Windows Support Forum

Windows Home Premium language pack.

Q: Windows Home Premium language pack.

Heyo,

so basically what the title states, I wanna know if I have any possibilities of installing an English language pack on a Home Premium edition even though it ain't an Ultimate edition?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Home Premium language pack.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Home Premium language pack.

Found this: How to use another language pack on Windows 7 Home Premium and Professional

Use at your own risk as I've never tried it nor have any reason to do so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351758-windows-home-premium-language-pack.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hello, i know that custom language packs are available to windows 7 ultimate versions in windows updates. but rly? only in ultimate? thats just ridiculous.
srsly. I would like to install custom language pack in to windows 7 home premium, how i could i force windows to get that update in to home premium?

A:How to install language pack to windows 7 32bit home premium?

nevermind....

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/159272-how-install-language-pack-windows-7-32bit-home-premium.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I know I can install lanugage packs in Windows 7 Ultimate. But...

I installed Home premium in one of the early versions. I couldnt activate it cause I only had the RC code for Ultimate. I couldnt install language pack then. There was no option in control panel for it. The Red pointer option in the image below did not exist.
http://i43.tinypic.com/34gaweu.png
I want to install Windows 7 RTM Home Premium now. I wonder...
Can I install Slovenian language pack in Home premium? Can I install it if I dont activate Windows too? Is that possible now? Has someone managed to do it yet?

A:Can I install language pack in RTM Home Premium?

No you can't install Language packs in Home Premium as i remember you can only install Language packs in ultimate

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/19039-can-i-install-language-pack-rtm-home-premium.html
Relevancy 100.62%

When I run lpksetup exe u it only comes back with one language which is OK however scattered throughout the Vista Language Home Pack Debris Vista Premium on file system there are dozens of other languages For example searching the drive for ja-JP locates files folders And as Language Pack Debris on Vista Home Premium I said this is but one of dozens of them With dozens of languages each creating files Language Pack Debris on Vista Home Premium folders that is a significant disk space footprint Are these really necessary Is this standard Windows Vista Home Premium or it debris resulting from having bought an HP If lpksetup exe does not recognize them as MUI how can I clear them out That is just one example they are also in a lot of other places too All with date stamps before I got the PC so they obviously came on the HP build In addition to en-US this it what is strewn throughout the file system ar-SA bg-BG cs-CZ da-DK de-DE el-GR en-gb es-ES et-EE fi-FI fr-FR he-IL hr-HR hu-HU it-IT ja-JP ko-KR lt-LT lv-LV nb-NO nl-NL pl-PL pt-BR pt-PT ro-RO ru-RU sk-SK sl-SI sr-Latn-CS sv-SE th-TH tr-TR uk-UA zh-CN zh-HK zh-TW Still how do I get rid of them and recover the space They're too entrenched in the OS to simply delete without damaging the OS and I'm not yet prepared to do a clean install which of course is the correct solution Any ideas

A:Language Pack Debris on Vista Home Premium

No one with a solution?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/language-pack-debris-on-vista-home-premium-227095.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi all I've been browsing this forum off and on hunting for solutions to my many troubles with Vista over the last several months and I've finally had one that no one else seems to be having or solving For background problem Premium 32bit Home Arabic installation in - language SP2 pack? I am SP2 installation problem in Home Premium 32bit - Arabic language pack? running Home Premium bit on an HP laptop with SP currently installed When I SP2 installation problem in Home Premium 32bit - Arabic language pack? try to install Vista SP from my primary account I am the system administrator it informs me that 'Installation was not successful' due to to a 'system error' It then instructs me to run the quot Check for System Update Readiness quot tool CheckSUR to attempt to solve the problem which I have tried several times Not counting the time I installed it back in April when it first was released The error code in question was TRUST E NOSIGNATURE x b I have run through the entire list of options to try on the Microsoft official help page and have begun to try a few other things in order to solve the problem Most recently I attempted to install the service pack from Safe Mode where it informed me that the REAL problem was that I have a language pack installed that is not supported This confuses me because I don't recall ever installing the Arabic language pack have certainly never been to Saudi Arabia and don't speak or read Arabic The only language pack that shows up in the list of installed language packs when I run LPKSETUP as suggested on another thread here is English Though this WOULD undoubtedly explain why I've been seeing an optional update in my Windows Update dialog for Arabic language support for the Windows Help Needless to say I hid the update but it hasn't changed anything either Out of desperation I have even attempted to remove all the folders marked ar-SA from the Windows folder but this hasn't seemed to affect anything - the service pack still won't install and still gives the same error So you know what I've tried and something of what the problem is The other issue I've been having which may or may not be related is that my quot Turn Windows Features on or off quot dialog shows up blank Much to my annoyance But that's likely an issue for another thread And as it does not appear in Windows Update I have been trying to install SP from the Standalone installer Any help would be greatly appreciated - and thank you in advance

A:SP2 installation problem in Home Premium 32bit - Arabic language pack?

Is there anyone out there who can help me? I'm still struggling with the problem, and as Vista has been rather buggy for me lately I've started experimenting with Explorer alternatives. This has helped, amazingly, and quite a bit, but it's still only a stopgap measure. I need SP2, and the many fabled fixes it brings.

Still getting the same "due to a system error" message from my full boot. Should I try Safemode again, or is that just going to give me the same issue about the language pack? Does anyone know a way to get rid of one of those things?

Or should I just be waiting for the multi-language installation of SP2 in the hopes that that will work? Considering that I only have English listed as installed, though, that seems like a sad option. . .

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/231027-sp2-installation-problem-home-premium-32bit-arabic-language-pack.html
Relevancy 84.28%

hello seven forums, my mother recently bought another computer in another language. i wish to change this language to English, so when i'm configuring the computer, i can actually understand it, but how do i do this?

A:Changing Language on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Quote: Originally Posted by poolwizard

hello seven forums, my mother recently bought another computer in another language. i wish to change this language to English, so when i'm configuring the computer, i can actually understand it, but how do i do this?

goto region and language settings in control panel and set to english

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/151958-changing-language-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I plan to buy a laptop that comes with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. And I want to add another language for reading and typing (not to change the menu's language - MUI).

I'm currently use XP and I have an XP's CD. When I want to install a new language for reading and typing, I can easily insert XP's CD into my optical drive. But if I buy a laptop that come with an OS, I will have no CD.

So, how can I do it now? Thanks.

A:Install new language in Windows 7 Home Premium

Windows 7 language packs are only available for computers that are running Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Enterprise.

source

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/100877-install-new-language-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi everybody ..

Can I change the display language in Windows 7 Home Premium ?

I have tried to use the Vistalizator but did not succeed

if i can how I change the display language ?

Thank you

A:Can I change the display language in Windows 7 Home Premium ?

Vistalizator causes your Windows to lose its activation, changing its validation status to non-genuine. The same happens with all other known cracks to install language packs on other editions than Ultimate and Enterprise.

Read more here: Display Language Change- Win 7 Home

There is no valid and working way to completely change display language on Home Premium. If your Windows language is English, French, Spanish or Russian you might be able to install a Language Interface Pack (LIP) in your language that changes the most common menus and dialogs to your chosen language. However, according to official LIP site of Microsoft an Arabic LIP for instance does not exist.

Check avalaible options here: Download languages for Windows - Microsoft Windows

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/211833-can-i-change-display-language-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 83.42%

After a great deal of investigating online that s how I found this sweet website I was able to confirm that Windows Home Premium does not have advanced language supports That being said it is still possible to display foreign languages on your Support Premium in Home 7 Language Foreign Windows computer you just have to know how to activate them My issue started when I Foreign Language Support in Windows 7 Home Premium could not view the text for my international music After some fidgeting I found a solution This is a guide that you will not find simply by searching on Microsoft s websites as most of their tech Support is specialized for Ultimate and Enterprise Click on your quot Start quot icon and and type quot Region and Languages quot into the search bar After clicking look for the quot Keyboard and Languages quot tab and click Click on the quot Change Keyboards quot button Under the quot General quot tab look below to the box entitled quot Installed Services quot It will have your primary language listed in my case English To the right of the quot Installed Services quot box click the quot Add quot button Scroll through the list and open the drop box and then click on quot Keyboard quot Select the language you desire in my case quot Japanese quot and quot Russian quot Then click quot Ok quot to add it then quot Ok quot to close the quot Keyboard and Languages quot and the quot Region and Languages quot boxes Open up your media player and you should be able to see the text properly displayed I hope this has been helpful Let me know if you have any questions and I will reply as soon as possible nbsp

A:Foreign Language Support in Windows 7 Home Premium

With windows 7 you can go on windows update, optional updates, and choose which language you wish to download. I believe this will only SHOW the characters. Not to sure if it'll type it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/foreign-language-support-in-windows-7-home-premium.1071104/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi. I'm a Brit living n France, and have just purchased a new computer running W7 Home Premium but obviously the system language is all in French and I just can't seem to get it to change to English. I've read various (conflicting) bits online, some of which suggests I need to have W7 Ultimate in order to be able to do this. Can anyone verify?

If this is the case, am I best served upgrading to Windows 10 where it appears (again, just from what I've read) that this function is free?

Many thanks in advance for any help

(one small point is that I really don't mind whether it ends up on 7 or 10, I just want the language changed!)

A:windows 7 home premium, change system language?

Have you gone to the Microsoft site and found the various language packs that are available? You should be able to install the English (UK or US version) without any difficulty.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385147-windows-7-home-premium-change-system-language.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hey all,
I bought the Windows 7 on microsoft.com and downloaded it from the website. Turns out my computer can't handle Windows 7 and I need to know if I can get a refund since it is completely useless to me and if so how do I go about that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

A:Refund on Windows 7 Home Premium Pack

Definitely a question for Microsoft. I'd give their support or customer service line a call.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/157302-refund-windows-7-home-premium-pack.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi all,

I am planning to eventually upgrade all of my computers (a Dell Inspiron 1525, and Compaq desktop) to Windows 7, but would like the cheapest way possible to do it. I love the family pack, but unfortunately it doesn't look like its available anymore. Is it still available? Or do I have to spend more money to upgrade?

Thanks!

-McDougal

A:Is Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack still available?

It is not available anymore. It was a limited time promotion.

Your best bet now is to buy a Technet standard subscription for $199. This will give you multiple copies of every OS and every version, as well as servers and Microsoft office. It's for IT Professionals according to MS...but they don't do anything to verify this as far as I know. As long as you have a method of payment, they will sell it to you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/106575-windows-7-home-premium-family-pack-still-available.html
Relevancy 82.56%

please can somebody how i can change windows vista home premium edition language from spainish to english.

