Windows Support Forum

Important update offered for wrong Office program

Q: Important update offered for wrong Office program

I was notified today of one important update, KB2881030, but checking shows this to be for the 32 bit version of Office 2010. I have only MS Office Home and Student 2007 on my 64bit computer. Further, the update has a prerequisite mentioned, i.e., Microsoft Office 2010, Service Pack 2, definitely not on my computer. Finally, the update's "more information" did not mention any files in Office 2007 that were involved. I won't install this update unless I learn I need it, but I'm wondering if there are others being offered this apparently inappropriate update. Anyone else involved?

Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Important update offered for wrong Office program

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Important update offered for wrong Office program

Hi,
Interesting I only got a junk email filter update
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3115192

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397077-important-update-offered-wrong-office-program.html
Relevancy 17.2%

AMD has launched their first WQHL-certified Catalyst graphics card driver update since December 2014, bringing a heap of new features and performance updates across the board, as well as the usual array of bug fixes.

Read more

A:AMD launches major GPU driver update: Catalyst 15.7 WHQL

I have played with the CFX and Freesync support on the Acer 1440p 144hz monitor. Works great and makes me want to actually own a Freesync monitor now...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-major-gpu-driver-update-catalyst-15-7-whql.216359/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have a Razer BlackWidow keyboard Recently I downloaded and installed the latest version of Razer s Synapse on update keys swapped firmware Razer BlackWidow to try and fix this issue I was having with my Naga Lo and behold my Naga issues Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow were fixed but another problem emerged The new version of Synapse added support for the BlackWidow and also upgraded the firmware But after the upgrade my Windows and Alt keys have been swapped so when Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow I press one I get the other The only way I ve been able to fix it so far is to use SharpKeys to switch the keys back around but when I connect another keyboard that keyboard now has its Windows and Alt keys swapped It s not that big Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow of a deal but I do swap to a quieter keyboard late at night from time-to-time and I would really prefer to have it fixed without having to rely on a workaround like this I ve check around and I can t find any information about this issue and Razer s support website is completely useless as usual Likewise I haven t had any luck so far with downgrading the firmware either Does anybody have any idea on what I could do particularly other BlackWidow owners nbsp

A:Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow

Can't you just go into Synapse and assign the Windows key to the Alt key and vice versa? All the keys are programmable and hopefully this wouldn't affect your other keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razer-firmware-update-swapped-keys-on-blackwidow.182990/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a logik keyboard for pc and this what my keyboard gives instead

q gives `
w opens 'help' box on whatever programme is open
r gives 5
u gives 6
I gives =
p gives -
g gives b
h gives n
; gives '
' gives /

how can this be solved?

A:Why is my keyboard typing wrong characters

This might help you out!

How To Fix A Keyboard With Wrong Characters
http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Keyboard-That-Has-the-Wrong-Characters

Good luck and let us all know how the repair job went!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-my-keyboard-typing-wrong-characters.184068/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have a Gateway NE56R and ever since I updated to windows 8.1 I cannot use the internet at home even though it says it is connected to WiFi, but it works at other places. Please help asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-ne56r-wifi-doesnt-work-at-home-after-windows-8-1-update.212135/
Relevancy 17.63%

The impending launch of DirectX 12 is one of the more exciting things to happen in PC gaming in recent years. Many people are eager to see how the low level API will improve the performance of games that implement...

Read more

A:You can now test DirectX 12 yourself with latest 3DMark update

This is way windows is doomed. DirectX 12 should be available for win 7-10, but MS is so greedy, they cant seem to understand why they are disliked and windows will evientaly be destroyed by Google. Just look at there market share. I betting big on SteamOS, and once it takes off, I will take the jump. Windows is now to bloated, and with greed, I hope all backers back Vulkan. DX12 on Win 10 only has officially broke the camel back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/you-can-now-test-directx-12-yourself-with-latest-3dmark-update.210768/
Relevancy 17.2%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 24.08%

Okay so I am starting this thread here seeing as how Clock and A10-6800K AMD Motherboard Wrong Setting Voltages Speeds the topic of the old one no longer applies to this situation I jumped ahead of myself trying to overclock this CPU which made me question the frequencies and voltages which are supposed to be set automatically by the motherboard I am having a tough time understanding all this I will post links to the exact AMD A10-6800K Motherboard Setting Wrong Voltages and Clock Speeds parts I am AMD A10-6800K Motherboard Setting Wrong Voltages and Clock Speeds using so whoever is keen enough to try to help will know what we re dealing with Motherboard MSI A X-G Gaming CPU AMD A - K Richland GHz Turbo Black Edition RAM Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR MHz PC V CPU-Z Screenshots After doing some AMD A10-6800K Motherboard Setting Wrong Voltages and Clock Speeds reading in regards to overclocking I have found out some details which are totally incorrect in my case For starters the FSB to DRAM Frequency Ratio from what I read is supposed to be some reported slightly higher ratios or something similar but CPUZ is showing which sounds absurd Also it s reporting the RAM as PC - at MHz and voltage at I haev Intel XMP enabled on the motherboard and the motherboard reports memory speed in BIOS at DDR- MHz Can someone analyze the above shot and information and clue me in as to what is wrong and what needs to be done I would really appreciate it because I am baffled I have no clue what the CPU-NB frequency and voltages are for so I don t want to mess with something I don t know anything about Anyway any and all help is much appreciated as always nbsp

A:AMD A10-6800K Motherboard Setting Wrong Voltages and Clock Speeds

Go into the BIOS and change the DRAM voltage to 1.60 or 1.65V and set the timing as u see XMP-2132

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-a10-6800k-motherboard-setting-wrong-voltages-and-clock-speeds.208183/
Relevancy 17.63%

Updated my hardware drivers including the wireless adapter, and something must have gotten changed as I can not connect to wifi anymore on HP Notebook G72-253NR with Windows 7.

Flushed winsock, released/renewed ipconfig and deleted/reinstalled adapter. Can meanwhile connect thru Ethernet cable again but not wifi. Finds my wifi network (previously didn't) but can't connect, don't have tcp/ip addresses in LAC or wireless properties, automatically obtain is enabled. IPv4/6 enabled in both also.

Getting message of "HOST Process was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/Services/VSDATANT? at initial startup.

"COM surrogate was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/services/vsdatant" whenever I simply access/exit ip protocol settings.

How can I fix this? My brain is fried after several DAYS of trying to fix my friends computer... Please someone help!

A:Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Call your ISP they will walk you through it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-after-hardware-driver-update.206983/
Relevancy 24.08%

My year old ACER Aspire keyboard just stop working in a couple of capacities First the numbers on the key wouldn t type at all Checked Num Lock fine then stopped some thing... Laptop working wrong the type and keys tried to type numbers at top of keyboard well some typed the right number but most didn t or typed more than one number Ran Webroot Anti-spyware and Anti-Virus clean Then I shook my computer to see if any crumbs or foreign materials were throwing something off clean Took out battery nada Restored computer to the day before any problems Changed nothing Pressed every Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... key to see if something was stuck or key broken None The Delete Backspace Enter and Space Bar do NOT work at all So basically the entire keyboard is not working due Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... to something If I type any one key some of them type what I wanted but continue to type the letter or number until I log out of my Google Engine I have always had issues with the keyboard I will be typing along and the cursor will randomly go back to previous sentences and start typing what I am currently typing It is so annoying Why is it hopping all over the place A computer major friend who teaches computer classes said to write to Google and maybe I would find others with similar problems I found several quot sticky keys quot problems but none on point with none of the keys working or working properly He suggested perhaps a Trojan Horse virus but my sweeps come up clean Can anyone help me Thank you Shawnascy nbsp

A:Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing...

It could be a virus. But It also could just be your keyboard is bad. You may need to take it to your local repair shop if it. Is a laptop and have them check the keyboard out for you. I really do not think it is a virus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-stopped-working-and-some-type-the-wrong-thing.204613/
Relevancy 20.21%

One of my hard drives just failed after years of reliable service. A lot of valuable information was lost.

To avoid this in the future, it would be helpful to know just how old a drive is to know when it's time to be replaced.

Is there a program that can tell me when I drive was manufactured?

A:A program that shows Manufacture date?

Drive age doesn't really have much to do with 'drive failures'. Time in service increases the risk, but it's not a defining factor either.

The HDD should have a sticker on it showing date of manufacture. I don't know of a program.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-program-that-shows-manufacture-date.204415/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all

We're about to get fibre connected to our office building and the installation team have told us they'll be running Cat 7 cables to each office so we need to source a compatible router. I didn't even know there was a Cat 7 until last week, so don't know what I need to get!

I've been looking at AC Wireless routers but I have no idea if Cat 7 is compatible with them. Does Cat 7 use the same terminals as Cat 5/5e/6? Will I be fine going for a standard router or do I require something more specific?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Now looking for recommendations on suitable routers, see post 3 for details

A:Fibre Router for Office

Same connectors as 5/5e/6, so any router that would be suitable for your office on 5e/6 will be fine for 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fibre-router-for-office.203903/
Relevancy 20.21%

Recently sound has not been coming through my speakers, so I tried to plug in headphones and headset but no further luck. I then went into control panel then sound and check the settings on my playback and nothing was touched or muted etc. I then went to the Speakers and Headphones in sound right clicked and pressed test and it said "The device is being used by another application. Please close any devices that are playing through this device." but no other applications that I could find that would be using it. My prediction is that having no internet protection for a while and downloading off the internet has caused a virus to cause my audio to become mute, if this is so how would I be able to find this application causing it. AVG isnt picking it up.

A:No sound caused by a Virus/Program?

Broni, from the Virus and Malware Removal forum doesn't think it is malware related.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-caused-by-a-virus-program.203961/
Relevancy 18.06%

CPU:AMD FX-8320
Motherboard:ASUS M5A97 R2.0

I hardly know anything about the BIOS so I am asking you this:
Will I need to update my BIOS and if so how to do that?
Am I going to update it to the latest version(2103) or the version when the processor was first compatible(1006)?

Please help, I do not want to make a mistake when updating so please provide a detailed explanation ! ! !

A:BIOS update

Some might say updating the BIOS is not worth the risk unless you have a reason to chance it. On the other hand I've never had a BIOS update go badly. BIOS updates are not that difficult to do. But there is always a risk of the update failing. In the off chance of failure, the motherboard will be bricked. There are motherboards that come with a second BIOS for failsafe. I don't know if the failsafe can be used under a bricked board, I will assume it can until I hear otherwise.

There are three ways to update that I am aware of. All of which may not be available depending on motherboard model and age of system.

