Windows Support Forum

Unable to display current owner

Q: Unable to display current owner

Windows Ultimate x custom built system Two physical drives C and D formatted NTFS Unable owner display to current Computer crashed awhile back as a result of a power outage When it came back up everything seemed fine except that I can no longer access the Unable to display current owner root of D In Windows Explorer I can type in a path to a Unable to display current owner folder in the root of D such as quot D Photos quot but if I try to display the root of D I get quot Access Denied quot In Windows Explorer D is displayed with no 'size free' information Any attempt to access D whether with Windows Explorer or Command Line or via Disk Management always results in quot Access Denied quot Going to Properties of D Security tab I see the message quot You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings quot The only button available there is quot Advanced quot and clicking it brings me to the Permissions Auditing Owner and Effective Permissions tabs Each of those tabs simply says quot You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings quot except for the Owner tab which says quot Unable to display current owner quot I have tried the Registry file and tutorials at the beginning of this thread I have tried takeown and icacls commands from an Administrator-level command prompt and I have tried another Registry mod called quot Grant Admin Full Control quot Nothing has worked so far I have enabled the hidden Administrator account and logged into it and I have created a brand new administrator-level user account and tried from there Neither approach was successful always giving me the messages described above My data isn't exactly in danger to the extent that I can remember the folder names but I'd really like to be able to access this drive normally again Does this sound like an ownership problem a permissions problem a corruption problem or what

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to display current owner

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unable to display current owner

Run chkdsk on D:

Disk Check

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284331-unable-display-current-owner.html
Relevancy 109.22%

I am having many problems with Vista since I loaded it, most critical is the error message ‘unable to display current owner’ when I try to access directories that have my files in them. I first get ‘access denied’ and when I try to see who owns it or change it I get the for above error. When I use Word and open files they only open in ‘read only’ and I have to save them to my desktop and use Computer and cut/paste it back into the file.

Any ideas?

Thanks HOGvsPC

A:Unable To Display Current Owner

You should be able to change file permissions by right-clicking on the file, Properties---Security---Advanced and set yourself the owner of the file then give yourself full control of the file. I too had the same issue with Office documents that I had created using Office on my XP install opening as read-only, which was fixed by altering the ownership & permissions. The "Unable to display current owner" I believe is because it was an XP user account that created the file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-display-current-owner.547264/
Relevancy 109.22%

I suspect this to be network-related, offline-related and possibly to an abandoned account.

Can someone shed some light on this?

A:Unable to display current owner

Have you read this?

pc is unable to display current owner

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/67081-unable-display-current-owner.html
Relevancy 109.22%

I am accessing another computer by read write rights to specific folders Today I was at the host computer and I saw a file that I deleted before still there When I was permanently deleting it it was going off but when I refresh it was coming back When I tried to just delete - recycle - it it told me that I didn't have the rights to do it When I checked the security options from the properties it showed the owner as quot Unable to display current owner quot and didn't let me to change the owner or delete the file What can I do in these kind of situations when current owner cannot be displayed or changed What could be causing this I understand the file can come from to host computer remote computer and one of the external drives which may have a different owner -remote computer controls all the external drives just some of Unable Owner! to Current Display the external drives has a creator owner in permissions also

A:Unable to Display Current Owner!

Try resetting all the privileges on the drive you are changing. perhaps even reset it's name on the network. I had this issue the other day and that fixed it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160028-unable-display-current-owner.html
Relevancy 109.22%

I can't access my second drive. In 'advanced security settings' for the whole drive - the Permission Tabs lists 2 accounts - SYSTEM and Administrators. But Owner Tab says 'unable to display current owner'.
In this tab you have the option to change owners - here's where I get stuck. The displayed option is only me (an administrator). I want to ad SYSTEM or Administrators for the whole drive - as I cannot access it.
You can then edit the list of users here - and magically - it lists Administrators and System as options. But then won't let me add them. Further more - this tab shows the current owner as Administrators. This Vista seems as mixed up as I. Any tips for this conflict plz?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-display-current-owner.831107/
Relevancy 107.93%

This is a problem that I ve seen a lot of things about but none that actually match my situation I recently got a new computer with windows premium home edition on it and I have a file that I wish to copy into another folder but it will not allow me If I attempt to run move or delete the file I get a message telling me that I need adminstrator privilages to do the action I to display Solved: Unable current owner. have figured out that it is because I do not have ownership of this file I have Solved: Unable to display current owner. attempted to change the ownership through the security tab of the properties but I do not have access to it Instead I get this message quot You do not have permission to view this object s security properties quot Where it tells me who the current owner is the box simply says quot Unable to display current owner quot I obviously need to take ownership of the file but I can t find out how It would be much appreciated if anyone had some ideas I am an administrator and for whatever reason home edition does not allow to me to use the default administrator account which is the only idea that I ve seen to fix this problem This not a file that I took from my old computer either nbsp

Relevancy 106.64%

I save a lot of files as PDFs Recently I saved a financial document to PDF and it seems to be secured somehow It's display to unable Denied Access owner. - current a pdf Adobe complains opening it complaining quot There was an error opening this document Access denied quot Instead of opening it with a right-click I tried starting Access Denied - unable to display current owner. Adobe and selecting the file The message was similar but different - quot You don't have permission to open this file Contact the file owner or an administrator to obtain permission quot I noticed from the file properties that instead of a user owning the file there is a zero value for the owner ID I try to change the owner using the following steps Right click the file and select Properties Select Security tabGet prompted quot To continue you must be an administrative user with permission to view this object's security properties Do you want to continue quot I select Continue - to elevate to admin privilegesI get the Owner tab message quot You do not have permission to view this object's security properties To view its security properties you can try taking ownership of the object To try taking ownership of the object select an account from the last and then click OK quot Also note that under Current owner it reports Unable to display current owner I select my account and press OK or Apply - either one This results in a pop-up dialog from Windows Security that says quot Unable to set new owner on scan pdf Access is denied quot OK is the only option and I am left with the problem I have tried a few things from my utility belt but have not been able to set the owner Suggestions

A:Access Denied - unable to display current owner.

Did you try opening Adobe Reader as administrator and then opening the file?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/335358-access-denied-unable-display-current-owner.html
Relevancy 96.32%

During a TrendMicro virus scan it found an archive that was infected A quick check of the archive Which I d grabbed months before but never ran showed it was actually an application so I went to shift del the file No sense dumping a virus into the recycle bin and poof it Permissions - No file owner delete of / Solved: current Unable file Cannot display to s gone Then I went to delete the folder it was in but it wouldn t let me Told me I didn t have the permissions to do so A quick check of the folder s contents revealed the virus app was back as if it had never been deleted If I try doing a regular delete it tells me Destination Folder Access Denied So I started poking around the file s security properties quot Unable Solved: Cannot delete file / No Permissions - Unable to display current owner of file to display current owner quot I tried changing the owner but it wouldn t let me do that I downloaded Unlocker right-clicked on the file and unlocked it but nothing seemed to happen and Solved: Cannot delete file / No Permissions - Unable to display current owner of file same results when I try to delete it I m running Vista -bit not connected to a local network Just one computer and I d really like to delete this virus app off my machine TrendMicro was unable to get rid of it and I can t seem to get rid of it either nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot delete file / No Permissions - Unable to display current owner of file

Ha, nevermind. Unlocker just took an enormous amount of time in actually starting up, and turns out the virus scanner had a process linked to the file. So, problem solved. Nothing to see here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-delete-file-no-permissions-unable-to-display-current-owner-of-file.869617/
Relevancy 95.89%

I am unable to change any permission for any folder . every option that supposed to be available for setting the permission is gray out!! , for some of my files I see the owner is "unable to display the current owner".

I have attached the 3 screen shots !!
please help me

A:permission problem "unable to display the current owner"

Do you have UAC toggled on?

you need to do that then take ownership of the folder(s) from the advanced properties.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/28216-permission-problem-unable-display-current-owner.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi,

I just tried to install the latest iTunes update, but keep getting an error when it tries to access the C:\Program Files\iPod folder.

When I try to access the iPod folder directly through Windows Explorer, I get "Access is denied".

The same happens when logged in with the system administrator account.

When I right-click the folder and choose Properties > Security, the Current owner field shows "Unable to display current owner." And it won't allow either of the listed administrator accounts to take ownership.

When I choose Properties > Security > Advanced > Owner, the Current owner field also shows "Unable to display current owner." And it won't allow me to Edit it either.

I've tried opening the Command Prompt as the administrator, and deleting the folder, but it won't allow me to do that either.

Any ideas on how to forcefully take ownership and/or delete this folder?

A:"Access is denied" - "Unable to display current owner"

Check in the file security tab that there isn't a deny entry for the user group "everybody"

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/201089-access-denied-unable-display-current-owner.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello guys .Happy new year!!!
I am running Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit SP2 on my HP machine.I cannot access my local drive D(contains saved my folders and files).I cannot change ownerships and permissions even though I am logged-in as an Administrator(only active account). The current owner is marked: "Unable to display current owner",therefore I get ACCESS DENIED when I try taking ownership.
SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relevancy 66.65%

Hello allI have some previous check formula use current What to or owner? to data that looks like the following A B What formula to use to check current or previous owner? C D E F G ID Name Date bought Date sold Numerator denominator Owner status Matt - - - - Sam - - - - Matt - - David - - - - Harold - - David - - - - Sam - - - - Matt - - Matt - - David - - As you can see it just lists some item IDs names of those who bought them the date they did and if they bought all of that item or they bought a share together with a colleague But how can I tag them as to weather they are the current owners or if they are previous owners of the item As you can see the data I have avalible returns a sale date for all shareholders when one of the shareholders are selling there share of the item They then get a new bought date But as you can see they still own some or all of that item What formula to use to check current or previous owner? so they are still currently owning it Any suggestions to a solution If column G could just return current or previous then that would be fine Thanks many times in advance Jacob

A:What formula to use to check current or previous owner?

