Windows Support Forum

Software making files with a weird space ___file.inf

Q: Software making files with a weird space ___file.inf

Sup all

Hi i am testing a hdd software and for some reason when i backup a hdd information i get a file with a space ___file.inf, i know is not my windows cause everything else is working fine, i know is the software, BUT what i can search in the files of the software to fix that, what controls the letters of a file and spaces.

Sorry for the weird question. Forgot to mention works good on WINXP, so it has to be something on WIN7.

Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Software making files with a weird space ___file.inf

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Software making files with a weird space ___file.inf

Whats the name of the software, and what does it do exactly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/315006-software-making-files-weird-space-___file-inf.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all My first post here thank you for reading it I just set up Windows installed onto an iSCSI target served by my Ubuntu box using ZFS with compression and SCST to deliver the iSCSI target Works marvellously Now I'm Best all for and zeroing software files crud/tmp space? removing free interested in snapshotting this installation at crucial points in time already have a snapshot of quot just installed first boot pending quot and quot initial configuration completed quot Anyone unfamiliar with ZFS snapshosts it's Best software for removing all crud/tmp files and zeroing free space? basically like VMware snapshots and here I have server-side compression in effect too So as I'd like to snapshot as much as possible yet waste as little space as possible I'm looking for programs that'll remove quot non-essential quot data from my drive that I'd run before powering down and then snapshotting with ZFS Non-essential data would be Windows temp local temp Chrome IE temp superfluous MSI quot rollback system update quot data like Windows as I'd already have a snapshot of before whichever update I'd installed Basically anything that is removable and still keep the system running fine Including if possible an option to zero out any unused blocks as that'd make the snapshot smaller server-side given that it'd already compressing blocks there So what are your experiences Do you know of any programs like that that would fit my needs Thanks in advance for any help Daniel

A:Best software for removing all crud/tmp files and zeroing free space?

I've been using CCleaner for some time. The link is in my sig.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/289809-best-software-removing-all-crud-tmp-files-zeroing-free-space.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Windows XP Home I have been looking at image recovery programs to see what can be extracted from the free space after all the cleaning operations have been implemented Having seen the amount of information that can / 10,000 Files! Free Wiping Shredding software cannot wipe Disc Space be recovered I will no longer empty the Recycle Bin without shredding the contents but Shredding / Wiping software cannot wipe 10,000 Free Disc Space Files! it Shredding / Wiping software cannot wipe 10,000 Free Disc Space Files! seems that an enormous amount of information is still being collected which the normal individual is unaware of eImage Recovery Demo has found images and files in my deleted free space area of the hard disc Some are damaged due to overwriting but a vast majority have a clear preview picture of what can be recovered Because I do not recognise many of these pictures it seems that Windows is placing jpg bmp png etc images in this free space without my knowledge Perhaps some are gifs of bars and buttons from web surfing I have tried using some of the more user friendly and good reviews internet clearing tools available CCleaner Drive Discovery Active Privacy Guardian Washer Index dat Suite CleanCache PurgeIE IndexDat-Zap Version The images images that eImage Recovery displays seemingly cannot be removed by any of the normal space clearing methods available see below I have downloaded on trial practically every recovery program known to man and it is quite alarming to note that most only display a short list of deleted files in my free space area There are only programs that I can find which show an extended list of deleted files with preview pictures and these are eImage Recovery as mentioned above DiskInternals Uneraser and also VirtualLab Client which is a bit more complex To give you an idea how much effort I have put into this I have looked at all these programs in the hope of finding a tool that will wipe completely all the free space files beyond recovery and then check the free space after to see that no files are recoverable Active Privacy Guardian Washer NShred Super File Recover Virtual Lab Easis Data Lifesaver NetSpring Data Recover Back Life DiskDoctor DIY Data Recover Undelete Plus Wundelete Recover All Raise Data Recovery for NTFS Recover data for NTFS Arax Disk Doctor Object Rescue Pro Reviver Stellar Phoenix data recovery Data Recovery Pandora File Recovery Recovery Files Final recovery Directory Snoop Undelete Plus File Scavenger Clean Disc Security Tune Up Utilities Restoration Blanccco File Shredder BCWipe Ace Utilities Data Disk Recovery Easy Soft Undelete PC Mesh Win Hex Editor Recover Lost Data Eraser I have also wiped the free space several times using different programs yet still these files remain I have used Restoration to wipe the free space with pass Blancco File Shredder using passes Drive Discovery using passes File Shredder using passes Finally File Shredder again using the pass Guttmann Algorithm I have also wiped the slacks the file table entries and the system swap file Goodness knows what this is doing to my hard drive When I have shred every last evidence of computer internet activity shred the Recycle Bin Guttmann shredded the Free Space and removed all cookies and entries how is it possible for a basic recovery program like eImage Recovery to find so many records on my hard disc I have not tried to recover any files because this is not possible with the demo program It is not relevant anyway as the image content of the files which have not been overwritten are clearly visible and not marked as damaged I think there must be other records kept by Microsoft somewhere that are not touched by these wiping facilities I have also read somewhere that Office Word records activity which cannot be detected in the normal way Another thought I had was that the Clipboard might be applying records to the free space I have attached a few screen shots to give you an idea of the files being deposited in th... Read more

A:Shredding / Wiping software cannot wipe 10,000 Free Disc Space Files!

Give this one a go, select the DoD 7 passes, and then try and find something
http://www.tolvanen.com/eraser/download.shtml

It should take hours and hours. However, the only real safe solution is to do a format - and then "erase" the whole drive.

BTW, this is free and in my opinion, the best! Why so eager to get rid of your traces tho?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shredding-wiping-software-cannot-wipe-10-000-free-disc-space-files.647768/
Relevancy 54.18%

HELP PLEASE... uninsstalling software...not enough disk space...please free space http://www.vistax64.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

when i try to install software it comes up with (drive)not enough disk space..when i have 30gb left..

when i attempt to create a restore point twice 1st came up with 0x80070070 and 2nd was

when i load a picture it says not enough picture please close some apps/free up disk space

when i uninstall a software it says an error occured while writing installation information to disk.check to make sure enough disk space is available, and click retry or cancel end the ..

my computer has 1 harddrive split into C and D partitions...its an ACER 57357 with 4gb ram,2.16ghz-667mhz fsb-1mb l2 cache, 320gb harddrive, 4500m intergrated graphics

A:HELP PLEASE... uninsstalling software...not enough disk space...please free space

Originally Posted by npm1

HELP PLEASE... uninsstalling software...not enough disk space...please free space http://www.vistax64.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

when i try to install software it comes up with (drive)not enough disk space..when i have 30gb left..

when i attempt to create a restore point twice 1st came up with 0x80070070 and 2nd was

when i load a picture it says not enough picture please close some apps/free up disk space

when i uninstall a software it says an error occured while writing installation information to disk.check to make sure enough disk space is available, and click retry or cancel end the ..

my computer has 1 harddrive split into C and D partitions...its an ACER 57357 with 4gb ram,2.16ghz-667mhz fsb-1mb l2 cache, 320gb harddrive, 4500m intergrated graphics

We could use a screenshot of your disk management console

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/software/273341-help-please-uninsstalling-software-not-enough-disk-space-please-free-space.html
Relevancy 53.32%

How long or old do updates have to be before they can be removed, if possible, from Windows XP?
I'm trying to add a program and I'm looking to make as much space as possible.

A:Making Space

im not so sure so sure removing updates would be a good idea...instead look though your computer and find stuff you can delete... use a cleaner to free up some space(windows disk clean up, ccleaner) and maybe consider saving some less important files online, but if you have your heart set on removing them use the "windows xp update remover" at http://downloads.tech-pro.net/files/wursetup.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/making-space.1044030/
Relevancy 52.89%

I recently updated my eee pc 20 gb from linux to windows xp and due to the hastle it was causing me trying to find ac copy ready altered i.e. less ram & memory I ended up installing the whole thing, which dont get me wrong runs perfectly...

But...

The way the gb's are spread out is it gives you 4gb for you c: drive and 16gb for the other, but as your probably aware after installing full xp plus, microsoft word (which i installed minimum spec), anti-virus & vlc i am only left with 300mb's.

Heres where you come in...

I would be really appreciative of any help in order to creating some more space i.e. deleting aspects of word that can be deleted as it wont effect machine and also there not really used etc.

Thanks in advance,

RangersBoy

A:Making space on eee pc 20gb...

