Windows Support Forum

Unable to create the file "New Library.library.ms

Q: Unable to create the file "New Library.library.ms

Try to create new library.
Get "Unable to create the file "New Library.library.ms" Access is denied.

Found:
"Unable to create the file 'New Library.library-ms' File System error (16389)

The error 16389 (0x4005) is a trucation of a E_FAIL error (0x80004005)."

New library commands raise an error 16389 when "Prevent users from adding files to the root of their Users Files folder" policy is enabled | Microsoft Connect
"Unable to create the file 'New Library.library-ms' File System error (16389)

The error 16389 (0x4005) is a trucation of a E_FAIL error (0x80004005)."

http://connect.microsoft.com/Windows...icy-is-enabled

http://snipurl.com/uvm5h
Recently transferred files from C:\Users\Ray to E:\My Documents.--used MS move command, thought it would transfer references, apparently not.

What should I do to be able to create a new library?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to create the file "New Library.library.ms

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unable to create the file "New Library.library.ms

Run "cmd". Type "SFC /scannow" (without quotes), hit enter.
Also check the event viewer for errors related to "16389".

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/71484-unable-create-file-new-library-library-ms.html
Relevancy 106.64%

We recently installed Yahoo messenger and suddenly the Library folder isn't showing any folders/files under the Administrator account. When I go to create a new Library it reads the following error message: "Unable to create the new file 'New Library.library-ms' File System Error: (16389)."

Not only is the library no longer accessible, but I cannot access any of the Music, Pictures or Documents from the Start Menu.

I am only able to access the folders using the search bar by selecting "User Name" from the drop down box, then suddenly everything's there. It will not allow me to drag/drop anything into the Library folder or even create a new one.

What's going on here?

A:unable to access/create Library

One of these tow links may help:

Lost Libraries

Libraries - Restore Default

Are you trying to access the Libraries from a standard user account or an admin account? If standard user, try accessing from an admin account to see if you are able to gain access.

James

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/143151-unable-access-create-library.html
Relevancy 101.48%

For some reason if I go to the libraries where is has Documents, Music, Pictures and Video I cannot open anything it just says LIBRARY-MS File. I can access the folders if I click on computer, C drive, users etc. I have tried deleting the -MS files right clicking on Libraries and clicking Restore Default Libraries I have also tried making a new user account, adding folder to libraries, even reinstalled Windows 8. Any suggestions?

A:cannot access Library folders keep getting LIBRARY-MS File

Did you first set up a Homegroup with the other machines in your network?

I don't believe the Library folders will function unless a Homegroup has been set up.

The Homegroup trouble shooting guide will show you how to fix most Homegroup related problems.

Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/16257-cannot-access-library-folders-keep-getting-library-ms-file.html
Relevancy 101.48%

For some reason if I go to the libraries where is has Documents, Music, Pictures and Video I cannot open anything it just says LIBRARY-MS File. I can access the folders if I click on computer, C drive, users etc. I have tried deleting the -MS files right clicking on Libraries and clicking Restore Default Libraries I have also tried making a new user account, adding folder to libraries, even reinstalled Windows 8. Any suggestions?

A:cannot access Library folders keep getting LIBRARY-MS File

Did you first set up a Homegroup with the other machines in your network?

I don't believe the Library folders will function unless a Homegroup has been set up.

The Homegroup trouble shooting guide will show you how to fix most Homegroup related problems.

Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/16257-cannot-access-library-folders-keep-getting-library-ms-file.html
Relevancy 99.76%

File Explorer usually (not always but most of the time) became not responding for 30-60 seconds when creating new folder or renaming a folder within a library. During it hang, opening another File Explorer and browse to the same folder will see the folder is not created or renamed yet. After 30-60 seconds, the folder is created or renamed without any error.

The issue only happen within a library. If i create or rename folder within the same folder under direct path (e.g. D:\Music\) then there is no hang issue. However, if i access the same folder under library (i.e. Library > Music) then it usually hang.

Tried with other existing Library or create new Library and all had same issue as long as it is within library. Also tried with different hard drive and it was not hard drive specific issue.

Any idea?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401455-file-explorer-hang-when-create-rename-folder-within-library.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Iam using corel videoStudio 12 on Vista Home premium, 1.7 GHz, and 1 GB ram.
Iam applying auto effects and transition to the images.
When making a video file, it says on some effects, "unable to load library"
any suggestions what to do

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corel-videostudio-unable-to-load-library.787811/
Relevancy 96.32%

Earlier this year I updated Norton Systemworks 2004 with 2005. Since then I get frequent interruptions with the message "Norton Protection: Attention! Unable to load Icon Library OK". Each time this happens it freezes the computer for 30 secs or more. I have searched for files *.icl, but have found none. I don't know whether I can reinstall Systemworks (I bought it online & downloaded it) or even if that is the problem. Any suggestions? I am using Windows Me on a Dell Dimension 4100, 384 MB memory, 80 GB HD.

A:Norton "Unable to Load Icon Library"

Hiya and welcome

Are you still having this problem? If so, have you got the latest update:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nsw.nsf/docid/2005020814474007

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/norton-unable-to-load-icon-library.383028/
Relevancy 96.32%

After slaving away at a hot CD cleaner (the MadCatz one to be specific), I found that my Windows XP Pro CD still had several light scratches here and there. Despite this, I was able to reformat my HD with it, although I had to skip the copying of several files along the way (scrobj.dll, script.dll, script_a.dll, some others). With about 15 minutes left in thecd key-entering part of the setup, I get this error:

Windows cannot load the Internet Configuration library (ICFGNT.DLL). The following error occurred: The specified module could not be found.

Setup continues smoothly when clicking "OK," but I can't connect to the internet when setup is complete, nor can I install my nVidia nForce Network Access Manager/Firewall. The error for that goes soemthing along the lines of, "Runtime Script could not be found."

Relevancy 94.6%

I'm still a little unclear on exactly how I managed to accomplish this feat Just did a clean install of Pro and was relocating my User lt directory gt s to their respective drives as I have done numerous times with I had just pointed Music 2nd now is library a "Music" library "Download" to the drive where my GB collection resides My next "Download" library is now a 2nd "Music" library quot move quot was with Downloads As I started the process I remember seeing an extra message about moving all the files to the new location It was going on am so I just accepted it Next thing I knew I had two quot Music quot directories One has the usual blue musical note while the other has a blue downward pointing arrow most often reserved for Downloads However if I delete a file in one it is deleted in both directories Quite depressing all in all My attempts to restore it to its original state have failed I have seen several similar posts at this and other forum s but none are exactly like what I have done I don't know if I could try running a repair or if I'm either just going to have to live with this or reinstall the whole shooting match So I'm hoping someone can help me un-fubar my directory Thanks MD

A:"Download" library is now a 2nd "Music" library

User Folders - Restore Default Location - Windows 7 Help Forums I've done a similar error in the past. I just restored the default locations, and unchecked the box asking to move the files. Then cleaned up the folder contents, and moved them again.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/60886-download-library-now-2nd-music-library.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hey guys,

I've experienced a problem with my particular iTunes program in Windows 7. Whenever the iTunes program was running, it gives me an error stating in the form of a dialog(ue) box:

"The iTunes Library file cannot be saved. You do not have enough access priviges for this operation."

At first, I thought there was a virus that could have altered some files, but I've found out that my trusty 'ol AVG antivirus (free version 2012) that was doing a routine antivirus scan and that would have led into that error.

However, when I stopped the Antivirus scan - the error has simply gone away....

I was wondering how can I prevent this particular problem from re-occurring?

A:Windows 7: iTunes states that a "library file cannot be saved - insufficient rights"

it is scanning your library for nasties If you want to take a chance and if you are sure there will never be a nasty from something you may have downloaded and added to the library, you can exclude folders by using the "Scan specific files or folders" scan.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-itunes-states-that-a-library-file-cannot-be-saved-insufficient-rights-649548.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi-- whenever I try to open one of my libraries documents pictures videos or pictures I receive this message quot This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action Please install a program or if one is already installed create an association in associated" Library not does "File have a program the Default Programs control panel quot All the default programs seem to be correct Library "File does not have a program associated" for example for all doc Library "File does not have a program associated" files the default program is Microsoft Word If I click on the menu on the left side of the Libraries panel then the library will open up I searched through the help forums and I have attempted every fix I could find Sorry that this post is so long but I figured it made sense to let you know all that I have tried If there is something else that I haven't tried could you please let me know Thanks Here's what I've already done to try to fix the problem Registry Booster ------------------------------------- And Merging library-ms - Library folder lnk - Shortcut link LNK files this way To Fix Using a REG File Download Click on the Download button below to download the file below Fix Manage Error reg IMG file C Users Dennise AppData Local Temp msohtmlclip clip image gif IMG Click on Save and save the reg file to the desktop Right click the downloaded reg file on the Desktop and click on Merge Click on Run Yes Yes and OK when prompted When done you can delete the downloaded reg file if you would like to IMG file C Users Dennise AppData Local Temp msohtmlclip clip image gif IMG Tip If your still get an error afterwards then download and merge the lnk LNK option in the tutorial below to restore all of the default association for shortcuts lnk and try again ----------------------------------------- I tried this Open the Start Menu and type regedit in the search box and press enter If prompted by UAC then click on Yes if administrator or enter the administrator's password if standard user In regedit navigate to the location below HKEY CLASSES ROOT lnkfile In the right pane of inkfile right click on a empty space and click on New and String Value see screenshot below ----------------------------------------- and this Download ShellExView from nirsoft net and run it It will scan the registry for all the shell extensions Once the scan is over and the list is displayed you need to spot the context menu handlers Sort the results using quot Type quot so that the context menu handlers are displayed together The rule is to disable non-Microsoft context menu handlers one-by-one and verify if the problem is solved If disabling one does not solve the problem undo the disabled item and disable the next non-Microsoft handler Do the same until the problem is solved and finally identify the culprit Scroll right to see the Company Name column in ShellExView ------------------------------------------ and this Restore Default Windows File Extension Type Associations Default File Type Associations - Restore Change which programs Windows uses by default Change which programs Windows uses by default -----------------------------------------

A:Library "File does not have a program associated"

.library-ms is not considered a normal file extension thus won't be seen in your association list or by any application (properly).

