Windows Support Forum

Sound is being disabled after reinstalling windows xp of my Laptop

Q: Sound is being disabled after reinstalling windows xp of my Laptop

Acer travelmate Model BY Operating system Windows XP wth servicepack Hi After being reinstalled windows xp the sound of my laptop has been disabled The icon of sound in the right bottom of the screen has been gone And now disabled of being my windows is Laptop after Sound xp reinstalling I got different sound errors sometimes when I go to - start all programs accessries entertainment volume control and then click I got the error that quot there is no active mixer device avaiable On control panel when I click on Sound is being disabled after reinstalling windows xp of my Laptop sound and audio devices I found all the options related to sound are being disabled I also checked out the harware section on MY Comuter the sounds drivers are there but something goes wrong with respect to that I have already downloaded audio vga and someother drivers from us acer com ac en us content drivers and installed them but the problem is still there that is the sound is disabled I would really appreciate on this forum if I can get the solution from someone with respect to that sound problem I am facing I can t want to open my laptop s harware because I cant do that BinNyen nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Sound is being disabled after reinstalling windows xp of my Laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Sound is being disabled after reinstalling windows xp of my Laptop

Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-is-being-disabled-after-reinstalling-windows-xp-of-my-laptop.198314/
Relevancy 60.63%

Can anyone tell me how I would do this? I've tried for days to locate my driver with no success.

Thanks

A:Reinstalling a sound driver for onboard sound from a pre-packaged Windows XP

normally you can go to the manufacturer's website and download the orignal OEM drivers for your computers model and series.
usually under Customer service and support or downloads on the companies' website.

If not an OEM install from a major manufacturer such as Dell or Compaq etc, then you should still be able to find out the manufacturer of the motherboard itself and go to their website and do the same

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalling-a-sound-driver-for-onboard-sound-from-a-pre-packaged-windows-xp.382503/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys i recently re-installed windows xp on my Sony Vaio VGN T XP L GB - after doing so i now have no sound i am not a complete noob because i have installed sound drivers before on my computer but it has never escalated No reinstalling sound after Windows XP to this level of frustration i downloaded the drivers for my laptop and within the audio file was soundMAX and when i run it it unpacks and i get an error message at the end telling me the drivers were not found and i should reboot when i went on the sony vaio website and i found my specific model it says Multimedia Audio No sound after reinstalling Windows XP ChipsetAD B - -bit CD-quality stereo sound Chipset ManufacturerAnalog Devices Audio TypeAC Link and i have downloaded Everest but funny enough in the summary there s no multimedia section s ALSO in an attempt to fix No sound after reinstalling Windows XP the sound i recently logged in on safe mode and deleted the legacy audio drivers now in device manager the only drivers that show under sound video and game controllers are - Legacy Media Capture Devices - Media Control Devices - Video Codecs Here is my Everest Summary Field Value Computer Computer Type Advanced Configuration and Power Interface ACPI PC Mobile Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home No sound after reinstalling Windows XP Edition OS Service Pack TRIAL VERSION Internet Explorer IE SP DirectX DirectX c Computer Name ISRAELS-LAPTOP User Name Israel Guyman Logon Domain TRIAL VERSION Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type Mobile Intel Pentium M ULV MHz x Motherboard Name Sony VGN-T XP L GB Motherboard Chipset Intel Montara-GM i GME System Memory TRIAL VERSION BIOS Type Phoenix Display Video Adapter Intel Extreme Graphics D Accelerator Intel Extreme Graphics Storage IDE Controller Intel R DBM Ultra ATA Storage Controller - CA Disk Drive Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device Disk Drive Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device Disk Drive Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device Disk Drive Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device MB USB Disk Drive TOSHIBA MK GAH GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive MATSHITA UJ- Da DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-RAM x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW DVD-RAM SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS TRIAL VERSION Total Size TRIAL VERSION Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse PS Compatible Mouse Network Primary IP Address TRIAL VERSION Primary MAC Address - E- -A -C -FF Network Adapter Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection TRIAL VERSION Peripherals FireWire Controller Texas Instruments PCI x a- OHCI Two-Port PHY Link-Layer Controller PHY TI TSB AB USB Controller Intel DBM ICH -M - USB Controller B- USB Controller Intel DBM ICH -M - USB Controller B- USB Controller Intel DBM ICH -M - USB Controller B- USB Controller Intel DBM ICH -M - Enhanced USB Controller B- USB Device USB Mass Storage Device Battery Microsoft AC Adapter Battery Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery i just want to hear sound thanks so much in advance guys any more information needed let me know nbsp

A:No sound after reinstalling Windows XP

please respond!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-after-reinstalling-windows-xp.167749/
Relevancy 56.76%

Recently my Sony Vaio VGC V3S crash resulting in a need to reinstall Windows XP. Thankfully I had my drive partitioned C & D and most of my data was on the D drive thankfully!

I now have 2 issues - 1. I cannot play any sound and presume I'll need to reinstall the correct sound drivers.
2. Although I reinstalled Windows XP I cannot find any Outlook Express data files. I didn't reformat the hard disc and the operating system was installed on the C drive.

Any help with either problem would be appreciated?

A:NO SOUND AVAILABLE after Reinstalling Windows XP

I bet you need to reinstall the ausio drivers. you should be able to get them from your computer manufactorers website.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-available-after-reinstalling-windows-xp.943065/
Relevancy 56.76%

after reinstalling windows xp i no longer have any sound on my computer, through audio controls it says there are no "devices" present, also when trying to add hardware it says these programs are not installed and are missing:

Video Controller (VGA Cmpatible)
PCI Simple Communications Controller
Multimedia Audio Controller
UNKNOWN

Please help!!!

A:No sound after reinstalling windows xp

Hi

do you know what system board you have if so got to manufactors website and download corect drivers for your board

hope this helps

Jason

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-after-reinstalling-windows-xp.91409/
Relevancy 56.76%

I recently reinstalled windows today from pro to home, and now I have no sound. In Sound and audio devices in the control panel it says I have no sound device. What should I do?

Thanks

A:No Sound after reinstalling windows

Did you install the drivers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346169/no-sound-after-reinstalling-windows/
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm about ready to beat my head into a wall.

I've got an onboard sound card that has not worked since I formatted my computer (Win XP Pro SP2). The device has the latest drivers from the manufacturer installed, it's enabled in Windows and the BIOS, the Audio Codecs are there, the Windows Sound service is running, thd driver reports no problems at all and yet, No Audio Devices are found when I go into Sounds and Audio Devices in the Control Panel.

I've tried installing another sound card in there too, which installs fine, but still isn't selectable as an audio device. What the heck could I be missing here? If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated...

Relevancy 56.76%

I ve recently completly wiped my Hard Drive due to some Malware problems After reinstalling windows and whatnot I start installing my drivers So far everything is fine There is only one problem I have absolutely no sound Usually what I would do after formatting wiping HD is go on the website of the company that maneufactured my computer a small company called quot Seanix quot and all I had to do was enter my computer s serial number and they d give me the driver or whatever that would allow me to have sound Seanix has just recently gone bankrupt and their website is now offline so I cannot do so anymore I sound reinstalling No Windows after ve installed many driver programs and according to them all of my drivers are up to date but I have No sound after reinstalling Windows absolutely no sound If it can help I remember No sound after reinstalling Windows there being a sound manager called quot realtek quot or something in the lower right permanently I tried installing the codecs that are on the Realtek website and still no results I ve been up for quite a while trying to fix this problem if you have any idea No sound after reinstalling Windows how to help me I would be deeply appreciative If you need any more info just tell me Thank you nbsp

A:No sound after reinstalling Windows

you could always use google and type in the computer and drivers for said computer and see what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-after-reinstalling-windows.159074/
Relevancy 56.76%

After I reinstalled windows, the sound was gone and I mean the sound chip integrated in the computer. I tried installing all kind of drivers, but nothing helps. It shows as there is no sound device conected. So is there some software/driver that woukld make computer see and use the integratedsound chip?

A:No sound after reinstalling windows

Hi: What is the full model number or product number of your PC? The product number can be found on the same sticker as the serial number.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/No-sound-after-reinstalling-windows/td-p/5638558
Relevancy 56.33%

i just re-installed windows 7 due to some problems but now am unable to play any audio files.. what should i do?

A:can't play sound after reinstalling windows 7.. plz help

Did you install all the drivers? Win 7 will install a lot of items, depending on your specific PC, but may not install everything or what it installs may not be compatible. The sound is one example, in most cases the PC vendor (or motherboard vendor in the case of a self built or custom built PC) sound drivers should be used. Non Vendor sound drivers many times either do not work or do not work correctly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/253030-cant-play-sound-after-reinstalling-windows-7-plz-help.html
Relevancy 55.9%

my pc has lost all sound. speakers are working but when I go in to sounds and multimedia in control panel everything is grey so I can't tick boxes or change anything. It was fine one day then the next gone. I've virus scanned and found nothing

Relevancy 55.04%

I have had this problem before when installing windows xp on a Dell so I saved my drivers folder to a flash drive to put back in the new drivers folder after re-installing windows but this time it didn't work.

I have tried all my disks and tried to specify the location for my audio drivers but it still shows "no drivers installed for this device" no matter what I do.

Can anyone help me with this?

A:No sound after reinstalling windows on my Dell, drivers not found

You tried installing the drivers from the disks which came with your PC, but have you tried downloading the most recent audio drivers directly from Dell's website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-after-reinstalling-windows-on-my-dell-drivers-not-found.156036/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have an creative x-fi installed which I have disabled. The on board realtek (mb is an asus ph67) shows audio input to speakers in control panel but no sound at jacks (front or rear). Does the presence of the Creative SC disable the onboard audio?

A:on board (realtek) sound disabled with creative card disabled

Did you remove the Creative drivers? If not, there's probably some sort of conflict.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/295876-board-realtek-sound-disabled-creative-card-disabled.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello all, I have an hp laptop with windows 8 installed.  I would like to reinstall it to sell the laptop.  Like many OEM laptops it has a windows 8 sticker with a product key on the bottom.  Since that key is currently in use in the laptop right now and it's an OEM copy of windows will I be able to put in that key and have windows be activated after I reinstall?  Or will it say that the key is invalid or already in use?  If it won't work then how can I make that key on the bottom work?  Thanks for any help you guys can give! 

A:Reinstalling Windows 8.1 on HP laptop?

That key on the bottom might not be your Microsoft license. You can extract your license by running;

https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581387/reinstalling-windows-81-on-hp-laptop/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello guys,
Im quite sure this has been posted before but i cant happen to find it, i have a newish samsung laptop that came preinstalled with windows 8 but i need to format the stock hard drive and i was wondering how i would reinstall full windows 8 without a product key. if anyone could help that would be amazing, thank you!

A:Reinstalling windows 8 on laptop

Shouldn't the full version simply over-write the OEM version ?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/27906-reinstalling-windows-8-laptop.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,

I have bought a laptop while ago from Samsung that came with windows 8.
Due to software problems i decided to reinstall the windows.
When accessing the hard disk in windows installation i deleted all Partitions on
HD. Inclusief those from factory.
When i try to install windows now , he''s asking for drivers and he will not
continue without. I tried to download the sata hd drivers, wich he finds, but
he still keeps screaming for drivers. Did i delete the wrong map? is it possible to recover this?

