Windows Support Forum

problem with no user account

Q: problem with no user account

I was finally able to complete Win bit Home Premium installed to Acer laptop Took so many trial and errors to complete But now since I was able to problem user no account with install windows I didn't get create new user account and windows had restarted without me noticing it - And now when I start windows normally I get only User Password box since I don't know what account it has I can't log in - Started windows in Safe Mode windows logged to Administrator account but I don't seem to able problem with no user account to do any changes since it gives me error wrong account user logged in And I was thinking to try this quot Getting Started quot thing at start menu but Instead that I got BSOD to the face - Now after BSOD I started windows problem with no user account normally I have quot Administrator quot and quot Other User quot accounts in welcome screen I tried to use Administrator account but got quot Your account has been disabled quot What should I do to get it fixed

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: problem with no user account

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: problem with no user account

Hello Aw,

You might see if this may be able to help with the "Other user" issue.

Logon Screen - Fix Showing Only "Other User" and Last Logged On User

If needed, you could enable the built-in "Administrator" account at boot.

Built-in Administrator - Enable from WinRE

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330357-problem-no-user-account.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I'm the only user on this laptop and my admin account to Profile/Account User admin problem (can't account) login original was called quot HybridPC quot and I disabled the windows login screen Turn computer on and goes right to desktop One day the welcome screen popped up out of nowhere and I had to login I tried disabling the login screen to where it was before and now I've screwed things up royally I cannot login to my original admin account or find it All the files are still there on my C Users HybridPC folder but I've lost the profile and user I think I messed things up further by trying to create delete other new user accounts I've attached screenshots showing my C users folder User account screen and the netplwiz exe profiles I've been adding deleting and can't get back to square one I don't see my user at all on the welcome screen Thanks for your help Top User Folder is new today and odd looking as I was attempting to fix on my own

A:User Profile/Account problem (can't login to original admin account)

Hello tytlyf, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Let's start to see if you disabled or deleted your "HybridPC" by using the tutorial below to get details about all accounts on your computer while you are logged in to your "Admin" account, then post back with them. Afterwards, we can go from there.

User Accounts - View Detailed Information About in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357762-user-profile-account-problem-cant-login-original-admin-account.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Good evening from Graz,

i have quite a strange problem on my personal pc since the last few days. I cannot login to my useraccount(which has a transparent picture at the logon screen since a few days).
I have just one workarround: if i login with my adminaccount and logoff, the userpicture of my privateaccount appears again and the login is possible.

What could this problem be related to?

greetings
Nico Müller

A:Solved: Windows 7 User Account Problem(Transparent User Picture)

Good morning,

solved it. Disabled the admin account, and removed the pw of my useraccount.
Kind a strange problem indeed, but seems to be solved.

Thanks anyway,
Nico

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-user-account-problem-transparent-user-picture.946560/
Relevancy 63.21%

My grandmother was recently hacked and she changed all her passwords herself (yay!). However she did not write down her new local user account password for her laptop.

I tried downloading OPHCrack, I burned it as an ISO file and put it on a DVD-R(only thing I had on hand) and i changed the boot order on her BIOS menu to had the DVD drive as the first priority. It does not run....I hear the disk drive moving, or spinning but the program does not run. Are there any other options or do I have to do a complete system restore to bypass this? Also if that is what I have to do how do I do that without being in her control panel?

A:Old Problem New User- Forgot Local User Account Password

Hello there "hater",are you sure you downloaded the right OPHcrack version?It should be the one that is intended to be used on,not the one being used to download and be burned on.Try imgburn,never failed me to create bootable CDs or DVDs.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/40661-old-problem-new-user-forgot-local-user-account-password.html
Relevancy 62.78%

CANT FIND THE DEL BUTTON,,, 

NOT RIGHT PLACE FOR MY WRIGTING,,,:-)

A:1 account, 2 user names, but only 1 user = Big Registry Problem

What is exactly the meaning of this topic? Is it a queestion or a discussion?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563705/1-account-2-user-names-but-only-1-user-big-registry-problem/
Relevancy 61.49%

Guys I have done this in the past but cannot recall how and don't want to botch.

I had hoped Windows 10 corrected the "rename user account" function but nope. I renamed a User Account due to conflict on the LAN [same name, same spelling] and sure enough, now I have two names for the account, one a slightly hidden original name, and permissions issues. To rid it, I will create an all new Administrator account, move everything over, and demolish the old.
How to do? the docs/files are easy... the settings for apps etc are not as I recall

thx

A:Move/copy-paste User Account data & docs to New User account same sys

Don't even try would be my recommendation.

Make a new Admin account and copy your documents. Set everything else up from scratch.

Most applications will store their stuff in %localappdata% but unless you have some specific app (Windows Live Mail or Outlook or something) tht you must move it would be much better not to try to move things.

If there is something specifically you want to move then ask about that - I've moved the 2 I mention above, for sure someone else has moved something else.

Generally it will be quicker (and cleaner) to start from scratch than trawl though everything hoping to make sure you moved the lot. You'll only end up missing some odd directory and it will not work.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/40321-move-copy-paste-user-account-data-docs-new-user-account-same-sys.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I am trying to create a non admin user account, which I know how to do the simple way, however I have been using the admin user account for a while now however I want to transfer/copy program setting, etc to this knew user account.

so I want to: create a non admin user account which is duplicate of the current existing admin account but from her on to install software etc I install under admin account.

I am using Vista too

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
David Lambie

A:How do I copy existing admin user account to normal user account

I would
> Create the new profile with admin privileges
> Transfer stuff things to the new profile (see here)
> Then remove admin privilege from the new account

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-copy-existing-admin-user-account-to-normal-user-account.146098/
Relevancy 60.63%

My folders and files in C:/users/myname/ can be viewed and accessed from the Guest user account. How do I stop this?

A:Files in my user account can be accessed from guest user account in VISTA

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/files-in-my-user-account-can-be-accessed-from-guest-user-account-in-vista.805452/
Relevancy 60.63%

Is there a fix for Unlocking AD User Account in Windows7 so I do not I have to use WindowsXP AD to unlock the User Account?  Is there a fix and/or update for fixing this problem?
Your help will ge greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Fred

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ebba5cb6-70f2-44e2-b1dd-6b0bc19de52f/is-there-a-fix-for-unlocking-ad-user-account-in-windows7-so-i-do-not-i-have-to-use-windowsxp-ad-to?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Vista 32 system that has some corruption. Several things like the NET v2.0 framework do not work correctly and it does not do a Windows update without an error. Basically, I know some corruption must exist in the registry.

I have a new drive that I restored a backup from way back when the system was working OK. Naturally there are programs and files that need to be updated. I will have to reinstall the programs that did not exist on the old backup, but I was hoping I could restore my user account profile "in bulk" without just moving individual files. Is there anything wrong with deleting the whole content of the restored user account profile and replacing it with my present profile?

A:replacing a restored user account from backup with present user account

You could use Windows Easy Transfer, I will be back with more information.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

You can also, just back up your files etc and then restore them to the new account.

You have to be careful with anything that you do, to be sure that the corruption is not transferred.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/271710-replacing-restored-user-account-backup-present-user-account.html
Relevancy 58.91%

hi

how can it be?

a standar user turns the pc on, goes to her account and turns the general volume down and then turns the pc off

i go later turn the pc on , go to my account and i have the volume down too

why???????????????????

A:1 user account urns down the volume and my user account gets affected

That is how Windows seems to work. I have three users on my system, and if I adjust the volume with one, the other two are affected. I did find this: How do I keep individual user volume settings on my computer?

Maybe it will help you. I will also ask others to take a look.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238773-1-user-account-urns-down-volume-my-user-account-gets-affected.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

We are creating a PDF file in login user's local application folder (C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\folder1) through a custom .Net application and displaying the created pdf file in application.

The above functionality is working for users who are part of domain and added to local vista machine as users (both for administrator and standard user accounts).
The same is not working for local users (both administrator and standard user accounts created in vista box).

File is getting created for any user under their local appdata folder and can able to open from that location, but not displaying from app in case of local system users (admin or standard type).

Can anyone help me what security settings differ between domain users vs local users in vista business 32 bit OS?

Thanks
Padmaja

A:domain account user vs local account user in vista

Policy that is actually causing the problem (or lack thereof) is corresponds to Internet Options control panel, Connections tab, Lan Settings button: Use Automatic Configuration settings.
Having this turned on causes IE to load a configuration file prepared by IT department which makes a whole lot of configuration changes to IE, including remapping the security zones. We can test this by unchecking this option (the default state).
Since the machine is in domain and since we are testing with domain users accounts, I have monitored domain controller pushing down a bunch of policy settings which relax the IE security settings, causing the reports to display.
First, domain settings will resync over time and this checkbox will keep getting turned back on automatically. So you can?t really turn this off, it won?t stay off. I would feel better just testing local accounts, but since the computer is also a member of the domain, machine-specific policies are applied by the domain as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/252093-domain-account-user-vs-local-account-user-vista.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Dell XPS 9100 with Windows 7 Prof. I am using the user account made during the initial bootup of the new computer, to make the desired settings and adding software installations. However after I finish with the initial tweaking, I will reduce the account privileges from Administrator to Standard user level. However, before I change the account level, I will make another user account with administrator user level.

Is there a way to have the new user account have the same settings as the initial user account when it is Simimade, such as copying, etc? I am not looking forward to manually making all of the sames changes/settings that I have made in the initial bootup user account, to the new user account with administrator privileges.

I would very much appreciate any suggestions regarding the above. Thanks Sam

A:Creating a New User Account Similar to an Existing User Account

Hello Scams,

About as close as you can get to this would be to create a new administrator account with the name you like, then copy all of the contents of the old user account's C:\Users\(user-name) folders (including hidden AppData folder) into the corresponding new account's C:\Users\(user-name) folder. After everything checks out ok, you can delete the old user account while logged in the new user account.

