Windows Support Forum

Hide user by registry stange problem: User still appears in C folder

Q: Hide user by registry stange problem: User still appears in C folder

Hi! I did an new install of windows 7 (home first then upgraded to pro)
I want to hide a user by doing this on the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \Microsoft \Windows NT \CurrentVersion \Winlogon \SpecialAccounts\ UserList ..then add dword32 by my username value to 0
I did this on my old laptop and it worked perfectly.

Now I've done the same thing on my new laptop. It works but stangely, the folder still appears in c\users.

The user is not visible in the panel control\users or at the start of the PC

I'm sure i've done the right thing, what is causing this? Could it be a bad install of windows? Please let me know if you have a idea!

Thank you very much for your help!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Hide user by registry stange problem: User still appears in C folder

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Hide user by registry stange problem: User still appears in C folder

If you log into that user it is going to have a user directory, regardless if you have the user hidden or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/339572-hide-user-registry-stange-problem-user-still-appears-c-folder.html
Relevancy 98.9%

I have Windows 7 Home Premium x64, and I used to have two accounts set up - One was my account (Admin) and one was a normal account for my mother. I forget what prompted HER account to disappear from the login screen, but something did. I do know for sure that it wasn't some sort of virus or seedy software.

I can still see all of her files and access them in C:\Users\Maria, but I cannot create a new account with that name, nor can I log in to it.

Any idea what is wrong, and if so, how to restore her account??

Thanks!

A:Stange Problem - user account disappeared

Hi, Matt08642. Could you please run the following in Command Prompt and then upload the file called Users.txt that it creates on your desktop?

Code:
net user > Desktop\Users.txt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/166434-stange-problem-user-account-disappeared.html
Relevancy 95.03%

CANT FIND THE DEL BUTTON,,, 

NOT RIGHT PLACE FOR MY WRIGTING,,,:-)

A:1 account, 2 user names, but only 1 user = Big Registry Problem

What is exactly the meaning of this topic? Is it a queestion or a discussion?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563705/1-account-2-user-names-but-only-1-user-big-registry-problem/
Relevancy 95.03%

I am using Vista Home Premium Registry - User on Leaks User Problem Accounts -bit and I am having problem logging in using my user account An error flagged quot The User Profile Service service failed the logon User Account Profile cannot be loaded quot The Event Viewer window has these details Windows detected your registry file is still in use by User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Classes Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - CLASSES I was able to logged in through Safe Mode but still an error flagged in status bar that the profile was not properly loaded Although I was able to copy all data from that user account to a new account can I still troubleshoot the problem and be able to log in using the old user account I have all my shortcuts and archives there and quot every customized thing quot Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts

Hi aice and welcome to Vista Forums

Have you checked the information in the following Tutorial?

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/223345-user-registry-leaks-problem-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I would like to hide active admin user from control panel so that other people wont see for security reasons.
Solved

A:Hide User from User Management in Control Panel

Yeap, that is possible. Please check this out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/273020-hide-user-user-management-control-panel.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello. My computer has a weird problem and keeps deleting at random (it could be after 1,2,3,etc restarts), the registry folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and it reverts back to its default paths. The folders are missing from the default path, C:/Users/"UserName". Only Contacts, Desktop and Favorites are there and when I right click at them, the Location tab is missing. Also, if I click Start and go to Documents for example and try and paste something in there I get this error: Unable to create the file xxxx, File System Error (512).

It also resets the registry part that keeps stuff like, view settings (list, icons, etc) and the taskbar (for example show Downloads, Videos, Run command)

I have attached 3 images with the problem.

Thank you.

Relevancy 86.43%

A twist on the creation of user folders on a drive other than C: in Win 7 Ultimate. Does anyone know if one could designate a user folder location such as E:\Data instead of using the users name and being a subdirectory of "Users". I am the ONLY one on my computer - and it would seem much easier to look to the top folder in the E drive than clicking thru E:, users, name, documents, project. I fully realize that I can set up shortcuts, but when you are in an application that wants to place a file somewhere else and presents you with an explorer windows it is a pain. The only method I thought of is using redirection with symbolic links. Every time I try to use symbolic links, I end up with something other than I anticipated. Any ideas would be appreciated - setting up new machine so anything goes!

A:User Profile folder - static folder instead of created by user signon

User Profile - Change Default Location - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/214954-user-profile-folder-static-folder-instead-created-user-signon.html
Relevancy 82.99%

On build I noticed a new Desktop Icon 'desktop' - solid yellow icon No need for that on the desktop so I put it in the Recycle Bin and to my amazement a popup appeared - quot This folder is too big to recycle do you want to permanently delete it quot after it compiled the size IF were to go ahead and do this - the Desktop clears out of folders a blank Desktop On build I noticed a new Desktop Icon 'my user name' I had no reason to go directly to that folder in C Users so I put it in the Recycle Bin and to my amazement it started to compile the size after that the popup would have appeared - quot This folder is too big to recycle do you Icon - Issue 10586 leads User User DELETION Folder deleted to want to permanently delete it quot IF were to 10586 Issue - User Icon deleted leads to User Folder DELETION go ahead and do this - the ENTIRE CURRENT USER FOLDER would be GONE I'm now running rs release - - which quot fixed it quot by requiring Administrator approval to 10586 Issue - User Icon deleted leads to User Folder DELETION continue Why is any Desktop Icon once deleted deleting any other file but itself System Restore wouldn't do any good for that GB of videos gone

A:10586 Issue - User Icon deleted leads to User Folder DELETION

Have not seen that on mine. Are you sure that no third party utility placed that icon, along with maybe third party Internet Security software.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37679-10586-issue-user-icon-deleted-leads-user-folder-deletion.html
Relevancy 82.56%

My user profile became corrupted after years of problem-free usage no clue why so now I to (after new user copy user profile Cannot data ) folder corrupted always end up in a temporary account after a reboot As per Microsoft's instructions I found here Fix a corrupted user profile - Windows Help I created a new account logged out and logged in again using another account Cannot copy user data to new user folder (after profile corrupted ) not the newly created one tried to copy the data from the account that had its user profile corrupted to the new account However under C Users the user folder I want to copy from is a white generic icon not a folder and it Cannot copy user data to new user folder (after profile corrupted ) is padlocked and has a size of KB - so I can't open it to copy from Looking at how much data is on C it looks as if all my data could still be there I hope How could I get access to copy all data from my old account into the new account Many thanks in advance for some hints as to what to do

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/380166-cannot-copy-user-data-new-user-folder-after-profile-corrupted.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi I have been having trouble gaining access to my user user folder to get to my app data details if i right click there is no option to run as administrator i havn't changed access to how user/(user) padlock/gain remove to folder the share options how to remove padlock/gain access to user/(user) folder but i did follow these instructions nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by Christian Smith If you wanted to remove it just right click on the folder gt Properties gt Security gt Click quot Edit quot how to remove padlock/gain access to user/(user) folder next to change permissions gt Click quot add quot gt if the folder is nothing really personal etc type quot everyone quot Into the dialog box Hit the enter key and quot Apply quot quot Ok quot etc Permissions - Allow or Deny Users and Groups Hope that helps and it stated that i didn't have permissions as it ran through a list of items I then followed these instructions Local Users and Groups Manager - Open and in both option and it stated that quot this computer is running windows home premium this snapin may not be used with this version of windows to manage user accounts for this computer use the user accounts tool in the control panel quot in option the local user and groups option is not there as far as i am aware and in the user account option i am the only user running on this computer and as administrator i am therefore at a loss and any help would be gratefull

A:how to remove padlock/gain access to user/(user) folder

Hello worligig,

You might see if installing and using Take Ownership may allow you to be able to access it afterwards.

Take Ownership Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321220-how-remove-padlock-gain-access-user-user-folder.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi using windows I am unable to move user profile folders to a (C:\user\*username*) to Unable different move folder to location user different Unable to move user folder (C:\user\*username*) to different location drive C drive space is limited I have attempted to move it Unable to move user folder (C:\user\*username*) to different location via the MMC LU amp G snap-in and it refuses to work both with old accounts that already existed and new ones that had never been logged in I have attempted with each of the accounts I want to move to no avail the whole user folder remains in C users rather than B users I have used this method successfully before admittedly on a different virtual machine unsure as to why it's failing on this one I have also attempted to rename the folder in C users to C users username old while keeping the MMC settings the same but that only throws up a temporary profile error also searched through the registry for the keys that define the location of the user folder using the administrator account to no avail How do I get Windows to do what I want rather than what it wants Thank you

A:Unable to move user folder (C:\user\*username*) to different location

How about this method to move User Profile - Change Default Location

It is a the safer method to move User Folders - Change Default Location.