A:please can somebody how i can change windows vista home premium edition language from

Hi, Ms only made this natively possible in the ultimate version, however I have not tested this though the reports are positive :-
http://www.froggie.sk/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/please-can-somebody-how-i-can-change-windows-vista-home-premium-edition-language-from-371607.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi All

I would like to set my computer up to have two word processors in English and German with two keyboards one in English and one in German with the extra letters for German. I bought a German keyboard with the different layout. Then got Open Office office for free in German.

Struck a hitch when I found that new keyboard doesn't just plug in and work but found this good looking software will allow this to work;

Using multiple keyboards with different layouts on the same machine - CodeProject

However I still need a German language pack for Windows 7; everything points to anytime upgrade but this isn't available anymore?

Could buy window 8.1 for lots of money and might not run that well on my old 32 bit 3.5gb 2.0mhz laptop which isn't that fast anyway.

Any ideas please? Happy to pay for upgrades but don't need a whole new version of windows

A:German Language Packs Solutions for Windows 7 home premium?

Quote: Originally Posted by KiwiinSwiss

I would like to set my computer up to have two word processors in English and German with two keyboards one in English and one in German with the extra letters for German. I bought a German keyboard with the different layout. Then got Open Office office for free in German.

Hi KiwiinSwiss, welcome to the Seven Forums.

A bit long rant but I am not able to put this short so here we go. First the rant, thereafter my suggestions .

I am a multilingual Windows user, typing (and needing respective input language) in my two mother tongues Finnish and Swedish, the language of my country of residence Germany, English and occasional French. That being said I really do not understand the need for two physical keyboards on one computer.

It does not take long practice to learn that although the physical keyboard layout I have is German (QWERTZ instead of QWERTY), when I have switched to Finnish or Swedish input language (identical keyboard layouts) the physical key ?? gives me ?? and the key ? gives me +, or that although the keyboard shows that @ is typed with AltGR + Q I in fact need to press AltGR + 2. Also the time and effort needed to change the input language is nothing compared to time and effort needed to put one keyboard aside to make room for another keyboard; I need two mouse clicks for that, first to open language menu (icon in notification area) and second to select the input language needed.

Screenshot of my language menu. Screenshot is from Windows 8.1, I have taskbar vertical at left so it might look a bit odd:
I understand from your post and a bit suggestive username you have selected that your mother tongue is English and that your second language is German, one of the four official languages of Switzerland, the country where you currently reside. The part I did not completely understand is why you had to get OpenOffice in German? Using again myself as an example, my Windows and all software including Microsoft Office are in English but I can still type letters in Word using German or Swedish or compose emails in Finnish in Outlook. I have of course separate user accounts in English, Finnish, German and Swedish because I had a work where it was essential that I could either make screenshots showing Windows controls and dialogs in respective language or demonstrate them in big screen, but as I do not work anymore I have noticed it can take weeks for me not to log in to other user accounts than the main English one. What I am saying is that you don't need a German word processor or German keyboard to type in German.

The above does not mean that I am happy about how Microsoft and other software makers and online services treat us ex-pats, users who use Windows, other software and online services with a language other than the language(s) of their country of residence. Read about my thoughts at our sister forums: Microsoft Windows 9 Team: Please understand some of us live abroad!.

Conclusion:

If your goal is to be able to type using several input languages, you do not need to change anything, nor do you need two keyboards. Install and enable all input languages you need to, then swap between them with two fast mouse clicks in under a second. Tutorials:Keyboard Input Language - Add or Remove
Keyboard Layout - Change
Language Bar - Hide or Show

Suggestions:

Step 1 in this tutorial shows you how to get original Windows 7 Ultimate ISO install file. If you continue using Windows 7 and want to get multiple display languages, you need to get the Ultimate edition. Search Amazon and eBay for a 7 Ultimate product key but be careful, there are a lot of "if it sounds too good to be true it's probably not" offers out there.

When you have the Windows 7 Ultimate product key, you should be able to do an Anytime Upgrade with it. If not, you can use the Windows 7 Ultimate ISO to create an install media and do a clean install.

Upgrading to ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343796-german-language-packs-solutions-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello everybody, am a new user on this forum.

I seem to be having trouble with my operating system on my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 3710 laptop. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium Serivce pack 2 which came preinstalled on the laptop when i bought it new 4 years ago. Albeit it is a little slow these days and i just did a defrag on it. But anyway, a random BSOD turned up when i was surfing the internet like i do everyday, i was also using a flash application to upload a video to Youtube. It restarted the computer, and when the windows logo comes up before the login screen fades in, it now comes up with a BSOD(Don't ask what it said, it came on and off too quick). Now running in Safe Mode with networking that runs fine. Can anyone help me with this?

Cheers,
Scott

A:Windows Vista Home Premium(Service Pack 2)

In safe mode, disable "Automatic restart" in:
Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Startup and Recovery [Settings]
Untick "Automatically restart" and click 'OK'.

Now try to restart normally and when the BSOD appears it should stay up, allowing you to read it.
Post what it says on there, especially the error statement in block caps, and the BCC data below it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-home-premium-service-pack-2.1064083/
Relevancy 81.7%

It is currently stuck at 57 of 88 do I just waiT? It has been stuck for atleast 3hrs already

It is also on update shut down help please thanks

Specs
Windows 7 Home Premium x 64
Blu/Ray Dvd Writer
Intel i5-45670K
Asus- Z87A
8GB Ram
Corsair H55 Cooling
120 SSD
500 HDD
625 PS

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 1st Update

Yeyo mate go do a system restore after making note of that update and then check the updates to load and hide that particular one for the time being.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/301363-windows-7-home-premium-service-pack-1-1st-update.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Recently my computer had a virus. I had to do a complete system restore. Now that I have done this I am trying to install the service pack 1 for this operating system and I get to the third step and the progress bar hardly moves. I have let it run for
up to 8 hours and no progression. I tried to install the service pack 2 but it says I need 1 first. Need lots of help on this issue please. Windows update not catching that I need this.

A:Service pack 1 for windows vista home premium

Hi,

During the Windows Vista SP1 installation, this issue occurs when a third-party application holds open a file or locks a file that the Service Pack installation program
has to use. For example, a third-party antivirus or antispyware application may cause this problem. If you are running any third-party applications such as Spyblocker, Internet or web accelerators (programs designed to boost the speed of the Internet connection),
security or anti-virus programs (McAfee, Norton, etc.), I recommend temporarily disabling or shutting them down during the troubleshooting process. Please be sure to re-enable them once the process has completed.

I recommend running Reset Windows Update Tool and System Update Readiness Tool. System resources, such as file data, registry data, and even in-memory data, can develop
inconsistencies during the lifetime of the operating system. These inconsistencies can be caused by various hardware failures or software issues. In some cases, these inconsistencies can affect the Windows servicing store, and they can cause software updates
not to work. We can run Reset Windows Update Tool and System Update Readiness Tool to resolve these inconsistencies. When Reset Windows Update Tool and System Update Readiness Tool detects incorrect manifests, files, or registry data, it might replace the
incorrect data with a corrected version. Please follow the steps below.

Step 1: Run Reset Windows Update Tool and System Update Readiness Tool

1. Please download and run Reset Windows Update Tool from the link below:

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9665683

2. Please download and run System Update Readiness Tool from the link below according to the System Type:

System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista 32-bit

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2889489c-ee87-4607-8aa5-812e8078ab27&DisplayLang=en

System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista 64-bit

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=14f76773-007c-493f-bece-243bc21ac73d&DisplayLang=en

3. Restart the computer and install Windows Vista SP1. Let’s reinstall
SP1 standalone installer in Clean Boot.
For your reference, I have attached these steps as below:

Step 1: Download Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Standalone Installer
====================================================
1. Download Windows Vista SP1 from the link below according to the System Type:

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista 32-bit (Size: 544.3MB)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f559842a-9c9b-4579-b64a-09146a0ba746&DisplayLang=en

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista 64-bit (Size: 873.0MB)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=86d267bd-dfcd-47cf-aa76-dc0626dcdf10&DisplayLang=en

2. Please save it on the Desktop.

Step 2: Install Windows Vista SP1 in Clean Boot Mode
=========================================
Please disable all startup items and third party services when booting to avoid conflict when installing
Vista SP1.:

1. Click "Start", type: MSCONFIG in the search box and press Enter.

Note: Please click "Continue" if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

2. Click "Services", check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click "Startup", click "Disable All", click "OK" and restart the computer.

Note: Temporarily disabling the Startup Group only prevents the startup programs from loading at startup. This shouldn't affect the system or other programs. We can manually run these programs later.

4. Please double click the downloaded Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Standalone Installer and follow the instructions to install Windows
Vist... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4cb27dab-5a20-40c4-a406-53fb81606af2/service-pack-1-for-windows-vista-home-premium?forum=itprovistasp
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi Guys - afraid I'm a year old newby an I guess that this must have Pack Home 1 LC Microsoft Windows English OEI 7 Premium x32 SP1 DVD DSP been asked a million times but with pages to read I'm afraid I might loose the will to live by the time I have tried to find the answer - having spent all day reading various sites to find a way to fix my HP touchSmart which will not move past the windows coloured squares I think I'm going to try a clean replacement of the whole of my OEM is that right installed - amazon have a disk entitled - Microsoft Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x32 English 1 Pack DSP OEI DVD LC Windows Home Premium SP x English Pack DSP OEI DVD LCP PC - at about Is this a complete install or is it just a restore or upgrade type of disk which apparently will not do what I want Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x32 English 1 Pack DSP OEI DVD LC - and I rea lly dont fancy spending As you can probably guess - I'm not particularly computer literate either If you CAN help you'd make a 'sort of' middle-aged man very happy - Thnks Guys

A:Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x32 English 1 Pack DSP OEI DVD LC

The software you have linked is just windows, it`s the complete operating system, nothing else. ( That`s what you want )

You don`t need to spend any money, everything you need is here.
Ask any questions you like

Actually, you will have to buy some blank dvd`s, but thats it.

Does your pc have a dvd burner ?

