Windows Support Forum

Documents Library also Appears in Pictures Library

Q: Documents Library also Appears in Pictures Library

My libraries file, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos had developed a problem.

When I click on Pictures, the picture folders appear, but immediately below, my document files appear as folders also.

If I delete a document file in the pictures file, the document also deletes in the documents file.

If I try to move the document file from the picture file to the document file, a window says its an Identical sub folder and won't go any further.

How can I remove the folder list of documents from the picture file without destroying those documents in the document file?

I think that this problem developed as I loaded an ArcSoft program to read slides into my computer.

Thanks,

Jimbow

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Documents Library also Appears in Pictures Library

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Documents Library also Appears in Pictures Library

Hello Jimbow, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If it's just been added to your Pictures library by mistake, then you should be able to use the tutorial below to remove it from the library without deleting the actual folder.

Library - Remove a Included Folder

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302720-documents-library-also-appears-pictures-library.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Power outage due to storm. Came back on without pictures and documents. It's an HP desktop. Would a file recovery program work? I've tried some of the instructions online, but they don't work.

A:Lost pictures on Windows 7 from power outage

Oh mary; I feel your pain. Were the pics within one folder and now they're ALL missing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-pictures-on-windows-7-from-power-outage.217351/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Guys Mike here,My old computer crashed during a lightening storm(mobo was bad)and bought a new HP pavillion slimline.Whats the best way to get "my documents "my pictures" from my old hD.This very important to me as i have a lot of pics of my daughter on that old hd and she passed away 8/26/2010 at the age of 39.Thanks Regards Mike

A:Best way to transfer my documents/pictures from corrupt hard drive

Hi Mike
Assuming your hard drive is still in working order and uncorrupted by the lightning strike I don`t think it should be too difficult.
I had a similar problem and got round it by buying a :- USB 2.0 to SATA IDE Hard Drive Adapter Converter Cable, of Ebay in the UK for approx 7.USB-SATA-IDE-Hard-Drive-Adapter-Converter (brilliant piece of kit and worth every penny)
Just remove the HD from the old computer and power it up on your desk using the purchased device and connect to your new computer USB port.
Open Windows Explorer on your new computer to view the contents of your old HD and "Drag and Drop" or "Copy & Paste" the files required to your new computer.
If your old HD is corrupt as mine was you may require some suitable software. I used "EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard" (not the free edition) although the free edition may be worth trying before going to any great expense.
Hopefully your HD is uncorrupted.
Hope you fully understood my explanation and good luck.
Regards
Danny

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-transfer-my-documents-pictures-from-corrupt-hard-drive.177245/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi I searched the internet using google and came across a post from on this forum which discussed the problem I am having although it didn t seem to have a conclusion the assistance given was very good I have a fujitsu-siemens scaleo unrecoverable Windows problems to volume appears XP The more or contain one t desktop which from the posts I have read seems like my hard drive is on it s last legs Which is ok because I recently bought a seagate external hard drive so that I could backup and copy all the files from my pc which I had been using mainly for storage as I have a laptop I had an idea that as the make of the pc is not all that good I may start to have problems and was trying to pre-empt unfortunately it seems the pc has beaten me to it and started to die before I could get all the files off the hard drive onto the seagate I got to m in the folders and am really desperate to recover the rest of the files especially one of photos Sorry to be so long winded but thought the more information I can give to my situation the better it is I have rebooted from the cd and the The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems Windows XP windows xp disk which did not complete I have done a chkdsk r whcih came up with this message I rebooted with the windows disk in and started the process again and got the message the following list shows the exiasting partitions etc etc Unknow Disk there is no disk in this drive Options given ENTER Install D Delete Partition F Quit I haven t gone any further as I didn t want to possibly jeopardise retriving my files What can I do All help greatly The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems Windows XP appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems Windows XP

If it is within your budget, buy an external hard drive enclosure which operates with a USB or Firewire cable (depending on what you can use). They are available at many online stores such as Directron, NewEgg, Frys, and on eBay...
Do NOTHING more with your computer. Remove the hard drive now. When you get the external enclosure, insert your failing hard drive, then plug the "enclosed" hard drive into your new or restored computer, where you often locate the needed files and folders and drag them across,. This does not work everytime, but most of the time, the hard drive will not boot because of damage to the outer edge of the disks, but you can still see the data on the drive when it is on a USB connection.
Once you find you can access the old hard drive via a USB connection, do NOT turn it off or disconnect until you have rescued and verified all the data and images.
You may find that it works slowly and takes a lot of time, but it is surprising how often this will work to rescue stuff that is important to you.
If an external enlosure is not available to you, you may be able to insert the drive into another coputer as a slave, with changes to the jumper, and find them that way.
This works because the old drive no longer has to boot. It is not fool proof, but the only other method is to have a rescue company recover the data... it usually costs a lot of money... starting at $55 to test, and as much as $500 to retrieve the files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-volume-appears-to-contain-one-or-more-unrecoverable-problems-windows-xp.174242/
Relevancy 27.09%

hello! excited to be here willing to learn and discuss within.

Ok! I have a problem with this usb of mine a few days ago it was working fine but just this morning as I tried to retrieve few documents I saved there yesterday a error message appeared on the task pane which said that the device had malfunctioned and windows does not recognize the device. I started to panic as this was the first time it had happened.
Did the normal checkups right clicked on My Computer went to device manager scrolled down to Universal Serial Bus Controllers located on which port the usb was connected discovered that it was Unknown tried to update driver but problem persists. Removed outer casing cleaned mother board but inserted usb tilted around abit but problem still there.

Any solution documents very important involves security of a nation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-still-retrieve-documents-from-a-malfuntioned-usb.171475/
Relevancy 27.52%

I read that to create a backup CD of My Pictures I I I Pictures think lost My should drag the My Pictures desktop shortcut icon to the CD drive shortcut icon and drop it there I think I lost My Pictures I did that I closed My Pictures and played the newly created CD I looked at several pictures Confident that my pictures were now safe on the CD I deleted most of the pictures in My Pictures Still confident I emptied the Recycle Bin Today I needed a couple pictures from the CD I opened the CD and Xclicked the My Pictures icon thinking I was going to view the pictures I had put on the CD Finding only a few pictures I realized that the My Pictures icon on the CD had opened the My Pictures file on the computer Can anyone tell me how I can get to the pictures on the CD As long as that My Pictures icon is on the CD I don t know how to get past it The CD is a CD-R so I can t remove the icon I m thinking if I could somehow disable the My Pictures on my computer I could get to the pictures on the CD and make a new CD without the My Pictures icon Or do it on a different computer that doesn t have a My Pictures program I m using Windows XP home nbsp

A:I think I lost My Pictures

It sounds like you copied the shortcut to My Pictures onto your CD. Double click on My Computer, right click on the CD you have supposedly copied your pictures to, then click on Explore. You should be able to browse your pictures. Or instead of clicking on Explore, click on Properties. It should tell you the total MB of pictures. 300 pictures would probably be couple hundred MB. If that's not what you see, then thing didn't go as you hoped.

At this point, you should prepare yourself that some of the pictures might be unrecoverable. Use programs like Recuva or Photorec and see what can be recovered. Better to install these on a USB drive rather than C: (assuming that's where you saved the pictures) and risk overwriting the "deleted files".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-i-lost-my-pictures.170015/
Relevancy 30.1%

hey ive been having a problem with my external hdd which im now trying to run as BIOS? HDD appears that's now in only External internal an internal one basically yesterday it was working fine as an external then i started to get quot delayed write failure quot or somethign like that and couldn t save E file and everytime it did this more files would disappear from the hd I tried to run a diskcheck on it and it crashed half way through when i restarted the pc the hd was no longer appearing and every now and then if i External HDD that's now internal only appears in BIOS? restarted it i could get it to show up in my computer but the hd was completly empty and also whoing it was now RAW Someone suggested mounting it internally which i did and as soon i startedu up great my xp recognized it and installed it and i thought it was going to work then the delayed write failure hting popped up again and boom gone External HDD that's now internal only appears in BIOS? from my computer and since then its being recognized in bios as a slave driver but cant be found in device manager disk management or by any programs like test disk nothing only in bios is there anythign that can be done as i have like years of recorded music over time built up on it the hdd aint that old but i transferred at some point from pc to it thanks nbsp

A:External HDD that's now internal only appears in BIOS?

anyone got any ideas even if its long shots im willing to try just about anything

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-thats-now-internal-only-appears-in-bios.166537/
Relevancy 59.34%

Okay, soo my computer's memory is full and I want to clean it out. I was wondering if it's possible to export my itunes library on a 1TB external hard drive, delete all the music off the computer than be able to sync my ipod while my hard drive is plugged in. Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/exporting-itunes-library-to-external-hard-drive.163025/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey Guys,

my motherboard is an ASUS P8H67-M PRO i built my computer a few days ago and haven't really had any major problems but i noticed today when i turn my computer on there is a little message the top left hand corner of the screen i can really make it all out as it is gone in an instant but what i can make out is
"No Devices"

Does anyone know how to fix this? it doesnt make sense as my drives work fine and they are recognised inside the bios. The only issue i have had is i cam to install linux today and i received an error message saying CD/DVD + USB devices not found and i cant help thinking they are linked.

Thanks in advance

A:"No Devices" message appears before BIOS loads

Did you install the chipset drivers?

