Windows Support Forum

All apps closing down overnight when pc is in sleep.

Q: All apps closing down overnight when pc is in sleep.

Hi

I work on my pc until late at night so have several programs open plus firefox with numerous tabs. I go to bed, the pc goes to sleep, but when i come down in the morning all my programs have closed. All I see is my desktop. No error messages (as pps have mentioned). The pc come out of sleep but its like its restarted itself at some point in the night.

Its rather annoying as I will have all the programs set up ready to start work again in the morning and wont have bookmarked all the browser tabs but everything has disappeared.

It doesnt happen every night.

Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: All apps closing down overnight when pc is in sleep.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: All apps closing down overnight when pc is in sleep.

Do you have Hibernation enabled?

you may want to check the following setting in Power Options. Navigate to Power Options in Control Panel and click your power plan (usually Balanced or Power Saver). Click the Advanced power options link and look for this setting:

If the setting for On Battery is similar to mine here, change it to 0 (never). That should correct it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/235112-all-apps-closing-down-overnight-when-pc-sleep.html
Relevancy 24.51%

My monitor going to sleep mode if I connect to my nvidia VGA card card.
LG monitor saying "SLEEP MODE ACTIVATED" Red light is blinking
BUT
I connect to my on board VGA it's working properly....
Please Help

Advance thanks .....

A:VGA card on Sleep Mode

The "sleep mode activated" message is normal on the monitor if it is receiving no signal from the PC (VGA card). You need to connect it to on board VGA and tell your system which card to use (or which order) in the BIOS. I cannot tell you how to get into BIOS since I do not know your PC brand/model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vga-card-on-sleep-mode.215807/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi I have my new PC for a months everything worked perfect till one morning I turned it on and the monitor SAMSUNG tried to detect the graphic card ASUS R without any success and turned to sleep mode The monitor works without problems with another PC or Laptop I connected the VGA card to my tv LG and it works without problems after when I connected it back to my monitor it works but not stable in the screen resolution properties it doesn t recognize turn to and sleep detect Monitor mode Card Graphics can't the monitor it s going in safe mode for any entering to game installing some program or restarting of the computer I tried to put my Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode GTX into that slot there are slots for graphic cards and I tried both of them instead of R and everything works without problems So I decided to connect my GTX that works perfect to x slot and the R to Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode x slot connecting the monitor to GTX it detect also the R without any problems but when I disconnect the monitor from the GTX and connect to R the monitor going to safe mode again I tried all these connections with many different cables all the cables are in working condition If somebody can help me I will be grateful Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-cant-detect-monitor-and-turn-to-sleep-mode.212064/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi guys - this is a weird problem that I ve always had since building this computer or years ago and I don t think the drive was new when I built it so it went from totally normal in my xp machine to doing this weird thing when I put it in a new system with Win I ve searched and not been able to find anyone with the same problem It normally occurs when listening to music or watching a film and it only happens very occasionally when you go to skip to to a new song or skip to a different place in the video It s never been a Some then HD until whirs clicks apps unresponsive major problem and in fact I think it s only done it once this week so aside from googling it a couple of times never actually got very far with fixing it So in winamp for example just after opening it I ll click next song winamp installation and music are on different hard drives as are VLC and movies and it ll freeze Then the disk will make a whir and about seconds later there will be a click and everything will come Some apps unresponsive until HD whirs then clicks back to life During this time I can move my mouse and do other things on the computer Like I said it s always done this and it s never got any worse or anything so I don t think it s a faulty drive but I ll post this in the HD section too just to see if any experts there can shed any light on it Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Some apps unresponsive until HD whirs then clicks

Look at your power profile settings. Likely the HD is being powered off after xx minutes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/some-apps-unresponsive-until-hd-whirs-then-clicks.210755/
Relevancy 24.08%

My laptop doesnot load when it is in hibernate or sleep. if I want to load it,I must have refresh mycomputer many times as soon as it boot up!

A:Asus N53SM wake up from sleep issues

This may be caused by a faulty video driver. Check to see if there is a update for the video driver and make sure you have applied all the Windows Updates

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-n53sm-wake-up-from-sleep-issues.207218/
Relevancy 24.51%

My laptop goes into sleep mode even on slightest jerk applied on screen to rotate it,what possibly could be wrong, and on repairing how much could it cost

A:Laptop going into sleep on bending the screen

Sounds like a fault somewhere in the wiring (or a "switch" that is located inside the hinges for the laptop screen. Not 100% sure but without knowing make and model of your laptop, it is my best guess.
What you can do is the following:

Select "Power Options" in the "Control Panel" list.

Click the plus sign next to "Power buttons and lid" to expand its sub-list.
Click the plus sign next to "Lid close action" to expand its sub-list.
Click the word "Sleep" to open a drop-down menu next to the power plan you wish to adjust (e.g. Plugged In). Select "Do Nothing" from the drop-down menu.
Click "OK" to save your settings and exit the window.
This should disable the sleep option, then you wont have to worry about it until you can get it fixed properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-going-into-sleep-on-bending-the-screen.206467/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with monitor which is a samsung syncmaster 2333. When ever I play a game on my pc with my xbox controller it goes to sleep after a while, when using mouse it never does. The power settings are all set to never sleep or turn off monitor. When it does go to sleep I move my mouse and I'm back in business. Any Ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-to-sleep.199473/
Relevancy 30.1%

Normally, 99.999% of the time I just shut it down completely but I'd like to know what "sleep" means?
Does that mean if I do so, upon opening the lid it'll be where I left it at?
I notice in Control Panel>Power Options>System Settings whether its on battery or plugged in , it shows sleep.

A:Choose What closing the lid does?

I recommend sleeping the laptop if you are gonna use it after you close it within the next few hours. Otherwise shut it down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choose-what-closing-the-lid-does.196755/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have an HP Probook with Athlon II dual core. It starts to overheat as soon as it comes out of sleep mode. It will get up to 200*F with the fan running and the whole case gets hot. If I shut it down and restart, the temp will stay normal, 120*, for as long as it stays awake. But if I let it go to sleep and wake it up, the overheating starts. It gets hotter everyday. Was only going up to 180* yesterday. Any ideas? Thanks

A:Laptop overheats after coming out of sleep

Check Task Manager processes on what is chewing your CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-overheats-after-coming-out-of-sleep.192279/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys hope every things good there, im fine but im facing some issues with my lenovo z580 it started 2 days ago, the laptop just don't go into sleep mode when I close the lid I removed the power management software, reinstalled but nothing the problem remains does anyone faced the same or similar issue before? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

A:Lenovo z580 no sleep with lid closed

What power management software did you remove? You can't remove the windows power management features.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-z580-no-sleep-with-lid-closed.191918/
Relevancy 24.51%

Acer Aspire T180 Decktop with windows xp media center edition.

AST180-EA350M

Does it on 2 different monitors.One them is a brand new monitor that was never used but in box for awhile.

A:Monitor goes to sleep/goes blank randomly

Do you have on-board video or a separate video card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-to-sleep-goes-blank-randomly.187498/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi folks I m new here and not greatly technically minded My Acer Aspire Z laptop has been acting strange for a few days running Windows btw Some of the issues are even happening right now ie as I type the cursor will sometimes restart a new line as if I ve pressed the Return button Acer apps is Laptop and and more opens multiple corrupted This is esp bad in emails and Facebook and often the cursor flies down miles Acer Laptop is corrupted and opens multiple apps and more making it a pain to get back to where I was That s not all though There s a horrible beeping noise when I start up the laptop first thing It goes after I press one of the F buttons The worst though is when I try to open up some app on my desktop and sometimes the laptop goes crazy and opens up multiple other apps software There have been instances where there are dozens of the same pages opening I have McAfee Internet Security and have run Malwarebytes and Spybot but problem is still there Is this a hardware problem do Acer Laptop is corrupted and opens multiple apps and more you think I m not great at techie Acer Laptop is corrupted and opens multiple apps and more speak so please go easy with me but I d be grateful for any advice Cheers David nbsp

A:Acer Laptop is corrupted and opens multiple apps and more

UNless someone else has a better idea, how old is this computer & is it still under warranty? If so, I'd get a hold of the where you bought it & get it checked out. IF you don't & have "other" work done on it, it could VOID the warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-is-corrupted-and-opens-multiple-apps-and-more.183988/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi all got cq61 and had thread up about screen blank well got it fixed in shop it was connecter on motherboard and lcd cable . well wen i start it it comes on then after 5 min it goes like into sleep screen goes off but i can faintly see in background i cant press anything to get it back on but i close the lid reopen it and most of time it sound like it gone off but the on off light flashes on/off constant then i press touch pad and on it comes . as normal then 5 min and same thing , but then just now it went off completely .. now i checked all sleep and hibernation setting turned them all to never.. also i know battery is faulty as even when fully charged laptop goes off .. what could be problem please help

A:Laptop starts then every 5 min goes in sleep

hi all took it back to shop and they saying its definate the battery they say 60 for new battery i know could prob get it cheaper can anyone reccomend where as i know off ebay would prob be sodgy remake or something ? also does the MaH matter like the origanal battery is 10.8v and 4200mah i see battery on ebay 10.8v and 4400 mah and 5200 mah does this matter thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-starts-then-every-5-min-goes-in-sleep.178825/
Relevancy 24.51%

So from personal experience I have a good sleep when the laptop is placed away from my head or when you while your head Laptops near sleep the thing is in hibernation but when I have my laptop running near my head I wake Laptops near your head while you sleep up all groggy So what is the cause of this If I slept with the laptop running near my head would it give me a brain tumor So what I am saying is if I sleep hours without the laptop near my head it felt like I slept hours With it near my head it felt like I slept hours and I would fall asleep in class the next morning So what is the cause of all this and is it a conspiracy that if you sleep near a laptop or computer while it is on that it would mess up your brain I want to know this because I tend to put the laptop near my bed and while I am watching videos I sometimes fall asleep with the laptop running Oh I am using an ASUS Laptops near your head while you sleep f sv by the way nbsp

A:Laptops near your head while you sleep

Maybe try changing the power option so that after x hours, the laptop will go into hibernation mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptops-near-your-head-while-you-sleep.177724/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey everyone I recently came to own via a friend a new TB WD HDD used strictly for storage and it s not playing nice with my setup The HDD http www amazon com gp product B ZCXK I For the most part everything seems just fine when I have the HDD connected I ve transfered several GBs of data to and from with no issues When I m working on unrelated applications it doesn t cause problems The only time my computer is unhappy is when I have the HDD connected and I boot into a game like Dragon Age Origins When I do this the monitor shuts goes into standby mode and is otherwise unresponsive I have to force shut off the computer and when I do other issues ensue The Computer monitor when in to hangs, (+ HDD) new sleep goes games other issues include some messed up blocks of colors on the screen as well as blue screens The only way to return my computer to a working condition is by doing a system restore After a system restore everything is fine even with the extra HDD connected unless I attempt to get into a game When the HDD is disconnected games work no problems I ve read around and some people Computer hangs, monitor goes to sleep when in games (+ new HDD) seem to suggest that the PSU isn t powerful enough however I have a W PSU so that should be just fine Check out my system specs if you need other system specs If anyone has any suggestions I m all ears Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Computer hangs, monitor goes to sleep when in games (+ new HDD)

This sounds like a driver issue. Have you updated either the BIOS or chipset drivers for your motherboard? USB drivers for mobo?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-hangs-monitor-goes-to-sleep-when-in-games-new-hdd.170320/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello, I am new on Techspot and this is my first post.
Recently, about 3-4 days ago I would put my laptop to sleep and when time to resume the display is blank. However the hdd is running, fan is running fine and hardware light is blink. The screen is blank as if the computer is off and the LCD screen is not lit black. Please help me as I am heavy on the sleep function.
Thank you in advance!

