Windows Support Forum

Memory card is not getting detected in laptop

Q: Memory card is not getting detected in laptop

My samsung 16GB memory card is not getting detected in my laptop.
Even if I connect through my phone data card it's not detected. But it is working properly in my phone. I have been using it for 2 years.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Memory card is not getting detected in laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Memory card is not getting detected in laptop

MerissaWalker said:

Have you tried it on other computers?Click to expand...

yes, even then it is not getting detected

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-card-is-not-getting-detected-in-laptop.210753/
Relevancy 63.64%

i 'm using this memory card since 4 years ago but now suddenly its crashed when i copying files phone to pc.
memory card is not detecting on phone too
is memory card crashed or waste? help !! i need to use it :'(
i tried memory card reader ... here this screen shot below

A:Why my memory card is not detected?

They fail just like anything else electronic. Other than carefully cleaning the contacts there isn't much you can do. What does disk management show for that card?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/47430-why-my-memory-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey, I have a friend that got a new 1 gig of memory and he installed it fine but when we go and open up the system properties (right click on Computer and selected Properties) it still shows as 2 gb instead of 3. Anyone know whats up?

Thanks ahead of time,
~curt

A:New Laptop memory not detected by windows

Quote: Originally Posted by curtranhome

Hey, I have a friend that got a new 1 gig of memory and he installed it fine but when we go and open up the system properties (right click on Computer and selected Properties) it still shows as 2 gb instead of 3. Anyone know whats up?

Thanks ahead of time,
~curt

type msconfig in search/

Go to the advanced tab. Is "max memory" checked? if so uncheck it. Reboot

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/146875-new-laptop-memory-not-detected-windows.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Okay I did something really stupid It was late I was Memory on laptop A215-S7416 MicroSD the Express stuck Satellite slot Card Card my in in the dark and I wasn t paying attention obviously so here s what happened I had a SanDisk GB Micro SD Memory Card that I was using in my cell phone I wanted to transfer some pics amp photos from my computer to the phone so I decided to stick it in the Express Card slot of my laptop Simple enough right Well being the incredibly smart person that I am I put the micro memory card in the adapter but it was the wrong one So my computer pretty much swallowed it whole I can t MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop get it back out Now I can t use the Express Card slot in my computer AT ALL because the old one MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop is still stuck in there You can t really see it but if you try to put another adapter in there it won t quot click quot It won t go all the way because the old one I lost is still in there waiting to be rescued haha So my question is How do I get the memory card out of my computer I tried taking it apart but I couldn t get the part of where the express card slot is so that was no good There s a way to do this I know I m just not smart enough to figure it out on my own Which is probably a good thing because I might mess it up again lol I have a Toshiba Satellite A -S laptop Any help is appreciated Thanks -Ashley nbsp

A:MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsd-memory-card-stuck-in-the-express-card-slot-on-my-satellite-a215-s7416-laptop.795517/
Relevancy 58.05%

It is a Medion laptop about 4 years old with XP Home SP2

Can't connect via Wireless, even though the drivers are installed for the card in Device Manager and the icon says "One or more Wireless networks are detected - click this ballon to connect"

Windows is being used as the Wireless Utility and no wireless networks are listed, even though other laptops can detect them

Ipconfig says Media Disconnected about the Wireless Card in command prompt

The wireless light is switched on by pressing Fn and F1

Thanks

Relevancy 58.05%

I recently installed XP on my HP laptop after I got tired of Vista. Everything seems to be working fine, except that I can't find the appropriate sound drivers because there is no sound card detected on the laptop. When I run dxdiag, it tells me to download the appropriate drivers, but I downloaded all the drivers on HP's website for my model of laptop (HP Pavillion 9640US) and I still don't have sound. I also don't even know what drivers I even need. Is there a way to find this out?

A:No sound card detected on laptop

The audio drivers for your model on HP support are Vista only!

Try these.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-card-detected-on-laptop.714595/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a Toshiba Satellite a135-s4527. It has a Realtek 10/100 ethernet card in it, and an Atheros wireless card.

My ethernet card doesn't show up in device manager, but the wireless card does.

I went to Toshiba.com and downloaded the appropriate drivers for Windows 7 and my model of computer and installed them, but the ethernet card still doesn't show up in device manager and I'm limited to wireless connections.

Can someone tell me how to get my wired connection up and running?

A:Laptop: No ethernet card detected?

the ethernet card might be faulty.. you can look at the option of running a hard ware test or just use usb converter for internet connection

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/60954-laptop-no-ethernet-card-detected.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have just reformatted a Acer Travelmate 2420 and have windows running, after installing all the drivers from the acer website i now have network problems, the device manager shows an exclamation for ethernet controller but there is nothing about the wireless card which is internal, meanwhile i cannot use the |Cable connection either and doesnt detect when a cable is plugged in even thought it says the driver is installed! what do i do i cannot connect to windows update because i cant connect to the net and am not sure who manufacturers the wireless card!

Thanks, Olly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wireless-card-not-detected-after-reformat.681198/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I bought a laptop this time 2 years ago. Suddenly wile watching a hd film in bed my laptop over heated and then crashed. So I waited then booted up again and now my good graphics card is not working
It is not being detected in device manager at all. Does anyone know how to fix this?

some details on laptop and graphics card. cost me a good bita dosh so would like to get it fixed
Chassis & Display Vortex Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core?i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3840QM (2.80GHz) 8MB
Memory (RAM) 32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card AMD® Radeon® HD 7970M - 2GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11

A:Laptop Graphics card suddenly not detected

Ouch if the laptop over heats and shuts down and not recognized again it could actually be physical damage to the video card. Another way to test if the video card has completely failed is by plugging an external monitor into the display port on the laptop. It could connect via hdmi, vga, or possibly display port. If a picture appears on the monitor then it could possibly be software related if you dont see a picture the video card has failed for sure. If it has failed you will more than likely have to replace the motherboard. In rare chance the video card may not be intergrated to motherboard but I doubt it. If you know someone that could whats called (re-flow) the video card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-graphics-card-suddenly-not-detected.206677/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a HP 17-G129DS.What size and speed memory card will my laptop be able to read and write to ?

A:memory card will my laptop be able to use

R-U-kidding-Me wrote:I have a HP 17-G129DS.What size and speed memory card will my laptop be able to read and write to ?Hi, Please verify what is your question, you asking for RAM ot for SD card ? For RAM your machine has Two SODIMM slots - NON customer accessible / upgradeableDDR3-1333MHz Dual Channel Support (DDR3L-1600 downgraded to DDR3-1333)DDR3L-1600-MHz Single Channel SupportSupports up to 16 GB of system RAM in the following configurations:? 16384-MB total system memory (8192×2)? 12288-MB total system memory (8192×1) + (4096×1)? 8192-MB total system memory (8192×1) or (4096×2)? 6144-MB total system memory (4096×1) + (2048×1)? 4096-MB total system memory (4096×1) or (2048×2) All standard DDR3 and DDR3L RAM sticks for laptops have same size. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/memory-card-will-my-laptop-be-able-to-use/td-p/5744375
Relevancy 54.18%
A:will any sd memory card do for acer laptop

HI George Pretty much any SD card will work in your Acer laptop, however, make sure you buy a well known make from a reputable dealer. There are quite a few fakes around, which will cause a lot of grief! You can use either standard SD or the newer SDHC ones if your laptop is made after 2007/8. If it is an old laptop, then use the standard SD.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/will-any-sd-memory-card-do-for-acer-laptop/td-p/407465
Relevancy 54.18%
A:will any sd memory card do for acer laptop

HI George Pretty much any SD card will work in your Acer laptop, however, make sure you buy a well known make from a reputable dealer. There are quite a few fakes around, which will cause a lot of grief! You can use either standard SD or the newer SDHC ones if your laptop is made after 2007/8. If it is an old laptop, then use the standard SD.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/will-any-sd-memory-card-do-for-acer-laptop/td-p/407465/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 54.18%

My Compaq nx7400 has a pop-out tray on the left side, with 4 slots for memory cards - I think ?! I've tried loading an SD card into the tray & pushing the tray in - but without success..... Anyone know the correct way to use this weird plastic tray thingy ?? Thanks

A:How do I use the memory card slot on my laptop ??

Hi, I have a new G72-25OUS laptop, I'm wondering how to use the slot on the left side, that says SD-MS/Pro-MMC-XD? I assume its to put a SD card in from my camera to upload photos, do I just stick it in and if so, how do I get it out? I don't have a manual, didn't come with one and can't find info in the help section. Hope someone knows how to do this. Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-do-I-use-the-memory-card-slot-on-my-laptop/td-p/49651
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone.
I have an Alienware 15 R2 (i7 4720HQ, 970M, 16GB, FHD) running windows 10.
I have set it up in desktop mode by connecting it to ASUS MG28UQ 4K monitor, mouse and keyboard. The monitor is connected through the laptop's mini dp port.
The problem is that when I boot up the laptop with the monitor connected, the laptop's internal sound card (SoundBlaster Redcon 3di) does not function, and is not available in the audio playback devices menu. The intel display audio works, though.
But when i shut down the laptop, disconnect the monitor, and then boot it back up, the sound card is detected and functional, and stays funtional even after i connect the monitor to laptop after it has booted. It keeps working until i reboot, after rebooting the same thing happens.
Any ideas what might be going wrong?

Things i tried:
reinstalled sound card driver
windows troubleshoot

Thanks in advance  

A:Sound Card not detected when laptop boots up with external monitor (mini dp) connected - Alienware 15 R2 (4720HQ)

First, make sure that the display audio device is not 'disabled' in Device Manager. When connected through HDMI this should be enabled. If it is disabled, try enabling it and see if that resolves the problem.

Second, I would suggest downloading the latest graphics drivers from Intel. This should also update the HDMI audio drivers, and may fix the problem. You may also need 4th Generation or later CPU graphics drivers. You may want to download Intel's driver updater, to automatically search for drivers.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3122972/sound-card-detected-laptop-boots-external-monitor-mini-connected-alienware-4720hq.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey i got this laptop about 6 or 7 months ago and it has always had the problem where it wouldnt recognise the micro SD card that I put into the slot.

