Windows Support Forum

Repeated "bad image" error (think it's something to do w/laptop)

Q: Repeated "bad image" error (think it's something to do w/laptop)

Hey,
I woke up on May 10th 2013 & when it started up my laptop I saw this.

I was a bit scared, but I decided to run the following programs:
Mbam (AV)
DSKCHK
Disk cleanup
Disk defragmenter
Scan disk (SCR-scanow)
AVG tuneup
AVG (AV)
MSE (AV)
Restore point.
I do not know what happened, but I have posted on several other forums, but no answer.
Thanks,
Danawesome.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Repeated "bad image" error (think it's something to do w/laptop)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Repeated "bad image" error (think it's something to do w/laptop)

Did you fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-bad-image-error-think-its-something-to-do-w-laptop.198178/
Relevancy 101.48%

HI!
I've been researching this issue for a while and cant find any solution. If anyone have any ideas what could be causing please let me know. I will be very thankful for any help, and sorry if there was a similar thread, I must have missed it.

From time to time (maybe every 15-20 minutes) my computer starts making windows error sound. The error sound than sounds like for every 2 seconds for a span of 10 seconds. Every time the sound comes on, a letter "q" instantly is entered like 10 times..So If I am typing this right now and problem comes on, I would have lots of letters "q" to delete. If I play a game or watch a movie though, it seems there are no problem.. I did scan the whole computer for viruses and its clean.

Thanks!

A:Repeated error sound and repeated entrance of letter "Q"

Code:
BugCheck 1A, {41284, 2c691001, ad, fffff70001080000}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4a13 )

Code:
Usual causes: Device driver, memory, kernel
Install Service Pack 1:

Code:
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack 1 has introduced many security and stability updates for Windows 7, and therefore not installing Service Pack 1 can leave you more vulnerable to malware and crashes.

Install all Important and Optional Windows Updates via Windows Update:

Start > Type: Windows Update > Install Updates/Scan for Updates

Remove Daemon Tools Lite:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite
Daemon Tools is a common cause of BSODs within Windows 7, and as a result it is highly recommended you remove this program.

Run full scans with Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials:Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
MSE has proven to much more stable and been less problematic with Windows 7, make sure the security definitations for both MSE and Malwarebytes are fully updated before scanning.

Please run the following test for your RAM:RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Run Memtest86+ for least 7-8 passes, and preferrly overnight as it can take a while to fully complete.

Test each RAM stick individually, if an error is found then move the same RAM stick into the next DIMM slot and test again, if errors are found for the same RAM stick in every available slot then you have a faulty RAM module. On the other hand, if no errors are found in the next slot or the other slots for the same RAM module, then you have a faulty DIMM slot.

Test each RAM stick and every motherboard DIMM slot available.

Hard Drive:Disk Check
CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
SeaTools for Windows | Seagate
Scan for corrupted or missing Windows files with:SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot

Please post back your results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/266931-repeated-error-sound-repeated-entrance-letter-q.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi I have a very frustrating problem One day I was playing a game and then my cp BSOD it s OC d so I wasn t too alarmed Then I went to boot back up and all I got was a blinking cursor No msg no text NOTHING Well I looked around on the internet and though a combination of windows startup repair Read reason! "Disk for no Error" messages Repeated and bootrec bootsec diskpart and chkdsk I was Repeated "Disk Read Error" messages for no reason! able to get it to where now all it will say is Disk Read Error press ctrl alt del to restart Of course pressing that does nothing The weird thing is that I know the drive is good I can read all the data off of it just fine I don t think it s going out as it s an gb intel ssd in Repeated "Disk Read Error" messages for no reason! a desktop with very good airflow no issues there Then when I try to go through windows startup repair it says no problems clearly lying Another weird thing is that when I first go to recovery options it will detect my os just fine but then I run bootrec scanos and it comes up with a BIG FAT NOTHING I ve been at this for about hours on and off and I m at my wits end Any suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated I really really want to avoid formatting and re-installing because I very much want to not have to go through the huge hassle of re-installing EVERYTHING And even more so because I know the drive and data are good Thanks in advance guys J

Relevancy 92.45%

My system has intermittently, but repeatedly, given me the "System has recovered from a serious error" screen upon boot, and created minidump files. The system continues to boot and run XP without crashes, errors or significant problems beyond sometimes sluggish response. I have used Windbg to see that ntoskrnl.exe is probably the problem and the "!analyze -v" includes reference to "PROCESS_NAME: avgcsrvx.exe" but I don't know what needs to be fixed. Two minidump files are attached as well as the text from windbg. Any insight or help would be appreciated.
Thank you

A:Repeated "System has recovered from a serious error" - minidump attached

I have compared your debug txt to my own with no discrepancies
So you are set up properly to read your dmps.

The driver that has caused the fault is avgcsrvx.exe
This is part of your AVG antivirus software.

A couple of questions:
Do you have more than one av installed?
(note: Having more than one installed will cause conflicts, instability and insecurity.)

How long have you had avg installed and when was your last update?
They may have an update that fixes the problem, or your most recent update may be the cause of the problem.
You might try rolling back to a previous version, or updating (if available).

Otherwise, since avg does sometimes cause problems for some systems,
you could try another av product.
My preference is for Avira. Top marks in effectiveness, extremely rarely is there a conflict issue (for me), and very frequent updates, (usually two a day).
I highly recommend it, if you are interested in an alternative.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-system-has-recovered-from-a-serious-error-minidump-attached.153097/
Relevancy 92.02%

I've been receiving repeated blue screen errors with the DRVMCDB.SYS file referenced in it. It typically only happens when I have to reboot my computer for some reason (or decide to shut it down and then restart it). I know the file relates to my Sonic Solutions hardward/software for my cd drive in some form due to the Windows Error Reporting message of:

Problem caused by Sonic Solutions CD/DVD Recording Software Component (DRVMCDB.SYS)

This problem was caused by Sonic Solutions CD/DVD Recording Software Component (DRVMCDB.SYS). Sonic Solutions CD/DVD Recording Software Component (DRVMCDB.SYS) was created by Sonic Solutions.
------------------------------------------------

I've already gone to the Sonic website and made sure I updated all drivers and stuff like that I could find. I just don't know what else to do and it constantly happening is beginning to make me worry.

System specs are below in my sig.

Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 91.16%

So I hopped onto my computer this morning and did the same thing I do every morning which is to say nothing special I maximized a browser and logged onto my favorite blog while I ate breakfast However after a few minutes the computer crashed with some form or blue screen Repeated - crashes error? "SYMEFA64.SYS" that I d never seen before The screen read that an attempt had been made to write to the read-only memory and so Repeated crashes - "SYMEFA64.SYS" error? it had to force a crash in order to protect the system It then proceeded to initiate a physical memory dump and when it finished well it just sat there until I rebooted as it instructed me too Additionally it stated that it thought the problem was related to a recent software or hardware installation and to make sure any hardware was connected properly or that if the problem persists to uninstall any recently added apps or devices Problem is that I ve not installed anything on my PC in ages and this problem seems to only have spontaneously started this morning I hadn t even turned the computer off lately and I wasn t visiting any unusual places when the first crash happened It was buisness as usual Before I get into system details and such I d like to give a few other tidbits first I tried several reboots but any time I don t boot into safe-mode where I m posting from now the computer loads normally but after no more then five minutes sometimes immediately it repeats the exact same process as above So going into safe mode I ve run scans with both AdAware v as well as Norton both of which turned up nothing I then tried a system restore to a saved point from last week Didn t help either -System Specs- OS Vista Home Premium Service Pack Processor AMD Phenom Triple-core GHz Memory Gb Ram Computer is just an off the shelf HP boxed unit Model number a f My last reboot in safe mode netted me this error report quot Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode be BCP FFFFF F BCP C C BCP FFFFFA B BCP B OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Owner AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Owner AppData Local Temp WERAEC tmp version txt quot Additionally I jotted down some of the technical jargon from the blue screen itself means nothing to me but hopefully it ll help pinpoint the problem SYMEFA SYS An attempt was made to write to read-only memory Technical Information STOP x BE xFFFFF D A x c xFFFFFA B E B x B SYMEFA SYS - Address FFFFFA B B base at FFFFFA B Date Stamp a ea After that it d initiate the quot crash dump quot I think it was called and then proceeded to dump the physical memory to disk I m a bit out of my depth here I mean look at what kind of PC I m using but I m hoping someone can lend a hand I m good at following technical instructions at the very least nbsp

Relevancy 91.16%

My old year old Windows XP Home Laptop has started beeping every seconds The beep is sent through the speakers The problem I believe has something to do with the battery system on Repeated Laptop "Beeps" of the laptop as I have also noticed that the computer is no longer able to give me any estimate of the amount of charge on the battery However as a test I changed the configuration of the computer so that there would be no report as to battery condition This allows me to run the computer on battery it would not prior Repeated "Beeps" on Laptop to the configuration change it would go into hibernation and I ran the computer on battery for over an hour before I decided that the test was sufficient Unfortunately even in desktop configuration Repeated "Beeps" on Laptop the beeps continue The beeps are not the Battery Critical or Battery Low wavs In fact I tried to Repeated "Beeps" on Laptop find which wav file was being played to make the beep so I listened to over wavs that I found on the computer I could not find the file So I will describe it as sounding like to old POST beep that meant that a computer had passed the Power On Self Test that we used to hear when booting computers back in the s Maybe some still do that Any ideas other than replacing the laptop my wife already said NO as I ve already replaced computers in the last months nbsp

A:Repeated "Beeps" on Laptop

The beep codes still mean something and there is usually a pattern to the beeps sort of like old morse code. If it would be possible to get some info on the computer like make and model number and system specs with the OS and service packs installed it would help along witht he pattern of the beeps.

It could be something as simple as the ram chis(s) need to be reseated, if you are going to try this please do it with the computer turned-off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repeated-beeps-on-laptop.626723/
Relevancy 91.16%

My old year old Windows XP Home Laptop on Repeated "Beeps" Laptop has started beeping every seconds The beep is sent through the speakers The problem I believe has something to do with the battery system of the laptop as I have also noticed that the computer is no longer able to give me any estimate of the amount of charge on the battery However as a test I changed the configuration of the computer so that there would be no report as to battery condition This allows me to run the computer on battery it would not prior to the configuration change it would go Repeated "Beeps" on Laptop into hibernation and I ran the computer on battery for over an hour before I decided that the test was sufficient Unfortunately even in desktop Repeated "Beeps" on Laptop configuration the beeps continue The beeps are not the Battery Critical or Battery Low wavs In fact I tried to find which wav file was being played to make the beep so I listened to over wavs that I found on the computer I could not find the file So I will describe it as sounding like to old POST beep that meant that a computer had passed the Power On Self Test that we used to hear when booting computers back in the s Maybe some still do that Any ideas other than replacing the laptop my wife already said NO as I ve already replaced computers in the last months nbsp

A:Repeated "Beeps" on Laptop

Evidently nobody on the Hardware Forum has an answer for me, so while I do not believe this is a software problem, I shall move it over to the XP Forum. Perhaps I'll find help there.