It will copy most of your settings, like your Start Menu shortcuts, to the new account, but items stored in the registry, like your desktop background, would have to be reset again.

Hope this helps some,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/114431-creating-new-user-account-similar-existing-user-account.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a user with a machine that was setup with Win 8.1 Home. The machine has been upgraded to 8.1 Pro and joined to a domain (WinSrv 2003). I need to get the conten/configuration from their old local machine user profile to their new domain user profile. I tried to copy the contents of their ../users/<name>/.. folder from the local user profile to the new domain user profile (after they had logged in once, and then logged off). This did not work. When I did the copy, I grabbed all files, including hidden...was that my mistake, or is the issue broader?

In the end....they want their old stuff and configuration under their new credentials/profile.

Thanks!

-Nick

A:Merge Domain User Account with Local User Account

There are 4 conventional ways of accomplishing this task.

Option 1: Simply copy My Documents, Favorites, Desktop items from one to the other. You will have to setup program options again, may or may not be a big deal

Option 2: Use the Windows Easy Transfer option. Explained here. Vista & Win7 local to domain profile migration

Option 3: Use the Copy To Feature in User Profiles, explained here: Copy a user profile. The steps are outlined for different versions of Windows, but they work the same in Windows 8.

Option 4: Use the User State Migration Tool. User State Migration Tool 4.0 User's Guide. Here is a link to a video on using the USMT. User State Migration Tool in Windows 7 - Install | TechNet

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/52778-merge-domain-user-account-local-user-account.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I got this problem my desktop icons/startups went missing

but when i check on the Users folder i can see them[desktop icons]

all my auto start are gone.. ex. anti virus, ym, msn, etc etc

its like that i have a new user account..

thanks for the help

A:problem with User account

Welcome,
Important things first. Changes like this do not happen. It can be a major problem
Run a full anti virus scan
Download and run malwarebytes. Full scan and update it first

If these are negative, try a system restore.

But be sure, we do not want a virus to sperad to restore points..

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/124830-problem-user-account.html
Relevancy 57.62%

When we logon to our company's User account on our Windows XP computer, it gives me an error stating that it is unable to locate certain files, it is logging me on as a Guest, gives me about a 20 second countdown, and it says any settings or changes will not be saved. This occurred after the boss's son screwed around in the computer and hid some files and deleted or moved other files in an attempt to cover his tracks. How can I recover/help my computer "find" my saved User profile again?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439547/user-account-problem/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 14R and use windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I was trying to download itunes but it showed failure and did not respond. Then, I used task manager to close the window. Then, I restart the computer. Now, I see many of my desktop icons missing and also my documents missing. However, those documents are availble in a folder called Uses\Dell folder in C drive. Apart from these problems, the fonts of the internet explorer has changed and its like using a new computer where I have to install programs again. Please help.

A:User account problem

Were you able to completely download and install itunes?

try performing a system restore to reset it first

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/117916-user-account-problem.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I just got done removing tons of spyware with OldTimer I have a problem with my User Account in in Account Win. XP Problem User the control panel section When I click on quot User Accounts quot it goes to a blank screen with a warning prompt that says Automation server can t create object Next I click OK the User Account Page is blank Thier are forward and backward arrows on top along with the quot home Page Button quot next to the arrows but everything below is blank OK when I click on any arrow buttons I get anouther warning prompt that says g Navigator is null or not an object --It says User Account Problem in Win. XP everything I have typed thier I click ok and still the page below the quot forward amp backward arrows quot and quot homepage button quot is blank This has been going on for awhile now I have to add someone to the quot Users Account quot but I can t Also when I go to quot MSCONFIG quot thier isn t a quot BOOT INI quot section thier I like using that quot boot ini quot section to boot in safe mode it is alot easier My quot boot ini quot file is in C windows pss boot ini backup Instead of saying boot ini it says boot ini backup I fixed this problem before but I forget how to do it now Thank Alot for your time johnnycoolwhip

A:User Account Problem in Win. XP

when you get alot of spyware, and then remove it....alot of your xp system files will be corrupt.......alot of incompatibilities, lost files, errors.

I reccomend just a clean reformat if you want to fix it all.

do a search for boot.ini and download the original file and place it there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/19765/user-account-problem-in-win-xp/
Relevancy 57.62%

I am trying to create a new standard user account under Windows 7 64 bit system. Logged in as administrator and have produced 3 other standard user accounts in the past using the straightforward control panel process. This time I get the following error message when trying to logon to the new account -
"The user profile service failed the logon.
User Profile Cannot be loaded"
Didn't need to do anything about user profiles in the past.

Any help greatly appreciated.

A:new user account problem

After searching I've discovered a possible resolution.

Error message when you log on to a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer by using a temporary profile: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

Click the link above, you will be redirected to the Microsoft support site for your current issue.

Please be sure to comment back as I will assist you further if help is needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/60210-new-user-account-problem.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm running XP Home and I have 4 users.All users are administrator accounts.3 of them are fine but on the other account I cant even change my background wallpaper.most programs work but some refuse to.what could cause this.

A:user account problem

Looks like a corrupt profile.

Login under a different Admin account, move any personal files for that profile into a folder on the C Drive, then delete the profile and have the user log back in.

If that doesn't work, try removing the user and then re-creating a new login!

Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-problem.89540/
Relevancy 57.62%

I currently cannot move or rename folders on any drive and my desktop icons Auto Arrange every reboot even though Auto arrange is not ticked I think the problem started with my user account I got the message quot user profile did not load correctly quot When I examined my quot Users quot folder I noticed that the quot Default and All Users quot folders that had always been there had vanished leaving only the quot Mike quot administrator profile that would not load and a think??? Account User problem...I new folder called quot Public quot Using regedit I went User Account problem...I think??? HKEYLOCALMACHINE SOFTWARE MICROSOFT WINDOWSNT currentversion ProfileList and altered the State and RefCount values back to My original user account User Account problem...I think??? loaded next boot but thereafter failed to load on following boots as the registry values revert I have tried all standard fixes ScanDisk ASC System File Checker Full virus scan with Kaspersky even windows defender and Malicious Software Tool Somewhere in there my quot Mike quot admin user account now loads but all my files and folders became read only by default and cannot be unticked which is probably why I cannot move or rename any folder be it on my boot drive backup drive or even the plug-in drive I can copy folders between drives I tried creating new user accounts but they hung and never got to the desktop at startup The full priviledge adminstrator created in CMD prompt would not load quot and the quot user profile did not load correctly quot appeared again I downloaded the registry key quot Fix Rename Bit Vista quot but it did not work I also tried giving Full control to all user accounts no luck I do not have any system restore or registry backups that predate the problems The event viewer is a mass of error and warning messages Any suggestions anyone nbsp

A:User Account problem...I think???

In System ; Event 7024
In Application: Event 4112, 4185, 4163

So its some thing to do with the MST transaction Manager????
But how do i Fix it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-problem-i-think.964556/
Relevancy 57.62%

I recently purchased a Dell Vostro s with Windows Pro installed I migrated all my settings and data from my existing PC running XP Pro via my LAN Whilst doing this I was instructed to set up an additional Administrator account which I named 'Administrator ' - it wouldn't allow 'Administrator' which I have now found out is because there is a 'hidden' account with that Account with Problem User name When I tried to install Quickbooks I entered the activation key having logged in via my own account set up as an Administrator but received an error This problem was solved by logging in using the Administrator account and then no problem occured I have now discovered that MobileMe will not synchronise using my user account but does using Admin In addition Acrobat Problem with User Account crashes on opening via my user account but not using Admin It would appear that there is some fault with my user account but I don't know where to start Are there settings which I can alter to correct the fault Alternatively can I migrate my own data etc onto the Admin account and then just use Problem with User Account that Should I copy all my data delete my own account and then set up a new account Many thanks in anticipation Jason

A:Problem with User Account

Hello JasonL, welcome to Seven Forums!

First off I would not use ant acct with Admin in the name at all, too many possible conflicts.

To get aquainted, have a look at the tutorial at the link below and the "related tutorials" listed at the end of the tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...nts.html?ltr=U

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/69753-problem-user-account.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Okay there are two things going on here First off I never used to have to click an icon at the welc ome screen or anything and now I do I read how to fix that but now when it skips the welcome icon screen it goes to some generic administrator account not the one I made Secondly when shutting down the graphics are different It's Problem User Account XP no longer the icons for shutdown restart and whatever it's an old school looking window with a drop down menu I'm pretty sure XP User Account Problem installing Cinema d also installed the asp net thingy which started making trouble with the log-on but I'm just confused and can't figure out how to fix it I just want to turn my computer XP User Account Problem on it automatically start-up windows under my user account and be done with it And the shutdown thing is just stupid I have no idea why it changed from the simple icons to the older looking drop down menu User Accounts say my created account is an administrator but I don't see the other administrator so I can delete it or something I'm pretty sure I just need my one created account to exist by itself so it picks mine Just an annoying problem Any ideas solutions

A:XP User Account Problem

Hello MJDeViant,

First of all, could you please tell us if this issue is with your Windows? XP installation or your Windows? Vista? installation.

Once we have this information, we will be in a better position to advise you.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-user-account-problem-187264.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I recently purchases a new laptop for a end-user. Under user accounts I see the users log in listed twice once to the domain and once to the local computer. When I log in as this user I can't get to the internet work network or log off and everything hangs. When I log in as myself or administrator I can do all of the above with no problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-problem.566920/
Relevancy 57.62%

All of a sudden my user account,"Owner", is asking for a password. I don't remember ever having assigned a password there. Also, when I try to log in under "Owner" I get a message " The User Profile service failed to the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded" I don't recall ever having established a profile for this account. I am able to log into another account but I have no data there. All my data is in the user account "Owner". I don't want to establish any more accounts because my data is all in the "Owner" account. I am able to use the internet under the other account but all my Favorites are under the "owner" account. Any ideas?