Sorry I meant deleting aspects of windows...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/making-space-on-eee-pc-20gb.768268/
Relevancy 52.89%

On my Desktop I have one GB HD C with XP Home installed and various other programs I also have other IDE HD of GB D and GB E which I use to store my backups and other Utilities I plan to buy Windows and install it on this Desktop but I wonder which will be the best option I would also like if possible to be able to dual boot between the OS s One is to make an image of the XP Home and then re install it on the GB hard disk then install the on the SATA HD Here I don t know when I install XP on the D hard disk if the new image will make the changes to all programs from the C to D The other option is to use GPARTED LiveCD and shrink the SATA hard disk to allow me to make partitions Here I don t know if it 8.1 for Solved: Making Space is a good idea to Solved: Making Space for 8.1 have two OS on the same HD but on different partitions What is your opinion on the above and perhaps Solved: Making Space for 8.1 there are other better ways nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Ignore my joke name have long ago upgraded from Vista to Windows which I love Am approaching the limit of my C drive and encountering system instability and can't seem to make enough space About a month ago I moved videos audios and photos to my almost-empty E drive which freed a lot of space on C But since then the space has been filled again even though I haven't installed new programs or stored any video audio photo making me wonder if something I'm unaware of is creating the problem such as some kind of backing up that I'm unaware of especially as there were at least two crashes I also ran a virus check on AVG which brings up nothing So I space in Windows Making 7 installed and ran Wiztree which identifies fat files and folders which might indicate where I can delete The biggest file Making space in Windows 7 at GB is of course Windows - is there anything in that file I can safely delete

A:Making space in Windows 7

You say you ran AVG.

Your specs say you have Avast.

Which do you have and which did you run?

Avast is known to have a bug that eats up space, related to System Restore points.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369778-making-space-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have noted from the Add/Remove programs list on my Control Panel (Start) that I have the following:

1. Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 (no size given)
2. Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 SP2 185 MB
3. Microsoft.NET Framework 3.0 SP2 179 MB
4. Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 28.94 MB
I am trying to reclaim space on my computer. I do not know if any of these programs are interrelated, but is it possible to remove #2 toward achieving my goal without compromising the function of the others?

My operating system is Windows XP (home version). If this is related to hardware rather than software, I apologize, but please educate me.

Lionelago

Relevancy 52.46%

When I try and run the Win 10 Anniversary upgrade (Windows10Upgrade28084.exe) I am informed that I do not have the 20 GBytes of free space on the C: drive required to proceed and the option to use an external drive is not presented:

As my laptop has only 90 Gbytes of available storage, with only 4 Gbytes currently free, obtaining 20 Gybtes free space by moving temporarily moving folders to an external drive is difficult.

Viewing the partitions with AOMEI Partition assistant I see that the Restore partition uses 20 GBytes of which 9.43 GBytes is free:

Is it possible to copy this partition to an external drive, delete it, expand the OS partition by 20 GBytes, run the Windows 10 Update, reduce the OS partition size by 20 Gbytes and then copy the Restore partition back (using AOMEI Partition Manager Standard)? I fear that the upgrade may require the Restore partition to be present in order to run OK.

A:Making space for Windows 10 Upgrade

Problem is that you can't merge partitions that are not next to each other.
Somehow you ended up with too many partitions, is that an upgrade from older windows on an OEM computer ?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/66055-making-space-windows-10-upgrade.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Recently my internet's been on the fritz and I get disconnected from my ADSL line every time i use FireFox so until I fix that I've been using making disappear IE6 Downloads HD space IE However I'm having some serious problems losing space on my C drive where IE is installed Say I have GB left on it I IE6 Downloads making HD space disappear download a MB file to my D drive and it appears there just fine but now i only have GB left on my C drive When the file is at there is a quot Copying to D quot prompt from strange folders like OJG JDMT I tracked down those folders and they are empty I tracked down where the added space is supposedly going to but it doesnt make sense I've lost about MB or so through this process testing and such The files go somewhere in my Documents and Settings folder for my main user quot Me quot Right now that entire folder is about GB of which is part of my desktop and MB of which is in My Documents So that means another MB is spread out around the folder Looking around the entire rest of the space looks legit Yet whenever I download a MB file the entire folder gets MB larger but my Desktop and My Documents stay the same size I don't know where it goes I've deleted Temporary Internet Files I've done all the usual stuff Deleted my cache Searched my C drive for all files larger than X megabytes and I can't find a trace of any of the files I think it has something to do with IE downloading the file to a temporary folder then copying it to my target destination but I can't find where this temporary folder is or where those files are to manually delete them Thanks

A:IE6 Downloads making HD space disappear

That could be because when you download it downloads to you C drive into a temp folder, then moves it self over to the D drive, maybe it is not not deleting the temp files. Yea so I think you are right.

**Here is a tool called Cleanup!, but a warning that it will delete everything out of your temp folders, recycle bin and it does not make back ups, use at own risk**

Please download Cleanup! and install it. You will use this later.

*NOTE* Cleanup deletes EVERYTHING out of temporary folders and does not make backups.

Open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from the Start > All Programs menu).
Set the program up as follows:

Click "Options..."
Move the arrow down to "Custom CleanUp!"
Put a check next to the following (Make sure nothing else is checked!):Empty Recycle Bins
Delete Cookies
Delete Prefetch files (if present)
Cleanup! All Users
Click on the Temporary Files tab and uncheck the box for Scan drives for files matching if it?s checked.
Click OK
Press the CleanUp! button to start the program and reboot when prompted.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie6-downloads-making-hd-space-disappear-165753.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My fan sounds like there is something in it, its making noises like it is stalling or something. Its so loud it wakes me up some nights when i'm asleep. Is there anything i can do?

A:My PC's fan is making weird sounds.

Which fan is making the noise I.E case fan/cpu fan/psu fan?

Have you tried cleaning it carefully making sure there are no debris in the blades etc?

If all else fails you can always buy another one.

If it`s the psu fan are your temps stable?

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pcs-fan-is-making-weird-sounds.21227/
Relevancy 52.03%

Ok heres the problem sometimes when the drawer to my computer desk is shut kind of hard the fan in my computer starts to make a loud buzzing noise. It also happens when the computer is on for about an hour, but this can also happen if its on for 5 min. A friend of mine said that its that new virus going around the net, but I did a virus scan for that twice already and no cigar. Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 52.03%

It starts up right as the pc starts weird making pc noise very Old up It s an old Dell running Win or its my dad s pc used to be mine back in Part list is here http support dell com support top tails c us amp cs amp l en amp s dhs amp tab amp ck anavml However we changed the video card taking out the card it s a Mad dog GeForce mx mb bit The sound sounds like maybe it s something in the fan of the vid card its not a clicking but sounds like a bee buzzing really loud--alters slightly in pitch now and then When I opened Old pc making very weird noise up the case and looked around while it was running the loudest part Old pc making very weird noise of the sound seemed to come Old pc making very weird noise from the vid card When i jiggled the monitor cable coming out of it it altered in pitch back and forth to the way it was being jiggled Looking at it out of the pc it doesn t look strange some dust which I tried cleaning out When I put it back in noise was still there And during post I heard what I think is the video card s shot beep pattern long short short Then i hear the normal post single beep and it sounds like it s starting normally However nothing s on the monitor I shut it down and tried again Got the same thing but this time it shut itself down Is the vid card shot nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

It sounds like a fan in my computer tower speeds up and than slows down to normal. What causes this?? Please Advise -- I am the type of chick that likes to jump in her car, push the gas pedal and go. Therefore, I am not very computer savvy - LOL!!!

T

A:Fan Making Weird Sound

The fan's RPM's are adjusting to the system's temperature , that is what I think. When was the last time you " cleaned " the fan out with some canned air? Always good to keep that stuff clean

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/fan-making-weird-sound-260566.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,
My desktop computer Acer Aspire M5630 fan is making weird noise. And its not the big fan its that small fan
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7164/smallfan.jpg
It suddenly stops and then accelerates rapidly, and does that for a 2 sec interval. I wanted to buy it myself and replace it but i couldnt find it online or even whats its called. Also wanna know aproximately how much it costs and how hard it is to replace it.
Also, if you look at the picture u'll see a white cable with blue ends, one of which is unplugged. I dont know if it was like that or its supposed to connect to somewhere...
Thanx.
Alex

A:Fan making weird noise

Hello there.

That fan is the cooler for the graphics card on your computer. It should be fairly easy to replace so long as the correct part is bought. You will need to find out what make and model graphics card that is in your computer first. I would say from the photo it looks like a fairly old ATI 3*** series card but you can check to find the model number by

Right Clicking On Desktop -> Click Properties -> Click Settings Tab.

It should say on there somewhere what type of graphics card. for example. My computer says

Display:
Plug and Play Monitor on NVIDIA GeForce 9400GT.

Copy that out onto your next post and I will see if I can find a cooler that will replace the one you have. Generally small fans like that on on there will often get whiney and loud as they wear out. My one on my old Nvidia 5700le went like it. It still works though.

You could try just cleaning the dust out of the fan as well to make sure it isn't just clogged but I would recomend that you get a nice new cooler for it and some new thermal paste and that will make it quieter and also run cooler. You may even be able to fit a passive cooler that doesn't require a fan at all meaning silen opperation.

Jack-O-Bytes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fan-making-weird-noise.930092/
Relevancy 52.03%

My HD used to make sounds...like scraping noises when i ran Windows defender. Now its started to make it when i shut down. And just today it started making it while i was talking on msn. Does anyone know whats causing this? Thanks.

A:Hd Making Weird Sounds

It is probably the hard drive going bad.

Back-up your data and plan on replacing it soon if not immediately.

If you replace it before it fails it is much easier to deal with. Most new hard drives will come with software to migrate the contents of your old hard drive including the operating system to the new drive (or the capability to download it from the hd manufacturer).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/64872/hd-making-weird-sounds/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I'm back and have a question regarding pc. For the past few days there has been a weird noice coming from pc tower, real bad squealing noise. It doesn't do it all the time but it gets pretty loud at times. Just a few minutes ago while online, my dos screen came up and message that I must immediately shut down and restart my computer before any serious damage was done. Have you any ideas?

