Windows Support Forum

[Need Help Fix] Metro Apps Keeps Closing Everytime I launch it

Q: [Need Help Fix] Metro Apps Keeps Closing Everytime I launch it

So I just upgraded to windows 10 today, and I was exploring around discovering new things in Windows 10. But a few minutes later when I decided to open the calculator It closes instantly, Even the windows store I was searching for a fix, none of it worked. So please can anyone help me?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: [Need Help Fix] Metro Apps Keeps Closing Everytime I launch it

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: [Need Help Fix] Metro Apps Keeps Closing Everytime I launch it

If you have only just upgraded there may be several updates for the metro apps still happening in the background. I would wait a while, try a restart and see if the problem still exists.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/52450-need-help-fix-metro-apps-keeps-closing-everytime-i-launch.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I realize this is an old post Metro apps closing but it is a current issue for Metro apps closing me I'm writing on my Mac OSX which I haven't had issues with for years nothing major like this anyway We bought our kids Toshiba laptops for Christmas for homeschooling and they both have Windows It's only January and I've had several issues with them The latest is the same as described in the last post quot I have an administrator account and another account It is just a home Metro apps closing desktop My admin account has the issue of any Metro app minimizing after - seconds but the other account is able to access them quot My son's account can access the apps and play Minecraft I was able to access the apps on the Admin account until I installed Uniblue Registry Booster and ran it However I did the same to my daughters computer and it is working fine So I don't think Metro apps closing it is RB I have tried System Restore at different restore points and those didn't work Same problem I tried System Refresh That also didn't work Same problem I'm at a loss of what to do except get my back and save up for a MacBook But any help here would be VERY much appreciated BTW I've been through some computer classes but not anywhere near the level most of you are at I'll let you know if your responses are over my head though Thanks Oh I should also mention that when I go into the app menu most of the tile apps have an X in the bottom right corner When I go to the full menu almost all of them have the word quot error quot after the name including Settings I had to get into Settings another way

A:Metro apps closing

Mate, you mentioned Registry Booster! You've located the problem. As far as I can tell, 95% of people on this forum recommend never using any registry 'booster' (apart from ccleaner), and the number one reason is because it makes a system unstable, and the second is like it: it doesn't actually provide any tangible benefit.

I recommend a system Refresh or a system reset, and failing that, a complete reinstallation.

No defragmenter, reg editor, optimizer, etc. should ever be installed. Upgraded Windows OS's also have SAFE upgraded built-in tools to do the same things as the other guys' stuff (like optimize drives). See Optimize Performance for better speeds.

These are my recommendations, hope they are helpful to you! I really think the only fix for you would be in the tutorials I've suggested (System refresh, and how to optimize performance). Good luck in your quest for the solution!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/59845-metro-apps-closing.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello all I don't know if this is intended or not but my Metro apps will only completely close if I use alt f from within the app to close it If I pull the app down from the top with my mouse or Metro closing apps f4 only alt with I go to the switcher right click and click close the only thing that happens is that my Metro apps get removed from the app switcher Metro apps only closing with alt f4 and from the alt tab list Using the task manager I can see that they are still there and still using the same memory that they were before I tried to close them With alt f they disappear from the task manager and I get back the Metro apps only closing with alt f4 memory that they were using Additionally when I close them with pulling down or the switcher when I open them again from the start screen it is as if nothing had happened They still open into whatever state they were in and the splash screen with the app icon doesn't appear again like it would if the app had actually closed and been reopened This definitely seems wrong as all three options to close apps worked in Windows but in Windows only alt f works Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Metro apps only closing with alt f4

Hello The Visitor,

It has changed a bit on how to close an app from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. In Windows 8.1, you will now need to wait until the app flips to show it's tile when you drag it down to close it.

Here are some more ways to close apps in Windows 8.1.

Apps - Close in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/34581-metro-apps-only-closing-alt-f4.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated After I installed I moved the my own user folder to a secondary drive as I have Win on a SSD Since then many metro apps will not launch I created a new temp profile that had its user folder in the default location on C and all metro apps work fine One app that didn't work App will Photo launch and not apps Metro other was the Reader app I uninstalled it but couldn't reinstall due to error permissions I modified permissions on the User folder by adding my Microsoft user profile and then the Reader app installed and worked But I still can't figure out Mail Photo Weather etc I'm not sure if folder permissions is still an issue or not Here is an error log produced by the Photo app after trying to launch it ErrorDescription Loading the state store failed ErrorType ErrorTypeText WinRT error ErrorNumber DB SourceFile ms-appx microsoft windowsphotos Jx Jx js Line Character DocumentURL ModernPhoto PhotosApplication PhotosApplication htm OSProduct Windows Pro with Media Center OSVersion OSServicePack UserAgentString Mozilla compatible MSIE Windows NT Trident MSAppHost StackTraceAvailability StackTrace ms-appx microsoft windowsphotos Jx Jx js localSettings ms-appx microsoft windowsphotos Jx Jx js initSettings ms-appx microsoft windowsphotos Jx Jx js getApplicationStatus boolean ms-appx microsoft windowsphotos Jx Jx js init object ms-appx microsoft windowsphotos Jx Jx js Application number boolean boolean Photo App and other Metro apps will not launch ms-appx microsoft windowsphotos ModernPhoto PhotosApplication PhotosApplication js Anonymous function ms-appx microsoft windowsphotos ModernPhoto PhotosApplication PhotosApplication js Global code Photo App and other Metro apps will not launch StackTraceHash e d c c b cbd c e PackageFullName microsoft windowsphotos x wekyb d bbwe AppUserModelID microsoft windowsphotos wekyb d bbwe Microsoft WindowsLive ModernPhotos IsTerminal True DependentPackageList Microsoft VCLibs x wekyb d bbwe Microsoft WinJS neutral wekyb d bbwe Here's a log from Event Viewer Fault bucket type Event Name WWAJSE Response Not available Cab Id Problem signature P microsoft windowsphotos x wekyb d bbwe P Microsoft WindowsLive ModernPhotos P e P P ms-appx microsoft windowsphotos Jx Jx js P P P P P Attached files C Users Brad AppData Local Packages microsoft windowsphotos wekyb d bbwe AC Temp ErrorInfo txt C Users Brad AppData Local Temp WERC tmp WERInternalMetadata xml These files may be available here C Users Brad AppData Local Microsoft Windows WER ReportQueue NonCritical microsoft window a e bce fb d aa ce b cab d b e Analysis symbol Rechecking for solution Report Id f e a e- bc- e -afe - c a Report Status Hashed bucket

A:Photo App and other Metro apps will not launch

Despite spending hours today trying to figure this out, I managed to uninstall the other troubling apps and reinstall them and so far I got the Photo app working.

Hopefully this helps someone else. Uninstall the metro app and reinstall if you moved your user folder.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/19006-photo-app-other-metro-apps-will-not-launch.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I open up my Live tiles screen on my 2nd monitor. When I open an app, say facebook. All is fine. When I drag from top of screen to bottom with my mouse to close the app, it goes to desktop. Is there a way for me to go back to the Live tiles screen?

Also, is it possible to have the live tiles screen visible all times on my 2nd monitor. I use Stardocks Start8 BTW if that helps

A:Closing Metro Apps takes me to desktop

Hello gizbug,

If you are using Windows 8.1 now, then:

You could uncheck the When I sign in or close apps on a screen, go to the desktop instead of Start box from step 4 in OPTION TWO of the tutorial below to go to your Start screen.
Desktop or Start - When Sign in or Close apps in Windows 8
You could open the Start screen from the taskbar on your 2nd monitor to have it show until you either open the desktop there or drag and drop a desktop window there.

Hope this helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/33615-closing-metro-apps-takes-me-desktop.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi, whenever I open a Metro app like Weather, even after closing it using the red cross in the upper right corner (feature added in 8.1 Update), the app will keep running in the background forcing me to end it with Task Manager. Is this normal?

A:Metro apps keep running in the background after closing

Hello Antares,

Yep, when you close an app with the red X on the upper right corner it only suspends the app to the background. When an app is supended, think of it as being placed in standby mode. The app will not use any system resources if suspended. A suspended app will still sit in memory (RAM) until that memory is needed by something else in Windows 8 and is then closed automatically to free the memory. While the app is sitting in memory, it will allow the app to be loaded faster the next time you open it since it's already in memory.

The tutorial below can help show you how to completely close an app though.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/48647-metro-apps-keep-running-background-after-closing.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I often switch back and forth between desktop and metro apps - for example, looking something up on Chrome in desktop mode while messaging someone on my skype metro app. After around 45 seconds in desktop mode, the metro app is closed when I return! This is very frustrating as you can probably guess. Anyone encountered this problem before? How did you solve it?
Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/30329-metro-apps-closing-when-desktop-mode.html
Relevancy 86.86%

i have just started installing some apps on windows 8 pro and they download fine. When i go to launch them they just crash out within a second. I am running 1920x1080p so res shouldnt be a problem

any ideas
thanks

A:Windows 8 metro apps wont launch

I have the same issue.

1. Fresh load on WIN 8 Pro, Metro/Modern apps like News, Mail, Financial, Photos, etc worked for about a day or so, then they won't open. Checked screen resolutoin, UAC, and I am not using any AV outside of Win Defender and Win Firewall.

2.Reloaded, complete reinstall of Win 8 Pro, same results, apps worked about a day or so then the regular Metro/Modern apps won't open.

3. Called MS Support and they suggested a WIN 8 Refresh. Did that (it took quite a while) and no change, same apps won't open.

MS has a problem that seems to be affecting a lot of folks, just not everyone is seems. They make us start with the Metro start page, you would think they would have gotten at least that right for everyone. Anyway, I supposedly will get a call from a level 2 support person tonight, but I am more apt I think to get the solution in Eight Forums someday.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/12082-windows-8-metro-apps-wont-launch.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello!

After a long search, I finally found a solution to the problem where metro apps crash after briefly showing the splash screen.

What did the trick with me was installing the "media pack for the N version of windows 8.1" (if your Windows version would be "N" - didn't know it was the case with my pc). Could also work for Windows 8 probably.

