Windows Support Forum

All apps closing down overnight when pc is in sleep.

Q: All apps closing down overnight when pc is in sleep.

Hi

I work on my pc until late at night so have several programs open plus firefox with numerous tabs. I go to bed, the pc goes to sleep, but when i come down in the morning all my programs have closed. All I see is my desktop. No error messages (as pps have mentioned). The pc come out of sleep but its like its restarted itself at some point in the night.

Its rather annoying as I will have all the programs set up ready to start work again in the morning and wont have bookmarked all the browser tabs but everything has disappeared.

It doesnt happen every night.

Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: All apps closing down overnight when pc is in sleep.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: All apps closing down overnight when pc is in sleep.

Do you have Hibernation enabled?

you may want to check the following setting in Power Options. Navigate to Power Options in Control Panel and click your power plan (usually Balanced or Power Saver). Click the Advanced power options link and look for this setting:

If the setting for On Battery is similar to mine here, change it to 0 (never). That should correct it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/235112-all-apps-closing-down-overnight-when-pc-sleep.html
Relevancy 86%

I have owned this laptop Days Was a gift from my mom Here is the issue The PC is running windows home When I received the PC I installed the Windows Anniversary update I set it up That said I began installing some of my apps I set my POWER SETTINGS to have the Computer go into SLEEP mode when I close the lid OK I did that on my way home from My Meeting nbsp where I used it for over hours When I opened the laptop when I got home WHY it up QUESTION: Dell overnight?? closing mode INSPIRON 13 after Wont in sleep 5368 power lid NOTHING Hit the Power switch NOTHING Finally I tried holding the power switch and the VOLUME switch QUESTION: Dell INSPIRON 13 5368 WHY Wont it power up after closing lid in sleep mode overnight?? and it FINALLY started up in DIAGNOSTIC MODE It says these tests would take hours EXIT FAST IT was already pm The computer restarted OK that s good Went to support page and had it check MEMORY HARD DRIVE and Processor ALL GOOD INSTALLED software to customize DRIVER installation to what needed to be updated Graphics driver and Chipset Driver installed Great Tried the laptop restarted closed the lid--opened it instant on WOOHOO NEXT Closed the lid and WENT to BED This morning OPENED THE LID NOTHING NO STAR UP Push Power button NOTHING HOLD power button NOTHING PLUG IN Let it sit push power button NOTHING Then a few minutes more Started FINALLY QUESTION WHY Doesn t nbsp the computer start nbsp after a LONG sleep WEIRD I thought the advantage of windows was instant on Start Splaining SOMEONE please or this is going back Thank you Jim nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988499
Relevancy 62.35%

I got a new Win7 desktop PC and see that David Pogue (The Missing Manual) recommends putting it in sleep mode rather than shutting down overnight. Even Microsoft's website says sleep mode is preferred unless the PC will be off for several days.

I'm skeptical of this, remembering the olden days when at least a daily reboot was needed to reinitialize RAM, which tended to chunk up and accumulate pesky processes that didn't terminate themselves. But maybe the new OS makes this old housekeeping rule obsolete. Or maybe sleep mode reinitializes RAM.

If you're a Win7 user, do you shut down or sleep overnight?

Relevancy 62.35%

I heard my PC reboot itself last night, and came on this morning and found the usual message that said "Windows ran into a problem and had to restart". I have uploaded the zip file from the SF Diagnostic tool per the instructions.

Thank you much in advance!!

~Bunkei

A:BSOD while computer was 'sleep' overnight

Your BIOS dates from 2011. Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any BIOS updates available for your system. Also check the readme file to see if they apply to the problems that you are having. Please be advised that flashing the BIOS is a very unforgiving process - and one mistake can physically damage your motherboard.

Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

speedfan.sys Fri Mar 18 12:08:46 2011 (4D83838E)
SpeedFan
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=speedfan.sys

NuidFltr.sys Fri Apr 8 18:58:16 2011 (4D9F9308)
Microsoft Intellipoint mouse driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NuidFltr.sys

iaStor.sys Fri May 20 12:52:24 2011 (4DD69C48)
Intel Storage drivers
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStor.sys

Rt630x64.sys Wed Oct 19 08:12:55 2011 (4E9EBEC7)
Realtek PCI/PCIe Adapters
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x64.sys

If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run these free hardware diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics. Let us know the results and we can move on from there.

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Sat May 18 06:13:19.435 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\051813-14414-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16581.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130410-1505
System Uptime:0 days 9:26:47.102
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!HvpGetCellPaged+50 )
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff801e06eb4f0, 0, 1800}
BugCheck Info: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff801e06eb4f0, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: 0000000000001800, Parameter 1 of the exception
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_c0000005_R
PROCESS_NAME: MsMpEng.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1E_c0000005_R_nt!HvpGetCellPaged
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2800
CurrentSpeed: 2786
BIOS Version 6.00 PG
BIOS Release Date 08/25/2011
Manufacturer OEM
Product Name OEM
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
Any drivers in red should be updated or removed from your system. And should have been discussed in the body of my post.

Code:
**************************Sat May 18 06:13:19.435 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
speedfan.sys Fri Mar 18 12:08:46 2011 (4D83838E)
NuidFltr.sys Fri Apr 8 18:58:16 2011 (4D9F9308)
iaStor.sys Fri May 20 12:52:24 2011 (4DD69C48)
Rt630x64.sys Wed Oct 19 08:12:55 2011 (4E9EBEC7)
RTKVHD64.sys Tue Jun 19 04:50:56 2012 (4FE03D70)
lvrs64.sys Mon Oct 22 22:11:24 2012 (5085FCCC)
lvuvc64.sys Mon Oct 22 22:12:08 2012 (5085FCF8)
intelppm.sys Mon Nov 5 22:55:02 2012 (50988A16)
nvhda64v.sys Wed Dec 19 00:41:41 2012 (50D15395)
dc3d.sys Wed Jan 9 06:16:07 2013 (50ED5177)
nvlddmkm.sys Thu Mar 14 21:37:00 2013 (51427B3C)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=speedfan.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NuidFltr.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStor.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x64.sys
http://www.... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/25331-bsod-while-computer-sleep-overnight.html
Relevancy 62.35%

BSOD of death when I awake (I think that's the right term) my Windows 7 Pro system in the morning after I put it to Sleep the previous night. The happens occasionally over the last four weeks. It is not every morning just once a week or so. From the picture of the screen (screen.zip) there is a USBPORT.SYS always showing so does that mean it's always the same problem? A USB device or port?
Any help appreciated.

A:BSOD on awake after overnight Sleep.

Start by running sfc /verifyonly from and elevated command prompt (Run as Administrator). Report back with any messages.
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

The USBPORT.SYS crash is mostly resulted in a USB Hub malfunction, do you have a USB hub connected at all?
This thread has this issue also.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88004a0aab5, fffff880033a1038, fffff880033a0890}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for LVUSBS64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for LVUSBS64.sys
Probably caused by : LVUSBS64.sys ( LVUSBS64+dee )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff88004a0aab5, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff880033a1038, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff880033a0890, Context Record Address

Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
USBPORT!USBPORT_GetBusContext+65
fffff880`04a0aab5 8b5500 mov edx,dword ptr [rbp]

EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff880033a1038 -- (.exr 0xfffff880033a1038)
ExceptionAddress: fffff88004a0aab5 (USBPORT!USBPORT_GetBusContext+0x0000000000000065)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: ffffffffffffffff
Parameter[1]: 0000000000000000
Attempt to unknown address 0000000000000000

CONTEXT: fffff880033a0890 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880033a0890)
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa80081b3680
rdx=000000004f444648 rsi=fffffa8008d76050 rdi=fffffa80081b31a0
rip=fffff88004a0aab5 rsp=fffff880033a1270 rbp=fefefefefefefefe
r8=000000004f444648 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffffa8008d761a0
r11=0000000000000000 r12=fffffa80081b3680 r13=fffffa8008d761a0
r14=fffff880033a1300 r15=fffffa80085691a0
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010286
USBPORT!USBPORT_GetBusContext+0x65:
fffff880`04a0aab5 8b5500 mov edx,dword ptr [rbp] ss:0018:fefefefe`fefefefe=????????
Resetting default scope

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: NULL_DEREFERENCE

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271577-bsod-awake-after-overnight-sleep.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My laptop would crash overnight while I am asleep every few days. I would have it be on sleep mode before I sleep, then the BSOD would be on when I wake up in the morning. Google Chrome or MS Words are usually the only programs that are open before I put the laptop to sleep. Unfortunately, I know nothing to very little about operating technicalities of computers. I would appreciate any sort of help!

EDIT: The attached file was not renamed to my user name. The second post is the attachment that has the name edited. Sorry!

A:BSOD computer randomly crashing overnight while in sleep mode

Oops, the attached file was not renamed. Here's the renamed file. Sorry about the double post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/256019-bsod-computer-randomly-crashing-overnight-while-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 56.33%

It started a few days ago. Whenever i try to open Camera, Store etc. they close automatically. However i can open apps that i have installed from Store and Settings.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/54986-apps-closing-automatically.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I realize this is an old post Metro apps closing but it is a current issue for Metro apps closing me I'm writing on my Mac OSX which I haven't had issues with for years nothing major like this anyway We bought our kids Toshiba laptops for Christmas for homeschooling and they both have Windows It's only January and I've had several issues with them The latest is the same as described in the last post quot I have an administrator account and another account It is just a home Metro apps closing desktop My admin account has the issue of any Metro app minimizing after - seconds but the other account is able to access them quot My son's account can access the apps and play Minecraft I was able to access the apps on the Admin account until I installed Uniblue Registry Booster and ran it However I did the same to my daughters computer and it is working fine So I don't think Metro apps closing it is RB I have tried System Restore at different restore points and those didn't work Same problem I tried System Refresh That also didn't work Same problem I'm at a loss of what to do except get my back and save up for a MacBook But any help here would be VERY much appreciated BTW I've been through some computer classes but not anywhere near the level most of you are at I'll let you know if your responses are over my head though Thanks Oh I should also mention that when I go into the app menu most of the tile apps have an X in the bottom right corner When I go to the full menu almost all of them have the word quot error quot after the name including Settings I had to get into Settings another way

A:Metro apps closing

Mate, you mentioned Registry Booster! You've located the problem. As far as I can tell, 95% of people on this forum recommend never using any registry 'booster' (apart from ccleaner), and the number one reason is because it makes a system unstable, and the second is like it: it doesn't actually provide any tangible benefit.

I recommend a system Refresh or a system reset, and failing that, a complete reinstallation.

No defragmenter, reg editor, optimizer, etc. should ever be installed. Upgraded Windows OS's also have SAFE upgraded built-in tools to do the same things as the other guys' stuff (like optimize drives). See Optimize Performance for better speeds.

These are my recommendations, hope they are helpful to you! I really think the only fix for you would be in the tutorials I've suggested (System refresh, and how to optimize performance). Good luck in your quest for the solution!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/59845-metro-apps-closing.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all I don't know if this is intended or not but my Metro apps will only completely close if I use alt f from within the app to close it If I pull the app down from the top with my mouse or Metro closing apps f4 only alt with I go to the switcher right click and click close the only thing that happens is that my Metro apps get removed from the app switcher Metro apps only closing with alt f4 and from the alt tab list Using the task manager I can see that they are still there and still using the same memory that they were before I tried to close them With alt f they disappear from the task manager and I get back the Metro apps only closing with alt f4 memory that they were using Additionally when I close them with pulling down or the switcher when I open them again from the start screen it is as if nothing had happened They still open into whatever state they were in and the splash screen with the app icon doesn't appear again like it would if the app had actually closed and been reopened This definitely seems wrong as all three options to close apps worked in Windows but in Windows only alt f works Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Metro apps only closing with alt f4

Hello The Visitor,

It has changed a bit on how to close an app from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. In Windows 8.1, you will now need to wait until the app flips to show it's tile when you drag it down to close it.

Here are some more ways to close apps in Windows 8.1.

