Windows Support Forum

Service Control Manager Event Viewer System

Q: Service Control Manager Event Viewer System

Hi guys everytime i turn on my pc and look at my Event Viewer log i see Service Control Manager Error does anyone know how to fix this problem Here are the details System - Provider Name Service Control Manager Guid d -a d - - e e- d f EventSourceName Service Control Manager - EventID Qualifiers Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer Amir-PC Security - EventData System Viewer Service Control Event Manager param Diagnostic Service Host param im using OS Windows Home Premium x SP CPU Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Z -V GEN Memory G SKILL Sniper Series GB DDR PC Graphics Card ASUS GTX TI-DC O- GD Sound Card HT OMEGA Claro Halo Monitor s Displays ASUS VE H Black quot ms Screen Resolution x its just every time i open my event viewer log i see this error on it can someone explain to me how Service Control Manager Event Viewer System to fix it thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Service Control Manager Event Viewer System

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Service Control Manager Event Viewer System

Hi can you try the sfc /scannow command and see if it finds anything? SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/286901-service-control-manager-event-viewer-system.html
Relevancy 86.8%

It started less then a month ago and I can't figure out what is causing the issue. I've looked over Event Viewer, but can't seem to get answers on specifics over the net. I then read about the crash and debug section here and figured I might be able to get a little, or more, understanding about the issue. All help is greatly appreciated!

Quote:
Event Viewer Issues;

12:02:05 The PnkBstrB service entered the stopped state.
EventSourceName="Service Control Manager"
EventID Qualifiers="16384">7036</EventID
Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords
EventRecordID>261885</EventRecordID
Execution ProcessID="476" ThreadID="168"/
Binary>50006E006B00420073007400720042002F0031000000</Binary
12:02:10 The Application Experience service entered the running state.
12:02:15 The DNS Client service entered the running state.

A:Game crashing. Event Viewer says 'Service Control Manager'=ID7036

No DMP's included.

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/215752-game-crashing-event-viewer-says-service-control-manager-id7036.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi I am receiving this error at every boot Event Type Error Event Source Service Control Manager Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer PRESARIOXPP Description Manager Control Service event 7000 The PCASp NDIS Protocol Driver service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified For more information see Help and Support Center at http Service Control Manager event 7000 go microsoft com fwlink events asp I searched my hard drive for the file PCASp sys but it Service Control Manager event 7000 is not present The registry indicates the service is installed but shows INITSTARTFAILED with value under HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentContolSet Services PCASp Enum I don't know what service this is or if some driver software was uninstalled Service Control Manager event 7000 that created it I looked on my notebook that has windows xp home installed about the same time as my desktop but can't find the file and the service is not listed in the registry as on my desktop Any help would sure be appreciated Thanks

Relevancy 95.89%

I was just checking in Event Viewer today, and there are some errors detailed as;

ID 7000 Service Control Manager Event service start failed Parallel Port driver service failed to start .. blah blah .. either because it not been enabled or it has been disabled (or words to that effect)

Truth is, im not getting any effects really, but I would like to know what this is, and how to get around it.

A:Event Id 7000 Service Control Manager

Do you have any hardware, i.e. printer, using the parallel port?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/147817/event-id-7000-service-control-manager/
Relevancy 95.89%

Not exactly sure what the issue is here
But have hundreds of this error.

A:Service Control Manager Event ID 7001

From Microsoft, give this a try

Event ID 7001 Is Logged in the System Event Log

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/106539-service-control-manager-event-id-7001-a.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I have had lots of trouble with my Vista freezing amp just generally being a mess--shutting down amp starting slow--really operating slow on the net So lately I have been trying to speed it up amp correct problems I've finally gotten it running much much faster amp I am using Firefox as my browser--which I've optimized so its slick as a whistle--way faster I previously posted about the application error w Winword Here is another error I don't know what to do with I must confess to what I did at this point--I didn't want Windows Defender on my system so I deleted it using add remove programs amp I also went in amp manually deleted some files to try to get it completely uninstalled So if you look at this computer's list of installed programs in Windows you Control Log Event Provider Error--service Manager won't see it listed But I am getting these error messages 's amp --Here are of them see below Is there anything I need Error--service Control Manager Event Log Provider to do with this which Error--service Control Manager Event Log Provider will tweek the system amp make it operate any faster perform better Error--service Control Manager Event Log Provider Can I make it stop getting freaked out because it thinks something is wrong Is changing the registry the only way to stop this Thanks again Log Name SystemSource Service Control ManagerDate AMEvent ID Task Category NoneLevel ErrorKeywords ClassicUser N AComputer User-PCDescription The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Telephony service which failed to start because of the following error The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot D -A D - - E E- D F quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt User-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Remote Access Connection Manager lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Telephony lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name SystemSource Service Control ManagerDate AMEvent ID Task Category NoneLevel ErrorKeywords ClassicUser N AComputer User-PCDescription The mrtRate service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot D -A D - - E E- D F quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt User-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt mrtRate lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Error--service Control Manager Event Log Provider

If a service tries to start, and is unable to start for any reason, it'll give it several tries before giving up. This will cause a little bit of slowdown on the system - but it shouldn't be enough of a slowdown for you to notice it.Not every error in the Event Viewer is serious enough to warrant an investigation. For example, HP systems will usually spit out an error about the parallel printer port (LPT1) - even though there aren't any hardware parallel ports installed on the system. This is, IMO, because the BIOS contains code referencing this feature even though the hardware doesn't exist.Deleting/uninstalling of Windows components from the Programs and Features applet in Control Panel is safe. Once you venture outside of that area, the chances of hosing your system grow drastically. My first suggestion is that you don't delete things without creating a backup of them (and a description of where they're located). My next suggestion is to do things one step at a time. That way you'll be able to assess the impact of a change before moving on to the next change.The key to researching an Event Viewer error is comparing it to the other entries in the Event log (Information and Warning). Then a search for similar errors with Google, and a careful analysis of exactly what the message says.In your examples, the first error is that the Remote Access Connection Manager service couldn't start because the Telephony service couldn't start. Here's a description of the Telephony service: http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/Services/Telephony.htmAnd here's one of the Remote Access Connection Manager service: http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/Service...ion_Manager.htmSo, the first thing to figure out is if you need the Remote Access Connection Manager service (also investigate the Dependencies because they will impact your decision about needing the service). If you do, then you've gotta enable the Telephony service. If you don't, then you can set it to Manual (much safer than disabling it) to see if it works well without the service. If you set the service to Manual and you don't need it - then it won't launch and you won't get the error message in the Event Viewer. If it does launch, despite being set at Manual, then some program is telling you that you need it.As for the second error, the MRT Rate service is commonly associated with the automatic update function in Quicken/QuickBooks. Do you have that installed on your system? If so, try disabling the automatic update to see if that stops the errors.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/159693/error-service-control-manager-event-log-provider/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi,

I'm getting this error on every restart, event id 7022 Service Control Manager Hung on starting. I've taken a look at it in services and it has "do nothing" if Diagnostic Service Host fails. I've tried to change it to restart but get an error and it won't let me change it. Any ideas? Don

A:Event ID 7022 Error - Service Control Manager Hang

Hi everyone,

I still haven't resolved this issue. I have investigated this error to death. I am wondering if there is another service that is causing this error. I don't know how to get more details on this issue Any help on this would be very appreciated.

Thank you,
Don

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/12370-event-id-7022-error-service-control-manager-hang.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi,

I'm getting this error on every restart, event id 7022 Service Control Manager Hung on starting. I've taken a look at it in services and it has "do nothing" if Diagnostic Service Host fails. I've tried to change it to restart but get an error and it won't let me change it. Any ideas? Don

A:Event ID 7022 Error - Service Control Manager Hang

Hi everyone,

I still haven't resolved this issue. I have investigated this error to death. I am wondering if there is another service that is causing this error. I don't know how to get more details on this issue Any help on this would be very appreciated.

Thank you,
Don

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/12370-event-id-7022-error-service-control-manager-hang.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi guys hoping for some pointing in the right direction here with an intermittent issue I use a Dell XPS with W Ultimate for Control Manager Event causing logon Service 7001 slow ID work which entails visiting various clients and login on to their networks via mapped drives don't know if that is relevant to issue Anyhow some days on starting up the laptop after I login to my profile it hangs with a black screen for times between five and fifteen minutes or until I force a hard shut down other days it starts up fine albeit slower than I would like The days that this happens the Event viewer Administrative Events will show maybe lines of Event ID quot The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start Event ID 7001 Service Control Manager causing slow logon quot Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Likes its continually attempting this same task until it gets a result or gives up Searches I have done regarding this issue return so many Event ID 7001 Service Control Manager causing slow logon results unrelated to my circumstances I am struggling to see were to go to try and resolve it I appreciate this is a brief description of the issue but as I don't know what it is I don't know what is relevant to tell you My IT knowledge is pretty basic Thanks in advance for any assistance

A:Event ID 7001 Service Control Manager causing slow logon

Hello and welcome Mugel mate I don't know if this will help but worth a try
Event ID 7001 ? Service Start Operations

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351040-event-id-7001-service-control-manager-causing-slow-logon.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi all,

i tried loading the eventvwr.msc file from system32 folder directly as well as from the administrator tools, but i get:

"event log service is unavailable. verify that the service is running."

so i try to start the event log service, from the services.msc program;
whenever i try to start windows event log from services i get the message:

"Windows could not start the windows event log service on local computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

how can i specify the path?
or
how can i resolve the problem?

any help would be appreciated please---thanks

A:HELP need to solve this problem asap - Unable to start event viewer/event log service

Fire up regedit and find this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog

With "Eventlog" highlighted on the left pane, you should be able to see a value called "ImagePath" on the right. ImagePath should be equal to this:

%SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted

If you can't see "ImagePath" in that location, or if it's not set to the text above, that's almost certainly your problem. If you're in the habit of using "registry cleaners", that might be the cause.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/223413-help-need-solve-problem-asap-unable-start-event-viewer-event-log-service.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi all,

i tried loading the eventvwr.msc file from system32 folder directly as well as from the administrator tools, but i get:

"event log service is unavailable. verify that the service is running."

so i try to start the event log service, from the services.msc program;
whenever i try to start windows event log from services i get the message:

"Windows could not start the windows event log service on local computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

how can i specify the path?
or
how can i resolve the problem?

any help would be appreciated please---thanks

A:Unable to start event viewer/event log service on vista

By the way the OS is a Vista Home Prem without SP1. and i have searched this problem extensively, finding no solutions.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-start-event-viewer-event-log-service-on-vista-367739.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I just keep getting these, is this because Window auto updates are turned off.

