Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Acer aspire 5733 Plugged IN but no charge

Q: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Acer aspire 5733 Plugged IN but no charge

Hello all this is my first post on these forums, and hope you guys can help.

My cousins laptop had some issues with the os, so I installed windows 7 ultimate 64-Bit, but the issue is when I plug it in it will not charge, the battery LED says it is but the battery icon says it isn't.
Or sometimes it says its plugged in (The icon) for only a while then it says its unplugged, once I re plug it it will back to say its charging and then so on.
It actually says its charging and have done the power button hold, the Microsoft ACAPI thing in the Device Manager and nothing works. I have no clue what this is and if there is something that could help.
Thanks for the help and If you need more details feel free to ask.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Acer aspire 5733 Plugged IN but no charge

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Acer aspire 5733 Plugged IN but no charge

Welcome to the forums!

This will check your battery life. How old is this laptop? Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report

Does the battery charge at all? I mean , even if it says it isn't does it take and keep a charge?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282896-windows-7-ultimate-64-bit-acer-aspire-5733-plugged-but-no-charge.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Had big problems. Got software restore. Can't start from disc. Changed boot order, nothing. f8, f10, f12,got my no where. Won't start in safe mode. I don't have the options that the instructions with the discs say I should have. Here are my options:

1. IDE1: Pioneer DVD-RW DVRTD10RS
2. IDE0: WDC WD5000BPVT=22HX2T1
3. Network Boot: LEGACY PCI Device

1. Goes to eRecovery and just sticks there with a blue spinning wheel
2. Goes to f8 menu with no option for recovery or repair. When trying to start normally it goes to a blue screen with an error message that is gone to fast to read. Restarts
3. Goes to black screen with some unreadable stuff except for the word "failure". Restarts

I let eRecovery go for about 10 hours and it never booted up. Not sure what to do and tech support is a joke. Please help.

Relevancy 94.6%

hi, my brand new laptop, acer aspire 5733 556G50MNKK, connected to my network, but not with the internet.
can anyone help me with this??

Relevancy 92.88%

Hi guys Just looking for some help regarding my Acer aspire its only around a year old now and haven't had a problem like this with previous laptops desktops The problem started a few days start acer after aspire 5733 system to fails restore. ago acer aspire 5733 fails to start after system restore. when id forgotton to put the charger in while I was still using it and it eventually shut itself down After putting the charger in and switching it back on all seemed normall until around seconds after turning it on when the screen flashed blue with a lot of writing on which I could not work out then it went straight to the screen where you can either start normally or start acer aspire 5733 fails to start after system restore. using start up repair At acer aspire 5733 fails to start after system restore. first I pressed start normally which resulted in the blue flashing screen and a restart which took me back to the start normally or start up repair screen Then I pressed start using startup repair which lasted around hours before displaying a recent hardware change might be the problem which isn't the case as ive not replaced any hardware whatsoever I clicked send info to Microsoft for more info but im not sure if that makes a difference or not Anyway I was then presented with a box which had option for start up repair system restore Acer recovery management etc I couldn't perform a system restore as it said I dont have a restore point which I know I definitely created but for whatever reason was not shown I then performed a memory scan from the same screen which restarted the computer and displayed a blue screen and a grey progress bar it said in yellow writing no problems have yet been found after completion system will restart and show results of the scan next time it starts however after it restarted it did not show any results but went straight to the start normally or with start up repair screen after the blue flashing screen I pressed start with start up repair to get back to the screen that showed all the options and it did that in around a minute again telling me a recent hardware change might be the cause I then tried to do everything again several times to no effect so I decided to go into Acer recovery management where I had two options restore to factory settings or restore and retain user files I chose to restore and retain user files as I would like to keep my personal files I couldn't back them up on disk as there was no option to do that and I dont have original back up disks to restore from anyway the restore completed and restarted the machine with no problem and started to run through the initial setup the first screen displaying setup starting services for a good minutes were the screen then goes completely black and all the fans stop and goes completely quiet all would suggest it was switched off if it wasn't for the power light indicating it was still on after a few minutes the fans start spinning again and the screen stays completely black and then returns to the previous screen it was on before and then prestents me with a dialogue box that says windows could not complete the installation To install windows on this computer restart the installation Which I do and the whole process just repeats itself with the dialogue box and restarting like a cycle and is where im up to at this point I will gladly answer any more questions in more detail as I know this a brief explaination Thanks for taking the time to read this and any answers or help regarding this will be much appreciated thanks again guys

A:acer aspire 5733 fails to start after system restore.

Hi and welcome to the forums,

Are you able to boot into Advanced Boot Options at all?

Advanced Boot Options

If so, then try Last Know Good Configuration.

Failing that please refer to this tutorial:

Troubleshoot Windows Failure to Boot

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289732-acer-aspire-5733-fails-start-after-system-restore.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Alright, as the title explains, my computer won't use any form of headset's mic, like at all. Not even its own built in mic, please halp, and I know not **** about computers, so if you could like, explain in ******* terms, I would be incredibly grateful. It might help that I'm a computer gamer, so this would be awesome if you guys would help me. Thank you!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5733-wont-use-logitech-h390s-mic-but-picks-up-sound-wont-detect-voice-on-any-mic.194573/
Relevancy 82.56%

Good morning all I cam back home for a few days and my mother said she has a problem with Acer Windows Aspire with Freezes 7 Ultimate her laptop It's Acer Aspire Z CPU Intel Pentium T GHz Dual Core RAM GB and the OS is Windows Ultimate Service Pack The problem is that when Acer Aspire with Windows 7 Ultimate Freezes she uses Skype the whole PC freezes and the only way to fix it is manual restart I used it yesterday for some time and after h of skyping with video it did the same When I came home I cleaned the whole PC run the antivirus nothing found updated everything uninstalled tons of programs she didn't need I saw from another thread that people used Event Viewer to Acer Aspire with Windows 7 Ultimate Freezes see the errors This thing is FULL I will copy the errors that are around the time of freeze - because I really don't know that much Error Dhcp-Client Address Configuration State Event Error WMI None Warning Brother BrLog None Error Service Control Manager None Error Service Control Manager None Error Winlogon None Error Security-SPP None Warning Winlogon None Error Eventlog Event processing Warning k nd x None Error Kernel-EventTracing Session Critical Kernel-Power Error EventLog None The PC itself wasn't hot or anything it is even standing on a cooling pad Any suggestions what else can I try

A:Acer Aspire with Windows 7 Ultimate Freezes

oh ok, as I just saw the Critical is probably me pushing the Power button. So what the logs say happened before it, is the following:

Critical 16.5.2015 г. 23:18:58 ч. Kernel-Power 41 (63)
Error 16.5.2015 г. 23:19:13 ч. EventLog 6008 None
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:58:37 ч. LoadPerf 3006 None
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:55:54 ч. Dhcp-Client 1001 Address Configuration State Event
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:55:26 ч. WMI 10 None
Warning 16.5.2015 г. 10:54:49 ч. Search 1008 Search service
Warning 16.5.2015 г. 10:54:30 ч. Brother BrLog 1002 None
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:54:18 ч. Service Control Manager 7031 None
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:54:18 ч. Service Control Manager 7024 None
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:54:18 ч. Search 7010 Gatherer
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:54:18 ч. Search 3058 Gatherer
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:54:18 ч. Search 3028 Gatherer
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:54:18 ч. Search 3029 Gatherer
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:54:18 ч. Search 3029 Gatherer
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:54:18 ч. Search 9002 Search service
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:54:18 ч. Search 7042 Gatherer
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:54:18 ч. Search 7040 Gatherer
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:54:18 ч. Search 9000 Gatherer
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:54:18 ч. ESENT 455 (3)
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:54:00 ч. Service Control Manager 7000 None
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:54:00 ч. Service Control Manager 7009 None
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:53:54 ч. Winlogon 4103 None
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:53:54 ч. Security-SPP 8198 None
Warning 16.5.2015 г. 10:53:53 ч. Winlogon 4105 None
Warning 16.5.2015 г. 10:53:39 ч. k57nd60x 4 None
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:53:34 ч. Kernel-EventTracing 3 Session
Warning 16.5.2015 г. 10:53:07 ч. WLAN-AutoConfig 4001 None
Error 16.5.2015 г. 10:50:02 ч. SideBySide 33 None

Those are the closest errors. The other ones are from 7 in the morning.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-with-windows-7-ultimate-freezes-995810.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hey all,

I am new to this thread and hope you can help.

I have done an upgrade on my Aspire 4520 from Vista to Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Everything has worked well accept two problems I cannot seem to correct.

