Windows Support Forum

Unable to browse the internet Windows 7

Q: Unable to browse the internet Windows 7

I am finding this problem to be a bit of a puzzler I have pc s networked together and connected to the internet through a switch and Unable the browse internet 7 to Windows then to a BTrouter all connected via Ethernet cabling None will connect to any page using IE one Unable to browse the internet Windows 7 has google chrome that will open google do a search if Unable to browse the internet Windows 7 I type in a subject but if I try to open one of the found pages it won t open them if I type in a website address same problem If I go into windows Live mail it will send and receive mails suggesting to me that internet is connected I have ran scans with Combofix and Malwarebytes which found next to nothing and booted into safe mode but still no success I can access the software on the routers so that connection is fine Have rebooted router and also changed the router for a different make and still no success both routers seem to tell me that broadband is connected This was all working OK some days ago and then all stopped working Any suggestions would be gratefully received nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to browse the internet Windows 7

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unable to browse the internet Windows 7

Let's try this; using an Admin user login, get the command prompt and then enter:

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
Quit any existing browser, restart a browser and try Google again.
If you can run like this (btw: it will be slower to resolve the url), then we need to investigate youretc\hosts file. If you still can't surf the net correctly, we need to dig deeper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-browse-the-internet-windows-7.198415/
Relevancy 67.08%

On my laptop, I am connected to the internet, and can access MSN Live messenger (and hold conversations with people). However, if I try to access any webpages it comes up as page not displayed, and the diagnosis comes up as having no problems. I have tried accessing Google Chrome, error message reads:Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET). I have also tried accessing Safari, error reads 'unknown error (kCFErrorDomainWinSock:10054), and also windows explorer, which has no error code. I really dont understand how how I am coming up as connected, and able to access MSN Messenger, but nothing else?? My work laptop, and flatmates laptop are both working fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Unable to Browse internet

Hello,

Please do not duplicate your Posts/Threads, you will be assisted here.

Closed!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-browse-internet-502082.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey I have mozilla and ie on a vista home version and i can connect to the internet but i can't browse any page........I dont really want to reinstall vista yet as a last resort.

Please advise!
Thanks

A:Unable to Browse Internet

hi and welcome to TSF when did this start have you been able to browse the internet at any time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-browse-internet-369102.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have exactly the same problem as the guy who said that he was somehow barely receiving any packets I did all the ping to unable browse internet test you suggested Here is what unable to browse internet I ve got Microsoft unable to browse internet Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Roberto Virtucio gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Roberto Virtucio gt ping google com Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Roberto Virtucio gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping unable to browse internet statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Roberto Virtucio gt I have an XP OS and a broadcom b g wlan The desktop computer vista has no problem connecting to the interned either wireless or hardwired PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi all i am unable to browse the internet with IE or Firefox but i do have a connection to the internetI can ping www bbc co ukSpybot S amp D full scan - infection found and fixed - nd scan cleanVirus scan found Vundo and fixed - nd scan Internet To Browse Unable came back clean - rd scan with Stinger came back cleanAlso scanned with Vundofix - cleanCould someone please review my HT log and perhaps see a fix some thing is definately blocking IE amp Firefox ThanksLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot Unable To Browse Internet mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system Unable To Browse Internet csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Unable To Browse Internet Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exeC PROGRA NETWOR COMMON naPrdMgr exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system wdfmgr exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC PROGRA XEROXO ONETOU EXEC PROGRA TEXTBR Bin INSTAN EXEC Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exeC WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXEC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXEC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exeC Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack TBMon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exeC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared CapabilityManager exeC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dl... Read more

A:Unable To Browse Internet

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum jaguar 616My name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Click on Start/Run,type CMD then press Ok.At the command prompt copy and paste NETSH WINSOCK RESET then press Enter.Type ipconfig /flushdns then press Enter.Type EXIT press Enter again,restart your pc.Now try connecting to the internet.If you still can't connect to the internet,try in 'Safe Mode with Networking':Reboot your computer into SAFE MODE using the F8 method. To do this,restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode with Networking".If you have previously downloaded ComboFix,please delete that version now.WarningYou should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert,not for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could render your system/pc inoperable.Now download Combofix and save to your desktop:Note It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers.Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt unless I ask.NoteIn case your Antivirus or any other realtime scanner is displaying an alert after you downloaded Combofix or while you use Combofix,please disable your scanner and redownload Combofix again.Some scanners may see some combofix related components as suspicious and block or delete them while there's nothing wrong with them.Also post a new Hijackthis log please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/124114/unable-to-browse-internet/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have an office in NY that is completely unable to browse the internet However they are able to use and connect to applications in the Denver office It seems to be intermittant This has been going on for a few days now It will work fine for hours then just seems to suddenly drop and it down for aqhile then magically comes back up When trying to access www google com or any other website they are getting a page cannot be displayed error In the status bar at the bottom is this error message site res C WINNT System shdoclc dll dnserror htm I ran a Hijack this on a machine out there and here is the output Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT System termsrv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT System llssrv exe C Program Files VERITAS NetBackup bin BPINETD EXE C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe c Program files AdminMagicService RepService exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C Program Files UltraVNC WinVNC exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System msdtc exe C WINNT system Dfssvc exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exe C WINNT System SCardSvr exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system rdpclip exe C internet to Unable browse WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Unable to browse internet SmcGui exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PARTMINERICA pn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system wuauclt exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exe C WINNT system cmd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files RegCure RegCure exe C Program Files Trend Unable to browse internet Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run WinVNC quot C Program Files UltraVNC WinVNC exe quot -servicehelper O - HKLM Run Tweak UI RUNDLL EXE TWEAKUI CPL TweakMeUp O - HKLM Run BelNotify C WINNT system rundll exe C PROGRA Belarc Advisor System NPBelv dll RunDll BelNotify O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce SetupICWDesktop C Program Files Internet Explorer Connection Wizard icwconn exe desktop User 'Default user' O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINNT web related htm O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINNT web related htm O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip CF A - A B- AB-A F- E D D Domain partminer com O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip CF A - A B- AB-A F- E D D NameServer O - Winlogon Notify SEP - C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection WinLogoutNotifier dll O - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe O - Service Symantec Settings Manager ccSetMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe O - Service Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service dmadmin - VERITAS Software Corp - C WINNT System dmadmin exe O - Service LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE O - Service NetBackup Client Service NetBackup INET Daemon - VERITAS Software Corporation - C Program Files VERITAS NetBackup bin BPINETD EXE O - Service Symantec Management Client SmcService - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exe O - Service Symantec Network Access Control SNAC - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Symantec Syma... Read more

A:Unable to browse internet

Hi My name is Extremeboy (or EB for short), and I will be helping you with your log.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you do not make a reply in 5 days, we will need to close your topic.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favourites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic. The topics you are tracking can be found here.Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself. Please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply.Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just post back here so that we know you're still here.If you still require assistance post a new set of DDS Logs and a description of any remaining problems or symptoms you may still have please.If for any reason you did not post a DDS log please refer to this page and in step #6 there is instructions on downloading and running DDS. IF you have any problems just let me know in your next reply or simply post a Hijackthis log.Thanks again and we apologzie for the delay.With Regards,Extremeboy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233245/unable-to-browse-internet/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello We have a setup of computers in LAN We have one Domain with windows OS and all users are authenticated by active directory in domain We have a member server with windows and having two network card One is used for LAN and other for internet we are using routers and switches for LAN Domain IP subnet gateway DNS prefered This is done so that computers with say ip add can access the domain for applications running on it say oracle database Member server having NIC Lan Nic IP subnet internet Unable in to browse LAN DNS prefered Internet Nic IP subnet gateway DNS prefered ISP ip address xx x secondry ISP ip address xx xxx Now our problem is the computers with ip add are able to connect to the domain but not able to browse the internet Please suggest how to proceed and whether any settings have to be done in router and remote settings Users are firing us Matter urgent Thanks in advance Unable to browse internet in LAN hmtmbx nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-browse-internet-in-lan.905439/
Relevancy 67.08%

My husband amp I try to remotely support his father's HP desktop In the last month or so he can get email TeamViewer for remote access works fine we can ping websites by name and IP but cannot browse to them by name or IP We have done all the things recommended on MS site for Fix Network Connection Fix network connection issues - Windows Help but nothing has worked so far We have reset router and cable modem verified network drivers flushed DNS verified browser DNS settings This computer is hardwired other computer on wifi on same network works fine We are hours away We made a generic quot recovery drive quot on a flash drive and sent it to him but usb keyboard and mouse won't work for him to use that option Tried ps mouse won't work to Internet Unable Browse We don't know where to go next Keep in mind my FIL is years old so help from his end is negligible at best Initially ran Network troubleshooter few times with no errors found Now it gives Missing Protocol says it fixes it but doesn't

Read this and see if this is something you are after
How To Provide Remote Support With Windows Remote Assistance

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39960-unable-browse-internet.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey I have mozilla and ie on a vista home version and i can connect to the internet but i can't browse any page........I dont really want to reinstall vista yet as a last resort.

Please advise!
Thanks

check your connection... make sure ur not on "working offline"... local access or wireless. i need to know that to help you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-browse-internet-369119.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I am running a desktop computer on Window's XP 32 BIT.

I am unable to use certain sites on Google Chome, I will get an SSL Error.    Below is what it said

Cannot connect to the real portal.microsoftonline.com

Something is currently interfering with your secure connection to portal.microsoftonline.com.
Try to reload this page in a few minutes or after switching to a new network. If you have recently connected to a new Wi-Fi network, finish logging in before reloading.
If you were to visit portal.microsoftonline.com right now, you might share private information with an attacker. To protect your privacy, Chrome will not load the page until it can establish a secure connection to the real portal.microsoftonline.com.

Also, when using internet explorer I will often get the message "your browser does not support this action" and then "unable to complete action.  The following error has occured 'xmlhttp' is null or not an object."

A:Unable to browse internet

Try checking your BIOS date and time/ Windows Time and change to current.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545120/unable-to-browse-internet/
Relevancy 66.22%

I upgraded my OS from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows Ultimate When all was done and over updates installed and so on I upgraded the Internet Explorer as well from Unable browse Internet to IM to or but connected IE included in the Win install to IE I used to have IE before on Vista A little bit after that I had to uninstall re-install the VPN client for my work and things started going south Currently after I start the computer the MSN Messenger is not working the Yahoo Unable to browse or IM but connected to Internet messenger is not working IE Firefox and Chrome are not working IE just hangs sometimes is displaying lt endif gt but it seems to find the sites because I can see the icon of the page changing Chrome is not able to connect even to google Unable to browse or IM but connected to Internet com but it let s me down nicely doesn t hog resources like IE does The Internet connection is fine because I can ping I can connect to my work s VPN sometimes even some https pages are briefly working Once I connect to the VPN everything works great Now comes the weird part after I connect to the VPN and disconnect the browsers work the IM works so something gets reset in that process and makes it fine but I have no idea what NOTE IE is still barely moving - you request a page go get a snack and maybe it has loaded I have looked at numerous threads on different forums and I tried a lot of stuff but nothing seems to solve the problem I tried the netsh winsock netsh int ipconfig flushdns msconfig to boot in safe mode I even uninstalled the antivirus remove the IE update from Win reinstalled it used netstat to see the connections etc etc So my question is what happens when VPN gets started that makes it possible for me to browse even after I disconnect from it nbsp

A:Unable to browse or IM but connected to Internet

I upgraded my OS from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate.Click to expand...

That's a pretty expensive upgrade. Especially considering that you didn't do it until almost three years after Windows 7 was released. Why? And from where did you purchase it?

So my question is what happens when VPN gets started that makes it possible for me to browse even after I disconnect from it?Click to expand...

Usually a VPN will block all other networking (resembles a firewall in that regard) when it is running. When you exit from it, it should stop blocking other networking. That seems to be working. Sometimes just having a VPN installed, but not in use, will cause networking trouble. So I think that your question should be, "why is my networking blocked before I use the VPN?".

