Windows Support Forum

Three event errors on bootup: Event ID 7006, 7000 and 7009

Q: Three event errors on bootup: Event ID 7006, 7000 and 7009

Out of the blue I get 3 event errors when I boot up my Home Premium 64 bit. First time in two years.

Event ID 7006:
The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for FailureActions with the following error:
Access is denied.

I don't have AVG. I have Agnitum Firewall, Panda Antivirus (Free).

Event ID 7009:

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the IPsec Policy Agent service to connect.

Event ID 7000:

The IPsec Policy Agent service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

When I checked the windows services table, I noticed that IPsec has in fact been started but probably not in a timely fashion. How do I get rid of these 3 annoying errors although I don't notice any performance problems in my laptop?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Three event errors on bootup: Event ID 7006, 7000 and 7009

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Three event errors on bootup: Event ID 7006, 7000 and 7009

Hi Atom.

"Event ID 7006:
The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for FailureActions with the following error:
Access is denied."

These events are normal because of Panda Cloud Antivirus' self-protection feature.

"Event ID 7009:

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the IPsec Policy Agent service to connect."

Follow the instructions from here:

Event ID 7009 — Basic Service Operations

You can put new value as 60000 instead of 30000.

The Event ID 7000 should disappear when you boot your laptop next time.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/358827-three-event-errors-bootup-event-id-7006-7000-7009-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

In a strange turn of events, Nvidia elected to use Epic Games' media event (instead of its own last night) at the Game Developers Conference to reveal its newest flagship graphics card, the Titan X.

Read more

A:Nvidia crashes Epic Games' media event, announces Titan X graphics card

Soo... What are the chances of a 6GB "980Ti" variant? A bit like the 780Ti was to the Titan Black?
Because it would be better for games and a hell of a lot cheaper

If the rumor mill is to be believed, the price is going to be $1,349, Most people who buy this for gaming will have no use of the double precision floating point prowess of the card, and the few that would probably should have spent a couple hundred extra bucks to get a proper Quadro!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-crashes-epic-games-media-event-announces-titan-x-graphics-card.209423/
Relevancy 22.36%

Alright here we go it s my first time here I don t got any help searching so gonna ask here The first problem is that my notebook has recently a Bad Image error when I try to install programs like if I download in baixaki Advanced SystemCare he tells me that got a bad image Also I can t install so much things and the cleaners anti-virus thanks to that some programs as Fire Fox too here let me show you It doesn t Constantly errors and Bad blue Image screens change the error I think with others it always say this jscript dll and yeah I will not make another thread so I think I am able to show all the problems here I didn Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens t read rules Second one much KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR blue screen but not frequently sometimes he freezes and does that It already maked it constantly when it was starting and I fixed it I think I think those problems are related to my HD or motherboard isn t it Third one everytime I open chrome he say that he isn t my principal browser and when I click to make it he doesn t do Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens Also his image is bugged P S I don t remember when exactly this error of Bad Image started I was in the past without it and it suddently appeared I know that can appear by I installing something I was downloading so much in the forums GTA SA Mods P S I play so much games on that frequently War Dota Tibia GTA and others RPG but now only War Dota So waiting if you can help me nbsp

A:Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens

Sorry I forgot, the KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR was already constantly appearing when I start windows. Not expecified that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constantly-bad-image-errors-and-blue-screens.204513/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi mouse and responding after Keyboard not bootup Its been a while since I last posted here boy has this site changed I generally know how to fix my pc problems when they arise and if I dont google has been my friend but I have ran into something that has me banging my head on the desk My pc that I built just over a year ago or so has been running smoothly until today I woke up from a nap and booted up my pc and neither my mouse or my keyboard would respond My microphone is also plugged in via USB the light on that is on as with my caps lock key on my keyboard but my mouse light will not turn on after I tried unplugging and replugging it Please note Keyboard and mouse not responding after bootup I am unable to enter bios since I cannot get my keyboard working I also am not able to run in safe mode because that also requires keystrokes Keyboard and mouse are in good working order as I am using them now on my Keyboard and mouse not responding after bootup secondary PC one that got replaced to type out this thread I took these steps unplugging the USB connections and re-plugging them back in - no results - restarted pc - no results unplugging the USB connections and re-plugging them back in in different locations - no results Keyboard and mouse not responding after bootup - restarted pc - no results unplugging USB mouse and used the USB to PS adapter to plug it back in via PS - no results - restarted pc - no results So now that I am unable to get into bios or safe mode what are my options I was thinking of just trying to re-install windows but only as a last resort Thanks in advance I dont think my current system specs are needed to help fix this issue but I will include them just in case to save you guys time Processor Intel core i Motherboard ASRock Extreme X Cooling NZXT Kraken X Memory Geil Enhance Corsa DDR GB Video Card s EVGA SuperClocked GTX Titan Hard Disk s OCZ Vertex GB SSD Toshiba TB HDD Optical Drive ASUS External BR Burner Power Supply CoolerMaster Silent Pro Hybrid w Software Win Keyboard CoolerMaster Storm Mechanical Mouse ROCCAT Kone Pure nbsp

A:Keyboard and mouse not responding after bootup

Nvm for now, it seems to be working now, but not with my mechanical keyboard, I reverted back to an older usb 2.0 keyboard and now it and my mouse both work fine.

though, my mechanical keyboard does work fine on my old pc.

so still a lil confused on that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-and-mouse-not-responding-after-bootup.201260/
Relevancy 23.22%

New laptop Whenever I try to map network a windows drive in my laptop to windows laptop I get the following error that the spelling may not be correct but this is not true Can t find quot computer c quot May be spelling I have checked Win 8.1 Win between and 7 Networking errors the spelling finding no problems and I have opened all Networking errors between Win 8.1 and Win 7 folders for sharing and security is set the same way reading and writing as Networking errors between Win 8.1 and Win 7 when I network windows drives to other windows drives I always use the correct password if requested I have no problem between win drives What am I missing I don t have the same problem going from to windows Under homegroup files seem to be recognized For many years including XP days Networking errors between Win 8.1 and Win 7 I have been coping and transferring files and folders from one computer disk on computer X to another disk on a different computer called computer Y I could copy in both directions but I had to set up each drive separately I used map network drive icon Map as drive quot found when I opened Computer icon After setting in property the sharing and security settings a certain way I could copy back and forth Each computer was given a name such as C- C and Computer All I am saying is that in one direction of copying I can copy but in the other direction I get a possible spelling error Of course there is no spelling error I know that Windows is somewhat different from Windows Both use a name found under User folder and both use a password The computer name is most obvious and is different from the name found under User folder So what seems to be the problem Should be simple enough Jim nbsp

A:Networking errors between Win 8.1 and Win 7

You need ports 137-139 opened on both systems for names to resolve.

Get the IP address of both systems and then access using the IP of the target. If that works, it is a name resolution issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-errors-between-win-8-1-and-win-7.200820/
Relevancy 52.03%

How serious is this? I'm running on a Dell laptop with a Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller.

It is saying that I should back up all of my important files because of possible hard drive failure.

PLEASE HELP? I don't know how to fix this because I don't know what it means.

A:Hard drive is reporting a Smart Event error message

It telling you your hard drive is on its way out. You can try running a check disk and see if that helps. But to be on the safe side you should back up your personal files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-is-reporting-a-smart-event-error-message.199432/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello for some time now been a few months now didn t really notice it at first I ve been experiencing weird horizontal artifacts in video playback They are computer-based as I can show you by pasting a screenshot They move and jitter during playback I also notice these artifacts even as I type to you with and Video HD errors 6800 artifacts Radeon now whenever I type I see the artifacts blinking on and off and they might stay on off I tried updating all my codecs and my GFX driver but that caused more problems as now a game I tried to play Orcs must Die had a weird horizontal crossbar going up the menu screen and other such weird behaviour This was not present in my former drivers so now I m thinking of a rollback or alternative drivers Omega Might be something to do with my ancient overheated and now dusty with age CPU that s probably suffered from overclocking over the years E but it also might be my relatively old GPU However I didn t have these problems during the first half of last year that much I know I m running Win bit with gb of ram Any advice beyond finally going ahead and changing the MB CPU and VGA Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-artifacts-and-errors-with-radeon-hd-6800.199030/
Relevancy 22.36%

I was pre-testing a card that I got from china to see if it was what I ordered before trying to sell the rest of the cards on ebay the card said it was gigs Fat when I looked at it on my windows PC Next I put a song on it and it seemed to be working ok and then I tried for format the card While it sd fixing about 3 micro errors. cards questions was Formating it went to Default exFAT gigs but I knew my MP player will not be able to handle exFAT so I tried to use a tool to change its format back to Fat After clicking format I saw that it was taking a vary long time to format but then I saw I did not check quick format so I hit stop and nothing happened so I hit X on the tool and still nothing happened so I clicked ctrl-alt-exit and made it stop that way but after that it then said the card needs to be formated so I tried to format it back to Default exFAT but befor clicking format it now only says it will format to gigs and not gigs o O so I was thinking maybe that is just a error and will be fixed after clicking format 3 questions about fixing micro sd cards errors. so I clcik format and it gives me a error it says Windows was unable 3 questions about fixing micro sd cards errors. to complete the format so how do I get it to format back to gigs and back to Fat --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- And here is my nd question a month ago I sold a guy of my cards on ebay now he is saying this Dear Piratekitty When I installed the card in my Clip it gaves errors when trying to copy music to it and when I tested it with H test I formatted the card as FAT and now it shows as MB capacity I ve tried reformatting it several times with the same results with Windows and SDFormatter I tried it in a Cowon J with the same results Please tell me how to access the full GB on this card or replace this card with a real GB card that works Regards ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- rd question is is subject all my falt before selling the items I put quot how to Instructions in the items I am selling on ebay and my question is what if my how to instructions are making my buyers have have Can you read my instructions and tell me if it is causing errors for my ebay buyers Important Notice Please Read By default the cards format is exFAT amp not all items can read exFAT format If your item can not read exFAT format you will get a error but you can fix this by changing the cards format Q What to do if you need to change your cards format First check to see what kind of format your device can read Next google how to change the format of exFAT to the format that your device can handle there are a lot of websites out there with step by step methods After that follow the steps that the website tells you I perfer watching how to videos on youtube And finaly when your done if you still find that your geting a error please let me know amp I will help you ASAP Notes about formating When you want to delete everything I sugest doing so with the file formater the website in step gives you If you dont you will end up changing your fixed format back to the cards Default exFAT I found everything I told you out when my mp player only worked with FAT amp not exFAT So I looked on youtube amp found nbsp

A:3 questions about fixing micro sd cards errors.

the card said it was 64 gigs (Fat32) when I looked at it on my windows 7 PC.

Next I put a song on it and it seemed to be working ok and then I tried for format the card.Click to expand...

Rule number one:- if it isn't broken then don't fix it.

The issue here is windows will not format Fat32 above 32gb, so invoking the formatter when all you needed was to delete the file was a major mistake.

Personally, your online handle Piratekitty and the fact that you are reselling on the net bothers me. I've pointed you in the right direction this time, but will not respond in the future to your postings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-questions-about-fixing-micro-sd-cards-errors.192060/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Dell Studio 1737 Windows Vista Home 64 Service Pack 2. All of my drivers are up to date and I have the most recent BIOS.

I get this error message in my event viewer a couple of time an hour:

Source: ACPI
Event ID: 13

: The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. In some situations, this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly.

Also, when my computer is unplugged from the AC and running on battery power the system lags a lot and after about 15 minutes its turns off without warning.

I feel like this is all connected. Any advice?

Thank you!

A:ACPI error Event ID 13

This could be caused by a failing hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acpi-error-event-id-13.190645/
Relevancy 22.36%

What is the usual diagnosis or outcome when an HP C AIO won HP many not self errors diagnostic; test printing printer t print a correct Self Test Diagnostic from control panel It printed it one won t print another because of multiple errors was missing ALL data from boxes amp sections of pg report - except color print test boxes looked fine Just printed report sections headers amp data boxes Gone through usual printer reset steps power reset HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors clearing hardware error codes via quot secret menu quot then unplugging amp waiting sec That clears or more errors but they re-appear The errors just rotate clear another pops Carriage or paper jam neither true carriage moves easily HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors by hand - isn t quot jammed quot when reports it Hitting OK starts carriage moving again No paper or bits Took lid amp top cover off No paper bits that are visible - front back inside paper tray area w o dismantling entire unit Ink system failure printed perfect text lines amp color boxes on the partial HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors self test after that error appeared amp was cleared - several times Pump Motor Stalled DON T think ink motor is stalled or not working Printed perfect lines headings amp color boxes on the one self test lacking data With top cover off can see all pump gears belt turning normally in warm up Pump sounds normal during printer prep Paper pick up rollers NOT turning - that s true except for ONE self test w o the data They turn easily by hand not dirty - just don t engage Is it just fried With so many errors - most seem false AND unable to print accurate self test diagnostic not sure this is just a quot reset quot issue Had a power outage - but it was on surge protector UPS w voltage control - ALONG w modem router VOIP ATA PC monitor None were damaged Tried plugging printer into wall outlet - no change DC voltage of printer adapter checks OK w meter IS it a POSSIBILITY though AC adapter voltage is OK it s not delivering correct mA Not sure how to check DC mA of AC adapter - any advice there It cost after tax - yrs ago at steep discount Light use If it s toast not sure I d buy an HP not just because of this - more for HP s apparent declining reputation For avg home use - All In One types wondering which brand now has best satisfaction reliability AND least trouble using generic ink Maybe they re all junk now As in now yrs of light use may be avg life DON T want one w colors combined in or cartridges Thanks nbsp

A:HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors

Seems toast to me. You've been pretty thorough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-printer-not-printing-self-test-diagnostic-many-errors.190628/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi Fellows I have TOSHIBA GB HDD I made it external delayed showing External to 0MD size failed due errors write HDD HDD through a drive case and using it since few months for storing the data it has partitions Now External HDD showing 0MD size due to delayed write failed errors I have a problem with it A week before the drive started giving following errors when I was plugging it in to the system There might be a problem with some files on this device or disc this can happen if you remove the device or disc before all files have been written to it Delayed Write Failed I O Device Error Initially it was only reading two partitions after - days it only showed one partition not all data then now it is showing partition with zero data with zero mb total disk space It is asking to format each partition I am trying to open I tried to access the HDD from multiple systems XP VISTA SEVEN but same MB size showing up now every time How can I get the external HDD back to normal state without losing the data already there please help Thanks nbsp

A:External HDD showing 0MD size due to delayed write failed errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Check-a-drive-for-errors
Check the drives for errors as instructed in the link above^. This may take a few hours depending on the size of the drive. If this fails then we will resort to other options. After doing some research, it seems as if this error occurs a lot in XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-showing-0md-size-due-to-delayed-write-failed-errors.189965/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have an old fujitsu stylistic LT C-500 pen tablet which gives 4 errors on boot up. The first is query support failed. It has to do with fujitsu display monitor application.The second is pen tablet failed to initialize and pen functionality is not available although I just installed a new driver and it works fine. The third error secure attention sequence error which says it is unable to create a tray icon for the secure attention sequence application. The fourth error is WMI Error: Error accessing class instance. It also has to do with fufitsu display monitor application. I have wxp installed and a .5 ghz processor with 128 mb ram. Eveything seems to work just fine except for that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-up-errors.189373/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello Everyone errors event DNS client I m have a problem on my newer computer that I would like DNS client event errors to know if anyone could give me hand trying to figure out DNS client event errors Now this is not an error that is preventing the computer from working But I get an error in the Event viewer constantly Just makes me think that there is something wrong Error is as follows Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords User NETWORK SERVICE Computer Jay-PC Description There was an error while attempting to read the local hosts file Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client quot Guid quot C E- EEA- A -A FE-A B DDB D quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Jay-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Location quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Context quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Like I said earlier If anyone can give me a hand with this I would greatly appreciate it Also Im sorry if I m posting this in the wrong Forum Topic Wasn t sure what sub topic I was supposed to put it under Thanks nbsp

A:DNS client event errors

Easiest approach is to delete the host file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc contains hosts

you need ADMIN privileges
First stop the client by getting a cmd prompt and enter net stop "dns client" (exactly as shown)
now cd to \windows\system32\drivers\etc

del hosts
then recreate it using echo "" >hosts
(that is two consecutive double-quotes without anything between)

now you should clear the event viewer log containing the error and follow up with
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-client-event-errors.186735/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, I just got my USB flash drive yesterday and it works fine with no problems whatsoever. First started using it on a machine with XP with no errors at all but then today on a machine with Windows 7 I get a disk controller error in the even viewer. Please tell me this it not the USB flash drive itself? Thanks

A:USB flash drive errors

No, it is the computer you are running it on, in this case the Win 7. It just means that the disk controller hardware for the Win 7 is not functioning correctly.

Hope this helped

~Alex

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-flash-drive-errors.183643/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi guys So I is bootup. Where my keyboard? time First built up my computer Where is my keyboard? First time bootup. for the first time with the following components Antec Sonata Elite Black mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Corsair Vengeance Blue GB DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit OCZ ModXStream Pro W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i i i and AMD Phenom Sapphire AMD Radeon HD GB PCI-E Video Card L ASUS Intel Z ATX DDR LGA Motherboard P Z -V I put everything in place and turn on the power but nothing happens Nothing shows up on my Where is my keyboard? First time bootup. monitor in the beginning and there are no beeps Then I realize that my case doesn Where is my keyboard? First time bootup. t have internal speakers but no biggie I figure its going to be ok I check the connections on everything and reinstall everything to make sure all of the components are connected alright Then I reconnect the VGA plug into the one not on the motherboard but on the GPU All the fans are running and I can feel everything else running as well I restart The monitor now boots up and I see option to press enter and F Both of them are more or less for BIOS but it detects USB keyboard but it does detect the mouth I press the keys on my keyboard for the corresponding options but nothing happens Help Do I need to buy a USB keyboard nbsp

A:Where is my keyboard? First time bootup.

Perhaps. This sounds like you need to update the USB drivers. I just built a new system and most of my USB 3.0 were not working. I had to update to the latest offerings. You may need a BIOS upgrade as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-is-my-keyboard-first-time-bootup.182673/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I was given an hp pavilion media center m x computer and installed windows xp pro Everything works wonderfully except every power on The BIOS always reports the following New CPU installed Please enter setup to configure your system Press F to enter setup Press F to load default values and continue I have Motherboard m n -am se BIOS Version CPU AMD Athlon X I have changed the bios battery BIOS f2 errors f1 flashed the bios cleared the bios and went back in and reset everything and tried loding the defaults from the bios and loaded optimized settings and the cpu is the one that came with the computer I have no idea as to what to do HELP If anyone knows any thing about tattooing a motherboard you know one BIOS errors f1 f2 of the items you have to put in is the featurebyte The featurebyte is normally blocks of characters plus however this motherboard has blocks of characters plus and when I try to update it every thing is written to the dmi file BIOS errors f1 f2 except the featurebyte which gives an error message that featurebyte has too many characters Please if you know how to take care of the bios error message please help me or if you can help me with the tattooing Thank you nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-errors-f1-f2.182826/
Relevancy 23.22%

I recently switched from Verizon Fios to Brighthouse Cable time warner internet as I was really not using all the bandwidth I was paying for before Unfortunately I have had nothing but problems in the month since installation After significant troubleshooting I have alleviated several of the internal network issues I had with the new modem but am still having a DNS problem Essentially at seemingly random intervals or immediately if I open bittorrent websites will not connect I reset and renew and dns flush but nothing helps Some programs will stay connected skype dropbox etc and some will not games seem to suffer the same as the web browsing Resetting the modem does not seem to help The diagnostic report through windows troubleshooting says its a problem communicating with the DNS server The router receives dynamic IP and DNS information so I can t change anything there but I put some free dns servers on this computer s list instead of finding Constant DNS errors them automatically This did not help though This leads me to believe this is some networking communications issue not a problem with the DNS servers themselves I disabled DHT in Bittorrent but the problems still occur so I just have stopped using it Oddly enough when I open it on another computer I can still browse the internet on this one though the dns problems do become more frequent even when its open on another computer To emphasize Constant DNS errors the point though the problem occurs at seemingly random intervals regardless of what applications are running I am only noting bittorrent since it seems to trigger the problem very quickly From all of this it seems like there is a problem between the new modem and my network its just two routers with dhcp disabled hooking up wired computers throughout the house I would be very glad for someone elses input on the matter hopefully its a simple setting but could be a defective router or modem I suppose as well Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Constant DNS errors

Do you have the same problems is your pc is plugged directly into the modem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-dns-errors.182338/
Relevancy 28.81%

Following instructions I opened and cleaned the interior electronics after it developed overheating problems that would result in it powering down. Following reassembly the computer will eventually restart but only after failing bootup at leastg two times. At initial startup or boot from hibernation the computer does not appear to reach boot source but emits a series of beeps, first 1 beep, then 3 beeps, another three beeps, and finally 1 beep. These are all about 1 second long and seperated by 1 second. Pressing and holding the start button again sometimes resuls in a full repeat of the above or the computer emits the series of 1single beats, 4 beats, one second long and one second seperation. Eventually pressing and holding he power button will evenually result in hearing the computer attempt to boot from the CD ROM (which is second on the list after the Internal HDD). Any help would be appreciated.

A:Satellite M105 bootup problem -- series of 1 second beeps

There is a very good explanation of "Beep Codes" here:-
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic95391.html
Hope it helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/satellite-m105-bootup-problem-series-of-1-second-beeps.179467/
Relevancy 22.79%

Occasionally I will get errors in my event viewer when I burn a music dvd or data disc. The errors are, device cdrom has a bad block and nvgts errors. If nvgts is to do with nvidia then what would that have to do with my dvd writer? I noticed after that dvd was made it had a cyclic redundancy check errors on it and it was a brand new disc. Also it gave me crc errors and the same errors in event viewer of cdrom and nvgts when trying to copy the disc contents to the hard drive. What I don't get is what would cause these errors when burning a disc and how did a brand new disc get crc errors? If anyone can help me that would be great. Thank You!

A:Errors when burning discs

Replace it. Asus, LG, Lite-On, Samsung, Plextor, and Pioneer all have DVD-RW optical drives in the $18 to $30 price range. Why put up with a troublesome unit when they are so inexpensive.
Optical drives, DVD-Rw drives wear out quickly... depend on it to fail within a year, and if used a lot it can fail in five months.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/errors-when-burning-discs.177687/
Relevancy 29.67%

I was wondering if any of you had any idea what is going on with my computer In bios it has a whole list of keyboard errors that happen all the time errors mouse errors, disconnects, keyboard on-screen Keyboard When I am typing an quot s quot will type quot sasasasasasasasasasa quot forever a quot w quot will be quot wqwqwqwqwqwqwqwq quot and an quot x quot will type quot xzxzxzxzxzxzxzxz quot infinitely Even If i don t type anything it will repeat quot sasasasasasasasasasasasa quot I ve tried keyboards with the same problem happening and my Keyboard errors, mouse disconnects, on-screen keyboard errors mouse randomly quits working and I have to unplug and replug it for it to work I have formatted my computer twice and still get the same problem so it s not a Keyboard errors, mouse disconnects, on-screen keyboard errors virus It does it even in setup Keyboard errors, mouse disconnects, on-screen keyboard errors Also even more annoying is the windows On-Screen keyboard I have to use to type as it has the SAME problem and even opens random windows and programs with certain letters At first I thought it was my USB controller going out but if it was then how come the windows On-Screen Keyboard still does this Any help would be amazing this is so damn annoying Have any of you heard of this Should I just get a new motherboard since it might be a bad controller of some sort nbsp

A:Keyboard errors, mouse disconnects, on-screen keyboard errors

Have you updated your BIOS and drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-errors-mouse-disconnects-on-screen-keyboard-errors.176712/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello Techspot,

I would just like to know your opinions on waiting for the Radeon HD 7000 series. It is more discussion like then a personal question.

I would like to know if you will wait for the HD 7000 series, and why.

A:AMD Radeon HD 7000 series -- is it worth waiting?

No, the 6870 should do me if I decide to upgrade my 4870.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-hd-7000-series-is-it-worth-waiting.170385/
Relevancy 22.79%

I with laptop errors Various Windows 7 own a TOSHIBA Various laptop errors with Windows 7 Satellite C D laptop with Windows and just recently a minor problem arose with it Usually when I hold down the FN key the available functions that correlate with the quot F quot keys appear at the top of the screen However that bar doesn t appear anymore I do know that the FN key still works though because I am able to adjust my computer s volume with it FN lowers it FN raises it I m just not really sure why it only works for volume and no longer causes the pop up to happen Additionally my mouse pad s scrolling feature has seemingly been disabled I discovered this the same time that I realized the FN key was acting up I can t drag my finger along the right side or bottom of the mouse pad to scroll through pages I also just realized that Ctrl Alt Del doesn t prompt the Task Manager to appear I am still able to go to Run- gt taskmgr and it pops up but no combination of my keyboard s Crtl Alt Del will open the Task Manager Ctrl still works however because I am able to open up new tabs in my browser with it Wait I m not done yet hahah this is the last problem I have come across The Shutdown button in my Start Menu doesn t respond I can click on it but nothing happens I can still shut it down by clicking on Hibernate and I m pretty sure that doing Run- gt shutdown -s -t will still work Hopefully I ll be able to find some help here I m sure and hoping that this is just a quick fix in the Control Panel that I m just unaware of I m able to bypass all of these annoyances but I still would rather not have to Thank you everyone P S I ran a full system scan with Norton and McAFee and both said my computer was clean nbsp

A:Various laptop errors with Windows 7

I hope you don't have both Norton and McAfee antivirus installed at the same time... Each of these programs separately, can easily "corrupt" Windows. If you have the option of reloading the OS fresh, I would recommend that you do this. Go with a free temp file cleaner and a free program like Microsoft Security Essentials to protect next time

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/various-laptop-errors-with-windows-7.169096/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi My CD burner Sony CRX E developed a problem where to files in the middle of a long burn get corrupted Thinking it might be a hardware problem I installed another CD burner Samsung SW S from a similar computer and tried different brands of blank CDs Sony HP and Phillips The burner program is RecordNow v In case a TSR program was diverting resources I booted with a minimum of startup programs I think - that is another problem disabled McAfee and had no other programs running One other thing might be relevant About weeks ago I had a malware problem that was fixed thank you Broni from Techspot and once booting from CD errors burn safe mode I hit the debug option by mistake Since then the OS choices has a second option that says quot Microsoft Windows Recovery CD burn errors Console do not select this debugger enabled quot I would appreciate your help because I am running out of both ideas and disks to experiment with Guy Dell Dimension XP SP nbsp

A:CD burn errors

Have you tried some different burning software?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burn-errors.161078/
Relevancy 21.93%

We've recently removed 2 printers from our network (a Konica and a HP). Whenever any user EXCEPT 'Administrator' logs in now, they get the below "Connect to Printer" error dialog box. I've made sure to remove the printer from Printers and Faxes, and even the drivers in 'Server Properties' (under the File menu in Printers and Faxes). They're all Windows XP SP3 and rebooted after removal of the drivers.

I even tried Bruce Sanderson's cleanup suggestion. To no avail.

Here's how the error dialog box looks:

---------------------------
Connect to Printer
Windows cannot connect to the printer. Either the printer name was typed incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to the server. For more information, click Help.
OK Help

I took a look at the suggested registry fix at this techspot discussion but I don't think it applies to our problem.

Anything else to try?

