Windows Support Forum

Errore 1053: impossibile avviare il servizio spooler di stampa sul pc.

Q: Errore 1053: impossibile avviare il servizio spooler di stampa sul pc.

Ho una stampante HP lasejet cm e sul pc ho un driver che ha sempre funzionato con questa stampante Qualche giorno fa mi usciva un messaggio di errore durante la stampa e c'era scritto che avviare servizio il stampa 1053: sul Errore impossibile pc. di spooler il problema si potrebbe risolvere reinstallando il driver Cos ho fatto Nel reinstallarlo per mi esce un problema print spooler anche facendo quot correggi quot o quot Errore 1053: impossibile avviare il servizio spooler di stampa sul pc. correggi tutto quot il computer non d segnali di risoluzione del problema Allora sono andata in AMMINISTRAZIONE STRUMENTI-- gt SERVIZI-- gt SPOOLER DI STAMPA spooler risultava gi attivo comunque cliccando ancora su attiva o anche sulle altre opzioni Errore 1053: impossibile avviare il servizio spooler di stampa sul pc. risultava quot IMPOSSIBILE AVVIARE IL Errore 1053: impossibile avviare il servizio spooler di stampa sul pc. SERVIZIO SPOOLER DI STAMPA SUL COMPUTER LOCALE-ERRORE IL SERVIZIO NON HA RISPOSTO ALLA RICHIESTA DI AVVIO O CONTROLLO NEL TEMPO PREVISTO quot e quot stato di servizio quot arrestato quot Ho provato anche pi volte a spegnere riaccendere ed installare il driver ma ogni volta appare lo stesso problema Ho anche verificato che il driver sia quello giusto per la mia stampante e per il computer ed corretto Ditemi cosa fare vi prego

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Errore 1053: impossibile avviare il servizio spooler di stampa sul pc.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Errore 1053: impossibile avviare il servizio spooler di stampa sul pc.

Nao hablo Italiano mon ami - hablo Inglis por favour. Merci.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/265466-errore-1053-impossibile-avviare-il-servizio-spooler-di-stampa-sul-pc.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Printer Problems in Windows XP sp3
Dell Personal Printer all in one A940
After trying to speed up an older computer running Windows XP
I may have cut off the Print Spooler (or it was already off ?)
I went back to Services dialog box & selected Print Spooler
I clicked the "Start" link at left of service list & got a message tgat said
"could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start."
Printer is still not working can anyone help?

A:Could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068

On Win/7 the dependencies are

HTTP

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
DCOM Server Process Launcher
RPC Endpoint Mapper
Manually start each on and set to AUTOSTART as you go.
If one fails, then that is the root problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-start-print-spooler-service-on-local-computer-error-1068.206839/
Relevancy 33.54%

Heyo,

This could very well be in the hardware category for printers, but for now I think it's related to the OS?
We have Win7 machines and Win Server 2008 R2 machine acting as the print server.
Using PCL driver.
FX ApeosPort IV C2275 printer
Using Standard TCP/IP port 'hostname'
Some documents with specific print settings (e.g. page range, as opposed to 'current page') fail to print. Details:

Print is 'successful' as shown by Windows.
Print job spools 'successfully', is inserted into print queue.
No print job appears from printer, nor is there any record of the job on the printer.
Page count on queue is N/A, size is 0

Any ideas? Changing protocol between RAW and LPR makes no change.

A:Print spooler zero size

Hmm; is the print driver the latest version?

Test and fix on the hosting machine first (aka the Win Server 2008 R2 machine) as that has to work correctly if the clients are to have any hope.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/print-spooler-zero-size.201642/
Relevancy 33.54%

Spent about 10 hours trying to resolve a network printing problem on a laptop today and now I am asking for your help. The HP laptop stopped printing with the message "Print Spooler is not running". I tried starting it at services.msc but it will not start. I tried uninstalling the printer from add/remove and could only remove the printer applications but the driver will not uninstall because the print spooler is not running. I tried reinstalling the printer but it will not because the spooler is not running. I tried installing a different printer with the same failure. Microsoft FixIt identified the spooler as not running, tried to start it and it failed immediately. FixIt said it could not help. I checked windows update and it is up to date. Printers work with 4 other pc's on the network. OS: Win 7 Pro

A:Print Spooler will not start

Treat it as if there are jobs in the print queue that can't be deleted. As I recall you delete the subdirectory in the Spooler directory used for that specific printer.

Try running this troubleshooter

=== Update ===
Here's another Wizard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/print-spooler-will-not-start.187291/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi new to the forum Windows stop/start Print Spooler 7 At work we have just gotten new laptops that have Windows Professional One of our users had a Vista laptop that always had the print spooler stop when he tried to Windows 7 Print Spooler stop/start print I had to go into the services and start the print spooler again When trying to print a second time the message would pop up again to state that the Print spooler had stopped I hoped that the Print Spooler issue with Vista would be cured in Windows Well sort of With the new Windows laptops that I have setup onto our domain I notice that the Print Spooler takes about - minutes to start We have a print server in our domain and all the shared printers will not show up in the OS until the Print Spooler service starts up I checked the dependencies of the Print Spooler Service and it is the Remote Procedure Call That service does not seem to be an issue When I try to print to a network printer it takes a long time to print I check the printer queue and I see two files the doc and a file called Local Downlevel Document I try printing an hour later again and I can print with no issues Then I will try to print again the Print Spooler service will stop and I will have to restart it I searched the net and I see tons of hits for Windows Print Spooler issues and I have tried a lot of fixes but I still have issues I even installed a Win driver for two of the printers one local LJ and one networked and the local printer never has an issue Possibly it is a domain issue or an issue with our print server We have two division offices in CT and NJ and they are in the same domain but different DC and print server and the IT guys there said they have no Print Spooler service issues with their Win laptops Pulling my hair out here though LOL I run this script as a batch file and it helps sometimes but not all echo off echo echo Purging the print queue net stop Spooler echo Deleting all print jobs ping localhost -n gt nul del q SystemRoot system spool printers net start Spooler echo Done ping localhost -n gt nul nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-print-spooler-stop-start.157872/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hmm well I've tried to turn it on in services but I get an error. So I've tried performing a disc clean and ran sfc /scannow. It still will not start. Any ideas?

A:Printer spooler offline and will not start

Go to Start -> Run and type
net start spooler

Or manually: Start->Run->services.msc
Locate Print Spooler, double click on it and change it to Automatic, then start it

If this doesn't help, uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers (likely fault)

Or if still no joy: UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-spooler-offline-and-will-not-start.123579/
Relevancy 33.11%

Alrighty, Well my sister is having problems with her printer, It was working fine, and now she is getting this thing saying that the Spooler service or something isn't working.. I went into program files to see if I could find the Lexmark folder, And there was nothing there, So then I went to add/remove programs, And it's in there, But there isn't a size to it. So I dont know. She uninstalled it, And tried to install it back, But it's not working.. Could someone help please? And help fast.. Thanks

A:Printer Problems.... Spooler? What is that!!! Help fast please

Hmmmmm....

Try completely uninstalling the printer software, rebooting your computer, and reinstalling the printer with the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website. This should solve your problem.

Perhaps you could provide me with the make of your printer? Maybe I can find the drivers for you?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-problems-spooler-what-is-that-help-fast-please.22780/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a lap top computer that is set up to my home computer. It used to be able to print but it all of a sudden stopped printing and the error message says... windows cannot printy due to a problem with the current printer setup. Try one of the following *check the printer by priniting a test page from windows (which when tried it comes up with this error message...printer properties cannot be displayed. The prin spooler is not running)
*make sure the printer is turned on * reinstall the printer driver (again when this was done the print spooler not running came up)

I have been told it a possible print spooler corruption, becasue when you go to the area where you can stop and start print spooler it is already on and says it is started.

HELP Please I need this for my school work
Thanks

A:Printing errors specifically printer spooler not running

Did you try restarting it anyway under Control Panel, Administrative Tools, then Services and Print Spooler. My setup requires this about once per year.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-errors-specifically-printer-spooler-not-running.71178/
Relevancy 33.11%

I need some help with my printer spooler. The first printer i had was a Canon Pixima iP1600. Then along came a better one and it was a Dell Personal All-In-One Printer A920. When i installed the Dells drivers it wasnt that smooth. When i tried to use the dell printer it wouldnt work. ok, i still have my Canon right? but when i go to use it it wont work. Whenever i go to reinstall its driver it wants me to turn on the Printer Spooler, but when i try it gives me a "Windows could not start the Printer Spooler service on Local Computer. Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start." so i restart my computer and it still gives me this message every time. what can i do to get my printer working on my computer again.

A:Help with Printer Spooler it wont start

Disconnect all printers.
Uninstall all printer drivers for all the printers, restart the system and then reinstall the drivers for the Canon. Reconnet the Canon only when you are told to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-printer-spooler-it-wont-start.91363/
Relevancy 33.11%

The computer is running Windows 7 and suddenly most of the printers that should be available to print from disappear?. I found that in the services, print spooler was stopped and starting it again fixes the problem (temporarily). The thing is this seems to happen every few days, why might be stopping the service and how can it be stopped? The setting is to start the service automatically.

A:Something keeps stopping the print spooler service

I dont know of a solution, or even a known problem, but I do know you will need to supply rather more information. Such as - what printers are attached (list of makes and models) and how are they attached (networked, USB plugin, wireless plugin, cable plugin). Also have any or all of them got any controller software that runs permanently, and has any of that control software got properties that include time-out settings. What do you do with the PC at the end of each day, does it get switched off, hibernated or put to sleep? What are the power-saving settings you have for your PC as a whole, and the printers in particular?

On top of all that, it will probably be necessary for you to describe how, or if, you allow printer drivers to automatically update themselves, and some history of when did this problem begin, and does the start of the problem coincide with any major change to the PC, such as adding new hardware, updating a service pack, suffering a virus infection etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/something-keeps-stopping-the-print-spooler-service.202931/
Relevancy 33.11%

hello all,

i have a strage problem with my windows 2003 server spooler service.it keeps on crashing randomly.this is my print server also. so i have to start this service manually in all the time.at first it was logging this error in event viewer
"Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version 5.2.3790.3959, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

then,this info by Dr.Watson.