If you do happen to see this here and wish to reply, please do so in the XP Forum where (in just minutes) I shall post there under the same topic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repeated-beeps-on-laptop.626264/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi I have a Toshiba r - PT E work laptop It is running Windows x Enterprise It has one GB stick of ram which is PC Windows Windows" getting Laptop "Error or hangs at "Starting 0xC0000225" works fine with this I have obtained a GB stick of ram which is PC With just this one in Windows works fine However if I have BOTH sticks put in the BIOS recognises that there is GB installed but Windows fails to boot It gets stuck at the quot Starting Windows quot screen If I restart it asks me if I want to start windows normally or to run the Windows repair If I try that I get the message quot Laptop hangs at "Starting Windows" or getting "Error 0xC0000225" Error xc The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible quot I tried using a Windows System Restore disc but that doesnt work If I try either of the sticks in the laptop one at a time then Windows boots up fine Is this just down to the laptop not being compatible with the mixture of speeds I thought that if they were mixed it would just use the lower speed by default So confused

A:Laptop hangs at "Starting Windows" or getting "Error 0xC0000225"

Hello borito, Welcome to SevenForums!

Is this a laptop provided by a company you work for by any chance?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331694-laptop-hangs-starting-windows-getting-error-0xc0000225.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Recently my computer is giving error messages for exe tasks I counted over twenty upon start ups and after The exact messages read quot Google Update exe or other task names - Bad Image quot quot The application or DLL quot C PROGRA Google GOOGLE GOEC DLL is not a valid Windows image Please check "not & image" a "Google Update.exe Bad Windows Image" valid - this against your installation diskette quot My Operating System is Windows XP I did a HijackThis scan as follows and thank you for your help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device "Google Update.exe - Bad Image" & "not a valid Windows image" Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files RegCure RegCure exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmbmgr exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files ParetoLogic Anti-Spyware Pareto AS exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Sierra Imaging Image Expert IXApplet exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmbmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http home peoplepc com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook no name - C -B C - - D-B AD E D - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - FBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec In... Read more

A:"Google Update.exe - Bad Image" & "not a valid Windows image"

Bump.

I see on the HijackThis log, line 020 is the line that I'm getting on the error messages regarding bad image. So now, my husband uninstalled the Google download he did before and also uninstalled the folders with Google in them. The result is that the "Bad Image" pop-up messages have ceased, but I don't know if that's all we need to do.

I did another HijackThis log, which follows:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 5:10:56 PM, on 10/3/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS2\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\Program Files\RegCure\RegCure.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1195317500\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\17.0.0.136\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\PSIService.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\SeaPort\SeaPort.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\17.0.0.136\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\devldr32.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\TFEngine\TFService.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\Update.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://home.peoplepc.com/search
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R3 - URLSearchHook: IAOLTBSearch Class - {EA756889-2338-43DB-8F07-D1CA6FB9C90D} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\aoltb.dll
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - 731C719-B8C5-4282-993D-B5AD0E77531D} - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - FBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/google-update-exe-bad-image-not-a-valid-windows-image.864567/
Relevancy 87.72%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 86%

Which one should I do? I originally wanted to just do "Return computer to factory condition" but Theog just suggested "Use A System Image Created Earlier." I have no idea what to do. So confusing!

A:"Return computer to factory condition" or "Use A System Image Crea..."

Hello M4TE and welcome to Seven Forums. Sorry for the delay in responding but I just came across your question.

Most newer manufactured computers have a hidden recovery partition on the hard drive. The manufacturer provides specific instructions on how to access that partition in case you want to restore your machine to the exact condition it was in when it left the factory. That means you'd have to go through the time consuming process of cleaning out factory bloatware (like free trials of programs you'll never need), installing programs you do need, updating everything, creating your personal settings, etc. Here is a general idea of how to access the hidden recovery partition.

HP Recovery From Partition

Let's say it took you a day or two to set up your machine to your liking using the hidden recovery partition. A System Image is like a snapshot of your entire hard drive. It will include everything from the operating system to all your programs, files, photos, music, all updates ... everything. Most folks keep it on a separate external hard drive. Let's say a week later you get a virus or your machine crashes for some reason. You can use that System Image to return your machine to the exact condition it was in when you made the image. Usually takes about 30 minutes or so and you're back in business. It's a lot faster and more convenient to only worry about a week of updates compared to probably months with the hidden recovery partition. The newer a System Image is the less you have to worry about.

But one caution: since a System Image is, for all purposes, an exact duplicate of the hard drive, it will also include any malware that may be on the machine. So if in doubt, it might be best to use the hidden recovery partition to start off with a clean slate and then make a System Image immediately following all customizing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/185899-return-computer-factory-condition-use-system-image-crea.html
Relevancy 86%

Dear Experts,

I have created windows image on Drive F: but delete it after some time manually due to some space prob.
But while backup shows about 40 GB only few GB space got free after deletion. When i try to again take the the backup using windows 7 backup & restore option, its still shows 35 Gb of System Image in drive F: when i brows the Manage Disc Space option but i cant find it on the same drive. (Plz see attached pic)
Plz help me to locate this and delete the same.

Thanks

A:Cant find "System Image" of 36 GB but its shows on "Manage Disc Space"

Hello sattyaji, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It may still be showing if the system image was created as part of a Windows backup. Using the tutorial below to reset Windows Backup should clear it for you, but you will need to set up your backup again afterwards.

Backup User and System Files - Reset to Default Configuration

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/284067-cant-find-system-image-36-gb-but-its-shows-manage-disc-space.html
Relevancy 83.85%

When I launch Remote Desktop Connection on a Windows 7 SP1 64-bit machine, I receive an error:

==============
mstsc.exe - Bad Image

C:\Windows\System32\msxml6.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
==============
Repeats twice, then:

==============
Remote Desktop Connection
An internal error has occurred.
==============

I have uninstalled, and reinstalled Windows6.1-KB2592687-x64.msu, but the issue remains.
I have performed a SFC /scannnow, and the issue remains.
I have performed a system restore, and the issue remains.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/51a5a3da-cfac-4a1b-9a69-212dd2411f71/cant-launch-remote-desktop-connection-due-to-error-quotmstscexe-bad-imagequot?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 83.85%

For the past week or my computer has been infected with Antivirus I have encountered this virus before on numerous different computers but this is the first time that I have seen it on my computer Every other time I have dealt Bad Infection "Ghost" 2009 Error/Antivirus Image with it all I would have to Bad Image Error/Antivirus 2009 "Ghost" Infection do is run Malwarebytes once or twice and that would be the end of the problem However when I did that on my computer it did not find Antivirus anywhere So I looked for the common signs of it such as the folder in the program files and looking in the process tab of the task manager for av exe or anything of the sort but none of that was there So after I ran Malewarebytes which found some other viruses or trjoans which required a reboot to delete them I started getting bad image errors for the files that were deleted by Malwarebtyes This message popsup anytime I open an executable program or when all Bad Image Error/Antivirus 2009 "Ghost" Infection of these programs load up when Windows starts So now I have two problems I keep getting Antivirus popups as well as popups for other sites like searchme com but there is no program to delete or any trace of it on my computer so it seems and I keep getting these annoying Bad Image messages anytime I open something and I desperately want to get rid of them The exact message error is quot The application or DLL c windows system dudimuba dll is not a valid Windows image Please check this against your intallation diskette quot And I have also tried running Malwarebytes in safe mode doing a full system scan which still has lead to no trace of AV Thanks in advance for any help you can give me I couldn't get DDS to work so I used RSIT instead which is the log file posted below Logfile of random's system information tool written by random random Run by Charbel at - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack System drive C has GB free of GB Total RAM MB free Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe F Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System M-AudioTaskBarIcon exe F Adobe CS Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XboxStat exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe F DS Max DS Max mentalray satellite raysat dsMax server exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe F iTunesHelper exe F Nero Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe F PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exe C Program Files ArcSoft TotalMedia Backup amp Record uBBMonitor exe C Program Files MagicDisc MagicDisc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision ... Read more

A:Bad Image Error/Antivirus 2009 "Ghost" Infection

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/bad-image-error-antivirus-2009-ghost-infection-334409.html
Relevancy 83.85%

i want to create recovery imag
when i try using "command prompt" (as admin) , writing image struck at 1% after 20 mins it screen displays "Error Code - 0x80070005"....
refer snap shot
thank yuu

A:cant create recovery image "Error Code - 0x80070005"

you already have a thread going with this same topic ,why start a new one ???

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/61452-cant-create-recovery-image-error-code-0x80070005.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I'm currently using TeamViewer 10, though this happened with TeamViewer 9 too.
This error message pops up appears when I log into Windows 7, but not does appear again after hitting OK.
This is still problematic because TeamViewer does not start until the error is clicked, so I cannot remotely restart my computer.

I've attached a jpg with the error, which reads:

"TeamViwer: TeamViewer.exe - Bad Image

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\api-ms-win-downlevel-shell32-l1-1-0.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling TeamViewer, but it does not resolve the issue.

Thanks for your help!
James

A:"Teamviewer.exe - Bad Image" error upon Windows 7 startup/login

Run option two in this tutorial: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/383965-teamviewer-exe-bad-image-error-upon-windows-7-startup-login.html
Relevancy 83.85%

on my sisters laptop, shes had a bunch of stuff go wrong with it (spyware, virus's Trojans worms, anything else u can think of...)

I've gotten rid of all that crap..i think

but now were getting a "The application or Dll C:/WINDOWS/System32/__c0095b4.dat is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskettes." error coming up.

any help would be sweet (she didn't run recovery disk creator when she first got the laptop, the icons still on her desktop also, so i havn't got those :"( )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comming-up-with-a-this-file-is-not-a-valid-windows-image-error.646412/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello TechSupportForum I am pretty certain my Windows causing program launch Malware error on "Bad Image" XP PC is infected with Malware I set up my home PC with gotomypc so I could use it while staying abroad for Malware causing "Bad Image" error on program launch an extended stay Things were working fine until several Malware causing "Bad Image" error on program launch weeks ago when the computer started displaying continuous Bad Image error messages An example of a recent message is as follows quot Jre- u -windows-i -iftw exe - bad image quot Malware causing "Bad Image" error on program launch The application or DLL C windows system ATL dll is not a valid windows image Please check this against your installation diskette quot I now get such error messages on just about every program I launch This error prevents me from running any malware scanning software Tried running Malwarebytes and Superantispyware--both failed to launch Avira antivirus has not given me any virus warnings however I cannot perform any scans with it since this problem started happening It just hangs when I try running a manual scan yet it apparently continues to run in the system tray and download virus updates I can only access the pc via gotomypc for now Is it possible to disinfect the PC by accessing solely via gotomypc My DDS log is as follows and ARK txt file and Attach txt files are in the attach zip file attached to this message Thanks in advance DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Rick at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com keyword s BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No File BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun FreeRAM XP quot c program files yourware solutions freeram xp pro FreeRAM XP Pro exe quot -win uRun SandboxieControl quot c program files sandboxie SbieCtrl exe quot uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings rick local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c mRun GBB X Configure quot c windows system JMRaidTool exe quot boot mRun IgfxTray quot c windows system igfxtray exe quot mRun Persistence quot c windows system igfxpers exe quot mRun IMJPMIG quot c windows ime imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration mRun MSPY quot c windows system ime pintlgnt ImScInst exe quot SYNC mRun PHIME ASync quot c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE quot SYNC mRun PHIME A quot c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE quot IMEName mRun RemoteControl quot c program files cyberlink dvd solution powerdvd PDVDServ exe quot mRun IntelliPoint quot c program files microsoft intellipoint point exe quot mRun Windows Defender quot c program files windows defender MSASCui exe quot -hide mRun TrueImageMonitor exe quot c program files acronis trueimagehome TrueImageMonitor exe quot mRun AcronisTimounterMonitor quot c program files acronis trueimagehome TimounterMonitor exe quot mRun Acronis Scheduler Service quot c program files common files acronis schedule schedhlp exe quot mRun ISUSPM Startup quot c progra common instal update ISUSPM exe quot -startup mRun ISUSScheduler quot c program files common files installshield updateservice issch exe quot -start mRun COMODO Internet Security quot c program files comodo comodo internet security cfp exe quot -h mRun ThreatFire c program files threatfire TFTray exe mRun j quot c program fi... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/malware-causing-bad-image-error-on-program-launch-417353.html
Relevancy 83.85%

