Windows Support Forum

Windows won't load past Starting Windows screen

Q: Windows won't load past Starting Windows screen

Hello. Sorry if this has already been addressed before but none of the things I've tried myself or online have worked.

Last night I accidentally switched off the power strip my computer is plugged into. Ever since, it won't load past the Starting Windows screen. It even does the little sound that plays when you get to the sign in screen, but my screen remains blank. I can use the computer in safe mode. I've tried a system restore, malware bytes, using the last good configuration etc I'm not sure what else to do. The computer was just given to me the other day so I do not know any of the specs on it. Please help if you can. Thank you.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows won't load past Starting Windows screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows won't load past Starting Windows screen

Does the starting windows screen have animation all the time? Or does it become blank all of a sudden? Is there still a mouse cursor? Or is there a text cursor?

Safe mode works as expected?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/327476-windows-wont-load-past-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 110.51%

After few total freezes when playing dota2, my windows won't load past starting windows screen (this), that end up with BSOD every time.
I'am think that my HDD is gone, but i need to know for sure.
I tried to run it in safe mode, but it can't load any file past CLASSPNP.SYS
I just need to know is that HDD or windows because my disk is something about 8 yo and I need to replace him anyway, but i would like to save files on him, that's why i need to start it up somehow.
Btw. can I copy my win7 32 registry to new win7 64, will that work in any way?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588814/help-after-few-freezes-my-windows-wont-load-past-starting-windows-screen/
Relevancy 98.47%

Last night, I attempted to install a linux distro alongside 7, the installation failed, so I gave up and just rebooted to 7.

It got stuck on the "Starting Windows" screen, so I preformed hard shutdown and when to the "Startup Repair" utility and it attempted repairs, it then said that the repairs were unsuccessful, so I restarted and windows loaded to the desktop. Success! or so I thought...

After a while, I shut my laptop down and went to bed (as you do). When I needed to use it this morning, it wouldn't load past the "Starting Windows" screen again, so I shut it down and restarted and it went the desktop.

A:Occasionally wont load past "Starting Windows" screen

Hi,

Can you access the Advanced boot options?

Advanced Boot Options
Choose Last known Good Configuration

Tip
Use the up-arrow and down-arrow keys to move the menu’s highlight to Last Known Good Configuration (Advanced), and then press Enter as the mouse won’t work at this screen.

Your computer should load successfully, and Windows 7 will discard the bad configuration and return permanently to the last known good configuration.

Alternatively:

Are you able to restore back to a point to before you tried to install linux distro?

System Restore

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288100-occasionally-wont-load-past-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Upon start-up, two options are given: "Start Windows Normally" or "Launch Startup Repair (recommended)".
If the Start Windows Normally option is chosen, then the starting windows screen comes up and stays. If I launch the startup repair option, then I still can not get the problem fixed.
From the Startup Repair Screen however, I can launch command prompt and restore options, how can I fix this, a restore is not really an option because I have not set up a restore point in a while.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank-you in advance.

A:Won't load past "Starting Windows" screen

It's possible that you can't access the actual startup repairs from within Windows itself. You might have to boot from either an installation disk or a previously made system repair disk. And it might take running the startup repair 3 times before all issues are fixed.

Startup Repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234388-wont-load-past-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Okay so here's the deal I had Windows Service Pack Everything was just lovely then I decided to FINALLY upgrade to Windows 3 Windows Boot Now won't past Service Pack Load Windows load Installed Screen Service Pack because some high end Adobe products I was installing suggested it for Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen better compatibility Aiesh so I took the plunge and tried to upgrade to Windows Service Pack I was smart because of all the horror stories though and did a full backup up all my data including system state etc I set a system restore point the whole nine yards I upgraded with no problems but when the computer restarted it do so got past POST and the windows boot or load screen popped up with the loading bar but windows never loaded A lot of people report having problems where it get's past the windows load screen and just keeps cycle rebooting Or it'll load to the user selection screen welcome screen This is not me I am simply stuck at the windows load screen Picture below for reference So I booted into safe mode with networking searched for help EVERYWHERE and couldn't find any - By the way I could boot into safe mode safe mode with command prompt and safe mode with networking So I used my system restore point that had made before the SP upgrade and now I am typing to you from the comfort of my Service Pack But this ticks me off because I want SP on my system for the sake of those Adobe programs and just because I can't get the dern thing on there it bugs me Does anyone have a suggestion for me as to WHAT is stopping me from have a healthy running version of Windows Service Pack I ran the Service Pack install upgrade as an Administrator in safe mode with ANY program thing that could possibly affect it not running I thought I had all my bases covered but apparently not Any help suggestions It'd be nice for all the other people out there who are having this same problem to get an answer as well P S I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Service Pack hopefully SP soon

A:Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen

Hi sirdanceal0t,
I had a similar problem when Windows XP SP3 was released it was only designed for Intel processors, so if you have a AMD processor it will cause your system not to load, if you are running a AMD processor if i were you try and get back to the System Restore Point or if that fails reimage your pc and just before installing SP3 looks for the patch/fix for your processor model, then install SP3 and it should all be fine.

On the other hand if you have a Intel processor i woulldn't know what to advise.

Swain90

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-windows-service-pack-3-now-windows-wont-load-past-windows-boot-load-screen-418781.html
Relevancy 89.87%

My computer just stops on the quot Starting Windows quot screen Sony VAIO VGN- E Here s what happened I ran WAT Fix Activator thing but then Past Screen Get Can't Starting Windows I ended the process So I ran another instance of WAT Can't Get Past Starting Windows Screen fix Then it automatically restarted my computer Then an error saying that ntkrnlmp exe is corrupt or missing kernels comes up So I run startup repair from my windows repairs cd and it repairs the ntkrnlmp exe It fixes it But today I was just browsing the web and the computer just turns off like randomly Can't Get Past Starting Windows Screen So I start it back up but not it says Windows has failed to startup I tried putting in the Windows Recovery Disk but it Can't Get Past Starting Windows Screen cant even get past the Loading Screen with the bars on it I tried Hiren s Boot CD and load up Mini Windows XP and that can t even get past the Loading Screen So I try using PartedMagic from the Hiren s BootCD but that s the only thing that is able to boot up on my laptop Pretty much I can only use a linux off a bootCD right now

A:Can't Get Past Starting Windows Screen

WAT Fix is a tool designed to bypass the Windows activation process, per http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/26994-WAT-Fix-Fix-your-activation-problems .From the forum rules:"No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."My interpretation is that your use of this tool...constitutes a clear violation of the above enunciated forum policy.If you have any questions about this matter, please contact me via PM.This topic is now closed.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/470460/cant-get-past-starting-windows-screen/
Relevancy 89.87%

I am running a Linux OS right now and am trying to install windows 7.
I turn on he computer and run off the disc. It let's
me load off the cd but can't get past the starting windows screen. Above the
starting windows is a spot of color but no other graphic.
What do I do from here?

A:Can't get past starting windows screen

Update your system specs. The link is in my profile. We can't help much if we don't know what hardware you own.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/39045-cant-get-past-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Got home today and went to turn on my computer and made it onto the desktop as normal only for it then to freeze up I leave it for a couple min to hopefully unfreeze itself but it BSODs and reboots Then it makes it to the Starting Windows screen with the windows logo on but just hangs there for what appears to be infinitely in reality it appears to be about - mins before rebooting itself So I turn it off and try again this time get screen 'starting PC won't past windows' it brings up the screen saying PC won't get past 'starting windows' screen windows PC won't get past 'starting windows' screen wasn t shut down properly and gives me the choice of startup repair or starting windows normally If I choose to start normally it does the usual hanging on the logo screen then eventually reboots and on the loading operating system page it then tries to boot from CD Drive which it is incapable of and just sits there If I choose to repair startup then the I get a loading files bar which completes then brings up a green moving bar with Microsoft corporation written by it similar to the XP loading bar then the screen goes black for a few minutes then a slightly enlarged cursor appears in the screen which I can control but do nothing with The screen appears to stay like this indefinitely I have tried booting through safe mode last working config etc and none work safe mode for example generates a load of commands on screen and then will just hang Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:PC won't get past 'starting windows' screen

Hiya look in your manual how to access system recovery,then choose system restore,possibly F8 on start up

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-get-past-starting-windows-screen.957874/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello.

I've got a:
Presario CQ62 notebook pc with a AMD Athlon(tm) II P320 Dual Core processor, and I can't get past the start up screen with the "starting windows" animation. It will show part of the animation then simply hang. I have a very bad battery but am keeping the computer plugged in. When I attempt a system recovery it says: "A disk read error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart" I've tried this many times and I get the same message each time. Beyond that I have no idea what to try.

Any ideas????

A:Can't get past the starting windows screen

Safe Mode?

A read error means possible hard drive failure. You should make sure your backups are recent and test the drive.

Hard Drive Manufacturers' Diagnostic Utilities Links:
TachTech
BleepingComputer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-past-the-starting-windows-screen.1035913/
Relevancy 89.01%

I was trying to revert my computer back to a week ago and it kept failing due to antivirus software not allowing it. I then uninstalled norton, because they're service is a complete joke(long story), and the computer wanted me to restart to complete the process i chose restart later. I then attempted to revert my computer again, this time to a revert point a few days before the one i had tried previously. When it attempted to revert norton tried to shut the computer down while reverting. I am almost positive this is the cause for not getting past the welcome screen now. The computer starts regularly except once it gets past the windows is starting screen the screen goes black and i can only move the mouse around. I also cannot hit F11 to access the revert the computer back to factory settings, I hit F11 but nothing happens. Anyone know what the problem is?

A:cannot make it past windows is starting screen

It is not Norton.

By uninstalling Norton you removed Norton files, by doing a System Restore you are puting them back.
You need to go to a Restore point before Norton was installed.
System Restore

OR

You could try a startup repair.
Startup Repair
Note: You may need to do startup repair 3 to 4 times

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/83083-cannot-make-past-windows-starting-screen.html
Relevancy 89.01%

As per the title my Windows won't go past 'Starting go the past Laptop Windows' screen. won't the 'Starting Windows' screen It's just a black screen no matter how long I leave it However I can still boot in safe mode and I can boot in my Laptop won't go past the 'Starting Windows' screen. old Ubuntu installation just as well The problem appeared right away after the computer failed to go in hibernation after closing the lid - it hung up instead with a black screen System restore brought no result nor did Windows automatic repair I'm pretty sure I can rule something as simple as Windows booting fine but me not seeing it because some graphic driver problem make it so the screen isn't displaying anything The keyboard lights indicating whether or not the numerical pad or shift lock are on off don't change when pressing the relevant keys Here's my speccy link if it helps http speccy piriform com results FxBnWImgJqZVGEOHoJwaLA It was done in safe mode as this is the only thing I have access to Thanks in advance

A:Laptop won't go past the 'Starting Windows' screen.

Sounds like a damaged video driver, IMO.  You might try the following procedures to uninstall the current graphics driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/117840-uninstall-remove-software-safe-mode.html

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602706/laptop-wont-go-past-the-starting-windows-screen/
Relevancy 89.01%

While watching a live feed on the internet, it stopped responding, so i held down the power button on my laptop to turn it off with the aim of restarting it. Unfortunatley now it won't restart and freezes no the 'starting windows' page. I have tried safe mode with networking, restaring at last known good configuration, booting from cd and repairing but nothing has worked.

Any ideas what i can do?

