Windows Support Forum

C:\User\User -User\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost

Q: C:\User\User -User\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost

I run windows 7 premium 64 and all of the sudden I stated to get this popup after windows loads that says
"C:\User\Lori-Bee\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost"
How can I fix this?...I tried check disk running CCleaner ....No difference

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: C:\User\User -User\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: C:\User\User -User\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost

Hi there ... Read the Link below and follow the Instructions ..
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- Error 182418Log.iniis lost

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325334-c-user-user-user-appdata-local-temp-032150log-iniis-lost.html
Relevancy 110.67%

Hello, sorry for being a bit thick but should I remove the .tmp files from the above directory and is it safe to do so?

A:c user appdata local temp directory

Hello David, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Yes, it's safe to delete your temp files.
Temporary Files - Temp FolderIf you like, you could use Disk Cleanup every so often to cleanup temp and junk files instead. I personally like using the free CCleaner to do so though.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298215-c-user-appdata-local-temp-directory.html
Relevancy 109.43%

Hi all. I have this problem: every time the Windows 8 starts it seems that i loose the permissions to the temp folder. As a result some applications using that folder to launch (for example Google drive) fail giving me an error. Another example are some installation files not starting because the temp folder cannot be used.
So, i have always to go to temp folder and manually set the permissions to have all working.

What can I do?
Thank you

A:Set permissions to \<user>\AppData\Local\Temp folder

So, I googled your problem and it appears that others are experiencing a similar issue and the common denominator appears to be an Adobe Acrobat product. So, you might want to check out these links if you have Acrobat installed:

Can't install any applications. - Microsoft Community

Adobe Community: Acrobat replaces NTFS permissions of Temp folder

Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/27720-set-permissions-user-appdata-local-temp-folder.html
Relevancy 108.5%

Was told to move over to this section with my details For the past week of so I've had issues with my pc not displaying all thumbnail icons for photos many times when I'm in My computer and click the root My computer to show my drives it takes a very long time to show my drives I've also got this issue with the User Appdata local temp folder populating itself with what appears to be jibberish folders keeps of populating Some find bug but User/appdata/local/temp can't it kind that have folders inside folders etc I shouldn't be having these problems and didn't about a week ago I really would like to clean vs the alternative of a reload on my media server - Anyway here is the original topic http www bleepingcomputer com forums t some-kind-of-bug-but-cant-find-it DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by The King at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated Some kind of bug but can't find it User/appdata/local/temp keeps populating F CFC - A -FC -EF - A E AB SP Microsoft Security Essentials Some kind of bug but can't find it User/appdata/local/temp keeps populating Enabled Updated F E - -F B -D A - EE D C SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system igfxCUIService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Program Files Broadcom Broadcom Network Adapter WLTRYSVC EXE C Windows system WLANExt exe C Program Files Broadcom Broadcom Network Adapter bcmwltry exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C AMD amdacpusrsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x ASUS AXSP atkexComSvc exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x ASUS AAHM aaHMSvc exe C Program Files x ASUS AsSysCtrlService AsSysCtrlService exe C Program Files x ASUS AsusFanControlService AsusFanControlService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II Wi-Fi GO AssistTools WiFi GO Server exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II AsRoutineController exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA DTSU PAuSrv exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II DIGI VRM PowerControlHelp exe C Windows system hasplms exe C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe C Windows system IProsetMonitor exe C Program Files Intel Intel reg Smart Connect Technology Agent iSCTAgent exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Mitchell OnDemand Mitchell Security MachineTokenService exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files Broadcom Broadcom Network Adapter WLTRAY EXE C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C ProgramData FLEXnet Connect ISUSPM exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x J River Media Center Media Center exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetoot... Read more

A:Some kind of bug but can't find it User/appdata/local/temp keeps populating

Well looks like the problems are gone after MSE updated today and scanned this sucker:
Trojan:Win32/Powessere.A!reg
All thumbnails show up as they should, clicking the computer link in my computer instantly pops up my drives and as far as I know my temp folder hasn't grown anymore. Deleting all 11 gigs, 337,000 files right now as I type this to see if it spams full of crap again.

UPDATE All files deleted from the user/appdata/local/temp folder but three that are always in use and never delete. So I'll update if I have any other problems but from what it seems I've skated passed the reload plague and cleaned it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556710/some-kind-of-bug-but-cant-find-it-userappdatalocaltemp-keeps-populating/
Relevancy 92.69%

I get the following error C:\User\user\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me\nengine.dll wont run and it might be causing my computer to take about 30 minutes to boot up, possibly even longer.

Its booted now. I am following what you said in this post. http://m.techspot.com/community/topics/the-specified-modile-could-not-be-found.199777/

I am starting these steps now. As I dont have time to wait. http://www.techspot.com/community/t...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Now I get this error, which has actually been happening often lately. I thought I really had too many programs open but somethign else is up.(Runtime error program C there is not enough memory)

Running Mbam, still scanning 36 objects detected thus far wtf. Is this malware by anychance causing the adverts on my browser that has been appearing lately? I use Chrome.

Should I change all my passwords when done?

A:The following wont run causing major probs C:\User\user\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me\nengine.dl l

You might want to move this thread to the virus and malware subforum. Let one of the experts . Help you out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-following-wont-run-causing-major-probs-c-user-user-appdata-roaming-newnext-me-nengine-dll.200824/
Relevancy 91.76%

I have a bunch of empty folders in C:\User\Username\AppData\Local that have number and letter characters. Like this
{0E091B39-4B52-47D3-A112-2B4D5C09F64F}

Is it OK to delete these. They date back to when I first built this system, beginning of March.
Thanks

A:Folder in User\Name\Appdata\Local

Well I deleted them to no ill effect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/153796-folder-user-name-appdata-local.html
Relevancy 90.83%

I have 200 folders in the C:/user/owner/local with names similar to {4BAD3A78-8A70-44D6-AD84-CF42571B0CD6}. All of them show 0 bytes, 0 files, 0 folders. What the heck are these?

Ron Burnes

A:Files in User/Owner/AppData/Local

Hello anaron

These files are safe to delete if you wish. There are many threads here as to where they come from, some say from windows live mail or messenger and others have different views but I don't remember there been a conclusive answer. The only thing we all agreed on is that the can be safely deleted if you want to however they take up no space so can be left alone.
My advise is to leave them in the recycle bin for a few days just to make sure you have no issues.

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/212618-files-user-owner-appdata-local.html
Relevancy 89.9%

hi all

i have a new dell latitude E6230 and have just installed the wireless bluetooth 380 module 6.5.4000,a02

when i send the file from my blackberry the file appears in the C:\Users\000000\AppData\Local\Temp location and not in my desired location (bluetooth exchange folder) i have specified the destination folder in both bluetooth and device setting locations with no effect, they still go to to C:\Users\000000\AppData\Local\Temp

does anybody have any idea how this can be fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apreciation in advance

A:bluetooth file transfer problem appdata/user/temp

Quote: Originally Posted by bigmoxy1

hi all

i have a new dell latitude E6230 and have just installed the wireless bluetooth 380 module 6.5.4000,a02

when i send the file from my blackberry the file appears in the C:\Users\000000\AppData\Local\Temp location and not in my desired location (bluetooth exchange folder) i have specified the destination folder in both bluetooth and device setting locations with no effect, they still go to to C:\Users\000000\AppData\Local\Temp

does anybody have any idea how this can be fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apreciation in advance

Hi bigmoxy1,

Welcome to Seven forums.

You should be able to change the default location of the default folder from the software itself. And if it still stores the received files in the wrong directory then you should remove the drivers and then download them from the link below:

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER0133...1.4000_A02.EXE

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301273-bluetooth-file-transfer-problem-appdata-user-temp.html
Relevancy 88.97%

Hello And thank you all for any info and help for my problem I m not tech savy My problem happens just after signing into comp startup Happens every time now for about a few days I can C:\User\____\AppData\Local\CrashDumps\AppleCompute r\Khjdl.dll click the ok button and go online and run games and do stuff on comp ok I would like to remove this message so it doesn t C:\User\____\AppData\Local\CrashDumps\AppleCompute r\Khjdl.dll come up anymore RunDLL error message Specified Module could not be found Message There was a problem starting C User Drew AppData Local CrashDumps AppleComputer Khjdl dll Specified module could not be found With an OK button bottom right Just got a new error message starting now this logon to my computer RunDll There was a problem starting C User Drew AppData Local Diagnostics Deployment kavylvhee dll The specified module could not be found With an OK button bottom right I went through the start menu computer C drive for the above and could not find Did some searching online Brother told me to come here and state my problem Again Thank you all for any help provided for this Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU X GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc DN X Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 88.97%

This is a repost because due to hardware failure it was lost and I cannot reply to cancerous's post I have empty folders in my Win user myname appdata local folder in folders have Win7 I user\myname\appdata\local\ empty I'm wondering if I can delete them Here is I have empty folders in Win7 user\myname\appdata\local\ an answer from cancerous and my response it was lost They are most likely temp directories Are they empty in byte size or you can't see any files in there If it's the latter make sure Show hidden files and folders is turned on in your folder options through the control panel and then review them If it's the former then it should be fine to delete them although I don't see much purpose to it Yes they are empty an do not contain files show hiden files and folders is turned on I won't delete them now but if they are just temp folders and more are added I might reach some point where I will want to reduce the number of empty folders Thanks

A:I have empty folders in Win7 user\myname\appdata\local\

I have a dozen or so empty folder in the same location, so they are normal. If you right click on one of them, select Properties, you will see Size on Disk 0 Bytes so they don't use any space and are innocuous. You would gain nothing by deleting them and may in fact foul up the system. Windows creates dozens of empty folder in the system for its use if needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/217083-i-have-empty-folders-win7-user-myname-appdata-local.html
Relevancy 88.04%

