Windows Support Forum

Error Msg:-Program requires that Microsoft Windows Script be installed

Q: Error Msg:-Program requires that Microsoft Windows Script be installed

Hi,

I've got a CAD program called 3D Canvas 7 - I've used it in the past but recently when I try to run the program it refuses to start and I get the error message:-

3D Canvas requires that Microsoft Windows Script be installed

As far as I can see Windows Script is installed as part of Windows 7 ?

I tried a fresh install of the very latest version of the above program which is 3D Crafter 9 (really a new program) - but again got the same result.

The only real change to my computer recently is a utility called TuneUp Utilities 2012 - I can't see any indication that it has de-activated the script - but I could be wrong of course.

I've tried a lot of internet searches on Windows 7 Script problems without luck.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Regards
Paul

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Error Msg:-Program requires that Microsoft Windows Script be installed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Error Msg:-Program requires that Microsoft Windows Script be installed

Quote: Originally Posted by rd84

Hi,

I've got a CAD program called 3D Canvas 7 - I've used it in the past but recently when I try to run the program it refuses to start and I get the error message:-

3D Canvas requires that Microsoft Windows Script be installed

As far as I can see Windows Script is installed as part of Windows 7 ?

I tried a fresh install of the very latest version of the above program which is 3D Crafter 9 (really a new program) - but again got the same result.

The only real change to my computer recently is a utility called TuneUp Utilities 2012 - I can't see any indication that it has de-activated the script - but I could be wrong of course.

I've tried a lot of internet searches on Windows 7 Script problems without luck.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Regards
Paul

If the problem started after installing TuneUp Utilities, I suggest you try uninstalling it and test the results. I generally don't recommend 3rd party utilities such as this one because they are mostly nothing more than snake oil and have been know to cause more problems than they cure.

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/259524-error-msg-program-requires-microsoft-windows-script-installed.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have a program that wanted to install in a document folder

I have installed it in Program Files, but it requires elevation or it produces errors when running. I know I can tick the Run As ... box in the shortcut, but is there a better way, such as taking ownership of the install folder?

A:Program installed in Program Files requires elevation?

You could try using this tutorial to see if it helps with this program.
Elevated Program Shortcut - Create for Standard User

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/293193-program-installed-program-files-requires-elevation.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I had to do a clean install of my XP professional on my 2 year old computer. Now when I go to reinstall my studio 11 plus program, it says that I need Service Pack 2 on my computer. It is already there, so how do I get around this enigma? I am some what of a self made geek myself, but do come across some weird stuff from time to time. Can somebody help? I tried the directions given by the Pinnacle website where I put the install program into a folder on my desktop and install from safe mode. Safe mode installation had the same message come up.

A:Pinnacle Studio program requires service pack 2 - that is already installed?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

You can download it and reinstall it, although you really should have SP3 installed to have minimal O/S security at this date. From SP2 to SP3, there are more than over 100 critical updates you may be missing.

Your O/S may be damaged currently, installing SP2 or SP3 may overcome such.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/370305/pinnacle-studio-program-requires-service-pack-2-that-is-already-installed/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hallo,

I have Windows 7 (32-bit).

I recently uninstalled and re-installed two programs of mine which use Flash (IWisoft SWF to Video Converter and Moyea SWF to Video Converter Pro). I've used these programs in the past with no problems.

When I now try and open them I get the following error message:

"This program requires flash.ocx, which is no longer included in this version of Windows".

A popular solution is to change an .ocx file in WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/MACROMEDIA/FLASH to "flash.ocx". This doesn't work for me.

I use Firefox and have the latest version of Flash installed. I've also uninstalled and re-installed Flash, but to no avail.

Any help is appreciated!

A:Error: This program requires flash.ocx, which is no longer included...

Here is a good read on your error message.

Download Flash.ocx download and how to fix the 'Cannot find the file flash.ocx' error Windows Tips - Software Patch.

One solution is a reinstall. Which you have already tried. Bit prior to the install after uninstalling you should get the uninstall file from the flash site.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...r-windows.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/259194-error-program-requires-flash-ocx-no-longer-included.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Dear All I would like to install the program Treefinder http www treefinder de to a notebook with Windows Vista Home Premium The installation script is in a file quot install js quot ------- var WSHShell WScript CreateObject quot WScript Shell quot var path WScript ScriptFullName var tfdir path substr path lastIndexOf quot quot var env WSHShell Environment quot SYSTEM quot env Item quot TFDIR quot tfdir var shortcut WSHShell CreateShortcut tfdir quot -TREEFINDER- lnk quot shortcut TargetPath tfdir quot treefinder js quot shortcut WorkingDirectory quot quot shortcut WindowStyle shortcut IconLocation tfdir quot icon ico quot shortcut Save ------- The machine has java version quot quot Java TM SE Runtime Environment build -b Java HotSpot TM Client VM build -b mixed mode sharing If I double click quot install js quot I get the error message --------------------------- Windows Script Host --------------------------- Script C Program Files Treefinder v install js Line Char Error Permission denied Code A Source Microsoft JScript runtime error --------------------------- Perhaps this quot permission quot error is easy to correct but I do not know how to go about it I thought it might have been connected with the Windows Security Center Firewall but if I disabled the firewall and immediately tried install js I got the same error I would be grateful for suggestions--including a different place to take this request if this is not a good place for it--and I will be glad to provide additional details I can check in here and post back around this time of day Geoff Microsoft runtime Script Windows JScript Permission [SOLVED] denied, Host, error

A:[SOLVED] Windows Script Host, Permission denied, Microsoft JScript runtime error

Hi Geoff, Welcome to TSF!

Vista being Vista, can be very cantankerous at times.

I use this little utility (Click the coloured link) to over these situations....give it a try and post back with the results.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-script-host-permission-denied-microsoft-jscript-runtime-error-235900.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I was missing program requires windows codec this able too get to this point on my own well with help from reading varios posts I was not able to get the gmer program this program requires missing windows codec to run so I did as another thread had mentioned and skipped that step here is the ddsDDS this program requires missing windows codec Ver - - - NTFSX Run by Ol Otis at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Spybot - Search and Destroy enabled Updated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows system atiesrxx exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exeC Windows system atieclxx exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system taskhost exeC Program Files x Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exeC Program Files x Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files x Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows SysWOW IoctlSvc exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exec Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exeC Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection ProtectionUtilSurrogate exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exeC Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC Windows SysWOW atwtusb exeC Windows SysWOW TBLMOUSE EXEC Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files x Epson Software Event Manager EEventManager exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint x SetPoint exeC Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobileC Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exec Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Users Ol Otis AppData Local Temp gcAUDwlskq exeC Program Files x Apple Software Update SoftwareUpdateFiles Resources de lproj AppleSoftwareUpdateFilesLocalized exeC Program Files x QuickTime QTSystem QuickTime Resources sv lproj QuickTimeQuickTime exeC Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared VBA VBA BasicEnvironment exeC Users Ol Otis AppData Local Temp gcAUDwlskq exeC Users Ol Otis AppData Local Temp gcAUDwlskq exeC Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared VBA VBA BasicEnvironment exeC Users Ol Otis AppData Local Temp gcAUDwlskq exeC Users Ol Otis AppData Local Temp gcAUDwlskq exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exeC Windows system WUDFHost exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Program Files x Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNetC Windows system taskmgr exeC Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Interne... Read more

A:this program requires missing windows codec

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process. Please also continue to work with me until I give you the all clear. Even if your computer appears to act better, you may still be infected.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Once we start working together, please reply back within 3 days or this thread may be closed so we can help others who are waiting.We need to create an OTL report,Please download OTL from this link.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:netsvcsmsconfigdrivers32 /all%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\system32\*.sys /90%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*%systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll%systemroot%\*. /mp /s/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32ahcix86s.sysnvrd32.sysuser32.dllws2_32.dll/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /sHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AUCREATERESTOREPOINTClick the Quick Scan button.The scan should take a few minutes.Please copy and paste both logs in your reply.In your reply, please post both OTL logs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329832/this-program-requires-missing-windows-codec/
Relevancy 64.5%

I tried to open some video files i have on my computer but my media player (gom player) would come up with an error and say this program required a missing windows codec. The same problem occurred when i tried to play with windows media player.
I ran malwarebyte and avast antivirus scans which have some removed some items. Yet now when i restart my computer it says this program required a missing codec.

The option that the program compatibility assistant gives is to go to the totalcodec.com website and pay to supposedly fix this problem.
Thanks

A:program requires a missing windows codec

Hello, We need a deeper look. Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.Let me know if that went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/314731/program-requires-a-missing-windows-codec/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello, I would like help whith the following problem/issue.

I am running Windows Vista home premium with service pack 2, 64-bit operating system. I have Microsoft Office 2007installed. I have been using Office 2007 for over 2 years now, late Feb this year I started having problems with Office 2007 loading.

When I open an office program regardless of which program in office (Word, Excel, Power Point) windows installer would pop up and began to install the program and an error would pop up stating that Microsoft "word/excel/PP" has not been install for the current user. Please run setup to install the application.

I am at a loss on how to solve this proplem. I am very frustrated because I have used this program for over 2 years and now it's like I don't have it installed. I have searched the internet and nothing gives me a solution for my problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks for your time.

A:"Microsoft <program name> has not been installed for the current user"

Hi

Do you have the Office setup CD in hand ? . Did you try re installing ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493294/microsoft-program-name-has-not-been-installed-for-the-current-user/
Relevancy 61.92%

Whenever I try to open my Office 03 programs I now get this error.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still no good.  I can see my inbox behind the message but as soon as I click ok the whole program shuts down.  Please help!

A:"Microsoft outlook (or other office program) not installed for current user"

Log on to the computer by using an Administrator user account.
Start Microsoft Windows Explorer.
On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.
Click to clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box, and then click OK.
Open the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\

If you are running Office 2003, right-click Opa11.dat, and then click Properties. If you are running Office XP, right-click Data.dat, and then click Properties.
Click the Security tab.
Click Advanced.
Click the Permissions tab.
Click to select Everyone in the Permission entries list, and then click Edit.
Click to select the Full Control check box.
Click OK three times.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520001/microsoft-outlook-or-other-office-program-not-installed-for-current-user/
Relevancy 61.92%

Somehow I deleted my microsoft word program and can't retrieve it. I tried restoring the computer to an earlier time but that didn't work either. Whenever I try to access the word program I get a prompt that tells me to install the disk. I do not have the disk because the program were on the hp pc when I bought it. I called HP but they say they can't help and then called MS and they want to charge me for talking with them. Anyone, know how I can reinstall the program (legally)? My feeling is that it should be still somewhere in my computer - I just don't know how to access it.