For the past week or my computer has been infected with Antivirus I have encountered this virus before on numerous different computers but this is the first time that I have seen it on my computer Every other time I have dealt with it all I would have to do is run Malwarebytes once or twice and that would be the end of the problem However when Infection 2009 Error/Antivirus "Ghost" Bad Image I did that on my computer it did not find Antivirus anywhere So I looked for the common signs of it such as the folder in the program files and looking in the process tab of the Bad Image Error/Antivirus 2009 "Ghost" Infection task manager for av exe or anything of the sort but none of that was there So after I ran Malewarebytes which found some other viruses or trjoans which required a reboot to delete them I started getting bad image errors for the files that were deleted by Malwarebtyes This message popsup anytime I open an executable program or when all of these programs load up when Windows Bad Image Error/Antivirus 2009 "Ghost" Infection starts So now I have two problems I keep getting Antivirus popups as well as popups for other sites like searchme com but there is no program to delete or any trace of it on my computer so it seems and I keep getting these annoying Bad Image messages anytime I open something and I desperately want to get rid Bad Image Error/Antivirus 2009 "Ghost" Infection of them The exact message error is quot The application or DLL c windows system dudimuba dll is not a valid Windows image Please check this against your intallation diskette quot And I have also tried running Malwarebytes in safe mode doing a full system scan which still has lead to no trace of AV Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

A:Bad Image Error/Antivirus 2009 "Ghost" Infection

This is in the wrong section but oh well, follow the steps on here >>
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

for malware removal help from the experts...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bad-image-error-antivirus-2009-ghost-infection-334371.html
Relevancy 83.85%

After browsing through many of the threads here I "WINLOGON.EXE option boot error: - work Black after Bad Screen Image" no - XP have decided to post my own as I am unable to come to any conclusions MSI Pentium GHz x GB HD Maxtor x MD DDR- It won t boot at XP Black Screen - no boot option work after error: "WINLOGON.EXE - Bad Image" all - none of the F boot options work which I have tried several times after recieving the following error Dialog Box Heading WINLOGON EXE - Bad Image Message not exactly c windows WnSxS xxxxxxxxxWindows Common Controlsxxxxxxxxxxxx - bad image I have used the Recovery Console to browse around a bit to see if I can trace what happened find suspisious files looking XP Black Screen - no boot option work after error: "WINLOGON.EXE - Bad Image" at log files etc Nothing All attempts to boot all boot options result in the same situation the regular WinXP load screen appears then it turns black mouse appears and there I sit waiting for the login screen I am still able to move mouse but no other actions have any effect I have had the machine for years and never had any serious issues and I have kept drivers and Xp updated except I haven t installed SP yet Thanks for anything that might help PS Reinstall is not an option yet TROND nbsp

A:XP Black Screen - no boot option work after error: "WINLOGON.EXE - Bad Image"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-black-screen-no-boot-option-work-after-error-winlogon-exe-bad-image.277540/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi I have a Samsung PM GB SSD I made an image backup two nights ago with Windows Ultimate -bit Then yesterday nbsp I had some issues with partition alignment which somehow botched the Windows code Windows parameter incorrect") (Error is 0x80070057; "the restore image Repair Recovery Environment found in quot Repair Your Computer quot Windows image restore (Error code 0x80070057; "the parameter is incorrect") when you hit F on boot Windows however was fine after a startup repair and the partition was aligned perfectly However I couldn't get the Recovery Environment back so I did a fresh install Windows image restore (Error code 0x80070057; "the parameter is incorrect") of Windows Professional -bit onto my system The recovery partition was there and on a side note it was aligned correctly too I am now trying to restore the image I made a few days ago However I realize I cannot conduct this restore of the image if Iaccess the recovery environment through the hard drive tells me it can't restore because the environment is on the hard drive which is to be restored or a disc I cannot eject a disc in the recovery environemnt due to lacking drivers for the touch-sensitive eject key So I put the Recovery Environment on a flash drive which seems to work fine though I cannot be certain that this is working perfectly Nonetheless I insert the disc with my backup GB Blu-ray DL and the jump drive Boot into the recovery environment via flash drive my motherboard supports USB booting and attempt to restore the image It tells me it will have to format the drive etc However as soon as I click the final quot yes quot prompt and it starts to restore it immediately spits an error at me Error The parameter is incorrectCode x I have google'd this for hours no luck so few people have this problem and if so it is in MAKING the backup not restoring it The disc is fine I've cleaned in numerous times If you can't figure out the solution can someone PLEASE tell me how to get this image onto my hard drive somehow It is a vhd file about GB in size but it includes a handful of other cryptically-titled files Thanks Ibrahim Some possible useful bits of information I made an image of my Ultimate -bit drive but only had a Pro disc handy I have my Ultimate -bit key but don't have the disc currently So I'm trying to restore an image of Ultimate -bit onto my Pro -bit installation issue There were no errors when making the image Idea wipe the drive clean how and then use the image restore tool on my jump drive I would do this RIGHT now but I don't know how to format the hard drive without concurrently installing Windows I have GParted which I initially used to align the partition on a disc just use that I want to be SURE that this is a good solution though if I formatted it tried the restore and it failed it would be a PITA to have to reinstall again

A:Windows image restore (Error code 0x80070057; "the parameter is incorrect")

Guys. I fixed it. It's doing the image restore now. I called MS and they told me that you can't do an image restore unless ALL the drives are exactly as they were. Meaning when I was using my jump drive to initiate the recovery (because I can't eject the recovery disk to put in the image disk), it was counting that as a drive. So no go on using a jump drive to initiate the Windows Recovery Environment. That was what was the "the parameter is incorrect; 0x80070057" error. I figured out a workaround that I should have seen INSTANTLY. All this time, it's been there. When you're selecting an image, Microsoft realized some people might have their images on external drives which require special drivers. You just go there and wala, you see a Browse icon. Go in there, right-click the optical drive, eject, put in the one with the image. It's restoring now. OH YEAH! And, btw, if you were wondering, 3 is the limit of times you can clean install from an upgrade disk on 7. I had to call and get that working,too. ~Ibrahim~

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d1d5e820-4b3f-4848-8861-8c0736c5fd1a/windows-image-restore-error-code-0x80070057-quotthe-parameter-is-incorrectquot?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 83.85%

Please would someone help me to regain control of my PC?
Windows 7, but I get a bad image error on all start up apps, and when I try to start any program except Chrome browser. I have also found a file in users called wangjihua, which I cannot delete, even in safe mode.
I've tried many antivirus and anti malware to no avail, mostly from a previous resolved similar issue solved by Broni Malware Annihilator
Regards
pme1410

A:Bad Image error upon boot and opening programs, and an unknown new user, "wangjihua"?

Ok, now I've got my two text logs from FRST, here is the first one, part 1;

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) (x64) Version:13-08-2015
Ran by Peter (administrator) on PETER-PC-W7-64 (13-08-2015 19:09:35)
Running from C:\Users\Peter\Desktop
Loaded Profiles: Peter (Available Profiles: Peter)
Platform: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (X64) Language: English (United States)
Internet Explorer Version 11 (Default browser: Chrome)
Boot Mode: Normal
Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/335081-frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

==================== Processes (Whitelisted) =================

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, the process will be closed. The file will not be moved.)

(IBM Corp.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Trusteer\Rapport\bin\RapportMgmtService.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\igfxCUIService.exe
(SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSvc.exe
(SUPERAntiSpyware.com) C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCORE64.EXE
(Acronis) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
(Acronis) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\CDP\afcdpsrv.exe
(Acronis) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center\itype.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center\ipoint.exe
(ASUSTeK Computer Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\AsRoutineController.exe
(ASUSTeK Computer Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\Wi-Fi GO!\AssistTools\WiFi GO! Server.exe
(ASUSTeK Computer Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\DIGI+ Power Control\PowerControlHelp.exe
(iolo technologies, LLC) C:\Program Files (x86)\iolo\System Mechanic Professional\ioloGovernor64.exe
() C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\1.00.19\atkexComSvc.exe
(ASUSTeK Computer Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AAHM\1.00.20\aaHMSvc.exe
(ASUSTeK Computer Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsSysCtrlService\1.00.13\AsSysCtrlService.exe
(ASUSTeK Computer Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsusFanControlService\1.01.08\AsusFanControlService.exe
(Broadcom Corporation.) C:\Program Files\ASUS\Bluetooth Software\btwdins.exe
(Dassault Systèmes) C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\DraftSight\bin\dsHttpApiService.exe
(DTS, Inc) C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\DTSU2PAuSrv64.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\ehome\ehrecvr.exe
(Realtek Semiconductor) C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe
(Realtek Semiconductor) C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe
(SoftPerfect Research) C:\Program Files\NetWorx\networx.exe
(Logitech, Inc.) C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP\SetPoint.exe
(SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION) C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S50STB.EXE
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
(SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION) C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S50RPB.EXE
() C:\Program Files\Ditto\Ditto.exe
(Spotify Ltd) C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\SpotifyWebHelper.exe
(Nero AG) C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Sync Manager\HSMServiceEntry.exe
(Intel(R) Corporation) C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\HeciServer.exe
(Siber Systems) C:\Program Files (x86)\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\robotaskbaricon.exe
(Piriform Ltd) C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\IPROSetMonitor.exe
(Google Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
(iolo technologies, LLC) C:\Program Files (x86)\iolo\Common\Lib\ioloServiceManager.exe
(Broadcom Corporation.) C:\Program Files\ASUS\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe
(Secunia) C:\Program Files (x86)\Secunia\PSI\psi_tray.exe
(Logitech, Inc.) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\KHAL3\KHALMNPR.exe
(Dropbox, Inc.) C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL\Jhi_s... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-image-error-upon-boot-and-opening-programs-and-an-unknown-new-user-wangjihua.218096/
Relevancy 83.85%

Upon launch I receive this error. I have included a link to the screenshot of the event:

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m230/Ezra44/image3.png

I am using the Steam version of the game.

I have updated the AMD driver fully to 12.1 and as well as the game.

A:Modern Warfare 3: Launch Error "couldn't load image 'default'"

I may have this issue solved, I just need to verify the game cache. More updates in 10 minutes.

Update: It has been solved

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modern-warfare-3-launch-error-couldnt-load-image-default.1041643/
Relevancy 83.42%

Environment Lenovo H U workstation on Windows Domain Server Windows Prof Sp GB RAM Intel Xeon CPU E - V ghz Up-to-date on Windows updates User has admin rights Symantec Endpoint Cloud and Malwarebytes say it's clean Problem This PC has been in place for months with no problems On the user tried to print an email from Outlook and got a quot Close Preview Outlook exe - Bad Image quot error The body of the error says quot C windows system prnfldr dll is either not designed to run on Windows or They get a similar error when & error when from trying Image" 9 to FoxPro "Bad Outlook print trying to print from Visual Foxpro w sp In both cases it's always saying that prnfldr dll is the problem There is an identical PC in the same area I copied this file from the working PC "Bad Image" error when trying to print from Outlook & FoxPro 9 to this one but the problem persists The strange thing this is that Outlook will sometimes print without incident Visual Foxpro always gets "Bad Image" error when trying to print from Outlook & FoxPro 9 this error Has anyone ever seen this before Thanks

A:"Bad Image" error when trying to print from Outlook & FoxPro 9

Try from elevated command prompt:

Code:
sfc/scannow
Any errors?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/283326-bad-image-error-when-trying-print-outlook-foxpro-9-a.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hey,

I would like some help to do with this error it happens whenever I open Task scheduler and when I try to create a Task

Help would be appreciated,
Josh

A:Error: "The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with."