1. I can't find my "Coprocessor" Driver

2. Once I did a fresh install Bios and Windows 7 don't recognize my DVD-RW rom.

When in Bios, the driver will open and close, but it is not recognized past that, and I can't locate it anywhere in Windows.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Justin

A:Acer Aspire 4520 + Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Quote: Originally Posted by VietFusion

Hey all,

I am new to this thread and hope you can help.

I have done an upgrade on my Aspire 4520 from Vista to Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Everything has worked well accept two problems I cannot seem to correct.

1. I can't find my "Coprocessor" Driver

2. Once I did a fresh install Bios and Windows 7 don't recognize my DVD-RW rom.

When in Bios, the driver will open and close, but it is not recognized past that, and I can't locate it anywhere in Windows.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Justin

Hi Justin

1-co-processor may be fixed by a BIOS upgrade. Make sure you have a backup before you upgrade it.

2-What dvd drive?

3- System specs please

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/146140-acer-aspire-4520-windows-7-ultimate-64-bit.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi guys

I have a new copy of windows 7 64 can I install it on this laptop it has windows vista 32 by default.It came with a windows 7 32 home premium upgrade cd.

A:Windows 7 64 ultimate on Acer aspire 6930g

I recommend downloading and running the upgrade advisor tool:
Download details: Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/69482-windows-7-64-ultimate-acer-aspire-6930g.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have just tried to update the Bios on aa Acer aspire one zg5 after several attempts all I get now is a brief orange flicker from the charge led previously the unit worked fine on the mains adaptor. Have I damaged the internal power card by turning it of and on to much during this proccess? If so is it possible to get a replacement card?

A:Acer One ZG5 dead, only brief flicker on charge light when main adapter plugged in

Hi Gmeorge :wave:

Welcome to :grinthumb

You can read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.

System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-one-zg5-dead-only-brief-flicker-on-charge-light-when-main-adapter-plugged-in.168083/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi I cant get the sound to work under windows 7 ultimate 64 on my notebook acer Aspire 7738G and I have tryed the driver from the support site but i wont wok or just did somsing wrong

A:No sound windows 7 ultimate 64 acer Aspire 7738G

Is this the drivers you downloaded:

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/58301-no-sound-windows-7-ultimate-64-acer-aspire-7738g.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I have an Acer Aspire 4530 Notebook. And once I upgraded to 7 Ive noticed problems with the sound. I have the latest windows 7 Ultimate Drivers 64 Bit for the built in realtek card from the acer website.

This is my problem. Sound works fine. Then When I go to adjust the volume either from the bottom right icon or the dial on the front of the laptop, (Sometimes this happens its not a 100% thing which Is weird) the sound just stops. There are no error messages and or anything you just cant hear anything. And this only happens sometimes. To get it to work again I have to restart a few times or completely power it off.

Anyone have any idea what this is?

Thanks in Advance.

A:Windows 7 Ultimate SOund Problems On Acer Aspire 4530

Acer has a new BIOS version for your Notebook on thier support site, the date on the update is 11-17-09. It doesn't say anywhere that I could find just what that update was supposed to fix, so I am not sure if it would help you or not. Flashing a BIOS can be a tricky thing though, you might want to read up a bit if you have never actually done it before. You might try giving Acer support a call and see if they can give you more info on just what that BIOS update fixed before you try anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/40138-windows-7-ultimate-sound-problems-acer-aspire-4530-a.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi I've got a Acer Aspire notebook that serves me very well just upgraded from bit to bit all going smooth Except my co processor and a few other bits and peices aren't installed im missing the chipset driver easy you say download install it well i wish Acer being Drivers 7 64bit - Windows + 4520 Aspire Acer Ultimate useless as they are their bit win ultimate driver doesn't work complains that it wasn't designed for the os its currently running Drivers - Acer Aspire 4520 + Windows 7 64bit Ultimate on it was apparently designed for windows vista Drivers - Acer Aspire 4520 + Windows 7 64bit Ultimate some vista drivers do work on but not this one ive even run it in compatibility mode no Drivers - Acer Aspire 4520 + Windows 7 64bit Ultimate success the driver that doesn't work is located here Code http global-download acer com GDFiles Driver Chipset Chipset NVIDIA W x A zip acerid amp Step Notebook amp Step Aspire amp Step Aspire amp OS amp LC en amp BC Acer amp SC AAP I need to get this installed because with no drivers it keeps blue screening feeding bad data to kernel etc which is understandable By searching google theres every driver available for the Aspire except the chipset has anyone else got this laptop or over come this problem its driving me mental that every time i get the computer doing multiple tasks i get a blue screen please help there must be some way why would they release every driver but that one Thanks EDIT something else that might help is a screenshot of device mananger it shows what is not installed if i could install these even manually it would solve the issue

A:Drivers - Acer Aspire 4520 + Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

Quote: Originally Posted by armokk

Hi,

I've got a Acer Aspire 4520 notebook, that serves me very well.

just upgraded from 7 32bit to 7 64bit, all going smooth,

Except my co processor and a few other bits and peices aren't installed.. im missing the chipset driver... easy you say? download install it. well i wish...

Acer being useless as they are their 64bit win7 ultimate driver doesn't work. complains that it wasn't designed for the os its currently running on, it was apparently designed for windows vista. some vista drivers do work on 7 but not this one, ive even run it in compatibility mode, no success. the driver that doesn't work is located here

Code:
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Chipset/Chipset_NVIDIA_13.11_W7x64_A.zip?acerid=633990342487895794&Step1=Notebook&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire%204520&OS=701&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=AAP_9
I need to get this installed because with no drivers it keeps blue screening feeding bad data to kernel etc.... which is understandable.

By searching google theres every driver available for the Aspire 4520 except the chipset.... has anyone else got this laptop or over come this problem?

its driving me mental that every time i get the computer doing multiple tasks i get a blue screen.

please help, there must be some way. why would they release every driver but that one?

Thanks

*EDIT*

something else that might help is a screenshot of device mananger it shows what is not installed, if i could install these even manually it would solve the issue

i have no probs with it.i'm using 32 bit.u can find here 4 the driver:

Acer Aspire 4520 4520G Windows 7 Drivers (32-bit) | GetDriver

or
Windows XP and Acer Aspire 4520 - Download Aspire 4520 Windows XP Drivers

hope this can help u....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/56571-drivers-acer-aspire-4520-windows-7-64bit-ultimate.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Nearly two months ago my laptop was dropped and the display was pretty badly broken I had bought it at Charge Aspire Laptop Acer Won't Walmart less than a year before and had bought the protection plan for it I sent it to be fixed and they did fix the Acer Aspire Laptop Won't Charge screen However when I got it back I noticed that it will only recognize the power cord sometimes I called them and asked if I could have it looked at again and they sent another box for me to send it in I did I just got it back today and the repair summary mentioned nothing about my second repair request The same issue still exists I took it in to a local repair shop and of course it worked in the store but as soon as we got home it did not I have tried using other cords other outlets powering on and off and taking the battery out and just trying to turn it on with the power cord with nothing helping Usually I will leave it to sit for awhile and then it will recognize the charger and charge As of right now it will not What could be the problem and how can it be fixed nbsp

A:Acer Aspire Laptop Won't Charge

edit u covered my question already.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-laptop-wont-charge.1077785/
Relevancy 79.98%

help I'm soooo confused I'm trying to handle a lot of data over several disks Have a laptop on the network connected via a router and network drives and shares have been working well in Windows so far I've reached a point where I'd like to create shares using cmd I found and downloaded rmtshare exe and after some time I managed to create some network shares on a windows desktop using the command rmtshare computername sharename drive path grant user f remove everyone It works but When I try this on my laptop same OS however I get quot command failed error quot The interesting thing is I can create and delete network shares on the desktop computer DESKTOP when at the command prompt ON THE LAPTOP ACE but not vice versa rmtshare ACE returns the network shares but none can be added or removed Same user account pwd on both machines same OS same workgroup now too So I can create shares on the desktop computer from EITHER computer using for example rmtshare DESKTOP moreusers c users grant zephyr f remove everyone but when trying the equivalent on the laptop rmtshare ACE somemoreusers c users grant zephyr f remove everyone I 7 aspire ultimate d250) rmtshare one issues on (acer windows laptop get the error rmtshare computername works on both machines when calling both machines ie it lists all network rmtshare issues on windows 7 ultimate laptop (acer aspire one d250) shares but only shares to the desktop can be created Sharing via explorer using properties and the sharing tab works fine on the laptop it's only when setting up networks shares to the laptop from either the laptop or the desktop where I run into this issue Weird Anyone any ideas Hope this makes sense and thanks for any suggestions or advice THANKS Jonny

A:rmtshare issues on windows 7 ultimate laptop (acer aspire one d250)

well the rmtshare stopped working on both, but I'm still able to map networks, just unable to set "advanced" permissions on the share. Any info still, of course, most welcome

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/170783-rmtshare-issues-windows-7-ultimate-laptop-acer-aspire-one-d250.html
Relevancy 79.55%

The charge symbol comes on and off with beeps and the computer heats up with the fan going full blast. Any ideas. The laptop is 3 years old and never had charging problems before

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-Acer-Aspire-5951G-will-not-charge-whilst-the-processors-are/td-p/455648
Relevancy 79.55%

Acer Aspire 5534 battery flat and battery meter at 72% but not charging.

