Windows Support Forum

Event Viewer Event Id 2002, Source: EapHost, Log Application

Q: Event Viewer Event Id 2002, Source: EapHost, Log Application

Well I tryed to manage page-file but unfortunataly it resulted in problems Then I lost VAIO-CARE and ZIP files too When I open Event Viewer every single day I see this event Viewer 2002, EapHost, Log Event Source: Application Event Id Id Souce Eap Host Log name Application and number of Eventes As I am desparate about that What sould I do Reinstall VAIO-care or WHAT Event Viewer Event Id 2002, Source: EapHost, Log Application else Please help me Well I can say that before of all I tryed to install vopt latest version but it was not freeware and I soon had to uninstall it but it was not getting to uninstall from programs and features and then I used register editor to delete the leftovers which desapered from program and features but I can see several error in event viewr such as Event MsInstaller gt gt gt gt Product Vaio Media Plus -- Error - An instalation for the product Vaio Media Plus cannot be found Try the installation again using a valid copy of the instalation package 'VMP VEPMMx msi' So should I reinstall all vaio care or not By the way I tryed to install vopt in order to align files in hard drive but when I tryed to manage page file it did not work as should have so I lost vaio care What to do can you figure out what going on

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Event Viewer Event Id 2002, Source: EapHost, Log Application

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Event Viewer Event Id 2002, Source: EapHost, Log Application

Welcome to the forums Marioo!

Have you tried a system restore to a point before these errors started? (Easiest things first) You could also try a sfc/scannow, to find and possibly repair any corrupted system files. We have many fine tutorials here at the forums, written by some very knowledgeable people, heres a link to one if you haven't did this before :

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/319083-event-viewer-event-id-2002-source-eaphost-log-application.html
Relevancy 50.74%

In a strange turn of events, Nvidia elected to use Epic Games' media event (instead of its own last night) at the Game Developers Conference to reveal its newest flagship graphics card, the Titan X.

Read more

A:Nvidia crashes Epic Games' media event, announces Titan X graphics card

Soo... What are the chances of a 6GB "980Ti" variant? A bit like the 780Ti was to the Titan Black?
Because it would be better for games and a hell of a lot cheaper

If the rumor mill is to be believed, the price is going to be $1,349, Most people who buy this for gaming will have no use of the double precision floating point prowess of the card, and the few that would probably should have spent a couple hundred extra bucks to get a proper Quadro!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-crashes-epic-games-media-event-announces-titan-x-graphics-card.209423/
Relevancy 52.03%

How serious is this? I'm running on a Dell laptop with a Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller.

It is saying that I should back up all of my important files because of possible hard drive failure.

PLEASE HELP? I don't know how to fix this because I don't know what it means.

A:Hard drive is reporting a Smart Event error message

It telling you your hard drive is on its way out. You can try running a check disk and see if that helps. But to be on the safe side you should back up your personal files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-is-reporting-a-smart-event-error-message.199432/
Relevancy 24.51%

I've got a SanDisk memory stick and I've used it for a couple of years and have had no trouble but recently 2 files (autorun and starter) have come up and I've tried to delete them and it wouldn't work, so I tried to open starter application but nothing happened.

Does anyone know how remove them?

A:Starter application and autorun file won't go away

You can always format the SD

another choice is to disable AUTORUN on you system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/starter-application-and-autorun-file-wont-go-away.194684/
Relevancy 30.53%

During my recent times playing CSS ive been getting told im lagging all over the place, but to me everything seems fine. SOO I need help to fix this lag of mine. I play on a laptop over wifi.
my laptop:
Asus
model: Q500A
processor: intel core i5-3210M
RAM: 6GB

My laptop is currently having problems with it too such as when I try to shut down it'll take like 5 minutes or wont at all and sometimes loses connection to the wifi and I wont be able to open the list of available wifi, but when I can it wont show or connect so I have to restart my laptop.

A:STEAM: Counter strike source lag, how to fix?

You're playing on wifi on a probably bad Internet connection. Sometimes even though it looks okay to you, you're in fact lagging.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/steam-counter-strike-source-lag-how-to-fix.194437/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Dell Studio 1737 Windows Vista Home 64 Service Pack 2. All of my drivers are up to date and I have the most recent BIOS.

I get this error message in my event viewer a couple of time an hour:

Source: ACPI
Event ID: 13

: The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. In some situations, this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly.

Also, when my computer is unplugged from the AC and running on battery power the system lags a lot and after about 15 minutes its turns off without warning.

I feel like this is all connected. Any advice?

Thank you!

A:ACPI error Event ID 13

This could be caused by a failing hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acpi-error-event-id-13.190645/
Relevancy 24.51%

Greetings guys, hope you are doing fine.

I'm using ExpatShield to play SCII ( long story ). Anyway, I tried today to download an arcade map from within SC ( 3 MB ) but it was extremly slow. I alt-tab and opened Resource Monitor and here is what I found >> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/expatbug.jpg/
As you can see ExpatShield is downloading at near 70 KB/sec but is not passing data to the original application ( SC in this case ). It actually downloaded more than 70 MB and the map was still at 2%. Moreover, when I exited SCII, Expat kept downloading.
It usually works fine except for this case.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/expatshield-not-passing-data-to-application.190865/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello Everyone errors event DNS client I m have a problem on my newer computer that I would like DNS client event errors to know if anyone could give me hand trying to figure out DNS client event errors Now this is not an error that is preventing the computer from working But I get an error in the Event viewer constantly Just makes me think that there is something wrong Error is as follows Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords User NETWORK SERVICE Computer Jay-PC Description There was an error while attempting to read the local hosts file Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client quot Guid quot C E- EEA- A -A FE-A B DDB D quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Jay-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Location quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Context quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Like I said earlier If anyone can give me a hand with this I would greatly appreciate it Also Im sorry if I m posting this in the wrong Forum Topic Wasn t sure what sub topic I was supposed to put it under Thanks nbsp

A:DNS client event errors

Easiest approach is to delete the host file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc contains hosts

you need ADMIN privileges
First stop the client by getting a cmd prompt and enter net stop "dns client" (exactly as shown)
now cd to \windows\system32\drivers\etc

del hosts
then recreate it using echo "" >hosts
(that is two consecutive double-quotes without anything between)

now you should clear the event viewer log containing the error and follow up with
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-client-event-errors.186735/
Relevancy 30.1%

I assembled a desktop maybe years ago the board finally went South It s an ASUS P C E 478 Pentium Need source for socket or IV repair motherboard motherboard uses a Pentium IV socket CPU dual channel DDR PC RAM - has slots I ve got modules for total gb RM I m not a gamer just fool around with home video amp pictures some online Need source for Pentium IV socket 478 motherboard or repair sports watch an old tv show surf the net simple things like that It s always been plenty fast for everything I do When it happened all the lights flashed rapidly and it beeped rapidly when I tried to start it Now the switch has no effect - the board powers up as soon as power is supplied to the machine Can t force quit the machine either Nothing on the monitor at all A Need source for Pentium IV socket 478 motherboard or repair tech shop checked it and said the board is bad Sounded like they checked it by swapping cpu s RAM etc I had tried a new battery first had hoped they would test the chipset etc but doesn t sound like they did much if any of those kinds of diagnostics I do have an ASUS setup disc I got with the board when I bought it that ASUS says I can use Need source for Pentium IV socket 478 motherboard or repair to reinstall the BIOS haven t tried that yet While I was poking around inside making sure there were no loose cables or other obvious simple problems I cleaned it The CPU heat sink came off the CPU so I have to get some of the heat sink grease and reattach it before I try to start it again Assuming I do need a new board I ve found that boards that will accept that old Pent IV and my ram are scarce So far just some real cheapies on Amazon and eBay Would like to find I e a refurbished direct replacement or at least something basically comparable Or even a reputable shop that may be able to repair the board if I send it to them Would much appreciate any leads or advice The machine serves my needs and I d like to avoid the cost of a new CPU and RAM Thanks nbsp

A:Need source for Pentium IV socket 478 motherboard or repair

Absolutely!

I see I failed to specify, but I need an ATX rather than a micro ATX. I did a quick search on the basic LGA 775 specs and the one I happened to see was a micro ATX, altho I imagine other forms were available?

If yours is an ATX, I'll very gratefully take you up on that.

You wouldn't happen to have a setup manual? I'm far from being very knowledgeable,
more of the typical "know enuf to get myself in trouble" level.

I would imagine I might be able to find and download a manual if you don't have one.

My zip is 89046, Searchlight NV. I'm here temporarily for a 2+ year solar-steam generating plant project, then RETIREMENT!!

Thanks so much!

Address removed for your safety. Note from mailpup: Give address in private "conversation" with Matthew.

I'd prefer FedEx ground, they deliver to me.

Let me know how much, throw in some extra for your packaging and time/trouble.
And how to send the money. If you do PayPal, add extra for their cut of course.
Or I can mail a Postal MO or whatever.
Not a huge rush, I can access my "civilian" email at work if I don't overdo it.
Thanks again!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-source-for-pentium-iv-socket-478-motherboard-or-repair.184060/
Relevancy 30.53%

I want to start with the fact that I m not ignorant when it comes to computers I bought and assembled my pc part by part A few days ago my pc started shutting down after playing for a while Not rebooting Shutting down I have come to the conclusion that it s definitely not a software problem It is curious to note that my hardware hasn t changed since the day I bought my pc a few years back Also the games that make the pc shut down never caused this before With software and hardware that hasn t changed in months suddenly my pc is overheating Curious Perhaps too much dust Maybe my hardware getting less efficient with need - source finding help Overheating age Who knows I only care about finding the source and fixing this I can t even play Minecraft for and hour anymore I installed SpeedFan and a label that-I-can t-do-anything-but-assume-it s-the-processor got around C while playing It was here that I realized I don t know anything about running temperatures Don t know if C is normal Other than that the program wasn t very useful Too many unnamed labels and apparently of my cores are below C I suspect the problem is either the processor the chipset or the PSU My pc ASUS P N-E SLI Intel Core Quad GHz GB DDR RAM x Geforce GT x assorted HDD s Cooler Master PSU can t remember right now but about w or more Never been overclocked Also it has no warranty anymore So I need good advice How can I find out the source of the overheating As a side Overheating - need help finding source note my PSU s internal cooler started making noises a few months ago I ve read this is due to dust and stuff Perhaps it s relevant nbsp

A:Overheating - need help finding source

Remove the CPU cooler-heatsink. Clean off all the dust and any other debris. Clean off the old thermal paste and apply a small amount of new paste. Then check the PC's operation

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overheating-need-help-finding-source.165343/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello,

I'm connected to the internet via wireless modem. My PC is connected to the modem via Ethernet and the modem connects me witlessly to the nearest Base Station. The modem has no interface or options to modify.
I play WoW and use Ventrillo ( Voice Chat ). Is there a way to give WoW more priority than Ventrillo ? Because sometimes i have over 600ms latency.