If not try SFC /SCANNOW Command.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376773-unable-move-user-folder-c-user-username-different-location.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Help! After a reboot that didn?t work correctly and having to boot in safe mood then regular boot up my desktop, Files and programs available are all not the same.
It looks like I am a different user even though my user account name has not changed.
My Documents is not showing my true documents. I cannot see MS Office Excel, Word, etc? I can see MS Outlook 2013 but it?s asking me to setup when I already did previously.
I can navigate to c:\users\userId and find all my true documents (My Document).

What can be done? Anything?

A:User Account now not pointing to correct user folder

Hello David mate first try these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 start at point 15 and then do a ckdsk Disk Check

then work through the other stuff

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/293415-user-account-now-not-pointing-correct-user-folder.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello all This is my first post I am looking forward to getting involved with the community here As the title says I cannot log into my Windows computer and I get the error message quot The user profile service failed the sign in User profile cannot be loaded quot This appears to be a common problem from the searching around I have done however none of what I could find addressed my particular issue The setup I have on my desktop is a SSD boot drive with Windows and a HDD data drive When first installing windows I cannot folder other User on drive profile loaded, be user followed this tutorial to move the user User profile cannot be loaded, user folder on other drive folder to the larger data drive It has been working fine for nearly User profile cannot be loaded, user folder on other drive years I purchased an additional SSD with the aim to setup a RAID to increase the capacity of the boot drive need more programs During installation I was doing a bit of debugging work and booted up the computer without the data drive where my user profile is and I received the aforementioned error After shutting down and rebooting with the original setup of drives Boot drive and data drive I am still getting the error What I can only assume is when attempting to login only using the boot drive it created a temporary user profile that it is now trying to load and is no longer pointing to the data drive even after replacing it Hopefully someone will be able to help me out Many thanks in advance Josh

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/70313-user-profile-cannot-loaded-user-folder-other-drive.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi guys.

Windows 8 screwed up my old user account so I had to transfer to a new one. Unfortunately that new one was named after my email address for some reason as I logged on as a microsoft account rather than a local one. Hence in my computer its called users/email_000

This is very annoying.

I've read tutorials on this from other versions of windows ie. here : User Profile Folder - Change User Account Folder Name - Windows 7 Forums

However it doesn't work for Windows 8. When I try one of the earliest steps (renaming the user folder itself) I cant do it as its 'open in another program' even though that User is not logged on.

Any workarounds? Ive created another admin local user, to no avail.

Thanks for your help!

A:CHANGING User Account Folder names as well as User Name

Hello Chookyman, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The best method to do this is to create a new user account with the name you want, make it an administrator account type or leave as a standard user, sign out, sign in to the new account, then delete the old account.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/11333-changing-user-account-folder-names-well-user-name.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have computers which are serially named I recently decided to do the same folder need to to agree user user with name rename I with my primary user names on each computer So I went through and did some renaming I found I had problem when I could not log on using remote desktop because my credentials were not accepted due to user name conflict I eventually got this sorted out on most of the computers by changing names back but now I have one left where the user account name I want to use is different than the folder name that is associated with I need to rename user folder to agree with user name that user I would like to get everything back in sync I've read a number of discussions about how to do this but I'm not sure of the best approach I have several options Change I need to rename user folder to agree with user name the user name to agree with the folder name Change the folder name to agree with the user name Create a new user name and copy the files from the existing user folder to the new user folder Reinstall Windows taking care to get the names the way I want My impression is that is problematic If so which of the others might be the best choice I also be interested in hearing why this long standing problem has not been fixed if anyone knows

A:I need to rename user folder to agree with user name

The actual C:\users\(your user name) is set when you first create the account. After that if you change the username its displayed almost everywhere as the one you changed it to but the original folder name won't change. I'm sure there is a reason for that but I don't know what it is. Probably because there are so many references to it in the registry etc that changing it in every location without breaking something would be problematic. Installed programs may reference it to so you'd end up with programs that wouldn't work after renaming the actual folder. for that reasone I wouldn't be all that keen to try option 2. I'd go with 3 or 4, probably in that order.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/250313-i-need-rename-user-folder-agree-user-name.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I ve USER Solved: Folder/User the Name Renaming got a hand-me-down laptop that I inherited from my dad IBM Thinkpad X which is running Windows XP Home Edition I never cease to be amazed at what sort of weird configurations my dad managed to get in place or how much time it takes to undo some of these configurations Solved: Renaming the USER Folder/User Name now that the laptop has been handed down Sometimes it almost Solved: Renaming the USER Folder/User Name reminds me of the story of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow I ve noted that under Task Manager somehow my dad got the User Name under the Processes tab which usually displays USER to somehow display his name let just say for right now it s displaying Icabod How do I reconfigure that setting to just display USER Although I m not using the suspect laptop right now I think that he managed to rename the USER folder under Documents and Setting directory to Icabod and that s why it shows up under the User Name on the Task Manager This change apparently has nothing to do with the Computer Name or Computer Description Name or Workgroup Name How do I change that back to just say USER or whatever the default setting is I tried to change the USER folder name on my own laptop and Window rejected my attempt to do that with some message that the USER folder name was a system requirement signed Washington Irving nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

We tried to correct a problem - Access 2003 would not start on two workstations. We found a "fix" on Mircosoft support that suggested exporting a registry key from a computer where Access was working. The fix corrected the problem with Access but we may have accidentally over corrected the problem. The users are unable to log with their old user name and passwords. Is it possible to undo what we did??

A:User registry problem

Possible using System Restore to a date before you edited the Registry

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-registry-problem-375751.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi everyone The other day our PC refused to boot presenting a blue screen with Stop c following profiles registry problem user Missing registry file failure I followed this guide - http xphelpandsupport mvps org how do i repair a stop htm - had to do the harder method as the first had no effect This seemed to fix the issue as the computer now boots successfully however all our user profiles and personal files have disappeared All programs seem to be intact although Office applications won t open instead just giving an error message broken shortcuts When I did system restore the only restore point was from back in which surprised me - perhaps I shouldn t have restored from this point There is no option to undo the restore for Missing user profiles following registry problem some reason After I d restored Windows requested the Missing user profiles following registry problem validation key before allowing me to log in which it accepted wasn t expecting it to request this either I can see that all our files are still present on the computer through Linux live disc but they seem hidden in Windows along with our user profiles Any advice would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Missing user profiles following registry problem

I wonder if you had only the one system restore point from 2010 because of doing the procedure in that link, and it cleared your more recent ones.  When I looked in the folder it mentioned (C:\WINDOWS\repair) on my system, it had the registry hives dated the last time I did a full backup (with NT Backup), which was nearly 11 months ago.  Did you do a backup in 2010, or did you initially install Windows then?My guess from looking at that procedure described is that it seems to either create a system restore point from registry hives in the above-mentioned directory, or from the Win install CD.  It's kind of a convoluted method, because there's a far simpler way to directly copy the registry hive files to the Windows registry (via a live Linux disc, as you mentioned).  I wonder if you wouldn't have been a lot better off having used a lot more recent restore point BEFORE having tried that procedure.  (Presumably they would've still been present then.)If you would happen to have any backup of your files, that would be the easiest way to restore them to usability.But if not, since your registry has been reset pretty much back to the start anyway, I'd suggest trying to repair your installation of Windows XP by performing an in-place upgrade.  You can repair a damaged Windows installation if you run Windows Setup from the Windows XP CD-ROM.  It's a shot in the dark, but it's possible it could do something for updating the registry to make your files visible again.  If not, it's not likely to make anything worse than already is the case with that old system restore.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,151070.0.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have been system deleting by Problem what's registry different registry, profiles and user via properties? deleting the deleting profiles using the method documented here for over the last years kb This has never been an issue as it was an effective way to remove corrupted local profiles Recently I've noticed changes in the environment where deleting the profile by going to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion ProfileList To remove all profiles remove the ProfileList key nbsp and going toMy Computer or Windows Explorer to remove the appropriate Windows Profiles lt var class quot sbody-var quot gt User name lt var gt folders To remove all profiles remove the Windows Profiles folder Is now causing an issue where end users are not able to access the registry enabling screensaver configurations and defaulting the nbsp MSN homepage These settings are usually locked down and greyed out nbsp by group policy and the home page is usually our intranet Problem deleting user profiles via registry, what's the different deleting by registry and system properties? page I've found the only way to fix this is to remove the profiles via the System properties method by right clicking on My Computer gt Properties gt User Profiles gt and deleting the corrupted user profiles one by one Only this time consuming method appears to let user profiles refresh correctly and reapplies the group policies correctly by locking down components My question is what is the difference between deleting profiles via the 'System Properties' windows as opposed to the 'Registry profile list and C users' method

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9ce3ff85-be0c-4592-bcbc-1db84cbd0d10/problem-deleting-user-profiles-via-registry-whatamp39s-the-different-deleting-by-registry-and?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 76.97%

I accidentally moved the Favorites folder on the user folder. I fix the problem but when I open any icon on the Start menu or the Quick Launch bar, it gives me a security warning as if I had accessed a link on the Internet.
How to fix it?

My Windows is in portuguese but you can see the warning in the attachment.

