Windows Support Forum

How to truly change user's name in WIN 7 Ultimate?!

Q: How to truly change user's name in WIN 7 Ultimate?!

I bought this computer on ebay a few weeks ago and everything has been great. I was hoping the seller wiped the computer clean, but there was still some user names and name of computer filled from the prior user, so I went into control panel and changed the admin user name and all other things pertaining to the owner of this computer now belonging to a new user name; (to my knowledge) however, when I go to view this file (shown below) through winrar and then through a browser it still shows the prior user's name. Why is this and how can I fix the problem?? I'm sure it's a simple fix. Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to truly change user's name in WIN 7 Ultimate?!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to truly change user's name in WIN 7 Ultimate?!

Hello Kaiyou, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The best way would be to create a new user account for yourself, then delete the old one.

Of course, since this is a used computer off ebay, it may be best to do a factory restore or reinstall Windows to start fresh. You never know what may be on it from the previous owner.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343505-how-truly-change-users-name-win-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Having just learned from an OLD post here that renaming a user account apparently doesn't change the order in which the corresponding logon icons appear at startup -- due to the order being apparently determined by when each folder was originally created, which was when this computer was first opened back in 2011 -- I want to be able, after creating a new user account, to migrate data from the account whose name I changed. I'd been previously suggested to try User Profile Wizard from Forensit.com... would this be a good idea, or can you suggest something different?

HP/Compaq CQ2014, AMD E-300, Radeon HD graphics, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit custom SP1, 3MB RAM, 500GB disk

Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/392313-create-new-user-migrate-old-users-data-change-logon-icon-order.html
Relevancy 51.6%

(reposted from Customization)

Having just learned from an OLD post here that renaming a user account apparently doesn't change the order in which the corresponding logon icons appear at startup -- due to the order being apparently determined by when each folder was originally created, which was when this computer was first opened back in 2011 -- I want to be able, after creating a new user account, to migrate data from the account whose name I changed. I'd been previously suggested to try User Profile Wizard from Forensit.com... would this be a good idea, or can you suggest something different?

HP/Compaq CQ2014, AMD E-300, Radeon HD graphics, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit custom SP1, 3MB RAM, 500GB disk

Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/392449-create-new-user-migrate-old-users-data-change-logon-icon-order.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey I recently started to notice some strange activity on my MacBook, and am unable to change the root user, along with this on my console the country code sometimes changes to NL without me doing so. Sometimes I also get a message on my console saying "parental controls, start observing". Is there something fishy going on ?, any help much appreciated, thanks

A:Unable to change root user and country change on console, mac osx

Please post any operating (or infection) problems to the Mac forum area, as they are not handled here ...........

Operating Systems → Mac OS  ...............

Thank You - - - -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552928/unable-to-change-root-user-and-country-change-on-console-mac-osx/
Relevancy 49.88%

I installed Win x with a user name quot user quot a long time ago At some point I changed the User's name to quot Karen quot to make it easier to spot on the home network etc The Computer Name quot Dell quot has not changed Today I wanted to connect to the computer quot Karen quot using my workgroup not a homegroup All of my other computers now share with workgroup However the computer quot I Name user the and user's the Can remove old change completely name? Karen quot does not Can I change the user's Name and completely remove the old user name? require a password to logon so when I tried to connect via the workgroup I got a popup box asking for the Credentials to Connect I need to enter the User Name and Password to connect to quot Dell quot And I and wife don't know the password Anyways I reset the password using the quot Reset Forgotten Password quot tutorial going into registry etc That worked but I still could not access the computer Karen - windows would not accept the password Running quot net users Can I change the user's Name and completely remove the old user name? quot I see that I don't have a User quot Karen quot I have a user quot user quot So i used that user name with the new password and I'm connected All is good But how do I get rid of quot user quot and replace with quot Karen quot Can this be done

A:Can I change the user's Name and completely remove the old user name?

Quote: Originally Posted by CountryBumkin

But how do I get rid of "user1" and replace with "Karen"? Can this be done?

When a new user is created in Windows, either the first user when Windows is installed or any user later on, and the new user has signed in to Windows first time, the user profile is created and named. Any later username change does not change the name of the user profile.

An example, if my ex-wife had created a user account for me on a Windows computer she had most probably named it as "Idiot". If I then later on changed my username on that computer from "Idiot" to "Kari", my profile had remained as "Idiot".

Basically, the easiest way to change this is to create a new user account and profile with the preferred name, copy the personal files and folders from C:\Users\Wrong_Username folder to C:\Users\New_Username, and delete the user Wrong_Username completely.

In your case now you can try the method told in this tutorial: User Profile Folder - Change User Account Folder Name

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/372135-can-i-change-users-name-completely-remove-old-user-name.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there,

In Win-7, as an admin-user, it was easy to change the picture from another user. In Win-8 I'm only able to find where I can change my own picture. Can't I set it anymore for other users?

Cheers.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/11409-change-user-account-picture-another-user.html
Relevancy 47.73%

you all guess what i want so easily.
Actually i have windows 7 ultimate 32 bit SP1 .iso file, so but i want windows 7 ultimate 32 bit without SP1 .
how to achieve this with iso file i have? i am trying for a very long time please help me

A:how to change windows 7 ultimate SP1 to without sp1?

Not possible. SP1 has a large number of system files and changes that are altered from the original release of Windows 7. If you want to have a pre-SP1 version of Windows 7, you'll need to find a pre-SP1 disc or .iso.

What's included in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/368173-how-change-windows-7-ultimate-sp1-without-sp1.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey there I would like to exactly know, how exactly to change my sound on my Windows 7 Ultimate start up xD. I have some awesome music and would love to change it from that boring sound all the time. So please if you have any way of changing Windows 7 Ultimate start up sound, that would appreciated xD.

I'll post a pic of what i have now:

~Sonic X

A:How do I change the Windows 7 Ultimate

What does xD mean?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/257002-how-do-i-change-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
I have a Windows 8.1 system on a lap top that was used by a former employee. Her name was still on user name and I couldn't change it without Admin privileges (otherwise was asking for a smart card). Found out how to get in to admin in safe mode with Net
User Admin yes- then discovered that the old log in and information / desk top is no longer available. The docs are under Users (old employee's name) in C drive, but the docs and settings no longer show up and the admin log in is the only one available - no
option to change users.
When I went in and said Net User Admin no - thinking if I disabled admin user it would go back to the old log in -  there was no log in available at all.

Help?
Launa

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/56c281dc-3368-4418-93ac-3cd96832c513/enabled-net-user-admin-to-change-an-account-name-cant-change-name-and-now-origial-login-account?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone,

First excuse my English.

I have tried in this section but could not find answer (maybe because my English is badly).

How can I change, if possible, the Windows 7 Ultimate written in this screen?

Indicative images, taken from the Internet.

Is welcome to link to a guide or an explanation in simple words, but not hasty, if possible.
Thanks

A:How can I change, if possible, the Windows Ultimate written in this sc

Log On Screen - Change or Remove Text Branding

and

Ease of Access Center - Add or Remove from Logon Screen

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/134542-how-can-i-change-if-possible-windows-ultimate-written-sc.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I found out that you can change your Windows 7 language without owning the Ultimate edition. You just need to download Vistalizator and the MUI language pack you need.

Good for if you bought your laptop overseas in a different language.

A:Change your Windows 7 language w/o having ultimate!

Thanks, it works perfectly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/45284-change-your-windows-7-language-w-o-having-ultimate.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Folks!

My win7 ultimate was instaled in portuguese (my fist language) but I would like to change it to another language that I am actualy studing right now.

Said that I would like to know where I can find the language pack I want and how I can install it. Icelandic is my fist choice, but If not availble, I will try french (with I am prety sure that are availble).

To finish I would like to know if thouse language pack change every bit of win7 or only the menus.

Thank you all in advance.

Castelo

A:How to change language at win7 ultimate

Hi RegisCastelo, welcome to SevenForums.

Have a look at this thread: win 7 language change

Post #9 from Kari answers all your questions I think.

MK2

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/114613-how-change-language-win7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 47.3%

How can I change my ip address in Vista Ultimate 32 bit?
I have tried to change it using ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew and it didn't work. I hope it is possible ! I think I made a topic about this I think But can't seem to find it, cause so many topics

A:How can I change my IP address in Vista Ultimate 32 bit

Well, theres a few things you need understand.

