Windows Support Forum

Unknown reasoning for "Error: Cannot Wipe free space for UNC drive"

Q: Unknown reasoning for "Error: Cannot Wipe free space for UNC drive"

Hello all new member here I have came across this forum many times in the past years when searching and have found it to be very beneficial So I figured I would see if anyone here may know why this is happening First off the information about the Laptop in question -Asus K IJ -Windows Ultimate -bit -Intel Pentium GHZ - GB DDR Ram - GB Seagate Hard Drive As a part of regular maintenance Cannot UNC Wipe space for drive" reasoning "Error: free Unknown for I use Glary Utilities and CCleaner to keep the PC clean In an effort to protect deleted data I run the quot drive wiper quot quot wipe free space quot function of these programs every so often I have never had a problem with carrying out these actions until the other day CCleaner acts like it does something but having done this before I know that it's not a few minute operation Glary Utilities gives a more reasonable response when trying quot Error Cannot Wipe free Unknown reasoning for "Error: Cannot Wipe free space for UNC drive" space for UNC drive quot I don't know much about UNC or why my C Drive would be categorized as this I am on a home WiFi connection however I haven't every had this connected as a network computer and also have all of the network sharing options disabled I Unknown reasoning for "Error: Cannot Wipe free space for UNC drive" have not made any recent changes that I can recall which may have caused this Does anyone have any ideas as to why this may be happening or better yet how I can revert back to where I am able to use this feature of the programs All input and suggestions are welcome I appreciate it very much Thank you

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unknown reasoning for "Error: Cannot Wipe free space for UNC drive"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unknown reasoning for "Error: Cannot Wipe free space for UNC drive"

Hi redhatman, welcome to 7F!

Sounds like something happened when CCleaner (CC) attempted to wipe the free space, Glary picked up on those changes, and it ended up being a UNC drive, and it (Glary) couldn't determine the original working directory to start itself.
Did CC show the "Cannot Wipe free space for UNC drive" error?
Had you made any changes to the file system between the time you last ran CC?

What to try:
Before every CC run the program asks you if you want to create a backup of the registry, if you were prudent enough to do that, try running that backup. https://Problems after you have run CCleaner | www.piriform.com
If you made a restore point try it or the closest one to before the time/date of this wipe.
Start your machine by Last Known Good Configuration. See Step #4 and use your arrow keys to move to that option.
If all the above do not work you may have to try a Repair Install.
As a last resort try backup images or clones if you have them.

If any of these steps resolves your problem you should run a CHKDSK, and SFC /scannow.
By the way, thank you for filling out your System Specs; If you add the model number (K60IJ) of your laptop to your System Specs you won't have to list it or the rest of them in any of your subsequent posts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/353207-unknown-reasoning-error-cannot-wipe-free-space-unc-drive.html
Relevancy 81.22%

I can't "extend" my "C" Drive even tho there is free space??

I have 251GB free and I cant add it to my C OS drive?

Picture:

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/7577/helpc.png

A:I can't "extend" my "C" Drive even tho there is free space??

The Free Space is in an Extended partition.
Right click on the free space and delete the Extended partition. You can then extend the C partition into the Unallocated space released.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dba8d18d-9f9c-44c3-8bb1-76cde3455024/i-cant-quotextendquot-my-quotcquot-drive-even-tho-there-is-free-space?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 107.5%

Hello,

I have a T60 laptop with a 55 Gig hard drive and only 350Mb of free space. I ran WinDirStat and it shows an "unknown" file taking up 30 Gig of space. I am not sure what it is or what to do about it.

I cannot find it (the "unknown") in Windows Explorer (I "un-hid" the hidden folders, etc.).

Has anyone run into a situation like this before?

Any advice?

Thanks,
M

A:"unknown" taking up space on hard drive

Did you personally setup this machine. i.e install Windows etc? 30 gigs sounds like an Operating system i.e linux. Windows cannot see a Linux/Bsd/Beos etc partition.
If you get hold of a Linux Live Cd it usually has Gpart(Like Partition Magic) on it . Gpart will tell you what is there. It can also reformat it to any type of media you want.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unknown-taking-up-space-on-hard-drive-214609.html
Relevancy 107.07%

I mapped a few network drives to different shared folders on my EX485 with the inital 750GB drive installed. Since then, I have installed an additional 2x1TB. However, in Windows 7 it is showing 1.18TB free of 678GB, so it recognizes the correct free space, but is still showing the old HDD total. I've removed the mappings and readded and rebooted both my PC and WHS with no luck. Any suggestions? Thank You!

A:Incorrect "free of" Hard Drive Total Space

My network drive mappings never show the correct free space either. I just ignore it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/55909-incorrect-free-hard-drive-total-space.html
Relevancy 106.64%

I added 97gb for a part of the drive and 30gb on another half.. and my HD is 186GB in all so now I have 58GB of free space.

What I want to know is how do I add this free space to my 30gb partition?

I dont want to format anything

A:Solved: Partitioning - How do I add "free space" to my drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-partitioning-how-do-i-add-free-space-to-my-drive.779612/
Relevancy 105.78%

So I bought this computer off a friend and immediately noticed it was already infected free install 7 error windows redirects "not + enough Search engine space" bs with malwares sometimes when I click on Search engine redirects + windows 7 install "not enough free space" error bs a search result I get redirected to a random website If I drag the link to create another tab in Firefox it usually opens the right site though Sometimes I get popdowns as well In safe safe with networking and regular modes I've ran ESET caught Search engine redirects + windows 7 install "not enough free space" error bs a few files and deleted them ran Stopzilla and caught a few more files so they both saying i'm clean now Unfortunately it didn't seem to fix much and now Stopzilla tells me that there is a 'Vundo y' infection and when i delete the files they just show back up on the scan after every reboot I also can't install or use Mbam I could install it a while ago but the desktop shortcut would stop working and say that it couldn't find the exe file Trying to open the mbam exe started to load it and then did nothing Figured I'd just re-install Windows but now when I try to install it I get a error saying quot There is not enough free space to store temporary Windows installation files Try using Disk Cleanup uninstall old programs or move files to an external location such as a CD DVD or external hard drive quot I have an Acer Aspire running Windows -bit Gb HD GHz processor Gb of RAM I have access to a windows boot disc I have no idea what else to try I'm totally stuck Any help that you guys could give would be very very much appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Tristan at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Windows system AUDIODG EXE C Users Tristan Desktop dds scr C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page uStart Page hxxp home mywebsearch com index jhtml n C F F amp ptnrS RGfox amp ptb w qA IEFZ UlyZoLJdDQ uSearch Bar BHO ec -e e- edd- -c c ae dc - wulazibe dll mRun dahehuhola Rundll exe quot gadapobo dll quot s mRun VirtualCloneDrive quot c program files elaborate bytes virtualclonedrive VCDDaemon exe quot s mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin x mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorUser x mPolicies-system EnableLUA x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x mPolicies-system PromptOnSecureDesktop x DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab AppInit DLLs piridupa dll LSA Notification Packages scecli piridupa dll IFEO MSASCui exe - c windows system svchost exe FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c users tristan ... Read more

A:Search engine redirects + windows 7 install "not enough free space" error bs

just did an in depth system scan with stopzilla and caught a bunch more malware files, plus went back and uninstalled utorrent so these reports are probably better than my previous ones. would have just edited them in but you can't after 30 min. apparently.

DDS (Ver_10-03-17.01) - NTFSx86
Run by Tristan at 1:47:17.70 on Sun 06/06/2010
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7600.16385 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_13
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7600.0.1252.1.1033.18.2812.1950 [GMT -7:00]

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\AUDIODG.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\atieclxx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ekrn.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServicePeerNet
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Users\Tristan\Desktop\dds.scr
C:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uSearch Page =
uStart Page = hxxp://home.mywebsearch.com/index.jhtml?n=77C09F4F&ptnrS=RGfox000&ptb=w3qA0_9IEFZ7UlyZoLJdDQ
uSearch Bar =
BHO: {ec305789-e66e-4edd-8007-c2c77ae46dc9} - wulazibe.dll
mRun: [dahehuhola] Rundll32.exe "gadapobo.dll",s
mPolicies-system: ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin = 0 (0x0)
mPolicies-system: ConsentPromptBehaviorUser = 3 (0x3)
mPolicies-system: EnableLUA = 0 (0x0)
mPolicies-system: EnableUIADesktopToggle = 0 (0x0)
mPolicies-system: PromptOnSecureDesktop = 0 (0x0)
DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_13-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0013-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_13-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_13-windows-i586.cab
AppInit_DLLs: piridupa.dll
LSA: Notification Packages = scecli piridupa.dll
IFEO: MSASCui.exe - c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe

================= FIREFOX ===================

FF - ProfilePath - c:\users\tristan\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\bswal3rg.default\
FF - prefs.js: browser.search.selectedEngine - MyWebSearch
FF - prefs.js: browser.startup.homepage - hxxps://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#inbox
FF - prefs.js: keyword.URL - hxxp://search.mywebsearch.com/mywebsearch/GGmain.jhtml?id=RGfox000&ptb=w3qA0_9IEFZ7UlyZoLJdDQ&psa=&ind=2010040522&ptnrS=RGfox000&si=&st=kwd&n=77cec8ca&searchfor=
FF - plugin: c:\program files\mozilla firefox\plugins\npdnu.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\mozilla firefox\plugins\npdnupdater2.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\mozilla firefox\plugins\npPandoWebInst.dll
FF - HiddenExtension: XULRunner: {40E9BF89-6FB1-4C6E-8437-695AA8A0AB0E} - c:\users\tristan\appdata\local\{40E9BF89-6FB1-4C6E-8437-695AA8A0AB0E}
FF - HiddenExtension: Adobe Flash Plugin: No Registry Reference - c:\program files\mozilla... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/search-engine-redirects-windows-7-install-not-enough-free-space-error-bs-488053.html
Relevancy 98.9%

On one system I am getting this error message once every day or two. The hard drive has over 300GB available. The verbatim error message shows nothing in Google.

It reads:
"The space on the hard drive is running low. Currently only xMB is free. Please free space by deleting unused files."

Now it shows 71MB free. Any thoughts?

A:Error Message "The space on the hard drive is running low" isn't true

so do you have 300 gb? or only 71 mb? because if its 71 mb, u have got some major cleaning to do. I doubt that though, some viruses clutter the hard drive. If you have plenty of room, and your still getting the message then you can follow these instructions to remove the annoying message.

Low Disk Space Warning in Vista - Vista Forums

1. open regedit
2. go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
3. Right click explorer and then select new then DWORD (32 bit value)
4. name it NoLowDiskSpaceChecks
5. right click it and press modify
6. change its value to 1 in hexadecimal form then press ok
7. log out and back in and message should be gone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/248067-error-message-space-hard-drive-running-low-isnt-true.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi Everyone,

i am using CRichEditCtrl::GetLine() function to read the text from a dialog.
If my text contains any space character then it is throwing improper argument error and the application getting closed in vista only.....
What is the actual problem ????? why it is happening with vista only...?

Please suggest

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/266580-space-character-making-improper-argument-error-vista.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi.

I have a dell 8400 running XP Sp 3. For some time now I have not been able to read my thumb drives. When I plug them in it simply returns "Unknown Device" error. I have deleted the usb ports and let XP rediscover them as well as having reloaded the chipset firmware. Still nothing. The thumb drives work fine on other systems and other usb devices (printers keyboard & mouse) work fine. Any ideas out there?

A:USB Thumb Drive -- Returns "Unknown Device" error

I'm assuming you've tested other USB devices in the ports, and the ports do work?

