Windows Support Forum

Admin User Error5. CMD solutions failed. New User with ADMIN works

Q: Admin User Error5. CMD solutions failed. New User with ADMIN works

Thank you!

I am admin ( WIN 7 Pro 64 computer 4 years old): In admin user default account, any and ALL open, and .exe functions denied.

CMD right click 'run as admin' (net user admin etc.) has no effect. Checking all folders I show FULL permission. Right click 'run as admin' has no effect on any file.

Created new USER with ADMIN functions and all works in that account.

Q: How can I trouble shoot my normal ADMIN account (it has all of my 1000s of folders, programs etc.)
Q: Or how can I transfer all of my doc to my new user internally? (Without backup to external drive etc)

This happened after a Microsoft standard update weeks ago. I tried restore, but restore fails. By now I have done much on the computer and restore not an option.
I have not been able to open or run any program files.

Any help I would be grateful!

TF

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Admin User Error5. CMD solutions failed. New User with ADMIN works

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Admin User Error5. CMD solutions failed. New User with ADMIN works

Wow. 2 days and not a single suggestion or reply?

Is this a really a simple common error? Is that why no replies? Or is there no help for it?

I searched the forums for hours over 2 days reading multiple posts and possible solutions and came up empty. Nothing applicable to my situation.

I have tried:
1. System restore. It always fails, even in SAFE mode or REPAIR mode.
2. Run as administrator (Both from right click and from CMD)
3. Sharing all folders (Although this ADMIN account has all privileges/permissions as it is anyway)
This created a 2nd ADMIN account. Don't know why.
4. Reset all privileges back to default settings.

Have not tried to re-install windows as I don't have a copy of Win 7. Plus I would like to avoid the reality of reinstalling so many programs and files.

Right now when the Original Admin user tries to run a .exe, I get a "Setup was unable to create the directory "...etc..." Error 5 access denied.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. It would at least get me moving trying some things. Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302806-admin-user-error5-cmd-solutions-failed-new-user-admin-works.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I have created two new user accounts. The first I set up as a standard account, logged on, did a few things, then logged off, logged on as my administrator account and editted the account to be an administrator. When I log back on as this account, it appears that the user still does not have administrator privileges even though under the user it says "Administrator". For example, the UAC control does not appear when you click on "Change User Account Control Settings". Also, trying to install software where the installer asks for admin privileges fails. However, the second account created started as an adminstrator account and exhibits neither of these problems.

I just haven't seen anything in posts about this and wonder what the difference is and if there is anything that "second class" administrator user can do to become a "first class" administrator.

A:New admin user acting differently than standard user changed to admin

Quote:
For example, the UAC control does not appear when you click on "Change User Account Control Settings". Also, trying to install software where the installer asks for admin privileges fails.

Does UAC control display a confirmation question? this is the case for administrator accounts
Does UAC control ask for username/password? This is the case for standard accounts
Change the account back (just for testing) to standard account. Does it ask for username/password when changing system settings?
system built-in admin account has admin rights always
manually made account with admin rights has only admin rights after you allow it in the UAC control popup.
manually made account without admin rights has only admin rights after you allow it in the UAC control popup (enter a admin's username and password).
That's how it should work

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/203736-new-admin-user-acting-differently-than-standard-user-changed-admin.html
Relevancy 92.38%

Hi,

I am new user to the Windows Vista Home premium. My laptop is being shared with some family children. I given them the Standard User Account and applied various security policies regarding their computer usage.

But I need help regarding the following:-
1. How can I restrict a Standard User from using Removable Media like CD, DVD, USB.
2. How can I disable "Delete Browsing History" or "Internet Options" for the internet explorer for a standard user.

Kindly help me in this regard ASAP. I have searched on net but nothing fruitful can be done even on changing Registry.

Regards,
Raj Kumar Arora

A:Some Solutions for an Admin to control user access permissions

All of these apply to all users.
The Only way to do it is to disable the optical drive/usb under device manager, and disable internet options/menu options (User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Browser menus) .

This has to be done through the admin account/ and will affect ALL accounts. This would be a tedious task to perform every time the admin/standard user wanted to log on/off. You would be better off dual booting two Operating Systems- and letting the kids use the newly added restricted one.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/182129-some-solutions-admin-control-user-access-permissions.html
Relevancy 87.42%

Admin account worked fine on Monday.  The kid used her (non-admin) account in the meantime.  Now it won't log into the admin account - "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."  I've read a few other boards on this issue, so I am now doing a thorough virus scan and will include results as soon as they're available.  But I am not confident about moving forward with any of the paths I've seen laid out, and some of them don't apply if you can't access the admin account anyway, so I wanted to start a thread here (I've gotten fabulous help here several times before).  It's running Vista Home Premium SP2.  AVG 2013 Internet Security.  Can't think what other specs may be relevant, but am happy to provide whatever would be of use.  Thanks!!

A:User Profile svc failed logon. User profile can't be loaded." on admin acct.

I got the same message when attempting to login on Windows 7, after no previous problems or changes before shutdown the night before. It continued to loop back to the logon screen even after rebooting. I ended up having to log on in Safe Mode, then do a system restore to restore back to the last restore point, which was a system checkpoint a couple of days earlier. That fixed it, and I've had no problems since. I hope that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515804/user-profile-svc-failed-logon-user-profile-cant-be-loaded-on-admin-acct/
Relevancy 87.42%

Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

Relevancy 84.32%

Hello All I'm delighted No to accounts change /Cannot Admin admin user account existing Access to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account came with Windows On setup i used my No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account microsoft account to login with a pin the account was setup as administrator No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account thinking i could change things later About days later i added a standard user account for my husband with a microsoft account login with pin I wanted to make his the administrator account but thought i had better change mine to a standard account first My mistake Now i cannot change anything i have tried to use the cmd prompt to run as administrator - it asks for administrator permission and does not allow me to enter a password or yes I have tried all suggestions to enable the hidden windows account but all ask for the same permission I have tried to go to setup recovery troubleshoot advanced option system restore - it requests an administrator password and when i entered what i thought is mine it does not work Feeling a little Does anybody know anyway i can go back in time to start again or how do i access administrator rights as i really need to add programs etc Thank you for any help given

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61945-no-admin-access-cannot-change-existing-user-accounts-admin-account.html
Relevancy 83.7%

Hi I m having several issues with my Sony Vaio Profile Lock turned Logon User Failed Admin Out...Help! Windows bit Home Premium Laptop A few days ago upon start-up I received an error message when trying to login to my Admin account My caps were not on and I was entering the correct password Error message - quot User Profile Failed Logon quot I am able to log on to a secondary user account that does not have admin authority so I m basically stuck To make matters worse I did a bunch of shutdowns restarts to see if it would fix itself and now I get quot password incorrect quot error message on Admin acct I do not User Profile Failed Logon turned Admin Lock Out...Help! have any cd s for the pc due User Profile Failed Logon turned Admin Lock Out...Help! to Hurricane Sandy and I don t have another laptop I went to Youtube and found a Safe Mode Registry Fix that was super easy and was going to try it but now that I am no longer receiving the quot User Profile Failed Logon quot and have subsequently locked myself out I m not sure this fix applies I ve read tons of blogs and have visited countless forums and I m afraid to cause any more damage lose access to the secondary user account or the ability to connect to the net I definitely cannot afford to have it serviced and am hoping that I can resolve these issues with your help nbsp

Relevancy 83.39%

For a long time I've had much difficulty understanding the exact difference between the computer administrator and a user whose type is administrator On my system there are two administrators - one known as quot Administrator quot and another with my name Gary or Gary and Susan Each administrator has their own profile I used Windows Professional The distinction doesn't matter to system operation in general With MS Office Professional however it does When I start MS Word or MS Excel as myself for example it won't let me access the help files When I try to a message states quot There is a problem with one Pro work not MS user features All but admin with Admin Office with or more installed help files Please repair your office installation and try again quot I ran the repair program successfully but as myself All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user I can't access the help files When I log in All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user as user quot administrator quot I can but the access is limited I can also access all features of the program in safe mode Yet when I log in as myself I can only access the help files if I run the program as an administrator This perplexes me because my user type is administrator This problem has occurred with other programs from time to time Would someone please help me understand this and is there a workaround I can set the privilege level to administrator which will permit me unrestricted access to the help files but then a dialog box appears every time I start the program which I'd prefer to not see

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/389269-all-ms-office-pro-features-work-admin-but-not-admin-user.html
Relevancy 83.39%

I'm having some issues with my upgrade to win system me Programs asking passwords and for admin user admin Programs that need elevated access are now asking me for both the Sys Admin and my local admin password Of course the sys admin has no password and my local admin does So no matter what I do I get it wrong Earlier today I was trying to reset the tiles in my start menu to default I followed directions I found on the web activated the sys admin account went to the sys admin account the users app data tabletray But I kept getting the error that something quot was already in use quot and I couldn't copy all the files I went ahead Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords and pasted what I had in my local admin and standard user account then I disabled the sys admin account Now some programs icons I installed earlier today have disappeared I have to go to an admin account to gain access and turn them on MSI afterburner And any program that needs Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords admin access I'm not sure if I'm giving it access or it's just starting without admin access Seems like the next time I re-boot or log off I have to do it all over again when a program asks for elevated access it shows sys admin account AND local admin account above the password box Is that normal I could have sworn it only had my local admin account listed before If I have to re-install where do I Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords get the free win upgrade again are those files saved on my pc

