Windows Support Forum

Wish to edit detail properties of files in window

Q: Wish to edit detail properties of files in window

I have a large number of files which I am changing the naming convention for in the Title detail and am getting frustrated having to right click for properties and anvigate tabs ebfore being able to change each one. I can see the Title of the files in the Details view of the folder they are in, but there cannot find a way to edit them in that view other than the manner previosuly stated.

That being said, does anyone know of a workaround that would allow me to change each title without aving to jump through hoops to edit them?

Thanks in advance.

-Clockwork

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wish to edit detail properties of files in window

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wish to edit detail properties of files in window

Welcome to the Forums Clockwork,

So if I get it correctly you want to rename multiple files at once?
If so, go to the folder they are located in, click anywhere in the folder, hit crtl and a at the same time to select all the files and then hit F2

After that you'll see that the name banner of the first file in the folder turned empty. You can now type the name you want it to have in, and hit enter. It will change all the files to that name, followed up by a number.
Hope that that helps!
Nommy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291142-wish-edit-detail-properties-files-window.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Is possible and how to copy information of Detail tab of any files properties.

A:Is possible and how to copy information of Detail tab of any files properties.

That would be metadata and other than the file name I don't think so with windows. Perhaps these sites will help with other tools designed to extract metadata. Note though that I haven't tried any of these.

FotoForensics
Metadata Extraction Tool - Introduction
Comparison of metadata editors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300453-possible-how-copy-information-detail-tab-any-files-properties.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I recently upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate. Now I can't change the artist, album, genre, etc. info on any of my music files when I go to the file's Properties and under the Details tab, or with the tags at the bottom of the Windows Explorer. If I try to change something and click apply or OK, it just changes right back. I have all the permissions checked under my account. I tried unchecking the Read-Only attribute of the folder and files, but it after I click apply or OK, again, it changes back when I reopen the dialog box.There are several other threads with the same problem, but none have a satisfactory answer/solution. I had no problem with this before I upgraded. Please help, it's very frustrating. Also, I'd rather a SOLUTION from Microsoft rather than a way around it with third party tag software. Thanks.

A:Cannot edit file properties for mp3 files in Windows 7

Hi,

I would like to confirm if this issue occurs on every music file.

You can take a file from C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music and test it.

If it only occurs on some files, please let me know the file format and where they came from.

To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following steps:

Enable built-in admin account
==============
1. Click Start, click "All Programs", please find and open "Accessories" folder.
2. Please right-click on "Command Prompt" item and select "Run as administrator".
3. Please type the following command line in to the coming window.

net user administrator /active:yes

Note: There is a space between "Administrator" and "/active:yes".

4. Log off and log on the Administrator account.

Does it work?Vivian Xing - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d226a3ba-6f4a-43b9-ae2a-7910bb77d498/cannot-edit-file-properties-for-mp3-files-in-windows-7?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 69.66%

Mod edit Moved to Malware Logs forum boopme All my desk top files open in a rt click window only properties and its very new I in open files window properties ran anti malware nothing found ran combo fix here are the results ComboFix - - files open in properties window - becky - x Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Running from E ComboFix exeAV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated E - ED- F -A - BCB F SP Microsoft Security Essentials files open in properties window Enabled Updated DF E - D - BB- B - D E files open in properties window BFDE SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Other Deletions c users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgcebc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb background htmlc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb crossriderManifest jsonc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData manifest xmlc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins jsonc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins base jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins dealply m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins intext m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins jollywallet m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins corticas m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins icm m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins coupons intext ads m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins similar web m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins luck m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins intext adv m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins superfish no search no coupons m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins arcadi m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins revizer ws m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins revizer p m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins superfish pricora m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins CrossriderAppUtils jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins arcadi m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins getdeal m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins CrossriderUtils jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensio... Read more

A:files open in properties window

should hav done it befor I used  adaware and it found the culprit  now I am up and running again Gosh I love this site.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522550/files-open-in-properties-window/
Relevancy 61.92%

My previous OS was Windows -bit I used edit in mp3 Can't details properties rip my favorite music tracks and was able to edit the details in the Details tab of the Can't edit mp3 details in properties Properties window after right-clicking on the file name The system hardware is the same OS is now Windows -bit But when I open the mp file's property window and go to the details tab I get fewer options in detail and I CANNOT edit any one of them I have run sfc - no problem I have opened the Explorer as Administrator and still the same issue Here's the screen capture It might help to know that I am the sole user of the desktop PC And that I have another PC at another place with same configuration also running Win -bit On that PC for the same file I see more details on the screen and I can edit the fields I might post the capture from that PC later when I go there Meanwhile any ideas for this odd behavior I also ran the mp Tag to get over the possible issue with ID tags Need help to solve this Thanks

A:Can't edit mp3 details in properties

Some program might be "hogging"it. Shut down all the programs that might be using it and try.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30399-cant-edit-mp3-details-properties.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,

I am searching for commands in Command Prompt to edit the window's properties, like whether it is fullscreen or not.
I know this is possible with simply right clicking and hitting "Defaults" but I would like commands to write in a batch file to have these start upon initialization.
Do these kind of commands exist? If so, what are they?

Thank you,
John

A:CMD Commands to Edit Properties

You can change the width and number of lines using the Mode command
MODE CON COLS=X LINES=Y
You can change Color using the Color command.
To set full screen mode, you'd have to modify the shortcut that starts the Command Prompt. YOu might be able to create two shortcuts, and call the one you want; I've not tried that. I don't think the environment would be preserved, so you would have to use a file to pass any variables.
You can edit the registry using reg.exe, or regedit and a pre-made file, so that the next Command Prompt opened from the Run box is fullscreen or windowed.
The value is here:

Code:
Key Name: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console
Name: FullScreen
Type: REG_DWORD
Data: 0 Windowed
Data: 1 FullScreen

Or you can use the CMDOW utility to change the fullscreen mode.
Or use VBScript and the SENDKEYS method to send the ALT+ENTER keystroke, or use an AutoHotKey or AutoIt script. One of those may have a built in command to start a prompt Fullscreen; I know you can chose minimized, maximized, active, inactive, etc when you open a window, but I don't know if Fullscreen is an option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cmd-commands-to-edit-properties.935751/
Relevancy 61.06%

i mean like changing the descriptions, adding comments etc. in XP i could do that by right clicking on a video file for ex and then details, and by clicking on "comment" the mouse crosier would start blinking ready to write in.

In vista every thing is locked up there.

A:how do i edit file properties in vista?

To do so you have to switch the Sharing feature on

1. Right click on folder
2. Select properties
3. select sharing tab
4. Select advanced sharing
5. Tick share this folder
6. Add your comments

You can then also select Permissions to add different types of access to different users

*I can only do this in english sorry*

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-do-i-edit-file-properties-in-vista-230416.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I might just be being lazy here but Having created a major upgrade for a client s Access database The client is still running release on site while we have been creating release using a replica of release I will be taking the beta release to site in the next month or so Part of the upgrade entails editing the properties of certain fields in a table and adding new fields to it as well Using a replica of the client database we manually added the new fields and edited the properties here away from site but on site I think it might be more elegant to have a means to run a VBA script to do it for me This way I can test it off site and just run it on site for speed and accuracy So is there a way in VBA land to - Open a table for editing its field properties - Add new fields with their associated properties to that table Any pointers would be gratefully received Chris nbsp

A:Solved: Edit table properties in VBA?

You can do it with VBA, but I bet it'd be easier to author and implement an ALTER TABLE query. The capability's already there; let Jet SQL do the work for you.

Simply upload the query to the clients and run it.

I don't know what to say beyond that without some more specific information.

chris.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-edit-table-properties-in-vba.453829/
Relevancy 61.06%

Using Windows & Home Premium SP1...

I am trying to troubleshoot a problem with my outlook pst files (outlook no longer recognizes it as a pst file following a fresh Office 2010 install- I was using 2010 before the reinstall. I recently had to recover the files from another drive).I noticed the file had a 1982 date (something my sync software occasionally does), thinking that might be the problem).... but I could not change the date on the file!

So I have a more basic problem.

I am administrator. As a test, I created a text file, and can easily change the file name. But I cannot edit any of the attributes under Properties /Details. I want to change the modified date.

If I click on Value, nothing happens (greyed out)

I tried the option to remove personal information - it makes the copy, but I still cannot edit the date.

What are my next steps??