I have the Acer travelmate 5710 and am using two memory adaptors one is a 'DSE' and a sandisk microSD/transflash adaptor (I have a microSD 2GB card.)

when i insert it, a little remove safely comes up in the bottom tool bar and in 'My computer' there is a little picture of a memory card and i double click it, then it says "Please insert a disk into drive F" and im like, err there is a disk in there (my memory card) Do I have the memory card drive ( F: ) configured as a CD drive instead of memory card drive? Help me please someone.

A:Laptop doesnt recognise memory card?

unfortunately not all laptop use all different brands of memory.
make sure you know the max amount of memory the system takes if you exceed that it will not reconize it and also find out what the brnd was originally and go with that brand but to answer the sd question see if there is a bios upgrae as well as removeable drive drivers on there website. if not you are out of luck. sorry if i got carrie away in the beginning lol. good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-doesnt-recognise-memory-card.107784/
Relevancy 53.75%

Never had an issue plugging my phone with my memory card attached to my laptop and nit pops up i could add tunes to the card etc i had microsoft office it would not delete or remove from my laptop i downloaded quot Revo unistaller pro quot and it took it right off like noones busi good program to use Laptop not? anymore,why recognizing SD not memory card my and virus free i d presonally recommend Howevermafter removing it it askes for a scan for any leftover folders relating to that specific progrma i deleted there were about - things Laptop not recognizing my SD memory card anymore,why not? left over related to that program alone i did delete all of those things mkaing sure it was for that program and nothing else now what does this have to do with my memory card not popping up anymore i ask ever since i did delete those extra folder and things related to microsoft my memory care ever since has not popped back up on my laptop nor does it even recognize when the card is there and i can t even find it anywheres on my laptop nowheres pure coincidence or ironic I m computer savy it s a s imple procedure to fix but i can t seem to correct it and um i d like to fix this so i can add more music back unto my card ok c mon people lil help here nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I have an HP Pavilion ze4560us laptop. The video card is a ATI Mobility Radeon 7500. I have two sticks of 256MB RAM, 64MB of which goes to the video card. I'm thinking of getting a stick of 512MB to pop in there. What I'm wondering is, can I increase the amount of memory that the card gets? What I would like to do is up the video card to 128MB. So..

Question 1:
Can I even do it?

Question 2:
Would it work?

Question 3:
Would it make a difference?

Thanks,
TB

A:Can you adjust shared video card memory on a laptop?

No you can't change the video card memory. :knock:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-you-adjust-shared-video-card-memory-on-a-laptop.21339/
Relevancy 52.89%

My laptop doesnt have a memory card reader so I bought a USB memory card reader to be able to read my camera photos. I bought a standard run of the mill no brand memory card reader, it works perfectly fine on my desktop, when plugged in, the folder would run and open.

On my laptop, nothing happens (my folder autoruns for my external harddrive), and it doesnt appear in 'My Computer', I know it has been assigned g: so i run g: and I get this error message:

The file does not have a program associated with performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel.

I dont know what association to change or do when I'm in the control panel! I would appreciate any help! I really dont want to buy another memory card reader hyuk! Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader-works-on-desktop-but-not-on-laptop.577401/
Relevancy 52.89%

ok memory reader card is duo slot? need it help even pro in i laptop possible? stick SD i was bored and got some homebrew for my ds but i needed some files off my psp memory stick and couldnt be bothered to charge memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help it as its dead and i cant find the charger so i thauhgt quot ill try it in my laptop sd card slot reader quot and after a some moments later bang autorun pops up with the memory stick icon on it all the files are accessable aswell now my question is HOW DID THIS WORK i looked in the slot and the pins are much to big spaces to fit all the pins on the card everyone know theres a size difference between sd and memorystick how did it work i didnt think there were duel sd and memory stick readers all the usb ones if seen have seperate slots this is memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help bugging me as it shouldnt that and i have to get it in just the right place to get it to work it doesnt seem to fit snug in the slot any idea on how the hell this is working thanks nbsp memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

A:memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-pro-duo-in-laptop-sd-card-reader-slot-it-is-even-possible-i-need-help.662784/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello

These few days I am experiencing problems regarding either the memory card or laptop. Whenever I insert the memory card (Sandisk) first thing when the laptop turns it, It will either freeze the laptop until I remove it and 2-3 instances the laptop made a buzz noise and freeze hence I had to do a hard shut down.

I am getting loads of event error 15

The device, \device\Scsi\JMCR1, is not ready for access yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/401606-when-i-insert-memory-card-laptop-will-freeze-until-i-remove.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Anything in bold is copy pasted from information elsewhere Laptop Acer Aspire v - g Windows NIVIDIA GeForce GT m Systemrequirementslab com sometimes spits at me that I have gb or gb dedicated video memory on my card and sometimes gb So I dediced to find out myself ---------------------- Start - gt Run - gt Msinfo - gt Components - gt Display I have One is obviously my GeForce Card Memory - NVIDIA Laptop Dedicated Intel HD Graphics quot Laptop NVIDIA GeForce Card - Dedicated Memory Adapter RAM GB bytes quot GB on the intel HD graphics sounds about right And the other is my NVIDIA GeForce GT M quot Adapter RAM bytes quot What's going on here msinfo suggests my card has MB of memory This laptop's graphics card should have GB or GB dedicated video memory Am I misunderstanding how my system memory is used Does it somehow use some of that ram as dedicated memory to my Laptop NVIDIA GeForce Card - Dedicated Memory card as well I haven't changed any settings nor know how to quot Installed Physical Memory RAM GB quot -------------------------------------------- NVIDIA Control Panel Help - gt System Information - gt Scroll down to the info quot Total available graphics memory MB quot quot Dedicated video memory MB DDR quot quot System video memory MB quot quot Shared system memory MB quot Ok this is looking more reasonable What is lying to me and why ---------------------- Can someone explain to me please I'm rather tech savvy usually with myself under going study for ICT mainly networking etc Any explanation would help greatly thanks Or directions to help change or fix what ever is going on if it's not correct Attached screenshots as reference to the information

A:Laptop NVIDIA GeForce Card - Dedicated Memory

The first screen shot suggests to me that the GT 750 has 4 gigs of onboard (dedicated) RAM and is using (sharing) 8 gigs of system RAM for a total of 12 gigs. Why it says 1 gig in system info I don't know? It might be its actually using the Intel graphics when you opened it. It's switchable graphics. Unless you forced it to use the NVidia GPU it may be using the Intel? You would think it would say Intel at the top though?

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/68786-laptop-nvidia-geforce-card-dedicated-memory.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have installed additional memory in a laptop before however i would like the comfort of a few screenshots, photos and guide, if available.

thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8a8fa258-dc92-4e97-b7c8-e12c7cfc9aea/request-for-general-directions-install-memory-card-in-laptop?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 52.03%

All of the pictures on my digital camera got deleted. I have attached the SD card to a memory card reader and plugged into the USB port, because I hope to recover my pictures via a photo recovery software. However, my laptop is not detecting the memory card reader, although the blue light is on. When I click devices and printers, it shows up as a removable disk (drive E). Further, none of the recovery programs have detected my photos from the memory card reader. They either show drive E as having nothing on it, or don't even give drive E as a recoverable option.

How can i fix this these problems?

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 14R, Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit. The memory card reader is a Dynex 12 in 1.

Thank you.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi - running patch current Windows and am having an ongoing but not always constant issue regarding how much memory I have available to me on any given boot of Windows I have GB of memory installed on the computer and yet almost GB of that is not available to me and is shown as Hardware Reserved when I look at the Physical Memory in the Resource Monitor I have validated the memory is error free through multiple runs of Memtest have removed memory strips and blown out any possible dust from memory slots and SOMETIMES it properly will show me around GB available however most boots it is showing pretty consistently that GB is flaged as Hardware Reserved I did some searching and have tried some of the suggestions such as making sure the Maximum Memory box is not checked in MSCONFIG and have also tried editing nbsp ClearPageFileAtShutdown in the Registry to change it from the default value of ' ' to a new value of ' ' nbsp Nothing has worked thus far I DO need access to as much of that GB of memory as possible due to this computer using huge amounts of memory as a Digital Audio Workstation recording music with huge volumes of samples loaded fully memory Reserved Windows half shows as of Approximately but full and detected by memory installed BIOS Hardware into memory nbsp Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows Performance suffers greatly when half of what is installed is not available I have also looked in the BIOS for any ways to adjust video memory and memory mapping and neither exists in the BIOS at all for me to try anything with nbsp The CPU happens to be an AMD A with multiple cores and video is embedded in the CPU with no way Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows for me to control its memory usage Thanks in advance for any additional suggestions Bob Bone

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4997e518-4bfd-4266-bf39-ac7f79620d5e/approximately-half-of-installed-memory-shows-as-hardware-reserved-but-full-memory-detected-by-bios?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 48.16%

hi, my sony memory stick says "reinsert the memory card " when i insert it into my cybershot camera. It cant read the memory card, does anybody know what wrong and how to fix it. thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-13-01-memory-card-failure-cant-recognize-memory-card.634675/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I usable POST, initialization No error. detected" "Memory Can't memory recently put together a Can't POST, "Memory initialization error. No usable memory detected" new computer with parts from newegg and when I attempt to start it up my debug LED reads quot quot which according to the manual indicates a memory initialization error no usable memory detected My system CPU Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I K Motherboard ASRock P EXTREME GEN LGA Intel P SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper Plus PSU Thermaltake Toughpower XT TPX- M W ATX V v EPS V v Video Card EVGA -P - -KR GeForce GTX HD w Display-Port Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x Click to expand Things I have tried So I installed the whole thing LEDs light up fans whirring all that Just no POST I followed this guide to try and solve my problem to no avail http www tomshardware com forum - -perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems Currently I have everything taken out of the case with only the motherboard CPU HSF and PSU hooked up I have tried both sticks of RAM seperately in each slot I have tried resetting the CMOS I was careful to constantly touch the grounded PSU before I touched sensitive pieces I made sure all connections were secure and everything was in its proper place No matter what I try it gives me code saying that no usable memory is detected I don t see how both sticks of RAM I got could be bad I am now completely out of ideas Anyone have any suggestions nbsp