Hello Josh,

You might see if doing a system restore using a restore point dated before you think you had this error to see if it may be able to fix it for you. You may need to try a few restore points before finding one old enough before this error.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/280838-error-task-image-corrupt-has-been-tampered.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi all A friend from work has experienced a problem with her computer and has asked me to look at it The problem occured while she was doing her usual browsing emailing and facebook the computer just shut down on its own accord On start up it loaded up fine and appeared to be normal However when she double clicked on her I E icon the following message occurs quot Googledesktop exe-bad image The application or dll c program files google google desktop search googledesktopcommon dll windows (+logs) "Not a error image" valid is "Not a valid windows image" error (+logs) not a valid windows image Please check this against your installation deskette quot Her brother in law has already run three different scans including a normal anti virus scan spybot search and destroy Nothing came up I have also run a disk error check and everything appears to be fine She has tried a system restore but that didnt fix this problem either I have "Not a valid windows image" error (+logs) just come back from her home after looking I found out that the error message above comes up on startup When the I E icon is doubled clicked sometimes the message will repappear and sometimes it will just load and never actually display anything I have run another scan myself on pc spyware docter and found different viruses such as tracking cookies trojan horse back door and advertisement viruses It also found another threats which have all been deleted this however did not solve the problem I have also tried running a portable version of Firefox off my pen drive but no luck it will not open or load just freezes and doesnt respond after clicking on it to open Any ideas and help on this would be very much appreciated Thanks The DDS logs are given below and please see attached for the ark txt and attach txt --------------------------------------------------------------------------- DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Gillian at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS ehome mcrdsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C Program Files Corel Corel Snapfire Plus Corel Photo Downloader exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe F dds scr C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uD... Read more

Relevancy 83.42%

I ve recently started getting a series of bad image messages at start up and when I initiate a program for the first time I have run Hijackthis and messages up start error Solved: Image" at "Bad submit my log for any advice you may have Martyn Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXE C Program Files iPod Access for Windows iPAHelper exe C Program Files Kontiki KService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe F Program Files Photodex ProShowProducer ScsiAccess exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C Program Files Solved: "Bad Image" error messages at start up Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C WINDOWS system AEIWLSTA EXE C Program Files TalkTalk bin sprtcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C PROGRA LEXMAR LXBRKsk exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Free Download Manager fdm exe C Program Files Free Download Manager fum fum exe C Program Files Free Download Manager FUM fumoei exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Wanadoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO ClickCatcher MSIE handler - - E - D - - - C Program Files Common Files ReGet Shared Catcher dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - A CC- F- B- AB - B ED AB - C WINDOWS system byXRKDsT dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - ACED C F- - - F -F E C F F - C WINDOWS system cbXRKAPG dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class - CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - C Program Files Free Download Manager iefdm dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dl... Read more

A:Solved: "Bad Image" error messages at start up

Hi Welcome to TSG!!
Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix.

Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that, along with a new HijackThis log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bad-image-error-messages-at-start-up.745922/
Relevancy 83.42%

First, I installed Windows 98 and Ghost 2003 on drive C and did a Ghost Backup (image file) of drive C to drive E. E is a 133-Gigabyte FAT32 partition.

I then went to DOS mode and renamed (MOVEed) the Program Files folder to Prog98 to prevent conflicts with Windows 2000.

I then installed Windows 2000 in a dual-boot configuration and then Ghost 2003. When attempting the same Ghost imaging as when under Windows 98, I get:
The image is on a drive that is not recognisedClick to expand...

I have searched the Symantec database and found nothing that addresses this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ghost-error-image-is-on-a-drive-that-is-not-recognised.238625/
Relevancy 83.42%

Every time I start and use Vista native speech recognition component I get the to vista-native a .dll error fix How image" file "Bad on following error --------------------------- Error Window Title MS SpeachUXMainNotifier sapisvr exe - Bad Image Error message c Windows System Speech SpeechUX SpeechUXPS DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support ---------------------------- Please help I have RSI and I need to make the speech module working without giving me this error every minutes I seems to be always at start-up of the module Also every time when you start a notepad-like program with some text entry And any time you switch between programs It make the speech recognition completely unusable I tried windows restore to go back to older image and activating the speech module one more time It did not help The DLL file is quot protected quot and can not be quot replaced quot by a DLL taken from another Vista install I can not reinstall How to fix "Bad image" error on a vista-native .dll file whole vista because of this Is there a easy-fix solution The files have same size in kbs so my-install file does not seem corrupted in any way Please help

A:How to fix "Bad image" error on a vista-native .dll file

I know nothing about the speech recognition component, but I would do an sfc /scannow to see if it will sort the corrupt file out - System Files - SFC Command

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/140967-how-fix-bad-image-error-vista-native-dll-file.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello, I'm trying to play a new game called ArcheAge, However for some reason before the game launches up i get this "Bad Image" error all of a sudden.
I've been looking around on the net and tried everything i could from :
-scanning for viruses
-sf /scannow
-disk check
-AdwCleaner
-Reinstalling the game over 5 times
so far nothing has worked for me...please help me out as i've spent over 6 hours trying to resolve this issue.

heres a picture of my problem :
Thanks in advance !

A:Error message "Bad Image" when trying to launch games

is this a steam game?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/338289-error-message-bad-image-when-trying-launch-games.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I am trying to recover and re-install XP to a netbook, and the recovery USB started normally, but then stopped with a message "Error Recovery Image Missing - Please Restart and Try Again"

I have restarted several times and it does not get past this point.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Thank you

A:What does "Error Recovery Image Missing" and can this be resolved?

Sounds like the USB Recovery Image is not being recognized or the files you installed to the USB drive are missing or damaged.

Can you start the netbook?

Start>All Programs>Recovery Backup.
If all else fails - a USB Dvd drive can be used to install Xp - if you have the install Cd.

UKT Support - Advent 4213 Netbook
http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/laptop/4213.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-does-error-recovery-image-missing-and-can-this-be-resolved.1026532/
Relevancy 83.42%

Windows XP Pro 2002 with SP2. I have a series of bugs, that latest one creates the "Bad Image" error message for several .exe files at start up and every time I open a new program. The common theme in the error message is the "perfc000.dat" at the end.
I have Symantec installed and have run Ad Aware in safe mode. I have turned up all of my firewalls, etc and still am getting trojans and other bugs constantly. I also have Virtumundo (spell?) which I downloaded a special program to remove. It went away for awhile, but that is back now too!
Please help

A:Need help - Error Msg "Bad Image"...perfc000.dat [Transferred from XP by chauffeur2]

Greetings from "The Land Down Under", dandlmich...Welcome to TSF!

(Pity it isn't under betters circumstances for you.)

In view of the problem that you have described, you are advised to go here; read the instructions carefully, and then post a HiJackThis Log back here, as I will transfer this thread to our HJT Help Forum. (Please click on the Blue Link.)

One of our trained Security analysts will then review the log and advise you accordingly.

Please be patient when awaiting your first reply, as The Security Team are usually very busy, and one of the crew will get to you as soon as they can.

To ensure that you receive the fastest attention possible, please go in to your User Control Panel,(User CP) > Edit Options and mark your "Thread notifications" to Instant Email Notification, this way you will receive an email as soon as a reply is posted.

Good Luck with it.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/need-help-error-msg-bad-image-perfc000-dat-transferred-from-xp-by-chauffeur2-159414.html
Relevancy 82.99%

For about a week now, I haven't been able to open/run any programs on my Windows 7 laptop. Here is the timeline to the best of my memory:

- 6/11 (about): downloaded driver to fix scroll/touchpad that wasn't scrolling
- 6/20 (about): successfully replaced cpu fan
- "Bad Image - ...Loader.dll file missing" began appearing over and over
- All files/programs/shortcuts don't open. Just get same dll error
- 6/28: noticed "Windows 7 Build 7600, This copy of Windows is not genuine"
- Found 6-8 highly suspicious programs in Uninstall Programs (crossbrowser, cinestudio, speedsearch are the only ones I remember). We're most likely downloaded with touchpad driver. When I noticed the programs, I clicked Uninstall on all, but they were not uninstalled, but only removed from the list in Uninstall Programs.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

A:Repeating Error: "Bad Image.... Loaded.dll file contains an error"

(Also, I tried sfc /scannow. That found and fixed two problems. But the problem persists. I then tried a system restore. Only one previous restore date was shown as an option. When I tried to restore it, it was unsuccessful)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397908-repeating-error-bad-image-loaded-dll-file-contains-error.html
Relevancy 82.56%

All exe files are recieving - pop up message error All ".exe" Bad Image files a pop up error message - Bad Image So an example when opening IE - the following comes up iexplore exe - Bad Image is the header of the error message global systemroot system kbiwkmjdioycjv dll is either not All ".exe" files - Bad Image error pop up message designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Try installing the All ".exe" files - Bad Image error pop up message program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support The only change to the constant barrage of pop ups is the header of the error what exe file is opening Running Windows Vista Here is the DDS txt file copy and pasted with All ".exe" files - Bad Image error pop up message the other files attached DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by kemp at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Internet Security enabled Updated CBB EE - - DAB- B -D C AA E A FW Norton Internet Security enabled C A C -F F- AC -B -A E C F Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k regsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C WINDOWS RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files aol ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Paltalk Messenger paltalk exe C Program Files Snapfish Picture Mover SnapfishMediaDetector exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Windows system schtasks exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system msiexec exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil c exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users kemp AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE VZ SXNV dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage mStart Page hxxp securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepa... Read more

A:All ".exe" files - Bad Image error pop up message

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.

This type of infection allows hackers to remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.

If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Please read this: How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud, and CC Fraud?

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Due to the restrictions on Vista, all tools should be started by Right-Click >>> Run As Administrator

Download ComboFix from any of the links below. You must rename it to Combo-Fix before saving it. Save it to your Desktop.

If you are using Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Main and select 'Always ask me where to save files' and click OK.

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save Combo-Fix.exe to your Desktop

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right-click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools.
Get help here
Double-click on Combo-Fix.exe & follow the prompts.

Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/all-exe-files-bad-image-error-pop-up-message-414729.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I keep getting intermittent quot insert program name - Bad Image quot error pop-up The message blames the file quot npmproxy dll due Error "npmproxy.dll" Bad to Image file quot The pop-up is normally associated with an Apple program I run Outlook and use iCloud and iTunes for syncing I have spent Bad Image Error due to file "npmproxy.dll" countless hours trying to fix this I have re-installed all Apple software several times I have run many Windows repair tools including virus scans etc Nothing seems to work Bad Image Error due to file "npmproxy.dll" I have run SFC both in regular and safe modes SFC finds an error with the file quot npmproxy dll quot but cannot repair it Says the quot source file in the store is corrupt quot I've down loaded a supposedly good copy of npmproxy dll from Microsoft but have have not been able to replace the corrupt file if it is really corrupt The SFC log excerpt is attached I'm ready to Bad Image Error due to file "npmproxy.dll" buy a Mac Is there a solution Or is this just a strange software conflict that I have to live with Running Windows with all updates on a two year old Acer Aspire Timeline laptop I do not have any original system disks as these were not provided by Acer

A:Bad Image Error due to file "npmproxy.dll"

Have you tried replacing the file in Safe mode and also as you have Win 7 x64 replace it in both Sys32 and SysWOW64 (C:\Windows\SysWOW64). Are you able to take ownership of the file before trying to replace it as per this tutorial
Permissions - Allow or Deny Users and Groups

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351328-bad-image-error-due-file-npmproxy-dll.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi,

I am trying to help a friend with their laptop. It is a fairly new Dell laptop (about 2 years old) running Windows XP. They don't know if one of there kids downloaded something with a virus or what caused the issue. I have never dealt with this sort of issue before.