Laptop model from Samsung : NP900X4D-A02be

Kind regards
Gino Verstraeten

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys I'm new here I've had some virus trouble and decided to reformat and or Windows detect and sound card network formatting doesn't after Xp reinstalling reinstall windows Well after I reinstalled windows didn't detect that I had a sound card or network card installed I've looked up a little bit of information on it but it's Windows Xp doesn't detect network or sound card after reinstalling and formatting been rather confusing and I'm a bit scared to continue messing with my computer with out knowing what I'm doing I read up that I need to install some chipset drivers so that my motherboard can recognize the different cards I downloaded a program to tel Windows Xp doesn't detect network or sound card after reinstalling and formatting me what my chipset is but it gave me a long number and I didn't know which one to use The chipset it gave me was i p pe g i p I downloaded some chipset and installed it but when I restarted my computer it said that it couldn't detect an OS Some how since then my computer can boot properly and can load up windows So I guess what my question is what drivers do I need to download for my computer My mother board is a Think Centre M u If you need anymore information about my pc let me know Thanks in advance Bloodeyes

A:Windows Xp doesn't detect network or sound card after reinstalling and formatting

Well, there are several ways to approach this.

I keep a junky USB network card, and it's drivers on a thumbdrive, and everytime I reinstall XP, first thing I do is install SP3 standalone, and the second thing I do is install the USB network card and run Windows Update. Most or all of the drivers for the motherboard (or "chipset") usually get installed this way. Saves time hunting for specific drivers for specific motherboards, because it is tedious and time-consuming sometimes.

If this is an OEM machine (Gateway, Dell, HP, etc...) you can find the motherboard drivers via the support page of the web-site of the company that manufactured it. Just run the model number of the computer on their search engine, and the drivers will be there.

If the machine is custom, there is always a silk-screened model number on the surface of the motherboard, that will tell you what model it is. You can then usually find drivers for that model on the motherboard manufacturers support page.

These "driver finding programs" that I see seem like big fat scams, trying to get you to register, pay, read ads, recieve spam and after spending a lot of time, you still don't have the drivers. I wouldn't waste time with any of them, and have always been able to find the drivers I need.

It's a skill, and takes practice. One component of this is the ability to see where the time-wasters are (such as "register for our free driver finding service"), and where the most effective (meaning fastest) routes are. I don't think I've ever seen a manufacturer that did not have drivers available for any of their products, unless they are very, very old (like 8 years or so...). Sometimes you have to dig around in the "archived" files.

Like I said, it's a skill and takes practice.

Post the make & model of the computer, or the make & model of the motherboard, and (since we're both online right now) I'll see if I can find them for you.

EDIT***

Sorry, missed the part where you did that already. I'll be back in a second...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-doesnt-detect-network-or-sound-card-after-reinstalling-and-formatting-336029.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, downloaded Windows7 SP1 on an HP Pavilion laptop and since then get a message that my speakers are disabled (as are headphones). The drivers claim to be up to date, I've tried disinstalling them, updating nothing seems to work....worse still when I tried to run system restore I discovered that I hadn't set a restore point ( I'm sure it told me it was doing this during SP1 download) any ideas? Thanks

A:Sound disabled after downloading Windows 7 SP1

Hi and welcome to Seven forums.

What doe's it show as the default playback device?

To find out goto Start>Control Panel>Sounds , you should then get a screen similar to the one below.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/185113-sound-disabled-after-downloading-windows-7-sp1.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Ok I am sitting here with this thinkpad 240x and from what I can gather, the hard drive has been wiped when I turn it on I get this

Partition corrupt or doesnt exist, save to disk feature disabled run phisk bla bla bla

then operating system not found

So as it stands I have 2 choices, windows xp install from disk)

or windows 98 floppy to begin with then 2 cd's

then thinkbad reconises the floppy drive, but not the usb external cd drive, god knows what type of connection the floppy drive uses a serial like one... I am not sure, anyway that works, the usb external cd drive is the orginal and does work on other computers

So help me where do I go from here

A:Reinstalling Windows Xp On Thinkpad Laptop

Here is a link to M$ to get the floppy disk utilityhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/310994 you will need to have an external optical drive that hooks up to usb, another computer to download the file and to make the floppy (six) disks.once you have done this, you can boot from the floppys, with the optical drive hooked up. you can also see if the laptop has external usb boot in the bios.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93789/reinstalling-windows-xp-on-thinkpad-laptop/
Relevancy 53.75%

hey i have a akoya medion p6512 laptop....it was having windows 7 home premium
and then i installed windows 7 ultimate on it....everything went smoothly but then a step came where it says
something like updating the registry and then it starts completing installation
after a few minutes my laptop automatically gets turned off
and when i reboot it...it says windows installation cannot be continued
now i am not even able to install another windows on it....same thing happend with every version of windows....i have even tried ubuntu but still its not working

A:Laptop not working after reinstalling windows 7

Have you tried the medion akoya p6512 Recovery DVD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/298731-laptop-not-working-after-reinstalling-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

So I'm trying to clean up my buddy's sisters laptop He Problematic Laptop Windows on Reinstalling said it was getting blue screen within minutes I never played around on it I just put in my windows disc and began trying to wipe it and install a new windows I tried wiping and formatting the hard drive and throwing windows on there but I think I messed up somewhere Whether I formated it wrong it was something else I'm not sure but it wouldn't install windows When I try to install windows it says it cannot install required files Make sure all files are available etc Error code x D When I boot the laptop it says bootmgr is missing So I think the hard drive needs to be formatted properly and Reinstalling Windows on Problematic Laptop windows installed How do I go Reinstalling Windows on Problematic Laptop about doing this I'm guessing I need to open cmd prompt in the I'm windows installation screen and format it through commands Can somebody help me out with this If you need more info please let me know

A:Reinstalling Windows on Problematic Laptop

Is this disc the same version of Windows 7 that was installed on the laptop?  Ex.  Windows Home (64-bit)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613344/reinstalling-windows-on-problematic-laptop/
Relevancy 53.75%

I currently have Windows 7 that cam with my laptop. A few days ago it seems I contracted a "maybe" virus, that has pop ups that come up when I go to a new site (esp. if site is not in browser history).

I was told this could be spyware and/or malware. One suggestion I was given for getting rid of said issue was reinstalling Windows 7. If so how would I do this and what would I need? I don't have the Windows 7 disc, and Windows 7 is still currently installed on my lap top. So before I do anything and would like to what exactly will happen before I do anything to Windows 7 that I already have?

Thank you. I apologize if this issue has been discussed before.

A:Reinstalling A Preloaded Windows 7 On Laptop

Hello thalivest and welcome to Seven Forums.

It would help if you listed your system specs. At the top of any Forum page click on "User CP". Then in the left column click on "Edit System Spec". If you need help finding your system info a free tool called Speccy will help.

Speccy - System Information - Free Download

You could check for malware by running a full scan with the free Malwarebytes. A second (or third) scan with ESET Online Scanner and Windows Defender Offline wouldn't hurt since no anti-malware product is 100% effective 100% of the time. (If there was such a thing we'd all be using it.)

Many newer laptops come from the factory with a hidden recovery partition already on the hard drive. It can return your machine to factory specs (just like the day you brought it home.) Each manufacturer has a different way of accessing the recovery partition so that's why your specs are important.

You could also elect to do a clean reinstall of the operating system and eliminate all the factory bloatware. One of the Forum experts prepared this tutorial which explains how to do that along with a way to get a legitimate installation disk for your machine's version of Windows 7.

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/257153-reinstalling-preloaded-windows-7-laptop.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there I hope that this message finds you well First of all I am not sure whether my laptop is infected with a virus its hard drive is failing or Disabled Classic Sound, Look; Security in Internet, Windows Bar Windows Task there is something else that is wrong with it but here's what I've observed so far The problem started when I tried to open a word document and got the following error message Microsoft Office cannot verify the license for this application A repair attempt failed or was canceled by the user The application will now shut down I restarted the laptop hoping that this would solve the problem however when it restarted my task bar changed to the classic grey look my attempt to restore the system to a previous point in time using system restore Windows Task Bar in Classic Look; Internet, Sound, Windows Security Disabled resulted in the following error message System Restore does not appear to be functioning correctly on this system A Volume Shadow Copy Service component encountered an unexpected error Check the Application event log for more information x Windows Security system stopped working my internet stopped working and my sound was disabled I have avast installed which didn't detect any problems even after I ran a boot-up scan I also tried several other anti virus malware programs that have not been able to solve the problem Specifically a bootable Kaspensky disc did not detect any suspicious program Windows Task Bar in Classic Look; Internet, Sound, Windows Security Disabled superantispyware found and removed several cookies and malwarebytes which was outdated because I couldn't update it without internet discovered two malware files called Adware GamePlayLab which were successfully deleted I have been unable to run many other programs because the laptop wouldn't allow me to install them or it wouldn't boot them from USB CD Finally I have run a Windows hard disk check which came back with no problems When I tried to run the Hitachi Drive Fitness Test however the program could not detect my hard drive which could also be due to me not knowing how to properly run the program This is all I can think of right now pertaining to my issue It's been going on for several days already without any change so I am looking forward to your response Thank you so much in advance for your help and have a beautiful day Kat Below is my log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Kat at on - - Running Processes Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com cse cx partner-pub- xbhdw hkfz amp ie ISO- - amp q amp sa Search uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearch Page hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig redirectdomain brand TSND amp bmod TSND uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf mStart Page hxxp www google com ig redirectdomain brand TSND amp bmod TSND mDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig redirectdomain brand TSND amp bmod TSND uProxyServer uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s uURLSearchHooks b ed faf- a - d - d d- f cb f - lt orphaned gt uURLSearchHooks InternetHelper Toolbar e a-deef- cf - bfb- c ea a d - C Program Files x InternetHelper prxtbInte dll mURLSearchHooks InternetHelper Toolbar e a-deef- cf - bfb- c ea a d - C Program Files x InternetHelper prxtbInte dll mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO InternetHelper Toolbar e a-deef- cf - bfb- c ea a d - C Program Files x InternetHelper prxtbInte dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GROOVEEX DLL BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program F... Read more

A:Windows Task Bar in Classic Look; Internet, Sound, Windows Security Disabled

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully. First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding. Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one. If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem. Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me. Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts. If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed. Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean. My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.    Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here or here. Unzip it to your Desktop.Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while the scan is being performed. Do not use your computer for anything else during the scan.Double-click gmer.exe. The program will begin to run. **Caution**These types of scans can produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries unless advised by a trained Security AnalystIf possible rootkit activity is found, you will be asked if you would like to perform a full scan.Click Yes.Once the scan is complete, you may receive another notice about rootkit activity. Click OK.GMER will produce a log. Click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.If you do not receive notice about possible rootkit activity remain on the Rootkit/Malware tab & make sure the 'Show All' button is unticked.Click the Scan button and let the program do its work. GMER will produce a log. Click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.Pleae attach the gmer.txt to your reply:Click the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, browse to where you saved the file, and Click Upload.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497222/windows-task-bar-in-classic-look;-internet-sound-windows-security-disabled/
Relevancy 53.32%

ok i have avg and everything with my computer is up to date But just yesterday i tried getting on my laptop and it wouldn t connect to neither my local area connection through wire or my wireless connection We tried rebooting the modem and Router restarting my computer several display desktop. connection, Virus windows disabled and for also windows sound internet classic XP Help!!! times and changing the wire my mother s connection is perfectly fine so i know it has to be my computer Also my sound device got disabled around the same time the very first time i started my laptop up around the time all this started happening it wouldn t bring up any of my icons it just showed my wallpaper and task manager wouldn t do anything I had to hold down the power button and restart When the computer came back up all my icons were there however the desktop display was in windows classic mode and there is no way to Virus disabled sound and internet connection, also windows classic display for windows XP desktop. Help!!! change it through properties I tried scanning for the virus through avg and it didn t detect a single harmful virus I don t know what to do I can t get on the internet to download Virus disabled sound and internet connection, also windows classic display for windows XP desktop. Help!!! anything through my computer and i need the virus destroyed Virus disabled sound and internet connection, also windows classic display for windows XP desktop. Help!!! before it messes more things up on my computer I can t afford another laptop and i have approximately years of videos picture and music on there that i may not be able to get back

A:Virus disabled sound and internet connection, also windows classic display for windows XP desktop. Help!!!