A:Cannot edit properties/details of any file

Open Windows Explorer. Navigate to the file you want to edit. Left click once on the file. In the Details Pane at the bottom of the WE window right click to the right of the property you want to edit and that will put the detail in a box where you can edit it.
More importantly sort out why the date is getting changed to an earlier date. Sounds like a duff bios battery to me!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280713-cannot-edit-properties-details-any-file.html
Relevancy 61.06%

So here s what I m going through now I have about Gb of Batch Edit Folder Properties? to Is Way a There music on my computer This is what I am attempting to do Music Folder gt Artist gt Album s gt song files extensionFor the Album s folders I want the template to be quot Is There a Way to Batch Edit Folder Properties? music quot and with details view For the main Music Folder and all Artist folders I want them to the quot general quot template with Icon view half way between large and extra large What I have done so far Select my main Music Folder set it to quot music quot template and checked apply to sub-folders Apply and OK Refresh Set the view to quot details quot go to Organize gt Folder and Search Options view tab apply to all folders of this type Select the main Music Folder again set it to quot general quot template without apply to sub-folders checked and hit apply Changed the view of main Music Folder to quot icon quot view So far it is Music Folder general template gt Artist music template gt Album s music template gt song files extensionNow here s the problem if I change the Music Folder to have general items template and apply to sub-folders it s going to also apply it to the album folders I don t want it applied to I tried selecting all of the Artist folders at once and right-click edit and change to quot general quot template without checking the apply to sub-folders but it will not batch change all of them and will only change the one that I click on Without this simple ability I am going to have to manually select all Artist folders and individually change each one to general So is there a way to batch edit this at all either in Windows or with a third-party program really any way at all

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465825/is-there-a-way-to-batch-edit-folder-properties/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a client who is a professional photographer. She has had a problem because when she would edit her photos on the computer, they were too dark. A gentleman at the photo shop gave her a file to put on her computer in the settings on the display properties. It worked for a while, but now when she reboots, it will flash to the desired setting for a minute and then it goes back to the previous display that she does not want.

I tried to reset but it continued with the same. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this file and the display to stay?

She is using windows ME

Thanks so much!

Relevancy 61.06%

Hey all,

Usually, I am able to edit the tags shown on the Details tab in the Properties dialog of an mp3 file like shown here:
Now, I'm not able to do this anymore for any mp3 file. When hovering over the tags the cursor doesn't change into a typing cursor. The read-only checkbox for every mp3 file is disabled. However, the folders that contain the concerning mp3 files are checked as read-only but it doesn't save the change when I uncheck that.

How can I fix this without downloading any third-party software? This used to work shortly after I installed Windows 8.1 x64.
I use WMP for playing the files.

A:Why can't I edit mp3 tags in Explorer Properties?

If you didn't install any software that would set itself as default for .mp3 then I would suspect a Windows Update. If that is so I have no idea which one. I stuck with Windows 8.0.

Edit: Just out of curiosity I opened the details page of an .mp3 and I could edit it just as you specified.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/63345-why-cant-i-edit-mp3-tags-explorer-properties.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have just recently acquired a brand new laptop running Windows 8, and I'm experiencing an issue with editing the details of MP3 files. I can right-click any MP3 to open its properties and access the Details tab, but when I click on the fields for the different tags, nothing happens.

I don't recall ever having this issue on my previous laptop with Windows Vista, so I'm at loss trying to understand what is going on here. I'm not very tech savvy about the subject of permissions and accessibility, but it doesn't really seem to be related to that. The files are listed under my local user directory.

A:Unable to edit MP3 properties in Windows 8

hi, been using a computer to
play mp3's, but never had reason to do what you are trying ,what is it you expect when you fields for different tags [what ever that means]

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/34436-unable-edit-mp3-properties-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Basically, I've played KotOR through several times now, and I'm looking to use a Hex editor to make it give me all of the Feats and Force Powers, just for the sake of having the fun of goofing around with them. I downloaded Hex Toolbox from Download.com, but I can't figure out what all the coding means. In the little sidebar, next to the coding, it has what looks to be what all the coding means, because I saw some of the properties of the PC I'm trying to edit, along with all of the dialog I've run through in the Saved Game. I can't even figure out how to change the coding, never used a Hex Editor before, so some help would be much appreciated.

A:Anyone know how to use a Hex Editor to edit a Saved Game's properties?

Why not just get a trainer instead...

Version 1.0 trainer

Version 1.01 trainer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anyone-know-how-to-use-a-hex-editor-to-edit-a-saved-games-properties.191757/
Relevancy 60.2%

need help on editing system system properties windows 7 ultimate
and also how to delete email

youtube video of what i need help with

A:how do i edit system properties windows 7 ultimate

Do you have Service Pack 1 (Windows 7 update) installed?
You can check it in any window by pressing ALT and them menu Help - About Windows
Version and build number

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/198465-how-do-i-edit-system-properties-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi When I click on the dropdown beside a document and select Edit Properties I get something like the below instead of the Edit Properties page version quot quot Computer Page 3.0 Properties Issue WSS - Sharepoint Edit generated object language file object MRKR quot Main quot Data Type HeaderBlock Version String quot quot Printer Info Orientation Page Width Page Height Margin type Top Margin Left Margin Bottom Margin Right Margin Marker Options Console Width Main Style quot Maximized quot MDI Rect Dives Dive quot A quot Windows Sharepoint WSS 3.0 - Edit Properties Page Issue View Index Window Info Window Rect Window Style quot Maximized Front quot Sharepoint WSS 3.0 - Edit Properties Page Issue Window Name quot Stock Code stockanalysis mdl-Dive A quot Dependent bool quot FALSE quot Colset Dive Type quot Normal quot Dimension Name quot Stock Code quot Action List Actions Action Type quot Select quot select type Action Type quot Select quot select type Key Names quot Stock Code quot Key Indexes quot PC - -CAS quot quot PC - -BUR quot quot PC - -CAS quot quot PC - -SLA quot quot PC - -KIL quot quot PC - -SLA quot quot PC - -KIL quot quot PC - -BUR quot quot PC - -CAS quot quot PC - -SLA quot quot PC - -KIL quot quot PC - -BUR quot quot PC -SET-CAS quot quot PC -SET-SLA quot quot PC - -CAS quot quot PC - -SLA quot quot PC - -KIL quot quot PC - -BUR quot quot PC - -CAS quot quot PC - -SLA quot quot PC - -KIL quot quot PC - -BUR quot quot PC - -CAS quot quot PC - -SLA quot quot PC - -KIL quot quot PC - -BUR quot quot PC -SET-CAS quot quot PC -SET-SLA quot quot PC -SET-BUR quot quot PB - -CAS quot quot PB - -SLA quot quot PB - -BUR quot quot PB - -CAS quot quot PB - -SLA quot quot PB - -BUR quot quot PR -CRI quot quot PR -RED quot quot PR -SLA quot quot PR - -BLA quot quot PR - -GLE quot quot PR - -SLY quot quot PR - -BLA quot quot PR - -GLE quot quot PR - -SLY quot quot PLA - -SAN quot quot PLA - -SIL quot quot PLA - -SLA quot quot PLA - -SAN quot quot PLA - -SIL quot quot PLA - -SLA quot quot PMA -BLA quot quot PMA -CAM quot quot PLA - -SAN quot quot PLA - -SIL quot quot PLA - -SLA quot quot PFG - -RIM quot quot PFG - -MIL quot quot PFG - -VER quot quot PFG - -RIM quot quot PFG - -MIL quot quot PFG - -VER quot quot PFT - -RIM quot quot PFT - -MIL quot quot PFT - -VER quot quot PFT - -RIM quot quot PFT - -MIL quot quot PFT - -VER quot quot PFB - -GRE quot quot PFB - -SLA quot quot PFB - -SAN quot quot PFB - -TER quot quot PFB - -GRE quot quot PFB - -GRE quot quot PFB - -GRE quot quot PFR - -GRE quot quot PFR - -SLA quot quot PFR - -SAN quot quot PFR - -SAN quot quot PFC - -SIL quot quot PFC - -SLA quot quot PFC - -SAN quot quot PFC - -SIL quot quot PFC - -SLA quot quot PFC - -SAN quot quot AAS-BAS quot quot AAS-CAN quot quot AAS-CAS quot quot ABS-BAS quot quot ABS-CAS quot quot ABS-CAN quot quot ABS-COR quot quot ADS-BAS quot quot ADS-CAS quot quot ADS-CAN quot quot ARS-BAS quot quot ARS-CAS quot quot AVB-BRI quot quot BC- - quot quot BC- - quot quot PC - -CAS-H quot quot PC - -SLA-H quot quot PC - -KIL-H quot quot PC - -BUR-H quot quot PC - -CAS-H quot quot PC - -SLA-H quot quot PC - -KIL-H quot quot PC - -BUR-H quot quot PC - -CAS-H quot quot PC - -SLA-H quot quot PC - -KIL-H quot quot PC - -BUR-H quot quot PC -SET-CAS-H quot quot PC -SET-SLA-H quot quot PC - -CAS-H quot quot PC - -KIL-H quot quot PC - -SLA-H quot quot PC - -CAS-H quot quot PC - -KIL-H quot quot PC - -SLA-H quot quot PC - -CAS-H quot quot PC - -KIL-H quot quot PC - -SLA-H quot quot PC -SET-CAS-H quot quot PC -SET-SLA-H quot quot PR - -BLA-H quot quot PR - -GLE-H quot quot PR - -SLY-H quot quot PR - -BLA-H quot quot PR - -GLE-H quot quot PR - -SLY-H quot quot PLA - -SAN-H quot quot PLA - -SIL-H quot quot PLA - -SLA-H quot quot PLA - -SAN-H quot quot PLA - -SIL-H quot quot PLA - -SLA-H quot quot PMA -BLA-H quot quot PMA -CAM-H quot quot PLA - -SAN-H quot quot PLA - -SIL-H quot quot PLA - -SLA-H quot quot PFG - -RIM-H quot quot PFG - -MIL-H quot quot PFG - -VER-H quo... Read more

Relevancy 60.2%

I've got a very cheeky question would like to ask about Are there do inside the or fake How edit system properties?? everything we any possible ways where we could possibly edit or change everything inside the System Properties by right clicking on My Computer Properties on the desktop I've tried something called the Fake Your Specs Fake your Specs - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download com But that doesn't How do we fake or edit everything inside the system properties?? really apply to the Registration Entries it only applied to show only Are there any way we could do this So if we want we could turn them on and off any time Any ideas or advise of recommendations please post up something with pictures if can where we could see how this works and follow How do we fake or edit everything inside the system properties?? the steps and so forth PS Always remember to have a option where users can switch back to the original defaults otherwise we can only change but we cannot go back to How do we fake or edit everything inside the system properties?? normal defaults Warm thanks for your very much precious supports of your highly co-operated interests to this matter in regards Cheers mate ta ta

A:How do we fake or edit everything inside the system properties??

