Windows Support Forum

System won't sleep on T410

Q: System won't sleep on T410

At the end of the day when I close my laptop, the display will turn off but sometimes the system won't go into sleep mode. I then have to open the lid again and completely shut down the system. Is there an easy way to fix this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/System-won-t-sleep-on-T410/td-p/3345906
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: System won't sleep on T410

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 16.34%

I've done no overclocking, no advanced work whatsoever. Every time I try to google my issue, all of the solutions seem to be based around the person with the issue overclocking their system thus causing high tempuratures. This is not that issue.

On to the actual problem, my motherboard reports temperatures of 69c when running any program that takes any worthwhile amount of system resources (and some that don't), in particular, most games. CPU and GPU tempuratures seem far lower, around 30-40c. Assuming the sensor isn't to blame (and it isn't, if the feel of the case is any indication), are there any reliable ways to lower MB tempurature with simple BIOS and power settings?

Running an old F1a55-M (FM1) on Win 7 Home Premium, SP1.

EDIT: The motherboard idles at 47, which also seems high. I've changed locations for better airflow several times and wonder if I just flat-out need a larger case.

A:Question re: system temperatures

Fans running, dust?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-re-system-temperatures.217445/
Relevancy 16.34%

FIXED The backplate of the video card looked exactly like my old one but it was somehow making my video card not slide down far enough took it off and now its running HUH ZA If there is a big danger in running it so lofty without a backplate message me and let me know If you have a msi g check the damn backplate I bought a nividia off ebay and my mobo does not detect it It lights up but that is it I can send it back but I wanted to know what I can try first I get this message system card My video does my detect not with the install cd when I use the auto driver updater on nvidia and when I manually download the driver from the nvidia site My old radeon worked fine Old card MSI R GAMING G -Bit GDDR This graphics driver could not find compatible hardware GV-N G GAMING- GD nvidia requires and pin connector Mobo z pro asrock CPU k PSU watt ocz sxs What I have done so far Connected the Power Connectors x My system does not detect my video card -Pin x -Pin From my old card to the new card Im using my old power converters could that matter Id use the one that came with the card but a damn wire is hanging out of its area Checked device manager no device Checked bios made sure pci-e x is the primary video card source Checked my bios mobo overview and it says there is nothing in that slot Uninstalled all amd and nvidia driver in the control panel Uninstalled all drivers with gurus free amd and nvidia Display Driver Uninstaller in safemode Reseated the card Googled a lot Im now going to reset the bios I heard I can also update the bios would that even matter am I just trying to hard to make this possibly DOA card work nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-system-does-not-detect-my-video-card.216578/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi,

I've got a S1150 system, which - as we all know - has a very limited amount of PCI-Express lanes. I recently invested in a couple NZXT S340 cases, and I find them extremely cramped for cable management. I'm considering dumping my dual SATA3 SSD raids in these computers in favor of M2 SSD's to eliminate some of the cable mess, but I'm wondering how this will affect my graphics card performance, as I believe this would cut my graphics card's PCI-Express lanes down to x8 (3.0), just as if I was using a PCI-Express SSD.

Does anyone have first hand experience with this type of setup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/m2-ssd-on-s1150-system.216427/
Relevancy 24.51%

My monitor going to sleep mode if I connect to my nvidia VGA card card.
LG monitor saying "SLEEP MODE ACTIVATED" Red light is blinking
BUT
I connect to my on board VGA it's working properly....
Please Help

Advance thanks .....

A:VGA card on Sleep Mode

The "sleep mode activated" message is normal on the monitor if it is receiving no signal from the PC (VGA card). You need to connect it to on board VGA and tell your system which card to use (or which order) in the BIOS. I cannot tell you how to get into BIOS since I do not know your PC brand/model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vga-card-on-sleep-mode.215807/
Relevancy 15.91%

Here ya go T, the final product...well probably not

2.2Kw Holodeck 7

[email protected]
Gigabyte GA-990-FXA-UD7 (rev 1.1)
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 MHz
4 X HD 7970 Quadfire
1x Corsiar AX1200W
2x FSP Group X5 500W =1000W
1XNexXxos XT45mm x 360mm Rads
2 x NexXxos XT45mm x 240mm Rads
1x NexXxos XT45mm x 120mm Rads
3X VPP-655 Pumps
1X Phobya DC-12-400 Pump
Koolance 370 CPU Block
4 x Heatkiller GPU X-3 Waterblocks
Rad Fans: Coolermaster Excalibur
Bitspower & Monsoon Fittings
Primochill Advanced LRT Tubing
Case CoolerMaster Cosmos 2
Heatkiller X-3 Multilink Quad Bridge
BitsPower Z-Multi 250mML Reservoir
Eyefinity 3+1 Extended 5760 x 1080-25" Monitors

I did end up going full parallel on the GPU's They go from idle @ 28c to 36c under load (Heaven 4.0)

Relevancy 15.48%

I have a three month old Dell Dimension GHZ P Gig Ram and a gig SATA Hard Drive When I got the computer I used the files and transfer PC Relocator utility And had in Error system drives did hard Message: disk find Setup not your installed any a bunch of unwanted extras that came with it I m having a Satellite Internet system installed and they wanted a clean install of windows XP So I opened the owner s manual and got out the reinstallation disk and the problems began By the way Dell tech support s only response has been to say gee that s not right and would send a tech sometime after Christmas Anyway heres step by step what I did I boot to the Dell reinstallation disk Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system The windows setup screen appears and loads files The next screen says welcome to setup and offers three options -to setup XP press enters To repair XP press R to exit without installing XP press F I press enter and the following message comes up Setup did not find any hard disk installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected And any disk related configuration is correct ect Press F to quit It dose this if I try repair also Dell had me check the connections to the HD and Motherboard They re good And debug the hard drive No luck Everything worked fine until I put in the reinstallation disk Any help would be welcome nbsp

A:Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

During Setup, it will ask you if you need any extra drivers such as SCSI (or SATA in your case). If so, press F6. Now you are in trouble, because SATA drivers come on a floppy and new(er) Dells don't have a floppy anymore. Borrow a floppy-drive from another PC and install that in your Dell.
Setting up with the Dell disks, I'm not sure if they are RESTORE-disks or full XP-disks.
That may cause another problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.18329/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi I have my new PC for a months everything worked perfect till one morning I turned it on and the monitor SAMSUNG tried to detect the graphic card ASUS R without any success and turned to sleep mode The monitor works without problems with another PC or Laptop I connected the VGA card to my tv LG and it works without problems after when I connected it back to my monitor it works but not stable in the screen resolution properties it doesn t recognize turn to and sleep detect Monitor mode Card Graphics can't the monitor it s going in safe mode for any entering to game installing some program or restarting of the computer I tried to put my Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode GTX into that slot there are slots for graphic cards and I tried both of them instead of R and everything works without problems So I decided to connect my GTX that works perfect to x slot and the R to Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode x slot connecting the monitor to GTX it detect also the R without any problems but when I disconnect the monitor from the GTX and connect to R the monitor going to safe mode again I tried all these connections with many different cables all the cables are in working condition If somebody can help me I will be grateful Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-cant-detect-monitor-and-turn-to-sleep-mode.212064/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hello there,
You can't buy these any more, and there's nothing on ebay.
Anyone have any ideas or one to sell. please let me know!
-Lisa renee

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-control-pod-for-altec-lansing-fx4021-speaker-system.207745/
Relevancy 16.34%

My graphics card previously got wet and frankly I don t know enough about computers in order to know what part to order for this How can I find the best graphics card for this system Or more simply can someone tell me what is the best card this system can support Information below Field Value Computer Operating System Windows Home Premium Home Edition OS Service Pack - DirectX DirectX c Computer Name STARFISH User Name Patrick Motherboard CPU Type DualCore system? for Best graphics card this Intel Pentium Best graphics card for this system? D MHz Motherboard Name Unknown Motherboard Chipset Unknown System Memory MB BIOS Type Unknown Communication Port Communications Port COM Multimedia Audio Adapter High Definition Audio Controller NoDB Storage IDE Controller Intel R G ICH Family Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - DF SCSI RAID Controller Intel R ICH R DH SATA RAID Controller Disk Drive ST AS Disk Drive WDC WD AAKX- ERMA Disk Drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB SM Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device Optical Drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S A ATA Device SMART Hard Disks Status Unknown Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard Standard PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Network Network Adapter Belkin Wireless Adapter Network Adapter Intel R PRO PL Network Connection Peripherals Printer Fax Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer USB Controller Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - C NoDB USB Controller Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - C NoDB nbsp

A:Best graphics card for this system?

Look for a model number printed on your motherboard, usually printed around the CPU area.

The info you provided only tells us you are using a Pentium D. Most likely an 820 (could also be either 915 or 920) but not positive. In any case this would be an LGA775 platform, which usually has a PCIe x16 slot. But without knowing the model number of the motherboard so we can check, I'm not going to swear on PCIe x16 support. I am leaning toward PCIe x16 support, since you stated having a graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-graphics-card-for-this-system.207505/
Relevancy 24.08%

My laptop doesnot load when it is in hibernate or sleep. if I want to load it,I must have refresh mycomputer many times as soon as it boot up!

A:Asus N53SM wake up from sleep issues

This may be caused by a faulty video driver. Check to see if there is a update for the video driver and make sure you have applied all the Windows Updates

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-n53sm-wake-up-from-sleep-issues.207218/
Relevancy 15.91%

Error 0x4001100200001012 attempting to boot from the System Repair CD created on a Dell.

Apparently, this is specific to Dell and their Hack with DataSafe. You can use any System Repair CD generated on some other platform and it will give you access to restore your System Image. Google using that error code and you'll find lots of info. A Windows Install disk will work too.

I have a SR cd from another system and it works just fine :whew:

Don't get caught up a creek w/o a paddle - - if you plan on using a System Image to recover a system,
make sure you have the tools which will allow that image to be restored - - DON'T ASSUME!

background: I'm seeing SMART data that corroborates my laptop HD is degrading and I wanted to prove I could restore when the replacement arrives. As this Dell laptop is a pain to open up, I didn't want to go down in flames due to procedural errors or lack of familiarity. ( I'll never by another Dell )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/caveat-emptor-dell-system-repair-disk.207223/
Relevancy 24.51%

My laptop goes into sleep mode even on slightest jerk applied on screen to rotate it,what possibly could be wrong, and on repairing how much could it cost

A:Laptop going into sleep on bending the screen

Sounds like a fault somewhere in the wiring (or a "switch" that is located inside the hinges for the laptop screen. Not 100% sure but without knowing make and model of your laptop, it is my best guess.
What you can do is the following:

Select "Power Options" in the "Control Panel" list.