Within the Operating System (I've used this method but for awhile it was advised against)
You will need to download BIOS Update application. The application will download and install the new BIOS.

Within the BIOS
Within the BIOS there is an update facility. You will only need the new BIOS. (My BIOS will only update from a USB stick.)

From DOS utility
Not only will you need to download the new BIOS, you will need to download the flash utility that is designed for the update.

I recommend updating from within the BIOS (assuming you have this option). Download the new BIOS to a USB stick and then boot into the BIOS. Browse around to find the update facility and the rest is self explanatory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update.198931/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi there
need to know if I can upgrade my graphics card for upgrade to windows 7.
current graphic card:ati radeon 9200 se 128mb ddr tvo
computer :fujitsu siemens scaleo 600
motherboard :microstar ms-6585 2.oa
power supply:dc output 250w
thanks so much.
learner1

A:Graphics card update to host windows 7

I don't know if you CAN upgrade your graphics card, but:

You most likely don't NEED to.
It's not really a good idea to upgrade at all. Those parts are old as dirt and you won't find anything cheap that'll fit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-update-to-host-windows-7.202568/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have downloaded a program called Anomos, it tells me please forward your ports so the program can work, 5061. Ok so I go into my century link modem and it wants a ip address to forward the ports what ip address do I enter?

A:How do I port forward the Anomos program?

The LAN address of the system you want the data to go to.

It must always be the same address, so you need to make it so using
Address Reservation on the router OR a static address on the target machine (not recommended for laptops).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-port-forward-the-anomos-program.201628/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello

When I play Diablo 3 I get some fps drops , usually at the same places. usually im around 130 FPS but can go down to 50 or even 25 sometimes when its bad. its not unplayable but its no fun at all.

The places are demanding I guess, there is a lot of **** on the screen and action all around.

My current setup :

Nvidia 780Ti HOF , goes to around 60C during load
i5 4570 goes to around 65 during load
8 GB ram,

Im assuming the 780Ti should be able to handle Diablo 3 even when its demanding?

I used an AMD r9 290 earlier and got the same issue at the same places.

Before I changed card from the 290 to 780Ti I formated my computer and installed Windows 8 Pro.

So it shouldnt be any software causing this,

Am I doing something wrong here?

Is it perhaps my CPU?

What can I do?

if you want to I can record the actual gameplay and show you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-drop-when-playing-diablo-3-something-wrong-with-my-hardware.201463/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello

I sometimes get FPS drops when playing Diablo 3, its usually in the same places and its a lot of spells and stuff on the screen so it should be demanding more power but still, my rig should be able to handle it I think?

Usually when I play im on 130 FPS but when the FPS drop occur ( Which is not so often ) I can go down all the way to 12 FPS ...

I have the following :

AMD R9 290 TRI-X OC 4GB
i5 4570
8GB RAM

Is this just something that I have to live with that diablo 3 is more demanding then I thought or is there something wrong with my setup , settings?

I have latest drivers and so on..

A:FPS drops Diablo 3, is something wrong with my rig?

Diablo 3 isnt that demanding. It could be an issue with the R9 290/current drivers and Diablo 3. I would try the following solutions to see if they help.
Option 1) Turn on V-sync (this probably wont help but it is worth a try).
Option 2) Clean Install the drivers by doing the following: uninstall the current ones with Display Driver Uninstaller or AMD Clean Uninstall Utility (people dont always have the best luck with this tool so I would use the first one) and then download and install the latest 13.12 stable driver.
LAST RESORT: Option 3) Download and install the latest beta driver. This could fix issues with newer cards like the 290 and certain games. If you do resort to this option and it doesnt work, make sure to clean install the latest stable driver by proceeding with the steps mentioned in option 2.

I hope this helps.

-JC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-drops-diablo-3-is-something-wrong-with-my-rig.201234/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a laptop with the Realtek high definition audio and Dolby home theater installed. After the latest win8.1 update the Realtek program has stopped forwarding the sound through the Dolby program (which it managed to do perfectly before the upgrade). I tried using Viper4Windows too but that didn't work eighter. Is there an option anywhere that will allow me to fix this?

A:Realtek and third party program problems

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-and-third-party-program-problems.200237/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have recently installed a new power supply due to the fact that the other one had seen the light. Now when I try to start up the system, the POST test is just fine but then I get the message that there is a CMOS setting wrong. (See picture) The system boots in windows and everything looks okay except the fact that my mouse and keyboard are not working. Any advice on whats going on?

A:CMOS settings wrong

Did you try setting the bios to default? Or removing cmos battery for about 5 secs. ? This might reset the bios for you. This may resolve your problem. If not post back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-settings-wrong.200014/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have no idea why this happened, after the update none of the ports on my computer work after booting into windows. bios was updated before this and all was fine. checked in bios if ports were enabled. still no joy. help!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-usb-and-ps-2-ports-dead-after-msi-motherboard-driver-update.200108/
Relevancy 24.51%

On my pc f12 is the Internet botton I clicked it and airplane mode came on I clicked it again and it wouldent let me connect bk pls help me :/

A:I clicked wrong button and now I can't connect to internet

Did you find the right button to click to get back on the Internet?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-clicked-wrong-button-and-now-i-cant-connect-to-internet.199023/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a SONY Handycam that uses MP120 8mm Video Cassettes. I used this Handycam to tape home videos. When I use the playback feature on the Handycam it seems as if it is playing back in a slower speed. When I connect the Handycam to my computer and play back, it does the same thing. It is as if the camera was recording at a wrong speed. Is there any way I can control the speed of the video camera via computer, so that I can get the home videos transferred to DVD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8mm-home-video-playback-wrong-speed.199460/
Relevancy 32.25%

This is not intended to be a sob story but I just want you to know what it is all about. I have a niece that is slowly deteriorating from MS. She does not have much that she can do anymore but one of her enjoyments is playing a game called WSOP Challenge (world series of poker challenge). Right during Christmas the game stopped working and Sprint can't seem to help her get it back on her phone. She called me asking if I knew what to do and I tried but could not find any info on what she needed to do to get it working. Sprint told her to delete it from her phone which was not a good idea because I have found no where that she can download it from and put it back on her phone. Would anyone be so kind to give me some advice on how to fix her problem. Time is not on her side but what she does have left I want it to be very enjoyable. Thanks so much for your help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-rumor-phone-and-game-question-very-important.199220/
Relevancy 24.94%

I am using a radeon 7970, Ever since I got my card several months ago, I have experienced some extremely strange problems that leads to my computer blue screening. While I am gaming at random times my screen distorts and things are stretched over the screen. I have not been able to find someone with the same problem. Is my card bad? Any possible fixes? Any help would be greatly apprenticed.

A:What is Wrong With My Graphics Card? (screenshots)

I suggest updating your driver but other than that, you probably should not have waited several months to report this because your warranty is most likely finished.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-wrong-with-my-graphics-card-screenshots.197567/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello, I went through the process of cleaning my mouse while the monitor was off and I'm fairly sure I clicked something maybe I shouldn't have but after that the whole keyboard was messed up..

E shows up as ]
D shows up as ''

Esc, start, [ , n, y, I, F1-F12 keys don't register, among a few others..

Things I've tried so I don't waste anyones time.. [Windows 7]
Changed Location, Keyboard Layout (English - US) is the only language
Ctrl - Shift x1/2, Alt - Shift x1/2, and pretty much any other variant I could think of.
Plugged another keyboard in, same thing.
Plugged keyboard in another computer, works like a charm.
Restarted, plugged and unplugged. Uninstalled and tried to update driver..

Nothing worked so far, hopefully you can can make something happen.
Thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-typing-the-wrong-keys-not-registering-others.196300/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello all, I wanted to get some opinions one what parts are most important to upgrade for improved workflow and video preview for video editing applications like sony vegas. Basically I edit bluray video for amv's (animated music video's) and my preview window and basic workflow speed can be choppy and not quite as smooth as I want it to be. Does CPU have biggest effect with this kind of stuff (and if it does, would you suggest a hexa core CPU or would something like an i7 4770k quad core CPU be enough for editing bluray footage)? or is computer RAM important? I also heard that Doing something with your hard drive can have a greater effect in improving these things. Any thoughts appreciated! Also, assume money isn't a factor, just want what performs better.

A:Important parts for improving workflow in video editing?

RAM + a fast CPU are large parts of a video editing build. RAM and a good CPU help speed up the rendering process, but they dont necessarily affect the video render quality. I think the GPU is the issue.

What are you current specifications? What is your price range for the new machine?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/important-parts-for-improving-workflow-in-video-editing.194683/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello!! This is my first post in this forum, so excuse any mistakes! :3
Here's my problem, I've recently had to reset my wireless to factory settings after some password change, but ever since the reset, it wasn' being detected by any of my devices (phone, laptop, psp etc..).
What's rather queer, is that I reinstalled the router (sagem 1704), on a desktop through the Ethernet cable.
Now it works just fine on the desktop, but isn't detected on my other advices.
Thank you for your help!!

A:What could be wrong with this router?

Which connections are failing: wifi or ethernet?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-could-be-wrong-with-this-router.194024/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have operated a small one man IT company for the last several years Most of my clients are small businesses Lawyers Chiropracters non-profits Right now I have several client offices that are upgrading up from Pentium systems and a few others that want to add basic desktop systems to their offices to act as counterparts to their mobile computers that they use primarily These offices generally are interested in low cost systems that can adequately and relatively speedily handle their basic operations web browsing word processing email database and CRM access etc Anyways I have generally not kept a large number of systems in stock before usually reselling systems that clients trade-in to other clients or just helping an office choose a good system off of newegg or geeks Since I have had so many requests for systems lately though I have decided to start actively buying systems office to Processor resell suggestions systems budget for I have over a decade of experience refurbishing systems so I decided to shop around for used systems to fix up but I have been having a hard time deciding Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell on a processor line generation brand to focus on I m considering the Intel Core Duo or a Turion or Athlon dual core Pentium D dual cores are very cheap but I know they are much slower than the core duos From their benchmark scores though it seems like a GHZ pentium d might be better than a Ghz core duo Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated in this regard My goal is to keep these systems under to sell and I don t need anything cutting edge nbsp

A:Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell

I think a Pentium G2020 will bring you the best performance for $65. The AMD A4-5300 is another great choice for $55. I think the Pentium is probably the better choice because of the larger cache, but for web browsing, word processing, and basic activities, the AMD will be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-suggestions-for-budget-office-systems-to-resell.192622/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello At the office where I work one view to office network DVR Using card there are two different phone lines each of which has a DSL contract On Using one network card to view office DVR one of the lines there is a dsl modem router which has a dvr connected for the security cameras I use the other router to Using one network card to view office DVR connect to the internet and for the local network sharing files with colleagues When I view the security cameras over the internet Using one network card to view office DVR using the router I connect to the image is really delayed I want to connect to the DVR v a local network with one network card so that the image is not delayed and use the other network card for the file sharing and accessing the internet How can I do this without creating a conflict I e having my computer try to connect to the internet using the network card for the dvr In summary I want to use one network card exclusively to view the security cameras and another network card for the internet and file sharing I m using Windows Home Premium Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Using one network card to view office DVR

You should be fine as long as the Internet NIC is plugged in first. Your routing table will confirm you have done it correctly.

jobeard can expand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-one-network-card-to-view-office-dvr.193241/
Relevancy 18.06%

I cannot know how the bios update so I need some help for the how the bios update.I want to install the newest driver but I can't figure out how the driver is in a .02 file and I can't make heads or tails of it can anyone help me?