Could this be shutting Windows down while in use?
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7001
Date: 4/8/2008
Time: 8:52:06 PM
User: N/A
Computer: N/A
Description:
The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Telephony service which failed to start because of the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

added - made request for move to networking forum

A:system logs - service control manager errors

I might recommend that you try having this moved to the networking forum and see if you get bites there. Click on the little exclamation point at the top of the post and then ask them to move the post for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-logs-service-control-manager-errors.701834/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello!
Not sure this is the correct forum, new here.

I constantly (roughly every 10ms) receive an error in Event Viewer

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/rF8Voi1.png
"The WinPcap Packet Driver (NPF) service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified."

There is no such service. How can I find out what process is trying to start the service?

Thank you!

A:Error from Service Control Manager - system cannot find the file

Welcome to Seven Forums Nahoj. This is part of the WinPCap program usually used by network filtering/sniffer type programs. There should be a npf.sys in C:\windows\System32\drivers Do you have any network monitoring software such as Wireshark? A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/322253-error-service-control-manager-system-cannot-find-file.html
Relevancy 79.55%

System event not recording anything. It is empty, says "date is invalid(13)".

I have some flaky things going on like unexplained CPU spikes causing slowdowns and mouse drag. Also have video problems screen going blank then recovery.

I have reloaded video drivers to no avail. No system lockups or BSODs. I need to see system event log to debug. Other event logs OK. I am proficient on PC and have searched for event log problem. The Event Log service is running. Thanks.

hp pavilion dv9000
OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7100 @ 1.80GHz, 1801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.23, 10/3/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Adapter Type GeForce 8400M GS, NVIDIA compatible
Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
Adapter RAM 128.00 MB (134,217,728 bytes)

A:Solved: Vista, Event Viewer - system event log not recording

Did you check the - %SystemRoot%\System32\Winevt\Logs\System.evtx file? It may be corrupted and you may want to rename it to .old and let it recreate itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-event-viewer-system-event-log-not-recording.793436/
Relevancy 78.26%

Greetings,

I am just trying to hammer out the issues I find in event viewer. Here is one of them:

Event ID: 3095
This computer is configured as a member of a workgroup, not as a member of a domain. The Netlogon service does not need to run in this configuration.

I am, indeed, a part of a workgroup and NOT a domain. What could the Netlogon service do for me as apart of a workgroup as opposed to a domain?
This took place while I was sitting in front of the computer but I have no idea what would cause this error. Any ideas?

A:Event Viewer - Netlogon service error

It may be configured to start automatically in Services, and can't start and complains. If it is not running and you have no problems, then just keep it from trying to start in the first place.

Go to Start, Run, services.msc and scroll down to the Net Logon service, right click, Properties, set Startup type to manual or disabled, OK.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/236623/event-viewer-netlogon-service-error/
Relevancy 78.26%

We've had multiple computers on our network all having the reported error in event viewer -

EventID: 7023

The SanctuaryExec service terminated with the following error: 
The requested operation is successful. Changes will not be effective until the system is rebooted. 

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

This fault stopped our users from printing. When attempting to print a printer test page the error access denied appeared.

I couldn't find any articles online, does anyone have any ideas?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7b68b961-3c82-493a-9898-9ded39a13fb7/sanctuaryexec-service-event-viewer-error?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello, I have an error in event viewer

Quote:
The WerSvc service was unable to log on as NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM with the currently configured password due to the following error:
The request is not supported.

To ensure that the service is configured properly, use the Services snap-in in Microsoft Management Console (MMC).

I have googled and I think it might be a malware.
Recently I have viewed a website that is now presented with a warning so Im quite worried. Also, yesterday, my computer's microsoft security essentials was disabled, and I have no idea why.
Full Scan did not reveal anything, so Im using Microsoft safety scanner Microsoft Safety Scanner - Free online tool for PC health and safety
What is this error?

Thanks in advance

A:Event Viewer Error WerSvc service

Scan for viruses with a full scan using the free version (do not start the trial) of Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download and see the Good and Free system security combination. for better security steps and scanning tools. Make sure you update your security software before running the scan. Post back the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222746-event-viewer-error-wersvc-service.html
Relevancy 78.26%

We've had multiple computers on our network all having the reported error in event viewer -
EventID: 7023

The SanctuaryExec service terminated with the following error: 
The requested operation is successful. Changes will not be effective until the system is rebooted. 

This fault stopped our users from printing. When attempting to print a printer test page the error access denied appeared.

I couldn't find any articles online, does anyone have any ideas?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c1282846-53d5-416c-af8c-9b72ba0df728/sanctuaryexec-service-event-viewer-error?forum=TechNetEvents
Relevancy 77.83%

hi, in event viewer under application i keep getting a warning saying the "Timed out sending notification of device interface change to window of """ it happens whenever i do a fresh windows 2000/2000server install on any hardware, it also seems to make the logon screen hang for up to 20-30 seconds, anyone got any ideas, the event id is 256 and i have already looked it up on eventid.net. cheers anyone that can give me some advice,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plug-and-play-manager-in-event-viewer.228880/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi all, new to the forum.

I have noticed in my event viewer that I'm getting the following error message associated with iPod Service:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: iPod Service
Event ID: 0
Date: 5/19/2007
Time: 5:17:58 PM
Computer: DESKTOP
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( iPod Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
Have not been able to find any information on this. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Event Viewer error involving iPod service

Since the event type is "Information" it's really nothing to worry about, unless your iPod doesn't work when you try to sync it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-viewer-error-involving-ipod-service.575217/
Relevancy 77.4%

hi all,

i always check my boot time from event manager following this pattern:

Event viewer -> Applications and Services log -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Diagnostic Performance -> Operational

off late, i have noticed under Microsoft i get another entry along with Windows. it is IEResp. this was not present earlier.

further under Diagnostic Performance, there was only operational but now there are two more entries i.e Diagnostic and Diagnostic -loopback.

i have observed that my booting time has also gone up.

are these entries valid? why have they turned up? is it ok to keep them or is there any thing i need to do since these entries have turned up.

kindly drop ur views.
thanks,

A:Event Viewer: New Entries Under App. & Service Logs -> Microsoft

pls drop in your views

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224373-event-viewer-new-entries-under-app-service-logs-microsoft.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello,

I have several Win 7 machines that all have this same issue.

When you try to view the Event Log I get an error saying the service is not running.

The service is set to Automatic. When you try to start it you get the error below.

Windows could not start the Windows Event Log service on Local Computer.

Error 0x80007000e: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

I have tried everything I can to fix this and am now out of ideas. Not all Win 7 machines have this issue, but most in our network do.

Any thoughts.

A:Event Viewer will not start - Service not running - Not enough storage space

Hi,

According to the error message, there’s no enough storage on your drive.

How much feel space in your C drive? The default event log should be located in C:\Windows\System32\winevt\logs

Please replace these logs to other drive and restart the service to see if the same issue occurs.

Since the issue occur with many machines, the problem may related with the installation image. Did the image make by yourself? How did you deploy these Windows 7
PC? And did the issue appear in a new installed Windows 7 PC?

Furthermore, does your workaround is a domain? Please check if any GPOs were set to those PC.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Leo  
Huang

Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bb11e534-2990-48a3-9396-e34e44ed6d9c/event-viewer-will-not-start-service-not-running-not-enough-storage-space?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I have an Windows Pro I want to know what caused this Task manager and event viewer not and apps, viewer 10 responding event - - manager some task Windows was Windows 10 - some apps, event viewer and task manager - not responding not responding and some of the applications stop responding I was clicking and nothing happening It was related to hardware or software Disk was formatted due to MBR partition My disk is Samsung Evo GB and x gb Kingston Hyperx mhz Smart on disk is fine GOOD status in Samsung MAgician and no errors in HD TUNE Memtest not showing errors After format to GPT and install again Windows all is fine and working properly But i want to know what caused issue before format Thx It was related to windows software or hardware Because i find on internet some thing about MBR and GPT Listen I read that somewhere quot OS on a GPT formatted disk booted with UEFI is BETTER THEN MBR amp BIOS Why Better auto chances to recover info from bad damaged sector block Partition table is redundantly stored checked using crc quot Also there was some possibility that MBR get corrupted And now about that And then somebody said this to me this quot The MBR could have been poorly made thee first time that is a possibility your SSD could be faulty and now error correction of GPT is hiding the issue quot Also is this possible that error correction of GPT is hiding issue

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/43381-windows-10-some-apps-event-viewer-task-manager-not-responding.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Both of these snap-ins have died.

I am getting the following errors for both "MMC could not create the snap-in".

I think i might have disabled these by accident due to space left on the primary partition.

Anyone know what checks i can go through to see everything that should be is enabled for both of these admin tools to function. All other admin tools work perefectly.

Any help greatly appreciated.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/255653-event-viewer-task-manager-mmc-could-not-create-snap.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello guys I have a computer running Windows Ultimate SP Quad CPU GB RAM Computer is on a domain however user complains that every so often when she tries to login she gets the Welcome Screen and it freezes with the circle rotating She hard powers the computer to (Winmgmt Service Control Service) Error Msgs Manager Multiple get it working normal again I checked the Event Viewer and Multiple Service Control Manager Error Msgs (Winmgmt Service) found that on the times where she mentioned she had the issues there were several Event Messages on the System Category Each error was reported around every minute For this machine the error is the same one A timeout milliseconds was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Winmgmt service I did some research on that error message Event ID however found many links that did not seem to correspond with my issue I ran a Minitoolbox and the following Multiple Service Control Manager Error Msgs (Winmgmt Service) is what it found MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - Multiple Service Control Manager Error Msgs (Winmgmt Service) - Ran by Gay ATTENTION The logged in user is not administrator on - - at Running from C Users Gay Downloads Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings Firefox Proxy settings were reset Hosts content IP Configuration Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Local Area Connection Connected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name Reception-PC Primary Dns Suffix aici local Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List aici local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix aici local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - -F - A- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b b bd f ad d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday July AM Lease Expires Tuesday July AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -FD- - - - - -F - A- C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap aici local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix aici local Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Server aicipdc aici local Address Name google com Addresses Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Server aicipdc aici local Address Name yahoo com Addresses Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Interface List f a c Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft to Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None IPv R... Read more

A:Multiple Service Control Manager Error Msgs (Winmgmt Service)

Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541794/multiple-service-control-manager-error-msgs-winmgmt-service/
Relevancy 75.25%

I recently had to install a new battery for my computer After doing so I started having this problem and receiving the following Error from the quot Service Control Manager quot Event ID nbsp nbsp The following Boot-Start or System-Start driver s failed to load ppfd vt nbsp or to Driver(s) Load System-Start Boot-Start Service Failed EVENTID:7026 Manager Control nbsp nbsp Param The issues I am having are Unable to completely quot SHUT DOWN quot unless I press the power button this is after I have already selected the quot shut down quot option in the Start menu Never had to press the power button to power off my Service Control Manager EVENTID:7026 Boot-Start or System-Start Driver(s) Failed to Load computer Also at quot START-UP quot I get as far as a black screen with a white flashing cursor in upper left-hand corner At this point I am stuck nothing takes me out of this state unless I press the quot POWER quot button to shut-down In order to start-up amp Boot I Service Control Manager EVENTID:7026 Boot-Start or System-Start Driver(s) Failed to Load disconnect AC Adapter remove battery wait about seconds re-install battery power adapter and push power button Now my computer is all good Can anyone help me with this I've researched for weeks and am no where Thanks for any help My computer is quite old Sept but I'm hoping that I don't have to purchase a new one I'm a lil cheap lol