Have you checked the Removable Storage section in Computer Management?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-thumb-drive-returns-unknown-device-error-418184.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Earlier today I tried to dual boot my hard drive to run both Windows and Ubuntu I wasn't able to do it properly I must have done some wrong steps I'm new to can space" on with do "unallocated "Free space" HD I - what and this? all this stuff and didn't realize how complicated partitioning was ah and now my hard drive is left with quot free space quot GB I think its an extended partition and quot unallocated space quot GB not sure what kind of partition it is alongside my C drive primary Lenovo "Free space" and "unallocated space" on HD - what can I do with this? Recovery partition primary and something called quot SYSTEM DRV quot primary I think the quot free space quot is extended because when I try and create a new volume with the "Free space" and "unallocated space" on HD - what can I do with this? quot unallocated space quot I'm denied and a window pops up saying I have too many primary partitions The option to 'delete partition' for the quot free space quot is available but if I select it a warning window pops up included in thumbnail below What I'd like to do is reformat the quot free space quot and quot unallocated space quot in some way that it can be used merged to the C drive I've included a screen cap of my HD in Disk Manager below

A:"Free space" and "unallocated space" on HD - what can I do with this?

Hello again mate.

If you delete the "Free Space" it will become unallocated space that you can extend the C: partition partition into.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/181953-free-space-unallocated-space-hd-what-can-i-do.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I am trying to burn dvd's of home movies that i have on my computer. I have removed almost everything from the C drive which says it has only 2% available, and have either deleted it or moved it to the E drive which still has about 50% available. Why does my C drive say it is so full when there is almost nothing on it? How do i remove more stuff off the C drive so I can burn my home movies and safely get them off my computer and onto a DVD?

Thanks to anyone who can help me with this. I am not great with computers, although I sure try!

A:"not enough free space in workspace. Change the workspace." error

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-enough-free-space-in-workspace-change-the-workspace-error.965703/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello - I've repeatedly tried and failed to install Service Pack 1. I have run the update readiness tool, and have run chkdsk and sfc. I've tried installing through Windows Update, as well as downloading the standalone installer from Microsoft.

The former results in an "unknown error"; the latter results in a window saying that "the specified service does not exist as an installed service" almost immediately after trying. A similar message has come up occasionally in recent days when trying to install a couple of other programs.

I'm currently out of ideas and would appreciate any help. Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/399749-sp1-wont-install-unknown-error-service-does-not-exist.html
Relevancy 94.6%

virus popup quot Malware Wipe quot quot the spy guard quot and alot of commercials like porn poker and more crap this is what I get when I start internetexplorer Recommended Anti-Spyware Software Pest Trap Malware Wipe Spy Guard Internet Security TOP RATED Pest Trap Most popular spyware adware cleaner software all commercials spy Solved: "the Wipe" "Malware virus.. alot of popup and guard" over the world Cleans all known viruses and worms Visit Website Free Scan Malware Wipe Became one of the most popular programs very fast It s really easy to use and at the same time very effective Visit Website Free Scan The Spy Guard Developed as the most efficient spyware Solved: virus.. popup "Malware Wipe" "the spy guard" and alot of commercials cleaner with realtime protection Visit Website Free Scan Brave Sentry Award-winning Solved: virus.. popup "Malware Wipe" "the spy guard" and alot of commercials spyware removal utility that will help you fighting all kinds of spyware including keyloggers trojans and password thieves Visit Website Free Scan AD Protect World s leading software application that checks protects and re-checks spyware and spam vulnerability in your home computer Visit Website Free Scan WARNING YOUR SYSTEM IS VULNERABLE TO HACKERS ATTACKS AND BREAKDOWNS Solved: virus.. popup "Malware Wipe" "the spy guard" and alot of commercials Attention Your system is currently exposed Any remote computer can easily browse following folders and files on your computer - Windows System - Program Files Internet Explorer - My Documents - Drive C files Click here to download official intrusion detection system IDS software YOUR PRIVATE INFORMATION IS IN OPEN ACCESS TO OTHER COMPUTERS Your IP address my ip Your Country SE Sweden Your Browser Mozilla compatible MSIE Windows NT SV NET CLR NET CLR Your Operation System Windows XP SP VULNERABLE System Security Status CAUTION Time of investigation Thu Jun PDT SOLUTION Download and install one of the following approved software products Malware Wipe Over threats in the database Exclusive algorythm of cleaning IE Safe Mode - simply cleans your browser Manual automatic update system Autostart items IE Objects Running Processes manager Dialer blocker Popup blocker Visit Website Free Download Pest Trap Daily updated threat databases Intelligent threat scanner Application advanced firewall IE security improvements Advanced system securty features Multiple scan options fast normal deep Visit Website Free Download nbsp

A:Solved: virus.. popup "Malware Wipe" "the spy guard" and alot of commercials

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-virus-popup-malware-wipe-the-spy-guard-and-alot-of-commercials.471943/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello,

I need help with this Diskette issue please. "Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure"
I've had this problem a few times in a couple of years and I have been able to fix the error by pressing F2 and going to the SETUP. And I've done this with no issues. But this time I thought I fixed it but now I get this new error: "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". After I press Ctrl+Alt+Del it takes me back to the same error massage "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". Need help please. This is a Dell Desktop, Windows XP.
Thank you.

Sue

A:"Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure" Error Then "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl..."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diskette-drive-0-seek-failure-error-then-a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl.1112549/
Relevancy 94.17%

I have added a SATA drive to my Vista machine that was once loaded with Win XP, the Device Manager does pick it up as well as Disk Management, but under Disk Management it states the drive is "Unknown" and "unreadable" I also do not have any options once I right click on the "Unallocated" area.

I just want this disk formatted and used as extra storage, I did load the Vista DVD and tried to load it on this disk but I got an error as well.

This drive works fine if I put it back in the machine it came from.

A:"Unknown" and "Unreadable" disk drive

Check BIOS settings for RAID and SATA. It may need to be tweaked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-and-unreadable-disk-drive.683755/
Relevancy 94.17%

I have added a SATA drive to my Vista machine that was once loaded with Win XP, the Device Manager does pick it up as well as Disk Management, but under Disk Management it states the drive is "Unknown" and "unreadable" I also do not have any options once I right click on the "Unallocated" area.

I just want this disk formatted and used as extra storage, I did load the Vista DVD and tried to load it on this disk but I got an error as well.

A:"Unknown" and "Unreadable" disk drive

Download and run the disk manufacturer's utility to partition and format this drive. That should find the drive and do the job for you.

You didn't say what brand of drive it was, so I can't point you to the utility, but you can find it with a search of the manufacturer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unknown-and-unreadable-disk-drive-222169.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Big Kudos to anybody who can solve this one Very little nothing on Google or microsoft support site Here s the problem I m helping a family member who has a new Dell PC with Windows XP Home Outlook Express Every time they close Outlook Express the following Warning pops up To free up disk space OE can compact messages This may take a few minutes There are options - OK and Cancel Here is the rub We ve closed the warning or we ve clicked OK or we ve clicked cancel we ve checked the box that says don t ask me again these warnings continue to come up next time EVERY time Outlook Express is closed This is a senior citizen who has maybe email messages and no Stop Solved: Madness! warning OE Up Space" "Free the ?? Disk shortage of memory or disk space I want to prevent this warning from coming up ever again How do I do Solved: "Free Up Disk Space" OE warning ?? Stop the Madness! it Is there some default I can change somewhere nbsp

A:Solved: "Free Up Disk Space" OE warning ?? Stop the Madness!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-free-up-disk-space-oe-warning-stop-the-madness.479919/
Relevancy 93.74%

I have a C: drive which I want to increase in size. Under disk management there is 20GB of "Free space" - (right next to the C: partition). But neither disk management or EASUES partition manager will allow the partition to use this space. How to I change "free space" to "unallocated" so that it can be used ?

A:Cannot extend volume (disk management) although "free space" exists

Can you post a snip showing what you have? An image makes it easier for us to help you. For example, you said that there was 20GB of free space next to your C: partition. What you didn't say was whether it was to the left or right of it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/232224-cannot-extend-volume-disk-management-although-free-space-exists.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I got the warning msg that my drive "E" (system restore) was almost full. I did a disk cleanup, and a delete all restore points (including system...). After deleting approx 25 restore points and I've deleted down to 2 currently (new ones) and the only way I could get them to go was with CCleaner, My disk now shows only 4.2 free of the setting of 10.6GB. I cannot find what it taking up over 6GB on my recovery disk. What has it gone for....? I searched the internet several hours but can't find the answer. Any help appreciated...TJ

A:Unable to increase free space on Recovery Disk "E"

System Restore points take up space on C, rather than in E or a recovery partition in my experience. A recovery partition is normally put there by the manufacturer to allow you to restore to factory specifications if needed. I wouldn't ever deliberately put anything else on a recovery partition.

Who made this PC?

Can you post a picture of Windows Disk Management so we can see a visual display of your partitions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/221672-unable-increase-free-space-recovery-disk-e.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I m running Win and have Norton Systemworks The computer s never had Internet and I never ever buy pirated software so I don t think it "free files change doesn't delete space" I and s I delete files and "free space" doesn't change a virus C-drive is I think G D-drive is G These are physical disks I noticed awhile back whenever I delete a large video file sometimes or gig sometimes larger the space that should be recovered does not I delete files and "free space" doesn't change show up in free space Running Norton s defrag took I delete files and "free space" doesn't change quite awhile and did not fix the problem I tried emptying Recycle Bin emptying Norton recycle and no avail The problem occurs when I delete the file in Windows Explorer or if I go out into DOS and delete it s the same Also if I do the shift-delete to avoid the Recycle Bin same Any of these three approaches yields the same result Now just to show you how smart I am I went and put some video files on the C-drive When C-drive filled up and that sure didn t take long I copied them to D-drive and deleted two files totaling nearly gig Guess what Same problem Now C-drive shows only like Mb free although it should have about G I tried to run defrag actually Norton s version but it says there s not enough free space Well duhhh H - E - L - P How can I recover my free space without reformating And what should I do next time I delete a large file so this problem won t resurface Any help would be genuinely apreciated Jim nbsp

A:I delete files and "free space" doesn't change

You could check System Restore to see if it is saving copies of the videos or is it possible that some other program is saving backup copies of all your files.

System Restore,by the way is set by default to use 12% of your harddrive for restore points.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-delete-files-and-free-space-doesnt-change.239489/
Relevancy 93.74%

I deleted a partition I had added previously for a Free on but Volume" option out. "Extend C available how? space greyed Linux OS After deleting it turned green as in quot Free Space quot I want that available space "Extend Volume" option on C greyed out. Free space available but how? given back to C I have included a screen shot of where I am I don't know what to do next The quot Extend Volume quot Option in C is not activated System info included below Thank you OS "Extend Volume" option on C greyed out. Free space available but how? Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other "Extend Volume" option on C greyed out. Free space available but how? OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name LOGOS-PC System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP G Notebook PC System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Hewlett-Packard F SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Logos-PC Logos Time Zone Mountain Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys

A:"Extend Volume" option on C greyed out. Free space available but how?

I`m fairly certain the entire space has to be deleted down to unallocated space, then you can extend C

I recommend making and using a Partition Wizard Boot CD to do all your partition management.

https://www.partitionwizard.com/part...otable-cd.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399404-extend-volume-option-c-greyed-out-free-space-available-but-how.html
Relevancy 93.74%

My hardrive is really messed up and the last time this happened I paid someone to wipe the hard drive clean. Can someone tell me how to do this myself? Do I need anything? I don't even have a Win98 disk! Thanks in advance! ~Laura

Relevancy 93.31%

Since last reboot I have the following issues, an can not find good info on google to fix them.

HD: Reads 628gb free of 167gb. It is a 180gb solid state Intel drive.

Profile: All profile settings do not load, when I log in every time I get "Preparing your desktop" Can not pin to the bottom bar. No programs show on start bar window above "all programs". Random characters show in windows explorer next to date column.

Other than that runs fine (For now), I created a new profile and that one functions properly.