Hope this helps!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/44913-possible-solution-metro-apps-crashing-launch.html
Relevancy 86%

My 8.1 Update 1 HTPC now sends us to the desktop instead of the Start screen when we close an app. I know of the setting in taskbar properties to always go to the desktop instead of start when an app is closed. This option is unchecked. It looks like any non-touch Update 1 PC just ignores this setting. Anyone else suffering from the same problem? Any thoughts?

A:8.1 Update 1 - Closing Metro Apps Always Sends to Desktop

Crisis averted. You need to go to the taskbar properties and uncheck the box that says "Show Windows Apps on the Taskbar."

Desktop or Start - When Sign in or Close apps in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44202-8-1-update-1-closing-metro-apps-always-sends-desktop.html
Relevancy 86%

Hello After having hopefully solved the idle-to-sleep issues of my clean installed Windows OS having installed and configured all the software I need I felt almost ready and relieved to finally create a backup image of my system However I have just realised that most built-in Metro Apps have stopped working In detail Weather Maps Mail Skype Calendar Contact Stocks and probably few more do not work i e when I click-open them there is the short animation in which the App symbol is magnified to full screen and then immediately afterwards I am sent back to the Metro interface However the apps do still appear in the Metro Apps' taskbar on the left side of the screen Re-Opening them from there leads gives the same result Very few apps work like Skydrive Photos and Store I can confirm that I neither had this issue with Windows nor right after my Windows installation which is when I checked Metro apps for the last time I have no idea what settings in the meantime have caused this disruption I can at 8.1: launch Metro Apps crash immediately Windows Most only say that I have not done any real work with the computer since the fresh install but merely installed and configured everything to my specifications Just for the sake of ruling out some possible causes I can confirm that I have no third-party Windows 8.1: Most Metro Apps crash immediately at launch firewall or antivirus programs installed that I have no nvidia or Windows 8.1: Most Metro Apps crash immediately at launch ATI AMD graphics card just the Intel HD onboard graphics and that I use the most recent drivers everywhere I have already read Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter - Fix Apps in Windows and gone through most of the points except the refresh install which I would like to avoid since this is a newly installed computer The following errors are reported in the application event log of Windows Event id quot Fehler beim Laden der Anwendungseinstellungen f r Paket quot Microsoft BingMaps wekyb d bbwe quot Fehlercode quot This is the original German message translated to english this means quot Error loading applications settings for package quot quot Error code quot I get this type of error for every app I launch and a few more errors like Event id quot Bei der Aktivierung der App Microsoft BingMaps wekyb d bbwe AppexMaps ist folgender Fehler aufgetreten Der Remoteprozeduraufruf ist fehlgeschlagen Weitere Informationen finden Sie im Protokoll Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI Betriebsbereit quot Translated The following error occurred while activating the app quot quot The remote procedure call failed You can find more information in the protocoll log quot Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI Idle quot quot Event id quot Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung Map exe Version Zeitstempel x f Name des fehlerhaften Moduls Windows UI Xaml dll Version Zeitstempel x d b Ausnahmecode xc b Fehleroffset x a f a ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses x bc Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung x cecd c b cc Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft BingMaps x wekyb d bbwe Map exe Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls C Windows System Windows UI Xaml dll Berichtskennung b a - f- e - b-bc ff f c Vollst ndiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets Microsoft BingMaps x wekyb d bbwe Anwendungs-ID die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist AppexMaps quot I have not had much luck googling these errors probably because with the of Windows many new errors were introduced Thanks for any help Steve

A:Windows 8.1: Most Metro Apps crash immediately at launch

I have achieved SOME progress by establishing which apps are broken one by one and then uninstalling and reinstalling them.

I have got most apps to work at first but often they break again (crash at launch as before) or Windows reports that they need to be repaired (have had this with the Weather app a number of times). Another quirk is that often Windows store gave an error (0x80073cf9) while trying to install some apps (e.g. Health & Fitness). After retrying many times, I've been able to install all apps, but it does not feel to be a very stable state as things can break again unexpectedly.

To me, it all looks like new bugs introduced with Windows 8.1.

I suspected that the fact that I use one Microsoft Live/Skydrive account as my main account on two computers could be causing issues, although both have been updated to 8.1. Therefore, I disabled app syncing. However, this is nothing more than a workaround to a very basic feature that should be working fine. To give an example, think of the Apple app store - never encountered issues of this magnitude, neither on iOS nor Mac OS devices.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/33515-windows-8-1-most-metro-apps-crash-immediately-launch.html
Relevancy 86%

So the problem is that Metro Calendar, Mail and Travel apps won't launch. They had been working just fine few days ago. Today, when I launch any of them, they just show starting app logo and then crash with no message (Calendar) or load infinitely (Mail, Travel). I've rent Windows 8 troubleshooter with no success. Reinstalled these apps with same results. What can be the reasons of this problems and how can I possibly fix them?

A:Metro Calendar, Mail and Travel apps won't launch

Hello seatless, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if going through the troubleshooting steps in the tutorial below to see if it may be able to help fix your apps in Windows 8.

Apps and Tiles Not Working or Responding: Fix in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/22997-metro-calendar-mail-travel-apps-wont-launch.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Everytime when i open my laptop these 4 windows pops. And it complains that it cant open that file. starts with jsyb and ends with .jar and between is lot of numbers. dont know what things these are. Please help. It gets annoying to close these 4 at each launch:

in case of the picture doesn't show up fully: https://snag.gy/RsCgfm.jpg

sysinfo info:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6000 @ 1.87GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2996 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1274 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 474882 MB, Free - 407238 MB;
Motherboard: FUJITSU, FJNBB06
Antivirus: Tietoturva, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/4-jar-files-tries-to-launch-everytime-i-launch-laptop.1170989/
Relevancy 67.08%

OK i'd Sync, Admin etc??? Be Able As d/l Metro AND To apps, Store Apps Use like to make it clear that i'm using the so-called quot real quot Administrator account that is hidden but can be activated not a regular account with admin privelidges At first i was trying to figure out if Metro apps can be used by this account and it appeared that they cant but managed to find a Use Metro Apps As Admin AND Be Able To Sync, d/l Store apps, etc??? trick to enable it i did it by making sure UAC is on making sure that FilterAdministratorToken is set to a Use Metro Apps As Admin AND Be Able To Sync, d/l Store apps, etc??? value of in the Registry and by enabling quot User Account Control Admin approval mode for the built-in Administrator account quot secpol msc Local Security Policy gt Local Policies gt Security Options So i did a bit more research and toying around only to discover that although i might have found a workaround for running most Metro apps in general i discovered that syncing d l'ing of apps from the Windows Store etc is not possible unless you're using a Microsoft account Please note that any other account with admin privelidges can use the apps without a hitch as well as any Standard account So it clearly is not a limitation of just having an admin account alone Also the built-in Admin is the only kind of account that cant be converted from a local account to a MS Account all other accounts with admin privelidges can do so If you look in the Control Panel and try to make changes to the account you will find that the option isnt available whereas with other accounts it is This brings about the issue of not being able to sync or d l Store apps also note that there is a difference between logging into Windows with a MS Account and simply accessing the apps while using a local account and then manually inputting your MS Account username password when requested By signing in with a MS Account no Metro app will ever prompt you to login after youve done so initially the first time since it remembers your details unless you've reset your password or account security has been compromised etc Judging from what i've read my workaround enables most Metro apps to function except syncing d l'ing of Store apps and perhaps a few other small things issues and so therefore this is not a true solution since other accounts have none of these issues Since the option to convert the real Admin account to a MS Account is not available yet is available to other accounts with admin access as well as Standard accounts then i supposedly cannot use these functions to the fullest extent I am the type of person who prefers to use Windows Linux while logged in as root Admin rather than a limited user all day every day because i trust myself and my abilities am very careful meticulously maintain my systems with the utmost care and caution i do understand that using Admin is considered to be a security risk but it's a risk i'm willing to take and i dont mind learning from my mistakes in the event that bad things happen i do not care to be told by Microsoft how to run my system what i can do on them etc Complete and absolute control is what i demand at least to the greatest extent possible considering that Windows is proprietary and closed-source yet i depend on it for many things like running a business gaming etc I didnt post this to rant or spout my opinions but to solicit feedback on how this issue s can be overcome or worked around without having to use a nd account to get the full features of Metro apps I'm also wondering if there is possibly a way official unofficial or otherwise of being able to run a Metro app as another user account whether local or MS Account doesnt really matter i think while still remaining on the Metro screen of the real Admin account without having to manually log into my nd account and access Metro from there By perhaps using a quot Run As quot command link shortcut or similar Maybe that sounded a bit long-winded and confu... Read more

A:Use Metro Apps As Admin AND Be Able To Sync, d/l Store apps, etc???

Hello Stephen, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Setting that security policy below to be enabled will basically just turn the built-in elevated "Administrator" account into an unelevated administator account that requires UAC approval to open or run anything that requires elevated rights to do so.

This would be why you are able to open the Store afterwards, but you would still need to sign into the Store with any Microsoft account to be able to install any "Metro" Store apps.
Windows Store - Sign in with Different Microsoft Account in Windows 8

You still will not be able to switch the built-in "Administrator" to be a Microsoft account. It can only remain as a local account.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/10356-use-metro-apps-admin-able-sync-d-l-store-apps-etc.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Whenever I start windows up it tells me to restart Windows Explorer because of some kind of error. I don't know why it has to do this. It is causing the computer to take longer to start up. Is there anyway I can fix this?

A:Why does it have to Restart everytime I launch?

Try a clean boot, maybe you can find out the problem
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/110844-why-does-have-restart-everytime-i-launch.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm pretty sure this is a right wing conspiracy but just in case it isn't, I'm having the issue where Metro apps won't launch. I get the app splash screen and then it goes right back to the windows start screen. Windows + tab shows them all running, but none will actually launch. This is a desktop with 1920x1200 resolution, used only windows update drivers for video card, fresh install 3 months ago, no third party anti-virus, all the Metro apps used to work, just started giving me trouble in the last month or so. First a reboot would get them working and now nothing will. Only apps that will work is Microsoft Store and Foxnews. Have not done a refresh but come on, if I have to do a refresh every few months I'll just use the desktop or go back to Windows 7.