Have you tried right-clicking "Libraries" in the left-hand window page and choosing "restore default libraries"?

Run "sfc /scannow" in an admin-level command prompt, just for kicks and to be safe.

Also, give the attached reg fix a try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/138710-library-file-does-not-have-program-associated.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hiya

The Picture It! Library and Digital Image Library do not display temporary files. By ignoring temporary files, the Library can remain clean and uncluttered. An issue has been identified where some software marks photos as temporary files when they are acquired from the camera. This patch enables the Library to view these temporary files.

The software currently known to mark new files as temporary is Canon Utilities ZoomBrowser version 4.1.0.46.

System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows XP

Multimedia PC with Pentium 500 MHz or higher processor
128 MB of RAM

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e5-5d09-4bbf-b7df-b1451f201dae&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

A:Picture It! Library/Digital Image Library: View Temporary Files Patch: Aug 26

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/picture-it-library-digital-image-library-view-temporary-files-patch-aug-26.160012/
Relevancy 89.87%

A year ago I created a custom Library and have been using it successfully until the beginning of this week The library's folder location is similar to the following C Users USERNAME FOLDERX Now when I open the Library it shows a listing Library! in Conundrum: By Custom Missing Library Folders' is 'Arrange of all of the files found within all of the folders in that library that is imagine a book separated by chapters folders and now all of the pages are scattered files in one cardboard box On the top right of this Library window I have the following quot Arrange by quot options -Date modified -Tag -Type -Name ---- -Clear Changes On the quot working quot libraries such as 'Documents ' there is a quot Arrange Library Conundrum: 'Arrange By Folders' is Missing in Custom Library! by Folder quot option which is what I am attempting to have the custom Library emulate I have deleted the custom Library and tried to reestablish it but the same issue persists I cannot sort the Library Conundrum: 'Arrange By Folders' is Missing in Custom Library! Library by folder rendering it useless Is there anyway to have the quot Arrange by Folder quot option reappear Did I accidentally switch some setting or is this due to a Windows Update Thank you

A:Library Conundrum: 'Arrange By Folders' is Missing in Custom Library!

Did you create a new library with the same name or a different name? When you go to Libraries, and you right click and select properties on Documents, do the attributes match what you find when you right click and select properties on your new library?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/196726-library-conundrum-arrange-folders-missing-custom-library.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I am using windows and have all my itunes on an external home network drive. Everything is all set up and all new files are written to the drive. The problem is that if I add music from a cd to the library it is only recognized by the computer that I did it on and not recognised by the other computer. How do I make both computers recognize all content in the library?

Thanks, Joe

A:Solved: library on external drive using 2 computers I can't see all the library

No takers eh! I guess there are not many itunes users here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-library-on-external-drive-using-2-computers-i-cant-see-all-the-library.975937/
Relevancy 87.29%

Well i have the latest version of itunes installed....problem is under File column there is option of "add file to library" n add folder to library.....
I have Folders with Huge no. of files...even after pressing select or ctrl...im not able to add more than 4 files at a time.....from a folder
Is there any way i could add as many no. of files from a folder in one go!!!!

Relevancy 87.29%

I don't know whats going on but if I go to options and click on Monitor Folders and find my folder where all of my music is located.

WMP11 finds all 24002 files but says "0" added when completed. I basically have no library and I'm not able to add the files to the library.

I've restarted my computer, I've deleted the watched folders and added them back without any luck.

A:WMP11 finds my song library but won't add it in the library?

First turn off Monitor Folders and leave WMP open in the library view. To add songs to the library, select the music file folder(s) in Windows Explorer then drag-and-drop them into the WMP window.

If that doesn't work, delete the WMP database http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925718 and try again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp11-finds-my-song-library-but-wont-add-it-in-the-library.724728/
Relevancy 87.29%

EDIT This issue has been solved Hi there This problem is slowly driving me crazy and I d appreciate anyone s insights My default Pictures library has somehow become a permanent clone of my Videos library It s not that it s a copy of Videos it s that both libraries have merged into the same entity The quot Pictures library-ms quot file literally does not exist Windows is using one file and one set of options yet displaying it as if there were two libraries And it stubbornly refuses to acknowledge that quot Pictures quot can or should exist If I delete one of the quot Videos quot both links remain visible until I refresh the Explorer window which makes them both disappear If I try to delete one and then the other Windows says it Library My Videos Solved: My Pictures Library Ate can t find the file which makes sense since the individual quot Videos library-ms Solved: My Videos Library Ate My Pictures Library quot file is already gone If I delete all of my libraries and then select quot Restore default libraries quot both duplicates reappear as before No quot Pictures library-ms quot is ever created I can manually create a new library called quot Pictures quot but it doesn t Solved: My Videos Library Ate My Pictures Library affect the presence of the duplicate Videos and other applications such as Windows Media Player do not recognize it as the official Pictures library WMP only shows images in the Videos folders and if I select quot Manage Pictures library quot from the WMP navigation pane it opens the options for the Videos library Strangest of all is this if I delete all libraries and don t restore them manually a quot Videos quot library will automatically reappear at some point no more than hours later I can delete it when this happens but it will continue to reappear at regular intervals I ve tried editing the registry to completely disable the Libraries feature as seen here and then reenable it using the factory defaults but this doesn t make a difference Since that patch completely removes the default libraries properties from the registry I have to conclude that Windows stores additional library data elsewhere but I haven t had any luck finding it I would really appreciate any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 87.29%

My libraries file, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos had developed a problem.

When I click on Pictures, the picture folders appear, but immediately below, my document files appear as folders also.

If I delete a document file in the pictures file, the document also deletes in the documents file.

If I try to move the document file from the picture file to the document file, a window says its an Identical sub folder and won't go any further.

How can I remove the folder list of documents from the picture file without destroying those documents in the document file?

I think that this problem developed as I loaded an ArcSoft program to read slides into my computer.

Thanks,

Jimbow

A:Documents Library also Appears in Pictures Library

Hello Jimbow, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If it's just been added to your Pictures library by mistake, then you should be able to use the tutorial below to remove it from the library without deleting the actual folder.

Library - Remove a Included Folder

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302720-documents-library-also-appears-pictures-library.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Apologies if I'm on the wrong board but hoping for advice on rebuilding my iTunes library without library.xml rebuilding library on iTunes Advice without or .itl? a full library xml or itl I'm on Windows bit iTunes My tech skills are poor and after a corrupted library event I just reinstalled itunes and then added my itunes folder from my C drive in itunes File gt Add Folder To Library However not all the songs on the HD were added to my iTunes library i e for many albums random tracks were missing when viewed in iTunes the original xml and itl files were corrupted and I didn't try to use them for this I can go to Advice on rebuilding iTunes library without library.xml or .itl? the iTunes folder on the C drive and right-click to Open those missing files with iTunes After they have been played like that then they are visible in the library in itunes but doing that with every individual missing track is incredibly time-consuming I've just bought a new PC and want to port my whole library over to the new machine Is there any way of moving all the files to the new machine via external HD and then rebuilding the library without gaps even if the library xml and itl files from the old machine have gaps Any suggestions would be really appreciated or somewhere else to go to find help Many thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621251/advice-on-rebuilding-itunes-library-without-libraryxml-or-itl/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello

We have a GPO setting "Prevent users from adding files to the root of their Users Files folder" as we do not want users to be able to add files to their Roaming User Profile.

This GPO causes an error when a New Library is attempted to be created.

Because of the error we would like to Remove the "New Library" button from the toolbar which appears when the Library item is selected in the navigation pane.

The following article is great, however I cannot find a reference to the "New Library" button.

Windows Explorer Toolbar Buttons - Customize

Could any customisation wizkids offer any advice please?

Many Thanks

A:Remove New Library Button in from Library Toolbar

Hello Lee,

Doing step 7 in the tutorial below to remove "New -> Library" from the context menu will not remove the "New Library" toolbar button, but it will also effectively disable it. It may be a good workaround for you.

New Context Menu - Remove & Restore Default Menu Items

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/155361-remove-new-library-button-library-toolbar.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I have Musicmatch Jukebox I used to have and I have a saved library ddf file in my external hard drive After getting the library is now not saving to any ddf file that I know of I have searched all my drives for all ddf files and produced nothing My original ddf file I saved all the time when adding new music has been the same mb since i upgraded to the ddf file isn t getting any bigger I have tried deleting mmjb from my entire computer and going to MMJB option save or to library 10: new No library the C directory and physically deleting musicmatch When I download a fresh copy I still cant save or create a new library In MMJB 10: No option to save library or new library addition it still pulls up all my music which is stored in my external hard drive Even if I turn my external hard drive off mmjb still brings up all the music of course it wont play because the hard drive is turned off but somehow mmjb knows my current library so is it storing it in a file which is not a ddf file There is no option to quot new library quot or quot save library quot Someone help me nbsp

A:MMJB 10: No option to save library or new library

It might be that the file is hidden and windows cannot see it. Go to My Computer, then Tools > Folder Options > View > select shown hidden files and folders.

Also it could be that it's not using the DDF file anymore and using a different one. Maybe M4U or something similar.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mmjb-10-no-option-to-save-library-or-new-library.352109/
Relevancy 86.43%

I have 40 years of hobby magazines and want to create a library with search-term capability.

Can anyone recommend a free software that will allow me to list a magazine issue and date, then list 3 or 4 stories in each issue, where a story keyword-search will take me to that issue date?

A:Want to create a library with search function

I haven't found anything free. MagTrack looks pretty close to what you want.

