Windows Support Forum

Quick Question About Closing Apps/ Taskbar (Could someone test this? )

Q: Quick Question About Closing Apps/ Taskbar (Could someone test this? )

So lets say you have a program open, and its not pinned to the taskbar, calculator for example. You close it, and the animation for the programs icon on the taskbar disappears smoothly. Now, if I pin the calculator onto the taskbar and open it (or any current taskbar pinned item) and close it, the icon disappears with a sort of a chunky, or "blocky" animation leaving just the normal taskbar icon.

My question is, should this happen or is my Windows install lagging somehow? Can anyone recreate this and see if you get a similiar result? Simply, non taskbar pinned apps icons seem to close smoother, while ones that are pinned dont really have an animation and just close with maybe 3 different frames.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Quick Question About Closing Apps/ Taskbar (Could someone test this? )

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Quick Question About Closing Apps/ Taskbar (Could someone test this? )

Hello Keyes,

This would be the Animations in the taskbar visual effects setting. It's normal for there to be a slight delay with the animation. If it's to long or jagged, then you may have something else running that's using a lot of resources causing a temporary longer delay for this.

If you like, you could turn off (uncheck) this setting to have them be instant instead.

Visual Effects Settings - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357340-quick-question-about-closing-apps-taskbar-could-someone-test.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I installed Quick Launch on my Taskbar (Windows 7, 64-bit).

I don't know how to position it next to the Start button.

The area in the Taskbar between the Start button and the Quick Launch toolbar appears to be reserved to display open applications.

Dragging the Quick Launch toolbar all the way to the left doesn't work. It stops 2 inches from the Start button, allowing room for open application icons.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

A:Taskbar-Open Apps on left, Quick Launch on right - can't reverse these

Hi and welcome to the Forum.
I found this " Note that you’ll need to right-click and unlock the taskbar before you can move the toolbar."
You might find this useful:
Quick Launch - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/311783-taskbar-open-apps-left-quick-launch-right-cant-reverse-these.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi all, here is my question I'm recently building my first PC and and unfortunately I am only able to order part by part. Currently I have my processor, motherboard, power supply and will be ordering my memory next. my processor is a i5 3570k with the Integrated HD4000 Graphics and mobo is a MSI Z77A-GD65, so I planned on using the on-board graphics till I can afford an aftermarket one.

So basically my question is with the processor, mobo, power supply and memory in hand will I be able to run a test boot on the system so I can make sure I don't have any defected or broken parts. If not can you list any extra parts ill need before I can try a test boot. thank you very much.

A:Quick question on test boot

You'll need RAM to seal that deal. The bare components you'll need for a boot/POST are CPU, PSU, board and RAM...a monitor and keyboard wouldn't go amiss either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quick-question-on-test-boot.182253/
Relevancy 69.23%

So can you change that hideous orange color that blinks when it wants your attention?

such as on instant messenger programs when someone talks to you and it flashes orange..can you change that color'?
thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quick-question-if-the-color-can-be-changed-on-blinking-apps-in-start-bar.374292/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

I recently ran a scheduled diagnostic test of my PC with the manufacturer's diagnostic software. I received two error messages and the advice to promptly replace my hard drive. The first message was Failed (Error code: WHD20-1VR) and the second was Failed (Error code: WHD16-T57). The apply to Targeted Read test and Smart Short Self Test respectively.

So I ran Chkdsk for the C: drive and received no error messages.

Which is correct and what should I do about it? The error message won't go away on the software.

Thanks for helping.

A:Question: Failed Targeted Read Test and SMART Short Self Test

CHKDSK is a very basic check that mostly checks file system and can be set to scan for bad sectors. The manufacturer's diagnostics actually check the physical drive to make sure its operating within the designed parameters and is more thorough.

You should replace the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-failed-targeted-read-test-and-smart-short-self-test.1003278/
Relevancy 56.33%

It started a few days ago. Whenever i try to open Camera, Store etc. they close automatically. However i can open apps that i have installed from Store and Settings.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/54986-apps-closing-automatically.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I use the system apps Mail, Calendar, and Groove Music. Since I first starting using Windows 10 many months ago, these apps keep closing without any indication of why. They close when during active sessions and on awakening they're usually closed. Groove Music will close at times while I'm listening to music. Why is this happening? I kept thinking that system updates would eventually resolve the issue, but they haven't, despite many updates.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/70164-windows-10-apps-keep-closing.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I realize this is an old post Metro apps closing but it is a current issue for Metro apps closing me I'm writing on my Mac OSX which I haven't had issues with for years nothing major like this anyway We bought our kids Toshiba laptops for Christmas for homeschooling and they both have Windows It's only January and I've had several issues with them The latest is the same as described in the last post quot I have an administrator account and another account It is just a home Metro apps closing desktop My admin account has the issue of any Metro app minimizing after - seconds but the other account is able to access them quot My son's account can access the apps and play Minecraft I was able to access the apps on the Admin account until I installed Uniblue Registry Booster and ran it However I did the same to my daughters computer and it is working fine So I don't think Metro apps closing it is RB I have tried System Restore at different restore points and those didn't work Same problem I tried System Refresh That also didn't work Same problem I'm at a loss of what to do except get my back and save up for a MacBook But any help here would be VERY much appreciated BTW I've been through some computer classes but not anywhere near the level most of you are at I'll let you know if your responses are over my head though Thanks Oh I should also mention that when I go into the app menu most of the tile apps have an X in the bottom right corner When I go to the full menu almost all of them have the word quot error quot after the name including Settings I had to get into Settings another way

A:Metro apps closing

Mate, you mentioned Registry Booster! You've located the problem. As far as I can tell, 95% of people on this forum recommend never using any registry 'booster' (apart from ccleaner), and the number one reason is because it makes a system unstable, and the second is like it: it doesn't actually provide any tangible benefit.

I recommend a system Refresh or a system reset, and failing that, a complete reinstallation.

No defragmenter, reg editor, optimizer, etc. should ever be installed. Upgraded Windows OS's also have SAFE upgraded built-in tools to do the same things as the other guys' stuff (like optimize drives). See Optimize Performance for better speeds.

These are my recommendations, hope they are helpful to you! I really think the only fix for you would be in the tutorials I've suggested (System refresh, and how to optimize performance). Good luck in your quest for the solution!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/59845-metro-apps-closing.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all I don't know if this is intended or not but my Metro apps will only completely close if I use alt f from within the app to close it If I pull the app down from the top with my mouse or Metro closing apps f4 only alt with I go to the switcher right click and click close the only thing that happens is that my Metro apps get removed from the app switcher Metro apps only closing with alt f4 and from the alt tab list Using the task manager I can see that they are still there and still using the same memory that they were before I tried to close them With alt f they disappear from the task manager and I get back the Metro apps only closing with alt f4 memory that they were using Additionally when I close them with pulling down or the switcher when I open them again from the start screen it is as if nothing had happened They still open into whatever state they were in and the splash screen with the app icon doesn't appear again like it would if the app had actually closed and been reopened This definitely seems wrong as all three options to close apps worked in Windows but in Windows only alt f works Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Metro apps only closing with alt f4

Hello The Visitor,

It has changed a bit on how to close an app from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. In Windows 8.1, you will now need to wait until the app flips to show it's tile when you drag it down to close it.

Here are some more ways to close apps in Windows 8.1.

Apps - Close in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/34581-metro-apps-only-closing-alt-f4.html
Relevancy 56.33%

hi expert,when im playing audio or video files suddenley those are closing and sounds like"blurr burr" and it shoes that restart is requied and the pc is restarting.also using store,other apps and  games it will suddenly closing those apps without any warning or information.this shoud be horrible.im usuing HP ab219tx model with widows 10 os.please slove my problem or otherwise tell me how to conact customer for on-site warrenty

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/suddenly-closing-apps/td-p/5685285
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi

I work on my pc until late at night so have several programs open plus firefox with numerous tabs. I go to bed, the pc goes to sleep, but when i come down in the morning all my programs have closed. All I see is my desktop. No error messages (as pps have mentioned). The pc come out of sleep but its like its restarted itself at some point in the night.

Its rather annoying as I will have all the programs set up ready to start work again in the morning and wont have bookmarked all the browser tabs but everything has disappeared.

It doesnt happen every night.

Thanks.

A:All apps closing down overnight when pc is in sleep.

