Windows Support Forum

HDD hardisk not working,not visible in the laptop,visible in device manager for 1min then disconnect

Q: HDD hardisk not working,not visible in the laptop,visible in device manager for 1min then disconnect

HDD 1 tb Seagate hardisk not working,is not visible in the laptop, can b seen in device manager for 1min then gets disconnected automatically and the light on the hard disk starts blinking

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HDD hardisk not working,not visible in the laptop,visible in device manager for 1min then disconnect

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HDD hardisk not working,not visible in the laptop,visible in device manager for 1min then disconnect

If the system worked before with this drive, I would say the drive is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-hardisk-not-working-not-visible-in-the-laptop-visible-in-device-manager-for-1min-then-disconnect.198749/
Relevancy 80.6%

I am trying to install a wireless usb dongle on the laptop, but fails because there is no Com Ports in the device manager. I tried to look if the Com Ports are active in BIOS but I need a password to go into the BIOS. How do I get the Com Ports in the device manager visible and active?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/The-Com-Ports-are-not-visible-in-the-Device-Manager/td-p/5759148
Relevancy 110.51%

Hi,
I can't find port (COM&LPT) in device manager.
I just have new ASUS A450 with win7 64 bit.

i've done search in this forum, but nothing help me.
Like "show hidden folder" the com port still didn't show in device manager.
Also see the port setting in BIOS.
In BIOS i don't have an option to enable or disable the port.
Also i've installed the chipset driver.

What should i do then?

A:How to make COM port & LPT visible in device manager?

I don't see a com or LPT port listed in the specs for this model. Its rare that current hardware systems have those ports as they have been obsolete for many years.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/345832-how-make-com-port-lpt-visible-device-manager.html
Relevancy 110.51%

Here's the situation:
Hard Drive: Western Digital
Is this a mounting problem?? If so.. how do I mount the drive?
Original problem is that the pc wont start on boot. I pulled out the drive and put it into an external enclosure and connected it to my other pc vis USB.
The drive powered up; began spinning; no strange noises etc.
The pc recognizes the connection of a USB device but it does not show on the computer other than the device manager. According to the device manager, the device is working properly and make and model is correct.
Yes, this is where you tell me to reformat but I need the data! Part of my thesis that didnt make it to the backup drive!!!!! I would appreciate any suggestions you have!
Thanks!

A:Hard drive not visible except only in device manager: Help!

How was this "bad" drive formatted? NTFS or FAT32?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-not-visible-except-only-in-device-manager-help.88030/
Relevancy 109.65%

Hi,

I got a problem with USB cable. When I plug it in there is no action from system side. It should at least give me a message like"Unknown Device" but there is NO such message. I don't see it also in device manager...
I've checked same cable on different laptop (Windows 7) and it shows as "Unknown Device".
Scan for hardware changes also dont work for it...
Can anyone help me with this?
- how to debug it? I've tried Microsoft and Intel drivers but with no luck

I am using Windows 10 - Intel 6 Series / C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C2D & 1C26 USB Drivers

A:Connected USB cable - no action ,not visible in device manager

Hey, do the following
? Press Win Key + R to open run then type devmgmt.msc to open device manager.
? In device manager go to universal serial bus controllers. It will display a list of all USB devices. Plug and remove the device so as to find the USB device which is not working. Once you found device, right click and go to properties.
? In properties, go to details tab then in property option select device instance path. Now copy the value in notepad. It will be required in the next step.
? Now Press Win+R and type regedit in Run box
? Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\<Device Instance Path>\Device Parameters
(Device instance path is what you copied in notepad)
? In the device parameter check if EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled showing value 1. Double click on it and change the value to 0. Now Reboot.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/31260-connected-usb-cable-no-action-not-visible-device-manager.html
Relevancy 107.07%

Well i m getting riiiigggghhhhh at the end of my tether here I m running a Toshiba Laptop ghz mb of ram BIOS Toshiba version updated Windows XP professional SP Right so i purchased a Western Digital gb hard drive and mounted it onto an external case with USB This external case has a volt adapter with am max W The hard drive is set on Master note i have anoter USB gb seagate drive that works like a charm connected to same computer Here is the problem i connect up the gb HD to one of my ports THe computer happily runs that new USB mass storage device says hello Then everything goes to hell I opened up explorer expecting my lovely new HD 200gb management. manager, in not visible drive Device disk hard to appear Uh oh this is goign to be one of those long 200gb hard drive visible in Device manager, not disk management. days week really I opened up disk management expecting to find it there and only needing a new drive letter assigned but nope the new HD is not there just the two i already have internal and external gb Its as if my computer refuses to acknowledge it Next i go to device manager and lo and behold there is a new entry under disk drives that says quot 200gb hard drive visible in Device manager, not disk management. Disk Drive quot So here i m thinking what the heck is going on I contact Western Digital demanding nicely for an explanation We go through all the usual basics and crap ie viruses spyware and drivers All drivers are up to spec USB Xp SP and as far as i know there are no specific drivers for Western Digital hard disks only their diagnostic tools which can 200gb hard drive visible in Device manager, not disk management. t even seem to find the connected gb model Windows diagnostic seemed to find it i ran a quick test and it says Error cable error So i dutifully swapped out the cruddy cable with the cable from my other hard drive Now it disappears The reeeaalllyyy frustrating thing is that it works on a computer with freaky deaky windows on it Sooooo windows XP is too good for it or what Its a recent model gb WDC JB for crying out loud So here are the things that are reeealllyy p me off the fact it works on other computers the fact that its spinning round and round as if its was mocking me the fact that my computer can t decide whether to accept it or not So in a few days my computer is not going to be looking good as i constantly pound it into the ground So any suggestions guys nbsp

A:200gb hard drive visible in Device manager, not disk management.

take it easy, there's nothing wrong with your computer. the hard drive case needs it's own drivers or you'll have to return it and get a different (and possibly better) one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/200gb-hard-drive-visible-in-device-manager-not-disk-management.26812/
Relevancy 102.34%

Since nearly half a year ago I ve noticed a dramatic decrease in speed on my laptop Additionally any type of scan defragments or windows updates would either freeze the computer or run EXTREMELY slow ex I ve left the scan on overnight and it barely inched to I don t have a Windows system CD so I ve tried the option of rebooting it to system settings It manager. scanning visible anything. Viruses freezes upon in Laptop task helped enough to the point where it was bearable The start up was still a bit slow as I had to leave it alone for a good minutes before everything runs smoothly Laptop freezes upon scanning anything. Viruses visible in task manager. However every other day it would decide to act up and get stuck Recently I found a virus as I went through Processes in the task manager I noticed it would generate random applications wmpcns vmptlsa etc I also noticed there is an unusual CPU usage of under certain applications and would quot hop quot around as I ended the process First it would be on Daemon tools then I would end the process and it would hop onto Spotify then Skype Google Chrome-- and well you get the idea Overheating is also an issue and I feel that is connected to the virus Tried running GMER but the check boxes are greyed out http i tinypic com dvr fb png

A:Laptop freezes upon scanning anything. Viruses visible in task manager.

Hi benyu332, to Bleeping Computer.My name is Jason and I'll be helping you with your computer problems. You can call me by my screename jntkwx or Jason is fine.Some things to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please do not attach logs or put logs in code boxes (unless explicitly asked to)Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can also help.Do not run anything while running a fix.If you don't understand a step, please ask for clarification before continuing with any future steps.Click on the Watch Topic button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.  OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Change File Age to 180 DaysCheck off:
Use Company-Name WhitelistSkip Microsoft FilesUse No-Company-Name WhitelistPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimized Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:

Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.In your next reply, please include:OTL logsFSS log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457061/laptop-freezes-upon-scanning-anything-viruses-visible-in-task-manager/
Relevancy 97.18%

I have a macro that populates my sheet with data it copies from a filtered search. It copies the search results from Column A, then Transposes it to each of the rows visible, before clearing the filters. My problem is that sometimes there is data already present in those cells, data from previous searches. I need to keep that data and paste the new data. Right now the macro pastes over the old data, I would like it it if it simply moved it or shifted it to the right.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vba-to-transpose-visible-cells-in-column-a-to-each-visible-row.1138315/
Relevancy 89.01%

I purchased an external USB Storage device of 80 GB capacity (Sony). When I connect it to my laptop (HP Pavilion zt3000), it shows up in the tray. But when I check through "My Computer", there is no icon for the USB Hard disk for me to open and store data.

The response is same when I checked it in another laptop of HP.

Hardware Device Manager shows that the USB storage device is working properly and responds correctly for connection or disconnection!!

Can you advice what could be the problem and how to come out of this issue and start using the storage device?