JacobJ,Need more information on what exactly you are trying to do?This looks like some type of Stock Trading journal, or Time Share tracking.MIKEhttp://www.skeptic.com/message edited by mmcconaghy

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/what-formula-to-use-to-check-current-or-previous-owner/20087.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I have a program, which uses threads, running in both Windows and Unix environments.

In unix environment, the program is running fine but in Windows environment, I encounter 'java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException: current thread not owner'.

Can someone enlighten me on this inconsistent behaviour of threads in these two environments?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/java-lang-illegalmonitorstateexception-current-thread-not-owner.875707/
Relevancy 66.22%

I've had this before and I don't remember the concept behind fixing it. I want my method to wait until execution on another thread stops, the one started just before it.
Code:
public void addFiles(File[] theFiles)
{
GUI thisGUI = this;
FileParserThread thread = new FileParserThread(theFiles,thisGUI);
thread.start();
try {
wait();
} catch (InterruptedException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
}
refresh();
}
Console outputs:
Code:
Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException: current thread not owner
at java.lang.Object.notify(Native Method)
at GUI$FileParserThread.run(GUI.java:1166)

Relevancy 56.33%

I removed an internal hard drive from a PC that i don't use anymore. The hard drive has Vista Business installed on it. I want to use it as an external 1tb drive now. So I dock the drive on my new Thermaltake BlacX Duet HDD docking station and my laptop recognizes the drive but I have no access to it. I do some web searches and find that I need to change the ownership of the drive. I tried to change it and all I get is the "access denied" error popping up.

Any workarounds to access the drive? Or even format the drive for external use?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 55.47%

So my Avast has been acting up lately (can't bring it up) so I decided to uninstall it. Its folder on the C Drive was still there though, so I tried deleting it but I can't as it keeps giving me the 'Folder Access Denied' message where it says 'You require permission from Users to make changes to this folder'.

So I go to the advanced security settings for the folder and set 'Users (****-pc\Users)' as owner, but it still says that my access level is 'Read & execute' only, not 'Full control'. I still can't delete the folder; what the heck is happening?  

A:Unable to Delete Folder Even as Owner; Really Confused

Can you try this: http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker/Also where is the folder located?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517677/unable-to-delete-folder-even-as-owner;-really-confused/
Relevancy 55.04%

very play Registry settings or Permissions and computer broken........[[[[[XP MODEL S?M?LAR JOBS WORKS TRY]]]]]

play registry before... speed downloads and startup automatic TrustedInstaller.....
System reserved partition FORMAT before... speed downloads and startup automatic TrustedInstaller
now lower dowload speed and   Important a thing the trustedInstaller permission

how take registry current owner TrustedInstaller??
HKEY_LOCAL_MACH?NE AND HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT AND HKEY_USERS ALL,,delete TrustedInstaller and some CLS?D subkeys current owner TrustedInstaller available
how take registry TrustedInstaller?
win 7 64 bit ultimate

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/944b5d48-7afa-4687-a655-2ac38d841ac1/cant-see-quotquotregistry-current-owner-trustedinstaller-permissionquotquot-and-broken?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 54.18%

My motherboard fried possibly because of the fan stopping and I had to get a new one-that s where the problems began First there was a problem with the administrator password which nobody using the computer after to change-WindowsXP data Unable Pro access owner's motherboard put in but my friend got around that and then blue screen and not possible to access the computer which was Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro owner s password protected The message is quot access denied quot My friend made an image of Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro the drive and then tried to reinstall windows do the recovery console but it s not possible The way it is now is that there is user account with the Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro same name that it was owner s name but there is nothing there which was password protected The hard drive had GB of which I ve used about GB and I had about and some GB left but now it shows that there is about GB used and about GB free but only about GB is accessible How can I access my harddrive when it denies the user s password which worked fine before the crash and motherboard change I believe that my friend said that there is too many hardware changes and windows doesn t recognize it Any ideas will be appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro

Boot with your xp cd [cd set as first boot device in the bios] Choose install from the first menu. The next menu will show any previous xp installs and give you the option to repair the install. Choose your original xp install and let it repair for you.

After a repair install you will need to reinstall all updates, service pack 2, etc.

BTW you cannot just change a mb and expect the system to boot. Sometimes it will and sometimes it will not. If proprietary chipset / mb drivers were installed, it will not boot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-owners-data-after-motherboard-change-windowsxp-pro.266125/
Relevancy 54.18%

My motherboard fried possibly because of the fan stopping and I had to get a new one-that motherboard owner's after data change-WindowsXP Pro Unable to access s where the problems began First there was a problem with the administrator password which nobody using the computer put in but my friend got around that and then blue screen and not possible to access the computer which was owner s password protected The message is quot access denied quot My friend made an image of the drive and then tried to reinstall windows do the recovery console but it s not possible The way it is now is that there is user account with the same name that it was owner s name but there is nothing there which was password protected The hard drive had GB of which I ve used about GB and I had Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro about and some GB left but now it shows that Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro there is about GB used and about GB free but only about GB is accessible How can I access my harddrive when it denies the user s password which worked fine before the crash and motherboard change I believe that my friend said that there is too many hardware changes and windows doesn t recognize it Any ideas will be appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro

Boot with your xp cd [cd set as first boot device in the bios] Choose install from the first menu. The next menu will show any previous xp installs and give you the option to repair the install. Choose your original xp install and let it repair for you.

After a repair install you will need to reinstall all updates, service pack 2, etc.

BTW you cannot just change a mb and expect the system to boot. Sometimes it will and sometimes it will not. If proprietary chipset / mb drivers were installed, it will not boot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-owners-data-after-motherboard-change-windowsxp-pro.266125/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello, My Current Display Mode N/A and Render Part Of The Diagnostic Makes Me Feel Angry That My Nvidia cannot be Detect By System I want to use High End Application With Nvidia But seems like it doesn't work at all and i still using Intel Viga Card i want to use Nvidia and i want to let my Diagnostic Detect it any help ?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19993300
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello, does anyone know where the setting is, so that when im looking at a page over the internet while waiting for another to download, the current page im looking at will stay up? I can explain further if needed?

i thought it was a mouse setting but couldnt find it there.

A:current display page

Why don't you open the new page in a new window or a new tab so that the page you are on will stay up as long as you want?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/current-display-page-347551.html
Relevancy 53.32%

This picture shows how my name has been changed in User Accounts and in regedit, as displayed by running winver, but yet all my files are still found at C:\Users\Owner.
When I go to C:\Users, the Owner folder is locked and cannot be renamed even though my account type is administrator, as seen here.
How do I really change the name from Owner to a name of my choosing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changed-owner-name-in-regedit-user-accounts-but-files-are-still-at-c-users-owner.1064404/
Relevancy 53.32%

I purchased my HP from a big computer store with Vista home installed on it It was an out of the box sale I thought I could avoid a wait for the to new by Change owner/administrator held owner references all previous comptuer I wanted The company Change all references held by previous owner/administrator to new owner that sold it to me was listed as the administrator The old owner took off their password before I took possession of the computer I purchased I followed instructions on how to put on a password to start the computer However there are dozens of fiels named after the previous administrator I tried to find out how to change the administrator globally to my name There is still an administrator account name and it appears the previous administrator is still above my permission status - even though i am the computer owner don't think I am the ultimate administrator yet I read that not being able to use screen print was a result of not being the administrator I can't make the screen print work either I assume some members have dealt with these matters before I would greatly appreciate anyone directing me to some good quot how to fix quot information Thank you and boy do I miss XP

A:Change all references held by previous owner/administrator to new owner

Hi gerevent and welcome to the forums

See if you can solve your problems with the aid of the following Tutorial (and the links within).
Dwarf

Administrator Account

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/170721-change-all-references-held-previous-owner-administrator-new-owner.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I just bought a LIVING BOOKS software for my son and I installed it per the pop up instructions on the screen...but when I try to run/play it I get a "living books window" that states "Current display driver palette too small" What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Relevancy 52.46%

Problem: I go to a specific folder and change the view from Details to Icons. All the folders above and below this one (all the way up to Documents) have their view changed. How do I restrict the change only to the current folder?

I seem to remember that in previous versions of Windows I had this option. Now I can't find anything similar.

A:Limit Explorer display to current folder

What happens if, while looking at the folder, you right click, select View then the setting you want? For me it only changes the folder I'm looking at.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/313474-limit-explorer-display-current-folder.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Please help!

A client sends their data files to us on a CD. We copy the current files over what we have on our network. However, at my desk the current files on the CD do not display. I put the CD in my D drive, right click at Start to go into Explorer and highlight the D. Files are displayed, but they are old files with old dates. At first we were telling the client they didn't copy the files correctly. However, I discovered that if I put the CD in at someone else's computer, and use Explorer, more current files are displayed. So it's just my computer that isn't displaying the current CD contents.