A:Can't POST, "Memory initialization error. No usable memory detected"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-post-memory-initialization-error-no-usable-memory-detected.1022948/
Relevancy 45.58%

I installed the Nvidia GT got the Blue screen of death after many headaches I took it back and got the Nvidia GT still got vs memory system conflict? Video card memory BSOD I have done a complete hardware diagnostic test on every piece of hardware on the computer and everything checks out good I have Video card memory vs system memory conflict? the latest Video card and mother board drivers installed and keep getting the blue screen of death on random things mostly DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL a theory I have is maybe the Video card memory speed is conflicting with the Video card memory runs faster then the System memory and I ve read that Vista has problems with ram Video card memory vs system memory conflict? that runs at different speeds could that be the issue Just a quick update I just uninstalled the Nvidia HD Audio Driver I have a feeling it was conflicting with the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver We will see Any help or info from you guys will be helpful thanks Here are my system specs System Information Saturday June PM ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Model Information ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Model Name m f Product Number GX AA-ABA Software Build NAv PrA Serial Number XXXXXXXXXX ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Information ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Manufacturer HP-Pavilion Total Number of Logical CPUs Total Physical Memory GB Total Number of Optical Drives Total Number of Hard Drives Total Number Video card memory vs system memory conflict? of Video Cards Total Number of Memory Modules Total Number of DIMM slots ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Motherboard ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Board Chipset nVidia MCP Base Board Manufacturer ECS Product Nettle BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies LTD Release Date BIOS Version String ROM Size kB AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor CPU Specification AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Size kB Size MB AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor CPU Specification AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Size kB Size MB ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Memory ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Memory Total Physical Memory GB Free Physical Memory GB MB DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Manufacturer Hyundai Electronics Memory Manufacture Date Week Year Memory Part Number HYMP U CP -Y Memory Revision Code MB DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Manufacturer Hyundai Electronics Memory Manufacture Date Week Year Memory Part Number HYMP U CP -Y Memory Revision Code MB DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Size GB Memory Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Manufacturer Hyundai Electronics Memory Manufacture Date Week Year Memory Part Number HYMP U CP -Y Memory Revision Code MB DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Size GB Memory Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Manufacturer Hyundai Electronics Memory Manufacture Date Week Year Memory Part Number HYMP U CP -Y Memory Revision Code ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Local Disk ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hitachi HDT VLA SCSI Disk Device Model Number Hitachi HDT VLA Firmware Revision V O Total Capacity GB Driver c windows system drivers disk sys Driver Version - - Hitachi HDT VLA SCSI Disk Device Model Number Hitachi HDT VLA Firmware Revision V O Total Capacity GB Driver c windows system drivers disk sys Driver Version - - HP - C Drive Letter C Volume Name HP Volume Serial Number -AAC File System NTFS Volume Capacity GB Volume Free Space GB Volume Used Space GB FACTORY IMAGE - D Drive Letter D Volume Name FACTORY IMAGE Volume Serial... Read more

A:Video card memory vs system memory conflict?

Just tried this:http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=586183&mpage=1Hopefully this will fix the BSOD issue,I'm sick of getting the BSOD on my system when nothing is wrong with the hardware. I work to hard to keep it running like new, don't want something simple to take it down. but this has been going on for weeks hopefully this will fix.I'll know in the morning.This is also interesting:http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=190995

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401806/video-card-memory-vs-system-memory-conflict/
Relevancy 45.58%

A device manager wasn't mentioned from the manufacturer. The manufacturer is PNY. Anyone know why it might cause the computer to run on virtual memory? There is a warning box that pulls up reading "out of memory at line:1521". I don't know what I need to do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-a-new-memory-card-now-computer-runs-on-virtual-memory.150828/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi everyone!

My PC features are as follows.

Windows 98 second edition
801 mhz intel processor
128mb ram

I have decided to add a new 64mb sd-ram memory but my motherbrd doesn'st detect it and detect only the 128mb memory.

When I went in bios, it gives me only 131072 bytes, which equals the 128 mb.

Does any one have an idea about how to make the motherbrd to detect the 64mb ram?

A:Memory not detected by Motherboard!

Some of those old boards simply won't work with Double Sided RAM.

Does the RAM you are adding have Chips in both sides of it? What about the existing one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-not-detected-by-motherboard.94527/
Relevancy 45.58%

Today I tried overclocking my CPU; I eventually managed to successfully overclock the processor. However, my SLI config. doesn't seem to work anymore. I have the message "SLI-Ready Memory - Not Detected" in my BIOS page. The Nvidia control panel says that SLI is enabled, but when I tested it in Crysis, the 3D indicators did not show up. For some reason the visual indicators do show up in a few other games. The game is much slower too, so I know SLI is no longer functioning at least in Crysis. How do I fix this?

Thanks for any assistance.

A:SLI Ready Memory - Not Detected

Crysis is a real mess of a game. It's terribly optimized, and thus, it actually loses performance when SLI is enabled in most cases, and it can't even run with SLI enabled sometimes at 2560x1600. SLI is still enabled, it's just not doing anything in Crysis, because the Crysis engine is absolutely awful.

The "SLI-Ready Memory - Not Detected" isn't anything to worry about. You don't need SLI-Ready Memory. It's just a gimmick to sell more RAM at a higher price than normal. The actual benefits are negligible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sli-ready-memory-not-detected.119490/
Relevancy 45.15%

In my XP Pro service pack 3, fully updated the full 4 GB of memory is not detected and used. In the System Properties and the Task Manager/ Performance/ Physical Memory it does only show 3.25 GB of RAM. But in the System Information it shows the full 4 GB. I did see at a Microsoft web site that XP 32 bit should detect and use up to a maximum of 4 GB, so what trick can I do to solve this issue. And in the BIOS the memory detected is; 4096 MB which is 4 GB, thanks.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I replaced the original 4 gb memory card by a double 8 gb.

Before this, I checked the size limit. I found that max is 16, good:
http://www.cnet.com/products/toshiba...ite-c75/specs/

Bios is 1.30, the last as I know, and only 8 is detected by the Bios.

I crossed the two memory slot, and still getting 8.

I left only one, still 8. Exchanged with the other 8, still 8...

Please help.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93783-Satelite-C75-A-10E-Memory-upgrade-4gb-gt-to-2x8-gb-not-detected
Relevancy 44.72%

Completely new to this so apologies if barking up the wrong tree .... !

Rather than buying a 32 gb memory stick to upload some important jpg pictures into for safety's sake, I'm wondering if it's possible to upload and store them in a spare and unused 32gb memory card that I've got lying around instead ? Equally if it's then possible to download them safely later on ?

Thanks

A:Possible to save to a memory card rather than a memory stick ?

Short answer is Yes. An SD card is very similar to a flash drive as far as the technology goes and can be used like an SD card for storing files. I would format it Fat32. And you can download (Copy) the files from the card at any time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366044-possible-save-memory-card-rather-than-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am running Windows XP in a Compaq Presario, with CD reader and CD/DVD burner.
My question: How do I get a DVD(with photos and sound) onto a Flash Memory stick or an SD card??

A:Transfer DVD to Memory Stick or Memory card

Simplest method:

Insert the Disc with photos and sound (close any autorun)
Go to My Computer
Right Click on the CD/DVD drive (with your photos and sound in) and select open
Click on Edit (in Toolbar) then Select all
Click on Edit (in Toolbar again) and select copy

Close the folder

Insert your Flash Memory stick and select Open folder to view the files
Click on Edit (in Toolbar again) and select paste

All done Copy and paste (some say I'm good at this !)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-dvd-to-memory-stick-or-memory-card.665428/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, trying to be quick before I BSOD again.

Recently had problems getting multiple BSODs, even though I haven't changed any hardware.

I got the aforementioned BSOD error and ran verifier to see the driver problem.

spqp.sys is the only one that came up that wasn't loaded it said "never loaded". I did a Windows Search for it and could not find it.

I don't know what to do know. Thanks in advance.

A:Special Pool detected memory corruption

Can you access the hard drive long enough to get a hold of the contents of the C:\Windows\Minidump folder? If so, zip it up and upload it to your next post.

What settings did you use when running Driver Verifier?

If the spqp.sys file was never loaded, then it's not likely to be a current problem. But a google for it doesn't reveal any results - which makes it suspicious IMO. Try posting over in the Malware forum for assistance: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-366029.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I have a Dell Precision M i - MX nbsp that came with GB of Samsung memory nbsp I have installed a Samsung Pro TB SSD in the SATA and a Samsung nbsp EVO TB in detected. Memory M4800 not Dell Precision the mSATA slot nbsp I am running BIOS version A nbsp nbsp I have disabled the Intel nbsp HD Graphics in the BIOS nbsp so it only uses nbsp the Nvidia Quadro K M nbsp Everything was working fine I wanted to upgrade to GB memory so I bought Patriot Viper nbsp x GB kit nbsp Model PV G LC SK nbsp Each SODIMM module is supposed to Dell Precision M4800 Memory not detected. be GB PC - MHz V - - - When I remove the Samsung memory and install the Patriot Viper memory in all slots or just slots the computer doesn t boot and I receive the LED blink code nbsp quot No memory modules are installed detected quot However if I leave the Samsung memory in two of Dell Precision M4800 Memory not detected. the slots and at the same time install two of the Patriot memory in the other two slots the computer will boot nbsp BIOS will show GB however it shows the speed nbsp of instead of nbsp If I remove the Samsung memory once again it will not boot with the Patriot memory alone nbsp Why is the Patriot nbsp memory not recognized by itself and why can t I boot from it I looked at the Patriot Memory with the program CPU-Z The timing tables shows JEDEC JEDEC JEDEC XMP- nbsp All voltages say V Why is there no memory nbsp settings or XMP setting nbsp in the BIOS nbsp Why would Dell offer me an unlocked i - MX processor Extreme Edition but there is no CPU settings for the unlocked multiplier Please help Thank you Zak nbsp

A:Dell Precision M4800 Memory not detected.