A:USB Storage Device not visible in My Computer

Connect the external drive and turn it on before turning on the laptop. Give Windows a minute or 2 to "see" the drive. It eventually will. Once Windows installs the drive, you should be ok.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-storage-device-not-visible-in-my-computer.702064/
Relevancy 89.01%

Like the title said. It's a HP deskjet 720c on W7 home premium 64x. Thep irnter itself works great, for instance in office-word i can choose the printer with all it's properties and so on. But it is NOT visible in devices window. How to get rid of it? I want to uninstall and after that install it again, and hope it will be visible in devices after new installation.

so how to uninstall a printer thats installed but not visible?

A:How to uninstall a printer that's not visible in device

Is it not viewable in Devices and printers, or Device manager?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/63827-how-uninstall-printer-thats-not-visible-device.html
Relevancy 89.01%

It's only showing "Speakers". There should be an additional Headphones device to choose from. I have enabled "show disabled devices" and "show disconnected devices".

The VIA HD Audio deck will load up when I plug in the headphones, and it askes me to choose "microphone" or "headphone". I choose headphone, but no sound plays. Confirmed headphones work with other devices.

Have tried a system refresh. Tried removing VIA drivers many times. Tired the stock version, up to v6.0.1.1900 and many in between.

Asus s400CA
Windows 8

Please help!

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/29577-headphones-not-visible-device-via-drivers.html
Relevancy 89.01%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by user at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Outdated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C manager in iexplorer.exe opening.. keeps task visible WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer iexplorer.exe keeps opening.. visible in task manager EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C PROGRA AVG AVG iexplorer.exe keeps opening.. visible in task manager avgwdsvc exe iexplorer.exe keeps opening.. visible in task manager C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS System igfxpers exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files DNA btdna exe C Documents and Settings user Desktop dds scr C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie mDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie mSearch Page hxxp www google com mStart Page hxxp www google com mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com uWindows load c windows system msofxf exe uWindows run c windows system mstjebx exe BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun BitTorrent DNA quot c program files dna btdna exe quot uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exe mRun igfxtray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exe mRun igfxpers c windows system igfxpers exe mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun SkyTel SkyTel EXE mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exe dRun rundll exe rundll exe quot c documents and settings networkservice application data macromedia common b e dll quot quot mExplorerRun exec c windows system msyqkah exe uPolicies-system EnableProfileQuota x IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel Trusted Zone beatport com DPF B B-C - DE -BFB -AD AD CD - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cab DPF C - A - A - -F F D - hxxp download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs director sw cab DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C DPF DABFBF-D AB- FA- C -CC F - hxxp download divx com player DivXBrowserPlugin cab DPF -EB D- E- - DC E C - hxxp www howardstern com install uvuplayer cab DPF FFBE D- C C- - BD- DC B C - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get flashplayer current ultrashim cab DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cab Handler linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - c program files avg avg avgpp dll Notify SASWinLogon - c program files superantispyware SASWINLO dll Notify avgrsstarter - avgrsstx dll Notify igfxcui - igfxdev dll SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll SEH SABShellExecuteHook Class ae d - afb- e - a-ebb f a da - c program files superantispyware SASSEH DLL SEH -d f- - f - a a - c windows system flashd dll SecurityProviders msapsspc dll schannel dll digest dll msnsspc dll msansspc dll mcenspc dll LSA Authentication Packages msv c windows system ddcArspN LSA Notification Packages scecli c windows system monibego dll mone dsc dll SERVICES DRIVERS R Asapi Asapi c windows system drivers asapi sys - - R AvgLdx AVG Free AVI Loader Driver x c windows system drivers avgldx sys - - R AvgMfx AVG Free On-access Scanner Minifilter Driver x c windows system drivers avgmfx sys - - R AvgTdiX AVG Free Network Redirector c windows system drivers avgtdix sys - - R SASDIFSV SASDIFSV c program files superantispyware sasdifsv sys - - R SASKUTIL SASKUTIL c program files superantispyware SASKUTIL SYS - - R avg wd AVG Free WatchDog c progra avg avg avgwdsvc exe - - R msncache msncache c windows system svchos... Read more

A:iexplorer.exe keeps opening.. visible in task manager

i know it said not to bump.. but i figured its been long enough to where this thread is long buried. i'd rather bump than repost.please help.. im SOL.===========Hello I know how frustrating it is when your computer isn't working properly. Let me assure you that your topic isn't lost, forgotten, or ignored. We work with hundreds of logs every day, so we have devised a means of seeing only those topics that don't have responses yet. At the moment, we have nearly 600 unanswered topics, the oldest dated Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:52 pm Eastern Daylight Savings time in the U.S.A. This topic is dated July 17 2009, 8:12 PM using the same time zone.Our volunteer HJT team members have various levels of expertise and training, so while we try to take the oldest DDS/HJT logs, it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, neither of us would want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it.We ask that once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your thread or make further replies until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The reason we ask this or do not respond to your requests is because that would remove you from the active queue that Techs and Staff have access to. The malware staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.That is why I have made an edit to your last post, instead of a reply. Please do not multiple post here, as that only pushes you further down the queue and causes confusion to the staff.Please be patient. It may take a while longer to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I'd suggest checking your topic once a day for a response.Thank you for understanding.Orange Blossom ~ forum moderator

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/242433/iexplorerexe-keeps-opening-visible-in-task-manager/
Relevancy 88.15%

i am experiencing some problems in my computer since i formatted it. the task manager has been blocked somehow and i am unable to open it. when i connect my pc to the lan, the lights are glowing in the port but the network adapters page doesnt show any internet adapters.only the wireless adapter is visible. Am i infected???

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/389048/task-manager-blocked-ethernet-adapter-not-visible/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi guys first post and I hope this is in the right place I've recently had to do a system restore to an earlier point to get my computer Device updated, not Playback visible, STUMPED Drivers going again My problem Playback Device not visible, Drivers updated, STUMPED is that after the restore I have no sound Here is what I've tried Uninstall Reinstall updated Drivers Tried multiple different drivers from older to newest Check services msc and restarted and ensured Audio Audio Backend were set to auto Safe mode uninstall and reinstall driver with register cleaning Tried installing drivers in compatibility mode Updated ALL drivers chipset bios etc Right clicked in playback devices to show disabled etc - no dice Googled this issue for hours and tried everything I came across to no avail I had this problem once before and I did find a fix in like a page thread Now i don't know where that thread went but I know it has to be fixable Now though I don't remember where I found that thread and I don't know how to fix this again This is racking my brain and driving me insane my microphone doesn't work my sound won't play but it does recognize my headphone jack However the internal sound on my motherboard will not work I have a Dell Latitude E running Windows I Playback Device not visible, Drivers updated, STUMPED feel like I have tried everything but I know SOMEWHERE there is that one thing I did before and I don't know what it is Please for the love of all that is good can someone help me I feel I'm losing my Playback Device not visible, Drivers updated, STUMPED mind trying to get this sound working again I know it is possible but I can't for the life of me remember how I did it once before or what I Googled to find out

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/54834-playback-device-not-visible-drivers-updated-stumped.html
Relevancy 87.29%

when i click ctrl+alt+del it says task manager has been disabled by your administrator

my start menu has become empty.. the programs link itself has disappeared.. when i open 'my computer' i cannot see the 'c' or 'd' drives... 'e' and 'f' drives are visible

i also get annoying pop-ups all the time.. the pop says "windows security alert... windows has detected spyware and malware.. etc etc "
and another comes near task bar " system has detected virus activities etc.. please use recommended antispyware program"
and another pop up saying "spyware alert.. worm.win32netbooster detected on your machine etc etc"

i have 3 new internet shortcuts on my desktop.. they are error cleaner, privacy protector and spyware and malware protector..

and one more thing .. there is a message "VIRUS ALERT" right next to my system time..

my internet is slow as well and keeps disconnecting

please help

A:Virus Attack! Task Manager Has Been Disabled.. C And D Drives Not Visible

When a computer is this infected, it's best if we know what operating system you have and what anti-malware programs are already installed, so we can try to help you get control back.See if you can install MBAM and start the processhttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry811062

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157054/virus-attack-task-manager-has-been-disabled-c-and-d-drives-not-visible/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi
I'm using WIndows7 on a old Acer TM4000 and it runs perfetcly, faster than XP, as secure as Vista and so good looking. I'm still astonished while using it.

HOwever I was looking for some help.. I can't make appear the battery icon (even when I'm on battery system think to be on A/C) even forcing it: it is greyed out (see attached image)

Moreover in hardware I have 2 devices not recognized. One should be the 56k Modem onboard, the other one ( mass storage ) I'm thinking it might me the hard disk controller ? A generic driver had been installed ?

Any help is appreciated.
THanks !
b-bye

A:Laptop Battery Not Visible

Try downloading the public beta of windows 7, you will get a key to register it as well and will work until August. It has allot of bug fixes and better drivers than earlier builds, and by the looks of it you have build 6801, is that correct?

