Windows Support Forum

"Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart" error and Clean installation Erorr

Q: "Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart" error and Clean installation Erorr

Its me again I had my second laptop with Windows Home Premium bit My problem occurs when I try to downgarde clean installation to Windows Home Premium bit using CD DVD installation This is what I do - Select quot Custom Advanced quot Select quot Particion Primary quot Then it erorr at quot expanding the Windows files quot I forget what the erorr amp told me to restart Then Press Ctrl Alt restart" "Press Ctrl Del Erorr error installation + + to Clean Alt and Del to restart error appear Then what I do after that is try to install the with my other version of Windows the Windows Ultimate bit this one using USB for Installation I repeat the same way as above and really surprised me everything went smoothly no error If is the DVD Windows Home Premium bit is main "Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart" error and Clean installation Erorr problem but it when okay on my dad amp bro pc amp I just bought it months ago This problem is not a new problem for me but already this already thousands times this problem occurs when I try to make a quot clean installation quot on my first amp second pc Plus both are still consider a new laptop st laptop - amp nd laptop If you want to say that my DVD "Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart" error and Clean installation Erorr Player is the problem it very strange to me because I've tried to install other programs like Avira and everything went smoothly except for a Windows installation DVD Usually the installation went good on USB but always problem with DVD although the DVD is a new one If possible I want to use my Windows Home Premium bit instead of Windows Ultimate bit because Windows Ultimate does not belong to me it's belong to my father I'm using it only to attempt to solve this problem So I hope anyone can help me Thank you note Why i want to downgrade because most my software doesn't support bit

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: "Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart" error and Clean installation Erorr

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: "Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart" error and Clean installation Erorr

What do the drives look like when you try to start the install? I always prefer to have blank hard drives, and then use diskpart to partition the drive the way I want before letting Window's installer to continue.

On an unrelated note, what programs do you have that aren't compatible?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/245000-press-ctrl-alt-del-restart-error-clean-installation-erorr.html
Relevancy 114.39%

I recently built a new PC however I m having a problem installing Windows XP onto my SATA drive It works perfectly if I use an IDE but this is what happens with SATA -Goes to the setup screen and puts on the necessary files -Asks me to format -Starts the second restart timer then restarts -I change the boot order to HDD to Occured. Disk installation XP restart" Press = Solved: SATA Read in "A Error CTRL+ALT+DEL first -It tells me quot A Disk Read Error Occured Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart quot when it s supposed to continue with the installation I ve tried the drivers that came with the motherboard and no-go I ve also tried with no drivers and it still gives me this error One time I believe it said something about quot Boot quot but it flashed on the screen too fast and restarted to see what it said EDIT If I made a direct copy from an IDE drive onto this SATA one is there a chance that might help If there s a driver issue it would have all the drivers needed on the Hard-Drive wouldn t it Motherboard Asus A N-VM CSM Processor AMD Athlon MB L Cache Case Power Antec Sonata II w PSU RAM Crucial Rendition GB PC x HDD Seagate Barracuda GB RPM MB Cache SATAII GPU Solved: SATA installation in XP = "A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart" Radeon XT AGP nbsp

A:Solved: SATA installation in XP = "A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart"

Fixed it simply by making a clone of my IDE drive on my SATA drive :-].

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sata-installation-in-xp-a-disk-read-error-occured-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart.457962/
Relevancy 101.68%

My computer has recently started giving me an error message that says quot A disk read error occurred Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart quot during startup The first time this came up I took it into the repair shop the morning after They turned the computer on it started normally and after keeping it overnight they returned it to me saying that they could find nothing wrong with it It worked normally for about days after that and then when I was using it the system suddenly became unresponsive I was forced to turn it off via the button on the front of my tower and when I turned it back on the disk read error message came back up The next morning when I turned it on it was fine This process of it becoming unresponsive giving me the error and being fine by the next occurred. error read restart." CTRL-ALT-DEL to Press disk "A morning continued for a couple of days until now when it only shows me the error Help System Specs Model Gateway E -Bay Desktop OS Windows XP Professional SP "A disk read error occurred. Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart." Processor Intel Pentium GHz CPUs Memory GB RAM Video NVIDIA GeForce GT Drives C D backup "A disk read error occurred. Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart." E external nbsp

A:"A disk read error occurred. Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart."

Do you have backups? First thing I would suspect is the hard drive is dying, or at the very least, some important boot sector info is going bad. Try a utility boot disk of any variety like Parted Magic Live CD or make a UBCD4Win CD if you have access to a windows XP disc or image, or use a Linux LiveCD, to see if you can get access to the contents of the drive if need be. Or alternately, pull the drive and attach it as a secondary data drive to another system and see if its readable.

Based on the results of your attempts at access, further advice can be given as to what to do about the drive if that indeed turns out to be the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart.853167/
Relevancy 101.68%

Hi,

I tried to install windows 7 on my computer and it caused an error and would not load. So i tried to install a fresh copy of windows XP SP3. When the computer performed it's normal reboot during the installation the computer hangs during the BIOS and gives the following error message "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart".

Any suggestions on how to fix this.

A:"A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart"

It sounds like the HDD is failing. Restart with a Windows disc again and do a Full Format, not a Quick Format. The full format will identify any bad sectors and mark them as such and not copy data to them. If there are too many bad sectors, then it will not format. You will need to buy a new HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-522598.html
Relevancy 101.68%

Hello well the title pretty much says it all I had been getting BSODs always but I knew how to 'control' them since I newly installed I just had to start my PC and once Windows ran and I could login I Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" occurred - "A read disk error Press restarted it and everything worked fine no BSOD However this time I just felt like giving it a try the first time login in without the restart and well I shouldn't have I got a BSOD which by then I thought was normal but then when the PC restarted at the black controllers-screen I get the message quot A disk read error occurred - Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart quot This I couldn't avoid if I restarted I got to the very same screen and so on I've searched for help in other places some mention changing the slave master functions of the hard drive and so on but none work so I come to you Please I urgently need your help Thank you in advance Chris

A:"A disk read error occurred - Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

Your hard drive has failed. Replace it.
Disk read error refers to the "hard disk".

Sorry.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-441343.html
Relevancy 101.68%

After my Gateway LT280u loads the F2 and F12 screen a black screen Follows saying:
"A Disk Read Error Occured Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"
I have tried and tried again to get it to start.
Will take any advice to try to fix Computer problem
(It seems F8 doesn't work when pressed either)

A:"A Disk Read Error Occured Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

Have a look at Option 2 in this tutorial, which explains how to run a disk check from a command prompt.

Disk Check

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/230537-disk-read-error-occured-press-ctrl-alt-del-restart.html
Relevancy 101.68%

I have a problem that I was wondering whether anyone could help me with D Here's the deal I am a semi noob when it comes to computing in this sense and this is my situation My computer restart." Disk Occured. Press "A Error Read to CTRL+ALT+DEL became seriously screwed yesterday and so I restarted it a couple of times by holding the power button - this then did something bad to fundamental parts of the computer On boot up my computer would hang at the POST screen just before detecting drives I read on the internet to unplug the CMOS battery and replace it That worked and the computer now recognizes that I have two GB HITACHI Deskstar Sata hard drives the computer also recognizes that they are in raid configuration But when it comes down to booting from these HDDs it gives me the quot A Disk Read Error Occured Press CTRL "A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart." ALT DEL to restart quot error It just tries to boot from CD then if there are no CDs "A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart." it tries "A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart." the Hard disks and I get this error I also cannot boot from the XP install CD it just says quot Press any key to boot CD quot and when I do it just gives me the disk read error again I have absolutely nothing on this computer so I don't have any data to lose I can do whatever this end so even the most drastic things don't matter Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have to offer My system config is Motherboard ABIT FATAL TY AN X nForce SLI CPU AMD Athlon X Dual Core Graphics Gainward Bliss gtx RAM GB Corsair something or other

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-disk-read-error-occured-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-194996.html
Relevancy 101.68%

Ok a while ago my PC worked fine until one day I booted and it was extremely slow loading all startup programs Eventually it froze up completely and I was forced to restart Every time I rebooted it would restart itself whilst the loading screen for windows came up or get through to the login screen but have mouse disabled OR actually select my login but only ever load my desktop picture after hours and nothing more I tried to use my windows disk but to no avail There was to Press occured read restart" disk Ctrl+Alt+Del "A error a file error Anyway somehow through the "A disk read error occured Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" cmd I got it to check the disks etc and it worked fine after a blue screen which checked files in steps I forget how I got this Then once again after a couple of weeks I am on my computer when it suddenly lags badly grinds to a halt and everything freezes I am shortly after forced to restart it This time however just before the windows loading screen bit it says quot A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart quot Now once again I cannot run the windows disk due to the same error I will get the name if necessary Furthermore beforehand I was able to boot in safe mode i e press F select the boot device then press F some more and then get the list of CMD last known config safe mode etc etc whereas now I get the error prior to this As far as I can tell all I can do is play with the BIOS on the computer which I know a bit about but not enough to know a blatant error Needless to say I have tried resetting to optimal settings on the BIOS I have a Q Quad Core Processor and ATI Radeon x x series GPU gigs of RAM on XP SP Thanks for any help in advanced and please let me know any more info required P S Incidentally it was whilst playing the PC game Mount amp Blade that both these problems occurred although in the meantime I had no problems with it Dave

A:"A disk read error occured Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

Sounds like your Hard Drive might have died. Try making a Hard Drive diagnostic Boot Disc for your brand of HDD and try that. http://www.techsupportforum.com/f234...es-302602.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-disk-read-error-occured-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-403993.html
Relevancy 101.68%

Dell Dimension E520. This is obviously a hardware problem as this error comes up as soon as the POST hands off to the hard disk.

On a cold boot, I get "Disk Read Error, Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart your computer". Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del restarts the system and it always starts up and runs without incident after this point. Performance and everytng else is plenty acceptable and error free.

I have run Seatools on the Seagate hard disk and it passes all tests.

What is causing this error?

How can it be prevented?

A:"Disk Read Error, Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart your computer"

The E5xx series has had numerous BIOS updates to fix things. Go here( http://support.dell.com/support/top...t_central?~ck=ln&c=us&cs=04&l=en&lnki=0&s=bsd ) type in your service tag number and add it to your favorites. In Downloads, see if there is a newer BIOS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-read-error-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-your-computer.747792/
Relevancy 101.68%

When I searched this Google came up with zero results I have no idea what quot EBIPO quot press Startup Error "EBIPOS ctrl+alt+del is restart" to - compressed, is and neither does the internet apparently Two days ago I was in the process of verifying Windows because I got the quot windows is not genuine quot message and then when I restarted as I was asked that "EBIPOS is compressed, press ctrl+alt+del to restart" - Startup Error message came up and I haven't been able to get into the computer since I have tried booting directly from a Windows disk and the computer skips past it and returns to the message I've tried putting a recovery iso on "EBIPOS is compressed, press ctrl+alt+del to restart" - Startup Error a flashdrive and booting from that and still nothing It will not boot from anything whatsoever no matter what I put first disable enable etc in the setup thing I have no idea what to do at this point because I can't get into the computer for the life of me and I can't lose the files I have on there Not again This computer was a gift from my grandparents and not even three months later I've somehow effed it up Please if you could offer any advice or solutions to this it'd be greatly appreciated If there's any buttons I can press to manually start from the CD or flashdrive that'd be helpful too considering it refuses to follow the boot sequence I've set up CD DVD gt USB Flashdrive gt Internal HDD I previously only had CD DVD on and then I switched it to USB Flashdrive and later Internal HDD and neither one works Dell Latitude D Windows Ultimate x I can't tell you any more than that I'm sorry EDIT I forgot to mention Pressing CTRL ALT DEL as it tells me to does nothing but restart and bring me right back to the same message over and over again

A:"EBIPOS is compressed, press ctrl+alt+del to restart" - Startup Error

Quote: Originally Posted by Vyce

When I searched this, Google came up with zero results. I have no idea what "EBIPO" is, and neither does the internet, apparently.