A:Display not responding after resume from sleep

What operating system are you using?
Manufacturer and model number of laptop would be helpful too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-not-responding-after-resume-from-sleep.167331/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a year old Gateway desktop running Windows home premium with gb ram Sometimes when I am working and the system may be idle for min or so the monitor will go into sleep mode It shows no signal and no keyboard action will awaken it I have the power settings to never turn off and the screen saver is off as well I swapped out the monitor with another and it did the same thing so I think I have eliminated hardware I then went to the device mgr and attempted a driver update which said I had the latest driver The only way it will come back on is to cold boot the system BTW I have reseated the video cable as well I have looked at the m b and all looks ok No bulging capacitors or to and goes respond sleep won't Monitor excessive dust on processor etc Keep in mind that when this monitor goes to sleep the system is still operating correctly with fans running and the power light is on steady No matter what I do to try to wake up the monitor is is not responsive I have to hold down the power button on the tower for a few seconds to shut it down I then wait a few Monitor goes to sleep and won't respond minutes and bring Monitor goes to sleep and won't respond the system back on Also when this happens the keyboard is dead as well Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-to-sleep-and-wont-respond.168937/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello I REALLY need help here I don t know if anyone s been lookin at this thread or not but I seriously need help with a similar problem Here s the story My dad just got this brand new i samsung laptop Laptop sleep problem at quot and it s giving me a problem it s only been maybe or so hours since we even turned it on It hasn t been on the whole time though My issue is that the power settings won t change from Laptop sleep problem sleep What I mean is when I try to change what closing the lid does or what the power buttons do it means SLEEP and ONLY sleep So it s just well Laptop sleep problem trouble I m trying to set up my dad Laptop sleep problem s computer all nice and fresh and sparkly since this is his first personal computer He s had work computers since his company started giving them out to him for who knows how long I would really hate to give my dad his computer back this saturday and have him see that the computer goes to sleep every time he shuts the lid nbsp

A:Laptop sleep problem

typical issue with OEM drivers for the motherboard.
I've had a rash of such issues with my Toshiba and have had to reinstall
the Toshiba Console software where these features are located (for Toshiba at least).

NOTE: The OEM software will override the Windows control panel so make sure you are accessing the correct software for your laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-sleep-problem.168842/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi I have a computer that is not to old It is an Acer Aspire l One day as i was using a program it sleep to in or mode No keyboard/monitor mouse power completly froze so i restarted When i did it got to a loading screen just about to the screen where i pick my user account to sign on and it froze again So i once again restarted and No power to mouse or keyboard/monitor in sleep mode when i turned it back on it sounded asthough it was started up normally aka the beeps and crap it makes when it boots up all sounded normal but i noticed my keyboard and mouse didn t light up like they should and the monitor was in a sleep mode aka it is on but it s a black screen with flashing light at the bottom the same No power to mouse or keyboard/monitor in sleep mode it would be if i turned my pc off but left my monitor plugged in on So anyway i waited and hour and it booted normally again It went about a week or longer and i decided to leave my pc on overnight when i got back on it in the morning i moved my mouse a little to warm it up and it froze again just like last time so i restarted it and the same thing happened but it has now been a few days and it stll isn t working Does anyone have any suggestions to try to fix it i really don t know much about pcs other than how to use it lmao Oh other things i should note My mouse and keyboard are both usb and they both work on other pcs same with the monitor Also i turned my pc on while it was like this and tried unplugging my mouse and plugging it back in and when i plugged it back in it briefly lit up like it should but went out again when fully plugged in nbsp

A:No power to mouse or keyboard/monitor in sleep mode

Okay this Acer has an extremely small 135 Watt power supply. It may be failing. Is this PC still under warranty?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-to-mouse-or-keyboard-monitor-in-sleep-mode.166195/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey guys having an issue with my friends laptop. It's an HP G62 with Intel I3 running windows 7.

I have had to replace the screen and ever since it hasn't shutdown or gone into sleep mode properly. It will turn the screen off but the machine will still be running (fans etc) and the only way to turn it off is with the power button.

I have tried alternating the RAM and it doesn't appear to be a Windows issue. The BIOS looks a bit outdated (F.07...I think the latest update is F.36) but I'm sketchy about about flashing the BIOS because if the laptop wont restart properly I don't want to kill the laptop.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

A:Laptop won't shutdown / sleep

What have you got setup in the Power Options for sleep and hibernation. There is a setting to select what it should do when you close the lid, have you set that?

Try shutting it down from safe mode and see if that works, that may give some clues to the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-shutdown-sleep.165273/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi I m not sure if this post is in the right place so sorry if it isn t When I play a game any game like the sims left dead or crysis the screen will go blank and input going to signal. No gaming. Only when sleep. Monitor display the words quot no input signal quot and then quot monitor going to sleep quot and then the screen will go blank I can t do anything with the pc after this point even though the tower is still on I have to restart it by holding in the power button I have No input signal. Monitor going to sleep. Only when gaming. tried pressing the windows button and esc and all that but nothing happens The amount of time i can play a game before No input signal. Monitor going to sleep. Only when gaming. it turns off is different each time i can play for a few hours or a few minutes Also it only happens when I m playing a video game I don t know what info is needed so ill just put bits here i used sisoftware sandra to get this info Computer Model System manufacturer P K Deluxe Processor Model Intel Core TM Duo CPU E GHz Speed GHz Cores per Processor Unit s Threads per Core Unit s Type Dual-Core Integrated Data Cache x kB Synchronous Write-Thru -way byte line size L On-board Cache MB ECC If there is any info you need that isn t here just let me know because this is a problem i would love to fix Thanks nbsp

A:No input signal. Monitor going to sleep. Only when gaming.

Need to know
what brand your computer is (if its branded),
what graphics card is it using, and if you can get it,
what temperatures everything is running at when you're doing absolutely nothing with the comp, and
what temperatures everything is running at when you're running your games (stressed system).

For temperature info, you'll need to download something like Everest.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-input-signal-monitor-going-to-sleep-only-when-gaming.148228/
Relevancy 23.22%

hi
while i watch online video if i put my laptop in sleep or hibernate mode.After i resume sleep/hibernate mode video gives problem,freezes,bubbling etc.but audio still goes on without any problem.its new laptop laptop video and display drivers are up to date.
any comments would be appreciated
Ali

A:Acer Aspire laptop video freeze after resume sleep mode

Have it looked at under warranty

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-laptop-video-freeze-after-resume-sleep-mode.159762/
Relevancy 25.8%

That pretty much (64-bit) flickers/disappears 7 on pointer XP mouse apps/games Win says it The app game can run quite well but drives me insane trying to use the pointer to click on hotspots Sometimes the pointer is only visible when it rolls over a hotpiont and lights it up Otherwise the application runs quite well Examples this week are CIV COLONIZATION but not CIV IV GUILD WARS prob the worst Earlier games like AGE OF WONDERS seem Win 7 (64-bit) mouse pointer flickers/disappears on XP apps/games to work fine I do see this mostly in games The other issue I have a lot is that I Win 7 (64-bit) mouse pointer flickers/disappears on XP apps/games can install and run a game from the CD DVD but then the game will not play as it cannot see the disk it just booted from and claims it is not in the DVD drive What is causing these and can anything be done I have tried all the usual compatibility fixes I have even run them on a VMPlayer XP emulator with no success It reminds me of the issues with DOOM TRILOGY on WIN XP That Win 7 (64-bit) mouse pointer flickers/disappears on XP apps/games was dos driver issue for the mouse However this problem occured right out of the box before and after updates installed Win Home Premium -bit updated to current Gateway SX- Core i CPU GHz Gateway dual-core CLARKDALE Gb DDR RAM GRAPHICS EQUIVALENT MB ATI Radeon HD XT or better MB NVIDIA GeForce GS or better or Core i or better integrated graphics it uses the integrated graphics chip i Systems Requirements Labs says these should run on it nbsp

A:Win 7 (64-bit) mouse pointer flickers/disappears on XP apps/games

Have you tried another mouse? Is the mouse wired or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-7-64-bit-mouse-pointer-flickers-disappears-on-xp-apps-games.158996/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello

I have recently installed windows 7 home premium and when i wake my computer from sleep mode my USB devises like keyboard, mouse etc don't work.

Please help

Thanks

Specs
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.2Ghz
Ram: 4GB
Mouse: Logitech USB MX320 Laser Mouse
Keyboard: Dell USB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 210
Printer: HP Photosmart C4100
Monitor: Dell E197FP

A:Win 7 USB devices not working after sleep

I would double check some power settings, mostly the ones pertaining to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the Device Manager and "USB selective suspend setting" in the Power Options.

