Windows Support Forum

Logon missing for Admin

Q: Logon missing for Admin

W- with SP Have User accounts one missing for Admin Logon as quot pat Admin quot the other as quot alex Admin Password protected quot Whether booting Restart Switch User Log off the quot alex Administrator Password Protected quot does not appear anywhere except in quot User Accounts Manage another account quot from the CP It boots directly to quot pat quot Switch User quot just opens back to quot pat quot same with Log off PC had been infected with mucho Adware and was cleaned with this problem resulting System Restore had no affect it rebooted to quot pat quot with no User option Safe Mode has no affect quot alex quot in quot Manage Accounts quot quot Make changes to alex's account quot has the options available quot netplwiz quot quot Users quot has quot alez quot and quot pat quot quot pat quot is accessable to add a password quot alex quot is not Logon missing for Admin clickable I can access all of Alex core folders in quot C Users alex quot Help appreciated Pete

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Logon missing for Admin

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Logon missing for Admin

In netplwiz / Users, is Alex still an admin? If not, can you click on Alex or click Properties and go to Group Membership and make him so? Then reboot.

Otherwise, I would assume corruption of the account, and would rescue data, delete the account and make a new one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/363932-logon-missing-admin.html
Relevancy 55.04%

How can I overcome the annoyance of being asked to run certain progs as admin when I already am...How can I log in permanently as admin to avoid this.I would appreciate any help on the above subject

Thanks iknownuffin 70

A:Win 8.1 how to logon always as admin

Hello Phil,

You could use the built-in elevated "Administrator" to sign in to Windows to always "Run as administrator", but you will not be able to use any modern Store apps while signed in to this account.

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

If that would be an issue, then you could use the method in the tutorial below to create elevated shortcuts of the programs you run often for this to not get prompted by UAC.

Elevated Program Shortcut without UAC Prompt - Create - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/56505-win-8-1-how-logon-always-admin.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have been tasked with rejuvenating a pc with win 200 sp4 installed. The unit was given as a gift from a company that was upgrading hardware. The problem is of course The pc boots, win 2000 starts but the dreaded login window appears( administrator). The supplier does not know what the admin password may have been. (small company with frequent staff changes). Any hope to reclaim this or am I destined for a new OS install?

Relevancy 54.18%

I'm having problem running a new program on my computer when i'm logged in as admin. But i can run it on other log on's
and i can run this program on my laptop (windows xp pro). I can also run this same program on win 2000 and win me computers that my friends have.

Has anyone had the same prob I would love to hear from you

Thanks

AnnaG

windows xp pro
intel celeron mmx 300 mhz
128mb ram

A:Program won't run on admin logon

You could have a look at the Admin's Username within Windows Explorer by right clicking the UserName in question's folder and choosing Sharing and Security/Security then check all your settings in Permissions at the bottom. Or try removing/adding that particular account again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-wont-run-on-admin-logon.105276/
Relevancy 54.18%

Microsoft finally got me to answer a new window that popped up asking for a Lockout?? W2K-Admin Logon Admin Password Well what can say I had a weak moment and put my favorite password into the blank box For about years this PC has been working relatively trouble free Now this Idiot pc will not let me logon no matter what form of password I put into the box This is the Admin Logon window I am almost at the point of reformating the hard drive however I thought of another angle to attack this W2K-Admin Logon Lockout?? problem Of course I never created an ERD while the Win K was running fne So I m left to other creative approaches Fortunately this pc is equipped with a changeable hard drive drawer and I have Win and Win XP installed on two other hard drives Questions Can I format the hard drive of the Win XP drive and reinstall Win to generate a brand new ERD Then I can finally plug this floppy in to salvage my problem hard drive with Win Q is all this worth the trouble Will the ERD actually help me reclaim the pc and allow me to reset Admin password Or do I really need to give up and reformat the problem hard disk with Win Fortunately I have been able to copy files off this problem drive through the use of a USB adpater onto another pc HELP nbsp

A:W2K-Admin Logon Lockout??

tomwalop,

I sent you a private message to a link that might help you out. Good Luck,

TK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w2k-admin-logon-lockout.397110/
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently did a clean install of Vista Ultimate.
When I ran setup it asked for a name and choose a picture. Every start-up since then brought me directly to my desktop.

I installed Office Ultimate a few days ago and now when I start up it consistently takes me to the welcome screen and forces me to choose "Administrator" or the name I typed during install. I have UAC disabled, but I'm not sure that has an impact here as it booted fine before.

Outside of system restore, is there a way to regain my 'normal' start-up again?

A:Admin logon questions...

Originally Posted by da180

I recently did a clean install of Vista Ultimate.
When I ran setup it asked for a name and choose a picture. Every start-up since then brought me directly to my desktop.

I installed Office Ultimate a few days ago and now when I start up it consistently takes me to the welcome screen and forces me to choose "Administrator" or the name I typed during install. I have UAC disabled, but I'm not sure that has an impact here as it booted fine before.

Outside of system restore, is there a way to regain my 'normal' start-up again?

this tutorial may help u.
Good luck

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/220960-admin-logon-questions.html
Relevancy 54.18%

In a 2003 server domain. I want only the admin to be able to logon to a certain box. How would I do this? I am looking on the web for any answers feel free to let me know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-admin-logon-only.413639/
Relevancy 53.75%

System WinXP SP When I logon at quot user screen quot logon is to quot system quot admin account instead of personal users account Only two user accounts on this computer both have admin rights Account...! Admin Logon Incorrect but initial Incorrect Logon Admin Account...! log on by either logs on to Admin account instead of specific user desktop If user logs off and then logs on again the correct user desktop will then be available but it requires two logons I Incorrect Logon Admin Account...! have sought help here on other forum see link and posted some images there of screens I see displayed but thought that perhaps a HJT log analysis might point to the cause of this logon problem as I have not made any progress in fixing this logon problem http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -winxp-logon-problem html Help always much appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FWService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe c windows explorer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FirewallGUI exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C HJT HijackThis exe F - REG system ini Shell c windows explorer exe F - REG system ini UserInit c windows system userinit exe O - BHO no name - BCA - A - eaf- - C B D - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar no name - ED - D- A-BBCF- C AC AE - no file O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run PCTFW quot C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FirewallGUI exe quot -s O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECaptureSelLinks html O - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppendSelLinks html O - Extra context menu item Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html O - Extra context menu item Convert selection to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra context menu item Convert to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html O - Extra context menu item Convert to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O -... Read more

A:Incorrect Logon Admin Account...!

Hiya

Are you still having this problem? If so, do the following:

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.

Click Close to exit the program.
================

The version of HijackThis that you have is out of date. Uninstall that, and install this new one:

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe

Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/incorrect-logon-admin-account.786483/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all,

I am trying to load a mobile broadband dongle onto my laptop.

However it will not load the drivers from the dongle. I am pretty sure it is because I am not an administrator of the laptop.

As I am installing the dongle it tries to load and download the drivers however I get an access denied.

I have tried to log on locally using net user administrator/:yes and I also get access denied.

I do not know the admin password (it's a work laptop) however most of my colleagues have loaded a dongle with no issue.

I have also tried to manually transfer the drivers from one laptop to another ! however they still will not copy.

Any help is muchhhh appreciated.

Thanks in advance

A:How can I load drivers - without an admin logon

Hello Dinzy, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Sorry, but you will need to talk with the IT manager or department at your work to have them install it instead, if they will allow it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/113585-how-can-i-load-drivers-without-admin-logon.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, i have Windows XP Pro. How do i log on as admin? All my songs etc are on that account but it doesnt give me anyway to log onto admin since i created a second user account itjust atomatically puts me on that and when i goto log off the new screen that comes up only has the option of logging into the new user i made. Any advice please?

Also how do i make more than three icons display in the quick launch bar at one time without some of them hiding away?

Thanks Richard.

Relevancy 53.32%

When I disable secondary logon service in my admin account, I still get prompts for run as admin on my standard account. Am I misunderstanding secondary logon? I thought the whole point was to deny elevation for the account I browse with. Thanks in advance!

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54720-disabling-secondary-logon-still-get-admin-prompts.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I need to have a login name with a password and admin permissions but don't want to disturb the usual user by forcing a choice of logins where before her PC just opened for her automatically.

I do a bit of support for some U3A folk and want to install Teamviewer on some of their machines to do remote support. To be validated across the network or Internet, I need to have a passworded login and don't want to use their login names (many without passwords!) but only one of my choice or preferably the 'hidden' Administrator account (best for full access).

Is it possible to have access to Administrator (I know how to enable it) and not spread confusion by having it plastered on the login screen?

My current networked PC is not W7, alas, so I can't experiment before going to their home.

A:Admin logon but not interfere with auto login?

You can still tell Windows to automatically log in using a specific account even though there are multiple accounts in the system.

Start > type "userpasswords2" in the search bar.

Uncheck "Users must enter a username..... blah blah". Hit Apply.

It will ask for a username/password that it should automatically log in with.

Continue to set up user names as needed or BETTER YET, set up all the usernames you want THEN do this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/143359-admin-logon-but-not-interfere-auto-login.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys, i have a problem, i'm not sure if this issue has been raised or what but here is my problem.My environment:2003 Domain controllerFile and Print server WSUS ServerSQL ServerWindows XP wks2 new Windows 7 wksWhat happens is that when i try to logon to the domain on  the win7 machine as a std user i get error"You cannot log on because the logon method you are using is not allowed on this computer"If i logon with the domain admin account i'm able to logon and also if i make users members of domain admins they are able to logon to the domain. I realy do not believe that this is the way to go because it compromises my network security. Any help will be gladly appreciated.Thanks

A:Non admin users cannot logon to the domain on Windows 7 wks

Symptom: When trying to logon a computer using non administrator ID, you may receive this message: "You cannot log on because the logon method you are using is not allowed on this computer. Please see you network administrator for more details."
Case 1: Group Policy' "Allow log on locally" was not setup to allow users or domain users. To setup allow users or domain users to logon the computer or domain, you need to add the users or domain users to the "Allow log on locally". Please follow these steps to add the users.

1. Run gpedit.msc.2. Expand Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies3. Click on User Rights Assignment4. Ensure that "Allow log on locally" includes Administrators, BackupOperators, Domain Users or Users.

Case 2: Group Policy' "Deny log on locally"  was setup to deny users or domain users. To setup allow users or domain users to logon the computer or domain locally, "Deny log on locally" should be empty or no users or domain users in the list. Please follow these steps to remove the users or domain users from the "Deny log on locally".

1. Run gpedit.msc.2. Expand Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies3. Click on User Rights Assignment4. Ensure that "Deny log on locally" is empty.

Case 3: The local group policy allow user to logon. However, domain group policy which overrides local policy doesn't allow users to logon locally. The resolution is modify the domain policy to allow users to logon locally.

Case 4:  The domain policy allows domain users to logon locally, but the local policy doesn't and the domain policy doesn't apply to the computer. The fix is running gpupdate to force to update the domain policy.
Case 5: Norton Firewall blocks the communication between the client and domain controller. The solution is disabling Norton firewall or re-configuring it to allow to access the domain controller.MCSE, MCSA, MCDST
[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0f750de8-d56e-4951-a2b1-839e55934745/non-admin-users-cannot-logon-to-the-domain-on-windows-7-wks?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 53.32%

So my dads computer was running slow so I downloaded Advanced system care to clear some stuff up and make it run faster It was fine for about days Idk if he did it or if Not to permitted Admin interactively!? Password. logon I somehow did Now instead of his user log in it only shows up as administrator and has a password I can't get onto the home screen to change anything When I click it gives a message saying The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively The biggest problem is when I try to enter safe mode or anything it brings me to the log in screen but I can't even see the administrator account I've been looking up ways to fix the problem for the past few days and he's borrowing a laptop so I had an alternate comp to try anything I could This has been a pain to wrap my head around Please somebody help me D Admin Password. Not permitted to logon interactively!? lt

A:Admin Password. Not permitted to logon interactively!?

I suggest you uninstall Advanced System Care...and any similar programs you may have installed...then follow that by running the chkdsk /r command...tollowed by running the sfc /scannow command.