Are there any devices in Device Manager with a yellow ? or triangle next to it.

What version of windows are you running.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-devices-message-appears-before-bios-loads.161876/
Relevancy 26.23%

Title pretty much says it all. I am a student and do a lot of work on my desktop. However, I take my laptop to school with me and would like it to transfer(sync) everything for me. I was thinking about writing a .bat file to do this for me, but it's been a long time since I've done any serious programming. Both computers are running windows 7 and connected via wireless network. I have a home group setup and I have not deeply looked through the sharing settings.

A:Wondering how to sync my documents from my desktop to laptop automatically

Checkout DropBox as a possible solution

Pluses:
> It's freeware. First 2GB storage is free (and if i recall reasonably priced after that)
> It'll both sync files between computers AND keep a copy on an available server should you need them from elsewhere

Make sure you use a PRIVATE Dropbox folder
Minuses:
> Files are kept on DropBox servers. PRIVATE folders should only be accessible by yourself with secure login but personally, i still don't put my "confidential" files on any public server just being "cyber" cautious

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wondering-how-to-sync-my-documents-from-my-desktop-to-laptop-automatically.160735/
Relevancy 26.66%

when I put any flash drive in my usb port, I'm getting a pop up showing the message- sdfsdf. My flash drives were working two days ago. No matter what flash drive I put in, i'm not able to open up my documents. It also happens on my other computer here at home. what could be the problem?

A:Can't open documents on my flash drives

It's potentially a virus or some remnants of a virus. I would suggest scanning your PC and the drives and disable the auto-play/auto-run feature so Windows doesn't try to auto start anything from removable drives.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-open-documents-on-my-flash-drives.155729/
Relevancy 26.66%

Once again this beginner on the computer is having a problem, to make things easier I am not upset at being guided to a tuturial or another site... I am greatful for any and all help. PROBLEM ... I did a system restore and I was FINALLY able to get back almost 100% of my pictures and data files, now the problem is when I try to open them it says "preview not available" and I do not know what to do .... I also had a few movies that I had created and can not open them.... any advice from you folks.... you have been so fantastic with my other problems, I invite you all to Kansas for a beer ..... thank you Nashkan (Dan)

A:Getting my pictures back after system restoral

Dan,
When I formatted my W2k computer and upgraded to XP Pro years ago i woke up in the middle of the night and realized one CD wasn't big enough to hold all my photos. I had many GBs of photos. I bought a program ($30 to 35) called Active Undelete. found at:
http://www.active-undelete.com/
And after many hours of scanning I actually restored all my photos where there were none when I started.

I found out formatting doesn't really remove data!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-my-pictures-back-after-system-restoral.150799/
Relevancy 26.66%

Using Windows XP Home and a Motorola RAZR phone camera I have an older RAZR and a new one I just bought With the older phone Sending pictures to my desktop as an attachment to an email Each picture shows up in the email with it s own number name under the picture e g - - I Problem sending to pictures from desktop phone download the pic to My Documents then I use Open With gt Photoimprission and all is well With the new phone In the phone each pic has a number name When the pics show up in the email there is no number instead under every pic it says Preview If I change the name I can download multiple pics to My Documents When I use Open With gt Photoimpression Photoimpression opens but the pic does not show up The problem is with the new RAZR I removed the battery amp sim from the new phone put them in the old phone and it works fine nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-sending-pictures-from-phone-to-desktop.149391/
Relevancy 29.67%

so i have an Advent Laptop for about 5 months now. 2 days ago all of a sudden my L button on my keyboard stopped working. When i press it a j appears. PLEASE HELP,

ps the way i am using a L now is because im pasting it every time i need it

A:Annoying keyboard problem, when I press L, J appears

Replace the keyboard under warranty... or first place the computer upside down and blow out the lint, fiber, and dust out with a canned air such as Dust Off or other that is designed to clean computers... as a first step.
Do not clean with untreated compressed air.
This can be the first sign of a greater problem... so talk to the people were you obtained it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/annoying-keyboard-problem-when-i-press-l-j-appears.147768/
Relevancy 26.66%

I installed a hard drive into my pc to access stored movies. The drive appears in explorer but when trying to open drive I get the message please insert disk media into storage device. Any tricks on how to get to the files.
Thanks

A:Can't access harddrive "insert disk message appears"

wostone said:

I installed a hard drive into my pc to access stored movies. The drive appears in explorer but when trying to open drive I get the message please insert disk media into storage device. Any tricks on how to get to the files.
ThanksClick to expand...

You might have auto-run worm on the system. Does it appear on C also? When last you scan your system for malware/spyware/adware/worms/viruses/trojans?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-harddrive-insert-disk-message-appears.132487/
Relevancy 26.66%

I think that I recovered some of my emails and documents after accidently reformatting my computer. However I can't seem to open the documents.
Some say its a shortcut, others are like a pst folder. Plus there were things.
Hope this makes sense. How do I actually open these folders now? It looks like there is something there given the size of it.
Maybe its the blonde in me. I did the recovery with ISO mechanics if that makes a difference.

Thanks so much for any help. These are work documents and spent hours on them and I also had very important emails saved in folder with outlook.

A:How do you open recovered documents and emails?

outlook saves everything in a *.pst file which is located
C:\Documents and Settings\_your_login_\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\

IF outlook runs at all, then find the specific PST that has a meaningful size and is post dated -- dbl click on it and it should open with all the old content

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-you-open-recovered-documents-and-emails.130774/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi everyone The other day I was uploading some pictures from my digital camera to my laptop All of a sudden the computer just shut off When I attempted to restart it it Problem unrecoverable have Hard to (Volume Drive appears problems) Serious would keep shutting off and restarting I kept getting the screen when it asks you if you would like to start in Safe Mode or with the Last Good Configuration or Normally I ve had the same problem with another computer of mine so I booted the system from my OS CD I ran a CHKDSK and a message came up that said The volume appears to contain one or Serious Hard Drive Problem (Volume appears to have unrecoverable problems) more unrecoverable problems When I looked it up online I saw a lot of websites that said the hard drive was probably dying So I went to Best Buy and bought myself a Rocketfish Hard Drive Enclosure in the hopes that I could recover files to the desktop computer that I have as I have done twice before When I finally got it all set up I couldn t access the drive E I went to My Computer and then when I clicked on my E Drive I got the message E is not accessible Incorrect function And when I try to right click on the drive nothing happens I even tried to search through the drive but I got the Incorrect function message again I m really desperate now and I m willing to do just about anything now to recover at least some of the files I don t care if I can never use the hard drive again but I just want to get the pictures that I had on the computer Is there any way I can go about doing this Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Serious Hard Drive Problem (Volume appears to have unrecoverable problems)

1) Does this enclosure come with its own AC adapter? Make sure its connected powered on

2) Interestingly enough see this link about check the cable jumpers as well

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/serious-hard-drive-problem-volume-appears-to-have-unrecoverable-problems.126555/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey all having used Acer s for the Acer upgrade info 5920 and pictures last few weeks I decided to open the little guy up and take a few shots Acer 5920 pictures and upgrade info I didn t have time to do a full tear down so here are the first few shots And yes all I had Acer 5920 pictures and upgrade info at the time was the camera on my phone The shots to take not of are the ones showing the MXM type II graphics card So a video upgrade is indeed possible The other being the network card and the one empty slot that mirror s it on the motherboard Expansion Possible to add an quot N quot spec or others later on Any thoughts Also I forgot to take one but the CPU is not soddered in it s your standard Core Duo socket So yes you can upgrade it just be careful with your thermals The picture with the giant white label in it is the network card Again sorry for the Acer 5920 pictures and upgrade info crappy quality I ll get new ones up when I ve got time to take it apart again nbsp

A:Acer 5920 pictures and upgrade info

icic....
it's good to see acer can be "halfway"opened like my old travelmate.

hence it's possible to clean CPU heatsink without doing full teardown..

some series of acer does not allow this, they only allow to open the RAM and HDD case. hence when it's time to clean the CPU heatsink and fan, big teardown must be done...

anyway 5920G is a nice laptop...
my housemate has one and it's one of the most impressive acer
bad thing is that it cant be 200* opened (screen) like old travelmate series

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-5920-pictures-and-upgrade-info.85724/
Relevancy 29.24%

my laptops starts fine,works fine but when i turn off my laptop or hibernate it,it doesnt turn off completey.....after the message of "windows is shutting down" a black screen appears and the laptop remains on even if i leave it like that for the whole night....ihave to pull the battery out or turn off the laptop by pressing its starting button. please help

A:Laptop doesnt turn off completely, Black Screen appears

This could be caused by a corrupt or failing hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-doesnt-turn-off-completely-black-screen-appears.117231/
Relevancy 27.09%

I pictures corrupt Music and will try to explain as well as I Music and pictures corrupt can My friend has been having some slight computer problems lately so I went over to take a look The first problem that the screen would get a lot of jibberish on it Pixels or what ever I tried Music and pictures corrupt a new cable and uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and Music and pictures corrupt no go I installed a new driver and the same Finally I tried a new video card and it worked great That is just the first of the problem I then noticed that one of his hdd on his raid had gone bad so I took it out and got it replaced In the meantime when I restarted his computer it did a disc check and did some things I had never seen before but it completed the check on the good disc All seemed to be working well until a few days ago he said that his music was doing crazy things so I went over to take another look I played a song and it would start in the middle of the song and play a whole nother song I would play Queen and Celine would come on but it would start in the middle of one of her songs Not all the songs are like that though We never did count but I would venture to say at least half are still good I then just out of curiosity went to his pictures and they also had problems A couple of them would show up and the others would not They still showed they had mb or mb in each folder for the pictures but nothing would show up He mentioned something about some power surges but he is proteced with a battery backup ups from APC What does it sound like to you nbsp