Do you have Hibernation enabled?

you may want to check the following setting in Power Options. Navigate to Power Options in Control Panel and click your power plan (usually Balanced or Power Saver). Click the Advanced power options link and look for this setting:

If the setting for On Battery is similar to mine here, change it to 0 (never). That should correct it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/235112-all-apps-closing-down-overnight-when-pc-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Dear Sir,
There is a particular Application in my PC,when i open that application it closes all the ruing application on that time and prevent opening new app while it is in use.it allows to open only task manager nothing else....please help me on the same...its an urgent...because i want to record screen of that particular software while it is ruing by using recording software for my personal use....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-stop-an-app-from-closing-all-runing-apps-on-pc.1169534/
Relevancy 55.9%

I Apps randomly on own Windows their closing 8 just picked up a new windows laptop and so far I really like the Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly new os However I have been noticing something really odd and quite annoying Apps seem to be closing on their own randomly I'll have Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly an app open finance music games that I downloaded from the store and it'll be working fine but then all of a sudden the app would just close and take me back to the metro start screen I have been trying to look around but I can't seem to find a solution I contacted Microsoft tech support and they remote controlled into my laptop and did some stuff and said the issue should be fixed However it's still there I'll be reading the financials in the stock app and then boom It'll just close on it's own without any sort of error message and take me to the start screen This is getting quite annoying because everytime it happens I have to essentially go back in and start over Anyone else experiencing this issue and know of a solution

A:Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly

Hello there!

The only app I really have issues with is Music Info, great app, but buggy as a bug. It crashes kind of more often than I'd like.

As for other apps, like the Bing apps, I don't have issues with. Sometimes the News app doesn't launch, but that's sometimes.

Odd, and you're using a new PC with Windows 8 preinstalled?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/14863-windows-8-apps-closing-their-own-randomly.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I just picked up a new windows laptop and so far I really like the 8 closing their on Apps Windows randomly own new os However I have been noticing something really odd and quite annoying Apps seem to be closing on their own randomly I'll have an app open finance music games that I downloaded from the store and it'll be working fine but then all of a sudden the app Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly would just close and take me back to the metro start screen Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly I have been trying to look around but I can't seem to find a solution I contacted Microsoft tech support and they remote controlled into my laptop and did some stuff and said the issue should be fixed However it's still there I'll be reading the financials in the stock app and then boom It'll just close on it's own without any sort of error message and take me to the start screen This is getting quite annoying because everytime it happens I have to essentially go back in and start over Anyone else experiencing this issue and know of a solution

A:Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly

Hello there!

The only app I really have issues with is Music Info, great app, but buggy as a bug. It crashes kind of more often than I'd like.

As for other apps, like the Bing apps, I don't have issues with. Sometimes the News app doesn't launch, but that's sometimes.

Odd, and you're using a new PC with Windows 8 preinstalled?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/14863-windows-8-apps-closing-their-own-randomly.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I don't know how it's possible but it happened Must be WITHOUT Apps??? NO Vista Reboots WAY! Closing some new feature they never advertised but should The other day Vista Ultimate was nagging me to reboot after installing some updates I kept putting it off but finally it wouldn't let me put it off for as long In any event I walked away to get some lunch and when I got back my PC had been rebooted I logged back in NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps??? and things looked like it was starting up normally But then I see down my taskbar that I have three programs still open I'm like WTF How is this possible They were Outlook an Unsent Saved Draft of an NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps??? email and another Email which was just open My web browser windows and multiple tabs were all gone though OR WERE THEY I opened IE to begin getting my desktop back in order and get my email tabs all opened up when suddenly I saw that IE had all my tabs in it as soon as it loaded I could not believe this What's REALLY weird and I think is confirmation that something had happened was that I now had tabs in one IE instance whereas before I had two instances of IE cascaded horizontally on my quot widescreen displays each with tabs - one set was for email and one was for forums I frequent But now IE loaded up and I had all of these COMBINED into a single IE instance which btw I'm trying to figure out how to move tabs from one IE instance to another but there doesn't seem to be a way In any event I can not believe it still thus I'm posting this here to see if anyone else has encountered this If you don't believe me even I will try this again go and install some updates not like SP but some basic updates then wait to let it reboot and see what happens Regards Kevin

A:NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps???

Windows Vista 64 ultimate has done this to me as well. It's kinda of a feature than a problem. It opened up the last programs that were running before the shutdown. But I never had windows update reboot without me telling it to. That's a new one.
Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/136911-no-way-vista-reboots-without-closing-apps.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi guys, did you found a fix on this:

I'm running an original Windows 7 (I preordered it) and I've updated all graphic drivers, but whenever I want to close a window, Windows Aero lags for a quick second and closes the window, however whenever I minimize a window, it closes down nicely with the effect. Why is this occuring?

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, whenever I open a Metro app like Weather, even after closing it using the red cross in the upper right corner (feature added in 8.1 Update), the app will keep running in the background forcing me to end it with Task Manager. Is this normal?

A:Metro apps keep running in the background after closing

Hello Antares,

Yep, when you close an app with the red X on the upper right corner it only suspends the app to the background. When an app is supended, think of it as being placed in standby mode. The app will not use any system resources if suspended. A suspended app will still sit in memory (RAM) until that memory is needed by something else in Windows 8 and is then closed automatically to free the memory. While the app is sitting in memory, it will allow the app to be loaded faster the next time you open it since it's already in memory.

The tutorial below can help show you how to completely close an app though.

Apps - Close in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/48647-metro-apps-keep-running-background-after-closing.html
Relevancy 55.04%

this morning when i turned my computer on, (vista) i got to my desktop and my anti virus popped up saying i have a virus. i think it was a vundo, or sumthing like that...my anti-virus instantly removed it...or so it said....now my windows explorer and icons are gone, cept my sidebar...i went into task manager and attempted to manually load explorer again...closed instantly....i tried add remove programs it closed instantly. the only thing that seems to work is my anti virus....but it wont tell me anything.. /sigh....oh and btw it does the same thing in safe mode, and i've tried all avalable options on startup

A:explorer closing/unable to open apps

does anyone has solution to this problem bexos the same situation brought me here. i can't do anything through my regular user as it keep displaying Windows Explorer has stopped working & nothing can be done, no application load, nothing.
I login through another user on the same Notebook, IE works fine, I uninstalled the last application before the incidence but no luck after login to the problematic environment.
Your urgent help will be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/explorer-closing-unable-to-open-apps-275907.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I often switch back and forth between desktop and metro apps - for example, looking something up on Chrome in desktop mode while messaging someone on my skype metro app. After around 45 seconds in desktop mode, the metro app is closed when I return! This is very frustrating as you can probably guess. Anyone encountered this problem before? How did you solve it?
Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/30329-metro-apps-closing-when-desktop-mode.html
Relevancy 55.04%

So I just upgraded to windows 10 today, and I was exploring around discovering new things in Windows 10. But a few minutes later when I decided to open the calculator It closes instantly, Even the windows store I was searching for a fix, none of it worked. So please can anyone help me?

A:[Need Help Fix] Metro Apps Keeps Closing Everytime I launch it

If you have only just upgraded there may be several updates for the metro apps still happening in the background. I would wait a while, try a restart and see if the problem still exists.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/52450-need-help-fix-metro-apps-keeps-closing-everytime-i-launch.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I'm new here so if my question has been asked and/or answered I apologize.Since yesterday's 8.1 update 1 apps will no longer close on my non touch laptop by dragging them to the bottom of the screen and flipping them.I have noticed that when I go to the top of the screen to grab my cursor no longer becomes a hand but I can still drag the app to the bottom to flip it but then in immediately goes back to full screen and continues to run.Has this method of closing apps been removed for non touch devices in yesterday's update?

A:Problem with closing apps since update 1 yesterday

The drag and flip still works for me. The hand is gone so I just drag the title bar down.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/44170-problem-closing-apps-since-update-1-yesterday.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I open up my Live tiles screen on my 2nd monitor. When I open an app, say facebook. All is fine. When I drag from top of screen to bottom with my mouse to close the app, it goes to desktop. Is there a way for me to go back to the Live tiles screen?

Also, is it possible to have the live tiles screen visible all times on my 2nd monitor. I use Stardocks Start8 BTW if that helps

A:Closing Metro Apps takes me to desktop

Hello gizbug,

If you are using Windows 8.1 now, then:

You could uncheck the When I sign in or close apps on a screen, go to the desktop instead of Start box from step 4 in OPTION TWO of the tutorial below to go to your Start screen.
Desktop or Start - When Sign in or Close apps in Windows 8
You could open the Start screen from the taskbar on your 2nd monitor to have it show until you either open the desktop there or drag and drop a desktop window there.