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Clean Install : Factory COA Activation Key

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/350340-microsoft-windows-7-home-premium-sp1-x32-english-1-pack-dsp-oei-dvd-lc.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi all Spanish Change Windows OEM 7 Premium language Home SOLVED: to English I thought I'd share this with the community as SOLVED: Change language Windows 7 Home Premium OEM Spanish to English I myself had been looking for an answer for quite a time Scenario English ex-pat living in Spain Bought new laptop Toshiba Satellite L - Z with OEM Windows Home Premium in Spanish Want Windows in English I'd been trawling through the threads and had found these Completely change language of Ultimate installation amp win language change Googling also revealed I could only change the language if I had an Ultimate or Enterprise licence I had thought of downloading a legitimate English version Home Premium ISO from Digital River but a format and clean install was a last resort - even though there's plenty of OEM bloat I didn't want to risk some things not working or have problems trying to activate later So I made a C drive image just in case Solution Download MS English language Pack don't forget to check the MD hash download Vistalizator The language pack won't install by itself - probably because the OS isn't Ultimate or Enterprise but launch vistalizator it doesn't install just runs and open the language pack from there The only thing is I wanted my main account in English and a secondary user account in Spanish but SOLVED: Change language Windows 7 Home Premium OEM Spanish to English that isn't possible I CAN still change back and forth between languages but I have to do it through Vistalizator and reboot The language settings in the control panel don't do anything and the vistalizator language switch is a global change - all accounts are either English or Spanish But it works - in English and I'm loving my new laptop Regards D

A:SOLVED: Change language Windows 7 Home Premium OEM Spanish to English

I don't think this will stay here very long since vistalizator is a hack that violates the EULA.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/112035-solved-change-language-windows-7-home-premium-oem-spanish-english.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I got a problem w/ Fraps 3.5.9. Today, I was going to record some gameplay with Fraps. I booted up the game, booted up Fraps, and got ready. It looked as if everything was normal, but here's the catch. I hit the "F9" key and normally, the overlay would've gone red but it didn't. . I tried changing the key but it still didn't work. Please can someone reply ASAP . Thanks.

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 - Fraps 3.5.9 not capturing

Has this problem been an issue in the past or has it just presented it's self today?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-home-premium-service-pack-1-fraps-3-5-9-not-capturing-697783.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi I'm just posting to see if anyone can help as another forum didn't reply to my post I suffered a blue screen on my windows machine after trying to adjust the screen resoluton back to fit the pc monitor after successfully using a tv as a monitor via hdmi cable After the blue screen occured the pc shut itself down and tried to restart but stayed in restart mode black screen I eventually tried to restore to earlier point but this was unsuccessful however windows loaded with problems such as crashing BEX error and Iexplorer file probs My problem is that I never captured the error code related to the blue screen and I also do not have any 'dumps' 7 1, service premium, screen home Blue issue, pack windows bit. 64 from although there are dumps from other years which could help find the cause of the bluescreen So I am just wondering if anyone can help due to me not having any info If not will a factory restore be the best option Thanks in advance Boop

A:Blue screen issue, windows 7 home premium, service pack 1, 64 bit.

There aren't many BSOD experts out there, so it often takes time for us to catch up.In my case, I start to panic when I get 2 days behind. Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.By default it'll be a .zip file located on your DesktopSimply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/2)  Please do the following:- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."- save the file as Admin.evtx- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619043/blue-screen-issue-windows-7-home-premium-service-pack-1-64-bit/
Relevancy 79.98%

well on this website i found n icon changer n i began to use it(i never new it was for xp!) .then when i turned my computer off n then back on my folder icons were changed to a incorrupt icons it now its really pissing me off.How do i fix this problem?

A:windows vista home premium service pack 1 icons problem

Try this
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...e-rebuild.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-home-premium-service-pack-1-icons-problem-318196.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Clean install windows home premium will not update after service pack 1

Tried the current ISO that includes sp1 tried the Microsoft update repair tool it fixed some errors but could not fix 0x80070057

Formatted again and used a Microsoft disk without sp1 put the updates on all fine till sp1 then no updates.
Removed sp1 update working again found optional updates and sp1
Installed sp1 again then no updates

A:Clean install windows home premium will not update after service pack

Forgot to say it's the 64bit version the problem dose not occur on the 32bit version

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/375706-clean-install-windows-home-premium-will-not-update-after-service-pack.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello, can I upgrade my win7 64bit sp1 OEM to the win7 64bit home premium retail family pack? Thanks

A:win7 home premium 64bit sp1 OEM to home prem. retail fam pack ugrade

What would be the point ? Why do you want to ?

Is there something wrong with windows ?

You could do it by entering the retail key and reactivating, but it would waste a perfectly good oem license.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/279828-win7-home-premium-64bit-sp1-oem-home-prem-retail-fam-pack-ugrade.html
Relevancy 74.82%

any one know where to download East Asian Language pack for windows xp service pack 3? my laptop cannot read other language other than english

A:where to download East Asian Language pack for windows xp service pack 3?

if you don't have the xp disk borrow one and

http://newton.uor.edu/Departments&Pr...lation_XP.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/where-to-download-east-asian-language-pack-for-windows-xp-service-pack-3-a-473662.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I bought the sony laptop with single language pack. The OS language is in spanish. I need to change the language to english. How to change the OS language in single language windows 8.

A:Change language in windows 8 single language OS pack

Hi Hi thiru79, Welcome to Eight forums,

Check this link.

Display Language - Change in Windows 8

Keep us posted.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/36150-change-language-windows-8-single-language-os-pack.html
Relevancy 74.82%

On my recent birthday I recived a vendor full version of win 7 Home Premium in German (I live in Germany). Can I install this in english versus the default German?

Thanks in advance!
Hock

A:Home Premium installation in alternate language

Welcome to the forums Hock
No. To change the language you have to install a language pack and they are only available for Win 7 Ultimate and Enterprise. Oficial MS statement here.
Sorry...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/35797-home-premium-installation-alternate-language.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,

I am thinking about buying this pack for the family but my son thinks Home Premium will not run all his (old) XP games because according to "windows compare" Home Premium does NOT "Run many existing Windows XP productivity applications in Windows XP Mode" as does Ultimate.

anybody any suggestions what is meant with that?

thx

A:Home Premium Family Pack

With respect, I tell you to forget about all that. It is simply not applicable.

Your son is not going to require XP mode feature of the Windows 7 operating system. That is intended for applications and hardware that are not compatible to operate within Windows 7. You may think of XP mode as a bonus feature add-on, that you are never going to need to use in all likelihood.

I put my pcs to good use and as such, I play many games myself. I've been beta testing 7 for about a year now. I have not run into any compatibility issues and all my games simply work. I do not play too many older games but the ones I've tried are all good. The exception here is the original Wolfenstein.

So I suggest you go ahead with your planned purchase. I don't mind discussing with your son. He's welcome to message me if he would like ask any questions.

If you do purchase, then enjoy the great OS.

Regards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/34100-home-premium-family-pack.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have win 7 Professional on the other PC & arabic works fine. I can read the text & type. But I am installing Home Premium on this other PC & I cannot get it to activate. "Region & language" appear the same but it ain't working. Lucida console is default font on both systems. I only want arabic as an optional language to read & type with 'on call'. English to remain as system language.

Does Premium lack arabic fonts? Appreciate some guidance please.

A:Cannot get arabic (xtra language) to work on home Premium

Here - gives you all the info/set up/links for language pack

How to Display Arabic Font On Windows 7 - Learn Arabic on al3arabiya.org

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-in...-home-premium/

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/271826-cannot-get-arabic-xtra-language-work-home-premium.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello guyz ..

i've download lp-en-us form microsoft.com

herehttp://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3-19990518/cabpool/lp-en-us_c38cb05f3146b642c95743633998808fa5229875.exe

but it seems that it does not work on Vista Home Premium only work on Vista Ultimate ..

and I heared there is no en-us.mui ( English Language pack ) for Vista Home Premium ..

I wanna change my system Language form Arabic 2 English , i have not found any MUI for Windows Vista Home Premium even microsoft.com
so , can anyone help me ?

A:req : change my system Language in Win Vista Home Premium

You are quite right.. it is only for ultimatr.Dont know of any work arounds for it, either, sorry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/req-change-my-system-language-in-win-vista-home-premium.704651/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi folks

I've got yet another language question but I think its slightly different the usual!

My father bought a recon Asus laptop with Win 7 Home Premium installed in english. His wife is Colombian and at some point has managed to change the language to spanish. Now, we cannot change it back to english!

I understand that you need Win 7 Ultimate to change languages, so my question is how did she manage to change the language in the first place?!

(My guess is that when Win 7 HP is installed, it lets you set the language once so that one product can be sold in several countries.)

I understand that initially, she was getting the 'Windows in not genuine' warning, so it went back to the shop and they sorted that. Since then, she changed the language.

Any ideas?

Assume that to change it back I need to use that Visualisator software?

Thanks!

A:How did my father manage to change the language in Win 7 Home Premium?

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

If you use the Vistalizator software, you will also lose the Activation and License for the installed Windows 7, which is why you got the Windows is not genuine warning so my advice is not to use Vistalizator.

Warning message when multilingual user interface (MUI) pack is installed in incorrect edition of Windows 7: "This copy of Windows is not genuine"

I can only assume she managed to change the display language for her own user profile. To change it back to English:

1. Go to Start>Control Panel>Clock>Language>Region/Change the display language.
2. Switch the display language in the Choose a display language drop-down menu.
3. Click OK.
4. Log off for the changes to take effect (This will affect only the user profile under which you are currently logged on).

You could also try one of the following options:Try and create a new user account, and then delete the changed language one.
Reinstall Windows 7 Home Premium to get back to an English language system.
Upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate to get a choice of 34 language packs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/197024-how-did-my-father-manage-change-language-win-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Windows Home x Dutch version from upgrade Windows Home Premium x pre-installed on PC Keyboard US Screen W10 changed Home Premium Lock language - Default x64: International English QWERTY Language Dutch W10 Home Premium x64: Default Lock Screen - language changed homelanguage When PC starts up the Default Lock screen at Start Up with Secure Sign-in enabled appears In the lower left corner of the screen appears TIME day amp date In my area time-zone country the Netherlands TIME day amp data appear in lt Dutch gt This was properly displayed in Dutch I did not change or define other languages After a start-up of the PC the TIME day W10 Home Premium x64: Default Lock Screen - language changed amp date appear in W10 Home Premium x64: Default Lock Screen - language changed lt English gt This happens now after each PC Start-Up of Windows Home x Questions Is it possible to reset the Englisch language example Sunday february to Dutch example Zondag februari How to fix this What could have changed this setting I have no idea The display of time amp date in the taskbar is correct Keyboard US Int QWERTY Country NLD Within programs time amp date is correct too It is just the first Start-Up screen with Time day and date info When this screen disappears the login screen to W appears Thanks for your response Wim

A:W10 Home Premium x64: Default Lock Screen - language changed

Log on, goto start menu, click settings, click personalize, it is there (I think)
P.S. It is not Win10HomePremium it will be Home because there is Enterprise, Pro and Home.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/40044-w10-home-premium-x64-default-lock-screen-language-changed.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi

Recently, I 've rebooted my cpu, after doing so my language bar when Missing.
This is what I get when I open the Control Panel..

I wonder if anyone have a solution to get back the language bar with the ability to add additional language.

Ur help is greatly appreciated
Yvette

A:Missing Language Bar on Vista Home Premium 32 bytes system

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...board01tm.jpg/

this the image

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295360-missing-language-bar-vista-home-premium-32-bytes-system.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hope someone may be able to help, Vista SP2 32 Bit Home Premium.

Can't install Service Pack 2 at all, tried from Windows Update and tried the stand alone version and still can't do it. Vista is one big piece of garbage.