Download the Windows 7 Beta

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/3151-laptop-battery-not-visible.html
Relevancy 83.42%
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello, I have windows 7 RTM on three machines.  I joined all of them to a homegroup, which was working for a few hours.  Now, I can see the other members in the group, I can expand them to see their shared folders, but I cannot open them.  Also, the icons used to be based on the type of folder, like a video for the video folder that was shared.  Now, all of the icons are the generic blue win7 library icon.I have left the homegroup, tried making it again, and rejoining them all, still the same issues.  All of them seem to join fine, but none of the computers can share files.Any ideas?

A:HomeGroup not working - folders visible but cant open them

Hi,

Please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Step 1: Modify HomeGroup settings.
=========================
1. Click Start menu and open Control Panel.
2. Click "Network and Sharing Center" and click "Change advanced sharing settings" in the left panel.
3. In current "Home or Work" profile, please select "Turn off password protected sharing" option and "Allow Windows to manage homegroup connections (recommended)" options, and then click "Save changes" button.

Step 2: Temporarily turn off firewall on each machine and router (if it has) for a test.

Step 3: Access the target computer directly
=========================
1. Boot computer A.

2. Click the Start Button on computer A, type "cmd" (without quotation marks), in the search result list, right click on Cmd.exe and select Run as administrator.

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

3. In the popup window, type: "ipconfig" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.
4. Remember the IP address such as "192.168.XXX.XXX".

5. Boot Computer B to Desktop.

6. Click the Start Button on computer B, type "\\<IP address of the target computer A>" (without quotation marks) and press "OK".

For example:

\\192.168.XXX.XXX

Can we access the shared folder on computer A successfully?

If there is any error information, please capture the picture and upload it to SkyDrive ( www.skydrive.live.com ), and then share it to me.

Thanks,
Novak

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/af82faea-9245-4850-92d3-f726eb9de681/homegroup-not-working-folders-visible-but-cant-open-them?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 82.99%

I have 4 laptops, LT01, LT02, LT03, and LT04 running Windows 7 64 bit.

All 4 laptops are visible (and inter-operable) with standard network.

However, 1 laptop, LT02, is not visible in HomeGroup on LT01, LT03, LT04.

Whereas LT01, LT03, LT04 are visible in HomeGroup on LT2.

Granted its not a real show-stopper for me but it is very irritating.

Done all the obvious thinks like setting up HomeGroup on LT02 and then joining the common HomeGroup.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

A:HomeGroups - 1 Laptop not visible on HomeGroup

You might want to try going through the Homegroup trouble shooter first.
Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/257740-homegroups-1-laptop-not-visible-homegroup.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have tried the windows key and p to switch to disconnect projector. The laptop screen works fine when plugged into external monitor but when I unplug it its blank. Currently running windows 7. says the mobile pc is main display. When computer first starts up it shows the window logo like a normal start up then goes blank until a monitor is hooked up. Please help. Can give more details if need be

A:Laptop Display not visible after vga disconnected

Correct monitor shown here ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/261808-laptop-display-not-visible-after-vga-disconnected.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have a laptop and desktop both running Win7 x64 and connected to a 100baseT Ethernet network (hardwired). The desktop usually comes up under Network in Windows Explorer on the laptop, but the laptop only occasionally comes up under Network in Windows Explorer on the desktop. The laptop tends to be visible on the desktop after I boot the laptop, and then will disappear when it goes to sleep and then wakes up later. Is there some way to force some sort of network "refresh" on either the laptop or desktop? Something else I should try? Thanks.

A:My laptop is not reliably visible to my desktop

Quote: Originally Posted by Involute

I have a laptop and desktop both running Win7 x64 and connected to a 100baseT Ethernet network (hardwired). The desktop usually comes up under Network in Windows Explorer on the laptop, but the laptop only occasionally comes up under Network in Windows Explorer on the desktop. The laptop tends to be visible on the desktop after I boot the laptop, and then will disappear when it goes to sleep and then wakes up later. Is there some way to force some sort of network "refresh" on either the laptop or desktop? Something else I should try? Thanks.

You can try turning off some of the power saving options via the control panel "Power Options".

You can also try turning off the power saver for the network connection via Device Manager>Network Adaptors> right click on the device you are using to connect to the internet then choose Properties, then choose Power Management and uncheck the power saving option for the network adaptor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/331569-my-laptop-not-reliably-visible-my-desktop.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have a Fujitsu siemens Amilo 7830.
What can be done

A:Laptop screen vaguely visible

Sounds like the backlight needs to be replaced. This may help: http://www.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2007/12/09/replace-laptop-backlight-ccfl-lamp/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-vaguely-visible.772247/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi

My laptop was recently infected with the Windows Recovery virus. I managed to get rid of this by using rkill, Malwarebytes and then unhid all files and icons etc.

Everything appeared to be running fine for a a few hours until it shutdown by itself. Now when I boot my laptop no desktop is visible, just a black screen. The mouse arrow is visible and I can access files and the internet through Ctrl Alt Del and then task manager so I'm lost as to what the problem is. I am running Windows 7.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

A:Laptop boots fine, no desktop visible.

Hi Lee 250 and welcome to TSF.

When in Task Manager check to see if you have a process called explorer.exe If not, in Task Manager go File>New Task> and type explorer.exe and hit OK.

Whether that is what is the issue or not, I suggest you start a new thread in the ' Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help' section and give then all the details they require to help you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-boots-fine-no-desktop-visible-572797.html
Relevancy 82.13%

My HP Pavilion AMD laptop with a Seagate hard drive is running XP SP It didn t come with an XP disc instead it is on a separate partition Supposedly my daughter walked by the computer when visible files/programs boots, laptop XP no but suddenly it starting beeping and displaying error messages By the time I got to it all the messages were gone I figured she had XP laptop boots, but no files/programs visible done something so exited I all the running programs I dont remember what they were probabley I E And I re-booted the computer It booted up without any error messages but all the icons programs files etc were gone The properties of the hard drive show it still has files on it Using CMD all the directories are empty even the root I was able to boot in both regular and safe moode without any errors but without any programs files I am using Norton for virus protection and run MalwareBytes regularly Thinking the hard drive was dying I ran Seagate s Sea Tools Short Drive Test Pass Generic Drive Test PassRan Chkdsk without the fix flag it said found errors Free space marked all allocated in MFLcorrect errors in volume laptopfound problems with file systemSo I decided I needed help so I posted a question in the XP forum The moderator suggested I post here so I ran Defogger - no emulation software running DDS will attach log Tried to run GMER - I forgot to uncheck quot show all quot so after hours I aborted it I got a message that said there was a rootkit virus I Re-start GMER I walked away from the computer after a bit came back and it was in the middle of re-booting It booted up but when I logged in there was a message that said there was a blue screen error and report it to Microsoft I did so Decide to try running GMER in safe mode It finishes fine The log is called gmersafe Now I try GMER again with a normal boot After hours I go to bed The program was processing files up to c program files electronic arts spore Based on the time time files it took for the safe mode GMER I figureit was of the way through When I get up the system has re-booted itself and is sitting at the login screen After logging in it says it encountered a blue screen error and wants to report it to Microsoft Suggestions I think I am in a world of trouble DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by DAGC at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Norton Disabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F FW Norton Internet Worm Protection Disabled FW Norton Disabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC Program Files Spyware Terminator sp rsser exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x WrtMon exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x WrtProc exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC... Read more

A:XP laptop boots, but no files/programs visible

Hi dathorpes, sorry about the delay. Do you still need help?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/399077/xp-laptop-boots-but-no-filesprograms-visible/
Relevancy 82.13%

I recently bought an AirLink AMPS W wireless print server I m trying to get a laptop that to laptop server print wireless visible help getting is wirelessly connected to my network to use this print server to use my Canon Pixma ip The print server is connected via cable to my wireless router and the printer is connected via USB to the print server The laptop s wireless connection is working fine After installing the PS-Link software on the laptop I was able to discover the print server However when I click on the print server the printer doesn t appear help getting wireless print server visible to laptop At this point I help getting wireless print server visible to laptop went ahead with configuring the print server from the laptop maybe this is part of the problem and I need to un-install the print server software and re-configure it When I install the PS-Link on a desktop which is connected via cable to the router I can discover the print server AND the printer I clicked the Link button and was able to add the printer to the desktop I have WinXP on both desktop and laptop Before doing all this I installed the Canon drivers on the laptop and connected it via cable to the printer and printed a test page just fine The wireless router is a few years old Linksys Can t remember the exact model name but I think it is maybe only A B before G N came out I have not set up any local network workgroup sharing etc between the desktop and laptop They just both use the router to access the internet The reason I bought the print server was to avoid having to have the desktop on all the time to use the printer from the laptop I wasn t doing this before I m just aware that s another option I m just using the Windows Firewall on the laptop and I ve been advised that this could be the problem I disabled the firewall briefly and still couldn t see the printer I briefly looked around the exceptions tab on the firewall but didn t see anything applicable I was also advised to turn off the wireless part of the print server because having wireless devices may confuse the laptop It did appear to impact the regular wireless connection so I turned it off But I didn t see any switch on the hardward or option on the print server software to disable the wireless part and leave it on as a non-wireless print server Seems to be all or nothing Would appreciate any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-getting-wireless-print-server-visible-to-laptop.737166/
Relevancy 82.13%

My HP laptop is running XP.

