Windows Support Forum

windows can not find -an app data\local\native messaging file

Q: windows can not find -an app data\local\native messaging file

keep getting this persistent pop-up message
can get to Google Chrome, but Explorer just 'pings' when I try to use
checked hidden files and the file noted is in fact there

C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\NativeMessaging\CT3315828\1_0_0_6\nmHostConfig.json

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: windows can not find -an app data\local\native messaging file

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: windows can not find -an app data\local\native messaging file

tried adding app data files to -programs that run at start-up, not useful

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316440-windows-can-not-find-app-data-local-native-messaging-file.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi
Using Windows XP Home.
I am logged on as the administrator, as usual.
Recently, I can't find the "Local Settings" folder in its usual place, that is, in C:\Documents and Settings\my name\ (where I could always see it before now).
However, I can find it by using Search in Windows Explorer, and can then open the folder, and sub-folders and files from there.
Can anyone explain why the folder doesn't show in the normal Explorer view, and how I can get it back?
Thank you
Robin Oram
25/01/2009

A:Can't find Local Settings file in Windows Explorer

Maybe the folder was accidentally moved. When you search for the folder using Explorer's Search function what path does it give?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/197973/cant-find-local-settings-file-in-windows-explorer/
Relevancy 67.94%

So I have this issue. Whenever I try to find a Windows native application with the aid of the search box it won't find anything. It finds third-party applications but not Windows natives. For instances, it will find 'Skype' but won't find 'cmd' or 'update'.

Any idea why it happens?

Thanks!

PS: I SUSPECT that it is not including the System32 folder in the search but not absolutely sure if this is the cause of the problem. And, if it is I don't know how to fix it.

A:Search box will not find Windows native applications

Hello yankleber,

As a test, set your search settings to have Don't use the index when searching in file folders for system files checked to see if that may help. This way you don't have to worry about if the location is added to the index or if the index is up to date yet.

Search Options - Change or Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/367566-search-box-will-not-find-windows-native-applications.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Microsoft Vista Dell Inspiron 1545

I don't remember what system did it, but after an automatic repair of of my system I am unable to get on the internet. I get this message:"Unable to find local data files. Please reinstall." I'm using Chrome.

I did not back up in advance. How and where do I find and reinstall local data files.

A:Message: "Unable to find local data files. Please reinstall.

Re-install Chrome, see if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/message-unable-to-find-local-data-files-please-reinstall.1120721/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi, i have a problem here, i have three comps in my house. it's all connected via an access point. I usually use it for sharing my internet connection and my files. The problem is, i can't send messages to my other computer. I tried to use "net send" from the command prompt, i always display error message. i also tried to use messaging program, but all of itu requires somekind of domain. my network does not use a domain. just a simple computer networking. can anyone help me? Thank you.

A:Local Messaging

Start run "winchat" may work!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-messaging.64325/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have 2 computers in different offices both with broadband. A program on computer a needs to access a datafile in realtime(accounting data). How can I set this up to be fast so it doesn't act like it accessing data remotely?

I have tried Ibackupdrive( a virtual internet drive) and Hamachi but both seem too slow, 2-5 seconds latency. Using Gotomypc or Logmein, I can access the data in less than a second.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:local application accessing remote data file

Buy a really fast link. There is a lot of difference between a remote console view of the computer and actually accessing the DB remotely.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-application-accessing-remote-data-file.673077/
Relevancy 64.07%

does anyone know the GPO settings to control the amount of data that is downloaded to OST files on local windows 7 clients that are running Outlook 2010?
Much appreciated!
James

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f3d41035-ceda-43eb-8ba3-a754642f44c0/gpo-to-control-amount-of-data-downloaded-to-local-ost-file?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 63.21%

Please help When turning on the PC it says it cannot find the local profile loading a temp file then it says the local profile is corrupt and goes into like a very basic start up screen - I don t know much about computers - but it looks a lot like when temp Solved: find profile; local file MSG-Cannot loading you load into safe mode but not with the quot larger quot icons I hope that is a good desc I have read thru quite a few of the other forums trying to find a fix but I couldn t find anything I could understand The only thing I can tell you is that lately the computer last week or so it has been sluggish And the day before Solved: MSG-Cannot find local profile; loading temp file this happened Solved: MSG-Cannot find local profile; loading temp file my mother emailed me a bunch of photos she had taken while here on a trip and had scanned them to email I save them in picassa com google I had been playing around in Picassa the night before this happened and had made a wallpaper with the kids photos Not sure if that means anything but that was the last thing I was doing before this happened Here is my info HP compaq Pavilion n GenuineIntel - CPU MHz MHz CPU speed - MHz front bus speed MB current memory capacity Microsoft Windows XP HE SP E-GeFORCE MX Graphics I think I have security pretty well covered - A-squared Spybot Trend-Micro AVG Ewido Spyware Dr - and a few others I can t think of now I sure do apprecaite anything you can help with - I have had this PC over a year now and I am learning as I err Ya ll have helped a bunch and it is really great being able to go somewhere where your not made to feel so stupid that you actually learn somethings nbsp

A:Solved: MSG-Cannot find local profile; loading temp file

http://channels.lockergnome.com/it/...cover_a_damaged_windows_xp_user_profile.phtml

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-msg-cannot-find-local-profile-loading-temp-file.448505/
Relevancy 63.21%

The last 4 or 5 days I've been getting the attached message from NOD32. Finally got round to looking at it this morning. When I try to delete the file, NOD32 comes up "Error when deleting".

I did a search for the fie on my hard drive and I found it, but again when trying to delete straight from the source folder it it said "file not found".

I should have thought to have done a screen print of the properties box but I didn't. However, looking at the location - appdata/local/...8EE38d01 it appears this is a Firefox profile file.

Ever since it's shown up I seem to be having problems with the wifi on the laptop, I don't know if this is causing it or whether that's a new problem entirely!

Thought I'd drop a post here in case anyone's come across this before.

Kit

A:NOD32 finds threat in file I cannot find - Appdata/Local

wittykitty,

You can get rid of it by using Windows Defender Offline.
Windows Defender Offline runs without Win 7 running.

Follow this procedure:
HOW TO USE WINDOWS DEFENDER OFFLINE ON A USB STICK
Windows Defender Offline
? is a free standalone, bootable malware and virus remover from Microsoft.
? performs an offline scan of an infected PC to remove viruses, rootkits and other advanced malware.

Download Windows Defender Offline (about 764 kB)

You will have the choice of downloading the 32bit version (x86) or the 64 bit version (x64).
The link will help you determine whether you are running a 32 bit version or 64 bit version of Windows

NOTE!! You can download and prepare a 32 bit version using a 64 bit version of Windows
NOTE!! You can download and prepare a 64 bit version using a 32bit version of Windows.

You run the 32 bit version on a 32 bit version of Windows.
You run the 64 bit version on a 64 bit version of Windows.

The 32 bit download file name is: mssstool32.exe
The 64 bit download file name is: mssstool64.exe

For the curious, this program was originally name Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper.

INSTALLATION:
You will need an Internet Connection.
Insert 512 mB (Microsoft?s 256 mB is no longer accurate) or larger USB stick into a usb port.
Run the downloaded program--mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe
NEXT button
Choose the option On a USB flash drive that is not password protected
NEXT button
NEXT button
The install program will format the usb stick using the NTFS format.
The install program will download about 210 mB.
The install program will name the USB stick WDO_Media32 or WDO_Media64
The WDO_Media32 usb stick will have used space of 255 mB (268,140,544 bytes)
The WDO_Media64 usb stick will have used space of 282 mB (296,165,376 bytes)
You can expect the number of mB to increase as more malware appears.

UPDATE Windows Defender Offline USB stick:
? reinsert the usb stick
? run the installation program, mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe, again.
? the update will download about 66 mB (mssstool32.exe) and 68 mB (mssstool64.exe).

Since the malware database is sometimes updated several times in a day, always update before running.

PERFORM AN OFFLINE SCAN
Bootup your computer from the USB stick
Windows Defender Offline will automatically perform a quick scan.
After the quick scan finishes, Choose Full Scan
Select all of your drives

The initial, full scan can easily take several hours, but
Remember, your computer is being very thoroughly checked for all types of malware.

RESULTS OF THE SCAN
The results will be in 4 log files on your computer's disk in:
\Windows\Microsoft Antimalware\Support
===============================================

After running wdo and booting your computer up normally,
then carry out following which will put a .ZIP file on your desktop. Upload that .ZIP file please.