Thanks

A:Unable to get past 'starting windows' screen

Have you tried a system restore to a point earlier in time when it worked?
System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239096-unable-get-past-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 88.15%

hey so for no reason as far as i can tell i started having this problem today my computer was working fine for awhile this morning but then a bit later when i tried to open firefox the computer froze for no reason kinda wierd since that has never happened before so i restarted it now what happens is it displays an error that says quot floppy disk s fail quot and i have to press F to continue i don t know why it would do this since my computer doesn t have a floppy disk drive then when it gets to the screen that shows the windows XP logo and the loading bar at the bottom the screen before your desktop loads it works for a few seconds normally then the little loading disk logo won't floppy screen load windows past and windows fail bar at the floppy disk fail and windows won't load past windows logo screen bottom slows down a whole lot and goes really slow and just stays like that the computer won t load past that point it just stays on that screen with the xp logo and bar going really slowly so has anyone seen this problem before what should i do i don t really feel like reformatting again i m running windows xp home edition by the way nbsp

Relevancy 87.72%

Wow iv'e been installing o s's for a long time and windows many times but this one has me stumped for the last two days I couldn't get past the completing installation screen installing bit win ultimate Read a lot of posts and seems like a common error The following have been done won't windows past of screen Fresh 7 copy go win starting to no avail Disabled just about all hardware in bios Tried ACHI and Compatible mode Tried the shift f- and try to force it to Fresh copy of win 7 won't go past starting windows screen reboot using explorer exe someone told me about Tried installing in safemode still hangs Burned a new iso to dvd windows Nothing connected to laptop except screen and keyboard Now I did have some sucess when I disabled all hardware in bios and put the controller in compatible mode When installing with this config It did get past the completing installation and rebooted but got stuck on the starting wondows screen Now my laptop This is a Toshiba A with core duo gb ram and the HHd is gb If I cant get this fixed tonight I'm going to fry's electronics tomorrow and buy a new drive To let you know this gb drive came out of one of my customers machines with a bad motherboard but formatted the partition in parted magic and it says the drive is healthy Could this be a bad drive or can any one tell me what to do next Thanks

A:Fresh copy of win 7 won't go past starting windows screen

If you have an EFI BIOS then you must take extra steps to install to UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums

If no EFI BIOS or you want to bypass it:

Unplug all other HD's and peripherals,

Boot into BIOS setup, reset to defaults, save changes. If an EFI BIOS, enable Legacy BIOS or Compatibility Support Module, set DVD drive first to boot, HD second. Then set SATA controller to AHCI. Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed OS version here.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10 to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now, then Custom install to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

After install you can adjust partition size or Create new partitions for data, etc. in Disk Mgmt.You are creating the partition here for the purpose of marking it Active which overcomes certain install failures.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/286056-fresh-copy-win-7-wont-go-past-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Good evening my Intel SSD is where I installed my OS I've had the SSD as my OS drive since August I changed Starting Re-install screen w7: past move Windows cannot my motherboard CPU RAM and graphic card in March Re-install w7: cannot move past Starting Windows screen of kept the SSD and reinstalled w on it It had been running fine since Yesterday for the first time ever on w I got a BSOD while playing a game Dvinity Original Sin I did not get time to read the error before my PC rebooted Following the reboot the OS does not start any longer Instead I end up going back to BIOS every time as in it opens the BIOS screen I removed all the other drives sound card and rebooted- back into BIOS every time I dismantled my PC removed every part including the CPU put everything back together and made sure the cables were connected properly and securely I then cleared the CMOS removed the battery on the Motherboard rebooted reset the settings in the BIOS and still the same issue I checked that the AHCI was enabled CSM enabled UEFI enabled Rebooted to the same end I switched off the UEFI and Re-install w7: cannot move past Starting Windows screen rebooted to the same result One thing I have not been able to do is to get to the windows start advanced Re-install w7: cannot move past Starting Windows screen menu by pressing F Asus in their infinite wisdom use the F key so you can quickly check which drive you want to boot from So I have not been able to boot in safe mode or anything So I started thinking that since I could not start windows I might as well re-install it I made sure my DVD drive I have two was set up as the boot drive I inserted the bootable DVD I had prepared with SP installed It loads the files and then moves to the Starting Windows screen and then just hangs there As I had used the DVD before I knew it was working fine previously I nonetheless proceeded to insert my original w home premium dvd and the same thing happens I did not despair yet and moved to my bootable USB key with Win sp installed and the same thing happens In the BIOS I can see my SSD is detected but funnily enough when I go to the Asus EZ Flash option it is not detected there I'm not knowledgeable enough to know whether this is confirmation that the SSD is as dead as a dodo In the meantime I'm getting another SSD which I can try to install w on using a clean fresh install But I was wondering if anyone had ever had a similar issues where W cannot be reinstalled and whether this is the sign the drive is dead Sorry for the long post Any help amp comments appreciated djiffou

A:Re-install w7: cannot move past Starting Windows screen

Since Asus uses F8 as its one-time BIOS Boot Menu key, you must first select the hard drive, then quickly tap F8 again to access System Recovery Options.

But its best to run the Repairs from disk anyway.

If you're committed to reinstall you can rescue your files from Step 5 of Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 which steps also assure you'll get and keep a perfect install, compiling everything that's worked best in tens of thousands of installs we've directly helped with here.

Your SSD firmware may need an Upgrade.

WOrk through these steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/339615-re-install-w7-cannot-move-past-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Good evening my windows 10 was working perfectly earlier on my custom built machine but now it will only present me with the first window screen do on which is black of a blue window find after that i received a completely blank screen I know it's not the monitor and I have removed the BIOS and set everything back to default this happened last year at around the same time actually and the above steps correct the issue

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/windows-10-wont-load-past-first-screen-4606965/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello My mother s Toshiba laptop is less than a year old and has been acting up lately She doesn t download anything on it apart from windows updates but she does have it set up to use a proxy server through a legitimate service so that she can watch her beloved BBC here in the U S which is mainly all she does on the computer It suddenly started freezing sticking on the blue welcome screen with the spinning circle when she tries to boot Sometimes it acts like it s doing something sometimes it freezes I left it for upwards of half 7 load screen won't Windows past welcome on hour to see if it would finally get to the desktop but it didn t I ve tried starting it in safe mode with and without networking to no avail At one point through logging in waiting closing the laptop opening it again and such I was able to quot change user quot and login which did get me to the desktop However I wasn t able to do anything before it froze completely Ctrl Alt Delete didn t help I m hesitant to try anything else without asking someone who knows a thing or two I thought of re-formatting the hd but unfortunately don t have a windows disk Any help would be very much appreciated She s going through BBC withdrawals and I m at a loss Thank you

A:Windows 7 won't load past welcome screen

if it setup to a proxy sever that could be dangerous in it self Proxy severs attach to male ware and that sort of thing. Do you run any AV and mal ware Scanners before this happen.

You can try to see if you have a Recovery partition and perform a Startup Repair. Reference : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/

Hard Drive Manufacturers have a hard drive diagnostic tool but I need the manufacture of the HD

You can try to boot up Safe Mode with Command Prompt and use this command sfc /scannow

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422709/windows-7-wont-load-past-welcome-screen/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi Tech Support Guy Forums Turned the computer on today and Windows will not load gets as far as the black Windows XP page with the loading scroll bar Nothing happens beyond that Everything was working fine yesterday and nothing was downloaded or installed to indicate where to start looking Tried installing GB RAM last month to no avail and took it out Things have been okay since Have read some posts that suggest using the Windows install CD to repair whatever but I didn t get one with the computer only have won't screen Windows black past XP load the Windows recovery disk Specs listed below System eMachines T Desktop Windows XP AMD Sempron Processor GHz MB RAM AntiVirus Spy Malware CA Antivirus and spyware SpyBot Malwarebytes Internet Browser Road Runner High Speed FireFox Browser Juno Browser Internet Explorer don t use this as it always has problems Have run all virus spy and malware scanners Windows won't load past black XP screen today and nothing was found by any of them Any help thoughts or ideas would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

I have a 2 month old Dell Inspiron 660 running Windows 8.1.that came with windows 8 installed but I upgraded to 8.1 off the internet. Everything worked okay until I did a scan and cleaning with ccleaner. Pretty soon startup was very slow going from the Dell screen to the lock screen to the password screen to the windows welcome screen but windows would eventually load. Now the startup only goes to the welcome screen. That little circle of dots starts spinning and keeps on spinning but Windows never loads. Did I erase some registry files when I cleaned it? I got on Microsoft's live chat support who said they could fix it for 99 bucks but I don't have a dollar much less 99. Does anybody know how I could fix this for free myself?

I also wanted to know how load Dos from win 8.1 and how to boot win 8.1 in safe mode.

Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks y'all!

A:Windows 8.1 doesn't load past the welcome screen.

Hi Breedlove, Welcome to Eight forums.

Found a link for you. Step By Step How to Solve Windows 8.1 and 8 Black Screen Issue upon boot | Virtualization blog

In short, you have to go to Safe mode and disable the graphic card and monitors and then reboot. If this resolves, fine. Else, update the drivers for your graphic card.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37365-windows-8-1-doesnt-load-past-welcome-screen.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have been trying to install windows 8 to my 128GB ssd, with no luck. It seems to install fine, but once it tries to boot, it shows the splash screen, of the windows, and the dots turning, and it's gone after about 3 seconds, then the screen stays black, and nothing else loads! I have unplugged all other drives, and tried again, to no avail.

Any ideas why?

A:Windows 8 won't load past splash screen

Have you tried deleting all Partitions so as the SSD drive no partitions is actually blank
Then doing a clean install…

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/16568-windows-8-wont-load-past-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have owned my Toshiba Laptop for years and have had no problems with it I loaded Keperksy virus programme from PC user disc and the next time I turned my lapptop on it loaded and came up to a XP screen Logon Windows Load past won't logon screen for windows xp I have Windows XP won't Load past Logon screen never had this screen come up before in the years that I have owned it I have tried escape enter all the passwords that I use and noting has worked I have tried all the usernames and even the previous persons username and all I can get is the desktop screen with no icons on it if you know what I mean I downloaded boot discs and can load to the A prompt I can change this to C and even Windows but the only command that seems to work is Dir Can someone advise me as to how to get my PC back to normal I have tried to boot using F in safemode but when it loads it goes to the logon screen It loads Windows for about seconds and then logs out I have no original discs for using to reload windows xp It is the Kaspersky programme that has altered something I cannot get into my PC setup to type regedit at the run command Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Windows XP won't Load past Logon screen

I have a friend with exactly the same problem oldtoyboy - so I'll watch this thread with great interest!

I searched the forum and found this thread... but as Safe Mode does exactly what you're describing, I'm in a similar situation.

I feel it is a virus as it has occurred to two identical computers my friend is running on her home network... too coincidental and as her answer to "do you have antivirus?" was "I think so..." I'm not sure as to her level of protection before I came into the picture.

I think we'll need a virus boot disk (I think PC-Cillin used to do one years back)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-wont-load-past-logon-screen.720937/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi Team,

My Computer got stuck when i opened web browser on it. After that system hanged , i waited for 1/2 hour but  screen was stuck at one place, i tried everything but nothing works. After that i restarted the system but when welcome screen appear on system
it automatically restarted again & again. i tried in safe mode setting as well as in last working setting but the result is same. I could not able to restart again. I am using Windows XP Professional (Version 2002).  Please suggest me solution.
Shekhar Rao
(On Behalf of Harbans Mahajan)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9c116783-0cab-449e-bbac-d26e3518ba17/windows-xp-professional-will-not-load-past-welcome-screen?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 85.57%

first of all i am in my vista system as i write this because i load XP past not boot Windows screen does have HDs XP is my primary system but yesterday something happened i usually leave it on hibernation when i have to leave and come back but when i did that and turn on the pc it went just fine but after the quot windows is resuming quot nothing happened just blank so i restarted the pc Windows XP does not load past boot screen by holding the power button then i usual i see the bios screen etc then Windows XP does not load past boot screen it asks me what system i want to load i choose XP and i get the quot windows did not start normally quot so i pick start windows normal option i get the windows loading screen then nothing so i get frustrated i unplug my pc leave it for a while then restart go through the same steps bios screen systems etc after picking XP again i get the same quot windows did not start normally quot and i choose safe mode it starts ok go inside check somethings and decided to do system restore so i restore back days i restart and this time i am able to get in normally but today i had to do this at least times and now it just doesnt work i know the hard drive is ok because i can browse through it while in this system nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-does-not-load-past-boot-screen.630694/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have searched the forums for the last days but have not found a solution to the problem so here goes days ago my Windows x Home premium system worked fine I woke up the next morning and It would not load past the quot Starting Windows quot screen I have a stock ASUS Essentio series computer with Gigs of ram a Gb Western Digital Hard drive and a core intel processor I load past "Starting 7 will not Windows Windows" have tried so far I have removed the hard drive and replaced it with an older windows vista x drive I have The Windows Vista drive booted Windows 7 will not load past "Starting Windows" right up with no problem I have Booted the computer with the Vista drive as the OS drive and the Windows drive as a secondary hard drive When I did that the Windows drive showed up all the files were there but the Windows 7 will not load past "Starting Windows" problem was I could not access any of the files under my user folder access permission or something But it seems that this would show the hard drive is not fried I have tried restoring the drive to an earlier restore point but each restore point I try it says that it can not restore I have tried the windows repair option and that freezes on quot Loading windows files quot I have even tried going into the bios and booting under different drive settings Nothing By looking through this forum It appears that there is something wrong with my Windows drive booting drivers maybe Or possibly a system update that went wrong overnight and now the OS wont boot up or something else I could be completely wrong Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows 7 will not load past "Starting Windows"

Have you tried running a Disk Check on the Windows 7 drive with both boxes checked using the Vista system (I assume this is what you mean by an old Vista drive)?

It may be safer to do it through the Windows 7 Recovery Environment (RE), though. I am fairly sure Vista and 7 use the same file system, but just to be safe, better to use the RE.Use Advanced Boot Options to select Repair Your Computer and get to the System Recovery Options. Then select the command prompt. Do the following:chkdsk /r c:
chkdsk /r d:
chkdsk /r e:
chkdsk /r f:.etc until you get the message that the volume could not be opened for direct access. For any drives that do not give the message:
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems
run chkdsk again as above. In other words, if it says:
Windows has made corrections to the file system
after running the disk check, run the disk check again.