Relevancy 51.6%

I received a warning message on my Sony Vaio laptop deleting keeps fluctuating disc recover when files, I space can't space to clear up space because I'm running out of it I looked on my C drive and was down to GB of hard drive space I can't recover disc space when deleting files, space keeps fluctuating out of GB I know I'm at least supposed to have - GB's left So then I proceeded to delete a few gb files even cleared them out of the recycle bin and went to check if I had more space and nothing changed So I decided to update Malwarebytes when I notice that my drive space is still decreasing to GB's now Next I decide to reboot in safe mode with networking I update Malwarebytes again and it picks up nothing after a full scan So then I decide to update and run SuperAntiSpyware Portable It actually picks up two registry entries from BHO-FBI Money Pak and some tracking cookies I quarantine those files and boot back in regular mode and I notice the drive is still losing space I figure their has to be something wrong because when I'm in safe mode with networking their is about GB of space left on the drive I'm confused as to what to do next This is very weird

A:I can't recover disc space when deleting files, space keeps fluctuating

Have you checked to see how many restore points you have? I'll leave the possible malware aspect of your issue to others here more qualified.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499026/i-cant-recover-disc-space-when-deleting-files-space-keeps-fluctuating/
Relevancy 51.6%

Here's my boggle.

I have a 350 gig sata drive that has 2 partitions, (C and D)

C is the system partition and I set it to 20 gig

D is a storage partition and I set it to around 320 gig

The problem is I keep running out of space on the system partition, and even after using 'Crap Cleaner', I generally barely keep 'above water' and I need more space on the system partition. I can move all the files from D drive to somewhere else and delete the partition, but is there any way I can increase the master partion size (say by another 20+ gigs) without reinstalling Windows?
Any help is appreciated.
(ggggrrrrrrr...... with all these service packs, I should have known better than to use only 20 gig for Windows Xp... from now on I will stick to at least 50 gig.)
Thanks!

Relevancy 51.6%

When I put my new comp together and installed Windows Vista Home Premium -bit on the hard drives I used Vista to partition and format the hard drives The hard drives have a total of GB capacity but Vista declared that it would not permit more than cough Making Solved: space unavailable up HD GB to be available on the partition I remember when I Solved: Making HD cough up unavailable space put together my previous comp I used Western Digital s quot Data Lifeguard Tools quot to partition and format the hard drive and it said the drives had to be proven to meet some kind of compliance check before they could be permitted to have their full capacity on the partition This required going through the Windows version of Data Lifeguard as well as the DOS version prior to Windows installation Because I always use two hard drives one as a backup storage drive I was able to do this for both hard drives I can do the same thing now except Western Digital told me that Data Lifeguard Tools is incompatible with Windows Vista and they don t have a Vista-compatible version out Even if I use the DOS version prior to Windows installation it specifically formats the drive to receive Windows XP or Once I try to install Vista the partition and formatting will not be recognized and it will absolutely DEMAND that they be re-done By swapping all my data back and forth between the two drives I can wipe them clean one at a time and reinstall Windows on both of them but how do I get the partition to show all GB instead of just Data Lifeguard Tools won t work is there any other means of doing what I would like to do Both Hard Drives are Western Digital Caviar SE WD AAJS- B A GB Internal SATA gb s hard drives I might add two GB SATA hard drives at a later date Thanks NYC nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

My 80GB drive is showing as almost full, but I don't understand how. I can't see that what I have on it can be taking up that much space. I have tried moving a lot of stuff to secondary drives but this doesn't seem to make much difference.
I can't find a tool in Computer Management that will show me how the disc is occupied (in a pie chart or similar) except for the basic used / free space chart in My Computer.
Is there anything I can try to analyse the disc content?
(My OS is XP Pro)

A:Making space on a full hard drive

go ahead and download and run windirstat, and then come back here and upload the image please.

https://windirstat.info/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/making-space-on-a-full-hard-drive.1154055/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi help would greatly greatly appreciated running windows xp professional Basically i turned on my pc i have nod installed Problem, Hd Me Something Making Massive Lose Space it started recognising lots and lots of new virus files My pc then froze and i had to switch it off manually and turned it back on When i did so the pc made lots of activity noises I clicked my computer and Massive Problem, Something Making Me Lose Hd Space checked my hardrive space left gb I clicked off and rechecked gb gt gb gt gb Every - seconds these changes occurred scaring me in the process i dont know what it is but my hardrive keeps losing space So i decide to end task to see if anythin irregular is occurring nod rkn exe has gone up to usage all the time and a high commit charge Giving me large slowdown i googled this and i saw W Rbot-AAO This is what i read - W Rbot-AAO is a worm which attempts to spread to remote network shares It also contains backdoor functionality allowing unauthorised remote access to the infected computer via IRC channels while running in the background as a service process W Rbot-AAO copies itself to the Windows system folder as nod krn exe and creates entries in the registry to run itself on system startup it also supposedly triggers off ur other security devices where my firewall has now been switched off and i cannot turn it on again so i have an idea that w rbot-aao is the problem but i don t know What should i do I need help main problem is the losing of space I also cannot log onto safe mode as it freezes up as it loads every time please please help ASAP

A:Massive Problem, Something Making Me Lose Hd Space

Hi haz147,I would recommend following our malware removal guide. It will give step by step instructions to get rid of the bad stuff on your computer. If you have any questions, please ask.Take care haz147rigel

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70260/massive-problem-something-making-me-lose-hd-space/
Relevancy 51.17%

My computer has begun to make weird buzzing noises on occasion, starting about an hour ago. These bouts of buzzing last a couple minutes or less and then stop. Anyone know what's causing them and if there's really a problem, or if I should just not worry about it? It's never done this before.

A:Computer making weird noises...

Any "strange" noise should at least be investigated enough to determine the source.

I would take the side off the machine and see if you can locate the source. The first two things that come to my mind that might make a "buzzing" noise would be the hard drive or the power supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-making-weird-noises.609460/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a PNY GeForce 5200 FX card and it has started making some crazy noise lately. The fan starts making this loud humming. I can tell it is the VGA fan because when I stop it, the noise is gone. I tried cleaning the fan and it still makes the noise. Oddly enough though, after a few cold restarts, the noise will stop. But if I do not restart it the noise never goes away. The fan model is an Evercool EC-4010xxxx. I haven't found anywhere that sells these. Would it kill the card if i just took the fan off? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Relevancy 51.17%

My microphone when I plug it in via Pink Mic Jack on my pc makes a never ending loud beep sound..Ive tried everything and nothing seems to work..PLEEEASSSEEE help me

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I have windows 98 se on a HP Brio ba410, for about a week and a half now my harddrive is making weird clicking sounds. Like if you ever get the blue screen of death, the clicking sound it makes right before then is the sound it is making now only it does it every few seconds, sort of like every action the computer is processing creates the clicking sound. When I play a game the game actually stops for a second with every clicking sound. Does anybody have any idea what this could be? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

Today i noticed my laptop started making weird sounds, to describe it its almost like the sound you hear from a television when there is no signal and you get that static screen.

It only lasts a minute and seems to kick in when i open outlook, windows explorer etc then it goes back to normal after a minute, i'm currently backing up my whole hard drive in case its something bad but any ideas, once i back it up ill open it up and take a look and see if i see anything obvious

A:Laptop Making Weird sound

Possibly a dirty fan, have you blown out the vents/fans with compressed air? You can pick up a can at most computer, electronics, or hardware stores.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-making-weird-sound.1072623/
Relevancy 51.17%

This is totally bizarre. I know. but I walked into my computer room, and there my cat was. Licking the computer fan. After almost peeing my pants, I noticed that now it is making a low buzzing noise occasionally. Does it have to do anything with the cat?

P.S. I realize the typo. I meant to say *Licked*

A:Cat liked my computer fan.... Now it is making a weird sound?

fur ? which fan btw ? psu ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cat-liked-my-computer-fan-now-it-is-making-a-weird-sound.937349/
Relevancy 51.17%

All I did was turn on my computer and immediately it started making a loud buzzing noise. What should I do?

