Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 ACPI doesn't detect battery but battery is working

Q: Windows 7 ACPI doesn't detect battery but battery is working

Hello there I have an ASUS K IE laptop that i had for years now been working fine until days ACPI but is battery detect doesn't 7 Windows battery working ago this problem has been bugging me for the last days here's why my laptop suddenly didn't detect my battery thought it was because my battery was dead I searched the net on things Windows 7 ACPI doesn't detect battery but battery is working to do before quot throwing in the towel quot on my battery and today i came across a blog where the instruction was to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery driver I did just that and my battery suddenly worked well sort of now here's where it gets all weird every time i open my laptop i do the following plug in AC to laptop turn on laptop unplug AC laptop runs on battery log on to windows battery icon shows up as an empty charging icon then shows the quot Battery is not detected quot icon again please take note that my laptop is still ON and WORKING so this means MAYBE that my battery is working is it a battery problem or the driver is just messed up please anyone who encountered this and had SUCCESSFULLY fixed the problem coz i need to fix this right now thanks and more power to you all

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 ACPI doesn't detect battery but battery is working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 ACPI doesn't detect battery but battery is working

I had a problem similar a while back. Try this
1.Shut down the laptop
2.Take out the ac cord and the battery. Hold down the power for about 10 seconds to remove electric charge in the capacitors.
3.Put the battery back in and reboot.
4.Start windows normally, and See if the battery is recognized.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/249894-windows-7-acpi-doesnt-detect-battery-but-battery-working.html
Relevancy 98.47%
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi,   I have 2x Probook 6460b that both have good batteries but will not charge them.  They worked in windows 7, but have some acpi battery driver errors in windows 10.  I've tried the unistall and reinstall methods for the acpi battery that include removing the battery etc and that didnt work.     Is there a new acpi battery driver that might work?  or another method  to fix  this?  Thanks   

A:windows 10 ACPI battery issues

I susupose that eitehr It started when i upgraded the bios,  or windows upgraded the drivers, though the acpi driver is from 2006 so im starting to suspect a bios update might be the culbrit. any ideas? Thanks  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/windows-10-ACPI-battery-issues/td-p/5736006
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi there since this morning i don't have anymore the icone amp power management for my battery The battery works fine when i unplug and let it for an hour charging when plugin back I looked everywhere and all seems correct In Device Manager i uninstalled the Battery drivers then rebooted and all reinstalled correctly When i pulled out the battery while wired powered at put it back still not recognized I know it is still a fresh battery but no power management for it Just the No icone and No indications at all about how much is it in use My quot Acer Bloatwares quot Power Management works issue...looks Windows Strange Acpi 7's Battery keyboard light is working aswell so not an issue from their apps Strange Any Help Thanks PS I've run the Cmd quot powercfg -energy -output USERPROFILE Desktop Energy Report html quot and it tells i've no issues in general when set on quot Normal Power Plan quot recommended amp at least Strange Battery issue...looks Windows 7's Acpi it recognize capacity of it i've use it a little minutes ago before doing the powercfg so it remain less than what it is Almost forgot to say i ran Strange Battery issue...looks Windows 7's Acpi Sfc Scannow already I'm on Laptop Acer

A:Strange Battery issue...looks Windows 7's Acpi

Sounds to me like a call needs to be made to Acer about this judging on how many responses you have received.
Sorry Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/141099-strange-battery-issue-looks-windows-7s-acpi.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello I ve been using a Dell inspiron from about years now and exactly after years of my buy the battery failed and it started showing me to battery charge! Bought battery still and dell my doesn't laptop a new replace the battery and always notified me about contacting dell for a new battery Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! I didn t take this of much concern so i just ignored the message and kept on using my battery with my adapter plugged in After - months of such usage My battery completely failed and doesn t Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! even offer me even a minute of backup when i remove the power socket Then i realized the importance of a new battery and then bought a new battery from Dell Its the same battery with the same specs and also the same family type After i removed my defected battery I replaced my new bought Dell battery and realized that my battery is working fine its charging well but at some time it says quot Plugged in But not charging quot Which is rare for any new battery which is bought brand new This is how it looks now after i remove the AC adapter plug and when i depend on the battery backup it is providing me a backup but I see a yellow exclamatory mark beside it Which I think should not be present it also says quot Low battery quot when there s already of battery left I ve also followed some online steps updated by BIOS to the latest nbsp Followed some other steps like uninstalling the battery ACI in the device manager and etc i would love to get this problem solved I m using a PA- family adapter which is also a replaced one So any help on solving the issue would be appreciated THANKS

A:Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge!

Hi Utkarsh. I Actually FIXED this problem months back. and I exactly want to help you on this so that you can fix it yourself too..
the problem which is creating your battery to show an exclamatory mark is your power settings.
so follow these steps to get rid of that sign and a perfectly working battery.
1) Click on your battery icon (left click) you should see an option called " More power options" at the bottom of the popup.
click "More power options"
2) Now you will be taken to your control panel where you can see all of your power plans and under each plan, you will see an option called "Change plan settings"
3) Click on "Change plan settings" for your active power plan. Now you will get redirected to another control panel window, where you can see two kind of power options to get adjusted. that is, when you battery is plugged and when your battery is unplugged.
4) Don't touch those options, just click on "Change advanced power settings" at the bottom left of that window. THIS IS THE AREA WHERE WE NEED TO FIX!
5)After you click on "Change advanced power setttings", you will see a POWER options popup, go to the bottom and then you can see something called "Battery" with a plus sign on the left. click it.
6) Now you just have to change the levels for the following values
                   --> Critical battery level ( you can change it to 10%)
                   ---> Low battery level ( you can change it to 20%)
Now once that's done, YOU WILL NO LONGER SEE THE EXCLAMATORY MARK ON YOUR BATTERY!!!!
So I hope this works!
Reply me back when you've succeeded fixing it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19465162
Relevancy 89.01%

The battery is not working at all it keep changing but its 0% nothing when i insert it the small LED that is beside the power change cable start to blink red colour then blue red then blue but when i remove the battery nothing its just blue there is no any red blinking

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-not-working-Doesn-t-Charge/td-p/5795163
Relevancy 87.29%

I recently purchased a used Ultra-slim Battery Not Working (Flashing LED) Battery EliteBook p and was disappointed at the battery life probably Ultra-slim Battery Not Working (Flashing Battery LED) due to years of use on the battery so I decided to buy an Ultra-slim battery to maximize my battery life Today it arrived in the mail and I plugged it in only to find it doesn't seem to work nbsp When I plug it in with the internal battery still installed the battery lightning bolt LED starts to flash amber and for the most part does not stop until I remove it In Windows the internal battery shows up as Battery and reports nothing installed for Battery nbsp If I only have the external battery installed the computer will not power on without the power adapter plugged in and the computer reports no batteries installed nbsp I have tried resetting the computer as instructed by another post on here unplug power and all batteries and hold the power button for seconds but that did not help nbsp I can't find any kind of battery diagnostic tests within BIOS settings so I'm not really sure if this is an issue with the computer or the battery I bought the battery used but the seller guaranteed nbsp it was tested and that it worked Do I need to use the docking station to charge it My guess is no since it has its own battery connection but I can't really find much information about it There is a button on the front of the battery with a battery icon on it but it doesn't seem to make any difference I've tried both tapping it and holding it down

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Ultra-slim-Battery-Not-Working-Flashing-Battery-LED/td-p/5739262
Relevancy 85.57%

After my friend's laptop wouldn't run on battery power OR charge the battery I tried many "fixes."

Shockingly none worked that I found.

Only one thing worked for me to my surprise.

A last ditch effort was to open up the laptop (sony pcg-81114L) and disconnect the cmos battery for a few minutes to reset the CMOS.

To my surprise, when powered on, the battery instantly showed it was charging AND when removing the power plug the battery POWERS the laptop now! (and I'd thought I was wasting my time.)

Worked with an off brand battery also.

Many times this has saved many computers that have odd "unsolvable" things wrong with them.

Surely someone else has done this also but I haven't seen it posted anywhere to my knowledge.

Thank GOD for bringing the idea to remembrance!

A:sony vaio won't charge battery or run on battery power (CMOS BATTERY FIX!)

Hi askfault,
Do you have any information on how this fixes the battery problem? would be interested to know.

Xen

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511609/sony-vaio-wont-charge-battery-or-run-on-battery-power-cmos-battery-fix/
Relevancy 83.85%

Situation Relatively new HP Laptop HP ZD cl GHz quot Screen Came with XP Home Under XP Home Battery Status - Charge level applet worked well - including AC ICON in task bar toggled when Lost - Problem Battery ACPI Status Help Power Supply disconnected ALL GOOD Upgraded to XP ACPI Problem Lost Battery Status - Help Pro - Lost Battery Status applet - Task bar Icon always indicates running AC even with charger disconnected Tried several third party Battery monitoring programs - they indicate no battery present Talked to HP support times with no result - Checked the following - Control Panel - Power - No mention of ACPI only APM -tried disabling APM no difference- Checked Bios was ver F remember Battery Status was originally working with this Bios - No mention of any power settings found in Bios Used F to gain access to Bios If another more advanced area of BIOS exists I can t find it Loaded newest Bios from HP Web site - Flashed - to version F - No difference - very few settings in Bios and none related to Power - looks the same as ver F Checked in Device Manager many times under system and found no entries for ACPI Checked under Administrative tools - Services to see if any power mgt or ACPI entries running or shutdown and found no reference to ACPI HP said they will mail out a driver disk but they have no idea what if any software exists on the CD to help get my battery status back I m out of idea s - Some one must have been down this road before I look forward to any help TIA RENisME email protected nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acpi-problem-lost-battery-status-help.319360/
Relevancy 82.56%

When I check my device manager, Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery is missing, thus the battery bar on the bottom is also gone, and the box for enabling the battery bar is greyed out.