How can I restore my original login to working order, all data is still there...

Also, why does then HD show almost 500gb free beyond its total capacity?

Thanks
JB

A:HD Free space MORE than Available "preparing your desktop" every login

If you could post a screen shot of your Disk Management, it would help to clear things. Click on the round Windows Button in the lower left corner of the screen. Type "Disk Management" (without quotes) in the line above the button and hit enter. The Disk Management will pop up. Expand all columns so the print can be read. Follow this tutorial
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums to use your Snipping Tool to post a screen shot of your Disk Management. Thanks,

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/258062-hd-free-space-more-than-available-preparing-your-desktop-every-login.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Several times a day I get a message "Outlook Express. To free up disc space, Outlook Express can compact messages. This may take up to a few minutes" which is preceeded by 10 minutes of my PC being very slow. I have 50% disc space free (37GB out of 74). I run Windows 97. I have defragmented my disc several times. I have used RegCure regularly and it has made no difference. At other times, I try to start Outlook Express and a message comes up saying it is already running, followed a little while later by the above error message. Any ideas, please?

Relevancy 92.45%

I am trying to copy a 9gig video file to my Seagate external USB 2 drive for back-up.
The drive has 140gig available, but I keep getting the "not enough free disk space" warning when I try to move it and it will not allow it to be copied.
What am I missing? is it a format thing?

Relevancy 92.45%

hi

I was running on a 1TB hard drive Windows XP (100GB) Windows VIsta (100GB) Data (800 GB) and Windows 7 on a second Hard Drive (320 GB). In these days I format my computer, install Windows 7 on the 320 GB Hard Drive and I delete the Win XP and Vista partitions. Now I can only access two of the 3 partition that the 1TB HD have, the other one is called FREE SPACE and it dont let me format from Disk Manager, How Can I format that partition without deleting the Data partition???? Sorry for my bad english

A:Solved: Partition "Free Space"

You can use a software such as Parted Magic to format the hard drive the way you want.
http://partedmagic.com/
or this
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gparted/files/gparted-live-stable/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-partition-free-space.901967/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi,

I want to install Win7 64 bit from legal retail MS disc.

My computer is highly specified 7.4 rated.

I previously had Win 7 32 bit on it, but have formatted the 37GB SSD partition.

My difficulty is that I am getting the message below, whether I select the 37 GB partition or any other partition up to 500GB free space.

" Setup was unable to use the existing system partition because it does not contain the required free space"

There is very small 100MB partition on the SSD drive, named 'System Reserve' which I did not create, and do not know what it does. Do you think that this is causing the problem?

Many thaknks,
Roy Mayo

Relevancy 90.73%

Please could anybody help me ???

I have a 30gig HD and have just noticed that it now only has 21 gig free. It was previously 28gig free ! I have added nothing onto it and it only has the basics on ? ie. xp, office xp pro, paintshop pro. it has no movies saved onto the drive.

at first i though system restore may have increased it restore spae to the max of 5gig, however that wasnt the case.

could any give me any ideas where all the missing gigs are, or whether i can run something to find out...

Please help, I'm desperate to suss this one out.

Many Thanks to you all.

Gareth
United Kingdom

A:Please Help ! Loss of 8gig of Hard Drive space ... no reasoning behind it.

Empty the temp directories and clear the Internet Explorer cache. You can right click on the drive in Windows Explorer, select Properties and click the disk CleanUp button.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-loss-of-8gig-of-hard-drive-space-no-reasoning-behind-it.397326/
Relevancy 89.44%

I copied this from another post as it is exactly the same problem I am having virus popup quot Malware Wipe quot quot the spy guard quot and alot of guard" Solved: "the Wipe" "Malware spy commercials like porn poker and more crap this is what I get when I start internetexplorer Recommended Anti-Spyware Software Pest Trap Malware Wipe Spy Guard Internet Security TOP RATED Pest Trap Most popular spyware adware cleaner software all over the world Cleans all known viruses and worms Visit Website Free Scan Malware Wipe Became one of the most popular programs Solved: "Malware Wipe" "the spy guard" very fast It s really easy to use and at the same time very effective Visit Website Free Scan The Spy Guard Developed as the most efficient spyware cleaner with realtime protection Visit Website Free Scan Brave Sentry Award-winning spyware removal utility that will help you fighting all kinds of spyware including keyloggers trojans and password thieves Visit Website Free Scan AD Protect World s leading software application that checks protects and re-checks spyware and spam vulnerability in your home computer Visit Website Free Scan Here is my HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso OasClnt exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exe c program files mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Solved: "Malware Wipe" "the spy guard" Adapter NICServ exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C WINDOWS system dcomcfg exe C WINDOWS system atmclk exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe Solved: "Malware Wipe" "the spy guard" C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system dda cdd exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files eFax Messenger J GTray exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter Gcc exe C Program Files Red Chair Software Anapod Explorer anamgr exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Files Microso... Read more

Relevancy 89.01%

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Yesterday my external hard drive was working fine. Today I open it and there's a new folder called Pfiles...I am not running linux...and a tmp file. I delete the tmp file and try to delete Pfiles but it won't delete. Weird. So I open one of the folders and see that it's now empty, as are almost all of my other folders and subfolders. My daughter's folder however has her movies on the main subfolder, but subfolders in this folder are also empty.

The hard drive is showing half full...exactly what it should assuming I could access all the files. So what can I do? I've enclosed a screenshot of the Disk Management screen for this drive. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

A:Help with external hard drive. Files "missing" but still taking up space on the drive

Hi djfl,

External Hard-drives come in different types, some of them are, External storage devices and Automatic back-up devices.

If it is an automatic back-up device then data might be backed-up on the External Hard?drive without user intervention.

If it is an External storage device the files might be hidden. This could be the reason why the external Harddrive is showing half full. We can check if the files are hidden, please use the following link for detailed instructions to unhide folders: Hidden Files and Folders Option - Add or Remove

Please revert back for clarification.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298528-help-external-hard-drive-files-missing-but-still-taking-up-space-drive.html
Relevancy 88.58%

So after my Period class ended I headed off to my spare class to work on some assignments on the Mac My Flash Drive worked perfectly fine in and before Period then in Period it wasn't working On the Mac during my Period it "Needs be to and "Not Formatted" error USB Drive Accessible" Flash said quot Disk not accessible quot with three options I then tried four other computers using Windows and it shown quot G is not accessible - The Flash Drive USB error "Not Accessible" and "Needs to be Formatted" volume does not contain a recognized file system Please make sure that all required file system drivers are Flash Drive USB error "Not Accessible" and "Needs to be Formatted" loaded and that the volume is not corrupted quot At home I plugged in the Flash Drive using Windows HP bit and the same error occurred So I tried the following things Downloading Flash Drive USB error "Not Accessible" and "Needs to be Formatted" over literally eight useless programs that searched in the Flash Drive and then asked for money didn't find any files at all or said quot Disk is not Valid quot Went into cmd and typed chkdsk d r Renamed the portion letter Deleting then installing the drivers unplugging then plugging the Flash Drive in It seems the drive is corrupt and I am not sure if it can be fixed at all even by the world's professionals Not too sure but I am hoping this can be fixed even if I have to send it to a store to use their software to recover my files and get the off that drive asap I have all important graphic and science work on there I have work that needs to be handed in around one week from today I never kept backups as this drive has worked with my for over - years with absolutely no problems like this I have switched on and off of using Windows and Macs with this drive before too PS My Flash Drive was at on the capacity display then when I plugged it in after Period it turned up like this PSS The drive's LED lights up so I don't think it is necessarily quot dead quot This is a very dear and important issue for me Thanks to all anyone who solves this

A:Flash Drive USB error "Not Accessible" and "Needs to be Formatted"

Hi MattJoey,

Welcome to SevenForums.

Try partition recovery with the Partition Recovery Wizard in MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition 7.6 Best Free Partition Manager Freeware and free partition magic for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP 32 bit & 64 bit. MiniTool Free Partition Manager Software Home Edition.

or TestDisk (Windows version) TestDisk - CGSecurity

A trial using these for partition recovery that should help, here: Recover a flash drive turned RAW ? Partition Wizard and TestDisk.

( Read only the partition recovery portions in it. Do not attempt zero-write which I did to convert a good pendrive inaccessible for the recovery trial. You already have a bad drive. )

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/268721-flash-drive-usb-error-not-accessible-needs-formatted.html
Relevancy 88.15%

--Love the website motto stupid questions are easiest to solve I am running Win x on a newly installed non-laptop MSI ZH A-G motherboard with i - I spent a couple of days ensuring that I had device" unplugged" "device Thumb "unknown drive installed all of Thumb drive "unknown device" "device unplugged" the drivers including the chipset facilitated by MSI s LiveUpdate I have a simple USB thumb drive I take it to my roommate s VISTA computer--it plugs in just fine I cleaned rewrote read I did a check for errors scan in properties it is FAT formatted with default allocation size I plug it into my computer detailed at top I am not even getting a common problem-- quot unrecognized USB device quot It does not even know that it is USB apparently--I get an error box from the system tray TITLED Driver Software Installation Device driver software was not successfully installed ---- unknown device fat red X Device unplugged unidentified device fat red X Device unplugged ---- nonsense help links from MSFT CLOSE box SIDE-EFFECTS There is a small led on the thumb drive that shines steady assumably indicating something is wrong nevertheless power is present normally it flashes on and off a couple of times when recognized on VISTA computer yes I tried multiple USB plugins on front and back of tower-case I hear an audible quot g-dunk quot sound every second The Device Manager window though functional and operational briefly flashes in response to every g-dunk a second later INTERESTINGLY I finally tried plugging the non-USB -year-old device into either of my USB ports I get no error window no install no function no side-effects except the led illumination ATTEMPTED Multiple google searches and tech forums I ran sfc -- microsoft s system file checker The device cannot be enabled disabled uninstall drivers--not present in Device Manager I SHOWED hidden devices including the simple CMD prompt to SHOW Uninstalled the USB Root Hubs and Generic USB Hubs in Device Manager rebooted MSI CommandCenter shows all voltages stable Voltage also stable V V CPU-IO Vcore I even contacted PNY manufacturer for advice--they responded that this is a simple USB device and there are no device drivers manufacturer-specific to this USB thumb drive Since I admitted that it works in roommate s system--they blame the other system--soft or hardware nbsp

Relevancy 88.15%

First of all good day to everybody I hope everything is well and good I've been doing some looking around and then realized the severity of my problem It is similar to our thread starter which I hope has fixed his I of by the 1TB "Unknown" have up space used problem cause then I'd know it possible Attached to this post would be a screen I have 1TB of space used up by the "Unknown" shot of a WinDirStat I had run on drive H which is my external hard drive Western Digital My Passport Wireless TB I was hoping this would end my trouble but this only confirms that I have TB of space used up by the quot Unknown quot Could somebody help me out here Some other info which may or may not be useful I use this hard drive mostly for my Go Pro videos and images They are transferred I have 1TB of space used up by the "Unknown" by directly plugging in I have 1TB of space used up by the "Unknown" the MicroSD into the hard drive No PCs or Laptops needed I have connected this Hard Drive into a PC and laptop previously so a chance for a virus transferring itself into the drive is possible Did a scan on the drive using AVG Free but nothing came up You may have noticed that quot FOUND quot folder It was made due to a previous troubleshoot I did trying to fix a folder of which my pictures and videos become quot -byte quot files I ran an error check and windows removed the entire folder and made everything into chk files I ran PC Inspector File Recovery and it came up with some sort of boot sector error Not sure if this matters Really getting it from both ends here Salvaging whatever I can from the chk files to save my entire holiday and trying to findout whats happening to all that space in my external hard drive

A:I have 1TB of space used up by the "Unknown"

Try WizTree and see if it lists the unknown files.
They have a portable zip available.
Antibody Software - WizTree finds the files and folders using the most disk space on your hard drive

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/371321-i-have-1tb-space-used-up-unknown.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Dear Experts,

I have created windows image on Drive F: but delete it after some time manually due to some space prob.
But while backup shows about 40 GB only few GB space got free after deletion. When i try to again take the the backup using windows 7 backup & restore option, its still shows 35 Gb of System Image in drive F: when i brows the Manage Disc Space option but i cant find it on the same drive. (Plz see attached pic)
Plz help me to locate this and delete the same.