"The application, C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 08/13/2009 @ 14:59:48.599 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 00000000 (<nosymbols>)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

then i restarted the server and now it is not logging any error, but keeps on crashing.
if anybody can help me in this greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance
sumesh

A:Spooler service stopping automatically

How old is the hard drive? How much use has it had? You might want to run the S.M.A.R.T. test from the website of the drive manufacturer (unless it is a Tri-Gem or Toshiba which do not have one.
Remember that S.M.A.R.T. evaluations of hard drives have a 11% error rate... for bad ones reported good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/spooler-service-stopping-automatically.132865/
Relevancy 32.68%

Ok, so this is what I did.
The other day my pc was infected with a virus, so I started a scan and got "rid of it" but I noticed that they were a lot of programs running on task manager so I started to delete the ones I did not recognized and one of them was the spoolsv.exe on system32. When I wanted to print a document it said that no printers were installed so I went to devices and printers and add a printer and I get a message: "windows cant open add printer. the Local Print Spooler Service is not running." So I got another windows 7 pc and I tried copying the spoolsv and spoolss.dll from that pc to the one with the problem and I'm still getting the same problem.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

A:Local Print Spooler Service is not running

Locate Control Panel and open Administrative Tools. Double click Services and look down the list for Print Spooler. Right click, select Properties and you'll find options to start the service.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-print-spooler-service-is-not-running.218323/
Relevancy 33.97%

My OS is Win8.1, 64-bit and my printer is HP LASERJET P2035

I keep getting this message, “ERROR printer spooler not running”
I have watched the TSG videos and have done everything that is suggested.

I ran the services.msc, found the print spooler, right click and clicked start but it gave me this error message, “0x800706b9:Not enough resources . . .

On the Devices screen I cannot delete a printer or add a printer.

Is there anything to do except buy a new printer?
If I do install a new printer will I have the same spooler problem?
I’m willing to try anything you might suggest.
Thank-you, Ray

A:Printer Spooler

Please do not start more than one thread for the same issue.

Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-spooler.1152137/
Relevancy 33.97%

My OS is Win8.1, 64-bit and my printer is HP LASERJET P2035

I keep getting this message, “ERROR printer spooler not running”
I have watched the TSG videos and have done everything that you suggest.

I ran the services.msc, found the print spooler, right click and clicked start but it gave me this error message, “0x800706b9:Not enough resources . . .

On the Devices screen I cannot delete a printer or add a printer.

Is there anything to do except buy a new printer?
If I do install a new printer will I have the same spooler problem?
I’m willing to try anything you might suggest.
Thank-you, Ray

I'm having the same exact problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-spooler.1151738/
Relevancy 32.25%

to complete this operation I did find Print Start available resources Spooler Not 0x800706b9 enough Error these but don t know how to correct them or if they are causing the print spooler problems - - Info CSI b SR Cannot repair member file l quot utc app json quot of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI b SR Cannot repair member file l quot telemetry ASM-WindowsDefault json quot of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI bc SR Cannot repair member file l quot utc app json quot of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch Print Spooler Start Error 0x800706b9 Not enough resources available - - Info CSI bd SR This component was referenced by l Print Spooler Start Error 0x800706b9 Not enough resources available quot Package for KB bf ad e amd - neutral GDR quot - - Info CSI bf SR Cannot repair member file l quot telemetry ASM-WindowsDefault json quot of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l quot Amd CNBJ DPB quot of prncacla inf Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type l quot driverUpdate quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI b SR Cannot repair member file l quot Amd CNBJ DPB quot of prncacla inf Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type l quot driverUpdate quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI e SR Cannot repair member file Print Spooler Start Error 0x800706b9 Not enough resources available l quot utc app json quot of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI eb SR Cannot repair member file l quot telemetry ASM-WindowsDefault json quot of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI ed SR Cannot repair member file l quot Amd CNBJ DPB quot of prncacla inf Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type l quot driverUpdate quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI ee SR Repairing corrupted file ml l quot C WINDOWS SysWOW quot l quot dbghelp dll quot from store - - Info CSI f SR Cannot repair member file l quot Amd CNBJ DPB quot of prncacla inf Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type l quot driverUpdate quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI f SR This component was referenced by l quot Package for KB bf ad e amd - neutral GDR quot - - Info CSI f SR Cannot repair member file l quot utc app json quot of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-start-error-0x800706b9-not-enough-resources-available.1154168/
Relevancy 32.68%

This my system information:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 2039 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 76316 MB, Free - 40778 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, Portable PC
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

I have followed all steps for resolving my Windows XP printer spooler not running error message. My problem is I cannot locate the spooler in my computer.

A:Solved: Windows XP Printer Spooler not running.

Hi Samuel and welcome to TSG .http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/252123-45-print-spooler-service-running Scroll down to best answer. Bob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-printer-spooler-not-running.1153606/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello!
I am currently dealing with a virus or something of the sort, but I'm not sure if this will be related to that or not. I have pages and pages and pages in my Norton Log telling me that "You blocked Spooler Subsystem App from accessing your network resources," but I never did change that, I don't think. I followed the program path, but when I look, it isn't there. I get this notification every 30 seconds, it's quite annoying, to say the least. I'm not quite sure what information you would need from me, but I will post a screenshot of the error message. 
Thanks in advance for your help!

Untitled.jpg   63.64KB
  0 downloads

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585648/possible-spooler-issue/
Relevancy 31.82%

We're having a weird issue where newly installed images will randomly once or twice a day have their print spooler hang This is across Desktop and Laptop computers Older installs from the same image and with the same updates seem to not have the issue This Offline hanging Spooler Print shown network so keeps printers as are started about a week ago Our print server is a Scientific Linux CUPS server with samba providing windows printing We use mostly the CUPS postscript driver though for Print Spooler keeps hanging so network printers are shown as Offline a few printers we use vendor drivers We have about print queues we push out via GPP Running Windows Enterprise x SP Looking at the computer the print spooler shows as running All network printers are greyed out Nothing obvious in the application or system event logs GPUpdate will fail with quot access denied Print Spooler keeps hanging so network printers are shown as Offline quot errors Restart the print spooler - everything starts working till next time We've tried deleting all the printers and re-adding them via the GPP Print Spooler keeps hanging so network printers are shown as Offline That works fine till the next day or so One weird thing is that re-booting the computer DOES NOT fix the print spooler you have to restart it as administrator while Windows is up for it to start working I've created a script that will elevate and restart the print spooler and this is a quot fix quot but obviously we'd like to have the printing keep working nbsp Any ideas

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9f9e56cf-0ff3-44e6-93bc-424cb7fe87d0/print-spooler-keeps-hanging-so-network-printers-are-shown-as-offline?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi There
This is in an office that have 30 users with Windows 7 Pro.
A single user have issues as the Print Spooler stop running and need to manually START from Services.MSC and even after few hours, it will STOP running and need to START the services which will work good,
Also once reboot the machine, the Print Spooler will dissapear.
Any ideas please?
thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/437bb0c6-9cfc-47c0-bbb2-17d50a3e7a99/printer-spooler-stop-itself-or-after-reboot?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi, this is my first post and of the bat I am not the most tech savvy when it comes to OS.

I have used WinDirStat and found a 395 gb unknown. Then I used TreeSizeFree and identified that the 395 gb is in System32\spooler\drivers\x65. i do not know what or where it comes from.

My Windows 8 keeps trying to update, gets to 30% and fails. Undo what it has done and leaves me with even less space.

Can anyone help?

Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556661/i-have-a-395gb-spooler-folder-in-my-system32-folder-and-win-8-cant-help-please/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a PC running vista that keeps having the print spooler crashing. I can print maybe one time before I get a pop up box saying

Spooler SubSystem App Stopped Working and Was Closed

Then if I go to the event viewer I get the following

Event 1000
Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version 6.0.6002.18294, time stamp 0x4c6aa29a, faulting module hppdcompio.dll, version 1.3.0.24, time stamp 0x4c9685da, exception code 0xc0000417, fault offset 0x000000000000552c, process id 0xaf4, application start time 0x01cd69fdecc9154e.

A:Print Spooler Crashing Vista hp laserjet 1536

Press Windows+R key and typeservices.msc and click okRight click on print spooler-stop itPress Windows+R key and copy this path%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printersclick okDelete the files in the folderRestart the PC and try to print now

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462328/print-spooler-crashing-vista-hp-laserjet-1536/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello I am having an issue with the printer spooler specifically I can t print anything from my machine After spending time on the phone with HP support we were able to find a temporary workaround with printing directly to the printer However some functionality is lost i e double sided printing and it s not a long term solution Here are the details Computer is a Dell Vostro Operating system is Windows Printer problem spooler Vista Business bit Printer is a HP Photosmart C a The printer is connected via USB When trying to print Printer spooler problem from Word Excel Outlook even Notepad the printer loads up the doc and says it is printing It just seems to freeze and the machine starts running very slow The task manager shows CPU usage near sometimes when I only have - programs open Sometimes the machine crashes all together and restarts A restart is the only way to clear the printer I ve tried Printer spooler problem uninstalling and reinstalling the printer software multiple times HP Printer spooler problem support walked me through starting and stopping the printer spooler but that did not work either HP seemed to think the spooler issue is related to vista Any help would be appreciated Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/409187/printer-spooler-problem/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi all I am having an issue with the printer spooler specifically I can t print anything from my machine After spending time on the phone with HP support we were able to find a temporary workaround with printing directly to the printer However some functionality is lost i e double sided printing and it s not a long term solution Here are the details Computer is a Dell Vostro Operating system is Windows Vista Business bit Printer is a HP Photosmart C a The printer is connected via USB When trying to print from Word Excel Outlook even Notepad the printer loads up the doc and says it is printing It just seems to freeze and - Vista bit 32 problem Business spooler printer the machine starts running very slow The task Vista Business 32 bit - printer spooler problem manager shows CPU usage near sometimes when I only have - programs open Sometimes the machine crashes all together and restarts A restart is the only way to clear the printer I ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer software multiple times HP support walked me through starting and stopping the printer spooler but that did not work either HP seemed to think the spooler issue is related to vista Any help would be appreciated Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401043/vista-business-32-bit-printer-spooler-problem/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a problem which is unfortunately recurrent The computer will say quot no printers installed quot when I go to print Usually I would go to control panel administration and click on the Services button or item This would bring up a list of services which can run either automatically manually spooler print off shutting or not at all I go down to Print print spooler shutting off Spooler and see whether it is started by clicking on it If not to the left you can click on Start or ReStart You can also right click on the Print Spooler entry and check quot properties quot Various tabs come up Go to the quot Services Dependency quot tab This will tell you which services should be running in order for Print Spooler to run correctly Write these down then go back into the original service list where you found Print Spooler and look for the names of the services which you just wrote down to be sure they are enabled If they are not marked quot automatically quot change to setting to that for each quot service dependency quot item Now if you exit the Administration and Control Panel your printers should show up visually in quot Printers quot and your printer should print Great BUT in my case it may print one or two things but then the Print Spooler shuts off again and you have to go back and do the above again and again My thought is a virus but I do have AVG virus software operating and it has not detected anything I also ran Malabytes spyware but nothing Can anyone solve this problem for me Oh yes I did reboot the computer problem remains Guy