Somebody Please Help me!

A:Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery is gone!

Welcome to sevenforums, ikim12.

Have you tried a restore point to a time before the problem?
There is an excellent tutorial done by Brink, which you will find here.

Hope either one of these suggestions will help you out.

Jon

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/161872-microsoft-acpi-compliant-control-method-battery-gone.html
Relevancy 82.56%

A couple of weeks ago my laptop decided to start displaying a red cross over the battery icon doing Method Microsoft Not much! ACPI Battery - Compliant Control there is also a warning message saying something along the lines of I use a Japanese version of Windows so I am translating so might not be exactly Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery - Not doing much! what it says in the English version quot Due to a problem with the battery the computer may suddenly shutdown quot The battery is less than a year old and was working fine until this message suddenly appeared so I thought it may be a driver problem On the suggestion of internet sources I uninstalled the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery driver restarted and allowed it to reinstall itself when it scanned for new hardware changes The problem was still there though and now the driver doesn't seem to work at all so none of the power profiles turn off screen after X minutes type functions seem to work Suggestions on how I could fix one both of the problems

A:Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery - Not doing much!

Bump

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/139203-microsoft-acpi-compliant-control-method-battery-not-doing-much.html
Relevancy 82.56%

i have a sony vaio vpceb 190x with a windows 7 ultimate.after instaling VAIO control centar i get a message that the battery is not compatible ,press ok to hibernate....
If i disable the acpi control method in device menager i dont get the error mesage but the computer does not have control over the battery.its like it dosent exist.
Ive tryed with a diffrent windows instalation.but the problem is still there.
Icant change anything in BIOS PM settings,

Can anyone help me?

A:very strange problem with acpi battery control method

Try uninstalling the Vaio Control Centre. That should let Windows handle the battery.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/200300-very-strange-problem-acpi-battery-control-method.html
Relevancy 81.7%

To resolve a battery charging issue in my Acer Aspire 3000 (Windows XP home), I followed advice given in a different website (FixYa):device manager, expand "Batteries" and uninstal "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery".I need to re-install this driver now, but I only have the recovery disks. I can't find it in the Acer support site. Any suggestion for where to look?

A:Where to download driver for ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery?

How did you remove it?This is a Windows component, not Acer. Using the recovery disks is probably the way to go. You will lose all of your stored dataThere is a download fot it here:http://download.cnet.com/Microsoft-ACPI-Co...13_4-56002.htmlDownloading Windows files and components from a third party location is risky business at best

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/210293/where-to-download-driver-for-acpi-compliant-control-method-battery/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi!
I have disabled the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" in the Batteries section of the Device Manager on my Windows 7 computer.
I have done this in order to lower the latency as am working on audio production. I have lost the Batterly level indicator icon but I don't care about that.
I just want to know if this can have any negative effect on the computer or the battery itself. Can it maybe overheat, blow, decrease in capacity or anything bad at all?
Thanx!

A:Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery DISABLED

See reply to your topic. Seven Forums .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555619/microsoft-acpi-compliant-control-method-battery-disabled/
Relevancy 81.7%

As the title says , Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery is missing.. I can't find it in the device manager... i tried restarting my laptop a couple of times but nothing changed... this just happened a while ago ... i tried searching for the driver over the internet .. but I can't find one....The battery/icon is not showing in the taskbar...can you please provide a download link for the driver ? or a solution perhaps ? :| i really need your help ASAP... :|

Thank You

A:Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery is MISSING

Hello there. Can u install Everest,and go to Computer -> Summary and then from the menu Report->Quick Report-Summary and Plain Text. Then copy the text to Debug - PCI.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/138609-microsoft-acpi-compliant-control-method-battery-missing.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi all

I have an HP Elitebook 8440p and it started showing the famous 'Plugged in, not charging message'. Well, the solution for this problem seems to be quite a simple one: uninstalling the 'Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery' driver and let Windows reinstall the driver. However, my system has 2 'Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery' drivers installed and when I delete both and let windows reinstall it I end up again with 2 of them and the battery issue persists. How can I prevent Windows from installing it twice? Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/304541-2-microsoft-acpi-compliant-control-method-battery-drivers.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi!

I have disabled the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" in the Batteries section of the Device Manager on my Windows 7 computer.

I have done this in order to lower the latency as am working on audio production. I have lost the Batterly level indicator icon but I don't care about that.

I just want to know if this can have any negative effect on the computer or the battery itself. Can it maybe overheat, blow, decrease in capacity or anything bad at all?

Thanx!

A:Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery DISABLED

It probably won't hurt anything as most Notebooks [yeah, noticed you left that little detail out of the System Specs] will run perfectly fine without the battery even being attached. Working on large products most likely are best done on AC power to avoid sudden shutdowns.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351848-microsoft-acpi-compliant-control-method-battery-disabled.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,

I use Windows 7 on my Toshiba A210-1C4 laptop. Mostly I use my laptop plugged in at my desk but I usually try to unplug and use it occasionally to extend it's life.

However now it doesn't appear to be making the critical battery noise or popping up with the message that the battery is low. This is annoying because the computer then hibernates which takes ages.

Are there any settings I can check or things that might be interfering with the messages? This doesn't happen all the time but most of the time.

Thanks in advance,
Caleb

A:Windows 7 doesn't notify me when my battery is running low

Hello caleb97,

click once on the battery icon in your notification area and select More power options.
Click on Change plan settings next to your currently active power plan.
Finally, click on Change advanced power settings.

A small window will pop up which allows you to edit all the details of the power plan. Scroll all the way down until you see Battery and expand the tree. Here you can set the percentages at which to trigger "low battery" and "critical battery" events, and whether you want a notification or a specific action to be performed.

This should solve your issue; if you still have problems please post back with any questions you may have.
On a side note, how often do you let your battery discharge and recharge?
It can actually cause it to wear out faster in the long term; also with modern lithium-ion batteries it's not necessary to completely run them empty. They will tolerate partial discharge/recharge cycles very well.
Just don't do it every other day or so - once a couple weeks or once a month is fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/198709-windows-7-doesnt-notify-me-when-my-battery-running-low.html
Relevancy 79.55%

How come Windows 7 doesn't show me the time left until the battery runs out of juice?

I dont want a third party application I just want to know if its possible in Windows 7

A:Windows 7 doesn't show me battery time left?

It's always been on the bottom right of my computer. Right now its plugged in so it says "fully charged 100%".

Go to the start menu and then right click and go to properties and then click on taskbar and then customize and then make sure the checkbox on the very bottom is checked -- "Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar".

Hope this helps

GoldiLX

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/136224-windows-7-doesnt-show-me-battery-time-left.html
Relevancy 79.55%

hello again !!

i buy new laptop that has 2 batteries and i install windows 7 x64bit

now windows detect only the first battery but not detect the other
my laptop information

http://remarketing.ts.fujitsu.com/sh...bile-d9510.pdf

Relevancy 77.83%

I've had a mountain of problems with this laptop, most recently it ended up in an infinite reboot loop.

I gave up trying to fix it myself so I took it to a repair shop, where I was told the connector on the motherboard for the LCD screen had broken and the board would need replacing. I'd already ordered a replacement motherboard by this point, and I've now installed it to the system.

Everything else seems to be ok, but the laptop will now not detect the OEM battery, which still charges from the old motherboard, and gives power to the old board when disconnected from AC.

I don't believe that this could be another fault with the new motherboard, there is no way in hell I could be that unlucky with the amount of problems I've already had up to this point.

Any ideas?

A:Replacement motherboard won't detect battery!

Did you miss connecting something when you put it all back together? Some of those ribbon connectors can be awfully tricky to get together. It's possible that one isn't seated properly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/331501-replacement-motherboard-wont-detect-battery.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi i bought new laptop ASPIRE E5-573G-39G8 but my laptop can't detect battery. There's non removable battery on this laptop. Help me what can i do? Is the any resolution to detect battery??

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/ASPIRE-E5-573G-39G8-can-t-detect-battery/td-p/439521/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a dell m6700 laptop with AMD M6000 graphics. Battery seems to be dead. Running on Direct AC power.
Couple of days ago, the laptop booted on Intel HD 4000, windows device manager saying GPU is disconnected - visible under hidden devices.

