Windows Support Forum

Need extension in warranty period

Q: Need extension in warranty period

Hi, I need to know that how can i extend my Hp laptop warranty for 2 years as it is about to expire within week. My laptop has already passed three years of warranty period. Please suggest me the procedure or any online link to do the same. thanking you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Need-extension-in-warranty-period/td-p/5653167
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need extension in warranty period

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 36.12%

I have bought JBL Speaker FLIP Model FHP 2 on 14th July 2014 but it worked for only 2 to 2.5 months thereafter not working anymore.
I have taken to SPAR Artee Industrial on 29/09/14 but they are not providing free replacement not they are able to repairs as Charging PIN has spoiled. THe part is not available locally. The JBP Speaker are not working at all now.

Kindly suggest, for the Customer Care Complaints I am unable to find the Customer Care/ Replacement Customer Care / Service Center / Top Management Contact numbers for getting help for repairs / replacement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/jbl-speaker-not-working-in-just-2-months-time-period.206690/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi been awhile since I last posted. In the house we have a desktop and 2 laptops on the go in the house.The desktop is wired internet while the laptops are run on wifi.This worked fine until my isp UPC upgraded my internet speed from 50mb to 120mb.. The desktop and one of the laptops still works fine but the acus laptop has web access for between 20 mins to 45mins before the wifi drops off and becomes limited access. The wifi needs to be renabled to regain access to the wifi which lasts another small while until it gets limited access again.

The laptop specs are:
Acus K53e
Windows 7 home premium 64bit
intel Centrino N100 wifi adapter
Ram 6gig

At the moment its running for 30 mins then wifi cuts off for a few seconds before starting up again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-gets-limited-access-after-period-of-time.201028/
Relevancy 32.68%

I sent my laptop in to be serviced under warranty because the keyboard would not work. was denied service because of water damage but now my screen doesn't work, can someone help

A:My screen won't turn on after service was denied on warranty due to water damage

Water can destroy a laptop or any other electronic device. Chances are that the water sat underneath the keyboard and flowed onto the motherboard where it dried causing corrosion and damaging the motherboard permanently. You could take the laptop to a repair shop and they could give you a repair estimate. Of course, you will have to pay for this repair. If a liquid is spilled on a laptop in the future, immediately open it and turn it upside down. This allows the liquid not to hit and pool on the motherboard, or in a keyboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-screen-wont-turn-on-after-service-was-denied-on-warranty-due-to-water-damage.178774/
Relevancy 34.4%

A few years back I purchased - GB Kingston Value Ram sticks Kingston ValueRAM GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KVR D N K G I used it on an Intel X board that warranty, compatibility... Memory was glitchy finall gave up and swapped it on to an MSI X- board with a Q processor Memory warranty, compatibility... that was glitchy so I scrapped the Memory warranty, compatibility... whole thing and did an I- build Decided to revisit the Q and the Kingston Ram and do a Home Theater build using an Intel DG RK The quot tested ram quot spec for that board calls for volt non ECC ram However when I go Memory warranty, compatibility... on the Kingston website and plug in that motherboard it specifies the ram If I plug in the - GB sticks of that I use in the I- build everything works fine But when I plug in the ram of the GB sticks are accepted by the motherboard and two are rejected with the -beep code When I was running this ram on the previous motherboards they were always glitchy beep codes at startup lock-ups I must have run Memtest times and always showed no errors Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should look for the problem Ram always says quot limited lifetime warranty quot but when I have run Memtest in the past it shows no problems Does anyone have any suggestions about warranty replacement I think that will be a waste of time nbsp

A:Memory warranty, compatibility...

Compare the votages and timings in BIOS against the designed specs of the RAM. Do they match?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-warranty-compatibility.158473/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello everyone I know there are tons of threads period) Dell power unused does (after not up long D505 like this but nothing seem to work for me plus my situation is a little different I got this Dell D505 does not power up (after long unused period) laptop after it lay unused for about a year and all the posts I saw were talking about a laptop that suddenly stopped working Basically it won t turn on Nothing at all happens when I push the power button no fan HDD activity flashing of lights - Nothing The power cable socket seems to be working because when I initially plugged it in the quot charging battery quot light went on and stayed on for a few hours I assume while the battery charged Now it won t turn on when I unplug-plug the power cable but if the power cable is plugged in and I push power while holding Enter it does flash for a moment Things I tried Removing power battery holding power button for seconds Reseating RAM HDD CD-ROM Trying to power up without HDD Disassembling the laptop with the help of a service manual and taking out and plugging in the screen keyboard touchpad connectors removing the heatsink to verify that the CPU is firmly in place and putting it back There seems to be a battery called quot Reserve battery quot - what is it for Maybe it went flat Anyone has any idea what I can try next Thanks nbsp

A:Dell D505 does not power up (after long unused period)

The reserve battery is probably run down. See this link:
http://www.fixya.com/support/t3668833-cmos_battery_located_in_dell_d505

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d505-does-not-power-up-after-long-unused-period.146410/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have two files from my Kodak dig camera that are not recognized by my computer. The properties dialog box shows the File Type as: JP_ File (.JP_).
What is this, and can I change it - if so, how?

A:Unrecognized file extension

I would suggest trying to change the underscore to a "G" as to make it a JPG, really not sure why your camera is saving files in that kind of and extension. Make a backup of the original file before you change the extension.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unrecognized-file-extension.139462/
Relevancy 35.69%

Okay this is a very odd problem What happens exactly is that at what seems a random point of of stops period working time at random Sound time usually long after the computer s Sound stops working at random period of time been turned on though a very loud buzzing and static-y sound will start playing from my speakers or headphones if they re plugged in This goes on for about seconds and then all audio cuts Oddly enough if I even try to play a sound say I press Play on a song in Winamp it won t even play the song at all almost as though it knows the sound won t work If I let a video play there s a big lag time before it starts and then it plays but without sound If I wait long enough usually about minutes the sound comes back I at first thought it might be my speakers considering they re almost years old but when I noticed this would happen to my headphones too I figured it was the sound card My sound card is a Creative SB X-Fi Any other information that you need please just tell me I hope this problem isn t as odd and uncommon as I think it is P All help is greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Sound stops working at random period of time

What are your complete system specs? Have you tried updating the sound card drivers directly from Creative's support site?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-stops-working-at-random-period-of-time.122224/
Relevancy 33.54%

So I was trying to decide if I wanted to upgrade or switch out my Freezone for a high powered Tech liquid cooling system for my setup Just thought if I could mod my freezone but Coolit Freezone I'm warranty voided... happy somehow http coolitsystems com you can find the unit here So heres what the system lacks imo from trial and error increasing my vcore from vs to vs fsb from - changing multiplier CT speedstep enabled disabled -large liquid resevoir -liquid tubing larger than quot -push pull feature since the unit is Coolit Freezone warranty voided... but I'm happy so compact Freezone stock At vcore at cpu stock multiplier and fsb Ghz temp Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Coolit Freezone warranty voided... but I'm happy Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Cidle CFull load Freezone modded At vcore at cpu stock multiplier and fsb Ghz temp Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Cidle CFull load Now for the modification info I purchased high cfm fans I bought them here http www sidewindercomputers com depf drhisp html I replaced the mm fan with one of the new fans on the opposite side of the radiator I placed another Creating a push pull effect To mount the inner most fan I had to remove the liquid pump which actually was a good thing it created more lengh in the loop giving more options in my case to remount the pump When I first bought this unit I was curious to know why I could sometimes here the pump rumbling This unit comes filled with a anti-corrosive liquid that is said to be selfsustaining and not need refilling I should have RMA d it then but I was unknowledgable about water liquid cooling at the time To remedy this i bought more anti-corrosive liquid Went to my local pharmacy picked up some syringes cc units were the only syringes available so I got them anyway I very carefully poured the liquid into the syringe then ever so carefully injected enough liquid to refill the loop which took about fills of the syringe To make sure the loop was air tight I took a lighter and lite a flame maybe a cm from the tubing this sealed the very small whole I made Afterwards i tested the loop for leaks ran the unit for hours There you have it my new and improved unit Working well to date My motherboard cpu options are listed in my sig btw nbsp

A:Coolit Freezone warranty voided... but I'm happy

Might I add, these are only what I did to my unit and the results. They are no way shape or form of any kind of directions*

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/coolit-freezone-warranty-voided-but-im-happy.87492/
Relevancy 30.53%

For a few months now ASUS Smart Doctor has occasionally being popping up telling me my EN GT was too hot and at Degrees they are probably right In a mission to remedy this i decided to by a PCI slot fan This hopefully provide enough fresh air to my graphics card which only has a large passive cooling heat sink anyway enough about that time for the question I have bought a Antec VCool http www antec com usa productDetails php lan us amp id One of the more expensive items fans of this sought from a friend Sadly he has used it for about a week as a trial and threw away the box D so i wont have in instruction manual HOW DO I INSTALL SOMETHING LIKE THE VCOOL INTO MY EXPANSION SLOTS Thankyou PS The site does have an installation guide but the most it mentions is Fasten the VCool to the PCI expansion slot right next to your VGA card nbsp

A:Installing Computer PCI Extension Slot Fans

The slot fan assembly installs just like any PCI card. I personally don't like to use them, but they just might work for your situation

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-computer-pci-extension-slot-fans.121937/
Relevancy 31.82%

hi there,

my computer is currently running on a 1gb ram chip and i have slots for more ram can i put a 2gb ram in one of the extension slots and have the computer running on 3gb of ram? i have heard the chips have to be identical but i was not sure.

A:2GB extension to 1GB ram?

no issues - as long as you're using a modern mb and you're wearing brown pants. otherwise, check the board manual.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2gb-extension-to-1gb-ram.119180/
Relevancy 30.96%

The BT Business Hub is providing WiFi to a part of the hotel where I am working. I have bought 2 Netgear RangeMax wiireless routers with a view to extending the range via CAT5 cabling to other parts of the hotel.
My problem is that I don't know what to configure to make it happen.
The IP address of the BT hub is 192.168.1.254 subnet mask 255.255.255.0
default gateway for the server computer, which is attached to the BT hub is 192.168.1.254
I can log on wirelessly to the RangeMax and make the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway anything I want.
Can anyone tell me what I have to configure a) on the RangeMax and b) on the BT Business hub to make a guest in the far reaches of the hotel only log on to the wireless network that I decide (the one which doesn't give access to the hotel network drives!)

Thanks in advance

A:BT Business Hub - extension to Netgear Rangemax

I take it you have TWO access points and want only one to be used publicly.

On the public AP, set an easy to recognize SSID and no encryption.

On the private, set a different SSID, add encryption and consider not broadcasting
the SSID.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bt-business-hub-extension-to-netgear-rangemax.115426/
Relevancy 34.4%

After years of building PCs for friends and family I purchased a Dell Vostro 410 for work as it was a good deal.

Anyway as things happen, the jack pin from the speaker system broke off leaving the end in the pc.

Try as I might I could not pull it out and ended up drilling out really carefully. Unfortunately now cannot use the onboard sound and have installed a pci sound card.

From what I can see, there is no evidence of my abuse and I have paid for 4yr warranty, should I come clean and get a new mobo or just keep quiet?

Ta

A:Have I voided my dell warranty

well if u are going to try warranty, do not tell them what u did, and I may get banned for saying that. if the pci card is working just keep quiet and use it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-i-voided-my-dell-warranty.114177/
Relevancy 37.41%

Okay it s been a while since I ve posted a problem Won't Period. OC. Q6600 and I hope Q6600 Won't OC. Period. I can communicate it properly lol The Hardware - Mobo Gigabyte EP -DS L - Mobo Abit FP-IN Fatal ty - CPU Q6600 Won't OC. Period. Intel Core Quad Q - GPU ATi Radeon HD - RAM GB OCZ DDR - PSU W Forgot brand I ll add it if I remember More Detail - Chipset Intel P Gigabyte board - Chipset nVIDIA Abit Fatal ty board - OS Windows Vista Ultimate x - Cooling Zalman NT Tagan El Diablo Frigga-huge fan on the site D The Issue At Hand Well it s pretty simple I can t get it to boot overclocked not at all - on either of these boards each of which has been touted for easy overclocking on a budget I m not a newbie to Overclocking but I AM a newbie to overclocking Intel chips A previous AMD Fanboy I ve been told and have always assumed that it s the same idea I gave up a month ago when it just didn t work but now it just sits there with that giant Zalman and the mm case fan doing nothing but look cool Which they do excellently What I ve already tried pretty much comprises what s worked for me in the past raise the clock speed in increments raise voltages marginally and or lower the clock and raise the multiplier Every time no matter how minimal the change was my computer failed to post but instead beeps violently yes violently on both boards forcing me to clear the cmos and start over Thankfully the Gigabyte does this automatically Is it possible my chip may just be non-OC-able for some odd reason The NV BIOS menu said it was unlocked or something like that Remember it was over a month ago Any help would be appreciated The Short and mandatory silly Version Meh Q runs great at GHz but phailzors at GHz Not kidding a speed increase of MHz causes BIOS beeps and I gotta clear the cmos nbsp

A:Q6600 Won't OC. Period.