Could you explain why someone would want to do such a thing.
Why would someone want Fake Properties?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/321838-how-do-we-fake-edit-everything-inside-system-properties.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and access window area "local properties" in properties Cannot connection quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv e also tried it jusing the administrator account But it didn t help What is causing this problem and how I fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window.636065/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the access window Cannot in properties" area connection properties "local window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv'e also tried it using the administrator account But it didn't help What is causing this problem and how Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window I fix it Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window-187331.html
Relevancy 58.48%

mp3 properties/summary doesnt show + i install software to edit mp3 tags....

and after having installed the AudioShell135 software it doesnt appear to be working, nothing changed under the properties etc, i have used the software before but now have re-installed Vista etc, so its not working after the installation, can anyone kindly suggest some solution for this ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mp3-properties-summary-doesnt-show-i-install-software-to-edit-mp3-tags-413440.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Folks,

I am confused. I want my Folders to be Tiles, and the files inside those folders to be viewed as Details. In one of my W7 machines, that's how it is. In another, whatever change I make to the folder view takes effect on the files, and vice versa.

This is what I want for the folders:

and inside it I want:

INSTEAD, if I have the folders as tiles, I get:

Well, if I change the view to this:

then the folders look like this:

How do I get each view to "stick" when I select it for that folder/file view? (This is one of those screaming in the night Windows issues. One machine does it with no intervention. It just works. The other machine does not, nor can I find any option or menu function to do so.)

Thanks,
Ken

A:How do I keep the Folder as Tile and files in it as Detail?

The area in the registry keys where Windows tries to keep track of these settings can fill up and/or get messed up.

The easiest solution is to remove those registry keys via these steps:
Folder View Settings - Reset All to Default

If you have a lot of objects (icons-shortcuts, files, folders) on your desktop and if those objects are arranged (as opposed to all being on the left), then carefully read the notes before doing those steps.

After the reset, set each folder with files to the Details view.
The first time that you open a folder, some info about that folder goes into those registry keys. If you rename or move a folder, the old info stays in those registry keys and more info is written to those keys for the new folder name/location. In the Details view, the width of each column is stored in those keys for each folder. It gets messy after years of use. There is a limit. Windows (file) Explorer gets flaky once the limit is reached.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/380840-how-do-i-keep-folder-tile-files-detail.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey all I'll give you a little backstory on my whole system It is all apart of a quot Barebones quot BSoD, Numerous files ZIP detail Full and kit i purchased from compusa I build it installed Windows on it and started to get it up and running when i started getting numerous blue screens Some of which included Bad Pool HEader PFN list corrupt IRQL not equal or less x e i think Page header not in sometthing area Thats just to name a few I first had a bit windows on my system by accident then after all these blue screens I installed a bit of windows xp on it and still got many of those errors Now I purchased a copy of WIndows and installed the bit version on it and to no avail still receive these errors I have ran Memtest for an entire day in which is Numerous BSoD, Full detail and ZIP files found no errors A few of my techy friends think that I have a dud part whether it be the RAM or Mobo they said the mobo that was provided in the barebones kit is a piece of crap Below is the spec on my computer OS - Windows Bit Home edition quot What the original installed OS on system quot - Don't know how to quite answer that I installed the system on a blank harddrive - My current OS was purchased - Age of system - No more than months Age of OS installation - This is my third installation which was conducted roughly weeks ago CPU - AND Phenom II X Video Card - ATI Radeon HD GB Mother board - MSI GTM-E PSU - Diablotek W Ram - x GB Patriot DDR Ram Never heard of patriot which is why i am a skeptic that the ram is the problem Thanks for all your help

A:Numerous BSoD, Full detail and ZIP files

also, I'm not sure if this applies AT ALL to my blue screens, but every single Web browser i've used, crashes. IE, Firefox 5 AND 4, Opera, Chrome. All of them. They crash often. This happened on every OS i've tried on this system. (win7 32 and 64bit, and WinXP).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/numerous-bsod-full-detail-and-zip-files-592648.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Ever since I did a factory reinstall 3 months ago, every time I close my machine down and restart, my Windows Explorer settings keep getting reverted back to ICON view instead of my saved DETAIL view.

I'm using the button under tools and folder options, View Tab, and Apply to all Folders.

Is there something else I'm missing?

This is starting to get pretty annoying.

A:Window Explorer Keeps reverting back to ICON view instead of DETAIL view

XP forgets your folder view settings?
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/folderviews.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-explorer-keeps-reverting-back-to-icon-view-instead-of-detail-view.699897/
Relevancy 53.32%

res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/dnserror.htm#http://leader.linkexchange.com/1029798962505/X919500/showiframe?

what does this mean

A:properties window question

kknowles
Please create one thread per problem to avoid confusion.
Closing thread duplicate.
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=91983

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/properties-window-question.91982/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, I have a problem .. again

I was following these steps until i need help on STEP 7 on this link:

http://portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm

Well first, i went to Start>Control Panel>Network Connections and when I right-clicked on my Internet connection and i chose Properties, the Properties window showed up ..

but the Properties window disappeared.....
how can i fix this problem?

A:Why does my Properties window shuts off?

anyone!?

*sorry if double-posting isnt allowed here.....*

if responded, ill delete this post*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-does-my-properties-window-shuts-off.568713/
Relevancy 53.32%

Anyone know of a list of useful properties window extensions?

I have added a mediainfo tab and a file hashing tab and I quite like the idea of having useful apps right there.

A:Properties window tabs

Put to many and it can slow things down...
Moderation everything in moderation you'll live longer and healthier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/195825-properties-window-tabs.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am running WinXP, SP2. I have a Fellows Internet Touchpad installed. When I go to the Control Panel and select the Mouse, the standard Microsoft Mouse window opens instead of the Cirque Touchpad window. The mouse is identified correctly as a Cirque Ps2 Touchpad and the driver is correctly specified. The special functions of the touchpad are all working ok, however without being able to open up the correct properties window, I cannot make any changes. It used to work properly. I have tried uninstalling the touchpad driver and reinstalling the touchpad driver. That does not fix it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53989/touchpad-gets-wrong-properties-window/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,
I have been infested with ise32 Property window which keep appearing on window start up. I have scan my computer with Norton 360 and Window defender but to no avail. I am currently using window vista home. Please advice me what to do. I would appreciate your help to solve them problem.
I am looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Best reguards,

Leo

A:Keep Getting Ise32 Properties Window On Startup

It's not unusual to receive such an error after using tools to remove malware infection.A "Cannot find...", "Could not run...", "Error loading... or "specific module could not be found" message is usually related to malware that was set to run at startup but has been deleted. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the file was mostly likely removed during an anti-virus or anti-malware scan. However, an associated orphaned registry entry remains and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up. Since the file no longer exists, Windows will display an error message. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops searching for the file when it loads. To resolve this, download Autoruns, search for the related entry and then delete it.Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click here if you're not sure how to do this.)Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.Right-click on the entry and choose delete.Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.IMPORTANT NOTE: ise32.exe is related to the family of worms and IRC backdoor Trojans. Backdoor Trojans, IRCBots and Infostealers are very dangerous because they provide a means of accessing a computer system that bypasses security mechanisms and steal sensitive information like passwords, personal and financial data which they send back to the hacker. Remote attackers use backdoor Trojans as part of an exploit to gain unauthorized access to a computer and take control of it without your knowledge. Read Danger: Remote Access Trojans.If your computer was used for online banking, has credit card information or other sensitive data on it, all passwords should be changed immediately to include those used for banking, email, eBay, paypal and online forums. You should consider them to be compromised. They should be changed by using a different computer and not the infected one. If not, an attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information. Banking and credit card institutions should be notified of the possible security breach. Because your computer was compromised please read How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud? Although the backdoor Trojan was identified and removed, your PC has likely been compromised and there is no way to be sure the computer can ever be trusted again. It is dangerous and incorrect to assume that because the backdoor Trojan has been removed the computer is now secure. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of malware, the best course of action is to wipe the drive clean, reformat and reinstall the OS. Please read "When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?" and "Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do?".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154534/keep-getting-ise32-properties-window-on-startup/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless network. In Windows 7 you used to be able to get to it for existing wireless networks that I had previously connected to. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it? Many thanks

A:Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Settings app > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage known networks. Select a network, click Properties

Wireless Network Profiles - See in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70127-where-wireless-network-properties-window-w7.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I speak french, so my english isn't perfect, if I wrote something you didn't understand, just tell me and I'll try to better explain.