Apps - Close in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/34581-metro-apps-only-closing-alt-f4.html
Relevancy 56.33%

hi expert,when im playing audio or video files suddenley those are closing and sounds like"blurr burr" and it shoes that restart is requied and the pc is restarting.also using store,other apps and  games it will suddenly closing those apps without any warning or information.this shoud be horrible.im usuing HP ab219tx model with widows 10 os.please slove my problem or otherwise tell me how to conact customer for on-site warrenty

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/suddenly-closing-apps/td-p/5685285
Relevancy 56.33%

I use the system apps Mail, Calendar, and Groove Music. Since I first starting using Windows 10 many months ago, these apps keep closing without any indication of why. They close when during active sessions and on awakening they're usually closed. Groove Music will close at times while I'm listening to music. Why is this happening? I kept thinking that system updates would eventually resolve the issue, but they haven't, despite many updates.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/70164-windows-10-apps-keep-closing.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I just picked up a new windows laptop and so far I really like the 8 closing their on Apps Windows randomly own new os However I have been noticing something really odd and quite annoying Apps seem to be closing on their own randomly I'll have an app open finance music games that I downloaded from the store and it'll be working fine but then all of a sudden the app Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly would just close and take me back to the metro start screen Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly I have been trying to look around but I can't seem to find a solution I contacted Microsoft tech support and they remote controlled into my laptop and did some stuff and said the issue should be fixed However it's still there I'll be reading the financials in the stock app and then boom It'll just close on it's own without any sort of error message and take me to the start screen This is getting quite annoying because everytime it happens I have to essentially go back in and start over Anyone else experiencing this issue and know of a solution

A:Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly

Hello there!

The only app I really have issues with is Music Info, great app, but buggy as a bug. It crashes kind of more often than I'd like.

As for other apps, like the Bing apps, I don't have issues with. Sometimes the News app doesn't launch, but that's sometimes.

Odd, and you're using a new PC with Windows 8 preinstalled?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/14863-windows-8-apps-closing-their-own-randomly.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I don't know how it's possible but it happened Must be WITHOUT Apps??? NO Vista Reboots WAY! Closing some new feature they never advertised but should The other day Vista Ultimate was nagging me to reboot after installing some updates I kept putting it off but finally it wouldn't let me put it off for as long In any event I walked away to get some lunch and when I got back my PC had been rebooted I logged back in NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps??? and things looked like it was starting up normally But then I see down my taskbar that I have three programs still open I'm like WTF How is this possible They were Outlook an Unsent Saved Draft of an NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps??? email and another Email which was just open My web browser windows and multiple tabs were all gone though OR WERE THEY I opened IE to begin getting my desktop back in order and get my email tabs all opened up when suddenly I saw that IE had all my tabs in it as soon as it loaded I could not believe this What's REALLY weird and I think is confirmation that something had happened was that I now had tabs in one IE instance whereas before I had two instances of IE cascaded horizontally on my quot widescreen displays each with tabs - one set was for email and one was for forums I frequent But now IE loaded up and I had all of these COMBINED into a single IE instance which btw I'm trying to figure out how to move tabs from one IE instance to another but there doesn't seem to be a way In any event I can not believe it still thus I'm posting this here to see if anyone else has encountered this If you don't believe me even I will try this again go and install some updates not like SP but some basic updates then wait to let it reboot and see what happens Regards Kevin

A:NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps???

Windows Vista 64 ultimate has done this to me as well. It's kinda of a feature than a problem. It opened up the last programs that were running before the shutdown. But I never had windows update reboot without me telling it to. That's a new one.
Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/136911-no-way-vista-reboots-without-closing-apps.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I Apps randomly on own Windows their closing 8 just picked up a new windows laptop and so far I really like the Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly new os However I have been noticing something really odd and quite annoying Apps seem to be closing on their own randomly I'll have Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly an app open finance music games that I downloaded from the store and it'll be working fine but then all of a sudden the app would just close and take me back to the metro start screen I have been trying to look around but I can't seem to find a solution I contacted Microsoft tech support and they remote controlled into my laptop and did some stuff and said the issue should be fixed However it's still there I'll be reading the financials in the stock app and then boom It'll just close on it's own without any sort of error message and take me to the start screen This is getting quite annoying because everytime it happens I have to essentially go back in and start over Anyone else experiencing this issue and know of a solution

A:Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly

Hello there!

The only app I really have issues with is Music Info, great app, but buggy as a bug. It crashes kind of more often than I'd like.

As for other apps, like the Bing apps, I don't have issues with. Sometimes the News app doesn't launch, but that's sometimes.

Odd, and you're using a new PC with Windows 8 preinstalled?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/14863-windows-8-apps-closing-their-own-randomly.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Dear Sir,
There is a particular Application in my PC,when i open that application it closes all the ruing application on that time and prevent opening new app while it is in use.it allows to open only task manager nothing else....please help me on the same...its an urgent...because i want to record screen of that particular software while it is ruing by using recording software for my personal use....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-stop-an-app-from-closing-all-runing-apps-on-pc.1169534/
Relevancy 55.47%

Recently moved my PC to another room/network connection. Ever since, I wake in the morning to see a BSOD occurred overnight. I can let the machine sit all day and go to sleep with no issues. Only happens over night.

Upon restart, I also notice the WHS2011 Launchpad crashes when it starts. The event logs say Peer Naming Resolution Protocol has terminated. The backups to the server are completing just fine. Just the Launchpad fails.

I'm assuming there is a relationship between the BSOD's and my server backups. Any help is appreciated

Debug files are attached.

Brett

A:BSOD Only When Left on Overnight (WHS2011 does backups overnight???)

As you have McAfee installed, it did what it can. BSOD.

Code:
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 406f8, fffff800039c7ca1}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mfehidk.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mfehidk.sys
Probably caused by : mfehidk.sys ( mfehidk+5cc35 )

---------
What is the "mfehidk.sys" ?
No sane computer user will use it. Uninstall McAfee Using McAfee Removal Tool. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Also Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know for any further BSOD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/360841-bsod-only-when-left-overnight-whs2011-does-backups-overnight.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, whenever I open a Metro app like Weather, even after closing it using the red cross in the upper right corner (feature added in 8.1 Update), the app will keep running in the background forcing me to end it with Task Manager. Is this normal?

A:Metro apps keep running in the background after closing

Hello Antares,

Yep, when you close an app with the red X on the upper right corner it only suspends the app to the background. When an app is supended, think of it as being placed in standby mode. The app will not use any system resources if suspended. A suspended app will still sit in memory (RAM) until that memory is needed by something else in Windows 8 and is then closed automatically to free the memory. While the app is sitting in memory, it will allow the app to be loaded faster the next time you open it since it's already in memory.

The tutorial below can help show you how to completely close an app though.

Apps - Close in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/48647-metro-apps-keep-running-background-after-closing.html
Relevancy 55.04%

It happens when i close them which is weird my first hunch is that since i recently upgraded my comp a new hdd and new ram maybe its the cause but maybe its not anyway heres the dm log

btw the first 2nd bsod was the moment when i closed csgo then the 3rd which happened yesterday happened when i was shutting down my pc then chrome exited then bsod

edit: Got another bsod when i launched dota 2

Edit2: managed to install sp 1 now

Relevancy 55.04%

I open up my Live tiles screen on my 2nd monitor. When I open an app, say facebook. All is fine. When I drag from top of screen to bottom with my mouse to close the app, it goes to desktop. Is there a way for me to go back to the Live tiles screen?

Also, is it possible to have the live tiles screen visible all times on my 2nd monitor. I use Stardocks Start8 BTW if that helps

A:Closing Metro Apps takes me to desktop

Hello gizbug,

If you are using Windows 8.1 now, then:

You could uncheck the When I sign in or close apps on a screen, go to the desktop instead of Start box from step 4 in OPTION TWO of the tutorial below to go to your Start screen.
Desktop or Start - When Sign in or Close apps in Windows 8
You could open the Start screen from the taskbar on your 2nd monitor to have it show until you either open the desktop there or drag and drop a desktop window there.

Hope this helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/33615-closing-metro-apps-takes-me-desktop.html
Relevancy 55.04%

So I just upgraded to windows 10 today, and I was exploring around discovering new things in Windows 10. But a few minutes later when I decided to open the calculator It closes instantly, Even the windows store I was searching for a fix, none of it worked. So please can anyone help me?

A:[Need Help Fix] Metro Apps Keeps Closing Everytime I launch it

If you have only just upgraded there may be several updates for the metro apps still happening in the background. I would wait a while, try a restart and see if the problem still exists.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/52450-need-help-fix-metro-apps-keeps-closing-everytime-i-launch.html
Relevancy 55.04%

this morning when i turned my computer on, (vista) i got to my desktop and my anti virus popped up saying i have a virus. i think it was a vundo, or sumthing like that...my anti-virus instantly removed it...or so it said....now my windows explorer and icons are gone, cept my sidebar...i went into task manager and attempted to manually load explorer again...closed instantly....i tried add remove programs it closed instantly. the only thing that seems to work is my anti virus....but it wont tell me anything.. /sigh....oh and btw it does the same thing in safe mode, and i've tried all avalable options on startup

A:explorer closing/unable to open apps

does anyone has solution to this problem bexos the same situation brought me here. i can't do anything through my regular user as it keep displaying Windows Explorer has stopped working & nothing can be done, no application load, nothing.
I login through another user on the same Notebook, IE works fine, I uninstalled the last application before the incidence but no luck after login to the problematic environment.
Your urgent help will be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/explorer-closing-unable-to-open-apps-275907.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I'm new here so if my question has been asked and/or answered I apologize.Since yesterday's 8.1 update 1 apps will no longer close on my non touch laptop by dragging them to the bottom of the screen and flipping them.I have noticed that when I go to the top of the screen to grab my cursor no longer becomes a hand but I can still drag the app to the bottom to flip it but then in immediately goes back to full screen and continues to run.Has this method of closing apps been removed for non touch devices in yesterday's update?

A:Problem with closing apps since update 1 yesterday

The drag and flip still works for me. The hand is gone so I just drag the title bar down.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/44170-problem-closing-apps-since-update-1-yesterday.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I often switch back and forth between desktop and metro apps - for example, looking something up on Chrome in desktop mode while messaging someone on my skype metro app. After around 45 seconds in desktop mode, the metro app is closed when I return! This is very frustrating as you can probably guess. Anyone encountered this problem before? How did you solve it?
Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/30329-metro-apps-closing-when-desktop-mode.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I can't find a solution to my problem For just one of a good number of examples I have Sonique MP player It starts ok but opening Windows closing extremely slowly and apps then it takes no joke seconds to close after clicking the close button Other apps have similar reactions but at startup time I have run spybot S amp D Registry Mechanic Ad Aware CCleaner ewido Security Suite Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly and a good number of other apps to try to clean up this mess but it still persists Here is my Hijack This log Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software iHateSpam siService exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly iHateSpam siSpamFilterEngine exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox MMDiag exeC PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mim exeC Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD USISrv exeC Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC Play exeC WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mm server exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Engine ymetray exeC Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Filing Cabinets Fcabinet exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFREE EXEC Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXEC PROGRA PANICW POP-UP POPUPS EXEC Program Files Anti-Hijacker AntiHijacker EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC SecS exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software iHateSpam siMailProxyServer exeC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exeC WINDOWS system ZONELABS vsmon exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SSScsiSV exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Hijack This HijackThis exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize rch search htmlO - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO netMonior Class - C -C C- D -BC B- BA E FE - blank file missing O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar toolbar - F- DA- CB-BF C- CAB A - C PROGRA toolbar toolbar dllO - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run Jet Detection quot C Program Files Creative SBLive PROGRAM ADGJDet exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startupO ... Read more

A:Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly

Hi wacky60 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I do not see any signs of problems in the log. It is quite clean. having a program take 5 seconds to shut down is not uncommon. I have many programs which take that long or longer. It just depends on what resources the program has to release and what cleanup it has to do at the time of shutdown.There are a couple of housekeeping items we can fix so let's do that.Start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...rch/search.htmlO2 - BHO: netMonior Class - {85810C93-C14C-11D5-BC4B-0050BA28E4FE} - blank (file missing)O3 - Toolbar: 1toolbar - {2184469F-67DA-49CB-BF3C-9CAB5974A280} - C:\PROGRA~1\1toolbar\1toolbar.dllNow close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.Find the following files/folders and delete them (don't worry if they are already gone):c:\program files\toolbar\ <--folderOk, reboot the machine and you should be good to go.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29177/windows-apps-opening-and-closing-extremely-slowly/
Relevancy 54.61%

So lets say you have a program open, and its not pinned to the taskbar, calculator for example. You close it, and the animation for the programs icon on the taskbar disappears smoothly. Now, if I pin the calculator onto the taskbar and open it (or any current taskbar pinned item) and close it, the icon disappears with a sort of a chunky, or "blocky" animation leaving just the normal taskbar icon.

My question is, should this happen or is my Windows install lagging somehow? Can anyone recreate this and see if you get a similiar result? Simply, non taskbar pinned apps icons seem to close smoother, while ones that are pinned dont really have an animation and just close with maybe 3 different frames.

