Windows Support Forum

Computer keeps shutting down upon start up and safe mode

Q: Computer keeps shutting down upon start up and safe mode

My computer keeps shutting down upon start up. I've had this problem before but last time it was merely fixed by cleaning the fan. But this time the fan is clean and I really don't know what's wrong. I've tried going into safe mode to run a registry cleaner but my computer shut down before it even got to 50% scanned. I've also tried going into command prompt with sfc /scannow but again my computer didn't last till the end. Is there anything else I can do that can fix my problem?
-Aqua

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer keeps shutting down upon start up and safe mode

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer keeps shutting down upon start up and safe mode

The problem appears to be the computer, and not the OS. If I were to make a guess I would say that your system is over heating thus shutting down before any damage can be done.

If you could update your your Systems Specs (need more info) to include the CPU, Ram, number of drives, age of the computer, these specs would allow other members to get an idea of what your problem could be, thus giving you some good suggestions as to what you can do. . .Thanks for any info. . .Good luck.

BTW, Welcome to the Seven Forums.". . .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/301946-computer-keeps-shutting-down-upon-start-up-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi All,

We're running XP at home and over the last couple of days the computer has been shutting itself down at random.

Sometimes it may be within a couple minutes and at other times it may last 20 minutes before shutting down.

I've run the pc in safe mode and it doesn't have this problem so i'm thinking that it isn't heat/power related.

I've run a full Norton system scan but found nothing.

I'm getting the feeling it's virus related but any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down-not-in-safe-mode.956547/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello at the request of my original thread in am i infected http www bleepingcomputer com forums t computer-not-shutting-down-some-malware-found in down, use only Slow and able mode brows not dds shutting to safe computer I followed steps - in the guide to run DDS however DDS was not able to complete while in normal XP mode it would only work in Safe Mode Here the screenshot of where it would get stuck left it there for more than mins tried multiple times rebooted etc Anyway here's the DDS results from XP SP 's safe mode DDS Ver - - - NTFS x NETWORK Internet Explorer Run by Administrator at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated BCF -A - Slow computer not shutting down, only able to use dds and brows in safe mode -AEDE-D FCBCFCDF Running Processes c Program Files Microsoft Security Slow computer not shutting down, only able to use dds and brows in safe mode Client MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS Slow computer not shutting down, only able to use dds and brows in safe mode system svchost exe -k rpcss C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService Pseudo HJT Report uProxyOverride lt local gt uSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - lt orphaned gt BHO DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - lt orphaned gt BHO SingleInstance Class FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll uRun Steam e program files valve steam steam exe -silent uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun nwiz nwiz exe install mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun GrooveMonitor c program files microsoft office office GrooveMonitor exe mRun SSBkgdUpdate c program files common files scansoft shared ssbkgdupdate SSBkgdupdate exe -Embedding -boot mRun PaperPort PTD c program files scansoft paperport pptd nt exe mRun IndexSearch c program files scansoft paperport IndexSearch exe mRun LogitechCommunicationsManager c program files common files logishrd lcommgr Communications Helper exe mRun SetDefPrt c program files brother brmfl g BrStDvPt exe mRun ControlCenter c program files brother controlcenter brctrcen exe autorun mRun SynTPLpr c program files synaptics syntp SynTPLpr exe mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun Adobe ARM c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe mRun MSC c program files microsoft security client msseces exe -hide -runkey dRun DWQueuedReporting c progra common micros dw dwtrig exe -t dRunOnce nltide rundll advpack dll LaunchINFSectionEx nLite inf C N StartupFolder c docume admini startm programs startup onenot lnk - c program files microsoft office office ONENOTEM EXE StartupFolder c docume admini startm programs startup rcadet lnk - c documents and settings administrator my documents rca detective RCADetective exe uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveAutoRun dword uPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoSMMyPictures dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveAutoRun dword IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c program files microsoft office office ONBttnIE dll IE EA C -E FF- B- -AEC B E - EA C -E FF- B- -AEC B E - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer skypeieplugin dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D IE... Read more

A:Slow computer not shutting down, only able to use dds and brows in safe mode

Hi sportsfroma2

My name is polskamachina and I will be assisting you with your malware problems. Please give me some time to review your DDS log and other reports you collected from the, "Am I Infected Forum?"

What follows below are some ground rules for this forum:
I will reply as soon as possible (typically within 24-48 hours). In turn, I ask that you please respond within 72 hours. If you know you will be away longer than that, please let me know.
I am in California at GMT-8 Hours (Pacific Standard Time). If I do not respond to you within 48 hours, feel free to send me a private message.
Some points for you to keep in mind:
Do NOT run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.
Do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
I cannot see your computer. Periodically update me on the condition of your computer, and provide as much detail as you can in every post.
Once things seem to be working again, please do not abandon the thread. I will give an "all-clean" message at the very end.
NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planned. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a flash drive, anywhere except on the computer.
NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.
polskamachina

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525967/slow-computer-not-shutting-down-only-able-to-use-dds-and-brows-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 78.26%

No matter what option i pick in the safe mode list, the computer will not start. when i choose any of the safe modes, (safe mode, safe mode with networking etc) the computer displays a list of random commands (i dont understand any of it) and then restarts. If I try to Start Windows Normally, or use last settings that worked, it seems to start loading, and then restarts.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-start-my-computer-the-safe-mode-options-screen-appears-computer-wont-start.158370/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi guys. I have a Sony vaio model number: vpcee23fx. Ever since last week my computer freezes after start up. Like I turn it on, it gets past all the boot up animations and what not and everything works perfect. Then like 5 minutes later it completely freezes I can't move my mouse or push any keys. Nothing works and I have to manually shut it down by holding the power button. It works perfect in safe mode. It never freezes and I'm free to use it how ever long I want. But not in normal mode, nope. Just freezes. Please help I need my computer for school work :(.. Ps. I I'm a nooby when it comes to computers

A:Computer freezes few minutes after start up in normal mode but not in safe mode HELP

Hello EyyJayy & welcome to TSF

Perform a Clean Boot & see if the problem persists.

Post back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-few-minutes-after-start-up-in-normal-mode-but-not-in-safe-mode-help-685569.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,

Last week my home computer got a virus - PRO ANTI VIRUS 2009. I panicked and shut down my computer. When I got to the office, I searched on how to remove it and was advise to download MALWAREBYTES and run it on safe mode. I did that and run the program on my home computer three times. The last run showed 0 infection. Thinking that I now have a virus free computer, I tried to run it on Normal Mode. But my home computer won't open on Normal Mode!!! I tried pressing F8 and running everything from Safe Mode with Networking, Normal Mode, even system restore, etc.

Oh I also tried to run the system restore disk and just start from scratch, but my computer says it cannot be run on Safe Mode.

Please help as I think it will be expensive to bring to a technician...unless I really have no choice!

A:Computer does not start in Normal Mode, Only in Safe Mode

Hi,

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt
Attach.txt

Save both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-does-not-start-in-normal-mode-only-in-safe-mode-394610.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I can't start up my computer in any mode ,not even safe mode. Is there anything I can do besides reinstall windows? I checked in BIOS and it said primary and secondary ide slave not detected how do I fix this problem?

A:I can't start up my computer in any mode, not even safe mode.

Did you check the cable connections inside your computer?
Shimsar

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-start-up-my-computer-in-any-mode-not-even-safe-mode.598678/
Relevancy 74.39%

I've been trying to fix my parents' laptop for the past hour and I am completely lost.

They have a Toshiba Satellite L655-S5059 with Windows 7.

Basically, the computer froze up on them. They manually shut it off (holding down the power button) and it would not restart. Starting Windows normally would only get them as far as the "Starting Windows" screen. 

The "repair your computer" option doesn't fare much better, as I get as far as a black screen with a cursor visible before it freezes again. Starting it in safe mode produces a similar result.

Unfortunately, I don't have a recovery disk to work with. Is there any way that I can fix this?

A:Computer won't start, even in safe mode

Recovery disk is the next step....

download an install disk from

this link

and use as a repair disk.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520020/computer-wont-start-even-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello Microbell,
I have had to start a new thread as I can't find my old one ("How to remove
SpywareStrike from my computer").
I am trying to follow the instructions you gave me for eradicating the spyware
on my computer, but I cannot get my computer to start in Safe mode. I have tried everything ;ie pressing F8 after the beep ,the computer ignores me and continues to start up Windows ; pressing DEL after the beep;which gives me Bios stuff but nothing about safe mode.
Can I perform the tasks without the computer being in safe mode?
Regards,
Derek5491.

A:I can't start my computer in safe mode.

Your previous log is located here > http://www.techsupportforum.com//sec...-computer.html

Here's a utility to help you get into Safe Mode.
Download BootSafe and save it to your Desktop. This tool will help you get to Safe Mode

Double click the BootSafe icon to start the program.Select "Safe Mode - Minimal".
Click the Reboot button
When you have completed your tasks, simply run BootSafe again and select the Normal Restart option and click the Reboot button and your computer will reboot in Normal Mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/i-cant-start-my-computer-in-safe-mode-85661.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Help Please.
I have been having trouble with a BSOD fairly regularly and then my sound driver wouldn't start.
I loaded a new driver, and another driver which was a motherboard driver (SIS) but I can't remember which one. My computer immediately had a BSOD and now whenever I try to start Windows Xp Pro immdiately after my log in it immediately has a BSOD.
I have tried loading in Safe Mode but I get a list of Drivers which stops at Drivers/mup.sys, and won't go any further, even after leaving for 2 hours.
Can anyone please help me, ( I am posting this from my laptop )
Daffers

A:Can't start computer in Safe Mode

You could do a repair install of XP if you have a retail install disk.
You will have to do all of your windows updates again, if you're into that sort of thing.

Also reading that some people simply reset their bios jumper on the motherboard and this fixed the mup.sys hang.

Its Not mup.sys that is the problem. mup.sys is the last thing to successfully load.
After mup.sys is loaded windows begins allocating resources.

You have a resource/IRQ conflict I think. Are there any devices on your PC that you don't use?
If so, I would remove them. (dial up card for instance). Or anything plugged into usb other than kybd&mouse.

If you free up more resources, it might work itself out.

Go to your bios and turn things off that are not used (serial ports for instance, or ps2 mouse if you are not using one).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371486/cant-start-computer-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 74.39%

My laptop is not working at all
It's a Dell with windows xp

When you switch it on, the start button doesn't work, and neither do any of the desktop icons

Only the task manager works nothing else.

And also, how do you start a computer in safe mode? And will that help?

A:How do you start computer in safe mode...?

when booting up tap the f8 key repeatedly select safe mode, when you get to desktop run an anti virus scan and then try doing a system restore. I hope this is what you meant.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-start-computer-in-safe-mode.630865/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi I'm a complete novice at this
My computer will not start-up normally
Or in safe mode, Failure ID 6CQ708-4RH6B4-XD03HF-60Q003 When I run hard disc test
It stops loading when it gets to \ Windows\system 32\drivers\NISx64\1008030.006\SYMEFA64.sys
Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you very much Alan

A:My computer will not start in safe mode

SYMEFA64.SYS = Symantec Extended File Attributes

Try:Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Consider uninstalling it with the Norton Removal Tool and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials at least to test.Norton Removal Tool
Microsoft Security Essentials. Recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability compared to other antiviruses/internet security software. It is free and lightweight:-
Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows Malwarebytes - FreeGood and Free system security combination.
Do not start the free trial of Malware Bytes; remember to deselect that option when prompted.

