Windows Support Forum

How to disable in the registry Desktop Window Manager Session Manager

Q: How to disable in the registry Desktop Window Manager Session Manager

As i said it in the title i would like to know how to disable it in windows 7 by using the REGISTRY? Thank you.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to disable in the registry Desktop Window Manager Session Manager

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to disable in the registry Desktop Window Manager Session Manager

Hello repair,

You could use OPTION FOUR in the tutorial below to disable the UxSms (Desktop Window Manager Session Manager) service.

Services - Start or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362464-how-disable-registry-desktop-window-manager-session-manager.html
Relevancy 82.77%

Hello all,

I am been trying to fix an issue on my girlfriend's computer. Ever since I removed a malware infection she had, the computer was doing the following: taskbar turns grey and internet stops working. Thinking this was still a malware issue, I posted in that section of the website (see link below). I have since been cleared of malware, but we have determined that the issue is related to the Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager and WLAN AutoConfig, both of which are set to start to automatically start when booting, but seem to be crashing. My taskbar goes back to normal and the internet works once I manually start these services.

Removed Win 7 AntiSpyware - other issues after rebooting

Lenovo IdeaPad Y460 (0633)
windows 7 home premium

Thanks,
Anthony

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/desktop-windows-manager-session-manager-and-wlan-autoconfig-services-issues-619341.html
Relevancy 82.46%

Hello So basically my windows Aero theme is not working I can change to different themes and they change the background and sounds but I cannot change the color of my windows color When I click on the quot Window Color quot from the Personalization option in Task Manager it does not give me the regular option to change the window color and transparency I get a pop-out screen that says quot Window Color and Appearance quot and changing the color from there does not do anything I have read other places and tried to restart the quot Themes quot option in the Services exe but that does not help Both the quot Themes quot and quot Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager Windows Desktop working not properly Manager quot are started and run from the startup However when I restart the quot Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager quot it fixes the problem only for Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager not working properly a couple of seconds but Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager not working properly reverts back to the broken problem The color will change to what it's suppose to be but change right back I have a AMD Sapphire video card so I know it supports w e features Windows has I have the latest drivers from AMD and everything else works fine but this problem has persisted for a while now Is this a hardware problem Also This only happens when I startup my computer If I restart my computer after I see that the problem is there Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager not working properly then the problem will be fixed and the Aero Theme is fine Please advise on what I can do to fix this problem

A:Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager not working properly

Anybody out there have a clue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/294334-desktop-windows-manager-session-manager-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 95.03%

i want a program or a way to only me can access the command promt and registry and task maanager for example set password for them?is there a way?

A:disable registry and cmd and task manager

If you want to make it only accessible by your user account Follow this link
AppLocker - Create New Rules
I use it myself

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/248713-disable-registry-cmd-task-manager.html
Relevancy 91.59%

hello everyone
my pc task manager, registry editor, safe mode is disable they shows "task manager is disable by administrative". And my antivirus and firewall also stop working .i tried to scan with avast inernet security using another window they show virus in all exe and moved all to virus chest and this virus attack also harm my another window
here is my hijack log file attached
anyone help please...........

A:task manager,registry editor and safe mode disable

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398043/task-managerregistry-editor-and-safe-mode-disable/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi I have problem with session manager's session files The problem is The submitted storage data from firefox the Problem because invalid data session of session with files storage manager's which is put between quot storage quot and its matching closing brace But in some of my session files there is non equal and under storage's braces I need to get storage data but in my case it is very hard to do programmatically because finding quot storage quot 's matching brace is impossible because of the non equal and in storage data My question is there any character put before or after and like or to avoid confusion If there is not such thing I think there could be different solution but i am not sure I look couple of my session files after quot storage quot there is quot formDataSaved quot so i can get storage data in this example by looking between quot storage quot and Problem with session manager's session files because of the invalid storage data quot formDataSaved quot easily Is there every time quot formDataSaved quot after quot storage quot like Code quot storage quot quot formDataSaved quot true Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/problem-with-session-managers-session-files-because-of-the-invalid-storage-data-582577.html
Relevancy 89.87%

my computer does not allow me to open task manager system restore or change change,system and slow manager, down registry shut restore, also task disable the registry My computer is the administrator but it say disable by administrator Also every time i try to shut down my computer it take more than Minuit before it shows up the shutdown option last problem is that when i download programs like disable registry change,system restore, and task manager, also slow shut down real player the computer does not allow me to accept the license agreement I'm running windows XP Pro SP here's my log Deckard's System Scanner v Run by HP Administrator on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- HijackThis run as HP Administrator exe ------------------------------------ Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files DISC DISCover exe C Program Files DISC DiscUpdateMgr exe C Program Files Sonic DigitalMedia Plus DigitalMedia Archive DMAScheduler exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files DISC DiscGui exe C WINDOWS system ElkCtrl exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Vpskeys vpskeys exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohClient exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files DISC DiscStreamHub exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exe c PROGRA mcafee msc mcuimgr exe c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Vpskeys VPSKEYS EXE C Documents and Settings HP Administrator Desktop dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK HP ADM EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Mai... Read more

A:disable registry change,system restore, and task manager, also slow shut down

can i get some help with this? thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/disable-registry-change-system-restore-and-task-manager-also-slow-shut-down-272350.html
Relevancy 87.72%

After the last window's update on Dec th failed my computer behaves strangely I tried to restore window's and network task open not not can Can shut down manager/ update/ manager the system to before the update but now I can not open window's update In normal mode the window update window freezes when opened In safe mode window update does not even open Also my task manager does not open in normal mode A taskmanager icon appears on the system tray but Can not open window's update/ task manager/ network manager and can not shut down the task manager does not show up Also the wireless network manager freezes when I try to access it in normal mode The system takes longer than usual to load in normal mode The system also frequently crashes while starting up in normal mode only a blank screen with a mouse arrow in the middle appears When I shut the computer down it freezes in log out screen so I have to manually shut it down The defragment also will not run There is serveral cases of service hang report in my problem log involving Nlasvc SstpSvc WinHttpAutoProxySvc I'm sure I don't have any malware in my system left since I checked it through the virus removal hijackthis forum as well as multiple virus scans still the problem persist

A:Can not open window's update/ task manager/ network manager and can not shut down

Hi boman,

Some questions:

You said you are sure you don't have any malware left. Did you have malware? And did you have malware when you tried to do the update which wasn't sucessful?

Do you have a cd with your computer?

Which Antivirus program are you using?

Zllio

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193127/can-not-open-windows-update-task-manager-network-manager-and-can-not-shut-down/
Relevancy 87.72%

So just recently my Aero effects have stopped working, I can't change the transparency or window color, and my dwm is not even running or listed in the services as you can see in the picture.

I've tried running the aero trouble shooter and it says DWM is disabled and the service isn't running.

The themes service is running and automatic. I've tried net stop uxsms and net start uxsms, and it says the service name is invalid. I've also tried multiple system restores' before and after updates. I'm not sure if this is the problem or not but Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB976932) won't install either, I've tried System Repair and Clean start up then manually installing it but it won't work.

If I do net stop uxsms it says "The service name is invalid.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2185."

A:Desktop Window Manager Gone

Are your graphics drivers up to date?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/194463-desktop-window-manager-gone.html
Relevancy 87.72%

OS Windows Vista Home Premium Dual Core Intel Ghz GB Ram NVIDIA GeForce GS Graphics Card Start button shutdown amp restart no longer function Taskbar amp Desktop Manager Window Desktop icons Desktop Window Manager display but no longer function In addition to the following event ID also received ID I ve never had this problem Desktop Window Manager before amp don t know what Desktop Window Manager caused it this time other than what s listed in event How do I correct this Thanks Log Name Application Source Desktop Window Manager Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Information Keywords Classic User N A Computer Joy-PC Description A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Desktop Window Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Joy-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-window-manager.689747/
Relevancy 87.29%

I recently setup a new Windows machine brand new Skylake build and swapped the displays from my old machine to the new machine and started working on the old machine via RDP as I migrate things slowly What I found by trial and error is that usually I dwm.exe use Desktop Remote / very sluggish after Window client Desktop gets Manager within minutes of using Remote Desktop Desktop Window Manager / dwm.exe gets very sluggish after I use Remote Desktop client from the new machine I would get the Aero Performance warning I see dwm exe consuming CPU of a single core This boggled me because I have Desktop Window Manager / dwm.exe gets very sluggish after I use Remote Desktop client a fast machine with an ASUS GTX Matrix GPU nVidia that performs very well I am using the latest Geforce drivers Once it happens dragging Windows is a very hitchy experience Nothing works to recover If I start the Desktop Window Manager service it'll go immediately to a high CPU state I have to reboot to clear it up If I dont use RDP it never happens but within minutes of opening the RDP session there it goes again I can stop the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager service to workaround the problem One more symptom Once before rebooting I decided to uninstall the nVidia drivers and try reinstalling them The installer complained that no compatible display adapter was found I had to reboot in order to reinstall them This almost sounds like a flaky driver or GPU but this GPU worked fine for the past couple of years in another box though that doesn't mean it didn't go bad since

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c698b8cc-943b-4f24-93e5-2a8c623f8b5d/desktop-window-manager-dwmexe-gets-very-sluggish-after-i-use-remote-desktop-client?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 86.86%

I m having a really weird problem with my computer and I m not sure where to even begin to fix it It recently Glitch Desktop Manager Window started having a right click glitch where a task provided freezes whether it be new folder delete copy cut etc The only way I can get it to remove from my screen is if I go directly to task manager processes and manually end dwm exe Desktop Window Manager It Desktop Window Manager Glitch recently started doing this and I keep my computer completely virus and spyware free plus it s up to date with everything That s the only issue it has on it and I would like a little more information on it if possible before I spend money to have a technician look at it Below are the specifications of my computer and the picture of the error Tech Support Guy System Info Utility Desktop Window Manager Glitch version OS Version Microsoft Windows Desktop Window Manager Glitch Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD A - APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD D Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION ACD Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled quot Folder quot is obviously the task that had frozen to the screen nbsp

A:Desktop Window Manager Glitch

where a task provided freezesClick to expand...