A:'Connect to Printer' errors on login after deleting network printers

I think every client with prior access to these printers will need to Delete Printer and as a Domain Admin, you will need to create the delete.script

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-to-printer-errors-on-login-after-deleting-network-printers.160517/
Relevancy 22.79%

Haf X Asus Rampage III Formula Core I - stock Cooler Master V CPU Cooler kits GB of G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL running in triple channel x Palit GB GTX in SLI Corsair TX watt PSU Windows Pro bit Well first off I m on my second build and I intend to OC My first build was nothing but making sure the Ram was clocked and timed according to specs and unlocking my BE s extra cores On this build all I ve been running is basic tasks and not much gaming on stock settings for several New rig: test stability errors Pre-OC'ing weeks I want to get a moderate overclock ghz on New rig: Pre-OC'ing stability test errors my i - would be nice for starters The overclocking guide I found said to make sure my system was stable at stock I m actually a little bit surprised I hadn t ran prime already When I realized I hadn t even downloaded prime I decided to do so and run it And to my surprise I get an error not mins into the blend test quot FATAL ERROR Rounding was expected less than Hardware failure detected consult stress txt file quot I ve never actually gotten an error from prime because my first build wasn t built for OC ing and pushing the hardware to its limits I m not actually quite sure where to go from here Any advice The blend test of prime says it tests the CPU and some Ram should I start to prepare myself mentally for RMA ing at least one component nbsp

A:New rig: Pre-OC'ing stability test errors

this could be a problem with your ram why you need 24GB is crazy to much of a chance of one of the sticks being bad i would try them all separate and see if you still get the error.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-rig-pre-ocing-stability-test-errors.159769/
Relevancy 22.79%

I just put together an core i7 950 in a MSI X58M Motherboard i connected the psu and hd and dvd burner. i turn on and everything powers up except the monitor. While trouble shooting i found out that I wouldn't get any error codes via beeps. I've trying to figure out how to get the error codes up so i can try and fix whats goin on. any help would be appreciated!! thanks!

p.s im a noob and i apologize of this is an easy fix.

[EDIT] msi motherboard dont always beep. there errors are indicated by the led lights. all my lights are on indicating that the system is booting up. now my only problem is getting the display to work

A:Mobo not reporting errors with no RAM installed

What graphics card did you install? If it has an external PCI-E power connector, is it connected to the PSU? Is the 8 pin ATX 12V connected to the motherboard?

What power supply are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-not-reporting-errors-with-no-ram-installed.156145/
Relevancy 22.36%

I take a lot of pictures and a significant portion of my workflow for processing them involves loading them onto my laptop organizing them into folders burning them onto a blank DVD as a back up and then transferring them to my main computer which I do all my editing on via the DVD I ve been doing this for the past with no problems up until now Starting a day or two whenever getting contents DVD-Rs to Suddenly desktop copying errors of ago I can t seem to copy the contents of any of my burned DVD-Rs to my computer without getting one Suddenly getting errors whenever copying contents of DVD-Rs to desktop of these two error messages Error Copying File or Folder Cannot copy filename The request could not be performed because of an I O device error Click to expand -or- Error Copying File or Folder Cannot copy filename The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid Click to expand The copying process goes smoothly for the first or so gigs out of and the disc spinning can Suddenly getting errors whenever copying contents of DVD-Rs to desktop be heard but then it goes silent and the copying goes much slower eventually stopping entirely and giving me one of those errors I googled both error Suddenly getting errors whenever copying contents of DVD-Rs to desktop messages but couldn t find much that applied to my situation copying files from dvd-rs to a desktop and I m not sure what they mean or what to do about them Any help would be much appreciated Btw OS is Windows XP Pro SP nbsp

A:Suddenly getting errors whenever copying contents of DVD-Rs to desktop

Either the discs/burns are bad or your DVD drive laser is having issues reading the discs. I would suggest trying a different optical drive and see if you have the same issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-getting-errors-whenever-copying-contents-of-dvd-rs-to-desktop.155638/
Relevancy 22.79%

I seem to be having a lot of problems with hard drives lately. I have the <windows root>\system 32\hal.dll error. Sometimes I can insert a winxp disk and go then go to the C:> prompt and copy this file from a mem. stick. Sometimes this works fine and then sometimes it won't.

It then has a Kernal load dll type error. I hate to pitch these hard drives if they can be fixed. Is there some type of utility, 'tool' or software that addresses this issue?

Thanks!

A:Hard drive errors

Nothing will repair a damaged drive but you can try and scan for bad sectors which may keep the drive from storing data there. Scan the drive with a diagnostic utility from whoever makes your drive and see if it detects any issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-errors.154901/
Relevancy 34.83%

Please help! I am replacing an old PCI Graphic Card that ran ATI with a new Diamond Stealth S60 Radeon 7000 ATI PCI Graphic Adapter. But during the driver installation I receive the message "This display driver is not compatible with the display adapter installed in your system". I have tried using the Driver CD that came with the adapter and also downloaded the driver software from the manufacture site. Even attempted to remove all ATI software files and drivers and perform clean install. No Luck same message. Oh, and this is a custom built systems with Windows XP home/ P4. Therefore there is no onboard adapter in the bios to disable.

A:Diamond Stealth S60 Radeon 7000 display driver not compatible

Are you trying to install the drivers with your old card in the pc?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/diamond-stealth-s60-radeon-7000-display-driver-not-compatible.153804/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have someone who is experiencing random connection problems on the clients such as slow or no connections to mapped network shares. Event id 10009 keeps being recorded in the domain controller logs.

DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer MARK-PC.pmc.local using any of the configured protocols.

It has a range of different computer names within the same events. As far as DCOM is configured it's only setup to use TCP-IP.

Server - Windows Server 2008 Standard FE
System type: 64-bit Operating System

Clients:
24 XP Pro
2 Vista Pro
2 Vista Home (should they be using home in an environment like this?)

I have attached the last 256 logs from Application & System as of yesterday evening at around 5pm'ish. I've checked again this morning and looks like the same error has already been re-occurring.

Can anyone give me any suggestion as to where to go with this?

Thanks.

A:Event ID: 10009 DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer <computer name>

Extra Info

Sorry I forgot to also mention that the server is acting as a DHCP server and that there router has had DHCP disabled. Client PC'S are set to local static IP'S and are not actually set to obtain if this has any variance.

Thanks, David

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-id-10009-dcom-was-unable-to-communicate-with-the-computer-computer-name.147932/
Relevancy 74.82%

I d posted in another part of techspot about a problem that it finally turned out was a slowly very slowly dying hard disk that I d had as my D drive for data and documents etc on an XP SP system gig memory Pentium GHz Not wanting to again be so vulnerable to losing my data I thought I d try a RAID configuration I went cheap yes in event viewer errors on copies RAID large and often a mistake I know with an Addonics ADSA PCI controller card that supported software RAID Once I got past the bad documentation - the installation guide started with the driver installation then the next step said quot do this part first if you re configuring RAID RAID errors on large copies and in event viewer quot and described a procedure where several things were to be installed BEFORE the card was - things never really got going smoothly I got RAID running and thought that for sake of ease I d just copy my data roughly gigs from the single drive that had it to the new RAID setup The old drive I had relettered to Q and the new array was D this was done before I configured RAID and formatted the new drives So I went to Q and selected all highlighting all top-level files and folders and their subcontents copied then went to D and pasted Every time I tried this within - minutes I d have a BSOD either a kernel stack or a kernel data inpage error The time it seemed to work best I d moved about gigs in some files So is that a problem with the RAID or with Windows and its copy function Obviously I don t typically copy that much data using copy and paste but I ve done it before without problems Ultimately I used an image of my data and restored that image onto D and all worked well And the computer has been stable now for almost hours since all this happened There ve been two exceptions One was that twice on restart XP has launched chkdsk on C my boot drive not the RAIDed data drive The first time this happened I d had to do a force restart after a lockup on a mass copy attempt so I could have accepted this becuase of the abnormal ending The second time though was after a smooth Windows restart that I did when installing some Windows updates a NET service pack that had been pushed to me after I had to install NET as part of the required RAID utility package that came with the controller card Since I m almost never asked to run chkdsk and when I am I usually understand why this bothers me The other is that I have gotten several event viewer errors related to the new RAID array A few were at a time when I had restarted Windows smooth and normal Windows restart and it went to the login screen fine and stayed that way overnight Others have occurred invisible to me when I m on the PC Here s the most recent one Event Type Error Event Source SiSRaid Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer XP Description The device Device Scsi SiSRaid did not respond within the timeout period For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data f h c a Is this stuff normal Should I be worried Pre-RAID I d go weeks usually but often months with no errors ever in my event viewer nbsp

A:RAID errors on large copies and in event viewer

So I went to Q:\ and selected all (highlighting all top-level files and folders, and their subcontents), copied, then went to D:\ and pasted.Click to expand...

Ouch! The technique of copy/paste is more likely to cause issues than anything else, especially on large size transfers.

Empty the Raid target
Select the top-level-folders
drag-n-drop onto the Raid Drive letter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-errors-on-large-copies-and-in-event-viewer.151764/
Relevancy 29.67%

hp a6200n beeps on bootup. tried swapping out ram but nothing....anyway it's 1 short beep followed by 1 long beep

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-a6200n-beeps-on-bootup.151035/
Relevancy 29.24%

I recently inherited a little Presario laptop of course The little beauty works great except at startup I ll press the power button and the power LED will light up HD-light flashes sometimes and there s a sound from what I think are the speakers but nothing happens after that So I ll hold down the power button to shut it down again and repeat the above process several times Whether its on battery or AC doesn t change anything but I find it helps to leave it quot on quot for half a minute and then shut down and power up again but even that works irregularly Eventually after a few minutes of this trial-and-error the HD will spin up and the whole system works fine ever after until it s shut down or hibernating Does this sound familiar It isn t a really pressing issue I get along with it as is but if there s something wrong I d like to see about fixing it as well as ridding myself of the inconvenience Thanks in advance to anyone who can help nbsp

A:Compaq Presario 900 bootup issue

I have the exact same issue with my Presario 900.

It intermittently won't startup, the speakers click briefly, the screen stays dark and the Compaq logo won't display. If I shut it down and re-start it enough times it will eventually come back up.

Mine will also seize up just sitting there. Usually though, it happens if I move the laptop although I can't seem to find any definitive movement that always makes it seize.

I stripped the entire unit down and then re-installed everything. While I was there I cleaned up any grounds that I could find. The idea was that hopefully the issue would be solved by reconnecting and tightening everything.

When I re-started it it worked quite well for about a day. I was hopeful that it was fixed but it started doing it again :-(

I know these laptops have issues with the power cord jack but in this case mine's fine and I can't see that being the reason for the seizing. I'm quite certain it's a mainboard issue, probably caused by the case flexing when moved and thereby flexing the mainboard. I seem to recall running into a laptop repair person on the 'net some years ago that mentioned this was a common issue and that he could fix it. Regrettably he went off-line and hasn't been heard from since.

I know it's not the processor, the memory, the fans or any other common issue. I'm pretty certain it's mainboard flexing somehow/somewhere even though it occurs even when it's sitting on a solid table.

Like yourself, I'd love to find out what it is. I upgraded mine with internal wireless (complete with real antennas mounted in the lid) and a 7,200 RPM hard drive as well as numerous other 'hot rodding' It's still a great machine but I'm quite concerned that it's becoming an EOL product because of the seizing.

If you learn anything or run into someone knowledgeable, please update this thread!

Thanks!
Marvin

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-presario-900-bootup-issue.141683/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi everybody, I have a problem with my computer. I have a emachines t4510 which i bought off craigslist well the reason i bought it to run linix on it. The computer worked fine a first than all the sudden it wont bootup. The computer starts ok then when its ready to bootup (you see the Xp logo) then i noticed the cpu fan goes out which stops the bootup then i get a message that the cpu has been changed set settings in cmos and save did that still does the samething thought it might be the power supply but that wasn't the problem. Please Help

A:Computer won't bootup

eMachines has a very negative history with at least 18 different models... your T4510 is one of those...
It is the motherboard that usually goes bad, and makes it appear the power supply is bad...
But in our experience, the CPU, CPU fan, memory, optical drive, and hard drive are good... It is just not worth it to replace the motherboard with another eMachines model...
The most common problem is as you report... it will not boot up... but it is because of the motherboard curling or defective electrical channels in the board...
I don't know of a good fix except to replace the motherboard with one from intel... Often, the Windows install will still work, but we don't know about the Linux installs, because we haven't tried those.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-bootup.147968/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, when i load my pc up i get the following notification

I go into device manager and check my adapters and notice that they are not working

I am running windows 7 and i read somewhere Intel dont support these with compatible windows 7 drivers?

If thats the case what can i do? and what consequences can this have if both of them are not working?

A:Getting display errors

OK, you just can't stuff last months OS into a 6 year old PC and expect the drivers to be available. There is "Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor", available from M$, which would have told you not to do what you did, (install Win 7).

Now the board you're using has onboard graphics, as well as the Nvidia add-in card.
That has to be plugged into a standard PCI slot. So, how many graphics adapters do you want in the machine...?

Now, you can update the graphics driver from the links I provided in the other thread, or remove the add-in video card and replace it with a better PCI-E card, then install the latest driver for it.

Now, you're starting to ask the same question over and over, expecting a different answer, which is pointless.

With the Mickey Mouse BS you're trying with this old machine, if I were you, I'd be thankful it would still connect to the internet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-display-errors.147675/
Relevancy 22.79%

Whenever I plug in my USB device it wants to "scan and fix" but it still works if I just choose to continue. On the other hand the G drive which is for my SD card gives me errors of corruption. what shall i do about this?

A:SD card drive corrupton errors

Have you not tried reinstalling your flash drivers? im new here so im not very computer minded but thats what i would try first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sd-card-drive-corrupton-errors.146813/
Relevancy 22.79%

I'm going to be using Acronis True Image Home 2010 to
burn a image rescue disk, whats the best iso & data software
burner with the least errors.