Two days ago, I was in the process of verifying Windows 7 (because I got the "windows 7 is not genuine" message) and then when I restarted as I was asked, that message came up and I haven't been able to get into the computer since.

I have tried booting directly from a Windows 7 disk, and the computer skips past it and returns to the message. I've tried putting a recovery .iso on a flashdrive and booting from that, and still, nothing. It will not boot from anything whatsoever, no matter what I put first, disable, enable, etc in the setup thing.

I have no idea what to do at this point, because I can't get into the computer for the life of me, and I can't lose the files I have on there. Not again. This computer was a gift from my grandparents, and not even three months later, I've somehow effed it up.

Please, if you could offer any advice or solutions to this, it'd be greatly appreciated. If there's any buttons I can press to manually start from the CD or flashdrive, that'd be helpful, too, considering it refuses to follow the boot sequence I've set up (CD/DVD > USB Flashdrive > Internal HDD... I previously only had CD/DVD on, and then I switched it to USB Flashdrive, and later Internal HDD, and neither one works).

Dell Latitude D530
Windows 7 Ultimate x32

I can't tell you any more than that, I'm sorry.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. Pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL as it tells me to, does nothing but restart and bring me right back to the same message, over and over again.

Hi Vyce,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Can you please post a screenshot or picture of the error message showing on the system. It could be an issue with the motherboard on the system.

You should try CMOS reset on system and check if it helps:

Manual Link

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/315645-ebipos-compressed-press-ctrl-alt-del-restart-startup-error.html
Relevancy 101.68%

I m lost Honestly I thought that there was nothing I couldn t do with the internet at hand but this has completely stumped me So yeah that s CTRL has to + Press Restart" Read + "A Disc Error ALT Occurred. DEL the message "A Disc Read Error has Occurred. Press CTRL + ALT + DEL to Restart" I get when I boot up I ve practically disassembled my PC to see what s up visually speaking nothing looks wrong it s all clean everything s plugged into the right place so that shouldn t be the problem I can t access safe mode it just won t let me nor can I reinstall XP it says quot system is analysing your hardware quot and then the screen goes blank and nothing happens I ve done diagnostics five times and apparently nothing s wrong I don t care what happens to my files there s nothing on there which I m desperate to save I just don t want to have wasted all of my money Any help I m sure I can give hardware information if necessary nbsp

A:"A Disc Read Error has Occurred. Press CTRL + ALT + DEL to Restart"

You may have to Format your hrd drive and clear off the old installation of windows first.

You cant get to the area of installation that would allow you to do that. See if you can download from the hard drive manufacturer, who-ever that may be, thier hard disc maintenance tools. Such as Seatools for Seagate, or MaxBlast for Maxtor. Creating a bootable disc of which ever one youneed to use you should be able to partition and refomat the hard drive as these will boot with out attempting to boot from your hard drive. Also you can run a HDD test from the same disc telling you if you have a gone bad hard drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-disc-read-error-has-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart.722235/
Relevancy 101.68%

I have a home built machine with an Gigabyte Mother board GB of RAM Pentium D GHz proc Zalman watt power supply running Winoidws bit with all the latest updates however BIOS is unconfirmed OS drive is a GB SATA with plenty of space at least GB free and the CD DVD Rom is IDE My GPU card needed cleaning so I removed Press restart." Ctrl+Alt+Del occurred. disk "A error to read it by disconnecting the Mobo power cable the GPU powe cable to the card and the ATX v cable this was necessary to remove the GPU card After cleaning and replacing the card and assuring all the connectors were securly fastened I received the above error Windows will occassionally get past the start up logo and the screen will go black with only the mouse "A disk read error occurred. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart." present slow start up OR the drive light will just be lit solid with the occasional access flicker What I have tried Ran the OS System Recovery Utility from the Boot disc Took a while said it fixed somethings but still get above error Reverted Mobo BIOS settings to default Tried to run CMD exe in the syetm recover tools in the Win boot disc for dskchk and run quot FIXMBR quot or quot FIXBOOT quot but since I know nothing about DOS couldn't figure out how to get it to check my SATA drive or past X services Tired booting without external HDs and CD's in USB or Rom drives I have been planning on wiping my drive anyway to get bit Win on the machine but would like one more boot from my C for a quick back up luckily I back up every other week so it's not a total loss I have seen some wacky stuff about this error and the most hilarious is this bickering thread which has some good info but everybody is so busy calling everybody else a lousy tech it's tough to digest This computer has killed two other drives both WD though becuase I stupidly swapped OS drives back and forth on the same cable Before this error occured Windows would say that it closed in an unusual way and how I wanted to proceed etc Yes big clue I'm guessing this is because my power settings may have shut the computer down or put it to sleep in a way it didn't like I know the staus quo response is to wipe it and reinstall but anybody have any other last ditch suggestions Thanks

A:"A disk read error occurred. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart."

Using another system - one that that one cannot touch (no offense), download Killdisk and use ImgBurn to burn the CD-R or DVD-R ISO (or other - I always use -R).

Then boot your system up with KillDisk and you'll see the menu - 1 of the options (apologies, don't recall which off hand) will allow you to view partitions to see what's on them.

If you can boot from that, then use non-MS OS (Linux ?) to copy files out. I am unfamiliar with Linux and procedures, but I will be glad to request help if you can view the drive with KillDisk and find files you wish to try & save.

That was some "bickering thread", BTW - I guess some need HUGE fonts like that either to emphasize their point (like some YELLING) - or maybe they lost their glasses!

One thing I can tell you - the error message that you are receiving is IMHO purely related to the DVD/CD drive - CTRL-ALT-DELETE will not re-boot the hard drive. It is from the days of DOS and floppy drives. You are probably receiving that message b/c the system cannot find what it needs on the hard drive to boot - i.e., it is not recognizing it a MS Windows installation. It also could be the media - the DVD/ CD.

KillDisk - http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm

Make bootable KillDisk ISO CD w/ ImgBurn -
ImgBurn - http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

For info - KillDisk WILL NOT automatically start deleting files when you boot with it - you'll see the menu.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

p.s. thanks for the link to the "bickering thread" - I haven't seen anything like that in a while!

JC

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-446527.html
Relevancy 101.37%

I have a problem that I was wondering whether anyone could help Disk "A :( restart." Occured. Press HELP CTRL+ALT+DEL Read to PLEASES(!) ME Error me with D "A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart." HELP ME PLEASES(!) :( Here s the deal I "A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart." HELP ME PLEASES(!) :( am a semi noob when it comes to computing in this sense and this is my situation My computer became seriously screwed yesterday and so I restarted it a couple of times by holding the power button - this then did something bad to fundamental parts of the computer On boot up my computer would hang at the POST screen just before detecting drives I read on the internet to unplug the CMOS battery and replace it That worked and the computer now recognizes that I have two GB HITACHI Deskstar Sata hard drives the computer also recognizes that they are in raid configuration But when it comes down to booting from these HDDs it gives me the quot A Disk Read Error Occured Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart quot error It just tries to boot from CD then if there are no CDs it tries the Hard disks and I get this error I also cannot boot from the XP install CD it just says quot Press any key to boot CD quot and when I do it just gives me the disk read error again I have absolutely nothing on this computer so I don t have any data to lose I can do whatever this end so even the most drastic things don t matter Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have to offer My system config is Motherboard ABIT FATAL TY AN X nForce SLI CPU AMD Athlon X Dual Core Graphics Gainward Bliss gtx RAM GB Corsair something or other nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-disk-read-error-occured-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-help-me-pleases.651408/
Relevancy 101.37%

This is kinda long and I've fixed it but could use your input So after waking up my parents informed me that the computer was shutting down randomly I turned it on and quot a "a press " restart disk ctrl+alt+del to Drive, error occurred Hard disk error occurred press ctrl alt del to restart quot appeared It's a Sata hard drive so I checked the cables to make sure they were plugged in correctly and they were and then I tried connecting it to another computer with that computers cables and that didn't work either My parents not wanting to buy one online decided to just go to bestbuy and buy one there since we already had the Windows Disk at home I formatted it partitioned it and installed Windows Home Premium on Hard Drive, "a disk error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart " it and everything worked I decided to connect the Hard drive that didn't work while the computer was still on and it immediately started downloading the drivers it needed and up popped all the hard drive I'm going to start transferring all the important things like music videos and games and after Hard Drive, "a disk error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart " all I can see are the following things after getting all the data we want off it should I reinstall Hard Drive, "a disk error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart " windows to see if my other computer will recognize it Even though it couldn't before format it and just use it as extra data though since it already couldn't boot up the ability to keep data on it may fail in a couple of days weeks or just put it away and not use it at all What would you guys reccomend I do

A:Hard Drive, "a disk error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart "

First get the data you need off it.

Then go to the mfr and get their HD testing utility and run it.

If it were me I wouldnt trust it. I have been burned before.

You certainly could use it for storage of, say one set of backups, for the chances of losing your OS HD, and that backup at the same time are nil.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/224382-hard-drive-disk-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-restart.html
Relevancy 101.06%

Hello
I have a Toshiba windows Xp professional 2001 Laptop

Before I got this error my computer was doing a shut down update. I forgot to plug the charger before I left to work and the screen said "please do not unplug or shut off computer" so I'm guessing my computer died before it could finish updating. I went home turned it on and got "a disk read error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart" restarted it and just keeps looping to that screen.