A:How to update BIOS

astar master said:

I cannot know how the bios update so I need some help for the how the bios update.I want to install the newest driver but I can't figure out how the driver is in a .02 file and I can't make heads or tails of it can anyone help me?Click to expand...

please post the brand/model of your motherboard... I.e.: ecsg41-tm; intel dh55tc; asrock z77 extreme4

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-update-bios.192864/
Relevancy 18.06%

Do you have to update or change the Motherboard to update the processor?

I have a Pentium 4 processor 548, 3.33GHz, 1MB L2 cache, 533MHz front side bus. Can one "Plug and Play" so to speak with an updated processor to the same Motherboard?

A:Motherboard/Processor update

Your CPU socket is PPGA478, P4 is the highest CPU this socket will support.

Even with LGA775 CPU socket, unless you had a motherboard that would support quad core, there would be little reason to upgrade over a complete system replacement.

In answer to your question to "Plug and Play", yes and no. Yes CPU's are basically plug and play, and No the motherboard must support the CPU first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-processor-update.192561/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys, I've attempted a bios update through this website and I've been left with this sitting on my desktop for two days and the loading bar has not moved an inch.
I tried to update the BIOS because for the last few weeks when my computer is booting the screen would go blank and just stay blank and I would have to keep resetting until it would finally boot. I was hoping a bios update would do the trick otherwise I would not have bothered.

Im worried if I exit out or shut-down my computer I could corrupt my BIOS. Any ideas?..

A:Bios update help

I would exit and maybe try again. Thats the download phase which has nothing to do with the actual update process. The download will complete, before any attempts to update will begin. Updating the BIOS can be very risky, updating would never be handicapped by possible problems of downloading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update-help.192433/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hellow guys again ,, hello the best website ever !!!
I jus wanna ask about something ,, Earlier I mentioned something about upgrading my processor to core 2 duo ,, now ive done that but when ever I start my computer ,, this msg shows up !
""" 1801 - microcode update Error
Missing or invalid processor microcode update. please contact hewlett-packard company for a new microcode update to support the new processor stepping """
Any help ?
HP compaq dx7300 microtower is my pc and Intel core 2 duo E4500 @2.20GHz is the new processor.
Many thanks in advance

A:Microcode update Error ?

Have you tried contacting HP concerning it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microcode-update-error.191974/
Relevancy 17.2%

A few months ago I updated my MSI Z A-GD to the latest BIOS quot vP quot which is still the latest settings Z68A-GD55 update won't MSI overclocking changes allow to BIOS after version on MSI s website as of today Since updating to this version the UEFI BIOS screen is totally different the layout has been changed entirely I was able to find the overclocking settings quickly but since the update the board will not allow me to change many settings All CPU Memory chipset voltage adjustments CPU ratio adjustments bclock adjustments etc are all either greyed MSI Z68A-GD55 won't allow changes to overclocking settings after BIOS update out and cannot be selected at all or they are set to quot Auto quot and that is the only available option for them This is a solid overclocking motherboard from what I ve heard online and I m running a K series CPU k so I m really perplexed as to why I can t even adjust the supposedly unlocked CPU ratio on my k I USED to be able to use these settings before the BIOS flash Also I can t seem to find anyone online who s having a similar problem as me As it stands now the only overclocking I can do is with MSI s quot OC Genie II quot which basically automatically overclocks for me I think this is totally ridiculous why is MSI s automated tool allowed to touch these settings when I can t modify them manually Anyone have any idea what s going on My first thought was that maybe there is a setting somewhere in the BIOS that must be enabled first in order to open up the overclocking settings but I searched far and wide and couldn t find one Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:MSI Z68A-GD55 won't allow changes to overclocking settings after BIOS update

Yeah, I think there is a setting somewhere that is checked to auto. Try exploring all the tabs of the BIOS screen and report back if you find anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-z68a-gd55-wont-allow-changes-to-overclocking-settings-after-bios-update.191535/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello! I'm new here at Tech Spot. This is a great website.

Where can I get a copy of the newest BIOS update for my motherboard?

Model: Asus P5GD1-VM Motherboard
Version: 0602
Chipset: I915
Date: 09/06/2005-16:48:11
Onboard Sound: Azalia (swa)
Onboard LAN: Exist (wl)
BIOS Size: 512 K
BIOS Type: AMI

I downloaded all BIOS .ROM files in the official website of Asus. But it weren't compatible with the BIOS to be flashed.

Please help me! Thank you very much in advanced!

A:Motherboard BIOS update

The latest BIOS for your board is version 1015. It's not necessary to load each BIOS in order, just load the latest. To load the BIOS you must copy it to a floppy disc and rename it P5GD1-VM.ROM If you didn't rename it, that's why it won't load. On the same Asus download page, you can get the user manual for your board, which goes into detail how to reflash the BIOS. It can render your motherboard un-bootable if you do it wrong, so I would read the manual before attempting it again, and follow instructions carefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-bios-update.191021/
Relevancy 32.25%

New system just built a week ago:

Asus P8Z77-V Pro
i7 3770K
F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 DDR3-1600 8GB(4GB*2)KIT CL9 1.25V
GIGABYTE GTX670 2GB OC PCI-E WINDFORCE3X GV-N670OC-2GD
OCZ Vector 2.5" 128GB SSD Indilinx Barefoot3 HD1237 VTR1-25SAT3-128G
Windows 8
The problem is, every 2nd or 3rd time I boot up I get a message by that white flag on the bottom right with a red X on it saying 'restart your PC to repair drive error (Important).

I have attached two screenshots at the bottom showing the messages I get within windows, then a short video of what happens when it reboots.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

A:Restart your PC to repair drive error (important)

I'm not familiar with SSDs. It is safe to run a check on it, and what software would you recommend?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restart-your-pc-to-repair-drive-error-important.189187/
Relevancy 24.94%

I am using a VPN to connect to the internet. Attached is a screen shot of the results of a network diagnosis I did on my computer. Could you please tell me what the high lighted items mean, and what I can do to rectify them.

Please check the rest of the items too, and advice me.

Regards,

A:What is wrong with the networking of my computer

Yeahhhh.. you need Internet to use a VPN. Give us more info.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-wrong-with-the-networking-of-my-computer.188907/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi I m a new member I recently decided to build my first PC Parts were Asrock Z Extreme MoBo Intel i K - LGA DDR Single stick GB G-Skill GeForce GTX GD OC Seagate Barracuder SATA TB w PSU Now for the problem - BIOS error Extreme update Z77 4 Asrock I installed everything correctly and got to POST so I decided to follow most Internet forum instructions to update my BIOS so I did so over the Internet flash update from the AsRock BIOS setup The problems arose after trying to update it via the Internet Now the motherboard won t even get to POST or show any signs or working Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 - BIOS update error on a monitor the fans for ten graphics card CPU and chassis all work the PSU is working fine But the Dr Debug is showing the status code which states in the description is that it is quot not used quot I don t know what to do iv taken out the graphics card and tried still the same disconnected everything except the socket and all pins are fine on the PCIe slots and RAM Any help would be appreciated ps I have a spare Gigabyte gt GB hanging round and was wondering if I can get the MoBo to work will it be worth sticking the in with the for any improvements however slight until I can afford another for SLI nbsp

A:Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 - BIOS update error

"Now the motherboard won't even get to POST or show any signs or working on a monitor" You might be able to get the motherboard to respond by removing the battery for a few minutes. If not, the motherboard may need to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-extreme-4-z77-bios-update-error.188524/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi guys I am looking to upgrade my graphics card this christmas and was looking at moving up to a http www amazon co uk Asus-GeForc update card needed Graphics help s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - from a http www geforce com hardware Graphics card update help needed desktop-gpus geforce-gt- -channel My system specs are as follows Operating system Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United Graphics card update help needed Kingdom Installed System Model Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq Elite CMT PC System Serial Number CZC XR Asset Tag CZC XR Chassis Serial Number CZC XR Enclosure Type Mini-Tower Processor gigahertz Intel Core i - kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Hyper-threaded total Main Cirucit Board Board Hewlett-Packard Serial Number CZC XR Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Hewlett-Packard J v Controllers Intel R Desktop Workstation Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller Display NVIDIA GeForce GT Display adapter HP LA Monitor quot vis s n CN RZ September Bus Adaptors Intel R Series C Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - C Intel R Series C Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - C D Multimedia NVIDIA High Definition Audio x Realtek High Definition Audio http h www hp com products quickspecs na na pdf lt Link to the user manual model is on the third page the Business PC I am currently using a GeForce Gt card which is quite old and struggles with performance on some games I am interested in the Asus GeForce TI but have no clue if it will even work in my machine I looked towards the manual for my pc and it suggested cards worse than I currently have and I want better performance not worse The manual says that I have x Full length PCI slots x PCI Express slot and x Full Length PCI Express x graphics The TI has according to amazon quot PCI Express amp PCI Express support quot and looking at the specifications of both on their respective websites the GT uses PCIE x and the GT TI uses PCIE Given that the GT is already working in a PCI Express slot is it safe to assume the would be compatible GT specs http www geforce co uk hardware desktop-gpus geforce-gt- -channel specifications GT TI specs http www asus com Graphics Cards NVIDIA Series ENGTX Ti DCII TOP DI GD specifications Would this card work and if not could you suggest a card similar in capability that would Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Graphics card update help needed

Yes that video card will work with your motherboard.

However, it may not be the best value for money compared to the current gen video cards on offer.

For example, the newer Nvidia GTX 660 is the same price as the 560 Ti and offers around 30% more performance. Alternatively, the AMD Radeon HD 7850 costs even less and still offers better performance than the 560 Ti. I would highly recommend you go with one of these (doesn't have to be that exact model of 660 or 7850).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-update-help-needed.188413/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello techspot, Basically I think ineed to update my BIOS in order to run call of duty black ops 2, but I Don't know.