Hi Zak00,
Thanks for posting in the Dell Community Forum.
Just wondered if you've had the chance to read this article?  There is some good information there about how to choose memory for the M4800.
Regards,Robert

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19629099
Relevancy 44.72%

My old videocard, ASUS N6800TD 512MB has been showing an incorrect memory clock. Before I got my new computer it was my main card, and it's in a spare computer now but on my main computer, it was always running at 325MHz core and 540MHz memory, or at least this is what rivatuner reported. Now, it runs at 325MHz core and 1080MHz memory. I thought at first that maybe this was because 540MHz was the SDR speed and the DDR memory made it 1080 effective. However, the memory is DDR2, not GDDR3 so I don't know how it can be running at 1080MHz, which means that 540MHz must be the real DDR speed meaning that 270MHz would be the SDR speed. Does anyone know why the memory is being reported incorrectly or if it is incorrect at all?

EDIT: Even the Nvidia Control Panel overclocking feature reports the memory speed as 1080MHz

A:Video Memory Clock being wrongly detected (I think)

Nvm, it turns out my old videocard has been... well I don't exactly know what happened to it during production. But it turns out the memory which runs at 1080MHz stock goes all the way up to 1678MHz, and the 325MHz stock core OCs up to 520MHz... Believe me I don't understand WHY but in a comparison between my 7600GT XXX and my old 6800 at overclocked speeds, its faster than the 7600 so looks like I'm gonna return it...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-memory-clock-being-wrongly-detected-i-think.63007/
Relevancy 44.72%

W SP bit GB RAM I had a power outage and I'm now getting the above message BSOD I have booted with a boot disc and ran chkdsk R it found a few errors I booted into Corruption Detected Pool Memory Special Safe Mode once and that worked but I decided to run Check Disk again now it won't boot anymore It won't boot into Safe Mode stopping Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption at C windows system drivers disk sys Check Disk starts at every bootup From the boot disc in Command Prompt I ran FSUTIL Dirty Query the results is Drive is not Dirty I ran Memtest and the Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption Windows Memory test RAM tests Fine I booted off W DVD and try Startup Repair It said this disc cannot repair volume From the boot disc I tried to run Driver Verifier it said it was not a Valid Windows application Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I have HDD's and when booting from the Windows DVD or Boot disc it lists the Windows Volume is Drive G with Drive C as the System Reserve When the computer boots into Windows the Windows Volume is C I cannot boot into the computer to run diagnostic mode I cannot scan for Malware I cannot update drivers as I can't boot in Not sure what else I can try before I re-install

A:Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption

Try disconnecting the drives that do not have the Windows install and see if it's Id'd as the C drive almost sounds like MBR corruption?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-616207.html
Relevancy 44.72%

my computer and i have been companions through a lot in the past years and i have always managed to make it work since buying it i not windows detected, memory cannot physical up boot have only formatted it once and that was about a year and a physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up half back hardware gb ram gts nvidia graphic card amd phenom x so this is what happened i had left the physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up computer on for abput hours and had switched off the moniter when i returned the diplay didnt work i thought it must be a problem with the connecteing cord so i tried to shake it when nothing worked i turned the whole system offf the main electricity cord after some time it was a slow start but it worked later blue scren appeared and said windows did so to prevent damage to files and restarted once that happened my pc said something about lack of external memory as windows cannot be booted whenever i have tried same has happened fan andights areworking but nothing appears

A:physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up

Please...be exact when reporting error messages.  They are important clues, which...if not properly reported...lead down the wrong path.

System manufacture and model...or motherboard manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505930/physical-memory-not-detected-windows-cannot-boot-up/
Relevancy 44.29%

It seems that I've been getting low memory issues ever since upgrading to Win10, but I'm not 100% certain if thats the issue. I thought about uprading to 16gb ram, but I'd like to know if theres some other fix for this. I can't multitask as I used to be able to. Sometimes problems occur just running 8 tabs on chrome and a game(Blade and Soul). The numbers just don't seem to add up.

Specs:
http://imgur.com/RYhyDYa

Task Manager:
http://imgur.com/bnvV0EP
http://imgur.com/TIwSYfw
http://imgur.com/HOMvI1J

A:High Memory Usage/ Low Memory Popup on Win10 8gb Laptop

Hello svader55 Welcome to the Ten Forums!

On the first impression I would have to suspect the problem is with the upgrade itself where you might end needing to see a Clean Install of 10. First however you can try a few things out to see if this is only a minor glitch. On an older 7 model by HP the upgrade seen last summer was a disaster waiting to happen which I had enticipated and saw an immediate clean install to follow! Of after going from the 32bit 7 Home Premium to 10 Home x86 I subsequently changed that with a second fresh install the 64bit Windows.

The initial tool would be the System File Checker you would run from the Command prompt(admin) option when right clicking on the Start button. You simply scroll down to that option to see the new window open up. At the dos like prompt you then simply type in "sfc /scannow" and press enter to get the tool underway.

The tool will then scan all the important system files and if finding one or more corrupt or missing will often be able to replace them but not all unfortunately from cab files tucked away on the local drive. With previous versions the rec for having the Windows dvd in the driver was made in case the SFC had to extract something from the Windows media there if the problem was more involved. This is why the suggestion for the possible need to see a fresh clean install of 10 is being made here.

Unfortunately buggy upgrades are all too common regardless of which version is being upgraded over. But you likely saw the option for 10 in the 10 app? or in the Windows Updates perhaps? if not seeing 10 downloaded separately. The appearance from the images you provided suggests the problem is the memory being mapped out to hardwares while that first item being a 32bit app taking upto almost 1tb seems a bit high.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/44099-high-memory-usage-low-memory-popup-win10-8gb-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have aLexmark memory card reader that I use with my memomry cards for my digital cameras. I just bought a new M 1G FujiFilm xD card. It said on the package that it is compatible with most cameras, and I didn't give it much thought since I have a Fuji camera.

Well, today I put the card in the reader and it won't read the card. Is there a way to chance properties of the reader so it can read it, or do I need a newer memory card reader because of the new "M" thing? If I need a new one, does anyone have any suggestions on which readers work with the newer cards? Thanks

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello.

I have recently changed Windows XP laptops, My old laptop used to import pictures from the Memory card automaticaly into 'my pictures' it would also automatically import movies into the 'my movies' folder. Now I have changed laptops (still the same Memory card) it will not do it, How do I get XP pro to auto import these types of files, At the moment the memory card just sits in 'My Computer' and I have to manually drag and drop/import into the folders,

How do I get XP to auto import these files without any user interaction ?

Many Thanks

Leigh

A:Importing Images from Flash Card/memory card

Right click the drive/card and look under auto play.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/importing-images-from-flash-card-memory-card.502149/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have an HPa1612n running media center 2005 and it wont pick up my memory card from the 9 in 1 reader that is part of the pc. It worked fine last night. any ideas?

Relevancy 43.86%

Dear Tech Support,

I think my computer has serious problems. I don't know what is wrong with it because it is very fast and works very good. But something it just crashes out of the blue and gives me BSOD. Mostly the BSOD is Memory Management or IRQL not less or equal.

I have followed your BSOD Posting Instructions. The OS on this computer is Windows 7 (32 bit), before I had Windows Vista as standard OS on it. The computer is approximately 4 years old, with "Intel (R) Core? 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz" processor and 3 GB RAM Memory. I also have the output folder and perfmon file attachted to this thread.

Thanks in advance!
Okki

A:BSOD - Special pool detected memory corruption

I don't see any crashdumps. You aren't using any "cleaning" software are you? The problem with them is they'll clean up crashdumps, which we need to analyze (plus most of them can end up being harmful).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-558616.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Im getting this BSOD lately when im playing games browsing on the memory BSOD special pool corruption detected internet and generaly by using the pc This is the report i have found in the event viewer - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot BSOD special pool detected memory corruption Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C BSOD special pool detected memory corruption -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Klavon-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff ff f lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff ff lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xab a lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt If anyone knows something pls help me Also im using windows bit

A:BSOD special pool detected memory corruption

Please upload your full reports:http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-686212.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I purchased a Dell Studio XPS sometime ago but when I tried to upgrade the memory from GB to GB I ran into some problems First off here are the specifications of my PC which will hopefully give more information for Dell in 8000 not Bios - detected Memory XPS Studio anyone who is willing to help me troubleshoot Memory not detected in Bios - Dell Studio XPS 8000 my predicament Dell Studio XPS Chassis Serial Number WWXML Running Windows - bit Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Core i kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Hyper-threaded total Board Dell Inc X R A Serial Number CN BM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Dell Inc A Chipset Intel D rev The original memory configuration that came with my Dell Studio XPS is as follows DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - Black DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - White DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot -Black DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot - White I had a total of gb of memory I replaced it with Corsair Vengeance DDR GB x GB This was inserted into Slots amp White with Slots amp Black left empty I had planned on buying another pack of Corsair DDR GB x GB if the GB worked therefore bringing me to the maximum amount of GB of memory which is all the motherboard can handle according to specifications However when I booted the computer with Corsair Vengeance DDR GB x GB only GB of the GB registered in the Bios I rotated the strips and they were both good When I went to switch back to the original configuration that came with the computer DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - Black DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - White DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot -Black DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot - White My PC would not boot and made a continuous beeping sound I am no longer able to use the original Dell memory in any configuration Therefore I am stuck with Corsair Vengeance DDR GB x GB that was inserted into Slots amp White with Slots amp Black left empty Slot White with GB of Ram being the only memory recognized The GB in Slot White does not register in the Bios and is not seen by other software utilities that I have tried Hopefully you can now see my frustration and realize that I now have less memory available to me than originally came with my PC I read through many internet forums and tried all sorts of different things to solve the problem but the results are always the same leaving my PC with only GB of memory to be accessed I m guessing that there must be something wrong with the motherboard but I m really not sure Unfortunately Dell has been of very little help Not sure what my next step should be but if there is anyone out there that can assist me it would be greatly appreciated Thank you John M nbsp