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/58127-programs-asking-me-system-admin-user-admin-passwords.html
Relevancy 83.39%

For a long time I've had much difficulty understanding the exact difference between the computer administrator and a user whose type is administrator On my system there are two administrators - one known as quot Administrator quot and another with my name Gary or Gary and Susan Each administrator has their own profile I used Windows Professional The distinction doesn't matter to system operation in general With MS Office Professional however it does When I start MS Word All Office features MS user with but work not admin Admin with Pro or MS Excel as myself for example it won't let me access the help files When I try to a message states quot There is a problem with All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user one All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user or more installed help files Please repair your office installation and try again quot I ran the repair program successfully but as myself I can't access the help files When I log in as user quot administrator quot I can but the access is limited I can also access all features of the program in safe mode Yet when I log in as myself I can only access the help files if I run the program as an administrator This perplexes me because my user type is administrator This problem has occurred with other programs from time to time Would someone please help me understand this and is there a workaround I can set the privilege level to administrator which will permit me unrestricted access to the help files but then a dialog box appears every time I start the program which I'd prefer to not see All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389269-all-ms-office-pro-features-work-admin-but-not-admin-user.html
Relevancy 81.53%

I can't delete a file from the desktop. When I try, it says to get the rights from the specified admin user (which I'm logged on). The strange thing is that I still can create other users from this account (including admins).

Any suggestion on what to do?

A:admin user lost some admin rights

Quote: Originally Posted by Witch

I can't delete a file from the desktop. When I try, it says to get the rights from the specified admin user (which I'm logged on). The strange thing is that I still can create other users from this account (including admins).

Any suggestion on what to do?

Whats the name of the file?
Have you tried deleting it in safe mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194988-admin-user-lost-some-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 81.53%

I admin has My is corrupted PC so Admin user now privileges name NO created an administrator account for MSConway and changed my original account pmconway to user My Admin user name is corrupted so now PC has NO admin privileges Now when I log in to MSConway I get quot The user name or password is corrupted quot At the cmd line I entered quot net users quot and saw that my Admin account is mistakenly named quot Ms Conway quot Also when I use quot net user quot for MSConway that name is not recognized nor is any variation on Ms Conway like quot Ms Conway quot quot Conway quot quot Ms quot quot Ms What can I do I really want to upgrade to Windows but I'm stuck with no Admin account Also my Windows DVD came with my refurbished HP and says quot Intended for distribution with a refurbished PC quot When I boot from that DVD I don't get an option to reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows so I'm wondering if I can even do a clean install with this type of Windows DVD Can I I'd really appreciate any suggestions Thanks a lot Trish

A:My Admin user name is corrupted so now PC has NO admin privileges

See Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable about enabling the built-in admin account. Once you get it set up I would take a system image with third party software (aomei, eg) so you have a fallback.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/377115-my-admin-user-name-corrupted-so-now-pc-has-no-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 111.37%

So a new box recently built, when booted, defaults to the local administrator account.

This is a Windows 7 machine for a Linux guru that doesn't want to be bothered pressing more buttons than is necessary, if you get my drift.

So my question is, after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del...how do I dictate to Windows that the preferred used is "HisDomainAccount" on our company domain, as opposed to the local admin account?

If I'm not being clear, please let me know and I will try to explain a little better.

A:Strange Defult Login User Prompt - Local Admin, Not Domain User

Quote: Originally Posted by Norwood

So a new box recently built, when booted, defaults to the local administrator account.

This is a Windows 7 machine for a Linux guru that doesn't want to be bothered pressing more buttons than is necessary, if you get my drift.

So my question is, after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del...how do I dictate to Windows that the preferred used is "HisDomainAccount" on our company domain, as opposed to the local admin account?

If I'm not being clear, please let me know and I will try to explain a little better.

The above is a bit confusing. Is this computer joined to a work domain or is it not?

If this is a domain computer, the user will have to use the classic log on screen (Ctrl+Alt+Delete), not the Welcome Screen. If he wants to switch to logging in to the Local computer account and not the domain, he'll have to "Switch User" then log in with the format of Computername\User Name

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208916-strange-defult-login-user-prompt-local-admin-not-domain-user.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Hello I'm looking for a way to give a user admin permissions for his regular AD account on his computer Example he is logged on as a regular user but needs to install software I want to give him admin permissions until reboot or some other point in time after which he loses his permissions again and of to dynamically user user logonid give permissions admin group administrators to Adding has to ask again Adding logonid of user to administrators group to dynamically give user admin permissions I know giving admin access to users is a bad Adding logonid of user to administrators group to dynamically give user admin permissions idea and all but that's how it goes with quot whoami logonid quot I get an ID that I can add to the administrators group by code like this objUser ADSI quot WinNT id quot objGroup ADSI quot WinNT computer Administrators quot To my amazement this works now the user can enter his own credentials in a UAC box and get admin access After a reboot logon this ID changes so he would need to ask admin permissions again It's possible to ask the user for a motivation and log this and to also clean up the administrators group at a given interval or at boot as well as check if a user is allowed to elevate his rights on this computer Of course once a user has admin rights he can circumvent all this but that's something we have to live with What's most important is dat not just anyone can elevate his rights I'm looking for opinions on this way of working Anyone have experience with this mechanism Is it reliable and secure as far as giving admin rights to a user can be secure I may be missing something

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/35ba1083-1de8-4ced-9567-20d19ce23fa6/adding-logonid-of-user-to-administrators-group-to-dynamically-give-user-admin-permissions?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 110.94%

Hello

Interestingly on boot up I see "another user" but the picture is blank, with a frame around it (I can see through it to the boot wallpaper that I have changed to prove) ..

Who is another user?

Please help as I have been on the 2 days now

A:Created admin User but can see on 'Switch User" cntrl/alt/del

Sorry to bump but things have changed somewhat, and yes could start a new topic but will try the edit function as I am not here often. I see 110 views and that's promising

Please advise who is this "another user" icon/picture is blank, with a frame around it (I can see through it to the boot wallpaper that I have changed to prove) .. on control /alt/ delete.

I now have admin rights back (previous problem) but this "another user" can't be found anywhere (I know of) except at login. I am stumped..

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/243941-created-admin-user-but-can-see-switch-user-cntrl-alt-del.html
Relevancy 110.94%

I tried to google this and it seems neither is possible but I wanted to hear the truths from the horses mouth I have a Win Pro x computer with users who boths needs to be able this really is a must install software on the computer but they can't have access to each other's private folders user folder Basically I see theoretical options a make standard user accounts and give these accounts the right to install software Is this possible and if yes how b make admin user accounts and prevent them from accessing to each other's user folder I can user user or something prevent Installing standard an admin to rights do this but not in a way that doesn't mess with windows basically I would encrypt the Installing rights to standard user or prevent an admin user something file but then windows wouldn't be able to use the folder like it is built to use it and I'm pretty sure this would cause problems Is there another way to do this which doesn't cause problems with windows Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help

A:Installing rights to standard user or prevent an admin user something

a) This may be possible in theory but it would not be easy. Don't go there.
b) All administrators are equal. Any restrictions you impose can be undone by another.
The only practical way to do what you want is to encrypt the users folders. Windows doesn't care about user folders so that is not an issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302090-installing-rights-standard-user-prevent-admin-user-something.html
Relevancy 109.65%

Hey guys After spending most of and - Family user management User groups Admin PC on [W7] the day trying to get my head around user management and getting nowhere I'm asking for help I've built a PC and freshly installed windows on a computer for my girlfriends family I want one normal-user password protected account at the [W7] User management on Family PC - Admin and user groups welcome screen but I want them to be able to use administrator rights when necessary The default profile created during instillation lets call it User has administrator powers User has only user rights and of course there is disabled hidden [W7] User management on Family PC - Admin and user groups Administrator account with elevated admin rights When I tried to configure this last time by hiding User and Admin I ended locking myself out of all admin access and therefore couldn't change [W7] User management on Family PC - Admin and user groups passwords re enable or login to UAC I had to system restore to get back to working configuration Can anyone tell me how to create a system that shows only one login for a normal user but can then access administrator options via UAC If I disable User in additon to having Admin disabled I'm sure I will just get locked out of admin access again If I delete User and keep admin disabled will User be able to use admin privileges - or will it lead to again I'm probably missing something very simple but i just can't see a way to do this with having only one login visible on the welcome screen without the one login being User with admin rights Thankyou

A:[W7] User management on Family PC - Admin and user groups

In Vista and Windows Seven the default account in the Administrator group that is created, is roughly equivalent to the Operators Group that was extant in NT Server 4. You could do things like install programs, register COM dlls etc.. but you could not delete system files.

I think it's a pretty good compromise.
But then again I turn UAC off altogether. So maybe I can't be trusted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/303848-w7-user-management-family-pc-admin-user-groups.html
Relevancy 109.65%

I have been using an unelevated admin user account since installing win 8.1 pro and I've been having problems constantly (UAC nagging me, access denied when trying to kill processes and so on) and I decided I want to use the elevated admin account as my main. I understand security risks and convenience is more important to me as I don't have any sensitive information on my laptop. I was wondering if I can merge the user account I used until now, which has all my app settings, with the elevated admin user account and use that one from now on.