A:Help, I've accidentally deleted my factory installed microsoft word program

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-ive-accidentally-deleted-my-factory-installed-microsoft-word-program.376048/
Relevancy 61.06%

The following pop up error message appears when I try to double-click on an external drive from My Computer Windows Script HostCan not find script file quot H FS dll vbs quot I have posted my hijack this log Any help would do thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS "h:/fs6519.dll.vbs" Not Host, Error: Displays File Windows Script Script Find Can SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Jukebox ymetray exeC Program Files Last fm LastFMHelper exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Displays Error: Windows Script Host, Can Not Find Script File "h:/fs6519.dll.vbs" Alcohol StarWind StarWindService Displays Error: Windows Script Host, Can Not Find Script File "h:/fs6519.dll.vbs" exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Last fm LastFM exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC Program Files uTorrent utorrent exeC Program Files ImTOO iPod movie Converter videoenc exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exeC Program Files ImTOO iPod movie Converter avc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files VideoLAN VLC vlc exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO VMNTOOLBAR - E BD F- B D- E- DA -FD BB AAE - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO no name - edbf bc - ab- eb-a a -c eb c e - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot iconO - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -startO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startupO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HK... Read more

A:Displays Error: Windows Script Host, Can Not Find Script File "h:/fs6519.dll.vbs"

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum. My name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Apologies for the late response,as i'm sure you can appreciate we are extremely busy.If you've already recieved help at another forum and your issues have been resolved,or you're presently recieving help elsewhere then please let us know.If you have not followed the info in the link below prior to posting your log then please do so now:Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/If you still require help,please post a new Hijackthis log into this topic in your next reply.Also post a detailed description of the issues you're experiencing.*Note*Post all reports/logs directly into this topic,not as attachments,thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128952/displays-error-windows-script-host-can-not-find-script-file-hfs6519dllvbs/
Relevancy 61.06%

gang I found an old post here that describes my situation something I caused but don t know how to undo The system in question has Windows XP Professional and MS Office Professional the main reason for which is OUTLOOK When Outlook cranks up it triggers an error message which is in my subject line quot Outlook requires Microsoft Outlook Express or greater quot The system of course also has OE on it which we don t use but it does work etc The issue is me I use autoruns to shut off everything non-mandatory and as another thread-poster identified there is something in the list of goods that I have disabled that OE is dependent on or Outlook Solved: error: Outlook requires Express Microsoft 4.01 greater if I understand the old thread properly The problem is that the poster OP in that thread said he found the key but he didn t NAME THE ENTRIES Thus I dunno which ones he reversed that made the issue go away if anyone knows pls let me know so I can fix my goof thx Z nbsp

A:Solved: error: Outlook requires Microsoft Outlook Express 4.01 or greater

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-error-outlook-requires-microsoft-outlook-express-4-01-or-greater.1007708/
Relevancy 60.63%

When I attempt to open anything with Adobe,it loads the page but then a box comes up with the following message:
Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. "
Uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe was no help.Be aware,I'm pretty 'puter illiterate.

A:Solved: Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\A

Until more experienced help comes along, leave Adobe uninstalled and try the Free Foxit Reader, it reads PDF files and loads a bit quicker and is lighter on resources and takes a hell of lot less disk space.
Ray

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-visual-c-debug-library-runtime-error-program-c-program-files-a.954202/
Relevancy 57.62%

hey friends, i was trying to uninstall nokia pc suite but the process dd not finish and now everytime am trying to install the pc suite again am receiving this error 'another program is being installed. Please wait until that installation is complete, and then try installing this software again. please help me to solve this bug am stuck

A:Error: Another program is being installed

You could try:

Delete all folders and files created from the first, failed installation.
Perform a System Restore to a date before you attempted the install

Then try again

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/161782-error-another-program-being-installed.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Im MMC 5.5 internet to or explorer greater installed requires be Solved: getting that on alot of stuff I dont remember where any settings are to turn off internet explorer for use in windows stuff if that would help I get this for my admin tools and my device list in hardware system properties Where is windows xps settings to check default programs etc Solved: MMC requires internet explorer 5.5 or greater to be installed I set it to use internet explorer in set program access and defaults but it still wont work I was going to uninstall and reinstall Service pack and see if i could reload that internet explorer after installing an njstar japanese explorer and after a problem with my WMI file possibly being corupted but it wont uninstall properly from remove programs should have the thread linked in my sig I dled the other internet explorer from windows site and installed it so that it was working properly and i could acess my bank again because something was causing alot of buttons to not be recognized all of a sudden on most pages I dont think it was the njstar i think it was the dl of the windows update for dr watson batching up my computer I think it was screwing with my other virus scanner because of the default setting on install can anyone help I use windows xp pro I still dont have where everything is on this operating system memorized and dont remember all the time where certain tools are for it nbsp

A:Solved: MMC requires internet explorer 5.5 or greater to be installed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mmc-requires-internet-explorer-5-5-or-greater-to-be-installed.345095/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi.

First post here. I've been volunteering at our local library, providing some tech support. I finally got all their computers upgraded to Window 10 just before the end of July( and the free upgrade period ). I hadn't noticed at the time that some of the computers didn't have Office 2010 installed on them, and some of the patrons have been asking for it.

The library does have a volume license for Office 2010 Professional Plus. I got on the MS site, and downloaded the .iso file for that, and the product key, and am trying to install it. I'm getting an error that says

This product requires Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 or above

Everything I've found on the web indicates Office 2010 is certified to run on Windows 10.

Not really sure what I need to do.

Any help is appreciated!

Marc

A:Error installing Office 2010 on Win 10, requires Windows 2008 SP2

This problem appears to pre-date Windows 10. The last 'do it myself' solution offered here would seem to be the one you want..

Method 2: Turn off compatibility modeTo resolve this issue, you must disable compatibility mode before you try to install Office 2010.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2267642

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/63790-error-installing-office-2010-win-10-requires-windows-2008-sp2.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello

I'm trying to get this program called nvidia inspector to work and it keeps giving me a error telling me its unable to find a verson of runtime to run this application.

I've looked in the control panel and it shows .net framework 1-4.
Has anyone used this program and came across this problem? Any help would be appreciated. (I was kinda confused on where to post this so sorry if its in the wrong section).

A:Need help with a program that requires .net

Run the Dotnetfix cleanup tool. Remove all versions of dot net framework and then restart now go back to Windows Update and download them all again in the right order. One of them has become corrupted.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-help-with-a-program-that-requires-net-544254.html
Relevancy 56.33%

when I try to get into local services under administrative tools in control panel. When I uninstall IE7 and go back to IE6 there is no problem. Any suggestions? thx (btw, I've got firefox and opera on board)--just so there won't be any "just dump IE7" posts. sometimes you need IE.

A:Solved: installed IE 7, now getting "Internet explorer script error"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installed-ie-7-now-getting-internet-explorer-script-error.558613/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all I m running windows xp pro sp on a partitioned intel mac and have had problems for about a week with a popup message on startup I thought it was restricted to games purchased from Big Fish Games but have now discovered it is affecting other programs too specifically today Dragon Naturally Speaking Basically I cannot open up some programs because of the following pop up message Additionally each time I boot up I have to validate my copy of windows again It validates ok then the following pop up appears before I ve even tried to open a program Heading Key This Security A Program Requires Key required This program requires a security key If you have one select OK to enter it After entering a valid key you will not be prompted again I ve run the Avast virus checker which can t find anything and I ve also downloaded and run windows defender - This Program Requires A Security Key again with no negative results Does anyone have any suggestions Thanks Sharon

A:This Program Requires A Security Key

Worth a look, related situation: http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:pn7xI...;cd=5&gl=usEdited to overcome bad link post. Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156889/this-program-requires-a-security-key/
Relevancy 55.9%

I recently had my computer power source die on me I sent it to Program Error windowsxp newly installed on Messages the man who built it for me months ago and he preplaced it He managed to save my Program Error Messages on newly installed windowsxp old files with a software program and gave them to me on a cd He then reinstalled windowsXP for me and put a downloaded zipped version of juno internet on the desktop I picked Program Error Messages on newly installed windowsxp up my computer yesterday and brought him home Plugged him all in and went to install a zipped version of Juno the builder repairer put on there I got to the part where it was going to look for local access numbers but it detected no dial tone I checked my phone Dead No power to it even Went and checked the same line downstairs Nothing But the other line the downstairs one worked just fine I called the phone company they didn t have a clue So I went to walmart and bought a ft phone cord and managed to string it up from the downstairs line to my room Well there are two phone jacks on the back of the computer one says phone one says line I forgot which one to use to I tried phone first No dial tone I go to pull the plug out and its stuck REALLY stuck I had to get a knife and pry the er out stuck It had a burr on the plastic tab that caused it to get stuck So I broke the tab off Then I plugged it into the jack marked line Went to open my Juno program and got an error message that the program had a problem and it was going to close I tried reinstalling it from the zip It gave me two error messages the first one saying something about a language or script error I think and the second one saying there was a problem with the program ikernel exe which I think is an installation program So then I tried to dial up via the internet connection wizard Got a dial tone but it claimed the number never answered All of a sudden the upstairs phone line started working again and I plugged that one in instead Still didn t work I got frusterated by then Majorly So I gave up I took a shower and thought I d install that DivX player and watch the last episode of Young Ones It looked like it installed fine but when I click it I get that error message like I do from Juno that is has to close Any ideas at all I am at a total loss nbsp

A:Program Error Messages on newly installed windowsxp

UPDATE: When I got home and turned my computer back on, it let me reinstall juno and I got no error messages. I don't pretend to understand it. But I'm grateful.