Beyond that, I'm not too sure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-7-usb-devices-not-working-after-sleep.157918/
Relevancy 22.79%

Using Apps 1 OS to from Disk Question on & Disk 0 cloning Vista x Plan on using True Image to clone OS amp Applications partitions C D from Disk to Disk Of course before booting to the new cloned OS have to set it active amp old one hidden Windows will assign C to new active boot partition Not sure about others Question is about the drive letters of the other several partitions on BOTH HDDs Maybe my Question on cloning OS & Apps from Disk 0 to Disk 1 questions should be about switching HDD cables or changing BIOS settings Right now on disk have C thru L On disk have partitions M - P Some all of those could be moved to disk at some point during whole process Don t have to move all those partitions amp data from disk to disk amp not too concerned about the assigned drive letters of any except the OS amp Applications After creating blank formatted partitions in front of M if also cloned D amp maybe E F from disk to how would Vista treat the cloned drive letters on disk amp others already on disk - M thru P Since current disk will become booting disk is there any reason or necessary to switch disks amp HDD cables on mobo Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-on-cloning-os-apps-from-disk-0-to-disk-1.157665/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello Recently I changed my old graphics card from an Nvidia GT to a ATI HD I also did the following manipulations to solve a problem I had with my computer mode into going Computer partially sleep side note I have WinXP - Opened my PC case with power off of course and check for connections in it my DVD drive was not correctly connected fixed it - On the motherboard there was a battery looking like a watch battery took it out for secs to restore factory settings on my motherboard - Went Computer partially going into sleep mode inside the BIOS of my motherboard and stumbled upon the fact that USB was not activated so I swiitched from USB to USB Now my problem is that when I go to Start gt Turn off the computer gt Sleep not sure it s the right word in english my WinXP is in French Anyway before when I chose that the computer would go into sleep mode without any problem and that s it But since I have my new card it doesn t It seems to the hard drives etc seems to go to sleep the screen also finds no signal and also goes to sleep but I still hear a fan running in there with as much noise as when the computer is still running normally really weird I was thinking the fan is the new graphics card I didn t install it the vendor installed it for me since i m not really a brain at internal electronics maybe there is something to connect on it to tell her when to go to sleep I dunno Or it s the proc fan Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this please Thanks a lot nbsp

A:Computer partially going into sleep mode

When you removed the CMOS battery, it reset the BIOS to default settings. I don't know what motherboard you have and the BIOS' of different boards can vary but check the Power Management page of the BIOS and see if the suspend type is set to S3 (STR).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-partially-going-into-sleep-mode.157283/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi,
The last week my monitor has been hissing and has now started to remain black after startup or coming out of sleep. I have to unplug and replug the VGA cord a few times before the screen comes back on. It tries to come on on startup but all you hear is this loading hiss and a quick flash of screen. After I get it working it works fine and will even come back on if I play with the on off button. I have already replaced the VGA cord with a new one so that's not the issue. I am running Vista 64 Premium Home on a HP pavilion. I've had the monitor for 4 years with no issues. I have not updated , installed or changed anything before this started. Any help will be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/must-unplug-and-replug-monitor-after-sleep-or-startup.156799/
Relevancy 23.65%

okay I have a ASUS G72GX Republic of Gamers Laptop.

I can be browsing the web watching a movie or even playing World of Warcraft and this thing will either go into sleep mode or the screen will go blank like 2 to 3 times my keyboard lights will switch off as well. I have to move my mouse or hit any key to get the screen to come back. I have done EVERYTHING Iknow of to stop this EVERY thing in the Power settings is turned off This shouldn't be happening at all... I do not know what to do lol it is driving me crazy... Please some one give me some intel on what could be the problem...

A:Laptop goes into random sleep modes or screen goes blank randomly

DX file

DXDIAG File

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-goes-into-random-sleep-modes-or-screen-goes-blank-randomly.152323/
Relevancy 24.51%

I ve searched online about this issue and can t seem to find one exactly like mine We bought a new desktop a couple of months ago Windows home Premium is our operating system We previously had Vista We are using a inch LCD Westinghouse moniter The issue I am having is my moniter will go into sleep mode especailly while I am in the middle of doing something Be it playing a game surfing the web or typing an email I have disabled sleep and power saver mode and have turned off my screen saver as some people have suggested on other forums I have looked at It still does it I have gone onto Microsoft mode into sleep Monitor going keeps com and the only help there is to tell you Monitor keeps going into sleep mode how to turn sleep mode off Mine already is What usually happens when it does this I ll move my mouse and it ll pop right back on Sometimes however it will not come back on unless I hold down the power button on the moniter I have updated all of my drivers and the only conclusion I can come to is this is a Windows glitch and they have yet to fix it Can anyone tell me whatelse I can possibly do to fix this Some days it barely does it and others like today so far it has done it times within an hour Very annoying to say the least nbsp

A:Monitor keeps going into sleep mode

Almost sounds like what I had cept not as bad. My monitors would go into sleep mode on a brand new comp with my radeon 4750. cept it happened either at power on or whenever it felt like it in windows xp. they would not however come back unless i forced the computer off and even that didn't guarantee it. moreover, no one seemed to know about this cuz no one repsonded to me on this forum.

my problem was solved by upgrading windows xp to windows 7. in ur case i can't really suggest that. are you running 32 or 64bit win 7? what's your power supply unit? could also try running a registry edit program to fix registry errors in windows. also, post the specs of your computer like i did below.

intel i3 2.93 duo
4GB DDR3 RAM
ATi Radeon 4750 HD 512mb DDR3
1TB HD 7200 RPM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-keeps-going-into-sleep-mode.148000/
Relevancy 24.08%

Ok I have had this happen on two of my computers now When I turn on my computer it sounds like it monitor sleep stays on, on power Computer powers on the fans turn on the green light on the motherboard comes on saying it has power it Computer power on, monitor stays on sleep Sounds like the HDD turns on and starts running Computer power on, monitor stays on sleep Ive taken out the Graphics card and plugged the cord into the onboard video still nothing ive reset Computer power on, monitor stays on sleep the graphics card tried putting in only one stick of ram with each one i have sticks GB still didnt work reset CMOS reset processor also normally before the monitor stops working either the audio or the onboard LAN stops working im not sure if its because one of the motherboard screws i use is plastic maybe not giving a good ground if u have any further questions let me know ive tried almost everything but if you think of something it could be let me know i sent in the motherboard thank god for warranties but i really dont want this to happen to my new motherboard so any help would be appreciated BTW i did build this computer components from newegg com case from xoxide com nbsp

A:Computer power on, monitor stays on sleep

Case design with MoBo

Drakozen said:

im not sure if its because one of the motherboard screws i use is plastic maybe not giving a good ground.

if u have any further questions let me know, ive tried almost everything but if you think of something it could be let me know, i sent in the motherboard, thank god for warranties, but i really dont want this to happen to my new motherboard. so any help would be appreciated

BTW i did build this computer components from newegg.com, case from xoxide.comClick to expand...

I don't know the motherboard or the case designs ( maybe someone else will )
The green light is for the RAM it is on a different power rail ( and Voltage ) to the Mainboard rail.
Things to check when the new MoBo arrives before you power the unit ON
< The clearance underneath the MoBo ( with all the components attached ) between it and the case. It needs to be a positive gap try for at least four post-it-notes wide, more if the fans vibrate the board
< That the fasteners that do get used for earthing the MoBo to the case are tested with an resistance metre ( 0.00 ohms )
< That the fasteners that do not get used for earthing the MoBo are insulated against this happening
Joy 2 the Builder :approve:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-power-on-monitor-stays-on-sleep.144699/
Relevancy 24.51%

I recently updated to a new cpu heatsink & fan and upgraded the ram to 4 gb of crucial memory but now my monitor will not register. It appears to be in sleep mode. I tested the monitor and it works on another computer. I switched the ram back to the 2 GB Kingston that I was running but it still won't come on? I have also tried disconnecting the data and power cable and plugging them back in. Any suggestions?

The motherboard is a ECS GeForce6100SM-M2
AMD Cemperon processor

A:Monitor stays in sleep mode

"I recently updated to a new cpu heatsink & fan"...

Did you clean off the old thermal paste and apply a small amount of new thermal paste between the heatsink/fan and the CPU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-stays-in-sleep-mode.143827/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi,

I have an application that I want to use for long periods of time, but the internet connection needs to be up. Now, to save power I thought that I could put my computer in to sleep mode, but everytime it sleeps, it loses internet connection.

My question is: Can the internet connection stay active during sleep mode? And if so, how can I do that?

I have already tried unchecking 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option on my network adapter, but without results.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to replies...

-Marty

A:Active Internet connection during sleep mode?

No. If the computer is sleeping the internet connection can't be active (i.e. which would mean you also have a program running handling the connection, transfering data plus then you have memory in use and disk etc. so how much of your computer could really be asleep anyway

/* edit */
just fyi: the connection is allowed to be "awake" only to look for remote "wake up from sleep" type requests coming remotely. No other type of internet activity supported in sleep mode

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/active-internet-connection-during-sleep-mode.143288/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right section for this, but I didn't know where to put it.

My question: Can I put my computer in sleep-mode, without losing my internet connection?
By this I mean that applications using internet, will not lose their connection while the computer is in sleep-mode.

Thanks in advance

[Edit] I have already tried telling the computer that it can't shut off my Ethernet Card, but that had no effect. Also I know that I do have internet at night, when leaving my computer on.

Marty

A:Sleep-mode, with Internet connection?

to test it

In XP from 'Start'>'Shut down'> pull down Menu I have 'Standby' and 'Hibernate' and these both (when selected) hang-up all the procedures, writes the addresses to the RAM memory then lies inactive until summoned by keystroke (or other setup is in BIOS). The difference is only that hibernate shuts power off and saves to HDD as well.
Why don't you test the button by logging into your email address using the button then come back to the computer after a while. You'll need to set your email security so that it does not stay logged on all day, otherwise as soon as you wake up the computer the computer will automatically log back into your email address:approve:
Edit: if you are trying to set up a fax machine there is a setting in my BOIS called 'Wake on LAN' hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sleep-mode-with-internet-connection.142933/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi all,

I have an Inspiron 1525 that is one year old. Recently the battery will be completely dead when I try to turn on the laptop and will not power on unless I plug it in. The battery meter will be at 0% when it starts up, but recharges normally when plugged in. When I unplug the laptop and close the lid (which puts it into sleep mode) the battery will be completely dead by the next morning even if it was at 100% before I closed it. I don't know why the battery is discharging completely so quickly when the computer isn't even running.