My daughter was using it, when suddenly it starting beeping, and displaying error messages.
By the time I got to it, all the messages were gone so I don't know what they were.

After re-booting, all the programs and files are gone.

It will boot in both regular and safe mode, without any errors, but all the programs are gone, along with all the files.
The recycle bin is empty.

When I look at the properties of the hard drive, it still thinks it has files on it, displaying 17GB free space out of 43GB.
Using CMD, all the directories are empty, even the root.

It didn't come with an XP disc, instead it is on a separate partition.

I am using Norton for virus protection, and run MalwareBytes regularly.

Any help or suggestions is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

A:XP laptop boots, but no files/programs visible

The hard drive is a Seagate 4200.2. Just ran Sea Tools, Short Self Test: Passed. Now Running Generic Short Test.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398876/xp-laptop-boots-but-no-filesprograms-visible/
Relevancy 82.13%

Once i read a email in my outlook of my laptop, i am unable to see the mail in my ipad. the read mails are not visible in ipad once it is read in other device.

A:Email not visible in ipad once read on laptop

If it is a POP account you need to set "leave a copy on the mail server" in Outlook settings for the account properties.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-not-visible-in-ipad-once-read-on-laptop.1002648/
Relevancy 81.7%

i am facing problem with photos\videos in my Lumia 730 phone after latest upgrade. Current build in my phone is 10.0.10586.545.
there are two problems i see as below,
1. when i take photos\videos either it goes disappear after some time or it shows an error if i try to play it
2. i can not see images\videos received through whatsapp on my phone
can someone please help me here.
Thanks,
Rahul

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435562-photos%5Cvideos-not-visible%5Cworking-lumia-730-after-recent-upgrade.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have an Sony Vaio VGN-NR430E with windows Vista. This laptop has a semi-sordid history. After being out of service for almost a year with a checksum error, I was finally able to get it up and running by a complete reformat and reinstall of Vista. The touchpad was already not working at that point (but it was a lesser problem then the checksum error).

I have managed to get the laptop completely working again. But the touchpad is completely dead. There are no drivers for the touchpad displayed in device manager - despite manually installing the correct ALPS driver. I have tried a dell driver fix I read about elsewhere, and also a file renaming solution for XP here - neither worked (the latter disabling my keyboard and mouse and I had to system restore).

Anyone have any ideas? Thank you so much for your time!

A:Sony Vaio with Vista - Touchpad not working, no driver visible

Hi,

When you say there is no driver displayed in the Device Manager console, is there an entry anywhere in Device Manager that appears as something like 'Unknown device' or that has a yellow exclamation mark in the device icon? This would usually mean that Vista 'sees' the device but doesn't recognise what it is. If you see anything like this, right-click the entry and select 'Uninstall'. You can then do one of two things: you can either click the button at the top entitled 'Scan for hardware changes', or restart the computer. Either way Windows should hopefully re-install the correct driver for your touchpad, as long as it's still on your hard drive somewhere where it can find it.

Post back here if you still get problems. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jon.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-vaio-with-vista-touchpad-not-working-no-driver-visible-471496.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Running an HP ProBook with Windows turned Issue: not Apps Profile Post-Temporary working/not visible on my laptop this morning only to be signed into a Temporary Profile Googled a bit and came across Brink's tutorial to fix this by backing up data and deleting something in the registry This worked to a point I've got my data and my profile back but now my computer is behaving like I just got it out of the box in a lot of ways Most of my apps including many of the pre-installed ones like mail weather people etc have disappeared my keyboard settings have Post-Temporary Profile Issue: Apps not working/not visible gone back to their US standard which I don't use and a whole load of other things have reset to default On top of that whenever I try to open the few apps that I still have like settings and store they open but minimize to the desktop taskbar Post-Temporary Profile Issue: Apps not working/not visible instantly and refuse to open full-screen I've looked at a couple of tutorials online and tried running an sfc full scan but got the message quot windows resource resource protection found corrupt files but were unable to fix some of them quot What makes this weirder is the fact that when I recreated my personal account I used the built-in admin profile and while that was still active I could still see things like people and mail in the start screen for that profile I thought I checked all the permissions in the registry and they seemed fine but I could be wrong Can someone please tell me if there's anything else I can do to retrieve my old settings and apps from before I recreated my account Can someone please explain why the majority of my apps have disappeared and why the few that remain refuse to open Thanks

A:Post-Temporary Profile Issue: Apps not working/not visible

did you try: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth ?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/58638-post-temporary-profile-issue-apps-not-working-not-visible.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Dear PCMCIA CDROM visible over empty laptop on not SCSI friends SCSI CDROM over PCMCIA not visible on empty laptop I bought a Dell Latitude XPi laptop for my father to give him an opportunity to receive e-mails and surf the web But as the former owner had many special software on it I thought it best to reinstall W from CD That was not wise I am working now two days to get the CDROM to appear in DOS but can not get it going I read the postings from Skysurf http forums techguy org showthread php t who came out lucky with the great help from LarryCore but I still miss a lot of information How does my config sys really have to look like I have now device a scsiport sys device a sparrow sys device a cdrom SYS D CD- S Full name of CDROM in XP config TEAC CD ROM CD- S SCSI CdRom Device In autoexec bat SCSI CDROM over PCMCIA not visible on empty laptop I have A mscdex D CD- S L there is a D and no smily meant I do not know who to put that off After booting with bootdisk from bootdisk com with the former adaptations made in config and autoexe the laptop only output on screen says Starting Windows And thats all nothing else happens Hope there is hope left nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scsi-cdrom-over-pcmcia-not-visible-on-empty-laptop.243394/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi Can anyone Stuck new cursor on no laptop visible mode with safe in Help! help please I have been posting under Anti-Virus and Anti- Malware asking for advice on which would be best Help! Stuck in safe mode on new laptop with no cursor visible to install on my new Acer Laptop and was following instructions from there when I found the touchpad seems to have stopped working as I cannot find a cursor to use I had followed the instructions given under by Quietman on that topic and am Help! Stuck in safe mode on new laptop with no cursor visible definitely in Safe Mode - but cannot get out of it or get any Help! Stuck in safe mode on new laptop with no cursor visible further either I have windows open - one is Windows Help and Support - which also says I'm not connected to the internet and to click the link to check my internet connection and the nd says Your device isn't fully protected and to check the status of my McAfee software - which is what I want to remove I've tried closing by holding in the power button and also ALT CTR DEL but I still come back to the same situation when I reboot I really would be grateful if anyone can help as no-one who was helping me on the Anti-Virus Malware for Windows seem to be online currently Thank you

A:Help! Stuck in safe mode on new laptop with no cursor visible

Hi there,Did you try plugging in another mouse?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577489/help-stuck-in-safe-mode-on-new-laptop-with-no-cursor-visible/
Relevancy 81.27%

Ok so i bought this laptop about 15 months ago, It is a toshiba satellite c660-28t. I have been really happy with it. However yesterday my girlfriend was using it as normal with nothing out of the ordinary , then this morning I tried to use it and it goes to the toshiba screen then says windows is loading files. after that it goes to the blue welcome screen and the only thing I can do is move the cursor (which is now about twice the usual size).
would really appreciate any help with this.
thanks

apologies if this is in the wrong section. I was not sure where to put it.

A:laptop stays at welcome screen. only the cursor visible and it is enla

Are you able to boot into safe mode?

As the computer is booting press and hold your F8 Key which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu"

Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/281228-laptop-stays-welcome-screen-only-cursor-visible-enla.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm using my Windows 8 ASUS EEE PC to try and connect to a wireless network. It's not available in the list.

I use my phone (Windows Mobile 6.5) and see on other people's laptops (XP, Vista, 7) that it's available and those devices can see the network and connect without problem.

I've tried to manually add the network with no success.

I've tried to check the routers settings to see what level it's broadcasting on but that should just be average b/g but I can't check for sure, because I don't have the password for the router.

I don't believe there are any special settings as the router is set up to cater for standard users.
Why can my machine not see it?

Ive had no such problem in the past with any other wireless network.

A:Wireless network not visible to Windows 8 PCs but phone and laptop can

Windows 8 does not see the wireless network. Switch to Ubuntu and it sees it no problem. Also, using Windows 7, I can see the network.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/9460-wireless-network-not-visible-windows-8-pcs-but-phone-laptop-can.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have set up a network consisting of an XP desktop , Windows Home Server Desktop & XP Netbook & router.