Have you tried disabling C1E, or does your BIOS even support that? Make sure you've unlinked the FSB and RAM speeds, that would cause some problems for sure. On my board, I have my Q6600 at a solid 3Ghz on 1.25 vcore, so don't push the volts up too far. You could try dropping the multiplier and pushing the FSB speed up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/q6600-wont-oc-period.111969/
Relevancy 36.98%

I currently own three Computers, all of which are differant ages but are all Windows XP's. One is slow, one is kind of fast, and the other doesn't work. The one that doesn't work is because the monitor is dead. Me and my Grandma made sure all of the plug-ins were in the proper places, and the Monitor just doesn't turn on! The computer starts up and I can see the main computer light turn on, it's running just fine. There is the start-up sound, and you can hear noise from it. But you can't see anything out of it. The monitor light doesn't even turn on! Does anybody have a solution to this?

A:Dead Screen. Period.

You have three PCs. Can you try another monitor from one of the other PCs? If it works, it would be a good bet the original monitor is dead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dead-screen-period.107438/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi thanks for reading I have a down of shuts a Computer after period time really weird problem with my PC which Computer shuts down after a period of time I built myself at the end of last year It worked fine until some months ago when I was playing Call of Duty the frame rate dropped drastically I play it all High smoothly with an XFX GT I thought it strange but expected it to stop in a few moments but after a few seconds the whole computer shut off This had never happened before so thinking it was some random error I switched it on went off for awhile and when I came back it was off once more I started it up again only to have it shut off by itself again after some booting Desperate this repeated for a couple of times till I opened the casing cover checked everything was connected closed the casing and started it up However this time I had left my computer tower lying on the floor instead of it standing straight up as it was previously Strangely it didn t shut off This works until now- a day ago I stood the tower straight up while it was on It didn t turn off for a long time about an hour or so then it shut off So now it s lying on the floor again Please help if you can I have no idea what s happening I do have some other problems with my PC since I am a completely amateur to PC building and was rather surprised to find my rig works the first time after assembly but I m sure that they re not related to this I m thinking it s a cooling problem but I ve no idea where to begin Specs Asus P K Pro mobo Intel Core Quad Q x GB Corsair DDR MHz PC - XFX GT XXX Edition Ac Bel W ATX PSU Centurion CAC-T Casing EDIT My mobo included some AI Suite that allows me to view the CPU s temperature When the case is lying down it s about - C not under load But when I stand the case upright it rises to C and I immediately lie the case down because I don t dare let it go any higher Upon checking the CPU Heatsink Fan all screws connected it to the mobo were loose I screwed them tightly but the above situation happened again although it was a tad slower to happen I removed the CHF and checked out the CPU- there was some melted stuff on it so I assume it s the thermal paste So what is wrong with it Should I buy another heatsink fan or what nbsp

A:Computer shuts down after a period of time

Hey there Beanbag

Yea it might be an overheating problem but its not to say.... your graphics card could be overheating or even the processor.... It could also be that your PSU is giving in....

Everest home Edition - good program to test your temperature and also gives you other valuable system information....

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Everest-Home-Edition-Download-16369.html#download_locations

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shuts-down-after-a-period-of-time.106826/
Relevancy 34.83%

I contacted Asus support for warranty claims for a friend as his motherboard was faulty and was within the warranty period. But there was no response might be the email on which I contacted was wrong in a similar case Intel had given a very prompt response can some one tell me where can I get the contact info as the email given on their website was non responsive.

A:How to claim warranty

The case I referred to was from India so some contact email where I can contact here,
I raised this thread because when I went to the shopkeeper it was very very difficult for me to make him understand the BSOD ,STOP screen error which after reading memory dump I came at a conclusion was a motherboard error and the service personal in India at Priya were not convinced even though I had changed motherboard so I wanted to know the procedure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-claim-warranty.99403/
Relevancy 29.67%

Spent a good while "chatting" w/ NewEgg & Seagate - India about OEM vs "Retail" hard drives.

NewEgg clearly states on their site that many "OEM" Seagate internal drives drives have 5 yr parts & labor "Manufacturer's Warranty" (on the specific HDD specs page).

Seagate - India, tells me that drives designated as OEM will NOT have any warranty (or support) honored by Seagate to the end user.

For those w/ experience in this, what's the actual truth about OEM drives & warranties, from NewEgg or any other E-tailer?

A:Warranty difference OEM hard drive vs "Retail"

OEM you have to go by what the Manufacturer of company says as they're the one going to help you out. So OEM drives if you buy them from a vendor at a computer show they'll replacement for free. The vendor not the Manufacturer company. HDDs I just buy them wholesale and still get the protection from the manufacture. Unless NewEgg is going to protect after 5 years down the line, but you'll have to get that in writting..

Retail - Price is higher unless you get it on clearance then it would be the same price of OEM but you get protection

OEM - Price is cheaper low overhead
OEM - no hardware brackets
OEM - no retail box
OEM - no manual
OEM - no warranty (unless you a PC repair shop of PC vendor since you would buy in blunk)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/warranty-difference-oem-hard-drive-vs-retail.86123/
Relevancy 35.26%

if i remove the heat Spreader off of the ram and put a diff. one on with that mess up my Warranty.

A:Ram Warranty

sorry for posting this, i just found the info i needed, and again sorry for the post. google is my new best friend

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-warranty.82558/
Relevancy 30.96%

Am I posting in wrong forum I ll try not to make new threads but I ve been searching for a while now it s hard to browse the pages and I m in hurry because my comp might die any second Do you know any Swedish forum similar to techspot Well I m Swedish I still have a AGP system and the day before yesterday the comp didn t start because it said I haven t connected the Power extension cable I tried over and over again but it was the same I opened the comp and reconnected all cables even if all seemed alright The comp worked another day Yesterday evening it happened again This time in Windows XP Power cable extension issue The screen started to flicker and a warning message said some ATI driver was missing But it was because of the Power extension cable again I reconnected all the cables but the comp still claimed about the Power extension cable over and over again I gaved up and went to bed Hopeless In the morning today I unplugged all extra stuff like sensors Power extension cable issue and leeds for the case and I replaced the cables so there was no other stuff on the same cable Well then the comp didn t start because the CPU was unworkable quot check CPU soft menu quot Ok but I saw nothing wrong in there and PC health looked good But the CPU was still unworkable Back to the CPU soft menu I saw nothing wrong except I knew that I changed it for many months ago because I didn t want it to be overclocked It was set to MHz GHz before and I changed to MHz GHz This time I changed back to MHz GHz And the comp worked again That was weird And now I m Power extension cable issue sitting here trying to make a technical post in english LOL The issue is quite unexpected even it have happend once a long time ago Now I m afraid that my comp will get broken anytime maybe next time I restart it Please tell if you ve had similar problem What do Power extension cable issue you think is broken The power supply the mobo or the AGP card I have no technical data about my computer available but there s a list at the bottom of the page in my Xfire profile Ok I WILL upgrade soon but then I need a functional comp so I can order some new stuff And of course it s in the end of the week rolleyes nbsp

A:Power extension cable issue

might be the monitor

No replies :/
Ok... Actually I've had no problem since I changed the settings in BIOS
and it's very weird. I've still bought a new power supplie, a Hiper 580W.
I'll install it later I hope it's good ...and quiet enough. The first step in
the upgrade process :dead:

Why I couldn't start my comp and why it said the power extension
cable wasn't connected... Here's what I think, even I'm not a pro.
Sometimes I switched off my old Nokia monitor while the comp was
working a long time during defrag, virus scan and more, because I
thought it will decrease the lifetime and because the screensaver
didn't always work as it should. I think something happend to the
BIOS because the monitor wasn't on... ​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-extension-cable-issue.61718/
Relevancy 36.12%

I left my computer on over night and when i came back and tried to use it, the computer wouldn't respond. My first thought was to just move the mouse and bring it back but nothing happened. I turned it off by pushing the power button and restart the computer but nothing happened when i turned it back on!! No splash screen no BIOS or POST beeps.

I tried unplugging the Hard drive and powering it up but i got no error beeps.
So i took the RAM out and powered up again and got the error beep i was looking for. SO...do you guys think its the RAM that went bad?

*i did try to switch the RAM to a different slot but i had the same problem not beeps, no POST. (the computer is relatively new; How could the RAM just die like that?)

A:Computer no longer works after period of inactivity

Please use proper thread titles.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-no-longer-works-after-period-of-inactivity.61575/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello I have a P Ghz processor in my computer that I risk and warranty...should overclock? I take I this got got from futureshop with a year extended warranty plan on all hardware and labour So basically the only thing they dont cover is the software Now my question is should I take the risk of overclocking it to achieve the highest speed possible And if it gets toasted because I never overclocked before I will just take it to futureshop to have it replaced OR do you think they wont buy the trick and automatically know I overcloked and burned it ALSO Will this have ANY negative effect on my other hardwares such as ATI Redeon ram or DVD drive like burning it or anything SO If you think this is a great apportianity for a first timer to screw around and possiblt get a brand new pc replacement please refer me or tell a detailed guide on how to overclock I will surely I got warranty...should I take this risk and overclock? update the progress if it gets going Thanks P S I got warranty...should I take this risk and overclock? Is there any other way aside from overclocking and possibly burning the CPU to burn a hardware such as motherboard without a technician knowing it was completely delibrate lol nbsp

A:I got warranty...should I take this risk and overclock?

Dude, 2.5 GHz is pretty fast. Don't overclock. They may take the trick, but its against the law to do that, you could be in prison for a max of 3 yrs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-got-warranty-should-i-take-this-risk-and-overclock.55175/
Relevancy 36.98%

My pc randomly reboots itself after a period of time. It usually happens when Im running about 3-4 IE browsers, AIM, and Outlook Express for a while. i thought it was my overclocked CPU that was the problem, so i disabled over heat turn-off in the BIOS. Could there be errors in my registry?

Athlon 2500+ XP overclocked to 3400+ (42 C at rest)
Abit NF7-S2 Motherboard

A:PC Reboots itself after being on for a period of time

That processor is seriously overclocked.

Overclocking reduces the lifespan of the hard ware and also overclocks the RAM and PCI bus, so have you tried not overclocking the system?

There is no point in turning off the overheating monitor in the BIOS if the processor isn't overheating, which it doesn't appear to be doing if its temperature is only 42 degrees.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-reboots-itself-after-being-on-for-a-period-of-time.45699/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi all
My friends got a 15 min video files what he want to watch, but it's been split into 3 part. The extension for each part is .ram.001 .ram.002 and .ram.003
He ask me if there is a program out there that can join these three, I don't know but I hope techspot can help me out on this.
Many thanks

A:Is there a video joiner for this file extension???

Try winRAR or mastersplitter.
Both should be free and easily attainable.

I THINK .ram is a Real player extension.. dunno cause I can't stand Real.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-a-video-joiner-for-this-file-extension.41964/
Relevancy 37.41%

Gaming LCD's

I am wondering what the best lcd monitor for gaming is. I am hooking this up to dual 7800 gt's and want to take advantage of this by buying a premium monitor. I know that for gaming lower response time is better and that native resolution should be relatively high, any help would be appreciated. By the way, im looking to spend around $500.

A:The BEST gaming lcd...period

For $500 you could easily buy any high-end 17" LCD. And for 19", $500 will get you a pretty good one, if not a great one. LCD prices are changing so rapidly.

But if you get a 19", make sure it suits some basic things first, like the type of connection. Is it DVI? Does it match your vid card outputs? Getting a digital signal is the first thing to look for. Then make sure it handles your favorite resolution. For 19" this would be like 1280x1024 or even 1600x1200.
After this, the best thing to do is find a site that runs comparisons on LCDs. Select the 3 to 5 or so that you like best and compare side to side. You'll see who has quicker response times, brighter picture, more features etc...
PCWorld has such comparrisons, check tomshardware.com, then just do some googling.

Couldn't say what is the "BEST..period". Some people would say only CRTs can be the best.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-best-gaming-lcd-period.41292/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hey guys I guess I m back somehow I ve been missing in action from the computer scene for a good deal of time now I m thinking about getting a job at Fry s Best Buy Circuit City etc but in the computer department I went MIA from the computer scene around when we started getting the AMD or so and when the Radeon XT s started coming out So what a computer of components over period Progression of time I m trying to find out is what Progression of computer components over a period of time new technologies have been introduced since then What are the newer and hotter video cards mobos processors and even audio devices out on the market and perhaps which are better performing if at all not benchmarks but for example a P gt Celeron I see all these new video cards and processors and it just makes my head spin If anyone could just list what s come out since then and the new cards out and any new technology that d be very sweet I d appreciate it Appologizies if in the wrong forum I tried to fit it best nbsp

A:Progression of computer components over a period of time

i cant believe i dissed Intels

Well first off, i guess i should introduce myself...so hello

I think some technologies that are big now...