Thanks.

A:Acer Aspire 5534 battery won't charge

First check that the laptop works on mains power by removing the battery and having the a/c adapter plugged in.

if the laptop works on mains power okay, you need a new battery.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5534-battery-wont-charge-669424.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot, I'm new. I have an Acer Aspire 7736Z-4088 laptop. I do not remember the year it was purchased, but it has been a few years. This laptop and I have a love-hate relationship with each other. The laptop has sat idle for months because it stopped charging and I could no longer turn it on because the battery was dead. It has stopped charing before and I left it for months until it randomly decided to start charging again. Before it stopped charging the most recent time, the laptop would only charge if the charging cable was in a certain position. The charger I am using is a Targus charger. When plugged into an outlet, the charger light turns on, however when plugged into the laptop, nothing. Is my laptop battery completely useless and needs to be replaced? Or is it something to do with the charger or charging pin?

A:Acer Aspire laptop will not charge or turn on

Hello, First I would slightly straighten the contact springs of the DC-IN connector (inside).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-laptop-will-not-charge-or-turn-on/td-p/424511/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 79.12%

please help..
i got a acer aspire 3750G windows 7 ultimate

i cant find any launch manager windows 7 is suit for my 3750G
please Help~~~
i cant on my wifi using FN+F3 and addject brigtn with FN+left&right arrow

A:acer aspire 3750G windows 7 ultimate 32bits LAUNCH MANAGER PROBLEM

Quote: Originally Posted by kenneth881129

please help..
i got a acer aspire 3750G windows 7 ultimate

i cant find any launch manager windows 7 is suit for my 3750G
please Help~~~
i cant on my wifi using FN+F3 and addject brigtn with FN+left&right arrow

Hi Kenneth881129, Welcome to the forums , Have you tried visiting Acer's website and downloading the drivers from there Acer Support: Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook / Aspire / Aspire 3750G the drivers I have listed are for 32bit ,The touchpad and wifi drivers are available

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/195539-acer-aspire-3750g-windows-7-ultimate-32bits-launch-manager-problem.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello, I've only had the Acer Aspire One D250 laptop for less than a year, and the battery already started to fail. For some reason, it never charges up to 100% and after leaving it charging, the white light starts blinking
Akku Acer Aspire One D250,Adapter Acer Aspire One D250

A:my Laptop battery Acer Aspire One D250 won't charge to 100

What's the max charge it will hold? Also, what does this white blinking light mean exactly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/242806-my-laptop-battery-acer-aspire-one-d250-wont-charge-100-a.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I have an Acer Aspire ES - and the orange charge light is blinking If I unplug the AC Adapter the laptop shuts down and wont turn Aspire I and in it's have an ... plugged ES1-511 Acer on unless I plug it back in When running on AC power the battery icon in the taskbar reads plugged in not charging nbsp I have downloaded Battery Info View and it lists my battery at so it's almost new Last night I unplugged it and used the computer without issue until it reached Then the warning came on that my battery power was low I used it a bit longer until it shut off Then I plugged it back in and left it over I have an Acer Aspire ES1-511 and it's plugged in ... night This morning when I unplugged it to use it without AC power it wouldn't turn on until it was plugged back into the AC power nbsp I've tried the uninstall of the driver thing and reset of the battery There are no other issues that I am aware of with the computer nbsp If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them nbsp nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/I-have-an-Acer-Aspire-ES1-511-and-it-s-plugged-in-but-not/td-p/463916
Relevancy 77.83%

This started happening to me yesterday, and Im very unsure of what to do. I tried just leaving the computer plugged in but it stays at 1%. Sometimes I get an orange blinking light but thats when the laptop isn't plugged in and turned off? Any solutions besides replacing the battery? I want to leave that as a last resort.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V-1-available-plugged-in-charging/td-p/460197
Relevancy 77.83%

My laptop is barley two years old, I got it in Fall 2014, and just today when I plugged it in it would not charge. I took it to Best Buy and after 40 mins of looking at it in the back while I wait the guy comes back out and says I should just get a new laptop...this is ridiculous there has to be a way to fix it that doesn't involve spending anther $300. Up until today I have tried taking the best possible care of my laptop, I only plug it in when it needs to be charged so I don't short out the battery and I keep it in a case so the port won't get damaged. I never had any big issues until today...

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V3-472-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/467066
Relevancy 77.4%

hi guys first off all let me start by saying that i did not know how to exactly describe my problem so i just gave it a shot i have a acaer aspire reboots [moved 6920 acer Vista/7] from aspire charge when [SOLVED] on laptop that suddenly started to give problems [SOLVED] acer aspire 6920 reboots when on charge [moved from Vista/7] such freezing and random restarts i tried ti do a system restore but that does not work i have tried a new installation of win - [SOLVED] acer aspire 6920 reboots when on charge [moved from Vista/7] bit but always during the installation the laptop reboots all this time i had the charer plugged in i took out the hard drive and put it in an other laptop to do the fresh install of [SOLVED] acer aspire 6920 reboots when on charge [moved from Vista/7] windows now when i try to start my aspire back up with the freshly installed windows the pc goes into a reboot loop when plugged in charger when the charger is plugged out i can use the laptop normally till the battery is drained as soon as i plug in the charger the laptop reboots again and now for the strange part when i boot in safe mode i can use the charger just fine no reboots now i am very confused if i have not described the problem well pls ask for more info thx in advance Niguel Gunther Cinema Projection amp IT TBL Cinemas

A:[SOLVED] acer aspire 6920 reboots when on charge [moved from Vista/7]

Is the A/C adapter original?

Check MSCONFIG for start-up apps related to Acer Power. Uncheck box if found -
START | type msconfig

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-acer-aspire-6920-reboots-when-on-charge-moved-from-vista-7-a-544089.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Laptop is less than one month old and suddenly will not charge when connected via charge cable to power outlet.What do I do? Noticed previous discussions re earlier models, is ther a similar remedy? Please help.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Recently-bought-Acer-Aspire-R-11-plugged-in-to-recharge-all-day/td-p/462422
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey everyone,So I bought the Acer Aspire V Nitro black edition in October last year. It's been working like a charm ever since until suddenly today the laptop would just go black while i game. I thought the battery had died so i just plugged it in. But now the light is blue and my screen says battery is 100%, but if i remove the AC adapter, poof, laptop dies.Do i basically have no choice but to have the battery replaced or is there something i can do?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V-Nitro-only-works-when-plugged-in/td-p/446074
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey everyone,So I bought the Acer Aspire V Nitro black edition in October last year. It's been working like a charm ever since until suddenly today the laptop would just go black while i game. I thought the battery had died so i just plugged it in. But now the light is blue and my screen says battery is 100%, but if i remove the AC adapter, poof, laptop dies.Do i basically have no choice but to have the battery replaced or is there something i can do?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V-Nitro-only-works-when-plugged-in/td-p/446074/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 76.97%

My sister quot inherited quot a used Acer Aspire z from a friend of hers It was not at all well maintained so I decided the best thing to do would be to wipe it clean and install Windows XP I had a copy of XP already I had a few hang ups finding drivers but after some work I got everything functioning correctly When on, not turn Aspire will in Acer when 5610z plugged even I Acer Aspire 5610z will not turn on, even when plugged in finally got it working the battery would not hold a charge for more than about ten minutes it worked fine while plugged in but once unplugged the battery drained quickly I charged it for an entire night after I finished the downgrade and it still would not hold a charge so I m assuming the battery is shot And now today the laptop will not turn on at all even when plugged into a power source It worked fine as recently as last night but now the power indicator comes on for about a second and then turns back off A few things I m pretty sure the previous owner of this laptop did not maintain it very well at all and hardly ever used it so the battery was hardly ever charged I don t know if this makes a difference When he gave it to her he did not have the original charger so I had to buy one online The power supply I bought gets very hot when it s connected Again I don t know if this makes a difference but I found it odd I read somewhere that I should remove the battery and the power supply hold the power button for seconds re-insert the main power power on the computer and insert the battery I followed those steps but they did not work I suspect the battery is just shot But before I go and drop on a new battery I would like to make sure there is nothing else I can do I apologize for the lengthy post but I wanted to be as thorough as possible Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5610z will not turn on, even when plugged in

I would agree its a battery problem too.