Could this just be a problem with my battery? Or is the laptop not actually sleeping when I close it, but continually using up battery power? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

A:Laptop battery discharging when in sleep mode

Note there's a difference between "Sleep" vs. "Hibernation"
> Sleep mode still requires power (It should be minimal power but definitely still draws some power)
> Hibernation requires zero power

That said, i still wouldn't expect a good battery to discharge overnight on sleep mode so you probably still have an issue with your battery holding a charge

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-battery-discharging-when-in-sleep-mode.142375/
Relevancy 26.23%

I've got a iPod Touch 16 GB and want to fill out the memory a little with some game apps I can play during sitting in the bus.

I'm searching for a good racing game and it would be okay to pay if it's worth it - but their so many to choose between. Any tips of good racing game apps ( with many maps, choose car...) ?

Which free game app is your favorite? My favorite free game right now would be "Rat on run" by Donuts Games.

I wasn't sure if I chose the right forum for this question.

A:Looking for good iPod Touch game apps

60 views but no answer...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-good-ipod-touch-game-apps.137972/
Relevancy 24.51%

Alright since my PC had crashed due to stupid thing someone we know repaired it He also replaced the hard drive and it seems he also took out a Hercules card that I had in my pc I don t know if this could have anything to do with this So lately well actually since I got the computer back when I play some games not all after a while my monitor goes to sleep I had this problem once with my Asus card but the answer was obvious there it was overheating because the fan on the card itself had gone up Monitor Nvidia to 8800GT sleep, in smoke So I thought that it could be that my card was overheating so when my monitor went to sleep I put my hand close to my card and even touched it but it was totally not hot and the fan was running I have a NVIDIA GT MB and Monitor to sleep, Nvidia 8800GT I just updated it to the latest graphic driver It used to play well before and some games still run normally without monitor going to sleep Specs MS- MB RAM NVIDIA GT MB Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Antec Earthwatts EA- D W duhrr nbsp

A:Monitor to sleep, Nvidia 8800GT

Can you take it back to the person that repaired it, to fix this problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-to-sleep-nvidia-8800gt.136327/
Relevancy 24.94%

I was cleaning my keyboard one night it got sticky due to kids I have done it before with the computer on i have had monitor go to sleep before I just clicked on the moon shapped button and it came did going - far Monitor to so sleep everything back Well this Monitor going to sleep - did everything so far time it wouldn t It would come back for a bit when i unplugged monitor cord but it would go back to sleep within to seconds So i unplugged it for over a minute and got a few minutes to work on it I already had the settings so that the monitor never went to sleep I tried doing a computer reset to a few days back that did not help it either I thought maybe it was my PC so Monitor going to sleep - did everything so far i switched computers It is still doing it on the other computer Monitor is an Omnitech I would appreciate any advice thank you The light does not always turn orange and sometimes it says no signal imput even though its plugged in Monitor going to sleep - did everything so far Monitor is not even a year old it was bought last january nbsp

A:Monitor going to sleep - did everything so far

Check power saving options in Display Properties in Control Panel. Make sure Windows isn't turning off the monitor prematurely.

-- Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-going-to-sleep-did-everything-so-far.134960/
Relevancy 24.94%

Typical girl.. knowing not much about her computer! haha. Everytime I turn my computer on within 30seconds it says something like 'USB connection not found, Monitor is going to sleep" **of some other kind of connection**
I unplugged everything- and replugged to make sure nothing was loose.. but still. NADDA!
any guys/gals willing to help!
It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A:Monitor Keeps Going To Sleep

We need to know your comptuer brand, model, and age, as well as your monitor brand, model and age.
More about operating system would help, as well as the overall configuration and other software..
To what are you connected when you turn it on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-keeps-going-to-sleep.133995/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi I m running an Asus p k motherboard with nv geforce desktop whenever i run any ram intensive mostly video games team fortress WoW Left Dead etc etc my computer crashes Most of the time my computer completely shuts down as soon as i launch the games In running apps Comp ram intensive crashes when are reponse to that i ve tried scanning the hard drive cleaning out all the dust within the tower with canned air and many other things until i tried lowerng running the games while Comp crashes when ram intensive apps are running windows is on powersaving mode While running on max power saving mode on the AI suite by asus comp doesn t crash when the games start up but crashes awhile after say min I m wondering what wrong with my tower and how much am i looking at in order to fix it What the little knowledge in hardwares for PC i m guessing somethings wrong with the power supply can anyone helps Edit Another guess of mine is that electricity isn t being supplied throughout the tower evenly Much Thanks Derrick nbsp

A:Comp crashes when ram intensive apps are running

Replace the power supply first... Don't go too cheap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-crashes-when-ram-intensive-apps-are-running.129491/
Relevancy 24.51%

When I put my hp dv9500t to sleep the screen goes blank but it does not turn off. If i press a key or touch the touchpad it comes back on, flases "locking computer" then gives me the windows login screen. The weird thing is that it only does this when it is plugged in. I am using vista ultimate. Whats the deal with this?? Im totally stumped. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

thanks, sid

A:HP notebook hangs when going to sleep

two quick things

1) are you sure all windows updates/fixes have been applied?
2) Go to the hp site. Click Support. look up your model number and check if they have a fix/answer to your problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-notebook-hangs-when-going-to-sleep.125261/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have an IBM desktop with a HP pavilion f1703 monitor. Every time I boot up it says "Monitor going to sleep" and shuts down. I've plugged the mointor into my laptop and it works fine. Help! Thanks!

A:Monitor going to sleep

Instantly, or after a while?

If you can get into the desktop, right click anywhere there's not an icon, Properties, Screensaver, Power, and change the "Turn off Monitor" to 20 mins or something.

See how that goes.

If you can't get into the Desktop long enough to do it, press F8 after the POST screen, and select Safe Mode & see if you can do it there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-going-to-sleep.90451/
Relevancy 37.41%

ok so i often leave my computer to download stuff at night.is it possible to somehow lower my power consumption and possibly the noise which i am downloading at night?

A:Reduce power consumption to download overnight

Yes you can turn the screen off
I can't think of anything else

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reduce-power-consumption-to-download-overnight.124289/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi all,
I have a Toshiba Satellite A300-1EI laptop. My question is when I close the screen of the laptop, does the system stop working or is it that the screen simply goes off?
And if I have a task running like virus scan, copying files, or a download scheduler is running, are these tasks stopped or do they still go on even after just closing the screen?
Is this common with laptops of all brands?

thanks
saif

A:What does closing the screen actually do?

Hibernation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernate_(OS_feature)
Lots of excellent info there

But all processes (Virus scan; copying .. etc) will pause, until you open the lid again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-does-closing-the-screen-actually-do.123407/
Relevancy 24.08%

I need help with my Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 Laptop.

With Full power charge, while working, my monitor goes to Sleep or Hibernate, The Hibernate is turned OFF, i will have to power down and power OFF my laptop and Power it ON again to continue using my laptop. I NEED HELP?

A:Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 Laptop goes to sleep?

get into screen saver/power options are set them to default values

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a215-s4747-laptop-goes-to-sleep.120978/
Relevancy 24.51%

First my parents unplugged a few things out of anger one day That was a year ago they ve keeps HP Pavillion to going sleep My monitor finally given me my computer back and I hooked everything back up inside no problem I went to turn in on and the monitor will start and then say going to sleep then start itself up again given you the option of normal mode or safe mode If you go into safe mode My HP Pavillion monitor keeps going to sleep you re fine if you go into Normal mode it goes through that process of monitor going to sleep and starting up again I thought maybe it was the tower because of me maybe missing something small in it that would cause something big Well I took it to a friend who went to school for that and he took the memory card out put it back in and hooked it up to his monitor and it ran perfectly fine in normal mode Woohoo Well I took it home and it s still doing it on my monitor so I can come to the conclusion that I narrowed it down to it s the monitor not the tower well I looked at the settings and it shows a recommended setting for a thousand some number x a thousand some number can t check at the moment or I would and then it says GHRZ when in safe mode the first numbers are smaller than the recommended but it meets the GHRZ it s actually so would that mean in normal mode it s not meeting that and that s why it keeps restarting the monitor like that When I restored the other day I was given an option of installing hardware for the monitor I clicked continue anyways I m now in the process of restoring and seeing more details about that and maybe trying no this time to see where I can t get But even if it were to fix the problem or it weren t could anyone suggest anything or explain anything more to me Thank you for taking your time to read this and thank you if you were to reply I really appreciate it nbsp

A:My HP Pavillion monitor keeps going to sleep

Update

I completely restore the PC to it's original self from the manufactoror I can't spell. And it's fine.. nothing at all wrong with it. Now. I installed my linksys wireless card fine, but when I put it in. that's when the monitor keeps restarting on me. when I take it out, it loads fine. BUT when my friend plugged it into his computer, it worked fine, with the lnksys card in it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hp-pavillion-monitor-keeps-going-to-sleep.117437/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello everyone, I have a compaq fp15 flat screen monitor that yesterday when i shut the computer down suddenly started to go to sleep mode over and over again every 5 seconds. What I mean is that the led on the power button keeps turning green and orange and on the screen appears a message saying "Going To Sleep".

Does anyone know what's going on? Could it be the monitor that is damaged or the computer?

Thank you in advance.

A:Monitor keeps going to sleep mode over and over

Disconnect the monitors cable from the computer and see if this on off thing still happens. If it does, it's a monitor problem and not the computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-keeps-going-to-sleep-mode-over-and-over.113853/
Relevancy 24.51%

My Acer Aspire 5920 puts itself to sleep - whether plugged in or not - after it's had no input for long enough (i've never been there when it went so i don't know exactly how long). This sucks royally because i leave it on overnight sometimes to run downloads and they always fail.

I already have everything set to "never" in Power Settings.

Is there a way to stop it doing that?

Vista Home Premium 64b

A:How can I stop my lappy from going to sleep all the time?

Seems to be on some Vista computers, that you cannot turn it off !!
Therefore, you could set it to not turn off for 15Hrs (ie overnight and more)

You could use this batch file (ie save to Notepad, the save as, all files, PConfig1.bat, then run it with Administrator rights (just right click on it)
Anyway, here it is, I found the batch file here: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-power-management-on-windows-vista/

powercfg -x hibernate-timeout-ac 900
powercfg -x hibernate-timeout-dc 900
powercfg -x standby-timeout-ac 900
powercfg -x standby-timeout-dc 900
powercfg -x monitor-timeout-ac 900
powercfg -x monitor-timeout-dc 900
powercfg -x disk-timeout-ac 900
powercfg -x disk-timeout-dc 900
powercfg -hibernate on
exitClick to expand...