This has us completely baffled! Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

A:Display of D: doesn't show current file

It could be that the software used to write the files to the CD uses a different UDF driver than is available on your PC. Try installing a few UDF drivers. (different software may use proprietary udf drivers) One other thing, check the PC it reads on and see if there is a CD writing program on it, if there is it's a good bet that you may need the UDF driver from the software manufacturer of that program, installing that software generally installs the driver as well.

http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=udf+driver&tg=dl-2001

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-of-d-doesnt-show-current-file.188512/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'd like the Task Scheduler to display the current time when a task begins. Something like:
"This task is beginning at {CURRENT_TIME}"
"This task has completed at {CURRENT_TIME}"

Thanks,
Burt

A:How do I display the current time in the Task Scheduler?

By default the task history is disabled. You can toggle History Enabled / Disabled in Actions pane on the right. You need to enable it to get the History tab for each task to show detailed task history.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/286855-how-do-i-display-current-time-task-scheduler.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I am working as a document controller. i work on document logs where i have to enter current status in alphabet (eg. 'A' for approved, 'B' for Approved as noted, 'C' for Revise & Resubmit & 'D' for Rejected & 'UR' for under Review).My question is that i want a formula to display the latest status in a column.Please help....

A:Formula to Display Current Status of Document/ Drawings

I'm not sure what you mean by "display the latest status in a column".Perhaps if you posted an short example of the layout of your worksheet, explained the process you use to record the status and showed us exactly what you want the outcome to be, we could be of some help.Please click on the following line and read the instructions on how to post example data in this forum.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/formula-to-display-current-status-of-document-drawings/19967.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Unable to create PIN to use instead of my current password. Tried several times to add a PIN as per instructions but kept getting error message "something went wrong. Try again later". I have done the same with my laptop without any problems but first time I tried to create a PIN for my desktop (Windows 10 Home 64-bit, free upgrade from win 7 more than a moth). Your help is much appreciated.

A:Unable to create PIN to use instead of my current password

Originally Posted by Daman16

Unable to create PIN to use instead of my current password. Tried several times to add a PIN as per instructions but kept getting error message "something went wrong. Try again later". I have done the same with my laptop without any problems but first time I tried to create a PIN for my desktop (Windows 10 Home 64-bit, free upgrade from win 7 more than a moth). Your help is much appreciated.

As I understand it one has to be logged onto the computer using the Microsoft account password and connected to the Internet before a PIN number can be assigned, least-ways that's how it worked for me.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/53087-unable-create-pin-use-instead-my-current-password.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently bought an Acer AX3810 with Vista 7 Home Premium 64 bit from the widow of my neighbor. I had transferred all his personal files and copied all the photographs to an external hard drive for her then deleted all the files using "Eraser". I cannot seem to be able to delete the previous owner as administrator. His file has a little padlock symbol on it. I changed his name to mine in the "Manage user accounts" but no matter, it is still "him" that is logged on. I created a new account in my name and then changed the status from standard to administrator but he is still "there". I feel like I am being haunted. Any ideas?

A:New owner but cannot remove previous owner as administrator

You could do a clean install: Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321987-new-owner-but-cannot-remove-previous-owner-administrator.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

I found this article: "How to Change the Title Bar Caption of the Command Prompt"

It explains nicely.  But I need to see only current directory path is displayed in the displays. If I launch command prompt from'C:\Users\Dell\Pictures\Camera Roll\' directory,
It show  'C:\Users\Dell\Pictures\Camera Roll>'.
But, I want to see this 'Camera Roll>'
Can anyone help?

Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6f3a72ec-9b60-4207-a5f9-db968259bd42/how-to-make-the-command-prompt-display-the-current-directory-path-only?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.74%

I ran combofix to get rid of a trojan virus.  I now see a pop-up stating that it was unable to create a backup of the current registry.  Then it asks if it should go ahead and continue with the restore anyway.  I'm inclined to click "no".  If anyone can offer advice on this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

A:Combofix unable to create a backup of the current registry

Combofix should only be run when supervised by a Virus Removal Expert as things can go bad. If you suspect a Trojan I would post in the Virus Removal Section and provide the logs requested in the Pinned topics. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617152/combofix-unable-to-create-a-backup-of-the-current-registry/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I saw this message earlier on my computer and I don't know what it means or how to fix it? Would some mind helping please. 

Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511566/wireless-error-unable-to-get-current-user-admin-status/
Relevancy 50.31%

I m currently using a Sitecom DC- modem and a Sitecom WL- router In order to play some online games and let others connect Unable modem to Solved: gaming server current host with to me I have to forward some ports to my computer I configured everything on my router but it didn t work I connected directly to my modem and it still didn t work Hoping it was software related I did a clean reboot but it still didn Solved: Unable to host gaming server with current modem t work I finally plugged in an old SMC modem and I was able to play my games online without Solved: Unable to host gaming server with current modem any problems I installed a port checker to see if a port is open or not when I m connected to my SMC modem the port I checked seems to be quot open quot and when I connect to my Sitecom modem the port checker gets a Solved: Unable to host gaming server with current modem time-out so I m guessing the port is quot closed quot I was wondering in what way I have to configure my modem to play the games I want I checked my modem s firewall settings and couldn t find much that could help me I ll give a small list of the current configuration that looks relevant My modem s firewall settings Packet Filter Forward all MAC Filter Forward all Intrusion Detection Disabled My modem s quot advanced quot settings Virtual server Disabled DMZ Disabled UPnP Enabled but cannot be disabled IGMP Disabled Writing this post I found out Plug and Play was enabled Could this be it I hope not because I tried disabling it but the modem didn t respond when trying to apply it Thanks in advance -Robert nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Haha, I don't know what else to call it, but how do you change the owner where it says C:/User/Owner

Thanks

A:How do I change the owner in C:/user/owner

Hello Nick, and welcome to Vista Forums.

The only way to change the C:\Users\Owner folder name is to create a new administrator account, then delete the old C:\Users\Owner account from within the new account. Be sure to copy the contents that you want to save from the old accounts user folders into the corresponding new account's user folders to restore them to the new account.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

P.S.
Is this you to?
User profile

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/218268-how-do-i-change-owner-c-user-owner.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I've a question about assigning ownership.
I'm logged in as user "Steph".
As Steph, I made a new folder "Documents_Steph".
Because she made the folder, she's owner of this folder.

Then I tried as Steph to assign ownership to a different user "User01".
But then I got the message "Unable to set new owner on.. Access denied"?
Though I thought that when you're owner of a file or folder, you can assign ownership to everyone?
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!!

Kind regards,

A:Error assigning ownership "Unable to set new owner on.. Access denied"

Quote: Originally Posted by cvdh

Hi,

Though I thought that when you're owner of a file or folder, you can assign ownership to everyone?
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!!
Kind regards,

Taking ownership of a file is a multi step process unless you use the "take ownership" shortcut which does all the work for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1911-take-ownership-shortcut.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/227797-error-assigning-ownership-unable-set-new-owner-access-denied.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Error assigning ownership "Unable to set new owner on.. Access denied" Hi,

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!!

Kind regards,

A:Error assigning ownership "Unable to set new owner on.. Access denied"

Well, you have to run as administrator in order to do that. Make sure the account you're using is an administrator account. Even if it is, run the explorer "as administrator". It will as you for permission, but not for the password - since you're already an administrator. After that it should work. Let us know if it does not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/227808-error-assigning-ownership-unable-set-new-owner-access-denied.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I had a folder on my Desktop that just won't delete I tried deleting it and moving it to another location to desktop Unable file - - move Security Tab to Unable Display from It deleted everything within the Unable to move file from desktop - Security Tab - Unable to Display folder yet the folder still remained I've been having the problem of Unable to move file from desktop - Security Tab - Unable to Display my Desktop not updating when files folders are deleted so I have to manually refresh after a delete to show it gone Well the folder decided to stick around I tried Renaming Deleting changing Folder Permissions Reboot of the Computer Nothing seems to help If I try to open the folder I get a quot Location is Not Available quot along with the quot Access Is Denied quot error Going to Properties gt Security prompts me that I don't have permission to view or edit permission settings Under Advanced says the same thing and for Owner it says quot Unable to Display Current Owner quot I'm running Windows I have tried looking as some of my questions seem silly most of the time - I looked at the link - Take Ownership Shortcut I hope that I have done it correctly I have trialled it on my desktop and it comes up with a CMD screen and then moves the file When I extracted the reg it warned me that it would alter some tmp files - I read the tutorial and I thought that what I did was fine I know not to take ownership of Windows I hope the following information assists and I just want assurance that I did it correctly or if I should have tried another means I would rather know that I have done something or I will try extracting to remove the reg Thanks people I was reading this but way too hard Runas

A:Unable to move file from desktop - Security Tab - Unable to Display

Try Unlocker. It's always good to have anyway. I've found it very stable and safe to use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/305388-unable-move-file-desktop-security-tab-unable-display.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Windows xp sp3 is installed on my desktop computer

I am trying to change the ownership of drive C:\ but it s giving following error

-: Unable to set new owner of " C:\" drive

Even Xp is not allowing me to change the permission of "Program Files" folder.

Please , help me in rectifying this error.