What is the task you are referring to ? Are you in Windows Explorer ? Or is that part of a Open File / Save File dialog of some program ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-window-manager-glitch.1114473/
Relevancy 86.86%

I am experienceing a multitude of BSOD's In fact I am in safe mode now because I cannot stay up long enought to post It began as error messages that told me that the Desktop Window Manager had shut down and usually within or minutes I would BSOD The errors reported in the BSOD were never the same it seemed random I was searching for answers here and elsewhere but the friequency of the BSOD's and errors increased I tried to change my video drivers but I would crash in the install process and BSOD and even in Safe Mode the BSOD's Manager and Window Desktop install would not finish I tried to run sfc scannow but it failed to finish the scan every time I have minidumps attached I hope someone can help System Intel Core Duo E ghz ZALMAN LED mm CPU Cooler MSI P N SLI Platinum eVGA GeForce GTX - MB - DDR SDRAM Crucial GB -pin DIMM DDR PC - Corsair CMPSU- HX -Watt PSU Plextor X DVDRW SATA w Lightscribe WD Caviar GB SATA- G HD MB SATA- G NZXT SENTRY LX Fan Control Panel NZXT M Case Samsung inch LCD Monitor url

A:Desktop Window Manager and BSOD's

Quote: Originally Posted by mac173

I am experienceing a multitude of BSOD's. In fact, I am in safe mode now because I cannot stay up long enought to post. It began as error messages that told me that the Desktop Window Manager had shut down, and usually within 2 or 3 minutes I would BSOD. The errors reported in the BSOD were never the same, it seemed random.

I was searching for answers here and elsewhere, but the friequency of the BSOD's and errors increased. I tried to change my video drivers, but I would crash in the install process (and BSOD) and even in Safe Mode the install would not finish.

I tried to run sfc/scannow but it failed to finish the scan every time.

I have minidumps attached, I hope someone can help.

System:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 ghz
ZALMAN 9700 LED 110mm CPU Cooler
MSI P7N SLI Platinum
eVGA GeForce GTX 275 - 896 MB - DDR3 SDRAM
Crucial / 4GB / 240-pin DIMM / DDR2 PC2-5300
Corsair CMPSU-750HX 750-Watt PSU
Plextor 24X DVDRW SATA w/Lightscribe
WD Caviar 320GB SATA-3G HD 7200/16MB/SATA-3G
NZXT SENTRY LX Fan Control Panel
NZXT M59 Case
Samsung 24inch LCD Monitor
[/url]

Um DMP's are where?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/71242-desktop-window-manager-bsods.html
Relevancy 86.86%

My backup laptop has only 1 Gig of memory and It is going to be better if I can disable (or run a very lite WDM) WDM to get more memory. I also can disable "explorer" (Windows) to get more memory but I don't know how to.

Is microsoft working on windows blue to disable the Metro UI and give us a very small Windows manager?

How can I get more memory from my install? I already installed and tweak the theme to "aero.lite" and change the background to basic image.

I will only use it for emergencies (just in case) like data center work using "putty", notepad++ and checking emails.

My net book (Dell 1210 mini ) specs are , 1 Gig RAM (FIXED), Atom 1.6, Slow IDE/Supertalent 32 Gig IDE SSD ( FZM32GW18P )

All of the drivers work so it is still OK to use.

Thanks,

Tik

A:Is there a very light Desktop Window Manager?

Is microsoft working on windows blue to disable the Metro UI

I doubt it. MS are determined to give more metro -not less. It is how they sell their services to the users.
I suggest you put linux on instead.

Mint is excellent - I like the Cinnamon version.
32 bit is incredibly efficient.

Download - Linux Mint

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/24877-there-very-light-desktop-window-manager.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi guys,

My DMW is crashing sometimes, mostly when i watch youtube or other videos online... i get this error or the PC freezes and i need to restart or logoff to get it to work:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Dwm.exe
Application Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Application Timestamp: 4a5bc225
Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: b308e8c8
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1048
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Please Help Me with this.. it's getting very annoying...
(Using Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1, on Dell Inspiron 1525)

Relevancy 86.86%

Hi My desktop PC Desktop Window Manager resource is AMD Desktop Window Manager resource Athlon X Quad Desktop Window Manager resource Core Processor AM GHz ASUS M A -VM with integrated HDMI DVI VGA Graphics -MATX GB MHz Dual Channel DDR SDRAM - x GB GB Serial ATA Hard Drive with MB Buffer MB ATI Radeon DH Direct x PCI Express MB ATI Radeon HD Graphics - Hybrid CrossFireX quot Iiyama full HD Monitor a Dell quot extra monitor HD onboard sound card Running W b premier On checking my event log after some slow response I noticed that I am getting Desktop Window Manager is experiencing heavy resource contention Reason Graphics subsystem resources are over utilised I am using Windows recommended settings Mozilla on the main screen and outlook express on the slave screen Ran the usual clear temp files and ran malwarebyes and superantispyware scans I am not playing any games or music just browsing one website secure and outlook express why am I getting resource contention on the Desktop Window Manager Any help appreciated Thanks Terryl nbsp

A:Desktop Window Manager resource

You list two video outputs. You put one monitor on each output? Is one a video card and the other onboard video? Usually when you add a video card the onboard video is automatically turned off in the bios. Besides that the Radeon DH4350 should be able to have two monitors connected and not need to use the other one. If above is true, you can turn off the onboard video by going into the bios. Plug both monitors into the video card only.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-window-manager-resource.1034692/
Relevancy 86.86%

I am having loads of problems due to Desktop Window Manager. As a standard it runs at between 15 and 17% CPU  but every week it will decide to run up to 98% - this causes issues with everything - mouse won't move or click, internet won't function properly,
programs like Sage won't function. It can take up to 5 restarts to resolve this - til next week.
Having Googled it, I am informed I can't turn it off in Windows 10 - is there anything else I can do to stop it strangling my pc?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fc198bc5-0a26-4d9d-a910-8ca9f02b55af/cpu-usage-on-desktop-window-manager?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 86.86%

I updated the driver for my PCI-e video card and it worked good, but got a message that said my "Desktop Window Manager is disabled". What does that mean and should I have it enabled? Thanks.

A:Desktop Window Manager is disabled

Just found this from MS forums.

Quote:
This is most likely a driver issue. Before going further, run Aero troubleshooter and see what it has to say.

Open the Aero troubleshooter by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type Troubleshooter, click Troubleshooting, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, click Display Aero desktop effects. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Refer:

Open the Aero troubleshooter
Open the Aero troubleshooter

Get the latest driver for your graphics card from the Manufacturer’s website. Download and install the one that is released for Windows 7. See if installing it solves the problem.

Check your manufacturer details from DirectX Diagnostic Tool:

1. Open the Direct X Diagnostic Tool. To do this, click Start, type dxdiag in the Start Search box, and then click dxdiag.exe in the Programs list.
2. Click the Display tab.
3. Under Device, look for Name and Manufacturer.
4. Click Exit.

More: "Desktop Window Manager is disabled." CANNOT keep the service running.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/96407-desktop-window-manager-disabled.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello What does it mean no a translation please Regards -- Nom du journal nbsp Application Source nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Desktop Window Manager Date nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ID de l v nement nbsp id Window 9009 Desktop Manager Cat gorie de la t che nbsp Aucun Niveau nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Information Mots cl s nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Classique Utilisateur nbsp nbsp N A Ordinateur nbsp nbsp nbsp AP Description nbsp Le Gestionnaire de fen trage s est ferm avec le code x XML de l v nement nbsp lt id 9009 Desktop Window Manager Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Provider Name quot Desktop Window Manager quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt AP lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Security gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt x lt Data gt nbsp lt EventData gt lt Event gt

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/926e8416-a6d7-4ca5-b1c9-7538064f0202/id-9009-desktop-window-manager?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 86%

Hi all, thanks for clicking!
I recently swapped out my old NVIDIA 9600GT for a (second-hand) NVIDIA GTX 560Ti, and ever since the upgrade I've been having crashes and BSoDs. Not too frequently, mind you, but enough to make it a bother.

I have upgraded my drivers to the latest version (301.42).

So my question to you is, is this a hardware fault, or a software fault? Could it be something else?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

A:BSoDs and DWM.exe (Desktop Window Manager) crashes

It could be a heating problem. Easiest to try and fix. Have you cleaned the heatsink/fan on the new card (especially since its secondhand).