Run a full scan with both (separately) once downloaded, installed and updated.

Post your results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/270111-my-computer-will-not-start-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I have a desktop that runs Windows XP I ll try to make this quick and simple I had Kapersky security software on my computer but then did not want to renew it So I deleted it removed from programs Right after that I couldn t open certain web pages Kept saying I was working thru IE with quot no add ons quot Well I never selected no add ons and couldn t figure out how to put operate windows with ad ons enabled even though every thing said I had all my ad mode, even computer Can't in safe start etc. ons enabled I couldn t open certain pages And also my printer wouldn t work anymore when I tried to print Can't start computer even in safe mode, etc. something from my computer Can't start computer even in safe mode, etc. Everything worked fine until I removed Kapersky So I did some research and downloaded an antivirus program thinking I had a virus called Emismo and did the scan Scan revealed I had trojans and a lot of other errors etc I quarantined the errors and as soon as I did the computer went into shut down restart mode but it wouldn t go anywhere except the quot Windows XP quot home screen It s like it keeps trying to start up but can t complete the task I tried to manually shut the computer down and restart in safe mode and even that didn t work I even ran the same antivirus program on my lap top Emismo and had no trouble And also when I had Kapersky on my laptop the same thing happened when I removed Kapersky from my laptop months ago but someway somehow I was able to start internet explorer again with ad ons I am probably going to have to take it in to an expert but wondering if anyone had any advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-start-computer-even-in-safe-mode-etc.1026141/
Relevancy 74.39%

it was running slowly so i shut it down yesterday and now it won't boot up normally only in safe mode. In all the things people have asked me to try I noticed that in the device mgr there is a yellow! next to MS systm mngmnt BIOS DRIVER and when i double click it says WIN can't load device driver for this HW Driver is corrupt or missing CODE 39
Can anyone help me please??

A:computer will only start in safe mode

Try this. Right click on the entry in Device Manager, and click Uninstall. When finished, right click any other entry, and click 'scan for hardware changes'. Windows should reinstall the driver.

Scorp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-will-only-start-in-safe-mode.410374/
Relevancy 74.39%

I am trying to move data from an old computer to a new computer but I cannot get the old XP computer to open if not in safe mode To use Windows easy transfer you must will Computer safe in start only mode. be Computer will only start in safe mode. out of safe mode So here is my HijackThis log Please help because this computer is working extremely Computer will only start in safe mode. poorly Thanks BryanLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com mywaybizR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - C Program Files MyWaySA SrchAsDe deSrcAs dll file missing R - URLSearchHook no name - - no file R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - C Program Files MyWaySA SrchAsDe deSrcAs dll file missing O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - febeb - d - - e f-ff e c a - C WINDOWS system darabifi dll file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dllO - Toolbar no name - FB C- - CB - F -E F C - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe autoO - HKUS S- - - Run danikoloro Rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system riralidi dll quot s User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run danikoloro Rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system riralidi dll quot s User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS system Shdocvw dllO - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab Installation Support - C Program Files Yahoo Common Yinsthelper dllO - DPF CF ACC -E BB- AFF-AC - C F BCA get atlcom Class - http wwwimages adobe com www adobe com p obat nos gp cabO - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip D F- FAA- - F - B A NameServer O - Protocol linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D ... Read more

A:Computer will only start in safe mode.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/224783/computer-will-only-start-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 74.39%

Ok, here goes. My computer, when started up in normal mode, just goes to a blank red screen....no icons, no nothing!! The only way you can get anything to work in normal mode is by way of the task manager. In safe mode, however, I have access to everything except for sound. I have gone through the Microsoft website and ran all of the virus tests and scans. They say they find things and that they have removed them, but after restarting, it's the same old thing!! I'm pretty sure it's some sort of virus, but have no idea what to do.....someone please help this computer illiterate girl!!!

Relevancy 74.39%

I think my computer is affected by malware as it has become slow and I would like to run a malware program to remove the malware in safe mode but my computer will not start up in safe mode. I press F8 and select safe mode and it stops loading at the point where I get this line..

"multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\iomdisk.sys"

Since it stops loading, I have to switch off power and start the computer again not in safe mode. I ran a malware program (mbam) while the computer was running normally but it didn't do much good. It found about 700 threats, which suggests my computer is riddled. I deleted all of them but I still think there may be many more and would like to do a safe mode scan if possible. Can anyone help??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/343058/cant-start-computer-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have a computer with windows XP that will no longer quot start normally quot When I shut it down it brings up five options Start in Safe Mode Start in Safe Mode with MS Config IIRC Start in Safe Mode with Networking Use last know settings that worked or Start Normally And basically it mode!! will computer only safe Help: start in will no longer start normally it will only start in one of the safe modes When it does it brings up a box that asks if I would like to run System Restore but if I do it will Help: computer will only start in safe mode!! only go so far I can get to where I would like to choose the date to restore it to then when I click quot Next quot it does nothing I really hope I can get this fixed as I have Help: computer will only start in safe mode!! a lot of pictures and files that I would like to get off of the computer The computer this is happening to is the newest one I have and I guess that s why I never really worried about this happening but if someone could please help me that would be great Also I have a few anti-spyware programs on the computer but if I bring them up to find anything it says something about the quot hard delete disabled quot or something like that - I don t remember But I do remember it found some backdoor tdss something files on there I don t know if that would have anything to do with it I just know it was have a lot of problems with spyware ads popping up trying to get me to download this antivirus crap Thanks Gary nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-computer-will-only-start-in-safe-mode.768225/
Relevancy 74.39%

I am running windows xp on my computer and I can not get it to start up in safe mode or install windows serurity updates. Can anyone tell me what the problem is?thank you

A:Computer Will Not Start Up In Safe Mode

How long have these problems existed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/71805/computer-will-not-start-up-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all I have an Asus Laptop running Windows Vista Ultimate mode! safe start I Help! in only my can computer SP bit I have gb of ram and ghz processor speed intel core duo Anyway I was playing a game on the laptop when the whole thing froze up ctl alt del would not even work so I held down the off button to turn it off This has happened before Help! I can only start my computer in safe mode! but restarts Help! I can only start my computer in safe mode! fine This time when I went to turn the laptop back on it would not load It gets to the Vista loading screen but it has these funny lines running down the screen in groups of the screen then goes black flashes a blue screen for a second then restarts its impossible to read anything on the blue screen cause its too quick I then get told to repair vista start up with the vista cd i tried this times but to no avail I have tried all the different boot options but the only way i can load the laptop is in safe mode and SM with networking Please help I need the laptop working in full for some work I need to do for college Thanks all nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

I have a Sony Vaio laptop that just recently seized up When I try the normal start I can get to the Vista Windows logo and welcome screen but then the screen even Safe my Cant to Mode in seem computer start and the computer freezes up with this long annoying tone that will not stop The screen looks disjointed when it freezes up Thus I am forced to restart the computer Sometimes it Cant seem to start my computer even in Safe Mode automatically restarts by itself but ends up doing the same thing again I have tried the option of restarting the computer using the last known good configuration The computer goes through all of the stages of verifying the files and tries to restart but it ends in the same result as the normal start I have also tried to put it in safe mode The computer gets to my desktop but then after about seconds usually when I start seeing the vista help menu appear it stops and a blue screen with white writing appears It goes by too quick to get all of the information but I think it said it was doing a physical memory dump Then it reverts back to the Windows error recovery menu My friend told me that when I am in safe mode to pull up the program files then accessories then system tools the system restore Unfortunately there is not enough time to do so in seconds before the blue screen pops up I also cannot seem to find my Vista system restore disk I am not computer savy so any help in this matter would be very much appreciated -Phil nbsp

A:Cant seem to start my computer even in Safe Mode

Could be several issues. I would first assume either Vista has corrupted system files or you have a virus/malware problem.

If you can't locate a recovery disk you may want to take it to a shop to avoid further damage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-seem-to-start-my-computer-even-in-safe-mode.912181/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi, I can't get my computer to start in normal mode, when it powers up, it gets to the Windows XP screen with the black background and then it goes into Power saver mode.
I can start the computer in safe mode fine.
This problem was occuring and then I did a full re-install of OS and it is doing the same thing as before the re-install.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not sure if this is software problem or something in the hardware.
Thanks

A:Computer will only start in safe mode

Hi -Copy and paste this code into your Run Box Close all open programs and click OK -This should reboot your system and run a full 5 stage Check Disk scan on your system - It should take 30-60 mins depending on your system -CMD /C ECHO Y|CHKDSK C: /R | SHUTDOWN /R /T 30There should be a report after (or during) each stage of the check -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338328/computer-will-only-start-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 74.39%

My computer will only start in safe mode. When booting normally, the computer freezes at login. Any ideas?

Relevancy 74.39%

Hi I really hope you can help I have two problems here - the first one explains how I came across the second so I have put them in the same post When trying to access a shared documents folder I get the following message quot C DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS ALL USERS DOCUMENTS is not accessible Access is denied quot I searched for this message online and found other cases where this had happened Several pages suggested the same thing access rights to the folder have somehow been changed and to change them back you need to log on as Administrator In Windows XP home edition you need to go into 'safe mode' in order to log in as administrator hence the reason why I'm trying Safe not start will Computer in Mode to start my computer in safe mode The second problem - I can't get my computer to start in safe mode in order to try and resolve the first problem I press F as the computer starts up I select 'safe mode' then 'windows xp home' the only option The computer gets to the blue screen with the icons you click to log in and I can see 'Administrator' and my own icon as options to choose If Computer will not start in Safe Mode I do nothing after a few seconds the screen goes black then the computer re-starts and goes to the normal log in screen If I select either 'Administrator' or my own icon it does the same thing Occasionally when I click on the icon there is Computer will not start in Safe Mode a grey box with an error message in it but it is only there for a split second before the screen blacks out so I can't get down what the message says in full It starts with quot Windows cannot create a temporary profile directory This may quot I think the rest was something about security rights but I'm not sure I'm sorry if I haven't explained things well but I am not very good with computers and don't know all the correct words to use I'd be really grateful if anyone could help me to either get access to the documents folder without having to go into safe mode or to figure out how to get the computer to start in safe mode Cheers Anwen

A:Computer will not start in Safe Mode

quick thing I would like for you to do quick

Go to My Computer > C: drive > Documents and Settings and how many folders do you see in this window? Do you see only three? or are there more with strange looking names?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-will-not-start-in-safe-mode-244549.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi there I have a problem with my computer which is worrying me quite a lot I was hoping some one might be able to help me Last night I turned my computer off and it did that thing where it says do not safe up please in mode, start won't even My help computer switch off computer loading updates computer will switch of automatically I m a bit of a tech novice by the way - in case you couldn t tell So I waited for it to shut down which took a very long time it had updates This morning I turned on my computer to see the screen with the options of start in safe mode start in safe mode with networking etc etc but none of these options would work Everytime I tried to start windows XP in any mode it would come My computer won't start up even in safe mode, please help up with lines of text then just reboot again I am very concerned as I don t have the XP disc any more and there is a lot of data on that computer I really do not want to loose Can anyone help me Please nbsp

A:My computer won't start up even in safe mode, please help

You will have to take the computer in for repair, or to a computer expert friend. You may not loose any files, but because you have no windows disc, there is not much you can do without one, at this point

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-wont-start-up-even-in-safe-mode-please-help.136319/
Relevancy 74.39%

Very basic question I know.
I want to run the Avast uninstaller program and directions say to start computer in safe mode.
Thank you!