If a mod could close or rid the forum of this thread, it would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-error-messages-on-newly-installed-windowsxp.252501/
Relevancy 55.47%

This thread was about the August 14th "Patch Tuesday" patches causing this issue but I have since determined IE7 is the culprit. It is the most bizarre thing i have ever see in all my years of computing. Whatever IE7 did to the machine, even un-installing IE7 and reverting back to IE6, still keeps the system change that is causing this behavior to occur. It is certainly not the Group Policies as disabling them doesn't make a difference. What I need now is a tool that can show me a "before and after" of all changes that have occurred to figure out what's getting broken.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/guest-users-cant-mount-a-usb-drive-after-ie7-is-installed-requires-admin-rights.613194/
Relevancy 55.47%

A CPU issue has just come to light on my Win IE Compaq Presario laptop Up to of CPU is being used by the above although the current CPU use is lower wscript exe K Microsoft reg Windows Based Script Script by Host CPU Windows Based useage Microsoft High Host SearchFilterHost exe K Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host SearchProtocolHost exe K Microsoft High CPU useage by Microsoft Windows Based Script Host Windows Search Protocol Host SearchIndexerHost exe K Microsoft High CPU useage by Microsoft Windows Based Script Host Windows Search Indexer An initial search of the web is frightening Some nasties often disguise them selves as some of these but most of the sites that said this gave me a free registry scan with the usual very high number of problems found and send to fix your problem I run MBAM weekly I'd gone to OneMoreLevel com - I'm not what you'd call a 'gamer' but I do occasionally play Lightning Pool and other simple stuff The screen ran very slowly but as there were adverts for 'Faster Broadband' and 'Speed up your PC' I cynically thought that the slow speed was deliberate But just going to my Home page BBC News showed the CPU useage I used the Windows System Maintenance tool but no success I ran MBAM but that showed no problems Has anyone any suggestions for how I can now check if I've a problem please Why apparently should a bit program be involved when my PC is bit Am I right not to use stand-alone Registry Cleaners Thank you

A:High CPU useage by Microsoft Windows Based Script Host

PS (Couldn't find an 'edit' function) Some nasties often disguise themselves as some of these should have had quote marks and read

"Some nasties often disguise themselves as some of these" was one of the comments that was frightening. Hope that makes sense!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532245/high-cpu-useage-by-microsoft-windows-based-script-host/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an error that I get every time I reboot my system.

"This program requires the file advrcntr5.dll, which was not found on this system."

I don't remember ever having Nero installed on this system.
I don't see anything Nero in Programs/features Uninstall list.
I have run the Nero General CleanTool utility.
I have run CCleaner (updated version)
I done a search in the registry for:
Nero
advrcntr5.dll
With nothing found.
I have re-booted my system.

What can I do to get rid of this error window?

Win7 sp1 Pro 32bit
Antivirus: Bitdefender

Thank you,

Docfxit

A:This program requires the file advrcntr5.dll

Hi docfxit We'll try to find what cause this with Autoruns, so I'll need a log.Autoruns - Start-up EntriesFollow the instructions below to give me an Autoruns log containing your start-up entries:Download Autoruns.zip from the Sysinternals Suite webpage;Extract the content of the Autoruns.zip folder where you want, then go in the folder, right-click on Autoruns.exe and select Run as Administrator;Accept the EULA on opening, then wait for all the entries to load;Click on File then Save and save the file to a location easily accessible as a .arn (Autoruns) file;Go on ge.tt and upload the Autoruns file you saved;Once done, post the download URL of your uploaded file in your next reply;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573638/this-program-requires-the-file-advrcntr5dll/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a desktop icon for opening CorelPaint Shop Pro Photo XI that has a yellow security sheild on it (not the case for 10 other program shortcuts). Executing the shortcut brings up an "Unknown Publisher" UAC warning. Not a show stopper but annoying as all get out. I have been playing with the Security properties for the shortcut and the exe file to get this to go away but no joy.
Does anyone have a step by step to stop this behavior?

A:Program shortcut requires UAC permission?

Select your product from the Corel Website and see if there is an update for your operating system. It might resolve compatibility issues.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/gb/en/Content/1153321224268 - Corel Updates

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/49000-program-shortcut-requires-uac-permission.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I am new here so a week ago chrome and mozilla was installed to my pc not by me Chrome was in a folder Cant internet Connect any that to requires program called quot Gotoe quot and had ourstartpage the virus malware i think So Cant Connect to any program that requires internet i installed AVG antivirus i had windows defender before and HitmanPro Then i cleaned my pc After that i downloaded Malwarebytes for additional safety Everything was perfectly fine but couple of days later my ping in CS GO was really high but i didnt worry about it Then i couldnt connect to Teamspeak Steam Origin Battle net etc I tried ipocnfig renew but it said quot No operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media disconnected quot After that i tried ipconfig release and ipconfig renew With renew it said the same as before So i uninstalled malwarebytes and installed adwcleaner I cleaned my pc with adwcleaner and restarted my pc and here i am P S - My browser is working fine i have opera nbsp

A:Cant Connect to any program that requires internet

but after i reinstalled and deleted everything on my windows, i dont think its malware

https://malwaretips.com/threads/cant-connect-to-any-program-that-requires-internet.62922/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello, hope someone can help me please, am struggling a bit with this one as i know something is not quite right but i don't know what it is.

ran a repair (f8) on bootup and got these resuts

prob sig 01 6.1.7600.16385
02 6.1.7600.16385
03 unknown
04 181
05 manual repair
06 1
07 no root cause
os version 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
locale ID 1033

ran a sfc /scannow and got these results (cbs.log attached)

if there is anyone skilled at deciphering these cbs logs i would appreciate some help

cheers
BlindMan

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/383964-error-running-chkdsk-recently-installed-program-preventing.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Pardon my ignorance.

I don't know what is happening here. I can play this video on my other machines and I haven't any of the things on those machines this message is recommending.

A:The program you are trying to run requires a current Indeo codec.

Indeo appears to be associated with QuickTime on my system.
Perhaps it (QT) is loaded on the others.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-program-you-are-trying-to-run-requires-a-current-indeo-codec.400538/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have windows XP SP3 and I mounted mdf file using VirtualClone but I get the fallowing message:

Director Player 6.0
"This program requires at least 3MB of free virtual memory to run"

I check Drive C Virtual memory and I find it to be 1512 MB which should be enough

A:This program requires at least 3MB of free virtual memory to run

Several Google hits suggest that setting the virtual memory to greater than 4000 MB should work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/this-program-requires-at-least-3mb-of-free-virtual-memory-to-run.944179/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I am new here so a week ago chrome and mozilla was installed to my pc not by me Chrome was in a folder called quot Gotoe quot and had ourstartpage the virus malware i think So i installed AVG antivirus i had windows defender before and HitmanPro Then i cleaned my pc After that i downloaded Malwarebytes for additional safety Everything was perfectly fine but couple of days later my ping in CS GO was really high but i didnt worry about it Then i couldnt requires program Malwarebytes Cant any Connect that after to internet connect to Teamspeak Steam Origin Battle net etc I tried ipocnfig renew but it said quot No operation can be performed Cant Connect to any program that requires internet after Malwarebytes on Ethernet while it has its media disconnected quot After that i tried ipconfig release and ipconfig renew With renew it said the same as before So i uninstalled malwarebytes and installed adwcleaner I cleaned my pc with adwcleaner and restarted my pc and here i am P S - My browser is working fine i have opera nbsp

A:Cant Connect to any program that requires internet after Malwarebytes

tried ipconfig /all too

https://malwaretips.com/threads/cant-connect-to-any-program-that-requires-internet-after-malwarebytes.62878/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi netframework error occurred Unhandled exception has occurred in your application If you click Continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue sharecash downloader program to download When I run the program This message appears Smtp error similar programs or server connection error occurs When I run the application exe Net framework standalone install See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT Microsoft i error Netframework a to a trying run when get program debugging instead when trying to run a program i get a Microsoft Netframework error of this dialog box Exception Text System ComponentModel Win Exception x at System Diagnostics Process StartWithShellExecuteEx ProcessStartInfo startInfo at System Diagnostics Process Start at System Diagnostics Process Start ProcessStartInfo when trying to run a program i get a Microsoft Netframework error startInfo at System Diagnostics Process Start String fileName at WindowsApplication Form Timer Tick Object sender EventArgs e at System Windows Forms Timer OnTick EventArgs e at System Windows Forms Timer TimerNativeWindow WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms NativeWindow Callback IntPtr hWnd Int msg IntPtr wparam IntPtr lparam Loaded Assemblies mscorlib Assembly Version Win Version RTMLDR - CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorlib dll ---------------------------------------- WindowsApplication Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file C Users Downloads ShareCash downloader exe ---------------------------------------- Microsoft VisualBasic Assembly Version Win Version built by RTMRel CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft Net assembly GAC MSIL Microsoft VisualBasic v b f f f d a a Microsoft VisualBasic dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version Win Version built by RTMLDR CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft Net assembly GAC MSIL System v b a c e System dll ---------------------------------------- System Core Assembly Version Win Version built by RTMLDR CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft Net assembly GAC MSIL System Core v b a c e System Core dll ---------------------------------------- System Windows Forms Assembly Version Win Version built by RTMLDR CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft Net assembly GAC MSIL System Windows Forms v b a c e System Windows Forms dll ---------------------------------------- System Drawing Assembly Version Win Version built by RTMLDR CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft Net assembly GAC MSIL System Drawing v b f f f d a a System Drawing dll ---------------------------------------- System Runtime Remoting Assembly Version Win Version RTMRel - CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft Net assembly GAC MSIL System Runtime Remoting v b a c e System Runtime Remoting dll ---------------------------------------- JIT Debugging To enable just-in-time JIT debugging the config file for this application or computer machine config must have the jitDebugging value set in the system windows forms section The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled For example lt configuration gt lt system windows forms jitDebugging quot true quot gt lt configuration gt When JIT debugging is enabled any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box nbsp

A:when trying to run a program i get a Microsoft Netframework error

run from the run box

sfc /scannow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-trying-to-run-a-program-i-get-a-microsoft-netframework-error.1069377/
Relevancy 54.18%

If I leave my computer running every couple of weeks I return to find the message quot Operating system cannot be found quot I can recover by using the weeks. couple recover. Windows... Requires message found." cannot Happens "Operating be of every system Error FIXBOOT to repair disk and the FIXBOOT command I fear that one of these days the Error message "Operating system cannot be found." Happens every couple of weeks. Requires FIXBOOT to recover. Windows... repair will not work I am also concerned about what else may be happening if this is malicious I am running Windows XP Home on a Dell Dimension I have been told that it is probably a boot sector virus A co-worker told me to try Hijack This and post the log to a forum so here I am The log is posted below I would very appreciative for any help that could be offered Thank You Wayne PassonBurnsville MN Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Linksys Linksys Updater bin LinksysUpdater exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEc PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system java exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exeC Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exeC PROGRA DATACA FLashKsk exeC Program Files Creative ShareDLL CtNotify exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files Creative ShareDLL Mediadet exeC Program Files Linksys Linksys EasyLink Advisor Linksys EasyLink Advisor exeC Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpupdchk exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office OLFSNT EXEc PROGRA mcafee msc mcuimgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http frontier my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search y... Read more

A:Error message "Operating system cannot be found." Happens every couple of weeks. Requires FIXBOOT to recover. Windows...