The network works as it should when the netbook is connected to the router by ethernet. However, when I connect the netbook wirelessly it (the netbook) cannot view the other computers & an access error is returned when trying to access networked folders on the desktop & server. (the desktop can see the laptop though).

When I reconnect wired all is OK again.

Disabling the security software made no difference nor did resetting winsock.

So the problem lies with connecting wirelessly

Does anyone have any ideas as to where I go from here?

Thanks

Relevancy 80.41%

Hello,
We recently purchased a Dell laptop and later found that we cannot transfer what is seen on the laptop screen to the TV using an HDMI cable (the cable works fine, as shown when used with my other laptop). What happens, though, is that we hear a noise on the laptop when both ends of the HDMI cable are plugged in, but the TV screen remains black.
What could be the problem?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
~Trav.~

A:Solved: Dell laptop HDMI output not visible on TV screen - please help!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-laptop-hdmi-output-not-visible-on-tv-screen-please-help.1140234/
Relevancy 80.41%

I was given a rundown HP 2000-2b19WM laptop to try and fix. The problem is when it boots up past the windows logo screen it just stays a blank screen and eventually the mouse cursor shows up. I left it sitting over night still never fully booted up. I've followed all of the HP troubleshooting steps. I've removed battery held down power button plugged ac adapter in turned back on and nothing. I've reseated the memory sticks. I've ran the startup fix and says it can't repair problems. I also ran sfc /scannow in cmd prompt and it fixed some errors. I would factory restore the computer but I don't have the reset dvds nor does the person that owns the laptop. Is this a driver issue ?

A:Blank screen only mouse cursor visible. HP 2000 laptop

Oh my gosh im having the exact same problem when i turn my laptop on i get taken to a blank screen with only my cursor and just like u i dont have a usb or a disk/dvd and ive tried the battery method as well its hopeless there must be a soloution or were screwed :?/

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/69689-blank-screen-only-mouse-cursor-visible-hp-2000-laptop.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi, My Seagate 2TB external hard disk is not getting detected by my PC, doesn't show in 'Safely remove hardware' option.

However, based on one old thread, I installed Partition Recovery Wizard and this is how the scan looks. Please help.

A:External Hard Disk not detected, visible in Disk Manager

Please find the screenshot of disk management

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/399017-external-hard-disk-not-detected-visible-disk-manager.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi, My Seagate 2TB external hard disk is not getting detected by my PC, doesn't show in 'Safely remove hardware' option.

However, based on one old thread, I installed Partition Recovery Wizard and this is how the scan looks. Please help.

A:External Hard Disk not detected, visible in Disk Manager

Please find the screenshot of disk management

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399017-external-hard-disk-not-detected-visible-disk-manager.html
Relevancy 75.25%

The inbuilt HD webcam of my ProBook 450 G0 stopped working few days ago. Now on running the camera app, it shows camera not connected. In the device manager I have tried updating the driver software but it says the driver is up to date. Under device status in properties it reads "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."My laptop runs Windows 8.1. I have not installed any new major software or hardware recently.I have urgent need of the webcam.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Inbuilt-webcam-of-my-laptop-not-working-Device-manager-shows/td-p/5616845
Relevancy 72.24%

The image displayed on the screen of my Toshiba Satellite laptop is offset so that not all of the tray at the bottom is visible, and there is about 3/4" of black screen at the right side of the display.

It seems to have coincided with my having installed a malware-ridden application. Although I think I have expunged all of the malware, the screen display problem persists.

I have tried restarting, and I poked around in the Control Panel options, but no obvious solution has presented itself.

Any suggestions?

A:Screen display on laptop offset so not all of screen visible

try right clicking your desktop, click resolution, then see if your computers on the correct resolution, i've never seen this happen on a lappy before

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/301093-screen-display-laptop-offset-so-not-all-screen-visible.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I've got a new HP desktop (550-107na) which is supposed to come with two hard drives, a 1TB standard hard disk and a separate 128GB SSD. However Windows is not showing any sign of the SSD at all.  I am slightly confused how the SSD is supposed to appear on this setup so im not really sure what to look for. I was expecting to go to 'This PC' and be able to see the 1TB drive and the SSD listed, but I can only see the standard drive, recovery partition and the DVD drive. Can anyone clarify what I should be seeing or whether they are working in some sort of hybrid mode together? Is there anything I can test to see if the SSD is actually working? Thanks in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SSD-not-visible-on-new-PC/td-p/5709712
Relevancy 69.66%

here i have a problem with my LAN im a home user and i have a broadband connection with router connecting with a lan wire i had been using it fr more than an year with no problem but now wen i try to visible not LAN connect my broadband using the username and password it says quot Cannot find WANminiport pppoe quot or somthng similar i tried solving the problem LAN not visible to find that LAN is not visible in My network Places where it normaly was and not even the icon in system tray My lan card is fine i checked bios it has enabled LAN there i reinstalled the drivers from cd and checked LAN not visible in the device manager for the netadapter still nt solved im nt able to understand the problem Now the background of this problem might be lying in the fact that at the same time i found that all the servoces had been automatically disabled in my PC so i used services msc in run to enable them again manually they are working fine now bt Lan still nt Please help ASAP as im nt able to connect internet for days now Thanking in anticipation nbsp

A:LAN not visible

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Let's see this as well with the wire connected.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-not-visible.829807/
Relevancy 69.66%

i had a hard time with viruses so i decided to format C and reinstall XP i am using two IDE hards of gig and gig i have xp s on both the drives but i am working with the xp on hard disk so i booted with an xp CD although i was supposed to format only the partition C unfortunately i had formatted the whole gb that way i lost all the data on my because there it didnt show me the separate partitions of disks after installing the xp when i open the quot my computer quot i realised that the volumes on my is not visible there so i opened disk mgt in computer mgt wondering there i saw both the disks and but for the it was visible only a one partition and there it shows that partiton takes the whole capacity one My not HD visible IDE is of the disk but i had partitions on my here i have attached a view of my disk mgt window pls My one IDE HD is not visible have a loot at it there also you can see some unusual two capacities showing for that partition in above window gb and the bootom window gb my all the important data are on my i suppose the data is still there since i didnt format that so can anyone please help me to access the partitions on my thanks in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-one-ide-hd-is-not-visible.135913/
Relevancy 69.66%

ie7 in xp - html is accurate and checked - page does not show many html items in browser ? online or offline ?

ie7 deleted and new ie7 installed

addons removed

still does not show

here is test link page @ Group 912 - based on Glenn Beck 912 Project for 9 Principals and 12 Values

look at "view source" - items 4, 16, 17 and 18 are not visible ?

this same page worked fine one week ago ?

A:not visible

For me, only line 17 is blank; 4, 16, 18, are visible. Perhaps you mean not visible in the page. The page has no content below the 7 headings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/153328-not-visible.html
Relevancy 69.23%

i have a compaq presario cq60-211dx. everytime i close the lid i hear the device disconnect and when i open it i hear the device connect sound. nothing seems to b effected. the sound is still there and everything but im jus worried maybe sumthing going on that shouldnt b. any ideas?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/230145-device-disconnect-sound-plays-when-closing-laptop.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi there. I sure hope this is a dumb question so that it has an easy answer! My problem is that the backgrounds do not show up on myspace on my dell laptop , running windows xp. This is firewalled, but I have tried turning off the firewall, and still no luck. Works fine on my old desktop, which has windows ME. Any suggestions to fix appreciated!

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi Symptoms gt CPU ussage climbs up to slowing down every program I m using gt When checking the processes running on the TaskManager every visible process is in gt Software I use mainly Opera and MediaMonkey gt This problem happens about - of the times I m using my PC it doesn t happen when I start the system but sometime after I m using it sometimes a few minutes after I boot the system process 100% CPU no visible... sometimes a couple of hours later I need to reboot in order to be able to work again gt Just last night I made a clean reinstall CPU 100% no process visible... of Avast and run it all night long in a boot scan it deleted at least a couple of rootkits but this morning it happened again so it wasn t so much help afterall Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance --- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Archivos de programa Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Archivos de programa Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Archivos de programa Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Archivos de programa Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Archivos de programa Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C ARCHIV ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Archivos de programa MediaMonkey MediaMonkey exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C Archivos de programa Opera opera exe C Archivos de programa eMule emule exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Archivos de programa Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName V nculos O - BHO SnagIt Toolbar Loader - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Archivos de programa TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO Aplicaci n auxiliar de v nculos de Adobe PDF Reader - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Archivos de programa Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - C Archivos de programa TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Archivos de programa Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Archivos de programa QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Archivos de programa Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run avast C ARCHIV ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM RunServices Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKLM Policies Explorer Run Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User SERVICIO LOCAL O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User Servicio de red O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User Default user O - Extra context menu item E amp xportar a Microsoft Excel - res C ARCHIV MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C A... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-100-no-process-visible.780573/
Relevancy 68.8%

Windows 98 OS. They system recognizes that a mouse is connected and the drivers are updated but the pointer is not visible and the mouse is noy functional?