Basically when I try to run the game, my pc freeze's then shuts down and says no signal detected, I've been looking all over the inet to try find a solution and came across a forum where people were having the same problem. (They're all using AMD) Alot of the people there said they contacted there motherboard supplier's and asked for a flash drive update or something? to update their BIOS. After doing this they said the game started to work.
Please help.

my motherboard is a N68-VS3 FX, If someone could link me to the correct update for it that would be grand. im on windows 7 if that helps

Lee.

P.S , Sorry I think I posted this in the wrong section

A:BIOS update?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?cat=Download&os=BIOS&Model=N68-VS3 FX

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update.187629/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi I had some issues with a HDD around this time last year so I replaced it with a new western digital HDD I wasn t able to back anything up so I cloned it instead turns out I installed the incorrect driver for my video card and suffered from the BSOD syndrome well I finally got that sorted out I think and now I am trying relentlessly to get catalyst pro control center to work properly Ive read numerous places online that involves editing Catalyst work doesn't Center after I driver wrong installed the Control the Assembly folder but I have no such keys in there when I try and run CCC it tells me that I am unable to run as I wouldn t be able to change any settings within the app basically Ive tried uninstalling installing trying ATI opposed to AMD- to Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver no anvil I know for a fact that I had CCC on this pc but it almost seems impossible to get up and running I am very desperate to get this up and running thanx in advance nbsp

A:Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver

Hhhmmmm... let's take a look

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/catalyst-control-center-doesnt-work-after-i-installed-the-wrong-driver.187782/
Relevancy 20.64%

As well as other specs, like the ms and such. I bought a mouse from China on Ebay for about 8$ new. The specs say its the same as the death adder, but I have my doubts. I am sure its still a good mouse for the price, but Im curious how good is it? I wanna know did they copy paste the death adder specs or did I really get a smoking deal on this mouse?

here is the mouse btw
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281014362846?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

p.s. the damn dragon light is blinding me while I type, can I turn it off with software?

p.s.s. the middle mouse wheel is slow hmm (compared to my old mouse)

A:What program can I use to detect my mouse DPI?

It seems hard to believe that the sensor would be the same.. But I have no ideas on how to actually test.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-program-can-i-use-to-detect-my-mouse-dpi.187376/
Relevancy 31.82%

I was going to go for this Seagate 500GB ext. hd but then saw this one for $10 more it has 1TB of space and (according to the customer reviews) has a standard USB 3 cable. I found the same model on bestdirect for less. I have ordered from Memory Express who do price beats but they told me the product is discontinued, probably because of the new Go Flux line. Is this true and does it matter? The person at Memory Express directed me towards another Seagate hd of a different model. I checked out the reviews on newegg and it has 3 stars and says they have discontinued it.

How important is it to get a non-discontinued product (and why is there a discrepancy between retailers as to what's discontinued?) and how important are the customer reviews?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-external-hard-drive-are-customer-reviews-that-important.186360/
Relevancy 18.06%

I noticed yesterday that HP was auto-updating wireless updates. After they had finished, my wireless capability was gone. There was a problem with my Intel Centrino N 1030 wireless driver, and have not been able to correct the problem. Also, when I try to restart it takes forever, and I get a notification when it finally does that there was a critical blue-screen error?
Please help!

A:Can't connect wirelessly after update

What version of Windows?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-wirelessly-after-update.185800/
Relevancy 24.94%

I use DVD-R for almost a month only thing on it is pictures and word doc so nothing can go to wrong I do back ups I would say almost times a week I have use this DVD-R for almost a month and every thing is working okay Now gone showing burning wrong DVD disc nothing now on the sessions some thing gone wrong When I click start computer DVD drive it shows no DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing files nothing It like the files got DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing deleted or it cannot see the files When I right click on the drive and click on properties it shows MB used and that is about right I don t know what to do it like the files got deleted or it cannot see the files But the properties it shows MB used that about right I was using windows vista built in burning software This all stop working after I copy an paste folder to other folder on the disc I than tried Nero the basic burning software and when in Nero burning software I click on analyze disc it shows sessions and MB used and that is about right I than tried to make copy of bad disc When I click copy disc it copies it and than tells me to put in new disc and copies to it but it is still not showing up when I click on start computer DVD drive So it seems it still there but for some reason it cannot see it nbsp

A:DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing

Burning multiple sessions to a DVD-R disk is most likely the problem. (Ideally, you should be using an external hard drive to backup) You should use DVD-RW, rewritable, disks and just burn everything in one session, close the disk; then move onto next DVD-RW, burn everything, close disk. continue this until you are back to the original disk in a rotation, then erase the disk, and continue on.
As for why you cannot see data on the DVD-R disk, it's most likely because of the multiple sessions. On a DVD-R or +R disk you should burn once, and be done with it. You might be able to recover data with a 3rd party program, but since it's optical media my hopes are not high. Be sure to have the "show hidden files & folders" option ticked on so maybe, if the files are hidden on the DVD-R disk you might be able to see them.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I hope this helps you in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-gone-wrong-now-disc-showing-nothing.184420/
Relevancy 20.21%

When I got a new printer, I went to my laptop and try the find printer thing when I clicked on it the window pop up and then another one that said "The Active Directory Domain Service is currently unavailable." Please someone tell me what and how to fix this

A:Can't use the find printer program thing

Follow the directions that came with your new printer. Usually you have to first install the driver from the included disc or their website, then at some point you're instructed to plug the printer in with USB cable and power it up. It should then be recognized in Device Manager and show up in Control Panel/Printers, where you can set it to your default printer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-use-the-find-printer-program-thing.185037/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi all I Acer update 8935g driver screen GPU blank after recently updated the driver for the Ati card in my laptop during the installation the screen had gone blank and has stayed that way ever since But first heres a back story I started having trouble with the laptop a few months ago when I assume the ati card had overheated and caused the screen to flicker this laptop comes with an Intel card also which you can switch to by pressing the power save button near the keyboard The intel card ran just fine and if I output the video through hdmi the ati card would work fine also Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update which led me to Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update believe that there maybe an issue with the screen Also if I kept pressing the power save button and switching between cards the ati card would eventually begin to work normally on the laptops screen I wanted to update my drivers today as they were a couple of years old I had trouble installing them in the past as there was a conflict between both gpu cards so I became frustrated and left it I used Ati s auto detect tool and it began to install the new drivers when the screen went blank I thought this was normal during a driver update but I left the laptop running and it stayed that way for over an hour So I turned the laptop off using the main power button Probably wasnt a good idea I imagine Now the screen just stays blank even if I try to switch to the intel card Any help on this issue will be much appreciated nbsp

A:Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update

It might be the inverter or the backlight for the LCD. Have you tried using the HDMI output on both cards if the Intel integrated supports HDMI out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-8935g-screen-blank-after-gpu-driver-update.184711/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have an year old Acer laptop Everything was alright until this my wrong laptop Something's :( with summer when it started to freeze occasionally Here are some exaples when and how it freezes BTW I sometimes get Something's wrong with my laptop :( a BSOD or just a shutdown but mainly freezes It freezes more when I start a game or a hardware intensive tasks But it s not an overheating problem because I could play a game for hours it would get very hot and still run normally but when I exit the game and start web browsing that is were I expect a freeze When it freezes I have to hold the power button for - sec to shut it down and when I try to turn it on sometimes the screen won t go on for some reason and I have to repeat the turning off on process a couple of times It even happens if I have an external monitor plugged in I tried to run memtest but it didn t find any errors so I assume its not the RAM I am really struggeling without a normal working laptop because I am a student and I dont like to go through it in my classes And buying a new laptop is not an option right now Waiting for suggestions Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Something's wrong with my laptop :(

It maybe your on board graphics chip. Hold on though maybe someone here will have a few ideals . You might want to post your BSOD and system specs ,Plus the make and model

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/somethings-wrong-with-my-laptop.183447/
Relevancy 25.37%

Okay, now, I would not write here if I could access google.​
My strange problem is that I can only access some websites, like trueroleplay.com, techspot.com, etc small websites. Skype works, BF3 works, samp works. Just not big sites like google, facebook. I have no idea why would this happen. Tested on stationary PC with cable connection, laptop with Wifi and an iPhone with wifi too. all have the same problem. tried restarting router, restarting pc, etc. Virus? I have no idea. ​Maybe some one can atleast google it? as I can't do it myself... thank you all <3​

A:Something wrong with my Internet

bielius said:

Okay, now, I would not write here if I could access google.​
My strange problem is that I can only access some websites, like trueroleplay.com, techspot.com, etc small websites. Skype works, BF3 works, samp works. Just not big sites like google, facebook. I have no idea why would this happen. Tested on stationary PC with cable connection, laptop with Wifi and an iPhone with wifi too. all have the same problem. tried restarting router, restarting pc, etc. Virus? I have no idea. ​Maybe some one can atleast google it? as I can't do it myself... thank you all <3​Click to expand...

Well, for starters, try this http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
Paste the URL from the website you're trying to get to into the box that shows "Google.com" w/o the quotes, then click OR just me & it'll tell you if the website is down or if its your pc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/something-wrong-with-my-internet.182186/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am helping my uncle built a computer and looking for a gpu which can handle 5 monitors and still have enough power to run a 3d modelling program (dont know the name of it) any ideas?

A:Graphics card for five monitors and a demanding program

Running five displays in 2D isn't really demanding at all, its just a case of connectivity. For example, a HD6870 should handle six displays (at least mine does), but dependant on the 3D modelling performance required it changes things dramatically.

You need to consider several things:

1. The connections the displays will actually use, as you'll be using DisplayPort connectors if your adding that many, so converters will need to be considered if the displays don't natively run them.
2. The exact usage of the computer. If its just 3D, and only that, commerical grade (workstation) FirePro GPUs are more than likely a better alternative.
3. Whether you want to run two GPUs in SLI/CF in order to achieve the required capacity to run these displays.
4. An important one...Budget!

It used to be the case (if I remember correctly) that Nvidia GPUs were better optimised for the sort of work your uncle would be using them for. Not sure if its the case now.

Workstation GPUs will have drivers specifically optimised for 3D modelling work, and will be better supported. These are bloody expensive though.

If you want a good all-round GPU with serious horsepower for 3D modelling I'd go with something like a GTX580, or the new GTX680. One problem though, they're both limited to four displays (580 might be three only), so to run five, you'd need a second one in SLI.