On running boot time Dell Diagnostics, it clearly said that the battery is not able to supply power to the GPU.
I removed the battery and still the laptop boots on Intel HD 4000. GPU missing. There have been couple of times when the bios did detect the GPU. Totally random.
Now the bios is only booting on Intel HD even on direct AC Power (battery removed). HDMI port does not work either, VGA is working. Weird.
Tested on two original dell AC adapters.
Any idea why the GPU won't start when on direct AC power?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19988304
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello all I've spent a good few days trying everything the internet has thrown up to fix my mistake but nothing has worked I shall list my attempts to fix subsequently My problem is this six days ago I was using my laptop on its battery and I noticed that the battery icon in the notification bar still showed the mains plug and claimed it was at charge which it wouldn't be after at least minutes of use Plugging my laptop back into the mains restarting and running from the mains then unplugging it did not change this icon at all Reinstall Battery" Method "Microsoft driver ACPI Control Compliant I searched for a way to fix this problem and came across deleting and reinstalling the driver from Device Manager gt Batteries and deleting quot Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery quot then Action Reinstall driver "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" gt Scan for hardware changes Unfortunately I closed the Device Reinstall driver "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" Manager window by mistake before I scanned for changes so when I reopened it the hardware change was not registered so there was no ability to reinstall the recently deleted driver I have tried to find the driver itself on the Acer driver webpage it is not there restarting laptop removing battery and mains connections de-charging capacitors then rebooting to quot register quot the battery downloading various exe files that claim to reinstall the missing driver these have installed quot Microsoft AC Adapter quot drivers instead do a system restore - nothing suitable and ones older than months have been deleted My laptop will run fine on both mains and battery if on the latter it won't have any pop-ups of quot battery remaining quot etc nor will the screen do its auto-dim function to increase battery life If I try to show the battery icon now Right click task bar gt properties gt customise notification area gt turn system icons on or off the quot Behaviours quot on off drop down for power is greyed out and unclickable I've truly messed it up and I can't rectify it Any suggestions that you can offer

A:Reinstall driver "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery"

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Have a look in Programs and Features for ePower Management ...

The Software is not on the Acer Website for your Model ..
Though i have read the Manual for your Laptop and it should have that Software ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/356607-reinstall-driver-microsoft-acpi-compliant-control-method-battery.html
Relevancy 73.96%

On Thursday an Intel spokesman confirmed that the company is working to patch a minor bug that will reduce the battery working life bug Microsoft squash Windows Intel, to 10 battery life of some Windows machines by less than percent The good news is that once fixed Intel expects the battery life Intel, Microsoft working to squash Windows 10 battery life bug of a Windows PC to be on par with a Windows system the Intel spokesman said With the Windows launch just days away on July Intel Microsoft app developers and hardware makers are working to finalize drivers and fix bugs Microsoft for example issued an update for Intel s HD Graphics integrated GPU on Thursday for its Surface line along with a firmware update that failed to update for many people In some sense both Intel and Microsoft are on an intercept course with Microsoft s Windows scheduled to hit the market shortly before Intel is expected to begin shipping its next-generation Skylake chips The combination of new drivers new software and new hardware usually means a fertile ground for bugs which all parties are busy patching Intel among them http www pcworld com article windows intel-microsoft-working-to-squash-windows- -battery-life-bug html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584265/intel-microsoft-working-to-squash-windows-10-battery-life-bug/
Relevancy 73.53%

Can someone help me with this problem So I just received 3315 15 Status at Inspiron Stuck 0% Charging, Battery Dell Idle? Battery my brand new Dell Inspiron and the battery is not charging It says it s quot Plugged In Charging quot but it never goes up and stays at At first Dell Inspiron 15 3315 Battery Stuck at 0% Charging, Battery Status Idle? I thought I just need to plug it in for several hours but it s been hours now and still the battery stays at nbsp I tried running the BIOS Diagnostics just to see if there are problems and there s none The battery status says everything is running normally and the Battery State says it s Idle I tried draining the flea power several times removing and reattaching the battery but to no avail I m getting really frustrated and I m really close to throwing this laptop back to Dell nbsp I read somewhere that I have to update the BIOS but it won t update unless the battery is charged at least Someone also suggested that Windows is causing the problem I haven t even started using this laptop and it s already giving me a ton of problems nbsp Any help would be much appreciated Thanks guys

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982101
Relevancy 73.53%

My Dell laptop will charge and operate for several hours off a new 6000 MAh battery but the icon in the tray inidcates that it is always on line power. Although both the CD and floppy drive work when installed in a bay the system not indicate that they are present. I have updated the bios from Dell but that does not help. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jerry

A:Dell Inspiron 3500 charges and runs on battery but cannot find battery or bay devices

Still under warranty, isn't it? Call Dell for a repair trip.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3500-charges-and-runs-on-battery-but-cannot-find-battery-or-bay-devices.109068/
Relevancy 73.53%

After a round of Windows updates, I went to turn on my laptop and recieved the "Primary internal battery (601)" error.  After this screen, however, Windows would not load.  I have tried taking the battery out and 'draining the charge',  and starting up the computer plugged directly to AC with no battery.  Windows still does not load.  The start-up test in the diagnostics menu said the battery needed calibration, however when I go to run the battery test, it gets to "waiting for battery to charge" and exits out of the test without giving me any results at all.  Currently when turning on the computer I no longer get the "primary internal battery" error, it just goes directly to a black screen with blinking cursor.  Any help is appreciated, I'm completely at a loss here!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Primary-internal-battery-error-diagnostics-battery-test/td-p/5826046
Relevancy 73.53%

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

First off I for the most part do not use the battery. It is normally detached from the laptop. I only attach it to periodically charge it and test prior existing charges' performance.

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.

A:Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

jonasdatum said:

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.Click to expand...

I, for the moment at least have the battery working power adapter attached. What did I do? I uninstalled Avast (freeware version) ?

I learned from prior experience that running two of any system utility software can cause problems, but it normally restricts itself to what it is protecting. Then I remembered: "If you remove the possible whatever is left however in probable must be the truth."

Next phase of testing is test the battery on it's own.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-issue-lenovo-v570-laptop-battery-model-l09s6y02.1089994/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi,  I am gonna purchase the new Inspiron 17 5000 (5759).  Just wondering if I am gonna change the battery in  the future? How can I do that?  Or we just can't change it? Thank you for your help!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996112
Relevancy 73.1%

It's so strange. Today when I turned on my laptop, suddenly, there was a message that my battery has problems so the computer might shut down suddenly. I tried different strategies, like uninstalling the battery driver, or letting the computer completely die. When it turned off itself at 6%, I turned it back on, and it was at 2 minutes battery life. Then in a few minutes, it said 4 minutes battery life for 6%. Now, it's passed an hour, and it says 3 minutes, but changes sometimes to 1-4 minutes. The battery meter is completely wrong, and I don't know what to do since it is closing the computer way too early. I'm still not sure what the problem is. Please help me.

A:Laptop Battery Meter is Completely Wrong and it says there's a problem with the battery

How long have you been using the laptop with battery? Is it still under warranty?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471577/laptop-battery-meter-is-completely-wrong-and-it-says-theres-a-problem-with-the-battery/
Relevancy 73.1%

my battery was giving 1.5 hour power backup from last 4 months... then last month it decreased to 1 hour...from couple of days it decreased to 1/5 hour(with error 'Consider replacing new battery') and yesterday i was using on battery power... and battery had 34% power remaining.. suddenly battery indicating light turns orange and pc shutdown... after that.. my pc is not charging battery... and if i run pc on battery.. it work 10 to 15 minutes ( with orange light.. and on task bar.. battery icon giving error "No battery is detected" ) and then shut down.

today i run laptop on battery power and open setup..and there was error "No battery installed" in battery info...

what happened.. can anyone tell me????

i forgot to tell you that... according to battery's LEDs.... my battery is healthy enough.. but now only 1 led is working...

A:My laptop running on BATTERY and giving error 'No battery detected'

Your battery has failed and must be replaced. They're only good for three or four years. Happens to all laptops.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/238716-my-laptop-running-battery-giving-error-no-battery-detected.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My laptop is Inspiron 14R (N4010) and the exsiting 48Whr battery is drain very quickly. So I would like to replace new once.I find 90Whr as url below compatible with mine. But I just wonder, Can 90 AC adapter use with 90Whr battery?
90Whr Batteryaccessories.us.dell.com/.../productdetail.aspx
90W AC adapteraccessories.us.dell.com/.../productdetail.aspx

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19980861
Relevancy 73.1%

Ok this might be easy..it might not (COMPAQ M2105)

I ended up replacing my motherboard for a model with more features (SD readers blah blah).

I took it all apart and put it all back with the new board in...now when i go into windows (and even before while booting)...the orange lights would come on for a second...then beging to flicker

while in windows...it just will either not charge the battery..or flicker from AC to battery

i CAN power the unit on with the battery alone, and i CAN power the unit with the cord alone...

lastly, my old motherboard (which had a HD connector problem)...still WILL charge the battery...so i'm sure its not the battery...i don't think...

i also dont' think its the AC adapter since it is the same piece I used on both motherboards.....

what to do................

A:compaq M2105 laptop - battery will not charge, flickers from AC/battery

Hopefully you are experienced in working on and repairing laptops/notebooks... and you carefully handeled the replacement motherboard and didn't damage it. Repairing laptops takes considerable skill and caution.