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8b5250b4-251f-4c98-8c76-2c44de550b46/service-control-manager-eventid7026-bootstart-or-systemstart-drivers-failed-to-load?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 74.82%

Have found the following error in the Event Viewer relating to VSS, ID 8194 when made back up the system Windows 8.1 partition to an image file with OneKey recovery Lenovo program :
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface. hr = 0x80070005, Access is denied.
This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process.
Operation:
Gathering Writer Data
Context:
Writer Class Id: {e8132975-6f93-4464-a53e-1050253ae220}
Writer Name: System Writer
Writer Instance ID:{7382df8f-c426-4940-a8bf-24d4ee707cf3}
I would appreciate some advices how to fix it.
Thanks and best regards,
Ewa

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4d925199-36eb-4b4d-9b8e-d0535a999cee/volumine-shadow-copy-service-error-id-8194-in-the-event-viewer-windows-81?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi I recently made some upgrades 11" hangs, "atapi Event ID Event in Viewer Frequent system to a previously fine PC - they were - Installing GB extra RAM of the same variety - Reinstalling windows on a new SSD a Samsung SSD EVO GB I previously also upgraded to Windows but a bunch of blue screens and Frequent system hangs, "atapi Event ID 11" in Event Viewer other issues later I reinstalled I'm still having problems though - the current symptoms are that every so often - times a day the computer will hang for - minutes on the 'starting windows' screen When it finally loads it will often hang for further extended periods before settling down I checked in these event log and during these periods there will be many 'atapi' errors with Event ID quot The driver detected a controller error on Device Ide IdePort quot I have attached a screenshot There will sometimes be other errors usually relating to the timeout of certain things but the previously mentioned error is by far the most prolific On rare occasions there have been more serious errors - never blue screens since going back to windows but once I booted to a black screen with just a mouse was able to shut down via task manager then following a restart seemed ok Through some investigation it does seem to be that the root cause of the problem is the SSD I identified this a while ago and have tried various fixes including Ensuring my Motherboard a M A LT-M SATA ports are configured in AHCI mode they were previously IDE This also led me to completely re-installing windows in an effort to make sure the correct drivers were installed though more on those drivers in a second Updating my motherboard's BIOS Running MemTest to check my RAM wasn't causing the problem Changing the SATA cable and port of my SSD Updating various drivers from ASUSTeK Computer Inc -Support- Drivers and Download M A LT-M for my motherboard including the chipset I saw another driver for quot AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller Driver V quot but when I try and updating this windows just says that the most up to date driver is already installed I've also tried running various checks for disk errors including the Windows built-in drive checker and HD tune pro I just tried unplugging my DVD drive as well which is the only other thing connected to the SATA ports On a side note I do not have the Gb s SATA ports only Gb s SATA though I don't see why this should be a problem I've of course looked online and have found many people with similar issues but often they seem unresolved or their fixes unfortunately don't work for me Any help would be massively appreciated as this has been plaguing me for weeks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/380152-frequent-system-hangs-atapi-event-id-11-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have been getting the following errors when I try to log into my account.

The system event notification service service failed the logon an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

I created a built-in-administrator and I am able to get into safe mode though not able to run many programs on it such as control panel and start up repair. I looked at my registry and both of my accounts look fine neither of them had a .bak on the end and so I'm not sure how to fix this if my only option is to delete my user account. I've already done a system restore to a couple days before this happened but, I'm still locked out of everything.

Is there anything else I can do that might help?

A:The system event notification service service failed logon ... token does not exist

Google led me to this post as I was researching the problem myself. I encountered the same issue. In this case on a vista32 ultimate box (although I do own an x64 box in case somebody thinks I'm blasphemous posting here ).

I haven't completely fixed the issue yet but I've gotten a bit further so in hopes of helping the next person here are the steps I've taken.

I was able to log in successfully in safe mode (hit F8 while starting up, select safe mode). Once there I went to command prompt (click the start button, type "cmd" [without the quotes] in the search bar and hit enter. From command prompt type services.msc to launch the services control panel. Find the System Event Notification Service, right click, select properties, change it from automatic startup to disabled, apply the change and "OK" out of the dialog box. You can now restart the computer and log in normally.

This isn't really a fix, it's a temporary work-around. SENS is needed for COM+ to respond to things like login and startup events. I've also noticed that my system is very slow right now. My next step is to find a way to generate a new token for SENS and then hopefully I'll be back at 100%. I currently have Dell researching that for me (this happens to be a Dell laptop). If I get a solution short of a reinstall to that one I'll post it too.

Hope this is helpful for someone. Good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/194306-system-event-notification-service-service-failed-logon-token-does-not-exist.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Does any1 know how to fix the red x ? Like repair the problem ? I don't want to have the X on the system even log, I clicked the link on how to solve the problem but didn't help much as i expected. So i will be very glad for you guys to help me out ;) http://imagenerd.com/uploads/beeldinghelpt1Bb.jpg- ThanksEddy

A:System Event Viewer Log Errors

That is coming from a symantec program on your computer. If you have a norton product on there, a service that the program installs is failing. Uninstall and Reinstall any norton software on your PC. This should fix your issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81356/system-event-viewer-log-errors/
Relevancy 72.24%

Good Day A few days ago when coming onto the desktop I would not be able to use RUN or get into the Control Panel This does not happen all of the time and to temporary fix the problem one or more reboots are needed I checked in the Event Viewer and seen the error I right-clicked and went to its properties It states quot The SAVRTPEL service failed to start due Viewer/System How error>XP/Event fix to to the following error The system cannot find the file specified quot I clicked on How to fix error>XP/Event Viewer/System the for more information link and below is what it has to say How to correct this situation as clearly as you can state Thanks Much COPY Details Product Windows Operating System Event ID Source Service Control Manager Version Symbolic Name EVENT SERVICE START FAILED Message The service failed to start due to the following error Explanation Service Control Manager SCM could not start the specified service probably because How to fix error>XP/Event Viewer/System the How to fix error>XP/Event Viewer/System service is not configured correctly User Action Do one or all of the following Review the error information displayed in the message Verify that the service password has not expired Verify that the service is in the correct location Verify that the service is not infected with a virus To display the WIN EXIT CODE error that SCM encountered when trying to start the program at the command prompt type sc query service name The information displayed can help you troubleshoot possible causes for the error If the WIN EXIT CODE is zero then SCM did not attempt to start the service because the error was detected first Version Symbolic Name EVENT SERVICE START FAILED Message The service failed to start due to the following error Explanation Service Control Manager SCM could not start the specified service probably because the service is not configured correctly User Action Do one or all of the following Review the error information displayed in the message Verify that the service password has not expired Verify that the service is in the correct location Verify that the service is not infected with a virus To display the WIN EXIT CODE error that SCM encountered when trying to start the program at the command prompt type sc query service name The information displayed can help you troubleshoot possible causes for the error If the WIN EXIT CODE is zero then SCM did not attempt to start the service because the error was detected first -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Related Knowledge Base articles You can find additional information on this topic in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles quot Event ID quot or quot Event ID quot Error Message When You Attempt to Start a Service Describes a problem with logon failures when you try to start a service Provides several resolutions quot Event ID quot Error Message When ASCTRM Service Does Not Start On a computer that is running Windows NT Windows or Windows XP when you install or remove RealNetworks RealPlayer or when you install or remove a program that installs RealPlayer for example Netscape Navigator the following Availability and description of the Port Reporter tool Describes the Port Reporter tool that you can use to log TCP and UDP port activity on computers that are running Windows Server Windows XP and Windows Contains information about how to obtain install and configure the tool You cannot log on or you experience a long delay on a domain controller or on a member computer that is running Windows Windows XP or Windows Server Describes a problem that may occur if one or more services that run in the Lsass exe process or in the Services exe process are no longer configured to run as shared service processes Lists the symptoms of this problem Your Windows XP computer stops responding after you log on Provides a resolution for an issue that occurs when you log on to a computer that is running Windows XP... Read more

A:How to fix error>XP/Event Viewer/System

Howdy Firedog 1 !

Windows XP
Right-click the "Start" button, and then click "Properties".

On the "Start Menu" tab, click "Classic Start menu", and then click "Customize". This changes the style of the Start menu.

Click "Remove".

Open the "Programs" folder and then open the "Startup" folder.

Highlight the items in the "Startup" folder that you want to remove and click the "Remove" button.

Click the "Close" button.

Click the "OK" button twice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-fix-error-xp-event-viewer-system.482174/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi all.

I was reading another post in the hardware section of this site, and that led me to be interested in the contents of the System log of my computer's Event Viewer. Anyway, I was about halfway through the log, when a message popped up saying the system log was corrupted, and blanked the log of all it's contents.

It's not a big problem, but what would cause that to happen?

Thank you in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-viewer-system-log-corruption.464403/
Relevancy 72.24%

I m exploring learning about the Event Viewer this week I m running WinXP Home SP v Some entries make sense some do not I noticed I m getting a lot of NET Runtime Errors The error screen looks like this http img imageshack us my php image s nhunter xz jpgDon t know what it means FWIW I did a Run Search on NET Framework and see that I have the following three folders in C WINDOWS net Framework Version Version and Version The first two versions quot properties quot have a Viewer System Event (errors) - creation date that would indicate they were pre-installed by Dell I assume Version was part of a MS Security Update done since I bought the PC Are all three supposed to be there Or could this be a factor in my Event Viewer showing these errors What action s if any would you folks recommend regarding these system errors I m not experiencing any odd pc behavior other than some script errors on websites but able to surf OK

A:Event Viewer - System (errors)

Well, I will try to help as much as I can but you have to realize that the only experts on .NET work for the big place in Washington Not DC.The first thing I would do is get a copy of the, .NET software and reinstall. Or go to the web site and you can try this one.http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/It has a lot of info and might start you in the right direction and it has some links on the right side that might be useful.Good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50479/event-viewer-system-errors/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have windows xp home edition.
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Dhcp
Event ID: 1003
Date: 8/31/2008
Time: 9:24:18 AM
Computer:
Description:
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 001731BFC383. The following error occurred:
The operation was canceled by the user. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Dhcp
Event ID: 1002
Date: 8/31/2008
Time: 9:24:30 AM
Computer:
Description:
The IP address lease 192.168.1.33 for the Network Card with network address 001731BFC383 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

AJRoad

A:Event Viewer - System Error

Hi AJ,It could be a few different things. Check this article for more info: http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid...HCP&phase=1

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166585/event-viewer-system-error/
Relevancy 72.24%

I logged on to my computer as an administrator and my desktop didnt display for about 4 minutes. There was only a black screen with the white mouse arrow on it. When the desktop had loaded a Windows notification
bubble popped up saying:

"Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification
Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the
system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

I don't believe that I have installed any software etc. recently that could have caused this problem to occur. It just randomly happened one day. In sync with this error I am unable to connect to the internet using my 3 mobile modem and my laptop isn't recognising any wireless signals bringing up the message:

"The dependency service or group failed to start"

My laptop is a Philips freevents 12NB5800 which uses vista.