Let me know if it works

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-stop-my-lappy-from-going-to-sleep-all-the-time.111127/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey,

I've got a brand new (4 days old) Intel DQ35j0 MB and it won't stay in sleep. It will for about three minutes then it "wakes" up again. I tried unplugging the mouse and keyboard thinking maybe either one was sending a signal and causing it but no luck. Also, I need to update the BIOS. Is there anyway to do that without a floppy disk?

Thanks

A:Computer Won't Stay In Sleep Mode

Why do you "Need" to update the BIOS. Usually, you want to leave the BIOS alone unless you know of a solid reason to update it. Updating the BIOS is a risky procedure that can sometimes destroy a computer, unless you have experience.
Usually, you can fix the sleep issue by changing your settings in the control panel, or updating the driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-stay-in-sleep-mode.108479/
Relevancy 24.94%

My montor will turn on but than it will say going to sleep. I have tried to unplug everything, it will not work. I plugged the montor to my laptop it came on, but not to my desk top. I don't know what would be wrong. ? Anyone know what it could be? Kat

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/montor-say-going-to-sleep.107515/
Relevancy 24.51%

While i am doing something on my computer it will randomly say monitor going to sleep with a blank Freezing sleep Monitor and going randomly to backround then gose Monitor going to sleep and Freezing randomly off Then i am not able to turn it back on and i must restart my computer in order to make it work Also on top Monitor going to sleep and Freezing randomly of that my computer freezes It usally happens when i am watching a video or flash movie or at least i noticed it more during something like that Things i tried and know I have tryed the power supply thing and every is on never My video card isnt overheating with my first problem because it happened with in seconds of booting my computer Tho i dont know about the freezing My monitor is a HP vs e My video card is a Geforce Windows XP Asustek motherboared Intel pentium Made by HP My video drivers are up to date along with Direct X If theres anymore info i must provide id be happy to nbsp

A:Monitor going to sleep and Freezing randomly

Try this - go into Control panel, find power options and chose to never shut the monitor off or for it to go to sleep.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-going-to-sleep-and-freezing-randomly.106970/
Relevancy 26.23%

my current system is:

AMD dual core 6400+ Processor
e-GeForce 8800 GT Video Card
4 gigs of ram
I have a MSI motherboard but I can't remember exactly what it is.

I currently have 2 moniters hooked up to this computer and plan on running a total of 20 applicatons on it. It works fine when I am running the first 10 applications but as soon as I start putting up more applications on my 2nd moniter the screen starts to flicker. The flickering gets so bad that I can't see the mouse and phantom applications appear when they arn't really there. I have tried replacing ram/video card/processor out of a computer that I know works and I can't get anything to fix this problem. If anyone knows what I might try next please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

A:Screen flickers when running multiple apps

Try playing with the resolution settings of the 8800. Why in the World would any one want to run 20 or even 10 apps at one time?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-flickers-when-running-multiple-apps.100389/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi, i need some help. When i play the game City Of Heroes sometimes my computer locks up and my monitor goes to sleep. After about 30 seconds of audio looping, my compute4r unfreezes and resumes the current action. But my monitor remains off. I can hear the noises my game makes and when i type (to try and chat when monitor is off) the keystrokes make the normal noises in the games chat engine. So that means my computer is working properly. Just my monitor is off. PLEASE i need help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-to-sleep-while-playing-city-of-heroes.99106/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi I am trying to run a No to Input Monitor goes sleep.... Radeon HD MB GDDR HD Display but the monitor keeps going to sleep lazy monitor It is a LCD HP w quot Which is brand new monitor I gotten last year very nice monitor Anyways I plug the power pin into my videocard and then I made No Monitor Input goes to sleep.... shure the card was lock in it was plus the fan is working ok not to loud Then I press my I O power switch on and also the monitor nothing just a blank screen on my LCD Monitor So I switch my videocard back to x Radeon DDR MB Pro card No Monitor Input goes to sleep.... my monitor saws it So I check my BIOS screen it is pick as PCI-E which is normal even I download newest drivers from ATI ADM site nothing The box says it really No Monitor Input goes to sleep.... works and I even call Visiontek which I was surprize they anwser Anyways they say did you update the BOIS yes I did did you download newset drivers I say yes I did I guess maybe it could be bad hardware needs to be update from local pc shop etc Thats my only option Its no my CPU I am running on Watts Intel newest intel board running on double core processors And also running on GB of DDR-SDRAM memory Every thing else is up to the date I think I going to return it and get it from my local computer store see they can install cheaper HD card that has DDR GDDR should work fine It has a power cooler on my new ATI thats why I want it If not downgrade should not matter it is so allot newer then my old card nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-monitor-input-goes-to-sleep.96497/
Relevancy 24.94%

My samsung syncmaster 152v keeps sleeping and I have tried everything I can think of 2 cure it, but after downloading new drivers for both the monitor and my nvidia geforce fx 5200 graphics card, nothing has worked.

Please help me with some ideas what to do next

thanks

A:Monitor keeps going to sleep!!

Check your power management settings in Windows. Assuming you're using XP...

Start>Control Panel>Power Options

There you will be able to set the various power options for the monitor and hard drive. Make sure your monitor is set to "NEVER", and then you shouldn't have this problem anymore. Let us know if this helps or not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-keeps-going-to-sleep.62512/
Relevancy 24.51%

Ok guys newest problem I have had this Trendnet tew- so going sleep every adaptor often. USB Wireless to ub wireless adaptor since the end of the summer and well i have had no end of problems with it First the signal strength was awful i had to Wireless USB adaptor going to sleep every so often. make myself a wokfi dish to increase the Wireless USB adaptor going to sleep every so often. gain and that did the trick But the newest demon to interfere with my wireless experience is ocnstant contsant headaches with the thing going to sleep Like im trying to download the new COD demo past few days and i have had no luck because this thing just keeps knocking off Steps i have taken Device manager make sure computer is not allowed to turn off power to it also did the same things with the usb ports Got newest driver from the site The tinfoil dishes i made solved the problem for a night then i was back to square one Respositioned router and the adaptor to no end Investigated with net stumbler Trawled google for hours To make it work again simply unplug and plug back in When it goes on and at startup in device manager it says the device was unable to start Is it a dud or are my usb ports rejecting it Thanks in advace sorry for long rant nbsp

A:Wireless USB adaptor going to sleep every so often.

Also this happens more often when downlaoding. I have had a steady connection for more than half an hour now....but i bet when i re start my download...it'll hit the dirt again.

Some more info:

Tried changing channels in router settings.
Currently looking for a way to reset my usb hubs and possibly find drivers for them???( any help here would be appreciated)I think it mihgt be a conflict with my usb hub.Maybe they dont supply it with enough juice.
I also unplugged my other usb applications save my mouse...see if usb bandwidth was the problem. No obseervations as of yet as ive just done that....but does anyone else agree its not a hardware problem in the adaptor itself but with the usb ports?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-usb-adaptor-going-to-sleep-every-so-often.89379/
Relevancy 26.66%

Well I finally got my GT to work but now it seems I have yet another issue that I need to kill I first Card Apps? Graphics Crashing noticed this when I tried to apply a lighting effect to and image I was working on in Photoshop CS The program crashed and I got that little box that allowed my to report and error to Microsoft or whatever I figured it just to be a bug with the program seeing it was Graphics Card Crashing Apps? new I then tried to run Counter-Strike Source to get the card warmed up It ran fine for Graphics Card Crashing Apps? a couple of minutes but then the game crashed and I got another Error Report box stating that quot hl Graphics Card Crashing Apps? exe quot the game s executable encountered a problem This has never happened before so I wanted to try a different set of video drivers I downloaded ForceWare off Guru D com and installed them Afterwards I checked everything ran Disk Cleanup and tried the whole Counter-Strike thing again The game worked beautifully for a couple of hours but then crashed a second time I took the side panel off of my system and felt the card - cold as ice with my Zalman VF- cu cooler - weird Just for kicks I launched BioShock to see what would happen The menu loaded up nicely but then it crashed when I went to load up a saved game I couldn t find any crash logs or anything so I m not sure what is causing this to happen My guess would be a driver issue but the GT has a buggy reputation it seems Any ideas Help will be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Graphics Card Crashing Apps?

What capacity of memory is installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-crashing-apps.87706/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi, im having a problem i dont know how to fix and if anyone could suggestion anything would be great...

Whats happening is that, say, i want to download, usually torrents, but i usually like to leave a few queued torrents on overnight, whenever i wake up in the morning to check if my downloads have finished, i would find my downloads didnt get far at all, and the connection says limited connectivity... and when i look at my router/modem (netcomm NB5 +4) the PPP led light is off...

Its getting really frustrating, any help would be great, thanks!!

A:Overnight downloading

Sleepy Time........

Is Standby enabled on your computer? Are you using your default browser?
I run into the partial download problem when I try to use Firefox, which is not my default browser. When I use my default browser, (which is a heavily "Verizon-ized" version of IE6 (with TABBED browsing)), the downloads proceed just dandy.

As a disclaimer let me add that most of my prolonged downloading is confined to the occasional Linux distro.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overnight-downloading.86597/
Relevancy 23.22%

I am unable to activate a dell M782 monitor from the power saving mode after the sleep button on the keyboard was pushed. I have unplugged the power from both the cpu and monitor, powered down both & disconnected the monitor cable. The error message says "monitor in power saving mode use pc to enable". Tough to do when the screen is black! I suspect there is a secret combination of keys that undo this but have no idea which ones to press in what sequence. Help!