Registry cleaner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registry_cleaner

Registry Cleaner FAQ, PC Support - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/registry-cleaner/a/registry-cleaner-faq.htm

Registry Cleaner, Animal - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526247/tune-up-utilities-2014-problem/?p=3303494

How to perform disk error checking in Windows XP, chkdsk - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

LEARN how to use SFC.EXE (system file checker) - http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551717/admin-password-not-permitted-to-logon-interactively/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, A friend has installed Windows 2003 and when the computer boots he is prompted to hold down the Control+Alt+Delete as a security feature before entering The Log On password. I would like to know if a password was not set upon installation if the prompt would still appear ? Also I would like to know if this feature can be bypassed somewhere in the settings.

THANKS

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I have a friend who used his computer yesterday and today when he attempted to logon to his computer as himself (admin) it tells him "user profile cannot be loaded". I attempted to help him boot into safe mode and change his password. He changed it and it still brings up the same error message. He does have another profile account that his daughter uses but no admin actions can be taken from her account. What can I do to help my friend? This is a challenge I have never encountered during my learning of how to troubleshoot pc's.

A:Can't logon to admin windows vista profile

Ouch. Sounds like a corrupted %USERPROFILE% and the fix requires the Admin-Id.

Have you tried running a System Restore? I will prompt for the admin password.
Issue is, not entirely sure the user's profiles are saved in the restore points.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-logon-to-admin-windows-vista-profile.216968/
Relevancy 52.46%

I had a new Windows 8.1 Pro system installed. Was able to logon to it with no problem. The computer name was OWNER. Changed it to what my previous computer was named. Now during startup the Admin logon gives the following message:
The user name or password is incorrect. Try again.
When I click on 'OK' I'm presented with a signon screen with Admin as the user name. No password that I enter works. When I lookup the signon accounts Admin is NOT one of them.
Listed the user accounts and found the following item for Admin:

AccountType=512
Description=
Disabled=FALSE
Domain=JAMESGATEWAY-PC
FullName=JAMES FLETCHER
InstallDate=
LocalAccount=TRUE
Lockout=FALSE
Name=Admin
PasswordChangeable=TRUE
PasswordExpires=FALSE
PasswordRequired=FALSE
SID=S-1-5-21-1214041905-3759206490-3728594358-1001
SIDType=1
Status=OK

Any idea on how to fix this problem.

A:Default logon acccount (Admin) gives error message

Do you mean you changed the Computer Name from Owner to JAMESGATEWAY-PC or that you renamed the login account name from Owner to something else?

What folders show under C:\Users?

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/51097-default-logon-acccount-admin-gives-error-message.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,
I want to know how to remove Windows 7 logon screen and admin password when

reset disk is not available?

A:How to remove Windows 7 logon screen and admin password?

Hi Amin2234,

As far as I know, this option is useful in case we will forget the passwords in the future. If we have created a password reset disk, we can use it to reset the password without re-installing the machine. If this option is missing or corrupted,
we will have to reinstall the machine if we have forgotten the password.

As for the security reasons, it is not available to reset the password without the resetting password disk. We shouldn`t be worried about this.

Best Regards,
Tao

Please
mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.
If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact
[email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/29e90ccf-1fbd-4205-8ef3-5d47193e7865/how-to-remove-windows-7-logon-screen-and-admin-password?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a couple of low-level apps that should be started on logon stay on the system tray and require admin privileges The most important of them is NextSensor my processor tends to overheat especially in summer which is now starting here in the Southern Hemisphere and is predicted to be hotter than usual this year and NextSensor throttles it down to safety when CPU temperature approaches dangerous levels Actually NextSensor is the main reason why I'm running -bit Windows it won't run on -bit because it needs to run its own system drivers for that and it doesn't have apps LOGON in doesn't (TS Admin AT work) std accts a -bit version yet Just putting a shortcut to NextSensor in the Startup folder will cause annoying UAC prompts every time I logon to a standard account Using Task Scheduler works great if I logon to an admin account but no setting Admin apps in std accts AT LOGON (TS doesn't work) I have tried will make it just quietly start and go to the system tray in a standard account - Setting it to run as an admin user in Task Scheduler either Admin apps in std accts AT LOGON (TS doesn't work) as an admin account or the Administrators group also forces me to check Run only when this user is logged on otherwise it won't ever appear on the tray Admin apps in std accts AT LOGON (TS doesn't work) Windows disables user interaction when this option is unchecked Predictably duh this causes the task not to run if I just log on to a standard account even if I configure the task to run specifically at that account's logon The quot At logon of any user quot trigger is ignored - it will only run when I logon to an admin account It is also not there as a background process I checked it in Task Manager quot Show processes from all users quot - Setting NextSensor to run as the standard user itself at that account's logon and checking quot Run with the highest privileges quot will make it run but only after an annoying UAC prompt at logon which I want to avoid Of course this is the same result I get just placing an ordinary shortcut to NextSensor at the Startup folder which is much simpler and less resource-intensive - I also tried the Task Scheduler shortcut method described in a tutorial here placing the shortcut to the task at Startup A DOS window appears at logon for a brief fraction of a second not long enough for me to read anything in it if there is even anything to be read there but the task won't be started Again it doesn't appear in Task Manager and is not in the background either - it's really not running Without the safeguard of NextSensor I am avoiding doing any CPU-intensive task for now until I solve this problem Any suggestions Thanks

A:Admin apps in std accts AT LOGON (TS doesn't work)

See if this will help"

Mike Lin's Home Page

Right click on a blank area below any items listed that you want the app to run on and select "add".

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/38790-admin-apps-std-accts-logon-ts-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Admin acct was enabled during malware cleanup. I've tried the 'net user Administrator /active:no' and it's not working.

Need to be able to boot straight to desktop.

Options?

A:Disable Admin acct OR remove logon screen?

Hi Netghost56 Did you run the command inside a command prompt opened with Admin Rights (right-click on cmd and select Run as Administrator)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574956/disable-admin-acct-or-remove-logon-screen/
Relevancy 52.03%

I am having a strange problem on a Windows XP system that is on the domain. I installed Windows XP on this system and added my group as administrator and created a local admin ID. The user was ok and able to use his system but then after a reboot was unable to logon to his system using his cached domain acct. and I was unable to logon using the admin id. Has anyone seen this before? If so or not any ideas on how to fix it remotely.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-logon-using-cached-domain-acct-or-local-admin.408861/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I m having several issues with my Sony Vaio Profile Lock turned Logon User Failed Admin Out...Help! Windows bit Home Premium Laptop A few days ago upon start-up I received an error message when trying to login to my Admin account My caps were not on and I was entering the correct password Error message - quot User Profile Failed Logon quot I am able to log on to a secondary user account that does not have admin authority so I m basically stuck To make matters worse I did a bunch of shutdowns restarts to see if it would fix itself and now I get quot password incorrect quot error message on Admin acct I do not User Profile Failed Logon turned Admin Lock Out...Help! have any cd s for the pc due User Profile Failed Logon turned Admin Lock Out...Help! to Hurricane Sandy and I don t have another laptop I went to Youtube and found a Safe Mode Registry Fix that was super easy and was going to try it but now that I am no longer receiving the quot User Profile Failed Logon quot and have subsequently locked myself out I m not sure this fix applies I ve read tons of blogs and have visited countless forums and I m afraid to cause any more damage lose access to the secondary user account or the ability to connect to the net I definitely cannot afford to have it serviced and am hoping that I can resolve these issues with your help nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I was changing the permissions to one of the user accounts on my laptop, but now that account has disappeared from the welcome screen, although you can log onto the account if u change to the standard windows logon.
However It does not appear in the user accounts in control panel, i have even tried using the run command "control userpasswords2" to access it but it is not listed there as a valid account either, however if i try to recreate the account i get an error msg saying it already exists, i cannot even find a way of deleting the account...HELP!!!!please ( i have windows xp home edition)

A:xp logon missing

If you disabled the account it will not show up in the Normal Users Accounts or UserPasswords2. From Userpasswords2 click on the Advanced tab, then click on the Advanced button. Then open up the users folder.

Were you screwing around in the Registry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-logon-missing.255739/
Relevancy 47.73%

I right click on the .exe file in the file manager and select Pin to Start Menu. The Tile appears and works. However, the next time I log on that tile has disappeared. Any ideas on what's happening?

A:Tile missing on every logon

What is the executable you are trying to pin?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/28401-tile-missing-every-logon.html
Relevancy 47.73%

When i boot up the system hangs at the blue windows xp screen, the 'Windows is starting' is missing and it goes no further, the logon screen does not appear so i can't get in. I have recovery console on and i can get into the drive by booting in from another drive/operating system. how can i rectify the problem?

Steve.

A:XP, Welcome screen missing, cannot logon

have you tried firing up your syystem and hitting F8 on your keyboard to get into "safe mode " ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-welcome-screen-missing-cannot-logon.368983/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have Win XP Professoinal on an OEM installed Dell Dimension C My user logon seems to be missing Recently I installed some antivirus software that comes with my ATT DSL account An error encountered during the install prompted me to make a registry change that involved something like changing the parent permissions - I recall two check boxes beneath the user accounts Regardless I backed up the registry prior to making the change After I edited the registry I noticed two things XP Missing in User Logon The only user account that was listed in the Registry editor which was quot Guest quot was gone The drives were missing on quot My computer quot and there was just a box that had a -z Now when I restart the computer my user account and icon is Missing User Logon in XP missing and there is Missing User Logon in XP a blue screen with a windows xp icon to the right of center and it hangs I cannot start in safe mode I get the same screen as above I was able to start receovery console after I used NT Offline Password and Registry Editor to quot unenforce quot the administrator password login since it wouldn t take a blank password or my usual password My question is - can I recover I do have a registry backup and I have all of my data backed up I m just trying to avoid reinstalling programs I am aware of repair installs Just wondering if there is a better option Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

tho I rarely use it, i now have need for the 'run as administrator' option. i recall it available via r-clik context menu on a selected item. it is not there now. what happened? can i get it back, or is there an alternate way?

thnx.

A:Run As Admin Missing

Hello MourningStar,

Hopefully this will help.

Run as Administrator - Add or Remove from Context Menu in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/221083-run-admin-missing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Have a Gateway Desktop. Upgraded from 8 to 8.1.
Somehow I disabled the disabled Password Logon and its back asking for a password at boot.
Owner doesn't remember original password when setup.
I have a password blanking cd that I've used on both 8 and 8.1 pc's.
The problem is I can't boot from the CD and I can't, obviously, use that wonderful new setting, "Update", "Update and Recovery" and the option to boot with USB, CD etc. since I can't access the OS.
I have the BIOS set for the CD/DVD drive for first boot however boot options only show the "UEFI: ST....." drive.
So I can't boot from within or without.

Pete

A:Can't boot from CD (w-8.1) Missing Logon password

Never mind.
Found the CSM to boot into Legacy boot and was able to see the boot order.
Thanks to those who thought of me before answering.
Pete

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/36507-cant-boot-cd-w-8-1-missing-logon-password.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi

I somehow lost my logon screen prompt. I have more than one user on my home PC and want to prevent other users accessing my account, but when I boot up I log straight on without having to enter the administrator password. I get prompted for a password only when logging on and off between users. Can someone suggest how to fix this please.

Thanks

A:Logon prompt screen missing

Run a search for

logonui.exe

If you don't have that on yourcomputer anymore, that's the problem. Just download a fresh copy by searching www.ask.co.uk

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-prompt-screen-missing-9925.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a bit of an odd one to me I ve worked to unable on missing XP / log Windows Logon on this computer before- and to give you an idea as to why I don t want to reimage it it is the laptop of a coworker s son who was killed in action- his mother has had me repair it a Windows XP missing Logon / unable to log on few times when it had Windows XP missing Logon / unable to log on problems She gave it to me a few months ago when the logon screen stopped coming up This is an Acer Aspire- so you see the windows quot Starting Windows XP quot screen and then it rolls over to the acer Aspire background screen The mouse icon appears And then it sits there forever alt-control-delete doesn t work I have replaced the kernel and logonui from i - didn t work I have scandisk spinrite virus scanned the disk- found some problems fixed them didn t work I have rebuilt the windows install- didn t work I ve used UBCD to check out the registry and disk and I can gain access to everything just fine- I just can t get it to get to the logon screen to actually allow you onto the system I ve made a couple of backups of the data to be sure it s safe Suggestions very much welcome

A:Windows XP missing Logon / unable to log on

<<I have rebuilt the windows install- didn't work.>>It helps if we know exactly what you did and did not do.Whatever "rebuilding the windows install" might be...it's not necessarily an effective solution for every computer situation. In fact, it's quite ineffective when confronted with hardware and malware situations.Did you run the correct respective hard drive diagnostic, downloadable from the hard drive manufacturer's website?Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318065/windows-xp-missing-logon-unable-to-log-on/
Relevancy 46.87%

So I am new to vista and i was messing around with the user accounts For some reason when i go to switch user or log of I only have the option to log on as a regular user without admin rights its says AMD below the picture Now if i go into the user account settings i see my created admin account missing admin account but i can not make any changes since I have no admin rights on the account i am logged in with When I try to switch users I cant because admin account missing only the account with no rights appears I tried to boot in save mode to see if the admin account is hidden it is not but it says ASP NET with the name of the admin account no idea if that means any thing When I try to unhide a account if gives me error messages So I have an admin account but it is not visible when trying to log in in order for me to install programs or allow downloads in need to be the admin Any suggestions

A:admin account missing

Hello Uzzi, and welcome to Vista Forums.