I have a good computer knowledge, but the problem I have is very, very weird.
I was trying to do a test for the "indice de performance windows" (sorry I don't know the name in english, my windows 7 is french), but every time i right click properties on the "computer" window, they both disapear...
It's hard to explain, so I record it on my phone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okY-ad_xIS4

Please, help me!
thanks and happy new year

A:Computer's properties window disapears

See if OPTION TWO in this tutorial helps: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Follow OPTION THREE and attach sfcdetails.txt in a new post in this thread.
(Use the paper clip icon just above the posting window to attach the file)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316831-computers-properties-window-disapears.html
Relevancy 52.89%

When I insert a CD in either of my two drives the window that jumps up giving me the options of what program to use (CD Properties ) is maximized and takes up the whole screen. This just started happening. If I double click on the top blue titlebarlbar it goes back to it's smaller (normal) size. I tried holding down the ctrl. key and closing the window but the next time the computer boots it does the same thing. It is not possible to drag this type of window in any way. The only option for this type of window in the upper right corner is an X to close it. It may need a registry edit but I don't know how. To access a similar type window open "my computer, right click on any drive, the window that opens is the same type. Any help would be appreciated.
Alan

A:CD Properties Window wrong size

Minimize it again and this time hold down shift and close it off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-properties-window-wrong-size.307051/
Relevancy 52.89%

Since I am new to the forum I'm not sure where my problem should be posted I am also not sure if it is a hardware or software related problem but here it is Suddenly when I try to appear window properties does Print dialog not print the print properties dialog window does not appear when i click on the Print properties dialog window does not appear properties button Print properties dialog window does not appear It tries to activate but immediately reverts back to the print window This occurs in both OpenOffice and LibreOffice both of which have previously worked fine for months I often print to both sides of the page echo print but can only print on one side default since I cannot change the properties The only thing I can recall that might have any bearing on the problem is that I had previously printed to a file - something I rarely do I checked the settings and quot print to file quot is not selected I am printing to a HP LaserJet Pro M MFP series PCL printer and am using Windows operating system I have tried reinstalling both word processing programs and have reset the printer to default settings and updated If anyone can help with this problem I would greatly appreciate your help

A:Print properties dialog window does not appear

Printers can be very frustrating to say the least. When I've had printer problems in the past, this is what has worked for me:

1. Unplug the power to the printer
2. Wait about 30 seconds or so
3. Plug it in and let it go through it's initialization
4. Then try it again

If that doesn't work, try reloading the printer driver from the HP site. If it still doesn't work, try a system restore back to the last time the printer was working successfully. That's about all the tricks I know for printers. Hope it helps ...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/print-properties-dialog-window-does-not-appear-972561.html
Relevancy 52.89%

everytime windows loads, the windows 32 properties window come up. how do i stop this?

A:windows32 properties window on startup

1. Open Regedit
2. Browse to HKLM or HKCU then Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
3. Remove any entries that refer to Windows 32 or System32 or whatever.
4. Close Regedit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows32-properties-window-on-startup.810820/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey I ve just rebuilt my XP can't logging in out: properties change window! computer and reinstalled XP logging out: can't change in properties window! XP it s gone back to the default of logging me out after minutes of inactivity and I want to change that so it doesn t log me out at all However the properties window the one you reach by right clicking XP logging out: can't change in properties window! on the desktop XP logging out: can't change in properties window! is different to how it should be- when I first installed XP it was the normal window with the tabs for themes desktop screensaver appearance and settings However for some reason recently all it s doing is show the tabs for themes appearance and settings so I can t reach the power settings that should be under the screensaver tab I ve tried accessing power settings via the control panel but I can t seem to find anything to turn it off or change it- any help on this one And any help on getting my display properties window back to how it should be showing all the tabs Thanks nbsp

A:XP logging out: can't change in properties window!

copy this code into a notepad, save as restoretabs.reg

doubleclick restoretabs.reg and confirm import to registry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-logging-out-cant-change-in-properties-window.747838/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello. I have noticed a strange fact regarding my windows 7 32 bit operating system. When I delete some files in a folder, then go to properties, when i look at "Contains", it still shows the number of files i had before deletion, not the current number of files in that folder. Is there a way to repair this? Thanks in advance! (rebooted my pc, but with no success, if it is to mention)
BTW: Happy holidays

A:Strange occurence in properties window

Did you empty the Recycle Bin?

I don't see a "Contains" choice in any folder property menu. Can you tell me how you get to it, as following the directions you gave does not show it for me.

Maybe post a screen shot of it? Make sure the window you want to capture has the focus.
Press Alt+Print Screen. That will capture the active window.
Print Screen will capture the entire screen, including properties dialogs.
Start MSPaint - Start then Run, type mspaint and press Enter.
Press Ctrl+v to paste the picture in to MS Paint.
Click File then Save as and save it to your Desktop.

Start a new reply.
Click on the Browse button below the message input area.
Navigate to where you saved the picture, select it and click on Open.
Click on Attach This File.
Once uploaded, click on Add To Post to the far right of the uploaded file.
Scroll down and click Preview Post to verify the image shows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204379-strange-occurence-properties-window.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I have been infested with ise Property Getting Keep Window On Ise32 Properties Startup window which keep appearing on window start Keep Getting Ise32 Properties Window On Startup up I have scan my computer with Norton and Window defender but to Keep Getting Ise32 Properties Window On Startup no avail I would appreciate your help to solve them problem Below is the Logfile I look forward to your reply Thank you Best reguards LeoComboFix - - - xiaoleo - - - NTFSx Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT Running from C Users xiaoleo Desktop ComboFix exe Created a new restore point Files Created from - - to - - - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Windows System Adobe - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Garena - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Users xiaoleo AppData Roaming Hamachi Keep Getting Ise32 Properties Window On Startup - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Hamachi - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers hamachi sys - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Users xiaoleo AppData Roaming Fujitsu - - - - --a------ C Windows System mcmde dll - - - - --a------ C Windows System EncDec dll - - - - --a------ C Windows System psisdecd dll - - - - --a------ C Windows System psisrndr ax - - - - --a------ C Windows System MSNP ax - - - - --a------ C Windows System Mpeg Data ax - - - - --a------ C Windows System MSDvbNP ax - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers SymIMV sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers SymRedir cat - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers SymRedir inf - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symtdi sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symfw sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symndisv sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symids sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symredrv sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symdns sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System GameUXLegacyGDFs dll - - - - --a------ C Windows System gameux dll Find M Report - - --------- d-----w C Users xiaoleo AppData Roaming Skype - - --------- d-----w C Users xiaoleo AppData Roaming skypePM - - --------- d--h--w C Program Files InstallShield Installation Information - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Windows Mail - - ----a-w C Windows system drivers SYMEVENT INF - - ----a-w C Windows system drivers SYMEVENT SYS - - ----a-w C Windows system drivers SYMEVENT CAT - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Symantec - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Norton - - --------- d-----w C PROGRA Microsoft Help - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Counter-Strike - - --------- d-----w C Program Files jGRASP - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Microsoft Office Communicator - - --------- d-----w C Program Files MSBuild - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Microsoft Visual Studio - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Motive - - --------- d-----w C Users xiaoleo AppData Roaming Motive - - --------- d-----w C PROGRA Motive - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Microsoft Silverlight - - ----a-w C Windows System wshrm dll - - ----a-w C Windows system drivers rmcast sys - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Apple Software Update - - ----a-w C Windows System quartz dll - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Adobe - - --------- d-----w C Program Files iTunes - - --------- d-----w C Program Files iPod - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Bonjour - - --------- d-----w C Program Files QuickTime - - --------- d-----w C PROGRA Apple Computer - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Apple - - --------- d-----w C PROGRA Apple - - ----a-w C Windows System wininet dll - - ----a-w C Windows System iesetup dll - - ----a-w C Windows AppPatch iebrshim dll - - ----a-w C Windows System ieUnatt exe - - ----a-w C Users All Users ezsid dat - - ----a-w C PROGRA ezsid dat - - --sha-w C Program Files desktop ini Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Browser He... Read more

A:Keep Getting Ise32 Properties Window On Startup

ComboFix logs should not to be posted outside the HijackThis forums. It is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.Please create a new topic in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum, explaining the nature of your problem. Describe pop-ups and system tray or desktop icons that have appeared. Explain what is "going wrong" with your computer. Note any tools you have used and their respective results.If needed, we will direct you to our HJT Preparation Guide.Thank you for using BleepingComputer as your malware removal source.This topic is now closed. The BC Staff

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154417/keep-getting-ise32-properties-window-on-startup/
Relevancy 52.46%

I've been fighting properties window since I installed window 10...
I use this function a lot. The problem is the properties window opens in the background.
So I have to minimize all the windows I have open to see the properties window.
The weird thing is the properties window is the only one that does that, When I open a new
window of anything it opens in the forground.
Is there a way to force the properties window open in the forground...Thanks...

A:How to force the properties window open in the foreground!