Maybe some startup program that prepares for a quick start when you access the VPN? Maybe a firewall or security suite that is corrupted or mis-configured but somehow gets "fixed" by the VPN? Maybe something about just having the VPN installed that we won't be able to figure out?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-browse-or-im-but-connected-to-internet.1067866/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello All,
i am using Win Xp Home and as my subject suggests that i can ping websites but am unable to browse the internet ...what might be the problem..whenever i open IE it says Page Cannopt Be Displayed but i can ping any website and it is resolved correctly
Farhan

Relevancy 66.22%

Right so when I got home this evening I was looking internet browse Unable or to generally use forward to some relaxed Unable to browse or generally use internet surfing and Unable to browse or generally use internet checking on my mail and such but as you've guessed that didn't happen Basically the problem is as follows I am able to get an adress from my router I am able to ping inside and outside the network the rest of my family's computers including the laptop I'm writing this on works I am however unable to connect to applications and surf the web msn cannot log on and Firefox and Iexplorer gives blank pages with quot cancelled connections quot I once during the evening managed to log on to msn but not initiate any new connections Routerrelated lookups I've tested two different cables from two different interfaces on the router which on switch resulted in working for seconds and same on switching back checked settings on the router if it was blocking or such Also tried powering it on and off IP and the like I Pinged the gateway I pinged the other computers I pinged yahoo I pinged the ISP all of which works Tried both static and dynamic addressing I also tried direct connection to the isp with no result Hardware lookups I tried disabling and reenabling tried reinstalling them putting in another NIC Which I had lying around Software lookups I've checked and rechecked IP's and DNS' I've reset with the netsh and winsock I''ve run a full scan on the computer no viruses or the like was found latest version of Avast I tried disabling it and even uninstalling it as from what I found it seemed to be a common cause Tried several resets of the computer I can surf and chat and whatever normally in safemode I also tried using a restorpoint which was days prior to the error's occurance and I add to the fact that I have not made any changes to the system other than what would be automatic updates Running the diagnostics of win concluded that the fault was on the server side but that in my opinion is quite unplausable seeing I'm the only one in the household having any issues with this excluding ISP from it and I really doubt that youtube microsoft different forums and other random websites having the same issue all trough an evening of hours I'v pretty much run out of idea by now any help would be appreciated Sekai

A:Unable to browse or generally use internet

Quote: Originally Posted by sekai

Right, so when I got home this evening, I was looking forward to some relaxed surfing and checking on my mail and such, but as you've guessed, that didn't happen.

Basically, the problem is as follows, I am able to get an adress from my router, I am able to ping inside and outside the network, the rest of my family's computers, including the laptop I'm writing this on, works. I am, however, unable to connect to applications and surf the web, msn cannot log on and Firefox and Iexplorer gives blank pages with "cancelled connections". I once during the evening managed to log on to msn but not initiate any new connections.

Routerrelated lookups; I've tested two different cables from two different interfaces on the router which on switch resulted in working for 2 seconds, and same on switching back, checked settings on the router if it was blocking or such. Also tried powering it on and off.

IP and the like; I Pinged the gateway, I pinged the other computers, I pinged yahoo, I pinged the ISP, all of which works. Tried both static and dynamic addressing. I also tried direct connection to the isp(with no result).

Hardware lookups; I tried disabling and reenabling, tried reinstalling them, putting in another NIC (Which I had lying around)

Software lookups; I've checked and rechecked IP's and DNS', I've reset with the netsh and winsock. I''ve run a full scan on the computer, no viruses or the like was found (latest version of Avast!), I tried disabling it and even uninstalling it (as from what I found it seemed to be a common cause). Tried several resets of the computer. I can surf and chat and whatever normally in safemode.
I also tried using a restorpoint, which was 5 days prior to the error's occurance, and I add to the fact that I have not made any changes to the system other than what would be automatic updates.
Running the diagnostics of win7 concluded that the fault was on the server side, but that, in my opinion, is quite unplausable seeing I'm the only one in the household having any issues with this, excluding ISP from it, and I really doubt that youtube, microsoft, different forums and other random websites having the same issue all trough an evening of 6 hours.

I'v pretty much run out of idea by now, any help would be appreciated.

Sekai

Seki

Hi and oouch. I feel that pain. A couple of things I am curious about. The things that dont work (broswers) all use port 80, or 8080. Ping, lookups, etc dont.

The other thing. If you are using homegroup and hence IPv6, you may be experiencing the wonderful nature of MS networking first hand. IPv6 has been shown to cause connectivity probs, random drops, slow download, etc.

two ways to approach it. you could make a work model workgroup and try it with IPv6 disabled.

One other thing. Try safe booting with networking and see if it still happens. maybe there is some component of AV, firewall giving you grief.

Just some out of left field thoughts.
\
If this doesnt work PM me
Kenn J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/43537-unable-browse-generally-use-internet.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I'm unable to browse internet on my old p4/xp desktop pc, the internet
gets connected but it doesn't load any pages at all, neither the
browsers work nor any installer application works, it shows connection
error, i use a bluetooth or USB connection via my cell phone,. I can
browse internet via the same connection on my laptop but not on my
desktop, is it some virus/spyware or is it some hardware/software
settings issue? how to diagnose the problem? please help...
and yeah also suggest me any portable anti-virus that I can take from my
laptop to my desktop because there is no internet on my desktop so
can't update anything...

A:Connected to internet but unable to browse

Run some scans with general AV softwares, and it wouldn't harm to post a HJT log to the malware removal forum just to make sure the issue isn't malware related. If it isn't malware, try resetting the router. If this dosen't work, try disabling your network adapter and re-enabling. If none of these work, run CMD as an administrator, type in ipconfig /release, hit enter and wait. Then ipconfig /flushdns, after this, ipconfig /renew. One of these should help your problem. If not, nothing else comes to mind and I'm sorry that I cannot assist further.

EDIT: Make sure to do the CMD commands in that order, wait for them to complete each time.

- Agglomerate

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487011/connected-to-internet-but-unable-to-browse/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have this problem of comptr connecting to internet but I am unable to browse using IE and Mozilla Firefox. I tried fixing winsock and also reinstalling TCP/IP. It has not worked. I could log on to skype and chat as well as talk. I wonder what is wrong. Is it a DNS problem? If so, how do I fix it? Would be grateful or an early solution.

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello I am having an issue with a computer any means internet Unable browse by to that otherwise works fine I am unable to browse any website via domain name or IP address with any web browser Things Unable to browse internet by any means I have tried include Problem Cannot connect to internet with any web browser Notes - PING works internet connectivity with other applications work - ALL web browsers affected even portable variants - Direct IP and web address does not work HTTP - Seems to be a DNS issue ping uses DNS and succeeds - Linux connectivity works is NOT a hardware issue - Affects all network connections wireless or ethernet tested different wifi connections Process - Network Diagnostics NOT RESOLVED Inconclusive - Reset browser settings NOT RESOLVED - Driver reinstallation NOT RESOLVED - svc scannow NOT RESOLVED No issues detected - Safe Mode usage NOT RESOLVED Issue persists - svchost exe replacement NOT RESOLVED - All firewalls turned off NOT RESOLVED AVG also off all Domain Private and Public windows variants off as well - Group Policy reset NOT RESOLVED - New user created NOT RESOLVED - MalwareBytes Scan NOT RESOLVED No related issues detected Safe Mode also inconclusive - HOSTS File NOT RESOLVED Machine Specs Windows Home Premium x Any help wpuld be most greatful Thanks Jake

A:Unable to browse internet by any means

What about other machines on the same network? It could be a network based firewall preventing access...

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/344125-unable-browse-internet-any-means.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I am using a Dell Latitude E Laptop and have been wirelessly connected to our home internet for several years without any problems However of late I have been having problems browsing despite my connection being OK and signal being very good I am able to still listen to music on spotify as well as browse! but to internet, Connected unable to chat on facebook but cannot load web pages or search for anything on youtube google etc I use google chrome but experience Connected to internet, but unable to browse! the same problem on IE I have checked whether it is a problem with malware and have removed all threats but still the problem persists the only way I have found of temporarily fixing it is disabling the wireless Connected to internet, but unable to browse! and reconnecting whereby it will work perfectly again for anything between - minutes I have not changed my router recently so do not think that is the issue I m beginning it may just be a hardware fault with the laptop Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated Leeus nbsp

A:Connected to internet, but unable to browse!

Same problem or work OK with an ethernet connection?

What OS?

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-internet-but-unable-to-browse.1067136/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey everybody i found this forum and browsed around a bit and it seems theres a lot of smart computer guys here so hopefully someone can help me A couple weeks ago for some reason i could no longer use the internet to bit IE, i internet using Unable IE browse unless 64 choose the explorer i had always used to browse the internet and also couldnt use google chrome browser that i also sometimes used Unable to browse internet using IE, unless i choose the IE 64 bit Then i noticed an Internet Explorer -bit option on my computer never knew what it was so i opened that and now i can browse the internet with that But i cant view any videos on youtube and a lot of the webpages are limited in what it will show me and seems very slow Do i have a firewall issue or something I m really confused as to why Unable to browse internet using IE, unless i choose the IE 64 bit this happened and I m just stumped as to what to do Thanks in advance for anybody that can get me going in the right direction help is much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

hey guys, just got a new computer and i have some issues that i cannot figure out. I opened the comp, and everything starts fine. i can not use internet explor. for some reason. it will load google and youtube fine, but everything else it wont seem to. it gives me a failure to connect message. it also will not allow me to update windows, or even go to microsoft. i have turned on/off windows firewall ect. everything i can think of- which isnt a whole lot. i know it is connecting to the internet because like i said it will go to a coulpe sites. other than that it wont download or anything. my os is windows 7 home premium. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 66.22%

hey ive got an acer laptop with windows vista on it and i am connecting to the internet wirelesly and through ethernet cable but the same problem keeps happening.. the internet is connected and has full connectivity but nothing will load in either explorer or firefox, both saying they cannot connect to the internet; both troubleshooters show no error. These 2 programs seem to be the only ones not working too cause i can login to msn messenger and download system updates etc etc

any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to view browse 64 internet 8 Suddenly to WIN unable my post About two weeks ago I was suddenly unable to connect to the internet despite having a full wireless connection I am using an n WLAN USB card which checks out fine in device manager Naturally I ran Spybot and Malwarebytes to check for a virus they discovered a few things but nothing particularly sinister Then Suddenly unable to browse internet WIN 8 64 I checked windows firewall to see if the problem lied there But when trying to access the firewall I would get the error x c restricting me from accessing it in any way I tried a system restore and sfc scannow command prompt to no avail I also tried Microsoft's official solution to this problem with no success ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name GREG Operating System Windows Pro -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Suddenly unable to browse internet WIN 8 64 Core TM i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode Help me TSF you're my only hope

Relevancy 65.79%

I am using the broadband services of an internet provider in Quebec named Acanac-Inc. From the past few days, I am unable to access internet through WiFi. The internet is showing connected. But when we try to access a webpage it shows like "Cannot be displayed". I tried the same with a LAN cable connecting the laptop directly, and it works fine. What could be the problem behind this. If anybody knows, please share some tips to resolve this.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/73709-internet-showing-connected-but-unable-browse.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I can ping to 4.2.2.2 but the result says "pinging 0y" instead of pinging 4.2.2.2
I cant reach the internet with firefox or ie8
i cant get an ip address though dhcp but when i set one manually it can ping
I have run a complete scan with malwarebytes and it comes back clean
the latest anivir pro is running and reports no problems
Please help

A:Computer is unable to browse internet after removal

Are you positive you are clean? Malwarebytes doesn't catch everything that can cause that. Have you shown your logs in the Am I Infected forum?

Jake

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/322711/computer-is-unable-to-browse-internet-after-removal/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi All,
I have a rather strange problem. The solutions mentioned in this and other forums didn't really help. When I turn my recently bought laptop on and get connected to the internet (wireless ADSL) with no issues. Later on, I couldn't find exactly what triggers it, suddenly I can not browse internet anymore- except for google sites like google.com, gmail etc. My Skype works and I can talk & use the video, I can download using utorrent. I can ping google sites, but I can't ping the modem. I can't ping the ISP. I reset the modem and the PC and sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn't??? I use LENOVO G550 with W7 Starter. I'm running clueless, please help!