Glenn

A:user account problem

By the way, I am using Windows7.

Glenn

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-account-problem-930138.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack When I try to sign in on my usual account it loads a temp account instead This started when User Problem Account one day I went to sign in and I got a message saying it could not connect to the domain server All my accounts are local and User Account Problem not on a remote server and is signing me into a temp account Now every time I sign into that account it just goes to the temporary account and doesn't even display a message saying so All other accounts seem to work just fine I went to go do a system restore and for some reason it was turned off and none of my restore points showed up I know for a fact it was on before because I had used it recently before On startup I get several system errors Quote The adfs service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file User Account Problem specified Quote The Adobe Active File Monitor V service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified Quote The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to User Account Problem load Lbd At the time the issue started my pc was part of a domain I switched it to a workgroup all the other pc's connected to the router are set to a workgroup to see if it would fix the problem but it had no effect When I tried putting it back to the domain it said the domain could no be found so I left it in the workgroup I also tried deleting the temp account not the TEMP folder in C Documents and Settings but when I signed into the account it just created a new temp account The name of the temp account it create is David GAMES David being the username and GAMES being the pc name

A:User Account Problem

I know I am not much help here.......

adfs service failed - Maybe related to HP printer

Adobe Active File Monitor V6 - appears to related Adobe\Photoshop Elements 6.0\PhotoshopElements

On the system restore being off - possible malware problem.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-account-problem-518961.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I've just bought a new computer and it was set up to have 2 users, Mike and Dad. We didn't need the 'dad' account so I deleted it. However, if I go to C:/Documents and Settings you still find 'Mike', 'Dad' and 'all users'. If you try and delete 'dad' it doesn't let you, and if you try and change the name it won't let you either. Is there anyway of getting rid of this user? Under 'User Acounts' in control panel 'Mike' is the only user...

Can anyone help?

A:User Account problem?

Is dad an administrator account ?If so try logging in as administrator in safe mode and delete the account there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-problem.163713/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello all I have a bad situation on my PC that I should have fixed but here I am Last year my XP Account User Problem home was basically crashed wouldn't boot up just kept restarting A friend of mine had an authorized version of XP pro that could be installed which I did I was User Account Problem able to get to all of my old files on the quot home quot version and all was fine I should have retrieved everything and wipped the system Here's the problem now My wifes user account I have three accounts at log on screen took some sort of a hit When she logs her settings are all different and her documents are gone in desktop and my docs User Account Problem folder When I log into my account I can see her original folder as well as one that has a dot followed by some numbers It seems her account split off into a modified account I was able to get some of the documents retireved but some things like Quicken data User Account Problem appears to be gone If she was hacked they have our balances but nothing else really as account numbers are not stored in Quicken Is there a way to restore her log in so that her original user account appears At the log in screen it looks the same but when you click to log in it takes her to this other account Thanks Just thought to add this item before this happened we were quickly apporaching a full hard drive GB capacity I just hadn't had time to transfer stuff to our external hard drive Maybe this problem led to the other I've got about GB free now there was less than free space when the problems began So I guess this could be the problem or does anyone think this is virus MW related

OK...to make it worse....this morning when I loged on I received a message that Norton staopped its scan becaus ethere was not enough memory. I had just moved 12 GB to an external drive. Now it says I once again only have 1 GB remaining on th ehard drive! Somebodies loading stuff on to my PC.....or it's being used as a host?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-account-problem-409687.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I'm new to the forums and I see that this is the only place where I can find help problem account User I've recently began to encounter rather nasty problems on my laptop which is really important to me cause I'm a college student and a lot of my homework is done on the laptop The thing is that my user account created some kind of a mess I only made one account on xp for me and I decided to make a password for it also After the xp loading message I would receive the message that the system could not sign me in and that I need to write the User account problem password roughly translated because the system is in croatian It was ok i just wrote the password and got in Anyway after some time the system asked me for the password again but this time this message appeared briefly and disappeared suddenly leaving me with the screen that only said Windows is starting and it seems like at this point it crashes I tried to fix the problem and accidentally deleted this account but before that i created another account without the password Now I'm working on this new account However the problem of the message appearing briefly and then disappearing still remains even though I deleted my old account Sometimes it crashes sometimes it loads and I can work normally like this one the system didn't crash I was lucky enough What should I do about this problem I'm a student and it really is important for the sake of my school performance to solve this problem Any suggestions Thanks

A:User account problem

Suggestions:

Right click My Computer, Properties, Hardware, Device Manager. Locate
the entries for your hard disks and double click each entry. On the
Policies tab, uncheck Enable write caching.

You will see a performance decrease because of this, but if the
corrupt registry/user profiles problems cease, then you'll be certain
of the cause.

Logon to another account with admin privilege and run System Restore.
Choose the most recent restore point and SR should restore the user
hives.

Or...

Boot into safe mode and log in as Administrator. Copy ntuser.dat from
%windir%\repair to "Documents and Settings\[your user id]". Now do a
system restore to a point in time prior to when the corruption message
began to appear.

Or...

Relocate NTUserdat

Look in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList and find the profile you want to change

and
then change ProfileImagePath to the ntuser.dat folder that you want to
use.
You must manually copy or move the ntuser.dat file there.

Corrupt Hive
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_sys32.htm

How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...b;en-us;Q307545

Recovery Console Fix for XP SP1 (Line 58)
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-account-problem-413244.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have logged on as an administrator and installed a third party software for my windows XP,I was able to access that software and work in it as an administrator,but any other users in the same XP computer is not able to see that program,as an administrator i am able to access that software through the system tray too,but the users cannot access it,Could any one help me out to resolve this issue

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all I was trying to secure some of my files on a shared computer and created a new user account with administrator privileges and named it quot Daniel quot After moving my files to this account I discovered that these files could Problem User Account still be accessed by the other account named quot bennett quot also an administrator account I logged back onto quot Daniel quot and under the Users folder right clicked quot Daniel quot clicked Properties User Account Problem clicked Security and clicked Advanced I denied access to this folder to quot bennett quot but after logging back on to quot bennett quot and clicking the quot quot Daniel quot folder under Users it told me I did not have access to that folder but to gain access just click continue I did so and was able to access the account I logged back on to quot Daniel quot and further denied access to Administrator bennett-pc or something with a similar title After doing this I was not able to gain access to any of my files even when logged onto Daniel However I right clicked and restored access to this folder to quot Daniel quot it told me it did not have an owner and that I could claim ownership of it but that did not immediately give me access to the file folders contained within it I have to right click and do the same to gain access to them I don't mind having to go through and take ownership of all these folders manually but the problem I'm having is I still cannot open the files within these folders If I try to restore access to them or take ownership it adds a small lock symbol to their icons and when I try to open them it tells me access its denied This is turning out to be a big problem for me so any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Quote: Originally Posted by daniel321

Hi all!

I was trying to secure some of my files on a shared computer and created a new user account with administrator privileges and named it "Daniel". After moving my files to this account, I discovered that these files could still be accessed by the other account named "bennett"(also an administrator account). I logged back onto "Daniel" and under the Users folder right clicked "Daniel", clicked Properties, clicked Security, and clicked Advanced. I denied access to this folder to "bennett", but after logging back on to "bennett" and clicking the ""Daniel" folder under Users, it told me I did not have access to that folder, but to gain access just click continue. I did so and was able to access the account. I logged back on to "Daniel" and further denied access to Administrator(bennett-pc) or something with a similar title. After doing this I was not able to gain access to any of my files even when logged onto Daniel.

However, I right clicked and restored access to this folder to "Daniel" (it told me it did not have an owner and that I could claim ownership of it) but that did not immediately give me access to the file folders contained within it. I have to right click and do the same to gain access to them. I don't mind having to go through and take ownership of all these folders manually, but the problem I'm having is I still cannot open the files within these folders. If I try to restore access to them (or take ownership), it adds a small lock symbol to their icons and when I try to open them it tells me access its denied.

This is turning out to be a big problem for me so any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Your problem is that an administrator cant deny another administrator access. If you want daniel secure the only way is to remove bennet from Admin or securing the folder with a 3rd party password app.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/133494-user-account-problem.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi there,

I am hoping someone here can help.

I have a desktop running windows 7 and I have set up 3 user accounts - mine the main one as administrator, my son & guest.

When I try to launch the main one, I get the cmd box up and cannot exit it - when I put in the command exit it just goes to a black screen and stays there.

Yet I can go on as a guest and all seems to work fine, but obviuosly I need to access my user account because its got all sorts of stuff on there I cannot access as a guest.

By the way up until a few days ago my main user account worked just fine - I have also tried a system restore but that has not made any difference

Can anyone offer any help please?

A:User account problem with cmd box

Are you able to login to the administrator under safemode ???