I fixed it.. If anyone is having this same issue... This is what I used to fix my problem... It's for Windows 7 but it applies to windows 10...
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...6-aa3364b4b1a7

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39679-how-force-properties-window-open-foreground.html
Relevancy 52.46%

HelloI have been infested with Sys32 properties window which keep appearing on window start up. I have tried by Norton anti virus also but it never works. I would appeciate if you help me to solve this problem. Below is the window which appears:Sys 32 PropertiesType: ApplicationOrigin: S-1-5-21-1482476501-1644491937-682003330-1013Size: 0 bytesThanks and best regardsRajEdit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Window Sys32 Properties Appears On Opening

The System32 folder opens at startup because of a corrupt system registry value. The value could have been corrupted for a number of reasons to include malware or installing/uninstalling a program from the Internet which did not install/uninstall itself properly.Click on the link below:http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htmScroll down to #260 and click "System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot" in the right column. You will be prompted to download xp_systems32opens.vbs. Save the file to your desktop and double-click on it to run the script. Since the script modifies certain registry settings you may receive an alert from your anti-virus or any script blocking program. Ignore the warning and allow it to continue.The problem could also be caused by empty run entries in your startup shortcuts which will open the system32 folder. Check the startup run registry entries and remove those entries. See System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows.These steps involves making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes. If you are not familiar with working in the registry, then you should NOT attempt to make any changes on your own. Improper changes to the registry could adversely affect your computer and render it inoperable. ERUNT is an excellent FREE tool that allows you to to take a snapshot (backup) of your registry before making changes and restore it when needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166169/window-sys32-properties-appears-on-opening/
Relevancy 52.46%

I turned on sharing for the C drive and added an Everyone group in Security to allow access to my other computer on my network. When I go to close the Properties window I a message that says "You are about to change the permissions settings on the root directory of the startup disk which can result in unexpected access problems and reduce security. Do you want to continue?".

I answered yes and it went through all the folders and gave an access denied message on system folders. After if was done I got the same message mentioned when I tried to exit the Properties window. So I removed sharing and the Everyone group. But I'm still in the same situation. I keep going through the same loop and can not exit the Properties window.

A:Can't exit Properties window for C drive after sharing

Open task manager and end the process all "explorer.exe" and "rundll32.exe"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-exit-properties-window-for-c-drive-after-sharing.830109/
Relevancy 52.46%

Quite a bizarre one - every time I try to view the properties of any file or folder, I'm met with:

"Explorer.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x02e1415b" referenced at "0x000000000". The momory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program"

Has anyone even encountered this before? Searching the forums produced nothing.

Thank you very much for your time and effort - it's well appreciated.

A:Explorer Crashes on loading Properties Window

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyUK

Quite a bizarre one - every time I try to view the properties of any file or folder, I'm met with:

"Explorer.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x02e1415b" referenced at "0x000000000". The momory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program"

Has anyone even encountered this before? Searching the forums produced nothing.

Thank you very much for your time and effort - it's well appreciated.

Hi JohnnyUK have you seen this http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_hwpg.asp give it a shot. Also take a look at this http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_hwpg.asp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-crashes-on-loading-properties-window-42813.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Everytime i turn on my computer Sys32 properties appears on the screen of my window, please help me solve the problem
below is the detailed discription of the problem

Sys 32 Properties

Type: Application

Origin: c-1-3-64-8794238531-8742492-9897532

Size: 0 bytes

Thank you again
so02

A:Window Sys32 Properties Appears On Opening

Have you checked to see if you are infected? Sometimes an infection will corrupt your onboard protection - so I suggest that you try these free, online scans: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/usas...?showentry=1252Also, could you please post a screen shot of what appears on your desktop? Here's a link on how to do that: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-take-and-share-a-screen-shot-in-windows/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199886/window-sys32-properties-appears-on-opening/
Relevancy 52.03%

hi i am running cubase 5 and recently ad a monitor to my my dell 630 laptop,now i have this sub-window stuck in the corner,i,have tried basic all the things i,ve now read on internet but no joy,even offloaded sheepdog

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/edit-window-stuck-in-corner-and-wont-move.1156123/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys I pops (deleted!?) startup 'Windows32 Properties' after window up posted this on the Software and Hardware forum but got told to try here This evening I went onto my Windows Vista laptop just to browse the internet when I noticed this message pop up straight after I had booted up I saw that it had been deleted and I have no idea why Now I m not an expert at computers but I knew this wasn t good so I clicked restore and I never saw it again However I restarted and noticed it again but I didn t click restore this time and as I went to download a file it wouldn t download something along the lines of exe couldn t be downloaded please contact administrator I don t think it can be serious because as soon as I restore it everything s back to normal but it is really annoying that after every statup this pops up Please can you help me rectify this and allow me to have a stressless time whilst browing on my laptop Thanks in advance EDIT Here is a Hijackthis log in case you need it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files 'Windows32 Properties' window pops up after startup (deleted!?) Dell DellDock DellDock exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows OEM Mon exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix 'Windows32 Properties' window pops up after startup (deleted!?) Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Dell 'Windows32 Properties' window pops up after startup (deleted!?) MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Geek Squad Online Backup GeekSquadOnlineBackup exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Users Conor Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERANTISPYWARE EXE C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Hamachi hamachi exe C Program Files Sports Interactive Football Manager fm exe C Users Conor Downloads HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google co uk ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel uk amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google co uk ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel uk amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows32-properties-window-pops-up-after-startup-deleted.809700/
Relevancy 51.6%

All my hard drives are tested as having no errors in "scan disk", but when attempting to make new folder and "renaming it", or when attempting to do a "properties" on any of my disks ... both cause the windows browser window to crash, and disappear.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438986-properties-selection-drive-crashes-browser-window.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I have two questions that are not critical to the operation of my system but has been driving me crazy in an effort to research them to no avail The only thing that I am pretty sure of is that properties window Folder dialog Extra Tabs on the it Extra Tabs on the Folder properties dialog window is a problem with the registry When I right click on a folder and then click properties the dialog window comes up with extra tabs This happens for every folder on my computer The extra tabs are the same tabs as the My Documents folder shortcut Target General and Sharing and the target window is C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents This results in Extra Tabs on the Folder properties dialog window every folder having an extra General and Sharing tab and a Target tab with the My Documents target in it Interestingly enough the virtual folder that is listed in explorer for My Documents has only tabs but the My Documents folder inside Documents and Settings Owner the actual folder itself has the extra tabs just like every other folder A possibly connected problem is that the Add Remove section of the Control Panel no longer has the install dates or useage level for most programs The dates are in the HKLM uninstall registry keys but they are not being read for some reason I have been installing and uninstalling a lot of programs mostly antivirus antispyware firewall and utility programs in an effort to clean up and speed up my computer and test a lot of different applications This effort has been dramatically successful however I am left with these two minor but annoying issues I did have an issue a couple of weeks ago with being unable to install microsoft updates which cost me many hours of research and effort with the help of Microsoft Support but I managed to fix it partly with their help but mostly with web research Ended up re-installing Office I think this is when the issue of the missing install dates started as the installed programs since this time are showing the install date Any ideas especially about the extra tabs Screenshot is attached Thank you Sybrandus

A:Extra Tabs on the Folder properties dialog window

What happens if you click on one of the superfluous tabs?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259636/extra-tabs-on-the-folder-properties-dialog-window/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys This evening I went after startup pops (deleted!?) window Properties' up 'Windows32 onto my Windows Vista laptop just to browse the internet when I noticed this message pop up straight after I had booted up I saw that it had been deleted and I have no idea why Now I 'Windows32 Properties' window pops up after startup (deleted!?) m not an expert at computers but I knew this wasn t good so I clicked restore and I never saw it again However I restarted and noticed it again but I didn t click restore this time and as I went to download a file it wouldn t download something along the lines of exe couldn t be downloaded please contact administrator I don t think it can be serious because as soon as I restore it everything s back to normal but it is really annoying that after every statup this pops up Please can you help me rectify this and allow me to have a stressless time whilst browing on my laptop Thanks in advance nbsp

A:'Windows32 Properties' window pops up after startup (deleted!?)

Windows32 might be malware related. You might want to post your thread in the Malware Removal section.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows32-properties-window-pops-up-after-startup-deleted.809699/
Relevancy 51.17%

I ve used Calendar Creator Deluxe for a couple of years without problems but all of a sudden it crashes when I try to access the Properties window This happens using both right click and the menu The Properties window displays incompletely and then the dialog box pops up that says quot Calendar Creator has encountered a problem and needs to close quot I thought the calendar file - Windows? Window Problems Solved: or Properties Creator Calendar was corrupt so I created a new calendar Same problem I did a repair install Same problem I Solved: Properties Window Problems - Calendar Creator or Windows? uninstalled ran my reg cleaner Advanced System Optimizer and reinstalled It still crashes when the Properties window comes up In light of that history I suspect that the culprit may be Windows even though it only affects CC I ran ShellEx View and could not see any handlers that came specifically from Broderbund or anything that is specifically for the bcc file extension Any ideas on what could be causing this problem would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Properties Window Problems - Calendar Creator or Windows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-properties-window-problems-calendar-creator-or-windows.579683/
Relevancy 51.17%

When i right click on My Computer icon and click Properties, System Properties window open for a second and immediately closes. I have the same problem even if i try to open System Properties from Control Panel. How do i solve this problem without doing system restore. Keyboard volume keys also not working

A:Windows 8 Enterprise system properties window closes immed

Hi

Windows 8 enterprise edition is only available in large quantities and it is targeted to companies. Is your copy is legal ?. Have you used any activators which floating on internet ?. The symptoms you described are common with pirated copies.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/34809-windows-8-enterprise-system-properties-window-closes-immed.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone!

I tried to ignore this problem, but it has become increasingly frustrating when I have to work with files in Windows Explorer.