Bandwidth is 512Kbps Up and 128Kbps Down.

Thanks in advance.....

A:How to give bandwidth priority to application over another?

I don't think theres an easy way to do that, without using third party software, but what I would suggest is perhaps lowering the quality of ventrillos call? that would lower the bandwidth required. (Thats if there isn't already an option to lower bandwidth within ventrillo options)

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-give-bandwidth-priority-to-application-over-another.159851/
Relevancy 24.08%

my laptop was stuck or hang suddenly during i played the music or open any application....

A:Laptop's hang while running the application and sometimes sticky

English is not your first language? Do you have a friend that speaks English that can explain this a little clearer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptops-hang-while-running-the-application-and-sometimes-sticky.156471/
Relevancy 30.1%

Can some one teach me how to create a counter-strike source server or send me a link to a web page that teaches me, or maybe a video.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-make-a-counter-strike-source-server.154640/
Relevancy 30.53%

i just received teh 9800 gt in the mail 1024 mb pci-e. I was just looking for a power supply and noticed there isnt a slot for it. I found a spdif gnd cable which ive read is for digital sound? I would like some details if at all possible. and if i need to do anything special for my a8s-x mobo?

A:9800GT no power source needed?

is the 9800GT an ECO 'green version?
http://xtreview.com/addcomment-id-8383-view-Galaxy-GeForce-9800-GT-green-edition.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800gt-no-power-source-needed.154520/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have someone who is experiencing random connection problems on the clients such as slow or no connections to mapped network shares. Event id 10009 keeps being recorded in the domain controller logs.

DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer MARK-PC.pmc.local using any of the configured protocols.

It has a range of different computer names within the same events. As far as DCOM is configured it's only setup to use TCP-IP.

Server - Windows Server 2008 Standard FE
System type: 64-bit Operating System

Clients:
24 XP Pro
2 Vista Pro
2 Vista Home (should they be using home in an environment like this?)

I have attached the last 256 logs from Application & System as of yesterday evening at around 5pm'ish. I've checked again this morning and looks like the same error has already been re-occurring.

Can anyone give me any suggestion as to where to go with this?

Thanks.

A:Event ID: 10009 DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer <computer name>

Extra Info

Sorry I forgot to also mention that the server is acting as a DHCP server and that there router has had DHCP disabled. Client PC'S are set to local static IP'S and are not actually set to obtain if this has any variance.

Thanks, David

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-id-10009-dcom-was-unable-to-communicate-with-the-computer-computer-name.147932/
Relevancy 81.27%

I d posted in another part of techspot about a problem that it finally turned out was a slowly very slowly dying hard disk that I d had as my D drive for data and documents etc on an XP SP system gig memory Pentium GHz Not wanting to again be so vulnerable to losing my data I thought I d try a RAID configuration I went cheap yes in event viewer errors on copies RAID large and often a mistake I know with an Addonics ADSA PCI controller card that supported software RAID Once I got past the bad documentation - the installation guide started with the driver installation then the next step said quot do this part first if you re configuring RAID RAID errors on large copies and in event viewer quot and described a procedure where several things were to be installed BEFORE the card was - things never really got going smoothly I got RAID running and thought that for sake of ease I d just copy my data roughly gigs from the single drive that had it to the new RAID setup The old drive I had relettered to Q and the new array was D this was done before I configured RAID and formatted the new drives So I went to Q and selected all highlighting all top-level files and folders and their subcontents copied then went to D and pasted Every time I tried this within - minutes I d have a BSOD either a kernel stack or a kernel data inpage error The time it seemed to work best I d moved about gigs in some files So is that a problem with the RAID or with Windows and its copy function Obviously I don t typically copy that much data using copy and paste but I ve done it before without problems Ultimately I used an image of my data and restored that image onto D and all worked well And the computer has been stable now for almost hours since all this happened There ve been two exceptions One was that twice on restart XP has launched chkdsk on C my boot drive not the RAIDed data drive The first time this happened I d had to do a force restart after a lockup on a mass copy attempt so I could have accepted this becuase of the abnormal ending The second time though was after a smooth Windows restart that I did when installing some Windows updates a NET service pack that had been pushed to me after I had to install NET as part of the required RAID utility package that came with the controller card Since I m almost never asked to run chkdsk and when I am I usually understand why this bothers me The other is that I have gotten several event viewer errors related to the new RAID array A few were at a time when I had restarted Windows smooth and normal Windows restart and it went to the login screen fine and stayed that way overnight Others have occurred invisible to me when I m on the PC Here s the most recent one Event Type Error Event Source SiSRaid Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer XP Description The device Device Scsi SiSRaid did not respond within the timeout period For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data f h c a Is this stuff normal Should I be worried Pre-RAID I d go weeks usually but often months with no errors ever in my event viewer nbsp

A:RAID errors on large copies and in event viewer

So I went to Q:\ and selected all (highlighting all top-level files and folders, and their subcontents), copied, then went to D:\ and pasted.Click to expand...

Ouch! The technique of copy/paste is more likely to cause issues than anything else, especially on large size transfers.

Empty the Raid target
Select the top-level-folders
drag-n-drop onto the Raid Drive letter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-errors-on-large-copies-and-in-event-viewer.151764/
Relevancy 24.51%

It says " Application Error" for "Svhost couldn't load properly"

what does this means??
This paralyzes my internet connection in Mozilla..it's bit slow!
What are your suggestions?

A:Application Error! This is annoying every 5-10 minutes.

Sorry i forget to add something...

Failed to initialized 00000x4 Sv host

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/application-error-this-is-annoying-every-5-10-minutes.149590/
Relevancy 24.51%

I've been getting the above mentioned error everytime i power on my compaq presario f700 laptop. i ran sfc/scannow and i was informed that some files were unable to be repaired.

Anybody got any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ref-mfc-application-has-stopped-running.141730/
Relevancy 26.66%

My scanner used to work, but all I get is that error message:
"Cannot find default data source in the current directory"
Don't know what that means
Disk whereabouts is unknown

If it's a driver problem, all I see are references not going past Win2000. I have XP Home.

A:Artec ViewStation AM12E Scanner - "Cannot find default data source"

It may be time to invest in an all-in-one printer (Printer, Scanner, Fax) They are not that expensive any longer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/artec-viewstation-am12e-scanner-cannot-find-default-data-source.136875/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi I bought myself a new laptop Acer Extensa some weeks ago The computer is great however when I try to play Counter Strike Source I have some minor problems The whole game is laggy and it freezes some times I have play d other games like Call of Duty Left Radeon Counter + Source Strike: HD 3650 Dead and Half Life on medium setup without any types of lagg but Counter Strike: Source + Radeon HD 3650 when I Counter Strike: Source + Radeon HD 3650 play CS S its as I said laggy and it freezes Counter Strike: Source + Radeon HD 3650 I have tried to update my graphics card fix the rates in the game disable firewalls and turn of any other programs that are quot big quot and that take much of the internet connection Also I have tried to reinstall Steam and CS S multiple times Currently I play the game with quot low quot graphic setup still laggs and freezes I dont know if it has anything to do with it but my DirectX version is Can also mention that my FPS is about - the ping is about - and the choke is at - while gameplay Here are some facts about the laptop Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack gigahertz Intel Core Duo ATI Mobility Radeon HD - Graphics Card Megabytes Usable Installed Memory I hope you guys can help me out Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Counter Strike: Source + Radeon HD 3650

Directx9 may have something to do with it depending on what the game is and what the operating system is. If you have Vista or Windows 7 and you're playing a game that supports other directx versions, then choosing a different directx MIGHT have something to do with it.

But since you're playing Counter Strike, I'd say not. CS is a very old game and it doesn't take much to run it these days anymore. Even a basic integrated graphics card can run it smoothly.

I don't know if you've checked it, but have you looked at the settings in your catalyst? Open up the ATI catalyst and check the settings. Force Vsync, Anti-Aliasing, Texture Filtering, check all of it. Some games are REALLY sensitive to what these are set to. Call of Duty 2 for example would sometimes crash depending on what settings I had turned on when I ran an ATI card. I'm willing to bet that a certain setting in there is screwing with your game.

There may also be a setting in the Counter Strike menu that's causing a screwup with your graphics card and causing it to be jerky like that. It may also have something to do with the servers you play on. Sometimes the location can cause major lag. But I doubt this is the case.

And as an aside, a computer with an HD 3650 could easily run Half Life 2, Call of Duty 4, and Left 4 Dead very easily on high settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/counter-strike-source-radeon-hd-3650.137252/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi friends
i m using windows server 2003 and i hv intall ad on it now i want that particular user logon through terminal services and i want that user hv a right only for a particular application i.e when he logs on through terminal services particular application gets start and when he quits that application user get automatically logoff

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-logoff-when-application-is-quit.135974/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello I m new to this board but I have spent ages looking for information that might and gaming the Vista for - LAN issues the of XP source issue? what's help me to no avail I apologise if I ve missed it in my searching and I know this problem seems to crop up a lot But if you have any advice I d be most grateful I have two laptops one running Vista and one running XP We re trying to play a game we tried both Red Alert and Battle for Middle-earth II and we do have the most recent patches on both We realised there was an issue when XP and Vista LAN issues for gaming - what's the source of the issue? trying to play BFME II because we could see each other in the Lobby and when one typed a message it took about - seconds to show on the other s screen and one could create a game but when the other tried to join it it would say quot Failed Connection Timed Out quot So began our quest This is what we XP and Vista LAN issues for gaming - what's the source of the issue? have tried Checking our IP addresses are in the same range XP latest update and installation of LLTD Responder Vista latest update SP both have tried with Windows Firewalls turned off and on with exceptions including File amp Printer sharing and the specific games Turning off AVG Vista Network Discovery File Sharing both on with the network set to Private XP Network set to private Both have workgroup name quot WORKGROUP quot Logging into XP and Vista LAN issues for gaming - what's the source of the issue? our o Thomson TG v router and opening ports - as required for BFME II - although I ve done this according to step-by-step instructions when I use various online port scanning sites they all say that those ports are closed so if this is the issue I really need help in figuring out how to open the ports I ve logged in as SuperUser AND Administrator made a manual entry of the port range from - set to be open on both my Vista machine and the XP machine but this has made no difference I know it s still saved because when I log back in those ports are still there but for all the good it does Logged into the router and disabled the firewall I know a bit dodgy I re-enabled it as it didn t do any good anyhow Neither of us have an hidden firewalls that we might ve missed that are running as I only run AVG anti-virus Vista password protected sharing is turned off though I don t see how this is relevant anyhow as we re not trying to share files but to play a game On Vista I can see the XP machine in the Network and can access his public folders but on the Wireless Connection Network Map Vista is connected to the internet via the router and his XP is down at the bottom saying it could not be placed on the map We have also tried connecting directly to one another with an ethernet cable and this made no difference whatsoever other than that we had an quot unidentified quot LAN with limited connectivity but it didn t do any good from what I could see We are using dynamic IP addresses and I confess to not knowing much about IP addresses I wouldn t think we d need to set a static one to simply play a multi-player game which btw yes we do each have our own version installed We ve tried connecting each laptop directly to the router with cables directly to each other and obviously preferably just setting up a LAN through the wireless No matter what combination of these things we ve tried I haven t seen a difference One issue that I don t know if is normal or not is that when both machines are running the game we both automatically lose WiFi connection until we shut down the game completely Normal I don t know But it might help solve the issue If you have any suggestions please let me know I m pulling out my hair and every tech-friendly person I ve contacted that I know says quot well just make sure they both have the same workgroup name and that Network Discovery is turned on quot or quot turn off your firewalls quot as I suppose those are the most common mistakes but we ve tried that alre... Read more

A:XP and Vista LAN issues for gaming - what's the source of the issue?