SLi-Nivida dual card tech (think PCI express) ..and ATI's answer to it (crossfire?)
Dual Core CPUS (plus the fact that the prescott core is terrible)
SATA drives (3g is the newest that is)

and o yea..blue neon lights..just kidding

sean

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/progression-of-computer-components-over-a-period-of-time.35174/
Relevancy 30.1%

Well the backlight is going dim on the quot LCD screen on our Sony Vaio PCG-FXA I have been using a quot CRT as a nd monitor on it in dual screen mode for a year or so Decided to try to clean up desk extension monitor won't 17" Vaio Laptop LCD install Sony space and only run a quot Samsung N LCD on it and disable the built in screen But with that Samsung N I have had to install it with the CD in all my workstations we have a bunch of them SO I tried to install the Monitor inf files in safe mode and normal mode But the machine will not install the CD tells me there is an error The Sony Vaio Laptop won't install 17" LCD extension monitor Laptop has been cleaned Sony Vaio Laptop won't install 17" LCD extension monitor out of all Sony Vaio Laptop won't install 17" LCD extension monitor the Sony garbage and reformatted and XP Pro installed with just the Sony drivers needed to operate it like the ATI Rage Mobility drivers etc It runs great xcept for this issue I will get the quot screen fixed soon but still intend to run a nd monitor on it guess I have become spoiled with multimonitors forver now I can t just hook up the Monitor and let Win try to find drivers for it because it will be a blank screen and can t see in the built in screen to navigate menus Anyone have any ideas how to get this accomplished nbsp

A:Sony Vaio Laptop won't install 17" LCD extension monitor

a friend of mine had a sony vaio desktop and the standard copy of windows xp pro just wouldn't work right, he had usb problems as well as video problems. sony can make good stereos and tv's but thier computers leave a lot to be desired. a standard copy of windows will usually work on a dell, HP, or IBM though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-laptop-wont-install-17-lcd-extension-monitor.20689/
Relevancy 31.39%

Okay. im having quite a problem here, i have a gforce 4mx 420 with driver version 27.42, on WinXP pro, and on my desktop my mouse point seems to dissappear once i move it to the right side of my monitor, i have my monitors drivers updated, how can i fix this? i can move my mouse pointer up down left and it stops on the border, but when i move it to the right the mouse pointer keeps going past the width of the screen... please help.

okay heres a screeny, http://www.geocities.com/dirtysecretchris/index.html

see how its larger than my screen size. in my desktop i can only see the distance from the explorer screen, but after that i dont see anything at all, yet in screen shots is showing the winxp logo which i dont see at all. also why do some pictures show those bright pink dots? anyone having these same problems?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-extension.1365/
Relevancy 31.39%

I recently recorded 80 minutes of TV on the hard drive of my DVD player/recorder. I then copied it onto USB stick and plugged it into a laptop. The file format is .ts and size is 6.7gB. Is there an application I can use to open the .ts file, and then save in a different format. 6.7gB is ridiculously large for 80 minutes of video.

A:Change file extension

Changing the extension portion of the name never alters the contents nor changes the file size.

save in a different formatClick to expand...

most likely you need a utility which can convert to another movie format.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-file-extension.194742/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi, i can't remember add-on that i used to customize my Firefox. I remember that i found that add-on on some forum, and when i downloaded it, it redirected me to some web page or something like that where i could customize everything (color, background, tab look and icons, back, forward icons...) It was really good add on, and now i cant find it. I thought maybe someone here knows the name of that addon i really want this addon i cant find it anywhere. I looked on Firefox web page, but theres only full theme packs.

A:Firefox addon/extension

Firefox 3.6 Support with version Live Writerfox 0.5 has been added, it should be soon on Firefox add-ons site, otherwise it is always on this page..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-addon-extension.144999/
Relevancy 29.67%

I often have photos from my phone or screen shots saved on my desktop I need to upload to any free image hosting website. I've heard of Imgur Uploader but it sounds like it only works on images already on the web. Is there any other programs I could use, preferably a Firefox addon or plugin?

A:Extension or add on for Firefox that takes an image from computer and uploads to hosting site

Jskid said:

I often have photos from my phone or screen shots saved on my desktop I need to upload to any free image hosting website. I've heard of Imgur Uploader but it sounds like it only works on images already on the web. Is there any other programs I could use, preferably a Firefox addon or plugin?Click to expand...

I don't know of any addon/plugin to do such, but you can sign up (free) at http://photobucket.com/
where you'll be able to upload photos from your computer (not sure about phone) .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extension-or-add-on-for-firefox-that-takes-an-image-from-computer-and-uploads-to-hosting-site.193188/
Relevancy 31.39%

I need to convert WAV's to Mp3's easily and quickly.
Does anyone have a suggestion?

A:Need a music extension converter

There are hundreds of them described in a Google search.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-music-extension-converter.139245/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi everyone..

Does anyone know which type of program open file with the "tpb" extension?

A:Program to open TPB extension files!!

TPB is a file extension associated with GROMACS Portable Binary Run Input files:

Reading: http://www.gromacs.org/documentation/reference/online/tpb.html

It is also: .tpb Downloadable PCL Soft font file backup (HiJaak):
http://www.hallogram.com/hijaakpro/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/program-to-open-tpb-extension-files.93402/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi sir,

i got one image file with extension of .CT. how to open that file. and how to convert that ct image file to jpg file. which software is to be used to open that ct image file. Please tell me.

Regards,

Sathish.

A:.CT extension

Lots of info here: http://filext.com/file-extension/CT

It's likely either:

Continuout Tone TIFF Bitmap
Iris CT Graphic
Scitex CT Handshake Continuous-Tone Bitmap

The link above has all this info, and applications that can be used to view it with

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ct-extension.127439/
Relevancy 31.39%

Tried to open a .uif file with MagicIso w/o sucess. Tried UltraIso and a number of others. Tried mounting w/o luck. Renamed the extension and got no where. Is there a program that can tell me how a pgm is compressed? Thanks.

A:.uif file extension

Very strange.

Magiciso should be able to open it.

Regards Jase

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/uif-file-extension.88896/
Relevancy 31.39%

Why are all my files have extension? what does this mean? virus? please help

A:Files extension

It probably just means that you changed a setting called "hide file extension for known file types" in the my computer options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/files-extension.191269/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello recently my laptop Dell Inspiron running WinXP Media Edition s been failing it freezes anywhere from ten seconds to five minutes after I log in I m unable to install an antivirus because the laptop freezes during installation Safe Mode seems to be well safer although even so it has frozen I m unable to install the antivirus Kaspersky in Safe Mode because Windows Installer is disabled and none of the of short freezes Laptop after a time period solutions I ve found Laptop freezes after a short period of time online seem to do the trick And I suspect that even if i could get the installer to work it d freeze halfway through anyway I have no idea what s causing the freezing it might not even be a virus at all I ve noticed that the laptop always freezes at the quot Copying new files quot stage of the Kaspersky installation although whether that has something to do with my own timing or that procedure I can t guess Also the time that the computer did freeze in Safe Mode I was attempting to rename a file The computer is completely frozen Num Lock Scroll Lock can t be activated deactivated the mouse doesn t move etc I can t even shut down without either pulling the plug out or holding onto the power button nbsp

A:Laptop freezes after a short period of time

That model has been out for about three years? How long have you had your Inspiron 6400?

We need to know the configuration, including hard drive size, brand, free space, as well as memory installed.

It could be that the CPU cooling is too full of dust, hair, fiber, etc. to cool adequately... or that the hard drive is failing, or that you have inadequate memory. But it could simply be an infestation that needs to be cleaned out.

Have you tried re-enabling Windows Installer? Have you attempted to use MalwareBytes, SuperAntispyware, ComboFix, Windows Defender, Spy Sweeper, Spyware Doctor, or other top-flite spyware detectors and removers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezes-after-a-short-period-of-time.135743/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello On and off I ve been having a problem with my keyboard where it will sometimes decide not to work My friend suggested that I check to see if the USB port was the problem behind it So I went into the Device Manager to take a peek for a faulty USB port but instead discovered that the quot Plug and Play BIOS Extension quot had a yellow exclamation mark on it When I had a look at the device status on it it said quot Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code quot I have no idea what to do about this I m not a techie person so I m really lost On a side note this problem has also occurred with my mouse And for the previous times that I had to deal with this problem I just simply plugged the keyboard mouse into another USB port and it worked fine after 39 - Code Play Extension and BIOS Plug that However I just Plug and Play BIOS Extension - Code 39 want to get this problem resolved it s starting to worry me I would greatly appreciate any help given nbsp

A:Plug and Play BIOS Extension - Code 39

Hi Meilei

Have a look at this page from Microsoft, it's quite long but just scroll down to the entry for Code 39.

support.microsoft.com/kb/310123

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plug-and-play-bios-extension-code-39.114424/
Relevancy 30.96%

I had a picture sent to me with the extension .enx at the end. Named like "picture.jpg.enx" I tried acdsee, adobe CS2 and paint but none will open it...can't seem to find anything myself. I tried dropping the .enx and it won't open. Tried changing it to .jpg, won't open. It's also a very large picture, and a professional image. It's about 8meg as well.....I'd really like to see this picture, can somebody suggest a program that will open it? Thanks all.

A:Image with file extension .enx what opens it ?

I`ve just looked up the .enx extension and THIS is what I`ve come up with. I don`t know if it`ll help though.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/image-with-file-extension-enx-what-opens-it.65683/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi there I just made a mistake that I would like to correct but I am not sure how to do it I installed an activex extension called quot mozactivex-ff- xpi quot that came from Yahoo com in order to be remove extension? FF How an to invisible able to play video from that site But I did so thinking that I would be able to disable the extension as soon as I was finished watching the video that I wanted to see But a the extension does not show up in the Extensions window and b trying to open the video crashed FF and I had to restart it So how can I undo my mistake and completely remove this ActiveX control The install log reads like this ActiveX Plugin version -------------- File found msvcrt dll File found msvcp dll File found msvcp dll Installing C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugins npmozax dll Installing C Program Files Mozilla Firefox components nsIMozAxPlugin xpt Installing C Program Files Mozilla Firefox components nsAxSecurityPolicy js Installing C Program Files Mozilla Firefox defaults pref activex js Install completed successfully How do I reverse what I have done I have a feeling that I can t simply delete the dll without unregistering it first but I don t know how to do that Thanks nbsp

A:How to remove an invisible FF extension?

billyellis said:

Hi there,

I just made a mistake that I would like to correct, but I am not sure how to do it.

How do I reverse what I have done? I have a feeling that I can't simply delete the .dll without unregistering it first, but I don't know how to do that.

Thanks.Click to expand...

Hi

From this site I found the following instructions,

http://www.myfilehut.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159

Should you want to uninstall the ActiveX plugin, the process is simple - only four files need to be manually deleted from the Firefox program folder.
Close all instances of Firefox
Go to the Firefox program folder (the location you installed Firefox to). The default location in Windows is 'C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\'
Go into the plugins folder and delete the file 'npmozax.dll'
Go back to the Firefox program folder, and then go into the components folder, and delete the files 'nsIMozAxPlugin.xpt' & 'nsAxSecurityPolicy.js'.
Go back to the Firefox program folder, and then go into the defaults\pref folder, and delete the file 'activex.js'.

Any help ??

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-remove-an-invisible-ff-extension.61431/
Relevancy 30.53%

A friend of mine gave me some videos for me to burn from the USB stick he gave me, I usually just convertXtoDVD for avi conversion but this media file extension I had no idea how to use, i tried to use convertXtoDVD but it made it into a ISO file, which is what I do not need, anyone can tell me what program that just burns the file into a blank dvd? or do i have to convert it or something?

Screenshot:

A:What DVD burner do I need to burn this Video file extension?

so, whats the extension?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-dvd-burner-do-i-need-to-burn-this-video-file-extension.110994/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have been looking forever on how to get this to work but I need to be able to open a .000, .001., 002., ect. file and view what's inside it. I cannot figure this out. It's for an old video game favorite of mine called War Wind, and I need to be able to view the things inside the .00* files so I can make a mod for it. I have tried winrar, and 7-zip but with no success. I keep getting the "damaged archive" message when I try to open it. Any ideas on how I can view the files inside these? Thank you in advance.

A:.000 file extension?

