Windows Support Forum

Vaio Analysis manager / Windows Installer window keeps popping up

Q: Vaio Analysis manager / Windows Installer window keeps popping up

I use Sony Vaio.. the problem is that a Vaio Analysis manager / Windows Installer window keeps popping up and it suddenly exit without me even knowing what it is doing or installing.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Vaio Analysis manager / Windows Installer window keeps popping up

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Vaio Analysis manager / Windows Installer window keeps popping up

Hello zolboo and a warm welcome to the Forum
I found this on the Sony website. If you follow the instructions it should solve your problem

Quote:
This is the Vaio Personalisation Manager which keeps track of your favorite music, programs etc. As far as I can work out it is designed to make personalised recommendations of music or other things you may be interested in when using Vaio Media Gallery. Rather like Amazon's Personal Recommendations.
If you don't want this service then just disable it. Go to VAIO Analysis Manager and you will find an option something like ' Preference Learning' - just uncheck it and reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251459-vaio-analysis-manager-windows-installer-window-keeps-popping-up.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hey everyone,

Recently I've bought a Sony Vaio and I have uinstalled two aplications that I would never use, they are Sound Forge Audio Studio 10.0 and ACID Music Studio 8.0 and since then I'm having problems with my notebook. It is a Windows 7 64 bits.

The problem is that a Windows Installer window keeps popping up and it suddenly exit without me even knowing what it is doing or installing.

It is driving me crazy, since I did not make a backup so I could go back to an older date and fix it.

I have already ran CCleaner and Front Line Registry Editor and it didn't fix it.

Could anyone PLEASE help me.

A:Sony Vaio - Windows Installer popping up Bug

Hi SaulMageste, Try this System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/223509-sony-vaio-windows-installer-popping-up-bug.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I am having trouble with this little window popping up.
It says windows installer.
I hit cancel and it comes right back and I hit cancel like two more times and then it lets me do a couple things and then it pops up again.
Our computer was getting slower and slower so I figured I would go thru the remove programs and clean some of the stuff out that we do not ever use.
I am thinking I must of removed something I should'nt have.
Any one have any tips on repairing the windows installer problem.

Thanks for any help.Doug

A:Windows installer window keeps popping up.

in the run box type
sfc /scannow
and press enter
also check for infections
http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=15968

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-window-keeps-popping-up-115467.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi,

I keep getting a windows installer popup window whenever I open ANY program. It says that “The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-Rom or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the disk and click OK. There is nothing listed in “Use Source”. I can’t tie it to anything I have done recently.

I have Windows XP SP2

Can anyone help?

Thank you,

Gail

A:Windows Installer Window Keeps Popping Up

Hi grandmagail

Do you have Microsoft Office installed?

If so, insert the Office disk and direct the Windows Installer to the disk, for the source.
If it is not the source, you should see a message to that effect.

Let us know what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-window-keeps-popping-up.756824/
Relevancy 66.65%

latley a popup message of windows installer pops up during start up and evey time I right click

any ideas?

Relevancy 66.65%

XP Media edition SP My Window Installer box keeps popping up -- not for too long but long enough to be worrisome -- usually when I open desktop folders or when I launch Internet Explorer As with most people for whom this problem happens I suspect it s searching for a program that I Keeps Installer Popping Up! Windows apparently uninstalled Windows Installer Keeps Popping Up! incompletely at some point I have tried everything -- removing specific keys in the registry manually running the Windows Install Cleanup utility tho I confess I get nervous about removing some programs with that b c I worry they ll no longer be available to me resetting the program through the cmd command installing a new version of msiexec exe etc etc I regularly check my event viewer and these are the three Windows Installer Keeps Popping Up! most recurring MsiInstaller Windows Installer Keeps Popping Up! events I see INFORMATION The description for Event ID in Source MsiInstaller cannot be found The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer You may be able to use the AUXSOURCE flag to retrieve this description see Help and Support for details The following information is part of the event BC CCE-A EC- A A- B -D E D F NULL NULL NULL ERROR The description for Event ID in Source MsiInstaller cannot be found The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer You may be able to use the AUXSOURCE flag to retrieve this description see Help and Support for details The following information is part of the event PackageName HKLM Software Classes Installer Products ECC CB CE AA A B D E D F SourceList NULL NULL WARNING The description for Event ID in Source MsiInstaller cannot be found The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer You may be able to use the AUXSOURCE flag to retrieve this description see Help and Support for details The following information is part of the event BC CCE-A EC- A A- B -D E D F DefaultFeature EBF C- - C-A - E DF FEC NULL NULL I ll attach my HijackThis file here in the hope that someone can help me with this It s gotten truly annoying Thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide nbsp

A:Windows Installer Keeps Popping Up!

Im not qualified to help you with the hijack file but i will say this much when something is removed in a registry it can cause all sorts of problems like corrupted or damaged programs or rendering a computer completely useless. thats why we dont advise anyone to use registry cleaners or mess with the registry unless you truly are knowledgable to know what you are doing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up.1012334/
Relevancy 66.65%

XP Media edition SP My Window Keeps Windows Installer Popping Up! Installer box keeps popping up -- not for too long but long enough to be worrisome -- usually when I open desktop folders or when I launch Internet Explorer As with most people for whom this problem happens I suspect it s searching for a program that I apparently uninstalled incompletely at some point I have tried everything -- removing specific keys in the registry manually running Windows Installer Keeps Popping Up! the Windows Installer Keeps Popping Up! Windows Install Cleanup utility tho I confess I get nervous about removing some programs with that b c I worry they ll no longer be available to me resetting the program through the cmd command installing a new version of msiexec exe etc etc I regularly Windows Installer Keeps Popping Up! check my event viewer and these are the three most recurring MsiInstaller events I see INFORMATION The description for Event ID in Source MsiInstaller cannot be found The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer You may be able to use the AUXSOURCE flag to retrieve this description see Help and Support for details The following information is part of the event BC CCE-A EC- A A- B -D E D F NULL NULL NULL ERROR The description for Event ID in Source MsiInstaller cannot be found The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer You may be able to use the AUXSOURCE flag to retrieve this description see Help and Support for details The following information is part of the event PackageName HKLM Software Classes Installer Products ECC CB CE AA A B D E D F S ourceList NULL NULL WARNING The description for Event ID in Source MsiInstaller cannot be found The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer You may be able to use the AUXSOURCE flag to retrieve this description see Help and Support for details The following information is part of the event BC CCE-A EC- A A- B -D E D F DefaultFeature EBF C- - C-A - E DF FEC NULL NULL I ll attach my HijackThis file here in the hope that someone can help me with this It s gotten truly annoying Thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide Removed log as they are not analyzed in this forum and thus far it doesn t appear to be a malware related issue OB

A:Windows Installer Keeps Popping Up!

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_programs/windows-installer-box-keeps-popping-up/03a732f3-df67-4d04-8b2b-fc1d29edfb2b]

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414370/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 66.65%

Every time I right click on any file/folder windows installer pops up saying "Preparing to install..." then the normal right click menu follows after. This is extremely annoying/frustrating and I've read several sites with possible causes although non pertain to my specific issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows installer keeps popping up...

I had the same problem after resetting my operating system to an earlier saved version. Here is how I fixed it. I went to:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...n#Instructions

and downloaded the Windows Installer fix for my operating system (I have Windows XP) and it fixed it right away.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-302727.html
Relevancy 66.65%

a windows installer window keeps popping up. Most of the time it pops up with my AVG Free is opened, but sometimes it just starts to attempt to install something on my computer. I never know what it is, it doesn't give me any kind of prompts, it just pops up and start to try to still something on my computer, so I always press "Cancel" and it stops, but I am wondering what this is, I would like to find the source, so this doesn't happen again. I have ran AVG Free is there were no infections and I ran Spy-Bot S&D nothing shows up, but please assist me with this, I just want to make sure I am not looking over something. My hijackthis log is attached.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up.931986/
Relevancy 66.65%

ok ive used spybot -ad-aware and hjt this-after i used hjt in safe mode i restarted computer and check disk came up and scanned computer-when done computer loaded normally but when i click on any thing my docs-my pics-my computer etc- then windows installer pops up to install microsoft money and i dont have that disk in!!!please help driving me crazy-oh ya i have windows xp home edition