A:Quick Question About Closing Apps/ Taskbar (Could someone test this? )

Hello Keyes,

This would be the Animations in the taskbar visual effects setting. It's normal for there to be a slight delay with the animation. If it's to long or jagged, then you may have something else running that's using a lot of resources causing a temporary longer delay for this.

If you like, you could turn off (uncheck) this setting to have them be instant instead.

Visual Effects Settings - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357340-quick-question-about-closing-apps-taskbar-could-someone-test.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My 8.1 Update 1 HTPC now sends us to the desktop instead of the Start screen when we close an app. I know of the setting in taskbar properties to always go to the desktop instead of start when an app is closed. This option is unchecked. It looks like any non-touch Update 1 PC just ignores this setting. Anyone else suffering from the same problem? Any thoughts?

A:8.1 Update 1 - Closing Metro Apps Always Sends to Desktop

Crisis averted. You need to go to the taskbar properties and uncheck the box that says "Show Windows Apps on the Taskbar."

Desktop or Start - When Sign in or Close apps in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44202-8-1-update-1-closing-metro-apps-always-sends-desktop.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey I just got a brand new Dell Inspiron with Windows 8 (got it yesterday). In the power options I have the settings set to sleep when closing the lid of the laptop, but the computer seems to always turn off. When I open the lid, my computer is completely off and I have to press the power button to turn it back on and wait for windows to reload.
This is not a battery problem as it happens even when plugged in.
I have also tried using the command prompt "powercfg /hibernate on" but it hasn't fixed anything.

How can I fix this problem? This is probably one of the most frustrating thing to happen.

A:Closing lid, will NOT sleep, will turn off.

hinbernat would have been on by default, which could be the cause of your problem. Try powercfg -h off

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35913-closing-lid-will-not-sleep-will-turn-off.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey I just got a brand new Dell Inspiron with Windows 8. I have the settings set to sleep when closing the lid of the laptop, but the computer seems to always turn off. When I open the lid, my computer is completely off and I have to press the power button to turn it back on and wait for windows to reload.

This is not a battery problem as it happens even when plugged in.
I have also tried using the command prompt "powercfg /hibernate on" but it hasn't fixed anything.

How can I fix this problem? This is probably one of the most frustrating thing to happen.

A:Closing lid, will NOT sleep, will turn off.

Hi please try this

powercfg /a - will show you your supported sleep sleep states
powercfg /energy - will generate a report and should point out problem areas to you - this might lead you to why sleep isn't working

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/closing-lid-will-not-sleep-will-turn-off-751385.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I have hp 'ac tu' Notebook nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp serial no-CND PP nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Product no-m y pa uuf nbsp My Notebook Specs are nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel core i u nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ddr gb ram nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp gb nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel HD Graphics nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Windows Pro bit nbsp I've buy this notebook from lid. sleep won't closing the Notebook when sri lanka months ago there is a fauilt in sleeping My notebook wont go in to sleep mode when close the lid I have checked the every windows settings for this but non of that works I Tried windows but the fauilts remaning and also there is no compatibal graphic driver in the hp web site I also tired HP support assistence The hp seler of sri lanka which that i've buy the notebook they are not even know how to fix this nbsp Any help would be helpfull Sorry for bad English Thanks

A:Notebook won't sleep when closing the lid.

Hi @shandon999, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that your laptop dose not goes into sleep when you close the lid. I want to help. Here is a link may help: Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8). Please check the section of "The computer does not go into sleep or hibernate mode". If you need to update the graphic driver, you can download the graphic driver from this website: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-ac000-Notebook-PC-series/7771404/model/8189637 Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!    If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Thanks. If you need to contact HP phone support in your area, please click link http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html to get the contact information for your region. Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Notebook-won-t-sleep-when-closing-the-lid/td-p/5601240
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone I just got a new Dell Inspiron less than a week ago It had Windows preinstalled Day before yesterday I installed Ubuntu alongside Windows it installed perfectly no need for boot-repair grub menu shows up at startup but I had to enable nomodeset option as I have an AMD graphics card The following problem has started to occur sleep properly lid to on going closing Computer not In power options I have set the computer to go to sleep when I close the lid However the computer does not always go to sleep on closing the lid The disk power and wifi lights on my laptop stay on but the screen does turn off Only a blinking power light is supposed to indicate that the laptop is in sleep mode Sometimes I have to close and open the lid a few times and sometimes I don't When I have to close and open the lid many times the screen stays off when I open the lid and only turns on if I open the lid after the laptop successfully goes to sleep If instead of sleep I set it to hibernate on closing the lid in power options then the above problem happens for hibernation Computer not going to sleep properly on closing lid too I am really confused Is it a problem with the lid If it is then I can get it fixed under warranty However I am pretty sure that this has started to happen after I installed Ubuntu

A:Computer not going to sleep properly on closing lid

Quote:

Day before yesterday I installed Ubuntu alongside Windows.

How exactly do you mean? Did you install Ubuntu on the same partition where Windows resides (Wubi) or did you create a Linux partition for Ubuntu? My understanding is that "alongside" Windows means on the same partition with Windows. If that is the case, there is a possibility that is the cause of this problem, though i'm finding it difficult to relate how the Linux kernel would affect anything inside Windows. The nomodeset or any other grub boot options affect how the Linux kernel loads and do not change any BIOS values nor do they change anything on the Windows installation.

Did you change anything in BIOS to get Ubuntu to boot, especially ACPI settings? If so, you wanna revert those changes ASAP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/computer-not-going-to-sleep-properly-on-closing-lid-842529.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I get a blue screen of death sometimes when I close my lid Sometimes it's immediate is if my laptop never went to sleep Sometimes it seems that it happens after it's been asleep for a while though I'm not too sure Regardless my laptop will be awake and running when I come back to it telling me that Windows recovered from a serious error I followed the instructions for quot Blue Screen of Death BSOD Posting Instructions - Windows amp Vista quot and attached the standard diagnostic files as well as a short little text that Windows supplies when you restart and it says quot Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown quot Any help would be appreciated For any procedures please tell me or link me how to do them please I'm running Windows -bit on an Asus G J I've had it about - years I have not reinstalled Windows ever I've cleaned the fan and heatsink of dust multiple times Closing / On Lid Laptop BSoD Sleep though BSoD On Closing Laptop Lid / Sleep the core on a light-medium load is degrees Celsius Could someone tell me why The intake and fan output are not blocked by dust or objects as I have my laptop raised Is the processor thermal paste bad now I don't BSoD On Closing Laptop Lid / Sleep know But I guess this is a separate issue Random note Despite what the performance monitor report says I have AVG anti-virus running Anyway I'll stop talking now and wait patiently for a reply Thank you to anyone who looks at this If you need any more info please just let me know

A:BSoD On Closing Laptop Lid / Sleep

Hello Talgoran!

Every dump attached prior 7/4 to is a 9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bugcheck pointing to ntkrnlmp.exe, and unfortunately there's no stopped up IRP that we can go off of to get a culprit driver if it's software related.

The 7/1 dump is a 1A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bugcheck pointing to memory corruption which may be indicative of a driver of actual physical memory issue (RAM).

The 6/12 dump is a C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER bugcheck that DOES point to a driver, which is BTHUSB.sys the Bluetooth Miniport Driver. This is a system driver, but it could be indicative of something that you have connected to that specific port is causing the issue, etc. It also could mean the BT drivers need updating.

According to !sysinfo, you have an Asus G60JX? If so, navigate to here and ensure that all of your drivers are up to date!

ASUS - Notebooks- ASUS G60Jx

DO note that you should also grab the latest BIOS version. Yours is currently 206, the latest is 208.

In the meantime, if you BSOD after updating all of the relevant drivers and BIOS, do the following to see if we can snag a driver if it's a 3rd party driver causing the issue:

Driver Verifier:

Quote:

What is Driver Verifier?

Driver Verifier is included in Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 to promote stability and reliability; you can use this tool to troubleshoot driver issues. Windows kernel-mode components can cause system corruption or system failures as a result of an improperly written driver, such as an earlier version of a Windows Driver Model (WDM) driver.

Essentially, if there's a 3rd party driver believed to be at issue, enabling Driver Verifier will help flush out the rogue driver by flagging it and causing your system to BSOD.

Before enabling Driver Verifier, it is recommended to create a System Restore Point:

Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore point

Windows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"

How to enable Driver Verifier:

Start > type "verifier" without the quotes > Select the following options -

1. Select - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"

2. Select - "Select individual settings from a full list"

3. Check the following boxes -

- Special Pool

- Pool Tracking

- Force IRQL Checking

- Deadlock Detection

- Security Checks (Windows 7)

- Concurrentcy Stress Test (Windows 8)

- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)

- Miscellaneous Checks

4. Select - "Select driver names from a list"

5. Click on the "Provider" tab. This will sort all of the drivers by the provider.

6. Check EVERY box that is NOT provided by Microsoft / Microsoft Corporation.

7. Click on Finish.

8. Restart.

Important information regarding Driver Verifier:

- If Driver Verifier finds a violation, the system will BSOD.

- After enabling Driver Verifier and restarting the system, depending on the culprit, if for
example the driver is on start-up, you may not be able to get back into normal Windows
because Driver Verifier will flag it, and as stated above, that will cause / force a BSOD.

If this happens, do not panic, do the following:

- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.

- Once in Safe Mode - Start > type "system restore" without the quotes.

- Choose the restore point you created earlier.

If you did not set up a restore point, do not worry, you can still disable Driver Verifier to get
back into normal Windows:

- Start > Search > type "cmd" without the quotes.

- To turn off Driver Verifier, type in cmd "verifier /reset" without the quotes.

- Restart and boot into normal Windows.

How long should I keep Driver Verifier enabled for?

It varies, many experts and analysts have different recommendations. Personally, I recommend
keeping it enabled for at least 36-48 hours. If you don't BS... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-closing-laptop-lid-sleep-657431.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I need some assistance I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop that runs Vista Home Edition Whenver I boot up and try to open a program or application it takes a really REALLY long time for it to open For example whenever I try to open Firefox or Internet Explorer or even my control panel the window will open and will be blank Then it will start to load but either take an enormous amount of time or after I've become tired of waiting I'll try to exit and it will say response apps slow EXTREMELY opening/closing times when programs and Not Responding Now eventually this goes away and the window does close but like I said it takes a ton of time trying to open and close these things up If I do wait it out and I do get into my Internet Explorer EXTREMELY slow response times when opening/closing apps and programs or Mozilla any links that I click or addresses that I type it again takes forever I've run a deep system scan with my Anti-Virus software and came up with nothing I did a system restore to a point where the problem was not happening and again nothing Any suggestions

A:EXTREMELY slow response times when opening/closing apps and programs

Originally Posted by seany811

Hello,

I need some assistance. I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop that runs Vista Home Edition. Whenver I boot up and try to open a program or application, it takes a really REALLY long time for it to open. For example, whenever I try to open Firefox or Internet Explorer or even my control panel, the window will open and will be blank. Then it will start to load but either take an enormous amount of time or, after I've become tired of waiting, I'll try to exit and it will say (Not Responding). Now eventually this goes away and the window does close, but like I said, it takes a ton of time trying to open and close these things up. If I do wait it out and I do get into my Internet Explorer or Mozilla, any links that I click or addresses that I type, it again, takes forever.

I've run a deep system scan with my Anti-Virus software and came up with nothing. I did a system restore to a point where the problem was not happening and, again, nothing.

Any suggestions?!

Frag/file errors/disk errors
or insufficient Installed Memory
How To Make Vista more responsive and faster

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/222421-extremely-slow-response-times-when-opening-closing-apps-programs.html
Relevancy 53.32%

This is a company business user s computer so much of the software might be in-house software The anti-virus is provided by Trend Micro Computer is a Dell Latitude D running Windows XP SP Problem Original issue user ... error Internet when closing other and an window Explorer encountered has Solved: apps IE reported was that Microsoft Word locked and froze when opening Microsoft Word was unistalled in preparation for a re-install New Additional Problem s Computer is running very slowly Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps Anytime IE is closed and sometimes when other applications are closed or any part of the computer is browsed to the Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps quot Internet Explorer has an encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot pops up Accessing the data of the error report reveals the ModName hostie dll as the problem I have run both Ad-Aware and Spy-bot HJT log follows Logfile of Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system S EvMon exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent ctalogd exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent ctapsd exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent CtaEoU exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent ctatransapt exe C WINDOWS system bmwebcfg exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files lotus notes ntmulti exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exe C WINDOWS system RegSrvc exe C Program Files Sprint AirCard Sprint PCS Connection Manager SPCSUtilityService exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client OfcPfwSvc exe C WINDOWS TEMP GQ EXE C WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system XConfig exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Common Files ACD Systems EN DevDetect exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility bin OEAddOn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Palm Hotsync exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Documents and Settings rmtgreene Application Data U LaunchPad exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C HJT HiJackThis v exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www salesforce com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpamBlockerUtility fleok D A A C E D AE EA FA EF B B A A - AA A- D - CBE-A - A D D - C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility bin HostIE dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar SpamBlockerUtility - AA A- D - CBE-A - A D D - C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility bin HostIE dll O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices C... Read more

A:Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps

Go to add/remove programs and remove SpamBlockerUtility then restart the machine.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply with a new hijackthis log.