Duane

A:Only Metro app that will launch is Fox News

Hello Duane,

Going through the troubleshooting items listed in the tutorial below may be able to help.

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/22748-only-metro-app-will-launch-fox-news.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Couldn't seem to find an answer to this by searching, apologies if it has been asked in different wording.

Basically, most apps when I launch them from Metro UI, switches to the standard Desktop and opens it there.

Is it possible to get them to open over the top of the Metro UI instead? Otherwise it feels like I am using two different OS's at the same time; driving me nuts.

I don't mind the Metro UI as I use my PC is an HTPC, but it does not feel like my programs are integrated with one another.

I guess what I'm asking is how can I disable the desktop completely so I only have the Metro UI as the underlying layer?

A:How to keep non metro apps on top of metro UI?

I assume you are referring to the new Start Screen. It has tiles for Metro Apps and Desktop Apps. If you click on a Metro App it opens in its own window. When you click on a Desktop App it opens in the Desktop. Its just a big Menu screen.

Jim

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/10109-how-keep-non-metro-apps-top-metro-ui.html
Relevancy 61.49%

It had too many tabs and it keeps crashing every time I try to launch it. Maybe there is a bug? I created another account and it works there well but I want it to work well on this account too.
Turning the computer on and off didn't work.

A:Firefox crashes everytime I try to launch it.

First step would be to try starting Firefox in Safe Mode, which is done by holding down the shift key and double-clicking the FF desktop icon. (I think, but don't know, that this will work with a single click if you have a FF icon on the Windows task bar.)

Alternatively, Start Button/Run/ and one of these:

firefox -safe-mode
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/297216-firefox-crashes-everytime-i-try-launch.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Any ideas on how I can force IE to always launch maximized for a new user profile and or existing user profiles either by modifying the registry or by GPO So far I know I can right click properties any IE shortcut and change Run from quot normal window quot to quot maximized quot I default launch to Maximized everytime by 11 IE Need have not figured out where in the registry I can make this change I also understand that Windows remembers the size Need IE 11 to launch Maximized by default everytime of IE in the Windows Placement key under HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main but haven't figured a way I can use this to my advantage Here is a exactly what I want when a user logs on IE launches maximized at startup I have a GPO to launch IE at startup When a user launches IE from the desktop it opens maximized User should be able to adjust the size of IE close IE then launches IE and it opens maximized Any help would greatly be appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/394457-need-ie-11-launch-maximized-default-everytime.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Ive set the IE as default from Internt otions of IE( dektop version). Now the app from start screen wont do anything. Th e desktop version works but It can be launch frpm the startscreen either. I have unpined and pined to startcsreen but no avail. That browser choice that keeps staying on the startscreen wont do a thing : cant instal IE from there

Pls help

A:Metro version of IE wont launch

Hello. Browser links pushed in all the other Modern/Metro apps use and opens the immersive (Modern/Metro) IE10. Perhaps this has something to do with it. Please reverse the default setting you did, try to open both, and report back.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/23760-metro-version-ie-wont-launch.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I am experiencing the following very strange intermittent problems and evil behavior in XP.

My Start Menu sometimes only appears for a split second when clicked and will not stay displayed. Also minimised apps. wont maximise and apps. and short cuts on the desktop wont launch when double left clicked and instead show properties as if they were right clicked!!

I have done the following to try and resolve these issues.

1. Updated from SP1 to SP 2 as well as all the security updates.

2. Ran Adaware and Spybot to find any unwelcome visitors. Adaware only found one minor issue.

3. Ran Symantec Antivirus which found and quarantined several viruses.

4. Ran WinDoctor which found and said it resolved quite a few issues.

This is really a pain as it makes the system virtually unusable except for when it is behaving which is rare.

Would be grateful for any suggestions, solutions, incantations or workarounds for this issue/s

Kind regards

Binaryboy

A:Start Menu flickers/dissapears, apps. wont launch & minimised apps. wont maximise!!

Hi binaryboy, Welcome to TSG!!

Please post a HJT log for us to review.

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe: http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/HJTSetup.exe
Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.

Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/start-menu-flickers-dissapears-apps-wont-launch-minimised-apps-wont-maximise.435131/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello All IExplorer.exe and everytime Explorer.exe them crash launch I Mobo assisted a user with an issue much like this I hope Mobo checks this as well When Explorer.exe and IExplorer.exe crash everytime I launch them I click upon either My Computer Internet Explorer or try to launch Explore within the OS I get a message Explorer.exe and IExplorer.exe crash everytime I launch them Internet Explorer.exe and IExplorer.exe crash everytime I launch them Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience and Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience I click quot Don t Send quot and the screen changes and the Explorer exe is restarted I followed Mobo s request for HiJackThis and HiJackThis log here is the log Thank you Mark Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA Adaptec EASYCD CreateCD CreateCD exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Microsoft Broadband Networking MSBNTray exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System atievxx exe C WINNT explorer exe C Program Files Outlook Express MSIMN EXE C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe C Documents and Settings mld Local Settings Temp HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus http www yahoo com ext search search html O - BHO LocalNRDObj Class - -B C - A - F -F C D FAD - C WINNT localNRD dll O - BHO no name - C C -F F- D - B - ACD AE - C WINNT Helper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run CreateCD C PROGRA Adaptec EASYCD CreateCD CreateCD exe -r O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - Global Startup Microsoft Broadband Networking lnk C Program Files Microsoft Broadband Networking MSBNTray exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINNT web related htm O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINNT web related htm O - Extra button MoneySide - E F - C A- -A E -A DEA A - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c winnt system inetadpt dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c winnt system inetadpt dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c winnt system inetadpt dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c winnt system inetadpt dll O - DPF EF - - - C - AA A DA - http www addictivetechnologies net DM cab wfwr d cab O - DPF AD -CDB - E -A DA- EE E BAD - http public windupdates com get f db f fd a c aedc a c eaf e O - DPF F -DE C- -BC C- FCF D E - http download websearch com Dnl T QDow AS cab O - DPF A D- F - D-B - B BDE FA MSN File Upload Control - http sc groups msn com controls FileUC MsnU... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-and-iexplorer-exe-crash-everytime-i-launch-them.301127/
Relevancy 60.63%

All of my shortcuts for opening Calculator open the desktop version and not the Metro version. I've updated the calc app from the offline installer from the Microsoft Update Catalog however only desktop mode opens. Any suggestions? Been hard to find anything online as most people want the desktop calc and not the other way around.

Thanks in advance,

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/63148-unable-launch-metro-style-calc.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I'm always getting an error message IE7 [SOLVED] everytime I'm Message browser closing Error everytime I closed my IE saying Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience Error Signature AppName iexplore exe AppVer ModName unknown ModVer Offset fd Logs from Activescan Incident Status Location Spyware Cookie Doubleclick Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Pete M Pinguel Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles mxbmh default cookies txt doubleclick net Spyware Cookie FastClick Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Pete M Pinguel Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles mxbmh default cookies txt fastclick net Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Pete M Pinguel Cookies pete m pinguel o txt Potentially unwanted tool Application NirCmd A Not disinfected C fixwareout FindT nircmd exe Below is my Deckard's System Scanner Logs Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Pete M Pinguel on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - [SOLVED] Error Message everytime I'm closing IE7 browser Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Made by Eusing Free Registry Cleaner - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - [SOLVED] Error Message everytime I'm closing IE7 browser UTC - RP - Removed Symantec Technical Support Web Controls - - UTC - [SOLVED] Error Message everytime I'm closing IE7 browser RP - Removed Microsoft SMS Sender -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Pete M Pinguel exe ------------------------------------- Unable to find log file not found running clone -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Perl bin perl exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files ESET nod krn exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files ActiveState Perl Dev Kit bin pdkdebug exe C WINDOWS system snmp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files HPQ HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution NclBTHandler exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hp QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite LaunchApplication exe C Program Files Media Key MagicKey exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files ESET nod kui exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Media Key OSD exe C Program Files SlySoft CloneCD CloneCDTray exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files AvaFind AvaFind exe C Program Files Conceptworld QNPlus QNPlus exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTStackServer exe C Program Files Adobe Ac... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/solved-error-message-everytime-im-closing-ie7-browser-179743.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Every time I Installer Certain I Cancel I Windows Launch Everytime to have Programs launch a variety of programs Everytime I Launch Certain Programs I have to Cancel Windows Installer on my computer some sort of installer comes up sometimes it is simply windows installer and sometimes it is microsoft money If I hit cancel during the installer launch the program will usually open but I can't figure out how to get it off my computer Below is the hijack this log that I just ran Thanks for your help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Marratech MarratechManager bin MarratechManager exe C Program Files Common Files Lanovation PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS GWMDMMSG exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE SXYN YN HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https portal usd org R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO IE - CB BA - E F- - D -E D B FE A - C Program Files WinBudget bin matrix dll file missing O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar V ViewBarBHO dll file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar V ViewBar dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run GWMDMMSG... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/everytime-i-launch-certain-programs-i-have-to-cancel-windows-installer-218024.html
Relevancy 60.2%
A:How do I make programs not launch by default everytime I boot?

Click on Start

Type in msconfig and launch it. Then click the startup tab and remove the programs you don't want starting at boot up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307609-how-do-i-make-programs-not-launch-default-everytime-i-boot.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Has anyone noticed what happens when you have more Metro Apps open than can fit in the task list down the left side? With me the screen flashes and the list is cleared and you end up on the start menu. The apps remain open in task manager though but you have to press the tiles to switch to them. That needs some work.

A:Too many Metro Apps

That happened to me today for the first time, probably because it was the first time I had quite a few apps open. I'm getting in the habit of closing down the ones I dont think I'll use again in the immediate future.
Its probably some memory thing and hopefully will be fixed.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/4751-too-many-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Greetings,
Just installed Win8 transformation pack(I have Win7) all apps are working except the weather app when I hit the app it opens it just doesn't load blank blue screen. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/metro-apps.1123836/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi

I use the excellent Classic Shell on windows 8.1 and love it !

Unfortunately, every now and then Apps try to open files when i double click them.

Also the annoying metro "Start screen" is taking over my desktop from time to time.

I'd like to know if/how to remove all traces of Metro Apps from my environment.

Any advice ?

Thanks !