Bueller?

I guess I don't feel bad for not figuring it out - everyone I've talked to can only suggest the only standby "turn off your firewalls." Hmmmm.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-and-vista-lan-issues-for-gaming-whats-the-source-of-the-issue.132695/
Relevancy 81.27%

I m looking for some help please My computer was giving New of event HDD/XP lots gets stuck errors booting, viewer me lots of BSOD slowed stuck bootups and errors originated New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors from Device Harddisk D in my event viewer My hard drive failed generic long tests and had bad clusters so I got a new hard drive installed it New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors with XP and it was fine for a week Then my computer would boot New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors to a blank screen and wouldn t boot in safe mode So I yesterday reinstalled XP again and now it s staying on the XP loading screen but never actually loading Safe boot got stuck as soon as I went into event viewer I managed to get it to start up normally just now and I am seeing these errors in event viewer -Error event ID The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk D -Warning event ID An error was detected on device Device Harddisk D during a paging operation -Error event ID The DHCP Client service depends on the NetBios over Tcpip service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning That same error repeats only instead of DHiverCP NetBios it s DNS Client TCP IP Protocol Driver and IPSEC -Error event The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Aavmker AFD AmdK AsIO asuskbnt aswSP aswTdi Fips IPSec MRxSmb NetBIOS NetBT ohci RasAcd Rdbss Tcpip Does this appear to be a hardware issue or is there a problem with the copy of Windows I obtained I m so frustrated I almost want to buy a premade from Dell and forget about it My current system specs Asus M N-SLI Deluxe mobo AMD Athlon X GB Corsair -Pin DDR SDRAM Please help nbsp

A:New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors

It appears that you have a nice system, if you can get it back to normal.
We have to suspect other hardware, since two hard drives have similar symptoms... but you may have copied evil stuff from the one drive to the other. How did you transfer files? Or an infestation.
What did you use to scan your system for virus and spyware infestations?
Have you carefully checked your cables... or even tried replacing them temporarily?
Examine all sockets for dirt and debris, and clean your system thoroughly but carefully.
You may need to rule out some things that do not seem part of the problem... as it may be a long and slow process to figger out where the problem is... I would start, if the drive will work well enough, by running MemTest86 for four hours or seven passes, which ever is longer... or removing half the memory to test the other half, then switching.
We always suspect the cables first. They can fail and look good.
Any defective hardware part can cause problems elsewhere if the conditions are right... so I would begin by making a check list, then trading out everything on the list... video card, modem even if not used, ethernet connection or software, .
I would also try another drive and cable... any other drive, even using the first drive, fully reformatted and reinstalled with Windows and basic software....
Windows will not normally cause these of problem, but if you have scratches or smudges that would make it difficult to read, then you could theoretically introduce errors... unlikely though that is.
You could have an optical drive error that is not seeing the software properly.
But it is also possible that your Asus board, good as it is, has a defect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hdd-xp-gets-stuck-booting-lots-of-event-viewer-errors.131519/
Relevancy 30.1%

We need to repair a bunch of laptop power adapters, If you are aware of where to purchase the cables that can repair the line from the power transformer to the plug that goes into the socket in a recent HP or Compaq laptop, and some older British laptops no longer made. please advise.

We realize one needs to have soldering skills, but I am comfortable with that task. We need the type of cable that has a core, then a insulated outer line, then the woven cable that encircles it... and of course the rubberized outer sheath.

The recent HP power adapters with the pin instead of the yellow hole are failing at an incredible rate. HP charges $75 for them, and the Chinese ones take as long as 21 days to arrive... we need some cable for temporary quick fixes, and most cable is bulky and dangerous or damaging.

A:Source of Cable for Laptop Power Adapters

Just buy a universal power adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/source-of-cable-for-laptop-power-adapters.121934/
Relevancy 27.95%

Did I somehow stump the experts on techspot I ve seen so many intelligent informed and thoughtful responses to other posts requesting similar information but no answers card in video 250 upgrade watt (2002) Dimension PSU AGP 4500 with Need Dell to yet to my question below for an AGP card that ll work well for Watt PSU C mon guys please help me out - - I m a desparate Need to upgrade AGP video card in Dell Dimension 4500 (2002) with 250 watt PSU Dad trying to make his kid happy for the holidays Buying a new machine or new PSU not an option what do you think will work well with my existing setup as described in my original post My year old son is getting into gaming and wants Need to upgrade AGP video card in Dell Dimension 4500 (2002) with 250 watt PSU the game Spore for the holidays When I ran a diagnostic from their website on my ancient but reliable Dell Dimension purchased in it advised that my video card would not meet the game Need to upgrade AGP video card in Dell Dimension 4500 (2002) with 250 watt PSU s minimum requirements I ve spent two frustrating weeks trying to find an AGP card that will work with the machine The biggest problem area seems to be the power supply Here are the details on the machine including from CPU-Z thanks for the site cfitzarl Budget for new AGP Card - - up to but preferably less of course CPU Pentium GHz core thread socket mPGA Core speed MHz Multiplier x Bus speed x MHz Rated Bus speed MHz Stock frequency MHz Instruction sets MMX SSE SSE L Data cache per processor KBytes -way set associative -byte line size Trace cache per processor Kuops -way set associative L cache per processor KBytes -way set associative -byte line size System RAM MB DDR Windows XP Home Edition with service pack Power Supply Almost impossible to read the label Thanks Dell Here is everything that I could makeout on it Model number HP-P F C quot Max Output Power watt quot The rest of the label includes the following information - - hope this makes sense to you quot AC Input - V A - v illegible may by a A or A DC Output V A V A V A - V A Vfp A V and V shall not exceed W Max Output Power Watt quot Motherboard Intel Model D SEPT Graphic interface AGP version transfer rate x Current video card NVIDIA GeForce MX MB I m in the USA Spore s site says the game requires a minimum mb video card with support for pixel shader However I d like something that is at least mb and preferably pixel shader or higher and ideally a card that a non-techie like myself can install without driver problems etc HOWEVER at this point with the holidays bearing down on us and too many frustrating calls with Dell I m not going to be too choosey The real issue seems to be finding an AGP card that will work with the Watt Power supply Your suggestions for a compatible and good AGP card are ver appreciated Also does the card have to be DDR for my setup Or can it be DDR the service tech from Dell said must be DDR but he said a lot of things to me that were not correct so I do not know whether he was right on the DDR vs DDR issue will be most welcome And finally if I am upgrading the video card is it necessary or recommended that I also replace the P GHZ chip with a faster processor nbsp

A:Need to upgrade AGP video card in Dell Dimension 4500 (2002) with 250 watt PSU

JIS said:

(2) Also, does the card have to be DDR2 for my setup? Or can it be DDR3 (the service tech from Dell said must be DDR2 but he said a lot of things to me that were not correct so I do not know whether he was right on the DDR2 vs DDR3 issue.) will be most welcome.
(3) And finally, if I am upgrading the video card, is it necessary or recommended that I also replace the P4 2.4GHZ chip with a faster processor?Click to expand...

I am at work, so I won't answer everything you asked right now (no time to look for a card, sorry), but here are the answers to questions 2 and 3:

(2) The memory of the video card has nothing to do with the system itself, you can install a GDDR3 video card in a system which runs SDRAM for the system memory, since it simply doesn't matter. Simple examples would be my rig running a GDDR5 card (The HD4870X2) and using DDR2 for the system memory, my laptop running DDR2 system memory but a discrete 8600M GT GPU with 256MB of DDR3 and my friend's Celeron Dual Core (E1200) which is running DDR2 for system memory and a GDDR4 video card (Powercolor HD2600XT 256MB GDDR4). In other words, any video card that will run on your AGP slot, regardless of its own memory type, will work.

(3) I have absolutely no idea about the minimum requirements for Spore, but a 2.4Ghz P4 is a weak processor by today's standards. The problem is that there aren't many upgrade options even if you wanted to upgrade. The fastest Socket 478 Pentium 4s are clocked at 3.4Ghz, but these are usually expensive. You can find 3Ghz Pentium 4s for Socket 478 for around 30-50$ on ebay, but I am not certain the 25% clock-speed advantage is worth that money. In either case, if you decide to purchase a new CPU for that computer, make sure your have adequate cooling and that your motherboard supports the particular CPU you plan on picking up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-upgrade-agp-video-card-in-dell-dimension-4500-2002-with-250-watt-psu.117663/
Relevancy 24.94%

Well I don t know how to explain this and the best way to show you what I mean would be pictures I have programs monitoring my CPU and other important hardware Basically when I m not running any CPU intensive games apps then my Multiplier drops from x to x cutting my CPU speed by making it GHz Some other things I ve noticed my DRAM freq have changes Multiplier /w application CPU dropped by half they are supposed to be set at MHz which is non OC They are currently at I ve also seen my quot Current quot CPU speed drop CPU Multiplier changes /w application to CPU Multiplier changes /w application about depending on what I m doing It does it so rarely and if I try to get one of my programs running to monitor it it goes back to or GHz Now I could be wrong on some of my thoughts but you look at the dump file and my screen shots and tell me what you think Is the changing speed normal nbsp

A:CPU Multiplier changes /w application

king21092 said:

Well, I don't know how to explain this and the best way to show you what I mean would be pictures. I have 2 programs monitoring my CPU and other important hardware.
Basically, when I'm not running any CPU intensive games/apps then my Multiplier drops from x9 to x6, cutting my CPU speed by 1/3, making it 2GHz.

Some other things I've noticed, my DRAM freq have dropped by half, they are supposed to be set at 800MHz, which is non OC. They are currently at 400.