- There are WAN ip addresses
- And LAN ip addresses.

The WAN ip address is assigned/controlled by your ISP. When you pay for service you pay to use an ip address that's assigned to them. The WAN ip is what's used to route data between ip addresses on the internet.

If your computer connects directly to your cable or DSL modem, your computer is assigned the WAN ip address and is what you'll see using ipconfig.

LAN ip addresses. If you have a router connected to the cable/DSL modem and computers connected to the router...Then
- The router is assigned the WAN ip address
- The router creates a LAN for your home network. Your computers on the LAN connect to the router which can then route it to another LAN computer or out on the internet.

The router assigns each LAN computer its own LAN ip address. This is how all your home LAN devices share one IP address you get from your ISP.

The standards governing use of IP addresses reserve the following for use on LANs.
10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255

Note these addresses might reappear and reused on uany number of LANS across the world. But this does not cause internet routing confusion because the router sends NEVER sends a LAN address out on the internet. It always replaces a LAN address with the WAN ip address. LAN addresses never appear in the data travelling along the internet.

This all said:
- If your computer is assigned LAN ip addresses any ip address change you make isn't relevant. Cause i think you are really trying to change WAN ip address.
- If your computer is actually getting a WAN address, you might be getting a dynamic or static ip address depending on what you pay for. (Dynamic is cheaper and most common) Dynamic ip is assigned and changed whenever the ISP feels like it. By definition they can change it every 4 hours if the choose. Or you pay for static ip service where you always get the same ip from your ISP. Period.

Bottom line is you might find a method that triggers your ISP to change the WAN address but more often you can't trigger that. it'll change when ur isp is good and ready to change it. (tho if you have dsl servcie you may find it changes with every restart.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-change-my-ip-address-in-vista-ultimate-32-bit.116167/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Dell XPS M1730 with Windows 7 Ultimate and it was doing an iTunes update and the lid got closed during the update process. Now when I start the computer up it says "the user profile service service failed the login, user profile cannot be loaded". The computer starts up in safe mode and won't let me do a system restore because it says it is shut off. When I look at User Profiles in Windows 7, it states that the users profile is as backup and the default profile is the local profile. How can I fix my computer to get my user profile back up and working?

A:Window 7 Ultimate User Profile

When you login to safe mode create another administrator account and then fix your profile.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215I'm pretty sure Method 3 Will fix it for you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422170/window-7-ultimate-user-profile/
Relevancy 47.3%

I've upgraded my home network file server to Windows 7 from XP.
The server houses all the media and photo files.
When it ran on XP, I had no trouble adding/deleting files on the serer from another computer on the same network.
But with the upgrade, I can read but cannot write or delete files on the server from another computer.
I've tried the file Properties - Security tab, but there seems to be no way to add a user from another computer.
Hours of search on the internet hasn't helped either.

Can someone enlighten me?

A:[Ultimate] How do you gant another LAN user permissions?

Hi! Take ownership of the folder

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/334206-ultimate-how-do-you-gant-another-lan-user-permissions.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all First time poster here My yr old Vista XP Pro & Ultimate user network has a computer running XP Pro that I put on there and my machine is running Vista Ultimate I was just certified by Microsoft in Vista Installation and Configuration but Vista Ultimate & XP Pro user network it does not mention what I'm going to ask about I want to control his user account on his XP Pro with Group Policy editing from my machine if I were to network them together This would be so that I could put forth restrictions on certain features restricting internet usages based on behavior and easily modify other settings appropriately from my machine Another reason I'd like to do this is because the next certification I'm going to be working towards is the next in line which is Enterprising with Windows but I don't know it yet and this would be great practice So my question is if I were to set the two computers up on the network to be able to see each other behind the firewalls etc Would it be possible to make it so that when he logs onto his computer that it's using the settings I set through GPE on my computer for his account on his computer

A:Vista Ultimate & XP Pro user network

Hi, well the short answer is no. If you were on a domain through a server then possibly. Why not use Gpedit in XP (it is built into Pro). Mind you there will be some kid at school who knows how to overcome your best efforts. Parental supervision (let them know you know how to check where they have been, just don't show them how.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-ultimate-and-xp-pro-user-network-316651.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Now this is the first time that i have loaded a 2nd profile on my laptop. I have the same version on my desktop and it works without any issues. But on my Sony Vaio laptop i cannot get fast user switching to work at all. I have worked ont his for 2 days now. Ive tried all the forums and all the little hacks for regedit, gpedit...etc etc. Nothing is working.... does anyone out there have a fix for this or am i just doomed to have to log off when i want to switch accounts?

A:Cant switch user accounts in Ultimate 64

go to start and type in search cmd and run as administrator and run "sfc /scannow" without quotes and see if you have integrity violations it could also be that the user profile is corrupted and may need to be replaced. First things first though..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184761-cant-switch-user-accounts-ultimate-64-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Howdy All -
I'm thinking I'm not the first nor the last to have MS trick me into changing my User Name from Local to (in my case) an outlook.com email account. Now I'm forced to sign in every time I log on. And FWIW, I prefer to be fully in charge of my devices.
-
I surely would appreciate some guidance on the proper way to switch back to a Local User and disassociate my computer from outlook.com. Many thanks in advance for reading this and all replies.

Best,
/jdU

A:Proper (Safe) way to change from "Microsoft.com" User to Local User

Settings>>Accounts>>Under your Microsoft Account listing, click on "Change to a Local account instead".

Local Account - Switch to in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/49640-proper-safe-way-change-microsoft-com-user-local-user.html
Relevancy 47.3%

OS Windows XP v Professional SP I restored the computer system as I had lost everything stored in the old user profile A NEW USER PROFILE mlinda quot is created with the correct domain attached to it eg CAA MAU and is fully restored The OLD USER PROFILE quot m linda quot remains in the documents and settings BUT - the domain is of a local computer eg SPARXX and it no longer works with the eg CAA MAU domain The original quot m linda quot user profile contains almost nothing in it no documents etc m linda is still listed in the userlist in computer management BUT 2 (fully name user user restored) new profile old ? Urgent-How profile change to back NOT THE NEW mlinda In administrator mode I dont t see ALL the contents of the newly restored profile Questions How do I change user profile quot mlinda Urgent-How 2 change new user profile (fully restored) back to old user profile name ? quot that has successfully retored everthing back to quot m linda quot since the new profile has everything intact How do I safely delete the newly restored quot mlinda quot and ensure everything is back to normal with the OLD USER PROFILE m linda How to ensure that the correct domain name is attached to the profile by transferring all the data from THE NEW mlinda eg domain CAA MAU to THE OLD m linda that currently has a local computer domain SPARXX User profile m linda has to be attched to domain CAA MAU Should I be backing up before eventhough the new mlinda is in super condition I read in forums that the links to desktop can be lost by transfering How do I retain it Do I have to change anything in the registry value Should I do it with Administrator account in normal mode or safe mode When I log on as an Administrator both mlinda and m linda is as brand new and none of the exisiting files in it When I log in as mlinda new I still see m linda local computer domain in the user list but not mlinda the new But when I right click properties of c documents and setting mlinda under security I see that mlinda is listed with the correct domain name My biggeest fear is not to lose the domain ouutlook etc while changing mlinda to m linda B Rather than going through a process of copying mlinda to m linda Is it possible just delete THE OLD USER PROFILE m linda and rename the THE NEW USER PROFILE mlinda since this is fully restored to m linda If yes what are the best steps And how can I make the adjustments to user list since when wondows starts there is only THE NEW PROFILE mlinda popping up I need it back to m linda I read in a forum that I can go to registry HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVer Profilelist and change but I don t want to mess with it In my case in the registry i should I delete m linda first and rename mlinda to m linda This is rather urgent and need to fix today All your help are truly appreciated Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-how-2-change-new-user-profile-fully-restored-back-to-old-user-profile-name.1004093/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

Is there any way to change my Windows 7 boot screen to original one because it turns to vista.. My screen resolution is only 1200x600.. Thanks..

A:How to change boot screen of Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

Hello 13th, and welcome to sevenforums!

Do you mean the log on screen?