A:Getting rid of Metro Apps

I'm unsure if you can remove all of them. However go to the Start Screen and right-click on each and click on uninstall. The pre-installed one's like Mail, Store, Internet Explorer, etc. may not be able to be uninstalled. Either way, I'd atleast leave the Windows Store one alone. Just like it was needed to get Windows 8.1 from Windows 8, it'll probably be needed for future versions of Windows.

Originally Posted by mpoirier

Hi

I use the excellent Classic Shell on windows 8.1 and love it !

Unfortunately, every now and then Apps try to open files when i double click them.

Also the annoying metro "Start screen" is taking over my desktop from time to time.

I'd like to know if/how to remove all traces of Metro Apps from my environment.

Any advice ?

Thanks !

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/38178-getting-rid-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I disabled UAC and now i cant run any metro app...
How to run metro app with UAC disabled?

A:UAC and Metro apps

Hello IR123,

If you disabled UAC by modifying the EnableLUA DWORD value to 0 (zero) in the registry key below, then that's why. This does not work the same in Windows 8 like it did in Windows 7. Setting EnableLUA to 0 instead of 1 will break Store apps in Windows 8.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

You can use the tutorial below to disable UAC mostly instea, and still have Store apps work.

User Account Control (UAC) - Change Settings in Windows 8
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/9872-uac-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello guys,

I installed windows 8 last night, and I was booting it up this morning to try out the mail app, and all of a sudden it was in German, and when I tried to start up my messaging app again, it was in German too! The entire OS is set to English and I have no idea how to change it back to English.

Thanks for the help,

BerryBryan

A:Metro apps are in German?

Same experience here.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/4105-metro-apps-german.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am working on automating some test cases which include basic metro apps testing as well. But i am unable to proceed since the metro apps don't work when UAC is turned off.
Is there a way to run metro apps with UAC turned off?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/64c19c70-bf38-4c54-8ed1-adf6761b3575/is-there-a-way-to-run-metro-apps-with-uac-turned-off?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello All,
I am having somewhat of an odd issue. When I launch a Metro app, it will show the 'app start screen' but then immediately close. It would appear that the process is still running because I can see it, and others attempted, in the running Metro apps area (top left, mouse down). I recently completely disabled UAC but then re-enabled it to get them to work. I now know that it is not a UAC issue because I have seen the error about it not being enabled. I do believe however, that disabling may have started this issue.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

A:Metro Apps not working

Hello InfectionZer0,

What release (DP, CP, or RTM) of Windows 8 are you using?

The issue with UAC having to be turned on to the default level for Metro apps to run has been fixed in the RTM release though.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/8984-metro-apps-not-working.html
Relevancy 59.34%

So far pretty much all of the Metro apps I've tried are really terrible, clunky and amateurish. Granted, I have only tried a handful (only FREE apps) but the ones I've tried are pretty bad.

Take, for instance, the Mail app that comes with Win 8. It doesn't allow any form of customization that I can determine. I can't resize the panes (I'd really prefer to turn off the preview pane) and I can't find any way to open an email full screen. Lack of customization seems to be the norm with other Metro apps as well.

I think Metro apps will need to get a whole lot better before they will help Win 8 succeed.

Do others like Metro apps? Can anybody point me to any apps they really like?

A:Are there ANY Metro apps that don't suck?

Yeah, there are a few actually.

-Fine Cooking, for recipes and delicious food.
-Radio apps. Most of them are quite awesome.
-Chess.
-News apps
-Sky drive
-Maps. Avoid if you are paranoid.
-Calendar
-One Note FX
-Bing, for the pretty pictures it shows.
-Reader
-Internet Explorer is actually quite cool once you get used to it.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/9688-there-any-metro-apps-dont-suck.html
Relevancy 59.34%

So I have found myself more addicted to my laptop since I installed win on it Everything I read in the past about win being more for touch screens I was like well I'm not going to upgrade my pc then but now that I have it i'm actually really liking it I like the whole metro side of win I mean it really metro phone? win 8 apps on Same has me thinking If I can have the same on all my devices I just may dump my Iphone and ipad I'm assuming the apps on the desktop will be the same for the win phone right If that is the case see you Same metro apps on win 8 phone? later apple I never cared for you much any way I have to be honest I don't like switching back to the desktop I'm sure the desktop will be gone by win Same metro apps on win 8 phone? or once win eight takes off and third party software goes to the metro Same metro apps on win 8 phone? side One last thing I like to note is if Microsoft promotes win for the phone tablet and pc all together instead of saying win eight is for touch screens they blow this thru the roof

A:Same metro apps on win 8 phone?

Very much a big YES! The new and also disappointing to some feature of Windows Phone 8 is that it has a shared core with Windows, probably obviously WinRT code.

What that enables is an awesome plethora of options, games, and apps. Unlike ios, where the OS doesn't take full advantage of the device, the new WinRT apps will. An app built for Windows 8 will have a ridiculously easy port over to Windows Phone 8. WP 8 doesn't have a Charms bar, but it will have UI elements to interact with settings and such. That's what I really like about the new metro ecosystem Microsoft is building. It offers a very consistent user experience, but takes advantage of the devices capabilities. An app on Windows Phone 8 takes advantage of the screen size how the user interacts with, meaning the little ... icon for more and swiping left and right to navigate through the apps. That same app can be on Windows 8, but takes advantage of the Charms bar for search, sharing, and settings. Since a tablet PC has more screen estate, more can be shown. And to navigate through the content, it's a simple scroll.

Basically, get rid of the iphone and ipad!

I find it OK to switch between Desktop and Start Screen. It kind of makes me think of the jump list in Windows Phone, where shows a whole screen of little tiles with a letter on it to jump to that section of file names.

You know, I think that could be potentially a good marketing strategy for Windows Phone 8. Power of the PC in your hands? I don't know, some might think that wouldn't be good because of the Windows name, but that's blasphemy. If they can promote the ecosystem of the metro design, where a Windows Phone 8 goes hand in hand with a Windows 8 tablet PC and even go hand in hand the current updated Xbox and the new one next year, that could be a HUGE hit as well.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/7785-same-metro-apps-win-8-phone.html
Relevancy 59.34%

The apps don't recognize that I have a wireless internet connection. When I go to desktop, I can use the internet. Also, printer does not work in apps at all, and only sometimes from desktop (also connected by wireless).

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26344-windows-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have an OCZ-AGIl ITY3 ssd, amd radeon HD 6570 graphics card, amd fx4100 cpu and win 8 of course. Where do I look for the bug report? Desktop apps seem to be working.

Got this info to show:

1201 - Time : 2/18/2013 4:22:37 AM
1202 - Source : Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell
1203 - Description : Activation of app Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error: This app does not support the contract specified or is not installed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

A:Got DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and metro apps want run

Did a system restore, now i only have 4 items in the metro screen, file manager, internet explorer, desktop and store tiles. Store tile doesn't open. emptied my taskbar. Left desktop icons. Won't go to pc settings from the charm bar.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/20583-got-dpc_watchdog_violation-metro-apps-want-run.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I was installing this new game and it had errors, part of the troubleshooting of said game was to nuke the app data folder. I have deleted things from this folder in the past on previous OSes just fine with no issues. However after killing this folder the start menu did not work nor did cortana or onedrive. I did find a solution to partially fix it as it restore some of the apps. However its not working specifically for the Windows store. My thoughts is because the guides I found on this were made before the fall update that the name of the apps have changed slightly or something else is different that I have to do. Is there any guide that is updated for the fall update that shows how to reinstall the Windows Store? I have already done the dism restorehealth thing too before someone suggests that.

A:Need help reinstalling metro apps

Hello Mansome,

I'm afraid that there's currently a bug in the latest Windows 10 that when you use the usual PowerShell command to reinstall and repair apps, it will delete the folder and break it instead now. Microsoft is working on it, but there's no fix yet.

Usually when this happens, it may take doing a repair install to fix them without losing anything.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/33689-need-help-reinstalling-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I have a problem here I upgrade my Win to Win Pro and later to Win Pro with WMC using the free key that Microsoft gave Later I realized that few of my Metro Apps not Not Working Certain Metro Apps working especially News Sport Certain Metro Apps Not Working and Weather From what I read this Certain Metro Apps Not Working usually caused by the antivirus But strangely when I check the other account that apps are fine so I think its not the problem I even create a new account and found that those apps were fine I've using my current account for a long time so it had been so customized and the data had growing so many and big more than GB when I check so I don't want to abandon moreover delete it I have tried to create a new account use the WET Windows Easy Transfer to transfer my setting and app data only to found that the problem come again I've confirm that those apps were working before transfer my setting Any ideas about the cause Any help would be appreciated Thanks and sorry for my english

A:Certain Metro Apps Not Working

I had a similar problem when installing 8 pro over 7, nothing worked. I contacted Microsoft and they were as usual unhelpful, giving solutions such as checking my timezone, anti-virus etc. In the end I did a full clean install and everything worked luckilt I didn't lose much of anything because all my important app installs/docs/pics etc where on a seperate partition, it's been fine since even though WMC took ages to be activated (not that it would have proven to be a great loss!) and even now Windows still tells me it is not activated but when I follow the link it then tells me the opposite. Anyway thats the only solution I found !

Regards

Ricky

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/19383-certain-metro-apps-not-working.html
Relevancy 59.34%

i have recently installed windows 8 and added my email Hotmail id too and synchronised my id and pc both. but when i click on any of the metro apps it enlarges for few seconds and again the start screen comes . it happens for all metro apps. when i put the mouse pointer to left corner then it is minimised there and when i maximize it then same start screen comes, so what is going wrong; i have installed kaspersky pure internet security and disabled it but got the same problem. please help me

A:metro apps are not working....please need help

What you may need to do is go into "Setting" and do a recovery. Not really sure what could be causing this problem. How long have you had Win 8 installed, and was it working prior to this problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/22430-metro-apps-not-working-please-need-help.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I installed Windows 8 but I never got to get the Metro Apps working...
The screen with the logo comes up, but then it just goes to a green screen and then back to the home screen!

I was suspecting that it had to do with the Video driver or Silverlight.. but I guess not!

Anyway has an idea?