Hi everyone I have quite a dilemma at work Let me explain Last year we rolled out all new Windows systems and new domain controllers with Server R and redid some of our group policies network back user profile to local from AppData share Un-redirecting For reasons unknown at that time I decided it was a good idea to redirect the AppData folder to the local users' share on our file server Now it hasn't affected too much since then but the problem with it is that it pretty much breaks Offline Files for Un-redirecting AppData from network share back to local user profile our laptop users It will try to sync the AppData folder and throws tons of errors and causes problems A while back I found an article on TechNet that described the procedure which involved moving the affected user and computer to and fro different organizational units to redirect the appdata back to the local user profile It's a very daunting and confusing task but it does work if done correctly I can't for the life of me find that article now Hours and hours of Googling has turned up nothing The only thing that seems to work is to deny read permission of the GPO that has the redirection policy to the affected user gpupdate and reboot and delete the user's profile and start new This of course isn't an ideal solution Simply ticking the box quot Move the contents of the folder back to local user profile upon removal quot does not solve the problem If anyone has any ideas or knows what article I'm talking about and could point me in the right direction I'm all ears Thanks so much

A:Un-redirecting AppData from network share back to local user profile

You will need to edit the registry keys identified in the following article to remove the folder redirection Registry Settings for Folder Redirection in Windows

But you will also need to either remove the folder redirection from the gpo applied to the ou or move the users into an ou that doesn't have the folder redirection settings applied

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253786-un-redirecting-appdata-network-share-back-local-user-profile.html
Relevancy 88.04%

I am experiencing a problem with Micrsoft Word and Googled a solution which is to change the location of the Temporary Internet Files folder however I can only get to a certain point Here are the instructions This problem occurs because the Temporary Internet Files location for Internet Explorer is set to be an unexpected location Specifically the Temporary Internet Files location for Internet Explorer is set to be a location in which the user does not have permissions to create new temporary files ResolutionTo resolve this problem change the Temporary Internet Files location for Intern To resolve this problem change the Temporary Internet Files location Solved: name>\AppData\Local\ to C:\Users\<user How find Microsoft\Windows for Internet Explorer To do this follow these steps On the Tools menu in Solved: How to find C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\ Microsoft\Windows Internet Explorer click Internet Options to display the Internet Options dialog box In the Internet Options dialog box click the General tab In the Browsing history section click Settings to open the Temporary Internet Files and History Settings dialog Solved: How to find C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\ Microsoft\Windows box In the Temporary Internet Files and History Settings dialog box click Move Folder to open the Browse for Folder dialog box In the Browse for Folder dialog box select the following location For Windows Vista for Windows and for Windows Server C Users lt user name gt AppData Local Microsoft Windows For Windows XP and for earlier versions of Windows C Documents and Settings lt user name gt Local Setting Note Whichever location you select a folder that is called Temporary Interenet Files is created And if it is necessary content is migrated to the new location Click OK to close the Browse for Folder dialog box Click OK to close the Temporary Internet Files and History Settings dialog box Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box Restart the computer when you are prompted When I get to the Browse for Folder dialog box I cannot find the quot C Users lt user name gt ApplData Local Microsoft Windows quot file that is referenced in order to proceed Here is what I see Gateway C When I double click on that the following folders appear Perf Log Program Files Program Files X Users Windows When I click on quot Users quot then a folder with my name appears which would be quot user name quot When I click on my name then it shows Contacts Desktop My Documents Downloads Favorites etc so how do I get to C Users lt user name gt ApplData Local Microsoft Windows I have opened all of the folders such as program files Windows etc but cannot find a the files that I am instructed to scroll to Any help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: How to find C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\ Microsoft\Windows

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-find-c-users-user-name-appdata-local-microsoft-windows.1012533/
Relevancy 88.04%

hi

can i detele the files inside c:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\

i tried _http://www.justanswer.com/computer/5dl5x-c-users-user-app-data-local-microsoft-windows-files-contains.html

but it doesn't clean them ,and ccleaner

and the windows clean tool doesn't empty this folder

thanks

A:can i delete the files inside c:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft?

No Don`t Do it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/295713-can-i-delete-files-inside-c-users-user-appdata-local-microsoft.html
Relevancy 87.42%

Hi! I'm using a Neo netbook, running Windows Ultimate 32-bit. I found out that my user profile got corrupted after a forced shut down (the battery doesn't work and the power went out causing it to shut down). The Welcome screen goes on for minutes, then "Preparing Your Desktop" appears and when it finally starts, Windows says that I've logged on with a temporary profile and that files will be deleted when I log off. Of course I've searched about this on the web and tried the REGEDIT method wherein I renamed the .bak file or something. I also tried making a new user profile, but the problem is, the new user that I created also seemed to be temporary, like, when I save a file, it will disappear after a reboot. Does anyone know any other method to fix this? Thank you in advance!

A:Preparing Your Desktop User profile corrupted, TEMP User

This looks like the same or similar problem as here:
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...ed-hidden.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/332536-preparing-your-desktop-user-profile-corrupted-temp-user.html
Relevancy 87.11%

Hi Tarkuz,as mentioned in the chat, I'm taking a look at the log. c:\users\tarkus\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\start menu\programs\startup\09eb99c455680f440c477dff1bede754.exeLet's see what that weird file is, can you please upload it to www.virustotal.com and give me the link for the results.regardsmyrti

A:.tmp file at USER/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Windows/System32 (passwords, chats)

Hi,given the resutls from virustotal, I would recommend running Malwarebytes next:Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet and double-click on the renamed file to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.Malwarebytes will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button and continue.If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A: 4. Issues.Under the Scanner tab, make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Click on the Scan button.When the scan is complete, click OK, then click the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.Exit Malwarebytes when done.Note: If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.-- Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, use Malwarebytes Chameleon and follow the onscreen instructions. The Chameleon folder can be accessed by opening the program folder for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (normally C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware).regradsmyrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510494/tmp-file-at-userappdatalocalvirtualstorewindowssystem32-passwords-chats/
Relevancy 86.8%

So a new box recently built, when booted, defaults to the local administrator account.

This is a Windows 7 machine for a Linux guru that doesn't want to be bothered pressing more buttons than is necessary, if you get my drift.

So my question is, after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del...how do I dictate to Windows that the preferred used is "HisDomainAccount" on our company domain, as opposed to the local admin account?

If I'm not being clear, please let me know and I will try to explain a little better.

A:Strange Defult Login User Prompt - Local Admin, Not Domain User

Quote: Originally Posted by Norwood

So a new box recently built, when booted, defaults to the local administrator account.

This is a Windows 7 machine for a Linux guru that doesn't want to be bothered pressing more buttons than is necessary, if you get my drift.

So my question is, after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del...how do I dictate to Windows that the preferred used is "HisDomainAccount" on our company domain, as opposed to the local admin account?

If I'm not being clear, please let me know and I will try to explain a little better.

The above is a bit confusing. Is this computer joined to a work domain or is it not?

If this is a domain computer, the user will have to use the classic log on screen (Ctrl+Alt+Delete), not the Welcome Screen. If he wants to switch to logging in to the Local computer account and not the domain, he'll have to "Switch User" then log in with the format of Computername\User Name

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208916-strange-defult-login-user-prompt-local-admin-not-domain-user.html
Relevancy 86.8%

Hi, I am using Teamviewer to remotely control my friend's computer and help him with tech problems, and I need to help him with a certain thing that will take a long time. He gets bored of me controlling the computer for so long, so I want him to be able to do something else on his computer while he waits. Can I control his computer in the background while he has a different window open so he can watch videos while I work on his computer?

And if not, is it possible to make a 'plugin' for teamviewer to do this?

I really need this feature, so thank you so much to anyone that can help me with this.

A:Solved: Teamviewer MultiTasking (Local User and Remote User Using At The Same Time)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-teamviewer-multitasking-local-user-and-remote-user-using-at-the-same-time.1107145/
Relevancy 86.8%

Hi all We are having a real issue with local profiles user profile service on our domain Our staff accounts are using local profiles When a staff member changes their password something is happening to their profiles on the machines that their local profile is stored When they try to login the machine is getting stuck at quot Please wait for the user profile service quot It never continues we have left for mins or more and profiles, hanging issue service Big profile and user user's changing :( password local with it doesn't continue We are currently having to use delprof to remove their profiles from ALL machines they have previously logged into which is a lot of hassle nbsp We first noticed this issue when we upgraded our workstations from windows to windows nbsp I was hoping that upgrading to windows would fix the issue but sadly it doesn't This is causing us major hassle on our domain It only affects people with Big issue with user's local profiles, changing password and hanging user profile service :( local profiles our students use mandatory profiles and they are not affected Our DCs are R nbsp I have trawled google but cannot find any information on this At our yearly microsoft meeting i asked our regional account manager and he couldn't believe the issue He had never heard anything like this before From the event log the only thing i can see is that it is not finishing the load of the user profile nbsp Under user profile service events it shows this Event Recieved user logon notification on session Event Registry file C Users USERNAME ntuser dat is loaded at HKU S- - - - - - - Event Logon type Regular nbsp Local profile location C Users USERNAME nbsp Profile type Regular Event Registry file C Users USERNAME AppData Local Microsoft Windows UsrClass dat is loaded at HKU S- - - - - - - Classes Event This is where it get stucks But then it does not show the final step Event should be Finished processing user logon notification on session No other events are logged We hadn't changed any GPOs before the upgrade to windows Any help would be greatly welcome

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1bc82ef5-71cf-438e-b223-d7aa88ea8de4/big-issue-with-users-local-profiles-changing-password-and-hanging-user-profile-service-?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 86.49%

I am trying to install a program called postgresSQL a database program that creates a user (postgres) during install. I have installed the program before, created an account and forgot the password . I am trying to re-install the program and it still see the old user and wants the password.