Log On Screen - Change

Tutorial created by Brink

*Edit - disregard my post, i don't think it applies. I didn't read the whole problem before posting

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/232468-how-change-boot-screen-windows-7-ultimate-32-bit.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I installed Windows 7 ultimate and had my 1 Tb harddisk divided in a 50 GB partition and another (the rest)

I wanted to install Windows on the 50Gb but now it's installed on the other partition

How can I change the active & boot stuff to the other partition?

A:How to change active partion in Windows 7 Ultimate

Are you wanting to move the whole OS, or just the boot files?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/68692-how-change-active-partion-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm trying to change the brightness on my personal computer. I've gone through the Control Panel; administration; tried to search, but shows no results there. I can't change the brightness on the actual monitor. (using the buttons) even the Func button doesn't have the options.

I've possibly tried every option:

Any ideas?

A:How do I get change the Colour Management? on windows 7 Ultimate?

Hi,

What's the make and model of your computer/laptop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/122204-how-do-i-get-change-colour-management-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi All,
As I format the computer and reinstall the window, I install with the wrong version with win 7 ultimate. At the beginning, it is fine and work with the same product key. One month later, the computer have a label in the screen about my window is not genuine.
I think the problem that I install the another version of win 7 ultimate instead of my win 7 home premium. I want to ask what should I do now? 
Thanks and Regards,
Byron

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ce8bca95-e341-4562-8cd2-07781a894bc4/how-can-i-change-the-win-7-ultimate-back-to-win-7-home-premium?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 46.87%

can anyone help me???.............

my friend change my window 7 starter to ultimate....but after that it say that it is not genuine...........how do i change it back to window 7 starter????

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

A:How to change back from window 7 ultimate to starter

Depending on your computer, you may be able to use a Restore Partition to restore Windows 7 Starter. You may want to look on the support site for the manufacturer of your PC to see if there are instructions on how to do a restoration of factory settings or the factory install. The other way is to have a Windows 7 DVD to install Starter yourself using a Custom Install as seen in this tutorial: Custom Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/123152-how-change-back-window-7-ultimate-starter.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi!

I received a German Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition with the HomeParty thingy Microsoft was sponsoring. But I want my Windows to be in English, so I downloaded the English Language Patch via Windows Update and installed it. Now everything is nicely in English AFTER I login.
Before login, it still says the German words for "Password", "Windows is starting up", "Windows is shutting down", "Windows is configuring updates", ...

Is there any way to completely patch it to English?

Thanks for your help!

A:Completely change language of Ultimate installation?

Quote: Originally Posted by multimolti

Hi!

I received a German Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition with the HomeParty thingy Microsoft was sponsoring. But I want my Windows to be in English, so I downloaded the English Language Patch via Windows Update and installed it. Now everything is nicely in English AFTER I login.
Before login, it still says the German words for "Password", "Windows is starting up", "Windows is shutting down", "Windows is configuring updates", ...

Is there any way to completely patch it to English?

Thanks for your help!

The only way to do that is to use an English language version of the software. See if any of your friends have an English Ultimate DVD and reinstall using the key that came with your signature version.

Snarks

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/39104-completely-change-language-ultimate-installation.html
Relevancy 46.87%

If User profile not could not be loaded for Window7 ultimate, Then what is to be done please suggest. After booting up "User profile not could not be loaded" message displaed for Window7 ultimate.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1e772885-661b-4844-8bd6-584bbbb3fd05/for-window7-ultimate-user-profile-not-could-not-be-loaded?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi st post so if you're feelin cranky go ahead I've thick skin and a sense of humor left it in Ultimate duplicate 7 Normal? User Files: Win my commodore floppy drive though just a sec Win 7 Ultimate duplicate User Files: Normal? I'll get it Would like to know Is it broke Do I have or files on my hard drive Conventional wisdom would lead me to No and files Toshiba U - Pentium Dual Core CPU T GHz GB Ram LOL Windows Ultimate bit gb hard drive gb available external gb plus various usb sticks etc The following two directories with sub-dirs 'exist' on my laptop no complex explanation of why or how this is 'standard' just want to know if it's 'normal' C Documents and Settings Files Sub Directories Administrator Default Jim owner Public Seven C Users Files Sub Directories Administrator Default Jim owner Public Seven Experience taught me long ago that the ANSWER the WHY is hardly ever worth the time it takes to figure it out cuz it's really the FIX that one is most earnestly seeking and I'm indifferent to pursuing the Phi Beta Kappa Sigma Cum Loudly learning curve since Windows arrived as long as there isn't never was nor ever will be a problem that hasn't been resolved with the proper tools foot hammer etc and or knowledge of HOW to fix it For example I don't have a single CLUE as to WHY my previous laptop began working again AFTER I tossed it out my fourth floor apartment window missing the dumpster I was aiming for but I could hear my recording of John Belushi swearing that it wasn't HIS fault about minutes after following my shrinks advice and heaving-ho then punching my sofa cushions sigh Sooooo Yes No or thousand files THANKS VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP OR ONE-LINERS THAT I CAN RECYCLE O lt O v lt quot y

A:Win 7 Ultimate duplicate User Files: Normal?

Not normal.

What handy-dandy, super cleanup, speedup, wonder software did you install?

What software did you use to show that info?

Possible is that the 3rd party super program is reporting incorrectly.

Download TreeSizeFree, use same to display your C drive folders & subfolders,
Make a snip using the snipping tool of the display
Upload the snip.

For treesize free:
JAM Software - Windows Freeware

to make a snip:
Make a snapshot (Snip)
WIN | type SNIP | ENTER | New
Drag the cursor around the area you want to snip.
File | Save as | select save location and name | Save

WIN=key with the Microsoft logo on top.

===================
to upload:
Post a File or Screenshot in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/231567-win-7-ultimate-duplicate-user-files-normal.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Out of nowhere today I got the BSOD then haven't Ultimate any had suddenly... user, 7 and Win problems, Below is the information that popped up when I booted my pc back to Windows The only Win 7 Ultimate user, haven't had any problems, and then suddenly... new thing I have installed in a very pretty long time is the Spotify app Other than that anything that is on here has been for a while Does the information provide any kind of insight into what may have happened I appreciate any and all help Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF F DBB BCP FFFFF E E BCP FFFFF E DA OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Amanda AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available Win 7 Ultimate user, haven't had any problems, and then suddenly... please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Win 7 Ultimate user, haven't had any problems, and then suddenly...

Info on the STOP 0x7E error:  http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x0000007E
Please note, from the Usual Causes section, that this is often a hardware problem.
As such, please start with these free hardware diagnostics.

Also, to help confirm this (and to help fix it if it's not a hardware problem), please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601990/win-7-ultimate-user-havent-had-any-problems-and-then-suddenly/
Relevancy 46.87%

Help My Laptop's system board crashed recently and I sent it in to be repaired under warranty When it was returned the PC was wiped clean Vista Account Ultimate User Problem x64 which I expected so I made backups Once I started the PC there was an admin ID called test there which I did not expect to see as I thought it would have been returned like it was fresh out of the box and I would have to set it up again I changed the name in User accounts to my name Vista Ultimate x64 User Account Problem and attempted to restore the back up It told me that it could not find the user account but I selected to go forward anyway my bad The problem now is that if Vista Ultimate x64 User Account Problem I open the file explorer and click on users under the c drive I see the folder called quot test quot which is linked to my user ID the main admin account but I also see my old account folder that has all my backedup information in it that I want to be the main admin acct If I go into User accounts from the Control Panel there is only one admin account which is the new one and not the restored one How can I make the restore ID the main ID and delte the new one with out having to run my recovery CDs to and having to do everything over again

A:Vista Ultimate x64 User Account Problem

Check this out. Hope it helps.