A:can't activate monitor power after sleep mode button on kybrd pushed

Press the "on" button, or the "wake" button if there is one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-activate-monitor-power-after-sleep-mode-button-on-kybrd-pushed.86776/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello again everyone I have a computer that SHOULD be running amazingly well and it does for the most part I really have NOTHING on here it is a Dell customized PC only running processes regularly Here are the specs Dell Dimension DIM Pentium CPU GhZ GB RAM Windows XP Home Edition So everything runs fine I have a wireless Linksys router which I JUST upgraded to the latest firmwire and everything brand new speakers an external MyBook GB USB Hard Drive which holds my music Everything in consistent and midi-apps... Awful noises music crackling/popping was running great but my music pops and crackles id say about every seconds I also use a Midi Controller Keyboard Keystation es by M-Audio I play the M-Tron software and it crackles louder than hell when going on a note for longer than seconds It is all in and out on and off I have no idea what could be causing it people have told me it is the CPU and the computer is struggling but it just does not make sense I am barely running anything on here my processes are all normal and everything the Linksys wireless was a hog Awful crackling/popping noises consistent in music and midi-apps... for a while but the firmwire fixed it up a lot Does anyone have any ideas or can help me Also all of the midi keyboard software is Awful crackling/popping noises consistent in music and midi-apps... detached from the external HD the external HD is JUST music so it has no connection to the popping and crackling of the M-Tron software with the keystation es Thank you for any help anyone can give nbsp

A:Awful crackling/popping noises consistent in music and midi-apps...

Update:

I have tested old speakers with the OLD audio card, which is still installed above my new Audiphile one. Old speakers work PERFECTLY, so it is NOT the CPU or PC. It is either the SPEAKERS or the AUDIOPHILE sound card. How do I find out? I have no other speakers that connect to the Audiophile card, and I have no other PC with a card that can test the speakers.

Anyone have an educated decision? A popping noise every 10 seconds or so, on and off, sometimes never happens...audiocard most likely, right? The speakers were bought brand new, M-Audio Studio Pro 3's. They seem just fine.

Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/awful-crackling-popping-noises-consistent-in-music-and-midi-apps.78919/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello I have been helping an older year old woman with her computer The computer is an HP and is - years old I think The computer boots up XP fine then after about minutes the monitor goes blank and says it is going to sleep So it does The processor continues to run So I turned off the computer I waited a bit then tried to turn it on again Wouldn t come on for about minutes This was after I unplugged and replugged in wall that it would come on again The computer booted up going to sleep monitor just fine Then after about minutes it went to sleep again I check the properties of the monitor and it is set to never go to sleep The woman had always monitor going to sleep turned the computer quot off and on quot every time she was using it until I told her about months ago to leave it on unless she was going to be gone over night or if a storm was coming We live in Indiana and monitor going to sleep have bad storms While this sleeping and rebooting was going on I noticed a quot smell quot coming from the tower And when I felt of the top of the case it is a thin upright case it was so hot close to the back that I couldn t put my hand on it However the monitor itself is not hot After the monitor went to sleep for the rd time I unplugged the computer from the wall After about minutes I could put my hand on the top of the case at the back It was not cool just not real hot anymore And the smell was just about gone I am thinking that possibly the monitor is going out Could it be the connection on the back of the tower that is the problem since it is so hot back there What do you think could be the problem I appreciate all responses By the way I told her to leave the computer unplugged I will be going back over on Thursday to check on it again Thank you so much Maggie nbsp

A:monitor going to sleep

99.9% of the time, if there is a waiting period before resetting or rebooting the hardware, then it is directly related to some kind of heat problem. The 10 minute wait was just to let it cool down. Try taking off the side of the case, and put a fan right next to it blowing air directly inside the case to see how it affects the operation. The fact that you smelled something isn't good. If it (the heat you felt) was on the top rear of the case, then it sounds like the powersupply is getting ready to take a dump.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-going-to-sleep.77760/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi

I have a problem with my Dell monitor (Dell 2005 FPW).
It is connected via a DVI port, my problem is that when ever a program needs to reboot into DOS to do anything(Like PartionMagic or defrag program etc) it goes into power saving mode.
Which mean I can never see the options etc so I usually end up randomly pressing keys (yeah I know not very bright thing to do)

Is this a feature of DVI or is there a setting somewhere so that the DVI port still sends a signal to the monitor even outside of windows?

many thanks for any advice

Cheers
Jon

A:Monitor goes into sleep mode in "Dos"

What kind of a video adapter do you have? If it's an integrated one, then there may be an option in the BIOS to set the default port for video output.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-into-sleep-mode-in-dos.74673/
Relevancy 26.66%

having a major problem with internet explorer so i switched to the much more stable firefox and now after having firefox i disabled IE and ran into a problem most of my external apps wont run (iTunes MSN messanger so on) i need to know how to make these programs run off Mozilla thanx

A:Firefox for external apps

usually ENABLE ActiveX, allow signed components works.

sometimes you need to render (while in FF) using the IE engine

otherwise, like MS UPDATE, you have a site/application that specifically
written for IE only -- drives me craz :knock:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-for-external-apps.70303/
Relevancy 21.5%

So i m doing loads of Vista troubleshooting tonight working out all the kinks Got the sound internet and video working mostly I think video "sleep mode" Vista crashes but when I try to come back from low-power state standby or sleep mode Vista "sleep mode" crashes video the computer freezes and my video goes all crazy I get lovely streaks of green like my desktop was just hit by a grain shredder and it won t function anymore - if I hit the power button it ll shut down and work fine when I turn it back up again I updated the drivers least I thought I updated the drivers from nVidias website Any ideas Its integrated GeForce graphics on the AM biostar board with the same name - by no means a gaming machine just a cheaper workstation Athlon and Home Premium if that makes a difference EDIT i tried going into dxdiagnostics to disable agp texture acceleration but it won t let me disable it no button nbsp

A:Vista "sleep mode" crashes video

Found the solution. The nVidia driver area is pretty confusing.

If anyone else is having trouble, the Vista nVidia GeForce drivers are all bundled together, go HERE to find them.

Hope that helps anyone else with the same problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-sleep-mode-crashes-video.69115/
Relevancy 24.51%

Computer Goes to Sleep - Refuses to Wake My work computer is an eMachine running Windows XP Professional with a dual GHz Celetron CPU and MB of RAM We recently boght a new Gem GM- B plug-and-play monitor and added some VRAM to the computer Everything was working great up until about two weeks ago when the computer developed a tendency to go into sleep or hibernation mode and then refuse to wake up The only way to get back to using the computer is to do a forced shut down from the power button and then reboot This happens despite my setting all power options to quot Always On quot and turning hibernation off In addition there seems to be no pattern to when this happens Sometimes it goes to sleep literally one minute - or even less - after I ve booted the computer other times it stays on for as long as an hour It doesn t seem to be a quot sleep Goes Compuuter - to Refuses Wake Sleep to quot proper thing anyway as it switches off sometimes when I m Compuuter Goes to Sleep - Refuses to Wake playing CDs or opening an application Aside from this problem the computer and monitor run fine and give no hint that anything is wrong until it s too late If anyone has an idea as to what is causing this problem and can offer a solution I d greatly appreciate it Thanks nbsp

A:Compuuter Goes to Sleep - Refuses to Wake

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The fact that you`ve added ram recently, makes me think that it may be a ram problem.

It might be a good idea to download and run the Memtest86+ programme from www.memtest.org.

Let it run for at least seven passes. If you don`t have a floppy drive, there is an iso version that you can burn to cd, and then boot from that.

This will test your ram for any problems.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compuuter-goes-to-sleep-refuses-to-wake.27098/
Relevancy 26.66%

hey everyone recently an annoying problem came up with all things graphical on my computer everything from games to video playback to scrolling up and down in web pages skips what ever it is will move normally then stop for about a tenth of a second graphics all apps help skip, please and then jump ahead to where it should be This happens constantly and makes it near all graphics apps skip, please help impossible to play games of any sort and video un-enjoyable Since it started happening I ve used Darik s Boot and Nuke on the ultimate boot CD to wipe the HD reinstalled windows and flashed reloaded the BIOS and installed the newest video drivers As far as I know that takes care of any possible settings or software problems that might have caused this my computer is still under warranty but sending it back and there being nothing wrong with the video card or whatever else will get me charged for shipping and testing something with nothing wrong If anyone has any idea how to fix this problem or how to test my video card to make sure thats whats causing it and there is something wrong with it or knows what else could have gone bad to cause this help would be awesome I have my computer components in my profile its computer thanks again Bryan nbsp

A:all graphics apps skip, please help

Google and get memtest and test your ram for at least 8 passes!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-graphics-apps-skip-please-help.61931/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey all,
I have an IBM iSeries Thinkpad notebook 1161-43U, that won't come out of "standby" mode. I have an orange battery indication, a green half-moon indicator, and the green power indicator. The notebook won't power up at all. If I disconnect the power AC adapter and then plug it in, I can hear a faint grinding sound and then nothing. I suspect that the main CPU cooling fan is malfunctioning causing a "CPU overheating" condition...

Does anyone have experience with this?

A:IBM Thinkpad iSeries Sleep Mode

Is your computer running Windows xp service pack 2? If so there is a fix for computers that wont wake up from standby or hibernation mode.

find.pcworld.com/52864 copy and paste that into your browser and that should help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ibm-thinkpad-iseries-sleep-mode.59282/
Relevancy 24.51%

My system including my monitor works perfectly except when I have to restart When I restart the cpu POSTs fine but my monitor goes into sleep mode shortly after the restart I say sleep mode because the green power light comes on momentarily and then goes to a blinking amber light If I power down then power back up the system including the monitor will boot up just fine although lately I may need to do this or or times before the monitor will come out of sleep mode At first this was an annoyance because I had to do a hard restart anytime I needed to reboot However now I m sleep on mode Monitor restart concerned that eventually my monitor will not respond Here are the things I ve done to troubleshoot this problem New video card New power supply needed a Monitor sleep mode on restart new one anyway-fan was blown and was hardwired New monitor and cable I knew I didn t need a new one because I tried a spare monitor and it did the same thing but I couldn t resist an excuse to buy a quot flat panel checked all fan operations and replaced any fans that seemed slow System specs AMD Athlon G MB DDR SDRAM Gigabyte dx bios AURORA MOBO F IA new Geforce FX video card running on W K I have my power options set to quot always on quot I really don t think this is a hardware problem I m thinking it has something to do with a Bios setting or problem or some ACPI setting This problem seemed to start when I installed some MS critical updates but I can t be sure I m at my wits end and if anyone can help me with this not only would I be eternally grateful I promise to name my next born after you Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Monitor sleep mode on restart

Look at the power management settings in BIOS, esp. video off method, enable/disable APM/ACPI. Also IRQ for VGA in PnP settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-sleep-mode-on-restart.11874/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey I have had the comcast high speed internet and the same linksys BEFSR router for several years now with no problems but recently i have had some connection issues Browsing the net is fine occasional hickups but when it comes to things such as online games ventrillo online voice chat and downloading large files im having problems What is happening is on all the things i do and Getting packet apps several loss, connection in problems the Getting packet loss, and connection problems in several apps connection does not drop right away instead it kinda pauses and when i try to do an action such as activate microphone to chat or open up a list of info in a game i lose connection Downloads just seem to pause after a few minutes the same goes for autopatchers in games and other software like virus definitions I have no idea where to start but i did run pingplotter for runs on several servers inluding the game IP s that im losing connection and im getting packet loss on my personal IP jumps and up i read that anything above is most likely a problem Here is the photo of pingplotter HERE its a test of only a single IP but no matter what IP i run it on i get over packet loss on the first two jumps which im guessing have something to do with my end I also ran it on both of my two pc s and both have very simelar results I also reset both the modem and router I have tried different networking cables and have tried static nonstatic ips with no luck Anykind of suggestions to solve this problem would be greatful i do not want to call comcast until i have as much info as i can Thank you very much for your time nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-packet-loss-and-connection-problems-in-several-apps.52561/
Relevancy 24.51%

I just changed out the K7SEM Micro ATX motherboard in my computer with an identical board (used one). My computer is about 5 yrs old, it is a V2 Premier 100/133 mhz, Windows XP os, with DVD, floppy drive, cd/rw.
Just a basic computer.
My problem is, when I power up, the monitor immediately goes into sleep mode before anything appears on the screen, so I am not able to run any setups etc. I am using the same HD as I was before, so everything should still be on it.
Any suggestions as to how to fix the problem would be appreciated.