How do you know, your issue is infection related?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320889/virus-disabled-sound-and-internet-connection-also-windows-classic-display-for-windows-xp-desktop-help/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello My system was attacked and i cannot figure out what hit it Lost MS Office installatin also Unsure what else is hit All of my Trend Micro products are prevented form reinstalling and or running Reinstalled Spybot to try and fight it that was Below is my Hyjack This log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT - disabled Titainium from TrendMicro prevented reinstalling MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS mHotkey exe C WINDOWS CNYHKey exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files TrendMicro Titainium disabled - prevented from reinstalling Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exe C Program Files Seagate BlackArmorBackup BlackArmorBackupMonitor exe C Program Files Seagate BlackArmorBackup TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Seagate Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Trend Micro RUBotted RUBottedGUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office MSOSYNC EXE C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Macrovision FLEXnet Connect ISUSPM TrendMicro Titainium disabled - prevented from reinstalling exe C Program Files CMS Products BounceBack Professional BBLauncher exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition apcsystray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files MyConnection PC msclientae exe C WINDOWS system java exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Trend Micro NSC BHO - CA B-DC D- A - - E FAC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmIEPlg dll file missing O - BHO Trend Micro Toolbar BHO - C D -A C - c - F -FD E E - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO CmjBrowserHelperObject Object - FE A - D - - AD- B CFFB B - C Program Files Mindjet MindManager Mm InternetExplorer dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO URLR... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403699/trendmicro-titainium-disabled-prevented-from-reinstalling/
Relevancy 52.89%

Can I install Windows from a download (DigitalRiver) and use the product key that's on the bottom of the laptop so I don't have all the HP bloatware? I'm trying to do a restore using HP's tools but it isn't looking good (doing a startup repair now). I went to HP's site and found the drivers I need, just have to save them to a thumb drive.

A:reinstalling Windows on a HP laptop using the laptops product key?

Can I use Windows 7 OEM Key with a non-OEM disc? - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/362867-reinstalling-windows-hp-laptop-using-laptops-product-key.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all my friend has Reinstalling windows configuration EISA Laptop a laptop an ACER travelmate which got Reinstalling windows Laptop EISA configuration a virus which requires a reformat i have reforatted his system but am having trouble instaling Corporate windows xp the disc shouldnt require a serial but it is asking for one and wont let me proceed with the install i was wondering since this is a different copy of windows to the original that it is lookin for the old one there is another partition on the sytem called EISA which it mb if this contains a copy of windows i dont know how to get to it Reinstalling windows Laptop EISA configuration i havent deleted it as i thought it may be of importance and could leave me unable to install windows i dont know wheteer to delete the EISA and hope it will allow me to install the xp corporate or if there is some kind of disk i coudl get to use the EISA if it does contain windows the laptop didnt come with any rescue discs Thanks Olly nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I'm trying to reinstall the OS on my laptop, a Compaq Presario 2200 laptop. I inserted the Disk and I get the following questions:

Welcome to Setup
This portion of the setup programs prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer.

To Setup WIndows XP now, Press Enter

To repai a windows XP installation using Recovery COnsole, press R

To quit, Press F3.

Whatever I chose I get this:

Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.

Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that any disk relatied hardware configurations is correct.

Setup cannot continue. To quit setup, press F3.
HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relevancy 52.89%

hi i bought dell inspiron 3 mnths back for 500$.
i dont know why they had not sent windows 7 os cd for me which is free of cost.
suddenly my os has been crashed i coudlnt recover my os as my system is not repsonding.
i want to reinstall my os windows 7 on to my laptop with cd which i doesnt have with me.
please provide me some answers so that i can install windows 7 on to my system with cd.

finally i need windows 7 cd to install os onto my laptop.
i am sick calling to customer care number which never connects.

A:Reinstalling Windows 7 on a Dell inspiron Laptop without the CD

Hi,
Thanks for contacting the community.
I regret the inconvenience that you are facing. Before I can assist you with the issue, would request you to send me some details like, Service tag or the Express Service code of the system, so that I can help you further. . Kindly let me know the above details through private messaging only, kindly do not share the information on open forum, Also, I would request you to elaborate the issue and please let me know the problems which you are facing on the system.
I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.
I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.
Please reply if you have any further questions.
Thanks & Regards Prateek K #iworkfordell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19475883
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I have a dell latitude d which I got refurbished and it has a windows license with it According to the label it is a special license for refurbish computers so when I tried to enter it on microsoft website to download a windows ISO it didn't accepted it and prompted me to contact the manufacturer because this license is special OEM or something like that So what I Reinstalling on windows laptop version refurbish want to do is to format that laptop because I can't get in windows anymore and before I send it back for faulty HDD I need to make sure that it is not in fact just a windows problem I don't have a disc with windows only the license below the laptop and as I said MS site doesn't let me download Reinstalling refurbish version windows on laptop an ISO to use Also it doesn't seem like there is any partition to boot from and reinstall What can I do Is there a place where I can download a legit version and burn it on a disc

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/390299-reinstalling-refurbish-version-windows-laptop.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Now the laptop wont boot into Windows. How do I fix this? I went to "repair my computer" then went to "reinstall windows while keeping my old files". Little did I know that this laptop had a broken power jack and was running off of battery. The computer shut down on stage 4/5. I have no CDs and used the option within the partition to reinstall. How do I reinstall windows now and keep my files after this... ? Did I lose all my files?

When I press f8 now to go to "Repair my Computer" it goes to Windows Boot Manager and says that windows has failed to start... Insert windows installation disk... Boot failed - required disk is inaccessible.

Relevancy 52.89%

I am trying all the steps in order to solve this problem but nothing works.
I just tryied to reinstall windows xp SP2 in a laptop HP Pavilion.
In the middle of the process after copying all files and reboot the hole system the screen just keep black with the mouse arrow cursor in low resolution in the middle of the screen.
I can move it, but nothing else.
I tryied to restore de previous system but nothing happens.
I created a cd booteable, and I can boot my system using it, nbut I can not do anything else, please I really need help.

Thanks.

A:Black screen after reinstalling windows xp sp2 in my laptop, please I need help

Your best bet is to use the HP Recovery disks that came with your laptop and then install SP2 immediately after. Your display may require some video drivers that are more specific to your laptop than the general ones that will be on the XP disk.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-reinstalling-windows-xp-sp2-in-my-laptop-please-i-need-help.38112/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a number of problems with my laptop and so decided to reinstall windows XP. My laptop did not come with windows and so i found the file to reinstall it (winnt32) in the I386 file. Unfortunatly, half way through reinstalling windows, my laptop over heated and switched itself off (a problem i have now fixed by cleaning the fan). Although i can still use my laptop, every time i start my laptop it trys to reinstall windows but cant find any of the files to do it, and instead says press escape to skip that file, but does this with every file. I still need to reinstall windows but have no idea how to as when i try to use the winnt32 setup, it does nothing, please help

A:Reinstalling windows without a cd after laptop switched off half way through reinstal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalling-windows-without-a-cd-after-laptop-switched-off-half-way-through-reinstal.773347/
Relevancy 52.46%

Please tell me I didn't lose everything!

I thought I got a virus on my laptop so I reinstalled Windows 7. My 1TB iomega external harddrive was working fine before the reinstall and held approximately 4-500GB of family photos, documents, home videos and music. After the reinstall, I get a prompt stating I need to reformat the external drive before I use it. Please help! I am sick just thinking about loosing all that stuff.

Specs:
Windows 7 Home
iomega 1TB external HD Model LDHD-UP2 S/N: WJAL177817

A:Prompted to format external HD after reinstalling Windows 7 on laptop

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

I don't quite know what you've done, but you've deleted the partition that was on your external drive, hence the reason it's showing as a RAW drive.

Check this tutorial for a method of recovering your lost files.

Free data recovery software - recover files from RAW hard drive with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition.

If the files are successfully recovered you will need another drive to save them to. Do not try and save to the drive you are recovering from. You risk losing your data permanently that way.

Once you've recovered your data you can create a new partition on the drive, give it a quick format then move your data back onto it.

You may also want to check this link, which looks promising.

http://www.recovermyfiles.com/

It's just a great pity you didn't disconnect this drive before you reinstalled Windows. We always recommend that you do so for the very reason you are in trouble now.

If you don't feel confident enough to carry out this task you can get specialist data recovery experts to recover your data, but they are expensive to use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230507-prompted-format-external-hd-after-reinstalling-windows-7-laptop.html
Relevancy 52.46%

So I downloaded the image from Dells site and put it on a USB and booted from it. My SSD does show up, but it gives me an error when I try to install it on a partition. I forgot the exact error, but it says something about checking the log which I also can't find. I even tried deleting the partition and installing it on the volume it shows and even tried creating a new one. None of it worked.

Basically I took out the old SSD (I think its an M2 SSD) and put in a larger one and just want to put Windows on it again. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19990031
Relevancy 52.03%

HP Pavilion dv laptop reinstalling backup recover 7 on files HP windows Unable to after laptop Came installed with Windows Home Edition bit but upgraded to Windows Professional using Microsoft installation disks Laptop crashed saved a backup using HP recovery utility then forced to reinstall window to factory settings then installed Windows Professional using Microsoft disks This time had trouble upgrading Windows Professional so forced to perform a clean installation of Windows Professional from the Microsoft disks Now unable to restore backup files which are stored on external usb drive nbsp Unable to recover backup files after reinstalling windows 7 on HP laptop I have tried - restoring backup files by running restore exe stored on usb drive with backup of the files are restored then it crashes with error - restoring backup using my wife's HP laptop which came installed with Windows and is upgraded to Windows - same result - restoring backup on a colleague's HP laptop which is still installed with Windows but this is the Unable to recover backup files after reinstalling windows 7 on HP laptop business edition and doesn't have the HP Restoration utility - same result - downloading the HP Restoration Manager from the HP web site but this won't install error message about the softpaq software now on laptop - using -zip to extract the SWM backup files Unable to recover backup files after reinstalling windows 7 on HP laptop - of the files are restored successfully to files recovered with restore exe first but the rest contain data that look encrypted - using ImageX that is part of the Windows WAIK kit to merge the SWM files into a single WIM windows image file and then mounting the image to the laptop's drive - same result as extracting with -zip - using programs called HP Backup Fixer and Softhinks ER tools which have been recommended for this problem on Windows Vista laptops but don't recognize the file type of my backup files nbsp Thoughts - I am guessing the backup files are encrypted somehow - from some of the threads I am guessing that the HP Restoration utility is rd party software provided by SoftThinks and that the softpaq software or environment is part of that - unfortunately there does not appear to be any kind of support provided on the SoftThinks web site - does something like HP Backup Fixer exist that works on Windows - is there any way of obtaining the HP Restoration Manager software which normally comes pre-installed nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5dfd6202-aeba-4e73-a098-87a61d30c73d/unable-to-recover-backup-files-after-reinstalling-windows-7-on-hp-laptop?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 52.03%