User Account - Delete

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/178496-vista-ultimate-x64-user-account-problem.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm setting up Win for the st time on a Lenovo Win laptop It had to do a ton of upgrades before all the features would work like the touch screen amp task bar Once all the updates were completed I started to set it up Somehow I missed the part where you put a name to the quot USER quot in the C drive On my Asus it says This USER? This to edit/change "USER" How > user > in: C: PC> PC gt C gt user gt johnf But on the Lenovo is says This PC gt C gt user gt USER I went in amp changed the Local Account Admin to a Name I wanted hoping that would change quot USER quot to quot rocco quot but it didn't I know that all programs installed in the future will have a path that looks like This How to edit/change "USER" in: This PC> C: > user > USER? PC gt How to edit/change "USER" in: This PC> C: > user > USER? C gt user gt USER gt Dropbox unless I can change it I'm not very far into setting the laptop up so I want to make sure I don't keep moving forward in case I have to reset or roll back anything How can I fix this problem Also why do I have a C drive GB amp a D drive GB after I did the Win update it had Win on it but needed to upgrade to a newer version amp now I have a D drive that i did not create Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/how-to-edit-change-user-in-this-pc-c-user-user-1145193.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi you all I'm having a problem here that's driving me crazy The option quot Add keyboard layout quot suddenly is unavailable I'm from Argentina that's my excuse Ultimate layout change Unable x32 keyboard 7 Windows to for bad grammar and my keyboard uses the locale es-es My SO as the thread title says is Windows Ultimate x I recently installed the english language pack from windows update hoping that some keyboards layouts would show up but nothing happened I also tried this I downloaded the lp cab Spanish package and installed it from the command line as administrator Nothing changed The Unable to change keyboard layout Windows 7 Ultimate x32 following are two images from the Region Language section in control panel In the first one in Input Language it says quot Unable to read configuration quot Circled in red The second one shows that when I click in 'Add Input Language' nothing shows up I'm hoping someone could help me on this one I need to do some Unable to change keyboard layout Windows 7 Ultimate x32 reports for college and I can't use the spanish special characters Thanks in advance PS System Unable to change keyboard layout Windows 7 Ultimate x32 Restore is not enabled Matias

A:Unable to change keyboard layout Windows 7 Ultimate x32

Scroll down to "Vista" and see if this works for you:

Quote:
In Vista, you have to click on Regional and Language Options from the Control Panel. Then you need to click on Keyboards and Languages and then Change Keyboards.

How to Change the Keyboard Language in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/295235-unable-change-keyboard-layout-windows-7-ultimate-x32.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello all I am new here so please give me some credit lt img src quot images smilies smile gif quot border quot quot alt quot quot to comma Change 64bit) numeric dot keypad 7 the ultimate (win on title quot Smile quot smilieid quot quot class quot inlineimg quot gt I am living in Brazil and Change the dot to comma on numeric keypad (win 7 ultimate 64bit) installed my win ultimate edition in English and downloaded and installed the Portuguese language pack which actually worked without a problem The only thing driving me mad is Change the dot to comma on numeric keypad (win 7 ultimate 64bit) that the decimal limiter in Change the dot to comma on numeric keypad (win 7 ultimate 64bit) Brazil is a comma not a dot and this although I changed the whole localization including keyboard to Portuguese Brazilian I went to quot Region and Language quot - gt quot Additional settings quot and manually changed the quot Decimal symbol quot to a comma with no joy I downloaded quot Microsoft Keyboard Layouter quot and tried to remap the point on the numeric keypad to ANYTHING else with no success as well I am checking the function with notepad and browser because I think that there will be some additional localization changes to do in Word or Excel but I am not able to change the dot to a comma I tried so many things that at the moment the English keyboard settings do not react anymore when pressing the dot on the numeric pad It just does nothing When I change over to the Brazilian keyboard it displays a dot not a comma as defined I would be very happy if somebody could point me to a working solution as changing localization does not have any effect and I lost my dot under English keyboard driver Thanks for your help

A:Change the dot to comma on numeric keypad (win 7 ultimate 64bit)

Hello and welcome to 7F, I personally hope you enjoy your time here.

I dont want to sound patronizing but do you know how to use "Microsoft Keyboard Layout Editor" programs like that can be very confusing, anyway heres the link with the information you might need.

Editing Windows custom keyboard layouts | ilg The Geek's blog

HLPTech

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331015-change-dot-comma-numeric-keypad-win-7-ultimate-64bit.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi folks!
For several times all my files contains unexpected read only attributes. How is it possible to be to be log in as administrator, but not given RIGHTS to change options?
Any knew?
Please guide me or give me advice, it will make me happy. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2e98c8cf-925a-48c5-9327-f7ac945a62ce/windows-764-ultimatehow-to-change-attributes-readonly-files?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 46.44%

I can't find a way to change my XPDM GC to WDDM. Is there any way to do it? Thank you!

A:How do I change XPDM to WDDM on Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit?

Someone please answer! )):

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/356709-how-do-i-change-xpdm-wddm-windows-7-ultimate-32bit.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I can't seem to change my wallpaper, either by going to Personalization nor Right clicking on my wallpaper picture.

It happened after I performed a System Restore.

I have tried googling it for hours almost, and tried different troubleshooting techniques, with out luck of course!
Please give me some advice! Maybe you guys have a diffrent way of resolving it.

(What I have tried so far:

* Regedit - Made a new DWORD (Or something) With NoChangingWallpaper to 0 value
* "Ease Of Acess" tab in control panel.
(There were some other mroe advanced options that had me cooncerned about mucking up, so I cautiously steered away )

Some input would be appreaciated. this is very annoying.

A:Solved: Win7 Ultimate won't let me change wallpaper after Sys Restore

Try deleting or renaming the following file:
Code:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\[B]TranscodedWallpaper.jpg[/B]
Then, try applying the wallpaper again.

Read:

Can’t change or display desktop wallpaper in Windows 7 or Windows Vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win7-ultimate-wont-let-me-change-wallpaper-after-sys-restore.1017373/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have over events logged in less than a year on my Win Ultimate bit which is basically turned one and off twice per day all User Win 7 down Ultimate when leaked registry shutting handles stating that my registry is leaking Each shut down produces a event message like this below Windows detected User registry handles leaked when shutting down Win 7 Ultimate your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards Which is then followed by the number of leaks from to but all relate to REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - When I seach for this reference on the C drive it returns me three Roaming folders under App Data There is only one user on this machine excluding the administrator If there is a guest user it doesn't show up - it boots right to my desktop Question - can I somehow turn off this roaming I am not storing any destop or user profile on a network why is this roaming thing needed I do not know where to find user profiles I can only find user accounts in the control panel

A:User registry handles leaked when shutting down Win 7 Ultimate

No, one cannot turn this "roaming", because it is part of the system. That folder used to be Documents and Settings\$USER$\Application Data in Windows XP.

Some application causing this problem. More info is required. Screenshots would also be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/209861-user-registry-handles-leaked-when-shutting-down-win-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm trying to find the file location for the user account picture, I found a page that said it was in programData\microsoft\... etc. All I can find in there is the user.jpg (as it said), but that's a random flower, not the picture I set it to, also in there i find a Brydon.dat (my computer and account's name), but it's a blank file.
I'm on an HP computer running windows 7 ultimate (OEM) and the default picture was the HP logo.

A:User account picture location HP windows 7 ultimate.

Hello packocrayons, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The user account picture is stored in the hidden folder below as (username).bmp. C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Temp

User Account Picture - Change
The other location you mentioned is for the default image when the account is created new instead.User Logon Display Picture - Set Default for All Users
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/296813-user-account-picture-location-hp-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey guys,
I'm sorry to post yet another thread about this problem, but having gone through all the ones posted (and resolved) so far, I'm convinced my laptop has developed some other problem than the ones people have listed so far.
Basically, what happened is that my Lenovo Z580 laptop (15.6 inch screen) running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, which usually runs at a screen resolution of 1366*768 suddenly switched to 1280*800 following a system restart. There is a vertical black bar on the right side of the screen, and there is no option to increase the screen resolution beyond 1280*800 (I am currently using 1280*768, but it's still terrible). I have updated my graphics driver several times now (Generic PnP Monitor, Intel HD 4000 Graphics), but to no avail. Anyone have any idea what might be wrong with my system? Would a system restore help (the problem started after I restarted my laptop following an iTunes update)?
Any help is much appreciated!

A:Can't change screen resolution back to 1366*768 on Windows 7 Ultimate

Do you have different options available under the first tab labeled Display? Is it showing the correct type or is there something else there?
Try clicking detect and see if anything changes in the display description.
You say you installed drivers for a generic PnP display, that is not what you have. Maybe download the driver from Lenovo website for that exact laptop model.