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199875/error-message-operating-system-cannot-be-found-happens-every-couple-of-weeks-requires-fixboot-to-recover-windows-xp-home-on-dell-dimension-4550/
Relevancy 54.18%

UPDATE Problem sorted THANKS Hi guys I the to requires program reboot..." "Setup detected that computer has another m really glad I found this forum and hope you can help I was infected with AV Security Suite ran all the recommended programs such as GMER TDDS Killer rkill and malwarebytes and my PC seems to be clean now "Setup has detected that another program requires the computer to reboot..." When I ran Combofix I didn t manage to disable Avast so I decided to uninstall it On re-installing the program I repeatedly encountered the following prompt Setup has detected that another program setup requires the computer to reboot You must reboot the computer before installing avast Once the system reboots you need to restart setup If you decide to continue application may not work correctly Do you want to continue Yes NoOf course I said no each time and I m now wondering what that quot other program setup quot could be I disabled the Windows firewall "Setup has detected that another program requires the computer to reboot..." finished the Windows Update Manager all to no avail An Adobe Acrobat Reader Update icon that appears on my taskbar during startup seems kinda genuine when I move the cursor over it or right click it actually "Setup has detected that another program requires the computer to reboot..." says the name and I can close it so I doubt that s the problem but I m not sure Any idea what that other program setup that requires the computer to reboot could be On the web I found the following help for this problem quot Modifying the Windows Registry quot but I don t want to mess with the registry unless absolutely necessary even though I have done a back-up with ERUNT Method Modify the Windows Registry Click Start click Run type regedit and then click OK Locate and then click the following registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager In the right pane right-click PendingFileRenameOperations and then click Delete Would you recommend this action Many thanks in advance MichaelEDIT Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum Hamluis UPDATE Problem sorted THANKS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329237/setup-has-detected-that-another-program-requires-the-computer-to-reboot/
Relevancy 54.18%

Well then. How bout that? I should have just gotten Vista 32bit. I just tried to install a program on Vista and Vista turned up it's nose.
Sorry Dwayne, but I refuse to install this driver. It hasn't been signed!

And I replied with, You fool, this is a legit program, there's nothing wrong with it. It will work just fine. Install it.

And vista says to me, Well I don't want to.

Then I replied with, do it anyway. Your my computer, my operating system, you do what I say.

And then Vista laughed.

Is there a work around that I can set up to get Vista to install these "unsigned drivers"?

A:Requires signed drivers... program may not work properly

you have to run Vista with the option to allow for unsigned drivers - reboot, hit F8 repeatedly until you get the Vista menu, and select (I beleive) Allow Vista to use unsigned drivers.

Be warned, though that this is something you'll have to do *every time* you boot.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/167639-requires-signed-drivers-program-may-not-work-properly.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello Masters of Access

I have written a reservation program in Microsoft Access and when I open my form I get the following message "reserved error (-1517); there is no message for this error". At this point I can click ok or help When I click help it says "Reserved error <Item>; there is no message for this error. (Error 3000)
An unexpected error occurred. The specified code identifies the conditions under which this error can occur. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for more information."

I have shut down and done a compact and repair but it keeps coming back

Any help?

Relevancy 53.75%

Not that this matters but I'm years old I installed Windows about an hour ago I absolutely love this OS It's refreshing and a new take on an outdated product and I feel it's a step in the right direction I'm definitely tipping my hat to Microsoft because after reading reviews I was honestly expecting the worst Turns out it's actually pretty great The installation time was much much less than 8 Just Microsoft Windows - installed A+ that of the previous Microsoft OS The quick installation process caught me off guard as I was expecting similar times to Windows It took at most Just installed Windows 8 - A+ Microsoft minutes for me to be set up and ready to go A nice feature it had was to auto download drivers during setup though I have had Windows XP and be ready to go immediately with drivers installed I'm not really sure why everyone I spoke to Just installed Windows 8 - A+ Microsoft had so much trouble figuring Windows out I have a friend who advised against getting Windows because he said it took him weeks to figure out how to shut the computer down but it turns out my friend may be lacking common sense The first thing I done once I got the computer set up was go to the desktop app to look for a shutdown option No option Ok Maybe the start menu has a option to shutdown No option Hmm Maybe if I click my name and sign out of the account like I use to be able to with Windows XP with multiple user accounts there might be a shutdown option Sure enough there was the option to put the computer to sleep restart shutdown etc Another problem that I heard people complain about was the lack of icons on the desktop and that they could never find My Computer My Documents and so forth As with previous Microsoft products a right click to the desktop will allow you to put the icons you want on the desktop app The apps worked flawlessly and a nice change I was a bit surprised with the new Internet Explorer The IE app was a bit different but not bad Just from using it a little bit it appears Windows is geared towards user customization with the desktop and 'Start' menu which is a good thing The one thing I did have trouble with a bit is multitasking I figured out a little just by messing with it but after reading up on it it wasn't difficult at all Different yes but not difficult I have yet to do a time test to see if I'm more efficient with Windows or Windows when it comes to multitasking I'm in college for medical administration so multitasking is important to me but I plan to later tonight The startup shutdown times are twice the speed as the previous OS as well I'm sure this change is welcomed by all and rightly so I also downloaded and tested ClassicShell and it made the computer so simple that my year old mother had no problem using it It's nice if people aren't a fan of the new UI I can see why people would hate it but it doesn't bother me I like it Windows isn't as different from Windows as I thought it was going to be A lot of the stuff works the same way and what doesn't is common sense There is always room for improvement and I can see why a lot of people especially the older crowd that use computers for Facebook hate the new UI but at the end of the day it is a solid easy to use operating system Windows is everything I was hoping for and more I and I'm sure a lot of the younger generation and perhaps some of the older generations enjoy the apps and the new one OS fits all philosophy from Microsoft I use a Windows phone and have a couple tablets that I use for vacation so the one OS fits all is a nice change in my opinion As I said I can see why some people hate it I have yet to test it for multitasking and games but so far I'm really enjoying this new OS The learning curve isn't as bad as it is made out to be If anyone out there is curious about Windows and discouraged from trying it because of the negative opinions surrounding it which is why I didn't test it sooner don't listen to them Install it and try it for yourself and hopeful... Read more

A:Just installed Windows 8 - A+ Microsoft

Coke is that you ?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/16660-just-installed-windows-8-microsoft.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there,

I suffer from a very very slow boot-up whenever I run my laptop (This started since an early time of buying it, ignored this issue without awareness till warranty got invalid). However, my laptop approximately take 5~10 minutes to be able for performing smooth use/functioning, difference of time needed to boot up is dependent according to the variety of cases at the time.
However, I just looked for a solution online and I did found (Not going to post the source here as it might oppose the rules of the forum), however, an initial step indicates me to install a program called "Startup Control Panel", I found it but unfortunately with an overrated version that seems the program is no longer updated since very long.

So, in short, all I'm asking here is a good/trusted alternative to this program.

Thanks.

A:Slow Boot-up requires Startup Control Panel Program

You submitted NO information on your laptop, so do the following:

Download and save the

TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe)

After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.

Information about your computer will appear.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

-------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-boot-up-requires-startup-control-panel-program.1110967/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,

I'm looking for a command prompt script or other file to be able to manually enter a time to run a file.

The idea I'm looking for is to execute the script or other file, enter a time into a pop-up prompt (i.e. 9:24) and have the computer execute the file at that time.

I'm looking for this because I frequently run a script that checks Windows Update and then shuts down the computer.

Idea; "Script.exe" opens a pop-up prompt to enter a time, then at the specified time, runs a program (or file), either by entering the name of the program (or file), or pointing the script to the location of the file in the script's variables.

Is this possible?

A:Manual time program execution program or script.

Hey guys, just checking if anybody knows anything about this. I'm looking for a program that can execute a file at a specified time without having to use Task Scheduler, since it takes longer to set up than it does to execute that way. The only thing I know of that might be able to do it is by Java code or something, but I'm not that knowledgeable in such things.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/61360-manual-time-program-execution-program-script.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Installed program, now no boot into Windows, Help needed ASAP

I just installed this a few minutes ago, and then restarted my win7 64bit computer.

http://lifehacker.com/5561303/solut...peed-up-your-system-boot-fix-system-slowdowns

When the computer started to boot up, it got up to the boot page where the colorful spheres combine to for the microsoft symbol. After a few more seconds, I BSOD and get STOP: 0x0000001E. This is the only code that may seem to help.

Update: I got this after one another restart (total of 5 restarts, just hoping it may work)
An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

I have finals this week and the computer I'm using now sucks. Please help.

-Intel Core 2 Quad [email protected]
-Gigabyte EP45-UD3R
-4gb Mushkin DDR2
-EVGA Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+
-Win7 Home Premium 64
-Standard Case Fans
-Logitech X240 2.1
-Western Digital 500gb WD5001AALS, Western Digital 640gb WD6400AAKS (somehow connected)

-Standard CD
-Raidmax Smilodon

A:Installed program, now no boot into Windows

Safe Mode

Try booting into Safe Mode. Then remove the program.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-program-now-no-boot-into-windows.148393/
Relevancy 52.89%

The countdown to Windows 10 has begun in earnest, and Microsoft is going to great lengths to ensure each and every Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 user is fully aware. We know that the Windows 10 upgrade will be free for those users, and Microsoft wanted to remind us with a handy notification service that appeared in the recent KB3035583 update.

