Windows Support Forum

Admin User Error5. CMD solutions failed. New User with ADMIN works

Q: Admin User Error5. CMD solutions failed. New User with ADMIN works

Thank you!

I am admin ( WIN 7 Pro 64 computer 4 years old): In admin user default account, any and ALL open, and .exe functions denied.

CMD right click 'run as admin' (net user admin etc.) has no effect. Checking all folders I show FULL permission. Right click 'run as admin' has no effect on any file.

Created new USER with ADMIN functions and all works in that account.

Q: How can I trouble shoot my normal ADMIN account (it has all of my 1000s of folders, programs etc.)
Q: Or how can I transfer all of my doc to my new user internally? (Without backup to external drive etc)

This happened after a Microsoft standard update weeks ago. I tried restore, but restore fails. By now I have done much on the computer and restore not an option.
I have not been able to open or run any program files.

Any help I would be grateful!

TF

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Admin User Error5. CMD solutions failed. New User with ADMIN works

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Admin User Error5. CMD solutions failed. New User with ADMIN works

Wow. 2 days and not a single suggestion or reply?

Is this a really a simple common error? Is that why no replies? Or is there no help for it?

I searched the forums for hours over 2 days reading multiple posts and possible solutions and came up empty. Nothing applicable to my situation.

I have tried:
1. System restore. It always fails, even in SAFE mode or REPAIR mode.
2. Run as administrator (Both from right click and from CMD)
3. Sharing all folders (Although this ADMIN account has all privileges/permissions as it is anyway)
This created a 2nd ADMIN account. Don't know why.
4. Reset all privileges back to default settings.

Have not tried to re-install windows as I don't have a copy of Win 7. Plus I would like to avoid the reality of reinstalling so many programs and files.

Right now when the Original Admin user tries to run a .exe, I get a "Setup was unable to create the directory "...etc..." Error 5 access denied.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. It would at least get me moving trying some things. Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302806-admin-user-error5-cmd-solutions-failed-new-user-admin-works.html
Relevancy 24.08%

I recently bought a Windows DVD to put it on the new PC I'm building for my mom. That PC has troubles with the DVD drive itself (stupid motherboard doesn't have IDE..), so I figured I'd set up a bootable USB to install Windows before the adapter arrives. Problem is, the installation DVD isn't playing on my drive (I tried another DVD with a movie on it before, so I don't think its my drive). I brought it to a PC shop and for them it worked fine, even though its quite scratched on the back (I guess the person selling those DVDs doesn't know how to ship them properly) I didn't wanna pay 20 bucks for them copying the DVD, even though I'll probably end up having to do that.

Any ideas what the problem is, or what I can do? I'm not sure if the DVD will work in my moms drive either..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-works-with-other-drives-but-not-mine-while-other-dvds-work.216661/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH15EN laptop & the OS is Windows 7 home basic. I have a wifi router which is of TPLINK.

The wifi won't connect to my laptop but it works fine on my mobile..it would only start working when I use the ethernet cable. I never had this problem before. I have tried everything ..I also tried the winsockfix.bat but all my efforts have gone in vain..I just don't know if the wifi router is faulty or the modem of my ISP...Please help me solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Om

A:Wifi on my laptop won't work but works when I use the ethernet cable

I have solved the problem by myself. To do this, first you have to disconnect your Ethernet cable from your laptop and follow the steps: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the Wi-Fi networks. Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to your Wi-Fi network via wireless.

May be it will help you.
Regards
MD. MAHMUDUL HASAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-when-i-use-the-ethernet-cable.200754/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi! I don't know much about this place but there's a problem with my laptop and I don't know how to solve it. My laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore but it works perfectly fine with the ethernet cable. I appreciate it very much if you tech geniuses could help me out. THANK YOU!

A:My WiFi on my laptop won't work but works with Ethernet cable

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-with-ethernet-cable.206652/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have no clue if I'm posting this in the correct place but here it goes my Sell insperion laptop worked just fine as of a couple of days ago. We ended up connecting it to the Ethernet cord and it works. We've tried restarting it numerous times and it doesn't recognize any networks. Any suggestions?

A:Wi-Fi stopped working now only works wired

Have you checked under your Device Manager to see if the WiFi was disabled for some reason? Does your Dell have a physical WiFi button, and is it turned on? You could also go to the Dell website and download the WiFi device drivers for your specific laptop. Un-install the WiFi drivers, reboot and then re-install them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-stopped-working-now-only-works-wired.212471/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have been having this issue for about 2 weeks now. Ive literally tried everything including uninstalling/reinstalling network card, restore points (there are none), a windows update download, and reformatting the hard drive (wont let me). Any help is appreciated. I cant afford a new pc or any new hardware at this time.

A:"Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection. Cannot proceed."

failed to query tcp/ip settings of the connectionClick to expand...

what did you do when this occurred?

Describe network equipment {modem, router} ISP, and your system.

Connect it all together, get a command prompt, enter ipconfig /all >myTcp.txt
and come back here and paste the contents of myTcp.txt as your reply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-query-tcp-ip-settings-of-the-connection-cannot-proceed.177223/
Relevancy 23.22%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 24.51%

Dell 1764 New Laptop
Need more details please ask...

Looking for advice, thanks

A:Laptop only works on AC when battery is removed

Sounds like the battery is possibly faulty. Have you tried removing it, then locking it back into position?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-only-works-on-ac-when-battery-is-removed.153344/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,

I bought a R9 270X by XFX. My current specs are:

CPU: AMD A10 7800k (Standard Clock Speeds, Graphics Disabled)
RAM: 4GB (2 sticks, both working)
Motherboard: FM2, Gigabyte
PSU: 500 watt 80+ Cert Silver
HDD: 500GB WD Blue

So the issue is that the R9 card consistenly crashes out of all games no matter if I uninstall the drivers or reinstall them. I have tried removing the drivers through catalyst control center and through application based tools (DisplayDriverUninstaller). Once I uninstall and reinstall, it works, until the computer is restarted and then rinse and repeat.

Is this the card saying it is dying? If so it is a weird way of graphics card dying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/r9-270x-doa-or-user-error.209138/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, am prepared to be labelled "thick as mince" however I wonder if anyone can advise how to proceed with the following: Replaced cracked laptop screen on a TM99, on first start up after replacement, the screen worked.....woohoo!, however.....on next startup, there was nothing, no lights, no start up screen...nada. Replaced new with original screen, which although cracked had worked, and it too now failed. Any ideas? The cable for the screen was seated properly and securely, nothing else was moved so am struggling to establish a reason for this non conformance. Could it possibly be a jammed "lid closed" switch? If this is potentially the culprit, anyone know whereabouts it is? Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packard-bell-tm99-laptop-failed-screen-replacement.208913/
Relevancy 23.65%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 24.94%

Over multiple devices on the network wifi works including this laptop I m running on However any time I try to use ethernet including on this laptop there is no internet connection The error when troubleshooting is Wi-Fi Works, Ethernet Doesn't Dns server not responding While on ethernet connection Wi-Fi Works, Ethernet Doesn't I can access the networked printer but cannot access the default gateway so connection is going from room to the modem and through I have tried restarting the wifi lan modem which then connects to another router down stairs which I haven t restarted my dad won t let me I have tried flushing dns uninstalling and re installing the adapter starting in safe mode with networking This is my ipconfig all while on wifi Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rob-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List BigPond Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Mediatek MT E bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d f d a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -A - - -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d e fbb a Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e fbb a Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap BigPond Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here it is on Ethernet Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rob-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List BigPond Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Mediatek MT E bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -A - - -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c dc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BigPond Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Any help you could give would be mu... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-works-ethernet-doesnt.207715/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a mystery on my hands. I received a Bluetooth speaker as a gift. The BT-4.0 adapter plugged into my computer (USB-2.0 port) detects it (as a "Bluetooth headset"), but when I try to select it as my output device (from the "Sound" Control Panel), Windows reports it as "Disconnected".

If I open "Devices and Printers" and right-click the "Bluetooth headset" icon, I get an alert that the device "Failed to initialize".

I've tried rebooting, tried a different BT adapter, updated my BT drivers off the makers' website, Device Manager shows everything is connected & working (including "Bluetooth Audio").

64bit Win7 Home. Inateck BT-4.0 usb adapter. Speaker is a "MicroBoom" BT v2.1:
Any ideas?

PS: Eliminated the obvious. Speaker is fully charged and works just fine with my phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-headphones-paired-but-disconnected-failed-to-initialize.207624/
Relevancy 24.51%

Please somebody help me asap I tried to change the public Dns to google's one but failed to do so now I cant reverse it I clicked auto obtain IP and Dns but still cant connect to my router, I beg you somebody help me.

A:DNS change failed

I'm far from an expert on anything internet, but I had a similar experience when Verizon changed servers on me, and my router failed to track it.

I called Verizon tech support and they reconfigured the router for me while I was on the phone.

You can also try opening a command box and type, "ipconfig/release", wait a few moments and type, "ipconfig/renew" (obviously without the quotes). That will only work if the issue is with the computer, but not the router.

Don't despair though. Someone who actually knows what they're talking about could be along any minute...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-change-failed.207375/
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

I am playing around with Server 2012. If I want to have a laptop configured for "at office use" with option to go on site, what would be the best way to do that in order to retain access to shared locations on server that is "at office"?

Should I create a standard windows account unrelated to my domain controller, and have them VPN regardless if they are in office or on site? Or is there a way to have a laptop configured for domain use, where it will still be functional (local computer use) on site outside of the office, even without internet connection (I know you can's VPN without it).

Thanks

A:Best way to set up local and remote user with Server 2012

Well this is kind of interesting. You can in fact use a domain laptop away from the local network as long as you have logged into int once on the domain so it can cache your password for future log ins. Now comes to the more difficult part of your question's. Accessing files remotely while not online, you can set up what is called offline files. Offline files will give you acess to your files away from domain network. So if you choose to do offline files any changes made to the file while away from the domain controller where you shares are set up will have to be synced once back on the domain network. So if you make changes to lets say docA while off domain network, once you get back to domain network you will have to sync offline files to the server to update any changes you have made. This set up would not require offsite network but can bring problems when syncing once you reconnect on domain. But now lets say you have the same shares and now you have multiple individials with the same access to the shares. Say you make changes to docA and the other person makes changes to docA while offiste. Once you both reconnect and sync to server you could have issues with data such as duplicate information or doc merging. VPN would be the best option for sure....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-set-up-local-and-remote-user-with-server-2012.206403/
Relevancy 42.14%

I bought a ADSL Modem D-Link 2730U

We are connecting to the Modem via Laptop, PC, Phone,... at the same time.