A:windows installer keep popping up

Go here and download The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301
Run the tool and have it remove microsoft money and then try to re-install it.(That is if you want microsoft money installed on your computer)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-keep-popping-up.271781/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have year-old HP with XP SP Windows installer dialoge box keeps popping up but does not remain It won t cancel and or stop in Task Manager On ocassion it is like a strobe light The this activity is keeping the CPU at maximum whenever any thing is being used Some programs won t work --Retore will not go back to earlier date some links will up popping keeps Windows installer not work etc Windows installer keeps popping up I have run AVG a host of anti malware programs Malewarebyte s Antimalware Currently I have completed the running BleepingComputer programs to produce logs DDS ran but indicated that it could not run in DOS Mode and report was in machine language I am not sure I have done all this correctly as I could not Windows installer keeps popping up attach the files so I had to copy them GMER - http www gmer net Rootkit scan - - Windows Service Pack Running j ph f Windows installer keeps popping up gmer log - - exe Driver C DOCUME HP Owner LOCALS Temp pxldipob sys ---- System - GMER ---- SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwAssignProcessToJobObject xF B FE SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwCreateFile xF B SSDT Lbd sys Boot Driver Lavasoft AB ZwCreateKey xF C E SSDT C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Trusteer Rapport store exts RapportCerberus RapportCerberus sys RapportCerberus Trusteer Ltd ZwCreateThread xF CF SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwDeleteFile xF B AF SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwDeleteKey xF B C C SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwDeleteValueKey xF B C E SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwLoadKey xF B C SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwOpenFile xF B A A SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwOpenProcess xF B SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwOpenThread xF B A SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwProtectVirtualMemory xF B C SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwQueryValueKey xF B C SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwRenameKey xF B C E SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwReplaceKey xF B C SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwRestoreKey xF B C SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwSetContextThread xF B F A SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwSetInformationFile xF B B SSDT C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Trusteer Rapport store exts RapportCerberus RapportCerberus sys RapportCerberus Trusteer Ltd ZwSetValueKey xF CF E SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwSuspendThread xF B F SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwTerminateProcess xF B E A SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwTerminateThread xF B EC ---- Kernel code sections - GMER ---- text ntkrnlpa exe ZwCallbackReturn EBC Bytes E C B F text ntkrnlpa exe ZwCallbackReturn A EC Bytes B F C DOCUME HP Owner LOCALS Temp pxldipod sys The system cannot find the file specified ---- User code sections - GMER ---- text C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe ntdll dll KiUserApcDispatcher C E Bytes JMP C C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe RapportMgmtService Trusteer Ltd text C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe kernel dll LoadLibraryExW C AF Bytes JMP B text C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe USER dll... Read more

A:Windows installer keeps popping up

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logRegards,Georgi

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364251/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 66.65%

Here's the log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon Installer Windows popping keeps up exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system NWTRAY EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT Windows Installer keeps popping up EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files QuickTime Windows Installer keeps popping up qttask exe C PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe C Program Files Dell AccessDirect dadapp exe C WINDOWS system atiptaxx exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox jre bin javaw exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Microsoft Works MSWorks exe C My Downloads HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system HPBPRO EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www med dal ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c windows googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c windows googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NWTRAY NWTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run DadApp C Program Files Dell AccessDirect dadapp exe O - HKLM Run AtiPTA atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run SMART Mirror Driver Monitor Service quot C Documents and Settings GRasmussen Application Data Bridgit monitorservice exe quot O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program ... Read more

A:Windows Installer keeps popping up

It appears as though you have a few active threads. It's wise to announce that each log is for a different computer, or you may be passed over, as some may think you've double posted.

http://www.techsupportforum.com//sec...o-returns.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com//sec...-netscape.html

Do you work in a corporate environment, or are you a tech, or just the family and friends go-to guy?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-79687.html
Relevancy 66.65%

After i installer office 2010, i kept on receiving this message Windows installer "Preparing to install". Then it says installing microsoft project 2003, even when i disabled it and stopped it in services, it still comes up! When i start it, it takes forever just to start Mozilla Firefox. It is very annoying, please help!

Uninstall Office 2010 and try installing it again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-566064.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Right clicking on anything on the desktop or in my computer, windows installer usually pops up, this started after i had a virus attack on my server, i have ran trend micro, microsoft security scanner, rkill(when my task manger & regedit was disabled).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/windows-installer-popping-up-690156.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi..
I installed Nero 7 Ultra Edition Months ago but this never happened before:
Everytime I open my laptop, Windows Installer will show up and says Installing Nero 7 Ultra Edition and then it will ask for permission then it will fail. And then from time to time, it will pop again. It so annoying.

This happened since I cleaned my registry.
Any idea what's wrong and what should I do? THANKS!

(OS: Vista Home Premium [I know this site is mostly for Windows 7, but still know you can help], I used both PC Tools Registry Mechanic and Advance System Care Ultimate when I clean my registry.)

A:Windows Installer Keeps Popping

If you know this site then you should also know that we strongly advise against using any so-called registry cleaners or optimizers - except for CCleaner - as these will ruin your install.

Nero is also known as buggy crapware for years.

If I were you I would revert a System Restore point before the OS was likely ruined by the registry junkware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308258-windows-installer-keeps-popping.html
Relevancy 66.65%

i tried to uninstall Microsoft Money but now i keep getting the windows installer trying to reinstall or a message to put in the money cd which i do not have.how do i get rid of this pesty situation?

A:windows installer keeps popping up!

Try this.
Select Start/Run and type in msconfig and press enter.
Check the startup-options. Somewhere in there you are likely to find the install or setup for that prog. Disable it by marking the appropriate line, save it and exit.
On your next (re)boot it should be gone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up.387993/
Relevancy 66.65%

Can any body help me?This windows installer window keeps popping up.
I went thru and was removing programs that I have not been using and
now this window keeps comming up.Bugging the heck out of us.
I went in and restored to a earlier time like to two days before I removed
the unused programs but that did not help.
Any tips?
Thanks Doug

A:Windows installer keeps popping up.

Can you give us a screen shot plz?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-116191.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I m having several problems with my computer Windows installer box opens when ever I open a program from keeps popping Windows Installer up box my desktop I can t access any of my program from the start Windows Installer box keeps popping up menu I tried running msconfig - received message quot windows cannot find msconfig quot Logfile Windows Installer box keeps popping up of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR WatchDog exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files McAfee MBK MBackMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C PROGRA McAfee MPS mps exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files McAfee MPS Windows Installer box keeps popping up mpsevh exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR Service exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR GUI Exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Documents and Settings All Users Documents hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www comcast net toolbar search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - Toolbar Comcast Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - HKLM Run MBkLogOnHook C Program Files McAfee MBK LogOnHook exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Startup HotSync Manager LNK C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button AOL Toolbar - AF D- E - bda- -B C B - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe... Read more

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi everyone I've got a problem on my computer the Windows Installer Windows Installer popping up! will sometimes randomly pop up it usually happens online and when I go into programs like BitComet or online things I think Also when I go into a Installer for a program that uses Window Installer Adaware Spybot have showed up nothing virus scans haven't either I can't get rid of it Here's my HiJackThis log ---------------------------------Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Windows Installer popping up! Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC Windows system HpSrvUI exeC WINDOWS system usb exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXEC Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LogiTray exeC Program Files DSE ADSL CnxDslTb exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I S EXEC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup ccApp exeC Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LowLight exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http xtramsn co nz R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http au hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO YSIGet Browser Helper Object - B E- EA- - EFE- D E D E - C Program Files YSIGet YSIGet dllO - BHO bho gr Class - FF D- A - A-A EF- BA A E - C Program Files GetRight xx gr dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Software SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - c Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dllO - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLLO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run hp Silent Service C Windows system HpSrvUI exeO - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run AutoTBar C hp bin autotbar exeO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run USB C WINDOWS system usb exeO - HKLM Run LVCOMS C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXEO - HKLM Run LogitechGalleryRepair C Program Files Logitech ImageStudio ISStart exeO - HKLM Run LogitechImageStudioTray C Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LogiTray exeO - HKLM Run CnxDslTaskBar C Program Files DSE ADSL CnxDslTb exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run Microsoft Update Agent muamgr exeO - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe ConsumerO - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus C Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I S EXE P quot EPSON Stylus C Series quot O quot LPT quot M quot Stylus C quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -uO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeO - HKLM RunServices... Read more

A:Windows Installer popping up!

Close all your running programs, run Hijackthis and place a check next to the following.O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Update Agent] muamgr.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -uO4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft Update Agent] muamgr.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Update Agent] muamgr.exeO4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [Microsoft Update Agent] muamgr.exeO6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel presentO16 - DPF: ActiveGS.cab - http://www.virtualapple.com/activegs.cabO16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (FilePlanet Download Control Class) - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/FPDC_1_0_0_44.cabO16 - DPF: {70BA88C8-DAE8-4CE9-92BB-979C4A75F53B} (GSDACtl Class) - http://launch.gamespyarcade.com/software/launch/alaunch.cabclose all your internet browsers and click fix in Hijackthis.Locate the following file and delete itFile:muamgr.exe <--search for itReboot and post a fresh Hijackthis log in your thread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/27245/windows-installer-popping-up/
Relevancy 66.65%

After installing a repair installation of WIN XP HE because my laptop kept rebooting itself, Windows Installer now pops up when I click on any new site, document, e-mail, etc. and remains visible for 60 - 90 seconds. I can browse and use the laptop as before, but have to wait for Windows Installer to disappear before I can do anything.

How do I get rid of this? Do I have maybe have a virus?

I have used Norton AV Corporate Ed., UniBlue SpyEraser, and Registry Booster.

Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!