A:print spooler shutting off

Uninstall all printer software...then reinstall same.

louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460930/print-spooler-shutting-off/
Relevancy 28.81%

HELP! I've tried everything, but I cannot get the print spooler service to start on Windows 10. I have viewed your youtube talk and did everything you suggested (e.g. no "lex..." thing going on). I have a brand new Dell laptop. Add Device found the printer (an HP Photosmart 5520 series) but it never connected or worked. I tried uninstalling the printer but it just stalls and does nothing. I've tried installing driver updates from HP, but they say "failed installation." The operating system error message I get is:

Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer.
Error 0x800706b9: Not enough resources are available to complete this operation.

What?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-could-not-start-the-print-spooler-service-windows-10-64bit.1154629/
Relevancy 33.11%

After working for some time, I have run into problems with the Windows 7 print spooler as it will not print to my HP 8630 network printer.

The problem seems to be that the spooler will not clear the files after a file is printed. I go to manually clear the spooler by stopping it and trying to erase the file in the windows/system 32/spool/printer file- but there are several .tmp files which will not delete. There is an error message which says that they are currently is use by the "printfilterpipelinesvc.exe file". In order to a print a file, I have to stop the spooler and restart it. Also, the spooler does not delete the .tmp files until the system is rebooted.

I have reloaded the HP software, run the HP diagnostics, run the windows fixit, checked for corrupted files with scannow and cleared all malware.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/380291-windows-7-print-spooler-will-mot-clear.html
Relevancy 33.11%

After working for some time, I have run into problems with the Windows 7 print spooler as it will not print to my HP 8630 network printer.

The problem seems to be that the spooler will not clear the files after a file is printed. I go to manually clear the spooler by stopping it and trying to erase the file in the windows/system 32/spool/printer file- but there are several .tmp files which will not delete. There is an error message which says that they are currently is use by the "printfilterpipelinesvc.exe file". In order to a print a file, I have to stop the spooler and restart it. Also, the spooler does not delete the .tmp files until the system is rebooted.

I have reloaded the HP software, run the HP diagnostics, run the windows fixit, checked for corrupted files with scannow and cleared all malware.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:Windows 7 Print Spooler will not clear

Hello Ken, and welcome to Seven Forums.

I'm not sure what's causing the issue, but you could use OPTION ONE in the tutorial below make clearing the print spooler easier if you like.

Print Spooler Queue - Clear and Reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/380291-windows-7-print-spooler-will-not-clear.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Recently purchased and dowloaded malwarebytes protection, and now I cannot print. I can see the printers I have installed but upon printing it says I have no printers installed. If I attempt to add a printer I receive the message "The Active Directory Domain Services is unavailable." If I attempt to start the printer spooler I receive the message "Windows could not start Printe Spooler services on Local Computer Error 0x800706b9: Not enough resources are available to complete this operation."

I don't know what to try anymore. I have researched and tried many solutions, but none have worked. Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-printer-spooler-refuses-to-start-have-tried-many-things.1155237/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi,

both of my printers:

HP 1022
Canon IP4300

Have stopped showing in any documents that I want to print from such as PDF Acrobat and Outlook 2010 and any other. They state that I don't have any installed but if I look in control panel then the HP is there but under unspecified and the canon has a yellow triangle.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64
If I try to print I get 2 things.

1) The active domain directory services is currently unavailable
2) If I try to add a printer I get the message "Windows can't open add printer. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the machine".

Done that with no solution.

If I go into services I can start it but after \i reboot the PC it reverts back to being switched off.

Any ideas please?

A:Print Spooler Service Is Not Working

Have a look at this tutorial that explains how to reset the Print Spooler queue.

Print Spooler Queue - Clear and Reset

The problem can also occur if dependencies that the print spooler needs are not configured correctly.

In Services.msc, right-click Print Spooler and click Properties.

Click the Dependencies tab.
The first box lists the services that must be running for Print Spooler to start.
Note each service and click OK.
Start each service upon which Print Spooler is dependent if it is not already started.
If not, right-click the service and choose Properties and select Automatic.
If none of the above works you may need to re-install or update the printer drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/202899-print-spooler-service-not-working.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Out of no where my printer can not be found by computer.  when I go to add a printer I am told I can't cause print spooler is not running.   When I try to start the print spooler I get errror code 87

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a756a12a-fd53-4a7b-84f2-363dac6a4f2b/print-spooler-will-not-start-error-87-the-parameter-is-incorrect?forum=itprovistaprinting
Relevancy 32.25%

We have a Server Standard edition w service Print 2008 spooler Server stopping SP running Print Services role We have printers objects installed nbsp Running various printer drivers from HP Brother Xerox Konica Kyocera Toshiba and Lexmark I have tried to use the universal print drivers where possible nbsp HP Xerox Drivers installed HP Universal Printing PCL v x x HP Universal Printing PS v x x Xerox Global Print Driver PS x x Lexmark T MS x Lexmark T MS x Lexmark T x Lexmark T PS x Brother HL- Series x Konica Minolta PS x Kyocera KM-C KX Server 2008 Print spooler service stopping x Toshiba e-Studio Series PCL x The print server will run fine for awhile Server 2008 Print spooler service stopping ran all last week w o incident then the print spooler started crashing again nbsp It stops every few moments w o any technical staff making any changes to the print server Users are still printing Here's the event viewer information Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SystemSource nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Service Control ManagerDate nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AMEvent ID nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category NoneLevel nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ErrorKeywords nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ClassicUser nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N AComputer nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PS domainDescription The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly nbsp It has done this time s Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot D -A D - - E E- D F quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Version gt lt Version gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Correlation gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt PS domain lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Security gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot param quot gt Print Spooler lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt nbsp lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ApplicationSource nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Application ErrorDate nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AMEvent ID nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category Level nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ErrorKeywords nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ClassicUser nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N AComputer nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PS domainDescription Faulting application spoolsv exe version time stamp x e faulting module ntdll dll version time stamp x e exception code x fault offset x process id x c application start time x cabfaeffd bbbc Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt PS domain lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Security gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt spoolsv exe lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt e lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt ntdll dll lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt e lt Data gt nbs... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b34e49cb-a55b-477d-93c8-9344ecfe110f/server-2008-print-spooler-service-stopping?forum=itprovistaprinting
Relevancy 27.95%

The Print Spooler on my Asus Win 7 Laptop has stopped working most of the time. I looked at the Services and noticed that Print Spooler seems to repeatedly start and stop but never stabilises. Consequently none of my network printers, PDF creator, XPS printer, etc operate, but they are displayed occasionally in Devices & Printers.
I've looked at C: Windows/System32/Spool/Printers but there are no files to delete.

Any ideas would be most welcome... please.
Many Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/381508-print-spooler-stop-start-stop.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello Com the system i have an issue on is windows server R with the desktop experience role bit gig ram x gb ssd s in raid gb available the server is Print and 4,2gb spools Server Windows Spooler only 2012 stops / connected via vpn to a home pc to this home pc Windows Server 2012 / Print Spooler spools 4,2gb only and stops a printer is connected both the home pc and the server have a mbit internet connection so the connection isnt the bottleneck i am using the server because it offers more power which i need cause i print big pictures i am printing with photoshop and when one page is spooled the spl file is gb in size i can easily print the same page - times but on the fourth it stops spooling amp printing nbsp approx when gig have been spooled the limit got to be the file size cause i can print about small pages photoshop also isnt the bottleneck i tried the same file on the same printer but on win and was able to print about pages I already rebooted reinstalled drivers as well as a complete reinstallation is there any way to fix this

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f11c6fc5-0456-48f1-ad9a-439f789c511f/windows-server-2012-print-spooler-spools-42gb-only-and-stops?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 33.11%

I have an HP desktop computer running Windows 7 it has an HP photosmart Printer and an Kodak AIO 5500 attached to it and shared over the network. Everything is fine with the HP printer but every time I try to print to the Kodak the print spooler keeps
stopping. I have tried many of the work arounds I have found but nothing helps. Every time I try to print to the KOdak I have to wait until after I have made all the print option and then I have to start the spooler.  The firmware and software is up to
date on the Kodak printer.  How can I fix this?

A:Print spooler keeps stopping on Windows 7

Hi,

I would like to suggest you perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Clear Printer Spooler Files and Enable the Spooler Service
=================================
1. Click Start, type "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks) in the Search box and press Enter.
2. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.
3. Click Stop and click OK.
4. Click Start, type "%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers" in the Start Search box and press Enter, delete all files in this folder.
5. Click Start, type "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks) in the Start Search box and press Enter.
6. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.
7. Click on Start. In the Startup Type list, make sure that "Automatic" is selected and click OK.

Does it work?