It sounds like you may have changed your user account type to a Standard account leaving you with only this account and the hidden built-in Administrator account. See if you can boot into Safe Mode and log into the built-in Administrator account, then change your user account back to being a adminstrator type account.

User Account Type

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/216321-admin-account-missing.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello:
I have a Vundo infection so I tried to use combofix. Everything seem to be correct but I am not able to logon correctly another time to windows XP. Since this machine is from work, I am administrator with network profile password but don't have the password for the computer standing alone (no network) Now, when I try to log on there is a message that says that GINAG42B.dll is missing. I have remove the hard disk and look for it on windows/system32 and is already there. Since I don't have the local password I am not able to log into the computer to uninstall combofix. Don't know what to do, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks and regards

A:Combofix error dll missing on windows logon

Hi NEWYNE, and welcome to BleepingComputer.ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.I will see if I can get a moderator to move this topic to the Am I Infected forum where it will get the kind of attention it warrants.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/189655/combofix-error-dll-missing-on-windows-logon/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello BleepingComputer,

I recently ran my MBAM (malwarebytes) for an antimalware scan, and it had detected C:\WINDOWS\system32\logon.exe as a Trojan.Agent,and before thinking it through, I decided to go along with its decision and "delete on reboot." Now everytime I login, a windows error message comes up that says "missing logon.exe, check your system if its spelled right, etc etc" and it seems everytime I open up Windows Explorer, it crashes... Is there any way I can get a "replacement logon.exe," or what else can I do?
Thanks in advance for your help!
~Obfuscated

A:Missing C:\Windows\system32\logon.exe?/MOVED

Logon.exe is malware...winlogon.exe is a valid Windows file.http://www.baidumsg.com/Howtoremove/Howtoremove_40281.htmlhttp://www.prevx.com/filenames/X1615289856.../LOGON.EXE.htmlhttp://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/winlogon.exe.htmlI am going to suggest that your post be moved to the Am I Infected forum, where those more knowledgeable can assist you.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/229102/missing-cwindowssystem32logonexemoved/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I have a problem - there are no user icons on my quot interactive logon screen quot - only the quot Turn off Pete's Laptop quot button down at the bottom left I normally all logon icons at Missing screen! user use the XP-click-on-your-username-next-to-the-sunflower-or-snowboarder logon screen Pressing ctrl-alt-del Missing all user icons at logon screen! does not bring up a logon dialogue box - at my logon screen I usually just click on one of my user profiles I didn't do anything out of the ordinary on my computer before shutting down last night and I have antivirus malware software running always and nothing showed up prior to logging off - in fact nothing has shown up for ages Now I can't get into my computer at all even using different safe modes - there are just no users shown I've searched for quot fixes quot on MS-KB but can't find anything that resembles this problem Sorry to be really thick but can someone help me please My OS is XP SP I have user accounts that usually show up - one is quot Pete quot my usual one a limited account and the other is quot System Protection quot admin account that I only use to install programmes and make system changes - I was using Pete last night Guest and admin accounts do not usually show up as options to click on - never enabled them My laptop came with a recovery section loaded onto a hidden and hopefully protected partition on the HD - unfortunately I don't know how to access this if I can't get into the comp When I first loaded Windows I remember being prompted to make a Vaio recovery disk actually there were and it took a while - but I'm also unsure how to make them work Thanks in advance for people's input if there is any Pete

A:Missing all user icons at logon screen!

The recovery partition is usually booted if you press one of the F keys during startup and to make the recovery disks work you have to start the computer up with the first one you made in the Cd drive. (So that it will boot from the CD)

Also I don't know why you would have 2 Accounts unless you have a 5 year old that gets on the computer too. I would just have one account that is admin but thats just me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-all-user-icons-at-logon-screen-152627.html
Relevancy 46.44%

A computer I am working on has a strange problem. When booting up the machine(win98) the machine bypasses the logon box(name, password, domain)and goes directly to the first screen, you know my computer, net. neighborhood, I don't know the proper name for this screen. I have numerous other 98 machines that do the logon correctly. The network is running tcp/ip and DHCP to connect to the network.

A:{Advice Offered} - Missing win98 logon box

Greetings

Ok, there are a few things to check:

1) Do a search for *.pwl When you have a list of all these files, delete them.

2) Check the network settings and make sure that the PC is using the Client for Microsoft Networks logon.

3) If it still does not work, then you might have the wrong driver for your network card. Get the latest driver for the network card (a good place to look is www.windrivers.com ). Put the drivers onto a diskette, and then open up Device manager and delete the Network Card entry. Then reboot. Win9x will auto-detect the card, and you will either be given the oppertunity to install the updated driver then, or Win98 will install the old driver again. If it installs the old driver again, then go into Device manager, select the network card and go to it's properties, and then click on the Update Driver button.

Good luck

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-missing-win98-logon-box.29129/
Relevancy 46.44%

I don't know what to do please help

A:logon program cant start because DEVOBJ.dll is missing

Hello aprilbennett and welcome to TSF!

Did you do anything prior to this happening such as turning off you're laptop during windows updates, install drivers/software or perhaps dropping your laptop?

Do you have access to a windows 7 repair disk?

Also could you please list the make and model of your computer/laptop, or if its custom build the full spec (including PSU)

Thanks,
Alt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/logon-program-cant-start-because-devobj-dll-is-missing-659540.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I have a problem - there are no user icons on my quot interactive logon screen quot - only the quot Turn off Pete s Laptop quot button down at the bottom left I normally use the Missing all screen! at user icons logon XP-click-on-your-username-next-to-the-sunflower-or-snowboarder logon screen Pressing ctrl-alt-del does not bring up a logon dialogue box - at my logon screen I usually just click on one of my user profiles I didn t do anything out of the ordinary on my computer before shutting down last night and I have antivirus malware software running always and nothing showed up prior to Missing all user icons at logon screen! logging off - in fact nothing has shown up for ages Now I can t get into my computer at all even using different safe modes - there are just no users shown I ve searched for quot fixes quot on MS-KB but can t find anything that resembles this problem except for an old post on this forum here And what folk were saying to do on that thread was a little above my head Sorry to be really thick but can someone help me please My OS is XP SP I have user accounts that usually show up - one is quot Pete quot my usual one a limited account and the other is quot System Protection quot admin account that I only use to install programmes and make system changes - habit of mine left over from Linux days - I was using Pete last night Guest and admin accounts do not usually show up as options to click on - never enabled them My laptop came with a recovery section loaded onto a hidden and hopefully protected partition on the HD - unfortunately I don t know how to access this if I can t get into the comp When I first loaded Windows I remember being prompted to make a Vaio recovery disk actually there were and it took a while - but I m also unsure how to make them work and also on the original post about this people suggested I may just end up with the same problem although please correct me if I ve misinterpreted this Thanks in advance for people s input if there is any Pete If we knew what we were doing it wouldn t be called research would it Albert Einstein nbsp

A:Missing all user icons at logon screen!

Sony VAIO. Typical problem. You need to call their tech support if still under warranty. If out of warranty, reinstall the 8 disc recovery set.
It may be a spyware, trojan, or virus problem, but that is not helpful if you cannot boot up to fix it.
The Sony VAIO does not allow a Windows XP repair... only recovery or restore of the original install set... so you may be forced to reformat and reinstall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/missing-all-user-icons-at-logon-screen.75914/
Relevancy 46.44%

Good day all-- been a while since I've been here (thank goodness really) means not too many probs.. Here is mine. Bought used laptop. I can only sign on as "limited" user. No admin account there to switch too. As ya know,,, can't do all with "limited" account.. Help please .................. and is S. K. still around???

Relevancy 46.44%

NTLDR is missing and I don't know the Admin Password

I have done everything I can think of. I tried creating a boot disk from instructions on the web and that didn't work.

I have tried every password I can think of. I have hit enter with no luck.

I was trying to get a password find download but could not find any that seemed legit.....

I booted up a vista cd but it wanted to wipe out everything I had on my harddrive.

When I try to Repair it from the Wind XP cd it needs an admin password which I can not figure out. Is there a download that I can transfer to my thumb drive to get my computer back up again. I have a Dell Vostro 1520.

Thank you so much!
Kristy

A:NTLDR is missing and no Admin Password

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

You will need to contact Dell for the Admin password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ntldr-is-missing-and-no-admin-password-790554.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Am I in trouble Ok heres the deal My moms computer had a big red X next to the C Drive so I ran AVG and it wouldnt work it just froze up So I did some poking around online and found Vundo So I ran it and it found a bunch of stuff and then deleted it all Then when I restarted the PC I get the quot NTLDR is missing Press ctrl-alt-delete to restart quot error message So I found out how to fix that with a boot disk Here comes problem number one the recovery disk is HP Windows XP sp Im not sure if the OS is the same because the disk is from my laptop both are HP windows xp So I put in the disk hit ctrl-alt-del and press enter to boot from disk Everything looks normal it says windows setup and is loading files at the bottom of the screen At the welcome screen I press R and am taken to the recovery console This is where it gets weird I get this list which reads E MiniNt have NTLDR no is admin password! and I missing E I C WINDOWS D WINDOWS NTLDR is missing and I have no admin password! So I press and Enter and get this C WINDOWS gt I hit enter and I guess I dont need a password I enter MAP and get this E FAT MB Device Harddisk Partition C NTFS MB Device Harddisk Partition D NTFS MB Device Harddisk Partition A Device Floppy F Device CdRom then I type quot copy c ntldr c quot and hit ENTER The it says quot Access is denied quot Now what do I do This computer is kinda old and has a three HDs with over gigs of storage and she has filled about gigs with whatever stuff she has pictures and videos and whatnot and tons of business stuff shes a loan officer I would hate to tell her that I ruined her computer What can I do Please help me figure this out We would be more than happy to offer a donation to the site if we can get some advice Thanks in advance J D nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I DO NOT HAVE ANY USER NAMES ON MY WELCOME SCREEN.
I was tring to set up a user for myself besides admin and that is where all my problems started.

A:admin icon missing on welcome screen(xp)

Welcome to Techspot I hope you enjoy it here.
It sounds like you did not check the 'Users must enter a user name and passwrd to use this computer ' on the user accounts page for each user including Admin.
If this doesn't work there are other things that can affect this but I would need more info.
Remember the Admin user and user #1 can't have the same name
Tell us how it works out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-icon-missing-on-welcome-screen-xp.12012/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm having some issues with one of my PC's After about a minute at desktop it would completely lock up Using msconfig I was able to isolate at least one of the Computer freezes/admin missing things causing it a service called 'Windows Management Instrumentation' Keeping it and it's co-responding service unchecked in msconfig stops the freeze and allows my computer ot seemingly work as if Computer freezes/admin missing all is well Computer freezes/admin missing However I'm skeptical that is the case Also another problem occurred yesterday all of a sudden my admin account no longer displayed on the login screen I had taken my PC to a repair shop last week and the guy created a new account this account has administrator priveledges just as the old one does However it is missing a lot of files and documents that were from my old account When booting in safe mode both accounts still display Why Computer freezes/admin missing is this Another question does anyone know what the service CaReTaKeR-CT NetMgr is does It looks a bit seedy so I've currently disabled it Thanks in advance for any insight assistance

A:Computer freezes/admin missing

Hi and Welcome,
WMI is legit, but what I am seeing you are correct in caretaker-ct. You should do post in hjt.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezes-admin-missing-166849.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I m having some issues with one of my PC s After about a minute at desktop it would completely lock up Using msconfig I was able to isolate at least one of the things causing it a service called Windows Management Instrumentation Keeping it and it s co-responding service unchecked in msconfig stops the freeze and allows my computer ot seemingly work as if all is well However I m skeptical that is the case Also missing freezes/admin Computer another problem occurred yesterday all of a sudden my admin Computer freezes/admin missing account no longer displayed on the login screen I had taken my PC to a repair shop last week and the guy created a new account Computer freezes/admin missing this account has administrator priveledges just as the old one does However it is missing a lot of files and documents that were from my old account When booting in safe mode both accounts still display Why is Computer freezes/admin missing this Another question does anyone know what the service CaReTaKeR-CT NetMgr is does It looks a bit seedy so I ve currently disabled it Thanks in advance for any insight assistance nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

This is a work computer plagued with problems. This morning, the computer was apparently interrupted while booting, and the desktop disappeared. Explorer.exe could be found, but not run. Reg is set properly she'll explorer.exe. I spent all afternoon trying workarounds, and nothing. Ran anti-vir, combofix, nothing detected.