Thanks

A:Cant find "System Image" of 36 GB but its shows on "Manage Disc Space"

Hello sattyaji, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It may still be showing if the system image was created as part of a Windows backup. Using the tutorial below to reset Windows Backup should clear it for you, but you will need to set up your backup again afterwards.

Backup User and System Files - Reset to Default Configuration

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/284067-cant-find-system-image-36-gb-but-its-shows-manage-disc-space.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hey there As far as I remember I had six partitions when my machine was fresh I just bought it like months back - one for win xp - one empty where I would later install Windows - one where I d store my documents - one big empty where I planned to install Linux sometime later - one big partition where I d store everything else Main partition There was a virus problem with XP - I had AVG installed and the virus would infect all the exe files on my computr and AVG would simply delete it the infected exe s which made matters worse Then I installed Win on another partition and used it for some time without much trouble except once as An non-partition and empty partition filled merged "free single a space" when I tried some partition manager so An empty and a filled partition merged as single "free space" non-partition it would be easier when I d install Linux - for now the Linux plan has been cancelled when I lost two important partitions somehow the last two I think I don t remember exactly Looking at Disk Management Computer Manage Disk Management and possibly doing some other things I don t remember I was able to get the partitions back the way they were before one of them empty XP was still there on my PC I started it once and it damaged the exe files of Win as well So after a few days I decide to reinstall XP then realised that the drives had disappeared again this time I wasn t able to recover them I checked Disk Management and saw that the two partitions had been merged into one quot free space quot partition that didn t show in My Computer Then I realised that I couldn t login to Win as the boot file s been replaced A repair might have done the job but I decided to do a proper install by formatting the original installation drive No progress in Win as well I have tried a lot of things but I ve been unable to recover the partition The remaining three partitions - one Win XP partition one Win partition and one Documents partition are intact Its just the main partition and an empty partition that s not showing up Now what should I do I would prefer to get things the way they were Or is recovery the only way Thanks in advanced for your help nbsp

A:An empty and a filled partition merged as single "free space" non-partition

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/an-empty-and-a-filled-partition-merged-as-single-free-space-non-partition.889165/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello all,
I'm suffering froma troubling problem with a Windows 7 system.
This system has a boot HDD (C and data storage RAID5 array (D. The system locked up hard requiring a power down to get Windows operational gain.

The sytem is fine now, except the ~3 TB RAID5 array is not seen by W7. The W7 disk managment snap-in reports that the 2793.97 GB "drive" exists, but the status is "Unknown" and "not initialized". Needless to say, the drve was online and contained LOTS of data before the crash. Due to it's size, the drive was GPT.

I ran a synchronize on the RAID 5 array and that finished w/o error, so I assume the actuall array is fine.

Any recommendations for what utllity/diagnostic/etc. to try next?

Further info: The RAID 5 is a creation of the AMD SB750 "southbridge", which uses tech licensed by Promise Technology.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-raid-array-unknown-not-initialized-after-windows-7-crash.152474/
Relevancy 86.86%

I know this question has been asked before as I've read about it all over the Internet. In order to get rid of the 'Low Disk Space' message it says to go to the registry and locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ Explorer, type a new value, etc. The only problem is I don't have an Explorer key. It ends at Policies.

I've tried everything. I've tried creating the key myself, and I've tried inserting the value into the policies folder. Nothing has worked. Can anyone help?
Thank you
Brad

A:Solved: Can't get rid of "Low Disk Space" message on my recovery drive

I guess no one else is having this problem. Do you think this is a problem with HP?
Brad

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-get-rid-of-low-disk-space-message-on-my-recovery-drive.636290/
Relevancy 86.86%

I have been running a Dual-Boot Setup of XP Pro and WIN successfully for some weeks while I get familiar with Suddenly "Unallocated Hard as Space" Drive appearing WIN Recently I have almost exclusively been booting into WIN In this D B Setup The booted OS appers as Primary Partition on the C drive with the non-active OS as quot Unallocated Space quot on the D drive This all happens on the No Hard Drive No Hard Drive has been partitioned Hard Drive Suddenly appearing as "Unallocated Space" into several Partitions the First one as a Primary Partition with the Hard Drive Suddenly appearing as "Unallocated Space" remaining Partitions as Logical drives Today when I booted into WIN there was no sign of the second hard drive and its Partitions even although both drives Serial Drives were recognised in the initial part of the Bios screen during this bootup When I looked in Disk Management I saw that the first Partition on the second hard drive appeared normally as a Primary Partition but that all remaing space on this drive was shown as quot Unallocated Space quot I then re-booted into the XP OS This showed the second hard drive and all its Partitions normally i e with its first Partition as the Primary and all subsequent ones as Logical Drives

A:Hard Drive Suddenly appearing as "Unallocated Space"

Please post back a screenshot of your full Disk mgmt drive map and listings, using SNipping Tool in Start Menu. Tell us what is on each partition, have both HD's attached.

Do you wish to continue with XP or remove it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/132913-hard-drive-suddenly-appearing-unallocated-space.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I am using a 120GB portable hard drive for back ups and additional file storage. When defragging this drive, you are able to see how much space is actually "reserved for system files". Since this is not a bootable drive with no operating system on it, is there a way to recover this space that is reserved for system files? On this drive it amounts to about 10GB of space. If possible, how is this done?

Relevancy 86.86%

Is it possible this can do any harm to my computer?

A:Quick question about the option "compress drive to save disk space"

I have never knwon it to, it doesn't delete any of your wanted files, only temporary junk!
David

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quick-question-about-the-option-compress-drive-to-save-disk-space.385910/
Relevancy 86.43%

Please can somebody help with this minor but annoying matter. When turning on my business computer one morning, the space bar and return/enter buttons are visable when i type emails, but when i send them, they are not. I know its a setting, but can anyone tell me what setting and how to turn it off?

Thanks!

A:[SOLVED] "Space bar" and "return/enter" are visual on emails! Help

You need to tell us what email client you use as these days not everyone uses the built-in one.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-and-quot-space-bar-and-quot-and-and-quot-return-enter-and-quot-are-visual-on-emails-help-584296.html
Relevancy 86.43%

After Cloning a HDD with Acronis I get a low disk space warning For "D" partition, and the partition shows up red? I thought I did a proportional clone. The original drive was a 320GB, and the new drive I used was 250GB. Also because there was a little data loss on original drive in the "C" drive I wanted to do a complete restore using recovery on new drive and that doesn't work either! Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 86.43%

Hello I uninstalled Ubuntu and I installed Windows because I couldn't restore my system but a free space went missing with no reason and I am not sure if I deleted the d drive or not Furthermore I lost more than GB A page pops up when I start my laptop and it shows that I still have the free space but it is not shown either in computer or disk management as unallocated I have tried so many programs to get back the GB and use it but nothing seems to work I will attach two pictures the first one shows my disk management and the second picture shows the page that pops up everytime I start my laptop Long story short I installed Ubuntu using drive space missing, I is allocate can't it and "ubuntu" D Wubi then I didn't like it that much and I tried to format d drive then I deleted by mistake Now the d drive is shown but missing around GB I am really pissed I am not sure how many Gbs that exactly I am missing but it is around GB I will appreciate your D drive space is missing, and I can't allocate it "ubuntu" help please

A:D drive space is missing, and I can't allocate it "ubuntu"

Up up up

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/361353-d-drive-space-missing-i-cant-allocate-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 86.43%

There I was, sitting in a cold dark room, nothing but me and that hunk of metal I call Dolores, doing her Win 7 Pro computing thing.

Then I notice, something amiss. Her C: drive, an SSD, with no restore points set, no pagefile.sys, is down to 24.3 GB open. That's okay. But then later in the day, something suspicious happens. She's been eating something without my knowing. 21.4 GB. Then 20.3 GB. Finally, a week later, red zone alert, only 13.7 GB left open. Hmmm...

So I reverted to an image back in time to when there was 23.6 GB left. And she starts the same "diet" process, losing open space daily. Rebooting changes nothing.

So I've come to you, great detectives. Any idea what might be causing this?

A:"The Case of the Disappearing Hard Drive Space"

Download TreeSize to see what's taking up the space.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/349880-case-disappearing-hard-drive-space.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hey all I have a TB Seagate Barracuda drive which I use as a data storage drive It's formatted NTFS and I use the 3TB space? drive Seagate "negative" shows GPT partition scheme so that I can access the single large partition I had the drive attached via SATA to USB connector to a computer that went down suddenly a few days ago When I tried to plug in the drive into a Windows computer a very weird thing happened The drive was there but it wasn't quite recognized Windows Explorer wouldn't load My Computer and would just show a magnifying glass over the My Computer icon in the left sidebar However when I entered Disk Management the 3TB Seagate drive shows "negative" space? drive was shown normally and had a 3TB Seagate drive shows "negative" space? drive letter assigned to it as well Nothing abnormal there While in DM I was even able to right-click the drive and select quot Open quot and quot Explore quot which would open the drive's contents in a new Explorer window So far so good Here's where it gets really weird I opened the drive up in both AOMEI Partition Assistant Home Edition and MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition and wouldn't you know it the drive is shown with two partitions one with odd GB and the rest of the drive as used space The funny thing is the space is shown with a negative sign - next to it So for some reason both programs saw the drive as having an incorrect amount of space and showed a nonexistent program to boot I launched chkdsk on the drive but after running for several hours the drive was stuck after step and got nowhere fast I looked around online and I saw other people with similar problems One suggestion was to resize the existing partition or create a new one in Disk Management and Windows will see the drive properly Well I decided to go ahead and try it in DM Problem was DM wouldn't let me shrink the partition even though it saw it properly It reported that the partition didn't have enough space This is where I made my big mistake I went into AOMEI and decided to resize the bogus partition - the GB partition that is After I did that and performed a reboot a couple of things happened For starters the drive no longer appeared in My Computer as it didn't have a drive letter assigned to it Second the original and correct size TB partition was gone Disk Management saw only the GB resized partition and nothing else I tried to assign a drive letter with DM but it simply gave me an error that quot The operation failed because the console needs to be refreshed quot When I check the partition in my two programs they report that the drive is either NTFS or unallocated or unformatted However when I use MiniTool if I use the recover partition tool and select the existing partition it does reveal the drive contents exactly as they were before everything went haywire down to the last filename and structure I confirmed this with MiniTool Data Recovery Trial Version What should I do now Should I try to recover what I can with a data recovery program and reformat the drive to repair the NTFS file system and partition scheme which is all screwed up And will it recognize the drive as a TB and not just a GB drive Are my files recoverable now since I haven't reformatted anything yet It's a mystery to me

A:3TB Seagate drive shows "negative" space?

Most likely the file table (GPT) got corrupted due to the PC crashing. That means the data is all on the drive but the table that keeps track of it all got screwed up.

Quote: Originally Posted by Diogones

Should I try to recover what I can with a data recovery program, and reformat the drive to repair the NTFS file system and partition scheme.

Yes.
The first thing anyone should do before trying to fix things is backup the data.
Then wipe the drive (zero-out using PW or Diskpart) and afterward, using Disk Management, install it and initialize it as GPT, then create a new volume.

And will it recognize the drive as a 3TB, and not just a 700GB drive?