Download Lenovo drivers here
Laptops and netbooks :: IdeaPad Z Series laptops :: IdeaPad Z580 - Lenovo Support (US)

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/381645-cant-change-screen-resolution-back-1366-768-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Guys I'm a newbee I use Video Downloader Ultimate a commercial product for which I paid about online It works well Downloads videos from most sites including Youtube and https secured sites Only password protected videos such as paid content are not downloaded One problem AdwCleaner is reporting it as a threat Does anyone know if this is for real or that it is causing Video change? Ultimate to settings proxy Downloader a false positive I do have a problem Video Downloader Ultimate causing proxy settings to change? on my PC that my proxy settings keep changing I do not use a proxy server but somehow the box gets ticked about every ten minutes or so I'd like to keep the utility but remove the threat Sorry that the logs below are in Dutch nbsp Addition txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads AdwCleaner v - Logbestand aangemaakt op Updated on by Malwarebytes Gebruik lokale database - - Server Besturingssysteem Windows Pro X Gebruikersnaam Dennis - PC-DENNIS Gestart vanuit C Users Dennis Desktop AdwCleaner exe Mode Scan Ondersteuning https www malwarebytes com support Services No malicious services found Mappen gevonden C ProgramData VideoDownloaderUltimateWinApp gevonden C ProgramData Application Data VideoDownloaderUltimateWinApp Bestanden No malicious files found DLL No malicious DLLs found WMI No malicious keys found Snelkoppelingen Zoeken naar bestanden Geplande taken No malicious task found Register gevonden HKU S- - - - - - - Software UpdateStar gevonden HKU S- - - - - - - Software Link gevonden HKCU Software UpdateStar gevonden HKCU Software Link gevonden x HKCU Software UpdateStar gevonden x HKCU Software Link gevonden HKU S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes AFBCB E -F A- - F - FEE A C gevonden HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes AFBCB E -F A- - F - FEE A C gevonden x HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes AFBCB E -F A- - F - FEE A C Waarde HKU S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run VideoDownloaderUltimate Waarde HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run VideoDownloaderUltimate Waarde x HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run VideoDownloaderUltimate gevonden HKLM SOFTWARE Classes s Internetbrowsers Zoeken naar register-items Zoeken naar register-items C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner S txt - bytes - EOF - C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner S txt - bytes Scanresultaten van Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Versie - - Gestart door Dennis Beheerder op PC-DENNIS - - Gestart vanaf C Users Dennis Desktop Geladen Profielen Dennis Beschikbare Profielen Dennis Platform Windows Pro Versie X Taal Nederlands Nederland Internet Explorer Versie Standaardbrowser Chrome Boot Modus Normal Handleiding voor Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processen gefilterd Als een item is opgenomen in de fixlist het proces zal worden gesloten Het bestand zal niet worden verplaatst AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe Sandboxie Holdings LLC C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe Dropbox Inc C Windows System DbxSvc exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe MOALAB LLC C Program Files MOALAB LLC Classic Start Button bin ClassicShellService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ClickToRun OfficeClickToRun exe ABN AMRO C Program Files x ABN AMRO e dentifier wss becwssvr exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Norton Engine n exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Norton Utilities Tools Disk Doctor DiskDoctorSrv exe C Program Files x Real UpdateService RealPlayerUpdateSvc exe Electronic Arts C Program Files x Origin OriginWebHelperService exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Norton Utilities Tools SpeedDisk SpeedDiskSrv exe C Pr... Read more

A:Video Downloader Ultimate causing proxy settings to change?

Divx or Real may also be a culprit. I do get a lot of requests to update Divx, but when I do, Norton blocks the downloaded file from installing. Sees it as a threat.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631178/video-downloader-ultimate-causing-proxy-settings-to-change/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello.
Can anybody help?
For some extraordinary reason The User Accounts Icon has disappeared from my Control Panel of Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit & therefore cannot access User accounts. I found this out when i could not change the user account picture.
Many thanks.
Brusselsprout

A:User Account has disappeared in Control Panel of Windows7 Ultimate

Hello welcome to sevenforums.
Have you tried to do a system restore?
System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/109097-user-account-has-disappeared-control-panel-windows7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 46.01%

hi,
A may be easy question for who knows..
User Account Control on: "Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer"" doesnt allow me to use my scan (allinone>> epson tx130)
i have to set it up on "Never notify" to be able to scan w no problem,
.. but i dont like the idea of having UAC on "Never notify", what can i do?
thanks in advance!

A:User Account Control issues (windows 7 ultimate english)

Are you using one of the drivers certified for use under Windows 7? Some of the older drivers needed to be able to write to places in the registry they will not be able to under Windows 7 (old WinXP assumption, I presume):
Epson Stylus NX130, Drivers & Downloads - Technical Support - Epson America, Inc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/211616-user-account-control-issues-windows-7-ultimate-english.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Can someone hit me with a link for manually installing the AHCI driver and switching the OS mode for the storage controller.

If I remember right, this is just putting the driver in /sys/drivers, running a script, and making a registry change. Then you reboot, change the motherboard setting, and then install IMSM after the OS comes back up. I don't remember the script, or if it was just a reg edit, etc.

Thanks,

LMHmedchem

A:change storage controller to AHCI mode post install (win7 64-Ultimate)

Normally this is done in your BIOS, once you have the driver downloaded and installed. When that is done, reboot, go in to bios change settings, save and exit and complete the reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/187560-change-storage-controller-ahci-mode-post-install-win7-64-ultimate.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 running Windows Vista Ultimate.
My problem is that when I Log In to the Administrator Mode I start seeing many errors pop up.
List of errors:
“Catalyst Contol Centre: Host application has stopped working”
“Input Personalization Server has stopped working.”
“Unable to create Temporary folder. Error5-Access is denied.”
Windows Explorer doesn’t work
In addition to this I can’t get into some applications and they sometimes get errors. I can however get into Internet Exployer but not Firefox. The strange thing is that when I Switch Users and Log into the non administator mode everything works fine. I realized all this was happening when I was trouble shooting a bug in the Adobe software with Adobe technical support. I turns out I can’t fix the Adobe problem until I fix this or so they say.

A:Problem running applications in Administrator User Mode in Windows Vista Ultimate.

Hi and welcome to TSG what admin account are you using

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-running-applications-in-administrator-user-mode-in-windows-vista-ultimate.925666/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am laptop user. About 2hr ago, i login to my lappy and discover that my profile is different. My folders on desktop went missing and some of the setting changed. Then i try on my own to solve it but to no avail. Fortunately i come upon my C:\Documents and Settings and discover that strange profile C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP and my original profile C:\Documents and Settings\p0716499 was still there. This imply that my previous setting and files are still in my laptop. However, I cant changed back to the original profile and struck with the temp profile.
Initially i suspect is registry problem so i DL "UPHClean Service" by miscosoft but to no avail. Now currently i suspect it might be the work of a virus. I need help. Thank anyone who help me in advance.

A:User profile path change to user profile path change to C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP :\Documents and Settings...

This morning when i woke up, i discovered a icon named "syminstallstub" on my desktop. I checked online and i believe that it could be a virus. I try to find ways to uninstall it but to no avail I not sure what did my younger brother do to my laptop. I feel that im damn unlucky and encounter 2 problems in a row. Please help me solve my problems.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394384/user-profile-path-change-to-user-profile-path-change-to-cdocuments-and-settingstemp-documents-and-settingstemp/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello, I have just bought a second hand laptop (once again!). I have changed the user name on it to my name (kasim). But the problem is that when i go to Computer and then Users, the user name is still the same as before. The only settings that are on my name is the start menu. Can u please help me change the user name in every setting.

Thanks!

All the settings are the same on this laptop. (Windows Vista, Home Premium etc.)

A:Change User name

Hello Kasim,

When you change your user account name through "User Accounts" in the Control Panel, it only changes the name that is display at log on and in the Start Menu. It will not change the C:\Users\(User-name) folder's original name.

The only way to do this is to create a new account of the same type (administrator or standard), copy the files in all of your old account's C:\Users\(User-name) folder into the corresponding new account's C:\Users\(User-name) folders. After everything checks out ok in the new account, you can then delete the old account from within the new one.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/272905-change-user-name.html
Relevancy 44.29%

In my area, Goodwill sells refurbished computers, and I purchased one. The standard practice of Good Will is to create the default user of the computer. In that regard, there is a locked symbol on that account. And I discovered this Naming after I installed all of the Programs on the computer. I need the default user name changed to my choosing because this default name populates all the fields of nomenclature in all installed programs--some of which have to be changed each time. Is there a way to change the name of the locked default user on my computer? Thanks for any help WilbertC.