A:Memory not detected in Bios - Dell Studio XPS 8000

As that model doesnt have diver support for windows 10, that may be part of the issue. That rig wasnt meant for w10, have you considered going back? That may help. I dont see a way to run that OS on that hardware. At least reliably.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-not-detected-in-bios-dell-studio-xps-8000.1158719/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have McAfee and whenever I scan the laptop it tells me that is memory cannot detected McAfee removed by in ntoskrnl-hook be but a Trojan named NTOSKRNL-HOOK is removed from the memory and that it is a Generic Rootkit d rootkit McAfee is not able to find any file in the system that is been infected The trojan is always there in the memory even if I scan the memory many times At the beginning it was directing me to other websites whenever I ntoskrnl-hook is detected by McAfee in memory but cannot be removed was using IE or firefox to open a link I tried to remove it by going through the procedures explained in this link hxxp thecooltools blogspot com remove-ntoskrnl-hook-generic html After removing the infected files when I return ntoskrnl-hook is detected by McAfee in memory but cannot be removed to normal mode the Trojan is in the memory again Now the on-access scan is disabled completely and I cannot enable it I ran ntoskrnl-hook is detected by McAfee in memory but cannot be removed dds scr and the results are attached When I run gmer exe it stops after a while and the computer stops functioning I am not even able to move the mouse and I need to reset the laptop Once I stoped the gmer and saved the results in Ark txt which is attached Note that what is in Ark txt is not the complete result of scan I appreciate your help Here is dds txt file DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Mohsen at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV VirusScan Enterprise AntiSpyware Enterprise On-access scanning disabled Updated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C WINDOWS system KADxMain exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Documents and Settings Mohsen Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com ig uSearch Page hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us uDefault Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ibd uSearch Bar hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan enterprise scriptcl dll BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files dell bae BAE dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll EB Adobe PDF ec be- - c -a -beb d a b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFav... Read more

A:ntoskrnl-hook is detected by McAfee in memory but cannot be removed

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please copy this page to Notepad and Save it to your Desktop in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding.
Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.

This type of infection allows hackers to remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.

If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Please read this: How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud, and CC Fraud?

Your hard drive is almost full. Having too little free space on your hard drive can compromise system performance.

Quote:

C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 149 GiB total, 14.243 GiB free.

I suggest you move pictures, music, etc. to an external drive or USB stick if you have one and uninstall any programs that are never or hardly ever used.

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Download ComboFix from any of the links below. You must rename it to Combo-Fix before saving it. Save it to your Desktop.

If you are using Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Main and select 'Always ask me where to save files' and click OK.

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save Combo-Fix.exe to your Desktop

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right-click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools.
Get help here
Double-click on Combo-Fix.exe & follow the prompts.
If you are prompted to download a newer version of ComboFix, please choose Yes
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/ntoskrnl-hook-is-detected-by-mcafee-in-memory-but-cannot-be-removed-403607.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

I've been having lots of BSOD's and not been able to track down the issue.

Tried driver verifier and mem test on each ram stick but no issues.

Files attached. If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

A:BSOD's - mostly special pool detected memory corruption

opps forgot specs:

OS- win 7 64
CPU - Intel i7-920
RAM - 6gb G.skill ripjaws
BOARD - Gigabyte ex58 ud3r
PSU - Corsair tx650
GFX - Ati 5770 HD 1GB PCI VaporX
HD - raid 0: 2 x Barracuda 7200.12 500GB S300

Cheers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsods-mostly-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-492993.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Today I installed my new SSD, and installed windows 8.1.  It worked for the first 3 hours, until I got the special pool detected memory corruption BSOD.  I looked at other forums, and  I did the Memtest, and it didn't work.  It started happening when I got my ssd, anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
EDIT: I fixed the problem

A:special pool detected memory corruption BSOD

Could you let us know what you did?
It'll help others who come looking for help with a similar problem.
Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582683/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-bsod/
Relevancy 43.86%

Im always getting this BSOD error. Please help me identify the driver that is causing it.
Minidumps attached.
Thanks.

A:special pool detected memory corrupt BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by ceril

Im always getting this BSOD error. Please help me identify the driver that is causing it.
Minidumps attached.
Thanks.

These crashes were caused by memory corruption (probably a driver). Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!
1-Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Further Reading
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/205159-special-pool-detected-memory-corrupt-bsod.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

My wife's laptop has been very sluggish lately and we keep getting the above message by AVG. Would be grateful if anyone could assist.

Thanks a lot in advance!

A:Internet explorer high memory usage detected by AVG (164MB)

Hi vernontan I'll need more information in order to assist you with your issue. Please follow the instructions below.MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;Execute MiniToolBox and check the following options:List Installed Programs;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;Speccy - Publish a snapshotFollow the instructions below to download and install Speccy, then to publish a snapshot of your system information:Download and install Speccy from Piriform (the download will start automatically a few seconds after clicking on the Speccy link);Note: You can opt-out the Google Toolbar installation if you want;Once Speccy is installed, launch the program and give it a good minute to load all your system information;After that, click on the File menu in the top left corner, and select Publish Snapshot;A window will appear asking you to confirm your decision to publish a snapshot. Click on Yes;A new window will appear after, with a URL link to your snapshot. Click on Copy to Clipboard button to copy that URL to your clipboard, then paste it in your next reply and post it;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575560/internet-explorer-high-memory-usage-detected-by-avg-164mb/
Relevancy 43.43%

Eset Smart Security recently detected Win Mebroot trojan in the Operating memory It is also trojan Eset Win32/Mebroot memory Operating detected - unable to clean the Eset detected Operating memory - Win32/Mebroot trojan trojan and I do not know how to remove it The DDS log is below DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Lee at on Eset detected Operating memory - Win32/Mebroot trojan Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Home Basic GMT Running Processes C Windowssystem wininit exeC Windowssystem lsm exeC Windowssystem svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windowssystem svchost exe -k RPCSSC WindowsSystem svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC WindowsSystem svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windowssystem svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windowssystem svchost exe -k LocalServiceC WindowsSystem spoolsv exeC Windowssystem svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC WindowsSystem svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program FilesSpyware DoctorBDTBDTUpdateService exeC Windowssystem taskhost exeC Windowssystem Dwm exesvchost exe C Program FilesDU MeterDUMeterSvc exeC WindowsExplorer EXEC Program FilesESETESET Smart Securityekrn exeC Windowssystem svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedVS DEBUGmdm exeC Program FilesAlcohol SoftAlcohol StarWindStarWindServiceAE exeC Windowssystem svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program FilesTOSHIBAPower SaverTosCoSrv exesvchost exe C Windowssystem svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program FilesESETESET Smart Securityegui exeC Windowssystem taskeng exeC Program FilesTOSHIBAConfigFreeNDSTray exeC Program FilesTOSHIBAConfigFreeCFSwMgr exeC Program FilesMozilla Firefoxfirefox exeC Windowssystem sppsvc exeC Windowssystem taskhost exeC Windowssystem wbemwmiprvse exeC WindowsservicingTrustedInstaller exeD Desktopdds scrC Windowssystem conhost exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO FG CatchUrl f -aa - b - f d- a b e ef - c program filesflashget networkflashget universalcomdllsbhoCATCH dllBHO PC Tools Browser Guard BHO a f d b- - ff -b - cce e - c program filesspyware doctorbdtPCTBrowserDefender dllBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program filescommon filesmicrosoft sharedwindows liveWindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program filesjavajre binjp ssv dllTB PC Tools Browser Guard ea- a- b-adf - d e cc - c program filesspyware doctorbdtPCTBrowserDefender dllTB D C F- A- -A AD- D - No FilemRun egui quot c program fileseseteset smart securityegui exe quot hide waitservicemPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin x mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorUser x mPolicies-system EnableLUA x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x mPolicies-system PromptOnSecureDesktop x IE amp Download All by FlashGet - c program filesflashget networkflashget universalcomdllsBhoall htmIE amp Download by FlashGet - c program filesflashget networkflashget universalcomdllsBholink htmIE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLLLSP c program filescommon filespc toolslspPCTLsp dllDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabHandler skype com - FFC B - B - DFF- - C DD F D - c progra common skypeSKYPE DLLHosts www spywareinfo com FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c usersleeappdataroamingmozillafirefoxprofilesr z uty defaultFF - plugin c program filesk-lite codec packrealbrowserpluginsnppl dllFF - plugin c program filesk-lite codec packrealbrowserpluginsnprpjplug dllFF - plugin c program filesmozilla firefoxpluginsnpatgpc dllFF - plugin c program filesmozilla firefoxpluginsnpdjvu dllFF - plugin c program filesmozilla firefoxpluginsnpFoxitReaderPlugin dllFF - plugin c usersleeappdataroamingfacebooknpfbplu... Read more

A:Eset detected Operating memory - Win32/Mebroot trojan

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"MBRCheckPlease also download MBRCheck to your desktop Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)It will show a Black screen with some data on it a report called MBRcheck will be on your desktopopen this reportRight click on the screen and select > Select All Press Control+Cnow please copy that report to this threadinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3. report from MBRchecker4.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/335548/eset-detected-operating-memory-win32mebroot-trojan/
Relevancy 43.43%

hello, i've got a 4 month old ASUS desktop that has random BSOD. i'm not very computer literate and could really use some help. called ASUS and all they recommended was to send the computer in for repair. was about to do it until they said all my stuff would be wiped out. would like to try this first. the computer has been doing this since day one. it'll crash during use and other times while idle. can't figure out what causing this or why.

win 7 home premium 64 came preloaded on the machine. i added a Nvidia GEForce 430 card and a 2nd hard drive. also added an external usb hard drive. i don't think any of these adds are involved since the BSOD was appearing before i added anything.

i followed the instructions to include the zip file you need. have never done anything like this so i hope it works. my head is spinning lol!

thank you
Lev

A:random BSOD. memory check says hardware problem detected.