I want to know how can I monitor network(Receive/Send) for each user who connected to the Modem.

Can I do such thing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-network-for-each-user-connected-to-adsl-router-modem.206910/
Relevancy 21.5%

Please help.. Can't connect to the wifi but using ethernet is working fine.. My phone could connect to the same wifi though
tried to backread some of the threads but didn't work on my laptop

A:Cannot "fully" connect to wifi but works fine on ethernet

Additional info. I am using Atheros AR5006EXS Wireless Network Adapter
and I did deleted the driver and it installed again automatically, but sadly it still doesn't work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-fully-connect-to-wifi-but-works-fine-on-ethernet.206650/
Relevancy 21.5%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 43%

I have joined a computer (PC1) to a domain control server (2008), and user able to login using their domain user account - although recently I have found out that even though the computer (PC1) do not connect to a server, user still able to access using their domain account.
Is there a way for me to restrict domain account user from accessing the computer (PC1) if they are disconnected from server?
Hope my explanation make sense to you guyz.

Thank in advance

A:Prevening domain user from accessing Computer

Lots to be considered. Joining a domain is intended to give the company admin configuration control of all the company users.
This is normal, expected and even proper for the company to do this.

restrict domain account userClick to expand...

hmm; only the company admin should be able to do this and almost always it is done using some scripts, NOT by loggin into your PC. So - - who is accessing your PC remotely, the admin - - how do you know this occurs?

PCs joined to a domain usually get a replacement for PC Login - - the network form and that creates a link to the domain controller.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/prevening-domain-user-from-accessing-computer.204127/
Relevancy 22.79%

Had an AMD HP G62-227CL laptop that overheated and required motherboard replacement with similar Intel motherboard. Old board clocked at 2.2 MHZ .. new one is 2.0 MHZ.
Board I got from Ebay works but now computer believes that it is a Compaq CQ42 Laptop. Do not know the model number, which I would need on HPs site to download BIOs upgrades.

Is there a way to tell which bios I need or what model I now have?

Thank you,

Steve

A:Replaced Failed Motherboard.. now how do I determine model number and which BIOS to download?

Finding a bios update rather then the one hp would give for this board. Would be next to none.
You could check a few of the support pages for this model. Which their are a lot Of
Maybe find out the motherboard you have bought.

HP Support, Drivers, Contact and Help Forums | HP ® Support

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-failed-motherboard-now-how-do-i-determine-model-number-and-which-bios-to-download.203956/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a Rosewill RC-215 PCI SATA card with an Asus SATA DVD/CD Rom drive hooked up to one of the SATA ports. When I boot up, the motherboard (Asus P4PE) bios doesn't recognize my DVD drive(Asus DRW-24B1ST) so I can't boot up from a repair CD/DVD disk. But once I'm in Win2000, the DVD drive (Asus DRW-24B1ST) is recognized and usable. And it shows up in My Computer, and Device Manager.

I need some advice so I can figure out how to be able to boot up from a DVD/CD when I need to.

A:DVD/CD ROM not recognized by bios, but works after Win2000 starts

You may have to spend a few bucks and get a PATA/IDE DVD drive. You have drivers for the SATA card loaded after 2000 boots, so that is why it works.

Have a look through your BIOS and see if there is any option that supports your SATA card. I remember this back on the A7V boards with the Promise ATA 100 controller vs the 33/66 that was 'included' with the motherboard.

I assume you have looked for that option in the BIOS. If you have, and it doesn't exist, I think you will have to pick up a non SATA drive.

Also, I think its pretty cool that someone is still running 2k.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-cd-rom-not-recognized-by-bios-but-works-after-win2000-starts.204023/
Relevancy 22.79%

Good day chaps, yesterday night I was casually playing a game (Aion > mmorpg) and I decided to put some music on(it was on browser, YouTube), when I pressed alt+tab to change it it started flashing telling me the exact issue : AMD DRIVER CRASHED AND FAILED TO RECOVER.

I got a bit scared when it gave me a blue screen, so I thought of asking for any tips or clues why it does that~

For unkown reasons, I can't upload the .dmp file saying either its empty, or The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

Hope you can help me and thanks a buck!~

A:Dell Inspiron 3512 AMD Radeon HD 8500/8700M crashed and failed to recover

Upgrade the driver and see if this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3512-amd-radeon-hd-8500-8700m-crashed-and-failed-to-recover.203323/
Relevancy 43.86%

I finally found out why my wireless keyboard didn't work as I mentioned in another thread several months back.
Evidently the USB wifi thingy was in a USB port that didn't work. When I was going thru this thread http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device.202706/
I removed it thinking it might be the unknown device.
Anyhow, I've been trying to find the manual for my wireless KB & can't find it.
I'm not sure which number(s) I need. MS PART NO. X820309-001
Serial number or Product ID? Here it is

A:MS Keyboard user manual help

Well, I went here http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/wireless-keyboard-3000 & despite the fact its default language is English, the downloads are in any language BUT.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-keyboard-user-manual-help.202759/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi all

I have got a new desktop PC, which works fine with Ethernet but I am not able to connect through wireless.When I tried to connect to the broadband, it says error connecting to the Broadband connection
Error 651: The modem (or other connecting device) has reported error. However, same comnnection works very well with my vista home premium Dell Laptop.

Thanks in advance
Pxray

A:HP Pavillion PC with windows 8 works ethernet works well but not able to connect through wireless

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-pc-with-windows-8-works-ethernet-works-well-but-not-able-to-connect-through-wireless.202705/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have networked PCs before many times successfully so this is not my first time trying to network PCs in a home environment Though I m wondering if Windows is part of the problem I would have thought that for sure until one of the name credentials bad password? user with unknown even correct failure: or "Logon new laptops running W would not connect to any of the other three PCs Laptops running W Yet these other three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to this laptop Then it gets a little more "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password? even with correct credentials interesting this same laptop that couldn t connect to those three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to a Windows desktop and a XP Laptop and those two can also connect back to it without issue It s almost like my network is divided in half and only half can talk to each other But then when I thought it couldn t get any more interesting I realized the first three W PCs Laptops can talk to the others it s just that the others W Laptop W Desktop XP Laptop can t talk back to them without getting the error quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password even though the username and password are correct I don t fully understand this error because on the surface it s just WRONG My username and password are correct but it appears something somewhere is interfering or hijacking the authentication process Three of the computers laptops are brand new just purchased last week and setup this week The HostPC is also fairly new just purchased last month I am not using a HomeGroup and have removed all computers that were part of a HomeGroup I have enabled file sharing and network discovery and enabled Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers on all PCs I have DSL and am using the wireless modem provided by my ISP which has router functionality built into it It is a Sagemcom Model F ST N All computers are connected wirelessly Time is correct on all PCs I cannot use Group Policy since they re all Standard or Home edition DHCP is enabled and all computers are on the same subnet using the x range of ip addresses The six computers are as follows I figured this may make is easier to visualize the layout HostPC HP Desktop W PC Name DrsBlend U N DrsBlend p w not showing my real password PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Desktop W SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC Dell Laptop XP SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W Every PC stated above has the same user name and password and is logged-in with the username DrsBlend and the password The quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password happens when trying to access HostPC PC or PC from PC PC or PC The HostPC can see and connect to all the PCs but only PC and PC can talk back or access the HostPC It s like the HostPC and PC and PC are in their own little clique and can talk back and forth to each other Those three PCs can also talk to PC PC and PC as well but PC PC and PC cannot talk back to them HostPC PC PC Profile corruption I would have entertained that thought but the fact the first three PCs can access and talk to one another kind of defeats that idea and the fact the PCs were just recently setup Firewall Disabled and disabled TrendMicro with no change With them on off the first three PCs can still talk to each other and the rest of the PCs Anyone have any additional suggestions nbsp

A:"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password” even with correct credentials

I experienced a similar problem when I was trying to network my 8.1 machine the host network. As you say the host PC can see and connect to all of the machines, but not the other way around. Not sure if it is the same in your situation but I found that Microsoft's idea of network sharing on the Windows 8 class of OS differs greatly from previous OS's in that you can connect to it from an external host, but when trying to do the other way around it doesn't "see" the PC in question due to differing network sharing protocols included in the OS.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am speaking only from what happened with my network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logon-failure-unknown-user-name-or-bad-password%E2%80%9D-even-with-correct-credentials.201313/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi, I think I have the same problem with this person right here, and I'm saying ''I think'' because my english are not so good..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-mirroring-my-speakers.181670/

A:Microphone works as speaker?

Someone help meeeeeeee?!!!?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-works-as-speaker.201636/
Relevancy 24.51%

I hope this is the right section to ask this question in. I'm a big newbie.
I'm having an issue that I have no clue how to solve. There is a specific webpage that I try to view at home with my laptop, and it never loads on Chrome and Firefox, but does on Explorer. But when I take the same laptop to work or school, it does load that website on all browsers. I also have a desktop that stays home, and has the same problem. Its so strange. I don't know if it's a network thing, or an facebook app thing.

I've tried re-installing Chrome, deleting all cookies and caches, disabling all extensions or plugins, and updating Flash and Java. Any ideas?

Mod Note: Facebook game link removed, you are too new to be trusted fully. Problem m ay be solvable without the exact game anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/website-works-at-work-not-home.201025/
Relevancy 43%

I have a Dell Inspiron 2200 still running XP that has an administrator account, as well as a guest account (where the important docs I need are stored). It has a faulty DC jack, and I plan on having it recycled due to the fact the repair would cost more than the computer is worth. If I remove the hard drive and put it in a USB housing, would I be able to access the info stored under the guest account without any problems?