Thanks in Advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-set-new-owner-of-c-drive.1063760/
Relevancy 46.87%

I purchased a new desktop operating on Windows Vista Now since I do all my computing from home I On Any Computer? Change From Owner's Password Access Computer Can Owner have had little need of my very basic laptop The laptop is a panasonic toughbook pc that is still operating on windows I purchased it Feb I lent it to Can Owner Change Access Password On Owner's Computer From Any Computer? someone that has been a friend for about and a half years I lent it to friend because friend stressed the need of a computer NOW but offered to purchase it in increments LATER when financial situations could afford it Friend kept contact more frequently than usual to learn all of my laptop s operations After awhile friend s cell phone number changed and a variety of people are consistently saying that friend is never there at friend s known residence Finally some young child at friend s residence maybe a cousin or nephew told me that friend has moved Now I have no contact with friend Friend seems to have run off with my laptop for FREE and won t respond to e-mails I ve never had this much trouble contacting friend WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS Is there any way that I can CHANGE MY ACCESS PASSWORD ON MY LAPTOP FROM MY DESKTOP to better the chances of getting in contact with friend I have all the information on the laptop from the company that I purchased it from can obtain any information that I don t have from the company that has my information on laptop purchase and I created the original access password myself so I know what it is but I also gave it to friend Is there ANY WAY possible that an access password can be changed in this way I will even go as far as to purchase software for this purpose if it can t be done any other way Is there any software that can assist me I would rather try this way first before I consider pressing charges PLEASE HELP

A:Can Owner Change Access Password On Owner's Computer From Any Computer?

What you seek is prohibited on BleepingComputer. We do not assist is cracking, hackig, or otherwise circumventing security measures on any computer.No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.Source= RulesDo to the nature of the topic this Topic is Closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108730/can-owner-change-access-password-on-owners-computer-from-any-computer/
Relevancy 44.29%

OK, simply put I'm sick and tired of other programs running in the background hijacking my current window.

ie: I start a process in one window that may take awhile, switch to something else to work on... when the background process is done, depending on the program, it will often force itself to the front. VERY frustrating when you're working on something else, then some background task decided "No, I'm going to take you out of that form box your typing in because I'M coming to the front".

Is there a setting anywhere that can stop background program from hijacking the current window you're working in?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-a-setting-to-keep-current-window-always-current.621163/
Relevancy 43.43%

May I know is it possible to show domain user's "Display Name" instead of "User Logon Name" as owner in print queue? Our company's domain using generic "User Logon Name", i.e. 001, 002, 003 and so on, each "User Logon Name" will have personalized "Display Name", e.g. Mary, John etc., but a problem is when a print job printed by a user is hold in the print queue of a network printer, other users won't know who is it (the owner of the print job may shown as 001, 002 etc.) and so not able to ask that user to remove the print job. Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/show-users-display-name-instead-of-user-logon-name-as-owner-in-print-queue.616719/
Relevancy 42.57%

When I access certain sites, which are secure and require full registration, like my former employers, I get an intermttent failure to display pages which are "searching" for details. This could be for details of hotels or flights,for example. I am authorised to use these sites as I retired from my company and still retain certain rights. No other type of internet pages suffer this problem and the sites with the problems are not connected to each other in any way but are seperate companies. Toshiba L300-1AS laptop with Vista and using IE8. I have attempted to adjust "compatibility View" without any impact.

A:Unable To display

Are you working behind a proxy? If so, ask the two ITs if that's the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/unable-to-display-628092.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a new laptop-Acer Aspire AS5920-6313, and it will not load certain websites. It doesn't matter if it's IE7 or Firefox...same results. Google ends up being a blank page. I've tried turning off all security features on Vista. I bypassed the firewall on my router. I am using a wireless connection, although I believe I tried using a wired connection and got the same result. I can ping the web pages, but they will not load in the browser.

A couple of weeks ago, I was online and for a 2 hour period of time my internet worked perfectly, but the it went back to the way it was before...problems loading google and sometimes facebook...

Any suggestions would be appreciated. If you need more information, let me know.

A:Unable To Display Web Page

I had the same issue... my pc had an infection. You do any serious downloading lately?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157779/unable-to-display-web-page/
Relevancy 41.71%

I've read all the tutorials, I know how to select the second screen options, however, my Surface Pro and our Samsung Laptop both running Windows 8 cannot detect a second monitor/screen. We are connecting via the HDMI port, but it will not display no matter what option we choose nor whether we run it from the desktop or apps. Need help as this is what we use for work to display presentations for clients.

A:Unable to display to second screen

Did you try doing windows key + P ?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/32654-unable-display-second-screen.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Weird problem nbsp I'm running Win - bitMachine is an HP Folio mDocked in a slimline docking station nbsp If I use the extend Unable to display dual display port adaptors on the docking station the machine does not Unable to extend display recognize the second monitor as second but sees Unable to extend display it at a primar and duplicates the display nbsp In no configuration does it recognize that there is even a second monitor attached but my display is duplicated nbsp If I take the second DP plug out of the dock and plug it into the DP port on the side of the laptop suddenly the machine recognizes the second monitor and extends the display with no interaction nbsp nbsp nbsp I have reinstalled the graphics driver on the machine nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I have updated the firmware on the docking station nbsp nbsp I have a similar machine for my work and when I plug it into the same dock it works perfectly uses the two DP plugs in the dock and extends automatically nbsp nbsp Every bit of firmware on the laptop is up to date BIOS included nbsp nbsp Every Windows patch necessary has been applied nbsp I have tired everything short of rebuilding the OS which I am confident will work due to above nbsp nbsp Originally this laptop was built on one of the older docking stations with one DP port nbsp My working theory is that there is a registry setting which is only seeing the dock as the older version and therefore not allowing it to recognize that there is a second display nbsp Other than this quirk the machine works perfectly nbsp Any advice would be appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Unable-to-extend-display/td-p/5769430
Relevancy 41.71%

I have recently purchased a 40inch sony bravia LED TV and am wanting to hook it up to my computer. I am running a amd radeon 6870 with the hdmi in the TV and DVI in the monitor which is a 24inch Benq G2420HD.

When i try to extend the display using windows it says unable to save display settings. and when i try doing it with catalyst it says This operation is not supported based on current display configuration.

Does anyone know how to enable it so i can extend the desktop over the 2 displays.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-extend-display.985088/
Relevancy 41.71%

My IE7 is unable to display web pages. I am running a cable modem (Virgin Media) through a belkin Pre-N Wireless Router. The Main PC is connected to the router via ethernet, and I have a laptop and another PC connected via the wireless connection. (I get the same problem is I connect the modem directly to my main PC)

My laptop & other PC can successfully connect to the internet.

I spoke to my ISP and they took me through a few tests in the Command Prompt and advised me that the problem is my PC has somehow blocked Port 80.

The internet was access on this pc was lost following a powercut.

I run Norton Internet Security as my firewall.

Can you help me identify what has caused Port 80 to be blocked (ISP state it is not them)? and how I unblock it?

Regards
Happysapper

A:IE7 unable to display webpages

Hello and welcome to TSF ,

You might be better of asking this Question in a network section.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f134/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-unable-to-display-webpages-179010.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I know this issue has been raised many time previously.
I really wouldnt be re posting it if the replies I have found corrected the problem.
This plea for help is a result of me not finding what I need to fix the problem.

The problem is that I cannot bring up the Tools Menu. I have no little arrows arround the Help icon, the ALT key does not bring up any option for it, Right clicking doesnt help and I cant find anything in the existing menus.
My objective is to point WLM to my mail directory - which is not the default.

I am using - Windows 7 and
- WLM Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3508.1109)

Can this be resolved?

Thanks

A:Unable to display menu in WLM

Hello Tropix,

In Windows Live Mail 2011, the traditional Menu bar has been replaced with the ribbon bar tabs, and the drop down menu. You would just need to click on one of the tabs or the drop down menu arrow as in the screenshot below for these options now.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/158434-unable-display-menu-wlm.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Every so often my internet explorer suddenly stops displaying all web display to Unable pages web pages However my broadband connnection is still active and other programs are still able to use the connection as normal The problem is resolved most of the time by rebooting the pc until it happens again When displaying the properties for the web pages that cant be displayed i get the following Unable to display web pages res C WINDOWS system shdoclc dll dnserror htm followed by the web page that i was trying to access Im running windows xp with ie iv also ran spybot and adaware to clean my system Im also running zonealarm security suite and avg anivirus I havent installed any of these recently or changed any settings and internet explorer was running fine with with them for ages Ive downloaded hijackthis and this is my log file from a time that the problem occured Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS system sstray exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C program files advanced system optimizer memtuneup exe C program files BigFix BigFix exe C program files Aluria Software DrSpeed drspeed x exe C program files Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe C program files Common Files Sonic Shared cinetray exe C program files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings David Money My Documents HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www pir forums com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www evesham com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by evesham com O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe irprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run nForce Tray Options sstray exe r O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe O - HKLM Run Configuration Loader syscfg exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run ivytad C WINDOWS ivytad exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Commo... Read more

A:Unable to display web pages

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst. I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

Please be patient with me during this time.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools) so that you are notified when a reply has been made.

_POADB_

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unable-to-display-web-pages-47223.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello
I am recently unable to browse one website that we used to use a lot. Now, it just won't load and get 'unable to display webpage'
There have been no major changes to anything on the pc, and I added it to the list of allowed sites.

When I select 'repair' on the network connections, it says TCP/IP not enabled.