A:Windows Installer Keeps Popping Up in WIN XP HE

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...04011838AA4ljsSI further suggest that you stop using Registry Booster on your system.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270246/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-in-win-xp-he/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi this is a slightly long story but one day my IE decided to stop working and wouldn't load any web pages up popping --PLEASE 'Windows HELP! keeps Installer' I ran my anti-virus software Spypot S amp D Ad-aware etc and it found nothing SO I just started using Firefox and I un-installed IE Then I reinstalled it and it works BUT then after doing that my anti-virus software jacked up I have the Symantec AntiVirus program and NOW every time I turn on the computer and it loads windows the 'Windows Installer' pops up and then says it can't configure Symantec because it's missing some file I have to Alt-Ctrl-Del and end program to get rid of this box everytime I press 'Windows Installer' keeps popping up --PLEASE HELP! cancel it just keeps trying Anyway even after 'Windows Installer' keeps popping up --PLEASE HELP! I close that out the Windows Installer box keeps popping up every five minutes annoyingly Now I'm unable to install any other program because when I try it says quot another installation is already in progress quot This is also the case when I tried to uninstall the antivirus program Any help would be GREATLY GREATLY appreciated Thanks in advance

A:'Windows Installer' keeps popping up --PLEASE HELP!

We need to remove the offending AV program. Use this program to remove the AV program. Be careful using the utility. Only remove the offending program. After you remove the program restart and re-install the AV software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-please-help-223974.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Every time I go to My Computer, Windows Installer keeps trying to find MS Money 2003 to install, which I DO NOT have. I have to hit cancel 4 or 5 times.

How can I stop it.

A:Windows Installer keeps popping up

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up.679221/
Relevancy 66.65%

After installing beta version of MS Office 2007, Windows Installer pops up when I click on any new site, even e-mail, and remains visible for 60 - 90 seconds. Used Reg Cure, Reg Cleaner, Anti-Spy, Anti-virus, etc. and nothing has helped. I can browse and use the pc as before, but have to wait for Windows Installer to disappear before I can do anything. Sixty seconds multiplied by 30 or 100 clicks - or whatever - equals a lot of time wasted by waiting.....Many thanks for any help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56988/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 66.65%

Windows installer keeps trying to install something but doesn't say what- it pops up on anything you do

Itis my mother's machine- These are steps I have already done

1. Ran anti virus -clean report
2. Removed spy ware/mal ware
3 uninstalled twice xp service pack 3 and reinstalled no change
4. Cleaned registry- no luck
5. I installed cleanup utility but will not run it until told which program
6. Tried installing new update to installer with no luck- machine gives message newer file on machine and stops installation
7. Found a damaged file on her system- removed no luck
7. Winvr on her system shows on attachment
8. Uninstalled and reinstalled xp service pack 3 for second time after I first- sent info from her system- no luck

A:windows installer keeps popping up

Hello rogers901, Welcome to TSF!

Please try this workaround (you will need your Windows? XP SP2 CD).

(In the event that you do not have a Windows? XP CD with SP2, you will need to 'borrow' one from a friend or colleague, as the manufacturer's "Recovery Discs" will not work in this instance.)

Insert the Windows? XP CD in your drive. (Hold down the Shift Key to prevent it from starting.)

Go Start > Run ...in the box type in sfc /scannow ?please take note of the space between the sfc and the /.

This is the System File Checker...it will scan all the Windows? core system files to ensure that they are in their respective correct places, and if not replace them from the CD.

During the scan you may be asked to Insert the CD, if this happens just go retry and let it do its thing.

One important point: While sfc is running, it is not advisable to do any other work, or have any browsers/programs running on the computer, until the scan is complete. (This process will generally take around 45-65 minutes to complete).

Once finished, remove the CD and reboot your machine...all should be "Normal" (hopefully).

Please post back with the result, or if there are any further queries/concerns.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-253335.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Whenever I launch any Office 2007 product, a message pops up saying "preparing to install...". I have tried reinstalling Microsoft Office and nothing helps. Please advise.

Use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to delete the program that it is trying to installYou may have to reinstall Office after doing soNote: Use at your own risk as Microsoft no longer supports this utility

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369655/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 66.65%

Well every time I open any aplication windows installer keeps showing up and sometimes I m not able to run certain programs This is my hijack s log I hope someone can give me a hand I already tried to disable windows installer through gpedit msc but wasn t able to fix it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot popping keeps up.. installer Windows mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows installer keeps popping up.. Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system mmc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Administrator Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise scriptsn dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO FlashGet GetFlash Class - F E- EF- C- - BA DBA - C Program Files FlashGet getflash dll O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - Startup Recorte de pantalla e Inicio r pido de OneNote lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Download All with FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item amp Download with FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc link htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xportar a Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Enviar a OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - no file O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Enviar a OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - no file O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - no file O - Extra button FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C Program Files FlashGet FlashGet exe O - Extra Tools menuitem FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C Program Files FlashGet FlashGet exe O - Service AMD External Events Utility - AMD - C Windows system atiesrxx exe O - Service McAfee Engine Service McAfeeEngineService - McAfee Inc - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise EngineServer exe O - Service Servicio d... Read more

A:Windows installer keeps popping up..

I fixed it with Windows Installer Clean Up, it was that stupid office enterprise, it filled my computer with garbage ¬¬

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up.925447/
Relevancy 66.22%

Every time I login to my account, windows installer pops up and then this error pops up.
Is there a way I can prevent this from popping up? It started happening last reboot.

I've already tried system restoring. The last thing I did was uninstall a few programs. I googled this problem and it turns out it has something to do with my HP printer. I ended the HP task and the installer was gone too.

A:Windows installer keeps popping up at startup

Hello again,

I'm glad you got it sorted!

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/158008-windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-startup.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi guys, I'm having this issue with Windows Standalone Installer. It keeps on popping out and I've to keep clicking yes but after clicking yes nothing else happens. After few minutes Windows Standalone Installer will pops out again. Any help from you guys will be appreciated. :)

A:Windows Standalone Installer Popping out

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Did you install or try to install any new programs lately?

Does the installer give any clues as to what it is trying to install?

Did you try to revert to a system restore point prior to this issue?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-standalone-installer-popping-out-936050.html
Relevancy 66.22%

On a windows xp system, the windows installer dialog box "preparing to install" keeps occuring for no reason. It is annoying and slowing everything down. It sometimes goes away when I left click, sometimes not. What can I do?

Relevancy 66.22%

I've had some problems with my XP SP2 system lately. I uninstalled some programs in order to solve some issues. Now, when the pc boots up, I get a windows installer dialog popping up, saying "preparing to install"...it eventually just goes away. I have no idea what it is trying to install as it never gets that far. No other problems seem to exist.....any ideas out there?

Thanks in advance...

Relevancy 66.22%

Tried the Installer Cleanup Utility. Pretty much tried everything that people recommended, but still not working. Windows Installer box says "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. . .enter another path to a folder containing the installation package then it will pop up again saying hen Installed all my windows updates, restarted my computer about 5 times to no avail. Running Windows Vista, not sure if that helps.  Please help, it's driving me nuts!! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/windows-installer-screen-keeps-popping-up/td-p/5596815
Relevancy 65.36%

This is really annoying I haven t used access in a while but I have office and have have to use Access for one popping 2007. in Windows keeps Access Installer up of my classes Now when I first started it up it said it needed to configure MS Office Ultimate before usage which is weird because I ve used it before but whatever It started up It works fine except for when I try to view a table in datasheet form The windows installer won t leave me alone trying to configure Office Professional what I have alongside Ultimate I have to beat it down with a stick hitting cancel until it stops long enough for me to try to access another table where it starts up again If I let it go on it ll say sku e hasn t been found I got Office Ultimate through one of those for college student deals way back which might be why it can t seem to find the files it needs on the CDs I used to install it Maybe it needs a specific directory I don t know I do know this is aggravating I m sorry if this is a newbie question but I really need help with this I can get my work done but dealing with this hassle will triple the time I m on Windows XP w Service Pack nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

I need help, everytime I open a folder, with video files, the Windows Installer pops up for a split second, but it does it for each Video file, so if it's a folder with 10 videos, then the windows installer will pop up 10 times, its quite annoying and slows down the system at times

I have tried reinstalling the Windows Installer, and Unregistering, and Re-registering, also tried the Windows Installer cleanup utility, and I also turned off, thumbnail previews, that worked, but the installer, still pops up when I execute a Video File, I've Upgraded to SP3, and then back to SP2, I ran SFC, tried reinstalling Video codecs as well, and nothing really seems to work.

I really don't feel like reinstalling Windows, so any help would be great!

Thank you all in Advance!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-for-video-files-285665.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all hope you can help me with this annoying problem Today I installed MS Office Enterprise Isorecorder VirtualCloneDrive and WinISO After doing all that whenever I start up the PC Installer Solved: Windows popping startup at up the Windows Installer box pops up and says that it s quot Preparing to install quot every time I have no idea what s causing it and it s driving me crazy Here s my HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system WgaTray exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C PROGRA Grisoft Solved: Windows Installer popping up at startup AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files dvd dvd tray exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CamTray exe C WINDOWS system ircomm k exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Kontiki KService exe C Program Files LClock lclock exe C Program Files VisualTaskTips VisualTaskTips exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files Opera Opera exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe D setup exe C DOCUME Steven LOCALS Temp ose exe C Steven s Folder Other Stuff Software amp Cracks HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system MsiExec exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com b http uk docs yahoo com info bt side html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www live com wa wsignin R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com b http uk docs yahoo com info bt side html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults su http uk search yahoo com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC quot C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe... Read more

A:Solved: Windows Installer popping up at startup

this is bugging me too, what was the solution...as the title says SOLVED.....?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-installer-popping-up-at-startup.539942/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,

I was on the computer and then all of a sudden windows installer was trying to install the sonic cineplayer decoder pack. The weird thing is, I didn't even open anything sonic related. I keep pressing cancel when it pops up. It does this about every minute. Is that the sign of a virus? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

A:Windows Installer keeps popping up (see post) Need help ASAP!