It does sound like the "new" motherboard is bad unfortunately. How did you handle the "old" operating system restore to the "new" motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-m2105-laptop-battery-will-not-charge-flickers-from-ac-battery.81237/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello there I have Battery.. 1YearOld at battery Laptop left. 20% off powers unexpectedly an one year-old ASUS K S Laptop Windows Home Premium bits GB Ram and HDD At Laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% battery left. 1YearOld Battery.. the beginning my battery lasted gt hours in Balanced power mode which is the one I alway use and now due to regular use it last about hours Everything normal until here About months ago i started playing this game in full screen with the battery on and it last about - minutes until it reached the low battery warning left I would then plug the power on and resume the game charging the battery as well After a few weeks the warning stopped appearing in the desktop and the computer automatically hibernated left with the game still on So i plugged the ac power on and resumed the game right away This kept happening from that moment on every time i played the game it would reach battery left and hibernate for itself whereas it should appear the low battery warning at left where I would plug in the ac power and charge the battery without going into hibernation On top of that my sister kept stealing my ac charger for charging her Toshiba Satellite as she often forgets her own charger at her workplace Now at the present day when the battery reaches about - left the laptop power off unexpectedly as if I had pull the battery off of the laptop It must be from all those time it would reach left with the game still on that quot tired quot the battery and now it won't even last further than left It might be a problem with the battery or the ac charger that my sister used in another computer Both the battery and its respectively ac charger are the ones that came with the laptop Can someone please tell me what is causing my year-old laptop to power off for no reason at all when battery has just remaining Do I have to buy a new one or what Regards conhaqu

A:Laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% battery left. 1YearOld Battery..

Hi there .. Do you have Power4Gear Installed ... If so i would look into the Settings for that could be a power plan so save Battery life ... It should also be able to tell you your Battery's Health status ... I have no idea how good this Program is could be total crap ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/322529-laptop-powers-off-unexpectedly-20-battery-left-1yearold-battery.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hie

My hp laptop had its battery flat for 12 hours. After that the laptop can nolonger boot up or charge. Please help

A:HP laptop cannot boot up or charge battery after battery went flat for 12 hours

What is the model of your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-cannot-boot-up-or-charge-battery-after-battery-went-flat-for-12-hours.186087/
Relevancy 73.1%

HI nbsp I'm have ing trouble with my HP not status, check 93 Unknown stuck... charging, Battery Battery Pavilion p TX nbsp Notebook yr months old its battery charge Battery check Unknown 93 status, Battery not charging, stuck... got nbsp stucked at nor further charge loss nither is it getting charged I'm currently using it via my AC Adaptor and the irony is that I'm posting this from it in the same condition nbsp Things i've tried so far - Updating the bios Current nbsp BIOS Version Date Insyde F - - I have a doubt about the bios version here cause when I tried to check the current bios its showed me this one and F for Intel Processor not sure If its the proble with this case - Uninstialling the ACPI -Compliant Control Method Battery andn then redetecting it- Updating the support assistant and running the battery check which gives an unknown error tried both VERSION nbsp and VERSION - Unpluging the battery and the ac adapter and holding the power button for a whole minute-Tried HP Diagnostic Tools' Battery Check which took like - minutes and responded as no battery is pluged in nbsp Right now I don't have much in my mind to try on this If anyone knows anything please do share that might me helpful Thanks in Advance Enigma nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Battery check Unknown 93 status, Battery not charging, stuck...

Hey @EnigmaDimirti, Welcome to the forums. I'm here to help. I would strongly suggest Testing and Calibrating the Battery. Should that not solve the issue, I would suggest calling in for support to see about replacing the battery, as it should not be displaying "no battery is pluged in" when you run a battery check. Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html If this helps, please hit that Thumbs Up, and Accept as Solution. Cheers,TechSurge.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-check-Unknown-93-status-Battery-not-charging-stuck-2/td-p/5586175
Relevancy 72.67%

I have buy a new laptop... to protect the battery I switched it off and used it just on the cabel... an now I don't remember how to switch it on... please help me!!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f095e896-43a2-4308-bada-1be3fe62ace5/battery-doesnt-work?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello

I have a problem with my Compaq Presario 2500 laptop power supply. It works fine on AC power, but the battery does not charge/kick in at all. As a result, it would automatically shut off if the power connection at the back is disturbed/loosened.

I have bought a new battery, but it would not kick in either (in case the AC power supply is disturbed/moved). Hence, I keep on loosing my work due to accidental switch offs.

Please help.

Sumit

A:Battery doesn't charge

How old is this Laptop? Might be under warranty and the Laptop just doesn't charge the battery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-doesnt-charge.548485/
Relevancy 72.67%

This started when I managed to zap all the system files and drivers on a Win98 laptop (don't ask). Got the OS reinstalled and everything working except the laptop now thinks it doesn't have a battery. Battery itself is fine, and I've been through all the troubleshooting steps on the Dell site with no joy. Add Hardware says the battery has the correct driver. Machine works fine when plugged into the adapter (and since I use it only occasionally, this is acceptable). I'm obviously not going to spend any money on a machine like this, but it's an annoyance that I'd like to fix.

Relevancy 72.67%

I have an ibuypower.com computer, battalion cz-13, and i got it about 3 months ago and it now says 70% available (plugged in, not charging) and its been like this. ive replaced the battery, uninstalled the compliant control method and to no avail will it say charging and going up to 100%. it even says it decharged to 69% and charges back up to 70% at random times. HELP

A:Battery Doesn't Charge above 70%

Since you have only had it for 3 months return it to iBuyPower and have them fix it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/battery-doesnt-charge-above-70-a-691005.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I just got a new Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga, and the battery doesn't work. When I first plugged in the charger, a weird sound seemed to come from the laptop. I can only describe it as slightly wet and whirling, if that makes any sense. It definitely wasn't the fan. Now when I hover the cursor over the battery, it says (plugged in, charging), but the percentage is steadily dropping as if it wasn't plugged in. This is my replacement laptop after the first Yoga wouldn't even turn on, so any help would be much appreciated, as I really do not want to return this one too!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Battery-Doesn-t-Work/td-p/3377391
Relevancy 72.67%

Over the last few months I noticed that the battery meter on my Dell Inspiron E laptop was blinking red to green and back so having had this laptop for several years I assumed that I would need a new battery soon The adapter power cord was also beginning to lose some of its covering near the plug in site so I ordered both a new battery and power cord That was about weeks ago Upon receiving my order I was very pleased to see that when I installed the new battery and new cord the battery already had some charge I didn t note how much I felt relieved to have my mind at ease that adaptor Combo recognized power battery not battery and but all was now well with my computer little did I know that I d be Combo battery and power adaptor but battery not recognized needing help less than two weeks later Important note I very rarely use my laptop without the power cord past experience proved to be frustrating because I always needed more time than the battery provided I ve probably only used the laptop quot on battery quot a few dozen times over the last years Now I am in a dilemma Yesterday I took the laptop with me out of town when my husband and I did some real estate hunting Instead of using the laptop on battery we had it plugged into a special power converter for use in the car I noticed that whenever we stopped and turned off the ignition the laptop would lose it s power immediately and as we resumed our travel I d have to Combo battery and power adaptor but battery not recognized restart the computer and there would be the quot black amp white quot warning screen about the computer not being shut down properly We had not used the laptop at home for a Combo battery and power adaptor but battery not recognized few days so I thought it was just a problem of quot low battery quot so I just restarted it in normal mode I didn t even look at the battery meter My husband and I stopped for lunch at a local quot McDonald s quot which had wifi so we could continue our homes search on the web Rather than bring the power cord inside I decided to use the laptop quot on battery quot and quot Zap quot to my dismay and utter quot shock quot it wouldn t even power up I just went out to the car grabbed the cord plugged it in and began my research over lunch I didn t even notice that the battery meter was not illuminated That was yesterday Now about hours later I notice the problem and the icon in the tray shows the red X over the power cord that no battery is detected I thought that maybe since I hadn t used the laptop in a few days the new battery had quot died quot but I didn t think it had REALLY DIED For the last couple of hours I ve been seeking help about this issue online I ve tried some of the advice mentioned on response posts which applied to other similar experiences on this forum and even on Dell s website but I haven t had any success with those suggestions I ve seen a few posts about it being the motherboard I m not tech-savvy enough to know what will happen if I don t quot fix quot this problem immediately I m not sure what I should do next I do hope that it can be resolved without having to replace the computer Any suggestions We live in a rural area and I haven t had to use computer repair services before All my issues before have been resolved easily with a phone call to Dell We are several years past the warranty period Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks NC Campbells Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon X Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc XD Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/combo-battery-and-power-adaptor-but-battery-not-recognized.1038730/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi Guys,

I have replaced the battery of my laptop after using it on AC supply for about year after my old battery died.

I get this error message.
"The AC power adapter type cannot be determined
Battery may not charge.
This problem might be solved by:
Connect a Dell 65W AC adapter or higher."

But I am using a 65W Dell Adapter that I got with my laptop.
BTW, I tried the steps for disc AC >> Start>>Uninstall MS ACPI >> Insert battery>> Restart. This process did not yield any favorable results.

Please help!!!
Thanks,
Nitin

A:Replaced battery on laptop, Battery not taking charge.

If you take the battery out and just use the adapter, will the laptop boot up without errors?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340766-replaced-battery-laptop-battery-not-taking-charge.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Recently I noticed that the amber LED on my HP Probook 650 G1 flashing constantly, even when the laptop is powered off.   The System Tray battery indication is 100%, fully charged, when on AC power and 100% on battery power shortly after undocking.    I find the Probook won't power up if AC power is not available (no response when pressing power button) but remains powered when I remove it from the docking station.    Have the electronics that control this LED flashing and power up when not on AC gone bad?    Is this an indication of other failure? thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/laptop-won-t-power-up-with-battery-but-battery-is-fully/td-p/5655982
Relevancy 72.67%

I have just replaced my CMOS/BIOS battery today, as , I have faced some critical problem regarding regular BIOS date/time reset after system shutdown. But I want to know how do i recognize, that my new batter is totally ok or functional.

Battery Meter gadget shows that "battery Not charging"
Is it a gadget problem?