XP pro SP3     Mod Edit:  Corrected typo - Hamluis.
Zonalarm free

A:How do I start my computer in safe mode?

typo in prior post. I have XP pro SP3 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509181/how-do-i-start-my-computer-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 74.39%

I'm running Windows XP pro and am quite sure I have an infection.
ZoneAlarm will not run; any type of malware scanner will not run as well with invalid win32 message errors.
I'm okay with reformatting the drive but would like to know if there is a way of safely retrieving data (mainly photos, Firefox bookmarks, Thunderbird e-mail settings/messages) from the infected HD and another HD in the computer.

Thanks!

A:Computer Won't Start In Safe Mode, Can't Run Dss, Hjt

When you boot to safe mode, do you get any error messages?

If not try Safe mode with Networking instead as mine sometimes works this way.

Hope this helps,
Cornzey

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151642/computer-wont-start-in-safe-mode-cant-run-dss-hjt/
Relevancy 74.39%

Well I recently purchased a used refurbished computer from e-bay which came with Windows XP installed but did in Even Safe Start Won't - Computer Mode not include the disks I had purchased Norton and had a trojan security threat which could not be removed automactically - it had to be done manually I followed Norton's instructions which told me to Turn off System Restore Stop and Disable Services associated with the problem which it gave no detail on how to figure out which services were affected by the trojan Then Restart the computer amp run another Norton scan and finally to go into the Registry and remove the registry keys that they had listed on the help page for that particular virus I stopped and disabled some Computer Won't Start - Even in Safe Mode of the services although I wasn't sure if I was stopping the correct Computer Won't Start - Even in Safe Mode ones and restarted the computer When I got into my windows a message appeared from Norton saying that it could not locate the program and to restart the computer I Computer Won't Start - Even in Safe Mode restarted once again and this time when I got in to Windows I received the same error message from Norton and then noticed that I had no start menu toolbar at the bottom of my screen and therefore could not use my start menu or command prompt I tried to go back to the services menu and start and enable the services that I had disabled but when I opened it there were no options in the quot expanded quot menu just a blank space where they used to be So I restarted once again and I tried to use this program from Spotmau that I just bought for quot Windows Recovery quot and it only seemed to make it worse it did not recover or boot my system like they claimed it would and now I can't get past the windows startup screen It freezes or gets hung up and doesn't do anything after that I can't even start in Safe Mode I don't have any backup or the windows disks as I just purchased the computer and they did not come with the disks Please help Is there any way that I can recover or at least start over and just get the thing to start up

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-wont-start-even-in-safe-mode-373270.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Okay, my computer recently said that spyware was on the computer. Shortly after that, the computer displayed a blue screen saying if this is the first time you have seen this screen restart and remove new hardware to computer. So I restarted...bluescreen again. Then I restarted went into safemode with networking and downloaded a free spyware application on the web. The application asked me to restart the computer. I restarted and not only did I net get into the computer at all now I can't get into safe mode. Please let me know what I should do?

DESPERATELY NEEDS HELP!!

Bethany

A:My computer will not start in safe mode please help!!

srry posted in wrong area

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-will-not-start-in-safe-mode-please-help-274095.html
Relevancy 74.39%

computer keeps rebooting bsod i am just about computer stupid person that built this is no longer avaialible any help would work wonders thanx. finished reading insructions thank you agian

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/389500-computer-will-only-start-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 74.39%

My computer will only start in safe mode. I have ran avast, avg, spybot s&d, and Ad-Aware. I have also tried system restore. When I turn on my computer in regular mode it just goes black. Please help me. I have tried everything imaginable.

A:Computer will only start in safe mode

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260139/computer-will-only-start-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all

Basically, I have just returned from five months travelling, and when I fired up my laptop I was told that I needed to update my Norton Antivirus. As I couldn't find the cd-case immediately with the code on the back, I left it for a day...went to turn the thing on this morning and all I get is a screen giving me the options to use three different types of safe mode, use last settings that worked or continue as normal...no matter which one I choose all I get is the Win XP loading screen flashing up for a few seconds then it returns to the safe mode/normal etc. selection screen.

Do I have a virus? ... what should I do?!

Many thanks in advance

A:Computer won't start, even in Safe Mode!

run the hard drive manufacturers diognostic utility on the hard drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-wont-start-even-in-safe-mode-127309.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all,
Fore some reason, my computer cannot start.
I can see the progress bar, but after that, my computer restarts.
This is a problem that I had before. It will restart over and over again.
Once, for no reasons, it manage to finally start.
Yesterday, I did a normal restart, but here goes the same old problem... it cant start.
I can start it in safe mode and thats it...
Anybody have an answer for me?

Relevancy 74.39%

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site. I'm having a problem with my computer in that it won't start in Safe mode. I'm running windows XP home edition. If anyone has any suggestions could you please help me. Thank you.

A:Computer won't start in Safe mode, HELP!!! Please.

what does the computer do when you try to boot up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-start-in-safe-mode-help-please.75020/
Relevancy 74.39%

This morning when I turned on my HP laptop I got the blue screen It ran through its thing than I got a message that I needed to increase my paging file And gave instructions how to do this Go to System in Control Panel Click Advance tab go to Performance click setting Advance tab click change click custom size and then type maximum paging file size When I clicked on custom size a new tab came up saying that a temporary file had been made I couldn t find any place to type in maximum paging file size There was a box that had c - in it I was told I needed to reboot to save the changes I Safe Can't Computer in even Mode Start rebooted the system and Can't Start Computer even in Safe Mode now I can t get into anything I have tried turning the computer off and waiting a while and turning it back on It comes up with the Windows XP screen and then turns off and then on again I have tried starting it in Safe Mode I get the screen with the opions I clicked on Safe Mode with networking and when I click on that another screen appears with start Windows XP in normal mode highligted and the start in Safe Mode with Networking is down at that bottom of the screen in blue Anyone of the opions that I click on shows up at the bottom in blue And if I click it to start in normal it does that same thing starts in Window XP for just a few seconds than turns off and on again I can see a screen just before the computer turns off There is something typed on there that it has detected something but I don t get a chance to read it before the computer turns off and turns it self back on again Can someone tell me if this is a virus or do I have a sick computer that needs professional help

A:Can't Start Computer even in Safe Mode

What model HP laptop, please?

Did you consult the HP support webpage for your system...to see if they have any steps that they want you to take?

Do you have access to another system and the Internet?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352661/cant-start-computer-even-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 74.39%

My computer will only start in safe mode. When I try to start it normal it flashes a jumbled grey screen for a second and then a blue screen with writing for a second (flashes so fast I don't have time to read what it says). Then takes me to the screen that says 'Windows was not shut down properly...' and gives me start-up options including Safe Mode, safe mode with networking or normal. If I try to start it normal it just does the same thing all over again. It starts and works fine it in safe mode and safe mode with networking, I can do everything I normally do in safe mode except there is no sound. Can anyone help?

A:Computer will only start in 'Safe Mode'

You didn't say what version of Windows you have, so I'll assume Windows 7.  The first thing I'd do would be to run SFC.  Click start and in the search box type CMD.  Then right-click CMD.EXE and click Run as administrator.  From the ensuing command prompt, type sfc /scannow.  
 Next run MSCONFIG and click the Startup tab (Note: avoid the other tabs).  There you'll see a list of things being started when you boot up in normal mode.  You can uncheck anything there except your antivirus.
 Next you could run Malwarebytes.  Download it to a flash drive on another computer, then plug the flash drive into your computer and install it.  If you can boot to Safe Mode with networking, do that and get Malwarebytes up to date, then do a scan.  When the scan finishes, click the button to quarantine all the things it finds.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538135/computer-will-only-start-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 74.39%

Dear All

I've used Malwarebytes free download to deal with a virus. Laptop has crashed immediately afterwards - c000021a etc

But I can't re-start in safe or any other mode.

I'm very basic at computers - simple answers really appreciated, or no acronyms etc if poss. Thanks, C

A:can't start computer in safe mode

Repost Here
Do you have restore disks?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-start-computer-in-safe-mode-502702.html
Relevancy 74.39%

My laptop had been slowing down so I tried to restart it It took a little longer than normal for it to shut down and then when it tried starting back up it froze After a few mins I gave up hope and held down the in only start mode safe computer Can power button to turn it off I then tried to start it back up This time I was told that the system failed to start last time and was offered a chance to start in safe mode I went ahead and opted for Can only start computer in safe mode the normal startup Again it froze and again I manually shut it down after a few mins I started it back up again and opted for the safe mode option this go around About to start a full scan of my laptop with MBAM Other than that I m awaiting any advice help from you guys on what it could be and how I could go about fixing this situation Running XP on a Dell Can only start computer in safe mode Inspiron and will post the MBAM results if it finds anything Thanks Edit Not sure how much slower the computer should be going in safe mode but its very slow laggy while running MBAM only program running

A:Can only start computer in safe mode

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process. Please also continue to work with me until I give you the all clear. Even if your computer appears to act better, you may still be infected.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Once we start working together, please reply back within 3 days or this thread may be closed so we can help others who are waiting.We need to create an OTL report,Please download OTL from this link.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:

netsvcs
msconfig
drivers32 /all
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\*.sys /90
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
%systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
CREATERESTOREPOINT

Click the Quick Scan button.The scan should take a few minutes.Please copy and paste both logs in your reply.We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new OTL log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logIn your reply, please post both OTL logs and the GMER log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/367642/can-only-start-computer-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 73.96%

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8006F7A4E0
BCP2: FFFFF88003D72410
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\040216-21356-01.dmp
C:\Users\Brandon.Brandon-PC\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-42385-0.sysdata.xml

The computer will give me the BS then give me the choice to load in Safe Mode or not. If I let it turn on normally the computer restarts to blue screen again after reaching the windows screen prior to the log in screen.

If anyone can help me resolve this, it'll be much appreciated.

A:BS on start up. Cannot start computer without Safe Mode on.

Hello Brandon and welcome to 7forums!

Looked at the most recent dump files and all point to the 0x116 BSOD known as VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000116. This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed

I also noted that your graphics card drivers were a tad old:
Code:
12/19/2012 2:38:55 PM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
But I couldn't pin point the exact model of your GPU so please use the AMD autodetect utility to update the drivers:
AMD Driver Autodetect

Cheers, Boris

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/394121-bs-start-up-cannot-start-computer-without-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I used Malwarebytes to remove a bunch of spyware and other things from a friend's laptop (Windows 7) and now it won't boot up in anything other than plaing safe mode. When you try and start it normally it just freezes on a black screen. Any and all help is appreciated.

A:Unable to start computer in other than safe mode.