Double check your power supply voltages and laptop power socket for damage, Other than that. New battery

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5610z-will-not-turn-on-even-when-plugged-in.165458/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi guys,

I've got my uncle's Acer Aspire 5536 that I am having some trouble with. He said that the laptop just decided not to work.

When I press the power button absolutely nothing happens.
When I plug my charger in, the power button lights up blue and so does the battery light (Orange when was charging, now blue).

There is still nothing happening when I press the power button though.

I've tried taking the battery and charger out and holding the power button for a few minutes then connect the charger, to no avail!

I popped the casing above the keyboard off to make sure that the power button wasn't just stuck. All seems fine.

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you

A:Acer Aspire 5536 Not Powering Up. Plugged in and Charges Battery Fine.

see if you get anything with the hard drive removed

any sound when you start like fan running

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5536-not-powering-up-plugged-in-and-charges-battery-fine.1070330/
Relevancy 73.1%

Big time. I have run the recovery for their back to the box settings. Prior to that used 3 cleaners and shut down WIFI.  The problems remain, can't update Windows, use restore, they are on the NEST thermostat and show as the WIFI. s password even tho' the router is totally unplugged.Any suggestions?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-5733-hacked/td-p/434380/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 73.1%

hi everyone.I have an ACER laptop Aspire 5733 with a 3Gb Ram that I m trying to increase to 8Gb. I bought 2 modules of 4gb each (http://www.kingston.com/en/memory/search/?partid=kvr13s9s8/4).from what I can see on the ACER specs (http://panam.acer.com/acerpanam/notebook/2011/Acer/Aspire/Aspire5733/Aspire5733sp2.shtml#sup_5) the max RAM supported is 8Gb.. unfortunately each time I try to insert the 2 new modules, W7 Home premium (64bit) wont load, and keep on getting an error message.. is there something I m missing there?Oli

A:RAM increase aspire 5733

Hello, Do you have the same issue with only one memory module of 4Gb?For information, here is an original memory module of 4Gb: Link.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/RAM-increase-aspire-5733/td-p/463727
Relevancy 72.24%

So I was looking around the Acer site because I can't seem to find the ACC application on my machine (Aspire 5733-6838) and found that there are no App/BIOS/Driver etc., etc. updates since 2013. Are there seriously none for it. I didn't figuer on "no longer supported" after only 3 years. I just want to make sure everything is as current as it can be. Any suggestions besides SlimDriver?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5733-6838-updates/td-p/436305/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi, I don't know if this is the right location for this question but I did not see my laptop in the list or understand the choices in the select location colum.  I started the recovery and I put in all the disks and I am now at the point where all the disks are out of the laptop and the software and updates are being installed. I got to the screen that says its installing sysprep-factory mode. The progress bar is full and its at 36 of 36 and after where it says installing sysprep-factory mode.... it has these pulsating dots that looks like its still loading info. but its been at this point for about ten hours now,( left it over night) is it frozen or is it posible it takes this long. Thanks for any help.

A:Hi, I am recovering my aspire 5733-6424 using the ...

Did it tell you to take out the last disk before it was completely finished?I would put it back in and see if it helps. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Hi-I-am-recovering-my-aspire-5733-6424-using-the-recovery-disk-I/td-p/437773
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi, I don't know if this is the right location for this question but I did not see my laptop in the list or understand the choices in the select location colum.  I started the recovery and I put in all the disks and I am now at the point where all the disks are out of the laptop and the software and updates are being installed. I got to the screen that says its installing sysprep-factory mode. The progress bar is full and its at 36 of 36 and after where it says installing sysprep-factory mode.... it has these pulsating dots that looks like its still loading info. but its been at this point for about ten hours now,( left it over night) is it frozen or is it posible it takes this long. Thanks for any help.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Hi-I-am-recovering-my-aspire-5733-6424-using-the-recovery-disk-I/td-p/437773/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 72.24%

This is a new laptop. Probably over my head. For some reason the full screen mode has changed to a black section on top and bottom. My display is set at 1600X1024 pixels. I have done nothing to change the screen appearance.
Automatic updates are activated and that is the only changes I have seen.
I would like to know how to effect a full screen picture without the top and bottom blackout. Also on IE my main page is just about 1/2 the center of the screen.
Pretty basic as is my knowledge! Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-ultimate-on-acer-aspire-8920-series-415420.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have an Acer - G MnkkI bought it back in it came with gb RAM finally decided to add some RAM to it since it has not been RAM working Acer not 5733 performing to well lately I bought this gb RAM http www takealot com kingston-val y PLID Specifications - KVR S S - Type DDR SODIMM- Capacity GB- Speed PC MHz- Size amp Bit M x - Pins pin- Single Rank x - CL VI installed it but Acer 5733 RAM not working when I put on the laptop it gets stuck in an automatic repair loop I have the free Windows - it originally had Windows I have tried to remove the old RAM and only use the new one but I still have the same problem It starts says Auto Repair goes to a blue error screen different error messages - Bad memory bad pool header system thread exception not handled and then restarts I initially thought there was a problem with the RAM I sent it back and got a new one but still having the same problem Acer 5733 RAM not working When I remove the new RAM everything starts up fine Am I missing something here Thanks in advance

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-5733-RAM-not-working/td-p/437621/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 70.95%

I installed it but when I put on the laptop it gets stuck in an automatic repair loop, I have the free Windows 10 - it originally had Windows 7.I have tried to remove the old RAM and only use the new one but I still have the same problem.It starts says Auto Repair, goes to a blue error screen (different error messages - Bad memory, bad pool header, system thread exception not handled) and then restarts.I initially thought there was a problem with the RAM, I sent it back and got a new one but still having the same problem.When I remove the new RAM everything starts up fine.Am I missing something here?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/I-have-an-Acer-5733-382G32Mnkk-I-bought-this-4gb-RAM-Kingston/td-p/437638/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 70.95%

I installed it but when I put on the laptop it gets stuck in an automatic repair loop, I have the free Windows 10 - it originally had Windows 7.I have tried to remove the old RAM and only use the new one but I still have the same problem.It starts says Auto Repair, goes to a blue error screen (different error messages - Bad memory, bad pool header, system thread exception not handled) and then restarts.I initially thought there was a problem with the RAM, I sent it back and got a new one but still having the same problem.When I remove the new RAM everything starts up fine.Am I missing something here?

A:I have an Acer 5733-382G32Mnkk, I bought this 4gb ...

You might be better off populating both slots with a 2x2GB or 2x4GB matched-set arrangements. You also might have better compatibility with crucial ram offerings specific to your particular Acer model. Jack E/NJ  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/I-have-an-Acer-5733-382G32Mnkk-I-bought-this-4gb-RAM-Kingston/td-p/437638
Relevancy 70.95%

On wireless, the screen of my brand new Acer 5733 keeps dimming down, no matter what I set the brightness level on Fn+ F3. Seems OK with mains connection, although flickers when connected. help appreciated

A:Acer 5733 screen keeps dimming

There`s probably a timer dimming the display to save power and I`m sure a bit of digging around in the power options will find the setting.

Jenny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-5733-screen-keeps-dimming.1066052/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello!

I have Acer Aspire 5733 notebook. I have searched all over the net XP drivers for wireless adapter Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter and couldn't find any. Also tried installing win7 drivers and many other that i digged up but none of them worked. Did anybody had similar problem, or knows how to help me. I know this is win7 forum but I'm out of solutions. Thank you. vendor: 168C; device: 0032. Official Acer website doesn't have xp drivers. Tried manual installation with add hardware but again zero effect. Notebook came with linux mee go.

A:Acer 5733 wireless driver

Free Driver Download for Atheros AR5BWB225 Wireless Network Adapter

Here seems to be a load of drivers, Please ensure your Running 32bit for 32bit drivers.

GoodLuck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/207725-acer-5733-wireless-driver.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I lost the shredder 64 file. I followed the instructions to restore the computer and after it finished it said it would reboot and to wait for the reboot. I did not reboot. There is a message on the screed that says "Setup is starting services" it never goes any farther. I tried the alt F10 and it did not work either. I bought this computer as a reconditioned unit and it worked perfectly until I tried to get the shredder 64 back. I tried putting a rescue disk in the D drive but it doesn't recognize it.