Click Close to exit the program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-explorer-has-encountered-an-error-window-when-closing-ie-and-other-apps.622654/
Relevancy 53.32%

I had reset my mobile lumia 730, then i installed few apps newly. Most of apps working correctly with new features, but some of the apps have closing unexpectedly when i opened. I have surfed, but didn't get any solutions or cautions for that issues. I have enough internal memory in my mobile, i thought there won't be the issue cause. Can anyone help me?

A:Nokia windows lumia 730 mobile, Some apps are closing unexpectedly? what might be the issues there?

Sometimes apps crash.. Just restart your phone it'll work fine.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/407870-nokia-windows-lumia-730-mobile-some-apps-closing-unexpectedly-what-might-issues-there.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an Acer aspire E1-572 laptop with windows 10 version 1607 the latest to date. now the laptop did sleep in the previous version of windows when i close the lid but now it does not. I have checked the chipset driver, intel graphics driver and the management drivers and have refreshed them with the ones in acer support but no fix. The strage thing is that my laptop will sleep if i tell it to through start menu does anyone have any ideas?

A:My laptop wont sleep when closing the lid it stays...

Problem solved i think!!!  I went into power options ( I have already messed about in here plenty of times ) and tried something new. I went to advanced power settings and selected lid closed action, now it already says sleep. So i changed both to do nothing and applied this. I then tested and it turns my screen off when i close the lid so i know the mechanism that works with the sleep mode works! so i went back into power options and back into advanced to change the setting back to sleep. Once applied i tested again and WHALA it works my laptop now sleeps again.  There must be a bug issue with windows new build 1607 so if you are experiencing the same issue try this as this has worked for me. i will be testing for a week so i will update to say if this has been a permanent fix.If you need help with this message here i can assist you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/My-laptop-wont-sleep-when-closing-the-lid-it-stays-on/td-p/452456
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone So I've had this annoying problem for almost months now and it's really starting to bug me I have my HP Pavillion dv qte- set to sleep when to Lid Laptop Sleep Closing Somtimes Crashes When I close the lid Sometimes though it doesn't work successfully There's a light on the top of the shell of the laptop to Laptop Somtimes Crashes When Closing Lid to Sleep indicate if it's still on At times I'll close the lid and this light will remain lit If I open the lid the screen is blank and only the power button and Wi-Fi button are lit I can switch the latter on Laptop Somtimes Crashes When Closing Lid to Sleep and off it seems Even if the button to mute sounds was lit before closing the lid when this happens if I open the lid it will be off and I can't switch it back It seems the only actions I can take is to do a hard shutdown by holding the power button When I get back the only message I get is Windows has recovered from an unexpected error As I said there seems to be no pattern I update the BIOS and the dedicated GPU and it still seems to happen I also have a Logitech mini-receiver for the mouse that I keep plugged in at all times so I don't know if that has anything to do with it I just don't know where to start looking to get to the bottom of this Any advice would be appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495877/laptop-somtimes-crashes-when-closing-lid-to-sleep/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello my laptop nowadays wants to go to sleep when i close the lid even though i have the proper settings modified correctly...
Look here:

A:Laptop Goes to Sleep once closing lid even with settings modified?

Do you have hibernation enabled? Does it happen right away or after a long time?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331556-laptop-goes-sleep-once-closing-lid-even-settings-modified.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I can manually put it in sleep mode, but closing the lid will not do it. I did select that option on control panel/power options. Anyone had that issue? Thanks in advance

A:Inspiron e1405 laptop will not sleep when closing lid

Welcome to SF.

This might help you...
Laptop Won&#39;t sleep when lid closed - Microsoft Community

Vista fixes often work for Win7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/329324-inspiron-e1405-laptop-will-not-sleep-when-closing-lid.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Whenever I close the lid, the computer will not enter the sleep mode. It will still keep running and eventually display blue screen of death, as it says so when computer is turned on again.

Here are the computer specifications:
OS - Windows 7 or Vista
x86 (32-bit) or x64 - x64
What was the original installed OS on the system? - Windows 7
Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? - OEM version
Approximate age of system (hardware) - 2 years
Approximate age of OS installation (if you know) - 1 year
Have you re-installed the OS? - Yes

CPU - Intel Core i5-2450M
Video Card - Intel HD Graphics Family
MotherBoard - ?
Power Supply, brand & wattage - ?

System Manufacturer - Dell
Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) - Vostro V131

Laptop or Desktop? - Laptop

A:BSOD when closing the lid and entering sleep mode

Hi -

The dump was inconclusive.

See if Driver Verifier flags any 3rd party drivers - http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ed-473665.html

What is plugged into your USB ports?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-when-closing-the-lid-and-entering-sleep-mode-904185.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I seem to have a problem when I close the lid on my new XPS - mid spec broadwell version It does seem to be intermittent and not always repeatable but I will also try to confirm this Basically I can think of recent instances where I closed the lid no power plugged in and it appeard it had not slept In one example I opened the lid a day later power not plugged in and the battery was flat The second example was I put it in a laptop bag took it out after about hour and it was very very hot with the fan going and had drained a full battery to within that short time in my bag I am certain it was in tight enough such that it would not have accidentally been opened I had done all (XPS not 2015 13 lid machine version) does the closing sometimes sleep relevant BIOS updates and windows updates as necessary and the setting in control panel is set for the laptop to sleep when the lid is closed I haven t touched these settings so this is the default setting Any thoughts

A:closing lid sometimes does not sleep the machine (XPS 13 2015 version)

I had the same problem. And this is what it worked for me (it seems so!).
Go to Control Panel, then Power options and then "Change settings for the plan" you are using. Then click on the "Change advanced power settings" link and expand the "Multimedia settings" option. Under "When sharing media" action select "Allow the computer to sleep" both for "on battery" and "plugged in" options.

I hope this helps!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19627037
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I have been having this issue for sometime now so I finally decided to reformat to try to fix it This did not work The problem is when I close the lid I have the laptop set to go to sleep However when I do close the lid it never sleeps And when I open the laptop again the when mode) (sleep closing lid BSOD laptop laptop is still on but the screen is black and I can't do anything until it BSODs or I press the power button In the BSOD I see quot driver power state failure quot I was following your guide as too what to do run to get the necessary information and during the autoruns part it always stops responding BSOD when closing laptop lid (sleep mode) but the cmd windows BSOD Windows Vista v jcgriff still finishes Another thing is the perfmon report I get an Access Denied error so I cant do anything with that and running it BSOD when closing laptop lid (sleep mode) as Admin doesn't do a report I have attached what I could Any help is greatly appreciated HP Pavilion dv t- c CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC Product Number A L AV Intel Core i QM GHz GB RAM Switchable Graphics Intel HD graphics Radeon HD M XT

A:BSOD when closing laptop lid (sleep mode)

Hi -

The lone BSOD named your Realtek RTL8188CE wifi adapter driver as the probable cause -

Code:
rtl8192Ce.sys Tue Jul 12 00:09:44 2011 (4E1BC908)

Update the driver - http://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=rtl8192Ce.sys

Regards. .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:

Debug session time: Mon Oct 22 23:04:22.716 2012 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\102212-22869-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17944.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333
System Uptime: 0 days 1:36:42.590
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8007d26060, fffff80000b9c3d8, fffffa80077d1700}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtl8192Ce.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtl8192Ce.sys
Probably caused by : rtl8192Ce.sys
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments:

Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time

Arg2: fffffa8007d26060, Physical Device Object of the stack

Arg3: fffff80000b9c3d8, Functional Device Object of the stack

Arg4: fffffa80077d1700, The blocked IRP

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_IMAGE_rtl8192Ce.sys
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-when-closing-laptop-lid-sleep-mode-672085.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I am new to windows 7 and i would like to change these settings:

ImageShack? - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I don't get why it's greyed out.

I have a samsung series 9. I have seen something about fast start, but I don't have that application. I removed all the bloatware from my pc.

Making a new plan won't fix this problem either.

I also can't get hibernate to work. It doesn't appear in the start menu.

Greets,
Remco

A:Power/sleep button, closing panel options greyed out

Hi

Since you have removed Fast start

lets try other way

Click start > run

type cmd.exe

Then type "powercfg -restoredefaultschemes"

and then reboot your system...

Let me know if this works

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/250333-power-sleep-button-closing-panel-options-greyed-out.html
Relevancy 52.03%

From many days I have this problem of BSOD,NO new hardware installed recently,tired dusting off my CPU,refitted RAM,Hard Drive,Heat Sink Fan,PSU,but still no luck getting BSOD now on daily basis that is 2-3 times a day,Please help.

A:Frequent BSOD,while closing browser,waking from sleep,during shutdown

Max let us see what the temps are mate use Speccy and post back Speccy - Download < download from piriform.

You may try this too

SLOTCLEANING

Now as for the slotsto clean them use a strip of old credit card about 1/2 inch wide nip thecorners off one end - preferably round them offhold a piece of thin lint free clothover the end dab on some form of alcohol - iso propyl alcohol (what we swab theskin with before an injection) is good and GENTLYswipe along the slots.

This can also be donefor the GPU slot/s.
Plus a hard drive test SeaTools for Windows | Seagate

Plus even this

MEMTEST
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.htmlthis one you willneed to make a bootable disk set the BIOS to optical (or USB if preferred) bootthe machine and let it run for at LEAST 8 passes unless the errors come upstraight away. Takes fair time to complete and some leave it running overnight. But it must be for at LEAST 8 passes unless as I say the errors come straight away.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/326718-frequent-bsod-while-closing-browser-waking-sleep-during-shutdown.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have RTM x64 installed on my computer and have sleep set for 15 minutes, BUT when Windows 7 goes to sleep, it ignores the fact that there is application working and does it anyway.
This happens even when Kaspersky is doing a full scan, and also encoding video with Ripbot.
Any ideas on how to fix this.

A:Going to sleep with apps still working

You cant FIX this. It does what its made to do, Sleep fuction Suspends the execution of the current thread until the time-out interval elapses.(msdn) that means it stops the entire Apllication Runnings and goes to sleep. Just like we have a quick nap as soon as someone taps up we can getup quickly.The same idea is here too.

Used mainly for low power consumption and quick login when you dont use your machine. If you really want to Lock your computer with applications running while your out, then use the WinKEY + L to Lock the computer. It locks the computer and takes you to the Login screen where you can enter the password and log in back.

So you cant use Sleep/StandBy to make your apps run and lower the power usage together. The idea is Sleep Turns off the main power lines in most parts of your machine exept RAM so you can log back in with a click.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/23083-going-sleep-apps-still-working.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Sound levels of main driver reset on closing the lid sleep or restart Main driver Soundmax as installed via Windows Update Overlayed driver SRS Audio Sandbox Main output Line Out quot Default quot levels for Main Left Right Preferred levels Solved: levels sound driver lid restart/sleep/closing at reset Soundmax for Main Left Right Left Right settings Solved: Soundmax driver sound levels reset at restart/sleep/closing lid available in additional settings for balance per channel Left Right was once chosen to compensate for slightly broken headphone At preferred levels using the volume buttons to alter levels processed Solved: Soundmax driver sound levels reset at restart/sleep/closing lid with SRS Audio Sandbox provide a tolerable maximum level is good is way to loud Clearly something causes the settings to reset to the wrong quot Default levels quot Code Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard E KBC Version CE CVX Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Code Laptop HP EliteBook p Pre-installed OS Vista Currently installed x Vista Driver Soundmax original Never used Vista unknown if issue exists in Vista Driver Soundmax via Windows Update Has issue Currently in use Driver Soundmax original Has issue Overlay Driver Application SRS Audio Sandbox x Has no effect on issue is not cause of issue Soundmax original has custom options panel in Control Panel does not provide sound level options unknown if case in Vista in this custom panel Whether Soundmax or SRS Audio Sandbox is the default device or default communications device or both the problem persists When sound levels of Soundmax are high adjusting the volume via main volume buttons provides a too high maximum volume and too big increases of volume per step This and resetting the left-right balance is the reason for adjusting the Soundmax levels from to The volume buttons control the volume as processed by SRS Audio Sandbox Thus the Soundmax volume acts as a Master volume I can alter the maximum level and relative levels for left and right via the Control Panel gt Hardware and Sound gt Sound panel clicking the Soundmax driver clicking properties and altering the settings in the levels tab The problem occurs when I close the lid set the laptop to sleep or restart it The soundmax levels reset to the quot Default quot levels only to blow my ears to destruction once again Does anyone know the answer to this issue I Google d for this issue and while I got similar issues with sound none shared enough similarity to provide an answer Thanks in advance UPDATE Closing the lid doesn t always seem to start the issue Maybe something else is going on nbsp

A:Solved: Soundmax driver sound levels reset at restart/sleep/closing lid

Fix: It seems Skype was causing the issue. An update apparently reset some settings, which caused Skype to automatically adjust sound levels. Switching this option of in Skype provided me with a few hours and a sleep-awake scene without the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-soundmax-driver-sound-levels-reset-at-restart-sleep-closing-lid.1003580/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all, hope this is in the correct forum but mods please feel free to move if not.