Either that, or ditch the fifth display and just run four with a GTX680.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-for-five-monitors-and-a-demanding-program.181865/
Relevancy 18.06%

so im deciding to upgrade my mobo that supports pci 2.0 I was wondering does 2.0 support 2.1 because im going to put a budget radeon card in it note this is not a gaming pc just a little upgrade

A:Mobo update

Yes, PCIE 2.0 will support a 2.1 card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-update.181796/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello, ​recently I bought a CM v6GT. while I was putting it in the ​cpu socket​ on the motherboard cracked and my cpu fit in one side only.the other side just popping out. should I just force the cpu into the socket ?​

A:Something is wrong with my mobo

should I just force the cpu into the socket ?Click to expand...

No, definitely not! You want to get a replacement and report that to the manufacture. To try and force it in, you risk damaging your CPU. Then you would be out of a MOBO and CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/something-is-wrong-with-my-mobo.181636/
Relevancy 24.94%

I recently bought a 1TB external drive in the first month was the paradise of about three months here been hell ...

The problem is that the windows when i connect the disk, sometimes it correctly detects and installs the correct drivers, other times it detects wrong and installs other wrong drivers.
When you install the wrong windows drivers in Disk Manager says that is not present or does not detect the capacity, despite the indication that I have the the connected USB device. Another indicator light is always on the disc, rather than intermittently (indicating that it is accessing data) ...

To be even more difficult the drivers are registry keys ...

Have tested it on several PC with W7 and XP sp3 and the problem still occurs ...

Have I contacted the support of the disc but the impression I got is that understand of hardware even less than me ...

Can you help me please!!

A:Wrong plug-and-play drivers

OMG! what is the brand/make/model of the external drive in question?!? I have never heard of a known brand to do something like that unless the enclosure itself is hosed and/or beginning to fail. Post back & let me know, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wrong-plug-and-play-drivers.179651/
Relevancy 21.5%

I recently installed a new WD 160Gb drive. I partitioned, formated (NTFS) and installed Windows XP SP3 (using the Windows XP setup program). However, the system has reversed my CD drive and the HD letters.

It gave the HD "E" and the CD drive "C". (It should be the other way around) I can not change the HD letter back to "C". It says I can't change the boot volume letter assignment.

I set the boot sequence in the bios to boot from the CD first, the way it should be for installing a OS, right?

What did I do wrong? Why did it assign my CD drive "C" and my HD to "E"?

Scott

A:New hard drive assigned wrong drive letter..

Hello. Correct boot sequence, not sure why the letters are reversed - you might be able to (carefully!) correct them, article here seems to explain it fairly well? http://www.petri.co.il/change_system_drive_letter_in_windows_xp.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-drive-assigned-wrong-drive-letter.181370/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello,

I'm trying to update the drivers on my Radeon x600 256MB graphics card with Windows XP 32 bit.

I downloaded the following file described as the ATI Catalyst Driver 10.2 (XP): download-euro <dot> oldapps <dot> com/ATI/10-2_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu.exe

On running this download, it has installed Catalyst Install Manager in C:\Program Files\ATI\CIM\Bin, but I have no idea what I need to do next!

Running Install Manager and following the steps through seems to do something, though looking at device manager, it doesn't look as though the driver has been updated (it's still version 8.162.0.0)...

Thanks in advance

A:Radeon x600 XP driver update

Try the WDM Integrated Driver here :

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownlo...px?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13&lang=English

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-x600-xp-driver-update.179750/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all So the situation is thus we are looking into getting a new office NAS server? for server for our office currently all individual desktops and laptops and have been given a quote that has come in considerably higher than we d anticipated Part of this is due to the addition of a tape auto-loader as a backup device which is coming in at including tapes The benefits we ve been given for this are tapes being more robust especially if being take off NAS for office server? site and more secure than hard drives but I have a concern at how accessible the data is should we need to resort to accessing the backup This got me to thinking would a NAS device or multiple with hot-swappable drives used in a similar way provide the same functionality as the auto-loader but at a much cheaper cost And if so what would people recommend for this I am fairly well versed on consumer devices from the likes of Synology and we already have a Lacie NAS in the office for general file storage though it s not been that relaible but I have no experience with multiple bay hot-swappable models Is there a particular brand I should look at that offer more commercial devices or would a -bay Synology be fine Thanks in advance grinthumb nbsp

A:NAS for office server?

You are into the area of planning called "Business Continuation"; how do you continue
when there are different levels of failure?

Consider (list in order of difficulty):

drive or system fails
building becomes unusable (fire / floor/ storm)
city takes a tornado / hurricane hit
county / state looses power

In addition, tapes per se are frail media and for long term storage, need humidity and temp controlled storage - - and regardless, the magnetic info degrades and/or 'imprints' from one layer adjcent to another. We saw this with IBM and tapes stored at Iron Mountain.

Local backups (ie store onsite) work well for all variations of (1) and off-site storage
only delays the recovery time.

(2) will likely wipeout all local backups (tape or otherwise) and is why off-site is necessary.

(3+4) makes the point that off-site storage is viable ONLY when it is outside the area of the disaster.

IMO, tape is a dead media - - what a mess if you need to use a backup set and find that after mounting several tapes in a restore you find that the nTH tape is unreadable :OUCH:

a) you ask the right question; which NAS systems are most reliable?
Google for "review scsi nas with hotswap".

b) get a SCSI enclosure with several bays and implement Raid-1 (mirrored)
with auto-rebuild to avoid hard stopping the system while a new drive is brought online.

c) determine the degree of effort to recover 'lost data'. It is impractical to take
a drive offline every day, so what period can you tolerate between HD rotations?
(suggest one per week + one per month = 8 drive in rotation pool).
Then keep last weeks drive local and all else offsite.

my $0.02

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-for-office-server.178981/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi everyone,
My name is Amanda, mommy of 2. Know some about computers but not everything and I don't know how to fix this. I have been using my burner just fine for days, now all of a sudden it's saying Wrong Volume, some type of error message like that. It has said that before with please insert Audio cd or it will say some other weird insert the file name.
So I'm not sure what's going on. What happen from a few days ago to now? I've been having this problem for the last couple of days now & I just got this computer like a week ago. So I'm trying to see if I just need to take all my stuff off of here (which isn't a lot) And just get a different computer.

Help please!!!

Amanda Webb
Thanks for reading and if you can help I really appreciate it. :wave:

A:Burning & then says wrong volume

Describe the computer, and whether a desktop or laptop... and tell us how frequently you burn items to a disk. Those units do wear out, and are one of the high volume failures on some computers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-then-says-wrong-volume.177168/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello all,

Please feel free to comment on this hardware list.
Use : as above in title
No: O/C,SLI,Crossfire,movie downloads,on line games, etc.
Have: 1440x900 flat screen,mouse,keyboard,speakers
Budget;< $600

Thanks in advance for your kind input.

ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM H61 DDR3 LGA1155 mATX PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 PCI VGA DVI B3 Motherboard

Intel Pentium Dual Core G620 Processor LGA1155 2.6GHZ 3MB Retail Box

Powercolor Radeon HD 6770 850MHZ 1GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 DVI HDMI VGA PCI-E Video Card

Kingston 4GB Kit 2X2GB 1333MHz DDR3 240PIN DIMM Unbuffered CL9 1.5V Memory Kit

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM 3.5IN SATA Internal Hard Drive OEM

LG GH22NS70 Super Multi 22X SATA DVD Writer Black OEM

Coolermaster Elite 370 Black Mid Tower ATX Case 3X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PS

Corsair Builder Series CMPSU-430CXV2 430W ATX Power Supply Active PFC 120MM Fan

A:Budget new build for home/office/casual gaming

Nice build

The Radeon HD 6770 has a requirement of "450 Watt or greater power supply"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-new-build-for-home-office-casual-gaming.174536/
Relevancy 22.36%

Not sure if this belongs here or on the networking board. Anyway...
We have a network of about 20 pcs. I recently installed four new machines that run Windows 7 with Office 2010. The server is running Server 2003. Three of the machines worked perfectly from the beginning, accessing the server and sharing folders and files. One machine will only open files in "read only" mode. I have shared all the folders and given every permission there is but it will only open the files in "read only". It is a critical accounting machine that has to share and change files. What am I missing?

A:Sharing folders and files in Office 2010

hmm; your wording is imprecise so need to make sure what you mean,

Office 2010 can not be shared other than the Calendar events and that's not done
via "sharing".

You don't state the application that is sharing the common file on the server,
but I assume some accounting system installed on multiple client systems are attempting
concurrent access to the same accounting data.

You don't say if this has ever worked before with this setup or if this is the initial install for the Sharing of the accounting data.

First action is to access that file by only one system at a time (ie: disconnect the mapped Drive letter) and get that working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-folders-and-files-in-office-2010.174216/
Relevancy 25.37%

hey guys i recently just bought a 2GB stick of ram because the price was right. Im at 8 GB now and its not the same brand and etc as the other 3 that came with the PC i hear that this can cause issues and make it slower then before... soo i took a pic using CPU-z to compare the frequency's . The one on the left is with the new Chip, the one on the right is without.. as you can see there are 2 Numbers that are different, is this a cause for concern? or should everything work smoothly?

A:RAM upgrade -- is something wrong?

The numbers are hard to see, even when zooming in on the image.

I couldn't tell which value was different.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-upgrade-is-something-wrong.173045/
Relevancy 33.54%

I'm taking a class right now and the teacher keeps alluding to the fact that it doesn't matter how fast the CPU is. For example the CPU could be sitting there ideally. Could someone elaborate, is there no point in getting a faster CPU if the bus is too slow?

A:Why is CPU not as important as people think it is?

I don't really understand what he is suggesting. There are too many variables. What CPU? What is the bus speed? What applications are in question? What do you mean by

"For example the CPU could be sitting there ideally"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-cpu-not-as-important-as-people-think-it-is.172659/
Relevancy 20.64%

There is a specific software that i would like to install to the Server ans to let it run on all the computers on the network. So,instead of installing it on each computer (time consuming) i need a way to install it on the server and let it run on each other computer.

A:Installing program to server

Copy software to a folder on the server
Share the folder over the network
Map the folder as a drive on the workstations
Run the software on the workstations.

This is pretty basic networking.

The software has to be set up so that it can be shared in that way. In most cases you will probably have to install the software on the hard drive and share just the data files over the network. The application has to have that capability.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-program-to-server.171306/
Relevancy 17.2%

I am very very frustrated since I waited a while to get this motherboard from china. My last DFI board randomly died on me and I ordered this as a replacement because I wanted a decent 775 board. I worked on it all night tonight and despite it reading all the hardware... it will not boot unless I reset the cmos every time. On top of that... I can not get the bios to update... it doesn't read any of the 5 usb drives I tried (fat/fat32). Also I tend to get this grey screen when trying to flash it sometimes. I am beside myself at this point after fussing with it for hours on end and I really need some help.

