Windows Support Forum

Any DLNA player software for Windows 10? (NOT server)

Q: Any DLNA player software for Windows 10? (NOT server)

Hi,

I'm looking for a working DLNA player for Windows 10 that can find my dvd recorder and play my saved programmes and play live TV like LG smart TV can. My LG smart TV have DLNA feature and it's working perfectly, but i need DLNA player for Windows if my family use my TV

Google is bad to search things i'm looking for, and NO, i'm NOT looking for DLNA server.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/52767-any-dlna-player-software-windows-10-not-server.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Any DLNA player software for Windows 10? (NOT server)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi all,

I have installed Windows Vista Ultimate. Can I set it up as DLNA server?

Regards,
R2D2

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/281366-windows-vista-dlna-server.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I am trying to set up for media streaming from my PC to my Sony Blu-Ray player using the
DNLA. I have a good network connection and have set up all permissions with Homeshare.
I get everything done and when I go into Media Player and click on the Stream tab to turn
on media streaming nothing happens. Also on my Blu-Ray player there is a DLNA server
tab should show up but it does not. Does anybody have any ideas on what to do to fix this.
Thanks.

A:Problems setting up DLNA server in windows 8

Originally Posted by Surfking61

I am trying to set up for media streaming from my PC to my Sony Blu-Ray player using the
DNLA. I have a good network connection and have set up all permissions with Homeshare.
I get everything done and when I go into Media Player and click on the Stream tab to turn
on media streaming nothing happens. Also on my Blu-Ray player there is a DLNA server
tab should show up but it does not. Does anybody have any ideas on what to do to fix this.
Thanks.

News flash, Windows media player in Windows 8 can not play DVD's or stream them, there is no built in DVD player in Windows 8 so it's not broken, they simply removed the functionality, it can do music but that's about it.

I use Windows Media Center for streaming.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/20324-problems-setting-up-dlna-server-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi,

I'm looking for a working DLNA player for Windows 10 that can find my dvd recorder and play my saved programmes and play live TV like LG smart TV can. My LG smart TV have DLNA feature and it's working perfectly, but i need DLNA player for Windows if my family use my TV

Google is bad to search things i'm looking for, and NO, i'm NOT looking for DLNA server.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/52767-any-dlna-client-software-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello.
Does anyone know or can anyone help...

Can I use Windows Media Services in Server 2003R2 to function as DLNA server?

Actually that leads me to another question can I or how can I use Server2003R2 as a DLNA Server?

Relevancy 68.37%

I apologize if this help Server. please?? Media not server found DLNA For Any is the wrong forum to post this and if anyone can direct me to the proper forum if any but here goes I found this site in DLNA server not found For Media Server. Any help please?? some searching and I searched the forums So I thought maybe I could use your expertise for some help Heres the problem I am having I am trying to fix some issues with my Media server through my LG smart tv I use verizon fios and my LG tv is able to go and connect to the internet access youtube and netflix etc etc just fine I have had fios for months For the first months it worked fine Under the Input on the LG tv I would go to DLNA network and there it will show all the available choices the first one was always Verizon Fios STB set top box and then it would show up with My PCs name and then My Pc s name and insert name of media server so usually since i use tversity it would show up Verizon Fios STB James C-PC James C-PC tversity media server I could select the tversity one and access my library and stream through my TV just fine But weeks ago It stopped working and it would only show up with Verizon Fios STB Now I have been trying to fix this issue for weeks and days But yesterday after days I went on verizon Fios livechat support and asked them to reset the username and password of my fios router as I was unable to login into it When the representative took control of my screen and he took me to the router login i reset my password and logged into the router I didnt make any changes and if i clicked anything it was just basic reduction of security to try and quot open things up a bit quot and out of nowhere magically it started working again My TV was now showing DLNA network with all the media servers I have running on my PC Since this issue started I tried downloading and installing several since I was thinking the problem was with tversity an not my internet but when it started working again yesterday it showed on the DLNA network input of the TV ALL of them and tversity playon plex all were working as well as it still showed up the James C-Pc and the Verizon Fios STB Well now here I am hours later Its wednesday morning and I used it hours ago and watched a movie through it this morning It worked fine Then i had some errands to run and come back hours later now its not working again Only this time the DLNA network under Input is COMPLETELY Greyed out and its NOT even showing up with the Verizon Fios STB option anymore I have spent days now with this issue I have tried all the suggested things I can find through extensive search with google and any tech support I can try I have spent hours on the phone with Verizon Fios tech support I have spent time on the phone with LG and theyare sending a local technician to come look at my TV this friday I am wondering if you have any insight into this and anything you can recommend too me to try and get this working Of course Verizon says this is NOT there problem and they cant fix it and I need to contact LG And I only spoke to out techs at verizon who even knew what DLNA meant And LG is completely clueless Noone is taking responsibility and I dont know how to fix it I am not tech savvy enough to know much ways of configuring my router and In looking up ways to fix it I have read things about setting up port forwarding or something but I dont understand that at all either Please if you have any ideas I would greatly appreciate them as I am at my wits end with this but I am absolutely miserable not being able to use my media server Thanks very much in advance for any advice you may offer me I am using windows with an Lg lx d smart tv feel free to email me at lt removed email - etaf moderator gt or respond here if you can offer me any advice Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Panasonic Plasma that has DLNA abilities and I'm just realizing that I might be able to play video off my Laptop onto my TV.

I found this site...14 Free Windows Media Server Downloads
and downloaded this...https://kodi.tv/download/
But I have no idea what it is or how to use it.
I thought I was downloading something that worked in the background.

Can someone show me how to setup my Laptop to become a DLNA server?
Can I even DO that with Windows Vista?
I was already in the Control Panel and clicked "share" on my Public files but my TV cannot find the server

I assume I'll have to ask about how to set up my Panasonic UT50 TV to receive the signal in the AVS Forum...yes?

A:How Do I Setup My PC as a DLNA Server?

Apparently I have to spend 100+ on a Panny LAN adapter.
I think I'll stick to getting off the couch and use my HDMI cable connected to my DVR.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/303563-how-do-i-setup-my-pc-dlna-server.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I m going nuts trying to get won't Solved: (my LG DLNA to server PC) connect TV my new LG LW TV to connect to a DLNA server ie my PC Here s what I Solved: LG TV won't connect to DLNA server (my PC) have done so far Installed Serviio DLNA app and the DLNA server is enabled and apperently running Set up the drives folders I want to share but don t know what to do with display shown in attachment Renderer profile what s that all about Killed MS and Norton firewalls but rest of Norton still running I understand I could have left MS firewall running and Serviio should punch thru it but wanted eliminate another variable for now Verified that UPnP is enabled on router Actiointec GT -WT Selected TV Solved: LG TV won't connect to DLNA server (my PC) INPUT from remote and DLN is still not selectable option on list grayed out I am on the internet via included wifi adapter that came with TV I can get to hulu youtube etc and thus should be on my local wifi network Any suggestions Do I need to do more with my router to open ports Called Costco Concierge service but they are clueless - DLNA stuff is over their head apparently as she d never heard of it nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi Let me say straight up that I have very limited knowledge about IP Addresses DCHP things Subnets Bridges and DNS s So I need your help I ve bought a LG HR D Blu-ray player w HDD and it has DLNA compability but is well out of range for a wired connection to my wireless router So I thought since that all the things that I d like to watch are on my laptop Win -bit which is in the same Connecting Laptop Player to Blu-ray DLNA. for room within reach for an ethernet connection I have plugged in the ethernet cable but predictably they won t talk to each other And I have no Connecting Blu-ray Player to Laptop for DLNA. idea how to make them do so I messed around with matching the IP Addresses and Bridging the connection with my Wireless connection but to no avail I don t even know if this is actually possible so I might be wasting my time trying So if anyone can help I d be grateful Let me know if you need anymore information so I can get it for you Thanks nbsp

A:Connecting Blu-ray Player to Laptop for DLNA.

Here's a crude paint image in case my description was too jumbled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-blu-ray-player-to-laptop-for-dlna.1039613/
Relevancy 64.5%

How do I restart DLNA server without rebooting the computer I've set up my Sony Blu-Ray player to connect wirelessly to my LAN It does this perfectly All the settings are correct and I can connect to the internet to reach all of Sony's applications The problem is with using Windows Media Player's built-in DLNA Server capability On a fresh reboot the blu-ray connects perfectly and I am able to stream media from my computer to the blu-ray However at some point when I'm not using the blu-ray its ability to DLNA rebooting without restart How do I computer? the server connect to the PC drops The next time I go to stream my media the How do I restart DLNA server without rebooting the computer? blu-ray tells me the server is starting How do I restart DLNA server without rebooting the computer? but it never does If I reboot my computer it works perfectly again Every time I reboot though I stand a chance of losing my entire system I'm constantly having to do start-up repairs on reboots but that's another problem entirely There has to be a service or a file that is causing this disconnect that I could restart or reload or unload or something other than a reboot It could possibly be my Kaspersky doing something weird but I'd think it wouldn't suddenly decide on its own to disconnect the DLNA server connection The next time I have this problem I'll pause all protection to see if that helps In the meantime does anyone know what I could reset when I lose the connection

A:How do I restart DLNA server without rebooting the computer?

Now that I reworked the title, I was able to play with my Kaspersky. If I pause all protection, the blu-ray can connect to the DLNA server. Once I resume protection, the connection is gone again. It's odd that this protection against my own network isn't there after a reboot, but comes in later. Does anyone know what I'd be looking for in my security software that could be getting blocked? I've found no settings that ask for a MAC address or an IP. I must just be looking in the wrong places.

Yes, I can try the Kaspersky forum, but they've never been helpful before and I don't hold much hope for this either.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/302550-how-do-i-restart-dlna-server-without-rebooting-computer.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Is there a way (preferably with the registry) I can change the icon in My Computer of a media server for just my computer?