I've just been given a new Lenovo Yoga 2 by my work and it's running Windows 8.1 Pro.

However, I've lost work several times now as every time it goes to sleep, when it wakes up all of the apps have closed as if it shut down (the sleep light is blinking when it is asleep)! Is this normal for Windows 8 as I've never used it before and it certainly didn't do this in Windows 7?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56513-all-apps-closed-when-awakening-sleep-windows-8-1-pro.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I know this is not really a crash but wasn't sure where else to put it I have now been running Windows for about months and am loving it However there on Dual swapped up mode around sleep from waking Apps monitors when is one small issue that is starting Apps on Dual monitors swapped around when waking up from sleep mode to drive me NUTS Every now and again after recovering from sleep mode the apps on my dual screens get swapped around In other words say I've got Outlook maximized on screen left hand side Apps on Dual monitors swapped around when waking up from sleep mode and Skype is running on screen right hand side the machine goes into sleep mode and upon waking up outlook will be maximized on screen right and Skype will be open on screen left Primary and secondary setting is unaffected Only the applications get moved Also it does not happen every time To fix i simply drag the apps back to the opposite screen Apps on Dual monitors swapped around when waking up from sleep mode and maximize again I dearly hope someone can solve this for me as I have spent endless time trying to figure it out

A:Apps on Dual monitors swapped around when waking up from sleep mode

Welcome to Seven Forums TeachersPet. How are you setting up the dual monitors? Through Windows, or with your video cards control panel? Do the apps open on the correct monitor, or do they open on the primary and you switch them to the secondary monitor, etc.? Have you tried closing the program on the monitor you want it to stay on, and then opening it to see if it opens on the same monitor, or switches to the other?

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/94897-apps-dual-monitors-swapped-around-when-waking-up-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently switched to a dual monitor set up using my LapTop/Docking Station and 2 Monitors. (I added a second monitor to my Docking Station and closed the Laptop Screen.)

I previously used a Monitor and my Laptop Screen. (The Monitor was set as Primary, and the Laptop screen as Secondary. The Monitor was set to the Sub-D on the Docking Station.)

When I had the Monitor/Laptop setup -all open applications and desktop icons stayed in place. With the two monitor set up, the applications open on my Secondary Monitor move to the Primary after Waking Up, and the Desktop icons on my Primary shift around. (I have to drag everything back...)

This is annoying, please assist...

Dell Laptop (Latitiude, 32OS Intel Core i5 2540M CPU)
Viewsonic VX2240w (Primary Monitor) VDI
Dell E1911 (Secondary Monitor) Sub-D

Thanks for the Support

A:Dual Monitor issue after Sleep, Secondary Screen Apps move to Primary

Have you tried disabling the laptop monitor entirely? Also, try setting your icons up as you prefer, then doing a full reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/312390-dual-monitor-issue-after-sleep-secondary-screen-apps-move-primary.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Whenever my computer recovers from sleep mode, or when the screensaver comes on and I wake it up, I find that all my apps are now on my main monitor.

Example: Google Chrome and Skype on Monitor 1.
Microsoft Word and MSI Afterburner on Monitor 2.

-computer sleeps/ screen saver turns on-
-I wake the computer up-

Google Chrome, Skype, Microsoft Word, and MSI Afterburner are on Monitor 1.
Nothing on Monitor 2.

Is it possible to fix this?

Specs
Using DisplayFusion Pro v5.0.1 to extend my taskbar to the second monitor.

GPU: r9 290
CPU: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz
Mobo: ASUS z87 sabertooth TUF series
PSU: Corsair TX-CMPSU 650W

A:After dual monitor sleep recovery, all apps shift to one monitor

I've had dual monitors for years now and have never had this problem. But I also have no screen saver.

If you put your system to sleep why would you want a screen saver? All that does is keep the system active and running - which is the opposite of what sleep does.

Remove the scree saver and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/365471-after-dual-monitor-sleep-recovery-all-apps-shift-one-monitor.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone I'm having the issue noted above BSODs attribute the crash to either one of two files cdd dll most commonly and win k sys only once Screen turns jagged goes black and then BSOD but only when closing of Warcraft, World Chrome BSOD resizing/closing also when occasionally I've had this crashes happen to me only times in a whole week already World of BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome Warcraft crashes were all succesive BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome but after updating Catalyst drivers it never happened again PC was crash-free for or days thought it may have solved the issue and I could stop worrying about faulty hardware components but yesterday night closing Chrome it happened again I turned off Aero desktop after that just in case The problem is I can't find any Memory dump or minidump for those BSODs even though settings are on for that maybe MEMORY DMP is too large I have free Gb out of on my boot drive I changed it to minidumps just in case Oh also it was already set to overwrite so no idea what's going on Could not find them manually nor could SF Diagnostics tools which I just ran My rig is new only about months old and no hardware changes since The only components coming from my older PC are the boot HDD and graphics card The only thing that's happened is or power outages in December but BSODs started only last week If any hardware components are malfunctioning they are luckily under warranty but I need to determine if that's the case Only other strange thing is that when gathering my rig's data for this post Everest shows my Motherboard as quot Unknown quot I'll double check I installed all drivers Thanks in advance btw great tool that SF Diagnostics I'm no computer wizard but it's quite useful even for an amateur like me

A:BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome

Hi Haxiel.

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup tool before you upload another zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320966-bsod-when-resizing-closing-world-warcraft-also-when-closing-chrome.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Since a few weeks ago after I installed Windows 7 x64 I keep on getting random BSOD but not frequently (number of 3). First one I really didnt paid attention how it happen but the second one was after exiting a game of Counter Strike Global Offensive and entering teamspeak to talk after a few seconds BSOD. The last one i got i searched on the web how to find the error and i manage to get the file and the error state.

The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xfffff900c5844cf0, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff9600031c69d, 0x0000000000000000).

A:BSOD at random times when closing pc or closing browser/applications

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347362-bsod-random-times-when-closing-pc-closing-browser-applications.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Firefox Closing Ie7 Winfixer Ads And Non Startup Etc Stop Slow And Closing MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes F windows System Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc smss exeF windows system winlogon exeF windows system services exeF windows system lsass exeF windows system svchost exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeF windows Explorer EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeF windows Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc system spoolsv exeF Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEF windows system nvsvc exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEF windows system ctfmon exeC MiRCfullPro mirc exeF Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeF Program Files iTunes iTunes exeF Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeF Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeF Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeF DOCUME Ahmed LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - f program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ccApp quot F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - Startup Norton Disk Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NDD EXEO - Startup Shortcut to NMain lnk F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exeO - Global Startup Norton GoBack lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeO - Global Startup Norton System Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xportar para o Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - Trusted Zone http loginnet passport comO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - F windows system WPDShServiceObj dllO - Service Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - F Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exeO - Service Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - F Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeO - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - F Program Fil... Read more

A:Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc

well my problem started 2 nights ago when i was browsin the web then i gotten a popup from winantivirus PRO 2006 aking to install and stuff since then my internet explorer has had problems from closing BSOD's winlogon.exe crashing most stuff will not close such as ctfmon.exe in task man and IE7 closes everytime a popup happens abnd the same pop up comes up non stop closing IE7 fyi this is my dads pc and he will murder me i i dont get this fixed ive used 2 anti viruse scanners Kaspersky and norton both cant find the problem norton finds a downloader virus and a .cab file of the installer for winantivirus and .tmp files in the windows/temp folder
so please help me fix this
ty

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65736/winfixer-ads-non-stop-ie7-closing-and-firefox-closing-slow-startup-and-etc/
Relevancy 43%

Hello And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum My name is Elise and I ll be glad to help you with your computer problems I will be working on your malware issues this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine Please note that whatever repairs we make are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer The cleaning process is not instant Logs can take some time to research so please be patient with me I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible and I will work hard to help see that happen Please reply using the Add Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen Do not start a new topic The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post Unfortunately if I do not hear back Outlook browser, closing, IE Yahoo Slow and closing from you within days I will be forced to close your topic If you still need help after I have closed your topic send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing feel free to create a new one You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites Alternatively you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing this Topic where you can choose email notifications The topics you are tracking are shown here -----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having we would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine If you have not done so include a clear description of the problems you re having along with any steps you may have performed so far If you have already posted a log please do so again as your situation may have changed Use the Add Reply and add the new log to this thread We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine Please perform the following scan Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links Save it to your desktop DDS scrDDS pifDouble click on the DDS icon allow it to run A small box will open with an explaination about the tool No input is needed the scan is running Notepad will open with the results Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results Close the program window and delete the program from your desktop Please note You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run After downloading the tool disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection Run the scan enable your A V and reconnect to the internet Information on A V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log don t forget attach txt Thanks and again sorry for the delay

A:Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing

Hi Elise,
thank you. I ended up getting rid of PC Tools Internet Security and switching to AVG Basic Free. I think most of the major problems went away.
Yahoo has stayed up, Outlook has stayed up, browser seems to work quickly, facebook didn't have floating text and pictures anymore, was able to do some posting, sent some large emails. But, and not exactly sure, IE has frozen up, but not as often. The dds program you had me run this morning froze and I had to do a hard shut off, task mgr didn't respond and the weirdest thing of all, the clock stopped. Can't say I have ever seen that. So I am not sure what exactly is going on, if it really is malware or some setting is messed up. I wasn't able to run video on a site last night. Major improvement since I got rid of PC tools, but not quite right. Sorry, nontechie.

DDS (Ver_2011-06-12.02) - NTFSx86
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7601.17514 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_26
Run by Jean at 11:53:53 on 2011-06-23
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.3062.2037 [GMT -6:00]
AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {5A2746B1-DEE9-F85A-FBCD-ADB11639C5F0}
SP: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {E146A755-F8D3-F7D4-C17D-96C36DBE8F4D}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgchsvx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgrsx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4Qlb.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Kodak\AiO\Center\ekdiscovery.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\1.3.21.57\GoogleCrashHandler.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\QPCapSvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\EKIJ5000MUI.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\Syn... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403841/slow-browser-ie-closing-outlook-and-yahoo-closing/
Relevancy 42.14%

About weeks ago it was apparent that laptop was infected with antispyware XP My husband tried to solve it himself without waiting for me I m the problem solver in the house Anyway he purchased Shield Dekuxe which didn t seem to work He downloaded the trial version of StopZilla which found bad things and quarentined them Things were working fine Today things are not working again I can open IE and it will bring up virus, search IE closing, window closing Possible the home page google com but anything typed Possible virus, IE closing, search window closing in the search box or clicked on from the drop down list of frequently visited sites just closes IE I also cannot search The window will open but clicking on anything files folders documents etc immediately closes the window I also cannot find Windows Explorer Shield Deluxe is currently installed StopZilla is uninstalled We have Zone Alarm installed possibly I was doing online chat with Shield Deluxe to get it to work the internet aspect and they said to uninstall ZA as it would interfere with SD I removed ZA using add remove programs from the control panel yet when I restarted the computer ZA started up It is no longer listed in the add remove programs list However viewing All Programs from the start menu shows a folder for Zone Labs Since I can t find Windows Explorer and I can t search I can t find the folder to delete its contents Laptop is a Compaq Presario running Windows XP and currently cannot use the internet due to the above problem I am using laptop for the internet connection to solve these problems Thanks for any help you can offer nbsp

A:Possible virus, IE closing, search window closing

Here is my Hijack This log from yesterday:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:53:11 PM, on 11/15/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16735)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
F:\Anti Virus\HJTInstall.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo!
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = ;127.0.0.1
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - rsion - (no file)
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AllDial High Speed - {8B79EE88-E62D-4AA8-B530-CC357BA112B7} - C:\Program Files\AllDial High Speed\Toolband.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [[system]] C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\services.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [brastk] C:\WINDOWS\system32\brastk.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [[system]] C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\services.exe (User 'Default user')
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\prog... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-virus-ie-closing-search-window-closing.769451/
Relevancy 42.14%

I need some help , sometimes when i try close the PC my screen gets error and it doesn't shut down, and when i start or close some games it gets me the BSOD error saying that there is a problem with cdd.dll Adress 972CB768 base at 872C0000 date stamp 4a5bd922

A:BSOD while closing the PC or closing some games, CDD.dll error

Quote: Originally Posted by leinchetzu

I need some help , sometimes when i try close the PC my screen gets error and it doesn't shut down, and when i start or close some games it gets me the BSOD error saying that there is a problem with cdd.dll Adress 972CB768 base at 872C0000 date stamp 4a5bd922

Obvious to anyone. You have three malware apps running live at the same time. You have Avast, Kaspersky, and AVG.