Hope this helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/33615-closing-metro-apps-takes-me-desktop.html
Relevancy 55.04%

It happens when i close them which is weird my first hunch is that since i recently upgraded my comp a new hdd and new ram maybe its the cause but maybe its not anyway heres the dm log

btw the first 2nd bsod was the moment when i closed csgo then the 3rd which happened yesterday happened when i was shutting down my pc then chrome exited then bsod

edit: Got another bsod when i launched dota 2

Edit2: managed to install sp 1 now

Relevancy 54.61%

Security Shootout Top Antivirus Apps Put to the Test Quote Once upon a time the typical Apps Security Antivirus Shootout:10 to the Put Top Test computer virus was annoying and even a little destructive but nowhere near as dangerous as what computer users face today The stakes are much higher now and if you re not careful or haven t taken the proper precautions you Security Shootout:10 Top Antivirus Apps Put to the Test re a sitting duck for hackers to steal your identity and sell your private information to the highest underground bidder Imagine waking up to find your bank account drained or your credit destroyed And lest you think we re exaggerating consider that most U S military personnel aren t even allowed to tote USB thumb drives and other removable storage devices anymore because of the potential harm of a virus outbreak The solution to all this is to not be caught with your virtual pants around your ankles and lucky for us antivirus vendors have stepped up their game with increasingly robust all-in-one security suites In fact unlike other technology categories the field of AV continues to expand rather than Security Shootout:10 Top Antivirus Apps Put to the Test consolidate with an overwhelming number of apps promising protection and unique features That s where we come in To help you sift through the cruft we re going to revisit the latest versions of the antivirus apps that showed the most promise or have been granted a mulligan from last year s roundup January and we ll pit them against five of the most reader-requested antivirus suites we haven t yet reviewed You ll notice we ve narrowed our focus to only two freebie apps this time around Avira last year s champ and Microsoft Security Essentials Redmond s highly anticipated replacement to Windows Live OneCare so if you do decide to shell out for paid software you ll have a wider variety of suites to compare If the app you re interested in isn t included here let us know and be on the lookout for individual reviews in future issues Read more at the source Security Shootout Top Antivirus Apps Put to the Test Maximum PC

A:Security Shootout:10 Top Antivirus Apps Put to the Test

Wow, Avira's certainly got a quick boot time. Too bad it's detection rates aren't so great.
BTW, You can read more tests like this at http://www.av-comparatives.org/

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/78886-security-shootout-10-top-antivirus-apps-put-test.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My 8.1 Update 1 HTPC now sends us to the desktop instead of the Start screen when we close an app. I know of the setting in taskbar properties to always go to the desktop instead of start when an app is closed. This option is unchecked. It looks like any non-touch Update 1 PC just ignores this setting. Anyone else suffering from the same problem? Any thoughts?

A:8.1 Update 1 - Closing Metro Apps Always Sends to Desktop

Crisis averted. You need to go to the taskbar properties and uncheck the box that says "Show Windows Apps on the Taskbar."

Desktop or Start - When Sign in or Close apps in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44202-8-1-update-1-closing-metro-apps-always-sends-desktop.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I can't find a solution to my problem For just one of a good number of examples I have Sonique MP player It starts ok but opening Windows closing extremely slowly and apps then it takes no joke seconds to close after clicking the close button Other apps have similar reactions but at startup time I have run spybot S amp D Registry Mechanic Ad Aware CCleaner ewido Security Suite Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly and a good number of other apps to try to clean up this mess but it still persists Here is my Hijack This log Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software iHateSpam siService exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly iHateSpam siSpamFilterEngine exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox MMDiag exeC PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mim exeC Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD USISrv exeC Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC Play exeC WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mm server exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Engine ymetray exeC Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Filing Cabinets Fcabinet exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFREE EXEC Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXEC PROGRA PANICW POP-UP POPUPS EXEC Program Files Anti-Hijacker AntiHijacker EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC SecS exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software iHateSpam siMailProxyServer exeC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exeC WINDOWS system ZONELABS vsmon exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SSScsiSV exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Hijack This HijackThis exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize rch search htmlO - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO netMonior Class - C -C C- D -BC B- BA E FE - blank file missing O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar toolbar - F- DA- CB-BF C- CAB A - C PROGRA toolbar toolbar dllO - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run Jet Detection quot C Program Files Creative SBLive PROGRAM ADGJDet exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startupO ... Read more

A:Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly

Hi wacky60 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I do not see any signs of problems in the log. It is quite clean. having a program take 5 seconds to shut down is not uncommon. I have many programs which take that long or longer. It just depends on what resources the program has to release and what cleanup it has to do at the time of shutdown.There are a couple of housekeeping items we can fix so let's do that.Start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...rch/search.htmlO2 - BHO: netMonior Class - {85810C93-C14C-11D5-BC4B-0050BA28E4FE} - blank (file missing)O3 - Toolbar: 1toolbar - {2184469F-67DA-49CB-BF3C-9CAB5974A280} - C:\PROGRA~1\1toolbar\1toolbar.dllNow close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.Find the following files/folders and delete them (don't worry if they are already gone):c:\program files\toolbar\ <--folderOk, reboot the machine and you should be good to go.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29177/windows-apps-opening-and-closing-extremely-slowly/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

Running W10. My Y50-70 is so temprmental - especially streaminig sites. Im often rebooting.
Found this error by using Lenovo Solution Centre and wounder if its related.

Any help much appreicated.

regards
Graham 

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-Memory-Quick-random-pattern-test-Failed-WME800800-HL0B5E/td-p/3362726
Relevancy 54.18%

I just got a new Laptop, so I went to check to see if I got everything I ordered. I went into system information and after Processor it
says I have a x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 Genuinintel 798mhz. Thats not what I ordered. But when I go into system properties it says I have a Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.73GHz, which is what I ordered. So which processor do I have.

An explination would be very helpfull Thanks in advance.

A:[resolved] Quick question hopefully quick answer

I am 99% sure you got what you ordered. Go to start, run, and type in 'dxdiag'. It should say on the first page for sure what you have.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/resolved-quick-question-hopefully-quick-answer-62783.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Across my local network, I am still experiencing really slow Win 7 to XP transfer rates ( 1.5MB/sec) as compared to Win 7 to Win7 transfer rates ( up to 60MB/sec) as noted here.

1) What are some good free benchmark apps I can download to test this more thoroughly and hopefully zero in on a solution?

2) What speeds do other users get when transferring files from Win 7 to XP ( either via backup software or via windows explorer)??

A:Benchmarks apps to test slow WIn 7 to Xp transfer rates

Quote: Originally Posted by mediaman09

Across my local network, I am still experiencing really slow Win 7 to XP transfer rates ( 1.5MB/sec) as compared to Win 7 to Win7 transfer rates ( up to 60MB/sec) as noted here.

1) What are some good free benchmark apps I can download to test this more thoroughly and hopefully zero in on a solution?

2) What speeds do other users get when transferring files from Win 7 to XP ( either via backup software or via windows explorer)??

Might be a "homegroup" issue. Homegroup uses IPv6 and some legacy system have connectivity issues. You can test by creating a new network connection using "workgroup"

1-You can use task manager (free and built in)

2-I have gotten as high as 700 Mb (~90MB) under special circumstances using IPV4 and workgroup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/189706-benchmarks-apps-test-slow-win-7-xp-transfer-rates.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Update: SecureAPlus test is below.

Since the "professional" (bought and certainly unbiased, nudge nudge, wink wink) AV testers don't test Comodo or Qihoo at present, I had to.

Link as to not cross-post: http://malwaretips.com/threads/is-it-safe-to-use-360-ts-or-or-other-360s-products.46792/#post-398096

TL;DR: Avast left 29 threats; Comodo, 32; Qihoo, 4

Question: is there a Win10 version of 360 Essentials?

A:Quick File-Detection Test: Qihoo vs Avast vs Comodo

Yes. There is a version for Windoes 10 Technical Preview. Download here : http://free.360totalsecurity.com/totalsecurity/360TS_Setup_For_Win10_TP_6.8.0.6012.exe

https://malwaretips.com/threads/quick-file-detection-test-qihoo-vs-avast-vs-comodo.47091/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, Running W10. My Y50-70 is so temprmental - especially streaminig sites. Im often rebooting.Found this error by using Lenovo Solution Centre and wounder if its related. Any help much appreicated. regardsGraham 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Memor-Quick-random-pattern-test-Failed-WME800800-HL0B5E/td-p/3362726
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey,
Quick question:
Does anyone know if there is a hotkey to close an item on the taskbar?
I know you can open them with Windows key+ 1,2,3,etc

But for example if I am watching a video in firefox (current window) and want to exit my music player(songbird, minimized in the background) So i can hear the video, is there a hotkey where i can simply press some key combination and select its number on the taskbar?