Regards,Arthur Li - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fd7f46d3-baa1-4a38-9ad3-dec5426d9297/print-spooler-keeps-stopping-on-windows-7?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a Toshiba laptop (gift last Xmas) just purchased a new hp all in one printer 2132. Cannot get the printer to install either by downloading the soft ware or by the CD that came with the printer. I get an error message that says the printer spooler not working restart computer. Can any one help??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-spooler.1157968/
Relevancy 32.68%

I am running Windows 8.1 and have recently downloaded a new printer to my computer. My home printer was a HP and was working fine but at work I use a Canon MF4800. I thought I could have them both installed and designate where to print based on my location home/work. However, now I keep getting the message that my print spooler isn't working. I have gone into services.msc and made sure that the designated places are running, but am still unable to print. In my device manager it lists the Canon printer in my software devices category, rather than under printers.?? There are no printers listed under the printer category. But is I go into add a new device, I can see both printers although both are inactive. I need to be able to access both printers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-1068-print-spooler-wont-respond.1158470/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have tried all the fixes I can find, but when I try to restart I get error 2: can not find file specified

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-spooler-service-not-running.1158644/
Relevancy 33.54%

Print spooler will not start. Error:
"Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer.
Error 0x800706b9: Not enough resources are available to complete this operation."

Thanks in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/win-8-1-print-spooler-will-not-start-1060698.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Recently my grandson allowed several viruses to enter my computer while I Error Receive I Print A Cannot Print & Msg Spooler he was on gaming I was on the phone with Norton I did not know about Tech Guy formore than hours while they worked to salvage my computer They removed many files from my Programs folder and I m sure they removed operating files I now cannot print I receive the following error message whenever I Cannot Print & I Receive A Print Spooler Error Msg I try quot Windows could not start the Print Spooler Service on Local Computer Error Ox b Not enough resources are available to complete this operation I have tried everything I have followed the Tech Guys online lesson on UTube which did not work and I have already tried going to Start Run etc I am on Windows and my computer is a HP Pavilion Model -vo us Notebook I am just sick because I am a single parent raising my grandson and I have a small business This computer has all of my business files and I cannot afford to buy another computer I am also geetting slammed with Ad Pop-Ups from RightCoupon etc and there is nothing in my program files to remove They just keep popping up by the dozen even though I have several extensions to remove malware So there are problems but the printer one is the most serious I also tried removing my printer files and it gives me thhe same error message as stated above Help nbsp

A:I Cannot Print & I Receive A Print Spooler Error Msg

I am also getting slammed with Ad Pop-Ups from RightCoupon, etc.Click to expand...

Go here, then click the "Download Now @ Bleeping Computer" button to download and save AdwCleaner.exe to your desktop.

If you get a warning that this file is unsafe to download, ignore the warning.

Close all open windows first, then double-click AdwCleaner.exe to load its main window.

Click the "Scan" button, then allow the scanning process to finish.

Several seconds may pass before the scanning process starts, so be patient.

Click the "Logfile" button.

When the log appears, save it.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE log here.

After you submit the log, close AdwCleaner.

If a warning appears, click "Yes".

I am on Windows 10 and my computer is a HP Pavilion, Model 14 -vo16us NotebookClick to expand...

You possibly made a typo in the model number of that HP Pavilion laptop.

What's the exact part/product number(P/N) on it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cannot-print-i-receive-a-print-spooler-error-msg.1159317/
Relevancy 32.68%

I'm getting this error but I can still print locally and from the network I have googled this Failed Operation Code Spooler 315, Error forum and have not found a solution Seems like a lot of people have this error if there a fix yet Log Name Microsoft-Windows-PrintService Admin Source Microsoft-Windows-PrintService Date AM Event ID Task Category Sharing a printer Level Error Keywords Classic Spooler Event Error Code 315, Spooler Operation Failed Printer User SYSTEM Computer Biostari -PC Description The print spooler failed to share printer hp deskjet c with shared resource name hp deskjet c Error The printer cannot be used by others on the network Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name Error Code 315, Spooler Operation Failed quot Microsoft-Windows-PrintService quot Guid quot EF FD-E - D -B - C F A quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID Error Code 315, Spooler Operation Failed gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-PrintService Admin lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Biostari -PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt UserData gt lt ShareFailed xmlns auto-ns quot http schemas microsoft com win events quot xmlns quot http manifests microsoft com win windows printing spooler core events quot gt lt Param gt lt Param gt lt Param gt hp deskjet c lt Param gt lt Param gt hp deskjet c lt Param gt lt ShareFailed gt lt UserData gt lt Event gt

A:Error Code 315, Spooler Operation Failed

This Tech net article should be of help:

Event 315 with error 2114 on startup - Microsoft Reduce Customer Effort Center - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/277060-error-code-315-spooler-operation-failed.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Long story short, I have a printer and print to IP. I need the option under the advanced printer settings for "spool directly to printer" to stay selected. Every time I log off and back on the printer goes back to spooling. I've tried disabling
the print spooler in Services altogether, however when I do that Devices and Printer show no printer at all. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e6145f0d-f84d-4ca6-802f-b50979fb5bfc/i-need-to-keep-a-printer-from-using-the-spooler?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 33.97%

I tried to restart it like the utube video
But it said this

Error 0X800706b9: not enough resources are available to complete this operation

A:Printer spooler

Hello and welcome to TSG,

Continue as follows please:

Change the download folder setting in the default Browser so all tools we may use are saved to the Desktop:

Google Chrome - Click the "Customize and control Google Chrome" button in the upper right-corner of the browser.
Choose Settings. at the bottom of the screen click the
"Show advanced settings..." link. Scroll down to find the Downloads section and click the Change... button. Select your desktop and click OK.

Mozilla Firefox - Click the "Open Menu" button in the upper right-corner of the browser. Choose Options. In the downloads section, click the Browse button, click on the Desktop folder and the click the "Select Folder" button. Click OK to get out of the Options menu.

Internet Explorer - Click the Tools menu in the upper right-corner of the browser. Select View downloads. Select the Options link in the lower left of the window. Click Browse and select the Desktop and then choose the Select Folder button. Click OK to get out of the download options screen and then click Close to get out of the View Downloads screen.
NOTE: IE8 Does not support changing download locations in this manner. You will need to download the tool(s) to the default folder, usually Downloads, then copy them to the desktop.

Next,

Follow the instructions in the following link to show hidden files:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-see-hidden-files-in-windows/

Next,

Please open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
On the Settings tab > Detection and Protection sub tab, Detection Options, tick the box "Scan for rootkits".
Under Non-Malware Protection sub tab Change PUP and PUM entries to Treat detections as Malware
Click on the Scan tab, then click on Scan Now >> . If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.
With some infections, you may or may not see this message box.

'Could not load DDA driver'

Click 'Yes' to this message, to allow the driver to load after a restart.
Allow the computer to restart. Continue with the rest of these instructions.
When the scan is complete, click Apply Actions.
Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.
After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.

To get the log from Malwarebytes do the following:
Click on the History tab > Application Logs.
Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
Click Export > From export you have three options:

Copy to Clipboard - if seleted right click to your reply and select "Paste" log will be pasted to your reply
Text file (*.txt) - if selected you will have to name the file and save to a place of choice, recommend "Desktop" then attach to reply
XML file (*.xml) - if selected you will have to name the file and save to a place of choice, recommend "Desktop" then attach to reply

Recommend you use "Copy to Clipboard, then Right click to your reply > select "Paste" that will copy the log to your reply?
If Malwarebytes is not installed follow these instructions first:

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.

Double-click mbam-setup and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:
Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
A 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish. Follow the instructions above....

Next,

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system (32 bit or 64 bit). If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

I... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-spooler.1161105/
Relevancy 31.82%

Gday everyone I have spooler subsystems app stopped working message coming up every min estimated I haven't been able to print for months seem to start when i set up account for daughter to use I deleted account when issue first started but no luck I have done system restore to before account was set up no luck Have tried to remove and install printer Lexmark x which used to say can not do as spooler stopped but now tells me the uninstaller has issues too I have tried a couple of things which are on net such as turning on ports in services and deleting printer in REGEDIT with no luck Below is the problem details when spooler stops doesn't mean anything to me I just want my printer to work as it was fine before all this started All the forums i have seen doesn't seem to have a fix that works for me Any Help Greatly Appreciated as i don't want to reload vista as some people have done Cheers The hobboProblem signature Problem Event Name BEX Application Name spoolsv exe Application Version Application Timestamp e Fault Module Name StackHash fd Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp Exception Offset da Exception Code c Exception Data OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f

A:spooler subsystems app. stopped working, vista home premium

I had "spooler subsystem app stopped working..." and found solution that may help you to fix your case.

I don't know some how vista turn off LDP port after installing new printer driver and leaves only Internet client port only. That why the printer spooler service failed to start. Solution is:

1. Go to Programs and Features in Control panel > click Turn Windows features on or off
2. click + sign of Print services
3. Select LPD and LPR. You should remove Internet Printing Client. > restart your PC to ensure there is no error of spooler service.

4. Add your printer driver again.

It worked for me. Let try.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7897e5d3-bf90-4c13-931a-f9b6ce5a930a/spooler-subsystems-app-stopped-working-vista-home-premium?forum=itprovistaprinting
Relevancy 33.54%

Okay guys I have tried just about everything I have read on the forums and tried everything from the youtube video you posted on fixing the print spooler but nothing has worked. I have a 64bit win7 machine. I did have a Lexmark printer at one time but I do not see the LexBce server anywhere. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-not-running.1162028/
Relevancy 46.01%

We have 7 computers on a local network 3 of them have local printers 2 and are brand new Vista equiped. we shared the local printers on the vista machines but they are unaccessable from one vista to the other... it works from an XP to a Vista, but not from a Vista to a Vista.... go figure.... When we try to add the printers, the error message that we get is: "windows cannot connect to the printer. the local print spooler service is not running. please restart the spooler or restart the machine."
I would appreciate any help...
Thank you

A:windows cannot connect to the printer the local print spooler service is not running please restart the spooler or restart the m

I ran into this exact same issue today.