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291579-user-account-problem-cmd-box.html
Relevancy 57.62%

For the past month I've had a lot of problems with my computer It started when my PC wouldn't boot I tried making a boot disc but that didn't work so I reformatted I problem User Account then reinstalled Vista Home Premium but I started getting some problems I couldn't install the Vista Service Packs My PC would often freeze when trying to install updates playing games or on the internet So I got a copy of Windows XP and tried installing that but the option was grayed out when I inserted the User Account problem disc So I reformatted again and installed XP However with XP I could not User Account problem get an internet User Account problem connection so I reinstalled Vista Things improved a bit I was still getting problems when playing games and on the internet but updates worked So a few days ago I was on FireFox but it froze I tried using Ctrl Alt Delete but that didn't work After a few minutes it was still frozen so I had to reboot When the computer was back on instead of loading Windows there was a black screen with an error message and I think it was doing a system restore When I logged in I got a message saying Your user profile was not loaded correctly You have been logged on with a temporary profile Changes you make to the profile will be lost when you log off Please see the event log for details or contact your Administrator So I lost access to everything in my documents music videos pictures internet bookmarks game saves etc I tried rebooting but it was still in the temporary profile I downloaded the Vista Service Pack amp and they installed properly this time I tried making a new account and that works just find However I would really like to have my old profile working again So how do I view the event log And how can I get my profile back

A:User Account problem

hi you could try starting in safemode and running system restore to a point before your issue occured,try F8 on boot and choose safemode

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-account-problem-404155.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I only have one user account admin on my computer I have guest account enabled for rare other users at my home I got infected with zero access and have since eradicated it My only problem I seem to have left is when I try to load QuickBooks the app hangs Spent hours on phone and remote assistance ??????? with account user problem with two levels problem with user account ??????? of tec support from quickbooks tried everything still no functioning program All other apps seem to work properly at least all the ones I have tried I happened to go to my guest account and was able to load the app restore my company backup and all seems to function properly I can't understand why this is The only clue I can find is error reporting QB has an error message Log Name Application Source QuickBooks Date AM Event ID Task Category Error Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Darin-PC Description An unexpected error has occured in QuickBooks Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle Why will this program work in guest account but not in my account The company files are stored in public documents Any ideas

A:problem with user account ???????

You did uninstall the application...then reinstall it, correct?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516062/problem-with-user-account/
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm experiencing a couple issues XP User Problem? Account in XP Media Center that I believe are related and somehow connected to Windows user accounts I had XP User Account Problem? one main user account set up for years password protected and at times XP User Account Problem? I had a guest limited account for my kids More recently I changed the password on my account I now have one more recently installed application I don't think it matters too much but fwiw it's Ring Central Call Controller I use for my work that will not launch unless I right-click and select open as and have the drop down box on administrator and enter my password The curious thing is that it doesn't accept my new password only my old password And I am the main user on this computer and have full admin rights so I don't get why I am having to start an app this way anyways- my other apps seem to be fine If I just double click on the RCCC app exe to try to launch it normally I get no error message or nothing just nothing happens failure to launch Now the other problem that I think is related to this all is that when and only when I have had this Call Controller app open even if I exit it before shutting down windows I invariably get popups when I shut down windows First an end program task mgr box pops up for explorer exe process and then after that an end program box pops up for power meter which is strange as my PC is a desktop not a notebook and these end task boxes will not automatically shut down those processes if I let their progress meters complete- either one will freeze the shutdown process If I just click shutdown and walk away the next morning my computer's still on But if I click the end now button on both of these warnings shutdown will complete Is there a proper safe way to delete all user accounts and reset it all to start again from scratch Or might it be that I need something a little more drastic to purge the registry Any other suggestions

A:XP User Account Problem?

Reset your Ring Central password to coincide with your XP one.
Frequently Asked Questions | RingCentral Office | RingCentral Mobile
It's under Setting up your phone system.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-user-account-problem-663191.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Ok I have a computer with XP home on it and only one user account which happens to not be an administrator account. My sister gave me the computer to fix she complained that she couldnt do anything which required administrative rights to do. The problem is there's only one account on the comp which is a limited user. I don't see an option anywhere to make a new username. Is there any way to make a new name with administrative rights? Thanks in advance!

A:User Account Problem in XP

XP has a default built in Administrator Account if you log on in safemode.

This link might help
http://www.ncsu.edu/resnet/windows/passwords/xp_passwords_admin.php

joan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-problem-in-xp.651023/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have been trying to create a new user for my computer and it won't allow me. I have read some of the posts and tried what I could but most were about the same advice and some of them were too technical for me. Could someone chat with me so I can create one??

JD

A:User Account Creation Problem

Hi Mystman414 and welcome to Vista Forums

What error message are you getting when you try to create a new account? Is the account that you are using when you try to create the new account an administrator account?
See the following Tutorial: User Account - Create

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/210874-user-account-creation-problem.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have user creating new account Problem a laptop which uses Windows XP professional service pack I am trying to stop my children having full access to download whatever they want which causes the computer to slow down I wanted to create a limited user account for them and this worked a dream on my desktop which has Windows XP home edition However when I try and do it on my laptop I am faced with problems The user account showing is Administrator and I cannot change the name for this When I try to create a new user account it says that at least Problem creating new user account one person must be the administrator and will not allow me to make the new account limited If I do designate the new account as a administrator then I lose the original administrator account including all the files I managed to get these back by doing a system restore What I do not understand is why when I try and set up a new account it doesn t recognise the Administarors Problem creating new user account account Problem creating new user account as the computer administator and allow me to create a new limited account Thanks for any help you can provide

A:Problem creating new user account

Try booting into safe mode, login to Administrator account and try out again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284090/problem-creating-new-user-account/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

Im having problems with start up on my vista computer. Since 2 days ago ive been experiencing problems at the welcome screen. We have got 5 users including guest on the computer. It starts up and says welcome for a split second, then usually the 5 users come up so we can pick one, but its now nothing coming up until i press a few buttons.
So i took the password off one of the users and it comes on and it has a spasm attack when i click on the window button it clicks by itself and when i try to lock or log off it logs straight back on. but i do not experience this on my user account.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/365511/start-up-user-account-problem/
Relevancy 57.19%

I ve recently setup a limited user account on a XPSP Home machine The intent is to use it for internet and email When Account User Limited Problem I switch to this account and try to setup say my email client the configuration or settings do not stick On a couple other apps too when I click on them to start them it s as if it s the first time they are being executed I enter the info apply or save and when I shut the app and come back into it the same thing happens For Limited User Account Problem instance in the email client each time I go in the setup wizard starts and asks for my pop and smtp etc I enter it save shut the app come back in and the wizard starts again asking for the same things Along with this limited user account is the original admin account the one that shows up in safe mode and a password protected admin Limited User Account Problem account visible at the welcome screen Any help would be appreciated Thank you for your time patmac nbsp

A:Limited User Account Problem

It has been awhile since I messed with the limited accounts in XP Home, but I remember finding them difficult to configure the way I wanted..
Have you tried extending the account to administrator, and doing the setups, then reducing the account to limited again?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-user-account-problem.549591/
Relevancy 57.19%

i have a weired problem with user account in my windows vista premieum system. i have three account on my system, which i remember that i made two of them administrator and one standard, it even shows like that on logon screen. but on user acoount setting window my all accounts are shown as standard account. although i perform almost all administrator related task on my accounts that are administrator but some day back i tried to run ultimate boot cd for windows and that told me u don't have administrator right for this also some other programmes told me so to although still i am able to perform most of the adminstrative task such as installing softwares changing windows setting and playing with .dll files but still problem persist and is a kind of weired and irritating. is something could be done??

A:user account problem in vista

Vista, sets up all users as standard users initially but gives the options to users that have been setup to be administrators to run programs etc as administrator,

this is a security feature of vista so that nothing is installed as administrator and gets into everything without you knowing it or at least being warned first.
If having problems running any programs or installations, right click the program or install and use "run as administrator" option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-problem-in-vista.731615/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have 2 user accounts on my desktop, I can get into 1 of them, this 1 is the second user, my main account will not come up, then I get a message "User account service unable to logon" or similar. No passwords are on either user accounts. Can anyone help me. Thanks

A:User Account Problem Locked

Follow this tutorial and see if that fixes the problem.

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/268403-user-account-problem-locked.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Last night I logged on my user account as an administrator to use the computer Then I shut the computer down This morning I logged on my user account as an administrator as ALWAYS but it turned out to be my husband s account showing his desktop I created the who only account the user I problem Vista? with Am one has user account for my husband in case he needs to use it However his account has only been used once just for the fun of using a new computer the first day we got it Am I the only one who has user account problem with Vista? When I clicked on the START button on my husband s desktop the icon of my user account showed on the right half of the Am I the only one who has user account problem with Vista? panel at the top I clicked on Am I the only one who has user account problem with Vista? the DOCUMENTS to see if all my documents were there since the icon of my account showed None of my files was there There were only picture files that my husband downloaded in his PICTURE folder What a confusion Anyway I tried switching user to see which user was actually logged on by computer s choice I was actually on not my husband so why his account showed up but not mine I restarted several times and it all automatically logged on my husband s account while I actually clicked my icon and logged on mine by putting MY password The computer refused to let me log on mine I restarted at least times Finally I could access my own account This is NOT the first time for account confusion with Vista with this computer A week or so ago I posted a thread about the computer keeping warning me that quot ONE OTHER USER still LOGGED ON quot when I was trying to install Stopzilla by using my account the administrator The funny thing is that my husband only used his account ONCE and shut the computer down completely In between I have used the computer many times and shut it down completely I have tried logged out and then shut down I have tried switching users and logging out Then shut down None of the actions works This error message of quot ONE OTHER USER still LOGGED ON quot always pops up when I try installing Stopzilla I finally gave up on installing Stopzilla However I cannot prevent this computer with Vista operating system turning crazy again one morning not letting me log on my account What s wrong with this computer or Vista It seems that I am the ONLY one who has this kind of user account problem with Vista People tried helping me by some suggestions to solve the user account problem which encountered a week ago However I have done whatever they suggested yet none of them works I have not heard anything like this before and it seemed only happening to me Otherwise people would already come up with something to solve ths problem Am I the only one nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi can anyone help me? I have a pc thats running XP home edition and I have set it up so that I am the admin and my two young children have limited user accounts, however when I set the kids accounts to limited the internet connection is cut off but if I put them back to admin all is fine! any ideas what I can do? I have uninstalled norton and any firewall was turned off still the same problem. I do use a belkin wireless card and have done the usual removed and reinstalled and used the windows software to set it up and still the same problem.
I don`t want to give the kids full admin rights but right now its all I can do please HELP!!!!

Relevancy 57.19%

thanks for answering anyone. but here is the problem. when i set up my windows install it created me an admin account. i went to create another account for my brother and it said i needed to create another admin account. so i did and it deleted my other account and all my unshared files!!! please help. also the system restore is not working. it keeps telling me that it can't back it up. please help.....