A:How do I transfer main user to Elevated Admin user?

Nope.

It is the same a switching from any other account to a different one except that as you'll not be able to use the Store apps using the built in Administrator account you don't even get to use the OneDrive synching of settings.

Sorry about that.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/53983-how-do-i-transfer-main-user-elevated-admin-user.html
Relevancy 109.65%

My 2nd wife has a Toshiba Win7 Pro, 64 bit, Satellite notebook, never in a domain. I originally set her up as Admin with no additional users. We want to change or hide her account while adding new admin account before sending/giving pc to my son who would not accept it with her info obviously on the machine. I'm worried about losing losing Win7 Pro[anytime uprade] functionality & Adobe Acrobat9 std & Office 2010 when I make changes? Can I safely do this? I can do have image bkups if I need to revert from changes.

A:Renaming Win 7 Pro admin [only user] or adding new user & hiding 1st.

Don`t rename her account, it will mess things up big time, just create another account and delete hers

He should just re install windows when he gets the pc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357041-renaming-win-7-pro-admin-only-user-adding-new-user-hiding-1st.html
Relevancy 109.22%

My problem is that even though I have only one user account defined on my machine and it is set to "Administrator" it is not being allowed to do admin types of things like deleting folders. I tried to create a user group but that's not an option on the Win7 Home Premium version that I use. How can it be that the sole account is not the admin even though it shows that it is in the account user setup?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3890 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1721 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 424790 MB; E: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 381321 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NALAA
Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Disabled Microsoft Security Essentials in use

A:Admin user has no admin rights?

the actual admin account is hidden and disabled for security reasons,your referring to a account with admin privileges

go into properties for the drive and click on the security tab and check the permissions are enabled for your account

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-user-has-no-admin-rights.1078283/
Relevancy 107.5%

Hi,
I am interested in knowing how to quickly turn an XP Admin user into a limited user while preserving settings, documents, etc.. I know this will involve making a limited user and copying settings over. I have found conflicting info on this including ownership of files issues, etc..
I want to do this as I understand limited users are less vulnerable to malware, etc.. Referring to XP sp3 machines.
Thanks in advance for any insight!
Jim

A:make admin user a limited user

Create another admin account before doing anything.

You can then switch the admin account to a limited user account while logged in as the new administrator.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/make-admin-user-a-limited-user-841817.html
Relevancy 107.5%

Vista x64, added a user--their screen works fine

The taskbar on the admin user is gone?

Help requested to locate/restore to working position?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/204889-add-user-lost-task-bar-admin-user.html
Relevancy 107.5%

I am trying to download Adobe Digital Editions and I keep receiving the error message

Unable to elevate to administrative rights, error 786

I am the admin! I have turned off the password, I have right clicked on the program and chosen 'run as admin'-then nothing happens.
Any help would be appreciated

A:"Unable to elevate to admin rights" error, when admin user

Try this:

Quote:
SOLUTION: download the setup.exe for ADE, not using the flash install version.

Before you run it, right click on it and check "run as administrator" under the compatability tab. Also under the general tab I clicked on "unblock," which might have made a difference.

From a similar issue: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/953278?tstart=0

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/359020-unable-elevate-admin-rights-error-when-admin-user.html
Relevancy 105.78%

So today, the error came up when logging into the admin account. I only have access to Guest account at the moment. Booting up Safe Mode doesn't really help either. So anyone have a solution to this complicated problem..?

A:Admin account error "User Login Service Failed"

See here, see if this helps: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/374392-admin-account-error-user-login-service-failed.html
Relevancy 102.77%

I just user when admin non made Lost Admin account account made a non admin user account on my Dell Inspiron windows xp laptop When I went online to sign in under my account admin it is no longer there My name Penne is there and Lost Admin user account when made non admin account so is my daughters I click on my name put my password in and it takes me to the desktop for my daughter and ALL my stuff is gone PLEASE HELP I have googled this and the only thing Lost Admin user account when made non admin account I am seeing is that you need to sign in under an Admin user account to fix this and get my stuff back THere is Lost Admin user account when made non admin account NO admin user account so how can I get it all back I did the F and went to restore to previous point and that didnt work I know there is a way to go to the restore calendar and find a day that her user account was not on there like last week so this might work but I dont know how to find this PLEASE help as all of my EVERYTHING is on my user account and I am lost without it all have a retreat this weekend and I need all of my sheet music and my songs Thanks so much PENNE nbsp

Relevancy 101.91%

Hello my apologies if this was already discussed but I searched the forum and couldn't find anything As the title states on my laptop vista erased files in my user profile while the other user profiles my gf's and the guest profiles were basically left untouched I use an HP dv series with Vista Ultimate gb ram gb hd and ghz if that helps For starters let me tell you what happened Help!!!!!! Vista admin erased other user user relatively left files, files untouched, As of late I have been using the Power saver option so that the screen brightness is dulled so that I can use it in the dark when everyone's asleep as well as the High performance option when my gf uses it shes addicted to the sims and has pulled me in too Normally I have it on the HP recommended option A few nights ago I was using my laptop and instead of shutting down I hibernated as I usually do because my Vista erased admin user files, other user files left relatively untouched, Help!!!!!! gf is usually still logged in The next morning my gf started up the laptop and the password screen for my profile came up and Vista erased admin user files, other user files left relatively untouched, Help!!!!!! she switched users and logged into hers Then later she hibernated as well and we left to run some errands with a friend When we got back my friend wanted to use the laptop to play online chess yahoo games to be exact so I just put in my password to log into my profile so he could play without any issues if he needed to since my profile is the administrator he wouldnt need me to put in passwords if he had to download or upgrade any software When I came to check up on him I saw that my wallpaper the folders on the desktop as well as my windows sidebar settings were Vista erased admin user files, other user files left relatively untouched, Help!!!!!! all gone At first I thought he signed out and went to the guest profile but that wasn't the case Needless to say I was p ssed and decided to look at it later When I did I noticed that the Documents Pictures Downloads Videos folders were all empty so I signed out and checked the other users To my surprise my gf's as well as the guest profiles were left untouched in fact the website my gf had left up was still there the desktop remained the same and her windows side bar was ok and her Pictures Documents folders etc remained untouched same with the guest profile In addition to my pictures Documents folders etc some the the programs I downloaded were also erased the shortcuts on desktop and program files ie itunes youcam and I also had to reinstall windows media player This is constant throughout the entire laptop The only programs that remained were skype the sims and irfanview although its no on the desktop or program files but when I open a picture file or folder it shows up when I right click Also what I thought was pretty weird was that the recycle bin still had all the crap that I deleted from before so what I did was I restored a video I had downloaded to the downloads folder then did a search for the file name and found it in Downloads in the user folder equivalent in c Documents and Settings users Stephen I'm not sure if that the exact path to the folder but you get the point There I found all of my files excluding the programs erased that were mentioned previously Can someone tell me what happened because I'm confused as h ll and would love to find out the cause so that I can try to prevent it in the future Why was it that the Users folders were still ok and if this were to happen again will these folders retain the stuff that I save from now on and erase the old stuff or will it keep the new and the old or will it just not save any of the new stuff I save Thanks for your time and help and my apologies if I rambled on a bit Stephen

A:Vista erased admin user files, other user files left relatively untouched, Help!!!!!!

hello
I don't know what, how, when or why, what I do know is while your still able you need to make another admin account.
that way (not if ) but when it happens again, it may be worse & you won't be able to do anything without admin privileges...

good luck

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/265128-vista-erased-admin-user-files-other-user-files-left-relatively-untouched-help.html
Relevancy 100.62%

I am trying to create a non admin user account, which I know how to do the simple way, however I have been using the admin user account for a while now however I want to transfer/copy program setting, etc to this knew user account.

so I want to: create a non admin user account which is duplicate of the current existing admin account but from her on to install software etc I install under admin account.