A:Asus P5E3 BIOS won't update and needs CMOS reset to boot every time

Sounds like either the BIOS is corrupted or the motherboard battery is a goner.

Have you tried burning the new BIOS to a bootable CD ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5e3-bios-wont-update-and-needs-cmos-reset-to-boot-every-time.171511/
Relevancy 25.8%

Bought a 570 Gtx by EVGA to replace my 9800 GT, But it seems to me like its having more problems and is slower than before but it does kinda run games like warhamer 40k that i couldn't run its just not what was promised with horrible framerates. I can't even play WoW without framerate spikes in the starter zone.

Idk how to check whether or not my pci- e is 1.0 or 2.0 also i checked dxdiag and it says 16x lanes but i'm still unsure heres my system info.

Try and set up your thread giving us the information as a list;

1. Acer f672cr
2. Graphic interface - PCIe
3. Memory -DDR2 4096
4. CPU - Intel Pentium D 925
5. CPU Speed - 3000.0 MHZ
6. Power Supply Make/Model -Thermaltake/ Black Widow
7. Watt output/Amperage 850
5. Country- USA

A:Did I buy the wrong GPU?

I think it could be a bottleneck. Did you install the card, or did you have it installed by someone else?

Go download Speccy, or everest to see if you have the correct GPU if that is what you are afraid of.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/did-i-buy-the-wrong-gpu.171277/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi guys Here is an interesting one for you For a few days now I noticed that issuing DHCP wrong IP address computer on this network has been issued the wrong IP address It is a Windows XP Pro SP PC using a internal Realtek LAN adapter DHCP issuing wrong IP address Using DHCP issued from a wire ADSL router Default DHCP configuration IP Address Range - gt Subnet Default Gateway However this computer has been issued with IP Address Subnet Default DHCP issuing wrong IP address Gateway DHCP Server DNS Server Internet still works but network drive access doesn t All computers are plugged into a NetGear port network switch with cable going to the Wire ADSL router Everyone else on the network is correct and so was this PC up until last Thursday The system was being used in the morning Had a blackout and ever since this problem has occured Trying a few things gives these results Restarting the router and network switch - Made no change Restarting the PC - Made no change Disable Windows Firewall - Made no change Disable AVG AntiVirus - Made no change Disconnected LAN cable - Address issued was the default auto config address Reconnected cable - Went back to Repaired Connection - Made no change IPCONFIG RELEASE - Gave address IPCONFIG RENEW - Gave address Used Setup Network Connection Wizard - Made no change There is only a single LAN adapter in the system and ICS is not enabled Have got them out of trouble by using a static IP address and everything works fine however doesn t solve the DHCP problem Anyone have any thoughts what is going on here nbsp

A:DHCP issuing wrong IP address

NotVeryWiseOne said:

Here is an interesting one for you. For a few days now I noticed that 1 computer on this network has been issued the wrong IP address. It is a Windows XP Pro SP3 PC using a internal Realtek LAN adapterClick to expand...

ok

There is only a single LAN adapter in the system and ICS is not enabled. Have got them out of trouble by using a static IP address and everything works fine however doesn't solve the DHCP problem.Click to expand...

as dhcp ONLY serves to autoconf the client and you've setup static settings, actually you are DONE. The caveat of course is that you would like (I hope) to have one point of control from the DC side. Let's see ...

Using DHCP issued from a 2wire ADSL router
Default DHCP configuration
IP Address Range 10.0.0.1 -> 10.0.0.99
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 10.0.0.138 << atypical here but valid; normally the router is the gateway
.....................................................and it would be at 10.0.0.1 and the dhcp range 2-100

However this computer has been issued with
IP Address 120.151.90.99
Subnet 255.255.255.248
Default Gateway 120.151.90.98
DHCP Server 10.0.0.138
DNS Server 10.0.0.138Click to expand...

one would hope the DNS would be on your DC or a public ISP; sure bizarre.
(there's a remote chance of something else, but let's defer that discussion for now)

Normally, the client BROADCASTS on x.x.x.255 port 68 and gets back
the DHCP address and proceeds from there.

=== that leads to this issue Node Type = = =

get Regedit
go to the key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters
set DhcpNodeType = 1 (if not found create a REG_DWORD and get the spelling and case as shown)
set NodeType = 8 (same comment " " )

Looks like the client has junk in the static config.
Use View Network Connections (on the ailing system) right-click Local Lan->Properties
scroll to Tcp/IP, click properties
On the General Tab, click both Obtain xxx Automatically and ensure everything else is empty.
Click the Advance button at the bottom
* IP settings tab: shows DHCP Enabled; default gateway is empty [x] auto metric
* DNS tab: everything empty and [x] Append primary & connection specific DNS suffixes
* WINS tab: at the bottom; NetBios setting [x] Default
.... you decide the WINS and Enable LMHOSTS lookup for your DC
* Options tab: shows TCP/IP filtering; click properties button
.... [x] all three Permit All

Click OK three times to get back to the top, click close

get a command prompt (start->run->cmd (using admin of course)
enter

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
net start "dns client"
(yes, keep the quotes)

disconnect this system from the lan and wait 30 seconds and then reconnect
wait another 30 seconds and rerun /ipconfig /all

the Node Type should show up as Hybrid

Internet still works but network drive access doesn't.Click to expand...

because it is on the WRONG subnet

All computers are plugged into a NetGear 16 port network switch with 1 cable going to the 2Wire ADSL router.

Everyone else on the network is correct and so was this PC up until last Thursday. The system was being used in the morning. Had a blackout and ever since this problem has occured.

Trying a few things gives these results.
Restarting the router and network switch - Made no change
Restarting the PC - Made no change
Disable Windows Firewall - Made no change
Disable AVG AntiVirus - Made no change
Disconnected LAN cable - Address issued was the default 169 auto config address
Reconnected cable - Went back to 120.151.90.99
Repaired Connection - Made no change
IPCONFIG /RELEASE - Gave address 0.0.0.0
IPCONFIG /RENEW - Gave address 120.151.90.99
Used Setup Network Connection Wizard - Made no changeClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dhcp-issuing-wrong-ip-address.169737/
Relevancy 17.63%

I am looking for a way to bring an old IBM desktop machine that I built Into more sutible working conditions. Does any one have any Ideas on how I can update the innerds of my computer?
I know this very vauge but I dont have the computer with me now and am looking to stock up on what I need (Info and parts) Before I get back to it.
\Thanks?

A:Best way to update graphics on five-year-old IBM desktop

We heed to know the components you have before we can recommend upgrades. What is the IBM model number - or better a link to the IBM spec list for it - and what new components did you put in?

Also, what is your budget and how do you use the PC?

For a starter on learning about video card upgrades, I recommend this site:

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/

Pay particular attention to the criteria page that addresses system constraints in the upgrade process - and helps you define your wants and needs in a way that is useful:

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/criteria.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-update-graphics-on-five-year-old-ibm-desktop.169271/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have just recently ordered some parts to build my own gaming computer. I purchased this processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX

and this motherboard:GIGABYTE GA-M68MT-S2P AM3 NVIDIA GeForce 7025/nForce 630a chipset Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

The FSB on the motherboard says 1000MHz Hyper Transport (2000 MT/s), the FSB of the processor says 4000mhz.

Is this a problem? motherboard says its ready to take on the 6-core AMD processor that i purchased. Is this going to be a problem. If someone could tell me what would happen if i put them together i would greatly appreciate it. im freaking out right now.... think i just wasted money on this mobo.

A:I think I bought the wrong motherbaord for my processor!

According to the Gigabyte site there are two revisions of this board, Rev 1.0 and Rev 3.0. The AMD Phenom II X6 1090T is not on the Supported Cpu list for Rev 1.0 but is supported on Rev 3.0
The following note is on the product page for both revisions:

* If you install AMD AM3 CPU on this motherboard, the system bus speed will downgrade from HT3.0 (5200MT/s) to HT1.0 (2000 MT/s) spec; however, the frequency of AM3 CPU will not be impacted. Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.Click to expand...

If I'm reading this right it appears that you'll need Rev 3.0 to run the 1090T but it will still degrade from HT 3 to HT 1. Here are the Cpu support lists off the Gigabyte site.

Socket AM3 - NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a - GA-M68MT-S2P (rev. 1.0)

Socket AM3 - NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a - GA-M68MT-S2P (rev. 3.0)

Personally, I would recommend that you return your current board if possible and upgrade to a that natively supports the 1090T.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-i-bought-the-wrong-motherbaord-for-my-processor.168106/
Relevancy 18.06%

After doing some research...(I feel fairly stupid) I have figured out that a Ati Radeon Hd 5400 Series graphics card, is not the best for gaming. I got this PC for Christmas from iBuypower. Here are my specs:

CPU AMD Athlon II X2 250
CPU Speed 3.00 Ghz
Motherboard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co.
Motherboard Model GA-770T-USB3
Ram 4 Gigabytes
Power Supply MaxPower PX-480 (480w)

And I am from the US.
Thx to cfitzarl for the guide to opening a new thread.
BTW I play games like WOW and Rift soon to be Magicka.

Relevancy 18.06%

Planning to upgrade my graphic card here are the current specs :

Intel C2D 2.8 Ghz
4 GB DDR2 RAM
Intel DG31 PR
250 GB HDD

Currently using Nvidia 8400 GS.Max monitor resolution is 1400x900 but will be upgrading to a bigger monitor in a few months.
Will also upgrade psu for the new card budget is around 150$ excluding the psu cost but am willing to extend or reduce the budget.Need the card to play games at higher settings.Please suggest a good card for me Thanks.