A:[B]Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service[/B]

try loggin in as an admin and viewing hte error log like it said

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/b-windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-service-b-277883.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I looked at the event viewer and realized that there were application error records and system error records. All the application files were missing--all of them and there were several errors in the system files. I don't know what to do now. pLEASE HELP ME.

A:Application & System Errors In Event Viewer

try running the system file checker..heres the instructions

Run the System File Checker = put in your windows disk

Go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow ( sfc if not recognized ) [ space between c and / ]

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem. You will need your Windows cd.

i would imagine you need to run a virus check, maybe ewido, and be careful with programs such as cleanup or beclean

post back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/application-and-system-errors-in-event-viewer-85660.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have been experiencing random crashes usually related to being on the internet and scrolling The mouse stops working screen freezes goes dark blue and stays that way until I re-boot I just installed a new monitor to make sure it was not a failing CRT dinosaur I have installed removed and then installed an old mouse Viewer fasttx2k System - Event error driver Have updated the video driver checked BIOS etc Another tech site System Event Viewer error - fasttx2k suggested for another user with this problem to check the System Event viewer The error message shows fasttx k and the explanation is quot Internal error in data structures for quot no words between for and period There have also been occasions where the freeze occurs and the error message is dhcp quot IP address lease denied quot Not sure if these two are related Research of similar problems indicate it may be a drive problem The only error messages I have seen that are drive related are Disk and ftdisk warnings - quot System failed to flush data to the transaction log Corruption may occur quot and quot error detected on device during a paging operation quot These are directed at my SATA storage drive not the IDE OS drive Regarding the ability to set up RAID on this MB since I am running my OS on an IDE drive and only using the SATA connection as a secondary storage drive do I need the Onboard Promise Controller enabled in the BIOS One thing I think I need to do is clean up my registry but have never attempted anything like that I also need to clean up some unused games on the computer my kids have outgrown So this seems a bit confusing but this is all the information I have so far Any help would be greatly appreciated domer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-event-viewer-error-fasttx2k-449421.html
Relevancy 71.38%

When I shutdown or restart I find the following system error in Event Viewer Source Service Control Manager Error Event ID Description The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Kl This has been happening for a long time I think I have not worried System Event Viewer Error #7026 about it because everything seems to work OK I have read forums and gone to Google Seems to be related to Kaspersky maybe something to do with Zone Alarm or both This probably is not a major problem but I would appreciate help resolving it I may have at some time in the past downloaded Kaspersky AV and Event Viewer System Error #7026 uninstalled not sure Maybe something left over Can t find anything using Search Compaq Event Viewer System Error #7026 Presario Windows XP SP Zone Alarm Free firewall--WinPatrol--Prevx --AVG Antivirus--Spybot S amp D--SuperAntispyware--Spyware Blaster--Ad-Aware Thanks Beav I should have added When going to Compaq help and support center I get the following EXPLANATION The specified drivers did not load correctly The driver might not be in the expected location USER ACTION Verify that the drivers are configured correctly Verify that the computer is running the most current version of the drivers Also in the Details a Version and a version are mentioned Symbolic Name EVENT BOOT SYSTEM DRIVERS FAILED Hope this helps

A:Event Viewer System Error #7026

Take a look: http://www.file.net/process/kl1.sys.htmlGenerally speaking...if the file is not in the location specified in the above link, it probably is malware.I suggest reinstalling Kasperky...and then uninstalling it properly via Add/Remove Programs...as the initial attempt to remove this.Another possibility is that the file has been removed but there still remains a pointer in your startup items which is looking for the missing file. If that is the case, you can use a tool like AutoRuns for Windows v8.73 - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...s/AutoRuns.mspx to disable or remove the marker from your list of startup items.If using the above tool, just look on the tab marked Logons (which reflects startup items), rather than the general tab reflecting all processes and startup items.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130183/event-viewer-system-error-7026/
Relevancy 71.38%

Just after a system recovery on both C/ and D/ drives, the following screen is displayed in Windows Event Viewer
Application Error Records 64KB
Security Audit Records 64KB
System Error Records 64KB.
Is this normal?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-event-viewer-after-system-recovery.306316/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi All;

From time to time on my XP Home SP2 machine I get a "TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts." warning.

I've read the MS Help and Support info, do not have a virus or malware as was suggested in the article and I tried the cmd line: netstat -no proceedure to no avail.

It's not the end of the world and my dsl has no other issues.

I can live with it, but wonder you know of a work-around.

Certainly appreciate any help.

A:Tcpip Warning in Event Viewer/System

Concurrent Session usually are found in your browser or a Torrent client application.
Limits on them are imposed to ensure your system does not drown and lockup due
to excessive connections from ONE application.

Reaching the limit is non-fatal; ie the programs should continue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tcpip-warning-in-event-viewer-system.106349/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi my pc has been freezing up off amp on for the last two wks or so I ve ran every scan Ad-aware SE Spybot McAfee etc and have found no reason for this messages Event System in Error Viewer... I checked in the Error messages in System Event Viewer... System Event Viewer tonight to see what error messages I ve been getting and it seems that everytime it freezes it sends an error message to the event viewer the errors are quot atapi quot and quot cdrom quot I have suspected that I have a problem with my cdrom drive because at times it will not open could these errors be causing the freeze ups Error messages in System Event Viewer... that have been happening every few seconds amp lasting a few seconds It doesn t happen all the time it s not happened for two straight days until earlier this evening Is this something that can be fixed Anyone have any advice for me Thanks so much BTW I am running windows xp home If more info is needed plz let me know nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

um i have windows xp pro now and i was setting up another user account but when i get on the user account it has a continuous popup saying "failed to get service control manager"

A:Service Control Manager?

muchichi said:

um i have windows xp pro now and i was setting up another user account but when i get on the user account it has a continuous popup saying "failed to get service control manager"Click to expand...
Did you make this an admin account?

It almost sounds to me as if you installed a printer or similar device which relies on a service entry and installed it to a single user instead of to all users.

Does your other account still work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-control-manager.608873/
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm getting this warning first and then the error and then my computer reboots:

Warning: The driver disabled the write cache on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR3
Error: The DeviceScanner service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

I'm running Windows XP with 2gb memory and I have just installed a new video card Radeon X 1300.

Can anyone please tell me what this is and what I need to do to fix it.
If you need more information about my computer let me know and I will post anything that I can find on it.

I have been dealing with this for a couple of days now and I'm at wits end. I have no idea what its telling me or what to do at this point.

Help

A:Service Control Manager

Am I correct that you did not have a problem before you installed the new video card?
Where did you get the driver for the video card and how did you install it?

If your computer is spontaneously rebooting and therefore not allowing you to be abloe to see exactly what is on the bsod (error message) please do the following:

When a critical error occurrs in Windows XP, the system will reboot automatically by default. After the reboot, Windows will then usually show a dialogue with the explanation that the system has recovered from a critical error and will offer to submit this error to Microsoft.
Most of the time these spontaneous reboots are rather unique and are not an immediate cause for alert. However, if the situation is recurring, there is probably something wrong in the system configuration. To get a good idea of what is wrong, it is best to disable the option to automatically restart the system after a failure, but to let it show the error message instead.

To do so, please perform the following steps:
1. Right-click My Computer.
2. Select Properties.
3. In the System Properties, select the tab Advanced.
4 In the box called Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
5 A new window will open:

6. Uncheck the box "Automatically restart" in the group System Failure
7. Confirm the changes in both Windows by clicking OK.
Whenever a critical system failure occurs now, you will see a blue screen with a cryptic description of the error. However, the content of this message might help in finding the appropriate solution to the problem.

Note: Most of the critical errors are due to faulty driver installations or incorrect BIOS settings. Especially in case of misbehaving drivers, the blue screens often list the filename of the driver that caused the crash.
After you get a blue screen please post all the information that is on that screen here as it will help us diagnose what is wrong and what the fix may be.

Also - look in your device manager and see if there are any yellow or red warning icons in any of the categories. If there are, update the drivers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68590/service-control-manager/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello all I have been working with Cookiegal for some time now She mentioned that we have moved into an area that is outside of her field of expertise I seem to have a corrupted Event Solved: Errors reboot System In during Viewer metabase in IIS I had a look at this link http www iisfaq com Default aspx tabid and as outlined on Solved: Errors In System Event Viewer during reboot that page I ran the command cscript adsutil vbs enum from inside the C Inetpub Adminscripts folder and it did return the error - x I understand from this that I do need to restore the metabase I don t know how to ascertain if there is a backup or not There are a couple of other system event errors upon rebooting that I d like to eliminate as well I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling IIS but there Solved: Errors In System Event Viewer during reboot are problems writing encryped files and the errors persist Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions that may help me to get rid of those errors If you know how to search and find my other thread in these forums you can view the various errors that I have ben talking about with Cookiegal nbsp

A:Solved: Errors In System Event Viewer during reboot

Specifically, this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q234429 is the link that I am looking at.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-errors-in-system-event-viewer-during-reboot.703685/
Relevancy 70.52%

In the Event Viewer - system log - I am getting some errors when I boot up I had a voodoo card in here and removed it and had some of those errors but I searched the registry and got ride of those files and those errors went away and now I have some more I don t know if removing dfx voodoo files on the HD and registry entries caused this or not Here are the errors Event Type Error Event Source Service Control Manager Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer CELERON Description The fxgpio service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified AND Event Type Error Event Source Service Control Manager Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer CELERON Description The fxptl service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified AND Event Type Error Event Source Service Control Manager Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer CELERON Description The Ntremap service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified I have rebooted several times and these keep appearing after every reboot Any help would be appreciated I am not haveing any - Viewer {Solved} System Event - Win2K - errors... Log problems that I know of but I {Solved} - Win2K - Event Viewer - System Log errors... would just like to get rid of all these errors Thanks Cory ------------------ http ShopComputerAces com nbsp

A:{Solved} - Win2K - Event Viewer - System Log errors...

Greetings

They look like services set to run to make the use of the 3dFX card work properly. And, since you have uninstalled the card (and the drivers) the files are no longer on the HD. Byt, the entries to the services ARE still in the registry.