Relevancy 23.65%

When I am accessing wifi network I get dns failed error message. what is the problem? pls help

A:DNS failed error in WiFi network

Can you connect using a wired connection?
Get a command prompt and enter
ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt​then open that file, copy the contents and paste into your follow-up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-failed-error-in-wifi-network.200577/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a laptop running Windows 7 32-bit and can RDP into my work computer with no issues. I just built a new desktop with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. With my new desktop I can not get into my work PC. We have a SonicWall VPN connection. I can log into the VPN and can ping my work PC with my desktop. I was able to connect once but only rendered half my screen then disconnected. Every time I try to connect it times out. My work PC is running Windows XP Pro 32-bit. All Windows firewalls are turned off.

I built the desktop so I could stop using the laptop to remote into work. I'm still stuck having to use the laptop. Please help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rdp-works-from-one-pc-but-not-another.200134/
Relevancy 24.94%

I've been working on computers for quite some time, but this has me completely perplexed. Just purchased a new case (NZXT Guardian), new EVGA 650TI vid card, 4 gigs of Corsair PC 6400 (Dual Channel), have two hard drives (500 gig Seagate w/Vista loaded/350 gig WD Caviar w/XP loaded), new 750 watt Corsair gaming psu, new Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe board (wireless edition) and two new DVD-R/DVD-RW drives (HP drives) and AMD Athlon 6000 cpu. When I hit the start button, everything fires up for about 5-6 secs, and the system shuts off. I've tested the psu and it's fine. The memory works in another computer, and so do the h/d's and optical drives. I keep thinking there's something wrong with the board or chip. I've torn this build down and rebuilt so many times in the past three days my heads spinning. Thought I'd get some fresh perspective on this thing.

A:Works for 5-6 secs. then shuts off

Disconnect all drives, graphic card, and all but one memory module to see, if the system has the same symptoms. If the system seems to have the same symptoms, you can rule out those components as being a possible culprit.

The 750W PSU is a bit much for a 650Ti. I take it you were giving head-room for possible future SLI with larger graphics cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/works-for-5-6-secs-then-shuts-off.199802/
Relevancy 24.51%

My phone( T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII ) always losing connection maybe because I am living at the edge of the signal coverage. Battery get eaten very fast because of weak signal strength. It is still manage to last over one day with my mpj extended battery though, I have to reboot frequently just to get connected. How can I boost the signal enough for it to work consistently? Please help and thank you millions in advanced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/signal-not-enough-for-my-phone-works-consistently.199123/
Relevancy 43.86%

I issue An logins with user have a former company PC Earlier I was attempting to remove the company An issue with user logins domain from it so that I didn t have to An issue with user logins log in as the previous user every time just to get to the desktop So I changed the computer name right click my computer properties computer name I then clicked on Network ID and set to this computer is for An issue with user logins home use and then it went wrong I restarted the computer as instructed and tried to log on as the user as before but it is telling me the password is incorrect The username is correct and so is the password It s clear that whatever I did with the Network ID has caused this I have logged on as administrator but need to access the other user due to the saved files on there etc Can someone help me revert back access that user account from admin Is there a way to completely detach the PC from the previous domain so that it is like a normal home PC with no log in Thank You nbsp

A:An issue with user logins

Administrator account has permission to access files from other users. Just go to the C:/Users section or whatever.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/an-issue-with-user-logins.198449/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a champion ups it has suddenly stopped working. The ups turns on but I am unable to turn on my pc but when I turn the outlet switch off I am able turn on the PC in backup mode. I was able to boot and shut down the PC. The ups works in backup mode but somehow refuses to supply power when in online mode. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ups-works-in-backup-mode-but-not-in-online-mode.197973/
Relevancy 24.51%

I ve been struggling for a week now trying to get my wireless internet working on my quot repaired quot Acer computer But till this date I still haven t made any progress At all I feel my sanity slipping recieved no after Wireless HDD new longer having works away from me My computer is able to find all the previous connections I m familiar with but Wireless no longer works after having recieved new HDD I m just not able to connect I Wireless no longer works after having recieved new HDD even dare to say the connections are pretty strong so I doubt it it s the antenna s But really I wouldn t know I ve tried pretty much every quot solution quot I could find on the internet while still waiting for the Acer customer service to respond and for someone to say anything useful at the Acer forums but it s all taking a very long time I recon a specific problem needs a specific solution which is why nothing worked so I m hoping I ll find a clever and patient person out here who would like to help me with this mess Computer It concerns an Acer Aspire X running Windows Repair replaced HDD Details Approximately weeks ago I had to send my computer away to the Acer repair team because of a defective HDD On oktober th I was in possession of my computer again with the HDD replaced and since day one I haven t been able to connect through WiFi I have two laptops sitting here and they manage to connect just fine so I am sure to say I find this very confusing and upsetting Before my computer was taken away everything worked just fine Nothing changed about the router connection key during that time so I m having trouble determining the cause of the issue Today I was bored enough to see if ethernet worked and it does but it s in no way handy for me to use this option I need WiFi Please help me For people who need it a short while ago I made a screenshot of the IP configurations ipconfig all through the command prompt http i tinypic com inv ph jpg nbsp

A:Wireless no longer works after having recieved new HDD

I've been struggling for a week now trying to get my wireless internet working on my "repaired" Acer computer. But till this date, I still haven't made any progress. At all. I feel my sanity slipping away from me.

My computer is able to find all the previous connections I'm familiar with, but I'm just not able to connect. I even dare to say the connections are pretty strong, so I doubt it it's the antenna(s).
But really, I wouldn't know.

I've tried pretty much every "solution" I could find on the internet, while still waiting for the Acer customer service to respond and for someone to say anything useful at the Acer forums, but it's all taking a very long time.
I recon a specific problem needs a specific solution, which is why nothing worked, so I'm hoping I'll find a clever and patient person out here who would like to help me with this mess.

Computer
It concerns an Acer Aspire X3475, running Windows 8.

Repair (replaced HDD) Details
Approximately 2 weeks ago I had to send my computer away to the Acer repair team because of a defective HDD. On oktober 15th I was in possession of my computer again, with the HDD replaced; and since day one I haven't been able to connect through WiFi.
I have two laptops sitting here, and they manage to connect just fine, so I am sure to say I find this very confusing and upsetting.
Before my computer was taken away, everything worked just fine. Nothing changed about the router/connection/key during that time, so I'm having trouble determining the cause of the issue.

Today I was bored enough to see if ethernet worked, and it does, but it's in no way handy for me to use this option. I need WiFi. Please, help me.

For people who need it, a short while ago I made a screenshot of the IP configurations (ipconfig/all) through the command prompt: http://i43.tinypic.com/inv3ph.jpg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-no-longer-works-after-having-recieved-new-hdd.197287/
Relevancy 24.08%

Networked for years in XP machines.

I read help files how to but, could not make it work.

My w8 win wxplorer list shows under Network the VISTA LAPTOP. When I click on it it asks for user name/password but, what name & password?.

I naver had any name/password for my networks.

Any body knows what does it refere to?

A:Failed to network w8, xp & vista

Hey nichos. Was a name and password used when this Win8 system was first set-up. When I first unpacked a WIN8 laptop, it threw me for a loop as it requires a username and password to unlock it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-network-w8-xp-vista.197366/
Relevancy 24.51%

I had wireless internet with AT&T and everything was fine. Today I switched to Bright House and my laptop will not connect wirelessly to the router. I am able to use the ethernet cord to connect and my mobile devices connect to the wireless network with no problem. Please help ! My computer is an Acer and is operating on Windows 7

A:Ethernet works, wireless doesn't

Hey Ashp10. You had AT&T as your ISP, but now you are using Bright House, correct?. Did you have your own router when with AT&T or were you using a combo modem/router provided by them. How about with Bright House, are you using a box provided by them or are you using your own router?.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-works-wireless-doesnt.197034/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a Windows 7 computer wired into my home network. It has a printer attached to it that I have set to share. I have a windows 7 laptop and an XP laptop. Both 7 machines can see open the shared drives on the XP machine but when I try to access the shared drives of either 7 machine from any of the other machines I am asked to give a User ID and a password. This is a private Home network. I have no passwords set up on any of the machines. I'm trying to set up the printer on the two laptops and I can't access it without the User ID Password window popping up. Does anyone know what the problem is?

A:Home Network asking for user ID and password

This is all normal operation for print/file sharing. If you really want sharing without using passwords (imo a security risk), then you need to google for "anonymous sharing"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-asking-for-user-id-and-password.194484/
Relevancy 24.08%

Ever since my macbook pro went flat my hard drive no longer is recognised on the computer. it comes up with the first picture uploaded. when I go to disk utility I can not click verify disk or repair disk but can see the hard drive there. I have no idea how to fix this without losing everything on the hard drive. I have no other mac to plug into and I plugged it into a pc but it does not show up, however the sounds when you plug something in and out are there.

A:External Hard drive no longer works in my mac

since my macbook pro went flatClick to expand...

what does that mean?

the JPG attached strongly suggests the drive has issues

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-no-longer-works-in-my-mac.194702/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello I m not Works Connect Won't Ethernet Wireless sure if this is in the right place but here goes Yesterday the wireless was going slow so I Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect accessed the router and changed the WPA Pre-Shared Key to something more complex and difficult to guess After that it would still connect to wireless but it wouldn t load pages quickly or at all Then it stopped connecting to my wireless network altogether I m writing this post with my Ethernet cable plugged in and it works perfectly fine I ran Windows troubleshooter while still able to connect to wireless Results were that the problem had something to do with Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect the DNS Server Since then I ve tried winsock fix flushdns ipconfig in cmd resetting the wireless WPA Pre-Shared Key back to the original changing the Preferred and Alternate DNS servers powering off my Thomson router I ve tried to cmd - ipconfig release renew but it says the media is disconnected and it can t perform that operation Any help would be great -Scott nbsp

A:Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect

How far is the computer from the router? Are there any walls,floors it has to go thru?
Personally, I'd stick with the ethernet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-works-wireless-wont-connect.193718/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Friends ... I have this laptop that has been given to me by my company and the USB ports have been blocked in manner such that I can copy stuff from my USB drive on to the machine but cannot copy in the reverse direction, ie. from the hard drive to the USB. Obviously it is to safeguard against theft of data. However, I do not deal with any confidential data and like to back up things every few days. Please tell me a shortcut to unlock my USB entirely even though I do not have administrator rights on the machine.