The problem is, when I right-click on a file and choose Properties, it takes 5-8 seconds to open the File Properties Window. Strangely, when I do the same with folders (Folder Properties) the window opens almost instantaneously as it should. I have tried to fiddle around with ShellExView but to no avail - after all, I assume that program is just for controlling context menu entries. I searched and googled but I couldn't find any similar problems, the closest I got was that software.

Do you know what's the problem? Thanks in advance! 

A:Windows Explorer takes 5-8 seconds to open a File Properties window!

You can keep disabling more non-microsoft extensions in shellexview and see if any of them are causing it (do a system backup first)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588418/windows-explorer-takes-5-8-seconds-to-open-a-file-properties-window/
Relevancy 50.74%

HP Pavilion dv Home Premium Bought January not sure if I have Vista update can't access System Properties to find out My issues started last night I noticed that my Sidebar was showing but nothing was in it I went to properties and there were no gadgets listed I tried downloading a new gadget but it wouldn't load I restored my computer to days ago Still had volume? window flashes access System Can't Properties, closed Shadow the same problem I also realized today that I have no access to Admin functions I can't right click my Computer icon and access system Can't access System Properties, window flashes closed Shadow volume? properties I can't get the update Windows icon to check or update my windows I can't access quot User Groups quot from the control panel Also I have been getting two error messages consistently The Volume Shadow Copy service used by System Restore is not working For more information view the event log x Please close System Restore and try again AND MMC cannot open file c Windows System CompMgmt msc I did go to the run window and ran the following net user Can't access System Properties, window flashes closed Shadow volume? administrator active yes I restarted and the Admin account loaded HOWEVER when I went to see the sidebar again it was empty and I had no access to system functions I am at a complete loss Can't access System Properties, window flashes closed Shadow volume? as to what to do I noticed that the computer has some of the symptoms of the Conficker virus but I have a good protector and I scanned my system and it said it was virus free That is at least enough information to get started Thank you in advance for any help you can offer short of reinstalling Vista I am out of ideas -Kat

A:Can't access System Properties, window flashes closed Shadow volume?

I solved this by downloading the second Vista patch and reinstalling it.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/231574-cant-access-system-properties-window-flashes-closed-shadow-volume.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I'm not really new to this vista System window desktop Personalize and disabled!! Properties, on control panel experience and all i have no serious problems encountered before aside from a few lags in the system when it starts or opens an application but just recently well yesterday I tried opening my system properties to run my OS in very minimal visual effects since it was running a little slow again I was not able to open the thing after right clicking the properties window in Computer also i have tried going to control panel but the only thing i can see after i click on the control panel button is a window with an empty space named windows explorer and it suddenly closed after like a second or so also i tried also opening my quot personalize quot on the desktop and it has the same response as with my control panel what probably is the problem with my computer i System Properties, Personalize window on desktop and control panel disabled!! read that it could be a malware but my anti-virus could not detect anything at all

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-properties-personalize-window-on-desktop-and-control-panel-disabled-339491.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Is there a way to do this easily without disabling uac completely in the registry since that breaks metro apps?
Basically I want to edit files freely in program files and anywhere.
I can't just right click it and hit properties -> security -> users and change them, it's locked
any ideas?

A:Edit files in program files

Originally Posted by jigglywiggly

Basically I want to edit files freely in program files and anywhere.

This is totally 'old school', but it's worked for me for years and years.
Download a file management program called Total Commander.

Set the created shortcut's properties to "Run As Administrator".

Configure it like in the screen shots 2&3 and F4 should open most any file to edit.
It 'defaults' to using Notepad for an Editor, but you can configure it to use
any editor[hex or otherwise] to open the file of your choosing for editing.

The occasional prompt for permissions may pop up.
When that happens, I just choose 'Allow' and I'm in like Flint.

Some files are 'locked'.

Still unable to even SEE, let alone OPEN any of those $files.
$MFT $Journal etc.....but that's probably for the best!

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/13314-edit-files-program-files.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello friends!

Can you please tell me how can one edit a PDF file? Say for exapmle that I want to highlight some stuff, delete some, add some thing new, add or delete images or even create a PDF from scratch, which is the best software to do this.

Thank you.

Relevancy 48.59%

I too have recently discovered the awesome tool called Problem Steps Recorder PSR in Windows The amount of possibilities it could have here at work are tremendous easy training documents the big thing How Edit the I Do From Files PSR .MHT I thought of The biggest problem i have with it is i cannot How Do I Edit .MHT Files From the PSR seem to figure out how How Do I Edit .MHT Files From the PSR to edit it Some purposes behind the editing would be to add information take out sensitive information delete the header footer section applied to every PSR Steps Taken I have tried converting it to HTML and editing it in Notepad and then converting back I have tried editing in Word through both HTML and MHTML I do not have any HTML editors and if this fixes the issue s let me know Problem The MHTML file is not editable by default When i convert it from anything to anything it looses the amazing user-friendly picture sizes when converted back to MHTML as they are in the unedited version They come out large and clunky feeling which would not work for the training purposes at all I need it to stay the nice compressed style picture that you click to enlarge if so desired Any ideas I can try or actions you know will fix it will help greatly

A:How Do I Edit .MHT Files From the PSR

Actually You can open and change the generated *.mht file with MS Word.

Right click it and you should see the edit option if you have MS Office installed.

For instance if you want to remove some screen captures
Copy image and Edit it in Paint Or any image editor and then Paste it in .

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/251368-how-do-i-edit-mht-files-psr.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Is there anyway to edit RM files? I had this WM file that i converted to RM. The WM file was 50mb and once i converted it, it ended up being 18mb. Well i deleted the WM file, and now need to edit the RM file so that i can be 8-10mb. Is there anyway to edit a RM file?? Thanks In Advance.

A:How to edit RM files?

jetAudio plays and coverts many formats.

http://www.jetaudio.com/products/jetaudio/

The basic version is free.

Conversion

http://www.jetaudio.com/products/jetaudio/features_02.html
Differences between Basic & Plus versions

http://www.jetaudio.com/products/jetaudio/basic_plus.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-edit-rm-files.228016/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi everyone,

so what's the latest in wav editors ? does anybody know where i can get a good wav editor ?

and is there a good mp3 editor around ?

i know winamp is a good mp3 player, but i don't think it can edit an mp3 file, i need to splice a long 20 song, for example, into four sections,

Relevancy 48.59%

I wanted to upload some video to youtube but I found that since I use VLC media player (I've found it supports a wider variety of formats) all of the video is in .vob format. This is unsupported by Adobe Premier.

My question how can I either change the file's format, make adobe premier support the file or find a cheap alternative to adobe for media editing?

Thanks in advance.

~*moved to a more appropriate forum - rigel *~

A:How Do I Edit .vob Files

VOB is the container format for DVD-video. Usually when you rip a DVD you take it out of the VOB format at the same time. Just try changing the extension from .vob to .mpg .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90650/how-do-i-edit-vob-files/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

I have burnt my word documents onto a CD-RW CD and I would like to be able to edit these documents straight off the CD. I am able to edit but can not save my changes as the files are read-only. I have tried to change the attributes of the files but I was unable to.

Does anyone know if it is in any way possible to edit and save changes to files on a CD.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Regards
Andrea.

A:Edit files on CD

I don't believe you can edit them directly from the CD. You would have to move them off of the CD onto the HD and then rewrite them back to the RW-CD. But then again I haven't tried this with some of the newer versions of burner software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/edit-files-on-cd.104036/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello..

I need help to create some script that will run once a day on system start-up.
The main goal is to retrieve the creation date and time of all the files in a specific folder and save them to some txt file.
The secondary goal is to send this file via VPN to another machine.
Another secondary goal is to automatically archive the txt file (rar or something) with a password before i send it via the network.

I do have knowledge of JAVA/C# but i was thinking maybe there is a simpler way than to create a program.

Thanks.

A:Files Properties

Whatever language you decide to go with, this is going to be a very particular script and functionality. I don't foresee you finding a tool/utility to make this any easier for you unfortunately. I think you're just going to have to bite the bullet and start coding this to fit your needs, in whatever language you're most comfortable with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/164345-files-properties.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a PDF file that needs editing. I want to edit it and then save it again as a PDF file. Is there a free download somewhere?

Or is there a way to use Word or other office application to edit PDF filesand then save again as a PDF file?

Thanks!

Relevancy 48.16%

i can't edit files in a folder on my computer i dont know why i have tried to take control of the folder but that doesn't work it tells me its read only but i changed it and when i try to change the files it reverts back to read only please help

A:please help cant edit/update files

Hiya Shaleradon
To view or to remove the Read-only or the System attributes of folders in Windows Server 2003 or in Windows XP
Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
To view the syntax for the Attrib command, type attrib /? at the command prompt.
Warning If you remove the Read-only or System attribute from a folder, it may appear as a ordinary folder and some customizations may be lost. For example, Windows customizes the Fonts folder and provides a special folder view that permits you to hide variations, such as bold and italic. It also permits you to change the folder's view settings in ways that are specific to fonts. If you remove the Read-only and System attributes of the Fonts folder, these customized view settings are not available. For folders that you have customized by using the Customize tab of the folder's Properties dialog box, the folder icon and other other customizations may be lost when you remove the Read-only attribute.

If a program cannot save files to a folder with the Read-only attribute, such as My Documents, change the Read-only attribute to System by using the Attrib command at a command prompt.