When trying to boot the computer, one receives the following error after the Windows XP splash screen:

"The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\DNsapI.dll is not a valid Windows Image. Please check this against your installation diskette.".

The computer never boots up.

I would really appreciate help with this issue.

I hope it does not require the Windows XP disc, since they can not find it.

Thanks,

elizbeth

Relevancy 82.56%

Hi all A friend from work has experienced a problem with her computer and has asked me to look at it The problem occured while she was doing her usual browsing emailing and facebook the computer just shut down on its own accord On start up it loaded up fine and appeared to error valid "Not image" a windows be normal However "Not a valid windows image" error when she double clicked on her I E icon the following message occurs quot Googledesktop exe-bad image The application or dll c program files google google desktop search googledesktopcommon dll is not a valid windows image Please check this against your installation deskette quot Her brother in law has already run three different scans including a normal anti virus scan spybot search and destroy Nothing came up I have also run a disk error check and everything appears to be fine She has tried a system restore but that didnt fix this problem either Any ideas and help on this would be very much appreciated Thanks

A:"Not a valid windows image" error

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new thread, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/not-a-valid-windows-image-error-356957.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello I am used to certain Vista problems on my less-than-half-a-year-old HP laptop BSOD random shutdowns when idle the whole quot security options dialogue has failed to blahblah quot etc as I had done my research and found these to be relatively common Recently though there is a whole new batch of problems that are more serious It started the other day when I attempted to open a file I got one of those quot Bad Image quot Error messages Then trying to open AOL which I had never had a problem with before either I got another Error Message--a Bad Image message about AOLTopSpeed or something related quot not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error quot AOL still loads but I only get my buddy list and my mailbox to work no web-sites load through it Internet explorer and Firefox still work though other . things Image" . "Bad messages, . error among So these "Bad Image" error messages, among other things . . . error messages are becoming more and more frequent Now when I turn on my computer and logon to Windows the "Bad Image" error messages, among other things . . . first message I get is the following quot MSASCui exe - Bad Image C Windows system MSFTEDIT DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support quot So these are the types of things that go on Also some other things have been happening a lot lately though I'm not sure it's all related My Norton thing is CONSTANTLY telling me there are available updates and would I like to run LiveUpdate now The thing is if I do update it all there seem to be more and more updates available Hmm Also when I start up Windows I get the whole quot Preparing to Install Solution Center quot blah blah then it fails and says I need to insert a disc I've never had to do this before the Solution center info has always been there And why does it run anyway Sorry if this is poorly explained I'm trying to get the hang of this all without totally freaking out o So here is my log below and I've attached the other ones as zip files like it says to in the directions Wow words cannot describe how grateful I am to those who take the time to read the problems of individuals like myself and whatnot thanks in advance for your support Rachael DDS Version - NTFSx Run by rachael at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files HP QuickPlay Kernel TV QPCapSvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay Kernel TV QPSched exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager I... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/bad-image-error-messages-among-other-things-323032.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi I have recently started to get this message quot Concenter - Bad Image quot when I start my computer amp a quot Delayed Write Failed quot when XP "Concenter Windows Bad Error Image" - - SP3 I try to open any pdf files Any help in this regards would be appreciated Thanks I have run the HijackThis app and following is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZoneAlarm vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exe C WINDOWS system crypserv exe C Program Files Giraffic Veoh GirafficWatchdog exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Giraffic Veoh Giraffic exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZoneAlarm zatray exe C "Concenter - Bad Image" Error - Windows XP SP3 Documents and Settings All Users Application Data LGMOBILEAX B C Client B CNotiAgent exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer veohwebplayer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search conduit com SearchSource amp ctid CT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL "Concenter - Bad Image" Error - Windows XP SP3 http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook Veoh Web Player Toolbar - cd bf - f - ef- d-bb bd e - C Program Files Veoh Web Player prxtbVeo dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO ZoneAlarm Security Engine Registrar - A A C - - D C-BD D- CB EED E - C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField TrustChecker bin TrustCheckerIEPlugin dll O - BHO Veoh Web Player - cd bf - f - ef- d-bb bd e - C Program Files Veoh Web Player prxtbVeo dll O - Toolbar ZoneAlarm Security Engine - EE AC E -B B - EC - A -BCA A AB - C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField TrustChecker bin TrustCheckerIEPlugin dll O - Toolbar Veoh Web Player Toolbar - cd bf - f - ef- d-bb bd e - C Program Files Veoh Web Player prxtbVeo dll O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run DivXUpdate quot C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe quot CHECKNOW O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe O - HKLM Run ISW quot C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exe quot icon quot hidden quot O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm quot C Program Files CheckPoint ZoneAlarm zatray exe quot O - HKLM Run ConnectionCenter quot C Program Files Citrix ICA Client concentr exe quot startup O - HKLM Run B C AGEN... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/concenter-bad-image-error-windows-xp-sp3.1039535/
Relevancy 82.56%

i am getting an error that is saying "the application or dll c:\windows\system32\uwiygcxh.dll is not a valid Windows image. please check against your installation diskette" what should i do to get rid of this error?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/not-a-valid-windows-image-error-263356.html
Relevancy 82.56%

This problem is near identical to the problem posted here On opening a "Bad Error Msg's opening on programme any Image" programme this error message appears quot File EXE - Bad Image The application or DLL C WINDOWS system csqybr dll in not "Bad Image" Error Msg's on opening any programme a valid Windows image Please check this against your installation diskette quot On clicking OK the only option other than the top-right X this error message appears quot FILE EXE - Bad Image The application or DLL C WINDOWS system totemoze dll in not a valid Windows image Please check this against your installation diskette quot After clicking OK on this error message the programme does appear to open and run normally albeit slower than before Originally only one of these error messages used to appear on opening any programme sorry but I cannot remember which one if it even was one of the two posted though it definitely was in the same format Booting up is obviously quite a pain as you have to click these away for every programme that starts up As mentioned at the start my problem is quite identical to one previously solved right down to the problems getting the programmes SDFix and ComboFix to run Following the instructions given in that thread I then tried to download WinPFind U exe however I could not find it Please may I be advised how to proceed Thanks in advance MJL Here is a logfile of a HijackThis scan Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgfws exe C Program Files AVG AVG IdentityProtection agent Bin AVGIDSWatcher exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Kontiki KService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files AVG AVG IdentityProtection agent bin AVGIDSUI exe C Program Files TuneClone TuneClone exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Live OfficeLiveSignIn exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - no file O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsea... Read more

A:"Bad Image" Error Msg's on opening any programme

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!
Download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here.

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:

If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediatly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-image-error-msgs-on-opening-any-programme.840420/
Relevancy 82.56%

I am trying load ultimate bet and I get:

the application or dll C:\program files\ub\zlib.dll is not a valid windows image. please check this against your intallation diskette.

any help please?

Ryan

A:"not a valid windows image" error

Hi:

Please do not another new topic for a problem that you posted yesterday.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/not-a-valid-windows-image-error-445263.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi,
I have Windows XP in my laptop and I have been getting "Bad Image" windows error for most dll and exe files. I read in one of the forums that this is because of spyware/trojan infection. Due to this, my internet connection breaks for a second frequently. Could you please help me get rid of this problem?

Cheers,
Prabhu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-image-windows-error-on-most-dll-and-exe-files.558581/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi guys This is my first time posting in here and hopefully it is my last Anyways my computer has recently been attacked by a nastly little virus I think My computer froze up a few days ago and I got this quot security tool quot program quot put quot on my computer after the freeze up I suspected it was a virus from the start and I was able to get it off of my computer I ran spybot and it said I had some trojans on error getting "Bad sessions windows a during Image" keep I the computer and it aparently took care of those However I still get these quot bad Image error quot pop-ups whenever I run an application I also get pelted with many of these same bad image error messages as windows starts up I havent counted the exact number but there are before welcome shows up on the welcome screen then there are about more after welcome shows up and then on windows startup I probably receive another errors I click quot OK quot on the message box and it goes away The computer has had a few minor issues since the episode such as now my background image is gone but other than that I cannot find anything that is different I downloaded and ran HTJ and here is the log This is my first time posting here so any help is appreciated I almost bought a mac after this so hopefully you guys can fix this so I dont have to resort I keep getting a "Bad Image" error during windows sessions to such foolishness Here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files CU VPN cvpnd exe I keep getting a "Bad Image" error during windows sessions C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C Program I keep getting a "Bad Image" error during windows sessions Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Zone Remote Commander AvRmtCtr exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files interMute SpySubtract SpySub exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment VzRs VzRs exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files Tencent QQ Bin QQ exe C Program Files Tencent QQ Bin TXPlatform exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe... Read more

Relevancy 82.56%

I cannot open User Accounts in Control Panel, I keep getting ...

Microsoft (R) HTML Application host has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Anyone with a fix? . My appreciations in advance!

A:"User Accounts" in Control panel wont Open-Error is "Html application Host Error"

Do you have a recovery restore install disc or partition?
You can try doing a repair or system file check...
Scan For Missing/Corrupt System Files...

Windows XP comes with a wonderful tool called System File Checker (SFC)
Itscans and verifies the versions of all protected system files after you restart your computer...
To Do This:
Click Start menu, and then click the Run icon.
In the small box that Opens, type the three letters: cmd then click the OK button.
In the command prompt window that just opened (a black background and white text), type the following command:
SFC /scannow
And then click OK
You must be logged on as a member of the Administrators group to run SFC..
You will need your Windows XP CD during this procedure if SFC needs to get an original file. Please remember that Windows XP can have multiple instances of a .DLL file and remember which version is for which program.
Notes....
I have been asked if it is possible to have a "progress meter" show when SFC runs... This is the registry hack you need. PLEASE do not go messing with your registry if you do NOT know what you are doing!
System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
Value Name: SFCShowProgress
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-in-control-panel-wont-open-error-is-html-application-host-error.744934/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello,

I need help with this Diskette issue please. "Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure"
I've had this problem a few times in a couple of years and I have been able to fix the error by pressing F2 and going to the SETUP. And I've done this with no issues. But this time I thought I fixed it but now I get this new error: "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". After I press Ctrl+Alt+Del it takes me back to the same error massage "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". Need help please. This is a Dell Desktop, Windows XP.
Thank you.

Sue

A:"Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure" Error Then "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl..."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diskette-drive-0-seek-failure-error-then-a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl.1112549/
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.7%

it just happened out of the blue!

one day we wanted to print a document and it printed "all backwards"
well, I tried four more times and "it printed the same way FOUR MORE TIMES"..

then I went on some "advanced setting" and UNCLICKED this "MIRROR IMAGE" thingy majigy aaaannnd: "BINGO" the "effing thing" was fixed...

yep it "was" fixed only for that time...