The way we fixed it was by checking the Properties on the Print Spooler service under services.msc.
Go to the Log On Tab and make sure that the 'Local System account' option is selected along with the 'Allow service to interact with desktop' box.

Then set the Print spooler service to auto and start it.  After that you should have no problem installing your printer (s). 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cad5221a-d21b-4bf0-8e86-cacae254cb52/windows-cannot-connect-to-the-printer-the-local-print-spooler-service-is-not-running-please-restart?forum=itprovistaprinting
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm a college student and I'm trying to print my paper but its not working. I keep getting the error message that the printer spooler isn't working and not enough resources are connected. help please !!!

Try:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...h/e1dfc5d2-cc22-43fe-9721-de813b3c85fa?auth=1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-spooler.1162174/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi All,

I had "spooler subsystem app stopped working..." and found solution that may help you to fix your case.

I don't know some how vista turn off LDP port after installing new printer driver and leaves only Internet client port only. That why the printer spooler service failed to start. Solution is:

1. Go to Programs and Features in Control panel > click Turn Windows features on or off
2. click + sign of Print services
3. Select LPD and LPR. You should remove Internet Printing Client. > restart your PC to ensure there is no error of spooler service.

4. Add your printer driver again.

It worked for me. Let try.

Chan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/460f297a-dd66-4476-a176-542e1519ca3e/fixed-spooler-subsystem-app-stopped-working?forum=itprovistaprinting
Relevancy 47.3%

I not have battery in my laptop.
Then i have disabled "Microsoft AC Adapter" and "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" in "Device Manager" but not is possibile to disable "Microsoft Composite Battery".
Why, It makes sense to have "Microsoft Composite Battery" without "Microsoft AC Adapter" and "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/388341-impossibile-disable-microsoft-composite-battery.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Several weeks ago my printers used to work with my computer. The other day I went to print a document and then I get the message that I have no printers installed. I have an Epson Workforce 7620. The printers used to be listed and now there are none listed. I downloaded the drivers from the EPSON website and tried to install and get the error "0x800706b9 not enough resources available". Get the same error when trying to install with disc that came with the printer. Any ideas? I have worked hours on this problem with no resolve. Printer used to work ok but now not working at all...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-problem-with-windows-8-1.1163271/
Relevancy 28.81%

The files to certain spooler Print pdf print attempting when chokes print spooler chokes on both of my Windows machines when trying to deal with certain pdf files For instance when I tried to print https thebasscase files wordpress so-what pdf via my browser Print spooler chokes when attempting to print certain pdf files Chrome it printed the first pages but the printer showed an error when it came to the seventh page When I then tried to create another job just to print the seventh page it just hung around in the print spool and nothing happened at the printer I tried this several times on two machines It was also impossible either to cancel the job in the print queue manager or to stop the spooler in the services manager in order to manually clear the print queue which meant that the only way I could clear the queue was to restart the machine I got the same behaviour whether I was printing to my physical printer or to the MS pdf printer I also got the same behaviour when I tried to print from a different browser Edge This is not the first time I have had a problem with an unprintable file like this in Windows Is there a solution

A:Print spooler chokes when attempting to print certain pdf files

Chrome has had an issue with printing PDF's from the built in PDF viewer. There is nothing wrong with your printer, Windows 10 install or Print Spooler.

Save the PDF and then print from Acrobat if you need the pdf printed.

Google refuses to fix their problem.

If you open it in Firefox, it will print.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36943-print-spooler-chokes-when-attempting-print-certain-pdf-files.html
Relevancy 28.81%

The print spooler chokes on both of my Windows machines when trying to deal with certain pdf files For instance when I tried to print https thebasscase files wordpress so-what pdf via my browser Chrome it printed the first pages but the printer showed an error when it came to the seventh page When I then tried to create another job just to print the seventh page it just hung around in the print spool and nothing happened at the printer I tried this several times on two certain Print pdf when attempting to files spooler print chokes machines It was also impossible either to cancel the job in the print queue manager or to stop the spooler in the services manager in order to manually clear the print queue which meant that the only way I could clear the queue was to restart the machine I got the same behaviour whether I was printing to my physical printer or to the MS pdf printer I also got the same behaviour when I tried to print from a different Print spooler chokes when attempting to print certain pdf files browser Edge This is not the first time I have had a problem with an unprintable file like this in Windows Is there Print spooler chokes when attempting to print certain pdf files a solution

A:Print spooler chokes when attempting to print certain pdf files

Chrome has had an issue with printing PDF's from the built in PDF viewer. There is nothing wrong with your printer, Windows 10 install or Print Spooler.

Save the PDF and then print from Acrobat if you need the pdf printed.

Google refuses to fix their problem.

If you open it in Firefox, it will print.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/36943-print-spooler-chokes-when-attempting-print-certain-pdf-files.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi everyone, just sign up to this forum and needed some help with a spooler issue.

This is the video that I saw and reason how I found this website.
I did everything from this video, plus tried the command promt.
If anyone would send me a link or show me how to fix this issue I will be very grateful.
Thank you again for looking at this message
Oh other things
Computer is 64bit, amd a4, toshiba.
Had no issues with brother HL1440 till one day something happened to the computer and it just didn't want to work with that printer. We got another printer and it still wont work.

A:Spooler help

What is the exact error message you are getting? What is your operating system?

Did you recently remove malware from your computer? Did you use a registry cleaner or any other type of PC optimizer recently? Do you have an idea what happened right before this problem started? Installed or uninstalled any software or driver?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spooler-help.1164156/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have multiple hp printers connected to USB ports (an old color 960, and a 1022 laser printer).  When both printers are actively printing and i go to print another document in Adobe, I get an error message that there is nothing to print, or nothing
is selected.  This triggers the spooler to reset and all documents printing, stop, and start over again, from page 1.  This wouldn't be an issue if they were not color photographs and 100 page documents!
Its wasting a lot of paper.  It's also random.  It might not happen for a week, and then happen 3 times in a row on the same day.  The only commonality of them is they are printed out of Acrobat from adobe.  It did not happen in Windows
7 Pro, the previous operating system.

Any clues?

(i7, 16 gigs of ram, 5t hard drives and one 250 ssd which holds windows 10)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bc3009a2-e80c-47ff-9c47-89eadc8d8ec6/windows-10-spooler-restarts-when-trying-to-print-something-from-acrobat?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 33.97%

My update to Windows from Windows went without problems but none of the three printers attached to my computer worked and I have been struggling with the problem over the last two weeks There is another long thread quot Can't connect to Printer quot which has not produced a solution One solution seemed to be to delete the printers and then Add Problem is they won't delete - just get a notation quot No driver available quot If you try to Add a printer you get quot Windows cannot Add a Printer because the Print Spooler is turned off - Spooler Print Restart it If you go Print Spooler to Services Print Spooler Properties you find that the Spooler is indeed stopped There is a Start button and a space for Start Parameters I don't know what any parameters would be but if you press Start without any you get an error Message x quot Wrong Parameters quot A search in Google for this error produces a flood of items It seems too be a very common error I didn't find anything helpful Does anyone know how to restart Print Spooler Stuart

A:Print Spooler

Originally Posted by sagrant

My update to Windows 10 from Windows 7 went without problems but none of the three printers attached to my computer worked and I have been struggling with the problem over the last two weeks. There is another long thread "Can't connect to Printer" which has not produced a solution.
One solution seemed to be to delete the printers and then Add. Problem is they won't delete - just get a notation "No driver available". If you try to Add a printer you get "Windows cannot Add a Printer because the Print Spooler is turned off - Restart it.
If you go to Services/Print Spooler/Properties you find that the Spooler is indeed stopped. There is a Start button and a space for Start Parameters. I don't know what any parameters would be but if you press Start without any, you get an error Message 0x70080057 "Wrong Parameters".
A search in Google for this error produces a flood of items. It seems too be a very common error ! I didn't find anything helpful.
Does anyone know how to restart Print Spooler ?
Stuart

Have you solved tthe problem?
Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/15838-print-spooler.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I have Windows 7 Professional Edition 64 bit.
I removed the print spooler service by mistake and i want to reinstall it now. I have tried "sfc /scannow" without any luck.
Is there any other way?

A:Print Spooler Service Removed

Hi,
I've uploaded the REG file for Spooler service here:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/misc/w7-spooler.zip
Unzip, extract the REG file to Desktop. Double-click to merge it with the registry. Restart Windows.Ramesh Srinivasan | The Winhelponline Blog
Microsoft MVP, Windows Desktop Experience

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9d0bd665-621d-449e-a22f-b512e068ba2a/print-spooler-service-removed?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello,

I am having difficulties troubleshooting or fixing my print spooler services. I followed your instructions but I have a different error message.

I am on Windows 7 (64 bit) I went to serices.msc and found print spooler. It says its started, but when I check the dependencies - it is blank.

I get this error message:

Win32: the service cannot be started , either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

Can you please help!

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-problem.1165474/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a 8.1 64 bit. trying to load a new printer I have checked print spooler and it is not running. I try to start and this error code Ox800706b9 ( not enough resources are available to complete this operation) any suggestions ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler.1165589/
Relevancy 33.11%

Environment: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro / Windows 10 / HP Photosmart B210e - wireless connection
Issue: Print spooler service not running
Action: watched your YouTube video addressing this and how to restart spooler - I followed all of the recommendations ans when I tried to start the service I received a message " Windows cannot start print spooler on local computer (error: oX800706b9) not enough resources available.