Tks
Lark

Added by: Brink
Google Translate

Abrir Arquivo - Aviso de Seguranca = Open File - Security Warning
Deseja abrir este arquivo? = Want to open this file?
Atalho = Shortcut
Editor Desconhecido = Unknown Editor
Origem = Home
Tipo = Type

A:User folder with problem

Hello Larkbird, and welcome to the vista forums,

Could you post the actual text of the error message you receive as this will allow people to better assist you

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/186841-user-folder-problem.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello Just yesterday I of I for problem. First user ask some of HJT humbly your malware/registry with help time sort started having problems with how many of my applications were connecting to the internet My antivirus programs would either quit or simply not download updates My music player could not connect to various sites to get track information And even gmail had problems uploading attachments I m guessing this is all part of some sort of attack and I ve already run Spyware Malware Bytes and Avast in preboot mode None of which have cured the problem Another thing which may be a symptom is that I cannot restore to any previous system restore point Here s my hijackthis log I noticed in Spybot the nnnnMfEW dll which was in startup processes it s highlighted here I don t remember ever seeing First time user of HJT with some sort of malware/registry problem. I humbly ask for your help this before and google First time user of HJT with some sort of malware/registry problem. I humbly ask for your help search results reveal nothing about it Obviously I don t know if this is definitely the root of the problem but it s something to consider Anyway I appreciate any help anyone can offer I m getting a little desperate here and am willing to try anything Thank you so much for any help CODELogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System wltrysvc exeC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler First time user of HJT with some sort of malware/registry problem. I humbly ask for your help exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system wltray exeC Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exeC Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC WINDOWS system xSleep exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXEC Program Files Microsoft Works MSWorks exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exeC Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook MHURLSearchHook Class - C AB A - F- e -B F-F CCE BBD - C Program Files Celebrity Toolbar tbhelper dllO - BHO MHTBPos - C B -FD - a- E -D EE E F - C Program Files Celebrity Toolbar tbcore dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO no name - D - - -B - CBFE BF D - C WINDOWS system ssqNHbcA dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO MyHeritage New Tab - D EC -BF E- CAC- BE-FB D E - C Program Files Celebrity Toolbar mhxpcomi dllO - BHO Google Gears Helper - E FEFE -FBF - AE-BA - CA E FB - C Program Files Google Google Gears Internet Explorer ge... Read more

A:First time user of HJT with some sort of malware/registry problem. I humbly ask for your help

bump.I'm willing to try anything to help with analysis and recovery ===========Hello While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Although our HJT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, neither of us want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it.We ask that once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your thread or make further replies until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The reason we ask this or do not respond to your requests is because that would remove you from the active queue that Techs and Staff have access to. The malware staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.That is why I have made an edit to your last post, instead of a reply. Please do not multiple post here, as that only pushes you further down the queue and causes confusion to the staff.Please be patient. It may take several days, up to more than a week, perhaps less, to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.Thank you for understanding.Elise - forum moderator

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/293108/first-time-user-of-hjt-with-some-sort-of-malwareregistry-problem-i-humbly-ask-for-your-help/
Relevancy 76.11%

I want to hide my user name on the welcome screen. I have backups, etc that start in the middle of the night and I just want them off. I never had them before until I reinstalled windows home premium 7. A tech got them off there when he installed it the first time. I did look under the tutorials this time, but they all sounded like it was a dangerous thing to do. I am trying to get more independent on you guys, but I tend to louse up my computer a lot. For some reason there are 2 names (both mine) ion there also. Thanks.

A:Hide User Name

Hello Patti,

You could set Windows 7 to log on to the user account automatically at startup if you like to not have it displayed anymore.

Log On Automatically at Startup

If you prefer to still have to log on to Windows 7, then you could use the tutorial below to have users have to type in both their user name and password. This way no user names are displayed as well.

Log On with User Name and Password

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/193179-hide-user-name.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I run windows 7 premium 64 and all of the sudden I stated to get this popup after windows loads that says
"C:\User\Lori-Bee\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost"
How can I fix this?...I tried check disk running CCleaner ....No difference

A:C:\User\User -User\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost

Hi there ... Read the Link below and follow the Instructions ..
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- Error 182418Log.iniis lost

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325334-c-user-user-user-appdata-local-temp-032150log-iniis-lost.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have just installed Windows Preview I store all my user folders from win and win on a nd drive so i point my win and win users to that location instead of within the OS drive itself saves me having to set games up twice etc etc My problem is that i went to change the location of my win Documents folder to my D Documents User problem Strange folder like i do in win and that went fine then i made the mistake of pointing win videos folder to D Documents and now both Videos and Documents in the win user folder point to the same location the weird part is when i change win user videos to point to D Strange User folder problem Videos it also makes win documents point to D Videos and i can't stop it from doing this It's like bot the win Videos and Documents folder share the exact same properties and changing one's target location changes the other as well whether i want it to or not this ends up in creating double folders of the same one copying gig for no reason and quite frankly pissing me right off Is there a way to do a hard reset on the user folders location and making them as new and yes i tried restoring the folder properties but they continued sharing the location i point only one to

A:Strange User folder problem

Do you have a restore point to before this issue started ?

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/35622-strange-user-folder-problem.html
Relevancy 75.68%

In windows 7 profeessional three accounts have been created. one is default with administration privilage and two with normal user right.
Then in registry:
Hkeylocalmachine\software\microsoft\windowsnt\currentvirsion\winlogon

new ragistry named SpecialAccounts and there under UserList is created.
In user list the other two user's names are saved as Dword value.

But when at winlogon Control+Alt+Del pressing the welcome screen is not changed.
whether anything remains to do.

A:Hide User Account

Hello Jemshault, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Double check all of the steps in the tutorial below to see if you may have missed or made a mistake somewhere in hidding a user account.

User Account - Hide - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/105845-hide-user-account.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I am doing some work for a client and they aren't particularly computer-literate.

I am going to use an SSD as their boot drive and then a 1TB HDD for their files and such. I don't want them to have be able to 'see' the SSD from Windows but I want Windows to run from it.

Is there some way of hiding the drive (the SSD) from the user but still allow the OS to use it?

A:Hide boot HDD from user

Originally Posted by mattinahat

I am doing some work for a client and they aren't particularly computer-literate.

I am going to use an SSD as their boot drive and then a 1TB HDD for their files and such. I don't want them to have be able to 'see' the SSD from Windows but I want Windows to run from it.

Is there some way of hiding the drive (the SSD) from the user but still allow the OS to use it?

This link may help u

Hide Drives in My Computer at Registry Guide for Windows

That is for xp and still that will work on vista

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/243373-hide-boot-hdd-user.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I was just reading your article on removing a user account from the startup logon screen. I did that, and confirmed that the account Login was gone from the startup screen (by locking myself out of my account). I have a fingerprint login enabled on my computer, so I was able to log back in. I then deleted the SpecialAccounts folder and shut down my computer, but yet it did not bring my login back. I tried recreating the SpecialAccounts folder and inputing a value of 1 in the entry to my username to make it visible, but this did not work either. I enabled the built-in administrator account, but could not log into it either since it doesn't show up on the login screen. Could you please assist me with this.

Thank you,

Tushar

A:Hide User Account

Hello tushark,

Welcome to the forums.

Did the command prompt give the message 'The command completed successfully'? If so, try a reboot.
If not try it in safe mode. Info here if needed. Safe Mode

Please keep us posted.

Gary

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/207069-hide-user-account.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Good evening from Graz,

i have quite a strange problem on my personal pc since the last few days. I cannot login to my useraccount(which has a transparent picture at the logon screen since a few days).
I have just one workarround: if i login with my adminaccount and logoff, the userpicture of my privateaccount appears again and the login is possible.

What could this problem be related to?

greetings
Nico Müller

A:Solved: Windows 7 User Account Problem(Transparent User Picture)

Good morning,

solved it. Disabled the admin account, and removed the pw of my useraccount.
Kind a strange problem indeed, but seems to be solved.

Thanks anyway,
Nico

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-user-account-problem-transparent-user-picture.946560/
Relevancy 75.25%

Running Win k server sp with WinXP user Problem folder new for mapping network Pro SP workstations in a small domain controlled by same server I have about users on workstations who log in Problem mapping network folder for new user to use an old application on the server Recently there were new hires I setup in AD and are capable of logging in and authenticating However when I try to setup a mapped network drive to the application folder it fails Specifically I see on the the browse list the domain name server name but no folders or drives available on the server when I select the server The mapped drive shows up if I log on as another older user or as admin the application works as well When I look at the permissions and shares on the server it looks fine When I look at the new user settings vs the old user settings they look identical I thought this might be CAL related at first but the CALs look ok and the practical example of other users logging in and using the machine and app seem to make CALs irrelevant Any ideas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-mapping-network-folder-for-new-user-203987.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I gotta say, I love the new SSD. Everything is working great, except for one strange thing.