Is there any method available so that I can track that my new installed CMOS battery in PC is working fine?

Please help me.

A:Battery Meter shows CMOS battery not charging

The battery you have replaced is solely there to maintain the clock and other BIOS settings (if you have changed them from their defaults). It will not prevent you from booting your system if it is dead/missing; all it means is that you will have to enter the BIOS each time and make the correct settings and time. This battery is not rechargeable.

Do you still have to enter the correct time, or is the BIOS maintaining this now you've changed the battery?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/268054-battery-meter-shows-cmos-battery-not-charging.html
Relevancy 72.67%

My W540 is asking me to consider replacing the battery. The original battery is a 57++, 9 cells, 11.1V, 8.96Ah 100Wh, Li-ion00 battery. Searched on ebay, cannot find an exactly the same one.  The closest match one is this:  Some 9 cells 57++ is 10.8V, 9.21Ah and Li-ion 20  ----- does this one is better than mine original because of its lower V?----- do you have a reliable seller from ebay or amazon to recommend ? From the Battery Maintenance window I found there is a Battery Health Mode feature somewhere. But where I can find it??

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W540-battery-replacement-and-Battery-Health-Mode/td-p/3443944
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi,
When I switch on my laptop today, I got the warning "Warning battery cannot be identified. System cannot charge the battery." If I plugin my adapter, laptop is running on AC power, if I remove the plugin, laptop is turned off. I have downloaded latest BIOS update but still the problem persists.
Details: Dell Inspiron 3521, Windows 10, latest BIOS V14.
Please help!

Thanks,
C.S Harsha

A:Warning battery cannot be identified. System cannot charge the battery.

Is the battery OEM or an aftermarket battery?  How old is the battery? I know of Windows 7 OS having issues with recognizing some batteries and were relatively easy to fix.  I do not know if it carried over to Windows 10.  I will have to look up the article to find any relevance.
Zax

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683083
Relevancy 72.67%

Laptop will only charge to a max of 86%. Battery test indicates OK. After recalibrating batterythe max charge was reduced to 76%. Will a new battery solve this or could this be something more die?If new battery is necessary, can HP provide it or am I forced to go to 3rd party supplier?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-not-fully-charging-but-passes-HP-battery-test/td-p/5777397
Relevancy 72.67%

HP g - b us Notebook PCHere is the situation LED charge whi... battery charging battery shows and not Laptop and symptoms nbsp Battery not charging Battery icon indicates battery being charged but it sits at Have bought a replacement HP battery and that battery will not charge also it sits at which I assume is the initial charge it came with nbsp Run the HP Support Assistant and both batteries fail the test saying that cell is bad cells to have charge but cell has a reading even in the new battery Is there a problem accessing charging Laptop battery not charging and battery charge LED shows whi... cell When the battery is installed and the AC adaptor is unplugged and the laptop is turned off the battery charge LED shows a white LED red amber indicates that it is charging the battery now the only time the LED goes out is when the battery is physically removed Before the problem began the battery charge LED would be off when the battery was installed and the charger was not being used Now the battery charge LED goes off only when the battery is physically removed What I have tried Cleaned the contacts Bought a new HP battery Tried the complete discharge method of turning the laptop off removing the power cord and battery and holding the power on key for over seconds Have done safe restarts Reset to HP recommended settings Suggestions recommendations

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-battery-not-charging-and-battery-charge-LED-shows/td-p/5806061
Relevancy 72.67%

Today I found this page in Toshiba Spain website: http://es.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/generic/BATTERY_PROGRAM_2 , and my battery is affected.

I called Toshiba and surprisingly the answer has been: *Yes, your battery is included but we no longer change them. If it has worked for some time then it should not fail.*

I have read many times the information in the mentioned web page and *I can't find the established period for the change*, and the most important thing is *it encourage me to remove the battery to prevent damages.*

I was expecting something else from Toshiba.

A:Portege M300 battery included in Battery Program

I believe you. Customers like you and me have always right and must get everything they want.
Hey battery of my notebook was affected too and it was changed 3 years ago. At this time the whole exchange program was ongoing.

Sorry but after so long period of time I presume the whole exchange program is at the end and out of date.
If you didn't have any problems with the battery in the past I don't think you will have it in the future.
When you will notice the battery is at the end by new one and everything will be OK.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?54777-Portege-M300-battery-included-in-Battery-Program
Relevancy 72.67%

I recently purchased an x and everything is perfect but the battery fit nbsp It moves up and down slightly nbsp I know there are many posts in the lenovo forums for all different models that the battery fits lose in x model and solutions of putting paper foam tape to make the battery fit tighter nbsp and Loose Battery / ... Battery LENOVO wiggle x230 in nbsp What I'm wondering is if anyone has actually had the problem fixed by lenovo nbsp I've read a Battery Loose / Battery wiggle in x230 and LENOVO ... few posts where a Battery Loose / Battery wiggle in x230 and LENOVO ... user has had the base piece of the case replaced where the battery fit's into and that has solved the problem nbsp I'm still within my return period on my x and am awaiting a call back from tech support to see if there is anything they will do but I don't think I will keep it if they can't fix it nbsp nbsp I'm just curious has anyone actually had luck by replacing the base piece nbsp From what i've read a replacement battery hasn't worked for anyone nbsp Also I know everyone says its by design for thermal purposes but I haven't actually seen any official confirmation of this from lenovo nbsp nbsp Thanks nbsp

A:Battery Loose / Battery wiggle in x230 and LENOVO ...

As a follow up, I'm just curious if this is a widespread issue?  Anyone have loose battery in their x230 / x220?  I'm not talking about it falling out...but just a few millimeters of wiggle room.  Basically when i pick mine up or place it down, I can feel / hear the battery move.  I'm just trying to get an idea if this is a real problem or thats just how every thinkpad is.  I called support and they are sending someone to replace the base panel and we'll see if that fixes it.  I'll update this post when it get's replaced.   Edit* I also asked the lenovo support rep if they had heard of this issue and they said no, never.  I don't see how this is possible as if you do a google search for thinkpad loose battery there are many results.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Battery-Loose-Battery-wiggle-in-x230-and-LENOVO-solutions/td-p/948935
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi out cuts battery power, on laptop battery good my girlfriend in Beijing has an Acer Aspire S latop She bought a new battery for it laptop cuts out on battery power, battery good a while back and told me it was no good I was in Beijing recently messing around with it and found that actually the battery is fine lasts for gt hours but when unplugged and running on battery power the laptop often just cuts out suddenly loss of power I took the battery out and had a look and cleaned all the connections but they seem fine The next part is the strange part and which I hope might give someone a clue as to what s going on When it cuts out it will never restart again unless the mains power cable is plugged back into the laptop As soon as that s done and the power button is pressed it starts up again and the cable can be taken out immediately I mean immediately - you can plug the cable in push the quot power on quot button and pull the cable back out in less than a second and it will start up and run fine on battery again until the next time it suddenly cuts out without warning Because any unsaved data is lost and because the laptop cannot restart without the power adaptor this very portable and light laptop is now reduced to having to be kept at home all the time and plugged in which is exactly the opposite of what she bought it for Anybody have any idea what the problem could be or suggest some tests that could be done to find out She took it to a local computer shop but the guys there had no idea Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cuts-out-on-battery-power-battery-good.1164783/
Relevancy 72.67%

Been working fine until a few days ago. When I turn it on it says 163 - Time and Date not set - There is no option in bios to set date Non-System disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready - Bios cannot detect hard drive So the question is if the RTC Battery is weak or dead can it cause above issues Thanks Chris

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Question-about-RTC-Battery-CMOS-Battery-and-System-Errors/td-p/5804426
Relevancy 72.67%

I am becoming more and more concerned about my laptop's battery each and every passing day. When I check the bottom right of my computer screen to check if my computer battery is completely charged, it says "0% available (plugged in, not charging)". I have had to buy two new batteries because of the same thing and they also read "0% available (plugged in, not charging)". When I unplug my laptop from the power source, it turns off automatically. I cannot even bother calling Dell to check this issue for me because I bought this computer off the street for $35.

My question in general is how do I get this problem fixed and how do I keep an eye on how my laptop computer charges correctly (or not)???

A:General Question about laptop battery charging AND 0% battery

Some reading and testing for you

Why is my Laptop battery not charging? – Drivers.com updates

Laptop Battery Not Charging | PCWorld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcDvp2A7Fss

The common method is:
- Create a System restore point
- Uninstall (Under the Batteries category in Device Manager) the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery.
- WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.
- click Scan for hardware changes

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/371230-general-question-about-laptop-battery-charging-0-battery.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi, When I first got my laptop, I would click on the battary icon in the tray and it would give me a time remaining estimate as well as the percentage.  I have since had to reinstall windows 8.1 and no longer have the battery time remaining estimate, just the percentage.  I have installed all the latest drivers from the support site and everything works fine except for that. I have tried every version of the BIOS available on the support site and reinstalled serveral times.  I also tried running a battery check which came back fine.  Any idea on how to fix this? Thanks.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:No Battery Time Remaining when clicking on battery icon in T...