I realize you may only have one disk show up in Windows explorer, but you may have more than one disk through recovery options. This is because the system creates a hidden boot partition (which will be C: in recovery), you may have a recovery partition for your PC that is hidden (which will be D: in recovery), and you will have your primary Windows partition (which may be E: in recovery). A custom PC will likely have at least C: and D: to scan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224533-windows-7-will-not-load-past-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 85.14%

My machine was working fine I had been on it for a couple hours just doing regular internet browsing I tried to open a program EverQuest and it would open then immediately crash quot EverQuest has encountered an error quot So I figured reboot the machine After the POST to matter "Starting Windows" what past load method Unable no it tells me to either launch start up repair or start normally I chose start normally It would Unable to load past "Starting Windows" no matter what method go to the quot starting windows quot screen and the logo will not show up it just stays there Powered down and after the POST got the same options again I picked start up repair this time It would load the bar and show quot loading windows files quot or whatnot and when the bar would get completely full Unable to load past "Starting Windows" no matter what method it would freeze there My computer doesnt have a CD DVD drive I installed Windows from USB So I plugged the USB drive back into the computer and tried booting from that It would go thru the quot loading windows files quot just fine I can see the drive flashing as its being accessed When the bar filled up it would progress to quot Starting Windows quot screen and stop blinking and just sit there doing nothing Tried using Safe Mode Wouldn't load either I have not a clue what I should be looking for to even start getting it working again The only physical change I've made to the system was plugging in another monitor to my graphic card And even then I've shut down and rebooted and it's been just fine Any help advice or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

A:Unable to load past "Starting Windows" no matter what method

Check your ram.
Memory Diagnostics Tool
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
HD Diagnostic

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/190761-unable-load-past-starting-windows-no-matter-what-method.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have an acer aspire one d150. I t ried turning it on and the windows load screen blue bar just keeps going and going and wont ever load windows. I tried loading in the set up menu with last known good configuration and get the same thing, I tried loading with safe mode and get a blue screen "windows is starting up..." but it doesn't start. what can I do to get this working again? thanks*Moderator Edit: Moved topic from Windows 95/98/ME to the more appropriate forum. ~ Queen-Evie*

A:Windows xp wont load past screen with blue bar.

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475768/windows-xp-wont-load-past-screen-with-blue-bar/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi the day before the problem started my AVG picked normal in the load won't screen welcome Windows mode. past up a virus Windows won't load past the welcome screen in normal mode. alert I simply clicked quot heal quot Next time i turned on my computer windows vista Windows won't load past the welcome screen in normal mode. service pack i typed in my password in the login screen and it said quot welcome quot That apparently never changed However safe mode does allow me to log in to my profile I suspect the boot sector of the hard disk is damaged Can anyone help Thank you HijackThis log DSS was apparently not available for download Running processes C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Users Obi Desktop HiJackThis exe R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Verizon Broadband Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - FADCF - C PROGRA VERIZO VERIZO DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dll O - Toolbar Verizon Broadband Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - FADCF - C PROGRA VERIZO VERIZO DLL O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM RunOnce Launcher WINDIR SMINST launcher exe O - HKLM RunOnce Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscript O - HKLM RunOnce InnoSetupRegFile quot C Windows is-U URI exe quot REG O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Users Obi AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run rutisuyizo Rundll exe quot C Windows system mowukiwe dll quot s User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'Default user' O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Gopher Prefix O - Trusted Zone avsystemcare com O - Trusted Zone onerateld com O - Trusted Zone safetydownload com O - Trusted Zone trustedantivirus com O - Trusted Zone virusschlacht com O - Trusted Zone avsystemcare com HKLM O - Trusted Zone onerateld com HKLM O - Trusted Zone safetydownload com HKLM O - Trusted Zone trustedantivirus com HKLM O - Trusted Zone virusschlacht com HKLM O - DPF - E - D - - ED Support com Configuration Class - https activatemydsl verizon net sd Installer cab O - AppInit DLLs C W... Read more

A:Windows won't load past the welcome screen in normal mode.

Hello PlayaSP,

Quote:

DSS was apparently not available for download

Correct, and it has not been for quite some time. Have a look at our sticky topic http://www.techsupportforum.com/f174...xe-280436.html

Nor is HijackThis the preferred initial scanning tool in this forum.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/windows-wont-load-past-the-welcome-screen-in-normal-mode-368805.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello this windows wont Xp past screen splash load morning i went to use my computer and i noticed it was Xp wont load past windows splash screen frozen on the windows shutting down screen I held down the button on my laptop and then tried to restart it The dell screen comes up and then the windows screen with the rolling blue bar but it just stays at that screen It doesn t freeze since the bar is still moving but it won t go past that page I ve tried Xp wont load past windows splash screen to load it in safe mode and its gets to the windows is starting up screen and seems to stall there Last known good configuration also doesn t work I don t have a windows disk but i have the recovery council installed on my computer When i try to run that I get quot A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage If this is the first time Check for viruses and then list technical information STOP x xF D xC x x On the dell slash screen i hit f and ran a diagnostic its came back with error code msg Error code - Msg hard drive - self test unsuccessful Status Please help if you can

A:Xp wont load past windows splash screen

Hello, do you have any idea what happened that might have caused this?Try this please. You will need a USB drive.Download GETxPUD.exe to the desktop of your clean computerRun GETxPUD.exeA new folder will appear on the desktop.Open the GETxPUD folder and click on the get&burn.batThe program will download xpud_0.9.2.iso, and upon finished will open BurnCDCC ready to burn the image.Click on Start and follow the prompts to burn the image to a CD.Remove the USB & CD and insert it in the sick computerBoot the Sick computer with the CD you just burnedThe computer must be set to boot from the CDGently tap F12 and choose to boot from the CDFollow the promptsA Welcome to xPUD screen will appearPress FileExpand mntsda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDDsdb1 is likely your USBClick on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)Press Tool at the topChoose Open TerminalType the following and press enter:

dd if=/dev/sda of=mbr.bin bs=512 count=1

Press EnterAfter it has finished a file will be located on your USB drive named mbr.binRemove the USB drive and insert it back in your working computer and navigate to mbr.bin, zip it up and attach it to your next reply.This will allow me to have a look at the MasterBootRecord of your drive and see if it is infected.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417961/xp-wont-load-past-windows-splash-screen/
Relevancy 84.71%

I m running windows XP and cannot get Windows black XP past doom load screen of won't it to load past the black screen with the windows logo and the blue progress bar the screen that you see usually for just a few seconds right before your desktop pops up I ve run malwarebytes and hijackthis logs below and spybot No spybot log but it did find some things that it said were successfully removed after the scan The only thing I can get my computer to do at this point is open up in safe mode windows will load there but not during a normal start-up Any help would be greatly appreciated Hijackthis Log Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows Windows XP won't load past black screen of doom XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWSSystem smss exeC WINDOWSsystem winlogon exeC WINDOWSsystem services exeC WINDOWSsystem lsass exeC WINDOWSsystem svchost exeC Program FilesWindows DefenderMsMpEng exeC WINDOWSsystem svchost exeC WINDOWSExplorer EXEC Documents and SettingsOwnerDesktopHijackThis exeR - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Windows XP won't load past black screen of doom Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R Windows XP won't load past black screen of doom - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - f - d - - d f - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - HKLM Run SunKistEM quot C Program FilesDigital Media Readershwiconem exe quot O - HKLM Run NVMixerTray quot C Program FilesNVIDIA CorporationNvMixerNVMixerTray exe quot O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWSsystem NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWSsystem NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program FilesWindows DefenderMSASCui exe quot -hideO - HKLM Run Device Detector DevDetect exe -autorunO - HKLM Run F D v C Program FilesBelkinF D v Belkinwcui exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program FilesQuickTimeQTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program FilesiTunesiTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot C Program FilesMalwarebytes Anti-Malwarembam exe quot runcleanupscriptO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer quot C Program FilesSpybot - Search amp DestroyTeaTimer exe quot O - HKCU Run Pando C Program FilesPando NetworksPandoPando exe MinimizedO - HKCU RunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate C WINDOWSsystem MacromedFlashFlashUtil c exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program FilesAdobeAcrobat Readerreader sl exeO - Extra context menu item amp ieSpell Options - res C Program FilesieSpelliespell dll SPELLOPTION HTMO - Extra context menu item Check amp Spelling - res C Program FilesieSpelliespell dll SPELLCHECK HTMO - Extra context menu item Lookup on Merriam Webster - file C Program FilesieSpellMerriam Webster HTMO - Extra context menu item Lookup on Wikipedia - file C Program FilesieSpellwikipedia HTMO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWSsystem shdocvw dllO - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWSsystem shdocvw dllO - Extra button ieSpell - E D B - F D- fee- DF -CA EE B A - C Program FilesieSpelliespell dllO - Extra Tools menuitem ieSpell - E D B - F D- fee- DF -CA EE B A - C Program FilesieSpelliespell dllO - Extra button no name - D F - D B- aea-A -ED B FD E - C Program FilesieSpelliespell dllO - Extra Tools menuitem ieSpell Options - D F - D B- aea-A -ED B FD E - C Program FilesieSpelliespell dllO - Extra button no name - dfb a - f - c -a - cab fd a - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - dfb a - f - c -a - cab fd a - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnosticxpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - win... Read more

A:Windows XP won't load past black screen of doom

Hello [/color]

Welcome to BleepingComputer
=====================Download [color="#FF0000"]OTL to your desktop.Double click on OTL to run it.
When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.Under Custom scan's and fixes section paste in the below in bold

netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90
%systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll
Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.====================
Please download Rootkit Unhooker and save it to your desktop.Double-click RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click ScanCheck Drivers, Stealth Code, Files, and Code HooksUncheck the rest, then click OKWhen prompted to Select Disks for Scan, make sure C:\ is checked and click OKWait till the scanner has finished then go File > Save ReportSave the report somewhere you can find it, typically your desktop. Click CloseCopy the entire contents of the report and paste it in your next reply.Note - You may get this warning it is ok, just ignore it."Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!
It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/348775/windows-xp-wont-load-past-black-screen-of-doom/
Relevancy 84.71%

Yesterday all seemed to be working fine I was using my custom built PC to study One of my subject was to learn about Adobe Flash so i needed to download flash professional I downloaded this and the Adobe Creative Cloud used it for a while whilst studying then turned off my PC Today i loaded PC and found it will not load past windows login screen I enter my username and password t says welcome thinks about it for about seconds then i just get a black screen My mouse login load HELP! not past will Windows screen... 64bit 7 pointer is on the screen and i can move it around the screen but there is nothing to click on - its simply not displaying anything at all To try fix i have done this I CAN load in safe mode Everything seems normal when in safe mode In safe mode i have deleted the adobe products that i downloaded I have tried windows repair it Windows 7 64bit will not load past login screen... HELP! did somethings but then it booted W again and Windows 7 64bit will not load past login screen... HELP! same thing happened In safe mode I have tried to re-install drivers from motherboard ASUS Z -pro seemed like some worked and some didnt suppose because its in safe mode drivers are limited - same with graphics card drivers Radeon R I cant work out WTF is going on and its driving me nuts Can anyone recommend my next steps

A:Windows 7 64bit will not load past login screen... HELP!

Have you tried pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL on blank screen with mouse pointer to open task manager and start explorer.exe process?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384744-windows-7-64bit-will-not-load-past-login-screen-help.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a Toshiba Satellite C850 - 1GL laptop with windows 8.1 and every time i try to load windows i get to the login screen and the laptop crashes. I cannot enter a password to access my account, restart or anything. I have to turn the laptop off with the power button.
I managed to access the bios and used a windows 8 disk, but i can't use any of the options for example automatic repair, refresh and system restore. I get a message saying the drive where windows is installed is locked. unlock the drive and try again.
I try to use the reset pc option but I get a message saying unable to reset your pc, a required drive partition is missing.
Has anyone got any ideas?

Relevancy 84.71%

Before anyone asks I'm not sure of the system specs of the computer in question I bought it cheap off of a friend and he's doesn't remember the specs and I can't get into it to check them When I start up the computer it loads with a new loadup screen did not happen till after the problems started The screen says Asus Motherboard A N-SLI Deluxe It then goes to a screen that shows PCI device listing I'm not sure what it all is for At the bottom it says quot A disk read error has occurred quot quot Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart Occasionally it skips this screen and instead goes to the windows Splash screen but regardless of which it goes to I can't do anything else except restart the computer When I press F F or Computer past not load will windows splash screen. F it goes to either RAID Utility or Setup Utility and then I Computer will not load past windows splash screen. can't get any further with it without restarting and the aforementioned problems continue I'm fairly certain it's a virus my computer was showing signs of a virus in the days leading up to this problem but as Malwarebytes failed to show any problems with the computer when I scanned it I ignored the problems I'm also aware that all I may be able to do is wipe the harddrive and I'm fine with that I just want to be able to use it again though if it can be fixed without resorting to this I would appreciate it

A:Computer will not load past windows splash screen.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rethis

Before anyone asks I'm not sure of the system specs of the computer in question. I bought it cheap off of a friend and he's doesn't remember the specs and I can't get into it to check them.

When I start up the computer it loads with a new loadup screen (did not happen till after the problems started). The screen says Asus Motherboard A8N-SLI Deluxe. It then goes to a screen that shows PCI device listing . . . I'm not sure what it all is for. At the bottom it says "A disk read error has occurred" "Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. Occasionally it skips this screen and instead goes to the windows 7 Splash screen, but regardless of which it goes to I can't do anything else except restart the computer.

When I press F8, F10 or F11 it goes to either RAID Utility or Setup Utility and then I can't get any further with it without restarting and the aforementioned problems continue.

I'm fairly certain it's a virus, my computer was showing signs of a virus in the days leading up to this problem but as Malwarebytes failed to show any problems with the computer when I scanned it I ignored the problems. I'm also aware that all I may be able to do is wipe the harddrive, and I'm fine with that. I just want to be able to use it again, though if it can be fixed without resorting to this I would appreciate it.

Sounds like a Hard disk issue.Run chkdsk

A- CHKDSK /R /F:

Quote:
Run CHKDSK /R /F from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt.

Do this for each hard drive on your system.