If you do as above, yes

Are my files recoverable now, since I haven't reformatted anything yet?

They should be. Try Recuva. It's free and and easy to use, and should do the job.

You could also (after recovering data!) try using Partition Wizard to "Rebuild the GPT". But that may not work now since you have already made other changes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/288639-3tb-seagate-drive-shows-negative-space.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi,

I recently bought an Asus 1215n netbook from Amazon with a 250gb hard drive. However, when I check the actual capacity I only see 1 partition with 100gb and another partition with 117gb.

I know you "lose" 7gb per each 100gb, but that means I should at least have 232,5 usable gigabytes (approximately). I checked other posts in the forums and thanks to them I found out that one partition in my computer is using 2gb for system protection.

But still, where are the other 13,5 gigabytes???

Thanks everyone

A:Missing Hard Drive Space (besides the "standard 7%")

Quote: Originally Posted by reckonn

Hi,

I recently bought an Asus 1215n netbook from Amazon with a 250gb hard drive. However, when I check the actual capacity I only see 1 partition with 100gb and another partition with 117gb.

I know you "lose" 7gb per each 100gb, but that means I should at least have 232,5 usable gigabytes (approximately). I checked other posts in the forums and thanks to them I found out that one partition in my computer is using 2gb for system protection.

But still, where are the other 13,5 gigabytes???

Thanks everyone

Sorry to say but that 7% is an average. I have seen as high as 20% and as low as 3%.

It gets worse the bigger the HD as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/117798-missing-hard-drive-space-besides-standard-7-a.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Doing some maintainence on my computer, i am considering doing this option: "Compress drive to save disk space". There is also a "compress old files" to save space

are these both the same things? (same drive)
can i undo this options? im a big fan of reformatting to undo problems in the event its challenging to undo compress a file.

thanks

Relevancy 86.43%

Enountered a BSOD that said something along the lines of "Unknown Hard Error" with the code in the title followed by the path: \systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll
It then said something about dumping physical memory to disk. I encountered this BSOD after I purposely powered down my machine and it had been turned off for a couple of hours.

All help is greatly appreciated.

p.s. I encountered an unhandled exception error when trying to run the SF diagnostic tool so I hope it completed sufficiently.

Thanks!

A:BSOD with error code "Stop: C0000221 Unknown Hard Error"

Your latest dump says ....

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80072be3d8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Follow the steps stated in Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255836-bsod-error-code-stop-c0000221-unknown-hard-error.html
Relevancy 86%

Hello I am having speed space issues with my Dell Inspiron laptop I m running Windows XP The last week or so it has been taking an inordinate amount of time to bring up new windows change tabs in Firefox etc even bringing up the Start Menu takes time and makes a lot of making "working" laptop eating near-constant drive noises, space Dell hard noise I ve also noticed that there is very little space left on my hard drive I have continued to move photos to Dell laptop making near-constant "working" noises, eating hard drive space a USB key and delete old files but the space keeps filling up and I don t know what s causing it I also had one incident this week Dell laptop making near-constant "working" noises, eating hard drive space where I typed a web address into Firefox I don t remember exactly which site--something very regular like Facebook or Gmail and it brought up a completely different site with questionable content no it was not a pop-up and the page I wanted didn t load in a new tab or anything I am putting a HijackThis log below Thank you much for your help RainyDayInParis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system Atievxx exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmon exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Veoh Web Player Video Finder - FBB -D D - f a-A E - B BFC - C Program Files Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer VeohIEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark Series quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Documents and Settings A Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c O - Global Startup EPSON Status Monitor Environment Check lnk C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x E SRCV EXE O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-making-near-constant-working-noises-eating-hard-drive-space.921742/
Relevancy 86%

I have a customized Asus M A -M system with - Phenom quad core CPU GHz - GB RAM - BluRay amp DVD R W optical drives - W Antec power supply - disks drive - Vertex GB SSD quot drive - Toshiba GB quot drive - White Label TB quot drive - Seagate TB ST AS just upgraded drive firmware to CC from CC -Multiboot Windows Ultimate OpenSUSE tumbleweed linux Linux Mint Windows Windows Home Premium OpenSUSE v My boot loader is grub with a nice custom boot menu using this background image The issue is the Seagate drive is listed as an quot unknown device quot under Windows Ultimate OS along with other volumes despite the fact it works OK when I boot Windows Home Premium Haven't gotten Windows to boot yet so don't know about that but its just fine under all of the Linux OSs too I have all of these backed up using Macrium on a TB external USB also All of the UUIDs for each disk and partition volume are unique as reported by gparted under Linux Having an issue "unknown for standard Issue resolve drive device" 2: 1 SATA Can't with Windows but I'm saving that Issue 2: Can't resolve "unknown device" for 1 standard SATA drive for a separate thread The Seagate was showing up OK before the FW and RAM update I may have confused the Win Ultimate OS when I had to remove the CMOS battery to reset mobo and I forget to switch the SATA ports to AHCI mode Win Ult booted up but many volumes weren't recognized When I discovered and fixed the move items shown as quot unknown quot starting with the Seagate drive explicitly labeled and other drives presumable the other NTFS partitions on that same drive For a map of the partitions on all of the drives see my Issue Can't boot Windows on multiboot system thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/388839-issue-2-cant-resolve-unknown-device-1-standard-sata-drive.html
Relevancy 86%

Does anyone know a fix for this common problem:

My PC's (running XP Pro SP3) mapped network drives say "Unknown Network Device" but they work just fine.

Is there a way to get windows to like them as the normal "Network Device".

I ran across these other posts with people with the same problem, but didn't see any sure-fire fix listed:

http://tinyurl.com/c4zmbr

http://tinyurl.com/d6dxq4

Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unknown-network-device-but-mapped-drive-does-work-362019.html
Relevancy 86%

My Granddad gave me a computer last year, and when I got it it had 35gb of 64gb filled up already.

I looked for the files taking up all the space for a while but could never locate them, so I gave up and went on using it with only half the HD actually usable.

Move on to today, I'm starting a solidworks class and I need the free space, but I can't find where the files are for the life of me. I tried to see if there was some partition, but when I went under device manager > to the Hitachi hard drive properties it showed a - next to partitions.

How can I delete this unknown file?

Here is a screen shot of a program showing HD usage.

Thanks,
John

A:"unknown file" taking up 29GB of hard drive.

Go to Start/Run and type diskmgmt.msc and hit enter. In the Disk Management Console you can see if this is a separate partition, like a Restore partition. If it is, you can format the partition but you will loose any chance to Restore in case of disaster. If you really need more space, it would be safer to buy an External USB HDD and store your files on that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unknown-file-taking-up-29gb-of-hard-drive-410069.html
Relevancy 86%

I have used WinDirStat to verify "unknown" 40gb cannot drive and on my access C [SOLVED] I of them files they are there in limbo and then used file scavenger to actually identify them It amounts to me having had [SOLVED] 40gb of "unknown" files on my C drive and I cannot access them a virus and reinstalling my OS When I did it left the original C drive data in tact and [SOLVED] 40gb of "unknown" files on my C drive and I cannot access them started [SOLVED] 40gb of "unknown" files on my C drive and I cannot access them a whole other separate area for the new OS For instance my entire itunes library is there - some ten gigs In fact when I reinstalled itunes it somehow read the original library but did not have access to the files exclamation point next to each song So somehow it had access to the listing but not the files themselves But I CANNOT no matter what I have tried get to the previous files and delete them There is still only one C partition it did not create a new one I have tried file shredder as well as WDS to clean them up - but all the clean options are grayed out I have also disabled and removed all restore points I have tried these things in safe mode as well HALP I dont wanna do a completely fresh install if I can help it Thank you in advance

A:[SOLVED] 40gb of "unknown" files on my C drive and I cannot access them

How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-40gb-of-and-quot-unknown-and-quot-files-on-my-c-drive-and-i-cannot-access-them-466768.html
Relevancy 86%

A few weeks ago something changed on my -yr-old Dell issue -- hard -- "full" flashing drive hourglass Unknown cursor Vostro desktop running Windows XP SP All of a sudden the cursor arrow started to also have the hourglass next to it ALL the time and the hourglass was slowly flashing on off with a period of hard drive "full" -- flashing cursor hourglass -- Unknown issue about seconds When this started my GB hard drive had GB of free space Within a couple days of this weird new behavior and with no real change in computer usage patterns on my part I started getting messages that my hard drive was FULL I tried deleting some files and programs to free up some hard drive space but the free space is quickly minutes filled and the quot Free Space quot returns to near zero The flashing hourglass is still present except in Windows Safe Mode I cannot connect to the internet using IE In Windows Safe Mode there is a shortcut on the Desktop of the Administrator User that is named quot Repair System Registry quot and is targeted to registrydefender com Although the quot Created quot date of this shortcut is a couple weeks after all this started occurring on this computer I cannot run any of the First Steps listed in the linked info because there is no room on the hard drive for the programs or the logs that would be produced I get error messages when I try to load anything onto this computer Is it possible to run all these First Steps from an external drive Is this a malware issue A software issue A hardware issue Where to start Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hard-drive-full-flashing-cursor-hourglass-unknown-issue-514664.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi - I m floppy installing drive Pro get - XP Can't "Unknown past issue?? Disk" problem trying to install XP Pro onto Can't get past "Unknown Disk" problem installing XP Pro - floppy drive issue?? a brand new SATA hard drive since my old one seems to have gone kaput after about years I booted from CD and went thru all the screens to the point where it was ready to start the installation When i got to the screen to partition the quot mass storage device quot i got the following Unknown Disk There is no disk in this drive Unknown Disk There is no disk in this drive So i found an old post on this site http forums techguy org hardware -solved-unknown-disk-error html and followed the lessons learned there and realized I had a floppy for a RAID DRIVER i had forgotten about it came with the components I bought to build this box So i tried the installation again starting from a reboot and hitting F at the right time When it came time to install the rd party driver i inserted the floppy as instructed and hit Enter The floppy light came on but i don t believe i heard it do anything and the screen asking me to insert the floppy quietly came back I tried a couple times but still the floppy did not do its magic I continued and the partition screen still showed the Unknown Disk error So as suspected the driver did not get installed I then rebooted this time hitting F to check out the BIOS My BIOS recognizes both my new hard drive and the floppy drive just fine and the floppy itself can be read just fine on another PC Could this be a floppy controller problem is there a simple way to test it I m not sure of the last time if ever i ve used the floppy on this box Does the BIOS recognition prove that it should be functional I ve installed new OSes onto new HDs a few times without problem in the past but am no expert So I may be missing something simple Any help would be greatly appreciated to figure out my problem Thank you nbsp

A:Can't get past "Unknown Disk" problem installing XP Pro - floppy drive issue??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-past-unknown-disk-problem-installing-xp-pro-floppy-drive-issue.1031460/
Relevancy 85.57%

i need the best free / premium softwares to to Shred Files and Wipe Free Disk Space

please....

A:need Free Tools to Shred Files and Wipe Free Disk Space

Here's a couple:[email protected] KillDiskNot sure about KillDisk, but Eraser has the option to be run in the Shell Menu, so you can right-click and select Erase, instead of Delete.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/285747/need-free-tools-to-shred-files-and-wipe-free-disk-space/
Relevancy 85.57%

My drive, according to properties under C:\, is using 45.5 GB of its available 100. When I go in to C, and select all (hidden files are shown), properties, it counts it up to 30 gigs size on disk.

So.. Where's those 15 gigs?

I wasn't sure where to put this so I plopped it in Vista, as it's what I'm running.

My system is a rather new (last month) box, pretty clean overall.

Relevancy 85.57%

This question relates to the hard-drive "Space used" as reported by Vista - hope its the right forum.