Thanks

A:Hotkey for closing taskbar items?

I may be missing your question entirely, but if you have the program on your taskbar, right click and choose 'close window'.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/48445-hotkey-closing-taskbar-items.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Occassionally the window of an ended process will get stuck on the taskbar. That is, it will appear in the taskbar with the original icon, but no title, and the original process is not running anymore according to the task manager.

They seem to be stuck down there until I log off and on again - which is quite annoying. Anyone know an easier way to get rid of them?

Is this a known bug or could it be caused by some third party software?

A:Windows getting stuck on taskbar after closing

This used to happen a lot with IrfanView 4.22 and 4.23 on older builds - 6801 and 7000 in particular for me. Using 7048 this almost never happens now - I'd chalk it up to Windows 7 being a beta OS and monitor it for now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/5734-windows-getting-stuck-taskbar-after-closing.html
Relevancy 53.32%

This is a company business user s computer so much of the software might be in-house software The anti-virus is provided by Trend Micro Computer is a Dell Latitude D running Windows XP SP Problem Original issue user ... error Internet when closing other and an window Explorer encountered has Solved: apps IE reported was that Microsoft Word locked and froze when opening Microsoft Word was unistalled in preparation for a re-install New Additional Problem s Computer is running very slowly Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps Anytime IE is closed and sometimes when other applications are closed or any part of the computer is browsed to the Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps quot Internet Explorer has an encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot pops up Accessing the data of the error report reveals the ModName hostie dll as the problem I have run both Ad-Aware and Spy-bot HJT log follows Logfile of Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system S EvMon exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent ctalogd exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent ctapsd exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent CtaEoU exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent ctatransapt exe C WINDOWS system bmwebcfg exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files lotus notes ntmulti exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exe C WINDOWS system RegSrvc exe C Program Files Sprint AirCard Sprint PCS Connection Manager SPCSUtilityService exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client OfcPfwSvc exe C WINDOWS TEMP GQ EXE C WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system XConfig exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Common Files ACD Systems EN DevDetect exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility bin OEAddOn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Palm Hotsync exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Documents and Settings rmtgreene Application Data U LaunchPad exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C HJT HiJackThis v exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www salesforce com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpamBlockerUtility fleok D A A C E D AE EA FA EF B B A A - AA A- D - CBE-A - A D D - C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility bin HostIE dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar SpamBlockerUtility - AA A- D - CBE-A - A D D - C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility bin HostIE dll O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices C... Read more

A:Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps

Go to add/remove programs and remove SpamBlockerUtility then restart the machine.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply with a new hijackthis log.

Click Close to exit the program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-explorer-has-encountered-an-error-window-when-closing-ie-and-other-apps.622654/
Relevancy 53.32%

I had reset my mobile lumia 730, then i installed few apps newly. Most of apps working correctly with new features, but some of the apps have closing unexpectedly when i opened. I have surfed, but didn't get any solutions or cautions for that issues. I have enough internal memory in my mobile, i thought there won't be the issue cause. Can anyone help me?

A:Nokia windows lumia 730 mobile, Some apps are closing unexpectedly? what might be the issues there?

Sometimes apps crash.. Just restart your phone it'll work fine.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/407870-nokia-windows-lumia-730-mobile-some-apps-closing-unexpectedly-what-might-issues-there.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I need some assistance I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop that runs Vista Home Edition Whenver I boot up and try to open a program or application it takes a really REALLY long time for it to open For example whenever I try to open Firefox or Internet Explorer or even my control panel the window will open and will be blank Then it will start to load but either take an enormous amount of time or after I've become tired of waiting I'll try to exit and it will say response apps slow EXTREMELY opening/closing times when programs and Not Responding Now eventually this goes away and the window does close but like I said it takes a ton of time trying to open and close these things up If I do wait it out and I do get into my Internet Explorer EXTREMELY slow response times when opening/closing apps and programs or Mozilla any links that I click or addresses that I type it again takes forever I've run a deep system scan with my Anti-Virus software and came up with nothing I did a system restore to a point where the problem was not happening and again nothing Any suggestions

A:EXTREMELY slow response times when opening/closing apps and programs

Originally Posted by seany811

Hello,

I need some assistance. I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop that runs Vista Home Edition. Whenver I boot up and try to open a program or application, it takes a really REALLY long time for it to open. For example, whenever I try to open Firefox or Internet Explorer or even my control panel, the window will open and will be blank. Then it will start to load but either take an enormous amount of time or, after I've become tired of waiting, I'll try to exit and it will say (Not Responding). Now eventually this goes away and the window does close, but like I said, it takes a ton of time trying to open and close these things up. If I do wait it out and I do get into my Internet Explorer or Mozilla, any links that I click or addresses that I type, it again, takes forever.

I've run a deep system scan with my Anti-Virus software and came up with nothing. I did a system restore to a point where the problem was not happening and, again, nothing.

Any suggestions?!

Frag/file errors/disk errors
or insufficient Installed Memory
How To Make Vista more responsive and faster

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/222421-extremely-slow-response-times-when-opening-closing-apps-programs.html
Relevancy 53.32%

HP Pavilion dv6915nr, vista
First noticed this problem when quick luanch icons left tool bar and could not be replaced. And I noticed that windows media player was no longer on the start menu. Called HP tech support got a new quick luanch driver-didnt work. Further searching I found something very strange. I go to C:\users\<userid>\appdata\roaming\microsoft\
and NONE of the quick luanch or Internet explorer folders are there!!!
The only folders left are: credentials, crypto, media player, mmc, office, ois, protect, systemcertificates, and windows.
When I search in the start menu for Internet Explorer the folder comes up but when I right click and explore it says location is unavailable. Same for quick launch folder.
However, I can still launch IE with the shortcut on the desktop. Any ideas???

A:Solved: ALL quick luanch apps gone

Are you running any registry cleaners or very aggressive anti-malware programs?

You might try a system restore point if one goes back far enough to cover the first incidence. Otherwise you may have to create a new user profile and either use that or try to copy over the pertinent (missing) files to the old user and see if that will work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-all-quick-luanch-apps-gone.819672/
Relevancy 53.32%

Is there a way to make pinned apps act as quick launch? This guy has it happening as an accident but the more I think about it....it would be nice to have a check box in the task bar properties to make the pinned apps act as quick launch or normally.

Have you seen this thread? I think it would be nice for MS to think about this.
I know you can create a quick launch but it would be nicer this way.

Windows 7 7068 - Task Bar

A:Could pinned apps act as quick launch

That's not gonna happen, it goes against the whole philopshy of windows 7 of having one spot for all functions of an app/action/etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/6308-could-pinned-apps-act-quick-launch.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I find the only apps installed in C drive can be pinned to quick launch bar. When I try to drop apps installed in D drive on quick launch bar a crossed circle appears indicating not gonna happen.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c416f31-67bb-4d34-8061-4fa1ea2b83a2/pinnings-apps-to-quick-launch-bar?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 53.32%

technology

Windows meets the requirements of C2-level security of the U.S. Department of Defense, it already has all the necessary mechanisms to provide access control. ReHIPS takes advantage of these built-in mechanisms and operates in a restrictive manner (if it is not explicitly allowed, block it). It executes every restricted application in the isolated environment (ReHIPS mode) with its own set of rights. Even if this application is compromised, your operating system stays protected and secure.

ReHIPS ensures system integrity and stability

Unlike some other sandboxes ReHIPS doesn't use kernel-mode hooks, splicing and other unsafe rootkit-techniques. It is based on documented Windows security mechanisms ensuring system stability.Click to expand...

source
changelogs

ReHIPS 1.1.0 released

ReHIPS 1.1.0 Beta was released.
Changelog:
- Architecture was refactored and changed to multithreaded
- Separate desktops support was added to make system more secure
- Many small fixes and improvements
Demo-version restrictions were added:
- Limit for the restricted processes is 10

A:ReHIPS - An HIPS/Sandbox without kernel Hooks - (quick test included)

Umbra, can you provide some more details? Have you tested ReHIPS? Does it works good on x64?
Looks promising and maybe we have already an DefenseWall-like app for x64

https://malwaretips.com/threads/rehips-an-hips-sandbox-without-kernel-hooks-quick-test-included.27453/
Relevancy 53.32%

Failure Id GU3T7K-6P684M-MFGJXG-60TX03Product ID E0K95UA#ABA touchscreen envy had been taking a long time to get to log in screen.  Turned it off and ignored it for a couple of weeks and went to turn on today and would not proceed past hp logo screen to log in.  Ran system quick check and got error code above.   I'm tossing this and not replacing it as it went dead much too quickly and I'm completely disappointed in this ho product.  But can someone tell me if I'll be able to recover data from this laptop or not? I'm afraid not and I've lost lots of pictures and documents.  But if so, what  steps would I need to tackle next to recover data?  Thank you.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Can-data-be-recovered-when-system-quick-test-days-hard-drive/td-p/5637977
Relevancy 53.32%

What should I do when my notebook system quick test says my hard drive SMART check failed?Failure Id: 9LPBSK-7SC875-XD7WLK-608Y03PRODUCT ID: T0X74PA#UUF

Solved!
View Solution.

