Windows Support Forum

Computer's properties window disapears

Q: Computer's properties window disapears

Hi, I speak french, so my english isn't perfect, if I wrote something you didn't understand, just tell me and I'll try to better explain.

I have a good computer knowledge, but the problem I have is very, very weird.
I was trying to do a test for the "indice de performance windows" (sorry I don't know the name in english, my windows 7 is french), but every time i right click properties on the "computer" window, they both disapear...
It's hard to explain, so I record it on my phone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okY-ad_xIS4

Please, help me!
thanks and happy new year

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer's properties window disapears

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer's properties window disapears

See if OPTION TWO in this tutorial helps: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Follow OPTION THREE and attach sfcdetails.txt in a new post in this thread.
(Use the paper clip icon just above the posting window to attach the file)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316831-computers-properties-window-disapears.html
Relevancy 65.79%

ever since the last xp update

when i minimize a window it goes away at times
only way i see to bring it back is to use the task manager and select maximize

its not the thing were several windows become one tab.

anyone gone into this?

A:when i minimize a window it disapears, i can bring it back with task manager but

not just a browser window but also random folders

they disapear from the task bar, i have mine set on hide unless i move cursor down
nothing appears at times or only 1 goes missing

its not that thing were several of the same type are stacked either

am i only one ????

i thought it was just a glitch with the last xp patch before support dropped
thats when it started happening to me

its not a real problem but i was just wondering if a fix was available for it

no rush 8)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585729/when-i-minimize-a-window-it-disapears-i-can-bring-it-back-with-task-manager-but/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the access window Cannot in properties" area connection properties "local window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv'e also tried it using the administrator account But it didn't help What is causing this problem and how Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window I fix it Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window-187331.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and access window area "local properties" in properties Cannot connection quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv e also tried it jusing the administrator account But it didn t help What is causing this problem and how I fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window.636065/
Relevancy 53.32%

Anyone know of a list of useful properties window extensions?

I have added a mediainfo tab and a file hashing tab and I quite like the idea of having useful apps right there.

A:Properties window tabs

Put to many and it can slow things down...
Moderation everything in moderation you'll live longer and healthier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/195825-properties-window-tabs.html
Relevancy 53.32%

res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/dnserror.htm#http://leader.linkexchange.com/1029798962505/X919500/showiframe?

what does this mean

A:properties window question

kknowles
Please create one thread per problem to avoid confusion.
Closing thread duplicate.
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=91983

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/properties-window-question.91982/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, I have a problem .. again

I was following these steps until i need help on STEP 7 on this link:

http://portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm

Well first, i went to Start>Control Panel>Network Connections and when I right-clicked on my Internet connection and i chose Properties, the Properties window showed up ..

but the Properties window disappeared.....
how can i fix this problem?

A:Why does my Properties window shuts off?

anyone!?

*sorry if double-posting isnt allowed here.....*

if responded, ill delete this post*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-does-my-properties-window-shuts-off.568713/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,
I have been infested with ise32 Property window which keep appearing on window start up. I have scan my computer with Norton 360 and Window defender but to no avail. I am currently using window vista home. Please advice me what to do. I would appreciate your help to solve them problem.
I am looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Best reguards,

Leo

A:Keep Getting Ise32 Properties Window On Startup

It's not unusual to receive such an error after using tools to remove malware infection.A "Cannot find...", "Could not run...", "Error loading... or "specific module could not be found" message is usually related to malware that was set to run at startup but has been deleted. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the file was mostly likely removed during an anti-virus or anti-malware scan. However, an associated orphaned registry entry remains and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up. Since the file no longer exists, Windows will display an error message. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops searching for the file when it loads. To resolve this, download Autoruns, search for the related entry and then delete it.Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click here if you're not sure how to do this.)Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.Right-click on the entry and choose delete.Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.IMPORTANT NOTE: ise32.exe is related to the family of worms and IRC backdoor Trojans. Backdoor Trojans, IRCBots and Infostealers are very dangerous because they provide a means of accessing a computer system that bypasses security mechanisms and steal sensitive information like passwords, personal and financial data which they send back to the hacker. Remote attackers use backdoor Trojans as part of an exploit to gain unauthorized access to a computer and take control of it without your knowledge. Read Danger: Remote Access Trojans.If your computer was used for online banking, has credit card information or other sensitive data on it, all passwords should be changed immediately to include those used for banking, email, eBay, paypal and online forums. You should consider them to be compromised. They should be changed by using a different computer and not the infected one. If not, an attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information. Banking and credit card institutions should be notified of the possible security breach. Because your computer was compromised please read How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud? Although the backdoor Trojan was identified and removed, your PC has likely been compromised and there is no way to be sure the computer can ever be trusted again. It is dangerous and incorrect to assume that because the backdoor Trojan has been removed the computer is now secure. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of malware, the best course of action is to wipe the drive clean, reformat and reinstall the OS. Please read "When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?" and "Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do?".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154534/keep-getting-ise32-properties-window-on-startup/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I have been infested with ise Property Getting Keep Window On Ise32 Properties Startup window which keep appearing on window start Keep Getting Ise32 Properties Window On Startup up I have scan my computer with Norton and Window defender but to Keep Getting Ise32 Properties Window On Startup no avail I would appreciate your help to solve them problem Below is the Logfile I look forward to your reply Thank you Best reguards LeoComboFix - - - xiaoleo - - - NTFSx Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT Running from C Users xiaoleo Desktop ComboFix exe Created a new restore point Files Created from - - to - - - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Windows System Adobe - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Garena - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Users xiaoleo AppData Roaming Hamachi Keep Getting Ise32 Properties Window On Startup - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Hamachi - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers hamachi sys - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Users xiaoleo AppData Roaming Fujitsu - - - - --a------ C Windows System mcmde dll - - - - --a------ C Windows System EncDec dll - - - - --a------ C Windows System psisdecd dll - - - - --a------ C Windows System psisrndr ax - - - - --a------ C Windows System MSNP ax - - - - --a------ C Windows System Mpeg Data ax - - - - --a------ C Windows System MSDvbNP ax - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers SymIMV sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers SymRedir cat - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers SymRedir inf - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symtdi sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symfw sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symndisv sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symids sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symredrv sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symdns sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System GameUXLegacyGDFs dll - - - - --a------ C Windows System gameux dll Find M Report - - --------- d-----w C Users xiaoleo AppData Roaming Skype - - --------- d-----w C Users xiaoleo AppData Roaming skypePM - - --------- d--h--w C Program Files InstallShield Installation Information - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Windows Mail - - ----a-w C Windows system drivers SYMEVENT INF - - ----a-w C Windows system drivers SYMEVENT SYS - - ----a-w C Windows system drivers SYMEVENT CAT - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Symantec - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Norton - - --------- d-----w C PROGRA Microsoft Help - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Counter-Strike - - --------- d-----w C Program Files jGRASP - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Microsoft Office Communicator - - --------- d-----w C Program Files MSBuild - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Microsoft Visual Studio - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Motive - - --------- d-----w C Users xiaoleo AppData Roaming Motive - - --------- d-----w C PROGRA Motive - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Microsoft Silverlight - - ----a-w C Windows System wshrm dll - - ----a-w C Windows system drivers rmcast sys - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Apple Software Update - - ----a-w C Windows System quartz dll - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Adobe - - --------- d-----w C Program Files iTunes - - --------- d-----w C Program Files iPod - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Bonjour - - --------- d-----w C Program Files QuickTime - - --------- d-----w C PROGRA Apple Computer - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Apple - - --------- d-----w C PROGRA Apple - - ----a-w C Windows System wininet dll - - ----a-w C Windows System iesetup dll - - ----a-w C Windows AppPatch iebrshim dll - - ----a-w C Windows System ieUnatt exe - - ----a-w C Users All Users ezsid dat - - ----a-w C PROGRA ezsid dat - - --sha-w C Program Files desktop ini Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Browser He... Read more

A:Keep Getting Ise32 Properties Window On Startup

ComboFix logs should not to be posted outside the HijackThis forums. It is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.Please create a new topic in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum, explaining the nature of your problem. Describe pop-ups and system tray or desktop icons that have appeared. Explain what is "going wrong" with your computer. Note any tools you have used and their respective results.If needed, we will direct you to our HJT Preparation Guide.Thank you for using BleepingComputer as your malware removal source.This topic is now closed. The BC Staff

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154417/keep-getting-ise32-properties-window-on-startup/
Relevancy 52.89%

Since I am new to the forum I'm not sure where my problem should be posted I am also not sure if it is a hardware or software related problem but here it is Suddenly when I try to appear window properties does Print dialog not print the print properties dialog window does not appear when i click on the Print properties dialog window does not appear properties button Print properties dialog window does not appear It tries to activate but immediately reverts back to the print window This occurs in both OpenOffice and LibreOffice both of which have previously worked fine for months I often print to both sides of the page echo print but can only print on one side default since I cannot change the properties The only thing I can recall that might have any bearing on the problem is that I had previously printed to a file - something I rarely do I checked the settings and quot print to file quot is not selected I am printing to a HP LaserJet Pro M MFP series PCL printer and am using Windows operating system I have tried reinstalling both word processing programs and have reset the printer to default settings and updated If anyone can help with this problem I would greatly appreciate your help

A:Print properties dialog window does not appear

Printers can be very frustrating to say the least. When I've had printer problems in the past, this is what has worked for me:

1. Unplug the power to the printer
2. Wait about 30 seconds or so
3. Plug it in and let it go through it's initialization
4. Then try it again

If that doesn't work, try reloading the printer driver from the HP site. If it still doesn't work, try a system restore back to the last time the printer was working successfully. That's about all the tricks I know for printers. Hope it helps ...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/print-properties-dialog-window-does-not-appear-972561.html
Relevancy 52.89%

everytime windows loads, the windows 32 properties window come up. how do i stop this?

