Windows Support Forum

proxy settings are re-enabled automatically in LAN settings ...

Q: proxy settings are re-enabled automatically in LAN settings ...

i connected my laptop to wifi, for first few days everything went fine but suddenly one day my every(edge,chrome,firefox) browser showed a connection error saying 'unable to connect to the proxy server' i searched to internet and came to know about the proxy settings on LAN tab ( to uncheck the same ). i did unchecked and it worked !! but not for too long after a bit of surfing again the browser refused to connect with the same problem and when i again went to the LAN tab in internet options i found that the 'use proxy' was checked...... now thats unusual!. so.... whenever i am to surf the internet i must uncheck the proxy button again and again.i have also noticed that my browser homepage is also changed to some malicious ad website... please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/proxy-settings-are-re-enabled-automatically-in-LAN-settings/td-p/5645203
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: proxy settings are re-enabled automatically in LAN settings ...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 100.62%

Where does a computer look to get its proxy info is you set it to automatically detect proxy settings?

I thought that the most likely place would be the dhcp server, but that seems not to be the case.

A:Automatically detect proxy settings.

If you don't know what computer is running your proxy server, then you most likely don't have a proxy server on your network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatically-detect-proxy-settings.440681/
Relevancy 100.62%

Widows 7. Premium. Last night I logged off my computer. All was well. This morning I cannot connect to my wireless network. Furthermore it is not showing any of the other networks I know are around. Running the troubleshooter results in the message that Windows could not automatically, detect the network's proxy settings. It is not an ISP issue as this tablet (and two smartphones) connect without a problem. In Device Manager there are two network adapters showing, 802.11n Wireless PCI Express' Card LAN Adapter and Intel(R) 82578DC Gigabits Network Connection, both of which are said to be working OK. I have tried a system restore with no effect. The PC is, in fact, connected to the router via a Netgear mains wire system. The lights on plugs at both ends are showing three greens.

Relevancy 100.62%

Greetings I'm using Windows on an HP Pavilion PC My problem is that in LAN settings I cannot use automatic configuration I select change automatically Proxy settings and save that option but when I check it after a short time I see that Use proxy server for your LAN is selected automatically I change it but the same thing happens I suppose the problem began when I installed Hotspot Shield but although I've uninstalled it the problem persists Could anyone help Thanks in advance I've run FRST The addition txt is attached to this post and here is the Proxy settings change automatically log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by admin administrator on HP on - - Running from C Users admin Downloads Platform Windows X OS Language T rk e T rkiye Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Normal The only official download link for FRST Download link for -Bit version http www bleepingcomputer com Proxy settings change automatically download farbar-recovery-scan-tool dl Download link for -Bit Version http www bleepingcomputer com download farbar-recovery-scan-tool dl Download link from any site other than Bleeping Computer is unpermitted or outdated See tutorial for FRST http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the Proxy settings change automatically fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM stacsv exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries C Program Files x Garmin Core Update Service Garmin Cartography MapUpdate CoreService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dasHost exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL Jhi service exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine nis exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine nis exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x RocketTab Client exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files IDT WDM Beats exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries C Program Files x Garmin Express Tray ExpressTray exe CyberLink C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc P G exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe Apple Inc C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework HPSA Service exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Connected Remote HPConnectedRemoteService exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components FWService IntelMeFWService exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Connected Remote HPConnectedRemoteUser exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows WinSxS amd microsoft-windows-servicingstack bf ad e none fa dd b e TiWorker exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run BeatsOSDApp gt C Program Files IDT WDM b... Read more

A:Proxy settings change automatically

Hello,please give HitmanPro a shot:Please download HitmanPro 32-bit / HitmanPro 64-bit by SurfRight and save it to your desktop.Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.Right-click onicon and select Run as Administrator to start the tool.If the program won't run please run it while holding down the left CTRL key until it's loaded!Click on the Next button (1). You must agree with the terms of EULA (2 - if asked).Check the box beside "No, I only want to perform a one-time scan to check this computer" and click on the Next button. (3)The program will start to scan the computer. It would only take several minutes.When the scan is done click on Save Log (4) and close HitmanPro! (5)Copy and paste the content of the log file in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548277/proxy-settings-change-automatically/
Relevancy 100.62%

Hi Ive got a problem at a school that I work at weve just installed the new wireless conrtroller from netgear its working great The network is pier to pier they didnt have a server previously but Ive put a server in just to setup DHCP on the network What they want is for quot Joe Bloggs quot to be able to come into the school with Settings Automatically Proxy Configuring his laptop and connect to the wireless network and use the internet straight away they can connect fine and the DHCP works but all schools have Configuring Proxy Settings Automatically a proxy server of quot proxy lancsngfl ac uk quot and port quot quot so to get on the internet each laptop that comes in would have to input the proxy server in seperatly I know you can deploy proxy settings via group policy but these laptops are not on the domain is there any programs or any other way that we can get the proxy settings on automatically Thanks for any help in advance Joe nbsp

A:Configuring Proxy Settings Automatically

duplicate of http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic115675.html

please continue in the other post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/configuring-proxy-settings-automatically.115727/
Relevancy 100.62%

Hello. Yesterday my network connection suddenly stopped working. It just says 'limited access'. I hadn't used the machine all day, but I think some updates have been installed while I was away. I've searched for solutions but nothing that Ive found has worked. The operating system is either vista or 7. I can't remember. Thanks

A:Cannot automatically detect proxy settings

and welcome to the Forum

Hi please follow the instructions here and upload all the info Pre-posting Requirements - for both Wired and Wireless Connectivity Issues
this will give us more to work with

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-automatically-detect-proxy-settings-959465.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Hi Ive got a problem at a school that I work at weve just Configuring Settings automatically Proxy installed the new wireless conrtroller from netgear its working great The network is pier to pier they didnt have a server previously but Ive put a server in just to setup DHCP on the network What they want is for quot Joe Bloggs quot to be able to come into the school with his laptop and connect to the wireless network and use the internet straight away they can connect fine and the DHCP works but all schools have a proxy server of quot proxy lancsngfl ac uk quot and port quot quot so to get on Configuring Proxy Settings automatically the internet each laptop that comes in would have to input the proxy server in seperatly I know you can deploy proxy settings via group policy but these laptops are not on the domain is there any programs or any other way that we can get the proxy settings on automatically Thanks for any help in advance Joe nbsp

A:Configuring Proxy Settings automatically

Nobody any ideas at all ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/configuring-proxy-settings-automatically.115675/
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi, I have been struggling with this issue for the past two days. I do not want to reset my computer. Ever since two days ago, my internet browsers (google chrome and IE- which I never use) have been nonfunctional. It says "unable to connect to the proxy server" and when I tried unchecking the box and hitting "OK", it automatically reselects the box. 

I have tried running several anti-malware devices such as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and AdwareCleaner. MBAM has given me a lot of PUP.optionals that I have quarantined, however; when I run AdwareCleaner it shows that YTDownloader and OneSoftPerDay, etc. has been detected and deleted, but after the restart it still shows they are there if I run Adwcleaner.

Please help. 

A:Proxy Settings Automatically Changed.. Virus?

Hi & to Bleeping Computer Forums!My name is Jürgen and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems. Before we move on, please read the following points carefully: My native language isn't English. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.Please read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 5 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.Step 1Please run a FRST scan. This will help us diagnose your problem.Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.(If you are not sure which version (32-/64-bit) applies to your system, download and try to start both of them as just the right one will run.)Start FRST with administator privileges.Make sure the option Addition.txt is checked and press the Scan button.When finished, FRST will produce two logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool was run from.Please copy and paste these logs in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566840/proxy-settings-automatically-changed-virus/
Relevancy 99.33%

Can someone please give me some guidance on how to get rid of this? I've tried everything that I can think of, and can't figure out what's causing the changes to revert back automatically. I can use firefox to get around the proxy settings, but nothing I try is helping with the system proxy settings.

Any help is apreciated.

A:Proxy settings keep automatically changing to 127.0.0.1:8800

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/557403 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557403/proxy-settings-keep-automatically-changing-to-1270018800/
Relevancy 99.33%

I have read post after post with people having the same problem I am but their settings are different and I'm not able to complete the same steps. Could someone please help me with my setup? I have posted information I think you will need below.

A:Windows 8 cannot automatically detect proxy settings

Similar problems on other posts have required this information...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-cannot-automatically-detect-proxy-settings.1143313/
Relevancy 99.33%

i've used internet in my lap for almost 3 years now and i've not encountered with any issues until now...
i normally connect my laptop with some network using either wi-fi or LAN but then it doesnt work and when i check the LAN settings then the Use proxy settings tick box turned on... when i untick the box and begin surfing it works for sometime and again my network doesnt work.... when i check the same it's automatically turned on... dunno whats the prob.. pls help :'(
And i thank you guys for helping out so much whenever i have an issue with my PC seriously guys u fellas are doing a really grt work...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/use-proxy-settings-tick-box-automatically-turns-on.1098306/
Relevancy 99.33%

i've used internet in my lap for almost 3 years now and i've not encountered with any issues until now...
i normally connect my laptop with some network using either wi-fi or LAN but then it doesnt work and when i check the LAN settings then the Use proxy settings tick box turned on... when i untick the box and begin surfing it works for sometime and again my network doesnt work.... when i check the same it's automatically turned on... dunno whats the prob.. pls help :'(
And i thank you guys for helping out so much whenever i have an issue with my PC seriously guys u fellas are doing a really grt work...

A:Use proxy settings tick box automatically turns on

I would refer this thread to the security/malware forum because it seems to be due to malware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/use-proxy-settings-tick-box-automatically-turns-on.1098256/
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi there before I start I would like to thank Nasdaq as following the post below it fixed my initial problem of the proxy settings reverting http www bleepingcomputer com forums t proxy-settings-keep-changing-infected I just have a concern with a couple of the folders removed this is my work computer and although I have the highest access possible beyond the majority of the Indian based IT department I worry about causing any problems within the network when folders such as Proxy - changing automatically Settings Malware C Windows Microsoft are completely removed I'll post the logs below I just don't want an e-mail from IT saying I'm in trouble for deleting stuff I'm not supposed to ADWCLEANER - Didn't actually create a log after scan but didn't remove anything I would say would cause a problem JUNKWARE REMOVAL TOOL Junkware Removal Tool JRT by Thisisu Version OS Windows Enterprise x Ran by Z B on at Services Registry Values Registry Keys Successfully deleted Registry Key HKEY CLASSES ROOT Interface EDC C - B B- - E- BAD C Successfully deleted Registry Key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Classes s Successfully deleted Registry Key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Classes updater amiupd Successfully deleted Registry Key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Classes updater amiupd Files Folders Successfully deleted Folder C ProgramData boost interprocess Event Viewer Logs were cleared Scan was completed on at End of JRT log COMBOFIX ComboFix - - - Z B - x Microsoft Windows Enterprise GMT Running from c users Z B Desktop ComboFix Proxy Settings changing automatically - Malware exe AV Trend Micro OfficeScan Antivirus Enabled Updated D EF - B-C - F-F D E A C SP Trend Micro OfficeScan Anti-spyware Proxy Settings changing automatically - Malware Enabled Updated E F C-A -C D -ABCF-CAAB C SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Resident AV is active Other Deletions c users Z B AppData Local assembly tmp c users Z B AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files plot log c users Z B AppData Roaming Origin c users Z B AppData Roaming Origin local xml c windows MICROSOFT c windows MICROSOFT SystemUpdatekb Installer dll c windows MICROSOFT SystemUpdatekb InstallerLibrary dll c windows MICROSOFT SystemUpdatekb Newtonsoft Json dll c windows MICROSOFT Proxy Settings changing automatically - Malware SystemUpdatekb SQLite Interop dll c windows MICROSOFT SystemUpdatekb System Data SQLite dll c windows MICROSOFT SystemUpdatekb win reg c windows MICROSOFT SystemUpdatekb WindowsUpdater exe c windows System drivers etc services bak c windows System drivers etc services bak Drivers Services ------- Service SystemUpdatekb ------- Service SystemUpdatekb Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d--h--w- c windows AxInstSV - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x MSR - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows ERUNT - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Lavasoft - - - - ----a-w- c windows system MRT exe - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata HitmanPro - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Malwarebytes - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Z B AppData Local Programs - - - - -------- d-----w- C Application Data - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Origin - - - - -------- d-s---w- c windows system CompatTel - - - - ----a-w- c windows system aepdu dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system aeinv dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system shell dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system mshtml tlb - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow mshtml tlb - - - - ----a-w- c windows system mshtmled dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system mshtml dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows SysWow Adobe Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows RegBootClean exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow FlashPlayerCPLApp cpl - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow FlashPlayerApp exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow MSSTDFMT DLL - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow MSCOMCTL OCX - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow WindowsAccessBridge- dl... Read more

A:Proxy Settings changing automatically - Malware

Nevermind, apparently yes it had. IT now know and my laptop is being rebuilt.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536706/proxy-settings-changing-automatically-malware/
Relevancy 98.47%

hi today i deleted some viruses with malwarebytes and like i had to restart my computer so when i did i logged back in and i see my internet wasnt working so i went to go check if my other computer was connected to the internet and it was so i click troubleshoot problems and it says this Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings....... and i dont know what really to do am frustrated so can anyone please help me because i really dont know what to do thank you

A:Windows could not Automatically detect this network proxy settings ;[

Alecooly, Welcome to Sevenforums. Hopefully I can be of assistance.