I am using Vista too

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
David Lambie

A:How do I copy existing admin user account to normal user account

I would
> Create the new profile with admin privileges
> Transfer stuff things to the new profile (see here)
> Then remove admin privilege from the new account

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-copy-existing-admin-user-account-to-normal-user-account.146098/
Relevancy 98.47%

Hello guys Here is in Admin by Cannot XP A/C User Add New even the sitution My best freind has a HCL Laptop which he received while doing MBA in Noida His was a restricted a c Now he has finished his course and Cannot Add New User in XP even by Admin A/C had brought it back home to Kolkata He is the sole owner now His lappy name is REHANSINGH He called his Admin in Noida and requested him to give the Admintrator password so that he can create new user one Admin amp the other restricted He got the password and logged on with it But when he created a Admin user lets call it Boss for simplicity and gave the username and domain and specified quot Administrator quot as the a c type but there was an error The user REHANSINGH Boss could not be added to the Administrator group because REHANSINGH Boss does not exist Click to expand The same error prompts if creating a quot Standard Restricted User quot This is annoying as he cant install anything his being restricted a c SInce he is the sole owner now he wants to have complete control over the laptop PS When he opened the User Accounts windows there was one user named quot Administrator quot and the a c type was quot Debugger User quot Now when he wanted to change that to Administrator out comes another error Quote The user could not be added because the following error has occured The specified account name is alrady a member of the local group Click to expand He cant go back to Noida So plz tell me the solution so that a new admin and one restricted user can be created Even they have created a BIOS password so he wont be able to boot into Linux Live OS nbsp

A:Cannot Add New User in XP even by Admin A/C

Try leaving the domain first and switch to workgroup, i'm wondering if the computer is running a roaming profile and is looking to the network for the groups.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-add-new-user-in-xp-even-by-admin-a-c.717258/
Relevancy 98.47%

Just did a fresh install of XP Pro due to overwhelming malware infestation and decided this time to run XP: Admin User vs. two accounts one with admin privileges and one user account with limited permissions Combined with AVG virus protection I figured doing all my installations under admin and general day to day use web surfing etc under the user account might help prevent unauthorized access to my system XP: Admin vs. User Couple of annoying things Prefs set for apps and utilities under admin don t stick in the user account I install an app launch it for the first time set the initial preferences then switch to the user account and I have to do it all over again I understand they re different accounts but some apps ask whether you want to install for quot this user quot or quot all users quot and I figured if it doesn t ask it must be installing for all users Also I sometimes get ownership errors trying to launch programs from either admin or user saying I don t have permission to access that Also copying files into certain directories or from CD to HDD I get denied due to permissions Was this even a good idea doing daily work under User and administrative stuff under Admin and if so what am I doing wrong nbsp

Relevancy 98.47%

I removed my original user name and created another...WELL, all my data, programs, ETC. are gone! Is there any way to get them back?

My new user profile has admin privledges yet I am unable to restore my NAV 360 back-up OR install Acrobat.

B Blake

A:Admin User

go into documents and settings folder, is your old profile still there? If so, you should be able to recover your data.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/admin-user-303960.html
Relevancy 98.47%

hi ive got windows vista home premium 32bit on a zoostorm system,i have a bad habbit for messing around and ive set the asp.net user as the administrator on my p.c(the asp.net user came with the p.c but it never popt up on the login screen)thats left the other 2 users unable to do much without needing the password for asp.net(admin) because their now set on standerd,any help please? i am NOT a vista fan.

A:admin user help

Originally Posted by mat16

hi ive got windows vista home premium 32bit on a zoostorm system,i have a bad habbit for messing around and ive set the asp.net user as the administrator on my p.c(the asp.net user came with the p.c but it never popt up on the login screen)thats left the other 2 users unable to do much without needing the password for asp.net(admin) because their now set on standerd,any help please? i am NOT a vista fan.

do you still have access to the asp.net account?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/257861-admin-user-help.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi, I work for a company that has is using vista home premium. Its a small company, but we just reopened a new office. Now my problem. Someone who used to work here is the Admin on the computer in that office and I have no way to override his password that no one knows. I can only log on as a guest. I have already tried safe mode and the CMD. It brings up the enter new password and then tells me access is denied. Does anyone else no how to override or change this password?

A:Admin user

Hello Kelly, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You will need to reinstall Vista to wipe out the account.

Sorry,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/194699-admin-user.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I only have one "user" account set up on my computer.....when i switched to safe mode the "admin" user option is there, so I clicked on it and low n behold all the setting I had on my computer before I messed it up are there. The problem is once I swich back to reg. mode there is only one user account, how do I get that admin. account as my main account so that I can have all of my orginal settings back before I messed it up?

A:Switching To User Admin.

I'm sorry, but in XP the "Admin" account is only available in Safe Mode (a user account can have admin privileges, but this is not the same as the "Admin" account).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108106/switching-to-user-admin/
Relevancy 97.18%

My ex set up my notebook for me which runs windows 7. He set himself as the administrator and me as a standard user. As he's no longer about how do I switch me to admin instead of him? And no he won't give me his password to do it (I've asked)

A:How do I change admin user?

Hello Princess, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Given your situation, I would recommend to reinstall Windows 7 by doing a factory recovery/restore since it's a notebook. This will give you a fresh start again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/248871-how-do-i-change-admin-user.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi all. I've got a computer in an enterprise environment running XP Pro, off network, offline.

The software manufacturer (Metso) has locked down the computer to log into a user account that has no admin. I can't access any properties, cmd, control panel, etc - nothing but the software designed to run on start up (Metso) and shut down/restart.

I cannot log out at the ctrl,alt,del - the option is there but it just takes me back to the user desktop.

Getting in on safe mode with command prompt is possible but commands there seem locked down as well (ie. I tried to run desktop.cpl - no luck). I thought maybe there is a command I can run that will switch users but then I realized even in safe mode I am still logged in as the non-admin user.

Is there a linux distro that gives me some control over XP user accounts maybe? Ugh.

Thanx.

A:XP Pro locked down to non-admin user

In Safe Mode, log in as Administrator and leave the password blank, unless you know the local administrator password set by the company.Make sure you change the Domain to (This Computer) If it asks for a password that you don't know, there is not much you can do.
If that works, you will be logged in as the Local Administrator and not the Domain Administrator. Here you can Right click My Computer/Properties/Computer Name/Change. Here, if you are part of a Domain, click the Radio button for Workgroup to leave the domain. You will have to log out and log in as the Local Administrator again. Once that is done, you can create a new user with admin rights for yourself and add your own password if you like.
If this all fails, your only recourse is to reinstall Windows from a Windows disc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-pro-locked-down-to-non-admin-user-926258.html
Relevancy 97.18%

hi just bought a pc off ebay who it turned out had bought it at an auction it has windows xp already loaded however when i come to log on it gave me options administrator or gary obviously some old user i can log on under gary however password admin user if i want to install games which basically to play games online is the only reason why i bought the bloody thing it says i don t have neccesary access and have to log on as the administrator which is password protected how can i get around this in all honesty i don t care or know whether admin user password i need a licence to run xp its the first computer i have ever bought and feel a little let down i ve heard it may be possible to re-install the hard drive but if i m honest i have no idea how to do this admin user password as well the computer has not been formatted and previous emails and files admin user password are still on the computer i feel i may have wasted quite a bit of money any ideas help nbsp

Relevancy 97.18%

this is what happens when logging into admin user..

1) btdna.exe tries to connect...block

2) rupdsysguard.exe tries to connect....block

3) windows security alert box..also blue shield -w- white stripe appears in tray icons

4) security warning box..do you want to activate anti-virus software

5) iexplore fails to connect to internet.

I booted up into SAFE mode downloaded and updated new virus software( it stated previous software was infected) ran total system scan and cleaned 20 trojans/worms...but no luck with this one yet???

Any help out there???

A:admin user infected

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page. Since you are able to boot into Safe Mode with Networking, you may do so to download the necessary tools. Ignore the "infected" warnings while running them as it's most likely the work of the rogueware.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/admin-user-infected-446422.html
Relevancy 97.18%

After 'exploring' my new Win7 system for quite a while, I took the advice of many and created a separate Administrator logon. I am finding that this is another of many Win7 User-Strait-Jackets that will trash my productivity.

I need what we used to have with Windows: Admin privileges on my user logon.

Specifically, I either need the same config (applications, preferences, etc) on the Admin logon so I can use it all the time, -or- to have a way to turn-on Admin privileges painlessly on my user logon when needed.

Is there any way to establish symmetry between config on my user and Admin logons?

Thx,
Puddin'

A:Admin vs User Config

Quote: Originally Posted by Puddin Man

... to have a way to turn-on Admin privileges painlessly on my user logon when needed...

That would be what UAC is for. Have an account part of the Administrators group with UAC on. This lets everything run as a Standard User. When you need administrative power you right-click on a shortcut > Run as Admin. Or if you searched though the start menu use the hot key CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/118056-admin-vs-user-config.html
Relevancy 97.18%

hey everyone
there is only one standard user in my laptop (win8) and no administrator .
i cant access to anything such as : user account control , device manager , ... and even i cant install any app and it just keep saying : insert a smart card .
I've no smart card and anything like that .

A:there is no admin user - just standard

Find the tutorial that gives how to turn on the built-in administrator account. I'm not home, not on computer long enough to hunt for it.

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

Once inside the admin acct, maybe create an admin acct for your use, keeping the standard acct as is. Then, as needed, you can switch between your admin-level acct and std acct.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/62123-there-no-admin-user-just-standard.html
Relevancy 97.18%

My admin user disappeared from my log on screen, so I can't access any files under the user.  I've tried restarting laptop and shutting down laptop and still bringing up other user log on with letting me swap users to my admin. Any suggestions on how to get admin user back. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Admin-User-Disappeared/td-p/5721085
Relevancy 97.18%

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Vista, but want to create another user account so that I'm not using my Admin account. It seems that this is suggested by Microsoft as it's safer.

I have all my programs installed and now I want to create a user account without admin rights that has all the settings, look and feel etc that I have set up with my admin account.

Can I copy the admin account and then just turn off admin rights? or is there some other way of doing this?

Thanks for the help and your time.

All the best to you,

Glen

A:Non-Admin User Account

Click Start>Control Panel>User Accounts>Manage another account>Create a new account.Hope this is what you were looking for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/non-admin-user-account.739950/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hey peeps!