A:System quick test: hard drive SMART check failed

Replace the hard drive is all you can do. That is a fairly new laptop is it still under warranty?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/System-quick-test-hard-drive-SMART-check-failed/td-p/5728024
Relevancy 53.32%

I have been experiencing a random taskbar freeze for some time now and I desperately need to find a solution This usually occurs immediately following an application window close The taskbar freezes and even though the window is now closed it still appears in the taskbar Start menu and icons within the taskbar are inaccessible though desktop icons are still active and usable Sometimes opening the task manager closing the explorer exe and then running explorer exe helps but not always In all instances if I closing freeze after applications taskbar Random give the system enough time sometimes or minutes the taskbar will un-freeze and everything catches up No error messages no pop-ups I believe this issue has something to do with Service Pack and may be specific to our office environment Random taskbar freeze after closing applications I performed a clean install of WinXP SP on a second office computer no problems Updated to SP no problems Upgraded to SP started having problems but I don't Random taskbar freeze after closing applications know how to fix I'm running the same OS SP combo at home with no issues Only other thought I run an old copy of Photoshop When I run the program it can take - minutes to launch If I disable the network connection LAN the program starts instantaneously Does this help at all DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Donovan at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Windows Live OneCare On-access scanning enabled Updated ADFC -B - A -BE -A D E C FW Windows Live OneCare Firewall enabled A D - E - A E-AE E- C DAAB Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE Random taskbar freeze after closing applications C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live OcHealthMon exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings donovan Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp chapelbythelake org uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO PDF-XChange Viewer IE-Plugin c d eb -bbce- dae-acbb-d a d cb f - c program files tracker software pdf-xchange viewer pdf-viewer PDFXCviewIEPlugin dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File mRun OneCareUI quot c program files microsoft windows onecare live winssnotify exe quot mRun nwiz nwiz exe install mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup StartupFolder c docume donovan startm programs startup taskmg lnk - c windows system taskmgr exe IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin ssv dll IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - c program files windows live writer WriterBrowserExtension dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL DPF DirectAnimation Java Classes - file c windows java classes dajava cab DPF Micros... Read more

A:Random taskbar freeze after closing applications

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.My name is Syler, I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. Whilst I am helping you, I wouldbe grateful if you would note the following: Please do not run other tools or scans unless I ask you to and follow all the steps I give you, in order.
Copy and paste all logs requested in you reply, Do not attach them unless asked too.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask before you proceed with my instructions.
Please continue to work with me, until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
If I do not hear back from you within 5 days of my last post, then this topic will be closed.Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereNote: If you already have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, just update then run it.Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan (the scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient).When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply .Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.NextDownload random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Then please post back here with the following: MBAM log log.txt info.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/240183/random-taskbar-freeze-after-closing-applications/
Relevancy 53.32%

a big frustration I'm having with closing + I on F4 puts do Taskbar how with windows focus Alt -- fix? Win is my inability to close a lot of open windows using a keyboard shortcut In Mac and Ubuntu I can just repeatedly tap Ctrl Q Command Q closing windows with Alt + F4 puts focus on Taskbar -- how do I fix? in Mac to close one window after another quickly eg before shutting down But in Win I'm often presented with the situation where tapping Alt F the first time will close the window but tapping it a second time will prompt to shutdown the system ie after closing the first window the focus went onto the taskbar It prevents me from being able to repeatedly tap Alt F to close multiple windows Instead i have to stop and put focus back onto one of the remaining windows i still want to close before being able to use Alt F again -- a major PITA Any way to fix this to get focus to land on the next open window and NOT the taskbar after closing a window with Alt F

A:closing windows with Alt + F4 puts focus on Taskbar -- how do I fix?

This happens because other windows are minimized.
At the same time there is no combination to unminimize all. There is Shift+Win+M, but that is only undo for Win+M (which is minimize all).

As a solution You can use Alt+Tab to switch between minimized windows and close each with Alt+F4.
I do not see other natural (without 3rd party) fix here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/163610-closing-windows-alt-f4-puts-focus-taskbar-how-do-i-fix.html
Relevancy 52.03%

This problem occurred since last I bought this laptop. I can't pin apps and I restarted my laptop many times, it didn't work. Can someone help me for pinning apps in any way? Thank you so much.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/63873-i-cant-pin-apps-my-taskbar.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,
I'm running a Dell Inspiron 6400 with Windows XP Home on it.
My problem is as such:
When ever I close an explorer window, the taskbar and desktop icons disappear for a few seconds...Its quite annoying, and it also closes any other Windows I have open.
Programs don't seem to be affected...

Has anyone come across this problem? And are there any solutions?
Much thanks for any help rendered.

A:Taskbar and Desktop Icons Dissapear After Closing Explorer Windows.

*bump*
Can no one help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskbar-and-desktop-icons-dissapear-after-closing-explorer-windows.601650/
Relevancy 51.6%

I Taskbar Quick Launch have XP Version Service Pack I am not a novice and not a pro with regard to computers My problem is that the Quick Launch Taskbar has completely disappeared and I have looked everywhere That pretty much describes the problem I Quick Launch Taskbar have searched the Help and Support I have Quick Launch Taskbar gone into the Add Remove programs then Add Remove Windows Section I have restarted my computer several times When I right click on the Taskbar I have the following Cascade Windows Tile Windows Horizontally Tile Windows Vertically Show the Desktop Task Manager Lock the Taskbar and Properties and have checked and unchecked each item and nothing When I go into Properties what appears is Lock the Taskbar Auto Hide the Taskbar Keep the taskbar on top of other windows Group similar taskbar buttons the Show Quick Launch is shaded and I cannot check it I have also searched on the Microsoft website in Tech Forums for an answer as well as Windows XP and cannot find a topic similar in any way I cannot say how long I have had the problem or if I downloaded a program or installed a hardware because everything else works pretty well and I get so frustrated that I put this problem on a back burner and then try again weeks later to solve this Hope this helps to explain my problem

A:Quick Launch Taskbar

See here: http://www.petermartinconsult.supanet.com/...ws/quicklau.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318909/quick-launch-taskbar/
Relevancy 51.6%

Yeah. He keeps unplugging it... I need both proof and I need to know when he does it so I can unplug HIM. So.. yeah. can anyone help me find a program that would either log the balloons in the taskbar, of just the internet bubble things, showing when it's been unplugged and such? Thanks!

A:Quick, I Need Something To Log The Balloons In My Taskbar!

I'm no genius, but if the computer is on I believe there is a way to check duration of which the machine has been on. Also, for connection to the internet, You can check duration of that as well... I dunno, maybe install surveillance camera's?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/94832/quick-i-need-something-to-log-the-balloons-in-my-taskbar/
Relevancy 51.6%

In Vista I was able to put Folders into the Quick Launch bar but with 7 I can only pin the programme icons and not a folder. Is there any mods about that would enable me to pin folders to the Taskbar?

Many thanks

George

A:Quick Launch to Taskbar

Taskbar - Pin or Unpin a Folder

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/79096-quick-launch-taskbar.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All

Whenever I restart the computer or something goes wrong with explorer.exe and it has to close down, the items in QL all revert back to alphabetical order. I have it set up so the ones I use more often, are displayed and the rest are hidden away in the extension. Is there a way I can 'lock' these items in place?

A:Quick Launch in the Taskbar

hello, I had this problem before also, Right click on your taskbar near the quick launch icons and scroll down till you see "lock the taskbar", it worked for me.
also if you have alot of icons in your QL grab the dividing line with your mouse and move it to the right a little and you should be able to see more.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quick-launch-in-the-taskbar.306818/
Relevancy 51.6%

Windows 10 HP laptop, updated to anniversary release last week... Today downloaded Messenger app from Windows store. A fresh download - neither app ever loaded to this machine in past.
Download successful; clicked Launch; see splash screen, then it simply disappears, no error message. Same behavior for the Facebook app downloaded from Store. Task Manager shows they are not running.
Both show up seemingly correctly on the start screen, where again I can select, see launch/splash screen, then they simply disappear.
Have rebooted, no change in behavior.
Any insights on what I can further check, do, describe? Am I correct to expect a fully update W10 machine should be able to run these two apps from the Store?
Thank you.
Kevin

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/439957-w10-facebook-messenger-apps-load-launch-quick-exit.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

got a problem when trying to minimize apps.