A:What's The Best ISO & Data CD Burner with The Least Errors?

Something like ImgBurn or Nero etc will be fine. Write errors usually happen from using inferior media and/or too high a burning speed. If you get good quality discs and burn at a slow rate the backup should write ok. I would verify the write if possible after the disc is completed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-best-iso-data-cd-burner-with-the-least-errors.143313/
Relevancy 33.54%

Last night our second family PC Blue Screened with an 0x4E PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error which is a very strong indicator of corrupted memory.

Memory is Crucial Ballistix PC3200 (DDR 400) in a 4x512 (2 gigs) configuration in a socket 939 system Epox 9NPA+Ultra motherboard.

The specs on this memory are as follows: 2.8 voltage which the motherboard has it set at correctly as well as in 2T. The CAS is a designed 2-2-2-6 but mobo has it set at 3-4-4-8 which is probably due to the 4x512 configuration and 2T

Ran memtest and into the fifth PASS received 212 errors all in Test 5. I saw enough so I tested each stick individually for the minimum Passes of 7 and no errors on any of them even in test 5.

So I reinstalled all four sticks, checked the BIOS settings and ran Memtest again and in the very first PASS I received 20 errors in Test 5.

Any ideas?

A:4 Memory Sticks Installed = Errors; Individually Tested = Zero Errors

maybe i misread your testing method, but could it be a bad dimm?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-memory-sticks-installed-errors-individually-tested-zero-errors.143057/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey guys im new here after seeing my problem I couldnt find a answer I m basically a computer noob I know how to do the simple things like change gfx card memory and add a new hd My pc has been overheating alot so i decided to take all the components apart which was pretty simple but in the process I removed all the plugs off the motherboard dont ask why seemed a smart idea at the time now I ve plugged the obvious ones back in and searched google for some others but now im just getting long continuous beep I have some screens below of the pc to see if you can spot the problem Specs - Motherboard - ABIT I-N H Processor - Intel Quad Core Q Graphics Card - GT Memory - GB stick PSU - w Loud continuous beep with no shutdown I ve tryed replacing the graphics card properly also tried another one and got the same beep Also removed and Computer bootup wont replaced the ram back in numerous times When I plug the power supply in a red light comes on in the corner of the motherboard which i will mark in the screenshots Please help so annoyed nbsp

A:Computer wont bootup

h**p://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7501/pchelp1.jpg

h**p://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3530/pchelp2.jpg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-bootup.140151/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi All I desperately need ask for your help to solve my problems with an Iomega external HDD As 2.0 1 errors USB Iomega HDD GB it is right now I cannot use my brave new storage because 1 GB Iomega USB 2.0 HDD errors it simple does not work the way it is supposed to I 1 GB Iomega USB 2.0 HDD errors hope we can remedy this problem I ve recently purchased an TB Iomega Select Desktop Hard Drive PC Mac that connects with an USB port to my laptop I have formatted the drive to NTFS I have the following issues with the drive A When I m using the drive under Windows XP SP I encounter with the following problems I If I m downloading several files with torrent filesize lt MB and the download destination is the Iomega storage and the download speed is around - Megabytes sec after a some minutes not more than minutes Windows XP pops up the following Delayed Write error message quot Delayed Write Failed Windows was unable to save all the data for the file name of the file you want to save The data has been lost This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection Please try to save this file elsewhere quot Furthermore I cannot access the drive anymore after the error message The drive seems to be recognized but the folders seem to be empty If I restart the PC Windows does not recognize the drive connected The drive is recognized again if I disconnect and reconnect the power supply of the Iomega drive - I have tried disabling caching Windows setting for optimal performance and delayed disk write torrent client setting but no use The error still persists - I have tried using another USB cable but did not make any difference I still get the error message - I have tried all of the USB ports available on my laptop No use - I have connected the drive to an USB Hub DLink -Port Hi-Speed USB Hub but that does not make any difference either II If I m extracting large GB files e g with total commander on the Iomega Drive I get a quot Read Error quot message and the may fail The rest of the error symptoms are the same as described above This error occurs or times from tries Copying large files from the Iomega drive to my laptop s HDD works fine without error B When I m using the drive under Windows x I encounter with the following problems I If I m downloading several files with torrent filesize lt MB and the download destination is the Iomega storage and the download speed is around - Megabytes sec after a some minutes usually not more than minutes Windows hangs The mouse pointer freezes and I cannot do anything with the Operating System so I have to hard reset the computer The Iomega drive is not recognized afterwards and I must replug the power cable just as with A to get the drive recognized again Windows does not always hang up in case of downloading through torrent to the Iomega Drive I ve just seen another kind of error symptom which did not freeze my Operating System however the drive was unaccessible afterwards - quot Error The system cannot find the file specified quot error message from utorrent client during download In this case Windows can see the folders and SOME of my files on the drive but most of the folders are empty even those which have nothing to do with the torrent e g my documents folder The drive cannot be written quot scandisk-ed quot or unmounted files cannot be accessed or transferred not even those visible So the files seem to be there but actually they aren t After pulling out and plugging back the power cord of the storage Windows recognizes the drive and I can access my files The torrent download cannot be resumed not even after a windows restart storage drive power replug It says at the hash check that quot The system cannot find the file specified quot This may happen with completed downloads as well which I have been seeding for hours II Same as described under A I m using a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo L gw laptop Its specs are as follows Processor Manufacturer Intel Processor Type Celeron M... Read more

A:1 GB Iomega USB 2.0 HDD errors

Typically I would guess that the drive isn't getting enough power, but since it is a 1TB drive (and there currently aren't any laptop drives that size) that it is a regular full size external with its own power supply.

So given that, I would download SeaTools for Windows and run the short and long DST on it and see if it passes. You've tried the Windows settings I would have also suggested.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1-gb-iomega-usb-2-0-hdd-errors.139258/
Relevancy 29.67%

I recently built a PC using these parts XFX ATI Radeon HD MB GDDR PCI-Express Graphics Card bootup Strange problem GB G Skill RipJaws MHz DDR Dual Channel Memory Kit W OCZ Fatal ty Modular Power Supply Gigabyte GA-P -US L motherboard TB Samsung SpinPoint F HD BX I - Intel Core Strange bootup problem i S Lynnfield Quad Core Xigmatek Midgard case Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro Quiet Intel CPU Cooler Windows Each morning I get various BSOD s but if I remove stick of ram the PC boots without a problem I then can switch off put the memory back in again the PC boots without a problem and will run perfectly well all day restarting as often as I like I have run memtest on the individual modules of ram and on the Gg total and no errors found The BSOD s are varied in the error codes but I m am leaning towards a hardware fault but am open to any suggestions A PS I have recently installed Bluescreen view and here are the last few BSOD s - - dmp MEMORY MANAGEMENT x a x xc x ffff x ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe b b d NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win rtm - -bit C Windows minidump - - dmp - - dmp PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA x x dcc x x c b x ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe e NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win rtm - -bit C Windows minidump - - dmp - - dmp PFN LIST CORRUPT x e x x a x x halmacpi dll halmacpi dll cca Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win rtm - -bit C Windows minidump - - dmp - - dmp NTFS FILE SYSTEM x x fb x d a x d x aa e Ntfs sys Ntfs sys NT File System Driver Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win rtm - -bit C Windows minidump - - dmp - - dmp MEMORY MANAGEMENT x a x xc e x ffff x ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe b b d NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win rtm - -bit C Windows minidump - - dmp - - dmp MEMORY MANAGEMENT x a x xc e x ffff x ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe b b d NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win rtm - -bit C Windows minidump - - dmp - - dmp KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e xc x c a x e x ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe a NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win rtm - -bit C Windows minidump - - dmp - - dmp SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e xc x d c x e f cc x e f b USBSTOR SYS USBSTOR SYS c USB Mass Storage Class Driver Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win rtm - -bit C Windows minidump - - dmp nbsp

A:Strange bootup problem

Are you running two 2GB memory modules? Can you swap the modules in their positions, like module 0 in slot 1 and module 1 in slot 0? How many memory slots are on the motherboard two or four?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-bootup-problem.139262/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi For some time at least months I have had occasional and sometimes more frequent NTFS errors on one or more of my hard drives My system is an Asus P AD -E Premium mobo Ghz Intel P single core hyperthreading Gigs DDR Mhz RAM BFG NVidia GeForce GTX MB on PCIE WD GB SATA drive configured as SATA on Intel NTFS errors ICH R - Boot Drive bran-new drive Seagate GB SATA drive configured as SATA on Intel ICH R - Backup drive ea Seagate GB SATA configured as SATA on the SIl - more backup these drives are almost yrs old Windows Ultimate on WD GB partition Windows XP Pro on WD GB partition The error I get is the following The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume lt volume name gt This error began when running Windows XP pro I recently installed Windows keeping XP on another partition same physical disk so I have a dual-boot I still get the errors in Win When it started I had a RAID setup using GB SATA drives on the Intel ICH R controller and had an additional GB SATA drive connected as SATA not RAID on the SIl controller The error was always on NTFS errors the single SATA drive on the SIl Now I have the system configured as standard SATA On the Intel ICH R I have configured SATA NTFS errors as AHCI On this controller I have the WD GB bran-new drive which is the boot drive and the Seagate GB drive that is the same one I originally had on the SIl as SATA when I had the RAID system on the Intel ICH R Since it was the drive on the SIl that was always giving me the errors on the old setup and now I am having the same errors but on the new WD drive but with that same old Seagate drive connected to the same controller that the new WD is connected I am thinking perhaps this old Seagate drive is the trouble But would a problem on one SATA drive cause problems on other drives connected to the same controller The more I think about this the more inclined I am to replace the motherboard The system is nearly yrs old and I would really like to get something faster anyway But before I spend any money on another mobo I would like to know what is going on with this one and whether these errors are caused by a hardware glitch on the mobo the HDD or in my OS What do you think Thanks for any help on this issue FW nbsp

A:NTFS errors

first i would replace the sata cables,
2.) do a low level format on the hd, that is giveing u problems.
3.) if the problem still exist, then it may be the mobo.

Low level software = Free software = http://www.killdisk.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ntfs-errors.138412/
Relevancy 29.24%

Upon booting up my computer, my screen dims down. For example, when I boot up to my desktop, sometimes, my desktop display would be dimmed. A few seconds later, the screen would dim to the point that it'll appear as if nothing is displaying (if the monitor is looked at from eye level). However, upon closer inspection, I discovered that my monitor is displaying everything; however, I must look at the monitor at a certain angle to be able to see the icons. Could this be the result of a damaged PCI-E slot or a damaged video card?

A:Monitor dims upon bootup, stays dimmed

Do you have another PC to test the monitor or another monitor to test?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-dims-upon-bootup-stays-dimmed.137577/
Relevancy 22.79%

Anyone any ideas on this -Com router with PCs connected to it neither of the PCs can access the internet despite them both showing messages that the internet connection errors access Internet is running These PCs both have fixed IP addresses although changing them to dynamic makes no difference A ping from the PC to say google com does not respond A ping to the router gateway address and other PCs on the network is fine I can access the router setup through the browser to the gateway IP address and the router diagnostics all show everything working fine - happy happy joy joy The router is connected to the ISP and will ping and resolve google com without error A third PC my laptop which I know works perfectly on my home network also fails to connect to the internet I have not yet reset the router as the client has lost his ADSL account password Grrreat I have not poked about with ports yet but it might be worth doing maybe Any ideas why the PCs cannot access the net nbsp

A:Internet access errors

You are an oldtimer, who knows the ropes... so...
Did it once work, or is this a new install?
Did it work on one PC?
Can you get back to a simpler setup when it did work, and start over from there?
I would start over with one router. Remove all your installed software for that router.
In essence, start over.
You have missed something simple and obvious. You will find it.
Sometimes it is easier and less time consuming to start over than to find and fix, as you know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-access-errors.132866/
Relevancy 74.82%

I m looking for some help please My computer was giving New of event HDD/XP lots gets stuck errors booting, viewer me lots of BSOD slowed stuck bootups and errors originated New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors from Device Harddisk D in my event viewer My hard drive failed generic long tests and had bad clusters so I got a new hard drive installed it New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors with XP and it was fine for a week Then my computer would boot New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors to a blank screen and wouldn t boot in safe mode So I yesterday reinstalled XP again and now it s staying on the XP loading screen but never actually loading Safe boot got stuck as soon as I went into event viewer I managed to get it to start up normally just now and I am seeing these errors in event viewer -Error event ID The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk D -Warning event ID An error was detected on device Device Harddisk D during a paging operation -Error event ID The DHCP Client service depends on the NetBios over Tcpip service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning That same error repeats only instead of DHiverCP NetBios it s DNS Client TCP IP Protocol Driver and IPSEC -Error event The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Aavmker AFD AmdK AsIO asuskbnt aswSP aswTdi Fips IPSec MRxSmb NetBIOS NetBT ohci RasAcd Rdbss Tcpip Does this appear to be a hardware issue or is there a problem with the copy of Windows I obtained I m so frustrated I almost want to buy a premade from Dell and forget about it My current system specs Asus M N-SLI Deluxe mobo AMD Athlon X GB Corsair -Pin DDR SDRAM Please help nbsp

A:New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors

It appears that you have a nice system, if you can get it back to normal.
We have to suspect other hardware, since two hard drives have similar symptoms... but you may have copied evil stuff from the one drive to the other. How did you transfer files? Or an infestation.
What did you use to scan your system for virus and spyware infestations?
Have you carefully checked your cables... or even tried replacing them temporarily?
Examine all sockets for dirt and debris, and clean your system thoroughly but carefully.
You may need to rule out some things that do not seem part of the problem... as it may be a long and slow process to figger out where the problem is... I would start, if the drive will work well enough, by running MemTest86 for four hours or seven passes, which ever is longer... or removing half the memory to test the other half, then switching.
We always suspect the cables first. They can fail and look good.
Any defective hardware part can cause problems elsewhere if the conditions are right... so I would begin by making a check list, then trading out everything on the list... video card, modem even if not used, ethernet connection or software, .
I would also try another drive and cable... any other drive, even using the first drive, fully reformatted and reinstalled with Windows and basic software....
Windows will not normally cause these of problem, but if you have scratches or smudges that would make it difficult to read, then you could theoretically introduce errors... unlikely though that is.
You could have an optical drive error that is not seeing the software properly.
But it is also possible that your Asus board, good as it is, has a defect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hdd-xp-gets-stuck-booting-lots-of-event-viewer-errors.131519/
Relevancy 22.36%

Weather I watch something on WMP or QT or watch YouTube, it all skips after like 10 seconds of playing. I thought that an additional 2gb of ram would help but it's only made other things quicker. I know everyone will jump to a video drivers solution but according to my page (I have an Acer 5520 Laptop Windows Vista basic) I have the latest drivers, can anyone think of anything else, java, flash, anything like that....its doing it for online streaming and some offline stuff too and it's really starting to depress me lol. Anyone have anything I can try, or what kind of info do you need from me,, thanx in advance, I appreciate it

A:Video errors, skips/buffers/lags

Are you running on wireless internet? Maybe with 1 or 2 other pc's in the house? The upgrade of ram at least got you performance boost, so good for you on that part.