Script:

# ************************************************************
# Zips up your log files from Windows Defender Offline
#  and extended info about the log files
# Places WDOlogs.ZIP on your Desktop
#
# **********************INSTRUCTIONS**************************
# STEP 1 *****************************************************
# RUN PowerShell as administrator
# START ORB | type POWERSHELL | CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER key combo | ALT+Y keycombo
# ********************************... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/238863-nod32-finds-threat-file-i-cannot-find-appdata-local.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD E-350 Processor, AMD64 Family 20 Model 1 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2666 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 286069 MB, Free - 232407 MB; D: Total - 14910 MB, Free - 1657 MB; E: Total - 4055 MB, Free - 1108 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3577
Antivirus: Norton AntiVirus Online, Updated and Enabled
UGH!!

I keep getting this error screen upon reboot, and I cannot figure out how or why it got there or what it's for!?
I can't figure out how to fix it or remove it from popping up every time I turn my system on... FRUSTRATING!!

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you Kara

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-data-sqlite-cannot-find-file-specified.1083317/
Relevancy 60.2%

I copied everything from the hard disk of this computer into a folder on another hard disk before working on the machine. I have since loaded everything from scratch (Windows and all) onto the machine I'm working on.

Now I'm looking on the disk where I backed up everything and I can't find a file that looks like a Peachtree 2003 data file. I haven't worked on many machines with Peachtree on it so I know little to nothing about its file extensions.

I've found some web pages that say the .PTB is a backup file and the .PTDB is the data file; but, I can't find even one file of any kind with more than three characters in its extension.

Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-find-peachtree-accountings-data-file.591205/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I'm currently in the process of testing deploying IE in setup XML - file File Local Enterprise Local List Network, IE11 Manager or HTTP, Site our environment and I've begun testing on the IE Enterprise Site List manager I've read that there are a few different ways to configure the XML file to apply via GPO IE11 Enterprise Site List Manager XML file setup - HTTP, Local Network, or Local File per the article below nbsp HTTP Local Network Local File https technet microsoft com en-us library Dn aspx In my isolated testing I've chosen to use the local file method which is very easy to setup and use on a testing machine It looks like we have the flexibility to choose how we apply the XML file and I was curious what the best options are and why nbsp Also are there examples of each setup being used and the benefits downsides to each Here's the options that I can see using HTTP - setup an IIS website to host the XML file Local Network UNC - setup a UNC path on our DFS where we store the current XML file and users would have read only access to that location Local File - We could just deploy the XML file via SCCM package application when updates to the list are required Could anyone please point me towards some articles etc explaining the pro's and cons of these methods and why I might want to choose one over the other nbsp I'm leaning towards just using a DFS share and option because it doesn't require us to maintain an IIS site for it but I am curious to hear if there might be any downsides to this method or benefits to going with another method Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ffeba7b5-ee91-4622-a535-a16b90c4a41f/ie11-enterprise-site-list-manager-xml-file-setup-http-local-network-or-local-file?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello guys! This has happened to me around some months ago, when i was trying to install some games, and now, whenever i reboot my PC, the screen resolution changes.

My native monitor res is: 1680x1050.

But on Catalyst Control Center, whenever i reboot, the EDID would show that my max. res is 1600x1200, so i have to manually uncheck the "use extended display identification data or driver defaults" box and set the res to 1680 again.

Any ideas?

A:Extended Display Identification Data vs. Monitor's Native Res

Any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/258533-extended-display-identification-data-vs-monitors-native-res.html
Relevancy 58.05%
Relevancy 58.05%

Had a horrible problem with malware which bleepingcomputer helped me with. (thank you) At that time, several profiles were "lost." Got everything back and it worked well for several weeks. Then got the message again that the local profile could not be found/located; loading temporary profile. I used system recovery and went back to the good date I had following the major clean up. All is restored, until a few weeks later. Been playing this game and I'm tired of it. (I'm at home again, so I can work on problem.) What causes this to happen and how can I stop it? Also, using winPatrol and keep getting messages about QuickTime wanting to install something at startup. Been check no, but it gets very aggravating for son and husband as it pops up more than it does on my profile.

Thanks!

Tami Greene

A:"Windows cannot find local profile. . . "

IME...anytime a temporary profile is used...that's an indication that the standard profile is damaged.

In such cases, I would create a new profile and move the settings/files from the damaged profile...to the newly created one and then delete the old one.

As to why a profile becomes damaged...any file can become damaged at any time, IMO.

Re Quicktime...I suggest uninstalling it (it's one of my least favorite programs). If you must install/use it...then I suggest that you pay attention to all the options that you enable by default when installing it. Due to lack of info provided, I can't suggest more than that.

You may want to become a member of the QT forum, http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=122 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359850/windows-cannot-find-local-profile/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have never had a problem logging on before yesterday.The problem is still there,I am still being logged on with a temporary profile,which seems to be the same as starting all over again.I have lost most of my desktop icons ,all my documents and pictures are gone and I need to search out them from somewhere. Then the folders are still there but the documents were lost.There isn't any net connection in my computer and don't connect any external devices like pendrive. Why this happened? How can get my documents as previous in my desktop. Please give me suggestion.

A:Windows can't find the local profile.....

Your profile became corrupted. So, Windows created a temporary user profile for you. Go to Start/Run and type control userpasswords and press enter. Create a new user profile with admin rights. Log out of the temp user you are in and log in as the new user. Now go to C:\Documents and Settings here you will have the user profile your in be branched out. You will also see the Administrator profile and your old user profile. Open your old user profile and copy the My Documents, Favorites and Desktop folders and paste them into your new profile overwriting the empty files that are in there now. You may need to Take Ownership of the Folder. Then just log in as the new user from now on.
As for your other issues like net connectivity, go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager, do you see any yellow marks next to devices? If so, you will need to install a driver for these devices from your computer manufacturers support/download drivers site.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-cant-find-the-local-profile-566652.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, my daughter has a laptop with Windows XP Professional, Internet Explorer and Outlook Express for emails. Yesterday it was fine and today it isn't! When we switch on the computer we get a pop-up window that says "Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off".
Everything appears to be gone, the screen saver is just a generic green hills, All short cuts are gone, Outlook express is empty and other things she had like msn is gone.

Why would it not be about "find the local profile"? and is there anything we can do to get it back to normal?
Thanks for any advice you can offer.

A:Windows cannot find the Local profile.....

I think these will help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812339/en-us

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-cannot-find-the-local-profile-105484.html
Relevancy 58.05%

This error started today and occurs when I try to open Google Chrome. It also pops up if I try to download anything. My anti virus is up to date and I ran Anti-Malware to no avail.

I hope this a software problem but I suspect a virus. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thank You in advance,
Lisa

A:Missing File Error--->unable To Find Locale Data Files. Please Reinstall.

lisa1977 said:

It also pops up if I try to download anything.Click to expand...

With what are you trying to download?

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/missing-file-error-unable-to-find-locale-data-files-please-reinstall.308586/
Relevancy 57.19%

Newbie question:  After installing to diagnose wifi connectivity issues on Windows 10, I can't collect any data from a local trace. No error messages are displayed, and there's nothing obvious in Event Viewer indicating a problem. Any ideas on why
nothing's captured?  There is traffic during the attempted trace.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b365b099-d489-4c66-8a56-e3417016eddd/unable-to-collect-data-from-local-trace-on-windows-10?forum=messageanalyzer
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi dear HP community! It's first time I making post here and looking forward for reply from you... There was no problem for me to find drivers about month ago but today I've found myself surprised that no drivers availble on the HP site for Pavilion dv6700 CTO. Link used: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv6700-entertainment-notebook-pc-series/... Product: HP Pavilion dv6700p/n: KU120EA#ACB Can someone help me to find driver pack? Maybe some local backups.... Thanks a lot in advance.

A:Cant' find Pavilion dv6700 native Vista drivers on HP offici...

Hi, Yes, there is a hiccup. HP is working on the problem right now: many driver pages are down. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Cant-find-Pavilion-dv6700-native-Vista-drivers-on-HP/td-p/5708571
Relevancy 56.33%

I've quite some Windows machines in my home network running XP Professional, Win7 Professional, Premium and Starter. Since about two weeks, EVERY system is complaining occasionally about local profiles that cannot be found after switching user (or on Starter, logging off and logging on to another user). The exact message is 'Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile'. Only by rebooting I'm able to get into my original profile.

Since I have seen this multiple times on XP, Win7 Starter and Win7 Professional, and only since about two weeks, this rather points to some 'fix' that I received with Windows Update. At least I can not imagine another reason. Does anyone have this problem too?