It appears to be related to Roxio Easy Media Creator CD/DVD burner software, so it's not a virus. If you don't want to let it install, see if this old thread helps: http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/535553-solved-sonic-cineplayer-problem.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-see-post-need-help-asap.667134/
Relevancy 65.36%

I m at my wits end - Ever since I tried to use Clip Art in MS Word XP this morning and it told me the feature was not installed I ve been getting one Windows Installer popup dialog after another always trying to run Office XP Installer I tried uninstalling Office XP and now my laptop thinks I m not the Administrator I m the only account on the laptop I am the Owner Administrator This is nuts and I can t figure out what s happening Please look at Windows Installer popping ARGH!!! Solved: - up keeps my HJT log and tell me if you have any suggestions There s a whole lot of crap in there and I could use help sorting it out Running Inspiron GHz Gig RAM Windows Vista Home Premium Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Roxio Easy Media Creator Drag to Disc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd Solved: Windows Installer keeps popping up - ARGH!!! exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Solved: Windows Installer keeps popping up - ARGH!!! Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Dell Support Center gs agent dsc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Users Jayne Desktop HiJackThis v exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFil... Read more

A:Solved: Windows Installer keeps popping up - ARGH!!!

I should also mention that I tried using System Restore also, but after it "appeared" it would work, Vista finally told me that there was an error and no changes were made to my system. So, can't use System Restore. When I try to uninstall any program Vista shows message "The System Administrator has set policies to prevent this installation." I'M THE ADMINISTRATOR!!!! Aaaaagggggghhhh!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-argh.654854/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have been having this problem for a week, everytime I open Windows Media Player Windows Installer pops up and I don't know why it is doing this for, I have not made any recent changes to my computer recently or to Windows Media Player

A:windows installer popping up as Windows Media Player opens

Does the installer say anything on it to indicate what it is doing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/329725-windows-installer-popping-up-windows-media-player-opens.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi everyone My OS is XP home edition And my computer knowledge is fairly basic There s two things that are concerning me and any advice or help on either or both would be greatly appreciated The first thing is I keep getting a Installer Service up slow plus upgrade, after popping XP boot. Pack Windows Windows Installer box popping up which says preparing to Windows Installer popping up after XP Service Pack upgrade, plus slow boot. install when I check my Hotmail emails This problem began after I had a windows update which turned out to be an upgrade to Service Pack last week As soon as I ve clicked cancel on the Windows Installer box I get an alert from ZoneAlarm saying Windows Messenger is requesting to access the internet The first time it happened I just let the installer do what it was trying to as I thought the service pack upgrade had made changes to some settings But then it happened again Windows Installer popping up after XP Service Pack upgrade, plus slow boot. as soon as I opened the next email I only open emails from people who I know Windows Installer popping up after XP Service Pack upgrade, plus slow boot. like my close friends or family by the way So I m presuming there s a problem somewhere Just to note though it only happens when I open an email in Hotmail or if I try to sign into MSN Messenger It hasn t happened anywhere else After trying to look it up on google and searching through a couple of posts on here I m still not sure what could be causing this and how to stop it I ve scanned the whole system with AVG and it s all clear Could it be a problem in the registry or in the update I done Although I have checked my Windows update history and it says the Service Pack update was successful The second thnig is my computer usually takes about five or more minutes to boot up This isn t a recent thing I have to admit But I ve never really been all that concerned about it until I was reading some posts on here I ve looked in my Start Up menu in MSConfig and there is quite a few things in there that I m not sure of But I have been a bit worried to disable the things I m not sure of because as I ve said earlier my computing knowledge is fairly basic and I d be worried I m stopping something that is needed I know this might sound silly apologies Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks for reading nbsp

A:Windows Installer popping up after XP Service Pack upgrade, plus slow boot.

This should solve your first problem.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-popping-up-after-xp-service-pack-upgrade-plus-slow-boot.746246/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey all - I'm having a problem on this old work computer: Windows Installer is constantly popping up and disappearing! At times it's every 3-4 seconds and stealing the focus, and the popups almost immediately disappear. It seems to mostly pop up during work from within Microsoft Office and less so during work in Google Chrome but I'm not positive about that.

The popups previously attempted to install Roxio Media Manager. They would pop up randomly and try to install for 10 seconds or so then freeze, and cancelling the installation took another 2-3 minutes. However, I've since tried a registry clean using iolo's suite of tools (no noticeable improvements) and I've tried removing all of Roxio's installation packages using the Windows Installer Repair Utility - which brings me to where I am now. It would be great if someone could help!

A:Windows Installer repeatedly popping up and disappearing? Hijack This output included

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-repeatedly-popping-up-and-disappearing-hijack-this-output-included.1061755/
Relevancy 63.21%

Okay first off I am really going to try to explain popping up,creating INSTALLER install/uninstall keeps problems-WORKnHARdHELP! WINDOWS the best WINDOWS INSTALLER keeps popping up,creating install/uninstall problems-WORKnHARdHELP! I can WINDOWS INSTALLER keeps popping up,creating install/uninstall problems-WORKnHARdHELP! without dragging it out I can t lose you out there You re my only hope The problem that has been resolved partially I am fixing to describe what has been going on atleast yrs I have a Sony Vaio bit windows laptop Pretty WINDOWS INSTALLER keeps popping up,creating install/uninstall problems-WORKnHARdHELP! much as soon as I purchased it I started installing software specifically Microsoft Works Suit which was way too old and not at all compatible soon after the Windows installer box pops up saying preparing to install or asking me to put in removable media atleast - times a day plus I cant install or unistall ANYTHING- HUGE PAIN I actually got to the bottom of that today with YOUR help I uninstalled Microsoft Works Suite its dang Add-In and some Digital Image Pro So all this stuff is gone there is NO traces anywhere not in the registry no where I CHECKED I restarted the pc and unfortunately The Windows Installer dialog box flicks on the screen or times so quickly I can t make out what its saying so I re-boot installer box still pops up it s real quick and does it or times As far as whether the installing and uninstalling is back to normal I tried to uninstall programs let me the other did NOT Are there any updates or should I uninstall and reinstall Idk what to do but I have been trying to fix this for so long that I cannot quit until it is fixed Anyone that could help please you would be helping me greatly and I would very much appreciate it THANKS Also when I do try to uninstall something and it fails it always displays this Windows Installer message the window installer server cannot be accessed This can occur if the Window Installer is not correctly installed SIDE THOUGHT I got to thinking trying the fix the installer I went in to the command prompt and typed something by direction of someone which was suppose to be telling me how to fix it it didn t fix it I just hope something like that wouldn t cause something like this to be the problem This is the cmd prompts that were entered i tried sfc scannow and it said that some of the files were corrupt and couldn t be fixed try this it might work Click on quot Start quot and then click on quot Run quot Type quot cmd quot or quot command quot in the box and click on quot OK quot Type each of these commands and press quot Enter quot after every one cd windir system ren msi dll msi old ren msiexec exe msiexec old ren msihnd dll msihnd old exit Type quot exit quot at the command prompt to close the Command utility Restart your computer Log on and open your nbsp

A:WINDOWS INSTALLER keeps popping up,creating install/uninstall problems-WORKnHARdHELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-creating-install-uninstall-problems-worknhardhelp.1098760/
Relevancy 63.21%

The Security Center Forum refered me to the XP Forum after clearing a infection.

During the infection and/or clearing process, I now receive 3-4 Windows Installer windows with virtualy every program I invoke.
These Windows Installer windows are up for only for a few seconds. No progam name inside the box just Windows Installer on blue title bar and inside it says "Installing..."

Happens with virtually every program start but most notable with IE7 and Outlook. Never noticed it poping up with Outlook Express.

All Microsoft updates installed.
All security sotwae up to date.

Reagrds,
FIGGEPOP

A:[SOLVED] Constant Windows Installer windows popping up

I've seen this problem in other programs like PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office suite components. The last time it got really bad, I had to uninstall the programs that were invoking the Installer and reinstall them, so that all the .dll files and .ini files were in the right place again.
I'm sure someone else has a better suggestion...
-Andy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-constant-windows-installer-windows-popping-up-165806.html
Relevancy 61.49%

For some reason this window has started popping up!

' Please verify that both the username and password are correct for your mail server.'

To get rid of the Window I have to enter my details and password to gain access to Windows Mail.

Any tips please on resolving this problem. I am using Vista 32 bit. ISP Tiscali. AVG email scanning incoming.

Thanks Alan

A:Windows Security Window keeps popping up!