When it tells you it can't do it right now - and asks you if you'd like to do it at the next reboot - answer Y (for Yes) and press Enter.

Then reboot and let the test run.

It may take a while for it to run, but keep an occasional eye on it to see if it generates any errors.

See "CHKDSK LogFile" below in order to check the results of the test.

B- Elevated Command Prompt:

Quote:
Go to Start and type in "cmd.exe" (without the quotes)

At the top of the Search Box, right click on Cmd.exe and select "Run as administrator"

C-CHKDSK LogFile:

Quote:
Go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Expand the Windows logs heading, then select the Application log file entry.

Double click on the Source column header.

Scroll down the list until you find the Chkdsk entry (wininit for Win7) (winlogon for XP).

Copy/paste the results into your next post.

Disk Check

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/203546-computer-will-not-load-past-windows-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hey there Vista forums Hoping you can help me out This week i've been having a lot of issues with Windows Vista It's been freezing blue screening refusing to boot properly and a list of other issues I've tried fix after fix and i feel as though now i've after login Vista won't load Windows past screen, many problems. just compounded the problem From the start I'd like to say that I am an OEM system builder and i have my Windows Vista won't load past login screen, after many problems. own coppy of a full windows vista bit installation CD I run two hard drives gb and gb with windows vista installed on the and nothing but games on the The issue i have right now is that i cant log in past the welcome screen It started Windows Vista won't load past login screen, after many problems. with the computer telling me upon startup that it cant load vista because winload exe was either missing or corrupt Some research showed me that it was a common problem and gave me some things to try as fixes So far i have Run Chkdsk Run Sfc scannow it didnt work Ran the startup repair from the Vista CD Tried booting in safe mode Run more Chkdsks Run MORE chkdsks Run more startup repairs each one yielding different results And somehow i've gotten the computer to turn on and bring me to the login screen However once i log in It just goes to a black screen with nothing I have researched this too and tried bringing up Task Manager and then manually rebooting Explorer exe However explorer exe windows explorer explorer Explorer Explorer exe and any other term I can think of is not working because it says it can not find the program So im sitting here staring at a black screen with task Manager Any help would be appreciated

A:Windows Vista won't load past login screen, after many problems.

Hello, well, interesting situation here, Hardware or software, If able post this log : Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
If unable , can you check your hardware please : Memory Diagnostics
and this one : HD Diagnostic

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294604-windows-vista-wont-load-past-login-screen-after-many-problems.html
Relevancy 83.85%

My Medion PC running Windows XP loads past the windows loading screen then simply goes black but the computer is still on and the screen is still active. My dual boot of Ubuntu works perfectly as does safe mode. Ive had this issue for a while but it used to turn on after i rebooted it but now it only turns on occasionally. Also I'm almost certain its got nothing to do with my hardware. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 83.42%

Hi i was windows" 7 computer windows the screen "starting My past wont get simply surfing through ESPN and youtube when I realized that my Laptop Gateway NV was running quite slowly and then after a while it completely froze I couldn t do anything nothing i did My computer wont get past the windows 7 "starting windows" screen would work So unfourtunantly i had to hard shutdown it And here s what happened after i rebooted it It comes up with two options Start My computer wont get past the windows 7 "starting windows" screen Startup Repair Recommended Start Windows Normally -I go to quot Start windows Normally quot and it goes to boot up normally but then after the Windows logo appears it just stays there and nothing happens -I go Launch Startup Repair and it says loading files but then it goes to a black screen with the logo Micosoft Corporation and nothing happens -I tried F advanced boot but it doesnt do anything -I tried safe mode with networking it says loading files and please waitt but even after mins it just stays the same -I dont have win CD Please assist me if you can I am in dire need nbsp

A:My computer wont get past the windows 7 "starting windows" screen

I think I would run memory and hard drive diagnostics. Maybe included in your BIOS (Setup) or Recovery partition or set of Recovery DVDs tools. Memtest86+ is a popular test. The hard drive manufacturer usually has the best diagnostics for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-wont-get-past-the-windows-7-starting-windows-screen.1025814/
Relevancy 82.99%

I dont know alot about computers so please bare with me. I deleted alot of old programs (such as games etc) which I do not use anymore, *through the control panel add/remove programs*, then did a virus scan, and deleted what was found, and decided to go to www.microsoft.com and get the sp3.. after I installed, when I restarted my computer later, it gave me a black screen saying that it was shut down unexpectedly, and offers safe modes, last good config, and start normally, I have tried all three options, with safe mode, it freezes the computer, with the other two, it boots to the windows logo screen, then it will restart the entire system. Is there any way to fix this? I did not get windows disks or anything like that when I bought the computer, I did create recovery disks, but have since lost one of them, so they aren't much help.

Thanks

A:[SOLVED] computer wont load past windows logo screen

lickitysplit87,

It's going to be difficlt without the XP CD, as that has the Recovery Console that we need in order to get your computer past the logo screen and into the OS.

Have a read here. If you feel confident that you can get the ISO burnt to disk, come back and we'll continue.

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showtopic=150212

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-computer-wont-load-past-windows-logo-screen-358980.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Downloading registry cleaner and ran it and it said restart i did and now i have a blue scrren cant take a pic dont have camera but ill google a pic and just post the techincal info thats different quot same message boot sign screen load dont blue from cd pc windows crash+cant past im getting but i dindt get the dll error he did but the tech info pc dont load past windows sign blue screen crash+cant boot from cd i get is Tedchincal Information STOP x F x xFFFFA EF B xFFFFFA EF E xFFFFF thats all i get under tech info the pic is just to show what type of blue screen im getting also pc dont load past windows sign blue screen crash+cant boot from cd i CANT boot from cd i dont have a option to when i restart pc i even tried going into bios but no option to change boot pattern or anything specs- Newegg com - CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GU Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX- GHz GB DDR GB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD GB Windows Home Premium -Bit sorry for link but best i could do since i dont know pc spec off head but this is one i bought i went into my recently bought

A:pc dont load past windows sign blue screen crash+cant boot from cd

As the help you need is more repair OS rather than crash debugging I've mored this to General discussion where somebody should be able help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/248982-pc-dont-load-past-windows-sign-blue-screen-crash-cant-boot-cd.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Today I was playing a game and my system did a hard lock no sound no mouse Windows Load Login 10 Wont Repeated Screen System Crashing, Past frozen image on screen this has been a problem lately as I seem to be losing system stability for a while I chalked it up to my system overheating before as I was typically able to shut the system down for a while then - mins later it would be fine However today after my PC crashed for the second Repeated System Crashing, Wont Load Windows 10 Past Login Screen time it started having trouble booting Sometimes I can hit the power button and nothing happens the power light comes on the fans work but no startup beep and the HDD light doesnt work Other times I can start it and it work like normal until it gets to the Windows login screen though most of the time it doesnt get that far before freezing then I get a hang and the HDD light turns off The fans on everything continue to work but the entire PC just freezes This PC about years old and wasnt having any trouble until the last two months This is the first time I have had this particular problem but it has been crashing quite a lot over the last two months I had looked up this issue elsewhere and it seems that no one can come to a consensus whether its the processor ram GPU or otherwise PC Specs ASUS Motherboard GB RAM Ram taken from an older PC GHZ core processor GTX Watt Power Supply Any help you can provide would be appreciated

A:Repeated System Crashing, Wont Load Windows 10 Past Login Screen

I don't know if I can help you with this, but I'll give it a try.You may also want to post over in the Internal Hardware forums to have one of the experts there take a look at this:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/  Start with these free, bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.htmlOnce you get into Windows, Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.By default it'll be a .zip file located on your DesktopSimply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/2)  Please do the following:- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."- save the file as Admin.evtx- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html Finally, while waiting for a reply, please run these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616011/repeated-system-crashing-wont-load-windows-10-past-login-screen/
Relevancy 82.13%

Help! my computer froze and the mouse wasnt moving so i shut it down and turned it on. the screen wouldnt project at all even though i heard the sound. i had to unplug the vgi core and plug it back on. the screen appears on and then it did some kinda 3 step c disk check. after that it froze on desktop again and i restarted. this time, it wouldnt load pass microsoft corp screen with screen bar. i waited forever. i tried starting it in safe modes but it gets stuck loading the .sys file idk wut to do at all i heard bout bios mode and that could be the problem but idk how to use it. plz help!!! thnx i have a gateway pc

64x bit built in nividia ge force 7100 but the one im currently using is a new series probaby 8600. 4g ram and 640gb 2.5gh dual core

A:Windows vista wont load past microsoft corp loading screen

See if you can boot to repair options
you create a recovery DVD, you may be able to boot to recovery options
Create Recovery DVD

The Vista recovery disk is used to boot Vista when it won't boot - to run Startup Repair, System Restore, access a Command Line, Recover using a Vista Backup Image, etc.
System Recovery Options

If Vista will not start now, boot the Recovery CD to run Startup Repair which automates System Restore as well as numerous other tests including System File Checker which can repair system files which are not corrupted beyond repair.

If Vista still will not start, try booting into Safe Mode to run sfc /scannow to repair System files.
Special Thanks Given to Seven Forums.

Below is a bulletin distributed by MS to explain the start up procedure when Windows will not boot.
Startup Repair. Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain problems, such as missing or damaged system files, that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair is located on the System Recovery Options menu, which is on the Windows Vista installation disc. If your computer has preinstalled recovery options, it might also be stored on your computer's hard disk. For more information, see Startup Repair: frequently asked questions and What are the system recovery options in Windows Vista? If your computer does not include Startup Repair, your computer manufacturer might have customized or replaced the tool. Check the information that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer's website.Change restart settings in safe mode. If your computer is stuck in a loop where Windows fails, attempts to restart, and then fails again repeatedly, restart your computer in safe mode and select the Disable automatic restart on system failure checkbox. For more information, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).Reinstall. If no other options have solved the problem, and you are sure that your computer's hardware is functioning normally, you might need to reinstall Windows. A custom (clean) installation of Windows will permanently delete all of the files on your computer and reinstall Windows, so only use this option if all other recovery options have been unsuccessful. After the installation, you will need to reinstall your programs and restore your files from backup copies. For more information, see Installing and reinstalling Windows**.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/287270-windows-vista-wont-load-past-microsoft-corp-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 82.13%

problem: windows will not boot past the "starting windows" screen. The processor gets really hot as if its trying to do something but it never makes it to the desktop.

When I launch startup repair, the automatic startup repair tool always fails to fix the problem (surprise)
When I view the problem details, I get this:

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 1: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 2: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 3: unknown
Problem Signature 4: 55
Problem Signature 5: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 6: 1
Problem Signature 7: NoRootCause
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

My computer: Compaq Presario Cq62-238DX Notebook
Windows Home Premium

Ran chkdsk, no problems
tried a clean boot (no startup programs), did not get past windows startup screen
it boots into safe mode just fine, but I don't know what to do from there
tried repairing the boot sector. That didn't work.

Not sure where to take it at this point. Please help.

A:windows will not boot past the "starting windows" screen.

Did you try the Windows 7 DVD. It has a repair option too. (I'm not sure which repair you are referring to).

In my experience the repair option in the Windows 7 DVD fixes pretty much everything. If you have tried this and the problem still persists, I'm afraid that this could be a hardware problem. See if you can take it to the service center.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-will-not-boot-past-the-starting-windows-screen.976997/
Relevancy 82.13%

I'm using a dell inspiron 1440 laptop, recently replaced my internal hard drive with a new solid state drive. It was working fine until today when I tried to boot my laptop up, and it gave me a BSOD before reaching the "Starting Windows" screen. Subsequent attempts at selecting the Startup repair and start windows normally options only gave me "failed to repair", and the windows logo getting stuck respectively. Safe mode cannot be started. However, when I tried to launch startup repair from my win 7 installation disk, I found that my HDD is not detected by my laptop. Subsequently, my laptop has also told me to reseat my hard drive. I reseated it a few times, but it did not solve the problem. Diagnostics ran on my laptop did not identify any problems. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows 7 unable to get past "Starting Windows" screen

Have a look at this tutorial:

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/276645-windows-7-unable-get-past-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hey yesterday I got some sort of spyware or bug and my computer started acting funny so I turned it off and upon turning it back on I couldn't get it to boot. I've tried all the safe modes, tried booting from the windows 7 dvd to repair or reinstall the os but it won't make it past the starting windows screen. I suspect that the master boot files have been removed or corrupted by the virus (which was called "guo" in my task manager). So I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:windows 7 won't boot past "starting windows" screen

You should post this information in the System Security forum.

Start a new thread and someone will help you.

Edit: it's moved.