Relevancy 55.47%

I am experiencing a problem with Micrsoft Word and Googled a solution which is to change the location of the Temporary Internet Files folder however I can only get to a certain point Here are the instructions This problem occurs because the Temporary Internet Files location for Internet Explorer is set to be an unexpected location Specifically the Temporary Internet Files location for Internet Explorer is set to be a location in which the user does not have permissions to create new temporary files ResolutionTo resolve this problem change the Temporary Internet Files location for Intern To resolve this problem change the Temporary Internet Files location Solved: name>\AppData\Local\ to C:\Users\<user How find Microsoft\Windows for Internet Explorer To do this follow these steps On the Tools menu in Solved: How to find C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\ Microsoft\Windows Internet Explorer click Internet Options to display the Internet Options dialog box In the Internet Options dialog box click the General tab In the Browsing history section click Settings to open the Temporary Internet Files and History Settings dialog Solved: How to find C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\ Microsoft\Windows box In the Temporary Internet Files and History Settings dialog box click Move Folder to open the Browse for Folder dialog box In the Browse for Folder dialog box select the following location For Windows Vista for Windows and for Windows Server C Users lt user name gt AppData Local Microsoft Windows For Windows XP and for earlier versions of Windows C Documents and Settings lt user name gt Local Setting Note Whichever location you select a folder that is called Temporary Interenet Files is created And if it is necessary content is migrated to the new location Click OK to close the Browse for Folder dialog box Click OK to close the Temporary Internet Files and History Settings dialog box Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box Restart the computer when you are prompted When I get to the Browse for Folder dialog box I cannot find the quot C Users lt user name gt ApplData Local Microsoft Windows quot file that is referenced in order to proceed Here is what I see Gateway C When I double click on that the following folders appear Perf Log Program Files Program Files X Users Windows When I click on quot Users quot then a folder with my name appears which would be quot user name quot When I click on my name then it shows Contacts Desktop My Documents Downloads Favorites etc so how do I get to C Users lt user name gt ApplData Local Microsoft Windows I have opened all of the folders such as program files Windows etc but cannot find a the files that I am instructed to scroll to Any help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: How to find C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\ Microsoft\Windows

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-find-c-users-user-name-appdata-local-microsoft-windows.1012533/
Relevancy 53.32%

Maybe software, Maybe hardware with windows xp.
I am trying to copy files from a USB drive to another USB drive on my computer
and I get "windows unable to save all data for the file G:\$mft. Where do I start
to try to trouble shoot this problem. I am using a program called teracopy to copy
files because windows explorier gives error with large file names.

Thank you,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-mft-error-windows-unable-to-find-all-data.848546/
Relevancy 52.89%

HI All,
We have set up three users in a home network where one person holds all the files on their PC and that folder is shared for access to everyone.  It is a remote location so no need to have it too locked down.  I haven't created a homegroup but can
if that changes things.  the issue is that at the moment two people can open the same file at the same time without any message about the file already being in use - then the rule of "last person to save the file" wins.  Is there any way
- by settings on the PC, or by using homegroup instead, or by using a third party tool - to prevent this from happening?
Thanks,
JJ

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a54dc183-d98a-4cec-a98f-ae3b20228883/preventing-file-overwriteshare-conflict-in-peeer-to-peer-windows-7-homegrouplocal-file-share?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.89%

I realize there are many posts on this issue When I click a Word document in Windows Explorer find name from path\file Windows cannot Windows opening when Explorer file I get the message quot Windows cannot open the file path name make sure etc quot Word opens but file does not With Word open clicking brings up another instance of Word without file and same error Same Windows cannot find file path\file name when opening from Windows Explorer as other posts on this Windows cannot find file path\file name when opening from Windows Explorer issue Issue does not occur with any other files Excel PowerPoint Access Acrobat etc Happens with only Word extensions docx etc If I open Word and open the file from inside Word all is fine I tried saving documents in different Word extensions saving to different locations but still get the error--only when opening directly from Explorer or Desktop I have repaired Office Ultimate Version uninstalled Word reinstalled Word tried the registry fix posted here and MS site removing Data reg entry under Word Used tool posted here to unassociate reassociate docs with Word I reimaged my hard drive using an image from two weeks ago but apparently it started before that because I still get the same error I reset my index and waited for it to regenerate I'm sure there might be other solutions I've tried but these are the ones that come to mind It is a three-week-old Dell laptop -bit Vista Not impossible to live with but has me stumped According to all the posts in networld and here fairly common problem that seems to have no single solution If anyone knows of new tips I'd sure appreciate it

A:Windows cannot find file path\file name when opening from Windows Explorer

Error is "cannot find (path\name)...before someone yells. Also, thorough scan for malicious software, trojans, etc. Do not have BSPlayer, whatever that is. Also, if I search for the document in the menu, I can't open it from there either.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/261044-windows-cannot-find-file-path-file-name-when-opening-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 52.89%

First off local the "Windows you then and is the profile." cannot cannot find logging "Windows load on... profile stored locally I d like to thank you very much for even opening this thread I greatly appreciate the help The following error message only occurs after someone has been logged onto the computer on their account for an extended period of time I think it s "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile." then "Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on... about or hours and over but I have no way of being sure A few months ago I "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile." then "Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on... got a pretty bad virus infection I cleaned it all "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile." then "Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on... up and the system ran but had some errors going on with windows I then bought an external hard drive So I re-formatted and re-installed windows XP Then I found this error message after logging off of my user and then having my brother try to log onto his user profile There are user profiles on this computer and only one of them has administrative rights at the moment Windows cannot load the locally stored profile Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile If the problem persists contact your network administrator Followed by Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off So it only occurs when someone has been logged on for over hours and then tries to log onto another person s profile it doesn t affect only one profle but usually affects all profiles but the one that was logged into for over hours I have tried running chkdsk it comes up with no problems I ve tried running SFC exe SCANNOW but it always around the end after fixing a few problems with the Dell re-installation DVD asks me to insert windows xp CD which I don t have I only have disc that has to do with windows XP the other discs are drivers and software I am pretty annoyed with this I have tried deleting and re-making the user profiles Over the past little while I ve done several re-formatting and re-installations to see if it was just a bad windows XP installation No luck I m starting to form theories - the virus damaged some hardware and my system is having trouble maintaining windows XP- The virus is still here even after the re-format and re-installations and is causing problems But I never had this problem after removing the viruses only after reinstalling - My Re-installation disc is damaged or had some corrupted files It is from afterall right Please this is the biggest annoyance I ve had to date Is there anything I can do I ve run so many virus scans that I ve been driving myself insane over the past few months Please BC community I really need you guys Thanks so much in advance Edit I forgot to add that the problem is fixed simply by restarting the computer The only reason this is a problem is because when it logs you into the temporary account none of your files are there none of your bookmarks etc And restarting the computer takes much longer than simply logging off and logging into another side

A:"Windows cannot load the locally stored profile." then "Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on...

This problem is more serious than you think...since eventually user access could be denied.

Damaged profiles occur routinely...they beoome showstoppers only because users ignore the warnings that are provided...by permitting access via temporary profiles.

Users need to create a new profile...and then transfer settings, etc. from the damaged to the new...in order to overcome a damaged profile.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555473 AND http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326688 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368812/windows-cannot-load-the-locally-stored-profile-then-windows-cannot-find-the-local-profile-and-is-logging-you-on-with-a-temporary-profile/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I have installed Windows 7 on my laptop with native VHD boot technology.
When I open windows explorer I have :

c: which hosts windows system files
d: whic contains VHD file

If I save this VHD file and BCD store, is it possible to rebuild rapidly and simply my Windows environment with those two files in case of crash.

If yes, how to do this please ?

Regards.

A:Rebuild an environment with Win7 native VHD boot file

Good question

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/53264-rebuild-environment-win7-native-vhd-boot-file.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there,

Here is what I want to do with my current excel file:
Click Save button to save all required data to another sheet
The number highlighted in reed need to be auto increment (+1) each time save button is click
Then the file will save as a new excel file with the form number (SRF-ABC-1001-14.xls)
And clear the current form and exit excel

Please refer my attached file for the sample what I want to do.

Please note the number highlighted in red should be auto increment number, once click save button, the file will automatic save as a new excel with the Form name.

Thank you so much for your help and time reading this.

A:vba to save file as a new file and record data into existing data sheet

anyone able to assist me?

I'm looking forward to learn hence I appreciate each code have a comment on top of it and provide me some samples of code and I'll workout the rest.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vba-to-save-file-as-a-new-file-and-record-data-into-existing-data-sheet.1134334/
Relevancy 52.46%

I recently installed Windows Desktop Search on Windows XP, and for some reason it doesn't seem to find
numerical data within a spreadsheet. Is it possible to search for
numbers in Excel spreadsheets?