Let's say I'm runing notepad++ (or whatever), when I click on the minimize button I'd expect the icon for notepad++ to appear in the taskbar ... it doesn't.

to 'get back' to the app I have to use alt-tab.

anyone know how I can get apps to minimize to the taskbar?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apps-dont-minimize-to-taskbar.945040/
Relevancy 51.6%

With more and more cool apps being developed every month, I find myself installing all sorts of stuff on my computer to try out. Some apps aren't all that useful, are just plain bad, or offer niche functionality, while some...

Read more

A:What apps are pinned to your taskbar?

I utilize docks for most of my important apps. But, I do keep a couple utilities on my taskbar for easy access on my other monitors. Right now, I have GPU-Z, CPU-Z, GPU Temp and Core Temp pinned. Since I'm running Windows 10, I've decided to keep Cortana and Task View pinned as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-apps-are-pinned-to-your-taskbar.218625/
Relevancy 51.6%

Any app that is pinned to the taskbar takes a few seconds (varies from around 2 to 5), before they respond, if I run the same app from a shortcut on the desktop, or the start menu they respond instantly.

Windows file explorer is a good example, run it from the taskbar and it can take up to 10 secs to open, but open it from the start menu or a desktop short cut and it will open instantly.

The only one I've noticed to open instantly from the taskbar is 'Store'.

This is a fresh installation of Win 8.1 with the spring update, plus all other updates, on a SSD. Does this happen with anyone else?

A:Apps slow to run from taskbar, otherwise OK

Found it to be down to setting in 'Ultramon' that I use, disabled smart taskbar and no longer a problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/45114-apps-slow-run-taskbar-otherwise-ok.html
Relevancy 51.6%

chrome is running with a blue line underneath but steam has a yellow line and it's half highlighted yellow but it's not downloading or running anything and it's been like that for the past 10 minutes

so what do the colours mean and why is the steam one like that?

thanks

A:what do the colours mean on taskbar apps

Originally Posted by cxztiel

chrome is running with a blue line underneath but steam has a yellow line and it's half highlighted yellow but it's not downloading or running anything and it's been like that for the past 10 minutes

so what do the colours mean and why is the steam one like that?

thanks

Hi @cxztiel
Welcome to tenforums.com!

My guess is blue is your accent color and the yellow is something loading in Steam and may have gotten hung up. A guess though.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41833-what-do-colours-mean-taskbar-apps.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,
Recently, i have been trying to add new items to the quicklaunch bar but i couldn't because a red block sign would come on front of it.
But i can pin it to Start Menu though.
Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Alex.

A:Taskbar Quick Launch block

Can you post a screen shot?

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/13715-taskbar-quick-launch-block.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I normally use a single-height taskbar. But everytime I add the Quick Launch toolbar to the taskbar, the taskbar doubles in height. I tried grabbing the dividers and sliding them, but they don't move. Any advice? Thanks!

Relevancy 51.17%

I'm running Windows xp (sp1), and a while back I noticed that my taskbar was locked at two spaces high, although I did not have the task bar locked. The only way I was able to overcome this was to uncheck "Show Quick Launch". Any ideas on what I did and how to correct it would be appreciated.

A:Problem with Quick Launch on Taskbar

Right click on the taskbar and verify that the taskbar is unlocked. Then drag the cursor just over the top edge till it changes shape. The click and drag.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-quick-launch-on-taskbar.171325/
Relevancy 51.17%

Today I noticed that there is a small problem in the height of the Win7 taskbar if I select Large icons in the Quick Launch toolbar. (before I always used small icons)

In the Large view the Win7 taskbar doesn't fill the space vertically but is aligned to the top leaving some empty space at the bottom.
Please check the attached screenshots to better understand what I mean.

I know is really a small detail, but maybe someone knows a way around it anyway^^

Thanks!

A:Quick Launch and Windows7 taskbar

i think that may be a problem due to having names show in the icon. is the space still there if you disable names?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/156229-quick-launch-windows7-taskbar.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi to all,
I am having a problem with this doggone windows 8 and I had gone to another help site to fix the problem. I had almost got the problem solved and lo and behold I cant access that site anymore. I will give the name of the site and the message I get if you need it.

I was having a problem with my quick launch on the taskbar like in Vista. I had it fixed except the quick launch is now on the right and I don?t have the little arrows that you use to put stuff on the quick launch. Also I don?t have the desktop icon anymore. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Problem with quick launch on the taskbar

A screenshot would help.

For the Desktop icon right click the Taskbar & click Properties & see the picture:

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/38136-problem-quick-launch-taskbar.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I just recently downloaded a new version of Quick Time. It put Quick Time and Quick Time Player on my task bar. Is it necessary to have it there to watch downloaded video? I know I can remove it by going to startup but would that effect performance? Also when I installed a new cdrw/dvdrom that came with Nero express software, incd was part of the software package. Do Nero and incd work together? Do I need to keep incd in startup in order for Nero to work correctly? Thank you in advance for your help.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,

My friend is coming from XP and has his quick launch toolbar on the top of the desktop and his taskbar on the bottom.

I know there is a hack to (kind of) enable the quick launch menu, but is it possible to get it separate from the taskbar?

He would like to avoid using something like a dock program. See the attached pic for an example.

Thanks,
Brian

A:Is it possible: quick launch on top, taskbar on bottom?

Sorry, I don't think you can do that natively in Win 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/25881-possible-quick-launch-top-taskbar-bottom.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I know it's lame but my first production and upload to you tube

A:my quick video to pin folder to taskbar

very informative, thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/148684-my-quick-video-pin-folder-taskbar.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello - when I try to load the Quick launch tool bar to my taskbar using C:\Users\User name \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer the AppData does not appear - need help to find command. I use Google Chrome, would that change the command ? Thanks for the help.

A:Quick launch toolbar to taskbar.

Hello Henry,

See if the tutorial below may be able to help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386579-quick-launch-toolbar-taskbar.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Quick launch Icons on the taskbar keep disappearing each time I start my PC/OP, and the problem in the option “show quick launch” in the taskbar properties that keeps un-checking it self, in another word the system is not saving the ticked box in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties.

Can you help please.

Talaat

Relevancy 51.17%

What i mean is when i move the mouse cursor over an app window in taskbar if it's a game in the passed i saw the game running/playing in the small window of the app or if it's a program. Now i need to click on it and enter to it to see what is going on with it.

Now the problem is only with battlefield bad company 2 when the game is running in the background instead clicking on it's icon to enter it and see what is going i want that when i move the mouse cursor over it it should show me in the small window the game. But instead i see only white small window.

A:Why apps in taskbar not showing preview ?

Hello @Chocolade, open control panel go to system, then advanced system settings. Click on the settings tab under performance, and make sure animations in the taskbar is checked.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/43482-why-apps-taskbar-not-showing-preview.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am rnning music and the app first appears when I play a file but does not appear in the task. Here is a screenshot.

In order to get to the app, I have to do the thing where you bring your finger in from the left and it opens the most recent program, then I have to minimize it, then I have to click on the desktop icon to get back to the desktop, and then it appears.

Why doesn't it appear when I open it?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71763-open-apps-not-appearing-taskbar.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a SAN administration tool I use that launches a Java app. The desktop shortcut that runs it looks like this:

C:\Windows\System32\javaws.exe "C:\Users\gm.KTC\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\14\391de28e-4bf1d62f"

When I pin this shortcut to the taskbar and launch it, I get a second instance of the icon in the taskbar (shown as running), and the pinned icon never changes to a "running" icon. If I launch another instance of the app (Shift-Click the non-running pinned icon) it will pair up both running instances and show me both when I hover over the running icon, so that part works, but it appears that the mechanism that links a running app to the taskbar gets confused by the shortcut.

Bug, feature, something worth reporting?

Geoff

A:Java apps confusing taskbar

I want to bump this...

I'm running multiple java applications - each is grouping itself properly - except not under the pinned icon, but under a new one. This is very annoying!

Where could one post a bug report?!

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/3404-java-apps-confusing-taskbar.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi. I have a brand new Hp Pavilion and while in the process of customizing my desktop and taskbar I found that i am unable to pin anything from the desktop or shortcuts I created (such as Microsoft Word, or the snipping tool) to the taskbar. I have tried all three methods to try and pin.
The only items pinned are the ones already there from the first boot.