The program says the solution for this is to.....

control panel>admin tools>comp management>local user and groups delete "postgres". local users is not there on home premium, handled by user accounts .

or

run
net user postgres /delete This gives me error 5 access is denied

not sure where to go from here???

A:user delete on home premium. no local user or groups??

Welcome to the Forum

Sorry that you are having a problem. If there is a separate user account,
Possibly this excellent tutorial can help.
Reset User Account Password[11]=User Accounts

It will not be easy, but it should work.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/270328-user-delete-home-premium-no-local-user-groups.html
Relevancy 86.49%

My grandmother was recently hacked and she changed all her passwords herself (yay!). However she did not write down her new local user account password for her laptop.

I tried downloading OPHCrack, I burned it as an ISO file and put it on a DVD-R(only thing I had on hand) and i changed the boot order on her BIOS menu to had the DVD drive as the first priority. It does not run....I hear the disk drive moving, or spinning but the program does not run. Are there any other options or do I have to do a complete system restore to bypass this? Also if that is what I have to do how do I do that without being in her control panel?

A:Old Problem New User- Forgot Local User Account Password

Hello there "hater",are you sure you downloaded the right OPHcrack version?It should be the one that is intended to be used on,not the one being used to download and be burned on.Try imgburn,never failed me to create bootable CDs or DVDs.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/40661-old-problem-new-user-forgot-local-user-account-password.html
Relevancy 85.56%

I have created local User in my systems but when i login to that user its taking user name and password, but its not loding getting logoff automaticaly, i can login through my admin login but another user its not loading.

please help in this..

A:I have created local User in my systems but when i login to that user

Is "C:\Users\Default" folder still there?

Try logging with your account and then switching users?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/374409-i-have-created-local-user-my-systems-but-when-i-login-user.html
Relevancy 84.94%

hi....my computer runs a temporary user.. but i dont know how to get back all my files...i lost all my bookmarks and need to install everything to use it...if i log off & log in again...all the files are gone..AGAIN....
i use a windows vista...plz help me!!!!!

p.s: i know there's a virus in my computer but my norton doesnt work well...and if i install another anti-virus..it doesnt save!!
ujina^0^

A:my laptop uses temp user and i dont know how to get bak to my user??

in computer click on c drive, click on users and your old profile should still be there. You can recover your files from within the profile.

If you install another antivirus, you must remove nortons first. You can run another antivirus from online without uninstalling anything.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-uses-temp-user-and-i-dont-know-how-to-get-bak-to-my-user-273609.html
Relevancy 82.46%

I got windows vista home premium 32 bit (Japanese)

I noticed in the User Application Data Local Temp Folder there are a lot of items.
What are they can I delete them?
I did use CCleaner some single entries got deleted while others remain there.

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

A:Items in User Application Data Local Temp Folder should I delete?

Hi Ari94,

Temporary folder is a directory used to hold temporary files. Many operating systems and some software automatically delete the contents of this directory at boot-up or at regular intervals.

You can delete the files from Temp folder. There would be certain files which may not be deleted, this is happens when the files are in use. Please follow detailed instructions to delete the Temp folder: Temporary Files - Temp Folder

Please revert back for clarification.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298522-items-user-application-data-local-temp-folder-should-i-delete.html
Relevancy 81.53%

Vista x64, added a user--their screen works fine

The taskbar on the admin user is gone?

Help requested to locate/restore to working position?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/204889-add-user-lost-task-bar-admin-user.html
Relevancy 81.22%

Hi Friends,

I'm working on a Dell Laptop that has Windows 8.1 on it. User can't remember his password. I've tried at least 5 different various tools to get in, and all of them either don't see the drive, or see the drive but see no accounts, or give me error messages when I try to use net user to reset the password from outside the OS.

Please assist!

Apologies if this is the wrong sub-forum to post this in.

Thank you!
James

A:Trying to Get Into Local Account, User Lost Password

Sorry, but our forum rules do not allow us to assist with password related matters as we have no way of checking the validity of the request, this is not any sort of accusation, and we hope you will understand our reasons

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/75763-trying-get-into-local-account-user-lost-password.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Hi there System 7 Demigods,

So I'm in my email where a buddy sent me a word doc as an attachment that I modified, hit save, and saved to Lord Knows Where....

The address when I retrace my steps (ever so cautiously) is:

<<Users>Name>AppData>Local>Temp

Now I can see the Word file but can't find out how to open it so I can send it back to my buddy. Wahhhh!

It looks like the file is hidden because as I open up explorer and go down the list I can get to Users, then Name, then there is NO AppData file or folder to open. Bloody Microsoft Weenies!!!

How do you open AppData, and then >Local, then >Temp.

Oh yeah, the word doc is saved as a "Rich Text Format" if that helps.

Your kind advice gratefully accepted... Thanks all.

A:AppData>Local>Temp (???) Lost file *&%@!*!!

Unhide hidden files and folders ... click on 'folder options' from the control panel, then click on 'View' tab, uncheck don't show hidden files and folders, and 'hide extentions for known types'.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/157528-appdata-local-temp-lost-file.html
Relevancy 110.51%

Howdy All -
I'm thinking I'm not the first nor the last to have MS trick me into changing my User Name from Local to (in my case) an outlook.com email account. Now I'm forced to sign in every time I log on. And FWIW, I prefer to be fully in charge of my devices.
-
I surely would appreciate some guidance on the proper way to switch back to a Local User and disassociate my computer from outlook.com. Many thanks in advance for reading this and all replies.

Best,
/jdU

A:Proper (Safe) way to change from "Microsoft.com" User to Local User

Settings>>Accounts>>Under your Microsoft Account listing, click on "Change to a Local account instead".

Local Account - Switch to in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/49640-proper-safe-way-change-microsoft-com-user-local-user.html
Relevancy 110.08%

dear,
i create a domain policy and create a restricted group for IT, the restricted group named "Local Admin".
i want to add a domain user to one computer local administrator group now.
so i launched the Administrators group and add  the domain user "Huadong Yu" into the Administrators group.
and the domain user can have the administrator right in this computer.
but domain user "Huadong Yu" will be lost from Administrators Group after the computer restart.
but i do this action in Windows XP is OK.
the domain user "Huadong Yu" still in the Administrators group after the computer restart.
Why?

?????????????????~?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6149e231-30b4-4f41-8509-8dcf28a66420/add-a-domain-user-into-local-administrator-group-and-lost-after-restart?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 105.78%

I have a user with a machine that was setup with Win 8.1 Home. The machine has been upgraded to 8.1 Pro and joined to a domain (WinSrv 2003). I need to get the conten/configuration from their old local machine user profile to their new domain user profile. I tried to copy the contents of their ../users/<name>/.. folder from the local user profile to the new domain user profile (after they had logged in once, and then logged off). This did not work. When I did the copy, I grabbed all files, including hidden...was that my mistake, or is the issue broader?

In the end....they want their old stuff and configuration under their new credentials/profile.

Thanks!

-Nick

A:Merge Domain User Account with Local User Account

There are 4 conventional ways of accomplishing this task.

Option 1: Simply copy My Documents, Favorites, Desktop items from one to the other. You will have to setup program options again, may or may not be a big deal

Option 2: Use the Windows Easy Transfer option. Explained here. Vista & Win7 local to domain profile migration

Option 3: Use the Copy To Feature in User Profiles, explained here: Copy a user profile. The steps are outlined for different versions of Windows, but they work the same in Windows 8.

Option 4: Use the User State Migration Tool. User State Migration Tool 4.0 User's Guide. Here is a link to a video on using the USMT. User State Migration Tool in Windows 7 - Install | TechNet

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/52778-merge-domain-user-account-local-user-account.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi,

We are creating a PDF file in login user's local application folder (C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\folder1) through a custom .Net application and displaying the created pdf file in application.

The above functionality is working for users who are part of domain and added to local vista machine as users (both for administrator and standard user accounts).
The same is not working for local users (both administrator and standard user accounts created in vista box).

File is getting created for any user under their local appdata folder and can able to open from that location, but not displaying from app in case of local system users (admin or standard type).

Can anyone help me what security settings differ between domain users vs local users in vista business 32 bit OS?

Thanks
Padmaja

A:domain account user vs local account user in vista

Policy that is actually causing the problem (or lack thereof) is corresponds to Internet Options control panel, Connections tab, Lan Settings button: Use Automatic Configuration settings.
Having this turned on causes IE to load a configuration file prepared by IT department which makes a whole lot of configuration changes to IE, including remapping the security zones. We can test this by unchecking this option (the default state).
Since the machine is in domain and since we are testing with domain users accounts, I have monitored domain controller pushing down a bunch of policy settings which relax the IE security settings, causing the reports to display.
First, domain settings will resync over time and this checkbox will keep getting turned back on automatically. So you can?t really turn this off, it won?t stay off. I would feel better just testing local accounts, but since the computer is also a member of the domain, machine-specific policies are applied by the domain as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/252093-domain-account-user-vs-local-account-user-vista.html
Relevancy 105.35%

I notice that in the c:\documents and settings\username\local settings that there is a TEMP and a TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES directory.

When I delete the temporary internet files in explorer let's say, the files are gone in the pathname above\temporary interent files.

My question is can I just go and delete the files in the TEMP folder manually as well? without damaging some other program applicaiton operations?