A:Windows Desktop Search Can't Find Numerical Data In Excel

The short answer is no. Conventional search tools cannot navigate Excel's file structure. There are 3rd party software options available. However I was not able to find a worthy freeware option.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113376/windows-desktop-search-cant-find-numerical-data-in-excel/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am using the search found, when you click the Microsoft Windows flag/symbol/orb.

I search for a word: episodic.
The results are only 1 word document which has a question: What is episodic.

The Windows 7 search does not find my 2nd word document which has the answer: Episodic is...
nor does Windows 7 search find other powerpoint lectures and presentations including the definition of the word episodic?

Can someone help as this is just one example of many failed Windows 7 searches.

A:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit search doesn't find correct data?

I think the search from the start menu only searches for file names (don't know if there's a way to change that). To find text within files you could use the search function in Explorer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/221640-windows-7-ultimate-64-bit-search-doesnt-find-correct-data.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i wasn t sure whether to put this in the OS forum or here i chose this forum cause i figure there s a greater liklihood that its members are more local PHP when XP double clicked error file Windows advanced users plus it has to do w a php file i must apologize Windows XP error when local PHP file double clicked in advance as this post does ramble a bit but i feel it s important to cite the events leading up to this error i m no advanced php coder by any means however i have been studying php recently -- going through a book quot Sams Teach Yourself PHP MySQL and Apache quot so i m only just starting to get the hang of it i use EditPlus for the coding I m storing my PHP files in the Apache Webroot programfiles apachegroup apache htdocs webroot file php and i test them on localhost weird thing happened today it s possibly significant because i recently thought i might have had a virus worm or spyware hogging my system recsources so last night this morning i ran some boot-time virus scans and antispyware scans w Avast and PC Tools Spyware Doctor i have HHD s in the box each w bootable XP Pro sp so i ran scans w the questionable OS drive as both master and as slave discussion in other forums regarding this problem led me to uninstall Norton System Works from the OS w the hogged resources -- someone suggested i get rid of Norton Anti-Virus and replace it w AVG when they saw the processes in my TaskManager screen shot a long-time AVG user i actually now use Avast Home Edition free as i think it might be more thorough offers some real-time protection and allows boot-time scan not sure if i could do that w AVG anyway the files he saw were norton systemworks files-- as i use it to quot clean quot the system once a month the one-button-checkup thing but heeding his advice anyway i did uninstall systemworks as he reported it to be a resource hog the scans that i ran prior to removing norton didn t find anything significant but the system resouces no longer seem to be hogged as the system now seems to be running okay even before i uninstalled systemworks now on to the problem which has led me to post here settling in to get back to my PHP book i opened EditPlus and looked at a few files i had recently coded in EditPlus i chose View gt View in Browser which actually doesn t display the php file for whatever reason but my OCD forced me to try it again anyway This caused the IE file download pop-up which didn t happen before asking if i wanted to open save or cancel the file i selected open and checked the box quot always perform this function quot whatever that prompt IE file dowload prompt says then in EditPlus browser window i get the IE page quot action cancelled Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested The page might be temporarily unavailable quot which didn t happen before either in the past EditPlus simply showed a blank page when i tried to view PHP pages in its browser-- which is why i had been viewing the files in IE on localhost and also an XP alert popped up stating that the file could not be located but if i navigate to the folder the file is in fact there as well as all of the EditPlus bak files the Apache server is still funcioning as i can type the address in IE and the file is displayed i attached the windows pop up message any idea why i m getting this nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All,
Like Office telemetry, I want to implement Windows Telemetry in my organization where I want to collect all the windows telemetry data into our local database.
Please let us know the steps which need to be performed to implement this.

Many Thanks,
Chandan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0df8b6d1-8e33-4611-b93b-cfee3392944d/how-to-implement-windows-telemetry-to-collect-telemetry-data-into-local-database?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.74%
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Tarkuz,as mentioned in the chat, I'm taking a look at the log. c:\users\tarkus\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\start menu\programs\startup\09eb99c455680f440c477dff1bede754.exeLet's see what that weird file is, can you please upload it to www.virustotal.com and give me the link for the results.regardsmyrti

A:.tmp file at USER/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Windows/System32 (passwords, chats)

Hi,given the resutls from virustotal, I would recommend running Malwarebytes next:Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet and double-click on the renamed file to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.Malwarebytes will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button and continue.If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A: 4. Issues.Under the Scanner tab, make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Click on the Scan button.When the scan is complete, click OK, then click the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.Exit Malwarebytes when done.Note: If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.-- Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, use Malwarebytes Chameleon and follow the onscreen instructions. The Chameleon folder can be accessed by opening the program folder for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (normally C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware).regradsmyrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510494/tmp-file-at-userappdatalocalvirtualstorewindowssystem32-passwords-chats/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have done exactly what what was said in his problem and i have the OTL.txt and Extras.txt files opened in notepad. Do i post them up for you to see?

If there is anything you need to know just ask.

A:AVG has detected a threat in the file: 'C:\Users\T Godson\AppData\Local\Windows\winhelp.exe...

You need to follow this guide.Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349863/avg-has-detected-a-threat-in-the-file-cuserst-godsonappdatalocalwindowswinhelpexe-when-i-select-remove-selected-threats-the-file-is-delete/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there,
i have 2 computers a laptop and a desktop. The desktop computer has all my files and i used to access them wirelessly from the laptop, but yesterday i removed nod32 and got avg internet security (pro) and since then i can't see my desktop in network...
i am pretty sure it's something simple, hope i provided everything needed,

thanks in advance

A:Can't find local pc

I suspect AVG is blocking access - you need to go into AVG and allow access on your local network

some thing like
Open AVG
Tools menu
Firewall settings option
Profiles
System services
Microsoft file sharing and printing service.
System rule details from Block to Allow
-----------------
You should also be able to set AVG Firewall configuration to allow a range of IP address - choose a range in your network typically starts 192.168.x.x

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-find-local-pc.961981/
Relevancy 49.45%

Looking for the solution for another problem I was directed to this area and noticed nearly 1,000 folders all with {345324A..........} type names and none with any content at all.

OK, so B-Tree databases are quick, etc, etc. But why so many? What are they doing? Can I delete them?

Thank you.

A:../App Data/Local why so many folders

Thise folders were created by windows live, so uninstall wl or just delete them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/293368-app-data-local-why-so-many-folders.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I'm using excel 2003 and I am wondering if there is a way to locate a piece of data that was recetly added, delete all the cells that include that data, and then shift the remaining cells up. Any suggestions? Thank You!

Relevancy 49.02%

When I double click a .bat file windows says it can't find it, but if I do a direct access to the file then it runs it without any problem. Any idea?

Tanks!

A:Windows can't find the file when trying to run a .bat file

Hi and Welcome to SevenForums.

Can you please post a screen shot of the error you are getting as i'm not quite sure what you mean?
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Can it not find the actual bat file you are double clicking or a file that the script in the bat file is trying to reference?

Regards,
Jamie

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/339706-windows-cant-find-file-when-trying-run-bat-file.html
Relevancy 49.02%

starting computer can't find local connection, I have to restart to find it. It's fustrating and cannot get any help from manufacture or server. do you happen toknow why :bounce:

A:Can't find local connection

I don't think anyone happens to know why since you supplied virtually no information.

What is broken? What do you want to do? What kind of computer? What kind of operating system? What kind of network? What kind of network setup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-local-connection.27445/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,
My local disk D: disappeared, I can't see its icone, acess it, or the files in it. Even in disk management I can't find it.Anyone has any idea how to fix this problem?
Thank you.

A:I can't find local disk D:

I think more information is needed and what changed/happened. Was the 270 the d: drive?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517409/i-cant-find-local-disk-d/
Relevancy 49.02%

I just upgraded to Win7. In this PC I have 2 HDD, one C drive which works fin, and one additional HDD which I'm able to see in BIOS and Device Manager, but it do not show up in Explorer.
How to get it visible?
Thanks

A:Can't find local installed HDD

Right click my computer > manage, click disk management take a screenshot, post here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-local-installed-hdd.176151/
Relevancy 49.02%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 4008 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1812 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 463827 MB, Free - 317778 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0GDG8Y
Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled
After LOTS of problems with BT Desktop Help, I've been left with the error message 'Unable to find locale data files. Please reinstall'. Restarting from an earlier date has not worked and I've tried searching just about everywhere for these files. Any help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 49.02%

Ok im not sure if this is fixable or if ill have to reinstall windows any advice would be great I ran a spyware remover and the file was in C windows program wouldent allow me to delete it so i went into safe mode and removed it when it left it deleted some files im sure and now whenever i click on an application a popup from windows comes up saying Windows cannot find file lt file directory gt Make sure you typed name correctly and then try again Ive looked at the targets and through my Find Windows Cannot File program files and everythings fine in their nothings missing and Windows Cannot Find File all the shortcuts are targeted to the right place but ANY application it says this even when i go into places like control panel it says its missing rundll exe even though i can see the file Any advice is appreciated p s the only way i got to this website is by opening my computer and typing the url in seeing as the computer cant find firefox nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

When I turn on my laptop (Dell Latitude D600) XP Pro I get an error from inside windows saying: Windows can not find the file C:windows/config/csrss.exe or something like that. It doesn't seem to affect anything within windows but I would like to fix this. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

Also quick question im trying to nuke my HDD on my desktop I have the DBAN CD made I just don't have my XP Pro install CD but I have the CD Key, can I just burn a copy or do I need the original?