Spent hours searching the internet for a solution and nothing. So the only answer I could think of is factory reset it. Is there another way? Will it work? Please help

Thanks in advance

A:Will Factory Reset Fix "a disk read error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart"

If you have a Windows XP CD you can boot off of the that and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter this will try to repair any problems.
If you don't have an XP CD, you can download the ISO image for the Recovery Console: DOWNLOAD: Windows Recovery Console Burn the image to CD using IMGBurn in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD in the troubled computer, and follow the above instructions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/will-factory-reset-fix-a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-907714.html
Relevancy 100.75%

Wow So I did some work on this machine not too long ago It had basically lost one hard drive in a raid setup during a power surge and this poor fellow lost all his data I tried to talk him into upgrading to a third drive for future situations like this but now not even two weeks later when he boots we get to a screen that says a disk read error occurred press ctrl alt del to restart A browse through these wonderful forums is telling me that his hard drive or at least the partition on of the drives is toast which would be disastrous at this point So I am truly hoping for another solution Yes the machine is running Raid When I boot the machine I get to the intel boot agent screen with the option to enter the setup menu this is not the bios just a boot agent something or other where you can tell the machine to boot according to the bios ect Following that the screen goes blank the super micro graphic screen comes up just briefly and then bam this good old message appears so there does not even appear to be a way to get into the bios I am desreate for advice If I must resinstall windows then so be it but we are talking thousands of dollars worth of data that would be lost Please please help nbsp

A:Raid 0, Boot prob, "A disk read error occurred" press ctrl alt del to restart

Try hitting del continuously when booting to see if you can get into the bios, then see what drives in the raid array are recognized.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-0-boot-prob-a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart.415881/
Relevancy 97.34%

Hello,
I really need your help. I have exams coming up soon so need to get back on my computer as soon as possible. I have a notebook with windows XP. The model is Compaq mini CQ10-400.

When I switch the notebook on it displays the "BOOTMGR IS MISSING"... message. I cannot get on my computer passed that screen, apart from when I press escape after pressing Ctrl, Alt, Del. It gives me 4 options ... " F1 system information, F2 system diagnostics, F9 boot device options, F10 BIOS setup."

There is no disc drive so what should I do, and what is the easiest way to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 97.34%

Hello,
I really need your help. I have exams coming up soon so need to get back on my computer as soon as possible. I have a notebook with windows XP. The model is Compaq mini CQ10-400.

When I switch the notebook on it displays the "BOOTMGR IS MISSING"... message. I cannot get on my computer passed that screen, apart from when I press escape after pressing Ctrl, Alt, Del. It gives me 4 options ... " F1 system information, F2 system diagnostics, F9 boot device options, F10 BIOS setup."

There is no disc drive so what should I do, and what is the easiest way to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

A:"BOOTMGR IS MISSING""PRESS Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

The only way to fix this is to use startup repair from the Windows XP CD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bootmgr-is-missing-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-697487.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Hello,

I need help with this Diskette issue please. "Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure"
I've had this problem a few times in a couple of years and I have been able to fix the error by pressing F2 and going to the SETUP. And I've done this with no issues. But this time I thought I fixed it but now I get this new error: "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". After I press Ctrl+Alt+Del it takes me back to the same error massage "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". Need help please. This is a Dell Desktop, Windows XP.
Thank you.

Sue

A:"Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure" Error Then "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl..."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diskette-drive-0-seek-failure-error-then-a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl.1112549/
Relevancy 92.38%

Here are my specs:
Compaq Presario
Model: SR5550F
Processor: AMD Athlon? 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5400+ (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 3.00 GB
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
-----------

Hello. My problem is when I boot up my computer all I get is this "NTLDR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". I can still get into bios, but that's it. I've desided to order the recovery discs for my computer to do a full system recovery, hoping that will fix it.

My question is though, will the discs fix this "NTLDR is missing" thing, or will I have to fix it some other way??

Really appreciate any help you can give me.

A:"NTLDR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

Did this computer ever work properly?

If so, is there any event that may have caused the problem?

From MS, the problem can be fixed with a Vista DVD. Did you install the OS, yourself or was it pre installed?
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...1-6f41693cace6

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/268840-ntldr-missing-press-ctrl-alt-del-restart.html
Relevancy 92.38%

I've been getting this problem lately when I turn on my computer. When I press the Ctrl+Alt+Del combination, the computer does restart but sometimes it still gives me the same screen again, so I need some luck to get past it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's extremely bothersome.

This is how the screen looks like:

Why am I getting this problem now and how can I fix it?

A:"BOOTMGR is missing, Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

Hello Synnchan,

This may be able to help.

Bootmgr is missing - Fix

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/355502-bootmgr-missing-press-ctrl-alt-del-restart.html
Relevancy 90.83%

I had blue screen error ( kernal data in page) whic i try sorted by running chkdsk n memory device test and result was both HDD and RAM are fine and has no errors and faults. after few days i am now receiving this error right after dell bios loaded " error disk reading press alt ctrl del to restart" but on restarting it doesnot respond back. what to do ? I am using inspiron dell core i3 with windows 8.1. please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-disk-reading-press-alt-ctrl-del-to-restart-on-windows-8-1-inspiron-dell-lapto.1136517/
Relevancy 84.32%

My currently using WD 80gb SATA HDD... I buy near half year d...
My pc recently always occur the error when booting...
"Disk read error, press ctrl+alt+del to restart"
is it my HDD problem? or...

plz help... ty^^

Relevancy 81.53%

I have an Acer desktop purchased in 2011 and it has been working fine up until now. First it started freezing on its own, then i would get an error blue screen with a bunch of stuff written on it. Then I started getting disk error that with tell me to restart by pressing ctrl alt del but it would never work. So I decided to do complete system restore which stopped midway saying there was an I/O error. So I kept pressing ctrl alt delete when that messGe appeared and suddenly it started working fine. But after couple of days it started freezing Again and the ctrl alt del message has appeared up. I m totally lost!! Plse help

[email protected]

A:Acer Desktop "Disk error occurred please press crrl+alt+del to restart"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-desktop-disk-error-occurred-please-press-crrl-alt-del-to-restart.1108297/
Relevancy 80.6%

Yesterday, I recieved a new 80GB HDD (Hard Disk Drive) for my Dell Optiplex GX280 SD. As soon as I recieved it I shutdown my computer and replaced my 40GB HDD with it; however, once I turned on my PC I got a black screen with a message that said: "Disk Error Press any key to restart". Everytime I hit Eneter (or any other button) I get the same message right underneath it. In order to restart my computer I have to press Ctrl/Alt/Delete.

Why am I getting this message? Is the Hard Drive damaged? Should I return it? Or am I doing something wrong? I tried to install a clean version of Windows XP but can't because my computer doesn't boot up.

Any suggestions?

A:"Disk Error Press any key to restart"

Have you made sure that the computer is not trying to boot off the hard drive?
Check in the BIOS to make sure its set to booting off the CD.

I'm assuming that you haven't managed to install XP on it however, as it will be a blank disk and have nothing to read.

Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-error-press-any-key-to-restart.128192/
Relevancy 107.07%

When I using "Ctrl+C" and "Ctrl+V" to copy, paste sth in notepad, the file folder and notepad will crash. The task bar will disappear and recovery in several seconds. But it works fine after I reboot the computer. Does anyone know the reason? Thanks.

A:Notepad and File Folder crash when I press "Ctrl".

nobody met this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/20331-notepad-file-folder-crash-when-i-press-ctrl.html
Relevancy 107.07%

upon starting my computer,the screen says "wgmiu is compressed, press ctrl, alt., delete" acreen blinks and then goes right back to wgmiu is compressed, wont go any farther...any ideas? Thanks.

A:"wgmiu is compressed, press ctrl, alt., delete" message

Quote: Originally Posted by h2ounderground

upon starting my computer,the screen says "wgmiu is compressed, press ctrl, alt., delete" acreen blinks and then goes right back to wgmiu is compressed, wont go any farther...any ideas? Thanks.

Hi h2ounderground , welcome to the forums , i have a feeling you;ve been infected with a virus i did a search for "wgmiu" and the only legible result was the post you made on Microsoft answers , i will have to pass this one over to the security experts of the forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/94571-wgmiu-compressed-press-ctrl-alt-delete-message.html
Relevancy 106.64%

hi,

i want to move the press Ctrl+Alt+Del to log on to little above or down below so that i can view my background image nicely.
"currently it is located in the center" i want the writing to be on top or down
thanks in advance.

A:How do I move " press Ctrl+Alt+Del to log on " in login screen

im having a dell pc. and i dont think it will have any settings in the bios related to what i want.

attached 2 pictures, one is the original and the other one is the way i want

thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/234998-how-do-i-move-press-ctrl-alt-del-log-login-screen.html
Relevancy 106.64%

I am having this exact same issue on my Lenovo E520. In the Advanced User Accounts - the box to check to "require users to press ctrl-alt-del" is greyed out. In the Local Security Policy I have disabled the Interactive Login. With these changes made the computer will require the Ctrl-Alt-Del during the first reboot but will revert to the factory settings upon subsequential reboots. I believe it is caused by the fingerprint scanner software or drivers but the uninstall option is not available in the Delete Programs utility. Also I am leary on removing these as I don't want to cause conflicts with the other Lenovo factory installed software. Any suggestions?

A:"require users to press ctrl-alt-del" is greyed out

Hello Langrabes, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Using OPTION TWO or OPTION THREE in the tutorial below may be able to enable this option again for you so that it's not longer grayed out afterwards.

Secure Logon - Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to log on

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/214407-require-users-press-ctrl-alt-del-greyed-out.html
Relevancy 105.35%

I have a Dell machine here with the system recovery stored on the hard disk? You access it by pressing Ctrl+F11 when the blue Dell band appears across the top of the screen just after POST.

Let's say I install Acronis TrueImage and Acronis Secure Zone (press F11 for Acronis Recovery). Think that will destroy access to Dell's "Press Ctrl+F11" for system recovery?

A:Acronis TrueImage Secure Zone backup destroy Dell's "Press Ctrl+F11" system recovery?

IMHO, you are better served bt depending on one recovery program or another.

I have Acronis TI instaled on my machine and use it exclusively. XP's System Restore is disabled and I have no othet backup/recovery programs actrive. Just my way of doing it and so far so good. I'm sure others will have differing opinoins.

Raybro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acronis-trueimage-secure-zone-backup-destroy-dells-press-ctrl-f11-system-recovery.726424/
Relevancy 101.48%

When setting up a win2k pro system, I accidentally swapped the mouse and the keyboard. Seems harmless enough. When it booted up everything seemed fine, I was in win2k desktop. I realized that the mouse and keyboard were switched. I tapped a key on the keyboard, and win2k crashed into a black screen with a blinking cursor. I switched the cables, rebooted and now I get the following error "disk read error press ctl+alt+delete to restart" and I am unable to get any further. The bios seems to be autosensing the drive just fine. This is an NTFS drive. Any thoughts?

A:"disk read error press ctl+alt+delete to restart

Try booting the system to the "Recovery Console" and run chkdsk!

the full syntax you want to type is "chkdsk /r" (without quotes)

When chkdsk completes, you should be good to go!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-read-error-press-ctl-alt-delete-to-restart.87597/
Relevancy 100.62%

Hi.
Just as the title suggests. After i press restart, it's stuck at "shutting down" for about 10 minutes (looks idle), and then there's a momentary BSOD and a restart. After it restarts, it gives me the option to start windows normally or in a safe mode.

My OS is W7 64 bit.
Quad core 2.5GHZ
Gforce 560 2GB
4 GB RAM

Thanks!

A:Stuck at "shutting down" after i press restart/shut down.

We need the .dmp files from a:\firefox downloads\

You should really have them set to save in the default location...

Dump Files - Upload to SevenForums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/234426-stuck-shutting-down-after-i-press-restart-shut-down.html
Relevancy 100.62%

I went to turn on my computer and i get this message with just a black screen

"remove disc or any other media, press any key to restart"

Can someone please advise

Thanks

A:"remove disc or any other media. Press any key to restart?"