If it works < $10 doesn't seem too bad. There's a download so I assume it's a try before you buy deal or it may just be a demo.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/302591-want-create-library-search-function.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Operating System nbsp Windows Enterprise -Bit Environment nbsp Windows domain Security nbsp Local Machine admin and domain admin Documents Library is redirected via Group Policy to servername home username Navigating at Documents Top Library Cannot Level Create Folder of to Libraries Documents there Cannot Create Folder at Top Level of Documents Library is no quot New Folder quot button available at that top level of the library nbsp When using File menu gt New gt Folder I get quot Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' nbsp nbsp File system error quot nbsp nbsp Looked that one up using Google er I mean Bing and found articles about it being an old DOS Win issue with the max limit on the root drive nbsp Am familiar with that problem and this ain't it Less than folders at the root level and none more than characters long nbsp From inside an Application if I try to save to my Library Documents folder I cannot save a file to the root level nbsp I get quot To save here you must first include a folder in the Library quot At this point where I am looking to save a file I also cannot type a folder name Cannot Create Folder at Top Level of Documents Library for navigation as I am used to doing Cannot Create Folder at Top Level of Documents Library with previous OS's nbsp So in my address area I have Libraries Documents then I have a subfolder called quot important quot nbsp If I type the word quot Important quot expect the system fo navigate down into that folder nbsp Instead I get quot To save here you must first include a folder in the Library quot If I type quot Important quot I still get the same error Navigating to servername home username I am able to create a New Folder at the top level from a Windows Explorer window or from inside an application such as Word nbsp Mapping a drive letter to servername home username also will allow me to create a New Folder at the top level from a Windows Explorer Window or from inside an application From a command prompt I am able to get to the drive letter and create a new folder nbsp With the drive letter mapped going back to Libraries Documents I am still unable to create a new folder that way nbsp nbsp I read these two threads both of which sort of die off with no real answers nbsp So I've started my own nbsp http social technet microsoft com Forums en-US w itpronetworking thread ea f f- - cf-abb - e b a http social technet microsoft com Forums en w itprosecurity thread ae ce- a b- b- -a dca fd Any Help nbsp nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/940220f4-3014-4d09-9966-4d9643ae7a86/cannot-create-folder-at-top-level-of-documents-library?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 84.71%

Under Windows XP we used a Corporate Template library.  This seems to have gone away in Windows 7.  Any ideas how to recreate a place to store Corporate Templates for all authenticated users?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5b20726b-5af3-4bc6-9955-a24c95c6c59c/create-a-corporate-template-repository-or-library-in-windows-7?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi, if you include a folder location in a library, a net share is created (full, everyone).

Can this "feature" be turned off? Or should I just can the libraries?!

Thanks

A:windows 7 library policies? (don't create network share)

Interestingly, this 'feature' isn't being exhibited on my netbook... maybe tuneup utilities fixed this .. arguable security flaw

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/325904-windows-7-library-policies-dont-create-network-share.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I would like to add the games library into the main library system that includes: Videos, Music, Documents, Pictures, Podcasts, ect. How could I do this?

A:Is there a way to add games library to main library?

Correct me if I'm wrong because I have really never used the "Games" Interface but I think it's a part of the system as in like not a folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/80721-there-way-add-games-library-main-library.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have a folder in my "Documents Library" that is nested as a subfolder in "My Documents"

The reason I want to be able open in library view is because then I have the option in the upper right to "Arrange By" tag's.

If I right click in the left pane and under the documents view and select the folder and use Send to: Desktop (Shortcut) it works just as I need. HOWEVER, I need to create this shortcut for multiple users.

I would like to create a shortcut that uses environmental variables.
When going to the properties of the standard shortcut and the library shortcut to that same folder, everything looks identical (Except file size).

Thanks for the help on this!

A:How do I manually create shortcut to open folder in Library view?

Hello ImpetuousRacer,

You could use the paths below to create a shortcut for each library that can be used in any user account.

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Documents.library-ms

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Music.library-ms

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Pictures.library-ms

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Videos.library-ms

When you are finished creating the shortcuts, make sure that the Start in field is empty in the Shortcut tab in the properties page so that the shortcut will not be user specific.
I'll create tutorials on these shortly tonight, and post back with links to them when finished to make it easier for you to just download them if you like.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/202839-how-do-i-manually-create-shortcut-open-folder-library-view.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi!

I once removed my Documents shortcut from Libraries shortcuts in Windows Explorer but now, I want it back.
I can't really explain it good, so see this picture:

So, is there a way, to get shortcut to Documents back there next to Pictures, Podcasts, Subversion and Videos?

Best Regards

Solution: The trick is to right click on your Documents library and click "Show in navigation pane", thanks to boohbah.

A:Unable to add a Library shortcut

Hello Migelo,

I'm not sure I understand what you meant, but you already have a "Documents" library in your screenshot.

If you like, you could use the method in the tutorial below to include whatever folders you like in the "Documents" library.Library - Include a Folder
Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284135-unable-add-library-shortcut.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello,

I have developed a S/W which works fine in windows XP environment but not in win 07.

I am getting below error.

Unable to register the library c:\windows\system32\stdole2.lib

Error accessing the OLE register.

I tried to register the library in many ways

1) Downloaded VBRegTLB6.exe to register the library.
2)Downloaded process monitor to find the Error's in the process
3) Downloaded subinacl.msi to solve problems during setup
4) Run with "Run with Administration"
5) Tried to run in comparability mode

Please tell me if there any other way.

How to handle this exception?

Thanks

Regards
Manu M

A:Unable to register the library

Did you try to run your program in compatibility mode under Windows 7? Try that and see if it works. I think it'll work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/212768-unable-register-library.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I'm using Corel Video-studio pro x2 to create slideshow of my still pictures, 8-9 MB each, . The total number was about 100 slides. After adding music and transitions ,I then render it to create a movie DVD file. But it keep saying 'unable to load library'. i tried to reduce the number of slides to 30-40 slides even without any background music and it still end up the same. I reinstalled the programt a few times and still get the same message. I then changed my virtual memory as recommended in the support section of Corel Web . Again doesn't help. I have 3.25 GB RAM , with plenty of space(40GB) in my drive C: As a last trial I then changed the size of virtual memory to 15000 MB but without any success. I still cannot make a DVD movie out of my slideshow.
Any suggestion ? , Please.

A:unable to load library

Are you using any transition effects? Try removing them one at a time and see if this is the issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-load-library.832459/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have a Dell Pentium MH running Windows XP SP- When I trie and save a file from the command prompt using an MESSAGE CMD.EXE ERROR file" is to access or create the "Edit specified unable application CMD.EXE ERROR MESSAGE "Edit is unable to create or access the specified file" such as a text editor or word processor dos based I received the above message There is a box from MS Edit with buttons quot retry quot quot cancel quot quot help quot I clicked on help and this information was displayed Edit is unable to create or access the specified file which might be due to the following reasons You may be trying to CMD.EXE ERROR MESSAGE "Edit is unable to create or access the specified file" create or write to a file on a drive that is read-only such as a CD-ROM or a read-only network drive You may be trying to overwrite a file that is read-only You may be trying to access a file that is locked by another user or program You may be trying to read or write to a directory name The situation is this I can only save a file if I rename that file using save as I ve made sure that this happens with or without long file names I CMD.EXE ERROR MESSAGE "Edit is unable to create or access the specified file" ve have hard drive installed and the same thing happens on all the drives and in root and sub directories I ve used different DOS based programs in CMD EXE console including MS Edit Wordperfect and PEDIT among others all showing the same behavior There is no problem in Windows based programs I have not changed my environment variables etc The behavior was sudden and it s still continuing I must rename the file in order for it to be saved then copy it at the prompt to the file name that I really want I ve never seen this behavior I have ran an antivirus program AVG among others with no hits I have reset the command console to its default settings with no results It cannot be the drive as this behavior is across all three hard drive internal and external I hope you can help I have a sinking feeling I will have to repair the installation of Windows XP or worse yet reinstall I uses my command console all the time for a lot of small but important things Thank you for whatever you can come up with fhamilton nbsp

A:CMD.EXE ERROR MESSAGE "Edit is unable to create or access the specified file"

You need to enclose the entire path and file name in quotes if there are any spaces in the path or file name.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cmd-exe-error-message-edit-is-unable-to-create-or-access-the-specified-file.669852/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have been running Windows Backup on my Win -bit Home system successfully for a while I selected a USB drive as my backup destination and a number of local folders as the source I also included my OneDrive folder in the source folder set My computer's name "unable create file" Windows error Backup: to zip was quot MIKE-PC quot I noticed that my USB drive had a special folder special icon labeled MIKE-PC and I was not able to open this folder to view its contents Recently I did a few things I changed my computer's name to PENGUIN and renamed some of the source folders in my backup set I didn't care at that point Windows Backup: error "unable to create zip file" whether Windows Backup was working because I was reorganizing my data Today I finished reorganizing my Windows Backup: error "unable to create zip file" data and went to change the Windows Backup settings First I deleted both MIKE-PC and PENGUIN from the USB drive Then I went into Windows Backup and changed the source folder set The set still includes my OneDrive folder I ran the backup I got an error quot Unable to create Zip Folder quot I ran chkdsk and made sure Windows was fully updated I ran Windows Backup again and got the same error Note that I am using another backup program IDrive which backs up to the cloud That has not caused a problem in the past but I Windows Backup: error "unable to create zip file" wonder if it can create potential conflicts with Windows Backup Any idea how to go about debugging this

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/398073-windows-backup-error-unable-create-zip-file.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,

I just joined the forum. I have a query regarding being unable to save into the folders in my libraries. I'm not sure where I should post it. Can someone point me to the right forum please?

Thank you

A:Unable to save to the library folders

Hello there & welcome to SevenForums.

First you could read some pertinent threads & tutorials:
library-set-save-folder ,
File Folder Settings ,
or you could post your query in the general discussion section.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/164108-unable-save-library-folders.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I am using WinXP SP3,Real Player,Firefox (and have tried IE and Chrome) but am unable to stream any audiobooks from my local library.They recommend using Real Player.Connection to the book by Real player is not completing
Regards
Ant

Relevancy 79.55%

Clicking MSReader usually brings up MSR with library list to click choice of book to read Now click MSR and I get no MSReader and no library just quot Reader To Library Find Folder Ms Unable MS reader unable to find library folder Your library may have been moved deleted or Reader may no longer have access to the Library folder Enter the location of Library folder quot The default for Library Ms Reader Unable To Find Library Folder folder is quot C Documents and Settings Rob My Documents My Library quot the message shows knows that path location is the default and that is exactly where the library is I checked it s there However MSR can t find it If I click quot ok quot for default path get error quot MS Reader may not have access to the specified path Please select another path quot It is possible I was a little aggressive shall we say with CCleaner or jv Power Tools reg cleaner don t remember which Did backup of stuff removed for both CC and jv though When I go into those backup files to look for something related to MSR I don t see it mostly numbers Anyway I don t want to restore all that junk So questions How do I find and restore one item from deleted stuff or How do I get MSR working again some other way I did try uninstalling and reinstalling MSR from new download same result - gt MSR unable to find library Suggestions Rob

A:Ms Reader Unable To Find Library Folder

Your best bet would probably be to reinstall MSReader.