It just tells me that installation wasn't successful and reverts back. I do get an Error: E-FAIL (0x80004005) whatever that means.

Any ideas?????

A:Service Pack 2 - Vista Home Premium

Have you seen this?"Vista is one big piece of garbage"Nothing to do with Vista.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232630/service-pack-2-vista-home-premium/
Relevancy 72.24%

MICROSOFT WINDOWS LANGUAGE PACK LANGUAGES RTM X DVD FILE Pack Pack RTM 7 Language Windows and Local - x fre client langpacks -GRMCXLP DVD iso SIZE bytes SHA AB E FA E DB EDEDEAD D E B A MD FD AD C DD A C AB B CRC EA F MICROSOFT WINDOWS LANGUAGE PACK CHINESE SIMPLIFI ED RTM X DVD FILE - x fre client langpacks -GRMCXLP DVD iso SIZE bytes SHA E B FEB D B B D E BBBC BB FF FB MD E F C DC EB FC B CRC C MICROSOFT WINDOWS LOCALPACK LANGUAGES RTM X DVD FILE - x fre client localpacks-GRMCLPCKXFRE DVD iso SIZE bytes SHA FF C F CC FD E B DE D F MD D B F DB A Windows 7 RTM Language Pack and Local Pack DACE D E CRC E D MICROSOFT WINDOWS LANGUAGE PACK LANGUAGES RTM X DVD FILE - x fre client langpacks -GRMCLP DVD iso SIZE bytes SHA A B F D CDE B DD FCF F D F MD DDB B F B C A D CRC A C MICROSOFT WINDOWS LANGUAGE PACK CHINESE SIMPLIFI ED RTM X DVD FILE - x fre client langpacks -GRMCLP Windows 7 RTM Language Pack and Local Pack DVD iso SIZE bytes SHA A F BDC DDBDF CFF AA BF EDBD MD C C A E FA DA F ED CRC C F E MICROSOFT WINDOWS LOCALPACK LANGUAGES RTM X DVD FILE - x fre client localpacks-GRMCLPCKFRE DVD iso SIZE bytes SHA CEB A DEBB F DCF D D D MD C AA B F B B D F A E F CRC D D D

A:Windows 7 RTM Language Pack and Local Pack

we already know Look at the original thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/18195-windows-7-rtm-language-pack-local-pack.html
Relevancy 72.24%

first of all i had allot of trouble installing service pack x64 pack 1 7 after service premium internet home win buggy but after finaly instaling it everything went great at least buggy internet after win 7 home premium x64 service pack 1 thats what i thought Online video streaming now when i try watching a streaming video youtube for example it stops every seconds its like my internet cuts off so the video stops loading and i have to foward it a little so it can load another seconds File Downloads megaupload rapidshare mediafire torrents including when using a download manager When i try downloading something you know like anything besides streaming after a little while the download just stops it can be half way or anywhere in the download and i have to buggy internet after win 7 home premium x64 service pack 1 start it again because i cant resume it and thus i can never download anything because this happens of the time The only time i havent seen it do this is with a windows update but i dont know if it automaticaly resumes downloads Buggy internet web browsing and messed up facebook games i have a mbs internet connection before the update i used to take full advantage of my bandwitch but now when i do anything like go to google for example it sometimes responds emediatley like it should but sometimes it just halts and i have to press enter again and again untill it goes to the page and everything that involves web browsinghas the same problem in over all for me the service pack is a no go i cant see one thing that it fixed at least thats what i think now i cant even play my favorite facbook game because of this and now i even get an error on facebook that says im signed in on multiple machines O o maby the update did some bizzar things to my conection and duped it anyways i hope some one can help me soon U u

A:buggy internet after win 7 home premium x64 service pack 1

If you can download the most recent version of your network/wireless card drivers, I would do that. SP1 contained majority already released updates. There really wasn't anything new besides a few non-network tweaks (at least to my recollection).

Also, please try to ping (Start > type CMD in search bar > Enter) your router "ping your.routers.ip.address -n 10", a Web site of your choice "ping Google -n 10" for example, and do a traceroute on a Web site "tracert www.google.com" for example. If you can copy and paste what the results were, that would help me, personally, a lot.

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/160647-buggy-internet-after-win-7-home-premium-x64-service-pack-1-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a Dell Inspiron E running Vista Home Premium SP Overall it has slowed down and been not as responsive as I would expect Also I am not certain that it is running all the hardware to best potential Vista General slowness Premium Pack Home 2 - Svc For example I have seen sites that refer to this laptop as running higher resolutions than I am capable of selecting This laptop Vista Home Premium Svc Pack 2 - General slowness was given to me in its current state so I do not know a lot about all of the programs on it or any real history of problems it may have encountered I would like to run a system diagnostic type test and then any needed changes can be made to it to help performance Other issues - IPod will not safely disconnect from either the Windows interface Safely remove hardware or from ITunes I have to do a system restart and unplug it when the initial boot screen comes up On occasion on bootup I get a message saying that I do not have to proper power supply so system performance will be slower and the battery will not charge The battery icon in the tray says quot Plugged in charging quot Vista Home Premium Svc Pack 2 - General slowness but of course it is not charging and it is at so I cannot boot with battery power Not sure if this is the proper location to post this sort of message and also not sure if I need to post Hijack This logs or anything yet Thanks in advance for the help

A:Vista Home Premium Svc Pack 2 - General slowness

This laptop was given to me in its current stateThe best option for any used computer is to restore it to factory settings and see how it goes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330109/vista-home-premium-svc-pack-2-general-slowness/
Relevancy 72.24%

Services pack 1 keeps failing to install on the second stage. I have tried to install it about 8 or 9 times now but still the same. It just completes the first stage then fails.
Please can you advise me what I need to done to get this to install?
Kind regards

Adam Betts

A:Services pack 1 for Vista Home premium will not install!

Hi,

During the Windows Vista SP1 installation, this issue occurs when a third-party application holds open a file or locks a file that the Service Pack installation program
has to use. For example, a third-party antivirus or antispyware application may cause this problem. If you are running any third-party applications such as Spyblocker, Internet or web accelerators (programs designed to boost the speed of the Internet connection),
security or anti-virus programs (McAfee, Norton, etc.), I recommend temporarily disabling or shutting them down during the troubleshooting process. Please be sure to re-enable them once the process has completed.

I recommend running Reset Windows Update Tool and System Update Readiness Tool. System resources, such as file data, registry data, and even in-memory data, can develop
inconsistencies during the lifetime of the operating system. These inconsistencies can be caused by various hardware failures or software issues. In some cases, these inconsistencies can affect the Windows servicing store, and they can cause software updates
not to work. We can run Reset Windows Update Tool and System Update Readiness Tool to resolve these inconsistencies. When Reset Windows Update Tool and System Update Readiness Tool detects incorrect manifests, files, or registry data, it might replace the
incorrect data with a corrected version. Please follow the steps below.

Step 1: Run Reset Windows Update Tool and System Update Readiness Tool

1. Please download and run Reset Windows Update Tool from the link below:

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9665683

2. Please download and run System Update Readiness Tool from the link below according to the System Type:

System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista 32-bit

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2889489c-ee87-4607-8aa5-812e8078ab27&DisplayLang=en

System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista 64-bit

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=14f76773-007c-493f-bece-243bc21ac73d&DisplayLang=en

3. Restart the computer and install Windows Vista SP1. Let’s reinstall
SP1 standalone installer in Clean Boot.
For your reference, I have attached these steps as below:

Step 1: Download Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Standalone Installer
====================================================
1. Download Windows Vista SP1 from the link below according to the System Type:

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista 32-bit (Size: 544.3MB)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f559842a-9c9b-4579-b64a-09146a0ba746&DisplayLang=en

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista 64-bit (Size: 873.0MB)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=86d267bd-dfcd-47cf-aa76-dc0626dcdf10&DisplayLang=en

2. Please save it on the Desktop.

Step 2: Install Windows Vista SP1 in Clean Boot Mode
=========================================
Please disable all startup items and third party services when booting to avoid conflict when installing
Vista SP1.:

1. Click "Start", type: MSCONFIG in the search box and press Enter.

Note: Please click "Continue" if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

2. Click "Services", check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click "Startup", click "Disable All", click "OK" and restart the computer.

Note: Temporarily disabling the Startup Group only prevents the startup programs from loading at startup. This shouldn't affect the system or other programs. We can manually run these programs later.

4. Please double click the downloaded Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Standalone Installer and follow the instructions to install Windows
Vist... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4120f8ff-ae6c-437f-a40d-8d48794d9841/services-pack-1-for-vista-home-premium-will-not-install?forum=itprovistasp
Relevancy 72.24%

New problem different computer.
We have a clean install of a Home Premium retail pack, it is not installed on anything else but has been re-installed by my son a number of times and will not activate.
We tried telephone activation but when asked how many computers it is installed on there is no zero option only 1 or 2 which the reply is the licence only covers 1
We know that is what we want to do BUT I cannot for the life of me find a way of contacting anyone either by telephone or email to get a response.
Please does anyone know a uk phone number?

A:Win7 Home Premium retail pack key not working

Just use the automated activation system and when asked how many computers the software is installed on, tap the 1 key and the activation wizard will proceed normally.

If you choose 0 you won't get a response because the assumption will be that you haven't installed it on any computer and therefore can't be activated.

If need be, use this link to contact Microsoft support.

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/225401-win7-home-premium-retail-pack-key-not-working.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I see by the Microsoft website that they have removed support for Home Premium and other versions without service packs. This has pole-axed a couple of client workstations on my remote working network from receiving updates. Have tried installing the service packs manually but just get a "missing element" message. I cannot now get Windows Update to work. Any help appreciated.