A:Change DLNA Media Server Icon

Originally Posted by cclloyd9785

Is there a way (preferably with the registry) I can change the icon in My Computer of a media server for just my computer?

Post a screen shot.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/20529-change-dlna-media-server-icon.html
Relevancy 64.5%

HELLO!
Is there a way to increase the streaming cache/time/size (whatever) for port 4000 that I use with my DLNA server or, for EVERYTHING on said machine? It is a storage box
only with DLNA, FTPD, and all drives shared for the house to access with TVs or PCs etc.. Although, only the DLNA is timing out on me after like 3hours or so.

I have searched the Mediamonkey forums etc.. to No-Avail. Gotta be a setting somewhere?
Thanks in advance..
Leda

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7d15cad2-36ca-4bd5-ac2f-ef4f3b05b29e/help-win-7-ult-x64-wdlna-server-it-disconnects-streaming-movies-to-tv-after-a-while?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 63.64%

im havin an issue with streaming media over my att u-verse router,ive tried everything,it keeps disconnecting when it gets a media server error.anyone have any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-hving-dlna-media-server-issues-for-ps3-on-network.1111006/
Relevancy 63.64%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A10-4600M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 16 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 5596 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7660G, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 683045 MB, Free - 410097 MB; D: Total - 31568 MB, Free - 3677 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 18A6
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Hi, I am using serviio 1.2.1 and trying to connect to my sony bdps 570 blu ray player.
My players IP is 192.168.1.101 and when I try to ping it it says request timed out.
The router is a linksys ea3500.
Everything is unchecked in the firewalls vpn passthroughs and internet filters.

Anyone able to give me a hand? This all started when i changed routers so I think it has something to do with the router, but im not sure. Switching to a smart router seems like it has hurt me more than helped lol.

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi there,

I use the DLNA program TVMobili to watch videos/images on my tv from my computer. I recently got a pretty gnarly malware infection that one of the amazing people on Bleeping computer helped me to fix. I'm not sure if it was before the malware, or due to the fixing, but my computer no longer comes up when I look on my TV. I tried reinstalling the program to see if that might help by resetting attributes, but no luck. I appreciate all and any help!

Thank you,
Etana

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452277/dlna-server-tvmobili-doesnt-work-after-malware/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all This is my first post Right I ll get straight to it I ve been looking for something to fulfil my requirements but I haven t found anything and now I m thinking it doesn t actually exist So my question is is there a piece of hardware out there that finding all-in-one + Help certified (DLNA solution media NAS + Router) server an matches my requirements as close as possible Requirements I m looking for NAS device that is also DLNA certified - something that is compatible with a PlayStation amongst other DLNA devices with the media server application built in - something that works straight out the Help finding an all-in-one solution (DLNA certified NAS + media server + Router) box no further software installation on the NAS needed that also has wireless router functionality that also had a cable modem this one is just thrown out there just in case but im sure you cant get a cable modem router There is something called quot Freecom DataTank Gateway WiFi TB quot NAS Router but its not a DLNA Help finding an all-in-one solution (DLNA certified NAS + media server + Router) media server If there is not such device then can anyone recommend a PS compatible NAS that has a built in media server Please only recommend if you have used such device and are very happy with it and have had no problems Many thanks for all your help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-finding-an-all-in-one-solution-dlna-certified-nas-media-server-router.805878/
Relevancy 62.78%

This is driving me nuts nbsp On my 12 device. Player Media on dlna streaming, files all not my show office's windows box I turned on video streaming from windows media player and my files mkv mpg etc show up and can play fine on my sony dlna Media Player 12 streaming, not all files show on my dlna device. certified dvd player So I then tried to install and do the same Media Player 12 streaming, not all files show on my dlna device. from my windows server that I have in my basement nbsp After hours of searching I discovered that it cannot be done from windows server a topic for other discussions it simply can't be done So no problem I removed windows server from my basement computer and installed windows ultimate nbsp I installed the exact same codecs that are on my office's windows box nbsp I turned on streaming from windows media player nbsp Now some files show up but all of my mkv's do not nbsp Even the ones that that I tested with from my office's windows computer nbsp No they are not on file shares I know wmp can't do that so I made sure the files were local nbsp So same operating system windows same codecs installed same media files media plays fine locally file permissions are good just the files do not show up on my dlna device from my basement computer nbsp What step am I missing

A:Media Player 12 streaming, not all files show on my dlna device.

as weird as this sounds, try renaming a mkv file to extension wmv. Depending on
codecs installed, this may work. alot depends on the file formats supported by
both devices and what the receiving device is able to transcode. Windows does
not natively support mkv files. See the file formats at
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/e7/archive/2009/05/12/media-streaming-with-windows-7.aspx

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 20:29:58 +0000, Fermat8 wrote:

>
>
>
>
>This is driving me nuts.  On my office's windows 7 box, I turned on video streaming from windows media player 12, and my files (mkv, mpg, etc.) show up and can play fine on my sony dlna certified dvd player.

>
>So... I then tried to install and do the same from my windows 2008 server that I have in my basement.  After hours of searching, I discovered that it cannot be done from windows 2008 server. (a topic for other discussions, it simply can't be done)

>
>So, no problem, I removed windows server 2008 from my basement computer, and installed windows 7 ultimate.  I installed the exact same codecs that are on my office's windows 7 box.  I turned on streaming from windows media player 12. 
Now, some files show up, but all of my mkv's do not.  Even the ones that that I tested with from my office's windows 7 computer.  No, they are not on file shares, I know wmp 12 can't do that, so I made sure the files were local. 

>
>So, same operating system (windows 7), same codecs installed, same media files, media plays fine locally, file permissions are good, just the files do not show up on my dlna device from my basement computer!  What step am I missing?

>

Barb Bowman
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d9d57507-d16e-4701-b988-1e36786d339c/media-player-12-streaming-not-all-files-show-on-my-dlna-device?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all,
This is not a very Professional question after all... But I use my PC for work and private things.
In the past few days I used a computer running Windows 7, and I shared my media with a PS4. Since I use a computer running Windows 8.1, sharing my media with PS4 does not work.
It seems this feature is linked with "home groups" (http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/Problems-connecting-a-PC-home-server-to-PS4-Media-Player/m-p/45222269#M161535
or
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/06/guide_how_to_view_photos_play_music_and_watch_videos_with_ps4_media_player), and this feature seems to not be available for a domain member Workstation.
Any idea about that?
Have a good WE.

FXE

A:DLNA on Windows 8.1 AD member

Hello,
Just to say you the problem was solved after Windows 10 upgrade, as it's explain in my french post, Robear Dyer...
It seems Windows 8.1 is an OS with several gaps....FXE

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1f8ff451-338b-4b8c-9b2e-066974464b37/dlna-on-windows-81-ad-member?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone First off I must say that this is my first forum registration and I seem to have fallen into the right place I will try my best to describe my computer network issues so please bare with me My PS at one point showed the Windows quot DLNA quot icon and I was able to stream my music picture movies and all that good stuff without a problem I even have an app on my Android phone called quot player quot that would allow me to stream my music from my laptop to my phone just the way the PS would allow me to but I have come to the terrible discovery that my PS nor my android phone are picking up my laptop I have been to many forums websites and other means of assistance and it seems that all of my settings are correct yet I can't seem to find a fix to this issue I am hoping that someone has good news for me as I have tried just about everything and nothing has worked Also I am aware that Windows has an available quot play to quot option well my laptop doesn't give me that option I don't know if this issue is implemented with my sharing options or not DLNA 7 Windows showing not on up PS3 but I am open to any suggestions Many thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 DLNA not showing up on PS3

First off, welcome to seven forums... and yes you are in the right place!!!

I had a similar issue with my media server 2 months ago, the culprit was a recent antivirus update. It added a sw fiewall that blocked all local access to my media server shares. Try disabling any and all firewalls, or temporarily remove your av to test this theory.

Please keep us informed regarding your progress!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/198380-windows-7-dlna-not-showing-up-ps3.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Direct connect DLNA TV with PC on Windows 7 without a router. HOW?
The TV is connected directly to a PC via LAN. But in Devices and Printers TV doesn't appear (it must viewed how Digital Media Renderer). Search of devices doesn't work, and doesn't give add it manually.
Windows Firewall off. Network discovery enabled.
No viruses. Antivirus doesn't block network connections.

Question. Can I somehow add the device through the registry or by using powershell, i know MAC-adress of TV.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cdc5cf5d-799b-4ac5-a33b-f2ba67748b53/direct-connect-dlna-tv-with-pc-on-windows-7-without-a-router?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 52.03%

My Win Pro x is DLNA - up remove I 8 in How them Windows to / adding avoid do devices connected my home Network On this network I have IPCams from DLINK Every DLNA devices adding up in Windows 8 - How do I to avoid / remove them time nbsp I reboot my Windows this goes for all my Win computers all IPCams is added to the list of MultiMedia Devices Same name same IP etc I can't tell the difference besides the nbsp all the other quot shadows quot are offline Today I have Devices showing up HomeServer Cableband Tuners etc show up fine just once pr device When checking the IP Cam's I can't change anything related to this They have a Static IP so why is Windows adding the devices all the time Now Media Player has start to hang when searching through all these devices I can only delete a Device by rightclick and selecting delete I'm not going to do that times Checking Registy leads me to DAFU PnP Provider - Here all the entries are but I can't delete them getting an Error not privilege nbsp - nbsp I'm running Regedit as Admin I've have now disabled Network Discovery which help for the Classic Windows Explorer but going to Devices in Modern UI still shows I was so frustrated that I created a script with AutoIt sending keystrokes that deletes all the nbsp duplicate devices - but after nbsp evey reboot I get new duplicates On a long term basis this is not the right solution nbsp nbsp Help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/86629a76-805d-4223-b877-91cc19db2859/dlna-devices-adding-up-in-windows-8-how-do-i-to-avoid-remove-them?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a amd athlon 2100+ with 256 mb ddr (should be getting some more)running windows 2003 server.