A:User Name Change

Hi and welcome to TSF you should really speak to goodwill and have them fix the name issue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-name-change-685173.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Running XP Home. Would like to change a User Name in Documents & Settings, but the system says No. Can this be done? Thanks

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all;

I just bought a new computer with xp on it and the user name is RadioShack.
My name appears in User Accounts as Administrator. Guest is there also.
Under Documents and Settings is "RadioShack"
Very Annoying.
Can you tell me how to change it to my name?
Appreciate any help and thanks.

A:How to Change User Name?

Hi !!!!!!!!!!

follow the instruction:
Control panel>>>administrative tools >>>>> Local Security and policy
>>>> Local policy >>>>> Security option >>>> Accounts: Rename administrator account
Kvijay

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-change-user-name-382571.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Is there a way to change the user name on a Windows XP computer? I replaced someone else in a position and need to keep all their files, etc. But it is annoying to keep logging in as her. And I reallyl don't want to try to figure out how to transfer all her everything into a new user name set up for me. Needless to say, I know any passwords involved.

Thank you

A:Change user name

Scroll down on the page lionked below and it covers changing the user account:
http://help.expedient.net/general/winxp_profiles.shtml

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-user-name.379947/
Relevancy 44.29%

when I setup my new dell inspiron with windows 10, I did not know how it assigned the user names shown on the login, I would like to change them. How can I change the user names. I have 3 and want to change all of them

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-name-change.1164107/
Relevancy 44.29%

Is there a way to change my user name on this website? I tried to look and didn't see anything.

A:Change user name?

Hello Petoskey,

Only an Administrator or Super Mod can change your user name. What would you like to have your user name to be instead? I would be happy to change it for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/272930-change-user-name.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have just installed Windows Xp Pro Sp2 on my computer. I see after everything is completed I have Administrator as my user name what I would like to know is if there is a way to change the user name safely. I have tried to change the name through the control panel but when I click the user account the option to change account name is not listed .

A:Change Win Xp Pro User Name?

You are logged in using the base administrator account. This account cannot be changed. If you want a different user name you can create a new user account with administrative powers. Normally what happens after that is that you will be able to see only the new user account in normal mode and the base "administrator" account will be visible in safe mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-win-xp-pro-user-name.735261/
Relevancy 44.29%

After I installed Windows 10, I created a Microsoft online account to see what it was like. During the process, it changed the name on my local Windows 10 user account. I used Control Panel to go to Users, but there seemed to be no way to change the name back to the original. It's the only account on the computer. Surely changing the name is possible, but how? Will I have to create a new administrator account and delete the old one?

A:Can't change User name

This worked for me:
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/user-account-name-change

Hope it helps.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/10542-cant-change-user-name.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I changed the name of my pc and I am the only user of my pc and do have the admin rights however there is still a folder out there with the old name and I do not have permissions to change it due to it being in settings. I am referring to the folders named
Michael
Public.
Michael should read Tami where do I go to change this?

Thanks

A:change user name

When you "Rename" an user account it ONLY changes the name and NOT the related folder.

The only way to get a new name with a new folder, is to make a new user account and then move/copy all files from the old to the new.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-user-name.1158197/
Relevancy 44.29%

I would like to change my user name on this forum, is this possible. And if so how do I do it? Thanks

Relevancy 44.29%

My computer came with the user name of "Valued Customer". I have changed the account name, but the user name has stayed the same. Can I change the user name in Windows 7, Home Premium?

A:Change User Name

The only way to change the name is to open a new account, transfer everything over and delete the old account.

To avoid being corrected, allow me to add that you probably can by a registry hack, but I would not try a procedure like that, risking a potential problem later on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/97784-change-user-name.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi Guys

I know this might sound easy, but I have spent the last 24 hours trying to do this! I have been trying:

Start - Control Panel - User Accounts - Select User - Change Name

and the user name has changed and I thought everything was okay. However this appears to be only a visible change, as I have a program that uses this name and it is still reporting the previous user name.

Am I missing something? I created a new user account and my program reports the new user name

Any help would be gratefully received

Thanks

Neil

A:How Do I Change A User Name?

Are you using the method described on this page?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108936/how-do-i-change-a-user-name/
Relevancy 44.29%

i have an NT server 4.0 and it automatically logs in. now i want to login as an administrator now, but every time i reboot or control alt delete to log off, it just logs right back on as the auto login guy. how do i sign in as the admin????

A:change user???

Hold down the left shift key while logging off and keep it held down until the system pops-up the logon screen. At that point, type in the new name and password.

Don't hit esc or click cancel or go away for any length of time, as it will proceed to logon with the old user.

After you are through and logoff again, you will get an error message and you will have to re-enter the auto login info at the logon screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-user.73509/
Relevancy 44.29%

I recently bought a used computer. It had a lock screen on it n I don't know password...can you help

A:Change user

I'm afraid not. From the site rules...
Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-user.1171377/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi Mods is it possible to change my user name at all? would like a hyphen between "steve-pressman" like that

Regards

Steve

A:Can I change my user name ?

Quote: Originally Posted by stevepressman

Hi Mods is it possible to change my user name at all? would like a hyphen between "steve-pressman" like that

Regards

Steve

Hi

Have a read of this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...nts.html?ltr=U

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/49578-can-i-change-my-user-name.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I bought a new computer and gave my old one to my wife, both are Win 7 Home Premium. When hers first started it came up with my User name and picture so I changed my name to hers and my picture to hers. Unfortunately that was the only place it changed User names. When I look at the Home Group on my computer I have 2 computers with my name! Also iTunes has my name in the file for hers.
I have Senior Moments and get confused very easily. Is there a correct way to change the User name on her computer to eliminate my confusion?

A:User name change

Welcome to the Forums!

Please refer to the following Tutorial:

User Profile Folder - Change User Account Folder Name

If you still have some questions, at the bottom of the tutorial there are links to other tutorials relevant to your question.

Hope this helps!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/179801-user-name-change.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am a sole account/user (home-based and non-network) with system administrator privileges, except this status is not recognized under Windows Update > Change Settings > Important Updates. The option of selecting automatic updating
and an installation frequency/time is grayed out.  How do I fix?  

A:Win7 Ultimate Sole User Administrator Privileges Not Recognized for Automatic Windows Updates

Hi KiDeb.
Did you have any changes prior this issue?
Could you confirm that Important Updates were installed before?
The possible solution could be this:
Hold WindowsKey + R 
Type: ?regedit?
Hit Enter

Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
Find AUOptions. 
Right Click Modify

You can change the values data from 1 through 5:
1. Download updates but let me choose whether to install them
2. Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them
3. Download updates but let me choose whether to install them
4. Install updates automatically / Never Check For Updates
5. Enable the option box to choose manually

If this doesn't help, you can try this method, but make sure you backup the registry files as you are doing this step on your own and I am not responsible for the possible issue -
Backup registry files in Windows 7
Click ?Start? button.
Select ?Run?.
Type ?regedit? without quotes in the Run window and hit Enter.

Navigate to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
In the right-pane, delete these two values ?AUOptions? and ?NoAutoUpdate?.

Then navigate to this location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\WindowsUpdate
In the right-pane, delete the value ?DisableWindowsUpdateAccess?.
Restart the computer and then try to change the Auto Update Settings.
Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people. This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5039911a-2d35-4f73-9a14-e0ff6f7461e5/win7-ultimate-sole-user-administrator-privileges-not-recognized-for-automatic-windows-updates?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 43.86%

My ftp server run on IIS of Windows server 2003. When romote user change his password,The error happened as follow:

ftp> open 192.168.0.2
Connected to 192.168.0.2.
220 Microsoft FTP Service
User (192.168.0.2none)): Guojianxin
331 Password required for Guojianxin.
Password:
230 User Guojianxin logged in.
ftp> quote site pswd "jackin" "guojianxin"
500 'SITE pswd jackin guojianxin': command not understood
ftp>​
what can I do ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-the-password-of-ftp-user.539233/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello

first of all, I have to say that all worked fine since this morning. I haven't changed anything, maybe it depends on one of the latest automatic update.