Definitely agree with Borg and Golden, AV Rescue Disk is the best place to start.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/163559-windows-7-wont-boot-past-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi I really hope someone can help me I have a fujitsu lifebook with windows on it I had an error message pop up when i tried to click on google chrome this morning so I closed it and attempted to re-start my laptop then AVG pops up telling me I have a virus so I allowed it to quot clear quot said virus I then wont screen and cursor with page, windows stuck load black Laptop past restarted my laptop and it would not go to the login page I attempted system repair to no avail I then allowed chkdsk to run and there were a lot of quot security ID repairs quot I have also tried f and booting from my windows installation disk Non of Laptop wont load past windows page, stuck with black screen and cursor these options have worked I get the fujitsu screen then the windows loading screen then instead of the log in screen which would be next I get a black screen with the cursor visable and you can move the cursor but nothing else works and no keyboard shortcuts work someone please help I've been told to restore the OS but i cannot afford to lose all the files on my laptop

A:Laptop wont load past windows page, stuck with black screen and cursor

Since AVG 'cleaned' a virus - all bets r off as the problem could be a leftover from the virus. apparently, a (some) system files r damaged. Going forward, u might not want to run normally as an admin user. That helps keep malware from invisibly installing if the AV does not catch it. 1. have u tried booting to safe mode? If u can get there try this clk Start - type CMD -- rt clk cmd.exe and select Run as Admin when the dos window opens type 'sfc /scannow' let it run retry boot when done. 2. If u can't get there or that doesn't work put ur windows CD in and boot to that. Run the repair install - or it might be called upgrade. Just do NOT do a CLEAN install. That will not erase any of your data. 3. If that does not work If u get a Hiren's boot disk, or something similar. U can boot to that and most likely copy ur data from the drive prior to doing a clean install. This assumes the drive isn't corrupt which appears to be true since it gets to the Windows screen. 4. If not u will have to remove the drive and connect it to another computer as an external HDD to copy the data. 5. If none of the above works - u have come to the complete understanding of the word BACKUP................ good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/295857-laptop-wont-load-past-windows-page-stuck-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 81.27%

So I have been messing around with this HELP Drive screen!! Recovery a Creating logo not an that past for will load Windows the 8 Dell Inspiron laptop for weeks now trying to figure out how to get it back to normal loading and everything Creating a Windows 8 Recovery Drive for an Inspiron that will not load past the Dell logo screen!! HELP What happened at first was that my husband noticed the computer was very slow in responce to just about Creating a Windows 8 Recovery Drive for an Inspiron that will not load past the Dell logo screen!! HELP everything We checked internet connections and nothing helped Well one night he shut it down and the next day when he tried to turn it on it would state quot Checking Media Fail quot then change to another screen that said quot No Boot Device Found Press any key to reboot the machine quot nbsp After nbsp attempting to reboot the machine these same notifications came nbsp up over and over nbsp nbsp So I researched tons of forums on tips of how to get it quot re-booted quot This was a few weeks ago so I dont remember exactly what I did I changed boot options this and that and nothing helped However the absolute last thing I did was changed something to quot Intel Smart Response quot and now my computer will NOT move past the Dell logo even f and f wouldnt work nbsp The loading bar under the nbsp Dell logo will pop up but nbsp it will say like that I have tried nbsp waiting it out for hours and nothing changes My brother did try a Recovery USB but he forgot that my laptop is Windows and his is so needless to say that didnt work at all nbsp So my nbsp problem is now nbsp that I need to create that Recovery USB thing I was not aware that I should have made this as soon as my computer came in I have never heard of anything like this before until now So my questions are How can I get my Dell to function properly and get back on track How can I make the Recovery USB without a working laptop Can I create the USB with a friends windows Can someone HELP ME

A:Creating a Windows 8 Recovery Drive for an Inspiron that will not load past the Dell logo screen!! HELP

"Checking Media" and "No Boot Device Found" sounds like it's trying to boot from the DVD drive but not finding a Windows system disk.  You can try putting one in the drive.  If you don't have a Windows 8 system disk, you'll have to keep trying the F12 bypass (keep pressing it repeatedly...don't hold or only press once) to get you into boot options, and then make sure you select your hard drive.  You should be able to request a system disk from Dell (and you should anyway...even if you do recover from the USB drive).
ALSO: please remember that, unless you made an image of your hard-drive or used backup software, your "recovery" options will be limited to repairing the existing installation or reinstalling altogether.  If you reinstall, you could lose your files and settings.
For what it's worth,  my Inspiron started acting up after about a year (Windows 7) with overheating on high-demand programs (even with a cooling pad, plenty of ventilation and a desktop fan blowing on it).  That was followed by the slow performance you described and now I'm getting a "hard drive failure" error. 
I've seen other users report the similar issues with their Inspirons on these forums (and others) so I think we just got stuck with a lemon .  Hope you have better luck with yours....I've pretty much given up on mine and moved back to my old desktop.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19566236
Relevancy 80.41%

XP won't load past splash screen only in safe mode I was working on my load only. inetavirus past splash safe Suspect wont screen XP Windows infection mode laptop last night no problems I shut down normally and return a few hours later now the thing wont start past XP splash screen the little blue bars moves across the screen forever the only way I can get my system going is to start in safe mode The last time I ran the system I did not install any new hardware or software I have been battling some spyware recently namely one called Antivirus from inetavirus com I removed it via Malwarebytes the other day it came back once I removed it again and it seems to be gone still What can I do to fix this I also cannot run Malwarebytes in safe mode whenever I do it it freezes my about a minute into the scan on a the follwing item c windows system msobjs dll I will post a HJT log below just incase it helps Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe Windows wont load past XP splash screen safe mode only. Suspect inetavirus infection C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www accuvisionvideo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www gateway com g startpage h s PTB amp M MP R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - Hosts localhost O - Hosts security microsoft com O - Hosts inetavirus com O - Hosts www inetavirus com O - BHO no name - f c -f a - f -b e -cd c b d - no file O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exe O - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe O - HKLM Run SMSERIAL C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet Wireless O - HKLM Run MSKDetectorExe C Program Files McAfee SpamKiller MSKDetct exe uninstall O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Lexmark Series quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Ru... Read more

A:Windows wont load past XP splash screen safe mode only. Suspect inetavirus infection

Hello and welcome to TSF.

HijackThis is no longer the preferred initial analysis tool in this forum

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-wont-load-past-xp-splash-screen-safe-mode-only-suspect-inetavirus-infection-383349.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi everyone, my dell computer first started getting some battery problems where the adapter was unable to charge the battery but the laptop would maintain the same level of power while plugged in, and if unplugged would die immediately. This problem coincided with network adapter problems where my computer could not properly connect to wireless networks. Now after logging on my laptop will not go past the windows starting screen. I have replaced my battery and my laptop is able to recharge but the starting screen problem persists and makes my laptop unusable. I am unable to start in safe mode and repairs don't seem to work. Any suggestions?

A:Windows won't go past "starting windows screen"

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).

systeminfo:
Please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "systeminfo.exe >%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the syteminfo.txt file. If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back. Then zip up the .txt file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/297591-windows-wont-go-past-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi guys So i tried installing windows Home Premium using an empty HDD The to 7 get after windows" Vista to Unable upgrade past "Starting screen old OS was Vista and it was located in the same HDD I managed to install Windows successfully but when booting after the install it crashed right after the quot starting windows quot screen It then Unable to get past "Starting windows" screen after Vista to 7 upgrade gives me the choise between starting the startup repair tool or to start windows normally When i run the startup repair tool Unable to get past "Starting windows" screen after Vista to 7 upgrade it can not fix the problem I've tried different HDD but the problem still persists The fact that I haven't got a clue what to do really annoys me In addition it isn't even my own pc My dad's vista started failing on him So I figured Hey why not install windows using my old disk from a pc I don't use anymore I appreciate all help Specs MB ASUS P N-D Unable to get past "Starting windows" screen after Vista to 7 upgrade CPU Intel Core Quad Q GHz GPU XFX GeForce GTX HDD Samsung Spinpoint T GB SATA RAM Corsair Twin X DDR Mb Mb PSU Corsair W

A:Unable to get past "Starting windows" screen after Vista to 7 upgrade

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip22

Did you (as is recommended) delete the existing Vista partition first?

It was seperated in two parts. One with Vista in, and one for other files. I cleaned the whole thing, and deleted the part where Vista was located. I think it was seperated into one part with 208 Gigs and one with 25 gigs. The smallest with the OS in. The HDD works on my own computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-get-past-starting-windows-screen-after-vista-to-7-upgrade-549280.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hey guys I appreciate you reading this you have no idea how great having forums like this is where Cant get "Starting (Malware) past Screen Windows" we can help each other out I have gotten a virus and within minuets it got worst My antivirus was not updated and the security was (Malware) Cant get past "Starting Windows" Screen low so when I got the virus I downloaded malware bytes on my desktop put it on a USB drive and tried to install it on the laptop I could not add a USB drive My next step was to hook the HD up to the desktop and add it that way the problem with that I had to activate the sata port via bios and when that sata port was activated it would boot that port as master everytime the weird thing is even if I hooked the desktop sata to the second port it would load the laptop drive first everytime it did not matter what port This is besides the point because I dont even think this method will work because like I said in the title the HD will not load past the quot Starting Windows quot screen and when in safe mode it will not load all the system files the malware obviously deleted some important files The next step I am going to take is inserting the windows cd and trying a system restore What do you guys think Am I at the point where I will loose all of my important files by doing a reinstallation or is there a way to save those files Thanks guys nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-cant-get-past-starting-windows-screen.1042656/
Relevancy 77.83%

As stated in the title, my computer hangs at the "Starting Windows" screen.
I'm using an iMac 9.1, with a bootcamp partition on Windows 7. (I can't access my Mac OS X partition at all).
I don't have a Windows 7 Installation disk or any peripheral disks.

I left my computer on all night and when. I woke up the next morning only to find out my computer just had a BSOD. I force shut down my computer then it just hung at the "starting windows' screen. Im assuming its a driver problem, since I can log in using safe mode. Also startup repair doesnt work, it just gives my a black screen.

I've been working on this for 5 hours now, and i can't figure out a way to fix this problem. Reply ASAP

A:Can't go past "Starting Windows" screen.

If you can't access the mac OS and Windows is on the same hard drive - it makes me suspect that the HDD is fubar.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-go-past-starting-windows-screen.1082983/
Relevancy 77.83%

Using Win 7 x64, Intel i7 965, Asus Rampage 2, 32gb memory, 2 Intel ssd running RAID 0, 2 Seagate 500gb drives RAID 1. Had the Seagate hard drives fail, but were under warranty and they replaced them. Do NOT have them on-line at present time. Have tried to re-install system (had upgrade DVD for Win 7), but was not able to get the system to recognize the DVD because I can't get to OS. Am unable to get the system to do anything. Have checked BIOS to make sure drives are RAID. Since hardware comes up and ssd's come up,and graphics seems to be ok, am unable to figure out problem. Any ideas, anybody?

Thanks

A:Can't get past '"Starting Windows" screen

I'm assuming you had the two Intel SSD's RAID as your Win7 drive, and the two Seagates which failed were a Data RAID. So why do you need to reinstall the OS? Just reinstall the Seagates in a RAID if you want.

If the SSD's were not the OS RAID then why not? Install Win7 to them to get best performance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/255146-cant-get-past-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have an said laptop and it won't start at all anymore, I turn it on and I get the said logo screen then it goes to "starting windows" screen and freezes with like a fuzzy blue line on top of the screen. I used my recovery CD and tried all 3 reformatting options and nothing works, after all 3 it just restarted my laptop and it continued to have the same problem again. Starting to get really frustrated lol, anyone had this problem before?

Relevancy 77.83%

hello everybody i m kinda new to the site i found it while searching my problem on google anyways i have a compaq presario laptop with windows get cannot starting screen is up..." "windows past xp home edition sp installed I had left my computer at the desktop screen to go do something and when I came back avast antivirus cannot get past "windows is starting up..." screen had come up with a message saying that one of my files was infected with a trojan i believe the file was stored in the system or system folder anyways it had reccomended me to move the file to avast s quot virus chest quot so I did and i went ahead and worked on my laptop as normal then after shutting my computer down cannot get past "windows is starting up..." screen and starting it back up later in the day i found that my laptop would not load any further than the blue quot windows is starting up quot screen i let it sit there for about mins so then i went to my desktop and started researching my problem on google i tried going into safe mode but it still gets stuck at the same screen i tried the option for booting with the last good settings and that didnt work then I found an article on this site that reccomended doing an xp repair with xp install cd i did that step by step and that still did not do the trick it still hangs at the quot windows is starting up quot screen even in safe mode i m getting a bad feeling that I am going to have to format the hd There s alot of data on my laptop that I didn t have backed up so I was wondering if you guys had any other ideas that I could try to get this thing booting properly again before I have to resort to formatting if there isn t anything i can do is there a reccomended process that i can do to backup my data before formatting the hd and reinstalling any help or suggestions would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Just like the title says I had used my computer a few days ago and it worked fine then the next time I tried to start it up it would just take me to the get the past screen, Windows" help!! please "Starting Cannot Windows error Cannot get past the "Starting Windows" screen, please help!! recovery screen or start windows but would never load past the starting windows screen The error recovery menu Cannot get past the "Starting Windows" screen, please help!! helped me none whatsoever I also had not previously created a restore point so it's not possible to restore my system to and earlier date when it was working properly To make matters worse I cannot seem to locate any of the discs software that came with the computer If possible I would just do a system format because that looks like my only option after trying numerous fixes The problem is I have important documents and lots of family videos that are still on the Cannot get past the "Starting Windows" screen, please help!! hard drive that I had not backed up externally I'm assuming something crashed and this is what is preventing my computer from starting up properly If anyone could provide me with some sort of insight on how I could fix this big mess it would be greatly appreciated Cheers

A:Cannot get past the "Starting Windows" screen, please help!!

win7 recovery environment->startup repair. Does it find any error (click view diagnostics results). 0x0 means no errors. Any errors?
win7 recovery environment->command prompt

Code:
dir c:
dir d:
dir e:
Now you know drive leter of OS drive in recovery environment. Assume it's E

Code:
chkdsk/f e:
Post results.