Click the plus sign next to "Power buttons and lid" to expand its sub-list.
Click the plus sign next to "Lid close action" to expand its sub-list.
Click the word "Sleep" to open a drop-down menu next to the power plan you wish to adjust (e.g. Plugged In). Select "Do Nothing" from the drop-down menu.
Click "OK" to save your settings and exit the window.
This should disable the sleep option, then you wont have to worry about it until you can get it fixed properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-going-into-sleep-on-bending-the-screen.206467/
Relevancy 12.9%

I replaced the mobo on my Dell 5510. Purchased from Dell. Sticker on mobo says BIOS ver A05. About every other day I get blue screen and physical dump of memory. My system info says my BIOS ver is A07. How do I go about changing BIOS? Is it as simple as pulling battery for 15 seconds? Some have offered this suggestion but I get a little worried at "friends" advice.

A:Replaced MOBO on Dell 5510 BIOS sticker on MOBO says A05, system in still has BIOS of A07

Removing the battery won't change the BIOS version. You need to download the version you require from the Dell site. From Windows you "flash" the BIOS. Take your time preparing for this. If anything goes wrong you will wreck your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-mobo-on-dell-5510-bios-sticker-on-mobo-says-a05-system-in-still-has-bios-of-a07.206391/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hello, and thank you in advance.

I'm building a computer for my Dad, and need help choosing the CPU/motherboard. He will only use it for internet browsing, email, youtube, office etc. No gaming whatsoever.

I'm assuming a CPU with built in graphics is best. I've only built higher end gaming machines, and know very little about integrated graphics.

So my question is, what is the best cpu/motherboard combo that isn't overkill for a simple system like this?

A:CPU for a non-gaming system

I will assume there are no CPU intensive application. And with the assumption make a statement that there are no PC configurations today that will not suffice for these needs.

Anything with dual cores or more should be fine for these needs. If this wasn't the case, people wouldn't be buying tablets for the same purposes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-for-a-non-gaming-system.204662/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi, I just installed a gigabyte ga-z77x-d3h into my system (i5 3570), and even after reinstalling windows the computer is very glitchy, it takes ages to come on, freezes, and usb devices don't work half the time.

I'm thinking it's a dodgy motherboard. Any ideas?

A:System is very glitchy after installing new motherboard

Actually my first post was wrong, (this is someone else's computer) reinstalling windows fixed the glitches it just pauses on the windows logo for about five minutes before booting up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-is-very-glitchy-after-installing-new-motherboard.204643/
Relevancy 16.34%

My System Specs

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer MSI
System Model MS-7641
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD FX(tm)-4170 Quad-Core Processor, 4200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V17.10, 10/08/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.98 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.32 GB
Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 11.4 GB
Page File Space 7.98 GB

I would like to get this graphics card http://www.dabs.com/products/asus-g...rage - Graphics, TV Tuners and I/O - Graphics will my system be able to handle this?

A:Graphics Card How Good Does My System Need To Be?

While it can handle it, it will be greatly bottlenecked by the CPU. Also, we need to make sure your PSU can handle it, so if you can post your full system specs including the PSU, HDD, motherboard,etc., that would great.

You can probably upgrade the CPU to an 8350 since it uses the same socket. But you may need to apply a BIOS update. BUT, before we get ahead of ourselves, please post full system specs like said above. Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-how-good-does-my-system-need-to-be.204430/
Relevancy 16.34%

I m officially out of ideas and I m hoping you kind way of operating notebook system No on installing folk here could help me out I have a Hp notebook whose hard disc I formatted while transfering data from it to my computer so I could do a fresh OS When I returned the hard disc into the notebook I found No way of installing operating system on notebook that I could not install Windows by any medium I tried plugging in an external DVD reader and installing windows like I did the first time on this notebook but No way of installing operating system on notebook it would not read from the device BIOS recognises it only as USB LEGACY SUPPORT When I tried installing windows from an USB like I did many times on my computer the screen would freeze when I pressed any key to No way of installing operating system on notebook boot from USB I tried changing USB ports for the devices I used it did not help and I tried changing USB memory sticks from which I booted but alas no success I don t know if there is a way of transfering the files from the dvd onto the hard disc make it bootable somehow and then install the OS on the hard drive the same one I also tried installing other OS using the same methods Windows and XP but have had the same problems P S I haven t tried preinstalling a system on the hard drive on another computer and then inserting the HD into the notebook hoping it would boot I tried that once on a comuter and have had no success Please do help cheers nbsp

A:No way of installing operating system on notebook

Does this help ?
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...all-Windows7-on-HP-2140-using-USB/td-p/301650

or this ?
http://www.suren.net/2010/03/11/installing-windows-7-off-a-usb-drive-on-an-hp-mini-2140/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-way-of-installing-operating-system-on-notebook.200793/
Relevancy 16.34%

Ok guys. I am planning to build a system(of course a PC)and I really wanth to know is it worth it, I want to hear your oppinions.
CPU-AMD Athlon X4 760K
MB-MSI A88XM E35
GPU-MSI R7 260X
RAM-Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
HDD-500GB WD Caviar Blue
PSU-Corsair CX430
Case-I am still thinking about it, maybe Cooler Master K280
I am curious are these parts all compatible and can I run Battlefield 3 on ultra with this?
Thanks guys.

A:Is this system worth it?

ace2001 said:

Ok guys. I am planning to build a system(of course a PC)and I really wanth to know is it worth it, I want to hear your oppinions.
CPU-AMD Athlon X4 760K
MB-MSI A88XM E35
GPU-MSI R7 260X
RAM-Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
HDD-500GB WD Caviar Blue
PSU-Corsair CX430
Case-I am still thinking about it, maybe Cooler Master K280
I am curious are these parts all compatible and can I run Battlefield 3 on ultra with this?
Thanks guys. Click to expand...

Well you will not get a smooth 60 FPS on Ultra in BF3 with this system. So I would say no you cannot run it on ultra since at the 1080p realm the card averages above 30FPS on ultra.

If you want a system to run BF3/4 on ultra, might we here your budget so we could help you pick out a better parts list?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-system-worth-it.201450/
Relevancy 16.34%

I bought a Samsung 840 SSD (120GB) for my gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 motherboard. I am unable to install win 7 64bit on it. It is a SATA SSD.

I have tried ACHD mode in the BIOS, I have tried IDE mode. The drive works as I have tested it as an external drive on other computers.

I bought the drive specifically to be used as a primary drive.

My regular hard drives work fine on the motherboard.

A:Unable to install SSD on Win7 x64 system

Well, first of all, your motherboard only supports 3GB/s and the 840 is a 6GB/s drive. Just by that you won't really get your moneys worth. And how so are you unable to install? Also can you please list your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-ssd-on-win7-x64-system.190141/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with monitor which is a samsung syncmaster 2333. When ever I play a game on my pc with my xbox controller it goes to sleep after a while, when using mouse it never does. The power settings are all set to never sleep or turn off monitor. When it does go to sleep I move my mouse and I'm back in business. Any Ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-to-sleep.199473/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hey I just bought a new
mb http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130709
processor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113280
memory http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428
video card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130680

I did not replace my HDD and the are 3GB not 6 GB as this board supports but are SATA and I have nothing special starting up beside the basic items and AVG 2013 and magic ISO which I had all this on my old system. I am running windows 7 and it takes this machine almost 5 min to boot up it just sits at the windows display screen. I never overclocked anything but I thought this upgrade would be faster than my 4 year old system that this replaced, not slower! OK so any ideas? Would the 6GB SATA HDD drive make that much of a difference?

A:Slow (new) system

6GB HDD? Dude what, that's ancient.

Get a new HDD, or a cheap SSD - you'll really see it fly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-new-system.198644/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hye. I juz wnt to ask some short question.

Does my Amd Athlon X2 5600+ 2.9Ghz overclock bottleneck wif my HD4850 IceQ 4 gpu??
and
How much the performance increase if I upgrade my current cpu to Amd Athlon II X2 270??

Thnx guys.

A:Is My System Bottleneck

If you are going to upgrade and your system supports it, you might as well try to get a 4 core. Especially on an AMD rig, where CPU performance is weaker than Intel core for core. The "AMD Athlon II X4 650" is about the weakest performance I would recommend to anyone. It is comparable to the Core i3-2100 which is as low as I recommend for Intel CPU's.

For generalized performance you can take a look at these benchmarks. - http://www.cpubenchmark.net/

Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+ - 1463
Athlon II X2 270 - 1988
Athlon II X4 650 - 3663
Core i3-2100 - 3603

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-system-bottleneck.196864/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hello, im looking to build my own home surveillance system to act as a DVR with cameras. im looking to build it inside a normal midtower computer case. but I want all the cameras to be hooked directly to the computer and have a few terabytes of storage. some lists of ideas and/or builds you would like to share would be ideal.

A:Home surveillance system custom build ideas?

Have you contacted NSA?

P.S.
Ignore my stu-pid attempt at humor, I couldn't resist with all the NSA news going around. I'm sure someone with actual experience will join in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-surveillance-system-custom-build-ideas.194183/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello. I want to find out why Windows does this cheking to my Memory Card. It happened while booting. After "Checking file system on D:
The type of the file system is FAT32." and other stuffs like: "Unrecoverable error in folder \System Volume Information\catalog.wci.", or "\Sounds\FosterThePeople-PumpedUpKicks(ButchClancyRMX).mp3 first allocation unit is not valid. The entry will be truncated." and "Cross link resolved by copying.
\Images\IMG00502-20121218-1525.jpg is cross-linked on allocation unit 6984." After this proces Windows started normaly. I've cheked my documents on the card and found out that some images were damaged and some old music appeared, but only samples, from about 18 seconds to 56. I foud, also, a "BOOTEX.LOG" file, written in Notepad. Could you explain what happened, please? &sorry if there are some bad spelled words.

A:Checking file system on D: The type of the file system is FAT32

It perhaps got removed incorrectly while some programs still had the file data open/in memory. I'd pull everything off the card, format it, and put the data back.

What is the card in? Does it have to be FAT32? Could you use ExFAT instead?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/checking-file-system-on-d-the-type-of-the-file-system-is-fat32.193835/
Relevancy 16.34%

I m looking to buy computers to be used for Adobe Premiere Pro Budget needs to be kept in mind as we don t have limitless money Currently have two specs suggested by our supplier what are peoples thoughts Spec CPU Intel Pentium Premiere Spec Pro For Adobe System G Cores Threads GHz RAM X GB DDR SSD GB Kingston System Spec For Adobe Premiere Pro SSD GPU Sapphire AMD Radeon HD GB Spec CPU Intel Core i - Cores Threads Ghz RAM X GB DDR SSD GB Kingston SSD GPU Sapphire AMD Radeon HD GB The main thing I m interested in is the CPU and GPU is the i worth it over the Pentium about a price difference per computer Is the Graphics Card good enough It is not on the recommended list by Adobe for Premiere Pro will that be an issue Should we pick another that is recommend Intel Pentium G http ark intel com products Intel-Pentium-Processor-G - M-Cache- -GHz Intel Core i - http ark intel System Spec For Adobe Premiere Pro com products Intel-Core-i - -Processor- M-Cache-up-to- -GHz nbsp

A:System Spec For Adobe Premiere Pro

What is your budget for each computer? Because both PCs will struggle greatly in Premier Pro.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-spec-for-adobe-premiere-pro.193635/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I couldn't find another place to right about my issue, I have the same laptop, and I have the weirdest problem!