A:windows32 properties window on startup

1. Open Regedit
2. Browse to HKLM or HKCU then Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
3. Remove any entries that refer to Windows 32 or System32 or whatever.
4. Close Regedit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows32-properties-window-on-startup.810820/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey I ve just rebuilt my XP can't logging in out: properties change window! computer and reinstalled XP logging out: can't change in properties window! XP it s gone back to the default of logging me out after minutes of inactivity and I want to change that so it doesn t log me out at all However the properties window the one you reach by right clicking XP logging out: can't change in properties window! on the desktop XP logging out: can't change in properties window! is different to how it should be- when I first installed XP it was the normal window with the tabs for themes desktop screensaver appearance and settings However for some reason recently all it s doing is show the tabs for themes appearance and settings so I can t reach the power settings that should be under the screensaver tab I ve tried accessing power settings via the control panel but I can t seem to find anything to turn it off or change it- any help on this one And any help on getting my display properties window back to how it should be showing all the tabs Thanks nbsp

A:XP logging out: can't change in properties window!

copy this code into a notepad, save as restoretabs.reg

doubleclick restoretabs.reg and confirm import to registry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-logging-out-cant-change-in-properties-window.747838/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello. I have noticed a strange fact regarding my windows 7 32 bit operating system. When I delete some files in a folder, then go to properties, when i look at "Contains", it still shows the number of files i had before deletion, not the current number of files in that folder. Is there a way to repair this? Thanks in advance! (rebooted my pc, but with no success, if it is to mention)
BTW: Happy holidays

A:Strange occurence in properties window

Did you empty the Recycle Bin?

I don't see a "Contains" choice in any folder property menu. Can you tell me how you get to it, as following the directions you gave does not show it for me.

Maybe post a screen shot of it? Make sure the window you want to capture has the focus.
Press Alt+Print Screen. That will capture the active window.
Print Screen will capture the entire screen, including properties dialogs.
Start MSPaint - Start then Run, type mspaint and press Enter.
Press Ctrl+v to paste the picture in to MS Paint.
Click File then Save as and save it to your Desktop.

Start a new reply.
Click on the Browse button below the message input area.
Navigate to where you saved the picture, select it and click on Open.
Click on Attach This File.
Once uploaded, click on Add To Post to the far right of the uploaded file.
Scroll down and click Preview Post to verify the image shows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204379-strange-occurence-properties-window.html
Relevancy 52.89%

When I insert a CD in either of my two drives the window that jumps up giving me the options of what program to use (CD Properties ) is maximized and takes up the whole screen. This just started happening. If I double click on the top blue titlebarlbar it goes back to it's smaller (normal) size. I tried holding down the ctrl. key and closing the window but the next time the computer boots it does the same thing. It is not possible to drag this type of window in any way. The only option for this type of window in the upper right corner is an X to close it. It may need a registry edit but I don't know how. To access a similar type window open "my computer, right click on any drive, the window that opens is the same type. Any help would be appreciated.
Alan

A:CD Properties Window wrong size

Minimize it again and this time hold down shift and close it off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-properties-window-wrong-size.307051/
Relevancy 52.89%

Mod edit Moved to Malware Logs forum boopme All my desk top files open in a rt click window only properties and its very new I in open files window properties ran anti malware nothing found ran combo fix here are the results ComboFix - - files open in properties window - becky - x Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Running from E ComboFix exeAV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated E - ED- F -A - BCB F SP Microsoft Security Essentials files open in properties window Enabled Updated DF E - D - BB- B - D E files open in properties window BFDE SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Other Deletions c users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgcebc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb background htmlc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb crossriderManifest jsonc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData manifest xmlc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins jsonc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins base jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins dealply m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins intext m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins jollywallet m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins corticas m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins icm m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins coupons intext ads m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins similar web m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins luck m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins intext adv m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins superfish no search no coupons m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins arcadi m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins revizer ws m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins revizer p m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins superfish pricora m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins CrossriderAppUtils jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins arcadi m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins getdeal m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins CrossriderUtils jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensio... Read more

A:files open in properties window

should hav done it befor I used  adaware and it found the culprit  now I am up and running again Gosh I love this site.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522550/files-open-in-properties-window/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless network. In Windows 7 you used to be able to get to it for existing wireless networks that I had previously connected to. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it? Many thanks

A:Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Settings app > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage known networks. Select a network, click Properties

Wireless Network Profiles - See in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70127-where-wireless-network-properties-window-w7.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am running WinXP, SP2. I have a Fellows Internet Touchpad installed. When I go to the Control Panel and select the Mouse, the standard Microsoft Mouse window opens instead of the Cirque Touchpad window. The mouse is identified correctly as a Cirque Ps2 Touchpad and the driver is correctly specified. The special functions of the touchpad are all working ok, however without being able to open up the correct properties window, I cannot make any changes. It used to work properly. I have tried uninstalling the touchpad driver and reinstalling the touchpad driver. That does not fix it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53989/touchpad-gets-wrong-properties-window/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a large number of files which I am changing the naming convention for in the Title detail and am getting frustrated having to right click for properties and anvigate tabs ebfore being able to change each one. I can see the Title of the files in the Details view of the folder they are in, but there cannot find a way to edit them in that view other than the manner previosuly stated.

That being said, does anyone know of a workaround that would allow me to change each title without aving to jump through hoops to edit them?

Thanks in advance.

-Clockwork

A:Wish to edit detail properties of files in window

Welcome to the Forums Clockwork,

So if I get it correctly you want to rename multiple files at once?
If so, go to the folder they are located in, click anywhere in the folder, hit crtl and a at the same time to select all the files and then hit F2

After that you'll see that the name banner of the first file in the folder turned empty. You can now type the name you want it to have in, and hit enter. It will change all the files to that name, followed up by a number.
Hope that that helps!
Nommy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291142-wish-edit-detail-properties-files-window.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Everytime i turn on my computer Sys32 properties appears on the screen of my window, please help me solve the problem
below is the detailed discription of the problem

Sys 32 Properties

Type: Application

Origin: c-1-3-64-8794238531-8742492-9897532

Size: 0 bytes

Thank you again
so02

A:Window Sys32 Properties Appears On Opening

Have you checked to see if you are infected? Sometimes an infection will corrupt your onboard protection - so I suggest that you try these free, online scans: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/usas...?showentry=1252Also, could you please post a screen shot of what appears on your desktop? Here's a link on how to do that: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-take-and-share-a-screen-shot-in-windows/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199886/window-sys32-properties-appears-on-opening/
Relevancy 52.46%

HelloI have been infested with Sys32 properties window which keep appearing on window start up. I have tried by Norton anti virus also but it never works. I would appeciate if you help me to solve this problem. Below is the window which appears:Sys 32 PropertiesType: ApplicationOrigin: S-1-5-21-1482476501-1644491937-682003330-1013Size: 0 bytesThanks and best regardsRajEdit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Window Sys32 Properties Appears On Opening

The System32 folder opens at startup because of a corrupt system registry value. The value could have been corrupted for a number of reasons to include malware or installing/uninstalling a program from the Internet which did not install/uninstall itself properly.Click on the link below:http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htmScroll down to #260 and click "System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot" in the right column. You will be prompted to download xp_systems32opens.vbs. Save the file to your desktop and double-click on it to run the script. Since the script modifies certain registry settings you may receive an alert from your anti-virus or any script blocking program. Ignore the warning and allow it to continue.The problem could also be caused by empty run entries in your startup shortcuts which will open the system32 folder. Check the startup run registry entries and remove those entries. See System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows.These steps involves making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes. If you are not familiar with working in the registry, then you should NOT attempt to make any changes on your own. Improper changes to the registry could adversely affect your computer and render it inoperable. ERUNT is an excellent FREE tool that allows you to to take a snapshot (backup) of your registry before making changes and restore it when needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166169/window-sys32-properties-appears-on-opening/
Relevancy 52.46%

I've been fighting properties window since I installed window 10...
I use this function a lot. The problem is the properties window opens in the background.
So I have to minimize all the windows I have open to see the properties window.
The weird thing is the properties window is the only one that does that, When I open a new
window of anything it opens in the forground.
Is there a way to force the properties window open in the forground...Thanks...