Do you maybe have a disk in the drive or something connected to one of the USB ports? If not, you can try to boot up and press F8 to run it in Safe Mode.

-- Ryan
Windows Outreach Team

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remove-disc-or-any-other-media-press-any-key-to-restart.978691/
Relevancy 99.76%

i currently running a xp home missing.. CTL+ALT+DEL please "NTLDR Press help! to restart'" edition my laptop i had this errror quot NTLDR missing Press CTL ALT DEL to restart' quot when i turn it on i found some stuff online such as below Windows XP users Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD press any key Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the quot R quot key to repair Windows Log into your Windows installation by pressing the quot quot key and pressing enter You will then be prompted for your administrator password enter that password Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter quot E quot This letter may be different on "NTLDR missing.. Press CTL+ALT+DEL to restart'" please help! your computer copy e i ntldr c copy e i ntdetect com c Once both of these files have been successfully copied remove the CD from the computer and reboot i followed that and got in everything looks the way it was before this error Then i restart to see if everything is good or not after the Toshiba sign with option of F or F to go into da BIOS the screen is just black I've tried to follow those above steps and do it again I be able to copy copy e i ntldr c but not copy e i ntdetect com c what can i do to fix this problem PLEASE HELP THANKS LTK

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ntldr-missing-press-ctl-alt-del-to-restart-please-help-234739.html
Relevancy 99.33%

when I start my Dell laptop Inspiron 1720, I get an error "Disk read error, press ctrl+alt+del to restart".
I tried formatting the harddisk using Windows 7 installation disk but am unable to do it.
Kindly reply as soon as possible.

A:Disk read error press ctrl+alt+del to restart

Sounds like you have a dead Hard Drive, you'll need to replace it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-read-error-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart.175421/
Relevancy 99.33%

I have a Toshiba Note book I was trying to perform to restart ctrl+alt+del is press error: bootmgr missing a error: bootmgr is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart hard-disk partition to it then I turned it off when I tried to operate it again it didn't start Itshowedd this message quot bootmgr is missing press ctrl alt del to restart quot The error: bootmgr is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart only option I had is restarting it and pressing F error: bootmgr is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart or F which both lead to the setup page I looked the problem up online and here is what I found The computer needs some sort of CD to repair or recover the system I can't use this solution since my computer is a Note Book which means I don't have a CD Drive I can look an quot system repair or recovery quot option on my computer setup page I couldn't find any system repair option I pressed F and then went to Advanced but I couldn't find any option that says system repair Pls I need help with this I need to find some solution that I can do on my own since I don't have any money P S I use windows

A:error: bootmgr is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart

You can download a windows 7 iso file (install media) a create a bootable usb drive with it, you can then boot machine from it and try/explore repair and restore functions directly from the media, check out these links for more info
Windows 7 Direct Download Links
Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool
just make sure you download the same version of windows 7 as the one you have installed on your machine

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/285718-error-bootmgr-missing-press-ctrl-alt-del-restart.html
Relevancy 99.33%

the title says it all. My cousin's HP laptop is experiencing this.
i can boot a windows 7 cd, but i should change the order first. CD drive then the main drive. 'coz when i put first the main drive, i can't boot the disk and disk error occured shows up.

i am doing a start up repair now.
i've been following other threads.. but i think this is getting me nowhere. it's been an hour now since i started the startup repair. it's still "searching for problems..."

what should i do?
thank you and good day!

okayyy.. so i finished the start up repair. whew! that took a lot of time.
it says.. "can't start the repair blah blah or can't repair.. report or dont send" something like that. hehe

so im back to zero .. again. haha

A:Disk error occured press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart

btw, it's OS is vista.
i have windows 7 disk.
should i install windows 7??
i just want to back up the files... and if its possible, fix the laptop.

thank you and good day!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/313528-disk-error-occured-press-ctrl-alt-del-restart.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Over the last six months I have had four hard drive failures with the above error message Initially I had an GB hard drive Windows XP Home Service Pack and I replaced this old drive with two GB Western Digital Hard Drives master and slave setup After two months of use I Press Restart error has Del Alt A to occurred. Ctrl disk received my A disk error has occurred. Press Ctrl Alt Del to Restart first disk error Fortunately I had cloned the master and was able to boot up from the slave I in turn was able to reach the master files while logged into the slave and copied all new files from the master to the slave I then moved the position of the slave hard drive to the master slot and moved A disk error has occurred. Press Ctrl Alt Del to Restart the problem master to the slave slot and proceeded to clone the slave from the master slot to the problem master in the slave slot At the end of the day the slave hard drive was now the master and the problem master hard drive was now the slave Everything was was working fine for another two months when the new master hard drive the original slave failed with the above same error message I subsequently contacted Western Digital and I was able to replace both hard drives which were in turn cloned from the working slave hard drive After yet another two months with a new set of Western Digital hard drives I recently receive another disk error message on my newly replaced master hard drive Is it possible that my old Gateway MHZ Pentium cannot support two hard drives Is it a strain on the Power Supply Is their some compatibility issue here with the Mother Board it seems like my boot-up process in getting corrupt after approximately after about plus months of use Yes I need some good Root Cause help here I can go through the exercise again with making my current slave the master and vice versa however my new fix may just last another two months before another disk error will surface not allow me to boot-up again nbsp

Relevancy 99.33%

hi everyone i ve been reading about this problem in forums but it seems like my case is different and the solution they offered doesnt work for me anyway everytime i start my pc its giving me this quot a disk error occurred quot then saying you have to press ctrl alt delete to restart and it and when you do it will just do the same thing just to explain the scenario better when i start it it lets me pass that bios introduction thing then after giving me that brief moment to choose between F or F it gives me that error now reading all the notes in forums ive tried all the suggestion and i will list them one by one i have checked and replace IDE cables so does the jumpers and connections and still nothing i have used the DOS based seagate tools for my hard drive to run diagnostics but it cant detect my hard drive i have checked the bios and the hard drive is registering del press disk a ctrl alt error occurred. restart to i have tried to use the XP cd to boot it up but it only goes as far as quot windows is trying to check your configuration quot or something like that and it will crash into a black screen which now prevents me to use the FIXBOOT or FIXMBR or CHKDSK or even reformatting the hard drive i have tried swapping my master and slave drive so i can use it to install a new windows but when it comes to the point when its asking me to choose which hard drive i want to install the windows OS both my master drive and slave drive were registering as quot unknown devices quot and if i continue it gives me the blue screen of death so instead of installing windows i tried to press R to repair it let me goes to C drive which is my original slave drive and it also lets me go to D drive which is my orginal master drive that gives that disk error message at start and using the command D gt dir it lets me list all my folders and files in my original master drive so what i did was i remove the hard drive that s giving me a problem and connect it to another computer as a slave drive and it a disk error occurred. press ctrl alt del to restart works perfectly i can access all the files and everything but when i put it back to where i came from it gives me the same error again if anyone can help me out i will greatly appreciate it otherwise ill just dump the motherboard and use this hard drive as a slave to my other pc nbsp

Relevancy 99.33%

So i'm getting this error msg when I boot up Windows XP

Disc Read Error - Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart. I do it but then it just comes up with that screen again.

I have tried countless of times but it doesn't want to seem to work.

This started happening after a game crash. Of artifacting and overheating and all that. So right now i'm using Ubuntu but it sucks. I hate it. I'm getting artifacts all over the screen. It's driving me insane. I can't seem to go into Windows Safe Mode either like trying to press F8 and all that. Otherwise, I would have tried to do a System Restore.

So does anyone have any solutions? All help would be greatly appreciated.

Imranq...

Relevancy 99.33%

Hello I have windows ultimate I got problem when i downloaded Spyhunter and after i did Bootmgr Error: is restart. missing Ctrl+Alt+Del Press to what it asked me and restarted my pc My computer came to a place call quot grub gt quot Every time i reboot my pc i came To the same place After some serching i did something real STUPID when i came to grub gt i wrote this command rootnoverify hd chainloader makeactive boot After that Error: Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. my pc restarted an now i am in a black and white page and this is what it say Error Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart I think i have changed a place of something Now i have insert bootible cd in my pc and now i have this on my page BIOS CPU MEMORY Others Peripherals System Parted Magic i - press f for more information UBCD FreeDOS R Based on NwDsk V User-defined Boot next device Reboot GRUB DOS I am very sorry but what should i do next now Thanks

A:Error: Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.

Why do you have GRUB? You say you have Windows 7. Did you correctly unplug all other HD's and delete all partitions during it's install?

Confirm the 100mb System Reserved partition (preferred if you have it) or C is Partition Marked Active
then run Startup Repair - Run up to 3 Separate Times to see if Win7 will start. If not uninstall GRUB by deleting its partition and any others not being used, then try the repairs again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/311999-error-bootmgr-missing-press-ctrl-alt-del-restart.html
Relevancy 99.33%

ok i've had this problem for awhile now and im not sure press a has to . disk . restart error occured. ctrl+alt+del how to fix and it came from other problems heres what happend my pc was going a bit slow and i got a message telling my to restart to finish the install on a game i had bought awhile back - years ago and i have installed it multipule times before so i went and restarted it and i had a problem it was one i had before which was a min or so after the desktop started it would freeze and stop responding at that point i came here looking for answers one i got was to uninstall my video driver and i did i realized that it had not fixed the problem worse because i had a low resolution and i had tried to restart a few times now the last time i tryed i was going to try something someone else had told me to do i dont remember what it a disk error has occured. . . press ctrl+alt+del to restart was but i wasnt able to even try it because the desktop would freeze too fast and i restarted it and got the error message now i have no idea what to do

A:a disk error has occured. . . press ctrl+alt+del to restart

Mate, you came to the right place.

Start windows in safe mode: Safe Mode

try to uninstall the game. also, type MSCONFIG into the start menu search bar, and click the program at the top. Click the option that says Diagnostic startup. Remember to go back and select Normal Startup when problem is solved

Restart, and do a full scan with your antivirus program. Make sure it is updated first. Also, please let me know which Antivirus program you are using.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/244657-disk-error-has-occured-press-ctrl-alt-del-restart.html
Relevancy 99.33%

So for the past week I've been trying everything i know how to do to fix this problem and here it its. Everytime i start up my PC is gives me the, "A Disk Read Error Has Occurred, press ctrl+alt+Del to reboot", so i tried putting my XP disk back in to reformat it, but whenever it asks to press any key to boot from disk, i press any key and the words, "Setup is now configuring your hardware setup" or whatever, then the screen goes completely blank and it stays that way. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! and i know i didnt do everything right, but i dont know how to do all of the stuff that elf posted in the main sticky....so....if anyone has any advice, that would be amazingly helpful

A:Disk Read Error, press ctrl-alt-del to restart

Default your BIOS
if still have this problem, ghost your OS,then format your hard disk,
if cannot format your disk. there must be something wrong with your harddisk

try some harddisk detector or hard disk recovery tools.