Can you boot in safe mode? If not, tell me exactly what's happening then

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/267552-cannot-get-past-starting-windows-screen-please-help.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I bought my laptop about months ago came with Windows Bit on it Worked fine until this morning I started it up and it goes until the Starting Windows screen and freezes I have tried numerous different things system restore didn't work F on startup and quot Fix Errors quot didn't work messed with a bunch of the settings you Windows" "Starting Please! Help Cannot past get Screen. get to from TAB F F on startup still Help Please! Cannot get past "Starting Windows" Screen. nothing It didn't come with a Windows install CD and I pretty much gave up on it so I went to do a system recovery and wipe everything fresh I cannot even do it because when I try to do system recovery it still goes to the windows screen and freezes I downloaded and burned an ISO file to boot off of which works for a second then straight back to the windows screen and freezes I can still start up in safe mode in fact I am writing this from safe mode right now Is there anything to do Please help and thank you in advance

A:Help Please! Cannot get past "Starting Windows" Screen.

boot into safe mode,press f8, try" boot to last know good config" or if that doesn't work, try booting to an older restore point from safe mode. the way to do this when in safe mode: run/cmd/rstrui.exe. this has worked for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/78835-help-please-cannot-get-past-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi there, I am running windows Vista. When I turn the computer on it stops at the screen where there is the windows vista background and the words "Loading".
I'm not sure what information I should post here, so if you think you can help me just ask me what you would like me to tell you about the situation and I will reply quickly - hopefully.
Thanks for your time and effort.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-load-past-loading-screen.852700/
Relevancy 75.25%

Before I went to bed the night before I noticed that it was taking abnormally long to for the contents of my Skyrim folder but it is nearly GB so I didn't think it was too suspicious But when I woke up today when I turn on the computer it goes to a black screen with white text and I have options to choose from Launch startup repair recommended Start Windows normally If I try to start windows normally it just Can't Windows' get past 'Starting gets stuck at the Starting Windows image with the logo If I launch startup repair I tried doing a system restore but for some reason if i saw correctly it is only for D and not C which my OS is on Also it didn't work and now the Can't get past 'Starting Windows' noise coming from my computer sounds less pleasing I would really appreciate it if someone knew what could be causing this problem and how to diagnose it Personally I suspect my hard drive might be malfunctioning I hope I don't lose all my files Thank you for taking the time to read this

A:Can't get past 'Starting Windows'

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

Do you have your Windows 7 CD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-get-past-starting-windows-699018.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi guys,
So recently my computer has started behaving weirdly. This has never happened before and I find it weird because I haven't changed any settings.
So the problem is that when I restart or turn on my laptop, everything works fine until the welcome screen. I can the the hp logo at the start, the starting windows screen but then the screen is blank (instead of the welcome screen) and all I see is my mouse which I can move around. After 40-50 seconds, the laptop restarts and this continues 3-4 times. Finally windows loads.
This even happens when I try to boot into safe mode. I don't understand whats causing the problem here.
I have attached what i can see (Starting Windows) and can't see (Welcome, only black screen with movable mouse) . Can anyone help me out here? I'm on Win7Pro.
Thanks!

A:Windows 7 doesn't go past Starting Windows

Does it happen with clean boot?
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/97133-windows-7-doesnt-go-past-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I'll try to make this very short I cleaned my keyboard about a week ago by vacuuming it and wiping Windows, Starting won't 7 or past CLASSPNP boot Win it down with some baby wipes After that I've been having a lot of Win 7 won't boot past Starting Windows, or CLASSPNP issues My main issue is that my computer has gradually been taking longer to boot up and now it's getting stuck at Starting Windows screen When it WAS booting it would get stuck at installing updates after shutting down or sometimes wouldn't let me open my control panel to do a system restore I've ran my virus software and I got some tracking cookies that were deleted which I believe to have been from sites I had open streaming videos while it ran It was taking about - minutes to boot to the login screen alone then about - minutes to get to my actual desktop Currently my PC isn't booting past the Starting Windows screen I've tried multiple things like spamming F to run in safe mode repair my computer safe mode with networking and currently trying safe mode with command prompt When starting in safe mode it gets stuck at CLASSPNP SYS and takes about minutes to load into safe mode I've read that when starting in safe mode with command prompt and entering quot rstrui exe quot opens the System Restore option Currently I've been sitting here for about minutes until it finally loaded and sitting here for an additional minutes as it quot loads quot My computer came pre-installed with Windows and I want to do a factory condition restore to get it back I don't mind losing all my files as I don't have anything truly important Just about - games from Steam I don't even really play that I'd just have to re-install and a couple images I could grab from e-mails My parents have a Windows install disc I'm sure from their HP they bought a year or so ago but I don't see how that would help me as I don't know the specific serial key for my Windows copy as it was pre-installed Forgot to mention I tried the run from last known good config option and it just sat at the windows starting screen as well Halp pl x Edit - I lied I found a disc copy of Windows and I'M GLAD I didn't do a factory restore I forgot I had ONE item I truly want that I would've been upset to lose My text copy of item sales profits on Steam

A:Win 7 won't boot past Starting Windows, or CLASSPNP

Work through the steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot including the hardware tests since you might have gotten a static burst from vacuum.

You can test if the OS and /or Hard drive are responsible and thereby clear the rest of the hardware by running for awhile with a boot disk like Peppermint3 - Create Live CD/DVD/USB To Use For Emergency Backup - Windows 7 Forums If it still bogs then disable the HD in BIOS setup to see if it clears up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/347220-win-7-wont-boot-past-starting-windows-classpnp.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I came to my computer and the screen looked pixelated I manually restarted my computer and the Computer 'starting windows' boot past will not fun started The computer boots up to 'starting windows' at which time it either restarts itself or it hangs at a black screen never booting I can access safe mode with networking Things I have tried Reinstalling Nvidia drivers manually and using specific programs Reformating x over Trying earlier versions of drivers Putting video card in another computer and receiving same results Checked the ntbtlog txt that shows no nvidia drivers are able to load Moving PCI-E slots and using other psu Computer will not boot past 'starting windows' cords Trying different versions of windows home ultimate etc Removing video card removing drivers re installing drivers and reinserting video card After reformating i updated windows and ever driver before the nvidia drivers Removed CMOS for a few minutes The second computer is has an older PSU so I am not sure if it is the PSU that can no longer power the video card or the card itself The PSU i was using is a w the second computer giving the same Computer will not boot past 'starting windows' issue has a w I can not pinpoit what caused this only that my computer was running fine left for a few hours came back and it had restarted and was pixelated but i could still see the log in screen

A:Computer will not boot past 'starting windows'

try the following link and see if it helps ya out any:

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/348668-computer-will-not-boot-past-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Computer just turned off automatically today and it will not load past the begining load screen with the Alien Head load screen where you can press f2 and enter setup or f12 to boot options. I cannot load safe mode or remove the battery as it does not have any place to access it.
Windows 7. Alienware m14x.

A:Alienware Laptop wont load past Alien Head Load Screen

Any fans running, any post beeps? Your laptop does not have a CMOS battery. Try removing the chargeable battery and power adapter. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Plug in just the power adapter and try powering up the machine again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/alienware-laptop-wont-load-past-alien-head-load-screen-660209.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Acer Aspire 5532-5534
Windows 7 Home Premium

I can't get the laptop to boot past the glowing window logo that says "Starting Windows". It doesn't freeze it just hangs there forever. I tried booting into safe mode and it hangs at windows\system32\drivers\atipcie.sys and then restarts.

I don't need to save anything on the computer so easiest way to get it up and running will work. I don't have any discs to restore.

Thank you in advance.

A:can't get laptop to boot past starting windows logo

Sure you don't mind to loose everything?!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/241106-cant-get-laptop-boot-past-starting-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 72.67%

My windows media center desktop refuses to get past the windows blue screen with the words "windows is starting up"  what do I do in order to get it to start up again.  I did a few system recover test with these results"Failed, test:  Shortself test, Error code Hd521-2w.  It also said it would not recommend a system recovery.  This problem only began one night when my windows media center desktop said it had fixed a file.  How do I fix my desktop such that it gets past the windows is starting up screen

A:My computer refuses to get past blue windows is starting up ...

Skulldragon7 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about your PC not starting and wanted to help. I wish I had good news for you -- but I don't, as this sounds a lot like the hard drive has failed, which is to be expected if this XP-era PC still has the original drive. We have some troubleshooting setps for testing the drive but they only work on the newer PCs. What might work is pressing Esc, or F1, or F2, when you boot to see if any of those get you into a Setup screen, and if they do, choose to run the diagnostics from there to check out the drive. If the drive has failed, there is additional bad news (sorry!) -- in that HP long ago quit stocking recovery media for XP-era machines, so there is nothing you can order from HP to restore your PC to a new drive. Since HP no longer provides Recovery Media for your model, a couple of other sites you should check are: http://www.computersurgeons.com/  and http://www.restoredisks.com/And, if that is not enough bad news, my guess is that the hard drive in your XP machine has something known as an IDE interface.  You can tell by looking at the back of the drive where the data cable connects.  If that is a wide flat cable (about 2 inches wide) and there are a bunch of small pins where it connects to the drive, then it IS an IDE drive and those are nearly impossible to find anymore, as the drive industry switched over to manufacturing SATA drives some years back. Sorry ... but it's time to think seriously about moving on to a newer PC. Good LuckI am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.========================================================================If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/My-computer-refuses-to-get-past-blue-windows-is-starting-up/td-p/5589090
Relevancy 72.67%

i put on my laptop but it wont go past the (starting windows screeen)........i tried (launch start-up repair) but
it cant detect my os......i dont have any restore points and no recovery image........i also tried the (rstrui.exe
command in the cmd prompt) but it couldnt detect my os also......can some one help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-but-it-wont-go-past-the-starting-windows-screeen.1069788/
Relevancy 72.67%

My Windows start-up is pretty decent after I log-in to my user account What s taking too long is the quot Windows Is Starting Up quot screen It takes about mins or so Up" Starting Load To Too Is Takes Screen Solved: Long "Windows before the log-in screen shows up Anyway here s what happened prior to this event My Windows XP OS has just been repaired due to a stop error Solved: "Windows Is Starting Up" Screen Takes Too Long To Load One of my RAM Solved: "Windows Is Starting Up" Screen Takes Too Long To Load cards I have two installed previously has also been removed because the technician deemed that it was the cause of the stop error Now my question is is it the cause of the slow down I mean having a smaller RAM I m thinking that it could be the cause but I m having second thoughts because I only had RAM card installed way back but the stalling of the quot Windows is starting up quot screen never happened I ve Solved: "Windows Is Starting Up" Screen Takes Too Long To Load had a slow running PC yes but I never had to wait that long for the quot log-in quot screen to show up seconds tops I only have GB free space now which is small but I ve had a smaller free space GB before but then again the stalling I mentioned has never happened until now Any solution to this problem nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

Hey guys kinda new here hopefully I m posting this in the right forum section I m not that super oriented with computers I ll give it my best shot to explain what s going on here In short my PC just won t start The light turns on it boots up and then I get a black screen with text referring to either quot Start Up Repair recommended quot or quot Start windows normally quot If I choose start windows normally it brings me to the black booting screen with the windows flag then it proceeds to go back and restart the system going back to the black screen OR More likely it just stays stuck on the glowing windows flag This also occurs if I press F and go into safe mode After listing all the components before going into safe mode it simply restarts itself and goes right back to the black screen of the two choices If issue 7 drive boot past possible won't hard Windows" Windows "Starting I select Start up repair a grey loading bar appears below that on occasion freezes If I manually reset the computer try it again I get to a blue windows default background screen Windows 7 won't boot past "Starting Windows" possible hard drive issue and the message quot Startup Repair Your computer was unable to start Startup repair is checking your system for problems If problems are found Startup Repair will fix them automatically Your computer might restart several times during this process Windows 7 won't boot past "Starting Windows" possible hard drive issue No changes will be made to your personal files or information This might take several minutes Searching for problems this is beneath a blue bar that has been going on for at least an hour There s also a Dos window that reads X windows system cmd exe Anyone Windows 7 won't boot past "Starting Windows" possible hard drive issue have any idea of what I have to do A friend of mine thinks I may have to reinstall the operating system or get a new hard drive entirely NOTE My friend did in fact advise me of burning UBUNTU onto a disc booting my PC on that and then try to copy all of my data onto a portable hard drive This worked briefly and it would take forever It said it would require hours just to transfer four jpg images to my External hard drive After getting as much as I could UBUNTU froze I restarted it and now while in UBUNTU it won t detect my hard drive at all I have also attempted to make my defunct hard drive a slave to no avail which mostly just fails to boot the master hard drive My issue though is how would I take all of my things out of the hard drive before installing a new OS adding a new Hard drive thanks for the help I have a custom built PC with windows Operating system I believe it has a one terabyte hard drive - gigs of ram I can t get the specs on it because I can t get it working to find that information out nbsp

A:Windows 7 won't boot past "Starting Windows" possible hard drive issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-wont-boot-past-starting-windows-possible-hard-drive-issue.1138072/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello everyone,

I am running Windows XP media edition on my Toshiba Qosmio Laptop. Currently when I startup I can get only as far as the windows starting screen with the little timer bar flowing but it never goes any farther. All I can do is power off and then start in safe mode.