A:How to force the properties window open in the foreground!

I fixed it.. If anyone is having this same issue... This is what I used to fix my problem... It's for Windows 7 but it applies to windows 10...
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...6-aa3364b4b1a7

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39679-how-force-properties-window-open-foreground.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I turned on sharing for the C drive and added an Everyone group in Security to allow access to my other computer on my network. When I go to close the Properties window I a message that says "You are about to change the permissions settings on the root directory of the startup disk which can result in unexpected access problems and reduce security. Do you want to continue?".

I answered yes and it went through all the folders and gave an access denied message on system folders. After if was done I got the same message mentioned when I tried to exit the Properties window. So I removed sharing and the Everyone group. But I'm still in the same situation. I keep going through the same loop and can not exit the Properties window.

A:Can't exit Properties window for C drive after sharing

Open task manager and end the process all "explorer.exe" and "rundll32.exe"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-exit-properties-window-for-c-drive-after-sharing.830109/
Relevancy 52.46%

Quite a bizarre one - every time I try to view the properties of any file or folder, I'm met with:

"Explorer.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x02e1415b" referenced at "0x000000000". The momory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program"

Has anyone even encountered this before? Searching the forums produced nothing.

Thank you very much for your time and effort - it's well appreciated.

A:Explorer Crashes on loading Properties Window

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyUK

Quite a bizarre one - every time I try to view the properties of any file or folder, I'm met with:

"Explorer.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x02e1415b" referenced at "0x000000000". The momory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program"

Has anyone even encountered this before? Searching the forums produced nothing.

Thank you very much for your time and effort - it's well appreciated.

Hi JohnnyUK have you seen this http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_hwpg.asp give it a shot. Also take a look at this http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_hwpg.asp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-crashes-on-loading-properties-window-42813.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I have two questions that are not critical to the operation of my system but has been driving me crazy in an effort to research them to no avail The only thing that I am pretty sure of is that properties window Folder dialog Extra Tabs on the it Extra Tabs on the Folder properties dialog window is a problem with the registry When I right click on a folder and then click properties the dialog window comes up with extra tabs This happens for every folder on my computer The extra tabs are the same tabs as the My Documents folder shortcut Target General and Sharing and the target window is C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents This results in Extra Tabs on the Folder properties dialog window every folder having an extra General and Sharing tab and a Target tab with the My Documents target in it Interestingly enough the virtual folder that is listed in explorer for My Documents has only tabs but the My Documents folder inside Documents and Settings Owner the actual folder itself has the extra tabs just like every other folder A possibly connected problem is that the Add Remove section of the Control Panel no longer has the install dates or useage level for most programs The dates are in the HKLM uninstall registry keys but they are not being read for some reason I have been installing and uninstalling a lot of programs mostly antivirus antispyware firewall and utility programs in an effort to clean up and speed up my computer and test a lot of different applications This effort has been dramatically successful however I am left with these two minor but annoying issues I did have an issue a couple of weeks ago with being unable to install microsoft updates which cost me many hours of research and effort with the help of Microsoft Support but I managed to fix it partly with their help but mostly with web research Ended up re-installing Office I think this is when the issue of the missing install dates started as the installed programs since this time are showing the install date Any ideas especially about the extra tabs Screenshot is attached Thank you Sybrandus

A:Extra Tabs on the Folder properties dialog window

What happens if you click on one of the superfluous tabs?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259636/extra-tabs-on-the-folder-properties-dialog-window/
Relevancy 51.6%

All my hard drives are tested as having no errors in "scan disk", but when attempting to make new folder and "renaming it", or when attempting to do a "properties" on any of my disks ... both cause the windows browser window to crash, and disappear.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438986-properties-selection-drive-crashes-browser-window.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys This evening I went after startup pops (deleted!?) window Properties' up 'Windows32 onto my Windows Vista laptop just to browse the internet when I noticed this message pop up straight after I had booted up I saw that it had been deleted and I have no idea why Now I 'Windows32 Properties' window pops up after startup (deleted!?) m not an expert at computers but I knew this wasn t good so I clicked restore and I never saw it again However I restarted and noticed it again but I didn t click restore this time and as I went to download a file it wouldn t download something along the lines of exe couldn t be downloaded please contact administrator I don t think it can be serious because as soon as I restore it everything s back to normal but it is really annoying that after every statup this pops up Please can you help me rectify this and allow me to have a stressless time whilst browing on my laptop Thanks in advance nbsp

A:'Windows32 Properties' window pops up after startup (deleted!?)

Windows32 might be malware related. You might want to post your thread in the Malware Removal section.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows32-properties-window-pops-up-after-startup-deleted.809699/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys I pops (deleted!?) startup 'Windows32 Properties' after window up posted this on the Software and Hardware forum but got told to try here This evening I went onto my Windows Vista laptop just to browse the internet when I noticed this message pop up straight after I had booted up I saw that it had been deleted and I have no idea why Now I m not an expert at computers but I knew this wasn t good so I clicked restore and I never saw it again However I restarted and noticed it again but I didn t click restore this time and as I went to download a file it wouldn t download something along the lines of exe couldn t be downloaded please contact administrator I don t think it can be serious because as soon as I restore it everything s back to normal but it is really annoying that after every statup this pops up Please can you help me rectify this and allow me to have a stressless time whilst browing on my laptop Thanks in advance EDIT Here is a Hijackthis log in case you need it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files 'Windows32 Properties' window pops up after startup (deleted!?) Dell DellDock DellDock exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows OEM Mon exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix 'Windows32 Properties' window pops up after startup (deleted!?) Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Dell 'Windows32 Properties' window pops up after startup (deleted!?) MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Geek Squad Online Backup GeekSquadOnlineBackup exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Users Conor Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERANTISPYWARE EXE C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Hamachi hamachi exe C Program Files Sports Interactive Football Manager fm exe C Users Conor Downloads HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google co uk ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel uk amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google co uk ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel uk amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows32-properties-window-pops-up-after-startup-deleted.809700/
Relevancy 51.17%

When i right click on My Computer icon and click Properties, System Properties window open for a second and immediately closes. I have the same problem even if i try to open System Properties from Control Panel. How do i solve this problem without doing system restore. Keyboard volume keys also not working

A:Windows 8 Enterprise system properties window closes immed

Hi

Windows 8 enterprise edition is only available in large quantities and it is targeted to companies. Is your copy is legal ?. Have you used any activators which floating on internet ?. The symptoms you described are common with pirated copies.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/34809-windows-8-enterprise-system-properties-window-closes-immed.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I ve used Calendar Creator Deluxe for a couple of years without problems but all of a sudden it crashes when I try to access the Properties window This happens using both right click and the menu The Properties window displays incompletely and then the dialog box pops up that says quot Calendar Creator has encountered a problem and needs to close quot I thought the calendar file - Windows? Window Problems Solved: or Properties Creator Calendar was corrupt so I created a new calendar Same problem I did a repair install Same problem I Solved: Properties Window Problems - Calendar Creator or Windows? uninstalled ran my reg cleaner Advanced System Optimizer and reinstalled It still crashes when the Properties window comes up In light of that history I suspect that the culprit may be Windows even though it only affects CC I ran ShellEx View and could not see any handlers that came specifically from Broderbund or anything that is specifically for the bcc file extension Any ideas on what could be causing this problem would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Properties Window Problems - Calendar Creator or Windows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-properties-window-problems-calendar-creator-or-windows.579683/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I'm not really new to this vista System window desktop Personalize and disabled!! Properties, on control panel experience and all i have no serious problems encountered before aside from a few lags in the system when it starts or opens an application but just recently well yesterday I tried opening my system properties to run my OS in very minimal visual effects since it was running a little slow again I was not able to open the thing after right clicking the properties window in Computer also i have tried going to control panel but the only thing i can see after i click on the control panel button is a window with an empty space named windows explorer and it suddenly closed after like a second or so also i tried also opening my quot personalize quot on the desktop and it has the same response as with my control panel what probably is the problem with my computer i System Properties, Personalize window on desktop and control panel disabled!! read that it could be a malware but my anti-virus could not detect anything at all

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-properties-personalize-window-on-desktop-and-control-panel-disabled-339491.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone!

I tried to ignore this problem, but it has become increasingly frustrating when I have to work with files in Windows Explorer.

The problem is, when I right-click on a file and choose Properties, it takes 5-8 seconds to open the File Properties Window. Strangely, when I do the same with folders (Folder Properties) the window opens almost instantaneously as it should. I have tried to fiddle around with ShellExView but to no avail - after all, I assume that program is just for controlling context menu entries. I searched and googled but I couldn't find any similar problems, the closest I got was that software.

Do you know what's the problem? Thanks in advance! 

A:Windows Explorer takes 5-8 seconds to open a File Properties window!