A:Music and pictures corrupt

Sounds like a failing hard drive...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-and-pictures-corrupt.116575/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hiya guys need ur help Problem All my drives including C at first D E F amp E: Access D: F: says Drives My is also Denied, & Documents My Documents cannot be accessed When i open my computer and double-click on drive D or E or Drives D: E: & F: says Access is Denied, My Documents also F it says quot D access is denied quot But i can access the drives through the address bar Afterthat i can access everything within that drive Except for My Documents which i had placed on drive F when i try to open it also says quot Access is Denied quot couldn t also get in even through the address bar it started after i downloaded sumthing maybe it was a virus Also after i updated my AVG the Drives i could not access first so i tried reinstalling windows XP also due to some virus problems After i reinstalled i could no longer also access My Documents Tried scanning it didn t work I also tried the quot Security quot thing Didn t work on the drives but it worked on My Documents Folder but i could not access everything inside My Documents I really need your help cant afford reformatting got lots of important files on My Documents DESPERATELY YOURS shinobi nbsp

A:Drives D: E: & F: says Access is Denied, My Documents also

Uninstall AVG

Restart

Check the drives, ok? .....Not ok read on

Run This: http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/BillCastner/FixPolicies.exe

Restart

Check the drives, ok? .....Not ok read on

Have a look at:

Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drives-d-e-f-says-access-is-denied-my-documents-also.114533/
Relevancy 26.66%

My hp 3330 prints scanned pdf documents very slowly, about 25 seconds per page. It takes about 3 seconds to print a normal pdf document. I tried reinstalling the drivers and updating the firmware. So far this hasn't helped.

I'm using windows xp, and the 3330 is connected to my computer by usb cable.

A:HP 3330 prints scanned pdf documents very slowly

OK, I finally downloaded and installed the HP "Universal Print Driver for Windows - PCL6" and the "Universal Print Driver for Windows - PostScript".

This has helped greatly, it now takes about 7 seconds to print each page from a scanned PDF document.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-3330-prints-scanned-pdf-documents-very-slowly.112782/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi I was foolish enough to try to use NVidia NTune It did not run too far into the program before the screen froze up My comp s b in my sig Asus a n-sli deluxe AMD Win XP bit When I yank the plug then restart the comp gets as far as having the desktop appear cursor moves but it is hourglass still the time gets filled in at the recover NTune. Freeze Help from XP appears soon me after lower right corner the quot start quot button gets filled in at the lower left then in another second eveything freezez Help me recover from NTune. Freeze soon after XP appears locks up Task list will not come up Nothing will happen The only variation is that some times the screen will get messed up diagonal lines of blues as if writing my desktop to the screen got distorted How do I recover I got into BIOS and set everything to quot auto quot to undo the effects of NTune Made no difference I went Help me recover from NTune. Freeze soon after XP appears back to NTune site and read s t about having recent BIOS so I have successfully updated BIOS to bin thx to those who gave me input on that posting Still no difference in this freezing pattern What should I do Oh BTW yes I tried that little square called quot search quot but found nothing abt how to get out of this nbsp

A:Help me recover from NTune. Freeze soon after XP appears

Try a system restore

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-recover-from-ntune-freeze-soon-after-xp-appears.111370/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi I m not sure if this is the right forum Let me know if this isn t right forum I wanted to ask everyone something about my pictures in photo gallery When I view pictures the ones that are like bright sunny day most pix seems to look fine Most of the photos looks like they are color book Can t explain it It just don t look like a picture When I print the photo or use it in movie maker to put on DVD They look great About a month ago I bought a new monitor I thought the monitor was doing this Before replacing the monitor it was a lot worse I don t know if i clean it the wrong way I now know to clean the lcd with it being off and computer too I didn t do that before Didn t know if static got the old monitor and send to my graphic card or video card I m not a computer expert still learning I photo in Pictures gallery like to know what to check for Any help Thanks Pictures in photo gallery and Have a great day Todd nbsp

A:Pictures in photo gallery

What is the brand and model of your computer, and the brand and model of your graphics card? Or do you have on-board graphics. The issues you discuss are usually related to lower quality graphics cards combined with the softrware used to view and edit the photos. You might want to consider something like Adobe Elements 5.0 (goor price) or Adobe Elements 6.0 (big price jump with little improvement over 5.0)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pictures-in-photo-gallery.111240/
Relevancy 25.8%

For about two weeks now when I put my SD Memory card in my computer nothing pops up to allow me to upload videos I have tried to go to quot My computer quot and look for the device but unfortunately it says there isn t a memory card in Though the light is on memory to nothing up in, help pops but Computer is pictures/videos upload card shows next to where you insert the memory card telling me it s in there The pictures look fine when they are on my camera I don t see a problem with my memory Computer shows memory card is in, but nothing pops up to upload pictures/videos help card and it is not on lock So I tried using a USB cord for my Polaroid camera my memory card in the camera as well When I go to my computer it says it recognizes the device but it tells me the file cannot be formatted Only photos on my camera not on my SD memory card can be uploaded The pictures on this memory card are important to me and I do not know why they are not uploading Please helpp nbsp

A:Computer shows memory card is in, but nothing pops up to upload pictures/videos help

Sounds like the SD card has died to me, i'm not sure if it's possible to get the pics off of it, maybe someone else on here knows more about that side of things.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shows-memory-card-is-in-but-nothing-pops-up-to-upload-pictures-videos-help.110284/
Relevancy 29.67%

Ok so last week I got some trouble with my router (d-link)
I reset it to the defaults then went to 192.168.1.1

Got in and put in my username pw and the rest!
Got my internet back and everything was fine!

Next day I wake up and try to access internet. wouldn't load.
Checked my settings, they'd been reset again.
This has happened in a loop every day.

The settings I input only last a day or reset whenever I turn my router off at night.
I've tried inputting the settings in Firefox, as safari doesn't log me in.
I tried Opera too!!

A:My Router appears to reset it's settings daily

No they must be in the router (ie it's not dial-up)

Did you select :"Save settings to router, and restart router" (wording may be different, but about right)

The Router will then Save all your modifications and restart (Actually I think it's "Save All" syntax)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-router-appears-to-reset-its-settings-daily.109426/
Relevancy 26.23%

I'm using windows xp home.

A couple of the pictures in my slide show are too big I guess. I did reduce the size of one pic to 250x199 and things are lost at the top and bottom. Another picture is 560x420 and on the sides I lose some stuff that goes over the edge of my TV when I play the DVD.

So reducing the pics didnt seem to help.

Then I right clicked on pics in the timeline, and selected Crop. That seems like its supposed to help me make the pic fit the TV screen, but no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

When I watch the slide show using the Nero play and view screen, the pictures are fine, but on a burned DVD, afew pics are too big.

Thanks

A:Nero 7 Ultra slide show - pictures dont fit

Download Google's Picasa 2 and install it. Let it load the original pics and export them through Picasa at a fixed resolution to a file. From this exported file, burn another DVD and see if the pictures play properly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nero-7-ultra-slide-show-pictures-dont-fit.105064/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey everybody I recently got a zune and I dont know how to use dvds, wmp and other types of video with the zune and I dont know how to get pictures work. Thank you very much

A:Converting Videos and Pictures to the zune

Maybe this`ll help.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/converting-videos-and-pictures-to-the-zune.64123/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have just recently bought a computer that someone else made. He told me that the only thing the computer needed was memory. Well I bought the correct memory from crucial.com, stuck it in there, and when I start it up nothing appears on-screen. The motherboard is a Biostar M7VIG 400 and the memory is DDR PC3200 unbuffered, non-ECC. When I hit the power button, I hear the Hard drive start but that is it. In order for me to turn the computer off I have to hit the power switch on the power supply. If anyone knows how this can be fixed it would be greatly appreciated if you could tell me and ask if you need anymore information. Thanks.

A:Computer starts up, but nothing appears on-screen.

Sorry

The memory Crucial.com said was compatible with my mobo was PC2700 not PC3200. Even though the lower density (256MB and 512MB) are PC3200 the 1 GB is PC2700. The man said that the only memory that will work with the mobo is PC3200 unbuffered, non-ECC, and CL3. I found that the memory Crucial.com gave me was PC2700, unbuffered, non-ECC and CL2.5. Will this have any effect?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-starts-up-but-nothing-appears-on-screen.100785/
Relevancy 26.66%

hi i have put my dads hard drive into my pc as a slave drive so i can get pictures and music off it etc, when logged onto windows (on my drive) i can access his drive in my computer, but i cant access his documents as he had a password on his account, i knw the password etc, so is there a way i can enter this so i can access it? at the moment it just tells me "access denied". hope ive made sense?

A:Accesing documents on other hard drive.

do you intend to return his drive to hist system? if so, just do so without changing
anything.

you can get is documents using filesharing (ICS with a crossover cable would do)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accesing-documents-on-other-hard-drive.101204/
Relevancy 26.66%

So i am working on burning some pictures and my Drive keeps coming up with

E:/ is not accessible.
Incorrect Function.