A:HUGE user account problem

No it didn't really delete the other account. I suspect you used the Administrator account to start with which should not be used exactly for this reason as once a second Admin account is created, the Administrator Account can only be accessed from Safe Mode. My advice is create another Admin user in your name now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/huge-user-account-problem.837556/
Relevancy 57.19%

I am running the Windows RC and Windows Vista on a dual boot machine Yesterday Windows changed my account type When I log in under my administrative account this is the only account I have made it logs me in as a temporary user I tried to go Problem User 7 Account Windows into the Manage Credentials part of the Control Panel but it always says Windows Explorer has stopped working but windows explorer works fine every where else I have also tried to enable the master administrator account but was unable to Lastly I tried to delete the Windows 7 User Account Problem temporary user file under the C drive but it says I am going to delete my main user file I once clicked just to see what would happen and it gave me an error saying it could not delete it Help please I don Windows 7 User Account Problem t want to go back to Vista I do not have a restore disk as this is the Windows RC The only file I had recently downloaded was a free composition program I have used many times before Anvil Studio which I uninstalled immediately when I noticed the change but that did not have any affect either Addition Windows Vista is not having this problem Addition Tried to activate the master administrator account and it worked this time It shows my personal account as an administrator account but when I log onto my personal account it logs me on as a temporary user still nbsp

A:Windows 7 User Account Problem

Which version of W7 is it?

It did not change the account, the normal user account is corrupted, so W7 loads a temporary account with low priveledges.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-user-account-problem.879648/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I have a problem with windows vista that I cannot figure out alone The problem is that when I try to change my user account picture to something else it always reverts back to the default orange flower picture on log off or restart it DOES change the login picture but NOT the start menu or user account pictures I have tried everything I fixed it temporarily by copying the my user account picture to C ProgramData Microsoft User Account Pictures and renaming it quot user quot but I want the ability to change it without going to that hassle I found one quot solution quot that told me to run regsvr u shimgvw dll but account Problem user with picture it gave me an error message quot The module quot shimgvw dll quot was loaded but the entry point DllUnregisterServer could not be found Please make sure quot shimgvw dll quot is a valid DLL or OCX file and try again quot or something like that Can anybody help

A:Problem with user account picture

Not to be impatient, but this thread has been up for more than 2 days by my time zone. Please don't tell me this is unfixable.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/277236-problem-user-account-picture.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,

I've been trying to delete the account that my version of vista was originally set up with, i have already made another admin account, so i tried to delete the original account by going through the normal method of deleting the account, it worked, but only to a certain extent, i cant log onto the account anymore, but all of the files remain under the users folder. Oh, and yes i did click to delete all of the files. I was just wondering, would it be ok to delete it directly from the users folder, or would it be best to leave it alone?

Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: User account problem

I personally think the best option would be to take over the administrative account, I.E rename it and delete the others, seems like less work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-user-account-problem.744866/
Relevancy 57.19%

when I log into my user account the desktop appears normal for a few seconds then goes into some sort of mode whereby the desktop goes black for most of screen but start button still there. I can access start button but anything I open appears at bottom with only the icon, it seems to be behind it. The cursor is silver and glittery as if its in some sort of drawing or graphic mode. This is not the administrator account but I've tried to find out how to chage display options using adminstrator account but i'm stumped!!

A:desktop problem with one user account

Hello mar18 and welcome to TSF,

Is this the only user account on the PC?

Do the other accounts load and work properly?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/desktop-problem-with-one-user-account-670680.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi guys i m having problems with my laptop And hope you can help me I in account user problem logging ve tried to find a solution for the problems but nothing helps me First problem When I turn off and then turn on the laptop or just logging in user account problem reboot i m waiting about seconds to boot that s OK and then i get the windows log on screen image - from google Usually after a few seconds my desktop sys tray icons etc will appear but from several weeks that s not what happens After I write down my password i m seeing only the wallpaper and nothing else It s like explorer exe isn t running But if i call the task manager ctrl alt del i can see that explorer exe is running And if i kill the process and start it again nothing happens The only way for me to log in normally is to select the quot Log off quot option from the task manager When I do that I forgot to say that the logging off process takes a lot more time then usual like min and log on again this time everything is loading - desktop tray icons etc Second problem From time to time I get a BSOD The driver causing the problem is quot viahduaa sys quot I ve updated the drivers not only this one - but every single one and the problem still persists I really hope you can help me Thanks in advanceVictor

A:logging in user account problem

We need to know more about your BSODs...Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)No installation required.Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program and When scanning is done, go to Edit > Select All.Then go to File > Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.Compliments of Broni

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446133/logging-in-user-account-problem/
Relevancy 57.19%

I am having the exact same issues as MJDeViant!
I attached the screen shot of the odd shutdown box.
(sorry I didn't understand the whole url of image thing so I did it as an attachment.)

A:[SOLVED] XP User Account Problem

Here is a further explaination of my log on problem.

My initial startup screen looks good, the XP Pro with blue scrolling bar at the bottom and windows logo.

then comes the new part,
(I don't remember when this happened, but it was a while ago. I didn't think it was fixable so I didn't try until now that I've discovered there are people out there like you guys who are willing to help!)
a please wait box pops up with following message "xp professional windows is starting up"

then another new part
a new box then pops up saying
"log onto windows"
"user name"
"password"

I can log on using the appropriate info, but I would prefer it to go to the log on screen where it shows the user accounts and their pics and I get to choose which one I want to use.

sorry about the long post!!!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-xp-user-account-problem-238371.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I ve had Windows for a long time and usually when I find a bug I can usually figure out a way around it or make it less annoying But now I have a slight problem that I cannot fix I guess I should start with my computer specs Dell Inspiron - purchased May came with OEM Windows Vista Home Basic later partitioned off a space for the Release Candidate of Windows after enjoying it used a registry hack to upgrade from the Ultimate RC to - 7 User Account Windows Problem the Professional RTM available Windows 7 - User Account Problem free from my college s MSDN AA account a while after that backed up everything wiped the hard drive and applied the backup of to the empty hard drive A few recovery reboots and I was back in business with no Vista Yay GB RAMIntel Core Duo processor GB hard driveNow that that s out of the way my problem is this I cannot quot Manage another account quot via the User Accounts gui I can only manage them using the command prompt net user username Yes I am an administrator I m the only user Even if I activate the Administrator account via the command prompt net user Administrator active yesand log in using it I still cannot quot Manage another account quot When I click the link nothing happens The quot Start Navigation quot click sounds and that s it I remember in Vista you could activate the Guest account add new accounts etc But for some strange reason Windows does not allow me to do that The only thing I can do on that screen is quot Change your password quot quot Remove your password quot quot Change your picture quot and quot Change User Account Control settings quot I cannot quot Change your account name quot quot Change your account type quot or quot Manage another account quot as I mentioned earlier I love Windows but this one little thing has irritated me since I got it To put you at ease I have an updated Anti-virus program Sunbelt Software run through Avanquest Fix-It Utilities Professional updated Windows and I run MalwareBytes weekly I also use Mozilla Firefox exclusively as my internet browser I found a good reason for doing this after my sister s laptop got infected with the AntiVirus System Pro quot scareware quot Kudos to MalwareBytes she now uses Firefox instead of IE even though I ve been trying to get her to switch for months now I just can t figure out what s keeping me from changing stuff via the User Accounts gui I can do it via the command prompt like I said and we all know command prompt tricks are cool but when I m testing things adding deleting dummy accounts it would be nice for this to work Even if I don t need it it just plain bugs me So can you fix my quot bleep quot -ing computer Thanks keyboardNinja

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280124/windows-7-user-account-problem/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have windows pro 64bit installed. My user account is Called "Administrator"

First off. This is strange because when I first made the account the system said I couldn't use that name because it was in use already. So I made an account called "Admin".

Now I didn't notice anything untill I tried to make a new account. The administrator account disappeared. It's still there but not accessible as an account.

Is there a way to make the administrator account usable again?

Now, i just did a system restore and im back to administrator account, but, if I make a new account the administrator account disappears again.

Is there a way to stop this happening?

Thanks

Mack

A:[SOLVED] User Account Problem

If you are confident in using the registry editor you could try this. Go to Run under the start menu and type regedit then follow the instructions below. Editing the registry is something that should be done with caution!

1. Launch Registry Editor.
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList in the Registry Editor.
3. Double-click the Administrator key in the right pane.
4. If the Administrator key doesn’t exist, right-click on the above tree in the pane, choose New, DWORD Value, name it Administrator and press .
5. Type 1 in the “Value data” box, and press .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-user-account-problem-331337.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I run x64 Vista. I want to leave UAC active but have a program I run at startup be allowed to load without having UAC stop the load and ask permission to run the program every time I boot. Anyone know how?

A:User Account Control problem

Try this How to disable the User Account Control Prompt for certain application

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/121896-user-account-control-problem.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I just bought a new Asus laptop with windows 8.1(64bit) pre installed. All went find setting windows but I got a problem with the users account.

During the setup windows created an administration account using my MS account (my email as the name and my password) and this account was setup as Administrator. I’m the only one using the laptop.

Another account was also setup with my name but it was not for Administrator and I could not change it to be the administrator

What I want to do is just have one administrator account with my name and delete all other accounts. How can I do that?

Relevancy 57.19%

i am the only user on the computer so i obviously had the admin privilege, but now all of the sudden i'm a limited user account, and since i'm the only user on the computer i cant use another user to fix it , and if the other user was there it would have to be a administrator. so i don't know what to do . i'm kinda computer savy but iv never run into this problem. i need help

A:User Account Major Problem

To get admin rights boot into safe mode and select the Admin account. From there you should be able to give your user account admin rights.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90724/user-account-major-problem/
Relevancy 57.19%

After changing one of three users to add in parental controls i cannot now change any of the accounts to 'administartor' from 'standard'. This means i cannot change the parental controls back after a period of 'e-grounding'!! Any ideas?