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.Important: To help me reviewing your logs, please post them in code boxes. You can create them by clicking on the <>-symbol on top of the reply window.    HijackThis is not the preferred initial scanning tool in this forum. With today's malware, a more comprehensive set of logs is required to determine the presence of malware.    Scan with FRST in normal modePlease download Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool to your desktop: FRST 32bit or FRST 64bit (If not sure: Start --> Computer (right click) --> properties) Run FRST.Don´t change one of the checkboxes and hit Scan.Logfiles are created on your desktop.Poste the FRST.txt and (after the first scan only!) the Addition.txt.  Scan with Gmer rootkit scannerPlease download Gmer from here by clicking on the "Download EXE" Button.Double click on the randomly named GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent.If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
SectionsIAT/EATShow All ( should be unchecked by default )Leave everything else as it is.Close all other running programs as well as your Browser.Click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.Once done click on the Save.. button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.Please post the content of the ark.txt here.**Caution**Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries Scan with TDSS-KillerPlease read and follow these instructions carefully. We do not want it to fix anything yet (if found), we need to see a report first.Download TDSSKiller.zip and extract to your desktopExecute TDSSKiller.exe by doubleclicking on it.
Press Start Scan
If Malicious objects are found, do NOT select Copy to quarantine. Change the action to Skip, and save the log.
Once complete, a log will be produced at the root drive which is typically C:\ ,for example, C:\TDSSKiller.<version_date_time>log.txtPlease attach this file to your next reply. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550041/unable-to-start-computer-in-other-than-safe-mode/
Relevancy 73.53%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Only Wont Start.. Safe Mode Computer In - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files HijackThis abc bat exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride actsvr comcastonline comO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java Computer Wont Start.. Only In Safe Mode jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run XGIWatchDog C Program Files XGI XWatDog exeO - HKLM Run RegServer regserve exeO - HKLM Run Trirot Trirot exeO - HKLM Run SSBkgdUpdate quot C Program Files Common Files Scansoft Shared SSBkgdUpdate Computer Wont Start.. Only In Safe Mode SSBkgdupdate exe quot -Embedding -bootO Computer Wont Start.. Only In Safe Mode - HKLM Run PaperPort PTD C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exeO - HKLM Run IndexSearch C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort IndexSearch exeO - HKLM Run BrMfcWnd C Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcWnd exe AUTORUNO - HKLM Run SetDefPrt C Program Files Brother Brmfl a BrStDvPt exeO - HKLM Run ControlCenter C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brctrcen exe autorunO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimizedO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run combofix C WINDOWS system cmd exe e on f off v off c C ComboFix Combofix bat O - HKCU Run Service Pack C WINDOWS system vexg ame exeO - Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Synchronizer lnk C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AdobeCollabSync exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - Winlogon Notify A dxq - C WINDOWS system a dx dllO - SSODL HMlOCJeeBCoY - E D-DE C- DE - E -B A E - C WINDOWS system gnebd dll file missing O - Service Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exeO - Service Microsoft ASPI Manager aspimgr - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system aspimgr exeO - Service AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a s - C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeO - Service Performance Monitor Command Line Shell Performance Monitor - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS perfmon exeO - Service Print Spooler SpoolerMSIServer SpoolerMSIServer - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system d exe

A:Computer Wont Start.. Only In Safe Mode

Hello there and welcome to BleepingComputer. My name is Charles and I will be dealing with your log today. From your log it appears that you are missing one important program: an antivirus. This is somewhat suicidal in today's digital world. Without one you are at a high-risk of reinfection; while I can try to sort your problem out, if you have no protection, the infections will keep resurfacing. Here are some great free antivirus programs:Antivir, Avast!, AVG, Bitdefender FreeInstall one of these, then run a full scan, letting it quarantine/delete anything it finds. Let me know if there is anything that it reports but can not remove.I have also noticed that you do not appear to have a firewall installed. This is an essential piece of software that acts as an extra layer of security, which restricts access to your computer from the outside world. Therefore, please download one of these free firewalls:Zone AlarmKerioIf you would like some more information about firewalls and how to use them effectively, take a look here. Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click runThis.bat to start the script.Type Y to begin the cleanup process.It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.Press any key and it will restart the PC.When the PC restarts the fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt(Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).Post this in your next reply, along with a new HijackThis log. Why can you not boot into Normal Mode?Thanks,Charles

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93621/computer-wont-start-only-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi I was "Bumped" to the "Am I Infected forum on Sunday Night. I had posted incorrectly into the Windows XP Forum due to my own in experience?I have received no reply yet, I was just wondering if I am now in the Right Forum or should I re-post the issue here again? sorry about the Windows XP forum mix-up Cheershttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html/page__prune_day__100__sort_by__Z-A__sort_key__last_post__topicfilter__all__st__90

A:Computer So Slow Cannot Start in Safe Mode

Topic Handled here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic471873.html/page__st__15

Closed this

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472191/computer-so-slow-cannot-start-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hey guys I run a WinXP with SP My computer has been running fine until yesterday when I got a couple of error pop ups which I clicked by fast followed by a bluescreen I restarted my machine and now WinXP can't start It gets to the loading screen but when the loading is done the computer just restarts itself Then i'm prompted to chose if I want to start Can computer help only fail please! mode, safe in start windows in fail safe mode In fail safe mode everything runs fine I ran through my computer with Kaspersky once then once Can only start computer in fail safe mode, help please! with Avast Also I ran it through once with Anti-Malware Bytes All done in fail safe mode but with no results I got prompted to use WinXP system restore when into fail safe mode But apparently I have no old configurations from a past date to use I still can't get windows to work normaly i'm writing this in fail safe mode I'm not really sure what to do from here It's very frustrating Any help would be much appreciated thanks

A:Can only start computer in fail safe mode, help please!

Do you recall any of the error messages? You can go into event log in device manager to see them. You may be having driver conflicts.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-only-start-computer-in-fail-safe-mode-help-please-408842.html
Relevancy 73.53%

could anyone please help
when i turn my machine on black screen with 4options appear
safe mode safe with networking safe mode with command prompt start windows normally tryed each one screen just goes black after each option please please help me i`m new to the computer world and already i want to throw it out the window

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-start-from-safe-mode.155717/
Relevancy 73.53%

I can t start regular/safe mode start computer won't in up the pc computer won't start in regular/safe mode at all when starting the pc We apologize for the inconvenience but windows did not start successfully A recent hardware or software change might have cause this Start in safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt last known good configuration start normally doesnt matter what i do I get a black screen with windows logo and the scrolling thingy the first thing that comes up when it boots normally and within about half a second it automatically shuts down and restarts ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ if I do F- system recovery i get this error message The section IDA CREATE USER DRIVE U does not contain a valid dialog template after I lick OK it shuts downs and restarts the pc again ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ if I do Microsoft Windows Recovery Console A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first you ve seen this stop error screen more like the st restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Disable uninstall anti virus disk defragmentation or backup utilities Check your hard drive configuration and check for any updated drivers Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and the restart your computer technical information STOP x x x xC x ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I think I know why this happened last night it wouldn t shut down for quite some time so i pulled the plug to shut it down Almost the same thing happened to the other pc bout a year ago due to a power failure I took the pc to a local pc repair place they erased all of the programs and applications I had on there but it started to function I ve searched these forums and kept running into quot formatting quot will that fix this problem I think I had a CD that came with the computer but I cant seem to find it found the cd for the other computers

A:computer won't start in regular/safe mode

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/188604/computer-wont-start-in-regularsafe-mode/
Relevancy 73.53%

I want to start my computer in safe mode to try to get ride of a virus..............but I get to the safe mode screen and hit safe mode...........then it takes me to a blue page that says "new hardware installed or new software installed"................i haven't instaled anything. I have the XP disk......is their something I can load from the disk..............that will let me start my computer in safe mode?

Thank you

A:Computer wont let me start in safe mode

Try pressing the F5 key down as soon as you turn on the computer. Hold it down until you hear a beep, a startup menu (a list of the computer?s various startup options) appears on-screen, or Safe Mode loads. You can press the F5 key to access Safe Mode directly in all Windows versions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-wont-let-me-start-in-safe-mode-92240.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a Great Quality ZX-3310 laptop. It recently froze up and would not reboot. I unplugged the machine and plugged it back in to restart and now I get either the windows start up page that freezez before it is loaded or I get this message: "RS482M- Test Bios BR#13207A". Sometimes I get nothing on the screen but I can hear the fan run. It will not let me start in Safe Mode. The DVD drive recognizes a DVD it there but it immediately freezes on start up.

What are the possible problems/solutions? Thank you.

Relevancy 73.53%

I woke up this morning and my pc won't start. It just keeps rebooting and taking me to the safe mode startup menu. I tried starting normally and it just reboots. I have been able to start in safe mode with networking as well as just safe mode. I have NO idea what to do from here.

Suggestions?

Relevancy 73.53%

I want to try and get ride of a security problem, and wanted to run my computer in safe mode but it wont let me. it (XP edition) pops up a blue screen and says try again , you have new hardawre or software.............which i don't..........have tried to start it in safe mode several times. I have the XP instalation disk...................can I install anything from it to allow me to run in safe mode?

Thanks

A:Computer wont let me start in safe mode

Make sure your timing is right when pressing the key at start-up. (F-8)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f112/computer-wont-let-me-start-in-safe-mode-92229.html
Relevancy 73.53%

- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x86 (32 bit)
- the original installed OS on the system? - Original installed was Windows XP
- an OEM or full retail version? - Full retail Version
- OEM = came pre-installed on system - NO
- Full Retail = you purchased it from retailer - Got it in College as a Student

- What is the age of system (hardware)? - About 7 years or more
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) - Windows 7 has been installed since October of last year - Installing OS on two Internal Hard Drives

I have never reinstalled it.

I will post the dump files in a few.

My problem in detail: Installing OS on two Internal Hard Drives

A:BSOD after I start the computer even in Safe Mode

I cannot post the htnl file because the perfmon /report is giving me errors.

Error:

An error occured while attempting to generate the report.

The system cannot find the path specified.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/226306-bsod-after-i-start-computer-even-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello, I am having a lot of problems with a new computer that was given to me. But the main thing that I need help with right now is getting my computer to start in safe mode with networking. It will not boot in regular mode. It will go to regular Safe Mode but when I try to go to safe mode with networking it just loads and never boots up. You know I get the black screen with all the writing, like it does when you load safe mode but it stays there and never starts up. I have even left it overnight to load with no luck. Can someone please HELP me????????

A:Computer won't start in Safe Mode With Networking!!

Get warranty help. A new computer should not have such problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-start-in-safe-mode-with-networking.1122375/
Relevancy 73.53%

The computer is a celeron 2.4 ghz about 2 years old.

My little brother's computer freezes (a black screen with 2 one inch white horizontal lines) when windows start. Actually you don't even have the time to see the windows loading screen. When I start it in safe mode it reboots and when I put my windows cd twice I got 2 differant errors. the first was a black screen saying I was missing some *****.txt file which I dont remember. The second was a weird blue screen (not the common one) with only 2 lines which were:

STOP: c0000221 Unkown Hard Error
\SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll

Note: If this might get better answer in the hardware or another forum can a mod please move it.