Jeff35

A:Acer 5733 Wont boot

Not enough information to help. Please run this. http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-5733-wont-boot.1140545/
Relevancy 70.52%

Ive done a clean install and in the midst of putting back on my programs, im getting the error battery plugged in , not charging, i uni stalled the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery in device manager, scanned for changes and its back again, still same error, any ideas pls, genuine dell charger and new battery which was charging yesterday, battery meter doesnt flag up any issues, any ideas pls ? thanks

A:Battery not chargin windows 7 64 bit error plugged in no charge

Hi Linda ... What percentage is the Battery at .. Also does it show up in the BIOS .. You are never out of trouble girl

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/299854-battery-not-chargin-windows-7-64-bit-error-plugged-no-charge.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi I just bought a refurbished HP Envy M laptop from PCWorld and for some reason when but Charging' in, says windows 'Plugged charge! 8 New doesn't laptop I plug in the New windows 8 laptop says 'Plugged in, Charging' but doesn't charge! charger the battery icon says 'plugged in charging' however it has been stuck on for over hours now The battery level on the icon increases at first i e it goes up and down showing it is charging for about a minute and then the icon stops moving at all When I got the laptop the battery level was about and I used it at first without charging it until it got to and now its been stuck ever since I would be extremely grateful if someone could shed some light on this issue for me I would take it back to PCWorld however I bought it from the ebay outlet and the only option they have given is either a full refund or a partial refund however I would prefer to keep this laptop and get this issue sorted out Thanks

A:New windows 8 laptop says 'Plugged in, Charging' but doesn't charge!

See > New laptop says 'Plugged in, Charging' but doesn't charge!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/new-windows-8-laptop-says-plugged-in-charging-but-doesnt-charge-717833.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi

I've got a Acer 5733 laptop and it's had nothing but problems.

Whilst under warranty, i returned it to acer for a faulty hard drive. They replaced it.

Once the warranty had expired, it happened again so i replaced the hard drive myself and reinstalled windows. It then happened again, so i assumed that it had been a faulty hard drive that i'd used, so i bought another and installed windows. This one has now also failed.

I'm pretty sure it's not worth fixing again but just wondering if anyone could shed any light on what's causing these issues all the time and whether there's a fix for it? It's been driving me mad!

Or should i just sell it for parts and call it quits?

Thanks for your help

Relevancy 68.8%

I recently purchased an ACER Aspire V - PG computer and when hooking it up to my receiver or TV via HDMI I cannot get audio to play I error in" for Aspire "not HDMI V3-572PG plugged audio ACER have tried going into Control Panel gt gt Sounds and setting HDMI as default but it HDMI audio "not plugged in" error for ACER Aspire V3-572PG seems that the system does not even recognize that the HDMI is plugged in at least not the audio component as the video is working fine It seems that I have all the latest drivers Windows High Definition Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio with the relevant driver apparently being the Windows High Def Audio Device driver I have downloaded more recent drivers from Windows Update Catalog but when I try to update them via Device Manager I get the message quot the most recent driver is already installed quot The HDMI cable does not appear to be an issue as it was working with the previous laptop and both cables have the same problem Any viable solution would be greatly appreciated I am going to try playing audio via the headphone jack but the HDMI port is preferred to minimize the of cables Thanks in advance Rob

A:HDMI audio "not plugged in" error for ACER Aspire V3-572PG

For anyone else having this issue, I happened to find a solution here: Digital Audio (HDMI) shows not Plugged In Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Community .. specifically, I used the Intel update tool to update the graphics driver. I somehow managed to install a newer Realtek driver (6.0.1.7378) before doing this, but it wasn't working until I updated the graphics driver. Now HDMI is plug n' play for both audio and video.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/62502-hdmi-audio-not-plugged-error-acer-aspire-v3-572pg.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey There First of all I'm a studend so I can't speek good english cause I live in Switzerland plz write in German if you can So my Problem I've found a Acer Aspire G with Windows Vista This was so slow and annoying So I deleded the whole OS and installed Win Home Premium x Now I'm searching some drivers for my Notebook My biggest Problem is the sound driver In Vista there was a tool called quot Acer eAudio Manager quot I want to install it because you can switch the equalizer to movie music with on Manager eAudio 7 Acer Aspire Windows Acer 5920G and game and it sounds awesome with the bassbooster D I've downloaded the driver from the website and there was a error quot This software can only be installed in authorized machine quot what can I do to Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 install this tool Some other tools like acer power management or acer enet management works great I thought I ask in this forum because there were some good topics about the mouspad and synaptic of the G wich helped Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 me D I hope you understand my question and can help me Greetings LikeLinux And yes I'm a real Linux fan I've used always Ubuntu This is the first time that I use Windows

A:Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7

Bing Translator

Try installing the driver in compatability mode.

Read this tutorial.
Compatibility Mode
Let us know if it works or does not work.
Mike

Installieren Sie den Treiber in Compatability Mode.

Lesen Sie dieses Tutorial.
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=de&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sevenforums.com%2Ftutorials%2F316-compatibility-mode.html

Lassen Sie uns wissen Sie, wenn es funktioniert oder nicht funktioniert.
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/133756-acer-eaudio-manager-acer-aspire-5920g-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My system is roughly months old I had used the upgrade software that Acer provided to upgrade from Vista to home premium There was no issues with the install and everything worked great for a month and then it started going in to Acer M3203 Windows software Acer's upgrade and Aspire 7 deep hibernation The only way to wake it was to unplug Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software the power from the tower I did everything I could think of from editing the registry to updating drivers to finally reinstalling everything No go so I packed it up and sent it back to Acer I just got it back from Acer's repair depot They had to replace the motherboard hard drive and fans on the system They performed a factory restore and told me that I was good to go and updating shouldn't be an issue I went to use the upgrade dvd's from Acer and low and behold the hibernation thing started again It took me four attempts to restore it back to factory Now it seems stable running Vista I am in the process up updating the drivers and windows stuff so time will tell Is it me or is Acer systems flakey Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can go about updating to Windows without having to format every week I have tried doing clean installs without going the upgrade path and it still behaves badly Sometimes it won't even turn on Or is it just possible that the pc I purchased just can't handle Windows

A:Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software

Are you booting the Acer Win7 Upgrade Media DVD to do a clean install? You can do that to get the cleanest possible install, without the corruption that is imported from Vista in an in-place Upgrade.

The installer is driver-complete, but afterwards any missing drivers which don't quickly arrive in Optional Windows Updates can be found on the apps/drivers CD along with favorite apps like Works, cam, etc. Others can be found on the Acer Support Downloads webpage for your model computer, Adobe (flash, Reader) and Java (runtime, free Ofc suite) sites.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/74525-acer-aspire-m3203-acers-windows-7-upgrade-software.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I do not have great computer nowledge so please keep it simple or point me towards a Tuition postthanks

A:JUST BOUGHT ACER ASPIRE WITH WINDOWS 8 and ACER BY...

Hello, You'll find here all informations about BYOC (Build Your Own Cloud).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/JUST-BOUGHT-ACER-ASPIRE-WITH-WINDOWS-8-and-ACER-BYOC-How-does/td-p/308814/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 63.21%

I do not have great computer nowledge so please keep it simple or point me towards a Tuition postthanks

A:JUST BOUGHT ACER ASPIRE WITH WINDOWS 8 and ACER BY...

Hello, You'll find here all informations about BYOC (Build Your Own Cloud).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/JUST-BOUGHT-ACER-ASPIRE-WITH-WINDOWS-8-and-ACER-BYOC-How-does/td-p/308814
Relevancy 63.21%

My Laptop won't charge when plug into the adaptor, the battery icon on the desktop says it's not plugged in but the light next to the computers charging point is shining white. I have managed to get it charging in some positions but I fear this is beacuse the computer's interior chargin point is loose

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-won-t-charge-when-plugged-in/td-p/5834961
Relevancy 63.21%

I have no idea what's going on. It was fine and then just says "plugged in, not charging". I only got this about a month ago. Wanted to see if anyone knows of something I can do from home to save the hassle of driving a few towns over to the warantee place. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Flex-3-plugged-in-won-t-charge/td-p/3438901
Relevancy 63.21%

Please help me!So my laptob will not charge while plugged in and TURNED ON. It will only charge when the laptob is off and plugged in.I had tried changing the AC adapter AND the battery itself, same results. I also have trid almost every internet solution of turning off power/ removing battery / uninstalling "Microsoft AC adapter and Microsoft ACPI Compliant control method battery" / then powering it on ----- I have tried all these steps. I come for help, please tell me what to do. This situation is killing me!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-laptop-will-not-charge-while-plugged-in-and-ON-only-will/td-p/5620985
Relevancy 63.21%