If you use Internet Explorer, try this method: Internet Explorer - Reset

If that doesn't work, try this:
In an elevated command prompt (in start menu search, type cmd, right-click it and select run as administrator), Type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes. Restart your computer. If that doesn't work either, follow the same method but instead type "netsh int ipv4 reset" without quotes. Let me know how this works. Does your updated regular antivirus and updated malwarebytes pick up any other viruses?

You might try a system restore to a point that was before the viruses were present.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/199515-windows-could-not-automatically-detect-network-proxy-settings.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hello This is my first thread on Seven Forums woot I am not very tech savvie at all SO I really might need handholding throughout this entire process Hopefully you'll be able to help Turned on my PC Internet not working All other PCs in the house still connect mine doesnt even pick up that anything is there When I troubleshoot it comes up with quot Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings I've been to about different threads about how to fix the problem They either don't work or completely loose Windows detect proxy settings could not network's automatically this me on their th prescription I've ran virus checks on my Avira Antivirus software coming up Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings with nothing I have downloaded about suggested virus software things to no avail I have tried system rebooting but it Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings says that it was unable to complete the process I'm kind of at a loss here I kinda rely on the internet for work I'm having to do this via my friend's mac Ugh Macs so any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

Hi Kojib and welcome to Seven Forums.

More info will be helpful.

Did you install anything prior to this happening? Such as drivers, updates, anti-virus etc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286470-windows-could-not-automatically-detect-networks-proxy-settings.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi I have seen a lot about this issue not proxy 8 detect automatically this settings network's win could Windows and I have tried many things The difference with mine is that the message windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings comes up and then seconds or minutes later the browser comes up IE or Chrome and I can surf I have tried the following chkdsk ipconfig reset and renew netsh winsock commands kinds Installed chrome so I could determine it wasn't just IE Called Lenovo who said Malwarebytes was the cause it wasn't Lenovo deleted all temp files temp reset IE ran the following commands Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings win 8 I might be missing Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings win 8 some nomenclature cleanmgr inet cpl and something like nepa Talked with building management and they assured me their network is stable and AP's are working well I do have a strong signal The computer only does this at the apartment it's fine Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings win 8 elsewhere Ideas I could use some There's got to be something in the configuration at my building Hmmmmmmmmm

A:Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings win 8

How are you connected, wifi or Ethernet?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578672/windows-could-not-automatically-detect-this-networks-proxy-settings-win-8/
Relevancy 98.47%

I just recently got a clean install of windows and a few days later my internet stops this Windows automatically not could proxy network's settings detect working It stopped working in the middle of the night so I just didn't think much of it and went to sleep I thought it fixed itself when I went on in the morning as the internet worked perfectly fine Then the day after my internet starts working really slowly getting an average of ping when I try pinging google through my cmd I opened the troubleshooter and it came up with Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings I've searched all over the internet and the only two solutions I could really find were to turn off my proxy settings through the lan settings and to check for viruses I used mrt to scan for viruses and it came up with nothing I checked my lan settings and I wasn't on a proxy The only other solution I found was going through my regedit to the directory Computer HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft CurrentVersion Internet Settings and deleting the files ProxyEnable and ProxyServer I deleted ProxyEnable but I couldn't find a ProxyServer in the folder The issue happens at random times Sometimes I have an average ping of ping and other times it can be up to But in both scenarios the error persists

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621056/windows-could-not-automatically-detect-this-networks-proxy-settings/
Relevancy 98.47%

Alright So here is the rundown I have Windows Ultimate I always have ran Malwarebytes Daily and RegCure I had a trojan make it past network's settings Windows automatically this could proxy not detect Malwarebytes so I decided to give Avast a try Didnt like Avast so Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings I uninstalled it and went back with Malwarebytes Malwarebytes didnt get it out so I have Hitman Pro when I need it Got the Trojan out Now when windows loads Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings it fails to load my Proxy Settings Then I run the troubleshooter and it tells me this Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings So I tried all the netsh resets and it didnt help Tried winsock Nothing helped Went into DevManager and nothing is grayed and no exclamations I unistalled the drivers for the net card and wifi card and restarted to let them reinstall Nothing still I opened Network Connections NOTHING shows up I also overwrote the Sys file nlasvc dll and nothing happened I am pretty computer literate but this one has me truly stumped Any info would be greatly appreciated as this computer houses my life website folders and everything else I would really rather not reinstall unless I exhaust all other options Here is a screen shot of ipconfig all

Here's what I came up with, so far. Maybe it will help?

How to reset your Internet Explorer proxy settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/225483-windows-could-not-automatically-detect-networks-proxy-settings.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I was able to get rid of a virus that had been downloaded into my computer, but now when I try to connect to the internet it is "unable to display the page". When I diagnose the connection problems I get a message that says "windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings".

When I go to the control panel, then Network and Internet, then Internet Options, then Connections, and LAN settings the only box that is checked is "Automatically detect settings".

Can you help me fix this? My other laptop connects to the internet just fine, and when I called Comcast for help they said it was a problem with my computer and not my internet connection.

A:Windows Could Not Automatically Detect This Network's Proxy Settings

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

What exactly did you do to clean your computer?

If necessary, download the tools to USB drive on another computer and transfer them to your desktop.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Also...

Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure "Include All Files" option remains checked.
Press "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-could-not-automatically-detect-this-networks-proxy-settings-617578.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Yesterday I was setting up a VPN with one of the friend but I got error so I searched Google and found a solution which required me to delete Winsock and Winsock from registry editing a line in nettcpip inf file I got as far as editing it but found out I could not save it at all because Windows does not give user permission to edit this file I saved it on desktop instead and tried to install from there it did not go as planned automatically Windows settings. proxy this not detect could network's and nothing really changed after I restarted Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings. the computer and voila the internet died on me IE could not get a connection disagnoises says Windows could not automatically detect this network s proxy settings Also any program that uses IE interface like some of my game that login though a web style launcher will say not connected to internet But other than the IE parts firefox works fine and I can go on msn skype etc This is really getting on my nerves since I cannot login to my games anymore I have tried to reset with netsh for winsock ip tcp protocols basically anything I could find on the internet nothing worked I also tried to reset IE do default with no luck Proxy is not checked in the settings PS To make things more complicated my CPU usage has been really high ever since I screwed the internet up I get idle usage around - with nothing open with resource manager I can see that service exe is taking most of that idle usage No idea why someone please help me on this I really do not want to reinstall my system nbsp

A:Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-could-not-automatically-detect-this-networks-proxy-settings.1047093/
Relevancy 98.47%

I'm not good with computers so sorry if I explain this badly. I am running Windows 7 and I use a ZyXEL ZyAIR G-220 Wireless USB adapter for internet. I had a virus called something like Cloud AV 2012 so I used Malware Bytes to remove it and it worked just fine. However, now the internet does not seem to work (there's that yellow triangle with the exclamation point) and when I try to run diagnostics, the message "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings" comes up. So far, I've tried rebooting, disabling proxies in all of my browsers, and running scans, but nothing seems to work... Please help, this is urgent! And I also cannot system restore, because apparently windows security was turned off and there are no restore points

Here is a picture of the "ipconfig", as most people who tried to help me have asked for this.

check the firewall / security suite that maybe blocking - what do you have or ever had in the past on the PC ?

also do a tcp/ip reset
------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
and press enter

Reboot the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Please note and post back - if you receive the message
Access is Denied

Post back the results here - we need to know these commands worked correctly
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-could-not-automatically-detect-this-networks-proxy-settings.1028588/
Relevancy 98.47%

Hello everyone This will be my first post so be patient with me if I miss to give any information that you might need now in the beginning I've had this issue for some time where my wifi in Windows bit says quot Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings quot when I troubleshoot it After I started to get this message when I troubleshooted proxy detect settings Windows could network's automatically not this the wifi my internet connection and my latency has been really bad and unstable I've tried to google it and applying all the quot fixes quot I could find on the internet with no luck of fixing my problem I'm connected through a brand new router with a brand new wifi USB receiver that both are ASUS devices They're also in the top end of the spectrum so I don't think it's they who are messing with my internet because when I ping my router directly I have no issues The problems really show when I'm streaming videos or play Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings games online where Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings my ping can rise up to over - ms then drop down to my normal ms that I had before this issue appeared I've tried to reinstall all of my wifi drivers but no luck there I am connected to the internet but as I said before it's a really slow and Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings bad connection My ISP contract is a mbit s contract and I do get that when I use those quot connection sites quot that test your internet connection however streaming is almost impossible especially live content like twitch I've included a picture of my quot ipconfig all quot screen if that'll help you see what might be the problem Cheers in advance Gum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-could-not-automatically-detect-this-networks-proxy-settings-1158929.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I ve contracted some time of malware that is sporadically causing google search link redirects and keeps resetting my firefox amp chrome settings to Redirect Proxy changing / Google settings automatically use the proxy server port I ve run Malwarebytes Anti-malware Google Redirect / Proxy settings changing automatically SuperAntiSpyware AVG now removed from my computer Norton Endpoint both in normal and safemode At different times they ve found different various viruses but no matter how many times I remove things something comes back As far as my proxy settings go I keep turning off the proxy only to have it come back on in firefox and chrome after restarting the browser or Google Redirect / Proxy settings changing automatically my computer I ve also run TDSSKiller both before and after various other scans in safe mode and not and every time it s found nothing I tried running RKUnhooker but at startup it gives Google Redirect / Proxy settings changing automatically me the error quot Error loading driver NTSTATUS code xC and then exits the program Also tried GMER exe but at startup it gives me the error quot C Windows Systme config system The system cannot find the file specified quot and most of the options on the right column are greyed out I m not sure if some of the above errors are due to me running the bit version of Windows I ve saved the logs of most of the scans removals I mentioned above and provide them as necessary Several times in different programs issues with svchost exe and shell exe have been identified Could use some help at this point b c I m out of ideas Here is my DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSX Run by RussellB at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP SUPERAntiSpyware disabled Updated A C- - e- F- E AC DA Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exeC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Windows system FBAgent exeC Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey ASLDRSrv exeC Program Files ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXEC Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Program Files P G BatteryLife exeC Program Files x ASUS ControlDeck ControlDeckStartUp exeC Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exeC Program Files x ASUS Wireless Console wcourier exeC Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon sensorsrv exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exeC Users RussellB AppData Local Temp dwm exeC Program Files x AmIcoSingLun AmIcoSinglun exeC Users RussellB AppData Roaming Microsoft svchost exeC Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection ProtectionUtilSurrogate exeC Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exeC Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey HControl ... Read more

A:Google Redirect / Proxy settings changing automatically

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349887/google-redirect-proxy-settings-changing-automatically/
Relevancy 98.47%

I have Windows and yesterday I lost all network access I have boxes and a network printer hardwired to my router and laptops and a box via wireless all are working fine except automatically networks Windows not settings. this proxy could detect for one I hooked up a laptop via hardwire to the plug this box uses and had no problems Put in a network card thinking it might be the OB lan but it did not work When I tried to repair the connection it gave me the quot Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings quot I read Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings. the forum post and tried some of the fixes netsh winsock reset no change netsh int reset The following command was not found int reset Tried the flush that was posted no change Echo on pushd windows system drivers etc attrib -h -s -r hosts echo localhost gt HOSTS Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings. attrib r h s hosts popd ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig flushdns netsh winsock reset all netsh int ip reset all shutdown -r -t del I ran the ipconfig and this is all that came up Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt cd C Windows gt cd C gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Bedroom Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No C gt I ran a scan with my Zone Alarm Extreme Security V with nothing found I tried to do a restore back to a point a couple of weeks ago when the thing was working and it would not finish the restore I'm at a loss

A:Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings.

Quote: Originally Posted by rwrose

I have Windows 7 and yesterday I lost all network access.

I have 2 boxes and a network printer hardwired to my router and 2 laptops and a box via wireless, all are working fine except for one.

I hooked up a laptop via hardwire to the plug this box uses and had no problems. Put in a network card thinking it might be the OB lan but it did not work.

When I tried to repair the connection it gave me the "Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings".

I read the forum post and tried some of the fixes.

netsh winsock reset = no change
netsh int4 reset = The following command was not found: int4 reset.

Tried the flush that was posted= no change

@Echo on
pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc
attrib -h -s -r hosts
echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib +r +h +s hosts
popd
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ip reset all
shutdown -r -t 1
del %0

I ran the ipconfig and this is all that came up

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Windows\system32>cd..
C:\Windows>cd..
C:\>ipconfig /all
Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Bedroom
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
C:\>

I ran a scan with my Zone Alarm Extreme Security V 9.3.037.000 with nothing found.