I've also seen my "Current" CPU speed drop to about 1150 depending on what I'm doing. It does it so rarely and if I try to get one of my programs running to monitor it, it goes back to 2.0 or 3.0 GHz.

Now I could be wrong on some of my thoughts, but you look at the dump file and my screen shots and tell me what you think.

Is the changing speed normal?Click to expand...

Everything is normal. Modern day Intel CPUs lower their multiplier when they are not taxed. They also lower the core voltage along with it to save energy. They rev up to their regular speeds when they are loaded. Your DDR2 speed is correct. Your DDR2 runs at 400Mhz, but transfers twice the data per clock as a DDR1 400Mhz chip, this making it the equivalent of a 800Mhz chip.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-multiplier-changes-w-application.118574/
Relevancy 30.53%

Anyone know a good source for finding pins, crimp tools, etc. for these sorts of wires? I am assuming that most USB, Firewire, and other MB connector blocks are using this standard. I need to make some custom harnesses. Thanks for any help.

A:Good Source for .100 and .093 pins/jumpers?

Try here:
http://www.mouser.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-source-for-100-and-093-pins-jumpers.112007/
Relevancy 24.51%

Ok I just got a zune and it works great. Now with the zune I got the leather case with gave me 5 free songs, with is around 800 MS points.... problem is when I go to redeem these points I get this....

Image Link

Anyone know how to fix this?

Relevancy 82.13%

Hi All;

From time to time on my XP Home SP2 machine I get a "TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts." warning.

I've read the MS Help and Support info, do not have a virus or malware as was suggested in the article and I tried the cmd line: netstat -no proceedure to no avail.

It's not the end of the world and my dsl has no other issues.

I can live with it, but wonder you know of a work-around.

Certainly appreciate any help.

A:Tcpip Warning in Event Viewer/System

Concurrent Session usually are found in your browser or a Torrent client application.
Limits on them are imposed to ensure your system does not drown and lockup due
to excessive connections from ONE application.

Reaching the limit is non-fatal; ie the programs should continue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tcpip-warning-in-event-viewer-system.106349/
Relevancy 53.32%

My problem started when I upgraded my computer to an Intel C2D, 2GB Corsair DDR2 Memory, Windows XP Pro, two Liteon LH-20A1S SATA DVDRW's, EVGA nForce680i video and Viewsonic flat screen all running on a EVGA NF680i S775 Mother Board.

Sometimes the machine freezes, sometimes not. The error message is: Source: atapi, Type Error Event ID 9, Description: "The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort7, did not respond within the timeout period". (At times I get Event 15 error)

I suspect it has something to do with the two Liteon DVDRW's I have.

Would anyone know if this is a known problem? I have the latest video drivers.

Thanks,

Alex

A:Atapi Error Event ID 9 freezes computer

do you have a good driver? Did you update the drivers recently? If so roll back to the previous working driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atapi-error-event-id-9-freezes-computer.89407/
Relevancy 30.96%

Ok looking at my rig i should have a good FPS in source based games (the older ones HL2, CSS etc etc)

CPU: Intel celeron 2.60Ghz Overclocked to 2.9ghz
Ram: 1GB DDR
GPU: Nividia GeForce 6600 LE 256MB
Anything else you need just ask

But whenever i play i get a FPS of 15 max and ive tried re-installing HL2 to various config files to lowering the dxlevel and nothing ever seems to work so help please

A:Bad FPS in source games

I think i posted this in the wrong bored

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-fps-in-source-games.104473/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi I have a quadro fx and i m trying to model a building for my final prject of this year I am using Autocad architecture and its inbuilt D software the porblem I am facing is that when multiple D solids are on screen at once I get clipping and segmented edges in the model space whilst modeling using the shaders once the scene is rendered the objects are fine Open 3D issues 3D application GL graphics Direct but the main issue is that the 3D application graphics issues Open GL Direct 3D incomplete solids make detailed modeling near impossible I was wondering if anyone had experienced the same issue with D applications Could these problems be down to the type of quot graphic processing quot i use i e Open GL or Direct D whats the difference between to two anyway Q Quadcore GB RAM Vista bit nvidia Quadro fx DDR This really has come at a bad time as my final hand in is only a few weeks away and this is a huge problem Cheers nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3d-application-graphics-issues-open-gl-direct-3d.103456/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey question on application STG1 the Zalman GPU All I m about to install a heatsink on a GPU for the first time never actually done it with the CPU either and i have a question I ll be installing a TT DuOrb on my GTS and i ll be using the Zalman STG Zalman STG1 application on the GPU question thermal compund due to ease with which it can be applied I already took the card apart cleaned the GPU itself as well as the RAM chips using Arctic Clean amp installed the RAM and VRM sinks and now want to install the Orb itself Now i d like to know if i need to apply the STG grease to both the GPU and heatsink or only to the GPU From what i ve read on the web only the GPU needs the grease however according to Zalman it needs to be applied to both http www zalman co kr ENG product Product Read asp idx Can someone clear this up for me Anyone here used STG on a GPU nbsp

A:Zalman STG1 application on the GPU question

For a CPU/GPU putting the recommended amount on the centre of the CPU/GPU will ensure that it is spread out evenly and is in the correct place, if you were to apply it to the heat sink first you could end up missing the centre of the CPU/GPU and just end up with thermal paste/grease everywhere. For this I would go for the instructions, just use half of what you would normally use for each GPU and heat sink. It really doesn't matter to much about what you put the grease on, so long as there isn't to much of it and its not leaking over the sides and that it isn't off centre and only spreading the heat from like the corner of the GPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/zalman-stg1-application-on-the-gpu-question.103309/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello, I have a one-two year old Compaq Presario and it has stopped receiving power a couple of months ago. The battery currently doesn't work. I took it in to Micro Center, and they saudered the power port. That fixed the problem temporarily, but, two months later it stopped recieving power. I would really like to get some stuff off the hardrive, but to do that I would have to give power to the laptop. So my question to everyone is, is there any alternate way I can give the laptop power? One more thing, the power cord works perfectly.

A:Compaq laptop wont power, I need an alternate power source

Same problem here

I am having the same problem with my Presario Laptop x1015.

I sent it in for repair once, but it is happening again and I can't find my receipt so they won't honor the warentee. Bought it last Feb. Funny thing is that Compaq told me that this is
not a common problem and tried to blame me!!!!

If you know of an alternate source please reply or email [email protected]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-laptop-wont-power-i-need-an-alternate-power-source.18279/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi I Just bought css and a new laptop. The game is studdering and spitting even with low graphics... what the hell is going on? Can anyone give me some advice??

A:Help with counter strike source glitching..

I think the next step would be...umm... detail specs of your laptop? Unless you want to ship it to me. I'll have a look at it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-counter-strike-source-glitching.99176/
Relevancy 53.32%

My desktop is a Dell Dimension c and lately I couldn t start Dimesion 4600c Event Thermal Dell it The orange light on the power button is blinking and nothing happens when I press it And at times when it would power on I get a previous shutdown due to thermal event message until recently it wouldn t start anymore Most of the times it wouldn t start is probably because of the air conditioner The air blows directly to Dell Dimesion 4600c Thermal Event the computer and it gets real cold So last time when it won t start I had to use a hairdryer to heat it up or put it out in the sun But that doesn t seem to work anymore So my question is is something wrong with the fan or the power supply P s I don t know if this is the place to post this I really don t take care of my computer so let s forget about that Your suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated my location is Malaysia and the average room temperature is degrees celcius nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-dimesion-4600c-thermal-event.98806/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi , i am running a windows server 2k3 with sp2 and server is getting rebooted with event id 1001 :The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0x80000003, 0xe0872e04, 0xf187f9c4, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini020808-03.dmp.

and also i am getting event id 1003 : Error code 1000008e, parameter1 80000003, parameter2 e0872e04, parameter3 f1aff9c4, parameter4 00000000.

in the logs may this also be related to same issue.
Could anyone help me figuring out the cause of this. whether it is due to any driver or hardware failure. I am also attaching a dump files along with the thread.
Pls help me with the resolution asap. thanks

A:Event ID 1001: server rebooting from bugcheck

Pls reply asap i need help urgently thanks

I need to get it resolve very soon . pls help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-id-1001-server-rebooting-from-bugcheck.98680/
Relevancy 24.51%

What is the proper way to apply cpu paste? I got some arctic silver 5 for my new 3200+ coming, and my brother told me to put a little spot on the middle of the heat sink, and when it is tightened down on the cpu, it spreads out over the cpu.

A:Proper cpu paste application

Your information is correct. Apply a small amount on the middle of your CPU's heatspreader, around the size of an uncooked grain of rice. When the HSF is securely fastened upon the processor, the pressure of the heatsink will spread the paste evenly across the entire contacting surface.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/proper-cpu-paste-application.96167/
Relevancy 30.53%

Anybody know a good video card I can run source well with thats pci and around 75 dollars?

A:Good video card for cs source?

the only good PCI cards are from the geforce 6 series. the 6200 is pci, but i don't know how "well" it will run CS:S. the good news is, it's pretty much the best PCI card out there, and i know it runs COD4 and unreal tournament fairly well. and it's only 50 bucks.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130289

if i were you i'd pick one up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-video-card-for-cs-source.95196/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi can anyone of you help....

Recently when i start my computer it will automatically reboot and under computer management i see the error....

It will usually reboot twice and perform well after tt..it's very irritating

Error code 1000000a, parameter1 7c6b142c, parameter2 0000001c, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 80544bea.

A:Error, Event ID: 1003, Category: (102)

Computer hardware specs please!
How can we help you if we don't know what you have? Think about it!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-event-id-1003-category-102.92296/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hey, recently me and my friends have been thinking about building a CSS server, and we were just wondering what you guys thought would be the best hardware setup in general, such as how much RAM, what speed for the components, dual core vs. quad, intel vs. AMD, what mobo, etc. Also, do i need to get specific server components, such as server memory, a server power supply, or a server motherboard? And last, do I want 2 physical cores, or just a dual core processor? Thanks!
p.s. Also, anyone know how to make a CSS server cracked?

A:Counter Stike Source Server

I personally would get about 4k DDR 2 Ram and nforce SLI LT mobo since i is designed for SLI but it is still very effective for servers .. so ive read. and get Core Duo QUAD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/counter-stike-source-server.91744/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi peeps i was playing on half life 2 deathmatch and got an application error the error was:

( application error the instruction at 0X01156ed2 referenced memory at 0x0000001 the memory could not be read click ok to terminate the program or CANCEL to debug)

My system specs are:

Gigabyte GZ-X2 black case
EZCool 700watt infinity(ready for my new 2900 Pro)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.66 Ghz 1Mb L2
Asrock 939 duel sata 2 motherboard
Sapphire X1650 XT 256Mb
Creative Xfi soundblaster xtremegamer
2Gb DDR PC3200 400MHZ CORSAIR
Maxtor seagate 160GB sata-2
Asaka cooler (not very good getting a ASUS Silent Knight Cooler)
LOGITECH X-540 5.1 SPEAKERS 140W + 70W
19inch TFT 8MS

Can someone help me out thanks

A:Application error

Reinstall the program\Update the program\Update video card drivers

See Techspot game troubleshooter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/application-error.90046/
Relevancy 24.94%

my computer shows application error if i open an application .i can't open any application.what is the reason?urgent please help.