BY THE WAY, change your hard disk wire, may solve this problem,i guess

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disk-read-error-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-272732.html
Relevancy 99.33%

I know that this has been handled in the past, and I have tried a few things that have
been mentioned (Thanks Shawn!). I am working on a MSI CR620 laptop that is running
Win 7 HP x64. On start up it says to press F3 for recovery, I have done that and have
gone through the recovery, getting the post that windows has been installed completely,
and to press ok to restart, after pressing okay, the computer restarts and I get the
"Disk read error, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart again. I have ordered a recovery disk
from the manufacturer, but I don't have warm fuzzys that it will correct the issue.

A:Disk read error Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostics

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/247116-disk-read-error-press-ctrl-alt-del-restart.html
Relevancy 98.9%

If you press can the in enable How screen? ctrl+alt+del i "Restart" ctrl alt del you have options like quot lock this computer quot quot log off quot quot show task manager quot etc in the middle of the screen I would like to have the option quot restart quot too i know that i can get this option at this screen at the power-button but in our systems i have to disable the power-button to prevent that someone presses shut down restart shoul be still available so i need a way to enable it in How can i enable "Restart" in the ctrl+alt+del screen? the described way i don t want to have quot restart quot at any other way cause windows is completely closed for our How can i enable "Restart" in the ctrl+alt+del screen? users they can only use the startet programs in full screen mode they have no permissions to use the start-button or to see the desktop only ctrl alt del is available to log out therefore i need this quot extraordinary quot solution anyone has a hint the system is windows prof bit

A:How can i enable "Restart" in the ctrl+alt+del screen?

Hi PiTu, does it work?
Click on the triangle, the option is there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/252589-how-can-i-enable-restart-ctrl-alt-del-screen.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hello All A friend of mine gave me a few computers- because his office was upgrading all of their systems- I reformatted many of them and installed windows me they are too slow to support xp but I am having a problem with one Originally it had windows pro as the os I didn t have the password to log-into the computer So I ran fdisk formatted the hard drive then tried to continue" OS key then remove system Installation: to any "invalid press disk, install the new os but I keep getting the error message upon booting that quot invalid system disk remove then press any key to continue quot I thought the cd-rom was bad so I replaced it I changed the boot sequence used a floppy to boot OS Installation: "invalid system disk, remove then press any key to continue" even got the hard drive manufacturer s utility program to prep the drive for the os but even that doesn t work Am I missing something Does the fact that I didn t have the password to enter the computer have anything to do with this I used this same method for installing me on all the other systems and they are fine but this one is an issue Thanks in advance for any suggestions nbsp

A:OS Installation: "invalid system disk, remove then press any key to continue"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/os-installation-invalid-system-disk-remove-then-press-any-key-to-continue.388778/
Relevancy 98.9%

recently installed windows on an old Gateway x Wanted to put XP Pro back on it so went ahead booted from disk formatted the computer restarted as usual to complete installation but never made it past quot boot hangs to key installation any disk...." "press forever XP from press any key to boot from disk quot I let it sit for like an hour even though I knew time wouldn t help What could be the problem I read somewhere about pressing F when the XP cd XP installation hangs "press any key to boot from disk...." forever first loads to install SATA RAID drivers but my drives are IDE Also if I do try to quot press any key quot after the formatting has finished and the computer restarts nothing happens The only fix i ve found is to put in the windows dvd I have and reformat with it - then reboot with xp disk Then when I push quot any key quot to boot from disk the usual XP setup dialog blue screen comes up Anyone have any ideas I ve googled my brains out trying to get an answer so this is my last resort nbsp

A:XP installation hangs "press any key to boot from disk...." forever

The only thing I can think of is a bad XP Install disk although it will boot when you first install which is the only time you should "press any key".. Other than that it could be something with your keyboard not being sensed at that time, try a different keyboard. Problems like this are sometimes only solved by process of elimination.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-installation-hangs-press-any-key-to-boot-from-disk-forever.134664/
Relevancy 98.04%

Suspect Trojan bot virus malware worm don t know which one expert Help Requested ERROR Press F for Emergency Recovery A Disk Read Error Occured Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart Computers will not boot Started with XP SP machines One machine one day and two machines the next day All HP Compaq DC s Another day At one location maybe to machines Another location about more machines in a rd location more machines All DC except one HP NC laptop HP DC s another machines in one day The next day more machines The next day more machines HP DC s HP Tablet HP DC Dell Inspirion Windows professional machine mostly HP Using the temporary fix quot fixmbr quot quot fixboot quot to get them back up and running Took the hard disk drive out of one restart Error Read DEL ALT Occured. to CTRL Press A Disk of the system and scanned it with almost every virus scanners rootkit malware removal tools I could find They found nothing tdsskiller McAfee Stinger Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool RKill sophos scanner conficker-removal-tool gmer just to name a few Every Day we are seeing more and more machine with A Disk Read Error Occured Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart Requesting Help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/416661/a-disk-read-error-occured-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart/
Relevancy 98.04%

About a week to restart.' 'Disk Press error. read ctrl+alt+delete ago my computer suddenly refused to boot up Windows Vista The HP screen would flash by but after that it would either hang at a 'Disk read error. Press ctrl+alt+delete to restart.' black screen or it would say Disk read error Please insert a system disk It did this for a few hours before Windows recovery randomly popped up scanned the computer found the problem repaired itself and the computer ran fine for a week I burned off everything I needed to keep during this time Today it did it again only this time the message says quot Disk read error Press ctrl alt delete to restart quot I put in a Vista recovery disk and it took it nearly five hours to load the recovery console entirely Unfortunately it doesn t seem to be finding my hard drive When I click Repair your computer on the Windows Vista screen from the recovery disk i get a box that says System Recovery Options It lists my OS installed partition size and Location It lists nothing at all and clicking Load Drivers it tells me to insert the installation media for the device and click OK to select the driver If I click OK I get an explorer window that lists Recent Places SYSTEM and Computer System comes up empty Probably since it will only look for Setup Information in the filetypes and when I click on Computer I see a hard drive named Boot X with MB free of MB and my DVD-ROM with my repair disk in it If I skip selecting an OS to repair on the above-described window and just hit Next to get to System Recovery options and click on Startup Repair it runs for a few seconds then comes back and says it can t repair Windows automatically Clicking on View problem details gives me Problem Event Name StartupRepairV Problem Signature External Media Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature NoHardDrive Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature OS version Locale ID quot System Restore give me an error box that says quot To perform an offline System Restore you must specify which Windows installation you would like to restore quot Complete PC Restore gives me quot No valid backup locations could be found quot When I open the Command Prompt it says it s on Drive X sources and if I hit CD C it says the system cannot find the drive specified Is there any help to be had for it or is my hard drive dead where it sits nbsp

A:'Disk read error. Press ctrl+alt+delete to restart.'

It does sound like it could be dead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-read-error-press-ctrl-alt-delete-to-restart.1016243/
Relevancy 98.04%

I have a Gateway MX laptop that came installed with Vista I was ok with it until CTRL+ALT+DEL OCCURRED. to READ restart ERROR Press DISK a few weeks back I keep getting the sporadic DISK READ ERROR OCCURRED. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart blue screens and shutdowns on the machine After days of trying to figure out how to resolve it - I made the decision to purchase Windows XP and just install it on this computer and not deal with Vista anymore I chose to go the dual boot route in case I changed my mind and followed all the online instructions and got it to work including finding all the XP drivers However I wanted to make the XP partition bigger and in a daring move I decided to try and reformat the drives and start all over and then the problems began I can definitely install Vista with no problem but when I try to go back and add XP like I did before - I get the quot A DISK READ ERROR OCCURRED Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart quot and the computer just hangs I can install the Vista disc and go through the repair startup mode and then it boots up to Vista again but can t get it to boot into XP and to be honest I am not entirely sure that it actually installed again I am a newbie to this and really am unsure what to do now and hoping someone can help me nbsp

A:DISK READ ERROR OCCURRED. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart

Can you show us Disk Management?

Right-click Computer > Manage > Disk Management.

You might want to test the drive.

Free Hard Drive Testing Applications:
Manufacturer's Tests
HD Tune
CheckDisk 1.03 (Marks bad sectors as unusable.)
HDAT2 (Diagnostics and bad sector recovery)
MHDD Low-level Diagnostics
Bootable Hitachi Drive Fitness Test Floppy or CD Image (works on most drives)

Hard Drive Manufacturers' Diagnostic Utilities Links:
TachTech
BleepingComputer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart.708867/
Relevancy 98.04%

hi my dell laptop was facing "TFGHT is compressed "...like this sohow could i recovery my laptop in actual position please solve the problem

A:Boot error:TFGHT is compressed press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart

Have you by any chance compressed the system drive? If so that is the reason and there are lots of google hits. Here are some:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...http://www.computing.net/answers/wi...http://windowsdiscussions.com/how-r...Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/boot-errortfght-is-compressed-press-ctrlaltdel-to-restart/19326.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi again guys,

It seems that every now and again my computer will freeze up or turn itself off and display this message "A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart" when i restart the machine, the error re-appears. this has happened twice so far - each time i have left the computer switched off for a few hours then turned it back on and it has booted and worked successfully. Any way i can stop this from happening? Any ideas what is causing it?

Thanks in advance

Grant

A:A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart

I'd guess either overheating or a dying hard drive. Try running a bootable hard drive diagnostic usually available from the manufacturer of your hard drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/a-disk-read-error-occured-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-380484.html
Relevancy 98.04%

I was quite happily using my new PC when it completely froze on me (while using Cakewalk Sonar - possibly irrelevant?!) and so I pressed the reset button.
When the PC tried to restart it loaded the first splash screen (press del to open BIOS setup etc), loaded the dvd drive, then came up with the message:

A disk read error occurred
Press ctrl+alt+del to restart

I press ctrl+alt+del and it's groundhog day.

Any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-288962.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi, I'm running XP Pro on a custom machine. When my husband turned on the computer this a.m. he kept receiving the message "A disk read error occurred. Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart". I pulled the drive and was able to access & back up the drive with no problem. After putting it back and receiving the message again, I tried chkdsk & chkdsk /p from the recovery console and it stated no problems. I don't know what else to do. Thanks for your help.

A:A disk read error occurred. Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart

I also just tried a chkdsk /r and it stated that "chkdsk found and repaired one or more errors" but I still receive the same error message.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart.887381/
Relevancy 98.04%

Very sorry if this has been asked, I did look around.

My father has been having trouble with a “Frankenstein” computer he bought from a local shop that makes custom built machines. Other then the fact that it runs XP home I have no idea about the specs. I'm pretty sure there's a few virus and some spyware floating around in there, it kept getting slower and slower to the point were it was taking thirty minutes to start up. Upon starting up the computer recently we received the dreaded Windows XP screen

A Disk Read Error Occurred. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart.

Restarted, fiddled with the BIOS, tried to boot from disk but I still get them same screen.

Any help?

Relevancy 98.04%

Spent some quality time digging through past threads, tons of good info here, but unfortunately cannot solve my issue with my limited computer knowledge.