My screen turns on but I can't install any OS, I have tried Ubuntu, windows 8, windows xp.... for example for windows 8 it shows a logo and then a blank screen, for Ubuntu I can't even boot from CD!

I have tried CD, usb drive
I have ran PC-CHECK, and it says no problem!
I have taken out the hd, and dvd drive to just boot from CD, and still nothing!

I have also updated the bios to the latest version from acer's website, this is so frustrating please help me
your help is appreciated in advance

A:Can't install any operating system

What is the make and model of your laptop? Have you changed anything in your Bios other then updating to the latest version? Did you update to the latest version of the bios before or after you started having problems?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-any-operating-system.193122/
Relevancy 16.34%

Ok so im setting up a speaker system in a gym and I was originally looking at using ipad control to access music and then play through the speakers, found that too expensive so I found these :

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=20167
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=20712

Now all I need is a speaker system (5.1) that has USB on it, I thought I found one with the Logitech Z906:

http://www.logitech.com/en-au/product/speaker-system-Z906?crid=47

But doesn't seem to have it anymore?
Anyone know of any products which could help me out?

A:Need a 5.1 speaker system with USB input

5.1 is pointless for music, as music is 2-channel. Purchase any powered speakers and the product on your first link and you'll be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-5-1-speaker-system-with-usb-input.192654/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have an HP Probook with Athlon II dual core. It starts to overheat as soon as it comes out of sleep mode. It will get up to 200*F with the fan running and the whole case gets hot. If I shut it down and restart, the temp will stay normal, 120*, for as long as it stays awake. But if I let it go to sleep and wake it up, the overheating starts. It gets hotter everyday. Was only going up to 180* yesterday. Any ideas? Thanks

A:Laptop overheats after coming out of sleep

Check Task Manager processes on what is chewing your CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-overheats-after-coming-out-of-sleep.192279/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys hope every things good there, im fine but im facing some issues with my lenovo z580 it started 2 days ago, the laptop just don't go into sleep mode when I close the lid I removed the power management software, reinstalled but nothing the problem remains does anyone faced the same or similar issue before? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

A:Lenovo z580 no sleep with lid closed

What power management software did you remove? You can't remove the windows power management features.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-z580-no-sleep-with-lid-closed.191918/
Relevancy 16.34%

New here so not sure where to ask this question and hope I'm in the right place. When my pc sits idle for a while, the fan starts to run & doesn't stop when I move the mouse to come out of sleep. The fan runs with nothing happening & the screen remains black. The only way to stop it is to power it off. I can wait a minute & power it back up. It re-boots & everything appears to be fine after that. The power button also blinks more times than not but everything seems to be running okay. When the computer sits idle again for a period of time, I go through the whole thing all over again. Can anyone offer a resolution to this or can I expect my pc to go out on me in the near future?

Thanks,
Heelsfan

A:PC fan runs when my system is idle

Try changing the power-down settings for your drives, CPU, etc. in Control Panel/Power Options/Edit Plan settings/Change Advanced Power Settings - there you can configure all power options for all hardware. Try changing just one setting at a time and waiting to see if the problem goes away. That way maybe you can figure out what is causing the problem. If nothing else works, try disabling CPU c-states in the BIOS. Certain hardware and software configurations have conflicts with Windows and can sometimes be fixed by changing settings. Also, make sure all fans and heat sinks are free of dust (by blowing out with compressed air if possible).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-fan-runs-when-my-system-is-idle.191119/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hello all I m having a pretty unique issue My laptop s battery died recently out of the blue HP DV t I purchased a replacement battery The battery seems to be working fine holds a charge well It doesn t fit perfectly there s a slight amount of quot jiggling quot but I can jiggle the battery around and the power does not turn off or anything When I close the lid to my laptop it goes resume during Shutdown system into sleep mode When I reopen the lid the log in Shutdown during system resume screen appears and then the laptop dies I can manually turn it on again after seconds or after removing the battery and putting it back in This does not occur when the laptop is plugged in I have been trying to experiment to see what else triggers this to happen I have found that when I go into quot Hibernation quot mode and then wake the laptop up it dies during the quot system resume quot process It will continue to repeatedly die during system resume until it is plugged into a charger and then starts up normally Does this sound like a faulty battery issue or something more Where in the world can I find a reputable source for a HP DV T battery Running Windows Home Premium -bit for the record I m inclined to just blame the battery but as the old battery is dead I cannot know for sure nbsp

A:Shutdown during system resume

Yes, I would return that "cheap" battery and make sure that you get a equavalent battery with the same HP part number

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shutdown-during-system-resume.190883/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi I am a novice here so do excuse any technical inaccuracies in reporting this problem First let me specify my system configuration and then the problem My system configuration is as below AMD Athlon II X Processor GHz on MSI GMA-E motherboard with GB X GB Kingston DDR RAM My OS is Windows Ultimate Ed bit Now I have three HDDs installed inside the CPU the CMOS whirring system noise slowdown & HDD setup details of which are as below IDE Primary Master Seagate ST A GB capacity IDE Primary Slave Samsung SV H GB capacity SATA Hewlett Packard DVD Writer d ATAPI SATA Western Digital WDC WDS AADS - S B GB capacity The WDC Western Digital SATA drive is my main HDD the most recent one bought and installed on September The OS Windows is installed on the C partition of this drive and my system boots from this drive I ve created three partitions on this drive as follows C - GB approx HDD whirring noise & system slowdown D - GB approx E - GB approx The IDE drives are old HDDs that I was using around in an old system and are filled with important data movies mp s ebooks official HDD whirring noise & system slowdown docs etc They contain no OS system files The Samsung IDE HDD whirring noise & system slowdown drive has partitions while the Seagate IDE drive has no partitions So effectively my HDD structure on Windows Explorer in my computer looks as below C WDC SATA partition D WDC SATA partition E WDC SATA partition F DVD Writer G Seagate IDE partition H Seagate IDE partition I Seagate IDE partition J Samsung IDE Now here s the problem As long as I keep working on the data whether it is watching movies listening to music or accessing anything stored on the new WDC SATA drive C D and E partitions the system works great But the moment I try to access any data from the older IDE drives the system slows down drastically followed by a whirring noise obviously from the old drives After about - minutes the system is back to normal so long as I am working on the C D or E partitions of the SATA WDC drive Is there any way I can prevent this slowdown without having to remove the older IDE drives from inside the CPU I cannot afford to delete any of the data from the older IDE drives And if removing them is the only option is it possible to access the data in the older IDE drives externally by simply connecting them through the USB port How can I go about doing that Thanks in advance for any advice in this regard nbsp

A:HDD whirring noise & system slowdown

I don't really have good suggestions for you, but:
- The HDDs are probably old and dying. IDE ribbon cables are obsolete technology.
- If you get rid of them, you can use 'Roadkils unstoppable copier' or similar, and copy them to your WDC. 100GB total, you might have this space.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-whirring-noise-system-slowdown.190644/
Relevancy 16.34%

Building a comp for a friend, budget is to be as low as possible (sub AUD$350 hopefully, check www.centrecom.com.au for prices).

She's going to be using it for basic computing (web browsing, watching DVDs) and basic photoshop. This computer is replacing an 8 year old laptop (to give you an idea how much computing power she really needs).

I'm thinking Intel G550, just because she'll get better use of more CPU power over the better graphics the AMD5300 would offer.

I really just need a suggestion for CPU, but if you have a motherboard suggestion that would be good, and if you really want, feel free to build a complete box (if you do, she doesn't need a storage HDD, just a boot HDD/SSD depending on budget).

Thanks in advance.

A:AMD or Intel for basic system?

For basic PC usage a G550 will be fine since those tasks don't really make use of multiple cores or threads. But I'd be more inclined to go for a G860/G870, they don't cost that much more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-or-intel-for-basic-system.187122/
Relevancy 16.34%

Microphone Jack isnt working microphone isnt being read what is the problem the sound card or the Jacks themselves the mic isnt the problem cause it works on the laptop just not on the pc..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-works-on-one-system-but-not-another.189222/
Relevancy 15.91%

I got a system in recently with a weird issue It would reset after a few sticks, System restarts memory fine two with with one minutes and then shorter and System restarts with two memory sticks, fine with one shorter intervals on restart continually I tested for all the normal stuff power supply temperature unplugged the video card and checked the error logs but only the unexpected restarts were listed with no suspicious events around them If I removed a memory stick it ran fine though I thought it was a bad stick but I ran memtest on both sticks without errors for a few passes Immediately though if I plug in both sticks the system won t stay on for more than a minute or two I adjusted just about every bios setting concerning memory without change and tried loading bios failsafe defaults Anyways I m considering between just telling the owner that the system can only support one ram stick now likely due to some motherboard fault or trying to do a bios update though I m a bit hesitant that if there are issues with the motherboard maybe I should just leave the bios version alone I d be interested in hearing others takes on the issue CPU- AMD Athlon X GHZ Motherboard- amd gm-m RAM- CORSAIR CM X - C MHZ System restarts with two memory sticks, fine with one - - - nbsp

A:System restarts with two memory sticks, fine with one

Often a faulty memory stick will work by itself, but then fail once running in duel channel.

Unfortunately this is very difficult to test with two sticks, so there's no guarantee that this is the issue. You may just have to buy some new memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-restarts-with-two-memory-sticks-fine-with-one.189047/
Relevancy 16.34%

Anybody here where can I watch how to create a system ? I want to learn to create a system .. can u help me.. thanks

A:How to create a system?

Probably the best PC building tutorial around. Make sure you watch all 3 parts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-create-a-system.188978/
Relevancy 24.51%

Acer Aspire T180 Decktop with windows xp media center edition.

AST180-EA350M

Does it on 2 different monitors.One them is a brand new monitor that was never used but in box for awhile.

A:Monitor goes to sleep/goes blank randomly

Do you have on-board video or a separate video card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-to-sleep-goes-blank-randomly.187498/
Relevancy 16.34%

My processor is AMD athlon 64 x2 Dual Core processor 4400 + (2 CPU's)
Memory is 3.5gigs ram
Directx 11
Display is Radeon X1300/X1500 series.

Should I just get rid of my pc and get a new one when I can afford it or should I buy parts for it?

A:How do I turn my PC into a gaming system?

What kind of motherboard do you have? It'd let everyone know just how much you can upgrade it.. But I honestly think you should get a whole new computer. I can't see your motherboard being able to take any Quad-Core (or more) processors. Merely a guess atm though.