Did a repair install of Windows XP pro SP2, with a windows xp pro sp2. As soon as the users come up, I get a BSOD stop error c000021a at 0xc0000005 (0x7c9106c3 0x00eaf094)

Seems to be a login problem/conflict. I've been avoiding a fresh install at all costs, as these people have old programs installed with no disks for them. Help is appreciated. The repair install will boot in safe mode, whereas the missing explorer.exe install would not.

A:Explorer.exe missing,performed repair install now won't logon

Hi -The next logical step I would follow is to get an XP Pro CD and run sfc /scannow to try and replace any missing files Also a chkdsk /r should be performed on the system in case there are other problems If you were able to run Antivirus programs, etc, then these basics should be no problem ->>"Ran anti-vir, combofix, nothing detected."<< NOTE: Combofix is not a cure-all for these type of problems, and should never be used as such -By doing this, you can create more problems than you think you can ever solve -Always stick with the basics first, and then try other diagnostics after that. Did you try to run an OTL log to look for problems ??Regards -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457856/explorerexe-missingperformed-repair-install-now-wont-logon/
Relevancy 46.01%

I came across this issue this morning on my home PC. I have a Windows 7 64-bit PC with three profiles, my wife's, mine, and my daughter's. Previously when someone tried to log in all three profiles would be displayed so each profile could be selected. However this morning instead of seeing the three profiles I see two options: the active profile and a button that says other users. I select other users and I can log on to any profile so nothing appears to be missing. If I power the system down, when it comes back up I see the last profile logged on and the other users option. If someone could give me an idea as to why this occurred and how to fix it I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

A:User login profiles missing from screen, but still able to logon

Hello JC, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below may be able to help fix this for you.

Logon Screen - Fix Showing Only "Other User" and Last Logged On User

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/224959-user-login-profiles-missing-screen-but-still-able-logon.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Okay so I followed this tutorial: Change Windows 7 Logon/Logoff Screensaver! and I know this ia a common problem but anyways I receive an error that Direct 3D 9.0 is missing. Keep in mind this is for the windows 7 logon screen... How do I enable this so I can have my own custom screensavers at the logon screen???

Also I have gotten the logon.scr file but I don't want to use that screensaver at the logon screen...

A:Direct 3D 9.0 is missing on Windows 7 logon screen... how to enable?

Bump... I still need help with this problem please...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/304700-direct-3d-9-0-missing-windows-7-logon-screen-how-enable.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello all, new user here.

I've had this problem happen to me before and I fixed it the first time. But I just can't seem to remember what to look for now or how to fix it so hopefully you guys can help.

I had to restart my computer to more or less refresh it because it was running slow after being on for a while. But instead of restarting normally, chkdsk ran and then when Windows came up, I had lost some of my previous files and settings and I have forgotten how to get them restored.

I'm running WinXP Pro 2002. Thanks for the help in advance!

A:Missing Admin Account Files/settings

Did you try running chkdsk /f /r - the switches will attempt to repair the issues that chkdsk found. My concern is that, if this is a "regular" thing, then there's something wrong deeper in the PC, and that you may eventually end up losing this data/files/settings permanently.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102656/missing-admin-account-filessettings/
Relevancy 46.01%

New to this site, and a beginner on fixing things. I'm runnin win xpsp2 and i so far ran spysweeper, avg, super antispyware, ccleaner, and regcleaner. I cannot find my control panel, cannot click on time clock, cannot do win update even by going to microsoft.com, and cannot click on my name in the start menu and every thing says " THis operation has been canceled due to restrictions on computer Please contact sys admin" which i am admin. Everything i ran above has found things but still no help on fixing my problem. Thanks for you help

A:Missing Control Panel, No Admin Access

What things are you finding? The name of the malware would helpful. Are you getting any pop ups saying your computer is infected or to download certain programs?System Restore from a command prompt in "Safe Mode" to return to a previous state before your problems began?If that does not help, then try doing your scans in "Safe Mode". Make sure you are doing scans while logged into the "Administrator Account" or an "account with administrator privileges".Let us know what they find and we will direct you from there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/118837/missing-control-panel-no-admin-access/
Relevancy 46.01%

I need some help a fairly long story but I think I may have some different options System Dell Windows XP Background - was running an erase program that writes over deleted data and cleans up the clusters It was about through and stopped responding At that time it was running through the master boot record It hung forever so I end tasked the application Then I went into defrag and saw my available memory was I was figuring that it was writing a temp file somewhere and that just rebooting the pc would clean it up Bad idea I reboot and get the NTLDR missing issue I research that and find that most likely I will need the XP recovery disk I printed out serious help...reinstall to forgotted missing and due admin xp ntldr of Need pw how to correct it etc So I boot from the cd in safe mode - and Need serious help...reinstall of xp due to ntldr missing and forgotted admin pw find that I need my admin password I wrote it down years ago - so most likely have it somewhere but over of my stuff is in storage So bottomline I dont have it and it would be mere luck if I found it in the next years So - I do some more research and find I can use a windows disk or a linux bootable disk I go to a buddies and create the linux iso on a bootable cd One issue I forgot my cd player was on the fritz so it wont read the bootcd I then create a boot floppy but it wont read it on bootup Got all that You can see the bind I am in So I basically reserved myself to reinstalling xp and losing everything I reinstall xp - and at install it shows partitions One was Need serious help...reinstall of xp due to ntldr missing and forgotted admin pw a fat which it said mb were being used I delete that thinking it will just redo it with the cd Then I reinstall in the partition NTFS that showed the current xp thinking it will just overwrite all the files Well it didnt So now under explore I can see all the old files Both show under the c drive I run this that Johnwill provided here http forums techguy org showthread php t amp page amp pp attrib -r -s -h c boot ini copy c boot ini c boot txt attrib r s h c boot ini Output file boot loader timeout default multi disk rdisk partition WINDOW S operating systems multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition quot fastdetect multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition quot fastdetect I have done a ton or research yes my wife is not happy and see a few options Somehow get a password cracker to get my original admin pw so I can do a recovery from xp bootdisk and then somehow uninstall the xp version I installed last night Not sure if this can be done or if the files are so intermingled that it would never work I tried johnripper and couldnt get the pw MY cd player will pick up the xp install disk but again will not read a cdrom or music etc Somehow copy over the ntldr file to the old drive which I can see everything through explore and then remove the new xp Figure out how to just remove everthing both xp s and then do a new install and lose everything If I do a reinstall I would like to put my partitions back to the original way it was - but have no idea what was on the fat and why I am thinking I need to just clean out everthing and start over I would hate to invest another hours on this only to find removing however I can do it the new xp is nearly impossible if I want to keep the old ANY help is greatly appreciated - I have spent a ton of time researching this but really at this point need some guidance Thank in advance Patrick nbsp

A:Need serious help...reinstall of xp due to ntldr missing and forgotted admin pw

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-serious-help-reinstall-of-xp-due-to-ntldr-missing-and-forgotted-admin-pw.229704/
Relevancy 46.01%

Most of the advice I've seen on this subject assumes that either the folders do not exist or that the shortcuts within the folders are missing. That is not the case on this system. If I look in All Users\Start Menu\Programs, both folders are present, and each folder has its full complement of shortcuts.

The issue is that they don't appear when the Start Menu is displayed. The folders are not hidden, and I haven't been able to identify a registry key that would prevent them displaying, so I am baffled.

Has anyone run across this issue? Have a solution?

Relevancy 46.01%

Recently, the Admin Tools icon disappeared from my Control Panel. There is a blank icon there but it doesn?t do anything. The admin tools folder in the start menu works fine, so I guess the tools are still there. I just can?t open them from the Control Panel.

How can I delete this blank icon and get the Admin Tools icon back in the Control Panel?

Thanx,

Randy

A:Admin Tools Missing From Control Panel

Hi, wonder how you managed this! Copy and paste all in the code box (yes I am using it) below then copy and paste it into notepad in notepad select file and save as in the box save as ADMIN.REG and save to desktop. open desktop and double click on the file to merge into registry, reboot to take effect.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D20EA4E1-3957-11d2-A40B-0C5020524153}]
"InfoTip"=hex(2):40,00,25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,\
6f,00,74,00,25,00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,\
00,73,00,68,00,65,00,6c,00,6c,00,33,00,32,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,2c,00,\
2d,00,32,00,32,00,39,00,32,00,31,00,00,00
"LocalizedString"=hex(2):40,00,25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,\
6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,\
00,5c,00,73,00,68,00,65,00,6c,00,6c,00,33,00,32,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,\
2c,00,2d,00,32,00,32,00,39,00,38,00,32,00,00,00
@="Administrative Tools"
"System.ApplicationName"="Microsoft.AdministrativeTools"
"System.ControlPanel.Category"="5"
"System.ControlPanel.EnableInSafeMode"=dword:00000003
"System.Software.TasksFileUrl"="Internal"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D20EA4E1-3957-11d2-A40B-0C5020524153}\DefaultIcon]
@=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,\
00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,69,00,6d,00,\
61,00,67,00,65,00,72,00,65,00,73,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,2c,00,2d,00,31,\

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D20EA4E1-3957-11d2-A40B-0C5020524153}\InProcServer32]
@=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,\
00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,73,00,68,00,\
64,00,6f,00,63,00,76,00,77,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,00,00
"ThreadingModel"="Apartment"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D20EA4E1-3957-11d2-A40B-0C5020524153}\Instance]
"CLSID"="{F3364BA0-65B9-11CE-A9BA-00AA004AE837}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D20EA4E1-3957-11d2-A40B-0C5020524153}\Instance\InitPropertyBag]
"TargetKnownFolder"="{D0384E7D-BAC3-4797-8F14-CBA229B392B5}"
"HelpTopic"="mshelp://windows/?id=1A8DF084-BD58-4C60-8B62-C5BC3E08A09B"
"Attributes"="0x00000011"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D20EA4E1-3957-11d2-A40B-0C5020524153}\ShellFolder]
"Attributes"=dword:60000100
"WantsFORPARSING"=""

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/admin-tools-missing-from-control-panel-296992.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Apparently, my Control Panel is nowhere to be found.
I've looked everywhere, and when I try to search for it in run, it says I don't have administrative permissions, even though I'm on the Owner account, and there IS no other account. Also, because of the lack of permissions, I can't install anything or change my clock. Help? If you need more information, please tell me what and I'll try to explain myself better. Thank you!

A:XP: Missing Control Panel and No Admin Account!

Welcome to TSG forums.
Not sure this will work , but you might try right clicking on my computer (in Vista computer) and select manage. there is a menu of several choices there, click on User, then again on user when the box opens, you should be able to access the administrator and or change the user stuff there.
post back and let us know how it goes.
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-missing-control-panel-and-no-admin-account.873962/
Relevancy 46.01%

This question probably has been answered already, so I do apologize. I'm in a bit of a hurry. My problem is I'm missing my Accessories folder completely and my Admin Tools folder isn't located in the START/ALL PROGRAMS/ tree. This is what I've done so far:

Admin Tools

The folder is located in Prog Data/Microsoft/Windows/Startup...... and the folder is not hidden, but still is not showing in the correct area (START/ALL PROGRAMS/) Right now, the folder is pinned in the Start Menu.

Accessories

I just don't have this folder at all. I did go to Control Panel and "showed all my folders" but still no Accessories. Does anyone know where I can download this folder so I can place it in the correct place? If not, is there a solution for this?

Please help.