I have my User folder on a secondary spinning drive, and it's working well, except for my Downloads folder. Every time I click on the Downloads folder in Explorer, there is a huge lag while Windows figures out what's in the folder. You can see the green bar moving to the right like it's searching, then the contents will appear.

My Documents folder doesn't do this. The contents load right away, but the difference is that folder is in a library. I've turned on all of the indexing functions I can think of, but still there is a big lag when opening that folder. This didn't happen when my User folder was on the system drive, even when that one was a spinning drive.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

A:New SSD, Problem with User folder on spinning drive.

If you have a load of crap in the folder it takes a while for the icons to render it does that on mine. Am not sure why it suddenly lags unlike your old one. Delete everything in it or move the downloads location.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/112331-new-ssd-problem-user-folder-spinning-drive.html
Relevancy 74.82%

My grandmother was recently hacked and she changed all her passwords herself (yay!). However she did not write down her new local user account password for her laptop.

I tried downloading OPHCrack, I burned it as an ISO file and put it on a DVD-R(only thing I had on hand) and i changed the boot order on her BIOS menu to had the DVD drive as the first priority. It does not run....I hear the disk drive moving, or spinning but the program does not run. Are there any other options or do I have to do a complete system restore to bypass this? Also if that is what I have to do how do I do that without being in her control panel?

A:Old Problem New User- Forgot Local User Account Password

Hello there "hater",are you sure you downloaded the right OPHcrack version?It should be the one that is intended to be used on,not the one being used to download and be burned on.Try imgburn,never failed me to create bootable CDs or DVDs.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/40661-old-problem-new-user-forgot-local-user-account-password.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have my user account which is connected with ms account which shows my email along with my user name on login screen. I made one more admin account without ms account and made it a default user with password. Now on login screen on left side both my accounts show up. Is there way to hide my original account from this login screen because I do not want anyone sitting with me could know my email as this account shows my email along with user name.

A:Hide other user name from login screen

Hello Sam,

If you like, you could use the tutorial below to set Windows to not display user names on the sign in screen. This will force all users to have to enter both their user name and password at sign in.

Sign in Screen - Do Not Display User Name in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/29708-hide-other-user-name-login-screen.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi all..

We have a common pc in our office shared by 6 user's and when one user logs into it he can view other users documents by getting in to C:\Documents and settings \"user name" documents. I need to block one user getting into other my documents folder

how to proceed with Suggestions at the earliest are most welcomed..
Thanks in advance

hari

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hide-alternate-users-my-documents.661344/
Relevancy 74.82%

How to hide folders from other user accounts? I wanna make some of my folders and files visible just for me. help please

A:How to hide folders from other user accounts?

right click the folder you want to hide, choose properties under General tab, checkmark Hidden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/62755-how-hide-folders-other-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 74.82%

As the title implies, how can i hide user account on log-on screen and use Ctrl+Alt+Del key to unhide the hidden user account like on Windows XP..

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Thanks!

A:How can i hide user account on Log-on screen

Hello Jan,

As far as I know, the only way to hide a user account on the log on screen without disabling it, would be to set Windows to require you to enter both the user name and password at log on like below instead.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/261518-how-can-i-hide-user-account-log-screen.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I am the primary user of my computer and would like to see only my icon at the
Sign On screen. There are 2 other infrequent users and I would like to hide their icons and just show mine. Recently on two occasions when I booted up the Sign On screen had only my icon and I was pleasently surprised. I was not aware this was even possible, and still do not know what I did to make this happen. It seems
to me that there is a way to adjust the software to make this happen at every boot up. I spent hours seaching this site but could not find any information on how to accomplish this.

A:How to hide other user icons at sign on screen.

Hello IROKRUOK2,

If you like, you could use the tutorial below to set Windows 7 to require users to enter both their user name and password to hide all user icons on the log on screen.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/219371-how-hide-other-user-icons-sign-screen.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi

I want to know how can I hide a user account in the login screen. User is in an ?Active Directory?.

I know to do this , I need change some registry keys :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList

But this method not work when system use ?Active Directory?!

A:Hide User in winlogon (active directory)

What's your purpose to do this? As far as I know (been a long time since I saw a domain), only the accounts that have logged in on that particular machine is listed (or perhaps only the last logon).

You should be using group policy (gpedit.msc) I believe, see if:
Computer Configuration - Windows Settings - Security Settings - Local Policies - Security options - "Interactive logon: Do not display last user name" set to enable will do the job.

You can enable this only to a certain machine or a group of machines.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/375528-hide-user-winlogon-active-directory.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi guys I am running windows 7 Pro 64 bit edition with all the latest updates.
My question is on the computer has two user accounts the second uses has a limited account so is not able to install programs and this is what I wanted.
But when I install programs on the administrator account it places setup icons on the limited account and when I click on these icons it asks for the administrator pass word then installs the program.
So is it possible to hide these icons. I have tried putting them all in one folder and then hide this folder but then it removes them from the administrator desktop

A:How do i hide unused icon on a second user account

If you install a program.... it installs the program.

No install icons should appear on any account afterwards! The program already has been installed.
So.. what do you mean?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/317118-how-do-i-hide-unused-icon-second-user-account.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi I Just Installed Windows 7 and Want to hide other user accounts on Windows 7 64 and actually Windows Vista so the only Account showing is mine how do I do This, am I right in thinking it has to be done through the registry;HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \Microsoft \Windows NT \CurrentVersion \Winlogon, but I do not know how to prceed from this point can some help please

A:Hide User Accounts on Windows 7 Logon

Tto hide additional user accounts on Windows & Logon Use Regedit, also works for VistaHide User Accounts in windows Vista and Windows 7
at Run type regedit
Once in regedit go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
In the left panel, right click on Winlogon and click New and click Key.

Type SpecialAccounts and press Enter
In the left panel, right click on SpecialAccounts and click New and click Key.
Type UserList and press Enter.
In right panel of UserList, right click on a empty area and click New then click DWORD (32bit) Value.

Type in the name of the user account that you want to hide and press Enter.eg: Everyday Account.

In the right panel, right click on the user account name and click Modify.

To hide the user account – Type 0 and click OK. (number zero not the letter)
Whenever you want to use the account just unhide the it by typing 1 instead of zero.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/16378967-8a39-4aef-85e4-d859a71648d3/hide-user-accounts-on-windows-7-logon?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi! I use a separate HDD to store all my data. However, I still have the C:\users\username folder, I tried to change this to the Data drive but that didn't work.

This is not a big problem, because I changed all the library locations and use Xplorer2 anyway. However, sometimes I still have to use the Windows Explorer, and then the username with all the subfolders is visible, which clutters up the screen.

I'd like to know if it's possible to hide all the subfolders from this user folder displayed in Windows Explorer. See image. Maybe it would be possible to hide the complete username in Windows Explorer?

Thanks, Daan

A:Hide user subfolders in Windows Explorer

Hi Daan,

Sounds like you might like to set the Hidden file attribute on some of these folders.

File and Folder - Hide or Unhide

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/370253-hide-user-subfolders-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Ones like Contacts, Downloads, Favourites, Links, etc...

Anyone know how to do it?

A:Can't Hide Certain Folders in User Account Directory

Hello FrozenInferno,

Are you trying to hide them from your C:\Users\(user-name) folder location?

File and Folder - Hide or Unhide

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/160924-cant-hide-certain-folders-user-account-directory.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi there, my question is if anyone can help is there a way to hide individual user names in the properties (security) of a folder.
I need to create a folder with about 25 users needing access but two of the users are high ranking in our organisation.
I want the information entered to be as honest as possible but I think the 2 users might prohibit this so I am wondering if it is possible to hide these users.
Is this feasible?
Any ideas or information would be most appreciated.
P.S. This will need to work back as far as windows 2003.

A:Solved: hide user names in properties

just do it via group policy. That works with server 2k3 as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hide-user-names-in-properties.983555/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi All,
I have a Group Policy that uses a Service Account to automatically log into workstations. On Windows 7 computers we are able to hide the username in the start menu, but in Windows 8.1 it does not hide. Does anyone have any advice on how to hide the username
in the start menu for Windows 8.1 user Group Policy?
Thanks,
Adam

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/31b4f86f-126f-4340-8281-4cdc7e87a3b6/windows-81-hide-user-name-on-start-menu?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 73.96%

I'm using an older Satellite laptop running Win XP3. I'd like to eliminate the necessity of logging in upon start-up. I've tried user accounts, but it only gives me the option to change the password, not remove it. Any help is appreciated.

A:How do I hide user accounts in Win XP on Satellite notebook?