A:application error

hmm..
u need to tell us what's the application and more info of the error.
screenshot will be much helping.
btw, provide us with your system specs too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/application-error.87614/
Relevancy 21.07%

So I have a game called Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix. Its a single core game, but at current it is running using both cores. I'm asuming making it run off one core will warrant a significant performance increase, but I am clueless as to what to do.

My CPU is a e6300

Any replies appreciated

Korrupt

A:Running a single core application on a dual core cpu?

No it is the same performance, plus it dosnt overstress one core

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-a-single-core-application-on-a-dual-core-cpu.63907/
Relevancy 53.32%

My thoughts regarding Barcelona AMD Launch Event TechSpot news: the recent AMD Barcelona launch Feel free to flame me if you wish just as long as you do it nicely As Intel seems to get all of the good press regarding both desktop and server CPUs these days AMD threw an official Barcelona shindig last night in San Francisco Calif The event which took place at two buildings in the San Francisco Presidio District focused on Barcelona AMD s first quad-core server processor Although I was unable to attend the event due to prior personal TechSpot news: AMD Barcelona Launch Event engagements several friends and colleagues who made it to the Letterman Digital Arts Center told me that it was an absolute blast Along with it being a rather interesting event the official unveiling of Barcelona most likely helped give AMD a nice morale boost the company desperately needs Even though early benchmarks indicate the numbers are a bit unimpressive a GHz version is definitely in the works Numerous hardware vendor executives were present to discuss the great things AMD is doing while carefully avoiding any direct pokes at Intel Sun Microsystems showed a U -core AMD Barcelona server - the company last week unveiled a -core Intel Tigerton version Pricing of the products Ars Technica has the scoop During an event at the Westin S F hotel earlier in the day AMD officials were on-hand to discuss some of the company s plans for the future AMD CEO Hector Ruiz unexpectedly stopped by to visit with everyone in the room - much to the delight of the handful of selected bloggers present He took the time to answer a couple of questions from the bloggers journalist present though it appeared everyone in the room was hesitant to ask him the hard questions Speaking about AMD marketing or lack there of Ruiz admitted that AMD has a bit of work to do in that department - especially compared to Intel No one thinking logically expects AMD to suddenly take back major ground on Intel but the unveiling of Barcelona is a step in the right direction Considering I own both AMD and Intel processors I just want the companies to compete fairly with one another Here are some assorted links for your enjoyment Quad-core is here and now Barcelona vs Intel Clovertown and Tigerton AnandTech hardware preview TG Daily linkage The potential of Barcelona Thoughts Cheers Michael Hatamoto nbsp

A:TechSpot news: AMD Barcelona Launch Event

Here are a couple more links:

Making progress
Nothing like something from The Inq!
Not a savior?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/techspot-news-amd-barcelona-launch-event.86716/
Relevancy 53.32%

I installed the XVid Play Won't Wav and Event System Sounds Files player for Windows XP Home the other day and it hung during installation so I had to restart my computer All of a sudden I don t have any more system sounds and I can t play wav or midi files I tried doing a system restore but of System Event Sounds and Wav Files Won't Play course none of my restore points allow me to roll my computer back to that date Then I tried troubleshooting it through Windows Support no go I removed and reinstalled my sound card and drivers Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live and installed all the codecs I could find still System Event Sounds and Wav Files Won't Play no dice Here s the kicker I can play MP s through WinAmp and video with sound through Windows Media Player but I can t play wav files or midi files Whenever I go into Sounds and Audio Devices and highlight an event sound the play button remains dimmed If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this issue short of formatting my HD and reinstalling Windows I would be very appreciative Losing patience quickly -Eric nbsp

A:System Event Sounds and Wav Files Won't Play

In the sounds and audio control panel is your sound card registered as the preferred device for playback ? What is listed in the MIDI box ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-event-sounds-and-wav-files-wont-play.42351/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello!

Today I looked through the Event Manager Utility of Windows XP and I've seen this error there, about 15 times.

The device, \Device\Harddisk2\D, has a bad block.

Event 7.

Does this mean that I have a bad on my HDD or could it be some error, like windows can't read a corrupted file?
Thank you!

A:The device, \Device\Harddisk2\D, has a bad block. - Event 7 in Event Manger.

Backing it up and reformatting it may help. Before that, error check it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-device-device-harddisk2-d-has-a-bad-block-event-7-in-event-manger.86166/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi guys, i really need some help with my new laptop,

Its a core duo 2.0 ghz, 2gb ,224MB Shared Intel GMA 950

Like i think thats enough, its brand spankin new i got it two days ago and i cant run counterstrike source, my FPS is at 10 and it doesnt make sense, my ping is super low around 20-30, and it doesnt help anything when i change the resolution. I've tried the widescreen with high res, high detail, or low detail, i've tried everything. But i dunno where to go now, if you guys could help me that would be great. I was reading something on another post about restarting your cmos or soemthing like that, but i have no clue what that is. Im not bad with computers, just not great. Thanks guys

all the help will be greatly appreciated

A:Having trouble with brand new laptop and FPS on CS SOURCE

Intel GMA 950 integrated video is terrible. That would be the problem no matter what.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-with-brand-new-laptop-and-fps-on-cs-source.84938/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi There,

When I restart my computer I got the warning:

The instructions at "0x7c918fea" referenced memory at "0x00000010". The memory could not be written.

I went for search in my computer and following files were found:

SVCHOST.EXE - 1E57829D -----------> C:\Windows\Prefetch
svchost -----------------------------> C:\Windows\system32

I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea on how to solve the pop-up warning?

Thank you for your time and attention in this matter.

Rgds,
Fernando

A:S V C H O S T . E X E - Application Error

One of these will work -

1.Turn off Automatic Updates,just update manually in future.

2.If you have recently installed a new network service like ip6,uninstall it.

More HERE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/s-v-c-h-o-s-t-e-x-e-application-error.84433/
Relevancy 54.61%

Ever since I installed a Linksys BEFSX41 router/firewall unit, I've notice an error in the System Event Viewer with this information:

The IP address lease 192.168.2.100 for the Network Card with network address 00184DE9390C has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.2.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

What needs to be done to get rid of this error? Thanks

A:Error in System Event

Did you assign the address using Static IP for 192.168.2.200?

What range did you set in the router for IP address? Make sure your using

DHCP
All NIC is set to auto for speed
All NIC is set to auto to obtain the IP (DHCP) from the Router.

Now in the ROUTER are you using any sort of IP filtering:

by IP address
or by MAC address?
Are there any restrictions for this PC in the router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-in-system-event.83659/
Relevancy 30.53%

hi my comp is running at 130 deg. F. the fan to my power source needs to be manually started and 1 of my intake fans is not starting properly. i need some help plzz. here is a summary of my specs. any help would be most appreciated.

A:power source fried

So you have to push the Power Supply fan blades to get the fan to start? If this is the case, you will need to replace the whole power supply. The intake fan is easy to replace. A computer repair shop can do this for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-source-fried.78946/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi!

I'm getting the following error sometimes when attempting to TO CLOSE ANY WEB PAGE

Error Message Looks like :
"Referenced memory at "OX62304390". The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program. Click Cancel to debug the program."

I am running win xp. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Regards
Varsha

A:Application Error Ox62304390

Check your Memory Sticks , one bad stick may be causing this or swap their places with one another and see.
System Restore to an Earlier date to this may help or start with system
Repair console with your CD Disk and perform Repair/Reinstall but back up
your data first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/application-error-ox62304390.65681/
Relevancy 30.1%

Dears I have been using Dazzle DVC II PCI card with Moviestar for the last two and a half years and it has been working quite well But recently when I attempted to capture video from my VCR Moviestar gave me the error message quot no video source detected quot However I could hear the audio well I checked all settings and they were all correct the settings in Moviestar were correct the break-out unit and the audio-video cables were all connected firmly Then I tested the VCR connecting it to a TV and it also was working fine So I ran the Moviestar Setup Wizard It gave the following error message quot The Setup Wizard was unable to detect your Dazzle Moviestar hardware for the following reason Property VideoFormat is out of range quot I followed the guidelines in the Setup Wizard but it was of no use Then I tried the following as different solution methods Uninstalled Moviestar and reinstalled it Uninstalled Dazzle DVC II PCI card and reinstalled it Tried placing the card into another PCI slot But each of these failed to solve the problem Details about my system are as follows Operating System Windows XP Professional with Service Pack Processor Due Core Mother Board Intel D RY Memory GB DDR Please help the solution for my problem Yours truly DVC no (Dazzle PCI detected video card source II ) Chandrasekaran G nbsp

A:no video source detected (Dazzle DVC II PCI card )

We have seen a lot of mysterious early failures with Dazzle equipment that utilized USB connections. That equipment is at the bottom of the price range, so it might be time to get the latest top brand as a replacement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-source-detected-dazzle-dvc-ii-pci-card.75519/
Relevancy 30.53%

whilst playing counterstrike source my screen will sometimes go completely black then kinda fade back on to the correct screen, and all my weapons will be as if i just picked them up (appear on the right hand side), but today it was doing this and jumping backwards? :S could any body suggest a problem or a soloution? thanks .topps.

A:counterstrike source reloading...

Maybe an overheating CPU/GPU, drivers problem, possibly network lag (only if you're playing over the Internet), or a weak PSU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/counterstrike-source-reloading.74468/
Relevancy 30.53%

I set up a Server for a production team that I work for online that deals with GUIs, Skins, Maps, etc with CS:S. I installed Mani Admin Plugin, left the server un-secure (long story), and then tested it. I logged in and experienced something that I wish I didn't. The lag was extreme, and I was scoring as high as 130 ping on my own server. I am on a router, although I wouldn't think that it would do that much to the server. Whenever I walk around, I get detained back constantly, and I can't run a server like this. Any help would be very appreciated. The server ip is 192.168.0.105:27015 .

*PS*
My friend, who just so happens to be a member of the team reported that he couldn't log on, that it would say "Server Not Responding", along with any server that I would creat in-game (they also have mani setup).