Thanks, clueless1

Edit: Please post in the proper forum, from now on.

A:monitor goes into sleep mode

this bios settings in the mobo you are using have probably been changed, or there isnt enough power..or the mobo is defective...where did you buy it from.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-into-sleep-mode.49001/
Relevancy 28.38%

Here is my story First off all I am building computers for a couple of years now and I know what anymore Supply Switch closing with Power won't after it Computer start I am doing but This problem arrived the other day after changing my case Days Ago I bought A new Case and a new Burner for my Computer I unintalled everything and installed it in my new Case I plugged everything back up and was on my computer again without any problems I used the reset button but it was behaving oddly the computer was still running but the monitor turned itself Computer won't start anymore after closing it with Power Supply Switch off So I though that maybe I had installed the reset Switch the wrong way I couldn t stop it anymore so I closed it with the Power Supply Switch So I opened my case to see if everything was ok Everything was as it was supposed to be I played with the connectors a little bit to make sure they were well connected I tried running the computers again but it wouldn t start It didin t make a noise no fan running no BIOS nothing I was very afraid to have killed my Power Supply or MOBO by closing it the wrong way I though that maybe it was just the power button of my new case that was the problem so I connected the Reset Switch connector in the Power Switch I tried turning it on and it worked I was very releaved that it was just that problem So I left it opened all night and went to work I also accesed my computer remotely from work almost all day But Last night when I finally came home the computer was closed I though it was weird but opened it again and went to see a couple of things on the net Went out for min max with my GirlFriend When I came back the computer was closed again and it wouldn t start again like it did the day before So I opened it again checking the reset and power switch button But now any of the didn t work anymore I thought that it couldn t be the PSU or MOBO because last night I was able to get it back up by switching the Power and Reset switch I started to unhook every power cable from HD to CD and floppy even the case fan Nothing Took out the Sound card and Video Capture Card Nothing Unhooked the HD and DVD Burner and floppy NOthing Took out the Video Card I also plugged out and plugged back in the Mother board and CPU Power connector from the PSU to be sure that they were well connected Nothing happened I even took out the Front of the case to look at the Power Button They looked ok but I am no expert in that I also took the MOBO battery out to clear the BIOS Now my computer is dead I can t do anything to make it work I am thinking that by closing the computer with the PSU switch I might have shorted something but with a good PSU like I have on a protected circuit it shouldn t happen I saw an existing post were someone had the same problem and had used the PSU switch But it is design to do that Not fry everything by using it The Antec PSU also has a protection against surges Tonight I will try to use a W Enermax PSU I have in another computer and see if it changes something If not than they are possible solution Maybe just the buttons but I doubt it or the Motherboard is screwed If it is the motherboard and my Waranty is not good anymore I will have to buy a new motherboard and a New CPU reinstall Windows and my Video Card which is AGP won t work in a PCIE MOBO So I will have to buy a lesser MOBO and if future upgrade have to come I won t be able to buy a PCIE Video Card If they still do the AGP by then By they way they still sell Athlon XP MOBO in my local computer shop but they are so cheap they don t have AGP X or DDR So what do you think it might be Any suggestion as to what I may Try Anyone with a similar problem AMD Athlon XP Gigabytes G A- L Motherboard nForce X MB of DDR Memory in Dual Channel Antec W SmartPower Maxtor GB MB IDE HardDrive Primary Master Pionner DVD- D New DVD Burner Secondary Master Geforce GT AGP w Additional Power plugged in Creative Live Soundcard ComproPVR Video Capture C... Read more

A:Computer won't start anymore after closing it with Power Supply Switch

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If after trying your other psu it`s still dead, It`s got to be either the mobo or cpu.

I think for whatever reason, you`ve had a short circuit of some kind and it`s fried either the psu/mobo/cpu.

You`ve seem to have tried all the right things, so I can`t really suggest anything else.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-start-anymore-after-closing-it-with-power-supply-switch.47091/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have this problem ...
I use a switch between 2 PC's ... For this reason, I use only one monitor, keyboard and mouse instead of 2. The monitor is a HP 1702. Time to time, when I switch between computers, monitor enters into "Sleeping mode", but only for one computer. Even if I try to reboot the computer with the problem, the monitor won't display anything except "Going to sleep" ... Also, if I try to connect the monitor directly to the computer which is still working, it;s OK. If I want to do this with the other computer ... Nothing.

I tried and I connected the computer to a CRT monitor and, after that, LCD woke up. So, where is the problem? Should I change the monitor everytime when LCD is going to sleep and forgetting to wake up?

A:Monitor is going to sleep

I have a user with the same monitor and same problem. The HP 1702 is going to sleep as she is typing, as if the ACPI settings are turning on with an amber glow coming from the light. After a while it will turn back on fully. We replaced the monitor and she is still experiencing this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-is-going-to-sleep.42787/
Relevancy 24.08%

Ok here s how it started I used to have a GeForce MX until it died a bitter death I replaced it with a causes FX problem to sleep! monitor GeForce 5500 GeForce FX purchased at TigerDirect thinking it was a better card Here s what happens With the MX I was GeForce FX 5500 problem causes monitor to sleep! able to play all kinds of games Warcraft CSI Doom with no problem When I replaced the with the I could still load Warcraft but about seconds into the game the monitor would shut off I would have to manually restart the computer to get it back up So I tried re-installing drivers for the video card and updating the motherboard drivers I tried removing the card and putting it back in Whenm that didn t work I thought it may be windows related so I uninstalled XP and formatted my drive and re-installed windows That didn t work The monitor kept turning black after about - seconds I read that the onboard sound might be conflicting with the video card so I disabled that I disabled the onboard video thinking that that might be the problem Nada zilch nothing It s gotten so bad now that I can t even load XP unless it s in Safe Mode without the monitor shutting off I m assuming this is a video card issue but I can t figure out what the issue actually is I ve searched and searched and I m two steps way from taking it to a computer place to get looked at but I wanted to see if I could get help on here first Here is my set-up CPU Type AMD Athlon XP MHz Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA- VT PCI AGP DDR DIMM Audio LAN IEEE- Motherboard Chipset VIA VT Apollo KT System Memory MB BIOS Type Award Modular Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Printer Port LPT Video Adapter nVIDIA GeForce FX D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce FX IDE Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller SCSI RAID Controller VAX S SCSI Controller SCSI RAID Controller VIA SATA RAID Controller Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive MAXTOR L J GB RPM Ultra-ATA Disk Drive WDC WD JB- GVA GB IDE Disk Drive IOMEGA ZIP USB Device Optical Drive SCSIVAX DVD CD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device Optical Drive SONY DVD-ROM DDU x x DVD-ROM Optical Drive TOSHIBA CD DVDW SD-R DVD R x DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK C NTFS MB MB free D NTFS MB MB free Total Size GB GB free Peripherals FireWire Controller VIA VT Fire II IEEE Host Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller USB Device USB Human Interface Device USB Device USB Mass Storage Device DMI DMI BIOS Vendor Award Software International Inc DMI BIOS Version F DMI System Manufacturer DMI System Product DMI System Version DMI System Serial Number DMI Motherboard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd DMI Motherboard Product GA- VT DMI Motherboard Version X DMI Motherboard Serial Number DMI Chassis Manufacturer DMI Chassis Version DMI Chassis Serial Number DMI Chassis Asset Tag DMI Chassis Type Desktop Case DMI Total Free Memory Sockets Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-fx-5500-problem-causes-monitor-to-sleep.42918/
Relevancy 24.94%

hi,

can anyone tell if there's anything i can do besides changing power management in the control panel to "always on" and "never" turn off to keep my monitor from going into a sleep state?

thanks.

A:monitor goes to sleep?

Check your BIOS settings under power management or just Power heading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-to-sleep.37603/
Relevancy 24.94%

My monitor goes into sleep mode while i'am using it. How can I fix this? :hotbounce :hotbounce

A:monitor goes to sleep

Can you wake it back up? Surely its not actually doing this. But just to be sure check your energy saving settings by going to the screen saver and clicking on Power. Set that to never, and see if it still does it.

The monitor should never go to sleep while the system is active from mouse or keyboard input.

Maybe your monitor is going bad?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-to-sleep.36609/
Relevancy 21.07%

When i try to restart my computer my moniter light goes green, then this window pops up and says "Going to sleep mode" and the the light goes orange. I turn the poer off, turn it back on and repeat the process but the same thing happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2000-going-to-sleep-mode.34744/
Relevancy 29.24%

I'm wondering if there is a program out there (or settings in the router) that will
enable me to completly shut a computer from the internet.

At first I could control the internet traffic per computer in the router settings but
somehow its gone broken , I already mailed the helpdesk and stuff.