Go to Add/Remove Programs, find MSReader, and click on it to highlight it. Then check if there is a "Change" button. If there is, try that, it usually gives you the option to either repair or Reinstall. If there is no "Change" button, then Simply remove MSReader, then reinstall it.

Hope that helps!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49371/ms-reader-unable-to-find-library-folder/
Relevancy 79.55%

I'm running Windows 10 (upgraded) on a HP Pavilion 23

I have some file in my music library which are incorrectly labeled (Wrong artist or wrong album etc) and I am not able to edit the information, only re-name the song.

On the "home" tab the edit option is there, but not accessible.

If I choose Properties>details>Remove Properties and Personal Information>Remove the Following...
I can click to remove the bad info, but it does not apply it to the file. (the info remains attached)

Is the only way to fix this re-ripping/ downloading the file?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-edit-files-in-music-library.1166727/
Relevancy 79.55%

My problem is maybe a little complicated I want to move my iTunes library to an external hard drive Unfortunately I tried to move it without following the proper instructions from Mac I moved the music files iTunes Music folder to the external hard drive and deleted the folder and music files from my computer after the move Then I went to iTunes preferences to change the location of iTunes Media to the external Then I checked it and iTunes couldn t play couldn t find any of the files of course I moved everything back changed the preferences still couldn t find the songs so I re-created my library and playlists following the instructions from Apple support Now most of my music is back in iTunes but not all Some of it it said it couldn t find I m not sure of all of the music it can t find I know some of it from memory All of the files are in the iTunes Music folder I (iTunes some library iTunes Solved: Library Help find songs) can't assume and I so want to added the files it couldn t find but not duplicate everything I have in my library already Then move my files to the external properly How do I do this Bonus question None of my I iphone applications are in my iTunes I m afraid to connect my phone now as I fear I will lose the applications and Solved: iTunes Library Help (iTunes library can't find some songs) the info in those apps How should I handle this Sorry for the long explanation Thanks for your patience nbsp

A:Solved: iTunes Library Help (iTunes library can't find some songs)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-itunes-library-help-itunes-library-cant-find-some-songs.939142/
Relevancy 79.12%

Referencing this earlier forum posting and answer: http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/710391-solved-itunes-cant-find-my.html

I followed the same steps as directed and was able to successfully restore my entire music library, which is great! However, all my Playlists are now empty. Did I permanently lose them? I find it hard to believe that they are not mapped somehow and even if the files moved locations that I would lose all the data contained in them.

I have a complete back-up on another drive. How can I move the backed up Playlists over to my main iTunes account? Thank you for any assistance you can provide me to remedy this very frustrating and time consuming problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-lost-my-music-library-and-now-upon-restoration-my-playlists-are-all-empty.1033901/
Relevancy 79.12%

At first I thought my hanging issues were the xml hangs exiting on files? "sync" itunes library idea / and bad itl to result of synching my itl and xml library files from another pc which on the remote pc i use the exact same drive letter folder structure as the home base pc itunes hangs on exiting / bad idea to "sync" itl and xml library files? I was trying to find an easier to way to update the changes i would make to my built in itunes playlists on the home pc rather than than just reimporting m u versions of the playlist or manually changing things twice on each pc So i put back the original itl and xml files but every time i click exit on itunes it just hangs i have to kill the task in Vista x sp The problems and reports shows apphangB apop version app time stamp bb aa hang signature c f hang type If i connect as a different user i have no issues exiting the program under that id Any thoughts out there Any thoughts on whether its a bad or good idea to sync the itl xml files or an alternative way to keep changes to playlists on a nd pc in sync with the primary short of the methods i currently use as of now i'm not synching the xml itl's anymore though i dont think this was what is causing the hangs Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/itunes-hangs-on-exiting-bad-idea-to-sync-itl-and-xml-library-files-231711.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I found that a good way to install updates or programs is to disable everything non-OS so that only the OS is running msconfig Services tab check - Hide all Microsoft services Disable all Ok Exit without restart CCleaner Tools Startup Ctrl A except Avast right-click highlighted Disable Close CCleaner X in the top right right-click on the Avast icon in Sys Tray Avast shields control Disable permanently Restart computer - - - - - - Library Scheduler Start "Madness" & Task folder, Startup, - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Start folder, Startup, & Task Scheduler Library "Madness" - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - These are the issues I have I manually put these four in the quot Start quot folder There's no way to disable them from starting up Notepad quot C Office scratch txt quot Yahoo Mail Basic https us-mg mail yahoo com neo b launch long-string Sea Monkey Mail quot C Program Files SeaMonkey seamonkey exe quot -mail Natural Reader quot C Program Files Start folder, Startup, & Task Scheduler Library "Madness" naturalsoft naturalreader NaturalReader exe quot Power Menu writes itself to quot Startup quot but it does not startup and there's no icon in the Sys Tray unless I put a Shortcut to it in quot Start quot Power Menu quot C Program Files PowerMenu PowerMenu exe quot When Crystal Disk Info is set to run on Startup within the program it writes itself to the quot Task Scheduler Library quot There's no way to disable it from starting up I have to manually close it after a Restart quot C Program Files CrystalDiskInfo DiskInfo exe quot Avast won't let me Disable it through CCleaner or msconfig I have to manually Disable it with the icon in the Sys Tray Avast quot C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe quot nogui - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Is the best way to fix this to delete the programs from quot Startup quot above where possible and to enter them into a folder in the quot Task Scheduler quot called quot Startup with the Trigger quot At log on of any user quot That's how Crystal Disk Info is set up If I created a folder in quot Task Scheduler quot called quot Startup quot I see that I can't move the Crystal Disk Info item to a different folder It looks like I would have to re-enter it manually So if everything were in the quot Task Scheduler quot quot Startup quot folder I could then highlight items within it and right-click to disable them

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/75610-start-folder-startup-task-scheduler-library-madness.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Apologies if this is a duplicate post I have not been able to find a similar problem anywhere on Google or in the - Frozen As" working Properties not function "Save Page Library forums My quot Documents quot library points to a network location on a corporate network Recently our IT department had an issue with permissions and had to copy the location to a new folder location When I attempted to repoint my quot Documents quot library to the new location all Library Properties Page Frozen - "Save As" function not working my libraries simply broke Symptoms I am experiencing I am able to open the Library's quot Properties quot page but it is frozen The only buttons that work are quot OK quot and quot Cancel quot I can click on the other buttons and the drop down but nothing happens when I do The window just sits there and says quot Calculating quot The quot Save As quot option doesn't work on some programs but does work on others I suspect this is because some programs are querying Windows for the default save location and it is invalid probably null in Windows Other programs are pulling up the location that I last saved at or where the file opened currently resides That's just a guess though Resolutions I have already attempted I have deleted all libraries and then used the quot Restore Default Libraries quot function This has no effect I have deleted all libraries and then created a new library called quot Documents quot I went in to the newly created quot Documents quot folder and clicked on quot Include a folder quot This allowed me to select a location for the new library but the properties page still doesn't work I can't include multiple folders and the default save location still does not work I am totally at a loss on this one Please help

A:Library Properties Page Frozen - "Save As" function not working

I suspect you would have an image can yo not reinstall from there?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/318777-library-properties-page-frozen-save-function-not-working.html
Relevancy 79.12%

For no apparent reason, the function "include in library" in Windows Explorer (right click on a folder to include it in a library) is not longer there. It used to be. But now when I right click on a folder in Windows Explorer, it's simply not there anymore. Does anybody know how to restore it?
Or alternatively: does anybody know how to add music files to Playlists in Windows Mediaplayer without having to use libraries (like in previous versions of Windows)?

A:"Include in library" option suddenly missing from Windows Explorer

Include in library - Add or Remove from Context Menu

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/215017-include-library-option-suddenly-missing-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi!

Looks like a pain in the butt thing we have here. Error Message says> "The procedure GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL."

How to we get this back?

Sincerely,

The Gillette Family (Ron)

A:"...point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library..."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/point-getiums-could-not-be-located-in-the-dynamic-link-library.272750/
Relevancy 79.12%

Just re-discovered this forum Can anyone help I ve just bought the newest basic error: c++ runtime Keep "Microsoft visual library" getting Nero and Blu-ray HD-DVD Plug-in but when it tries to transcode videos I get an error below I ve searched the net and plenty of people get it in all sorts of different programmes on the PC There s even a MS hotfix for it but it only works for XP they sent me the link to do it Anyone know Keep getting error: "Microsoft visual basic c++ runtime library" what I can do to prevent it as the software is currently useless and their tech support haven t responded for weeks the error that pops up Microsoft visual basic c runtime library Runtime Error program C location of the programmes exe file This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it an unusual way Please contact the application s support team for more information any help would be greatly appreciated I m using Windows Vista Ultimate bit with all updates and Keep getting error: "Microsoft visual basic c++ runtime library" my system spec is well above the minimum for the software on another forum I was told that uninstalling rebooting and then reinstalling my ATI drivers amp software will do it as that installs the Visual C stuff but it hasn t worked Last night I re-installed net framework with sp and I also downloaded amp installed C Runtime Keep getting error: "Microsoft visual basic c++ runtime library" Libraries from the MS site but it still doesn t work I m now completely stumped and getting desperate but really don t want to have to re-install Vista if I don t need to nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-getting-error-microsoft-visual-basic-c-runtime-library.669847/
Relevancy 79.12%