I tried to do a restore back to a point a couple of weeks ago when the thing was working and it would not finish the restore.

I'm at a loss!

The correct command to see the entire networking interface is ipconfig/all

If you can post the output from that command it may be helpful.

For the proxy error message, Check Internet Options (from Control Panel or Internet Explorer Tools / Options /Connections Tab / LAN Settings and make sure Proxy Server is unchecked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/309773-windows-could-not-automatically-detect-networks-proxy-settings.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I am on Comcast. I am on my second motherboard, I have re-installed many, many times.

when I right click the network icon in the lower right hand of the screen and choose "troubleshoot problems" I get "Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings".

Windows technical support logged in for an hour or so and could not resolve this issue...can anyone on here help?

thanks,

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/40586-windows-could-not-automatically-detect-networks-proxy-settings.html
Relevancy 98.47%

-University Campus Wifi
-Windows 7
-Wifi used to work
-Realtek RTL8192CE Wireless LAN
-Enabling/disabling did nothing
-updating drivers did noting
-system restore did nothing
-Works very very slowly or not at all
-Other devices work very well

Note: Must log in and install certificate to use wireless.
I have attached ipconfig /all

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382648-windows-could-not-automatically-detect-networks-proxy-settings.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hello everyone,

I posted this topic in the internet and networking section. It seems my PC is infected so they told me to post my problem here.
You can see my problem here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537357/windows-could-not-automatically-detect-this-networks-proxy-settings/#entry3403350

The last thing i did was a scan with emsisoft.

I also said that i had internet acces in safe mode.

Its been a while since i have this problem!

Thank you for your help.

A:Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings

Gen:Trojan.Heur.RP.kibdaiynM2ki
Backdoor.Generic.133720
E:\Programas\[CRACK].vray.1.50.sp2.for.3d.studio.max.2009.x64-patch [Made & Released by DarK AvengeR]
Backdoor.Generic.133720
Trojan.Generic.8250631

Just these few (serious) listed infections are enough for me to ask you to post to Malware Removal Forum area.

Please follow the instructions in this Preparation Guide starting at Step #6.
NOTE - If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper DDS logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it to =>Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs area -

If HelpBot replies, please follow its Step #1 and the team will be notified.

Tell me when you post the new topic so we can close this one and only let the Experts fix your problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538800/windows-could-not-automatically-detect-this-networks-proxy-settings/
Relevancy 98.47%

Hello everyone It has been a few weeks i can't use internet on my PC I have wireless internet it constantly goes online and offline automatically not detect proxy Windows network?s this settings. could Sometimes it won't connect to the internet for hours When Windows could not automatically detect this network?s proxy settings. i restard my wireless conection i can have a few seconds of internet but it does not happen too often I'm still able to use the wireless connection with a laptop So it is not the router This is what i have tried so far Tried System Restore Reset TCP IP Uninstall TCP IPDid Windows troubleshooter Problems found Windows could not automatically detect this network s proxy settings I also did SFC scannow it says it found some issue but couldn't fix them Did not specified what kind of issues i Cannot acces the CBS log As administrator ran CMD netsh winsock reset catalogSucessfully reset the Windows Catalog netsh int ip reset reset log hitThere s no user specified settings to be reset Thank Windows could not automatically detect this network?s proxy settings. you in advance for any assistance you can provide

A:Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings.

Check Internet Options (from Internet Explorer> Tools> Options>Connections Tab>LAN Settings
 and make sure Proxy Server is unchecked.
Check for malware http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Post the output of ipconfig /all

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537357/windows-could-not-automatically-detect-this-networks-proxy-settings/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hello For the past days I Proxy automatically malware Unable resetting. programs, to run Settings have been have issues with my Asus laptop It has an intel core i processor and I am running on bit windows The setting quot Use a proxy server for your LAN These Unable to run malware programs, Proxy Settings automatically resetting. settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections quot automatically checks itself every few minutes which is EXTREMELY annoying as it prevents me from being Unable to run malware programs, Proxy Settings automatically resetting. able to access internet from anywhere I have tried using my laptop at different locations with internet but the same problem occurs every time Also Something has been preventing me from running malware antivirus programs on my computer So far The only program that I had used to try to fix this problem is the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware program But sadly After running it only once it never was able to run again Also after reading the quot Everyone MUST read this BEFORE posting for help in this forum quot thread I tried running all the programs that were required but only the GMER program was able to run I will continue to try to run the programs that I am required to run while I wait for further instructions Thanks in advance Dee Here are the contents of ark txt the only program that I was able to run GMER - http www gmer net Rootkit scan - - Windows Service Pack x Device Harddisk DR - gt Device Ide IdeDeviceP T L - Hitachi HTS A E rev JE OA A GB Running z t k zk exe Driver C Users AppData Local Temp uxddrpob sys ---- User code sections - GMER ---- text C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Windows syswow PSAPI DLL GetModuleInformation bytes text C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Windows syswow PSAPI DLL GetModuleInformation bb bytes text text C Windows SysWOW CCM CcmExec exe C Windows syswow PSAPI DLL GetModuleInformation bytes text C Windows SysWOW CCM CcmExec exe C Windows syswow PSAPI DLL GetModuleInformation bb bytes text text C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection ProtectionUtilSurrogate exe C Windows syswow PSAPI DLL GetModuleInformation bytes text C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection ProtectionUtilSurrogate exe C Windows syswow PSAPI DLL GetModuleInformation bb bytes text text C Windows sysWOW wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows syswow PSAPI DLL GetModuleInformation bytes text C Windows sysWOW wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows syswow PSAPI DLL GetModuleInformation bb bytes text text C Program Files x Pando Networks Media Booster PMB exe C Windows syswow kernel dll SetUnhandledExceptionFilter b bytes C C text C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Windows syswow PSAPI DLL GetModuleInformation bytes text C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Windows syswow PSAPI DLL GetModuleInformation bb bytes text text C Program Files x Microsoft Office Communicator communicator exe C Windows syswow USER dll SetProcessDPIAware e fcb bytes JMP e text C Program Files x Microsoft Office Communicator communicator exe C Windows SysWOW d d thk dll OsThunkDdWaitForVerticalBlank eb b bytes B E text C Program Files x Microsoft Office Communicator communicator exe C Windows SysWOW d d thk dll OsThunkDdWaitForVerticalBlank eb be bytes B E text C Program Files x Microsoft Office Communicator communicator exe C Windows SysWOW d d thk dll OsThunkDdWaitForVerticalBlank eb c bytes B E text C Program Files x Microsoft Office Communicator communicator exe C Windows SysWOW d d thk dll OsThunkDdWaitForVerticalBlank eb cd bytes B E text C Program Files x Microsoft Office Communicator communicator exe C Windows SysWOW d d thk dll OsThunkDdWaitForVerticalBlank eb cf bytes B E text C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe C Windows syswow PSAPI DLL GetModuleInformation bytes text C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe C Windows syswow PSAPI DLL... Read more

A:Unable to run malware programs, Proxy Settings automatically resetting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-run-malware-programs-proxy-settings-automatically-resetting.1099425/
Relevancy 97.18%

Our current Windows 8/IE10 tablets apply a group policy which sets up the IE proxy configuration and prevents users from changing that configuration.
This is done using the settings "Prevent changing proxy settings" and "Disable changing automatic configuration settings" (located at computer configuration\administrative templates\windows components\internet explorer).
With Windows 8.1/IE11, the proxy server settings are still greyed out in the LAN settings dialog box under Internet Options\Connections in the desktop IE environment.
However in 8.1 the proxy settings can also be accessed from the Settings charm: Settings - Change PC Settings - Network - Proxy.  From this location, ordinary users can modify and save changes to the proxy configuration.
Is there any way to lock this down?

A:Locking down IE proxy settings under PC Settings\Network\Proxy on Windows 8.1

Update on this - a very helpful Microsoft engineer came back with a workaround which, while not ideal, is a lot better than letting users change their proxy settings.
When I said I was going to post it here, the engineer said to make sure I started with the statement that Binary registry keys as used in this solution shouldn't generally be messed about with, and that editing the registry without first backing it up may
also lead to plagues of locusts, etc.  All the usual disclaimers, so use this at your own risk.
His solution, which we've tested, involves switching from per-user proxy settings to per-machine proxy settings. 
The Microsoft workaround word for word is:
The first thing we need to do is to export the following registry key from a machine that has the correct proxy settings set.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections
This contains the following 2 binary registry keys which have the connections settings: ?DefaultConnectionSettings? and ?SavedLegacySettings?
The next step is to open the newly exported .reg file and to change the path:
From: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections
To: HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections
For a test on a single machine you can manually change this, from elevated cmd: regedit <file>.reg
For a bigger scale you can create a script to deploy the file containing the binary registry keys from the .reg file we exported with the path HKLM.
The final steps as discussed we need the following policy applied:

http://gpsearch.azurewebsites.net/#683

the policy is not being applied correctly then deploy the Registry Item directly:
If
HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
ProxySettingsPerUser
Dword
Value=0
We have the following values:
0 -> policy set at machine level.
1 -> policy set at user level.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7d420c66-2e89-43d7-b136-baf5f69690f1/locking-down-ie-proxy-settings-under-pc-settingsnetworkproxy-on-windows-81?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi,
Yeah, you may think this seems like just a normal message from oc'ing too much, but a problem-I haven't overclocked anything! It booted to that point, then my hard drive went mad clicking and crashed. This was after it being turned on and off to see if my graphics card was booting because I had no video, but it turned out I had just been downright stupid and plugged it into the onboard graphics. Anyone know what could have happened? Thanks

P.S. would the power drawing thing (molex on my case fan) need to have a seperate connector or just draw power from another device? Thanks.

A:'Previous overclock settings failed, default settings enabled'

If this happens just once then I wouldn't worry about it too much but the PSU or HDD could have something to do with it.

You can connect a molex connector fan to its own power connector or you can put it on an optical drive's connector for example, but it's ok to do either as they don't use much power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/previous-overclock-settings-failed-default-settings-enabled.94954/
Relevancy 92.88%

There is a These in settings. should Failed registry! change to proxy settings never internet software Failed to change internet proxy settings. These settings should never in registry! which often changes the proxy settings so I decided to config the internet settings registry right to reject the proxy settings But When I decided to delete this software and return the rights back I suddenly found that I can not change the proxy settings manually The detail is that I change the auto proxy url to let my pc use a pac file and I don't want any softwares to change However when I decided to give the rights back and try to change the url back it never success and even the same when i'm sure I have cleared this url in the whole registry but it back as it never changes I check the registry rights twice or more to make sure that the rights has given back just like it originally should be But it never works So the result is I have to clear and reinstall the WINDOWS AGAIN Never should you save such information both in registry and somewhere I don't know Or you should let these stuffs out of the registry

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7d3d441e-3bce-413f-96a0-160f279da2f6/failed-to-change-internet-proxy-settings-these-settings-should-never-in-registry?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 92.88%

I had a virus or spyware that I resolved. Sorta.. It changed my global proxy settings I since then changed internet explorer and firefox back but the GLOBAL settings are still jacked cuz programs like windows update and msn messanger can not connect now due to this ...alkjshdfoehjwqofaw how do I fix this pls help!!!!

A:Spyware changed my proxy settings now my global settings are messed up

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new thread, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/spyware-changed-my-proxy-settings-now-my-global-settings-are-messed-up-379061.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Problem description Basically I woke can "Windows detect settings" not this automatically proxy network's up this evening to a computer that could not access the internet The diagnose tool came up with nothing despite the exclamation point over my connection in the toolbar so I went into device manager and discovered a whole host of errors Microsoft ISATAP adapters and WAN miniport devices along with my realtek card were under error with a yellow exclamation point I did an "Windows can not automatically detect this network's proxy settings" avast scan which found and deleted bitcoin mining viruses which was weird as I hadn't noticed anything untoward when I went to bed After the attempted fixes below mostly the reinstal of my lan drivers my realtek says it's working fine in device manager the other things are still under errors but now when I diagnose "Windows can not automatically detect this network's proxy settings" my connection it says windows can't automatically detect my proxy settings I did not set up "Windows can not automatically detect this network's proxy settings" any proxies Attempted fixes Full system scan of avast netsh commands in cmd flushdns reinstalling lan drivers reinstalling chipset drivers looked in both firefox and windows network internet options to make sure that no proxies are enabled None are Can't do a system restore either as I seem to have only one restore point that doesn't work In the properties of my adapter ICP amp both have have obtain IP and DNS address automatically checked in the advanced tab DHCP is enabled and automatic metric is checked Recent changes No hardware changes recently -- Operating system Windows home premium bit System specs My motherboard is a MSI ZH A-G with a Realtek lan I am at my wits end please help

A:"Windows can not automatically detect this network's proxy settings"

Are the driver issue now resolved?

Have you reset the router?