A:Graphic card update

Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-520 520W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-update.166962/
Relevancy 24.51%

Righty then methinks I gots here an olde Canon MP know It s about years old and I m tasked with getting it back up and running It worked perfectly fine right until yesterday - when all of a sudden a wild Error appeared First things first I do not have to actually fix it If some component is permanently broken fine as long as I know why it s broken and which component I m satisfied Symptoms I can and do access Print and I print a cartridge error: wrong MP730 - Canon document just Canon MP730 - error: wrong cartridge like any printer Document is being sent to s-pool Canon MP730 - error: wrong cartridge Says on computer that There has been an error Looks over at printer eq to POST code has appeared quot WRONG CARTRIDGE quot I always have a load of different cartridges laying around So I swap them all for the recommended genuine Canon MP730 - error: wrong cartridge OEM Canon cartridges just like new quot WRONG CARTRIDGE quot I m puzzled So what should can I do I am very interested in hearing some TechSpot-members thoughts Also I m translating the error message there is a chance that those who coded the printer in my language did so very badly not uncommon - e g there is a possibility that the error message is actually supposed to be quot Wrong Cassette quot My goal Preferably get the printer back up and running Secondarily if unfixable sit back and enjoy the error-reading on TechSpot The printer has never been cleaned - so maybe I have to change the ink depository if there is one some pardon for poor translation from my native tounge nbsp

A:Canon MP730 - error: wrong cartridge

80 views and no suggestions. Keep 'em coming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/canon-mp730-error-wrong-cartridge.164751/
Relevancy 20.64%

I use my TI-82 grapics calculator quite a lot (usually for programming), and I'm aving a problem with the variables, primarily the "Y" variable. When I put a store command for a real variable in a program, the calculator stores "0" to it no matter what. The problem usually occurs during the first 30 seconds of program execution. I try entering the command several times, and it still doesn't work right. What I'm mainly worried about is the fact that it hasn't done this when I first bought it.

Will it get worse?
Can I do anything to fix it?
Does this indicate a serious problem elsewhere?

A:Variables not changing in program on TI-82

i doubt that this is the right section for this but anyway... try contacting the manufacturer and see if they can help you or google

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/variables-not-changing-in-program-on-ti-82.165778/
Relevancy 18.06%

I hope this hasn t been asked already I searched for similar questions but there are a vast number of topics already posted that I don t think I even scratched the surface This is the second time I ve recieved a notification update? Recommend BIOS from Dell Support Center with the recommendation to update my BIOS I didn t do it the first time because I had no idea what I was doing and Recommend BIOS update? knew that messing with your BIOS could cause some serious problems This time I figure I will ask the experts first This is the message I am getting quot BIOS UPDATE AVAILABLE There is a critical new BIOS update available This critical BIOS update will fix problems or add features to the computer Recommend BIOS update? s BIOS It is strongly recommended to update to this latest BIOS quot Short sweet and to the point My question is whether or not it seems like a good idea to go ahead and do the update Recommend BIOS update? In regards to BIOS updates I ve been told quot if it ain t broke don t fix it quot but if the update will speed things up or have some benefit I m interested Also if it does seem like a good thing to do how do I go about it so I don t end up with a paper weight Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Recommend BIOS update?

I would agree with your final comment, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". But, on the other hand if Dell are pushing this recommendation then it may have some benefits, just make certain it is coming from Dell and not some bogus site. Go to the official Dell support site and look up your PC's drivers, it will show you in there what the latest version the Bios is, just check it against what you have. Go into Bios at boot and it will be written at the top of the screen.

http://support.dell.com/support/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~ck=bt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-bios-update.165610/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello on update Can't my Asus UL30VT! driver graphics I m not sure this belongs in this forum section so if it doesn t please don t bite my head off All right so about a month ago the laptop I used to game with broke because of a water accident Thus I cannot get it repaired for free and my poor little student budget can t afford a repair So now I Can't update my graphics driver on Asus UL30VT! m using my tiny UL VT to game with until Can't update my graphics driver on Asus UL30VT! I can get hold of someone who can repair my dear laptop for something cheaper than what the store I bought it at charges for it - And it has been coping surprisngly fine considering that it isn t a laptop meant for that But yesterday I ran into a problem where I am forced to update my graphics driver to be able to play on decent graphics in most of my games So I downloaded the newest driver from nvidia and everything was fine until it told me that it couldn t install because it couldn t find the hardware itself I got told that s because of the option to switch betweens graphics Intel GMA X MHD and NVIDIA GeForce G M in my UL VT and thus I need to get a special driver from ASUS But that driver s nowhere to be found So are anyone here able to tell me where I can find the driver I need It really annoys me to have to play on the lowest graphics possible just because of a stupid driver problem THanks in advance nbsp

A:Can't update my graphics driver on Asus UL30VT!

ASUS driver

Been to the ASUS driver download page, BUT it was blank at first try, so forced it to reload the page;
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
There are 2 drivers listed for your UL30VT, 1) is a patch , (V1.0.0.1)@116KB, and
2) nVidia graphic driver, (V8.15.11.8688)@ 97MB.
These are for Windows 7. Hope this is what you meant.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-update-my-graphics-driver-on-asus-ul30vt.161462/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello Motherboard GA- VT P Combo rev x Current CPU Intel Pentium D GHz Target CPU Intel Core Quad ghz m a Graphics Nvidia GeForce GTS RAM x Corsair DDR GB OS Windows -bit Hard Drive gb Seagate Power Supply Antec Earthwatts W Max Hello i am about to lose it So i have the configuration as stated and i am trying to update the bios so that an intel core quad ghz m a works because that particular processor is listed on the cpu support list for my motherboard however to without BIOS Need floppy update when i try to use it i get a blank screen on startup no bios no nothing I narrowed it down to the bios because i also tried an intel core duo ghz m and had the same problem blank screen on startup and no bios So thats why at the moment i have a pentium d in Need to update BIOS without floppy because it worked so i figured since the core quad is on the support list but isnt working i should update the bios i downloaded the latest version FD and tried to run the exe from my desktop of windows but got the error quot This system Need to update BIOS without floppy does not support fullscreen mode Choose Close to terminate Need to update BIOS without floppy the application quot Fine so i noticed qflash in the bios area and realised thats the method of my current bios and went into it by pressing delete to enter setup then F for qflash Options were keep DMI data Enable with the option to disable I don t know what DMI data is save bios to floppy or update bios from floppy So I grab a floppy drive and plug it in one that I know is working from trying it on another pc The floppy drive doesn t work it doesn t register a floppy drive nor in windows or in qflash Turns out my input connecter for floppy seems to be busted on my motherboard Reason I think this is because I tried my power supply plugged into the floppy drive then the floppy ide into another pc s motherboard input and turned them on at the same time and I got the green light on the floppy drive working which means it s the input on my motherboard not my power supply nor the cable It seems the only way to update the bios is via floppy I tried putting the files onto a DVD and booting it but it didn t read any files as bootable I tried a usb but the only option in qflash is floppy AND THE MOTHERBOARD FLOPPY CONNECTER IS BUSTED I cant seem to do anything without it What do I do Is there another way of updating my bios I NEED to have support for a core quad Why does my floppy input not work Its just one problem after another Do such faults warrant repair from gigabyte Could a usb floppy be an option Would my primitive bios see a usb floppy as a floppy nbsp

A:Need to update BIOS without floppy

You didn't read the support list properly. The Core 2 Quad or Core 2 Duo processors are not supported. See here: http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=1937 The N/A in the "Since BIOS Version" column means not supported. See the red note in the upper left of the page?

So you are wasting your time trying to update the BIOS. There's no point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-update-bios-without-floppy.164518/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, firstly I have a working knowledge of home computers and have been asked to sort out our computers in the office.

At the moment we have 3 desktops and two laptops running off of a server. The problem is the server keeps crashing and we can't access any emails or the shared drive we all use to store company information. We are getting fed up with the IT company we contract to sort out our computer needs. I was wondering if we even need a network server - would it be reasonable in the short term to just have a networked hard drive or two that we can all access. Could someone explain to me in simple terms what the benefit of a server is ?
I will say this is a new company and our IT needs may increase rapidly in the near future.

Thanks

A:Advice for our office network

A server is just another system, specially configured, to run Services and store common data.

A WEB server (aka google.com) has an HTTP Service running on port 80
and a backend process that find user search keywords in a database and returns an HTML output of those URLs.

A common 'Server' for business is the Windows Server {2000, 2003, and now 2008).

The Windows Server(WS) can be configured to provide

1. a local DNS Service

2. a local DHCP service

3. an LDAP (or Active Directory Service)

4. and frequently an Exchange Server (for email)

Services 1+2 then control your company hardware network and service lookups.

Shared data is usually kept on the WS and accessed as Shared Directories.

The brute-force simple network just uses a system to contain the Shared Directories

and everyone just does his/her own thing (ie no domain.name and no email server {which doesn't look good or show much professionalism} ).

If Joe Doe jr, IT-Guy can't give you a stable WS, get another. This time ensure that
you get refunds of the monthly service fee for every hour of down time (if they balk at this, select another - - they're not too professional either).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-for-our-office-network.164408/
Relevancy 18.06%

Ok so I have a custom build PC. I have a Asus P5K motherboard. I have upgraded to Windows 7 due to vista sucking *** lmao. But the only problem with that is, my motherboard is not compatable with Windows 7. I keep getting the BSOD because i need to update my BIOS. What can I do to fix this..." BECIDES GOING BACK TO VISTA"

A:I can't update my BIOS

Have you tried using the Asus "EZ Flash 2" utility? Here is ASUS download page for your motherboard:
ASUS P5K

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-update-my-bios.163688/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hey has anyone ever heard of this I have a Dell laptop that told me it needed to update my video drivers so I did and all hell broke loose I couldn t issues 1536 Studio Dell after HD update run AVG everything was bogged down and it took FOREVER to open folders or files I tried restore it but all restores points were gone and I tried using Dell CDs to restore the HD put it keep failing I finally had to pull the drive out and hook it by USB to another system also running AVG and scanned it It said I had only two virii both Win Heur in Dell Studio 1536 HD issues after update the updated ATI drivers After it scanned I used AVG on the desktop computer to quarantine the files and heal them It told me it couldn t because they longer existed Then when I tried to look at the contents of that partition it was blank When I put it back in the laptop it tried to boot but fails saying no bootable media exists Now multiple errors are popping up with other hardware on the system I hooked it back up to the desktop and I can still see the drive but no files Any clues on what I ve done I posted in the virus and malware forum but they said it looked like a windows issue Any suggestions would be most appreciated TD Sorry I can t give any log files but they re just vanished nbsp

A:Dell Studio 1536 HD issues after update

You will probably have to purchase a Dell restore disc for your model laptop and do a fresh install of Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1536-hd-issues-after-update.162700/
Relevancy 24.94%