A:Mouse not visible

in the device manager delete the mouse reboot and let windows reinstall
have you tried another mouse

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-not-visible.208284/
Relevancy 68.8%

When booting into Windows XP it gets to the welcome screen but there are no user names visible to select so I can't proceed. Everything was working fine until I turned the PC on last night. I've tried ctr-alt-del but nothing happens. I've tried F8 and selecting 'last known good configuration', and booting in safe mode, but I still get the same problem - any ideas? Many thanks.

A:No log on names visible!

lol had that same problem so i just formated is it a dell?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-log-on-names-visible.450764/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have pluged my usb its showing the used space but not opening my fles in there please tell me what to do help??

A:my usb data is not visible

A USB what? USB Flash Drive, USB HDD, USB Card Reader, USB Camera, etc
With the USB drive in, go to Search and type diskmgmt.msc Right click the diskmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Disk Management window is your USB drive listed here? Does it say the file system is Unallocated Space or does it say that the Disk # is RAW and it needs to be Initialized?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-usb-data-is-not-visible-833026.html
Relevancy 68.8%

So I have an XP Pro SP3 machine running as a NAS. Every now and then, it will drop off the network.

I have a shared printer connected to it, and have mapped the C drive to my main desktop, as well as shortcut folders to important folders on the NAS. When the NAS drops off the Network, I can still access all these things, I just cannot find the computer when I go to Start>Network (on Vista or our other XP Pro machine).

Normally I wouldn't bother since everything is mapped and that all seems to work fine (Remote Desktop even works), but my WDTV Live can't see it either which kinda defeats the purpose of the NAS if the WDTV Live can't see it.

Any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-pro-not-visible-on-network-481858.html
Relevancy 68.8%

How do I hide the "My Documents" junction (and "My Pictures" etc. in "Documents" folder)? I think the four junctions became visible after I unzipped a 7-zip file containing the "My Documents" folder created in an XP machine. The junctions are now visible regardless of the "hide system files" etc. settings in explorer. The four junctions are also listed when I "dir" in cmd.exe. No other junctions are visible in either explorer or cmd.exe.

I can't see any option to hide a junction when I right-click -> Properties on it. How do I do this, i.e. get them back the way they were initially?

A:Some junction became visible

Hello Jruhill, welcome!

I'm not sure what you mean by "junction". Sounds like you've copied/extracted directories out of a zipfile, possibly with subdir's too. If that's the case, assuming you did not need the dir's on this machine, can't you just delete these dir's?
However, if you're unsure, then please upload a snip/picture of a explorer window of your "My Documents" with Detail settings on. We'll have a look at that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/171564-some-junction-became-visible.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi.

I cannot see my drives, when I want it to, as shown in the screenhost.

What is the reason, that the other drives are not visible ?

A:Drives no visible ?

ur drives r in the left pane naa.... btw.. u've posted d screenshot of the desktop view

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/173890-drives-no-visible.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey guys,

I'm currently running an Ubuntuserver where an external HDD is mounted in the network.
I can see the HDD fine on my Windows 7 computer but not on my fathers laptop running Vista.
Is there anything I need to change in the settings on the laptop in order to see the HDD?
The Vista laptop is in the same network (IP-Range and WORKGROUP) as the Win7 computer

A:Shared HDD not visible

Have you tried accessing it directly using \\server\folder\ ?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/302380-shared-hdd-not-visible.html
Relevancy 68.8%

For some reason, I can no longer see pics. All I get is a box with another little box in the top left hand corner with 3 colors in it, red, green and blue. I'm using Windows XP, and Firefox. Help!

A:Pics not visible

sgfla, Check out the links/threads at the link below.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=can't+see+pictures+in+firefox&btnG=Google+Search

Tufenuf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pics-not-visible.702495/
Relevancy 68.8%

Even though I have the latest build of Microsoft VM and Java enabled, I have not been able to see any applets in the last 2 days. How come?

A:Applets not visible

Do you have scripting of java applets enabled on your browser? Go to tools and internet options and it would be under the security tab.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/applets-not-visible.90262/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

I need help with my U3 Scan Disk drive. Im unable to locate or view the folders in the USB drive. But when i try to scan for virus with Avast the folders and the files in them are being scanned.

Can you help me locate my files on the drive?
Thanks
Ratish

A:Folder Not Visible on USB

Control Panel-->Folder Options-->View tab
Tick Show hidden and system files/folders
Apply Ok

Check the drive again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/folder-not-visible-on-usb.109349/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

I have just replied to a discussion in another thread, I can find my reply when I search in my user CP, but it does not display.

A:Reply is not visible

Hello Mike,

Since it was your first post, it had to be approved before it was actually posted. This may sometimes take a little bit, but your post is at the link below.

no desktop Icons or taskbar

You can left click on your member name anywhere, select View Public Profile, click on Statistics tab, then click on the Find all posts by mikewill34 to see all of your posts.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281024-reply-not-visible.html
Relevancy 68.8%

hiya ppl,
so i just thought of creating a homegroup so i could easily share files between my laptop and my pc but im a facing a problem..
i created a homegroup on my pc but when opened the homegroup settings on my lapi,it is not showing my homegroup....
basically my pc homegroup is not visible on my lapi....
plz help both of them are connected to the same network pc is connected through LAN and lapi is wireless.....

A:homegroup not visible

Did you setup the homegroup on the laptop and enter the password that you setup on the Desktop? Basically, you have to join the homegroup from the laptop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/homegroup-not-visible-569024.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I recently upgraded my 32-bit installation of Windows 7 to a 64-bit one. I changed my RAM setup from 3(2+1)GB to 4(2+2)GB. But, Windows just shows 3 GB Ram. It doesn't say it like "4 GB (3 GB usable)". No. It just shows me 3 GB, as if that's how much RAM I've installed, even dxdiag. However, if I open CPU-Z, it shows me the correct information - that I have 4 GB of RAM in a (2+2) mode.

So, what's going wrong? I'd really appreciate some help.

A:3 GB visible of 4 GB Ram on 64-bit Windows

Some may have gone on video or other use often this is a setting in the BIOS

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/402580-3-gb-visible-4-gb-ram-64-bit-windows.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I a pc with following configuration Processor Intel Corei k mhz MotherBoard Gigabyte GAZ AP-D Rev Ram Corsair GB Graphic Card Zotec Nvidia GTS GB Cabinet Cooler Master PFM not visible Fonts are OS Windows Ultimate bit My problem is that in my office I am using Corel X on PFM Fonts are not visible Bit windows Ultimate Everything PFM Fonts are not visible is OK and on another pc Corel X on bit windows Ultimate also OK my all fonts are visible even pfm fonts also in corel But at home when I open my corel file pfm font are not displaying whole frame is blank same file in office pcs' working perfectly but at home pc it is not another pc has Intel i Processor first generation with gb ram and intel mother board with windows ultimate bit so pfm fonts are visible in corel but not in my home pc I have use same dvd to install windows at home and in office so where is the problem please help it is not a matter of corel I think it is matter of windows please help

A:PFM Fonts are not visible

These are obviously outside fonts, and are not part of a standard Windows install. So you had to install them yourself. How did you do that install on your home machine?

I just installed your provided fonts on my own machine, and they installed perfectly and are fully functional in MS Word 2007 (I don't have WP X3). They also show up just fine using Typograf.

The PFB/PFM files you provided are fine. The way I install these Type 1 fonts is to open the folder containing them in Explorer, and then "sort" on the Type column heading, so that all the PFB files are first and the PFM files are second. Then I select all the PFM files (click on the first, hold SHIFT down, and then click on the last, to light them all up). Then I right-click on the selected group and select "install" from the popup menu. Always works perfectly, as Windows apparently accesses the PFB files automatically even though I'm doing an "install" having selected only the PFM files.

So, sorry to say it, but like with your other machines where the fonts work perfectly, installing them on my own machine also shows them to be working perfectly. You must have not installed them correctly on your home machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351368-pfm-fonts-not-visible.html
Relevancy 68.8%

OK... 30 minutes until Vaio down the stairs moment....

Following a whole load of grief with a failed drive... I now have a new one.

Installed it as my primary clean drive, and then booted up from the XP disc to initiate a format and then onto a new XP installation.

'Windows cannot find a hard drive'.
It shows in bios. Could this be because it is not formatted? I thought the whole point of booting the XP disc startup was to be able to format the disc - ready for XP.