If you don't know your motherboard-- http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/ --just download that and it will tell you.

If you do get a new computer you can safe your hard drive, cd-drom, power supply and case and save a few bucks. So all you'd really need is a Motherboard/CPU/GPU.. The power supply is a maybe, It depends on how many watts it is and what kind of connectors it has. Another thing you could let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-turn-my-pc-into-a-gaming-system.187169/
Relevancy 16.34%

Is there a list or something someone can link me? How much does 2.2 use? 4.4?

A:How much CPU and RAM does the Droid's operating system use?

Roughly, the Android OS uses 7GB. The CPU usage as well as the RAM usage depends on how many downloads and apps are running at a given time

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-cpu-and-ram-does-the-droids-operating-system-use.185761/
Relevancy 16.34%

My experience with computers is limited I want this to play iRacing http www iracing com membership system-requirements I already have a monitor keyboard mouse case graphics card Here is what I have so far looking to see if it will new Building for iRacing a system all work together in harmony ASUS P Z -M LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Building a new system for iRacing Gb s USB Micro ATX Intel Motherboard http www newegg com Product Produ rue amp Keywords keywords amp Page scrollFullInfo COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power RS -PCARE -US W ATX V V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBXL http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Western Digital WD RE WD ABYX GB RPM MB Building a new system for iRacing Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive http Building a new system for iRacing www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM Black SATA Model iHAS - - OEM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Microsoft Windows -bit Full Version - OEM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E EVGA G-P -N -TR GeForce GT HDMI GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Thanks for your help in advance Let me know if I m missing anything I forgot the processor Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz LGA W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Building a new system for iRacing

Hi I would make some changes:

ASRock H77 Pro4-M LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
EVGA 01G-P4-3650-KR GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

I'm not quite sure if you said you already bought the graphics card. That'd be too bad IMO a 9800gt 1gb is a poor choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-system-for-iracing.186855/
Relevancy 16.34%

My System is Motherboard Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD bios version F Proccessor AMD FX X SOCKET AM GHZ good FPS system low Very with MB CACHE NM Ram GB X mhz corsair ram HDD x gb WDB Sata HDD Graphic Cards MSI X AMD HD Crossfire My problem is I got seriosly low fps on everygame and I really need help because its really annoying trying to fix this like months now FPS in games like --- World of Warcraft MOP Ultra Settings with p res Min - fps-max Very low FPS with good system fps in main cities Very low FPS with good system and - other zones --- Witcher min fps max ultra settings with ubersampling on Min - max ubersampling off --- Battlefield min max p res all on ultra it was max when I was using driver with it drops to max somehow got texture flickering while looking far distance with sniper etc --- NFS Most Wanted Min Max with all settings on ultra Most people have better performance then me in games with same system less graphic card somehow Before this system I had AMD Phenom x ghz cpu gb mhz kingston ram with gtx and I made raid xWD GB HDD I was playing rift with min fps on p ultra settings supersampling on Then I formatted my pc when I opened rift I saw my fps was max with supersampling on So I changed my graphic card to single HD But this time it was fps more better in all games Some people said that my power supply watt xilence is low for that graphic card so I buyed a new one with watt xilence But I saw nothing changes I thought my cpu bottlenecking so I buyed current system on top and I saw that only more fps better in all games again I dont think this fps is normal with this system I tried nearly everyhing but nothing fix this problem Only I didnt change my hdd s yet Now most people says HDD is the problem but I dont wanna buy something for nothing again I plugged my second graphic card to x pc slot because of when I plug x both cards stick together and makes overheat problems I just changed it x to x after I got longer CF bridge cable Btw I tried second card in x - x and x pc slots all gives the same fps Here is a bechmark result while second card in x slot with windows http www dmark com dm And here is the second one with x slot windows http www dmark com dm I really need help atm because after all this changes my pc is like from year and im tired of searching what cause the problem nbsp

A:Very low FPS with good system

Is CF working? When I upgraded to 12.10 the second card wasn't being picked up so I rolled back to 12.8.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-low-fps-with-good-system.186825/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hi,

My system is as follows:
ASUS P4PE Mobo
NVidia GeForce4 MX440 graphics with AGP8X
80GB HDD
512 MBRAM
Thermaltake PSU
Philips 17" Flatscreen Monitor

OK so my monitor has bit the dust. I dont want to upgrade any of my computer components because its too old. About 9.5 yrs. I want an LCD monitor thats going to overlap from now until I buy a complete new system. I dont want to buy a monitor that will be underspec'd for the new system. Im not very knowledgeable on their resolutions and whats not compatible or why, nor about aspect ratios and compatibility.

Question:
- My Video Card has a max resolution 1024x768 pix . Can I use a 16.9 and the standard resolutions of today?

Thanks for any help.

A:Replacing dead monitor for older system

You can use any monitor with any graphics card, with 2 caveats; must have compatible ports (DVI,VGA,HDMI,DisplayPort) or use an adapter, and your resolution will be limited to the component with the smaller value (your card's 1024x768). So until you build the new system, it will display the same size as your old one, with a wide black bar on either side (but should look better anyway). The sweet spot these days is 23" widescreen (less than $150), 24" under $200, and 27" start at $250. I have an Acer 23" and it's big enough for me. Remember, though, when you have a bigger monitor it will run at lower frame rates with a given video card, so keep that in mind when spec'ing the new system. Until 3 months ago I was where you are (Pentium 4 3.4 GHz). I gradually upgraded my parts until I ended up with this;

Asus P8Z77-V, Intel [email protected] GHz, Kingston HyperX [email protected] MHz, EVGA GTX 550 Ti [email protected] MHZ/2257 MHz, Corsair H100 liquid cooling, Ultra X4 750w, Corsair Carbide 400R, 2 x WDC Green 2TB, 1 x WDC Blue 500GB, 1 x Hitachi 400 GB, 1 x Hitachi 1TB external, LG M-Disc Super Multi DVD, 6 x 120mm case fans, Acer 23" [email protected], Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3000, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I've got about $1400 total in it (plus many months of research and list-making, which was half the fun) and it's so much faster I can hardly believe it, even without an SSD (soon!). So you can get a monitor now, then find a case you like and move into it, get your fans set up the way you want, then one day get a Z77 mobo and i5-3570K and switch everything over. You'll need a new hard drive, your old one is IDE and the new mobos are SATA. Later you can get a decent video card, faster RAM, an SSD, etc. BTW, the integrated Intel HD 4000 video on the 3570K is awesome, I used it for a week just to try it out, and it played most of my games okay. I envy you - for you, the fun is just beginning. New hardware aimed at the enthusiast market is a multi-billion dollar business now, so competition is fierce, prices are low, and great new stuff comes out almost daily. Do the research, read the reviews, and have fun.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-dead-monitor-for-older-system.185155/
Relevancy 16.34%

Trying to connect to a hotspot and get the error message above Current IP Config indicates the following Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and limited has no connectivity Dell My or system Settings Administrator gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected Ethernet adapter E B- AEF- F- F-E CDE A FDC Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Windows IP Configuration Host Name TUUSNYCLAP Primary Dns Suffix tcco org Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter E B- AEF- F- F-E CDE A FDC Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Nortel IPSECSHM Adapter Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Cont roller Physical Address - -B - -C - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless Dual Band WLAN Mi ni-Card Physical Address - - E-CC- A- B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Any Ideas on the My Dell system has limited or no connectivity issue nbsp

A:My Dell system has limited or no connectivity

Should be simple... The hotspot should give you the SSID and passphrase. It may be the type of encryption that is not compatible with the computers setup. Also make sure that your cell phone company has enabled the hotspot feature

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-system-has-limited-or-no-connectivity.184925/
Relevancy 16.34%

so I was playing warcraft 3 this morning then I played on my xbox for a little bit and when I went back onto my laptop I decided to restart it and when it got back on it couldnt connect to the internet or system restore and also I cant update my cpu can someone help me with this??

A:System restore does not work

What is the make and model of this laptop? You may have to try a laptop factory restore. This is not related to the Windows restore

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-restore-does-not-work.184109/
Relevancy 16.34%

I hooked up a USB drive to my DVR to epxand my recording time. The DVR reformated the USB hard drive. It turns out this drive is not compatable with the DVR. I would like to use the drive, as it is brand new, so I am trying to hook it up to my XP system. the drive shows up in the Device Manager as disk 4, but it does not show up in Disk Management. I also ran the "diskpart" utility. It does not show up in the "list disk", but I can "select disk 4". But when I do select it, I can't do anything to it. Any suggestions on how I can reformat this disk to use on an XP system?

A:USB drive doesn't show up on my XP system

Maybe the manufacturers manual will would be helpful. Can you provide me with the make an model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-drive-doesnt-show-up-on-my-xp-system.183676/
Relevancy 16.34%

I had believe actually how system little power my uses! Can't been wanting to do this for long time and finally just decided to I hooked up a Fluke ammeter to the input of my system to measure the total power consumption while running I think most of us have no real clue how much power we are using I Can't believe how little power my system actually uses! know I didn t Remember the Can't believe how little power my system actually uses! power supply is only about efficient so if the power consumption from the wall comes out to watts then the system is probably actually using watts Here s my system Athlon XP gig DDR RAM SCSI card plus SCSI drives GeForce MMX video CD burner DVD burner card reader fans When I bought the system I got an Antec watt PS When it went out I replaced it with a Seasonic watt fanless PS Now it was acting weird so I replaced that with a PC Power and Cooling watt PS With the two PS failures I was getting concerned about how much power I am using But when I measured the power the maximum draw was amps Which works out to watts from the wall and that is about watts available to the system I ran it for a while and did a bunch of things trying to work the CPU and drives as much as possible but that was the most power draw I could see I did not do anything with the CD or DVD drives but how much do they pull Am I missing something All this time I was thinking maybe watts wouldn t be enough but it looks like overkill nbsp

A:Can't believe how little power my system actually uses!