A:Metro Apps Crashing

I'm having a similar problem, whenever I try and launch a metro app, the tile indents to show that I clicked, but then nothing happens. I can launch system applications like Control Panel and Desktop, but none of the apps are working.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/2297-metro-apps-crashing.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I love the new top bar, but it's become annoying after I've discovered Chrome in Windows 8 Mode. Is there any way to disable it?

GIF to explain what is happening:

A:A way to disable the new top bar in W8 U1 in Metro apps?

Hello Matrix,

Please go ahead and post a screenshot showing this top bar to help clarify.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Eight Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44267-way-disable-new-top-bar-w8-u1-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Eight Forums Yesterday I installed genuine Windows Pro After installing the OS all apps worked good Music app Maps app and Skype app After using OS for a day installing some stuff on the Windows which supports windows Something strange happen Suddenly All my apps marked with quot X quot on it repairs didn't work Metro Broken Apps actually it didn't even start trying repair the apps So I've re-installed all my apps Everything worked beside Music app Skype app Maps app they didn't work Music app told me that it needs an update when there is no update available so its broken and i can't use it Skype app just can't sign in and keeps loading screen then tells me too try again Maps app just crashes on the app-start screen and it doesn't let me know why it's doing it I've installed Advanced System Care Beta and made deep scan repair Broken Metro Apps after broken apps i used the backup to restore the files he erased i though maybe its the ASC which cause the problem but the apps are still broken No antiviruses Dangerous software's were installed on my PC Broken Metro Apps besides quot ASC quot that might cause the problem by the fix to the registry I switched that day from Microsoft Account to Local Account the reason I've done that is cause i hate the password on windows start-up I think that if i could re-install apps without windows already knows everything about them it could rebuild the app cache and maybe fix the problem but as far as i know its impossible in windows to completely remove apps from Windows Store So what can i do to fix the apps I tried to use any app diagnostic tool and it didn't work Sorry for my bad English Thanks for any help Max

A:Broken Metro Apps

Hello Max, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if going through each troubleshooting step in the tutorial below may be able to help.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/31326-broken-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I wonder what the best way is to reinstall a Metro UI app? I am thinking of the Metro UI Wikipedia app. It recently started crashing at start up, but had been working just fine. On the iPad, uninstalling and reinstalling an app, is the way to clear corrupt settings. On Android there is a clear settings function. I am not clear how to do this with Windows 8 Metro UI.

Also I checked the registry. It doesn't seem like Metro UI apps use the registry. I was hoping to delete some settings in the registry.

Bottom line: I am curious how to get the Wikipedia app to come back to life.

A:Reinstall Metro apps?

If you right click a metro app tile (checkmark it) you should see an uninstall option on the toolbar that pops up from the bottom of the screen. Then just go to the app store and install it again.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html

and

Apps - Install Metro Apps from Windows 8 Store

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/6890-reinstall-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Win store apps will open then close immediately I have done my own troubleshooting unfortunately to Apps Metro Store no avail Steps I have tried and not necessarily in this order Tried all suggestions listed here http blogs technet com b askperf Metro Store Apps your-windows- -modern-app-fails-to-start aspx http www eightforums com tutorials -apps-tiles-not-working-responding-fix-windows- -a html http www eightforums com tutorials -apps-update-windows- -a html EVENT ID s Activation of app microsoft windowscommunicationsapps wekyb d bbwe Microsoft WindowsLive Mail failed with error The app didn t start See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI Operational log for additional information ID Source Apps The server Microsoft WindowsLive Mail AppXj e v xw sf t nqr tqqb yq zsfg mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout ID SOURCE DistributedCOM The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID A B -D - F -AF -E E FEE F and APPID ADA B C-C FD- A - CC -D EFDE BE D to the user PAS skeetz SID S- - - - - - - from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool ID SOURCE DistributedCOM STORE APP REPAIR TOOL app troubleshooter I m not running Avast which I read was a source of the problem all drivers are up to date EnableLUA is set to in registry TEMP winstore log CHECK LOGS With event viewer open navigate to Event Viewer gt Applications and Services Logs gt Microsoft gt Windows AppModel-Runtime Apps AppXDeployment and AppXDeployment-Server Application and Services Logs gt Microsoft gt Windows gt Applocker TEMP winstore log LOGS I HAVE logAppsACL AppLocker-EXE and DLL AppLocker-MSI and Script AppLocker-Packaged app-Deployment AppLocker-Packaged app-Execution AppModel-Runtime Apps AppXDeployment AppXDeployment-Server Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool log Metro winstore CHECKED PERMISSIONS In Windows there is a new principle used to run Windows Apps - ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES To check for this principle right-click on a folder or file in the file system gt Properties gt Security Tab gt Advanced ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES need the following permissions to execute properly Read amp execute List folder contents and Read in the following locations amp C Windows amp C Program Files x amp C Program Files List folder and read data Create Folders and Append Data amp C Users lt userName gt AppData Local Microsoft Windows WER Read amp HKEY CLASSES ROOT amp HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Drivers amp HKEY LOCAL MACHINE HARDWARE amp HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SAM amp HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE amp HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM amp HKEY USERS THIS ALL CHECKED OUT Finally if all other steps fail you can try clearing the Windows Store cache by running the following command ran WSRESET EXE GOT ERROR MSG ms-windows-storeurgeCaches the app didnt start TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc NW C Antivirus Windows Defender Enabled Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G G Express Chipset Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc D Y Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated apps Metro themselves uninstaled and Enabled all my preinstalled metro apps uninstalled themselves one day I was just listening to music on the computer when I received a notification that my app quot maps quot had leftover files to be removed registry entries and so forth via Iobit uninstaller the initial uninstall was not initiated by me Metro apps uninstaled themselves at all then every so often hours or days later I would receive the same popup notification about another app having quot leftover files quot I uninstalled Iobit thinking that was the culprit but to no avail I ve ran AVG full system scan hitman pro malewarebytes microsofts quot malicious software removal tool quot they all came up clean other than the standard browser cookies now I m at the point Metro apps uninstaled themselves where the only built in app that remains is quot store quot and I cannot even open it most of the time Metro apps uninstaled themselves Immediately opens then minimizes tried reinstalling them and get a x error on all attempts while rd party apps are hit or miss I can download and install via browser with no issues at all other than having to set a default browser and reassert permission for my programs to connect to the web after every reboot I ve had no further problems but would like to be able to use the start screen and windows store Also half the time I cant even acces quot PC SETTINGS quot via charm bar same issue with opening then minimizing instantly yet quot SOMETIMES quot it works sorry for the long winded explanation but has anyone else encountered anything like this and how to fix PLEASE nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

When I went to the metro to open my apps there were white x's on the corner of them. When I clicked one of them it an error message came up saying "This app can't open, windows store can fix this". Annoyed, I re installed all my apps. I still got the same error when I tried to open the apps with the message about how I basically need to re install them. It seems to be one thing after another with this OS!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/7222-apps-wont-open-metro.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Is there some compilation batch file or something someone has made to uninstall every non-built in/"required" Metro app from Windows 10? Metro apps are not listed in add/remove programs which makes it difficult to find out which ones I can remove. Is there some other add/remove programs just for metro apps?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/61091-way-uninstall-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi

Every time I try and install any Metro app I get the error "something happened and this app couldn't be installed. I have read that some users had this problem because the time and date was wrong. mine is correct and was at the time of installation,

The laptop is a Toshiba M750 laptop with touch screen @ 1280x800. I'm logging in with a Microsoft Account, Time zone and location is set to Melbourne Australia

Any ideas would be appreciated

A:Installing Metro Apps

You could try sfc /scannow with : SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8
and also try a refresh :Refresh Windows 8
HTH.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/4198-installing-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 59.34%

hi guys!how is possible to update the apps i allrdy have installed from store?in windows 8 on store icon was showing the number of updates.in win 8.1 this doesnt work..thx.

A:Metro apps updates??

Hello Johnny,

By default, installed apps from the Store are automatically updated. If you like, you could still manually check for app updates, and install any if available and have not already been automatically installed.

Apps - Update in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/34598-metro-apps-updates.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey guys, long time reader fist post tho.
i considere myself computer "able"! but i have this stupid problem since upgrading to windows 10. upgrade went fine although when i wanted to register a new user, this new user start menu wont even open. tried many times and did many sugestions, none worked.
i realizaed after those tries that my start menu had gone maniac, ie, all windows apps show like in the picture and none works. looked around and all the solutions just dont seem to work.
anyone has any ideas (the term "outros" means "others" in portuguese!
cant also opens windows store or OneNote or anything! since i'm just about to buy an ssd i'll just probably reinstal everything! just worried this might happen again!

many thanks for your help and merry Christmas!

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/34737-metro-apps-after-1511-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I've been searching for some Metro Styled Apps for Windows 8 [apart from Windows Store) for sometime now and unable to find anything much except Genie Timeline Professional

If anyone of you have stumbled upon more such apps, please list here.

A:Metro Styled Apps

Microsoft has made Metro where you have to buy apps through the Windows store, similar to Apple's iOS. The only way you can run Metro apps without downloading them from the Widnwos Store is if you're a developer testing your own app that was developed using Visual Basic 2011 beta.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/5841-metro-styled-apps.html
Relevancy 59.34%

am trying to open word hunt but its not working. not one of the tiles do anything when i click them..

A:Metro Apps not working

Please explain your problem elaborately. Your problem can't be solved just reading what you have posted, can it be?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/7860-metro-apps-not-working.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Something happened with the Release Preview's app on my end. Everyone of them will not start up. They all continue to have live updates, but none of them will initialize and launch, except for IE10.

I've tried switching to a local account from using my Microsoft account, and then going back to the Microsoft account, no go.

I thought I could reinstall an app, but the Windows Store won't open either.

Right now, I'm sfc /scannow and hopefully that could work.

Is anyone else having issues?

A:Having issues with ALL metro apps

Hello Andy,

Double check to make sure that you have a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768 to be able to access the Windows Store and to download and run apps.