A:computer won't start, not even in safe mode, cant run windows' cd

anyone please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-wont-start-not-even-in-safe-mode-cant-run-windows-cd-133570.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi all I have a Virus but cannot run Safe Mode to fix Start Cannot Safe Slow Mode So in Computer or locate it it just comes up Blue screen quot If Computer So Slow Cannot Start in Safe Mode you have seen this screen before Etc I have done many Avast Boot Scans and whilst scanning I see numerous file s as marked Corrupted but I can find no sign of it in the Boot-Scan Log No reports of Problems on Normal weekly quot Full Scans quot either with Avast or Malwarmalbytes I have other symptom s Any Word Page takes ages to Load and close whether its a Computer So Slow Cannot Start in Safe Mode saved Doc or New file and will Snail Trail down the screen on closing Web pages are slow to Load and slow to close and will Snail Trail down the screen on closing Some setting s for my Mouse revert back to default on Reboot Hope someone out there can save me Cheers for now cop u later The Computer is a DELL desk top Inspiron Intel Pentium CPU GB Gig Meg Ram with Intel Graphics Controller G GL GE PE GV File System NTFS Capacity GB bytes Weston Terabyte HDD partitions are E F G H Dell Inspiron Desk Top with LCD quot Screen and MS Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Running Firefox Gmail Windows XP P Home Edition MS Office I am connected to Internode B Band ADSL- - gig I have VoIP via Uniden Dig GHz Cordless Phone Handsets and Base connected into the Linksys and ADSL Internode next to the Desktop and to MyNetFone VoIP Via the Linksys Gateway ATA VoIP Router and a Nov- D-Link T Modem I have Avast Pro Firewall is on Antivirus AVAST real-time Malewarebytes and CCleaner Weekly

A:Computer So Slow Cannot Start in Safe Mode

Hello,let's do these first in Normal mode/Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 1Link 2Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.Do not reboot the computer, you will need to run the application again. >>>>Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet and double-click on the renamed file to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.Malwarebytes will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button and continue.If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A: 4. Issues.Under the Scanner tab, make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Click on the Scan button.When the scan is complete, click OK, then click the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.Exit Malwarebytes when done.Note: If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.-- Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, use Malwarebytes Chameleon and follow the onscreen instructions. The Chameleon folder can be accessed by opening the program folder for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (normally C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware). >>>>Please DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it. Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file system Click on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan results.>>>>>Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
Lastly.....
Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:
[list]Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList conte... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471873/computer-so-slow-cannot-start-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 73.53%

1) Computer doesn't boot up

2) Mid Boot it goes to a screen asking if I want to start up in safe mode or not - no matter what it goes back to trying to boot up (Bar with the XP logo and the and the moving bars that go across the screen asking to start up in safe-mode) it's like a never ending loop

3) People have told me if could be a virus.

A:Cannot Start My Computer Stuck In Safe Mode

There can be several causes for this to include BIOS, software, malware and wireless keyboards. "Safe Mode" is a troubleshooting mode designed to start Windows with minimal drivers and running processes to diagnose problems with your computer. If you have a wireless keyboard, and your BIOS does not natively support it, then the device drivers for the keyboard need to load for it to function. And since starting a computer in Safe Mode prevents many drivers from loading, you are unable to enter into it since your keyboard does not function if the proper drivers do not load. Try using a PS/2 keyboard - a keyboard with a cable that plugs into the back of your PC.Also there are times when the wireless transmitter and receiver fail to make contact with each other and need to be reset or require battery replacement.For more suggestions see Situations in Which Windows May Not Start in Safe Mode and the Community Newsletter: Where has Safe Mode gone?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/59110/cannot-start-my-computer-stuck-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 73.53%

Recently Cannot safe computer start mode, problems in plus other my computer has been running abit weird I decided to run my anti-virus Bit Defender and it didn t come up with anything Tried running Spybot search and destroy but it seems to freeze when it reaches smitfraud-C on the scan and BitDefender shows major file zone activity I stopped the scan yet there was still major activity so i closed Spybot and the activity stopped I then decided that i should run my computer it safe mode to see what the problem is but when i tried booting in safe mode my computer restarts I think it may be a virus of some sort on my computer Here is my HijackThis log Logfile Cannot start computer in safe mode, plus other problems of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe Cannot start computer in safe mode, plus other problems C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender vsserv exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C WINDOWS ALCMTR EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdagent exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe irprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run TXP c program files topthemesxp txp exe O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RunDLL exe NvMCTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run BDMCon quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exe quot reg O - HKLM Run BDAgent quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdagent exe quot O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-start-computer-in-safe-mode-plus-other-problems.560855/
Relevancy 72.67%

Good morning tech people unfortunatly my computer not working once again As I m a total beginner on IT-issues I am thankful for every hint As the thread name already start freezes Mode Safe after Computer up, works mentiones my computer freezes every time after startup If I choose the safe mode it works perfectly well As I already read a view threds on similar topics I already removed all programms skye dropbox avast from autostart and ran a scan with hijack this this are the results Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Clara Downloads HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId Computer freezes after start up, Safe Mode works R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO LastPass Vault - D ECF - A D- -BE - D F E - C Program Files x LastPass LPToolbar dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar LastPass Toolbar - f b cc - c b- b c- af- dec e e - C Program Files x LastPass LPToolbar dll O - Toolbar avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run Nuance PDF Reader-reminder quot C Program Files x Nuance PDF Reader Ereg Ereg exe quot -r quot C ProgramData Nuance PDF Reader Ereg Ereg ini quot O - HKLM Run HP Quick Launch C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exe O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files x Mic... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-after-start-up-safe-mode-works.1074537/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello I am a first-time poster so I am following the directions for posting I hope I am doing this cannot safe computer randomly hibernates; in mode start properly Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this Here is the story I think I might have had the conficker worm a while back computer randomly hibernates; cannot start in safe mode I did combofix and it deleted some files and everything seemed fine More recently my antivirus has been popping up and telling me about a trojan it computer randomly hibernates; cannot start in safe mode has quarantined Now my system keeps randomly hibernating while I am working very frustrating Furthermore I cannot start my computer in Safe Mode When I try to do a virus scan my computer hibernates And I have my system set to never hibernate or sleep Just today I ran combofix and it deleted these two files c windows AegisP inf and c windows system AutoRun inf Unfortunately the hibernation thing is continuing to happen Here is the text of the DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Tricia at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec computer randomly hibernates; cannot start in safe mode AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning disabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup carboniteservice exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS System TPHDEXLG EXE C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system tp serv exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteUI exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Notepad notepad exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Tricia Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www lenovo com welcome thinkpad uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO Google Gears Helper e fefe -fbf - ae-ba - ca e fb - c program files google google gears internet explorer gears dll TB C B - - D - B - A CD F - No File uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exe uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings tricia local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun TrackPointSrv tp serv exe mRun EZEJMNAP c progra thinkpad utilit EzEjMnAp Exe mRun TpShocks TpShocks exe mRun igfxtray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exe mRun PWRMGRTR rundll c progra thinkpad utilit PWRMGRTR DLL PwrMgrBkGndMonitor mRun ccApp quot c ... Read more

A:computer randomly hibernates; cannot start in safe mode

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278377/computer-randomly-hibernates;-cannot-start-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello,

My computer recently became infected with trojan antivirus programs. I wiped my computer with MBAM and SAS (both of which will not update). I tried to start my comp in safe mode, but it just reboots normally. My computer will also no longer go back to previous settings via system restore. Thanks for your help in advance.

A:Computer will not start in safe mode or system restore

I had a similiar instance with a PC I fixed a few weeks ago where it would not go into safe mode. Gmer log caught suspicious activity from the atapi.sys file. I installed MS recovery console, and deleted atapi.sys file and put a fresh legit copy in it's place. Could be it, but probably would be very wise to let the pros do the talking

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303278/computer-will-not-start-in-safe-mode-or-system-restore/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi Over the past two months I keep seeing lines accross my screens I have two dell monitors - one is nearly years old and the other is nearly two Nvidea, I can in mode! computer start only Update now safe for example if I had Update Nvidea, now I can only start computer in safe mode! a forum window open and I scroll down then lines macthing the colour of the threads replies will appear I had to stop using the google chrome browser because It would go really strange especially when watching YouTube the video wopuld turn into a kaleidoscope looking thing Anyway I presumed it was my software as it was happening on both screens and I thought it was unlikely that both monitors would start to go faulty at the same time earlier today I updated my Nvidea graphics card I think it was graphics card anyway Geeforce I hadn't updated it since I first got my PC over years ago Shortly after I updated it around minutes a blue sceen came up saying - A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need This screen comes up every time I try to start up my computer unless I run it in safe mode I wasn't sure what information to include if there's anything that I should have included but haven't let me know Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Update Nvidea, now I can only start computer in safe mode!

Hi Gordon999,

Have you tried Last Known Good Configuration ? Or possibly doing a system restore prior to when the issue arose. You could also perform system file checker by running sfc /scannow. You could also run chkdsk /r.

You might check to see if you can rollback the driver update.

Regards................

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501495/update-nvidea-now-i-can-only-start-computer-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi, Suddenly today our PC shut down spontaneously.  I can turn it on and sometimes get to the safe mode screen, but when I hit enter to get safe mode, the computer once again shuts down.  If I immediately try to restart, the computer won't even get to the first page without shutting down.  What to do?
thanks!  Barbara

A:Infected? Computer won't start long enough to get into safe mode

Is Safe Mode with Networking any better? What is your Operating system? Did you notice if you had any malware pop up or you were removing some before this happened.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486354/infected-computer-wont-start-long-enough-to-get-into-safe-mode/
Relevancy 72.67%

This started mode. start or wont normal Computer safe out as somthing i thought i could handel Not long after startup the system shuts down and says it was initiated by NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM quot Windows must now be restarted because the DCOM Server Process Launcher service terminated unexpectedly quot I thought i would be able to get rid of this by installing adaware and removing it that way I have no antivirus installed on the computer i know im stupid im sorry please dont turn this into a your an idiot thread so i Computer wont start normal or safe mode. downloaded adaware on another computer burned it to a disk because the internet didnt work anymore on the infected computer and figured i could install it Well that didnt work It would not let me install i got about half way and it gave me an error I attempted to start it in safe mode and it just froze a couple tries of that left me in a worse spot than i was I did also try restoring it to a previous point but it wouldnt let me click the next button that weirded me out Now the computer wont start it keeps giving me a blue screen then restarts itself I hope i gave enough information and i hope someone can help me Thank you for any help Scott Sorry i have windows XP SP

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270797/computer-wont-start-normal-or-safe-mode/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi all,

I have checked other threads for a solution to this problem, but I cannot seem to find one.

Ive got a Dell inspiron 1420 and it currently will not start up. After initializing, it gives me the screen that states that it detected an unusual shut down (which it did initiAlly, the screen froze so I powered it off manually). But now it won't get past this recovery screen. It freezes so that I cannot move to the option to start in safe mode nor will it do anything when I press f8 during start up. It freezes on this screen as well.

I have no idea if I am infected let alone how to check if I can't even get on my computer. I may have some sort of operating info on another forum that I could find.

Any suggestions?? I'm a student and need this computer!!

Thanks.

A:Computer freezes at start up; unable to get to safe mode

luckylindalu,
A re-format as suggested will wipe all your docs, photos etc & it therefore very drastic and is only a last resort so don't try it yet please!