You can keep disabling more non-microsoft extensions in shellexview and see if any of them are causing it (do a system backup first)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588418/windows-explorer-takes-5-8-seconds-to-open-a-file-properties-window/
Relevancy 50.74%

HP Pavilion dv Home Premium Bought January not sure if I have Vista update can't access System Properties to find out My issues started last night I noticed that my Sidebar was showing but nothing was in it I went to properties and there were no gadgets listed I tried downloading a new gadget but it wouldn't load I restored my computer to days ago Still had volume? window flashes access System Can't Properties, closed Shadow the same problem I also realized today that I have no access to Admin functions I can't right click my Computer icon and access system Can't access System Properties, window flashes closed Shadow volume? properties I can't get the update Windows icon to check or update my windows I can't access quot User Groups quot from the control panel Also I have been getting two error messages consistently The Volume Shadow Copy service used by System Restore is not working For more information view the event log x Please close System Restore and try again AND MMC cannot open file c Windows System CompMgmt msc I did go to the run window and ran the following net user Can't access System Properties, window flashes closed Shadow volume? administrator active yes I restarted and the Admin account loaded HOWEVER when I went to see the sidebar again it was empty and I had no access to system functions I am at a complete loss Can't access System Properties, window flashes closed Shadow volume? as to what to do I noticed that the computer has some of the symptoms of the Conficker virus but I have a good protector and I scanned my system and it said it was virus free That is at least enough information to get started Thank you in advance for any help you can offer short of reinstalling Vista I am out of ideas -Kat

A:Can't access System Properties, window flashes closed Shadow volume?

I solved this by downloading the second Vista patch and reinstalling it.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/231574-cant-access-system-properties-window-flashes-closed-shadow-volume.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a seagate hdd that is recognized by the system on boot up but when it comes out of hibernation the hdd isn't recognized. I'm running win7 home prem. 64bit

A:Hdd disapears

Where do you not see it - in Computer and/or Disk Management ??

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/128451-hdd-disapears.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi sometimes i am just Taskbar on its own Disapears sometimes doing usual things like browsing the internet and my Taskbar seems to disapear on its own ALl the icons on the right hadn side and the Start button also go aswell as my desktop icons All i am left with is mY open windows Taskbar Disapears on its own sometimes and Prgrams which were running This results in me restarting the PC which is quite frustating I have no idea what the problem is as i have scanned my pc for viruses and spyware using Panda virus scanner which is in my Panda Internet Security Firewall and i have used Spybot Serach and Destroy which finds nothing but sayin that i hav used spysweeper and it seems to find something called CWS NS which is a type of adware I was Taskbar Disapears on its own sometimes jsut wondering if anyone has the same problems with the taskbar and if there are any fixes Taskbar Disapears on its own sometimes for this as it is very annoying Thanx Forgot to mention it also happens when a program is not responding Then a box sayin that that program has encountered an error would u like to send report pops up then the desktop icons and task bar will dissapear

A:Taskbar Disapears on its own sometimes

Some programs canl make your taskbar disapear. Usualy, pressing the windows (start) key on the keyboard gets it back up.
If that doesn't work, you've definately got a problem. Have you tried running AdAware and seeing what it finds?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/taskbar-disapears-on-its-own-sometimes-27350.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i cant download anything because my download box disapears after it is done

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-disapears.885229/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi EveryoneI almost always simply reformat my pc but decided I had it I've done that about or times the past years on my current setup but am humbling asking for anyones advice I used AVG Ad Aware SpyBot McAfee Stinger CCleaner and lastly HiJackThis My Explorer just cuts out from time to time Blank Desktop Cmd exe popped up though it might be seemingly harmless and Pop Ups come up in a new tabbed "disapears" Desktop window within Firefox sometimes and during application startup To anyone who has an answer here is what came up Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Desktop "disapears" v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Stardock Object Desktop WindowBlinds wbload exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exeC WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exec TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system Pen Tablet exeC Program Files CursorXP CursorXP exeC WINDOWS system WTablet Pen TabletUser exeC WINDOWS system Pen Tablet exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files PeerGuardian pg exeC Program Files Soulseek slsk exeC Program Files Opera Opera exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files VideoLAN VLC vlc exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www toshiba com searchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstartR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www toshibadirect com dpdstartO - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - HKLM Run BootSkin Startup Jobs quot C PROGRA Stardock WINCUS BootSkin BootSkin exe quot StartupJobsO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run b bda rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system tjqwtshi dll quot bO - HKLM Run BMb e f Rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system pboquaxl dll quot sO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKCU Run CursorXP C Program Files CursorXP CursorXP exeO - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'Default user' O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS system Shdocvw dllO - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msm... Read more

A:Desktop "disapears"

Hi, Welcome to Bleeping Computer Forums!My name is Renato Mejias, and I will help you to solve your problems .You might want to save this page on your favorites, so you can find it again when you return.Please take note of the following:I will be handling your log and helping you, please do not make any system changes yet.The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean. Be patience.The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machineIf there's anything that you don't understand, please ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136491/desktop-disapears/
Relevancy 46.44%

I m following a set of lessons for VB reached to tutorial number - out of the link of video is down http bit ly VxDFS Abstract I played For the sake of exploring amp learning with the quot Properties Window quot consequently I tried clicking quot Hide quot and it happened actually the windows got hided However I tried to get the window back I succeeded Back Solved: Right-Handed VB Window" 2010 in Platform the "Properties Returning but The problem The MAIN PROBLEM is that it s no longer back in the right-handed side Exactly like where the quot Properties Window quot is in the video mentioned above So can you tell us where it exactly open Yes Can you guys see the opened tabs above in the video gt Form vb - Form vb Design It opens as a Solved: Returning Back the "Properties Window" in 2010 VB Platform Right-Handed NEW TAB WITH THEM ABOVE Which complicates the whole process when I need to move around to do stuff Any hint to get the window right-side back Platform Microsoft VB Express Same platform as in the video nbsp

A:Solved: Returning Back the "Properties Window" in 2010 VB Platform Right-Handed

Why my post is inactive? You guys gotta solve it, it's super-easy, I just need a help-out!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-returning-back-the-properties-window-in-2010-vb-platform-right-handed.1105678/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am running XP on an IBM Thinkpad A M laptop I have done something that has changed my screen size to a x inch instead of the normal x inch that it should be Everything inside the screen is normal size and is positioned to fit onto the screen In playing around with settings I changed the DPI Properties" Solved: No window "Display in buttons from the normal to a DPI of and how I can t change it back Reason is I can t get to the buttons at the bottom of the quot Display Properties quot window the bottom of the window is cut off and I can t scroll down In the quot Settings quot tab I can just get to the tops of the quot Troubleshoot quot amp quot Advanced quot buttons but in the quot Advanced quot screen I can click on the quot dpi Solved: No buttons in "Display Properties" window quot option but can t save it because the quot OK quot button is off the bottom of the screen Also I am using a dual-boot with partitions in DOS and the other in Windows This screen size is the same in both Will appreciate any and all help nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

When I right-click on my desktop and click on quot Properties quot it takes approximately minutes for the quot Display Properties quot window to come up I have the same coming why? slow "Display Properties" in very up, window response time issue when I click on Settings- gt Control Panel- gt Display I ve done some analysis and discovered that when I perform this action only the following process is launched quot C WINNT system rundll exe quot shell dll Control RunDLL desk cpl However I am unable to determine why it is taking so long I downloaded and installed the new video drivers for my Dell Latitude C yesterday afternoon Since then I have rebooted my machine I am running Windows At the time I ran the test this morning I attempted to minimize the number of processes "Display Properties" window very slow in coming up, why? running on my machine Before I tried to display the quot Display Properties quot window the processes running on my system were processes before After I right-clicked on my desktop and clicked on Properties the processes running on my system were processes after What steps can I take to determine why it is taking over five minutes for the quot Display Properties quot window "Display Properties" window very slow in coming up, why? to appear Thank you nbsp

A:"Display Properties" window very slow in coming up, why?

Did this start after loading the new drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-window-very-slow-in-coming-up-why.235953/
Relevancy 46.01%

Window 10, MS Word 2010; when word is activated a small notice is placed on the top of the window. The notice is a small white box approximately 1? X ??, it has a blue W then a ? then a □ then an X. When the W or the ? is clicked the notice vanishes, when the box is clicked the Word document is displayed. When the document is displayed and the Restore down command (top right of the document screen) is clicked the document disappears. How do I fix this and return to normal?