The problem I m facing on my old laptop years old Targa is that I m getting a blue screen which lasts for lt s then quickly disappears after the windows xp load screen and then I m presented with options of safe mode start with last known good Laptop files and to problems Reinstalling Windows backup accessing HDD config and start normally Whatever I choose it would do the same thing and the cycle repeats from the quick blue screen to the choices I had this in the past and before Reinstalling Windows and problems accessing Laptop HDD to backup files I just popped in my Windows XP CD into my DVD-ROM and volia - reformat But now it s not as simple since my laptop seems to like killing DVD drives this is its rd one and so I think it s not worth investing in another drive I have searched online already and found a tutorial for doing it via booting Reinstalling Windows and problems accessing Laptop HDD to backup files from a USB drive using wintoflash and created a bootup USB device Kingston Data Traveller GB with Windows XP on it but the BIOS Phoenix v on the old laptop is not recognising the device I researched and if it s recognised it would be expandable under the boot then removable devices category with the name of the drive So at the moment I am unsure how to get my BIOS on the old laptop to recognise the USB device I also do have a USB enclosure thinking I could backup my old files from my HDD on the old laptop Samsung GB IDE PATA M but in turn I face another problem as for some reason the enclosure can t access the HDD I m pretty sure it s not the HDD since it s still spinning ok with no odd sounds and it s booting ok and also successfully boots on startup with my new Cyberpower laptop in the enclosure and yes it does the same thing with the repeating cycle I also just got another new HDD Samsung GB PATA IDE M and tested the enclosure so it s not the enclosure is it because of all the windows files and other related files on the GB HDD Any other ideas of how I will go about re-installing windows without a DVD drive and also get access to the files on my old HDD Thanks very much in advance for anyone that is able to help and sorry for the long post lol I am getting alot of headaches with this nbsp

A:Reinstalling Windows and problems accessing Laptop HDD to backup files

The USB drive or an external CD-ROM seem to be your only options for installing.

You can recover your files with this USB stick, provided it will boot. It has recently been modified to boot in almost any type of machine. But BIOS would have to recognize the drive as bootable.

You might try a smaller USB stick since 16's have not been around that long and 2's are more compatible. Hopefully you used a FAT file system.

Parted Magic disk partitoning tool (Bootable CD image)
If you prefer a bootable USB key, download and run Linux Live USB Creator. Choose the Parted Magic distro, and it will download it and automatically create a bootable USB key.
This CD (or key) contains many useful tools. You can partition, recover files, recover lost partitions, make disk images (by several different methods), transfer files between media, scan for viruses (It can serve as an Alternative Trusted Platform for search and elimination of rootkits and bootkits), examine and benchmark hardware, access the internet, and much more.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalling-windows-and-problems-accessing-laptop-hdd-to-backup-files.995350/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello The day before yesterday I ran into problem which is rather peculiar I was doing my own business on the laptop and decided to start watching TV Series quot The Sons of Anarchy quot Great show I think I had watched around minutes then suddenly the laptop made and Virus/Trojan service, more. sound, Windows my much has disabled WiFi Installer a strange noise and I could not hear any sound anymore I though that the laptop was just tired and needed some rest no biggies The next day when I powered the computer the problem remained Now I sawy that my WiFi icon next to the clock was disabled although I can still use the Internet the icon is just in disabled mode I cannot access program properties windows updates open pictures class not Virus/Trojan has disabled my Windows Installer service, sound, WiFi and much more. registered and probably there are other stuff too Virus/Trojan has disabled my Windows Installer service, sound, WiFi and much more. I ve tried installing and scanning with various AV programs but all of the have failed Maybe you guys can help me This is my HiJackThis log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer veohwebplayer exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Users John S Wallace Downloads HijackThis exe Virus/Trojan has disabled my Windows Installer service, sound, WiFi and much more. R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook uTorrentBar Toolbar - bf fa-e b - db -af e- d a bfc - C Program Files x uTorrentBar tbuTor dll R - URLSearchHook no name - d c - f - -aea - c f ff - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files x Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO uTorrentBar Toolbar - bf fa-e b - db -af e- d a bfc - C Program Files x uTorrentBar tbuTor dll O - Toolbar uTorrentBar Toolbar - bf fa-e b - db -af e- d a bfc - C Program Files x uTorrentBar tbuTor dll O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run SwitchBoard C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exe O - HKLM Ru... Read more

A:Virus/Trojan has disabled my Windows Installer service, sound, WiFi and much more.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388036/virustrojan-has-disabled-my-windows-installer-service-sound-wifi-and-much-more/
Relevancy 51.17%

Okay, I'll keep this short. I know how to disable the touchpad clicker thing, so that it's only being used to move around. What I don't know is why it continues every so often to re-enable itself so that I must go through the whole process all over again.
Is there a way to disable this function completely?!

The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite.

A:Windows 7 laptop touchpad needs to be disabled

You should be able to disable the touchpad in the bios but that will most likely disable the pad and the buttons but it should be permanent.

I looked at several threads for the same problem but there were no answers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-laptop-touchpad-needs-to-be-disabled.160557/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm giving a my old laptop to my friend but first I want to reinstall Windows XP so all my data will be wiped.

I bought the laptop used, so it didn't come with an OS DVD. I searched through my stuff and managed to find the Operating System DVD for my old computer which the disc to install Windows XP Media Center 2005.

So can I install this OS on the laptop? And if I do, does that mean all of my data will be gone (which is my goal)?

A:[SOLVED] Giving Dell Laptop to friend, question about reinstalling Windows XP Media C

Technically, if it's an OEM disk then, no, you can't install it. If it's a full (or upgrade) version then you should be fine providing it is not installed on any other machine. If you don't care whether it has an OS installed or not then boot from the CD (DVD?) that you have and allow the setup to proceed as far as the disk formatting section. Allow it to format and then cancel the install. Nice clean disk that only a forensic expert would be able to reconstruct any data that was there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-giving-dell-laptop-to-friend-question-about-reinstalling-windows-xp-media-c-478002.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,

I am running windows 7 pro 64-bit on a Lenovo W520. When I turned on my laptop today it was very slow after logging in, windows explorer crashed and froze the screen. 

After several restarts I experienced the same problem, I tried rebooting with last known good configuration, this didn't make any difference. I then selected repair windows option on start up to navigate to system restore however I found that there were no system restore points (even though I manually created a restore point approx. 2 weeks ago).

I booted into safe mode and found the computer worked fine, I've run many anti-malware programs all of which detected no problem.

I have no more ideas on what to do from here, can anyone help?

Thanks,

Danx2

A:Slow Laptop, Windows Explorer Crashing and System Restore has been Disabled

When you say that you have ran many antimalware programs, I am thinking we need to check what you have installed. Lets run a couple of basic programs to get an idea of the state of your machine.  Step 1: eScanAV. Disable your antivirus prior to this scan.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114351/how-to-temporarily-disable-your-anti-virus-firewall-and-anti-malware-programs/Download the eScanAV Anti-Virus Toolkit (MWAV)http://www.escanav.com/english/content/products/downloadlink/downloadcounter.asp?pcode=MWAV&src=english_dwn&type=alterSave the file to your desktop.Right click run as administrator.A new icon will appear on your desktop.Right click run as administrator on new icon.Click on the update tab.Once you have updated the program, make sure the settings are the same as the picture below.Once you have made sure the settings match the picture, hit the Scan & Clean button.Upon scan completion, click View Log.Copy and paste entire log into your next reply.Note: Reboot if needed to remove infections. Step 2: ZHP Cleaner. Download and save ZHP Cleaner to your desktop.http://www.nicolascoolman.fr/download/zhpcleaner-2/Right Click and run as administrator.Click on the Repair button.At the end of the process you will be asked to reboot your machine.After you reboot a report will open on your desktop.Copy and paste the report here in your next reply. Step 3: Security Check. Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop.Double-click SecurityCheck.exeFollow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document    Step 4: Minitoolbox. Please download [b]MINITOOLBOX and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Flush DNSReset FF proxy SettingsReset Ie Proxy SettingsReport IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Devices (problems only)Click Go and post the result.   Tell me how things are, if you have any issues let us know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572662/slow-laptop-windows-explorer-crashing-and-system-restore-has-been-disabled/
Relevancy 48.59%

My DELL 4100 PenIII 933/133 384mb 20 gb Win ME has no sound. I tried to uninstall the sound driver thru Devise Mang. That did not work. What should I do?? Can I remove the sound card & put it back. Would that work?? ODIE

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

In my headphones, I ear a constant scratching sound even if all sound devices are disabled (playback and recording).

Where can comes this sound ?
What can I try ?
Regards,

Patrick

A:scratching sound even if all sound devices disabled

its either faulty headphones or your sound card that is playing up.

the issue is usually caused by the grind not earthing out. hence the low scratching buzzing noise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/305844-scratching-sound-even-if-all-sound-devices-disabled.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Well I did at first, but after an attempt at updating all my drivers and what not, I can't hear anything anymore.

Going on youtube and watching a video made my computer crash, and when I was able to play videos, they would play in a fast forward mode.

My options for audio devices are.

Realtek HD Audio

and

ATI HD Audio rear output

then theres digital and audio inputs as well.

I'm pretty sure everything is up to date. But I don't know which device to use and I completely forgot how to fix this problem. I had this same problem when I first had my pc. I'm at a loss. Please help :(

Thanks in advance.

A:No sound after reinstalling XP

I had problems after flash updates, long story short,
go to the control panel/sounds/ and see if it's been set to mute. it may not show on the taskbar.

by now I would assum that they have a Sp3 compat driver for realtek. I spent many hours and emails with them when HD came out, end up with a audigy card. which the driver had to "with disc" installed. sp3 couldn't find it either on more then 1 system.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-after-reinstalling-xp-601358.html
Relevancy 47.73%

hi, new to this forum! Hope someone will help. Well the problem is that ive reinstalled XP yesterday and the computer i have doesnt have the cds to thew audio. Basically the audio is gone(both song playing and recording) I have installed Realtek AC97 drivers because Everest Home Edition tells me this:- Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller when I click audio. But with Realtek AC97 Driver it doesnt work. I have tried uninstalling the drivers but then when I restrart my PC it says AC97 found or something like that. Please help, I hope you do
Bye,
Ammar

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi-
I reinstalled XP 5.5 sp3 to my dell Inspiron 9400. After reinstalling all the drivers( from dell). I still have no sound.I've gone to system info. components, problem devices, error core this whats stated:

base system device pci/ ven_ 1180 & dev_0843 &subsy.... The drive for this device is not installed three times on the fourth line is

PCI device PCI/ven 8086& DEV_ 27D8Subsys error 39.I'm at a lost as to why, how this came about.I suspect its has to do with the Magic jack I have? Any help is appreciated.
lj Walsh

You need to download and install a driver for your sound card.

Go to control panel /classic view /system/ hit the hardware tab and go to device manager.

This will bring up a list of all hardware in your pc.

Go to "sound video and game controllers" and see if any of the things in the list has a yellow question mark next to it.......... Or sounds like a brand of soundcard. If it does (or you know which one it is ) you can right click on it.. select properties, Hit the driver tab and update driver.

If the auto update does not work, take a note of the name of your soundcard and google for drivers..

Eg: "soundmax intergrated audio drivers"

Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-after-reinstalling-xp.123321/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have what I believe is a common problem. I reinstalled xp on my daughter's pc and now there is no sound. I think it's to do with drivers but I can't work out what to do next.

I have used the cd that came with the pc and installed the original drivers. It still won't work. Everything appears to be working but no sound!

the sound card is an onboard C-Media Wave Device.