Hi alan8376
Is this problem associated with your outgoing mail too?
Try turning off your AVG email scanner & see if that makes a difference.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/240311-windows-security-window-keeps-popping-up.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have windows xp pro on a HP P8710 laptop. The recent security updates installed but had error with ms sql server 2005. I then installed ms sql express and the update installation was successfull. However the alert window keeps popping up with a update. After it is installed it pops up again and keep popping up. I have rebooted and it stills pops up.

A:windows alert window keeps popping up

hello ncis....you may try restarting your computer, then tap F8 select Last Known Good Command Config. and see what's happened.

or go to your control panel => Add/Remome program, check off Updates and find the most recent windows/security updates that you downloaded and uninstall it.

or if none of the above works, do a System Restore.

Hope this helps. RD

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-alert-window-keeps-popping-up-425596.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Windows Security Window keeps popping up!
For some reason this window has started popping up!

' Please verify that both the username and password are correct for your mail server.'

To get rid of the Window I have to enter my details and password to gain access to Windows Mail or just cancel the Window and try again to receive/send and all is fine! This problem pops up every few minutes!

Any tips please on resolving this problem. I am using Vista 32 bit. ISP Tiscali. AVG email scanning incoming.

Thanks Alan

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/240396-windows-security-window-keeps-popping-up.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I keep getting a Windows Explorer window popping up - not an IE window. It seems to happen only when I have an IE window open, though. It opens to C:\Documents and Settings\kzeidle\My Documents\My Videos although there are no videos in that folder - the folder is empty. I have tried running a virus scan with empty results - seems to be no virus. I ran Spybot and Adaware and that didn't help either. It's annoying - i bet that window popped up 40 times while trying to type this. Any help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-window-keeps-popping-up-357067.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello I have Windows Vista basic Panda Antivirus and firewall and a pretty annoying problem Whenever I start my PC Window Up Restart Windows Popping Explorer Keeps a window pops up saying translated from spanish Windows explorer ceased to function Windows is getting info about the problem this may take several minutes a few seconds later another window appears saying Windows Explorer is restarting then all the icons on the desktop the menu bar and the mouse pointer flicker and the whole process starts again over and over Now this is so fast I can Windows Explorer Restart Window Keeps Popping Up t even open the start menu to shut down the computer properly Starting on Safe Mode is no good the same thing happens Opening the quot task administrator quot cntr shift esc I can see that there are to active Windows Explorer Restart Window Keeps Popping Up processes and the CPU use percentage goes from to I have contacted the people from Panda Software but they have no idea what s wrong they said it might be a Trojan I used every anti-malware program listed on the Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log but they didn t find anything Is this malware or did I do something wrong I didn t want to post a Highjackthis Log until I was sure Please help

A:Windows Explorer Restart Window Keeps Popping Up

Are you finding any suspicious processes in Task Manager? When you experience or encounter strange behavior, always check for new, unknown or suspicious processes that may be running on your system.Anytime you come across a suspicious file or one that you do not recognize, search the name using Google or the following links:BC's File DatabaseBC's Startup Programs DatabaseFile Research CenterThreatExpert Malware SearchIf no search results are found, you are given the option to "Submit a New Sample".Determining whether a file is malware or a legitimate process sometimes depends on the location (path) it is running from. One of the ways that malware tries to hide is to give itself the same name as a critical system file. However, it then places itself in a different location on your computer. A file's properties may give a clue to identifying it. Right-click on the file, Properties and examine the General and Version tabs.You can download and use Process Explorer or System Explorer to investigate all running processes and gather additional information to identify and resolve problems. These tools will show the process CPU usage, a description and its path location. If you right-click on the file in question and select properties, you will see more details about the file. Anytime you come across a suspicious file which you cannot find any information, the file has a legitimate name but is not located where it is supposed to be, or you want a second opinion, submit it to jotti's virusscan or virustotal.com. In the "File to upload & scan" box, browse to the location of the suspicious file and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.-- Then post back with the results of the file analysis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/133866/windows-explorer-restart-window-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 60.2%

i have no clue where to even begin to fix this. i can x it out constantly and it will not go away. when i type i have to push the buttons numerous times in order to actually get the words on the screen. someone PLEASE tell me what to do..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-help-and-support-window-wont-stop-popping-up.711531/
Relevancy 59.77%

microsoft-support/...xp.../165806-solved-constant-windows-installer-windows-popping-up

A:windows-installer-windows-popping-up

Welcome to TSF

You really need to give us way more information than the garbage you posted.
EXACT Error message(s)
Your computer specifications (ex. OS/CPU/RAM...etc)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/windows-installer-windows-popping-up-306375.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Every time I right click on a icon Window Installer will Pop-Up? And it will say:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable."
Click OK to try again, or enter an altemate path to a folder containing the installation package
'nero.express.msi' in the box below.

I don't have nero? and this does this for every icon I click on ! I can not even install any programs with out having a error or failure installation.

A:Window Installer for Windows 7 U

Hello inkslinger,

Sounds like you may have bad installation media. If you like you could download an official ISO file at the link below, and be able to create a installation DVD or USB from the ISO.

Microsoft: Windows 7 Direct Download Links

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/315349-window-installer-windows-7-u.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi

I'm having two problems with my computer. I'm getting the windows installer screen always coming up at startup and staying on the monitor until I press cntl + alt + delete and then i'm getting that window in the background or bottom of the screen toolbar.

How do I fix these?

Thank You for your time

A:Windows Installer Window

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/MSICLEAN.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-window.701709/
Relevancy 59.77%

On my laptop S50D-A-10F and windows 10 most selections using touch pad results in windows help window popping up. I have resolved this several times but it keeps coming back. Use external mouse and everything is OK. I never use windows search so completely disabling it would be great.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92803-Satellite-S50D-A-10F-Windows-10-Selection-window-popping-up-using-touchpad
Relevancy 58.91%

The stupid thing is back and can't get rid of it by closing or ending task. It just won't let me. The only way for me to get rid of it is to turn off certain things on the start up. But I don't know why they are causing the problem.

The start up things I disabled are:

hp digital imaging all in one files
HpqSRmon application
hp quick play

I haven't pinpointed which particular file (s) are causing the problem yet. but did manage to narrow it down alittle.

What do I do? I am not familiar with this computer.

A:Windows Installer Window Is Back

Autoruns and Process Explorer should give you a better idea of what, if anything, is trying to run in the backround

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162074/windows-installer-window-is-back/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I recently got a GB Seagate external USB hard drive I ve been & with 4.5 Trouble Installer Windows Seagate Manager experiencing Blue Screens for a while now after the drive was added and I am currently troubleshooting in the BSOD forum here on Trouble with Windows Installer 4.5 & Seagate Manager techspot One avenue we tried was to uninstall the Seagate Manager software because it seemed it could be linked to my problem I am not able to boot normally as soon as my desktop appears I get a BSOD with quot page fault in non paged area quot I have been going into safe mode for my troubleshooting I used the Seagate chat today because I was not able to uninstall the Seagate software on my computer apparently it s because it can t be done in safe mode from what I was told by the chat tech I was instructed to download Windows Installer Since I have done that I am getting a different error message Error Windows installer service could not be accessed etc from the add remove programs because I don t think that the installed correctly in safe mode Does anyone know how I can get my windows installer back to normal or updated to while in safe mode since I can t boot normally right now Thanks Joe nbsp

A:Trouble with Windows Installer 4.5 & Seagate Manager

You could try using System Restore to bring your PC back to a point before you installed Windows Installer 4.5.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-windows-installer-4-5-seagate-manager.134370/
Relevancy 58.91%

Whenever I try to open pics, clipart, etc. the Windows Installer pops up and says, "preparing to install" and nothing happens.

It will not go away when I click cancel and if it does disappear it promptly starts again.

I have to go to Task Manager and End Task to get rid of it.

This started to happen about the same time I installed Office 2007.

I have been to Microsoft, unistalled and reinstalled Office and nothing has worked yet. It is connected to error 1635 but the fix information I've tried references an HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE line that does not match anything in my reg when I go to edit.

Help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-picture-manager-issues-310306.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Running Windows XP Home SP3. Whenever I right click the "start" button or right click any proram icon on desktop I get a dialogue window that is titled Windows Installer with a message in box saying Preparing to install. The windows then close and I get to the destination I was initially trying to go to. Very annoying! Any help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-installer-dialogue-window.935466/
Relevancy 58.48%

When I open Windows Installer Cleanup the window is empty.

How can I get it to populate the window?

I have installed Windows Installer Cleanup Utility msicuu2.exe

Thank you,

Docfxit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-cleanup-the-window-is-empty.702698/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have no idea what is going on. I Have windows xp on my computer and now every time I open anything...outlook, internet explorer, programs...start menu...ect...this windows installer box pops up and says "preparing to install". How do I fix this problem?