A:MS Word document disapears

For the first problem, please post a screenshot: How to Post a Screenshot - Tech Support Forum
For the second, Restore Down is set by the user for each document which by default opens in "normal" size. If it's happening in all .docs, please reply as such.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/ms-word-document-disapears-1113017.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I've noticed very often lately that I'll be using firefox, and for whatever reason it will stop showing up on the taskbar. When this happens, I've noticed firefox takes up a lot more resources, it's slower, and if I minimize firefox when it's not showing up, the only way to get it back is to open the task manager to bring it up again. In the picture you can see that firefox IS open but you don't see it in the taskbar. It can be really frustrating when I'm doing other things with firefox open, since I can't minimize it without the hassle of opening the task manager to get it back, and everything gets slower. I'm not sure exactly when it started, but it's been going on long enough that I'm very frustrated by it. Thanks for any help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268296/firefox-disapears-from-taskbar/
Relevancy 46.01%

When I press ctrl+alt+delete it takes me to this window
"Windows Security" and gives me these 6 options
Lock Computer, Log Off, Shut Down, Change Password, Task Manager, Cancel
I click Task Manager and nothing happens. Its as if I havent clicked anything and Im back at my desktop.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Thank you

A:Task Manager; just disapears

try running the system file checker; click the start, run, and type; sfc /scannow , and that is with that space in there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager-just-disapears.555913/
Relevancy 46.01%

cd romd icon disappears in my computers

A:cdrom icon disapears

Hi sada!

Welcome to TSF

Can you try to open up the Registry Editor. (click Start, click Run, type regedit and hit Enter)

Click File, Export on Registry Editor window. Type the Filename as registrybackup and save it to the desktop

Now, browse to this string below on the Registry Editor:

My Computer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
Class
4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318

Click and highlight the 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318

On the right panel, right click on UpperFilters. Choose Delete. Do the same for LowerFilters

Close the Registry Editor, and restart the computer. Is the cdrom appear now?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cdrom-icon-disapears-229861.html
Relevancy 46.01%

i have a wireless network used in my appartments the signal for unknown reasons flucuate drastically and than when i refreash my network browser some signals i can use are 50 to 60% and than drop off the radar or drop to 15% or lower and can't connect help me please

A:strong signal but disapears

How many wireless device are your network?
does your wireless network have encryption on it?
How many people use it?

If to many people are on the same device it can get congested and the connectivity and reliability can drop significantly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strong-signal-but-disapears.805489/
Relevancy 46.01%

After Firefox upgraded itself to version 2.0.0.6, The Stumbleupon toolbar disapeared and I cannot launch it even with <CTRL> F11. Under "TOOLS, ADDONS" Stumbleupon is still there but greyed out. It says it will start after closing and reopenning the browser...but it doesn't. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

A:Stumbleupon disapears in firefox 2.0.0.6

Do you have the latest version? (3.06)

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/138

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/stumbleupon-disapears-in-firefox-2-0-0-6-a-171410.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Lately when I go to burn a cd, I click on My Computer and it's not there!!! Therfore my burning software does not see the dive either. sometimes if I re-boot it will re appear. Sometimes (which I hate doing) I'll use norton Go Back, However I can use it one minute and 20 minutes later the CD/RW Icon is gone!! This is drivinig me nutz!! I have unhooked the ribbibon cables twice and made absolutley the where inaerted properly and tight. I have even gone as far as to re-install the CDE/RW software, but it does not last!! Can any give me a suggestion, besides "BY A NEW COMPUTER"! My other thought id that maybe the the drive itself is bad and needs replacement.
Thanks. Ant suggestions are welcome

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rw-icon-disapears-any-suggestions.716508/
Relevancy 45.58%

hay there , ive been trying to install windows 7 ultimate 32 bit from vista premium 32 bit for some time now. after i click agree and install it starts doing the 'checking compatibility' its does this for about 3 minutes then it disappears and goes back to the menu where it says 'check compatibility' or 'install'. I paid money for something that is so far, incomplete and broken.

please help

A:cannot install win 7 , disapears without error message

Quote: Originally Posted by jeszy

hay there , ive been trying to install windows 7 ultimate 32 bit from vista premium 32 bit for some time now. after i click agree and install it starts doing the 'checking compatibility' its does this for about 3 minutes then it disappears and goes back to the menu where it says 'check compatibility' or 'install'. I paid money for something that is so far, incomplete and broken.

please help

Hi jeszy and welcome

Did you download win 7 from mS or did you buy it?
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/45873-cannot-install-win-7-disapears-without-error-message.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have one Lightscribe DVD burner, and I use Alcohol %120 as a virtual drive (the latest version).
Problem: when I reboot the PC, sometimes both drives disappear, and in device manager they are listed as having no drivers installed. I cannot uninstall Alcohol, as i get the message "adapter is locked". no restore procedures fix this.I can not use system restore, I cannot backup from an image file using windows backup. I can not do a clean install of vista, formatting the drive and then restoring a image backup, this too fails!(it installs but still no drives listed!)
This is all new hardware. I am stumped, as this defies all logic. Please help!

http://www.vistax64.com/software/44167-subject-cd-dvd-drive-disapears-vista.html
Relevancy 45.58%

i have a home network useing a wireless cable 4 port router.. i have 2 laptops connecting wireless and a desktop also conecting wireless ... i have a network printer connected to the router via ethernet and also a voice over ip phone setup.. all works flawless... UNTIL i plug in my daughters computer running xp via ethernet...about 10 mins after i connect her pc via ethernet cable i lose all wireless to all pc's in the house and if i search for the network to recconect it is gone! no network detected at all.. but as soon as i unplug her pc and restart the router i can connect all the other pc's wirelessly just fine..
by the way her pc is a brand new fresh install of xp with absolutly nothing installed on it yet.

any ideas on what is causing this?
thanks

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi folks I'm having disapears reader standby after card issues with my - card reader built in my HP Compaq nx I installed Win x half a year ago and everything runs smoothly except the card reader which is reported as TI PCIxx Device I found a driver meanwhile and the Reader is recognized as device and can access the card however only after a startup Whenever I send the notebook into standby and wake it card reader disapears after standby up again the whole device is missing in quot Computer quot Strangely if I pull out the Card Windows gives the sound of unplugging a device as it does when I push in the card back in again Then the sound of connecting a device appears When I restart card reader disapears after standby the system the card is listed in Computer and can be accessed often however it is claimed unformated The driver I use ist the PCIxx which was the latest I found gives the same result Any ideas Thanks for your time

A:card reader disapears after standby

Have you tried unchecking "Hide empty drives in the Computer folder" in Folder Options?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/75304-card-reader-disapears-after-standby.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Recently after installing a new graphics card I ve been having weird issues with my computer Google Chrome tends to close without any sort of warning I have re installed it without any correlation just completely random Also sometimes my computer basically shuts itself and background Randomly closing disapears. programs down Out of nowhere every single program will close besides the one I m currently using usually at least and the background of my desktop Randomly closing programs and background disapears. will turn green the default color I chose for windows with all of my icons and task bar and everything disappearing Randomly closing programs and background disapears. If I have task manager open oddly enough it won t close I can t open the start menu even using the keyboard windows key and the only way to fix it is to either restart the computer and log out Randomly closing programs and background disapears. then back in I ll try to get a screenshot the next time it happens if it allows me to I previously had an AMD HD for graphics card Oddly notice how in the TSG SysInfo how it says quot - Mb ram quot when it should be gb Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASRock B Pro Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

A:Randomly closing programs and background disapears.

If you reinstall the AMD HD7770 card does that fix these issues?

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/randomly-closing-programs-and-background-disapears.1140626/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello everyone
I have this weird bug on the PC of a friend of mine.

Sometimes the account he uses to login is OK then the day after the user account is gone! New settings are in, the documents and personal settings are out! He logs in another day and the good account is back again! VERY weird!

I saw that myself yesterday on his PC. Everything was gone. I login this morning and the account is ok!

What could cause this?

I verified and the PC is clean of virus and spyware of any sort.

Have anyone got this problem?

Nice day
Dag

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-user-account-disapears-then-come-back-428265.html
Relevancy 45.15%

HELP i cant acces my icons on desk top wehn rebooting they flash once on screen and then poof they are gone i have no acess to web in task box its says no explorer im running windows 2000 ive ran spy bot from the task run and also place in explorer it again acts like im signin up computer and poof the system tray disapears not one icon on screen desk top appears it is almost like there is something halting it ? has anyone had this problem this is the first for me and it is drivin me nuts please help

A:system tray disapears and no desktop icons

could zone alarm or a firewall stop desktop items from loading

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-tray-disapears-and-no-desktop-icons.419065/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Folks,
I have this weird problem,
I can be using my PC for 30 mins to an hour (varies all the time, so i dont think its time problem) but my cursor seems to disappear then windows freezes, no BSOD nothing, just cant do anything and doesnt respond to any clicks / keyboard input, my only option is to hard reset!

Any idea why this would be happening?

A:Mouse disapears then windows crashes/freezes

Usually that kind of thing is a hardware issue. I had a couple of after market network cards do that in a couple of different machines. When I booted cold everything was perfect for 20 to 45 minutes. Then hard lock just as you described. I swapped the network card for a different model(more expensive) and the problem disappeared.

Have you changed any hardware recently? Purchased a new wired mouse or keyboard? Any PCI cards?
Usually what a technician will do is open up the box and spray different components with compressed air to see if it starts working when the heat is dissipated. Trouble is the lockup is so sudden I doubt the system will write to any log files etc..