I suggest doing a search for "fxgpio", "fxptl" and "Ntremap" and delte the entries you find (of course, export the entries first, so you can replace them if things go wrong).

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win2k-event-viewer-system-log-errors.28591/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello everyone.

I've search the forums but haven't found this.

I apologize in advance if a similar topic already exists, I haven't found one.

I have a notebook toshiba a200-14d with XP running.

If i run eventvwr and go to System, in that log, I found a lot of identical errors.

Here are the details :

Type: Error
Source: Disk
Category: none
Event ID: 11

Description:
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\D.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
ht.

The logs shows that these errors occurred for 2 minutes, continuously. starting from 3:48:27 to 3:50:17.

Can anyone explain me what does this mean? Should I worry in any way?

A:Event Viewer > System shows a lot of errors from disk

Backup your data and replace it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/event-viewer-system-shows-a-lot-of-errors-from-disk-177967.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I had noticed I was getting audit failures 5061 and was able to narrow it down to Nicosia streaming service. I stopped the service for that but now I don't even see success audits for system integrity. I am a little concerned and going bonkers over this. Using Windows 7 64bit. Ran malware bytes, Norton and Sfc scan and everything came back normal. I've checked my other Windows 7 computers and they all have system integrity checks from the moment the system boots. Am I going crazy or what?

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386111-no-system-integrity-checks-being-shown-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I had noticed I was getting audit failures 5061 and was able to narrow it down to Nicosia streaming service. I stopped the service for that but now I don't even see success audits for system integrity. I am a little concerned and going bonkers over this. Using Windows 7 64bit. Ran malware bytes, Norton and Sfc scan and everything came back normal. I've checked my other Windows 7 computers and they all have system integrity checks from the moment the system boots. Am I going crazy or what?

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/386111-no-system-integrity-checks-being-shown-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 69.66%

i need to know what service control manager does because it keeps giving an error in the event viewer and i think that is why my computer freezes rock solid and have to push the restart button. I am running windows xp pro .

A:does anybody know the file name service control manager

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\servicename. The Service Control Manager initializes services that the Start entry designates as Auto-load.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-anybody-know-the-file-name-service-control-manager.448776/
Relevancy 69.66%

This is a repeated error message, any ideas. The ptserial service failed to start due to the following error: No serial device was successfully initialized. The serial driver will unload. I'm running XP Pro, with Firefox. It could be a Logitech problem, when it happens the cordless mouse will freeze, have to hit the restart button to start. I have no spyware on this computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-control-manager-error.320577/
Relevancy 69.66%

I recently reinstalled Win-7 in my Dell XPS 630i to find that now I am getting service control manager errors and upon looking for service control manager under my services tab I fail to see it anywhere. I have run a read write diagnostic on both hard drives and they both passed so at this point I'm not sure what to do. Any thoughts?

A:Service Control Manager missing

The service control manager is the services.exe process. This process is not a service and In Windows 7 doesn't even host any services. The service control manager is not a service and will not appear in the services tab.

What error messages are you receiving? The exact error message would be preferred.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/service-control-manager-missing-692960.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello Received a Service Control Manager Error quot The DHCP Client service depends on the Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning quot This caused my W Ultimate Bit computer to Manager Control Service Error lock up after the control alt delete screen After I hit Ctrl Alt Del the screen does not show any users to log in According to the event log this has happened before and I have noticed the same issues before It will reboot in safe mode Can anyone give me some advice on determining which device is not functioning as I can't decipher it and could this be a failing board related problem Service Control Manager Error I have gotten Kernel Power Errors quot the system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly quot even though the computer was restarted by a program and did reboot or from a user shutdown or restart in which it did reboot I hope this is the correct area for this question Service Control Manager Error and I appreciate any assistance Glenn

A:Service Control Manager Error

It sounds like a hardware error to me. Since Winsock is mentioned I would concentrate on the Ethernet interface. If it's built into the motherboard then I don't know how you'd test it except by swapping the whole thing out. I know when I got defective network cards in the past it was one of the few things that would hard lock the machine. The system would come up, but then when the card heated up, the whole system would freeze. Trip back to the computer store. Insert a good card. All is honkey dorey.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/297537-service-control-manager-error.html
Relevancy 69.66%

since about months ago my computer has been experiencing multiple BSOD s per day upon looking in the event viewer ever single time and event with something to do with a quot VSS service quot with towards viewer pointing service" event BSODs frequent "VSS is the last thing before the crash i find this strange as looking into this vss is a backup program for xp and server i have no idea why this is on my system what it does or why i need it after trying to use some debugging tools it seems that i cannot access the dmp files on my own frequent BSODs with event viewer pointing towards "VSS service" computer logged in as an administrator with full privileges with all file security options in my anti-virus off my system is a x vista business the crahses occur almost at random doing anything from playing a game using Firefox typing a notepad file or just leaving the thing on and not frequent BSODs with event viewer pointing towards "VSS service" doing anything for more than minutes the system will still crash at the log in screen leaving me to believe that this is not an overheating issue i have tried to disable all programs with mscofig but i still get a crash i have even had crashes in sleep mode as well as in the process of a normal shutdown i have no new updates in windows update and have installed all of the new drivers for every device i can find them for any and all help would greatly be appreciated nbsp

A:frequent BSODs with event viewer pointing towards "VSS service"

Hi this is about vss and what you can do with it http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/...tem-restore-disk-space-limit-in-explorer-gui/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frequent-bsods-with-event-viewer-pointing-towards-vss-service.879828/
Relevancy 69.23%

Recently I had set for guest account by removing the Administrator rights. After that Every 5 minutes there is an error throwing on the screen is as follows :
ANIOApi : Fail to open service control manager.

Request you to kindly advise me how to solve this problem

A:Fail to Open Service Control Manager

nimishakavi73, welcome to TSG,
Read this and let us know if it helps.
http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?t=131190

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fail-to-open-service-control-manager.753321/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi everyone This is my very first time on this board and question, Manager & Control REALONE please? Service very glad to have found it Lots of useful information on this board I ve noticed that I Service Control Manager & REALONE question, please? ve got a lot of error messages in the quot event viewer quot for the same problem And I went on the web and did some Service Control Manager & REALONE question, please? search on the matter I find that the problem seems to point towards Service Control Manager & REALONE question, please? realone player however there s no solution to it Has anyone ever got th same problem as I do now and how did you go about to fix the problem Please look below for the error message Event Type Error Event Source service Control Manager Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer DELL Description The ASCTRM service failed to start due to the following error The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Any help would be appreciated and thanks all for your time Best antee nbsp

A:Service Control Manager & REALONE question, please?

Hiya and welcome

Which version of Windows are you running?

ASCTRM is a real player driver, try removing and re-installing realplayer. That is what the new RealOne used to be called.

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-control-manager-realone-question-please.77251/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a Toshiba Desktop on our -computer LAN that I bought used or years ago that has Server OS No major problems until last Friday when my wife was online cleaning the webmail on her insightbb com email account and her Control Service Server - Win2000 Manager computer locked up I did not know she had some earlier incidents of locking up in either Outlook or the accounting software on this PC Previously she had a Win OS and was used to rebooting if there was a lockup so this is what she did or times before letting me know there was a problem I had been getting error message Service Control Manger At least one service or driver failed during system startup Use event manager to examine the event log details I found the error was looked on the Microsoft tech support under Q and used the Rms inf file to install the Removable Storage Manger in the WINNT system folder However the machine will NOT startup normally After restarting from safe mode it reaches LOG ON TO WINDOWS where you enter user and password Service Control Manager At least one service or driver failed during system start up Use event manager to examine the event log for details As described above I thought I had corrected the problem But obviously have not Incidently I am WAY above my head in Win2000 Server - Service Control Manager all this Win2000 Server - Service Control Manager I ma not an IT guy Just someone trying to get his wife s home office computer working Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2000-server-service-control-manager.631598/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have this one error in my Error Log:

"22 February 2005 Service Control Manager The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: i8042prt"

Can anyone shed some light on it please.

A:Solved: Service Control Manager Error log

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...s/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/31480.asp
http://searchwinsystems.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid68_gci1040225,00.html
http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread22746-1.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-service-control-manager-error-log.333508/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all im new here I have this error Error Service Control Manager in my Event viewer The NEWDRIVER service failed to start due to the Manager Control Error 7000 Service following error The system cannot find the file specified Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot d -a d - - e e- d f quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Error 7000 Service Control Manager Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Security gt Error 7000 Service Control Manager lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt NEWDRIVER lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt I have searched about this error and i discovered that NEWDRIVER service can be found here RegistryKey HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services NEWDRIVER Image Path C windows system WinVDEdrv sys I have found that winvdedrv sys belongs to NewSoftwares net Inc SDN BHD authors of folder lock software I mention that i deleted the registry key but i made a backup just in case i did something wrong After i deleted the key i got no more errors in windows event viewer My question is if its safe to delete the registry key Ps sry for my english nbsp

A:Error 7000 Service Control Manager

The key point is verifying that winvdedrv6.sys does indeed belong to NewSoftwares.net. Locate the file, right click on it and choose Properties, go to the Details tab and check the copyright name. If it does belong to them and you don't have any of their programs installed, then I would remove the registry key.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-7000-service-control-manager.1128645/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello everyone I m not really sure if I have chosen the right forum for this but here goes Well I am in real strife I am asking for help as a last resort because I just can t solve my problem alone My problem started a couple of days ago and I cannot use my computer at all in normal start-up mode The error that is reported in the event viewer is in the title of this thread The description accompanying the error message follows The following boot start or system-start driver s failed to load AmdK AvgLdx AvgMfx Fips In addition I am getting a blue screen STOP error x EA when I reboot normally It reports that the problem file is nv disp I should add that I had this exact same problem a year or two ago The solution Manager Service Error 7026 Control at that time was as simple as changing some setting or perhaps a single registry value - I can t remember I found that solution on the Internet somewhere and I have spent around hours trying to find wherever I found it last time My Service Control Manager Error 7026 point is that on that occasion there was nothing wrong with my video card display adapter NVIDIA GeForce GT as many of the threads on the Internet regarding this problem suggest Can anyone please help nbsp

A:Service Control Manager Error 7026

nv4_disp is your NVidia driver. Start by installing the latest version.