I am running IE7 with win XP sp2
I have the Norton suite, but disabling this makes no difference.

any thoughts..?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-display-webpage-ie7.614631/
Relevancy 41.71%

When I attempt to go to some websites I get quot Internet Eplorer unable to display webpage quot I tried to go to the same site in Firefox and I get a quot The server at www hypermart net is taking too long to respond I can access the same sites on my other computer which have IE I am using a Dlink router It seems like the problem started since I loaded to Unable display webpage Internet Explorer but not sure I tried resetting defaults deleting history Unable to display webpage and cookies etc but to no avail I ran the Hijackthis program and got Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at Unable to display webpage PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc Unable to display webpage exe C NVIDIA NETWOR Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C NVIDIA NETWOR bin nSvcIp exe C NVIDIA NETWOR bin nSvcLog exe C NVIDIA NETWOR Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmsrvc exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe C Documents and Settings Dad My Documents Computer Troubleshooting Computer Troubleshooting HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run nmapp quot C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exe quot -autorun -nosplash O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User NETWORK SERVICE ... Read more

A:Unable to display webpage

http://forums.techguy.org/security/582014-internet-unable-display-webpage.html

Please don't open another thread for the same problem. If you post in a wrong forum, use the red triangle to request that it be moved to the correct forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-display-webpage.582145/
Relevancy 41.28%

When I attempt to go webpage Internet to unable display to some websites I Internet unable to display webpage get quot Internet Eplorer unable to display webpage quot I tried to go to the same site in Firefox and I get a quot The server at www hypermart net is taking too long to respond I can access the same sites on my other computer which have IE I am using a Dlink router It seems like the problem started since I loaded Internet Explorer but not sure I tried resetting defaults deleting history and cookies etc but to no avail I ran the Hijackthis program and got Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C NVIDIA NETWOR Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C NVIDIA NETWOR bin nSvcIp exe C NVIDIA NETWOR bin nSvcLog exe C NVIDIA NETWOR Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmsrvc exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe C Documents and Settings Dad My Documents Computer Troubleshooting Computer Troubleshooting HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run nmapp quot C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exe quot -autorun -nosplash O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run MSMSGS... Read more

Relevancy 41.28%

Respected Asrock Technical Team Hello This Display. initialize unable Motherboard LCD to is Apoorva from Mumbai India I am using an Asrock Motherboard since February I am using Asrock G-DVI motherboard Yesterday I dis-assembled the Motherboard unable to initialize LCD Display. desktop PC by myself though this happened to be my first experience but I still went ahead and did it since my computer wasn t cleaned for approx months There was lots of dust inside the tower so I decided to clean the system by myself Here s what I did I Turned Off the computer and unplugged all the external cables including the Power cord from the tower cabinet I started removing all the components one by one such as Sata Hard Disk DDR RAMs Nvidia LE Graphics Card SATA DVD Writer Front Panel Audio Header amp USB Header cable Onboard etc from inside the tower Pls Note I don t have any Sound Card installed since there s an Onboard Realtek Sound Card available Next I unplugged Pin Motherboard ATX Power connector amp Pin CPU ATX V Connector from the motherboard After doing all of these I unscrewed probably screws securing the motherboard and also unlocked the four locks securing the CPU Fan and Heatsink and removed it After this I removed the motherboard and kept it on a newspaper since I didn t had Anti-static bag Now following is what I used for the cleaning Computer Servicing purpose Painter s brush Mid Size A Mini Rubber kind of Hand Pump Image http www eredirocca it immagini rocca mini-pompa jpg I P A Cleaner Following was mentioned on the plastic bottle used for a For any type of Circuit cleaner b Removes flox and dust from the PCB Circuit Board and Components c Method of applying by Cotton rubbing on PCB This was basically a circuit liquid cleaner and this liquid feels quiet cold when touched however the electronic store from where I purchased it said that this liquid can be used with a cotton to clean the motherboard and it won t affect it since this liquid tends to gets escaped in the air immediately Now I first started by cleaning all the components with the Painter s brush and Mini Hand Pump such as DDR RAM Nvidia Graphics Card DVD Writer WDC Sata HDD etc but didn t use Circuit liquid cleaner on them Now for motherboard following is what I did Since there was good amount of dust being accumulated on this Asrock Motherboard so I first moved the painter s brush all over the place to get rid of the brush sitting on the board Then I used the Mini Rubber Hand pump to blow air at as much speed as I can with the help of my right and left hands to get rid of all the dust After making sure that of the overall dust is out I took a bunch of Cotton and this I P A Circuit Liquid Cleaner and started cleaning the Motherboard with the cotton first dipped in the small quantity of Circuit Liquid Cleaner taken in a bowl and then spreading it all over the motherboard I did the cleaning on both side of this Asrock Motherboard After all the cleaning was done I kept this Motherboard in the Asrock Package Box which I preserved it right from the day I had purchased it since I didn t have an Anti-static bag In the mean time I also noticed that the Heatsink paste had dried out under the Heatsink Fan and on the board So I decided to apply a new Heatsink at the bottom of the Heatsink Fan I kept everything aside after this and was waiting for Motherboard to get dried out since the liquid was applied After hrs I removed the motherboard from the box and placed the Heatsink Fan on it secured all the four locks placed all the components back on the board and finally Re-assembled everything back in the Tower Cabinet After all this when I connected the VGA cable of my newly purchased Benq G HD LCD Monitor into the Onboard Graphics connector and when I power on the computer my system simply doesn t initialize The LCD Monitor s power button shows Solid Amber Orange light and just doesn t initialize and the display is completely blank Even when I attach it to Nvidia Graphics Card s V... Read more

Relevancy 41.28%

Hey all,

Today I bought an HDMI cable in order to have a dual monitor with my lg 42 inch tv. I updated my drivers and tried unplugging, restarting, etc. Under my control panel when I tell it to extend it will say unable to save display settings. I am not sure what to do. Does anyone have any advice. I run a radeon 6950 btw.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Unable to save display settings

Quote: Originally Posted by ealc

Hey all,

Today I bought an HDMI cable in order to have a dual monitor with my lg 42 inch tv. I updated my drivers and tried unplugging, restarting, etc. Under my control panel when I tell it to extend it will say unable to save display settings. I am not sure what to do. Does anyone have any advice. I run a radeon 6950 btw.

Any help would be appreciated.

you may have to investigate your monitor's display driver settings, it could be overriding your inputs, on restart..
see if it's included among Windows 7's start-up routine - use msconfig, and uncheck it from the boot sequence..

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/171649-unable-save-display-settings.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, I am Tushar, recently i have purchased a 2nd hand PC from my freind i.e. HP elite 8100 SFF PC. I have noticed that there was a vga card (Pegatron) installed in the system and i am using the card for the display. Because of the VGA card i am unable to start Graphic software i.e. Adobe Photoshop, & normal games which starts in minimal cofiguration but an error comes while starting the apps (Video memory is low 14mb).  I have formated the system twice and tried to start the motherboard VGA slot but it was unsuccessfull, I had also reset the bios setting but still facing the same problem.  Please help me to enable the Motherbord VGA slot.  Regards, Tushar Sarge

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Unable-to-get-display-from-Motherboards-VGA-slot/td-p/5654570
Relevancy 41.28%

I am using an Elitebook 840 G1 with a docking station. I want to connect three external HP Z27N monitors. The problem is that while I have two Displayports on the docking station and one on the laptop, I am not able to use all three at once. If the laptop is docked, I can use the ports on the docking station, but not the one on the laptop. I would vastly prefer to use the brand new $600 Z27N over an old VGA capable monitor for the 3rd display and I am hoping that there is a way. Oddly enough, I am able to use this configuraion with my older Elitebook 8460p, although the third monitor makes it overheat. Thanks! Dave

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Unable-to-use-3-Display-Ports-with-docked-840-G1/td-p/5632296
Relevancy 41.28%

I've been trying to Turn off my display using the power settings in Vista 64 which didn't work for me.
Tried using different programs like Mon0 1.1 etc, i downloaded from Cnet just to turn off my
display but all failed. Display keep turning back on, even when there's no programs running.
I think there are programs running at the background which i don't know what is it,
keeping my display or my computer from going to sleep mode. But seems too complicated for a novice
like me to understand how PC and OS works.

Is there anyway to put the display to sleep mode?
Can anyone help me? Thanks

I am running bootcamp vista 64 on my imac.

A:Unable to turn off Display in Vista

Didnt really solve my problem. Found out it's the problem with iMac bootcamp which Apple will likely fix. Something to do with the headphone in-put on iMac, windows can't sleep when it's plugged in.

Thanks all for help and viewing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284790/unable-to-turn-off-display-in-vista/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am using an Elitebook 840 G1 with a docking station. I want to connect three external HP Z27N monitors. The problem is that while I have two Displayports on the docking station and one on the laptop, I am not able to use all three at once. If the laptop is docked, I can use the ports on the docking station, but not the one on the laptop. I would vastly prefer to use the brand new $600 Z27N over an old VGA capable monitor for the 3rd display and I am hoping that there is a way. Oddly enough, I am able to use this configuraion with my older Elitebook 8460p, although the third monitor makes it overheat. Thanks! Dave

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Unable-to-use-3-Display-Ports-with-docked-840-G1/td-p/5632296
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello! At work we have some issues with our three months old computer HP ZBook G2 17 inch Mobile Workstation. The computer is connected to HP Advanced Docking Station. What I would like to do is to enable duplicate screen (computer screen and external monitor), but the Windows 7 Display settings keeps saying that is unable to save display settings, no matter if the external monitor is using DVI, DisplayPort or VGA cable. Only extended mode is available.

If I connect computer to external monitor without docking station, I can duplicate screen. I also tried to use another dock, but the problem still occur.

To fix this issue is really important for me because on this computer is also plugged in video projector.

Please, give me a solution!

A:Unable to save display settings

Does this model has 2 GPUs? If the display of laptop and the externals are using different cards then it will only do extent (at least that's how desktops work).