Relevancy 65.79%

I have a computer running Windows Vista It seemed to have had some viruses so I removed them but I still cannot browse the internet I can get windows updates and the computer is showing connected but no browsing in any browser I browse Internet computer connected Unable but to is suspect it is a virus Please see my HiJack logs and if anyone can help that would be great I do not want to reformat Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT SP MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C Unable to browse Internet but computer is connected Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Unable to browse Internet but computer is connected Files Common Files microsoft shared Works Shared WkCalRem exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Users tracy Documents HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL Unable to browse Internet but computer is connected http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN CA amp c amp bd Presario amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn ca SEENCA SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B C AC BB E dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - HKLM Run CanonMyPrinter C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe logon O - HKLM Run CanonSolutionMenu C Program Files Canon SolutionMenu CNSLMAIN exe logon O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - H... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-browse-internet-but-computer-is-connected.882799/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello everybody I hope you will be able to advise me on a very irritating problem I internet but to to unable Connects browse. Solved: ve been experiencing with my netbook My flatmates and I recently got Sky broadband - their laptops connect just fine to the internet and they are able to use it without any problems Mine also connects but I can t do things like browse or use Skype Solved: Connects to internet but unable to browse. etc When I go into Google Chrome I m told there is a DNS error that was unable to be resolved Mozilla tells me that I have a problem with my server and IE doesn t work either Also I am receiving very few packets For every or so packets that are sent I only receive or When I click repair I am told that my IP address cannot be renewed The thing is the internet works on my netbook at my mother s house yet it doesn t work in my flat or other places like wifi spots I ve tried so many things such as clearing the DNS cache releasing and renewing IP address I ve set the properties of the wireless connection to obtain DNS and IP automatically I ve tried pinging I ve turned off all my firewalls I tried system restore I ve fiddled with certain keys in the registry I even rebooted my entire hard disk last night and it still doesn t work I m really at my wit s end with this and I don t know what else to do The problem is way beyond my comprehension now My netbook is a Toshiba NB which runs Windows XP I d greatly appreciate any help you may be able to offer me nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Currently I am showing that I am connected to the internet with no issues but when I open a browser or open Skype anything requiring an internet connection i am unable to connect I have been looking all over the forums but browse internet the to a to connection unable Showing trying to find a solution So far I have verified my DNS server is working ok as I can ping both the ip as well as Google in the command prompt with no issues I have tried multiple browsers Google Chrome IE and Mozilla Firefox all with no luck Showing a connection to the internet but unable to browse I have tried ipconfig release and renew with no luck It is important to note also that I am typing this up on my laptop using the same direct connection I'm using for my PC with absolutely no issues whatsoever I have also seen a lot of threads saying that it may be a proxy server but I triple checked in the internet options that no proxy servers were being used After troubleshooting this for about hours yesterday I decided to format my hard drive and reinstall windows After completely reinstalling windows I am still getting the same indications and after all this I am still unable to connect to the internet If anyone has any suggestions it would Showing a connection to the internet but unable to browse be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Showing a connection to the internet but unable to browse

Reinstalling Windows 7 for a second time, no idea what is causing this issue....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335000-showing-connection-internet-but-unable-browse.html
Relevancy 65.79%

This edit is to clarify not bump my post I found the infections in the malware bytes log after posting Rootkit TDSS Rogue RapidAntivirus I have been asked by a neighbor to fix their computer Malware Suspected to - Browse Unable Internet after update to IE failed I am unsure exactly what caused tohe update to fail I was called in at the point where clicking on the IE icon on the desktop Unable to Browse Internet - Malware Suspected would lock up the computer Here is what I have done prior to beginning this thread -With help from Microsoft Support I uninstalled IE after trying unsuccessfully to restore to a restore point prio to the update -At that point I had the PC connected to my network it was running IE but would not load any web pages Thinking it was a network issue I took it back and installed it on their network Same problem -Thinking I had a conflict between IE and AOL I uninstalled AOL No change -I brought it back to my network where it is currently connected reinstalled IE and configured TCP IP like my other PC's -The problem looks like a DNS problem because I can ping any IP by address and I can browse to Google by address I installed Firefox same problem -Several posts regarding this problem mentioned malware as a possible cause so I copied a Malware Bytes install file from another PC ion the network and tried to install it It would not install until I renamed the file Then the executable would not run until I renamed it I had experienced this symptom previously on an infected machine so that pretty much confirmed my suspicion - in my mind anyway -When I ran MBAM it found infections I saved the logs - I am unable to update MBAM since I cannot browse so I downloaded a more current version to another PC copied it over installed and ran - again having to rename It found infections I saved the logs -I then followed the instructions for this thread The logs follow including the MBAM logs in case they are helpful Thank you very much in advance for any assistance you can offer In looking over the MBAM logs I realize they do not show all the infections found I did not write them down because I thought they would be in the logs adaniel DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Linda Siaton at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - FW McAfee Personal Firewall Plus enabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch SVCHOST EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs SVCHOST EXE SVCHOST EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmgr exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe SVCHOST EXE C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings All Users Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www aol com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp bfc myway com search de srchlft html uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp media fastclick net w safepop cgi mid amp sid amp id amp len amp c amp nfcp amp fp uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat reader activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files go... Read more

A:Unable to Browse Internet - Malware Suspected

Hello,We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up.My name is Syler and I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if youwould let me no so I can close this topic, if you still need help please let me no what issues you are still having, in your next reply.Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Then please post back here with the following: log.txt info.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268944/unable-to-browse-internet-malware-suspected/
Relevancy 65.79%

Having been "upgraded" to Windows 10 some weeks ago, I was managing to get it to behave (more or less). On 9 November I received another update. Since then I have been unable to Browse any sites on my Dell N7010 laptop - they all come back with {site name} Not Responding. My Thunderbird email is working fine from the laptop and I can also browse with no problems from my Android tablet, using the same router.
Have tried clearing laptop cache and history etc and have also done a System File Scan with no errors reported.
I don't have any other browsers on the laptop to try.
Very grateful for any help or advice.
Thank you

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/suddenly-unable-browse-internet-edge-4610547/
Relevancy 64.93%

This is an odd one. I can't seem to see website or update my virus software, but I am able to remotely connect connect to this computer. I was able to install Avast! and it found Win32:CTX and moved it, but that has not corrected anything either.

Any ideas why I can remotly connect but can out out on the internet?!?

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello Everyone this is my first time posting here and i'm all desperate for your help last night I intended to do a malware scan as i do this periodically to keep my laptop safe i used -Malwarebytes Anti-Malware -adwcleaner then i proceed to restart the system to complete the act then i put my laptop on sleep mode this morning i open my laptop and started up FireFox as it is the only browser i'm comfortable with and every site i try to enter show Server not found Removal internet process After malware Browse unable to page i tried the Internet Explorer which i don't use and it also show This page can t be displayed i'm writing this using google chrome as i pre-installed the program prior to the incident and i can unable to Browse internet After malware Removal process browse the internet a download only using the browser i also can't download using internet download manger as it show connecting error and suggest that it is blocked by a fire wall or a problem in DNS i use all my knowledge in computers but all in vein things i tried - restart the laptop - reinstall firefox - netsh winsock reset - unable to Browse internet After malware Removal process using farbar mini tool box i really hope that i would find a solution by using your help thank You

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625683/unable-to-browse-internet-after-malware-removal-process/
Relevancy 64.07%

hi i m just a newbie and i could really use some help my dsl and wifi were working perfectly well until the system suddenly broke down on me days ago i use a tenda M wireless broadband router model w r connected to a dsl service provider pldt and work on laptops an old twinhead e kt running windows wifi dsl Solved: using able unable router, browse browse using cable, to to does dns XP and a newer toshiba satellite m d-s running windows vista basic problem now is that i can connect but am unable to browse unable to resolve host using my wifi router but am able to connect and browse with Solved: able to browse using dsl cable, unable to browse using wifi router, dns does my laptop connected directly to the dsl modem the router is working prefectly fine however otherwise i can connect using the router ip address and adjust router settings my router has always been set to auto-detect settings and had been without Solved: able to browse using dsl cable, unable to browse using wifi router, dns does any problems previously i have tried releasing renewing and rebooting and connecting and disconnecting my router and dsl after browsing some forums i ve tried fiddling with my ipconfig here is how it looks like connected to my wifi router Windows IP Configuration Host Name dr- e a f f Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Solved: able to browse using dsl cable, unable to browse using wifi router, dns does Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - - -B - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description g MiniPCI Wireless Network Ada pter Physical Address - -D - A-F -A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday July AM Lease Expires Saturday July AM here is what it looks like with direct cable connection Windows IP Configuration Host Name dr- e a f f Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - - -B - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday July AM Lease Expires Friday July AM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description g MiniPCI Wireless Network Ada pter Physical Address - -D - A-F -A i ve tried manually setting the wifi router to the IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway and DNS Servers as seen on my direct cable connection but it still didn t help one thing i ve also noticed - if it is of any use is that - even when i am connected directly to the cable i am able to ping everything else except my dns servers i was wondering if this could be the problem why my router cannot resolve my host since it is unable to ping the dns server if so why is this only happening now i ve also tried ipconfig flushdns and ipconfig release and renew to no improvement i could really use your help im stuck on the floor right now typing this since my cable is only less than a meter long i really miss my wifi connection thanks for any help nbsp

A:Solved: able to browse using dsl cable, unable to browse using wifi router, dns does

Is this really solved?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-able-to-browse-using-dsl-cable-unable-to-browse-using-wifi-router-dns-does.841892/
Relevancy 64.07%

Ok so I ve been trying for most of the day to fix these issues to no avail and I ve done something that s apparently made it worse I ll do my best to include everything that might help Basically my internet claims to be connected via wire to router computer isn t wireless enabled but when I open a browser I normally use Chrome but no browser is working it came up with the Error no matter what address I try to access So far I have tried resetting my router and waiting using cmd to reset winsock and resetlog I ve fiddled with some of the proxy settings and immediate downloads Of more.. browse. any packets unable Connected to Receiving barely and Internet, to course I m not entirely certain what half of those things have Connected to Internet, unable to browse. Receiving barely any packets and more.. done but nothing seems to have worked properly I ve uninstalled all of the firewall anti-virus programs I had installed which hasn t changed anything either I have had the connected but not connected issue before since it happens quite often but usually I disable it restart the computer and just connect again then it ll work - but this time it hasn t I noticed in a lot of threads it helps to have the information given from ipconfig all so I ve copied out what I get from that below I ve just noticed that the host name has changed to STACYSC when it s not supposed to be I think this is from me attempting to connect to a wireless connection before I realised it wasn t enabled - could this be an issue Host name STACEYSC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown Ip Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek RTL E RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - -FE- -ED Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Server Click to expand Operating system is Windows XP If there s anything else I can give to help out just say so and I ll do my best to find it I really appreciate any help or suggestions so thank you in advance nbsp

A:Connected to Internet, unable to browse. Receiving barely any packets and more..

I've uninstalled all of the firewall/anti-virus programs I had installed, which hasn't changed anything either.Click to expand...

how many did you have and what were they ?

can you do the following three ping tests
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping 192.168.2.1
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-internet-unable-to-browse-receiving-barely-any-packets-and-more.1047616/
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm on here trying to internet browse or programs Virus?? add/remove Unable Trojan?? to find help for my girlfriend She has had a problem for almost a week now in which she cannot Trojan?? Virus?? Unable to browse internet or add/remove programs get on the internet to browse webpages It keeps coming up with unable to find load pages like she has no connection However her connection is fine according to her computer and she is Trojan?? Virus?? Unable to browse internet or add/remove programs able to use msn and msn voice to talk to me In addition she's had some nasty bugs in her computer She's had no anti-virus program but I bought McAfee Total Protection for PC's and sent her the installer since she couldn't download it herself She isn't able to install it because it keeps saying she can't connect to the internet She did several scans with Malware Bytes and repeatedly found trojan vundo and virtumonde I downloaded HijackThis and had her run it then had it analyzed and we fixed the dll files that were associated in it with virtumonde However she still can't get online to browse and neither McAfee or Trend Micro will let her install their programs Trend Micro keeps saying there's a threat on her computer that won't allow them to continue to install and asks her then to scan After this is just stops She also experiences several quot ghost quot error messages in which the error sound is made but no message ever shows It has to be looked up in the events viewer to figure out what error occurred Below is her log I just had her run another scan with Malware Bytes and it came up empty She's also used Spyware Doctor with the same results Help would be greatly appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by HELEN at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Trend Micro Internet Security On-access scanning disabled Outdated FW ZoneAlarm Firewall disabled FW Trend Micro Personal Firewall disabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS Sync NetSvc exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C WINDOWS system rsvp exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd Info exe C Documents and Settings HELEN My Documents My Received Files dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms uSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com mSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html BHO bd ae- - - e - d b aa e - No File TB EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - No File TB C B - - D - B - A CD F - No File TB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No File EB SpeedRunner Bar cafb -ba - dc- ff- c a - SystemRoot system shdocvw dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun LogitechSoftwareUpdate quot c program files logitech video ManifestEngine exe quot boot uRun msnmsgr quot c program files windows live messenger msnmsgr exe quot background uRun LDM c program files logitech desktop messenger program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun ISUSPM Startup quot c program files comm... Read more