The failure of the AVG rootkits to load may well be due to their being blocked by a serious infection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-control-manager-error-7026.1011401/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello everyone Well I am in real strife I am asking for help as a last resort because I just can t solve my problem alone My problem started a couple of Service 7026 Error Manager Control days ago and I cannot use my computer at all in normal start-up mode The error that is reported in the event viewer is in the title of this thread The description accompanying the error message follows The following boot start or system-start driver s failed to load AmdK AvgLdx AvgMfx FipsIn addition I am getting a blue screen STOP error x EA when I reboot normally It reports that the problem file is nv disp I should add that I had this exact same problem a year or two ago The solution at that Service Control Manager Error 7026 time was as simple as changing some setting or Service Control Manager Error 7026 perhaps a single registry value - I can t remember I found that solution on Service Control Manager Error 7026 the Internet somewhere and I have spent around hours trying to find wherever I found it last time My point in saying this is that on that occasion there was nothing wrong with my video card display adapter NVIDIA GeForce GT as many of the threads on the Internet regarding this problem suggest Can anyone please help

A:Service Control Manager Error 7026

Hello and Welcome to Bleeping Computer,
Have you updated you driver recently? Also can I have your OS. I also need to know if you are using a 64 or 32 bit version.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413416/service-control-manager-error-7026/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi,
I have a problem of taskbar poping randomy in the middle of a full screen video, and automatically going back to desktop while playing full screen games.

Reading this post I used EVENTVWR. Here is the result :
There was nothing under 'Application Hang' that matches the time I had the problem.

Service control manager looks guiltier. There is more events under Error, and a lot of timestamps matching the problem under 'windows logs > System'.

How can I fix this ?
Thanks for any help =)
EDIT : everytime this happen I go check the 'windows logs > System' and there is a new event. Either it really is the problem or it is created by me checking it

A:Service control manager is making taskbar to pop

Check this one too event id 7036 flood

Yours don't seem to flood that much but never know.

Which service/s start-stop, does it show in the events?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/371684-service-control-manager-making-taskbar-pop.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I had noticed I was getting audit failures 5061 and was able to narrow it down to Nicosia streaming service. I stopped the service for that but now I don't even see success audits for system integrity. I am a little concerned and going bonkers over this. Using Windows 7 64bit. Ran malware bytes, Norton and Sfc scan and everything came back normal. I've checked my other Windows 7 computers and they all have system integrity checks from the moment the system boots. Am I going crazy or what? Thanks!

A:No system integrity checks are being shown in the event viewer in audit success.

There are errors which show up in the Event Viewer which really aren't problems.  Knowing what these are and which ones to be concerned about is not something you will be able to master overnight.  Please post the requested information below and we can get a better idea of what is going on.

Please download MiniToolBox to your desktop.

Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator.

You will see an image like the one below.

Click on the following checkboxes only:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, then copy it and paste it in your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597033/no-system-integrity-checks-are-being-shown-in-the-event-viewer-in-audit-success/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi this is in followup to a suggestion by Cookiegal http forums techguy org virus-oth luggish-computer-hjt-error- html post At the above site Cookiegal tried to help on the Application & Event Viewer computer System errors causing sluggish software end removing malware amp such but she said that I had what looks like Event Viewer System & Application errors causing sluggish computer hardware errors possibly with the BIOS Assistance here would be appreciated Following are the errors within the Event Viewer Event Viewer - Application Event Type Error Event Source Application Error Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer CPQ Description Fault bucket For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data b a Bucket d a Event Type Error Event Source Application Error Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer CPQ Description Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module unknown Event Viewer System & Application errors causing sluggish computer version fault address x For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data c Applicat f e c ion Fail ure exp c f e lorer ex e e e e e e b e f in unkno e e e wn e f at of fset d a Event Type Error Event Source Application Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer CPQ Description Faulting application drwtsn exe version faulting module dbghelp dll version fault address x d For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data c Applicat f e c ion Fail ure drw e e tsn ex e e e e e in c e dbghelp c c e e dll e f at off set d Event Type Error Event Source Application Error Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer CPQ Description Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module unknown version fault address x cb For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data c Applicat f e c ion Fail ure exp c f e lorer ex e e e e e e b e f in unkno e e e wn e f at of fset c d a b Event Viewer - System Event Type Warning Event Source Tcpip Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer CPQ Description TCP IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data T Event Type Error Event Source Service Control Manager Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer CPQ Description The Ati HotKey Poller service failed to start due to the following error The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type Error Event Source Service Control Manager Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer CPQ Description Timeout milliseconds waiting for the Ati HotKey Poller service to connect For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type Error Event Source ACPI Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer CPQ Description AMLI ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address x which lies in the x - x protected address range This could lead to system instability Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data R c Event Type Error Event Source ACPI Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer CPQ Description AMLI ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal IO port address x which lies in the x - x protected address range This could lead to system instability Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data R c Event Type Warning Event Source ... Read more

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi All

Can somebody please help with the following annoying little problem I am encountering?

I can't seem to detect and repair the source of the aforementioned titled 'Error Message'. The message reads (exactly) as follows:

"The Cfg Registry key denied access to SYSTEM account programs so the Service Control Manager took ownership of the Registry key".

It sounds a bit spooky and has got me completely baffled and bemused?

Appreciate any suggestions... THANKS.

A:Error, EventID: 7028, Service Control Manager

Well it may be a spooky problem, but the error isn't so much. Permissions are important and in your error its telling you 'hey this registry key did not allow SYSTEM access. SYSTEM is a high level access, and generally has more permissions than administrators. In this case the SCM took ownership of the key.

So the question is, is that ok? Should we allow this? Is there some problem that SYSTEM could not do this as it should?

To understand that we need to know more about the registry key item and error code.

Without knowing what caused this message (where you installing/uninstalling, doing nothing related, browsing the web, etc.) my first result on CFG key is it's a trojan:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_126220.htm

From the article:

This is a remote access trojan. When run, it drops itself and its config file to the "Program Files" folder such as:
C:\Program Files\Remote\RUNDLLL.exe
C:\Program Files\Remote\setup.ini

It creates the registry key to load itself when the host system is restarted.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "sys" = C:\Program Files\Remote\RUNDLLL.exe

It then opens tcp port 4778 and waits for remote commands. It also acts as a keylogger.
Symptoms -

Tcp port 4778 open on host system
Existence of the registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "sys" = C:\Program Files\Remote\RUNDLLL.exeClick to expand...
If so, then you need to clean it out and get rid of this registry key.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-eventid-7028-service-control-manager.736258/
Relevancy 68.37%

I need help please in identifying exactly what software 7036 - Manager Service Stop Critical - Control is involved I do not receive any error message only receive the critical stop audio and I do not observe any readily discernible software malfunction Critical Stop - 7036 - Service Control Manager My potential suspect is voidtools com everything exe Critical Stop - 7036 - Service Control Manager Details Properties are Log name System Source Service Control Manager Event ID Properties Details - System - Provider Name Service Control Manager Guid d -a d - - e e- d f EventSourceName Service Control Manager - EventID Critical Stop - 7036 - Service Control Manager Qualifiers Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer Larry-A C Security - EventData param Application Experience param stopped C F F B F XML View - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot d -a d - - e e- d f quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Larry-A C lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Application Experience lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt stopped lt Data gt lt Binary gt C F F B F lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Critical Stop - 7036 - Service Control Manager

Sorry, forgot "Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit" if that info is also required.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/324970-critical-stop-7036-service-control-manager.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Several months ago i got a fake rogue anti virus.I did a clean up with malware bytes , anti virus , register cleaner etc..all the scanners always show clean. And i posted here before to get the other stuff out but the bsod never left.For almost 6 months now. I popped up event viewer that reveals my crash , here ....its always the same , remote access then service control manager.-------------Windows debugger reveals its one of the nt kernal related programs. usually one that reads "nt krnl" or starts with "NT"help appreciated. And thnx in advance.

A:bsod/remote access/service control manager.

Apparently, when you scanned for viruses, it removed iprtmgr.dllWhich is a legitimate service

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265342/bsodremote-accessservice-control-manager/
Relevancy 68.37%

Good day all, new here. Problem is my computer RANDOMLY freezes after login, also sometimes when logging in after waking tower up from standy. I can put it into standby numerous times, log back in with no problems at all. Any ideas what is randomly happening. XP Pro sp3 & latest updates....THANX
msi p6n sli
msi 7950gt vc
kingston ddr 800
intel 3.16 duo 2 core
500w ps ??
bios #'s to follow..thanx Dai

A:Random Freezing w/Service Control Manager errors

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and tempretures and post them

run
chkdsk /r

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-freezing-w-service-control-manager-errors-305693.html
Relevancy 68.37%

The event viewer is repeatedly showing these errors and performce does seem sometimes slow (like waiting for something to time out). Anyone know what might cause these errors (the MS site suggest system resources might be low, but there's not much running on the PC, and plenty of memory).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-control-manager-errors-7000-7011.778122/
Relevancy 68.37%

This error is from my Friends computer and this is the report from Event Viewer I really think this is causing the problem that Crash Manager Causing Control Service Error makes his computer freeze randomly Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer BigRed -HP Description The Audio Service service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot d -a d - - e e- d f quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt Service Control Manager Error Causing Crash lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords Service Control Manager Error Causing Crash gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt BigRed -HP lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Audio Service lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt nbsp

A:Service Control Manager Error Causing Crash

The audio service failing would not cause a freeze. Heat and bad memory are more likely. I know because sometimes when I can't remember something, I'll freeze for a moment, too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-control-manager-error-causing-crash.1057791/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello there Just to let you know the context I have recovered from a severe malware Trojan Vundo infestation with the kind help of SifuMike from this very forum Before I decided to turn myself towards a helping hand I had to tackle with the infestation myself and namely had to dapple with into services msc and msconfig to disable some programs that would load at startup This in order to try to prevent further spread of the Failures (unable Viewer System Event Services Applications Will In And Not - Initialize) The Start To infestation Though the infestation is gone my PC running under Windows XP Professional SP still has some malfunctions - one of the most troubling facts is that if I put on the password protected screensaver when it resumes to fast switching user welcome page the password I type in to log in does not work Note that I run an administrator account I need to shut down and System And Applications Failures (unable To Initialize) In The Event Viewer - Services Will Not Start restart the computer to be able to log in - When I try to install uninstall software I have to start manually the Windows Installer Service and nonetheless receive he following error message quot the RPC server is unavailable quot although the Remote Procedure Call RPC service is started - in the System section of the Event Viewer I can see numerous errors pointing to services that fail to start e g and to name a few Remote Access Connection Manager Application Layer Gateway Service Workstation service Computer browser service Routing and Remote Access SSDPSRV service SSDP Discovery Service etc - ditto in the Application section of the Event Viewer e g MS-DTC Service DCOM service Windows search service etc I read that most services rely on others to start i e the first being prerequisites for the latter to start However I cannot see because those areas are greyed out dependencies in the dependencies tab I would like to ensure that I have all the necessary and useful services running on my PC I see that some services such as MS-DTC for instance are not able to log on their log in is password protected but do not know what to do about it In this respect I recall that I deleted a NT Authority System account while my PC was infected due to the weird name I suspected it was in relation to the infestation hard luck I should be most grateful if someone could give me a helping hand in relation to the above Do not hesitate to request from me any log or list of running services or errors in the System and Applications sections of the Event Viewer Thank you very much for your kind assistance Looking forward to reading from you Regards Captain Killgore

A:System And Applications Failures (unable To Initialize) In The Event Viewer - Services Will Not Start