What kind of connection are you running? Have you made sure you have updated java software installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-errors-skips-buffers-lags.130963/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi I recently got a problem where my PC lags up and i need to restart it I found out that one of the RAM s were faulty I ve got x GB I removed the faulty one and tested those together with Memtest It ran for about - hrs Did passes It did not get any errors so I assumed it was ok Today after the PC had been on for about hrs straight it froze again I m testing the RAM again but it takes for ever Can it be that i need to run Memtest even longer than passes to find any errors Or does the problem lie somewhere else I read here in several posts that if I let memtest run passs I can be fairly sure that the RAM is not faulty Is this the case or can it still detect errors after or Memtest 7 Faulty passes RAM errors no not? gets after more passes I know or well I am sure that the slots are working as they should Faulty RAM or not? Memtest gets no errors after 7 passes What else can this be If it doesn t get errors after passes should i continue to let it test or should i look for the problem somewhere else nbsp

A:Faulty RAM or not? Memtest gets no errors after 7 passes

Can the lockup be caused by the RAM not getting enough voltage?

You see... I just relized... I had 2 CL5's and 2 CL4's... Now there is one CL5 and 2 CL4... Can this be the reason? THat the CL4 does not get enough voltage?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-ram-or-not-memtest-gets-no-errors-after-7-passes.129980/
Relevancy 22.79%

UPDATE After trying for months to figure this problem out and nearly throwing No errors Crash / Frequent the machine out the window I ve found the issue for certain It was the processor I received the replacement a week ago and haven t had a problem since Everything runs fast cool and without error Thanks to all who helped out UPDATE I ve been having a problem where my computer will freeze and just sit Frequent Crash / No errors there No errors no BSOD just frozen until I do a hard reset Upon reboot there are no indications of any errors there aren t any errors in any of the system logs and there aren t any logs in the minidump folder for windows I ve left the machine on for more than an hour and Frequent Crash / No errors it just sits there frozen System specs Windows XP SP Asus P N-D Nvidia GT x gb Corsair XMS DDR Memory Corsair HX Power Supply I believe it to be Frequent Crash / No errors one of the components causing the issue and would love some help on how to isolate the troublesome component Here s where I m at I thought it was the video card so I swapped it out with an ATI X I got another lockup I removed one of the sticks of RAM and placed it into another machine and that machine runs great No errors or lock ups Just to verify that the gt was good I placed it in the same machine as the RAM and it also runs like a champ So now I m stuck I ve been getting lockups in the machine for several months and they were getting progressively worse Something isn t working right Any suggestions nbsp

A:Frequent Crash / No errors

Put your memory back in and run Memtest86 from a boot floppy or cd if you don't have a floppy. Let it run for several hours on both sticks unless its obvious theres something wrong. If you get errors you might be able to RMA the ram, Corsair is really good about it, just copy down the error codes and go to there web site and make an RMA request. Sometimes bad ram gets out into the world and they know its coming back to them, so there really good about it. I once had two bad 512mb sticks or DDR they didn't even make anymore, so they sent me two 1gig sticks to replace them. Cool huh?

Oh, I forgot, you might want to go into the bios and set safe defaults and see what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frequent-crash-no-errors.128163/
Relevancy 28.81%

in all fairness i have requested help with this problem at other sites as well if i find a solution i promise to post it on all sites i just bought a brand new western digital WD AAKB caviar blue gb IDE PATA hard drive from tiger direct i have had success cloning smaller hard drives to gb hard drives with easeus disk copy so i thought i would try to clone from my original HDD to this gb i was able to clone the gb HDD s right out of the package hard 500gb screen New drive bootup recognized not at without any preparation i thought i would be able to do New 500gb hard drive not recognized at bootup screen this with this gb as well however the results i get are strange after making the master slave connection and powering up the gb never gets recognized in the bootup screen or else the bootup screen stalls at the part where it detects the hard drives i must admit that i am not really certain how to have the jumpers set on this gb the master drive is no problem because i have pulled off this procedure before cloning gb to gb i have had the jumpers on the gb set at both cable select and slave the HDD is brand new so i could get my back but i think i am making a mistake of some kind i am very much a newbie at this and i have just gotten lucky a few times with this quot hobby quot just trying to keep a backup of some cheap computer s data in case any expert help would be most appreciated nbsp

A:New 500gb hard drive not recognized at bootup screen

i solved the problem. i swapped ribbon cables and the hard drive was detected. it showed up in disk management, and disk copy made a clone without a hitch.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-500gb-hard-drive-not-recognized-at-bootup-screen.129457/
Relevancy 22.79%

a friend gave me a laptop and i was cleaning it up when it started randomly shutting off first i was doing a cleanup and it shut down during a malwarebytes scan then i rebooted and Laptop randomly shuts without errors off it finished Laptop randomly shuts off without errors then when installing avast right when it started coping files it would shut off when it shuts off its like your pulling the power out so there s no errors in the log or minidumps i tested the hard drive and its good i ran memtest and after about tested it shut off i tried each stick individually and in each slot and it shut off on every one of them then i tested the ram in another laptop and they passed i left the laptop on all night long and it was still on when i got up i m stumped all i can think of is blaming it on a bad memory controller but i think thats just an excuse that sounds good nbsp

A:Laptop randomly shuts off without errors

The laptop may be overheating. Are the CPU cooling vemts clean and free from dust? The laptop may have to be opened in order to clean the area well

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-randomly-shuts-off-without-errors.127803/
Relevancy 31.39%

ok when i run the sticks of memory in my board memtest shuts down before it can even get to if i run them single they are fine got latest drivers and bios ok i forgot to add So and many memtest bsods errors errors and my buddy told me my PSU would be fine it is a antec tru power w i am running corsair dominator x g cm x - c d motherboard is Asus m a Deluxe evga xt mb video card now when i use cpu-id it says max bandiwdth at pc - mhz i think that program may not be reading it right not sure So many errors and bsods and memtest errors because i read i can run these sticks at if i just up volt to v any idea what could be the problem this is from event viewer Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer HAWAII Description Error code e parameter c parameter d e parameter b ba parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d e Param eters c c d e c b b c a nbsp

A:So many errors and bsods and memtest errors

Try running it with one stick of memory. Do you get BSODs? Asus boards are quite well known about their pickiness about what RAN is used per board, the amount installed, and how it is configured.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/so-many-errors-and-bsods-and-memtest-errors.126139/
Relevancy 22.79%

I m not sure if this is the right forum section as I m new here so apologies if I m posting in the wrong place A few days ago I noticed that I had severe errors Kingston RAM on Memtest86+ Errors New in memtest I was running gb of unbranded ram on Asus A N -SLI DELUXE RAM was x GB DDR- DELTA says v on back of Memtest86+ Errors on New Kingston RAM them all three same make and model Always had problems with BSOD just that this was the first I ve had time to read about the cause and actually investigate it I tested all three sticks of Memtest86+ Errors on New Kingston RAM ram individually using memtest and testing them in different memory slots ALL OF THEM reported errors on test no matter what slot they were in We re talking errors minimum Well I thought it must be due to cheap RAM ordered Kingston which arrived this morning the exact same RAM model number as recommended on the mobo manual quot KVR X C A G It s not good news though I plugged in the two new sticks to the two brown slots and booted up in Memtest v mode As usual Test returns or so red errors and test returns another errors I usually switch off before test but I ve noticed it s stuck at test Test Pass and wont budge further My BIOS settings are defaulted as well Does anyone here have any idea what can be causing this My PC crashes sometimes times a day - Been looking in BIOS and can t see how or what to set the RAM voltages too etc as I an no expert in BIOS settings Any help would be hugely appreciated SCREENSHOT MEMTEST www dot limelites co uk memtest jpg SCREENSHOT BIOS MEMORY SETTINGS www dot limelites co uk memory settings bios jpg RAM DATASHEET www dot valueram com datasheets KVR X C A G pdf As you can see from the datasheet it doesn t say what settings I need to use for things like quot MemClock Mode quot quot Memclock Value quot quot MCT Training Mode quot quot CAS Latency CL quot quot TRAS quot quot TRP quot quot TRCD quot quot TRRD quot quot TRC quot quot TRFC quot quot TRWT quot quot MCT Extra Timing Mode quot quot TREF quot quot TWCL quot quot R W Queue Bypass Count quot quot Bypass Max quot quot Idle Cycle Limit quot quot Dynamic Idle Cycle Centre quot quot DDR Driving Strength quot quot User Config Mode quot quot Read Preamble quot quot Asyc Latency quot quot Burst Length quot quot Hardware Memory Hole quot The only one of these mentioned in datasheet is TRFC and datasheet says ns min whereas BIOS doesn t have this setting it has T to T Help me please nbsp

A:Memtest86+ Errors on New Kingston RAM

It can't be the RAM as I just removed three sticks, thinking it was the RAM and replaced it with two brand new Kingston sticks... Memtest shows the exact same errors... No way it can be all five sticks of RAM.

I'm thinking it must be something to do with BIOS settings?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memtest86-errors-on-new-kingston-ram.126005/
Relevancy 23.22%

This is my first pc build..

Will this motherboard, and psu fit in this case? Im pretty sure they are all atx form factor, but does this guarantee they will fit?

Motherboard:
Asrock ALiveN570SLI-eSATA2
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=ALiveN570SLI-eSATA2

PSU:
Antec TruePower Trio 550
http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MTIyNQ==

Case:
Antec Sonata Elite Gaming Case Tower
http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MTcyOQ==

Thanks for any replies

I figured it out after 9 hours research! The case is too small dammitt! oh well... please delete this thread

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-obvious-errors.125074/
Relevancy 23.22%

ello. I'm having just a spot o trouble here. When I try to run my games (Mount&Blade, Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales, Medieval II TW, ect.) They give me an error message. when I ran DxDiag and test my Direct3D, it gives me the following errors.

First test: "Test Failed at step 8"(Creating 3D Device):Hresult=0x80004005(Generic failure)
Second test: "Test Failed at step 8"(Creating 3D Device):Hresult= 0x8876086c (Error code)"
Third Test: "Test Failed at step 8"(Creating 3D Device):Hresult= 0x8876086c (Error code)"

I've already re-installed Direct-x, my Driver, windows, yet nothing worked. what should I do?

Some specs.

AMD Athlon xp 2800+
2.09GHz. 768 MB of RAM

Windows XP home edition SP 3

ATI Radion X1300 pro.

A:Errors with Direct3D

Make sure you've downloaded and installed the correct 32-bit display drivers from ATI (Catalyst software). If you've already gone and completely reinstalled XP, with the same results, then either the graphics card or power supply may be at fault. How long have you had this video card and what are the specs of the PSU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/errors-with-direct3d.124897/
Relevancy 29.24%

My stationary bootup/POST lockups & Random computer AMD dualcore is becoming increasingly unstable after Random lockups & bootup/POST having served me well for about years I suspect either the motherboard or the graphicscard is dying About a month ago I replaced Random lockups & bootup/POST the powersupply Everything was fine after that until now the problems are slowly coming back The computer is pretty stable most of the day actually right now but my prediction is that it won t last long It freezes more and more often in WinXP for no good reason and I have to force a cold reboot Sometimes I can t even get pass POST This morning when I turned the computer on I couldn t get pass POST and I had to try times before Windows loaded up completely and I could move the mouse right now it works great I don t know what s your gut feeling about this could it be the graphicscard I rarely push my graphicscard to the limits at all but there has been a few times recently last year when the computer locked up when I tried to play a HD movie I ascribed that to power problems I don t have that problem now But I m on a low budget right now I haven t found any friends yet who will lend me their PCI-express card If the motherboard is failing then I guess I have to replace it and reinstall windows and all my software nbsp

A:Random lockups & bootup/POST

Please run Memtest on your Ram

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-lockups-bootup-post.122132/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey, im not to technical with computers and was hoping i can get an opinion or some help from one of you. When I press the power button on my computer the fan sometimes turns on and sometimes it doesnt, and when i turn my monitor on, it acts as if the computer isnt on. So in other words, when i try to turn it on, it wont start sometimes, sometimes it will. help please?

A:Bootup Failure

Sounds like you might have a motherboard or power supply starting to go bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bootup-failure.121364/
Relevancy 29.24%

Everytime I restart my computer, it stalls on bootup and I have to hold down the reset button until it powers off and then repowers on again.

It always stalls "half-way" on the bootup screen.