Suggestions? Is there a free Fdisk utility anywhere I can burn to disc? Certainly not buying anything else for this poxy laptop!

Thanks
Steve

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi Sorry if I should have tacked this onto the other thread on this topic - I ve explorer.exe visible 100% cpu uses when newly joined and didn t see any advice for or against doing this I have a similar problem - explorer exe uses CPU quite frequently but it seems to be only when it s showing If I minimize it then it stops There are two different manifestations of the problem explorer.exe uses 100% cpu when visible In version process explorer shows a thread in nt dll RtlDllShutdownInProgress using most of the CPU I have a network drive hosted via Samba on a Linux box and while Explorer is using the CPU it is hammering the Samba process even though I don t have the network drive listed as something to be indexed Changing a file on the network drive often sets it off Windows Explorer is still pretty responsive In the second version of the problem I have the CPU equally divided between the RtlDllShutdownInProgress and BrowseUI dll Ordinal The Samba server isn t doing much and Windows Explorer is almost unusable I have very little on my desktop apart from shortcuts I m running on an x system Intel Core Duo under a VMWare virtual machine The first version of the problem has been happening off and on for months The second version has recently started I m not aware of any changes I ve made in the meantime Any thoughts on this would be appreciated nbsp

A:explorer.exe uses 100% cpu when visible

Should mention that I've just noticed it doesn't always stop when minimized. It was doing this reliably the other day, but not today.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-uses-100-cpu-when-visible.677185/
Relevancy 68.8%

I recently upgraded my 32-bit installation of Windows 7 to a 64-bit one. I changed my RAM setup from 3(2+1)GB to 4(2+2)GB. But, Windows just shows 3 GB Ram. It doesn't say it like "4 GB (3 GB usable)". No. It just shows me 3 GB, as if that's how much RAM I've installed, even dxdiag. However, if I open CPU-Z, it shows me the correct information - that I have 4 GB of RAM in a (2+2) mode.

So, what's going wrong? I'd really appreciate some help.

A:3 GB visible of 4 GB Ram on 64-bit Windows

Some may have gone on video or other use often this is a setting in the BIOS

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402580-3-gb-visible-4-gb-ram-64-bit-windows.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi all,

I want to another HDD to my system. I got a new IDE HDD and installed it. Changed the jumpers accordingly to Master & slave. Checked the Bios to ensure the IDE would Autodetect. Once in Windows, new hardware dialogue box displayed, hardware installed mesage appears. I go to My Computer and cannot see my new HDD.

I then changed jumpers on both HDD to cable select. Launch Wndows and HDD still not visible in My Computer. Have checked Device Manager and according to it new HDD is working properly and is enabled. Checked BIOS again. HDD listed there too.

Head wrecked. This is happening on a WXP system and Windows 2003 system too.

What am I doing wrong?

River

Relevancy 68.8%

hey guys

i use windows XP, with 2 administrators and a guest account. nowadays, when i press the 'switch user' option, i get the blue welcome screen, but there is no sign of any account!!

what do i do??
Fidel

A:accounts not visible

If you hard reboot (power button) does it let you go on by the welcome screen the 2nd time around? Is there a similarity between what you are experiencing & what I have going on?

My laptop for quite a long time now has had the habit of hanging every time I try to access my dialup internet connection for the first time of the day only - it hangs, I do a hard reboot, then I'm good to go for the rest of the day.

I recently for some unremembered reason set my computer up with user accts (there was just me and guest before) and require a windows logon. I think it was because I was going to leave it running overnight at work with pcanywhere. I noticed that whenever my machine booted to the welcome screen where you'd normally see the users and choose one, the machine was locking & I'd have to do a hard reboot - just like it does with the dialup network access. I've gone back to disabling user logon requirements, and no more problem.

I probably need to reinstall my OS but I just haven't been brave enough to try it with xp. I am now wondering if there is something corrupt in the network protocols or drivers or something that causes this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accounts-not-visible.318041/
Relevancy 68.8%

I am hosting a few sites on my own server and recently noticed sites are only visible locally from within my lan. Trying to access my sites elsewhere gives me gateway timeout errors.

I need to try and troubleshoot locally from within my lan.

Is there a way (command or something) that I can try to access my sites as if I were coming in through the internet.

My setup is:
- centos 5
- virtual hosting of sites setup through virtualmin (this was just recently installed for me so maybe a config problem).
- 2 of my sites were working ok and 3 were not

A:sites not visible outside of lan

If you use a proxy, you'll see the site as it would be from outside your lan.

Are you using an ISP that allows you to host a site? That is, is it possible that your ISP is blocking traffic on port 80?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sites-not-visible-outside-of-lan.740779/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello I am new here and not really a computer whiz My old system crashed probably software so I took it to a friend to get my data off the hard drive He almost cried at how slow my system was so he practically gave me a new mother board video card modem etc So now I m tearing apart the old and putting in the new My question is--the new mother board I have the manual for and it says very emphatically to not put a V video card in--to use a V card The video card he gave me is used no box or manual and I cannot find ANYWHERE how to figure out for sure what it is The pin configuration and the slot on the board don t match exactly though they do fit The identification I have is ASUS AGP V M TVR REV Does any one out difference between & 1.5V AGP 3.3V? Visible there know whether this card is V or V or can anyone tell me how to tell by looking at it whether it is one or the other Thank you Melanie nbsp

A:Visible difference between AGP 1.5V & 3.3V?

This may help:
http://www.playtool.com/pages/agpcompat/agp.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/visible-difference-between-agp-1-5v-3-3v.70604/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

I have started a new job. Have an old Dell with Windows 98. When I type on Microsoft Outlook and in Word and a couple of other programs the text does not appear until I am done typing, the curser also moves slowly when typing and backspacing. It is not doing it as I an typing this. I have run a virus check with InoculateT, the company's virus software and I have run spybot several times. Could someone shed some light on this subject?

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/text-not-visible.262722/
Relevancy 68.8%

We have a NAS server on the network. One of our laptops recently got destroyed by water damage and had to be replaced. The new laptop is Win 10, and the NAS server is not visible on the network. On the old, now water-damaged laptop (Win 7), the NAS server had a desktop shortcut, so even if it wasn't visible on the network, the files could still be accessed.

How can I either force the computer to recognize the NAS server, or create a desktop icon that is linked to it without it being visible in the network listing?

Thanks.

A:NAS server not visible

FYI, I tried the fix here: Solved nas connect problem - Windows 10 Forums
Didn't work.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/61404-nas-server-not-visible.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Everything in my screen is not visible. I have tried to adjust the resolution to all different sizes as well as maximise it. There is a button i really need to use and i cannot see it please help me with some suggestions and/or answers.
Thanks

A:everything in screen not visible!!

Double post...... http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=111692

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/everything-in-screen-not-visible-111790.html
Relevancy 68.8%

This is my second post. There has to be someone out there who can help. My only other hope is to format and start over. When adding a local printer, it does not show up in the Printers/Faxes. The screen is blank. If you look at the File/Service folder it shows the printers were installed. It does print, but need access to properties to make some changes, and cannot see printer to select properties. Please.....gotta be a techno out there. I have searched Microsoft over and over...nothing.
No it's not networked..can't see it to share it. It goes through the install like a normal install. I am stumped.
Thanks,
Laurie

Relevancy 68.8%

I am running a multi-boot system. Under W98se and XP, my two cd-rom devices are visible. Under Windows 2000 sp4, they are not. This is a brand new situation because they were visible until today.

In the Control Panel, they are both flagged. I uninstalled them and re-booted. Same problem. I tried the driver update requesting Windows update. I got the answer that appropriate drivers were already installed.

I ran spyware checks with Ad-aware and Spybot. I scanned the whole system with my antivirus. No intruders apparently.

The last major change I recall that I carried out recently is an upgrade from DirectX 9.0b to 9.0c. Could that have created a problem?

Relevancy 68.8%

Hello.
i am having a really weird problem!!
one of my drive which was full of my 3 years DATA is now empty! :S
none of the files are visible.. but still its showing that space is occupied!!
i am really worried about my files.. as the data is really important for me.. please help me out!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/files-are-not-visible-s.568070/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi
I am using IBM R 40 laptop with Xp Home. My CDROM "D Drive" is not shown in the Explorer.
I am not able to run any CD/DVD on my laptop.

I did some research on internet and came to know @ removing UpperFilter/ lower Filter entries from registry

After I did this, the CD drive appeared but when i played teh DVD , it run for few minutes and then it was gone again..

I also tried Uninstalling Itunes/nero..But that did not work

Please advise
Thanks
Ajay

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

I am running Windows 7 x64 on both my laptop and PC. Both have the latest Windows updates installed.

When I connect my USB key to my PC it doesn't show up in Explorer. When I click into Disk Management it is shown but without a drive letter. If I try to assign a drive letter I get an error, "The operation failed to complete because the Disk Managemnt console view......".