A:How to unlock USB ports without admin password?

Sorry, we will not assist in circumventing such security features, especially when the machine belongs to someone else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-unlock-usb-ports-without-admin-password.193100/
Relevancy 24.08%
A:ApexDC++ works on my college network, but HFS does not. Can anyone explain why?

Did you see the firewall & port forwarding requirements here ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apexdc-works-on-my-college-network-but-hfs-does-not-can-anyone-explain-why.192140/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have try many things but the result is still the same...
already tried restarting the computer.....switching off the modem....
when I disable it.. I cant enable it again.. and when I try to switch off the computer it got stuck at the saving setting or something like that.... even the hamachi network cant be disable... the internet connection was working great last nigh but when I woke up.. this thing shown up... I never adjust any system or add any program before shutting it down last night...
I also tried to go to control panel

ithe ethernet is still enable... I realy need help on this... the wireless is working fine but the cable connection is the problem...

A:LAN network conection failed

the wireless is working fine but the cable connection is the problemClick to expand...

Are you trying to get BOTH connected at the same time?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-network-conection-failed.191371/
Relevancy 20.64%

Ok here s the history of the problem I have GB Hard drive quot Samsung sp c quot and I am using it since two years with my old desktop system with this S M A R T error at the startup BIOS TWO YEARS BACK I think there are some bad sectors involved at the last part of the HDD space There were partitions initially I e C D E amp F The problem started with partition #83" attribute "1720-SMART failure failing? drive detects imminent hard failed: ... HDD error F with following issues Always took so long copying files into F System got stuck up when some file s folder s from F drive were opened and then automatic restart That time ran CHKDSK on F drive but in the middle of scanning it always restarted the PC automatically Sometimes system restarted when I was copying some HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? random data in the F partition Whenever this restart thing happened at the start up it displayed that there is no primary hard drive detected Then eventually it came back live after - attempts always I also deleted the Partition F and then recreated the partition but same problems persisted YEAR BACK Due to above issues HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? I left the partition F as it was and used others like C D amp E but an year before the partition E started to do things same way F was doing and at that point F was not accessible with error popping The disk is not formatted Do you want to format it now I formatted the partition F and ran following HDD tools afterwards Partition Table Doctor HDD Regenerator Surface tests for C D E was fine but when it started scanning the HDD somewhere in F partition area these tools messed up with something took so long stuck at sectors for long time without repairing it MONTHS BACK I came to know that there are some serious issues in the HDD sectors inside the last GB part of HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? the hard disk I made partitions C D E F G The G partition was for GB space and I never opened this drive since I created it because this will cause same problem what the F was doing before NOW I don t have much issues with C D E amp F while operating them Don t use F too much to be at safe side But I feel that HDD is very slow overall and and every time I turn this system on I get quot -SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure Attribute failed quot Wondering if it could be fixed or not and I know and understand that my hard disk was failing ever since and most of you guys will advice to back up and purchase a new one but I am still on to fix this one and as if there s any way to get it right up Many Thanks nbsp

A:HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing?

The fundamentals still apply:

for every partition ?X?
chkdsk ?X? /f /r​
The /R will remap bad sectors in an effort to avoid future I/o errors.

a} fix all partitions
b} get the SMART data and save it for reverence (it will not be reset to zero by chkdsk)
c} view the SMART data every day
d} look for increasing statistics

PLAN on getting a new HDD asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-error-1720-smart-hard-drive-detects-imminent-failure-attribute-failed-83-failing.190152/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi Fellows I have TOSHIBA GB HDD I made it external delayed showing External to 0MD size failed due errors write HDD HDD through a drive case and using it since few months for storing the data it has partitions Now External HDD showing 0MD size due to delayed write failed errors I have a problem with it A week before the drive started giving following errors when I was plugging it in to the system There might be a problem with some files on this device or disc this can happen if you remove the device or disc before all files have been written to it Delayed Write Failed I O Device Error Initially it was only reading two partitions after - days it only showed one partition not all data then now it is showing partition with zero data with zero mb total disk space It is asking to format each partition I am trying to open I tried to access the HDD from multiple systems XP VISTA SEVEN but same MB size showing up now every time How can I get the external HDD back to normal state without losing the data already there please help Thanks nbsp

A:External HDD showing 0MD size due to delayed write failed errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Check-a-drive-for-errors
Check the drives for errors as instructed in the link above^. This may take a few hours depending on the size of the drive. If this fails then we will resort to other options. After doing some research, it seems as if this error occurs a lot in XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-showing-0md-size-due-to-delayed-write-failed-errors.189965/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi
I have a desk top pc, which loads up and then I cant get onto the internet. We know we have internet as we run a laptop. I have tried a system restore, this has not made any difference. I have cleaded temporary internet files and run free avg 2013 to see if I have any viruses.
One day we can get on and the next we cant, any ideas? The computer also appears to be a little sluggish (only 2 years old).

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks,

A:Desktop PC works intermittently

What operating system do you have?
have you tried re-installing the LAN driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-pc-works-intermittently.188421/
Relevancy 24.94%

Microphone Jack isnt working microphone isnt being read what is the problem the sound card or the Jacks themselves the mic isnt the problem cause it works on the laptop just not on the pc..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-works-on-one-system-but-not-another.189222/
Relevancy 23.22%

My computer wiz of a brother moved across country! Im not a computer wiz but can follow instructions well! IF anyone would like to guide me in the right direction I would appreciate it! thank you!

He can get wireless signal, and at times access the internet for a few minutes, then he is booted again! My brother suggested we install Chrome for him, did so last night! Now I receive messages server cant be found, bc the DNS lookup failed!

A:Trouble getting father's computer online wirelessly! DNS look up failed!

It's not a browser issue - - it's the TCP settings

get a command prompt (btw which version of windows?)

enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt

on your follow-up, attach the file myTCP.txt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-getting-fathers-computer-online-wirelessly-dns-look-up-failed.189000/
Relevancy 24.51%

Anybody know what would make a monitor display for 10 seconds and then go black?
I can shut it off...turn back on and it displays again for 10 seconds and goes blank.
I have changed out cables. tried on several machines, and outputs, same result.
any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-works-for-10-seconds-then-goes-black.188677/
Relevancy 20.21%

My 1TB Western Digital external drive has failed. It's out of warranty so that's not an option. After much internet research and trying many "fixes" that didn't work, I moved on to getting it out of its enclosure. But I need help on what I do next to determine if its the USB port that failed or the drive itself. This is my main backup of all my data (I know my fault for not having a backup of my backup) so I really need to get the data off of it if possible. The sticker on the drive says: SATA / 32MB Cache. My only computer is an HP Pavilion laptop. I am a novice in terms of computer hardware but can follow directions and do "techy" things pretty well. Your help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-wd-external-drive-is-it-the-drive-or-the-usb-port.188620/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello I recently purchased a new laptop a Dell Model N Windows home premium It s been about a week that DNS lookup failed I have been attempting to access the web I have successfully set up the wireless network I just added the existing network I have set up through my old laptop My task bar shows that I am connected to the internet using DNS lookup failed google chrome I receive the error message quot the DNS lookup failed quot And while using internet explorer I get quot The DNS server isn t responding quot All of my Wireless Network Connection Properties are set to obtain automatically I ve even tried disabling the IPV I know all these settings are correct because my old laptop is still connected and I am having no difficulty connecting to the internet I consider myself to be fairly computer savvy and this has left me puzzled and extremely frustrated Any help would be greatly appreciated This might be helpful- results from ipconfig from Dell not connecting to internet Windows IP Configuration Host Name Daisha-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday October PM Lease Expires Sunday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -B -FD- A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap - E- - FC-B BF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FAF A- DA - CAA- -D DEA B D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c ebe f fff Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c ebe f fff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Data from Dell computer that will connect Windows IP Configuration Host Name Daisha-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday October PM Lease Expires Sunday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -B -FD- A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physica... Read more

A:DNS lookup failed

Is this WiFi to your own router, or some public hotspot?
These look really good:

Code:

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Daisha-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : [B]Hybrid[/B]
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Dell Wireless 1701 802.11b/g/n
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 64-27-37-F2-85-05
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : [B]Yes[/B]
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
[COLOR=#ff0000]IPv4 Address.[/COLOR] . . . . . . . . . . : [B]192.168.0.12(Preferred)[/B]
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, October 14, 2012 3:23:34 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, October 14, 2012 5:42:06 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
[B]DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 8.8.8.8[/B]
[B]8.8.4.4[/B]
[B]NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled[/B]
In Services, ensure DNS Client is Autostart and running.

These are the test you can run; get a command prompt, then
verify NIC is active ping 127.0.0.1
get your IPv4 Address and then ping it
run tracert 8.8.8.8

first line will be your router/gateway
second will be your ISP
... last should be 8.8.8.8
now test DNS with

nslookup 8.8.8.8
should return google=public-dns-a.google.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-lookup-failed.186215/
Relevancy 24.08%

One of my many drive is the FreeAgent GoFlex Drive 1.5 TB pocket sized external drive - it works fine on every other computer but on mine it stopped working - actually when I plug it in to my computer it freezes my computer every time I plug it in however to unfreeze my computer all I have to do is unplug the drive (plug-in and unplug I mean connect and disconnect USB cable from my USB port on my computer).

I have a 700 watt Power supply and my other USB devices work just fine which includes all my other external hard drives - I did replace my Geforce 8800 GT grap[hics card with the Geforce GTx550 Ti graphics card.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

A:FreeAgent GoFlex Drive works on every computer but mine

Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port? It's possible that the port you are using is miswired and is putting out the wrong amount of voltage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freeagent-goflex-drive-works-on-every-computer-but-mine.186007/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello,

I've got a problem. I can't seem to get the wireless working on 1 laptop. It used to work, but since I logged into another Wifi it doesn't work anymore.

It keeps giving the DNS lookup failed in Chrome.

I checked the DNS client, it's running. I renewed, released, did netsh resets.

IP and DNS are on automatic.

The only thing I can find it the logs is that the "Gateway" is empty.