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71505-mouse-disapears-then-windows-crashes-freezes.html
Relevancy 45.15%

the mobile broadband device keeps failing, which means i dont see the broadband connection when i go to connect to it. i have to go into device manager remove it and then refresh, but inshould not have to keep doing this. is there  fix?  

A:elitepad 900. hs3120 hspa+ device disapears

any ideas on this, it keeps happening, even when using the broadband connection it disappears. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/elitepad-900-hs3120-hspa-device-disapears/td-p/5051667
Relevancy 45.15%

I am running 8.1... recently my second seagate barracuda HDD has just been disapearing from explorer... this is my last resort, after this there is nothing... google is completely useless.. I have bought a brand new sata cable, so thats ruled out, the drive is NOT dead, it works perfectly fine and is 100% healthy. the motherboard is not fried, that was just replaced not more than a month ago. the UEFI BIOS is up to date... basically as i said my drive just disapears.. some days ill be able to see it and access files, the next it will not show up in any program at all... I have tried seatools, it does NOT show up in there... can somebody for the love of god help me out with this? im just about ready to throw this damn drive out the window...

A:Hard drive disapears from explorer randomly.

Drive is bad or power supply is on the fritz. If the system is stable otherwise, then it's looking like a failing drive.

Check all voltages under load, with some good software.

We were having a discussion not very long ago, which included a semi-scientific study of HDDs and Barracuda did not fair so well in regards to fail rate.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/41215-hard-drive-disapears-explorer-randomly.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I am new to Windows and have recently purchased an Asus N JK The touch screen worked for the first day and then stopped After that I even reset the laptop to original out of box condition and it didn't work A few days later after trying everything I could find it actually worked for another day but just day It has again stopped working and the touch keyboard isn't starting with Windows any longer and I can't find any clues of touch in the device manager In system it says quot no working, device screen from not manager disapears Touch pen or touch input is available for this display quot After searching and reading this board I can't find anything more to try I'm stuck and need some help By the way I spoke with Asus Touch screen not working, disapears from device manager and they offered no troubleshooting but immediately said I'd have to RMA this new laptop to the tune of anywhere between - That's messed up and not going to happen The laptop Asus N JKWindows i quad coreNvidia GTX M gb ram

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/74301-touch-screen-not-working-disapears-device-manager.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently successfully installed a slipstreamed copy of XP Pro. i have noticed that after i restart, my settings that make the QuickLaunch and the icons in my Taskbar will not keep their settings and the QL disapears after every restart and the icons all have the hide when idle option. i changed their attribs manually about three times. and have asked windows to show the QuickLaunch bar many times. but it refuses to do so after every restart. what can i do? i would prefer to have the QL bar.

A:QuickLaunch disapears and Taskbar Icons don't stay hidden

Did you lock the taskbar? Right click on a blank part of the taskbar and select Lock.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/quicklaunch-disapears-and-taskbar-icons-dont-stay-hidden-48702.html
Relevancy 44.72%

:hotbounce Hi guys, I have a problem I've never ran into before, I have been playing around with a few of the old dell latitudes one cp and one cpi. I have a know working battery that I'm using, I start up the cp and hit f2 to go into set up, and push the battery in when I get to the setup on the battery it says it isn't installed even if i pull the cd rom and install it their. I think I have some problem in the charging system but I don't have any digrams to find the problem. So if any of you have had this or similar problem and you have any ideas of suggestions, or the digrams for the cp or cpi latitudes I would greatly appreciate the help. :hotouch: :hotouch:

A:Dell latitude cpi/cp will not run off of good battery, service tag disapears

I have the same problem with my latitude CPi I got response on the dell forums. one guy sugested: Try another battery - if it is also not recognized, you've got a mainboard problem. let me know if you find another solution...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-cpi-cp-will-not-run-off-of-good-battery-service-tag-disapears.40418/
Relevancy 44.29%

When i right click MyComputer Properties the messages diaplays as " The operations has been cancelled due to restrictions effect on this computer.Please contact your system administrator".

How to solve this problem?

A:My Computer Properties

Quote: Originally Posted by ebeein

When i right click MyComputer Properties the messages diaplays as " The operations has been cancelled due to restrictions effect on this computer.Please contact your system administrator".

How to solve this problem?

Since when did this happen, or don't you do that action frequently? Is or was this a work pc?
More items which are not working "due to restrictions"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/290880-my-computer-properties.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Sorry, I know this is the second stupid question in a week, but I've some kind of a problem...

I went to a computer engineer (or whatever you call) to install a 1 GB RAM replacing my 256 MB RAM... got the computer back and didn't care to check, but yesterday i checked the "My Computer" properties to find that it is saying 256 MB of RAM, does that mean we are 100% ripped off or my computer may get stupid sometimes? (and if there is a way to know for sure about my RAM, please tell me)

A:My computer properties

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown2dark

Sorry, I know this is the second stupid question in a week, but I've some kind of a problem...

I went to a computer engineer (or whatever you call) to install a 1 GB RAM replacing my 256 MB RAM... got the computer back and didn't care to check, but yesterday i checked the "My Computer" properties to find that it is saying 256 MB of RAM, does that mean we are 100% ripped off or my computer may get stupid sometimes? (and if there is a way to know for sure about my RAM, please tell me)

Go to Control Panel, System and see what it says at the bottom! Depending on whether you have a seperate graphics card or not it will tell how much RAM you have.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-properties-299394.html
Relevancy 44.29%

When I build a computer at work, we have to put the company info and logo into the my computer properties, we do this by putting a txt file and a pic into the system 32 folder, i want to do this at home, what is the txt. file called to change it and what is the picture called?

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 44.29%

The title pretty much says it all, here are more details. 
Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Lenovo Helix. Wireless Display/Miracast works great when not on the domain. When joined to the domain the option to connect is not even present. We have taken my PC and username out of any policy, removed the SCCM Client, etc. 
Installed 8.1 straight off of DVD, isntalled drivers, miracast works no problem. Join the domain, the option is gone. 
Any thoughts or suggestions? MS issue in the OS?

A:The Miricast/Wireless display option disapears after domain join.

Hi.
According to your description,the fact that the option is not even there is strange.

Please check if the Wireless display is not enabled in firewall settings when domain connected.
And check your firewall to see if the service is available when domain connected.
Then,update Lenovo drivers and windows update.
Meanwhile,I suggest you upload the screenshot about the issue.
Keep post.
Regards,Kelvin hsu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/11d7e1e1-6aed-424c-8be0-00601864cb9c/the-miricastwireless-display-option-disapears-after-domain-join?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 43.86%

I have vista 64-bit installed on my dell laptop and hope this is the right forum. I installed it a couple days ago after formatting everything on the hard drive. Now when I right click on my computer in start menu the properties don't pop up. I dislike vista already but is this vista-related? or infected? I don't think so, since I installed it a couple days ago after another virus had infected the system. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 43.86%

I m helping my sister fix properties Cant log go on Computer to Hijackthis this laptop and theres Cant go to properties on Computer Hijackthis log certainly a lot wrong with it Cant even go to properties for desktop or run msconfig heres the hijackthis Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Cant go to properties on Computer Hijackthis log WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system Cant go to properties on Computer Hijackthis log ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C WINDOWS System tabbtnu exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System XConfig exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS System THotkey exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C Program Files Toshiba CrossMenu CrossMenu exe C Program Files Toshiba TapButton TapButt exe C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMERzCtl EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe C WINDOWS System TFNF exe C WINDOWS System TPSMain exe c Toshiba IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TME Tmesrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Acceleration Utilities TAcelMgr TAcelMgr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Acceleration Utilities Shaker TSkrMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Rotation Utility TRot exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Wireless Hotkey TosHKCW exe C Symbol Commander Sensiva exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System EZSP PX EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMETEMNU EXE C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C WINDOWS System TPSBattM exe C toshiba ivp ism ivpsvmgr exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TPA exe C WINDOWS System MSNMSGR EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA AIM aim exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE ONENOTEM EXE C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files mIRC mirc exe C WINDOWS system mspaint exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C Program Files Xfire Xfire exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS System cmd exe C Documents and Settings User Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www toshiba com search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshiba com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run THotkey C WINDOWS System THotkey exe O - HKLM Run CrossMenu C Program Files Toshiba CrossMenu CrossMenu exe O ... Read more

A:Cant go to properties on Computer Hijackthis log

* Go here to download CCleaner.
Install CCleaner
Launch CCleaner and look in the upper right corner and click on the "Options" button.
Click "Advanced" and remove the check by "Only delete files in Windows temp folders older than 48 hours".
Click OK
Do not run CCleaner yet. You will run it later in safe mode.
* Click Here and download Killbox and save it to your desktop.
* Click here for info on how to boot to safe mode if you don't already know how.
* Now copy these instructions to notepad and save them to your desktop. You will need them to refer to.
* Run Hijack This again and put a check by these. Close ALL windows except HijackThis and click "Fix checked"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Anti-Spyware 1.65] MSNMSGR.EXE

O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [Microsoft Anti-Spyware 1.65] MSNMSGR.EXE
* Restart your computer into safe mode now. Perform the following steps in safe mode:
* Double-click on Killbox.exe to run it. Now put a tick by Standard File Kill. In the "Full Path of File to Delete" box, copy and paste each of the following lines one at a time then click on the button that has the red circle with the X in the middle after you enter each file. It will ask for confimation to delete the file. Click Yes. Continue with that same procedure until you have copied and pasted all of these in the "Paste Full Path of File to Delete" box.