Hello,It sounds like that the system has been through a lot. Download advanced windows care, the free version http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html this should solve quite a few of the problems and provide a solid foundation to diagnose further problems.In services.msc you mention that the dependencies list are greyed out, how long have you left the list to populate? the list takes anything from a few seconds to a minute to usually load. open the dependencies tab of installer and leave it for a while.Let us know how it goes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/127526/system-and-applications-failures-unable-to-initialize-in-the-event-viewer-services-will-not-start/
Relevancy 68.37%

The BCM RLY service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified The driver Driver WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI PNP A A amp daba ff amp PMEM is new other two been around a while The PMEM service failed to start due to the following error This driver has been blocked from loading C Windows SysWOW drivers pmemnt sys has been blocked from loading System Nagging Mssgs (BCM42RLY/PMEM/WUDFRd) ... Stable Viewer Event due to incompatibility with this system Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver Only negative aspect so far has been Windows backup wont run with an error message quot The service can not be started either because it us disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it x Checked the path on PMEM looks right Found at C Windows SysWOW drivers pmemnt sys C Windows System drivers pmemnt sys The BCM RLY is related to wireless which I tried installing reinstalling and it took me almost a week ti get wireless working again I believe it's related to the WUD one and that the other two are obviously also relatred to each other Will keep yahoo'ing but if any one else has seen before wud appreciate a pointer

A:System Stable ... Nagging Event Viewer Mssgs (BCM42RLY/PMEM/WUDFRd)

Do you still need assistance with this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/315660-system-stable-nagging-event-viewer-mssgs-bcm42rly-pmem-wudfrd.html
Relevancy 67.51%

After reading the steps to go through before posting I wanted to make sure I was not wasting anyone s time In normal Control Dcom Reboots; Service and Random errors Manager mode my Random Reboots; Service Control Manager and Dcom errors computer will run from mins to hours and then lock Random Reboots; Service Control Manager and Dcom errors up needing a hard reset I have run various malware programs and removed Google Chrome as it seemed to be happening more when I was using that browser Currently able to get the system to run consistently only in SAFE mode Does this sound like a situation you might be able to help with This one in the event viewer under DistributedCom quot DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments quot quot in order to run the server E B D-F A- D -B A - quot This one for the Service Control Manager quot The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start quot nbsp

A:Random Reboots; Service Control Manager and Dcom errors

Welcome aboard
Please, complete all steps listed here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:

Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
Never run more than one scan at a time.
Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-reboots-service-control-manager-and-dcom-errors.207453/
Relevancy 67.51%

I'm running Win 7 64 bit in a Windows 2003 R2 domain.

In the last 2 weeks I've gotten several blue screens and am not sure how to correct the problems.
I've run sfc /scannow and no problems were found.

I'm also seeing Service Control Manager errors in the Events Viewer and possible solutions from other posts on the Internet have not worked.

Folder redirection of the My Documents folder is setup in Group Policy yet there are errors that show folders like My Videos can not be created located on the file storage server and my account has full permissions.

Lastly, I am experiencing errors with Outlook 2010.

I've run the MiniToolBox utility and have attached the results.txt file so you can see these errors.

Any help is most appreciated.

timcin

A:Win 7 errors -Service Control Manager-folder redirection-conflicts

Are you using 64-bit or 32-bit Outlook? Microsoft confesses to a number of problems with 64-bit Office applications.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-errors-service-control-manager-folder-redirection-conflicts.1058019/
Relevancy 67.08%

Thanks for any help.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: WinMgmt
Event ID: 5603
Date: 28/11/2006
Time: 17:57:33
User: USER-2F62D3344E\user
Computer: USER-2F62D3344E
Description:
A provider, OffProv11, has been registered in the WMI namespace, Root\MSAPPS11, but did not specify the HostingModel property. This provider will be run using the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests. Ensure that provider has been reviewed for security behavior and update the HostingModel property of the provider registration to an account with the least privileges possible for the required functionality.

A:What's this event in event viewer? (event source WinMgmt)

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;891642
this might help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/whats-this-event-in-event-viewer-event-source-winmgmt-128694.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I am having a problem with my fathers computer I am on vacation and have been trying to figure it out for days Explorer exe crashes and restarts I have done scans and registry repairs with no luck He had xp home and I upgraded to xp pro thinking that might fix it but no it didnt Please help Below are the DDS txt and hijack this reports DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Ron at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Trend Micro Internet Security Pro On-access scanning enabled Updated D BC- CC- - E- E AF FW Trend Micro Personal Firewall enabled E E E- A D- -A F - EC F EB Running Processes C WINDOWS Service DHCP, errors, sysavp.dll DCOM, Manager, Control Explorer.exe system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exeC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Explorer.exe errors, Service Control Manager, DCOM, DHCP, sysavp.dll Security TMAS OE TMAS OEMon exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exeC Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure TSCFCommander exeC Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure TSCFPlatformCOMSvr exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC TOOLS PROCEXP EXEC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Explorer.exe errors, Service Control Manager, DCOM, DHCP, sysavp.dll Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files MSN Messenger livecall exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system mmc exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exeC Documents and Settings Ron Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google comuSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf BHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dllBHO Ad... Read more

A:Explorer.exe errors, Service Control Manager, DCOM, DHCP, sysavp.dll

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247627/explorerexe-errors-service-control-manager-dcom-dhcp-sysavpdll/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi.
After uninstalling a trial version of "Acrobat" pre-loaded on my laptop I receive a message "Windows could not connect to the system event notification service".
System event log entry is the same as thread Vista Event ID: 10 WMI ; which is a closed thread without "detailed" steps to resolve problem, merely stating "Deleted contents of Repostory & rebooted".
Can anyone please help further.
Many thanks.

A:System Event Notification Service

I'm unsure if this is the correct thing to do - but here's how to clear the repository (originally found at this link: Repairing and re-registering the WMI ):

Open an elevated (run as Administrator) Command Prompt and type
"net stop winmgmt" (without quotes) and press Enter.
Leave this window open as you'll reuse it again later.

Open Windows Explorer, navigate to %windir%\System32\Wbem\Repository (%windir% is usually C:\Windows ). Rename the Repository folder to Repository_OLD
Then close Windows Explorer

Go back to the elevated Command Prompt and type:
"net start winmgmt" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Then type "exit" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Then close the elevated Command Prompt window and see if that fixed things.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289312-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,
New to WindowsXP (Pro) ,I did some reading here and there,
visited the commonly referenced sites in the forums like ElderGeek
and BlackViper's but it's not clear to me if I need some stuff running...

Have some of you disabled the above SENS service and/or
COM+ Event System service at your system ?
Did you have any problems ?
(I don't like all this logging and -maybe- useless processing)

I have a standalone PC connected with a modem to the Net.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

A:System Event Notification service

edsod said:

Hello,
New to WindowsXP (Pro) ,I did some reading here and there,
visited the commonly referenced sites in the forums like ElderGeek
and BlackViper's but it's not clear to me if I need some stuff running...

Have some of you disabled the above SENS service and/or
COM+ Event System service at your system ?
Did you have any problems ?
(I don't like all this logging and -maybe- useless processing)

I have a standalone PC connected with a modem to the Net.

Thanks in advance for any responses. Click to expand...
I have com + event on manual and system event on auto

I do however have quite a few others shutdown and here is my preferred site to read on those services.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-event-notification-service.230385/
Relevancy 65.79%

I was running DMark and got a BSOD code After that every Event and every time Logs BSOD After 3011 ID Event I boot Viewer 3012 time I boot Event Viewer logs Error Codes ID and Attached are screenshots of both I googled this and found two different threads where someone suggested to rebuild the performance counters After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot Both responses were basically the same below is one Neither of the OP's came back and said if this worked for After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot them Re LoadPerf Hi- I had the same problem with LoadPerf and here is what I found out All performance counter names and explain text are maintained in string tables managed by the performance counter subsystem Perflib The current contents of the performance counter string tables are corrupted and cannot be displayed To correct the problem rebuild the string tables User Action To rebuild the string tables on the computer that displayed the message at the command After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot prompt type Lodctr r The contents of the string tables are automatically rebuilt I hope this helps Since this was from XP and the other response was for Vista I wanted to see if the guru's at SevenForums thought that this was okay before I did this Here are the screenshoots of my two errors

A:After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot

Rebuilding the string tables as outlined in my first post fixed the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305115-after-bsod-event-viewer-logs-event-id-3012-3011-every-time-i-boot.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi keep getting the errors above every startup regarding - Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications - The Crypkey License service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified - The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load NetworkX - Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles 7026), 7: viewer event Windows freeze. and errors intellipoint Event (11, 7000, leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Classes Process Device HarddiskVolume Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - CLASSES - The content source lt csc S- - - - - - Windows 7: Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze. - gt cannot be accessed Context Application SystemIndex Catalog Details HRESULT x x I have admin user profiles Each time I login the loading happens and then I notice my side mouse button of Microsoft Comfort Optical doesnt operate as customised in Intellipoint It takes a long time before it does respond If I try to launch event viewer or mouse customisation softwares they freeze temporarily and I have to force close them shows me a windows shell error Windows 7: Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze. when I do this I've tried System restore and safe mode and many solutions via google associated with symptoms and error ids but no avail Please help me fix this - Thanks

A:Windows 7: Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603889/windows-7-event-errors-11-7000-7026-intellipoint-and-event-viewer-freeze/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi keep getting the errors above every startup regarding - quot Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application The system administrator should review the list intellipoint Event freeze. (11, viewer 7026), event errors and 7000, of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications quot - quot The Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze. Crypkey License service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified quot - quot The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load NetworkX quot - quot Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Classes Process Device HarddiskVolume Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - CLASSES quot - quot The content source lt csc S- - - - - - - gt cannot be accessed Context Application SystemIndex Catalog Details HRESULT x x quot I have admin user profiles Each time I login the loading happens and then I notice my side mouse button of Microsoft Comfort Optical doesnt operate as customised in Intellipoint It takes a long time before it does respond If I try to launch event viewer or mouse customisation softwares they freeze temporarily and I have to force close them shows me a windows shell error when I do this I've tried System restore and safe mode and many solutions via google associated with symptoms and error ids but no avail Please help me fix this - Thanks

A:Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze.