I'm not sure of the solution but, in addition to the alternate boots you've already tried is there a "use last good configuration"? Or some kind of "repair" option? If so, try those in that order.

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-at-start-up-unable-to-get-to-safe-mode.989526/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have an HP Pavillion 553W and my husband thinks he is a computer technician at times and messes things up. He for whatever reason tried to install Service Pack 2 on our computer yesterday and when we tried to get on the computer this morning it will not open in normal or safe mode. IT tried to start up goes to the HP screen then to the XP screen and starts over again. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 72.67%

when i try and start my computer in regular mode it either freezes and restarts then and says "no bootable devices". or it just goes right to the black screen and says "no bootable devices". tried system restore and that didnt help

A:"no bootable devices"...have to start computer in safe mode

But...the computer boots into safe mode?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478202/no-bootable-deviceshave-to-start-computer-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello My computer will no longer let and safe will Computer start not in restarts forever, mode me Computer restarts forever, and will not start in safe mode access Windows XP or anything I start the computer it runs the Del screen runs the Windows XP screen and then gives me a black screen with the pointer then starts all over again Forever I left it overnight and I got the blue screen of death I am positive this has something to do with a virus as before this Computer restarts forever, and will not start in safe mode started happening my Norton said it wasn't protecting me and wouldn't fix when I clicked quot repair quot I then tried to install the newest Windows updates and it froze So I tried to restart no dice - then had to turn it off manually and am now in this mess I tried F and tried to restart in safe mode with connections safe mode debugging anything When I try to run safe mode I get a pile of code and then it goes into the restart loop I had problems with viruses before this happened the Norton told me there was a problem and it had been deleted - but over and over again Then I briefly saw a DOS like window pop up and dissapear quickly So I'm certain this is my problem I don't have a Windows XP CD to boot from Am I stuck Should I take it to Future Shop to get them to restore I do NOT want to lose my files Thank you Tech Support Forums you're my only hope

A:Computer restarts forever, and will not start in safe mode

Does this sound like it could be a virus problem? Or should I get admin to move to a different section? Thanks :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/computer-restarts-forever-and-will-not-start-in-safe-mode-374347.html
Relevancy 72.67%

My computer does not go past the "starting windows" logo on my computer. When it does the cursor just stays there loading. On top of that im not even able to do a system restore because of some type of error. Everything works fine on Safe Mode, and I really dont think its a virus. Im desperate, help ?

A:Computer wont start up. Works on Safe Mode.

Did you try using your Windows Repair disk? If you don't have any repair disk, use your Windows Installation disk and start by repairing your existing windows installation.

By the way, you can create a repair disk as follow :

System Repair Disc - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/246765-computer-wont-start-up-works-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 72.67%

As the subject says, my laptop will not start up in normal or safe mode, I have tried to enter Safe mode with command prompt to run chdsk but it still restarts. I turned off auto restart and this is the BSOD STOP error I am getting.

STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x825827D0, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)

A:BSOD, computer will not start in normal or safe mode

you may want to start with first trying to get your data off the disk. See How to recover your folders/files when Windows won?t boot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-computer-will-not-start-in-normal-or-safe-mode.136811/
Relevancy 72.67%

heres my hijackthis log Code Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS up viruses. it mode. I trojans can start computer and only has My in safe several System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe My computer has several trojans and viruses. I can only start it up in safe mode. C Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS System eb p u exe C WINDOWS System gspotbot exe C WINDOWS System links exe C WINDOWS System intel exe My computer has several trojans and viruses. I can only start it up in safe mode. C WINDOWS System rundll exe C WINDOWS System hedgie exe C svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C LSASS exe C WINDOWS System Ccnmobbh exe C taskmgr My computer has several trojans and viruses. I can only start it up in safe mode. exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS System sywsvcs exe C WINDOWS System hedgie exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Juno bin juno exe C Program Files Juno qsacc x exec exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe C Program Files Juno bin jsps exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp se dll space html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp se dll space html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http my juno com s sp r al amp cf sp amp mem bw-lw-dw amp key c c be ca bbaa amp ts ce amp A amp B amp C amp D amp I B JU amp N PLHS amp O A R - URLSearchHook no name - EE B -F - BB- FB-A BD B A - C Program Files SurfSideKick SskBho dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SearchToolbar - BEC AA- FC- - - B E C E - C WINDOWS System osqvz dll O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO X IEHook Class - EF -D A - AD-A -E CF - C Program Files Juno qsacc X IEBHO dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - no file O - BHO no name - D A-AF - FA - E -DA A - C WINDOWS System ihbj dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar no name - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - no file O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar SearchToolbar - BEC AA- FC- - - B E C E - C WINDOWS System osqvz dll O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS Sys... Read more

A:My computer has several trojans and viruses. I can only start it up in safe mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-has-several-trojans-and-viruses-i-can-only-start-it-up-in-safe-mode.419623/
Relevancy 72.67%

My computer has one of those (virus/malware/trojan?) fake anti-virus pop-ups which is more malicious than others I have dealt with - I cannot open any programs. It did let me back-up the files I wanted to keep. It will not let me run malwarebytes from a portable hard drive. I have had the computer for a few years and have a lot of unused programs/applications so thought I would just reformat the whole thing. The windows startup disk loads but when I press on install it says it cannot open and again tries to direct me to scan using their anti-virus.

I have a Dell Inspiron 640m. It operates with Microsoft XP Media Centre Edition Version 2005 SP2. I have kept up with my updates and SP3 is installed.

Any ideas how I can re-format?

A:[SOLVED] Would like to reformat but cannot start my computer in safe mode...

and welcome to the Forum

If you have the Dell System restore ( not all Dells do ) you can use that and you will not need a install CD

http://support.dell.com/support/topi...t?docid=181316

If not, You can get a reinstallation guide specific to your Dell here

Once you have XP installed, go to the Dell support site, enter your Service Tag Number and download the drivers

See this for the order they should be installed:

http://support.dell.com/support/topi...=en&l=en&s=dhs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-would-like-to-reformat-but-cannot-start-my-computer-in-safe-mode-448693.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello,

Recently my dad's computer had a corrupted hive and boot.ini. Via this website, I was instructed to run a chkdsk /r while in the recovery console. Everytime I used his OS disk to get into the recovery console, it prompted me for a password and I didn't know it (nor could I leave it blank). I decided to use my OS disk from my computer and I could fix the problem. Now, though, everytime I startup the computer, it prompts me to start windows normally, in safe mode, in safe mode with networking... To give further information...on that same screen there is an option for Windows XP and Windows XP Home Edition. Don't know if that has something to do with it. They both work though when I press enter on either one. Could anyone help me stop the computer from prompting me??? Thank you for any help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/258208/prompting-to-start-normally-safe-mode-safe-mode-with-networking-upon-startup/
Relevancy 72.67%

I recently attempted to clean my brother's computer after he aquired a virus from the torrent file program he uses. Regardless, I cleaned a trojan and a backdoor from his system from safe mode. I can not boot in normal mode. Everytime i try the system gets hung up at the windows loading screen then the screen turns black and sits there. I have to hard reboot. I ahve used a repar CD and i have come across an error 0x800700b7, i have also recived this when i tried to work around this problem "identifier {9dea862c-5cdd-4e70-acc1-f32b344d4795}"

OS= Win 7

A:System will only start in Safe mode, Clean virus in safe mode

You can spend a lot of time trying to fix the boot problem and clean the virus from the computer, or you can nuke it and reinstall Windows. I wouldn't bother trying to fix it, personally - I'd back up what I could and then I'd install Windows again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/214923-system-will-only-start-safe-mode-clean-virus-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I recently got help on this site removing some nasty malware from my computer and the nice person who helped me told me I should have automatic updates enabled on my computer I explained to her the reason why I didn t and she told me I computer installing start safe 3 pack after mode will in only service should post it in here to see if anyone could help me I stopped automatic updates on my computer because every time I updated it would load Windows XP service pack on my computer Then when it would restart for the changes to take effect my computer wouldn t boot back up it would only start in safe mode I would then uninstall the update in safe mode and my computer would go back to normal I read of some problems in the service pack sticky at the top of this forum and they talk about some Intel Power Managment drivers and problems related to computers with AMD processors which mine has so I imagine this is my problem Also in the stickys it says that service pack doesn t run computer will only start in safe mode after installing service pack 3 well internet explorer so my question I guess is do I really need to update to service pack and am I better off more secure is really what I am caring about with an older browser or the older service pack

A:computer will only start in safe mode after installing service pack 3

Hi -Have you run a CheckDisk yet - Close all open programs and copy and paste this code into the Run Box and click OK -It will take 30-45 mins to run and do a full 5 stage disk check -CMD /C ECHO Y|CHKDSK C: /R | SHUTDOWN /R /T 30Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318491/computer-will-only-start-in-safe-mode-after-installing-service-pack-3/
Relevancy 72.24%

The computer not the one I m on I m referring to will proceed to start up regularly but as the desktop appears different prompts show up one concerning Windows Media Player and another for Windows Defense Before I can really do anything the computer restarts itself I try to boot it in safe mode and the farthest it gets is a black screen with quot Safe Mode quot in each of the four corners I can run Spybot by opening up the Task Manager and that clears up the spyware The only problem is I can t run any anti-virus software I want to use AVG because the won't then start XP Safe Computer with Mode itself, Windows restarts completely in software that was previously on the computer isn t there anymore And when I try to Computer with Windows XP restarts itself, then won't completely start in Safe Mode install AVG it says that it cannot install in Safe Mode I m going to run Hijack This the next time I can get on the computer but I m wondering if there is anything I can do now nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-with-windows-xp-restarts-itself-then-wont-completely-start-in-safe-mode.640392/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello,

I have a HP Laptop Pavilion dv6. It has Windows 7 Home Premium x64 on it. When I hit the power button and let it turn on normally, it gets to the Windows 7 boot splash screen and gets stuck there for about 20 minutes. Sometimes it turns on completely, sometimes it will restart at that point then I am stuck waiting again after that.

I can boot into safe mode, and I am in pretty quickly. I have done a hard disk defrag to see if that helped anything and it didnt. I did a hard drive test through the bios and it said the drive was fine. I also did a memory test and that was all good. I tried the startup repair tools, and it came back with no errors found. Im stuck now.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Johnson.

A:Computer takes about 20 min to start up normal. Fast on safe mode.

Have you had any viruses recently? Try scanning with malwarebytes anti-malware Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

Also, is the PC running at normal speed once it's booted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288701-computer-takes-about-20-min-start-up-normal-fast-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Its a windows 7 laptop, it was full of viruses, the internet was almost unusable, but otherwise worked. I ran MBAM, it found a ton of stuff, said it had to restart. The computer seemed to lock up. I turned it off then back on.

It just goes to a black screen with a white cursor. I can move the mouse around but thats it. ctrl alt delete doesnt do anything. Safe mode still works. I booted into recovery tried startup repair, it said it couldnt fix it.

Any ideas? It seems like it should be fixable since safe mode still works. I really don't want to reinstall windows.