A:Vista Home Premium and without service pack support

Try running the System Update Readiness tool before the sp install

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-home-premium-and-without-service-pack-support.925464/
Relevancy 71.38%

EDIT Problem solved I have the Windows Automatic Update feature turned off Every couple of weeks I manually update and install only critical and what I deem as necessary for my machine updates Everything went fine the end of October updates successfully installed I also installed the English language pack as my OS was in German I don't think 64 Update 2 Home Service Pack Vista - Premium, Serious Issues the language pack has anything Serious Update Issues - Vista 64 Home Premium, Service Pack 2 to do with the problems I'm about to describe In early November I went to do a manual update and got this screen OK it's telling me that I need to Serious Update Issues - Vista 64 Home Premium, Service Pack 2 update the updater No big deal there But Serious Update Issues - Vista 64 Home Premium, Service Pack 2 it's also telling me that I NEVER checked for updates and updates were NEVER installed Not true according to the next window I've got updates in installed Anyways I continue to update the updater It then tells me it can't complete the job and says to restart the computer and try to update again which I did So during the restart I get the message quot Do not shut the computer down update in progress quot or something similar Then while rebooting it shows the same message with a status of completion When the desktop appeared and everything settled down I go to do a manual update again and here's where the sh t hits the fan Check this window out So I do a System Restore to get back where I was before the updater update Things were back to normal I tried to update a few more times but always got the results shown above So I did one more System Restore to get back to normal and stay there Things went well until a couple of days ago when during a boot up I get the message quot Do not shut the computer down update in progress quot or something similar with a status of completion I didn't download anything to install I got suspicious and went to do a Windows Update and got this window So what can I do now to get the updater to work properly Any and all help will be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Serious Update Issues - Vista 64 Home Premium, Service Pack 2

I hope this Tutorial might be of some help:
System Files - SFC Command

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/261747-serious-update-issues-vista-64-home-premium-service-pack-2-a.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Can somebody offer some advice please I keep getting error message that Internet Explorer has stopped working ,this is happening randomly on various sites sometimes referring to closing down with something to do with D.E.P. protecting my computer from harm ,not quite sure if I have it right .
But I have never had this problem before ,one answer I have found from the help and support page is to reset Internet Explorer settings ,but it seems to undo a lot of settings.
I t suggests some software I may have downloaded could cause the problem does this mean uninstall one by one to see.?
Or disable add ons ,what is the best course of action.?

Regards Denville

A:Internet Explorer 8 Vista Home Premium service pack 2

Here is one suggestion that helps IE crashes:
Go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab, Tick "Empty Temp Internet Files Folder When Browser Is Closed" Hit OK.

You can disable third party add on's one at a time to see if it helps, a process of elimination.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-8-vista-home-premium-service-pack-2.850362/
Relevancy 70.95%

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I don't see anything closer related to a EULA type question...

A friend of mine bought this from B&H Photo and I was doing the installation, I noticed before I opened the shrink wrap the sticker was missing from the edge where it opens, it just has the "stub". I used one of these a long time ago so I can't remember for sure but it seems like it should definitely be on there?

A:Sticker missing from 3 user Home Premium upgrade pack - legal?

If there is no COA sticker showing the Product Key then you'lll need to contact the seller to ask for a replacement.

Is it possible someone who handled the package could have taken it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/250335-sticker-missing-3-user-home-premium-upgrade-pack-legal.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys, I recently changed my motherboard and cpu and was forced to reinstall my upgrade for vista home premium. Now that it has been reinstalled, I am unable to install any of the 54 required updates that are necessary for me to install the service pack. I would like to install these updates and service pack because frankly my Vista experience will suck without it. I've been on the phone with the microsoft guys for hours and have accomplished nothing. Here are some specs:

Intel Pentium 4; 3.4 ghz
2gb RAM, I have another 2gb stick that i'll install after the updates are made
Vista Home Premium Upgraded from Home Basic

Please let me know what you think-- or point me in the right direction if this question has already been answered. Thanks guys.

Ugo

A:Newly Installed Vista Home Premium: Unable to Download Updates and Service Pack

By the way, here's the error message: 80070002

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-installed-vista-home-premium-unable-to-download-updates-and-service-pack.111306/
Relevancy 69.23%

I'm in a similar situation as this guy:
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/1008546-how-replace-vista-full-windows.html

except when I boot up my disk, I only get to the 2nd step:

2) Progress Bar:
The next screen is a more graphical progress bar indicating Windows 7 is still working in the background.

it wont go past this screen.

The same thing happens when I boot it up normally(without the disk for windows 7 home premium), only with the disk in it has the windows 7 rather than the vista look.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem?

A:Solved: Replacing windows vista home premium with windows 7 home premium

Hi,
You've got this thread started too http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/1008564-laptop-hangs-loading-bar-screen.html

Is that one now solved too? You've marked this one solved, could you explain how you solved it in case others need to solve the same problem sometime in the future?

Thanks

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-replacing-windows-vista-home-premium-with-windows-7-home-premium.1008999/
Relevancy 68.37%

Greetings Tech Support Guy, The computer I wish to purchase has Windows Vista Home Premium preinstalled, with a ticket to purchase an upgrade To Windows 7 Home Premium.
As I wish to use Windows 7 immediately (without bothering with Vista Home Premium) can you please advise, in detail, how I can delete Vista completely and install Windows 7 with minimum fuss.
All help greatly appreciated,
With Best Regards
Outofthedarkness

A:Replacing Vista Home Premium with Windows 7 Home Premium

When you get the Vista DVD, boot from it and choose Custom "advanced" installation. Then highlight the partition you want to put 7 on (preferably the Vista partition) then click "delete" (be careful which partition you choose) once the old Vista partition is deleted, be sure the new unallocated partition is highlighted and hit next to continue installing 7. Here is a screenshot, your partition structure may be slightly different.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacing-vista-home-premium-with-windows-7-home-premium.871294/
Relevancy 67.08%

I installed Windows 8 Pro and installed an additional language(let's say it's B) pack, changed system display language to B, and system locale to B.

And I got infinite BSOD after installing some drivers(not related to language pack, just I made mistake installing old programs), so I 'refresh'ed the system.

Guess what, after the refresh, system display was set to English(united kingdom, which is default), AND system locale remained as language B.

This is the problematic part;
1.I CANNOT change system display language to B, it says it's unavailable.
2.The system regards the language pack is already installed because I can still use B as system locale.
3.I cannot reinstall or remove the language pack. LPKSETUP doesn't detect B.

SO i'm pretty much stuck, and I don't want to reinstall just to change the system display language.

Is there any solution to this(removing/reinstalling language pack)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/system-language-messed-up-after-refresh-unable-to-remove-reinstall-language-pack-672592.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I found this official link 1 hour ago after searching for 2 years.

I own an Office 2007 Student Pack in Italian - but I'm used to excel formulas in English,
and to have all Office in English. The interface being in Italian it's a pain.

Microsoft 2 years ago discontinued the support for language pack support,
I was pointing there to change interface every-time I had to reinstall.
The PC Main Disk crashed, and over the pain to do the full install of everything,
I discovered that I was stuck with an Italian Office !
DUH !

Now they came back and offered a good solution ... full download of the older Office version ... any language.
(only 32 bit)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...office?ref=o12
Hope it will help some other People out there !

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/75472-older-office-2007-2010-language-pack-language-version.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I found this official link 1 hour ago after searching for 2 years.

I own an Office 2007 Student Pack in Italian - but I'm used to excel formulas in English,
and to have all Office in English. The interface being in Italian it's a pain.

Microsoft 2 years ago discontinued the support for language pack support,
I was pointing there to change interface every-time I had to reinstall.
The PC Main Disk crashed, and over the pain to do the full install of everything,
I discovered that I was stuck with an Italian Office !
DUH !

Now they came back and offered a good solution ... full download of the older Office version ... any language.
(only 32 bit)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...office?ref=o12
Hope it will help some other People out there !

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/398472-older-office-2007-2010-language-pack-language-version.html
Relevancy 66.65%

When I run the Windows Event Viewer I get errors with an Event
ID of 1003 related to the Windows Language Pack.

Looking at my System Restore points, I see several incidents of Windows Language Pack INSTALLS and UNINSTALLS.

Further,in TASK SCHEDULER, I see the Lpremove Task with both "sucess" and "was stopped" at different times.

I have one language pack installed ie. Canadian English.... Eh?

What is the problem? What is the solution.

Thanks,
Hasiel

A:Windows Language Pack

These ideas may help
LPRemove.exe Causes LanguagePackSetup Error (EventID 1003) in Vista SP2 in Windows Vista Installation

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287267-windows-language-pack.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I've been googling for quite some time now and I can't find the answer Where can I find a Swedish language pack for Windows Enterprise SP x I have seen stuff like quot Build quot when googling but I thought those were for the old beta version of win If it's somehow Language Windows Pack relevant I don't know what Windows Language Pack Build this Windows Language Pack OS is and I don't know how to find out According to google I am supposed to run Windows Update to get the language packs However Windows Language Pack when I manage to run the update it finds nothing Most of the times I run Win Update I get an error code saying EE I believe that code means Win Update is too busy to handle my request at the moment I got this message last night When I turned on the computer this morning I was able to update though Now a few hours later I get the damn error message again I also wasn't able to download anything from HP's ftp servers on the computer Drivers -I believe this might have something to do with the win update issue Conclusion tl dr -I can't find a Swedish Language Pack anywhere I would very much like one -Windows Update is acting weird error code EE -I can't seem to download from connect to FTP servers Bonus Off-Topic question -Why doesn't my signature show up anymore Help appreciated

A:Windows Language Pack

Hi there
Download the SWEDISH LIP from here

Download languages for Windows - Microsoft Windows

Even includes obscure languages like WELSH etc.

I used the Icelandic one -- works a treat on my systems. In some cases you need to install over a base ENGLISH version of W7 but I think for Swedish installing over ANY installed language version of W7 base should be OK -- the list contains the requirements.

Once you've installed go to control panel regional settings and you can get around 99% of the Interface switched to the alternate language(s). You can install as many as you like and note the Logon screen if you set the administrator options in control panel will also be presented in your chosen language.

You need to have W7 PRO or higher unfortunately -- it won't work with HOME PREMIUM -- which IMO is daft since corporates often use ENGLISH but home users are much more likely to want W7 in their native language.

You should find no trouble installing on W7 Enterprise whether X-86 or the 64 bit version.

You can switch back to the original English any time after install too.

Cheers
jimbo.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/141156-windows-language-pack.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey guys I want to upgrade my OS from Vista Home Premium to Upgrade Premium Home to Windows 7 Home Windows Premium Vista Home Premium and I have the Anytime upgrade DVD provided at the time when I bought my laptop which came pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium Since this is the first time I will ever try to upgrade my OS and I will be paying for it lol I wanted Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade to clear a few doubts before I went about it My current OS is a Deutsch German version I want my new OS to be in English So my question is - Will the upgrade process provide me with the option to choose an installation language I researched a bit about language packs and if I'm not very wrong Multiple language packs work only for Business and Ultimate versions but not for Basic and Home premium Third party language packs like Vistalizator has been reported to work fine but Microsoft doesn't recommend it and some users have reported to have problems where it pops the message quot your windows is not genuine quot So should I do an upgrade or just do a clean install with an Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade original Windows Home Premium DVD

A:Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade

Welcome
I am not sure about the answer regarding the language pack, but I am sure about the upgrade or the clean install. Do the clean install. A clean install is always preferred over an upgrade. With an upgrade all the old problems that may exist with the OS are just carried to the new installation.
Upgrades often fail, either because of third party software that is not compatible, or malicious software that breaks in the new install.
There are some members that back up their stuff and do a clean install on a regular basis to have the OS run smoothly as the first day. Trust me go with the clean install and enjoy your new OS

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/302253-windows-vista-home-premium-windows-7-home-premium-upgrade.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi friend
I want to remove Persian language from " Add Input Language part". Bu I don't know how do it.
please help and guide me.