So try changing the active GPU if such setting apply or set in BIOS "discreet only" for graphics card. Maybe someone will tell how exactly to accomplish this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/373703-unable-save-display-settings.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I am trying to connect to an HP Elitedisplay E231 using a USB cable but my laptop does not detect the second display.  Any ideas what the issue could be?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Unable-to-connect-to-seond-display/td-p/5779367
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi there all I am running XP pro SP All my browsers are unable to display web pages I have tried countless things to attempt to fix Including WinSock Fix Winsock Fix TCP IP reset netsh reset commands Ad-Aware scan s amp d scan AVG scan combofix scan system file check scan and a few other utils i can't remember When I All pages. to display unable browsers web open IE it seems to want to re-direct somewhere immediately I can see the magnifying glass icon appear at the bottom left hand part of the screen like it does when the browser attempts a default search This all happens before I even type anything into All browsers unable to display web pages. the navigation bar If I attempt to connect to a local network IP address on my network I get the same issue as if it were trying to redirect somewhere IE goes step further and replaces what I have type with htp Firefox does not have the same re-direct symptom but the end result is the same Unable to display web page I also have apple's Saffari and it is unable to connect to any URL i enter If I time things correctly I can sometimes get IE to start spawing mutiple sessions of itself This happens if I open IE then close it before it can attempt to complete the re-direct Any application that replies on IE objects or winsock related stuff does not work either They are unable to connect beyond my computer I can connect to ip addres without the browser attempting to re-direct I am able to ping valid public dns ip addresses on the net such ad google com anf yahoo com As instructed I have downloaded DDS scan and have attached the following logs in a zip file to the email Thanks Dj Mumbles My restore points were either cleared by the malware or the tools I have used attempting to fix this problem Microsoft update fails to connect through the browser

A:All browsers unable to display web pages.

Hi all,

To any one who might be having a similar problem, here is what I did to fix/diagnose the problem.

I had suffered from an attack from Vundoo and DNSDownloader and another malware that redirected all my searches to other bogus search pages.

At this point I could no longer use Firefox to browse the web, it was telling me it was unable to connect to the site or display pages.

I was able to use IE to browse and al my other internet apps worked.

I then used SuperAntispyware to remove the redirect google problem.

If I recall correctly, this fixed the redirect problem with google.

It must of been when I rebooted the laptop (as apose to suspend it), that I could then no longer use IE or any other browser to broswe or connect (just like my problem with firefox, above).

I then used MalwareBytes to remove traces of Vundoo and DNSChanger or Downloader.

This did not fix my problem.

I used various other tools to perform further cleans, which did not fix the problem.

I had also performed all the System reset and fix it tools which, also did not fix the problem.

Ok, I post this message.... Get no response....

Drastic measures....

I upgrade XP to Vista Ultima.

This did not fix the problem....

I started then loaded the new Vista Intel Pro Wireless driver, coz I just upgraded to vista, da.

Installing the Vista drivers FIXED THE PROBLEM!!

So at 1 point in time, my wireless driver settings/config/file had become corrupt.

I had tried re-installing the XP driver when I was in XP, but did no restart between the un-install and the re-install of the driver.

I am assuming this did not cleanly remove the driver settings, and therefore re-installing had not effect.

Vista, probably has different network requirements and parameters and would require settings/config/files to be modified/upgraded.

Some sort of sanity check would probably be performed to ensure the new settings/config/files works.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/197952/all-browsers-unable-to-display-web-pages/
Relevancy 41.28%

Try to add an additional display language to my English installation of Windows 8 enterprise. Getting first the message "checking availability", then after 30 seconds "Connect to the Internet to check for language packs". Have a direct ADSL internet connection
without any proxy.

Thank you in advance for any help
Franz

A:Unable to add additional display language

i disabled wsus server since Windows server 2008 dont support addon on demand ... only server 2012 they have it ... i hope its a bug and a update come update the wsus to support Windows 8 on demand

... i see this bug because Windows need to install .net 3.5 and i cant because wsus dont know this policy

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a6854f04-0802-4dac-83f9-68c3a3e2de3c/unable-to-add-additional-display-language?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, I am Tushar, recently i have purchased a 2nd hand PC from my freind i.e. HP elite 8100 SFF PC. I have noticed that there was a vga card (Pegatron) installed in the system and i am using the card for the display. Because of the VGA card i am unable to start Graphic software i.e. Adobe Photoshop, & normal games which starts in minimal cofiguration but an error comes while starting the apps (Video memory is low 14mb).  I have formated the system twice and tried to start the motherboard VGA slot but it was unsuccessfull, I had also reset the bios setting but still facing the same problem.  Please help me to enable the Motherbord VGA slot.  Regards, Tushar Sarge

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Unable-to-get-display-from-Motherboards-VGA-slot/td-p/5654570
Relevancy 41.28%

I am unable to run a second display in portrait mode off HDMI or DisplayPort I want to rotate my screen am run display I mode in (off portrait a second HD... unable to degrees portrait style a widescreen verticle for reading code easier The Catalyst Control Center option is greyed out it is not available in Display Screen Resolution either nbsp Quick SpecsHP Envy t Win I am unable to run a second display in portrait mode (off HD... Pro bit i - qm gbRadeon HD M nbsp CCC version Intel HD All Video drivers are current I updated everything today only had the laptop hours now nbsp I read on another thread to regedit nbsp HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE Display RotationCaps from the right Side and set to http h www hp com t Notebook-Display-and-Video I am unable to run a second display in portrait mode (off HD... DV t-with-Radeon-HD- M-Can-t-rotate-displ nbsp That did not work for I am unable to run a second display in portrait mode (off HD... me the entry for Display RotationCaps nbsp also fell under for me I also tried to edit Display RotationCaps Display PortraitMode and Display PortraitMode in various reboots and configurations No luck on any of these I even created Display PortraitMode as it was not there nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:I am unable to run a second display in portrait mode (off HD...

I may start looking into the possibility that it is BIOS locked from HPI read a little bit about Intel's tool http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-boards-software-int... I am shocked susch a common feature is disabled and shocked that it is a shared graphics driver. Shocked being the nice word for this now of course. If anyone has some other advice it would be nice to hear. Otherwise I am going to start going deeper. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/I-am-unable-to-run-a-second-display-in-portrait-mode-off/td-p/1643217
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello, I am new to tech Support Guy and have a problem . I used a VGA cable to connect my Compaq Presario 2100 w/windows XP home edtion Laptop to my compaq S2022a Monitor.My desktop shows on the external monitor, but now that i'm ready to switch it back. I can't. Suggestions? ​

A:Unable to get display back on my laptop

What happens when you disconnect the cable?

Your laptop display should immediately turn on. If not, turn it off, then disconnect the cable, then turn it on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-get-display-back-on-my-laptop.1044399/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am unable to display Internet Pages I have good Internet connectivity i e good IP address and good Unable Internet Pages to Display e-mail connectivity however whenever I try to open Internet sites e g MSN Comcast Google etc I get the alert Unable to open page I have run Network Diagnostics for Windows XP with the following results Unable to Display Internet Pages HTTP HTTPS FTP Diagnostic -- warn FTP Passive Error connecting to ftp micorsoft com A connection with the server could not be establishedwarn HTTP Error connecting to www micorsoft com A connection with the server could not be establishedwarn HTTPS Error connecting to www micorsoft com A connection with the server could not be establishedwarn FTP Active Error connecting to ftp micorsoft com A connection with the server could not be establishedwarn HTTPS Error connecting to www passport net A connection with the server could not be establishedwarn HTTP Error connecting to www hotmail com A connection with the server could not be establishederror Could not make HTTP connectionerror Could not make HTTPS connectionerror Could not make FTP connectioninfo Redirecting user to support callGateway Diagnostic --info The following proxy configuration is being used by IE Automatically Detect Settings Disabled Automatic Configuration Script Proxy Server Proxy Bypass list info This computer has the following default gateway entry ies info available on request info This computer has the following IP address es info available on request info The default gateway is inn the same subnet as this computerinfo The default gateway entry is a valid unicast addressinfo The default gateway address was Unable to Display Internet Pages resolved via ARP in try ies info The default gatewas was reached via ICP Ping in try ies info Unable to Display Internet Pages TCP port on host was successfully reachedinfo The internet host www microsoft com was successfully reachedinfo The default gatewayis OKIP Layer Diagnostic -- Corrupted IP routing tableinfo The default route is validinfo The loopback route is validinfo The local host route is validinfo The local subnet route is validInvalid ARP cache entriesaction The ARP cache has been flushedIP Configuration Diagnostic --info Valid IP address detected info available upon request Secont HTTP HTTPS FTP Diagnostic -- run with same results as above We received a spurious e-mail that had a zip attachment with embedded file with jpg exe extenstion that I now believe may have caused a malware infection However when I ran Cyberdefender I received no reports of malware spyware viruses Prior to installing running Cyberdefender I tried to run Norton that was installed on the computer and it would not open I have gone through all possible troubleshooting with ISP provider ran SDFix manually uninstalled Norton all to no avail Any suggestions on how this problem my be cleared up short of completely rebuildiing the software configuration Running Windows XP SP

A:Unable to Display Internet Pages

Hello,Can you please verify something for me?I see several lines with this: Error 12029 connecting to ftp.micorsoft.com:Is that a direct quote, a copy and paste, or did you type that out?Also, do you know what you were trying to connect to when you got that error message?More questions: Is it all internet pages you are unable to connect to or is it only certain kinds? Which browser are you using when this happens? Does it happen with more than one browser?Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/234994/unable-to-display-internet-pages/
Relevancy 41.28%

quot Cannot Display This Video Mode quot is not an uncomon error However due to additional problem the regualar fixing method will not be sufficent My graphics card quot Nividia GT quot was buged simply due to to software gliches And so I reinstalled the driver to restore it After that I had to restart the computer as usual This is where the problem started & display mode boot to Cant unable to happen When restarting windows the proggress bar is shown as usual But when it gets to the login the screen goes blank and the message quot Cannot Display This Video Mode Cant boot & unable to display mode quot is displayed The usual repare is to boot up in quot Safe mode quot and change Cant boot & unable to display mode the display settings Unfortunatly I can not When booting the computer in that mode loading stops I belive this may be caused from a missing windows file but cant be certain I dont have another computer to conect my hard drive to so I cant access any files in it How can I get around this My only option I can see is is to change somthing in the BIOS But having went through it already I dont see what can be done with it nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for it, but it seemed appropriate as I'm trying to calibrate with the nvidia control center or the windows color calibration.