Any further suggestions???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-service-not-running.1165824/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey guys So I was hoping I could get some input on this issue I'm gonna do a pretty in depth summary of the issue and steps I have crashes reboot Print Spooler constantly on taken but the TLDR is all computers in this office had an issue where the print spooler was completely broken and constantly Print Spooler crashes constantly on reboot restarting I was able to fix of the but one is being particularly troublesome Summary A client called me in to fix some printing issues They Print Spooler crashes constantly on reboot had network printer and decided to get more identical printers but rather than connect them to the network they just connected them over USB A couple days later the problems began which is when they called me in What I discovered was the print spooler was crashing If I restarted it it would just crash again Typically with printer issues I will just delete the printer and drivers and reload Since the spooler was broken I couldn't do this the normal way I found the steps to manually delete the printers in system spool drivers and Print Spooler crashes constantly on reboot also deleted the registry entries for those printers I uninstalled the HP software installer for the printers rebooted and was able to reinstall the printers They each want to be able to print to each others printers so there are versions of the same exact printer We named them of course so they could tell the difference Performing this fix on all pcs fixed the issue for a little bit The computers are identical except one of them has upgraded to while the other are on The one that is still broken is the one on A couple days later the client called again saying that hers was not working again I went back in did the same thing and she could print Then same thing again and again I have been unable to find what I'm looking for googling around and it is getting very frustrating Today I was called again and I have figured out that restarting the pc is was triggers the failure If she doesn't reboot the print spooler doesn't have issues Any help is appreciated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/548f93ca-fbe0-43a4-ac7d-a1a19f9e7819/print-spooler-crashes-constantly-on-reboot?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 32.68%

Hullo there

I'm sorry if this has been covered somewhere, I'm not very good at searches...

I press "Print" & the document appears in the queue window for as long as it takes for "deleting" to also appear then it disappears. I've tried all the fixes I can find on the net, completely removed all traces of HP printer stuff & reinstall the basic stuff to no avail.

I'm a very basic PC user...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/392049-print-spooler-deletes-documents-queue.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Amongst other problems I found that printing anything from the new Edge browser is almost impossible.
When printing to my regular HP printer, spooling takes around 2 hours . I thought the spooler was stuck and restarted it to clear the stuck print job, but then once I forgot to do this and suddenly the printer started to print a couple of hours later. I experimented with this and it does the same every time.
I have the latest driver for my HP printer and it works fine when printing from other browsers so the problem is definitely with Edge. I have gone through every hint I could find on the web but nothing seems to help, but I did see that a lot of other people have the same problem.
Microsoft print to PDF has the same problem.
Any help will be appreciated.

A:Microsoft Edge spooler problems

Mine prints ok all the time I Have an HP Envy Printer
How I do it also with Edge is
Click the 3 dots top right hand corner.
When it opens
Scroll to Print
Click and it will bring up your printer
Then once what you want printed shows
Click Print on Printer and it will print whatever you want it to

Hope that helps

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41747-microsoft-edge-spooler-problems.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Amongst other problems I found that printing anything from the new Edge browser is almost impossible.
When printing to my regular HP printer, spooling takes around 2 hours . I thought the spooler was stuck and restarted it to clear the stuck print job, but then once I forgot to do this and suddenly the printer started to print a couple of hours later. I experimented with this and it does the same every time.
I have the latest driver for my HP printer and it works fine when printing from other browsers so the problem is definitely with Edge. I have gone through every hint I could find on the web but nothing seems to help, but I did see that a lot of other people have the same problem.
Microsoft print to PDF has the same problem.
Any help will be appreciated.

A:Microsoft Edge spooler problems

Mine prints ok all the time I Have an HP Envy Printer
How I do it also with Edge is
Click the 3 dots top right hand corner.
When it opens
Scroll to Print
Click and it will bring up your printer
Then once what you want printed shows
Click Print on Printer and it will print whatever you want it to

Hope that helps

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/41747-microsoft-edge-spooler-problems.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I'll start by asking for any answer to be as low tech as possible. The print spooler on my computer isn't running. When I try to start it, I get "error 1068: dependency service or group fail to start." I have been able (through much trial) to
determine that the RPC dependency is running, but cannot determine the same about the HTTP dependency. Please help.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0a25d417-a413-4ccd-b7fa-5432f1cc2016/windows-8-error-1068-on-print-spooler?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 33.97%

Dell Dimension 9100
XP Pro SP3

I'm hoping someone might have an idea why this notice keeps popping up. For the past week, it shows up most every time I boot. All I know about it is that 'Spooler' somehow involves the printer. I haven't had a printer connected to this computer for 2 or 3 months.

I will add that since this started, the computer has gotten slow, overall, but extremely slow making Internet connections. Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Spybot S&D, Eset on line, Avast and a couple others don't find any problems.

Another thing that started at about the same time is, YouTube videos slow down and sometimes stop. Before, a video would play or hang and stop. I have never had a YT video gradually slow down and then stop.

When I close this notice, I get a another, related notice.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/spooler-spoofin-1103010.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hallo since the beginning of march - Windows Clients crashes 7 Spooler the Spooler keeps on crashing spontaniously and below nbsp thats what Windows 7 Clients - Spooler crashes i get in the Event Center i just checked all the eventlogs of other ppl from the IT - they all got Windows 7 Clients - Spooler crashes at least one Spooler Cras it happens on Windows Clients with bit Primary when working with Office and printing out of it Printer Server is r already tried a couple of Solutions which i found on the Internet - tried to delete all Printer Driver and remapping Printers new didnt work - tried a solution from hp - deleting a registry key - tried to delete the files in System Printers Folder - sfc scannow -- gt all is nbsp OK nbsp - Remake userprofile hmm nothing we tried helped getting the Problem fixed it could be a Windows update from february march but i have no clue how to find out how can we dive deeper to find out WHAT exactly is the Problem the Event message is not really helpfull so maybe some has a clue what to do appreciate your help thanks best regards g nther Protokollname Application Quelle nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Application Error Datum nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Ereignis-ID nbsp nbsp Aufgabenkategorie Ebene nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Fehler Schl sselw rter Klassisch Benutzer nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Nicht zutreffend Computer nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp LWNPC lwn liebherr i Beschreibung Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung spoolsv exe Version Zeitstempel x f fc d Name des fehlerhaften Moduls ntdll dll Version Zeitstempel x e Ausnahmecode xc Fehleroffset x bffc ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses x Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung x d d Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung C WINDOWS System spoolsv exe Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls C WINDOWS SYSTEM ntdll dll Berichtskennung d fcb-e - e -aa a- a ba c Ereignis-XML lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt LWNPC lwn liebherr i lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Security gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt spoolsv exe lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt f fc d lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt ntdll dll lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt e lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt c lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt bffc lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt d d lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt C WINDOWS System spoolsv exe lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt C WINDOWS SYSTEM ntdll dll lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt d fcb-e - e -aa a- a ba c lt Data gt nbsp lt EventData gt lt Event gt

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/57c4454c-a4d7-4f66-845d-b5fbd7277c52/windows-7-clients-spooler-crashes?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello gentleman, I've watched your video on the printer spooler not working, and tried all of your suggestions. Each and every time the message I get is... Windows could not start the print spooler service on local computer Error 0x800706b9: Not enough resources are available to complete this operation. Oh and this is Windows 8 by the way. The computer I have is a toshiba satellite c55-a5220.
Thank you in advance ,
Cola Penn

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-error-0x800706b9.1168575/
Relevancy 33.11%

In Windows 10 the print spooler has developed a problem and shuts down even when I have restarted it. I am attempting to print from either of two HP printers or a Brother, all on the LAN. In the Print Spooler Properties screen the service status is Stopped. Startup type is set to Automatic.

Recovery tab is set to Restart the Service for first and second failure, take no action on subsequent failures, Reset fail count after 1 day, Reset service after 1 minute and Enable actions for stops with errors is not checked.
Log On tab, the Local System account is checked and Allow Service To Interact With Desktop is cleared.
Dependencies shows HTTP Service and Remote Procedure Call.
It responds to Start and the Service status changes to Running but within 15 seconds it shuts down and shows Stopped.

Printers seem to function well in all functions not requiring the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-wont-run-shuts-down-when-restarted.1168669/
Relevancy 46.01%

We are trying to resolve a problem with a couple of workstations running Windows 7 Pro and connections to dav.box.com.
What I?ve noticed is that the WebClient service is not running nor can we get it to run. When we try to start the service, it comes back almost immediately with an Error 1053.

Our Windows 10 machines do not have this issue, they connect just fine to
https://dav.box.com/dav.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fe2ca2f2-6513-41b5-9716-caf85b81dc2d/webclient-wont-start-error-1053?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 33.54%