Thanks
Stompster

Relevancy 104.92%

As of today in our domain environment consisting of Windows and Windows Enterprise machines we are experiencing the quot User Profile service failed the sign-in - User profile cannot be loaded quot error message whenever a user tries to login This only affects users new to the particular machine If they have signed on before and already have Default service 8 User Profile loaded. be Profile Profile sign-in Win Environment Domain in Corrupt The failed User 7 the User Win cannot and - a cached account the computer logs them in with no issue This is occurring on both Win and Win machines We are an academic institution so this is becoming a huge problem in our labs Students generally use different computers so this is popping up very frequently I have a solution for the issue It appears that on the non-working machines that the quot Default quot user profile is corrupt I have discovered that if I find a machine Win or Win doesn't matter that is allowing first time users to logon I can copy the quot Default quot user profile and replace the corrupt one I must first permanently delete the corrupt profile before copying over the new one Corrupt Default User Profile in Domain Environment - The User Profile service failed the sign-in User Profile cannot be loaded. Win 8 and Win 7 I am doing this over the network by navigating the C users folder Even this way is becoming cumbersome though as we have over computer in labs I have googled and googled and I keep seeing the same answers offering various solutions none which are any more practical than my method I cannot find information on a cause or a reason of why this would just crop up out of nowhere I suspect maybe a Windows update but I cannot verify that yet If anyone can offer any advice share a possible patch it would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a617fa3-ddbe-49a2-af23-e68fd6b015a3/corrupt-default-user-profile-in-domain-environment-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-signin?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 101.91%

While doing some C:\ cleaning I accidentally deleted my user/appdata files. How can I recover or create a new file without having to restore my computer (already tried that) thanks!

Dave

A:How do I recover my user/appdata??!

You deleted them completely? Because you could just restore from the recycle bin, but I'm assuming you know that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-recover-my-user-appdata.1072007/
Relevancy 101.91%

Is it normal for the Local, LocalLow and roaming folders to have different date on the folder?

I am trying to figure out what is causing the computer to hang at the Welcome screen. Well it hangs untill I press CTLR + ALt and Delete where upon it then loads.

Cheers

A:User appdata folders

Welcome Rdunn,

I think if you follow these instructions, you will find the cause of your problem

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Some service at start up is slow to complete its routine.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/269482-user-appdata-folders.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Hi all, I'm running Win7, RC ver7100, clean installed on a Maxtor 300GB PATA HD, WinXP Home and Vista Ultimate reside on a WD 500GB SATA HD.

I want to get into AppData and Application folders to copy/import data from the XP and Vista partitions into, and out of(backup) the Win7 folders.. All the folders(all 3 OS's) have a padlock on them, and any attempt to mod the Permissions/Sharing gets me: "Can not change permissions at ths time.." I could see Win7 being locked, but not all three.. Anyone have any idea how to unlock any/all of these folders?

Thanks, TJ

A:How can I unlock User and AppData folders?

Quote: Originally Posted by skygodtj

Hi all, I'm running Win7, RC ver7100, clean installed on a Maxtor 300GB PATA HD, WinXP Home and Vista Ultimate reside on a WD 500GB SATA HD.

I want to get into AppData and Application folders to copy/import data from the XP and Vista partitions into, and out of(backup) the Win7 folders.. All the folders(all 3 OS's) have a padlock on them, and any attempt to mod the Permissions/Sharing gets me: "Can not change permissions at ths time.." I could see Win7 being locked, but not all three.. Anyone have any idea how to unlock any/all of these folders?

Thanks, TJ

You need to take ownership of the folders. there is a tutorial on this here Take Ownership Shortcut

let us know if you need help with anything

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/25025-how-can-i-unlock-user-appdata-folders.html
Relevancy 100.62%

C:\Users\(user)\AppData was invisible. Combofix successfully fixed it. Yet I want a helper to check my log file and tell what was wrong and if my system is still infected.

Any help?

tnx
Behrooz

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406696/cusersuserappdata-was-invisible/
Relevancy 100.62%

C:\Users\(user)\AppData was invisible. Combofix successfully fixed it. Yet I want a helper to check my log file and tell what was wrong and if my system is still infected.

Any help?

tnx
Behrooz

A:C:\Users\(user)\AppData was invisible.

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===================================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406697/cusersuserappdata-was-invisible/
Relevancy 99.76%

Can you manually move win app folders from another location to user/appdata? ie

I have a very large app 40gb that always has issues downloading. I managed to install it awhile ago and copied it to a backup drive. After windows reinstallation I would like to move that app folder back into user/appdata

can I do this? how to I get the tile back onto the start menu to run it?

A:Manual move of win apps in user/appdata

Hi, could you clarify just to be sure- do you mean a universal app from Store, or a traditional desktop program?

For universal apps: please see this- from the Tutorial section - do have a look at that..
Apps Save Location - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

You will probably be optimistic if you hope to move a universal app around from where you saved it.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/63425-manual-move-win-apps-user-appdata.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi,
In general, "Standard User" cannot install program on Windows 7. However, it is possible for "Standard User" to install programs (for example, Google Chrome) in AppData.

Is there any way to prevent "Standard User" from installing program in AppData?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5f883674-a614-4f5b-bc71-fa6b423802f5/prevent-standard-user-from-installing-program-in-appdata?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 98.47%

So for some reason all of my personal profile settings for applications are being saved to the wrong user accounts.

For example my current account's app profiles are being set under the Guest appdata local roaming folders.

How can I change it so everything is set under the respective user's account folder?

A:AppData files being saved to the wrong user account

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in helping you, if your problem is still around, please can you do the following:
> Click on the Start button/globe.
> Enter User Accounts into the search bar and open.
> In the new Window, click on Change my environment variables.

Whilst leaving that Window open...
> Click on the Start button/globe.
> Type the following but do not enter: %USERPROFILE%
> Take a screenshot and post back here.

This screenshot should show the Environment Variables window and the results of inputting %USERPROFILE% into the search bar.

You can upload screenshots to this forum by going to Go Advanced when replying, then inside the Additional Options there is a Management Attachments button. Of course, you can also upload to any other image sharing site and share the link.

Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/appdata-files-being-saved-to-the-wrong-user-account-755529.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Having just learned from an OLD post here that renaming a user account apparently doesn't change the order in which the corresponding logon icons appear at startup -- due to the order being apparently determined by when each folder was originally created, which was when this computer was first opened back in 2011 -- I want to be able, after creating a new user account, to migrate data from the account whose name I changed. I'd been previously suggested to try User Profile Wizard from Forensit.com... would this be a good idea, or can you suggest something different?

HP/Compaq CQ2014, AMD E-300, Radeon HD graphics, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit custom SP1, 3MB RAM, 500GB disk

Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/392313-create-new-user-migrate-old-users-data-change-logon-icon-order.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Earlier today I turned on my Toshiba laptop Satellite P -S and got some sort of error screen and then it brought me to a screen asking if I wanted to do a system repair or start windows normally I chose system repair but then it seemed to get stuck in that process It was taking forever and nothing was happening so I turned off the laptop I know big no no booted in safe mode and did a system restore to a restore point from about a week ago The quot starting Windows quot screen came and went no problem Everything seemed fine till I got to the User Selection screen the default blue one with the little hummingbird or whatever Then it just sat there on that screen I could see the hummingbird and the little squiggly lines but there were no buttons to click my user I just let it sit there and after about minutes the user names popped up and Windows takes the screen 7 user forever load select user/switch to I was able to continue using the computer without any problems no other speed Windows 7 takes forever to load the select user/switch user screen issues whatsoever It now makes me wait every time always about Windows 7 takes forever to load the select user/switch user screen minutes before the user names pop up It does this when I restart the machine and when I try to switch users It is a Pentium Core i Ghz GB RAM Windows Home Premium bit Let me know if you need any other specs Any ideas Thanks Tim

A:Windows 7 takes forever to load the select user/switch user screen

Work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start.

The steps begin with disinfection from Safe Mode or boot disk, since if Win7 is badly infected it may not repair until cleaned up. Then everything possible to start it is sequenced.

I would also do the hardware tests provided before rescuiing the data to run Recovery or get the superior Clean Reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274499-windows-7-takes-forever-load-select-user-switch-user-screen.html
Relevancy 97.18%

For security reasons Microsoft does not allow parents computer administrators to check on maintain adjust or otherwise enter their kids limited users XP profiles without either resetting their passwords or waiting for them to come home and being confrontational about it Ideally I would like to be able to log on to a limited user account from my administrator account without tampering with anyone s passwords-resetting them or Bypass or or Screensaver W/out Password Adjust User Find XP User Reset Limited otherwise Actually I have little interest in the step kids personal life and stuff Alternately perhaps you may help me with my ultimate goal limiting screensaver activity My Find or Bypass XP Limited User Password W/out Reset or Adjust User Screensaver arrogant and belligerant teenage stepson likes to customize the family room to his tastes rather that leave it to the generic unbiased interest of the family in general Latest he has designed his quot my pictures quot screensaver somehow to override cmos settings to illustrate various pictures of himself for unlimited time rather than allow cmos or windows to shut off the monitor after periods of inactivity Typically he would prefer to be confrontational about it fight and argue over the issue stressing out his depressed mom in the process I do not want to fight-I just want my monitor to go off after a while of non-use and not be kept on by XP Sorry about all the disfunctional family issues I had to mention for background It is hard dealing with Find or Bypass XP Limited User Password W/out Reset or Adjust User Screensaver an aggressive controlling kid Obviously most of the time the computer is left on his profile but I quot am not allowed quot to adjust the power settings when it is for some reason from his profile nbsp

A:Find or Bypass XP Limited User Password W/out Reset or Adjust User Screensaver

looks like you have no choice in resetting passwords, who's house is it anyway???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/find-or-bypass-xp-limited-user-password-w-out-reset-or-adjust-user-screensaver.428368/
Relevancy 97.18%

(reposted from Customization)

Having just learned from an OLD post here that renaming a user account apparently doesn't change the order in which the corresponding logon icons appear at startup -- due to the order being apparently determined by when each folder was originally created, which was when this computer was first opened back in 2011 -- I want to be able, after creating a new user account, to migrate data from the account whose name I changed. I'd been previously suggested to try User Profile Wizard from Forensit.com... would this be a good idea, or can you suggest something different?