Shutdown PC
Switch off router
Wait 10mins for cooling
Switch on Router
Wait 5mins for connecting ISP side
Switch on PC

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/298350-windows-can-not-automatically-detect-networks-proxy-settings.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I m using my old laptop now On my regular laptop my internet icon has the yellow triangle and when I trouble shoot it the message says quot automatically not network's settings." proxy this could detect "Windows Windows could not automatically detect this network s proxy settings quot Any idea what the problem I googled it and none "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings." of the solutions seem to help I think my computer is infected with malware right now It is heating up quickly and I m seeing ads in text in websites that don t do that cbc reddit wikipedia I had this issue a couple of months ago but Spybot seemed to fix the issue Recently I noticed my computer was heating faster and hotter than usual so I ran a search again and it said no threats were found Not too long after I start noticing the ads again so I know there is a problem I have ran the search twice since then and still nothing I was advised to use ccleaner malwarebytes and Super Anti-Spyware It removed one other threat but the problem was still there I then started using combofix but I did not like the look of it so I stopped that scan It seemed a little sketchy As of this morning I m having the internet problem My old laptop the one I m on now and my girlfriend s laptop work fine I connected it with the Ethernet cord and that didn t change anything I have Windows It s on a Samsung I m not very tech savvy so I m not sure about all the other details I primarily used Firefox but I just switched to Googlechrome this week well after the problems began Anyone have some solutions Should I post this in the virus section Thanks a lot to anyone that can help nbsp

A:"Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-could-not-automatically-detect-this-networks-proxy-settings.1083926/
Relevancy 88.58%

hello. i have a windows 7 professional 32 bit
i have been having problems trying to connect to the internet today. last night it was perfectly fine
it either says identifying... unidentified network. when i troubleshoot it says windows cannot automatically detect this network's proxy settings
my other netbook (the one i am using right now) can connect as well as other computers here, to the same network
i tried connecting through a cable but it also says unidentified network.
for six hours i've been trying solutions i've read but to no avail. i tried system restore but it keeps on failing.
please help. thanks

A:UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK windows could not automatically detect network's proxy settings

i used this with win7 to overcome the problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/71408-unidentified-networks-set-private-public.html?filter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-windows-could-not-automatically-detect-networks-proxy-settings.1098970/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello all I have had a problem for about days now which has rendered me completely unable to gain Intenet access on any network when two other devices in the house A netbook and DSi can connect and browse no problem The reason I am posting on this particular forum is because on Google searching my problem I found this thread http forums detect settings" network's could automatically No access, proxy not Internet "Windows techguy org networking -solved-laptop-suddenly-not-connecting html The user who posted the thread has exactly the same problem as No Internet access, "Windows could not automatically detect network's proxy settings" me as well as the exact same laptop Samsung R- and a D-Link router like me Though somehow her problem was solved by her Father she didn t specify how and I m the only computer literate one in the house and so it s up to me only In case you couldn t be bothered to read the thread linked above here is some info on No Internet access, "Windows could not automatically detect network's proxy settings" my problem most likely more in-depth than the above user It started off one morning being constantly stuck at at quot Identifying quot on the Network pane in the Toolbar and not granting any access to the Internet Upon troubleshooting it came up with the detected error quot Windows could not automatically detect this network s Proxy settings quot More recently I have managed to get rid of the quot Identifying quot status by entering and in the respective IP address Subnet mask Default gateway and Preferred DNS Server sections in the IPv Properties I am not sure why I did it but I think I saw someone say it on a forum and adapted it to my own PC s settings Even though doing so has removed the quot Identifying quot status there is still no Internet access when the signal strength is full and it says it is connected Also connecting to the network via Ethernet still has the quot Identifying quot status for some reason Info on computer and other PC Samsung R- Laptop given via Home Access Grant Approx years old OS Windows Professional x Router D-Link DSL- Wireless Router I am happy to give more information if it means you are able to help me out more like the ipconfig all and such Thanks for reading and also thanks in advance for helping out Oh and also thanks for your patience since being I can be a little clueless about things at times nbsp

A:No Internet access, "Windows could not automatically detect network's proxy settings"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-windows-could-not-automatically-detect-networks-proxy-settings.1033984/
Relevancy 88.58%

Problem could proxy connection automatically detect not problem: "Windows Internet settings" I can t connect to the Internet on my laptop a Internet connection problem: "Windows could not automatically detect proxy settings" Dell Inspiron running Windows Premium Internet connection problem: "Windows could not automatically detect proxy settings" The error message in IE reads quot Windows could not automatically detect this network s proxy settings quot This is a new sudden problem this week after connecting before just fine My laptop quot sees quot the wireless network just fine with a good signal strength My other computers are using the same wireless networks without problems On the laptop when I look at Wireless Network Connection Status General tab it says Connection IPv Connectivity Internet IPv Connectivity No network access Media State Enabled SSID berman the network which my other computers are using just fine Things I ve tried already -Reset Internet Explorer settings -Rebooting in Safe Mode with Connections -Disabling firewall McAfee -Making sure Proxy server is not checked in Local Area Network LAN settings in Internet Options When I do ipconfig all C Users Bonnie gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name BOBWHITE Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain invalid Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C- - - -A - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C- - - -A - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain invalid Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address C- - - -A - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d c e bf f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday August PM Lease Expires Wednesday September AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -AA-EF- - -B -FD- -AF-A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -B -FD- -AF-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C- - - -A - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap domain invalid Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain invalid Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes When I do test pings C windows system gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C windows system gt ping www google com Ping request could not find host www google com Please check the name and try a gain nbsp

A:Internet connection problem: "Windows could not automatically detect proxy settings"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-problem-windows-could-not-automatically-detect-proxy-settings.1063877/
Relevancy 86.86%

I logged on two days ago and FF could not connect - I had to go in and change the settings back to auto detect My yahoo cannot connect and won t let me change it to do so My Avira won t update and won t turn on changing settings and Proxy FF settings keep too! other to run at all Malwarebytes won t update either MY logs are posted below My computer blue screened the first time I ran the DDS - I FF Proxy settings keep changing and other settings too! saved the error if I need to post that too I re-ran it and it run the second time Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program FF Proxy settings keep changing and other settings too! Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg FF Proxy settings keep changing and other settings too! exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C WINDOWS RtHDVCpl exe C Windows system schtasks exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS System igfxpers exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https webmail windstream net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG win ini load C Users Kelly AppData Local Temp csrss exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - no file O - BHO Search Toolbar - D -D - -BAB -AB A - C Program Files Search Toolbar SearchToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Yontoo Layers - FD E- FDE- D-A A- BAB CAD - C Program Files Yontoo Layers Client YontooIEClient dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D... Read more

A:FF Proxy settings keep changing and other settings too!

Somebody please help me.. I am desperate here. I have to use this computer to do my job at home!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ff-proxy-settings-keep-changing-and-other-settings-too.1007105/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello.  Recently I was downloading some software
from a survey and learned that a lot of that stuff contains
viruses.  Well I went to uninstall it, and when I did
I can no longer use the internet, and it gives me a proxy error.
When I go to change the proxy settings it has it saved to "<-loopback>" and
the address is "http=127.0.0.1:59943;https=127.0.0.1:59943"
Whenever I try to change it, it doesn't save.  And it is
I'm typing this from my girlfriend's unaffected computer.
I try running Maleware Bytes, but it doesn't run, and I can't seem to get into safe
mode on this computer for some reason.  
I'm running Windows 8.1, and oddly enough I see no suspicious background processes.  
That's my problem, if someone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it. 

A:Proxy virus. Won't let me change or auto-detect proxy settings

Please do the following.  Please download and run RKill RKill is an easy to use tool that kills known processes and removes Windows Registry entries that stop a user from using their normal security applications.  These settings will remain until the computer is rebooted, for this reason you must run the security application before the computer is rebooted.   Please download RKill and install it. When RKill is run it will display a console screen similar to the one below:  When RKill has finished running a log will be displayed showing all of the processes that were terminated by RKill. Attention:  At this time you need to run the software posted below. While RKill is running you may see a message from the malware stating that the program could not be run because it is a virus or is infected.  This is the malware trying to protect itself.  Two methods that you can try to get past this and allow RKill to run are: 1)  Rename Rkill so that it has a .com extension. 2)  Download a version that is already renamed as files that are commonly white-listed by malware. The main Rkill download page contains individual links to renamed versions.   After all of the scans have run successfully you should reboot the computer to restore the processes and Windows Registry entries.   Please run Malwarebytes AntiMalware Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  After clicking on the link the download will start automatically. 1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation. 2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan. If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan  You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.   3)  The scan will automatically run now.   4)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Quarantine All, then click on Apply Actions   5)  To complete any actions taken you will be asked if you want to restart your computer, click on Yes   6)  Please post the Malwarebytes log. To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.  To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items.  Copy and paste this in your next post.  Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop. 1.  Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.  2.  Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature, and Detect TDLFS file system. If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now.  3.  Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run.  4.  If threats are detected select Skip or Cure (if available) for all of them unless otherwise instructed. ***Do NOT select Delete! Click on Continue.  5.  Click on Reboot computer. Please copy the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt file found in your root directory (typically c:\) and paste it into your next reply.  Please run the ESET OnlineScanThis scan takes quite a long time to run, so be prepared to have the time to allow this to run till it is completed.***Please note. If you run this scan using Internet Explorer you won't need to download the Eset Smartinstaller.***Click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551844/proxy-virus-wont-let-me-change-or-auto-detect-proxy-settings/
Relevancy 82.56%

I have been struggling with a malware changing my proxy settings to http wpad com gr proxy pac This affects my system proxy settings in PC Settings - Networ - Proxy - Use Automatic Configuration Script ON - Acript Address Please changing Malware http://wpad.com.gr/proxy.pac my proxy help settings to http Malware changing my proxy settings to http://wpad.com.gr/proxy.pac Please help wpad com gr proxy pac I have used TDSKill and it deleted a file router exe from my windows folder And Adware Cleaner removed some registry entries alongside some folder in Chrome that has something like AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Malware changing my proxy settings to http://wpad.com.gr/proxy.pac Please help Local Storage https static olark com Then after resetting my settings and manually turning off Automatic Configuration Script in PC Settings everything was fine and my google searches were back to A day later it changed I scanned with Adware cleaner and it found same stuffs I cleaned And it s back again Please help me Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Xtian administrator on ASUS on - - Running from C Users Xtian Desktop Loaded Profiles Xtian Available profiles Xtian amp Baux amp Administrator Platform Windows X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Egis Technology Inc C Program Files x Common Files EgisTec Services EgisTicketService exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey AsLdrSrv exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS ASUS InstantOn InsOnSrv exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dasHost exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL Jhi service exe Nitro PDF Software C Program Files x Nitro Pro NitroPDFDriverService x exe Nalpeiron Ltd C Windows SysWOW NLSSRV EXE ReviverSoft C Program Files ReviverSoft Start Menu Reviver StartMenuReviverService exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer Service exe VIA Technologies Inc C Windows System ViakaraokeSrv exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe Connectify C Program Files x Connectify ConnectifyService exe Connectify C Program Files x Connectify Connectifyd exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControl exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS ASUS InstantOn InsOnWMI exe ReviverSoft C Program Files ReviverSoft Start Menu Reviver StartMenuReviver exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center ipoint exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center itype exe ASUS C Program Files ASUS P G BatteryLife exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS USBChargerPlus USBChargerPlus exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey KBFiltr exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKOSD ATKOSD exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Media DMedia exe ASUSTeK Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update LiveUpdate exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe VIA C Program Files x VIA VIAudioi VDeck VDeck exe VIA C Program Files x VIA VIAudioi VDeck viaaud exe ASUSTeK Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Smart Gesture QuickGesture x QuickGesture exe AsusTek C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Smart Gesture AsTPCenter x AsusTPLoader exe ASUSTeK Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Smart Gesture QuickGesture x Qui... Read more

A:Malware changing my proxy settings to http://wpad.com.gr/proxy.pac Please help

Hi. My name is Brian, and I would be happy to look into your issue.

- General Instructions -
Please read all instructions and fixes thoroughly. Read the ENTIRE post BEFORE performing any steps so you understand all that needs to be done.
I would advise printing any instructions for easy reference as some of the fixes may require you to boot in Safe mode. Access to these instructions may not be available in Safe Mode.
Any fixes provided by myself are for this log file only and should not be used on any other systems.
Do not run any other removal software or perform updates other than the ones I provide, as it will complicate the cleaning process.
It's very likely that part of our cleanup will include emptying your recycle bin. If you use your recycle bin as an archive and do not wish this to be emptied, please let me know.
You have 4 days to reply to each post or the topic will be closed.
Please feel free to ask any questions, especially if you are having problems with my instructions.
- Save ALL Tools to your Desktop-

All tools that I have you download should be placed on the desktop unless otherwise stated. If you are familiar with how to save files to the desktop then you can skip this step.