Ok so recently I purchased a gtx hawk and have been having major problems in my games I have flickering during different effects in SC and major color issues in Rift Essentially any game I play has an issue Here is a rundown of my system ASUS M A TD-V EVO motherboard AMD Phenom II x CPU Overclocked to Ghz and cores as th was unstable GB G Skill Ripjaws DD Ram - - - timings MSI GTX Hawk Antec Eco Neo W PSU WD Caviar blue GB HDD Windows XP SP -Bit Ok so heres the wierd part the issue 460 and color Rift Wrong WoW on GTX with fills is temporarily solved whenever I reinstall the graphics drivers but the issue returns after a bit I would be playing starcraft II and all of a sudden the game crashes and when I open it back up the issue has Wrong color fills with GTX 460 on WoW and Rift returned and I have to reinstall the graphics drivers My graphics card is not overheating as it is in a very well ventilated case and is running at stock speeds and I have also monitored the temps and they remain very low I am fairly certain the card is not defective as I have already RMAed one and they simply replaced it with a new one Any ideas on what could be wrong nbsp

A:Wrong color fills with GTX 460 on WoW and Rift

I realize now I probably did not give enough information so I am going to add specs and a picture of what the error looks like

ASUS M4A785TDV- EVO MOBO
G. Skill DDR3 1600 4gigs RAM
MSI Hawk Talon Attack GTX 460 1GB Video Card
Western digital caviar blue 500gb HDD
Windows XP 32bit OS

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/9295/riftglitch.png

the error will usually go away if i reboot the game but will occasionally progress and cause BSODs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wrong-color-fills-with-gtx-460-on-wow-and-rift.161285/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello everyone i recently have had having some computer problems which i have no clue why it s happening I have looked at many other posts yet could still not fix my problem I m new to computer hardware related stuff and to will due not Computer run to program restarting or installations games computer posting I was hoping someone could help me solve this or give a general idea of what s causing this to happen Computer Specs Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU E GHz ATI RADEON HD RV XT less than one month old Gigs of DDR -SDRAM DELL KP Motherboard Problem I recently started to game a lot more on my computer and decided to get a new ATI Radeon HD My computer was working great for about two weeks and now whenever I go to load a game my computer restarts its self It also restarts its self when I try to install any Computer will not run games or program installations due to computer restarting program It stars up the game or program installer then it goes to a black screen leading to the restart The games I play range from old games such as Diablo to Bullet storm I m sure there is a chance that it s a virus so I thought I should mention that I run BitDefender deep system scan Spybot S amp D Avast and Malewarebytes every day Temperatures CPU is C idling not sure of temp right before restart GPU is c idling not sure of temp right before restart I have tried Updating all drivers on my computer Ran prime torture test for six hours with no errors nbsp

A:Computer will not run games or program installations due to computer restarting

Perhaps the power supply is not up to the task and is giving out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-run-games-or-program-installations-due-to-computer-restarting.162002/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi i need to update my BIOS but i cant find the update anywhere as Packard Bell dont have it on there site as its an older system.
Specs are:
Packard Bell BV IMEDIA MC 2569 PB34330401
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD W7301VP2.025 10/13/2006
Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
System Serial Number: 127381660309
Chassis Serial Number: 50424E
Enclosure Type: Desktop
1.87 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Board: Packard Bell BV Cuba MS-7301 1.0
Bus Clock: 266 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD W7301VP2.025 10/13/2006

Listed as much as i can to help someone help me, as i need this update badly.
Thanks in advance
Joe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/imedia-bios-update-help.161852/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi I m looking for some help figuring out what is wrong with a laptop I bought It is a Cybercom MD it had Windows XP installed but it wouldn t boot I would get the BSOD I booted up from the what's bought Let's with figure out I wrong a laptop. dodgy it Windows XP disc I get to the part where I am to create a partition I previously deleted the old one in Acronis Disk Director when I press C to do so the computer reboots If I boot into Acronis Disk Director and manually create an NTFS partition set it active then boot from the Windows I bought a dodgy laptop. Let's figure out what's wrong with it XP disc I press enter to install onto that partition and it gets stuck almost immediately after that at the part where it says quot examining disk id lt numbers gt bus lt numbers gt MBR Sometimes it will reboot instead of freezing I have also tried installing several Linux distros they all freeze early on and I can t tell what part it is that it freezes at I have scanned the entire HD thoroughly with HDD Regenerator and it says there are no errors My thought is maybe the HD is dodgy But HDD Regenerator said the thing is squeaky clean Maybe it s an MBR problem What I plan on trying tomorrow it s bed time now is creating a FAT partition and installing windows I also plan on deleting I bought a dodgy laptop. Let's figure out what's wrong with it the MBR to see if that makes any difference does anyone have any ideas on what this could be or any suggestions for me to try I d appreciate any help I can get nbsp

A:I bought a dodgy laptop. Let's figure out what's wrong with it

Have you got any spare RAM to try in it? Any amount will prove the point--even 512MB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-bought-a-dodgy-laptop-lets-figure-out-whats-wrong-with-it.161282/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have had two Scepter X226W-1920 monitors for about a year, both operating at 1920x1080 resolution. When I turned my computer on today, the resolution for the second monitor was 1600x1200 and when I tried to change it that was the highest resolution available. Windows detects my primary monitor as "X226W-1920" but the second one shows up as "Generic Non-PnP monitor". I have updated all my drivers and restarted my computer several times. The strange part is that they have been functioning correctly for almost a year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/second-monitor-suddenly-the-wrong-resolution.160076/
Relevancy 22.36%

My home network consists of a 3com office connect and 2 PC connecting to it through wireless. In the 3com config, i can see the Internet IP address is 203.223.210.232 but i am not able to ping it from my office network.
The router actually connects to the socket provided by my building, so i havent really subscribed to any ISP. I don't know if this IP is real and can be accessible from outside. Or the issue is that the router just doens't repsond to my ping. Any suggestions? Thanks!

A:Cannot ping my 3com router from office

it looks like a external ip but it still could be internal only.
you buildings network could have ping or icmp disabled or disallowed..
i would assume that there is a router/ switch which distributes network access to everybody, managed by the building.

did you try an nslookup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-ping-my-3com-router-from-office.159981/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello all you new people!

So, here's the story. I was bad and overclocked my AMD Athlon 64x2 2.4 Ghz processor. It eventually went bad. Didn't have money to fix it for a while, and today I just purchased a 2.0 Ghz Athlon 64x2 for next to nothing.

Now, it posts in the mobo, and I can get into the bios, then it just...shuts off. I try turning it back on, fans come on, shuts off again almost immediately. Let it sit a while, then I can get into the bios for a minute or so before it shuts off again.

I finally figured out, that the MOBO is recognizing the processor at 3800+ (which is correct) but it shows a speed of 2.42 ghz instead of 2.0!!!

I have no idea what to do, but I'm not messing with it again until I get some answers

please help? Thanks

A:MSI K9N SLI Platinum - wrong CPU!

Reset the BIOS. That should fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-k9n-sli-platinum-wrong-cpu.159385/
Relevancy 18.06%

I purchased a new computer an Acer last August so it is about months old My computer runs Windows Vista I recently tried installing a program How update I sound do my card? and could not get it to run on my computer I sent my dxdiag file to the tech support and they told me that I most likely needed to update my sound card since it is from March I attempted through the windows update screen to find updates and I also have tried to update drivers through the quot find updated drivers quot that is on my computer and both of those options tell me that my drivers sound card are up to date However it is still possible that I can download something from the manufacturer website I have a Realtek soundcard but the only way to download updates is to know what model I have The way they reccommend to do that is to unscrew the computer and look on the soundcard itself The problem is that we have a very compact model and I would prefer not to go fishing around in such How do I update my sound card? a small space Is there a way to find the model of my sound card some other way When I clicked on information about my sound card it says RTKVHDA sys Any information you can provide would be helpful I actually doubt that updating my sound card will make the program work but I want to be able to tell tech support that I did it and it didn t work It isn t the sound of the program that s not working When I click on the program it opens but there is a dialog box with it that says quot Guitar Praise stopped working quot so nothing opens at all I would think if it were the sound card I would be able to have the program open but without sound Thanks Kendra nbsp

A:How do I update my sound card?

you shouldn't ever need to physically upgrade to a better sound card unless you're looking for better quality sound. having said that sound cards are not typically the cause of programs that refuse to install. not sure why they told you to get it replaced as it is probably built in to the motherboard. it sounds to me like the software may be incompatible with the drivers or direct x may need updating.

one quick way to determine your sound card is to download Piriform's Speccy, which will display all of the computer's hardware information. just click on "audio" and check the first section which will have a list of sound cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-update-my-sound-card.159072/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi everyone first post here Here s my issue - I just got a new PC for Christmas which is great However the computer was an HP slimline style and the motherboard lacked any PCI-e ports that would accept my Nvidia GT So I swapped out motherboards and put all the components in a new case and everything seemed to boot up fine However Restart graphics loading when wrong the motherboard doesn t have onboard graphics and booting the system up in safe mode shows the system crashing every time as the old onboard drivers from the HP motherboard tries to load Any suggestions on what to do The only two things I can think of are to load up the original HP motherboard with all the components again and Restart when loading wrong graphics boot it up then install the Nvidia drivers or wipe the hard drive and do a fresh Windows install Since I don t have a Win disc I would prefer to be able to just disable the old onboard if I can I know the card won t be installed in the HP motherboard so I m not sure that just installing the drivers for the PCI card would work I guess I could disable the onboard graphics in the BIOS of the HP board so maybe this will work Thanks in advance for your comments nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restart-when-loading-wrong-graphics.158909/
Relevancy 22.36%

So I got a slingbox for Christmas and I need more ports.

I currently have 5 computers, a printer, Apple time capsule w/wi-fi AP, and a vonage box connected to a Netgear 8-port FVS318 connected to another Vonage box which is in turn connetced to my dsl modem.

So I'm looking to move to a 16 port router with some type of QoS support that I can prioritize the traffic from the vonage boxes so they don't cut out when I'm on the phone & transferring files or using my sling box.

I have been browsing around and I found Netgears FS116E but I'm not quite sure if this would be a good fit or quite how it would best fit into my network since it is a switch.

I have also been told I should look at a gigabit router.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA,
Jason

A:Upgrading home office network - need suggestions

Do you really need a 16 port router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-home-office-network-need-suggestions.158837/
Relevancy 22.36%

I already have laptops, pocket PCs, mobile phones, and tablet PCs

A:What devices can you use for mobile computing in the office?

Need to describe What you NEED to do vs what you would like to do.

Have you ask the I.T. department about company standards/policies?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-devices-can-you-use-for-mobile-computing-in-the-office.157797/
Relevancy 25.37%

For some reason my up arrow key is mapped to w. W is still w. It just randomly happened after I made a script to change a couple keys around. When I turn the script off, all of the other keys it remaps go back to normal, but even after a restart, up is still w. Don't know what to do here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/key-mapped-wrong.157718/