You can also try completely removing the drivers, restarting, and then reinstalling them. (the newest version)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bsods-and-dwm-exe-desktop-window-manager-crashes-647159.html
Relevancy 86%

Operating system is Vista. Have used this system for the same programs for about 14 months and suddenly I started getting the title message several times each morning as I'm starting up my programs. I always use the option that selects an online solution and the message disappears until it comes up again several minutes later. Usually get the message several times and then it just goes away for the rest of the day, although the computer is much slower now than before I started getting this warning.
Thanks

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 6142 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS , 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 463696 MB, Free - 347506 MB; D: Total - 13241 MB, Free - 1267 MB;
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, Benicia, 1.01, MS1C8CR51602582
Antivirus: Norton 360 Premier Edition, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-window-manager-stopped-working.1009669/
Relevancy 86%

Hey guys so I've scoured the internet for the past few days trying to fix this problem by myself but to no avail So I did a clean reinstall of Windows Professional I got some nasty malware and had to nuke everything and start from scratch The clean reinstall went fine except for things Desktop Window Manager Aero has stopped working on start up I don't think my graphics card is being used because when I move windows or maximize there is a split second trail that is left behind merely annoying but an issue nonetheless that did not happen before I have uninstalled reinstalled drivers sfc scannow chkdsk r net stop start uxsms Graphics Manager Issues Window / Desktop basically almost everything under the sun besides another clean install I probably fked something up while installing drivers or it might be my version of windows This is the Desktop Window Manager / Graphics Issues error message that I get when DWM crashes Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name Dwm exe Application Version Application Timestamp a bc Fault Module Name nvwgf umx dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp dc ce Exception Code c d Exception Offset a b OS Version Locale ID Additional Information acad Additional Information acadf d b a f e Additional Information ba Additional Information ba d d f de b d d b a PLEASE HELP

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/380921-desktop-window-manager-graphics-issues.html
Relevancy 86%

Is there a command line that enables Desktop Window Manager? I tried to go over the winsat command parameters but couldn't find anything that would enable the DWM. Restarting the "Desktop Window Manager Session Manager" (uxsms) doesn't seem to do it. Only
way that worked for me is to manually run the aero troubleshooter and select the option to automatically fix the issue.

A:Command to enable Desktop Window Manager

I extracted a WIM out of a reference (sysprepped) VM from Hyper-V. I have tested it before and although aero is not supported on VMs (I think), the extracted image did have aero enabled when deployed on physical machines last time I tested it.
Playing around with the settings, it looks like just changing the theme to one that has aero enabled takes care of it as well so I'll probably go with this option.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dde8fc1c-6001-4030-973c-ac886e0d2f78/command-to-enable-desktop-window-manager?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 86%

i keep getting ,

Desktop Window Manager Stopped Working

every so often and i i can find a fix.

i cant seem to find anything that works to fix this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-window-manager-stopped-working.151380/
Relevancy 86%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M N -SLI Antivirus ZoneAlarm Antivirus Updated and Enabled Several months ago a dialog box started appearing at log in stating that the Desktop Window Manager had stopped working It happens on every account on the computer I ve run sfc scannow no damage detected run the Working Window Manager Has Desktop Stopped startup repair Desktop Window Manager Has Stopped Working utility from the Windows install CD Desktop Window Manager Has Stopped Working and conducted a memory test no failures The video drivers have been updated and two anti-virus checkers report no infections The Desktop Windows Manager Service is set to automatic and appears to be running after login However the event viewer reports Faulting application name Dwm exe version time stamp x a bc Faulting module name unknown version time stamp x Exception code xc Fault offset x ae c Faulting process id xea Faulting application start time x ce b ef a Faulting application path C Windows system Dwm exe Faulting module path unknown Report Id fbedfca-b e- e -ae a- fb How Desktop Window Manager Has Stopped Working do I prevent the DWM from failing I m I looking at a reinstall of the OS nbsp

Relevancy 86%

So I just installed windows on my new SSD There are only the drivers and windows on the SSD On every start I get the error quot Desktop Window Manager has stopped working quot There are a lot of solutions mentioned in other forums aswell in this one but none of them works I'll just list what I've tried so far I'm really getting desperate -windowskey r - gt services msc- gt restart Desktop Window Manager -starting cmd as adminstrator - gt sfc scannow - gt no problems found nothing repaired -rightclick on the SSD - gt properties - gt tools - gt verify - gt no problems found nothing repaired -updated graphic driver to latest version Here is what I can see from the error log Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name Dwm exe Application Version Application Timestamp a bc Fault Module Name nvwgf umx dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp c Exception Code c d Exception Offset a c OS Version Locale ID Additional Information Manager working Window has Desktop stopped acad Additional Information acadf d b a f e Additional Information c Additional Information c d c fd e abca a b

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/desktop-window-manager-has-stopped-working-1069322.html
Relevancy 86%

About 20% of the time I open the Start Menu, Desktop Window Manager crashes and then opens again. I am them presented with the "Desktop Window Manager has stopped working" window.

Here is a screenshot of the error:
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6246/48857239po3.jpg

And here is the text of the error:

Quote:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918c97
Fault Module Name: nvd3dum.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.15.11.6925
Fault Module Timestamp: 475f460a
Exception Offset: 001db07b
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409

I have tried reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers, however this error still occurs.

Anyone have any idea on how I can go about troubleshooting this?

Relevancy 86%

HI I have just up-dated all my drivers using " Driver Update " and now when i try to open some programs i get a fatal error message and a message that " Desktop manager stopped working " Any help appreciated david stokes

A:Desktop Window Manager stopped working

What drivers exactly are you using ?

1) Uninstall the device driver (Graphic card) in the ''device managers'' panel from the configuration panel and restart your computer.

Windows 7 will probably install a default driver, let it install before doing anything more. (if you are experimented with computers, I suggest you try using a software to clean the graphics cards drivers)

2) Download the latest drivers at World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies | NVIDIA
Select the appropriate computers settings and device to download the proper driver. (on the download section of the nvidia update you will be asked to put in theses informations)

3) Reboot your computer and tell us what it did.
Tell me if you need more details on the process. This first step will ensure that it is not a simple software corruption.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/273117-desktop-window-manager-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 86%

Hey guys Im new to this forum. I had a comp. built for me a couple weeks ago. I mainly play games on it. Every game i get CTD at seemingly random times. Looking in the Event Log there are 2 events right before the crash every time.

- Event ID 9010
A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process (Fallout3.exe)

-event ID 9013
The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application

This happens when I play Fallout 3, Prototype, SimCity 4 Deluxe, Sims 3, Wheelman, GTA 4, Godfather 2, and Company of Heroes ToV.

I have searched google and cant find anything that fixes the problem. Does anyone have any ideas to resolve this? Thanks.

A:Desktop Window Manager Crashes in game

i am having the same problem per below, but for GTA IV:

- Event ID 9010
A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process

Have you resolved this?

can anyone else help please? thanks

- Event ID 9010
A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/244653-desktop-window-manager-crashes-game.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi,
I have gotten this error a few times and I'm not exactly sure how to reproduce it.

Any ideas what it means?

Quote:

Product
Desktop Window Manager

Problem
Stopped working

Date
23/12/2007 5:03 PM

Status
Report Sent

Problem signature
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b7e9
Fault Module Name: d3d9.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549d25d
Exception Offset: 000000000004a000
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 9219
Additional Information 2: d7b88223d45b91ff437f0b1495085f45
Additional Information 3: c954
Additional Information 4: 432c112b6a1229d68c2405ffa881f9cd

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 204635

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/desktop-window-manager-stopped-working-206483.html
Relevancy 86%

I get the following error on windows on startup - quot Desktop Window Manager stopped working and was closed quot The attached is a snippet of my System Information I've carried out the following Full virus scan N - no problems detected Updated and engaged the NVIDIA drivers sfc scannow - no problems detected Ran the Windows update repair disc Video test i e HOME PAGE OF MISHA CHERKES I use monitors fed from GeForce cards I ran Full tests all other boxes unchecked Ran several of these on 'Expres ' 'Full' ' MB' 'DirectX' and 'CUDA' - all came back with zero Manager Window Desktop working stoppped errors Desktop Window Manager stoppped working Tested the memory Memtest - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool without any errors let this run for passes Aero troubleshooting - nothing detected When I start from Safe Mode I don't get the quot Desktop Window Manager stoppped working Desktop Window Manager stopped working quot But some stuff does come up on the quot Event Viewer quot Now when I start normally is the list of errors that occur - from Event Viewer see snap shot i WMI Application see snip i Dwn exe application iii DCOM snips iv Dwn exe v Service control manager snips vi NetBT snips Thank you in advance for any help you may have in solving this problem PS I could only upload files pictures If there is an easier way to provide the info please let me know

A:Desktop Window Manager stoppped working

Hello rosphite1 & welcome to TSF

Try to restore the services that are problematic. You can do that by going here.
Services - Restore Default Services in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/desktop-window-manager-stoppped-working-694411.html
Relevancy 86%

I am using Window Vista Business on 32 b it Toshiba laptop.

Lately I am getting message "Desktop window manager has stopped working"

As suggested I try to check on line solution, but no luck.