A:Windows Can Not Find File?

The real csrss.exe file is critical to operation, so I doubt it is missing. What might be missing is a malware executable of the same name, possibly deleted by your AV software, and something else is trying to get it to run.

Have you recently been infected ? What is your AV software ?

If you do not have an official, Dell XP Installation disk, your chances of successfully installing XP and using your legit Product Key are pretty slim. XP Installation disks are not "one size fits all". That key is going to be looking for a code on the XP installation disk in order for it to work, and if it doesn't find that code (because you are using an installation disk that is from another computer, or from a non-Dell source) the installation will hang and fail at the point where you input your Product Key. You won't be able to go forward using the Product Key you have, and you'll have to find a good disk in order to re-run another install.

You can make your own custom-created disks that will work, and are legal, but it will take some time to figure it all out.

Here's a link:

http://wiki.lunarsoft.net/wiki/Product_IDs

This might give you some sense of why it is usually better for people to pay the $25.00 or so that Dell charges for a new Installation Disk.

Do you know if you have your installation data saved to the hard drive in a secret partition ? If so, you can usually iniate a New Install by press F2 on startup. This will delete all the data on the HD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-can-not-find-file-500619.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Computer was infected with a virus. Could not repair files so I had to delete them. When we re-boot windows XP the message cannot find FIRST.exe comes up. What is this file associated with. This is on a remote computer and I am trying to help someone over the phone and they are not sure what programs are installed on their computer. Can anyone help?

A:Windows cannot find FIRST.EXE file

go to run and type msconfig and see if that file is in you r startup. if it is then remove it. thae file is probably the file that the virus executed from. i would also go to search and type in the name of the file and see if it copied itself anywhere

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-find-first-exe-file.70619/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am not entirely sure what has caused this or whether this post belongs somewhere else however something appears to have knocked the registry of my computer and windows cannot find the path of file specified for certain old files and new files that are downloaded. I tried to follow some step by step guides to fix the problem but the system cannot find the path for "regedit" or system restore. 

Here is the exact error message;

"Windows cannot find *****. Please check you have typed the name correctly and try again."

And...

"Windows cannot find the specified file"

Please note that I also encounter this error when trying to edit the user control settings. There is only one user on my computer that I am aware, and this should be the administrator user with access to all settings.

Any help you can give or offer your thoughts on the above would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks.

A:Windows cannot find the file specified

Hello Paisiri, and  to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.I am oneof4, and I am here to help you!
I ask that you refrain from running tools other than those I suggest to you while I am cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
Please perform all steps in the order received and do not proceed if you need clarification.
Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.

Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems please stop and tell me about it. When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide you with detailed suggestions for prevention.
At the top right-center of the topic you will see a button called Follow this topic. If you click on this, another page will open. Please choose Instantly for notification and then clicking on Follow this topic you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.
If after 5 days you have not replied to this topic, I will assume it has been abandoned, and I will close it.
I would also like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please be courteous and appreciative for the assistance provided!
Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. Your computer fix will be based on the current condition of your computer! Any changes might delay my ability to help you.
==========
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine.  Please perform the following scans:
Download Security Check by screen317 from http://screen317.spywareinfoforum.org/SecurityCheck.exe or http://screen317.changelog.fr/SecurityCheck.exe.
Save it to your Desktop.
Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
==========
 Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
Please copy and paste log back here.
The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527680/windows-cannot-find-the-file-specified/
Relevancy 49.02%

Yesterday I had installed the drivers for Asus Cool and Quiet and today I've had the computer running more then a couple of hours and it's shut down twice with this error.

This thread here explains the most recent change i've made to my system:

http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/691792-asus-cool-quiet.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-find-file.692522/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have three recent problems. Wondering if they are all virus related.
1st. Every time I log onto my desktop I get a small page opening up called tasking.exe. Nothing written on the black screen. This started a few days ago
2nd. I am using RoboForm start page and have favourite logins saved on that page. I can no longer click on these and login. I have to use RoboForm on the toolbar. This started about 2 days ago
3rd. Today when I log on I am still getting the screen in 1st..above. I also now get another window that says
Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\Darlene\AppData\Local\GeniusBox\client.exe' . Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.

Relevancy 49.02%

Kindly help me to resolve the issue in which i am stuck for weeks!

Here is the exact cmd error message i got automatically whenever i log on to my windows xp or after sometime.

"Windows cannot find file specified
C:\windows\System32"

A:Windows Cannot Find The File Specified

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will st... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554646/windows-cannot-find-the-file-specified/
Relevancy 49.02%

I create an iso image file and backup, then i can`t find the iso file C:\(name of movie).iso in Windows 7 when i want to burn. In Windows XP it`s quite easy to find it-My computer>right click system C>open. Do you know why this is in Windows 7?

A:Can`t find iso file in Windows 7

Well its because you had the application save it to the root of the C: drive.
So in reality it is not in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

What you should have done is told the application to save it to your documents or desktop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/97997-can-t-find-iso-file-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Cant open any word excel or access files hers the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files Sony ISB Utility cannot find file. Windows ISBMgr exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Windows cannot find file. Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opwareSE Windows cannot find file. exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard OrderReminder OrderReminder exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows System rundll exeC Users Jerry AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC Program Files Dropbox Dropbox exeC Users Jerry AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files Apoint ApMsgFwd exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXEC Users Jerry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Users Jerry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Jerry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Users Jerry AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www daemon-search com startpageR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO EWPBrowseObject Class - F E- - E - AAF- BC A A BE - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint EWPBrowseLoader dllO - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC ... Read more

A:Windows cannot find file.

Hello and to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.-----------------------------------------------------------We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREKind regardsNet_Surfer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/238510/windows-cannot-find-file/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am using Windows XP Home edition. I have read many tweaks for XP and some of them have asked me to go to Run "gpedit.msc" but when i do it windows cannot find the file. Why can't it? Could it be because of restrictions(even though i am a administrator i have had problems being restricted from using the Task Manager because of the admin)?

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I have a computer Windows XP Home SP that had quite a bit of spyware on it I cleaned it up using Ad Aware Spybot and Super AntiSpyware free edition but I cannot get ///C:Windows/privacy_danger file Internet Cannot Windows Malware: Find Explorer: rid of the error that keeps popping up I looked at some other posts but since that was log specific I didn t know if I should try to same thing Here is the error and below that is the Hijack Malware: Windows Internet Explorer: Cannot Find file ///C:Windows/privacy_danger This Log I d appreciate any assistance when you get time I just Malware: Windows Internet Explorer: Cannot Find file ///C:Windows/privacy_danger work on this during evenings Thanks Windows Internet Explorer Cannot find file C Windows privacy danger index htm Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Intuit QuickBooks qbw exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks axlbridge exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Earth GoogleEarth exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c pr... Read more

A:Malware: Windows Internet Explorer: Cannot Find file ///C:Windows/privacy_danger

Can anybody out there help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-windows-internet-explorer-cannot-find-file-c-windows-privacy_danger.697447/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys,

I'm using windows 7 ultimate,I recently found that in my administrative tools, there is no "local security policy". I tried to add the snapin through mmc there also i cannot find local security policy. should i register any .dll file?

Any help would be appreciated...

A:Cannot find local security policy

Quote: Originally Posted by Delphin

Hey guys,

I'm using windows 7 ultimate,I recently found that in my administrative tools, there is no "local security policy". I tried to add the snapin through mmc there also i cannot find local security policy. should i register any .dll file?

Any help would be appreciated...

sorry to disturb u guys. I found it.

Local Security Policy Editor - Open

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/14085-cannot-find-local-security-policy.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I didn't think I was this stupid. I don't seem to be able to find a place in VLC where I can select a file on another PC on the LAN.
Please can someone put me out of my misery and explain the procedure for me.
And I hope its not Open File !