Since you are continuing with this step then I assume you are unfamiliar with saving files to your desktop. As a result it's easiest if you configure your browser(s) to download any tools to the desktop by default. Please use the appropriate instructions below depending on the browser you are using.Google Chrome - Click the "Customize and control Google Chrome" button in the upper right-corner of the browser. Choose Settings. at the bottom of the screen click the
"Show advanced settings..." link. Scroll down to find the Downloads section and click the Change... button. Select your desktop and click OK.Mozilla Firefox - Click the "Open Menu" button in the upper right-corner of the browser. Choose Options. In the downloads section, click the Browse button, click on the Desktop folder
and the click the "Select Folder" button. Click OK to get out of the Options menu.Internet Explorer - Click the Tools menu in the upper right-corner of the browser. Select View downloads. Select the Options link in the lower left of the window. Click Browse and
select the Desktop and then choose the Select Folder button. Click OK to get out of the download options screen and then click Close to get out of the View Downloads screen.NOTE: IE8 Does not support changing download locations in this manner. You will need to download the tool(s) to the default folder, usually Downloads, then copy them to the desktop.

- Finally Before We Start-

Removing malware is a complicated multiple step process, Please stay with me until I have declared your system clean. I strongly recommend you backup your personal files and folders. Although rare, attempting to remove malware can render your machine unbootable or cause data loss. Having backups of your data is your responsibility. Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.

OK, let's get started. Please do the following.

Step#1 - Warnings
CCleaner
I see that you have CCleaner installed. This is indeed a good product but I wanted to caution you on running the registry cleaning functionality of the tool. Please avoid this as it can do more harm than good.

The Dangers of P2P Programs
IMPORTANT: I noticed that you have a P2P (Peer to Peer) file sharing program on your computer. I cannot stress highly enough the danger in using these types of programs. P2P programs are one of the major avenues of infection these days. The files downloaded with these programs are more than likely infected with trojans, malware, rootkits, etc.
You run the risk of getting an infection that can compromise your sensitive data, such as financial records, personal information, etc. That is just the infecti... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568394/malware-changing-my-proxy-settings-to-httpwpadcomgrproxypac-please-help/
Relevancy 81.7%

eb_win10proxy-1.png   37.74KB
  0 downloads

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Home (Premium) didn't find anything.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Emsisoft Emergency Kit seemed to have found something very relevant. I deleted the file and restarted but it keeps appearing in 'Automatic proxy setup' :/

eb_win10proxy-2.png   17.41KB
  0 downloads

A:http://ɴ.net/proxy.pac appearing in Windows 10 Proxy settings

Hello kingmustard and Welcome to the BleepingComputer.
My name is Yılmaz and I'll help you with the cleanup of malware from your computer.
Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.
Please complete all steps in the specified order.
Even if tools don't find malware, I want you to post the logfiles anyway.
Please copy and paste the logfiles directly into your posts. Please do not attach them unless you are instructed to do so.
Read the instructions carefully. If you have problems, stop what you  were doing and describe the problems you encountered as precisely as  you can.
Don't install or uninstall software during the cleanup unless you are told to do so.
If you can't answer for the next few days, please let me know. If  you haven't answered within 5 days, I am assuming that you don't need  help anymore and your topic will be closed.
I can not guarantee that we will find and be able to remove all  malware. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review  my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic
As my first language is not English, please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to understand.
Please open as administrator  the computer. How is open as administrator  the computer?
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, as they will  interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do  this, please refer to get help here
Thanks

Do you use any VPN software?=
============================
Please do the following:

İnternet explorer:
Internet Explorer 9, 10 and 11 (Win) - Clearing Cache and Cookieshttps://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141Next >>How to reset Internet Explorer settingshttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/923737

================================================================
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Make sure the following option is checked:
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
Sincerely  .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613357/http%c9%b4netproxypac-appearing-in-windows-10-proxy-settings/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello I found this topic (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600543/strange-entry-in-lan-proxy-settings-that-i-cannot-delete) that dealt with the same issue that I had but it has since then been closed, so I cannot reply. My problem is identical, my LAN settings keep being changed to include "http://ɴ.net/proxy.pac". But I don't seem to have installed the same programs as the other user, so my infection must have come from something else. I have downloaded Malewarebytes, ADWClaner but it's still there. So I have Farbar Recovery Scan and RogueKiller ready to go. I'm ready to provide any information and files that are needed to help me get this thing off my computer!

A:LAN proxy settings keep changing (http://ɴ.net/proxy.pac)

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Follow This Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Follow This Topic. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.Finally, please reply using the Post button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.I will be analyzing your log. I will get back to you with instructions.Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.Please copy and paste log back here.The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605558/lan-proxy-settings-keep-changing-http%c9%b4netproxypac/
Relevancy 77.83%

So here is the problem I suddenly have - did use always bluetooth to synchronize calendar and contacts with Outlook 2007 on my PC and my mobile phone. Today suddenly the sync option has dissapeared, and when I go to settings from bluetooth tray icon, sync with Outlook is disabled. I enable all settings, click apply, OK, then I re-open settings window and all is disabled again What can it be? I'm out of ideas what to do now. So far did try:
updated broadcom bluetooth drivers
deleted phone from pc and re-added
re-installed Outlook
Nothing has helped. Under XP (I have dual boot) I am able to use sync without any problems, just 7 doesn't more let me I am using built in Administrator account with UAC and DEP and such stuff all disabled.
Any ideas?

A:Bluetooth settings will not stay enabled

Check in services.msc to see that these dependencies are enabled:

Quote:
Dependencies:

What service Bluetooth Support Service needs to function properly:
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)(S, HB, HP, P, U, E)
DCOM Server Process Launcher(S, HB, HP, P, U, E)
RPC Endpoint mapper(S, HB, HP, P, U, E)

Windows 7 Service Configurations by Black Viper

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/67611-bluetooth-settings-will-not-stay-enabled.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi all First post here I've been using or should I say tweaking win for a few day now and there are a few quirks features despite settings regkeys changed Enabled and that I can't seem to wrestle down I prefer my OS very plain no effects animations etc The two or three features that I'm having problems with right now Enabled features despite changed settings and regkeys is Delete confirmation dialog is enabled even though it is unchecked in recycle bin's settings Aero Peek is enabled even though I have disabled it in Performace Options If I rightclick at the right far end of the taskbar peek at desktop is greyed out If I rightclick the taskbar and select properties quot use peek quot is unchecked DisablePreviewWindow in registry is set to In Group Policy Editor there is no quot Desktop quot folder I ran the bat-file at Peek at Desktop - Turn On or Off in Windows but now I get a tooltip on top of the preview Since gpedit msc is not included in this win version I installed it according to Enabled features despite changed settings and regkeys this guide Windows Cannot find Gpedit msc Windows - Fixed What am I missing Tooltips can't be disabled in this OS either thanks Chris

A:Enabled features despite changed settings and regkeys

Do a bing search for 'God Mode for Windows 8', and create a desktop link. It will allow you to change a multitude of system settings, without having to search for the right menu or do all the right clicking and experimenting to find where to do them.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56058-enabled-features-despite-changed-settings-regkeys.html
Relevancy 75.68%

when i open my home page which is yahoo, detecting proxy settings is a message that appears above the taskbar. should i be concerned?

A:proxy settings

You probably dont have a Proxy server on your network if you are at home. But the box may be checked.

Tools > Internet Options > Connections > Lan Settings

You can probably uncheck the box that says Automatically detect settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/proxy-settings.421848/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi all My sisters laptop was absolutely full of adware spyware trojans you name it Some application called winservice Proxy settings PUP kept re-installing itself and her browser was essentially useless due to Proxy settings PUP some nasty proxy redirect I noticed also that in the LAN connections tab there was a notice saying that some services are managed by your system Proxy settings PUP administrator I'm used to seeing this on domain machines which get their proxy settings through GPO but this machine is not a member of any domain To make matters worse I'm in Ireland but she is in Scotland I managed to sort out most of the problems I think using a combination of Malwarebytes ADWCleaner and HitmanPro but the proxy issue persists I have looked for threads on BleepingComputer to see if I could resolve it but the solutions seem to be specific to the individual users pcs So I'm opening this thread in the hope that someone can help me I'd greatly appreciate any assistance that anyone can give me Here is the FRST log I'll also attach the additon txt and the Mbam log from when it was really dirty if that helps Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Lorraine administrator on LORRAINE-PC on - - Running from C Users Lorraine DesktopLoaded Profiles Lorraine Available profiles Lorraine Platform Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Vosteran Boot Mode NormalTutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe Seiko Epson Corporation C Windows System escsvc exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform OSPPSVC EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION C Program Files EPSON Software Event Manager EEventManager exe SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION C Windows System spool drivers w x E FATILFE EXE SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION C Windows System spool drivers w x E FATILFE EXE Google Inc C Users Lorraine AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe BitTorrent Inc C Users Lorraine AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files TeamViewer Version tv w exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Desktop exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run BCSSync gt C Program Files Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run MSC gt c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run EEventManager gt C Program Files Epson Software Event Manager EEventManager exe - - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION HKU S- - - - - - - Run EPLTarget P gt C Windows system spool DRIVERS W X E FATILFE EXE - - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION HKU S- - - - - - - Run EPLTarget P gt C Windows system spool DRIVERS W X E FATILFE EXE - - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION HKU S- - - - - - - Run Google Update gt C Users Lorraine AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe - - Google Inc HKU S- - - - - - - Run uTorrent gt C Users Lorraine AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe - - BitTorrent Inc AppInit DLLs C PROGRA D caso dll gt C PROGRA D caso dll - - br BootExecute autocheck autochk bootdelete br GroupPolicy Group Policy on Chrome detected lt ATTENTION br CHR HKLM SOFTWARE Po... Read more

A:Proxy settings PUP

Greetings fistikuffs and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Your computer is heavily infected. There is evidence of pirated software on your system and I am going to request you remove it before we take any further steps. Please let me know if you are willing to remove it and, if so, let me know when that has been accomplished and we will address your issues.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564899/proxy-settings-pup/
Relevancy 75.68%

Please help i am attempting to download internet explorer 5.5. I get half way through the download and then i get an error message saying that it cannot complete the download due to my network settings, however if i know my PROXY SETTINGS? i can enter those. PLEASE HELP!! Thanx

PS: Thanks for answering my other question so quickly and even i understood and managed to do it!!

Relevancy 75.68%

Am getting tired of it.... for couple weeks or so alot of times internet wouldn't work due can not connect to proxy server so I always uncheck the box "auto connect to proxy settings" or something like that and it always have a check on it.... how can I leave it off? It getting so annoying. Thanks in advance!

A:Proxy settings

Scan your system for malware. That shouldn't be getting auto-checked.

Firstly, run a scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware (the Free version is fine, you don't need to activate the Pro trial). Scan with it, delete whatever it finds, reboot and post the log here. Download it from here:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

Secondly, run a scan with AdwCleaner. Same as above, scan with it, delete what it finds, post the log file here. Download from here:
AdwCleaner Download

Thirdly, run a scan with HiJackThis. Run it as Admin, pick the "scan and generate log" option, and then post the logfile here. Do NOT remove ANYTHING unless told to do so, as removing the wrong entry can damage your system. Download it from here:
HiJackThis | SourceForge.net

http://www.techist.com/forums/f50/proxy-settings-275147/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,
I've windows 2003 network at my office with XP clients. Xp clients browse internet using proxy and proxy is setup using logon script. Now for some reason in few machine scripts loads but only the proxy settings disappears .. i also tried putting the settings manually but still it disappears after some times or if u restart ..
Any idea?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/proxy-settings.597548/
Relevancy 75.68%

Ok, wow this is gonna suck to explain, but bare with me. Ok, now I go to www.soundclick.com alot, and you have to stream songs to listen, now it used to work, but then I installed A-Squared Guard, and Outpost Firewall.

And I didn't stream for awhile, and I tried to stream and it's all messed up, I get an error message that says "the server is not responding" I e-mailed their support, and they said it would be a problem on my computer.

I clicked the message from Windows Media Player, that said "More Information" and it said I might have a problem with my proxy settings, did the firewall mess it up? Or it said "I might not be connected to the internet" i'm using 56k dial up, and i'm clearly connected or I wouldn't be able to post this..

Please help, I need to stream, thanks.

A:Proxy Settings?

receiving a proxy error, sounds like your firewall is the issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/26202/proxy-settings/
Relevancy 75.68%

Ok on my network i have a proxy server in place and also have a wireless lan that uses the proxy, But the problem that i have is that some of the staff take the laptops home with them to do work on and when they come back to work the work that has been done at hom should sync with the server, now the problem that i have is that when a laptop is took home the staff are unable to use the internet as the proxy setting are still in place. I am not willing to allow any member of staff access to change these settings as the way i see it is, the more they know the more problems they could cause.

Is there anyway around this without having to setup a local account on each laptop? or is there any software that could do this?

Thanx
Mick

Relevancy 75.68%

English:
Hi! The other day i mixed a little with IE's proxy and now when i try using IE it says that "the page cannot be found" What can i do?