EDIT:

On top of that it takes really long to acquire the network address. Then it gives a limited connectivity warning for 2 seconds, and then it says the connection was succesful and that the signal strength is excellent.

Go to this post scroll to the bottom, find the attachment

Save to your HD, rename by stripping off the .TXT

Now using an admin login, dbl-click that file to make the change - - reboot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-lookup-failed.186338/
Relevancy 43.43%

I?ve never had to set the BIOS password, but the kids are growing up and I need to lock access to my PC.

My Bios has two Password Options: Supervisor and User.

The Supervisor password was accepted, and before I attempt to change the BIOS settings, the Supervisor password is asked for.

Then I set the user password.

However, when I boot up the PC, I am not asked for any password and windows loads as usual.

What am I missing?

The BIOS is Award Software International, Inc. F4 HI 07/03/2007

A:Unable to set BIOS user password

Do you have the option mentioned below?

Setting a BIOS Password

Now you'll want to set your system to ask for that password every time it boots, so select the BIOS FEATURES SETUP option, to see a menu something like this:

Fairly obviously, it's the Password Check option we're interested in, so select it and change the setting to ALWAYS.

etc....Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-set-bios-user-password.183774/
Relevancy 23.65%

My fan recently broke. So I simply jus popped another one on. The fan I replaced it with jus has red and black which is obv live and neg but the one I took out has red black and yellow any idea about the yellow ? The fan works great but CPU fan failed error keeps appearing then when I press F11 it says entering setup but still shuts down.any ideas about how to keep it running just to get into the settings and change the CPU fan settings. Would be grateful with any help. Thankyou.

A:Help needed to bypass the CPU fan failed error at startup

You bought the wrong type of fan. They aren't all the same. You should have bought a CPU fan but you have a case fan instead. The yellow wire goes to a sensor connection that controls the speed of the fan. The motherboard detects the missing connection and throws the error you saw. The solution is to buy the correct type of fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-needed-to-bypass-the-cpu-fan-failed-error-at-startup.170008/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello I m Redsuns and I have this Dell Inspiron Laptop I ve been getting the quot DNS lookup failed quot error message constantly while using Google Chrome Sometimes when refresh the webpage of Facebook or go to google homepage this problem always happen What method shall I use to DNS failed lookup solve it Any DNS lookup failed suggestions would be appreciated Thanks in advance Host DNS lookup failed Name Dell-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -F -A - E- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - D- - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address -F -A - E- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b bc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Lease Expires Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F-DB- -A -BA-DB-AA-F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address A -BA-DB-AA-F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CDD B - BA - -B -C A FD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BF ED - - - -B BFDA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap - - -BFDD- BFD AA BC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A EC- C E- - FE - FC D A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Do you know how to access your router to configure it? If you do, I would try adding 8.8.8.8 as a secondary DNS server in the DHCP settings. Let me know if you need help with this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-lookup-failed.181576/
Relevancy 35.26%

I was running Win XP which finally failed and I was able to enter in safe mode (only, no networking) and ran all the tests I could think of. Hard drive is ok and so I attempted to repair WinXP from the installation CD. However, the PC failed to shut down and restart so I eventually force closed it. Now it won't even load past the initial black windows screen, don't even get the option of going into safe mode.

Is there any way I (or someone) could access the hard drive to retrieve the data? I guess I could reinstall the OS but don't want to do that yet as I'll definitely lose the data.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Win XP failed, repair failed -- can I access hard drive?

Sure, there are many ways. Depending on what you want in the end decides how to proceed.

If you have a lot of space free on the drive, you could boot off a linux dvd and create a new partition. You'd have to shrink the existing, then make a new one. Then you could just copy over the data from the old one to the new one. Then reinstall windows onto the old partition, and copy your stuff back (then delete the partition and expand the remaining to fill the rest of the space).

You can also just boot off a linux disk and copy it to a thumb drive or whatever.

Or you could remove the hard drive and place it in another computer.

Also, I'm not convinced you lose the data if you install Windows again. I'm pretty sure you can install without formatting the drive. Your programs won't work, but it shouldn't overwrite any of your data. This is a non-ideal solution though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-xp-failed-repair-failed-can-i-access-hard-drive.179446/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys I d really appreciate if anyone could give me some advice I m having a seriously frustrating problem with my computer monitor graphics card I have an LG flatron monitor Every time I go to start my computer in Screen works 640x480, only 64-bit Windows it switches off and the message quot analog power saving mode quot appears on the screen I can t turn it on after that unless I restart windows in x resolution When I do this the screen flashes with red lines and doesn t fit properly I ve checked to make sure all the cables are tight tried system restore when all else failed I even tried updating my graphics drivers but I can t get very far because the screen will turn off just as Screen only works in 640x480, Windows 64-bit they re finished updating The problem only occurred when I was sitting on a crappy cooking website which required no power Screen only works in 640x480, Windows 64-bit from my video card at all It was perfect for the last two years up until then Help Some additional details that probably won t help at all Name NVIDIA GeForce LE Chip Type GeForce LE DAC Integrated RAMDAC Approx total memory MB Current Display Mode x bit Hz Drivers Main driver nvd Screen only works in 640x480, Windows 64-bit dumx dll nvd dum Version Driver Model WDDM nbsp

A:Screen only works in 640x480, Windows 64-bit

The video card is probably dying... Time to invest in a little better card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-only-works-in-640x480-windows-64-bit.178587/
Relevancy 24.51%

I didnt have this issue until recently.

I can get a wirless connection no problem, but once I plug in my LAN cord I can't connect. If I disable my wireless I still can't get a connection. I tried going into device manager and deleting my Ethernt card, and rebooted. No luck there either. Any idea? Is there something I need to enable? Not super IT, but have looked at properties and everywhere else I can think of, but uI am posting here.......you can tell I am still stuck.

Thanks for your help!!

OS - Windows 7
Ethernet Card - Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller

A:Wireless works, but no connection with LAN cord

The wired LAN port on the motherboard may be bad... Have you tried re-installing the Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller driver from the laptops manufacturer support website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-works-but-no-connection-with-lan-cord.178261/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi's to all.. am here in hopes I can get an idea for what might be happening. The monitor currently in use here working fine with a DELL pc.. Am puzzled over what is happening. With an atttempt to s simply connect this monitor to another pc it is not responding.. works with one but not the other??? Scratch my head.... the pc it is not working with has no OES. have win 7 to install in it.. The cable has a tight connection fit on both pc's.. Just got this pc back from a tech who had it hooked up to his monitor.. what could I look at to troubleshoot

A:Monitor works with one PC but not another

do you have a dedicated graphics card on the new computer? If so, make sure you are plugging the monitor into the correct one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-works-with-one-pc-but-not-another.177358/
Relevancy 23.22%

To start I left my laptop off for two days while away on vacation I return home and attempt to load it and receive the windows error message quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause quot I am left with options to boot start windows boot manager to load windows normally When I try option at the bottom of screen there s a bar that says loading windows file and then the screen goes to a black screen with an arrow never to load--even after a substantial amount of time hours When I try option it goes to the windows logo screen for a couple of minutes and then returns to the error message screen I have a Toshiba Satellite L -S Windows bit My year warranty on the laptop just ended less than a month ago and when contacting Toshiba they note this Upon a minute conversation I was told that the harddrive crashed and needs to be replaced as well as windows OS I just don t understand what could have happened because prior to leaving for vacation L655 start failed Windows Toshiba Satellite to - windows was functioning no problem My laptop is not making any weird sounds I just want to be sure their solution is necessary or is there any other solutions I could try before dishing out for this computer Also know any strategies getting around out of date warranty when right outside within weeks of the warranty period nbsp

A:Windows failed to start - Toshiba Satellite L655

I don't know if you got this settled, but it sounds like the hard drive might be okay if you can re-format and re-load Windows fresh

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-failed-to-start-toshiba-satellite-l655.175786/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey guys every time i restart my laptop it wipes all the user profiles, leaves one and wipes all the custom settings on that profile. I have no idea and any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again

A:User profiles deleted on start up

This might be caused by a virus or other malware infection, a corrupt hard drive or Windows itself is corrupt... Can you do a destructive laptop restore? This is a way that the laptop is put back just like it was when you turned it on when you first bought it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-profiles-deleted-on-start-up.175534/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I recently posted on this forum after having issues with my computer not booting Then the PSU literally blew up a day later Old System Specs Q MSI P N Diamond Silverpower sp w has good reviews just not well known Corsair GB HD The issue I had was turn on pc everything lights up but GPU fan spins at full speed as if it was getting no power or connecting to motherboard G-card will not boot at all I did however find a very strange work around To boot the machine I had to remove the pin CPU power on the motherboard Turn the machine on but no boot Turn it off and replace CPU power Turn machine back on and everything works perfectly So It seems that the card can never boot up from cold If I re-started it worked fine I now have a new motherboard cpu RAM and PSU Both motherboards work perfectly with my tester g-card New PC Parts I k Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD P-B Corsair TX w V The new one fails to boot at all even with various different power cables removed I cannot RMA card as it is No works fan kinda speed boot, card? mobo faulty on other - - full 5870 second-hand BY using my 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? trick on the old motherboard it works perfectly so the card actually works It s just having big issues accepting power to 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? boot Would flashing the g-card bios help This quote is from an article about flashing the g-card bios It seems to sum up my issue the video BIOS initializes the card As soon as it receives power from the motherboard the BIOS activates the card and identifies itself to the motherboard BIOS In short the video BIOS starts and identifies the card and provides its initial crop of settings However if I can get any advice on other things to try out then I will happily do them The PSU s are not at fault as There is the same issue with a new Antec PSU and my brand new Corsair TC w which is supposed to be one of the dogs bollox of PSU s Thanks in advance for your reply Ivan G-S nbsp

A:5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card?