I have a fairly new laptop with a 320G HD with Vista on it. If I view properties on C:, it reports "Used space" as 76GB. This seems to be an absurdly large number, as I don't have much stuff on it yet. And weirdly, if I select all items in C: and view properties, they amount to about 35GB. (I enabled viewing of hidden and system files too, so don't think anything is missing). Still, a difference of about 40GB seems odd.

Is this normal in Vista? Does anyone have an idea what could be taking up so much space?

A:Vista hard drive "used space" - odd

Run Disk Clean Up Tool
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-6161767.html

Try turning off System Restore and then turning it back on.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/

Turn it off on the C: drive by unchecking the box next to C:, then Click Apply.
Then recheck the box and Click Apply

Run the Vista SP1 Cleanup Tool
http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-v...clean-up-tool/

If this fixed it now to correct the problem:
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/decreas...em_restore.htm

The 64-bit version of Windows Vista can take up anywhere from 12GB to 20GB.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-hard-drive-used-space-odd-321982.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I got a Gateway Pc...
I am supposed to have 400 gb of space but currently there is only an available space of 372 gb?
I have no other Os installed.
The 372 gb is not free space, but available space...
I tried everything... defragging..deleting the whole partition and reinstalling the OS... e.t.c...

Relevancy 85.57%

Last night I was copying tb from drive A to B I let it run all night came back in the morning and it was a not (backup) b "there Copy is to from enough drive space" froze up of the way through the copy So I scanned B rebooted and tried to Copy (backup) from drive a to b "there is not enough space" copy the remaining gb but I got the error quot there is not enough space on B quot I have gb available on B and although I had tb of files selected from A my intent was to opt to quot skip quot all the existing files on B which would have left me with about times as much space as I needed to complete the operation Windows is assuming that all the files I am copying are new unique files tb of them and I won't be quot skipping quot of those files I have selected for the operation amp because I only have gb free I won't have enough space Any suggestions how I can get around this problem thanks Robert Christ

A:Copy (backup) from drive a to b "there is not enough space"

Well I kinda solved it, Because I had 800gb free on the target drive I systematically selected small sections of the 2.75tb source drive for copying that were smaller than the 800gb free on the target drive.

I like the feature warning you that the selected files are larger than the target device but apparently Microsoft engineers never considered the problem I came up against that although the files I had selected were larger than the available space on the target device many of them would have been canceled out by the existing identical files already on it.
Robert Christ

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/229776-copy-backup-drive-b-there-not-enough-space.html
Relevancy 85.57%

its listed on my disk clean up list.v can i safely delete these? I keep getting low available memory alerts.

A:i have like 11Gb of space taken up by "archived Windows Error Reports"

Hi Shellysman Welcome to Seven Forums.
Yes you may delete the archived error files. The low memory warning is not due to them though because they would be on your hard drive (HDD) and not in memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/255705-i-have-like-11gb-space-taken-up-archived-windows-error-reports.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I am attempting to transfer all of the files form an NTSF 250 GB external drive to an empty FAT32 250 GB internal drive via USB.

I keep getting an error message that says "Cannot copy (filename): There is not enough free disk space. Delete one or more files to free disk space, and then try again. To free space on the drive by deleting old or unnecessary files, click Disk Cleanup".

This is not true though, as the destination drive has more than enough space for the transfer.

A:False error - "not enough disk space" durring transfer

You cannot transfer all the files because many will be in use...

You will ned to make a drive image with a program like Ghost, or you can even use its drive copy feature.

It will be cake to copy an entire drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/false-error-not-enough-disk-space-durring-transfer.396184/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello. I am having trouble with a message in Action Center in Windows 8.1. It is saying "Check Backup Disk Space" and I cannot hide the message. I had Windows 7 File Recovery setup with Windows 8.1, but now after the upgrade, the message is "stuck." Can this be fixed? These two links explain it perfectly:

Windows 8.1 Update - Check backup disk space - Microsoft Community

Windows 8.1, can't remove "Check backup disk space" error in action center - Ars Technica OpenForum

Please help. Thanks.

Relevancy 85.57%

sorry about my english before.

I through to the point. I dont know exactly why this can be happened in my windows. I got screen saying :

Quote:
stop c0000fb6 unknown hard error
unknown hard error

nothing else and the system is stopped at the point. so i try to restart windows with power reset. Then restart with safe mode and system repair, but windows can't found the problem and this happened several times when i tried to restart windows.

i know that file ci.dll is corrupted from my system32 and needs to fix it. But, how can I fix it? i cant log on to my windows.

please help me..what must I do? All answer is appreciated

A:Getting Blue Screen error"unknown hard error" in win7

This isn't a commonly recognized BSOD error code (here's a table of all that I know: BSOD Index )

Can you get into Safe Mode? If so, first backup your stuff.
Since you can't do a repair install in Safe Mode, you'll have to wipe the system and reinstall Windows.

You may also want to try these free diagnostics:

Quote:
I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link). There are links to bootable antivirus disks on this page also.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/178383-getting-blue-screen-error-unknown-hard-error-win7.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Three attempts were made to install Win-10 in a Win-7 system which resulted in automatic bounce back into Win-7.  I've updated all drivers in Zt-Systems Core-I7 machine.  Also perhaps relevant is that I can't update Win-7.  It just endlessly
searches but never finds updates to install.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5d663c76-bd06-4712-8e5c-22432b4df8f1/win10-install-fails-with-error-80070002c4000d-described-as-ampampampquotunknown?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 85.14%

While doing my daily security-briefing surfing I stumbled upon the following page https www zemana com WhatsNew ProductID which if you scroll down to nbsp August st notes nbsp Zemana AntiLogger Free is discontinued nbsp nbsp That note also "Anti-Logger": "discontinued" Zemana FREE version nbsp includes a link for a quot limited time offer quot for a free life-time license for Zemana AntiLogger Pro I have not checked to see if that offer is still current ANYWAY nbsp nbsp Based on the descriptions given for the quot Pro quot product this past month it s apparent that the quot Pro quot version is a major extension change to just the Anti-Keylogger aspect of the x series nbsp nbsp That is to say quot Anti-logger quot PRO x now includes all the features of nbsp Zemana ANTI-MALWARE nbsp Real-Time Protection in addition to nbsp the nbsp Anti-Logger component nbsp Known security threats are automatically blocked Unknown applications are heuristically analyzed quot in the Cloud quot nbsp Pandora Sandbox nbsp nbsp They ve also added Ransomware Protection and a Zemana "Anti-Logger": FREE version "discontinued" Browser Cleanup module to remove unwanted toolbars and add-ons That s a big change nbsp nbsp Personally I don t think I d want all that --- even if I received a free lifetime license nbsp nbsp There s definite potential for conflicts with my other security programs nbsp nbsp And unless there s a user-option to override the automatic blocks Zemana "Anti-Logger": FREE version "discontinued" I would be afraid in the event of a major false-positive CONSEQUENTLY I intend to keep running my existing Zemana AntiLogger FREE version which as far as I can tell is still effective as an anti-logger nbsp nbsp Should they Zemana "Anti-Logger": FREE version "discontinued" ever quot disable quot it I ll look for an alternative at that point nbsp nbsp nbsp But for right now it ain t broke and I m not looking to bloat it into a potential security nightmare --------------- Additional information may be gleaned from the following thread which is currently over quot pages quot nbsp long nbsp http www wilderssecurity com threads zemana-antilogger- - -alpha-beta-soon

A:Zemana "Anti-Logger": FREE version "discontinued"

I'm with you...seems to work fine for its intended purpose.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19990347
Relevancy 85.14%

The free light-weight media player Why install separate video players simply because they can t play all video formats VIO Player plays the most popular video formats and you can kiss your old video players goodbye VIO Plays AVI MPEG MKV MOV MP WMV amp FLV video files "VIO" "Good media free player News"download VIO Media Player is a free video player capable of playing most popular video formats VIO Player gives you only the simplest features needed to playback videos therefore making it very light-weight and not very resource intensive Allowing you to playback videos without slowing down your PC "Good News"download "VIO" media player free Playing videos with the player is very easy you simply start VIO Player Choose the video you wish to play and enjoy "Good News"download "VIO" media player free the video It s very simple and VIO Player does not "Good News"download "VIO" media player free make itself your PC s default player Join over million users who enjoy and use VIO Player every day for their media playback needs Download the only video player you ll need for your system now free No need to pay for expensive high end video players just to playcertain video formats Download VIO Player today and play AVI MPEG MKV MOV MP WMV amp FLV videos Dowenload now For more details click here nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-news-download-vio-media-player-free.219305/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi Many many months ago my browser would stop responding for no obvious reason Usually Error > Buffer No Connection SUSPECT 10055, Stalled Space Available" "Socket Internet this occured after my computer had been on for an extended period However the period could be just a few days or weeks The ONLY fix was to reboot my computer I have other computers on my home network which appear to be working fine when mine isn t My computer has a direct ethernet connection into the ADSL modem while the others Internet Connection Stalled > SUSPECT "Socket Error 10055, No Buffer Space Available" share a wireless connection I have recently discovered another clue to the likely cause of the problem I use Second Copy to backup my hard drives locally AND across my home network Every now and then the Second Copy log file indicates that the network copy could not be completed or that the log email could not be sent The reason reported is quot Socket Error No Buffer Space Available quot When this occurs the internet browser is also not responding I m using Windows XP with all updates Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Internet Connection Stalled > SUSPECT "Socket Error 10055, No Buffer Space Available"

OK

(1) Another thread indicated that it MIGHT be that the error is caused by too many tcp/ip connections & frequently is due to using a P2P program and there is no cure to that except cut the amount of connections, that is don't use P2P.

(2) I unistalled all my P2P programs. This did not fix the problem.

(3) Is there a way to INCREASE the number of allowed tcp/ip connections (or the like) ?
This should give me some extra breathing space between reboots of my system.

Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-stalled-suspect-socket-error-10055-no-buffer-space-available.944036/
Relevancy 85.14%

Vista system restore attempt throwing quot not enough space quot status Hi I m unable to enough 0x80070070 point attempt restore throwing space" "not system Vista error boot into the Windows GUI When I power up the computer Vista system restore point attempt throwing "not enough space" 0x80070070 error the quot Startup Repair quot window stating quot Your computer was unable to start quot appears and attempts to correct the problem After a few minutes it reports that it cannot repair the computer automatically and presents me with a quot System Recovery Options quot window Since the initial Startup Repair was unsuccessful I m choosing not to select that option again so I thought the quot System Restore quot option would be the next best approach When I try to perform the System Restore I run into the following scenario after I select my restore point and the restoring files activity is complete I recieve and error x and a message citing not enough space My C drive has Gb free so is the lack of space in a partition and if so how can I change it Any help would be greatly appreciated and I m more than happy to post additional information as required Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-system-restore-point-attempt-throwing-not-enough-space-0x80070070-error.1025557/
Relevancy 85.14%

I receive daily a quot Low message Fake Space" Disk error "Low Disk Space quot error message which is incorrect Fake "Low Disk Space" error message and in my estimation fradulent It goes on to give an alternative to rectify this situation by offering to quot Speed up your computer and remove all viruses that are on your computer quot Of course all of this is for a price If you opt in and then change your mind before you totally commit they offer the same package for half price I refuse to be quot sucked in quot by this fraudulent company I have gone to the Fake "Low Disk Space" error message internet to try and find out how I may get rid of this enemy I have used Malwarebytes Microsoft Security Essentials and Microsofts Security fix program Fake "Low Disk Space" error message all to no avail I am at my wits end trying to rid my computer of this plague This is the url that the message comes through as I cannot find out any source that will identify its origin http static salesresourcepartners com g z amp ilmernzkvtaztu B EDC amp pu cGlja VwaG ja V LmNvbQ amp s iexplore amp nm ilmernzkvtaztu amp t aHR cDovL d dy waWNrdXBob NrZXkuY tL ZvcnVtL RvcGljLmFzcD UT BJQ JRD yODIzNw amp r I need help Thanks Doug Bell nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

Windows Update trying to install KB2976627, continually receiving error that I do not have enough disk space remaining to install the update. My OS Drive has 75 GB Remaining. Does anybody have any idea what causes this problem and how to remedy it?