Thanks for any pointers.

A:VLC - I can't find where to select local LAN files

What is VLC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vlc-i-cant-find-where-to-select-local-lan-files.385223/
Relevancy 48.59%

hello,
I am having trouble finding my local setting for my hard drive
C:\Documents and Settings\brian\Local Settings\Application Data\Ares\My Shared Folder

I can not find the LOCAL SETTING by going through C drive

Relevancy 48.59%

I need to change some settings in the Local Security Policy but when I go into Control Panel-->Administrative tools, it is not there. Does anybody have an idea of where else Local Security Policy would be? Is there a Run command I could enter?
I am running Windows XP Home SP2.
Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-find-local-security-policy.587128/
Relevancy 48.59%

im trying to make a program that is kind of a low jack for the computer so it sends an email when the computer is turned on, but when i run my code i get my local ip adress, i want my isp from my isp

this is the code im using
Dim strHostName As String

Dim strIPAddress As String

strHostName = System.Net.Dns.GetHostName()

strIPAddress = System.Net.Dns.GetHostByName(strHostName).AddressList(0).ToString()

MessageBox.Show("Host Name: " & strHostName & "; IP Address: " & strIPAddress)
i found a website that just displays the ip address, is there a way that i can tell visual basic to copy the text in the site and set it to a value? i just need it to automatically select the text in the website and copy it into a string.

A:Solved: Trying to find non local ip adress

nvm found a code
for future reference

Dim Text As Variant
WebBrowser1.Navigate ("URL")
Text = WebBrowser1.Document.Body.Innertext
MsgBox (Text)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trying-to-find-non-local-ip-adress.884000/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm responsible for maintaining a network in busy restaurant, and we've been having increasing occurrences of lag, dropped internet connections and general poor performance. I know this a very general question, but I need a little nudge in the right direction, to get started diagnosing this.

What is the first thing one should do, typically, to find weaknesses or bottlenecks in a local network?

Relevancy 48.59%

I've recently reformatted my computer, and when i tried to connect to my internet the Local Area Connection wasn't there. All there was, was a 1394 connection, which doesn't work. I've tried everything! Please, help?

Relevancy 48.59%

I need to map a network for school, but the network is incompatible with the default security. My school's website had a set of instructions for how to make my computer compatible, but they required going into Administrative Tools and then to Local Security Policies, and for some reason Local Security Policies is not there.

Basically my question is where the heck did Local Security Policies go? I feel like this should be an easy enough question, but nothing I've tried has worked.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Paul

A:Cannot find Local Security Policies

Hello Paul, and welcome to Vista Forums.

I'm sorry, but secpol.msc (Local Security Policy) is not available in the Vista Home Basic edition. It's only available in the Business, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions.

Sorry.

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/265610-cannot-find-local-security-policies.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Everyone,

I upgraded my machine windows 8 to windows 10 last month. Using Local Account "Administrator" but few days back i entered my MS account to use store after that it asking me login to machine with MS Account not local account. And i cant find the option of "Sign in with a local account instead" (Screen shot attached).
Please ignore the grammar

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/51340-cant-find-sign-local-account-instead.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,
On my computer, AppData\Local\Packages folder is taking a lot of space.
What files/folders can be deleted from this folder and what is the impact?
Thanks
Anil

A:Deleting data from AppData\Local\Packages

Hello Anil,
The files in the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages folder store the user configuration settings for all of the installed Modern UI Apps.
These apps use a completely different programming model than the traditional Desktop (Win32) apps.
It is not recommended to delete the folder.
If you are just trying to clear the Windows Store Cache, there is a built-in component to accomplish this.
1. Press the WinKey+Q to display the Search and type WSRESET.
2. In the Results, click wsreset to reset the Store Cache.
3. The Windows Store will open and confirm that the cache has been cleared.
Best regards,
Fangzhou CHNEFangzhou CHEN
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a9f30534-8d91-4bdf-8864-3a64f4b71e04/deleting-data-from-appdatalocalpackages?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Scenario I am undergoing my second most irritating problem with over a local BSOD 7F data network when transferring my desktop computer for the two years I've owned it I've gone through so many processes fixes reinstalls hardware BSOD 7F when transferring data over a local network checks and can't find diddly squat to solve my problem So now I turn to here in hope that someone may be able to help me with this issue Please bare in mind before I continue I can confirm it's not my graphics card nor RAM as I have had both RMA'd due to faults I am currently using my spare ram whilst the others are being sent away Have tested my current ram with MEMTEST no faults where found No overlock is present other than the predefined XMP profiles I have switched these off and have still received the same BSOD The problem I encounter is a random BSOD when transferring data over a local network using a wireless adapter The wireless adapter is PCI-E and has been placed in the suited socket All equipment has been cleaned and reseated Exc CPU SFC command has been ran Attempted a number of hotfix's that cover this exact problem but are not suitable for my machine WhoCrashed suggested that the driver at fault could be the Nvidia drivers so I uninstalled and purged them using Driver Fusion Premium Fault still occurs WhoCrashed reefers to the following modules nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm xBB BE nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm x BB C nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm xB D ntkrnlmp exe nt KeBugCheckEx x The most common BCCODE is F BSOD 7F when transferring data over a local network but on the occasion E and C are listed E and C have occurred twice This same fault happened even with my faulty RAM I have also re-tested my RMA'd graphics card and found no faults or artifacts for the period I had tested it for Games run fine though APB Reloaded known to be buggy likes to cause an E BSOD Replicating The Problem Now that the faulty ram has been exchanged for a temporary working pair the problem is less likely to occur If I start a file transfer between the computer and my Apple Time Capsule with sizes of GB and over unconfirmed there will be a brief system hang and then a BSOD with BCCODE F will occur This is usually occurs when downloading information OFF the NAS drive rather than uploading to it Event Viewer Logs prior to Crash Noticeable logs Crash time PM The driver Driver WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot UMB amp c b amp amp STORAGE VOLUME USBSTOR DISK amp VEN USB amp PROD FLASH DISK amp REV amp B amp ACPI thermal zone ACPI ThermalZone TZ has been enumerated PSV K TC TC TSP ms AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K CRT K HOT K PSL - see event data Fault bucket type Event Name BlueScreen Response Not available Cab Id Problem signature P P P P P P P P P P Attached files A Windows Minidump - - dmp A Users George Barnes AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml These files may be available here A ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER ReportArchive Kernel cab d a Analysis symbol Rechecking for solution Report Id - - Report Status Hardware Specifications Motherboard P Z -V PRO GEN PSU CoolerMaster W Bronze Wireless Adapter TP-LINK TL-WDN V I suspect it could be something to do with this GPU EVGA Nvidia GeForce SC RMA Memory RAM Can't remember will update this soon GB Mhz CPU Intel i - K Operating System Windows Professional -Bit Hard Drives Solid State Windows is installed on drive letter A USB devices always connected Triton Headset Mouse Keyboard Dock PS Controller Unplugged from remote when not in use I have given you all the information I can possibly think of giving you for the time being I hope this helps with the initial diagnostics Look forward to your replies and help The latest Minidump has been supplied Last crash at PM

A:BSOD 7F when transferring data over a local network

Just an obxervation of sorts...since you seem to have already had so many hardware component problems...have you thought that the problem may trace to your PSU or your motherboard?

I find it unusual that varied components on a 2-year-old system...seem to malperform.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494692/bsod-7f-when-transferring-data-over-a-local-network/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a laptop with Windows installed A lot of my files are synchronized to OneDrive I want to reformat and reinstall Windows but I want to restore all the OneDrive files from a local backup instead of redownloading them all from the OneDrive files on the Internet Does anyone know if there would be an issue with copying all the files back into the OneDrive folder after reformatting but before resynchronizing the files with OneDrive online I was hoping OneDrive would notice that the files are the same as the ones online and would not try to upload them again However I ran into an issue with the past where I tried to manually copy files back to the OneDrive folder and then it started uploading them all to the cloud again 8.1 data Win from local and OneDrive backup reinstalling but this time with the PC name in the reinstalling Win 8.1 and OneDrive data from local backup folder name Apparently it thought the files were modified both online and on the PC It was a mess Has anyone else tried this before

A:reinstalling Win 8.1 and OneDrive data from local backup

I've been wondering the same recently. I have 300GB or so in OneDrive that I don't want to have to download every time i reformat. Hopefully someone has something on this.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/66526-reinstalling-win-8-1-onedrive-data-local-backup.html
Relevancy 48.59%

There is a possible malware file in this folder that I want to delete but I can't access the folder. How do I do it?