MY PROBLEM
When I try opening any online video, (online clip, or streaming media) I get this message "windows media player cannot play this file. Connect to the internet or insert the removable media on which the file is located, and then try to play the file again. BUT I'm online and can do I think everything online. I disbaled windows firewall and don't have any currently installed. I've tried going to options and enable everything and configure everything to automatic, BUT that wouldn't help either. I don't know if this might help, But I do keep on getting occasionally the "view offline" or "try again" window. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated ! THANKS FOR YOU TIME!

A:windows media player windows 2003 server, won't play online clips, stream.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-windows-2003-server-wont-play-online-clips-stream.244225/
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm running Windows 8 Pro - 64bit.  I have also installed Windows Media Center add-on.
Windows Media Player returns an error "Server Execution Failed" when attempting to load any non-music media file, such as .avi, .mp4, .wmv, etc.   These files open and play properly in the base Windows 8 "app" Video, and in Windows Media Center.

WMP opens OK from a desktop shortcut and updates it's music libraries.  It plays all types of audio-only media files properly. 

I have tried all the various "fixes" for various versions of Windows and WMP including removing WMP as a feature, rebooting and "re-installing" it as a feature... I've run regserv.dll, etc. all to no avail...
I just want WMP to be the default "media" player for all standard file types...

Anyone have any suggestions... ?
Thanks... MTGB

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3563e72b-60ab-4be7-986a-ad345f2cabbf/windows-media-player-in-windows-8-pro64-bit-server-execution-failed?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 51.6%

I am thinking about upgrading our server at work and I am trying to put together some rough numbers for hardware and software to see if the project will get any support One I Do Server really Windows software? need big ticket item is the operating system In my environment I can t see the benefit of something like Server rather than Do I really need Windows Server software? XP Our current network is composed of about XP based pc s and one NT server It was originally setup as a client server but evolved to a peer to peer with the server being just a place to store data on drives in a RAID configuration We have two primary applications that use shared data One is Microsoft Access which will work just fine on peer to peer The other is Peachtree Complete Accounting This is the one that depends on the structure of the network the most Previous versions where compatible with NT but the latest version of the software required Windows Server or for client server operation But since it will also function in a peer to peer environment we just changed the location of the data to one of the XP boxes All the pc s can access the internet through a SMC router that is connected to a satellite so currently we are in no way depending on the server for that What are the downsides for me if I just build a pc with raid drives and such but go with XP rather than Server Should I consider Vista Budget is a definite concern So I don t want to have to spend a lot on software if I don t have to And I don t have a lot of time to manage it either so simpler is better too Any thoughts on a recommended processor and or board I am thinking about a Dual AMD Opteron Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Has anyone found a fix for this. Found several "fixes" including one from Microsoft search but nothing works. Uninstalled and reinstalled media center/media player through control panel but no change.

When I request windows to open a video file with a right click and ask it to use windows media player I get the "server execution failed"

Lenovo All In One B320 windows 8 pro.

VLC works and may be my answer

A:Windows Media Player (server execution failed)

It may be that WMP can't hack the codec of the video file.

On the other hand, it's probably trying to launch the Server, to shut it off, try this - Should work for Windows 8:

Windows 7 Media Player - Server execution failed - Microsoft Community

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29778-windows-media-player-server-execution-failed.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Every time I try opening Windows Media Player I get an error message saying "Server Execution Failed".  I've tried stopping and restarting the program, I've tried the troubleshooter, I've tried doing a clean boot, and nothing works.  Does anyone know any solution to fix this issue?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487263/server-execution-failed-in-windows-media-player/
Relevancy 51.17%

Well, whenever I start media player, or any song, it says server execution failed.I tried solutions myself first, and then googled it, but no solutions.This is my last hope, so far this site hasn't helped me in any of the solutions.

A:Windows media player- server execution failed

Hi, where did you get your copy of Windows from?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-media-player-server-execution-failed-663136.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I got a new Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with Windows 8.1 a week ago, and I'm having a problem with Windows Media Player 12. When I click on "find album info" I get the following message: 500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

It was working fine the first few days but the past couple of days I've been getting this message whenever I try to find album info. I was able to load close to 200gb worth of music before the problems started. I've been looking for a fix but have found nothing that works. Any suggestions or tips are appreciated.

A:Windows Media Player 12 '500 - Internal server error'

Originally Posted by facelift25

I got a new Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with Windows 8.1 a week ago, and I'm having a problem with Windows Media Player 12. When I click on "find album info" I get the following message: 500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

It was working fine the first few days but the past couple of days I've been getting this message whenever I try to find album info. I was able to load close to 200gb worth of music before the problems started. I've been looking for a fix but have found nothing that works. Any suggestions or tips are appreciated.

Turns out it's a nationwide problem with WMP and you're definitely not the only person experiencing it. It's out of our control; hopefully Microsoft gets it under wraps soon. Check it out
Windows Media Player 12: 500 Internal Server Error - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/54354-windows-media-player-12-500-internal-server-error.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I just got an iBUYPOWER Desktop with Windows 8.1, complete with a blu ray player, but no software. Nowadays, an app is required, however they are pricey and sadly a free one didn't work. I need someone's help in finding a free/affordable blu-ray software for the computer. Please

A:New Windows 8 Desktop with BD Player, now need the software

There is a separate forum for Windows 8. Best to repost there since this is a Windows 8 issue.
Windows 8 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/332862-new-windows-8-desktop-bd-player-now-need-software.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I just got an iBUYPOWER Desktop with Windows 8.1, complete with a blu ray player, but no software. Nowadays, an app is required, however they are pricey and sadly a free one didn't work. I need someone's help in finding a free/affordable blu-ray software for the computer. Please

A:New Windows 8 Desktop with BD Player, now need software

I don't think the codec for Blu Ray is available on any free software.

I use Nero for a variety of functions, including playing Blu Rays.

One other possible issue... Even with software, Blu Ray will only work on certain monitor interfaces... it must support HDCP. On my system, I can play Blu Ray with my monitor connected via HDMI, but not through the VGA cable. I think I tried some software which will play it in a non-HDCP system, but only in degraded mode (i.e., not full screen). but, I forget what software that was.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/47072-new-windows-8-desktop-bd-player-now-need-software.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Until recently I was able to open asx files and play videos and stream with Windows Media Now when I try to do this it says that quot Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server The server name might not be correct quot This is happening on both my Dell Dimension desk PC Windows XP server cannot files, the play Media Player connect to Windows says asx cannot Pro SP and my HP laptop with runs Vista I usually use Firefox and have also tried it with Internet Explorer As recommended by the Windows support site I have gone to Now Playing - gt More Options and then the Network tab under WMP everything is checked except quot Use Ports quot and I am doing the Autodetect for HTTP and RTSP My husband has tried this on the computer at his workplace and it works Somehow something has changed on our home computers so that we can t get this to work Things I have also tried but haven t worked I have uninstalled Windows Media Player and reinstalled it I have tried an earlier version of WMP I think WMP By the way I m running WMP as well as MediaPlayerConnectivity which I read I should run on some other forum I have also tried to play these files with RealPlayer Windows Media Player cannot play asx files, says cannot connect to the server and WinAmp With Winamp is tries to load it and says quot New Track quot and then says quot End of Playback quot I haven t used RealPlayer or Winamp much so I don t know if they would have worked previously Any thoughts nbsp

A:Windows Media Player cannot play asx files, says cannot connect to the server

Can you see what IP or URL it's attempting to connect to?
Maybe your firewall is blocking it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-cannot-play-asx-files-says-cannot-connect-to-the-server.969182/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello! For the past 2 years, which is since I bought this computer, whenever I try to open a file into WMP, sometimes it won't load and pops up an error saying "Server Execution Failed". I did everything I could like go where you uninstall programs and disable WMP and then re-enabling it, put the setting to automatic in the services.msg, EVERYTHING! I've had enough of this error, please, for the love of god, someone help me. I had some help from Microsoft but they told me to do a "blood test" or whatever and send them the logs and never got a reply back so they never helped me to fix it.

Here is a screenshot when I open a video: Gyazo - bf4638acaef9115f6205efeb21d58dcd.png

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66145-windows-media-player-error-server-execution-failed.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello

Today I have download Microsoft server 2012 from Microsoft website.
There the link- Download Windows Server 2012

When I install on my Vmware Player it is showing me "Windows cannot find the Microsoft software License Terms.Make sure the installation sources are valid and restart the installation."

I have tried many times but I am getting same error.

Please anyone can help me to solve this problem.