I have tried system restore to several points in the past to no avail. I think the problem may be to do with display drivers as it started shortly after installing Battlefield 2 (a little too advanced for my machine!!) which comes with some nvidia drivers. I have re-installed the drivers that came with the PC and this hasn't worked.

Any ideas very gratefully received.

Thanks
Matt

Relevancy 70.95%

Windows 7 won't boot past logo. Will not repair when selected. Running in safe mode stops at Loaded:\windows\system32\drivers\disk.sys. Have tried to reload windows 7 and it says files are loading then comes back to the same point and locks at the windows logo. HELP! PLEASE!

A:windows 7 won't load past logo

aveator1
I see you have been a member for sometime, but as this is shown as your first post
Welcome to Tech Support Guy
I would suspect the hard drive at best or another hardware fault -
Run a disk check utility from dos
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-wont-load-past-logo.1082900/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can help me out.
So my computer is less then a year old. And I was playing on my computer last night and this morning. But I decided I better give it a quick clean out.
So I turned everything off and opened the case up and dust it up a bit.
Put it back together and stuck and cables back it.
Turn it back on. And now it won't load past the UEFI BIOS utility- EZ mode.
Everytime I save and exit, it just keeps on coming back to this page. And I'm not sure why.
I didn't take any of the components out or anything like that.
It's Windows 10
But it just won't load to the main screen anymore and not sure why.
If someone could help that would be amazing.
THANKS! ?/p>

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/wont-load-past-windows-bios-4602193/
Relevancy 70.95%

okay, so today when i tried to use my computer, the computer stops at the windows 7 welcome screen, after the user is selected. some things to note. i did connect a different primary drive and use this one as a secondary. it loaded just fine, so its something on the hard drive, second, the drive IS virus free, i ran a scan with it as a secondary. another thing to note is the computer does not freeze. it looks like its trying to load something, it turns black for a second then it turns back to the welcome screen for awhile, and repeat.

i am aware that this "should" be a problem relating to video drivers, however because i cannot boot the computer, i cannot install the new drivers.
another thing, i CANNOT boot into safe mode, same problem, i tried all options, no known restore points, and finally, the startup repair finds nothing wrong

A:windows 7 wont load past "welcome"

Have you tried booting minus the second drive?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387834/windows-7-wont-load-past-welcome/
Relevancy 70.52%

ok put a new MOBO in my area m to fix a not booting problem the occured from a suspecting power surge while i as deployed overseas problem was fixed some what now it POST Alienware XP load load won't screen past and everything but when it get to the XP load screen with the blue bar that bounces back and forth it shuts down i try to re boot it gives the normal xp not shut down normal and the normal choices i try to boot in any option even safe mode it repeats the Alienware won't load past XP load screen problem swapped HD MEM CMOS bat when using the respawn kit norton ghost of HD at date of shipment of CPU i got with the cpu it will reload xp but doesn t fix the problem if i try and load a fresh copy of xp it won t even get pas tthe first portaion or the install before it shuts down cpu specs pro intel p ram gforcego graphis dual hd i g and i g non raid prolem even exsist in RAID or i am suspecting a corrupt file load somewhere in the thread but the guy fixing it suspects hardware Help please this problemhas got me a witts end nbsp

A:Alienware won't load past XP load screen

Pay more attention to your typing...

Your going to have to strip down the system to bare minimum hardware. Set the bios to failsafe defaults, use on-board video if you have it. Remove any USB devices and any add-in PCI cards like a NIC, sound card and use only 1 stick of RAM for the Windows fresh install

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/alienware-wont-load-past-xp-load-screen.82339/
Relevancy 70.52%

I recently installed windows XP mode onto my computer, and after shutting it down and having the updates for that install I booted directly into an Ubuntu live disc, and restored the main Windows MBR.

When I had done that, and rebooted, windows won't load past the CLASSPNP.sys file, and I don't know how to fix it.

It's an Asus notebook - no CD drive, and there isn't a windows recovery environment, as Asus are idiots and decided to replace it with their own version that reinstalls the entire windows OS without any way of getting your data back (IDIOTS!).

So, how can I fix this annoying error and boot into windows? I have an Ubuntu disc on a pen drive that I'm currently using to post this, but like I said I don't have a windows recovery environment.

Liam

A:Windows 7 Ultimate x64 won't load past CLASSPNP.sys.

CLASSPNP.sys is the last driver it loads and displays on screen... quite normal and not the source of the problem!! Why do you see CLASSPNP.sys??? Look like you're booting to "safe mode"(?)

Did you install xp mode in win7, or did you install winxp as dual boot option?
Why did you save and restore MBR???

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284641-windows-7-ultimate-x64-wont-load-past-classpnp-sys.html
Relevancy 70.52%

My Windows Vista home Premium -bit will not load all the time I have a two month old Hp computer with not to much will load not green the Windows bar loading past installed on it I have a new Hp printer I have norton antivirus with antispiware and office home and student I purchased my computer from Best Buy The problem that I am having was looked at a Windows will not load past the green loading bar couple of times by the geek squad I purchased new restore disks and had them reinstalled by them This did not fix the problem So they told Windows will not load past the green loading bar me that the problem is normal Windows will not load past the green loading bar and also said it is just windows being windows I did not believe them so I am trying to get a solution from a different sorce When I boot my computer up on or around the th to th start up it will not load up past the black screen with the Microsoft Corporation logo in the center bottom screen which would be the green loading bar It keeps running and running and running This happens all the time on or around the th to th time just like clock work When this happens I have to shut off the computer with the power button When I restart the computer it will go to start up repair which never fixes it I contacted Hp and they told me to punch in msconfig and then click on startup and uncheck anything that does not say Microsoft on it so I did and that did not work I contacted Microsoft and they told me to download a free tool from them called Sysinternals Autoruns tool It works like msconfig but more in depth I asked them what I should look for and they told me to uncheck anything that does not look like it should be there I didn't think that was a good answer so I did not download it I hope someone can help me with the Sysinternals Autoruns tool or any other fixes I can try

A:Windows will not load past the green loading bar

Hmm... I have 3 computers- (1) notebook running Ultimate x64 SP1; (1) notebook running Premium x64 SP1; and (1) desktop running Business x86 SP1, and NONE have this problem you describe, so i seriously doubt it is Windows Vista- unless your installed Version is catastrophically corrupted.

I suspect you have one or possibly two issues at work here:
1. Hardware Failure
2. Windows Corruption

Check Reliability Monitor for Hardware/software issues, and under advanced tools, Generate a system health report

Start>type perfmon in search>click reliability monitor

You can also check your hard disk for bad sectors/system errors. If it is not recoverable contact HP.

You should really consider removing all that bloatware that came with your computer too. Personally, I wouldnt waste my money or time using Geek Squad. You might want to consider doing a destructive reformat/reinstall of Vista x64 (delete or format the partition Windows is installed on, and reinstall Vista) If the reliability Monitor/System Health Report shows no hardware issues. If there is a hardware issue, make a note of the issue and contact HP.

Do not contact Best Buy as in the first year of their extended warranty as any issues will be dealt with solely by the OEM manufacturer, they will just send it to HP and the turn around time for you to get it back will double (if your data/computer doesnt "get lost" or "disappear") Be sure to back up/remove the HDD before sending it in.
Free software to create disk image:Free Drive Backup Express - disk backup software

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/210612-windows-will-not-load-past-green-loading-bar.html
Relevancy 70.52%

On booting up my Windows XP Home does not load past the quot Welcome quot page In other words it only boots up to my user account icons When I press any of my user account icons it then loads the usual quot Welcome quot page with your personal user icon and doesn t load any further load page not past Welcome XP Windows does Home just sitting on that page If I do a Control Alt Delete next to the account user icon it says quot Windows XP Home does not load past Welcome page loading your personal settings quot but nothing loads it just stays on that quot Welcome quot page This is a problem because I can t get into any of my files tools etc to do Windows XP Home does not load past Welcome page anything about it In other words I appear to be locked out I am thinking it may be a virus worm etc because my McAfee Security anti-virus is way out of date but I Windows XP Home does not load past Welcome page regularly clean up with Adaware and other windows devices My G hard drive has about free space I take it I can t even reformat or save any files that I need I pressed F got the black screen scrolled up to quot Safe Mode quot pressed enter A list of files started loading up it then goes to the coloured Windows user account screen I choose quot Administrator quot icon it goes to a black screen with quot safe mode quot written in all four screen corners with one line at top reading quot Microsoft R Windows XP R Build xpsp-sp Service Pack but nothing further comes up I pressed enter nothing happns I pressed F nothing happens I did control alt delete and the windows quot Task Manager quot box comes on screen with these headings Application-Processors-Performance --Networking-Users One interesting thing is that my CPU usage under performance continually reads Also there are approx processes running in particular explorer exe CPU and svchost exe CPU So where do I go from here can t understand the CPU usage nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

Problem Windows won't load past the initial past [SOLVED] load Windows b&w progress bar. won't initial black and white progress bar The one where [SOLVED] Windows won't load past initial b&w progress bar. the screen is all black and the bottom looks like It gets stuck toward the beginning and will not continue System WinXP SP on a pieced together system I've been running this comp for about years Recent History Last night I tried installing several new programs all from download com The first was McAfee SiteAdvisor which is just a Firefox extension It seemed to work fine The second was Spyware Terminator I got an error message as soon as I began the installation It was some windows exception fault or something but I don't have the exact error recorded I assumed [SOLVED] Windows won't load past initial b&w progress bar. it was a corrupt installation file and moved on The last thing I did before Windows croaked was try to install Avira AntiVir At one point during the installation my computer spontaneously rebooted I assumed this was part of the installation routine until [SOLVED] Windows won't load past initial b&w progress bar. I saw that Windows wouldn't load I tried using my Windows recovery CD and I can get in the Repair Console but I don't know what do do from here if anything I wouldn't mind just reinstalling Windows but reformatting isn't an option because of the files I'd lose It's ironic -- I just had to reinstall XP on a friend's comp that wouldn't boot past mup sys and now my computer fails in an even more spectacular fashion If repairing Windows isn't an option what would be the best way to try to recover the other files on the drive

A:[SOLVED] Windows won't load past initial b&w progress bar.

first try last known good configuration from the boot options menu you go into when tapping f8 as you boot
if no good in the recovery console try
fixboot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-wont-load-past-initial-b-and-amp-w-progress-bar-211973.html
Relevancy 69.66%

hi everyone Im new to the forum but have load 7 windows won't past windows had a good read through lots of other threads prior to me registering I sem to have a problem with an ADVENT Laptop its a family members that windows 7 won't load past windows they have had for years i would say they complained that it had become soo slow to the point it had become unusable i offered to clean install W so they could start a fresh as the laptop had become bogged down with pap to the point it was taking almost mins to boot up fully now ive done this hundreds of times on various systems in the past and thought it would be no different well now how wrong was i well i have an pre activated ISO disc with all versions of W tried clean in stalling W Professional bit previous was W Ultimate install went as normal until we get to the last quot completing installation quot stage when it froze for several hours not just going slow lol so rebooted to continue or start again only now all i get is a loop of getting to quot windows activated setup is starting services quot then reboots in a loop i keep getting the quot windows error recovery page but no matter whether i choose safe mode etc the same happens could anybody help ive not been able to find an answer on the forum as i cant get a command bar to appear at all thanks chris

A:windows 7 won't load past windows

As its an Advent, it should have Built in recovery, directly from the boot options F8.
If not see what the F10 or F11 choices are.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/379085-windows-7-wont-load-past-windows.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I read all the responses to the exact question as mine as well as similar questions, none are applicable, as not even Safe Mode will load past black screen with "Safe Mode" in each corner, and at the top "Microsoft (R) Windows (R) (Build 7601:Service
Pack 1)". Thankfully, i had just recently backed up most of my files!  I want to get it working so I can wipe it clean and get rid of it. Please help, thanks!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/238f411a-956e-4df4-9431-adf794bc029a/win-7-wonampamp39t-load-past-welcome-safe-mode-wonampamp39t-load-past-black-screen-with?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi - I cannot get into my brother's Sony Vaio, model is PCG-71913L, ever since he downloaded an update from Windows. It freezes at the screen with the Microsoft flag (W7). I have no system restore points available, no recovery disks, no saved images. When I try to boot in safe mode, it will boot all the way until Loaded: /Windows/system32/drivers/CLAAPNP.sys. Eventually, if I let it sit here, it will go to a blue screen with STOP: c0000185 The I/O device reported and I/O error. If I let it sit at the Windows flag, eventually I get a blue screen with STOP: c0000185 The I/O device reported an I/O error. Please help - how can I fix this? Can I maybe reset to factory default? I have tried F8, F10, F11, F12, ESC, nothing gets me to a restore point.

Thanks in advance!

A:Sony Vaio Won't Load Past Windows Flag, Cannot Restore

Hi pslms81 welcome to SevenForums

Do you have a USB flash drive handy?

Note
If the Download button for your version doesn't work click HERE then pick your OS bit version

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from below on a non infected PC
For 32-bit (x86) systems
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.
For 64-bit (x64) systems
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

Enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
Restart the computer.
As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account an click Next.