I was hoping someone out there as some insight to this.

A huge 'Thank You" in advance.

A:Cannot pin shortcuts or apps to taskbar-Windows 8.1

Hello Marc, and welcome to Eight Forums.

I have a couple of questions.

Do the shortcuts still work?

Do you have the "Pin to Taskbar" item in the context menu of these shortcuts of application files?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/42408-cannot-pin-shortcuts-apps-taskbar-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

As you can see when I click on the apps on my task bar they appear grey and the unpin button and close button are massive and in the wrong place I did a clean install of 8.1 last night/this morning but this happened and I don't really want to have to do another factory reset.

A:Right click on apps on taskbar. Broken?

Someone posted a solution in my thread.
Taskbar jump list has distorted icons and placing

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69480-right-click-apps-taskbar-broken.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Is there a awy to make it so Windows 8.1 does not show any of the Modern Apps in the taskbar?

For instance, I like to keep NotePad8, Weather and some others running, but I don't want them taking up Taskbar realestate since (as far as I'm aware at least), those Modern apps will remain open until I close them for good by moving to the upper left part of the screen.

So, if anyone knows of any methods I could try to do this, I would be all ears! I suspect there's probably something I could do in the registry, and if there is, maybe someone could attach a .reg file for me.

I'm also attaching a screencap of what I'm talking about.

Thanks a lot, everyone!

A:Is there a way to not show Modern Apps in the Taskbar?

This might be what you want---

Right click Taskbar & click Properties---

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/49101-there-way-not-show-modern-apps-taskbar.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there, i have a problem after one of windows Update processes, i'm on Win7 Beta 7000 and all my default pinned apps buttons are gone, and "pinned app" feature is working strange.

A list of all the little strange problems happening:
-all buttons lost their extra features (recent doc, play/pause buttons for wmp, explorer particular list)
-a blank pinned app button that doesn't want to erase
-if i pin windows media player, when i open it another icon appears

Any idea?

Thanks!

A:Restore Pinned apps in taskbar

Hello iomicifikko, welcome to Se7en Forums!

Start by having a look at the tutorial, at the link below.

Start Menu - Reset Pin To Area

Keep us informed!

Later Ted

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/1788-restore-pinned-apps-taskbar.html
Relevancy 51.17%

So when I unpin a program from taskbar, for example chrome, windows wont let me to right click on the app in order to repin it. is there anyway to fix this?

A:Cant pin back the unpin apps to taskbar

Hello Mayheamk,

What do you see instead?

Taskbar - Pin or Unpin Apps in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/48759-cant-pin-back-unpin-apps-taskbar.html
Relevancy 51.17%

This is Windows 7.  I have it set to never combine the icons in the taskbar, however, it still combines the like applications.  So all the Excel Windows will be grouped together and all the IE Windows will be grouped together.  I want to
move around the Excel windows and not have them group on the taskbar.  How can I do that?

A:How to ungroup similar apps in the taskbar?

Please see this thread

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/d99ae342-2b2e-4498-9531-629450f2741b/action?threadDisplayName=ungroup-similar-program-tabs-in-task-bar

You will need a third party tool such as

http://rammichael.com/7-taskbar-tweaker

to ungroup items on the taskbar.

If using 7 Taskbar Tweaker, choose the option "Don't group" as shown below. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0113bfa7-13fd-4779-bf79-5e2f8c47d674/how-to-ungroup-similar-apps-in-the-taskbar?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 51.17%

Not sure what I've done/allowed but all of a sudden I can't get my open applications to register as radio buttons on the taskbar. They are gone. Just happened and I can't think of a program I have added.

Toshiba portege with MS XP Tablet edition, IE 6.0 with sp2.

Any help would be appreciated.

obgyn59

A:Open Apps missing from Taskbar

Go to Taskbar Repair Tool and download Minimized Programs Missing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-apps-missing-from-taskbar.442515/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey,

For some reason, I can't get any of the Office 2010 programs to pin to the taskbar on Windows 7 Home Premium. When the program is running, the jumplist has no button to pin the program. If I go into the Start Menu and hit Pin to Taskbar from there, it gives me a working shortcut on the taskbar, but the program creates a new taskbar button when it launches, completely ignoring the one that's already there.

Even stranger, I don't have this problem on my other computer running Win 7 Pro.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

A:Can't pin Office 2010 apps to taskbar?

Have you tried rt.click on the .exe for each program and pin, or drag and drop the exe onto the taskbar. See if that works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/45700-cant-pin-office-2010-apps-taskbar.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Computer woken up from sleep, go to task bar to open an app, get flashes of app when selecting app's icon on taskbar, but app doesn't open. However, some apps open and some apps don't. Those that do open, when left clicked on for a menu item, the app closes. Although an app opens it is not functional. The only way to restore normalcy is to hard close the computer and reboot, then everything is OK.

A:Taskbar apps flash but don't open?

Did you ever get a response from the FF support forum?

Taskbar icons "flash," but don't open, among other things going wrong

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/271115-taskbar-apps-flash-but-dont-open.html
Relevancy 51.17%

OK, here goes my first post.
I just restored a HP dv5 laptop to factory original. In setting it up the way I want, I noticed that Windows Media Player was pinned to the task bar. I unpinned it but it returns when the computer is restarted.
I looked in the start folder, found it empty. Checked the Run & Run Once sections of the registry and found nothing related to the media player. I am at the limit of my ability at this point. So I ask my question finally.
How do I prevent Windows Media Player from being repeatedly pinned to the task Bar?

A:Pin/unpin apps to taskbar problem in Win 7/64 Pro

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
I know Factory restore sounds like a great thing to do but it's not all that hot as you would expect because of all of the now expired trial software commonly know as junkware,
if you truly want a Fresh start see these for the best chance at a great re-install of windows 7,
This is most likely your best bet because computer manufactures stopped a long time ago from shipping reinstall disks with computers,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/219487-clean-reinstall-factory-oem-windows-7-a.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316877-pin-unpin-apps-taskbar-problem-win-7-64-pro.html
Relevancy 50.74%

hi
this is my Desktop at the moment and I have optimized Quick Launch on the task bar as I like

How can I backup my Quick launch Task bar? If I format my Win 8 and reinstall Win 8 I want back my Quick launch.

another Problem, is there a way to set Live Mail into the tray?

A:How to save Taskbar Quick Launch changes in Windows 8 ?

Hello Karadeniz, and welcome to Eight Forums.

All shortcuts in Quick Launch are saved in the hidden folder path below. You could just back up the contents of this folder, then copy them back into this same folder below to restore them.

Quick Launch - Add to Taskbar in Windows 8

C:\Users\(user-name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
In addition, if you like, you might look at this tutorial below to make it easy to add items into Quick Launch.

Quick Launch - Add to "Send to" Context Menu in Windows 8
If you would like to back up your pinned programs on the taskbar, then see this below.

Taskbar Pinned Apps - Back Up and Restore in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/11821-how-save-taskbar-quick-launch-changes-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Have XP/Home: How do I get things added to the taskbar and to the Quick Launch areas? Would like to have the MS Works Calendar to show what I have scheduled for that day when the desktop opens, but seem to be brain dead as to how I accomplish this task, along with adding anything to startup...just a blank! Can anybody refresh my memory? Thanx!

parrotplay

A:Help with adding quick launch and taskbar items

Right click on All Programs and select explore. Expand “Programs” and drag or paste a shortcut for the program you want to run at startup into the “Startup” folder.

You can just drag icons from your desktop to the quick launch.

To add stuff to the system tray (which is what I think you want to do) you can get one of dozens of freeware tray managers. This one looks like it will do what you want: http://www.gregorybraun.com/TrayTool.html If you don’t like that have a look through this list: http://www.nonags.com/nonags/launch32.html

You might have a look at RunIt. You just right click on the top of the screen and a menu drops down. You can put anything you want in the menu. It is a lot easier than looking through all of the icons in the tray: http://www.webattack.com/get/runit.shtml

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-adding-quick-launch-and-taskbar-items.158759/
Relevancy 50.74%

I already know how to add the quick launch bar to the taskbar.
(new toolbar, "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch")

But. . . What I want to know is,
Whether there any way to add it to list of toolbars in the taskbar context menu like the address, links, and desktop toolbars?
(So that it will stay in the list of toolbars even when it's turned off, like how it was in Windows XP.)
And can I set this as default for all users?