I have had the same problem with various USB storage devices. For example, my PSP when connected by USB will not show up in My Computer but will show in Disk Management.

I have tried restarting the PC in safe mode but the drive is still not recognized.

This drive works fine on my laptop.

Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Lee.

A:USB not visible in My Computer

Have you tried formatting your USB drive in either FAT/FAT32/NTFS?

Where did your drive originate? I'm not sure what format PSPs use, so the fact that that won't connect may also be irrelevant.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-not-visible-in-my-computer-641924.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have three PC's on my LAN to not on others PC visible network. same One homegroup two laptops and one desktop that functions as a media server The Desktop is also the one that created the home group the laptops can join the homegroup and media streaming works between my Smart TV and the One PC not visible to others on same network. desktop but neither laptop can see One PC not visible to others on same network. the desktop on the One PC not visible to others on same network. network or access shared folders I ran the Network Troubleshooter and proceeded through the wizard and received the message attached to this post Something on my PC is performing Network Address Translation Also NAT is enabled on my router and I want it to stay enabled Unfortunately nothing in the troubleshooter tells me where the other device is that's performing NAT on the PC nor how to disable it Any help would be appreciated Other things of note All three PC's use a the ExpressVPN client with killswitch disabled All three use Comodo firewall which is setup to function as the VPN disconnect killswitch all three PC's use AVG antivirus The problem persists even when the firewall VPN client and antivirus software is disabled Also worth noting File sharing and network discovery are enabled on all PC's

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/60845-one-pc-not-visible-others-same-network.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a code for online test in asp.net.During the test the title bar and  menu bar are disabled. This works fine in few systems i.e. no title
bar and menu bar is visible. But for few systems title bar is visible which allows students to minimize the test and search  for the answers in different tabs. i have to restrict the students from minimizing the test window. Although they can use Windows+D
but i have restricted them to use keyboard keys for 3 times when they are on test window. After the test window is minimized they can use keyboard without any restrictions. But for title bar what may be the solution? What may be the issue that some systems
title bar is visible while for others it is not visible?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c59ace9c-7ed1-4452-adac-a1b4f5a7d952/title-bar-visible?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 68.8%

The website: http://ampsafe.com/index.php

Problem: If you click on "All Seminars" under "Training Seminars", you will get a list of seminars, but the only one that can be viewed is the first one labeled: Arc-Flash Hazard Analysis Options

All others bring up a "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

I have checked the links and they all seem okay. All of the pages can be seen on IE*, Mozilla Firefox, but for some reason IE 6 and 7 do not like the links. Please let me know if you have any idea on how I can correct asap. Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/some-pages-not-visible-on-anything-less-than-ie8-362290.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I bought a GB Western Digital WD HDD JB caviar last year and formatted it with WD tools which layed down a Dynamic Drive Overlay of visible not Half HDD DDO I removed the DDO and was left with only GB I recently bought a WD GB JB caviar which I m now using as my primary OS disc and works great on its own So the GB disc reads fine however the Half of HDD not visible GB disc is only read as GB under windows and Ghost partition magic etc after I reformatted it unless I use the DDO again Gigabyte sent me a link to flash my BIOS WITH the driver version my motherboard was shipped with GA- TXE as their solution The AI support-bots at Western Digital email support say I should use WD tools to format the drive Geez Does any company actually offer any real help these days Why all the flip flopping from GB - GB - GB Under partition magic I see no hidden partitions and I can t figure out why I only get GB s Even would seem reasonable What bothers me the most is the GB drive Half of HDD not visible cost more than the one year does a lot to value Things I ve tried Everything but Fdisk see number one nbsp

A:Half of HDD not visible

Look at this http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic36678.html it may help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/half-of-hdd-not-visible.50289/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey I'm having this same problem.. This is too wierd..

Two systems (newly built, and OSs loaded XP Pro SP2, and the shares are not visible.. workgroups are identical, username/passwords are identical, both ping each other, the router and my ISP.. both also have shared files/printers defined..

I'm lost.... been 2 weeks now, and can't figure this one out..

A:Shares not visible

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shares-not-visible.633706/
Relevancy 68.8%

I USB not memory visible am having a problem with my XP Pro PC not being able to see USB memory I have previously been able to connect a memory stick camera and phone and all would show up in My Computer but not anymore The phone still charges from USB though Just recently my USB mouse has started to play up Sometimes when I boot up the mouse doesnt respond and there is no power to it It doesnt light up Usually it will work after I press the reset button today it has taken a couple of presses to get it to work The PC is a few years old now I built it myself its a K N Pro motherboard Its got an AMD bit processor shrug what else do I need to provide Someone told me it is a driver problem I just reloaded the latest driver from Gigabyte and it hasnt fixed it Someone else said it could be the motherboard on the way out Is this true nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-memory-not-visible.752216/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello, I want to download Visible Body, which was on Komando's Cool Site the other day, but said Active X controls are also included. Are these Active X controls something I want on my machine? Any thoughts ?

A:Visible Body

Active X controls for IE are kind of like addons for firefox. Only download and install Active X controls that you trust. A general rule is, if a site wants to instll an Active X, make sure that it says on the site. If there is no message at all, don't install. As for Visible Body,it is safe to install them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/visible-body.699782/
Relevancy 68.8%

My system details are given below Operating System MS Windows XP Professional not visible Partitions -bit SP CPU Intel Pentium Prescott nm Technology RAM GB Single-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Intel Corporation D GGC Socket Graphics DELL S W x ATI video Intel Hard Drives GB SAMSUNG Partitions not visible SAMSUNG SP N IDE C GB Seagate ST AS SATA C GB Seagate ST AS C Optical Drives ASUS DRW- B S SONY DVD RW DW-G A Audio Realtek High Definition Audio Problem I face I have two XP systems installed one in Disc partition 'C' and another in Disk in partition 'BOOTDRIVE' Primarily I did this to switch over to the other in case of problems with one system Originally in Disk- the first partition - quot bootdrive quot was rendered unusable for quite some time due to some error in the boot sector One of my friends who is a computer technician visited me and I was just presenting the problem of my not using the boot drive due to some error in the boot sector While I was warning him of the danger of losing all the data in other partions by a misadventure he just dabbled with that 'bootdrive' partition After that he could get the unusable partition active but the other partitions named 'J' 'K' and 'L' are clubbed together and it now shows as a free space I have attached two snap shots of the disk management before and after the error Since partitions 'J' utilities 'K' MMedia and 'L' SI RK PSCR not available for me I renamed the 'bootdrive' partition and assigned drive letter J utilities and started putting into that the essential softwares for my day to day use The partition 'L' SI RK PSCR is the partition where the our personal correspondences accounts etc were stored At the time of my installing some of the software such as quick time the message was to quot uninstall the quicktime before installing the new version quot I realized that though the partions were not visible the system was having the record of its existence I trust the partitions are still intact though not visible I could not install atleast half a dozen software until I uninstalled them from the system using quot revo uninstaller quot Even if I am able to get the partition 'L' where our backups and personal correspondences are restored it is enough I would be very much grateful to the forum if some expert guides me to retrieve the partitions I am afraid to give it to a local technicians since most of them are not reliable as the one who had dabbled on my system and created the problem and I would lose all the chances of retrieving the partitions pscraja

A:Partitions not visible

You can try the totally free TestDisk. I have had the best luck with GetDataBack NTFS. You will need another drive of the same size or larger to restore your files to.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/partitions-not-visible-656024.html
Relevancy 68.8%

my dvd drives do not appear in 'my computer', they do appear in systems hardware but are marked as not working, any help please.

A:dvd drive not visible

Do this and they will work again:
in your registry {4D36E96E-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} is located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Class, once you click to that, open it and delete the upper and lower filter keys and reboot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dvd-drive-not-visible-325504.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi... I just sign few documents and still need to sign more.
However went I use Word 2010 use transparent signature here and converted to PDF,
the people find out is digital or whatever name is... so they find out..
What is the best way so this people don't find it is digital ??? is a way or not or need to purchase a software for it....
Hope my question is OK to ask here other wise sorry ... so with the permission of the administrator I ask here.

IF is not appropriated sorry administrators. Thanks in advance..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/visible-signature.1157474/
Relevancy 68.8%

The machine in question is running Windows 7 and the Wireless card is enabled but no networks are visible since the tray icon shows a red X. This is a friends laptop, one of those little power books. It has no external on/off switch for the wireless device. Its properties show the device as working properly.
I know for a fact there are networks available since my machine sees several of them and has perfect internet connectivity.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a good one.

M

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi All, My pc got os crash recently and i have installed the the os again, But this time i am not able to see my hp coolsense and beats audio icon on my pc. Please help me out from this problem. Thanks,Dimpu91.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-coolsense-not-visible-on-pc/td-p/5689185