Relevancy 51.17%

my secondary pc thats a bit old p4 2.4ghz 512mb ram ive put windows 7 on there and it works great for the specs(although no arrow)

so this pc is making weird noises with the internal speaker the one thats attached to the mobo. it makes those beeping noises but in sequence almost like a 8 bit video game. its odd because it beeps but im sure nothing is wrong with the pc its ram and cpu is not maxed the temp is good and i have an extra fan in there yet it beeps repeatedly its annoying. i dont think anything is wrong with the pc but i donno. i just think the internal speaker is glitching. should i just cut the wire so it stops or what?

help would be appreciated

A:my computer is making weird noises

check your cmos battery ,it could be a low battery alarm

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/82140-my-computer-making-weird-noises.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a couple of Gig IBM GXP IBM beeps? Deskstar making weird GXP series deskstar drives one is was a master and the other the slave I had to rebuild the PC and reinstall W K Pro on a newer Samsung Gig IBM Deskstar GXP making weird beeps? drive and converted the former master into a slave and it seems to be OK But I also had moved a lot of data onto the old slave and figured I d suck it off once everything is running properly Here s where the problem starts I reboot with the two slaves swapped that is the old slave is my secondary drive but instead of showing up in the boot screen nothing is there just the root drive new Sammy Further the IBM slave is producing two sort of medium toned beeps followed by a higher pitched quot chirp quot and it keeps repeating over and over As an experiment I put the beeping drive inside a USB housing and reconfigured it as a Master per instructions Drive still beeps but I should note that it seems to spin up to speed and then a few seconds later begins beeping It isn t really a click of death but I m wondering about that I would somehow like to recover repair that drive because of the data I d like to get off it Its not life or death but there s plenty of stuff that I can t replicate I had heard that maybe using Partition Magic somehow could help but how do I use that when the drive is not recognized The drive was built in June of and I think IBM had a year warranty but I m not sure I have extra drives including larger ones so I m not looking to hussle IBM or whomever is making the drives now I just want to recover some data If anyone can offer some advice with regard to what I can can t do I d really appreciate it TIA Mike nbsp

A:IBM Deskstar GXP making weird beeps?

There is HDD-Regenerator from www.dposoft.net to revive harddisks.
Works off a bootable floppy, so you could put that HD in as Master and disconnect any other HDs.
You can D/L a trialversion first to see if it 'finds' that HD.

PM won't do you any good here.
You could also try IBM's own utilities (disk fitness test) to test the drive.
See the sticky at the top of this forum.

But I think you have another DeathStar!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ibm-deskstar-gxp-making-weird-beeps.28386/
Relevancy 51.17%

I don't know exactly what has happened, but every time I use the spacebar the page i am looking at changes to full page. An error once appeared telling me to turn off the tabbed browsing. I have done that, but it is still doing the same thing. The odd thing is that the space bar works fine if I am messaging someone, or working on the notepad. I don'know what else to do to fix this...someone have any advise...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/space-bar-making-tabbed-browsing-change-pages.547633/
Relevancy 50.74%

My computer just shuts down randomly and starts to make the weirdest noises, i have never heard anything like it, any thoughts?

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a year old HP dv I think that's what it is and lately it's been making a weird buzzing grinding sound and with research from google ingot reason to beleive it was either a - fan problem or b - hard drive about to fail Well it was making this sound when I had vista too I jus got two days ago and the sound started about weeks ago Me bein the idiot I am would hit my laptop and give it a good smack and the sound would stop well I jus had it over at my friends and I tried the whole hit it and it shuts up technique and the whole laptop weird got making Windows laptop Just 7, sound.... jus shutoff Now I turn it on and it jusbtakes me to some system recovery screen where I can't do anything What the he'll can I do and what type of person should i take it too Did my hard drive finally fail And if it fails once is it toast and how much would a new laptop hard drive cost Pls help I gotta get this problem fixed asap I need my laptop badly Someone jusbhelp

A:Just got Windows 7, laptop making weird sound....

Dear Rylesdavis,

I would first give it a try to save your important data:
- download on another pc Ubuntu ISO ( www.ubuntu.org )
- burn the ISO on a cdrom with Deepburner ( www.deepburner.com )
- boot from the cdrom and make sure you select the Ubuntu LiveCD options (don't install Ubuntu, but run it from the cdrom)
- when it is started copy important data to a large USB stick and after that to another computer until you got it all

When your data is safe you can try to do a scan and recovery with other software(For example by booting with Hiren's BootCD ( www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd ) or Ultimate BootCD ( www.ultimatebootcd.com )) or you could try to reinstall Windows.

A new harddrive for a laptop costs about 55 EUR for 80++GB, but prices may be different depending on your location.

Good luck!
Kindest regards,
Marcel - www.ictdesk.net

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/42846-just-got-windows-7-laptop-making-weird-sound.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My windows Live Onecare was un-operational for a few days (I did not know), and have since had the problem fixed, but now when I start-up my computer, there is an icon on the black HP screen on the bottom right (it is a red Phoenix icon) and startup is twice as long as normal. I have never seen this icon before, and cannot find anything about it on internet searches. Does anybody know what it could be? Thanks!

Relevancy 50.74%

Every 15 or 20 seconds, I hear a soft beeping noise that seems to be coming from the laptop. I think its coming from the speakers, but its hard to tell as it is a fast beep. What is going on?

Relevancy 50.74%

Lately, my Samsung CD ROM drive has not been working. It can play audio CDs, but not games or any other cds. Besides that whenever I put a CD in my computer starts making weird grinding noises. I have tried many CDS I(some brand new ones) and it still refuses to work. It is a fairly new computer. No viruses. My device manager says that the drive is fine.

I may have to open my computer, but I don't know how to do that either and I really can't afford to break my computer over this. PLEASE HELP ME!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-drive-not-working-and-making-weird-noises.713291/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all,

I have a HP Touchsmart running Vista for about two years which I had donwloaded a bunch of things on. One main program that is causing havoc is a online pokersite called pokerstars. For the past two years it has worked fine while I browsed the web and did some other multitasking. However, in the past two weeks it completely freezes my computer whenever I have it running in conjunction with IE or firefox. It is definitely a resource hog it appears.

I get CPU spikes, weird noises and then it freezes. I went ahead and reformatted my computer and on the first try it happened again. Can anyone help me solve this annoying problem?

Thanks.

Relevancy 50.74%

hey,
I have had my FX5700 for about 6 months now and ive noticed in the past month or so for some reason the fan makes loud dodgey sounds coming from the fan on the video card but when I login the sound goes away. This doesnt sound like anything I should be worried about but just in case should I be worried?

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi
Just recently my hard drive has been making a weird noise. It seems to happen when the drive is inactive for a while (e.g. when browsing a single page on Internet Explorer). It will then make a sound like it is accessing the drive but quite quiet and a constant note (if that makes sense?). It stops if you force the computer to access the drive by clicking a menu, closing a window, loading a program ect. Is this a sign that my drive is on the way out or possibly a virus (I have done system scans using Panda, AVG, A-Squared, AVG Anti Spyware and Ad-Aware)?

A:Hard drive making weird noises.

Well, we can't know what exactly the sound is.. Some hard drives do a self-test or a reset routine occasionally when they are idle and it is perfectly normal. Some people describe this as a "meow" sound. Also, it could just be Windows doing some housekeeping.

Any hard drive can fail at any moment without warning, so making backups is always a good idea.

Whether your drive is actually trying to warn you.. Download the diagnostics utility from your HD maker's website and ruyn that just to be sure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-making-weird-noises.72171/
Relevancy 50.74%

Just to keep things straight, you're only supposed to hear the airflow from the graphics card, right? I just got a new one and it kind of sounds like the fan is grinding. I'm about to RMA it. I got an EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti.

A:Graphics card making weird noises

UR,
Likely it's fan is hitting it's shroud. You could try pulling it out and spinning the fan manually to see where it's hitting and see if you can push and make some clearance. Otherwise as it's a premium card then just RMA it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/233686-graphics-card-making-weird-noises.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
I got a computer i built, asus mobo p4 3.2 ht, and its recently been making like a cartoony sound like when something falls out of the air. my dad thought it was the heatsink because when he stuck his finger in the fan it made a sound like it so then u brush off all the dust and it still doesnt work. but when i turned it back on it didnt sound like it came from the heatsink , it sounded like it came from hard drive or some thing from the front.

please help
(sorry if i bored you with my story)
p.s. it works jus fine but it freaks me out when it makes that sound and i dont want to burn anything out ..... again

A:computer making weird freaky noises!!

Sounds like either the harddrive or a CD-ROM. Try removing all CDs that may be in the trays and see if the sound continues.

How often does this sound occur?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-making-weird-freaky-noises.347248/
Relevancy 50.74%

Randomly when I'm using my computer it will make a weird noise and freeze up for a second and then go back to normal. It's getting kind of annoying. It makes a noise that sounds like boop. Anyone know why this is happening?

A:Computer making weird noise, and going slow

Your hard drive could be going bad. Download Crystal Disk Info and have a look.

CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World

If you could tell us the make of the hard drive, we could post more tools.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278250-computer-making-weird-noise-going-slow.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi...I have an extremely annoying problem that will have (I'm sure) a quick and easy fix, if I could only find it. I'm recently installed XP Pro SP2 on my desktop. Every 15 minutes or so, I get a pop-up info box in my systray telling me that I have low disk space on drive E: and offering to clean it up for me. I know I have low disk space on drive E: (my old little 2GB hard drive from my previous system); that's where I backed up all my programs and documents for the install and I'm not ready to get rid of them yet. How do I make XP stop trying to help me with this? Argh. I tried looking around to see if I could find it to disable it, but I can't right-click on the icon, and left-click only takes me to disk clean-up. Any pointers? Thanks!

A:Solved: Constant Low Disk Space Notification Making Me Crazy

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285107

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-constant-low-disk-space-notification-making-me-crazy.575817/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey,

I have rotated some pages to landscape in my document however when it prints off it makes the header too big. Everything is proportionately correct, however it is as if when printing it is leaving a gap above the header (or at the top of the header) for the section break. This is now pushing my footer and bottom of page border off the printed version. Everything looks correct in normal view and print preview of the document. Using Word 2007.