I just installed a W7 system for one of my users and I want him to be local admin. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this. How do I do this?

Thanks so much!

Relevancy 97.18%

I can't run any application as admin.
I have read on some sites that after pressing right click and select Run as admin Y should be prompted with a selection to run as admin, but instead in ALL my apps I just get a dialog with no selection available:
It says to continue enter an admin username and password but there's no field for input.

A:Can't run anything as admin user on windows 10

Just curious; does the account you are using have admin permissions?

Account Type - Determine in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/59051-cant-run-anything-admin-user-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi I have a program that I want a non-admin user it's actually an Active Directory user to able to Non-admin run user not program be able to run Installation is not an issue as we can have the admin do it Currently the user is having access right issues at run time and I was wondering what sort of permissions have to be set up for this to work Here's some specific info about the program - it writes to the registry HKLM - it's installed inside Program Files installation folder being C Program Files ThisProgram - it calls up some batch files that exist in its installation folder at run time - those batch files call up some other executables also in the installation folder some parameters are passed to the executables by the batches - it references the OLEDB library in its C source code - it reads writes overwrites from to several files that are or will be in the installation folder These are txt MS Access and Excel files Any ideas on the type of permission we should set up for a regular Active Directory user FYI we've tried providing read write access to the registry as well as the Program Files but no luck Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/non-admin-user-not-able-to-run-program-424015.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Ok. My dad put a password on my main administrator and I accidently hit "Run as administrator" for one of my games. I made a standard account before he put as password on dunno why I did standard. Anyway now it requires a password for me to play the game. Is there a way I can change the standard account I am on now to admin so I can play?

A:Standard User to Admin

Welcome
I think that it would be the policy of the Forum to ask your Dad for the password. I am sure that you will appreciate this one day, when you are older, and have Children of your own.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/129563-standard-user-admin.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Ok im having major issues here and question admin Another user Ive read everything but nothing seems to answer my specific issue Im using Win Pro and im a user on a local work network I have admin privileges on my network security policy Im trying to adjust the URC controls and Win is telling me I have to log in as administrator to reduce the security level In addition many common tasks I try to do are prompting Another admin user question me to run as admin and I have to then go and type my user id and pw Ive enabled the Build in Administrator and tried to adjust the setting via that method but am still receiving the promps for my local policy Ive adjusted the settings in the Users folder and given myself almost every privilege but again I still cannot adjust the URC and am still being prompted to quot Run as Admin quot for many tasks which is becoming very annoying How to I fix this Thanks

A:Another admin user question

Are you on a domain ?? If so, you're probably running up against domain policies. You have to talk to your domain admin about that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/129943-another-admin-user-question.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi user Windows Admin 8.1 This is my first post as I am a new member but hope someone can help For some reason over the past week the system has installed an Administrator on our PC and we cannot get any password to unlock it Neither Windows 8.1 Admin user of us have set a password We have tried just about everything we can - disable delete account through computer management changing the password using the command prompt but nothing works or we just get access denied We do not have a USB or anything to allow changes as the system is asking for We also do not have the original disc for the as we upgraded online a while ago And when I tried Microsoft help they wanted around to send a new back up disc Because of the restrictions we cannot download any programs etc to assist with deletion changes so any advice suggestions would need to NOT have to download anything or install anything Many thanks in advance Yvette

A:Windows 8.1 Admin user

Do the following and see if the new administrator disappears.

In the Search program and files box type cmd , when this appears in the pane above the Search box right click on it, then click on Run as administrator.

When the elevaded command prompt opens type in or copy and paste the following command and then press Enter.   net user administrator /active:no 

This will hide the default Administrator account as it normally should be.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542376/windows-81-admin-user/
Relevancy 97.18%

There's only one login on this computer and of course its an gone. are options XP admin yet Only user, some 1 admin account called Ben Now its always been this way Only 1 XP user, yet some admin options are gone. There's never been another admin limited or guest account Ever Recently some of the admin options and other stuff is either gone or when I try to access it it says its been quot disallowed quot by the administrator I found some fixes for most of them and saved them as reg files and had to run them all every time I booted my PC Quote - In the start menu there is no longer a quot Run quot option - When I press CTRL ALT DEL I am told that the Task Manager has been disallowed by the administrator - In Explorer I can no longer manually type in a destination and am told that Access to the resource has been disallowed - Also in Explorer if I'm in a folder that has alot of items in it and am in Thumbnail view after a while Explorer either closes suddenly or gives me an error message and re-startes explorer exe To enable the Task Manager I run a reg file I made in Notepad that contains this Code HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System quot DisableTaskMgr quot dword And it usually works As of the other regs I had I've gotten rid of most of them as it was too much trouble Is there a permanent way to fix these things

A:Only 1 XP user, yet some admin options are gone.

your logging in as a user with admin privledges which is not the same as logging in as admin
have a read of this
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/admins.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/only-1-xp-user-yet-some-admin-options-are-gone-164433.html
Relevancy 97.18%

My son booted up his HP Omen and accidentally clicked on administrator. He used the password for this and now he can't find his account or add an account or do anything else!cant create new user or find his account or go onto internet.hope this makes sense! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-omen-only-admin-no-other-user/td-p/5786134
Relevancy 97.18%

My PC has one user and on startup I want to log in to the user not to the administrator. Please help! Thank you.

A:login to user not admin

Welcome to TSG....

Actually you are logging in as a user but with full admin rights. If you boot in safe mode you should see several accounts administrator, your account you open on boot up and guest which is the limited account.

If yo want to go into Windows as guest then you can setup the computer for that but it will limit you to that account and its limited capabilities just go to user accounts in control panel and turn it on so you can use it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/login-to-user-not-admin.512183/
Relevancy 97.18%

A friend of my sisters has asked me to look at her PC as it keeps quot just crashing quot A thorugh technical description to help I know However I have found that the PC which Admin Password User is running Vista Home Premium has user accounts Admin account with password Standard User Guest I can not log into the admin Admin User Password account as I do not have the password and my sisters friend is unreachable The standard user account wont letme do anything remotely techy or use any system tools or install my own PC Admin User Password diagnostic tools The user account doesn't have the correct permission It wont even update any of the virus definitions with out asking for the password I have a Admin User Password copy of Active Password changer that I have used in the past in these circumstances but the PC was bought from a big retail chain and has been set up with the usual hidden partion with important files on it So Active Password Changer can not see the partion with the SAM database on it to change the admin password Any ideas on how I can move forward

A:Admin User Password

Hi,

You could try this,

Boot in from the cd you create with it, it finds all the installed o/s (probably only one in your case ). Highlight it and Next, it finds the accounts, highlight the one you want and Next. Tick the password is empty and Next, select No if it asks if you want to do anything else.

PCLoginNow, Reset or Recover Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista Administrator Password.

Hope it helps

siw2

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/210359-admin-user-password.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I am the ADMIN acct user on my laptop however recently I haven t been able to run the disk defragmenter or other admin tools files When I ran the HijackThis program it couldn t access the quot host quot file so I followed the instructions to try to run as admin but that didn t even come up in the computer been My ADMIN HELP! by taken another user! has over list of options when I right-clicked the icon So I followed the other instructions to enter a command in the quot Run quot command line deleted the alternate host and when I tried to save the new file I was given an error message saying I didn t have permission to do that DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by AMZNWMN at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- HELP! My computer has been taken over by another ADMIN user! F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP QuickTouch HPKBDAPP exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Windows system defrag exe C Windows system DfrgNtfs exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system wbem WMIADAP EXE C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google com uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie mStart Page hxxp www msn com mDefault Page URL www google com mSearch Page www google com mSearch Bar www google com uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - c program files alwil software avast aswWebRepIE dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - c program files alwil software avast aswWebRepIE dll TB F DF -A CC- D - -A AE FC - No File mRun OnScreenDisplay c program files hewlett-packard hp quicktouch HPKBDAPP exe mRun hpWirelessAssistant c program files hewlett-packard hp wireless assistant HPWAMain exe mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun avast quot c program files alwil software avast avastUI exe quot nogui mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files common files java java update jusched exe quot mRu... Read more

A:HELP! My computer has been taken over by another ADMIN user!

I'm not trying to bump this, but I haven't had a reply yet and am concerned about using my laptop.

Help? Please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450365/help-my-computer-has-been-taken-over-by-another-admin-user/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi,
I was using XP pro quite happily using the standard administrator logon as my logon. However, I created a second username in my name and gave myself admin rights.
Whenever XP starts now the old admin logon has disppeared (only appears in safe mode) and the only logon I have now is the new admin logon (my named one) and guest.
Well, my desktop, progs and everything were all configured fine in my old standard admin logon. Now I just want to revert back to the first admin logon and delete the second one (my named one).
Is there any way to do this? Obviously, there in no option to delete the latest admin account in control panel/user accounts and I cannot downgrade the admin account either.
This is driving me nuts!
Cheers for any help.