It just says Dell Dimension and it has this status bar that only goes halfway....

it has bios ver 1.1.4

But if i reboot again it will work...

any ideas?

A:Dell Dimension E521 - Bootup Stalls

Could be a memory error or something faulty with your PSU.

Try uninstalling your memory and reinstalling it then try again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-dimension-e521-bootup-stalls.102545/
Relevancy 36.12%

My computer is : MDG with Intel Celeron 2.8 GHz processor
ATI Radeon 7000 series dual video card
512 mb RAM
Onboard sound
80 GB HDD
Windows XP Home

Here is my problem....... I have hooked my big screen tv to DVI on video card. Everything works fine... the desktop shows on the tv and it plays all streamed video. For example UTube and any stand alone video on Windows media player or and DVD player. My son plays hockey in the AHL so when I hook to AHL Live games, their streaming will not show on the big screen, the desktop shows but the streaming window is black also on the computer monitor. Can this be rectifyed ?

A:ATI Radeon 7000 series

Make sure the game is running at a resolution supported by the TV.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-7000-series.117372/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello everyone,
Basically my WD external makes a clicking sound when plugged into my system and prevents the system from booting up altogether. When I unplug the drive from USB, my computer boots up fine (mostly). It almost seems as if the external drive is not getting enough 'juice' to boot up completely but my new system with 650w PS does not include any power-draining peripherals.

Is it possible that my external is corrupt? Does the clicking always indicate failure? Could it indicate lack of power?

ALSO, the room in which I have the drive in tends to see a fair amount of dust plenty of which has made its way onto (and into) the MyBook casing. Is it possible for dust to get inside the casing and ruin the drive?

Thanks for any input.

A:WD external clicks upon bootup, prevents XP load

It can be n issue with the USB plug
Yes dust can cause lots of issues
It's best to test it in another computer to confirm

But generally this sound is caused by a faulty harddrive itself

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-external-clicks-upon-bootup-prevents-xp-load.116903/
Relevancy 29.67%

Just wanted to stop in and on cursor bootup Blinking say hello Trying to get the hang of these forum sites I have a problem with my PC and this was the most comprehensive site I could find so I figured I would sign up and let the learning begin Not quite sure how all this works just yet but I ll figure it out soon enough Anyway I found a bigger Blinking cursor on bootup hd but no OS so I was gonna format Blinking cursor on bootup using WinXP and I accidentally plugged her into the master plug instead of slave and now Windows wont start I used ERD commander to check the contents of the drives and thankfully my data is still intact but when I try to boot I just get the blinking cursor Any ideas At first I thought it was a Windows problem but I borrowed a HD w Windows from a friend and got the same results I m thinking its just not opening the drive properly or something nbsp

A:Blinking cursor on bootup

Have a look here: Tutorial: No POST (Power On System Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blinking-cursor-on-bootup.116413/
Relevancy 29.67%

I started up an old computer today, to have it say 'Athlon XP 2800+, 1.83ghz'... then just sit there. if I tried setup it would detect one IDE drive, and that's it. I restarted many times and managed to get it to boot up. Seems a little unstable though... I only want to go inside it if I really have to, it's a pain getting the case back on and I don't have much time :evil: I have tested the drives and they're fine... any thoughts?

Athlon XP 2800+ 754 OC'ed to 1.83ghz, 10% increase
1GB stick of kingston
Maxtor ATA 20GB, Maxtor ATA 40GB, 30GB SATA (unknown make)
SiS something, award BIOS
6600GT
350w Hiper

Thanks, I'm lost here :rolleyes:
EDIT: wrong forum, damn...

A:Some really strange bootup problems

Kill the overclock and see what happens. Reset to BIOS defaults, see how it boots then. If it works fine, then start adding back what you had changed in the BIOS. You could also test your RAM.

After that, you'll want to open up the case and reseat everything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/some-really-strange-bootup-problems.115703/
Relevancy 23.22%

I wasn t sure where errors Help with to put this so here it goes Hey all I have been experiencing some problems with my computer including hardlocks and BSOD s Here is my system and list of current problems AMD X Help with errors Windsor GHz Dual Core Processor Windows Vista Home Premium bit GB DDR Ram Abit KN -SLI Motherboard Nvidia GeForce NX GT PCI Express x Watt Cooler Master Power Supply Help with errors I have been experiencing blue fatal error crashes and mini-dumps shortly after the World of Warcraft patch and more recently now just whenever im gaming any game but never recieve them during web-surfing etc I recieve errors IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL TO x A and x E I have recieved a few others that are not coming to my memory at this time This is what I have done I flashed my bios and put them back to factory settings and I have also ran a registry booster and repair fixing all registry problems I hope that I had I also ran memtest as well as windows diagnostic memory tool and found no errors as well as ran each stick of memory independantly and found them to run fine I ran my driver check tool and have updated every driver I could find including SATA network connections BIOS CHIPSET etc I have done all this and still found no error to my computers ways If anyone has any ideas please PLEASE help me This computer is my st born expensive child and its ill and needs attention oh also I found on a forum for ABIT even thouogh my Motherboard is freaking not old its already discontinued which means I can t get any new drivers fixes for it could this maybe be the hardware failure one of the BSOD s is refering to Also if anyone knows how to deteremine what piece of hardware is causing my issue please let me know Sorry so lengthy if you can please read and respond nbsp

A:Help with errors

It's your graphics card that needs attention, not everything else. Have you updated Vista to SP1? Have you gone to the Nvidia support website and downloaded the latest driver from there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-errors.115363/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello there 2.1 none? 1.0, RAM-errors, BIOS -> (BSODs) BIOS I ve been (BSODs) BIOS 1.0, RAM-errors, BIOS 2.1 -> none? having unpredictable BSOD s ever since I built this computer They aren t very frequent but since I ve had two over days I want to track this problem down System specifications CPU Intel Core Quad Motherboard Gigabyte EP C-DS R RAM Corsair Dominator PC x Harddrive Seagate Barracuda gb GFX XFX GT PSU Corsair W The initial problem started just after I ran the computer I had a BSOD so I can Memtest to check for errors I got heaps of them so (BSODs) BIOS 1.0, RAM-errors, BIOS 2.1 -> none? I updated the BIOS and to my great surprise all the errors seeemed to have disappeared Afterwards I ran my computer and had few BSOD s a month Just yesterday I realized my RAM were running V so I bumped them to V as recommended but I got another BSOD today which was only shown for second and the computer restarted compared to my usual ones being constant Code BugCheck F bab d Probably caused by Unknown Image ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE Old ones being Code BugCheck E c bfc f b bec b e Probably caused by nv disp dll nv disp c Code BugCheck E c e d a fca Probably caused by ntkrpamp exe nt NtQueryPerformanceCounter Code BugCheck E c b fb e Probably caused by nv disp dll nv disp c ab Now some of them point at the Nvidia driver After the first Nvidia BSOD I cleaned my drivers completely even Driver Cleaner Pro and updated to the newest drivers so I don t think it s a faulty driver problem It s very easy to conclude that it can be the GFX RAM motherboard CPU or PSU but seeing I can t afford to replace all this I need to find the exact culprit Thanks in advance - help is much appreciated nbsp

A:(BSODs) BIOS 1.0, RAM-errors, BIOS 2.1 -> none?

Update: Just today I noticed a faint "clicking" sound I believe is coming from the harddrive. It's probably just the usual sound of the harddrive, but it must've become louder since I can hear it.
Might a faulty harddrive be a part of it?

EDIT: For some reason this was only noticeable during the first 20-30 minutes of system uptime.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-bios-1-0-ram-errors-bios-2-1-none.114989/
Relevancy 22.79%

View attachment View attachment View attachment View attachment View attachment errors Many BSOD bug related I have so many bugs that it s not funny and this is even after re-installing XP and above is just of the minidumps and the rest are on the second comment System Pentium MHz Windows XP Home Edition Version service pack NVIDIA Graphics card gb RAM gb Hardrive I have had my computer for a while and working fine One day my computer started restarting automatically when playing high graphic games or doing multimedia so I re-installed the computer but still the things happened I haven t checked hardware yet with functionality or dust but I am in the process I Many bug BSOD related errors have no tweaked settings such as overclocking and I have no options in removing caching or shadowing in the BIOS To view the bug number I set my system recovery to not restart so the blue screen of death appears I have updated all my hardware to the latest drivers I have not had because Microsoft suggests that there can be a related errors to this with hardware I have tried many stuff on the web and nothing has fixed this Anti-virus software can be a cause of this but disabling it has made no difference and it is the latest version of the legal Trend Micro Crashes also when playing UT I have also run Chkdsk f r on command prompt and the windows ram test and they have shown that the RAM and NTFS system is fine I have not checked the temperature of my CPU and Graphics card because I need suggestions on the right software to use to check this and I have tried RAM testing software and everything has been fine This weekend I will re-install my computer from scratch so I can try any suggestions Bugs x e xc xf b a xba fa x x x x f d x f f x ad The browser has forced an election on network Device NetBT Tcpip EFBFE - - B- E - B FB E F because a master browser was stopped Sourced from event viewer and I use the latest version of Mozilla Firefox Error code parameter parameter f d parameter f f parameter ad Sourced from event viewer think this happened when playing Warcraft III System Information CONFLICTS SHARING I O Port x - x F PCI bus I O Port x - x F Direct memory access controller I O Port x C - x DF SIS Processor to AGP Controller I O Port x C - x DF NVIDIA GeForce IRQ Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System IRQ SCSI RAID Host Controller Memory Address xD - xDFFFFFFF SIS Processor to AGP Controller Memory Address xD - xDFFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce Memory Address xE - xE FFFFFF SIS Processor to AGP Controller Memory Address xE - xE FFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xA - xBFFFF SIS Processor to AGP Controller Memory Address xA - xBFFFF NVIDIA GeForce I O Port x B - x BB SIS Processor to AGP Controller I O Port x B - x BB NVIDIA GeForce I O x - x F PCI bus OK x - x F Direct memory access controller OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x Programmable interrupt controller OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x System timer OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard OK x - x System speaker OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x System CMOS real time clock OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x Direct memory access controller OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x F Direct memory access controller OK x A - x A Programmable interrupt controller OK x A - x BF Motherboard resources OK x C - x DF Direct memory access controller OK x E - x EF Motherboard resources OK x F - x FF Numeric data processor OK x - x Secondary IDE Channel OK x F - x F Primary IDE Channel OK x - x Standard Game Port OK x - x Standard Game Port OK x - x ISAPNP Read Data Port OK x - x ISAPNP Read Data Port OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x F - x FF Communications Port COM OK x - x MPU- Compatible MIDI Device OK x - x Secondary IDE Channel OK x - x F ECP Printer Port LPT OK x B - x BB SIS Processor to AGP Controller O... Read more

A:Many bug BSOD related errors

Try reloading your SIS motherboard drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's support website

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/many-bug-bsod-related-errors.114102/
Relevancy 30.1%

wen i start up my p c sometimes i get this error HARD DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK PRESS ENTER most pple say that theres somethin wron with the p c which i completely dissagree coz after this incident i opened the problem Bootup case and reput the cables on the motehrboard and it worked well then after few days the same error happened then i restarted the p c and went into the Bios and Bootup problem found out that the motherboard did not even detect that there was a hard disk then i switched off the p c unplugged the power cord and reput the Sata cables all over again now its working again this happens whenever i try to move the p c when its on incase of attaching some usb cables at the back of the c p u do u think its the contact of the power plug or Sata cable the same problem occured with my Sata dvd writer earlier the drive completely dissapeared from my computer then my technician said that there was a loose contact with the power cord i dont see how all devices could b loose somethin you should know my motherboard had gone in for a repair for overheating but now its working at a perfect temperature my harddisk is new and a month old seagates SATA the c p u starts up in an abnormal way it restarts wice then continues with the OS booting nbsp

A:Bootup problem

Motherboard fault on the Sata connectors
Suggest BenchTesting the Motherboard, and cleaning thoroughly (Remove Dust; and also use Contact Cleaner, then leave to dry)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bootup-problem.113863/
Relevancy 22.36%

Ok this computer s a few years memory screen errors, Blue troubleshooting old and last year I bought new ram for it and it worked fine for the past year or so Here s some Blue screen memory errors, troubleshooting info on the computer and the ram I m new so I can t post the actual link but the web address is below You ll have to copy and paste it h www hp com ewfrf wc document cc us amp docname c amp dlc en amp lc Blue screen memory errors, troubleshooting en amp jumpid reg R USEN N Crucial Ballistix PC ddr MB x part is BL Z on the modules but it doesn t appear on their website anymore Recently I started getting automatic restarts when I might be playing games or such I disabled those so I could see what the blue screens said and I ve seen varieties though past the error in general there wasn t anything to identify source of the error The errors are DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Troubleshooting I did some disk checks and scan disks from a recovery dos prompt and scanning at bootup I believe these did find and correct some errors but that didn t alleviate the problem so I thought maybe the ram was at fault I got a memtest boot CD made and it was detecting some errors on each slot but two seemed to have more than others so I removed those two ram dimms and tested again Errors still occurred but not in great frequency I realized when I switched the chips with the other ones I still got errors but again not with great frequency I began to wonder if I was doing things right and so I got Windows Memory Diagnostic and made a boot cd with that hoping it would be easier to interpret Windows Memory Diagnostic was simple enough it picked up fewer numbers of errors but I noticed that if I ran with all the chips in I got about errors failed tests in the extended test mode over hours - it keeps testing till you stop it I took out one module from the last slot and ran the tests again and got nothing in the first hours I thought maybe I identified the bad module so I stopped it and switched it with the memory module in its paired slot and ran it again I m getting no errors again If that module I switched back in were bad shouldn t it have created errors again I m beginning to wonder if the memory slot is dying Is it possible the the last memory slot is just dead dying and that the memory is fine nbsp

A:Blue screen memory errors, troubleshooting

What are your systems specs? Motherboard? OS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-memory-errors-troubleshooting.113661/
Relevancy 29.24%

I m no ASUS new P5B, with drive to bootup an Problems having a mess of problems with my computer and was hoping someone could help me out of my current situation My old hard drive recently failed it was a gig IDE Western Digital Heard the headers clicking and knew it was done for so I got everything off to an external USB drive and went Problems with an ASUS P5B, no bootup to new drive and picked up a new gig SATA hard drive another Western Digital maybe should have learned my lesson Hooked up the new SATA and just can t get things right Right now i m trying to get it to boot off my ide cd drive so i can install windows xp on the new hard drive I get the message quot Detect drives done no any drives found quot I disable the Jmicron settings in the bios and that message goes away but i still get quot Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media quot Everything shows up in the bios the hard drive and the cd drive are there to be selected in the boot sequence Ive tried another CD drive with no luck and have tried changing the jumpers on the cd drive but it doesn t seem to help The only thing that worked was powering off the cd drive disconnecting the ide cable reconnecting it and turning back on it would let me boot up to the windows cd but something would go wrong fairly quickly after that trouble copying files usually The CD is fine brand new almost I really need help ive got a paper due monday and haven t even started it MB Asus P B CPU Intel core duo ghz CD Drive Toshiba something Just a cheap generic drive has never given me problems HD Western Digital gb SATA no operating system on it GPU Nvidia nbsp

A:Problems with an ASUS P5B, no bootup to new drive

It sounds like you need to install the SATA/RAID controller drivers while you are installing Windows on the SATA HDD. You will need a floppy drive and diskette to install the SATA/RAID drivers via the F6 prompt early in the Windows setup process. BTW, this applies to Windows XP. You didn't say what the OS was. Anyway, you should consult your motherboard manual for the procedure for making the SATA driver diskette if your motherboard did not come with SATA/RAID floppies. It's not always a matter of copying and pasting the files.