Swedish:
Tja! F?r n?gon dag sedan s? mixtra jag med internet explorers proxy eller n?got. Nu n?r jag f?rs?ker anv?nda IE s? st?r det att sidan inte kan hittas. Vad kan jag g?ra ?t problemet?

A:IE Proxy settings

You could check the proxy settings for IE under Internet Options\Connections\Lan Settings. If you don't have a proxy server that you use, uncheck the "Use proxy server for your LAN..." checkbox. You can also uncheck all of the checkboxes that either auto detect the proxy, or use automatic configuration script; these would speed up starting up IE, since it doesn't have to look for the proxy server.

Cr00zng

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-proxy-settings-375801.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I am connected by cable modem and whenever I start IE it has started saying detecting proxy setting down in the corner of the page. How do I get rid of this.

Thank you

A:Detecting proxy settings

Tools > Internet Options > Connections > Lan Settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/detecting-proxy-settings.374938/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi there,

I hope this is an easy one - I'm sure the problem has been faced before. I use my laptop at home and at the school where I work. In both cases I connect to the internet via a secure wireless network. At home my internet connection does not require a proxy server but at school it does. So whenever I move from one to the other I have to reset the proxy information via the firefox tools>options...>advanced>connection settings menu.

This is a pain - is there any way to automate this?

Thanks in advance

A:managing proxy settings

hi jw, welcome to tsf.

yes there is you'll find it here foxyproxy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/managing-proxy-settings-289740.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello,

I've tried searching for a way to disable proxy settings all together from internet explorer and I'm not able to find a solution.
Is there a way to do it through registry in a way where the user isn't able to even select the "check box" anymore?

I know the old way of unchecking the box, but the user will always go back and check it and type in the proxy server and port. Is there a way to disable it completely?

A:Disable Proxy Settings

is this any help?

How to disable automatic proxy caching in Internet Explorer

You can disable the Automatic Proxy Result Cache by using the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

Value: EnableAutoproxyResultCache
Type: REG_DWORD
Data value: 0 = disable caching; 1 (or key not present) = enable automatic proxy caching (this is the default behavior)
If the registry key is not present, you can create the registry key by using the following registry file:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]"EnableAutoProxyResultCache"=dword:00000000"
Back to the top

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/227900-disable-proxy-settings.html
Relevancy 74.82%

My Dell inspiron15 3000 series laptop is giving me issues with my proxy settings on the internet explore on my Windows 8 side of my dell laptop keeps giving me this message Check your proxy settings 127.0.0.1:5050.
From the Settings charm, Go to Change PC settings &gt; Network &gt; Proxy.Make sure your firewall settings aren’t blocking your web access.Ask your system administrator for help.
If someone can help me that would be appreciated.

A:Proxy settings keep changing

Are you using a Proxy to get on the Net normally?
If not, sounds like you're infected.
On the other hand, if you do use a proxy all the time, you should wait 'till one of the networking experts answers your question.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550233/proxy-settings-keep-changing/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi and thanks for you time and help in advance I have a Windows laptop whose proxy settings keep reverting back proxy cannot settings remove to no matter how many times i changed it I'm not even sure what triggers it I turn the proxy off browse a few minutes and suddenly the proxy's changed again I haven't tried many things only running FRST with the fixlist i found here www bleepingcomputer com forums t cannot-remove-proxy-settings- That fixlist fixed the other CCSwells problems so I tried it My laptop runs a little faster now but the proxy setting still keeps changing to Here's the fixlog from that fix Fix cannot remove proxy settings result of Farbar cannot remove proxy settings Recovery Tool FRST written by Farbar x Version - - Ran by Gede A at - - Run Running from C Users GEDE ANANDA Downloads Programs Loaded Profiles Gede A amp MSSQLSERVER Available profiles Gede A amp MSSQLSERVER Boot Mode Normal Content of fixlist CloseProcesses - - - - - - C windows System Tasks CBC - E- F -A - A C B C Program Files x Common Files Diagnostics REG reg add HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings v ProxyEnable t REG DWORD d f REG reg delete HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings v ProxyServer f REG reg delete HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings v MigrateProxy f REG reg delete HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings Connections v DefaultConnectionSettings f REG reg delete HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings Connections v SavedLegacySettings f REG reg delete HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services NlaSvc Parameters Internet ManualProxies ve f Reboot Processes closed successfully C windows System Tasks CBC - E- F -A - A C B gt File Directory not found C Program Files x Common Files Diagnostics gt File Directory not found reg add HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings v ProxyEnable t REG DWORD d f The operation completed successfully End of Reg reg delete HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings v ProxyServer f The operation completed successfully End of Reg reg delete HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings v MigrateProxy f The operation completed successfully End of Reg reg delete HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings Connections v DefaultConnectionSettings f The operation completed successfully End of Reg reg delete HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings Connections v SavedLegacySettings f The operation completed successfully End of Reg reg delete HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services NlaSvc Parameters Internet ManualProxies ve f The operation completed successfully End of Reg The system needed a reboot End of Fixlog EDIT Internet seems to be running fine right now although the proxy is still changed to

A:cannot remove proxy settings

======Zoek.exe======Take action to disable your antivirus and antispyware programs, as they may conflict with Zoek.exe>> Info on how to disable your security applications > http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDownload zoek.exe to your desktopIf Internet Explorer, any other browser, or a security program issues a warning indicating the file is unsafe, please ignore, since it is a false warning.Using Zoek.exeOn the Desktop, double-click Zoek.exe to start the tool.Windows Vista, 7 and 8 users right-click the file and select: Run as Administrator.Give the program a few seconds to appear.Copy and paste the following script in the code box:Note: This script is written for usage on this system only, do not use it on any other computer even if the problems are similar.standardsearch;
torpigcheck;
installedprogs;
uninstall-list;
srinfo;
Click the "Run script" button and wait patiently.When finished the logfile will be opened in notepad.If a reboot is needed the logfile will be opened after reboot.The zoek-results.log can also be found on your systemdrive.Please post the logfile for further review in your next comment.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557557/cannot-remove-proxy-settings/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey everyone the last couple days something has been changing my proxy settings in internet explorer on port The problem is i dont use a proxy server At the same time i notice i get error messages that say exe has encountered a problem and needs to close The numbers in the exe are it seems random posted below is the hijack settings Something changing proxy this I ran avg spybot and malwarebytes but nothing seems to get rid of it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Something changing proxy settings XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files InterActive DMS IAupdate exeC Program Files RealVNC VNC WinVNC exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync rapimgr exeC WINDOWS system dwwin exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Something changing proxy settings Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Something changing proxy settings Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO SmartSelect - F EE -DAA - - - D EE A - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dllO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrobat sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Win Firewall C DOCUME JEREMY AUT LOCALS Temp exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe quot O - HKCU Run Win Firewall C DOCUME JEREMY AUT LOCALS Temp exeO - Global Startup Windows Search lnk C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exeO - Extra context menu item Append Link Target to Existing PDF - res C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppendSelLinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Append to Existing PDF - res C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend htmlO - Ext... Read more

A:Something changing proxy settings

Hi,Sorry for delayed response. Forums have been really busy. If you still need help with this do following, please.Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool. When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt Attach.txtSave both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239264/something-changing-proxy-settings/
Relevancy 74.82%

*Sigh*...Isn't there always something? My desktop computer won't even bring up the home page now. It says at the bottom: "Detecting proxy settings". What on earth does that mean? How can I repair whatever it is and get going again? Thank goodness I have TWO computers. I'm not sure I'll EVER buy an EMachine again....more problems than it was worth.

A:Detecting Proxy Settings

Hello, if you open internet explorer and go to tools then internet options, click on the connections tab and then click on LAN settings, take off all the ticks and see if it works.

Hope this helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78654/detecting-proxy-settings/
Relevancy 74.82%

HI all Having just spent several hours trying to prevent the LAN proxy server being set by some nefarious program I thought I should being to LAN settings set 127.0.0.1 proxy server record the solution and the culprit The OS is Windows The culprit was connected to an IE toolbar called easyfundraising toolbar It had been disabled and did not appear in the add remove programs list yet it was still able to enable and change the LAN proxy settings on every boot and sometimes after a few minutes This setting prevented the Mcafee technical support connecting remotely to the computer according to computer user I've no idea if this was a legitimate tech support arrangement After multiple scans by numerous anti virus and specialist security software in safe mode and in normal boot After using ccleaner and msconfig to selectively prevent many start-up programs After following advice on tech websites including this one and at Microsoft regarding this LAN proxy being set problem I closely looked again at IE's list of Add Ons all of which had been previously disabled This was listed TBSB Class It was disabled which led me to believe that it was inactive but some program connected with it judging by the solution was setting and resetting the LAN proxy Clicking 'more information' in IE 'manage add-ons' dialogue revealed this Name TBSB Class Publisher Not Available Type Browser Helper Object Architecture -bit Version Not available File date Not available Date last accessed June Class ID BF B C-B B- F-A C - A B A Use count Block count File tbcore dll Folder C Program Files x easyfundraising toolbar Solution Deleted the folder C Program Files x easyfundraising toolbar Used Regedit to search for the Class ID and deleted the key It was included in the programs list under the name Find and LAN settings proxy server being set to 127.0.0.1 Remind and publisher easyfundraiser org uk I LAN settings proxy server being set to 127.0.0.1 was under the impression that I'd removed it LAN settings proxy server being set to 127.0.0.1 but clearly the bad part remained

A:LAN settings proxy server being set to 127.0.0.1

Good investigative work. Is everything working ok now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537016/lan-settings-proxy-server-being-set-to-127001/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello, where do I find the Proxy Server Settings on my Samsung NoteBook Pro SM-P900 12" tablet?
I am unable to get internet service--it keeps saying that it cannot find my proxy server. There should not even be a proxy server, I am pretty sure. Just can't find that setting. Android Kit Kat 4.4 op system.
Thanks

ERR PROXY CONNECTION_FAILED

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/proxy-server-settings.1156745/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi,
I'm facing with problem with my proxy settings for a few days. My system (Windows 10) is using some proxy settings that are definitely not authorized by me: "http=127.0.0.1:8080;https=127.0.0.1:8080". What's more, I cannot turn off these setting - it's set back every time I try to disable it. I'm attaching log files created by:
FRST: http://pastebin.com/fV5sBApX
FSS: http://pastebin.com/KzL5D3gt
RogueKiller: http://pastebin.com/uL83agmB
Thanks for help in advance!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625651/cannot-change-proxy-settings/
Relevancy 74.82%

When using WMP9 for certain radio stations. I get an error from WMP saying

Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server. The server name might not be correct, the server might not be available, or your proxy settings might not be correct.

Havent got a clue what to check or what settings its on about

Any help would be much appreciated

Relevancy 74.82%

I wonder if someone would be so kind as to offer me some guidance Something is changing my internet proxy settings - every time I restart Firefox or IE - the proxy settings have been changed to port - and I have to change them back to quot no proxy quot to changine settings is something my proxy get a connection This is irritating - but I m also a bit worried that summat untoward is going on something is changine my proxy settings I will paste all the log files requested below and attach the attach txt file as requested in the notes to this thread many thanks in advance for any suggestions anyone can make I have run malwarebytes - which hasn t solved the problem - and also Spybot - which doesn t pick anything up many thanks log files to follow HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Palm Hotsync exe C Program Files Secunia PSI psi tray exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page something is changine my proxy settings http search conduit com SearchSource amp ctid CT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware quot C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe quot starttray O - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe quot ru... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/something-is-changine-my-proxy-settings.1004618/
Relevancy 74.82%

Dear All I hope you can help I am on Windows Xp and my desktop computer has not stopped allowing me to access the internet so i tired many things i e checking the cable the port in my room yet to no avail so then i checked software i e internet explorer settings etc yet once again to no avail I then resorted to formatting my computer yet once it all reinstalled still the same problem What happens is that everytime i Settings Detecting Proxy open internet explorer i get the message page cannot be displayed and before it displays this in the bottom left on the internet explorer window it says detecting proxy settings So i attempted to investigate by using the ping commands in command prompt yet it pings back but there is nothing in the Detecting Proxy Settings dns part therefore no connection I have tried and tried yet still nothing i used winsock but no success and so im thinking whether it is the network card itself as no light appears on the back anymroe when i connect my cable from the internet port to the port in the desktop what do you think Please help Many thanks in advance Amzy nbsp

A:Detecting Proxy Settings

Strange, i just formated my computer today , and i am having a similar problem.
Running Win 98 , use a MS update disk after clean install (A Free disk MS offers that contains current service packs)..... then get remaining updates from MS updates site.
I do this fairly often and have never had any problems before , but today after i installed all critical updates and rebooted when i try to connect to IE it hangs for roughly 3 minutes saying that it is "Detecting Proxy Settings" then connects.(Note that this only started hapening after the updates were installed)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/detecting-proxy-settings.303263/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello Everyone I am working on a computer that has one of those issues where the proxy settings are reset every time the computer is restarted Each time this happens I must manually go into the Connections and remove the proxy setting I ran MBAM and it removed a few things I m sorry but I really don t remember what it removed but did not solve the proxy reseting Keep Proxy Settings Changing issue I ran another scan with MBAM and it does not turn up any threats despite the proxy issue Anyway below are all of the logs Let me know if you need anything else I really appreciate the help thanks a lot Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Proxy Settings Keep Changing system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Users Eleanor AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows shell exe C Users Eleanor AppData Local Temp dwm exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXE C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files XPSMiniViewGadget XPSMiniViewGadget exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system wuauclt exe F HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG win ini load C Users Eleanor AppData Local Temp dwm exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c PROGRA mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvis... Read more

Relevancy 74.82%

well i used to use my laptop on the schools net server, jus unplug the lan from another system plug in and away.
but now they done somethin so that when i click internet exp, a page comes up saying proxy settings not valid, please consult admin and aquire them. my laptop is on auto detect proxy settings but still no luck, anyway round this?