A:Unable To Install Windows Server 2012 On Vmware Player

Hi, I replied to your duplicate thread. Delete one or the other.
Unable To Install Windows Server 2012 On Vmware Player

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/322656-unable-install-windows-server-2012-vmware-player.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Hope this is the right section to cam windows? Web for Server software Streaming Darwin ask it s difficult to find support for darwin Can anybody recommend a few programs for windows Darwin Streaming Server Web cam software for windows? that can be used to stream live video from any web cam to darwin Darwin Streaming Server Web cam software for windows? i know there is wirecast But that s expencive and i want to give the software to each user Is there any program where the user doesn t have an option to use the program s built in server to stream from their pc Just want the features where they setup to stream to a server As i said it s hard to find support for darwin i need someone who can help me with a small project i just need to know a few things more to set up live video accounts I want to give the accounts to users employees with username and password protection I sort of understand the playlist thing now creating sub directories also i can have different channels But i cant get qtaccess files to work in the sub directories will only work if i put usernames passwords on root Also i think it can t be too difficult to do live video accounts i don t know about this yet other than i could create sub folders and get the user with the cam software to give me their sdp file and place that in the sub folder But then to protect their streams damn it get stressed can anybody help with this I use darwin because i can create rtsp streams and that s good considering the user who would be viewing the movie playlists or live streams would be using quicktime player plugin so rtsp works best for that I m able to setup playlists username and password on the root movie directory but can t on sub directories I m sort of running into one problem after the next i don t have many solutions just know what i want to do What i really wanted to do with dawin is create live video streaming accounts give them out to my users with username and password protection if someone trys to view them they need to use login but obviously we would have to have that login info chang every time someone disconnects from their live feed Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/darwin-streaming-server-web-cam-software-for-windows.883084/
Relevancy 50.74%

Somebody please help me. A walkthrough would be great. This is my problem. I have a server at work, I am a computer engineer, however the problem is I have not had much experience with servers. My task is to install some software onto the server (Windows Server 2003) so that the software can then be accessed and run on each client computer (PC that is connected to the server)

Would anyone have any tips, or be able to walk me through doing this ?

Please help, and thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-software-on-windows-server-2003-so-that-everyone-can-use-it.534570/
Relevancy 50.31%

HI All,
I am looking for some Dolby Digital DVD Player software that works with Windows 8. Any suggestions?

A:Dolby Digital Dvd Player Software Windows 8

CyberLink PowerDVD: http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/features_en_GB.html

Corel WinDVD: http://www.corel.com/corel/product/...038&segid=4400002&storeKey=us&languageCode=en

DVD X Player Pro: http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/showsoftware_dvd_x_player_420.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dolby-digital-dvd-player-software-windows-8.1081030/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have 2 DVDs that I just bought and work perfectly on my old Windows 7 laptop. They don't work on my new Dell Inspiron 3520. I'm not using Windows Media Player, I know that can't play DVDs in Windows 8. I'm using PowerDVD, it came for free with my laptop. When I play my DVD it stops responding. I tried using VLC too, but it seems as if it's stuck at loading for 1 hour. I don't think it's a codec problem because both of these are supposed to come with the codecs. The software isn't corrupted since they can run other DVDs. I have updated my drivers. My DVDs work in Windows 7, so what is my problem?

A:UDF DVDs not playing in Windows 8 dvd player software

Well, looks like I'll just try Microsoft support instead since nobody's answering.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/26127-udf-dvds-not-playing-windows-8-dvd-player-software.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I just got a new computer with Windows Home Premium I hate it so far I hate Windows Live Mail I am also finding so much of my software doesn t work w Windows such as Microsoft Digital Image Photo Suite This is my nd Windows in days The other one locked totally up I Windows email, photo, VLC software player 7 think because of downloading incompatible software I want a POP mail server Windows Mail that was Windows 7 email, photo, VLC player software in my old Vista one is okay but Windows Live Mail is worthless What is a compatible email client w Windows besides this Windows Live Mail that is in it I am next to almost computer illiterate I surf do email use Word for documents download pics and don t like the photo software in Windows as it doesn t have enough ways to enhance a photo download torrents and watch videos I also couldn t get the VLC player to download in the first computer I am afraid to try to install or download much of anything because of the first computer locking up completely and having to take it back So mostly my question is what is compatible in the way of an POP email client photo software AVI player Gigi nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

can anyone here tell me from his experiences what is the best Anti Virus software to protect a Windows 2003 Server? The server doesn't run an Microsoft Exchange Server.....this Server runs only a Microsoft SQL 2005 Server.

Regards,

Wojtek

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-antivirus-software-to-protect-a-windows-2003-server.485604/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a 2 PCs that are randomly powering off. One more than the other. Both are giving the same symptoms but I have no clue how to figure out what is going on. I need help from a software to figure these out.

1) Event logs are clean no stop signs or exclamtion points prior to shutdown.
2) Just gives an indicator last shutdown was unexpected.
3) memtest runs through fine.
4) Shutdown is 100% random not any timed thing.
5) Happens when idle and at full use.
6) No blue screen at all.
7) No dump files.
8) Different power sources have been used/on top of the fact one is a laptop with a fine battery.

I am all out of troubleshooting ideas. Any thoughts on something that is a realtime system monitor that might catch WHY these systems are shutting down?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-system-monitoring-software-windows-server-2003-and-xp.722610/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hiya The Microsoft Windows Media Player Series Software Development Kit SDK provides information and tools to customize Windows Media Player and to use the Windows Media Player ActiveX control This documentation also provides information about using Windows Media metafiles Support for customizing Windows Media Player is provided by Windows Media Player skins Skins allow you both to customize the Player user interface and to enhance its functionality by using XML Windows Media Player plug-ins Windows Media Player includes support for plug-ins that create visualization effects that perform digital signal processing DSP tasks that add custom user interface elements to the full mode Player and that render custom data streams in digital media files created Kit: Development 9 Dec Player Media Software Series 19 Windows using the Advanced Systems Format ASF file format Embedding the Windows Media Player control is supported for a variety of technologies including HTML in Web browsers Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator version x browsers are supported Programs created with the Microsoft Visual C development system Programs based on Microsoft Foundation Classes MFC Programs created using the Microsoft NET Framework including programs written in the C programming language Microsoft Office System Requirements Supported Operating Systems Windows Windows XP http www microsoft com downloads - a- a- a -ff fad f amp DisplayLang en Regards eddie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-9-series-software-development-kit-dec-19.190612/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all,

I've looked around the forums and haven't found a decent answer to this...

Does anyone know a specific date for the release of the x64 version of the connector software for Windows Home Server?

I believe MS said in the first quarter of 2008, but I was hoping that someone had a more specific date than that... perhaps someone from MSDN or the WHS team can answer this question in greater depth???

Thanks

A:Windows Home Server connector software (x64) release date?

Hi

The x64 Connector will be bundled in with Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 which Microsoft have slated (somewhat vaguely) as shipping in the first half of 2008.

My hunch is that we won't see this in Q1. As soon as a date is released we'll announce it over at We Got Served (We Got Served - The Windows Home Server Site)

Cheers
Terry Walsh
MVP - Windows Home Server

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/131339-windows-home-server-connector-software-x64-release-date.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hi guys,

i am having a problem with my Win2k Server.few days before i installed Norten antivirus software on that and from the time users are experiencing Network Congestion.we have also installed Network printer and ECRM software on that server,but the users are some time unable to access ECRM ,some timesw they can't print.
Now we have removed Norten and installed Macafee anti virus,but still the problme persists.We had restart that pc after some time again and it works fine for some time.

so any one could suggest me that what exactly might be the problem.

p.s We do not have any kind of problem at user level or application.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-printer-ecrm-software-macafee.407302/
Relevancy 49.45%

We are purchasing a new server with Windows Server 2012 standard as the operating system. What anti-virus anti-malware security software choices do we have?

Thank you.

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a problem.

I run a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine that amongst other things, acts as a media store/server. I recently got a Windows Phone 7 handset that can only synchronise content via Zune (ridiculous, I know), but Zune refuses to install on Server 2008 R2, saying it can only be installed on XP and Windows 7.

I have installed most of the Win 7 components missing from Server 2008 R2 so I'm not worried about compatibility, I just want to know, how can I force install an application to an OS that it is not 'allowed' to be installed on.

If I can't get Zune onto the Server, I'm effectively barred from transfering music and video to my phone. Please help.

Krytie

A:How to force install Win7 software on Windows Server 2008 R2?

Having done some more research I have found this:

How to install Zune software on Windows 2008 R2. - RobMensching.com /Blog

Seems to work on my system, posted here incase anyone else is having this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/176588-how-force-install-win7-software-windows-server-2008-r2.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have been given a PC with Windows Home of 2011 client software Removal Windows Server Home Premium bit This was a client PC from a small old Windows Home Server system which has now been dismantled as the server PC failed My unit works fine but I cannot remove the irritating Server client items from it - Launchpad and Alert Services etc etc Have looked everywhere on the disk but cannot find any uninstall file anywhere All the relevant files seem to be in the Program Files Windows Server Bin folder but nothing found there No separate uninstalling prog will work either Have considered starting up the PC in Safe Mode physically removing the Windows Server folder and contents then running a registry cleaner to tidy up the loose ends Am concerned that this might make the PC unstable so ask if anyone has any useful suggestions For now I have worked through the Start Up process and inhibited the ones considered relevant Also CCleaner has stopped the Launchpad This has worked but would like to permanently remove Removal of Windows Home Server 2011 client software the unwanted items Ted

A:Removal of Windows Home Server 2011 client software

No one has supplied any suggestions as to my programme removal so decided to risk it and do it myself as described.
Backed up whole HD plus registry, restarted in basic Safe Mode then physically removed all traces of WHS 2011 in file system.
Emptied Recycle Bin then restarted as normal.
No disasters occurred so used CCleaner and Advanced Uninstaller PRO. They mopped up the loose ends and everything seems to be fine now. Job done!
I suppose the same process could be used for most difficult to remove items.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/363671-removal-windows-home-server-2011-client-software.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I was burning my CD's to my dell laptop inspirion 5150 and doing just fine - the speakers worked and I could hear the music. Then I did some software updates online for Windows Media Player and uploaded IE 8.0 - then there was no sound. I have checked all my sound cards and they appear fine; no yellow flags on the devices. I have done all the trouble shooting I know how to do. I tried to uninstall IE 8.0 and it seems to have worked because I now have IE 6.0. I don't know what else to do. I tried reloading my drivers from my initial install disks. That didn't work either. It has to be something simple but I don't know what. My volume is not muted, it appears to go up and down when the right keys are hit - but again no sound. Help please.