I just did a recovery on my laptop to get the "arrange by" command to work on my Windows 7 pictures library. When I had loaded the discs and the "new" Windows 7 was loaded the command worked fine - once I loaded the HP downloads the command did not work (libraries stuck in Folder command ). Need help to figure this out ! Thanks for the help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386699-windows-7-pictures-library-arrange-command-not-working.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I ran into this problem about months ago and did everything I could think of to resolve it - i e reinstalled AOL deleted old versions ran Spybot antivirus etc to no avail Then it just mysteriously cleared itself up I don t know what I did since after all that I still got the error message everytime I tried to start up AOL Then in trying it Runtime to Can't Library due Basic C++ "Visual error" start AOL one day it just worked Well I had a feeling that wouldn t last It didn t Just days ago the same thing happened again - trying to start AOL and getting quot Visual Basic C Runtime Can't start AOL due to "Visual Basic C++ Runtime Library error" Library Runtime Error Program C PROGRA AOL woal exe quot quot This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Please contact the applications support team for more information quot I don t use AOL that much anymore but had many emails stored on the quot save on my PC quot label in AOL and would like to retrieve them if nothing else I can do without using AOL if I have to but would like to Can't start AOL due to "Visual Basic C++ Runtime Library error" continue using it if possible Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated I have seen the fix for IE on another thread - remove the Google or Yahoo toolbars but I guess that is not what s causing the problem here Please help this is driving me crazy Here s a copy of my Hijackthis logfile if that helps Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Can't start AOL due to "Visual Basic C++ Runtime Library error" XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C WINDOWS System lexbces exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS twain SiPix SCBlink Srvany exe C WINDOWS twain SiPix SCBlink USBPNP exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM Brmfrmps exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C WINDOWS System taskswitch exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brctrcen exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Washer washer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files efax Dllcmd exe C Program Files Nikon PictureProject NkbMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files Brother Brmfcmon brmfcwnd exe C Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA AOL waol exe C PROGRA AOL shellmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C DOCUME default LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Int... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-start-aol-due-to-visual-basic-c-runtime-library-error.553703/
Relevancy 79.12%

This is to redress the issue nbsp The existing Answer refers to an external non-Microsoft website for a solution and also states it doesn't guarantee the solution will work nbsp This site wants us to download an executable to context "Include menu Library" in gone! item 2015 fix the issue nbsp Me 2015 "Include in Library" context menu item gone! I'd rather poke my own nose into the registry thank you very much Well someone please from Microsoft Answer with the necessary changes to the Registry to fix this issue Since I know quot Microsoft doesn't support the Registry quot or at least I've read that too many times to count and believe it to be true nbsp I'd just like to add that the quot Include in Library quot context menu registry entries must have a vulnerability since I know I didn't change it and based on the number of people who in the past have had the issue so please Include the necessary warnings if one must quot Microsoft does not support the registry quot nbsp quot Warning Modifying they registry may cause your computer to stop working quot nbsp and last but not least nbsp quot REGISTRY nbsp DO NOT ENTER nbsp HERE BE DRAGONS quot Truth is I set up my libraries when I first got Windows however I haven't needed to add any libraries until now nbsp I finally realized that I could aggregate several folders of some new projects I'm working Would someone post the location of the pertinent entries and what is needed to nbsp allow the quot Include in Library quot context menu to work

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/74df9f9c-0822-4150-920c-610ca45eb16b/2015-quotinclude-in-libraryquot-context-menu-item-gone?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello I have created a library called integrate I view? Question: Can "Arrange the by Library Folder" quot America quot and put folders into it quot East quot Library Question: Can I integrate the "Arrange by Folder" view? quot West quot quot North quot and quot South quot Each of these regional folders real folders not libraries contains a separate folder for each state in that region Thus the quot West quot folder contains folders called quot California quot quot Oregon quot etc Lastly each state folder contains all types of files pertaining to the specific state When I open the quot America quot library I would like to see an integrated and alphabetized listing of ALL the state folders quot Alabama quot quot Alaska quot quot Arkansas quot etc However when I configure the library to sort by folder it sorts the state folders by name but only WITHIN their respective regions That's not my vision I'm looking for an integrated A-to-Z list of all the folders across all the regions Alternatively if I select the quot Sort by name quot option then all the state folders disappear and they are replaced by a very long list of all the component files -- it's an integrated alphabetized list good but of files bad not the state folders that contain them Can anyone suggest a clever tweak to move me closer to my vision Thanks Jay

A:Library Question: Can I integrate the "Arrange by Folder" view?

possibly you could arrange them manually,
this tutorial here will allow you to move the folders around to suit you preference

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/141738-library-question-can-i-integrate-arrange-folder-view.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi weeks ago I posted a big thread lots of questions Someone was kind enough to answer a couple of them but I got no reply on the others they are very complex to me perhaps also to others- got Asked weeks ?s partial "Library" only 3 answer multiple ago- to I am reposting them I Asked 3 weeks ago- only got partial answer to multiple "Library" ?s read forum rules and did not see anything stating I could not Asked 3 weeks ago- only got partial answer to multiple "Library" ?s do this as hopefully this will appear quot fresh quot someone will see it and be able to help me with the other questions I had which follow- they are hard for me to explain so if you need more info please let me know and I'll do EVERYTHING I can to try to help you help me When looking at my quot Document quot folders I often see icons of gears or of Asked 3 weeks ago- only got partial answer to multiple "Library" ?s yellow quot scrolls quot like ancient text scrolls inside rectangular boxes and other things that make no sense at all Looking right now at some I see that under some of the yellow scrolls the so-called document reads quot base quot - there are about of these all with the same name as I look at just this one window- and in opening it this is part of what I see body background FFF url common static img global-bg jpg repeat-x color font-family quot Lucida Grande quot Geneva Arial Verdana sans-serif font-size px margin padding body popup background-image url common static img smallwin-bg jpg wrapper margin auto position relative width px body popup wrapper width px moduleHeader content body wide content body popup content footer margin-left px body full padding-left padding-right I also have quot tiny icons quot about the size of most that appear out of nowhere- example one that below it reads quot icon-content quot and when I try to open it the computer opens a new window that opens Internet Explorer and gives me a popoup that says quot a website wants to open web content using this program on your computer quot to which I do NOT allow In the upper left of that window I see what SHOULD be a document file but it says for the example I'm using right now C Users Lisa Videos MKL Keywords SEED GENERATOR which is all I can see of that link I do use a program within the website hosting company I am working with in which I am currently searching for a site concept and which has something like a Google Keyword Toolbox of its own and it uses the words MKL and SEED GENERATOR I would have no reason to save any internet file like that but I do extract info from my searches and put them into Excel documents I don't know why I would have all these icons Totally confused and wasting my space but I'm a afraid to delete them in case I mess up my computer I'm no guru b wonder how I can stop generating these in the future I wanted to attach a couple screenshots - I hope the attachment shows up here PLEASE help Thanks bunches Lisa

A:Asked 3 weeks ago- only got partial answer to multiple "Library" ?s

Those are configuration files and basic script. They are inocuous and can be deleted without worry. To stop them from appearing if you feel you need to, remembering they're not harmful and will be regenerated by whichever program uses them, you will need to disable or uninstall the likely culprit. Right click one of the icons with a gear on it ( a config. file) and select edit, post a screeny of the contents, you might have to do that with a few before anyone can tell what created them.

Overall though it's nothing to worry about.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/252637-asked-3-weeks-ago-only-got-partial-answer-multiple-library-s.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello This is my first post so first of all HELLO Second HELP be 56 not located iertutil.dll" the library link in "The ordinal could dynamic i "The ordinal 56 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll" HELP have a problem I installed internet explorer But i didnt like it so i tried going back to internet explorer But then i stated giving me a error like quot iertutil dll is missing quot So i googled it After reading about other people havING the same problem as me I found out that i can download iertutil dll from www down-dll com and copied it to c windows system Before i done this my desktop was gone But after doing this my desktop have reapperied however im still having a problem Every time I try to open a program or do somethinG i get this erroe message quot The ordinal could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil dll quot I would be happy to reinstall windows but I have lost the CD Is there any way i could fix this problem Thank you nbsp

A:"The ordinal 56 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll" HELP

Any one???,,,
And is there anyway i can reinstall windows without the CD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-ordinal-56-could-not-be-located-in-the-dynamic-link-library-iertutil-dll-help.548974/
Relevancy 79.12%

When I click on "Outlook Today" in MS Outlook 2002, I get "A runtime error has occured, do you wish to debug? Line 297, error: Library not registered."

How do I fix this?

Thanks.

A:MS Outlook 2002 runtime error: "library not regisitered"

Hello. If anyone is reading this post, please let me know how to fix the runtime error in my 8/17 post regarding MS Outlook 2002.

Thanks.

Stuyve

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-outlook-2002-runtime-error-library-not-regisitered.391262/
Relevancy 79.12%

'Wise Registry Cleaner' suggests ok to 'fix' by deleting certain registry entries per the following message...

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{188a4c39-df85-4881-8c94-29b69c307ecf}\TypeLib\
Reason: Type Library does not exist:{188a4c39-df85-4881-8c94-29b69c307ecf}
Safe to fix.

I know you officially dont recommend 'registry cleaners', but if we do use them, is there a good place to find out what some of these messages mean in terms of ok to delete such entries (besides asking the WRC people) ?

A:Registry Cleaner ok to delete if "Type Library does not exist:" ???

Hello and Welcome to TSF

After Wise Registry Cleaner analyzes your system for problems, you can individually view each of the problems found and call up a detailed description. If you wish, you can also have all problems corrected automatically.
All changes to your system are monitored by Wise Registry Cleaner and can be undone with a few mouse clicks.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5437.html

That information they provide should be enough , is it not?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/registry-cleaner-ok-to-delete-if-type-library-does-not-exist-228349.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi, when logging on I get the message "The ordinal 685 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll". Only the wallpaper shows. Task manager opens fine. System restore, safe mode & last known good config continue to fail. I do not have a copy of the Windows xp professional disk. Any help would be much appreciated.

A:"The ordinal 685 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll"

iertutil.dll is related to Internet Explorer. I'd error check the drive. I'd also install Firefox just to have it just in case. Then uninstall Internet Explorer, then reinstall it. Make sure to upgrade to Internet Explorer 8. If you need to run a system file checker ( sfc /scannow ) you can always borrow a CD from someone as long as it's the same version (home, pro, basic).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/the-ordinal-685-could-not-be-located-in-the-dynamic-link-library-iertutil-dll-530726.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Visual Basic - "Object Library Not Registered"

I get this error when trying to use any Access 2003 Wizard to create (for example) a database.

It is then followed by "Error in loading DLL"

See screenshots.

However, I can create letters / envelopes et al with Word Wizards.