400w isn't really overkill since that system will draw around 330w under 100% load. That being said it is very rare that a system actually runs at 100% especially in a system such as that one where the drives make up a significant portion of the power draw. You would have to be running something graphically intensive, while writing to all HDDs, and using both optical drives which would likely be impossible on a single core CPU like the Athlon XP. Under normal conditions that system will likely draw around 150-200w when loaded so a good 350w PSU would likely be sufficient although a 400w would offer some extra overhead, a 500w would be slightly overkill but not excessively so especially given the minimal price difference between 400w and 500w PSUs these days. Your PSU failures are not likely caused by system loading but by the models of PSUs that were chosen. From The age of the system I'm guessing that the 480w antec was one of the older CWT built models (SmartPower,TruePower, TrueBlue,etc.) with failure prone fuhjyyu capacitors. The SeaSonic while a good unit, being fan less would likely run hot potentially reducing its capacity prematurely (all PSUs weaken over time but heat accelerates this). The PCP&C is an excellent option. While 500w may be a little overkill it should be as reliable as anything you can find (except for a server grade unit but those cost several time more than it).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-believe-how-little-power-my-system-actually-uses.182980/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hey everyone As you may see I m fairly new here having discovered this site not even a week ago when I started reading up lots and lots of articles and reviews on the current hardware available to build me a solid High-End system that would suit my needs So own system assembling time First my now that I have decided upon the following parts I d be thankful to know if may have missed something important or if there s anything that seems like an utter waste of money Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth Z CPU Intel i - k Graphics Gainward GTX Phantom GB First time assembling my own system If I d anywhere like to have an extra edge it d be the graphics card Additionally I chose the GB model because I do quite some photoshopping video editing and d modelling mapping plus I d like this card to be able to keep up with games for at least - years Memory G Skill DDR MHz x GB Storage OCZ Vertex GB I d like a good SSD to keep my OS and all my programs on GB because on my current PC even the GB partition can t hold all my Steam games and the heavy programs that I have also I intend to have a virtual machine running some time as well so there s no way a GB drive would be enough Storage Seagate Barracuda TB SATA rpm Case CoolerMaster Storm Trooper Power Unit Corsair TX V W Haven t really decided on the optical drive yet will probably go with the one from my current PC at first and get a good one later So if there s any tips or recommendations you could make I d be very thankful to hear them nbsp

A:First time assembling my own system

I think this will be an excellent system. What HSF will you be using? Hopefully not the retail one with the rest of the machine being so top-notch. It might also be worth going with a pair of 8GB DIMMs instead of 4x4. It should be fairly close in price but give you a better upgrade path in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-assembling-my-own-system.182486/
Relevancy 16.34%

I have satellite L645, I have used it for year and suddenly comes out pop up message, system warning, about cooling system. Any solution to this? It's really annoying. Pop up repeatedly for many times.

A:Cooling system

Your computer is telling you that it's hot and may need to shut down. If your computer continues to warn you that it's hot you will want to make cleaning out the dust a priority because the extra heat can break your computer.

Well it seems that over the years your laptop has collected dust in the heat sink and fan and is now overheating or beginning to overheat. You can buy a can of compressed air, and while the computer is turned off you can shoot some of that air into the intake vents to see if the accumulated dust will come out of the exhaust vents.

If your overheating condition doesn't improve, your second option would be to take your laptop apart and reuse the compressed air directly on the accumulated dust in the heat sink and fan. The second option isn't recommended for the inexperienced because you'll more than likely need a moderate level of skill to disassemble and reassemble the laptop, and you'll need to clean the processor of the old thermal paste, and reapply new thermal paste to the processor before you reattach its heat sink.

All of those steps can be a bit scary for the first timer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooling-system.181188/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi all,

I've got a new machine and am wanting to transfer my two HDDs in RAID config from my old machine in the new one.

OLD PC
Gigabyte P55 UD3R
Samsung HD103SJ 1TB x 2 (RAID)

NEW PC
Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H

Is this possible and if so, please can someone advise me on how to swap them.

Thanks,

A:RAID drives into new system?

You can transfer the RAID drives as new ones if you properly configure your BIOS using the motherboard's manual.
But that is not so easy if you have an OS installed on them. But here's an excellent guide.
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-drives-into-new-system.181154/
Relevancy 16.34%

AMD Atlon II X3 3.1GHZ
MSI NF725GM-P31 Mo
700W PSU
8gig ram
Windows 7

I currently lack the budget for my high end rig and would like to ask if buying a Gainward GTX 680 Phantom right now and placing it in my low end rig be okay?

A:Buying a high-end GPU for a low-end system

I wouldn't call your rig a "low end system." However, I don't think your computer will be able to take full advantage of what the GTX 680 can do. If you plan on upgrading your CPU or motherboard soon(6 to 12 months) I'd say go ahead and get it. Even though your rig cannot let the 680 "be all it can be," you will certainly get a LARGE increase in performance. It will also some what future proof your system. Only thing I'm worried about is your power supply, can you give me more details on the make and model of your PSU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-high-end-gpu-for-a-low-end-system.180615/
Relevancy 15.48%

Sorry I wasn t exactly sure where to post this thread I looked up how to remove this warning that keeps coming up on this forum earlier and followed the procedure someone posted about renaming a file called TWARNMSG EXE i couldn t find that file and as the problems and the make of laptop were slightly different I thought I d post my issue My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro C - W and I have a message that keeps coming up every seconds headed quot System Warning quot and reads quot Warning A problem with the cooling system has been detected C660-16W cooling Pro warning system -- Satellite Repetitive Toshiba Next Line Please turn off the computer immediately and return it for service quot I have had this warning coming up for months and tolerated it but it has gotten worse and annoyed me for the last time I can hear the fan and the computer is not over heating No other issues arise like the computer slowing down it just gets in the way of what I am doing like typing right now As I have typed it s already popped up - times Please help soon this is preventing me from gaming and even other things by now Thanks nbsp

A:Repetitive cooling system warning -- Toshiba Satellite Pro C660-16W

I'm going to have your thread moved to a more appropriate forum. Please stay subscribed.

Note: TWarnMsg twarnmsg.exe > Toshiba System Warning Function for Windows 98, Me, 2000 - provides notification dialog when the cooling fan stops ...

This is a valid program, but it is up to you whether or not you want it to run on startup.
---------------------------------------
There are some rogue programs that give fake alerts or 'critical system messages.' But this isn't one of them. It is specific to the brand of system you have. It might be that someone in the other forum has another idea- but my suggestion would be to take it to a show and have them open and clean out the box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repetitive-cooling-system-warning-toshiba-satellite-pro-c660-16w.179374/
Relevancy 15.91%

What parts of a system dictate the maximum amount of memory it can use? Does it come down to the number of lines in the address bus?

A:What parts of a system dictate the maximum amount of memory it can use?

The motherboard dictates how much RAM a system can hold. The OS dictates how much RAM can be used.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778(v=vs.85).aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-parts-of-a-system-dictate-the-maximum-amount-of-memory-it-can-use.179325/
Relevancy 16.34%

temperature when Idle
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8H61-M LX (LGA1155) 87 C

CPU temperature [Idle]
Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz 42 C

the thing is when i watch movies, play games or do do video converting, my temperature drops to.....43
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8H61-M LX (LGA1155) 43 C

CPU temperature
Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz 60 C

is this normal? or there's something wrong.

A:Why is my system temperature high when idle...?

what program are you using to monitor temps? Try CPUID Hardware Monitor. If you are referring to either CPUTIN or AUXTIN and NOT Core temps than please run HW monitor and post a screenshot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-my-system-temperature-high-when-idle.178279/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi all got cq61 and had thread up about screen blank well got it fixed in shop it was connecter on motherboard and lcd cable . well wen i start it it comes on then after 5 min it goes like into sleep screen goes off but i can faintly see in background i cant press anything to get it back on but i close the lid reopen it and most of time it sound like it gone off but the on off light flashes on/off constant then i press touch pad and on it comes . as normal then 5 min and same thing , but then just now it went off completely .. now i checked all sleep and hibernation setting turned them all to never.. also i know battery is faulty as even when fully charged laptop goes off .. what could be problem please help

A:Laptop starts then every 5 min goes in sleep

hi all took it back to shop and they saying its definate the battery they say 60 for new battery i know could prob get it cheaper can anyone reccomend where as i know off ebay would prob be sodgy remake or something ? also does the MaH matter like the origanal battery is 10.8v and 4200mah i see battery on ebay 10.8v and 4400 mah and 5200 mah does this matter thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-starts-then-every-5-min-goes-in-sleep.178825/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hello brothers .iam using p4 ibm system i have a problem when iam starting my computer when i start my system it shows a problem . Security kyboard is locked and when iam pressing f1 or f2 its not working and computer is hanging what to do plz help me iam very worry

A:IBM system BIOS problem?

At what point is the computer stopping? During BIOS, after BIOS whilst loading Windows, or once Windows is loaded?

Please walk us through what happens after you press the power button.

Was the PC previously running fine, or is this a new computer you have just purchased? Also, can you recall anything you might have done immediately prior to this happening, if it was working previously?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ibm-system-bios-problem.178548/
Relevancy 15.91%

I am not a for overclocking build selection system Seeking X79 & memory gamer I Seeking overclocking & memory selection for X79 system build play games occasionally but don t build systems for gaming I am a commercial photographer architectural product industrial I shoot high mega pixel files build and save multiple copies layered Photoshop files very large scans and video footage I need a lot of storage space processing speed transfer speed and memory My previous builds have been dual Xeon systems and x Win OS since Win Previous systems have included dual Ghz dual Ghz dual Mhz amp dual Mhz using Asus amp Supermicro boards Besides my workstations I ve built a half dozen other systems The last systems have included drive RAID arrays in RAID config for working video files I haven t built a system in about years My goal is to build a system suitable for my photo video needs that provides modest stable overclocking - targeting Ghz I am also interested in combining a pair of Seagate Hybrid drives Momentus XT in RAID as the OS drive for a balance of space and performance rather than going to SSD I ve never played with Overclocking nor water cooled systems As I start this build I am tight on funds and propose to bake in a planned future upgrade to allow the cost of those components to go down and still see an immediate jump in speed over my current system I expect this new build to be X as fast as my current system minute render in minutes The future upgrade will further potentially double the speed - min Build purchased so far gt Corsair Carbide R case - selected for large side fan USB eSATA amp Firewire ports on front face gt ASRock X Extreme MoBo selected for GB support USB SATA III RAID also for fairly simple Overclocking capability gt MasterCooler Gold w PSU gt Corsair H Hydro CPU Cooler kit extra fans for push pull airflow selected for high efficiency simple liquid cooling also considering Maingear Epic T thermal compound top end but expensive gt LG Blu-ray burner I burn a lot of Blu-rays as part of my Backup Archive strategy hundreds per year gt Front mounted Card reader with additional USB gt EVGA Nvidia GTX Superclocked GPU bought used for selected as a cost saving option that still provides ample CUDA cores for video rendering to be purchased over next - weeks gt Intel i CPU Overclocked to a modest but stable GHz gt GB GBx Mushkin Quad Chan CAS RAM - - - gt Dual Seagate Momentus XT GB Hybrid Drives in RAID for OS I replaced a laptop drive with the GB version and was impressed plus it offers much more space than a midsized single SSD or dual smaller SSDs gt RAID TB Barracuda GB s rpm drive for Data Drive frankly I like the Hitachis better but the Seagates are somewhat cheaper I will probably get these last hoping the cost drops further and production increases gt Windows Developers OS beta free for evaluation amp testing driver issues gt Adobe CS amp CS Suites I also plan to continue using the TB Lacie Big eSata drive I now have as well as a small collection of RAID NAS drives My current workstation will also stay on my desk along with my newer Thnkpad i - QM GB RAM dual GB RAID Future upgrade - gt Intel i X gt GB RAM x GB gt Nvidia GTX gt possible SSD OS drive s Issues amp Questions I have are related to the speed and latency of memory for this system and issues related to overclocking Any suggestions recommendations Much appreciated nbsp

A:Seeking overclocking & memory selection for X79 system build

Not sure how "used" it is but that evga gtx460 1GB SC is $129.99 new.
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperClo...3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1330282267&sr=1-3

I recommend you stay away from Seagate for there horrible failure rate. Western Digital Caviar Black or Blue is the way to go.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seeking-overclocking-memory-selection-for-x79-system-build.178016/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi all Looking at purchasing a bundle to start a new build and this is what I am thinking of buying but thought I d let you look at it with your expert eyes before I bought it Won t let me post a link due to my post count so - the price is Motherboard Asus F A -M LE RAM DDR Pin DIMM V CL GB Mhz Processor AMD A Also standard Heatsink Fan Next upgrade would be the graphics card This is just to get me started and will slowly upgrade all parts of this bundle but I need to be able to just buy individual parts and have someway of testing them and thought this wouldn t system base opinions? your New -- be a bad option I already have a w XTX Easy Rail PSU Purchased yesterday Anyway let me know what you think the pros and cons to this base system are please if you would be so kind Danny nbsp

A:New system base -- your opinions?