Quote: Originally Posted by levitt

hello, i've got a 4 month old ASUS desktop that has random BSOD. i'm not very computer literate and could really use some help. called ASUS and all they recommended was to send the computer in for repair. was about to do it until they said all my stuff would be wiped out. would like to try this first. the computer has been doing this since day one. it'll crash during use and other times while idle. can't figure out what causing this or why.

win 7 home premium 64 came preloaded on the machine. i added a Nvidia GEForce 430 card and a 2nd hard drive. also added an external usb hard drive. i don't think any of these adds are involved since the BSOD was appearing before i added anything.

i followed the instructions to include the zip file you need. have never done anything like this so i hope it works. my head is spinning lol!

thank you
Lev

It is usually very difficult to diagnose from a single DMP file and yours is no exception. While there is no direct evidence I strongly suspect your Symantec. I woud remove and replace with Microsoft Security essentials at least to test.

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/183749-random-bsod-memory-check-says-hardware-problem-detected.html
Relevancy 43.43%

HELP!...HELP!.....HELP!

i recently purchased sony ericsson w595. The problem is every time i connect it to my computer and try to copy my songs,picutures to it, a folder is created whose size is show more than 2GB(say 250 gb, 300gb) or sometimes 0 bytes. Bcoz of this virus my moblile shuts down itself ,camera photos and recording are automatically deleted. What should i do? plz plz help me out..........

A:showing 250 GB or even more in 2 GB card in moblie memory card

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/showing-250-gb-or-even-more-in-2-gb-card-in-moblie-memory-card-422177.html
Relevancy 43.43%

hi do all digital camera memory cards fit into any card reader? the card that came with my digital camera is by patriot brand and i don't know a lot about this yet so i don't know if it will be compatible with various readers (or, does "size" matter? this one is 256mb storage). thanks for any enlightenment anyone is kind enough to share princi*

Relevancy 43.43%

just received my new stream 11.  have barely unpacked it yet! quesition: I know that there's a slot for a memory card - I almost never use a camera, so I'm not totally familiar with that technology.   Can anyone tell me what kind of card goes with that slot?  What's the maximum capacity? thanks! w

Solved!
View Solution.

A:which card should I buy for the memory card slot on HP strea...

Yes, that will work. -wes

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/which-card-should-I-buy-for-the-memory-card-slot-on-HP/td-p/4834450
Relevancy 43.43%

My computer is a bit on the slow side at times.... while on the internet and especially while playing some newer games..... not too too bad but enough to get on my nerves..... i was curious on what i should get to upgrade and make it better.... like what kind of RAM and how much and stuff like that.... i know nothing about this stuff.... my video card is nVidia Geforce 6100 GPU (with available PCI-Express slot.... whatever that means??) my computer specs are eMachines W3118 AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3100+, 1.81 GHz, 256 MB RAM... Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2.... PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks

Relevancy 43.43%

I just bought this GFX card for a brand new PC I bought that had onboard.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-064-OK

I have a PCI express port and inserted the graphics card yet my monitor will not start up with the PC when I turn it on (the light on the monitor which should turn green when the display shows stays orange and no display shows). I have checked the monitor cables, the graphics card connections and absolutely everything I can think but still it just won't work and the card is not being detected. I also tried to install the drivers with my monitor plugged into the onboard and it said 'no suitable hardware found for these drivers'.

Would appreciate some help.
Thanks

A:GFX Card not being detected

Nearly 15% of video graphics cards arrive partially defective. Call your tech support person for that card... or whatever you do in the UK.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gfx-card-not-being-detected.85599/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I just bought a Transcend TS-PDU to install in card run. PCI-e being detected W8.1 USB first only on 3.0 a SABERTOOTH X motherboard Intel X chipset last BIOS available running Windows It doesn't need to install new drivers as Windows USB 3.0 PCI-e card only being detected on first run. W8.1 detect it by default This is the issue after plug the card in the motherboard the first run works perfect I can reboot as times as I wish even sleep the computer But when I shutdown the computer next time I turn it on It just disappear If I take the card and plug in a USB 3.0 PCI-e card only being detected on first run. W8.1 new motherboard slot exactly the same first run works but not anymore update Just found that if I unplug the computer and let the motherboard to lost all the power after turn it on it works again Tried on two PCIEX and one PCIEX slots same behavior Tried a fresh windows install same behavior if I format the computer with the card already installed It don't appear in the new fresh install if I unplug it and plug it before format it works Tried almost all the options i found on BIOS and read a lot of posts about USB problems but no luck These are the two states of the devices Not detected Was detected in the pass When it is working all the hidden devices are ready only after plug it in a new slot Any idea Thanks for your time

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/68827-usb-3-0-pci-e-card-only-being-detected-first-run-w8-1-a.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Here s the story I got a new Nvidia GeForce GT to replace my old Nvidia GeForce LE First of all New Not Detected Card I uninstalled the drivers to my old card then shut everything off etc then put in the new card When I put in the new card it powers up and all like it s supposed to fan spinning and all But when I plugged my monitor into the card I got a blank black screen with quot No Input Signal quot I try over and over installing new drivers to everything on my board etc but it still New Card Not Detected isn t working Now the slot won t even read my old graphics card The cards still power on the fan will spin but it s like it just isn t sending any input signal My computer doesn t seem to recognize the card is there even though it powers it on When I go to the device manager only my onboard video card is listed Neither my new nor my old card will get detected My BIOS is set to use the PCI-E slot first but I guess since it doesn t know anything is New Card Not Detected there it s not using it Any help would be so great I ve been trying to figure this out all day nbsp

A:New Card Not Detected

Installing drivers will do nothing if your board/windows isnt picking it up.

I had this problem a while back, I had to re plug it in a few times...it could also be your cable thats dodgy considering it isnt picking your old one up now either, how old is the board exactly...is it possible that the slot is faulty?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-card-not-detected.134087/
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently bought a new video card the gt 220. I connected it to the slot correctly and everything, the fan on the card goes on when i power the pc but its not being detected as a video device. it says its a pci-e 2.0 slot but in minimum req says any pci-e slot will work not necessarily a 2.0 i dont know which i have. I used to have a video card that died on me and now im thinking it might have been the slot that died. I don't have access to another card to check if the slot works or not with a known working video card. Just want to know what you guys thought about it because the video does go on its just not detected.

Relevancy 43%

my laptop uses alot of memory. around 50%. how can i lessen the big usage? i have 2gig ram.

A:My laptop uses a big part of my Memory (physical memory)

This is normal for windows 7, it uses the memory in order to prevent un needed read/writes from the drive. This is actually something you want with a laptop because unless you have a solid state drive, laptop drives are traditionally very slow.

I don't understand why people get so upset when their memory is actually being used, that's what it is there for.
If you open a large program that requires more resources windows will unload nonessential processes from memory to the pagefile while that program is active.

Windows 7 is much better at managing memory than it's predecessors.
1 gig of used ram is pretty much expected.
This is why 1 gig is the minimum required per microsoft's specifications.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/191519-my-laptop-uses-big-part-my-memory-physical-memory.html
Relevancy 43%

I am thinking of upgrading the memory of my laptop, An Acer Aspire 3023WLMi, which came with 2*256mb of PC-2700 memory. Does this mean that the laptop supports no more than PC-2700 or will it support PC-3200 and, if so, will the higher clockspeed make any noticable difference.

Thanks, Anthony

Relevancy 43%

Hey all Cant Second detected not - card graphics SLI seem to get the two Nvidia GTX to show up in my device manager I only get the one And there doesnt seem to be any SLI option in nvidia control panel l My Specs OS Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit CPU Intel R Core TM i - K Quad Graphics Nvidia GTX Motherboard P Z -V Memory gb Corsair DDR PSU Corsair TX Watt I was using a WATT PSU before so I upgraded to WATT PSU in hope it would easily cover it both GPU s are fitted in Second graphics card not detected - SLI the PCI-E amp slots as directed by the manual Ive tried running one card individually in each slot to see if its the slots but the GPU s work in both slots and same is said for both cards they both work individually There doesnt seem to be any options in the Mobo bios ive tried updating it to the latest version still no avail Ive tried uninstalling all drivers using drive sweep then reinstalling drivers version latest for one graphics card in PCI-E slot then taking it out and installing the drivers again for other in PCI-E slot then putting them both in Again no joy Ive got the little strip thing that runs between the slots on the outside of the graphics cards forgive cant remember name Tried with or without that Seriously stuck anyone got any clues nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/second-graphics-card-not-detected-sli.1052198/
Relevancy 43%
Relevancy 43%

Hello everybody First off I forgot to thank you guys for my previous problem which is now fixed thanks but now I m back with a even more puzzling problem My sound card isn t being detected It s a sound blasted Live and I simply don t know why I ve turned off the on-board audio via BIOS in the integrated devices version A Plus I have both the drivers off the dell website for Card Not Detected Audio the sound blaster audio and NEITHER want to download cause they say they can t detect the card Audio Card Not Detected Am I missing a -original- installation disk for the sound card If so it s lost and I need to get it another way Would creative com have it SIDE NOTE I m not sure what my exact sound card is So If someone could help me identify the sound card and where to get the original installation stuff be it creative com if they have it or some other form of help I d be most grateful I pray for a fast and compelling reply No doubt someone will be able to help - Thank you Whitefang nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Alright so about a year back i built myself a computer and bought a ASUS PCE-AC AC wireless adapter to use in the build Now i assumed it would work so i didn't really bother installing any drivers and soon forgot about it A year later i come across it and and i believe it's not installed correctly Please keep in mind that some of the names for link may not be correct as i'm translating them from Norwegian to English but that Network Help Not Card Detected, shouldn't be an issue Also as Network Card Not Detected, Help for the specs and OS Windows Home MSI GeForce GTX Gaming GB MSI Z -G Intel Core i - k HyperX Fury DDR MHz GB Red Corsair RM W PSU So here's what I've done so far on my own I've already checked in the device manager and it doesn't appear the thing's listed are the Broadcom onboard network card the realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and a bunch of WAN miniports so theres that When i looked in the BIOS it simply said it didn't quite recognize what was placed in the slot other than the fact that whatever was Network Card Not Detected, Help there was a network controller Sooo kinda I've also checked the card itself and it looks like it's put into the motherboard properly with the light glowing blue and everything Then i looked in the network connections Control panel - gt Network and Internet - gt network connections where it only showed my Ethernet and Wi-Fi the Wi-Fi being connected through the Broadcom -network card BUT THEN i saw a shimmer of light as i went into system information Typing system info into start screen - gt Components - gt Network - gt highlight card and voila there it showed up alongside the Realtek PCie GBE Family Controller Microsoft Kernel Network Card Not Detected, Help Debug Network Adapter Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter and all the WAN miniports But that's just about all i could find So now i turn to making a forum post any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/network-card-not-detected-help-4605157/
Relevancy 43%