Problem details are as follows:

Problem signature:
Application Version: 6.0.6002.18005
Application Timestamp: 49e01b94
Fault Module Name: ole32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
Fault Module Timestamp: 49e037d7
Exception Offset: 0004a1de
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.6
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: d083
Additional Information 2: 505e1608b4a9b755fd3bf22ede444478
Additional Information 3: d083
Additional Information 4: 505e1608b4a9b755fd3bf22ede444478

Any suggeston?

Thanks

A:Desktop window manager has stopped working

hi from what i could find via google the most likely solution would be to update your video driver,or possibly change you theme to basic i'am afraid that was all i could find on this issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-window-manager-has-stopped-working.863945/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hey

I have just looked at my processes as my mouse was flickering and noticed that the dwm.exe has 71 million + page faults.

Should i be concerned by this? Is this a normal figure and if not what steps can i make to lower the fault count?

See image for what i am referring to!

A:71 million page faults on desktop window manager

As I am not real sure if this is causing you a problem or should you be worried about it I can only think to start by doing these.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Disk Check for starters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291836-71-million-page-faults-desktop-window-manager.html
Relevancy 84.71%

can windows 7 not handle dual monitors? In my event logs since i added my second monitor I been getting this msg constantly and its only when i been idle...

The Desktop Window Manager is experiencing heavy resource contention.
Scenario : The Desktop Window Manager responsiveness has degraded.
only problems im having is my computer freezing when browsing only! not gaming or anything else. But the freezing was a problem before i added a second monitor. I notice when i come out of screen saver mode that the windows slide a bit choppy when i move them from one side of the screen to the other... then after a bit it smooths out a little.

Relevancy 84.71%

Ok here is what i am experiencing When i boot my laptop (windows 7) Loads fine i get to the Log-in screen and type in my password it brings up the Welcome screen and then it just sets on that screen for about 30min or so then it will go to a black screen for about 5-10min then it loads my desktop with two errors both say Desktop Window Manager Stopped Working and was Closed the only noticable thing is that the taskbar is grey instead or see through (Same as background) i have been to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Forum
and we have figured out its not related to infection for all the information on what we did here is the link

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ll-660839.html

please help me solve this Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Re: Desktop Window Manager Stopped Working

Boot into Safe Mode and try restarting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-re-desktop-window-manager-stopped-working-662731.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello guys So i installed windows ultimate yesterday and installed all needed programs and I've got quot desktop window manager stopped working and was closed quot error every time i would startup so I tried to fix it and read here at forum that you could just make new profile user and it would be fixed after that i had another error and that's quot OEM stopped working quot when i would try to open single picture stopped Desktop and was Manager working closed has Window I thought the best solution would be to Desktop Window Manager has stopped working and was closed reinstall windows I installed windows again but this time it was proffessional I installed again almost every program i needed which i constantly use and everything was working great then i remembered that i didn't install AMD gaming evolved raptr it requested restart so i restarted and then error came back tried to uninstall the raptr but errors were still there desktop window manager stopped working and was closed and when picture opened OEM has stopped working Please help ASAP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/desktop-window-manager-has-stopped-working-and-was-closed-1161137.html
Relevancy 83.85%

So I just upgraded from a GeForce 7300LE 128MB to an 8400GS 512MB. I have the latest drivers installed and no reverting to older drivers doesn't work. Desktop Window Manager is on some times and yet it does not keep Windows Aero on or sometimes it randomly reverts it to the basic colors. The only way I can fix it temporarily is by using the trouble shooting program for it. I'm pretty sure I have more than enough requirements for it and my system rating is 3.6 which is above 3.0 where Windows enables it. Also, appearently minimizing anything will cause my computer to freeze up for a second or two and sometimes changes it back to the Basic colors.

A:Windows Aero/Desktop Window Manager turns off randomly

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.Publish a Snapshot using SpeccyThe below is for those who cannot get onlinePlease take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357259/windows-aerodesktop-window-manager-turns-off-randomly/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi, im new to the forum and hope somebody could help me. Ive recently had major problems with the Zeroaccess trojan which i think (not positive) I have removed. However since running Kaspersky Tdsskiller my Aero function wont work, the trouble shooter says themes service isnt running and desktop window manager is disabled, and i got an error message saying themeservice.dll is missing. I have tried all kinds of things suggested on forums, such as the troubleshooter, restarting the DWM session manager through services.msc and through the command prompt net stop uxsms / net start uxsms. Any ideas? Would be greatly appreciated.

A:Desktop window manager is disabled after removing trojan with tdsskiller

It's very possible there may be remnants left of the infection if your attempts failed to remove entirely. This could be a very distinct possibility.

However if you were to proceed with the thought your system in infection-free I would have to suspect a driver issue. And since your Aero function is not working properly I would look to the Aero troubleshooter which apparently you have.

With that in mind get the latest driver for your graphics card from the Manufacturer's website and download the one that is applicable and download and install and see if that solves the problem.

Check your Manufacturer's details from DirectX Diagnostic Tool.

Open the Direct X Diagnostic Tool. To do this, click Start, type dxdiag in the Start Search box, and then click dxdiag.exe in the Programs list.

Click the Display tab. Under Device, look for Name and Manufacturer then exit.

ZeroAccess is a very serious infection and would advise asking for assistance from our Malware Response Team if the above does not help.

Good Luck

Regards............

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505659/desktop-window-manager-is-disabled-after-removing-trojan-with-tdsskiller/
Relevancy 83.85%

I just formatted my PC and installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 Ultimate yesterday (Previously had Win10, but I prefer the stability of Windows 7). However, a window pops up whenever i start up the PC saying "Desktop Window Manager stopped working and was closed. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available".
This "DWM.exe" is responsible for the beautiful Windows 7 Aero Theme, and because of this error, I have to stick with the shitty grey opaque theme
I've tried to restart it from the "Services", but with no success.
Following, there's a video showing this problem...

https://youtu.be/8KkLz-rGbxQ

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/390469-desktop-window-manager-crashing-startup-unknown-reasons.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Upon startup of windows every single time I'm getting the error message of:

Desktop Window Manager Stopped working & was closed

What is this and how do I make it go away?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393446-error-upon-startup-desktop-window-manager-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 83.85%

i have a stability problem with the nvidia and window desktop manager in windows ultimate Its a aero or transparecy issue If i open the microsoft games folder and play spider for example the icon in the taskbar starts moving win7 Desktop 8400GS nvidia with conflit Window Manager from one side to the other Sometimes pages on m ie starts flashing aswell I tried all new drivers even the beta one from nvidia and nothing If i turn off Window Desktop Management Session the problem stops too But the aero i think is gone by that time Can someone help the clues i have is the webcam zaaapa ac drivers and the stardock object desktop program version The program reimage repair says its a conflit between nvidia and nvidia 8400GS conflit with Window Desktop Manager win7 window desktop manager Windows System Assessment Tool gt Command Line 'winsat features v' gt DWM running leaving it on gt System processor power policy saved and set to 'max performance' gt Running Feature Enumeration '' gt Gathering System Information gt Operating System Build- gt Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz gt TSC Frequency gt Number of Processors gt Number of Cores gt Number of CPUs gt Number of Cores per Processor gt Number of CPUs Per Core gt Cores have logical CPUs NO gt L Cache and line Size gt L Cache and line Size gt Total physical mem available to the OS GB bytes gt Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce GS gt Adapter Manufacturer NVIDIA gt Adapter Driver Version gt Adapter Driver Date yy mm dd gt Has DX or better Yes gt Has Pixel shader or better Yes gt Has LDDM Driver Yes gt Dedicated local video memory MB gt System memory dedicated as video memory MB gt System memory shared as video memory MB gt Primary Monitor Size X total pixels gt WinSAT is Official Yes gt Run Time gt Total Run Time gt The System processor power policy was restored

A:nvidia 8400GS conflit with Window Desktop Manager win7

Install the newest non-beta driver after running driver sweeper. Then flash your BIOS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/61042-nvidia-8400gs-conflit-window-desktop-manager-win7.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have this problem where screen flashes 1-2 times and I see that message on event viewer. Sometimes on 2nd or 3rd screen flash Aero crashes and I need to restart the PC to make it work.

I had some old drivers, updated to latest version but nothing changed.

This is totally random. Everything was fine for the past two weeks I think and today it happened 2 times already.

I have Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bits. Video card is Gigabyte 660 GTX. The rest of the specs are on my profile.

I saw that many people had this problem in the past but I found no real/working solutions. Any ideas?

A:The Desktop Window Manager has encountered a fatal error (0x88980406)

Hello trancedellic mate try these first and in this order just to eliminate the simple stuff

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < use the /f and /r options in Option2 if necessary

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

download from bleeping computer ? delete any rubbishthese find.

Now run this and let us know the temps please Speccy - Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/348772-desktop-window-manager-has-encountered-fatal-error-0x88980406.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello,

I'll get straight to the problem.
I deleted dllhost.exe and dllhst3g.exe from windows/system32/ and also stopped the desktop window manager service.Don't ask me why =)

After a couple of restarts everything was fine.But after the 4th or 5th,i keep getting stuck at my desktop background.No start bar or icons.Can't right click or open the taskmanager.

I got the files i deleted from the same ver. and build from another win7 Ultimate.Replaced them and started the desktop window manager service.All in safe mode.But still i can not start my windows...

If anyone could provide some information other then formatting my pc,which i would like to avoid since i have some important projects on there.

Thank you in advance.