To remove the Read-only attribute and to set the System attribute, use the following command:
attrib -r +s drive:\<path>\<foldername>
For example, to remove the Read-only attribute and to set the System attribute for the C:\Test folder, use the following command:
attrib -r +s c:\test
Be aware that some programs may not operate correctly with folders for which the System attribute and the Read-only attribute are set. Therefore, use the following command to remove these attributes:
attrib -r -s c:\test

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-cant-edit-update-files.941885/
Relevancy 48.16%

I managed to put several files in a Zipped folder I guess you call it. Anyway I have to use a password to open each one.
Now---I tried to edit one of the files(delete and add information) and it does it but when I close it it goes back to the original information. Tried several time.

In short,--How Do You Edit a Password Protected Zipped File? Not too smart here, so explain clearly. Thanks

A:Edit Zipped Files

Are you extracting the zipped folder, password-editing-saving and then zipping all the files again? Many programs can read a zip folder and extract a copy of one of the files inside for use but it kind of goes against the rules to save an edited version of the file still zipped because it probably won't compress back exactly as before and would corrupt the whole zip folder.

The solution is don't zip files that need to be edited a lot, just password protect or encrypt only, otherwise unzip-edit-new zip on all files involved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/edit-zipped-files.724247/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am looking for an inexpensive program to edit the bookmarks in .pdf files.

Often I receive .pdf files with bookmarks like "page 1". "Page 2", etc. I would like to have more descriptive titles on at least the major divisions-- but have no idea how to do it. (My guess is that the full version of Adobe Acrobat can do this- but hope there is a less expensive program for the job).

Any help would be appreciated
letchworth

Relevancy 48.16%

I love those Six Flags commercials, the jingle is catchy, So I downloaded the MIDI, except I need to edit the MIDI because the song is long and I only want the part of the song featured in the Six Flags commercials. So basically, I need a MIDI Editor...or I need someone who will Edit the file for me. Thanks a lot for ANY help.

P.S. If someone is willing to edit it for me, PM me, E-Mail me, or hey..respond to this thread and I'll upload it to the net so you can download it.

Once again, thanx!

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello people. I'm looking for an application to work with *.pdf files. Just like Adobe Acrobat. I have Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional, but its "heavy", and I'm in need of a same kind of an application. So I can open .pdf files and edit them if I need to. + I want that application to make .pdf files. NOT convert any text files on my computer, but to make a new one. Just like Adobe Acrobat does. I tried few trials, like of a Nitro PDF Professional, Foxit PDF Editor. I have to convert an existing .txt file in to a .pdf. I'm looking for an application just like Adobe Acrobat, which can make a new .pdf? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time!!

Relevancy 48.16%

Can anyone recommend good software to edit .wmv files?

Relevancy 48.16%

How can I edit a PDF file from a vendor in order to bring the pages up to date for a roster book in order for them to print an "up -to-Date " roster book ?

ClownJimbo

Relevancy 48.16%

I just upgraded XP to Vista x32
I get the following error when trying to edit a .bat file saved on my Desktop.

C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Office2003Install.bat
The parameter is incorrect.

I'm not familiar with Vista at all.
Checked run command "Control Userpasswords2" my account is set as Administrator.

I'm trying to set up a silent install for Office in a bat file.

As a temporary fix I rename the file as txt, then change it back to bat file.
I would prefer to be able to edit a bat file directly if anyone knows a fix for this issue.

A:Solved: Can't edit .bat files

To open a batch file without changing its extension, open a new notepad file then drag the batch file you want to edit onto the notepad window.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-edit-bat-files.765113/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have changed the name of my business and now when I create a Word document the old name is shown in the summary under properties.

I think this comes from the normal.dot file but I can figure out how to change it.

Any help appreciated.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all,

If this has been asked before, I apologize. I've been looking a lot and have been unable to locate an answer.

I have 3 Windows 7 Computers in my home. Each one has a specific drive that I want to be able to be publicly edited by the other computers. I can get them to connect to each other and open files, but I cannot get them to be able to edit them or add files to the respective network drives. I would really like to be able to allow my PCs to edit other PCs files in my specified drives.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:How to Allow Computers on Network to edit/add files to each other?

Open up the properties dialog on the drive you are sharing, Go to the sharing tab, click to open Advanced Sharing, Tick share this folder, Click to open Permissions, Tick Full Control, Click apply, Click Ok, Click Ok, Click Close.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/351592-how-allow-computers-network-edit-add-files-each-other.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Usually when I click on a mp3 file it will show all the informations about that file in the bottom of the folder and I can edit them, like album, contributing artists, and track number. But recently when I clicked on them there are no in tags for me to view. I have k-lite codec pack 10.3.7 installed.

Thanks.

A:Cannot view nor edit mp3 files in explorer.

Have you used a tagging application such as Mp3tag to take a look at them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/327618-cannot-view-nor-edit-mp3-files-explorer.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello...
I am in need of a free software program I can use to view and edit md3 files that are used in the Quake 3 engine for ememy territory ...Thanks...

A:Need free software to edit md3 files

I found this stuff,

APOCALYX - Tools

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/241543-need-free-software-edit-md3-files.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Win7 has this neat feature where I can navigate into a compressed (zip) file from Windows Explorer. The icon appears like a folder with a zipper through it & I can just navitage where I please.

However, I can't edit a file in the zip folder directly. I have to first copy it out of the zip, edit it, then copy back into the zip. What am I missing here? If I can overwrite a file why not just allow me to edit it?

thanks.
c

A:Unable to edit files in ZIP folders

Zip is one of the several existing formats for "archive" files. These files are typically compressed to save space and simplify data transmission. Although Windows treats them as folders (a feature that I personally prefer to disable), they are not really folders. One can extract files from an archive or add files, but I've never heard of a possibility to edit files still in an archive. Maybe there is a third-party software that opens an archive, un-compress it (i.e. unzip) to some temporary folder, then allows you to edit files in this temporary folder and at the end puts the archive back together (i.e. zip the files from the temporary folder into a new archive of the same name). But I don't know any. Maybe someone else can suggest something.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/87857-unable-edit-files-zip-folders.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Guyz i have some pdf document,and i want to delete some pages from it and want to make fonts of text smaller.
it has 190 pages and i want to make text smaller so it could fit around 100 pages.
pls tell me how should i do this ?

A:How to edit pdf files ! Need help with editing some document !

You'd probably need some kind of PDF editor. Most cost a fairly good amount of money. Don't know for sure if this free tool will do everything you want but it looks promising.

PDFescape - What is PDFescape? - Edit PDF Files Free - Form Fill PDF Files Free

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/233837-how-edit-pdf-files-need-help-editing-some-document.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm trying to edit a 12G 1080p mkv file and the program I'm using now, SolviegMM video splitter, crashes with a runtime error when I try to load it, so I am looking for another lightweight mkv editor. The thing I liked about solvieg is that it didn't re-encode the file so there was no quality loss, which is something I always struggle with because I want to produce something of 1080p quality.

Any ideas?

A:Lightweight program to edit MKV files?

For simple editing, Free Video Dub is a good choice. It?s not powerful but it?s very easy to use and cuts out unwanted parts losslessly, without re-encoding. It supports a variety of formats, among them .mkv. And it?s freeware, size 22MB.

Free Video Dub

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lightweight-program-to-edit-mkv-files.180239/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm trying to edit a 12G 1080p mkv file and the program I'm using now, SolviegMM video splitter, crashes with a runtime error when I try to load it, so I am looking for another lightweight mkv editor. The thing I liked about solvieg is that it didn't re-encode the file so there was no quality loss, which is something I always struggle with because I want to produce something of 1080p quality.
Any ideas?

Relevancy 47.73%

Anyone have any ideas on how to view and/or edit the various .db files that Windows XP creates? For example, it creates a thumbs.db and Windows Media Player creates various .db files.

I've downloaded various shareware tools and can't find any that will open them up. Any ideas?

A:Edit/View Windows XP .db files

Thumbs.db contains the image thumbnails for the directory. As far as I know its a proprietary format.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/edit-view-windows-xp-db-files.198044/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I want to take some music off of a DVD and put it on audio CD for my daughter's dance recital.

I've copied the file to my PC (*.VOB) and I can play the clip in Media Player, but I can't convert it into anything that will allow me to burn it to CD.

I also need to reduce the length of the clip if possible.

Is there any free software that I can use for this? Don't really want to pay for anything because after this I don't think I will need to use it again.

Thanks in advance!