You can only use crossfire, NO SLI Support on that board. That means you can only use AMD Radeon graphics cards. Any particular reason you picked a micro-atx board? Is this computer mainly for gaming? If not, what is it going to be used for?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-system-base-your-opinions.177933/
Relevancy 24.51%

So from personal experience I have a good sleep when the laptop is placed away from my head or when you while your head Laptops near sleep the thing is in hibernation but when I have my laptop running near my head I wake Laptops near your head while you sleep up all groggy So what is the cause of this If I slept with the laptop running near my head would it give me a brain tumor So what I am saying is if I sleep hours without the laptop near my head it felt like I slept hours With it near my head it felt like I slept hours and I would fall asleep in class the next morning So what is the cause of all this and is it a conspiracy that if you sleep near a laptop or computer while it is on that it would mess up your brain I want to know this because I tend to put the laptop near my bed and while I am watching videos I sometimes fall asleep with the laptop running Oh I am using an ASUS Laptops near your head while you sleep f sv by the way nbsp

A:Laptops near your head while you sleep

Maybe try changing the power option so that after x hours, the laptop will go into hibernation mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptops-near-your-head-while-you-sleep.177724/
Relevancy 16.34%

I have an ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1001PXD preloaded with Windows 7 Starter. I'm thinking it had an Aleureon(sp?) in the MBR, but I did some things to it a couple months ago, and Windows is booting up. It says it is connecting to the network in my house as "public", but won't get on the internet. It won't let me change the classification to "home". When I did whatever I did (can't remember what), It created a new partition (E) for recovery files. I want the laptop back in it's factory state with the recovery files in D like they're supposed to be. There is no CD or DVD drive as it is only a small laptop, but I may be able to transfer files/programs from my main desktop to it if it is indeed connected to the network. Thanks in advance, Bec

A:Can't do complete system recovery, but I know the image is still there

You can buy or borrow an external USB CD/DVD drive, to do the job for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-do-complete-system-recovery-but-i-know-the-image-is-still-there.177211/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hello there I will be getting a new PSU and adding a GT to my system and later a hd GB My question is will these systems achieve playable gameplay - FPS on AC Brotherhood System No CPU AMD Athlon II X GHz when gaming Motherboard GM-E RAM GB DDR - not sure if I will be able to buy it GPU Hewlett Packard GT GB stock but will overclock as soon as I get the PSU PSU Corsair HX Case No case fans middletower HDD TB WDC Sata drive Resolution x System No CPU AMD Athlon II X GHz when system(s) Brotherhood? FPS of AC this playable be capable having on Will gaming Motherboard GM-E RAM GB DDR MHz when gaming GPU Sapphire hd Toxic HD PSU Corsair HX Case HAF - not sure Will this system(s) be capable of having playable FPS on AC Brotherhood? if I Will this system(s) be capable of having playable FPS on AC Brotherhood? will be able to buy it HDD TB WDC Sata drive Resolution x If you think there is a need to change some parts please let me know I will upgrade my CPU next year unless I really need to upgrade now Thanks in advance Alexander nbsp

A:Will this system(s) be capable of having playable FPS on AC Brotherhood?

the second system will be able to play it, though your CPU will bring the rest of the system down, would advise maybe buying a AMD Phenom II X2 for more speed if you don't want to spend much money, an AMD Phenom II X4 would be best

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-system-s-be-capable-of-having-playable-fps-on-ac-brotherhood.172178/
Relevancy 15.48%

Hello fellow nerds of the internet I built myself a nice 6970 or unable to computer rate New HD play games system new computer yesterday I ghz windows bit gb ram New computer HD 6970 unable to rate system or play games etc but the video card is the ASUS AMD knock off aka HD Direct CU I have had absolutely no problems watching videos or any of the normal day to day running of the machine and am able to use the higher resolutions for my monitor except the moment I attempt to play a game the game crashes anti climatically revealing my desktop Whilst I am grateful for the lack of full system crashes I built my gaming computer for get this GAMING so I am a tad bit annoyed I also attempted to do a windows machine rating however that failed coming up with an error report The windows experience index for your computer could not be computed Could not measure video playback performance When I attempted to launch Star Wars The Old Republic I received the error report Error code incompatible system Please verify your system is compatible with this game When I attempted to launch Crysis I received the error report Unsupported Video Card ASUS EAH Series vender x x device x Continuing to run may lead to unexpected results of crashes DX Diagnosis ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name NYX-PC Operating System New computer HD 6970 unable to rate system or play games Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model Z XP-UD R BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ASUS EAH Series Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI display adapter x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS BC amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model W Monitor Id GSM B Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-C -B A C CA Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x BC Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag NICayman ci ven amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS A amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RTKVHD sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Realtek Digital ... Read more

A:New computer HD 6970 unable to rate system or play games

I suspect it's a power supply issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-hd-6970-unable-to-rate-system-or-play-games.176490/
Relevancy 15.48%

Hello all A few or POST fans display no work, system; and Homebuilt lights but weeks ago one of my friends and I decided to build a PC for my dad we both have minimal experience but my friend has built PCs before I ve helped others design PCs Homebuilt system; fans and lights work, but no display or POST but I ve never physically built one Anyway I checked everything out to make sure it s all compatible technically it should work but we Homebuilt system; fans and lights work, but no display or POST ve run into a few problems After connecting everything to the appropriate terminals and turning on the machine I noticed Homebuilt system; fans and lights work, but no display or POST that all of the fans including the CPU fan were in perfect working order the case LEDs hooked up to the mobo work fine and the mouse and keyboard light up when the PC is turned on However there is no response from the Disk Drive or Hard Drive and the monitor claims there is quot no incoming signal quot All of the hardware is brand new straight out of the box so I m not sure what the problem is Any suggestions are most welcome as I have four days to finish this thing Here are the specs There is no graphics card because my friend informed me that the particular CPU we picked out has HD graphics onboard meaning we wouldn t need a graphics card The monitor is rather old and has a D-Sub connector but it was working well last week and the mobo I picked out is compatible with D-Sub CPU Intel Core i - Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-H M-DS Micro ATX Intel Motherboard Disk Burner ASUS DVD CD Player Burner Tower NZXT Source Elite White Steel RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB Hard Drive II Seagate Barracuda GB Power Supply Corsair quot CX Builder Series quot nbsp

A:Homebuilt system; fans and lights work, but no display or POST

There is no onboard video on that board. Not sure why your friend told you that, cpu has nothing to do with it. You will need to add a graphics card to fix your problem. Here are the board specs.. If you can exchange the board for it's z68 counterpart (paired with your i3) you could than get onboard graphics and not need a GPU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128527

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/homebuilt-system-fans-and-lights-work-but-no-display-or-post.175386/
Relevancy 15.48%

hi - i was just playing music on my dell latitude e4300 via bluetooth to a belkin bluetooth receiver connected to stereo.

somehow the connection got dropped - during a phone call on a land line. may be irrelevant.

now, i cannot get bluetooth connection back. there is no bluetooth icon in the system tray.

i cannot find 'bluetooth' devices in start>control panel> devices
--i have 2, and both ought to be there.

i unplugged bluetooth receiver, and had win 7 search for devices to add - no luck.

sure, i can reboot, and everything will probably come back.
but i am hoping for a better answer. i don't want to have to reboot every time the bluetooth connection gets lost.

i searched the web for a little, but only found unrelated posts, or posts with no answer. THANKS!

A:Bluetooth connection lost, icon gone from system tray, not in device manager

bluetooth light/icon on laptop, not screen is on; no bt

ok, i rebooted, thinking the bluetooth icon would again be in system tray, with the red in the middle, showing i have bluetooth capability, but that sound is not currently being directed to bluetooth.

no icon.

the dell laptop does have bluetooth icon illuminated on the laptop, just above the function keys - not on the screen at all / not in sys tray.

the bluetooth receiver is on, is working.

'add a device' is not finding this bt thingie.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-connection-lost-icon-gone-from-system-tray-not-in-device-manager.175310/
Relevancy 15.48%

Hi Everyone I am using a ASUS EeePC PEM as an upgrade from my previous netbook PC Win7 Eee 1015PEM loading Error operating system... Starter My problem started when I seemed to receive an odd windows update The IE stopped Error loading operating system... Eee PC 1015PEM Win7 Starter loading correctly even though my pc Error loading operating system... Eee PC 1015PEM Win7 Starter was connected to the net I stupidly gave it to someone who proudly displays letters after his Error loading operating system... Eee PC 1015PEM Win7 Starter name claiming to know all about computers and two days later he gave it back to me telling me that it claimed to be doing hard drive repairs and now won t do anything I plumped for a system restore as I had all my important stuff on an external hard drive so wasn t too worried about loosing anything When I tried it has continually popped up with the meassage Error loading operating system The restore reportedly comes from a hidden recovery partition It almost seems as though the whole netbook has been wiped and all I have is bios I am now beyond my field of knowledge and hope someone has an answer for me Living in hope Bint xx nbsp

A:Error loading operating system... Eee PC 1015PEM Win7 Starter

O/S error

When I have seen the error report "O/S not found", or similar it has meant the hard drive has failed in some way, probably the circuit that controls the seek arm.
If that has happened then the "system restore" will not work either, because, as you noted, it is a copy of the working O/S but in a separate partition, that is normally not used. Problem is the hidden partition is just a part of the same hard drive that won't work.
If that is the situation, the only real answer is to replace the hard drive, and reinstall the O/S plus the software you need. It is much simpler and cheaper to back up the hard drive while it is working, so that come the day it fails, at least the data is safe, and can be restored to a new hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-loading-operating-system-eee-pc-1015pem-win7-starter.175229/
Relevancy 14.19%

I have a sony vaio VGN nw350f that keeps freezing while playing online videos and games. When it freezes the sound will keep playing but at a slower, louder, more annoying speed. Sometimes when I restart or turn on the laptop after shutting it off it will tell me "Operating system not found" or just blink _ at me. Don't know if these symptoms are related.