Thanks,
Craig

A:Missing Accessories and Admin Tools Folder

Hello Craig,

Double check to make sure that you have Administrative Tools set to show.Administrative Tools - Add or Remove from Start Menu
Afterwards, you can use the tutorials below to restore any missing default shortcuts for Home Premium.Start Menu All Programs in Windows 7 - Restore Default Shortcuts

Administrative Tools - Restore Shortcuts
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/338172-missing-accessories-admin-tools-folder.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all

I am having problems logging into a windows XP home SP3 pc

There is a lot of history to this problem which I wont go into unless asked

The current situation is that XP is booting to what looks like the normal log on screen.

I have the dark blue bars top and bottom (bottom bar no shutdown icon or usual text)

Centre light blue section with no centre bar or user icons, then only thing on this area is the text "Windows XP" with the window symbol above

The ctrl+alt+del twice don't work but alt+tab revels a windows log on screen with two text boxes (this is not like the NT log on screen)

As soon as I let go of the alt key the screen pops to the back and is obscured again

Any ideas what I can do to fix this
Ibod

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-startup-problem-user-icons-missing-from-logon-screen.1044916/
Relevancy 45.15%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP account - Admin restricted Log missing etc. panel, for control WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C PROGRA MAILCO RMPwpCli exe C WINDOWS system svchost Log for restricted Admin account - missing control panel, etc. exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqnrs exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Mail Connector PwpUpdtr exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopDisplay exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings kenneth My Documents Program Setup Files hijackthis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system HPZinw exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run DMXLauncher C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run DLA C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run MSKDetectorExe C Program Files McAfee SpamKiller MSKDetct exe uninstall O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run THGuard quot C Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe quot O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run DellSupport quot C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe quot startup O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUP... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/log-for-restricted-admin-account-missing-control-panel-etc.640730/
Relevancy 45.15%

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
I have tried every password ever used.
I have tried going to cmd prompt
I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/31028-admin-password-unknown-missing-files-after-upload.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi folks Big problems on my PC running XP Home version Control Panel has disappeared All tasks that require admin rights including correcting the clock are unavailable and generate the following message quot Restrictions The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Please contact your system administrator quot a pop up box titled quot Copying quot Missing; Revoked; Control Rights All Admin More Panel appears every - minutes and spends seconds copying with a pop up box titled quot Windows Security Alert quot appears every - minutes with the following text quot Warning Potential Sptware Operation Your computer is making unauthorized copies of your system Control Panel Missing; All Admin Rights Revoked; More and Internet files Run full scan now to prevent any unathorised access to Control Panel Missing; All Admin Rights Revoked; More your files Click here to download Spyware Remover quot I have Firefox as my default browser yet every - miinutes an IE session starts up and attempts to access this URL quot http alert htm quot The Symantic AV Enterprise version I run seems to be disabled I have seen similar problems listed on this blog but Control Panel Missing; All Admin Rights Revoked; More it seems each needed specific instructions and repeated HJT logs My only experience with cleaning the PC is running various anti virus spyware programs I have followed the instuctions for posting and have run each of the reecommended tools except SpyBot S amp D and Stinger which would not run Any help is greatly appreciated Initial HJT log follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINNT system CTsvcCDA EXEC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC WINNT System nvsvc exeC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINNT wanmpsvc exeC WINNT system SK DM EXEC WINNT GWMDMMSG exeC WINNT system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC WINNT system promon exeC WINNT System NMSSvc exeC PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exeC Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINNT Delphi exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exeC PROGRA SYMANT vptray exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINNT medichi exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINNT system ctfmon exeC Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exeC Program Files VMK Communicator VMK Communicator exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC PROGRA INCRED bin IMApp exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINNT system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast High-Speed InternetR - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA - - DB- F -D... Read more

A:Control Panel Missing; All Admin Rights Revoked; More

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum gtrmanMy name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Viewpoint Manager is considered as foistware instead of malware since it is installed without users approval but doesn't spy or do anything "bad". This will change from what we know in 2006 read this article: http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3561546You are well advised to remove the program now. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove the following programs if present,then restart your pc:ViewpointViewpoint ManagerViewpoint Media PlayerDownload SDFix.exe and save it to your desktop:http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/RemovalTools/SDFix.exe* Double click on SDFix on your desktop,and install the fix to C:\ Please then reboot your computer into Safe Mode by doing the following:* Restart your computer* After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;* Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;* Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".* Choose your usual account.* In Safe Mode,go to and open the C:\SDFix folder,then double click on RunThis.bat to start the script.* Type Y to begin the script.* It will remove the Trojan Services then make some repairs to the registry and prompt you to press any key to Reboot.* Press any Key and it will restart the PC.* Your system will take longer that normal to restart as the fixtool will be running and removing files.* When the desktop loads the Fixtool will complete the removal and display Finished, then press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.* Finally open the SDFix folder on your desktop and copy and paste the contents of the results file Report.txt into your next reply.If you have previously downloaded ComboFix,please delete that version now.WarningYou should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert,not for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could render your system/pc inoperable.Now download Combofix and save to your desktop:Note It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers.Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt unless I ask.NoteIn case your Antivirus or any other realtime scanner is displaying an alert after you downloaded Combofix or while you use Combofix,please disable your scanner and redownload Combofix again.Some scanners may see some combofix related components as suspicious and block or delete them while there's nothing wrong with them.Also post a new Hijackthis log please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123217/control-panel-missing;-all-admin-rights-revoked;-more/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello I ve seen several people with similar problems PLease help Here are my symptoms Control panel has disappeared from the Start menu I m unable to access desktop properties or allow Active-X downloads because quot that operation has been cancelled due to restriction in place on this computer Contact your system administrator quot I m the only user and presumably Administrator of this computer I receive a message on startup that says the computer can Missing control lost Panel, privileges admin. t find System printer exe or something along those lines My computer runs Windows XP I ve attached an HJT logfile below Any help would be very much appreciated Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system basfipm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS system RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C Program Files Wireless-G Music Bridge WMB G exe C WINDOWS system XConfig exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell com F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system printer exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Missing control Panel, lost admin. privileges Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run PRONoMgr exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe O - HKLM Run Linksys WMB G Utility C Program Files Wireless-G Music Bridge WMB G exe -R O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run CmFlywaveName C WINDOWS System CmFlywav exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run EasyLinkAdvisor quot C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe quot startup O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Digital Line Detect lnk O - Global Startup hp psc series lnk O - Global Startup hpoddt exe lnk O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Trusted Zone http housecall trendmicro com O - DPF B -A CF- C - F- CFC A Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent - http eu-housecall trendmicro-europe com housecall applet html native x win activex hcImpl cab O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http acs pandasoftware com activescan as free asinst cab O - AppInit DLLs C WINDOWS system sulimo dat O - Service Broadcom ASF IP monitoring service v BAsfIpM - Broadcom Corp - C WINDOWS system basfipm exe O - Service Intel NCS NetService NetSvc - Intel R Corporation - C Program Files Intel NCS Sync NetSvc exe O - Service NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc - C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe O - Service Pml Driver HPZ - HP - C WINDOWS system H... Read more

A:Missing control Panel, lost admin. privileges

Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-control-panel-lost-admin-privileges.642812/
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm having problems opening a program and I've been told to check that Event Log is turned on.

Unfortunately, Event Log is nowhere to be found.

In the list of items in Services, I see Distributed Transaction Coordinator, DNS Client and the I should see Event Log. But, the next item in the list is Expat Shield Monitoring Service.

Any idea how I can restore Event Log to the list?

Many thanks.

D.

A:Event Log missing in Control Panel/Admin Tools/Services

Welcome
Event log is not one of the listed services. I do not have it either.
Go to search by the start button and type event log.
Tell me more about the program, I may be able to help.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/292475-event-log-missing-control-panel-admin-tools-services.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Symptoms of the problem Most of my Start Menu Programs are now empty but I can access the programs by going to 'computer' and viewing 'Program' folder The programs are also shown when I go to 'uninstall' via Control Panel If I try to download and install virus protection such as Mcafee I have tried several anti-viris programs the software fails to install and says that I don't have 'administrator' rights to the folder in this case the folder named McAfee I believe the two problems listed above are related and cause by malware or a virus but I am unable to resolve it I believe the malware has changed the permissions on my computer Programs permission lost in Menu and admin Start missing and I need to restore them or Programs missing in Start Menu and admin permission lost revert them I should only have one user on my computer Programs missing in Start Menu and admin permission lost but I have suddenly had appear a second one called 'admistrator' when I log in My user name has the word 'Administrator' with it I have tried a system restore but this process fails and won't restore to any previous date I have had this problem for a few days Can anyone help

A:Programs missing in Start Menu and admin permission lost

I have managed to do a system restore... (to in the midst of the problem) and got back missing programs from the Start menu... BUT I am still unable to download anti-virus software as I don't have permissions for the folder to do so...

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/275212-programs-missing-start-menu-admin-permission-lost.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Sorry I do not know the name of what is messing with my computer I am running on Vista My virus protection went down and I get an error saying I need admin privledges I get errors when I try to run ESET says I dont have some DLL file and when I run combofix it says I dont have permisssion I am also getting svchost errors Since trying to fix the computer I have run a number of things ccleaner junkware removal tool farbar recovery scan tool adwcleaner---and I even ran a official microsoft windows tool to scan for missing files--that is in adition to No privledges Svchost missing admin errors Avast/Combofix, run DLL, to ESET and combofix All I have managed to accomplish is a BSOD and an unresponsive computer I had to remove the battery and unplug everything to even get it to boot up I am going to attach the requested files log into windows safe mode and copy the steps you had given to another poster with the same exact problems Thank you for your help I think i have attached what I need to please let me know if I missed anything DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Micah at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD FW COMODO Firewall Enabled D F E - AF- E E-AACD- CDCF AA A Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files x Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Program Files x NVIDIA No admin privledges to run Avast/Combofix, missing DLL, Svchost errors Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system locator exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x ASUS Six Engine SixEngine exe C Program Files x MSI Afterburner MSIAfterburner exe C Program Files x ASUS AASP aaCenter exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows SysWOW No admin privledges to run Avast/Combofix, missing DLL, Svchost errors ctfmon exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uSearch Bar Preserve mStart Page about blank mDefault Page URL hxxp www google com mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Canon Easy-WebPrint EX BHO D AD-BFFF- F No admin privledges to run Avast/Combofix, missing DLL, Svchost errors -BF B-A C FED - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexbho dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Skype Browser Helper AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - ... Read more

A:No admin privledges to run Avast/Combofix, missing DLL, Svchost errors

One more thing I would like to mention that I find really odd and have never had happen before.
I can run ccleaner over and over again and I will always have files to delete. I can wait 20 mins and not use the computer and there will be a bigger log file.
Just now I cleaned out 340mb---99 percent of which was from Internet explorer. I don't use internet explorer and no one has this computer but me all day long.
If I run CCleaner in safe mode, repeatedly, it will always have a 16kb file from IE to clean. It will be there repeatedly. But, go back to windows normal mode and over and over again it will do what I described above.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544664/no-admin-privledges-to-run-avastcombofix-missing-dll-svchost-errors/
Relevancy 44.29%