Gateway Laptop Model MX6128
Harddrive: Hitachi Travelstar 60 GB Internal hard drive - 100 MBps - 4200 rpm

A disk read error occurred
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

Went into BIOS settings and seems my hard drive is recognized as IDE 0 Master: ic25n060atmr04

I removed attempted to copy the data from the hard drive using an external Rocketfish case without success, otherwise I would have just reinstalled XP.

Any suggestions to get my Gateway paperweight into a functioning unit?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

A:A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart: XP

so you couldn't get the old HDD to mount through an external USB enclosure? Then the HDD is bad. Buy a new one and reinstall Windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-xp-441709.html
Relevancy 98.04%

put together a new computer
amd athalon 2 ghz
1 gb ram
biostar tf7025 mb

and had a good hd so didn't get a new, starting to think that was a mistake
i'm using a 160gb western digital hd
I reformat with xp pro it loads all the setup files and reboots to start setup and comes up with
a disk read error has occured
press ctrl+alt+del to restart

i can't figure out what the problem is it is driving me crazy

Relevancy 98.04%

Last night my computer worked fine. On switching it on this morning, i still use it, i browse the net, i use microsoft word then suddenly my computer freeze for about 3 mins then i restart then I get the error message:"A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart"i recently search the net on how to fix the problem but the solutions are almost similar, they say that i need an xp cd, but my cd rom is not ejecting.. i dont know why, i tried inserting a pin many times but still no luck... please help me i want to recover my files.

A:"A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart"

please check your hardrive cable...does it fit/plug properly or not...
and check does your hardrive is recognized by BIOS or not...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336502/a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart/
Relevancy 98.04%

By the way I did try to search this but no results came up on this forum A Disk Read Error Occurred Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart So my old hard drive died so I went out and bought this drive Press to Occurred. Disk DEL ALT restart? Read CTRL Error A http www newegg com Product Product aspx A Disk Read Error Occurred. Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart? Item N E I have a old HP c with AMD Athlon XP mb ram DVD-ROM drive CD-RW drive and integraded video and that is about it Ok I bought the above WD gb Caviar SE EIDE drive after my old gb Maxtor just died yrs pretty good drive Anyways when ever I try to install XP Pro SP disk It goes through entire windows install process then the red bar countdown before reboot counts down and restart the screen tells me A Disk Read Error Occurred Press CTRL A Disk Read Error Occurred. Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart? ALT DEL to restart and nothing So I thought a bad drive BUT here is the kicker it WILL install Ubuntu Linux just fine but no windows Please help nbsp

A:A Disk Read Error Occurred. Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart?

I used to hav the same problem with my IDE hard drive which turned out to b faulty (strangely enuff if i restarted enuff times it would let me into windoze).

Get a fitness est from the manufacturer website (or download the ultimate boot cd) and do a read test to see the state of the hard drive.

Faulty IDE cable? Faulty IDE controller maybe? But my first thought would b a faulty drive..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart.728690/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hey Guys,
I just thougt to install Windows XP again instead of Windows 7...
After the setup restarted the PC for the first time...
at the screen that says press any key to boot from CD
I got this: "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart"
I just reinstalled Windows 7 just to get answers
I really want XP back its just the best OS ever!!!
Please help me!
PS: about 2 months later I wanted to have a dual boot PC (XP and 7) and I had the same problem...
Now this time its a different XP CD....
Please help me!

I will post this topic on many websites though.

A:A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart

You should check the drive...Find the manufacturer of your hard drive and run their Hard Drive Diagnostics Utility.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-440411.html
Relevancy 98.04%

i installed sap netweaver, the system became slow, all of sudden a blue screen came, stating "the physical memory dump and if this is the first time try to restart ". From the next time the same error message is appearing, i tried to install linux, windows7 through usb and cd...
but of no use,
i doing my computer courses in sweden
but i bought my laptop from india, i don't have international warranty...
i don't know what to do...
i checked my warrnty status, 43 days left, i mailed to them regards to my problem..
configuration:
dell vostro 1014
3gb ram
250 gb
coretodue
windows7 32 bit
can you gui's help me...
plz....

A:A disk read error occurred Press ctrl+alt+del to restart

sounds like a system file got corrupted. You may have to do a fresh install of Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart.954347/
Relevancy 98.04%

So this computer was running fine. It's used by a lady in the graphics department. It's fairly new, maybe a year old.

Then about two weeks ago she gets this message, 'A disk read error occurred. Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart'.

If she restarts, often it will boot up windows xp fine. Sometimes she has to reboot up to 3 times before it launches xp. But so far, it always launches xp in the end.

I checked the bios and it was set to boot off a floppy first then the HD. I put the HD first but I kindof doubt this will fix it as it was running fine for about a year before the trouble occurred.

I did run chkdsk. It reported no errors. And the problem persists.

I did have her move all her files to the server just in case.

A:A disk read error occurred. Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart'

Check the hdd cable?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart.995011/
Relevancy 98.04%

A Disk Read Error Occurred Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart This is what my compaq lap top is saying upon restart Using XP I do not have any recovery or diagnostic disks I have a new laptop and was using the compaq as a back- up I hadn t used it much in A Error Occurred. Disk to CTRL+ALT+DEL Read Press restart the last month or so and when I turned it on it was unusually slow I attempted to defrag the hard drive and it initialized after it analyzed During this time windows shut it down for an update to take effect Upon restart this is the message I got A Disk Read Error Occurred Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart Not A Disk Read Error Occurred. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart sure if this had something to do with restarting during defrag but it seemed like an odd coincidence to me I have read that an extremely slow computer can be a sign the HDD is going bad It does not and did not make any noise Any advice on where to go from here is welcome and appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 98.04%

I can't get my computer to do anything. I can only go to either Del: Enter Setup or F12 Boot Menu. I've tried to press F8, no luck. I've even tried to run a Factory default disc,recovery, and system repair disc. Still nothing. Please help.

A:A disk read error occurred: Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

Your hard-drive might be heading for a ride into the sunset.
Do you have restorable image or folder/file backups of all your data files, pics, etc.? If yes, then locate or create [on another computer] a DVD or USB stick with hard-wire checking, especially HD-checking utilities on it, run it.
If you have no restorable backups, cease trying to fix this for now, and using another computer -- locate, download any one of a number of versions of Puppy Linux ISO, burn said ISO onto a DVD or USB stick, attach another empty 32GB-64GB stick[s] to empty USB port[s] -- backup, backup, backup all your data stuff.
IF this is an impending HD failure, and I say IF, then you may only have 2-3 HD-spin hours at worst, a day or two at best, again IF this is a impending HD failure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370704-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-restart.html
Relevancy 98.04%

I'm running Windows XP on a EMachines PC. The PC is only a little over a year old. Suddenly tonight I have what appears to be a DOS screen that says "A Disk Read Error Occurred. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart". After doing a ctrl alt delete, I keep getting the same screen again. Can anyone shed some light on how to restart my PC? Is the hard drive shot?

Relevancy 98.04%

Hey guys, first post.

I have read some others with this problem but none helped me.

Basically everytime I start up my computer I get this message.
I try to repair install but everytime I boot from the cd it tries to boot then goes to a blank screen and does nothing.
Any help would be appreciated.
Windows XP

I reformatted about 4 times.

Relevancy 98.04%

Was trying to reuse an older Acer Aspire M to make a to press read error, disk alt, delete restart ctrl, PC-DVR I had a recovery disk that was disk read error, press ctrl, alt, delete to restart made by best buy's geek squad when this computer was purchased So since all the data had already been transfered to a new computer years ago I figured i'd just format the disk and use the recovery disk to reinstall everything Recovery disk is clearly marked as of however after getting to about i got a message to please insert next disc i disk read error, press ctrl, alt, delete to restart didn't have disk read error, press ctrl, alt, delete to restart another disk After realizing that this was a big problem i didn't know what to do I went ahead and powered it down amp tried to start over but on boot up i get the disk read error Pressing ctrl alt delete doesn't restart the system either I have to power it off manually I borrowed a buddy's windows vista install disk figuring maybe i could boot from it and just enter my key When i hit f it brings up the boot menu and I selected booting from the cd dvd drive and it goes directly to the disk read error screen I'm lost anyone experience this or have an idea I would appreciate your help Thanks

A:disk read error, press ctrl, alt, delete to restart

Are you 100% sure that your Vista installation from friend is working? It looks like it doesn't do boot from installation media. I remember some problems with Vista installation not seeing HDD drive untill formatted from another PC but this shouldn't be the issue in your case.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558874/disk-read-error-press-ctrl-alt-delete-to-restart/
Relevancy 98.04%

The laptop is an HP Mini 1000 running Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit. It was working fine and I turned it on today and the message: "A disk read error has ocurred Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart" appeared on the screen. Pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del just reboots but the same message appears again. F8 won't get me anywhere. Only F9 (Boot Device Order) and F10 (BIOS settings) are available but don't fix anything. There is no way to make it boot or even get to a repair screen or past it. Any suggestions to make it boot so at least I can get to the data and back it up? Or is there a way / procedure to fix it?

A:A disk read error has ocurred Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart

Hi cmsanchezpr and welcome to SevenForums,

This could be a hardware failure of the HDD. But lets test that first.

What type of Windows installation do you have:

1. Did Windows come pre-installed on the laptop?
2. Was it installed from a retail Windows 7 DVD?

Do you have a Windows installation DVD handy to boot from? If you do, you can boot from that, and attempt a Startup Repair:

Startup Repair

If you do not have a Windows 7 installation DVD, then post back here and we can help you further.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/218808-disk-read-error-has-ocurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-restart.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi,

The error occurs when starting my PC. I am able to restore an image and have enclosed a dump file of the error.

Can someone tell me what the actual error is?

Thanks in advance.

BCCode: 1000000a BCP1: 000000B0 BCP2: 00000002 BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 8052D4DA OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 256_1

A:A disk read error occurred, Press ctrl+alt+del to restart

It`s caused by sonypv13.sys.
This is part of the drivers for a camcorder
or other sony device.Uninstall them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart.75881/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi a few months ago I got hit by the telescript ransom virus so I took all my locked files and ctrl, restart read to Disk error Alt, Del occured Press put them in the cloud I did not delete them from my Disk read error occured Press ctrl, Alt, Del to restart computer but about days before you guys announced you had the codes to unlock the files I received the above error on my computer when I turned it on so now I am in Disk read error occured Press ctrl, Alt, Del to restart limbo because I can't get past this screen to be able to unlock my files I have one other laptop at home but I don't want to risk using it to unlock the files if a virus transfers across I also took it to a computer shop and they said tey would look at it and then never touched it for over a week until I chased them and then I got the feeling they really weren't interested because it had been hit by this virus they said they couldn't get into Disk read error occured Press ctrl, Alt, Del to restart the computer to anything at all yet I can get into the f screen They saud the harddrive is finished and the laptop is too old to put time into it years old they pointed out that when I buy a replacement I should come to them for a deal on a new laptop any ideas I don't have a start up disc because it came preloaded and I don't seem to know anyone who knows where theirs is its a Lenovo with windowsxp

A:Disk read error occured Press ctrl, Alt, Del to restart

Start with these free, bootable hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html
Start with the hard drive tests.