A:Add Quick Launch Bar to Taskbar Context Menu

Welcome to the Seven Forums

See if this tutorial will help Quick Launch - Enable or Disable

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/279223-add-quick-launch-bar-taskbar-context-menu.html
Relevancy 50.74%

i have a problem with my taskbar and quick launch icons in that when i open ie and then try to use my quick and problems with icons launch taskbar quick launch icons the various buttons for these items do not work Also if i minimise ie then when i click on the task bar to open it it doesnt work Also i have problems with taskbar and quick launch icons found that items on the start menu dont respond when ie page is open here is my log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon problems with taskbar and quick launch icons exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Kontiki KService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Sony Ericsson PC Suite SupServ exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I F EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Kontiki KHost exe C Program Files TomTom HOME HOMERunner exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Sony Ericsson PC Companion PCCompanion exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO IDM Helper - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dll O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO WinAVI FLVSense - E DF A -B - F F- E C-CBE ADEF B - no file O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus Photo R Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I F EXE P quot EPSON Stylus Photo R Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus Photo R quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exe nogui O - HKLM Run COM... Read more

Relevancy 50.74%

Somehow taskbar launch sorted Quick disabled and my quick launch taskbar got disabled I right-clicked on the Taskbar selected Toolbars and rechecked Quick Launch It came back but all of the icons were sorted alphabetically I had them arranged in groups for easier access Is there any way to restore it the way it was I have Carbonite doing continuous backups but I think it's mainly data files I don't think it backs up system files I also have the Carbonite Mirror Image Quick launch taskbar disabled and sorted backup on a USB drive so I should have a complete system backup with checkpoints every few days going back for over a year I've never restored anything from that backup so I don't know if there's a way to get a single file and even if there is which file I would need to get I'd appreciate any help If not no biggie I'll just manually rearrange them But then I'd like to know where the settings are stored so I can make a backup in case this happens again Thanks Now I'll try to describe the unusual events just before this happened Maybe someone can tell me why it happened I came back to the computer after being away for an hour or two On the screen there was a message from the Windows Update facility telling me Quick launch taskbar disabled and sorted that updates had been applied and my machine would be restarted in minutes It had a countdown timer going This was an unusual message because I have the Windows Automatic Updates set to the second option Download updates but let me choose when to install I ve never gotten Quick launch taskbar disabled and sorted this message before I always get a little Taskbar pop-up telling that there are updates ready to install I check the settings and somehow it had gotten changed to the first option Automatic I changed it back to the second option I clicked on the Restart Later button Of course that only made the annoying message go away for a few minutes So I closed what I was working on and rebooted the machine When it came back up I got a pop-up from the Taskbar telling me that updates were available for download As an aside it never seems to download them until I say to but whatever I thought this was odd since it just told me that updates had been applied I clicked on the update icon and got a dialog telling me that there were updates to apply Anyway I clicked on the button to install them While that was running I got a message from Malware Bytes It said it was unable to perform a rootkit scan and it was probably because of root record activity I figured that was the update The updates took about minutes and then I rebooted the machine When it came back up the quick launch toolbar was gone Any clues

A:Quick launch taskbar disabled and sorted

Try using this http://windowsxp.mvps.org/tweakui.htm and see if you can use the additional settings provided on the taskbar features when you decided to manually rearrange them. You can also create a system restore point to gain access to a date when everythingwas working fine as a safety precaution.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553292/quick-launch-taskbar-disabled-and-sorted/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,
In Windows XP you can add a toolbar on taskbar with Printers Folder from Control Panel. Is there a way to add Printers folder in taskbar for quick access? I need quick access for printers to modify the default printer often.

A:How do I add Printers in taskbar toolbar for quick acces

Quote: Originally Posted by xuletzu

Hello,
In Windows XP you can add a toolbar on taskbar with Printers Folder from Control Panel. Is there a way to add Printers folder in taskbar for quick access? I need quick access for printers to modify the default printer often.

Hi. Maybe like this. Read this Tutorial.

Devices and Printers Shortcut - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/370974-how-do-i-add-printers-taskbar-toolbar-quick-acces.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I tried this tutorial, but it does not work ...

I didn't try Method 3 , but just because that's not how it is supposed to look.

Any other way to add quick launch to windows taskbar?

thanks in advance.

A:Add Quick Launch to Taskbar - Build 7000

Have you tried method one or two? You can drag and drop things to the taskbar pinning them there as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/1716-add-quick-launch-taskbar-build-7000-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey everybody i hope you guys will help me solving this annoying issue when i hover the mouse over the taskbar icons the preview of an open file pops preview vanish too pop-up taskbar and description quick up but only a fraction of a second normally the preview used to stay open as long as i point the cursor on it as the preview vanishes immediately i cannot switch between open files anymore by using this taskbar preview feature i recognized two more things that maybe belong taskbar preview and pop-up description vanish too quick to together with my dexcribed problem the pop-up description of a file vanishes also too quickly taskbar preview and pop-up description vanish too quick with pop-up description i mean that tiny box that shows up when i hover the mouse over it and contains the name or some information of the file it vanishes also way too quickely than it did normally the other thing is when i open e g firefox it is always in the background despite it is the activated application with background i mean that i must always click into the window before i can type something in my google start page some days ago when i opened firefox i could always start typing immediately without quot activating quot the window and the funny thing is when click on taskbar and hover over the icons the preview function works perfectly normal all these things used to work properly some days ago but i needed to format c and reinstall win now the preview feature isn't working properly anymore which is really strange i already looked for some online help but i could only find hints concerning how to enable or disable the previews or how to change mouse hover time before a pop-up displays the solutions were always just simple clicks within the control panel or a change in the registry maybe this issue is to solve as easy as these ones Thanks a lot oli

A:taskbar preview and pop-up description vanish too quick

Mouse Hover Time - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/47503-taskbar-preview-pop-up-description-vanish-too-quick.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I keep 'losing' my quick-launch icons on the left-hand side of the task-bar. The icons first become inoperative, and shortly afterwards vanish altogether. Hovering the mouse pointer over the quick-launch corner does briefly produce the outline of buttons, and the "tip box", but nothing further. They do return if I re-boot, but are soon gone again. If I right-click-Open Folder, Win explorer opens the folder containing the links, and clicking on those links does work. Any ideas folks?

This problem has been present since MS pushed WinXP Pro SP3.

Lynn Z

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quick-launch-taskbar-buttons-inoperative.758183/
Relevancy 50.74%

My Vista taskbar icons are set to large and the taskbar is not locked - no problems ever. However, I have just installed the latest Adobe Reader update (9.1.3) and several of the taskbar quick launch 'buttons' show and work but the icons themselves do not show - ie the icons are blank. I have tried re-installing the shortcuts, also changing the icons to small but that makes no difference. Not sure where to go from here? Also carried out a full virus scan but nothing found.

A:Quick Launch Taskbar Icons Problem

Hello Longbelly,

You might see if rebuilding the icon index may help. If not, then you might see if changing the icons for the shortcuts to themselves (default ones) a few times can restore them.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/244482-quick-launch-taskbar-icons-problem.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an XP style Quick Launch bar on my taskbar.* Every once in awhile, such as this morning, it disappears on startup and Sys Restore doesn't bring it back. It's located via %appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer and there's already a Quick Launch folder. Short of recreating it, is there a quick way to bring the whole thing back in one piece? Thanks,

*Bring back Windows XP Quick Launch in Windows 7Being PC | Being PC

Update: Strange. I created a new Quick Launch toolbar, got rid of show text and show title, and all the links were there to be dragged to the left, only in alphabetical order, per the folder list. So problem solved, something learned. Though not sure why it disappears every so often.

A:XP style Quick Launch bar disappeared from my taskbar

Hello highstream,

If it happens again, then see if this may help.

Quick Launch - Add to Taskbar in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/36770-xp-style-quick-launch-bar-disappeared-my-taskbar.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Text is appearing next to the icon of programs that are running. How do I remove the text?

A:Taskbar text ( Quick Launch) area

Right click on the taskbar and click properties. Make sure that where it says taskbar buttons 'always combine, hide labels' is choosen from the dropdown menu. Maybe that'll help

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/139303-taskbar-text-quick-launch-area.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Let's start a list! Only non-Microsoft apps...
foobar2000 (with plug-in)
Mozilla Firefox (with extra program)
Power Archiver (native)

A:Apps with extend taskbar/jumplist support

Quote: Originally Posted by garbanzo

Let's start a list! Only non-Microsoft apps...
foobar2000 (with plug-in)
Mozilla Firefox (with extra program)

Power archiver (built in and its also got the ribbon interface)

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/10705-apps-extend-taskbar-jumplist-support.html