Do you want to remove BIOS password or Windows login password?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?82257-How-do-I-hide-user-accounts-in-Win-XP-on-Satellite-notebook
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello I have just finished setting up a computer with Windows on for my younger brother however my parents wanted me to set it up so that welcome hide Solved: screen? How to from user accounts it has parental controls and the like So I did I made an administrators account for me named Solved: How to hide user accounts from welcome screen? Admin which is password protected and I made another account which is in his name and is just a standard account I messed around with it got what I wanted done he can t modify any settings or programs that need administrator Solved: How to hide user accounts from welcome screen? proviledges unless he has my password i set time restrictions as well and he can t look at sites he s not meant to be looking at Solved: How to hide user accounts from welcome screen? Sweet But now there s two things I d like to try and do Firstly is there a way to actually HIDE my Admin account from the welcome screen I know that you can disable the accounts I tried this only to still have the Admin account show up on the welcome screen but I had now locked myself out of my own account whereby I had to restart into safe mode and reenable it I just want to hide it if possible so that when he turns on the computer he only sees his account Or even better is there a way to autostart his account and skip the welcome screen If there is that would be great but someone would also have to tell me how I would be able to get to it back if i hide it or how to get to the welcome screen if I bypass that I won t be using it much it s just there so that his account is limited But just in case Also I m using windows live family safety and everytime I log into his account it comes up with a notification in the bottom right corner saying Windows live family safety Web Filter Basic Activity Repoty On I have tried going to notification preferences and hiding both icon and notifications but this still comes up for a little bit and then disappears Is there a way to stop that from coming up Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

Alright... major boo-boo here people. My User folder (C:\Users\Jenny) is for some reason shared on my home network. My brother brought my attention to it when he said he could browse all my files from his own computer. So, in an attempt to block it from access, I set the permissions on the folder to denying access to everybody.

I didn't know Vista is truly that stupid! Now I can't even access my own user folder, from my own account. I assumed it meant "Everybody except me".

Is there any way at all I can fix this, or do I have to create a new user account?

A:Solved: Permissions Problem - Denied Access to own User Folder

Wait... figured it out. D'oh. I must have left my brain on my pillow this morning. For future reference, you have to go to the Security properties of the folder, go Advanced, click 'Owner' and change it back.

Oh boy am I embarrassed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-permissions-problem-denied-access-to-own-user-folder.623479/
Relevancy 73.53%

A friend of mine bought a used Vista desktop a several months Start-Up Weird Appears User Only On ago Weird User Appears Only On Start-Up and I helped her get it set up Everything was fine until a few days ago when she began getting the following message on the Weird User Appears Only On Start-Up Welcome screen The user name or password is incorrect The blue green screen displays that says 'Windows Vista Home Premium' at the bottom Right above the word Vista is a white X inside a red circle To the right of the circle it says 'The user name or password is incorrect' Underneath that is a selection box that says OK This displays immediately after the splash screen When we click on OK we get a user name except the user name looks exactly like an email address c wmconnect with a white box underneath it to input a password underneath that password box is another selector box labeled Switch User When we click Switch User we get the same blue green screen with user names - c wmconnect Administrator and Ruth my friend's name Clicking on Ruth gives me the logon screen with only her name and a spot to enter her password Once we enter her password her desktop displays normally I assumed we could just go to the control panel for user accounts my friend is an administrator to delete that other account but it doesn't display When I click 'manage another account' the only choices are Guest Administrator and my friend Even logging on as the Administrator and going to User Accounts and clicking on manage another account fails to show the c account so it obviously cannot be removed that way Once I'm logged onto her account and I click on Switch User I can only see my friend's name and Administrator This other oddball user only ever displays when we boot I would provide screenshots but prt sc doesn't seem to copy anything to the clipboard until one is actually logged on Control userpasswords fails to show any existence of the phantom user

A:Weird User Appears Only On Start-Up

Go to Start/Search and type netplwiz and press enter. Go to the Advanced tab, under Advanced user Management, click the Advanced button. Click on Users. This will have a listing of all registered users on the computer. You can Right click any user you don't want and delete it.
Back in the User Accounts window under the Users tab, if you want to log in automatically without seeing a user name or typing in a password, Un-check Users Must Enter a user name and password to use this computer. Highlight Ruth's name, and Click OK, it will ask for Ruth's password twice and then restart. It should login automatically.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/weird-user-appears-only-on-start-up-1057306.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi there,
Another user account by name of "xjlrpizeav" or "John" appears along with my account. I delete this account and its files but after some times it appears again. What should i do? Plz help....

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/19874-another-user-account-automatically-appears.html
Relevancy 73.53%

For no apparent reason, all the appointment times in Outlook 2002 have mu USER name next to it. Additionally, the task bar clock on my PC also has my USER name next to it. I want to get rid of my USER name. Any suggestions.

I think it may be sychronizing with something. thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-name-appears-next-to-appointment-time.125791/
Relevancy 73.1%

Can't seem to find a good solution, does anyone know this?

A:How do I hide/remove user icon in login screen?

Hello lambentmarkus, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you like, you could disable the user account to no longer have it show up on the log on screen.

User Account - Enable or Disable

If you don't want to disable the user account, then you could set Windows to require users to enter both their user name and password on the log on screen to no longer see any users on the log on screen.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/364164-how-do-i-hide-remove-user-icon-login-screen.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I've gone way beyond the limits of customizing my system I've had Hide/remove start picture in user menu. it with icons pictures Some things I like to just be in image but I've turned into someone that no one will understand and I'm not looking for anyone to For me it's all about simplicity So my deal is I want to REMOVE or HIDE the user picture on the Start menu in Vista Is there a way Here is my Start Menu now so if I could hide the user picture - my transformation would be complete I know you're all going to think I'm totally weird for having it the way I do but I just like it It's simple I'm all too familiar with the registry but not enough that if what I'm asking for is in the registry somewhere then I would just please ask to be told where so I can make the appropriate modifications There has to be a way So thanks if anyone can help Hope you had a great Thanksgiving

A:Hide/remove user picture in start menu.

I want to REMOVE or HIDE the user picture on the Start menu in Vista.

I didn't try this but I found on other forums this method:

1. Open the mssytles file in Restorator 2007 Extract variant > normal
2. Open the normal file in VXI32
3. Ctrl + G
4. Enter 0144c8 in decimal and press OK
5. Replace 01 with 00
6. Save
7. Drag normal file back into restorator replacing the original
8. Save
9. Restart themes service

Probably you can also use other hex editor -as I said above I've never tried this...

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/194952-hide-remove-user-picture-start-menu.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello,

I am currently building a Steam Machine with Windows 8.1, so I try to hide as much as possible Windows
Currently only one element is a problem for me, the user picture on the logon Screen.
I know it was possible to remove Windows 7 via editing the file authui.dll, but in Windows 8.1 this method is no longer functional
I'm looking for a way to remove it or just hide it ? (I already try to put a black image, but there's still the edges that are still visible.)
thank you. (...and sorry for possible spelling mistakes)

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/40416-remove-hide-user-picture-frame-logon.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I want to know how i can hide programs in start menu for current user.Pl help

A:How to hide programs in start menu for current user

you can do this by using eny program
such as
folder lock

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-hide-programs-in-start-menu-for-current-user-369575.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi guys, is there a way to hide or remove the user picture at the login screen?

I've managed to change the background image of the login screen, but that big circle that shows a picture of the user is pointless and ruins my image.

A:Hide or remove user image at logon window

Originally Posted by amaru96

Hi guys, is there a way to hide or remove the user picture at the login screen?

I've managed to change the background image of the login screen, but that big circle that shows a picture of the user is pointless and ruins my image.

You'll need to be signed on as Administrator and show 'hidden files, folders and drives' in Folder Options.

Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures and rename the 448X448 user.png to user.pak, (or something).

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/34594-hide-remove-user-image-logon-window.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi there
I'm using Windows 8.1 Enterprise RTM

At the login screen I see my user ID and a Guest user. Can I hide the guest user at login screen - I only want to see my user.

I DON'T want to boot in bypassing the sign on screen. (Note this is NOT the same as booting direct to desktop !!!).

This is new in Windows 8.1 RTM - I never had this in previous editions of windows.

(Note I really don't want to DISABLE the account - I just don't want to see it at login).

Cheers
jimbo

A:At login screen Hide Guest User (Windows 8.1 RTM)

Hello Jimbo,

By default, Windows 8 only shows the last account that signed out at sign in. Normally, you would have to click on the back arrow button to see all accounts at sign in.

Other than disabling the account, the only other way that I know of is to set Windows to require users to enter both a user name (email address for Microsoft accounts) and password at sign in instead of just selecting an account and entering it's password.