A:No Sound after online software updates IE 8.0 & Windows Media Player

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-after-online-software-updates-ie-8-0-windows-media-player.707454/
Relevancy 46.87%

I wonder if someone can give me some pointers please I have a W starter netbook and have recently purchased a Panasonic DLNA enabled TV I've "Jerky" Media 7 video Windows sharing - TV - DLNA put the TV into 'media Windows 7 Media sharing - DLNA TV - "Jerky" video server' mode and enabled Media Streaming in WMP Using the TV remote control I can now play music from the PCs library and look at pictures on the PC But when I play video esp HD video - Windows 7 Media sharing - DLNA TV - "Jerky" video AVCHD light p the playback is very jerky with broken up sound The videos do play OK on the PC itself in GOM media player The TV plays BBC iPlayer HD programs fine So the questions are How do I investigate whats causing the jerky video on the TV and is there anything to 'tweak' to get smoother playback When you enable Media sharing does the PC use Media Player WMP to do the service or is it W itself i e can I use GOM to 'serve' the video to the TV TV - TX-L DT Netbook - Atom N G ram The TV is connected to my router via power cable ethernet adapters The Netbook is connecting wirelessly on an 'n' link at Mbps 'Excellent' signal strength Ive asked Panasonic support a few days ago but have not had a reply yet PS - I wasn't sure if this was Windows 7 Media sharing - DLNA TV - "Jerky" video a Media question or a Network and Sharing question Sorry if its in the wrong area of the forum

A:Windows 7 Media sharing - DLNA TV - "Jerky" video

Sorry I cannot help you - but I was looking for this very question. Maybe if I add my comment we can generate some interest. I have a Sony MediaPlayer. On rare occasions it plays a video with minimal problems. At other times, I cannot get the thing to work more than 3 seconds. Mine is wifi connected. I do not believe the wifi is the problem. I can play the same videos using the AirPlayIt APP and AirPlayIt media player on my iPod and iPad. That thing can play the .wtv files from MediaCenter with almost no problem - as long as I am NOT using the PC for anything else.

My suspicion is that I do not have enough horsepower in the processor.
Is there any way around that? Can I stop things or free up things?
I have a Compaq / HP - AMD Athlon II X2 215 Processor 2.70 GHz and 3 Gig of Ram.
OS is Windows 7 64 bit. home premium - up to date with SP1.

Thoughts?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/251476-windows-7-media-sharing-dlna-tv-jerky-video.html
Relevancy 46.44%

There are some XP/Server) (Server for Software Browser Web cool free ware programs that you can setup to run as a server Note I ve tested them all under Firefox Browser as they will work with IE for the past - months now Web Server KF Sever this is found on the KeyFocus web site has one of the easiest to install and configure plus you can access all your documents media pictures audio from this server also Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) Mail Server DeskNow easy to installed and configure the best part you can try out the full pro for days then after that it converts to a free ware version Still not a bad Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) program for free Music Server Vibe Streamer is another good example if you want to stream all you audio files to any PC using the web browser Again this is free ware and works very well easy to setup and use Note All the programs here will work with XP Workstation Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) and does work on Server also KeyFocus one you can also play videos too using VLC media player optional that one is also free as well nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/web-browser-server-software-for-xp-server.103366/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I have quot Windows quot OS My PC default media player is quot Windows media player quot when i try to open media file this error appear quot The file wmploc dll has a version number of where was expected Windows Media Player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled Do you want to install the Player from the Microsoft Web site quot server Media "Windows error exclution came! player" failed Can't run then i followed these steps nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by bandara quot Update the Windows Media Player Can't run "Windows Media player" server exclution failed error came! Version Ensure that Windows Media Player is closed before proceeding Click Start click All Programs and click Accessories Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator Click Continue or provide Administrator credentials if prompted In the Command Prompt type the following and press Enter UNREGMP EXE UPDATEWMPVERSION If this does not help you can re register the wmp dll file Log on as an administrator Click Start type cmd in the Start Search text box right-click cmd exe click Run as administrator and then click Continue At the command prompt type regsvr wmp dll and then click OK Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Windows Media Player Uninstalling the Windows Media Player Go to Start and in the search type quot Turn Windows features On or Off quot Browse to the Media Features and uncheck the mark in front of Windows Media Player Reinstalling the Windows Media Player Go to Start and in the search type quot Turn Windows features On or Off quot Browse to the Media Features and place a check mark in front of Windows Media Player quot I followed its first step its not work then i followed second one after PC restart then If I run quot Windows Media Player quot then window flashes up briefly and disappearing instantly If I try to open media file by double clicking this error message appear quot Server Execution Error quot message Then i followed these steps nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by bandara quot Method Now you have to stop the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service and check for the issue to do that you need to follow the steps provided below Control Panel -- Administrative Tools -- Services Find the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service open it click on Stop to stop the service Close Windows Media Player if it is started input USERPROFILE Local Settings Application Data Microsoft Media Player to Windows Explorer to find the folder Move all files in the folder to another place as a backup Note Move files in the specific folder will reset database Restart Windows Media Player to see if we can add files to Library now Method Click on Start and in the search bar type cmd exe Right click on cmd exe and click on Run as Administrator In the command prompt type the following command net localgroup quot Administrators quot quot NT Authority Local Service quot add Press enter and restart the computer Method Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Windows Media Player Step Uninstalling the Windows Media Player Go to Start and in the search type quot Turn Windows features On or Off quot Click on quot Turn Windows features On or Off quot Browse to the Media Features and uncheck the mark in front of Windows Media Player Restart the computer Step Reinstalling the Windows Media Player Go to Start and in the search type quot Turn Windows features On or Off quot Click on quot Turn Windows features On or Off quot Browse to the Media Features and place a check mark in front of Windows Media Player Restart the Computer quot But my problem still happen So how do i solve this matter Note-I followed that solutions in Microsoft site

A:Can't run "Windows Media player" server exclution failed error came!

Well, you have tried most of the things recommended. Have you run the System File Checker? This should restore original system files

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Also, a repair install should correct this

Repair Install

You have changed so much that you now have a different error, therefore I'd suggest one of the above. For future reference, while you had the original error, THIS may have worked as well.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/115027-cant-run-windows-media-player-server-exclution-failed-error-came.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My friend is trying to connect to an internet source for a radio station that webcasts basketball games. The station's commercial plays OK, but then the following message occurs:
"Error C00D0035 Using Windows Media Player"
"Cause: This issue can occur if you are trying to
view content from a Web site through your proxy
server because your proxy server is not named
correctly in Windows Media Player."

Nothing has changed, as far as we know, in the computer setup. What/where is the "proxy server" setting that WMP is expecting to see?

This is a win 9x machine, using IE5 to browse the internet.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
--dennis in Morgantown WV.

A:Windows Media Player "Proxy Server" error

Have you seen this MS whassup?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;Q235063

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-proxy-server-error.103101/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I Failed" Media "Server Windows Execution Player have a problem with my windows media player It won t open I tried many ways to open it I clicked it on my desktop double click and I have tried to play a music file from my documents and it ended up showing quot Server Execution Failed quot window But when i click or double click on my desktop or tool bar it quickly opens and closes and nothing else happens I have had my laptop for - months and this problem occurred about - weeks ago and now I have the time to do this Also my laptop is an HP Windows Media Player "Server Execution Failed" Home Premium Modelavilion g notebook PC I also have a HP PC Windows Model p - home premium and it has no problem opening the windows media player I just got that PC about months ago I don t know what else to do in order to fix this problem so please help as soon as possible THANKS nbsp

A:Windows Media Player "Server Execution Failed"

Try manually reinstalling WMP. It is available from the microsoft website.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-server-execution-failed.1041265/
Relevancy 46.01%

I've had Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 for about a year and my subscription finished yesterday. So I decided to try the trail version of KIS 2013, but it would not install. I kept getting error messages and KIS 2012 would not uninstall either.

This message popped up "A network error occurred while attempting to read from file c:\windows\installer\kavkis.msi."

So I used the Kaspersky Removal Tool and it worked, but now my Windows Media Player does not work. It says "Server execution failed" every time I try to open in it.

A:Windows Media Player - "Server execution failed"

Hi please see the solutions suggested here Windows 7 Media Player - Server execution failed - Microsoft Answers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-media-player-server-execution-failed-665281.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I DLNA Vizio tried searching for a resolution for the past couple days but nothing seems to work A couple weeks ago everything was fine I could stream wirelessly my media from my PC Windows to my Vizio E i-A then all of a sudden my PC stopped showing up in the device list in the media menu As far as I could tell nothing had changed Vizio DLNA so I was not sure why it stopped working I could still stream from my android phone but I could not see my PC from the TV I have checked my PC settings streaming is on but the TV is not listed in the devices network discovery and file sharing are both on and under WMP both allow remote control and automatically allow devices to play my media are both checked under the stream menu After days of trying to figure this out I have tried resetting TV to factory defaults and setting it back up I have formatted my computer so it s a fresh installation I have also tried turning off all firewalls and antivirus and I have also reset router Verizon FIOS router MI WR to factory defaults I still cannot see my PC Vizio DLNA under the dlna media list but I can see my android phone One other thing to note is that I can ping the TV from both the router and the PC Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is driving me crazy Joe nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I am not sure if this should go help please DLNA needed under audio and video software or Windows but I am having trouble sharing certain media files between my DLNA certified DMP DMS HP Pavilion g series laptop and my DLNA certified DMP Sony Blu-ray player I used the documentation from Sony's website to figure out how to set up DLNA help needed please the server using Windows set up media streaming and allow the Blu Ray player to access the server those all appeared to have worked but I couldn't figure out how to actually share the media on my laptop because the only thing showing up was the samples that Windows includes with with Windows Media Player and a few pictures Since the documentation said that the instructions would set Windows Media Player as the DLNA server I figured the problem was that my media wasn't in the Windows Media Player library some was on external USB drives and some was in C Users video so I added the media to the library so that it could be detected but it's still the same issue Under video I am able to see that server as one of the options for video input and when I click on it I am able to see folders labeled playlists amp video there were others too but those were the only ones I was concerned with at the time when I click on the playlists folder it says no playable file amp and when I click on the video folder the only file available is a clip called Wildlife in HD even after transferring three of the video files from a flash drive to the WMP library and putting them in the video folder and creating a playlist When I open WMP on my laptop amp go the playlist tab the playlist is there and when I go to the video tab there are four videos the sample mentioned above and the added I have clicked on the playlist and the videos themselves they open and play fine so it doesn't appear to be a file issue and all four video files have file assocaitions that open with WMP by default MP amp WMV I checked the properties of all four video files they are all the same media type videos all are unrated and none of the files are protected the only difference I can see is that they are in different folders the one that shows is in C Users Public and the ones that don't are in C users myname tv the users public one is in the my videos folder but the tv one is not and the bit rates are different the one that shows up is Mbps and the ones that do not are between Kbps and Mbps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509764/dlna-help-needed-please/
Relevancy 44.72%