If the hard drive fails the extensive/long test - then you'd have to get a new hard drive (and a copy of Windows to install on it)
Can you read the product key sticker on the system?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/614831/disk-read-error-occured-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart/
Relevancy 98.04%

So my cousin called me up today asking for help with his computer He said its working slow and hes getting lots of pop ups and he wanted to use his XP disk to reinstall windows I told him to just get spybot AVG Disk Error A ALT Read Press DEL to restart. CTRL Occured. and to use firefox from now on and his computer will be fine So we are talking on the phone and I m giving him directions on how A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart. to use Spybot Eventually his computer is starting to crap out and is running slowly This is after he completed a spyware check and fixed the problems I told him to go to run and type quot msconfig quot than I had him turn off stuff like aim ICQ and all those other programs that he doesnt use but are opened once he starts up his computer I knew all of the programs that he A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart. turned off except for one that had the word spyware in it and something called quot VTTimer quot Than I had him restart and as soon as he did he got this error message quot A Disk Read Error Occured Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart quot He tried restarting numourous times but got the same message I than told him to use his Windows XP CD and boot from the disk He did that and I had him hit quot R quot for repair The screen came up with C WINDOWS Please choose which windows you want to use Or something similiar so I told him to press and enter and than to run quot chkdsk r quot It started running check disk but it was still at after a few minutes I just told him to go to sleep and see where it was in the morning I m hoping that it won t be at in the morning I have a couple of questions What could ve caused this He almost never reboots his comp Was it me that caused it or something else How do I fix it Since my cousin was ready to reinstall his OS from his XP CD this isn t a big problem as long as he can access the pictures he had stored on his hard drive If he reinstalls Windows will he still have access to them Any help is appreciated He just called me back He said at it stopped and gave him an error message but now when he restarts instead of going to the disk error message right away he gets a screen saying that his hard drive is going to fail or something like that and that he should back it up It also says to click F to run setup or F to continue When he clicks F it goes to the disk error message I had him go to setup and change his boot record from CD ROM CD ROM HARD DRIVE to HARD DRIVE CD ROM CD ROM but it didn t help If he installs the OS system from the XP CD again will it work fine And can his pictures be recovered nbsp

Relevancy 98.04%

I am having this problem with an hp computer, both the harddrives are being picked up in the bios and when attempting to boot i get the error... A Disk read error occured Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. What can I do I do not want to loose the data on the computer!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-disk-read-error-occured-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-309794.html
Relevancy 98.04%

HELP
I have a toshiba laptop running windows 8. I went to delete photos off a usb when my laptop froze. I turned off the laptop by the power button waited, then when I turned the laptop back on it came up with the message

a disk read error occurred press ctrl alt del to restart
Each time I press ctrl alt del it returns to this message. I can only go to F2 or F12. I know a little about computers but not enough to fix something like this. All replies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time

A:a disk read error occurred press ctrl alt del to restart

Welcome to EightForums, ariaza.

It's a USB thumb drive I assume. I suggest to unplug the drive, then try to reboot.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/9930-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-restart.html
Relevancy 98.04%

My daughter has a Toshiba Satellite A100/A105 S2101 laptop. When you turn it on it acts like it is loading and then goes to a black screen with this message: NTDLR is missing press ctrl-alt-del to restart And if you restart, it does the same thing all over again. What causes this and is it something simple to fix? The computer is running Windows XP with Service pack 2. The only disk I have with the laptop is the recovery disk that came with it and there is no other option on there but to restore the thing completely to factory condition. I debated on this, however, my daughter doesn't want to lose all her stuff on the laptop. Hope someone can help with this problem. I have been trying to figure it out for a week and it is driving me

A:Ntldr Is Missing, Press Ctrl-alt-del To Restart, Get This Error Message

Hi Kim C, welcome to BC!This is why I absolutely hate the "restore" disks that manufacturers give out; they don't include the tools to fix anything!If at all possible, find an installation CD (worse comes to worse, see if you can dig up a Dell CD) for the version of XP that matches yours. Check with friends, family, enemies, neighbors, etc. You may also try giving Toshiba a call and demanding a full CD... but good luck.If you can't get one, then let us know and we can go from there. The following solution assumes that you've acquired the proper CD: 1. Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer. 2. When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key. 3. Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to run the Recovery Console. 4. Log into your Windows installation by pressing the "1" key and pressing enter. 5. You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password. (if it's blank, then just press Enter) 6. Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer. Simply enter these commands and press enter after each one.copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\ 7. Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the CD from the computer and reboot.Let us know!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113602/ntldr-is-missing-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-get-this-error-message/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi guys help: ctrl+alt+del Press occured. error disk Need to read restart. A thanks for viewing this topic I need some technical help with my Fujitsu T Tablet PC So the other day I was just using Need help: A disk read error occured. Press ctrl+alt+del to restart. my laptop as usual handling multiple browser tabs and MSN windows Then it starts to hang I was only able to move my mouse cursor around and the system remain generally unresponsive I tried Cltr Alt Del but to no avail hence I resort to a hard reset Unfortunately it was unable to boot up after that with the DOS message quot A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart quot I know this problem is widespread and I have researched around the forums and tried most of the proposed solution but none of them worked for me I went to the BIOS setup and rechecked the Boot Priority The HDD was recognized in the BIOS menu Surprisingly the Boot Priority order was not the same as the default setting even though I had never touched this configuration The HDD was ranked below the CD and Floppy Disk so I rectify this concern by resetting to default settings but the error persists I tried tweaking with the order by placing the HDD on top of the list but it doesn t work either I then tried to access the Windows Recovery Environment through the Vista Bootable Recovery Disc The CD was recognized and able to reach the loading screen quot Windows is loading files quot and then the normal loading bar at startup will appear After a while a black screen presents itself and then a mouse cursor will appear in the black lit screen I was told that the Windows page will appear and there will be a language option I was able to move the cursor but the system appears generally unresponsive I have the same result with the quot Recovery and Utility quot option which I believed is the pre-installed Windows Recovery Environment Similarly the screen went black with the mouse cursor after the quot Windows is loading files quot screen and the normal windows startup loading bar I was able to access the Boot Menu by pressing F just briefly after quot Windows is loading files quot screen disappear I tried booting in Safe mode or Last Known Configuration None was able to work I ended up with a black lit screen and a movable mouse cursor but a generally unresponsive system I then run the quot diagnostic program quot which I believed is the hardware manufacturer diagnostic utility The results are as follows Error Code Diagnostic Result Maybe hardware error on HDD Please contact to Customer Support Center with error code and diagnostic result These are the details I apologize if I had overloaded you with information as I believed mine is a fairly unique situation and thus I have to be comprehensive My laptop is under year warranty but I was reluctant bring it down to a service center due to long traveling distance and I need it fixed asap as I need my laptop in school Thus I hope I can solve this problem with help from the community here or is my problem too serious that I need to have my HDD replaced Thanks for viewing this topic Any form of help will be appreciated P S Will I be able to salvage the data on my HDD It seems to me that my HDD has some hardware issues nbsp

A:Need help: A disk read error occured. Press ctrl+alt+del to restart.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-a-disk-read-error-occured-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart.893019/
Relevancy 98.04%

"A disk read error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart", I am having the same problem. The drive shows in the bios, i have changed the cable, I have taken out the battery for over 10 mins, brand new power supply, it's set as master, ran seagate tools and it passed the tests, I am stuck and need to get that comp up and running asap. Could you please help out. Thank you

A:a disk read error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart

Have you recently reformatted? If you did and it didn't solve the problem, that would exclude a software origin. Could be that your motherboard is faulty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart.814138/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi all I was hoping someone here may be able to help with a serious bootup problem on a relatively new unused PC After the computer locked up with no reasonable cause it displays the following message on start up Disk A Del to Read Restart Occurred, Ctrl Disk Press Error Alt Read Error Occurred Press Ctrl Alt A Disk Read Error Occurred, Press Ctrl Alt Del to Restart Del to Restart My computer had been really speedy up until this problem occurred The lockup started after I tried to paste some text from a webpage into a word document When I pressed Paste Word became unresponsive I waited and when it showed no signs of improving I tried to naviagate firefox which was already open that also became unresponsive Eventually I tried Ending the processis using task manager Task manager was running but didn t seem to end the processes I wanted Al this happened in a few minutes and by the end the only ting i could move was my mouse I pressed reset It then went through BIOS then to a blank screen with a flashing curser in the top left which after a few seconds shows me this chilling message Disk Read Error Occurred Press Ctrl Alt Del to Restart I ve been stuck with this every time I try to boot up Please help I have opened up the case with help and checked the power voltages coming from the power supply and out of hard drive power connecter they are normal Since its a new setup to me I am unsure what the spec Is but I can ofcourse find out if anyone wants more details about my system Many people with the same error message problem have said the drive should work as a slave drive is this a sensible option to try given that the hard drive may be faulty I m not sure what is best to do now its quiete a worrying message and I don t want to make the wrong move since my HDD contains much data Any help with this would be greatly appreciated amp My operating system is XP and I have a Hitachi deskstar hard drive Thank you guys nbsp

Relevancy 98.04%

I would like to change the wording on the Windows 7 logon page from "Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to unlock this computer" to "Press CTRL+ALT+INSERT to unlock this computer". My company uses a lot of VMware View desktops and it's tedious to continually inform users of the keystrokes. I have searched through the forums here and cannot find the file that I need to configure. I have downloaded Resource Hacker and love it but I just need the file name. Can anyone point me in the right direction or let me know if this is even possible?

Thanks

A:Change "CTRL+ALT+DELETE" wording to "CTRL+ALT+INSERT"

You could do what we do here at work. We turn it off. It doesn't actually protect anything these days, just an annoyance.

Secure Logon - Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to log on

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/230394-change-ctrl-alt-delete-wording-ctrl-alt-insert.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi.

Im currentling installing XP on my laptop. When i insert the CD into my laptop , the "Press any key to boot from CD.." pops up. When i do so, it freezes exactly on the spot. Ive waited almost an hour for anything to show but its just the "Press any key to boot from CD.." thats there

Please help me out.

A:Windows XP Installation - " Press any key to boot from CD.."

never press any key when you see that message..so reformat again and start over..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-installation-press-any-key-to-boot-from-cd.137389/
Relevancy 97.18%

This is the error message but control alt delete doesn't restart it.
I hit F11 and it starts in Windows Vista(recovered). It will open up and I can do anything from there, but very very slow. I do not know how to get it to boot up properly.

I have run all hardware checks, everything passes,
Virus program is secure.
I can get into the Performance information and Tools and it shows critical status for Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance - Boot performance Monitoring. It also shows Error for Shutdown Performance.
If you could walk me thru the fix it would be greatly appreciated.

A:windows vista "a disk read error has occurred...press control alt delete to restart..

1)Disk read error could mean HDD beginning to fail (need to check the SMART data).

2) You're info on the errors isn't enough to go on - need more details on critical status & errors.

3) Can you do a system restore or have a BU image of the HDD that you can restore, from before the prob began?

I've seen that "type" error - maybe not verbatim, but for either when HDD is failing, or even a loose / bad HDD cable. Could check those are snug. Can unseat the cables & reseat them. If don't know what you're doing w/ the cables, either leave alone, or read up on how to BE CAREFUL working w/ the cables.