A:How do I access App Data/Local/Temp folder?

Welcome to the forum,

This will show you how to get to that,

Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide

We have malware experts to help as well if you need that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306096-how-do-i-access-app-data-local-temp-folder.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I need some help from anybody who has or knows anything about Windows 2000. My PC has a error message that comes up right after I turn it on, but before it fully loads up. The error message says... "Cannot find the file 'C:\Program' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available." If anybody knows how to help find this problem, hit me back up on here ASAP.

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Guys,
I'm wondering... how can i find exe files of applications built in windows 7, for example:

Exe| App
taskmgr.exe | task manager
cleanmgr.exe | Disk Cleanup
wuapp.exe | Windows Update
mblctr.exe | Mobility Center
regedit.exe | Registry Editor
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,0 | Sound , Playback Devices tab
C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -r -t 30 -c "System Restarting in 30" | Restart in 30 sec with the given msg
C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 30 -c "System Shuttind Down in 30" | Shutdown in 30 sec with the given msg

for the above apps i know, but i want to find the followings:
Program and Features
Task Scheduler
and other's from Control Panel... How can i find the path for those applications?
Can anyone help?
Cheers

A:How to find Windows 7's application's EXE file

Every Control Panel applet is a file with a .CPL extension. If you perform a search for these files you'll see that they're all located in the C:\windows\system32 folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/131553-how-find-windows-7s-applications-exe-file.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have Windows XP. When my Iomega external harddrive runs to back up my documents and settings folder on my C: drive, I get a pop-up that says "Windows cannot find file c:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temporary internet files\content.ie5\856BC9EF\search[1]." The only thing I've tried is to delete temporary internet files under the IE browser tools-options menu which doesn't help. It's a small glitch but it's irritating.

A:Solved: Windows cannot find file.

I don't know how the Iomega backup works, but it should not be looking for anything there to backup.

If you are trying to backup your entire Documents and Settings folder that would include all the temporary internet files. You don't want to back those up -- there is no reason to want to replace these. There should be some configuration option to exclude those from the backup procedure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-cannot-find-file.341991/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey there. I'm trying to clean my computer up a little, but for some reason, there's a file that it "could not find", even though it's showing it right on the desktop! What happened?
The screen clipping is attached.

If you're wondering, that's a Google Chrome extension installer. Garbage.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I can move the file around on the desktop, but nothing else. It is confined to the desktop.

A:How do you delete a file Windows can't find?

This may sound incredibly stupid and obvious, but have you tried rebooting. I've had this happen before and a reboot solved this.

Stephen

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/230457-how-do-you-delete-file-windows-cant-find.html
Relevancy 48.16%

where can i find the actual windows 10 setup.exe file i want to copy it so i can have it in case of something happening to my computer so i can just install it again

A:where would i find the setup.exe file for windows 10

Use the media creation tool to download the ISO file. Burn this to a DVD for future usehttp://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/where-would-i-find-the-setupexe-file-for-windows-10/200.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have download Windows 7 with digital river. An icon named 'Win7-HP-Retail-en-us-x86' appered on desktop, when i opened it, it says 'unloading box' and put three more files on the desktop. 'Setup1.box' setup2.box' and 'expandedsetup' which is a folder. Ive searched inside and there is no ISO file?
But there is a setup.exe file that when clicked comes up with the windows 7 logo and 'install now' option.

Do i need an ISO file?

A:Downloaded Windows 7 but cant find an ISO file?

Hello Eldraw,

This may help.

Make bootable iso from student d/l

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/32621-downloaded-windows-7-but-cant-find-iso-file.html
Relevancy 48.16%

i have a toshiba satellite laptop,running win7 home premium and 4 gigs of ram. when i try to boot up i get a black screen prompting that it couldnt find the winload.exe file....i dont have a copy of windows as this was preinstalled...i also cant get to safe mode ,but its not b.s.o.d...additionally it is only 3 months old ,so is there a way to contact microsoft and have them send me a copy of win 7..or ami just gonna have to buy the operating sys,and just cold install ?..ive tried various c/prompts,but if anyone has any i havent tried im willing to try anything...i dont care about the files on my laptop..i just want the computer i paid for..thank you so much in advance

A:windows 7 cant find winload.exe file

You will need to contact your manufacturer for support if you need a copy of Windows. If you can access the console try typing this in:
sfc /scannow
It will detect any missing or damaged Windows files and repair them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384713/windows-7-cant-find-winloadexe-file/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I get this message and the empy window that find cannot 'file:///c:/windows/dlm.html'. go s along with it I read where several people have had the same problem I used adaware ect cannot find 'file:///c:/windows/dlm.html'. I am not sure how to do a reg restore here is the hijack this log thanks for any help you can offer Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files cannot find 'file:///c:/windows/dlm.html'. Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C WINDOWS dl exe C WINDOWS dlm exe C WINDOWS sxchost exe C PROGRA AIMANT Draw eggs exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME CRAZY LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion cannot find 'file:///c:/windows/dlm.html'. Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run Dial C WINDOWS dl exe O - HKLM Run Dial C WINDOWS dlm exe O - HKLM Run Upgrade Service C WINDOWS sxchost exe O - HKLM Run audio C PROGRA AIMANT Draw eggs exe O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward amp Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cac amp hed Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Si amp milar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger HKLM O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http www pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CAB O - DPF - - - - - ms-its mhtml file c nosuch mht http hard-virgins com dl ms x chm load exe O - DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - Shockwave ActiveX Control - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs director sw cab O - DPF B CD - E - D - - A C Yahoo Audio Conferencing - http us chat yimg com us yimg com i chat applet v yacscom cab O - DPF - E - E-A AB- D C ADFDE - http a g akamai net pple com mickey us win QuickTimeInstaller exe O - DPF FD- - C E-A D - AC ECD FileSharingCtrl Class - http appdirectory messenger msn com AppDirectory P Apps FileSharing en ... Read more

A:cannot find 'file:///c:/windows/dlm.html'.

Hi shane04

Welcome to TSG!

Run Hijack This again and put a check by these. Close all windows except HijackThis and click "Fix checked"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dial32] C:\WINDOWS\dl.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dial33] C:\WINDOWS\dlm.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Upgrade Service] C:\WINDOWS\sxchost.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [32 audio] C:\PROGRA~1\AIMANT~1\Draw eggs.exe

O16 - DPF: {11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111157} - ms-its:mhtml:file://c:\nosuch.mht!http://hard-virgins.com/dl/ms/x.chm::/load.exe

Restart to safe mode.

How to start your computer in safe mode

First in safe mode click on My Computer. Go to Tools > Folder Options. Click on the View tab and make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked. Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" and "Hide extensions for known file types" . Now click "Apply to all folders"
Click "Apply" then "OK"

Now find and delete:

The C:\WINDOWS\dl.exe file
The C:\WINDOWS\dlm.exe file
The C:\WINDOWS\sxchost.exe file
The C:\Program Files\AIMANT~1 folder (See below)

I have no way of knowing the exact name of that last folder, but the first six letters of the folder name will be AIMANT.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-find-file-c-windows-dlm-html.217516/
Relevancy 48.16%

My system Dell XPS GHz Pentium D GB DDR SDRAM Windows XP Prof Media Center MB Nvidia file it cannot desktop on find Windows says GeForce Graphics Windows says it cannot find file on desktop Card Serial ATA RAID With Dual GB Hard Drives Dell quot Flat Screen FPW amp dual monitor Sony Trinitron ES x CD-RW x DVD -RW LG DVD CD burner external iOGear Tri-select Ion GB hard drive - external Sound Blaster Audigy ZS PCIw Dolby Digital EX IEEE channel THX cert Every time Windows says it cannot find file on desktop I click on a graphics file on my desktop I get an error message as follows quot Windows cannot find C Documents and Settings Bill Cline Desktop Boats lt eg gt a jpg Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again To search for a file click the Start button and then click Search quot The files and folders on my desktop are definitely there but Windows apparently doesn t know it Yes I have tried a search from the Windows says it cannot find file on desktop Start menu The search always finds the file If I click on a folder which contains graphics files the folder opens just fine but when I click on any graphics file within that folder I get the above error message I use Paint Shop Pro for all my graphics work and even after uninstalling then re-installing PSP the error continues Has anyone a clue as to what is going on Thank you Bill Cline nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-says-it-cannot-find-file-on-desktop.762158/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I have a question about windows 2000 professional hibernation. when ever i do a hibernate i heard it stores all the data from the ram to the hard drive, and i would like to know if windows automatically deletes the data on the next reboot or if it stores it in a folder on the hard drive. If it stores it on the hard drive I would like to know where the folder is and if i could delete it to gain hard drive space, thanks alot!!