Hello tm200 The Battery Time Remaining information has been removed from BIOS F.11. The battery time estimator basically looking at what you?re doing right now and give an estimated remaining time. It was common for the readout to go from 8 hours to 16 hours in a matter of minutes. This might cause more customer confusion than it would solve. The trend of mobile devices intended last for whole day is try not to estimate their battery life. For example, iPhones, iPads, Android phones, tablets, etc. all don?t try to estimate. They might give insight into your past usage, but they won?t try to project the future.  ThanksWayne

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/No-Battery-Time-Remaining-when-clicking-on-battery-icon-in/td-p/5028266
Relevancy 72.67%

I am new at this stuff and I seek help from all those who can give it. Ok so my first charger stopped working and I bought a new charger. The charger worked great for a few months after purchase. Until one day the charger stopped charging on and off. I unplugged it a few times and then it stopped working. I let the battery die after. I am guessing that it stopped working because i may have screwed up the charger socket by tripping on the cord thus pulling on it im not really sure anymore. The laptop is in a bad condition, it's four years old i think but it can still run. The battery is the same not change. HELP ME for I am an *****

A:Toshiba Satellite M45 Battery or Battery Charger Problem

You probably broke the internal AC adapter socket. It can be repaired, but you will have to take it in for service

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-m45-battery-or-battery-charger-problem.129316/
Relevancy 72.67%

This problem occurred with prior Win Home O S so I upgraded to Windows nbsp HP If Only. 2000 On ... & Battery Power Both Runs Great Battery Heavens-to-Mergatroid nbsp This laptop runs just fine when only battery is powering it nbsp However once I also HP 2000 Runs Great On Battery Only. If Both Battery & Power ... plug in the power cord the O S does a hard crash within to minutes How special nbsp I can get about to hours when using the HP 2000 Runs Great On Battery Only. If Both Battery & Power ... battery but not if I also plug in the power cord nbsp That means that when the battery gets low I must perform a standard shutdown and then insert the power cord which recharges the battery if I don't turn nbsp on computer nbsp If I then start the computer with both connected it crashes nbsp I am not patient enough to live with a computer that has to be recharged every couple of hours nbsp HELP nbsp I suspected a heating issue so I took the back panels off and thoroghly cleaned the fan vents and other cracks and crevices using canned air but this did not fix the problem nbsp Since in runs just fine on the battery I deduce it is NOT a heating issue neither dust or heat paste issues nbsp I also used a cooling mat to no avail nbsp Im years old living in God's waiting room but parts of my body are to nbsp However I do have Essential Tremors in both hands so I cannot do a full laptop disassembly even if I want to which I don't nbsp I cannot afford to pay a computer repair shop or more to try a fix this vexing power issue nbsp Other than hocking my car it's too old also to buy a new nbsp laptop does anyone have a kind affordable suggestion that might correct the problem nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-2000-Runs-Great-On-Battery-Only-If-Both-Battery-amp-Power/td-p/5717709
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi i have a XPS M dell laptop and bought a new battery wich came charged to the instructions said that i should discharge the battery to and then chargeit to for first time I used the laptop withouth cord until it was then i plugged it but the amer light that should battery testing of of or port need dell a i help a Hi, a battery laptop appear it is not when i plug the laptop with the battery installed then i check the energy administrator i have xp Hi, i need help testing a battery or a port of battery of a laptop dell and lubuntu and it both was the same and it said quot charging quot but it stayed in i let it more than hours plugged but never charged the battery it is still in and the light of the battery doesnt turn on I dont know if the battery is bad because it worked when had charge or is maybe the laptop that is not charging Is there a war to check if this port is charging electricity to the battery i have a multimeter and i know how to open this laptop Any information would be helpful as i havent been able to found information on this and also is there a way to know with the multimeter if the battery is allowing energy to charge it i hope you have understood im still klearning english thanks for your time nbsp

A:Hi, i need help testing a battery or a port of battery of a laptop dell

Testing the DC jack on a laptop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrsUsyxzk1M

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-i-need-help-testing-a-battery-or-a-port-of-battery-of-a-laptop-dell.1131320/
Relevancy 72.67%

I was trying to read the chraging cycles of my battery, but I didn't find any software which was able to provide this information. Lenovo settings app and the the new version of Lenovo Solution Center don't display any information regarding the battery. Some people mentioned, that settings app should be able to set charging levels and to display battery info. But there's actually no battery settings menu available.I was trying some other software, but it seems to be impossible to access charging cycle registers. Is there any solution for proper battery management on Win 10 anniversary?

A:W530: Reading battery cycles / battery management ...

Lenovo Settings app (3.120.0.0 according tothe About box) displays battery cycles count in "Power Status" tab/Show details on W10 1607, on both P70 and W520 that I have around. Battery charge threshold is setup on the same tab. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W530-Reading-battery-cycles-battery-management-Win-10-1607/td-p/3425125
Relevancy 72.67%

The battery on my Latitude E6540 has become a little loose. This maybe normal with time? I'm not sure. The battery still charges and performs normally. However, it seems one of the springs in the battery release latch has broken. Thus, I cannot remove the battery to inspect the looseness. The battery wiggles a little. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My latitude is still under warranty. As I work at an academic institution, the laptop is also registered with the institution. I figured I'd ask Dell first since the warranty is still in my name. Much thanks in advance.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995938
Relevancy 72.67%

I have an older SL laptop which has been working very well But recently the battery power was continuing to diminish until recently it stopped holding a charge altogether At this stage the orange battery indicator started to blink continuously at a rapid rate I am still able to power up the laptop with my power cord connected Purchased a new battery to replace the old and assumed light would go to green after charging Unfortunately after several hours connected to the charger the battery light continues its constant orange blinking Went through the process of uninstalling the ACPI file as noted in another post Followed these steps Disconnect AC Shut down Remove battery Connect AC Startup Under the Batteries category right-click SL510 light not flickers battery charging; battery all of Microsoft's ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall note that it is all right if you only have one Shutdown Disconnect AC Insert battery Connect AC Restart your computerAfter completed this process battery light continues to blink rapidly and battery doesn't seem to want to charge or provide any indication that battery is inserted in computer This happens whether I'm using either of the -power adapters I have for this laptop What can I do to SL510 battery not charging; battery light flickers get this fixed nbsp Thank you in advance for any assistence provided

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/SL510-battery-not-charging-battery-light-flickers/td-p/2258787
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi,

Vista is retrieving me the error message that it is not able to retrieve the power parameters.
Do i need to install a softawre to allow me to access those parameters ?

Thanks for you feedback,

Rgds,

F,

A:Battery - Vista is not able the retrieve the power options for the battery

Hi

To be honest I have no idea what you are talking about.
The Vista power options are a part of the Vista OS and you don?t need to install anything.

But on Toshiba notebook the Vista power option would be extended by some Toshiba power options.
Are you speaking about this Power Saver options?
If yes, then I would recommend reinstalling the VAP (value added package) because these power options are a part of VAP.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?56712-Battery-Vista-is-not-able-the-retrieve-the-power-options-for-the-battery
Relevancy 72.67%

User comes in my office and lost the battery clip. The clip you use to release the battery. When i use a pen to open the clip i can eject the battery and reseat it, but the laptop will not boot from the battery and will not charge the battery. Is there a way to make the laptop know the battery is present without the lock clip? and how does this clip work? I think this notebook can work fine the next couple of years. Or is anybody has a battery clip for the hp probook 6550b, i will be pleased if you can send it to me, i will pay for the stamps ofcourse.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Battery-will-not-charge-after-i-lost-the-battery-lock-clip/td-p/5623707
Relevancy 71.81%

I have an issue with a G - notebook nbsp The owner is an on G50-45 on power doesn't with Lenovo battery older nbsp acquaintance of mine who couldn't use it with the WIndows which is the original OS comming with it so in order to install a WIn was needed an update of the BIOS Downloaded from the official Lenovo support center ofcourse nbsp After the update I finaly managed to boot Windows on the notebook but now it won't turn on while battery is on I tried the battery draining suggestions mentioned not once or twice in this forum and nothing gave result Ref nbsp https forums lenovo com t Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks G -won-t-start-on-battery td-p nbsp nbsp nbsp Lenovo G50-45 doesn't power on with battery on When pressing the power OR nbsp the Novo button it is getting in a cotinous boot loop while battery is on I tryed Lenovo G50-45 doesn't power on with battery on many varieties but while the battery is installed - Lenovo G50-45 doesn't power on with battery on the notebook keeps restarting but when I remove it and power on only on AC evrything seems to be going quite well nbsp So after I installed the new OS I digged myself into the forum and I ran onto the above mentioned techniques but unfortunatelly after several tries - I give up nbsp My question is - do you have any other ideas Is my problem hardware because it does not exit when I remove this particular hardware - the battery or it is some issue because nbsp of the updated BIOS nbsp nbsp I hope somebody will give me the next direction how to fix what I did please nbsp Thank you in advanced nbsp nbsp BRStacy nbsp nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G50-45-doesn-t-power-on-with-battery-on/td-p/3353079
Relevancy 71.81%

Laptop is plugged in however the battery level doesn't increase, even when the laptop is turned off. I already tried a new battery and a different charger, I already tried uninstall and update battery drivers, update the bios, update the Windows 7 and nothing worked. I would like to try all possibilities before send the laptop to someone else try a repair. Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-level-doesn-t-increase/td-p/5780364
Relevancy 71.81%

When I boot up my computer is says that it doesn't recognize my battery and that it will not charge. But after I continue and use my computer it works fine and charges. I have a Dell inspirion 1501 with Vista on it.

What can I do to fix this?