A:Computer will only start in safe mode after running Malware Bytes

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468762/computer-will-only-start-in-safe-mode-after-running-malware-bytes/
Relevancy 72.24%

Over the past few months I've started noticing problems on my computer A few months ago my computer crashed twice in one month Nothing big happened all I had to do was reboot Safe Mode only BSoD, to in Computer start - up fails works Recently this week I was watching a video using Computer fails to start up - BSoD, only works in Safe Mode VLC media player when the screen gets acts up for a second and then goes black After a minute or so the BSoD pops up It then restarts and I try to start it normally Another BSoD pops up before I see the log-in page This continues and I decide to shut down my computer for a while I then turn it on and it works this happened again today I had repetitive crashes and turned off my computer for a few minutes After I turned it back on it still didn't work I gave up and turned it off and came back hours later When I booted it up it started Crashes are more frequent now and seem arbitrary I've removed my external drive and tried everything I could but the initial screen where it starts up has someone of a fractal look with lines the screen is messed up and there are other imperfections of the usual startup screen I have no idea what's going on I've ran startup repair memory diagnostics tests and the former resulted in nothing and the latter came out all right I've also attempted system restore but I hadn't created restore points so I had to depend on recent ones from windows updates that were installed a few days ago I'm not sure if this is relevant but in early June there was a virus on the school system that apparently may have messed with the registry of computers I'm not sure if mine is a victim because my computer seemed to work fine until mid-late July I am grateful for any and all help I can get DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by A XiN at on MonInternet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion AV Norton Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Outdated E A - - -B - C C F SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Internet Security enabled Outdated CBB EE - - DAB- B -D C AA E A FW Norton Internet Security disabled C A C -F F- AC -B -A E C F Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows helppane exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Users A XiN Desktop dds scrC Windows system conime exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by DelluInternet Settings ProxyOverride localBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO e a - - d f-beae-d a c - c program files common files symantec shared coshared browser NppBho dllBHO IeCatch Class f -aa - b - f d- a b e ef - c progra flashget jccatch dllBHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllBHO - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files bae BAE dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllTB Show Norton Toolbar -f - -b -fbee c b df - c program files common files symantec shared coshared browser UIBHO dllTB F... Read more

A:Computer fails to start up - BSoD, only works in Safe Mode

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/246654/computer-fails-to-start-up-bsod-only-works-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 71.38%

Everytime i try to restart my computer in safe mode it runs the drivers than goes to a black screen and immidatly restarts. it starts up normally but right away Wiondow police pro comes up and prevents anything else from starting up. i need to boot up in safe mode to get rid of it but i cant and i dont have any disc to repair. any suggestions?

A:Computer wont start in safe mode so i can remove a virus and i have no disc.

I had a similar problem once. What I ended up doing was finding the program in the task manager, and ending the task (which promptly restarted). By doing this I knew what to look for on the hard drive. Then I went to that files directory on the hard drive and tried to delete it. I couldn't of course because it was running. See where I'm going with this? I then ended the task and deleted the file before it was able to restart, and not on the first try mind you. Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-wont-start-in-safe-mode-so-i-can-remove-a-virus-and-i-have-no-disc-415776.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I know just enough with computers to be dangerous and possibly ruin my computer which is why I m turning to you guys I ll just give you all the details I can and hopefully you can sift through it to find the important stuff I had safe will start complete. mode. Computer normally in freezing before scans and antivirus keeps Cant a virus not too long ago and it was recommended that I run ComboFix That got rid of the major problem except that when I click on Google links it will still send me to a different site I have to click the Back button and then the link again or times before I go to the right page I only ran ComboFix and deleted the files on my computer too Other than that I didn t do anything else Everything was fine for awhile Recently I had some problems after downloading some video and music files My computer has started to freeze after a period of time and Computer keeps freezing normally and before antivirus scans will complete. Cant start in safe mode. Internet Explorer will say it Computer keeps freezing normally and before antivirus scans will complete. Cant start in safe mode. needs to shut down a minute after opening If I ignore the message I ll get an quot iexplore exe - Application Error quot message also trying to shut down Internet Explorer I can still browse the internet though as I m typing this with the messages moved to the bottom of the screen The computer will freeze after running most programs iTunes Windows Media Player etc for about minutes or so I ran ComboFix MalWareBytes Ad-Aware and nothing will finish their scans Even if they do the computer will freeze before I can opt to delete anything I can t even delete my Temporary Internet Files without the computer freezing I don t know if this matters or not but I can t start my computer in Safe Mode I get a blue error screen and have to restart Is there anyway to stop things from freezing and possibly even get back to the point where I only have to click a link one time to go to the right page on Google Thank you

A:Computer keeps freezing normally and before antivirus scans will complete. Cant start in safe mode.

I am moving this topic to the Am I Infected forum where you can receive assistance for these issues. ~ OB

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276199/computer-keeps-freezing-normally-and-before-antivirus-scans-will-complete-cant-start-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 71.38%

For some reason my computer starts as if it is in safe mode with networking even when i specifically tell it to start normally, it has the old style start bar, no audio, and the administrator shows on the log in window. Ive only found this out when i thought i had to reinstall my audio drivers as i thought that was the cause of no sound. I tried to restart windows audio service and it gives the error number 1084 saying it cant be enabled in safe mode. Theres is no writing at the top of the screen stating it is in safe mode either.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

A:Computer opens in safe mode every time, even when 'start windows normally is selected

Is your shift key stuck? That is how you can start a computer into safe mode even if you select normal mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-opens-in-safe-mode-every-time-even-when-start-windows-normally-is-selected-311803.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello all I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that uses Windows Vista Home Basic that freezes shortly after I turn it on and log in I can still move the cursor but I can't click anything or type anything It works fine in Safe Mode I am in Safe Mode with Networking right now I am suspecting that it is something to do with the drivers since it works fine in Safe Mode For my first troubleshooting method I would like to disable all Startup items I possibly can in System Configuration The problem is that I don't know what I can disable and what I cannot I don't want to mess anything up The origin of the problem One night I was playing a computer game not in a web browser just on the computer then I went to bed I didn't after Works Safe Start Freezes Fine in Computer Mode but Up Shortly turn off the computer I just shut the Computer Freezes Shortly after Start Up but Works Fine in Safe Mode top About minutes later I heard the Windows start-up music I thought to myself quot What the quot I opened the top and it said something like quot Windows had to restart due to an error quot I click OK and proceeded After about maybe a minute it froze and I had to shut it off manually by holding down the power button Now every time I turn it on and log on after about a minute it freezes I can still move the cursor but can't click or type anything If disabling everything in the StartUp tab of System Configuration doesn't fix the issue I would like to disable all the items that I possibly can in the Services tab Here is a list of all the items that I have in the StartUp tab of System Configuration If someone could direct me as to what I may disable and I can't that would be great Windows Defender Alps Pointing-device Driver IDT PC Audio Dell Wireless WLAN Wireless Network Tray Applet Quickset RAID Event Monitor Catalyst Control Center DataSafeOnline Default Manager Cyberlink PowerDVD Dell Support Center Updates GrooveMonitor Utility AVG Internet Security Adobe Acrobat Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager hpwuSchd Application QuickTime Microsoft Windows Operating System Windows Live Messenger RoboForm DellDock HP Digital Imaging I can provide additional information about the above items such as the item's manufacturer and it's location Any help regarding how to fix my freezing issue is greatly appreciated Thank you in advance

A:Computer Freezes Shortly after Start Up but Works Fine in Safe Mode

The only items required in startup are your antivirus, firewall and windows defender. All others can be started when needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336089/computer-freezes-shortly-after-start-up-but-works-fine-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 71.38%

Yesterday I believe I got a virus from a file I downloaded I would guess - it happened right after I ran the file - a music instrument synthesizer called quot Waves quot Pretty much right away the computer shut off and then would only run for about seconds in regular mode but works in safe mode with networking EDIT Oh the first thing I did was uninstall what I thought was the virus-causing program and then did a system restore for one week prior This did not help with the virus at all Other symptoms are that when I click on my virus get & won't in links of computer which start mode search non-safe rid me Trying redirects let to search results they are sometimes redirected to bogus pages Trying to get rid of virus which redirects search links & won't let me start computer in non-safe mode multiple search engines at least bing and google I would say other than my computer not working in regular mode this is the only symptom The first thing I noticed after my best guess of when infection began was that a Microsoft file called ctfmon exe was running so I did some research and found that this file can be infected so I took care of deleting that from my PC as well as the registry because I never use it anyway So that is no longer running but that did not take care of the problem the virus still persists I have run Trend Micro House Call as well as Spybot and neither took care of the issue When I try to install Norton the installer opens and closes repeatedly - I don t know if this is a symptom of the virus or because I am in safe mode Does anyone have any idea what I can do next to identify get rid of this virus trojan Any help would be greatly appreciated I d really like to get my computer up and running again Thank you Eric

A:Trying to get rid of virus which redirects search links & won't let me start computer in non-safe mode

Hello and welcome.Please run these ,post the logs and let me know.Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe (v2.4.0.0) from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 2.3.2.2 of the tool.Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/386616/trying-to-get-rid-of-virus-which-redirects-search-links-wont-let-me-start-computer-in-non-safe-mode/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello This is my first post not and Start mode, any has them safe work. do Computer windows choice of normaly of One day I was using my computer and a windows update notification popped up saying windows has updated what would you like to do and yo have minutes until the computer will restart I said restart later Then I went away from my pc and it restarted because that popped up while I was away and I was away for more than minutes It restarted and now I have this menu that says windows has dected a problem with software or hardware what would you like to Computer has choice of safe mode, Start windows normaly and any of them do not work. do I first selected start windows normal The computer restarted and I did not see any of the windows boot screen I chose safe mode It also restarted as well I brought the pc as a HP pavillion Computer has choice of safe mode, Start windows normaly and any of them do not work. but I upgraded the mother board cpu and case so the recovery cd is useless and I also don t want to reinstall windows becasue I will lose lots of data and I have lost all of my backup dvd s I have also found a windows xp cd but it is already installed on one pc could I do this change the product key when it asks for it to the product key I do not want to breach the Microsoft eula I think the only way to fix it is to boot to a linux live cd and send all my data by ftp to another pc on my home network but that might take a long time to send gigabytes of data over a mbps wifi network Then reinstall windows useing if I can somehow I do not want to have to buy another windows xp cd bye nbsp

A:Computer has choice of safe mode, Start windows normaly and any of them do not work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-has-choice-of-safe-mode-start-windows-normaly-and-any-of-them-do-not-work.804857/
Relevancy 71.38%

Like the title says, my computer is stuck on a black screen. I downloaded an update and was instructed to restart the computer. After restarting the computer it went to a black screen. It won't do anything past that. I've tried starting it in safe mode but always with the same result. I have no idea what to do with this short of taking it to Best Buy to have the geek squad take a look at it and frankly I don't feel like doing that. If anyone knows how to fix this or has any suggestions, I'm open to anything. Please help.