Relevancy 97.18%

Hello Everyone I made a HUGE mistake today I was configuring puters at a time amp accidently made the only admin account into a limited account At first I swear I remember seeing the at least one other account that was an admin but I guess not The login screen is a bit wierd Account XP User Admin in as well Instead of it being the new xp screen with the users Admin User Account in XP icon it has the old version with the window asking for the username amp password I tried to enter the UN in that I thought I remember seeing amp a variety of possible passwords but nada My questions are is it possible to reverse the limited restrictions on the formerly admin account without any other admin account This seems unlikely but I guess there has to Admin User Account in XP be a way right GOD I hioe there is a way If there really is another admin account it seems unlikely that windows would allow the only account to be changed to limited access then how can I recoup the forgotten password I didnt make a passwords disks I am in a super jam here folx so if any mad scientist out there can help mw out I would forever be greatful Thanks in advance peace rusia nbsp

Relevancy 97.18%

Ok how do User Admin Lost I start Possible malware caused system Lost Admin User damage A friend of mine told me she got a msg saying her computer was infected probably malware with the msg and clcked on remove then her computer froze she rebooted and all she got was just her desktop picture no icons no taskbar nothing So she went out and bought a new computer and brought it the bad infected one to me to see if I could retrieve he family pictures Booting the computer up it show logins like it should one is hers as the admin the nd her son s with limited use logging onto hers the only thing that coms up is like she said just the desktop Even the Windows button on the keyboard will not pull up a menu Ctrl Alt Del works but that is about it so I took the Hdd out and put in my other computer as a secondary and under Docs and Settings only Administator All users app data and her son s acct show up her personal user acct is not there I scanned the drive with my CA antivirus and as supected it found about badboys Then I was running a spyware scan and the CA popped up with about more again I noticed that they were in a tmp file that had her user name so it seems her user acct could still be there maybe Can Malware delete or hide the main users acct Any ideas how to get it back once I get the conmputer totally cleaned up thanks Terry

A:Lost Admin User

What does User Accounts (in Control Panel) reflect?Her profile could be damaged, Copy Data from a Corrupted User Profile to a New Profile in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151 LouisI'd also run chkdsk /r on that drive, if possible. If not, then I would run a hard drive diagnostic (long test) on it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232421/lost-admin-user/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hello all I went into log admin Am in somehow Guest can't User and now control userpasswords under quot Run quot and checked to not have users sign in or unchecked the box Now Windows XP loads automatically and when I noticed I couldn't download or Am somehow now Guest User and can't log in admin do anything I went to user accounts in the Control Panel and there is only ONE USER me as Owner but with limited access where did the other users go Why did it take away my admin access Now when I try to Log off and back in again it lists user as Administrator and asks for the password and when I type in the one and only password I've ever put in the computer it denies access I've even left it blank I can't access the quot forgotten password quot disk in my A drive because I can't start in Safe mode all I get is an endless loop of the computer coming back to the F screen and asking me what mode I'd like to boot in now what do I do Please help

A:Am somehow now Guest User and can't log in admin

You could try cracking the password.

Windows 2000 and XP passwords are stored in a file called SAM (Security Accounts Manager). It's located in the windows\system32\config directory. Passwords are encrypted and stored within SAM as a password hash. Passwords look something like this: 8F J7 F3 GK S3 lL O4 E1 G9. To figure out your lost password, you have to extract the encrypted hash from SAM and crack it.

If no one else has any ideas that are less drastic I'll let them post before giving in-depth instructions on cracking your password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/am-somehow-now-guest-user-and-cant-log-in-admin-25274.html
Relevancy 97.18%

THIS was what I originally posted quot Okay so a couple months back I forgot my Admin accounts password lt Content removed - hacking information gt so I was able to set one of the non-admins to an admin and reset my password from that Anyway now when I try to demote the account via the control panel in Vista it won t change it back to a regular user It s not grayed out or un-selectable it simply doesn t change when you press okay I can t seem to find that tool again and I m unable to figure out how to edit the registry again to reverse this Short of deleting the user account and starting it again not an option does anyone have any ideas or know the specific area I need to edit I use RegEdit when I need to edit these things Thanks in advance ADMIN? stuck as an User using windows vista ultimate bit quot This is why it got closed quot You need to log in as the Administrator to change permissions We do not assist with by-passing passwords to make changes to the system that only User stuck as an ADMIN? the Administrator could make Closing thread quot What is hard to understand I don User stuck as an ADMIN? t need help bypassing a password I mean lt Profanity removed gt When did I ask that I am the admin on this computer and I am trying to make changes FROM THE ADMIN ACCOUNT FOR SOME REASON probably because I changed an account from a standard-user to an ADMIN via the REGISTRY I can t change it User stuck as an ADMIN? back to a standard user because doing it from the normal GUI even from my ADMIN account it still doesn t change the REGISTRY where the change got stored That s why I asked for help IDENTIFYING which part of the REGISTRY I need to edit to demote the nd ADMIN account back to a STANDARD-USER I would have to be an idiot to try and change the only admin to a standard user from a standard user account rofl nbsp

A:User stuck as an ADMIN?

Please read the rules about double-posting.

http://forums.techguy.org/site-comments-suggestions/957980-thread-closed-suggestion.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-stuck-as-an-admin.957981/
Relevancy 97.18%

I have a big problem; can any one help.
I have two reg user accounts and i changed one to an administrator account that I didn't want to use regularly, but when I try to do certain things it ask for a password, but when I put my password in it says "wrong password' or something like that. I know that is the right password; so I try in safe mode it say "The user has not been granted the requested login type at this computer. Also the account that I created will not show up when I restart my computer, so I can't login using that account.
Can someone please Help

A:Admin user account

Welcome

Try getting in with safe mode

Then try to access the hidden administrator.
Administrator Account

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/270687-admin-user-account.html
Relevancy 97.18%

hi I am helping friends mom and dad who's son ended up in jail Got caught and done for DD DUI and got months not the first time His mom and dad want to recover admin no only user but rights the pictures and some other financial files but all were kept under admin account Here is the catch There is only user account which is guest and this machine is network machine there are computers all up From user account I cannot access his files have tried deleting the password through command prompt but access denied Funny thing is Admin account no admin rights but user only does not show up at the start up or at log in Speaking to him I need network admin password no admin rights but user only to be able to extract the files but with all things going on he has forgotten it all I have tried taking hard drive out and connecting it to my machine but I am still asked for admin password UAC Is there anything I can do from guest account to elevate guest to admin to take ownership of given files Registry change command prompt does not work I have not tried safe mode but i guess it will be same story

A:no admin rights but user only

Hi,

Its pretty difficult for us to suggest something since we can't verify the authenticity of the request. The best bet here is for him to remember the password and pass it on to you - hopefully he can do that soon.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/152134-no-admin-rights-but-user-only.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello -- I am Solved: v Admin System User running a Toshiba Satellite L using Vista with a wireless router I switched somehow from a user account to system admin recently to deal with a virus issue I now have a program called file helper that starts at start up and I have tried to go in to program files to delete it I get a box that says Destination Folder Access Denied - you need to confirm this operation with selections - continue skip cancel Then after I hit continue I get another box that pops up User Account Control that says windows needs permission to continue if you started this action continue Solved: System Admin v User Selections are continue or cancel I hit continue and another box pops up Destination Folder Access Denied that says -- you need permission to perform this action - try again or cancel I thought I was already operating as a system administrator since when I log off the system reboots itself and a small red box appears at the bottom of the screen and if I select logoff it finally logs off The whole time this happens my log in box appears in the middle of the screen At this point I am confused as to whether I am back to using a User account vs system admin First what am I using and how do I get this file helper program off Then after that is completed should I be back as a user account so when I boot up down I am considered a user and will not have logoff issues Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: System Admin v User

Read this:

http://www.vista4beginners.com/Manage-User-Accounts

After reading it you will know which accounts you have on your PC, which ones you're using and which of them are Administrator or not.

As for removing the program; the best way of doing this is using the Controlpanel - read here how:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial141.html

Hope this helps!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-system-admin-v-user.906990/
Relevancy 96.32%

Vista Home Premium SP Dell hardware UAC enabled I noticed a few months ago that I have lost the ability to manage user accounts other than my own despite having administrator rights on my account Whenever I start Control Panel and go into User Administration either directly Add or remove user accounts or indirectly User Accounts and Family Safety Add or remove user accounts and click on Add or remove user accounts the UAC Panel window appears Windows needs your permission to continue click Continue nothing happens No error is returned just nothing happens It seems that permission is broken Admin please! User - Vista help, being denied I enabled User Account Control some time ago but also I find that I cannot disable Vista User Admin broken - help, please! it again - maybe this is the root of the problem I have been using a registry cleaner for some time Auslogics after a variety of other similar products which has helped by clearing out dross from the registry but I fear that some damage may have been done to UAC in the process Can anyone guide me through checking this out and hopefully repairing it I am aware that because I have left this fault for a considerable time before seeking help I have lost the option of going back through previous OS restore points so manual repair to the registry may be the only way to fix this I hope I haven t locked myself out of the control room with this I am currently happy with my user accounts - just two one admin one standard - but I am not happy with the loss of my ability to modify account settings Thanks Sam UK nbsp

Relevancy 96.32%

If i add anti malware programs to my Admin account do i also need to do the same to my user accounts

Thanks

A:Question about Admin/user accounts

Hello Herb,

No. When you install an AV program, it's for the whole PC. Usually only administrators will be able to adjust the AV program's settings though.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/298622-question-about-admin-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I recieved a computer and there is no admin account to log in to only the User log in. Tried rebooting in safe mode and it still goes to the log in screen.