A:Windows Update error, "not enough disk space..."

Time to do a Cleanup of your system:
Windows Update Cleanup in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/52642-windows-update-error-not-enough-disk-space.html
Relevancy 85.14%

There's not enough disk space on drive C where Nero 7.57 is installed; but, there is on drive E. I set Nero's cache folder to E:\NeroTemp and and Windows temp and tmp environment variable to E:\Temp where there is over 100 Gigs of free space and restarted the computer; but, there is no change with Nero's insufficien-disk-space error.

And, yes, I did create those folders for drive E.

What to do?

Relevancy 85.14%

Ok I m sorry if I m in the wrong section I m new here I would please like someone to help me with this After a few hours of using my computer or going away from my computer I have the error no buffer space available I need to restart my computer because my wireless internet apparently does not work The connection stays fine and constant but no web pages show up MSN closes down and it s like the connection closes down The title shows sdfsdf At the top where it shows the name and it s really annoying I have a HiJackThis log if you need it Also after a little "No available" space buffer Runtime 10055 Error while I didn t Runtime Error 10055 "No buffer space available" get the error and I m just losing my internet connection Runtime Error 10055 "No buffer space available" It s really annoying because my computer takes a long time to restart Here is my hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe Runtime Error 10055 "No buffer space available" C Program Files x Opera opera exe C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files x VoipRaider com VoipRaider voipraider exe C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files x Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files x ManyCam ManyCam exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files x Kuma Games kgsystray Kuma tray exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Gateway MyBackup BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files x Video Web Camera traybar exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x Cyberlink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x Athan Athan exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Video Web Camera CEC MAIN exe C Windows SysWOW mfpmp exe C Users Mukerem AppData Roaming Microsoft de exe C Users Mukerem AppData Roaming Windows update Microsoft NET exe C Program Files x Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files x Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Users Mukerem AppData Roaming mjusbsp magicJack exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m nv R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http toolbar inbox com search dispatcher aspx tp aus amp qkw s amp tbid tb id amp language R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page URL SEARCHPAGE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search conduit com SearchSource amp ctid CT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ca yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http toolbar inbox com search ie aspx tbid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main CustomizeSearch http toolbar inbox com help sa customize aspx tbid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page URL SEARCHPAGE R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ca yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http toolbar inbox com search ie aspx tbid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http toolbar inbox com help sa customize aspx tbid R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - D D D - F D- C-B C -E F B - C PROGRA INBOXT Inbox dll R - URLSearchHook SweetIM ToolbarURLSearchHook Class - EEE C D- - DC- C - C - C Program Files x SweetIM ... Read more

Relevancy 84.71%

see attached screenshots part is the actual error code part is a log of the updates in question failing repeatedly i've tried using the reset cmd script linked at Error x in Windows Update when you try to install updates and the blog linked at the bottom of that KB article which nets thousands of registry edit failures mostly quot Access is denied quot also tried downloading each of those updates to install them manually and every single one gives the dialog box quot This update is not applicable to your computer quot which is absolute baloney Updates 80070005 10 "unknown giving error" Windows recent since all of them are marked as important updates in Windows Update and yes i did download the appropriate versions for my computer - Windows bit COMODO Internet Security and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware didn't 10 recent Windows Updates giving "unknown error" 80070005 turn up anything of note the latter turned up a few apparent non-threats under 10 recent Windows Updates giving "unknown error" 80070005 the quot Potentially Unwanted Program quot category which i quarantined can supply a log of this if needed i'm installing the System Update Readiness Tool right now as i'm typing this wasn't expecting it to take longer than minutes i'll be back to edit OP with logs of that and sfc scannow when they're both done would appreciate a fix soon as one of these uninstallable updates is a patch for the FREAK SSL exploit EDIT SURT just finished and all it says is quot Installation Complete quot i feel stupid for asking this but what do i do after this besides sfc scannow which i'm gonna do right now EDIT sfc scannow doesn't work Windows Modules Installer was already enabled when i went to check on it in services msc and i tried net start trustedinstaller which didn't help either regardless i've uploaded my CBS folder to MediaFire http www download j z mtm CBS zip EDIT well then is there a website you guys would prefer me to upload my CBS folder to EDIT CBS folder on OneDrive https onedrive live com redir resi int file czip

A:10 recent Windows Updates giving "unknown error" 80070005

Please note that mediafire is a blocked source in this forum - for good reason.
I really do suggest that you find an alternative fileshare site, unless you want to infest your friends with what is generally considered adware, at best, and malware at worst.
I have managed to access the file (I think!) - but I will not be able to complete the download until tomorrow.

Here is the link I found (munged a little... ) hxxp://download1046.**************/ck21txe7vpsg/jjjazwmg1z3mtm7/CBS.zip

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/363838-10-recent-windows-updates-giving-unknown-error-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hey there Recently in the past week ive been randomly having the internet quot stop working quot after - mins of problem and Error" system weird "Unknown restore, Doing a internet being on it and all websites coming up with Connection Refused with Sky Tech Support saying its all working fine and there showing activity So I assumed it may have been something I recently downloaded so I uninstalled them all and it still kept happening so I then tried a system restore only to be met with quot System Restore "Unknown Error" Doing a system restore, and weird internet problem failed - Unexpected Error quot Tried restoring around times now and the same thing everytime The internet seems to be working still and active but websites either come up as quot Connection Refused quot or just don t load up at all with a blank white screen Im posting asking for help with both the system restore and internet problem hoping that I can kill two birds with one stone by restoring it to before it started doing all this Help nbsp

A:"Unknown Error" Doing a system restore, and weird internet problem

So far the internet has gone off after: 39minutes, 1hours 57minutes and 11minutes. Did a Kaspersky virus check and nothing whatsoever.

So no idea what either the system restore, or internet going down problems are. Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-error-doing-a-system-restore-and-weird-internet-problem.797280/
Relevancy 84.71%

I have been using my flash drive until about two weeks ago when now they are recognized as flash drives. When I look at the device manager, is says they are "unknown device". What can start this and what is the fix?

A:USB Drive listed as "unknown device"

The drivers could have become corrupt...try reinstalling the drivers for that FLASH Drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-drive-listed-as-unknown-device.879266/
Relevancy 84.71%

Recently I have not been able to access my flash drive from the USB ports. Whn I check the device manager I can see the drive but it is listed as unknown device. What would be a good fix? I am using XP.

Relevancy 84.71%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Program Files was trojan" infected computer by System Error "Your unknown Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Windows system schtasks exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C "Your computer was infected by unknown trojan" System Error Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Real "Your computer was infected by unknown trojan" System Error Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Snapfish Picture Mover SnapfishMediaDetector exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin distnoted exe C Windows regedit exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Lexico Toolbar - F A-B - d - A- F CF B - C Windows Downloaded Program Files lexbar dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Media Player - E CE- E - F -A -D ED CED - C Windows wmpdxm dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - ... Read more

A:"Your computer was infected by unknown trojan" System Error

Hi Dr_Omels

Thank you for your patience. I will be helping you deal with the issues raised in your log from this point onwards

Before we start jumping into things, here is a quick basic note which I mention to everyone. The fix which I have provided for you is for this computer only, it should not be used on any other computer. Each fix is tailor made for the specific task in hand. If for some reason you have system restore disabled, then please re-enable it before proceeding, an infected restore is better than none. Please read through the fix first and set enough time aside to complete the task in one session. If there is anything you feel needs clarification then please ask - do not guess! Thanks.

If this is a business computer or a computer from a work place then please advise your IT department of the concerning issues before commencing further.

Please follow these directions in the order they are set out for you.

On with the fix.....

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location.
You can also access the log by doing the following:

-> Click on the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware icon to launch the program.
-> Click on the Logs tab.
-> Click on the log at the bottom of those listed to highlight it.
-> Click Open.

Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply

Please download ComboFix.exe

Save ComboFix to the desktop.

1. Double click on combo.exe and follow the prompts.
2. When finished, it will produce a logfile located at C:\ComboFix.txt.
3. Post the contents of that log in your next reply with a new HijackThis log.

Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it is running. That may cause your system to stall/hang. Do not proceed with the rest of the fix if you fail to run combofix

If your computer did not restart then please restart it now.
Once it has restarted please generate a fresh HJT log
Post this along with the results from combofix and Malwarebytes in your next reply

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/your-computer-was-infected-by-unknown-trojan-system-error-229332.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I'm getting seemingly random blue screens on a regular basis. Blue Screen View blames ntoskrnl.exe, so make of that what you will.

I no good at computer

Installed 3 weeks ago, when the system was built. I didn't build it, the guys I ordered it from did (hardwareversand)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Random BSOD, "Unknown Device" error in perfmon

About 1/3 of these crashes are blamed on memory corruption directly. Some of the others indirectly.

These crashes were caused by memory corruption (probably a driver). Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!
1-Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Further Reading
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/208271-random-bsod-unknown-device-error-perfmon.html
Relevancy 84.71%

A quick scan of the internet shows that I am not the only one to get this during the last several days When I try to access Control Panel gt Fonts I get a popup reading quot System error Your computer was infected by unknown trojan It s dangerous for your system critical files can be lost Click OK to download the anti-spyware infected by was Your Error! "System computer unknown trojan...." program to clean your system Recommended quot Then I get a message to the effect that Windows Explorer has encountered an error amp must close So I never get to Fonts What it wants to download I gather is the rogue antispyware program quot Files-Secure quot Of course I haven t pressed the button to download it but I can t get rid of the damned thing--AVG A-Squared Bit Defender AdAware SpybotS amp D--and not one of them zaps it Here my log from SmitfraudFix which I just ran SmitFraudFix v Scan done at Fri Run from C Documents and Settings Stephen Desktop SmitfraudFix OS Microsoft Windows XP Version - Windows NT The filesystem type is NTFS Fix run in normal mode Process C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files a-squared Anti-Dialer a service exe C Program Files a-squared Free a service exe "System Error! Your computer was infected by unknown trojan...." C Program Files ABC Chaos decrypt mainserv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files D D exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Spyware Terminator sp rsser exe "System Error! Your computer was infected by unknown trojan...." C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System wdfmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files D D exe C Program Files Spyware Terminator SpywareTerminatorShield exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C PROGRA Softwin BITDEF bdmcon exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdnagent exe C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS system cmd exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe hosts C C WINDOWS C WINDOWS system C WINDOWS Web C WINDOWS system C Documents and Settings Stephen C Documents and Settings Stephen Application Data Start Menu C DOCUME Stephen FAVORI Desktop C Program Files Corrupted keys Desktop Components HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Desktop Components quot Source quot quot About Home quot quot SubscribedURL quot quot About Home quot quot FriendlyName quot quot My Current Home Page quot IEDFix Attention following keys are not inevitably infected IEDFix exe by S Ri Sharedtaskscheduler Attention following keys are not inevitably infected SrchSTS exe by S Ri Search SharedTaskScheduler s dll AppInit DLLs Attention following keys are not inevitably infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Windows quot AppInit DLLs quot quot quot Winlogon System Attention following keys are not inevitably infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon quot System quot quot quot Rustock DNS Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface DNS Server Search Order DNS Server Search Order HKLM SYSTEM CCS Services Tcpip -F - D A-B C - CFF B F NameServer HKLM SYSTEM... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-error-your-computer-was-infected-by-unknown-trojan.673308/
Relevancy 84.71%

I received an attachment from my colleague, who saved the file on his PC before sending. When I download and open it on my Mac, there's an error message in the footer of every page that reads, "Error! Unknown switch argument" where there should
be page numbers. My colleague doesn't have this issue.
Thanks for your help.
Sarah