A:Trojan?? Virus?? Unable to browse internet or add/remove programs

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216781/trojan-virus-unable-to-browse-internet-or-addremove-programs/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello In an attempt to solve rather than rebuild this computer I have joined your wonderful website Firstly I must explain that I have followed similar threads on your site and acted on their advice before joining you and reading your pinned New Member threads Hence I have tried to use some of the tools already mentioned including ComboFix which wouldn't run Please excuse my leaping into hot oil before looking With that in mind can can but 7, unable Windows browse to ping I explain what is going on with this laptop and what Windows 7, unable to browse but can ping has been done so far It is a Dell Inspiron N running Windows Home Premium Service Pack Gb RAM It had been protected using Microsoft Security Essentials which has been uninstalled at some point whilst investigating this problem I was initially asked to investigate why the machine had stopped browsing the internet saying that it was 'Unable to connect' Opening a command prompt I could see that it was connected to the wireless network and had IP addresses etc It could also successfully ping www google com ibm com bbc co uk etc I connected to the router using a LAN cable just in case it was a wireless driver issue Still unable to browse but can ping Ran iexplore -extoff from a command prompt to turn off the extensions Still unable to browse Downloaded the Firefox installer using another computer copied it using a USB key and installed it Still unable to browse Downloaded ADWCleaner copied it over and installed it it was unable to access the update server Ran a scan and cleaned all the malware it found Still unable to browse Downloaded MalwareBytes installer mbam-setup- copied it over installed and launched it It was unable to access the update server Ran a scan which found more malware but still unable to browse afterwards Interestingly subsequent relaunches of MalwareBytes fail It asks for System run permissions then doesn't show the GUI interface Though the process is running in the background Browsed this site and looked for similar problems following several suggestions including gmer tdsskiller mbar and Combofix which didn't appear to run The system is still unable to browse Took the hard drive out This laptop has to be fully disassembled to do this Dell I ask you Then ran a scan using the latest ESET Smart Security This took hours and found infections of which it automatically cleaned I haven't yet fully investigated the log to identify what wasn't cleaned Rebuilt the machine and it still won't browse Contacted you Whilst writing this I have just re-installed Malwarebytes and ran a scan It has detected another objects I would really appreciate a bit of guidance as I would rather not have to rebuild the machine in the interests of getting to the bottom of it Thanks

A:Windows 7, unable to browse but can ping

Welcome aboard  Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573534/windows-7-unable-to-browse-but-can-ping/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello After guidance from Broni Thanks Here is my first post In an attempt to solve rather than rebuild this browse unable 7, Windows can to ping but computer I have joined your Windows 7, unable to browse but can ping wonderful website Firstly I must explain that I have followed similar threads on your site and acted on their advice before joining and reading your pinned New Member threads Hence I have tried to use some of Windows 7, unable to browse but can ping the tools already mentioned including ComboFix which wouldn't run Please Windows 7, unable to browse but can ping excuse my leaping into hot oil before looking With that in mind can I explain what is going on with this laptop and what has been done so far It is a Dell Inspiron N running Windows Home Premium Service Pack Gb RAM It had been protected using Microsoft Security Essentials which has been uninstalled at some point whilst investigating this problem I was initially asked to investigate why the machine had stopped browsing the internet saying that it was 'Unable to connect' Opening a command prompt I could see that it was connected to the wireless network and had IP addresses etc It could also successfully ping www google com ibm com bbc co uk etc I connected to the router using a LAN cable just in case it was a wireless driver issue Still unable to browse but can ping Ran iexplore -extoff from a command prompt to turn off the extensions Still unable to browse Downloaded the Firefox installer using another computer copied it over using a USB key and installed it Still unable to browse Downloaded ADWCleaner copied it over and installed it It was unable to access it's update server Ran a scan and cleaned all the malware it found Still unable to browse Downloaded MalwareBytes installer mbam-setup- copied it over installed and launched it It was unable to access it's update server Ran a scan which found more malware but still unable to browse afterwards Interestingly subsequent relaunches of MalwareBytes fail It asks for System run permissions then doesn't show the GUI interface Though the process is running in the background Browsed this site and looked for similar problems following several suggestions including gmer tdsskiller mbar and Combofix which didn't appear to run The system is still unable to browse Took the hard drive out This laptop has to be fully disassembled to do this Dell I ask you Then ran a scan on it using the latest ESET Smart Security This took hours and found infections of which it automatically cleaned I haven't yet fully investigated the log to identify what wasn't cleaned Reassembled the machine and it still won't browse Interestingly it will appear to run Windows Update successfully and looking at the Update logs it appears that Windows Update has been running ok I would really appreciate a bit of guidance as I would rather not have to rebuild the machine also in the interests of getting to the bottom of it and just in case anyone else has a similar problem Thanks Russ FRST txt follows Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Russell administrator on ANNE-PC on - - Running from C Users Russell Desktop Loaded Profiles Russell Available profiles Anne amp Sarah amp Russell amp Administrator Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM stacsv exe ArcSoft Inc C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe Advent C Program Files x Advent AIO Center ADAIOHostService exe DSGi C Program Files x Advent AIO StatusMonitor ADPrinterSDK exe Andrea Electronics Corporation C Program Files IDT WDM AESTSr exe Atheros C Program Files x... Read more

A:Windows 7, unable to browse but can ping

Hi & to Bleeping Computer Forums!
My name is Jürgen and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems.
Before we move on, please read the following points carefully:
My native language isn't English. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.
Please read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.
Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.
If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.
Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.
Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.
If you have illegal/cracked software, cracks, keygens, etc. on the system, please remove or uninstall them now!
If I don't hear from you within 5 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.
If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!
Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.
Step 1
Please open TDSSiller.
Start tdsskiller.exe with administrator privileges.
Accept the EULA and the KSN Statement.
Click on Change parameters.
Please select the following options and click OK.
Click on Start scan.
If any threats are found don't delete them but choose the Skip option for all of them.
Click on Report to open the log file. (It is also saved at C:\TDSSKiller.<version_date_time>_log.txt).
Copy and paste its contents in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573655/windows-7-unable-to-browse-but-can-ping/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi All I have a Dell Studio Laptop Windows Vista Home Premium SP GB RAM GB HDD Norton Antivirus I use a Mbs Vista to browse Unable Premium Home -Windows random websites Broadband link Since yesterday I m unable to browse random websites such as Microsoft etc Used several browsers IE Firefox Chrome but once the URL is entereted the browser is thinking and then quot Unable to browse random websites -Windows Vista Home Premium Page cannot be Unable to browse random websites -Windows Vista Home Premium displayed quot m able to browse yahoo Google etc Tried pinging to the Microsoft website these are the stats C Users MY DELL gt ping www microsoft com Pinging lb www ms akadns net with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Tried logging in with other User profile on my PC no luck Checked the hosts file nothing there Copyright Unable to browse random websites -Windows Vista Home Premium c - Microsoft Corp This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP IP for Windows This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names Each entry should be kept on an individual line The IP address should be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one space Additionally comments such as these may be inserted on individual lines or following the machine name denoted by a symbol For example rhino acme com source server x acme com x client host localhost Executed NAV threats cleared Can someone please advise regarding how to resolve the issue Thanks Neil nbsp

A:Unable to browse random websites -Windows Vista Home Premium

C:\Users\MY DELL>ping www.microsoft.com

Pinging lb1.www.ms.akadns.net [64.4.11.42] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.Click to expand...

hmm; you attempted to ping microsoft.com and accessed akadns.net instead?

=== read ALL this before you do anything; there's a gotcha here ===

run IPCONFIG /ALL and report your DNS Server Addresses.

Who is your ISP? Run NSLOOKUP on the ISP domain name too and report their DNS names.

View your browser add-ons and disable ALL of them, at least temporarily.

==== here's what I discovered as I was preparing this == =

Code:
C:\Users\Jeff>ping www.microsoft.com

Pinging lb1.www.ms.akadns.net [64.4.11.42] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 64.4.11.42:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

This smacks of DNS POISONING to me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-browse-random-websites-windows-vista-home-premium.192692/
Relevancy 57.62%

Please help me.

i had corrected a suspect entry at Hosts file that resolves this problem but now here it comes again....

i already checked again the contents of hosts file using notepad but no luck of finding any culprit there, and now im lost to make ie8 work (even before i updated the internet explorer from ie7 i was already unable to browse the net.)

but using other internet browser i could surf the net.

current status :

using chat software like YM also hinders me to login.

PLEASE HELP.

TIA.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/please-help-unable-to-browse-the-internet-using-ie7-or-ie8-error-403-a-391623.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have several Windows XP workstations that cannot browse the Internet via a LAN connection.

We use DHCP server with MS Small Business Server 5.5. The IE 6 settings are configured to use the LAN for connection.

The TCP/IP configs are set to accept an IP address automatically, as well as DNS addresses.

Several other XP workstations seem to be able to browse just fine, but I don't see any difference in the TCP/IP configs or the IE 6 LAN setting.

Any clues?

A:Windows XP Internet Browse Problem on Lan

See if you can access the web sites by IP address instead of URL. If you can get there that way they are not getting to a DNS server to resolve the name to an IP address.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-internet-browse-problem-on-lan.63102/
Relevancy 54.18%

Really, is it just me or can one no longer browse the web with IE or Edge. This site and several other just cause my browsers to crash, crash, crash. Is google in such control of web content that IE and Edge are just no longer relevant? This happens on my all-in-one Win 10 desktop, on my surface Pro 4, and on my Lenovo X1 Yoga. What gives?

A:How to get Internet Explorer and Edge to browse Windows central without crashing?

I have never encountered a crash lately. It is true, sometimes i feel some lag on WP central, but never crash. Last crash from WPCentral was when Edge was in beta (Project Spartan)...

http://forums.windowscentral.com/site-feedback-help/442483-how-get-internet-explorer-edge-browse-windows-central-without-crashing.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Really, is it just me or can one no longer browse the web with IE or Edge. This site and several other just cause my browsers to crash, crash, crash. Is google in such control of web content that IE and Edge are just no longer relevant? This happens on my all-in-one Win 10 desktop, on my surface Pro 4, and on my Lenovo X1 Yoga. What gives?

A:How to get Internet Explorer and Edge to browse Windows central without crashing?

I have never encountered a crash lately. It is true, sometimes i feel some lag on WP central, but never crash. Last crash from WPCentral was when Edge was in beta (Project Spartan)...

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/442483-how-get-internet-explorer-edge-browse-windows-central-without-crashing.html
Relevancy 53.75%

hello everyone i tried to uninstall windows live one care family safety and now it says the family safety service has been disabled please ask the administrator for this computer to enable it until thats done you will not be able to browse the internet the computer is a dell inspiron 1521 laptop, also when i try to reinstall it it says the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable any help is much appreciated thankyou

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/159947/windows-liveone-care-family-safety-wont-let-me-browse-internet/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have been unable to browse the internet with Internet Explorer I am able to use Firefox I am with browse to IE Unable also unable to update Windows either manually or with automatic updates I have run many different types of spyware adware programs and have deleted many problems but that still hasn't solved my problems I hope you can help me Thanks My DSS file is listed below and the extra txt is attached Mike Deckard's System Scanner Unable to browse with IE v Run by Mike on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Unable to browse with IE -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Percentage of Memory in Use more than -- HijackThis run as Mike exe ------------------------------------------------ Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Dell Network Assistant hnm svc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Spyware Doctor svcntaux exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Spyware Doctor swdsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Program Files Canon Electronics DR C TrkMonitor exe C WINDOWS system WDBtnMgr exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopDisplay exe C Program Files Napster napster exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C DefenderPro AntiSpy TSAntiSpy exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Defender Pro Defender Pro Firewall KAVPF exe C Program Files Dell Network Assistant ezi hnm exe C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Engine ymetray exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Mike Desktop dss exe C DOCUME Mike ... Read more

A:Unable to browse with IE

I haven't had a reply in 4 days. Please BUMP me up! Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unable-to-browse-with-ie-200182.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys I am having browsing issues I have recently put a new hard drive in my laptop done a to Unable Browse fresh XP install with up to date drivers loaded basic software etc I was able to browse via firefox on a wireless connection but gradually over a day or two browsing has become intermittent - when I enter a URL it immediately says quot Done quot in the bottom left Unable to Browse hand corner and the page is blank IE gives a similar response Thunderbird times out Unable to Browse and AVG can t find the server to update I can ping and resolve DNS Connection is via wireless with a different host every day - i m on the road for a few months The connections are good as I can sit with my second laptop and everything is ok I don t have access to a wired connection until January However if I put my old hard drive back in the laptop I can browse and email no probs - so I think that rules out hardware issues This has happened twice - first time it happened I deleted the partition and did another fresh xp install I ve reached the limit of my knowledge - any ideas System is a Dell Latitude D Gb Sata GB RAM XP Pro SP Intel MiniPCI wireless card Up todate Dell drivers AVG Free Windows Firewall nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

This morning when I tried to open I.E browser, I got this message;

adp module: bargains exe
Applications Error
the instructions at "0x77fs58ddi" referenced memory
at "0x3217800"
The memory could not be 'written'
Click on OK to terminate this progam.