So I recently got a second monitor which is working beautifully, but the old monitor's color is off now. If I could adjust the colors via Nvidia or the windows calibrator it would solve the problem. When I adjust, for example, gamma, the changes occur as expected but then switch back to how they were after about a second.

The same thing happens with nvidia controls or windows controls.

Thanks for your time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-calibrate-display-colors.1015935/
Relevancy 41.28%

Are you guys having issues accessing MSN.com? For some strange reason I can't access the msn home page. When I try I get this Bing icon and a blank page....

And no matter what I've tried - deleting cache, cookies, resetting security settings. restarting/shutting down the PC, I still can't get msn to come up. interestingly enough all is good on my backup PC with the same version of IE10.

Anyone else seeing this issue? Fix???

A:Help! IE10 Unable/unwilling to display MSN.com???

I too am having this issue on the release version of IE10 on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit (running 32bit browser).

I can go to other MSN sites but the MSN home page only returns a blank page.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/280590-help-ie10-unable-unwilling-display-msn-com.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Do you have a dual boot of XP and Windows 7 ?

A:Win 7 - Bootmgr has 2 "current" OS in "display order"...how to fix??

Hi,

Bjack try

Code:
bcdedit /displayorder {current}

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/359163-win-7-bootmgr-has-2-current-os-display-order-how-fix.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Unable to open sites in Internet Explorer While Gmer exe runs Blue screen error is obtained DDS log report DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- Internet to Explorerer display webpages unable F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService Internet Explorerer unable to display webpages exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch Internet Explorerer unable to display webpages exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X lxddserv exe C WINDOWS system lxddcoms exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Program Files Pinnacle MediaServer Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL PINNACLESYS Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR Service exe C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR WatchDog exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Serena Software ChangeMan DS Client vcs nt service exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe c program files pinnacle shared files programs mediaserver pmshost exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmsrvc exe C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR Sds exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR GUI Exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C PROGRA VERIZO HELPSU SMARTB MotiveSB exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C PROGRA VERIZO HELPSU VERIZO EXE C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exe C WINDOWS vVX exe C Program Files Common Files Verizon Online ConnMgr cmisrv exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxddmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxddamon exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Centra Client bin centraSystray exe C Program Files Common Files Verizon Online AppMgr vzOpenUIServer exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uSearch Page hxxp www google com mStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyServer http localhost uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Lexmark Toolbar a c- f - -a d-edd ac f - c program files lexmark toolbar toolband dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No File BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f... Read more

A:Internet Explorerer unable to display webpages

Can you download files on the machine from links given? Just can't get a page to display in the browser? Otherwise, you have internet access?

See if this helps, then we'll address the malware present.

*In IE: Tools Menu -> Internet Options -> Connections Tab ->Lan Settings > uncheck "use a proxy server" or reconfigure the Proxy server again in case you have set it previously.

Also, see if this version of gmer will run. If necessary, run it in safe mode, please.

Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here to your desktop. Double click the exe file.
If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan.

Click the image to enlarge it

In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ... Sections
IAT/EAT
Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
Show All (don't miss this one)

Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in reply.

**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/internet-explorerer-unable-to-display-webpages-377845.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am trying to set up my laptop to project a second screen onto wireless set x360 to on display Spectre Unable up nbsp a TV wirelessly nbsp I can hook it up with a hardwire HDMI with mostly no problems It has stopped before Unable to set up wireless display on Spectre x360 and I had to restart to get it nbsp going again nbsp I bought this nbsp Actiontec SBWD A ScreenBeam Pro Wireless Display Receiver for WiDi Laptops Miracast Devices and it works flawlessly with my Android cell phone but my fancy new Spectre x Convertible can't even see it nbsp When I hit connect nothing comes up on the list nbsp Seriously nbsp If my old Note cell phone can find it my laptop should be able to right nbsp I did wirelessly connect to a Samsung TV once at my son's house a couple months ago and it worked fine the first time but the second time I tried it it didn't work nbsp Even the hardwired HDMI stopped working nbsp I didn't try a restart at that time nbsp I just gave up nbsp I was on vacation nbsp Way to show off my new toy NOT nbsp I bought this top-of-the-line computer for my business and nbsp I'm trying to project a Power Point for a nbsp Kindermusik class nbsp I am able to connect to my wireless keyboard remote Koolertron in iPazzPort GHz Mini Wireless Fly Air Mouse Keyboard with IR Remote which helps but I don't want to be tethered to the wall with the laptop causing a tripping hazard for nbsp my nbsp dancing wandering nbsp toddlers nbsp nbsp nbsp I I I

A:Unable to set up wireless display on Spectre x360

Hello @Lallette, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I read your post about the Miracast issue, and wanted to assist you! To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? It seems that the ScreenBeam product can stream content from most Intel WiDi, and WiFi Miracast enabled devices.  It does not seem that it guarantees every device.  Based on your model, HP Spectre x360 notebooks are Miracast compatible.  Try checking the WiFi, to verify that it is working properly.  Then test the notebook to verify that it can Miracast natively, without the product.  If the notebook is working as it should, then you may consider contacting Actiontec Support.  Please post back with the results. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Unable-to-set-up-wireless-display-on-Spectre-x360/td-p/5492225
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,

System got infected with the spyware2008 virus. System now clean and virus free but i'm unable to view any images displayed on webpages or on the system. Can't click on mcaffe icon to update? Any ideas?

A:Unable to display any images from sites/windows

welcome
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-display-any-images-from-sites-windows-343229.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My monitor Acer H H is SOMETIMES unable to be set to its maximum resolution and refresh rate when connected to my laptop computer Dell Studio using HDMI - unless I open the laptop computer first Specifically - If I start or restart the computer without opening up the computer I don t have the options to adjust the monitor to its max - If I open the laptop computer - now using both displays - I CAN set the monitor to its maximum - If I then close the computer the monitor maintains its maximum settings - When I reboot this process repeats again I use Vista Home Premium -bit The monitor s max settings are circumstances at in max some resolution unable display to Monitor x Hz The laptop display s maximum settings are x Hz I ve toyed around with settings in Vista s Display Settings Control panel the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Monitor unable to display at max resolution in some circumstances for mobile Control Pane and the Acer eDisplay Management utility I ve tried these with the computer open using both displays and with it closed Quite honestly it became confusing and overwhelming trying to track what happened differently in each scenario with different settings In the end I simply have the problem described above - I can t get max resolution or refresh rate unless I first Monitor unable to display at max resolution in some circumstances open my laptop - which is inconvenient in my setting Should I have to do this This is the first peripheral monitor I ve ever used with a laptop so may it s normal I made a PDF with screenshots that I think will be helpful It was unfortunately too big to upload here It is available at my website at http www stratalignment com Docs Acer H H Settings Screenshots pdf BTW Acer s tech support is useless First it s extremely difficult to find a Web location Monitor unable to display at max resolution in some circumstances for their USA support When I finally did through archive org I think the support analyst and I carried on an email conversation After much elementary troubleshooting and bad advice he actually said to me quot Acer technicians cannot know about all of Acer s products quot And that was the close of the case Thanks for any help you can provide jb nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-unable-to-display-at-max-resolution-in-some-circumstances.935383/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, I've had an LG2350 for a while, and it worked great for a while. I'm not really sure at what point it started screwing up, I think it happened when I installed catalyst for my Radeon HD5670 and then tried to update my monitor driver, or something along those lines. Anyway whenever I restart my computer I get a dsub error, so I have to start in Low res mode, go into catalyst Deselect EDID and select 1920x1080, then manually change my resolution to 1920x1080. It seems to think the default res for my monitor is 1600x1200, a resolution it can't display. I've tried updating and changing my monitor driver a few times, and I'm just tired of doing this every time I restart my computer, any help you can give is much appreciated.

P.S. I hope I posted this in the correct section, if it should have been in hardware I apologize.