ALTHOUGH - lol - when running

"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office11\Excel.exe" /regserver

I get "One of your object libraries (stdole32.tlb) is missing or damaged. Please run setup to install it" - it doers run setup but does not fix the error.

When I RUN

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\stdole32.tlb

I get The Module "regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\stdole32.tlb" was loaded but the entry-point DllregisterServer was not found"

I have completely uninstalled then reinstalled Office 2003 Professional.

I use Windows 7 RC x64 Ultimate. All errors on Screenshots attached.

Any help gratefully received

Relevancy 79.12%

I get this error message all I Visual "Microsoft AOL message Library" use C++ when Runtime error the time including tonight quot Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library quot quot Runtime Error quot Program C Program Files America Online waol exe quot R quot quot - pure virtual function call quot The message pops up out of nowhere It has a red X in the corner I always get it when I'm using AOL I get the error message AOL freezes as well as magnifier which I usually have open When I click OK AOL closes and "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" error message when I use AOL magnifier stays frozen I click control alt delete go to processes and end the task of waol exe Then magnifier usually goes back to normal I always lose everything that's open in AOL This is very frustrating I tried increasing the virtual memory but that obviously hasn't helped This actually happened a little while ago and I don't want to click OK because I would be losing some very important information that would be a huge hassle to redo Please can anyone help me I don't want this to happen anymore Thanks

A:"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" error message when I use AOL

welcome
first check for malware/virus infections
your internet access could be broken
i would also reinstall aol--
uninstall all versions from your add/remove software in the control panel first.
your account, screen names, and mail will still be there when your done.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-visual-c-runtime-library-error-message-when-i-use-aol-102465.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I clicked on "restore settings" in my pictures library mistakenly thinking it would make the changes I made to the navigation pane go back to the way I had it a moment before(like an undo button) but it totally messed up the organization of my photos. They now show as folders even though the view is set to large icons. They are no longer organized by month but by when they were downloaded to my computer. Photos are a high priority for me. I'm sick about it... I read something about a systems restore button in the control panel, but I'm scared. I don't want to wreck anything further.

Thanks

A:clicked on "restore settings" in my pictures library, oops

Hello, and welcome to Eight Forums.

By default, the Pictures library is:

Arrange by -> FolderView by -> Medium iconsSort by -> Folder pathGroup by -> Folder path

You can adjust these to how you like. You may need to play with it a bit though.

Sort by, Group by, and Arrange by Items in Windows 8 File Explorer

Folder View - Change Icon Size and Layout in File Explorer

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58474-clicked-restore-settings-my-pictures-library-oops.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I have a problem with windows saying my 1TB WD HDD isnt there. When I boot my computer up i can see it on the boot menu, but when i log into my computer an error message pops up and says "error: core library not found", and my D: is gone. I boot off of a 64gb SSD. It also seems the problem is getting worse, earlier I could access the HDD but it would randomly disconnect sometimes, and a restart would solve the problem. Awhile after that (few hours or so) it would disconnect whenever i tried to access it. And when i rebooted I could see it again, but if I tried to access it would continue to disconnect. Now whenever I boot I can see it in the boot menu but when I get into windows I get that error message.

A:2nd internal hard drive wont appear "error: core library not found"

Have you re-seated the power & data cable to the 1TB HD ?

How does in show up in Disk Management ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/151787-2nd-internal-hard-drive-wont-appear-error-core-library-not-found.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,
i'm currently in charge of the IT support of a school, and the error message
«"Documents.library-ms" is no longer working » appeared on student account whenever they want to reach ther windows library directories.

I found something to solve this issue : delete libraries, then restor it. But this methode work only for accounts one by one, and they are more than 700!

So I want to solve this issues in a programmatic way, i found some tools like ShLib an SlUtil but it doesn't work

If someone already had this kind of problème, i'll be pleased to know how it gone!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/51df58a8-e64e-4060-b358-1083d94a7632/solve-issue-quotdocumentslibraryms-is-no-longer-workingquot-with-terminal-batch?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello TechGuy forums I have had a problem with my PC for some time now Some games simply refuse to launch even after hours of troubleshooting I have gone though multiple forums and help chats directly linked to the games publishers developers and also Windows microsoft help AMD help and ASUS help None of which have found a solution to my problem I have tried every solution I could find and I have become quite frustrated I have a custom PC with a decent video card motherboard CPU and all that jazz I can run BIoshock Infinite full settings along with other recent games However a handful of games just refuse to launch Age of empires farcry blood dragon battlefield recent total war games There is no splash screen or spectacular crash just a courser loading for a second or two and then nothing I am by no means to game portion of unable Small launch library a techie or extremely knowledgeable about Small portion of game library unable to launch the inner workings of computers But I can update my drivers and keep my PC clean nbsp

A:Small portion of game library unable to launch

Oh and any other info you may need just ask!!
THank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/small-portion-of-game-library-unable-to-launch.1106816/
Relevancy 78.69%

On Windows 2000 (with all the latest updates) I am running a downloaded visual foxpro application that executes fine when I'm logged on as administrator, but gets the following message when I'm logged on as a power user: "Cannot locate the Microsoft Visual FoxPro support library". How can I open up access to these libraries for power users? I don't like to be on the internet as administrator and this program needs me connected to the internet. Any help very much appreciated.

jimmu

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-locate-visual-foxpro-support-library.252119/
Relevancy 78.69%

So here's what happened I was using my quot Documents quot library as a shortcut to my comics folder I did this because I wanted my comics folder to be accessible through the upper right section of the start menu So I renamed it to quot Comics quot and all was well That is until I installed the windows service pack update After that the library was renamed quot Documents quot and whenever I'd try to change it back to quot Comics quot it would simply revert after hitting enter I even tried changing the name through the quot HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer User Shell Folders quot registry key but that didn't work either I'm certain "Comics" to Can't rename "Documents" library it has something to do with the Service Pack update I assume during the update as the Documents library was named quot Comics quot it sort of amalgamated that name with quot Documents quot expecting that to be the title Can't rename "Documents" library to "Comics" and now it can't tell a difference I should point out though when I do change it to quot Comics quot it does show up as Comics library-ms under the registry key I mentioned Any suggestions

A:Can't rename "Documents" library to "Comics"

Hello FrozenInferno and welcome to Seven Forums.

Don't know if this will help or not because there seems to be a dependency between SP1 and default folder names. But it might be worth a try.

Uninstall SP1

How to uninstall Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Make sure "Documents" is still named "Documents" and not "Comics" (default name/setting)

Reinstall SP1

Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Try changing "Documents" to "Comics" after SP1 is installed.

And I would definitely make restore points and preferably a full system image just in case. Please post back and let us know if this helped or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/153382-cant-rename-documents-library-comics.html
Relevancy 78.69%

must be a driver problem? seems like a lot of people have this problem but for many different reasons. I can play my vids in wmp by selecting them in other programs or folders, but if i just open wmp 10 and select library, all video, it immediately restarts computer. I can click on anything but all video. I got a new hard drive recently and reinstalled drivers and all and thought everythingg was good. I downloaded some vids and music from limewire and had no prob previewing the vids but cannot play them straight from wmp. any ideas? running on xp pro.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-10-restarts-comp-when-i-click-all-video-in-library.768244/
Relevancy 78.69%

If I go to the music library, then Sample Music, which has 3 sample files, it also has a folder named local disk.

Its empty, but right clicking and viewing properties shows it has 3 files and 4 folders, and is 400 bytes in size. It was created during the OSs install date, and is shared.

What is the purpose of this folder? I have hidden files to be showed enabled.

A:"Local Disk" folder in Music Library

That folder does not belong there. It must have gootten in there with an erroneous manipulation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/347639-local-disk-folder-music-library.html
Relevancy 78.69%

There was a special "code" you could add into your iTunesPref.xml file before that removes the Store Link. I was using that code until the new version of iTunes that now gives you a "Ping" link. Has a code been released for that yet?

A:Way to remove "Ping" Link from iTunes Library

Quote: Originally Posted by EchoX860

There was a special "code" you could add into your iTunesPref.xml file before that removes the Store Link. I was using that code until the new version of iTunes that now gives you a "Ping" link. Has a code been released for that yet?

Um why dont you just block itunes in the firewall
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/113736-way-remove-ping-link-itunes-library.html
Relevancy 78.69%

How would I copy my saved photos on memory stick to the computer's photo "Library"? I see a "send to", but I don't want to lose the copies on the mem stick. Thanks.

A:Copying photos from mem stick to "Library" on computer.

Open the relevant library folder, then open the flash drive in a new window. Select all of the files you want to copy (or do them one at a time if you like) then right click and hold, drag to the library folder, release right click and choose 'Copy here'.

Example below, substitute 'Gav's Pictures' for your flash drive and my F: drive as your destination library folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331905-copying-photos-mem-stick-library-computer.html
Relevancy 78.69%

When I was browsing files a few minutes ago, I saw a new library named "Subversion." For obvious reasons, this worries me. What is this and should I/Can I get rid of it? Windows explorer says it's empty of folders or files.

A:Mysterious "Subversion" Library in Windows Explorer

Hi,

There is some software I use called Subversion that is used to manage files between several hosts and a server - a bit like SourceSafe that programmers use to share common code.

Can you past an image of what this looks like in Windows Explorer? I should be able to tell you if this is the same Subversion I use if you can show me an image of it.

Google results for subversion shown below.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/195702-mysterious-subversion-library-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 78.69%

HELP!! I got tired of all the clutter in the "Documents" section of the Libraries. I created a new Library for my client files. I included a folder and many sub-folders from deep within the Documents library. It is working properly, the files and folders are now available in the new Library.

GREAT, BUT!!! Now every file (even I.E. favorites) that was in the Documents library is listed removed from their folders. This is over 13,000 files! In the "Documents" Library there is still "My Documents" file (I came from XP), and the files and folders are properly displayed there.

How do I get the Documents file to not show me every file I have removed from their folders?

A:Files in "Documents" Library removed from folders

Hello and welcome to the Forum. Where did all this "clutter" come from. Are they files that you transferred from another PC?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/148931-files-documents-library-removed-folders.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I have two computers in a Homegroup. I have been able to share files with no issue between the two - except today I noticed that I get a "Working on it" message and File Explorer hangs when trying to pull up the Pictures library from one of the computers. The other libraries (Videos, documents, etc.) work fine.