Hi, I have a Lenovo T410 and I want connect my computer to the 3G. I have installed all the drivers available on the site of Lenovo, but when I try to install Lenovo Mobile Broadband Activation, I have an error saying that I haven't a supported wireless WAN card. An idea ? (Sorry for my english, I'm not really that fluent). Janine86

A:Wireless WAN card not detected

HelloThe app might say the true - wwan card isn't installed.Open Device Manager, Network adapters section. Is there device, broadband adapter related? If your laptop is produced for North America or Europe, most likely adapter is Gobi 2000. Or there might be unknown devices, or with errors.FYI, Mobile Broadband app is useless in European networks, France including.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Wireless-WAN-card-not-detected/td-p/3350762
Relevancy 43%

the sound card isnt shown in the device manager....it should be a plug and pray device so the drivers should be loaded after the restart but they arent...is this card messed up ?? any info is appreciated

Relevancy 43%

I have an ASUS PCE-N13 Wireless PCI-Express Adapter. This is my second wireless network card and I do not believe they were both defective. My device manager does not detect that card and I installed the driver on the CD that came with the network card. Anything I can do? Only a wired connection with an X mark shows on my task bar.

ASUS p8z68 v pro Motherboard
8 GB Corsair Vengeance
i5 2500k CPU
gtx 560 ti graphics card
500 W PSU

Thanks.

A:Wireless Card not being detected

Can you show us a Snip of your device manager with Network Adapter expanded? Have you tried the card in a different slot? Also go here and make sure your have the latest drivers ASUS p8z68 v pro Motherboard
and here for your wireless card drivers, latest is driver v.3.2.1.0 ASUS PCE-N13

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/182500-wireless-card-not-being-detected.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi I ve had excellent success getting help from this site in the past so I thought I d give it another go I recently bought a new graphics card for my also new compaq presario computer My com came with an nvidia geforce integrated card and I card Help! New not detected, graphics bought an nvidia geforce gt card Literally the day before I got this new card a friend brought over a gt card and threw it in my computer the card auto installed on startup and worked like a charm Starcraft looked great So with great confidence I tried installing my when it came in the mail today I plugged it into the only viable slot pci x or something and turned on my computer and there was no option to auto install drivers Not to be deterred I threw in New graphics card not detected, Help! the included install cd and installed the drivers that way but to no effect My computer still in no way recognized that the card was there I checked this by clicking run in the start menu I m running windows btw and typing dxdiag which is something I saw while googling around for help The resulting window said that currently my card was the card included with the com So after closer inspection I saw a power cable that came with the card it had pins and I saw only one possible place for it to be plugged into my New graphics card not detected, Help! psu so I plugged that in Now when I turned my computer on the moniter would not display anything the power light would glow or orange instead of blue whether it was plugged into the graphics card itself or in my computers VGA input Before without the graphics cards power cord plugged into the psu the moniter at least worked with my regular computers VGA slot My two cents on what s going on To me it seems like when the power cord is being used the graphics card is finally powered and therefore all I d need is to accept it installing the drivers like I did with my friends card although I ve already installed them with my install cd but the moniter can t display anything cause it s not yet installed I don t know what to do if I use the power cord I can t see but if I don t the card isn t detected Help I m posting this from my phone so I can give better info if needed soon nbsp

A:New graphics card not detected, Help!

Bump? Sorry I'm not good with computers if there is any major info I missed let me know and I can get it for you. I appreciate any help immensely.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphics-card-not-detected-help.926630/
Relevancy 43%

Hey Guys,  I am lost. I got my new GT750m5, removed the DVD, added the new card and nothing. I tried reinstalling the Nvidia drivers and nothing. IT doesn't even show up in the device manager. I even have the new 170w power adapter plugged in and the power management set to performance. Any ideas?  I also tried uninstalling the Intel display driver, then the Nvidia display driver and then I tried just installing the Nvidia driver (both the provided lenovo Nvidia driver and the newest 331.65). I keep getting errors about needing an intel driver installed first. Suggestions?

A:New y510p sli card not detected

This sounds like my situation: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/My-y500-laptop-cant-detect-second-y500-sli-...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/New-y510p-sli-card-not-detected/td-p/1312283
Relevancy 43%

Dell Latitude C810 laptop
Windows XP Professional

Lately (for reasons unknown to me) my laptop has been really sluggish and I have received the error notification (blue screen) that the nv4_disp file has some kind of error and is stuck in an infinite loop. I have done a system restore to about a month ago and things seem to be working better but I've noticed that in the device manager there is no video card listed under display adapters or anywhere for that matter. Shouldn't there be a video card there somewhere? I didn't disable a video card. Is there any way to get Windows to detect my video card short of opening the laptop and unplugging it and plugging it back in?

Relevancy 43%

Hihi Jumanji,

need your help again

could you please advise how to recover files from micro sd card, it was not detected

please advise
thank you

A:Micro Sd card not detected

There are many capable heads here who can help provided you give full details of your problem. I would advise you not to tag on to an old thread. Instead start a new thread and give full details of your problem.
For instance 1. make/manufacturer/capacity of the Micro SD Card 2. Where was it being used: a phone? a camera? with details of the device in which it was used 3. When it happened? Was there any precipitating factor you can think of?

Given below is a typical post by a user:

"I bought my Xperia Z a while ago, and with it, a micro SD card. I've been using the phone (with the sd card inserted) without any problems. I've stored my pictures, music, files, etc. in there and always worked fine.
Yesterday, I got a notification on my phone about a new software update. Once I got home, I had the phone updating only to discover that after it finished, my sd card is no longer detected...

Any help would be appreciated please."

The user here has more or less defined his problem and any missing data we can always query and get it.

A new thread will also attract the attention of many (and not only jumanji) and you are likely to get a resolution, when many heads put their thoughts and experiences. So even if jumanji fails, there would be someone else better equipped to deal with it.

So try and make a new thread on the above lines. Don't be afraid and go ahead. We are here to help you. But help us to help you by giving as much details as you can.

( In the above case do you know what was the resolution? "Sony apologises for Xperia Z sudden-death glitch" There was someone who instantly came out with this while others were desperately trying to analyse the problem to find a solution. No, I am not saying that this applies to your case, but see how the details given by the user helped nail the problem.)

So get on to a new thread. While I go to sleep a shortwhile from now, others will be there to work on it and help you. I shall see it only after another 10 hours.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340661-micro-sd-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 43%

Here is goes:

when I turned on my pc, monitors says "no input detected" . At first I think my monitor was the problem but when I connect it to my laptop it works. So I thought the problem is my video card but I inserted my old video card and it is still not detected. So I think its not the video card problem. Right now I just using my MoBo Graphics..

any replies would be much appreciated..thanks!

MoBo : MSI MS-7267
Video Card: GeForce 9500GT

A:Video CArd not detected

You can try the same cards in another Computer(if possible). If it works then it is the slot on the MoBo and if it doesn't then its the cards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/193481-video-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi

I recently had to reinstall XP and since then my graphics card (Geforce FX 5200) isn't detected in device manager, although the monitor is plugged into it and works fine.

Is it likely to be something to do with the motherboard drivers because I had to reinstall the onboard sound drivers for it?

I tried to install the latest Geforce drivers but the program said it couldn't detect a viable card either.
Thanks

Relevancy 43%

Hi, i've installed windows 7 yesterday and i found 2 problems that i want to resolve with your help.
My motherboard is the ASUS P5Q PRO and i've already download 5 or 6 drivers and nothing happen.
In device manager don't appear the Sound Device.

What's missing ?

The second problem is that my USB when i put something it always appears as Unknown Device, and i've tried with diferent objects

Help me please.

A:[HELP] No Sound Card Detected

Hi, Having a similar problem with a Medion laptop (Intel core duo 1.8GH and 3G ram) annd W7.
The Realtek sound card is showing in Device Manager and shown working correctly and indeed it plays CD or sound from streaming. However in Sound Control Panel the only device for playback is the speakers; and for recording only the microphone is listed. No mention of Realtek. Plugging a USB sound card in gives the same result; in Device mgr but only speakers and mike in Sound. This means I cannot do VOIP or record from streaming directly. I have to link the speaker output by 3.5 mm jacks to Mic input to record streaming. No good for VOIP. VOIP programs state no sound card found. Any ideas please?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/56065-help-no-sound-card-detected.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi, I'm new to the forums, so please forgive any errors on my part. I recently acquired a TOSHIBA T130D-001 Satellite Laptop (Its one of those small ones; doesnt even have a DVD drive). It worked fine for school purposes, but about a week ago, my wireless just stopped working. When I checked the device manager, it no longer showed up. So I'm wondering now, if there's anything I can do and does anyone have any instructions on how to open up this particular model? Thanks. I've provided a link to the specs, thank you.

http://web1.toshiba.ca/support/techsupport/productcontents/satellite/PST3LC-001006.htm

-Sabrehawk

Relevancy 43%

Alright so i decided i wanted a graphic card Graphic Detected Card Not New upgrade from the New Graphic Card Not Detected le on board one So i bought an New Graphic Card Not Detected XFX Ati Radeon HD I tried installing my new card the usual way First i disabled the on board one since i cant uninstall and remove it Second i put the new card in the PCI-E slot and attatched the -pin power cable Thirdly i plugged my monitor into the new card I booted up my computer and recieved no signal So i plugged it into on board display which still worked With it plugged in directly to the computer i got x resolution so i tried downloading and installing new drivers for my card That didnt work so i used CPUID CPU-Z to see if it recognizes my card but it shows nothing is there New Graphic Card Not Detected i went into dxdiag and under the display tab it shows i nothing i tried the xfx drivers cd but it gives me the quot could nt detect an xfx product quot Is my card faulty or is it my computer COMPUTER SPECS http h www hp com ewfrf wc d roduct ALSO i have a bfg tech watt PSU http www bfgtech com bfgr wgspsu aspx nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphic-card-not-detected.916519/
Relevancy 43%

I failed to install a PCI Lan Card, it seems that it can not be detected, and I found some posts here that upgrading bios might help. Does anyone know if bios has to be upgraded from v02.65 to 00.02.68 for the PCI slots to work ? Is there other known issue on v02.65 ? We really need to install dual Lan cards and have 2 isolated network with our desktop.  Please help. Million thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/PCI-Lan-card-can-not-be-detected-on-ProDesk-600-G1-SFF/td-p/5721421
Relevancy 43%

i`ve instaled today windows 7 build 7229 but it does not recognise my sound card ...
i have a integrated sound card, wich is disabled from msDOS, and another sound card wich it was suposed to work ...
i tried to install the driver manualy but it gave me an error that it doesn`t work on this platform ...
what should i do ?
i have to change my sound card?