Before today, when I clicked on change user (start > disconnect > change user) and chose another user, xp would let me in the other account. Now the account is loaded for a second and then I am sent to the initial screen again (the one where all account are shown): it's like XP won't allow more than one user desktop to be active at a time.

Another thing that I noticed is that there is no more indication of how many programs are running under a certain account (before it would say "x programs are running" and "y mail messages are waiting" or such things).

Basically, XP won't let me in other accounts unless I completely disconnect the first user.

How can I solve this?

Thanks

A:XP sp3: change user not allowed

let me recap

- I start the PC
- initial windows login screen pops up
- I choose any user and I log on perfectly
- start > change user
- initial windows login screen. Now I choose another user: XP will start loading it but after a while I am again to the initial windows login screen. It's like that, since an account is open, it won't let me log on another account.
- still in the windows login screen: I re-log on to the first/open account: it works
- I disconnect this user: so at this moment there are no sessions active
- I am sent to the windows login screen: I select any account and I can log on normally

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-sp3-change-user-not-allowed-432962.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Windows 10 has used my MS account to create my username on windows 10. But it has shorten it.
Let me give you an example to make my question clear:

Imagine my MS account is "[email protected]". When I go to C:\Users I want to have "myname"
But windows 10 has shorten the name and now in C:\Users I have "myna" instead of "myname".

Is it possible to change this name to myname?

A:is it possible to change user's name in windows 10 ?

Hey ... I'm glad you mention this because I was trying to figure out how I did the samething. My self I was probably messing around with 2 or 3 installations of windows 10 and got side track. Now that you mention this I know exactly what you mean and how it got done now, thanks lol . Now to your question . The simple answer is no you can't change it but what you can do is create another account the way you want and afterwards just delete that account with the mistake , make sure you give admin rights . Though in my case I didn't do this but rather it was one of my first installation of windows 10 so I wanted to try doing a few installations, so I ended up doing a re installation lol call me crazy. I like to get the hang of things . Brink the Admin of this board can confirm yes you can and delete the old one afterwards or someone that knows for sure

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/13523-possible-change-users-name-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey. I changed my user account name on Windows 7, and now the account is inaccessible. I have another account on the computer, but I cannot change the name back. Is there any way to make the account accessible again without re-installing Windows? If not, would a full back up from the other account back the data on the inaccessible account up as well as the other account's data? Please help!

A:User Account name change

Press the F8 key repeatedly at boot up or use the Startup disk.

Try a restore to before you changed my user account name
System Restore

System Recovery Options

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/175458-user-account-name-change.html
Relevancy 43.86%

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, x86 Family 15 Model 12 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1023 Mb
Graphics Card: RADEON 9600 Family (Microsoft Corporation), 1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 59835 MB, Free - 43697 MB; X: Total - 179531 MB, Free - 146401 MB;
Motherboard: MSI, MS-6702
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

I have two users both with administrator privileges and can access each others files. I would like to change it so they can only access only their own. Can I do it?

A:Want to change user acess

Not if they are administrators. You shouldn't run as an administrator for an ordinary account, anyway, since malware then has free reign on your machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/want-to-change-user-acess.1052506/
Relevancy 43.86%

I installed Win7 HP and some how named the PC and my network or user name the same.

The PC name is Wilife and the user or log in name is Wilife. I want to change the user name to John like all the other stations on my network.

A:How Do I Change My Logon/ User Name

Welcome
Try control panel
User accounts
Change name

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/126636-how-do-i-change-my-logon-user-name.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I just reinstalled Windows XP Professional (after a failed attempt at a newer operating system) and when I open the user accounts menu and choose change name, the window opens along with a small box saying Unspecified error. After closing it, I try to click in the area to start typing a new name, but nothing happens.

Everything else works, I can create a password, change the picture and what not. It's just the name. I am the only account (thus a computer administrator). Please help.

A:Cannot Change name in User accounts

Click Start / Run and type in the following control userpasswords2 and click OK . Then click the Advanced tab and then the Advanced button. Then remove desired accounts, rename the administrator account and click Apply & OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-change-name-in-user-accounts.887013/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,
I think I have always have had this problem but I don't see why it should be that way - can anyone assist?
Using XP, whenever I change user accounts say from mine to my wife's, the line disconnects and I have to dial up again. It seems to be the case whether I log off completely or just change user.
Thanks

A:Disconnection on user change

Welcome to TSG....

If you are using dial-up that is the way it is the dial-up modem is disconnected during any user change or reboot or shut-down of the computer. If you want a constant connection you have to get broadband like cable or DSL.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disconnection-on-user-change.559128/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

my system is a fully patched win xp sp2 with 2 User accounts (admin and limited). I am running Spybot s&d with tea timer on. Everything has been running smoothly. Yesterday I took some adminstrative action (index.dat suite, deletion of cookies etc) after that tea timer gives a warning "Win Logon, Default User name has been changed from Admin to Limited and back" every time I switch between my accounts. Is this regular xp behavior or did some setting got messed up? I am not using "autoadminlogon" and haven't messed with the winlogon registry entry in any way. At least I think.

Any ideas appreciated. It is quite annoying to have these pop ups every time I change accounts.

Relevancy 43.86%

I'm not talking about simply changing the label in User Accounts in Control Panel, I mean chaning it fully, so that event the directory C:\Documents and Settings\NewUserName reflects the change.

A:Any way to change User Name in Windows XP Pro?

Your only option is to create a new user, log into that user, and the new directory is created.

You can copy the stuff from the old user into the new user's directory, but you'll still have to configure stuff that was in the registry for the new user.

I've done this on W2K to solve a strange Windows Explorer issue for a single user, I just abandoned that user and made another one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-way-to-change-user-name-in-windows-xp-pro.101636/
Relevancy 43.86%

I purchased a solid state drive, had Windows 7 Professional installed on it, and had the drive installed in a laptop computer; love the performance of my refurbished laptop , except on the System drive in the Users account the name Owner appears. Where did this come from?

When I go to User Accounts in the Control Panel and click on Manage Accounts, Owner does not appear. Why?

KCav

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385157-how-change-user-name-owner.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i want to change the name in the red circle...my account name from control panel says its Jeff. and the licensed owner is jeff....i want that changed to jeff please....can i get some help?

A:How Do I Change The User Profile Name?

Hello,

In the User accounts section on control panel there should be an option to change the name. However this does not change the name in the command prompt or the documents and settings. I had this problem a while back and the solution I chose was to create another account with the correct name and transfer my files accross to the new account then deleting my old one. Its a lot of hassle, but it fixed the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/139836/how-do-i-change-the-user-profile-name/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I m having trouble with the following scenario I connected a workstations running Windows XP Home to a Server Windows Server I setup a user name on the server we ll say quot jondoe quot At the workstation I changed the existing user account name in control panel to match the server jondoe original user name was quot Owner quot typical for XP Home I also set matching passwords for jondoe on the server and workstation I then rebooted and logged in as jondoe -- Name Help! Issue Change Please XP User on the workstation Normally I d be able to access the server without additional popup windows or quot access denied quot errors if the workstation login password matches the server s login password for a given user HOWEVER this is not the case I either get additional login windows or quot access denied quot From what I can see the login name and or credentials being passed to the server is still quot Owner quot and NOT quot jondoe quot If I setup on the server an quot XP User Name Change Issue -- Please Help! Owner quot account I connect fine But I can t use quot Owner quot XP User Name Change Issue -- Please Help! I have other workstations to connect with quot Owner quot accounts Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-user-name-change-issue-please-help.706602/
Relevancy 43.86%

Purchased new computer, gave other computer to sister which had original Win98/Win98SE on it, she upgraded to WinXP, registered under her name; however, computer retained MY name, and everything we've tried to eliminate ownership of computer from my name to hers has not worked. Does anyone know how to do this? Tried: logoff, user, system properties changing, etc. If it is a registry change, please indicate step-by-step because the registry makes me nervous! Thanks for whatever help you can offer.

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all, here is a good one for you NT gurus out there.
we have been having a few calls about users that can NOT change the network password, they get the error: "Unable to change the password for Microsoft Networking because of the following error: Access has been denied.
I have checked on the Microsoft site and found a couple of articles (Q 128490 & Q 198941) about it but did not resolve this Issue, Does anybody has a clue about this? What is preventing users to change the password?