Read Full Article Here: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/microsoft-installed-adware-pc-promote-windows-10/

A:Has Microsoft Installed Adware on Your PC to Promote Windows 10?

I'll say it once again: this Windows Update is legitimate and it'll be used to create a future "Upgrade Advisor" like there was in Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. Let me find that thread on Microsoft website and I'll link it. People have to stop being paranoid about that update. It's not adware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576004/has-microsoft-installed-adware-on-your-pc-to-promote-windows-10/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey all,

I am trying to uninstall IE10.  When I go to control panel, program and features, installed updates, the Microsoft Windows section does not show up.  The only sections I can see are Adobe Reader XI, Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (10),
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (7), and Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 (36).  I have no idea why it isn't showing the Microsoft Windows section, but any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks,
Cgxbaffle
PS - I am an admin on the system.  I also took it off the domain and logged in as a local admin.  Same results.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/af45fff0-d2aa-4092-a213-e90f8fd0ebe9/microsoft-windows-section-is-not-showing-up-in-installed-updates?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.03%

I am having a problem uninstalling some updates that were automatically installed by windows because the section that contains those updates in quot Installed Updates quot is just missing Normally you would go to Control Panel gt Uninstall a Program gt View Installed Updates section Windows Updates under missing Installed Microsoft then you would see a list trees with Microsoft Windows section missing under Installed Updates updates in each section The section for Microsoft Windows isn't there I'm not skipping over it it's just not there Example of not showing the section for Microsoft Windows Example of showing the section for Microsoft Windows I am running windows on a domain environment I am trying to uninstall IE update to revert back to IE this was previously installed Microsoft Windows section missing under Installed Updates My hunch is that this is a group policy setting somewhere but haven't found anything pertaining to this yet nbsp I am one of two admins for the company This is actually happening to all the computers that I've checked so I assume it's a systemic problem I have been working on a new pc today that I needed to create an image for and noticed it isn't having the issue yet However a computer I recently imaged Tuesday is already having the problem I did gpupdate force on the new pc without the issue and it still is working fine I'm starting to wonder if it may be a side effect of using sysprep on the machine before putting it into service Once I'm done with this new pc image I will sysprep it and watch for any changes Any help is appreciated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7ff6dc67-b74a-4c6f-9d28-249f0acadf10/microsoft-windows-section-missing-under-installed-updates?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.03%

Windows help infers that restore point is automatically created before I install a new program. Is this true?

A:Does Windows make a restore point before a program is installed?

Simple answer, yes it does.
I find it best to make one of my own, when I remember, as I have found in some cases a point is not made. Although it is rare that a point is not made

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/122840-does-windows-make-restore-point-before-program-installed.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I don't use Skype. I uninstalled it. Windows Update keeps sending updates and marking them as 'important.' If I run the update I find I need to uninstall the program again.

I'd like reassurance that I can safely ignore these updates.

It makes sense to me, but software has gotten complex enough that I want to be sure that this update only updates Skype for Windows and that failure to implement it does not leave a gaping hole in Windows 7.

thanks

baumgrenze

A:Skype For Windows - Program Not Installed - Important Update?

If you change windows update settings as shown below then in theory you will not be offered skype. If you prevoiusly had skype installed and are still offered updates then I guess that skype wasn't fully removed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/402722-skype-windows-program-not-installed-important-update.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, sorry if this was posted already!

Is there any program that automatically looks for and updates for example your hard drive drivers, mouse drivers, chipset drivers etc to the latest version?

I know for sure that Windows Update doesn't do this, and manually checking through device manager always states that windows has the latest drivers available....from 2005.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/400676-any-program-freshly-installed-windows-7-updates-hw-drivers.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I've spent hours trying to install the Microsoft Home Use Program on my personal notebook PC at home with no success My workplace enables me to purchase a licensed copy at a cheaper rate to put on my home computer whilst I remain employed by them I click on the link to http hup microsoft com Select the country quot Australia quot Enter my corporate email address I enter the program code that work gave me I check Installation Message No Enterprise Home Fail, Use Microsoft Program 2007 Error my work email account and receive the email successfully I open the email which says quot Microsoft Enterprise 2007 Home Use Program Installation Fail, No Error Message congratulations you are eligible to purchase the home use program for quot I click on the green quot Buy Now quot button Then this is where it all goes wrong Instead of taking me to the screen that allows me to purchase my license product key and download the software to my PC the screen reverts back to the previous one which asks me for my corporate email address and program code I am going around in circles There are no error messages I have tried turning off the antivirus program and I have tried cleaning and fixing my drives I have a brand new ASUS notebook PC model PRO G with stickers on it saying windows vista and intel pentium Can anyone please help me to install the home use program Thanks

A:Microsoft Enterprise 2007 Home Use Program Installation Fail, No Error Message

Right click on the the 'buy now' button and selct properties. Then copy and paste the http address that is listed there into your browser. Where does it take you?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-enterprise-2007-home-use-program-installation-fail-no-error-message-401497.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I keep receiving this error everytime starting up my laptop. Can anyone help me?

really appreciate it.
sorry for my bad engrish.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/75034-window-script-host-loading-script-error.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm currently trying to use my LG Rumor 2 to act as a modem for a dialup connection with my bluetooth capable computer. Everything is working great but my university, which I'm trying to connect to, requires a ppp script setup and I need to use the terminal window. So the computer dials correctly and everything works but when the terminal window appears I can't type anything although the text field appears for the username. Also, within a few seconds of the terminal window appearing I get the error "The Script has Halted." I can however right click and paste in text (but i don't know if that's relevant). Here is what I see:

Any suggestions?

A:Trying to Dial-Up via Bluetooth with a PPP script error: The Script has Halted

Any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/trying-to-dial-up-via-bluetooth-with-a-ppp-script-error-the-script-has-halted-431537.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I download the newest version of adobe reader 8, and when I go to install it, I get an "Internet Explorer Script Error".

It says that " 'WScript' is undefined."

It then asks if I would like to continue running the scripts, yes or no. And no mater what I click, the same dialouge box pops back up again. After several clicks on a yes or no it finally goes away, then nothing hapens after that. Please help?????!!!!!!!?

A:windows script error, NEED HELP!

Go to add remove programs, Uninstall adobe everything, reboot, then go to adobe download it, TURN OFF spyware programs, and then install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-script-error-need-help.697422/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey, just some months ago i started having these wierd script errors about every 20-30 minutes. At first they werent that annoying , but then i got worried because they wouldnt stop coming up. I did a virus scan and cleaned my registry but they still wont stop coming up. My operating system is Windows 7 x64
Please help
P.S. Heres a pic of the error

A:Windows 7 Script Error

It's a javascript error from Yahoo. Uninstall all your Yahoo stuff to see if it stops it. If not, then uninstall the javascript support.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-script-error-465513.html
Relevancy 51.17%

dear all

of late, quite often i get a screen - script error internet explorer. this is annoying and i click on
yes.

please advise me as to how i can get rid of this problem.

i have tried ->internet options->advanced and selected/unselected some options.
but still i get the message.

narayanan m.s.

Relevancy 51.17%

Out of no where I started getting a Windows Script Error on start up of my computer. It continues to pop up over and over again. After approximately 30 error messages, an error message popped up stating "Windows Sidebar has stopped working". Anybody have any thoughts on this? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-script-error.668920/
Relevancy 51.17%

Why do I have to pay $40 for a Script Error fix that came with Windows 10? Why am I getting a Script Error? I cannot web search anything.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/why-do-i-keep-getting-script-error-with-windows-10/738.html
Relevancy 51.17%

The subject message pops up any time I attempt to open my IE8 browser using Windows XP and set to my home page "ATT.Yahoo". When I click "OK" in the message, IE closes and tries to recover, but with the same results each time. I know
there is a method to reset IE9, but can't tell if it also pertains to IE8 since it can't be opened.

A:"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" "Runtime Error! Program: C:Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

Hi,
the first step in troubleshooting IE issues is to test in noAddons Mode.
toolbars.google.com - download and install the latest IE compatible version of the Google Toolbar.
for consumer help with IE select the Help>Online Support menu from IE and follow the prompts for your windows and IE versions. thx.Rob^_^

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/809daad7-a7a3-4520-9af0-959d69ac8cb8/quotmicrosoft-visual-c-runtime-libraryquot-quotruntime-error-program-cprogram?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm trying to erase as much MS programs and aps from my system as possible; I know MS's Office, Outlook, and other code are the main hacker gateways. I do charity work on my system and desparately want to avoid hacker damage.

I deleted IE, however, when I try to get into "Administrator Tools" ... Performance or Computer Management, I get the error pop-up:

"MMC requires Internet Explorer 5.5 or greater to be installed"

Is there a way to have these work, *without installing IE?

Jon
XP Home SP2

A:"MMC requires Internet Explorer 5.5 or greater to be installed"

IE is tightly woven into the fabric of Windows XP. You can really not operate fully (as you have seen) without it. Also, you will be unable to get Windows Updates without it.