I have captured from it. My mean I want remove this part. Look at the picture

My version windows is Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Thank you

A:How can I remove a language pack from Add Input Language part?

Why do you want to remove it ?

As long as it`s not installed, it`s not on the PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381848-how-can-i-remove-language-pack-add-input-language-part.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hiya

Office 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Language Interface Pack ensures that Office 2003 performs with complete functionality when you use an Office 2003 Language Interface Pack.

System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP
This update applies to the following programs:
Microsoft® Office 2003 Language Interface Pack

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e8-8193-4c32-9019-9980ecd6874a&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2003-service-pack-2-for-language-interface-pack.418986/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello there

I got a PC that has German language installed.

I do not understand anything, can I download and install English Language Pack for that windows XP SP2 without total format?

Thanks

A:Windows XP English Language pack?

you usually have to buy the english version of windows to get english

Windows PowerShell 1.0 English Language Installation Packages for Windows Server 2003 and for Windows XP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-english-language-pack-620421.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello

I've installed Windows 7 Professional and I'd like to install a language pack on it (it's in English now). I've searched the internet and it seems language packs are only available for Ultimate and Home Premium.

Unless, you have a MSDN account. I've got MSDN access but I'm not sure if it's true. Is it? And does it contains the language I want (Dutch) or can I check this?

Tia

A:Windows 7 Professional Language Pack

http://nw360.blogspot.com/2009/10/in...e-pack-on.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-professional-language-pack-428786.html
Relevancy 65.79%

My problem is that I can't read/write in Hebrew on Windows applications (non-Unicode).
The problem is that i'm using a "special" version of WINXP SP2, that came without the language pack. I Have an original copy of full WINXP, and i'm looking for a way to add the language pack from it.

I tried following instructions on how to add Hebrew via the Control Pannel Regional Settings, but it didn't work. It returned an error msg reporting "The installation could not be complete. Please contact the administrator".
Can someone help?
Any help will be apprecitated.

Thanks.

A:Adding Windows XP SP2 Language Pack

Maybe this?

http://www.shoshke.net/uyip/win-installer.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-windows-xp-sp2-language-pack.413496/
Relevancy 65.79%

Does anyone know if the MUI pack that is to be included in the Ultimate editon if it is available for download yet. I have the RC-1 loaded and would like to try this as well.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/caf219df-4327-46cd-9d3b-36675e40abba/mui-language-pack-windows-vista-rc1?forum=itprovistaapps
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

Recently I installed Windows 7 Enterprise and realized that no language pack are available for download via the Windows Update.

Is it possible that Windows 7 Enterprise does not offer this option or just my DVD Setup?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

A:Windows 7 Enterprise Language Pack..

Windows 7 language packs are available for computers that are running Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Enterprise. The Windows 7 language packs can be installed only from the Optional Updates section in Windows Update. However, these language packs are not available on the Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) server or through the Microsoft Download Center.

To download and install a Windows 7 language pack, follow these steps:
Start Microsoft Update. To do this, click Start, type Microsoft Update in the Start Search box, and then click Microsoft Update in the Programs list.
Click the optional update links for the language packs.
Under the Windows 7 Language Packs category, select the desired language pack.

Note If you install many additional language packs, the disk space and system performance are affected. In particular, disk space and system performance are affected during servicing operations, such as Service Pack installations. Therefore, we recommend that you only add a language pack to your computer if you will use the language pack.
Click OK, and then click Install updates to start the download and installation process.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/82235-windows-7-enterprise-language-pack.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi, i'm using Windows 7 home premium SP1. I can't seem to install any language packs, especially chinese, which is pretty important to me, in the windows update page. Any tips on how to go about? Thanks!

A:Help with Chinese Language Pack, Windows 7 HP SP1

Yes, you will need to upgrade/download Windows 7 ultimate to get language packs. Home Premium only comes with 1 language pack. You can get Home Pre. in English or Chinese when you purchase it, but you can't change it later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/275183-help-chinese-language-pack-windows-7-hp-sp1.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I want to install the Chinese Language pack so I can see the Login screen in Chinese saying ?? instead of
Welcome in English

And please don't tell me to go into Windows Update to look for it there because I don't have that option see?
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt340/Elfen-Lied/Untitled2-1.png

Also please don't tell me to look in Keyboard and Language, here is a screen shot of why I can't.
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt340/Elfen-Lied/Untitled-2.png

I have looked for months on different websites for a Chinese Language pack, actually it's almost been a year to be honest.
All I want is a Alternative download..

A:Windows 7 64 Chinese Language Pack

See Microsoft KB @ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972813/ and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2105247
Windows 7 language packs are available for computers that are running Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Enterprise
Windows 7 language packs are available for computers that are running Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Enterprise. The Windows 7 language packs can be installed only from the Optional Updates section in Windows Update. However, these language packs are not
available on the Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) server or through the Microsoft Download Center.

To download and install a Windows 7 language pack, follow these steps:

Start Microsoft Update. To do this, click Start

Collapse this imageExpand this image

, type Microsoft Update in the Start Search box, and then click
Microsoft Update in the Programs list. Click the optional update links for the language packs. Under the Windows 7 Language Packs category, select the desired language pack.

Note If you install many additional language packs, the disk space and system performance are affected. In particular, disk space and system performance are affected during servicing operations, such as Service Pack installations. Therefore,
we recommend that you only add a language pack to your computer if you will use the language pack.
Click OK, and then click Install updates to start the download and installation process.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0993ce99-2cb5-41c1-a71b-6d0d376ead5b/windows-7-64-chinese-language-pack?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 65.36%

Ive installed the following language display packs via windows update korean chinese japanese The problem is that the korean language isnt working language windows pack install bugged 7 properly and shows squares for my folder names and i cant uninstall it since its not listed but english chinese and japanese are listed and in windows update korean is missing but in regional options windows 7 language bugged install pack display language i can 'see' korean but its in boxes so for me to see the korean characters i need to select it then log off and log in again for it to work and everything is in korean but i only want my folders to be in korean not the whole OS so i have to change to english and windows 7 language bugged install pack relog again and the korean character work fine but next time i turn on the computer the korean characters shows squares again any solutions to this btw when i installed the korean it said update failed and became missing and i havent had that message so basically 'korean' is missing or bugged

A:windows 7 language bugged install pack

an question to my problem,
couldnt i just manually remove the korean language pack and get it to show on windows update? that'll be like reinstalling but the long way. but if this way does work i dont know how to manually uninstall the korean language pack -_-

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/102998-windows-7-language-bugged-install-pack.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a problem with a laptop, from Thailand, that has a Windows Thai Language Pack on. The problem is that it is my friends laptop, who is Thai, but he wants it all to be in english.

The Thai Language Pack seems to change alot of the windows program names and folders into Thai, but he wants them to be English.

So, can i just remove it and it will go back to a normal windows, all in english?
Or, will it not work without the pack?

If it was my laptop i would just remove it and see what happens, but my friend has about 20 Gb of games on it, and about 60Gb music. So i really don't want to mess up his computer.

Also, if i download a English Language pack, would it overide the Thai one?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thai-language-pack-on-windows-problem.652571/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello, I have Asus X202E Vivobook bought with Windows 8 Japanese OS version. I had the OS switched to English.  Yesterday
I installed Windows 8.1, I can see that the english language pack is still there in the system but it shows unavailable.  I'm unable to switch the OS back to English or read anything as I do not know japanese.

I tried to install another english language display of English (UK) but it's just not working. So for example, if I open
my control panel, everything is in Japanese, whereas before the 8.1 update, I was able to view everything in English.

Could anyone suggest what I should do to switch to english?

Regards.

A:Language Pack not usable message in Windows 8.1

Download the new 8.1 MUI:
EN-GB
32Bit: http://fg.v4.download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/updt/2013/09/lp_43e709fc9932e26431ff87e163daaaeae15677eb.cab
64Bit: http://fg.v4.download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/updt/2013/09/lp_55c5ff4da1d83ae6f4ebd1f8c020cb80ceda7da8.cab

EN-US
32Bit: http://fg.v4.download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/updt/2013/09/lp_45b0cfb6b0bfd5984faa3cd64b7b8f2b2a72465e.cab
64Bit: http://fg.v4.download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/updt/2013/09/lp_8fa033dd9ab61a528192eaa696088d582f112e68.cab

Rename the file to LP.mlc and double click it to install it."A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ec4419df-ea0b-4da9-8750-063126debe97/language-pack-not-usable-message-in-windows-81?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 65.36%

I Installed Windows 7 Thin Pc , it was in english.
I want to install a french pack of language but I can't found a way to do that.
In control panel, regional option when try to click on Install/Uninstall more language an error messgae said :lpksetup.exe not found on system 32 .
How can I change windows to french language ?

A:Language Pack Install for Windows 7 Thin Pc

Is the ThinClient, using Jstream?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/349848-language-pack-install-windows-7-thin-pc.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi. I buy a laptop and the default language is German i want to install the Greek pack and every time i try says language pack installation failed, i download the pack and try manually but again the same.. any ideas ??

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/30250-windows-8-language-pack-installation-error.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Microsoft Windows 7 Build 7264 64-Bit - Language Pack (ISO)

Download HERE

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi.

I have a PC with Windows 8.1 single language pack(OEM DVD) and I need to get a new language pack.

But since the OS being single language pack, I am not able to download another language pack,

and so I thought I would get a 8.1 Pro or a normal NOT single language pack and do an upgrade.
(a wee bit sideways though )

So here is the Q.

If I get myself a 8.1 pro(non-single language), will I be able to upgrade my OS to a normal 8.1 pro?

Need to be typing in both Korean and English but I'm stuck with only English...

A:Windows 8.1 single language pack upgrade

You should be able to upgrade if you have bought the 8.1 Pro key. I've not tried it as I never had single language but MS says you can.

Add features: FAQ - Windows Help

Can I add features to my Single Language edition of Windows?Yes. If you bought the Windows 8.1 Pro Pack or Windows 8 Pro Pack, you should be able to install it and activate Windows successfully.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/58842-windows-8-1-single-language-pack-upgrade.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I tried installing Japanese language support onto my Windows XP SP but upon restarting as it prompted me to do I can t log into Windows I select my user name it says quot Loading personal settings quot but then it dumps me back on to the log in screen allowing me to re-click my name to the same effect I Can't after installing log Japanese Pack Language into Windows didn t have a password set as it is my home computer I just had it set to the log in screen since I built the machine just for me to click on my user name I tried doing safe mode and logging into Can't log into Windows after installing Japanese Language Pack the administrator but the same thing happens I tried reverting back to the quot last good configuration quot at the menu that comes after spamming F but that didn t change anything Can't log into Windows after installing Japanese Language Pack Debug dumps me at the same menu I have no idea what to do Help please EDIT I have the Windows XP SP disc which is how I was able to log in However I don t have the password or registration key handy EDIT I tried installing fixing windows but it didn t work gave an error saying the signature was invalid error b setup log files should contain more information I can get to the c command line From there is there any way to initiate a system restore to previous settings or change the registry to skip the log in screen nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-log-into-windows-after-installing-japanese-language-pack.850202/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi, I am looking to buy a laptop here in Germany where I live, but as an 'auslander' (i.e foreigner), my native language is English, so I'm wondering if its possible to change the user language to English on the low-end laptops equipped with 'Windows 8.1 with Bing.'