A:[SOLVED] Deleted ddlhost.exe and stopped desktop window manager,fixed it,still cant s

Hi -

Boot into Recovery via the hard drive recovery partition (usually press F10, ALT+F10 or F11 during boot-up) or using your Windows 7 DVD. Once in recovery, select "Windows System Restore" - choose a restore point prior to the deletion of the EXEs.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-deleted-ddlhost-exe-and-stopped-desktop-window-manager-fixed-it-still-cant-s-491254.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Right I have been driven mad by an odd problem with logging into Windows After a clean build following a major upgrade it now shows the quot Welcome quot page for around seconds before loading the desktop after entering my password users for Slow login Desktop Window Manager error - Admin Interestingly this only happens to accounts with admin privileges - if I set myself as a normal user login is instant also the delay happens after making a new quot admin quot account - again the delay goes away after this test account is set as a normal user After disabling everything but the basic services it still occurs I have also updated all my drivers The only difference in the logs between admin and user accounts is the occurrence of an error from Desktop window manager - you can also see the delay in the login process Googling the error doesn't shed much light Information ESENT General Information Slow login for Admin users - Desktop Window Manager error Winlogon None Information Winlogon None Information Winlogon None Information Desktop Window Manager None Information Winlogon None Information Winlogon None The full error is quot The Desktop Window Manager has exited with code x quot logs http dl dropbox com u bryanlogon txt - admin account http dl dropbox com u peterlogon txt - normal account for comparison Any help would be appreciated as it's frustrating that after a major upgrade I'm worse off when it comes to logging in Performance apart from this issue is fine no issues with aero etc

A:Slow login for Admin users - Desktop Window Manager error

Same here. Regular users logon in 5 seconds. Admin account type users take about 2 minutes ! Wish I knew what was up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/194745-slow-login-admin-users-desktop-window-manager-error.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Ok here is what i am experiencing When i boot my laptop (windows 7) Loads fine i get to the Login screen and type in my password it brings up the Welcome screen and then it just sets on that screen for about 30min or so then it will go to a black screen for about 5-10min then it loads my desktop with two errors both say Desktop Window Manager Stopped Working and was Closed and a friend told me to run RKILL to see if something was running and its showed C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe not really sure what to do so if you guys could help me i would be so thankful i have ran AVG and Combo Fix with no luck finding the source of the problem

A:[SOLVED] Desktop Window Manager Stopped Working and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe

DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSAMD64
Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16421 BrowserJavaVersion: 10.5.1
Run by Matt at 19:46:40 on 2012-08-17
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.4044.2754 [GMT -4:00]
AV: Norton Internet Security *Disabled/Outdated* {63DF5164-9100-186D-2187-8DC619EFD8BF}
AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012 *Disabled/Updated* {5A2746B1-DEE9-F85A-FBCD-ADB11639C5F0}
SP: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012 *Disabled/Updated* {E146A755-F8D3-F7D4-C17D-96C36DBE8F4D}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Outdated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
SP: Norton Internet Security *Disabled/Outdated* {D8BEB080-B73A-17E3-1B37-B6B462689202}
FW: Norton Internet Security *Disabled* {5BE4D041-DB6F-1935-0AD8-24F3E73C9FC4}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\system32\WLANExt.exe
C:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCORE64.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\PC Tools\PC Tools Security\BDT\BDTUpdateService.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\18.7.1.3\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\PMB\PMBDeviceInfoProvider.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftvsa.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\VAIO Event Service\VESMgr.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Content Folder Watcher\VCFw.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VCM Intelligent Analyzing Manager\VcmIAlzMgr.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\VAIO Event Service\VESMgrSub.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\VAIO Event Service\VESMgrSub.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DllHost.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DllHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Gate\VAIO Gate.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftlist.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Virtualization Handler\CVHSVC.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Smart Network\VSNService.exe
C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\SPF\SpfService64.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Smart Network\VSNClient.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Update 5\VAIOUpdt.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VCM Manager Settings\VcmMgrNotification64.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-desktop-window-manager-stopped-working-and-c-windows-syswow64-rundll32-exe-660839.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I hit control alt delete and logged off my laptop. Now when I try to log back in I can't see my mouse and I get the following response. Local Session manager service failed the logon. The group or resource is not int he correct state to perform the requested operation. Can anyone help?

A:Local Session Manager Service

Can you log on in safe mode or do you get the same error?

Is it a domain-joined (work) machine, or your own personal laptop?

If you have another machine networked with that one, you can use the event viewer to remotely check the laptop's logged events (maybe, if it's not too pooched). Is the laptop logging any warnings or errors during bootup or when you try to log on?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/215236-local-session-manager-service.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Just thought I'd pass on this slightly dirty fix for no session manager in IE9
I'm using Win 7 x64

IE9 only offers to restore your session automatically at startup only if IE crashed.
Here's a 1 line batch file that kills the IE process so that when you start it again it offers to restore your last session. I put the shortcut to the batch file in my quicklaunch toolbar and just needed to get in the habit of closing IE via the shortcut.
Here' the contents of the batch file...

taskkill /F /IM iexp* /T

Don't know if anyone would use it but it is a working solution for a session manager until MS adds this option.

A:Home made session manager for IE9

you genius, that is an excellent solution for this failed feature. It works well as a shortcut on my desktop. Not so well on the favourites bar as it asks each time before running the batch file. It would be nice to run directly from the browser without the confirmation question... anyhow, this is a great fix

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/198148-home-made-session-manager-ie9.html
Relevancy 79.98%

The default setting for this service is Automatic. I am troubleshooting a computer with Windows 8.1 Enterprise installed where the StartUp type is Boot. You cannot change the Start Up type in the normal way.

The owner of the computer is complaining of excessive disk utilisation and an overlong boot.
Comments please.

Hope this helps, Gerry

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6081c7d7-9ea0-4b2f-92c2-0efd11bd9e37/local-session-manager-service?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 79.12%

Greetings, I am having an odd problem with my laptop. It's a dual boot with windows 7 ultimate and Ubuntu. The login password for each OS are different and have been working great for months and as of today they got switched somehow. After reboot i was getting incorrect passwords with both OS until i randomly tried to guess the password and the Windows password works with Ubuntu and the ubuntu password gives an error in windows - the local session manager failed the logon, the RPC server is unavailable.

Any suggestions?

A:The local session manager failed the logon

update - Still unable to log into windows with this machine. Any Suggestions to try?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/89465-local-session-manager-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Like a tab manager in a browser, but for Windows Explorer? I want to have a one-click open to open multiple windows (for when I'm working on some graphic design projects and have multiple windows to go back and forth in or moving around files).

A:How can I customize Windows Explorer to have a Session Manager?

QTTabBar 2 Brings Instant Tab Closing Options, Updated After 2 Years

I used it for awhile. It has tab sets you can name and set one to come up on explorer open.

Edit: It worked pretty well considering so many Explorer addon things are unstable. The main reason I stopped using it was dragging to a tab too often dropped what I was dragging into a subfolder of the tab. Then I had to search for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/314317-how-can-i-customize-windows-explorer-have-session-manager.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Like a tab manager in a browser, but for Windows Explorer? I want to have a one-click open to open multiple windows (for when I'm working on some graphic design projects and have multiple windows to go back and forth in or moving around files).

Thee is a suggestion here which might work How can I customize Windows Explorer to have a Session Manager? - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-can-i-customize-windows-explorer-to-have-a-session-manager-760705.html
Relevancy 79.12%

hi all I m new to the board hopefully someone can Windows 7 manager/ session prob puTTY help me out and hopefully im posting in the write area of the forum I m setting up a new windows machine with puTTY puTTY session manager/ Windows 7 prob and the puTTY puTTY session manager/ Windows 7 prob session manager For some reason i m having puTTY session manager/ Windows 7 prob a mare getting the session manager to work properly which is odd as i ve always used the session manager on my old XP machine with no problems I ve had a variety of issues getting the session manager to work the current problem is I can t launch my sessions due to authentication problems However i m running pangeant with my pass key and i can launch sessions from the config window with no problem Just not the session manager In the session manager options i ve added my pass key and located pageant I can t see what else i m supposed to do and as i said the authentication methods i m using are working when launching sesions from the putty config window Anyone any idea what to try next nbsp

A:puTTY session manager/ Windows 7 prob

no one?

Dang

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/putty-session-manager-windows-7-prob.979804/
Relevancy 79.12%

Closing dup. Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-customize-windows-explorer-to-have-a-session-manager.1114756/
Relevancy 79.12%

I don't know of any way, but the Windows 7 Taskbar features come close.

To open an additional WE window either shift click on the WE icon or else right click and choose Windows Explorer or one of the folders in the context menu.

When you have multiple WE windows open hover the mouse pointer over the WE icon in the Taskbar to see icons of each window. Hover over an icon and that window is (temporarily) brought to the foreground. Click on an icon to choose that window.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-customize-windows-explorer-to-have-a-session-manager.1114754/
Relevancy 77.4%

BSOD: The session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000003a (0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I'm getting this on a shop system running Win 7 Home Premium 32 bit. The last thing I did was shutdown before going home and I believe it installed an update then shutdown, so I'm suspecting the update caused the problem.

I can't get into the F8 Safe Mode screen to try Last known good configuration so I think I'll try a System Restore from the install DVD. Does that sound like a good approach?

Any other suggestions?