HP/Compaq CQ2014, AMD E-300, Radeon HD graphics, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit custom SP1, 3MB RAM, 500GB disk

Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/392449-create-new-user-migrate-old-users-data-change-logon-icon-order.html
Relevancy 97.18%

On build I noticed a new Desktop Icon 'desktop' - solid yellow icon No need for that on the desktop so I put it in the Recycle Bin and to my amazement a popup appeared - quot This folder is too big to recycle do you want to permanently delete it quot after it compiled the size IF were to go ahead and do this - the Desktop clears out of folders a blank Desktop On build I noticed a new Desktop Icon 'my user name' I had no reason to go directly to that folder in C Users so I put it in the Recycle Bin and to my amazement it started to compile the size after that the popup would have appeared - quot This folder is too big to recycle do you Icon - Issue 10586 leads User User DELETION Folder deleted to want to permanently delete it quot IF were to 10586 Issue - User Icon deleted leads to User Folder DELETION go ahead and do this - the ENTIRE CURRENT USER FOLDER would be GONE I'm now running rs release - - which quot fixed it quot by requiring Administrator approval to 10586 Issue - User Icon deleted leads to User Folder DELETION continue Why is any Desktop Icon once deleted deleting any other file but itself System Restore wouldn't do any good for that GB of videos gone

A:10586 Issue - User Icon deleted leads to User Folder DELETION

Have not seen that on mine. Are you sure that no third party utility placed that icon, along with maybe third party Internet Security software.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37679-10586-issue-user-icon-deleted-leads-user-folder-deletion.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi Guys One of our staff to User Solved: Account - User Deleted Guest - File Type Changing PC has a problem the scenarios Specs Alias Names -Company Name Contoso -Staff PC under Domain Alpha -PC Name Contoso -PC -Local Users are administrators and john Solved: Changing User Account Type - User to Guest - File Deleted -User profiles gt operations contoso domain gt john local gt administrator local -MS Outlook connected to email protected Thursday IT remove uninstall chat messengers blocked linkedin facebook twitter youtube change User Account Type Local Staff John Doe from User to Guest I change the type from User Accounts gt Properties gt Group Membership gt Others gt Guest shutdown the system Friday turn on the PC and staff asks for the correct username provides the username Contoso -PC john staff login to his local account using his password Saturday staff called and his desktop files are gone and document files are gone IT check the Users folder there are particular folders john and john contoso -pc both folders empty outlook not connected account is totally FRESh IT check on webmail under Domain Alpha not working the usual password webmail contoso com owa after an hour the usual password works IT tried to connect MS outlook using email protected not working saying quot outlook pst is not offline file quot PROBLEM files are gone Totally FRESh account I don t know what happen guys please help the FIles are gone Hoping your best solution THanks nbsp

A:Solved: Changing User Account Type - User to Guest - File Deleted

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-changing-user-account-type-user-to-guest-file-deleted.1102921/
Relevancy 97.18%

I am running on Windows 7 and I tried creating a new user. Every time I try to logon I get the error message User Logon Service service has failed.

I created the user under standard and admin and still no luck.

I found some answers but these are for corrupt user. I cannot even find my user name under regedit.

thanks

Joy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-user-created-error-message-user-logon-service-failed.1165290/
Relevancy 97.18%

When I tried to log on to my computer, I'm getting this message saying, the user profile service failed the logon, User profile cannot be loaded. Please someone tell me how I can fix this problem. I tried rebooting my computer but that did not seem to work please help me:( thank you!

A:[SOLVED] I'm getting this message saying the user service failed the logon user profi

I had forgot to mention I have an hp windows 7 laptop!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-im-getting-this-message-saying-the-user-service-failed-the-logon-user-profi-951817.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi! I did an new install of windows 7 (home first then upgraded to pro)
I want to hide a user by doing this on the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \Microsoft \Windows NT \CurrentVersion \Winlogon \SpecialAccounts\ UserList ..then add dword32 by my username value to 0
I did this on my old laptop and it worked perfectly.

Now I've done the same thing on my new laptop. It works but stangely, the folder still appears in c\users.

The user is not visible in the panel control\users or at the start of the PC

I'm sure i've done the right thing, what is causing this? Could it be a bad install of windows? Please let me know if you have a idea!

Thank you very much for your help!

A:Hide user by registry stange problem: User still appears in C folder

If you log into that user it is going to have a user directory, regardless if you have the user hidden or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/339572-hide-user-registry-stange-problem-user-still-appears-c-folder.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi all I had to repair Windows XP Home from original disk because of a system error Now choose Showing to Cannot user Names Startup at Welcome No User a logon : Windows when I start Windows on the welcome page it says quot To begin click your user name quot but the right part of the screen where the users normally are is completely blank There are no users to choose from I can run No User Names Showing at Windows Welcome Startup : Cannot choose a user to logon Safe Mode so I have tried the following In safe mode went to Control Panel gt Users gt and added a new user and checked the Administrator password was still the same yes This made no difference and blue logon screen still asked me to choose a user but had no users showing In safe mode Start gt Run quot Control Userpasswords quot and unchecked quot Users must use a password on this computer quot This has now created the error when I boot quot Unable to log you on because of an account restriction quot Then goes back to blue quot To begin click your user name quot but no users Tried repairing Win XP AGAIN but no difference Has anyone seen this problem before I would so appreciate any input Thanks MJ nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-user-names-showing-at-windows-welcome-startup-cannot-choose-a-user-to-logon.703502/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi guys i have sql server 2005 i installed before 2 days every thing is ok but when i
create user in security for all database then i click user mapping it hangs and frezes
and take more time and last not open after this error reporting of sql server display
then when i click to see message tell me found that there are error in two files
sqlwb.msdp and appcompat how i solve this proplem please help me
notes
user mapping found in
open ssms
click databases
security
new login
user mapping
thanks
----------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sql-server-2005-hangs-when-i-click-user-mapping-to-new-user-created.1051529/
Relevancy 97.18%

I changed the values in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList in order to move the default user locations to my second partition. I then created a new user profile but when I try to login I get the message 'The User Profile Service failed the login'. When I set these values back to normal, new accounts work fine but I really want my user accounts on the second partition.
What can I do about this?

A:'User Profile Service failed' when changing default user location

I have done this on another computer with success - perhaps I am missing a step out?
The string values (apart from programdata) were changed to E:\..... instead of %systemdrive%\.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-service-failed-when-changing-default-user-location.992872/
Relevancy 97.18%

On windows professional -bit sp if a current user is screen locked the lock screen indicates the current user name and account is logged on and the computer is locked I am using Classic Logon in group policy and under local policy-security options-interactive logon i have it set to display username and account info the option with most information the problem i have is say a user is logged in and then I need to use the computer at that point the lock screen says so and so is logged in and locked I do a switch user log in and do my thing then log out Now the screen goes back to the base login screen saying 'ctrl-alt-del' not saying any user is currently logged in Now if that original user does log back in all his stuff is still here and everything acted like a basic screen lock happened so no problem there but what i want to happen is after a switch user logs out the screen goes back to the lock screen displaying who has the computer locked is there a way to do that thanks

A:Switch User then logoff, back to ctrl-alt-del login not previous user

At a guess, I'd say Classic Logon is the culprit here, as I do not have this issue with Windows 7 64-bit SP1 with the default login screen. Changing this is likely impractical next to the simple solution of ditching Classic Logon (It's an ancient artifact by now)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/332214-switch-user-then-logoff-back-ctrl-alt-del-login-not-previous-user.html
Relevancy 97.18%

an acount on my computer will not load. it says the user proflile service failed the logon. user profile can not be loaded. ive seen other questions like this and they said to make a new acount. i tried that multiple times and it says the same thing for each new acount that i make. the other 4 acounts are fine

A:the user proflile service failed the logon. user profile can not be loaded.

If your newly created accounts can't log on, then it is time to check for something else.

In case there is hard drive corruption, I would check the hard drive. Right click on Drive C and choose Properties, > Tools tab > Check Now. The machine will need to reboot for the check to begin. See if the check reports of any problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-proflile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-can-not-be-loaded.1117371/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi In A domain environment when wifi user a reseting connect cannot user directory from password to Active after i rest a user password from active directory users and user cannot connect to wifi after reseting a user password from Active directory computers he is unable to login to Windows with new password He is configured to login through wifi And we are using single sign on in the wifi settings This issue is only affecting few users connection to company wifi network is authenticated through x so we manualy create a wifi profile for x At the dual login screen the new credentials we are using active directory credentials for wifi since it's x are entered First it user cannot connect to wifi after reseting a user password from Active directory spits an error that unable to connect to wifi Then windows spits an error of invalid user name or password If we enter the old credentials at login in both wifi access and windows access we are able to login to Windows it logs in with Cached credentials but I it obviously is unable to connect to wifi network The user is a member of wifi group so he has access to wifi and he can access wifi through his iPhone Also another observation is that if I login with his Cached credentials and configure a wifi profile connection using his new reseted password password windows spits an error that cannot connect to the network So the core issue is that after reseting his password from active directory users and computers he cannot connect to wifi through windows The workaround that currently I do is i login with his Cached credentials to Windows and then i use my own credentials to configure wifi connection and ask him to login to Windows using his Cached credentials while he will be using my credentials for wifi access And for other systems that will be using credentials like email he uses new credentials Pretty crude solution Any way how to figure out what could go wrong Besides i have tried configuring a wifi connection profile on another users laptop using the affected user credentials I got same error that windows cannot connect you to wifi So the real issue is that after resetting the password of the user from aduc he cannot connect to wifi Any clue idea Windows is latest and updated We are using Microsoft forefront endpoint protection

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-cannot-connect-to-wifi-after-reseting-a-user-password-from-active-directory-769826.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Good evening from Graz,

i have quite a strange problem on my personal pc since the last few days. I cannot login to my useraccount(which has a transparent picture at the logon screen since a few days).
I have just one workarround: if i login with my adminaccount and logoff, the userpicture of my privateaccount appears again and the login is possible.