I have watched your You Tube video on this topic, and tried all the solutions posed. No success. I cannot install any printers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-not-running.1170080/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have suffering from the printer spooler crash everyday There is a dump analyze below What spooler printer randomly crash is totally weird that I get another laptop with the same printer driver MD checked never face the issue Please help me Thanks in advance printer spooler crash randomly Quote Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users xnul Desktop AppCrash spoolsv exe b c fbf dcbacfdb a a a ba cab ddc d WER DD tmp hdmp User Mini Dump File Only registers stack and portions of memory are available Symbol search path is SRV C Symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite SingleUserTS Machine Name Debug session time Wed Apr UTC System Uptime days Process Uptime days Loading unloaded module list This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it The stored exception information can be accessed via ecxr d f Unknown exception - code c first second chance not available eax ebx ecx edx esi a edi d eip b f esp eefa ebp ef iopl nv up ei pl nz printer spooler crash randomly na po nc cs b ss ds es fs b gs efl ntdll KiFastSystemCallRet b f c ret gt analyze -v Exception Analysis ERROR Symbol file could not be found Defaulted to export symbols for Cnp MUI D E DLL - Cannot find frame x previous scope unchanged GetPageUrlData failed server returned HTTP status URL requested http watson microsoft com StageOne htm Retriage FAULTING IP ntdll RtlReportCriticalFailure b eb jmp ntdll RtlReportCriticalFailure x b f EXCEPTION RECORD ffffffff -- exr xffffffffffffffff ExceptionAddress b ntdll RtlReportCriticalFailure x ExceptionCode c ExceptionFlags printer spooler crash randomly NumberParameters Parameter cdd PROCESS NAME spoolsv exe ERROR CODE NTSTATUS xc - A heap has been corrupted EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - A heap has been corrupted EXCEPTION PARAMETER cdd MOD LIST lt ANALYSIS gt NTGLOBALFLAG APPLICATION VERIFIER FLAGS FAULTING THREAD f BUGCHECK STR APPLICATION FAULT ACTIONABLE HEAP CORRUPTION heap failure block not busy DOUBLE FREE PRIMARY PROBLEM CLASS ACTIONABLE HEAP CORRUPTION heap failure block not busy DEFAULT BUCKET ID ACTIONABLE HEAP CORRUPTION heap failure block not busy LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from b to b STACK TEXT ef b c cdd ef c ntdll RtlReportCriticalFailure x ef b ac e ntdll RtlpReportHeapFailure x ef c eddff e e af ntdll RtlpLogHeapFailure xa ef f cfc c e e af ntdll RtlFreeHeap x ef cc f e e e af kernel HeapFree x WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong ef cc e af f d Cnp MUI D E NTPinPointUIOpen x b e ef c d f Cnp MUI D E NTPinPointUIOpen x c ef c e cfc b Cnp MUI D E x d ef cacd b a Cnp MUI D E x e ef c cab bf afd a Cnp MUI D E NTPinPointUIOpen x ef c db e b a Cnp MUI D E DrvPrinterEvent x ef e d b a winspool SpoolerPrinterEventNative x ef c b d ed c b a PrintIsolationProxy sandbox PrintSandboxObject SandboxDriverEvent x ef ec a de ed c b a localspl sandbox SandboxObserver SandboxDriverEvent x ef bc aee b a localspl sandbox SandboxPrinterDriverEvent xa ef a b a localspl SplDriverEvent x ef bbb b a win spl NCSRCommon TLocalPrinter DriverEvent x c ef a b a b win spl TSyncPrinterWork SyncDriverEvent x ef dc e c c ac b c win spl TSyncPrinterWork RunEx x ef ec caf ca efa c win spl TSyncPrinterWork Run x f ef f c efa b win spl NThreadingLibrary TWorkCrew tpSimpleCallback x efa a efa d acc f ntdll TppSimplepExecuteCallback x efb cfed c efbc d eb ntdll TppWorkerThread x efb d eb acce kernel BaseThreadInitThunk xe efbc d be a e ntdll RtlUserThreadStart x efbdc a e ntdll RtlUserThreadStart x b FOLLOWUP IP Cnp MUI D E NTPinPointUIOpen b e cc f e bf mov esi ebx SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME cnp mui NTPinPointUIOpen b e FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME Cnp MUI D E IMAGE NAME Cnp MUI D E DLL DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP b c c STACK COMMAND s ecxr kb FAILURE BUCKET ID ACTIONABLE HEAP CORRUPTION heap failure block not busy... Read more

A:printer spooler crash randomly

Quote:

ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for Cnp60MUI_D8E90.DLL -

Cnp60MUI_D8E90.DLL is part of a Canon Print driver, that pretty much shows the Canon driver is involved but without having access to the Canon Symbols we won't be able to bedug the Canon driver itself.

Check that you have the latest driver available from Canon for your printer, uninstall the driver completely( Revo Uninstaller may help wit that) reinstall using the latest driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/printer-spooler-crash-randomly-824329.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Keep losing spooler capability and my ability to print remotely from my laptop.

A:print spooler

Please provide details on how to reset the spooler service on my laptop WIN XP co.mputer. I am no longer able to print remotely

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/print-spooler-679633.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Spooler SubSystem App has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.this message is displayed again and again and creating problem to install a printer

How could this be repaired or removed

A:Spooler SubSystem App has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Spooler SubSystem App has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.this message is displayed again and again and creating problem to install a printer

How could this be repaired or removed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/spooler-subsystem-app-has-encountered-a-problem-and-needs-to-close-647667.html
Relevancy 33.54%

In trying to get PDF Creator to work I have lost my real printer. I can't print because no printer is installed, and when I try to install the same printer I have used for years, I get the message:

" Operation could not be completed. The print spooler service is not running."

No idea what that means or how to tun it on, or whatever..............

A:[SOLVED] Print Spooler?

Go to Start/Run and type services.msc and press enter. In Services, scroll down Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and double click it. Make sure the Startup type is Automatic and the service is Started. Do the same for the Print Spooler service.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-print-spooler-633274.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My lan network icon not shown under my network place. Modem blinks the 4 light (BSNL-Broadband).But i can't access the internet.whenever i start network connections in services error comes like this:"Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion".Please help me.I am using XP SP2

A:error 1053

Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager any devices with yellow marks need to have drivers installed. Under Network Adapters if you see a yellow mark next to the adapter, and you have a Name brand computer (HP, Dell etc) go to the manufacturers support/download drivers site and type in your service tag# or your make and model# and download the network adapter for your specific computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-1053-a-626549.html
Relevancy 33.11%

After installing the latest batch up updates for XP SP3 the print spooler service is playing up and preventing people from printing.

It is a HP CLJ CP1215 USB printer that is shared.

I have followed steps on TechNet (You cannot print and you receive the error message "Spooler subsystem app has encountered a problem and needs to close") and for a while all seemed to be working but the issue has retuned a couple of hours later.

We have restarted both the PC and the printer more than once.

We have reinstalled the printer drivers.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance.

A:[SOLVED] Print spooler issues on XP

Hi System,

How many of 'the latest batch up updates' were deployed when you updated? Have you had a little look at what they were at all?

Best, Crit.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-print-spooler-issues-on-xp-618181.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi, I have been chasing this for many, many hours.

The Print Spooler kept stopping, I would restart it but every time I went to my HP 1020 Laser printer it would say "Unable to continue, print spooler is not running", and sure enough it was stopped again.

SOLUTION: Found in an older thread here:
XP print spooler keeps stopping

I had two weird files, including a movie file in C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS

I guess this is the spool file?

I deleted those files, turned my printer off and on again, and it WORKS!!!

And the Print Spooler keeps running all the time.

I guess those files barfed the spooler???

Regards, Terry King
...On the Mediterranean in Italy

A:[SOLVED] Win XP Printer Spooler keeps stopping: SOLVED

Hi Terry,

Welcome to TSF.

Just to save your sanity, the 'System32\Spool\Printers' folder is where the jobs are stored, so if your spooler got stuck, the jobs would hang there.

Some people have previously reported 90~99% of their processor is jammed against the Spoolsv.exe service and others have reported that they have had up to 3GB (+/-200mb) in the 'System32\Spool\Printers' folder.

Looks like those files did indeed barf the spooler!

Hope you've learned a little something something from this buddy.

Best, Crit.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-win-xp-printer-spooler-keeps-stopping-solved-616306.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Laptop - Sony Vaio VGN-A EP OS - WIN XP PRO SP VERSION Hi everyone I would be grateful if somebody could lend some assistance please Print Screen Spooler/Blue Problems My Auntie has asked if would look Print Spooler/Blue Screen Problems at her laptop for her but I'm stumped I know the basics about pc's but I'm struggling with this one The laptop details Print Spooler/Blue Screen Problems are above She downloaded Canon Mp series Mp Not sure of details of what this is Since the download she said she was unable to us her laptop due to spool errors Below are some steps I've taken to try to fix the problem but I may not have done them correctly When I received the laptop I switched on and it went straight to the blue screen after start up This does this everytime I started in safe mode and tried to uninstall the program which she had downloaded I was unable to do this as it said that the Spool was not running I was unable to start it in safe mode I tried a system restore several times I ran the only virus check which was on the laptop malwarebytes and nothing was detected I managed to log on long enough in normal start-up to uninstall the Canon program but the problem continues I've looked on several forums for help I've tried deleting unrequired registers printers amp drivers and have reloaded xp SP from the Microsoft site but no different I would be happy to try a factory reset but I can't work out how to do it I don't have the cd F or alt F doesn't work on startup and there isn't a Sony Vaio recovery program Can't find any way to do it Tried booting in safe mode with networking but instantly get the blue screen so I have no internet access Any downloads I have done has been through my phone then transferred Not easy The print spooler is not running and won't start in safe mode The only dependency is the RPC I've tried other things too but can't recall them all at the moment Does anybody have any suggestions please safe mode is the only way I can log on Thanks

A:Print Spooler/Blue Screen Problems

Hi and welcome to TSF you could try a repair How-to repair Windows XP - Geeks to Go Forums
I could find no mention of a recovery partition in the manual ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/manuals/.../A_TR_H_EN.pdf

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/print-spooler-blue-screen-problems-615140.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi,

A few days ago all my printer disappeared!
I went to add a printer and got a message saying that it was not possible because the Print Spooler service was not running. So I went into services and it was indeed in a stopped state even though it was set to automatic start.
I restarted it and return to faxes and printers section and tried to add a printer. Once again I got the messages saying the Print Spooler was not running and when I checked it had stopped again!
So this is where I am stuck.
I have tried installing a new copy of the executable (spoolsv.exe) in case it was corrupt but no joy.
Could this be Maleware related ?
Help would be greatly appreciated.

Nigel

A:Print Spooler Problems

If you do not have your printer showing in Printers and Faxes, then go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager do you have any devices with yellow marks or under Universal Serial Bus Controllers do you have an Unknown Device? If so, right click it and Uninstall it. Go to Start/Run and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In Add Remove Programs uninstall any printer software you may have. Now, unplug the USB cable for the printer from the Computer End and restart the computer. Now download the printer driver from the printer manufacturer or run the installation CD. In the installation it will tell you when to plug in the USB cable for the printer. Once the printer is installed go to Printers and Faxes right click the printer/Properties and print a test page.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/print-spooler-problems-613562.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I have been unable to start spooler system.
I have tried turning off DEP by start/control panel/system/advanced tab/performance/settings/and excluding Data Execution Prevention. No result.

A:[SOLVED] DEP closes spooler subsystem app.