According to Filext:

(000, 010, 020, 030, etc.) Advanced Revelation Database File> Revelation Software> http://www.revsoft.co.uk/

That's the program that wrote the files. It looks like the Revelation ODBC Driver provides read only access to OpenInsight's native database: http://www.revsoft.co.uk/products.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/000-file-extension.110413/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have just been to Powerquests website to view some demonstration videos. They claim that the videos are "easy to view".To give you an example I went to http://www.powerquest.com/support/primus/id2166.cfm and when you hover the mouse over one of the tutorials, the file has a .snt extension. If u click on it, it brings the download box up. The one I downloaded was only a 576k zip file, but it unzips to 5700k! with an extension of file extension of .snt. So much for the "easy viewing" Have they never heard of .avi or .wma? Many thanks Chris

A:What app opens files with a .snt extension?

I did a search for it on google but I found all sorts of results, sent mail files, template files, the works. Here, Windows doesn't appear to know what it is either. And, I can't find what it says on any of those two links.
My reccomendation would be to emailing the PowerQuest support staff and asking them what it is. It may be an error that they have to fix, or it could open with a program they made.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-app-opens-files-with-a-snt-extension.1721/
Relevancy 30.96%

This morning I switched my pc on and TuneUp Utilities notified me that one of the system devices may not be working properly. I checked the device manager and saw an exclamation mark next to the 'pnp bios extension' device. I double clicked it and this was the message in the device status box:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

I tried updating the driver but I got the following message: "The wizard could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed"

Ideas anyone?

A:My 'PnP BIOS Extension' device may be corrupt

Do you have Daemon Tools or Alcohol 12%.
http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f14/pnp-bios-extension-9384/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pnp-bios-extension-device-may-be-corrupt.172124/
Relevancy 27.09%

My MOBO is ASUS P P Deluxe I just recently flashed my BIOS to shows fix?? "!" BIOS under 'System Devices'...how Extension' 'Plug-N-Play to the latest BETA version from the German ASUS FTP site in order to correct my compatibility issues detecting my GB Maxtor SATA drive All was perfect until I tried to connect my mobile phone via USB and something went wrong and it wouldn t detect properly The phone does however show up under USB devices as MOTOROLA USB MODEM like it 'Plug-N-Play BIOS Extension' shows "!" under 'System Devices'...how to fix?? did in the past So I don t know what s the problem and don t know how related this issue is but then I saw that under System Devices there is Plug-N-Play BIOS Extension listed twice First one is fine second one shows an exclamation mark and under properties it says that there is some corruption in the registry or something I don t like exclamation marks anywhere under Device Manager I hope someone can tell 'Plug-N-Play BIOS Extension' shows "!" under 'System Devices'...how to fix?? me how to fix this Do I look for a driver And if so which one and where Is this device suppose to be listed twice Maybe I should just try removing it nbsp

A:'Plug-N-Play BIOS Extension' shows "!" under 'System Devices'...how to fix??

Click on update driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plug-n-play-bios-extension-shows-under-system-devices-how-to-fix.19936/
Relevancy 31.39%

I am wanting to install some drivers I downloaded from the HP site. The extension to these are .depot Does anyone know the application that created this extension?

A:HP drivers download extension

thoes files are to be used with hp's own oem software for implementation on computers undergoing a 'quick' restore operation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-drivers-download-extension.25777/
Relevancy 30.53%

I hope someone can understand this. My problem..
I use Alcohol 120% and have the remains of a virtual drive left over on my PC, Device Manager recognises it as plug and play bios extension with a configuration problem. Driver details as follows.. Device Instance Id is ROOT\SYSTEM\0003, Hardware Ids is root\a348bus and Service is a348bus. I can't find it to save my life and desperately want to get rid of it as on startup it always recognises new hardware. I have looked in the drivers folders etc. I do have another valid driver/extension for an Alcohol virtual drive though, listed as vax347b by the way. Any help is appreciated.

A:Problematic Plug and Play BIOS Extension...help?

Search the system registry for this a384bus string and delete all the entries.
The driver details ought to tell you the driver file too. Delete it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problematic-plug-and-play-bios-extension-help.48570/
Relevancy 30.96%

Came across an interresting issue today.

You know how normally when you type a file name such as "regedit" it will open "regedit.exe".
Or "cmd" opens "cmd.exe" or "notepad" opens "notepad.exe".

Well what do you suppose it means when you type a name but it adds ".com" instead? So if you click start-run and type "regedit", it tries to open "regedit.com" instead of EXE.
Note that you can type the full filename regedit.exe or whatever, and it opens fine, but the default extension turns to .COM somehow. Not sure what that means.

So how do you tell Windows to look for EXE instead of COM when typing a filename?

A:Default executable file extension?

If there are files with both .com and .exe, by default Windows will first try the .com version.
Some trojans and other ilk 'drop' a .com version for an existing .exe program, thus effectively stopping the .exe from functionning when called without extension.

.com programs are generally smaller as well, and could call up their big .exe brother, so it's a bit of hit and miss.
When in doubt, Google both versions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/default-executable-file-extension.36051/
Relevancy 36.55%

I'm receiving a BSOD into about 1 - 2 hours of gaming.

BlueScreenView reports the error as:

Bug Check Code: 0x00000124

Caused by driver hal.dll,
Caused By Address hal.dll+ 37213, ntoskrnl.exe+1c5f2d

Is this Hardware related, Graphics Card perhaps? I'm also constantly getting atikmdag.sys and atikmpag.sys crashes but am not sure if that is related to the BSOD in question.

A:BSOD after long gaming period.

Follow the instructions here> Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-after-long-gaming-period-995730.html
Relevancy 30.53%

It's called NeeXtCoup and is an extension in Chrome It showed up a few days ago with another Malware extension that I can't remember now I was trying Chrome Malware returning keeps on NeeXtCoup Extension to download at the Major League Baseball website a viewer to see a game All I got was malware Both hijacked my NeeXtCoup Malware Extension keeps returning on Chrome Google listings with their phony listings taking up the top half of the page It also on some websites inserts ads The malware that I can't remember clearly said quot Ad's by quot Neither were listed in my programs list I went to the date when I downloaded and deleted all that I downloaded that day Some of what it downloaded listed on the same day but in the year Pretty sneaky Initially it they attached to Chrome Firefox and IE I managed to get them deleted off of Firefox and IE successfully by going to Add-on's and deleting them However when I do the same on Chrome the NeeXtCoup shows back up a few hours later I've tried disabling it and deleting it It always comes back on it's own and activates itself I deleted Chrome completely restarted my computer then downloaded Chrome again Sure enough NeeXtCoup was there again on the NeeXtCoup Malware Extension keeps returning on Chrome new Chrome in extensions I've run SpyBot and Junkware Removal programs without success I've gone on Safe Mode and NeeXtCoup Malware Extension keeps returning on Chrome looked at all the RegEdit registries and can't find it But I'm no expert either and could have not recognized it Anyone come across this little bugger Any ideas how I can kill it off I'm not super skilled but can follow directions if you could tell me how or where to look Thanks in Advance

A:NeeXtCoup Malware Extension keeps returning on Chrome

Anyone can help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/neextcoup-malware-extension-keeps-returning-on-chrome-868074.html
Relevancy 30.1%

It keeps reappearing in Chrome after I remove the extension. Other forums say I need to remove it from All Programs, but it isn't there! There is something called "PremiumStrength" that I don't recognise, but it won't let me remove that...

A:How do I remove the Sale Plus adware extension from Chrome and from my computer?

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:

Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
Never run more than one scan at a time.
Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-remove-the-sale-plus-adware-extension-from-chrome-and-from-my-computer.211403/
Relevancy 31.39%

Evereytime I open Chrome the extension uniidealse gets added to my list of extensions and it stops other extensions from working properly Can't extension get on of rid chrome UniiDEalSe It is very similar to another problem I found on this forum http www techspot com community topics malware-fake-websites-for-google-searches-etc Can't get rid of UniiDEalSe extension on chrome so I followed the trouble shooting options until the point of running combofix where I got stuck because I can t stop symantec endpoint cloud from running its antispyware so combofix says I will have to continue at my own risk I tried to turn off symantec before I started combofix but the only option available is to disable to antivirus or the firewall but some features remain turned on no matter what you do I followed the link about conflicting programs http www bleepingcomputer com for nti-virus-firewall-and-anti-malware-programs the part it lists about symantec is outdated and when I googled how to turn it off all that comes up is more outdated information about other people who can t turn their antispyware on I ve looked through all the options on the window that comes up and I can t end the task in taskmanager because its denied Do you know what I should try next or if it is possible to continue with conbofix even though the antispyware is still running thanks nbsp

A:Can't get rid of UniiDEalSe extension on chrome

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:

Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
Never run more than one scan at a time.
Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

===============================

Never run Combofix on your own!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-rid-of-uniidealse-extension-on-chrome.209359/
Relevancy 35.69%

To synchronize the contacts and messages with my Exchange Server, Windows 10 requires an increase of the work stations security, forcing a new Windows login
after a specified inactivity period.
Once the increased security is implemented users can only play with an inactivity period range of 1 to 5 minutes.

In my capacity of Administrator of the network, I would like to be able to increase the value of the inactivity value beyond 5 minutes for those stations that
are not exposed to public access, which requires that Microsoft communicate to me the name and address of the Register key which controls the inactivity period after which a new login is required.

I really need that Register key to resolve my problem!

Luc Béliard

Luc Béliard

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/91763ae0-6b37-431d-991e-d1fe1b37ada1/new-windows-login-required-after-a-workstation-inactivity-period?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 30.1%

Hmm, I hope it doesn't go the way of MaxThon with only the few writing extensions:

https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2015...er-experience/

A:Firefox to enter same Signed Extension dead end as MaxThon it seems

From what I read on the blog link there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth by the masses.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/364558-firefox-enter-same-signed-extension-dead-end-maxthon-seems.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Inside .acc file is a simple text, but the mighty Excel tries to open it like some kind of database. It is asking for accounts, sources, passwords etc. and finally it cannot open it at all. It can open this file if I change extension to something else like .txt or .xls. How can I turn off this useless function of Excel 2013? The Excel of 2003 just opens it without any question.

A:Excel 2013 cannot open simple text file with .acc extension

Hi gacuxz, welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

MS changed Office file extensions from version 2007. This website might it explain it for you.

Microsoft Office file extensions list

When you have opened the file in question, by the method you mention, have you tried saving it, using the Save As option, with a file extension listed in the Save As options list.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/360132-excel-2013-cannot-open-simple-text-file-acc-extension.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi All,

I am using Exchange Server 2007 and I am wondering what the default email retention period is for all folders? Will Exchange 2007 automatically delete messages after 'x' number of days/weeks/months/years? If it does delete automatically what is the default time period?

Kind Regards,

Davo

A:Default time period for message retention when using

Closing dup. Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/default-time-period-for-message-retention-when-using.1150973/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a friend's Gateway laptop period welcome Slow screen boot post M- The topic started here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t gateway-slow-to-start I have used bleeping computer tools to clean it of malware and such before Recently it has had Firefox issues and Cannot load XPCOM has come up twice I've fixed that by re-installing Firefox each time The first time none of Slow boot period post welcome screen his browsers would work My friend had not had it back from me for much time when he brought it back because of a slow boot and there was yet another PUP on it Side note the owner has let the machine run until the battery completely died several times Anyway the computer operates fine EXCEPT for the amount of time it takes between the welcome screen and the appearance of the desktop which is up to seconds or so Could it be something scanning at start-up How do I investigate this There was a period when it quit doing this but it is back to it's craziness again On the previous topic page we cleaned it of junk and tried to run some hard drive checking programs Gsmart control made it BSOD Here is a link to the CBS log https www dropbox com s zvf ehbzo f fy CBS oldcapri txt dl TIA Barry

A:Slow boot period post welcome screen

Hello,

I am not sure what to tell you, but since you have already received help here, I can only tell you my story with system start-up time. I also have Vista OS, I have the same "problems" with long delays between the welcome screen and the desktop appearance. It's black screen for about 1 minute, and when I look at computer case, HDD light is off for that 60 seconds, and after that time, red light starts to blink and desktop shows. Maybe it's not a bug, it's a feature. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579224/slow-boot-period-post-welcome-screen/
Relevancy 30.1%