Welcome to the world of custom building lol, my computer has similar problems that if i have had it turned off for more than 5 minutes it will not boot and keeps bluescreen until i do a clean boot with a power drain, my solution to that is do just set the bios on the MB to use a 1W standby and leave it in sleep mode always (reboot it every so often)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5870-no-boot-fan-full-speed-kinda-works-on-other-mobo-faulty-card.173944/
Relevancy 23.65%

I attempted to promote a member server to be a BDC in a single server domain It seemed to complete successfully but later I found that it did not I now have multiple issues with the server I see the following in Event Viewer In the system log I am receiving SAM errors In the Directory Service log I am receiving NTDS Replication errors that full synchronization did not occur In the DNS Server log I am receiving Event id stating that the DNS BDC Issues a a had server failed 2000 DCPromo that with server is unable to open the Active Directory In File Replication I am receiving a error Apparently the SYSVOL cannot be created I do see that the user database did come over from the PDC however I am also receiving messages that I cannot create new Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo user objects until the BDC can sync with the PDC I am researching all this stuff but not really knowing where to begin I have tried to DEMOTE the failing BDC but since it cannot attach to the Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo DNS server the ip address of the PDC the demotion fails too Any thoughts are GREATLY appreciated Greg nbsp

A:Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo

Maybe this will help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837932

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-with-a-2000-server-bdc-that-had-a-failed-dcpromo.172227/
Relevancy 43.86%

In our network we have many remote sites. We are currently all WinXP Pro but are starting to transition to Windows 7 (64-bit) when we cycle PCs out.

We have been using RealVNC for years instead of RDP because RealVNC allows shared control of the PC between you and the local user (ie: "Show me what you are talking about"). I've tried Tight (which leaves lots remnants after uninstalling), Real (simply does not work unless you buy the Enterprise version, for ~800 computers that just isn't going to work) and Ultra (works, but randomly resets its options and closes down once you log out of a profile).

Is there a way to allow shared control during RDP? If not, is there another VNC-ish program I can try (freeware) that's as reliable as RealVNC has been under XP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/allow-local-user-control-in-rdp.171996/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi I use Windows DNS lookup failed, continuously -bit as my OS I just moved into DNS lookup failed, continuously a new apartment got the internet installed and was using it for days or so Suddenly it was taking much longer to load sites then it would just show a quot dns lookup failed etc quot message This happens regardless of browser used chrome opera firefox IE Strange thing is that the internet connection is still very strong and my service is mb s so I still download torrents at speeds of mb s It just can t seem to manage more than one thing For instance while downloading a torrent even at speeds of just kb DNS lookup failed, continuously s if i try to check out websites the DNS message will usually show up again by the nd opened page It s pretty much like this all the time though I ve used Hijack this malwarebytes and avg free version to get rid of whatever malicious thing might DNS lookup failed, continuously be in my comp but no success so far Any suggestions would be great BTW I m a completely newb so explicit instructions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:DNS lookup failed, continuously

get a command prompt window (start->run->cmd)
enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTcp.txt

open the myTcp.txt file, copy all the data <ctl>c
and follow-up to this thread, pasting the data.

PLEASE describe your Internet setup

ISP name?
connection type? {dial-up, DSL, Cable, Satellite}

Brand name and model of your modem? _____ your router _____?

Are you using a wired or wifi connection?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-lookup-failed-continuously.170666/
Relevancy 24.94%

According to PCI-SIG chairman Al Yanes, who S/A spoke with on the 14th, the new PCIE spec is already in the works...Do those people ever sleep???:rolleyes:

http://semiaccurate.com/2011/09/15/pci-express-is-on-a-quest-for-speed/

A:PCIE 4.0 in the works...

Yo! And PCI-E 3.0 hasn't even become implemented yet. No rest for the weary builder... :dead:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcie-4-0-in-the-works.170888/
Relevancy 34.83%

My IDE DVD writer stopped appearing in Windows although it is detected in BIOS It worked fine until this problem started It does not appear in device manager or explorer The drawer opens and closes and the LED goes on but it won t read or write disks I have swapped the optical drive for a known working drive and still no optical drive was detected by Windows The swapped out unit works fine on all not tried solutions Optical drive detected, another computer I have installed a new IDE cable but that didn t solve the problem The cable is seated fully no pins are bent and the plug is properly oriented in the socket The drive is at the end of the IDE cable and set to quot master quot There are no other IDE drives on this computer I looked in regedit to delete the upper and lower limits but there were no such commands I have removed and reseated the RAM Both SATA drives I have Optical drive not detected, tried all solutions installed work fine and there are no other issues with this computer I would try to repair Windows but I can t because the optical Optical drive not detected, tried all solutions drive won t read my Windows install CD What next nbsp

A:Optical drive not detected, tried all solutions

I looked in regedit to delete the upper and lower limits, but there were no such commands.Click to expand...

Highlight the entries and hit the delete key.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/optical-drive-not-detected-tried-all-solutions.170634/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello everybody, I have a home network with about 3 computer connected. I am using a laptop and when ever I use the net view command in cmd, I can only view my laptop. Why can't I see the other 2 computer?

All the computer have Win. 7 Home Premium Installed. Is there a way to send messages to those computers within the network, without the use of 3rd party applications... Perhaps by cmd?

I know you can, but I am unsure how.

A:Net view/net user

examples

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff>net view $SYSTEM_NAME
Shared resources at $SYSTEM_NAME
[B]lt-beard[/B]

Share name Type Used as Comment
--------------------------------------------------------
Italy-1 Disk
Italy-2 Disk
RealEstate Disk
SharedDocs Disk
The command completed successfully.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff>net view emac
Shared resources at emac

Mac OS X

Share name Type Used as Comment
--------------------------------------------------------
homes Disk User Home Directories
i860 Print Canon i860
jeff Disk User Home Directories
MP470 series Print Canon MP470 series
It should be clear that NET VIEW SYSTEM is dependent upon getting Print/File Sharing working correctly.

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff>[B]net user jeff[/B]
User name Jeff
Full Name Jeff
Comment primary user(LUA)
User's comment
Country code 000 (System Default)
Account active Yes
Account expires Never

blah blah ...

Workstations allowed All
Logon script
User profile
Home directory
Last logon 9/2/2011 10:55 AM

Logon hours allowed All

Local Group Memberships *Users
Global Group memberships *None

Would appear to be Policy settings for the user

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/net-view-net-user.170621/
Relevancy 21.07%

My m-in-l s computer crashed so I brought it message ATI everyone! Control to Panel Error Hello "The initialize..." failed to my house to reinstall everything for her I am almost to the point of setting it back up at her house but I am still having a couple of problems Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." I ve searched and searched for all three but nothing has worked yet so I thought I Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." would post on here I noticed a yellow circle with a quot quot in the middle of the yellow circle under device manager of her Display adapters Video Controller VGA Compatible quot In the system tray it says quot Found New Hardware ATI Radeon Xpress Series quot So I went to Gateway website to get the specific drivers for my M-in-law s GT e Os XP and their was a chip driver for the ATI Radeon Xpress Series so I downloaded it amp extracted the files into Cabs like the instructions said to and now I am getting the error message quot Severe - Setup was unable Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." to complete the installation Try to set up your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot So I closed that window and a new window popped up saying quot The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize because no ATI driver is installed or ATI driver is not working properly The ATI Control Panel will now exit quot Any suggestions would be appreciated to how amp where do I fix this nbsp

A:Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..."

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

The subforum you posted in is for new member introductions only, so I have moved your thread to the relevant forum so others can best assist you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hello-everyone-error-message-the-ati-control-panel-failed-to-initialize.170409/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi, sorry to be annoying with this again, but I spent 3 hours trying everything I could possibly find on the internet to no avail.
I've set up a static IP at 192.168.1.101, set Azureus to listen at TCP/UDP ports 53981 then went into my router and set up port forwarding with the aforementioned details. While I was browsing through that i noticed that Azureus works with the UPnP feature of the router, it even notified me itself that it established the connection.

However, when I use the NAT testing feature in Azureus (Vuze) it still says connection refused. Internet port checkers with the port 53981 still say the port is closed too. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: also disabled my software firewall, no help there either.

A:NAT error with Azureus even though UPnP works

get a command prompt and enter netstat -an ; the results are shown below
If your program is active, then the second column will contain 0.0.0.0:53981

Code:
Active Connections

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State
TCP 0.0.0.0:135 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:445 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:1028 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:3389 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:8019 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:44334 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:44501 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:1025 127.0.0.1:44334 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1028 127.0.0.1:1030 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1030 127.0.0.1:1028 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1031 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:1039 127.0.0.1:1040 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1040 127.0.0.1:1039 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1041 127.0.0.1:1042 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1042 127.0.0.1:1041 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:4785 127.0.0.1:4786 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:4786 127.0.0.1:4785 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:4787 127.0.0.1:4788 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:4788 127.0.0.1:4787 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:12080 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:12110 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:12143 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:12993 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:12995 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:19989 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:44334 127.0.0.1:1025 ESTABLISHED
TCP 192.168.0.4:139 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 192.168.0.4:4945 74.125.53.113:80 TIME_WAIT
UDP 0.0.0.0:445 *:*
UDP 0.0.0.0:1026 *:*
UDP 0.0.0.0:1029 *:*
UDP 0.0.0.0:4987 *:*
UDP 0.0.0.0:44334 *:*
UDP 127.0.0.1:123 *:*
UDP 192.168.0.4:123 *:*
UDP 192.168.0.4:137 *:*
UDP 192.168.0.4:138 *:*

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nat-error-with-azureus-even-though-upnp-works.169895/
Relevancy 42.14%

Okay here is the story My laptop has a ton of valuable information on it recently my Norton protection ran out and was unable to renew it Well somebody hacked my system and now I have a ton of viruses trojans and malware So I was still able to use my Copy to drive external profile user entire hard PC for internet usage and my music still played in Windows Media Player So all in all my laptop still worked Now today I go to turn on my laptop and it will not boot up at all I can t even system restore or repair it with windows repair However I do need to back up my files and since my hard drive is what is wrong in the first place I think it might be better instead of copying the entire hard drive to my terabyte external hard drive if it would make more sense just to copy my entire user profile onto my external I am wondering if this is possible i have heard of LiveCD s and Parted Magic from this forum But I am wondering if I can just back up all of my files that way If I can back up all of my files like that I might save money instead of taking to a repairman and just fix it myself So is it possible to copy and back-up the entire user profile of a laptop that will not boot up to an external hard drive Basically I want to copy the entire contents of my User Profile on Vista onto an external drive so I can use my reboot CD to reboot my laptop without losing any of my files and folders or Copy entire user profile to external hard drive anything for that Copy entire user profile to external hard drive matter I figure the best way to do that would be to copy the user profile so all the contents of that profile would go onto my external Then I reboot my computer and put Copy entire user profile to external hard drive the User Profile back on Simple nbsp

A:Copy entire user profile to external hard drive

Have you tried a repair install? If that is possible that will leave your files intact.. It is a good idea to back on a regular basis anyway.