Anyone any idea's on how to fix this?

A:Section break making space above header - Word 2007

Does anyone have any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/section-break-making-space-above-header-word-2007.1006090/
Relevancy 50.31%

People on the listening end are complaining that my Bluetooth microphone is emitting weird electrical noises that sound like something between telegraph beeps and 56K modem screeching. Any ideas?

I actually have a recording of this noise, but I don't know how to upload it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/395971-bluetooth-microphone-making-weird-electrical-noises.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I recently discovered that a file called flec exe makes tons of connections through internet My browsing speed got slow my Seagate personal firewall got corrupted and no longer functional my spybot search and destroy can not be started so I decide to uninstall tons of making wintems.exe and connections weird flec006.exe keep and reinstall it I could not do it because I can weird wintems.exe and flec006.exe keep making tons of connections not even open the web page of Spybot search and destroy I googled around and obviously I am infected with nasty viruses I can not even start windows in safe mode Since I am not very familiar with computers I m begging for help here you noble guys Please help me to get rid of these viruses I would not like to make a clean intalation because I ll loose all the data Thanks in advance This is my HJT log Code Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on amp Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon weird wintems.exe and flec006.exe keep making tons of connections exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost weird wintems.exe and flec006.exe keep making tons of connections exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Privoxy privoxy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Hijackthis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www scroogle org cgi-bin scraper htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http https socks R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - HKLM Run SunKist C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwicon k exe O - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run CloneCDTray quot C Program Files SlySoft CloneCD CloneCDTray exe quot s O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Startup Privoxy lnk C Program Files Privoxy privoxy exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button ICQ - E EB -F - -A BA-FE C C - C Program Files ICQ ICQ exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem ICQ - E EB -F - -A BA-FE C C - C Program Files ICQ ICQ exe O - Trusted Zone http download windowsupdate com O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip CE E - E - FCA-BD B- C D DFD NameServer O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip EBEC - - A E- ECD- AF FB EC NameServer O - Winlogon Notify igfxcui - C WINDOWS SYSTEM igfxdev dll O - Service Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exe O - Service TuneUp WinStyler Theme Service TUWinStylerThemeSvc - TuneUp Software GmbH - C Program Files TuneUp Utilities WinStylerThemeSvc exe nbsp

A:weird wintems.exe and flec006.exe keep making tons of connections

Please do not create multiple threads for the same problem! Read >>Posting help read first<< if you feel you are not getting help.

Continue here: http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/717110-infected-flec006-exe.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-wintems-exe-and-flec006-exe-keep-making-tons-of-connections.717050/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, i'm having a really bothersome problem here, my computer is shutting down sometimes or either freezing and making weirds noises where i can't move even the mouse and i need to hard boot.

This freezes only happens when i turn on the computer for the firsts time of the day, it happens like 5-10 times and then he starts working correctly for the rest of the day, i don't have a clue what is happening, do i need to format my computer?
Sometime appeared a blue screen (i think its called death screen) here is an example

What should i do??

A:Computer constantly freezing and making weird noises

Quote: Originally Posted by heltei15

Hi, i'm having a really bothersome problem here, my computer is shutting down sometimes or either freezing and making weirds noises where i can't move even the mouse and i need to hard boot.

This freezes only happens when i turn on the computer for the firsts time of the day, it happens like 5-10 times and then he starts working correctly for the rest of the day, i don't have a clue what is happening, do i need to format my computer?
Sometime appeared a blue screen (i think its called death screen) here is an example

What should i do??

We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/196804-computer-constantly-freezing-making-weird-noises.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am doing what this guide says http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
I have Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit

When the infection of my computer began, there was a message saying that I5JJW had stopped working. The I5JJW are three .exe files, one is bfsvc, the other is winhlp32 and the other i dont know because i cant see the properties on the task manager. 
I have used programs such as malwarebytes and avast , that don´t work, but those that work, like RKill and SUPERAntiSpyware say that there is nothing.
My computer takes longer to boot, and theres a mysterious DVD RW E: unit that if I right click, the file explorer freezes, also the disk reader makes sounds as if it were reading a disk, but theres none.

I think thats it
Thanks

A:I need help. Computer infected, CD reader making weird noises

Also i´ve tried the MBAM Chameleon, and also renaming it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585654/i-need-help-computer-infected-cd-reader-making-weird-noises/
Relevancy 50.31%

I was a defragmenting my hard drive while playing a game, suddenly my hard drive starts making weird noises. My windows got stuck and i was still able to play the game. So i restarted my computer with the button, BIOS loading longer then normal, so i taked a look at BIOS post message.

It said:
Auto Detecting SATA1: Samsung <harddrive number in system specs>
Auto Detecting SATA2: ATAPI CD-ROM

And when Auto Detecting SATA2 came up screen the hard drive starts making an weird noise. Then it loads to an black screen with a blinking text cursor.

Here's an video (low quality, sorry!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_okl8O9d89g

If needed, i will record the sound also.

Thanks!

HELP!

A:SATA Hard Drive making weird noises

Is it a kind of clunking sound ? Some times when you hard boot a drive the disk platters get damaged from the heads, sound like this is what has happened to your drive.

I am no expert but there are a few here who might be able to give you more info, but it reads to me like you have damaged your hard drive sorry man.

Steve

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/95086-sata-hard-drive-making-weird-noises.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello there I need help trying to solve a problem with my old computer It's starting to constantly freeze when I'm running a couple of programs like I computer that making do How weird from freezing stop my buzzing and Chrome or Skype or even a game on steam I want to know how to fix it I'd much rather get a new computer but that's just not possible at the moment Quote Computer typeEdit Value PC Desktop Computer Manufacturer Model NumberEdit Value Dell OSEdit Value Windows CPUEdit Value Intel R Core TM Quad How do I stop my computer from freezing and making that weird buzzing CPU How do I stop my computer from freezing and making that weird buzzing Q GHz MotherboardEdit Value GB MemoryEdit Value GB Graphics Card s Edit Value ATI Radeon HD Series Sound CardEdit Value AMD High Definition Audio Device amp Realtek High Definition Monitor s DisplaysEdit Value N A Screen ResolutionEdit Value N A Hard DrivesEdit Value GB GB PSUEdit Value N A CaseEdit Value N A CoolingEdit Value N A KeyboardEdit Value N A MouseEdit Value N A Internet SpeedEdit Value N A AntivirusEdit Value Avast BrowserEdit Value Google Chrome Other InfoEdit Value Bios BIOS Date Ver HDD WDC WD AAKS- A B ATA Device Generic- Compact Flash USB Device Generic- MS MS-Pro USB Device Generic- SD MMC USB Device Generic- SM xD Picture USB Device SanDisk Cruzer USB Device Mass Storage Device USB Device

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386892-how-do-i-stop-my-computer-freezing-making-weird-buzzing.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello!

I was gaming when suddenly, my laptop froze while making extremely weird sounds. It sounded like it was about to explode or something, I really can't explain it! Panicking, I forced shut it down and started it back up 10 minutes later and got this while still having those weird sounds coming out of my laptop:

I'm now directed to that and I have no idea what to do! Please help me ASAP!!!

It was most likely not overheating as it was nowhere near hot and my room in general is not hot!

A:Help!!! Laptop froze, making weird sounds, can't start up normally!

Can it boot succesfully from a bootable DVD? It look like the harddrive isn't detected by BIOS, so it's unable to boot from it. That weird sound is probably a scratching part of the harddrive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316411-help-laptop-froze-making-weird-sounds-cant-start-up-normally.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I bought this laptop 3 weeks ago and since I brought it home it has been making a weird sound at the front in the right area. I dont think its the fan because I can hear the fan in the back left area and the sounds is very different. Also I feel and see the track pad getting a little shinny from wear out. If this is happening with less than a month old, I wont have a trackpad in 6 months. I would like to know if the warranty applys for replacing the top cover/track pad and fixing whatever is making the sound. Could I ask for them to replace this with a brand new laptop? or can I only ask them to fix what is wrong.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/New-laptop-making-a-weird-sound-Also-track-pad-is-wearing/td-p/5813364
Relevancy 50.31%

Help needed I hope this is simple all though I am unable to figure Making Disc Space. Opening Multiple Player & Apps Media out how to do it I would like to open more than one Windows Media Player application to facilitate viewing one video file while playing a completely different audio wav file I can only do this now by opening Opening Multiple Media Player Apps & Making Disc Space. Media Player first and muting the audio then opening a separate Irfanview application Unfortunately the Irfanview program has no volume control on it and I need the volume adjustment capabilities like on Media Player How can I open two Windows Media Player applications and select a different file for each one to play My second question involves safely deleting programs I never use from Windows XP and Office Suite I never use many of them and need to make room on my hard drive Is it possible and safe to delete programs like PowerPoint Publisher Front Page etc to make more disc space on my hard drive Are there any other programs that could safely be eliminated in Windows XP if I no longer use them such as Internet Explorer Outlook and Outlook Express I am worried that if they were deleted it would affect the performance or even the actual functionality of other programs Any help and suggestions will be appreciated Thanks in advance TQUAD

A:Opening Multiple Media Player Apps & Making Disc Space.