A:Extreme Lag in Source Dedicated Server

Someone here knows, right?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extreme-lag-in-source-dedicated-server.70009/
Relevancy 29.24%

Is the XFX GeForce GS MB GDDR SLI PCI Express Dual DVI HDTV Video Card good enough to run counter strike source for my computer or should i get a better one So far this is what I have for my computer AMD Athlon X GHz Dual Core Processor with x KB L cache x KB L cache and MHz Hypertransport Bus NForce chipset with AM socket Integrated NVIDIA GeForce GPU Integrated HDA Azalia AC Audio Audio PureVideo strike Nvdia Is GS run Geforce source.... 7600 good to counter NVIDIA MediaShield RAID support requires second hard drive GB DDR at MHz DIMMs GB EIDE Hard Drive RPM x CD-RW DVD reads and burns CD and reads DVDs Integrated Ethernet I was wondering if i get the geforce GS will it meet the requirments for my computer Is Nvdia Geforce 7600 GS good to run counter strike source.... to install it and work well Does the geforce have high quality for counter strike source and other high def games I need a graphics card to play CSS cause my geforce is really bad n it lags my Is Nvdia Geforce 7600 GS good to run counter strike source.... computer Do any of you have any suggestions on what I should do or what graphic card I should get to make my computer not lag when i play CSS or Half Life Is the processor that I have right now good enough to run CSS and other games with high def quality graphics and can my computer install the video card Please Help nbsp

A:Is Nvdia Geforce 7600 GS good to run counter strike source....

ooh yeah. i reckon thats very good. compared to mine anyway. why dont you consider the 7600GT instead, it a very good card and doesnt cost that much expensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-nvdia-geforce-7600-gs-good-to-run-counter-strike-source.69702/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am trying to play this computer game but when I click on play, it brings up this message saying (Could Not Reset Direct 3D Device, this application will now close) I tried downloading DirectX again but it didnt work...I need help.

Edit: Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

A:Could Not Reset Direct 3D Device, this application will now close.

One minute before your first begging post amaizing....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-reset-direct-3d-device-this-application-will-now-close.69104/
Relevancy 30.53%

who actually uses the creative media source to play their media files?? if anyone does use it is it better in terms of cpu n ram usage... coz i was thinking of using it instead of windows media player if i wanna forward a song while playing games..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creative-media-source-use.68400/
Relevancy 82.99%

i was wondering if someone could help me figure out this error i must have at least on a new install of XP home Event Type Error Event Source DCOM Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User NT AUTHORITY LOCAL SERVICE Computer STEVE Description The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID BC CF - - F -B B- AA CF EBB to the user NT AUTHORITY LOCAL SERVICE SID S- - - This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Click to expand the link takes me to this page Details Product Windows Operating System Event ID Source DCOM Version Symbolic Name EVENT viewer event error DCOM COM ACCESS DENIED IN SERVER ACTIVATION OR LAUNCH PERMISSION Message The permission settings do not grant permission for the COM Server application with CLSID to the user SID This security permission can event viewer error DCOM be modified using the Component Services administrative tool machine-default application-specific local remote launch activation Explanation A program the Clsid displayed in the message tried to start the DCOM server by using the DCOM infrastructure Based on the security ID SID this user does not have the necessary permissions to start the DCOM server User Action Verify that the user has the appropriate permissions to start the DCOM server To assign permissions Using Regedit navigate to the following registry value HKCR Clsid clsid value localserver The clsid value is the information displayed in the message In the right pane double-click Default The Edit String dialog box is displayed Leave this dialog box open Click Start and then click Control Panel Double-click Administrative Tools and then double-click Component Services In the event viewer error DCOM Component Services event viewer error DCOM snap-in expand Computers expand My Computer and double-click DCOM Config In the right pane locate the program by using its friendly name Right-click the program name and then select Properties On the Security tab in the Launch and Activation Permissions group box select Customize and then click Edit Add the user to the permissions list and give the user the appropriate permissions Click to expand I have tried searching the registry for quot HKCR Clsid clsid value localserver quot but i can not find anything I am lost with this and not sure what to do now nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-viewer-error-dcom.66552/
Relevancy 24.08%

when i opened up my windows media a pop up comes up saying " internal application error" and i really don't know what to do.HELP!!!!

A:windows media:internal application error

Does it always happen or only when you try to run a video clip????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-media-internal-application-error.64088/
Relevancy 24.51%

Sometimes when I go ofline I get this message in a box....

The instruction at "ox62304390" referenced memory at "ox62304390". The memory could not be "read".
Click on the OK to terminate the program.

What gives with this?

A:IEXPLORE.EXE Application error ????????

craigdexter1 said:

Sometimes when I go ofline I get this message in a box....

The instruction at "ox62304390" referenced memory at "ox62304390". The memory could not be "read".
Click on the OK to terminate the program.

What gives with this?Click to expand...

HI

Check this thread here.

Might help

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/iexplore-exe-application-error.64187/
Relevancy 53.75%

Been having a few problems for a while with my setup.
The raid controller reports new event and when you look at this event it says something like BETI error or processing resets found. I have changed controller card twice, a new pair of disks Maxtor diamond 10 250 GB and the controller is a SI 3132. This pc has always crashed and fallen about when least expecting. Any body experienced BETI and what does it mean?

A:Raid controller event message

The error is shown in the event log which is accessable from the SATARAID5 array manager. Many types of errors appear but i have attached the the first event log tonight.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-controller-event-message.61499/
Relevancy 24.94%

Weird problem

I can't open up any application, when I log into my PC. Every time I click on any icon on my desktop, the hour glass appears for a couple of seconds, and then disappears, without the program ever opening up (and no, it's not a problem with the shortcut itself).

Sometimes, the only resolution is to restart the PC, and everything seems fine, but then the problem comes back up again.

Any ideas as to why this might be happening would be highly appreciated.

A:Cannot open any application

Have you virus and spware scanned recently? If so, with what software?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-open-any-application.57718/
Relevancy 30.53%

I would really like to know where I can buy new silent cooling fans to replace the lawn mower fans I have running in my system. Some one here asking for help said, "I cant concentrate..." I can relate.

Brandon

A:Source for silent fans

hi schmirk,

you can pretty much buy quiet cooling fans anywhere case fans are sold. try to find ones around 20db or less. endpcnoise.com has a good selection.

you could also consider adding a fan controller to use with your existing fans to quiet them down (or use with quiet fans to make them almost silent ). i have this one and it works quite well.

running the fans slower will reduce the overall airflow, but that's not usually a big deal. personally i'll take the reduced airflow (and slightly increased temps) in exchange for the silence

cheers :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/source-for-silent-fans.57284/
Relevancy 21.07%

First error When i start up windows my Wireless PCI card sais the adress at some numbers was referenced by some more numbers The applicaton could not be read Click OK to terminate That error doesnt (Cannot Question About Error "Read") Application affect me at all my internet still works and everything but i get it every time i turn on my computer and every time its a different set of numbers in those spots Second errors When i play Silkroad Online sometimes i ll get an error when it loads same application error when i click ok it just lets me continue and doesnt terminate the program Once i exit the program it ll start closing but before i can close it i have to click ok on errors of the same type I m sorry i m not very informative on this if you request i could post some Screenshots of them P S I recently found out i get them on FireFox exiting and i get them on rundll when exiting Silkroad Online I also get them on another program associated with SilkRoad nbsp

A:Question About Application Error (Cannot "Read")

So can anyone help with this issue xD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-application-error-cannot-read.56852/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi could some one help me please i have just got a Dell Optiplex GX PC i Intel(R) Express Counter Source My Re: 82915G/GV/910GL Strike Family Chipset and have installed Counter Strike Source but when i get on to the game and start playin it laggs really bad and is Re: Counter Strike Source and My Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family very slow The spec of my PC is bellow ------------------------------------------------------- OS Information PropertyValue OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional C WINDOWS Device Harddisk Partition Service Pack OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation Windows Directory C WINDOWS Processor PropertyValue Current Clock Speed Description x Family Model Stepping Manufacturer GenuineIntel Name Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Current Clock Speed Description x Family Model Stepping Manufacturer GenuineIntel Name Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Memory RAM PropertyValue Bank Label Capacity Bank Label Capacity Total Memory Deteced in Hardware MB Memory Reported to Operating System MB Disk Drives PropertyValue Description Disk drive Manufacturer Standard disk drives Model ST AS Media Type Fixed hard disk media Size GB Number of Partitions Installed Printers PropertyValue Name hp deskjet c series Port Name LPT Default True Driver Name hp deskjet c series Motherboard PropertyValue Manufacturer Dell Inc Model Name Base Board Part Number Product H Serial Re: Counter Strike Source and My Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family Number CN T Version BIOS PropertyValue Manufacturer Dell Inc Name Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version A Release Date Version DELL - Monitor PropertyValue Description Plug and Play Monitor Name Plug and Play Monitor Screen Height Screen Width Description Plug and Play Monitor Name Plug and Play Monitor Screen Height Screen Width Keyboard PropertyValue Description USB Human Interface Device Pointing Device PropertyValue Manufacturer Microsoft Name Microsoft USB IntelliMouse Optical Sound Card PropertyValue Manufacturer Analog Devices Inc Description SoundMAX Re: Counter Strike Source and My Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family Integrated Digital Audio Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV E amp SUBSYS amp REV amp E DD amp amp F Video Card PropertyValue Adapter Compatibility Intel Corporation Adapter RAM Description Intel R G GV GL Express Chipset Family Installed Display Drivers ialmrnt dll Driver Version Driver Date Video Mode Description x x colors Adapter Compatibility Intel Corporation Adapter RAM Description Intel R G GV GL Express Chipset Family Installed Display Drivers ialmrnt dll Driver Version Driver Date Video Mode Description DirectX Installation PropertyValue Version Modem PropertyValue Network Adapters PropertyValue Description SMC EZ Connect USB Ethernet Series Converter - Packet Scheduler Miniport Description RAS Async Adapter Description Packet Scheduler Miniport Description WAN Miniport L TP Description WAN Miniport PPTP Description WAN Miniport PPPOE Description Direct Parallel Description WAN Miniport IP Description Packet Scheduler Miniport External Ports PropertyValue External Reference Designator External Reference Designator External Reference Designator External Reference Designator External Reference Designator External Reference Designator External Reference Designator External Reference Designator External Reference Designator External Reference Designator External Reference Designator External Reference Designator External Reference Designator External Reference Designator External Reference Designator External Reference Designator External Reference Designator External Reference Designator Expansion Slots PropertyValue Slot Designation PCI Slot Designation PEG Could some one please help me nbsp

A:Re: Counter Strike Source and My Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

Well, that integrated video isnŽt good at all. YouŽll need a new graphics card to get better performance.

Tell us how much can you spend and weŽll help you to pick one!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/re-counter-strike-source-and-my-intel-r-82915g-gv-910gl-express-chipset-family.52442/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi,
I am unable to play music using my creative media source, also i get a msg from windows at startup, unable to loaded needed components, please reinstall the s/w for creative media source, the OS XP Pro, also it is a new comp, if anybody knows the resolution with a resolution, please tell me what to do.