What could this problem be related to?

greetings
Nico Müller

A:Solved: Windows 7 User Account Problem(Transparent User Picture)

Good morning,

solved it. Disabled the admin account, and removed the pw of my useraccount.
Kind a strange problem indeed, but seems to be solved.

Thanks anyway,
Nico

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-user-account-problem-transparent-user-picture.946560/
Relevancy 97.18%
Relevancy 97.18%

When I login to windows (7, Ultimate x64) on most profiles (created a new one, affected, logged into my admin account, 1 of 2 user accounts, a clean one for lightweight surfing with no load time for all 3rd party s/w) and my monitor goes from extended (blank) (1920x1080) to ... looking like it has a FAT black border (on secondary monitor).

Also some issues with network adapter connecting and mounted volumes attaching (instead of being instantaneous they take minutes) event viewer doesn't mention anything significant... any ideas?

Interestingly, I can't open Intel's CPanel (desktop context > Graphics Properties) (gfxui.exe) on other profiles.. will get details

A:User Profile Corruption/RegIssues? How to monitor windows (user login)

Sounds to me like something in one or more of the user profiles has gotten corrupted. you might have to delete one or more user accounts and then re create those accounts which should hopefully fix the corruption issue. I know u might not want to do that; but at this point i dont see any other choice to fix the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325836-user-profile-corruption-regissues-how-monitor-windows-user-login.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I've had a problem recently. I think it started after installing StyleXP to change my Windows visual style. I've since uninstalled StyleXP, but it has not resolved the problem.

My user picture that is usually at the top of the start menu is missing. In addition the green arrow icons and question mark icons in the User Accounts control panel are also missing (I just see red X's). I've tried changing my user picture in the control panel and it does not make a difference. I made sure to restore the default icons in StyleXP before uninstalling, but that didn't matter either.

I've since switched to Windowblinds and IconPackager. I've tried restoring default WinXP icons from IconPackager as well with no luck. Any ideas here? I'll upload some screenshots when I get back home, but I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

A:Missing user picture and icons in User Acct control panel

I've tried logging in under another user and I have the same problem. Here's a screenshot of the issue. Notice the red X's and the blank user picture box in the start menu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-user-picture-and-icons-in-user-acct-control-panel.537248/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi Am in a bit of a quandary here I am experimenting on a new Windows build and using a domain account I copied it to make a quot new quot default user folder Now when I try and The Login/User the User Prof. be loaded Failed cannot Profile Service login using a domain users account I get the following message The User Profile Service Failed the Login User Profile cannot be loaded I was able to logon using The User Profile Service Failed the Login/User Prof. cannot be loaded a domain users account before I created a The User Profile Service Failed the Login/User Prof. cannot be loaded new default user folder I did take an extra precaution by renaming the old default user folder and I thought I'd be The User Profile Service Failed the Login/User Prof. cannot be loaded quot good quot by deleting the new default user folder - and renaming the old default user folder to what it was BUT I still get the error message I am doing this via RDP but the domain users account does have remote desktop access via the local security group remote desktop etc Anybody out there that can PLEASE help me out Adrian

A:The User Profile Service Failed the Login/User Prof. cannot be loaded

rookie mistake (or lack of sleep ) I was naming the Default folder "Default User" !!! Yo soy idiot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/214282-user-profile-service-failed-login-user-prof-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Hello I'm looking for a way to give a user admin permissions for his regular AD account on his computer Example he is logged on as a regular user but needs to install software I want to give him admin permissions until reboot or some other point in time after which he loses his permissions again and of to dynamically user user logonid give permissions admin group administrators to Adding has to ask again Adding logonid of user to administrators group to dynamically give user admin permissions I know giving admin access to users is a bad Adding logonid of user to administrators group to dynamically give user admin permissions idea and all but that's how it goes with quot whoami logonid quot I get an ID that I can add to the administrators group by code like this objUser ADSI quot WinNT id quot objGroup ADSI quot WinNT computer Administrators quot To my amazement this works now the user can enter his own credentials in a UAC box and get admin access After a reboot logon this ID changes so he would need to ask admin permissions again It's possible to ask the user for a motivation and log this and to also clean up the administrators group at a given interval or at boot as well as check if a user is allowed to elevate his rights on this computer Of course once a user has admin rights he can circumvent all this but that's something we have to live with What's most important is dat not just anyone can elevate his rights I'm looking for opinions on this way of working Anyone have experience with this mechanism Is it reliable and secure as far as giving admin rights to a user can be secure I may be missing something

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/35ba1083-1de8-4ced-9567-20d19ce23fa6/adding-logonid-of-user-to-administrators-group-to-dynamically-give-user-admin-permissions?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 96.75%

Hi I've been experiencing very slow logins for one particular AD user The User Profile Service operational log shows that the task called quot Disable background user hive upload task quot takes over three minutes to complete This only happens for hive upload Profile wait task - succeeded. User Service Disable background for Please user this one user Usually the login process takes about seconds and quot Disabling background user hive upload quot takes seconds I deleted the user's profile and had Windows recreate it again but the exact same problem occurs Time -- Event ID nbsp Received user logon notification on session Time -- Event ID nbsp Starting synchronize profile from lt Please wait for User Profile Service - Disable background user hive upload task succeeded. profile gt v to C users lt profile gt Time -- Event ID nbsp Finished Synchronize profile nbsp from lt profile gt v Result The operation completed successfully Time -- Event ID nbsp Registry file C Users username ntuser dat is loaded at HKU S- - - - - - - Time -- Event ID nbsp Registry file C Users username AppData Local Microsoft Windows UsrClass dat is loaded at HKU S- - - - - - - Classes Time -- Event ID Disable background user hive upload task succeeded Time -- Event ID nbsp Finished processing user logon notification on session nbsp Any idea why disabling the backgroung user hive takes over minutes Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c351bddd-1d55-4a9b-99bc-9a23bab8a61b/please-wait-for-user-profile-service-disable-background-user-hive-upload-task-succeeded?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 96.75%

My user profile became corrupted after years of problem-free usage no clue why so now I to (after new user copy user profile Cannot data ) folder corrupted always end up in a temporary account after a reboot As per Microsoft's instructions I found here Fix a corrupted user profile - Windows Help I created a new account logged out and logged in again using another account Cannot copy user data to new user folder (after profile corrupted ) not the newly created one tried to copy the data from the account that had its user profile corrupted to the new account However under C Users the user folder I want to copy from is a white generic icon not a folder and it Cannot copy user data to new user folder (after profile corrupted ) is padlocked and has a size of KB - so I can't open it to copy from Looking at how much data is on C it looks as if all my data could still be there I hope How could I get access to copy all data from my old account into the new account Many thanks in advance for some hints as to what to do

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/380166-cannot-copy-user-data-new-user-folder-after-profile-corrupted.html
Relevancy 96.75%

i am preparing to repave my pc which is running win7 home premium. it is very painful to lose years of user-data during repaving. i want to backup the user-created-data in windows. what are the possible locations that i need to look into? thanks in advance

PS. i am aware of the fact that backing up malware-created data is harmful. i will exercise extreme caution to go through what i am gonna backup and try to minimize what will be backed-up; also that i wont restore what i have backed-up without scanning thoroughly with security software.

A:locations of user data/ user-configurations stored in windows7

Are you saying that your system is infected now?

If so...I suggest that you try to get the malware removed by one of our two malware forums...before backing up or doing anything else.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544433/locations-of-user-data-user-configurations-stored-in-windows7/
Relevancy 96.75%

Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to help. Recently, a few strange things have happened with the PC, which first started when I found I couldn't use the Backup & Recovery software in Windows 7. Whenever I clicked on one of the buttons with a shield, nothing would happen at all. I've looked around and just can't find the solution to this. However, today when trying to fix this, I've come across a new user account in the permissions section. The name is jvactaett - I certainly haven't made this! Does anyone have any ideas how this account has got there, and how I can remove it? It doesn't show in user accounts through Control Panel.

I've put a screenshot as well. To get there, I right clicked a hard drive and went to properties, Security, Add, advanced and then clicked Find Now.

I don't know if the two things above are linked or not...
Thanks!

A:Unknown user showing in user accounts - possibly compromised?

A further observation is that when I do sfc /scannow through cmd, it stops at 59%. Same problem as this post, but didn't follow all the things that were replied as I didn't know if they were relevant to me...

Windows Firewall Service unable to activate, SFC scan unable to work

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/309723-unknown-user-showing-user-accounts-possibly-compromised.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Here's my issue, I would like to RDP to a Windows 7 laptop. Even with Administrative privledges, it will tell me "Waiting for user to respond". I would like to either switch users via RDP, or force them to log off without prompting.

Server is SBS 2008. I already have "Set Rules for remote control of Terminal Services user sessions" to Full Control without user's permission.

Relevancy 96.75%

I know you can lock down an AD account user. Lockdown specific machine on to a user domain a login to log into a specific machine but can you lock down a machine to only accept certain user logins We have some mission critical machines that only have the specific rights with certain ID s but the users keep insiting on logging onto them Lockdown user login on a domain machine to a specific user. as their own ID thus making the app not work properly and the machine go whacky I want to set it up to deny logins other than using the specified ID s they have been given already and not their own user accounts Is there any way to do this other than limiting EVERY user account since I only need this limit on like PC s per site I have Thanks for any help yes I know about runas types of solutions I really would like to keep these Lockdown user login on a domain machine to a specific user. PC s as clean as we can and not have other user profiles on them at all TIA nbsp

A:Lockdown user login on a domain machine to a specific user.

So I would assume these computers are attached to the domain, so their domain logins allow them to login to the computer.