No help here but with the older editions it was simple to run multiple films at the same time, thes late versions don' allow that. I have thought of trying to back track to older versions so I could run comparisons also. You post will be of great interest to me also!

Phil

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275547/opening-multiple-media-player-apps-making-disc-space/
Relevancy 49.88%

CPU makes a weird noise as if plane is taking off and goes on making it even after it been booted? And once rebooted it just freezes but the noise is still there? Can any someone please help?

A:CPU makes a weird noise as if plane is taking off and goes on making it even after it been booted?

It is not the CPU, it is the CPU's cooling fan. What are this computers make and model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-makes-a-weird-noise-as-if-plane-is-taking-off-and-goes-on-making-it-even-after-it-been-booted.184903/
Relevancy 49.88%

I had audio lagg in battlefield 3 so some guy told me to update my realtek HD audio driver and it will be fine
So i did and after installation my speakers started making this weird anoying sound i can't stop it and in my realtek HD audio menager started saying that i've plugged in audio device and after that it says that i have unplugged my audio device but the point is i didn't plugged in anything and goes again and again... and so on
i pluged in a microphone and the weird sounds stoped THX GOD !!
But when i start playing something on winamp or youtube w/e it starts saying again that i've plugged and the unplugged adio device...
Pleasee !! any help i srsly need to get rid of this little problem i hope it's little cuz i don't want to restart my whole windows AGAIN !!
Please help it would be much apricieted
Best regards

A:speakers started making this weird anoying sound i can't stop it

Please any help i need to solve this rly badly
Any help would be a lot of apricieted

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/207506-speakers-started-making-weird-anoying-sound-i-cant-stop.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey thanks for looking and helping My computer keep making quot exclamation quot sounds like a program that was running ran into an error It will do it times in a row about twice an hour its kinda creepy Also I was using google and was trying to open a youtube link and it kept redirecting me to various sites and of course like everyone who else that is infected startup is very slow and the computer has really slowed down Please help Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v noises weird computer + making keeps + redirecting browser slow Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe computer keeps making weird noises + redirecting browser + slow C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C computer keeps making weird noises + redirecting browser + slow Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee AntiSpyware Msssrv exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C Program Files Compact computer keeps making weird noises + redirecting browser + slow Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WUSB GC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee AntiSpyware MssCli exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent McRegWiz exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe C Program Files Winamp Remote bin OrbTray exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www emachines com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www emachines com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook AIM Toolbar Search Class - f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - C Program Files AIM Toolbar aimtb dll R - URLSearchHook AOLSearchHook Class - EB EA-E BE- CFD- F F-C A C EAFA - C Program Files AIM Search AOLSearch dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AOL Search Enhancement - EB EA-E BE- CFD- F F-C A C EAFA - C Program Files AIM Search AOLSearch dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files ... Read more

A:computer keeps making weird noises + redirecting browser + slow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-making-weird-noises-redirecting-browser-slow.917773/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have two 1TB storage drives in a Lian Li EX-503 setup as individual disks. One is a old WD 1TB Black and one is a newer (2012) Hitachi. These drives are not in RAID1 but I have them both synced with FreeFileSync.

The weird thing is the WD has 1.05GB less space than the Hitachi and both drives have exactly the same amount of data (950,506,779,339 bytes). I do not have system restore turned on and I checked for hidden files and folders. There are no partitions on either drives.

*edit* - TreeSize also shows the exact same amount of space used on both drives.

I can't figure out where the 1.05GB on the WD drive went.

The only thing I can think of is the Hitachi uses Advanced Format and the WD does not, does AF affect available storage space?

A:Weird HDD space issue…

A lot of it probably has to do with they way individual programs calculate disk size. What program/utility are you using to see this difference?

A possibility is that one drive was initialized and formatted by Windows, and the other by a Linux based program like Partition Wizard.
Windows will create blank space on either side of the volume for it's use in disk organization (Dynamic Disks and such). Linux will use the entire disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/296249-weird-hdd-space-issue.html
Relevancy 49.02%

hi everyone sometimes iam playing games or just surfing the internet and bangggggggg some loud rock musics plays like for 20 to 30 secs and the shuts off and after a while happens again and again like every 1 to 2 hours and sometimes none at all . i cant understand if its a virus or what is so if anyone can help me with would it be nice and also i am hearig those clicks like when some one opens and webpage and they are quite anoyying

thanks alot

A:i got an issue that is making me crazy weird rock musics plays on my pc unexpected

For now, install Spy Sweeper (there's a special promotion where you can get it for free)

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=698696

Then use it to scan your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-got-an-issue-that-is-making-me-crazy-weird-rock-musics-plays-on-my-pc-unexpected-207094.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My computer will occasionally do weird stuff Sometimes it will just run slow for a little bit Other times it will freeze with a black screen and then everything running noises. weird making choppy, Computer freezing, and randomly becomes unresponsive Other times it will make strange noises that I can hear though the speakers The mouse will stutter The computer isn't top of the line but it shouldn't be running sluggish It never used to run like this I built it last winter It is a small form factor build and has only a watt pico-PSU I have a power meter so I don't think it's a power problem but it could be Also I overclocked the GPU portion of my chip a bit and increased the base clock to I'm Computer randomly freezing, running choppy, and making weird noises. about to lower all of that I did a virus scan and spybot nothing came up I have a seagate hard drive The first two I had failed on me and I had to send them back I about Computer randomly freezing, running choppy, and making weird noises. to run a check on the drive Any thoughts on data corruption or failing hard drives Any help or suggestions would be appreciated Thanks

A:Computer randomly freezing, running choppy, and making weird noises.

If the HD keeps failing you could have cooling issues. One of the HW gurus would have more specific ideas I think.

Edit: But especially where you say it's a small form factor I'm thinking the ventilation may not be sufficient.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/340372-computer-randomly-freezing-running-choppy-making-weird-noises.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all I m new to the forums and having a problem If anyone has anything helpful to suggest I would be most appreciative For several months now my home computer has been running on quot are things disk weird space 0 - low disk space quot It would cause things to slow down or web pages to not load properly We would free up space by removing 0 disk space - things are weird programs or files and 0 disk space - things are weird within a 0 disk space - things are weird matter of hours it would all be full again Eventually we got to the point of having disk space I have once again freed up space by deleting programs and files that we did not need and that space has gradually been eaten up by something Now we are at a point where if we are online lets say Facebook just for example we can look at messages we have write a new message but when you try to submit said message the computer doesn t even act like you ve clicked anything at all We can t send e-mails send messages delete emails or messages as a matter of fact as I write this I am unsure that I will be able to submit it I am also having trouble searching for things using quot search quot on my computer The window opens as a blank window When I try to open quot help amp support quot it doesn t even attempt to open it This computer is a Sony Vaio Our internet connection is DSL We are running Windows XP Home I have continuously run clean disk and deleted browsing history in IE IE by the way Please help I really don t know what to do about this and my husbands job relies on this computer working Let me know if you need any more info Thanks Kayla nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I got an old laptop and am going to give it to my son for Christmas.

When I booted it up I noticed the disk partitions were strange - there were many of them and almost no space in the OS (C:) partition. What should I do to get them in a more "normal" state?

I get nervous about messing with partitions so I wanted to ask here before doing anything.

Many Thanks!

A:Weird disk partitions and low space

Someone put the page file on that 5.59 GB Extended partition, useless.

Delete it and the page file will go back on C and it will become un allocated space.

You can then add all of the un allocated space to C

You can do this right there through Disk Management.

A Partition Wizard Boot CD is also a very safe and reliable tool to work with partitions, I highly recommend it

Bootable Partition Manger | MiniTool Partition Wizard Bootable Edition

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/354389-weird-disk-partitions-low-space.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey. Here's what happended.

A:Weird File taking up 400+ GB of space

By my quick research, the file might contain old data from the previous OS. Did you recently upgrade? Might be kind of like an Windows.old folder. This has never happened to me so unfortunately I can't help any further than saying use the built in windows clean manager to delete that file. Or delete it manually. I know if it was a Windows.old file, it could only be deleted with the windows clean manager tool (well that is the simplest method anyway).

https://malwaretips.com/threads/weird-file-taking-up-400-gb-of-space.52317/
Relevancy 48.59%

can any of you recommend a gif animation software? preferably free. maybe a demo or free trial for 30 days or something. i just want to make nifty gifs.

calibretto

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I want to make my own disk which will be able to "autoplay" and will boot prior to windows loading. Has anyone done this, and what utilities must I acquire in order to do this? Thanks ahead of time.

A:Making a software cd

Nero will and so will Alcohol ..you will have to burn a bootable image . And remember to sit your BIOS to have your cdrom boot first makes things a lot esier .

hope this helps you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/making-a-software-cd.20981/
Relevancy 48.59%

does anyone know where i can download dvd making software because i want to bung together a collection ive done on windows movie maker onto disc with a snazzy menu and scene selection ect i need one that can carry a good amount of memory would be very grateful.