I've removed sharing. I've removed the offending computer from the Homegroup.

Neither fixed.

Any ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/55063-windows-10-homegroup-pictures-library-working.html
Relevancy 78.69%
A:"The dynamic link library 'capture.dll' could not be found"

lipdiss said:

hellllllllpppppppp!!! SOSClick to expand...

what does this mean??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-dynamic-link-library-capture-dll-could-not-be-found.1154655/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi All,

I have a "stand alone" copy of Microsoft Access. I tried to install it but received this message popped up:
"The Dynamic Link Library MSO9.DLL could not be located." What's that all about? I've been able to correct other programs and was allowed to replace missing/corrupted
files in the program. I received copies from someone who had the program and they gave me the EXACT location of the file and all systems ago after that. Can
anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance

Sasha

A:"The Dynamic Link Library MSO9.DLL could not be located."

Here is one possibility:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q296259

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-dynamic-link-library-mso9-dll-could-not-be-located.90798/
Relevancy 78.26%

It sounds simple done it in xp library with file creating many times I created a library called Temp and it appears to demand creating a folder I created creating library with file a folder in another Library and proceeded to drag and drop this empty folder to the new Library called Temp It did not work as there was no apparent change I tried copy and paste with no effect I next tried to copy an existing file into the Library Temp and now had two identical folders and files in two different Libraries Deleting one creating library with file folder and file combination deleted both That was a puzzle Finally I created another Library called New and it some how assigned a folder to this newly created library a folder I had used previously on the very first created Library with no input from me I apologize for what seems a randomly confused set of events I got lost trying to explain the events In short could you provide a link to educate me on creating libraries as I could not duplicate a chronologically series of operations to accomplish creating a new library with no duplication of folders in another library I think I'll go back to XP Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/creating-library-with-file-670672.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I have one file that does not show up in the Documents Library. When I am using my notebook and look at the Documents Library, I can see all the files stored in Documents on my Desktop, which is where the files actually reside. There is one specific file thay does not show up. However I can see that file if I navigate to Users/UserName/Documents. Any ideas? I checked to make sure that file didn't have any permissions restrictions.

TIA

A:One file not in Documents Library

Quote: Originally Posted by sobershea

I have one file that does not show up in the Documents Library. When I am using my notebook and look at the Documents Library, I can see all the files stored in Documents on my Desktop, which is where the files actually reside. There is one specific file thay does not show up. However I can see that file if I navigate to Users/UserName/Documents. Any ideas? I checked to make sure that file didn't have any permissions restrictions.

TIA

Hi

Is there something special about the file or folder? what is its name and where is it located?

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/39945-one-file-not-documents-library.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hey everyone. I'm trying to get PHP (4.3.4, not the beta version) to work with PWS on Win98 SE. However, whenever I try putting the "<?phpinfo();?>" tag into the document and test, I get the message:

One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found.Click to expand...

I have reinstalled PHP but still it doesn't work. Has anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

A:PHP and PWS - Library File Missing

Doesn't it give you a path where it looked for it when it generated the error?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/php-and-pws-library-file-missing.194620/
Relevancy 77.83%

O.S. Windows 7 professional.
Preferred search engine is Firefox using a google toolbar.
I have recently downloaded a number of videos which I need to conver into MPEG format to enable and old friend to view on his TV through a CD/DVD player.
The original meduim is You Tube which I downloaded through Fastest tube in using FLV format.
The folders are lodged in my downloads library where I have been unable to open them and I have no idea where the have been located.

I would be gratful if somone can assit me.

A:Unable to open downloaded video files from download library.

Google "convert FLV to MPEG" without the quotation marks.
You should find a free converter at cnet in the first entry. 
Don't forget to watch the install carefully to UNcheck the install of any "extras".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504006/unable-to-open-downloaded-video-files-from-download-library/
Relevancy 77.83%

I just installed The Orange Box, and everything seemed to go well. Portal opens fine, but after it goes past the opening Valve image, and then the Powered by Source one, and then it crashes to the desktop with the error message, "Could not load library client". Anyone have any suggestions?

I use Windows Vista, and pass all the minimum requirements, and all but one of the recommended requirements to run this game.

A:Portal - Could not load "library client"

Do the other games in the Orange Box work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/portal-could-not-load-library-client.670801/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi,

I am trying to setup media sharing (music and photo) from my server to my laptop and my ps3. Both the laptop and the ps3 can see the shared library, but when I e.g. want to see the music files I get this message "no files have been found on this remote library". I have setup a homegroup and both the laptop and the server is a member of this homegroup. I set the steaming to "allow, units to play media files automatically" - I have disabled windows firewall in the setup face - could it be that I need to open for some port in my router?

SERVER is running windows 7 professional x86
LAPTOP is running windows 7 professional x64

what to do?

A:"no files have been found on this remote library"

I solved this issue and just wanted to share this with other that might have the same problem.

The reason why I could not see my files on my laptop and ps3 was due to the fact that I had added attached network drives into my library and not libraries on the local disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/63251-no-files-have-been-found-remote-library.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello All,

I really hope someone can help me with this highly irritating problem.

I have vista home premium. In the regular Windows Media player I have all the proper cd covers. In the Media Center, Music Library, MANY of the cd covers are replaced with "Upgrade to Plus" graphics from musicmatch. I uninstalled musicmatch, but of course the problem didn't go away.. plus there were still folders (now deleted) left behind and a bunch of registry entries (not deleted, but nothing obviously related to my problem) still there.

Please, can someone help me get rid of this musicmatch virus. MusicMatch doesn't offer any support unless you buy the Plus version, which is disgraceful.

Thank You.

A:"Upgrade to Plus" icons in my VMC music library

If the "Upgrade to Plus" is in the mp3 tags, then you're going to have to use WMP to find the right album art and update the tags.

Here's an uninstall guide from MM tech support:

The following steps will take you through a very thorough uninstall and reinstall of Musicmatch Jukebox:

Step 1: Make sure all Musicmatch applications are shut down.
- Close Musicmatch Jukebox.
- Open the Task Manager (use the CTRL+SHIFT+ESCAPE key-combination on your keyboard.)
- Click the "Processes" tab.
- Click the "Image Name" column title to sort the list alphabetically.

If any of the following applications appear in the list, highlight the application then click the "End Process" button:

mmjb.exe
mim.exe
mimboot.exe
mmdiag.exe
mm_Tray.exe
mm_TDMEngine.exe
mmjbburn.exe
mmjblaunch.exe
mm_server.exe

Note: Ending a process may take several seconds. You may see a message
indicating that the application is not responding during this time. This
is normal. Simply click the "End Now" button if you see this message.

- Exit the Task Manager.

Step 2: Uninstall Musicmatch Jukebox using Add/Remove Programs
- Click the Start button on the Windows taskbar.
- Click "Control Panel".
- Click "Add or Remove Programs".
- Select "Musicmatch Jukebox".
- Click the "Change/Remove" button.
- Select "Yes" if you are asked to verify that you want to remove any shared files.
- Reboot your PC.

Step 3: Remove any leftover files that were not automatically removed during uninstall.
- Delete any remaining Musicmatch Jukebox shortcuts from your desktop
- Close any applications that are currently running on your system.
This includes any system tray applications (next to the clock on the Taskbar.)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- Click "Explore".
- Navigate to the folder where Musicmatch was installed:

Example: C:\Program Files\

- Locate the "Musicmatch" directory, highlight it and press the delete key on your keyboard.
- Confirm that you want to delete it.
- Navigate to the Windows Temp directory

Example: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp

- Delete the files and folders in the Temp directory. Note: Any files that are in use will not be deleted.
- Navigate to the application data folder on your hard drive:

Example: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\

- Locate the "Musicmatch" directory, highlight it and press the delete key on your keyboard.
- Confirm that you want to delete it.

Note: Replace "user" with your Windows account name. The Local Settings folder is a system folder and may be hidden. To unhide system folders
follow the instructions at the following URL:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

Step 4: Remove leftover registry entries that were not automatically removed during uninstall.
- Click the Start button.
- Click "Run"
- In the "Open" field type: regedit
- Click OK.

The Windows Registry editor should now be open. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU FOLLOW THE NEXT STEPS EXACTLY!

- In the left window pane you will see six main folders.
- Click the + next to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" folder.
- Click the + next to the "Software" subfolder.
- You will see a list of folders in alphabetical order. If a "Musicmatch" folder exists, highlight it then press the delete key on your keyboard.
- Click "Yes" when you are asked to verify that you want to delete the folder.
- Close the Windows registry editor.

- Restart your computer.

Step 5: Reinstall the Musicmatch Jukebox.
- Please download the setup file from the following URL:

http://www.musicmatch.com/download/free/?OS=pc&DID=999990944

To ensure a successful installation, please save the file to your desktop before running the installation. If the installation is
successful, please be certain to restart... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-to-plus-icons-in-my-vmc-music-library.548124/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello there My name s Katie and I m not the best with computers If any of you good people could help me recover my files it would be greatly appreciated If not then it s my own stupid fault for not making backups of my pictures I m on windows on a sony vaio and was trying to clean up my documents I had all my individual picture folders as a sub folder of my pictures and my pictures as a sub folder of pictures I wanted to remove the my pictures folder and keep all the sub folders I right clicked the my pictures and told it to remove location from library I ve now lost all my individual picture folders and all the photos in them I ve looked in my recycle bin and can t find them There were only one or two of the photo folders in there but when I told recycle from location undoing library" "remove bin to restore them they ve gone and I can t find them by searching the file name I think someone told me that you can reset the entire computer to how it was a couple of weeks ago which I m quite happy to do I d just love to get them back Regards Katie

A:undoing "remove location from library"

Hi Katie,

If you have removed the my pictures folder from the libraries then you have not deleted anything - libraries are just a directory system to bring together folders from different drives or other locations.

Check your user folder (top entry in right hand of start menu), and you should still have a my pictures folder, which should still contain your sub-folders and pictures.

Library - Include a Folder

If you wish to add this back to the library right click the folder choose add to library and select the pictures library when prompted.

If you have deleted the whole my pictures folder and its contents this is more of a problem but even then there are options than may work.