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2eb12c2f-f51d-486c-bce8-22019211f516/quoterror-unknown-switch-argumentquot-in-footer-on-word-for-mac?forum=windowssteadystate
Relevancy 84.71%

Driver symefa64.sys is causing error according to System Events log. User has been using external Insignia Bluetooth Dongle used for external hardware devices while still having Dell Centrino Bluetooth card enabled. Dongle shows as "unknown device" in device manager. Wondering if these two are in conflict and causing the system to misbehave.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/386801-bsod-random-error-0x1000007e-cause-unknown-driver.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello Recently many computers on our network are unable to search for new updates We keep getting error code F and it says quot Windows Update encountered an unknown error quot We use Trend Micro Antivirus SP and do not have the Firewall enabled I've already tried disabling it as well as adding the Windows Update URL's an 8024402F encountered Update "Windows error." unknown to the "Windows Update encountered an unknown error." 8024402F URL Filter but no change I sent a ping to update microsoft com and they all timed out so I'm sure that has something to do with it I am not quite sure how to handle this and they were all working just a few weeks ago I've already tried the FixIt solution and resetting the Windows Update components Here is a part from the WindowsUpdate log file - - c AU Triggering AU detection through DetectNow API - - c AU Triggering Online detection interactive - - d c AU - - d c AU START AU Search for updates - - d c AU - - d c AU lt lt SUBMITTED AU Search for updates CallId B F - FA - B - EBC-CEEAFEFEB - - af Agent - - af Agent START Agent Finding updates CallerId AutomaticUpdates - - af Agent - - af Agent Online Yes Ignore download priority No - - af Agent Criteria quot IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Installation' or IsPresent and DeploymentAction 'Uninstallation' or IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Installation' and RebootRequired or IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Uninstallation' and RebootRequired quot - - af Agent ServiceID F B -E - B -B - A BC C Windows Update - - af Agent Search Scope Machine - - af Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - af Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - af Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download windowsupdate com v v wuredir cab error x - - af Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - af Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - af Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - af Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - af Agent Downloading new auth cab for service f -a - - - a d efe d at http download windowsupdate com v dir muauth cab - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - af Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download windowsupdate com v ir muauth cab error x - - af Agent WARNING Failed to download auth cab for service f -a - - - a d efe d from http download windowsupdate com v dir muauth cab hr X - - af Agent FATAL Caller Default Service Recovery failed to opt in to service f -a - - - a d efe d hr X - - af Setup Checking for agent SelfUpdate - - af Setup Client version Core Aux - - af Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - af Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - af Misc WA... Read more

A:"Windows Update encountered an unknown error." 8024402F

I note the date on this report is from a while ago - or your clock is off.
Check that the time/date/region on the affected machines is correct before doing anything else

(All MS server have PING response turned off by default - ignore that)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/218140-windows-update-encountered-unknown-error-8024402f.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello installing when printer: is port Error (1796)" unknown specified "the I have a new Lexmark Pro series wireless printer I have it installed on our home Error when installing printer: "the specified port is unknown (1796)" wireless network and can print to it fine from two separate Vista laptops On an older Dell XP SP desktop machine however when I try to install the Lexmark printer drivers from their CD I get an error The full text of the error is quot Failed to create print object Lexmark Pro Series Network The specified port is unknown quot The error appears near the end of the installation process Also no printer icon shows up in Printers and Faxes The first thing I did was contact Lexmark technical support They tried several things but to no avail including doing an uninstall and cleaning of any Lexmark drivers disconnecting and reconnecting the printer via a USB cable not needed for normal operation and reinstalling the drivers a couple of times They said the cause of the problem is something wrong with the Spooler Subsystem Apps and that I would need to repair or update it Any ideas how to do this I ve got some decent tech skills and am comfortable doing minor tweaks in the registry and such Thanks Tim nbsp

A:Error when installing printer: "the specified port is unknown (1796)"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-when-installing-printer-the-specified-port-is-unknown-1796.899846/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello all I just found this forum and I hope you can help me with this problem so please bear with me Error" freezes; Hard [SOLVED] "Unknown Chkdsk The relevant facts I'm using an Athlon X running Windows XP on a Seagate gb SATA hard drive The motherboard is an Asus A V About a week ago I noticed that every [SOLVED] Chkdsk freezes; "Unknown Hard Error" morning my system had rebooted itself I checked the logs and found no errors only normal bootup information at AM Since that was the same time I tell AVG to scan I assumed the problem was that yep lo and behold running an AVG scan causes the computer to reboot A quick internet search recommended running chkdsk to rectify similar problems with AVG so I gave it a try Upon rebooting the system locked up partway through the chkdsk on my primary data partition Windows itself is on another partition It was during phase of the chkdsk Worried I booted up off the XP CD and into the recovery console I first ran chkdsk on all the other partitions and it found a handful of bad sectors etc [SOLVED] Chkdsk freezes; "Unknown Hard Error" nothing serious Running it on the problem partition however the same thing happened partway through phase the system locked Next I tried running chkdsk in read only mode from Windows itself At the end of Phase the system freezes albeit it slightly differently I get a number of quot Unknown Hard Error quot messages until explorer itself exits and the computer sits there continually popping up those quot Unknown Hard Error quot messages So I'm really worried- is it a problem with the drive I would hope not it is only about months old The system seems to run stabily enough I don't have random crashes or anything it's only when chkdsk or AVG antivirus run that this happens Does anyone have any ideas Any other programs that can examine and or repair NTFS partitions I'm really at a loss Thanks for any help Blair

A:[SOLVED] Chkdsk freezes; "Unknown Hard Error"

I would suggest that you download and use the "SeaTools" utility or the "DiscWizard" from Seagate to check the drive. HERE is a link for those.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-chkdsk-freezes-and-quot-unknown-hard-error-and-quot-170738.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi guys, i'm new here, and I need some help badly. Up untill now, my dvd-ram drive has been working perfectly, reading any type of disc with no fuss. All of a sudden, it now decides that it does not want to play or read audio cds properly. in my computer, it says the cd is no 0 bytes big, and there is 0 bytes free. When i look on the cd, all the files are worth 44 bytes, and they display as 1kb respectively.

I have had this problem once before, but managed to sort it out, but now i can not remember the method to sort it out.

please help!

A:"Audio CD: 0 bytes used, free space: 0 bytes" problem

Welcome to TechSpot

SoapSud said:

Hi guys, i'm new here, and I need some help badly. Up untill now, my dvd-ram drive has been working perfectly, reading any type of disc with no fuss. All of a sudden, it now decides that it does not want to play or read audio cds properly.Click to expand...

Did you install something CD/DVD related? Or did you try to play a copy-protected CD?

in my computer, it says the cd is no 0 bytes big, and there is 0 bytes free. When i look on the cd, all the files are worth 44 bytes, and they display as 1kb respectively.Click to expand...

That part looks normal to me (at least in Windows).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-cd-0-bytes-used-free-space-0-bytes-problem.43262/
Relevancy 84.71%

"stop c0000221 unknown hard error systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll" while trying to install windows xp

A:"stop c0000221 unknown hard error systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll"

most likely a bad ram module or to aggressive timings

but first do a complete error check on the disk along with a virus/spy scan

read this

post back with the results

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c0000221-unknown-hard-error-systemroot-system32-ntdll-dll-89715.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Please would someone help me to regain control of my PC?
Windows 7, but I get a bad image error on all start up apps, and when I try to start any program except Chrome browser. I have also found a file in users called wangjihua, which I cannot delete, even in safe mode.
I've tried many antivirus and anti malware to no avail, mostly from a previous resolved similar issue solved by Broni Malware Annihilator
Regards
pme1410

A:Bad Image error upon boot and opening programs, and an unknown new user, "wangjihua"?

Ok, now I've got my two text logs from FRST, here is the first one, part 1;

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) (x64) Version:13-08-2015
Ran by Peter (administrator) on PETER-PC-W7-64 (13-08-2015 19:09:35)
Running from C:\Users\Peter\Desktop
Loaded Profiles: Peter (Available Profiles: Peter)
Platform: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (X64) Language: English (United States)
Internet Explorer Version 11 (Default browser: Chrome)
Boot Mode: Normal
Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/335081-frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

==================== Processes (Whitelisted) =================

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, the process will be closed. The file will not be moved.)

(IBM Corp.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Trusteer\Rapport\bin\RapportMgmtService.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\igfxCUIService.exe
(SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSvc.exe
(SUPERAntiSpyware.com) C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCORE64.EXE
(Acronis) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
(Acronis) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\CDP\afcdpsrv.exe
(Acronis) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center\itype.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center\ipoint.exe
(ASUSTeK Computer Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\AsRoutineController.exe
(ASUSTeK Computer Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\Wi-Fi GO!\AssistTools\WiFi GO! Server.exe
(ASUSTeK Computer Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\DIGI+ Power Control\PowerControlHelp.exe
(iolo technologies, LLC) C:\Program Files (x86)\iolo\System Mechanic Professional\ioloGovernor64.exe
() C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\1.00.19\atkexComSvc.exe
(ASUSTeK Computer Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AAHM\1.00.20\aaHMSvc.exe
(ASUSTeK Computer Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsSysCtrlService\1.00.13\AsSysCtrlService.exe
(ASUSTeK Computer Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsusFanControlService\1.01.08\AsusFanControlService.exe
(Broadcom Corporation.) C:\Program Files\ASUS\Bluetooth Software\btwdins.exe
(Dassault Systèmes) C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\DraftSight\bin\dsHttpApiService.exe
(DTS, Inc) C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\DTSU2PAuSrv64.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\ehome\ehrecvr.exe
(Realtek Semiconductor) C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe
(Realtek Semiconductor) C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe
(SoftPerfect Research) C:\Program Files\NetWorx\networx.exe
(Logitech, Inc.) C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP\SetPoint.exe
(SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION) C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S50STB.EXE
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
(SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION) C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S50RPB.EXE
() C:\Program Files\Ditto\Ditto.exe
(Spotify Ltd) C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\SpotifyWebHelper.exe
(Nero AG) C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Sync Manager\HSMServiceEntry.exe
(Intel(R) Corporation) C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\HeciServer.exe
(Siber Systems) C:\Program Files (x86)\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\robotaskbaricon.exe
(Piriform Ltd) C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\IPROSetMonitor.exe
(Google Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
(iolo technologies, LLC) C:\Program Files (x86)\iolo\Common\Lib\ioloServiceManager.exe
(Broadcom Corporation.) C:\Program Files\ASUS\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe
(Secunia) C:\Program Files (x86)\Secunia\PSI\psi_tray.exe
(Logitech, Inc.) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\KHAL3\KHALMNPR.exe
(Dropbox, Inc.) C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL\Jhi_s... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-image-error-upon-boot-and-opening-programs-and-an-unknown-new-user-wangjihua.218096/
Relevancy 84.28%

I changed my outlook email .ost file to open with auto cad by mistake. Initially it was opening with an Unknown application. How can I enable it to open with an unknown application again? please help

A:changing an ".ost"file to open with "unknown" application

You can try this tutorial and see if it helps.

Default File Type Associations - Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/341285-changing-ost-file-open-unknown-application.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have previously had the Sims Deluxe installed on my computer but whenever I try to completely uninstall the program this error comes up:

This also comes up when I insert the disc and click "Install".

This game is driving me nuts please help.

A:The Sims Deluxe "Not Enough Space" Error

Hi

So how did you try to uninstall?

As far as I know, there are three ways to uninstal:
- Use the uninstall file in the games root directory
- go to control panel/add or remove programs and delete it

If its not the actual game thats irritating you, just the lack of disk space that it causes, couldn't you go to my computer/c:/prgrams files and delete the game manually?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-sims-deluxe-not-enough-space-error.780867/