Couldn't you use a combination of the local policies
Deny logon locally
Logon Locally

Both of them allow you to add a user or group to those local policy. I would think that if you deny the everyone group in the domain then set the users who are allowed to login in the other policy, that might work. I am not sure though. I would have to test it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lockdown-user-login-on-a-domain-machine-to-a-specific-user.440398/
Relevancy 96.75%

Upgraded from Windows to Windows some months ago Original profile did not require password to log in and was not associated with a Google email or Microsoft account that I know of I added a user a couple of days ago added a personal account of mine with my own password from my laptop because software problem said try another user and this laptop computer didn't have any other users So I added one That was a mistake After I quot added a user quot I could ONLY log on the computer with the NEW user The old one the profile all the Added original User, user profile & / disappeared settings settings the playlists everything was gone Like it never existed There was and is no option to log on as the original The computer became an extension of my laptop with zero other option I had to add a third user and give it admin capabilities just to remove my laptop profile which I didn't really want on this computer I was just adding a user to quot try another user quot with a software problem But all my original settings seem gone I can see additional users in Windows Media Player for instance but it says I need permission to access those Since it is impossible to log on as any other user except this latest and third user I can't give myself permission to access those old playlists Adding a user should come with a warning If anyone has any ideas where I can recover the old settings I'd be grateful The threads I've seen around the web and here have directed to Windows workarounds which do not work for my machine

A:Added User, original user / profile & settings disappeared

Hello and welcome to the TenForums

It might be worth finding out all the users that are associated with your PC. To do this open a command prompt (right click on the Start button) and then type in the following command wmic useraccount list full

This will display all users on your system (including hidden ones) and if you paste the results here we can determine which accounts are still present. If you want to see more details of this process look in the tutorial: User Account Details - View in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/56470-added-user-original-user-profile-settings-disappeared.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Hello

Interestingly on boot up I see "another user" but the picture is blank, with a frame around it (I can see through it to the boot wallpaper that I have changed to prove) ..

Who is another user?

Please help as I have been on the 2 days now

A:Created admin User but can see on 'Switch User" cntrl/alt/del

Sorry to bump but things have changed somewhat, and yes could start a new topic but will try the edit function as I am not here often. I see 110 views and that's promising

Please advise who is this "another user" icon/picture is blank, with a frame around it (I can see through it to the boot wallpaper that I have changed to prove) .. on control /alt/ delete.

I now have admin rights back (previous problem) but this "another user" can't be found anywhere (I know of) except at login. I am stumped..

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/243941-created-admin-user-but-can-see-switch-user-cntrl-alt-del.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I have a rebuilt HP system model HP compaq dc sm form factor with Vista business bit GB and TB HD's it only came with the and we have lots of music vids etc AMD Athlon x Dual Core proc GHz GB ram standard cd-rom ATI Radeon XPress and ATI Radeon Xpress secondary This is only for quick specs Right now all user accts have the same quot user profile service service failed the logon quot message I've read everything I could find here and at Microsoft's support forum First of all I tried booting in everyway possible from f and the only way I profile user fail user have accts service login All can logon in any way shape or form is in safemode with command prompt Great fine I went All user accts have user profile service fail login to All user accts have user profile service fail login regedit and followed the path HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList and all of our user profiles in the S- - lines have bak at the end of the string of numbers In control panel I can only access the user acct I logged on with in safe mode and it will not let me create a new user acct So how can I create and log on with a working acct and fix our quot bad quot accts I also tried enabling the built in administrator account with command prompt and my pc hated that idea too I'm pretty sure I shouldn't delete all the s 's with bak and the end of the user accts are admin and is a standard One of the administrators is supposed to be for problems only as my son used to have a bad habit of not scanning his dl's for viruses or not remembering what the pc error message was I hate when he says quot I don't know quot So right now I'm at a loss as what my next step should be I do know why I have this horrible problem from reading other's posts was because of copying the user data to the external HD which is my next nightmare So help and thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/all-user-accts-have-user-profile-service-fail-login-624280.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Hi I have been having trouble gaining access to my user user folder to get to my app data details if i right click there is no option to run as administrator i havn't changed access to how user/(user) padlock/gain remove to folder the share options how to remove padlock/gain access to user/(user) folder but i did follow these instructions nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by Christian Smith If you wanted to remove it just right click on the folder gt Properties gt Security gt Click quot Edit quot how to remove padlock/gain access to user/(user) folder next to change permissions gt Click quot add quot gt if the folder is nothing really personal etc type quot everyone quot Into the dialog box Hit the enter key and quot Apply quot quot Ok quot etc Permissions - Allow or Deny Users and Groups Hope that helps and it stated that i didn't have permissions as it ran through a list of items I then followed these instructions Local Users and Groups Manager - Open and in both option and it stated that quot this computer is running windows home premium this snapin may not be used with this version of windows to manage user accounts for this computer use the user accounts tool in the control panel quot in option the local user and groups option is not there as far as i am aware and in the user account option i am the only user running on this computer and as administrator i am therefore at a loss and any help would be gratefull

A:how to remove padlock/gain access to user/(user) folder

Hello worligig,

You might see if installing and using Take Ownership may allow you to be able to access it afterwards.

Take Ownership Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321220-how-remove-padlock-gain-access-user-user-folder.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I noticed an annoying problem when deleting a user account from your PC Basically Windows Store app got into a pickle on my main user account I fixed it with a restore point But it a traces of user Deleting account behind user in leaves that C:\users wasn't working on my wife and son's user accounts As they barely use them and have little to lose I decided to delete their accounts and then re-create them The intention being to see if Windows Deleting a user account leaves traces of that user behind in C:\users Store worked correctly after doing so It did I deleted the accounts restarted machine for clean slate and set them up again All good but something that I noticed and really annoyed me was when I went into network Deleting a user account leaves traces of that user behind in C:\users I could see the WMP sharing media projecting my wife's name twice and the same for my son Looks a bit rubbish I went on my TV into media sharing and could see the duplicate WMP clients listed on here So as a test I deleted my son's account again and re-created and sure enough now three WMP shares from his Deleting a user account leaves traces of that user behind in C:\users name So I looked under C users and can see using my son as an example three folders son's name son's name-pc name son's name -pc name So this is why I see the duplications because good old Windows doesn't fully delete the user from C users I tried deleting those old folders but got met with either 'in use' or 'denied - you need admin access' Of course my account is an administrator so that doesn't compute I tried taking ownership of those folders and got met with all kinds of resistance but I deleted enough of them to stop the duplicate WMP shares Basically there is nothing in the folders and sub folders but just having a Roaming Microsoft Windows Libraries folder is enough to create a WMP share even for deleted users I don't know if not running the WMP share service would make a difference in that you can delete the old user But this seems a bit lame and is another one to add to my poor experiences using Windows Of course I want to keep the WMP share feature I could of turned it off to stop this duplication but it would of been completely switched off which wasn't the answer Anyway I just wanted to share this in case this causes other users wasted hours of headaches like it did me yesterday

A:Deleting a user account leaves traces of that user behind in C:\users

Having the same issue here. A user account started misbehaving so I used Settings>Accounts to remove it. But the user *folder* is still in c:\users and won't let me delete - even though I have administrator rights. How can you delete these folders?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38555-deleting-user-account-leaves-traces-user-behind-c-users.html
Relevancy 96.75%

dont know user account control password AND no administrator user so i cant download/install anything, cant update, and i cant change any settings someone please help PLUS i just got this computer iv read some other entrys where people had the same problem as me they said to do a system reboot in safemode but i dont know how. can someone help me? thank you

A:dont know user account control password and no administrator user

after the bios loads but before windows start to load hit f8 and you get your windows boot options.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232566-dont-know-user-account-control-password-no-administrator-user.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I had installed expression web 4 into windows 10 and for some reason it created a user account, now my Run command defaults to this user account. I wanted to remove it but it doesn't show under user accounts. How do I fix this?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437561-removing-user-account-doesnt-show-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Running Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Why does iTunes and other sounds keep playing even when that user who initiated it logs off using "Switch user?" The sounds and iTunes keep playing even when another user logs in.

A:iTunes & sounds keep playing even when user logs off using Switch user

Could be because of Fast User Switching. That really doesn't Log Out the other user. It just Switches users, as in both are still logged in.

Try Logging out the other user.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251777-itunes-sounds-keep-playing-even-when-user-logs-off-using-switch-user.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Hi using windows I am unable to move user profile folders to a (C:\user\*username*) to Unable different move folder to location user different Unable to move user folder (C:\user\*username*) to different location drive C drive space is limited I have attempted to move it Unable to move user folder (C:\user\*username*) to different location via the MMC LU amp G snap-in and it refuses to work both with old accounts that already existed and new ones that had never been logged in I have attempted with each of the accounts I want to move to no avail the whole user folder remains in C users rather than B users I have used this method successfully before admittedly on a different virtual machine unsure as to why it's failing on this one I have also attempted to rename the folder in C users to C users username old while keeping the MMC settings the same but that only throws up a temporary profile error also searched through the registry for the keys that define the location of the user folder using the administrator account to no avail How do I get Windows to do what I want rather than what it wants Thank you

A:Unable to move user folder (C:\user\*username*) to different location

How about this method to move User Profile - Change Default Location

It is a the safer method to move User Folders - Change Default Location.

If not try SFC /SCANNOW Command.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376773-unable-move-user-folder-c-user-username-different-location.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I'm running Win About the virus - at first each a new user, the remove copy I a new to if virus the files I user? Can all create time I started the computer I saw an Internet Security fake scan and it disabled all exe Now Can I remove a virus if I create a new user, copy all the files to the new user? I see a US Courts MoneyPak screen Safe Mode won't start System restore doesn't work either because the restore points are too recent I googled how to remove the virus but most require dowloading and installing programs - which I don't want to do I would prefer to manually delete the virus files I found a couple videos that edit the registry but I can't find the infected files in my reg Which got me to thinking Using the command prompt I created a new user which creates a new clean reg No problems with the computer logged in as the new user All the programs work ok and I've copied all the files from the infected user to the new user If I now delete the infected user does that also delete the Can I remove a virus if I create a new user, copy all the files to the new user? registry for that user and the virus along with it assuming the virus is in the registry

A:Can I remove a virus if I create a new user, copy all the files to the new user?