You need to remove them all and install Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST.

If you continue to crash even after removing them upload the DMP file as you have old drivers that need updating.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200675-bsod-while-closing-pc-closing-some-games-cdd-dll-error.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am using Windows XP Professional Version 2002. When I close an open document in Word, it closes the whole program. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thank you.

Relevancy 39.56%

Newly installed apps. ot appearing in program menu unable to pin apps to start menu.

This happened to me previously and I could find no solution....I eventually created a new admin profile, where newly installed apps appeared in the program menu and I could pin apps tomthe start menu feom a desktopmshortxut etc.

I copied over my video docs pictures and music folders to the new profile. Now a few months later the same thing is happening again. I have created a new admin profile and it all,works fine there. I have searched on the internet and others have the same issue, but of course anything you search for always finds someone else with the same issue...

Hopefully someone can help me with this very annoying problem

A:Newly installed apps. ot appearing in program menu unable to pin apps

UPDATE
actually resolved the issue....I turned on windows update and did a massive update, the start menu looks a little different, maybe a different font, pinned items can only be mace smaller or bigger, used to be an option for long ( didnt use this anyway ) but new apps now showing and pin to start menu works.....so MS fixed it, there is some advantage to updating, have backed up with true image and turned off updating, will back up again before updating next time......the update didnt like GPU-Z and temoved it plus a few other apps and turned defender back on i think.......shutup-10 sorted all this out.....

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/33888-newly-installed-apps-ot-appearing-program-menu-unable-pin-apps.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi As the post title suggests I am having trouble with the modern apps and connectivity It feels like half my computer will connect to the internet and the other half won't Desktop apps like Chrome Steam Outlook iTunes etc all work connecting desktop apps apps Modern not fine. to internet, connect to the internet fine but any of the Windows apps like Xbox Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine. Store and most frustratingly Settings will not connect In my Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine. network Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine. and sharing centre in the control panel it says 'You are not connected to any networks' - but in the system tray and in the settings app it shows me as connected to my home wi-fi I am on a desktop and using a USB wireless adapter I don't think the adapter is the problem as I have tried it on another desktop in our house on Windows and it worked fine Curiously also when I click 'Adapter settings' in the control panel it shows the wifi connection I've tried updating the drivers for the wireless adapter both through the Windows update and adapter website but to no avail and as I mentioned it seems the adapter works fine elsewhere I've updated manually to the latest Windows Pro build i've done a DNS flush I've tried disabling firewalls and anti-virus I've tried disabling startup apps I've done a clean install of Windows and still am unable to fix the issue If anyone has any ideas that might help that would be great I'm happy to provide any more information if people need it Thanks very much

A:Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine.

Is your DNS client service running on your system .

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.In the list of services, click DNS Client.Make sure that the Status column displays Started and that the Startup Type column displays Automatic.If the service is not set to Started or if the startup type for the DNS Client service is not set to Automatic, follow these steps:
Right-click DNS Client, and then click Properties.In the DNS Client Properties dialog box, click the General tab, and then click Automatic in the Startup type list.Click Start, click Apply, and then click OK.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36508-modern-apps-not-connecting-internet-desktop-apps-work-fine.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I was given a Windows 8.1 tablet that once had a detachable keyboard which the guy lost. he reset the whole computer and after I got my information on it instead. After the reset, Windows was no longer activated and I had to reactivate it. which neither of us knows why, it was activated before we did a data factory reset. after I created my user, I installed a bunch of exes. now I go to try to see if I could test out the Windows Store to search for apps. but I search "Windows Store" or "app store" and several other things that may bring it up, but it always says, "no apps match your search" like if the Windows store is missing or somehow magically removed with the reset process. How do I get it back?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588050/unable-to-get-apps-windows-store-no-apps-match-your-search/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I ve been struggling with this problem Internet firefox apps, and for works 3rd IE OS Solved: NOT for or apps party for a few days now The problem is that I do NOT have internet access for firefox chrome dropbox etc but i DO have internet access for IE and certain OS apps like Network Troubleshooter I ve read and tried most of the typical solutions with no avail What I ve Tried Safemode with Networking - same situation I can use IE but not Firefox Chrome etc Reseting Winsock netsh winsock reset etc - didn t work possibly just made matters worse Flushing DNS ipconfig flushdns etc I do NOT have a special proxy and neither firefox nor chrome nor IE are trying to use one I have Solved: Internet works for IE and OS apps, NOT for firefox or 3rd party apps added exceptions in Windows Firewall then just straight up disabled the firewall I have Avira antivirus but it does not contain any firewall features and no place that I can see to add any such exception LSP-Fix exe I tried to fix the LSP registery it found problem from leftover Bonjour dll and I ve repaired it but its changed nothing I ran quick-scan on malwarebytes - found nothing I ran checkdisk and found no errors I have no system restore point Also with firefox I hve tried it in safe-mode and created a new profile but that hasn t changed anything When I try to make a connection with firebug open it says the request was quot aborted quot Because native Microsoft software IE OS software has no problem connecting to the internet I m just trying to figure out what bridge was burned between firefox chrome and the working internet connection It must be at a decently quot low level quot because safe-mode doesn t correct the problem Does anyone hve any new suggestions Or perhaps I am overlooking something obvious with the things I have already tried Thank you so much in advance I really really don t want to have to reformat - I m in law school and don t have the extra time right now HJT Ping IPCONFIG files attached nbsp

A:Solved: Internet works for IE and OS apps, NOT for firefox or 3rd party apps

Ok, so literally nothing was working - I did a "Repair Install" using my windows 7 cd. It took 2 hours, but when it finished up all of my networking was working So, for those of you who are having similar issues, as a last resort I'd give that a shot. Definitely read a few articles about what is required to successfully perform a Repair Install, as you don't want anything going wrong during that process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-works-for-ie-and-os-apps-not-for-firefox-or-3rd-party-apps.1042498/
Relevancy 39.13%

I am planning to leave my laptop on overnight with Ac power on..will it damage the battery?

A:overnight

It's fine if you leave it on all day and night.
Poor ventilation would be bad whether you were there on it or it was just on and idle on its own, but the battery will degrade with time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/114759-overnight.html
Relevancy 39.13%

OK i'd Sync, Admin etc??? Be Able As d/l Metro AND To apps, Store Apps Use like to make it clear that i'm using the so-called quot real quot Administrator account that is hidden but can be activated not a regular account with admin privelidges At first i was trying to figure out if Metro apps can be used by this account and it appeared that they cant but managed to find a Use Metro Apps As Admin AND Be Able To Sync, d/l Store apps, etc??? trick to enable it i did it by making sure UAC is on making sure that FilterAdministratorToken is set to a Use Metro Apps As Admin AND Be Able To Sync, d/l Store apps, etc??? value of in the Registry and by enabling quot User Account Control Admin approval mode for the built-in Administrator account quot secpol msc Local Security Policy gt Local Policies gt Security Options So i did a bit more research and toying around only to discover that although i might have found a workaround for running most Metro apps in general i discovered that syncing d l'ing of apps from the Windows Store etc is not possible unless you're using a Microsoft account Please note that any other account with admin privelidges can use the apps without a hitch as well as any Standard account So it clearly is not a limitation of just having an admin account alone Also the built-in Admin is the only kind of account that cant be converted from a local account to a MS Account all other accounts with admin privelidges can do so If you look in the Control Panel and try to make changes to the account you will find that the option isnt available whereas with other accounts it is This brings about the issue of not being able to sync or d l Store apps also note that there is a difference between logging into Windows with a MS Account and simply accessing the apps while using a local account and then manually inputting your MS Account username password when requested By signing in with a MS Account no Metro app will ever prompt you to login after youve done so initially the first time since it remembers your details unless you've reset your password or account security has been compromised etc Judging from what i've read my workaround enables most Metro apps to function except syncing d l'ing of Store apps and perhaps a few other small things issues and so therefore this is not a true solution since other accounts have none of these issues Since the option to convert the real Admin account to a MS Account is not available yet is available to other accounts with admin access as well as Standard accounts then i supposedly cannot use these functions to the fullest extent I am the type of person who prefers to use Windows Linux while logged in as root Admin rather than a limited user all day every day because i trust myself and my abilities am very careful meticulously maintain my systems with the utmost care and caution i do understand that using Admin is considered to be a security risk but it's a risk i'm willing to take and i dont mind learning from my mistakes in the event that bad things happen i do not care to be told by Microsoft how to run my system what i can do on them etc Complete and absolute control is what i demand at least to the greatest extent possible considering that Windows is proprietary and closed-source yet i depend on it for many things like running a business gaming etc I didnt post this to rant or spout my opinions but to solicit feedback on how this issue s can be overcome or worked around without having to use a nd account to get the full features of Metro apps I'm also wondering if there is possibly a way official unofficial or otherwise of being able to run a Metro app as another user account whether local or MS Account doesnt really matter i think while still remaining on the Metro screen of the real Admin account without having to manually log into my nd account and access Metro from there By perhaps using a quot Run As quot command link shortcut or similar Maybe that sounded a bit long-winded and confu... Read more

A:Use Metro Apps As Admin AND Be Able To Sync, d/l Store apps, etc???

Hello Stephen, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Setting that security policy below to be enabled will basically just turn the built-in elevated "Administrator" account into an unelevated administator account that requires UAC approval to open or run anything that requires elevated rights to do so.

This would be why you are able to open the Store afterwards, but you would still need to sign into the Store with any Microsoft account to be able to install any "Metro" Store apps.
Windows Store - Sign in with Different Microsoft Account in Windows 8

You still will not be able to switch the built-in "Administrator" to be a Microsoft account. It can only remain as a local account.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/10356-use-metro-apps-admin-able-sync-d-l-store-apps-etc.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Ok so I am trying to figure this out. We have the store disabled through group policy, but would like to give access or deploy a store app to a certain set of users. Is there a way to do this through group policy or just by doing a few steps? Ive been searching around but I cant find anything. Any help would be great, thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/49115-deploying-apps-installing-apps-when-store-disabled.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Having lots of problems after Anniversary Update...can someone help with these two following issues as listed in attached pdf:

Required applications are not installed correctly.

Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost
Microsoft.Windows.Cortana

Thanks...TiminAz

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/68064-problem-apps-how-reinstall-these-two-apps-win-10-anniversary-vers.html
Relevancy 39.13%
A:My windows store apps cannot update and i cannot install new apps also

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question error 0x87AF0001 this seems to be a new error, I haven't seen it before
As a standard suggestion - try restarting your device, checking your internet connection, checking time and region settings, checking if your microsoft account is syncing properly or not
What device is this? A pc or mobile?
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441352-my-windows-store-apps-cannot-update-i-cannot-install-new-apps-also.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi
i do prefer a local account
but when i try to install new apps from app store
w8.1 asks me to switch to a microsoft account

can i install apps with a local account?
and how can i understand if i have a local account or microsoft account

thanks

A:can i install apps from apps store with a local account?

See the screenshot below for selection you have to make for not to convert your local account to a Microsoft Account:

Windows Store - Sign in with Different Microsoft Account in Windows 8

Screenshot from tutorial Skype App - Use with Local Account in Windows 8.

You of course need an email address (Microsoft Account) but it will only be used for the app in question (Windows Store is also just an app), so in the next dialog either give an existing Microsoft Account credentials or select Sign up for a Microsoft account to create a new one to be used with Store app:

Your Windows sign in account will remain local, it will not be converted to a Microsoft Account.