Can anyone help I have a new sony bravia TV with DLNA compatability I have it connected DLNA Bravia with TV to my broadband router via a LAN cable On the network on the TV the DLNA with Bravia TV network connection has been confirmed and an IP address automatically assigned All good so far On my laptop running Vista home basic I can't see the TV on the network I can ping it and I can see it if I goto into the router firmware but nothing on the laptop I've set all the permissions and sharing and even set the IP address of the TV as authorised in the firewall software but still nothing The TV needs something as a DLNA server and the TV is saying no servers detected Within Windows media player I have set all media sharing up and it can now see an unknown device which I have set to 'Allow' the TV now sees my laptop but still says no server found Must be an authorisation issue somewhere Very frustrating as the TV is great but would be really good to stream media from the laptop

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/240134-dlna-bravia-tv.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i am looking at getting a sony bluray player with DLNA, and upgrading my router to one which supports this, but before i do i would like to make sure i understand how i would go about streaming from my pc to the tv.
from what i understand i make the connection as usual to the router from the pc, and from the bluray player, and through some software on the pc i can stream HD straight to the tv? it seems almost TOO simple, so im doubting my very limited knowledge of DLNA.
can anyone enlighten me?
thanks

A:DLNA confusion

I'm only familiar with NAS devices being DLNA compliant so that any other end point device like a HDTV can see the media on the NAS and be able to play it back....without any need for a computer.
You don't need a DNLA router unless it also has USB ports for a hard drive that you want to get media from.

I'm not sure but in this case I think the BluRay player with DLNA must be acting like a media playback device that could play back from a NAS drive as well as its own BluRay media as well as maybe some Internet stuff. If the BluRay player was network share aware, then it could also be used to play back media from any shared forlder on the network including DNLA compliant NAS drives--shared network folders are a more encompassing way of playing back media, whereas DNLA is sort of a method for allowing relatively "dumb" devices to also stream the media.

The route I took was to get a Seagate FreeAgent HD Media player. It can stream from any share on the network, has a local port for USB hookup and for a FreeAgent Go drive, and also can stream media from the Internet like YouTube, NetFlix, Flickr, etc. I have DNLA NAS drives but I just don't use the feature because I don't need it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlna-confusion.990215/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all I am a complete novice when it comes to networks but I am trying struggling to get my head around how to distribute my media around my home network I have attached a picture to try and illustrate how everything is connected along with IP addresses etc I have a DLNA server Mediatomb - although I have tried Plex and Serviio running on Ubuntu and is in DMZ It is a web server and personal mail server for the family and is in DMZ because I couldn t be bothered with problems up DLNA Set port forwarding My XBMC client which is a Raspberry Pi discovers the server through UPnP and DLNA Set up problems streams all DLNA Set up problems my media effortlessly to my TV Anything connected wired or wirelessly to either wireless router doesn t auto discover the server and cannot stream anything I can however SSH to the server using it s IP address from any point in the network so I m sure it can t be a routing issue Why doesn t my phone Android using any client ServiiGo Plex or MediaHouse or my Windows laptop connected wirelessly using XBMC windows client discover my server If my phone is connected using WiFi to Router A and my Windows laptop is connected using WiFi to Router B and I perform a scan using MediaHouse on my phone then it shows my laptop as a DLAN server Windows Media Player I think so there isn t an issue between the two wireless routers connected by Powerline The only devices which discover the server are ones connected directly to my cable modem The equipment within the blue box are co-located Any advise would be very much appreciated because I m close to giving up Thanks in advance Marc nbsp

A:DLNA Set up problems

Hello, just an observation, but since you did not provide the individual subnets, just by looking at your graphic one would say that your DLNA clients are on a different network, because your two routers are 'routing' instead of acting as access points. Maybe you can provide more insights on your configuration.
Regards
The Cleaver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlna-set-up-problems.1131124/
Relevancy 44.72%

have a windows 7 pc & have media file sharing enabled in wmp & it "sees" my onkyo ht-rc180 but the onkyo doesn't see the files or pc??? onkyo is connected to the net via ethernet cable to a buffalo router & internet radio works fine, just can't seem to access dlna or wmp etc. even added serviio & it found my onkyo & media files but when i click the "net" button on the avr, only internet radio shows up. wassup here? Thx!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-dlna.1001421/
Relevancy 44.72%

I've used TwonkyMedia server on Vista and Linux to my PS3 for a long time. Now I have a new Win7 machine and would like to share media.

Looks like it's built in to Win7 so I followed these instructions:
Play To - Windows 7 features - Microsoft Windows

and allowed all computers on the local network to see my media.

But the PS3 is not seeing my system.

A few days ago I did see something on my PS3 that indicated that something was being shared, but when I tried to connect it said that I was not authorized.

Now when I do a "search for media servers" on my PS3, I do not see the system.

Should work right?
Anything else to check?

Thanks,
Windy

A:DLNA from Win7 to PS3??

How odd... Here's a video about how to set up exactly what I have. And I've set it all up the way he suggests, and my PS3 does nothing. Odd...
YouTube - How to setup Windows 7 Media Server - Windows Media Player 12 - PS3

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Windy

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/133114-dlna-win7-ps3.html
Relevancy 44.72%

The samsung sharing app I used in XP is causes errors on my new Win 7 computer so I decided to use Win7 DLNA, but almost all the content on my computer is showing up on the TV. I would like to have just my folder in my libraries called samsung point to all the folder I want to share.

1) Is it possible to just share the TV the library folder Samsung? Or does this only work for sharing with other win7 computers?

2)How do I eliminate all the media on my computer from sharing and only pick a few items/folders?

A:DLNA and Samsung TV

I figured out where all the media is coming from on my system. Its from my iTunes library. Can I set the iTunes folder to share with nobody and still get sharing from a specific library even if it contains one of the subdirectories in the iTunes folder?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139878-dlna-samsung-tv.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

About to upgrade XP to Win7. I have DLNA setup and running with Twonky. Will I still need Twonky with Win7 or does it have this facility built in ?

I've also got a second computer on the LAN. I was going to keep XP on that. Is there likely to be a few problems getting that working again. The IPSs not assigned automatically.

Any advice/info much appreciated. Thanks.

A:DLNA - and new install with LAN

Hello,

If you would need to remotely share your media files you would need Twonky or similar to this product especially if you have different devices and streaming media players, such as Xbox, Apple TV, Roku, smart TVs, and dozens of DLNA-compliant devices.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/291014-dlna-new-install-lan.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I finally have DLNA working (router needed a firmware upgrade) and I can stream some media but can't get Serviio to handle .bmp stills or .avi video. 99% of my stills are jpg's, but a few .bmp's are scattered throughout >6K files. Same problem with Nero Mediahome4 Essentials. But essentials is not supposed to support everything, so no surprise there. The Serviio spec says .bmp and .avi are supported. .jpgs and mpeg's work fine with both apps. I just installed a free trial copy of the full version of Nero but can't get to TV at the moment to try it.

TV is a new LG47LW5700 and using Serviio 0.6.2 I've tried both the generic profile and the LG profile and see no difference.

Any ideas? I do not want to convert ton's of .avi's to .mpg and since all my cameras produce .avi, seems that should be supported.

Thanks

A:Serviio DLNA problems

I just confirmed that the Nero full version free trial also does not support .bmp or .avi. nor transcoding. Could my LG TV be the problem? Do I need some transcoding? If so, how to I turn that on? Read something about profiles for Serviio but have no clue how that works. There's already an LG profile in there and that's the one I'm using.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serviio-dlna-problems.1040014/
Relevancy 44.29%

I've been searching for a while now Google Sony and here and just can't seem to find the answer I recently purchased a new TV Sony KDL- XBR and have it networked I do get streaming Netflix YouTube etc I can also see my PC specs linked below but only a few folders show up for pictures and none for video The TV specs state DLNA Problem Sharing that it will handle jpeg up to DLNA Sharing Problem x so that is not a problem On the PC I have all media sharing settings allowed my folders shared and network discovery turned on but I do not see the TV listed anywhere in my computer or my devices It does show the Sony BDP-S Blu Ray as a media device but the device does not share pix or videos My Xbox is connected flawlessly as a Media Center Extender but due to its reliability issues I don't like to run it more than needed for gaming DLNA Sharing Problem I didn't find anything stating that the TV could serve as an extender for MC The weird thing is that it shows my PC and a few pic folders in the TV menu but does not show the TV on the PC or network Do I need to find a DLNA driver google just turns up warez downloads or do I need a program like TVersity

A:DLNA Sharing Problem

Still researching when I can... still no good answer

I am hoping that tonight I can test it with my son's Vista PC and my daughter's XP laptop to see if its a 7 problem or not. I know for sure that I've allowed everything in sharing and turned password protected sharing off. The TV just won't play ball.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/73554-dlna-sharing-problem.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My understanding is that Windows uses a DLNA server to host media to other devices on the network Has anyone found a way to alter the pre-defined categories that Windows organizes the shared media into I'm not sure if this would be a library setting DLNA? Categories Adding to or a server setting I have a Sony SMP-N and it streams recorded TV well from my media center box running W x The issue I have with the sony device is finding Adding Categories to DLNA? what I want to watch The Sony device is pretty limited in filtering and sorting It would be wonderful if there was an option to view by date recorded rather than the few that Microsoft has setup All TV Series Genre and Folder When you go to one of the categories the Sony device only shows the episode name So in 'All TV' category it's kinda pointless I included a screen shot of how media player shows the DLNA categories for Recorded TV Thanks for any help

A:Adding Categories to DLNA?