From what I have read online, there are supposedly no handicaps or limitations for the end user for the Bing-version Windows, however, I have noted from this article that the "About Windows" screen cap states something to the effect of it being a 'single language.'

Does this mean that I cannot switch to everything being in English with this version of Win 8.1, or is it still possible to add a language pack?

Thank you!

A:Adding Language Pack to 'Windows 8.1 with Bing'

Hi Gb33, welcome to the Eight Forums.

Myself an ex-pat living in Germany I know how important but sometimes difficult it is to find a computer here with pre-installed OS in any other language than German. Luckily Windows 8 made this a bit easier due language packs being available in all editions except single language edition.

Windows 8.1 with Bing is available in four different versions. One of them, Windows 8.1 with Bing China we can forget . Remains Windows 8.1 with Bing Single Language, Win 8.1 with Bing N and normal Windows 8.1 with Bing. You can use language packs (change display language from German to any language) in both N and normal versions, the Single Language can only be used in its original language.

Short: ask the store, check what version of Windows 8.1 with Bing the laptop has. Version N comes without Windows Media Player and other media features but these can be easily added by yourself with no cost (Download Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 8.1 from Official Microsoft Download Center). You can use language packs in version N to change your display language. Windows 8.1 with Bing normal version has all media features and can also use language packs.

Be careful, check that you will not get a German Single Language version.

Kari

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/55343-adding-language-pack-windows-8-1-bing.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Just installed Win 8 Release Preview to my VMware.
All appear to be fine except..... Language pack.

When I had the Win 8 Consumer Preview , language pack included Chinese Simplified but not Chinese Traditional.
Now with the Release, Chinese Simplified is not available either.
What gives ?

t-4-2

A:Windows 8 Release Preview - language pack

Oh, I get it.
Do I have to create a new VM machine and install the Chinese Simplified or Traditional Windows 8 iso ?

t-4-2

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/6519-windows-8-release-preview-language-pack.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,
I am busy with creating a new image "Windows 7 enterprise English" for our new site.
After done all 206+ updates , I installed a new Language pack (Hungarian). Did a reboot.
Now it started over to install all updates ... why is this happening? Is this normal??

Kr,
Joeri

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/733cc13b-47f1-4da9-8ea6-04bde6b088b4/windows-updates-are-done-all-over-after-installing-language-pack?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello, I have a Windows 7 Professional system, but language packs are not supported by this version of OS. Are there any way to switch the language of my PC from another language to English?

Relevancy 64.5%

just like File Transfer and Explorer crashing constantly Been the whole day trying to get the Spanish Language pack installed ion this my wife's Windows machine should have bought her a mac - I knew Windows was asking for trouble What I have tried so far downloading a Net cleanup tool and manually deleting failed Net installations that update reied installing Following attempts to install the a Language 7 on total Installation Windows Pack nightmare language pack via the updater I thought this might be the culprit but having since been able to update all the Language Pack Installation a total nightmare on Windows 7 failed Net fixes this is obviously not the proplem Downloading and trying a manual install having done a dll cleanse via ccleaner between step one and this Still nothing doing Attempted installs following a selective start up clean boot and safe mode start still nothing doing expanding the downloaded pack and trying to install it via the installer hours later I am pulling my hair out Never once got horrors like this on Mac in years and with WIndows every day is a nightmare Please help me fix this so I can get out of hell as fast as possible and back to paradise where I can get sone real work done instead of rebooting every minutes and fixing dlls and issues like this every hour

A:Language Pack Installation a total nightmare on Windows 7

You might want to look at these threads and posts...

Display Language Packs - Install and Uninstall

Install or Uninstall Display Languages Shortcut - Create

Display Language - Force to Overwrite All Users

Display Language - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/215366-language-pack-installation-total-nightmare-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi, I am having a problem with installing the English language pack on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1. It is now in Polish since I am polish and the edition I have is called Windows 7 Ingresso which is basicaly a cut down version of Win7 with some great programs preinstaled and is also really fast. The thing is I like doing youtube tutorials to some programs and things like that, but can't because Windows is in Polish...

I tried installing the English Language Pack through Windows Updates but it gives me an error code 800736B3

Anyone got any ideas?

Any help much appriciated thanks

A:Windows 7 SP1 - English Language Pack Installation Error : 800736B3

Hello baertekxx12,

Peruse the link below to see if it provides any useful information.

Quote:
Microsoft has no publicly available information for error code 800736B3.
Other threads in Answers forums very strongly suggest that error code 800736B3 is a symptom of system corruption/damage, most often caused by, e.g., one or more Norton realtime-protection processes, an infection, and/or injudicious use of "Registry cleaners" (e.g., Registry Mechanic; System Mechanic; RegCure; Advanced SystemCare; AVG PC TuneUp; PCTools Optimiser; CCleaner).

Error installing any language pack using windows update - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/194947-windows-7-sp1-english-language-pack-installation-error-800736b3.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello everyone Here is the deal I made a Windows Pro gold image with updates in it When I deploy it in english everything works fine The problem is when I deploy it and add screen, login) no pack (Black Language Windows 7, MDT and - KSOD a language pack with MDT the deployment works just fine although after a reboot windows install updates then reboot to a black screen with a cursor before login The problem only occurs when I am installing Windows 7, KSOD (Black screen, no login) - Language pack and MDT the french language pack with MDT installed using the package option with MDT after the deployment has completed It also only happen if I wait a quot long quot time after deploying and first reboot If I reboot quickly and manually install windows update before it reboots it does not seem to have the problem Additional information CTRL ALT DELETE or CTRL SHIFT ESC does not open task managerSafe mode also comes to black screenEnabling debug mode does not give any interesting dataUsing quot last known good configuration quot does not workThe problem occurs on many different hardware and only when using language packs so it is not driver relatedUsing startup repair works but it is completely useless because I am trying to do a deployment The setup Windows Pro SP x with all updates up to a month ago Installed in EnglishPowershell net Gold image was done in a virtualbox VM with GB ram cores gb hdd with d hardware acceleration enabledMDT update build Language packs lp cab are installed using the package section in MDT I would like to avoid injecting them in the WIM for flexibility reasons I have removed the content of windir Software Distribution Download to save space in the WIM although leaving them there does not fix the problem How does the problem occurs Deploy with MDT select french language packLeave office for one hour or two deployment takes around minutes After deployment move computer in proper OU to trigger windows updates updates are disabled in the gold image RebootBlack screen I've been hitting the Microsoft wall for two weeks now with no solution I've tried to create different gold images different hardware I always end up with the same problem Any help insight or other would be much appreciated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fe001656-9df4-4e4e-9bd2-1f2faebe1fff/windows-7-ksod-black-screen-no-login-language-pack-and-mdt?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 63.64%

I would like to start off by saying the past couple weeks I have tried desperately to figure out why my computer has turned to junk Laugh at the expense of my illiteracy but I can assure you I am trying I have only used my computer to browse and type papers recently I have really been interested in what technology has to offer I recently updated to Windows Home Premium Service Pack My computer takes forever to load media players are ridiculous and my computers overall performance is embarrassing My windows experience index can not be computed and it currently shows a base score of My processors calculations per second is a As far as graphics they are not detected and have MB next to them I realize I am asking a lot of this forum and obviously my ignorance led to this rats nest I have researched threads but to be honest I get nervous deleting or messing with stuff because I don't want to make things even worse I wish I had the money to just purchase an awesome setup but I would really like to learn my own computer system from honest tech die hard's Therefore I made an account with this forum and put my case out there Please help me out I ATTACHED MY PERFORMANCE INFORMATION AND TOOLS Thanks alot Attachment

A:Windows 7 premium service pack 1- Need help Please!

What exactly do you mean by "updated to windows 7" who installed it ?

Where did you get the install dvd from ?

I would re install windows, can you read your activation key ?

Also consider buying a solid state hard drive.

And............Welcome to Seven Forums

Get rid of Norton, garbage In my opinion.

Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is all you need.

2.5 for a cpu is very low, and it looks like you haven`t installed any graphics drivers yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/290006-windows-7-premium-service-pack-1-need-help-please.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello! I get error code 8007002 when I install language packs(English).

I'm sure installed the English language pack on my computer and switch to English.
After reboot my computer it show up original(Chinese language).
Than I check my computer is show currently Display:English
I try to switch to english again but can't find English language pack in my computer.Than I download it again and reinstall again.during install get a error code
8007002.I have tried the Microsoft suggested solution. (deleting Software Distribution, somthing like that)but still not work.Please help

Attached CBS for download Attachment 241858

currently display language
Attachment 241860

missing english pack
Attachment 241861

English pack still here??
Attachment 241862

error code when install the english pack again
Attachment 241863

A:Windows 7 Service Pack 1 language packs (Kb2483139) error (8007002)

Hello Roy and welcome to the forums

Thanks for following the first post instructions It makes my life a lot easier!

Could you follow all of the steps outlined on this page please:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2509997

Do not follow steps #8 and #10. The SoftwareDistribution folder should never be touched (apart from in a few exceptional circumstances)

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/264925-windows-7-service-pack-1-language-packs-kb2483139-error-8007002-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Folks Firstly i would like [SOLVED] 7 7 Premium to Windows x64 Home x64 Premium upgrade Windows How to to appologize if i've post in wrong section or there's a similiar problem posted already i already search for similiar question but didnt found any I did some google search also with no luck Here's my story I've purchased an Acer Laptop [SOLVED] How to upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium x64 to Windows 7 Premium x64 last year it came shipped with Windows Home Premium and i've been using this OS until now I really like this OS this is the best OS i've ever tried but now i feel like upgrading to Windows Professional x So lets say if i have already purchased a copy of genuine Windows Professional x how do i install it Just insert the Installation Disc and it shall prompt me with upgrade menu Or Do i need to boot from CD-ROM and run installation from there Lets say if i can just run installation by inserting Installation Disc and click quot Upgrade To Windows Professional quot will it 'overwrite' my current documents User Settings Themes Gadgets These settings are important for me i wish to keep them untouched if possible This is question Question What will happen to my previous Windows Home Premium x licence if i decided to upgrade When i bought this laptop they dont give me any installation disc so i cant re-install this OS Question What will happen to my Ms Office licence As far as i know once we activate the copy and register at Microsoft which i already did It cannot be activated twice Question Application like Egistec - WinLocker NTI Backup Now Softwares Bundled i'm wondering if they still can be used after upgrade Will the licence valid Thanks so much for your feedback it'd be greatly appreciated And sorry for my broken english

A:[SOLVED] How to upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium x64 to Windows 7 Premium x64

Hi and welcome to TSF the info on upgrading should be here http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/default.aspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-how-to-upgrade-windows-7-home-premium-x64-to-windows-7-premium-x64-541225.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I'm considering upgrading an old 530s from VISTA Home Premium 32 Bit to Win 7 Home Premium 32 Bit. Will an OEM version work and where can I get a fair deal on Win 7?