Sorry I don't have the specs with me but I think it's a 2.8Ghz Dual core Intel with 4GB RAM and two SATA drives. It's been running fine for about a year.

A:session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly

If you can boot into the computer by what ever means just delete the last update and re boot and see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/159025-session-manager-initialization-system-process-terminated-unexpectedly.html
Relevancy 76.54%

This one has me stumped I've always been able to fix just about any problems I encounter thanks to you guys and others like you in the many awesome and helpful forums across the Net However this problem seems to have very little information out there particularly for Win and none of it seems to have any root cause analysis or answers other than wipe it out and start over I'd like to get to the bottom of it before giving up and reimaging I have a machine that flashes the following blue screen during Windows startup after logo STOP c a Fatal System Error The session manager failed to create protected prefixes) STOP: c000021a create to failed manager (session protected prefixes system process STOP: c000021a (session manager failed to create protected prefixes) terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc a x x The system has been shut down All of the STOP: c000021a (session manager failed to create protected prefixes) safe mode options fail with the same BSOD This system cannot boot even into safe mode Steps already taken Startup repair is of course unsuccessful It says there is a startup repair pending but I see no pending xml in the winsxs folder sfc scannow goes nowhere saying system repair pending sfc scannow offbootdir c offwindir c windows shows the following result Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them Details are included in the CBS log etc Decrypted hard drive in order to remove encryption as the variable Steps through were tried again Exact same results The CBS log contains nothing from the past two weeks Indeed no files in that folder have been updated since the day this problem first arose in mid-August Details Laptop - Win Pro x User reports that he had installed drivers for his personal printer the day prior to this failure but cannot recall any other changes that he would have made to the system Any ideas or is the only solution taking this Windows out behind the barn and putting it out of its misery Thank you in advance for your assistance edited to clarify cannot get into Windows OS

A:STOP: c000021a (session manager failed to create protected prefixes)

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506557/stop-c000021a-session-manager-failed-to-create-protected-prefixes/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hey All,

I'm having problems upgrading from win 98 to xp. The install seems to go through ok however on the reboot the system makes it to the XP splash screen and then I get the message:

the session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034

Does anyone have any ideas? The system meets the min requirements.

Joe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-session-manager-initialization-system-process-terminated-unexpectedly-with-a-stat.346898/
Relevancy 76.54%

I get this problem or error "Desktop Window Manager stopped working and was closed" every time I stay logged on but "switch users". When I come back to my user account, there are two messages on my taskbar that both say "Desktop Window Manager stopped working and was closed". I have uninstalled and reinstalled my Nvidia driver and updated to the latest driver version. I have even went to "task manager" and located the dwm.exe and made a dump file.

Any suggesstions to what or how I fix this.. Thank you.

A:"Desktop Window Manager stopped working and was closed"

try doing a system repair. to relaunch the windows manager use run command explorer.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/57452-desktop-window-manager-stopped-working-closed.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Dear all,

I am using windows XP,My Task manager was disable automatilcaly..I am unable to accesee the Task Manager using CTR +ALT+DEL
so i cant end unwanted application process.plz help me

Thanks In advance
Rupesh

A:Task manager was disable please help me

Hi Rupesh and welcome to TSF !

Are you the administrator of the computer ? If the computer is part of a domain or network then contact the network admin.

Else see if this helps :
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm

If you don't know what caused task manager to be disabled then check your computer for viruses : http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/task-manager-was-disable-please-help-me-247833.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi can anybody help me?
I want to disable a standard user from accessing the task manager (I already know this can be done via the registry and gpedit.msc) but also I dont want to disable the administrators access to the task manager at the same time.

If I disable the task manager via the registry or gpedit.msc it seems to block access by the admin account to.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

A:How to disable Task Manager

Local policy affects all accounts.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to do this? Limited (non-admin) accounts are already - by definition - prevented from doing things which require admin rights. Also, you somehow hobble the Task Manager, that doesn't by itself prevent them from doing the same thing they would have done in TM in other ways.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/27071-how-disable-task-manager.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I do not need or want the HP Password Manager, yet every time I open a site with FireFox a popout window says I have to get the FireFox password addon in order to use the HP Password Manager. I don't want either one. How to I turn the stupid thing off?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/how-to-disable-hp-password-manager/td-p/5722525
Relevancy 71.81%

I have 4 machines on my home hardwired network, 3 W10 and one W7. Do I need the Credential Manger and Network Credentials? Can I remove or disabled them?

Thank you.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/69672-ok-disable-credentials-manager.html
Relevancy 71.81%

My PC is infected a virus last week and I kill it with Kaspersky. The virus is gone but I can't open "task manager" and "folder option". It said "Task Manager has been disable by your administrator". How can I enable the task manager and folder option?

Relevancy 71.81%

hi sir!
some virus attack my note book
the virus always disable my task manager,,
event i delete/change the value to 0 (from HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies\ System) . .
when i do that, the task manager will be able again..
but around 1 or 2 days,
the task manager was disabled...
I didnt know what virus that attack my note book..
i used scan my pc witch avira, but i didnt find the virus...
any suggestion to fix this solution???

A:disable task manager always appear

Hello and Welcome.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed. I currently have as many open topics as I can effectively handle; this will have you back in queue with the proper logs so an available helper would be able to assist.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/disable-task-manager-always-appear-493469.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a new HP laptop with Windows 10. All of a sudden I receive this message "HP connection error" I cannot access some normal websites that I visit all the time. This happens on both Internet Explorer and Firefox. Do I need this program, or can I remove it. If so, are there any consequences.

A:How to fix or disable hp connection manager

You don't "need" the HP program. There are other ways of tackling connection problems if they arise.Have you somehow proved that this program is the reason you cannot access other websites?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-to-fix-or-disable-hp-connection-manager/2234.html
Relevancy 71.81%

hello guyz,
i have a home PC, which i use with a couple of other persons. am the ADMINISTRATOR, however my question is "HOW CAN I DISABLE THE TASK MANAGER UTILITY FOR THE LIMITED ACCOUNTS ON THE PC"

my PC specifications are:
Windows XP, service pack2
256 RAM, 80GB HDD:

A:How Do I Disable Task Manager

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kb...ableDisableTaskManagerinWindowsXPHomePro.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-disable-task-manager.626077/
Relevancy 70.95%

Good afternoon all,

I'm stumped.... Whenever vista loads up, it brings the windows boot manager and makes me have to press enter to boot into vista. If I press tab, it gives me the option to get into windows memory diagnostic. How do I disable all of this to boot straight into vista without having to press enter? this is vista home.
I tried all, looked around and nothing!

Relevancy 70.95%

I do not need or want the HP Password Manager, yet every time I open a site with FireFox a popout window says I have to get the FireFox password addon in order to use the HP Password Manager. I don't want either one. How to I turn the stupid thing off? I checked this as a question and the solution- uninstall hp client security does not work, the unistall wizard crashes every time.HP need to sort out supplying bloatware with their pcsGavin

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/disable-and-remove-Hp-password-manager/td-p/5826257
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi

I want to be able to disable elevated task manager, but not normal task manager for certain accounts

How would I do this? OS: Windows 8 Professional

Thank you

A:Elevated task manager disable

Hello GD4E1,

When you are signed in to a standard user account, Task Manager will open unelevated.

When you are signed in to an administrator account, Task Manager will open elevated.

Hope this helps some,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/47355-elevated-task-manager-disable.html
Relevancy 70.95%

So, my laptop keyboard is just broke and won't type. I want to disable the keyboard, but I have to pass windows boot manager and that means that I have to use keyboard. How can I pass this?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/how-disable-windows-boot-manager-4601668/
Relevancy 70.95%

I'm hoping someone can help me with what should be a simple fix but so far has defied all my efforts I have installed Windows on my MSI Wind Netbook using a new Seagate gb sata drive and every time I power on Windows Boot Manager loads and I have to select Windows as the OS even though it's the only OS that has been installed The first time I installed I let Win create the partitions but I thought that might have been the problem Win7 manager Cannot disable boot because of the mb Cannot disable Win7 boot manager system drive it created so I deleted everything made partitions and installed Win on the active partition but still it boots into Boot Manager I've been into msconfig and Win is the only OS and there is no delay set but still it persists I've also tried EasyBCD but it made no difference either The ONLY time it doesn't boot to Boot Manager is if I have the external USB DVD drive connected with the Win disk inserted then it says press any key to boot from CD DVD which I ignore and Win loads normally Any help appreciated

A:Cannot disable Win7 boot manager

I'm in Ubuntu atm but i'm pretty sure if you right click 'Computer' > Properties > advanced system settings there's an option there for boot options, where you can delete entries etc.
I'll try a be a little more specific when i boot in W7 shortly

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/27393-cannot-disable-win7-boot-manager.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I'm using Windows XP Pro SP Never had any major problems but this morning when I booted up on my desktop it? disable ok Manager, Machine is What to Debug a big box popped up labeled Machine Debug Manager Near the bottom of the box under several lines of information is What is Machine Debug Manager, ok to disable it? a small OK box Not knowing what any of this is I didn't click OK Just clicked the small x at the upper right corner to close the What is Machine Debug Manager, ok to disable it? box Everything seems to be running ok I read elsewhere this has something to do with script debugging but that it's ok to disable it bu going to Internet Options clicking the advanced tab and selecting disable script debugging I haven't tried it because another site said in some cases it could be a virus and had a link to click to check the PC I wasn't about to do that and risk downloading a virus Is it safe to disable Machine Debug Manager Why did this suddenly pop up on my PC It has never shown up before today

A:What is Machine Debug Manager, ok to disable it?