A:No Admin account and Dont know the user log in

What exactly do you mean by "I received a computer"?

Did someone give it to you as a gift for you to keep?  Can you not ask the person you got the computer from for the login info?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503504/no-admin-account-and-dont-know-the-user-log-in/
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi all,

My sister has been using a single account -- an administrator account -- for everyday computing. I've encouraged her to create a separate user account for everyday, and leave the administrator account alone. To avoid a messy file transfer, can she:

- create a new account and make it an administrator account
- change the old administrator account to a user account
- use the user account (used to be the admin account) for her everyday

Would that work, or does she have to transfer everything over?

Thanks!

Relevancy 96.32%

I have deployed EMET to my test computer running Win 10 Pro. Though I see EMET in the notification area if I try to open the GUI and enter Admin creds nothing happens. I would like to get this working to help protect my environment. What am I missing?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6e1565ec-987d-46e7-9899-40db01e15f80/win-10-pro-emet-55-gui-will-not-open-for-non-admin-user?forum=emet
Relevancy 96.32%

We have a happili infection on win7 ie9, all patches up to date, that got in while (I think) my wife was running non-admin. Where do we start?

A:Happili infection on non-admin user

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451427/happili-infection-on-non-admin-user/
Relevancy 96.32%

XP Home, Administrator account.
This is a question about overriding passwords, I guess...but, still, if users have passwords, then how does the Administrator get into the accounts to fix/setup things that have to be done from each user's screen? (My users actually don't use, want, or care about passwords.) But recently I had to go onto each of their screens one by one to change a certain setting in IE Security - making the changes on my screen only affected my IE program, not anyone else's. It made me wonder how I would have done it if they had passwords. Could I really not change other user's IE Security settings (for example) on their accounts?!

Relevancy 96.32%

I've done this before on NT, but I don't remember how. I'd also like to do it in 2K/XP.

If I had to guess, it would be in NT's musrmgr, but it's not.

Relevancy 96.32%

I am the households administrator-I need to monitor my foster child's use of the computer. This is a safety issue.The account was originally set up by my other son but he set it up as an administrator rather than a limited user. I have changed the user account to a limited user, but I still cannot access the limited user account. I've been going into the C drive under documents and settings. Is there anyway to do this other than by resetting the password? Windows XP

A:Admin monitoring of limited user

Reset the child's password via your account...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/admin-monitoring-of-limited-user-266346.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Ok, I may have made a mistake here, I was told to click this SID thing and change my SID I code in order to be able to install this WindowBlinds application however, it seems to have gone crazy.

After restarting my computer, It now has two users after looking in the C:/users - one Gareth.GarethPC which has NOTHING IN IT. And the other is my original GARETH account which it wont let me access - asking for an ADMIN password however It wont let me type anything in!

So I can't do any activity that requires Admin access, i've been trying to system restore naturally Admin required.

Any help? I'm wetting myself.

Thanks Everyone.

Edit: Mine is now a guest account..

A:Admin User Account - Im Locked Out!

HI this is for the hidden admin account try doing the steps form the guest account http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...idden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-user-account-im-locked-out.870142/
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi,My problem is...a virus created another User account which the computer uses during startup. I'm able to select my regular account using safemode, although I'm wondering how I delete this account for good, since there seems to be no deletion option.Thanx.Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Virus Created "admin" User

What is the exact name of this account?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/159351/virus-created-admin-user/
Relevancy 96.32%

I am fairly new to most admin techniques but i know you can run an application like cmd exe as an administrator while the standard user is still signed into their account Im just not sure how you do this i have tried right clicking and running as on standard using credentials a Admin user an admin but it never prompts me to enter the Admin credentials So to clarify with an example if i have a user as standard user and i want using Admin credentials on a standard user to quickly be able to delete a file from the windows system folder by keeping the current standard user still signed in how do i do this I was under the impression that if i try to use quot run as administrator quot it would then prompt me to put in my Admin credentials but it does not windows bit on a workgroup domain some of the employees i have had edited some windows files they shouldn't have so in order to prevent them from continuing to do so i made them all standard users but now i dont know how to use my admin account without having them sign out and then having to sign in with the admin account

A:using Admin credentials on a standard user

Use runas from the command line. Otherwise you need UAC active.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/328550-using-admin-credentials-standard-user.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I had Windows XP PRO SP2, running in a Workgroup (not in a Domain), set up with Power Users, regular Users, etc. accounts. Now that the hard disk crashed and re-installed XP, the only user types allowed are Administrator and Limited, as if the OS had turned into a Home edition. The funny thing is that in
My Computer>Manage>System Tools>Local Users &grps>Groups
all the user types do show up, but in
Control Panel>User Accounts>Create a new account
the only options for user type are Administrator and Limited. How can I create users in the other Groups? Thanks!

A:Only Admin and Limited user types in XP PRO

hello ,

administrative right / user contols

when you power on your system start tapping the (F8)key & keep tapping it until a screen is revealed thet give you the options

safe mode
safe mode with comand prompt
safe mode with network

and many others

you will want to select (safe mode ) then enter

then a screen with all types of codes will scroll down

then you will get the welcomscreen stating that windows is loading

then you will get the user log on screen

here you wil have a list of all users and a hidden (administrator account) you will need to log onto this account

then you will get awindow that is notifying you that you are loging into safe mode on this account / you will check the box & then select ( yes / okay / apply )

then the account will compleatly load

once loaded you will want to select start / then select (my computer ) by right clicking it / then you will want to right click on the icon for your harddrive icon/ local disk / from the drop down menu you will want to select (properties ) then another window will appear , you will want to select ( security)

it is here that you can set the administrative right for each account that you have created on your system

when you are done ajusting the settings you will need to select ( apply ) then select ( okay )

then close all windows and reboot

you will now have full access to all functions to your system

check to make sure these setting have been activated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/only-admin-and-limited-user-types-in-xp-pro-225239.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I lost the pic/user when you first start your pc when using multiple user in one pc and lost the main admin user is there anyway i can retreive it?

Relevancy 96.32%

​Until recently, I was using an Admin privileged user account on my Windows 10 PC for all use. I now use a non-admin account for all use and have 2 Admin privileged accounts in back. One Admin account I use to authorize anything requiring admin privileges and the other I don't touch I just have as a back up restore point.
My question is if I should disable internet on the Admin account that acts simply as my restore point? Is there a security benefit to doing this or could it be a security risk due to not getting auto updates?

A:Securing my Admin user account

The extra admin account is unnecessary since it does not serve the purpose for which you intended, i.e. as a restore point.  One admin account and one standard account should be sufficient.

Also, the "internet" or a network connection does not work in the way you describe.  Disabling the wireless connection on one account disables it for all accounts on that machine.  You cannot selectively turn on the wireless for one account and not for others.  The same goes if you are using a wired connection.

I am assuming that you mean Windows updates, which are updates to the operating system.  Once the operating system is receiving updates, those updates apply to all users on the same machine.  The operating system is central to all users.  Although individual users may apply their own settings (e.g. wallpaper) or install applications for their sole use, those things do not affect the operating system as a whole.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603578/securing-my-admin-user-account/
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi,

I added a user to my XP Pro and then switched admin privileges. That didn't work out as well as I expected, as when logged in my original account, my files were "read only". I switched the admin privileges back, but two problems persist: 1. my files are still "read only" even when logged in as admin, and 2. I am unable to delete the new user account ("permission denied").

Thanks very much for helping me.

~Dan

A:trouble with admin and user accounts

Hi .Just how did you go about switching admin privileges?FWIW: IMO, the read-only attribute really doesn't mean anything. If you check, you will find that any files on a CD/DVD are "read-only" and that makes sense, since the content of a CD/DVD cannot be modified while on the disk. But these files, when copied to a hard drive, may still reflect a "read-only" attribute...but they are indeed capable of being modified.Scroll down to Read-Only at http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/file/fatAttributes-c.htmlIf you are referring to folders/files that fall into the Docs & Settings category...that may be a different issue, one which simply requires your taking ownership of the files/folders in question.How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421 Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275580/trouble-with-admin-and-user-accounts/
Relevancy 96.32%

Any response given will be greatly appreciated even if there's nothing or Admin User log in account Unable to to you can do to help me First I don't know much about computers so I'll explain the problem the best Unable to log in to User or Admin account I can I got a little bubble telling me I had a spyware then an IE window FF is my default browser came up with an ad for some antispyware xp or something I closed it and ran a scan with AVG It found or threats one was Vundo can't remember the others After it finished it said to restart which I did When it resarted it went to the screen where you pick an account to sign in Normally it does not go to this screen I only have one account which does not have a password I clicked on it the screen blinked then it logged out of the account I went into safe mode tried the same for the admin account and the same thing happened I'm typing this on my PS so I'll be quick to respond Again thank you to anyone who responds

A:Unable to log in to User or Admin account

Hi bill1228 and welcome to TSF !

This worked for other users :
Fix Windows XP Log On/Log Off Loop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-log-in-to-user-or-admin-account-379306.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi,

Ive just bought my daughter a new laptop which had Win7 home pre-installed.