A full CTB Locker guide can be found here CTB Locker and Critroni Ransomware Encrypting CTB DecryptAllFiles.txt sets Ransomware extension or to .CTBL Locker Information Guide and FAQ nbsp A new file encrypting ransomware has been released in mid July with the earliest known samples being detected on July th This infection will encrypt all your files and then rename them to a CTBL extension Currently referenced as CTB CTB Locker or DecryptAllFiles.txt Encrypting Ransomware sets extension to .CTBL Locker Critroni and Win Onion The following is current technical details we have on the infection Encryption based on elliptic curvesInfection file is stored in the Temp folder as a random file name For example utrswsb exe A hidden and random named job is created that launches the malware executable when you logon You can view the jobs by selecting Show Hidden Tasks When the infection starts it will show you a screen that tells you how much time is left before you are no longer able to pay the ransomEncrypts all of your data files and saves them as a file CTB Locker or DecryptAllFiles.txt Encrypting Ransomware sets extension to .CTBL with a ctbl extension Generates a user id for your infected computer This user id will be embedded in a variety of filenames listed below Creates a image file called AllFilesAreLocked lt user id gt bmp in the My Documents Documents folder that the infection will use as your wall paper This CTB Locker or DecryptAllFiles.txt Encrypting Ransomware sets extension to .CTBL contains the ransom alert Creates a text file called DecryptAllFiles lt user id gt txt in the My Documents Documents folder that contains ransom instructions Creates a html file called lt random name gt html in the My Documents Documents folder that contains ransom instructions Ransom notes contain a personal key that you must input in a TOR decryption site that will then tell you how to to pay the ransom Ransoms are paid in bitcoins and the addresses are randomly generated You have hours to pay the ransom Current rate of the ransom BTC or about USD Detected by Kaspersky as Trojan-Ransom Win Onion Also known as CritroniCommunicates with the C server via TOR network On reboot will copy itself to a new name in the Temp folder and create a new job to launch it Screenshot of the ransom screen is below Stay tuned for more details

A:CTB Locker or DecryptAllFiles.txt Encrypting Ransomware sets extension to .CTBL

Expect to see more of this crap coming out in the future. Kafeine posted about this 10 days ago. This malware is being sold on the black market as a subscription service. More info here:http://malware.dontneedcoffee.com/2014/07/ctb-locker.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542564/ctb-locker-or-decryptallfilestxt-encrypting-ransomware-sets-extension-to-ctbl/
Relevancy 31.39%

hi all,all my files were become .aaa extension.and reinstall the computer system still cant not open
 google searched said its encryption files,is there any one can help,know how to repair this
thank you~

A:Am I infected-.aaa extension

You are most likely dealing with a newer variant of TeslaCrypt which is for the most part the same as Alpha Crypt.Any files that are encrypted with TeslaCrypt will have the .ecc extension appended to the end of the filename.Any files that are encrypted with Alpha Crypt (TeslaCrypt renamed) will have the .ezz extension appended to the end of the filename.Any files that are encrypted with the newer unnamed variant will have the .exx, .xyz, .zzz or .aaa extension appended to the end of the filename.A repository of all current knowledge regarding TeslaCrypt and Alpha Crypt is provided by Grinler (aka Lawrence Abrams), in this topic: TeslaCrypt and Alpha Crypt Ransomware Information Guide and FAQInformation about and support for decrypting files affected by Alpha Crypt & TeslaCrypt ransomware can be found in this topic:TeslaDecoder released to decrypt .EXX, .EZZ, .ECC files encrypted by TeslaCryptThere are ongoing discussions in these topic:Alpha Crypt (TeslaCrypt renamed) Ransomware Support & DiscussionTeslaCrypt Ransomware Support & DiscussionNew TeslaCrypt version that uses the .EXX extensionRather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions, comments or requests for assistance in one of those topic discussions. Doing that will also ensure you receive proper assistance from our crypto malware experts since they may not see this thread. To avoid unnecessary confusion...this topic is closed.ThanksThe BC Staff

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585546/am-i-infected-aaa-extension/
Relevancy 31.39%

Since I can't find anything anywhere on this, hopefully I'm in the correct topic (I'm starting the assumption that this was caused with a virus).

A friend contacted me and said 'all' his files now have the extension .iklbunn.  For instance, he gave the this as an example:  Sallycopy.xls.iklbunn.  When he said 'all,' I wasn't certain if he meant just documents and spread sheets or literally all files (my guess it's just documents and spreadsheets).
 I checked all the major search engines and any antivirus software manufacturer I could think of (among them, Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, BitDefender, etc) and drew a blank with every search.
 I'd appreciate some input.  Thanks.
Mod Edit: Moved to General Security ...File Locker ~~boopme

A:Unknown File Extension

Hi there,It looks like your friend is infected with CTB-Locker crypto ransomware. Please see below for more information.The newest variants of CTB-Locker typically encrypt all data files and rename them as a file with a 6-7 length extension with random characters. The newer variants also do not always leave a ransom note if the malware fails to change the background, like it generally does. Compounding matters, the newer CTB-Locker infection has been seen in combination with KEYHolder, TorrentLocker (fake Cryptolocker) or CryptoWall ransomware. Unfortunately, there is still no known method of decrypting your files without paying the ransom and with dual infections, that means paying both ransoms.A repository of all current knowledge regarding this infection is provided by Grinler (aka Lawrence Abrams), in this tutorial: CTB Locker and Critroni Ransomware Information Guide and FAQThere is also an ongoing discussion in this topic: CTB Locker or DecryptAllFiles.txt Encrypting Ransomware Support & Discussion.To avoid confusion I have asked a Moderator to close this topic.Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583852/unknown-file-extension/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi, does anyone know of a way to do this?  Upon looking through Opera's current extensions that prevent redirects, the only one I can see is called NoDetour.  I've been using it for a few days, but I just did a couple tests to load pages, and then monitored the little flashing web sites lists that come up in the lower left while the page is loading.  On bleepingcomputer for example, if I load it, I see a few different facebook url's coming up, a few different google urls, youtube urls, ytmg urls (also youtube?) or whatever it's called.  So there are currently a lot of undesirable hops in the mix to destroy.  This is very noticeable in terms of unecesarily slowing browser speed.  

A:Opera extension - prevents redirects

Except that one, Opera doesn't have any other add-ons to stop redirects; however there are extensions available in Chrome's web store which can work.

To be able to install extensions from Chrome, Download Chrome Extension has to be installed first in Opera.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585837/opera-extension-prevents-redirects/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi everyone,

I am now using radiorage that is an extension integrated into Google Chrome to listen to the online radio. And it is in good working. I have managed to listen to some English radio stations. They work well and there is nothing to say about them. I am a Vietnamese so I want to hear some foreign radio stations speaking in Vietnamese such as VOA Vietnamese. This station requires me to download a stream to listen. Clicking the "download this stream to listen" link, I have downloaded a file named "live-vietnamese-a", its type is Windows Media Audio/Video playlist and its size is only 1KB.

And my question is how to make the player in the VOA Vietnamese radio station work using this stream file.
Please help me solve this problem!
Thanks in advance!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581197/a-problem-with-radiorage-extension/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have Ditto installed but when i try to open the program, nothing happens. I tryed to uninstall it but can't because it is running. I can't find the program to close it. Any ideas?

win 7  64 bit
firefox browser

A:Ditto clipboard extension

What happens when you right-click on the tray icon?  Does a menu appear?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585843/ditto-clipboard-extension/
Relevancy 36.12%

I installed 10 on three machines and one has a mind of it's own when it comes to sleeping.  No matter how I set the power settings or screen savers if I get up and walk away from the machine it has gone into sleep mode when I come back.    In some respects it could be a useful thing, but since I'm not choosing for this to happen, it's a problem.

A:Windows 10 PC Going To Sleep After Short Period Of Inactivity

I installed 10 on three machines and one has a mind of it's own when it comes to sleeping.  No matter how I set the power settings or screen savers if I get up and walk away from the machine it has gone into sleep mode when I come back.    In some respects it could be a useful thing, but since I'm not choosing for this to happen, it's a problem.
I've discovered this issue predates Windows 10 and some online posters noticed something I have been able to verify in my situation.  It you restart, boot up, or wake from sleep with the power button the system doesn't go to sleep after a brief period of idling.  If you wake it from sleep with keyboard or mouse it does go to sleep.  I think better stated would be, it returns to sleep.  This discovery explains why at times I have thought the issue had somehow been resolved. Using the power button to wake up a system is an OK work around, but not ideal.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586083/windows-10-pc-going-to-sleep-after-short-period-of-inactivity/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi,

I'm a long time BleepingComputer.com reader but this is my first post.

I'm being pestered by the GoSave extention. I thought I'd got rid of it once, but it's back again as GoSiave (2.0) and I can't shift it. Could someone help me? Your help really would be appreciated.

(Windows 8.1 x64)

Thanks,

Pitchie.

A:Chrome & GoSave Extension

Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum. Please delete as I've opened a new one in the correct forum.

Apologies.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550183/chrome-gosave-extension/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi this is my first post here and y computer won't boot untill POST it starts up to Asrock-that's some program already installed in my computer-it's not a problem so it just starts up till there it doesn't show the Windows logo but takes me to a black screen with a blinking period-not a cursor I've read articles to fix this but with a blinking cursor and in my case it's not a cursor that blinks but a period So Won't blinking period? a load screen with just POST black any help Also since this is my first time here is there a way to attach images Because i took some photos of what my monitor only shows up at boot or I'll just post them to a third party Won't load POST just a black screen with blinking period? image sharing website and paste here the links Any help would be appreciated thanks I use A Samsung desktop computer Windows bit gb installed ram or total memory Won't load POST just a black screen with blinking period? Cpu Intel reg Pentium reg ps I remember before this happened i left my computer for a moment not in sleep and when i get back to shut Won't load POST just a black screen with blinking period? it down i saw the black screen with blinking period i didn't mind it since i have to go elsewhere and just shut down the AVR

A:Won't load POST just a black screen with blinking period?

And i dont have any boot discs, i think i have lost them before. I am also able to enter the BIOS by pressing F2 or Delete button but i don't know how to use it, i can post the pictures' link if anyone wanna help? thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573612/wont-load-post-just-a-black-screen-with-blinking-period/
Relevancy 30.1%

Recently copied some files (photos and videos) from phone (Android) to laptop (win7) to USB HD (WD passport) to desktop (Win7).

All the files have appropriate sizes, but attempting to open any of them gives a message that they are corrupted.  They all have a string appended to their extensions of space, vertically centered dot, space.

Removing the extra characters from the extensions does not fix the problem.  Does anyone know of a cause, or more importantly, fix for the situation?

A:Corrupted files with extended characters appended to extension

What is the format of these files?

Have you tried sending these to your e-mail client?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562640/corrupted-files-with-extended-characters-appended-to-extension/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello Everyone,

I've recently saved a picture from the internet to my computer. It told me the download failed and instead of one file, I got 3 (see picture). Does anyone know what this is? How do I get rid of them? I can't delete them. 

Thank you

A:Is this a virus or corrupted files? (.+-4 extension?)

What was the website, and what was the picture of?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550800/is-this-a-virus-or-corrupted-files-4-extension/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi there I am at my wits end with this malware that has infected my Acer notebook Please can you help me The problem is getting worse by the hour I have followed advice from various sites all to no avail - I keep getting the Safesaver ads on Google RightCoupon popups hyperlinks on certain words with green triangle in top right corner random page hijacking becoming more and more frequent and every time I delete the extension Netoo Cooupuoni in Google Chrome it reappears when I open hyperlinks Rightcoupon Google & ads, Chrome Netoo Cooupuoni Safesaver, extension the Safesaver, Rightcoupon ads, hyperlinks & Google Chrome extension Netoo Cooupuoni browser again - it does not show up in the list of active extensions anywhere but in TOOLS So far I have tried ADW Cleaner Junkware Removal Tool Malwarebytes' Anti Malware Then I bought and set up Kaspersky Internet Security but all the problems still came back after that too so I went through the processes and manually deleted or disabled unnecessary ones and then tried RogueKiller and then Hitman Pro Each programme identified cookies and malware and quarantined and or deleted it but it's STILL happening I will paste the reports for Safesaver, Rightcoupon ads, hyperlinks & Google Chrome extension Netoo Cooupuoni the scans etc conducted so far below I can't figure out how to copy and paste the log for Kaspersky at the moment I can only seem to see it in the dialogue box and don't know how to get a txt version Safesaver, Rightcoupon ads, hyperlinks & Google Chrome extension Netoo Cooupuoni Thank you in advance for your help PL AdwCleaner v - Report created at Updated by Xplode Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bits Username Elizabeth Penny - ELIZABETHPEN-PC Running from C Users Elizabeth Penny Downloads adwcleaner exe Option Clean Services Files Folders Folder Deleted C ProgramData QuickSet Folder Deleted C ProgramData YoutubeAdblocker Folder Deleted C ProgramData CoouuPons Folder Deleted C ProgramData NetooCooupuoni Folder Deleted C ProgramData SearchNewTab Folder Deleted C ProgramData suorff and okeep Folder Deleted C Program Files BetterSurf Folder Deleted C Program Files GreenTree Applications Folder Deleted C Program Files Sk-Enhancer Folder Deleted C Program Files WebSearch Folder Deleted C Program Files YoutubeAdblocker Folder Deleted C Program Files CoouuPons Folder Deleted C Program Files NetooCooupuoni Folder Deleted C Program Files SearchNewTab Folder Deleted C Program Files suorff and okeep Folder Deleted C Users Elizabeth Penny AppData Local SwvUpdater Shortcuts Registry Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes AppID C AD A-C F- B-B DB- E D B Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes AppID CA CAA -B C- - BEC-CB A D F Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes CLSID - FEF- D -B FA-E B F Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes CLSID - - - - AA B Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes CLSID D C - A - C F-BE -C F D B Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes Interface E BC - A - CFF- C - D ED D DC F Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes Interface C F B A-BD - -AF -C CA E F F Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes Interface EAF DC-CD - B -B A-D AC FBCB BC Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes TypeLib C AD A-C F- B-B DB- E D B Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes TypeLib E -CC - AC-B -BFC ACF E Key Deleted HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Settings B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA Key Deleted HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes BB DE -BC C- - AC - F CFFE Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes BB DE -BC C- - AC - F CFFE Key Deleted HKCU Software Softonic Key Deleted HKCU Software AppDataLow SProtector Key Deleted HKLM Software A D E - B - E E-BD - DA C EF Key Deleted HKLM Software SP Global Key Deleted HKLM Software SProtector Key Deleted HKLM Software Uniblue Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Uninstall D-AB D- D -C - A A E D Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Uninstall A CA FF-CB D- - CB - CD C Key ... Read more

A:Safesaver, Rightcoupon ads, hyperlinks & Google Chrome extension Netoo Cooupuoni

I'm so sorry, I have just realised I have posted this problem to the wrong forum. I'll copy and paste it into the virus, trojan, malware forum instead.