A:User cannot change password

Maybe a restriction?

Take a look in Regedt32 at the following keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.

If you find values like NoPwdPage or maybe NoSecCPL there, they could be responsible.

Good luck,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-cannot-change-password.63868/
Relevancy 43.86%

it not allowing me to click on browse option ...plz also help me...

A:Can't change user picture

Are you using a legit version of Windows or a crack/hack ?

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/17554-cant-change-user-picture.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I prefer to use an account linked to my Microsoft Account for various reasons, but I hate that it displays my full name on the login screen, on the Start Menu, ect.

Is there any way to edit the user text so it shows something different?

A:Change user name on Account?

Try this,,, goto Charms bar settings
Change PC Settings at the bottom
click on More Settings on line and you can change the name there.
This will affect your email account as well

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/11096-change-user-name-account.html
Relevancy 43.86%

want to upgrade to windows 8.1 but i opened command prompt and saw i was logged in as user.
how do i change to admin to scan the system in order to continue my upgrade

A:how to change user to administrator

Open the command prompt with Administrator privileges and then type in net user administrator /active: yes before hitting the Enter key. Once it's told you this works, close the command prompt, log off, and now you should see the built-in Administrator account appear as a logon option. Click on that and, if it has no password, ensure you apply one once the profile is created.

Do what you need to do with that, log off, log into the original profile, open the command prompt with Administrator privileges and then type in net user administrator /active: no before hitting the Enter key. This will deactivate the built-in Administrator account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-user-to-administrator.1159584/
Relevancy 43.86%

I don't know if this is suppose to go in this forum, but I was wondering on how to change the name of my computer's user. I changed it in the profile part, but I still see the name "Ben", the previous owner, on most of the files and things.

see? I want to change that part. Does anyone know how? Thanks

A:Solved: Change the name of my user?

You need to make a User account with the name you want, copy all of your files form the old account to the new one. BUT, you will NOT be able to use the same name that you changed the old one to, with out renaming it to something else.

After a few days and you are sure that you have ALL of YOUR files and data, you can then delete the old user account and files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-change-the-name-of-my-user.805919/
Relevancy 43.86%

Plz tell me how to change user name in c drive from this user name to my name.I changed administrative name but this name has not changed..Help me

A:Change user name in C Drive

Hello Mueenhasan,

The best way to do so would be to create a new account with the name you wanted.

However, the tutorial below can help show you how to properly change the name of your "C:\Users\(user-name)" folder. It's the same procedure in Windows 8.

User Profile Folder - Change User Account Folder Name - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/23680-change-user-name-c-drive.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I just setup my new computer. There is only 1 account, which was setup originally as administrator. It was changed to user and now I would like to change it back to administrator. How do I do this? FYI...when I click on add or remove user accounts, it asks for an administrator password, since I'm no longer an administrator, the password space is blocked.

A:Change user to administrator

Only the administrator can give admin rights. I have no idea if this would work, but you could open the cmd prompt as administrator and enter

net user administrator /active:yes

This may make the administrator account show up. Your mileage may vary...

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/247779-change-user-administrator.html
Relevancy 43.86%

h

how to change from default profil to hp-HP\hp (my profil)?
please help me, cause frequent error

sorry for bad english

A:how to change user profile ?

dimashandoyo you want to change your Windows account Username?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306153-how-change-user-profile.html
Relevancy 43.86%

When shutting my desktop, Windows-7 automatically downloaded its latest update, asking me not to power off my PC.
The next day I started my PC and a window appeared asking me to either create-a-new-profile or select an existing profile.
Not knowing which profile I've been happily using, I chose "Default" profile.
Windows started but...
I lost all my bookmarks
Some of my cookies were erased so I had to enter my user-id and password at sites I visit daily.
On the right-portion where I enter URL's of sites I visit; there used-to-be a "search" field, it's gone.
How can I go back to where I can select the user-profile; before Windows did its latest update ??
It's definitely not the one I erroneously chose (default)

Thank You
Class59

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393300-how-i-change-my-user-profile.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello first of all I have to say that all worked fine allowed user not XP sp3: change since this morning I haven t changed anything maybe it depends on one of the latest automatic update Before XP sp3: change user not allowed today when I clicked on change user start gt disconnect gt change user and chose another user xp would let me in the other account Now the account is loaded for a second and then I am sent to the initial screen XP sp3: change user not allowed again the one where all account are shown it s like XP won t allow more than one user desktop to be active at a time Another thing that I noticed is that there is no more indication of how many programs are running under a certain account before it would say quot x programs are running quot and quot y mail messages are waiting quot or such things Basically XP won t let me in other accounts unless I completely disconnect the first user How can I solve this Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

OK, I just clean installed Win 8.1 on a new motherboard and CPU, I left the internet turned off so that I only have a local Admin account.
The issue is I screwed up with my user name Clinton J. Wright I put an extra space between j. Wright
I have change this using control panel/ user
But I still can't log on to the rest of my Peer to Peer network, as I have that set up to use" Authorized Users" with my user info on all units.
So I'm thinking there must be a register entry that I'm going to have to edit to correct this issue, Anyone have any ideas

A:How to change User Name in Registry

You would have to rename your user I think. See Renaming user account folder

It would probably be easier to set up a new user and delete the old one though.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62436-how-change-user-name-registry.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I purchased a solid state drive, had Windows 7 Professional installed on it, and had the drive installed in a laptop computer; love the performance of my refurbished laptop , except on the System drive in the Users account the name Owner appears. Where did this come from?

When I go to User Accounts in the Control Panel and click on Manage Accounts, Owner does not appear. Why?

KCav

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/385157-how-change-user-name-owner.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi can someone please help me with this i have a Windows Vista PC x and i usually create administrator right accounts and one standard user account on my pc unfortunately User account change for me i deleted one of my adminisrator accounts and so i was left with one and i upgraded my Vista to Windows Professional sometime yesterday i am not really sure how i lost administrator priveleges in the account so now i have two standard accounts but no administrator and the default administrator password has been changed earlier and i dont remember what it is how can i change one of my standard User account change users to an administrator Now anytime i try to install something i can't because i User account change have no administrative rights i cannot afford to format because i will lose a lot of programs that i have paid for i cant even back up the keys because i have no administrative rights can someone please help me It would be greatly appreciated Is there a command i DOS or some form of a recovery disk that can help me out I had not made a restore point when i upgraded so that was could not help either

A:User account change

Hello Aaron, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if using a Peppermint 3 live DVD/USB may allow you to be able to back up anything that you do not want to lose before having to reinstall Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...cy-backup.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/281369-user-account-change.html
Relevancy 43.86%

A friend, upon setup misspelled his name so the main User folder is incorrect. can he rename it? I know rename is not an option when right-clicking.

A:Can I change the main User name?

It is easier to create a new correct username and migrate to that user than making corrections to the existing user.

After complete migration (which includes copying all the data files from the default user's profile to the new user's profile) you can delete the old user name.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/194981-can-i-change-main-user-name.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have set up my partners computer with two users - Admin User Default Change and one for her She has a habit of turning the computer on and going away for some time an hour or so while it boots up She tells me that sometimes when she gets back to the computer it has booted into the Admin user I Default User Change do not password protect that user I cannot understand how that happens except Default User Change I have noticed that this user is the default user Default User Change in that there is a box around it and just pressing Return takes it system into that user profile So my questions are Is it possible that after some time waiting for a user selection the machine adopts the 'default' user Everything I know suggests not Is there a way of changing the 'default' user It may be that she presses Return to turn the screen on after leaving it and by so doing selects the Admin user I realise I can password protect the Admin user and that would solve the problem but I would really like to understand what is going on

A:Default User Change

Hello John,

I suppose this could be from her being logged into the Admin account and put the PC to sleep. If it is from a cold boot, then she may have press Enter/Return at the right time to basically select the Admin account to log in to. The Admin account would be listed first by default since it's normally first alphabetically. Without a password, Windows would log right into it when selecting it.

One option would be to password protect the Admin account so that it cannot be logged in to by mistake. This would be the easiest option.

Another option would be to set Windows to require users to enter both a user name and password to log in instead of just selecting a user and entering that account's password. Log On with User Name and Password
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/302369-default-user-change.html