It must have found a script somewhere which had an error in it. It is quite safe to disable it along the lines you suggested (good idea unless you are writing scripts):https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...If you want to do a quick check for malware and viruses run these three small freebies in the order given - they often unearth what other programs miss:AdwCleaner:https://toolslib.net/downloads/view...(blue "Download Now" button on right).Download and "Save" the file somewhere. Go to the saved file then double click it to run the program. Use the "Scan" button, followed by the "Clean" button.Junkware Removal Tool (JRT)https://www.malwarebytes.org/junkwa...(blue Download button).Download and "Save" the file somewhere. Go to the saved file then double click it to run JRT. It might appear to have stopped at times or flash the screen but sit tight until it has finished.MalwareBytes:https://www.malwarebytes.org/(use the "download" button rather than the "buy" button).Install and Run the program but before running the Scan go to "Settings > Detection and Protection" and put a checkmark in "Scan for rootkits". Quarantine anything it finds. Please copy/paste the logs on here so that we can see the situation.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/what-is-machine-debug-manager-ok-to-disable-it/203722.html
Relevancy 70.95%

When I am trying to open Windows Task Manager it will show error "Task Manager has been disable by your administrator". I am the administrator of my computer.
Is it a virus attack? Can anyone helped me out?
Any advice would be appreciated.
I am Using windows XP service pack 2.
Thanks

A:Windows Task Manager Disable

I also have XP (SP3), and my Task Manager is enabled, so I don't find these entries in MY registry, but check out the solution in http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/WindowsXP/UserTips/Customization/EnableDisableTaskManagerinWindowsXPHomePro.html and let me know if it works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-task-manager-disable.816563/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a problem that "task manager disable by administrator" in the windows xp.. I d0n't know what is the problem actually. Even I have format my PC, it still happen. But if I use the wind0ws 7, its 0k.. I try to use a software to enable it, but in 3 or 5 sec0nds it become disable again.. Please guide me to overcome this problem.. TQ :)

A:Task Manager Disable by Administrator

Most likely a virus.

Download and run malwarebytes first.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Reviews and free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware downloads at CNET Download.com

Download and install, then update. Let it run a full scan.

Then follow the below
Why is my Task Manager disabled, and how do I fix it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/task-manager-disable-by-administrator-625297.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Upon attempting to free up space on our HPDM server a massive log file was found.  It is the PxeService.log file which resides in c:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Device Manager\Gateway\PxeServer.  It is over 10gb in size so it appears it doesn't overwrite and just snowballs.  Most the lines in the file are repetetive failures. We do not use PXE in any sense, we do not network book and image from there.  We boot up the Thin Client and locate it in the console and send the imaging task.  Our SCCM server already owns the one and only pxe service point.  Can I simply disable the service and call it good?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Commercial-PC-Software/HP-Device-Manager-HPDM-Disable-PXE/td-p/5615170
Relevancy 70.95%

can i disable download manager in firefox 3.5 as i prefer another downloader. i dont want to modify it but accually stop it

thanx

A:can i disable download manager in firefox 3.5

AFAIK, you can't disable a browser's standard download manager/interface.
However, you can use other download manager/accelerator programs to handle http and ftp download from sites, by default.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/286425/can-i-disable-download-manager-in-firefox-35/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi i want ask you how to disable windows boot manager
Before my system is just go to windows if i boot my computer
But now my system go to windows boot manager if i boot my computer
And its need me to choose the os or wait for 30 sec

Fyi:
I use uefi win8

I already disable it via easybcd
Via msconfig
And via windows startup options
And thats all just make the boot manager go faster not remove it
It just change the 30 sec to 0/3sec

A:how to disable windows boot manager

1. Do you mean:
BEFORE - system booted to Win 8 directly
NOW - boot menu is displayed ?

2. Can you post output of this command: (on admin console)
bcdedit /enum all /v >bcdedit.txt
and attach the file "bcdedit.txt" created by command above.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/22091-how-disable-windows-boot-manager.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello all,

I have a Windows 7 enterprise computer in a Windows domine, the problem is that I'm trying to disable the touchpad mouse of my computer but when I go to Device manager and see the properties of the Mouse Driver the button "Disable" is disable, I think that is something with domain politics and I can enable the button modifying regedit but I am not shoure of this and I do not what key of the regedit I would have to modify.
I add a photo so you can se what is the problem becose my english is not Good.

Thank you all.

A:The button for "Disable" a driver in Device Manager is disable

Welcome to the Seven Forums David!

I see the same thing on a W7 Pro laptop - the same button that you have highlighted is disabled.

Try this:
Start > Control Panel
In the upper right corner, change "View by:" to small icons or large icons
Locate and click on "Mouse"

See if you can disable the touch pad from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/240274-button-disable-driver-device-manager-disable.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello
I want to disable regedit, gpedit, and device manager. I did that in the current user registry key..But how to disable in the Local Machine key???

A:I want to disable regedit, gpedit, and device manager

Hi hit and welcome to W7 Forums

In exactly the same way, only you need to invoke regedit to run with administrative privileges. The question is: Why?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/169677-i-want-disable-regedit-gpedit-device-manager.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have an external drive connected to my computer, and every time the machine wakes up from standby, a new instance of the file manager opens up. So after a while, I end up having like three or four file manager windows open. Is there a way to prevent file manager from opening automatically when it recognizes an external hard drive? Thanks.

A:Can I disable file manager from automatically opening?

You should find the option for this under "program access and defaults"

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/290670-can-i-disable-file-manager-automatically-opening.html
Relevancy 70.52%

From http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=235571

This will dramatically speed up the login process - If you don't need to utilize Group Policies on the local machine, you can disable parts of it.
Login as Administrator.
Go to Start/Run type in gpedit.msc and click ok.
Right click on the Local Computer Policy entry and select Properties from the menu that appears.
Add checkmarks to the two options within the Disable section. Close out.
Reboot.
Notice the login access time has decreased dramatically.
submitted by The_Wizard tweakxp.com
(not tested)Click to expand...

Would doing this have any detrimental effects for a single user? Will I still be able to make configuration changes?

Relevancy 70.52%

I'm sure this is related to a Trojan getmodule or a spamware that is trying to have me get disable been Manager has Task by your message administrator on a web site Control-alt-delete gives me the error quot Task Manager has been disable by your administrator quot Using Regedit to change the DisableTaskMgr values to the values revert back to after I change it Without TaskManager I don't have any mean to locate and remove the malware Please helpHere is my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Task Manager has been disable by your administrator message v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system uesiuqcr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS arservice exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS ARPWRMSG EXEC Program Files Sonic DigitalMedia Plus DigitalMedia Archive DMAScheduler exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXEC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exeC Documents and Settings Compaq Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC Documents and Settings Compaq Administrator Application Data Facegame Facegame exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXEc windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS regedit exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Documents and Settings Compaq Administrator Desktop HiJackThis exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com me enus R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com me enus R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system uesiuqcr exe O - BHO getsn msiesn - FD DC- C- - BD -C A B - C WINDOWS system getsn dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run AlwaysReady Power Message APP ARPWRMSG EXEO - HKLM Run DMAScheduler c Program Files Sonic DigitalMedia Plus DigitalMedia Archive DMAScheduler exeO - HKLM Run Recguard C WIND... Read more

A:Task Manager has been disable by your administrator message

Hello aton,Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or HereDouble Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan.The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and Paste the entire Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediatly. If you encounter this message:"c:\program files\malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll Unable to register the dll/ocx: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x5" Click on ignore mbamext.dll

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176801/task-manager-has-been-disable-by-your-administrator-message/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a software which requires me to use Ctrl + Alt + R as a hotkey for a process but i'm not being able to use it as every time i press Ctrl + Alt + R Recovery Manager opens. Please help to disable it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-to-disable-Recovery-Manager-Hotkey-combination-i-e-Ctrl/td-p/5618355
Relevancy 69.66%

My scenario is as is We have a ton of companies running windows HP ML G servers These servers have zebra label printers installed on them We have noticed Disable/Enable Devices Manager USB in Windows With Script that these printers will lock up and stop printing until the end user unplugs the device and plugs it back into the computer It will then print and work fine Disable/Enable USB Devices in Windows Manager With Script As this happens frequently we need to find an easier way On our windows servers ML G we created a devcon batch script that could run when the end user selected it To my knowledge devcon is not obtainable without downloading it to a server Is there a simple script i can use to disable a usb device in computer management I have looked into WMI powershell and other batch files But it seems like devcon is the only way if i download it Is there a way to install devcon within the batch file so i can install it to the directory and then run the command all at once Im willing to write code i am not known to devcon

A:Disable/Enable USB Devices in Windows Manager With Script

Hi and welcome to Sevenforums!