From Newbie to forum, confused and in daughters dog-house.

A:user account problem with administrator

Hi David and welcome to Vista Forums.

If you do not have any administrator accounts to use to change an account type, then boot into Safe Mode and see if you can change the account type from within there. You should startup in the built-in Administrator account while in Safe Mode if you do not have any regular administrator accounts. You could also just create another administrator account to use instead.

For Safe Mode:
Safe Mode

For Account Types:
User Account Type

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/170669-user-account-problem-administrator.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Operating system: windows xp sp2

When any user account logs off most of the time the following window appears:

program "hv4tK3y7d9DD89Cr1Je1w24+defaultCFG+DesktopSearchEngine" not responding,click "end now" or "cancel" . Clicking either of these options allows the logoff to complete.

You can logon and then logoff without doing anything and there is no problem, but using IE or AOL etc the problem is generated, but you don't know it until you attempt to logoff.

I have run various virus and adware/spyware programs and nothing is found, so it looks like the system is clean right now.

Thanks for any suggestions.

DonXP

Relevancy 57.19%

I'm back. And now I don't find the message I thought I sent 8 hours ago.
Which said roughly that I'm not finding my tries at making a user account without there being the conflict between 2 instances of Webroot's firewall, etc..
Should be asking in another place, but I can't find that place.
How do I determine what each acct. is made of, what pgms what files?
I see something about "Profiles", but the help files here tell me all about what profiles do, but not how to determine the profile's character.
It's late. Sorry to bother anyone about this.
Thanks

A:Create User Account Problem

Hello Hogarth,

I would recommend that you only have one firewall program, same with a antivirus program, installed. Having more than one of each of these types will usually cause conflict problems like you are having. Uninstall the extra one to see if that helps.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/185933-create-user-account-problem.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Am running Windows XP SP2

One of the user accounts is acting up. It won't let us change the background or any personal settings. The whole account is acting messed up. The taskbar looks like it's from windows 95 or something and the start menu is all grey and missing sections. Also, the internet (Internet explorer 7) refuses to accept new settings and always starts up to the onetime page.

Can't delete account and make new one as the problem just moves on to the user account made before the one you are deleting!!

Any help would be appreciated =)

A:Windows XP User Account Problem

Did you follow the steps in this MS article?
How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile
Note: You must sign in at least once to the New Account before you can copy the old profile, as the account folder is not created until it is signed into.
After copying the files, click on the New_Username folder, then click on the folder named Old_Username's Documents. Double click the Desktop.ini file, and change the line Owner=Old_Username to Owner=New_Username
Note that you will have to redo any customizations, i.e. wallpaper, colors, Folder Options, Cursors, etc.
Desktop.ini is a hidden file but if you followed the steps in the MS article your system should be set to display it.

Make sure you DO NOT copy the 3 ntuser files -- those are the ones with the corrupt settings.

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-user-account-problem.699414/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello Delete User problem Account all I am just IT assistant I have trouble with my user account that logged on to a computer The error when i start Microsoft Out look the message appear After that i had tried to fix it many ways still not help so i decide to deleted my user profile on this computer and i retry to log on with this computer when i get into the windows desktop The message from the right windows taskbar said quot You log on with temporary profile quot And this message always come up every i log on and always lose data every log on but i can configure my e mail address to work with outlook without any problem even it's just temporary So the wonder why every User Account Delete problem i log on the message always come up as quot You log on with temporary profile quot Why when User Account Delete problem i log of and log on my data storing on this computer have been lose What should i do This user can log on with other computer is just fine P S My user name log on to a domain Do you know how to repair corrupt user profile Best regards

A:User Account Delete problem

I dont believe it has much to do with the user profile itself; but more with outlook alone. Try the following link and see if it helps out any:

Outlook is unable to connect to the proxy server XXX.XXX.COM

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/322412-user-account-delete-problem.html
Relevancy 57.19%

The pc has four user accounts , three are working perfectly normal, on one account using IE I can not download any program it always fails , on the same account using google chrome the same download is fine or on any other account it is fine on IE , also when clicking the windows button it never shows the last used programmes it is always blank , but the worst problem is that some of the photo folders are showing as empty but if you bring up the properties they have pictures in them , I have tried the obvious and nothing is hidden, also windows search does not work on any profile , HELP I am getting frustrated now

A:Wierd problem with one user account

Seems like a corrupt account to me.Are these four user accounts standard or administrator??
I would suggest to back up the data from the said account,delete it and create a new one.Let us know how it goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/212118-wierd-problem-one-user-account.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all I hope you can offer me some help My computer crashed and after following the advice of a tech support guy from HP we ran the install for Windows XP again and went through all the steps It fixed my computer and I was able with XP Problem on user account Windows to get into Windows again but under a new User Account from the one I ve used for years All my stuff photos music documents still exist under the explore all users list and in the Control Panel Problem with user account on Windows XP my old account shows up It just doesn t show up as an option on the welcome screen and no rebooting or changing the password access will change that Problem with user account on Windows XP When I try to turn off the quot Use the Welcome Screen quot option under control panel and then go to log in with my old account name and password I get this error message quot The local policy of this system does not allow you to logon interactively quot Any help would be much appreciated as I am anxious to get my computer up and running under my old familiar account if at all possible nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there,

a few weks ago I installed a program that came from a newsgroup.
after installing it I received a warning from Microsoft Security Essentials that there was a Trojan Horse treat.
I removed the program, and made an deep scan, which deleted the trojan horse.
Now I still have the problem that I cannot set the User Account setting to the normal protection. If I set it to normal protection and close that window, after re-opening it, the setting is set back to no protection.
Can anyone help me, it must be a setting in the register, but I cannot find it.
I aprieciate any good suggestion..
Thanks to you in advance.

Jodoti

A:User account safety problem

Hi and welcome to Seven Forums jodoti.
First a bit of advice, stay away from newsgroups for software, many are riddled with people wanting to take your info or compter or worse.
Secondly download Malwarebytes Anti Malware Free, run the update and do a full scan of your system. While MSE is a good program, no single one will clean everthing. After this is done, POWER OFF the computer for 5-10 minutes, removing any power cables. Then restart and try your UAC settings again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/162765-user-account-safety-problem.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I am unable to delete a user account on my other computer. It is a limited account (have tried to change it to an administrator account, but still can not delete it). It just says "not responding". Have restored the computer to an earlier date, but this has not helped. Ran adaware and spybot. Computer is clean. Win XP (home) SP2, 2.66 GHz, 256 MB RAM, zona alarm, avg 7.0.

Many thanks for your help.

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,
I have a Windows7 home premium Toshiba laptop (SP 1) that I recently acquired from a used laptop shop. I requested that an administrator user account with a password and a Guest User account be set up so that our kids can use the guest account without downloading anything from the internet.
The problem is that our Administrator account has an internet connection and access, but not so on the Guest. The laptop shop guy is not familiar with how the guest account works (????) so I am on my own, unless someone here can help.
I can connect with our home internet system using the Administrator account then switch user to the guest account and attempt to browse (firefox), but it says my machine is not connected to a server, even though less than a minute earlier on the Administrator account, I was connected.

Can someone give me any direction on this to resolve?

Thank,
Smart Un

A:Guest User Account Problem

Log into your administrator account and go to Control Panel/User Accounts create a new Standard users account, set the Parental Controls for this account. Test the account by logging out and logging into the new account.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/guest-user-account-problem-1018738.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I have a very unusual problem that I hope can be resolved here I have x Win machines x Pro and x Ultimate all on my network but recently I tried to SFTP SSH using winscp into one of them Pro only to 7 problem account user administration Win find that access was denied it took ages to find out why I finally noticed that the user name I created that has admin rights was not actually in the c Users folder what has happened is that all the files that should be in my created windows account are sitting Win 7 user account administration problem in a folder called user which is inside c Users I then created a folder that has the same user login name I originally created inside c Users and copied all the files from the user folder and then tried to STFP SSH into the original created user name but that did not work I then tried this link User Account - Hide using method point i e adding to the SpecialAccounts key but that has not unhide my user account Using this cmd below net user gt Desktop Users txt lists the users but I would expect to see i e Administrator followed by created username What I am seeing however is below Guest followed by user When I use the command lusrmgr msc I see below - Name user Full name my created windows login Description blank I hope I can get some help here I have cloned my disc in case of any mishaps but all I want to do is get my created win user account working as it should I can incidentally login to that account

A:Win 7 user account administration problem

Exactly what folders did you copy from one user to another? Some folders should not be copy'd over.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365018-win-7-user-account-administration-problem.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi Guys bit new here but have a few issues regarding user accounts Heres the situation I am an administrator on my home PC and my son the only other user is a quot Standard User quot To the best of my knowledge those are the only two types of Problem User Account Controll account At first my son was an administrator but then I User Account Controll Problem gave it a bit of thought and cut User Account Controll Problem the privilages so that he wouldn't fiddle with other users and other peoples settings passwords BUT now that I have done that and he is a Standard User it seems that he cannot have any desktop background cannot install any programs into the Program Fils folder and cannot play a certain game he has installed because it requires creating a new file in a destination he has no rights over every time I want him to be able to fiddle with his own account play games and install etc but I do not want him to be an Admin Is there an in between ground Because I cannot seem to find a way OS Windows Vista Home Premium Cheers in advance