I left the default account as an administrator account, passworded and created a secondary account for her, non-passworded.

Everytime we log into her account, the wireless light on the laptop seems to be disabled and there isnt any wireless connectivity.

If i switch users and log in as admin, my wireless light, lights up and wireless is available. Swap back to her account and the wireless stays enabled.

Ive been using XP and Vista and aint had this problem before so whats going on with Win7 that Ive missed?

Hope someone can help, driving me insane having to log in as admin and swap accounts everytime she wants to use the laptop. Thanks!

A:non-admin user, wireless issues

Welcome

Can be many reasons, but one is that the account is corrupt. Try making another for your daughter and see if it works any better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/67614-non-admin-user-wireless-issues.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi,

Does anyone know how to stop the attached alerts? I got this one, just for renaming the C drive label, if I click Continue it works fine, but if I am logged in as an Admin user, that should be enough for me, so can we get rid of this alert?

I don't want to use the built in Administrator user, so I think I need to "elevate" my admin user account, but can't see how to do this for Windows 10 Pro.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

A:Elevate Windows 10 Pro Admin User

Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance and set the UAC, (user Account Control), to the second from the top, which will slightly reduce your security settings but will remove the most annoying of the prompts.

You can of course set this to any of the available settings but anything lower than the second highest will reduce the in-built security to a level that can cause issues

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/47010-elevate-windows-10-pro-admin-user.html
Relevancy 96.32%

PC has WinXP Pro there are 4 accounts 3 admin("Administrator", "qq" and "My Computer" and 1 guest. Have ran Malwarebytes and removed over 60 items, have scanned with new AVAST no virus found ran both in safe mode under "Administrator" account. Adminsitrator account is running fine, loading fine no issues. "My Computer" account is only showing desktop background photo, no desktop icons are showing, is extremly slow and keeps locking up and comes up with errors cant find "null" and missing "dll" errors. I have now removed HDD and have hooked it up to a second PC and am currently running new scans on it. Any ideas would be great

Relevancy 96.32%

Hello all I am using windows pro OS I have only one local account on my machine My account is already in Administrator groups I have checked that My problem is that I am not able to create change any user account being despite admin! Can't accounts user create from control panel After traversing to Control Panel All Control Panel Items User Can't create user accounts despite being admin! Accounts There are all the different links named as Can't create user accounts despite being admin! below Change your account name Change your account type Can't create user accounts despite being admin! Manage other account etc However when I click on any of these links nothing happens at all What could be the possible reason of this Window is updated I am able to do other stuff that only admin can do for example installing uninstalling software running system tools etc Moreover I am able to make changes to user accounts from Computer Management I look forward for your reply Regards P SOLUTION credit goes to medab Hello all after being suggested by medab I finally switched to Microsoft account from local account and now everything is working I again switched back to local account and tested everything is still working yet Please note that I installed a fresh copy of windows again and then created a microsoft account and created a local account then switched to local account You may NOT need to reinstall it Well I think this must be reported to microsoft guys but before that try to test this on your machine Procedure to get this problem's situation is as below First make a fresh install of windows any edition When setup complete there is a step in which you are asked to make an account Don't select microsoft account instead select Local account Let the setup complete Now when you are all done just log into your local account and try to see if you get the same problems that I mentioned above If yes then it should be reported to windows team

A:Can't create user accounts despite being admin!

Have you tried "Add a user" in Settings ?

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/26382-cant-create-user-accounts-despite-being-admin.html
Relevancy 96.32%

error code 80072efd. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks This all I get. Windows Update error 80072efd

A:Can only use update thru Admin not thru Standard user.

In general this means that the MS serves are busy and cannot send requests. I see no correlation between the code and the administrative account problem
Windows Update error 80072efd As you have already read.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/123975-can-only-use-update-thru-admin-not-thru-standard-user.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi There, I installed Windows XP64 & was using the default Administrator user for everything ,but then recently I decided to add another admin user incase something went wrong, but now I have no access to login to the default Administrator I had at beginning.
I have a certain torrent download I want to finish using Azureus but cant access it ,or in other words Azureus on my new User wont accept the download to start where it last left off.
Anyway does anyone know how or if its possible to login to my Administrator user login as I now only get the option to login with the new user only.
I cant find anywhere I can go back to my original user I created during Installation.:

A:Lost original Admin user

welcome

are you the only user on this computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-original-admin-user-99091.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I have an 'Unknown User' on the Administrative permissions folder. It has an outlined head for an icon instead of a filled in head as is the usual accounts. This account has special permissions. As I only vaguely get how the permissions are inherited, I did not change anything. I did find it odd however, because it was never there in the past. Whether it is a new feature or not and is it harmful is I guess what I am looking for. The other question is who is Null in the Outlook services. There is Bigfoot and 3 other easily recognizable services, but Null has never been there before. Thank you in advance.

Quicksandy

A:Just who is 'Unknown User' in the Admin Permissions

Hiya

Moved you here where you may get a better response

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-who-is-unknown-user-in-the-admin-permissions.285641/
Relevancy 96.32%

My teenaged daughter is running XP Home Edition with SP3 on her system. I have an admin account for me, and my daughter has a limited account, however it was somehow changed to an admin account. I switched it back to a limited account, and now she cant change backgrounds on her desktop. When she opens IE, the runonce page comes up and she cant get past saving the changes. If I switch it back to admin, there are no problems. As a test, I created a new Limited user account - no problems encountered.

Any suggestions? This is really vexing me and my daughter...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/switched-user-from-admin-to-limited-268890.html
Relevancy 96.32%

when i use my admin account to create a new admin account i get stumped.

i can create the account, set the password, and then when i try to switch users, i click on the new account admin2, and i get a warning that

"unknown user or bad password"

i have actually seen posts in other forums with the same issue but no answer

windows 7, 64 bit laptop

A:cannot create a new admin user account

Could a reboot before using the account help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/218537-cannot-create-new-admin-user-account.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I am trying to figure out why my church computer is running so slow. One of the things that I noticed when I checked the processes running is that the HP Admin is duplicating what the user is doing, i.e. if I open IE, the HP Admin will also run IE. We don't have somebody who is the administrator, so the system boots to user use. Is there a why I can turn off the HP admin? Is there something else causing this to happen? Thanks

A:HP Admin duplicating user processes

This is way above my techy skills- but I can offer this help - it seems sometimes there may be another DHCP server on your network and this would double the processes?
Here's a detailed link-
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5028593.html
And here's a similar incident described:
http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...in-user-local-admin-rights-off-network-2.html

I do hope this helps - and TSG has some of the smartest- nicest members around the web -so maybe someone else will be more knowledgeable with this and be able to help more.

Also have you tried using the free "CodeStuffStarter"?
After installing and opening up CodeStuff - right click and scroll down to reserarch each entry on the web- deciding whether it is a necessary for your system or not, this may help a little.
Always set a restore point in system restore before doing this, just in case.
http://codestuff.tripod.com/products_starter.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-admin-duplicating-user-processes.888315/
Relevancy 96.32%

I created a new standard account on my computer I installed chrome and messenger onto it then switched back to my admin account I opened up chrome and my history themes and all customizations were gone It gave me some error that I failed to record I tried to install a theme but it gave me the same error I decided to uninstall chrome But when I attempted to re-install it it wouldn t work I eventually gave up and tried to install firefox It gave me an error something along the lines of quot Profile is missing or inaccessible quot I also attempted to open trillian an IM program Usually it automatically logs in but this time I had to manually type it in But it would not log me in giving me an error quot unable to read from or write to the configuration directory for this account quot I had a similar problem with yahoo messenger Afterwards I discovered my music files and videos I had on my admin account would not play and gave me an error The songs were erased off of my media player and even though the files were still on my computer none of them would play Everything on my new account seems to work but nothing on my admin account will work How do I get my files back and get my browsers to Admin Not User Files Funtioning work again I am guessing the creation of the new account was what caused this but could it be something else

A:Admin User Files Not Funtioning

What problems do you have when using Internet Explorer ??Are they the same as Chrome and FF ??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449869/admin-user-files-not-funtioning/
Relevancy 96.32%

I don't know how it happened.

In Control Panel, I am the admin.
In netplwiz, I am in Administrators.
(I remember it as being HomeUsers, Administrators).

Can I solve this?

A:Only User, Administrator, but have no admin rights!

Quote: Originally Posted by IMAyNeed

I don't know how it happened.

In Control Panel, I am the admin.
In netplwiz, I am in Administrators.
(I remember it as being HomeUsers, Administrators).

Can I solve this?

What do you want to solve? What problems are you having?

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/154380-only-user-administrator-but-have-no-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi, i created a new user account only last week and decided i would log into it again, this is only the 3rd time i've logged into this new user account, so it was ok last i accessed it.
After pressing the icon and xp login plays the tune, all that i am greeted with is a blank blue screen. I accessed task manager and logged off. Logged in my admin account and deleted the new account and created another, the same thing happened again, and again etc.
So cannot create a new account , anyone know why?

thanks

A:logging into new user admin account

When you login with a new account, go onto task manager and click the "Processes" tab. See if explorer.exe is running, if not, run a new task of "explorer".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logging-into-new-user-admin-account.920047/