Check the first option above and post back - if we need to go further we can do this

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/108822-undoing-remove-location-library.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi everyone, i was posting to another thread in which i was uploading a snip of my desktop that i saved to the downloads folder, and when i clicked on the "Attach Files" tab to browse to the snip there appeared to be lots of stuff in the download folder i had deleted ages ago. I think there are two identical library's in Win 7, but for the life of me i cannot find the other folder. I want to see if the stuff is really there, and if so i wish to delete it. I took another snip so you all can see the stuff in the download folder, which i thought was deleted. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
PS: why most of the "stuff' in this folder says it was modified in the last day or so is beyond me!!

A:Still have lots of downloaded stuff in "other library"?

I always delete all the public libraries when I do an install.

Did you delete the stuff again ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/257284-still-have-lots-downloaded-stuff-other-library.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I was recently using my ipod as normal when one day i plugged it in and received this message quot The ipod hayliana s ipod is synced with another itunes library Do you want to erase this ipod and sync with this itunes library An ipod can be synced with only one itunes library at a time Erasing and library" another "iPod iTunes synced with syncing replaces the contents of this ipod with the contents of this itunes library quot I pressed cancel and itunes saved the songs on my ipod which had been purchased in the itunes "iPod synced with another iTunes library" store about songs These were then the only songs on my itunes despite the fact i ve bought a lot more than that in the itunes store thousands of other songs have disappeared Next time I went on I pressed erase and sync hoping this would bring my old songs back All it did was delete the other songs on my ipod so I am now literally left with songs on my ipod and my itunes This is all the more bizarre because my ipod has only ever been connected to one laptop ever It does not have any other itunes library Is this a virus I have tried to search for the missing songs on my laptop and they seem to have completely disappeared How can this happen One day it was fine the next i ve lost years worth of music Please help nbsp

A:"iPod synced with another iTunes library"

did you by chance plug your iPod to a different machine that had iTunes?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipod-synced-with-another-itunes-library.784536/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello. Let me start off with saying I know next to nothing about computers but googled my problem and was lead to this site. I received this message while trying to access my picture library.
"pictures.library-ms" is no longer working. This library can be safely deleted from your computer. Folders that have been included will not be affected.

Can anyone help me fix this problem?

A:"pictures.library-ms" is no longer working

Might try this out.

Libraries - Restore Default

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/129356-pictures-library-ms-no-longer-working.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I accidentally deleted the entire My Pictures folder from my library. How do I get it back? I was trying to delete an album and it deleted the entire library of pictures. My photos are still in the Windows 8 library just not the My folders library. Any help will be appreciated!

A:I deleted the "My Pictures" folder from my library

Hello jbcarrere. Welcome to Eight Forums.

Open the recycle bin and select what you want to restore if you can.
(assuming they are still there)

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/23810-i-deleted-my-pictures-folder-my-library.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Transferred "My docs" from C after including in Library.

It shows it was transferred, but C drive has not increased in space.

A:Transferred "My docs" from C after including in Library

What? Libraries are just views they don't move files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/325622-transferred-my-docs-c-after-including-library.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Sorry, I didn't know if I should post this here or under Software.

I use SnagIt for my screenshot captures. I often go into the SnagIt Editor, which is done by right clicking on the icon in the Notification area. The other day I got the bright idea to put the SnagIt Editor on the Quick Launch bar. I figured this would be a good time saver.

Windows, surprisingly, took a fairly long time to do so instead of the usual drag-n-drop quickness. While doing so, a bunch of little popups kept popping up but so fast I couldn't read them.

Afterwards, I noticed that "VulKan Runtime Library 1.0.11.1" was installed in the process.

I contacted SnagIt Tech Support and they said it's not related to SnagIt and they don't know why VulKan was installed.

Anybody have an idea what ValKan is and why it got installed in this manner?

Should I be concerned?

A:This just showed up!? "VulKan Runtime Library 1.0.11.1"

Hi,
That came bundled with the NVidia driver and yea it was not listed in the custom installer either
I at first thought it was malware.
https://www.khronos.org/vulkan/

https://forums.geforce.com/search/mo.../vulkan%20api/

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/396782-just-showed-up-vulkan-runtime-library-1-0-11-1-a.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Nevermind. Edit: answer already here.

Difference: corruption of my library was caused by clicking Apply then OK too quickly on the "Picture Properties" window (Start > Right click "Pictures" > Properties), causing the library to be updated twice simultaneously.

EDIT:
Actually the fix I linked above does NOT solve my specific problem. The repair install suggested therein is apparently the only fix.

A:"Pictures-library.ms" is no longer working

When clicking on "Pictures" in the Start Menu, I receive:

When doing "right click > Properties" on "Pictures", I receive:

I'm not fixing to try the repair install because I'll be purchasing Windows 7 soon anyways, but I certainly won't be making this mistake twice, since there is apparently no fix (at least that I can find).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/29479-pictures-library-ms-no-longer-working.html
Relevancy 77.83%

My Thinkpad notebook & Sea Monkey browser are set up for a dial up operation at home.

At the local library, how can I answer an E-mail using their wireless hot spot ???

Relevancy 77.83%

I don't know what I did but my Pictures library now has this "header" which shows me the number of pictures I have. Previously it wasn't there. I want to remove the "header". I'm not sure what it is called and nothing I have tried worked so far.

A:Removing "header" from Pictures Library

Welcome to the Seven Forums
If you have your folder in the Favorites it's not there.
In the Libraries it's there

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/187244-removing-header-pictures-library.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Using Win 8 and Office 2010. All of a sudden all of my libraries went away. When I click on any library. (Documents, Music, Pictures). I get an error message in a box. It says:
"Documents.library-ms" is no longer
working.
This library can be safely deleted from
your computer. Folders that have been
included will not be affected.

All the folders are gone. I was working with a letter in MS Word. Help, what did I do and What do I do next to retrieve everything?? There is nothing in my Recycle Bin.
Thanx for your help,
eddie460

A:Documents.library-ms" is no longer

The MS library (never got used to the pronunciation or spelling of that word, surely it should be LIBERY, no?) Anyhooo... its really just a link to your local profile. Though I don't specifically know what has happened, it is entirely possible that the link is 'broken' but the actual files still remain in the appropriate location.

For Example

My libraries will appear to be directly in my 'Jimscreechy' folder on my desktop or in the 'Libraries' folder in my windows explorer. In actual fact this is just a link to the real location which is C:\users\jimscreeechy\my music

So firstly navigate to C:\users\'your computer ID'\music... which judging from your member name I am going to equate to c:\users\eddie460\my music

if you navigate to this location and find your files, sing halleluyah and recreate the links by right-clicking the libraries icon and selecting new, then navigating to the location of your choice (music for example) where you want to reinstate the library. You can also create NEW libraries like (Reviews, Avenging Angels, Top secret stuff ) in this manner... if you choose.

If on the other hand you navigate to where your files should be and there is nothing there! Well, you may need to look at restoring from backup (if you have one) or undeleting from the recycle bin (if you haven't emptied it) or (as a last resort) reclaiming files with a restore program (shaky if you've been using the PC for any length of time since the loss of the link)

ER... hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/documents-library-ms-is-no-longer-872497.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I just created a second iTunes library by using the hold-down-SHIFT option when launching iTunes. I selected "Create Library" and named the new library, but now I can't find my original library.

iTunes Help says that it's in c:\users\USERNAME\Music, but the only library in there is the one I just created. Alternatively, I've looked in Documents and the Programs/iTunes folder.

Also, every .itl file I search for has today's date. I can't seem to find any relic of the previous/original library.

The original library has vanished. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

iTunes: 8.0.2.20

A:Finding My iTunes Library File?

Your default itunes library can be found by using google with the search term "default itunes library location."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finding-my-itunes-library-file.793452/
Relevancy 76.97%

Using longer no [SOLVED] Documents.library-ms&quot; is Win and Office All of my libraries have become unusable When I click on the [SOLVED] Documents.library-ms&quot; is no longer File Explorer icon in the Quick [SOLVED] Documents.library-ms&quot; is no longer Launch Toolbar of the Desk Top I get four icons representing Library s Music Pictures and Videos When I click on LIBRARY I get error message LIBRARY library-ms quot is no longer working This library can be safely deleted from your computer Folders that have [SOLVED] Documents.library-ms&quot; is no longer been included will not be affected I get a similar error message if i click on any of the others In addition my DOCUMENTS Library is missing I am able to view and recall items in Documents all of which are Word items by creating a new word document clicking on RECENT This gives me all of my documents How do I restore the ability to click on the File Explorer icon and then Documents to see and use all my Word documents and files I asked this question previously and received a solution from JIMSCREECHY He suggested that I navigate to C users my computer ID any library and right-clicking the libraries icon and selecting new then navigating to the location of your choice music for example where you want to reinstate the library When I right click on Library or any other item I do not have a NEW option If I highlight Library and right click in the field I am given the NEW option Clicking on it creates a new Library Similarly doing the same to PICTURES VIDEOS or MUSIC also creates a NEW LIBRARY Today I did a system restore to a point before this all happened and it did no good Everything is still not working As you can see I need some help please Thanks eddie

A:[SOLVED] Documents.library-ms&quot; is no longer

Click on File Explorer Icon, the Libraries window opens, Right click Libraries on the Left side and choose Restore Default Libraries.
If that doesn't work, Your profile may be corrupted.
Try creating a new user with Admin rights, log out of the current user profile and login as the new user. Fix a corrupted user profile - Windows Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-documents-library-ms-and-quot-is-no-longer-876161.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Every time I make a new library the icon is the same general one. If I set the lib type to one of the specific ones the icon stays the same. If I open the lib in notepad I can verify that the iconReference xml tag is missing. What can I do to fix this? I have just run a scan for corrupted windows files which came up clean.

-micnolmad

A:Every new library is missing "iconReference"

Take a look thru this -

Quote:
NOTE: If this is a new Library that you have created, then the line will not be there and you will need to add the <iconReference>"path to icon w/file extension"</iconReference> line directly under the <isLibraryPinned>-1</isLibraryPinned> line entry.

Libraries Icons - Change
Libraries Icon - Change Default Icon

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/81854-every-new-library-missing-iconreference.html