A:DVD making software

You can see if there's something here: http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/freeware.html

Also, Google is your friend. I did a Google search for "movie making software", and came up with this:
http://www.google.com/search?q=movi...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official
Near the top of the page is the site to download Windows XP: Movie Maker 2.1 download.
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-making-software.496047/
Relevancy 48.59%

For the last month I have this little space which is nicely tapered at the left and right edges, but reduces the viewing area of the browser and is a bit disturbing. Any ideas? (This is Firefox 3.6.8)

There seems to be a drawing in there of the top third of a battery, not sure!

It's near the top, just below the address bar and above the browser tabs.
Here's a screenshot:

A:[SOLVED] Weird Space between top taskbar and tabs

Go to Menu > View > Toolbars and remove the checkmark if there's a new toolbar that you don't recognize listed there.

If that doesn't work, right-click a blank area in the toolbar at the top of the screen and select 'Customize', then see if you can drag the battery image into the Customize Toolbar window to make it disappear.

It might indicate a missing plugin, so go to https://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck which will tell you if any plugins need to be installed or updated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-weird-space-between-top-taskbar-and-tabs-510882.html
Relevancy 48.16%

which is the best free setup making software? I have stared making some software and now i am starting to believe that win rar sfx archives aren't going to cut it anymore.

A:Setup making software

I use installshield express. There are other packages some of which may be free or shareware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-making-software.116567/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi All I have recorded some CDs of my own music that I want to put onto my computer and sort as I have various recordings of some songs and I want to find the best one s and delete the rest I don t want to take up alot of space on my computer as software? making MP3 good Any it s a family computer and everyone uses it for various things so i m looking for some software that will burn the songs from the CD into MP format onto my hard Any good MP3 making software? drive I have tried CDEX But this will burn about of the CD and will then say there is a problem and Windows needs to shut it down I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it does the same I have also tried other CDs to see if Any good MP3 making software? it s just mine but still the same problem If anyone has any ideas then I would be very grateful Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

hi,

I am making a home movie and I would just like to know a program that will make the blue screen afect. (the blue screen afect is when the camera films something blue the computer will see this as nothing) I really need to know this because the specail fx would be cool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/movie-making-software.135256/
Relevancy 48.16%

what does everyone use to create sigs

A:Best software for making sigs

Photoshop CS4, I have Paintshop Pro X2 but not installed it yet, and Ulead Gif Animator 5

(yes, i know i've not got much of a sigpic but i'm working on it LOL)

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/15475-best-software-making-sigs.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I'm looking for any software that will allow me to for example, make a movie of my screen while playing a game. Any program with any similarities to sony vegas 7 (only one i know of that works for what i want). Free programs prefered. I dont want screen capture programs to make .wmv files etc (TurboDemo etc.)

Thanks

A:Movie Making software?

Here's one specifically geared for that. The free/trial version limits the duration of the game you can capture. Try it and judge for yourself if it's worth registering for limitless capture.
http://www.fraps.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/movie-making-software.528184/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi. Which program are you using for making RSS?

I found this program: Feed Editor
http://www.extralabs.net/feed-editor.htm

I'm trying out the demo right now. Not bad. Pretty easy to use. Easy for beginners.
Anyothers out there similar?

A:Software for making RSS (or podcasts)?

yea, i like Feed Editor too.

also i'm using:

Feed2Html free php script: http://www.extralabs.net/feed2html.htm
Feed Mix rss re-mixer (!): http://www.extralabs.net/feed-mix.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-for-making-rss-or-podcasts.464188/
Relevancy 48.16%

What software(s) did you guys use to create a photo slideshow with music, both in PC and MAC?

A:Software for making slideshow

Photstory3, Irfanview, FastStone Image Viewer, Nero PhotoShow, Roxio MyDVD, Ulead CD & DVD PictureShow 4, Windows Movie Maker, any other competent editor, Picasa3, Corel Photo Album/Media One.

Some of those mentioned make just a slideshow, some make a video slideshow, some the video slideshow and author DVD.

For the MAC I think its basicly the iDVD stuff that comes with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-for-making-slideshow.843779/
Relevancy 48.16%

heya--

Got a theme off the 'Net. It's missing a couple cursors; I'd prefer a complete set, and so I went and made some new ones myself. Only problem is that I can't find a tool to turn them into .CUR/.ANI files. My image software (PI7) says it can handle them, but it can't ... gives some error *shrug*. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
asbo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cursor-making-software.174860/
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm planning on getting a movie making program for windows & I was wondering what you guys would recommend. So what do you recommend? LOL

Relevancy 48.16%

I am looking for something like Nero i guess that wil let me take movies I have on my system and turn them into DVD's. I need to convert then burn em right? There AVI, etc.... I just want to get something free that will allow me to watch these in my DVD player atached to my TV. ANy ideas??

A:Free DVD making software

Yes, DVDFlick should be able to do the job.
http://www.dvdflick.net/
DVD Flick can take a number of video files (incl. avi) stored on your computer and turn them into a DVD that will play back on your DVD player. You can add additional custom audio tracks, subtitles of your choice and even create a menu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-dvd-making-software.721744/
Relevancy 47.73%

So I have a virus on my laptop It's a toshiba satellite but I don't really think that matters I'm running Windows bit and noticed that my hard drive space has been fluctuating from gb to spare to gb and today at some mb of space My hard drive is an ocz ssd I recently had a virus that was present on my web browsers called quot V quot So I ran malwarebytes did work with that Space on my hard drive is still fluctuating so I ran combofix Here's my combofix log ComboFix - - - Destiny - x Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Running from c users Destiny Downloads ComboFix exe SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Created a new restore point Other Deletions c users Destiny AppData Local common functions dll c users Destiny AppData Local ie runner app exe Files Created from - - to - - - - - - drive my weird I is Space and problems. on fluctuating hard have -------- d-----w- c users Public AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default Space on my hard drive is fluctuating and I have weird problems. AppData Local temp - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates C B -F - C - BCA-BD F E mpengine dll - - - Space on my hard drive is fluctuating and I have weird problems. - -------- d-----w- c program files x Common Files Java - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow WindowsAccessBridge- dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Java - - - - -------- d-----w- C MATS - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow npDeployJava dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata McAfee - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Speccy Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow deployJava dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow FlashPlayerCPLApp cpl - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow FlashPlayerApp exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system MRT exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow wininet dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow jscript dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow iesetup dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow iesysprep dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system ie uinit exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wininet dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system urlmon dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system mshtml dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system msfeeds dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system jscript dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system jscript dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system jsproxy dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system ieui dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system iesetup dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system iernonce dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system iesysprep dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system iertutil dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system ieframe dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow RegisterIEPKEYs exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system RegisterIEPKEYs exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system mshtml tlb - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow mshtml tlb - - - - ----a-w- c windows system win k sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system qedit dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow qedit dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system msvcr dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system msvcp dll Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Wow Node Browser Helper Objects b bd- - -a b- eb d b - - ----a-w- c program files x uTorrentControl v prxtbuTor dll HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Wow Node Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar quot b bd- - -a b- eb d b quot quot c program files x uTorrentControl v prxtbuTor dll quot - - HKEY CLASSES ROOT clsid b bd- - -a b- eb d b HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot Steam quot quot c program files x Steam Steam exe quot - - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Wow Node Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot ToshibaServiceStation quot quot c program files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exe quot - - quot ToshibaAppPlace quot quot c program files x Toshiba Toshiba App Place ToshibaAppPlace exe quot - - quot WinampAgent quot quot c program files x Winamp winampa exe quot - -... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/space-on-my-hard-drive-is-fluctuating-and-i-have-weird-problems-704546.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi me Making for & Linux? Windows software know nothing about how to program but I still have questions regarding the development of software programs Like what s the best programming language you could use for Windows and then doing an identical port or whatever it s called to Linux And at the same time aiming for efficiency and lower-end-PC compatibility I read about BitTorrent and these are my thoughts on the subject Python-based application written by Bram Cohen as far as I know Python works equally well on both Windows as in Linux So not much porting work to be done here right Click to expand java-based clients like Azureus Can be demanding on the Making software for Windows & Linux? PC hardware As I see it you will loose Making software for Windows & Linux? a lot of users based on this factor Click to expand C applications in the form of BitComet have also spun off from the original client Is C C based programs a good way to start porting to Linux Click to expand In general how should a programmer start to think plan if they want to make programs that work both on Windows and Linux Macintosh as well for that matter Sharing the same networks and such and not splitting up the community in different technological camps nbsp

A:Making software for Windows & Linux?

Python, PHP, and Perl are all interpreted languages. They run more or less the same on Windows/Linux.
Java is designed for class-platform compatibility, and also works well across operating systems.

C++ can also be compiled for just about any platform, as long as you aren't using Windows-only APIs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/making-software-for-windows-linux.406271/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Can somebody recommend a good free image making software Computer Image making Image Solved: Software! I need to make an image of Solved: Image making Software! my PC in case of a disaster I just have no clue what to do with it later Let s say I will take an image it s going to probably be a couple of gigabytes I put it on my external HD and then what Let s say my comp doesn t boot up anymore it gets to a stage and it freezes How do Solved: Image making Software! I load everything back up Solved: Image making Software! I had a factory restore utility but I guess I deleted the portion somehow and it doesn t start anymore So I found out already that I need to make an IMAGE Just don t know how or with what utility and how do I restore with it being so big being on my external hard drive Can somebody help me one what utility two how do I restore with it being on my external hard drive nbsp

A:Solved: Image making Software!