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I was hoping that someone could help me out with this as it s slowly but surely driving me ever closer to insanity Basically I until recently had this nasty spyware that amongst other things locked me out of my task manager as well as the desktop tab in the display properties menu I removed the spyware and managed to get into the task manager by disabling the disabling function in the group policy menu by running gpedit msc However am still not able to get into the Desktop tab The options in the tab are simply greyed out as was previously the same with the taskmanager button When I tried the same trick in the group policy menu by going into User Configuration Administrative templates Control Panel Display option - It made no difference What I have tried is to simply disable all the possible settings there were in the User Configuration Administrative templates Control Panel Display option Is there a different section in the group policy menu which I have to alter or is there some other solution I would be very grateful for any help or possible ideas any of you guys might have as i m completely stumped on this one Ta Paddy nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello, I recently have been trying to use triple monitors, but for some reason when I try to use the 3rd monitor I get "unable to save display settings" whenever I click apply

I have an AMD Radeon HD 7800 and am connecting using one DVI, One HDMI and one third is display port that has a dvi to vga connector connected to it, and the vga going from the connector to my monitor, the displayport is the one that won''t work.

Display Port DP Male to DVI Female Connector Adapter - Black + Golden - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

This is the specific displayport I have, could there be a problem with it specifically, or are there other things I could do to test?

A:Third Monitor unable to save display settings.

Any idea people?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/320010-third-monitor-unable-save-display-settings.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there I just got a news tv and am using it as an extended monitor but I can't make it my primary and up the resolution because it gives me an Unable to save error. I've googled this and a solution is to regedit HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MobilePC\TMM ..BUT I don't have Mobliepc/Tmm idk why and should I? What can I do?

A:Unable to save multiple display settings

Hi can you give more info on your computer the make and model would be usefull then someone here may be able to offer some suggestions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-save-multiple-display-settings-557133.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi!

I'm having problem with my Windows 8.1 x64.
Currently i can't view my hidden files because the check box for Hidden Items always stayed untick whenever i click it.
Is there a way to solve this problem?

A:Unable to display hidden items, Windows 8.1

Hello Zool,

You might see if one of the other options to show hidden files in the tutorial below may work better for you.

Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49843-unable-display-hidden-items-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Unable to connect to miracast wireless  Also while troubleshooting i clicked on 2nd display only so blank display is there while connecting for few seconds I have installed intel widi drivers as well  Please help if anyone has a solution for this Running i7core 7th generation on windows 10 (not sure 23/64 bit)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-connect-to-my-miracast-wireless-display/td-p/5812537
Relevancy 40.85%

Help... Several months ago, my ability to change screen brightness on my great little XPS 13 quit working. I have been through the forum and tried reloading drivers - updating BIOS - etc. And, still no go. Everything on the computer seems to work normally, but I would like to be able to brighten the screen some. It appears stuck at a low intensity (all controls indicate 100% brightness).
Thanks fo all...
Robert

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683087
Relevancy 40.85%

I ve bought a GS for my friend s HP A C-B Desktop he bought the computer back in We put it in set the bios option quot primary video quot to to PC computer screen. unable anything on display Desktop PCI-E and nothing shows up on screen when we boot up with the VGA cord connected from the graphics card to the monitor We ve tried the other bios option quot PCI quot and quot On-Board quot and Desktop PC unable to display anything on computer screen. the board refuses to use the video card I ve cleared the pci-e slot for dust and cleaned the pci-e contacts but we get the same results computer turns on computer monitor says quot no signal quot even though the video card fan starts works It uses a A C-LA NodusM -GL E motherboard The specification page for his desktop is here We ve also tried booting up with the card in but using the onboard graphics it works just fine but the problem still persists we even trid installing the drivers for the card whilst using onboard graphics The driver installation states that we have no NVIDIA card installed I looked in device manager and found that there were several items that were unknown each one was has the name PCI in it So the computer detects something but I m guessing the board must be the problem I ve been trying to get that this problem for months now so I ll try to answer as much questions about this problem to help get this fixed Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

hi, i am using hp 15r-249tu laptop and it is not supporting wireless display to tv.i tried to install intel widi display and unable to install, it is asking update the wireless software and graphics. i updated the all wireless software and graphics driver but wireless display is not working still. pls advice.

A:unable to install intel widi display

Hi: Below is the link to the parts list for your notebook.. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=L2Z88PA It comes with a Realtek RT8723BE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 combination adapter, which does not meet the Intel WiDi specifications. You need to have a compatible Intel wireless card for Intel WiDi. The processor in your notebook meets the specs The graphics in your notebook meets the specs. The wireless card does not. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/emerging-technologies/000014932.html

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/unable-to-install-intel-widi-display/td-p/5692201
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

Can't get Word XP to display the recently used file list and when I go to the Options menu the checkbox to enable the recent files list to display, is greyed out and unslectable

Thanks,
D. Wright

A:Unable to display recent used files in WordXP

Sorry I didn't see your question sooner!

Check out this Technet article. It assumes you have tweakui installed.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q284896

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-display-recent-used-files-in-wordxp.69790/
Relevancy 40.85%

the display adaptor adaptor unable to work with windows10. screen frozen, frequently restart and again screen deadlocked. I contacted to microsoft support center. they advised me to disable Display adaptor( AMD Radeon HD 8400/R3 series). I did and the windows now working properly but no touch screen, no brightness adjustment no sleep mode etc.  It is nearly impossible to use PC without the adaptor. I need other adaptor which will fit for the hardware of my PC and the operation system. How can I solve this problem? Which Adaptor is good feet for my PC OS?PLEASE HELP.. Subarna Giri

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/display-adaptor-unable-to-work-with-windows10/td-p/5841404
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm looking for a fix my computer that has become suddenly problematic.

At present, I need your help or set of instructions for an issue or issues on the which I think began with a faulty Firefox upgrade.

1. I can't access the Add/Remove program listing in Normal mode, but Safe Mode.
2. I can't install latest Windows update. It keeps failing.
4. Ad Aware suddenly disappeared, and I can't reinstall because it says I'm missing a Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime file which does exist when viewing Control Panel/Add/Remove in Safe Mode.

What would you recommend? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

A:Unable to Display Add/Remove in Control Panel

This is a core malware/spyware issue, and not a Windows XP issue. I'd have appreciated it not being redirected to this new location without having been addressed.

The problem began with what I think was a faulty Firefox upgrade.

I detected four or five Trojans using Malwarebytes in Safe Mode that weren't detected in Normal mode.

As noted above, I can't reinstall Ad Aware.

At the onset of this (these) issues, I scanned and removed and detected defected or corrupted files using Advance System Optimizer.

I'm running AVG now from Safe Mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-display-add-remove-in-control-panel-502752.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I installed Windows 7 on my PC.

I set in the Power Options to turn off my display after 5 minute of inactivity. Unfortunately the system does not turn off the display, even if screensaver starts regularly (I selected blank screensaver included in Win7).

I yesterday updated my GPU driver (for another different problem) and I have latest driver for ACPI and monitor.

Any idea on the reason why my Windows is not able to turn off the display?

Thanks in advance.

A:Windows 7 unable to turn off the display on idle

Easiest things first.
Try to reset it to never turn off and then hit apply.
A reboot may not hurt.
Then turn it back on and see if it helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-unable-to-turn-off-the-display-on-idle-410761.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Window is too big to get to the buttons at the bottom of change resolution display. Tried left-clicking to move screen but it only moves it a 1/4" All 5 restore points do not work, there was an error when they were saved. Windows Backup and Restore does not work. It got thru 2 1/2 discs, twice before it said there was an error. I have run scans for Virus and Spyware, Nothing was found although i did remove Marketflip.FakeSearchandDestroy about 4 days ago. I'm thinking it's from installing Vista SP1. Vista did run faster after installing it for about 1 day. I've been all over the Internet checking out Vista forums, with no luck, it seems Vista is too new or i did something dumb that nobody else has done yet. Think i'll check into uninstalling SP1.

A:Unable To Change Resolution In Display Option

Hello Winger84 and welcome to BC The issue you are having could be related to the malware on your system. I see that you have an HJT log posted here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137270/marketflipfakesearchanddestroy/ Because you have that log posted, DO NOT make any further changes to your computer: deleting files, editing the registry, using special fix tools, installing or uninstalling software etc. as this will make it more difficult for the HJT team to help you.Please be patient as the HJT team is EXTREMELY busy. DO NOT bump your log as the team may think that someone is already helping you. If you have not had a response by, let's say, April 7 add a response to the five days no response topic and paste in the link to your thread.To avoid confusion I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log. Once you have been declared clean and if you are still having problems with the issue outlined above and need the topic reopened, send a PM to a moderator.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137932/unable-to-change-resolution-in-display-option/
Relevancy 40.85%

I just received my new PC and hooked it up only to find my HD monitor wouldn't display the 1920 X 1080 HD desk top. After speaking with many sales associates, I had my PC custom. I have Windows 7 Professional 64. ATI Radeon HD 4850 and HP 2159m HD monitor. The problem is, when I went to hook up the monitor, the PC didn't have an HDMI slot, so I had to use the adapter that HP sent me with the PC. All was fine till it configured my desktop. My icons are way off the screen, top, bottom and on the left. I can't even see my start menu. After 5 hours with HP tech support, I was told to contact ATI. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I just want to be able to use what I paid for. If I use the monitor with the dvi cable only it works; however the picture is trashy and not as clear.

A:HD Monitor unable to display resolution using DVI adapt

Since you have already spent 5 hours with tech support, it would be good to give an outline of what steps that you have already taken (to the extent that memory permits), to keep from covering old ground.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/61695-hd-monitor-unable-display-resolution-using-dvi-adapt.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Since the day that Microsoft forced Win 10 on my 220 Omni, prod # A5W88AV#ABA I am no longer to control the brightness of my display.  The video card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450A.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Unable-to-control-display-brightness-on-HP-220-Omni-since/td-p/5806116