Thanks!
mickandy

A:Windows Installer Window pops up all the time.

hi and welcome,

when this pop up occours does it show you what it is trying to install?.

if it happens again have a look and post back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-window-pops-up-all-the-time.578665/
Relevancy 58.48%

When Vista starts for me, after it loads everything, it also bring up a window for Windows Installer that starts to load something (doesn't say what, just says "preparing to install"), then closes after 3 or 4 seconds.
How do I stop that window from opening each time I start Vista ? I am assuming its something left over in registry perhaps, but haven't a clue how to find it and remove it.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/191714-windows-installer-rogue-window-issue.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have the windows installer pop up window and I have tried everthing I knew I downloaded hijackthis and save my log file Would some please tell me what to do next and what to do next My log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS installer popup Solved: Windows window System smss Solved: Windows installer popup window exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Solved: Windows installer popup window InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe F System Mechanic Professional SMSystemAnalyzer exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe F System Mechanic Professional Search and Recover DiskImageService exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopCrawl exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office FINDFAST EXE F System Mechanic Professional IoloSGCtrl exe C Program Files INVISUS Desktop Firewall persfw exe C WINDOWS System alg exe F TypeItIn TypeItIn exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files RegSweep RegSweep exe F To-Do List Pro todopro exe F BlueVoda Website Builder BlueVoda exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exe F MOZILL FIREFOX EXE F Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com home ytie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com home ytie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO BAHelper Class - E AA - - -B F -FF FB E E - C Program Files BrowserAccelerator BrowserAccelerator dll file missing O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c Program Files BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar BrowserAccelerator - D A CF- C - EB -A D -F F DB ECE - C Program Files BrowserAccelerator BrowserAccelerator dll file missing O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run ioloDelayModule F System Mechanic Profess... Read more

A:Solved: Windows installer popup window

I post a reply and I should of posted to you. This is my first time in the forum. Would you please check my log file for me so I will know what to do. My windows installer windo keeps popoing up on start up.

Thank You
Flip Parker

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-installer-popup-window.524047/
Relevancy 58.05%

As requested a few extra things to add i cannot install uninstall a program because Windows Installer just freezes cannot use task manager to kill a process cannot boot in safe mode only comes up with black screen Windows explorer also comes up as quot Not Responding quot but operates ok if i disable all add ons currently all start up programs have been disabled but problem still persists Also the attach txt did not come up when i ran the dds scr DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Yahya at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Off" responding Task Manager hangs, "Logging Windows Windows and Vista not Installer Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows Windows Vista "Logging Off" hangs, Windows Installer and Task Manager not responding system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Windows system srvany exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C pvsw bin w dbsmgr exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Samsung Easy Display Manager dmhkcore exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Samsung EBM EasyBatteryMgr exe C Program Files SAMSUNG EasySpeedUpManager EasySpeedUpManager exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Magic Doctor MagicDoctorKbdHk exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Windows system WerCon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system RacAgent exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system msiexec exe c program files windows defender MpCmdRun exe C Windows Explorer exe C Windows system msiexec exe C Windows Explorer exe C Windows Explorer exe C Users Yahya AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Yahya AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Yahya AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Yahya Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www facebook com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uInternet Settings ProxyServer uSearchURL Default hxxp search aol co uk web isinit true amp query s BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO FGCatchUrl f -aa - b - f d- a b e ef - c program files flashget jccatch dll BHO CA F - F E- B -A E- E E ... Read more

A:Windows Vista "Logging Off" hangs, Windows Installer and Task Manager not responding

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222923/windows-vista-logging-off-hangs-windows-installer-and-task-manager-not-responding/
Relevancy 58.05%

Within the last three days my computer running Windows XP has started trying to install Roxio Media Manager. It keeps running over and over again and will not stop.

I have purchased Error Expert to try and stop it but it has not worked. Wondering a couple fo tings. If I totally uninstall Roxio Media Manager will that help? Not sure this would be a good thing but this is driving me crazy.

How do I stop windows installer from trying to install this progam?

A:Windows Installer keeps trying to install Roxio Media Manager

TSF,
Suggest you follow the link in my signature to especially download, update definitions and run Malwarbytes free. There are other cleaning tools in the link Learning each day that should also be of assistance to you.

Let us know if there is improvement,

kind regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-keeps-trying-to-install-roxio-media-manager-483679.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Im using Vista and everytime I try to Shut Down it hangs on the Logoff screen...

.... Pressing ctrl+alt+del no longer brings up Task Manager despite the icon being displayed in the icon tray so i cant close any programs

--- windows explorer doesnt work properly .. not responding ....

.... If i try to install a program, windows installer doesnt do it, if i cancel it just says cancelling and hangs....

.... anyone as to any ideas how to resolve ...

thanks - yahya

A:Logoff / Task Manager / Windows Installer all hanging

How long has this issue beein going on?What programs do you have running at startup? Have you tried disabling with a startup manager, then re-enabling one at a time?Have you tried using System Restore or System Restore from a command prompt in Safe Mode to return to a previous state before your problems began?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222634/logoff-task-manager-windows-installer-all-hanging/
Relevancy 57.62%

RE Windows Update ErrorsI am having issues downloading updates via Windows Updates issue has been present for - weeks with my new laptop Windows -bit The first batch of updates I installed upon first using my computer worked fine but not so this batch I have tried several methods to solve the Windows Update problem to no avail including gt Re-starting the computer gt Microsoft Fix-it gt Fix problems with Windows Update via control panel gt Disabling Re-enabling Windows InstallerAfter going through the & Windows Update Errors Window Installer Error entire process of installing updates i e http i tinypic com g jpg I get the following screen http i tinypic com s bss jpgHere is a list of all the failed updates from update history http i tinypic com oltsm jpgWhen I double click on the individual updates Security updates for Silverlight and Security update for Visual C both say that error relates to error code http i tinypic com edt jpg All Office related updates say that the error relates to error code http i tinypic com kxwcx jpg Looking at the Microsoft Office Updates they all say -bit edition when I have a -bit OS - could this be the cause of that error code How do I get the -bit version RE Windows Installer Error from trying to install programs like Java Evernote etc - anything that requires WI to load up When preparing Windows Installer http i tinypic com hmo jpg it fails to complete the process and gives me the following error message after http i tinypic com yp k v jpgThanks

A:Windows Update Errors & Window Installer Error

Hi jgb99 -I have just been through a severe similar case, that also included Microsoft Security Essentials Antivirus.The following steps listed by a M/soft helper fixed my problem and then 4 updates also appeared also.This issue can occur due to one of the following reasons:1. Incorrect System Date and Time settings.2. Incorrect Browser Settings.3. Corruption of Windows Update Components4. Corruption of browser settings or older updatesTo fix MSE installation and General update issues due to the above mentioned causes follow the steps below. Please note down any error messages or notable changes you find as you try the steps. :NOTE:- Before we start with the troubleshooting steps, I would like to inform you that I have added Result for each step. Please make sure that you fill up the results for the respective troubleshooting steps so that we can isolate the issue based on the results. Your co-operation is highly appreciated.Firstly please perform this general step:General step: Remove the other (secondary) security software (running multiple security software simultaneously will decrease the performance of the computer and the programs may conflict with each other)Please open the link http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_start/list-of-anti-malware-program-cleanupuninstall/407bf6da-c05d-4546-8788-0aa4c25a1f91 and remove the other security software using appropriate link and restart the computer.Step 1: Changing System Date and Time Settingsa. Click Start-> run, type Timedate.cpl, and then press Enterb. You will get the Time and Date settings window.c. Please change your system's Date and Time if the system's Date and Time settings on your computer are incorrect.d. Try to update any Definitions. If this does not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.Result: Step 2: Synchronize the time with an internet time servera. Follow the sub-steps a and b in step 1b. In the internet Time tab check the option Automatically synchronize with an internet time serverc. In the option for Server enter time.windows.com and update now and Apply and OK.Result: If this does not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.Step 3: Reset Windows update componentsRun the fixit from the link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058 and restart the computer.Result: If this does not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.Step 4: Perform IE OptimizationWhen you perform IE optimization, all temporary internet files, add-ons and customizations are deleted, and you basically start with a fresh version of Internet Explorer.Please copy and paste the link mentioned below in the address bar of the Internet explorer page and hit enter.http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9646978If you are unable to open the link, then please copy and paste the address in address bar.When it prompts please click on Run and follow the on screen instructions.Result: Now let us know if this has in any way solved any of the problems --Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427896/windows-update-errors-window-installer-error/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello all, posted this in the hijack forum my system is clean of any malware, viri, trojans and or spyware. For some reason just the other day when i open a Office app, i.e word, excel or whatever I windows installer pops open with it. This is the first time I have had this problem, running XP Pro, SP2 i see at m$ that version 3.0 is already incorporated into SP2, so don't know really what it going on. Is the .exe possibly corrupted? thanks

DOC

A:Win Installer keeps popping up XP SP2

bump.

CUBE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-installer-keeps-popping-up-xp-sp2.337664/
Relevancy 57.62%

I tried uninstalling Norton internet Security because it was creating all sorts of issues. I'm still wrestling with it but now windows installer keeps popping up with virtually everything I do. The setup window pops up and says "MSI must be launched through setup". When I click ok it pops back up 4-5 more times before giving up. I'm not real computer savy. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? Thanks

Dave

A:installer keeps popping up

Forgot to mention I'm running XP Pro on a Dell 2.4 P4. Thanks

dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installer-keeps-popping-up.322391/
Relevancy 57.19%

So I don't know what I did, but now when I run a .msi file or a setup.exe file, the window I get is either way bigger than my screen or the text is, like, 2pt. Any suggestions?
pictures:
either HUGE

or really small...