I hesitate to recommend free ones, my choice is Acronis True Image, available for $30 from www.newegg.com.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-image-making-software.471437/
Relevancy 47.3%

I ve had a hard time making up my mind lately whether I want to choices Making software hardware serious & switch from XP x which is real nice and fast and Vista Basic x I chose Basic since I dont run Aero or media center anyway and it really saves on resouces The problem has been that I have been picking some motherboards that are not compatable with Vista It s like when Vista first came out nobody mentioned that besides all of the hardware requirements you had to have your motherboard needs to be compatable also I ve already been burned once when Making serious hardware & software choices I bought an ABIT KV- board a month ago Their tech assured me it was compatable It wasn t and I had all kinds of problems It s on it s way back to the factory now for some kind of replacement hopefully Next I bought an MSI board the K MM -V that the vendor assured me would work with Vista I never got around to offcially checking on that but it didn t matter because after I installed it it was dead on arrival So I sent it back to MSI and basically had to beg them to send me another one without charging me any extra money Long story there But basically what I ended up with was since they don t make these boards new anymore is a refurbished K MM -V Wow lucky me At this point just to cover myself I also went ahead and ordered my old standby brand an ASUS K V-MX I should add at this point that the reason I keep ordering all of these older Socket motherboards is that allows me to continue to use my AMD Athlon X processor and I don t have the money to go out and spend on a new board with an updated socket processor memory etc So anyway I decided for now just to stick with ASUS throw Vista Basic x on it and declare myself good to go But I immediately started getting a few glitches after installation After a half a days worth of phone calls I finally learned the truth about the ASUS from one of their more smarter techs It just wasn t compatble with Vista My heart sank So I went to plan B and threw on XP x on it and it ran great I then figured I could run with that maybe for at least another years before I get to a point where I have to decide on the latest crap that Microsoft comes out with or maybe go Linux But having had enough dealings with Vista especially the x Basic I had kind of learned to like it even with all of it s faults And the Vista basic x ran much faster than the x versions I tried So I started looking around the internet try to find a Socket Athlon x motherboard that was Vista compatable I never did find one or ran out of time or maybe just gave up Then it hit me I had just gotten the refurbished MSI board back and I thought quot I wonder if this thing is Vista compatable quot So I called their tech support and he assured me it was and even showed me on a web page that K MM -V was indeed VIsta compatable Just Vista Basic compatable but that was fine That s what I wanted to run I installed it yesterday then spent all morning today downloading all of my Windows updates and SP I thought I was finally on my way Then I noticed that windows update never did install any drivers for my Creative Labs Audigy SE sound card and it always had before I didn t panic so then I just ran the x Audigy driver I downloaded I thought maybe it was just a glitch that Windows missed it But halfway through the installation I got a message that said quot cannot proceed with installation because there is no device installed quot I thought what the heck then quickly proceeded to check in device manager Sure enough it wasn t even in there Still I didn t panic I tried puttting the sound card in another of the three PCI slots No go It still didn t recognize it Then I tried the third slot Same thing My heart sank even further I immediately called MSI tech support and they walked me through a few things like clearing the CMOS Yeah big deal That did nothing To top it off I must say that the MSI techs didn t really seem totally interested in helping me solve my... Read more

A:Making serious hardware & software choices

All that vista compatible stuff is a marketing scheme....

All you need is ANY motherboard, and a GPU (either an integrated one or a graphics card)
Other things like a decent CPU clockspeed and a nice amount of RAM wouldnt hurt either

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/making-serious-hardware-software-choices.725475/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi friends,
I'm looking for an application allowing me to create shortcuts for files and folders so that I can access them from different locations. For example, I have file/folder TARGET stored in folder A. I want to create shortcuts for TARGET and put the shortcuts in different locations, let's say folder B, C, D etc. so that I can open and modify file/folder TARGET from these locations and every modification I made will affect the original file stored in folder A.

Do you know any application which can do the above job?

Thank you for reading my post.

Regards,

newbie_olala

A:Solved: Shortcut Making Software?

What's wrong with just right clicking the File or Folder and selecting copy. Then go to another folder and right click and select paste shortcut.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-shortcut-making-software.906777/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an idea to make a few tutorials for users on my www site and I am after some advice as to which might be the best application to use to create such things.

I want to show screenshots, mouse movements, clicks etc... and have this able to be shown back to the viewer in a pleasing and aesthetic manner. Having never created anything such as this before, I have no idea which software I should be looking at.

Any pointers for me please?

Ta

A:Best software for making a demo/tutorial...?

http://www.camstudio.org/ You can load the video file it makes into MS Movie Maker, plug a microphone in and do a voice over.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-software-for-making-a-demo-tutorial.492062/
Relevancy 47.3%

What are the best programs for creating videos using multiple video clips (excluding windows movie maker) either freeware or paid for software .
Advise much appreciated

A:advice on movie making software

I have Nero, Microsoft Visual Studio, and Adobe Premier Elements, but my favorite editor is DIVX Author. It's the cheapest as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/25367-advice-movie-making-software.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi to everyone, I am in need of a free, easy to use label making software, and thought I would see if anyone at the forum had knowledge of a good one. I have done a google check, and came up with one called Senlab01, but have not been able to figure it out, it says it`s supposed to be easy, but dummy me is having a time of it, so I thought I would check with you guys to see if there is another free one out there. Thanks for your time.

Regards
Mike Peters

A:Need a free label making software

If you have Microsoft Word, it does a decent job on labels.

In Word, go to Tools>Envelopes and Labels>Labels tab.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-a-free-label-making-software.171754/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone In the last month or so my Presario has developed an issue with the cooling fan Normally Nonstop Software Xp Other Cooling Making Or Fan Run it generally Xp Or Other Software Making Cooling Fan Run Nonstop is in one of these states off running low or running high I have Xp Or Other Software Making Cooling Fan Run Nonstop profiles built on the laptop one for Xp Or Other Software Making Cooling Fan Run Nonstop home and one for work The work profile - no issues at all The home profile - the fan now either runs on low or high - it never shuts off Even if I am logged in and switching between the users - on work it shuts right off and on home it instantly starts back up I have shut down everything in the start menu that I am comfortable shutting down and nothing seems to touch it If I do a ctrl-alt-del and go to processes there is virtually nothing running As I type I have IE Outlook and the task manager open with those applications taking up no more than of the processor and yet the fan spins away As said laptop is a Compaq Presario V running XP Pro SP Processor is an AMD Turion Mobile GHz Running MB RAM Not sure what else would be helpful Thanks -Debbie

A:Xp Or Other Software Making Cooling Fan Run Nonstop

Might be excess lint build up in the fan. Get a can of compress air and direct the nozzle into the vents and blast away Maybe you can dislodge some of it
Do this with the computer shut off

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152825/xp-or-other-software-making-cooling-fan-run-nonstop/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all First my question Does anyone here know of a program I can use to make ringtones out of songs I already own on CD Now some explanation In the past I have used iTunes to purchase ringtones It has a very intuitive and effective tool to cut the desired song into XP) making for Software ringtones (Windows a ringtone that Software for making ringtones (Windows XP) is as long as I want and EXACTLY the Software for making ringtones (Windows XP) part of the song I want Very nice indeed However they only let you do it with songs you purchase from them And most of the songs I tried to purchase are not available as ringtones for some reason So what I am looking for is a piece of software for Windows XP that will let me cut my song exactly the way I want to and save it as an mp file Something that has fade in and fade out and a graphic representation of the song If it lets me splice two songs together even better but not a must Preferably something that is easy to use Nothing professional It s just to use on my cell phone Thank you all in advance for your help Before I go I also wanted to say that this forum is great Keep up the fantastic job nbsp

A:Software for making ringtones (Windows XP)

A good (and free) program to use is Audacity - found at audacity.sf.net - make sure you install the lame libraries so you can encode to MP3. It's available on all 3 major platforms.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/software-for-making-ringtones-windows-xp.97058/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi
I was just wondering if their is any tottaly free but good movie editing software sumthing along the lines of windows movie maker, also my o/s is windows xp pro, I find that windows movie maker just doesnt cut it also it always freezes and i cant stop it..... weird ay
>>>>>>>Wire<<<<<<<

Relevancy 47.3%

hi

I'd like to make a backup copy of my Adobe Creative Suite Premium cd. Does anyone know if this is possible?...I'd assume they have some sort of copy protection on it...

I have Nero for my dvd/cd burning software.

I also tried copying the adobe go live program folder in c:/program files
and i emailed it to a friend to see if he could successfully install it, but it gave an error msg saying "cannot retrieve serial number information"
-anyone know a way to get around that or where that info would be stored on my computer, so I can get it to install on another comp w/o the cd??

thanks!

A:making backup copy of software

they put copy protection on it for a purpose..

we can't help with illegal copying here at TSG..

closing thread...

buck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/making-backup-copy-of-software.322103/
Relevancy 47.3%

i hope this is in the right category

A:whats the best font making software?

I heard that Macromedia Fontographer is really good.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whats-the-best-font-making-software.855896/