To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
Insert the installation disc.
Restart your computer.
If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
Click Repair your computer.
Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account and click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:
Startup Repair

System Restore

Windows Complete PC Restore

Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool

Command Prompt

Select Command Prompt

In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter

Note
Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.

Tip
Type the commands below to see what your letter is for the USB drive and press ENTER after each command

Code:
Diskpart
List volume
The tool will start to run.
When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
FRST will let you know when the scan is complete and has written the FRST.txt to file.
Type exit and reboot the computer normally
Please copy and paste both logs in your reply.(FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/288406-sony-vaio-wont-load-past-windows-flag-cannot-restore.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Good Day Forum Name is Ivan I guess I'll start of with some details about my system and the issue I'm having It is a bit unique given the OS isn't the usual XP it is Windows XP Embedded but I'm hoping it's not something that will Keyboard XP screen, Windows splash disabled. won't Windows Embedded, past boot hinder Windows XP Embedded, Windows won't boot past splash screen, Keyboard disabled. your Windows XP Embedded, Windows won't boot past splash screen, Keyboard disabled. ability to help me Now the issue is and I'll be straight up honest I'm assuming has to do with a P P filesharing and is very similar in it's essence to the FBI virus The USB keyboard locked out and render the naviagation keys useless upon entering the Boot Menu Windows does not boot past the splashscreen I was able to get the keyboard to work by using a PS Adapter I had on hand giving me the ability to navigate through the Boot Menu and moved on to the next step Since my problem symptoms closely resembled the virus mentioned I have proceded to follow the basic solution people use Downloaded HitmanPro App and attempted to make a bootable flashdrive But unfortunately the only other computer I have is a bit Windows machine and I couldn't run a bit version I would need to use for the Infected I'm assuming machine With the Hitman app off the list of quick solutions I turned to AVG Rescue tool which is said to be less sensitive to the version of OS and was faced with yet another issue When in Boot Menu and attempting to choose USB FDD Flashdrive or any other option the machine still attempts to boot from HDD and I'm hit with the windows splashscreen that loads for a few seconds and screen goes dark I'm kinda limited in what I can do given this machine has no CD drive so I'm limited to using USB for any tools however if needed Im willing to go ahead and install a cd dvd drive or gain access to a bit machine to make the bootable Hitman flashdrive or anything else if it brings us closer to resolving the issue Hope I'm posting in th right forum and not being a pest Looking forward to hearing from you guys I need to fix this machine since I use it for work and my ability to pay bills depends on it directly Thanks Ivan

A:Windows XP Embedded, Windows won't boot past splash screen, Keyboard disabled.

Update.

Got a 32bit version of Hitman app and made bootable Flash drive.

Got into Boot menu with a PS/2 keyboard.

Took a few tries to get it to boot from flashdrive, but in the end Windows started up and let me log in.

Prior to log in I get an Error titled "savedump.exe - Entry Point Not Found" ...and message:

The procedure entry point SymSetSymWithAddr64 could not be located in the dynamic link library DBGHELP.dll
Mouse works, but the system stopped recognizng PS/2 keyboard, so I hooked up one through USB and was able to log in.

Everything loads up alright and seems to be in order, except a few files system files missing (i.e. vidcap.ax; i8042prt.sys) and I get a message to insert a Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3 (never had one)

I have scanned the system with Hitman - no threats found except a few tracking cookies.

I'm not exactly computer savvy when it comes to dealing with anything that wouldn't let Windows boot, but overall a very strange case here. I don't even know what happened or if the tools I used are responsible for my problem's resolution.
I got no responces anywhere I went online...perhaps because I have weird Windows chopped up speciffically to deal with my machine's firmare (it's a desktop Dental 3D Scanner)...so, I just have a message to anyone having any problems - Don't give up. ;)

Not to say this forum didn't help me at all, lots of great material here and I'll be sticking around to read up more. Thank you all for being here, keep up the great work.

All Best,

Ivan

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503053/windows-xp-embedded-windows-wont-boot-past-splash-screen-keyboard-disabled/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a broken laptop that refuses to boot. No BIOS screen or anything is displayed when the power button is pressed. I have removed the hard drive from the laptop and put it into a working desktop PC. I started it in safe mode and the computer restarts. I used the F8 key to prevent it from shutting down on errors and received the following Stop error code:
0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A9928, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

So far I've used a boot cd to run chkdsk on the drive, and I've tried restoring to a previous point.

I do Not have an installation disk for Windows 7.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Windows 7 STOP: 0x7B Refuses to boot past the windows logo screen

Edit: Thanks for moving this to BSoD, my mistake.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-stop-0x7b-refuses-to-boot-past-the-windows-logo-screen-681863.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello I have in the past few months been having issues starting my Lenovo G laptop which runs on Windows unsure what bit with AVG as its antivirus It will turn on will not on start laptop running Windows Windows 7 screen. past Lenovo and display the 'Starting Windows' screen However it will not load past this point no matter how long I leave it Upon pressing the power button the screen will read that there is an error and gives me two option system repair or start Lenovo laptop running on Windows 7 will not start past Windows screen. normally The system repair option then brings me to a page that will scan and prompt a restore - however this restore does not work as it must completely reboot to complete the restore which is not possible due to the fact that it sticks on the Starting Windows page Another option is the F menu From this menu I have tried most of the options with sufficient loading time to allow my laptop to process Not a single one of the three safe mode options will boot and stops loading at AVG's files which leads me to believe it is my antivirus I have also attempted repair system and last known config both of which ultimately prompt a system restore I have attempted numerous system restores at different dates and none of them are successful Starting today I have also received errors stating that the restore can not be accomplished This is all of the information I have at the moment but I will add on as I come across errors Any advice would be lovely

A:Lenovo laptop running on Windows 7 will not start past Windows screen.

If it completed System Restore and rebooted, did you choose Start Windows Normally?

You'll need to access to a Win7 disk or System Repair Disk to work through the steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start without depending upon possibly corrupt OS files.

These steps try everything that can possibly be done leading up to rescuiing your files to do a perfect Clean Reinstall Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/361787-lenovo-laptop-running-windows-7-will-not-start-past-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, need some help with my Windows Vista laptop. When I boot the computer, it loads fine up to the welcome screen... then it just hangs there and never goes away. I tried to boot in safe mode, but once everything loads, it all freezes up - I can't click on any icons or the start menu or anything. When I pull up the task manager, the window 'stays' on the screen creating multiple copies of itself behind one another and I just can't do anything with it...

Anybody have any idea why this is happening or what I can do to stop it?

Thanks in advance.

A:Won't load past the "Welcome" screen

Several possibilities. Have a look at things to look at:http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000690.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275586/wont-load-past-the-welcome-screen/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi excuse if this has been asked before but I tried a search and currently on the mutt of a computer I put together to get online P it takes a screen load won't CPU xp past long time to load anything First off heres my system CPU won't load past xp screen AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor GHz GB DDR RAM nVidia GeForce TurboCache MB HDD GB RPM OS Windows XP Home edition w Media center Zone Alarm Security suite Heres whats going on Everytime I boot up my computer I get a message that my computer had CPU won't load past xp screen shut down for a safety reason power failure inproper shut down etc so I am given theses options Start Normally Start at last working configuration setting that my cpu last worked properly Safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode amp something else sorry I forget exactly Currently I have to disable the other computer so I can get online with this one so I may not be exactly wording the messages given Anyway I ve tried each one everytime I get as far as the XP screen amp then it reverts back to the same options again I cannot enter safe mode nor last CPU won't load past xp screen working configurations It seems to just loop back to that each time not matter what options I pick This all occured right after I attempted to burn a DVD not a copy of a legit DVD just some footage I took myself my drive just kept spinning with the disc in it I aborted the process amp left it until it could shut down on its own but when I returned to my cpu maybe ten minutes later the disc was still spinning so I manually shut down the PC amp rebooted removed the DVD and got the above messages I haven t had a blue screen or anything so I have no error messages or codes to go by Any help on what this is or how it can be fixed would be greatly appreciated Also I would like to be able to save what is on my HDD as I have a few time senstive work related projects on it that I would never be able to redo in time if at all Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

I have a Dell Dimension E-520 with Windows XP SP2 installed. I had a virus detected and opted to clean it. After the PC was shut down and turned back on it comes up to the welcome screen with my user account. When I select the user it says "loading personal settings" then almost immediately says "closing network connections" and returns to the welcome screen. Have tried Safe mode with administrator, same behavior also tried last known good configuration same behavior. Any suggestions?

A:Xp Won't Load Past The Welcome Screen

I had a virus detected and opted to clean it.How exactly did you clean it? Do you know the name of the virus?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101423/xp-wont-load-past-the-welcome-screen/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello all,

I have a Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit that works perfectly except something. When it starts up, the past Windows logo "Starting Windows" does not appear instead the "Microsoft Corporation" logo appears. How can I fix this problem so that the Windows shows the previous "Starting windows" logo when starting?

A:The past Windows logo "Starting Windows" does not appear

This thread may be of help

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/279878-past-windows-logo-starting-windows-does-not-appear.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello,

Recently, after working fine with no visible problems, i boot my computer up today to see that it will not load past the vista green bar screen. Instead it will sit there for around 15 with the bar still moving and suddenly reboot. I have searched many places for answers to this question and did what some sites recommended, here is what i've found so far.
-Cant boot into safe mode. Always stops at crcdsk.sys or something like that

When inserting my vista disk...

-Startup repair says it cannot repair the problem

-System restore doesnt recognize any of my save points and tells me i have none

-Windows re installation doesnt recognize any drivers or OS and is left blank asking me to insert a CD with the proper information

I have also tried removing one piece of Ram at a time (have 2 2GB sticks) and booting, no luck there either.
Any ideas on what to try next?

Relevancy 67.08%

I've been having trouble with my laptop recently.  Basically I can turn it on and everything is fine but it sort of gets "stuck" at the "Welcome" screen; the little HP icon glows from dark to light but it won't take me to the login screen.  I've tried System Repair and System Recovery but  both of those options have not fixed the problem.   What can I do to fix this problem?  I have all my personal files on an external harddrive so if I need to wipe it clean I have no problem doing that.

A:Laptop won't load past the 'Welcome' screen.

Test your memory and hard drive. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/How-to-test-RAM-and-HDD-Hard-Drive/td-p/301638

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-won-t-load-past-the-Welcome-screen/td-p/406797
Relevancy 67.08%

i am running windows 2000 had no problem for the longest time the other day i turn on the computer the login in screen comes up i type in my password than i pres enter it says loading personal setting and the useual my background picture shows up but nothing else all my icons start menu button are not there i press ctrl-alt-del all the normal programs are running i dont userstand can someone help?

A:will not load past login screen

Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and start the Taskmanager.In the Taskmanager, start a new tast and type in explorer.exe.This should bring up your desktop.When desktop is started, check the event log for errors, to figure out, why explorer.exe gets not started automatically.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/will-not-load-past-login-screen/65829.html
Relevancy 67.08%

hello, my sister has this issue. she boots her computer and it doesnt load past the welcome screen(light blue screen with welcome lol). i boot in safe mode w/o networking and it works, but when i try with networking it doesnt. i also ran recovery console chkdsk /p and /r and fixboot and fixmbr and still same problem, i ran malwarebytes/avg, ccleaners registry "cleaner" to no avail. any suggestions?!?!?!?!

A:Pc doesnt load past welcome screen

If Safe Mode works but Safe Mode with Networking doesn't work then that would suggest to me that the problem may lie with the network adaptor driver. You could try reinstalling it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294232/pc-doesnt-load-past-welcome-screen/
Relevancy 67.08%

Windows 7 Home Basic, in a HP DM1, AMD E-350, 4gb RAM, 320 GB HDD.

Last played a movie using HDMI. Returned to use it a few hours later and it took forever to load. Once it did, it took me to an unfamiliar home page.

Turns out I was logged in to a temporary profile. I found my files but did not dare move them yet. Tried F8 and then startup repair. (It said i attached a device and should disconnect and then restart) Then I tried a regedit fix (HKLM .. profiles). After that I cant seem to login even in safe mode. Got a very short message (fatal error) in a BSD.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 67.08%

Hey Ok as the title suggests Im unable to get past the splash screen everything goes black before it gets to the logon screen Ive tried safe mode and I can get to the logon screen with that except I can't use the mouse or keyboard Ive enabled legacy support and Ive tried a PS connection but to no avail load splash XP past screen! won't the I've tried booting from the backup BIOS aswell I booted from a Kaspersky rescue disk and ran a full virus sweep which too over hours Found no mallware I've done a surface scan of the HD and used CHKDSK r to repair an error Ive repaired the boot file and the MBR also I've copied the userinit exe file from my windows install disk to its home in system again no joy Im bereft of my senses at this stage Ive tried everything except a repair install which I've been loath to do because I have programs installed that I can no longer find the XP won't load past the splash screen! disks for I really hope I'm missing something COMP SPECS Operating Sys XP Home Motherboard GA-K n pro sli CPU AMD X RAM GB GRAPHICS CARD Nvidia GSO MB HARD DRIVE Samsung GB SolarSicarian

A:XP won't load past the splash screen!

and welcome to the Forum

A repair install will not affect your data or applications . . but I would first run diagnostics on the hard drive ( click here )

See this for how to make a bootable cd

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-wont-load-past-the-splash-screen-496483.html