I am a devotee of MS products, I'm afraid. If you keep them updated and maintained with other protective measures, they are not "hacking gateways" to anything. I have little to no problems on my four MS-driven systems here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mmc-requires-internet-explorer-5-5-or-greater-to-be-installed-31639.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Configuration Source nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AM Event ID nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category None Level nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Error Keywords nbsp nbsp nbsp User nbsp nbsp Date: Keywords: Level: User: AM 6:00:17 Category: 1/16/2016 SYSTEM Name: None Error Computer: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP ID: Log Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Event Task 411 DESK nbsp nbsp Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 1/16/2016 6:00:17 AM Event ID: 411 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESK nbsp SYSTEM Computer nbsp nbsp nbsp DESKTOP- C QOQ Description Device IDE CdRomHL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NSB LN amp c a amp amp had a problem starting Driver Name cdrom inf Class Guid d e -e - ce-bfc - be Service cdrom Lower Filters nbsp Upper Filters nbsp Problem x Problem Status xC Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 1/16/2016 6:00:17 AM Event ID: 411 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESK lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP quot Guid quot C A - - D-ABD -E C quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventID gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp lt Version gt lt Version gt nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp lt Correlation gt nbsp nbsp lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Configuration lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt DESKTOP- C QOQ lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot DeviceInstanceId quot gt IDE CdRomHL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NSB LN amp amp c a amp amp amp amp lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot DriverName quot gt cdrom inf lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot ClassGuid quot gt D E -E - CE-BFC - BE lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot ServiceName quot gt cdrom lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot LowerFilters quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot UpperFilters quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot Problem quot gt x lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot Status quot gt xc lt Data gt nbsp lt EventData gt lt Event gt

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ac564a06-5cb4-4869-b92b-df7d5087297e/log-name-microsoftwindowskernelpnpconfiguration-source?forum=TechNetEvents
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a problem when using an excell program i must keep hitting save because sometimes it will stop and the only way to get it back is to manuly shut it down & then i lose everything that is not saved ,also when scrolling it will stop & i have to let it catch up . Is this a computer problem or a excell problem ??? Thanks

A:Windows Xp & Microsoft Excell Program

Have you tried this?Reinstall or Repair ExcelThis procedure detects and repairs problems associated with installed Microsoft Office programs, such as registry settings and missing installation files. It does not repair personal files such as worksheets or templates.To run Detect and Repair, use either of the following methods.Method 11. On the Help menu in Excel, click Detect and Repair.2. Click Start.To restore program shortcuts to the Windows Start menu, make sure that the Restore my shortcuts while repairing check box is selected.Method 21. Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon in Control Panel.2. Double-click the Office 2000 or Excel 2000 entry listed in the Add/Remove Programs dialog box.3. Click Repair Office.4. Click either Reinstall Office or Repair errors in my Office installation, and then click Finish.NOTE: If you selected Repair errors in my Office installation, select the Restore my shortcuts check box if you are having problems with your Office shortcuts.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/170587/windows-xp-microsoft-excell-program/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all, I have Win7x64 and was checking the list of installed programs and seen two entries of CVE-2012-4792.. Then I typed that into google and a lot of technical garble came back, but no CVE for dummies like I was looking for.

Am I infected??
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/public/style_extra/post_icons/icon14.gif
Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/481306/a-program-installed-is-installed-cve-2012-4792/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone,

I'm currently running BitDefender 9 but it is going to expire in a few days time so I was after the new version. I downloaded the trial from the BitDefender website but when I tried to install it, I was told I needed to uninstall my current version.

I went to Add/Remove programs like usual but for some reason BitDefender is not listed. I went to BitDefender in programs and clicked 'modify, repair or uninstall' and it tells me 'this action is only valid for products that are currently installed'.

I have no idea how I'm meant to uninstall BitDefender 9 since it is not listed! The program is clearly running and installed so I have no idea why it would not be shown as a currently installed program!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Installed Program Not Listed Under Installed Programs

See if this http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/co...nted-programs/ will help, scroll down to the section What to do if the program isn?t listed in the ?Add/Remove Programs? list.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-program-not-listed-under-installed-programs-122296.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Receive script error when Windows Messenger loads upon startup of computer. Any solutions available?

A:Script error with Windows Messenger

Please provide the following info:
Version of IE (Internet Explorer)
Operating System
All your security programs (including firewall, anti-virus, anti-spayware, any extra security tools installed/used.)
What you have tried
What the problem is
Give detail explaining your problem
If you get any error message please post them
Post any screen shots if you think they would be helpful - How to post a screenshot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/script-error-with-windows-messenger-325110.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi tech guys amp tech girls I m getting this error Windows Script Host annoying Windows Script Host Windows Script Host error error at the Windows Script Host error start-up My OS not being satisfied with one error message is giving me two instead Previously I used to get a message stating that there is no vbs file to run So I disabled the Script Host Now I am getting quot There is no script engine for file extension quot vbs quot A screen shot is attached for reference I m using Win XP SP The configuration of my system is as follows OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name JBA- D CD A System Manufacturer Winfast System Model AWRDACPI System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD PG SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United Kingdom Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot User Name deleted Time Zone Hawaiian Standard Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Please help me guys This is very annoying Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Machine : Lenovo C5

For the past couple of days when booting my system up I have been getting the Windows script host error shown in the picture, I tried to search the Lenovo site but there really is no help there.
Does anyone know what this error may be and how to correct it?

A:Windows Script Host Error

Did you uninstall anything lately? try updateing (with New or Old) software and drivers from lenovo, maybe it will replace it.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/42678-windows-script-host-error.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm not sure when this error first occurred, i think it may have been a few weeks ago, I just ignored it though.
This only error only pops up when i first load up my PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-script-host-error.1113552/
Relevancy 50.74%

What is it with script error showing up in Windows 10 now? Never had it before since I've had Ten the past few months.

Also, I notice my text is very small, although, I have it set at Largest size. This all changed yesterday..2/2016

A:Script Error in Windows 10 Home

Two problems, no screen shots. No clue either.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39585-script-error-windows-10-home.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm getting a pop-up error every 5mins of an error called Windows script host Error saying "file not found C:\\Windows\Temp\sys.vbs
I ran autoruns and i found lots of yellow and red lines. 
Theres also something else, i can't move any icons on my start menu, and the ones that are already i cant pin out or pin anything in.
I am running Windows 10 x64 Build 10586.164

A:Windows Script Host error

Hi yahfz My name is Aura and I'll be assisting you with your issue. Follow the instructions below please.MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the file to your Desktop;Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);Check the following options:Flush DNS;Report IE Proxy Settings;Reset IE Proxy Settings;Report FF Proxy Settings;Reset FF Proxy Settings;List content of Hosts;List IP Configuration;List Winsock Entries;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Installed Programs;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;Autoruns - Start-up EntriesFollow the instructions below to give me an Autoruns log containing your start-up entries:Download Autoruns.zip from the Sysinternals Suite webpage;Extract the content of the Autoruns.zip folder where you want, then go in the folder, right-click on Autoruns.exe and select Run as Administrator;Accept the EULA on opening, then wait for all the entries to load;Click on File then Save and save the file to a location easily accessible as a .arn (Autoruns) file;Upload the file on Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive and post the download URL for it here;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611265/windows-script-host-error/
Relevancy 50.74%

I made a big mistake. I can not pin point when it started but the script error message started and trouble shooting said that it could be from a recent windows update. The error message happened eveytime I switch internet sites. Also upon trying to open certain desktop icons, said windows has to reload but still would not open.
I tried restore to all know good restore points but nothing worked.
Someone suggested I update my browser to restore, I did and did not work, I then thought maybe updateing to IE 9 would be good, not...now I have a big mess and could use some help if this makes any sense to you.

I know I have muliple issues so not sure how to title, guidance is needed.
Patti

A:script error, windows reloads,

What is the exact wording of the error message?

When does it occur?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426570/script-error-windows-reloads/
Relevancy 50.74%

everytime i switch on my pc, i always error disk checking, after i click on 100% check, the next time i switch on my pc , i still get the error checking error.

i also got the below error too.
can anyone help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-script-host-error.925532/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all,

Don't want to sound stupid, but what does the attached error mean?  

I really need help with this.  I get the error after I download the file. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

A:Windows Script Host Error :-(

What file did you download...and from what site, please?

There are all sorts of error messages relating to Windows Script Host, see Error Messages .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526751/windows-script-host-error/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I m new here and not a real computer genius type guy but know my around well enough Here s my problem My wife and I share the sam home computer a Dell with XP media edition We had Explorer installed and each XP Error Windows Continous in Script had a log in account I had also installed Microsofts SP Now a few months ago just Continous Script Error in Windows XP got around to try to fix this my wife said she coudn t get any YouTube videos to play when she was logged Continous Script Error in Windows XP into her account she had to log into mine Then she started describing issues that sounded to me like they were all Java or Continous Script Error in Windows XP Flash related SHe also said she couldn t print emails from some websites I logged onto her account and poked around and sure enough no YouTube Then when I inadvertantly tried to change her Google Toolbar setting I got an error box popping up that said quot An error has occurred in the script on the page quot or words to that effect THere were no descriptors in the catagories for Line Char Error Code or URL They were all blank And I had to either click the yes or no buttons or the close message x at the top right about times for the box to go away it seems there were several of them exactly on top of each other SO then I start googling around looking for a fix and one site says to try uniblue registry booster to fix it I install it but it won t run The same script error boxes pile up and freeze it I have to cntr alt delete to close that program Oh btw I also had done the usual check disable script debugging explorer check disable script debugging other and unchecked display notifications of script errors No dice still got the multiple script error boxes from hell stack on top of each other Then according to microsoft s support site I unistalled Explorer and SP and reverted back to IE to see if I still got the same error Now I still can t see any youtube because the site says it won t work with IE But when I try to start the uniblue booster I still get a script error but this time it s different Now it says Line Char Error auto server can t create objectCode URL http localhost I want to try to reinstall IE or even but it looks like my script problem is still there on my wife s account and it probably won t help if I do reinstall or put in As I said earlier most everything worked on my side of the computer I could watch youtube and almost all flash worked The only flash I couldn t get to work was when I was on Midway games site and tried to play the classic game Joust online It used to work but quit a few months ago I didn t care much but figure now it probably has something to do with her problem bleeding over I ve run some spyware like Spybot and SUPERAnti spyware but they found nothing big enough to cause all this I even ran a program called IE Fix that was supposed to restore all the factory dll files claimed it would fix it Nope didn t do it I would really really really appreciate some help here because it seems all the fixes I google are ones I ve already tried My guess is we got some virus somewhere and it s corrupted some file that is going to have to be replaced but that s only a guess and if I did know it was right I d have no clue where to look anyway So consider this a shrill bleating plea for help Thanks to all

A:Continous Script Error in Windows XP

You probably need the latest version of Flash. Uninstall the old version using the tool at the link and then install the new version at the Adobe website. Then upgrade to IE8. IE6 isn't supported anymore by many sites including Youtube.http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319449/continous-script-error-in-windows-xp/
Relevancy 50.74%

I got this error after having malwares removed in my laptop. I used Malwarebytes to remove malwares that disables me from opening regedit and task manager, and hides folder options in the control panel. I have screenshot of it:

Quote: Originally Posted by xchan

I got this error after having malwares removed in my laptop. I used Malwarebytes to remove malwares that disables me from opening regedit and task manager, and hides folder options in the control panel. I have screenshot of it:

Attachment 287990

Hi xchan,

There might be some infection on your system that caused this issue. Assuming malware bytes was able to remove any malware that was present on the system. It would be better if you run a SFC on the system:

SFC/SCANNOW

If the issue still persists then please perform a system restore following the steps below:

System Restore

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306806-windows-script-host-error.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I get this error alot it keeps popping out once in a while i think i deleted something i dont know what. Is there a way i can bring that missing file back? NEED HELP PLEASE

A:Windows Script host Error

Open a Elevated Command Prompt:Press WIN + X to open Start context menu.