Router type: Draytek Vigor 2500 (annex a)
More detailed info on my router:
click

Thanks anyway :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/closing-router-port-from-internet.31143/
Relevancy 26.23%

The freezes 1394 VT600 during apps 3D Gigabyte computer locks up freezes randomly throughout the benchmarks and I have to reset the Gigabyte VT600 1394 freezes during 3D apps computer - no error messages come up it just hangs During normal Office and internet Gigabyte VT600 1394 freezes during 3D apps browsing system hangs very rarely My configuration is as follows AMD Athlon Thorougbred CoolerMaster heatsink MB Kingston RAM DDR stick only Gigabyte VT Motherboard Gigabyte Raedon MB Soundblaster Live Wireless NIC Antech trupower W power Gigabyte VT600 1394 freezes during 3D apps supply - no major voltage fluctuations Thermaltake Xaser case fans excellent cooling I have tried the following Checked CPU temperature - it is between to Celcius Run Memtest overnight - passes over hours with no errors Checked for hardware conflicts - none DIabled fastwrites in BIOS and winXP and disabled non-essential onboard devices such as NIC firewire and SATA I have put a Thermaltake Spirit fan on Northbridge and fan on passively cooled graphics card heatsink makes no difference I have removed all cards except for graphics - no difference Used latest VIA and ATI drivers including Omega - no difference Clean installed Windows XP with only latest VIA and graphics drivers and run benchmarks - no difference Also put in friends GForce graphics card with latest Nvidia drivers - no difference My friends Intel based system with Nvidia video card and YumCha Watt power supply runs through benchmarks without any sweat This is driving me insane Do I have a bad mobo - can anyone please help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-vt600-1394-freezes-during-3d-apps.28385/
Relevancy 26.66%

hey evryone i have a geforce fx earlier today i installed the omega drivers and i when i went to overclock it i used d performance setting and detected All Screen White Goes Apps In Direct3d optimal frequency it detected a frequency way too high for the card but i thought maybe it was because of the driver so i went and started medal In Direct3d Apps Screen Goes All White of honor pacific assault then after the initial In Direct3d Apps Screen Goes All White startup screen everything is white the whole screen i can hear the sound fine everything seems to be working fine except no color i can even see the cursor against the black background at the very bottom of the screen so i went and turned off overclocking same problem still there so i rolled back to my drivers same problem then i tried installing drivers and it is still happening i believe it is a direct d problem because i ran dxdiagnostics and did a direct d test and i could see the spinning box but not the dx logo on the sides just the utter whiteness this happens in all my direct d games such as joint operations mohpa etc did i fry the card or am i missing something need any more info than is on my profile and i will post it nbsp

A:In Direct3d Apps Screen Goes All White

lol o well stupid me i reinstalled directx 9.0c from microsoft's site and now direct3d and direct draw work fine!

i wonder how my directx files got corrupted though....any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/in-direct3d-apps-screen-goes-all-white.23781/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi. I just built a new computer, and it has 4 case fans, with lights, and 2 lighted fans on the power supply. This is in my room, and awfully bright if I leave on. I've looked into fan speed controllers, but was wondering, is there a way to have them automatically turn off when I put my computer into sleep mode? I have a clear acryllic case, so thats my biggest problem right there. Thanks.

A:Can I have fans turn off automatically in sleep

If by sleep you mean standby, then you should be able to do that. In the bios, you should be able to select the suspend mode. Chose s3 rather than s1. s1 leaves the fans on, s3 turns them off.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-have-fans-turn-off-automatically-in-sleep.24484/
Relevancy 26.66%

hello Well the problem is that the comp just reboots when playing a big app game Like World of Warcaft or when running other (mostly apps) reboots w/ big Random games although it happens allot more when I m playing WoW Note i had the BIOS reset once and after that I put in mb ram and this all started to occour so i think its the ram thats interfiering with the other one I had the famous Blue screen of death a couple of times It said something like this st one BAD POOL CALLER and then the code x c x x cd xA A x c the nd one IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL the code x A x x c Random reboots (mostly w/ big apps) x x e c Now for me thats chinese so I don t know what this all means rolleyes for the specs i will need some kind of program that can give me the details about my comp cause i don t know the exact specs of my comp blush I also have some other annoying little problems that started to occour when I resetted the BIOS Prog called Sandra told me to update my BIOS but i didn t really know how thanks anyway nbsp

A:Random reboots (mostly w/ big apps)

oke I have searched for this problem on microsoft.com and this is what if found.

microsoft result

this is only the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-reboots-mostly-w-big-apps.23968/
Relevancy 36.98%

Perhaps the working accessible overnight, CDROM not in stopped windows answer to this is as simple as quot it s frelled quot but I thought I d CDROM stopped working overnight, not accessible in windows ask Everything worked fine yesterday Today I m showing a quot Code quot error in the device manager on my Toshiba CDROM XM- B I m running Win k and the hardware troubleshooter is as usual no help at all Supposedly code means the device depends on another device that is not functioning properly but as far as I can tell there is no other device that is not functioniny properly I have un reinstalled the drivers and removed and replaced all the connections The drive is getting power as it can open and close and it does show up in the post screen and in the device manager in windows with the yellow quot quot I don t have another drive I can swap in to see if that works but can probably get one in the next few days Any suggestions in the mean time Or what to try if another drive shows the same problem Thanks Clearbeard The quot Dwarf nbsp

A:CDROM stopped working overnight, not accessible in windows

you probably have corrupted system files or registries. reformatting and reinstalling windows will fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cdrom-stopped-working-overnight-not-accessible-in-windows.21152/
Relevancy 28.81%

This is surely a stupid question but I'm a Mac person and just learning about the "other" side.

One of our exec's is having a wake from sleep issue with his IBM Thinkpad (X31). He often has to hastily close the lid with the machine powered on and has difficulty getting it to wake up later.

2 questions.

Is the machine going into standy or hibernation mode when he does this?

What key(s) does he need to mash to wake it up? (preferably in an unlocked state.)

Thanks in advance.

A:Standy or Hibernation when closing lid on powered on laptop?

I believe with XP you can do either as well as just shut off the screen when you close the lid. Check the power option settings in control panel. Click my computer->control panel->power options

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/standy-or-hibernation-when-closing-lid-on-powered-on-laptop.13882/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a user that needs an excel document closed. When you try to open it it will tell you that it is opened but it dosn't tell you by whom so it's read only.

I'm thinking the individual who had it open has closed it since there is no name but that it's stuck in their temp files; in which case they need to reboot but we don't know who needs to reboot and we don't reboot machines on the server at night in case we need to push patches to them.

I've tried copying the files to my HD and deleting them from the server but they always reappear. I tried also to take ownership and then deleting them but that does nothing to help.

Does anyone have any other ideas that DO NOT include rebooting the server?

A:Problems Closing opened documents

Copy the file's contents over into a new spreadsheet. Then save that under a different name. Abandon the file that gives problems, send an email to all possible users until you find the real owner.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-closing-opened-documents.16607/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi! When I play games with hardware acceleration, my pc restarts unexpectedly. Anything to do with 3D, and my pc restarts. I've got a 3D screensaver that uses direct3d and my pc restarts when the screensaver has been on for 10 mins or so. I've got an integrated geforce4 mx 128mb graphics card and a nforce 2 ALBATRON KM18G Pro motherboard.

I would be very grateful if any1 knows what is up or has any suggestions.

I've done the obvious things like update drivers,windows update, virus check,mem test. I really stuck.

Once again id be very grateful for help.

A:Probs With 3D Apps + Games

so you are running the newest drivers? well that rules that out then
how powerful is your PSU - it could be that whenever you fire up the 3d card the drain is so high that it all simply dies....it worth a check

Steg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/probs-with-3d-apps-games.8925/
Relevancy 24.94%

Samsung has a knack for offering buyers of its latest flagship devices a bundle of quality apps to go along with their purchase and soon-to-be owners of the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge are no exception.

Read more

A:The (good) bundle comeback: Samsung to offer 22 premium apps in Galaxy S6 free of charge

And it doesn't even have the Terminal for command-line prompt. As a Linux developer, I feel so lost and disrespected!

$ cd /
$ su root
$ service call phone 2 s16 "911"

- yes, you can make calls from Android console

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-good-bundle-comeback-samsung-to-offer-22-premium-apps-in-galaxy-s6-free-of-charge.209435/
Relevancy 26.66%

Sometime ago as I was updating my Firefox browser I noticed multiple previous versions in the folder. I can't find that thread so I'm asking if that or similiar happens with other programs such as Avast,CCleaner, M-bam & so on? If so, I think it might be best to use revo to uninstall & reinstall, is that true? I'm only asking because my Vista laptop has slowed a bit & I'm thinking I could speed it up a bit by doing such. My scans continue to come up clean, too. Thanks

A:Updating software apps

Well, it wasn't mass minutes it saved, but uninstalling & reinstalling some programs has been beneficial.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updating-software-apps.207571/
Relevancy 24.51%

Anyone know if this can be done? I usually go to sleep with a movie playing and I just went back to a dual monitor setup and the extra light from the second monitor is annoying and seems like a waste of the monitor. I mainly use VLC and its Windows 7 64bit machine. All I want is for the second monitor to follow the shutoff timer while the main monitor keeps displaying my movie.

A:2nd monitor sleep while watching a movie

Never heard of that, but why can't you just turn it off when you go bed? Here is an old school way you could do it: http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=I:aps,k:wall timers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2nd-monitor-sleep-while-watching-a-movie.207089/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi guys, I keep getting an application error when trying to add record in Microsoft Excel 2007 worksheet. This porblem seemed to crop up overuse, I have pasted the Error below, REALLY appreciate your time and help with this. Thanks!
Arsalan

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/closing-excel-when-add-record-in-table-tools.200177/
Relevancy 24.94%

Computer monitor keeps going into sleep mode even though I have it turned off in Windows 7. Any suggestions? Acer monitor.

A:Sleep mode

Check the Power Profile settings - - unless that's a laptop, set it full bore all the time and forget "being Green".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sleep-mode.207985/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey, please anyone help me. Recently when I was working on my PC, there was a power cut and my PC shutted down unexpectedly. I have again booted the PC and saw that no windows applications which are on the start menu including the PC settings, windows store are not opening. When I click on them they are just flashing on the screen and remaining on the. Why is this happening? What shall I do to bring my PC to a normal state?

A:Windows apps are not opening

Sounds like windows is corrupted from the unexpected shutdown. Try a system restore from a early time. See if this fixes your problem. If not you have to do a factory reinstall .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-apps-are-not-opening.205618/