If you don't have a floppy drive, you can make a slipsteam CD and install Windows that way. Google for the process for making a slipstream CD. Basically, you combine your Windows CD with the SATA/RAID drivers to make the installation CD, then you can avoid the F6 diskette issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-an-asus-p5b-no-bootup-to-new-drive.112986/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all I m new to this forum and really need some help with a problem I keep errors screen/Read Blue getting with my brand new system I keep getting a blue screen error randomly maybe once every couple of days IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x A x x x x E The other thing i ve noticed is that whenever I copy things to my hard drive install a game or download programs i keep getting errors saying files are corrupt or cannot be found Even if i install a game from the original CD which i know works on another computer it fails For instance i installed Call Of duty four skipping the files it could install and when i try Blue screen/Read errors to load some levels it Blue screen/Read errors fails while others its fine I m not sure if these would be linked i would assume they are I have dump files but when i downloaded the debugger from microsoft the installer told me one of the cab files from the download are corrupt I ve also done several formats and tried RAID the same trouble occur My best guess is that the RAM is too fast or too substantial for XP to handle and when the drivers and windows were installed there were errors Here is my new computers specs CPU Q Intel quad RAM x GB DDR Mhz G-Skill Mobo Asus P Q Deluxe Wi-fi Graphics Nvidia GT Gigabyte HDD X GB Sata seagate Case Antec Sonata W Op System XP Pro with SP If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated Thank You Chris nbsp

A:Blue screen/Read errors

using XP 64 bits or 32 bits?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-read-errors.112789/
Relevancy 22.79%

I've been getting blue screen errors a lot for the last month or so. Driving me a little crazy to be honest. Would anyone mind taking a look at the attatched minidumps to see what might be wrong?

mobo: msi p6n diamond
processor: intel core 2 duo e4600
graphics card: nvidia gforce 880gt

A:Recurring Blue Screen Errors

Inside the 4 MiniDumps:

First Minidump, could not be read

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 8054b0ba, b6bb0ba4, 0}
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 8054bfd2, b53a6350, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 8054b168, b60bf430, 0}
Probably caused by : Pool_CorruptionClick to expand...

Please Run Memtest for 7 Passes on your Ram

Confirm all Motherboard (Computer's) Drivers are up to date

Remove any Virtual Software (like virtual Drives) Sometimes even certain AntiVirus softwares can cause these issues

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recurring-blue-screen-errors.111637/
Relevancy 21.93%

Troubleshoot XP File Printer Sharing Part of Network Access Errors v Windows File and File Access Errors Printer and Sharing Troubleshoot XP Guide: Printer Sharing Guide: Troubleshoot XP File and Printer Sharing Access Errors FPS must be configured for a mix-and-match of machines components options This guide helps troubleshoot XP File Sharing visibility and access problemsVisibility Errors Some of your computers can t see find all others on your Windows Network Access Errors A user can t connect to or is denied from using a remote resource This guide has parts Part troubleshoots most visibility issues Part explains troubleshoots Computer Browser Service which may also cause visibility issues Part this post troubleshoots access errors NOTES Windows FPS access may simply work but if not there are many variables involved This is my best shot at pulling what I know of them together but your results may vary This guide is XP specific tho many things to look for apply to Vista as well OVERVIEW File Sharing Authentication and AcccessFile Sharing uses a client server model to control shared access User logs on to their computer client and requests a resource on server The server request includes the user s credentials userid and password Server authenticates client credentials and checks them against system policies Once client completes a network logon to server a session is established Logon account privileges apply A single computer can be both a client and server if it requests resources of others while offering its own XP provides two methods of file sharing gt Simple File Sharing SFS and Classic File Sharing CFS gt XP Home only allows SFS XP Pro allows choice of either gt Click for illustrated basic examples of SFS Setup and CFS Setup XP file sharing uses two authentication methods Guest Authentication Server authenticates everyone as Guest regardless of userid It checks policy for Guest logon rights and attempts logon using id Guest and the password found in credentials more on Guest On success Guest account privileges apply Authentication fails if Guest account disabled Server policy denies Guest or anonymous net logon Guest account is password protected and credentials don t match the password User Authentication Server authenticates on a per-user basis It checks user logon right and attempts logon with user s credentials On success logon account privileges apply Authentication fails if Server policy denies userid net logon No server account matches id password credentials Server account has no password when server policy requires one CHECKLIST gt Verify each item value is value to assign for testing Restore current value once all works gt Create a View Workgroups shortcut In Explorer rt click MyNetworkPlaces- gt Explore- gt Entire Network Drag Microsoft Windows Network to Desktop Open to view workgroupsSystem SettingsVerify clients see all servers On each computer click View Workgroups shortcut gt If all servers aren t visibile must fix networking visibility issues before proceeding Stop frequent system logon On each computer Open Explorer click Tools- gt Folder Options- gt View gt Scroll to Automatically Search for NetworkFolders Uncheck User Account Settings If you re restricting access by gt Userid server must use CFS Users require accounts on both client and server with matching id password gt Guest SFS or CFS if server Guest account is password protected clients must send matching passwords gt For initial testing will be easier if no passwords on user or Guest accountsActivate every account net user xxxx active yes where xxxx is a userid or Guest Set matching passwords Initially no passwords gt Enter control userpasswords gt Select user click Reset Password Enter password Hit Enter for no password Policy SettingsUser Logon Policies Guest must have network logon rights Download Win Resource Kit Use ntrights to grant or revoke logon rights Works on all versions XP and VistaSet logon rights for Guest and Everyone Copy pas... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/guide-troubleshoot-xp-file-and-printer-sharing-access-errors.111495/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey just seeing if anyone can give me any further advice here. While playing some video games my computer has been crashing recently. I'm getting the Mini081608-01.dmp and sysdata.xml errors. I've tried updating, rolling back, and cleaning the drivers to no avail. I've done all the anti-virus scans as well as other spyware, trojans, worms, etc. scans. The video card is an ATI Radeon 9600 Series. I'm pretty sure the video card is just done, but I was hoping someone might know something I've missed. Thanks in advance!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-mini081608-01-dmp-and-sysdata-xml-errors.110526/
Relevancy 29.67%

My laptop has recently had bootup problems Its like this I turn the laptop on nothing screen doesnt come on then it might do that a second time I turn it on again and now windows is kind of running okay bit unstable and the integrated keyboard Bootup Spontaneous problems and mouse wont work I have to use an alternative mouse to shut it down It might do that like two times as well Then finally after numerous bootups it works absolutely fine there are possible causes that i can think of The first is a possibiliy of the mains adapter i used in california Im from Spontaneous Bootup problems UK you see A different voltage over here that might have messed it up then again that might be completely ridiculous i dont know the second possibility is a recent update to windows that i intalled seemed to conveniently coincide with the start of this problem any help on this would be awesome as the noew school years starts in september and i dont wanna have to buy a new laptop just yet thanks in advance nbsp

A:Spontaneous Bootup problems

Have you tried to boot Windows in safe mode? Just to see if that works.

When it comes up fine have you checked for Viruses, etc...? Also, run the built in error-checking utility for your HDD.

You could also try to do a repair of Windows if you the XP CD with you.

Other than that you'll probably have to Wipe your HDD and start from scratch.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/spontaneous-bootup-problems.110027/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi I am in the process of doing a clean re-install of Windows XP for Home on my PC I have hard drives c gb Maxtor SATA drive - bootable with Windows seeing Hard - Problems, drive new not Bootup Drive hard Help Windows required Options XP existing Windows install d gb Maxtor IDE drive Hard Drive Bootup Problems, Help required - Windows not seeing new hard drive Options - non bootable data drive g gb Maxtor IDE drive - bootable with the clean install of Windows XP for home on it Windows is not seeing all the sizes quite right yet but I will tackle that when I have solved Hard Drive Bootup Problems, Help required - Windows not seeing new hard drive Options this major problem that follows If I boot from the C drive - I have no problems at all Windows will see all the different drives as it should do I can access them all and they all work fine When I come to boot the clean install on drive G windows changes the drive letters - G becomes C D remains as D but the gb Maxtor SATA drive isn t Hard Drive Bootup Problems, Help required - Windows not seeing new hard drive Options seen at all and might as well not exist Disk Management within Windows is no help as it can t see the drive Maxtor software MaxBlast is also no help as it can t see the drive on this install either I have checked and rechecked the BIOS but have pretty much discounted any issues here as it clearly shows all drives and all drives are listed on boot up It s just when Windows kicks in that I have the problem I guess it s a simple setting somewhere but I am pulling out what little hair I have left trying to think what it is - so any ideas would be very gratefully received Thanks in advance and kind regards Stuart nbsp

A:Hard Drive Bootup Problems, Help required - Windows not seeing new hard drive Options

Hi
This is what I would do to enhance performance and storage strategy:

1. Use the 20g for the os and housekeeping utes such as av, spyware, etc only, nothing else goes on that drive.
2. Use the 160g for apps installs.
3. Use the 200g for data.

This might get you past the bios/firmware/os/drive letter issue and make better use of the drives. The 20 isn't really good for storage anymore, but would be great for an os/system ute drive. It's performance is less than the other drives, but that's ok, most of the os will stay in ram anyway after boot, you won't make any real diff having a faster os drive.
You might want to place a pagefile on each drive so pageing can occur concurrently too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-bootup-problems-help-required-windows-not-seeing-new-hard-drive-options.34935/
Relevancy 21.93%

Well, my problem is a strange but persistent one. It appears my PC WILL boot and start but right after the microsoft loading bar, the monitor goes pitch black and stays off and I'm not sure if the PC is on but it lights up as if it were but won't do a thing.

Now, I've tried everything Vista has to cure this (Startup Repair could not diagnose ANY problems). What is the deal here?

Any help, especially quick and urgent would be appreciated as I NEED this laptop for work,

A:Compaq Presario F700 w/ Vista boot errors?

Hi

your monitor isnt supporting the refresh rate or screen size selected, you will need to start in safe mode and set it to 640X480 and then reboot back into normal mode.

If this doesnt cure it start it safe mode and use device manager to remove the video card, reboot and let Vista refind it, you may need to update the driver.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-presario-f700-w-vista-boot-errors.106883/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a lap top computer that is set up to my home computer. It used to be able to print but it all of a sudden stopped printing and the error message says... windows cannot printy due to a problem with the current printer setup. Try one of the following *check the printer by priniting a test page from windows (which when tried it comes up with this error message...printer properties cannot be displayed. The prin spooler is not running)
*make sure the printer is turned on * reinstall the printer driver (again when this was done the print spooler not running came up)

I have been told it a possible print spooler corruption, becasue when you go to the area where you can stop and start print spooler it is already on and says it is started.

HELP Please I need this for my school work
Thanks

A:Printing errors specifically printer spooler not running

Did you try restarting it anyway under Control Panel, Administrative Tools, then Services and Print Spooler. My setup requires this about once per year.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-errors-specifically-printer-spooler-not-running.71178/
Relevancy 23.22%

We have been getting an annoying issue for awhile now when users log in. They will get a series of SoundMax error messages that pop up in a row. The messages are:f

Soundmax, Error extracting support files.
Access is denied.
Setup failed to run installation.
The system cannot find the specified file.

We are using HP desktops and laptops running windowx xp sp2. I have searched all over and not found any reference to these errors. Has anyone else seen this and have a solution to it?

A:SoundMax errors

Go to the HP Support website and donwload and install the latest audio driver for the laptops model. You might consider updating XP to SP3. It is available from the Windows (Microsoft) Update site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-errors.106475/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi All;

From time to time on my XP Home SP2 machine I get a "TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts." warning.

I've read the MS Help and Support info, do not have a virus or malware as was suggested in the article and I tried the cmd line: netstat -no proceedure to no avail.

It's not the end of the world and my dsl has no other issues.

I can live with it, but wonder you know of a work-around.

Certainly appreciate any help.

A:Tcpip Warning in Event Viewer/System

Concurrent Session usually are found in your browser or a Torrent client application.
Limits on them are imposed to ensure your system does not drown and lockup due
to excessive connections from ONE application.