C:\WINDOWS\System32\MSNMSGR.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\MSNMSGR.EXE

Note: It is possible that Killbox will tell you that one or more files do not exist. If that happens, just continue on with all the files. Be sure you don't miss any.

Exit the Killbox.
* Start Ccleaner and click Run Cleaner
* Go to Control Panel > Internet Options. Click on the Programs tab then click the "Reset Web Settings" button. Click Apply then OK.
* Restart back into Windows normally now.
* Run ActiveScan online virus scan here

When the scan is finished, anything that it cannot clean have it delete it. Make a note of the file location of anything that cannot be deleted so you can delete it yourself.
- Save the results from the scan!

Post a new HiJackThis log along with the results from ActiveScan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-go-to-properties-on-computer-hijackthis-log.374375/
Relevancy 43.86%

Whenever I try opening my computer properties (Right click computer> Properties) the window opens but then freezes and windows explorer crashes before I can do anything. I've tried all means of getting to it like using run and searching wei in the start menu but they all end the same way. I've also tried using the system scan on cmd prompt which didnt fix anything. Also, i dont know if this has anything to do with it but i am also unable to open videos, the same thing happens but with windows media player and pictures just do nothing when i click on them. (If they arent related i will open a new thread for it). I have an HP Pavilion g7.

A:Cant access computer properties

Hmm, that's weird. Have you tried restarting your computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585874/cant-access-computer-properties/
Relevancy 43.86%

So my computer is starting to act up, recently certain websites in Firefox do not work and I have to restart Firefox. Chrome has stopped working at all. I when I right click and try to get into properties on the desktop it loads but doesn't come up, the same happens when I try to get into my computer properties. The same thing happens when I try to get into various programs in the control panel (I was trying to speed up my mouse because it went slow, and the mouse won't load when clicked).

I've done spybot, malaware bytes and windows scans, but nothing has come up. You guys have been helpful in the past, so I'm hoping you guys can help again.

A:Cannot Acces My Computer Properties

System manufacturer and model?

Have you tried running the chkdsk /r command?

Any error messages?

Have you tried a replacement mouse?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311358/cannot-acces-my-computer-properties/
Relevancy 43.86%

Strange problem. Using win 7 premium x64
SP1 shows a successful install in the update history. Win update shows 'up to date' when checking.
The only anomaly is when I check the properties page of the 'Computer' from the start menu it does not show under the Windows Edition section of the page.

Any ideas?
Thanks

A:Win 7 SP1 does not show in computer properties

sl2222
* If installed it should indeed be showing via Start > right click Computer > Properties >Viewing Basic Information > Windows Edition.

* Have you checked in Event Viewer?
Type eventvwr in search.
Go to the Windows Logs > Application { then System} > in the left hand column.
Note any error or warning that relates to when you installed SP1.
Please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/195278-win-7-sp1-does-not-show-computer-properties.html
Relevancy 43.86%

All of a sudden my computer will not let me delete files out of my C drive It will also not let me access my internet properties or My Computer properties as well It explains it as restrictions on my computer do not allow me to do this and that i should contact my system administrator The problem is i am the system administrator I used the smitfraud eliminator and it deleted a lot of stuff but it said it was unable to access my registry to delete files due to the fact that restrictions on my computer do not allow it I am the administrator so this error does not make sense I also used rats cheddar SUPERantispyware and Rogue Removermy log is belowI am running on Windows XP Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Access Can't Computer Properties My MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot Can't Access My Computer Properties mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXEC WINDOWS ALCMTR EXEC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exec Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE L V Z aaw exeC WINDOWS system MSIEXEC exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC WINDOWS system MsiExec exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net home htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system printer exeO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar HP view - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exeO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run HPHUPD c Program Files HP AAC FC - F - - DD -EBC C D hphupd exeO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXEO - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEO - HKLM Run Reminder quot C Windows Creator Remind XP exe quot O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXEO - HKLM Run QuickT... Read more

A:Can't Access My Computer Properties

never mind
system restor fixed the problem.
thanks for the advice :]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/109271/cant-access-my-computer-properties/
Relevancy 43.86%

In my computer propeties i see 3.5 version . what is that

A:[SOLVED] properties of my computer

Hi jasimkhan and Welcome to TSF,

What is listed as "3.5" in that view?
If you could please take a screenshot of the view and highlight the things you're unsure of and I'll gladly tell you what it means.

Open up the Computer Properties-view.
Press the "Print Screen"-button on your keyboard.
Open paint > Edit > Paste.
Save as ".png".
Attach to your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-properties-of-my-computer-595923.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I fresh installed Vista a few months ago and it worked great for me Something went wrong in January and it appeared to me like the computer had crashed - I had system beeps when turning on and when it did boot up multiple things would highlight and select on the screen almost like a virus had gotten in - I couldn't even get it to boot off the dvd drive from setup I was in the middle of a move and disconnected everything and when I got down here to Florida - just hooked her up last night and everything works fine - So my thinking is that it was a hardware device error or conflict going on and I'm just happy it's working for now My question is though - after all of that - when I right click Computer and select properties - It won't Computer Screen Properties show me rating processor or ram Why not and when I run the reliability and performance monitor it tells me the os check has failed - something about the allchildtest I purchased a new copy of Vista from Amazon so no bogus copy here - so why is this not working and failing that test Please let me know if you have any answers Thanks Steve

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-properties-screen-344765.html
Relevancy 43.86%

How do I get the recovery settings for a service in computer management using vb scripts?

I use the code below to get information about the service but it does not tell me what the recovery options are, i.e., First failure - Restart Service, Second failure - Restart service.
Set objSWbemLocator = CreateObject("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator")

Set objSWbemServices = objSWbemLocator.ConnectServer(strComputer, _
"root\cimv2", _
strUser, _
strPassword, _
"MS_409", _
"ntlmdomain:" + strDomain)

Set objServiceList = objSWbemServices.ExecQuery _
("Select * from Win32_Service where Name=" & strObjServiceName)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/set-recovery-properties-for-computer-mgt.601083/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I have a folder of home videos that I 6.41Gb says says folder 2.67Gb, properties properties *.* back up to a USB key with Syncback The key is nearly full and I'm trying to reduce the size of that folder But here's the thing If I folder properties says 2.67Gb, *.* properties says 6.41Gb right-click on my 'Home videos' folder and select 'Properties' it tells me I have files in folders taking Gb However if I open the folder and search for to show all the files then select all right-click 'Properties' it tells me I have files in folders taking Gb Still at the bottom of the Windows Explorer window it says items selected This is the case on both the folder in My Documents on the PC and also the matching folder on the USB key Treesize also shows Gb for both folders In fact as far as I can figure what with everything else on the same USB key there wouldn't even be room for a Gb folder I've tried showing both hidden and system files and folders but there's nothing extra to see Can anyone please explain this anomaly I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure it out

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399832-folder-properties-says-2-67gb-properties-says-6-41gb.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I recently noted issues with my Window PC It seems that when ever I try to put PC to sleep it wakes up immediately for no apparent reason When I checked cmd powercfg -lastwake it listed this Service Device HardDiskVolume Windows System svchost exe wuauserv which I believe refers to Windows Update There is technically no new update available aside from the Window download which I am not interested in doing at this time Yet when ever I Does PC cause sleep?? 10 from computer app Window to Window 7 on wake click on my start button to put my computer to sleep the quot shut down quot option states that it will install update prior to shut down even though I have no update selected -- in fact when I do hit the shut Does Window 10 app on Window 7 computer cause PC to wake from sleep?? down option even though Does Window 10 app on Window 7 computer cause PC to wake from sleep?? it states it will install update prior to shut down no updates are installed and shuts down normally Is the Windows update the reason my PC will not stay asleep and why it keeps saying updates will install on shut down even though I do not have it selected as an option in Windows update Is so is there any way I can disable this WITHOUT turning off the wake timers as I have some events I want to keep doing via the Task Scheduler Any information would be helpful Thanks

A:Does Window 10 app on Window 7 computer cause PC to wake from sleep??