Kari

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/48228-can-i-install-apps-apps-store-local-account.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi Everyone I'm superlulu from France sorry my English I'm installing Windows on new computer for my organization I try to configurate one with fresh install package of apps like Libreoffice VLC etc for users and custom desktop describes in this crash apps Sysprep and and apps default windows tutorial Default User Profile - Customize in Windows - Windows Forums It works fine in audit mode I install apps drivers custom desktop Sysprep and default apps and windows apps crash and configure default apps like google chrome for internet browser adobe reader for pdf files etc then I run the command line to enter oobe mode generalize Everything is ok I continue my install Then I create new user local account And when windows starts I have my custom desktop but default apps are removed Microsoft Edge replace Chrome Pdf files are read with Edge etc and Apps Windows like quot Weather quot or quot Actualities quot crash I really don't understand what happened i try many times for same issue Does anyone have an idea Thanks a lot

A:Sysprep and default apps and windows apps crash

then I run the command line to enter oobe mode generalize. Everything is ok, I continue my install. Then I create new user local account. And when windows starts, I have my custom desktop but default apps are removed (Microsoft Edge replace Chrome, Pdf files are read with Edge, etc.)

I never tried sysprepping 10 but i have faced similar issues with 8.1. Turned out that you need to save the default app associations to an XML file using DISM (before Generalizing the image ) and later import it.

Export or Import Default Application Associations

Configure, export, import App File Associations in Windows 8.1

I have used "Setupcomplete.cmd" to auto import the app associations during the last face of install.

Add a Custom Script to Windows Setup
You may also need to disable the new app notification before generalizing the image.

New App Installed Notification - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/17255-sysprep-default-apps-windows-apps-crash.html
Relevancy 39.13%

PC Cleaning Apps are a Scam Here s Why and How to Speed Up Your PC nbsp nbsp PC cleaning apps are digital snake oil The web is full PC apps: Why truth Scam Apps Here?s Cleaning The behind (and... of ads for applications that want to clean your PC and make it feel like new Don t pull out your credit card these apps are terrible and you don t need them If you do want to clean your PC you can do it for free Windows includes built-in PC cleaning tools The truth behind PC Cleaning apps: Scam Apps Here?s Why (and... that can do almost all of what the average PC cleaning app will do for you nbsp Let s Investigate a PC Cleaning App nbsp So what do these apps do anyway To investigate we ran MyCleanPC don t try this at home we installed this bad software so you don t have to MyCleanPC is one of the most prominent PC cleaning apps it even advertises itself with television The truth behind PC Cleaning apps: Scam Apps Here?s Why (and... commercials First let s look at its Frequently Asked Questions to see what it promises The full paid version of the MyCleanPC software will attempt to remove issues found with your PC s registry and hard drive including removal of junk files unneeded registry entries Internet browsing traces and fragmented portions of your hard drive We re already on thin ice here Windows can remove junk files clear Internet browsing traces and defragment your hard drive without installing additional software MyCleanPC offers a free diagnosis which is little more than an attempt to scare people into thinking their computers have thousands of issues that can be fixed for an easy payment After running a scan you ll see an alarming count of the number of problems on your computer It found issues on our computer That s an extremely alarming number but what exactly is an issue Every browser cookie and history entry counts as a single issue Every temporary file counts as a single issue no matter how tiny it is Invalid registry entries are considered issues although they shouldn t actually slow down your computer Our registry can be compacted a bit but this shouldn t make a noticeable different in performanceEvery fragmented file counts as a single issue MyCleanPC is measuring fragmentation based on the number of fragmented files leading to a scary-looking data fragmentation statistic For comparison the Windows Disk Defragmenter tells us we have fragmentation nbsp Now that they ve scared you this is the part where you would take out your credit card and give them to clean your PC Don t Believe the HypeTemporary files are not slowing down your computer and neither are browser history entries or cookies Registry entries are generally not a problem there s a reason Microsoft once created a registry cleaner of their own before discontinuing it and advising people not to use registry cleaners Yes your computer can be slow because its file system is fragmented You can fix this by running the Disk Defragmenter tool included with Windows the Disk Defragmenter runs automatically on a schedule anyway Most people shouldn t have to worry about defragmenting their hard drives anymore nbsp nbsp How to Actually Clean Your PCLet s say you want to clean your PC just like a PC cleaner would Here s what you can do Run the Disk Cleanup tool included with Windows It s focused on freeing up space on your hard drive but it will also delete old temporary files and other useless things Just tap the Windows key type Disk Cleanup and press Enter to launch it You can even schedule a Disk Cleanup to clean your computer automatically Clear your browser history or even better set your browser to automatically clear its history when you close it if you don t want to store a history Run the Disk Defragmenter included with Windows This isn t necessary if you use a solid-state drive Don t bother with a registry cleaner If you must use the free CCleaner which has the best-tested registry cleaner out there It will also delete temporary files for other programs ... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/The-truth-behind-PC-Cleaning-apps-Scam-Apps-Here-s-Why-and/td-p/5638965
Relevancy 39.13%

Does anyone know how to clear out deleted Windows Store apps from the computer? When you go into the Windows Store and right click and choose 'your apps' the selection 'apps not istalled on this pc' still shows apps that I have deleted. I only installed on one device (unless they auto-install to the xbox360 also?). I cannot see how to clear out previously deleted apps. See attached pic to see what I am talking about.

Thanks!

A:Clear Deleted Store Apps (ie apps not istalled on this pc)

hope its not too soon to rebump...not critical but I want to figure this out...thx!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/12520-clear-deleted-store-apps-ie-apps-not-istalled-pc.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Basic Spec
- x64
- the original installed OS on the system? - YES
- an OEM or full retail version? Full Retail? tech friend installed for me... before he went on vacation...

- What is the age of system (hardware)? - 6days
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 6days

Basically... whenever i leave the computer to standby.. it goes and bsod's on my i assume.. i wake up to it stating that a crash has occurred etc... i have not caught what it says on the BSOD... the first BSOD ever on this comp was due to Marvell drivers... which i think i fixed... more concerned with the new two... the ones on the 15th and 16th

The files are attached as requested.

A:Overnight BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by illusionxt

Basic Spec
- x64
- the original installed OS on the system? - YES
- an OEM or full retail version? Full Retail? tech friend installed for me... before he went on vacation...

- What is the age of system (hardware)? - 6days
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 6days

Basically... whenever i leave the computer to standby.. it goes and bsod's on my i assume.. i wake up to it stating that a crash has occurred etc... i have not caught what it says on the BSOD... the first BSOD ever on this comp was due to Marvell drivers... which i think i fixed... more concerned with the new two... the ones on the 15th and 16th

The files are attached as requested.

These were Related to mv91xx.sys magni Windows Driver from Marvell Semiconductor, Inc.
I would re-install newest version available.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/208775-overnight-bsod.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Machine is a Dell precision T The system hangs while unattended It always hangs if left overnight It sometimes hangs if left for shorter overnight hangs periods like over lunch I ran sfc exe which found some corrupted files but this did not fix the problem I have run the machine in safemode for over a week with no hangs I run memtest for cycles with no errors I tried running a registry cleaner This did not fix the hang proble jcgriff zip file is attached I was not able to get the perfmon file When i run perfmon report the window opens and it keeps saying collecting data It never finishes and creats the report Any help would be appreciated - x -bit or x bit - the original installed OS on the system W Enterprise - an OEM or full retail version OEM - OEM came pre-installed on system - Full Retail you purchased it from retailer - What is the age of system hardware two months - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS have not reinstalled

A:hangs overnight

Hello,

I suspect this is being caused by a hardware problem; however, software is also definitely worth looking into, as the problem does not occur in Safe Mode.

I see your Broadcom Ethernet drivers are rather old:
Code:
5/28/2009 6:57:35 PM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\b57nd60a.sys
Install these updated ones: Broadcom.com - Ethernet NIC NetXtreme Server Driver Downloads

Could you run driver verifier? See this guide: Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Hopefully that will flag any bad third-party drivers, resulting in a BSOD. If that happens, upload another jcgriff2 report.

If we diagnose this as a hardware problem, Dell should be able to replace the bad part, or the whole system, as it is within the 1-year base warranty period that Dell provides.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/142536-hangs-overnight.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Good Morning All,

I often leave my computer on overnight to carry out download on uTorrent.

I close all other apps, and just leave uTorrent open.

However, I often come down in the morning to find my computer shut down, and when I boot it up it gives me the option to 'Start Windows Normally' and all that stuff.

What could be causing these errors? I checked Event Viewer and saw this:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2012-11-16T08:26:25.476408800Z

EventRecordID 60533

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Tom-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

Can anyone help my diagnose the problem?

Cheers,
Tom

A:Crashing Overnight

We will need more information than what you have posted. Try running this diagnostic tool, then upload the file to this thread so we can look at it:

SF Diagnostic Tool - Using for Troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264728-crashing-overnight.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I recently built a new machine and have been having difficulties with BSOD's overnight. They happen when I have stepped away from the computer for an extended period of time. I can stress the heck out of the system during the day and as long as the computer is active it is fine, but as soon as it has some extended idle time I will come back to a windows login screen. I have attached the BSOD info to this post. Note: I have updated my usb driver since I ran the Perfmon report. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you guys need any additional information I will be more than willing to oblige.

System Specs:
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
8GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1333Mhz
2x XFX HD6970 in Crossfire
1000w Corsair 1000hx
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (Fresh install)

A:Overnight BSOD's

Hi, j127t; and welcome to the forum. I looked at both dumps. Both are error code 3B, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, and both blame atikmdag.sys, ATI Video driver. Before working with your video card and driver. Let's eliminate anything that could be causing conflict with it. I see one obsolete driver loaded on your system. Outdated drivers can and do cause conflicts memory corruption and BSOD's. Update the following driver or upgrade the software it is associated with.

Quote:
hmonitor45.sys Sat Jul 26 09:29:37 2008 - Hardware Sensors Monitor. Hardware sensors monitor for Windows 7/Vista/XP/2008/2003.

Take care of this driver, reboot and let's see how your system does. Please let us know. If you get another BSOD, upload it and we will go from there and work with your video drivers.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (6 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c1c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e59e50
Debug session time: Thu Dec 30 01:32:42.798 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:11:55.718
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff88004adc817, fffff88007e5a900, 0}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+90817 )

---------

4: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff88004adc817, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff88007e5a900, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+90817
fffff880`04adc817 8b4820 mov ecx,dword ptr [rax+20h]

CONTEXT: fffff88007e5a900 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88007e5a900)
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=fffffa8007f96220 rcx=fffffa80086361f0
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000015 rdi=fffffa8008658010
rip=fffff88004adc817 rsp=fffff88007e5b2d0 rbp=fffffa80086361f0
r8=0000000000000015 r9=fffff88004e9e970 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff88007e5b420 r12=0000000000000000 r13=fffffa8008d5a010
r14=0000000000000001 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010246
atikmdag+0x90817:
fffff880`04adc817 8b4820 mov ecx,dword ptr [rax+20h] ds:002b:00000000`00000020=????????
Resetting default scope

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B

PROCESS_NAME: dwm.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to fffff88004adc817

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`07e5b2d0 ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/134382-overnight-bsods.html
Relevancy 38.7%

For about a week now, my computer has frozen up ovenight. I have AVG and MS Spyware Beta scheduled to run overnight, but that never seemed to cause a problem before.

There have also been a couple of freezups during the day while I was using the computer, but I can't seem to associate freezups with anything in particular that I happened to be doing.

I thought cleaning the dust out of my computer might solve a possible overheating problem, but it didn't.

When the comp freezes I hit reset and it reboots no problem.

My hd is only a few months old.

I'd appreciate anyone giving me some ideas about this one.

Relevancy 38.7%

I usually leave my PC on overnight which is when my backup systems are scheduled to run.

A friend of mine told me today that BT had told him to always switch off his PC overnight.

Is there a definitive answer on this ?

Relevancy 38.7%

ive been trying to download world of warcraft, but the computer keeps hibernating an hour or so in to the ten hour download. normally i would just stay with it, but i cant do that for ten hours.

help please!

i know nothing about computers!

A:how do i keep my computer on overnight?

Open the control panel (start menu) and go to the power settings. If you are in category view you have to go to performance and maintenance to find the power options icon. There you can turn off hibernate along with other settings.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-keep-my-computer-on-overnight-239329.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi

I'm not sure what's causing this problem but I use AVG and it is set up to run a scan at 1.00am every morning. I turn the PC monitor off when I go to bed and when I get up the scan is complete and I check the log. During the last week, when I turn the PC monitor on in the morning the PC has frozen and the clock gives a time of around 1:40 to 2:10. So the PC has frozen during the AVG Virus scan. Any Ideas?