Try re-installing the printer driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-dep-closes-spooler-subsystem-app-602915.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I am running Windows XP service pack Suddenly I can't print can't find my printer and nothing appears in Printers and Faxes First thing I tried was rebooting the computer Didn't work I ran a Microsoft Shell or whatever program to troubleshoot it it told me my print spooler service is not running but no clue how spooler print Lost to restart it I went to Procexp indeed no print spooler is running I went to Computer Management and no Lost print spooler print spooler service is listed to restart Well last time I looked no print spooler service is listed to restart Now the print spooler shows as running To be safe I restarted it It stopped it and restarted it Now I can print However in Printers and Faxes nothing still shows up In device manager my printer shows installed correctly I ran a fast scan in Vipre No malware just a few cookies and some adware My printui dll is in the system folder where it belongs What is going on

A:Lost print spooler

I would go to Start/Run and type in appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Add Remove Programs I would uninstall any software for your printer. Then go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager are there any devices with yellow marks or under Universal Serial Bus is there an Unknown device? If so, right click it an uninstall it, now remove the USB cable from the Computer End. Now restart the computer. Once the Computer has fully booted up, run the driver install CD or download the driver from the manufacturer, in the setup when it tells you to plug in the USB cable, be sure the printer is turned on and do so.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-print-spooler-600488.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I hope this is a redicusly rudimental question. My Dell will not do anything print related stating,"print spooler service is not running". How do I make that "spooler" run?

A:Print Spooler

Hi there,

If you go to start > click on "Run" type in "services.msc" and click ok.

You can find "Print Spooler" in here, can click on it once and go to start spooler just to the left.

Any problems let us know.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/print-spooler-597721.html
Relevancy 33.11%

A user of mine just threw me another headache which could be malware-related Over the past while his printers have been Amazing Disappearing Print Spooler! randomly disappearing No sweat restarting the Print Spooler service solved the issue Amazing Disappearing Print Spooler! every time Today he used Malwarebytes to clear another malware that hooked onto his system I just love how 'normal' AV programs seem to be defenseless against these and came across something new His printers had disappeared again so he restarted the Print Amazing Disappearing Print Spooler! Spooler However the list of printers didn't come back When he clicks 'Add Printer' or opens the Printer window if it's not already open the 'SpoolSv exe' service in Task Manager just vanishes No errors no fuss Just gone You can restart it but the same thing happens every time The RPC service seems perfectly fine We've copied the exe file from ServicePackFiles i to no avail I'm having him try copying spoolerss dll as well Haven't tried sfc exe yet The only other oddity is that after the service disappears if you click one of the two 'Shortcuts' on the left of the Services menu Stop or Restart an error comes up with mmcndmgr saying a Macro isn't working right Probably something to do with it thinking the service is still running when it obviously isn't I'm thinking a full re-install might be a good thing at this point but the system is a hour drive away

A:Amazing Disappearing Print Spooler!

Try creating a logon script for mapping printers.

If they disapear with a logon script the pcs bugged to hell with virus's I'd say nothing better for it than a re-install.

These things happen.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/amazing-disappearing-print-spooler-588714.html
Relevancy 45.58%

To make a long story short we upgraded our DC awhile ago from Windows Sever to Windows Sever R We have Windows XP Pro SP -SP on all of our PCs here at Event XP multiptle 1053 on machines Windows work We started to notice that only a few mostly the lab machines are starting to recieve events Along with the events some of those machines would also have the event errors and I am still able to ping the DC from Pc's and resolve DNS using nslookup Those machines issues are Drive mappings lost Cannot browse web Cannot RDC It is really strange for ex you can ping the file sever but you can't access any files from it So network connection is the big issue A reboot of the machines will make the events go away for about days then they would return Complety removing the machine from Event 1053 on multiptle Windows XP machines the Domain and putting it back on makes the events go away Event 1053 on multiptle Windows XP machines but then in about days they return The machines have the correct IP addresses and pointing to the correct DC DNS etc I was looking for a common ground between all the machines that are getting these events Only thing that is the same really is that they are all in the same OU but there are other machines in that OU who are NOT getting the events They are not the same model of PCs and some of them have SP and some SP I also ran a dcdiag on DC but really did see any errors and no errors on DC event log I'm confussed as to whats going on Any ideas or suggestions to try please Thanks

A:Event 1053 on multiptle Windows XP machines

Hi Networkguy,

I would suggest you post your issue over at the networking forum found HERE! The guys there might have a better idea.

Good day sir!

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/event-1053-on-multiptle-windows-xp-machines-548185.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I have reviewed a lot of posts on this site and others regarding Print Spooler not functioning. I have restarted, removed, reloaded and followed advice to no avail.

How do you resolve a Error 3 related to the Print Spooler?

A:Error 3 Print Spooler not running

Click Start, Control Panel, Admin Tools, Services and scroll down to print Spool.

Right click on it and left click properties read what's in the 'path to executable' window.

Should be 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe' or similar.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-3-print-spooler-not-running-532039.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Please help Some time ago I had a problem after installing a printer with a driver downloaded from download com because I kept getting spooler service running??? not print errors related to print spooler service not running??? something called the quot spooler quot and I was never able to print any more I thought the problem was related exclusively to the downloaded driver and I thought that it would be solved as soon as I installed a brand new printer with its new driver Today I've bought a new printer Canon PIXMA iP and I've installed it without problems but I still cannot print Whatever I try to do with that printer included printing a document removing the printer seeing its properties etc is not possible because quot the print spooler service is not running quot according to the error message I've never been able to uninstall the printer with which all the problems started And if I go to Control panel gt Add or remove programs and I try to remove this printer I get a message saying that the spooler system has stopped and that I must restart the system to be able to remove the printer If I try to delete old drivers from any of the old printers I haven't deleted I also get the same message Printer cannot be removed Printer spooler service is not running More importantly when I restart my computer I get the following message To help protect your computer Windows has closed this program Name Spooler Subsystem App Publisher Microsoft Corporation Data Execution Prevention helps protect against damage from viruses and other security threats I really need to solve this Please help me with this I need to print PS Some news about the situation After some failed attempts I have succesfully uninstalled the old printer that I thought was the source of all problems but I still cannot print with the new one I get the following message when I try to print spoolsv exe - Application Error The instruction at quot x quot referenced memory at quot x quot The memory could not be quot written quot Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program What does that mean

A:print spooler service not running???

Hi brasmartita,

I'm experiencing a very similar problem in Vista Home Premium, my HP printer was working fine up until about a week ago and I now get the same error message that you're seeing. You can restart the Printer Spooler by going to 'Control Panel>System and Maintenance>Administrative Tools>Services' Find the Printer Spooler in the list, right click on it and choose start (incidentally, whilst you're there check that the 'Startup Type' is set to 'Automatic'). Unfortunately if your problem is the same as mine this won't resolve the issue as once you've done this and you then try to add the printer you'll receive the following error: 'Windows can't open Add Printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006be)'. If, on the other hand, restarting the printer spooler fixes your problem then lucky you, enjoy many a fulfilling printing experience in Vista!

I've searched numerous forums, microsoft's site and contacted my printer manufacturer quoting that specific error and not yet found a solution...

Good luck to you and let me know how you get on!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/print-spooler-service-not-running-210255.html
Relevancy 33.54%

When I try to keeps spooler XP stopping print add a printer I get XP print spooler keeps stopping an error that the print spooler services are not running When I go to Services it is stopped I start it making sure that it is set to Automatic Then when I go to add a printer I get a quot Send Error Report that the Spooler SubSystem App has encountered a problem and needs to close I click on the link to see what data the error report contains then click technical and it says that it is sending these files C DOCUME DOUGJO LOCALS Temp WER f dir spoolsv exe mdmp C DOCUME DOUGJO LOCALS Temp WER f dir appcompat txt And then when I try to add the printer again same thing spooler not running go to Services it has stopped start it try to add get the send error repot over and over I have ran the latest version of SpyBot S amp D and Norton and found nothing Rebooted etc Any ideas Thanks

A:XP print spooler keeps stopping

What you might want to do is go to the print spooler service applet, and check the recovery tab. Make sure that the service is set to restart on a failure. Also , dont bother with sending an error report to Microsoft. I've tried in the past, they dont help. But what do you expect from Microsoft??? A reinstall of XP might be your best bet, and rather use Microsoft Anti Spyware. I know, I know... I dont like MS software either, but this is actually quite good. I use it on my own PC. Picks up spyware that most other packages dont, plus its free! Norton sucks, slows down your pc, try MCafee. Its improved substantially.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-print-spooler-keeps-stopping-79926.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Every now and then, especially after I reboot, I need to restart the print spooler. Obviously something must be corrupted - could it be in the spooler itself and not in the drivers? One thing I notice is that when I scroll down the list of services, instead of saying Print Spooler it says pInAeEo (but in those weird alternate characters). See attached screenshot.

I ran System File Checker, but it doesn't fix it. Do I need to reinstall Windows or is there an easier fix?

Thanks.

A:Need to restart print spooler at each boot

You can try this "Fix It" from Microsoft.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2000007

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-to-restart-print-spooler-at-each-boot-500841.html
Relevancy 33.97%

hi there...
Im in dying need of some assisstance.

I have a HP laserjet M1120MFP printer.
I can no longer print anything ,bt the scanning and copying is fine.
There are another 2 pc's connected that share the printer.

What i have done so far is:
1. Ran the microsoft fix it program.
2. Ran a registry clean.
3. Went to command prompt, typed "services.msc" And scrolled down to printer spooler and started it. (i have noticed that this keeps stopping on its own.)

Would appreciate any help....thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/spooler-subsystem-app-495180.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I just want to know is it safe to delete a spooler log?What is it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/spooler-log-495124.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I hope I'm in the right area here Sorry In advance if I'm not I networked two home computers together both running windows XP I have a running........ not Spooler is Print HP series printer When I installed the printer software on the my sons comp it will not run the printer because I keep getting that print spooler not running error Now the printer is running Print Spooler is not running........ and has ran fine on my main comp for the last Print Spooler is not running........ three months this is what I have already done to try and fix the problem I went to the print spooler and hit stop then hit start to restart it so it is now showing stopped which it needs to be right because that's how it is on this comp that's working Now I also went to this site http support microsoft com kb and ran the quot fix it' which was more of a pain than one might think this is what it did isolated the printer drivers from the printing service to improve stability of the print spooler it then told me that didn't fix it but for I told get some tech support yeah right will that was a useless Print Spooler is not running........ fix it ha ha My husbands way of fixing it is to take it outside and stomp it on the ground and that's exactly why he's not allowed to touch my comp thanks in advance for any and all help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/print-spooler-is-not-running-494395.html