Select Command Prompt (Admin)​.
Run the following commands sequentially. Wait for each one to finish as it can take awhile.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

SFC /scannow

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/64014-windows-script-host-error.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have Windows Script in 2072 7 IE9 of Error Windows X and IE which works fine printing from the web I recently upgraded to IE using the download link from Microsoft and after successful install I see that I can not print from the web using IE Every time I try to print no matter what website it is I get quot An error has occurred in the script on this page Line Char Error The system cannot find the file specified Code URL res ieframe dll preview js I have Script Error 2072 of IE9 in Windows 7 tried google chrome the latest version and works fine printing from the HP laserjet I have tried the following techniques from Microsoft which did not work for me I got the ideas from the following Script Error 2072 of IE9 in Windows 7 Microsoft website of http support microsoft com kb and http support microsoft com kb and none of their ideas actually worked for me I tried the following ideas which all failed L I clicked Tools gt Internet Options gt Advanced And click to select the Disable script debugging Internet Explorer and Disable script debugging Other check boxes and then click to clear the Display a notification about every scripterror check box This did not help at all I uninstalled and reinstalled my printer drive HP Laserjet and reinstalled it from Microsoft Windows Update with the latest drivers and tested printing from Microsoft Word and printed document I have the latest drivers from Ati for my Ati Radeon graphics card installed and working fine Used IE bit versus IE bit and this also did not work Tried printing a webpage running Internet Explorer as an Administrator and this also did not work I tried printing after disabling Protected Mode from within IE and this also did not work I also tried to re-create the missing folder and used Microsoft Fix it and installed this and this also did nothing either I reset low integrity level on the Low folder using Microsoft Fix it and this also did not help I tried using IE with no add ons and this also did not work I also Reset Internet Explorer Settings which also did not work I ran - http support microsoft com mats printing problems this tool and it did not find any issues to fix I uninstalled IE and went back to IE and I can print from IE but IE at all IE works fine for me but wanted to upgrade to IE for the features and faster I tried to reinstall using Windows update download and after installation I was again prompted with no way to print due to the script error message Any help would be appreciated Thanks Flybird nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/script-error-2072-of-ie9-in-windows-7.1065955/
Relevancy 50.74%

hi,
On start up of windows 8 pro I keep getting the following Windows Script Host Error:
script: c:/windows/run.vbs
line: 22
char: 2
error: permission denied 
code: 800a0046
source: microsoft vbscript runtime error
thank you. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/90d1172b-f0f4-467a-97c0-24bea4ca77c7/windows-script-host-error?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.74%

Just recently I started getting an error when I boot up and I have no idea how to get rid of it. I have tried finding it in the task manager processes and stopping its startup, but I couldn't not find it there, and I also can't find it in the location specified by the error.

In the picture below is the error that pops up when I start up my computer (on right)

Anyone have a quick fix or know the steps necessary to remove this error?

To remove that error window (btw, the file is there. It has "hidden" and probably "system" attributes) download this Microsoft's Sysinternals utility.

Start it as Admin, go to its Logon tab, find that file and uncheck it.

And please check your system with antivirus to make sure there is no malware.
This looks like a hacktool of some sort.

If you do not have antivirus you can use free soft like
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
or
Kaspersky Free Virus Scanner

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/275088-windows-script-host-error.html
Relevancy 50.74%

This error message appears when I first see the desktop upon booting.

Windows Script Host
Can not find script file "C\WINDOWS\system32\virusremoval.vbs"

Help?

Relevancy 50.74%

Above is a screenshot of the message I am getting when attempting to run an install application. The application requires one to login with Company ID, username and password. The message pops up after I enter the username. Anyone know how I can fix this? Just in case the screenshot is too small to read this is what it says:

Script:C:\Users\.............\dot_net.vbs
Line: 327
Char: 3
Error: Type Mismatch: '[string: "-v03"]'
Code: 800A000D
Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error

Thank you in asdvance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-windows-script-host-error.1088056/
Relevancy 50.74%

hi,..1st post..gettin' windows script host error-contact admin 4 details..where do i find access 2 password I loaded? thanks jake

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/re-windows-script-host-error-203794.html
Relevancy 50.31%

This started out manifesting itself like the Windows Restore malware I disabled that before looking around for a fix by removing the aberrant application and unhiding all the files it had hidden Ever since then however as sson as explorer starts up i can see in a network trace that it starts going off to random sites and doing god knows what Eventually it devolves into opening IE script error dialogs and pegging the CPU Interestingly IE isnt installed SecureIE from WinFerno is and the virus showed up while using firefox which has also since been de-installed Hope you can help Here is the DDS file and the attach zip and ark txt files are attached XP IE Windows virus Script windows opening error explorer Thanks DDS Ver - - Windows XP explorer virus opening IE Script error windows - NTFSx Run by kurth at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Disabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW McAfee Firewall Enabled Running Processes svchost exeC windows System svchost exe -k netsvcsC windows system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exesvchost exeC windows system brsvc a exeC windows system spoolsv exeC windows system brss a exeC Program Files Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exesvchost exeC windows ehome ehSched exeC PROGRA GFI GFIBAC GFIHInst exeC PROGRA GFI GFIBAC GFIHSC EXEC Program Files HP HPLaserJetService HPLaserJetService exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exeC Program Files Common Files Mcafee McSvcHost McSvHost exeC windows system mfevtps exeC Program Files McAfee Online Backup MOBKbackup exeC windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C windows Explorer EXEC windows system nvsvc exeC windows system rundll exeC windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Sony Sony TV Tuner Library SMceMan exeC PROGRA SQUEEZ server Bin MSWIN mysqld exeC windows System svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Winferno WSS WSS exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC windows AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files HP ToolboxFX bin HPTLBXFX exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSRMon exeC PROGRA Eraser Eraser exeC Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC Program Files McAfee Anti-Theft McPvTray exeD Winferno Secure IE SIEPulse exeC windows system RUNDLL EXEC windows system CTHELPER EXEC PROGRA GFI GFIBAC GFIAgent exeC Program Files Squeezebox SqueezeTray exeC Program Files Password Safe pwsafe exeC Program Files Sony Sony TV Tuner Library RM SV exeC windows System vssvc exeC WINDOWS System dllhost exeC WINDOWS System msdtc exeC WINDOWS System dllhost exeC Documents and Settings kurth Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www nytimes com mDefault Page URL hxxp www sony com vaiopeopleuSearchURL Default hxxp search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p s suURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO PCCBHO CPCCBHO fc ce - d - f-b a-bfbb adb af - d winferno pc confidential PCCBHO dllBHO McAfee Phishing Filter b a- - a -b -be afe ab - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dllBHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files common files mcafee systemcore ScriptSn dllBHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dllTB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dllTB E BD F- B D- E-C FF-FD B A D - No FileEB - a - b-a - c a a - No FileuRun GFI Backup - Home Edition quot c progra gfi gfibac GFIAgent exe quot mRun VAIO Re... Read more

A:Windows XP explorer virus opening IE Script error windows

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/391087/windows-xp-explorer-virus-opening-ie-script-error-windows/
Relevancy 50.31%

How do I make a script to list all installed updates? I have searched online for this and found somewhat confusing information.

A:Script to list all installed updates?

This for a text file (from a command prompt)

wmic qfe list brief /format:texttablewsys > "%USERPROFILE%\hotfix.txt"
or this for a html

wmic qfe list brief /format:htable > "%USERPROFILE%\hotfix.html"
This will put the file in your home directory, so feel free to change the output path to wherever you like, if you like.

TsVk!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597216/script-to-list-all-installed-updates/
Relevancy 49.88%

IE script error windows pop-up even tho IE is not running Also Mozilla amp IE re-directs from search page results Here is the DDS txt log and the GMER amp Attatch txt files are attached Thanks Sorry ark txt is so large M that I can t upload entire file and it won t accept a zip version so I ll send in parts in a following post DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run Error IE Broswer & Windows redirects Script by Ray at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Internet Security Anti-Virus Enabled Updated D C B -C DC- F- EF - AF A EFF FW Internet Security Firewall Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system Broswer redirects & IE Script Error Windows svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Broswer redirects & IE Script Error Windows WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe svchost exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system CTSvcCDA EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files NMSAccessU exe C Program Files Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe C WINDOWS vVX exe C Program Files RosettaStoneLtdServices RosettaStoneDaemon exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exe C Program Files PC Tools Security pctsAuxs exe C Program Files PC Tools Security pctsSvc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files PC Tools Outlook Express API Launcher exe C Program Files PC Tools Security pctsGui exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files AOL Desktop waol exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files PC Tools Security TFEngine TFService exe C Program Files AOL Desktop shellmon exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Common Files AOL Topspeed aoltpsd exe C Program Files AOL Desktop AOLBrowser aolbrowser exe C Documents and Settings Ray Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE KEIV TP dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www aol com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uURLSearchHooks IAOLTBSearch Class ea - - db- f -d ca fb c d - c program files aol toolbar aoltb dll mURLSearchHooks IAOLTBSearch Class ea - - db- f -d ca fb c d - c program files aol toolbar aoltb dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Yapta... Read more

A:Broswer redirects & IE Script Error Windows

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far. Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues. If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed. Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread. Thanks and again sorry for the delay. We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logThanks.DR

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/393734/broswer-redirects-ie-script-error-windows/
Relevancy 49.88%

Why do I keep getrting the folowing message when opening a e-mail on Windows Live Mail? "An error occured with the script on this Page""Do you want to continue renning script on this apage?' I keep clicking Yes, but it sometime still keeps appearing? Any suggestions?