I do have a CD DVD burner, I bought it from Newegg about a year and a half ago..

I have been searching the forum and have found answers to this question, but none of them have worked...

any trouble shooting things that anyone can help with??? this is really getting annoying...

ps, it burns CD's fine.. I just burned a mp3 CD earlier today from iTunes.... i just cant the get the pictures to burn..

A:Burner drive not burning pictures

Replace the burner

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burner-drive-not-burning-pictures.97566/
Relevancy 26.66%

First time using memory card reader. I have been using reader to transfer
pictures to memory card/sddisk for digital picture frames. I got through
1 set of pictures, now when I try it keeps saying (cannot copy) the directory or file cannot be created. what is happening? thanks

A:Transfer pictures to memory card in reader

Card is full or locked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/transfer-pictures-to-memory-card-in-reader.95737/
Relevancy 61.92%

Ok first off i really couldn t find the best forum to post this in so please move as requried Right brass tacks I m creating a fully cat e and probably coax too while i m at it embedded network in the house i m about to move into I ve just installed Vista Home Premium as a dual boot on my main pc and it links nicely to the xbox for the media center bits n bobs My intention is to put c d pc s in each of the kids rooms running Vista HP too They will also eventually have tv cards in so they can watch tv from their rooms I would like to put a NAS box on the network for central storage and create a library NAS...etc dvd Creating on a a library of all our dvd s on there so the kids can just use their media centre to select a dvd and watch it rather than finding the disc and playing it through their dvd drive How do i successfully copy a dvd film to the NAS so that it populates the media center list and can be watched by clicking its thumbnail Drag n drop TS files etc or is there specific software that will do it all for me If kids wanted to watch either the same film or different films at the same time from their own bedrooms would they experience stuttering due to the load Indeed can the same film be watched simultaneously by pc s on the network Bearing in mind my first point about flooding cat e through the house i thought i d flood coax in as well for tv radio quality to each room Any other cabling to consider The answers you nice people give may raise more questions so be prepared nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creating-a-dvd-library-on-a-nas-etc.94868/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all,

Winamp's being... temperamental, to say the least.
I have a music library of ~2000 songs which I want to get it to sync to my MP3 player. It recognizes that my player is connected to my PC just fine, but when I tell it to sync all 2000 songs in one shot the program freezes and crashes.
I really do NOT want to have to sit at my PC for hours and sync my music library 50 songs at a time. Is there a workaround for this problem or am I just going to have to bite the bullet?

Thanks,

-'Mage

EDIT: Mods, please delete this thread, I reposted it in "Misc. Software". Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winamp-crashes-when-syncing-music-library.93183/
Relevancy 26.23%

I just bought a new Flash Drive, and i found a problem. I copy and paste all my files from my old usb. When i try to open the word documents that i saved, it opens and then it says That the file need converting (encoding), but after i encode it, it just come out blocky not letters. Why is this happening? When i try to open it in my other USB it works...

HELP
Thanks

A:Flash Drive - Word Documents become corrupted need encoding!

Did you remove the new USB drive properly after copying the files? Using the "safely remove hardware" feature? If you unplug the drive while copying files or somethimes even when the copy dialog has closed, you will corrupt data.

Are you using the same computer for opening the files from your old and the new USB drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flash-drive-word-documents-become-corrupted-need-encoding.89320/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have saved and named (using Adobe Photoshop) about 150 pictures in a folder in My Pictures in XP. Later when I go back to add some add to the folder from a CD from a relative the original photos in the folder have become mixed up and they seem out of order and the names do not coorespond to the photo. When I view them as a slideshow they are in the correct order, but when viewed as a thumbnail the thumbnail does not coorespond to the name. If I "save as" each picture then they are coorespond again to name, but I'm tired of having to go back and resave each picture all over again. This happens lately to larger folders of pictures that I add to My Pictures. Does any one know what causes this and how to prevent or fix the problem.

A:Photo names do not coorespond to the photo in My Pictures

dhack said:

... they seem out of order and the names do not coorespond to the photo. When I view them as a slideshow they are in the correct order, ...Click to expand...

The names in a folder view will be different than that of your camera software.
What 'slideshow' software are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/photo-names-do-not-coorespond-to-the-photo-in-my-pictures.88777/
Relevancy 30.1%

I followed this video how-to on accessing the Zune through Windows Explorer and everything worked fine at first. When I went into My Computer and opened my Zune (it showed up fine), everything appeared to work except if I tried to open, copy/paste, or drag and drop any file to or from my Zune it says "Access is Denied." I have Windows Vista. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Zune appears in Windows Explorer but...

Have you installed the Zune software for Vista?

http://www.zune.net/en-US/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/zune-appears-in-windows-explorer-but.87154/
Relevancy 27.52%

Here is a picture of the inside of my case, the ram is OCZ ddr2 800 MHZ 2gb, dual channel blah blah... i know i know... probably a stupid question...
I put them on the right slots because on the left, the cpu cooler kinda touches.

and here is what the manuel says. just the picture dont make sense to me.

and everest! why does it say ddr2800 (400) MHZ??!?!

A:Need Help With Ram (PICTURES)

Both are correct. Either A1-B1 or A2-B2 for dual channel. The slots are colour coded as well. DDR2-800 runs at 400MHz.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-ram-pictures.79990/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have used Mediaplayer 11 for about a year. Iopened last week and it stated that there were no items and I had to add my music to my library. I try to do this by specifying where the player should monitor but nothing happens. When I go back to that window my manually added folders have disappeared. I have rolled it back to media player 10 but it states that the file wmplayer11 is where wmplayer10 should be and asks if I want to download the newest mediaplayer. I have done this many times, done a system retore, run a virus check, even tried to remove it from the computer, and start over, but it will not let me do it. I am at a loss. I cannot get this to work whatever I do. Any help that I could get from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Mediaplayer will not add to library

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/faq/library.mspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mediaplayer-will-not-add-to-library.86395/
Relevancy 30.1%

hi, this problem is annoying me for the past 1 month ... whenever i play games like nfs most wanted u2 or ea cricket 07 etc... a blue screen appears and my pc restarts .... this also happens sometimes when i watch movies

my specification is :
1. processor Intel core2 duo -E6320 . 1.86 Ghz ,4mb l2 cache,1066 Mhz fsb
2. motherboard - intel D946GZIS
3. Ram - jetram(transcend) - 1 gb ...16 chips (8 on each side )

it happens both in vista professional as well as in xp sp2.

the error report is :

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6
Locale ID: 16393

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 0063006F
BCP3: A3290C78
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

A:blue screen appears & pc restarts

Video card, memory, power supply, or cpu fan. Transcend memory has a big marketing push to create a "name", but is barely so-so in our experience. Check the latency and timings. You might want to run the free MemTest86 for four hours or 7 passes to rule out memory as an issue.
Then tell us about your video graphics. That is the most common area for trouble. Which card do you have? Is it PCI-E

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-appears-pc-restarts.84757/
Relevancy 30.1%

hi, this problem is annoying me for the past 1 month ... whenever i play games like nfs most wanted u2 or ea cricket 07 etc... a blue screen appears and my pc restarts .... this also happens sometimes when i watch movies
my specification is :
1. processor Intel core2 duo -E6320 . 1.86 Ghz ,4mb l2 cache,1066 Mhz fsb
2. motherboard - intel D946GZIS
3. Ram - jetram(transcend) - 1 gb ...16 chips (8 on each side )

the error report is :

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6
Locale ID: 16393

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 0063006F
BCP3: A3290C78
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

A:blue screen appears and pc restarts

scan your minidump with microsoft debugger.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-appears-and-pc-restarts.84643/
Relevancy 30.1%

This morning the wife reported power ATX connector appears BURNT her computer was rebooting itself automatically ATX power connector appears BURNT By the time I got to it it was in BIOS saying something about the CPU not performing properly I made sure it was at default frequency MHz and rebooted Sometimes I got into Windows without rebooting sometimes not CPU temp was about C chassis C No alarms I honestly don t know what it normally has been running at I opened things up and played around a bit and noticed that of the fans on the PSU the interior quot intake quot fan was not turning at all I checked everything out some more chassis fans etc and restarted It ran pretty well for a while rebooted once and then ran perfectly ATX power connector appears BURNT fine as my MP server for the rest of the day Tonight after work I pulled everything out to investigate I could not get the power plug to easily pull out of the motherboard and upon further inspection noticed some dark discoloring I finally got it to lift slightly and could see that a few pins looked rusted or burnt I sprayed a tiny bit of wd and got the adapter loose Have a look see Something definitely spiked - any all the pins that are hot red wires appear burnt Obviously between that and the dead fan it s time to scrap this PSU My question is what I should do with the mobo and what should I expect from it now The machine ran fine all day maybe several like this - so as far as I know all components are totally fine Is it possible to replace the white plastic outlet on the mobo and clean the pins at the same time Or are those affected pins just a time-bomb no matter what This is an old rig that s been together in this config except for hard drive upgrades since Asus A V X Athlon XP Antec SL ThermalTake HSF etc It was behind a Powercom UPS unit and one APC power strip Collateral question-- After being away for the weekend about a month ago I came home to a shot AC DC adapter on my D-Link gigabit switch About a week and a half ago my next-door-neighbor s TV would not turn on any more after some noticeable strange power surges Is there something I should start monitoring in respect to our power situation nbsp

A:ATX power connector appears BURNT

If you don't already have some. Buy some surge protectors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atx-power-connector-appears-burnt.78412/
Relevancy 23.22%

I bought an E-machines computer 3 years ago. The power module burned up last week, so I borrowed another power module to see if everything else was ok. Couldn't get the computer to boot up so I assumed the power module failure wiped out the mother board.