Hello? Anyone?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501427/can-i-remove-a-virus-if-i-create-a-new-user-copy-all-the-files-to-the-new-user/
Relevancy 96.75%

I tried to google this and it seems neither is possible but I wanted to hear the truths from the horses mouth I have a Win Pro x computer with users who boths needs to be able this really is a must install software on the computer but they can't have access to each other's private folders user folder Basically I see theoretical options a make standard user accounts and give these accounts the right to install software Is this possible and if yes how b make admin user accounts and prevent them from accessing to each other's user folder I can user user or something prevent Installing standard an admin to rights do this but not in a way that doesn't mess with windows basically I would encrypt the Installing rights to standard user or prevent an admin user something file but then windows wouldn't be able to use the folder like it is built to use it and I'm pretty sure this would cause problems Is there another way to do this which doesn't cause problems with windows Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help

A:Installing rights to standard user or prevent an admin user something

a) This may be possible in theory but it would not be easy. Don't go there.
b) All administrators are equal. Any restrictions you impose can be undone by another.
The only practical way to do what you want is to encrypt the users folders. Windows doesn't care about user folders so that is not an issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302090-installing-rights-standard-user-prevent-admin-user-something.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I recently added an admin user to my comp. and the problem is that now when i reboot i have to either select admin or myself. i do a lot of remoting to my comp when im away and if i need to reboot im gonna be stuck because the comp will not automatically reload my profile. If there is no way to do this, how can i delete a user from the comp. Ill just get rid of the admin user.
Thanks in advance,

VC

A:can windows automatically load a certain user without the screen to select a user

If I am understanding you correctly, I think this will help:

From an Administrator account, click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2. Remove the check mark from Users must enter a username and password and click Apply. Follow the prompts.

See if that helps. Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-windows-automatically-load-a-certain-user-without-the-screen-to-select-a-user.160801/
Relevancy 96.75%

Hi all,
I installed Windows 7 and ended up with a default user (AxeL) with Administrative privileges.

Now I enabled the default Administrator account and lowered the privileges of my user AxeL (see Accounts.png).
If I open the User Profiles Pane in Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings the size of the user account is unknown (see Profiles.png).

If I switch back the user Axel to Administrators everything works and I can see the right size in the User Profiles Pane.

Does anyone have a clue on this?
I've tried also Vista and 8 and they all seems affected.

Thanks

A:Changing user type to Standard User invalide size

Elevate Axel to Admin account, hide the Built In Admin account: Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Forums

This is the best way to set it up, the reason a new install is issued Admin account. In five years since Win7 beta I've never seen a reason why not, except for one or two of the most incompetent users imaginable. But who is going to be their Admin for them? Having a separate account just makes your right hand ask your left hand if it can act.

Malware is adequately restricted by UAL set to a high setting and your AV. For chronic infection, adding Malwarebytes Real Time protection has IME never had a recurrence of infection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/330929-changing-user-type-standard-user-invalide-size.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I have created a batch file file bat to run on every machine to create a batch file file bat to User/Each to User All Menu startup of Copy file Batch (.bat) a launch Copy Batch (.bat) file to startup Menu of All User/Each User a page at windows startup This is the content of file bat echo off echo gt quot C Users User AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup file bat echo start http www msn com gt C Users User AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup file bat Expected result is to copy the file bat to startup of each user profile nbsp However The file bat is not copied to the startup folder on windows after testing However this will work nbsp in file bat echo off echo gt quot C Testing file bat echo start http www msn com gt C Testing file bat I do not have a domain joined network nbsp I need to send the file bat to all staff nbsp I plan to deploy to C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup nbsp Thanks in advance to all nbsp Any nbsp help is appreciated nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ee7b7f92-97f6-49f5-8b2f-61599d060a78/copy-batch-bat-file-to-startup-menu-of-all-usereach-user?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 96.75%

I will give as best description of what happened and what I have tried so far - I allowed Windows to do an update and restart yesterday evening - User be User upon login profile - Service loaded ERROR cannot When the computer started back up as usual it asked me to enter my password Unfortunately the message that comes after reads The User Service service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be loaded and my only option I to click OK and return to the password-entry page - I have tried multiple ways to enter safe mode by first holding Shift Restart in the lower right of the password-entry page then Troubleshoot Advanced options Startup Settings selecting option Enable Safe Mode And it just takes me back to that dang password-entry page - Next I tried System Restore Attempt User Service ERROR upon login - User profile cannot be loaded - I set the restore point to the most current before the Windows Update I did the night before - the User Service ERROR upon login - User profile cannot be loaded restore only runs about min before showing an error System Restore failed while scanning the file system on the drive C The drive might be corrupt You might want to retry System Restore after running cchdsk R on this disk An unspecified error occurred during System Restore - x - System Restore Attempt - User Service ERROR upon login - User profile cannot be loaded This time I checked the box for Show more restore points and selected the farthest back restore point with Description Automatic Restore Point Type System This process ran for much longer probably somewhere between - min Unfortunately the process failed again but the message was different saying System Restore could not access a file This is probably because an anti-virus program is running on the computer Temporarily disable your antivirus program and retry System Restore An unspecified error occurred during System Restore - x This is where I get stuck I cannot get into Windows to turn off any anti-virus program that may be running I'm also not sure if that is even the problem because I was reading other postings about getting in via safe mode and manually changing some user info or something that may have been damaged during the update it was quite technical and since I couldn't even get into safe mode I did not pursue l the steps in any detail

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593469/user-service-error-upon-login-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 96.75%

I started configuring Vista Home Premium as an administrative user and was wondering if it was possible to transfer the configuration for that user to a different standard user account which, from what I understand, would be more secure. It should be possible to switch the administrative user account to a standard user account (haven't seen this either), but I would like the option of using a standard user account with basically the settings I have set up so far for the admin account while maintaining the admin account as is. Is there an easy way to accomplish this? Thanks.

A:Transfering Program Settings for Administrative User to Standard User

The easiest way would be to create a new account, copy the profile of the original account over to the new one, and then make the new account a limited one.

Though this is for corrupted profiles, the method is the same:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfering-program-settings-for-administrative-user-to-standard-user.733508/
Relevancy 96.75%

Is a standard user account really necessary for tight security for the home user or will a well secured administrator account be sufficient?

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/64477-standard-user-account-necessary-tight-security-home-user.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I need to add another standard user. I have one admin account and one standard user.

After adding the second standard account name and password on Control Panel
I get the confirmation that the new user can now sign in.

However,I get this famous message that the profile service cannot open.

I looked into C:users and find
Default.migrated
Public
Administrator
First standard user

But not the newly created user account. Nor can I find it in the Registry ProfileService.

Why does Window lye to me saying the new user account is available but it did not create it?

A:Added user account Windows does not create user profile

Did you sign out of your account and then try to sign in to the new one?
The new user folder won't be created until you sign in and set up the account.

User Account - Add a New User in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/41690-added-user-account-windows-does-not-create-user-profile.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I have created a batch file file bat to run on every machine to create a batch file file bat to a launch a page at windows startup This is the content of file bat echo off echo (.bat) User/Each Batch to of Menu file User All startup Copy gt quot C Users User AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup file bat echo start http www msn com gt C Users User AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Copy Batch (.bat) file to startup Menu of All User/Each User file bat Expected result is to copy the file bat to startup of each user profile nbsp The file bat is not copied to the startup folder on windows However this will work on file bat echo off echo gt quot C Testing file bat echo start http www msn com gt C Testing file bat I do not have a domain joined network nbsp I need to send the file bat to all staff nbsp I plan to deploy to C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup nbsp Thanks in advance to all nbsp Any nbsp help is appreciated nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8a5959a4-42c3-44d8-b940-7fad20fc3aa9/copy-batch-bat-file-to-startup-menu-of-all-usereach-user?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 96.75%

What does this mean:  C:\Users\Ted\AppData\Local\Temp\ScrC777.temp\_FRBatch.pac was not found, and how can I resolve it?
I usually see it on start up  after "sleep".
Thanks

A: C:\Users\Ted\AppData\Local\Temp\ScrC777.temp\_FRBatch.pac was not found

Hi TedRayWesty,
When your computer ?wake up? from ?sleep? mode, the RAM will be able to respond to a wake-up event and calling files for program. There might be a calling failure. I searched about your temp folder name and the temp file name and seems like it is not a system
file and it is called by some third party software.
Try following steps to resolve your issue
Please perform a clean boot and see if the issue still persist.
Check the other contents in ScrC777.temp folder see if you could identify the software.(seems like some Security Software or Anti-Spyware)
Uninstall it and delete the temp folder see what happens.
About clean boot in Windows 7
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us?wa=wsignin1.0
Regards

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/267bec6d-7d8c-44c4-a88f-ed5a07801b7f/cuserstedappdatalocaltempscrc777tempfrbatchpac-was-not-found?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 95.89%

I have to select a user upon startup of Windows instead of have just being prompted for a password as per usual of having one user. Same deal when locking. Any ideas?

A:Have to select user upon startup, and after locking. Single User

Hello KillerHonky, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you have to select a user's icon at the log on screen, then what other user's icon is displayed to select from if you only have a single user account on the computer?

....or do you mean that you have to enter both the user name and password at log on instead of just the password?

You could use the tutorial below to set Windows 7 to automatically log on to a user account at startup.

Log On Automatically at Startup

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/194713-have-select-user-upon-startup-after-locking-single-user.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I'm running XP Pro with mulitiple users. I want to "turn off" Internet access for a single user while leaving free access to the other users.

I've tried a couple of NetNanny style programs, but I don't like the extra passwords that others have to use, and I don't like extra burden on system resources.

j.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/block-internet-for-single-user-on-multi-user-xp-pro.142159/