A:Computer stuck on black screen - wont start in safe mode

Have you tried selecting Last Known Good Configuration from the Safe Mode menu? It sometimes works. Also, if you put in your W7 DVD and select Repair rather than Install after making the language choice, StartUp repair might help and if it does not, try System Restore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-stuck-on-black-screen-wont-start-in-safe-mode.980642/
Relevancy 70.52%

I recently reformatted using the recovery program that in works selective hangs up mode start intervals, random in safe but at Computer not s built in with this computer because it was cluttered and virus plagued So i reformatted but it started to hang every once in a while after i started refilling it it was rare and occassional at first but then it got to happening more and more often Computer hangs at random intervals, works in safe mode but not in selective start up Eventually it got to Computer hangs at random intervals, works in safe mode but not in selective start up a point where i had to do something drastic Computer hangs at random intervals, works in safe mode but not in selective start up i ve done memory tests and checked the hard drive and it all comes out fine and then i read somewhere someone had similiar problems and it was due to SP so i uninstalled it and then was without internet and my browsers stopped functioning Once again i was forced to reformat and it functioned properly with internet and no hangs for about one session then i updated the factory version of norton that comes with computer and restarted and now only one out of ten times im even able to click my name on the login before it freezes and if i do get in its only a matter of minutes untill it locks up again The mouse just stops the keyboard doesnt respond and i m forced to restart oh ya and all sound stops too So now i m in safemode and it works fine and i ve now started experimenting with selective startup doing trial and error with different services and start up items but basically im lost and just dicking around cuz it feels like im doing something gt lt so if anyone has any words of wisdom lemme have em nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-hangs-at-random-intervals-works-in-safe-mode-but-not-in-selective-start-up.795429/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi guys.

I too have a PC that started to just shut down on its own and reboot but now it doesn't even get past the initial loading of the op system. I tried different hard drives but the blue screen keeps coming up saying either shut down incorrectly or the typical messages that right now escape me. Anyway I did my best to dust it out and checked all the connections. Just prior to it shutting down I did do a software install but in my opinion it appears to have nothing to do with it since another hard driver doesn't boot the system up. Any hints on what to look for? All the specs are at the HP site. I thought it was supposed to show up in my posting but I guess it didn't.

A:HP m7490n Shutting down and can't even go into safe mode

I've split your post to a new thread; piggybacks only get confusing.

You need to copy the error type and parameters from the blue screen.

Also, remove all pci cards and other non-essential hardware for a test boot.

Have you tested the ram? That would really be the first thing to try --
Since almost all bugchecks can be caused by faulty ram, I would recommend you perform memory tests.

Beginners Guides: Diagnosing Bad Memory
Memtest86 - A Stand-alone Memory Diagnostic

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-m7490n-shutting-down-and-cant-even-go-into-safe-mode.709430/
Relevancy 70.09%

I am running windows xp sp on my hp pavilion dv se laptop and have started to have some problems First I was running the windows safe shutting system mode down!! disk defragmenter and it took a very very long time to complete I try to defrag regularly and I know it is not an instantaneous process But it seems to be unusually slow now and even when it says its completed it also says there were files it could not defrag I tried to run defrag in safe mode to see if that would improve the speed and defrag everything But in safe mode once it started defragging my entire system shut down No warning no nothing Just all of a sudden a black screen and I had to physically turn safe mode shutting system down!! the computer back on My system seems to be operating fine I even ran all safe mode shutting system down!! of my scans in regular mode yesterday safe mode shutting system down!! avg ewido spybot and adaware and nothing was out of the norm I think avg found a trojan but it deleted it But today when I tried to run ewido and avg in safe mode the system shuts down again To see how extense the problem was I booted in safe mode and tried a couple of things First I let it just set there to see if the shutting down was simply on a timer It didn t shut down though So I opened Word and a few other aps and it worked just like it should w out shutting down When running disk defrag avg scan ewido and spybot scan it will shut down What would be making my safe mode unsafe for virus scans Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:safe mode shutting system down!!

This sounds more like an overheating issue than a software/virus one. When you defrag, scan or do anything that takes time, the computer is working really hard. When you do this is the bottom of the laptop hot? Make sure that all the fan intakes and exhausts are not covered. Make sure that the fans kick on when it gets hot. I know that some of these suck air from the bottom and have little clearance when sitting on a desk. If you have it sitting on your bed or something, this will totally block the intakes and it will shut off on its own when it overheats.

It might also be caused by your hard drive going bad.

Run a full checkdisk on it. This will check for bad spots and bad sectors. Start >run
type cmd
type chkdsk /f/r
it will tell you it can't lock the drive. You want to run at next reboot?
type y
reboot the machine
This will take quite a while to run. If you watch it and see it finding bad sectors, you drive is going out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/safe-mode-shutting-system-down.437738/
Relevancy 70.09%

I've seemed to have gotten careless and been infected with something My computer Gateway P- which is a wireless setup has been powering off during AVG free scans I have tried to scan it in safe mode and the same thing happens I know it's not running hot I have another problem aswell but Shutting Out Down In of Comp Safe Mode and I don't know it it's related or if it's just my computer that problem is that my CPU seems to get maxed out for short periods of time daily I'm guessing I'm part of a botnet I ran HijackThis and have the log if you want to see it I also have the log of when I ran Stinger Below I attached the log of DDS I couldn't get the log of RootReal as It would run for awhile then the window would go transparent and I could only see the border DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Comp Shutting Down In and Out of Safe Mode Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Comp Shutting Down In and Out of Safe Mode Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Comp Shutting Down In and Out of Safe Mode Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows system agrsmsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C PROGRA EACCEL FRAMEW eac productsvc exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files WD WD Anywhere Backup MemeoBackgroundService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Sony Shared Plug-Ins Media Manager MSSQL SONY MEDIAMGR Binn sqlservr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files eAcceleration eacsvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C PROGRA EACCEL FRAMEW eac svc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Windows sttray exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Acceleration Software Anti-Virus stopsignav exe C Program Files eAcceleration Station station bk exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows explorer exe C Users Owner Downloads dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www daemon-search com startpage uDefault Page URL hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp SubCH BB amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M P- mStart Page hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp SubCH BB amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M P- mDefault Page URL hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp SubCH BB amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M P- uInternet Settings ProxyServer uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt mSearchAssistant hxxp www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp SubCH BB amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M P- mWinlogon Userinit c windows system Userinit exe BHO M... Read more

A:Comp Shutting Down In and Out of Safe Mode

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267032/comp-shutting-down-in-and-out-of-safe-mode/
Relevancy 70.09%

I am writing from my own laptop, but the problem I am having is with another laptop.It is a Sony Vaio running Windows Vista.I am getting an error message when trying to turn it on--Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:1. Insert you Windows installation disc and restart your computer.2. Choose language settings, click next3. Click "repair your computer"If you do not have the disc (of course, I don't!) contact your system admin or computer manufacturer for assistance.File: \Windows\system32\config\systemStatus: 0xc000014cInfo: Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt.

A:Windows VISTA: Failed to start...won't start in safe mode, or any other mode!

Typically the system32 Files I would simply replace and expect to get back in to Windows, but with The Registry file being purported as Damaged or missing I would recommend re-installing windows. You can get restore CD's from your manufacturer.

If you tap the F8 key on boot and get options to boot into other modes, I would pick Last known good configuration as you might fix the problem this way.
Not likely, but it's worth a shot.
Good Luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/181379/windows-vista-failed-to-startwont-start-in-safe-mode-or-any-other-mode/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi I ll get straight to the issue in hand I have a virus on my laptop i was in the process of sorting this out however i clicked on run - Msconfig - Boot - safe boot and selected minimal I re-started and the computer loaded automatically Plus Safe mode shutting MSCONFIG down? problem in safe mode however it got to the blue screen and the computer shut down automatically I take it i need to de-select this option but i can t even get beyond this blue screen which keeps shutting the computer down There is an option on my windows Operating system to use CMD Safe mode shutting down? Plus MSCONFIG problem as part of the recovery process however i ve tried to open MSCONFIG in there but to no avail I dont have any system restore points set up either so all i have is the Regedit option as i can get into Regedit My two questions are quite simply Can i open MSCONFIG in cmd and Why is safe mode not loading and shutting the computer down Is this virus related I guess a third question would also be what can i do besides reverting back to default factory settings Kind regards your help is much obliged Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/safe-mode-shutting-down-plus-msconfig-problem.1044300/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys Bought a new Dell PC last year with Vista premium already installed on it I had some issues when I tried to update service pack one cause the admin users access to freeze upon logging in crtl-alt-del wouldnt even work Created a new users or a guest and vista seemed to work fine though logging in as the old admin user still cause the system to freeze month or so later and the system will allow me to log on new user guest and within seconds the system loggs off and shuts down all on its own Restarting in Safe mode cause this to shut down to happen even faster As the system starts up fine and allowed me to log on view the files on my desk top I took this as a sign my hard drive power source was working Right A tech that looked at the machine Briefly mentioned that it might be itself in down off logging then Shutting mode) by Safe Vista (even because Microsoft is under the impression that this is a pirated copy for some reason why the issue also happens is safe mode Anyone have any similar issue

A:Vista logging off then Shutting down by itself (even in Safe mode)

Windows restarts as a result of Windows crashing- Constant rebooting is most likely a result of Windows Corruption. Use your Disk/recovery partition to access advanced recovery ultilities. Perform a system restore to a point before the crashes, or reinstall/repair your Windows Installation.

Further info regarding endless reboots and Pirated software:

SP1 can also cause endless rebooting. (Download all updates from Windows Update including any prerequisite updates before SP1 installation)
The problematic update — Servicing Stack Update (KB937287) — was pulled from the automatic update in February.
However, now Microsoft has the problem in hand, according to the Microsoft Update team blog: "We discovered that there were a few unknown and rare events during the middle of the installation of the update that could cause the update to think it needed a reboot to complete the installation. If this happened, the system entered a repeating reboot loop."
A fix is being released on Tuesday which will install prior to the problematic update and prevent the system from rebooting during installation. Changes have also been made to the Servicing Stack Update installer code so it checks for the fix before installing. Both updates will install in the proper order through Windows Update.
-April 2008 ZDNET

Pirated software warning-
Users whose systems are identified as counterfeit will be presented with clear and recurring notices about the status of their system and how to get genuine. "They won't lose access to functionality or features, but it will be very clear to them that their copy of Window Vista is not genuine and they need to take action"

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/203566-vista-logging-off-then-shutting-down-itself-even-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 68.8%

This morning we had a power outage and when I turned my computer back on it would not boot I tried several times to hard boot computer [SOLVED] with mode or mode except in boot will not safe networking. safe with no luck Then I tried safe mode Ran an antivirus scan and it showed [SOLVED] computer will not boot except in safe mode or safe mode with networking. malware and several infections which it cleaned The computer still would not boot normally I then ran chkdsk still would not boot normally I have ran malware bytes registry repair and the [SOLVED] computer will not boot except in safe mode or safe mode with networking. registry defrag program as well as done a disk clean up It still will not boot in normal mode Since my last problems that you helped me with I have upgraded to a broadband internet connection and have a home network The other computers on the network are fine A week ago I had purchased Avast internet security and had problems immediately It would not allow me to connect to the internet That was uninstalled and I went back to the free Avast antivirus Zone alarm and Spyware blaster I was very unhappy with Avast customer service and support iYogi and decided I did not want Avast on my computer at all I have since downloaded PC tools free antivirus Once I have my computer operational again I am open to suggestions Fortunately I did not change anything on the other computers Just mine Running Windows XP Thank you

A:[SOLVED] computer will not boot except in safe mode or safe mode with networking.

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

the outage may have damaged the psu

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-computer-will-not-boot-except-in-safe-mode-or-safe-mode-with-networking-605216.html