I bought another E-machines tower, hooked the old hard drive up as a slave. I can see all the files except what was stored in "my documents'. Access is denied. I changed the BIOS setting and tried to boot from the slave drive but it just goes into a continuous reboot loop. Won't go into safe mode either.

Anyone know of way I can get access to the files in "my documents" without booting from this drive?

A:Can't access "my documents" on slave drive

First stop Take ownership of the folder

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-my-documents-on-slave-drive.54491/
Relevancy 30.53%

My display all of a sudden appears bright what might be the cause i have attached the screenshot of it....
[img http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7898/brightlf1.jpg]
I have reinstalled the drivers too... but still...

A:Display Appears]

Have you tried adjusting the video card display settings
or the settings on the front of the monitor ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-appears.75754/
Relevancy 26.66%

Well I have lived with it for a while now with my PC constantly on, so can someone tell me how to fix this problem, if I shut off my monitor it wont come back on, if I go on standby it wont come back on so can someone tell me which settings I need to change to fix this.

A:Problem w/ Standby/S3 w/ Pictures of BIOS

.................help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-w-standby-s3-w-pictures-of-bios.73861/
Relevancy 30.1%

ATI's R600 is a real monster...

I just found this on the web:

http://www.theinq.com/default.aspx?article=35708

If those specs are true....... Then it will surely wipe the floor with the 8800GTX

Also, I found this too:

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35707

Pretty interesting pages, ain't they?

I'd love to see the new, R600-based mid range cards!

A:ATI's R600 appears to be a complete monster...

140.1GB/s... ... ... ... **dies** ... ... ... ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atis-r600-appears-to-be-a-complete-monster.63072/
Relevancy 27.09%

G'day,

Just wondering if there is a way to automatically backup My Documents to a remote network drive, or even just specific folders.

I.e I want it to automatically backup to another HDD on another computer on my network.

Regards,
Nic

A:My Documents remote backup

I think the best way to backup your documents it to use 3rd party software like Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image. They are not free but I think you won't find better solutions. I prefer True Image for its price and its features. In your case True Image is better because it can store backup images in network (I'm in doubt if Ghost can do this). True Image has a scheduler that will allow you to perform backups as often as you want. Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-documents-remote-backup.72534/
Relevancy 28.81%

Sorry about the vague subject line but I Problems SP2 hardware tray. in and icon after Safely installing appears IE7. remove really have no clue what s going on here A couple of days ago I installed SP on my computer along with IE Then my computer started showing this weird icon in the area next to the clock that said safely remove hardware so I clicked on that and saw my USB printer and others that said quot USB mass storage device quot knowing that I didn t have any flash drive Problems after installing SP2 and IE7. Safely remove hardware icon appears in tray. connected I clicked the stop button for each of the devices except the printer Now I cannot get my USB drive or my internal card reader to be recognized by the computer I tried removing the card reader in the hardware profile and then disconnecting it from the motherboard rebooting and then powering down and re-connecting and it still won Problems after installing SP2 and IE7. Safely remove hardware icon appears in tray. t work What s worse it that the USB drive will not function in any of my USB ports Please help Just Problems after installing SP2 and IE7. Safely remove hardware icon appears in tray. a little add on to my previous post now when I try to take pics off my printer it says cannot access device If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-after-installing-sp2-and-ie7-safely-remove-hardware-icon-appears-in-tray.63977/
Relevancy 27.09%

i have just got the internet for this computer.
and some websites pictures do not work. such as myspace.com, the myspace users default pictures just appear as a small box with a red cross.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/CraG-Photos/jpeg.jpg

any ideas on what i need to do to fix this.?!

A:Cannot view pictures on websites

Browser settings

What browser and version are you using? Is this a home computer or a business computer? On a network? It sounds like you are blocking images in the browser settings.

IE Check: Tools -> Options -> Advanced and check your settings
FF Check: Tools -> Options -> Content

Allow images to be displayed

Hope that's all it is
Monton

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-view-pictures-on-websites.62635/
Relevancy 30.53%

hi guys, im the new guy in the block.. just got myself a nice package of 800mb cds, but on nero they appear as 702 mb. what can i do ? thanks.

A:im new... my 800mb cd appears as 702mb

used Overburn.. (turn the feature on)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-new-my-800mb-cd-appears-as-702mb.61796/
Relevancy 26.23%

i am having troubles with my connection since yesterday... the only thing different that i did was update zonealarm... i run a linksys wireless router and my other pc's are connected wireless and wired but mine won't, i tried scanning for virus,trojans,spyware... i looked for problem with registry keys even unistall and install zonealarm changed cables unistall and install my lan card drivers.. even dl and use a free software that promess to fix my kind of problem "Ispfix"... i also tried unistalling the Winsock and Winsock 2 and reinstalling again and nothing, of course i restore router defaults,restart modem,tried to renew ip adress from cdm

A:help i can't acces my network "limited or not connectivity" msg appears instead

Try a static address in your network. Then try pinging your way out. Start with the 127.0.0.1 address then the computer address you assigned and then the gateway. Make sure it is an address that is in your network. If this dosn't work try reinstalling your tcp/ip stack. Especially if you can't ping the 127.0.0.1 address

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-i-cant-acces-my-network-limited-or-not-connectivity-msg-appears-instead.51421/
Relevancy 29.67%

this is a family member's computer, and after lookin at some similar problems on here, I am beginning to think i'm out of my league.

When i turn the power on the computer sounds as if it is booting (the whirring noise).. However that is about all I get. I have a monitor hooked up to it, and there is no output on that whatsoever. I did notice that the fan on the psu is not turning. I am sorry I don't have much more info for you. It is a pentium 3 pc w/ windows 98 installed. The name on the casing is Micron. Any ideas guys?

THanks

A:p3 desktop appears to power up, but no display on monitor

UPDATE-
I removed the one stick of ram (PC100).. tried booting without it... no go. Put it back in, turned it on, and it booted to a C prompt. When I checked what is on that, only one thing is- command.com

help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/p3-desktop-appears-to-power-up-but-no-display-on-monitor.54215/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi!

I need pictures of dirty heat sinks. Any info on how long the buildup of dusts took would also be a big help. I am developing a fibrous dust test for desk tops and servers. I have a good test for laptops but need more field data on what the dust accumulations look like in desk top systems. If you are interested in helping me please email me.

Thanks,
Danwill51

[email protected],com

A:Dirty Heat Sink Pictures?

oooh. I just took apart a old HP with maybe 2 years of dust in it. I cleaned it out already though, sorry. I may go to school and take some of the dust in the comps. there if I have time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dirty-heat-sink-pictures.51236/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this Tech forum but am frustrated and hoping someone can help.

Last night at 3am (and I've seen similar postings on google but no assistance), my computer ran an update (I know to now turn off auto updates)... As a result, I have lost all files I had in a back up folder connected to my old hard drive (new hard drive and link to old hard drive).

Just gone. All of my media files and pictures are missing. I did a system restore and it did nothing but did say the last update was a Service Distribution Service 2.0. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Holly

A:Software Distribution Service 2.0 - Now lost all pictures, media files

This same update actually crashed my machine. I had to run a chkdsk /f in order to get it up and running again.

Perhaps your issue is similar, to run chkdsk, go to the Start Menu and select Run type chkdsk C: /f then click OK. Chkdsk might not be able to lock your drive for a scan and will prompt to run at next reboot. Just type Y press enter and reboot.
Substitute C: for the drive letter with the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/software-distribution-service-2-0-now-lost-all-pictures-media-files.44312/
Relevancy 28.81%

I've just installed a wireless Belkin Print Server and having several problems. There are 3 computers, 2 on Windows 2000 and a lap top on XP. At first 2 of the printers could print fine. Then I downloaded the printdrivers for the HP 6110 on to the 3rd machine. Since then the drivers have been deleted from the other 2 computers - and the download version doesn't work. So now none of the computers can print.

I can reinstall the drivers - but what is to stop this happpening all over again?

The network is wireless (netgear) using BT Broadband. Can any one suggest what I can do to retsore the printer - incidentally after the pc drivers disappeared I checked the lap top and it was fine until it was switched on - it worked once then went teh same way as the others...Can anyone help?

A:Wireless Belkin print server appears to be disabling all the printer drivers

Belkin

Hi,

I was wondering if you have managed to sort your problem out, as I am suffering from excatly the same issue. The help desk of Belkin was not use, as t hey suggested that I go and buy another printer!!