Thank You

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-with-the-script-on-windows-livre-mail.1155471/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have downloaded WMP 9.0 on two different occasions and each time I try to launch it through the internet I get the following script error:

Line 67
Character 9
invalid character
Code 0
Then I get this URL:

http://windowsmedia.com/mg/home.asp...sion=9.0.0.2980

This error message asks me if I want to continue and what ever I select, it keeps returning until I must force quit the program. My only alternative has been to use system restore to uninstall this. I have disabled firewall, but that didn't help either. Any suggestions here?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-9-0-script-error.119004/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I'm using a script that enables hidden password domain and username to run a command It works in Windows XP SP but not in Windows Home Edition or Windows Enterprise Using my script this command doesn't work in Windows XP SP SystemRoot system appwiz cpl I don't know why but using my script this command works in Windows XP SP ComSpec C SystemRoot system appwiz cpl But no one of the above works in Windows where I get an error about not having the needed credentials If I in Wndows change my command to ComSpec K SystemRoot system appwiz cpl I get the same error but in 193 using error GPL C:\windows\system32\appwiz.cpl script I can now use the command line box and if I type SET I am told that my domain and username is my domain administrators credentials It's strange because some other cpl commands works when using my script but the appwiz cpl doesn't work These one works on Windows using my script ComSpec C SystemRoot system collab cpl ComSpec C SystemRoot system hdwwiz cpl ComSpec C SystemRoot system inetcpl cpl I also tried this one with no luck ComSpec C SystemRoot system control exe SystemRoot system appwiz cpl If I GPL error 193 in script using C:\windows\system32\appwiz.cpl use the Start button and just type appwiz cpl it works If I use the Start button and types cmd exe and in the command lne box just types appwiz cpl it works I've found out that my script that enables the hidden password GPL error 193 in script using C:\windows\system32\appwiz.cpl domain and username needs that the seconday logon service is running and it is If I run my script from my own computer using e g pseexec exe to get access to a remote computer both computers must run the secondary logon service And the secondary logon service needs the workstation service and netlogon service The netlogon service only runs on domain computers not on workgroup computers And I am working on a domain computer and all services is running But if I was working on a workgroup computer my script wouldn't work because the netlogon service would only start and immidiately stop again because of the workgroup Please note that my problem isn't about the script I use it's a general problem using appwiz cpl in Windows maybe using Windows builtin runas exe commad or e g sysinternals pseexec exe If anybody wants to know I'm using the latest version from www autoitscript com but as already told it's the same problem using a cmd bat or vbs script Any help or suggestions would be appreciated Sincerely Jorgen Malmgren IT-Programmer Denmark - UTC www tryware dk o Your brain is like a parachute It works best when it's open

A:GPL error 193 in script using C:\windows\system32\appwiz.cpl

Hi

I just examined all the *.cpl I have in C:\Windows\System32

I don't know why, but these ones works with my script on Windows 7:

Collab.cpl
FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl
Hdwwiz.cpl
Inetcpl.cpl
Joy.cpl
Main.cpl
Mmsys.cpl
Sysdm.cpl
Tabletpc.cpl
Telephon.cpl
Timedate.cpl

These ones doesn't work with my script on Windows 7:

Appwiz.cpl
Bthprops.cpl
Desk.cpl
Firewall.cpl
Infocardcpl.cpl
Intl.cpl
Irprops.cpl
Ncpa.cpl
Powercfg.cpl
Wscui.cpl

Sincerely

Jorgen Malmgren
IT-Programmer
Denmark - UTC+1
www.tryware.dk

;o) Your brain is like a parachute. It works best when it's open

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237627-gpl-error-193-script-using-c-windows-system32-appwiz-cpl.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Looking for some help ASAP I have a Windos machine that was infected with av removed that but there still is a issue with a script error and a audio file will play nbsp Attach txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp DDS txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads on audio windows 7 play Script error and nbsp gmer log nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads any help would be great DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by rmoczygemba at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled Updated C A - C B- F C- B B- FCCFDC SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- Script error and audio play on windows 7 E -DA C ACF SP Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled Updated A BBD -AA - A - B- B EB B E FW Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled B F DB -C - E - D - C F F E Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe Script error and audio play on windows 7 -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows System Script error and audio play on windows 7 spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Altiris AClient AClient exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Pogoplug dokanmnt exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsvc exe C Windows system PSIService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exe C Program Files Altiris Dagent dagent exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Altiris AClient AClntUsr EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files Pogoplug ppfs exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users rmoczygemba Desktop RootKit dds scr C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en US amp c amp bd all amp pf cmdt mDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en US amp c amp bd all amp pf cmdt mStart Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en US amp c amp bd all amp pf cmdt uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program fil... Read more

A:Script error and audio play on windows 7

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392530/script-error-and-audio-play-on-windows-7/
Relevancy 49.88%

My windows keep popping up Internet Explorer Script Error msg. I scaned my windows by using manykind of software such as anti virus, ad aware, spybot search and destroy....... But the problem still remains...... Do any1 noe how 2 solve this problem?

A:My Windows Keep Pop Up "internet Explorer Script Error" Msg

Check to be sure Active Scripting, ActiveX, and Java are not blockedOpen Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu> click Internet Options> click Security>click Default Level>click OK. Clear Temp Internet filesOpen Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu>click Internet Options >Click the General tab >Under Temporary Internet files, click Settings >Click Delete Files >Click OK Click Delete Cookies >Click OK Under History> click Clear History and then click Yes > Click OK.Check that you have the latest version of Java ( Version 5.0 Update 9)If not uninstall older version from contol Panel and reinstall new from HERE for Windows

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69693/my-windows-keep-pop-up-internet-explorer-script-error-msg/
Relevancy 49.88%

Why: I had right now upgraded to Windows 10 from windows 7 and immediately began seeing script error popping up in IEHow: Windows 10 is extremely slowAny solutions?Thanks for advice

A:Why does IE11 script error keep popping up in Windows 10?

Go to IE > Internet Options > Advanced tab > Browsing heading. Ensure that both entries about Disabling script debugging are checked.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/why-does-ie11-script-error-keep-popping-up-in-windows-10/670.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I keep getting this error when I open up my outlook express:
Internet Explorer Script Error
! An error has occured in the script on this page
Line: 229
Char: 1
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
Code: 0
URL: res://C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msoeres.dll/frntpage.htm
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
yes no

I think that I started having this problem after I started using adaware to combat spyware and maybe I accidently deleted something. I am not sure. Is there any easy fix to this problem instead of reformatting my hard drive? I tried uninstalling outlook express and reinstalling, but I still get the same error. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks!!

Relevancy 49.88%

Vista Home Popup Recovery Windows + Script Error Premium O S SP Similar original symptoms to http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html and Windows Recovery scareware posts Current action results Followed steps at www bleepingcomputer com virus-removal remove-windows-recovery with addition of running SuperAntiSpyware beforehand to address malwarebytes access is disabled error towards the end of installation Step s Unhide exe had been run as part of a previous attempt when MBAM did not install SAS quarantined Trojan Agent Gen- FakeAlert others attached image MBAM quarantined Trojan Dropper FakeAlert and PUM Hijack TaskManager attached image Problem How can I fully remove residual script error popups attached Windows Recovery + Script Error Popup image How can I ensure that the computer is then clean Thanks in advance for your helpMore Details -Problem sequence of events Error message popup mentioning java scriptThenError message popup mentioning hard drive problemsThenWindows recovery window with scan results hard drive errors found as illustrated in lt http www bleepingcomputer com virus-removal remove-windows-recovery gt Desktop image changed to blackAlmost all Windows Recovery + Script Error Popup files on C at least set to hidden whilst windows recovery window openTask manager option disappeared from Ctrl Alt DelAutomatic redirect jumps IIRC from all google search links to stopzilla site Occasional audio samples played without request Current status Popup appearing claiming script errors from random Windows Recovery + Script Error Popup sites On the first appearance after a reboot the loading of taskbar icons except clock power icon laptop is delayed until closing of the popupHowever link redirect problem random audio samples windows recovery program are no longer apparent MBAM QuarantineSAS QuarantineRemaining Script Error Popup example

A:Windows Recovery + Script Error Popup

Hello.We need to reset IE back to default. This should reverse any changes that malware has made to your browser settings and disable any malicious components it may have dropped.Please follow the instructions in the following link. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737Let me know if this fixes your issue.~Blade

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/393509/windows-recovery-script-error-popup/
Relevancy 49.88%

When i try to connect to the internet for media guide, it displays this message:

Internet explorer script error
an error has occured in the script on this page
line: 1
char: 1
error: object doesn't support this property or method
code: 0
URL: res://wmploc.dll/Offline_MediaGuide.htm

How can I prevent this?

Thanks

A:Windows Media Player script error

In IE, click on Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and tick both lines Disable Script
Debugging and UNtick Display a notification about every script error

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-media-player-script-error.35643/
Relevancy 49.88%

I encounter this error message when loading my windows live today. Before this, everything was fine and no error occurred. I figure probably it has something to do with windows vista os? I had attached a screenshot on the error message, and hope there will be a solution for this.

A:Windows Live Today Script Error

Hi. . .

I get that same message on some emails while in Windows Live Mail.

I typically just get rid of it, but it is bothersome at times.

Do you get it during the loading of Live or just in some emails like I do?

I have not as of yet looked into this, but when I do, I will post back.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-today-script-error-288147.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I was going to look at the options on my McAfee virus scanner as I have many times, but this time and error message came up, it says

An error occurred in the script on this page
Line 931
Char 5
Error the data area passed to a system call is to small
code 0
URL mcp://c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\usoui.dll::mgavprop.htm

Do you want to continue
Yes No

Why did this come up all of a sudden, it never has before, can someone help with this? I would really appreciate it. I will wait for an answer, Thanks

A:Windows XP Home Edition-Script error- Can someone help please??

Hi there, I'm going to close this one and have a look at your other post in security.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-edition-script-error-can-someone-help-please.264366/