Reaching the limit is non-fatal; ie the programs should continue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tcpip-warning-in-event-viewer-system.106349/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a new custom computer The problem When I try turning on the power the computer does not turn on fully but instead everything turns on for a second and shuts off - I tried disconnecting everything and plugging it back Surprisngly the computer worked and turn on fully But when I disconnect the power plug and plug it back and turn it on the computer does same thing Turns on and shuts down - I assumed something was wrong with the power suply I noticed that the power supply had a voltage switch to change the amount of voltage I live in canada so I switched it to v however Bootup Voltage Computer :S! Affecting Switch when i press the power the computer did not turn on I switched it to v or soemthing around there and the computer TURNS ON BUT I noticed that the mouse and output screen had no power flowwing through While it was running i switched it back to v and the mouse and screen worked The only way to get my computer turned on Voltage Switch Affecting Computer Bootup :S! is to do the same thing switching voltage on the hours ago - days left to answer Additional Details hours ago power supply Do you think it is becuz of the powersupply or motherboard If it is becuz of the Motherboard do you think i need to change it The motherboard is working fine when it is on The power supply is v it is enoguh to run my computer S nbsp

A:Voltage Switch Affecting Computer Bootup :S!

congrats - you fried your system.
NEVER, change the voltage switch on the PSU to a voltage that is NOT your mains voltage. To do so can short and fry your system. If you're lucky, you have a fuse in your PSU - all you need to do is replace the PSU, if not, you have an expensive paperweight.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/voltage-switch-affecting-computer-bootup-s.105962/
Relevancy 53.32%

My problem started when I upgraded my computer to an Intel C2D, 2GB Corsair DDR2 Memory, Windows XP Pro, two Liteon LH-20A1S SATA DVDRW's, EVGA nForce680i video and Viewsonic flat screen all running on a EVGA NF680i S775 Mother Board.

Sometimes the machine freezes, sometimes not. The error message is: Source: atapi, Type Error Event ID 9, Description: "The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort7, did not respond within the timeout period". (At times I get Event 15 error)

I suspect it has something to do with the two Liteon DVDRW's I have.

Would anyone know if this is a known problem? I have the latest video drivers.

Thanks,

Alex

A:Atapi Error Event ID 9 freezes computer

do you have a good driver? Did you update the drivers recently? If so roll back to the previous working driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atapi-error-event-id-9-freezes-computer.89407/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi,

I have win a Dell X300 from ebay auction

when i use to bootup from hard drive there's a message displays: Operating System Not Found

I press F12 for bootup from HDD nothing changes.. (HDD is already windows xp installed, i tried it on another laptop, it works)

Do you know why is that?

Should i get into bios?
When i get into bios System Disabled: #14598

Computer has not any service tag

PLS HELPME

Thanks in advance

A:Dell X300 Bootup Problem

You created a new thread
But it's best to reply to HP / Dell / etc. Laptop password help (April - June 2008)

By clicking HERE (and posting again)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-x300-bootup-problem.104611/
Relevancy 22.79%

Well, this is the 2nd hard drive I have put on my new computer, and it is having the same problems as the first. It tends to make an odd clicking noise, followed by a hum, as if it is turning on and off continuously. These noises are normally accompanied by the computer "skipping." It would freeze for a while, and recover itself. I have also been getting the unmountable boot volume blue screen when trying to boot windows. Using the repair console is not working, gets stuck at around 50% with the chkdsk /r command. An earlier 250 GB hard drive was having similar problems, except when it would click, it would simply crash. I am beginning to think that this is more of a motherboard problem than simply bad luck with hard drives. I have a MSI KT4V mainboard.

Any suggestions or ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unmountable-boot-volume-and-other-errors.103504/
Relevancy 29.67%

Good afternoon all First the system I am working on is pretty much this one here http www memoryexpress com Products PID-MX ME aspx Except running the GT instead of the GT The system has always been a little quirky but the other day the booting sequence displayed BOOTMGR was missing It wouldn t have been too difficult to deal with except that the primary user had changed the BIOS password and promptly forgotten it and subsequently the boot order could not be modified To Blank Bootup on Screen reset these settings we removed the system battery and let the charge dissipate overnight but in the morning neither of the monitors would display well anything The system comes on and sounds as though its operating properly although it doesn t look as though it processes very much before as of course I imagine it still doesn t have the BOOTMGR to run I ve checked for loose connections dirty leads and removed all non-essential components HDs drives cards etc for even just getting into the Pheonix bios but neither monitor works on it and yet works properly with Blank Screen on Bootup other computers These were mostly just precautions to ensure that it wasnt one of these that affected it I haven t had much luck with it since It still isn t functioning Anyone else have some insight nbsp

A:Blank Screen on Bootup

Have you tried putting your hard drive in as a slave drive in another computer then sorting out the bootmgr from there, might do the trick.
Also when you took the cards out have you checked to see your video card is ok?
Might be something to look at if it can run in one of your other pc's to see what happens with it.
Also, if you go to the manufacturer of your motherboard and download the users manual for it, this will tell you how to access your bios and remove the password even when you don't know it.
Hope this is of use to you.
David

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-screen-on-bootup.102838/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello recently I have purchased new RAM. new Purchased problem Bootup RAM memory for a little extra oompf My computer is an emachines t ati radeon xpress chipset and a D GGC intel Purchased new RAM. Bootup problem motherboard Purchased new RAM. Bootup problem The computer runs stock with x mb gb ddr sdram mhz pc in its only available slots I just recently purchased x gb gb ddr sdram mhz pc sticks to Purchased new RAM. Bootup problem upgrade and when i remove both of the prior ram sticks x mb gb ddr sdram mhz pc and replace them with the new ones x gb gb ddr sdram mhz pc my computer will not boot up I have tried this with stick of the mhz pc ram However when i use a combination of stick of ddr sdram mhz pc with another of gb ddr sdram mhz pc it will boot up and detect the memory increase i e mb I was wondering if it was because of my mobo bus speed of mhz requires the mhz pc ram to be in in order to boot which would allow it to then further detect the mhz pc ram and then drop it to the required frequency Is there a way that I could adjust my mobo to default at mhz so that I could use both of my gb mhz pc sticks and attain the gb memory that I wished for Would this harm my computer When researching my mobo the standard frequencies WERE indeed and Any help would be much appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Purchased new RAM. Bootup problem

post ONCE per forum. You have already asked this question. Your answer is already in the guides forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/purchased-new-ram-bootup-problem.102883/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello recently I have purchased new RAM memory for a little extra oompf My computer is an emachines t ati radeon xpress chipset and a D GGC intel motherboard The computer runs stock with x mb gb ddr sdram mhz pc in its only available slots I just recently purchased x gb gb ddr sdram mhz pc sticks to upgrade and when i Please problem. new Help RAM. Bootup Purchased remove both of the prior ram sticks x mb gb ddr sdram mhz pc and replace them with Purchased new RAM. Bootup problem. Please Help the new ones x gb gb ddr sdram mhz pc my computer will not boot up I have tried this with stick Purchased new RAM. Bootup problem. Please Help of the mhz pc ram However when Purchased new RAM. Bootup problem. Please Help i use a combination of stick of ddr sdram mhz pc with another of gb ddr sdram mhz pc it will boot up and detect the memory increase i e mb I was wondering if it was because of my mobo bus speed of mhz requires the mhz pc ram to be in in order to boot which would allow it to then further detect the mhz pc ram and then drop it to the required frequency Is there a way that I could adjust my mobo to default at mhz so that I could use both of my gb mhz pc sticks and attain the gb memory that I wished for Would this harm my computer When researching my mobo the standard frequencies WERE indeed and Any help would be much appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Purchased new RAM. Bootup problem. Please Help

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic65114.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/purchased-new-ram-bootup-problem-please-help.102882/
Relevancy 22.79%

My system is pretty ok for the games i run I mostly play rpg like world of warcraft and occasinally counter strike So the problem started around last week I shut off my system like i always do at night and wake up the next morning I start up world of warcraft play it for about - min then it sunddenly closes I get this error from a program i use called xfire its a IM program with Restarts errors Computer used for gaming So i turn off xfire and restart world of warcraft I play for another - min then Computer Restarts with errors i get the windows Computer Restarts with errors error saying that wow exe has encountered a problem So i once again start it up and - min later my computer just shuts off This happens every time i play a game it either starts off with a error then shuts down Or my computer just restarts Im pretty sure its not over heating becuase my temps look fine and ive never had a over heating problem before This sometimes happens when im watching vidoes on firefox also Please help with this situation with any advice Thanks nbsp

A:Computer Restarts with errors

No i dont get the blue screen
and im not sure if it is malware
i scan with Ad-Aware and Spybot and it seems to be fine
my specs are :

Intel pentuim 4 2.6~2.7 ghz
2 Corsair 512mb ( 1g) ram
Raptor 160gb 10000rpm hard drive ( i think )
ATI radeon 9550 256mb AGP
MSI 7060 motherboard
Creative sound blaster live 24bit sound card

The error says Microsoft has encountered a problem with WoW.exe or watevr game im playing , and then the options are send or dont send error. After that my computer just restarts

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-with-errors.101627/
Relevancy 29.24%

I am building a PC, my first, and all went well on the installation. The CPU (Intel Quad 6700), mobo (nForce 680iLT), memory (2 gig), hard drive (Hitachi SATA), and DVD were all part of a "kit" from TigerDirect.

When I turn it on, after it has been sitting for a while, it will last about 35 seconds and get to bios configuration okay, but then shuts down. If I turn it back on as soon as it shuts off, it lasts 10, 8, 7, 6 secs progressively. I then waited a minute and did it again and it lasted 22 and 9 secs in successive attempts.

Any ideas?
Thanks

A:Newly built PC shutting down on bootup

All fans running

Yes, your assumptions are correct and all fans are spinning fine, including the CPU fan.

What is the thermal compound?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-built-pc-shutting-down-on-bootup.101151/
Relevancy 29.24%

I am building a PC, my first, and all went well on the installation. The CPU (Intel Quad 6700), mobo (nForce 680iLT), memory (2 gig), hard drive (Hitachi SATA), and DVD were all part of a "kit" from TigerDirect.

When I turn it on, after it has been sitting for a while, it will last about 35 seconds and get to bios configuration okay, but then shuts down. If I turn it back on as soon as it shuts off, it lasts 10, 8, 7, 6 secs progressively. I then waited a minute and did it again and it lasted 22 and 9 secs in successive attempts.

Any ideas?
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-built-pc-shuts-down-on-bootup.101152/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi there I have this hp pavilion ze laptop that won t boot up I have tried the following but still won t boot Remove battery--remove DC plug--reset Laptop bootup Pavilion problem ez4900 HP the laptop using a reset switch it has on the bottom--put battery back--plug the DC cord--turn laptop ON At this point it turns ON I can see the power light is ON but no HP Pavilion Laptop ez4900 bootup problem signal on the screen no nothing Then I reset the RAM memory module and reseated the HDD After that I repeated step above and NOTHING black screen power light ON DC light ON HDD activity light OFF I also realized that the CPU fan spins for a few seconds when I switch the laptop ON then it stops Now I have run out of choices since there is no way I can use the F key HP Pavilion Laptop ez4900 bootup problem to check the BIOS settings Can someone PLEASE help HP Pavilion Laptop ez4900 bootup problem me with this issue NOTE The Laptop was previously working fine it just stopped booting one day just like that Thanks in advance osmany nbsp

A:HP Pavilion Laptop ez4900 bootup problem

Remove the battery and the AC adaptor. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds and release it. Reinstall the battery and the AC adaptor and see if the laptop boots. If it still does nothing, the motherboard might be blown

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-laptop-ez4900-bootup-problem.100618/
Relevancy 30.1%

I am replacing Two IDE Hard drives and putting in One Sata drive now the board that i have does have Sata plugs, But when I boot th computer get the below error

VERifying DMI Pool Data

Now once i gets there is just sits there and doesnt moveat all , now I've tried resetting it and everything like that and I can't get it to go further.

A:Bootup Error

It cannot find the harddrive.

Confirm that one harddrive is securely connected (at motherboard and at the drive)
If IDE (ATA) confirm drive set to CS (cable select on harddrive jumper)
If Sata confirm Sata is enabled in CMOS (DEL or F2 or another key at startup, to enter CMOS)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bootup-error.99081/
Relevancy 53.32%

My desktop is a Dell Dimension c and lately I couldn t start Dimesion 4600c Event Thermal Dell it The orange light on the power button is blinking and nothing happens when I press it And at times when it would power on I get a previous shutdown due to thermal event message until recently it wouldn t start anymore Most of the times it wouldn t start is probably because of the air conditioner The air blows directly to Dell Dimesion 4600c Thermal Event the computer and it gets real cold So last time when it won t start I had to use a hairdryer to heat it up or put it out in the sun But that doesn t seem to work anymore So my question is is something wrong with the fan or the power supply P s I don t know if this is the place to post this I really don t take care of my computer so let s forget about that Your suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated my location is Malaysia and the average room temperature is degrees celcius nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-dimesion-4600c-thermal-event.98806/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi , i am running a windows server 2k3 with sp2 and server is getting rebooted with event id 1001 :The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0x80000003, 0xe0872e04, 0xf187f9c4, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini020808-03.dmp.

and also i am getting event id 1003 : Error code 1000008e, parameter1 80000003, parameter2 e0872e04, parameter3 f1aff9c4, parameter4 00000000.

in the logs may this also be related to same issue.
Could anyone help me figuring out the cause of this. whether it is due to any driver or hardware failure. I am also attaching a dump files along with the thread.
Pls help me with the resolution asap. thanks

A:Event ID 1001: server rebooting from bugcheck

Pls reply asap i need help urgently thanks

I need to get it resolve very soon . pls help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-id-1001-server-rebooting-from-bugcheck.98680/