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519734/safesaver-rightcoupon-ads-hyperlinks-google-chrome-extension-netoo-cooupuoni/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have attached a picture you can enlarge, showing a file that is showing up in a particular directory.
I use this directory for docx xlsx and pdf file that I link to from my excel 2007 program.
Everything works fine, but I don't know what these files are. They do not have an extension
I have scanned virus and malware and nothing shows up, but am at a loss to what they are.
I have a few of them and they are all 8 characters long and a combination
of numbers and letters but always 8 characters. I don't want to click it and I don't want to delete it
without knowing what it is. I have show extensions and hidden files enabled. Thanks for your help
 #_2012-08-20_21-54-53.jpg   26.33KB
  7 downloads

A:strange numbers in directory with no extension

I have no technical explanation for those 2 files but most likely when certain document files were saved they must be associated with it. I would not worry of them for now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465951/strange-numbers-in-directory-with-no-extension/
Relevancy 30.96%

using windows xp system.when I rename a file ,say a text file, it demands me to put the extension .txt also. otherwise it will warn me that" if you change a file name extension, the file may become unusable".  why this warning? earlier on this machine i used to change the filename without any such warning. the warning will come irespective of he file extension(.txt,.mp3,.mp4). can anybody suggest a method to overcome the warning?

A:renaming a file,need to give the extension also,why?

Open my computer, go to tools>Folder Options>View
Check 'Hide extensions for known file types
Click apply, and OK

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511082/renaming-a-fileneed-to-give-the-extension-alsowhy/
Relevancy 31.39%

On the 27th April suddenly my files extensions changed to .PTBRDHH and after that it became inaccessible. I tried everything possible, scanning, trying removal soft wares and even changing the extensions, but none of them were helpful. 
Please, can you help me solving the problem? 

A:My files Extension Changed!!!

Hello sherry1985 and Welcome to the BleepingComputer.   

My name is Yılmaz and I'll help you with the cleanup of malware from your computer.
Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.
Please complete all steps in the specified order.
Even if tools don't find malware, I want you to post the logfiles anyway.
Please copy and paste the logfiles directly into your posts. Please do not attach them unless you are instructed to do so.
Read the instructions carefully. If you have problems, stop what you  were doing and describe the problems you encountered as precisely as  you can.
Don't install or uninstall software during the cleanup unless you are told to do so.
Ensure your external and/or USB drives are inserted during always the scan.
If you can't answer for the next few days, please let me know. If  you haven't answered within 5 days, I am assuming that you don't need  help anymore and your topic will be closed.
I can not guarantee that we will find and be able to remove all  malware. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review  my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic
As my first language is not English, please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to understand.
Please open as administrator  the computer. How is open as administrator  the computer?
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, as they will  interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do  this, please refer to get help here
Thanks
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Please do the following.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Sincerely

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575361/my-files-extension-changed/
Relevancy 30.96%

I've been having problems with multiple adware extensions on Chrome most of which I have managed to delete except for EnormouSales I have deleted all extensions on the browser manually so that when I check the Extensions list on Chrome there is absolutely nothing However when running Task Manager I can see that Extension EnormouSales is being run enclosed a photo of the screenshot down below Even when I End Process the extension will Chrome EnormouSales Extension Google disappear and rerun itself after a while I have used the following to scan my computer - Junkware Removal Tool - EnormouSales Google Chrome Extension AdwCleaner - AVG - Hitman EnormouSales Google Chrome Extension Pro They found several files and deleted them accordingly but even now after having run them all I still have EnormouSales active The extension shows multiple adds that come in the forms of redirects popups and extra search results which are actually ads on Google Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Mia administrator on SAMSUNG-PC on - - Running from C Users Mia Downloads Loaded Profiles Mia Available profiles samsung amp Mia amp Hello Homemade amp Chesty amp Guest Platform Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files AVG AVG avgidsagent exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe PC Tools C Program Files Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center itype exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center ipoint exe PC Tools C Program Files Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe Aeria Games amp Entertainment C Program Files Aeria Games Ignite aeriaignite exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files AVG AVG avgui exe BitTorrent Inc C Users Mia AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe Akamai Technologies Inc C Users Mia AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe Valve Corporation C Program Files Steam Steam exe Akamai Technologies Inc C Users Mia AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Valve Corporation C Program Files Steam bin steamwebhelper exe Valve Corporation C Program Files Common Files Steam SteamService exe Google Inc C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run SSDMonitor gt C Program Files Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe - - PC Tools HKLM Run AdobeAAMUpdater- gt C Program Files Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA UpdaterStartupUtility exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM Run Swit... Read more

A:EnormouSales Google Chrome Extension

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/575011 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575011/enormousales-google-chrome-extension/
Relevancy 30.53%

I recently downloaded a video game emulator and some roms, allowing Infonaut ads and trojans in and can't completely shake them. 

A:Slow laptop, bad Chrome extension + Infonaut ads

Hello hilite2142 and Welcome to the BleepingComputer.   

My name is Yılmaz and I'll help you with the cleanup of malware from your computer.
Please copy and paste the logfiles directly into your posts. Please do not attach them unless you are instructed to do so.
Read the instructions carefully. If you have problems, stop what you  were doing and describe the problems you encountered as precisely as  you can.
Don't install or uninstall software during the cleanup unless you are told to do so.
Ensure your external and/or USB drives are inserted during always the scan.
If you can't answer for the next few days, please let me know. If  you haven't answered within 5 days, I am assuming that you don't need  help anymore and your topic will be closed.
I can not guarantee that we will find and be able to remove all  malware. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review  my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean
As my first language is not English, please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to understand.
Please open as administrator  the computer. How is open as administrator  the computer?
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, as they will  interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do  this, please refer to get help here
Thanks
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am currently reviewing your log.I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.Please be patient with me during this time.

Are you still with us?

Sincerely

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574568/slow-laptop-bad-chrome-extension-infonaut-ads/
Relevancy 30.96%

Today I accedantly installed a Malware-Program Unfortunately Avast and Avira were not Chrome Non UUniDeAlse removable - Extension able to find or remove its contents nor was any other anti-adware-tools recommended to me Everytime I open up my Chrome browser it is adding an extension which continuously tries to open infected websites but UUniDeAlse - Non removable Chrome Extension at least this process is getting blocked by Avast I absolutely dont know any way to solve this problem cause this extension UUniDeAlse appeares everytime after opening my Browser indifferent whether i had uninstalled it before Ive been working on this problem for the whole day now without any result so I appreciate every kind of help I can get gt gt I am using Win so the changed shutdown-mode makes it almost impossible to access the system-partition with a linux live system gt gt I am a native german speaker so I will add the same text in German below maybe it will make some things more understandable GERMAN Ich habe mir heute aus Dummheit ein Malware-Programm eingefangen Leider k nnen weder Avast oder Avira noch irgendein anderes Adw-Killer-Tool UUniDeAlse - Non removable Chrome Extension wie AdwCleaner diese Adware aufsp ren Jedes Mal wenn ich den Chrome Browser ffne habe ich eine Erweiterung integriert die im Minutentakt Internetseiten mit Werbung oder Viren ffnen m chte auch wenn zu mindest diese von Avast blockiert werden k nnen Ich bin echt verzweifelt weil diese Erweiterung UUniDeAlse nach jedem Chrome-Neustart wieder eingebunden ist egal ob ich sie gel scht hatte was mir gro e Probleme bereitet Ich habe mich bereits den ganzen Tag damit abgem ht und freue mich ber jede Form von Hilfe Anmerkung Wie erw hnt bringt in meinem Fall der AdwCleaner nichts auch wenn er normalerweise ein sehr verl ssliches Programm ist Au erdem nutze ich Windows weshalb aufgrund des ver nderten Herrunterfahrprozesses nicht ohne weiteres von Linux auf die Systempartition auf der ich den Parasiten vermute zugegriffen werden kann http puu sh g fjj a a a png

A:UUniDeAlse - Non removable Chrome Extension

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.POST THE LOG FOR MY REVIEW.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.How is the computer running?Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567325/uunidealse-non-removable-chrome-extension/
Relevancy 30.96%

Suddenly yesterday my all word files extension changed to .docx.ognrivi.
Upon removing .ognrivi and double clicking, it says invalid format.

Any solution on it as tried scanning through avast, nd, kaspersky but still same.

Any solution

Rgds

A:word files extension changes to .ognrivi

Hello pmbhome and Welcome to the BleepingComputer.   

Thanks

Please do the following.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Sincerely

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565942/word-files-extension-changes-to-ognrivi/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello FriendsMy computer recently got a strange virusChange the extension of all files (Word, Excel, Photoshop, etc.) File extensions such as:10.93.DOCX.kbuibxdamar.XLSX.kbuibxdkhorasan.XLSM.kbuibxd Note: Only files with uppercase extensions Please help me because I have lost important files (email address deleted) Even after changing the file extension, the file is corrupted and can not be opened

A:virus has changed the file extension.