Good morning I noticed that you 2K - Missing Triange, Privileges and Adware, Panel Admin Win Control Yellow helped a user solve a similar problem that I m experiencing on a Win K machine The post that I m referring to is here I Win 2K - Yellow Triange, Adware, Control Panel and Admin Privileges Missing m experiencing these same problems but could not solve the problem from the post I ran ComboFix then SuperAntiSpyware then HiJackThis Those logs are below However I could not find the suggested lines to fix in the HiJackThis log there are three nor was the FireDaemon Service in the services window It is still running though as I can see it running as a process in the Task Manager I m posting the logs from the three applications below in hopes that someone can help me remove this for good ComboFix - - - quot Administrator quot - NTFSx Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - Other Deletions C DOCUME ADMINI GRE STARTM Programs Startup system exe C DOCUME ADMINI STARTM Programs Startup system exe C DOCUME ALLUSE STARTM Programs Startup autorun exe C DOCUME shiela APPLIC macromedia Flash Player SharedObjects U GJG Z www broadcaster com C DOCUME shiela APPLIC macromedia Flash Player macromedia com support flashplayer sys www broadcaster com C DOCUME shiela STARTM Programs Startup system exe C WINNT system drivers fad sys C WINNT system printer exe C WINNT system WinAvXX exe Files Created from - - to - - - - --a------ C WINNT NirCmd exe - - --a----t- C WINNT SYSTEM Perflib Perfdata dat - - lt DIR gt d-------- C WINNT Content IE - - --a------ C smitfra reg - - --a------ C smitfrau reg - - --a------ C replace cmd - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files PestPatrol - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME KLAUST APPLIC Sonic - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME ADMINI APPLIC Yahoo - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME ADMINI GRE APPLIC Yahoo Find M Report a --------- d-------- C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus p --------- d-------- C DOCUME shiela APPLIC WholeSecurity a --------- d-------- C DOCUME shiela APPLIC AdobeUM p --a------ C WINNT system dllcache cdm dll p --a------ C WINNT system cdm dll p --a------ C WINNT system wuapi dll p --a------ C WINNT system wuauclt exe p --a------ C WINNT system dllcache wuauclt exe p --a------ C WINNT system wups dll p --a------ C WINNT system wucltui dll p --a------ C WINNT system mucltui dll p --a------ C WINNT system muweb dll p --a------ C WINNT system wuweb dll p --a------ C WINNT system wuaueng dll p --a------ C WINNT system dllcache wuaueng dll p --a------ C WINNT system wups dll p --ah----- C Program Files DESKTOP INI p --ah----- C Program Files FOLDER HTT a --a------ C WINNT system GDI DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache GDI DLL p --a------ C WINNT system dllcache VGX DLL a --a------ C WINNT inf WBFIRDMA SYS a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache WININET DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache URLMON DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache JSPROXY DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache INSENG DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache IEPEERS DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache MSTIME DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache DXTMSFT DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache PNGFILT DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache MSHTML DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache DXTRANS DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache MSRATING DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache SHLWAPI DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache CDFVIEW DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache SHDOCVW DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache BROWSEUI DLL a --a------ C WINNT system msxml dll a --------- C WINNT system dllcache msxml dll Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot Synchronization Manager quot quot mobsync exe quot a C WINNT SYSTEM MOBSYNC EXE quot IgfxTray quot quot C WINNT system igfxtray exe quot p quot HotKeysCmds quot quot C WINNT system hkcmd exe quot p quot dla quot quot C WINNT system dla tfswctrl exe quot a quot UpdateManager... Read more

A:Win 2K - Yellow Triange, Adware, Control Panel and Admin Privileges Missing

...the forum won't let me post the SuperAntiSpyware Log, it's too long (351047 chars).

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 09:28, on 2007-09-04
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\basfipm.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\hidserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\SCANJET\PrecisionScanPro\HPLamp.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTBDaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~2\VPTray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPControl.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPMemCheck.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\CookiePatrol.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator.GREEN7\Desktop\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://www.metacrawler.com/crawler?general=%s
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://www.metacrawler.com/crawler?general=%s
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - rsion - (no file)
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: @msdxmLC.dll,[email protected],&Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\system32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: eBay Toolbar - {92085AD4-F48A-450D-BD93-B28CC7DF67CE} - C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTB.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINNT\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINNT\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINNT\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Lamp] C:\SCANJET\PrecisionScanPro\HPLamp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FinishOptions] C:\DOCUME~1\shiela\LOCALS~1\Temp\hpbinxst.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eBayToolbar] C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTBDaemon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~2\VPTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PestPatrol Contr... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2k-yellow-triange-adware-control-panel-and-admin-privileges-missing.619499/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi Dell Precision T with Base Dual Intel Xeon E GHz FSB x MB Quad Core Memory GB MHz ECC Memory x GB Video Card MB PCIe x nVidia Quadro FX MRGA L Dual Monitor DVI or VGA Graphics Card Hard Drive GB rpm SATA Gb s Hard Drive with NCQ and MB DataBurst Cache Windows x Ultimate upgraded from XP Client issues working Admin / Group links missing Policy / not files / Professional x Edition SP NTFS about a year or so ago Thursday I did a defrag and have no system restore point The same night I updated Boinc BOINC and Oracle Virtualbox was also installed with it The problems started after when I went to log in the next day First sign of a problem was getting Group Client Policy / Admin issues / links not working / files missing a message windows could not connect to the Group Policy Client service This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system As an administrative user you Group Client Policy / Admin issues / links not working / files missing can review the systems event log for details about why the service didn't respond I am the admin but it won't let me view event logs when I go to event viewer the icon is blank like the link is missing and it won't open It is in the system folder though when I look for it but it won't open from there either I can view it in safe mode but I have to open it by going to the Windows system folder Sorry forgot to take a note of what it says I'm running a full virus scan at the moment I did find that topic about restoring fixing group policy in Regedit but it was fine and I didn't have to fix it Malwarebytes found some malware in the Registry and they've been removed I tried to uninstall Oracle Virtualbox but it Group Client Policy / Admin issues / links not working / files missing says I don't have permission to do that and in safe mode it cannot find the uninstaller even though it is there in the folder and I've checked its Registry and it is fine I have ran scf scannow a few times everythings fine Also have tried repair and few times Have ran chkdsk In safe mode if I click on a link shortcut for files it states for example win xyz not found instead of c windows xyz In normal mode it lists the file c windows xyz but states that 'system could not find the environment option that was entered' I'm still googling for solutions but any assistance would be great Below is hijackit result It did say it was denied write access to hosts files if that info is of any use Even though it says below for example lsass exe file missing if I go to c windows system it is there Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v CHROME FIREFOX en-GB Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Users Colette AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Users Colette AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Creative Cloud ACC Creative Cloud exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp IPC AdobeIPCBroker exe C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Creative Cloud CoreSyncV CoreSync exe C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Creative Cloud HEX Adobe CEF Helper exe C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Creative Cloud HEX Adobe CEF Helper exe C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Creative Cloud HEX Adobe CEF Helper exe C Users Colette AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Colette AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Colette AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Colette AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Colette AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Colette AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Colette AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Colette AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Colette Documents New folder HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN IE Hotmail Outlook Skype Entertainment Sp... Read more

A:Group Client Policy / Admin issues / links not working / files missing

Virus scan from Microsoft Security Services didn't find anything (not sure if its up to the job though)

Probably best to do a repair install. Microsoft's Management Console started to act up in safe mode, snap-in stopped responding.

Loads of errors in event logs these are some of them.

The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> was unavailable to handle a notification

Faulting application name: mmc.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc808
Faulting module name: mmc.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc808
Exception code: 0xc0000094

The winlogon notification subscriber <Sens> was unavailable to handle a notification event.

The winlogon notification subscriber <SessionEnv> was unavailable to handle a notification

Windows Management Instrumentation Service subsystems initialized successfullyevent.

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Writer with name WMI Writer and ID {a6ad56c2-b509-4e6c-bb19-49d8f43532f0} attempted to subscribe in safe mode.

Operation:
Initializing Writer

Context:
Writer Class Id: {a6ad56c2-b509-4e6c-bb19-49d8f43532f0}

The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> was unavailable to handle a notification event.

The Base Filtering Engine service terminated with the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified.

The Windows Firewall service depends on the Base Filtering Engine service which failed to start because of the following error:

The IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules service depends on the Base Filtering Engine service which failed to start because of the following error:

The Microsoft Network Inspection System service depends on the Microsoft Malware Protection Driver service which failed to start because of the following error:
A device attached to the system is not functioning.

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
discache
MpFilter
spldr
syncdriveminifilter64
VBoxDrv
VBoxUSBMon

The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> was unavailable to handle

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{DD522ACC-F821-461A-A407-50B198B896DC}

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC\Dreamweaver.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_fa396087175ac9ac.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/324583-group-client-policy-admin-issues-links-not-working-files-missing.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi folks Big problems on my PC running XP Home To Ctrl+alt+ Tab Need Help Missing, Revoked; Rights More, Admin Panel Control All Remove Problem; version Control Panel has disappeared All tasks that require admin rights including correcting the clock are unavailable and generate the following message quot Restrictions The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect Control Panel Missing, Ctrl+alt+ Tab Problem; All Admin Rights Revoked; More, Need Help To Remove on this computer Please contact your system administrator quot a pop up box titled quot Copying quot appears every - minutes and spends seconds copying with a pop up box titled quot Windows Security Alert quot appears every - Control Panel Missing, Ctrl+alt+ Tab Problem; All Admin Rights Revoked; More, Need Help To Remove minutes with the following text quot Warning Potential Sptware Operation Your computer is making unauthorized copies of your system and Internet files Run full scan now to prevent any unathorised access to your files Click here to download Spyware Remover quot I have IE as my default browser yet every - miinutes an IE session starts up and attempts to access this URL quot http alert htm quot My internet speed has reduced a lot My hijackthis log is Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes I WINDOWS System smss exe I WINDOWS system winlogon exe I WINDOWS system services exe I WINDOWS system lsass exe I WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe I WINDOWS system svchost exe I WINDOWS System svchost exe I WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe I WINDOWS system spoolsv exe I Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe E AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe I WINDOWS Explorer exe I Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe I PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe i program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe i PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe I PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe I Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe E PowerDVD PDVDServ exe I Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe E Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe I Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe E iTunes iTunesHelper exe I WINDOWS system rundll exe I Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe I Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe I Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe I WINDOWS system pctspk exe I Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE E AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe I Program Files Cyberlink Shared files RichVideo exe I WINDOWS system winter exe I WINDOWS system ctfmon exe I Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe I Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe I Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe I WINDOWS system svchost exe I Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe I WINDOWS system svchost exe I WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat ObjectDock ObjectDock exe I WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat YzToolbar YzToolBar exe I Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe I WINDOWS system wscntfy exe I Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe I Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe I PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe I Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe I Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE I Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE E FREEDO fdm exe I WINDOWS System svchost exe I WINDOWS System svchost exe I Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe I WINDOWS system proper exe F - REG system ini UserInit I WINDOWS system userinit exe I WINDOWS system pdbcopy exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - I Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - I Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - E MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO scr... Read more

A:Control Panel Missing, Ctrl+alt+ Tab Problem; All Admin Rights Revoked; More, Need Help To Remove

Hi folks,Big problems on my PC running XP Home version. 1) Control Panel has disappeared2) All tasks that require admin rights (including correcting the clock) are unavailable and generate the following message: "Restrictions: The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. " 3) a pop up box titled "Copying..." appears every 2-3 minutes and spends 15 seconds copying with 4) a pop up box titled "Windows Security Alert" appears every 2-3 minutes with the following text " Warning! Potential Sptware Operation! Your computer is making unauthorized copies of your system and Internet files. Run full scan now to prevent any unathorised access to your files! Click here to download Spyware Remover...". .5) I have IE as my default browser yet every 4-5 miinutes an IE session starts up and attempts to access this URL "http://81.13.38.39/alert.htm"6)My internet speed has reduced a lotMy hijackthis.log isLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2Scan saved at 3:42:57 PM, on 1/19/2008Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)Boot mode: NormalRunning processes:I:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeI:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeI:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exeE:\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exeI:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exeI:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exeI:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exei:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exei:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exeI:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exeI:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exeE:\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exeI:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exeE:\Microsoft Office 2007\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exeI:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6172\SiteAdv.exeE:\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exeI:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exeI:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exeI:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exeI:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLI.EXEE:\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exeI:\Program Files\Cyberlink\Shared files\RichVideo.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\winter.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeI:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exeI:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exeI:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6172\SAService.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeI:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeI:\WINDOWS\BricoPacks\Vista Inspirat\ObjectDock\ObjectDock.exeI:\WINDOWS\BricoPacks\Vista Inspirat\YzToolbar\YzToolBar.exeI:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exeI:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exeI:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exeI:\PROGRA~1\McAfee&#... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126537/control-panel-missing-ctrlalt-tab-problem;-all-admin-rights-revoked;-more-need-help-to-remove/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

Relevancy 43.43%

I hope someone can help me Just this morning i booted up as normal and the always annoying UAC stopped when account admin admin Admin checked! is even being notifications kept Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! popping up I was sure i had disabled these Then i went to use my music software and it said that this account Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! didn't have admin privileges I checked my user account and the check box states that is is an admin account and that UAC is turnd off i only have one account anyways Ive looked on google extensively Tried making new profiles and copy the old one over but that only worked to a certain point - lots of programs didn't work lost mail settings etc Not really workable Tried system restore to no avail Tried using the vista admin account and changing my account - rebooting - etc No change My guess is that something has got Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! corrupt in my user profile and windows is not remembering that i should be an admin I can't use my software and i have a deadline Any one who can help will win a magical prize or something Jen

A:Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked!