A:detecting proxy settings

See what the proxy settings are in the other system you just unplugged?

It may also be that you need to authenticate yourself before being able to use the proxy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/detecting-proxy-settings.41469/
Relevancy 74.82%

I am using a mac and have installed the vidalia tor bundle and it all seems to be working well (i also installed the torbutton in firefox) but when I open firefox and enable the torbutton a page saying
"The proxy server is refusing connection..Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections" would come up
My network proxy settings on firefox are the following-
manual proxy configuration
HTTP- 127.0.0.1 Port 8118 (i ticked on use this proxy server for all protocols)

Can anyone using firefox with tor please advise me on what to put in my settings and tell me what the problem is? Thank you very much

A:vidalia tor proxy settings

Did you try "Auto Detect"?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/vidalia-tor-proxy-settings-478881.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I had sent in my computer into a shop in order to fix an Internet problem i had, and now I try to change the proxy settings, and all of a sudden I can't. In the Internet Options, both the address and port are grayed out, and I can't change it. I'm on a Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, and since this is my computer, I have all administrative rights too do whatever I please. So what should I do to fix this?

A:Proxy settings on IE are grayed out

Sounds like a 3rd party program is to blame. or a virus. Run a malwarebytes scan in safe mode. also, Check out  start> control panel> add/remove programs> and see what the latest intalled programs are and uninstall anything that looks fishy.
I recently uninstalled a program called Web Protect that made my LAN proxy settings greyed out.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283861/proxy-settings-on-ie-are-grayed-out/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a number of GPO's for applying different proxy settings WMP applying not IE and WMP settings to different people and am developing new ones to account for IE that don't use the IEM I have a problem that I can't account for In every GPO the following setting is WMP proxy settings not applying set the same User Configuration Windows Components Windows Media Player Networking Configure HHTP Proxy - WMP proxy settings not applying Proxy Type Use browser proxy settings However this setting applies correctly in some scenarios see below but not in others PC has IE and a policy that sets IE proxy using IEM - WMP correctly picks up the proxy setting PC has IE and a policy that does not use IEM - WMP correctly picks up the proxy setting PC has IE and a policy that does not use IEM - WMP does not apply the proxy settings I'm confused and the IEM could be a red herring but in any case why would this one setting not apply Any help identifying what prevents it working would be welcome Thanks Mark

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c46dddb-05aa-4c41-9d5c-f571da0c053e/wmp-proxy-settings-not-applying?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 74.82%

I have recently had trouble accessing e-bays secure site My e-bay and was just getting jumbled letters I received the following advice after e-mailing e-bay Hello Thank you for taking the with Problems Proxy Settings time to write and let us know that you Problems with Proxy Settings are having problems accessing some parts of the UK site We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible We have found for NTL users making a slight change on your proxy settings should resolve the issue for you You can do this by following the instructions that I have Problems with Proxy Settings included below Go to the Control Panel Select Start then settings then Control Panel Then select Internet Settings Then select LAN Settings Un-tick Auto Detect Settings Tick Use Proxy Server Address Port Click OK Having done this I was able to access My e-bay but for some reason my internet slowed to an almost standstill I have a mb connection I changed the LAN settings back to the default settings and this solved the internet speed issue but once again I was unable to access e-bay Is there a solution to this I have had no problems with e-bay in the past I am running XP with SP Thanks nbsp

A:Problems with Proxy Settings

are you sure that email is from ebay?? I don't think they would send such.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-proxy-settings.427550/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I'm on Windows -bit There's proxy settings in PC Settings that I can't that removed settings Proxy be can't remove It has this in the address http https It appears in PC settings gt Network but not in Internet Options gt Connections gt LAN Settings But I can't edit in Internet Options either I tried the supposed Proxy settings that can't be removed fixes for Windows that I found here but none of Proxy settings that can't be removed them work I ran a scan in FRST and this is what came up Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Winfred Arman Lati administrator on WIN on - - Running from C Users Winfred Arman Lati Downloads Loaded Profiles Winfred Arman Lati Available profiles Winfred Arman Lati Platform Windows Single Language X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will Proxy settings that can't be removed not be moved Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxCUIService exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkAudioService exe Autodesk Inc C Program Files x Common Files Autodesk Shared AppManager R AdAppMgrSvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Care Suite ADUService ADUService exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dasHost exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth ibtrksrv exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL Jhi service exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony NFC Proxy Service bin NFCProxyService exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe InstallShield C Program Files x Connectify Updater Updater exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center VESMgr exe Intel Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin ZeroConfigService exe Connectify C Program Files x Connectify ConnectifyService exe Connectify C Program Files x Connectify Connectifyd exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center VESMgrSub exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center VESMgrSub exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Connectify C Program Files x Connectify ConnectifyNetServices exe Intel Corporation C Program Files Intel BluetoothHS BTHSAmpPalService exe Motorola Solutions Inc C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth devmonsrv exe Motorola Solutions Inc C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth obexsrv exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel BluetoothHS BTHSSecurityMgr exe Intel Corporation C Program Files Sony VAIO Care ESRV esrv svc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components FWService IntelMeFWService exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Intel Corporation C Program Files Sony VAIO Care VCPerfService exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe Sony Corporation C Program Files Sony VAIO Improvement vim exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony Active Clip Active Clip exe C Program Files x Garena Plus ggdllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxEM exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxHK exe Intel Corporation... Read more

A:Proxy settings that can't be removed

Hey, Please move FRST to your Desktop.Step 1: AdwarecleanerPlease download AdwCleaner (by Xplode) from the link below and save it to your Desktop:Download Mirror #1Right-click on AdwCleaner.exe and select Run as administrator. (If you have Windows XP the just run it)Click Scan and let the scan run.When it finishes, click Clean, following the on screen promptsAfter your computer reboots, a log will open. Please Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) this into your next post.Note: The log can also be found in here: C:\AdwCleaner\Step 2: MalwarebytesPlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop Install the progamme and select updateOnce it has updated select Settings > Detection and ProtectionTick Scan for rootkitsGo back to the Dashboard and select Scan NowIf threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button, MBAM will ask for a reboot.On completion of the scan (or after the reboot) select View Detailed LogSelect Export > Select text file and save to the desktopAttach/Post that logStep 3: Junkware Removal Tool  Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.Step 4: FRST ScanRun FRST. (if you have Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8: Please do a Right click on the FRST icon and select Run as Administrator)Click Scan to start FRST.When FRST finishes scanning, a log, FRST.txt, will open.Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of this log into your next post please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563413/proxy-settings-that-cant-be-removed/
Relevancy 74.82%

I'm trying to configure a Windows 7 computer to set the default proxy settings by machine and not by user. I've managed to find the policy in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings] "ProxySettingsPerUser" and when I set that to 0 it gives me the effect I want and doesn't force me to edit the settings for each user.

Similar to the problem this guy: ProxySettingsPerUser had. The proxy settings are now supposedly given from the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE area but after hours spent googling and trying to edit the proxy settings none of my attempts seemed to change it at all.

Does anyone know where the computer searches for proxy settings when ProxySettingsPerUser is set to 0? I read that on XP it was the same place but in HKLM not HKCU but this does not seem to work in Windows 7. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks,

-Adad64

A:Proxy Settings By Machine?

I just noticed that similarly to the person in the post above it will update if you run IE as administrator. Running safari or chrome in admin does not update the proxy settings although they will also update when IE is ran. Still clueless on how to force the update to take effect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229284-proxy-settings-machine.html
Relevancy 74.82%

My IE Internet Options are checked with my company proxies. However, when I next boot up, they are cleared. This happens Every day, Every boot or reboot.

Using wired connection and also occurs with wired VPN connection from home. Have tested with wireless and same results.

Something in the Start Up or Norton or LAN connection and initialization is wiping these items out. Is there some network or security setting that says to use manual configuration as a default?

I have been able to get to IE Internet properties very early in the boot process (in stand alone not network connection) I have seen them still checked but they will be wiped out after I close and reopen the Internet Properties.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/proxy-settings-wipe-off-382231.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi there I m having a problem where my proxy settings keeps changing it self Where i m currently working my laptop is connected to the internet to a server which i connect through a certain proxy As of days ago i opened up internet explorer and chrome and it come up saying i need to connect to proxy etc I then go into my lan connections and change the proxy to what is required and the internet works perfectly for about to minutes upon which the proxy then changes back I change to the required proxy and it works and again changes back after to minutes The proxy it keeps changing to is port I have run a full system virus scan using changing settings keep proxy MCAFEE and it came back clean and a full system scan using Microsoft Malicious software removal tool and it also came back clean I have also reset my internet option back proxy settings keep changing to proxy settings keep changing default and it proxy settings keep changing has not helped the issue I m now at a loss as to what it could be Any help would be greatly appreciated if you require any more information please ask Cheers Matt Here is my DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by Matthew Persic at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Program Files x Sensible Vision Fast Access FAService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Adobe Elements Organizer PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files IDT WDM AESTSr exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system mfevtps exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C Program Files x AlienRespawn sftservice EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Alienware Command Center AlienFusionService exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe C Program Files x Nero Update NASvc exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x AlienRespawn TOASTER EXE C Program Files x AlienRespawn COMPONENTS SCHEDULER STSERVICE EXE C Program Files x AlienRespawn Components DSUpdate DSUpd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files x STMicroelectronics AccelerometerP FF Protection exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe C Users Matthew Persic AppData Roaming Mic... Read more

A:proxy settings keep changing

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/430353 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/430353/proxy-settings-keep-changing/
Relevancy 74.82%

I use google chrome, and multiple times a day my proxy settings toggles back on and won't allow me on the internet until I turn them off. I don't use proxy, nor do I plan on using it. I'm just tired of having to turn it off when I get back on it after turning my laptop off, or closing it. It even toggles back on sometimes when I am still on the internet.
I've ran Advance System Care, and Malwarebytes hoping that if it was Malware it would stop but I have had no luck :/

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi,
        I have a Windows 7 Professional Dell Laptop. This is an official laptop given by my organisation. When we work in the office LAN, certain proxy settings need to be used to access the network and the same limits the use of certain websites as per company policy. However, when Iam at home, I disable the same and access through my home internet. This has been going on smoothly for close to 2 years now. 
From today, I find that as soon as I disable proxy settings and come out, the same is not disabled. When I go back and check immediately, proxy setting is still showing as enabled. I restarted but the same didn't fix it. I googled and found a few links with the same topic in ur website but wasn't sure of following the solution before taking ur advice. Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards.

A:Proxy settings keep getting reversed.

You should first take this up with your IT department. Your permissions may have been changed for a reason, and any advice given here at BC may cause problems with what your CIO wants to happen.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/546363/proxy-settings-keep-getting-reversed/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi all I m posting this for a friend He has a computer that had settings Proxy problem been working fine at his apartment for eight months using a cable connection One day he was not able to connect to the internet He has both IE and FF and mostly uses FF The error he would get is that the proxy would not allow connections I apologize I cannot remember the exact message He did not do anything about this at the time because he was getting ready to move to his Proxy settings problem mother s house to help her out He set up a splitter on her cable and when he hooked up his computer he was still getting the same message even though it was a completely different company and place I had him Proxy settings problem go into the FF settings Tools gt options gt Advanced gt Network gt connection settings His initial setting was to quot use system proxy settings quot I asked him to change it to quot auto-detect proxy settings for this network quot but that still gave the same message I had him Proxy settings problem change it to quot no proxy quot and now he can get on the internet browse get email etc However each time he turns off his computer or it goes to sleep hibernates the setting changes back to the original one to quot use system proxy settings quot He will change it back to quot no proxy quot and then can connect fine but doing that each time is a bit of a pain Any ideas on what is happening here As well is not having a proxy since the default seems to be to have one quot an issue when using a cable and router nbsp

A:Proxy settings problem

To avoid trouble I advise to always set to "no proxy" rather than to "detect proxy" unless the person is actually using a proxy.

If the setting keeps reverting most likely there is malware or else an anti-spyware application is deciding that the setting should not be changed and reverting it on shut down or start up.

As well, is not having a proxy (since the default seems to be to have one" an issue when using a cable and router?Click to expand...