A:Dell 530s upgrade from VISTA Home Premium 32 Bit to Win 7 Home Premium 32 Bit

You are best to take the unofficial upgrade path to Windows 10 via the expired 10130 Insider Preview:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/windows-xpvista-→-windows-10-free-upgrade/

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19670607
Relevancy 61.92%

i recently got windows vista home premium and decided to upgrade my windows xp home edition SP3. It was going great until it needed to complete the upgrade. Up ntil 64% all was well. But once it hit 64% for awhile the computer shut down. After it shut down on its own i rebooted it and it said "upgrade unsuccessful. restoring your previous windows and settings. Do not turn off or restart your computer." I really want to know how to install it without any problems and i need help. Anything will be good and appreciated!
I have a Compaq Presario C301NR whit 2gigs of ram and 320gig HD. I still have the disc and everything and the computer was not harmed. After it shut down on its own

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-in-windows-vista-home-premium-upgrade-from-windows-xp-home-edition-sp3.834046/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi guys first of all sorry for my english i'm from Portugal and i see that in this forum the people maybe can help me So the problem that i have is when i try update my windows to Service Pack in Windows Update I leave trying to Error service pack Premium update 1 7 Windows here a print of what show in my pc Update Error Print And now the CheckSUR Quote Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Error trying update to service pack 1 Windows 7 Premium Package Manifests and Catalogs f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum Line n l hV Error trying update to service pack 1 Windows 7 Premium w amp H n t T Gn O f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store Summary Seconds executed Found errors CBS MUM Corrupt Total count CBS Error trying update to service pack 1 Windows 7 Premium Catalog Corrupt Total count Unavailable repair files servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat I try what the windows says to do something about download the preparation application but show the same thing Have this a solution Or the only one is format Best Regards from Portugal and keep going this excelent forum

A:Error trying update to service pack 1 Windows 7 Premium

Hello & welcome levezinho,

Generic steps to take before installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

* How to increase your chances of installing Service Pack 1 successfully.
Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Download Center

*Clean out all of your App Data> Local>Temp...
Start > Run > %temp% > ok > Organize > Select all.> Organize > Delete > You may be asked to
"Try again" or " Skip"

* Run the SFC /SCANNOW command. This will check and repair if necessary any critical Windows system files.
Click on Start/All programs/Accessories then
Right click on Command Prompt option and select 'Run as administrator'.
At the command prompt enter: SFC /SCANNOW

* Run the System Update Readiness Tool:
Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2

* Steps to take before installing Win7 SP1
Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Download Center

* Windows 7 - Service Pack 1 ? How to install Step by Step
Further links for you to peruse.

Windows Update error 800B0100

windows 7 service pack 1 kb976932 with error code 0x800B0100 - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/185938-error-trying-update-service-pack-1-windows-7-premium.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi
Please advice on the performance comparison between
- Windows 7 Home Basic versus
- Windows 7 Home Premium
assuming if both uses the same 8GB RAM.

Just a hearsay...that Windows 7 Home Basic is lagging behind Windows 7 Home Premium in terms of performance assuming if both uses the same 8GB RAM. Please confirm whether this is true or not.

By the way, how to activate the Windows Aero in Windows 7 Basic???

A:Performance comparison btw. Windows 7 Home Basic versus Home Premium

Hello cheesum and welcome to Seven Forums.

Last question first. This tutorial may help enable Aero. Please note that there is no way to enable transparency on Windows Home Basic.

Aero - Enable in Unsupported Editions of Windows 7

As far as performance, I have not been able to find any specific "speed" tests to say one way or the other.

Difference Between Windows 7 Home Basic and Home Premium | Difference Between | Windows 7 Home Basic vs Home Premium

But if Basic and Home Premium are run on two identical machines (not just identical RAM, but also identical hard drive/hard drive speed, identical CPU, identical programs and apps installed, etc) I would give a very slight performance advantage to Basic simply because it doesn't have the same amount of features that Home Premium has. Fewer features to load usually equals faster performance. But I think any performance advantage would be so slight it wouldn't make any appreciable difference.

I did find some comments comparing Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional.

performance difference 7 home premium vs. 7 professional? - Microsoft Community

Of course, others may completely disagree with my thoughts and that's cool. Healthy discussion and debate is welcomed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/270739-performance-comparison-btw-windows-7-home-basic-versus-home-premium.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version HP s uk Pavilion Slimline OS Version Microsoft Windows but and Solved: Home can files Premium not see SP3 Windows on 7 Home access Vista XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTek Computer INC Acacia MS C R Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled I have found many well meaning suggestions aimed at helping others like me to resolve this annoying aspect of networking between Solved: Windows 7 can see but not access files on XP Home SP3 and Vista Home Premium Windows Vista and XP but it seems like we are all banging our heads against a brick wall I have tried every Solved: Windows 7 can see but not access files on XP Home SP3 and Vista Home Premium suggestion I can find on other forums but still my Windows computer cannot access my XP Home or Vista machines The message I see each time I try is as follows - quot WINXP or VISTA is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have permissions The account is not authorised to log in from this station quot You will of course appreciate that the administrator is myself I can access files and a printer on Windows from the other two computers providing I place shared files in the public folder no problem with this Before you ask Yes I have checked that all three computers have the same Workgroup Name Yes I have got Network Discovery turned on Yes I have turned on file and printer sharing Yes I have turned off Password protected sharing and tried it turned on Yes I have set my network location to Work network Yes the computers I am trying to access do show in my network window each and everyone of them can be pinged from each other I even have a little utility called Wireless Network Watcher that shows that the IP addresses MAC addresses and each computer by name can be seen on the network I think I have exhausted all channels now but if there is something you think I ve missed do let me know Incidentally I even forked out some of my hard earned pocket money on a downloadable manual on the subject The author gave me days to prove his manual wouldn t help and after many emails containing screenshots of all the pings and error messages he conceded that he was baffled and couldn t be of further assistance He graciously refunded my money Phew Please someone spare me from tearing out what hair I have left nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 can see but not access files on XP Home SP3 and Vista Home Premium

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-can-see-but-not-access-files-on-xp-home-sp3-and-vista-home-premium.1011107/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 5535 laptop. It has Windows Vista Home Premium (WVHP) installed.

The computer came with a number of programs that I am not interested in having on my system. In addition, I was not provided a restore disc. I do own a copy of Windows Vista Home Basic (WVHB).

I would like to keep WVHP as I appear to be eligible for an upgrade to Windows 7 . . . but I would like to reinstall to get rid of all these worthless programs. Can I use a WVHB disc with my new WVHP product key?

Could I install WVHB with the WVHB product key, then use the WVHP key supplied by Acer to upgrade?

Thanks for your time in answering my question. I hope it isn't unclear.

Thanks,

Jeremy

A:Windows Vista Home Premium Key Home Basic Discs

I believe that if you install with the Basic disc the process will offer you a choice
of versions. Choose Home Premium and complete the install. Activate with your
Acer's Vista Product Key.

Ardneh

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/239940-windows-vista-home-premium-key-home-basic-discs.html
Relevancy 61.06%

hi im using desktop pc windows xp sp3 home edition on c/drive and i have windows 7 home premium on d/partition dual boot i like windows 7 how do i remove xp from my pc when screen boots up i get choice whether i want to start windows 7 or earlier version

A:windows xp sp3 home edition and windows 7 home premium dual boot

Are you using two HD's or two Partitions

Can you post a screen shot of Disk management from Win XP & Windows 7?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html

Screenshot tools.
A Preferred Method of Uploading/Posting Screen Shots
How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista - Vista Forums
Snipping Tool - Windows 7 features - Microsoft Windows
Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots
Screenshot with Paint
Screenshot and Upload using MWSnap
fscapture free download

Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/178294-windows-xp-sp3-home-edition-windows-7-home-premium-dual-boot.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, I've been having BSOD problems(I don't actually see a BSOD the power just goes off) ever since I upgraded from Vista Home Premium to 7 Home Premium.

It occasionally happens during start-up or randomly(no specific program or website) at other times. It will also occasionally freeze and then I need to reboot.

I'm new at this and not tech savvy so hopefully I've included all relevant information. If not please be kind.

My System:

32 bit
Original O/S: Vista(came pre-installed)
Windows 7: Upgrade Version
System hardware is about 4 to 5 years old
Age Of Windows 7: I upgraded to 7 about 3 months ago

A:BSOD after upgrading from Vista Home Premium to 7 Home Premium

No DMP included...

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
Please attach the DMP files to your next post not to post one.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229809-bsod-after-upgrading-vista-home-premium-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have the student download of windows 7 home premium and after downloading and starting installation, it isnt compatible to upgrade from vista home premium. So do I have to burn some sort of dvd for installation, or can i just install from the download i was told to save on my desktop and let it do it's thing?

A:student download vista home premium to 7 home premium

Welcome!

Try making a DVD out of it, and doing a clean install.

Make bootable iso from student d/l

Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

Hope this helps,
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/62301-student-download-vista-home-premium-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a copy of Windows Vista Home Premium x86 and I want to DualBoot!!! Tell me: can I do this?? If I can, tell me how!!!

A:Can I DualBoot Windows Vista Home Premium with Windows Vista Home Premium??

Well to do this you would need two product keys. Since you can only use one key on one installed system, to dual boot two vista OS you would need a seperate product key for each one, if you have two keys all you need are two seperate partitions to install them on.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/271141-can-i-dualboot-windows-vista-home-premium-windows-vista-home-premium.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I am trying to connect to two computers that are connected to a Linksys Router using Remote Assistance on a Vista Home Premium Machine. I get the error message that the person you are trying to help may have closed remote assistance. I get the same message when trying to connect to either machine. I am guessing the problem is with a setting in the router, but I don't know what setting.

A:Remote Access from Vista Home Premium to Vista Home Premium and XP Home Edition

You should forward the ports on the router to the IP Addresses of the machines, that you want to connect to. On Symantec PC Anywhere, it is ports 5631 and 32, on Windows remote desktop connection it is port 3389 that needs to be forwarded.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/140798-remote-access-vista-home-premium-vista-home-premium-xp-home-edition.html