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/6678-having-issues-all-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I have installed the Dev Opening Apps not Metro Preview on my quot MSI Wind U Netbook converted into a tablet The apps in the Metro UI do Metro Apps not Opening not open when I click them and the quot News quot tile is not animated as it should be The only tiles I can click Metro Apps not Opening on are the Desktop Control Panel and non-preinstalled Windows applications like OpenOffice I asked this question on a blog and got a response saying quot Make sure your resolution is set to it's highest setting Sometimes it starts out at x and metro doesn't work in that resolution quot In the Control Panel it detects the display as quot Generic Non-PnP Monitor quot and has a greyed out resolution of x Although I'm pretty sure the desktop is displaying at x my LCD resolution Metro could be opening at x it's hard to tell Any ideas what could be causing this and why my Control Panel won't let me change resolution Any comments are greatly appreciated

A:Metro Apps not Opening

Well, the problem is your resolution is too low. It says Generic Non-PnP Monitor because it doesn't have drivers. If you find drivers, everything should start working.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/2453-metro-apps-not-opening.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Win store apps will open then close immediately I have done my own troubleshooting unfortunately to no avail Tried all suggestions listed here http blogs technet com b askperf archive what-to-do-if-your-windows- -modern-app-fails-to-start aspx http www eightforums com tutorials -apps-tiles-not-working-responding-fix-windows- -a html http www eightforums com Apps Metro Store tutorials -apps-update-windows- -a html Event Viewer Errors ID Source Apps Activation of app microsoft windowscommunicationsapps wekyb d bbwe Microsoft WindowsLive Mail failed with error The app didn't start See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI Operational log for additional information ID SOURCE DistributedCOM The server Microsoft WindowsLive Mail AppXj e v xw sf t nqr tqqb yq zsfg mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout ID SOURCE Metro Store Apps DistributedCOM The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID A B -D - F -AF -E E FEE F Metro Store Apps and APPID ADA B C-C FD- A - CC -D EFDE BE D to the user PAS skeetz SID S- - - - - - - from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool RAN STORE APP REPAIR TOOL DIDN'T SEEM TO FIX ANYTHING all drivers are up to date CHECKED LOGS With event viewer open navigate to Event Viewer gt Applications and Services Logs gt Microsoft gt Windows AppModel-Runtime Apps AppXDeployment and AppXDeployment-Server Application and Services Logs gt Microsoft gt Windows gt Applocker TEMP winstore log LOGS I HAVE logAppsACL AppLocker-EXE and DLL AppLocker-MSI and Script AppLocker-Packaged app-Deployment AppLocker-Packaged app-Execution AppModel-Runtime Apps AppXDeployment AppXDeployment-Server Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool log winstore CHECKED PERMISSIONS In Windows there is a new principle used to run Windows Apps - ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES To check for this principle right-click on a folder or file in the file system gt Properties gt Security Tab gt Advanced ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES need the following permissions to execute properly Read amp execute List folder contents and Read in the following locations C Windows C Program Files x C Program Files List folder and read data Create Folders and Append Data C Users lt userName gt AppData Local Microsoft Windows WER Read HKEY CLASSES ROOT HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Drivers HKEY LOCAL MACHINE HARDWARE HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SAM HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM HKEY USERS These all checked out Finally if all other steps fail you can try clearing the Windows Store cache by running the following command ran WSRESET EXE GOT ERROR MSG ms-windows-store PurgeCaches the app didnt start Any insight would be appreciated

Relevancy 59.34%

i have a problem with it since several days ago before u read it please notice that i'm indonesian sorry for my bad english so my problem is about UAC i know so many posts in this forum about this i have some school project how i apps with enableLUA metro set run 0? can to with photoshop for making collage and montage so how can i run metro apps with enableLUA set to 0? i need drag n drop feature on photoshop to help me doing this quickly this project makes me imported hundreds of pictures to this app one by one using file - open in photoshop to imports those pictures one by one makes me crazy the problem is when i disabled UAC completely by changing enableLUA to i cant run any metro apps which is pdf reader maps etc if i did this i can run my photoshop without administrator so drag and drop feature will works if i changed enableLUA back to all metro apps works but i must run photoshop in administrator mode coz my photoshop won't open without administrator privileges it always say quot you are not allowed to write to the registry quot it makes me cant drop any files from explorer to this app i think maybe its because explorer exe executed without administrator privileges so i cant drop anything from explorer to any apps that requires administrator privileges then i tried to end explorer task manualy by task manager and executed it as administrator but again i cant access any metro apps with this it says quot app cant open if file explorer is running with administrator privileges quot i'm stuck can anybody help me the point is i want to drag and drop to photoshop without sacrificing my metro apps no matter how again sorry for my bad english hope u all understand thanks note photoshop portable cs windows enterprise x

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/15076-how-can-i-run-metro-apps-enablelua-set-0-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Since I've not installed adobe reader, the preinstalled Reader app opened for viewing a pdf file. What is the intended method to close Reader and other metro apps? I don't see any way to do that. I don't expect we are supposed to use Task Manager to close it.

Thanks

A:How to close Metro apps?

Move your cursor to top left corner and close.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/13349-how-close-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi everyone. I'm running windows 8 on a Toshiba WT200 windows tablet. I have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8, and everything is working just fine except for the metro apps. Whenever I tried to open one of them, the loading screen for it show up for a couple of seconds, and then the screen goes black, and I get an error message that tells me my computer has to restart.

Other than that, windows 8 works fine. Just wondering if anyone knows a solution to this problem, please and thank you

A:Metro Apps Crashing

is this with all apps ,or just specific ones , on my win8pro dell tower i get some that crashed,but only free on that i have downloaded , ,i just uninstall them ,I haven't had any problems yet! with any of the microsoft pre-installed apps

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/15990-metro-apps-crashing.html
Relevancy 59.34%

How to really uninstall metro apps ? There is "uninstall" option in start screen, when you right click an app, but its a fake one as it only removes the shortcut... There still is a few gigabytes of metro apps files left after all that "uninstall".

Also, how to remove that silly apps list from app history in task manager ? There is one button inside "app history" tab, but it doesnt work...

A:How to uninstall metro apps

Did you follow the steps to uninstall the Modern Apps per this tutorial, Option 2

Apps - Uninstall Modern Apps in Windows 8

Also: clear app history

App History - Delete Usage History in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/50352-how-uninstall-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I don't have Metro (Modern) Apps (Fresh Install). How do i get it?

A:Metro Apps Problem

Hi, could you expand on that please?
You've done a clean install, so presumably you can log in and get to a desktop display.
Can you launch the start menu - left click on bottom left button? What happens?
What happens if you press Win key + X?
What happens if you press Win key + S?
What happens if you press Win key + A?
What happens if you double click on a jpg file?
What happens if you press Win key + X, click command prompt, and enter 'start ms-photos:'? (Without '')

Please post screen shots to illustrate the problem you're experiencing. Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/35052-metro-apps-problem.html
Relevancy 59.34%

So I disabled metro, but I still want to use some of the apps available from the metro window, where do I find them?

A:Disable Metro, but still use the apps?

%windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}

Metro Apps - Open from Desktop in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/3309-disable-metro-but-still-use-apps.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Okay, so I have been around the internets trying to find out how you group up apps and give those groups headings, and all of them have been wrong. One refers to a icon in the bottom right of the metro desktop that looks like a magnifying glass, I dont have that Icon there at all!

I would love any help that you guys can give so I can get to orginizing my apps better. Thanks.

A:Grouping Apps in Metro

Hello Martin, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The tutorial below can help show you how to arrange the tiles into groups and to name the groups on the Start screen.

Start Screen Apps - Organize into Groups

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/10098-grouping-apps-metro.html
Relevancy 59.34%

So I have this problem where metro apps can not see my webcam.
For example when I click the metro app for Camera it says this version is not supported with my version of windows.

When I go to Skype in metro my webcam does not work. However Skype is able to half see my webcam because its know that its my microphone and that it works.

Does anyone know how to fix this. I have the drivers and the webcam works good in desktop mode. My webcam model is a life came IV-3000 (Im pretty sure... its something by Microsoft)

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/25864-metro-apps-can-not-see-my-webcam.html
Relevancy 59.34%

For those people that are confused about running two apps at once in Metro.

Snap an app: Use two apps at the same time - Microsoft Windows
See also:
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...same-time.html

A:Video: Using two metro apps at once

Thanks. For me, the issue is that the smaller app (the one that is 320px) is in most cases too small to be usable and I cannot make it just a little bit bigger. Just far too limited in the ability to adjust to fit your monitors or the size of the application itself. Some things simply don't need to consume the entire screen from top to bottom. With metro, there is nothing I can do about that.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/12472-video-using-two-metro-apps-once.html
Relevancy 59.34%

For people who don't quite get metro apps I don't care what MS says they should be called but until they come up with a better name than quot Modern quot or quot Windows Store Apps quot i'll continue to use the name Metro consider this Metro is turning future apps are Metro the out to be the single largest motivating factor of new software development in Windows history The ability for average everyday joes to write a Metro app submit it to the store and have people BUY it and pay them is a huge motivating factor This is the same ecosystem that has driven the iOS and Android app development markets Certainly iOS has been far more successful at getting people to buy apps than Google has with Android but the fact remains that 's of thousands of apps Metro apps are the future exist for both platforms and Metro apps are quickly Metro apps are the future catching up Yes the first apps Metro apps are the future out of the chute tend to be simple and often times rather useless apps but as time goes on those apps mature and become more productive and complex Win commercial app development is all but dead and has been for a number of years If you go into a computer store all you see on the shelves are Windows Office Adobe and a thousand different anti-malware anti-virus apps Enterprise in-house development is still relatively strong in Win but even that has seen huge erosion to Web based apps and mobile apps For all but a few sectors Adobe Office etc commercial apps are nowhere to be found anymore What's a budding application developer writing code in his basement going to do to make money There are lots of quot app store millionaires quot out there who have created very nice iOS and to a lesser degree Android apps and made a lot of money selling them at - This is simply a market that is going to drive the software economy for the next decade or more So go ahead and scoff at the Windows Store Certainly the quality of apps there is inconsistent at best at the moment but in a years time things will be very different And people Will be using Metro apps more and more on tablets phones and yes on Desktop PC's The amount of opportunity for people to make money here is huge And if there is opportunity people will take it You really should keep an open mind

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/12538-metro-apps-future.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi

I'm using Windows 8 Pro from the past month or so. Suddenly, from yesterday, Metro apps won't connect to the Internet. I tried reconnecting, disconnecting and nothing worked. So, I did a clean install and they worked. But, as soon as I updated them, they stopped working. The Apps troubleshooter says I'm not connected to the internet. But, I am connected as I can use everything on the desktop. Please help

A:Metro apps don't work

Hi there!