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-belkin-print-server-appears-to-be-disabling-all-the-printer-drivers.18234/
Relevancy 26.66%

my first build lots of pictures this is the first computer ive ever built pictures. first my 56k warning: unfriendly of lots build.. on my own of course with some help on forums for software problems like making XP work lol theres a lotta pictures so kers jus my first build.. lots of pictures. warning: 56k unfriendly to warn u Special thnx to -- gt vnf ultra lt -- for helpin me put this thing together and to get it up and running also Im not sure this belongs here but im not sure where it belongs either so please admins feel free to move this where it should be placed heres the specs first eVGA -NF Motherboard AMD Athlon Generic Samsung DDR RAM from old PC eVGA GT mb PCI-e Fortron watt PSU Samsung GB HDD from old PC Pioneer DVR- from old PC Thermaltake Swing ATX Case here are the pictureees ahhh look at that a box full of goodies and the new parts a mobo cpu PSU n gfx card mobos all naked with no friends yet heres the case with all the plastic protective stuff a shot of the side window and the HDD bay whcih faces the side panel nbsp

A:my first build.. lots of pictures. warning: 56k unfriendly

part 2

about an hour later, all the parts are installed.. time to grab the hdd and optical drives 15 mins later....everythings in there

and heres what the tower looks like =]

side window shot

heres what the HDD bay looks like.. it looks weird and the side panel kinda presses on the wires

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-first-build-lots-of-pictures-warning-56k-unfriendly.41893/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have an IBM thinkpad 800 celeron a22e.

When I turn on the power it powers up but nothing appears on the screen. After several attempts the laptop will turn on but can freeze during boot up or while I am surfing the net, playing music etc. Sometimes it just resets itself & every so often i could get the blue screen.

Sometimes the laptop turns on & can run for hours without any errors.

I like this laptop for basic chores so I would like to keep it so I was wondering if anyone has an idea what could be the problem (internal perhaps) just to save it. If nothing can be done I guess I'll sell it on ebay for parts.......

A:Notebook turns on but nothing appears on screen

I'd like to try that program but who knows when my laptop will boot up again, lol

I've heard people talk about memory as a problem but how does memory go bad? It wears out or something??

The hard disk is new and even when the hard disk isn't the the computer the screen will still be blank. The power Jack is fine. I was thinking maybe the board but memory could be somewhere to start.......

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-turns-on-but-nothing-appears-on-screen.38315/
Relevancy 29.67%

My Maxtor 6 b250s0 sata HDD appears as a virtual clonedrive???

how this is possible? i can't even format the thing because it is a virtual clonedrive in my computer... it is a secondary HDD. primary is some sort of a crap ide thing... please someone guide me throug this dark period of computers :haha:
maxtor website is no use... how to format????

A:My Maxtor 6 b250s0 sata HDD appears as a CD drive???

teukka69 said:

how this is possible? i can't even format the thing because it is a virtual clonedrive in my computer... it is a secondary HDD. primary is some sort of a crap ide thing... please someone guide me throug this dark period of computers :haha:
maxtor website is no use... how to format????Click to expand...

did u find out how to do it i ve got the same problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-maxtor-6-b250s0-sata-hdd-appears-as-a-cd-drive.17445/
Relevancy 29.24%

My IT dept. is at a loss for a solution to the following problem I'm having.

When trying to view a DVD, I'm getting the pop-up:

The Disk is not Formated
Do you want to Format it now?

I'm able to view it on my DVD player at home, and my IT dept. has installed the DVD driver and software, and we've viewed another DVD to make sure that it works, and it does.

A:Cannot View DVD on my computer (Disk Format message appears)

dvd NOT VIEWING

Sounds like you need a firmware update on the office DVD player. Go to the manuf website and look in Downloads. Pay close attention to the instructions because you can destroy (corrupt driver logic) on the DVD player if you don't do it right.

If it's a burned DVD some older players won't recognise it. Only solution is firmware upgrade if the manuf has made one!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-view-dvd-on-my-computer-disk-format-message-appears.33726/
Relevancy 30.53%

I burned some photos onto a CD-R but since when I've inserted it into the DVD/CD drive it appears empty in Windows Explorer, and sometimes it causes Windows Explorer to crash, so what is the problem?

A:Burned CD appears empty

Did you select the option to complete (close) the CD?

What burning software are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burned-cd-appears-empty.32598/
Relevancy 27.09%

My desktop icons and other icons are blurry and so are all the pictures i view, including on the web. but words are just fine. is it my resolution or what. Please help me!

A:Blurry Icons and Pictures

Have you installed the drivers for your graphics card?

What resolution are you currently using?

Take a look at this post HERE, then please update your profile.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blurry-icons-and-pictures.32316/
Relevancy 26.66%

I've set the Shared Documents folder to be shared over a network on computer A, when I go to my Network Places on computer B the folder shows up twice. Documents on Computer A and SharDocuments on Computer A. Can I do something to have it only show one instance? XP-Pro. Thanks.

A:Sharing the Shared Documents folder

I believe that you are looking at two different folders, if you have logged in from Computer B as Administrator on Computer A. One is the My Documents folder and one is the Shared Documents folder. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-the-shared-documents-folder.32245/
Relevancy 26.23%

I recently upgraded to the latest driver for my IBM T laptop s ATI Radeon video card to the latest version specific IBM driver Shortly after Browser 9000 blurred pictures ATI Mobility Radeon - all pictures loaded in my browser IE with all latest patches Browser pictures blurred - ATI Radeon 9000 Mobility appeared blurred pixelized Tried to change all sort of settings revert to previous driver reinstall but nothing improved Then thought it may be a virus have Symantec anti-virus Browser pictures blurred - ATI Radeon 9000 Mobility amp firewall and did find a Trojan fvp dll which I removed The system was then clean but still couldn t improve the situation Tried installing Firefox but same problem in that browser I don t think it s a video card issue however as if I browse for pictures in the Windows Explorer they display correctly I can even do quot Open with quot - Internet Explorer on a file and the image displays correctly in IE but when I do this the system then becomes very slow instable Any ideas - please help nbsp

A:Browser pictures blurred - ATI Radeon 9000 Mobility

gvaman said:

I recently upgraded to the latest driver for my IBM T41 laptop's ATI Radeon 9000 video card to the latest version (specific IBM driver). Shortly after, all pictures loaded in my browser (IE 6 with all latest patches) appeared blurred/pixelized. Tried to change all sort of settings, revert to previous driver, reinstall, but nothing improved.

Then thought it may be a virus (have Symantec anti-virus & firewall) and did find a Trojan (fvp.dll) which I removed. The system was then clean, but still couldn't improve the situation. Tried installing Firefox, but same problem in that browser.

I don't think it's a video card issue however, as if I browse for pictures in the Windows Explorer, they display correctly. I can even do "Open with" - Internet Explorer on a file and the image displays correctly in IE (but when I do this, the system then becomes very slow/instable).

Any ideas - please help !!!Click to expand...

So to clarify, this is an IE problem with pictures, not a general graininess problem, right? A thought is to try and install the latest AOL browser beta because it flushes out a bunch of settings that IE6 makes. Or, you could just use Firefox and forget that IE exists....

http://www.uglyorangetruck.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-pictures-blurred-ati-radeon-9000-mobility.30963/
Relevancy 20.21%

So, i've built a new PC and tried to use a HDD from old pc, that HDD is 80 GB Western Digital, and it won't boot up from it. So i went to best buy and bought a new one and reinstalled Windows XP, and hooked up Western Digital as a slave, but now i cannot find any of my "my document" files. Can anyone explain where can i find them manually or how could i fix the problem? Thank you in advance.

A:"NEW" HDD and no My Documents :(

did you try looking on *:/documents and settings/your old profile name/my documents/

it should be there.

*whatever the drive letter on the western digital is now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hdd-and-no-my-documents.28520/
Relevancy 29.67%

hey there
I have a Compaq Armada M700 with XP pro and I am having trouble with the speakers on it. they were working fine and then one day they just quit, no system sounds no music nothing. And yes I checked the mute and the drivers I have also run numerus scans and things as well and nothing seems to work.
they are internal speakers so no cords or anything to be unpluged

A:A sound appears to play but I cant hear a thing!

Could be that your internal speakers have died. Can you connect some external speakers?

You may need to disable the internal speakers first.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-sound-appears-to-play-but-i-cant-hear-a-thing.29007/
Relevancy 30.53%

red
Hi my name is dan and i have just upgraded my computer.
The problem i am having is when i start the computer,nothing comes up on the monitor.
i have changed and swaped graphic cards,harddrives,ram and even motherboards not to mention cables.to no avail.
can someone be so kind as to help me.
i thank you regars dan.

A:nothing appears on my monitor

Howdy!

Follow this LINK
it will tremendously help us to help you!
BtW
Welcome toTechSpot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nothing-appears-on-my-monitor.28646/
Relevancy 27.52%

Ok I added pics to this website me and my friend are making and when you open the page in microsoft word you see the pics but when you view it online they won't load. You can see where the outlines are where the pics are supposed to be but you just see the red x in a box. What do you think we did wrong?

A:Can't see pictures on my website

Forget to upload the pictures, stick them in the wrong directory, typos in the photo path on the HTML-page, using Capital/small letters

Should give you something to do!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-see-pictures-on-my-website.28374/
Relevancy 59.77%

I get problem with my wmp10, sometimes when I Click on Library tab in Windows Media Player 10, it automatically restart my computer even I formated my hard disk and re-install my windows.
it never happened before just recently.
Someone could help me?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/click-on-library-tab-in-windows-media-player-10.27748/
Relevancy 27.52%

My monitor works fine except for graphics. When I view pictures or photos on line they are extremely dark. All settings are set as bright as they can be. The monitor is over 3 years old. The display is an EV700 on standard PCI graphics adapter from Gateway.