The other possibility is connecting your hard drive as a slave drive on another pc.

If the repair install is not possible there are a number of ways using boot cd's to access your data.

Here is one solution that is free and should do what you want
http://www.paragon-software.com/home/rk-express/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/copy-entire-user-profile-to-external-hard-drive.169549/
Relevancy 24.51%

I was trying to backup some files by putting them on a memory stick and saving them onto another pc but the memory stick only works with the vista machine. in the past it did work with with does the fact that it has hardly no space on it have anything to do with that.

Thanks for any help

A:USB memory stick works on Vista but not on XP

Hi

no.. space or remaining space is irrelevant.

what happens when you plug in the stick to the XP machine, does it see it, make any noises, etc
have you tried another USB device in the machine such as a camera, printer or webcam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-memory-stick-works-on-vista-but-not-on-xp.165882/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello everybody I am trying to build my first PC and I encountered some problems Any help is greatly appreciated Hardware CASE PSU iCAN PE- Mid ATX Case with W Power Supply CPU AMD Phenom II X Black Edition W Quad Core Socket AM GHz Mb Cache MHz HT nm HDZ FBGMBOX MOBO Gigabyte GA-MA LMT-S Socket AM AMD G SB Chipset ATI Radeon HD Graphics Dual-Channel DDR Mhz - Channel HD Audio Gigabit LAN x SATA Gb s x USB Micro fan LED nothing CPU New + works else powers build, up, ATX RAM G-Skill GB DDR MHz sticks of ram so GB total VIDEO Asus EAH SILENT DI GD LP ATI Radeon HD Chipset MHz GB Mhz GDDR Dual Display DVI HDMI D-Sub PCI-Express New build, CPU fan + LED powers up, nothing else works Graphics Card Problem Computer powers up CPU fans spin HDD and CD drives both power up Monitor is a blank screen and power light on the monitor keeps flashing like its sleeping Also there are no beeps What I tried - Made sure motherboard was sitting on pegs properly no short anywhere - Removed the RAM no beeps - Removed the CMOS battery and put it back in no luck - Reseated processor checked for bent pins - Monitor VGA cable works using it right now - Removed Video card and I m using on board VGA now At this point I am fresh out of ideas and I really dont want to think the motherboard or CPU is fried Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thank you to all responders in advance nbsp

A:New build, CPU fan + LED powers up, nothing else works

The thing that really sticks out for me is your power supply. If this came with the case be aware that with few exceptions most are junk. And with your hardware list I am highly doubtful you have enough power.

Utilize the following: http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

Also, did you disable the onboard video in your BIOS since you have a video card installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-cpu-fan-led-powers-up-nothing-else-works.164546/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi fellow service unknown status start failed or the Connection to dependency group computer junkies I can see a multitude of difficulties have been overcome by your group effort I hope you ve got another fix up your sleeves My laptop is years old HP COMPAQ C Notebook PC Vista Home Premium purchased with Intel Pentium Dual CPU T Ghz GB RAM bit OS My internet connection is normally T-Mobile USB Internet card Also connect WiFi with built in card Local Disk C NTFS GB Free GB Presario RP Disk D GB Free GB Pc tools spyware doctor w Antivirus Malwarebytes The first indication of a problem began with announcement that new Connection status unknown the dependency service or group failed to start hardware had been found Knowing that I had installed nothing I blocked the new hardware attempt to connect Next day I found I could not reach the internet using T-mobile Among other things Windows Defender and Firewall were not operating I got a message quot Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to System Event Connection status unknown the dependency service or group failed to start Notification Service This problem prevents limited users from logon on to the system As an administrator user you can review the system Event Log for details about why the service didn t respond quot Of course upon investigating I found I could not open Event Notification log Normally at a time like this I would reach for System Restore But I was informed no restore points were available With help from Brother-in-law Larry and using desktop with the T-mobile connection I was able to get online to find the fix to the problem I started in Safe Mode Clicked start search cmd right click ran as administrator typed quot netsh winsock reset quot enter and restarted Also ran sfc scannow That got rid of that problem Was then able to see Event Notification log But now new error quot Connection status unknown The dependency group failed to start quot I right clicked on that message got option to Diagnose and Repair Got message Network Diagnostics cannot run because Diagnostics Policy service is not running Clicked to open Service Control Manager SCM is in Management Console This opened Local Services which shows full pages of application descriptions status startup type and log on as I found Diagnostic Policy Service Properties set to startup automatic but service status is stopped I clicked start result was Error Access is denied Many other items are in same state When start attempted on some other applications Error was received also Some applications gave Error quot The dependency service or group failed to start I don t know if this is important but After being allowed to view Event Notification Log I looked at Security log which had as earliest date that was days ago Today the earliest date is I noticed several entries throughout from oldest to newest dates the entries were quot Special Logon quot with Special Privileges assigned to new logon On the oldest one it seemed to be given privileges which included among others I can t remember assign Primary token privilege Security Privilege Audit Privilege take ownership privilege TCB privilege load driver privilege backup privilege restore privilege debug privilege system environment privilege and Impersonate Privilege That s it for now bout all I know Send help please Bill Ellison nbsp

A:Connection status unknown the dependency service or group failed to start

Shot in the Dark

Have you tried running MalwareBytes in safe mode? Do you have an antivirus on your computer? Sometimes Virus' know MBAM so you may want to change the name of the program before you run it.

My Computer Lady

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-status-unknown-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.164058/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,

I have a lynksis wrt400n wireless router. I noticed today that there is a user named 'scotty-PC' in my network.

I do have it password protected.

I'm thinking the easiest way would be to shut off the wireless if that is possible. My wife and I are both hardwired into the router anyways.

How do I go about shutting off the wireless signal from the router?

Thank you in advance!

A:Need help with unknown user in my network

use your browser to reconfig the router - - use the IP address 193.168.1.1 as a URL
login: leave user name empty, password is admin
(obviously this needs to be changed too - - read on)

the Users Guide is here

Option one would be to DISABLE the radio - - read thru to find that

Option two would be to use WiFi Mac Filtering; -- pg 14
This option will allows ONLY defined systems access, so set a dummy, like the MAC
address of your wired NIC

Before you quit, DISABLE remote management on port 8080
and CHANGE that admin password

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-unknown-user-in-my-network.164009/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have an IBM T41 XP SP2 that was connecting fine then connected for 5 min or so and had to reboot to get back on line. Now it wont connect at all unless in safe mode. Have 2 other computers in the house that work fine one is wired one is wireless. The one having issues will not work wired or wireless. Have tried adware virus scan search and destroy, and malware. Still no go. Thanks in advance.

Attached is my Hijack this log

A:Internet only works in safe mode

What were you doing that required you to reboot? A possible software installation or update that may have knocked the ethernet and wifi drivers out of wack.

have you checked your tcp/ip settings? are you getting an ip at all? is it set to dhcp or set to static ip?

Also when you open your browser in the network settings. It could be possible that theres a proxy ip in the settings. This can be caused by adware and spyware. Though you said scans came up clean, its still worth to check.

What browser are you running? Internet explorer, firefox, google chrome?

Also what antivirus/firewall software are you running.

I do see black ice in the hijackthis log.

Also have you checked device manager to see if there are any driver issues with the Ethernet card or wireless card? I highly doubt this is a driver issue. Not to often do i see both wired and wireless drivers go bad. But i have very rarely seen a computer lose all its drivers due to a virus.

Hijack this log really didnt really show me much that could cause the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-works-in-safe-mode.161632/
Relevancy 24.51%

I upgraded video card from a 5850 to a 6970. I get nothing but blue screen indicating a hardware problem. I tried to "fix" the problem numerous times but could not. I put the 5850 back in and everything is running smoothly.

FYI, I did make sure the correct driver was installed for each card.

I'm not sure why the 6970 would be causing my machine to blue screen.

I have a Gigabyte P55A UD3 board and an 850W Corsair modular PSU.

A:Motherboard works with ATI 5850 but not 6970

6970 is a fairly hefty graphics card, make sure your power supply is up to the job.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-works-with-ati-5850-but-not-6970.161505/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have looked everywhere for a solution for this problem I have I ve even gone to other forums to ask around and no one knows anything about this issue or how to fix it My system is an HP Sound works one with time window a at Pavillion Sound works with one window at a time dv notebook Intel R core TM Duo PC p GHz As far as my sound goes I have IDT High Definition Audio Codec NVIDIA High Definetion Audio Here s my issue My sound works when I have one browser open at a time I can watch netflix hulu youtube anything that has sound For only the first browser I have open However when I have multiple browsers open the sound won t work on the nd one Here are a few examples I used to play World of Warcraft If I logged on ventrilo and then WoW I would have sound for vent only If I logged onto WoW first and then vent my vent would have no sound I currently play league of legends The interface is in one browser and when a game starts it opens in a separate window Most of the time I have no sound when I am playing League I ve done almost everything I can think of to try to get sound to work I ve worked with computers for years and I am currently working on my A This seriously has me stumped Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Sound works with one window at a time

Which version of Windows are you running? and what Service Pack level? Are you current with all Windows Updates?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-works-with-one-window-at-a-time.161186/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi, i have the same problem as this guy had: (3w).techspot.com/vb/topic62237.html i realy need to solve this problem it would be very nice if someone show me the way to do that

A:Any solutions after 5 years?

Would be best if you describe your problem along with details on your system specifications, very difficult to diagnose a problem without more specific information.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-solutions-after-5-years.160357/
Relevancy 24.51%

The *****s in my building keep pointing the antennas down the hall toward their rooms not realizing that they are decreasing their signal strength. I know that the signal comes out of the sides of the omni-directional antennas on the router, but no matter how many times i fix them someone comes behind me a messes it up. I need a simple clear picture that explains how this is a bad thing. I know someone here has seen such a thing. And yes I googled it to no avail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-picture-of-how-a-wifi-antenna-works.160176/
Relevancy 24.51%

i have uninstalled my norton and turned off every firewall i could find,turned addons off turned them on....can anyone help?