I've seen cables go bad for NO reason - no one touched them; just one day were "flaky."

You could break sockets on the mobo if get rough. Cables themselves are cheap.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-a-disk-read-error-has-occurred-press-control-alt-delete-to-restart.1106661/
Relevancy 97.18%

hi guys

so i had a hard drive that was RAW and reading 0 for everything
then my main man daffy duck gave me a few tools and i got the drives
partition working...its booting up off my p3 1.0
but not on the machine it came with (typical)

its a hp/compaw d330m and the drive is a WD400
now i get an error "a disk read error has occured press ctrl-alt-delete to restart"
iv'e come so FAR!!!

A:Solved: a disk read error occured press ctrl-alt-del to restart

i just played with the settings...and got it working...
i am overjoyed!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-a-disk-read-error-occured-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart.654286/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi all,

I used GPartEd to create a small partition for a new Linux distro I wanted to test.

Upon successfully partitioning the drive I rebooted to return to WinXP & to my horror I can't get past the booting screens!

I come across the following error:

Hard drive read error, press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to restart

Any thoughts?

Joe

A:Hard drive read error, press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to restart...

It sounds as if creating the partition has corrupted your system or boot partition. Have you tried running the Windows repair disc? If you can get into it, and get into the command try these commands:

CHKDSK /R /P
FIXBOOT
FIXMBR

Let us know if there has been any changes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hard-drive-read-error-press-ctrl-alt-delete-to-restart-679895.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Every time i boot my computer i receive this message, after several restarts my system will load up the windows, n i can use my PC,,, n if i turn on the Pc after some hours same error message again.. have restart my system several times to get it work... What's the problem here... i think it's not hardware problem if it was it wouldn't have booted up my OS after several restarts... Is this something gotta do with registry, after messing with registry i have started to get this message, Is re-installing my Operating System only the solutions... help...

A:A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+ Delete to restart..?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-delete-to-restart.997472/
Relevancy 97.18%

I know this problem has come about quite Solved: Press HELP! Read restart. Disk A to DEL PLEASE Error Occurred. ALT CTRL a lot of times here but most of the solutions are unresolved or require things that I don t have Wow I just realised how long this post is Anyway it would be great if anyone can help me You don t have to read all of it but it contains all the information about what I tried before I came here and I think it ll help A LOT I thank whoever has the patience to help me Anyway a little backstory of when I got this error I just got my pc fixed not too long ago Solved: A Disk Read Error Occurred. Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart. PLEASE HELP! and I ve been getting a lot of updates for windows XP When I started up my PC everything worked normally there was the extremely long boot times and it always hangs for a while when windows live messenger and gamespy comrade start up simultaneously But this time it blue screened and I had to restart my PC When i restarted my PC it went through the same sequence but didn t blue screen This time I noticed an anomally there was a window opened that seemed to be a restart countdown to apply updates just like the one in windows vista except it looked different I supposed it was a new feature in a new update I hit a button that said something to the extent of restart later and continued with what i wanted to do play team fortress While i was playing team fortress my pc suddenly blue screened again I restarted my pc and everything went as per usual and there was no restart timer I started up team fortress again and played with no problems After an hour or so I went to spectate and left team fortress on idle When I came back about half an hour later I came back to see quot A Disk Read Error Occured Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart quot I did as it said and it went to the same message again So I checked the BIOS settings I think that s what it s called - I hit Del while it booted up I looked through the settings looked at the boot device priorities and for some reason under the first device said quot st FLOPPY DRIVE quot - I DON T have a floppy disk drive nd device said quot HDDM Hitachi HDP quot and rd device said quot CDROM M-ASUS DRW- quot I m no expert at computers but I know for a fact that my OS should be in my hard drive So i changed the first device to my HDD the second to my disk drive and third to quot st FLOPPY DRIVE quot I saved changes and exited and it rebooted It went back to the same error I restarted it and went back to the BIOS This time I went to the boot settings config I looked through them and disabled quick boot saved changes and rebooted still no difference I tried changing my boot device priorities back to what it was before and tried again still didn t work Then i changed everything back to where they were and tried again and of course it didn t work I decided to look at it the next day since it was late The next morning I turned off the power unplugged everything but my keyboard power sound and moniter I turned the power back on and rebooted Nothing I tried everything I tried last night Nothing worked so I just shut it down I couldn t think of anything else I didn t want to change my BIOS to defaults because I wasn t sure if my PC would run if I changed that as I didn t know enough about PCs I don t mind opening my case Once again thank you for your help I hope you ll help me solve this problem nbsp

A:Solved: A Disk Read Error Occurred. Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart. PLEASE HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-please-help.884892/
Relevancy 97.18%

Every time i boot my computer i receive this message, after several restarts my system will load up the windows, n i can use my PC,,, n if i turn on the Pc after some hours same error message again.. have restart my system several times to get it work... What's the problem here... i think it's not hardware problem if it was it wouldn't have booted up my OS after several restarts... Is this something gotta do with registry, after messing with registry i have started to get this message, Is re-installing my Operating System only the solutions... help...

P.S My computer will boot up normally after i restart it 5 to 6 times...

A:A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+ Delete to restart..?

Your hard drive is going bad. Backup your data ASAP while you can still read it and then replace it with a new one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-delete-to-restart.997495/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hey, i really need help, the other day (august first) i was on the web and everything started running extra slow and started freezing on me, so i just shut off the power, as i went to turn it back on i got this message saying "A disk read error has occurred please press CTRL + ALT + DEL to restart" so i did it and the message kept coming up over and over again, its really frustrating i looked at a view forum's that talked about this issue and i have all my files pretty much backed up, well at least the important ones, all i need to do is reformat my computer because the seems like the only way possible unless i'm wrong, i do not have any warranty left, and i lost the cd's my computer came with :\ please help.

Manny .

A:Urgent Help: a disk read error has occurred please press CTRL + ALT + DEL to restart

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-help-a-disk-read-error-has-occurred-please-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart.1010615/
Relevancy 97.18%

I just got a brand new custom built pc. It had w7 home premium before on it, and ran fine. When I put my disc of w7 ultimate, it intsalled and on first boot, just crashed and showed " A disk read error has occured. Press ctrl alt delete to restart"

I am frustrated, I tried formatting the drives(Partitioned) and they formatted fine. Someone wanna help me?

A:A disk Read error has occured. Press ctrl+alt+delete to restart

PLEASE!!! Help me guys!! its a brand new pc, just not working now!! Pls help!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/211396-disk-read-error-has-occured-press-ctrl-alt-delete-restart.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Hello there.

Something seriously wrong with my laptop happened today and now I am getting this error:

"A Disk Read Error Has Occured. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete To Restart".

I had just fixed previous errors of missing system files (ntoskrnl.exe and hal.dll) and just when I thought I had it fixed, I get this error now. I was in the middle of reformatting and before it finished, the error comes up.

I cannot access the Advance Boot screen but I can access the BIOS. But, the BIOS seem no help to me. I have also accessed the Repair Console on my Windows XP Home Edition disc and typed the following commands:

FIXMBR
FIXBOOT
CHKDSK /R /P (Didn't work,, couldn't find certain file)

I am afraid that my hard drive or motherboard has been fried.

Please help me, I am in desperate need of it here.

Thanks

A:A Disk Read Error Has Occured. Press Ctrl+alt+delete To Restart...

make sure your battery and power adapter are working fine

any fans are clean

test your memory and hard drive

as a general rule I reccomend anyone buying a laptop to get the 3 year service/warranty, when that runs out sell it or give it away, having work done on it is not cost effective

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98465/a-disk-read-error-has-occured-press-ctrlaltdelete-to-restart/
Relevancy 96.32%

i had like gb left of space on my hard drive out of and i wanted to compress it to give me more space and after it was all done compressing and i restarted the computer i got an error saying bootmgr is compressed how can i fix this without deleting gb of stuff of and im actually on the same computer right now that its doing this to but im using ASUS Express gate which lets me boot into a special thing that lets me use the internet skype online game and view photos and chat BUT i tried to go to view photos to try an browse to the bootmgr file and uncompress it but when i click browse it said i didn t have and external devices and i needed to insert a flash drive or something so i cant even browse my hard drive for the file what do i do oh and also my computer is new so i dont have a cd dvd drive yet and i install windows from my flash drive nbsp

A:Solved: On startup, error - Bootmgr is compressed press ctrl alt delete to restart.

try this startyup repair

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial148.html
if it fails to correct the problem, you may have to use more advanced commands.

http://smallvoid.com/article/winnt-bootmgr-missing.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-startup-error-bootmgr-is-compressed-press-ctrl-alt-delete-to-restart.862393/
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi I ve been reading some forums about a problem I m currently having with my hard drive I got the message quot A Disk Read Error Occured Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart quot And tried a solution from someone who posted in a related thread about changing the bios settings to default But it didn t work for me I m not sure what their restart Help to CTRL+ALT+DEL Error A Please Occured. Problem Bios/HDD Disk Press Read situations where but for me I have Windows Professional and a GB Maxtor HDD with GB of used memory on the drive The error message just popped up the other day after my PC froze and I rebooted I ve had previous occations of data loss due to the GB Barrier but this time I made sure to update my OS and some other things to make sure that didn t happen again Bios/HDD Problem Please Help A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart I have been using the HDD past GB safely for some time now but then this happend So could this be due to my Bios not being able to read the large GB Partition now I have an Asus P P Motherboard with a Bios that reads quot v Copyright - American Megatrends Inc quot Would updating my Bios help this problem Also In a thread Someone says Bios/HDD Problem Please Help A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart that using quot bootitng quot helped him boot his computer up Is that something That I should try in this situation Would it be safe I want do do this correctly without losing any files so If anyone knows the best way or anyway I could get my computer working correctly I would highly appreciate it Thanks you nbsp

A:Bios/HDD Problem Please Help A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart

Helo.. Ok iM new here..
Ive had this same problem on my laptop. Can some one help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-hdd-problem-please-help-a-disk-read-error-occured-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart.35079/
Relevancy 93.31%

I start my computer and get "No operating system found. Press Ctrl Alt Deleteto restart" I think I set my C partition so it doesn't boot on it and boots on the Z partition which has nothing in it. Or unallocated space.

I think when i was trying to create a new partition in Windows 8 setup it screwed it up..... Because that was the last thing i did before i turned it off and got the message......

A:I start my computer and get "No operating system found. Press Ctrl....

This is out of context without the previous information in your thread at Dynamic Disk conversion help (HxD hex editer shows 01C2 is a 0??) - Windows 7 Forums.]

You last reported there that after recoversion to Basic, Win8 was trying to boot on another letter. I gave you the fix for that just now.

Has this latest failure happened ever since you reconverted to Basic disk, or just since trying to create a Win8 partition? How did you attempt this exactly? Did you then proceed to install Win8 to the partition as you should to have it auto-configure a Dual Boot? If not do that now.

Please post a camera snap of the Partition Wizard CD drive map with listings so that it isn't the size of a postage stamp.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234653-i-start-my-computer-get-no-operating-system-found-press-ctrl.html