I tried downloading both intel and sony display drivers where at first I was able to install, now when I try to install any of the drivers it says I don't have the right drivers for the right OS.

edit: I have already restored the HDD to factory default.

A:"Operating system not found" and freezing while playing videos

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=VGN-NW350F/B

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/operating-system-not-found-and-freezing-while-playing-videos.174799/
Relevancy 15.91%

My gigabyte EX A-UD R has hard drives I do music and video production drive is XP drive is W Ult Bit the other drives are used for let Additional boot hard the drive not will system media reading and writing to Last night my system would not boot In either XP or W I disconnected all drives Additional hard drive will not let the system boot these are SATA drives I reconnected one by one I started with the XP drive it booted normal I took a deep breath I added the W drive and booted into it It booted normal I added my Pro Tools write to drive I could boot normal into both XP and W I added my Avid Assets drive and the system would Additional hard drive will not let the system boot freeze on boot up on both XP and W I tried using different cables tried different SATA controller positions But that changed nothing Still the same behavior to the the system when that particular drive is connected the system freezes on boot The drive shows up as it should be in the Bios The MB sees it and the drive seems to see the MB I used a disc utility called HDD Regeneration to test the drive Booted into the HDD Regeneration utility it lists the drive chose it to check HDD Regeneration found no errors in the drive So I took the drive out of may case and booted into W Put the drive in question in an external SATA docking station Connected it via a usb and W picks up the drive in quot My Computer quot as you would except having an external drive connected All my data is there and accounted for Any ideas here Thank you Philip nbsp

A:Additional hard drive will not let the system boot

Ive come across the rare occasion where some drives just dont like being linked together, this was with IDE drives, did the system boot previously with all the drives in.

Have you changed the boot order at all, ie have you got the faulty drive as first boot device.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/additional-hard-drive-will-not-let-the-system-boot.174516/
Relevancy 15.48%

I have Windows seven alien ware on my pc and my g3 hauwei modem continues to give me the message error 31: a device attached to the system is not functioning. when i try to connect

A:Huawei 3G modem error 31: A device attached to the system is not responding

Error 31 means that Windows can't load the 3g modem driver. Are you running Windows 7 64-bit? What is the model number of the hauwei modem? Please be aware that there might not be a hauwei modem driver available for Windows 7...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/huawei-3g-modem-error-31-a-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-responding.163138/
Relevancy 16.34%

Currently i have a PC and Xbox attached to my sound system using splitters Is it possible to send the audio signals from my laptop into my pc and out into the sound system I tried to do it by putting an aux mm jack into my => Through PC system To Laptop sound => headset output on the laptop and stuck the other end into the mic part of my pc I failed though Does anyone know how i can do this without buying another set of splitters and mm to rca Does Laptop => Through PC => To sound system anyone know how i can do it using only my mm aux lead Sorry i got it working Here is how i did it jack from laptop headphone jack into the blue quot Line-In quot on pc Go into recording devices by right clicking audio controles on task bar Click on quot Line In quot device and click properties Configure it to read and use whatever output you want The WAIT for a while Laptop => Through PC => To sound system and it should work The waiting part is crucial or you Laptop => Through PC => To sound system wont get results Problems I am loosing audio quality and it seems to have too much bass nbsp

A:Laptop => Through PC => To sound system

your amp is probably having trouble filtering both sounds

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-through-pc-to-sound-system.173968/
Relevancy 15.91%

I am really new to overclocking, and my first attempt my have fried my system. I went to the Bios and set my system to overclock to... I don't remember the speed, but when I hit save and exit the system never booted the OS it just blanked the screen. I let it sit for a while and nothing happened. I reset it in hopes to get back to the BIOS but after turning it on the BIOS wont even boot. The screen never turns on but the comp sounds like its running fine. Anyone know what the issue is? Or know how to do a hard reset to clear the changes I made to the BIOS?

A:Problems overclocking, system won't boot BIOS

Remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard for a few minutes, reinstall it and start the PC. That should return the BIOS to default settings. Keep in mind that if you have SATA drives and the BIOS was set to SATA, AHCI or RAID, be sure to reset it to that or you could have trouble starting Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-overclocking-system-wont-boot-bios.173410/
Relevancy 15.91%

Greetings to all,

I had been using windows 7 ultimate 32 bit for nearly 6 months since only 2.90 ram usable out of 4.i have migrated to windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.. for one week the process and working of os was good .. suddenly i has encountered the problem of heating and some buzzing sound which could be heard till next room.. I'm really frustrated by seeing this ****.. please net pals suggest me good ideas to get rid of the this problem. i wanna know whether the problem is my lap OR the current os..
after all the thing my processor support 64 bit..

should i head back to 32 bit again?

A:System heats up after installing 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate

You can try to head back to 32-bit but I doubt it'll help, it sounds like the laptop is over heating due to a broken fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-heats-up-after-installing-64-bit-windows-7-ultimate.173090/
Relevancy 16.34%

hello dear....

i have a laptop hp dv5. the problem is when i try to run more applications which require more processing power. e.g 80 % or 100 %, then it will get to hibernate state, or , you further increase the processing it will turn off.

there is no problem with heating. the temperature is just normal.

processor: core2duo, 2.20, t6600

i will wait for your reply.

A:My system goes to hibernate while maxing CPU utilization...

i would return it to hp if you an... sounds like an overheating problem to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-system-goes-to-hibernate-while-maxing-cpu-utilization.172175/
Relevancy 16.34%

If you could upgrade 1 thing in my system, what would it be?

A:What would you change about my system?

I will be getting a new PSU. I would use a 9800GT 1GB and then a HD 6950/6970.

Maybe my CPU and motherboard, and with that also my DVD Drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-you-change-about-my-system.171871/
Relevancy 14.19%

I'm just learning about buses and it's my understanding that the system bus combined the data bus, address bus and control bus. According to wikipedia the system bus isn't used any more and the front side bus is popular. I don't really understand, what is a front side bus?

A:What's the difference between the system bus design and front-side bus design?

Front-side_bus
Google is your friend... really!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-difference-between-the-system-bus-design-and-front-side-bus-design.170828/
Relevancy 16.34%

I m rebooting Windows to an old Dell computer for a friend His CD ROM doesn t work so what I did was take HDD Problems specific with system in out his HDD and put it in an old system of mine and just installed Windows to it that way When I put the HDD back into his system right on startup it says quot Invalid configuration Problems with HDD in specific system information - please run setup quot then under that it says quot Performing automatic IDE configuration quot then gives me the options quot strike F to continue strike F for setup quot No matter which I do it proceeds to BSOD and automatically restarts itself and just loops doing the same thing I ve swapped IDE cables tried diff power connections from power supply and BSOD evertime When I put the drive in my old system Windows boots perfectly Any ideas Somehow do the old Dell motherboards only run off the original Windows setup so you can t reboot your own Windows nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-hdd-in-specific-system.171458/
Relevancy 16.34%

Guess this is the right place to put this So I m tasking with trying to replace our -Line phone system for work Right now we have an RCA Executive Series systems basses model RE -A with a cordless tethered to each base and they system phone 4-Line expandable have served us well for the last or years But the cordless are dieing and some of the basses are getting cross talk between lines We found some replacement ones on eBay a few years back for a good deal and kept the phone system running for a few more years But the system is discontinued and finding more replacement handsets is hard and expensive I think they were about new for the cordless handsets and are going for or so So I m looking into a new -Line system for our shop But I don t really have much experience with them I m finding a lot of options but not much for info on which systems are good and which are crap I don t 4-Line expandable phone system want to try to screw with a Voip system would rather 4-Line expandable phone system stick with something I can hook into the existing phone jacks in the building So anyone have any experience with these and can point me towards a good one nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-line-expandable-phone-system.171397/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hello guys, I have a question that I can't find an answer on the net anywhere.
If I buy a Sandy Bridge processor such as Core i5 2500K for exaple, this CPU has a GPU inside the CPU right? (HD 3000 right?). Secondly, let's say my motherboard has onboard graphics. So I install a discrete GPU and then I have 3 gpus without crossfire/sli ? How can I use the 3 of them simultaneusly ?
Please answer this question is bugging me for ages xD
Thanks

A:Three GPUs on system with only one discrete graphics card?

You can't. Your motherboard (Z68 chipset) might support switching between the discrete cards and the on CPU gpu for power saving. But you basically use one or the other. There is no provision for utilizing the power of all 3 graphics systems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/three-gpus-on-system-with-only-one-discrete-graphics-card.170993/
Relevancy 16.34%

I m rebooting Windows to an old Dell computer for a friend His CD ROM doesn t work so what I did was take out his HDD and put it in an HDD system with specific Problems in old system Problems with HDD in specific system of mine and just installed Windows to it that way When I put the HDD back into his system right on startup it says quot Problems with HDD in specific system Invalid configuration information - please run setup quot then under that it says quot Performing automatic IDE configuration quot then gives me the options quot strike F to continue strike F for setup quot No Problems with HDD in specific system matter which I do it proceeds to BSOD and automatically restarts itself and just loops doing the same thing I ve swapped IDE cables tried diff power connections from power supply and BSOD evertime When I put the drive in my old system Windows boots perfectly Any ideas Somehow do the old Dell motherboards only run off the original Windows setup so you can t reboot your own Windows nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-hdd-in-specific-system.171288/
Relevancy 16.34%

intel i7 920
6GB RAM
windows 7 home premium 64 bit
MSI x58 platinum motherboard
nvidia GTX 260 graphics
750w power supply

got my system being fixed by a professional, but we're stuck right now trying to find a solution to my problem. The system is fine with 4GB in any slot, but when the third stick is put in, the system crashes.