Any ideas, is it a virus, worm etc?, please help if you can.

Maurice

A:Unable to browse the web

Well I have seen Bargains.exe as a virus before. I would suggest running your AV and spybot software to get rid of it. If it doens't find it you might want to boot into safe mode and run them again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-browse-the-web.18670/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm having same problem, and it also started from yesterday. I don't know if this is something related to an update that my PC automatically did before yesterday because I restored my system to previous day and IE 7 still not working. Another odd thing is that I can use all messengers, email and others, and I can use "ping" Yahoo and other domains under DOS, but I can not "ping" another PC in my home.

Firefox works fine now and only IE have problem. I'm so get used to IE and would really like to figure out what causes the problem.

Thanks for all your input!

-happynemo

A:Unable to browse in IE 7

Hello and welcome to TSF

Try this:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/06/12/628499.aspx

if that doesnt work do you think you might have a virus?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/unable-to-browse-in-ie-7-a-222307.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have just burned a DVD image (it was a *.daa file) the disk works fine when inserted in the drive but what let me browse what's on the disk.
How can you view the files? I know what's on it because i can open the image file but not the DVD.

thanks

A:Unable to browse dvd

See the Power ISO FAQ here:
http://www.poweriso.com/faq.htm
You need to "mount" the image.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-browse-dvd.673509/
Relevancy 52.46%

...Unsufficient Quota

I do tech support in a e-business company and 2 of my users are having this problem where they seem to loose the connection to our LAN. They get this message and we hardly know where that comes from. Nothing on Technet either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-browse.29508/
Relevancy 52.46%

i am using Win Xp Home. I am unable to browse internet. The explorere opens (also firefox) but does nothing. The net is working. I do not know what is the problem. Is there is a virus

A:unable to browse

what happens when you open browser? just blank white screen?
go to
tools>internet options> connections>LAN settings. and make sure its on auto detect and not a proxy.
also try deleting cookies and cache and temporary internet files.
put security down a notch, maybe medium high level?
if no work
advanced tab. reset advanced settings
and reset explorer settings
hope this helps somewhat

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-browse.932134/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Recently my Mcafee detected a trojan of some sort and blocked it I didnt feel any threat so just went about my buisness when i rebooted my system it came up with some quot warning quot wallpaper about spyware first thing i did was go to update scan with adaware and Mcafee but couldnt connect to the servers tried to goto their websites and it says it cannot to AV/AS Unable sites. browse connect Used my laptop to download HJT was surprised i didnt have it on my desktop but this is the first real proplem i've had since i got it almost a year ago Will let you know that when i was out of town for a few days my wife let her friend on my desktop no telling what she did to it Unable to browse AV/AS sites. but may have been something i did as well who knows but here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Unable to browse AV/AS sites. Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan McShield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C Nexon Mabinogi npkcmsvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster wmp gsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Razer Lachesis razerhid exe C Program Files Razer Lycosa razerhid exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Razer Lachesis OSD exe C Program Files Razer Lycosa razertra exe C WINDOWS system drivers svchost exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Razer Lachesis razerofa exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exe c PROGRA mcafee msc mcshell exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http runonce msn com v msgrv R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Enterra Download Manager Helper - DD - F E- C - D -FF FF - C Program File... Read more

A:Unable to browse AV/AS sites.

Update: Manually updated ad aware and mcafee.. ran scans.. removed items found. Checked hosts file .. no extra entries.. still cannot surf to anti virus/spyware sites. also screensaver is same.. ability to change the screensaver and desktop wallpaper is still disabled.

Thanks.

(tried to find edit option but was unable to locate it )

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unable-to-browse-av-as-sites-284113.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm unable to browse a certain website(www.taobao.com) once I click a link on www.taobao.com. Going to the homepage its fine, but once I click anything on the site, it cannot be loaded. I can ping the website. I used another computer or phone to browse the site, the problem is still the same. No firewall is blocking that website.

A:Unable to browse certain website

What is the website? Ive never heard of it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-browse-certain-website.1100762/
Relevancy 52.03%

I use DELL INSPIRON 1545 laptop with BSNL broadband internet connection. I use ORIGINAL Kaspersky Internet security 2010. There are no virus symptoms in my laptop. Still I am unable to browse the site http://www.123greetings.com/

When I type the site and press enter, it just stays idle both in Firefox and IE 6.0 SP3. The same site is working normally in my DESKTOP PC. I have even added firewall exception rule for the above site, still no use. All other sites are loading normally.

I use Windows XP (original) SP3.

Is there any solution to it?. Please reply.

A:Unable to browse a particular site

Empty the browser's cache and retry, or press ctrl + F5 to reload the page without the cache.

With firefox 3.5.7 I can't access http://www.123greetings.com/ either, it reports a "content encoding error", but I can access its subsites : http://www.123greetings.com/birthday/. The problem looks to be with the website, but it's weird that you can access it on your desktop computer.

What versions of IE and firefox do you use ? Are they the same on both computers ? What versions of flash and java ?

The content encoding error message is a known bug for Firefox 3 :
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=366023
Can't say about IE though. Seems it's a problem with websites hosted on apache servers and gzip encoding.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-browse-a-particular-site-451986.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone Signed up for this Connected but unable to browse account just to ask this question cause I ve tried almost everything but nothing is working for me You see my wireless connection indicates that Connected but unable to browse I am connected with Excellent Strength but when I open any site it doesn t let me and says that the system is Connected but unable to browse offline I tried MSN and the troubleshoot tells me that Default Gateway is offline but I have no idea how to fix that I did an ipconfig all and it is as follows Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Bryan Wang gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Bryan Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Ad apter Physical Address - - B- - A- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe bff fe a Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained January Lease Expires January Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast E thernet NIC Physical Address - - B- - - D Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Really desperate and would appreciate all of your help Thank you in advance -Bryan nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hai,

From the past few days i am unable to browse.
In page some strange numbers displays instade of page .

i tryed with uninstalling and installing ie and even with some antivirus and anitspam

pls help this out

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/unable-browse-in-ie-or-other-browsers-126195.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Dell GB ram just did a clean install of W bit All went OK but now in a strange position it can browse internet no problem get to any any sites but will not download anything When I click on download normal download box opens but nothing in the 'download To' or' Transfer rate' fields Eventually they time out and drop The top bar of download window shows and does not change And nothing is ever downloaded Tried several sites nothing will download It has however downloaded many windows updates and installed them so it must be able to get data OK Only thing other than standard install is after OS loaded I moved the default user profile location as per tech doc here I have tried different ports on router and even swapped ports amp cables of PC's that are working still dame browses happily but no downloads First thing I want to download Will ? to download anything but unable browse is anti-virus cant even download Kaspersky file On network amp sharing it shows that connected to LAN and if I open the LA icon it does show as active and happily sending amp receiving I could start again and do install again but to save time is there anything I can do here

A:Will browse but unable to download anything ?

Hi is this wireless or wired issue?

1. Have you tried a different browser to see if the issue persists.

2. Review local firewall settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/261029-will-browse-but-unable-download-anything.html
Relevancy 52.03%

ISSUE Unable to but Browse unable to Connects connect to internet via different browsers although wireless network connection indicates it is connected After being infected with Antivirus Removed with Malwarebyte s Antimalware Dell Inspirion laptop Processor Intel reg Pentium reg M processor GHz Processor Connects but unable to Browse Speed GHz Memory RAM MB Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Operating System Version Windows xp sp Ie Network connections indicates connected to unsecure wireless network unable to surf anywhere Verified all connection settings lan not selected everything else in place At first ipconfig all failed This is what I have done Removed all network drivers rebooted and got the correct info for ipconfig all System restore fails at all dates Reinstalled drivers Ran TCP IP repair Winsockxpfix exe Reloaded network drivers Reset winsock Reset tcp ip Ping fails One part I do not understand I can connect with a proxy generator JAP if I return ie to proxy settings it goes online Connects but unable to Browse and will surf slow but it goes Here are my logs COMMAND PROMPT Microsoft reg Windows DOS copy Copyright Microsoft Corp - C DOCUME MARK gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mark Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Connects but unable to Browse Suffix Search List rochester rr com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - - -E - D-A Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix rochester rr com Description Intel reg PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Physical Address - -CE-C - A-B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday November PM Lease Expires Tuesday November PM C DOCUME MARK gt ping google com Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again C DOCUME MARK gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C DOCUME MARK gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C DOCUME MARK gt Network Diagnostic Last diagnostic run time WinSock Diagnostic WinSock status info Error attmpting to validate the Winsock base providers error Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog A reset is needed info Redirecting user to support call Network Adapter Diagnostic Network location detection info Using home Internet connection Network adapter identification info Network connection Name Local Area Connection Device Broadcom x Integrated Controller MediaType LAN SubMediaType LAN info Network connection Name Wireless Network Connection Device Intel reg PRO Wireless BG Network Connection MediaType LAN SubMediaType WIRELESS info Network connection Name Connection Device Net Adapter MediaType LAN SubMediaType info Both Ethernet and Wireless connections available prompting user for selection action User input required Select network connection info Wireless connection selected Network adapter status info Network connection status Media disconnected HTTP HTTPS FTP Diagnostic HTTP HTTPS FTP connectivity warn HTTP Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn FTP Passive Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTP Error con... Read more

A:Connects but unable to Browse

Problem resolved.
Had to correct registry allowing access, then reinstalled service pack 3. That did it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364614/connects-but-unable-to-browse/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I m having what for Unable to al. browse picture, et. I consider to be a unique problem Unable to browse for picture, et. al. that even my roommate who works in tech support can t seem to figure out I was recently a victim of long story short a quot spider quot program I ve since stopped it from collecting data etc and locked down my router to only allow certain MAC IDs but now no matter which browser I use IE FF Ch I am unable to open a windows explorer window to browse for a file to upload in this case I m attempting to add a quot gig quot to fiverr com and they require that I upload a picture but nothing happens The following are steps that I ve already taken yet the problem persists Full AVG virus scan cleaned quarantined all issues hijackthis no rogue BHOs found Unable to browse for picture, et. al. Malwarebytes full scan all objects cleaned Spybot S amp D full scan all objects cleaned Windows event viewer no mention or error of trying to open window to upload file My roomie says that he almost wants to think its a registry issue yet it doesn t sound like one to him and I also want to mention that prior to running Malware and SB I was unable to utilize the save as command in any explorer window I ve made some progress but not enough so any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance OH I m using Win Home Premium bit if that matters nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

hi Guys

please help

I am unable to browse with IE, although Firefox works just fine.
Looks like IE 7 keeps redirecting websites to nothing but http:///

Things i have done:
Uninstall and re-install IE 7
Ran Spubot, Adaware, Norton
Turn off pop-up blocker for testing
Ran Vundo fix
Ran Clean Up
updated my windows through firefox

Also, my updates are not going thru the normal way.. i click on the !mark (yellow) and the installation status remains in " Initialising installation" and stays there and wont even lemme shut down the PC.. says " Installing updates 1 of 5 " and does not change ...