A:no sound card detected :(

What drivers did you try? If Win 7 drivers are not available - try the Vista ones from your manufacturers website.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/13103-no-sound-card-detected.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey I need help with my computer as i cannot play the Sims anymore I get the following error Failed to find any DirectX c compatible graphics adapters in this system Please make sure you have a direct X c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer The application will now terminate I ve looked all over not Graphics card detected forums trying to find an answer but none have helped I ve run dxdiag and it says that there is no device and that the system is using the generic video driver Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer I don t know where it s gone wrong and this is all i know about my system Specifications SOLTEK System Model ERV BIOS Version American Megatrends Graphics card not detected Inc T Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Version x Family Model Stepping Speed MHz Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Hardware Video Card null DirectX Version DirectX c Any help would be appreciated the Sims used to work perfectly fine before Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-not-detected.829659/
Relevancy 43%

i have a dell n5010 it came along with windows 7 home...now since i formatted and installed ultra my graphics card integrated amd radeon is not detected,,installed the drivers as well instead i have a vga one giving a max of 12x7 resolution
one more thing i had a 64 bit home now i have ultra 32 bit...is it because of that?

its similar to this problem
Graphic Card not detected after format; drivers can't be installed

help plz!

A:graphics card not detected

As best as I can find, Dell has no listing of Windows 7 32 bit drivers, they only have 64 bit drivers. Perhaps if you could contact them, they could provide you one. Is there a reason you switched to 32 bit from 64 bit?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/243817-graphics-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 43%

Greetings, My new sound card arrived this morning. I plugged it into a PCI slot on my motherboard running Windows 10 64 bit with 4GB RAM.
Booting up the sound card was not detected and so I placed the driver CD into the CD drive and it came up with...

What should I run to make the card operational?
Any thought gratefully received,
s.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/sound-card-not-detected.311295/
Relevancy 43%

Hello,

I was hoping someone would be able to assist me. I have an ASUS 8An-SLI motherboard with NVIDIA running windows xp 32bit. Recently I had to change out my chipset fan, since then my sound card is not being detected. I have tried to search through device manager, control panel add new hardware, I have gone to asus and nvidia and downloaded drivers - although asus only pointed twoards realtek. A friend of mine built this computer about 4 years ago for me and I'm not sure if the audio is built into the motherboard or not. (the friend is unreachable for any advice) I first noticed no sound when I loaded up winamp and recieved a message saying bad direct sound driver.

Any ideas???

Thanks!

A:Sound Card Not Detected

are you running SP3?? SP3 and current windows fixes did fix some sound driver issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-not-detected.135555/
Relevancy 43%

Hello,

This is really really frustrating me.. blehh I've been trying to fix it since yesterday. After (accidentally) uninstalling stuff, I think I accidentally uninstalled something that made my computer not detect my sound card, only, I don't know what? Now.. I don't know how to fix the problem at all. I was trying to find the sound card's manufacturer, but I couldn't find it (no sound card detected.. ;>.>) Anyway, my computer specs are below, and I just hope someone can help!

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Dell Dimension DIMC521
AMD Sempron(tmm) processor
3400+
1.80 GHz, 448 MB Ram

Uhh hope that info helps anyone.

Relevancy 43%

Hi All,

I have a new tiny Micro SD card reader for my XP but the PC doesn't detect it when I plug it in the USB slot. The PC makes a noise ( when a piece of hardware has been plugged into the USB port) but when I look on 'My Computer' I cannot see it.

Any advice?

Cheers,

C h r e d g e.

A:Card reader not detected

Did you get a CD with software for it? If so try installing the software and it will tell you to plug it in. If that doesn't work then it maybe a problem with you usb ports.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/card-reader-not-detected.670369/
Relevancy 43%

h t t p w w w evga com articles asp lt ---Video card specs Ok I just got an upgrade from Vista to Windows plus I wanted to play Maple better on my crappy Slimline HP s n computer so I bought this card Mine is exactly the same but the MB model Everything went perfect for like around month Computer specs link --- gt h t t p h w w w hp com ewfrf wc document docname c amp lc en amp dlc en amp cc us amp product amp lang en One day I turned on the pc only to find out it didn t show any display on the monitor so I restarted but nothing seemed to change I looked at the connection detected not Video card on the back of the pc DVI to VGA adapter but eveything was good No beeps Video card not detected all fans working nothing loose So I had to change the monitor connection to the one on the motherboard and it worked When I logged in I noticed the PC slower so the st thing I did was to check for the Video Video card not detected card in device manager and It was not being displayed So now I had a bigger problem Unistalled the latest drivers from nVidia and reinstalled them went to a previous restore point around days back but nothing I even went into the BIOS to change the main video adaptar to PCI-E and to default settings nothing So im thinking quot the fan spins at least is getting power quot so at this point I don t know if is the PCI-E slot the card drivers BIOS or what the hell I went on to a friend s house to check the card but same thing happened well a little worse The card was getting power fan spin but the card wouldn t display anything and if we changed the connection back to the VGA slot on the motherboard it wouldn t work either The only time the PC could display anything was to boot it with out the card installed Back at my house I installed the card and went to sleep In the morning I turn on the pc and WTF The VGA slot in the motherboard now doesn t work now so the st thing I do is to put the adapter and try the video card slot and works GREAT But only for day I turned on the PC in the morning just to find out the same thing happends No display from the card and not detected by the system and fan spins Only one new thing comes to my mind the power supply might not be enough to handle the card since it says it neads a w power supply and mine s w but why would it work for several weeks and then not Any help nbsp

A:Video card not detected

Long story short

Its your Power Supply, you need a better one (say 450Watt will do)

Have a nice day

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-not-detected.138107/
Relevancy 43%

Background
I have an ASUS M4N78 Pro mother brd with build in sound. Window 7 did not detect the on board VIA1708S 8-chan High Definition Audio CODEC.

Current situation
I read Win 7 had problems with mother brd sound chips so I purchased an Auxentech X-Raider 7.1 PCI sound card.
When I attempt to install the Win7 drivers I get a small error window popping up saying " Please plug-in C-Media Audio Device device"

Can anyone help?
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/michel/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/michel/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

A:PCI Sound card not detected

mmino, welcome to the forums.

First make sure that the Via onboard is disabled in the bios. Next re-seat the card (maybe even try a different PCI slot) and try the driver again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/58394-pci-sound-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello i just bought myself a jewel for my gaming experience but when i plugged it in my video not card New detected pci slot it doesn't start The card is GF GTX INNO D GB -bit I unplugged my old card New video card not detected ati radeon hd went to the shop and came New video card not detected back with the new one I plugged it and i started the pc Nothing happened Then i switched the monitor into the mainboard and when the monitor flashed it was loading windows When windows loaded it was recognizing the old video card because it's driver was still there It didn't detect that i have plugged any new hardware When i insert and run the driver DVD included with my new card it also says that i don't have device compitable with the drivers it wants to install Truly i am with my generic mainboard video at the moment and at least it allows me to start my pc and try to solve the problem Is it that i don't have enough powerful supply Is it that the video card isn't compitable with my mainboard Is it that i haven't plugged it right it surely goes smooth into the slot but the card has my old card had power supply hubs to stick it in Tried both didn't work My power supply is Flotron W My processor and mainboard are AMD Phenom Quad-Core GHz GB RAM Motherboard ASUS M A -T AM OS Win Ultimate On the official website it says this A PCI-Express compliant motherboard with full size expansion slot gt x -pin PCI Express supplementary power connector i have plugged only will try how to plug the nd one too and see if it works

A:New video card not detected

Yip, the GTX 460 INNO3D requires both PCI-e 6pin power leads attached. 400W PSU is a bit low. A quality 450W is the lowest recommended.
You may also need to go into the motherboards BIOS and change the VGA detection order, so that it looks for a graphics card on the pci-e slot instead of using the onboard HD3300.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/114627-new-video-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 43%

I just had a friend send me an agp video card I followed the installation instructions that came with it but when I plugged the monitor into the new card there is no video detected I am not very smart with computers as far as tech stuff goes so I had a couple friends of mine who know a lot more than I do try and help They really couldn t figure out the problem either They re not looking at it I guess so kind of hard to figure out the issue I ll give information on my computer motherboard type as well as graphics card type below It is an AMD Athlon Processor GHz MB of RAM Running windows XP home edition service pack The graphics card is a Radeon HD Pro The motherboard is K V-MX S I m not sure what else to put as far as computer information I tried a few different things like disabling the display adaptor in device manager and when looking in BIOS it was set to AGP for primary graphics display or whatever If it ends up that it is the card itself can anyone tell me what Not AGP Detected Card Graphics kind of graphics cards would be compatible with my computer so I can go and purchase one I want to be able to play games Thankyou Anyway if someone could help me I would really appreciate it Thankyou nbsp

A:AGP Graphics Card Not Detected

I'm a little unclear on what you did. Are you saying you plugged in the monitor to the Radeon HD 2400 while the PC was still running? If I've misunderstood that, then when you boot up the PC, you are seeing the motherboard splash screen and can get into the BIOS? If so, then it just won't boot into Windows? Could you clarify?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/agp-graphics-card-not-detected.113249/