Any suggestions would be greatly appeciated as this is driving me mad. Thanks.

A:No sound after reinstalling xp

For a quick fix, jump onto Microsoft Windows Update - 99.9% sure that you'll find your drivers!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-after-reinstalling-xp-366605.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My PC in my shop went down. This is a very old PC with no internet available and I have transferred everything from home PC to shop PC. I reinstalled XP [service pack 2] but now I have no sound. My audio files show up in device manager but I still have NO sound. No system sounds, no music, etc.

What am I doing wrong?????

Try updating the audio drivers?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-xp/123557-no-sound-after-reinstalling-xp.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I had to erase my hard drive and reinstall windows(with the help of Gateway tech support), and now I have no sound. Tried the troubleshooter, to no avail. Says devices are working properly, but volume control is disabled because there is no audio device installed. Also have no screensaver; no 3d device either. Need these things for the classes I'm taking online. Any immediate help would be greatly appreciated.

Can't drop my GPA!

Relevancy 47.3%

My computer had some malware issues and some browser redirect issues probably from before the more recent malware I ran a full MBAM scan to get rid of Internet Security I also ensured the exe and dll files were no longer present I also ran a HijackThis scan and did manual removals + sound Defender working hosts not Windows working Access disabled file not to + So far it looks like Internet Security is gone but Access to hosts file disabled + Windows Defender not working + sound not working I'm still getting Access to hosts file disabled + Windows Defender not working + sound not working redirects youtube doesn't work not Access to hosts file disabled + Windows Defender not working + sound not working found -ngix and I can't access edit move do anything to my hosts file I tried safe boot as well and I still can't edit I attempted some command line stuff to try to give me access to the file but it doesn't work Also read-only and hidden are checked in the properties but it doesn't let me edit those either I get an access denied error My lone O line from the Hijack log is something with localhost nothing suspicious Any idea on how to fix this Windows Defender doesn't open It says something like quot failed to initialize handle is invalid quot It's listed in the Startup tab of msconfig and enabled Not sure if it's related but my sound has recently stopped working as well I know it's not the speakers built into monitors as I tried brand new ones and they didn't work either In the mixer I can see the audio levels fluctuating when watching a youtube video for example but I don't hear anything I've toyed around with settings and everything in my audio control panel but still nothing Thanks in advance

A:Access to hosts file disabled + Windows Defender not working + sound not working

If you use a browser other than Internet Explorer, you could try uninstalling it, deleting all files (so in your profile and program files), and then reinstall.

---

In regards to Windows Defender, it sounds as if your registry is damaged and/or core files for defender. That said, have a look at this: Error message when you try to start Windows Defender on a computer that you recently upgraded to Windows Vista: "Application failed to initialize"

---

Speakers....

A bit more information in regards to your system specs, setup, etc., would be helpful.

Do you have more than one output port on your computer? If so, try plugging your speakers into that and see if it works.

You might need to recheck your sound/audio settings in Windows, just to check it is outputting to the correct device.

If no success, try uninstalling/reinstalling (or just updating) your soundcard driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/access-to-hosts-file-disabled-windows-defender-not-working-sound-not-working-634063.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,

I recently had to reinstall XP Pro, and after the install I've lost sound. I currently have an AMD Athlon XP 2500+; Asus A7V8X-X ACPI Bios Revision 1011. Chipset is VIA 82C3189 rev 128. I am hoping that someone can advise me on which sound driver to install.

Thanks much.

A:Lost sound after reinstalling XP Pro

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go to the Asus website and download and install the drivers for your mobo model, including the chipset drivers.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-sound-after-reinstalling-xp-pro.68711/
Relevancy 47.3%

hi
i am really really stuck, i have just reinstalled XP to my PC and now i do not have any sound, even when i go into the sound settings they are greyed out and it states there are no sound drivers... i am really stuck and do not know what to do???

i also realised that it wasnt picking up my graphics card but i managed to find a driver for this and reinstall it..

i have looked through the system and it states that on my motherboard the audio is NVIDIA MCP51 - high def audio controller
video chipset Nvidia geforce 7300GS (G72)
motherboard chip set Nvidia geforce 6100 (C51)

dont know if that makes much difference in trying to solve this problem, but i know i have had enough and am close to putting a hammer through my computer

any help would be greatly appreicated

thanks
rick

A:No Sound Drivers after Reinstalling XP

Hello and welcome to the forum

We can get you going but need more information . . Is this a Branded pc or custom made?

If Custom, what brand and model is the motherboard?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-drivers-after-reinstalling-xp-233645.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently had a virus on my computer and the only way I could sort it out was to reinstall windows again. Now i dont have any sound and I've tried numerous solutions from other peoples advice but nothing seems to be working. My speakers are plugged in correctly and windows tells me to install reatek ac97 driver but windows warns me halfway during installation that this driver might cause problems. If I carry on with the installation my computer restarts itself and theres no change. I really need help urgently as I need sound as soon as possible for personal reasons! thanks

A:No sound after reinstalling XP really need help urgently!

Hi sanam2010

Welcome to TSF.

You'll need to reinstall all applicable drivers from the machine manufacturers website.

What make and model is the box?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-after-reinstalling-xp-really-need-help-urgently-578072.html
Relevancy 47.3%

First let me say "I'm a novice." After reinstalling Windows XP Home. My sound device was gone. Also, we now have to hit F1 to get to our user names. Actually, I don't recall how I installed the O/S. Prior to installing (after the system crashed) there was no problem sound normal boot etc..

I need help ......Please.

Thank you
--

A:No Sound Card after Reinstalling Win.XP

Start/ Control panel/ System/ Hardware/ Device Manager/ Double click Sounds, Video........

What pops up?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-card-after-reinstalling-win-xp-86245.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm using an old Dell Dimension 4600 Series desktop running XP with sp2 that I just reinstalled. I also just updated with Service Pack 3, etc. Now I notice I have no sound. The speakers are connected as before (color coded) and the sound card hasn't been touched. I'm aware I have very little memory (256M) but not ready to upgrade in that dept. yet. I'm not sure what else may be missing that I would need to make this machine acceptable for use. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a ecs K7S5A motherboard with onboard audio running on windows 2003 server. about a week ago the sound stopped working. I have tried unstalling and reinstalling the driver but it still won't come on. I got the software from http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/drivers_k7s.html. can anybody help me please?

A:Help me No sound! tried reinstalling driver

techwizard said:

I have a ecs K7S5A motherboard with onboard audio running on windows 2003 server. about a week ago the sound stopped working. I have tried unstalling and reinstalling the driver but it still won't come on. I got the software from http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/drivers_k7s.html. can anybody help me please?Click to expand...

First you have to isolate the problem--make sure the speakers are working. The easiest thing is try the speakers somehwere else. Also, make sure that the volume is not muted, that the sound is turned up, speaklers are plugged in and on, etc., etc. Do that first to rule out the obvious before driving yourself nuts thinking its a driver problem.

Oh--and check the Device Manage--are there any problems indicated with the sound devices?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-no-sound-tried-reinstalling-driver.551498/
Relevancy 47.3%

This has happened on two different computers in two different networks (one at home and one at the office) I formatted the hard drive and reinstalled with Windows XP Pro... both PCs also have the same VIA KM400 series motherboard with onboard sound. I have installed the drivers from VIA but its still not giving me sound even though it says its all installed and everything is hooked up.... if anyone has any insight, i would be very appreciative...

A:No sound at all after formatting and reinstalling WIN XP PRO

No problems in Device Manager? Do you have a volume control in the tray?

Look in the Sounds applet in Control Panel and be sure the device is set as the default.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-at-all-after-formatting-and-reinstalling-win-xp-pro.672874/
Relevancy 47.3%

Recently I reinstalled Windows Vista Home Premium and now I don't get any sound from my speakers. I double checked all of the plugs and their connections, and I checked to see if anything was muted or on a low volume level. I checked the Device Manager to see if there were any issues there and I didn't find anything. At the moment I'm stumped. If anyone has any suggestions or solutions, that would be greatly apreciated!

- I have Realtek AC '97 Audio and these are my speakers:

- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121120

I don't have any soundcard, just onboard.

A:No Sound after Reinstalling Vista

I got the sound to work by installing the latest Realtek codecs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-after-reinstalling-vista.97078/
Relevancy 46.87%

MalwareBytes real-time protection is off and cannot be turned on. The same goes for Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Update. This never happened before. Also, I want to clean my laptop for any other things that may or may not be related to this issue.

I would appreciate any help and a step-by-step process. Thank you.

A:Anti-Virus Real-Time Protection Disabled & Windows Update Disabled

Hello rogue_agentAre you able to Run RKill then these 2??Run RKill....Download and Run RKillPlease download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next replyDo not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.>>>>Please download TDSSKiller.zip and and extract it.Run TDSSKiller.exe. Click on Change Parameters Put a check in the box of Detect TDLFS file system Click Start scan.When it is finished the utility outputs a list of detected objects with description.
The utility automatically selects an action (Cure or Delete) for malicious objects.
The utility prompts the user to select an action to apply to suspicious objects (Skip, by default). Let the options as it is and click ContinueLet reboot if needed and tell me if the tool needed a reboot.Click on Report and post the contents of the text file that will open.

Note: By default, the utility outputs the log into system disk (it is usually the disk with installed operating system, C:\) root folder. The Log has a name like: TDSSKiller.Version_Date_Time_log.txt.Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465290/anti-virus-real-time-protection-disabled-windows-update-disabled/
Relevancy 46.87%

Operating system XP -bit Home edition Hi only recently have I been having these problems I've run all of the malware removal software you've suggested but with no results I've updated windows and tried conventional methods of re-enabling Windows firewall through control panel and or services Two of the error messages I get while trying to activate the firewall are as follows Double-clicking firewall under control panel yields - Windows firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running would you like to start the windows firewall ICS service gt gt Yes lt lt -Windows cannot Nvidia Windows disabled, disabled, open restore wont control panel System Firewall start the Windows Firewall ICS service Starting Windows Firewall from services - Could not start the windows firewall internet connection sharing ICS service on local computer Error The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion My second problem involves my nvidia control panel failing to open I'm not sure if this may be related I've removed all nvidia drivers and re-installed the most current chipset and GPU drivers Upon launch I receive an error message stating that nvidia control panel has encountered a problem and quot needs to close quot followed by the options to either send an error report or not you know the drill A third problem I'm having not stated in the Windows Firewall disabled, System restore disabled, Nvidia control panel wont open topic title but almost definitely Windows Firewall disabled, System restore disabled, Nvidia control panel wont open relevant is the inability to created system restore points To make matters worse there are no current restore points available for me to access - System restore is unable to Windows Firewall disabled, System restore disabled, Nvidia control panel wont open create a new restore point please restart the computer and run system restore again doesn't help With that said here's my HijackThis log and Panda Activescan log Hopefully someone could shed some insight on my problem s but if not I've learned a lot from your site anyhow and thank you for the useful information See attached --------------------------------------------------------------- Let me know if you require any other information and i'll pass it on Thanks again swiN

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-firewall-disabled-system-restore-disabled-nvidia-control-panel-wont-open-288677.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Operating system XP -bit Home edition Hi only recently have I been having these problems I've run all of the malware removal software Open, Control System Firewall Disabled, Fails To Panel Disabled Windows Restore Nvidia you've suggested but Nvidia Control Panel Fails To Open, Windows Firewall Disabled, System Restore Disabled with no results I've updated windows Nvidia Control Panel Fails To Open, Windows Firewall Disabled, System Restore Disabled and tried conventional methods of re-enabling Windows firewall through control panel and or services Two of the error messages I get while trying to activate the firewall are as follows Double-clicking firewall under control panel yields - Windows firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running would you like to start the windows firewall ICS service gt gt Yes lt lt -Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall ICS service Starting Windows Nvidia Control Panel Fails To Open, Windows Firewall Disabled, System Restore Disabled Firewall from services - Could not start the windows firewall internet connection sharing ICS service on local computer Error The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion My second problem involves my nvidia control panel failing to open I'm not sure if this may be related I've removed all nvidia drivers and re-installed the most current chipset and GPU drivers Upon launch I receive an error message stating that nvidia control panel has encountered a problem and quot needs to close quot followed by the options to either send an error report or not you know the drill A third problem I'm having not stated in the topic title but almost definitely relevant is the inability to created system restore points To make matters worse there are no current restore points available for me to access - System restore is unable to create a new restore point please restart the computer and run system restore again doesn't help With that said here's my HijackThis log Hopefully someone could shed some insight on my problem s but if not I've learned a lot from your site anyhow and thank you for the useful information --------------------------------------------------------------- Let me know if you require any other information and i'll pass it on Thanks again swiN

A:Nvidia Control Panel Fails To Open, Windows Firewall Disabled, System Restore Disabled

I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please reply to this topic stating that you still need help and I will work with you on resolving your computer problems. If your problem has been resolved, please post a reply letting us know so we can close your topic.

Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, feel free to create a new one.

Once again, I apologize for the delay in responding to this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/167607/nvidia-control-panel-fails-to-open-windows-firewall-disabled-system-restore-disabled/
Relevancy 46.87%

a toshiba laptop windows vista basic started -won't now-says account Vista the basic-disabled startup disabled-Please Windows UAC it and was going to take off norton and mcafee it came with and put a coujple of programs on so went to the accounts and click to disable the uac so it wouldn t ask about administrator all the time and went to restart the computer and now it won t bring windows up acts like it is trying but then just gives you a choice of F OR F I tried safe mode and when you try to get into the admin Windows Vista basic-disabled the UAC -won't startup now-says account disabled-Please account it says it has been disabled and if I try the account that had the name on it Windows Vista basic-disabled the UAC -won't startup now-says account disabled-Please it just acts like it is going to try to boot but just goes as far as Windows Vista basic-disabled the UAC -won't startup now-says account disabled-Please giving you a choice for the F OR F I tried the guest account same thing am I going to have to put the system back on again or is there a way to get bvack in I tried system restore it says there is no restore point tried the last know good configuration and it didn t work tried the fix startup problems and it went through a few things when I clicked finish it still didn t start Can someone help me with this If I have to do a clean install there is a recovery disk with it and a driver disk do you do it the same as you would windwos xp Please hellp When I first started it it started up fine I must have turned the account off not knowing it I went into the user account and disabled the UAC and clicked ok and it said it had to restart so I said ok and thats when all this happened nbsp

A:Windows Vista basic-disabled the UAC -won't startup now-says account disabled-Please

Yes, a restore disk with restore your PC back to its clean state as if you got it new. Not sure why its preventing you from logging in, some sort of configuration error. Pleasse note, if you use the restore disk, you lose any data on the HD.

If data is important, try using a Live Linux CD and boot from that, then you can access the HD and copy files of it before using the restore CD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-basic-disabled-the-uac-wont-startup-now-says-account-disabled-please.690285/
Relevancy 46.87%

after I reinstalled win2k. Its a maddog performer 2 and I've used the install disk, didn't work, tried uninstalling, reinstalling, the machine reboots after I try different drivers etc.. Shoud I delete all drivers for audio and game controllers in device manager or something else. I don't have a clue what to do next...

Also uninstalled all audio drivers in safe mode and the same thing...maybe the card went bad ?
Intel 875pbz board, no onboard sound
Thanks, Bruce

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-reinstalling-sound-card.287976/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have inadvertently uninstalled my sound device for my Windows Media Player. Here is the message that comes up:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly."

someone else had been using my computer, installed extra programs, and I was in the process of removing them and password protecting my computer when...uh oh.

Can you help me? Thanks

Relevancy 46.87%

I recently had a problem with my laptop where xp wouldnt boot, so i had to start afresh with an installation of xp from a boot disc. Now that i have the computer up and running again, XP does not seem to recognize that I have a preinstalled wireless adaptor )so i cant log onto my wireless network) and soundcard and speakers. what can i do about this? i would be very appreciative of your help.

A:Problem with WIFI and Sound after reinstalling XP...

Hi

You need to get the laptop drivers for LAN adapter first. They'll be downloadable from the net.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-wifi-and-sound-after-reinstalling-xp-131919.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I get no sound on my MacBook Pro 15 inch running XP.

I try the method of going to device manger and reinstalling the driver which is the PCI device in the Hardware wizard. The drivers CD is inserted.

I get : '' The wizard could not find the software on your computer for the PCI device.

And it wants to connect to the internet to find the appropriate drivers.

What do I do now ??

A:Get No sound. Tried reinstalling in device manager.

Why not let it connect to the internet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/get-no-sound-tried-reinstalling-in-device-manager.478429/
Relevancy 46.87%

I just did a clean install of Win XP Pro. Prior to this, the sound was working fine. After the reinstall, no sound. The computer has a Creative SB Live sound card, device manager tells me that it is working correctly, and the speakers (Boston Acoustics with subwoofer) are set up exactly as before. I worked through troubleshooting and it still didnt help. I would appreciate any help. Not only does the system sounds not work, but I can no longer hear audio cds (Media player 10, shows the disk is playing but no sound from speakers). Thanks.

Bob

Relevancy 46.87%

after I reinstalled win2k. Its a maddog performer 2 and I've used the install disk, didn't work, tried uninstalling, reinstalling, the machine reboots after I try different drivers etc.. Shoud I delete all drivers for audio and game controllers in device manager or something else. I don't have a clue what to do next...

Thanks, Bruce

Relevancy 46.01%

Good morning Events I just started having some problems on my PC I'm using Windows x Professional edition Non-secure boot I got a notification from Windows to the effect of Warning you are not running any security software I immediately tried to open Windows Defender but what I got instead was all sliders disabled On opening my Updates tab I saw the message Some settings are managed by your organization On trying to open Windows Security Center I didn't get anything Checking services showed me it had been set to disabled Steps taken so far I tried setting it back to Automatic delayed start and restarting the service but immediately it was disabled again At this point I was running a malwarebytes scan Malwarebytes found a Chromebrowser exe PUP which I removed On a rescan it has so far yet to detect anything Checking Group Policy shows all entries are set to default Not Security Windows Defender disabled. disabled. center Configured except one for automatic removal which I disabled myself when I first installed Windows Changing group policy settings for Allow Telemetry under Data collection and Telemetry under Computer Configuration Admin templates Windows components to full then disabling again resulted in the Some settings are Windows Defender disabled. Security center disabled. managed by organizatio notice going away the previously disabled Get Started button for Insider Program became enabled again Possible cause of infection The only thing I did download off the internet was a crack file for a game This is the VirusTotal analysis result https www virustotal com en file bdbe c e e ebcdbdb b db c d eb e analysis Precautions steps and security tools I use Windows Defender disabled. Security center disabled. I am also Windows Defender disabled. Security center disabled. using a custom host file with entries all ad servers and known malware content hosters I hope this will at least serve to slow down the infection if I do have one I am using Malwarebytes trial no real-time Windows Defender and NoScript in Firefox to disable all scripting on websites and domains I do not explicitly trust The rest are the same old common sense Don't open unknown attachements Don't click links Don't go to unknown domains Don't fall for obvious clickbait and spam etc This is the first time I'm facing a problem in a long while I normally take strict measures and precautions haven't been infected in over years Thank you

A:Windows Defender disabled. Security center disabled.

Welcome blackroseblade, let's also do these now.MiniToolBoxPlease download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.TDSSKillerDownload TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.If no reboot is required, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.AdwCleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool. Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As AdministratorClick on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.Junkware Removal ToolPlease download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.ESET Online ScannerClick here to download the installer for ESET Online Scanner and save it to your Desktop.Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do that here.Right click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and select Run as Administrator.Place a checkmark in YES, I accept the Terms of Use, then click Start. Wait for ESET Online Scanner to load its components.Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:Remove found threatsScan archivesScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyClick Start to begin scanning.ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.When the scan is done, click List threats (only available if ESET Online Scanner found something).Click Export, then save the file to your desktop.Click Back, then Finish to exit ESET Online Scanner.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597252/windows-defender-disabled-security-center-disabled/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey everyone Here is sound other and reinstalling cuseing card issues the problem I am having Lets start with specs this is my friends machine Home bulit Asus p t GeForce Pentium GB Ram Okay so I upgraded To Windows home no issues Network card working eberything was fine Shut down installed Soundblaster xfi extreme sound card reinstalling and cuseing other issues gamer loaded the drivers from creative It found and installed just fine network card still working Needed a reboot to finish install of sound card Rebooted said it finished install but install shield hung for awhile then a message to reboot came up Rebooted again windows started and then found new hardware and installed the drivers again for the sound card and said I needed to reboot This time I noticed it won't connect to the net It says no device detected Went into device manager and there was my network card installed and quot ready quot to use Now I am stuck with no internet and at every boot the sound card reinstalls If I let finish the install for the soundcard and it works but my network card still won't Then reboot and the same thing Really mad right now Thanks all

A:sound card reinstalling and cuseing other issues

I am having some issues with Creative Labs as well. They are well-known for having poor driver support, so maybe it is time for both of us to look elsewhere. How much aggravation do you need?

I don't have a specific answer for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/37990-sound-card-reinstalling-cuseing-other-issues.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I recently had to reformat and reinstall windows xp pro after a virus went in and destroyed the system files I might just add that it also stopped the internet from working adapter appeared unitalled even though it was I have reinstalled xp but it is missing many of its important drivers such as the etherent sound and display drivers Firstly I tried just downloading the internet driver other after & OS. sound Missing drivers ethernet, reinstalling for my Dell optiplex GX and then installing them but that still doesn't make a difference as the computer does not identify them Everything was working fine before all of this so i though that Missing ethernet, sound & other drivers after reinstalling OS. the windows cd would replace some of these drivers but it appears Missing ethernet, sound & other drivers after reinstalling OS. not The network drivers are the most important so i can download the rest and get xp updated I do not have the driver disks for this computer as they were not provided by the seller Ebay but it is an authetic Dell computer I am using an agp graphics card and ethernet is built into the motherboard I used Belarc Advisor to scan the computer and here are the results Hope you can help Computer Profile Summary Computer Name Home-desktop in WORKGROUP Home Desktop Profile Date Thursday July PM Advisor Version b Windows Logon Justin Operating System Windows XP Professional build Install Language English United States System Locale English Australia System Model Dell Computer Corporation OptiPlex GX System Service Tag ZS S support for this PC Asset Tag Chassis Serial Number ZS S Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a gigahertz Intel Pentium kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Not hyper-threaded Main Circuit Board b Board Dell Computer Corp U Serial Number CN L R Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Dell Computer Corporation A Drives Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space LITE-ON DVDRW LDW- S CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive Imation Flash Drive USB Device Hard drive MB -- drive ST A Hard drive GB -- drive s n JS DHJ rev SMART Status Healthy Memory Modules c d Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot 'DIMM ' has MB Slot 'DIMM ' has MB Slot 'DIMM ' has MB Slot 'DIMM ' has MB Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details local user accounts last logon Justin PM admin local system accounts Administrator never admin Guest never HelpAssistant never SUPPORT a never Printers None detected Controllers Standard floppy disk controller Primary IDE Channel Controller x Secondary IDE Channel Controller x Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller x Display None detected Bus Adapters Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller x Multimedia None detected Virus Protection No details available new Group Policies None discovered Communications None detected Network Card MAC Address Other Devices HID-compliant consumer control device HID-compliant device USB Human Interface Device x HID Keyboard Device Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard HID-compliant mouse USB Composite Device USB Mass Storage Device USB Root Hub x new Network Map mouse over IP address for physical address No details available Missing Microsoft Security Hotfixes Back to Top These required security hotfixes using the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary were not found installed Note CIS benchmarks require that Critical and Important severity security hotfixes must be installed Q - Unrated details Q - Unrated details Q - Unrated details Q - Unrated details Q - Unrated details Q - Unrated details Q - Unrated details Q - Moderate details Q - Unrated details Q - Unrated details Q - Unrated details Q - Unrated details Q - Unrated details Q - Critical details Q - Unrated details Q - Low details Q - Unrated details Q - Unrated details Q - Unrated details Q - Unrated details Q - Moderate details Q - Unrated details Q - Unrate... Read more

A:Missing ethernet, sound & other drivers after reinstalling OS.