PLease help

Cheers

A:Unable to browse in IE 7 - win xp prof SP2

Hello and welcome to TSF

before we start, how come you ran Vundofix? did you get a message saying you are infected with Vundo?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/unable-to-browse-in-ie-7-win-xp-prof-sp2-222039.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi this is my first time posting I am not sure exactly how I contracted this malware or virus but popup human" browse, "Are you unable to here is the info OS Windows Vista Whenever I open either internet explorer or firefox I get a popup that says quot are you human quot with the choices of OK Cancel or the X at the top right No matter which of the three buttons is pressed unable to browse, popup "Are you human" the popup reappears I am unable to do anything else with the browser cannot use menu tabs address bar anything within the browser or X out of it Only way to close browser is through task manager to unable to browse, popup "Are you human" kill the process The one difference when you hit OK is that it takes you to a website called podmena us and asks for a login and password but again the popup is there leaving you unable to do anything but see the site After this I used my phone to google podmena and are you human I came across a few forums that said there was a podmena virus and listed a few possible locations in the computer such as c program files podmena I did not find any of these in my computer I did a search for anything podmena and nothing came up I went unable to browse, popup "Are you human" to command prompt and did dir podmena s and nothing came up I ran spybot and nothing came up The only thing that allowed me to get on the internet to get through here was going through task manager and killing process by process until I got through I had several instances of rundll exe Prior to closing each one I clicked to check the location of the file and they were all the same at the system folder I closed two instances of the process and then the popup stopped coming up I am pretty sure that whatever the malware is it is still there but temporarily disabled If anyone could offer some help with what I can do to figure out what it is and maybe a program I could use to fix the problem it would be greatly appreciated Thanks for your time in advance please let me know if there is additional information I could provide to help

A:unable to browse, popup "Are you human"

I have the same problem

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300428/unable-to-browse-popup-are-you-human/
Relevancy 51.6%

Using Win ME and client for MS Networks I have been receiving a message "'Unable to browse network. Network not accessible." when I click on the Network Places Icon. I have tried unistalling and reinstalling all the protocols, adapters, and clients to no avail. I have tried disabling/enabling the browse master in Client for MS Network properties and no help. There is an article in the MS Knowledge base which outlines these steps but gives no other advice and does not solve the problem. On a second computer it can see itself but not this computer. I have verified that the group names are the same and the computer names are different. The NIC has a solid green light as does the hub. At the logon prompt I get the logon to Windows box rather than the logon to Windows networking box.

Any suggestions.
Any way to reinstall the browse master?

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys, I have a weird problem with Chrome. Whenever I use Chrome to browse, it would load up the home page just fine. But when I navigate out of it to say, Youtube or Facebook, it would just say 'connecting' and eventually time out.

But when I check the connectivity by browsing with Firefox everything is all fine without issue.

Apparently when I use Chrome it would also knockout the sync I have with Dropbox, but messenger softwares like Skype and Windows Live Messenger remain active and connected. Firefox still browses perfectly at this stage, so I'm kinda ruling out a connectivity issue and more towards something that Chrome needs or does.

Not advertising for either browser here lol , just that I prefer Chrome for its speed. Any idea what's the problem here?

A:Chrome unable to browse, Firefox still able.

you may have antivirus blocking it, go to tools in chrome and reset defaults, clean all registry files, temp files, clear history, clear internet cache, other wise reinstall chrome

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/chrome-unable-to-browse-firefox-still-able-511261.html
Relevancy 51.6%

When trying to access my home network, I receive the following message in a pop-up. Note: Nascar is the name of the network.

---------------------------
Nascar is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available
---------------------------

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

A:Solved: Unable to browse network

Top suspect is a firewall.
Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

PING each remote computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. Open a command prompt as described above and type.

PING <ip address>
or
PING <computer name>

Where:
<ip address> - is the x.x.x.x IP address
<computer name> - is the computer name

A failure to PING is almost always a firewall configuration issue. Any failure to PING needs to be corrected before you go any farther.

Note: You can obtain the IP address and computer name of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG /ALL. This should work for any Windows version. The IPCONFIG /ALL display will provide a wealth of useful information for debugging your network connection.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:

Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic.

All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Neighborhood, make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-browse-network.751532/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there,

I have a Linksys router on my highspeed desktop, and have just purchased a wireless adapter card for my laptop. Its all installed, and working fine. I am able to find my router and shows that I am connected at about 80%, so I know I have a connection.

Problem I'm having is that I cannot browse the net, or do anything for that matter. I've tried tweaking settings, but no luck...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

A:Wireless Connection but unable to browse

Topic Review (Newest First)

02-04-2006 11:03 PM
tccrep Hi there,

I have a Linksys router on my highspeed desktop, and have just purchased a wireless adapter card for my laptop. Its all installed, and working fine. I am able to find my router and shows that I am connected at about 80%, so I know I have a connection.

Problem I'm having is that I cannot browse the net, or do anything for that matter. I've tried tweaking settings, but no luck...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
You have a Linksys WRT54G I suspect..?
Are you able to browse the net on your computer which is connected with ethernet and just not on your laptop which is connected wirelessly?

Try turning all security on your router off and broadcast the ssid and then turn ur firewalls off and see if that does anything.. if not, unplug ur router for 15 secs and restart your laptop and then reconnect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-but-unable-to-browse.43486/
Relevancy 51.6%

Lenovo T Windows Pro bit domain member communicating with multiple Browse map or drives Unable to Network Windows Server - A user's Windows XP laptop was corrupted and I rebuilt it with Windows Professional bit The user had an XP loaner while I was rebuilding and it Unable to Browse Network or map drives worked fine I built the laptop in our lab area and at my desk and everything worked fine When done I took it back to the user but started experiencing network problems Unable to Browse Network or map drives at his desk The first clue was that he didn't receive his normal drive Unable to Browse Network or map drives mappings I tried browsing to the shares and couldn't reach them I tried by server name and by IP address with no luck I could access the internet and internal websites including servers I couldn't browse to I brought the laptop back to my desk and it worked fine again My desk is on VLAN The user's desk is on VLAN I tried the laptop on two other ports on the user's switch both were VLAN It worked fine on and wouldn't work on the other I was thinking either a port issue a switch issue or a VLAN issue My network guy checked the ports and they are all setup the same He doesn't see any problems on the switch And since it works on a VLAN port it doesn't seem to be a VLAN communication issue I've checked all the NIC and firewall settings and I don't see anything out of place I swapped cables tried it with and without his Cisco IP phone tried it with and without his port replicator ect I plan to try some different NIC drivers if I can ever get Lenovo's website to work Anyone have any other ideas

A:Unable to Browse Network or map drives

It would help see the ipconfig /all output. Also let us know if your network is setup via DHCP or static addressing.

It could be a cabling issue. I'm not sure what type of switches you're using but it could be a MAC filtering problem. I think you need to be more specific about your network setup since the probably could be anywhere.

On the switch ports that the laptop did not work at does another laptop or PC work?

Have you tried looking for the latest drivers for your network card?

What type of network did you choose when setting up the PC? (Home/Work/Private)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/258797-unable-browse-network-map-drives.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I've been having some browser trouble that I can't figure out. After a while of being online, I suddenly am unable to browse websites.

Firefox 3.5 seems to get stuck in offline mode, and eventually just tells me it is unable to connect to the website. IE 7 gives a similar response.

The thing is that I can still use Windows Live Messenger, any downloads I am running are still working, and I don't get disconnected from any games online.

I've tried pinging various websites when it does lock up and I receive normal responses. I've tried updating my network drivers with no luck, and ran a few virus scans but haven't found anything. The only thing that fixes the problem is to reboot the computer.
I'm currently running Windows Vista Ultimate SP2.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Guys I m having some trouble with a laptop that was brought to me with an issue where or browse to Unable Microsoft to Google it will not browse to Google or Microsoft however most other sites are fine for example I can browse to Overclockers co uk without any issues I have done a lot of searching for this issue and so far have not found the answer The laptop is a Toshiba Equium A it s pretty old now to rule most things out straight away I have reinstalled the OS on this laptop and it still has the same problem The laptop has been on three different networks all with the same issue I can ping Google com and I have tried browsing to the IP address thinking its a DNS issue but this does not work either The laptop has no software other than the drivers which were downloaded from the Toshiba website and the OS itself Pretty much at a loss now as to what else to try Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Unable to browse to Google or Microsoft

Check the Hosts file, in case some "wag" has entered some redirection there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-browse-to-google-or-microsoft.1156842/
Relevancy 51.6%

Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Administrator on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Failed to create restore point the call timed out due to a wait on a mutex for setting restore points -- Last Restore 7 browse in -logs requested as IE to Unable Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Installed Microsoft File Transfer Manager - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP Unable to browse in IE 7 -logs as requested - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Percentage of Memory in Use more than Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPROXY EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files FirefoxPreloader FirefoxPreloader exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync rapimgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files LogMeIn x ramaint exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NAVAPSVC EXE C Program Files Novadigm radexecd exe C Program Files Novadigm radsched exe C Program Files Novadigm Radstgms exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C Documents and Settings Administrator My Documents Stuff dss exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS system spider exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google com au R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com search q s R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program File... Read more

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey Im hoping someone could help me with a rather annoying problem i have with a router of mine Before i start i'll list my system specs and wireless adapter AMD Athlon II Dual-core M GHz GB RAM AMD M G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Windows Wireless unable to browse. ON appears but Home Premium bit operating Wireless appears ON but unable to browse. system Atheros AR b g n Wifi Adapter I currently own a TP-Link TL-WR ND router When connected through ethernet cable i have no quarrels and everything works fine The router and adapter are both up to date with the latest firmware etc However when connecting through wireless i am able to browse the web for roughly minutes before i am unable to do so The wireless connection appears active but i am unable to browse To fix the problem i have to disable the device then enable then diagnose which is sometimes followed by the first step again Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank You Other notes i have Hamachi installed i suggest this because hamachi produces a new icon in the adapter settings however i'm unsure about it as the ethernet connection has no problems with hamachi installed I previous had a netgear router which didn't have this problem but did however had a problem with connection loss for a split second enough to disrupt downloads or games

A:Wireless appears ON but unable to browse.

Have you tried to updated your wireless adapter?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/159437-wireless-appears-but-unable-browse.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi
I can successfully browse our corporate website from my home using the connection provided by an isp. But as soon as i establish a vpn connection this site becomes inaccessible.

I am using latest version of Internet Explorer.

A:Unable to browse our corporate website after connecting th

Any anti-virus/firewall on your PC...if so which ones?

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/34963-unable-browse-our-corporate-website-after-connecting-th.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello, since the past week, I have not been able to use my home internet network properly on my laptop. I'm experiencing a really strange issue with it. Whenever I connect my laptop to my home network and try to use the web browser, I get a message from my modem that says that my laptop has been blocked by parental controls and cannot access web browsing. However, this is incorrect, my laptop has full access with parental control restrictions. This only happens when I try to use the web browser. When I use a third party application such as Windows Mail it works fine. Could someone tell me why does the modem blocks the web browsing feature on my laptop? How could I fix this?
Info: Model of the modem: HomePortal 1800HW
Laptop model: HPG62
Mode of connection: Wireless (not ethernet)

If you guys require more info, let me know.
Thanks! xD

Relevancy 50.74%

I run XP on one of my computers As a webmaster I frequently check my work in different browsers and I had IE installed on that machine While I was still in IE I also visited my bank website and few other sites that I go to frequently I had never had problems with these few sites However it seems that this time something happened I picked up some sort of virus or spyware it s hard to tell what On the next reboot I went back to IE and wanted to go to Google but instead there was a warning that my computer was infected with a - Unknown spyware to unable apps! or browse, run virus and that I need to install a program to Unknown spyware - unable to browse, or run apps! remove it I didn t click to install it I just closed the browser I thought ok I was going to run Adaware and see if it could Unknown spyware - unable to browse, or run apps! fix it However instead of opening the application there was a javascript-like alert telling me that Adaware application is infected by the virus and asked me yes or no if I wanted to install application that would remove it Of course I hit NO to prevent further damage to my system But after that every - seconds a similar alert would pop up on the screen telling me that the system is infected by the virus and asking me to download a cleaner app In these short intervals when the alert was not on I tried to go to msconfig and see what is running on startup but as soon as that would open it would close and another alert was there saying that msconfig was infected by the virus and so on The same thing with the Task Manager Even worse every few minutes IE opens up by itself and serves me porn ads and sites I don t know what to do I don t even know what I am dealing with Is there any way to find out Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-spyware-unable-to-browse-or-run-apps.941874/
Relevancy 50.74%

Working with laptop and although I can ping school network, and yet I cannot browse the network. Only laptop out of 30 with an issue - all others are connecting fine.
Things I've done
Turned off firewall and antivirus
Tried logging it on the domain
Tried giving it a fixed IP address
Tried changing elements in registry
Tried changing elements in Services.msc
Tried dropping it from a great height......I wish!