A:Windows Installer Window is HUGE/text is super small

Run a full scan with Malwarebytes

Then run SFC -SCANNOW Command

Do you remember when this started? If so try to System Restore to a point before the problem began. The programs which were installed since then might be causing the problem.

I would also want a Clean Boot and to scan logs and utilize System Resources given in these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/221332-windows-installer-window-huge-text-super-small.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My wife's system, inherited from her former job, is/was running extremely slow...slow to load, slow to download web pages. Additionally, an alert window "Windows Installer" is popping up everytime a new window opens (new IE window, etc). She had been using the system's programs at work, but doesn't need them any more: Dame Ware Mini Remote Control Server, OfficeScan, Hotsync, Gotomypc.

System Info: Dell Optiplex GX270, Pent. 4 CPU 2.8 GHz, 1GB/RAM, Windows XP (recently installed SP3)

Any and all assistance would be appreciated.

Steve

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/slow-system-windows-installer-window-constant-popup-300407.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Greetings.Now I am having problem everytime that I start up my PC, this Lineage II installation keeps on popping out everytime I start my PC. It was tolerable before I have to cancel it everytime but I'm getting annoyed by it.So I check on the start-up on msconfig but notice nothing on it. I run the windows task manager and found these one running and eventually disappear when I cancel the installation pop-up. The process arePnkbstrA.exePnkbstrB.exeIts located on windows/system32I would like to ask some technical people about these one. Are these files safe to delete? I have run a combofix.exe for now... some advised me to use this one on our forum.Thanks in advance.

A:Game installer keeps on popping out

Hello ayeika and welcome to BC I am shifting this topic from the HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum as you haven't posted any logs.Who advised you to run Combofix? ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert." It is NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.There are not a few posts I've seen in which someone used it and their computer became an expensive doorstop. You're lucky that yours hasn't.That said, what is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?What security programs do you have installed?Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/192074/game-installer-keeps-on-popping-out/
Relevancy 57.19%

One of the CA security center components keeps installing when I log on. This prevents me from uninstalling anything or installing anything new. Because it keeps installing (or is just installing), I can't even try to uninstall it because well, it's installing!

Help, please! Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ca-installer-popping-up-constantly-after-every-log-on.819909/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a question but installer vb6 up popping opening when vb.net first I would like to complain I have been developing with visual basic for over years now For the past few years I have been using VB Recently I purchased and installed Visual Basic NET This is a drastic departure from their previous programming environments and syntax It seams to me that Microsoft now thinks that all development should be web based and has brought forth NET for that purpose I happen to know that there are thousands of engineers out there that use vb for developing engineering solutions HMI s Utilities Controllers protocol converters etc and could give a sh t if they ever run on the web Thank you for indulging me Now my question vb.net installer popping up when opening vb6 my install of NET went without any problems but recently whenever I open VB I get the NET installer popping up stating that it needs to install some components This is before I attempt to open an application that could be using a NET component If I hit the cancel button - times I can proceed In vb.net installer popping up when opening vb6 an effort to satisfy this pig of a development environment I succumbed and inserted the requested NET CD only to wait for a half hour while the installer initially appeared to be doing something then appeared to just stop So I clicked Cancel the - obligitory times and proceeded to develop in the best development environment ever abandoned VB Any insight would be appreciated Coltsfan nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vb-net-installer-popping-up-when-opening-vb6.235723/
Relevancy 56.33%

I guess I'm missing something ovbvious here but it sure feels weird - every time I boot the pc the Sun Java runtime environment installer keeps popping up! Yup, I already have it installed in my system.. There is nothing in Autostart that does this, as far as I can see. Have used StarOffice but uninstalled it, no difference!

Any ideas about how to get rid of the thing?!

Thanks
/Niilo

A:Java runtime installer keeps popping up!

Did you just recently install JRE? If so, which version?
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/10450/java-runtime-installer-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 56.33%

So everytime my aunt starts up Aol(I know i tell her not to use aol but she just cant get rid of it, lol) a box pops up saying "Windows needs your permission to continue, if you started this action, cotinue" When i press continue it ask if i want to install this software "Adobe flash player" which is already installed and working correctly, even if i press yes, it will install then next time we start aol it will do the same thing. Does not happen anywhere else(I.E. or firefox) just in aol. I tried a couple things like registry cleaners, malwarebytes and hijackthis so far with no luck. Any way to fix this? Also tried uninstalling flash and reinstalling manually with no luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/391169/internet-explorer-add-on-installer-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 56.33%

Howdy.

I've run into a bit of a problem with a friend's computer. Every time I try to bring up AVG 2011 (free), or bring up Internet Explorer that I know uses an AVG add in, a pop-up box keeps coming up that's trying to install. The box won't do anything...just sits there. I've traced it back to AVG and this happens every time I open up an instance of AVG. The process (task manager) can be traced back to "avgui.exe"

I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but with no success. I'm away from the computer, so I can't run a Hijack report.

Any suggestions?

Robert

A:avgui.exe (AVG 2011) installer keeps popping up

Did you run the AVG Remover?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avgui-exe-avg-2011-installer-keeps-popping-up.990783/
Relevancy 56.33%

Help About months ago I installed office pro Everything went fine then the other day the installer popped up and asked for the cd to install powerpoint Powerpoint was already installed so I Office keeps Installer popping up 2003 clicked cancel and my powerpoint opened fine The next time it did it it was for Office 2003 Installer keeps popping up the MS Project This time I put the cd in and let it do its thing Then tonight I turn it on and wham as Office 2003 Installer keeps popping up soon as it boots into xp the installer pops up again wanting the cd for project Mind you at this point I had not clicked on anything I put in the cd the little progress Office 2003 Installer keeps popping up bar moved then it was done That was all What I want to know is what the devil is going on When it does this I can click cancel and open whichever program it says it needs to install and it works fine When installed everything was set to run from my computer Any suggestions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2003-installer-keeps-popping-up.220595/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,
When using MS Outlook or firing up IE, the "Windows Installer" window briefly pops up, sometimes flickering (as if multiple closings and openings are occuring), stating "Preparing to install ... ". Then the box goes away.

From what I can tell, nothing has installed.

In MS Outlook, this behavior always occurs when I am opening an email. In IE it only happens when I fire up Internet Explorer.

The only thing that has changed on my system prior to noticing this behavior is that I have installed the most recent versions of BlackBerry Desktop Manager and BlackBerry Device Mananger.

Thank You In Advance

A:Window Installer window briefly pops up

Hi Machine13705

It's possible that the blackberry installations tweaked a Registry setting, or didn't complete their installations elegantly.

I'd probably try the blackberry installation again as a first try. Then try running a Registry Cleaner such as CCleaner (in case loose ends are causing trouble --- http://www.download.com/CCleaner/300...ml?tag=lst-0-1 --- the "Issues" section of CCleaner is the one that helps clear up Registry oddballs).

If that doesn't help, for the Outlook behavior you can try Microsoft's suggested repair (in case it's the tweaked-Office Registry setting --- their quick-fix is a "Language version tool" that you can download and try, and they have two other possible repairs as well) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/265194

And, since you are running Windows XP -- you can always try the System Restore tool, using a restore point from just before you first installed the blackberry updates & the trouble started. You might have to reinstall the blackberry update again after this (but you might not! - it depends on where the settings are that were changed).

Last -- anytime you have unusual behavior from your system, it's a good idea to run some malware scans. Use the "thorough" or "High" settings.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

. . . And --- Welcome to the Tech Support Forums!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/window-installer-window-briefly-pops-up-120267.html
Relevancy 54.18%

We need suggestions for how to fix the Windows Task Manager display window. Specifically the Title bar, formula bar, and Tab Controls are not displayed. Only the subwindow task and status headers and application description area are displayed. This application description area fills the existing subwindow. Right mouse click is useless, we only see the option for "new item(run)", and the three "icon" options. We tried all of the display options displayed on the menu executed via a right mouse click on the Task Bar, and none of them helped. We need to be able to get to, view, and use the Title bar, formula bar, and Tab Controls. HELP

cewebster21

A:Windows XP Home - Corrupt Windows Task Manager Display Window

left double click on the top windows of taskmanager, it shoud expand task manager and show all the tabs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-corrupt-windows-task-manager-display-window.201765/
Relevancy 54.18%

"Please wait while windows configures Microsoft Office 2000 Premium" then it stops and a little pop up comes up and says "Error 1706. No Valid Source could be found for product Office 2000 Premium. The Windows Installer cannot continue" Then I click ok, and it says Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

It is really a PAIN IN THE BUTT! Its been going on for a relly long time and I just want to make it stop. Please help me?