Sign in with User Name and Password in Windows 8
Hope this helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/31734-login-screen-hide-guest-user-windows-8-1-rtm.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello Techsupport Forum I am the administrator for a computer that several employees are working on I hide to Manage Panel How Control Accounts in User wanted to take all precautions against my account the admin account I made it so that the admin account wouldn't show up on the welcome screen but I am worried about another thing In control panel you can go to user account gt manage accounts and you can How to hide Manage User Accounts in Control Panel see all the accounts on the computer How would I stop this I know how to hide just User Accounts using the registry but I am okay and actually want need the users to modify their own accounts and for some modify others But my account needs to be completely hidden I don't want my employees to know about the account because of security problems How would I go about doing it I can't find the cpl file for just Manage Accounts to hide just Manage Accounts through the registry In general I just need to completely hide one account from view even if you look in the control panel but still allow users to manage their own account I'm sure the Techsupport team can help Thanks

A:How to hide Manage User Accounts in Control Panel

Hi, If you type your title into google you get this, simple isn't it:-

Run Registry Editor (RegEdit.exe).
Navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList

Note: If SpecialAccounts and UserList is not found, create new sub-key and name them accordingly.

Select UserList, and in the right pane, right click on any blank space, and point to New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value.
Name the new DWORD registry value name as the exact same name that match the name of the user account to be hidden.
For example, if the user ID of the user account is John, the name the registry value as John.

Double click on DWORD registry value, and set the value data to 0 in oder to hide the account from Welcome Screen.
Tip: To display the user account on Welcome Screen again so that it?s visible again, delete the registry entry, or set the value data to 1.

Exit Registry Editor.
Log off or restart computer to make the change effective.

Tip: In order to login into Windows using an user account that has made hidden and invisible, just press Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up Windows Logon dialog, and then type in the user name and password manually.

How to Create Hidden User Account (Hide User Account from Welcome Screen) in Windows ? My Digital Life

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-hide-manage-user-accounts-in-control-panel-611148.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Help Please I've been searching this forum and on line all day I cannot find anything close to my problem or any instructions to help me fix it I have two user accounts on my computer Both have Administrator privileges however recently certain functions and capabilities have disappeared from these User Logons I think they have somehow become corrupt so I thought I would create a new user and Profile/ User Creation User Problem copy over the files minus the Ntuser dat Ntuser dat log and Ntuser ini HOWEVER when I open the Control Panel User Accounts and click Add or Remove User Account User Profile/ User Creation Problem - I get nothing No window opens I have even activated the built in Administrator Account through the elevated command prompt but was unable to rename as per the tutorial on here and it doesn't work either I think not being able to rename the Administrator account has something to do with me not having true administrator privileges When I tried to save the rename program into the Windows system folder I got a you must have administrative rights to do this pop up so I clicked to activate but it never placed the file in the system folder Other things discovered while working on this - I cannot see find from the start prompt local security policies - Manage Computer does not show Users amp Groups I can boot into safe mode and use the Toshiba Restore option which will bring it back to out of the box condition - but I believe I would have to reinstall all my programs - not something I want to do -- so this is a worst case Armageddon scenario Any idea on how to fix these profiles and or what could be wrong with Windows running Home Premium bit Sandy

A:User Profile/ User Creation Problem

Other things discovered while working on this:
- I cannot see/find (from the start prompt) "local security policies" 
- "Manage Computer" does not show "Users & Groups".

These are only available in the Pro version of Windows 7.

You should not need to rename the hidden Administrator group. When logging into the Hidden Administrator Account you activated, you cannot create a new user in Control Panel?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562590/user-profile-user-creation-problem/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello
we had a windows server 2008 Domain network.
now we have deployed a brand new windows server 2012 R2 forest.
so we must disjoin client computers from previous domain and join them to this new domain.
when users of this new domain login to their computers, new profile folder is created for them (e.g. c:\users\u1.newdomain.lab, but this folder definitely doesn't contain their previous profile folder contents (desktop, documents, App data....)
what is the best solution to migrate user profiles from each previous user to related new user without any problem ?
i tried copying the entire profile folder of each user & replace it on the profile folder new user, but some problem arises, when this new user tries to login using this replaced profile folder.
i am not sure is it right forum to ask user profile related question?
thanks in advanced

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3bcd33cb-019c-49e9-8664-610a0f7437cc/replacing-previous-user-profile-on-new-user-profile-folder?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 72.67%

User complains of mouse moving without user interaction I witnessed and it appears as if they are deliberate movements by a remote user For example trees expanding and collapsing files selected opened and or closed etc Is there a way to determine if someone has gotten into our network Below is hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC by deliberate be to What operations not mouse appears user WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager Docmgr bin WavXDocMgr exeC Program Files Wave Systems Corp SecureUpgrade exeC Program Files Apoint ApMsgFwd exeC Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exeC Program Files Apoint HidFind exeC WINDOWS system KADxMain exeC Program What appears to be deliberate mouse operations not by user Files Apoint Apntex exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exeC Program Files HP ToolBoxFX bin HPTLBXFX exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS hcwemMON exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast aswDisp exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG What appears to be deliberate mouse operations not by user exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin What appears to be deliberate mouse operations not by user hpqtra exeC PROGRA MICROS OFFICE OUTLOOK EXEC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswSimp exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http agencyR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http agency R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http agencyR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files Dell BAE BAE dllO - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquietO - HKLM Run NVHotkey rundll exe nvHotkey dll StartO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeO - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeO - HKLM Run WavXMgr C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager Docmgr bin WavXDocMgr exeO - HKLM Run SecureUpgrade C Program Files Wave Systems Corp SecureUpgrade exeO - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp ProgramFiles SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exeO - HKLM Run KADxMain C WINDOWS system KADxMain exeO - HKLM Run PDVDDXSrv quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run AT amp T Communication Manager quot C Program Files AT amp T Communication Manager ATTCM exe quot -aO - HKLM Run HPPQVideo quot C Program Files HP Sch... Read more

A:What appears to be deliberate mouse operations not by user

Good evening. Given what you have described, i'd say that you would be wise to assume that if the PC in question can access your network then a remote user that can access the PC has the same access to your network.As the PC appears to be connected with the State of Alabama Emergency Management Agency, I suggest you get the experts in.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303144/what-appears-to-be-deliberate-mouse-operations-not-by-user/
Relevancy 72.67%

I've done a new user account in Windows Vista Home and now I want to delete it but when Click to change the user account window appears for less than a second and then disappear,

what I have to do

and there there Other Windows do like knowing this (my account is system admin)

A:change the user account window appears

Welcome to you toom2020,
I'm a little unsure of exactly what you mean. However have a look at these tutorials to see if they provide you with the answer.
If they aren't what you require post back & we will try to help you further.

User Account Name

User Account - Delete

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/244036-change-user-account-window-appears.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi,

Yesterday an issue came up where my user account appeared as new (as if it was the first use of the account), I assumed this was the result of an auto-update so set everything up and continued as normal. This included moving some documents from the desktop into the my documents folder. When I logged on to my PC today I was presented with my user account as it was before this reset. The PC is behaving as if it has forgotten everything that I did with the 'new' version of my account.

The problem I have is that the documents that I placed into the my documents folder are no longer there and I can't find them using the search function.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can access these documents? I'm using windows 8 64-bit.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/63190-user-account-appears-new-then-reverts-normal.html
Relevancy 72.24%

A simple 'tweak' to 'hide' the Default User Picture on Windows 8.1 Start Screen:

A:Hide Default Start Screen User Image in Windows 8.1

Very good video Edwin

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/44381-hide-default-start-screen-user-image-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello everyone. Hope everyone is having a good day. I recently ran into some issues with my user account and had to create a new one as the old one was not accessible anymore. After creating a new user account - I've ran into an issue. When I go to switch my user account, I am taken to the login screen - however it just presents a background image. The only thing present is the power options on the right hand side. No accounts appear for me to switch to. My only option is to restart and go from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thank you all for taking the time out to look at this post.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/67827-when-switching-user-accounts-only-background-image-appears.html
Relevancy 71.81%

The User Accounts screen appears continually on my desktop, always when I click "Start", and possibly other times too. I recently changed from Norton AIS to MSE but it's been happening since before then. This is using my own administrator level account.

I have not changed my password, and it appears that I have not lost any actual functionality or access. It's just a nuisance I would like to be rid of. I've seen one or two years-old threads about this here, but for me this just started a week or so ago.

Has anyone run into this recently? I suspect a recent Windows update was the cause, but I'm not sure.

A:User Accounts screen appears whenever I use the Start button.

this link should help
'User Account Control' appears whenever I start Outlook 2010 - Microsoft Answers
i do applgz that is not the right link, ill see if i can get you the right 1 again sry

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/289624-user-accounts-screen-appears-whenever-i-use-start-button.html
Relevancy 71.81%

When starting my PC the user account name from a deleted user account appears as the default login account.

This user account does not appear when looking at the manage user account screens as it was deleted by the account holder (the former owner of the PC).

How do I stop this deleted user account name appearing at login?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/41443-deleted-user-account-name-appears-login-screen.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Heye,

I wonder if it's possible to add a new user in windows without automatically making a folder in Documents And Settings?
If that's the case, how?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-user-without-user-folder.722018/
Relevancy 70.95%

Ok, This has been happening the last few days and it's really getting to me, Anyway the problem consist of error messages on my login password into my windows xp account.