Welcome
Should be easy, create a New Administrator account and give it permissions to use the software.
User Account - Create
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rs-groups.html
Procedure for Seven is the Same as For Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294399-admin-account-stopped-being-admin-even-when-admin-checked.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Admin account worked fine on Monday.  The kid used her (non-admin) account in the meantime.  Now it won't log into the admin account - "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."  I've read a few other boards on this issue, so I am now doing a thorough virus scan and will include results as soon as they're available.  But I am not confident about moving forward with any of the paths I've seen laid out, and some of them don't apply if you can't access the admin account anyway, so I wanted to start a thread here (I've gotten fabulous help here several times before).  It's running Vista Home Premium SP2.  AVG 2013 Internet Security.  Can't think what other specs may be relevant, but am happy to provide whatever would be of use.  Thanks!!

A:User Profile svc failed logon. User profile can't be loaded." on admin acct.

I got the same message when attempting to login on Windows 7, after no previous problems or changes before shutdown the night before. It continued to loop back to the logon screen even after rebooting. I ended up having to log on in Safe Mode, then do a system restore to restore back to the last restore point, which was a system checkpoint a couple of days earlier. That fixed it, and I've had no problems since. I hope that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515804/user-profile-svc-failed-logon-user-profile-cant-be-loaded-on-admin-acct/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I am missing the run box and shut down from the start menu I was missing the task manager but I was able to restore it When I do windows r I get an error message that the command has been cancelled Run menu. start Shutdown, "cancelled by also Run from Missing admin" Solved: by the administrator Additionally I looked at the properties of the start menu Solved: Missing Shutdown, Run from start menu. Run also "cancelled by admin" and there is no option to check regarding the shut down function I read this advice on several forums Here is the hijack this log Thanks Alex Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Solved: Missing Shutdown, Run from start menu. Run also "cancelled by admin" System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Authentium AntiVirus dvpapi exe C Solved: Missing Shutdown, Run from start menu. Run also "cancelled by admin" WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS ehome mcrdsvc exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional SMSystemAnalyzer exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional AntiVirus ioloAV exe C WINDOWS V Mon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CamTray exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files CW bin mpbtn exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional AntiVirus iAVEmailScanner exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files utorrent utorrent exe C Documents and Settings Owner Gateway Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M MX R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M MX R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explo... Read more

A:Solved: Missing Shutdown, Run from start menu. Run also "cancelled by admin"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-missing-shutdown-run-from-start-menu-run-also-cancelled-by-admin.631907/
Relevancy 40.85%

Ok so my buddy's ancient xp laptop has failing video I logged onto it as an administrator and shared all the users documents I proceeded to another pc in the house running Vista and created an administrator account with the same credentials as the laptop's then copied Admin doing created newly Move to after Missing from profile Files profile mostly I used copy but for a few folders I used the move command over the network the primary users profile folder It took two attempts It failed to connect the first time but succeeded after I returned to the laptop and disabled Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile simple file sharing and gave the laptops administrator's user account I shared the folders from security permissions to all user folders in question I had my friend's Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile girlfriend verify all her pictures were in place on the Vista PC and they were I felt like quot see I do know my stuff quot They aren't computer people and have alot of old failing machines I keep going for them I do this for a living and must have donated a not insignificant amount of time keeping their aging stuff going and I've had a string of having to tell them I simply couldn't make things like HD transcoding and playback run quot any more better quot or that I couldn't software fix failing hardware on their aging collection of machines So I was happy for the successful move My bud's girl ended up staying on the PC's Admin's profile FaceBooking and reminiscing about the irreplaceable pictures that absolutely needed to be saved from the laptop The ones of a recently lost loved one the loss of which they were taking quite hard It was obvious she was happy to still have them and that made me feel good that something finally worked without a hitch This went on for quite awhile until it got late and the whole time I couldn't stop thinking about getting her stuff off that profile and moved to a Limited user account History has taught me again and again the only way to keep my donated time down to a minimum in certain situations is to keep them using limited user accounts So when she went upstairs I created her a user account on the PC which is running Vista with her name and quickly logged onto and off of it making sure the profile's user account's folders were created I logged back onto the Admin account I previously created for the move which matched the credentials of the failing laptop's and navigated to the newly created users desktop folder and copied some stuff from the moved laptop's desktop folder Success At this point my buddy who's been tossing back beers for hours now tells me that it's he understandably so feels like turning in It's not like I'm yet again working for free right I wonder if I was swapping a motor in his car at no charge he would be rushing me out with only a few bolts left to tighten but I understand it seems to him like I'm doing nothing but keeping him from turning in at this point So I say quot give me just another few minutes quot not wanting to drag the move out another day I selected the four remaining folders in the transferred laptop's user's folder and gave them a move command to the newly created limited users Documents folder instead of putting Pictures in pictures and movies in movies music in music like I started to do with the desktop folder Then in the agonizingly slow fashion everything computer related over there always seem to go the transfer window after the UAC move permissions prompts displays that the move is going to take an hour plus but just long enough for him to say quot that's it I got to turn in quot before flashing to zero and seemingly completing successfully Then I notice the source folder still contained a full pictures folder and a music folder so I reselected them and gave them the move command again accepting the uac prompts and a do this for all move and replace for files of same name and... Read more

A:Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile

You could have summed this up in a lot less words.
Try to recover your files using the free Recuva.
If that fails, try the Free PhotoRec a part of TestDisk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/files-missing-after-doing-move-from-admin-profile-to-newly-created-profile-740513.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I've tried every fix that I can find on the internet to get around this issue. I've identified the problem to be the local policy on the 2003 server that allows incoming access erases the accounts I add after a few minutes, therefore I can no longer access the server from another computer in the workgroup. I can always access any computer from the server. I need help....please. TY

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange1-logon-failure-the-user-has-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this.693734/
Relevancy 40.85%

Windows 2003 server local policy keeps loosing the users that I set so that it can be browsed accross the workgroup. I can browse the server from the other pcs in the workgroup only for a few minutes until the policy looses the users all by itself. I cannot find anything that can explain what's going on. BTW - I can browse the other computers from the server with no problem. The local policy on the other computers don't change themselves. TY

A:logon failure: the user has -been granted the requested logon type at this computer

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer

If you see this message the following should be done on the computer containing the shared files:

Download the following and install it

Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=4544

after installation is complete, click on: Start, All Programs, Windows Resource Kit Tools, Command Shell

Then enter the following commands. (Attention: they are case sensitive.)

net user guest /active:yes
ntrights +r SeNetworkLogonRight -u Guest
ntrights -r SeDenyNetworkLogonRight -u Guest

The first command enables network access for Guest, the two subsequent ones change two different policies to allow network access for Guest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-failure-the-user-has-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-computer.693444/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all This is my first ever post usually with a bit of searching I can find the answers to most computer related issues I have but no matter how hard I look I cannot find the answer I need granted not has Logon requested the logon this compute user failure: type been the at to solve this rather annoying problem So here is the low down I have my desktop PC running Windows Ultimate I also have a cheap old Asus netbook running Windows XP home edition SP not much on it so it runs ok I am trying to share files between them so my Mrs can access the music on my PC So Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute far I have been able to access the shared files folder from my netbook on my PC I can also detect the PC under the Workgroup tab of 'My Network Places' on the netbook However whenever I double click on the 'Richyv-pc' icon in the Workgroup folder is comes up with an error message that states quot Richyv-pc is not accessible You might not have perrmission to use this network resource Contract the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions Logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer quot I have granted full share access to all the wanted files from my PC with access to 'Everyone' with read write control I have tried many different things from many different forums but none have fixed this problem Im sure Im missing something obvious but I just cant see it My PC is part of a homegroup because of my work laptop that I bring home from time to time but I dont think this is causing the problem Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated Many thanks Richy V

A:Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute

Hi and welcome to TSF see the steps here and check that you have followed them Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP - How-To Geek

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-compute-645121.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I accidently screwed up the administrator account and once, i tried to install a software and it came "You need a administrator password to proceed"so i typed it then it came the error"this user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer i tried a lot but its still not working and i cant install anythin..so please help me

A:Logon failure:this user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-failure-this-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-compute.1084708/
Relevancy 40.85%

Please help! I am trying to logon to my computer and am getting The User Profile Service failed the logon message for both my Lucy and Lucy Administrator profiles. I have looked on here to find a solution and have tried to do a system restore but it tells me that there are no settings to restore to ?? Most other messages just dont make sense as Im not great at dealing with computers when they go wrong! I would be really grateful if anyone knows how I can sort this out. The only thing I can do is log into Safe Mode and I have no idea where to go from here!
Thanks

A:Vista logon issue - The User Profile Service failed the logon ???

Hi Lucy

The following tutorial will give you instructions on how to fix this - The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/277998-vista-logon-issue-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, I have this on login attempt

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.
It then logs off and directs me back to same screen.

As I stupidly only have one account I have no access to play with any windows options!!!

Please he lp
Just turned on other PC on home network and was able to access the shared folders on problem pc.

Is there any way to correct without a clean install?

Thank You

SOLVED....... Big apologies to all staff at TSG.. I didn't search enough posts.

But I found this and followed exactly. Don't know if it was for Vista, but workedlike a charm on Win 7 x64 Ultimate.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/787436-solved-user-profile-service-has.html
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-but-only-one-logon-account.927771/
Relevancy 40.42%

I just finished disinfecting my computer and correcting some resulting problems with the assistance of the "Am I Infected Forum" here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic438598.html/page__pid__2565682__st__15#entry2565682. At least 3 problems remain and the person helping me there suggested that someone here might know of a fix. The System Tools in start-all programs-accessories is empty and the Administrative Tools linked to from Control Panel is missing Computer Management.I found that I could get to Computer Management, though, typing compmgmt.msc in the run box.As far as I know it may be missing something else.It only shows Component Services,Data Sources, Event Viewer, Performance Monitor and Services. Also System Restore failed even after I tried it with about 5 different restore points. I say at least 3 because these are just the 3 I'm aware of, there may be others.

A:System Tools Empty and Admin Tools Missing Item

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/?kblkok4l1f5z8cw

Extract it,using

http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar410.exe

COpy the contents of administrative tools to

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools

or

You can use this tool to recreate your admin tools

http://www.winxptutor.com/download/admintools.zip
copy the contents of system tools to

%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools

If you're missing whole ACCESSORIES folder then use this tool

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Accessories.htm

Good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439365/system-tools-empty-and-admin-tools-missing-item/
Relevancy 40.42%

We are getting dozens of these Alerts generated at our Exchange Server What is causing it and more importantly what procedural steps do we take to prevent the alerts from generating ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Details Windows Event Alert was recorded Time Date Time Windows Event Time Date Time Windows Event Log Security Windows Event Source Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Windows Event ID Windows Event Severity Failure Audit Windows Event Logon Process: ID w3wp; 4625; Events Failed Advapi] [Event Procss Type 8; Name: Logon Message An account failed Failed Logon Events [Event ID 4625; Logon Type 8; Procss Name: w3wp; Process: Advapi] to log on Subject Security ID S- - - Account Name EXCHANGE SERVER Account Domain DOMAIN Logon ID x e Logon Type Account For Which Logon Failed Security ID S- - - Account Name Username Account Domain DOMAIN Failure Information Failure Reason Unknown user name or bad password Status xc d Sub Status xc a Process Information Caller Process ID xd c Caller Process Name C Windows System inetsrv w wp exe Network Information Workstation Name EXCHANGE SERVER Source Network Address IP ADDRESS Source Port Port Detailed Authentication Information Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Transited Services - Package Name NTLM only - Key Length This event is generated when a logon request fails It is generated on the computer where access was attempted The Subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon This is most commonly a service such as the Server service or a local process such as Winlogon exe or Services exe The Logon Type field indicates the kind of logon that was requested The most common types are interactive and network The Process Information fields indicate which account and process on the system requested the logon The Network Information fields indicate where a remote logon request originated Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request - Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request - Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols - Key length indicates the length of the generated session key This will be if no session key was requested ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Failed Logon Events [Event ID 4625; Logon Type 8; Procss Name: w3wp; Process: Advapi]

Account For Which Logon Failed:
Security ID: S-1-0-0
Account Name: [[Username]]
Account Domain: [[DOMAIN]]

Failure Information:
Failure Reason: Unknown user name or bad password.
Sub Status: 0xc000006a

Process Information:
Caller Process ID: 0xd5c
Caller Process Name: C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

Network Information:
Workstation Name: [[EXCHANGE_SERVER]]
Source Network Address: [[IP_ADDRESS]]
Source Port: PortClick to expand...