Hi,
No telling was there another 10 app installed other than GWX ?
Which if you don't want win-10 I'd remove it
Because M$ did adjust the way you'd need to not have it installed
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3095675

Otherwise this works pretty well getting rid of the associated win-10 stuff
How to remove Windows 10 upgrade updates in Windows 7 and 8 - gHacks Tech News
KB2952664
KB2999226
KB3035583
KB3075249
KB3013531
KB3021917
KB3068708
KB3080149
KB3123862
KB3150513
Most importantly make sure you're not including Recommended updates to install with Important updates

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397137-does-window-10-app-window-7-computer-cause-pc-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I just ghosted my machine with a Windows XP image and I can't find the Computer Name Tab in System Properties. Trying to join a domain.

Any help will be much appreciated !
TIA !

A:Computer Name Tab missing from System Properties

Are you logged on as an Administrator?

Click Start and then run. Type in msinfo32 and click ok. It will tell you the Computer name in there.

Also, confirm that that it isnt XP Home as you cannot join that to the domain.
Dave

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-name-tab-missing-from-system-properties-604621.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My computer has 2gb's of ram installed and my BIOS recognizes that I do as claimed and so does my System Information but right clicking on "My Computer" and Properties displays 256mb. Any one know a solution or what the problem is or if it will in fact affect my performance? I just formated to XP Pro from Media Center Edition which came with my laptop and had to change a BIOS setting for "enable native SATA support" for it to recognize my HD in order to format with XP Pro CD.

A:Wrong Ram Amount via Computer Properties

Hi

Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and under the Performance tab, see what it lists under Commit Charge (K)>Limit.

You can also check in Start>Help and Support>Whats new in Windows XP>Tools (bottom left)>My Computer Information. (General Information)

Another way is Start>Run>type: msinfo32 and Enter.

Se what it losts their as the total amount of RAM picked up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wrong-ram-amount-via-computer-properties-163552.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Is there any legit free tool that will let you change the images in the properties of my computer?

(I found one that let me do the below but it came from an unreliable source)

A:Windows 7 Computer Properties Tool

Welcome,

Are you, also, trying to change the security settings or just properties?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/65575-windows-7-computer-properties-tool.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello
I try to see the device manager, click "My Computer" in the desktop and click properties the responde said:
Windows can't not access the specific path, device or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".. how is possible is my own computer at home and I don't have network or something like that and I am the only one, who uses???
Can somebody tell me what happening.....?
Thanks....

AACM

Relevancy 43.43%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+, x86 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card:
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305234 MB, Free - 262911 MB;
Motherboard: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD, MS-7312
Antivirus: Bitdefender Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Missing subfolder within My Computer Properties: There is no Tools tab, the only tabs available are General & Shortcut.
Assistance or suggestions needed!

Other XP forums have been no help.

Relevancy 43.43%

When i right click on my computer and i go on properties, system restore doesnt show up for some reason. Im using a Eee Pc, Windows XP. I really need some help for this. Idont know what to do.

A:When i look in My Computer properties, no system restore!

See this, particularly the fix near the bottom:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/for...gpedit was also mentioned in that link but be aware it is not available if you are using XP Home - see here for info:http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum...EDIT:Against the possibility of it being due to malware run this on it:MalwareBytes:http://filehippo.com/download_malwa...(green Download button top right - not anything else on the page)Install and Run the program but before doing its Scan go to "Settings > Detection and Protection" and put a checkmark in "Scan for rootkits". Quarantine anything it finds. Please copy/paste the log on here if it finds anything.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/when-i-look-in-my-computer-properties-no-system-restore/203522.html
Relevancy 43.43%

hello since yesterday I'm facing a weird problem which is that when i right click on my computer and click on properties nothing happens at all i also can't access some other cannot computer properties access and features some other features such as Action Center Back up and Restore View installed updates in Windows update when i click on them nothing happens just the mouse pointer hangs and i have to close application from task manager i've tried to scan my pc with Avira anti-virus and cannot access computer properties and some other features Malwarebytes Registry Repair CCleaner but problem still exist i also tried the command sfc scannow and there was no errors or corrupted files found before this problem occurred i haven't installed anything new on my computer Except Advanced uninstaller Pro and Vmware Workstation then i uninstalled them after i discovered this problem My Specs Windows Ultimate SP bit CPU Intel i - GPU Sapphire HD XT GPU driver Ram GB MB gigabyte h am-s p Any help would be really appreciated Thanks in advanced

A:cannot access computer properties and some other features

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy,  taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.
   Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
    After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
     Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot. You will see the following prompt:
     Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630661/cannot-access-computer-properties-and-some-other-features/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all.

Does anyone know how to add custom information to Control Panel\System window that comes up when right clicking on My Computer and going to Properties?

I know about the OEM registry key information where I can change the support phone number and website and change the manufacturer name. I was wondering if there is a way to add a whole new section to this page though with all custom information in it. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297025-adding-info-computer-properties.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I noticed a year old thread that wondered why they didn't find SP 1 under windows edition when they had installed windows sp1 update. Made me think why should update to the windows you have installed change what you have under Computer> Properties>Windows Edition?? Guess that's what did happen on my 'system' and that's what I don't understand regard to my other thread.Which was-
Computer Properties Windows Edition

A:win 7 -under windows edition under computer properties

The service pack that is installed, will display under Computer/Properties/Windows Edition.

That is normal since it is no longer the base edition once the service pack is installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/269365-win-7-under-windows-edition-under-computer-properties.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I just had this issue today. I was going to make a post with this very issue till I found this. This worked for me hope it dose for you. Here's the fix and the error I was getting..

Quote:
1. Click Start . In the Search box, type CMD . At the top of the window, right-click the cmd icon and choose Run as Administrator .

2. At the prompt, type in FOR /R C:\ %G IN (*.dll) DO "%systemroot%\system32\regsvr32.exe /s "%G and press <Enter>.

This will take several minutes to complete. There will be several C+ Runtime errors that will appear, as well as the system slowing down. Close all boxes that come on the screen except the CMD boxes. Once complete(it will come back to a c: prompt), restart the system and test.

Here's the link. ---> No such interface supported

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401917-you-have-no-access-computer-properties-personalize.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I'm looking high and low for the directions as to how dell and other support givers, put in a clickable button in to the properties of "my computer", "general" tab. If anybody knows how I would be able to do that, Please..... I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/support-button-in-my-computer-properties.289641/
Relevancy 43.43%

Today I accidentally set the desktop resolution to some odd number. As soon as I did this, the screen went blank and the message "cannot display these video settings" appeared on my monitor. Since my monitor wasn't able to display the new resolution, I could not see what I was doing and could not change the resolution back:http://www.techsupportforum.com/imag...ies/1-sigh.gif
. In order to do anything and to get to this website I had to run the system in safe mode. Is there a way to fix this? Help appreciated.

A:Problem with computer display properties.

Could you change the resolution while you are in safe-mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-computer-display-properties-265350.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I am having several problems when I attempt to open the properties dialog box some of the windows, specifically my computer, adding and removing software, IE, and can't open dialog box for setting time and date located on task bar (does same thing box appears then disappears right away. Is there anyone out there that can help me?

A:Win XP cant open properties dialog for my computer

Go here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Scroll down to #296
click on it,when the box opens,select open
reboot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-cant-open-properties-dialog-for-my-computer.220010/
Relevancy 43.43%

Anyone know how to troubleshoot this, right click on my computer does not work and there is no System icon in control panel.

Thanks

A:Unable to open computer properties

If you type computer, in the search, by the start button. Dont you get the computer?

Can you drag it to desktop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/143656-unable-open-computer-properties.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I believe I have windows 7 home premium for 64 bit systems.

when goto as stated above says

Windows 7 Home Premium

service pack 1

no mention for 64 bit systems.

I don't understand that. Allthough I see under System says 64 bit 'hardware'(which I have)

I do know sp 1 for 64 bit systems was an update I installed in feb. 2011 -but do that change my windows edition? do other updates since then?

A:Computer-Properties-Windows edition

It should state under "System Type" which is under your RAM?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/269062-computer-properties-windows-edition.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My Computer properties only showing General tab -- all other tabs missing.
Started with modem not being able to dial out-- fixed that issue under My Network Places - default connection was not checked for my ISP I use to connect to the internet.

A:My Computer properties only showing General tab

well, i dont believe that the dial changing would change that. However we may need to work back a bit.

1. Are you on an administrator account. Or, when was the last time you recall going into that and seeing more options other than the General Tab.

2. When your ISP had been unchecked was another one checked?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-properties-only-showing-general-tab-327894.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone,

I'm a pretty savvy computer person but this problem has me perplexed. I've tried to install Windows XP 32-bit several times and everytime whenever I click properties (Whether it be on a folder or the desktop or wireless properties) the computer screen glitches and freezes. I have to force shut down my computer and I HAVE to unplug it and plug it back in otherwise it won't turn back on. It's not the PSU and I've tried different graphics cards. Not sure what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Specs:

AMD Athlon X2 7850
1 GB DDR2
120 GB IDE Hard Drive
nVidia Quadro FX 4500 512 GDDR2 Graphics Card
Windows XP 32-bit professional.

A:Computer Freezes When I click properties

Run some hard drive diagnostics as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-when-i-click-properties.1005034/