DevCon is a stand-alone executable so no install is needed. You can extract it from a WDK(Windows Driver Kit) but make sure you get the correct version for the OS architecture.
http://blogs.technet.com/b/deploymen...evcon-exe.aspx
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...evcon-exe.aspx

If you download it and then put devcon.exe on a local file server you can have the batch file copy it to a local folder from there, before executing the devcon commands.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/362380-disable-enable-usb-devices-windows-manager-script.html
Relevancy 69.66%

how should i know what window manager my pc is running on? where should i check? help plz

A:window manager

unless you have installed a 3rd party on it will be running on windows default

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-manager.1109778/
Relevancy 69.23%

i have My getting manager Registry and disabled keep Task no idea what s going on but my task manager and registry keep getting disabled so i tried deleting the values bellowHKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableRegistryToolsHKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableTaskMgrand they just come back instantly what s causing this i tried using quot Malwarebytes Anti-Malware quot but it auto closes everytime it finishes the scan i followed another steps on a site and it told me to use quot RSIT quot for logs but i have no idea My Registry and Task manager keep getting disabled what s in them please help and let me My Registry and Task manager keep getting disabled know if you find anything infectedhere are the logsLogfile of random s system information tool written by random random Run by Administrator at - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack System drive C has GB free of GBTotal RAM MB My Registry and Task manager keep getting disabled free Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Application Data ec d exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files HPQ HP ProtectTools Security Manager PTHOSTTR EXEC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC program files steam steam exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files QUAD Utilities QUAD Registry Cleaner QUAD Registry Cleaner exeC Program Files QUAD Utilities QUAD Registry Cleaner QUAD Scheduler exeC WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat RocketDock RocketDock exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC WINDOWS regedit exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop RSIT exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files trend micro Administrator exeC DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp owguha exeR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllR - URLSearchHook DVDVideoSoftTB Toolbar - b b - db - -bdd -ac e f - C Program Files DVDVideoSoftTB tbDVD dllF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system sdra exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO DVDVideoSoftTB Toolbar - b b - db - -bdd -ac e f - C Program Files DVDVideoSoftTB tbDVD dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google To... Read more

A:My Registry and Task manager keep getting disabled

Hello AlkowaWelcome to BleepingComputer ==========================One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan or rootkit.This type of infection has the capabilities to allows hacker to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:How Do I Handle Possible Identity Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?When Should I Format, How Should I ReinstallWe can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do.If you still want to clean it please do the following===================Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.Right click on the file and choose extract all extract the file to your desktop then run it.If prompted to restart the computer type in Y then it will restart.Or if you are prompted with a hidden service warning do go ahead and delete it.Once completed it will create a log in your C:\ drivePlease post the contents of that log========Download ComboFix from one of these locations:Link 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopDisable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our toolsDouble click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console. **Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332099/my-registry-and-task-manager-keep-getting-disabled/
Relevancy 69.23%

When I go to task manager it is all grayed out and I can't end any processes. Same deal when i go to regedit. Also I am getting several different pop-ups telling me my computer is not protected from spyware, one telling me that my computers about to reboot, and others coming up every five minutes or so. And when I open Internet Explorer it goes to protectmypc.net. And when I go to a google result it always redirects to protectmypc.net.

I have run ad-aware, microsoft defender, and symantec antivirus, but none of them helped. Can anyone help me?

-Caroline

A:Pop Ups And Task Manager/registry Problems

Hello c5mjohn and Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Try the following..Please download Ewido anti-spyware 4; it is a 30 day trial version of the program.Install ewido security suiteEwido will automatically run at the end.The program will now open to the main screen.When you run ewido for the first time, you may get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.On the top row of the main screen click update.Then click on "Start Update".The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
(the status bar at the top will display ("Update successful")If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.ewido manual updatesDon't run it yet.Reboot into SAFE MODE By pressing the F8 key right when Windows starts, usually right after you hear your computer beep when you reboot it (some versions of windows will display 'Starting Windows' with a grey progress bar) you will be brought to a menu where you can choose to boot into safe mode. Open Ewido anti-malware Click on the scanner button in the top row.Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.During the scan it will prompt you to clean files, click OKWhen the scan is finished, look at the bottom left of the screen and click the "Save Scan Report" button.Click on "Save Report As".Save the report to your desktopClose EwidoPlease reboot back to normal mode and the ewido log you previously save to your desktop. Once you have done this, follow the Preparation Guide Before Posting A HijackThis Log, before posting your log, along with the Ewido log in new topic in our HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum.Hope this heps,Charles

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56458/pop-ups-and-task-managerregistry-problems/
Relevancy 69.23%

I'm through googling and searching since nothing i try ever works. All of the stuff above won't open. They just appear for a split-second and close directly. Please help me.

A:Msconfig, task manager, and registry

Nevermind. I shut down my pc and booted it up on safe mode. next thing i know, when i booted up windows on normal mode, everything was back to normal. Still, does anyone wish to shed light on this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/msconfig-task-manager-and-registry-440011.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Well this is annoying I somehow got a pretty nasty bit of malware I try to go to housecall trendmicro com and get a timeout but the rest of my internet actually seems faster Spybot won t open neither will hijack this I Locked and of out task registry manager the used Malwarebytes which is the only thing that I ve found to actually open and it only finds five in the registry but there has to be more Locked out of the registry and task manager The keys are HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableRegistryTools Hijack Regedit - gt HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableTaskMgr Hijack TaskManager HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center AntiVirusDisableNotify Disabled SecurityCenter HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center FirewallDisableNotify Disabled SecurityCenter - gt HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center UpdatesDisableNotify Disabled SecurityCenter - gt I use malwarebytes to delete them then I quickly open the registry and the task manager Within a couple of seconds all five of those keys are already back up and running I can get the registry up and the task manager though I ve figured that out But the main thing is I can t get it to go away I can t get into safe mode It blue screens on me Performance wise everything is normal but on restart my network adapter is sometimes disabled It doesn t disable itself really fast like it does with the registry Need help nbsp

A:Locked out of the registry and task manager

Ahem.

It also corrupted Malwarebytes', but I redownloaded it, and it works now. It also finds these files now:
Files Infected:
G:\Documents and Settings\----\Local Settings\Temp\lnnj.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
G:\Documents and Settings\---\Local Settings\Temp\wincllwr.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
G:\Documents and Settings\----\Local Settings\Temp\winmyyt.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
G:\Documents and Settings\----\Local Settings\Temp\leyj.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locked-out-of-the-registry-and-task-manager.830291/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi TSG'ers

I recently had a problem where my desktop settings were changed and I am no longer able to access my taskmgr application since it says that the administrator has changed my authorization.

I am the only person on this machine and I am the administrator!

Can anyone tell me the registry settings that I can change to undo this?
Thanks

My Config
Windows XP SP1 plus numerous security patches
Dell Dimension Desktop Intel P4 @ 3.0

A:Registry Settings for Task Manager

Disabled settings
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"DisableTaskMgr"=dword:00000001

TO ENABLE [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"DisableTaskMgr"=dword:00000000

to reset

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\TaskManager]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/registry-settings-for-task-manager.354739/
Relevancy 69.23%

I saw that someone was helped with the same problem that I have My task manager and registry editor close within a second of opening I have downloaded hijack it but dont know what to do next registry manager task problem and plz help my log file is task manager and registry problem Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes task manager and registry problem C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system task manager and registry problem services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS System S apphk exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB evntsvc exe C WINDOWS wt updater wcmdmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Totem Shared Uninstall upd exe C Program Files Stop-the-Pop-Up stopthepop exe C PROGRA COMMON Toolbar winnet exe C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C WINDOWS System DUMP - INI EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook no name - D DFF D -B B- -B - C C C B - C PROGRA COMMON BTLINK btlink dll F - win ini load iexpIore exe F - win ini run iexpIore exe O - Hosts O - Hosts www dcsresearch com O - BHO BabeIE - - - - - - C PROGRA COMMON Toolbar cnbabe dll O - BHO no name - F - E - - C - AA A DA - C WINDOWS System FOne dll O - BHO no name - CC-E FF- F C-BC -DBEF B BC - C WINDOWS ipinsigt dll O - BHO no name - EF - E - - C - AA A DA - C WINDOWS System mpz dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - A CF -F BF- AF -A A - F BED - C PROGRA SEARCH stoolbar dll O - BHO no name - C E E- E - - E - F E - no file O - BHO no name - FB B-C - B C- E D-D EA D F - no file O - BHO no name - B BC -A - D -AD F-C AC D - C WINDOWS System btiein dll O - BHO no name - DD A - AEB- F- B-CD FDCB - C WINDOWS System veg dll O - BHO MediaLoads Enhanced - A BA-EA F- B -AA - A ACD E - C Program Files MediaLoads Enhanced ME DLL O - BHO Webster Toolbar - E F - FA- d - - CA - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files m-wtoolbar dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c windows downloaded program files googletoolbar en -big dll O - BHO no name - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO Url Catcher - CE A F - D - - FBE-A D F BC F - C PROGRA BARGAI bin apuc dll O - BHO no name - D DFF D -B B- -B - C C C B - C PROGRA COMMON BTLINK btlink dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - c Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar amp hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Merriam-Webster - E F - FA- D - - CA - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files m-wtoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Search Toolbar - A D D- D- - - AD F A - C PROGRA SEARCH stoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c windows downloaded program files googletoolbar en -big dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run PreloadApp c hp drivers printers photosmart hphprld exe c hp drivers printers photosmart setup exe -d O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run S apphk S apphk exe O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system... Read more