This problem only occurs after i've logged in, for example.

I will get on my account play for awhile then go afk, my screen saver then comes in, I return to my computer type in my password to get back on my windows account and I recieve an invalid password error on my name. I run 3 other accounts on the same computer none are passworded, so I try to enter on one of those accounts and for some reason, they are ALL passworded. really weird.

Eventually to fix the problem I'll restart my computer completely and it'll let me log back into my account.

A:Weird login error after I switch user or screensaver appears

Try to create a new user? Keep all files of the previous account when asked for?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-login-error-after-i-switch-user-or-screensaver-appears-120260.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I am having the problem  for a particular user. For other users there are no problems. It is always configuring continuing for almost 5 to minutes. There is no updates pending or updates enabled.
    I stopped the updates for it gives some problem in accessing the files or its tabs.
           Even this user could use all the features, but this annoying feature is always there. Windows installer starts configuring ms office. All sorts of tricks by microsoft on this regard have been tried but not solved.  i deleted the user account and copied  the old files to the new user, this problem stops but the software i downloaded free from GOTD becomes trial versions, as most of them were user specific
             Can i stop ose.exe service. office source engine? Will it solve the problems. Pl advise to rid of this problem . experts ideas are always there in this site..

A:windows configuring ms office appears at evey start up for a particular user

Possible file corruption in Office...have you tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509298/windows-configuring-ms-office-appears-at-evey-start-up-for-a-particular-user/
Relevancy 70.52%

dell dimension 2400
winxppro sp2
2gb ram

1. the network icon keeps appearing in the tray, even though i have rosewill nic driver software that connects for me,
and i'm connected already. i've unchecked and rechecked the properties boxes for no connection and limited connection,
but it reappears after logon. can you tell me how to make it stay according to the checkboxes?

2. my fast user switching reverts to the classic login box, despite fus and terminal svcs being set to auto. it seems
like it decides arbitrarily to either give me the fus window, or the classic window, whenever it wants. can you tell
me how to keep it at the fus non-classic window?

A:network icon appears/fast user switch classic window

above, problem #2 (fast user switch reverts to classic) i believe is fixedusing the terminal services fix found here.still looking for fix for problem 1.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419624/network-icon-appearsfast-user-switch-classic-window/
Relevancy 70.09%

As of today in our domain environment consisting of Windows and Windows Enterprise machines we are experiencing the quot User Profile service failed the sign-in - User profile cannot be loaded quot error message whenever a user tries to login This only affects users new to the particular machine If they have signed on before and already have Default service 8 User Profile loaded. be Profile Profile sign-in Win Environment Domain in Corrupt The failed User 7 the User Win cannot and - a cached account the computer logs them in with no issue This is occurring on both Win and Win machines We are an academic institution so this is becoming a huge problem in our labs Students generally use different computers so this is popping up very frequently I have a solution for the issue It appears that on the non-working machines that the quot Default quot user profile is corrupt I have discovered that if I find a machine Win or Win doesn't matter that is allowing first time users to logon I can copy the quot Default quot user profile and replace the corrupt one I must first permanently delete the corrupt profile before copying over the new one Corrupt Default User Profile in Domain Environment - The User Profile service failed the sign-in User Profile cannot be loaded. Win 8 and Win 7 I am doing this over the network by navigating the C users folder Even this way is becoming cumbersome though as we have over computer in labs I have googled and googled and I keep seeing the same answers offering various solutions none which are any more practical than my method I cannot find information on a cause or a reason of why this would just crop up out of nowhere I suspect maybe a Windows update but I cannot verify that yet If anyone can offer any advice share a possible patch it would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a617fa3-ddbe-49a2-af23-e68fd6b015a3/corrupt-default-user-profile-in-domain-environment-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-signin?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 70.09%

I recently deleted a user account, and clicked yes to also delete all associated files...the user was successfully deleted, however, the user's folders/files remain, and cannot be deleted. Is it possible to associate that user's folder with a new user's login? If not, what needs to be done in order to delete the remaining user folder?

A:Deleted user account, but user folder was not deleted.

You will need to be signed on as a user that is part of the administrator account to delete the user account folder.

You can't associate the folder with a new user (well not easily) but you can copy the contents of documents, music etc to a new user.

So:

Sign on as an administratorCreate a new userSign on to the new user and sign offSign on as an administrator againCopy the data you want to the new users folderDelete the old user folder

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/52989-deleted-user-account-but-user-folder-not-deleted.html
Relevancy 69.23%

A past virus must have caused this.The C:\Users folder is not visible in explorer for some reason.I can still visit the contents and the pc works fine,but this is not right.Also, there is a lock on my users/alexandros folder icon.Maybe it has something to do?

A:Users folder not visible in explorer,lock on admin's user folder icon?

Oh,note that i went in and tried to give "users" read and write rights of the users\alexandros folder to see if the lock goes away ,but i saw the processing was taking too much time and also some files had access denied so i quit.I hope i did not mess up

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/300824-users-folder-not-visible-explorer-lock-admins-user-folder-icon.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I clicked on the Hidden box of Properties for a couple of my folders.

I lost my limited user account folder in the Users folder. How do I get it back?

Thanks,
theAdmiral

A:I lost my limited user account folder icon in Users folder.

You mean you hide it? If that what happened, just change the folder view setting to show up the hidden folders.
Refer here:
Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide

If that isn't what happened, then elaborate the situation much more.
Take Care

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/195276-i-lost-my-limited-user-account-folder-icon-users-folder.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I tried to completely rename my pc acct, user profile folder, etc; using this thread:

User Profile Folder - Change User Account Folder Name

It didn't work. The 1st time I booted, W-7 had created a new acct with beginning user settings (taskbar programs, desktop, display, etc). I then reversed the changes and logged off. I rebooted and my original desktop and name appeared.

But, I also found an additional entry in C:\Users: a Temp folder with a padlock icon attached.

An instruction I followed in the rename procedures was to reverse any shared folders in C:Users.

For now, I've abandoned the rename & just want to clean up the damage. What should be done with the Temp folder with a padlock icon?

A:Temp folder with padlock icon in C:\User folder after try PC rename

I would not recommend a full rename as shown however you can go in users and rename your profile there. Since programs could still be using the original folder I would leave that be. If you tried to log into the account and you had not changed the registry correctly then Windows would have created that temporary folder. You can take ownership of it and look inside of it to make sure that you don't have data in there but I suspect that you don't. Provided that there isn't anything in there that is vital and your profile is working correctly then you should be able to remove that folder. Take Ownership of file

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/398129-temp-folder-padlock-icon-c-user-folder-after-try-pc-rename.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I had moved 'My Pictures' folder away from C Users username My Pictures when I first set the computer up and I had it in another partitioned drive E For space reason I wanted to move it back to it's original location above and moved the whole folder across to the 'My in do error and folder User merged How unmerge Pictures' folder I C but instead of having How do I unmerge User folder and 'My Pictures' folder merged in error it as a folder in the username folder as it should be I merged it in error with the username folder The folder is now named My Pictures and has the path C Users My Pictures in the registry I have hopefully attached the properties of the folder which shows that there is no How do I unmerge User folder and 'My Pictures' folder merged in error location tab The network path is shown as HOME Users username How do I clean up the folder back to it's standard user folder detail without the merged detail of My Pictures and I guess the easier part is to create a new My Pictures folder and point the registry to it as per the detail in the top line Please help a newbie Cheers Dan

A:How do I unmerge User folder and 'My Pictures' folder merged in error

Have you tried a System Restore back to a date prior to doing what you did? That MAY fix it.

System Restore can be accessed from Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/250271-how-do-i-unmerge-user-folder-my-pictures-folder-merged-error.html
Relevancy 67.94%

HELP!!!

I turned my computer on after work and found that it seemed like everything had been deleted, as in I had no installed programmes anymore and my documents, pictures and videos libraries were empty. Also that I had no record of my email anymore.. So I had a look and found this new user folder (Dan.Dan-PC) which was created in my users folder.

My old user (Dan) is still there which has all my old information and library structure there but it is not being showed anymore. It is some virus which is loading these new libraries on startup!! Please help me!!!

I did a scan with AVG and got this:

A:Virus making new user folder in users folder!?

You might try the procedure's listed in the guide. This system seems to be pretty far gone. Interesting virus, a swing and a miss for AVG.
How to easily clean an infected computer (Malware Removal Guide)

Having an extra drive with a recent system image + system restore procedure using DVD is the best method for fixing these problems.

Of course these days you need to keep that extra drive unplugged if you really want to keep it safe.

You might want to try the security section of the forum for more help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/330730-virus-making-new-user-folder-users-folder.html
Relevancy 67.94%

...tor folder, and public folder?

I only need one! I want the Administrator folder as my main folder.

The libraries folder has nothing from my Administrator folder, the Public folder is redundant and useless, and my user folder is empty.

I want my Administrator folder to be my libraries folder (systeam folder).