A:Computer Doesn't recognize battery

Sounds like either a bad ac adapter or a bad battery. anyone you know with the same model adapter you could test with? Any chance this machine is still under some kind of warranty?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-recognize-battery.780423/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi I have recently bought a new Thinkpad AC ADAPTER and a new cell battery to my quot Thinkpad T T60: charge! doesn't battery New ThinkPad quot notebook After i received them I pluged both new devices into the notebook but battery cant get charged Whenever i plug the new ac adapter to the notebook when is not turned on the lighst start blinking like orange battery and green litle plug lights appear after a second shuts and apear green batery and green litle plug and after a second just apears the litle green plug lightened this cycle continues until i take the plug ThinkPad T60: New battery doesn't charge! of adapter from the wall socket ehn I turn on the notebook with the ac adapter there is always a beeping going on like the notebook is switching on and off intermitently with some seconds between ThinkPad T60: New battery doesn't charge! the beeps Here first theres a orange light with a green light when the notebook is switched on but after a second appears a green battery light then lighs go off and start all again its very noisy I made two litle videos on cell phone i order for someone see whats happening when the notebook is turned off with ac adapter plugged and when is turned on with acadapter plugged AC ADAPTER PLUGGED WITH BATTERY amp NOTEBOOK OFF mediafire com rieyu uq zoz f AC ADAPTER PLUGGED WITH BATTERY amp NOTEBOOK ON mediafire com a fxsll nhcu I dont have the original lenovo software but windows so i dont have maintanance battery check software but the battery is new bought on eBay and carger new as weel bought on eBay as well The new ac adapter i bought details are P N p - FRU P PA - output V A W My old ac adapter details P N P - FRU P PA- - output V - A The Battery details are Cell Battery IBM LENOVO Thinkpad T Y Y The back of my thinkpad says output V- A Can someone tell me whats wrong with the notebook Is this normal to charge a new battery I left the notebbok charging a hole afternoon and didnt charge at all Hope anyone can help me Boto nbsp

A:ThinkPad T60: New battery doesn't charge!

Can you explain briefly what was happening that promted you to buy a new battery and AC adpter. Why did you think they both needed to be replaced?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/thinkpad-t60-new-battery-doesnt-charge.162571/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello everyone nbsp I've been using my Lenovo U - for a few months now with no issues until a week ago when attempting to start up the computer I encountered problems At first it took a few minutes for the system to start up and then that even stopped working reaching a point where the power button is on but the screen stays black and no start-up process is in effect nbsp nbsp I've read about issues like that and eventually followed a guide by someone who said it up U31-70 Battery issues Doesn't start & might be related to the battery nbsp I removed the internal battery - U31-70 Doesn't start up & Battery issues and to my surprise - the computer works fine a bit slower now from direct current no issues on start-up nbsp nbsp What could U31-70 Doesn't start up & Battery issues I do now the battery L M P is nowhere to be found not even with the official labs nbsp Is there any solution or the battery is dead and I'll need to send it abroad nbsp Regards and thank you Solved Go to Solution

A:U31-70 Doesn't start up & Battery issues

Hi hornedz ,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

To best check on the battery performance you may run powercfg /batteryreport  elevated cmd .

I was also thinking of probable power relation on wake up under battery option that may also exhibit same symptom wherein if the pc is on this setting waking up is affected. 
You can initially set power options to high performance first.
Under advance option to disable hybrid sleep.
Disable fast start up. and clean boot to eliminate software related causes.

When you removed the battery it ,ay be the you were at the same time ended some processes causing the delay in wake/ start up. The settings above are changeable that is worth a try. 

You can also try checking battery performance using Energy Manager.
Uninstall to test and re install from the support site.
Yoou may also check the part availability thru Lenovo Encompass in your location .

Test the performance with such changes and update us how it goes.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/U31-70-Doesn-t-start-up-amp-Battery-issues/td-p/3274667
Relevancy 71.81%

Sorry for my bad englishThere is was a problem in the hinge and i replaced it but after replacing the hinge i found that the laptop doesn't work with battery but the battery icon in the task bar reads the battery charge but doesn't charge it ,i checked all the connection but everything is ok , what could be the problem? , i replaced the battery but the same problem exists  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-doesn-t-work-alone-and-not-charging/td-p/5731823
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi recently I've bought a new battery for my Tecra the original one was able to power the laptop for less than minutes When I put the new battery which is fully charged into my laptop and try to power up the system hangs doesn't Tecra battery boot on new S5 with black screen and blinking text cursor ' ' in the top left corner before the windows xp starts It happens with or without AC Tecra S5 doesn't boot on new battery DC adaptor connected If I replace the new battery with the old one or remove it and boot on AC DC power the system boots properly If I boot on AC power and insert the new battery and disconnect AC power I can work until the next boot - so it seems that the new battery is OK the new battery is not genuine toshiba but WhiteEnergy I waS using this brand with my previous sattelite and was working ok Do you have anny suggestions or settings to change The symptoms are quite weired for me

A:Tecra S5 doesn't boot on new battery

> The symptoms are quite weired for me.
For me too. Settings to change? I really don?t know what kind of settings can make the whole thing better.
When you start your notebook on battery power supply only, can you enter BIOS settings?
Have you tried to set it to ?default settings? and check if anything will change?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?58220-Tecra-S5-doesn-t-boot-on-new-battery
Relevancy 71.81%

I have purchased HP 15-AF114AU Notebook about 2 months ago. For the past one week, the battery doesn't charge beyond 90%. Once the bettery reaches 90%, the indicator shows "plugged in, not charging".Initially, it used to charge upto 95%, then it dropped to 94% and now 90% in a span of just one week. I have tried recalibrating the battery by draining it completely and charging it again, run tests using HP Support Assistant and the component test from BIOS, all show the battery to be OK. But still the battery doesn't charge beyond 90%, no matter what I do. Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Notebook-Battery-doesn-t-charge-beyond-90/td-p/5721769
Relevancy 71.81%

Ok so basically i've purchased a Lenovo U31-70 laptop which seems to have battery issues.The battery will not charge, it stays on 0% without charging. I've upgraded my BIOS, installed 3 different windows versions, none of them seem to work.I am just curious, as im tired of trying, where can I purchase a battery so I can replace it?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:U31-70 Doesn't start up & Battery issues

Hi Alexand,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

Method 1.
I had issue where it did not charge at all. Disabled the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery driver. Shutdown the pc and unplugged it overnight. Switched it on. Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery still disabled. Enabled it and restarted. Now it?s charging. Try that?

Method 2.
You may shut down the computer completely, unplug the power cable, remove the battery and let it rest for about 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, put the battery in its place, plug in the power cord and restart the computer to check if the issue persists.

Method 3.
A simple way to check the integrity of the battery is to remove it entirely and plug in the power cable to the laptop. If the laptop powers on properly, the problem is likely with the battery.

A non-charging battery can sometimes be caused by an overheating laptop. If the laptop is charging for a very long time then the battery becomes quite hot. As the temperature rises, the battery sensor misfires, telling the system that the battery is either fully charged or missing completely, causing the charging problems. This problem becomes far more likely when using the laptop on the couch or in bed, with a blanket or pillow covering the cooling vents. Let the system cool down and take the time to make sure that the air vents are clean and unobstructed.

I hope the above information helps.
Regards,
Shashi

Tap that Kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/U31-70-Doesn-t-start-up-amp-Battery-issues/td-p/3309605
Relevancy 71.81%

my pc failed to recognize the battery status, on battery report the PC does not recognize the battery ...

A:Portege Z30 A-1D3 doesn't recognize the battery

Hi

Can you please tell us which Portege model do you have exactly?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?81882-Portege-Z30-A-1D3-doesn-t-recognize-the-battery
Relevancy 71.81%

Don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I'm using a Dell Latitude cpi a400xt laptop, the battery light continually flashes orange and the power bar says it's at 0%. It's never worked, just wondering why it might be. (incidentally, I do have a battery )

A:Laptop battery doesn't work

It could be that the battery is dead or that the voltage regulator in the laptop isn't working and teh battery isn't being charged.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-doesnt-work.259655/
Relevancy 71.81%

I am running windows 8 pro wmc on my HP laptop. One month ago I have bought a new battery. From last one week, when I start my laptop it shows that "plugged it, not charging". When I shut down down, it started charging the battery. After a full charge, my laptop performs good and battery worked for almost more than 2 hours.

Please help me. Whats the issue with my laptop. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:My laptop doesn't charge battery when it is on!!!

Maybe you need to Calibrate the laptop to the new battery: Calibrate Laptop Battery

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30246-my-laptop-doesnt-charge-battery-when.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a Macbook Pro (2006 model) which doesn't charge the battery, but functions normally when plugged in to an external power source.

Some liquid was spilled onto the computer, which most likely caused this problem. In any case, I believe I've narrowed the problem down to either the left I/O board or the motherboard itself. I can most likely obtain a used and functioning I/O board to replace the old one.

So, I was wondering if there is some way if I can find out for sure which one it is ? And since the computer can properly use the power adapter when plugged but just doesn't charge the battery is it still possible that it is the I/O board ?

Thanks in advance,
Arnór

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macbook-pro-doesnt-charge-battery.932640/
Relevancy 71.81%

My laptop seems to be completely out of charge, and the only way to use it is to plug it in. If it becomes unplugged, then it immediately shuts off. I am running Windows 8 Pro on a Samsung Series 9 Notebook (P900X3B). It is not a fresh installation of Windows, it was updated from Windows 7.
The battery indicator in Windows 8 states that the battery is at full charge, but it really isn't. I can't remove the battery because it is built into the laptop. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks, HB

A:Laptop battery always at 100%, doesn't charge at all

Hi -

Samsung does make some sacrifices in order to keep the Series 9 so thin and light. The battery, memory, and solid state disk are not user replaceable.
They’re sealed up inside the laptop case, and while you might be able to remove some components and replace them by performing minor surgery on the notebook, you’ll probably void your warranty in the process.