Are you using the retail edition or Technet edition?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/10672-metro-apps-dont-work.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am a Windows 8.1 desktop/mouse user. The metro apps (may not be using right term for that) seem useful to me, but I do not like them taking up my full monitor screen to display. For example, I would like to be able to have the Calendar app display in a reduced size window on my desktop, or the Map app. I looked around for a solution, but did not find one. Presumably this is not possible? Alternatives?

A:Metro Apps on Desktop?

Hello Retexan,

If you like, you could use the snap views feature in Windows 8.1 to see multiple apps on the same screen.

Snap Views of Apps - How to Use

Hope this helps some,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/47840-metro-apps-desktop.html
Relevancy 59.34%

The skype, weather, bing news, bing health & fitness, bing finance, and, bing food & drink apps are not opening. It will show the 'app start screen' but then immediately close. I've read several things can affect it like antivirus but I have McAfee the day I bought my Lenovo Z510 (almost 2 weeks ago) and all metro apps were working fine. I have my UAC on and already did a "sfc /scannow" in cmd (run as administrator). The last resort would be refresh windows 8.1 but I don't want to.

I've spent the whole day looking for solutions but none works. Is this a known issue with no fix? Please help

A:Several Metro Apps Not Opening

Follow the suggestions in this tutorial

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/48290-several-metro-apps-not-opening.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm attempting to uninstall apps downloaded from the Windows Store, but they keep coming back. Windows Store reports updates for the apps, but attempting to update them results in an "This app couldn't be installed" error. I'm guessing the apps were uninstalled properly, so now I cannot install them nor remove them. I've been told that refreshing the PC would do the trick, but I'd rather not go through the hassle of re-downloading programs.

Any suggestions?

A:Can't uninstall apps from Metro

Hello Omlet,

Did you uninstall the Store app like in the tutorial below?

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html

If so, then you might clear the Store cache to reset the Store to see if that may help.

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/14282-cant-uninstall-apps-metro.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Just out of curiosity, can Windows Defender (or any firewall for that matter), firewall Metro apps and prevent them from connecting?

The only Metro app I've used so far is Minesweeper, and there was no notification of an attempt to connect.

A:Firewalling Metro Apps?

Depends on the firewall/how the firewall is set-up, but yes they can. The Windows firewall doesn't have a particularly user friendly interface, so I use a third party one.

For example, BingMaps (Map.exe) is stored in C:\ program Files\Windows Apps\Microsoft.BingMaps...\Map.exe, which although by default you don't have permission to open the folder, if the firewall is correctly configured will pick up that it's trying to connect to the internet via ports 80 and 443 and depending on the firewall will give you the option to block or allow. The same goes for Windows Store with C:\Windows\Winstore\WSHost.exe and C:\Windows\System32\WWAHost.exe, etc.

I don't know if some Apps share the WWAHost for their net connection or not, as I haven't really played with Apps much.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/13072-firewalling-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am using W8 Pro (French + US) retail. Clean install. Activated. UAC on. No driver issue.
System is working correctly except some Metro apps.
Metro applications pinned are updating correctly, all seems to work. Mail, explorer are working flowless.
When I try to open for example Bing Meteo or Bing Sports, they are opening but not showing the content (each frame is showing an error message).
Finance is not working at all (green screen), I tried to remove and reload the applications but some as Finance are refusing to install.

I guess that I created this mess trying to install a third party firewall.
I tried to turn off firewall (no change in behavior) and to repair with sfc /scannow without success.

Any idea... thanks in advance.

A:Problems with Metro apps

Exept SOME metro aps?

Only one Microsoft accounts is accepted. So you can only hotmail, msn or live account.
When you exit an app using the 'traditional' red cross top right (like I do for more than 20 years) is the old desktop appears.
This was metn to work with Metro App, is'nt is? But back to the Metro screen you have to close by moving your mouse in the upper right and clicking the Start icon or left of your screen on the home screen. So clumsy. That had to be the other way around.
Even if you open a, not yet Metro ready, app such as MS Office 10, then via the desktop. Not really nice.
All in all, the desktop is still too often the screen.
Then the Mail app. How clumsy can you make it! The display of the contents of your email will not fit on the screen! Moving an email, you can not drag, you need to right click and then click the folder where it should go. Cumbersome!! Some accounts are impossible to implement. Folders format of accounts taken over from original accouint. Making an extra folder is not possible. Each email account has therefore a different folder structure. Search old mails is not possible. Mail has been classified as read when you open the account and the e-mail on top.
For if you manage multiple accounts, there is no overview of all received emails.
Gmail account is in a separate map and in a map under Live???? This morning TWO maps for the same GMAIL account.
Emtying a map like Trash, you have to select all mail manualy and hit the trashcan. No button ?mpty Trash!'
Searging mail is not possible.

PDF reader has no print option! So you have to install Adobe again....
Print to PDF is not standard.

The calendar app... About the layout one can discuss, but there are plenty of examples of clearly calendars. Right above you can enter a title. Which is visible in the agenda, among you a Message Add that is not visible in the calendar until you click on the message and open. But then you can also 'Where' form. That is also visible. It is not always a meeting that is held at a certain place that you put in your diary! Sometimes it is a reminder as 'Call Piet' or 'Look after payement'! But much worse is that the message can be set to be repeated daily, weekly, etc. But nowhere can you specify how much time should be or what date!
And there is no search option to find an item. Have to back tot the Gmail agenda for that.
Free Games are no longer standard. But you can install Apps Games, but they are all commercially! For a small part to play for free, but every time you want something more is the checkout! I do not like that game, and I certainly do not pay for games I had previously always included and free could play.
Why is nobody complaining about these items?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/13593-problems-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all,

I have spend some time now to find out how to quit the new Metro Apps normally - Means don't shut them down using task Manager.

Thanks in Advance

Sincerely yours Oblomow

A:How to quit those Metro Apps

They go into "suspended" mode after you go back to whatever you were doing earlier and would presumably kill themselves if ignored long enough, only they dont.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/2312-how-quit-those-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 8 and it worked fine for a few hours and after the first automatic update the metro apps wouldn't work anymore.I just click them and they flash and don't open anything. People suggested doing PC refresh and this solved the problem but I lost all my programs and driver software so I decided to do a clean factory reset because reinstalling all those programs manually would have taken days. I reinstalled windows 8 after doing a clean factory reset and the same thing has happened. It worked fine for a few hours and I had to restart my computer for a automatic update and the metro apps wouldn't open anymore. I'm assuming its something to do with the automatic updates but I'm really not sure. Any help would be appreciated

A:Metro Apps Won't Open

I am having the same exact problem

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/10957-metro-apps-wont-open.html
Relevancy 59.34%

alright I've started to browse around 8 Windows (Metro) apps for good or great Windows apps I thought maybe a thread for people to Windows 8 apps (Metro) post apps they enjoy would help make discovery easier for people Whatever complaints you guys Windows 8 apps (Metro) have this is not the thread for that This thread is to help people find apps stuff I like streaming I like the TuneIn app even though it's really really slow at starting the stream and the iHeartRadio app tunein is various radio stations whereas iHeartRadio is ClearChannel radio stations Netflix is nice pradio for Pandora stuff Youtube is great though it does have some flaws I just discovered PrimeTube which seems to be a great youtube app as well the Tom and Jerry app Windows 8 apps (Metro) is great VideoSnacker is pretty good I like GiantBomb video gaming sports the ESPN and SportsIllustrated apps are great especially the ESPN one with a great notifications system photos editing I love Perfect a great easy to use photo editing app definitely a nice companion to Photoshop Skitch is easy to use and a lot of fun Picazoid too pictro is a good one travel i like skyscanner and flightaware miscellaneous the Yahoo app is good check out News Bento very customizable and easy to add your favorite RSS feeds MetroTwit is a pretty slick Twitter app Wikipedia is awesome much better than the browser version except for formatting of some tables the amazon app is nice if you like an app please share I'd love to add new apps would also help if you can tell us the difference between the paid version and the free trial version

A:Windows 8 apps (Metro)

Here is my list of must have Metro apps:

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/16777-windows-8-apps-metro.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Does anyone know how you can set up an account for paying for Metro Apps when you live in Australia? I tried setting up via paypal but only seems applicable if you live in the US.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/10610-paying-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with a few metro applications. They either close on launch or they don't load any internet content.

The apps I have problems with is the News, Weather and Sports, Finance and Travel. The main bunch.

My internet works fine except so I don't know what the problem is. I've also tried refreshing Windows 8 and resetting my router.

Any ideas?

Here's a profile of my net connection profile if it helps in anyway (found in Windows Powershell with the get-netconnectionprofile command) -

Name : Network
InterfaceAlias : Local Area Conne
InterfaceIndex : 12
NetworkCategory : Private
IPv4Connectivity : Internet
IPv6Connectivity : LocalNetwork

A:Some Metro Apps not launching

If you have anti-virus software installed, make sure you update to the latest version.

Also try changing your DNS servers.

I had to do both to get my metro apps working, and get them to use my network.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/11203-some-metro-apps-not-launching.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello, I just finished to install Windows 8, but I have a problem, when I want to run a Metro App as Music or Videos, the icon of the application appears a few seconds on fullscreen, and it closes. I read that it was because of the resolution of the computer, that metro apps requires at least 1024*700 to work, but my computer is on 1600*900, and I tried 1024*768 and 1366*768 and it didn't work, so I don't know what to do.
Thanks for your help ! (and sorry for my English )

A:Metro apps don't working

I've only ever had one app crash on me. It worked again after re-opening it. Since then, no problems.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/4423-metro-apps-dont-working.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Got some strange problems with Metro apps, when some apps won't load. The problem is occuring only sometimes, sometimes it loads blazely fast.

Just asking, not a very important problem for me, because I'm not using Metro apps so much, but still, it's probably a bug.