I have two Lenovo Y - computers that I purchased within a couple weeks of each other nbsp They came with Windows but I upgraded to Windows nbsp A few months ago I noticed that my computer battery meter was reading in not ch... will not - charge battery Y40-70 plugged for an hour nbsp I continued to work unplugged until the battery died while still reading nbsp I recharged and the battery again read for more than a couple hours then died nbsp So the battery lifetime is as good as always but the reading is not right nbsp When I reboot it still reads nbsp Strangely Y40-70 battery will not charge - plugged in not ch... the second system whcih I had not used for a while was OK but a few days later it started doing the same thing though it was reading the charge when the computer last worked right nbsp I suscpect that this happened after a critical update which the second system went through later nbsp Recently I downloaded from the Lenovo website the newer power management software Y40-70 battery will not charge - plugged in not ch... on both computers and it did not help nbsp Then I noticed the Battery recall so downloaded the Lenovo Battery Utility to see if my system was afffected by the problem nbsp When I run the utility I get the mssage No Battery Detect nbsp So it would appear that there may be an Y40-70 battery will not charge - plugged in not ch... issue with the software detecting the batter nbsp Since I can't know the state of the battery it appears to not want to recharge until it's empty I gues because it thinks it's charged I cannot count on this computer when it's not plugged in nbsp Now I am in a bind nbsp I bought two comptures so that I would have one as a backup am leaving for a business trip in a week where I need to give a talk at a conference so need to approach the podium with the system unplugged and I have no working computer that I can count on nbsp I would buy a battery with expedited shipping if I thought this would work but I beleive it may be an issue with the OS nbsp What should I do nbsp I have two top-of-the-line systems GB SSD GB ram for whcih I paid a pretty penny and now I might have to make a quick laptop purchase for this important trip nbsp Not the stress I need at this tiem nbsp Is there a untility that I can run to isolate the problem nbsp Help

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y40-70-battery-will-not-charge-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/3328497
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I have recently been speaking to someone in the Malware forum to in not Plugged Charge Does Computer try and get rid of a virus He told me Plugged in Computer Does not Charge that now everything looks good on my system and that my new problem would have to be software hardware related and I should come over here and talk When I plus in my charger it does not charge the battery I had this problem before so I took the charger to the store and got a new one For a while it was charging and then just last night it stopped charging again Basically I have about minutes left on my computer and if I use that up I will not be able to turn on my computer again The recent occurence happened after on the other forum I did a cleaning of Windows I am not sure if the two are related but I would really like to be able to use my computer and not have it shut off permanently I have posted a link to my other conversations on the Malware forum Please help Possible Virus on Windows - Page - Tech Support Forum I really appreciate your time on this matter William

A:Plugged in Computer Does not Charge

Hi ok what is the make and model of your laptop, have you tried removing the battery and AC Adapter and hold down the power button for 30 seconds then plug in the AC Adapter and try booting if it boots add back the battery and see how it goes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/plugged-in-computer-does-not-charge-695405.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have my latop plugged in, but it won't charge. I've tried turning it on, but all I get is a orange light, which I understand is the indication the battery is low. What I don't understand is, if it's plugged in, shouldn't the laptop come on? I have a Dell Latitude D620. Any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19735068
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a Inspiron 17R SE-7720.  The battery is no longer charging, even when it is plugged in with the AC adapter that came with the laptop.  The blue light on the plug is on when the adapter is plugged in.  Unfortunately the battery is now completely dead, so I am no longer able to turn the laptop on.  Before the battery died, I checked the BIOS and noted that it was not registering the AC adapter.  Not sure where to go next with this issue.  Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

A:Battery does not charge when plugged in

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
We would suspect a hardware failure .Kindly check if you are able to run diagnostics on the system .
Kindly also private message the service tag of the system along with the email address.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981453
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi, I have an aspire E1 570 laptop, which stands unused for some time in the warehouse of my company. The battery does not charge when plugged in. If anybody faced similar problem, please help.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Battery-does-not-charge-when-plugged-in/td-p/459431
Relevancy 63.21%

My laptop is plugged in, but won't charge.I didn't get any messages, it's like nothing is plugged in. I've tried another charger that works, but it also doesn't work on my laptop.So the problem isn't my charger. I also tried taking out the battery and starting the laptop, but then the powerbutton and capslock light flash, and it won't start.When the battery was out, I pushed the power button for 30 sec. and put the battery back in, but that didn't help either. What can I do?    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Probook-450-won-t-charge-while-plugged-in/td-p/5642980
Relevancy 62.35%

Well, in the past when my battery is below 90%. It will start to charge untill 100% when plugged in.

Now i notice that it can only charge to 90% then stop. What is wrong?

A:Notabook battery won't charge to 100% when plugged in..

Maybe your battery can't hold a full charge.

Can you see the battery tray icon?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345528-notabook-battery-wont-charge-100-when-plugged.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey mangers I got win and suddenly i found the laptop turn off by its own so i tried to switch it on again but fail then i changed the battery from another inspiron laptop which is charged and switched my laptop on just Plugged charge and It charging the in says losing .. - again and looked at the battery icon and found It says .. Plugged in - charging and just losing the charge it saying plugged in - charging also the bulb on charging was lit after a while i found out that i am just losing charge and suddenly with out warning me the laptop turn off again so i went back to the inspiron nbsp have taken the battery from after connecting my laptop battery on and it was charging even when the laptop was plugged in while my laptop don t charge untill it is switched down and sometimes it dont charge the bettery while is is switched down so i really need your help and would like to know how to fix this By the way i tried much thing i have seen on youtube but nothing work thanks nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988195
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,my laptop battery will not charge when plugged in, it stays on 0%, ive purchased another battery from HP, but that hasnt solved the problem, Have tried to uninstall the Microsoft ACIP driver but didnt help, HP battery check comes up with UNKOWN , (93) the hp bios battery check shows unknown aswell, so stuck on this please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/PC-battery-wont-charge-when-plugged-in/td-p/5687234
Relevancy 62.35%

i have a hp g72 series computer that will only charge while the computeris on is if i only plug the power cord in less than halfway any ideas how to correct this issue

A:ac power cord will only charge when its only plugged in less...

Hi!, @tammieh: Welcome, to Forum !. Requirements for all countries or regions:The requirements, listed below, are applicable, to all countries or, regions:? The length  of the power cord set  must be at least 1.5m.  (5.0  ft)  and  no more, than 2.0 m (6.5 ft).? All power cord sets must be approved  by an acceptable accredited agency  responsible for evaluation in the  country or region where the power cord set will be used.? The power cord sets must have a minimum current capacity of 10 amps and a nominal voltage rating of 125 or  250 V AC, as required  by  each country or  region?s power system.? The appliance coupler must meet the mechanical configuration of an EN 60 320/IEC 320 Standard Sheet C13  connector for mating with the appliance inlet on the back of the computer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/ac-power-cord-will-only-charge-when-its-only-plugged-in-less/td-p/5603384
Relevancy 62.35%

I have an NV7802, original battery. Windows 10. Last night I noticed that the battery was not charging whike plugged in. I removed the battery, plugged the adapter in no power. Purchased an adapter this morning, battery charges for about 10 seconds. Battery is now dead and laptop will boot up when plugged in with the battery installed, lets me logon and then shuts off with no lights on the front panel. I think this a windows problem and I have notified them also.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

Relevancy 62.35%

I've had my laptop plugged in for a while now and it won't turn on. When I plug it up the light beside the charger turns white for a few seconds and then turns red.Any suggestions?

A:HP 2000 won't turn on/charge when plugged in

Hey Ctfields,  I'm sorry you're running into this issue. If the light is turning solid red/amber and not blinking, that means it is charging the battery.  What happens when you press the Power button? Does the light on it come on at all, blink or remain on? Do you hear any spinning sounds from the fan and/or drives in the computer? Do you see any image on the screen, whether it is just an HP logo or a black screen with a blinking cursor or anything at all? Do you hear Windows' startup sounds? Do you see the Caps/Num lock lights blinking? If so, please let me know how many times it blinks.  I would suggest trying a hard reset, if you haven't already. A hard reset will drain all of the residual electricity out of the unit and give it a clean boot state. This can solve a lot of mysterious no-boot situations. 1. Disconnect the AC Adapter and battery.2. Press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds, then release.3. Reinsert the battery and AC Adapter.4. Press the Power button to turn the computer on. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-2000-won-t-turn-on-charge-when-plugged-in/td-p/2755987
Relevancy 62.35%

My HP Compaq 6910p is plugged in but is not starting to charge I have charger that fits but unsure if it is the right charger battery completely dead and this gal told me to give some time how long will it take to start charging?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-HP-6910p-is-plugged-in-but-is-not-starting-charge/td-p/5845798
Relevancy 62.35%

I have an NV7802, original battery. Windows 10. Last night I noticed that the battery was not charging whike plugged in. I removed the battery, plugged the adapter in no power. Purchased an adapter this morning, battery charges for about 10 seconds. Battery is now dead and laptop will boot up when plugged in with the battery installed, lets me logon and then shuts off with no lights on the front panel. I think this a windows problem and I have notified them also.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/No-power-battery-does-not-charge-when-plugged-in/td-p/434445/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 62.35%