Relevancy 57.19%

I'm having a problem with the User Account Control UAC When it asks for permission to continue it asks a Guest account password I'm using my personal account and the guest account is off My personal account is the only account set up but it is currently running as a Standard user I can not change my account back to Administrator due to the UAC problem I tried Registry Editor to disable the UAC but errors occur Can someone give me any info on how to disable the Control Problem Account User UAC or get rid of the User Account Control Problem UAC asking User Account Control Problem for Guest Password Overall Guest turned into an Administrator and my only account turned into a standard Guest account is turned off and I cannot run anything that requires an Administrator password First of all I guess one of my friends changed my account to a standard You cannot change an account to a standard if its the only administrator account you have It changed anyways This happening the Guest account turned into an administrator

A:User Account Control Problem

Have you tried booting into Safe mode and Making an administrator, There will be an Administrator there after you have booted into the Safe mode

see Safe Mode For more Information

Hope This Helps,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/282155-user-account-control-problem.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi Everyone I am stuck right now I dont know exactly what happened but my account picture on Vista randomly changed to an orange flower I can not Problem Account Picture User change it through control pannel or user settings or anything If I click on another picture to be used nothing changes I saw a thread for this problem here http www Account User Picture Problem techsupportforum com f re- html This thread listed takes you to another thread with the quot resolved quot issue The steps however that this solved thread told me to do didnt work This is the advice that worked for the others quot Another MVP had told me how to disable the new Win XP FAX and Picture Previewer by going Start gt Run gt regsvr u shimgvw dll I turned it back on with Start gt Run gt regsvr shimgvw dll quot The problem is if I run quot regsvr u shimgvw dll quot I get a notice on vista saying quot The module quot shimgvw dll quot was loaded but the entry-point DllRegister Server was not found Make sure that shimgvw dll is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again quot I really am stuck and I dont know what to do to fix this problem Please help thanks

A:Account User Picture Problem

Have you tried a System Restore back to a point before this problem first appeared.
When you go to START have you double clicked on the Account picture and tried to change the Accont picture?
You could also try running SFC:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...c-command.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/account-user-picture-problem-474664.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi guys,

I deleted a user account through computer management, instead of through the control panel. Now I have a folder in C:\Users still under the account I deleted's name. It's 1.2gb so I would rather not have it there but I can't delete it because it's apparently being used by another program.

Any help would be much appreciated.

A:Delete user account problem

Quote: Originally Posted by Georgebillbob

Hi guys,

I deleted a user account through computer management, instead of through the control panel. Now I have a folder in C:\Users still under the account I deleted's name. It's 1.2gb so I would rather not have it there but I can't delete it because it's apparently being used by another program.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Using admin account reboot into safe mode (F8) and you should be able to delete it. Just make sure you have everything you need from it
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/86794-delete-user-account-problem.html
Relevancy 57.19%

When I try to change the account type for ANY of the accounts on my desktop PC from admin to standard, I can no longer login to that particular account unless I make it admin again.

What happens is, after clicking the account the "Welcome" screen appears, then after a short moment, instead of logging me into that account, it returns me back to the account screen, as if nothing ever happened.

I did scans with Malwarebytes and MSE, didn't help. I also tried to repair potentially corrupt system files by typing "sfc /scannow" into Command Prompt. That didn't help either. My laptop has Windows 7 too and doesn't appear to have this problem.

Desktop specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-870 @ 2.93GHz (4 cores, 8 threads)
RAM: 6GB DDR3
GPU: AMD Radeon 5570, 2GB GDDR3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/standard-user-account-problem.1031462/
Relevancy 56.76%

My major problem is that I problem account and removal problem program User have two user accounts and I can t get rid of one of them On startup my screen shows the icon of the sunflower and underneath that the words toshiba Locked And then the option to Switch user I have been unable to delete the extra user account when I go to Add or remove user accounts in the Control Panel and try to remove I get a message saying Windows needs your permission to do this If you started this action continue User accounts Control Panel Microsoft Windows When I click on the Details option in this window I get the following D EB A- F- C B-A B- BD B A and then the options to Continue or Cancel At the bottom of the window are the words User account control helps stop unauthorized changes to your computer When I click on Continue I get a screen indicating that User account problem and program removal problem I have two accounts toshiba Administrator and a Guest with an option to turn it on So far I have been unable to delete this Guest account I have also been unable to delete a program ARO I get similar results to the above when I try to delete the unwanted program using the Uninstall procedure in the Control Panel except the Details option brings up User account problem and program removal problem FCC B -EC E- DD -A B- A A I have performed the procedures recommended at the beginning of this forum and the requested logs reports have been pasted below under my signoff If someone can help me with these problems I would appreciate it Thank you Robert Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Users toshiba AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE B GAMOH HijackThis exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Users toshiba Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO blekko search bar - adce-dba - e -afb - b cdf e - C Program Files blekkotb blekkotb X dll file missing O - Toolbar blekko search bar - adce-dba - e -afb - b cdf e - C Program Files blekkotb blekkotb X dll file missing O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKCU Run AROReminder C Program Files ARO ARO exe -rem O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETWORK SERVICE O - SharedTaskScheduler Component Categories cache daemon - C EF- B - d -BE - C - C Windows system browseui dll O - Service Adobe Flash Player Up... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-problem-and-program-removal-problem.1067350/
Relevancy 56.33%

When I try to log onto my user account I click on it and the computer shuts down, no error message. I can log into the administrator account, it's protected by a password. I have nortons and malwarebytes and have run them both with no malware detected. I also tried system restore but all of my restore points are gone. So, what next? Thanks

A:I click on user account and it (user account) shuts down

Have you tried creating a new user account?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/247678-i-click-user-account-user-account-shuts-down.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have Windows Vista running at home and I have set up user accounts for my children; however, the web-site on which they last visited is not closed, so if I log on behind them I am still able to hear any audio from that site. I am also unable to log on to their account due to the time restriction placed. The only way that I have been able to close their session is to completely log off the system and log back on. Is there any way to have their session (web-site) closed when their time frame runs out.

Relevancy 56.33%

Ok so my mom wants a user account. So i go to create one. (I'm a computer admin and the only account on the computer) When i created it i noticed that it wouldnt let me make her account limited. (the bullet for the limited account was faded or un-clickable) so i could only make her an admin account. I made her account, loged off and when i looked at the screen it only showed her newly created account but not mine. What should i do? I went on her account and did system restore and i got my account back but hers was gone.

A:[SOLVED] Creating a user account problem

hi TheMasta,

the only thing i can think of trying is goto safe mode and from the administrator try set an account from their.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-creating-a-user-account-problem-553139.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm Update Account Problem Security after User having a very strange problem with my user account on Vista Home Premium after I just installed the latest security update Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - My computer restarted after User Account Problem after Security Update installing and when it came User Account Problem after Security Update back up and I logged in it acted as if it was the first time I had ever logged in default desktop background program settings completely reset and my graphics drivers seem a bit wonky It seems as if it has quot forgotten quot about my old User Account Problem after Security Update user account If I go to C Users MyName there's still all my old data there but the data for the account I'm logged into despite the fact that it claims it's the quot MyName quot account is being read from C Users TEMP Also if I log out and try to log back into the quot MyName quot account it says quot User services could not log in quot or something to that effect and goes back to the login screen Then I can't log back in until I restart the computer completely Does anyone have any idea how I could point Windows in the right direction and get my old user settings back This is really frustrating and I couldn't find anything about it on the Windows support site Thanks

A:User Account Problem after Security Update

Okay, kind of getting somewhere. When I log on in Safe Mode there's a pop-up bubble on log-in that says "Your user profile was not loaded correctly! You have been logged on with a temporary profile." I've checked the Event Viewer and under the error entry for the log-on attempts it says:
"Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, and that your network is functioning correctly.

DETAIL - The system cannot find the file specified. "

Which is strange because I'm not logging in over a network or anything like that. It would seem like my user account is corrupted. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I would really rather not have to re-install Vista.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-account-problem-after-security-update-305815.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My operating system is Windows XP, Home Edition. My problem is as follows: My daughter's user account is password protected and for some reason won't recognize the correct password. I have attempted, under her account and under the administrative account, to change the password and also delete it, but the attempted changes are ineffective. I tried making the changes under safe mode, but her account, for some reason, doesn't even appear when I go to User Accounts via the control panel. I considered just transferring her music and photos and setting up a new account. But, her photos are privacy protected so the account won't let me do that.

Relevancy 56.33%

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium edition on an Acer 64-Bit Netbook using Firefox 3.6.10 with Java script enabled. I am logged on as the Administrator.
I installed Java jre-6u22-windows-i586-s.exe and it works fine. However, I have discovered one quirk. When I access a Web page in Firefox that uses Java it works fine. However, if I click on a Java Web page link in an e-mail in Outlook 2010 it launches Firefox and then asks if I want to run Java. Is there any way to eliminate this User Account Control request without disabling UAC completely?

A:User Account Control Problem With Java

What is your UAC setting?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/119573-user-account-control-problem-java.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Somehow i have been changed to a standard user n now no one is an administrator.I cant download upgrades,change parental controls or even fix the time

A:Windows 7-user account control problem

install this

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...menu-in-vista/

then right click on the file and take ownership

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-user-account-control-problem-460690.html
Relevancy 56.33%

After a hard drive failure on my Dell laptop, things have never been the same. I seem to have an invisible USER ACCOUNT that is only visible for a brief period at start up and shut down. I can't seem to locate this anywhere and both my computer manufacturer and Microsoft would not help me.

Also prevalent on the reinstall is Outlook 2003 won't save my password and crashes constantly. This is probably not the forum for this but I tried to edit the Protected Storage System Provider subkey and that did not work. http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=ol2002

Any help is SO SO SO much appreciated.

mooditude

A:Weird XP Pro Problem: Invisible User Account

The invisable user you shouldnt have to worry about. Many computers have invisable user accounts such as asp.net that help programs run. More than likely it isnt a user account that was created by a virus and you shouldnt have to worry. It could also be your user account called Administrator that shows up for a brief moment. There was a command you couldnt enter into run to show all computer accounts but i cant remeber it right now, does anyone know what it was.