On verge of doing a complete rebuild....unless someone can come through for me. Am in a meeting for next hour or so - but will answer any Qs as quick as I can

Relevancy 50.31%

I don't know how this happened but it's terribly annoying Everytime I open an application where I have to browse for a file to upload it opens for seconds and then closes the program completely For instance program because upload browse to closes it to files Unable I tried to browse a file in my videos to upload a onto windows movie maker Unable to browse files to upload because it closes program and it completely closed windows movie maker and the my Unable to browse files to upload because it closes program videos folder I ran AVG Anti Virus Malwarebytes and nothing I also tried to do a system restore but I can't because I can't go back on the calendar to find a later date that my computer was restored I'm so frustrated and I'm ready to throw my laptop out of the window I think this started when I tried to download a dvd to avi converter called vidomi Everything was fine until I downloaded and ran this I deleted vidomi from my computer though Please help me Thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C Program Files Sygate SSA smc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C PROGRA PURENE PORTMA PortAOL exe C PROGRA Hardware Mouse Amoumain exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymSCUI exe C Program Files HPQ SHARED HPQWMI exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Plaxo PlaxoHelper en exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files America Online aoltray exe C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R -... Read more

A:Unable to browse files to upload because it closes program

Hello -

I'm uncertain that any malware removal will address the issues you're describing. It may well be that justpassingby's recommendation of reinstall is still the path you'll end upon; however, I do see signs of an infection which warrants investigating.

I need a bit more information, please.

Download RSIT by random/random and save it to your desktop.
Double click RSIT.exe to start the tool and click Continue at the disclaimer.
When the scan completes it will open a log named log.txt maximized, and a log named info.txt minimized.
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of log.txt here.
Please attach info.txt to your post.
To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\rsit\info.txt

Click Upload.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/unable-to-browse-files-to-upload-because-it-closes-program-303812.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a user that is unable to map to or browse to a certain share folder. He can  however browse to other shared folders on the network.
All his permissions are correct. And no matter what I try mapping it immediately comes up with "the drive could not be mapped because no network was found."
I know the issue lies on his laptop because I have logged onto his account on other computers in the domain and I was able to map and access the shared files. 
No matter any changes I try nothing seems to work. It is getting to the point where I might have to start a fresh image and rebind his account to it. 

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1b98a703-7e8e-40e1-916e-370810cbe379/unable-to-map-a-network-drive-or-browse-to-it-on-a-certain-user-account?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.31%

Please help, this is to strange for me to understand

I have a external usb wireless device which has a strong wireless conection to my D-link wireless dsl router. The PC which is connected by cable can browse, and connect to router setup page.

The wireless PC is able to ping the router as soon as I change the TCP/IP settings to manual within the routers range eg. 192.168.1.100
(192.168.1.1 also set as default gateway, don't know what value to put in DNS fields), but still unable to browse or get onto router setup page.
As soon as i change the settings to automatic config, wireless stays connected but unable to ping router, as computer makes own ip way of router range.

I need to get wireless pc to talk to router urgently please

A:wireless signal strong and connected, unable to browse

Sounds like the DHCP isn't enabled on the router.

Logs onto it and take a look around, there should be an option in the menus.

What model is the D-Link?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-signal-strong-and-connected-unable-to-browse.29870/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am unable to browse the internet using Chrome. Internet Explorer and Firefox are working fine.

A:Unable to browse through Chrome - Other browsers working fine

Is Chrome allowed through your firewall?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/unable-to-browse-through-chrome-other-browsers-working-fine-559748.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi My computer has been acting strange starting from the last weekend I need some help to get it fixed I started to notice something was going on when I turned on the computer and found out that I cannot browse to any websites Unable antivirus any software, cannot start load any websites even though it's connected to the Internet I Unable to start any antivirus software, cannot browse any websites know for sure that it wasn't connectivity issue because the other PCs on the same network works fine I tried rebooting few times after it seemed to Unable to start any antivirus software, cannot browse any websites have worked but then Unable to start any antivirus software, cannot browse any websites it happened again on the next day The connection problem goes away in safe mode That's when I tried to do a virus scan with Avast and Malwarebytes Anti-malware only to find that they can only be started in the safe mode It would prompt permission denied when I tried to kill the Avast process Another thing I've noticed was that the package sent and received shown in the Internet connection status remains very active even though I wasn't trying to browse anything on the Internet Right now I am on safe mode and have ran FRST and Malwarebytes Malwarebytes result shows clean Below is the FRST log Thanks in advance Dean Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Dean administrator on DEAN-PC - - Running from C Users Dean Downloads Loaded Profiles Dean Available Profiles Dean Platform Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Language Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Safe Mode with Networking Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved DT Soft Ltd C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Pro DTShellHlp exe Mozilla Corporation C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run XboxStat gt C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XboxStat exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run RtHDVCpl gt C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM-x Run Rapoo gt C Program Files x Rapoo Mouse exe - - HKLM-x Run Rapoo LedStatus gt C Program Files x Rapoo LedStatus LedStatus exe - - HKLM-x Run AvastUI exe gt C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe - - Avast Software s r o HKLM-x Run DivXMediaServer gt C Program Files x DivX DivX Media Server DivXMediaServer exe HKLM-x Run StartCCC gt C Program Files x AMD ATI ACE Core-Static amd CLIStart exe - - Advanced Micro Devices Inc HKLM Policies Explorer EnableShellExecuteHooks HKU S- - - - - - - Run Nexus gt X HKU S- - - - - - - Run Nexus-Ultimate gt C Program Files x Winstep Nexus-Ultimate exe - - Winstep Software Technologies HKU S- - - - - - - Run Google Update gt C Users Dean AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe - - Google Inc HKU S- - - - - - - Run Switcher gt C Program Files x Switcher Switcher exe - - Bao Nguyen HKU S- - - - - - - Run HP Deskjet B series NET gt C Program Files HP HP Deskjet B series Bin ScanToPCActivationApp exe - - Hewlett-Packard Co HKU S- - - - - - - Run DAEMON Tools Pro Agent gt C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Pro DTAgent exe - - DT Soft Ltd HKU S- - - RunOnce AOD gt C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe AutoTune Startup C Users Dean AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup AutoHotkey lnk - - ShortcutTarget AutoHotkey lnk - gt C Program Files AutoHotkey AutoHotkey exe Startup C Users Dean AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Rainmeter lnk - - ShortcutTarget Rainmeter lnk - gt C Program Files Rainmeter Rainmeter exe ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers avast - gt B -C - CF... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587830/unable-to-start-any-antivirus-software-cannot-browse-any-websites/
Relevancy 50.31%

I don't know how this happened, but it's terribly annoying. Everytime I open an application where I have to browse for a file to upload, it opens for 2 seconds and then closes the program completely. For instance, I tried to browse a file in my videos to upload a onto windows movie maker, and it completely closed windows movie maker and the my videos folder. I ran AVG Anti Virus, Malwarebytes, and nothing. I also tried to do a system restore, but I can't because I can't go back on the calendar to find a later date that my computer was restored. I'm so frustrated and I'm ready to throw my laptop out of the window. I think this started when I tried to download a dvd to avi converter called vidomi. Everything was fine until I downloaded and ran this. I deleted vidomi from my computer though.

Help Me Please!

A:Unable to browse files to upload because it closes program

Hi kjkilojoules and welcome to TSF !

You should read the stickied threads and the annoucements before you post a message in some section of the forum, your current message in the HJT log help section doesn't contain any log. Please follow these instructions and update your other thread in the HJT section :

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-browse-files-to-upload-because-it-closes-program-303815.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am attempting to repair a friend's computer - I am unable to browse out to any anti-virus spyware etc websites and according to my friend occasionally there will be popups out of nowhere which I've unable HiJackThis to anti-virus log to - install or browse not yet experienced I've followed the steps here on this website for the log file below codebox DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by B at HiJackThis log - unable to install or browse to anti-virus on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system HiJackThis log - unable to install or browse to anti-virus svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS sYSteM SvchOst eXE -k fioo C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE E dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com uSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf mSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com mSearchAssistant hxxp toolbar inbox com search ie aspx tbid amp tmpl mCustomizeSearch hxxp toolbar inbox com help sa customize aspx tbid BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Yahoo IE Services Button bab b b- bc- b - d - fc de a - c program files yahoo common yiesrvc dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll EB Zango Information Window aa fbf - c - e -a - c f ab - c program files zango bin HostIE dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun EPSON Stylus Photo RX Series c windows system spool drivers w x e faticla exe fu quot c windows temp E SBB tmp quot EF quot HKCU quot uRun cdloader quot c documents and settings b application data mjusbsp cdloader exe quot MAGICJACK uRun Search Protection c program files yahoo search protection SearchProtection exe uRun A M P NET c program files antimalware pro AntiMalware Pro exe mRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices core smax pnp exe mRun SynTPLpr c program files synaptics syntp SynTPLpr exe mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot c... Read more

A:HiJackThis log - unable to install or browse to anti-virus

Hi,My name is Syler and I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if youwould let me no so I can close this topic, if you still need help please let me no what issues you are still having, in your next reply.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following bold text.
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
eventlog.dll
scecli.dll
netlogon.dll
cngaudit.dll
sceclt.dll
ntelogon.dll
logevent.dll
iaStor.sys
nvstor.sys
atapi.sys
IdeChnDr.sys
viasraid.sys
AGP440.sys
vaxscsi.sys
nvatabus.sys
viamraid.sys
nvata.sys
nvgts.sys
iastorv.sys
ViPrt.sys
/md5stop
CREATERESTOREPOINT
Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedThen please post back here with the following logs: OTL.txt Extra.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277269/hijackthis-log-unable-to-install-or-browse-to-anti-virus/
Relevancy 49.88%

I get the message

iTunes is unable to browse album art on this computer .

when browsing cover flow on iTunes ( newest version for windows Xp )

I had a search around the internet , and i'm unable to find a proper soloution . I have done start - run - dxdiag and also display properties - setting - troubleshoot and dragged the bar to full !

I have direct X (newest) and it says it's working fine . please help me !

I went to the apple discussion forums and asked this , they seem slightly clueless ! I'm depending on you guys now ! please help

Mistywerty

A:iTunes is unable to browse album art on this computer . - Direct X problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
anyone know about direct X ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-is-unable-to-browse-album-art-on-this-computer-direct-x-problem.652958/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

For some time now I have been unable to view the folders in 'Browse Folder' Window.

A screen shot attached for your reference. This particular screen shot is while running Windows Media Player, but have also faced this issue with other applications.

Pls assist in rectifying this issue with my OS [XP Pro].

Relevancy 49.88%

I am having a problem with network share

I am unable to browse network share of another computer if I signed into Microsoft account

If I sign into a local account, then I can browse another computer network share folders.

How to fix this?

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi The computer that is slow is a desk top tower In a home it is a E machine it has windows professional with service pack DO KNOW I am very new to windows and all it's features When I brought this computer home last Nov it was lightening fast at everything so much better than the windows XP it replaced I was thrilled yet Now starting in April it is as slow or slower as my old Windows with XP ever was and partially the reason for saving my pennies to get this windows computer and now I'm upset feeling like slow suddenly etc browse slow computer Windows 7 to websites get on internet, to I have been taken Computer displays the following windows experience index Intel pentium dual Ghz processor Bit Has Ccleaner installed has Comodo antivirus and Comodo cleaning essentials installed All virus scans find no infections and report Windows 7 computer suddenly slow to get on internet, slow to browse websites etc that all is well and protected B C of the way the computer is operating i'm doubting that and betting there is an infections of some sort I Have run Comodo cleaning essentials and results find no abnormalities or infections Have run TFC and JRT and Windows 7 computer suddenly slow to get on internet, slow to browse websites etc the computer shows no signs of improvement have run rKill and it finds no abnormalities or infections All virus scan results find no infections Windows updates is activated and all latest updates have been installed maybe there is no infections or key logging but what then is causing the slow loading of web pages and slow to get online when i was not experiencing this when I brought the computer home I am paying for internet speed that is just under road runner speed maybe some virus program is doing too much scanning when i click to get online I'm grabbing at straws I have no clue that's why I am posting here to get help What medicine do you recommend Thank you

A:Windows 7 computer suddenly slow to get on internet, slow to browse websites etc