A:Windows Hibernation file data question

The data is stored on your hard drive; when awakened from hibernation, the data is returned to its original position..
it is not kept in storage...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-hibernation-file-data-question.149184/
Relevancy 48.16%

This isn't the device I need help with. It is my Inspiron '06 which got shut down improperly due to a breaker. I was trying to reboot but don't have my Windows co startup CD and so went to F8. If anyone knows what I should choose from this screen which is presently on the Inspiron laptop, that would be awesome. I'm extremely green at this stuff.:
I have "safe mode networking" OR "command prompt.
I have enable boot logging, last known config (couldn't make that work), debugging mode or just a plain reboot which I already tried without effect.
Oh I'm sorry, the title of thus screen the laptop is currently on is called WINDOWS ADVANCED OPTIONS MENU. Thanks.

A:windows XP reboot to find/repair windows 23 config file

I'm sorry, the Dell laptop started with a screen saying that Windows cannot start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEMic\CONFIG\SYSTEM.I'm just frazzled at this point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-reboot-to-find-repair-windows-23-config-file.1097498/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I have a computer Windows XP Home SP that had quite a bit of spyware on it I cleaned it up using Ad Aware Spybot Internet Find Explorer: ///C:Windows/privacy_danger file Cannot Windows and Super AntiSpyware free edition and Trojan Hunter a few different times but I cannot get rid of the error that keeps popping up I also completed the steps before posting I looked at some other posts but since that was log specific I didn't know if I Windows Internet Explorer: Cannot Find file ///C:Windows/privacy_danger should try to same thing Here is the error and below that is the requested Log I've also attached the extra txt file I'd appreciate any assistance when you get time Thanks quot Windows Internet Explorer: Cannot Find file ///C:Windows/privacy_danger Windows Internet Explorer Cannot find file C Windows privacy danger index htm quot Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Rich on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis run as Rich exe ------------------------------------------------ Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files palmOne Hotsync exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Documents and Settings Rich Desktop dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Rich exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink Lin... Read more

A:Windows Internet Explorer: Cannot Find file ///C:Windows/privacy_danger

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Apologies for the long delay in response. We have a large number of HijackThis logs to handle and it's taking us longer to catch up. If you haven't received help elsewhere already and still require assistance, please post a fresh HijackThis log and I'll be happy to help you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-internet-explorer-cannot-find-file-c-windows-privacy_danger-247786.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello and this is my First Post Can you help me with an is File local hard Open file drive Warning when Security different on annoying dialog that pops up when running Open File Security Warning when file is on different local hard drive shortcuts please I have portable applications located on E I can run those applications directly from E without a problem - i e I don't get any warnings However if I create a shortcut to one of these applications and place the shortcut on the desktop on C then running the shortcut causes an open file security warning see attachment The warning dialog claims it can't determine who created the file because it comes from quot a location outside your local network quot Which is really strange because it is a locally installed hard drive The only explanation I have is I've used E with a previous windows installation on the same hardware then I reformatted amp reinstalled my Windows partition but kept E untouched Couple of things I've tried are there is no quot Unblock quot button on the shortcut's properties dialog Group policy editor changed to not preserve zone information I couldn't find an exact match for this particular open file security warning when searching here and other forums

A:Open File Security Warning when file is on different local hard drive

Similar warning under Win 8, for *.lnk (shortcuts), even though they are under Favorites.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/290280-open-file-security-warning-when-file-different-local-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm trying to figure out how to add windows messaging to my Win2000 workstation??? I have a new program that won't communicate with my email program (Pegasus) and I've tried installing a program adding mapi to my email program but I'm still running into problems??? I need to set up a profile and I use to do that by the mail icon in the control panel, but it's gone??!! HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-messaging.46392/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have done everything that I can think of to make a fax go out of my Windows Messaging. I have let it create the fax, I have created a fax through MS Word, I tried the Fax Wizard and any other way that I found in the help files. I get the fax created, but it will NOT send. Can anyone tell me what could be wrong? Thanks.

Relevancy 48.16%

Word for Windows would not load unless I included Windows Messaging. Frankly it is a pain in the neck as it usurps my regular browser. How do I get rid of the blasted thing?

A:Windows Messaging

I saw a segment on Tech TV last night about Windows Messenger....here is the link to the show notes

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/answerstips/story/0,24330,3374542,00.html

Hope this helps

Chris

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-messaging.99835/
Relevancy 48.16%

My windows 8 messaging is linked to Facebook and it looked like windows or msn messenger, and I an getting some unwanted chats from some strange people, as soon as I turn on the pc, I cannot find an option to disable this chat or better still block the person.
can anyone tell me if there is a way to block, I don't want to uninstall the app, thanks fro any suggestions

A:Windows 8 Messaging

If you've linked your accounts, it's linked. You can always unlink your FB account and not use your live account, but if you want messaging but no messages, currently you don't really have many options. You can stop it from running in the background by changing permissions from the settings charm, but that won't stop people from being able to contact you when it's open.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/9311-windows-8-messaging.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey Everbody,

Sometimes I will be in a game or doing nothing and a windows messaging program box pops up with a advertisement in it. I traced the program down and found out its called CSRSS.EXE. I tried to end the process but it says its a vital windows process, then I traced its tree down and found it was related to CSRSRV.DLL. If I stop the program from running will it damage my windows 2k? and if not do you think I can hex edit the exe and the dll to make it stop functioning?

ps. hopefully posted this in the right section, because its an internet orientated application.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated,
Tech

A:Windows messaging

TechHax0r420
Welcome to TSG!
I am moving this to the security forum because there is a good chance of an infection and there you will get the attention of the virus doctors.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.dalbug.worm.html
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99590.htm

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-messaging.114043/
Relevancy 48.16%

How do you use Windows Messaging?

A:Windows Messaging

Are you on a network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-messaging.36692/
Relevancy 48.16%

When I double click on the Windows Messaging icon, the splash screen will appear and then disappear. The program does not want to run. Also when right clicking the icon to obtain the properties, windows returns an error saying that there is not enough memory to do this. The machine has 32mb of ram and has Windows 95 installed along with Novell Client 32

A:windows messaging

What are you using Windows Messaging for?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-messaging.36281/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello so I have this situation regarding my windows machine and how it connects to my Windows Server machine using sharing Local for bandwidth transfer. file Internet file I have my Windows server machine directly connected to the internet on one ethernet port and the other is on a private network nbsp My windows Machine is also on this private network and whenever I attempt to take files from my Windows server machine using its Local ip address it begins a connection from the Windows Local file sharing using Internet bandwidth for file transfer. Server machines WAN IP to the local even though the established connection happened via file sharing by direct network ip address This connection uses up all Local file sharing using Internet bandwidth for file transfer. the throughput from my router causing every machine on the network to experience lag online I also have Windows machines Local file sharing using Internet bandwidth for file transfer. and this issue does not occur when taking files from the server machine as it does it through LAN I don't understand how the Windows machine can even know my Server machines IP address or why its deciding to do these file transfers over the internet rather then LAN nbsp Here's an example since its a very difficult issue to explain I have a Private network this network reaches the internet from WAN nbsp In this network I have machines Windows and Windows server I have a Windows Server Machine which reaches the internet directly from WAN This machine has another nic located on the private network as stated above When I use explorer on the windows and use netstat -s it shows a connection - gt on port When I take a file and copy it to my desktop and use Netstat -s it shows connections - gt on port and - gt on Port This connection does not happen in Windows Hopefully this makes it clearer Thanks Martin

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6c145c6a-5181-477d-a1f5-c751162d6413/local-file-sharing-using-internet-bandwidth-for-file-transfer?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everyone,

I have a bat file that is launched when a torrent finishes downloading on my laptop which launched robocopy to copy it to my server computer.

I want to have the server run a few programs to extract the file and move it to the correct directory structure.

I want to launch a bat file on the server from the first bat file using the call command, however I am not sure if this command will cause my server to execute the bat or my laptop to execute the bat.

Is there a way to get my server to run the bat from the bat that is run on my laptop?

I think that if I use the call command that it will run the called bat on my laptop even though the bat is located on my server.

Thanks in advance
-S

A:Starting a bat file on networked computer from local bat file question

Your exactly correct that the batch file will run on your laptop. The only way to run from the server is to use Remote desktop RDP from your machine to the server which will allow you to run the program in the server's memory.
Or, you could have a planned event (Task Manager) on your server which would check to see if the file exists at some point in time and then run the batch program in the servers memory space.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/259838-starting-bat-file-networked-computer-local-bat-file-question.html