As far as office crashing make sure you have all computer updates, and the office updates from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-xp-pro-problem-invisible-user-account-58204.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My year old son was trying to bypass Cyberpatrol and in the process of tring to change his account from an adminstrator to a standard user I ve made things worse I changed the administrator account in his name to a standard user account but there was no other administrator account on the PC other then something called CYBERPATROL SERVICE which is an administrative account istalled automatically by Cyberpatrol This was the first mistake Then he guessed the password to Cyberpatrol and attemped to uninstall it it only half uninstalled it leaving a real mess of error messages and no access to let me change anything I can now neither cannot administrator access problem account ; User reinstall cyberpatrol or unistall it nor can I see a way to log back in as an administrator to effect any changes to put things right Three emails to cyberpatrol have elicited no response so I m coming to the conclusion the onlu way out is to reinstall Windows and find a different web filtering program- is there any way to log back in a an administrator I didnt delete the admin account only changed it to a standard type Then If I can get back in as a administrator how can I User account problem ; cannot access administrator get rid of the unwanted Cyberpatrol Thanks for any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Software : Microsoft Office Professional 2003 with all updates

I created a new user on this machine. All programs seem to be working as expected with the new user account, except Microsoft Office.

When I try to open any of the MSO programs (Word, Excel, Outlook... ) a message box opens reading "Preparing to install..." After about 30 secs the error message as per the attached screenshot appears.

One would assume that the installer is looking for the original CD. However, there are 2 problems with this assumption - firstly there is no drive on this computer designated as U: and secondly the CD light does not come on so it is not attempting to access the CD drive.

There is an Administrator account and another user account on this machine. Both of these can access MS Office without any problems so it is setup for all users.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TiA

T.

A:Solved: Problem with MS Office and New User Account

The "solution" to this problem is quite annoyingly simple

For anyone else who may experience this issue do the following: -

1. Login as the Administrator
2. Change the New User account from Limited to Administrator
3. Logout and Login as the New User
4. Run any of the MS Office apps e.g. Word
5. When the error message now appears it will give you the option to change the drive letter
6. Change the drive letter to the letter of the CD drive
7. Insert the MS Office CD
8. The installer will now run
9. Logout and Login as the Administrator
10. Change the New User account back to Limited
11. Logout and Login as the New User
12. MS Office should now work as normal.

What an absolute pain in the......

It is not the fact that you have to do this that is a pain, but rather that the error message is so unhelpful. If the message said "You do not have enough priveledges to complete this operation, please login as an Administrator.... " Then we would know what to do and not waste precious hours.....

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-ms-office-and-new-user-account.710627/
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm running 8.1 on a laptop and a desktop. I have admin accounts setup on both, associated with my primary windows/live/outlook/ whatever-they're-calling-it this week account. I've set up Standard User Accounts on each machine associated with an alias. I can log-in to outlook from either account with the same password, but I can't log-in to either machine using the Standard User Account with that password. Any help getting this setup working would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36392-standard-user-account-password-problem.html
Relevancy 56.33%

XP Pro OS

As the title states, in an attempt to copy my corrupted (old) user files to a new profile, I recieve access denied messages, due to the fact that the corrupted profile had the 'file privacy' feature enabled. I have this problem whether accessing the files directly, or trying to copy them via Windows' "User Profiles" option. (System Properties>Advanced>Settings>Copy Profile)

I'm certain I've faced this issue before, and successfully fixed it; I believe by copying the old profile's files to a new profile's folder, and simply renaming it. I have gone into the user profile management in control panel, and removed the password from the corrupt account, in hopes this would disban all the security on that profile, but I am still unable to access the folder.

All of this is being done via the Administrator account. Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-recovering-corrupt-user-account.647642/
Relevancy 56.33%

i installed fruity loops 3.56 a while back on my previous user account ( i am running Windows XP Home Edition ) and now I cannot use FL on my new user!
When I run It an error comes up saying: 'This version of FruityLoops has not been registred yet.Please check your registration emal to validate this version.
Contact [email protected] for any problem.'
But the problem is that I cannot find the find the original or the install executable on my PC ('a while back'!)
Is there any way I can get FL to work on my new user.
P.S. I deleted my old user account not knowing this would happen
PLEEZE HELP!
thanks

A:Fruity loops user account problem.

Have you contacted FL and explained the situation to them? They have your info somewhere and may give the code for the new one. It's worth a try.
If you have admin privledges on your account you may get lucky and find the numbers using BelArc Advisor. It's free also.
http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fruity-loops-user-account-problem.403485/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have Windows 7 Home Premium x64, and I used to have two accounts set up - One was my account (Admin) and one was a normal account for my mother. I forget what prompted HER account to disappear from the login screen, but something did. I do know for sure that it wasn't some sort of virus or seedy software.

I can still see all of her files and access them in C:\Users\Maria, but I cannot create a new account with that name, nor can I log in to it.

Any idea what is wrong, and if so, how to restore her account??

Thanks!

A:Stange Problem - user account disappeared

Hi, Matt08642. Could you please run the following in Command Prompt and then upload the file called Users.txt that it creates on your desktop?

Code:
net user > Desktop\Users.txt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/166434-stange-problem-user-account-disappeared.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello to everyone To begin please look at the picture attached Normally I must not encounter any of this quot privilege quot problems After Account Changing Installation Name? User Problem since I am an administrator Installation Problem After Changing User Account Name? Before when I am installing any software it always warn me about security issues before it begin the installation which is normal because I set it to do so and it install it with no problem Then after some time when updating my Java an error pops up the attached picture saying that I don't have any permission to do it I am thinking that it is an admin problem so I tried to quot run is as an admin quot even though I'm using an admin account but I failed I also tried to change it properties to quot always run as admin quot but also failed Now I cannot install any software nor update anything that modifies the Windows programs Upon doing some back tracking I noticed some things that may cause the problem Please check if it can help I change my User Account Name I notice that after changing the user acct name the location of files that are Installation Problem After Changing User Account Name? saved in Default folders i e My Pictures Downloads etc doesn't update example from C Users oldname Downloads setup exe to C Users newname Downloads setup exe So when these files are tried to run even I use quot newname quot admin acct it fails because it Installation Problem After Changing User Account Name? searches the setup exe file from the quot oldname quot folder location Upon checking the Users folder even I changed my User Account name the folder doesn't change its name I am thinking that even I do have an admin account accessing the folder named after another admin account is not possible but don't know if I'm correct I tried to copy the exe file from a location other than the Default folders and run it It successfully installed So maybe running any program from folders associated with quot oldname quot account cannot be used with other account I'll really appreciate any kind of help from you guys Thanks in advance Sorry I think I forgot to attach the picture so here it is

A:Installation Problem After Changing User Account Name?

Hello Tephen,

What method did you use to rename your user account name? If in Control Panel -> User Accounts, then that's fine.

Using the above method will you just change your user account's display name, and will not change the name of your user profile folder (C:\Users\UserName). That is normal since you don't want to rename your user profile folder since it will break your account. The old and new display name will be associated with your user account and user profile folder.

Yeah, it's best to install a program with it's setup file located say on your desktop to help prevent access issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/317209-installation-problem-after-changing-user-account-name.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a ASUS Windows tablet Everything works fine for me and Account User after Sync recreating a problem seemed to be working fine for my wife s account until she started to add some apps to her account Both accounts Sync problem after recreating a User Account had Admin privileges Several of her apps just wouldn t run after installing I worked with vendors uninstalling and reinstalling many times without any success The same apps installed and worked perfectly on my account I decided to remove her account and then reinstall it and took the option to save all of her personalized data and made back-up copies of everything I could just in case Everything seemed to go fine and the apps now installed and work as intended but Syncing amp sharing libraries from her home computer no longer works When I try to setup syncing in her Firefox browser it asks for her login but now says she has no Firefox account Originally our user accounts looked something like the following in the C Users folders John Kathy Now they look like John Kathy PC name Note after the is the actual tablet name I m thinking that the PC name which has been added might be the problem I tried to rename Kathy PC name to Kathy like it originally setup but there is no option to rename Any suggestions on best way to resolve this Thks John Update It turns out the Syncing problem in Firefox was due to a new Syncing code in the newest version of FireFox Tablet had the newest version and home PC didn't The new version also requires a new user account to be created Now I just need to address the Library issue

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/48479-sync-problem-after-recreating-user-account.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Help My Laptop's system board crashed recently and I sent it in to be repaired under warranty When it was returned the PC was wiped clean Vista Account Ultimate User Problem x64 which I expected so I made backups Once I started the PC there was an admin ID called test there which I did not expect to see as I thought it would have been returned like it was fresh out of the box and I would have to set it up again I changed the name in User accounts to my name Vista Ultimate x64 User Account Problem and attempted to restore the back up It told me that it could not find the user account but I selected to go forward anyway my bad The problem now is that if Vista Ultimate x64 User Account Problem I open the file explorer and click on users under the c drive I see the folder called quot test quot which is linked to my user ID the main admin account but I also see my old account folder that has all my backedup information in it that I want to be the main admin acct If I go into User accounts from the Control Panel there is only one admin account which is the new one and not the restored one How can I make the restore ID the main ID and delte the new one with out having to run my recovery CDs to and having to do everything over again

A:Vista Ultimate x64 User Account Problem

Check this out. Hope it helps.

User Account - Delete

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/178496-vista-ultimate-x64-user-account-problem.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi. As if everybody else's password problems weren't bad enough...

My XP got badly currupted, so I moved the hard drive to a healthy computer so I could save my documents before rebuilding. The problem is that the user account folders, containing everything I want to save, are locked, and I can't get a prompt for the passwords (I know them) because this is now an E drive and the OS on it isn't doing anything.

Thank you for any help you might be able to give!

JM

A:User Account Password Problem w/ Twist

This MS article might help...........

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-password-problem-w-twist.356215/