Why is my Administrator folder in the Network submenu?

I did enable the Windows 7 Administrator account, switched, and deleted the user account I was forced to create when first running my laptop.

A:How do I fix this mess -- libraries folder, user folder, administra...

If you right click in the navigation pane and select Show all folders thia should give you what you need

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/134974-how-do-i-fix-mess-libraries-folder-user-folder-administra.html
Relevancy 67.94%

HELP! I've accidentally moved my Documents Folder into my user profile folder by mistake and now i have a mess. basically I now have a folder that goes something like this: c:\users\documents\ and it contains a duplicate of everything that was already in the desktop\username\documents folder except now I can't rename or delete my user profile folders...ad I don't have a restore point to go back to what can I do? any help would be very much appreciated please!! Thanks!!

A:Moved Documents Folder to User Profile Folder

You could try to open another user account. I think that would be a possible way to solve your problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/278335-moved-documents-folder-user-profile-folder.html
Relevancy 67.94%

So I was trying to remap my User folders (e.g. Documents, Pictures) to a different drive by changing the location. What I accidentally managed to do is (I think) migrate my Contacts folder with my User folder. Now, when I go into C>Users, instead of my name, I see the actual Contacts folder. When I go into it, it has all my user folders, but I can't rename it and I don't know how to get it back to normal. I was having trouble restoring the contacts folder with the rest of my user folders but I managed to do that. Now I have... two Contacts folders? One is in with the rest of my user folders, the other IS my User folder. Please help me fix this mistake.

A:Replaced User folder with Contacts folder, how to restore?

See if this helps, User Folders - Restore Default Location - Windows 7 Help Forums. I've accidentally messed them up myself by clicking the wrong folder. Restoring defaults fixed it for me. The tricky part is whether to move the contents back or not. I'm think you shouldn't, at least not automatically anyway.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/60028-replaced-user-folder-contacts-folder-how-restore.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I got my new PC with Win XP preinstalled.
Under C: Documents & Settings it shows All users, Default user & user.
I am the only user. I have changed my Login name via Control panel. I am not able to change 'user' as it says it is used by system32 & cannot be changed.
Is there any method?
Thanks.. this is my 1st question.

A:Changing User name in XP registry

Create a new account with the name that you want. Copy over the profile from the other one if you want and then delete the first account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-user-name-in-xp-registry.650021/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello all.

I have just reinstalled Windows XP Pro on my PC and need to find a way to get my programs from a user that is no longer recognized by windows to work with my new user. The first thing I thought to do was copy the registry from the old user and replace the new one's with it, but I'm not sure if that would work, or how to do it.

Any ideas?

A:Swap user registry?

The tried and true and only way is to reinstall the programs involved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/swap-user-registry.731370/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello

i discovered, using Regseeker clean up function
lot of keys can not be deleted cause rights are of older user that has been deleted from my PC

i've found the way to solve it manually changing rights to key and subkeys
but it's a long way to do manually on all them
there's a way to spread full controll for current user to all keys on registry ?

My PC Win XP SP3 Media center 2002

Thanks

A:Registry rights - old user

1) To answer your question, yes. Using a very powerful utility (subinacl) you can do a system-wide permission change (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2006/09/04/739820.aspx). Be careful to follow all instructions and to let the script finish completely before doing anything else.

2) Registry cleaners NEVER do any good and some, like Regseeker can be very dangerous and harmful to your system. There is NEVER a need or reason to use any registry cleaner.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/374356/registry-rights-old-user/
Relevancy 67.94%

I'm getting ready to give a family member our old laptop. I created a new admin account, then deleted the old one from the Users area in Control Panel. It didn't do a clean delete, as the old userid comes up with a signon window before Windows comes completely up. There is an error message that displays in front of the window that says "Make sure your userid and domain are correct". There is no domain field.

The documents, etc. are gone for the old user, but the userid appears 5 or 6 times in the Registry.

Lynn

A:Delete old user from registry

I'd do a clean format and reinstall Windows XP rather than risk leaving some old files (you might not have gotten all of them) on the computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/delete-old-user-from-registry-276865.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi everyone.

Is there anyone that can help me. Everytime I log into my computer I am getting the following two messages

Could not load or run c\users\karen specified in the registry. Make sure it exists or remove

I click on OK then get the following message :

Could not load or rin innes\appadata\roaming\adobe\manager.exe specified in the registry. Make sure it exists or remove

Many thanks

Karen

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162538/not-load-or-run-cuserme-as-specified-in-registry/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi I in XP registry User Hidden am using XP PRO and have been experiencing all sorts of problems recently computer turns it self off - corrupt registry - program not being able to Hidden User in XP registry register objects - not able to run repair I have run Combofix several times Hidden User in XP registry a-squared HiJackfree OTL and thought that I overcome the problems but there is a persistent hidden entry in my registry reported by Combofix which defies removal or keeps coming back --------------------- LOCKED REGISTRY KEYS --------------------- HKEY USERS S- - - Hidden User in XP registry - - - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Shell Extensions Approved C BC-C BF- -C E- D C Allowed Read RestrictedCode Allowed Read RestrictedCode quot hagmhnmhpliaikoh quot hex a e b d e e e b e quot iamnbngpenmpnjaana quot hex a e b d e e e b e e Using Autoruns is it being loaded under the Explorer tag HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Shell Extensions Approved the corresponding key name HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Shell Extensions Approved C BC-C BF- -C E- D C Unfortunately I deleted one of the key and Regedit now tell me Cannot open C BC-C BF- -C E- D C Error while opening key I have no idea of how this user got created and what harm it s doing to my machine a-squared also lists these items under Explorer Addons but the location is blank Encryption Context Menu IE User Assist Shell Autoplay for Sideshows Shell Extensions for File Coompression Task bar and start menu User accounts Autoruns also has these entries Display Panning CPL Extension File not found deskpan dll Display Panning CPL Extension File not found deskpan dll Please let me know what other information you need and any steps advice that I can take to permanently get rid of this Much appreciated PS downloaded the DDS program from another post but it opens up with Notepad

A:Hidden User in XP registry

The programs that you are using are some serious ones, Have you had guidance when using these programs. They can get you in more trouble than out of trouble if used incorrectly.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276994/hidden-user-in-xp-registry/
Relevancy 67.94%

I've booted in linux and copied the directory:
c:\windows\system32\config
219mb includes sam and sam.log
Moved to a working machine on a USB stick.
How can I extract user names and PW?
Iv'e run pwdump7.exe -d
i have a savedump.dat, but can't read it.
Any ideas?

A:Extract user and PW from registry.

Hi and welcome to TSF we cannot help with pasword issues it is against forum rules

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/extract-user-and-pw-from-registry-596286.html
Relevancy 67.94%

OK, I just clean installed Win 8.1 on a new motherboard and CPU, I left the internet turned off so that I only have a local Admin account.
The issue is I screwed up with my user name Clinton J. Wright I put an extra space between j. Wright
I have change this using control panel/ user
But I still can't log on to the rest of my Peer to Peer network, as I have that set up to use" Authorized Users" with my user info on all units.
So I'm thinking there must be a register entry that I'm going to have to edit to correct this issue, Anyone have any ideas

A:How to change User Name in Registry

You would have to rename your user I think. See Renaming user account folder

It would probably be easier to set up a new user and delete the old one though.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62436-how-change-user-name-registry.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I would welcome suggestions for a reliable & simple to use Registry Editing tool. I have tried RegCleaner (free) by Juoni Viourno, but am having problems as it seems not to launch - see thread on uninstalling Realplayer in this forum.

I did find a beginners guide tp the Windows Registry at

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial74.html

A:Registry Editors for novice user

Some here:
http://www.techspot.com/downloadid14by4.html
Here's a free one:
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/3234-fix-my-registry.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/registry-editors-for-novice-user.100636/
Relevancy 67.08%

I can't find this information.. Where are the keyboard shortcuts we created in the registry? I use them to launch many apps. I just updated one and the keyboard shortcut associated to it is gone, yet i can't set it to the same.. Like Windows remember it but is hiding it..!

A:User keyboard shortcuts in registry?

You could try a system restore mate and then upodate it again wortha shot and you have nothting to lose.

But one thing I do is back up the registry after an install and before I delve into it
Registry - Backup and Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/352911-user-keyboard-shortcuts-registry.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi
I have a windows 7 pc and various users who use it. Each user that logs on creates a local profile ok. However when you logon with the admin account and open the registry editor and look under the HKEY_USERS key only the S-1-5-2xxxx entry is there for the admin account and the standard system entries but each key for every user that has logged onto the pc is not displayed.

Under windows XP you where able to see entries for all users who had logged onto that pc. Has something changed with Windows 7 by design or is there something wrong with the installation/setup of this machine.

Thanks

A:User Registry Keys Not Displaying

Just use "Load Hive" from the file menu when you have HKEY_USERS selected

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/217180-user-registry-keys-not-displaying.html