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!
Please contact an admin to move this thread, because this isn't the appropriate section for these kinds of problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/390571-event-errors-11-7000-7026-intellipoint-event-viewer-freeze.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I was hoping somebody could offer an insight on the below as searching around I've not found much to go on other than quot overheating quot Basically my laptop has Home (W7 event 18/19 Viewer errors WHEA-Logger in Event Premium) been having very high temperatures for a long time usually C for CPU and often - for GPU insanely high in other words For example see how hot the machine gets just by resuming from a sleep this is all within a minute or so I have been seeing the following error in event viewer each time I start Windows entries for some time So today I bit the bullet and had the back cover off the laptop and noticed what a bad state the thermal compound was in for both the CPU and the chipset WHEA-Logger event 18/19 errors in Event Viewer (W7 Home Premium) chip so wiped it off using TIM Cleaner and then applied new thermal compound and put the laptop back together I was actually shocked because for the first time since I can remember I could feel cold air blowing from the vents of my laptop I logged into Windows and noticed that my temperatures had fallen and were staying at around the below Not as low as I'd like but a massive improvement Trouble is I am still getting the WHEA-Logger event errors in Windows Event Viewer 'processor core' and wondered if this was not in regards to overheating after all The plus side is my laptop is now almost totally silent - the way it must have been when I bought it new years ago But I was wondering how to investigate these WHEA-Logger errors if anyone has any advice that'd be great Thanks PS - I think I accidentally got some TIM Cleaner spilt on the carpet Might be nothing to worry about but I did notice the quot Harmful quot hazard symbol on the bottle - need I be worried and no I am not talking about the carpet talking about me and wondering how harmful it actually is lol Cheers

A:WHEA-Logger event 18/19 errors in Event Viewer (W7 Home Premium)

First, well done on applying the thermal paste to the cpu/gpu. I assume you cleaned the vents as well. Did you use arctic silver 5 (just curious)?

I wonder if the processor could have been damaged from the heat. Are you experiencing any BSODs or other problems? You can run Prime95 to test your system. And Furmark for gpu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/210307-whea-logger-event-18-19-errors-event-viewer-w7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi keep getting the errors above every startup regarding - quot Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications quot 7000, viewer errors event (11, and Event intellipoint freeze. 7026), - quot The Crypkey License service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified quot - quot The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load NetworkX quot - quot Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze. leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Classes Process Device HarddiskVolume Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - CLASSES quot - quot The content source lt csc S- - - - - - - gt cannot be accessed Context Application SystemIndex Catalog Details HRESULT x x quot I have admin user profiles Each time I login the loading happens and then I notice my side mouse button of Microsoft Comfort Optical doesnt operate as customised in Intellipoint It takes a long time before it does respond If I try to launch event viewer or mouse customisation softwares they freeze temporarily and I have to force close them shows me a windows shell error when I do this I've tried System restore and safe mode and many solutions via google associated with symptoms and error ids but no avail Please help me fix this - Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/390571-event-errors-11-7000-7026-intellipoint-event-viewer-freeze.html
Relevancy 65.36%

My Buddy's computer keeps freezing up. Each time it throws out this error: Service control manager ? the following boot start? szkg. EC driver not working, Embedded control ec hardware didn?t respond in the time out period. Whats the deal and what should be done to fix the problem?

A:Error Message - Service Control Manager – The Following Boot Start… Szkg. Ec Driver Not Working

Worth reading, IMO: http://www.freedomlist.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=175505Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141712/error-message-service-control-manager-the-following-boot-start-szkg-ec-driver-not-working/
Relevancy 65.36%

It's been a while since I've experienced a BSOD as I'm viewing a video on youtube It would freeze as if the audio was caught watching videos Event Event BSOD Viewer on 41 in youtube, when in mid-stream then BSOD then would restart automatically I go to Event Viewer after windows as loaded and I see Event Kernel-Power in there I had this issue before and we found out that the motherboard was causing the issue I BSOD when watching videos on youtube, Event 41 in Event Viewer have also replaced my video card and added BSOD when watching videos on youtube, Event 41 in Event Viewer additional memory and expanded to gb Before I only have gb Ran sfc scannow with no errors found Going to do chkdsk as well It's strange because this does not happen at all when I'm playing online games or even just standard browsing It's when I play videos on youtube that there would be instances where this would happen There are other times where I can view them without any issue at all Any ideas would be great Also how can I attach the windows DMP file to scale it down as it is just really large Thanks again guys

A:BSOD when watching videos on youtube, Event 41 in Event Viewer

Hello Santos, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by later when able to further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/324644-bsod-when-watching-videos-youtube-event-41-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 65.36%

After too many The 8.1 supported is request logs. Pro, (50) Viewer cannot open Win not event Event unexplained problems I decided to reinstall Windows Pro x and migrate off of SBS Standard In addition to the primary workstation that can't read any event logs I built five Server R servers Hyper-V host Active Directory VM Exchange VM SQL Server VM Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) and WSUS VM I was diagnosing why my workstation's Outlook cannot reach the local Exchange Server nbsp nbsp I tried to look at the event logs and Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) found the Event Viewer cannot open the event log or custom view nbsp Verify that Event Log service is running it is or the query is too long whatever that indicates nbsp The request is not supported Looking at the directory of the event logs folder nbsp It appears that most logs are empty which is understandable since Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) it's a rebuilt installation nbsp I found a small number of Applications and Services Logs and it appears nothing was logged since six days ago on nbsp nbsp On support forums I found many have this exact problem on Win Win and Win nbsp Of the solutions posted none of them would even execute on my Win Pro x machine nbsp I tried clearing the event logs WEVTUTIL CL logfilename and am told Failed to clear log The request is not supported nbsp It's very difficult to diagnose why Outlook cannot reach Exchange even if Outlook is installed on the Exchange server machine just as a test nbsp The web-based Outlook owa ecp all work fine nbsp Email is coming and going nbsp nbsp This may appear cynical but I'm sure Microsoft would tell me to refresh the Windows Pro X machine even though I just reinstalled from scratch nbsp Let's clarify I had to Install Win Pro to upgrade to Pro in order to upgrade that to Windows Pro nbsp I tested the refresh some time ago and found it left my machine in a mess nbsp That is why I'm doing a complete new installation I already tried SFC nbsp Someone must understand the problem so a solution can be found and documented When I discuss this rebuild effort of workstation and servers I tell people if this doesn't work out then I'll make the move to Linux nbsp I have many Linux and UNIX workstations and servers sitting around here so the temptation is eating away at me br type moz - Michael Faklis

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/22647500-d985-42bd-b156-6b699d7f941f/win-81-pro-event-viewer-cannot-open-event-logs-the-request-is-not-supported-50?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 65.36%

EDIT: ARGH, sorry, meant to post this in General Discussion forum, I have no idea if it is a network issue.

Hello everyone,

I keep seeing this error appear several times a day, even during idle, in my Event Viewer. I did a clean install of build 10586 less than a month ago. I'm not having any overt issues yet, but the error is disturbing.

SettingSyncHost (9144) {979B90BD-0F81-4D83-B038-62032DD17C47}: Database C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync\metastore\meta.edb: Index deleteDetection of table items is corrupted (0).
I have spent a few hours researching this and I can't find any reports of similar issues or even what the file metastore\meta.edb is for. Is this hopefully one I can just rename and it'll automatically create a new one?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32490-event-viewer-errors-settingsynchost-source-esent-event-467-a.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Well I tryed to manage page-file but unfortunataly it resulted in problems Then I lost VAIO-CARE and ZIP files too When I open Event Viewer every single day I see this event Viewer 2002, EapHost, Log Event Source: Application Event Id Id Souce Eap Host Log name Application and number of Eventes As I am desparate about that What sould I do Reinstall VAIO-care or WHAT Event Viewer Event Id 2002, Source: EapHost, Log Application else Please help me Well I can say that before of all I tryed to install vopt latest version but it was not freeware and I soon had to uninstall it but it was not getting to uninstall from programs and features and then I used register editor to delete the leftovers which desapered from program and features but I can see several error in event viewr such as Event MsInstaller gt gt gt gt Product Vaio Media Plus -- Error - An instalation for the product Vaio Media Plus cannot be found Try the installation again using a valid copy of the instalation package 'VMP VEPMMx msi' So should I reinstall all vaio care or not By the way I tryed to install vopt in order to align files in hard drive but when I tryed to manage page file it did not work as should have so I lost vaio care What to do can you figure out what going on

A:Event Viewer Event Id 2002, Source: EapHost, Log Application

Welcome to the forums Marioo!

Have you tried a system restore to a point before these errors started? (Easiest things first) You could also try a sfc/scannow, to find and possibly repair any corrupted system files. We have many fine tutorials here at the forums, written by some very knowledgeable people, heres a link to one if you haven't did this before :

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/319083-event-viewer-event-id-2002-source-eaphost-log-application.html
Relevancy 65.36%

hi!

I am using win 7 home basic edition.
There was a power failure and could not shut down the system.
when i started the system it gave me this error.

Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification
Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the
system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for
details about why the service didn't respond.

i have also booted in safe mode and went to the command prompt in safe mode and did a netsh winsock reset.But still i am getting this error.does anybody know a solution to this problem?

Thanks
Mahesh

A:System event notification service error!!!

Try using system restore. I am quite certain that will resolve your problem

System Restore

You may try an sfc scan first, but I am not as certain about the results.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/107201-system-event-notification-service-error.html
Relevancy 65.36%

My HP with Windows 7 suddenly gives me the following error message on startup: "Failed to connect to a Windows service: Could not connect to System Event Notification Service." Among other things, this prevents me from connecting to my wireless network, so I can't get on-line. . Rebooting doesn't help. And the problem occurs regardless of whether I sign on as administrator or as general user.

More: I can't access the Windows Help & Support pages. And I'm told to "see System Events log" for details, but when I try, it says "Event Log Service is unavailable."

I have tried netsh winsock reset but it doesnt help

Please help!

A:Could not connect to System Event Notification Service

Same problem exactly. Tried disabling Kaspersky (internet security 2011) and restarting, but no change. System's been buggy all along, so this just seems like the natural progression of things... But no network connection is pretty hard to work around!

For me this started after i interrupted a shut down by closing the laptop - which puts it into hibernation mid-shut down... Which may or may not be a contributing factor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-not-connect-to-system-event-notification-service.999750/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi There--please be patient with me this is the first time i have ever tried to post on forum sites My computer has recently been playing up at the startup I keep getting the Vista notifcation service event system above notices and my computer will not connect to the internet--I have only been able to connect by turning the computer Vista system event notifcation service back by doing a system restore I have as you instructed run the tool as posted the information below I am not very techhy so any instructions to help could they be made simple basically and idiots guide Hopefully i have done this alright for you --dont know what these tags things are for a bottom of post so i have just missed them out kind regards Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD PRO Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc RY Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

I have a problem with the system event notification service. Whenever I use my Asus V1JP-AK028E with Vista Business to access any Standard User account, it comes up with an error message - "Login failed, System Event Notification Service service could not start. Contact a system administrator".

When using password login to a Maintenance account I created, it comes up with the same error. This is an administrator account. When using fingerprint login to this account, it works, but the error message comes up in a popup when I first see my desktop, and then I'm logged off.

This was new yesterday, and I don't have the Vista Business disk, because it was preinstalled by PowerPlay Direct Ltd. If anyone has any ideas, please email me on [email protected] Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-event-notification-service-error-157333.html