Go to the Dell website and download the chipset drivers here. Install those and see if that brings up the network card (should do). The other drivers (audio etc) are also at the link I gave you above.

Let us know......

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-ethernet-sound-and-other-drivers-after-reinstalling-os-399959.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey well my audio suddenly started crackling a few days ago I reformatted around the same day it started crackling so it SEEMS that's what caused it This has drivers.. reinstalling after Crackling even Sound audio happened to me before and I remember fixing it but I don't remember what I did I have reinstalled the Realtek audio drivers to the latest Crackling Sound even after reinstalling audio drivers.. from my computer manufacturers website Acer and Realtek's website too Both without success Though after reinstalling from the Realtek's site it worked for the whole uptime of that session Then this morning it started crackling again It's very ironic that as I'm writing this the sound has miraculously improved i'm sure my computer likes making me think i'm crazy XD but it's still crackling I'm just stumped with what to do next I've disabled all enhancements via the quot Sound quot place on Windows and adjusted settings in Quicktime Though I don't know if their correct now any way of knowing what Hz my speakers best support and what Bit Thanks alot So any solutions would be very very helpful My system is also up to date with all updates from Microsoft Service Pack as well That took a few days alone to download them all P Here are my specs if needed OS Microsoft Windows Vista SP Bit Processor Intel Core Duo T GHz C Yonah nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz Motherboard Acer Grapevine U Graphics Generic PnP Monitor x MB GeForce Go Acer Incorporated ALI C Audio Realtek Digital Output Realtek High Definition Audio Thanks alot Also what temperature are these supposed to be running at Thanks

A:Crackling Sound even after reinstalling audio drivers..

First - that temperature looks fine to me - slightly high but still fine.

Second - that crackling you hear is probably hardware related.

Have you tried listening via headphones? Do you get the same noise?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/crackling-sound-even-after-reinstalling-audio-drivers-510019.html
Relevancy 46.01%

What do I need to do to get my sound card working for the mother board 946GZIS.

A:Sound card not working after reinstalling drives

Try the realtek one
ftp://202.65.194.211/pc/audio/WDM_R173.exe

More info here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/fil...+Center+Edition&lang=eng&strOSs=88&submit=Go!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-not-working-after-reinstalling-drives.102198/
Relevancy 46.01%

Machine: HP Pavilion dm-4 1173cl Problem: "SYSTEM DISABLED 69112228"1.) Had boot password enabled. 2.) Upon bootup, got message to enter bootup password ("Enter Administrator Password or Power On Password")3.) Took 3 tries (keyboard not responding correctly) to type 8 digit bootup password4.) When I typed in bootup password, I got the message "SYSTEM DISABLED 69112228" Now . . (several days later) when I boot the laptop, I get a blue message screen saying:"Enter Administrator Password or Power On Password" - but now the keyboard will not allow me to enter the bootup password. Can ANYONE help please?!?SOS!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:system disabled: Pavilion dm4 1173cl laptop "System Disabled...

Hi The only option is to disconnect the CMOS/RTC battery from the unit and wait for 15mintues then insert it back on again and check. Link given below for reference check 46 Chapter 4 Removal and replacement procedures  Manual Link

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/system-disabled-Pavilion-dm4-1173cl-laptop-quot-System/td-p/2618063
Relevancy 45.58%

Sysinfo Sound work. NOT - drivers/dxdiag problems Reinstalling do Computer Dell Dimension OS Windows XP SP Sound card SoundBlaster PCI So essentially I m having the same problem as this guy My computer s waveIn and waveOut both do not work DirectSound is the only method of output that works Movies and system sounds all work but certain files and programs do not for example swf files and certain games including the Darwinia Demo and Civilization IV do not work because of this problem I Sound problems - Reinstalling drivers/dxdiag do NOT work. looked up the drivers for my sound card on Soundblaster s site uninstalled my current drivers and reinstalled the ones I downloaded Still nothing All of these errors happen even after I reinstalled my drivers -Civilization IV still exits at quot Checking XML quot it has nothing to do with XML trust me I looked it up -The Darwinia Demo still says quot Could not open audio device Specified device is already allocated quot -Winamp also says that the device is in use when I switch to WaveOut and I am advised to change output to DirectSound -KbMedia Player still says that there are no active mixer devices available -Sound and Audio Devices in the Control Panel does not recognize my sound card Sound playback sound recording voice playback and voice recording are all set to Modem Line Playback Record with no other options available This is no longer the case as I ve uninstalled my Unimodem codecs No options appear under these now The following are all of my audio drivers codecs Audio Codecs Legacy Audio Drivers Media Control Devices Microsoft Kernel System Audio Device Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver SB PCI WDM the one I just installed Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device uninstalled It s been suggested that quot Windows is having a difficult time with your soundcard which is most likely due to bad improperly installed conflict with drivers but could also be related to your registry other hardware or just the whole damn OS quot Anyone know how to fix this Anyone at all And don t tell me to run dxdiag it detects no errors and is not the source of my problems as DirectSound works For background of how I got to this ugly situation read this thread The first problem with the ghost drive is now fixed for the most part and my waveIn Out it no longer screwed quot sometimes when I log in quot but rather ALL the time I also get the error with the generic host services still nbsp

A:Sound problems - Reinstalling drivers/dxdiag do NOT work.

Okay, so if nobody knows how to fix it, then will getting a new sound card help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-problems-reinstalling-drivers-dxdiag-do-not-work.428202/
Relevancy 45.58%

I uninstalled my Realtek High Definition Audio through Device Manager thinking that it would solve the "Thread Exception Not Handled" problem.

Now I can't hear any sound from my speaker or laptop except when I'm using a headphone. I tried installing the Realtek HD audio codec but it doesn't work. everytime I do, i see blue screen and that thread exception error. i've tried 32bits and 64bits. neither of them works.

I even tried System Restore but there is point to return to although I'm pretty sure I've created a few in the past. Pretty help please? Appreciate it.

A:Realtek HD Audio Not Working. Tried Reinstalling but Failed. No Sound Now.

when i tried installing the realtek driver, it says "no driver was supported in this driver package"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/realtek-hd-audio-not-working-tried-reinstalling-but-failed-no-sound-now-878593.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello there Please help me with may problem I've been suffring from an quot attack quot I don't know what it caused I've some behavioral changes in may computer My IE homepage is set to http rnd googlepages com google html My TASK MANAGER REGISTRY EDITOR and Folder Disabled http://rnd009.googlepages.com/google.html, TaskManager, gphone.ex... Option, IE: RegistryEditor, Disabled Disabled FOLDER OPTION IS DISABLED I've found out when I transfer a file into a CLEAN NEWLY FORMATTED Flash Drive it also send gphone exe as I look it into the attributes of my Flash Drive It also create a New Folder exe as I transfer files I've also notice that inside a specific folder it also created same folder Example I have Folder A when I transfer this Folder into my Flash Drive it will create a folder inside my Folder A named after it Thanks in IE: http://rnd009.googlepages.com/google.html, Disabled TaskManager, Disabled RegistryEditor, Disabled Folder Option, gphone.ex... advance guys I also run dds for this and here is the result DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by cssioson at on - - Internet IE: http://rnd009.googlepages.com/google.html, Disabled TaskManager, Disabled RegistryEditor, Disabled Folder Option, gphone.ex... Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV avast antivirus IE: http://rnd009.googlepages.com/google.html, Disabled TaskManager, Disabled RegistryEditor, Disabled Folder Option, gphone.ex... VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings cssioson Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page https home cocoplans com ITD default aspxuInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uInternet Settings ProxyServer mail cocoplans com TB DAEMON Tools Toolbar aac-c - - e a- e a e - TB FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - No FileuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundmRun avast c progra alwils avast ashDisp exeuPolicies-system Wallpaper coconet corporate wallpaper Wallpaper December jpguPolicies-system WallpaperStyle DPF D - - - - AA B - hxxp download microsoft com download A A F B - F C- D -A -E CAB EB F wmvadvd cabDPF FFBE D- C C- - BD- DC B C - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get flashplayer current polarbear ultrashim cabHandler cdo - CD A- B - D - DB- C FB D - c program files common files microsoft shared web folders PKMCDO DLL SERVICES DRIVERS R xfilt VIA SATA IDE Hot-plug Driver c windows system drivers xfilt sys - - R aswSP avast Self Protection c windows system drivers aswSP sys - - R aswFsBlk aswFsBlk c windows system drivers aswFsBlk sys - - R avast Antivirus avast Antivirus c program files alwil software avast ashServ exe - - R NBXPacket NBX Packet Driver c windows system drivers NBXPkt k sys - - R avast Mail Scanner avast Mail Scanner c program files alwil software avast ashMaiSv exe - - R avast Web Scanner avast Web Scanner c program files alwil software avast ashWebSv exe - - S getPlus reg Helper getPlus reg Helper c program files nos bin getPlus HelperSvc exe - - Created Last - - lt DIR gt --d----- c windows ERUNT - - lt DIR gt --d----- C backups - - lt DIR gt --d----- C backupreg - - a------- C editreg exe - - a------- C rtsdnif exe - - a------- C attrib exe - - a------- C dnif exe - - lt DIR gt --d----- C SDFix - - lt DIR gt --d----- c windows system XPSViewer - - -c------ c windows system dllcache xp... Read more

A:IE: http://rnd009.googlepages.com/google.html, Disabled TaskManager, Disabled RegistryEditor, Disabled Folder Option, gphone.ex...