A:Problem with Creative Media Source

if that's what it tells you then ... just do it.
1) Go into Control Panel: Add/Remove Software and uninstall Media Source
2) Reboot
3) Install Media SOurce again using CD or a downloaded installation file.
Good Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-creative-media-source.52290/
Relevancy 27.95%

I had it set as the default viewer for all picture and video files,
then installed Intervideo to use with my TV tuner card.

Now, all pictures & video stores on my computer have changed
to Intervideo files. I know I un-clicked all those types of files
from using Interv. as the default viewer when I installed the
Interv. app.

How do I re-set Win Media Player as the default viewer?
I've opened and looked thru it and can't locate how to
do that.

Thanks!

A:How to Reset Media Player as default picture & video viewer?

Click start/programmes/set programme access and defaults. Click on the custom button and under choose default media player, choose Windows media player. Click ok.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-reset-media-player-as-default-picture-video-viewer.50257/
Relevancy 21.5%

Ok first off sorry if this is the wrong board. The problem is that for some reason my windows media player just stopped working so I tried to reinstall it now when I try to do so after everything is done and I go to finish I get an internal application error, no matter what I do I can't fix it, I downloaded drivers and so on, but I just can't get it to work, Could someone please help me.

A:Windows Media player help-"an internal application error has occured"

download real player its better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-media-player-help-an-internal-application-error-has-occured.31670/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a plextor 504A DVD+R/RW drive and I just picked up Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 for my PC. When I tried to put a DVD+R disc in the drive to back up data files, I get the message that is the title of my post. I looked for Drag-To-Disc and was sure that it wasn't running in the background. The firmware for my drive is updated, and I have automatic updates set up for XP SP2 so there shouldn't be a optical drive driver issue. Anyone else have any other ideas? I did just install Acronis True Image, but this is the first time I"ve used Roxio too. I've scoured the web for an answer but can't find any. Suggestions would, as always, be greatly appreciated.

A:the device is reserved by another application?? Can't BURN!!

Turn off the WIndows builtin CD writing thing (disable the service). Have you used or do you have any other CD writing software? Try uninstalling True Image just in case too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-device-is-reserved-by-another-application-cant-burn.25357/
Relevancy 29.24%

Can anyone please advice;
Is there an ATX motherboard that can replace a socket 7 FIC PA-2002 motherboard and fit well in the same box.
Thanks
Steve

A:socket 7 FIC PA-2002 motherboard replacement

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Try HERE

G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-7-fic-pa-2002-motherboard-replacement.47193/
Relevancy 29.67%

hello everyone..just wondering if there is any software that allows you to view your password after you have saved the eeprom dump in hex then converts it so its readable..tell me to shut up if not possiblee...thanx..

A:password viewer

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Could you further discribe eeprom dump?

If standard password on your machine then this is what you are needing.
Post back if it isn't

Password Reveal

G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/password-viewer.47090/
Relevancy 23.65%

This seems 9800 Pro (Radeon nForce2 chipset during mobo) with 3D Rebooting application to be a common problem as I have read many other threads addressing the same issue I have tried all the suggestions from other posts but my problem persists I just built my new PC two weeks ago and everything seems to be running smoothly until I loaded the first game Far Cry The game installed without a glitch but soon after I start playing it the screen would black out for fraction of a second then turn blue for about ms and then the system reboots This happens Rebooting during 3D application (Radeon 9800 Pro with nForce2 chipset mobo) everytime I play Far Cry but Rebooting during 3D application (Radeon 9800 Pro with nForce2 chipset mobo) the rebooting occurs at different parts of the game but I never get too far It usually happens about to minutes into the game The rebooting also occurs with my D OpenGL screensaver Helios but never with any other program The browser FireFox never triggers the reboot and neither do Paint Shop Pro or any other D graphics program From what I ve read so far some people who had the problem found a resolution by updating the motherboard driver and the graphics card driver which I have done already Some people suspect it s a power issue but I have plenty of juice from my PSU Here is a complete spec list ASUS nForce A N X-E Deluxe motherboard Athlon XP Barton ATI Radeon Pro MB X AGP Antec PSU with W Kingston PC DDR MB x Seagate SATA HDD GB Windows XP Professional Edition with SP Resolution attempted so far All fans are working properly chassisx PSUx CPU graphics card CPU with thermal paste properly applied and without overclocking Motherboard drivers updated including nVidia nForce chipset driver for GART AGP card ATI Radeon driver updated to the latest I greatly appreciate any suggestions and ideas to try Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Rebooting during 3D application (Radeon 9800 Pro with nForce2 chipset mobo)

Did you plug a molex power connector in the 9800? I think there's a connector on the card.

Is the ATI driver official or overclocked one?

What's the cooling of the 9800?

Did you turn off fast-write and set the aperture to 128mb in BIOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rebooting-during-3d-application-radeon-9800-pro-with-nforce2-chipset-mobo.22675/
Relevancy 30.53%

i was planning on buying a video card or graphic card for my labtop hp pavilion ze 4900 to play cs source. could u tell me which card is best for my labtop and for playing cs source.heres some info a botu my labtop http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1722350,00.asp. plz email me [email protected] or aim me at hmk3x9. thank you

A:video card for cs source

You Can't

You cant upgrade a video card in a Laptop. You need to buy a new laptop. In order to upgrade the vid card, you need a desktop. . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-for-cs-source.40611/
Relevancy 30.96%

Just recently bought a new pc so i would be able to play new games with a lot more fps. So i bought a amd 64 athlon 3200+ 160 gig harddrive 1 gig ram and a 6600 GT Nvidia`. But in CS:S i cant get above 30 fps i dont have anything locked vsync is off fps_max is at 300 and no programs running in the backround and the quality is on medium, please help

A:CS:Source Need Help 6600 GT

there are two things i need to know......what are the quality settings for nvida panel.what brand of card....xfx or asus....yes it makes a difference. and very important, is the card agp or pci-e

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cs-source-need-help-6600-gt.41271/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi,

I'm hoping some one can help me out...

I have been trying to play Counter Strike Source as well as Day of Defeat Source but I am experiencing serious FPS issues. I get an average of
10-15 FPS which is unacceptable as I have a reletively decent system.
Specs: AMD 64 3500
1GB DDR2 400Mhz RAM
ATI Radeon X800 GTO card

Can someone please help?

I can play other games like Quake etc with high detail and get great FPS but it does seem that I'm struggling with everything using DirectX whereas Quake 3 uses OpenGL. Is there a known issue with the Source engine from Valve???

A:Counter Strike Source FPS problem

have you updated your drivers? motherboard and video? and also you may want to try these drivers http://www.omegadrivers.net they are tweaked drivers that help performance wise

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/counter-strike-source-fps-problem.36514/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a nvidia 5600 256mb ram. I can play Counter Strike 1.6 fine. I get around 80 FPS. When I play on A Counter Strike Source server I get around 17 fps. I updated my drivers to the 77.76, Anyone know how to fix?

PC specs
os Win xp
processor 2.4
ram 1.5

A:Nvidia card and Coutner Strike Source

Is that the 5600 mobile (laptop) card that you are talking about? If so where did you get the drivers? Sorry I can't answer your question. I would tell you to revert back to your old drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-card-and-coutner-strike-source.31274/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a custom built pc that my friend put together for me. This also has a sound card problem - The sound stops working after a sound has been played more than a couple of times, and the computer might freeze or restart after a while. I know this is the sound card/driver because the computer works fine when i disable the driver. I meant to use this computer for multimedia so i have an asus motherboard with an external echo event gina 20 sound card.
I have tried downloading an re-installing the driver but that doesnt work. I'm guessing something must be configured wrongly, or the driver isnt compatible for some reason.

A:Another sound card problem! echo event

Hi benz925,
i have exactly the same problem than you with a gina 20 and a Asus P5GD2 premium wireless edition Mobo ...;(
For me , that's not a drivers problem , i have install the Gina with the same drivers on another compute with the same XP pro sp2 and it works fine.
I think there are a conflict between mobo and the gina and really i don't know how to fix that.
The more simple is to put the mail i send to echo support ( without any response , not too cool) for explain my problem and all the things i have try to fix it and it will be cool to stay in touch if we find something.
What is the reference of your Mobo please ?
bye

My mail to Echo-support :
Hello Echo, and first sorry for my terrible english, i 'm from France.
I can't make work my gina 20 with my new config and i've try a lot of things and all your latest drivers 6.11, 6.08, 6.05, so perhaps you can help me.
the card still work fine on my olds computers, and also with a more recent config with XP pro sp2 installed by me identically to my compute ( brother's computer )with the 6.11 drivers.
On mine, install is fine with all the drivers versions for W2K/XP and it seems to have no problem on the device manager.
But i have no sound and chaotic problem with all software calling the asio wdm drivers :
no sound, or sometimes white noise
software that crash or not read any audio events
no output level in the console or sometimes all in the red

Softs work fine with the cheap sound card integrated with the mobo ( but cheap sound, lot of latency, not a gina

I've reinstall completely XP ,without the plug&play option in the bios to prevent hardware conflicts, so i don't have any other soundcard (disabled in bios also), no wifi, no lan,no drivers of graphic card, nothing ...

Gina appear on IRQ 21 without sharing or conflict and it's always the same problem ;(

So i just describe my config and perhaps you have an idea to something to test, it will be wonderful :

pentim 640 3.2Ghz
mobo asus p5GD2 premium (last bios) with chip sound: c-media9880 (same problem with sound chip enabled in bios and not installed)
GC Gigabyte 6600 GT
1 Go ddr2 533 corsair select
hd hitachi S-ATA
win XP PRO sp2
Antec sonata (alim 380 w)
and .. echo Gina 20

Perhaps my sound card is too old for one of this new components and i have to stop to experienced ? In this case it will be better with a Gina 24 or 3G ?

Thanks a lot by advance for support me, i'm really out of idea to try.

Have a good day, and whatever, thanks for the excellent sound of your products.