A:Metro apps won't load

You could try a Refresh using this Tutorial:
Refresh Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/4143-metro-apps-wont-load.html
Relevancy 58.91%

i need your help.

my vaio vgn-cr320e has problems with sound. it is perfectly okay during start up, i hear the start up sounds before loging and after loging and as the microsoft narrator will open and i would close it, all the sound would be gone.
even if i play music from itunes or produce system sounds, it won't work. already went through the device manager and everything is perfectly functioning except that no sound will come out from the speakers.

what could be the problem in here?

if i reboot the system, the start up sounds will be there again but will eventually stop sounding after some time..

help, please...

thanks in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vaio-laptop-stops-sounding-everytime-after-closing-microsoft-narrator-262169.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Close Threshold for Metro Apps is a must-have tool for all Windows 8 users. It allows you to improve ways of Metro apps closing. You will able to do much smaller mouse movements/touch "swipes" to close any app.

Source

A Guy

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/8343-close-threshold-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi folks. Any way to drag the metro apps that show up in the main screen to my secondary screen? THanks.

A:Drag Metro Apps to second monitor?

Originally Posted by fuzzyreets

Hi folks. Any way to drag the metro apps that show up in the main screen to my secondary screen? THanks.

At this time the Metro start page and Metro applications will only run on one monitor, you may, however, choose which of your monitors to use. Other monitors will display the traditional desktop.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/6057-drag-metro-apps-second-monitor.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I installed my RTM Technet Win 8 pro as an upgrade of my Win 7 ult.

Everything was golden... For awhile.

After uninstalling some stuff that I wouldn't use/and or designed for tweaking Win 7, etc, some metro apps no longer work.

But.. Some do.

Example: Minesweeper works, but won't "login" to xbox live.
But, the store app, flashes up, drops back to start.

At one point, when doing all the installs and uninstalls, I disabled UAC, but when done, re-enabled it.

Would Avast Internet security mess with metro (or whatever it's called now) apps?

A:Metro apps stopped working? Not all tho.

It was AVAST Internet Security.

BE careful uninstalling. It has keyboard hooks that don't uninstall......

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/8793-metro-apps-stopped-working-not-all-tho.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I've had to buy Games and Apps Metro, Windows 8, a new laptop unfortunately Windows 8, Metro, Apps and Games it Windows 8, Metro, Apps and Games came with Windows now don't get me wrong I'm not one of those who resist all change but I'm having a serious problem Windows assumes that everyone has a decent internet connection and everything but EVERYTHING in Metro does everything by downloading and is interactive with the internet I live in rural Ireland and Windows 8, Metro, Apps and Games as far as the internet goes we are barely out of internet speeds This means that Metro Apps are intensely frustrating I've so far spent hours waiting for the simplest things to load My main grievance is that ALL games books etc are interactive there is absolutely NO WAY I can use for example the quot Solitaire Collection quot which appears to be one of the simpler Apps Every time I open an App I just get the screen filled with the same icon colour as the App icon and then it stays like that for hours I'm presuming something is supposed to happen other than that I tried downloading and running the classic solitaire games but those won't run under Windows even using Compatibility they all complain that Vista Emulation dll is missing I put that in it won't register and they still don't work Is there any known workaround for this I need games as executables not as Apps I'd be perfectly happy with the standard game that came with Windows HELP I've been quot promised quot by Eircom that they are going to install high speed phone lines since within weeks months etc but that's never going to happen we've still got the loose twisted copper wire that won't take ISDN I tried posting this in the Microsoft Community forum but it refused to Submit

A:Windows 8, Metro, Apps and Games

You can get the Windows 7 games fr Windows 8, see here: Windows 7 Game Pack on Windows 8

Also, if you install Classic Shell (free) or Start8 ($4.99) then you can have the Start button as it was in Windows 7 and boot directly to the Desktop. You can still play with Metro stuff but it's not forced on you.

Windows 7 Gadgets are also available if you want them: 8GadgetPack - Gadgets for Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30640-windows-8-metro-apps-games.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a question, is there a way to transfer metro apps from say Developer Preview to Consumer Preview or Release Preview. My kids kinda like Tree House Stampede and Tube rider.

A:How do I transfer Win 8 DP Metro apps to Win8 CP or RP

I don't remember what games are in Consumer Preview.
As to Win 8 Release Preview, there are no games available.... except the XBox Live.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/6790-how-do-i-transfer-win-8-dp-metro-apps-win8-cp-rp.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi am a rather experienced user of windows since dos and and computers since i I have a current problem of my metro apps are useless and do not work start with not apps Help (found working, possible cause)? metro but immediately close I've tried a few solutions desktop size update Help with metro apps not working, (found possible cause)? drivers delete OLE key run apps diagcab To no avail On my upgrade install they work fine until i run the following commands which I almost always do after a semi-fresh upgrade sfc scannow secedit configure cfg windir inf defltbase inf db defltbase sdb verbose net localgroup users myusername add Somehow this must break permissions or something and make the rpc server timeout i've yet to find a solution and would rather not do another upgrade install nor esp a refresh Surprisingly running the following command in both C windows system and C windows syswow does not produce the broken metro apps so I am a little lost with what is causing this For F s in 'dir b dll' do regsvr s s

A:Help with metro apps not working, (found possible cause)?

Originally Posted by Drathian

On my upgrade install they work fine until i run the following commands which I almost always do after a semi-fresh upgrade:

1) sfc /scannow
2) secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose
net localgroup users myusername /add

Somehow this must break permissions or something; and make the rpc server timeout, i've yet to find a solution, and would rather not do another upgrade install nor esp a refresh.

Surprisingly running the following command in both C:\windows\system32 and C:\windows\syswow64 does not produce the broken metro apps so I am a little lost with what is causing this:

1) For /F %s in ('dir /b *.dll') do regsvr32 /s %s

I would strongly suggest you stop doing at least the second item:

How do I restore security settings to a known working state?

Beginning with Windows Vista, the method to apply the security during operating system setup changed. Specifically, security settings consisted of settings defined in deftbase.inf augmented by settings applied by the operating installation process and server role installation. Because there is no supported process to replay the permissions made by the operating system setup, the use of the ?secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose? command line is no longer capable of resetting all security defaults and may even result in the operating system becoming unstable.

You're probably (unknowingly) breaking something that made sense in 2001 with NT+PlugAndPlay (aka WinXP), but nowadays will very likely break things. Also, running regsvr32 on a directory like system32 isn't necessarily a good idea either, as not everything in there should be registered that way, and could mess with the settings that setup had otherwise configured for that component in the registry.

I can't think of a good reason why you'd do either of those things by default either, honestly. Those are all very archaic things that you haven't needed to do for at least 6 or so years now.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/12513-help-metro-apps-not-working-found-possible-cause.html
Relevancy 58.48%

i have two monitors, and when i move a metro app on my second screen
it suddenly flickers on my first screen like a screenshot of the screen before i moved to the second screen, while being frozen on the second screen, it will still recognize mouse clicks, but it wont update the screen.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/13737-metro-apps-dual-screen.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hiya,

I have a Dell Inpiron 15R SE which came with the 750GB WD HDD. I made an image of the system removed the HDD, Installed SSD and restored the image.

Windows start up fine but there seems to be lots of small problems, The metro App store is not working and there are no Metro Apps in the start menu as well which came with the computer. Its also not letting me refresh the PC, when i try to refresh the PC it says files missing insert disc at start up. I dont have a recovery disk it was just the .wim image file which i have which i restored again and still the same problem.

Need advice ASAP

I just need to get the Windows 8 App store working, is there an installation file which i can use to reinstal it?

A:Metro Apps not working after migrating From HDD to SSD

Information

We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
Recovery Drive - Create with USB Flash Drive in Windows 8
System Repair Disc - Create in Windows 8

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

Take a look at page 99.
ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/Common/in...uide_en-us.pdf

You can order OEM Recovery disks from your OEM manufacturer's website.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/15957-metro-apps-not-working-after-migrating-hdd-ssd.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey,

I am new to Windows 8. I kinda like the Modern UI, but sadly now every time I open a Modern App it crashes to Desktop and I have to launch it a second time for it to work ....

I completely disabled UAC and Windows Firewall as I hate them totally annoying. I read on here that UAC is REQUIRED to run Modern Apps ... I can safely say it is NOT the case coz I re-enabled it to no avail still same annoying issue xD

The weird thing is that they work great when I run them from Stardock's Start8 menu ... But if I try to run them from Modern UI they simply just crash xD

I tried every single "Solution" posted here and M$ support community to no avail ....

Any ideas ?

A:Weird Metro Apps Issue

UAC needs to be set to Medium for apps to work correctly.

Make sure a third-party anti-virus program is not hampering your apps.

Make sure that Stardock program is windows 8 compatible

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/12231-weird-metro-apps-issue.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Just updated two computers to Win 8.1. I have the same user profile on both computers. After finishing the 8.1 update, I can't access any metro-style screen (including PC settings) on either computer. I've tried running SFC and no issues were found. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/33574-cant-access-any-metro-apps-pc-settings.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hey folks while setting up my metro start menu i've run into another issue which is bothering me normally the alignment of icons apps in the menu is always starting from the top left to the lower right the first app will always be placed at the top the second one always below the first etc is there any way or tool to place the apps where i want to i e bottom center nd of top etc i cannot believe that this isn't implemented from the very start really o O being some sort of deskmodding whore this is actually rather crucial for me so i'm hoping for some positive answers i know there's some sort of workaround by using oblytile and creating quot blank quot app tiles with a proper snippet of the metro background as tile icon but that's between metro apps? allowing space gonna become rather feasible when you're switching around wallpapers or apps more often so i'd like to avoid it if possible thanks regards jan

A:allowing space between metro apps?

Hi there pakZ, und ein sehr guten Tag gew?nscht!

Actually....you already provided the answer yourself ==>

i know there's some sort of workaround by using oblytile and creating "blank" app tiles with a proper snippet of the metro background as tile icon; but that's gonna become rather feasible when you're switching around wallpapers or apps more often, so i'd like to avoid it if possible.

It is not (yet) possible to influence the position of the tiles in Start, except via the workaround as described in the quote. Perhaps the Blue update, beeing released this summer, will bring more modification options. We will see!

Greetz,

Rover

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/24058-allowing-space-between-metro-apps.html