Any ideas? I have updated all drivers and really do not know when this started.

A:pictures appear very dark

you're probably going to have to experiment with your graphics card settings, giving extra attention to gamma and saturation, to name a few.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pictures-appear-very-dark.27473/
Relevancy 29.67%

ok i just installed a program and when i try to load it an error comes up saying that directx 9.0c adapters are not in my system or something like that and i tried installing directx 9.0c update and directx 9.0c fullpackage plus the program was supposed to install it when it installed

A:i need help running a program and error appears saying something about directx

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and read my post. A message for all newcomers.

What that error message is telling you, is your videocard isn`t up to the standard required.

Look at the programmes system requirements.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-running-a-program-and-error-appears-saying-something-about-directx.27349/
Relevancy 27.09%

In the process of setting up a 20 computer closed network using a workgroup running xp-pro. All 20 show up in "Workgroup" and I can "click on" each computer and have access to shared folders on all but 3. On these 3, when I "clickon" the computer, a login window appears(which I don't want). I thought I had setup all the machine in the same fashion, but apparently I didn't. Is there a setting, checkbox or something that I'm missing? Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shared-documents-folder.26674/
Relevancy 30.1%

MB is Epox EP-8KTA3PRO, with 2/05/02 Award BIOS (latest version from Epox website). System runs Windows XP home SP2. The Athlon MP 1100 CPU works fine. Installed an XP 2000+ Palomino which Epox says is supported by MB, and system won't even begin to boot or show POST and monitor will not wake. After 3 CPU swaps back and forth with same result, and swap of video card, the old CPU runs fine, and the new one doesn't run at all. I believe the 2000+ CPU is dead. Any comments? Thanks.

A:Swiched AMD Athlon CPUs and new one appears to be DOA.

Hmmmm?

orginal post JoeSpike
MB is Epox EP-8KTA3PRO, with 2/05/02 Award BIOS (latest version from Epox website). System runs Windows XP home SP2. The Athlon MP 1100 CPU works fine. Installed an XP 2000+ Palomino which Epox says is supported by MB, and system won't even begin to boot or show POST and monitor will not wake. After 3 CPU swaps back and forth with same result, and swap of video card, the old CPU runs fine, and the new one doesn't run at all. I believe the 2000+ CPU is dead. Any comments? Thanks.Click to expand...

I think we're needing alot more detailed info to better help ya out.

Have you try'd clearing the cmos?
It seems to me that your 1100 is running at a diff FSB and multiplyer
than the newer 2000+. There are others here that can better tell ya what
those settings are.
You need to refer to your MoBo book to get all
jumpers, dip swithes and bios settings correct for newer cpu to work.
G'Luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/swiched-amd-athlon-cpus-and-new-one-appears-to-be-doa.25525/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi, I am trying to fix this computer for my uncle. Every time I try to access the CD rom drive an error messege comes up. I do not know what the problem is. If anyone else has found this problem and fixed, or knows how please let me know.

Error messege: CD rom drive not ready

Sys specs

Win 98

Toshiba CD-Rom Drive model no. xm-6202b, if that helps anything.

I need to fix this problem before the first of April. :hotbounce

A:*URGENT* "CD drive not ready" messege appears when trying to access CD

If the computer correctly detects the CD-ROM drive when booting, its probably not that there is a loose cable connection, but check that anyway.

You probably have a dead CD-ROM drive. They are INCREDIBLY cheap now. Buy another one and replace it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/urgent-cd-drive-not-ready-messege-appears-when-trying-to-access-cd.23428/
Relevancy 25.8%

My browser wont load pictures anymore. My computer is less than 2 years old, I got a top-of the line graphics card last month and it worked fine, but now I cant see any graphics online. But I can see pictures in games and word documents. I use Mozzila. Any Ideas ?

A:I can no longer view pictures on my browser, they just wont load & I useMozilla.

im just testing this out to see if it works..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-can-no-longer-view-pictures-on-my-browser-they-just-wont-load-i-usemozilla.22239/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have a 5.1 megapixel Gateway camera. I kept it in my car and more or less forgot it was there so the battery died. I recharged the battery. (all the while, the SD card was in the camera. When I turned on the camera after it was charged, it just showed "error". I tried the card on my computer and it didn't even recognize it was there. I was able to view a different SD card in my camera - so I know the problem is with the card not the camera. Am I SOL? 2 main questions - 1) is there a way of retrieving the pictures I had on the camera? 2) can I format the card so that it is useable or did it bite the dust?
Thanks!

A:SanDisk SD 256MB card lost all pictures - is there a way to retrieve?

Retrieve Data From San Disk Cards

joanimaroni said:

I have a 5.1 megapixel Gateway camera. I kept it in my car and more or less forgot it was there so the battery died. I recharged the battery. (all the while, the SD card was in the camera. When I turned on the camera after it was charged, it just showed "error". I tried the card on my computer and it didn't even recognize it was there. I was able to view a different SD card in my camera - so I know the problem is with the card not the camera. Am I SOL? 2 main questions - 1) is there a way of retrieving the pictures I had on the camera? 2) can I format the card so that it is useable or did it bite the dust?
Thanks!Click to expand...

I bought SandDisk cards in Switzerland and I got a RescuePro 1.0 program that should do right the job. I tested it and worked to recover deleted data.
Probably you will find the same or a similar program online.
If not let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sandisk-sd-256mb-card-lost-all-pictures-is-there-a-way-to-retrieve.19146/
Relevancy 29.67%

I m a bit of a computer novice which is probably why I m having a problem so I ll try to be as desciptive as possible I got a replacement drive - Seagate Barracuda GB HD - for Christmas and installed it the same day using the software that came with it - DiscWizard I then installed my OS Windows SE Office set up internet etc and everything appeared to be working fine until I tried to slave in my old Maxtor HD for additional storage The computer recognizes the hardware - my problem is that the machine is telling me the drive is empty but there should be a significant amount of data on it Almost like it has been reformatted but it hasn t - that Slaved data empty with drive appears was going Slaved drive with data appears empty to be my next task after transferring my data onto the Seagate Does anyone have any suggestions as to how Slaved drive with data appears empty I can get my files back Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks nbsp

A:Slaved drive with data appears empty

Check the jumper-settings on the Seagate. Master is a jumper on pins 7-8.
See the sticker on top of the HD.
Set the Maxtor to Slave, probably also has a sticker.
The Seagate should be at the end of the IDE-cable, the Maxtor in the middle.
Check that the red-line on the IDE-cable is at pin-1 on both HDs and mobo.

Afterthought: the old maxtor may not like a 80-pin cable. Use a 40-pin for the time being.
80-pin are for ATA-100 and up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slaved-drive-with-data-appears-empty.18689/
Relevancy 27.09%

Another problem i have is when i open my computer there are two documents folders. One that has my name on it which works fine but the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents folder will not open. When i click on this foler it says access is denied. How can i fix this...

A:Another problem with Documents foler

I think you have to be an administrator to modify the contents of this folder. If this is your computer change your account type to administrator and you should be set.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/another-problem-with-documents-foler.16757/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a user that needs an excel document closed. When you try to open it it will tell you that it is opened but it dosn't tell you by whom so it's read only.

I'm thinking the individual who had it open has closed it since there is no name but that it's stuck in their temp files; in which case they need to reboot but we don't know who needs to reboot and we don't reboot machines on the server at night in case we need to push patches to them.

I've tried copying the files to my HD and deleting them from the server but they always reappear. I tried also to take ownership and then deleting them but that does nothing to help.

Does anyone have any other ideas that DO NOT include rebooting the server?

A:Problems Closing opened documents

Copy the file's contents over into a new spreadsheet. Then save that under a different name. Abandon the file that gives problems, send an email to all possible users until you find the real owner.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-closing-opened-documents.16607/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi all I am having a strange problem with my video card I have a MSI PRO PLUS Card and I got it weeks ago I will try to explain what happens its difficult to explain although very easy to see Sorry if my explanation is a bit confused My OS is WinXP PRO SP Well I like racing games and since the morning of today I can see some quot drizzle quot as quot TV interference quot in the shadow appears what would generated on some have games; Located it? "artifacts" of the cars in other words the problem ONLY appears in the dark black shadow where the cars go by It seems some very small artifacts but ONLY on the cars shadows so I can see the quot ground color quot in some parts of Located "artifacts" appears on some games; what would have generated it? the shadow Its very very strange because looks like that Located "artifacts" appears on some games; what would have generated it? the shadow is quot perforated quot and its possible to see what would be quot under quot it quot the ground quot I didn t make nothing different with my video card it was working very well until yesterday - no problems I have already re-installed my video card driver but the problem keeps on My single suspicion concerning to a game that I have installed x EVO and inside which I choose different ways of rendering Open-GL and Direct D TNL Hardware I am not sure but I think that this strange problem can have begun after this As I didnt tried any kind of Located "artifacts" appears on some games; what would have generated it? overclocking and the problem ONLY VERY specific place appears on the cars shadows when they are in ACTION - not on the others eventual quot black dark quot parts of the screen - at first view I can not believe that my video card is with some problem of hardware Anyways I would like some skilled opinion about I would like to clarify that this specific problem does not happens in ALL games I have but in some of them Some hints about what is happening And what could I do to solve it please Thanks a lot in advance for any information nbsp

A:Located "artifacts" appears on some games; what would have generated it?