I would start there. Where is the source of the attempt? Inside or outside? If inside, it should be easy to determine who the source is (assuming that this is an internal server). If outside, you may have someone trying to hack an account.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/failed-logon-events-event-id-4625-logon-type-8-procss-name-w3wp-process-advapi.4045827/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have two win xp sp2 pcs. Both of them are in the same workgroup. I can ping each one from the other. I can access the shared folders of one pc from the other. But the reverse is not true. I cannot access shared folders of the other machine.
I am attaching the error message here.

A:logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type

After going through a similar thread I installed windows resource toolkit and entered the command mentioned in that thread. But now I am getting Access Is Denied instead of logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-237417.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hie guys Iwas looking on some postas with regard to this topic and tried to implement the suggestions I followed the suggestion below To resolve this problem on the remote computer select Administrative Tools gt Local Security Settings gt Local Policies gt User Rights Assignment right-click on Access this computer from the network gt Properties gt Add Users or Groups add everyone or any users you want to be able to access the computer from the network This fixed the problem on the interim and at The Logon Failure: the user logon requested granted been not type has t I could access my file shares and printers However when I restart the machine or even log off nad log on again the prblem resurfaces and all the user accounts Iand groups i wolud have added to Administrative Tools gt Local Security Settings gt Local Policies gt User Rights Assignment right-click on Access this computer from the network gt will be removed and the field empty hence I suspect spam the disallow remote access Logon Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at t by editing these entries Any ideas on how Logon Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at t this can be resolved would be appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-t-441971.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a Gateway MX6920 that had Windows XP preinstalled on it, I formatted and installed Windows 7. it only has the basic Windows 7 programs on it +Firefox, Google Chrome, TeamViewer, & an Anti-virus, but I have an ongoing issue where the computer completely freezes. the mouse doesn't work, no programs open, and I cannot bring up the task manager. if I press ctrl+alt+del it will still be frozen for about 5 more minutes, then give me the following message the "logon process was unable to display security and logon options when ctrl+alt+delete was pressed" and then just keeps being frozen until I cold boot shut down.

I scanned for viruses, ran sfc /scannow, with several programs but they all report clean

I am at a loss and this is a daily issue

Googling this error message brings up limited but unresolved issues

A:the logon process was unable to display security and logon options whe

according to the following link:

Failure to display security and shut down options. The logon process - Microsoft Community

it looks like the windows winsock needs to be reset. Hopefully doing that will solve the issue: to do that; do the following:

open a elevated command prompt(click start, programs, accessories, then right click on command prompt and select run as administrator) type netsh winsock reset hopefully that will help. If not that then in the same command prompt; type the following: netsh winsock reset

try one of the above commands and see if that helps to resolve the issue.
netsh winsock reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323233-logon-process-unable-display-security-logon-options-whe.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi everyone I am so glad to have found this forum and to see that others in the past with similar problems have had them resolved looking forward to nutting this one out ISSUE The computer is a win XP with RAID that freezes the mouse and the keyboard if a mouse or keyboard button is touched at the logon screen The mouse works fine until a button is pressed screen freeze with KB logon, Unable at RAID, XP to & mouse logon Win you can even click on a user but are unable Unable to logon, Win XP with RAID, KB & mouse freeze at logon screen to Unable to logon, Win XP with RAID, KB & mouse freeze at logon screen enter a password due to the keyboard and mouse freezing at Unable to logon, Win XP with RAID, KB & mouse freeze at logon screen this moment NOTE originally happened with a USB keyboard and USB mouse using PS keyboard and mouse BACKGROUND I am writing about my fathers old computer which suddenly started freezing up at the logon screen after he wasted weeks trying to get it to work he decided that it was a hardware issue and bought himself a new computer Since then I have proved that there was no hardware error by putting an extra HDD in and installing Ubuntu LTS Everything functions fine under Ubuntu and the files are able to be accessed on the RAID DESIRED OUTCOME While i can access and copy files as needed from the RAID i would like to return access to the win XP install and let my father use it again STEPS TAKEN SO FAR I first attempted to run Live rescue CD's but they could not find the RAID drive - Bit Defender Rescue CD Saw the ubuntu drive no RAID - Kaspersky Rescue Disk Didn't see any HDD's So I ran the following AV programs from ubuntu LTS - Bit Defender NO THREATS FOUND - ClamAV THREATS detected all quarantined Documents and Settings USER Local Settings Temp -RR-Market Bulletin-LJR pdf Heuristics Encrypted PDF Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender updatesrv exe Win Trojan Zbot- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as fun slf HTML Phishing Card- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender installer psstatemgr dll Win Trojan Zbot- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender bdselfpr sys Win Trojan Jorik- Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM ReaderUpdater exe Win Worm Agent- Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Firewall bdftdif sys Win Trojan Carberp- Program Files Common Files BitDefender SetupInformation DEE- D - -A -CA E BBC C bdselfpr sys Win Trojan Jorik- Program Files Common Files BitDefender SetupInformation DEE- D - -A -CA E BBC C gzflt sys Win Trojan Delf- Program Files Mozilla Firefox Mozilla Firefox crashreporter exe Win Trojan Shell- Program Files Internet Explorer Connection Wizard icwtutor exe Win Worm Runouce- Program Files QuickTime QTSystem QuickTimeUpdateHelper exe Win Worm Chir- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender gamemodeal dll Win Trojan Zbot- Program Files Microsoft Office Office excelcnv exe W Virut Gen D- RECYCLER NPROTECT EXE Win Worm Chir- WINDOWS ServicePackFiles i extrac exe Win Worm Chir- WINDOWS NtServicePackUninstall mspaint exe Win Trojan Resur- WINDOWS Installer b d msp W Virut Gen D- WINXP PRO CD I ICWTUTOR EX Win Worm Runouce- WINXP PRO CD I MSPAINT EX Win Trojan Resur- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender avckf sys Win Trojan Cossta- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender proxymgrui dll Win Trojan Zbot- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as es slf HTML Phishing Bank- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as fr slf HTML Phishing Bank- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as fun slf HTML Phishing Card- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as es slf HTML Phishing Bank- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as fr slf HTML Phishing Bank- I then attempted to logon to win XP with the same result of KB amp mouse freezing at logon screen after a button press I then ran - ESET NOD Antivirus NO THREATS FOUND

A:Unable to logon, Win XP with RAID, KB & mouse freeze at logon screen

So you are able to run the machine  using PS2 keyboard and mouse.

Step 1: 

Download and install LogonFix

Click the Highlighted button.

When prompted select yes.
Allow the program to reboot your machine as well when prompted.

Step 2:

Download drivecleanup.zip to your desktop.
CLICK HERE to determine whether you're running 32-bit or 64-bit for Windows.
Once the determination has been made open either the 32-bit or 64-bit folder.
Right Click the .exe on the inside of the folder and run as admin.
A command prompt window will open telling you what has been removed upon completion.
Note: All usb devices must be removed from your machine during this step, except your keyboard and mouse of course. 

Step 3:

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop.
Close any open windows
Double click the TFC icon to run the program. (Vista/7/8 Users, Right Click and select Run as Admin)
TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run
Click the Start button to begin the process
Allow TFC to run uninterrupted
Once its finished it should automatically reboot your machine, if it doesn't, manually reboot to ensure a complete clean.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541306/unable-to-logon-win-xp-with-raid-kb-mouse-freeze-at-logon-screen/
Relevancy 40.42%

okay freshly into win now having obtained a new hdd for my comp I have been running as the admin of my computer since accounts became an unavoidable thing barring the occasional frustration-induced blunder I tend to stay Properly Paranoid in my habits to make sure I have no problems but win doesn't think that I could ever be intelligent enough to have full rights on any account other than the built-in admin account which of course I'd want to avoid using outside emergencies that render other accounts damaged somehow so I'm looking to find out how to make another user account with FULL admin rights not just the constantly have to get permission stuff that a standard snort admin account has full rights that don't involve constantly having to run as administrator yes yes I've heard people trying to get me more paranoid so that I'd endure the added hassles all it does is make me more irate with the situation so if noone's willing to provide me with instruction on this it's probably best for the thread to be left to fall off the board

A:of win7, admin rights, admin accounts, and real admin accounts

I don't know what your problem is. To make another administrator account - Start - Control panel - User Account - 
Manage another account - Create a new account - Give it a name - put a check mark for Administrator - 
click - Create Account. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517811/of-win7-admin-rights-admin-accounts-and-real-admin-accounts/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,

Is there a way to remove the logon picture.

or make the picture smaller.

it ruins my logon wallpaper
let me know!

A:Logon screen, change/remove logon picture

There are some links in this thread which may be of help - Remove the Login Screen Icon

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/178976-logon-screen-change-remove-logon-picture.html
Relevancy 39.99%

i have face with the following problem..i joind with domain successfully but when i created a user in domain and to logon client 
computer the follwing error occure plz help me with a few simple step in windows 8 or 8.1
note
i have windows server 2012 r2 in Domain computer

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3374b827-6eea-4fb1-9494-8a8b3eb59720/there-are-currently-no-logon-servers-available-to-service-the-logon-request-windows-8?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi there,

I have a windows 7 pc in a "domain", so when you get to the initial windows 7 welcome screen (prior to logging in as a user), you get a blank transparent Picture

A:How to change Logon screen Picture frame (before logon)

Its ok, managed to get it working, seemed to work when i did it again, strange. No blank picture frame now, just a customised "picture frame" that appears prior to logon, just what I was after. Hope this helps anyone else trying to achieve this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/60474-how-change-logon-screen-picture-frame-before-logon.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Ok, this one isnt as easy as it seems.

I know about the temporary user problem when a user has their folder deleted & try to log in again & get a Temporary User profile. However, my problem is a little more servere.

Any new user that tries to log on gets the Temp profile.
3 previous user profiles work ok. However, one of them changed their password & they then got the Temp profile.
The PC is connected via a Domain, so i removed the PC from the Domain, added it to Workgroup & logged in locally as a new user with Admin rights & I still get the Temp profile.
I've checked the permissions & the registry & cant find anything wrong.
This is what gets reported in the error log:

Thanks in advance.

A:Vista logon problem, Users only get a 'Temporary Logon'

nobody?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/280317-vista-logon-problem-users-only-get-temporary-logon.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Vanilla Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop running Windows Vista. It has never had a login account or password protection, and is only used in single user mode.

Yesterday, start-ups fine, no password. Today, I'm presented with the user logon widow prompting me for a password, and cannot logon to Vista!

No-one has meddled with the laptop. Don't know if SP1 was automatically downloaded
and installed - whatever the factory defaults were from Dell. I've not seen any references to this kind of issue on Vista, but have heard about a similar thing with NT.

Any suggestions how this could have happened?

Yes - I know I can reset passwords using the NT Password Editor (http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/).

Relevancy 39.56%

Hello, I just purchased a new lenovo v570 laptop runing windows 7 home premium.

I scanned an image using my Epson NX 400 usb all-in-one printer. Then I tried to save it to my external USB enclosed sata drive. I haven't had any problem like this before. They said, I didn't have permission. I am running the laptop as an administrator. What other permission do I need? Antivirus and firewall software is all up and funny functional.

A:Scanned Image Using Windows Paint. Asked For Admin. Permission, but I am on Admin.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scanned-image-using-windows-paint-asked-for-admin-permission-but-i-am-on-admin.1051243/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi Yet again Windows is frustratingly taking up all of my time and I have tried everything google has to offer to try and fix it but it seems like no one has screwed up as much reset admin | | can't admin | Lost 5 No password error rights System as I have on whatever forum Let me explain the problem I'm trying to set my account to administrator because I can't install programs change account settings make any changes through CMD without getting the system error access denied message and I can't set the administrator account through CMD either I also don't have the permission to change anything in regedit and I can't even reset my pc because it requires an administrator password System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset which I don't have is not quot nothing quot nor is it administrator or admin or password and I can't change it through cmd either I can't even access the administrator account because it is disabled and even with an elevated System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset cmd I can't activate the quot hidden quot administrator account System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset I've ran malwarebytes and superantispyware and I am now looking for the Gandalf of all Geeks to help me solve this problem I'd immensely appreciate it

A:System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset

Hi. When a computer is first setup, the account created is an administrative one. What happened to this account?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/37732-system-error-5-no-admin-rights-lost-admin-password-cant-reset.html