Not understanding this. A proxy has nothing to do with a cable or a router. ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/proxy-settings-problem.1152887/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello,
Multiple times as day something keeps turning on my LAN Proxy settings. I keep turning it off and randomly it just comes back on. I have been searching how to solve this issue and came up empty handed. Someone please help.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/66329-something-keeps-turning-my-lan-proxy-settings.html
Relevancy 74.82%

My service provider is Earthlink IE internet options proxy settings won t save every time i connect to the internet i cannot obtain web pages according to phone earthlink rep he said to uncheck the proxy settings It worked but Windows or IE won t save the settings and i have to uncheck them every time i connect i have to uncheck them for connections that aren t even in use also i don t necessarily have to connect and disconnect either they have changed Proxy not saving IE Settings while being connected also the LAN proxy settings change only once though for only one connection This is the settings IE Tools IE options click one of the dial up connections click settings to the right uncheck proxy server boxes and click ok that you have to do for all connections the quot one time only quot is for the LAN settings Click LAN settings uncheck proxy boxes and by the way it also changes the setting i pick for quot always dial default connection quot it changes it to quot Dial whenever network connection is not present quot Win IE Earthlink glitch Or does anyone know how to solve this issue thanks nbsp

A:IE Proxy Settings not saving

bump;

this might be a thread you want to MOVE to the internet[web/email-to be more precise] forum at this site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-proxy-settings-not-saving.284531/
Relevancy 74.82%

Gave my old networked computer to niece. She is trying to install Netzero. Keeps getting a message that proxy settings are wrong. How do we correct this? Running Windows 2000. I had Windows Explorer on the computer and after trying to install Netzero that has disappeared also. Thanks,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/incorrect-proxy-settings.579140/
Relevancy 74.82%

I am working on a friends computer that keeps resetting the proxy server. I have tried resetting the internet options to default, ran hitman pro and adw cleaner. The proxy server is still checked on after a reboot. How can I fix this with out going into internet options every time I reboot the computer.

Running windows 8.1

A:I need help with proxy server settings.

This is usually a malware issue. Please follow the instructions in the link to post to the Am I Infected Forum where experts can have a look at your computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250928/instructions-for-posting-advice-in-am-i-infected-forum/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560568/i-need-help-with-proxy-server-settings/
Relevancy 74.82%

afternoon all,

i have recently put a lot of effort in to setting up a media server. i'm getting a big issue with windows being stupid and trying to use my proxy server on local addresses even though i told it not to.

this is infuriating because it overloads my proxy server and interferes with the steaming from my media box. if i disable the proxy settings in windows it streams fine. but then i'm obviously not using my caching for the interwebs.

there must be a simple fix that i'm overlooking but i just cant find the solution

many thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/52150-proxy-server-settings.html
Relevancy 74.82%

After Interent Explorer has been used a few times and then closed and reopened it says detecting proxy settings in the bottom right hand corner. And you can't change websites, however long you leave it, it will not go away. You end up having to restart and it will be ok. I download IE 8 trying to solve the problem but it does the same, Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:IE 7 and 8 says ' Detecting Proxy settings'

Might be some type of malware. Try this program.
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com...mbam-setup.exe
More information about the type of internet connection would help.
32 bit Vista SP1?
Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-7-and-8-says-detecting-proxy-settings-307768.html
Relevancy 74.82%

This morning I found myself unable to access any https sites I tracked the problem down to the fact that somehow my network settings had been changed to connect via a proxy Once I deselected this option I was able to connect again without any problems I have been advised by the technical support desk at my ISP that this is often caused by malware and that it means that the offenders can potentially skim important log-in not me changed, by settings Proxy information I have done a series of scans but I am unable to tell if the results show anything significant or not I have run full Proxy settings changed, not by me scans using Malwarebytes Microsoft Security Essentials Hitman Pro and ADWCleaner Malwarebytes reported no malware but one PUP - PUP Optional Spigot Microsoft Security Essentials and Hitman Pro reported no threats The ADWCleaner log is posted below Is anyone able to tell me if I am likely to have been compromised Proxy settings changed, not by me in any way and if there is any further action I should take I run Windows Home Premium My security setup is Malwarebytes Home Premium Microsoft Security Essentials Hitman Pro paid version Windows Firewall AdwCleaner v - Logfile created at Updated by Xplode Database - - Server Operating system Windows Home Premium Service Pack x Username Chris - CHRIS-PC Running from C Users Chris Downloads AdwCleaner exe Option Clean Support http toolslib net forum Services Folders - Folder Deleted C Users Chris Favorites abc Files - File Deleted C Users Chris AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Local Storage chrome-extension lfmhcpmkbdkbgbmkjoiopeeegenkdikp localstorage DLLs Shortcuts Scheduled tasks Registry - Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes PCSuiteContactsView - Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes PCSuiteMessagesView - Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes CLSID CCC E-BDEE- A-BEA - EF B - Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes CLSID F -E - D -AF E-AB DFFD C AD - Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes CLSID E B EEA-EE - E B-A C - E DF A - Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes Interface E BC A -BA - CF- B -CBC DA BF C - Key Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Classes Interface E BC A -BA - CF- B -CBC DA BF C - Key Deleted HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Uninstall MyFreeCodec Web browsers - C Users Chris AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Secure Preferences Proxy settings changed, not by me Extension Deleted lfmhcpmkbdkbgbmkjoiopeeegenkdikp Tracing keys deleted Winsock settings cleared C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner C txt - bytes - C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner C txt - bytes - C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner R txt - bytes - C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner R txt - bytes - C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner R txt - bytes - C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner R txt - bytes - C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner R txt - bytes - C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner S txt - bytes - C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner S txt - bytes - C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner S txt - bytes - C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner S txt - bytes - EOF - C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner C txt - bytes

A:Proxy settings changed, not by me

to BleepingComputer.Hi there,my name is Jo and I will help you with your computer problems.Please follow these guidelines:Read and follow the instructions in the sequence they are posted.print or copy & save instructions.back up all your private data / music / important files on another (external) drive before using our tools.Do not install / uninstall any applications, unless otherwise instructed.Use only that tools you have been instructed to use.Copy and Paste the log files inside your post, unless otherwise instructed.Ask for clarification, if you have any questions. Stay with this topic til you get the all clean post.My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.*** Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.Vista / Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.*** Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and save it to your desktop.Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided on that same page.Caution: This is a beta version so please be sure to read the disclaimer and back up all your data before using.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will start. Click in the introduction screen "next" to continue.Click in the following screen "Update" to obtain the latest malware definitions.Once the update is complete select "Next" and click "Scan".With some infections, you may see two messages boxes.'Could not load protection driver'. Click 'OK'.'Could not load DDA driver'. Click 'Yes' to this message, to allow the driver to load after a restart. Allow the computer to restart. Continue with the rest of these instructions.If malware is found - do not press the Clean up button, please go to the MBAR folder and then copy/paste the contents of the MBAR-log-***.txt file to your next reply.If there is no malware found, please let me know as well.***

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/609789/proxy-settings-changed-not-by-me/
Relevancy 74.82%

I think there may be an infection on this computer but I m not sure I do know that every once in a while my Internet Settings get changed and a proxy IP address appears where there should be none I frequently run into situations where nothing happens when clicking on links or trying to change pages I ve tried scanning with MalwareBytes Avira SuperAnti-Spyware and ESET but all come back with nothing worse than tracking cookies Here s my DDS TXT DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop Enabled Updated AD - F - A-A -FDD proxy with keeps Something messing settings C FW COMODO Firewall Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Something keeps messing with proxy settings WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exesvchost exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop Something keeps messing with proxy settings avguard exeC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data EPSON EPW SSRP E S RP EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exeC Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exeC Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files NETGEAR NETGEAR Storage Central Manager Utility Z-SANService exec Program Files Zune ZuneBusEnum exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exeC Program Files Canon Canon IJ Network Scan Utility CNMNSUT exeC WINDOWS vVX exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuStart Page hxxp www google com mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuURLSearchHooks Freecorder Toolbar b d - c - f-a f -b f a - c program files freecorder tbFree dllBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO Freecorder Toolbar b d - c - f-a f -b f a - c program files freecorder tbFree dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB Freecorder Toolbar b d - c - f-a f -b f a - c program files freecorder tbFree dllTB B EAC - D - B E- B -A C A A - No FileTB C B - - D - B - A CD F - No FileuRun BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot c program files common files ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe quot uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun EPSON Stylus Photo R Series c windows system spool drivers w x e fatiaia exe fu quot c windows temp E S tmp quot EF quot HKCU quot uRun CPQSR NX EPSON Stylus Photo R Series c windows system spool drivers w x e fatiaia exe fu quot c docume owner locals temp E S tmp quot EF quot HKCU quot uRun Messenger Yahoo quot c progra yahoo messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quietuRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundmRun Recguard c windows sminst RECGUARD EXEmRun SunKistEM c program files digital media reader shwiconem exemRun avgnt quot c program files avira antivir desktop avgnt exe quot minmRun COMODO Internet Security quot c program files comodo comodo internet security cfp exe quot -hmRun IJNetworkScanUtility c program files canon canon ij network scan utility CNMNSUT exemRun IMJPMIG quot c windows ime imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration mRun MSPY c windows system ime pintlgnt ImScInst exe SYNCmRun PHIME... Read more

A:Something keeps messing with proxy settings

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396911/something-keeps-messing-with-proxy-settings/
Relevancy 74.82%

I am confused with Proxy server settings.

When I add an IP address to the LAN settings by "Use Proxy for LAN" , am I bypassing the proxy server set up by the host web site ?

First of all I dont understand the who is setting up this proxy server. If a web host is setting up proxy server, then how can I change it by changing settings on my browser ?

If this proxy seting is for my desktop, then I dont have any proxy server set on my desktop. So whats the point in setting proxy ?

Pls explain.

A:Proxy Server Settings

Here 's a link regarding proxy, I think it's free. They shd be able to provide you all that info once you signed up with them.

http://www.fastproxynetwork.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/proxy-server-settings-408278.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I am running Windows with two user profiles Today my Internet explorer the weird full-screen version accessed from the Proxy keep changing Settings Start screen started displaying this message The Proxy Server isn't Responding Check your proxy settings My regular IE on the desktop seems to work fine and my other user account on Proxy Settings keep changing the same computer appears to be completely unaffected When I access my proxy settings Manual proxy setup is enabled even though I have never enabled it When I change to Automatic proxy setup and disable Manual proxy setup close out of the PC settings window and reopen it the settings have been reverted I Proxy Settings keep changing found a program called storm watch that was installed on the PC yesterday and Proxy Settings keep changing removed it with MBAM There is also something in my programs and features list called UpdateAdmin which was installed yesterday but it wasn't detected in my MBAM scan and when I attempt to uninstall it a window pops up requesting permission for the following program C WINDOWS Installer c e b msi Publisher Unknown to make changes to my computer I am unsure of the consequences if I allow so I have not uninstalled this unknown program What can I do now

A:Proxy Settings keep changing

Please download AdwCleaner.
Double-click the adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click Scan.
When the scan is finished, click Clean.
When the cleaning process is over, click Report and a Notepad window will be opened.
Please post the contents in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563770/proxy-settings-keep-changing/
Relevancy 74.82%

i am conected to the internet with a d-link wireless usb adapter. i currently am trying to download free avg 9.0 but when avg tries to detect my internet connection it cannot and asks for my proxy settings and port can i detect these settings so i can enter them and continue????

A:detecting proxy settings

download actaul installer not via a download manager, save to desktop, run should be ok then

http://free.avg.com/gb-en/download.prd-afg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/detecting-proxy-settings.934852/
Relevancy 74.82%

A friend of mine brought a laptop for me to fix I just cannot seem to correct this problem Apparently one of his children tried to download a game but it messed up his internet connection and cannot connect to the internet using iexplorer or google chrome I ran malwarebytes and it threw remove settings Can't proxy up a bunch of stuff which I removed the malwarebytes scan now shows no issues but a problem is still there It seems that something has changed his LAN settings on his computer When I try to alter them and check OK they just revert back to using a proxy with no internet Can't remove proxy settings connection available I have since downloaded firefox from another computer installed it on the Can't remove proxy settings infected one but that did not work also I then went into the settings in firefox changed the proxy setting and all is OK with this browser but every time I try to change the proxy settings in iexplorer it just re checks itself after I click OK Something is changing this computer settings noknojon posted yesterday with what seems to be the same problem and explained it a lot better than me May I request a bit of assistance from anyone please Information laptop - Asus X series OS - win regards

A:Can't remove proxy settings

Hey, Succuba

DNS settings:Start - Control Panel - Network and sharing center- Change adapter settings - choose your active adapter - Right click - Properties - Choose Internet protocol version 4Settings should be "Obtain DNS server address automatically" if not specified otherwise by your ISP.Repeat for Internet protocol version 6 if there is any installed.

If that Does not work try this

Install different browser than IE. If the connection works there, try reinstalling Internet Explorer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561485/cant-remove-proxy-settings/