A:System crashing with 6GB RAM, fine with 4GB

What does the motherboard manual say about a 6 gig configuration? Was the BIOS updated?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-crashing-with-6gb-ram-fine-with-4gb.170600/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hey guys thanks in advance for you all your help Long and the short of it is I bought a new not state of the art gaming rig about months ago and have been very happy with it However with SW ToR and Elder Scrolls Skyrim right around the corner I feel it might be helpful to beef it up a little and am looking for suggestions as to how best to do this for my system need suggestions and ideas Upgrading the best price I can provide my system information either threw a speccy snapshot If needed CPU Arch CPU Upgrading my system need suggestions and ideas - Cores - Threads CPU PSN Upgrading my system need suggestions and ideas AMD Phenom II X T Processor CPU EXT MMX DNow SSE A x - AMD-V CPUID F A Extended A CPU Cache L x x KB - L x KB CPU Cache L KB Core Thuban nm Stepping PH-E Freq MHz MB Brand Asus MB Model CG NB AMD G rev SB AMD SB rev GPU Type AMD G GPU Type ASUS EAH Series DirectX Version RAM MB DDR Dual Channel RAM Speed MHz - - - Slot MB Slot Manufacturer ASint Technology Slot MB Slot Manufacturer ASint Technology Slot MB Slot Manufacturer ASint Technology Slot MB Slot Manufacturer ASint Technology cpuz CPU-Z Forum Banner BB Code below cpuz nbsp

A:Upgrading my system need suggestions and ideas

The only thing I see that you would want to do is upgrading your video card. What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-system-need-suggestions-and-ideas.170912/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hey,

I took a look at speccy and it showed on system temperature 69 - 70 degrees. I am more-or-less running on full load. Is the temperature too high? I have no case fans.

Thanks

A:Is 70 degrees C hot for the system temperature?

Max temp for your processor found here is 74.

I don't want to come off sounding rude. But I think Leeky? pointed out a day or 2 ago that nearly everything you ask can be found with a google search fairly quickly.

I also think its a bit foolish to overclock if you 1) don't know safe temps for your processor and 2) don't have anything to help out cooling. Sometimes with a minor overclock you can get by with just stock options, but thats under the general assumption you have at least 1 intake fan and 1 outflow fan.

Your post could almost be taken as you already knew your max temp for the processor and wanted to come here to brag you are 'only' hitting 70 with an OC and no additional cooling.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-70-degrees-c-hot-for-the-system-temperature.170072/
Relevancy 15.91%

I mistakenly plugged in my hard drive with the cable twisted and has hence not seen on any system I plugged it into afterwards,it sounds as though it is spinning inside with the indicator light on but wouldn't just come up, the light blinks but nothing is seen in my computer nor disk management,I have tried different cables, system but nothing.
Is there a way I can get my files back?

A:My 500GB Western Digital My Passport not seen in the system

You can try removing it from the enclosure. It will void the warranty, but if you are more interested in the data than the warranty it's worth a shot.

My guess is your physically damaged the plug when you forced it in the wrong way (the unit is keyed, so you must have used considerable force to do that), but the actual drive inside is probably undamaged. Remove it from the case and hook it up via SATA.

EDIT:
Actually - I did a little research on this and I guess it will depend on what version you have. Apparently the B8B version has the USB controller built into the drive itself, so you wouldn't be able to do as I suggested.

Check out this video - this guy explains why the B8B version is different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2ej3zBeCv0&feature=related

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-500gb-western-digital-my-passport-not-seen-in-the-system.170702/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hello Techspot,

I am going to get my self a new case and a PSU. I would like to move my current system into it. Will the information on my HDD be wiped off or not.

And if there is any way please tell me. I checked the guide on Techspot but it is a bit outdated and I am not changing my motherboard.

Thanks

A:Moving system into a new case: Will my OS be wiped off?

No, it will not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/moving-system-into-a-new-case-will-my-os-be-wiped-off.170602/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey everyone I recently came to own via a friend a new TB WD HDD used strictly for storage and it s not playing nice with my setup The HDD http www amazon com gp product B ZCXK I For the most part everything seems just fine when I have the HDD connected I ve transfered several GBs of data to and from with no issues When I m working on unrelated applications it doesn t cause problems The only time my computer is unhappy is when I have the HDD connected and I boot into a game like Dragon Age Origins When I do this the monitor shuts goes into standby mode and is otherwise unresponsive I have to force shut off the computer and when I do other issues ensue The Computer monitor when in to hangs, (+ HDD) new sleep goes games other issues include some messed up blocks of colors on the screen as well as blue screens The only way to return my computer to a working condition is by doing a system restore After a system restore everything is fine even with the extra HDD connected unless I attempt to get into a game When the HDD is disconnected games work no problems I ve read around and some people Computer hangs, monitor goes to sleep when in games (+ new HDD) seem to suggest that the PSU isn t powerful enough however I have a W PSU so that should be just fine Check out my system specs if you need other system specs If anyone has any suggestions I m all ears Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Computer hangs, monitor goes to sleep when in games (+ new HDD)

This sounds like a driver issue. Have you updated either the BIOS or chipset drivers for your motherboard? USB drivers for mobo?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-hangs-monitor-goes-to-sleep-when-in-games-new-hdd.170320/
Relevancy 15.91%

My ext HDD Buffalo 500Gb became RAW file system. can't even reformat again to NTFS.or to FAT32, the drive has my name before. now i can see LOCAL DRIVE E:, and when i click to properties, i can see, used space 0 bytes, and free space 0 bytes.
i tried several ways, even on command prompt, convert E: /fs:ntfs. still i can't, and on disk management, i even apply mark partition as active and then format it, and it take 5-6 hours and at the end falure.

can some one help me, i really need for my school project, and i cannot efford to buy again.

JIGME

A:My 500GB Buffalo external HDD became RAW file system

Hi gentpuchong :wave:

Welcome to :grinthumb

You can read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.

System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-500gb-buffalo-external-hdd-became-raw-file-system.163340/
Relevancy 16.34%

In American currency, could I get one for like 50$? Are they dangerous? Like could they get your rig wet and ruin your hardware? I live in Arizona and I am tired of these noisy fans. Also my computer heats my room up a bunch which sucks when its 115 f outside. Would a water cooling system make my computer put out less heat? How about one of these?

My specs are in my system specs, btw my video card seems to put out a ton of heat as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Awesome-400...445?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4836e4d00d

A:How much would a water cooling system for my CPU run me?

Would a water cooling system make my computer put out less heat?Click to expand...

Never used water cooling, but I would say no. Most water cooling system removes more heat from the CPU or GPU then air cooling, so your system will probably put out more heat.

I read somewhere that because Peltier cooler can become really cold than it causes condensation problem. But that's better left for someone w/ experience to answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-would-a-water-cooling-system-for-my-cpu-run-me.169931/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello, I am new on Techspot and this is my first post.
Recently, about 3-4 days ago I would put my laptop to sleep and when time to resume the display is blank. However the hdd is running, fan is running fine and hardware light is blink. The screen is blank as if the computer is off and the LCD screen is not lit black. Please help me as I am heavy on the sleep function.
Thank you in advance!

A:Display not responding after resume from sleep

What operating system are you using?
Manufacturer and model number of laptop would be helpful too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-not-responding-after-resume-from-sleep.167331/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a year old Gateway desktop running Windows home premium with gb ram Sometimes when I am working and the system may be idle for min or so the monitor will go into sleep mode It shows no signal and no keyboard action will awaken it I have the power settings to never turn off and the screen saver is off as well I swapped out the monitor with another and it did the same thing so I think I have eliminated hardware I then went to the device mgr and attempted a driver update which said I had the latest driver The only way it will come back on is to cold boot the system BTW I have reseated the video cable as well I have looked at the m b and all looks ok No bulging capacitors or to and goes respond sleep won't Monitor excessive dust on processor etc Keep in mind that when this monitor goes to sleep the system is still operating correctly with fans running and the power light is on steady No matter what I do to try to wake up the monitor is is not responsive I have to hold down the power button on the tower for a few seconds to shut it down I then wait a few Monitor goes to sleep and won't respond minutes and bring Monitor goes to sleep and won't respond the system back on Also when this happens the keyboard is dead as well Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-to-sleep-and-wont-respond.168937/
Relevancy 16.34%

I just put together a new system and cannot install any operating system onto it I ve operating Cannot install at all system tried Windows x and x as well Cannot install operating system at all as Ubuntu x They all stall out the same way pictured below For Windows it stalls out just after resizing the screen to fit the optimum monitor resolution For Ubuntu it stalls out on the first dot after going through the dots under the logo twice I m trying to install the operating system from a flash drive in both cases As this occurs with both OSes I m of the opinion that there s something wrong with the hardware but what I m currently on an Asus Eee so burning a disk would be difficult at best I ve tried resetting CMOS and taking everything apart and putting it back together again and googling the problem leaving the system on for minutes in that state System configuration Motherboard GA-M MT-S P rev with onboard graphics NVidia GeForce NVidia NForce a Processor AMD Phenom II x T black box RAM Kinsington KVR D N G x Harddrive Seagate TB LP Serial ATA HD MB SATA- G The only difference between Windows and Ubuntu is the color of the screen Below is Ubuntu Windows is blue when it does this but otherwise looks the same Edit Ah I cannot post a picture It is diagonal lines that go from the lower right corner to the upper left They are composed of short lines with white and black pixels on either with some white lines intermixed nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-install-operating-system-at-all.168908/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello I REALLY need help here I don t know if anyone s been lookin at this thread or not but I seriously need help with a similar problem Here s the story My dad just got this brand new i samsung laptop Laptop sleep problem at quot and it s giving me a problem it s only been maybe or so hours since we even turned it on It hasn t been on the whole time though My issue is that the power settings won t change from Laptop sleep problem sleep What I mean is when I try to change what closing the lid does or what the power buttons do it means SLEEP and ONLY sleep So it s just well Laptop sleep problem trouble I m trying to set up my dad Laptop sleep problem s computer all nice and fresh and sparkly since this is his first personal computer He s had work computers since his company started giving them out to him for who knows how long I would really hate to give my dad his computer back this saturday and have him see that the computer goes to sleep every time he shuts the lid nbsp

A:Laptop sleep problem

typical issue with OEM drivers for the motherboard.
I've had a rash of such issues with my Toshiba and have had to reinstall
the Toshiba Console software where these features are located (for Toshiba at least).

NOTE: The OEM software will override the Windows control panel so make sure you are accessing the correct software for your laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-sleep-problem.168842/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hello there since about a week System keeps jumping from around CPU up CPU from System every to ~20% spikes ~50% second to every second when it s idle still spikes about when im running a game or program which is barely possible because of the spikes keep getting laggs I haven t installed or downloaded anything new exept for a new game which i uninstalled again but it didn t help I also already scanned my laptop with nod and System CPU spikes from ~20% to ~50% every second checked if it got hijacked using hijackthis but nothing got found And cleaned all caches and defragmented Could it be because the laptop gets overheated I got speedfan and i think the temperatures are quite high but someone told me the temperature doesn t have infuence with the system CPU Here s some system information to help along System Acer Extensa Operating system Windows professional CPU Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz GHz Memory MB RAM HDD GB Video Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Would appreciate some help with this Regards Anni Edit i would ve posted some pictures but it won t let me nbsp

A:System CPU spikes from ~20% to ~50% every second

The temperature does influence the CPU. If its too hot the CPU will thermally shut down, to reduce the (speed of the CPU so the) core temperature to a level that won't destroy it. This sometimes shows up as lag.

How hot is speedfan saying your laptop is getting?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-cpu-spikes-from-20-to-50-every-second.168036/