You also posted your issue today here https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/164658-the-virus-has-changed-the-file-extension/You should only seek malware removal help at one forum.We ask that you select one forum from those where you sought help and ask the others to close your topics.Although we understand you wish your problems to be addressed as soon as possible, there are reasons why multi-posting causes problems.By Multi Posting you are utilizing the time of two (or more) trained helpers. Helpers take a long time to train. They need a great deal of expertise and knowledge to be able to safely remove Malware from your computer and because of this are in short supply. We wish to use them to help the maximum number of people, and if they are researching the log of someone who is already being helped, then their time and effort is going to waste.Understandably this causes a certain amount of bad feeling and frustrationFrom the helper who has needlessly spent time researching your log and compiling and posting instructions.From others who have to wait longer for their problems to be addressed.Advice from two separate helpers can cause problems.A helper at one place has no idea what a helper somewhere else is doing. Different helpers may use different methods to combat your infection. While each one is safe to use, problems can arise if you follow the advice of both together. Some of the tools used are very powerful and have to be used in a specific way and in some cases do not combine well with others. By using advice from two different sources it is possible that tools may be used that do not combine well and you may severely damage your computer, even rendering it inoperable in some circumstances. By following BOTH sets of instructions, the clean up process could be delayed.Please let us know WHERE you want to continue to receive help from. If elsewhere this topic will be closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566519/virus-has-changed-the-file-extension/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi In Google Chrome my web of trust extension is greyed out and I was able to go to the website and log in so my account is not blocked I checked google settings and omnibox is set to Google as well as default search engine Advance Systemcare finds nothing PC Healthboost finds nothing issue Chrome Bitdefender extension WOT use didn't in Can't find Google Bitdefender finds nothing I keep getting reports from Advance Systemcare everyday saying that someone is trying to change my homepage to about com I keep getting malicious file download reports from Immunet that reads EICAR THIS IS NOT A VIRUS then at the same time Bitdefender pops up and says files were quarantined I downloaded your Roguekiller Can't use WOT extension in Google Chrome Bitdefender didn't find issue and ran a scan and it told me I had IAT Hook and here Can't use WOT extension in Google Chrome Bitdefender didn't find issue is the log and I don't know how to read if I am Can't use WOT extension in Google Chrome Bitdefender didn't find issue infected or not My Kaspersky scan says that some of my drives are set to Autorun I think someone is trying really hard to get into my laptop and has been for about a month I think I may be infected I am on a Dell running Windows Here are some logs and printscreens RogueKiller V Jan by Adlice Software mail http www adlice com contact Feedback http forum adlice com Website http www adlice com softwares roguekiller Blog http www adlice com Operating System Windows Service Pack bits version Started in Normal mode User LISA Administrator Mode Scan -- Date Processes Suspicious Path EvernoteClipper exe -- C Users LISA AppData Local Apps Evernote Evernote EvernoteClipper exe - gt Killed TermProc Registry PUM DesktopIcons X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer HideDesktopIcons NewStartPanel D FE - AEA- -A D - B D - gt Found PUM DesktopIcons X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer HideDesktopIcons NewStartPanel a - f - a - c - fe b ee - gt Found PUM DesktopIcons X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer HideDesktopIcons NewStartPanel D FE - AEA- -A D - B D - gt Found PUM DesktopIcons X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer HideDesktopIcons NewStartPanel a - f - a - c - fe b ee - gt Found Tasks Suspicious Path RGames Updater job -- C Users LISA AppData Local RivalGaming Updater exe - gt Found Suspicious Path RGames Updater -- C Users LISA AppData Local RivalGaming Updater exe - gt Found Files Suspicious Path File EvernoteClipper lnk -- C Users LISA AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup EvernoteClipper lnk LNK C Users LISA AppData Local Apps Evernote Evernote EVERNO EXE - gt Found Hosts File Antirootkit Driver Not loaded xc b IAT Inl Hook IEAT chrome exe ntdll dll - NtDuplicateObject Unknown x ae jmp xffffffffe jmp xffffffffffffe b call x fe IAT Inl Hook IEAT chrome exe ntdll dll - NtTerminateProcess Unknown x ae jmp xffffffffe e jmp xffffffffffffdad call x fe IAT Inl Hook IEAT chrome exe ntdll dll - NtMapViewOfSection Unknown x ae jmp xffffffffe a jmp xffffffffffffef a call x fe IAT Inl Hook IEAT chrome exe ntdll dll - NtUnmapViewOfSection Unknown x ae jmp xffffffffe a jmp xffffffffffffef call x fe IAT Inl Hook IEAT chrome exe ntdll dll - NtSuspendThread Unknown x ae jmp xffffffffe jmp xffffffffffffe ea call x fe IAT Inl Hook IEAT chrome exe ntdll dll - NtSetContextThread Unknown x ae jmp xffffffffe f jmp xffffffffffffe a call x fe IAT Inl Hook IEAT chrome exe ntdll dll - NtProtectVirtualMemory Unknown x ae jmp xffffffffe jmp xffffffffffffcbfa call x fe IAT Inl Hook IEAT chrome exe ntdll dll - NtCreateSection Unknown x ae jmp xffffffffe a jmp xffffffffffffc call x fe IAT Inl Hook IEAT chrome exe ntdll dll - NtSetInformationProcess Unknown x ae jmp xffffffffe jmp xffffffffffffda a call x fe IAT Inl Hook IEAT chrome exe ntdll dll - NtOpenProcess Unknown x ae j... Read more

A:Can't use WOT extension in Google Chrome Bitdefender didn't find issue

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/566953 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566953/cant-use-wot-extension-in-google-chrome-bitdefender-didnt-find-issue/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have been fighting with this extension on google chrome which is continuously allowing Please Help!!! of in get rid Unisoales Cant Chrome... Extension pop up ads Cant get rid of Unisoales Extension in Chrome... Please Help!!! to get through I have deleted this extension numerous times to no avail It just shows up again the minute I restart chrome It is making my laptop lag and I have no clue how to fix it I have I have downloaded the Malwarebytes software and run a scan but I am not sure what to do next Please help Here is the log Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Scan Date Scan Time PM Logfile Administrator Yes Version Malware Database v Rootkit Database v License Trial Malware Protection Enabled Malicious Website Protection Enabled Self-protection Disabled OS Windows CPU x File System NTFS User Christina Scan Type Threat Scan Result Completed Objects Scanned Time Elapsed min sec Memory Enabled Startup Enabled Filesystem Enabled Archives Enabled Rootkits Disabled Heuristics Enabled PUP Enabled PUM Enabled Processes No malicious items detected Modules No malicious items detected Registry Keys PUP Optional Outbrowse HKLM SOFTWARE WOW NODE CLASSES CLSID D CE-F - -AA -DB B F acc bd a d a fa cd PUP Optional Outbrowse HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES TYPELIB AEF- D- A -B - EC A F acc bd a d a fa cd PUP Optional Outbrowse HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES INTERFACE AC D- E- - F B- B B F acc bd a d a fa cd PUP Optional Outbrowse HKLM SOFTWARE WOW NODE CLASSES INTERFACE AC D- E- - F B- B B F acc bd a d a fa cd PUP Optional Outbrowse HKLM SOFTWARE WOW NODE CLASSES TYPELIB AEF- D- A -B - EC A F acc bd a d a fa cd PUP Optional GetNow A HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES TYPELIB F C FC- - F -BD -C AD E F f aa ff c faa PUP Optional GetNow A HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES INTERFACE FDFDB- - E- BA - DABE f aa ff c faa PUP Optional GetNow A HKLM SOFTWARE WOW NODE CLASSES INTERFACE FDFDB- - E- BA - DABE f aa ff c faa PUP Optional GetNow A HKLM SOFTWARE WOW NODE CLASSES TYPELIB F C FC- - F -BD -C AD E F f aa ff c faa PUP Optional PriceMeter A HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES PriceMeterLiveUpdate OneClickCtrl a e a a d bf b ee a PUP Optional PriceMeter A HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES PriceMeterLiveUpdate OneClickProcessLauncherMachine fb be cf e d e PUP Optional PriceMeter A HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES PriceMeterLiveUpdate OneClickProcessLauncherMachine af da db c dfd e db PUP Optional PriceMeter A HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES PriceMeterLiveUpdate Update WebControl bd e ede d b f a e ac PUP Optional PriceMeter A HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES PriceMeterLiveUpdateUpdate CoCreateAsync ed d fa ef db f be f b PUP Optional PriceMeter A HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES PriceMeterLiveUpdateUpdate CoCreateAsync fb bed f f a e b f fc PUP Optional PriceMeter A HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES PriceMeterLiveUpdateUpdate CoreClass c ac ab f a d PUP Optional PriceMeter A HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES PriceMeterLiveUpdateUpdate CoreClass ec a ad ab f d c aa PUP Optional PriceMeter A HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES PriceMeterLiveUpdateUpdate CoreMachineClass beb d cf c ee da f PUP Optional PriceMeter A HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES PriceMeterLiveUpdateUpdate CoreMachineClass ef fb cc e c d ad e c PUP Optional PriceMeter A HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES PriceMeterLiveUpdateUpdate CredentialDialogMachine e f b b b a ec ca PUP Optional PriceMeter A HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES PriceMeterLiveUpdateUpdate CredentialDialogMachine d a b f fa a b b f eb PUP Optional PriceMeter A HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES PriceMeterLiveUpdateUpdate OnDemandCOMClassMachine cd b a f dec a d d ba PUP Optional PriceMeter A HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES PriceMeterLiveUpdateUpdate OnDemandCOMClassMachine e fc ea f f d e a PUP Optional PriceMeter A HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES PriceMeterLiveUpdateUpdate OnDemandCOMClassMachineFallback abcf b af a c a b ed a PUP Optional PriceMeter A HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES PriceMeterLiveUpdateUpdate OnDemandCOMClassMachineFallback b a be ea cfd ff fa PUP Optional PriceMeter A HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES PriceMeterLiveUpdateUpdate OnDemandCOMClassSvc df c f a d dfcd f bf PUP Optional PriceMeter ... Read more

A:Cant get rid of Unisoales Extension in Chrome... Please Help!!!

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 30-11-2014
Ran by Christina (administrator) on 18-01-2015 at 22:49:57
Running from "C:\Users\Christina\Downloads"
Microsoft Windows 8  (X64)
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Flush DNS: ===================================

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

========================= IE Proxy Settings: ============================== 

Proxy is not enabled.
No Proxy Server is set.

"Reset IE Proxy Settings": IE Proxy Settings were reset.

========================= FF Proxy Settings: ============================== 

"Reset FF Proxy Settings": Firefox Proxy settings were reset.

========================= Hosts content: =================================

127.0.0.1 www.craftedge.com 
127.0.0.1 craftedge.com 
127.0.0.1       activate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1       practivate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1       ereg.adobe.com
127.0.0.1       activate.wip3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1       wip3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1       3dns-3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1       3dns-2.adobe.com
127.0.0.1       adobe-dns.adobe.com
127.0.0.1       adobe-dns-2.adobe.com
127.0.0.1       adobe-dns-3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1       ereg.wip3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1       activate-sea.adobe.com
127.0.0.1       wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com
127.0.0.1       activate-sjc0.adobe.com
127.0.0.1       adobe.activate.com
127.0.0.1       adobeereg.com                       
127.0.0.1       www.adobeereg.com                   

There are 3 more lines starting with "127.0.0.1"

========================= IP Configuration: ================================

Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 = Wi-Fi (Connected)
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller = Ethernet (Media disconnected)

# ----------------------------------
# IPv4 Configuration
# ----------------------------------
pushd interface ipv4

reset
set global icmpredirects=enabled taskoffload=disabled
set interface interface="Local Area Connection* 9" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled
set interface interface="Ethernet" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled
set interface interface="Wi-Fi" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled
set interface interface="Bluetooth Network Connection" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled
set interface interface="Local Area Connection* 12" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled
set interface interface="other_1" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled

popd
# End of IPv4 configuration

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Chrissy
   Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . : 
   Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
   IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : 
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 60-36-DD-6C-B4-B7
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoc... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563687/cant-get-rid-of-unisoales-extension-in-chrome-please-help/
Relevancy 30.96%

Have tried my usual checklist Malwarebytes SuperAntiSpyware JRT RogueKiller TDSSKiller ADW Cleaner This found a surpringing amount of remove! Chrome, ads UniSales extension cannot in malware on my computer not much but still surprising haha but still that pesky extension is enabled in Chrome after every reboot Obviously I am missing something so I have come here asking for help Here is the 'dds txt' and attached is the UniSales ads extension in Chrome, cannot remove! 'attach txt' Thank you in advance I appreciate the help DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Guurgathon VII at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated F CFC - A -FC -EF - A E AB SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated F E - -F B -D A - EE D C SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system EscSvc exe C Program Files x Tenda Common RaRegistry exe C Program Files x Tenda Common RaRegistry exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv w exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv x exe C Program Files SmartTechnology Software ProfilerU exe C Program Files SmartTechnology Software SaiMfd exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software LCore exe C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files HP HP Photosmart series Bin ScanToPCActivationApp exe C Windows System spool drivers x E IATILBE EXE C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software Applets LCDMedia exe C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software Applets LCDCountdown exe C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software Applets LCDClock exe C Program Files x EPSON Software Event Manager EEventManager exe C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software Applets LCDPop exe C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software Applets LCDRSS exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Tenda Common RaUI exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x Steam bin steamwebhelper exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows explorer exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows explorer exe C Windows system SearchP... Read more

A:UniSales ads extension in Chrome, cannot remove!

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.Important: To help me reviewing your logs, please post them in code boxes. You can create them by clicking on the <>-symbol on top of the reply window.    HijackThis is not the preferred initial scanning tool in this forum. With today's malware, a more comprehensive set of logs is required to determine the presence of malware.    Scan with FRST in normal modePlease download Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool to your desktop: FRST 32bit or FRST 64bit (If not sure: Start --> Computer (right click) --> properties) Run FRST.Don´t change one of the checkboxes and hit Scan.Logfiles are created on your desktop.Poste the FRST.txt and (after the first scan only!) the Addition.txt.  Scan with Gmer rootkit scannerPlease download Gmer from here by clicking on the "Download EXE" Button.Double click on the randomly named GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent.If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
SectionsIAT/EATShow All ( should be unchecked by default )Leave everything else as it is.Close all other running programs as well as your Browser.Click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.Once done click on the Save.. button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.Please post the content of the ark.txt here.**Caution**Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries Scan with TDSS-KillerPlease read and follow these instructions carefully. We do not want it to fix anything yet (if found), we need to see a report first.Download TDSSKiller.zip and extract to your desktopExecute TDSSKiller.exe by doubleclicking on it.
Press Start Scan
If Malicious objects are found, do NOT select Copy to quarantine. Change the action to Skip, and save the log.
Once complete, a log will be produced at the root drive which is typically C:\ ,for example, C:\TDSSKiller.<version_date_time>log.txtPlease attach this file to your next reply. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562925/unisales-ads-extension-in-chrome-cannot-remove/
Relevancy 30.1%

We got hit again with new Crypto ransomware. This time it's <extension>.id-<number>[email protected]
From the info i got now, it encrypts all kind of documents.
Sample file is encrypted in this way: [email protected]

Here is the ransomware note:

This is what ESET NOD32 v5 reported:

What i don't get is why NOD32 didn't kill it instantly as it tried to do ANYTHING???