NOW EVERY TIME WE NEED TO PRINT ANY DOCUMENT WE NEED TO GO TO THE "SETTINGS PANEL" (a general term) and "UNCLICK" the stupid "MIRROR IMAGE" thingy...

the real question: how can I prevent the computer to "defaulting to the MIRROR IMAGE mode"?????

A:printer always "defaults" to "MIRROR IMAGE"

You need to access your "settings panel" via the Windows Control Panel.
ie Start, Control Panel, Printers and other Hardware, Printers & Faxes.
Right click on the Icon and select printing preferences.
Unclick the mirror image
The settings will then be saved as your default.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-always-defaults-to-mirror-image.389856/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi, I'm new to the forum but would love any help you could offer.

I woke up this morning to see that my computer had restarted and had a bunch of error messages. Everything is working fine, but whenever I try to open something, I get the error message that says
The application or Dll C:\Windows\system32\bijevulu.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.
I click okay, and get another error message for the notification window and then the program opens.

I ran Spybot and F-Prot (the antivirus our school provides) and nothing turned up. What should I do??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bad-image-error-messages-373429.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I am baffled by this When I try to open a variety of programs I get an error saying quot C Program Files Adobe Adobe Media Encoder CS ASLMessaging dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Try installing etc etc etc quot I have run virus scans and malwarebytes but nothing has come up But it s DEFINITELY running slower and I m getting more errors than I used to Here is my hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Vista in error x64 "Bad Image" Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services ApplePhotoStreams exe C Program Files x Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe "Bad Image" error in Vista x64 C Program Files x "Bad Image" error in Vista x64 Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe C Users Ben AppData "Bad Image" error in Vista x64 Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard KBD kbd exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Sophos Sophos Anti-Rootkit sargui exe C Program Files x TweetDeck TweetDeck exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Users Ben AppData Local Google Google Talk Plugin googletalkplugin exe C Users Ben AppData Local Temp bzllbt exe C Users Ben Downloads HijackThis exe C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY vilion amp pf cndt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY vilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY vilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Babylon toolbar helper - EECD - - a -B B - BF B - C Program Files x BabylonToolbar BabylonToolbar bh BabylonToolbar dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll file missing O - BHO no name - D -D - -BAB -AB A - no file O - BHO no name - D F - - f - - F DB - no file O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E... Read more

Relevancy 81.27%

I started getting this error message yesterday. This is the exact wording of the message.

"ieuser.exe - Bad Image

C:\Windows\system32\sensapi.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

That was the exact message from when I tried to open Internet explorer. It shows the same message only changes the part of "*******.exe - Bad Image" I did try to uninstall the programs it was occuring on and then reinstalling them however it continues to give me the error.

Can someone help me with this issue? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks
Caleb

A:Keep getting "Bad Image" error message

Google ! "ieuser.exe - Bad Image"

Top of the list : DEFENDER, Vista, MSDN
Does any of this match your system?

My cursory searches @Microsoft left me with the impression that this product is poorly supported, denies this problem exists, and needs expert help to uninstall Defender (if the uninstall glitches).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keep-getting-bad-image-error-message.100110/
Relevancy 81.27%

I am baffled by this When I try to open a error Image" in Vista "Bad x64 variety of programs I get an error saying quot C Program Files Adobe Adobe Media Encoder CS ASLMessaging dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Try installing "Bad Image" error in Vista x64 etc etc etc quot I "Bad Image" error in Vista x64 have run virus scans and malwarebytes but nothing has come up But it's DEFINITELY running slower and I'm getting more errors than I used to Here is my hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services ApplePhotoStreams exe C Program Files x Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe C Users Ben AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard KBD kbd exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Sophos Sophos Anti-Rootkit sargui exe C Program Files x TweetDeck TweetDeck exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Users Ben AppData Local Google Google Talk Plugin googletalkplugin exe C Users Ben AppData Local Temp bzllbt exe C Users Ben Downloads HijackThis exe C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY vilion amp pf cndt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY vilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY vilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Babylon toolbar helper - EECD - - a -B B - BF B - C Program Files x BabylonToolbar BabylonToolbar bh BabylonToolbar dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll file missing O - BHO no name - D -D - -BAB -AB A - no file O - BHO no name - D F - - f - - F DB - no file O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/bad-image-error-in-vista-x64-634908.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi Had a sudden inability to go much further than a third or forth-level download on ANY given webpage and then PC would seize-up error" error reports message seize-up attached) "DoPatch" - causing (HJT to "dll pc requiring quot cont alt del quot in order to get freed-up Thought perhaps I picked-up a bug of some sort during a recent google search and went immediately to Panda and Trendmicro to perform both virus as well as malware scans While the Panda scan was loading-up I received the following error message quot DoPatch dll reports error Error quot C WINNT patch utp quot unreadable or not a patch file quot Was able to complete both scans Nothing found other than tracking cookies I then did a file serch for the above and located it It was installed TODAY apparently and not by me within minutes of the problem starting I m guessing someone thing slipped this patch into my WINNT file or modified it while I was doing the google search so I have included a HJT scan below Hope this all makes sense and ties-out to something Any help would be genuinely appreciated- thanks Webz HIJACK SCAN BELOW Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon "DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached) exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system LEXBCES EXE C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe "DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached) C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmgr exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmon exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINNT system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings user My Documents security HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark Series quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run LXBRKsk C PROGRA LEXMAR LXBRKsk exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF CA F - B- A - -C EC HS live Control - http install homestead com site InstallFiles SIFiles lpxlive HS live cab O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x O - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent vc bin AvSniff cab O - DPF AA A -F F- -A - B F BB HS live Control - http install homestead com site InstallFiles SIFiles lpxlive HS live cab O - DPF E F- D - A - DD -E EEEC Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - ht... Read more

A:"DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached)

Bump for HJT expert

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dopatch-error-message-dll-reports-error-causing-pc-to-seize-up-hjt-attached.361399/
Relevancy 80.41%

im not sure why windows vista is doing this error how can i fix it The application error "0x7c919af2"referenced memory ae"0x00000010" the memory could not be written'

there shouldnt be any reason it has happening on several applications from games to ie fire fox has done it as well if u can help i would be ever so gratefull

A:vista The application error "0x7c919af2"referenced memory ae"0x00000010" error

Hi, let us have some Pc specifications.
Check and post
TSG System Information Utility - found here.
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe
======
Download Security Check by screen317 from.
http://screen317.spywareinfoforum.org/
Or
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/securitycheck/

Save it to your Desktop.
Double click the install icon.
If using Vista or Win 7 - right click the icon - run as Administrator
A command Prompt window will open.
Let it scan the Pc - press any key when asked.
It should now open in Notepad.
Copy and Paste the result of the scan in the reply box below.

The saved log will be called checkup.txt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-the-application-error-0x7c919af2-referenced-memory-ae-0x00000010-error.1113925/
Relevancy 80.41%

I am trying to resolve a PC problem for a relative. He is running Windows 7 and MS Office 2010. Whenever he fires up Outlook he gets a MsgBox advising him that it is "Configuring Microsoft Office 2010".

If he allows it to run to completion it reboots the PC but reappears when he opens Outlook again it reappears. He can (sort of) circumvent the problem by clicking on the "Red X" in the top right-hand corner of the Configuration MsgBox after EVERY single command. This also happens with Word and Excel.

He has Googled the problem and attempted the KB 2528748 Microsoft Support fix without any joy. He has also tried running CCleaner.

Can anyone offer any ideas as to how he can get round this wretched situation?

TI

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/382738-problem-repeated-configuring-microsoft-office-2010-messages.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I am trying to resolve a PC problem for a relative. He is running Windows 7 and MS Office 2010. Whenever he fires up Outlook he gets a MsgBox advising him that it is "Configuring Microsoft Office 2010".

If he allows it to run to completion it reboots the PC but reappears when he opens Outlook again it reappears. He can (sort of) circumvent the problem by clicking on the "Red X" in the top right-hand corner of the Configuration MsgBox after EVERY single command. This also happens with Word and Excel.

He has Googled the problem and attempted the KB 2528748 Microsoft Support fix without any joy. He has also tried running CCleaner.

Can anyone offer any ideas as to how he can get round this wretched situation?

TI

A:Problem with repeated "Configuring Microsoft Office 2010" messages.

An update on this and hope for any help . . .

He has tried:Going to My Computer.
On the top menu, clicking "Uninstall or change a program".
Locating Microsoft Office 2010 in the programs list.
Right-clicking it and selecting "Change".
Sadly it goes all the way, says it is "repairing the problem" then gets to the end and says the process was unsuccessful. Where to next?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/382738-problem-repeated-configuring-microsoft-office-2010-messages.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hey guys First let me thank you all who dedicate many hours to helping this community My laptop is much slower than usual and even though I can access the internet through Firefox the IE error message pops up every min or so Please help I have included a HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows message, HJT stopped has Explorer working" log "Internet repeated included Vista SP WinNT "Internet Explorer has stopped working" repeated message, HJT log included MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng "Internet Explorer has stopped working" repeated message, HJT log included exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files ltmoh ltmoh exe C Windows System ThpSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Protector Suite QL psqltray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows System mobsync exe C TOSHIBA IVP ISM ivpsvmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files Zune zune exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO no name - ecd b- - b- c - a c e d - C Windows system kugeyugu dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run TOSDCR ProgramFiles TOSHIBA PasswordUtility TOSDCR exe O - HKLM Run TPwrMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain EXE O - HKLM Run HSON ProgramFiles TOSHIBA TBS HSON exe O - HKLM Run SmoothView ProgramFiles Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exe O - HKLM Run TCrdMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe O - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exe O - HKLM Run PSQLLauncher quot C Program Files P... Read more

A:"Internet Explorer has stopped working" repeated message, HJT log included

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-has-stopped-working-repeated-message-hjt-log-included.787833/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi there,

I recently installed windows 7 on my laptop and it repeatedly shows "not responding" next to the title and freezes temporarily. I have tried different Anti-Virus programs and re-indexing but to no avail.

I read that I should check my registry so I downloaded Auslogics Registry Cleaner and ran it. It found and fixed 145/146 of registry errors. The only error left is:

Problem, Severity, Category
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D5E8041D-920F-45e9-B8FB-B1DEB82C6E5E}\, High, Empty, unused registry key.

Anyone have any suggestions for whether or not this is causing the freezes and/or what else to try in order to fix them?

Thanks
Kjell

A:Windows 7 repeated "non-responding" messages and temporary freezing.

Quote: Originally Posted by kjell

Hi there,

I recently installed windows 7 on my laptop and it repeatedly shows "not responding" next to the title and freezes temporarily. I have tried different Anti-Virus programs and re-indexing but to no avail.

I read that I should check my registry so I downloaded Auslogics Registry Cleaner and ran it. It found and fixed 145/146 of registry errors. The only error left is:

Problem, Severity, Category
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D5E8041D-920F-45e9-B8FB-B1DEB82C6E5E}\, High, Empty, unused registry key.

Anyone have any suggestions for whether or not this is causing the freezes and/or what else to try in order to fix them?

Thanks
Kjell

That is not what is causing the freezing. By remote chance do you have a backup from before the problem started?

If not please check event viewer for error messages
There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Go to the windows log>application tab.