I have a Fujiitsu Siemens PC running Windows XP Professional SP3, 1GB RAM.

I previously had a malware problem and posted in the Malware forum. That thread was closed on 20th September 2009 and I don't know whether this problem is linked - AVG has worked fine every night for about 3 weeks until this problem started

Hope someone can help
Graham Powers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266391/pc-freezes-overnight/
Relevancy 38.7%

Figured I'd start a new thread I jumped in someone else's thread that was closed and that Overnight Off Logging was probably a bad idea My stuff starts up on the last page but here's my response to the last poster trying to Overnight Logging Off help me and here is where I jumped in that other thread nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by gregrocker Go over all of your BIOS settings to see if anything looks suspicious You can also reset to defaults in case something is awry and not noticed Is there anything remaining in msconfig gt Startup and Overnight Logging Off msconfig gt Services after hiding MS Services other than your AV What is your Overnight Logging Off AV Have you had a Clean Reinstall lately Here are steps which are the same for retail to get a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows I would mark your thread Unsolved to get more help At this point I'm not going to re-install that would be maddening I wish I would have done something before Sunday I could have just restored my entire machine from backup full Norton Ghost I reserve installing for new operating systems and 'sometimes' new hardware depending on the hardware change So with that out of the way sorry only willing to go so far with this let's look at some of your other questions Well before those let's keep a few things in mind This isn't a sleep or hibernation nothing seems to be 'waking' and 'restoring where I was at' Everything that was running was shut down I don't think it's restarting While some of the events 'say' that some things have restarted there are no Event ID - entries so it's not physically restarting I do see an event ID at this morning Logoff That is followed by the even logging service shutting down and then minutes later a few other services started up Firewall Interestingly there's an ID and it says Code Windows is starting up This event is logged when LSASS EXE starts and the auditing subsystem is initialized But it didn't really restart because it would have logged a boot no Now to your questions I have a 'lot' of things running As I would expect I install lots of tools toys helpers and junk Pretty sure all of them have been running for much longer than just the past week Here's a little album of screenshots Avast is my anti-virus the free one Plus I have Spybot purchased and SUPERAntiSpyware purchased running as well as SpywareBlaster and run Malwarebytes often

A:Overnight Logging Off

There's the potential monkey! Event ID 1074 in the System log right around the time of the 'logoff' from the security log.

The process SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE has initiated the restart of computer xxxxxx on behalf of user xxxxx\xxxxxx for the following reason: Other (Unplanned)
Reason Code: 0x0
Shutdown Type: restart
Comment:

Now to go make nasties-posties in their forums!

Thanks Greg, for getting the wheels in this (sadly) older head turning a bit better!

If you happen to see this, post a reply so I can slap a 'solved' on you. Not sure if you get bonus points for that or not, but wanted to give a little back if this site works that way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/229710-overnight-logging-off.html
Relevancy 38.7%

The past few mornings when I wake up there are porn pop ups on my computer Also while using the computer windows will make the pop up noise but nothing will be htere I also notice this while playing games IVe run through spybot adaware spyware blaster a-squared anti using Pop usually not while computer the ups, overnight virus and RegClean and nothing seems to get rid of it here is my hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Creative SB Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Microsoft Pop ups, usually overnight while not using the computer Office Office EXCEL EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Darin Desktop Spyware HijackThis exe F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SB Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe r O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Plugin for pdf C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS nppdf dll O - Service Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe help

Relevancy 38.7%

Hi everyone I ve been having an issue with windows explorer for the past - weeks I don t have any issues during the day time when I m on my PC but the problem begins at night any time after AM Particularly explorer exe in my task manager would eat over MB Even though this may not seem that catastrophic in terms of severity MBs is still a lot of memory a task should use During the morning that explorer is over MB I try to open up doc files xls files ie browser windows just to see if the RAM would be freed up However explorer is consistently using over MB The only way to solve this very inefficient way is by typing ctrl-alt-del ending explorer exe and then restarting explorer by going to New task under task manager and typing explorer exe This works in 200 overnight! over uses Explorer.exe MB that explorer exe loads up again with fresh memory and stays around - MBs all day until after AM again I Explorer.exe uses over 200 MB overnight! ve tried troubleshooting in terms of viruses malware trojans and rootkits by contacting my AV tech support I m using Trend Micro Titanium and the tech support agent told me to do these tests Run Malwarebytes and do a full scan The scan came out clean Explorer.exe uses over 200 MB overnight! Run Trend Micro Housecall The scan came out clean Run Trend Micro HiJackthis and send in logs for analysis The tech agent analyzed the logs and responded within days and pointed out that there s nothing dangerous to worry about Run SIC tool Explorer.exe uses over 200 MB overnight! System Information Collector and see if there are any suspicious processes causing explorer to spike So now I m here and want to find a way to get around this Again the main issue is that every night after AM explorer exe in task manager uses over MB of memory This occurs daily when I leave the pc overnight and I found out that explorer exe uses over MB in the morning I wish there s a workaround to this problem nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

Not sure what killed it, my other server stayed running just this one went down. This server is used for a domain controller, DNS and eventually a WSUS server. I have attached the files required.

A:BSOD Overnight

No minidumps are included. Please check if your computer is configured to create them. If you are using CCleaner, please stop since it's destroying the dumps we need.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/61173-bsod-overnight.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I usually do a disc cleanup and run Mbam and SAS before shutting down for the night.

It shows higher GBs prior to shutting down than when booting up the next day.

I don't mind the loss, but what is the reason?

A:Gbs reduced overnight?

This is probably caused by the temp files being removed on shut down. Running Disc Clean up does remove temp files, but other temp files that are required by the system remain until shut down.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/362806-gbs-reduced-overnight.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I was running Windows XP and kept the system up for weeks on end. I just installed Windows 7 7600 last night and throughout the night the system will just restart. I saw some "power" labeled things in the event viewer mostly some wake on things with an "unknown" source but honestly it's not shedding much light on things. Is there anything I can do, change or install that will monitor why this happens?

A:Overnight Reboot?

have you looked in eventviewer for more information?

winkey+R
type "eventvwr"
hit enter

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/17181-overnight-reboot.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi, im having a problem i dont know how to fix and if anyone could suggestion anything would be great...

Whats happening is that, say, i want to download, usually torrents, but i usually like to leave a few queued torrents on overnight, whenever i wake up in the morning to check if my downloads have finished, i would find my downloads didnt get far at all, and the connection says limited connectivity... and when i look at my router/modem (netcomm NB5 +4) the PPP led light is off...

Its getting really frustrating, any help would be great, thanks!!

A:Overnight downloading

Sleepy Time........

Is Standby enabled on your computer? Are you using your default browser?
I run into the partial download problem when I try to use Firefox, which is not my default browser. When I use my default browser, (which is a heavily "Verizon-ized" version of IE6 (with TABBED browsing)), the downloads proceed just dandy.

As a disclaimer let me add that most of my prolonged downloading is confined to the occasional Linux distro.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overnight-downloading.86597/
Relevancy 38.7%

All right, I have been experiencing my system restarting overnight for some reason since I put in my 7850. I'm not totally sure it is the culprit but maybe certain software I have. Would HDDScan do this by any chance?

I noticed the restart because I had a Steam chat with 2 others left open which was gone when I woke up, but I have never experienced sudden restarts during heavy 3d gaming nor during the day. What gives?

Edit: I may suspect it was Windows Update so the above might not be relevant.

A:Restarts overnight?

It could be windows update.
Check the history of recently installed updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/288681-restarts-overnight.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Have the apps being developed for W10M improved in quality or features compared with the old 8.1 apps? Or have they become worse?
I remember reading that Uber in W10M is worse compared with WP8.1 but the instagram app in W10M is better
What are your thoughts? Please state which app or apps you're basing your conclusions on
Thank you

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437675-windows-phone-8-1-apps-better-new-w10m-apps.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, My name is Roy, ive searched all the other forum threads in this topic and i couldn't find what i was looking for.

Now, my problem is that my Windows 8 apps wont update and i cant install new apps. ive had this problem before, but i forgot how to solve it. I remember it had something to do with a folder not being in the C:/windows folder. I also remember it began with a "A" (Appinstaller?).

i was wondering if anyone who CAN install their apps and update them could look into their C:/Windows folder and write down a list of folders that appear starting with the letter "A".

Thanks in advanced!

Roy (emoteen134)

A:Updates to Window 8 Apps and Installation of Apps

Hello Roy, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Usually when you have issues with installing or updated apps from the Store, you would need to clear the Store cache to fix it.
Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8
If that doesn't help, then double check through the troubleshooting steps in the tutorial below to see if one may be the issue.

Apps and Tiles Not Working or Responding: Fix in Windows 8
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/30111-updates-window-8-apps-installation-apps.html
Relevancy 38.27%

can someone post a comprehensive list of apps that ship with windows 8, and a list of currently available multimedia, web browser, and utilities apps available in the windows store, along with any news and weather apps please?

trying to find a list of apps on the net is a ye olde pain in the tukous...

A:apps that ship with windows 8 and apps available in store

Originally Posted by xraiderv1

can someone post a comprehensive list of apps that ship with windows 8, and a list of currently available multimedia, web browser, and utilities apps available in the windows store, along with any news and weather apps please?

trying to find a list of apps on the net is a ye olde pain in the tukous...

That's because there are thousands of em and more are added daily. So any list would be out of date.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/13851-apps-ship-windows-8-apps-available-store.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello, and thank you for being included in the forum.
I am trying to learn Windows 8. I have weeded out a few apps from the Start screen by right clicking and then clicking Uninstall. The apps in question disappeared from the Start screen, however, they remain in the apps folder. How do I complete a total uninstall?
Regards,
Knudane.

A:Apps remain in the apps folder after uninstall

I'm having this issue too, how do I remove these apps?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/14730-apps-remain-apps-folder-after-uninstall.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello all,

I am new here, although I did come here quite a few times and many times found the solution :-)

My problem is (I am on 1511) that some icons of removed (by powershell) apps reapeared, and there seem to be no way to get rid of them. Nothing I have found had worked (like going to start menu folder and deleting the shorcuts).

Namely it's MicrosoftWindowsAlarms, MicrosoftZuneMusic, MicrosoftWindowsPhotos, and in Apps the name looks like this: @{Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_10.1607.1991.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwems-resource--Microsoft.WindowsAlarms-Resources-AppName-Text}

Moreover, few days ago some "new" apps have materialized - that was a shock........no update, nothing, out of blue I had about 10 unwanted apps in my all apps...............crazy.

Any thoughts?

P.S. Normally I deffer updates by turning the service off and/or metered connection. Now I have left it on by mistake...........still should not install against my will some unwanted apps..........and as I said, no update.....

A:Icons of uninstalled apps showing in All apps

Those left-over icons may be a result of deleting programs instead of using Control Panel, Programs and Features to uninstall the programs. When a program is installed the install routine puts the program files in either C:\Program Files [32-bit] or C:\Program Files for 64-bit or C:\Program Files (x86) for 32-bit depending upon which version of the OS is in use. It will also create the icons, write support files to C:\Windows or other Folders and create Registry entries so Windows knows how to run the program. The uninstall routine is supposed to get rid of everything associated, don't know if PowerShell can do it as cleanly.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/65306-icons-uninstalled-apps-showing-all-apps.html
Relevancy 38.27%

So I just found out that i can't pin left in the start menu anymore.

Now that i'm done complaining. How do i organize my "All Apps" Menu.

Calculator, Contact, Mail, Cortana, etc ALL of this garbage bloatware is something i just want to create a folder called Microsoft Bloat and put it in there. How do i do this?

First time around, i uninstalled all of it using power shell but i ended up needing the store and one other app but W10 went retarded and didn't allow me to reinstall the packages, so this time around. I just want to organize them into a folder that i will never touch

I really hope someone can help me do this, i don't feel like downgrading back to 8.1 which as it stands right now was better for me when using Start8.

A:Hide/Organize Universal Apps in All Apps

RE : So I just found out that i can't pin left in the start menu anymore

What do you mean by " pin left" ? Would you please explain ?

RE : Calculator, Contact, Mail, Cortana, etc ALL of this garbage bloatware is something i just want to create a folder called Microsoft Bloat and put it in there. How do i do this?

I don't believe you can do that. The apps are being organized in alphabetical order and I don't think you can take some of them out and put into a folder.

RE : First time around, i uninstalled all of it using power shell

You don't have to uninstall all of them.
Here is a tutorial where you can pick and choose what to uninstall.
Apps - Uninstall in Windows 10

Have a look at Option Two and Three.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41505-hide-organize-universal-apps-all-apps.html