A:Internet only works in safe mode

Define Internet? Your internet browser or your connection?
Type:
Ping www.google.com
into command promt and see if you get ping replies.
If you do, it means you have internet but your browser doesn't, so it's either set up incorrectly or something (a crash?) caused something to be damaged. Try either reinstalling your browser or trying a new browser.

If you don't get ping replies, and you're not connected to the internet at all, that means that something that runs in normal mode (that doesn't in safe mode) is blocking your internet, or causing your connection settings to change. If your connection settings are all correct, then it may be a malicious program? I'm just guessing I dont know much in this field, but I would advise scanning for viruses and see what happens.

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-works-in-safe-mode.159811/
Relevancy 43.43%

I ll try to shorten this some I was having some problems that I determined were either caused by the hard drive corrupted WinXP Media Version or my RAM I ran MEM Test user paste Can't switch copy can't and and it failed so I replaced the RAM with one G Can't switch user can't copy and paste stick That solved several issues I still had an issue with switching users I had the computer set up for users with myself as the admin My partition is that what it s called works just fine but if I log into one of the other three it will not allow shutdown restart log off or change user It forces me to do a hard shutdown I decided that my OS may be corrupted so I took the opportunity to install a bigger faster HD and installed WinXP Pro The problem did not go away This doesn t make sense to me What else could cause this I also have a new problem Sometimes the copy and paste feature will just quit working It seems to copy but then the Paste will not quot light up quot when I right click in the program I want to use Could this be driver related nbsp

A:Can't switch user can't copy and paste

It's possible that the group policy is keeping the regular users from doing things like log off, or shutdown. You may want to check what the settings are or put all those users into a single group and give them the proper permissions to do whatever you want.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-switch-user-cant-copy-and-paste.159642/
Relevancy 23.65%

Bit of a weird problem i try to send a file to my computer less than about 300kb it transfers fine any larger it fails. I try sending it through MyPhoneExplorer, it transfers all of it but my point is I some times need files from other people not just my own phone. Any ideas? I am on windows 7 home premieum 64 bit i do have a uknown device listed as "bluetooth peripheral device" with that yellow triangle.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-file-transfer-failed.159627/
Relevancy 24.51%

My Seasonic S12 E+ 650W PSU failed suddenly this morning without warning with smoke sending the UPS into overload mode. After removing the supply and plugging into wall outlet it blew the circuit breaker as soon as I turned it on. It's two years old with a five year warranty.

1. Anyone had this happen?
2. What are the possibilities of damage to devices connected to the output?
3. Anyone dealt with the Seasonic RMA system? What is the turn around time?

A:Seasonic PSU failed big

I've never had a PSU bigger than 430 watts, and never had one go up in smoke. Since that's just my individual experience, I can't adequately answer for "anyone". Sorry

There's at least a 50/50 chance of the board or such being damaged, since what you're describing is a catastrophic failure. I'm sure that a big Seasonic PSU has circuit protection in place, just hope it didn't either break, or fail to kick in in time. And we're both aware that you won't know until you substitute another PSU anyway. A rhetorical question maybe?

This is a wild guess, but it would likely take at least a month round trip for an adjustment under warranty. Part of that is dependent on if you're shipping coast to coast, or fifty miles away. That could add, up to six days to the total.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seasonic-psu-failed-big.158716/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey guys,
I have an HP pavilion dv2915nr laptop and I broke the screen so I removed that and hooked it up to a spare monitor.
Everything was going great until I accidentally knocked out the video cable when I was using the computer and now, every time I turn on the computer, the display shows there's no signal right after the windows loading screen. It'll only work in safe mode or if I uninstall the display adapter driver.
I don't really know what happened - I hope I don't have to replace the graphics card or anything. Please help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-only-works-in-safe-mode-when-the-driver-is-uninstalled.159090/
Relevancy 23.65%

Ok so his power turned off randomly in his house because of some faulty kitchen appliance.

His computer started in safe mode and he thought it was broken so he started messing with services/startup.

Now he has no internet because in the network connections folder it says windows can't display any adapters and he doesn't know what he's done.

His internet in the house is still working because he has access on his blackberry it's just purely the access on his computer.

I'm nowhere near him and I'm on W7 not XP like he is and I can't really fix his problem but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what he might have done?

In services I told him to check that Network Connections 'Netman' service was on but don't know what else to say.

Thanks for any help you can provide guys!

A:Friend's Internet failed - possible setting in Windows?

Try System Restore to a point before the power problem. If that doesn't help, try uninstalling the old LAN/NIC driver through Add or Remove Programs and installing a fresh new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/friends-internet-failed-possible-setting-in-windows.158972/
Relevancy 24.51%

hello my name is kim and i am having major problems trying to play my sims games i keep Failed message getting a failed msg about direct x c blah blah blah so anyway i have jus upgraded to windows which comes with direct x so i am trying to figure out what the problem is i have read all the post on this website regarding the problem and have downloaded and followed every step i possibly can if someone can please help me fix this problem that i have never come across that would be great here is my computer info someSystem Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name ARICKIM-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Compaq Presario System Model PC A-ABA SR WM NA BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D Failed message retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Manufacturer Standard display types Chip type Intel r G GL GE GV Graphics Chip Accelerated VGA BIOS DAC type Failed message bit Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory n a Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model Monitor Id Native Mode Output Type Driver Name vga Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E - - CF-D -C AADC CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name Unknown Rank Of Driver Unknown Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Speakers Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RTKVAC SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Realtek Digital Output Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RTKVAC SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description Microphone Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Capture Yes Default Voice Capture No Driver Name RTKVAC SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x Format Flags xFFFFF Description Line In Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Capture No Default Voice Capture No Driver Name RTKVAC SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x Format... Read more

A:Failed message

Wow thats alot of system stats, but I'm gonna go for the obvious unfortunately, am I right in saying that Sims 2 is for an older operating system than Windows 7? if so, try compatability mode. I had a similar problem with an older version of a codec being needed, yet I had a newer one, and it wouldnt run the game. As soon as I ticked compatability mode and selected the OS the game was meant for, the games run perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-message.158088/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello all I recently picked up a Gateway E which has the slim case I know its old but it was free I did purchase a new HDD for it as well as a DVD-burner Other than that it already had GB of memory and a slim MicroATX Gateway solutions for a Cooling Series - case E GHz M Pentium processor I would really like to use it but it is VERY loud I don t see how someone could work with Cooling solutions for a MicroATX slim case - Gateway E Series it on their desk annoys the Cooling solutions for a MicroATX slim case - Gateway E Series heck out of me I removed the heat sink cleaned off the old grease and blew out all the dust Cooling solutions for a MicroATX slim case - Gateway E Series and reinstalled with new grease This seemed to help a little but not very much At idle the processor temp hovers around C is that normal for this processor The fan speed depends on the case temperature or processor temp so when it gets warm the fan is really turning up to rpm I saw Its not really the fan itself that is making noise but its the air flowing through the case fan that makes it sound like a jet engine Are there any suggestions I really don t want to put any more money into it but I was thinking about just getting a different case This would require me to buy a new PSU and heatsink fan also Having the slim case is not a big deal to me Thanks nbsp

A:Cooling solutions for a MicroATX slim case - Gateway E Series

No, 60C at idle isn't normal. You were on the right track with changing the case. Most of my CPUs run in the neighborhood of 35 to 40C at idle. (The exception is my Prescott P-4 in an Emachines T-5026, which ATM, is 53C under light load). I haven't seen 60c since the last 100 degree day in my non air conditioned house

I'm curious about the CPU, you've included everything except the actual part number.

You should also investigate to verify that your motherboard is an actual mATX form factor, so that it would mount correctly in a standard case.

One quick question, were the temps that high before you remounted the HSF?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooling-solutions-for-a-microatx-slim-case-gateway-e-series.156770/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey guys,

Windows Vista 32-bit
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core processor 6400 +
2gb ram
Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT

So I went to Nvidia and downloaded the latest driver, at the time it was 260.89 I believe and it failed, and so does the most current driver (260.99). But when I tried to download it my first time (260.89), it totally changed everything:

1. Now I can't play ANY games because it gives me error messages like "Unable to initialize renderer"
2. DxDiag only shows "N/A" next to basically everything under the Display tab.
3. The sleep option is now grayed out

Whenever I try to download the drivers again the Graphics Driver installation always fails.

So what the hell happened? Does anyone know how to fix this?

A:Nvidia 260.99 graphics driver install failed

Hi Nohone welcome to Techspot,

have you tried doing a rollback on the graphics card? this will hopefully revert your drivers back to the origional setup. You can do this from the hardware setup OR via system restore and re-set your computer BACK to a date before you installed the drivers. This wont effect your personal files but MAY effect any new software you may have installed.

Also make sure you ahve downloaded the correct drivers for it i.e. the VISTA-32 bit drivers instead of the VISTA-64 bit drivers.

A link for the latest driver for your graphics card can be found here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-32bit-260.99-whql-driver.html

Hope this helps
James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-260-99-graphics-driver-install-failed.155574/
Relevancy 23.65%

I just bought this re-conditioned emachine from tigerdirect.com and it has worked great...till about a week or so ago the monitor will not come on. i tried another monitor and nothing happened, and i put both monitors on older computer and worked just fine. i figured it is the onboard graphics card but i do not know what graphics card to buy that will fit and work properly. i have found some on ebay but do not know if they are compatible. I dont need anything super fast just want it to work same as the old one. It says it has NVIDIA GeForce 7050 Integrated. Thank you

A:Emachines ET1831-01 graphics failed

Looking at the newegg page for that item ( Emachines ET1831-01 ) it seems it has a PCI-Express x16 slot open.

So, any PCI-Express card would work, such as:
HD3450

Which is a decent card for regular stuff the 7050 would've taken care of, plus it'll do a decent job on video.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-et1831-01-graphics-failed.155230/