You want to look for critical errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

Let us know if you need help with any of this.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/101222-windows-7-repeated-non-responding-messages-temporary-freezing.html
Relevancy 80.41%

THIS SOLUTION WORKED FOR ME DOESN T MEAN IT WILL WORK FOR YOU IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF ANYTHING KINDLY DO NOT GO AHEAD amp TAKE ASSISTANCE FROM AN EXPERT I HAVE POSTED THIS THREAD FOR ADVISORY PURPOSE continuously & q main.exe noise typed repeated "bing" - ONLY main.exe - repeated "bing" noise & typed q continuously amp I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE main.exe - repeated "bing" noise & typed q continuously FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED My PC used to make a repeated quot ping quot noise amp continuously type quot q quot in MS Excel Firefox amp Chrome address bar if these was main.exe - repeated "bing" noise & typed q continuously open This was happening after I touched the mouse or keyboard after the PC was idle for sometime even a few seconds I tried to scan my PC for viruses amp malware but nothing could be detected I even tried to look for help on the internet but couldn t find any solution I didn t want to go through the hassle of re-formatting so I continued to use my PC with this annoying problem After some system update I started to get another problem quot main exe has stopped working quot Luckily I had an application which allowed me to debug this error and I realized this file was was located at C Users MK AppData Local Temp route Now I started to look for solutions on the internet for this problem when I stumbled upon the following post http forums techguy org virus-other-malware-removal -main-exe-repeated-bing-noise html In his solution he mentioned that he found dummy svchost exe or svhost exe running I immediately started the quot Windows Task Manager quot clicked on quot Show processes from all users quot and bang there was a file quot svchost exe quot running from C Users MK AppData Roaming WebEx svchost exe I deleted this folder and my problem was resolved quot svchost exe quot is generally a system process service you need to be very careful before trying to stop the service or deleting files with this name In my case I notice that the system process service was having a description quot Host process for Windows services quot Whereas the malware was showing quot svchost exe quot in the description as well hence it was easy to spot it I even searched for the entries in registry for this file and deleted all the entries referring to this file There was an entry in the registry in quot Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot which was invoking this file on start-up Note You need to be careful while playing with Windows registry or system processes amp services IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF ANYTHING KINDLY DO NOT GO AHEAD amp TAKE ASSISTANCE FROM AN EXPERT nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/main-exe-repeated-bing-noise-typed-q-continuously.1131559/
Relevancy 80.41%

My aol security system continually informs me alert This CWS "blocked", Log and of Remnants up/HiJack found repeated pop with an alert that it Remnants of CWS found and "blocked", repeated alert pop up/HiJack This Log has found and successfully blocked CWS Homesearch When I go to check the list of quot blocked items quot there is nothing Remnants of CWS found and "blocked", repeated alert pop up/HiJack This Log there The alert continually pops up with the same message I have used many scanners including Ad Aware and they've been unsuccessful in discovering anything I've also downloaded all of the recent Microsoft updates but to no avail I checked my program files to see if anything had been there that didn't belong and I found Viewpoint Media Player I removed the program AND went into safe mode to remove the program file itself but the next time I turned on my computer it was still there Below is my Hijack this Log file any help on this would be greatly appreciated Thank you -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee services sscFirewallPlugin ver aolavupd exe C PROGRA mcafee com ANTIVI mcshield exe C Program Files mcafee com personal firewall MPFService exe C PROGRA mcafee com ANTIVI OasClnt exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System LXSUPMON EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee services sscAntiSpywarePlugin ver AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files mcafee com antivirus mcvsescn exe C Program Files mcafee com personal firewall MPfTray exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee services sscFirewallPlugin ver SSCEvtHdlr exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe c program files common files aol ee aolssc exe C Program Files America Online waol exe C Program Files America Online shellmon exe C Documents and Settings Chris My Documents hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Class - D CB C-B - C - BEF- B - C WINDOWS system d tm dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO no name - B -CDE - D-D - D E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - AB F AC- C -BCBF-C - BA DF F - no file O - BHO Class - C DF ACA- AA - D F- B - DD D F - C WINDOWS system mfcad dll file missing O - BHO no name - daa d - c- c- ca- fe f a - no file O - BHO no name - EB A D- CE- - -C DF D FD - no file O - BHO no name - F D -DC - DB -BC D- A EDAD - C WINDOWS gjmucyue dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - Toolbar AdwareFilter - F - E - B-A -E CAD A C - C Program Files AdwareFilterToolBar AdwareFilter dll file missing O - Toolbar Search - EEC E-F AC- AFE- - D CE EDBC - C WINDOWS gjmucyue dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d... Read more

A:Remnants of CWS found and "blocked", repeated alert pop up/HiJack This Log

I reccommend you Subscribe to this thread so you are notified of any replies via email. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions.

Downloads(make sure to save these in a permanent location)
CWShredder- Run CWShredder and click on Fix (it will automatically fix anything it finds for you). If it asks if you want to delete a certain random file, choose No and post that filename here.

About Buster 6.0- Unzip it to your desktop.

Cleanup!- Install it. You will use this later.

*NOTE* Cleanup deletes EVERYTHING out of temporary folders and does not make backups.

Next, please reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:Restart your computer
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.

Tools
Open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from the Start > All Programs menu). Set the program up as follows:
*Click "Options..."
*Move the arrow down to "Custom CleanUp!"
*Put a check next to the following:Empty Recycle Bins
Delete Cookies
Delete Prefetch files
Cleanup! All Users
Click on the "Temporary Files" and uncheck the box for "Scan drives for file matching" if it?s checked.
Click OK
Press the CleanUp! button to start the program. Reboot/logoff when prompted. If prompted to reboot, click No.

Run AboutBuster 6.0 and select "Begin Removal". Make sure you click "Yes" to every message box that appears.

Restart your computer (Normal Mode) and run AboutBuster one final time.

Online Scans
Perform an online scan with Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan
** click on "Free use ActiveScan" located on the top right hand corner Click Scan your PC & a 'pop up' window shall appear. *ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it
Click Scan Now
Enter your e-mail address & click Scan Now ...begins downloading 8 MB Panda's ActiveX controls
Begin the scan by selecting My Computer If it finds any malware, it may ask you to purchase the program, this is not necessary we will take care of the entries manually.
At the end of the scan click on see report. Then click Save report
Please post that log in your next reply.

In your next post please include:Panda Activescan Log
A new Hijackthis! Log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/remnants-of-cws-found-and-blocked-repeated-alert-pop-up-hijack-this-log-103067.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Initially got periodic Internet Explorer error message that it had quot raised unhandled exception quot and would restart Now IE just freezes repeatedly on all profiles Can't download anything from internet IESpyad Deckard's bec of freezing Below are posted HJK log and Panda scan but latter may be incomplete - net connection seemed to crash at in party third exception "unhandled Repeated shutdown IE module" - of scan but then Repeated IE shutdown - "unhandled exception in third party module" I could get a log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe Repeated IE shutdown - "unhandled exception in third party module" C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PDAgent exe C Program Files Dell Repeated IE shutdown - "unhandled exception in third party module" Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Zumie zumie exe C Program Files Intel IntelDH Intel R Quick Resume Technology ELService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PDEngine exe C Program Files Zumie zumie exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files GamingSquared Gaming G exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp suk amp channel us R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ... Read more

A:Repeated IE shutdown - "unhandled exception in third party module"

Any help available?

If it helps, Internet Explorer shuts down whenever you open a page within a website and then try to close that opened window.

We also just had an instance of a "runtime error," which was previously associated with a registry problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/repeated-ie-shutdown-unhandled-exception-in-third-party-module-260165.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi everyone I have errors Wi - an recovered New - unexpected Repeated rig, from shutdown" has "Windows - recently bought and had built a new gaming rig and installed Windows Ultimate Bit myself Since starting it for the st time a couple of days ago I have had numerous crashes recoveries all with no apparent reason or pattern It has happened while playing Battlefield whilst running nothing at all whilst asleep and while surfing the internet The error log is below and DMP files attached zipped I would appreciate any advice here as this is driving me mad I have updated all drivers as far as I can tell installed all windows updates again as far as I can tell and there doesn t seem to be any conflicts in Repeated - "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown" - errors - New rig, Wi the device manager Can anyone help me please Thanks in advance Vic Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP FFFFFA E BCP FFFFFA CC BCP FFFFF F B OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users DasVictim AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-windows-has-recovered-from-an-unexpected-shutdown-errors-new-rig-wi.173155/
Relevancy 79.98%

I've Repeated Repair" at "Startup freezes no Windows good screen, Starting been working on this problem with people on the BleepingComputer forum for over two months and while all of their advice has seemed slightly sensible at the time after replacing Repeated freezes at Starting Windows screen, "Startup Repair" no good EVERY SINGLE PART OF THE COMPUTER save the Seagate-tested Seagate-passed Seagate hard drive the CPU and two of four RAM sticks which have passed over hours of Memcheck testing I'm beginning to wonder if the problem isn't at least in part with the advice I've been getting over there So Seven Forums here's the deal constant freezing of the quot Starting Windows quot screen on a relatively fresh install of Windows Pro x SP quot Relatively quot fresh in that I've installed all the Windows updates the newest driver for my graphics card Chrome Sublime Text II Speccy Dropbox and Keepass The BIOS for my motherboard brand new is updated to the latest version I have unplugged my Delta sound card on the off chance it is the problem child but the problem persists so I'm guessing not Here's Speccy http speccy piriform com results z tIGFNkAulcqUFt I used to have hobbies I'd go for walks with my wife try to learn to play the banjo cook stuff Make small batches of wine Now all I do is work on this infernal box of stinking misery All I do is run Memtest run Seagate drive diagnostics reinstall Windows and occasionally think about taking a sledgehammer to this son of a thousand PETs and just buy a Mac So new forum Computer from hell Any advice

A:Repeated freezes at Starting Windows screen, "Startup Repair" no good

PantsMasterson
Please check Event viewer to see what is logged there relating to the problem.

Usually freezing is either hardware (ram, etc.) Which you seem to have eliminated or software conflicts.

If you have a BSOD (i know it just freezes) please upload at least one because we can examine the drivers that were loaded leading up to the freezes, etc.

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Event viewer (local) >>> look for errors listed in the last day, week, etc. Then go to the windows log>application tab. Finally the windows Logs>system tabs.

You want to look for all errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197302-repeated-freezes-starting-windows-screen-startup-repair-no-good.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I built this computer a few weeks again and have been getting a periodic (every 2-3 days) BSOD. I ran Memtest as was recommended to those with similar problems; it cycled through four times without detecting any errors. I need to figure out which piece of hardware (presumably) is the problem so I can get it back to newegg before the return window closes. Dump file attached per forum instructions. Thanks so much for your help, guys!

A:New Build, repeated "Page fault in nonpaged area" BSOD 0x00000050

Hi trippdup.

Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to crashes.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.17273.amd64fre.win7_gdr.130318-1532
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows

Also, Avast is contributing to the BSODs.

Code:
fffff880`08262bb8 fffff880`0427044dUnable to load image \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\aswSnx.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys
aswSnx+0x3044d
Description here: Driver Reference Table - aswSnx.SYS

Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one; for a safety need, as the installed antivirus failed.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/326518-new-build-repeated-page-fault-nonpaged-area-bsod-0x00000050.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Entering the bios limits me to certain options. Is there anyway to access the other options? sorry, newbie here.

A:No "usb legacy support" "qfan" options on my asus laptop bios.

If your BIOS doesn't include such options, then they simply are not there.

I don't know about hacking BIOS's, and I wouldn't suggest it at all. You could brick your motherboard.