A:"Please wait while Windows configures MS Office" window keeps popping up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-wait-while-windows-configures-ms-office-window-keeps-popping-up.546054/
Relevancy 53.75%

After the last window's update on Dec th failed my computer behaves strangely I tried to restore window's and network task open not not can Can shut down manager/ update/ manager the system to before the update but now I can not open window's update In normal mode the window update window freezes when opened In safe mode window update does not even open Also my task manager does not open in normal mode A taskmanager icon appears on the system tray but Can not open window's update/ task manager/ network manager and can not shut down the task manager does not show up Also the wireless network manager freezes when I try to access it in normal mode The system takes longer than usual to load in normal mode The system also frequently crashes while starting up in normal mode only a blank screen with a mouse arrow in the middle appears When I shut the computer down it freezes in log out screen so I have to manually shut it down The defragment also will not run There is serveral cases of service hang report in my problem log involving Nlasvc SstpSvc WinHttpAutoProxySvc I'm sure I don't have any malware in my system left since I checked it through the virus removal hijackthis forum as well as multiple virus scans still the problem persist

A:Can not open window's update/ task manager/ network manager and can not shut down

Hi boman,

Some questions:

You said you are sure you don't have any malware left. Did you have malware? And did you have malware when you tried to do the update which wasn't sucessful?

Do you have a cd with your computer?

Which Antivirus program are you using?

Zllio

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193127/can-not-open-windows-update-task-manager-network-manager-and-can-not-shut-down/
Relevancy 53.75%

As i said it in the title i would like to know how to disable it in windows 7 by using the REGISTRY? Thank you.

A:How to disable in the registry Desktop Window Manager Session Manager

Hello repair,

You could use OPTION FOUR in the tutorial below to disable the UxSms (Desktop Window Manager Session Manager) service.

Services - Start or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362464-how-disable-registry-desktop-window-manager-session-manager.html
Relevancy 53.32%

So I just upgraded from a GeForce 7300LE 128MB to an 8400GS 512MB. I have the latest drivers installed and no reverting to older drivers doesn't work. Desktop Window Manager is on some times and yet it does not keep Windows Aero on or sometimes it randomly reverts it to the basic colors. The only way I can fix it temporarily is by using the trouble shooting program for it. I'm pretty sure I have more than enough requirements for it and my system rating is 3.6 which is above 3.0 where Windows enables it. Also, appearently minimizing anything will cause my computer to freeze up for a second or two and sometimes changes it back to the Basic colors.

A:Windows Aero/Desktop Window Manager turns off randomly

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.Publish a Snapshot using SpeccyThe below is for those who cannot get onlinePlease take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357259/windows-aerodesktop-window-manager-turns-off-randomly/
Relevancy 53.32%

Almost every - mins IE window would randomly pop up and disappear No error message just a blank screen I don't use IE but Firefox Also when i click on Google links i keep popping keeps out window IE getting redirected to random sites not the one i clicked on I had to press the back button and click the link again to get the right link DDS-LogfileDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Yan at on FriInternet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Anti-Virus - SBC Yahoo Online Protection On-access scanning enabled Outdated CFD EA- CF- B -A B-BD A C AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS IE window keeps popping out system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC WINDOWS System GEARSec exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Program Files IE window keeps popping out Norton Ghost Agent VProSvc exeC Program Files Norton PC Checkup Norton PC Checkup Engine SymcPCCULaunchSvc exeC Nexon Mabinogi npkcmsvc exeC Program Files Norton PC Checkup Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exec WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC Program Files Norton PC Checkup Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC WINDOWS Explorer exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exeC WINDOWS system conime exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Steam steam exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint IPoint exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Documents and Settings Yan Desktop dds scrC WINDOWS system conime exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www msn comuDefault Page URL hxxp www msn commDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo commDefault Search URL hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo commSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo commStart Page hxxp www yahoo commSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search htmluInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreuURLSearchHooks AIM Toolbar Search Class f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - c program files aim toolbar aimtb dlluURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllmURLSearchHooks AIM Toolbar Search Class f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - c program files aim toolbar aimtb dllmWinlogon Shell Explorer exe mWinlogon SFCDisable x BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO AskBar BHO f d - - d - c -aa e ed - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dllBHO RealPlayer Download and Reco... Read more

A:IE window keeps popping out

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283458/ie-window-keeps-popping-out/
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently bought a new computer. HP Pavillion, AMD 64 Live!, with Windows Vista on it.

I am still trying to get used to it, but I do like it (esp. since my other computers are so darn slow now).

Well, for the last few days, it started acting up. It has these windows pop up...not matter where I go, or what I do...to a point that they even block me from accessing stuff.

It's just the simple window (sorry, not sure if it has a name) with like View, Sort by, Refresh, etc...on it, depending where I am at. I mean, I can turn the computer on and the window pops up. I get rid of it, it comes back over and over....

Does anyone else have this problem or know what this could be, please? Thanks.

A:this window keeps popping up

Hi colesmum

I'm new to vista also. I found that vista is just a whole lot more secure (sometimes too secure) so it always asks if the actions that are occurring have been authorized by you the user. Also you may find many programs wont work unless you run them as the administrator. Hope this helps.

Dalds

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/this-window-keeps-popping-up.650872/
Relevancy 53.32%

Quite a while back, I tried installing a printer, and something went wrong; I don't exactly remember the details, but here's the result:

Everytime I startup Windows, the window pops up declaring Windows has found new hardware ("Printer") and then attempts to help me out with the 'wizard'. I don't even have anything hooked up to the computer, yet it still claims it has found new hardware.

Does anyone know what I can do to convince my computer that I am not trying to install new hardware? I've even tried to indulge my computer in its attempts to search for the driver, and at the end of the process, when it says it cannot find the driver (and you can choose to NOT prompt again for this hardware), it still pops up after every startup (I don't even have DeepFreeze or anything else like that).

Any ideas?

Relevancy 53.32%

I am running Windows 7 on a VAIO laptop.

Error Message:
"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1-Insert Windows Installation disk and restrt computer.
2-Choose your language settings then click "next."
3-Click "Repair your computer

If you do not have this disk, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer

File: \BOOT\BCD

Info: An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data."
I don't have the installation disk, tried F10 and repair option, didn't work. Any options I can use without buying a disk for $50?

Relevancy 52.46%

HELP! My stupid Search-MS Window keeps popping up multiple times and I can't even work or type anything on my computer. THis is very annoying!

Please tell me how to either UNINSTALL or DISABLE this stupid thing.

Thanks,
I'm using a HP Pavilion dv9830us Notebook PC (Laptop) and Windows Vista.

Tony

A:HELP!! Search-MS Window Keeps Popping UP!!!

Sorry... I forgot to add.. I have run the latest version of Malware and also the latest version of SUPERAntiSpyWare Professional and also the latest version of CCleaner. Nothing has worked so far to remove this Search-MS window from popping up!
Tony

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-search-ms-window-keeps-popping-up.772203/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi All Using WinXp SP The problem is that after few minutes of logging in multiple default browser windows open up for no reason The windows open up in specific time intervals and also on certain events mouse clicks amp explorer exe ------ When i surf the internet the browser redirects to the homepage at regular intervals and its intensity increases with time almost to the extent of redirecting every half a second ------ The fun does not end here if i try another browser it results in window :-----( New keeps up popping browser the same These windows keep opening up till the extent of clogging the memory and freezing crashing my box I formatted C drive only and installed WinXP SP again but got infected soon after Installed QuickHeal Internet security Licenced and ran a scan and found New browser window keeps popping up :-----( nothing The problem has sobered some bit but is still cropping up I tried checking it my self and found that New browser window keeps popping up :-----( the process responsible for calling the default browser window is Explorer exe I have no idea how it got infected and am unable to trace the source I can format my entire pc but i really want to find the source PLEASE HELP Thanks

A:New browser window keeps popping up :-----(

Worth A Look.Why are you mentioning "infection" in your post? What makes you say that? Do you have any evidence of such occurring?IMO, your browser is probably damaged and the simple way to resolve that would be to uninstall/reinstall it...repair it...or reset it to default settings.If your system IS infected, none of the above matters and I need to move your topic to a malware forum...so please answer the questions I asked.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424555/new-browser-window-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am sick of the cortana window popping up even after i have that disable how do i get rid of this is there a way i can get it to stop popping up when i scroll?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/435428-how-do-i-get-rid-cortana-window-popping-up.html
Relevancy 52.46%

The last few days a window pops up. It is a "windows security alert". It states "detected spyware on your computer. It gives a tab to "remove all" or cancel.If you hit cancel it won't disappear. It just stays there. If you click "remove all" a window pops up saying "set-up_251.exe" "which is a binary file from: hXXp://antispywarel4.com.What is going on with my computer and how do I fix it? I am operating a windows vista. Thanks in advance for your help.MOD EDIT: Disabled dangerous link~~boopme

A:weird window keeps popping up

It looks like some infection.
Go to malware forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/285674/weird-window-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 52.46%

The main window of AVG keeps popping up whenever the shell extension scan I do gets done. How do I prevent this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avg-main-window-keeps-popping-up.895639/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi to all, using XP , when i go to click on a file, say documents and settings, the search window comes up instead, it keeps comning up, on what ever file i click on. Thanking you Dennis

A:Search window keeps popping up.

It involves a trip into the Registry

Courtesy of Bob Cerelli the usual fix is:
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#explorer_search

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/search-window-keeps-popping-up.462280/