User which got this crypto is limited rights windows xp sp3 domain user.

Any suggestions?

A:New crypto ransomware <extension>.id-<number>[email protected]

I have advised our Security Colleagues who specialize in crypto malware ransomware with a link to this topic.Please submit a sample of an encrypted file here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-malware.php?channel=3with a link to this topic.You can also submit samples of suspicious executables or any malware files that you suspect were involved in causing the infection. Doing that will be helpful with analyzing and investigating.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568295/new-crypto-ransomware-extensionid-number-fudindiacom/
Relevancy 30.53%

This extension is messing with my browzer from a week , "Unable to connect to proxy server" ( I can't open any website )
This extension is installed by enterprise policy and (This extension is managed and cannot be removed or disabled)
I've already tried the follow programs
Adwcleaner
Malwarebytes anti-Malware
JRT

I've also tried resetting , reinstalling the google chrome ( It came back when i opened my email id - maybe because the extensions were saved in my account )

A:MS Updater Virus (Google Chrome Extension)

Hello and welcome.
Your problem may need the browsers reset. Please read these, and note that Internet Explorer 11 should be on your computer.

Reset Chrome browser settings - Chrome Help - Google HelpHow to reset Internet Explorer browser settings - Microsoft SupportRefresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings | Firefox Help
And be sure that all Microsoft Updates are installed...

Regards -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578772/ms-updater-virus-google-chrome-extension/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi all,

I've been having an issue with an extension in Chrome that causes all kinds of javascript pop-ups. I removed it from chrome (I think -- removed all but Lastpass, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides) and ran malwarebytes which found nothing, ran Hitman 3 which found mostly standard tracking cookies, and then ran AdwCleaner which found the extension issue. Unfortunately, AdwCleaner doesn't seem to be able to remove it because it continues to find the same file each time I scan and remove and restart. 

The extension listed is lbfehkoinhhcknnbdgnnmjhiladcgbol which according to this website, is an Evernote extension clone. All of the details described in the site are accurate to the problems I've been having. Just removing the extension (which I did long ago), did not fix the problem of course.

Any thoughts for getting rid of this?

A:Chrome Extension Adware Issues

If only Chrome is affected... Reset Chrome...Click on "Customize and control Google Chrome":Click "Settings" then "Show advanced settings" at the bottom of the screen.Click "Reset browser settings" button.Restart Chrome.If the above didn't help....Reinstall Chrome...If you want to save your bookmarks...How to Backup Bookmarks in Google ChromeIf you want to save your passwords as well see here: http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-backup-saved-passwords-in-google-chrome-browser/ Close all Chrome windows and tabs.Go to the Start menu > Control Panel. (Windows 8 users: Learn how to access the Control Panel)Click Programs and Features.Double-click Google Chrome.Click Uninstall from the confirmation dialog. Delete your user profile information, like your browser preferences, bookmarks, and history, by selecting the "Also delete your browsing data" checkbox.Install fresh copy.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573854/chrome-extension-adware-issues/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hey there,

My docx files on my jump drive have an (echkmwl) extension. It's gibberish code when I open my word docs in Word or Wordpad. Instead of a document that's supposed to be 7 pages, it's 365 pages. Google search returns zero. Is this a virus?

If anyone could help, It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin

A:DOCX.echkmwl extension. Is this a virus?

Hello there,The newest variants of CTB-Locker typically encrypt all data files and rename them as a file with a 6-7 length extension with random characters. The newer variants also do not always leave a ransom note if the malware fails to change the background, like it generally does. Compounding matters, the newer CTB-Locker infection has been seen in combination with KEYHolder, TorrentLocker (fake Cryptolocker) or CryptoWall ransomware. Unfortunately, there is still no known method of decrypting your files without paying the ransom and with dual infections, that means paying both ransoms.A repository of all current knowledge regarding this infection is provided by Grinler (aka Lawrence Abrams), in this tutorial: CTB Locker and Critroni Ransomware Information Guide and FAQThere is also an ongoing discussion in this topic: CTB Locker or DecryptAllFiles.txt Encrypting Ransomware Support & Discussion. Rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions, comments or requests for assistance in that topic discussion.To avoid confusion, I have asked a Moderator to close this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573245/docxechkmwl-extension-is-this-a-virus/
Relevancy 30.96%

I'm running Windows 7 and have a number of corrupted files.  They all have an additional extension of ".hybiyuj" and the original extension has been capitalized.  So a file previously named "test.pdf" is changed to "test.PDF.hybiyuj".  Unfortunately, the problem is not simply solved be removing the extension and opening the file as usual.  This has occurred for .pptx, .pst, .doc, .txt etc.  It did not happen to all files on the hard drive, only some folders.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

A:Odd File Extension on Corrupted Files

Not 100% certain, but it sounds like a crypto variant. Did you happen to notice any .html/.jpg/.txt files mentioning encryption in the folder locations of these files?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569854/odd-file-extension-on-corrupted-files/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi,

My file server effected with some cryptolocker virus and all the files added with .deckwel extenion. 
Please help me to recover those files.

Regards,
Surendanath

A:I am infected with Cryptolocker - extension a .decwel added with files

Hi are you able to provide us with a screenshot of the filenames with the ".deckwel" / ".decwel" extensions?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564877/i-am-infected-with-cryptolocker-extension-a-decwel-added-with-files/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi,

An email is received with the attachment cyclized.zip; after opening this file all the files (word, excel, jpg, pdf) extensions were renamed to .iktguub at the end of original file name extension (eg. test.doc.iktguub).
Even after renaming the file to its original name; the file is not opening and a message says the file type is not supported or corrupted.
The entire system is affected except the .pst outlook files.
Antimalware, spybot, eset, Win32/Dorkbot, Microsoft Safety Scanner, Malicious Software Removal Tool ---all tools used but still the files are unable to open.

Word files are opening with a non-readable format. (extension renamed files are uploaded as the .iktguub extensions are not supported while uploading to this site)

Pls help

A:iktguub file name extension / cyclized.zip - a variant of Win32/Kryptik.CVRX

The newest variants of CTB Locker (Critroni) ransomware typically encrypt all data files and rename them as a file with a 6-7 length extension with random characters. A repository of all current knowledge regarding this infection is provided by Grinler (aka Lawrence Abrams), in this tutorial: CTB Locker and Critroni Ransomware Information Guide and FAQMore information in these articles:New CTB-Locker campaign underway increased ransom timer and localization changesNew Critroni variant offers free test decryption and now uses CTB2 extensionCompounding matters, the newer CTB-Locker infection has been seen in combination with KEYHolder or Torrent Locker ransomware. Unfortunately, there is still no known method of decrypting your files without paying the ransom and with dual infections, that means paying both ransoms.There is also an ongoing discussion in this topic: CTB Locker or DecryptAllFiles.txt Encrypting Ransomware Support & Discussion. Rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions, comments or requests for assistance in that topic discussion.ThanksThe BC Staff

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564449/iktguub-file-name-extension-cyclizedzip-a-variant-of-win32kryptikcvrx/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello all.  Hope you can help.  I am trying to diagnose a problem with a friends computer.  All of her data files have been renamed to include the extension .uogltic, for example, dscn0269.jpg.uogltic.  It is very similar to ransomware, but there is no ransom note that we can find.  I have searched high and low for that file extension and come up empty.  I have run malware bytes and it fails to find anything.  Norton AV is also coming up empty.  One other symptom is that the file sizes are all VERY small - i.e. the jpgs are in the 100 to 200 KB range.

Thanks.  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Marco

A:All files have added extension .uogltic

I have advised our Security Colleagues who specialize in crypto malware ransomware with a link to this topic.Please submit a sample of an encrypted file here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-malware.php?channel=3You can also submit any of the malware files that you suspect were involved in causing the infection. Doing that will be helpful with investigating.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559353/all-files-have-added-extension-uogltic/
Relevancy 30.53%

Dear Team Recently We have received mail from below person After opening scr file all my files are attacked with extension kcnhkok mainly txt pdf doc xlsx jpg pst Asking to pay ransom Kindly provide some solution as All encrypted to CTB files Locker extension by .kcnhkok my important files nearly affected Kindly note upgrades zip was virus file received in mail From Louvenia Burnie marginality eriepa com Message utf- ASCII UTF- Traditional Chinese Big- Chinese Simplified GB CNS plane CNS plane CP Windows Latin- CP Windows Cyrillic CP Windows Latin- CP Windows BalticRim CP Windows Vietnamese CP CP DOS Latin- CP DOS Arabic CP CP EUC-JP EUC-KR EUC-TW Greek CCITT HZ ISO -JP JIS All files encrypted to .kcnhkok extension by CTB Locker ISO -KR KSC ISO ISO - Latin- ISO - Latin- ISO - Latin- ISO - Latin- ISO - Cyrillic ISO - arabic ISO - Greek ISO - Hebrew ISO - Latin- ISO- - Latin KOI -R Mac OS Arabic Mac OS Croatian Mac OS Cyrillic Mac OS Farsi Mac OS Greek Mac OS Hebrew Mac OS Icelandic Mac OS Latin- Mac OS Roman Mac OS Romanian Mac OS Thai Mac OS Turkish Mac OS Ukrainian Mac Romanian Shift-JIS Thai VISCII Windows Arabic Windows Greek Windows Hebrew Windows Thai Windows Turkish To Date Mon Jan Subject Falcon Aviation New fax message GD S D A Fax - - Date - - CSTPages ID GD S D A Filename upgrades zip--Falcon AviationLouvenia Burnie

A:All files encrypted to .kcnhkok extension by CTB Locker

Take a look into this discussion, it is about the infection you have.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563718/all-files-encrypted-to-kcnhkok-extension-by-ctb-locker/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have been fighting with this extension for quite some time now. It showed up after my son used my laptop and now every time i erase it... the minute i turn chrome off and restart it comes right back again.  My laptop has been running extremely slow and pop ups are running wild on it.  Please can someone help 

A:Cant get rid of Unisoales Extension in Chrome... Please Help!!!

Step 1: Minitoolbox. Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Flush DNSReset FF proxy SettingsReset Ie Proxy SettingsReport IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Devices (problems only)Click Go and post the result. Step 2: Junkware Removal Tool. Please download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your desktop.Shut down your anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click it and select Run as administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Please post the JRT log.Step 3: Adware Cleaner. Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Scan button.When the scan has finished click on Clean button.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.Step 4: Adware Removal Tool. Download Adware removal tool to your desktop, right click the icon and select Run as Administrator.Hit Ok.Hit next make sure to leave all items checked, for removal.The Program will close all open programs to complete the removal, so save any work and hit OK. Then hit OK after the removal process is complete,  then OK again to finish up. Post log generated by tool. Step 5: Malwarebytes AntiRootkit  Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.Double-click the icon to start the tool.It will ask you where to extract make sure it is on the desktop.Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with admin rights.Click next to continue.Then Click UpdateOnce the update is Finished select Next then Scan.If no malware has been found, at the end of scan select ExitIf an infection was found, make sure to select all items and click Cleanup.Reboot your machine.Open the MBAR folder and paste the content of the following into your next reply:
mbar-log-{date} (xx-xx-xx).txtsystem-log.txt[/*]Step 6: Security Check Log. Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop.Double-click SecurityCheck.exeFollow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document Step 7: Report Tell me how the machine is performing, and if you need help performing any steps. Also post all requested logs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563686/cant-get-rid-of-unisoales-extension-in-chrome-please-help/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello, a fake AV came up, my friend ran it on her computer. All the documents and pictures now have a strange extension ".xoalesb", I am unable to find anything about this. Thinking this is ransomware, but nothing came up asking for payment. Has anyone seen this?

A:All files locked and extension ".xoalesb" added

A repository of all current knowledge regarding CTB Locker and Critroni Ransomware is provided by Grinler (aka Lawrence Abrams), in this tutorial: CTB Locker and Critroni Ransomware Information Guide and FAQReading that Guide will help you understand what CTB Locker (Critroni) does and provide information for how to deal with it. The newest variants of CTB Locker typically encrypt all data files and rename them as a file with a 6-7 length extension with random characters. The newer variants also do not always leave a ransom note if the malware fails to change the background, like it generally does. You can check your documents folder for an image the malware normally uses...it may be labeled "decryptallfiles" or something similar. At this time there is no fix tool and no way to retrieve the private key that can be used to decrypt your files without paying the ransom.More information in this article: New Critroni variant offers free test decryption and now uses CTB2 extension. Unfortunately, there is still no known method of decrypting your files without paying the ransom.There is also an ongoing discussion in this topic: CTB Locker or DecryptAllFiles.txt Encrypting Ransomware Support & Discussion. Rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions, comments or requests for assistance in that topic discussion.ThanksThe BC Staff

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562791/all-files-locked-and-extension-xoalesb-added/