Sincerely,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/another-sound-card-problem-echo-event.28013/
Relevancy 29.24%

Please, please someone help me. I've called Comcast 4 times and Linksys twice. I'm new to wireless connectivity but heres what I know. I have one desktop and one laptop. The router is connecting on the main floor of my access via the cable jack. The deskstop downstairs has a Linksys eternet adapter (sorry, don't know the type offhand). The laptop connects using a wireless card. My laptop is fine, connects to the internet but my desktop can not. The software that comes with Linksys states its connecting to the source but can not find the internet. I am getting a 169. IP address. I've tried powering down the router, reinstalling the adapter, purchasing a new adapter, IPCONFIG renew, etc. Nothing is working. I think its a setting problem but no one will help me with the WEB settings. Who assigns the passphrase? What is the SSID? Etc., etc.,

A:XP OS, Comcast Router, Linksys Adapter... Connect to source but cant locate Internet

you need to set the default gate way on your pc to the default on the linksys..
you can acces a configuration window through a browser just enter the ip addres of the router as a url and this should bring up a configuration window..
the reason the laptop is fine is because the wireless card will pick up the gateway automatically you will need to set it on the pc which im presuming is wired to the router..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-os-comcast-router-linksys-adapter-connect-to-source-but-cant-locate-internet.30384/
Relevancy 24.51%

Ok, I have a question about applying the thermal interface material(artic silver 5, etc). I saw this pic of thermal paste, and I thought it looked like too much paste, am I right? http://www.hardwarezone.com/img/data/articles/2004/1192/02-paste_applied.jpg

I thought you wanted a very thin layer, just enough to smooth out the irregularities of the cpu's and heatsink's surfaces.

A:Amd 939 thermal interface material application.

I would definately NOT put so much on where it is right up to the top edge of the die. You would risk some rubbing off and falling on your motherboard where it could short out. puke:

Other than that, it is fine.

I would leave a clean edge of about 2 to 3 mm all around the perimeter of the CPU die.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-939-thermal-interface-material-application.27059/
Relevancy 30.53%

I Have A Geforce Fx 5200 Wit 128 Mb Right Now And It Laggs In Counterstrike Source And Only Gives Me 40 Fps. I Was Wondering If A Geforce Fx 5700le Oc (overclocked) Will Do Better In Counter-strike Source.

Please Help Me

A:What Video Should I Get For Counter-strike Source??

One thread per subject, thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-video-should-i-get-for-counter-strike-source.19158/
Relevancy 30.96%

hey guys....im building a new comp in a few months...and i wanna know what power source to get......i want it to be high voltage and reliable....[for i will be OCing].... probably a thermaltake or antec.....unless someone has a good substitution...also i want it to be sleek....considering the case will have a window.....

recommendations r welcome

A:WhAt PoWeR SoUrCe ???

Oh man........ this guy must be a very good friend of JSR............

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-power-source.15017/
Relevancy 82.99%

i just found a tip too review the lastest errors that my computer has encountered............ in dealing with all the mess that i've had troubles.... e.g. http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10796 (mo money(psu)......... mo problems)

anyways... i have about 5 thousand system and application records in the event viewer......... everything from service control manager to save dump to DCOM and workstation errors.......................................................................................................all of which i'm clueless

is that many errors normal...........

oh and they all range within a few days.......... usually only mere seconds apart

A:admin tools/ event viewer???

Fortunately, not all errors in the Event Viewer (EV) are real problems. Actually, many are not problems at all. You can adjust the size of the records that are being held in the EV by right-clicking either Application, Security or System and selecting Properties. You can set the size of each file to keep or clear.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-tools-event-viewer.10854/
Relevancy 30.53%

hi there this is more like a general hardware question my computer MB P S X CPU P GC Ati Radeon non-pro latest drivers catalyst SC Creative Sound Blaster live player Speakers Creative Inspire Ram HD Ibm Deskstar gbx gb Power Source W this problem happen on my both OS s Windows XP and RedHat on separated partitions sometimes both OS s dont recognise the sound card its just like it isnt there in the problem? source is my power linux whenever i try to play a dvd the sound cames out from the speakers like quot bumps quot sorry the wrong expression but im not that good in english in the last couple of months is my power source the problem? the power source makes sometimes a very strange large sound like a motor bike but not as loud the hard drive makes is my power source the problem? a loud cute sound that it didnt make at the beguining MB and CPU are allways about of temperature celcius the entire computer has about a year now so it is rather new but are all these problems due to the power source i mean maybe if i buy a new one with more power say w or somethin would it solve the problems thanks in advance PS sorry the bad english nbsp

A:is my power source the problem?

What is the brand-name and model of your power-supply?

Switch off the PC and clean the powersupply (just from the outside) with a strong vacuum-cleaner/hoover. It may be quite dusty inside. It may well be that it's fan is on the way out, which may cause PSU-overheating and definitely a lot of noise.
If that does not help, replace your PSU with a 400-450W from either Enermax or Antec.

If you can reach the fan-blades on any fans inside the PC, clean those up at the same time.

Start thinking about a backup-strategy for your HD and look around for a new HD. Before you do that, read this post, go to IBM and download their HD-test utilities.
http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7602

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-power-source-the-problem.10464/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi

I am using a Audigy 2 and Win XP.

Why is the followig happening :

When I play an audio cd from my cd-rom or dvd-rom drive
I get in the creative surround mixer the Wave/mp3 source working.

If I change the volume or disable the cd-audio or the cd-digital source
nothing happens

... so why is only the Wave/mp3 source controlling the cd audio volume ?

Thanks in advance

Edgler

A:I need a guru : which source is working?

btw.. Rick is right, although, DAE is a feature found also, in Win2k isn't it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-a-guru-which-source-is-working.8239/
Relevancy 29.67%

Typically speaking, the mobile virtual assistant space is dominated by companies like Microsoft, Google and Apple with Siri. These products and services provide users with a number of handy options like voice search and recognition, text-to-speech and a number of...

Read more

A:This is Sirius, the free open-source version of Siri

Well I can't see that name being used for long.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-is-sirius-the-free-open-source-version-of-siri.210069/
Relevancy 52.03%

System Info Windows XP MSI P A-C intel i GB DDR Western Digital TB encountered SetPoint Event Manager a Has (UNICODE) problem Logitech Hard drive So I have a very annoying problem with Logitech s SetPoint software that I have been trying to resolve on a customers computer for over a day now The customer had a logitech Mouse with an Application Switcher button on top he liked it but the mouse was having issues He bought a new one from us M and inside SetPoint you can choose the top button s function so I switched Logitech SetPoint Event Manager (UNICODE) Has encountered a problem it to Application Switcher and it was suppose to be all good However the application crashes with the message quot Logitech SetPoint Event Manager UNICODE Has encountered Logitech SetPoint Event Manager (UNICODE) Has encountered a problem a problem quot Now the message seems to appear about minutes after the system has been running I see it appear right after the screen save goes away once I move the mouse but can also appear while it is use I have Disabled the AV Firewall BitDefender it didn t seem to show up once it was disabled I re-enabled it and added the program to the ignore list allowed it full permissions added it to exclusion list for On-Access scans and regular scans I have reinstalled the SetPoint program after uninstalling I fully removed any left older files folders and registries There was one suggestion to delete the MacroMail dll file tried that still didn t help I am at a loss for what could resolve the issue I must mention that I no longer have the customers computer but am still actively looking for a solution for now he can start the program back up from the Icon on the Desktop but it can get annoying it should just work Any suggestions are helpful I will reply back as soon as I can nbsp

A:Logitech SetPoint Event Manager (UNICODE) Has encountered a problem

trying to resolve on a customers computerClick to expand...

hmm; most of us are here to assist HOME users and not business.

Suggest you investigate the Event Viewer for better details that can be used for a google search

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-setpoint-event-manager-unicode-has-encountered-a-problem.187400/
Relevancy 24.08%

Recently my computer has started displaying the "svchost.exe Application Error" message. There is also another window that appears frequently that says "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services" and then "Generic Host Process for Win32 Service has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Usually after I close these messages, or have been using the computer for a little while (maybe 20-40 minutes, it depends), my computer starts freaking out. Everything starts running slow and freezes (and sometimes un-freezes a few minutes later), the toolbar at the bottom of the screen will freeze (so I cannot access the Start menu), and the taskbars at the top of windows (and usually the toolbar) will revert to a Windows 98 type look.

I don't know what to do to fix these problems, your help and advice will be much appreciated!!

A:Can't launch system applications. Several application errors.

First thing, you should alwasy state your OS and computer type (notebook or desktop) when requesting help. Also if possible the exact "svchost.exe Application Error" error as this it too generic.
That said:
Have you tried a restore point to a time when it was performing correctly?
You can also do a file run: SFC /Scannow to repair missing windows files. This will require you Windows CD unless you have a restore partition.
Since this is happening after the computer is running for a while, are you having overheating issues? Especially essential with notebooks.

Have you run an updated Virus Scan? Malware scan such as malwarebytes or Superantispy?

Run a checkdisk and a defrag?

More info please RebKit

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-launch-system-applications-several-application-errors.153408/
Relevancy 24.08%

A person is using Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP. When she has a webpage open (with a company web application) if she opens another window and uses that for a few seconds, the window with the web app closes. Is there an error log created somewhere by Internet explorer?

A:Internet Explorer closes/crashes on particular web application

This computer is used by a company. I thought the idea behind online applications is that they're platform independent? Also it's company policy to use I.E. 7 because I.E. 8 hasn't been tested. This is my first job :approve: is it typical for a company to use old programs because I thought it would be more dangerous?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-explorer-closes-crashes-on-particular-web-application.156322/
Relevancy 25.37%

I'm trying to read the e-mails from my old Windows 98 computer on my current Windows XP computer but I haven't been able to figure out how to successfully do this. The e-mail client on the Windows 98 machine was Outlook Express 6 and the one on my current XP computer is Outlook 2002.

I followed the instructions listed on the Microsoft support site (Article ID: 270670) for backing up the data from Outlook Express which left me with a folder of .dbx files (Inbox.dbx, Drafts.dbx etc) which I then burned onto a CD and transferred over to my XP computer. My problem is that now that I've done that I'm not sure how to get Outlook 2002 to import that folder of .dbx files or recognize it. I googled it but didn't find any helpful results other than links to expensive conversion programs. So could anyone here offer any help on the matter? Thanks in advance.

A:How do I import messages from Outlook Express 6 into Outlook 2002?

Update: I realized that Outlook can't open the .dbx files and that Outlook Express has to export them to Outlook. However, when I tried this it only exported the messages in my "Sent" folder and none of the messages in any of the other folders, including Inbox.dbx which is about 500MB in size so I know the messages are in there. Any advice on what to do next?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-import-messages-from-outlook-express-6-into-outlook-2002.156266/
Relevancy 23.22%

I created this post to help people searching for solutions to Windows Error Messages:

Visual C++ Redistributable Library Missing
Application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect
Application Failed to Start
Dependent Assembly Missing
Activation context generation failed
so as to help find this post when using a search engine

Some background: Many Windows apps are built using Visual C++ libraries. The tricky part is that there are many different "versions" of "assemblies" of the C++ libraries in both 32-bit and 64-bit architecture "flavors". So the trick is tracking down the right flavor of the right assembly and version of the C++ library you need.

For further help, see this thread (in general) and this post and this post (in particular) for solutions

For how to look through your Application Event Log for application event messages click here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-fix-visual-c-library-missing-sidebyside-application-failed-to-start-errors.148951/