A:Freeware to Edit Music files?

to shorten length of video, you can use Windows Movie Maker,

and editying program from .VOB to .MP3 i would reccomend

http://www.allformp3.com/vob-to-mp3.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/freeware-to-edit-music-files-488094.html
Relevancy 47.73%

It s always nice to find good PDF editor But even if you re successful in finding one it s not free Well I ve found one on Neowin PDF-Pro one of the most effective PDF creating and editing software is now available at no charge for personal non-commercial usage To register your free License run the PDF-Pro Setup Wizard and enter the word Personal in the Serial Number field ePapyrus PDF-Pro is a light fast and affordable PDF editor Create comment and edit your PDF files easy and fast with this amazing software ePapyrus PDF-Pro is a light fast and affordable PDF Pro free files PDF - edit for 5.1 ePapyrus PDF editor Create comment and edit your PDF files easy and fast with this amazing software Users will enjoy PDF-Pro s advanced features such as a batch console and drag amp drop technology to quickly ePapyrus PDF Pro 5.1 - edit PDF files for free produce high-quality PDFs from Microsoft Office files or Word documents Users will also benefit from PDF-Pro s renowned PDF editing capabilities such as redaction watermarking and personal stamping ePapyrus ePapyrus PDF Pro 5.1 - edit PDF files for free PDF-Pro features Create your PDF files Batch Conversion - By a simple process of drag drop and click you can convert to PDF format even a heap of Microsoft Word Documents and any other formats of documents It ll save your fingers from cramping and it ll prolong your mouse s life Virtual Printer - ePapyrus PDF-Pro also works as a nice printer driver under Windows environment Hence it can be used by any Windows application that generates printing For example in Microsoft Word choose File gt Print gt and choose PDF-Pro from the printer name list DjVu to PDF - Sometimes there comes need to convert DjVu documents to PDF Even in that case you can rest assured that ePapyrus PDF-Pro will do a quick and stable conversion Comment your PDFs ePapyrus PDF-Pro supports functionality to highlight strike-out and underline text in PDF documents You can also add sticky notes anywhere within your PDF document Put stamps on your PDF documents like a pro In addition to the set of predefined stamps you can add your own stamp images You can attach files onto your documents as you do when sending e-mails Further you can easily find the attached files in the attachment window Edit your PDFs like a Pro With powerful page organizer can merge multiple PDF documents into one PDF document or split one multi-page PDF document into multiple PDF documents Even you can compile a new PDF document from multiple sources of PDF documents Yes PDF-Pro works as a powerful and easy-to-use page organizer application ePapyrus PDF-Pro protects confidential documents using a secure encryption algorithm It makes encrypting easy by supporting batch encryption processes for multiple documents and also supports control over printing editing and copying You can permanently block out or cover certain images text in your document such as phone numbers tax details or any other personal information to be kept private ePapyrus PDF-Pro also provides search functionality to mark up texts to be redacted in addition to manual mark-up tool Users can insert a pre-selected watermark into the background of a PDF output file You can create hyperlinks in your PDF documents Hyperlinks can point another page in the document another file a website URL and another PDF document What s new in ePapyrus PDF Pro New Edit function available at Tools gt Advanced Editing gt Edit Text Tool A new set of functions is available at Tools gt Comment amp Markup gt Analyze for measuring distances perimeters and areas Download ePapyrus PDF-Pro MB Free for personal use Link ePapyrus PDF-Pro Home Page Source Neowin nbsp

A:ePapyrus PDF Pro 5.1 - edit PDF files for free

Thank you for posting this. Good PDF editors are indeed hard to come by for free.

By the way, what program do all your checkmarks pertain to?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/epapyrus-pdf-pro-5-1-edit-pdf-files-for-free.45344/
Relevancy 47.73%

I was finally able to get HomeGroups working on my PC and the HTPC.

My brother downloads videos (Top Gear) through my PC and would like to be able to transfer them to his afterwards.

It seems I'm able to copy the files from my PC to the HTPC, but not cut them. It mentions that he (HTPC) needs administrative permission.

What settings do I need to enable him to cut the files?

A:HomeGroups: Settings to let PC 1 edit files on PC 2?

Its late right now, but for anyone else wondering about this, I think I've found the solution here:
Share libraries with your homegroup

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/42471-homegroups-settings-let-pc-1-edit-files-pc-2-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I need somebody to help me here urgently. I need to modify the date/time sent of an outlook message that I had sent. I have tried hex editors, but don't know where to edit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-edit-outlook-msgs-or-pst-files.598576/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

my OS is windows 7 sp1 x64, and I have the following problem:

I wanted to edit an XML file in the folder
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default\searchplugins

While I can edit the file, firefox will not recognize the changes that I made to the file.
I tried to start my editor with administrative privileges, but this didn't help. I had the same problem before, with a file that was located in the programs folder. I was able to change it, but the program didn't recognize the changes.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

Hope someone here can help me, thank you in advance for any advice.

-Tob

A:Can't edit files in roaming folder

Have you tried making those changes in the program itself?
Could be that file you are editing is a backup of the real original file.
Make the change in the program and then look at that file to see if it reflects the changes.
Also do a search for *.XML and see if there is another file with a similar name in some other folder, like a folder for the Firefox program.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/155965-cant-edit-files-roaming-folder.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a document in PDF where I could type in my name, etc. Instead of saving to a JPG, then trying
to put the text where it belongs, does anyone know of any free software I could install to be able
to edit PDF files?

Thanks

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi. I want optimize my jobs and I write some batch file.
So I need to batch file do:
Open and edit C:/windows/system32/ "AUTOEXEC.NT" and "CONFIG.NT"
Just need add some lines at end of file and edit few lines at file. Is that possible? Can anyone give me some script example?

A:Batch file: need edit files.

A batch file is in the format .bat. And you can edit them simply by opening them up in Notepad.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/batch-file-need-edit-files-265233.html
Relevancy 47.73%

There was a Metro app that I installed that I liked the functionality of but didn't like the fonts for I knew where the configuration was to change the appearance a CSS file in the C Program Files WindowsApps lt app name gt directory but when I tried to modify the file it kept giving me an quot Access is denied quot error without any extra information I tried changing the ownership of the apps folder to my own account didn't work folder Can't files WindowsApps in edit Changed the ownership of that specific file and all the other files within that folder still not allowed Can't edit files in WindowsApps folder I went into the PowerShell as administrator and tried copying or renaming the file still quot Access is denied quot and nothing else Is there a way to make this file editable or is the access blocked on a system level I just want to change a few fonts around but if Microsoft is trying to prevent me from doing so in order to protect its walled garden then I'm afraid I'm going to have to give up on Windows It was so hopeful too I really liked the idea of the Metro interface

A:Can't edit files in WindowsApps folder

This should work..

takeown /F "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" /A /R

Careful though. I tried to but found that some apps check the SHA or MD5 (or some such) and will not work at all if you change anything.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/34942-cant-edit-files-windowsapps-folder.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I clicked on "notepad" in an effort to edit a ".gf" file. Now all of my "gf" extensions have notepad as the way to open these files. That is ok if I'm just viewing them, but I wish to edit them and it will not allow me to save the changes I have made to these files.
What program do I use to open these files?
How do I delete notepad from the "preffered .gf file viewer?"

Relevancy 47.73%

I have column (i pretend column is line which goes from up to down) . It contains values. like 450 , 320 , 14000 . I want to delete entire row ( left to right) , whose value is less than 900. how cna i do this?

thanks

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/was34.png/

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi!

Trying to share two external drives through my laptop with Win 7 to my wireless network at home. I'm pretty new at this and dont really fully grasp what I am doing but still managed to share two internal drives and one external without any big issues.

But I am having trouble with one drive. I can share it and I can see it and I can play the movies in the folders BUT from another computer I cannot delete, add or edit files, only view and play. I stayed up all night but still couldnt fix it. I tried to compare settings, checked the security tab for differences and permissions but it seems to be more or less the same settings, I say more or less because the settings have been acting weird.

I know I lack the knowledge and thats why I fail so I hope someone can push me in the right direction

A:Cant edit files in shared drive

Please show me the permissions of the share. And post permissions of root folder of share as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249460-cant-edit-files-shared-drive.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have edited a .adm file to allow me different choices in the hide drives section, but when i save it, it wont load.

i have tried saving it as a text file, and as a unicode format file. the text file wouldnt load, and the unicode version made the pc bomb like nothing i'd ever witnessed in my life before. quite an accomplishment

any help would be great, ive looked webwise but havent had much luck. its just the format to save it as that i require

thanks

A:How to save Windows 98 .adm files after edit?

Note that if you modify an .adm file while the System Policy Editor application is running, you will need to reload the file. From the Options menu, select Policy Template, and press OK. This reloads the structure, and your new entries will be available. (You do not need to perform this step if you modify a file before starting the System Policy Editor; the reload is done automatically each time the System Policy Editor starts.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-save-windows-98-adm-files-after-edit.9282/
Relevancy 47.73%

I really messed up. I had created some .doc files of legal documents. I printed them, had them notarized, and scanned them, saving them as .pdf files. I now want to make some modifications. I have searched and searched, but can't find the .doc files. I'm using Adobe Reader to view the pdf files, but am not able to edit them.

Can someone direct me to some freeware that will allow me to edit pdf files? Or is there conversion software that will convert the .pdf to an editable .doc file?

Thank you.

Relevancy 47.3%

So, I'm extremely confused.

I simply tried to delete an mp3 file that I had, but it said "You require permission from an admin". I've encountered this before, so I knew what to do for the most part. I right-clicked, selected "Take Ownership", but still couldn't delete it. I went to properties... and this is what showed up:

I don't get it, inside the folder it just looks like a simple mp3 file.
Does anyone know why it's telling me the file has 12 files in it?
EDIT: So, it's changed to a regular mp3 file now... but I still cannot delete it. At all. I'm and admin on this computer (and the only user, I might add) and I still can't get rid of it.

A:Can't delete an .mp3 file (properties says it has 12 files in it...?)

Move the file to the c: root. Just to make it easier. Open a CMD as admin. type cd.. hit enter. Do this again till your at the c: root. Now type del /f filename "filename is the name of the file you want to delete". Hit enter. Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399923-cant-delete-mp3-file-properties-says-has-12-files.html