Sorry to do this, but any suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/136035-adding-categories-dlna.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I've been trying to get DLNA to work with my LG BD Blu Ray player and this computer It works with my laptops but I can't seem to get it working here Trying to figure out why DLNA wasn't working I stumbled across this When I look at my network map it shows this computer connected to quot Unknown quot before the and Problems Map DLNA Network router Network Map and DLNA Problems That is like that even when the Blu Ray is turned off There is a shared network printer which wasn't on either Secondly when I try to connect to the DLNA through the blu ray it asks for a CIFS uswer name and password which I thought was my live email address My laptop worked using that but my desktop will not I tried to follow the instuctions here DLNA Setup on a LG Blu-ray Player - LG Consumer Knowledge Base but couldn't seem to get it right My media streaming options are the same on both computers

A:Network Map and DLNA Problems

This screenshot is taken from the BigMomma-PC laptop, it also has windows 7.

I don't get why it doesn't show in the network map like it should.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/124871-network-map-dlna-problems.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am trying to get my DLNA-enabled TV to wirelessly play video files stored on my Win 7 computer.

Two problems:

1) The file list displayed on the TV freezes so you can't scroll through it.

You have to wait three minutes or so, then scroll to the next item, wait three minutes, scroll to the next item, wait three minutes, scroll.

2) Playback mostly stutters and freezes, and barely plays at all.

The thing is, a few weeks ago everything was working just fine.

The computer itself is not running slow at all.

A:DLNA frozen / stuttering

It looks like DLNA is an orphan topic here. Any idea on where else to go?
I have an identical problem - jerky playback on videos from my Windows 7 to my Sony MediaPlayer.
I've searched the web and here - and gotten zip.
Anyone?

My suspicion is that I do not have enough horsepower in the processor.
Is there any way around that? Can I stop things or free up things?
I have a Compaq / HP - AMD Athlon II X2 215 Processor 2.70 GHz and 3 Gig of Ram.
OS is Windows 7 64 bit. home premium - up to date with SP1.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/226055-dlna-frozen-stuttering.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I read an interesting thread over on Microsoft Answers recently a DLNA Using Certified TV Play To with in which the poster had purchased a quot connected TV with a DLNA Digital Living Network Alliance logo on it He reported that he had no troubles navigating from his TV to the shared media libraries on his Windows PC and playing the content but when he tried to use Play To in Windows Media Player to send video content from his PC to Using Play To with a DLNA Certified TV his TV he received an error message on his computer Put another way he could easily pull content to his TV but was unable to use Play To to push it there Barb Bowman one of our Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVPs who has been writing about DLNA devices for years quickly pointed out the issue the TV was DLNA certified as a Digital Media Player DMP and not as a Digital Media Renderer DMR which is part of the Play To requirement While the original poster thought this was an issue of semantics the reality is the difference between a DMP and DMR is pretty important especially if you re shopping for a new TV and you will want to send media from your PC to it I dug a bit further into what these differences are and why they re important to you if like me you keep the bulk of your media on a Windows PC Some quick background DLNA was formed back in with the intention of providing guidelines that would make the emerging world of digital devices interoperate with each other seamlessly on a network For a home network devices fall into a few broad categories Digital Media Server DMS which stores content and makes it available on the networkDigital Media Players DMP which can play content pulled from a Digital Media ServerDigital Media Controllers DMC which can find content on a Digital Media Server and send it to a Digital Media Renderer device on the networkDigital Media Renderers DMR which can play content pushed to it from a Digital Media Controller Windows it turns out implements all of these roles which is why it makes a great hub for your home entertainment In the case from Microsoft Answers cited above the gentleman s TV was DLNA Certified as a DMP and thus it could find and pull content from the Windows PC However when he tried to push content using Play To to the TV he received an error on the host computer So what s the difference between a DMP and a DMR On its website DLNA uses different scenarios to illustrate the difference Consider what they offer for a DMP Your movie collection is stored on your network attached storage NAS a certified digital media server DMS Instead of watching the movie on the little PC monitor in your office you want to enjoy it on the large flat-panel TV in your living room Because your DLNA Certified TV is certified as a digital media player DMP you can use the DMP capabilities of your TV to find the movies on your NAS and then play them on the TV versus their scenario for a DMR You have photos stored on your digital camera a certified digital media controller DMC You want to look at them on your TV With a DLNA Certified camera you can send the photos to your DLNA Certified TV which if certified as a digital media renderer DMR can use those capabilities to display the photos The basic distinction here is that if you are looking for a connected TV that you can push content to from a Windows PC using Play To you need to ensure that it is DLNA certified as a DMR Your best bet is to choose a TV that carries the Windows logo on it Microsoft maintains a list of Windows logo d devices that work with Play To right here If you see the DLNA logo on a device be sure to check out the specs and make sure it s the correct device type for your usage You can also search for Play To receivers on the DLNA products page There are a lot of interesting possibilities when you get a number of DLNA devices on your network We have several Windows PCs in our home and I can use Play To to push media to any one of them Or I can find media on one and push... Read more

http://www.vistax64.com/software/288857-using-play-dlna-certified-tv.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,
A little while ago the libraries on my Windows 8 computer wouldn't open. I was told I needed to delete then restore default libraries.. which worked fine. After I did this though my DLNA on the TV stopped showing any of my files.
I can find my server and it connects fine but when I go into any folder for music/video/pictures it says there are no files. They have all worked fine previous to me having to restore my libraries on my computer.
I've tried searching online and can't find any issues on this. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Relevancy 43.86%

I mean does airplay and DLNA technology make a copy of a music, video, photos, to a temporary storage area on a computer somewhere when you stream any music, video, photos from your smartphone to a computer.
Regard,
Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301345-how-does-airplay-dlna-technology-works.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I currently have a following configuration.

WiFi router-->Laptop-->LG tv through ICS
WiFi router-->desktop

My problem is that I can't get the tv to find my desktop where all the media is over dlna. It finds the laptop instantly.

So is there a way of sharing internet from laptop to the tv and still having only one subnet?

Relevancy 43.86%

I had a few DLNA servers (originating from the user accounts on my other desktop) showing up on my laptop under network location. At the time, I right clicked some of these and selected to remove the device. Which made them disappear from the network locations. My intention at the time but I now want to restore these.

The difference to the tutorial linked is I didn't completely suppress the feature via the process above. As I had left some DLNA servers alone and they still show (such as from our windows 7 laptop). How do I go about adding the missing ones back in?

DLNA Media Servers - Add or Remove in Windows 8 This PC

Thanks,
Wayne

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47323-dlna-servers-under-network-locations.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Sir
I have a problem.....i can use dlna(allshare) on my tv when i connect it to lan.....i can stream videos from my laptop when both tv and lap are connected to router via lan...but when i use wifi on laptop and tv being connected to lan itself, i cant detect the tv and vice versa....also i cant se the tv on the allshare app or any dlna appon my fone (note 2)too.....dlna works when both devices are connected to lan or when both are connected to wifi...but cant detect the devices in dlna apps when one is connected via lan and other by wifi....it seems like it is connected to 2 different networks..it makes no sense....my lan ip on tv is 192.168.1.2 and wifi ip on laptop is 192.168.1.3....i can ping both from my laptop....my router is ZTE ZXDSL 531B....plz help immediately......
Yours truly
Navein

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi dears,
I'm frustrated, I wanted to replace the Media player and the home theater with a single device, but I have problems ...
I purchased the 'Blue ray player and home theater Panasonic SC-BTT262 with ethernet connection and DLNA compatibility to play my videos on a hard drive connected to the router DLNA, but I can see the file but it says "can not play the file" ... on all videos in different formats.
The DLink Boxee media player I had before reproducing them without any problems.
Can you help me?
Do you know other Home theatre with more compaibility?
Thank you.

Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I created the following performance counter using logman exe nbsp logman exe counters incorrectly Server Windows correctly creates performance on 2003 but Server Windows Logman 2008/2012 on create counter US Triton Perf Log -b -e -r -s server -si frequence -cf folder server txt -f logtype nbsp -o C local logs Perfout Server --a -v mmddhhmm nbsp -rf nbsp max Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 duration When I do this across multiple servers specifically for Windows Servers the counter is created to repeat and run everyday at PM and stops running everyday at PM This works perfectly fine as intended However When I do this for a Windows server my created counter is very different For example in this case I have set to the counters to start at AM and end at PM because I have set a maximum duration of hours the job terminates and begins on the next day since Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 I have the repeat option on However this does not apply to our server logman creates the job to run once a week in this case it would be on a Wednesday In addiiton I noticed that the job doesn't not even start at it's indented time It actually does not start at all I also notice that the jobs on all windows servers are created in a pending status which then prevents me from removing Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 the counter remotely nbsp I would like to know if windows is capable of working like my win servers using logman and if historically the job has to be kicked off through scheduled task nbsp Both Jobs are using the same criteria but are created differently The top photo was created on a windows server and the bottom photo was created on windows server Am I missing something here FYI I have a script to automate across servers so when I deployed this it turned out about servers were actually running as intended and a whole bunch of them were in pending status and all stopped nbsp I appreciate any response on this issue

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c8377c80-cabf-41ca-bd0b-8132c4e19269/logman-creates-performance-counters-on-windows-server-20082012-correctly-but-incorrectly-on-windows?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 43%

I was told that Windows Media Player 11 could act as a media server on my wireless network. I have allowed all the access I know how to allow on my network and the media player, (I live out in the country so local security is not a problem) but my PS3 will not recognize it as a multimedia server. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated or a point to the right direction to a 'how to' thread somewhere. I dont know if the problem is with the media player configuration, the router or the ps3. Thanks in advance for your help guys!!
Oh, I am running XP pro, linksys wrt150n router and of course a PS3 with current software updates. Thanks again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-player-11-as-a-server.883063/
Relevancy 43%

Currently I have a Panasonic Blu-Ray but the file size limitations and type exclusions make it very difficult to steam vids.

I am looking for a 2/4tb NAS/USB Storage solution along with a way to show the movies on my tv.

What are the best and most versatile choices out there?

Thanks

A:Can't get my DLNA to work from My wired PC - it Stays Grey

is your tv near your computer? - would a cable stretch between the two?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/209008-cant-get-my-dlna-work-my-wired-pc-stays-grey.html
Relevancy 43%

Apologies if this has been asked before I did a search and didn't see it I have my Win networking configured to quot stream my pictures music and videos to all devices on my home network quot With this setup I'm able to stream media from my computer to my Sony BluRay disc player which works as a DLNA client on my home network My understanding is that Windows Media Player acts as the DLNA server transcoding video file formats as necessary network FLV / home to Streaming DLNA files to stream them to the networked device Additionally I have installed FLVSplitter ax from SourceForge into my SysWOW folder and registered it to my Win registry enabling playback Streaming FLV files to home network / DLNA of flv files in Windows Media Player I can confirm that WMP plays flv files on my local machine fine now However it doesn't seem to be transcoding those files so they can be streamed to my networked BD player In fact my Streaming FLV files to home network / DLNA BD player doesn't even see the flv files at all even though they're in my network share location along with all the other video filetypes it does see I don't need to stream flv files to my network all that often yet so I'd rather not have to install a whole new DLNA server application to do it if that can be avoided Is there any way to stream flv files to my network using Win and or WMP's native sharing capabilities As an aside I'd be interested in knowing why MS has decided not to support FLV files in Windows Media Player without jumping through all the hoops It seems like quite an inconvenience considering how popular this filetype has become

A:Streaming FLV files to home network / DLNA

I'd love to stream flv files to my LGTV like I do to another TV through a WDTV box on my (wired) network.
I find windows media player too clunky to use even for the files it does support so short of buying another WD box is there any way to make my video files visible to the TV over my network? The LG will play them off a USB stick but can't see them over the network.
I think I made a mistake buying LG but the horrible WM Player isn't helping any. WD has its problems too as it can't handle the more compressed FLV formats.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/283725-streaming-flv-files-home-network-dlna.html
Relevancy 43%

Just installed two different LG TVs (7600 and 8600) in two different locations with two different model routers with similar results. In both cases if I connect my PC via a hardwire ethernet connection to my router - and the TV wireless to the network, everything works fine - I can see the TV on the computer and can see the PC on the TV. I can locate and play videos stored on the PC on the TVs. However, if I change the PC network connection to wireless, I still can see the TV on the PC but the TV cannot locate the PC. The TV is still hooked up to the LAN and can access the internet, but cannot see the PC.

Relevancy 42.57%

Hello Everyone-

I recently purchased a Sony Bravia KDL-60EX720, and I am having issues connecting it to my DLNA network running on my Mac. I have my router set up to allow uPNP and the TV is set up to allow rendering and automatically look for my network.
No matter how many different ways I try...I still can't seem to figure out why the one device cannot see the other!

I am running Serviio 0.6.2. I checked the firmware on the router, and everything seems up to date. Any advice on what to try next? I'm thinking there may be some issue with conflicting ip addresses, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

A:Solved: DLNA Network- Serviio can't recognize any of my devices!

is this solved - you have it marked as solved

what is the IP address on the TV ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dlna-network-serviio-cant-recognize-any-of-my-devices.1048657/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Samsung TV and a PC using Windows 7 Ultimate. Both are connected through a home router.

When I enable the built in Windows 7 firewall, I am no longer able to stream content over DLNA from the PC to the TV. If I disable the firewall, everything works. I am using the built in Microsoft firewall.

I would like to enable the firewall and have DLNA streaming but don't know how to configure it. Could someone please assist?

Thank you

A:Firewall blocks streaming of video content to TV using DLNA

Reading your other threads and this one I think we need one of these. This will show us what system you are using.
Your system specs indicate Windows 7 Home Ultimate.

Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/297806-firewall-blocks-streaming-video-content-tv-using-dlna.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello guys,

I have quite an odd problem. I noticed that every time I launch a DLNA-related application like LG Smartshare and Lenovo's SHAREIt, my touchpad and mouse mysteriously become unusable (disconnecting/reconnecting does nothing).

I manage to navigate through these applications and perform my intended tasks successfully via keyboard but to enable the touchpad and mouse again, I have to logoff/on and things go back to normal (which rules out the touchpad and mouse being defective).

It only happens when I launch these apps and the rest works as it should be. Any idea what may be causing this and possible resolution?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/385460-touchpad-mouse-unresponsive-after-launching-dlna-related-app.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Can anyone tell me a good easy program for a secure ftp server? and how to set up a ftp server properly?

biggest question is do you need to buy a domain if you are going to use a ftp server only?

thank in advance

Relevancy 42.57%

If I was going to build me a home server, what MS server software would I want to use?

A:Server Software

Since MS has killed off Windows Home Server, you should read through the linked article to see what to buy now: Windows Server 2012 Essentials: The Home Server Replacement | Windows Server content from Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/296273-server-software.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I need something that can host a VPN server on Windows 7. Not LogMeIn Hamachi or the one hidden in Windows' network connections, neither of those work. I'm looking for a free program.

A:VPN server software?

Hello,

You are better of hosting VPN Connections via your router. Its simpler to manage.

What are you trying to achive?
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/201419-vpn-server-software.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I am having a dedicated server and need to know what firewall should I use for securing the server. I mean to say that shall i use a software firewall or a hardware firewall? Which is more effective?

A:What software is better for a web server?

You should use a hardware server; I would say, either get a router that has firewall enabled service or think about IPCOPS distro for linux; If you have an old computer around with two network cards, you can easily setup a firewall with no problem.

http://www.ipcop.org/

Hardware is always the way to go if your going to get a firewall; Cisco ASA or Pix if have alot of computer to protect;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-software-is-better-for-a-web-server.911223/
Relevancy 42.57%

I use Uwamp if I want my Windows computer to act as a LAN server in my apartment. (freeware)

Does anyone know of others also suitable? (server that is not limited to localhost only with MySQL and PHP included)

Would appreciate info on any non-Windows ones also - am trying to get a list together.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632528/lan-server-software/
Relevancy 42.57%

I need to install web server software on my computer so I can preview web pages before uploading them. It saves all of that unnecessary upload time. I used to run XAMPP with XP Pro SP3. But in looking to download it again, it doesn't mention 7 as being compatible. The last OS listed is Vista. I would imagine XAMPP is probably compatible with 7, but I was wondering if anyone had any info on this, or maybe another suggestion for free open source server software I could use with 7?

A:Web Server Software

It is not exactly what you are asking about, but have you considered using Opera Unite? It has a web server function to serve pages directly from your computer, so I imagine that it has some way to preview them also. I don't know if it would allow you to upload them just anywhere though, but I imagine that could be done separately, if needed.

Web Server - Opera Unite applications

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/65821-web-server-software.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I am a newcomer to Tech Support Guy with a unique problem My job is tech support for a bunch nearly of Windows NT Servers for one of our clients Most software for Server needs NT Software 4 these days is not written for NT Now our company installed these servers back in the s and they work fine to this day Dell has been good in supporting their product Our new installations are Servers But this client has been with us for over years and doesn t think that they need to upgrade But that is not my Software needs for NT 4 Server problem I am looking for software that will run on NT Server NT SP a and SQL Server that will consolidate directories and defragment the disks not Diskeeper Lite I am also looking for software that will allow me to assess any difficulties i e registry problems and take care of them The difficulty is this software must be current I cannot go to Ebay to pick up software I have to buy from a known vendor and the product must be the most recent Freeware is a possiblity if it can be sufficiently documented that it is a product that is undergoing continuing development nbsp

A:Software needs for NT 4 Server

I suspect you're going to have serious problems finding new software that is fully supported for Windows NT 4.0.

I don't know of any application that can scan any operating system to determine any type of problem and fix it regardless of corrupt files or registries. It sounds like you're looking for some type of Holy Grail software that fixes all problems. No such thing. Even harder to find utilities that work with an operating system even the maker of which doesn't support it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-needs-for-nt-4-server.593698/
Relevancy 42.14%

My friend and I have been trying to connect to each other in this game over a non-local connection. I've had no problems with my local connections, but for some reason I cannot get either computer to connect. I used my public IP and everything. Has anyone had this problem before?

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 462756 MB, Free - 419928 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 018D1Y, A00 , ..CN7509312I1647.
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 42.14%

Please check the attachment. In this example, i am trying to configure Oracle's weblogic server. It is happening for many applications, probably mostly java applications.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win-7-on-virtual-server-vm-player-not-displaying-correctly-642579.html