Hi flywelder Maybe we aren't looking at an infection here. There's tons of reasons why a system can slow down, and not all of them are malware related. Let's try to take a look at this issue under another angle shall we?MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;Execute MiniToolBox and check the following options:List Installed Programs;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575174/windows-7-computer-suddenly-slow-to-get-on-internet-slow-to-browse-websites-etc/
Relevancy 49.02%

hi cannot opera with internet internet and can but netscape explorer browse using all I have this problem cannot browse internet using internet explorer but can with opera and netscape with my IE I cannot browse the internet using IE but can with opera netscape and firefox the following is hijackthis logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT System SCardSvr exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeD Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exed PROGRA eScan VISTA avpmapp exed PROGRA eScan TRAYCSER EXEC WINNT System svchost exeD Program Files nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exed PROGRA eScan consctl exed PROGRA eScan TRAYICOC EXEC Program Files Common Files MicroWorld Agent MWASER EXEC Program Files Common Files MicroWorld Agent MWAgent exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT system Smartscaps exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC WINNT System igfxpers exeC WINNT System igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeD PROGRA eScan ESCANIPC EXED Program Files nero Nero InCD InCD exeD Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exed PROGRA eScan Vista escanmon exeD Program Files Digicert dcCert dcCertSvr exeD Program Files Digicert dcRevoke dcRevokeMon exeD Program Files Digicert dcRevoke dcRevokeSvr exeD Program Files SmartTrust SmartTrust Personal NetDetacher SmartDetacher exeD Program Files SmartTrust SmartTrust Personal Csp SmartCertmover exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeD Program Files Opera opera exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exeE cannot browse internet HiJackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C windows system blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Caw ICT Bhg Pasca PerkhidmatanN - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http www google com quot C Documents and Settings TRAINING Application Data Mozilla Profiles default yeox g slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine D A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings TRAINING Application Data Mozilla Profiles default yeox g slt prefs js O - BHO btorbit com - B - B - -B F -F B EFC - d Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitcth dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocxO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar Grab Pro - C BBCD - AD- AD- - C EACC - d Program Files Orbitdownloader GrabPro dllO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run Persistence C WINNT System igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run eScanIPC d PROGRA eScan ESCANIPC EXEO - HKLM Run MailScan Dispatcher quot d PROGRA eScan LAUNCH EXE quot startupO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run Tweak UI RUNDLL EXE TWEAKUI CPL TweakMeUpO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot D Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKL... Read more

A:cannot browse internet using internet explorer but can with opera and netscape

Hi,Sorry for delayed response. Forums have been really busy. If you still need help with this do following, please.Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool. When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt Attach.txtSave both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.Download GMER here by clicking download exe -button and then saving it your desktop:Double-click .exe that you downloadedClick rootkit-tab and then scan.Don't check
Show All
box while scanning in progress!When scanning is ready, click Copy.This copies log to clipboardPost log in your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277926/cannot-browse-internet-using-internet-explorer-but-can-with-opera-and-netscape/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone,

I set up my new O2 wireless box yesterday,wireless internet was working fine for an hour and then...stopped working??!
All lights on the 02 box are correct,my laptop says I'm connected to wireless internet and the signalis excellent, but I have lots of paquets sent and O received.
I uninstalled my firewall (Zonealarm) then I disabled Windows firewall too,nothing changed.

Anybody who could help?

Thanks a lot!

M

A:Solved: Connected to wireless internet but can't browse the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-to-wireless-internet-but-cant-browse-the-internet.877251/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I have computers on my network connected to a dlink dir wireless N router and they are both connected via dwa wireless usb adaptors They both have windows vista home premium except my computer also runs the windows beta Recently both computers have been experiancing problems cannot the after couple internet minutes but of to the connected internet browse a where it will be connected to the internet for a while and it will let you browse the internet then after a while it will not connected to the internet but cannot browse the internet after a couple of minutes load up any pages yet it will state that it is connected to the internet Even if i reconnect it to the internet it will not work however with windows it works perfectly and i havent experianced any problems Also i ve noticed when you restart the computer it seems to work again untill it decides to fail I have tried to search on the internet for a solution but most state it as being a problem with switching from a bloatware app like norton connected to the internet but cannot browse the internet after a couple of minutes to a better antivirus It would be greatly appreciated if you could help me out with this problem as its quite annoying thanks in advance for any help arj EDIT I forgot to mention I have tried alternative wireless adaptors i ve tried reinstalling the drivers ive tried different usb ports ive tried connecting it via a wired connected and it worked however it s not really practical to have a long wire running throughout the house nbsp

A:connected to the internet but cannot browse the internet after a couple of minutes

If you have any addons, disable it. Also if you have yahoo companion toolbar, remove it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-the-internet-but-cannot-browse-the-internet-after-a-couple-of-minutes.802396/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey everyone, sorry if this is in wrong area.

So today I bought a secondhand computer. It's a Toshiba Satelite L875D-S7230.

When I connect it to my home wifi it connects no problem and says 'internet access' when I hover over the icon. However when I open open google chrome or internet explorer and type in a site, it takes a little while then says this page cannot be displayed or this web page is unavailable.

The guy I bought it from says he had no issues. And I know it's not the internet because I'm using the internet to post this from phone.
I've tried a few ideas that worked for other people on other forums like using cmd box but to no avail.

Has anyone got any idea why the computer is being such a turd?? Can anyway give advice on how to fix the problem? Thank you all so much!

A:Connected to wifi, PC says 'internet access' but can't browse internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-pc-says-internet-access-but-cant-browse-internet.1131623/
Relevancy 48.59%

As the only person with a remote clue about how computers work in my family to unable for opening, or Hijack upon closes immediatly simple this browse IE things log. do files, I'm just about to earn my Computer Science Hijack this log. IE closes immediatly upon opening, unable to browse for files, or do simple things minor whooptie-ding I've been assigned the chore of fixing my mom's computer For a user on this comp running Windows Vista belonging to the administrators group IE is incapable of remaining open It's as if it's sent a message to close immeditatley after launching Control Panel fails to display 'Home'Browsing for files via a prompt from within any program fails I ran CCleaner fixed the errors I ran Windows Defender and ran a scan which of course came back with nothing I wish I understood the registry better but I don't so if anyone could help me understand where my mom's computer might be getting Hijack this log. IE closes immediatly upon opening, unable to browse for files, or do simple things these problems from this log I would appreciate it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Trend Micro AntiVirus tavui exeC Program Files x HP QuickPlay QPService exeC Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com Hijack this log. IE closes immediatly upon opening, unable to browse for files, or do simple things fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - Hosts localhostO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files x AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files x google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files x google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - C Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - Toolbar AIM Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files x AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dllO - HKLM Run WAWifiMessage ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exeO - HKLM Run Trend Micro AntiVirus C Program Files x Trend Micro AntiVirus tavui exe - --delay O - HKLM Run QPService quot C Program Files x HP QuickPlay QPService exe quot O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl ProgramFiles x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe StartO - HKLM Ru... Read more

A:Hijack this log. IE closes immediatly upon opening, unable to browse for files, or do simple things

Hello. I am PropagandaPanda (Panda or PP for short), and I will be helping you with your log.I apologize for the delay in response. We get overwhelmed with logs at times, but we are trying our best to keep up. If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you still need help, post a new HijackThis log.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favourites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. Doing so could cause changes to the directions I have to give you and prolong the time required. Further more, you should not be taking any advice relating to this computer from any other source throughout the course of this fix.If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself. Finally, please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Run Scan with KasperskyPlease do a scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner. If for some reason you cannot complete this scan, skip it.This scan is for Internet Explorer Only.If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select Run as administrator to perform this scan.Please disable your realtime protection software before proceeding. Refer to this page if you are unsure how.Open the Kaspersky Scanner page.Click on Accept and install any components it needs.The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My ComputerThis will start the program and scan your system.The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.Once the scan is complete, click on View scan reportNow, click on the Save Report as button.Save the file to your desktop.Copy and paste that information in your next post.You can refer to this animation by sundavis.This scanner will only scan. It does not remove any malware it finds.Save Uninstall List with HijackThisDouble click the HijackThis icon on your desktop.If you see a while screen, click Main Menu at the middle bottom of the window, otherwise move onto the next step.Click Open the Misc Tools section.Under System tools, select Uninstall Manager....Near the bottom right, click Save list... and save uninstall_list.txt onto your desktop.Close out of HijackThis.Post back with uninstall_list.txt.Post back with:-the Kaspersky log-the uninstall list-a new HijackThis logPlease also tell me of any changes you have made to your computer since your topic was started.If you do not make a reply in 5 days, we will need to close your topic.With Regards,The PandaImportant Note to Other Users Reading this Topic: The instructions provided in this topic below this point are for the original topic starter only. Even if you have similar problems or log entries to those given here, please do not follow the directions, especially those involving specific tools and scripts. Doing so can result in serious damage to your computer. Instead, please start your own topic. Feel free to link to any relevant topics as needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177489/hijack-this-log-ie-closes-immediatly-upon-opening-unable-to-browse-for-files-or-do-simple-things/
Relevancy 48.59%

My Lenovo a 516 connects to the virtual hotspot (my pc), but it doesn't actually receive any data. I can't browse or download.

I have a WIFI dongle (wireless usb nano adapter) connected to my pc, which i think works fine. The problem is with pc's settings because i tried this with 2 phones and outcome was the same.

I do not have much knowledge about how these things work and might have messed up some settings (ip, dns mask- all those things they as u to change,, on youtube).

Kindly help me rectify this..

PS: When i connected the phone after installing the dongle very first time it worked just fine, i was able to browse and download. Now. Then the wifi fan symbol in my phone showd 2 arrows, both sending and receiving data. Now when i open the browser and try entering any site it shows only upward arrow and thats it.

A:Android phone connected to WIFI thru virtual router but unable to browse or download.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/android-phone-connected-to-wifi-thru-virtual-router-but-unable-to-browse-or-download.1117049/
Relevancy 48.16%

I installed a parental control program for Internet Explorer but it was not allowing AOL to dial any numbers Also after shutting down the AOL Windows XP would shut down the parental control program saying that it was malfunctioning So I decided to delete the parental control program from my hard drive and I used the uninstall program of the parental control program to uninstall it After the uninstall I noticed that I could dial and use the AOL browser as usual but I could not use Internet Explorer Any web pages that I tried to visit using IE would not display and Internet Explorer would say This page cannot be displayed This is the same message that you get when you are not connected to the internet at all Apparently IE cannot recognize an internet connection when AOL is on I contacted AOL and they instructed me to a lot of things e g resetting the IE settings to default rebuilding the AOL adaptor using the AOL s System Information utility doing system restores turning off AOL s own parental control and finally even reinstalling AOL But none of these solved the problem The AOL guys told me that the parental control program must have done something to IE program files or it may have done something in the registry that they cannot figure out I searched the Microsoft data base and found AOL to Connected Internet the Explorer Internet Using While Cannot Browse and article Article ID titled Cannot Browse the Internet Using Internet Explorer While Connected to AOL However this article is for IE version and Windows and Windows Me but I use IE version sp and Windows XP Home Cannot Browse the Internet Using Internet Explorer While Connected to AOL sp The article Cannot Browse the Internet Using Internet Explorer While Connected to AOL describes a fix that must be made to the registry to fix this problem which according to the article occurs when upgrading to a new version of AOL in windows Cannot Browse the Internet Using Internet Explorer While Connected to AOL and windows Me I still tried to edit my registry according to the instructions of the article taking into account the differences among Widows XP Me and At first the problem was solved when I deleted WinSock registry key and then Started AOL then restarted the computer and deleted the WinSock key that was put there again automatically and imported the old key that I had deleted But upon restarting the computer for a second time the same problem occurred again and deleting the WinSock registry key and re-importing it again did not help I had also contacted the manufacture of the parental control program Parental Control X-treme made by StompSoft Inc but to no avail Can anybody help me Here is the link for the Microsoft article http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb en-us nbsp

A:Cannot Browse the Internet Using Internet Explorer While Connected to AOL

I'd create a new power user account as a test, install AOL there.

Make sure the Content Advisor in I.E. is disabled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-browse-the-internet-using-internet-explorer-while-connected-to-aol.315882/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an issues with a hp pavillion desktop. I just reinstalled vista home 32 bit and everything loaded just fine open IE and down at bottom left ip address is showing instead of verbal address. It displays internet explorer cannot display the webpage. ive tried diagnose connection problem and it tried to reset netowork adapter with no luck.Reinstalled network card, reset IE browser to default, started in safe mode with networking and still nothing.I pinged yahoo and got 4 recieved 4 sent. I have no errors in device manager. I called Isp provider and they said something is blocking from recieving, i need to take it in to have it fixed. i have 2 other computers on the same network wirelessly working fine, unplugged cable from hp destop and plugged it into other pc and cable is working just fine.
so any ideas or directions would be great.
thx

A:[SOLVED] Cant browse internet but connected to internet.

and welcome to the Forum

What Real Time protection are you using?

Let's try this:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-cant-browse-internet-but-connected-to-internet-595821.html