Some information on my PC nbsp Lenovo x Windows Version Build System Model - CMCTO WWSystem Type - x BIOS Version amp Date - LENOVO N ET W Two batteries Internal -cell battery amp hot-swappable -cell rear battery nbsp in plugged when Lenovo charge not does x250 My laptop charges normally when it is shut down charging up to every time but when it is turned on it does not want to charge nbsp I have tried the method presented in the following YouTube video https www youtube com watch v HFGfAKj xFM nbsp This method involves uninstalling my batteries under device manager Lenovo x250 does not charge when plugged in along with the AC adapter rebooting my PC after and then re-plugging my AC adapter in nbsp I have tried this method several times with different variations shutting down instead of restarting having the AC adapter plugged in when I am uninstalling the batteries removing the external battery and only uninstalling the internal battery etc etc as well all to no avail nbsp Also every time my computer boots up I get a small window that says Configuration system failed to initialize with the header saying Another instance is running Maybe this has something to do with the battery issue A picture of this error is here https www google com search q configuration system failed to initialize windows amp biw amp bih nbsp Thanks for the help

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Lenovo-x250-does-not-charge-when-plugged-in/td-p/3396578
Relevancy 61.49%

My z510 shows that plugged in, not charging.I tried to reinstall energy manger and to update the battery firmware.Also tried to uninstall Microsoft APCI but with battery, for some reason my notebook doesn't boot without battery.The only way it can charge is when I change to conservation mode and then back. But also works for some time and then stops charging. Thanks

A:Z510 battery will not charge - plugged in not char...

what do i do to fix the problem         battery pluged in not charging

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z510-battery-will-not-charge-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/3358784
Relevancy 61.49%

My laptop is a Samsung RV510, i purchased it brand new and upgraded the ram to 4GB.

Everything work's fine, apart from when i pull out or plug the charger in, it will re boot itself ?

If it's a fault i will just have to put up with it as the first time it was supposed to be delivered, it went missing for 2 weeks.

Help appreciated, thanks.

A:Laptop shut's down when charge is pulled out or plugged in?

Hi TDPUK, have a look at this trouble shooting guide Note PC Troubleshooting : Learn to troubleshoot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/153213-laptop-shuts-down-when-charge-pulled-out-plugged.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,I have a Lenovo Z50-70 running Windows 8.1. The laptop is relatively new, bought in Jan. 2015.Some time ago, the original battery suddenly started to have a problem where it would say 45% available, plugged in, not charging. No matter what fixes I tried (after looking through a lot of articles, posts, comments, etc.), nothing made the battery start charging again. It always stays at 45%. Also the battery light/indicator on the front of the laptop is always blinking white.So I got a new battery, put it in hoping that it would work and charge up to 100%, but the new battery is having exactly the same problem as the original old one! It will only charge up to 45%, then it says plugged in not charging. The battery light is again always blinking white.What do I do? How can this be fixed? What's going on?Appreciate any help. Thank you very much.

A:Lenovo Z50-70 battery plugged in not charging, won't charge no matter what I do

Sounds like it may be either the charger or the charging port at fault here.  However, I have a couple of questions...1. Does the battery charge increase at all if you leave the machine turned off and plugged in, or does it still report 45%?2. Does it power on when only on battery power?3. Was the new battery a new, genuine Lenovo part?There seem to be a lot of people reporting similar issues with this model unfortunately.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,156537.0.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Work laptop received October 2015 running Windows 7 Enterprise and the battery won't charge past 45%, even while plugged in.
I've tried the compressed air thing - no good
I've switched out power cords - no good
Switched between Balanced and Power Saver - no change
I'm running out of options, has anyone else experienced this?

A:Latitude E7450 battery won't charge past 45%, even while plugged in

Hi HKRIVERA,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Please update the BIOS to the latest available version from our Dell Support Site.
Also, check in BIOS <F2> what is the status of battery / adapter listed.
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).
Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682782
Relevancy 61.06%

Product Name nbsp HP not light charge "plugged and in, charging" Envy blinking HP ENVY -u dx x Convertible PCProduct Model -U dXOperating System Windows -bit When Purchased July nbsp The Problem The LED charging light flashes continuously even when powered off or plugged in and when the laptop is plugged in the battery simply will not charge nbsp nbsp Details nbsp This just started today nbsp When the laptop is plugged in it states plugged in not charging However the battery doesn't nbsp lose charge while HP Envy "plugged in, not charging" and blinking charge light it's plugged in It's like the computer is dependent upon the power cord and the battery is shot nbsp This is strange nbsp because I don't leave my laptop charging for long periods of time Thinking back my laptop has died at around charge since I purchased it nbsp What I've Tried turning it off and back oninstalling updates and restartingseeing if the laptop would charge while it's offswitching cordsswitching outletshours of browsing HP and other support forumsI'm hesitant to try any battery calibration or removal until I know whether my battery nbsp is removable Hopefully you all can help I also don't even know what the diagnosis of the problem is and don't want to spend money taking it in to nbsp get it fixed until I have a better idea nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Envy-quot-plugged-in-not-charging-quot-and-blinking/td-p/5763480
Relevancy 61.06%

I purchased a used Toshiba Satellite L305-D, it did not come with a power adapter. I purchased a new power adapter but soon learned the battery wasn't very good so I purchased a new battery. I shut the laptop down, put in the new battery and let it charge overnight. In the morning, it showed 100% charged. In an effort to "condition" the battery, I let it run on battery power until it shut down, then plugged it in to recharge. It first charged to 40% when I noticed it was not charging any longer. I unplugged it, plugged it back in and it started recharging again. It stopped again at 62%. I can't get it keep charging to 100%.

The system shows that it's plugged in, but not charging. When I unplug and replug back in the battery charge light will come on for a short time, then go out. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 60.63%

It has worked since I bought it around 6 weeks ago but for the last week or so the connection has failed randomly. Yesterday it stopped working totally. The windows diagnostic report says that Windows could not detect a properly installed network adaptor- and to re-install the driver.How do I do this?Thanks

A:Acer Aspire Acer Aspire Switch 10 will not connec...

Hi Mills,1. Get to Device Manager(Hold Windows Key & then tap letter "X")2. Under device manager check if you find any other Devices or unknown devices,. if yes you may need another computer to download the files from acersupport.com3. If Not expand network adapters, check if you see the Wireless adapter, Right click uninstall & restart the unit.4. If the Device is not detected underOthers / Unknown devices / network adapter, please contact Acer as it is a suspected Hardware Failure.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-Acer-Aspire-Switch-10-will-not-connect-to-wireless/td-p/344379/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

hi there everyone,
can anyone help,
Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180
i have these two computers and would like to know witch one i should upgrade,
wich one is the better computer- (
and when decided
what should i upgrade
and what are the best parts to use,
or the best way to do it,
and how do i know what parts are compatible
im not looking to spend a fortune,
but i dont mind spending a bit, as long as its worth it,
kind regards
edward

A:can anyone help, Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180

First, each model has multiple hardware specifications. So I have no way of knowing the hardware configurations of either unit that you have.

Second, upgrades are limited on OEM PC's. Your only options will be RAM and the video card. And in the case of the video card, the power supply may not be able to handle a decent card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-anyone-help-acer-aspire-m1610-or-acer-aspire-t180.1021214/
Relevancy 60.63%

What is the difference between these 2 Notebooks??? Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HAhttp://www.amazon.com/Acer-R3-131T-P7HA-Signature-Edition-Windows/dp/B014LGK1P2 Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P344http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-R3-131T-P344-11-6-inch-Notebook/dp/B012IBOCR0 The specs seem the same. Only difference I can tell is about $50 on amazon. Thanks.

A:Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HA vs. Acer Aspire R 11...

Well the P344 is blue. I have one that is hotrodded a bit (8GB, Samsung EVO SSD) - original 500GB is now in a USB 3.0 external - and I consider it the best of all my portable devices

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P7HA-vs-Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P344/td-p/417230/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

hi all I have 2 acre aspire laptops one is a acer aspire 5552 and the second one is 5551-a both of them has the black screen of death I have tried a external monitor tried new ram striped Botham down and reconnected everything back to the boards also have removed the battery and held the power button for 1 min + reconnected the battery and power cable with no success any help would be great .
many thanks
Gary

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5552-and-acer-aspire-5551-a.1165973/
Relevancy 60.2%

PC Specs: [According to DXDIAG]

Processor i7-5600U CPU @ 2.60 GHz (4 CPUs), ~ 2.6GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM
Direct X: 11

Display:

Intel HD Graphics 5500
Render:

NVIDIA GeForce 840M

Do you need sound and input?

Running off battery, fine. As soon as I plug it in, all hell breaks loose inside. Games are so laggy to the point that they are unplayable.