I don't know for sure, but sometimes when the 3D developers implement some stuff in a strange way, such things can happen.
Let me explain my idea.
It's possible though very strange that they have implemented shadows on the ground by applying an additional polygon (coloured in black / dark) just on top of the ground itself. It would not be usual but it's possible. In that case, if you try to draw more than one polygon belonging to the same plane on top of each other (for example ground + shadow or wall + poster, etc) then the 3D API does not know which one is on front of the other (because none is in front, they have exactly the same coordinates for that plane). Then, sometimes some pixels belonging to the shadow and some to the ground are displayed, randomly. I'm gonna try to find a picture illustrating that behaviour. If that is what happens, there is nothing to do but fire the developers of the game Seriously, a special extension allows developers to do the same thing (2 polygons on 1 plane) without such glitches, but it has to be in the code of the game, so there is no way to fix it afterwards. Not dure if its what's happening. Try to post a screenshot of that area, so people can see it clearly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/located-artifacts-appears-on-some-games-what-would-have-generated-it.14673/
Relevancy 60.63%

It has sporadically popped up on my W7 computer a few times & I'd like to know why.

A:Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library

Any idea (s) ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-visual-c-runtime-library.208637/
Relevancy 59.77%

I recently had this error message pop up when I started some apps on my computer (including Teamviewer and Skype)

The procedure entry point NtAlpcSendWaitReceivePort could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll

I found a solution after some Googling. I thought I'd post what I found.

The problem may start after installing some Android related software on your PC (Samsung Kies or in, my case, I had installed the Android upgrade package for phone on my PC)

To fix the problem, I uninstalled the software and renamed C:\WINDOWS\system32\avrt.dll to avrt.dll.old. Life is good again

A:[solved] NtAlpcSendWaitReceivePort could not be located in library ntdll.dll

<-- for effort.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-ntalpcsendwaitreceiveport-could-not-be-located-in-library-ntdll-dll.192364/
Relevancy 26.66%

Need "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer"

Previously used WinXPsp2.

Now I've formatted and installed winXPsp3, after installing office2003 as usual.

The problem is I can not print using the "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" which is a virtual printer office2003 and "Printers and Faxes" does not appear, as I set it up or I can do.

If I have installed the "Microsoft Office Document Imaging"

img197.imageshack.us/img197/2620/impresora.jpg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-appears-microsoft-office-document-image-writer.155076/
Relevancy 27.95%

I was trying fax service for windows xp the only problem is it say i need the install disc when i try to install this component where can i get it or another solution to it i want to recive my faxes to my computer because on my hp office j4580 al in one doesnt have any ink any solutions to this. i would just go buy some ink but i really dont want to go so far for some ink (im in costa rica)

A:I want my fax documents on my PC

Try looking under Downloads on Techspot. Then search for fax. I think there's several download software

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-my-fax-documents-on-my-pc.151827/
Relevancy 58.05%

I created this post to help people searching for solutions to Windows Error Messages:

Visual C++ Redistributable Library Missing
Application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect
Application Failed to Start
Dependent Assembly Missing
Activation context generation failed
so as to help find this post when using a search engine

Some background: Many Windows apps are built using Visual C++ libraries. The tricky part is that there are many different "versions" of "assemblies" of the C++ libraries in both 32-bit and 64-bit architecture "flavors". So the trick is tracking down the right flavor of the right assembly and version of the C++ library you need.

For further help, see this thread (in general) and this post and this post (in particular) for solutions

For how to look through your Application Event Log for application event messages click here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-fix-visual-c-library-missing-sidebyside-application-failed-to-start-errors.148951/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello, I had some problems when I moved the user contents like music,videos, images... from other disk on the same PC, because I do not want to store things in the previous disk (SSD). So, all the mussic , images, documents and other user files are in the new disk but not associated to user files (screenshot). The music and documents are associated to E:\ drive and not to the documents and music folder.
Is there a solution? thanks

A:Library issues Windows 8

Good move to relocate off the SSDs.

Personally, I never liked the Library and choose to manage my media for myself. From wherever your media files are, create a shortcut of the folder(s) and copy that to your desktop and you have instant access to it.

If you create a major folder (aka MEDIA) and then subfolders like Music, Video, Pictures, you can share it all by just sharing the top-level MEDIA folder.

I would

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/library-issues-windows-8.209442/
Relevancy 27.09%

(Hope this doesn't belong in the audio and video forum.

I need step by step instructions. (many of you know that I'm a slow learner:0) ) on how to upload pictures from my Huawei 8652 smart phone to my Windows7 desk top computer. Using a USB cord. Thanks.

A:Uploading pictures from phone to PC

Hi, It's really just the same as opening any drive using Windows explorer.
I would use 'Start' key + E together, (opens a new window.)
I use the method of having two 'Explorer' windows open, the left one being the phone and the right one being the pc. Resize them to fit your screen.
(Windows 7 & 8 have the 'Start + left curor or right cursor trick for this use.)
When you plug the phone in to the pc the phone will show an option on it's screen, and you want 'Mass storage' or similar. Select that on the phone.
Your phone will show in Windows as a Device with removeable storage.
Open that device. You would then be looking for a folder named 'Images' or 'Camera'.
Each photo will be numbered 'datemonthyear0001' (where 0001 would be the very first photo you took, then going up in order.)
So if you took a photo today and it was the 99th photo you had taken on that camera, the image would be; 271020140099.
(This is how my Nokia works, of course you may see some differences.)

Then just use copy & paste or drag & drop from phone window to pc window.
--------------------------
Best to use the USB 'green tick' icon in the taskbar to disconnect the phone when done.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/uploading-pictures-from-phone-to-pc.206347/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

I have recently been recieving the following error, it occurs everytime I go into "My Documents", then into "My Pictures", then if I right click on a picture this Runtime error will pop up, It also has happened to me in "My Documents" and "My Computer" as well. My computer is clean, HJT is normal, and all my spyware programs have come up normal so it is not virus related... Any suggestions? Heres the error window:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Thanks in advance,

Eric.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-visual-c-runtime-library-runtime-error.143781/
Relevancy 61.06%

Alright, I was moving some folders around and accidentally moved my iTunes library folder from it's location in My Music. I realized it mid-move and cancelled it. It had already moved to I tried to move it back. Did so with no problems but now when I try to open iTunes it tells me that "The iTunes Library.itl file is locked, on a locked disk, or you do not have write permission for this file." Now I have gone into properties on iTunes and made sure that I have all permissions with it... Not sure what to do, updated iTunes to the latest one Apple offers and it still pops up with the same message. iTunes won't even open up as a program, let alone show me it's library so I'm wondering what is going on... If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

A:iTunes Library Error

hard way to learn; NEVER cancel a MOVE operation
(cancelling a COPY is ok as the original is still in place which leads to a better paradigm;
use COPY then DELETE whenever you have sufficient HD space )

the 'iTunes Library.itl' is a binary file and located (normally) at
My Documents\My Music\iTunes ​which contains
Album Artwork\
iTunes\Music\
iTunes Library Extras.itdb
itunes Genius.itdb
iTunes Library.itl
iTunes Music Library.xml
sentinel
​I would use SEARCH to find these files and copy them back to their proper location

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/itunes-library-error.141501/
Relevancy 26.66%

Anyone know why my documents page is freezing? I routinely open several documents daily & minimize them. Every once in a while (doesn't seem like it happens every day), after opening a document the Documents shortcut freezes. I can't close, click or do anything. I can, however, go to my start screen, open the Document shortcut again, open additional documents then close that shortcut, all while the first Document page is still open and still unresponsive. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

A:Frozen Documents Page - Windows 8

Exactly what software are you opening documents with ? e.g. Word 2003 SP1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frozen-documents-page-windows-8.198972/
Relevancy 59.77%

How can I solve this problem, I have done lots of things already but notthing worked

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\gPotato.eu\Allods Online\bin\AOgame.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-visual-c-runtime-library-error.140467/
Relevancy 26.66%

Im not sure if this is the able opened to read Documents be properly longer no or right place to post this or not or honestly where I should post this But recently there was a computer who someone jacked up and got all kinds of junk on and I removed Documents no longer able to be read or opened properly most if not all the stuff The actual problem is that now none of their some documents Documents no longer able to be read or opened properly are able to be opened Ive tried all kinds of stuff any word documents or open office documents spreadsheets whatever cant be open and if I force it to be opened I get ascii code or garbled nonsense No matter what the document Old new whatever I even tried transferring some documents to other computers and opening them there but nothing seems to work Is there any way to recover these documents and what may have been the cause to mess up every single file like that If you wish to redirect me to another forum where this might be more relevant that s fine I can also provide a few of the documents here if anyone wants to give them a try Thanks nbsp

A:Documents no longer able to be read or opened properly

First, find the location of your Word, Excel and other programs which you need to use BUT are not opening your documents.

Then in the explorer window, find a file giving you problems

click once to select it, then right click on the file name [a] ->Open
you get a prompt, (*) Select a program and ok
You will get a set of icons for known programs and
* if you see the correct program check the option [x] Always use the selected and click on the ion. click OK
*if not click the Browse button
and you will be in the Program Files directory
Scroll through to find what you want for the file you started with at [a] and select it, click ok

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/documents-no-longer-able-to-be-read-or-opened-properly.196825/