About all I can find .........................

See Series 8 >> Samsung ATIV Book 8 Review and scroll down to Battery life -

Is this yours ?? Or do you mean the Series 9 ??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547202/laptop-battery-always-at-100-doesnt-charge-at-all/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey guys,
I am worried now.
What can I continue my lesson without my laptop? Right now, the battery is not working any more! I need ur helps!

Thank you!

A:Hp DV2000 battery doesn't work! Plz, help me!

Do you leave your battery attached to your laptop when it is plugged into the power supply? If so...DONT!!
It's always best to pull your battery when you are not mobile, since batteries have cells that contain "memory" and can only accept a certain amount of charges, or "hours of charging."

Also you want to allow your battery to FULLY drain before you charge it again. Also, allow it to charge 100% and then either remove the battery or power supply unit.

As far as the battery you have now you may need to obtain a new battery; either through your warranty or purchase of another.
Once a battery is dead, it's usually done.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dv2000-battery-doesnt-work-plz-help-me.911833/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello I have a yr old Toshiba Satellite laptop that I use every day on avg hrs per day for school The battery used to in No hibernate Battery drains battery warning before 1hr; low last about hours without needing charging In the past couple weeks it only seems to last about an hour before needing to be charged Even more troublesome is its action when the charge is gone I have set the power settings to pop up a notification message at battery level and take no action then at battery level pop up another message THEN go in to hibernate Battery drains in 1hr; No low battery warning before hibernate However last week it would give me only about seconds notice of a critical battery level then it would hibernate Battery drains in 1hr; No low battery warning before hibernate It wouldn t give Battery drains in 1hr; No low battery warning before hibernate me any notice before the critical level Now it has taken to just hibernating with no warning notice whatsoever I could keep it plugged in all the time but my concern is there s something more at issue that will get worse over time I don t need any crashes at finals time Any suggestions Could the battery need replacing Thanks nbsp

A:Battery drains in 1hr; No low battery warning before hibernate

Li Ions really start to lose capacity at 2 years. By 3 years, they can easily be at 50% of their original capacity.

I'd go for a new battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battery-drains-in-1hr-no-low-battery-warning-before-hibernate.57724/
Relevancy 70.95%

My Yoga 3 pro is still a nightmare and so far is unusable given onging battery problems. However I digress. The thing wouldn't charge past 72% and took 2 days to get to that from 51%. So yet again I searched the net hoping to find something new and I noted yet another updated battery guage realeased only a few days ago. I also noted that someone had suggested deleting the windows battery drivers in Device Manager after disconnecting the battery which I figured couldn't hurt so went ahead. Once I reconnected the battery, plugged it in and waited for it to download the battery drivers, I noted it didn't install the ACPI component. Now lo and behold, I have no battery guage at all. In fact it says "The battery is not used", but of course it is. I then tried the latest battery guage driver but no improvement. Can anyone help in this age old problem? Cheers 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-3-Pro-Latest-battery-guage-says-no-battery-conected/td-p/3338813
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi nbsp I have read many people have similar issues for other models other than my Thinkpad x AL but battery - battery not x240 plugged - charging removing the battery won't solve my x240 - battery - plugged battery not charging problem nbsp It is plugged in it says plugged in but battery is not charging none of the two batteries this laptop has nbsp I have gone to Driver Manager and uninstalled the Microsoft drivers under battery section After restarting or scanning for new hardware these drivers appear again and the problem is not solved nbsp I have restarted de computer Problem not solved nbsp I have removed the batter and put it back Problem not solved nbsp x240 - battery - plugged battery not charging After one night I switched on the laptop and one of the battery has charged Right now it says plugged in charging and x240 - battery - plugged battery not charging it shows already although it keeps charging The other battery still shows not charging nbsp I believe this must be a software issue some power management that prevents the laptop from charging the battery But where is that software and how to configure it or remove it nbsp I have looked for Lenovo Power Management and similar and it is not installed on my laptop nbsp Anybody knows what I am talking about

A:x240 - battery - plugged battery not charging

I have a very similar problem, how was yours fixed in the end?Someone please help, very frustrating!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x240-battery-plugged-battery-not-charging/td-p/1484738
Relevancy 70.95%

I know that a battery not holding a charge can sometimes be a motherboard problem, I don't want to spend the extra $50 on a new battery if it is the motherboard. Is there any way to decipher which one is the culprit.

A:Motherboard not charging battery or battery dead

Batteries are consumables... They should always be changed first if a charging problem appears

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-not-charging-battery-or-battery-dead.91756/
Relevancy 70.95%

After doing a Lenovo update for battery firmware, now my battery will not charge. I have to be plugged into direct current at all times.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-Battery-Firmware-Update-now-Battery-does-not-charge/td-p/3482596
Relevancy 70.95%

All, Very strange thing going on, and I've not seen it on these forums, so here I go. Turn on laptop, the HP screen appears, and about 20 minutes later, Windows starts loading.Turn off laptop, pull the battery, turn on the laptop, and Windows starts loading within 10 seconds (normal). When the battery is in, EVERYTHING takes 15-20 minutes to start.  If I select F2 for settings, it takes that long.  If I hit F10 (or possibly F8), same delay.      If I take the battery out, it works perfectly. So....I of course assume bad battery......but I've never seen this type of behavoir in ANY computer previously. Any suggestions?HP G62-340US Notebook Windows 7 Home PremiumNo error message and no changes made to system. Thanks Donlen

A:HP G62 Battery causes slow boot - take battery out and boots...

BTW - I've noticed other things like "Failed DST" and things like that...but only when the battery is installed. When battery is out....passes all diags.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-G62-Battery-causes-slow-boot-take-battery-out-and-boots/td-p/1864817
Relevancy 70.95%

For a few months now at some point my battery would indicate nn plugged in Battery not plugged in, unaccessable battery charging AND not charging and would maintain that charge as long as it was plugged in Running on the battery the charge would eventually diminish and in order to get the battery to charge again I have gone through to process of uninstalling the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery in Device Manager Usually within Battery plugged in, not charging AND battery unaccessable hours things would revert back to plugged in not charging However that is no longer remedying the problem When this was Battery plugged in, not charging AND battery unaccessable an issue the indicator light next to where the AC Adaptor plugs in would flash blue Also I upgraded from Win to a few weeks ago but this issue has been occurring for a few months now nbsp Now the battery reads plugged in not charging and when I use the HP Support Assistant to check the battery I get the message HP Battery Check was unable to access the battery I have performed a hard reset reset Battery plugged in, not charging AND battery unaccessable the BIOS and updated the BIOS all nbsp to no avail If I unplug the adaptor the computer shuts off nbsp Any suggestions for additional fixes I have seen one additional suggestion to do a system recovery but I have not yet made a recovery disk for win I do have one for the win and would it make any difference anyway since the plugged in not charging problem was occurring under win

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Battery-plugged-in-not-charging-AND-battery-unaccessable/td-p/5718067
Relevancy 70.95%

Dears,  I'm facing this issue in my Thinkpad X240 "Battery #1 not present", I've tried many solutions like BIOS/Power manager/Battery device manager update ... but nothing works out. At the power manager interface, I can recognize just the removable battery.Do you have please any suggestions to activate my internal battery ?  Thank you.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Battery-1-not-present-internal-battery-X240/td-p/3455767
Relevancy 70.95%

Dear HP,From two months ago, the message "The system has detected the storage capacity of the battery stated below to be very low." appeared before the startup and the battery didn't (and doesn't) charge. Or it signals that is charging but once I plug out the charger, the battery doesn't even last for a minute or it simply says "plugged in, not charging".I tried to run more than once the battery test in the System Diagnostics,that is described in your tech support, but it doesn't run (it doesn't pass further than 1% and I left it hours for run). I also tried the battery test in the HP Support Assistant, but once I start it, it says right afterwards "battery test stopped working" and it doesn't finish the test.I would like to know your opinion for a possible solution.Thank you for your help

A:battery failure, battery test not running

Hi, Is it still under warranty ? If yes, please contact HP in your country to have a replacement:          http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html Otherwise you need new battery. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/battery-failure-battery-test-not-running/td-p/5721078
Relevancy 70.95%

I am running an HP Pavilion dv7 3165dx notebook with Windows 10 Professional. I purchased an extended life battery earlier this week and installed it 11/10/16. At first it charged to 26% and stopped, then only to 4% and now it doesn't even recognize the battery and upon running the UEFI program both with the new battery as well as the old, original, battery I seem to come up with the same results, a Failure ID of 9UTQ58-51T89V-XD0021-C09T03. At least the battery light blinks with the old battery but the light stays on for about 3 seconds and goes out upon plugging in the charger with the new battery. Any ideas what I can do to cure this annoying issue?

A:Upon testing battery with UEFI my brand new battery has a fa...

Is it a genuine HP battery or a "compatible" battery? I think the battery you bought may be bad so your recourse lies with the vendor of the battery. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upon-testing-battery-with-UEFI-my-brand-new-battery-has-a/td-p/5846368