Hi,

Sorry for delayed response. Forums have been really busy. If you still need help with this post a fresh dds log, please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/206862/ie-httprnd009googlepagescomgooglehtml-disabled-taskmanager-disabled-registryeditor-disabled-folder-option-gphoneexe-new-folderexe/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello guys this is virus and Manager Task :s disabled, regedit disabled, disabled... safe mode scan my first post here I have problem last few days It could be some sort of malware or virus which cant be detected with AVG antivirus or Ad aware This lap top hasnt been connected online for quite a while and problems started after used my USB flash disk After that i couldnt open Task Manager neighter with right click on task bar - text faded nor with ctrl-alt-delete or regedit Also i cant boot into safe mode when it starts suddenly blue screen appears for a milisecond and computer restarts I cant start Task Manager and regedit disabled, safe mode disabled, virus scan disabled... :s AVG system scan it reports that quot application cannot run due to an error while verifying its electronic certificate quot I can run AVG guard though There was problem with C disk i couldnt open it with Task Manager and regedit disabled, safe mode disabled, virus scan disabled... :s double click and i had to use quot explore quot I resolved it by deleting quot autorun ini quot file thru command prompt it was hidden file and another problem that occured i cant edit folder options to make hidden files visible There is also problem with language bar which is disabled and cannot be re-enabled cause its button is faded though i dont care much about it I manage to enter to Task manager and regedit using trick with gpedit msc In quot User configuration Administrative templates System Ctrl Alt Del options Remove task manager quot default value is quot not configured quot I put disabled and i can use Task manager OR regedit again but ONLY once After i open and close ONE of those i cant re-open it without editing gpedit msc Those are problems i encounted so far This is contense of DDS txt and i puted Attach txt and ark txt ziped in attach Code DDS Version - NTFSx Run by Computer at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV AVG On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files YourWare Solutions FreeRAM XP Pro FreeRAM XP Pro exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system mmc exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite Services ServiceLayer exe C PROGRA COMMON PCSuite DATALA DATALA EXE C DOCUME Computer LOCALS Temp dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www cg yu uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore BHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dll BHO HP Print Clips f -dc - -a c- f d c - c program files hp smart web printing hpswp framework dll BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No File uRun FreeRAM XP quot c program files yourware solutions freeram xp pro FreeRAM XP Pro exe quot -win uRun AVG c program files grisoft avg avgcc exe dRun AVG Run c progra grisoft avg avgw exe RUNONCE mPolicies-system EnableLUA x IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin ssv dll IE ECB - F - cb-A - ABF E - E E-A - CD - BD-DBDA F - c program files hp smart web printing hpswp extensions dll IE D - - a- B - E - A C D - F - F B-B C-DE B E - c program files hp smart web printing hpswp extensions dll I... Read more

A:Task Manager and regedit disabled, safe mode disabled, virus scan disabled... :s

It sounds very much like a virus. If you can get on the internet google regtools.vbs that script file should get your regedit working again but don't know for how long if it is a virus.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/task-manager-and-regedit-disabled-safe-mode-disabled-virus-scan-disabled-s-331553.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Acer travelmate Model BY Operating system Windows XP wth servicepack Hi After being reinstalled windows xp the sound of my laptop has been disabled The icon of sound in the right bottom of the screen has been gone And now I got different sound errors sometimes when I go to - start all programs accessries entertainment volume control and then disabled is Sound click I got the error that quot there is no active mixer device avaiable On control panel when I click on sound and audio devices I found all the options related to Sound is disabled sound are being disabled I also checked out the harware section on MY Comuter the sounds drivers are there but something goes wrong Sound is disabled with respect to that I have already downloaded audio vga and someother drivers from us acer com ac en us content drivers and installed them but the problem is still there that is the sound is disabled I would really appreciate on this forum if I can get the solution from someone with respect to that sound problem I am facing I can t want to open my laptop s harware because I cant do that BinNyen nbsp

A:Sound is disabled

Well, considering the fact that XP expires http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enterprise/endofsupport.aspx
You're probably better off going to W7 or W8.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-is-disabled.198336/
Relevancy 44.72%

someone give me there old xp laptop when they got a new one.It was'nt working so i decided to reinstall xp.(my first time!!!) It all went well but now i'm having problems getting on the net to install the drivers.I using a lead from my moden into the back of the laptop but still cant connect.Any ideas what i'm doing wrong??Also I was wondering if I cant connect to the net can I download the drivers onto a usb stick from the dell website using another computer?? its a bell inspirion 5160 . any help would be great thanks

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Gateway portable with Windows 7 pre-installed. It is licensed and registered. I did not get an Windows 7 disk with the machine but can reload Win 7 from a hidden partition (This seems the standard way for laptops and netbooks). I will be buying a new desktop system as well as a Windows 7 (OEM) disk. Is it possible to install the new OEM version on my desktop using the license key that came with it and them re-install Windows 7 on my laptop using the same disk but applying the license key that came with the Gateway laptop?

A:Reinstalling Win 7 on laptop from OEM DVD

Hello Bennett, Welcome!

The answer is yes, it is possible. I am not sure about the legality, but I would not worry about it if I were you. As long as you are not stealing any keys...

Hope this helps,
~Jonathan

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/50742-reinstalling-win-7-laptop-oem-dvd.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Guys I hope you can help laptop xp my new reinstalling on me I just purchased an acer aod laptop with win xp sp I want to reinstalling xp on my new laptop reformat reinstalling xp on my new laptop the drive and put a fresh coat of windows on it to get rid of all the junk that came preloaded on the system Since the netbook does not come with a cd drive i purchased an external cd dvd drive and have it plugged in via usb The WinXP cd is in the external drive needless to say The bios boot order reads like this USB HDD USB FDD IDE Network Boot Atheros Boot Agent USB CDROM HL-DT-STDVDRAM GSA-T N IDE Hitachi HTs L SA Bootup includes the following quot check cable connection quot quot press any key to boot from cd quot Anywhich way i organize the boot order as long as the usb cdrom is higher on the list than the ide hard drive i get the BLUE SCREEN of death after windows setup loads everything then reads STARTING WINDOWS on the bottom grey bar quot A Problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer STOP x B quot I Included a jpg attachment of the exact error message I thought maybe the actual cd was damaged but i have other copies and they both net me the same results Any advise on how to work past this and successfully be able to continue with the installation Much thanks nbsp

A:reinstalling xp on my new laptop

Here is a Microsoft KB about the issue could be a good place to start.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalling-xp-on-my-new-laptop.843811/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi folks I'm trying to reinstall Xp Pro on my Laptop and I'm trying to boot from the CD but when I reboot the computer it boots from the hard drive instead. I've already changed the boot sequence in the Bios and when I restart the Laptop the DVD/CD drive starts to spin but then just boots normally. Any thing I might be doing wrong? any suggestions?

A:Reinstalling XP on Laptop

When you turn it on, you will see a prompt "Press any key to boot from CD" . . it will not show for long so have a finger on the keyboard when you boot.

If you do not see that prompt, iether the cd is not set to first boot in BIOS or the disc is dirty/bad

wrs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalling-xp-on-laptop.327904/
Relevancy 44.72%

when i start my laptop it is working properly for some time but after that my sound is disabled automatically .when i go to control panel-->sound and video devices-->i cant increase the volume
plz helpppp.....

A:sound automatic disabled

Click on Start, Run and type services.msc.

Locate the Windows Audio Service and make sure it's on Automatic.

If no luck, try uninstalling and reinstalling your sound card driver or get the latest update.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-automatic-disabled.843196/
Relevancy 44.72%

So I picked up a few viruses somewhere, my antivirus' (Threatfire and Avira) picked them up quickly, I deleted them when prompted from Avira
Their names: W32/Virut.AT, TR/Spy.77312, TR/Drop.Agen.655824, TR/Crypt.TPM.Gen. Some attached to system 32, others to temp internet files. Now that they are deleted(supposedly) I have no sound. I uninstalled my driver, reinstalled it and still nothing. Did it twice, no-go.

I'm also puzzled at how I got them in the first place, haven't downloaded anything so I can only guess websites?

Any suggestions are as usual appreciated.

xp sp3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-disabled-from-virus.893915/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey can anyone tell me the specification of HP PAVILION 15 AU007TX.

A:Re: sound gets automatically disabled

Hi @prashantkumarmi, Welcome to the HP Forum!  It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. When I checked for the specific model with the information provided, I was unable to locate your model. Would you verify that information for me? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? When I did search for the specifications I located two models but the two letters are different than what you posted.HP Pavilion 15-au007nx SpecificationsHP Pavilion 15-au007ns (ENERGY STAR) Product SpecificationsIf neither of the above links is for your precise model, please reply back with the exact model and I will gladly try again.  Thank you for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution? to help other community members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click the ?Thumbs Up Icon? below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Re-sound-gets-automatically-disabled/td-p/5692788
Relevancy 44.72%

For example, I am listening music with iTunes, then when I want to watch a youtube video the sound of the video doesn't work(ofc paused my [email protected])

I guessed it was me changing something in the audio settings, though I didn't find where I had made the mistake. So, does anyone know how to fix this?

A:Sound is some how disabled for some programs

I would suggest exiting ITunes when going to watch any Youtube videos since that is taking away your sound output still being active. The two outputs are in some type of resource conflict where ITunes is in charge when already loaded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/71426-sound-some-how-disabled-some-programs.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, I have just purchased a HP Pavilion 15-au007tx laptop with Windows 10 pre installed in it.But i am facing one problem, whenever i play Sound/Video it start wil full volume but after within a seconds sound gets reduced but in the task barsound value volume is full. I have tried some of the thing but it is not working can anyone please help me for this. 

A:sound gets automatically disabled

Hi @Mubpate, Welcome to the HP Forum!l  It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you to have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More . I grasp that you just purchased your HP notebook with Windows 10 pre-installed, but whenever you played the sound, it would start at full volume but after a few seconds, the sound was reduced. When you checked the volume icon on the taskbar it was unchanged. With this being so new, have you done all the Windows update?Have you run the HP Support Assistant?Have you run the Windows troubleshooter?Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - No Sound or Distorted Sound from Speakers (Windows 10). If the issue remains try this step.Go to Device Manager Click on the sound, video and game controllersTry selecting IDT High Definition Audio CODEC if that is not the current driver and then test.Please let me know the outcome. Thanks! "Accept asIf this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/sound-gets-automatically-disabled/td-p/5690942
Relevancy 44.72%

I just finished using the virus boards here to eliminate a virus. During the course of the virus, but before I got help here, all my sound, except for my MIDI files, has been turned off. The virus board referred me to this board for help with this specific problem.

I know that nothing is muted, I have already checked that. Another example, I can play a WAV or MP3 in winamp, and I can clearly see the file is playing, but there is no sound. Same for games, etc. The only sound files I can play are MIDI files. The only reason I can think that this might happen is because months ago, I installed a Yamaha program for enhancing MIDIs, and maybe they are controlled only by that program which somehow escaped damage.
I think my sound card is a Realtek HD Audio. I am running Windows XP.

Thanks for your help.

A:non-Midi sound disabled

Hi Q'bert,Check that audio is started in services..Go to Start>> Run>> type in services.msc. A window will pop up with a list of services. Scroll down to Windows Audio>> Right-click>>Properties. Make sure that 'Startup' is set to automatic. Click Apply and okay...Now check the startup status under services..Make sure it says started. If not look to the left and click start service...If the service is already set to automatic..turn it off click apply and okay..then set it to start..click apply and okay..Check device manager and make sure the drivers are downloaded and have no conflictRight click on 'my computer'..Click 'manage'...Click 'device manager'...Check for audio drivers...If you see a red X..the driver is disabled ...A yellow ! means there is a conflict....The following link will walk you through how to use device manager...Windows Device ManagerPauline

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/440094/non-midi-sound-disabled/
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently re-installed Windows XP. But upon the re-install, the sound device became disabled. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you. Carl

A:Sound Device Disabled in XP

you will probably need to install some drivers

make and model of the pc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-device-disabled-in-xp.1061996/
Relevancy 44.72%

my network, sound and windows update is disabled. i looked at device manager and i have problems with the network and USB so i updated but nothing changed.

anyone have clue what might be wrong?

A:Network, sound everything disabled

can you be more specific?

What is the OS?

What did you update?

What exclamation points are showing in device manager?

What do you mean that network, sound, and usb are disabled?

thanks ,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-sound-everything-disabled.1118869/