I do not have admin access but I have UniExtract (You'd be surprised at what it can do) and Access to C: Drive.

Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/69896-dell-latitute-e5450-game-lags-when-plugged-into-charge.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi i am looking for some advice,

A family member has an Acer Aspire One netbook, and they would like a Windows Operating system installed. I have already installed my copy of windows XP Home on my own identical netbook, which runs fairly well, but not great. So basically i would like to knw if i got Vista or 7, would either of those run better than XP?

The specs of the AA1 are:
16Gb SSD
1.6GHz Intel Atom N270
1Gb RAM DDR2

Thanks, Rob

A:Windows OS for Acer Aspire One?

Quote: Originally Posted by RobL700

Hi i am looking for some advice,

A family member has an Acer Aspire One netbook, and they would like a Windows Operating system installed. I have already installed my copy of windows XP Home on my own identical netbook, which runs fairly well, but not great. So basically i would like to knw if i got Vista or 7, would either of those run better than XP?

The specs of the AA1 are:
16Gb SSD
1.6GHz Intel Atom N270
1Gb RAM DDR2

Thanks, Rob

Windows 7(and Vista) needs more than just 16GB and it won't run properly with 1GB of RAM, you should upgrade your storage and add an additional 1GB of RAM

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/162557-windows-os-acer-aspire-one.html
Relevancy 58.48%

message does not meet minimum requiements . for other  drivers it was platform not supported . Drivers obviously untested before putting them up for download

A:using acer aspire p3 171 went to windows 10 went...

Same problem with my P3-171, the only VGA driver that works with mine is for Win 8.0. If I get an upgraded version to work I'll post.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/using-acer-aspire-p3-171-went-to-windows-10-went-and-got-the/td-p/372977/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.48%

my daughter brought her laptop round today saying widows crashed. after running many prog trying to clean it up i decided to re install windows 7.
but when i get to choose hard drive it shows disk 0 18gb saying oem reserved

so i followed your guide and get to list disk it says
Disk 0 online 18gb
Disk 1 invalid 299gb
then i cant get any further

A:windows 7 on acer aspire s3

Digging in beyond the published system specs we find that the model does have a 20gb SSD caching ship on the mobo, which would explain the 18gb good disk Diskpart reported: Acer Aspire S3-391 53314G52ADD Replacing the MSATA ssd? - Aspire - Laptop Tech Support That thread actually has the user installing the OS to the SSD which we've helped do on 30gb MSATA but never on one that small - though it obviously can be done.

The hard disk may be failing. Test it with the maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan. You can see the HD make by accessing it as shown in Taking apart Acer Aspire S3-391-6497 >> Inside my laptop or googling any serial for it listed in BIOS setup tabs.

If unable to find HD make use Seagate Seatools ISO burned to CD with Windows Image Burner, booted to run the full scan.

If it tests OK then work through the steps to Troubleshoot Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forum

If the disk has failed replace it to do a Clean Reinstall Windows 7. The best upgrade one can do nowadays is an SSD which is lightning fast, faster than buying a high end laptop without one.

Be aware that the Office Starter has been discontinued and we no longer even have access to a legacy download for it. But it can be replaced by free Open Office if you don't have another Office key available.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/363674-windows-7-acer-aspire-s3.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Ok i live in Germany a week ago i got chanse to download windows so i did it was working minutes after that my laptop blocked i turned him off and then on again came logo after that ask for my pass then my screen was black only arow was there i donno why i was downloading windows at all i use laptop only to watch movies i cant hear so thats the only e1 acer aspire 10 510,windows way to watch movies ok i gave it to my brother to fix it so he deleted some partipacion and try to put windows back again but say something about no boot disk press any key he downloaded recovery from his laptop asus but not working i buyed this laptop year ago i dont know anything about laptops and i dont want to buy new one its to expensive for me but to bring somewhere to fix it could be also very expensive just want to be able watch movies on it anyone know can that be fixed or i should buy new one My brother tryed to contact acer over chat and to acer aspire e1 510,windows 10 call but no one come on chat maybe someone can help me Pls nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:acer aspire e1 510,windows 10

Hello Poison Ivy2's brother. Yeah I kind of explained all that stuff already if you had a chance to read through this thread.  1. Put her BIOS back to defaults (F9) and then save and exit (F10).2. After you save and exit BIOS, go back in to BIOS and enable the Boot Menu3.  Go to your computer and use RUFUS to create installation media.  (follow instructions I gave you in previous posts)4.  If her computer came with Windows 8.1 w/ Bing, that vanilla Windows 8.1 iso isn't going to work, because it has a special "Bing" key and Microsoft won't activate it (Microsoft won't let you activate the vanilla Windows 8.1).  5. However you can download the Windows 10 iso and use RUFUS for UEFI only install.  Please read through all of my previous posts and links.    

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/acer-aspire-e1-510-windows-10/td-p/402295/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.48%

I bought a new PC a couple of weeks ago and it came with No windows recovery disc For twelve years I had a Windows XP home addition and over the years I had to either use the discs to recover a driver or had to rewrite the Windows 8.1 Aspire Acer whole thing If I remember maybe twice I went to google and believe it or not I found Acer Aspire Windows 8.1 a Youtube video of a guy unpacking the same PC as I have And I noticed He didnt get a disc either Is this common now where manufacturers dont send recovery disc It also didnt come with any windows or Acer literature all I got was a half page directions on where to plug things into So what are we supposed to do if something goes wrong and we need a backup I looked on the Acer web site and didnt see anything mentioned about it Does anyone know why they dont send recovery discs Never mind I found the soulution Acer doesnt give backup discs its all saved in a hidden file

A:Acer Aspire Windows 8.1

Glad that you found it.
Thanks for letting us know!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579892/acer-aspire-windows-81/
Relevancy 58.48%

message does not meet minimum requiements . for other  drivers it was platform not supported . Drivers obviously untested before putting them up for download

A:using acer aspire p3 171 went to windows 10 went...

Same problem with my P3-171, the only VGA driver that works with mine is for Win 8.0. If I get an upgraded version to work I'll post.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/using-acer-aspire-p3-171-went-to-windows-10-went-and-got-the/td-p/372977
Relevancy 58.48%

My laptop has not been used for several weeks and will not now start up-shows Acer Logo then a blank screen except for mouse pointerCan a anyone help?Thanksronswold 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E1-570-Windows-10/td-p/435115/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello.

I've downgraded my netbook - Acer Aspire One 725 from windows 7 to Windows XP SP3.

On Windows 7 it was very very slow and not usable.

On Windows XP the machine works quite fast and is not freezing.
The problem is that there's no SOUND.

The machine has AMD APU C-60 processor, its integrated with AMD Radeon HD 6290.

I've read somewhere that this netbook should have two sound chips, one in Radeon graphic card for HDMI output.

And one integrated in motherboard.

Am I right?

In device manager there is AMD High Definition Audio installed.

Aida64 shows two positions:
AMD Hudson-3 FCH - High Definition Audio Controller PCI
ATI Radeon HDMI @ AMD K14 - High Definition Audio Controller PCI

When I try to access volume control it says something like this: "no mixer device".

I would appreciate any help.
<peace>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-on-acer-aspire-one-725.1163956/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I have an Acer Aspire G which I purchased close to two years ago however due to windows getting clogged up with everything Acer Windows & Aspire I decided to reinstall windows I don't have a recovery disk for it and for some reason I was unable to format install through the recovery partition on the HDD So I chucked in Vista Home Premium -Bit OEM CD and proceeded with a format reinstall of windows However Acer Aspire & Windows with windows installed it's telling me that the serial the one on the bottom of the laptop is invalid After googling around I found that the key will only be accepted if I used the Acer recovery software which I don't have I am able to order one from them But I don't really want to pay dollars for something I basically already have Another source on the web told me that I can phone activate my Acer-OEM Serial through the phone But after later searching I found that some users have had Microsoft tell them to return it to Acer Acer Aspire & Windows So before I go calling Microsoft for the activation has anyone know anything about this Any help would be great Also I was Acer Aspire & Windows wondering if I would face any issues installing a fresh copy of Windows on this laptop I do have a CD key for the Vista DVD but it's installed on my dads computer and I don't want to see if activating it will actually work considering his PC is always connected to the net Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-and-windows-538809.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello, I'm trying to install Windows 7 on a Acer Aspire ES1 laptop, however I'm unable to find the SATA/AHCI driver to use in the installation (so Windows 7 can see the hard drive). Have anyone done this?, or know where I may find this driver? Regards,Martin

A:Windows 7 on Acer Aspire ES1?

If you can find the chipset driver it is in there, or get it from Intel.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Windows-7-on-Acer-Aspire-ES1/td-p/333071/jump-to/first-unread-message