However, you should check with your manufacturer's website and see if there is an update available for the BIOS that may increase available options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/222756-no-usb-legacy-support-qfan-options-my-asus-laptop-bios.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB X Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation DH HC AAE - BTHC Q Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled On Feb the quot New Updates Solved: KB2492441 Installations Repeated of "Successful" Are Available quot icon appeared in my system tray I Solved: Repeated "Successful" Installations of KB2492441 have Win set to Solved: Repeated "Successful" Installations of KB2492441 quot download updates but let me choose whether to install them quot As I recall there were updates ready to be installed but my Update History shows that updates were installed one of which was quot Update for Microsoft Office Outlook Junk Email Filter KB quot All updates installed successfully The quot new updates are available quot icon reappeared back in the system tray almost immediately after the updating was complete So I installed that quot Important quot MB update The icon reappeared It wasn t until I had quot successfully quot installed KB a total of five times did I catch on to this seemingly endless cycle Could this be happening because I m running Microsoft Office Professional recently upgraded from Microsoft Office Professional Can you please tell me how to stop this notification from reoccurring Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Repeated "Successful" Installations of KB2492441

If it pops up again, you can right click it and "hide" it. I won't show again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-repeated-successful-installations-of-kb2492441.980488/
Relevancy 79.98%

I had this same question posted within the Browser amp email section however I do feel that it's more appropriate in this section so Not here) "Server (Moved Found" to errors Repeated I've moved it to here My apologies Repeated "Server Not Found" errors (Moved to here) for any confusion Hi and thank-you for looking over my question For the past - weeks Repeated "Server Not Found" errors (Moved to here) I have been getting random quot Server Not Found quot error messages when I click on one of my bookmarks Even when I reload an already opened webpage that same site now shows the quot server not found quot message I am using Firefox and I'm on Win- Pro x V Build When these error messages pop up I refresh the page and when that does not work immediately re-launch my browser After doing this for a moment or two or more I'm able to re-establish a connection I've also tried a few other things when I'm unable to connect such as launching Edge as well as manually trying to 'ping' a website via the command prompt Neither works I also have a second system running XP Pro which I use via a KVM switch When one of the server error messages pop up on my Win- system I can click over and check that system which is able to get online fine So this leads me to believe that it is something other than router modem or ISP related issues I am only using the Win- firewall I have not tried to disable it to see if that helps only because this issue only lasts for a few moments and I have not had the feeling that I needed to explore all of that just yet I do not have any other rd party security programs running either I'm on standard cable and not using any type of VPN or proxy I have not renewed my IP or re-did anything in reference to my internet connection since this began I have not installed any new Apps and any addons I would think would be browser specific Again this comes and goes several times throughout the day which is odd I can be fine for hours then I'm suddenly off-line and unable to connect for few moments However sometimes this occurs several times within an hour- which is becoming pretty annoying I'm hoping this is one of the 'quirks' that will be corrected in time but I wanted to see if there's anything I'm missing and I'm very open to suggestions Regards b rd Also I have read a few posts about this same issue and the fix deals with NVIDA drivers This is not going to applicable in my case

A:Repeated "Server Not Found" errors (Moved to here)

Although there was no discussion on this topic, I thought that I'd post the status anyhow.

About 4-5 days after I posted this question, the problem went away. However, on my original post above, I indicated that that I did not feel that it was modem related. I've since changed my mind.

I began testing my second computer again when my main one was unable to connect, and it, too, was unable to connect. So, I suppose in the beginning, things were already resolved by the time I switched to the second computer, which allowed me to connect on that one. <Just a guess>

When I began to suspect that it might be modem related, I went ahead and power cycled both the modem and router. I can't say for certain that was the 'fix,' but it's no longer occurring. (I can't say for certain whether or not my problem occurred again after I power cycled the modem, because...well...I sort of forgot about the problem)

So, for now, problem solved.
b1rd

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35881-repeated-server-not-found-errors-moved-here.html
Relevancy 79.98%

so i need a little help getting rid of this issue thats been happening for awhile now. a few days ago this pop up started appearing on startup and then it opens again after some time has passed. there doesnt seem to be any condition where i can predictably recreate it, it just pops up unexpectedly and ,more often than not, kicks me out of fullscreen mode on the applications i use. any help is appreciated

A:"No Apps Can Open This Link (res)" Repeated pop ups issue

Try this, see if you can identify what is generating the error:

Download and run ProcessExplorer. It does not need to be installed.

Drag-and-drop target to find an image. If you're not sure which application corresponds to which image in Process Explorer, click and drag the little gun sight icon on the Process Explorer toolbar, and drop it on any visible window to find out what process/image it is.

Once the error message is on the screen, start ProcessExplorer and drag the target icon and drop it on the error message window. It will show the process that generated that window highlighted in blue in the PE window.

Then use msconfig Startup (or Taskmanager Startup) and Services tabs to find and disable that process.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70770-no-apps-can-open-link-res-repeated-pop-ups-issue.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi all The following is my newly built PC configuration Windows - bit Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Gigabyte Motherboard H M-D H NVIDIA GeForce GTX - GB GB RAM HDD WD FAEX TB SATA Norton Antivirus All Windows Drivers and Software updates installed with no issues HD is constantly being defragged No running programs other than Norton and the Defrag software My problem I have a powerful machine but I keep getting Repeated quot High Disk Usage quot error Sluggish and random hanging un-hanging when typing in my no addons browser I tried and uninstalled different browsers with the same result and also in any simple task in Word or Windows Explorer like copy paste and move Slow Startup amp Shutdown of windows approx minutes each Windows Performance Information and Tools tells me that quot disk data transfer rate quot is my lowest score I can play the Usage" errors "High Repeated Disk toughest games available COD Black Ops Fallout New Vegas etc Repeated "High Disk Usage" errors at the highest settings smoothly with no problems for hours but simple tasks seem so sluggish Please help nbsp

A:Repeated "High Disk Usage" errors

No one wants help me out?!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repeated-high-disk-usage-errors.975451/
Relevancy 79.12%

For a couple weeks now, My laptop has been making a "pop" sound everytime on start up after the windows logo comes together it makes a faint pop sound then continues to the login screen. Everytime I muted or unmuted the speakers it would make the sound too. I changed my driver the the Windows default and it stopped but the pop won't.

Laptop Model / Manufacturer : Gateway NV53A
Sound Driver : Realtek (But changed to Windows Default)

A:Laptop speakers emit a "pop" sound after "Starting Windows"

The windows default is the culprit here.

When your system boots, drivers started one after another, the pop sound came in because the default driver is not built to especially manage your audio card.

Download the driver from the manufacturer according to your model, install it and I assure you all will be fine.

cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/166514-laptop-speakers-emit-pop-sound-after-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello I m looking for some help in resolving some newly acquired spyware virus I m getting repeated pop-ups of quot digital line detected quot etc plus additional pop-ups from internet explorer Also the computer has slowed to a crawl I ve searched the forums and haven t been able to find anything that repeated Detected" Line "Digital Help for pop-ups describes my problem Here is my hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS Help for repeated "Digital Line Detected" pop-ups System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM Help for repeated "Digital Line Detected" pop-ups acs exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe c program files mcafee Help for repeated "Digital Line Detected" pop-ups com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG T wlancfg exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp adbe defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp adbe defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http dpreview com misc links asp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO d - b - ab-fed -d b a c - c a- b d- def-ba - b d - C WINDOWS system eamfmd dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - c bb-ea b- c e-b -db d e - C WINDOWS system fukupari dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B ... Read more

A:Help for repeated "Digital Line Detected" pop-ups

Anyone with suggestions??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-for-repeated-digital-line-detected-pop-ups.812928/
Relevancy 79.12%

I saw Messages Repeated 8 Windows in "Not Pro Responding" the other thread here about quot Windows Pro Randomly Freezing quot but I think I'm seeing something slightly different In my case I'm getting random repeated instances of various desktop applications temporarily quot locking up quot and displaying a quot Not Responding quot message in the title bar of the effected Repeated "Not Responding" Messages in Windows 8 Pro app I see this most commonly in Firefox -bit version v release These lock-ups last roughly a minute It seems to help to minimize the Firefox window yes even when not responding window controls are operative and then restore it It will still Repeated "Not Responding" Messages in Windows 8 Pro display the quot Not Responding quot message but this seems to clear within or seconds Not sure this is a fix and it could be coincidental While I initially thought my problem was Firefox I'm seeing it in other apps including Evernote and Windows Explorer I think on a couple of occasions I actually saw this quot Not Responding quot message appear in dialog boxes Is anyone else seeing something similar and does anyone have any suggestions for a workaround fix Very annoying Thanks

A:Repeated "Not Responding" Messages in Windows 8 Pro

There's an add-on called DNS flusher in FF, it might solve the problem.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...n/dns-flusher/
EDIT: If the above doesn't help, run cmd as admin, type " ipconfig /flushdns " without the quotes and enter.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/14278-repeated-not-responding-messages-windows-8-pro.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I think this should have originally been posted in a different section, so I went ahead and deleted it from from here, and re-posted it within 'Network & Sharing.'

My apologies.
b1rd

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/35806-repeated-server-not-found-errors.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi All This is my first posting so please be gentle OS is Win XP SP After I rebooted and logged into XP I got at least a dozen quot Run DLL as an App quot errors and some Devldr errors - basically everything that runs on errors App" DLL as "Run unusable XP Repeated making an startup throws one or other of these errors If I then try and start almost anything I get one of those errors Repeated "Run DLL as an App" errors making XP unusable - usually quot Run DLL as an App quot Examples of apps that throw this - Add Remove Programs Regedit Command Prompt - anything I might want to use to troubleshoot the problem as well as any apps like MS Word etc The only way I can do anything is to restart in safe mode WITH command prompt normal safe mode reports the Run DLL errors if I start anything I ve replaced devldr exe from driver cab of XP CD without any change in the problem RUNDLL EXE looks ok and is the same bytesize as on another XP installation I have date is So I have a completely messed up XP environment that will not run any app except windows explorer and IE without throwing the Run DLL error The only way I can do anything is to restart in safe mode with command prompt which is somewhat limiting What was I doing before I rebooted I installed CyberArmor Firewall from http www infoexpress com This may be more pertinent I was in the process of upgrading to directx b runtimes when the PC was restarted not by me before you jump down my throat and it looks like this did not complete because if I go to the windows update site it is still listed as an update - and if I try and re-install it I get that damn error According to MS directx cannot be uninstalled HELP Thanks muppet nbsp

A:Repeated "Run DLL as an App" errors making XP unusable

Can you system restore to the oint before the direct x and firewall install ? If so do it and try the system then put those programs on one at a time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repeated-run-dll-as-an-app-errors-making-xp-unusable.160178/
Relevancy 79.12%

I bought a new Gateway SX - with Windows Home Premium in December It has GB of DDR memory and a TB hard drive whether or not that's relevant Since first setting shutdown" Unexpected Since Repeated "Recovered fr. new: it up I experience unexpected shutdowns whether or not it is being used or in sleep mode During use the mouse will become very slow to respond Since new: Repeated "Recovered fr. Unexpected shutdown" as though it doesn't process the movement Since new: Repeated "Recovered fr. Unexpected shutdown" then it shuts down and restarts It was happening about every days now more frequently I got a newer back up hard drive and new driver--no difference I also downloaded and ran Uniblue's registry fix which supposedly found and fixed problems but not this I switched from my old favorite keyboard to the one supplied All that and it seems worse--happening almost every day now When I come in the mornings it's often had an 'unexpected shutdown' while sleeping It doesn't seem to correspond to any particular program I use BitDefender antivirus and no gaming It's always BCCode and almost always BCP FFFFFA Recently BCP and have been showing up Here's the latest errors I tried to attach the zip file too as instructed at the start of this forum but it's MB compressed the Memory dmp file itself is nearly KB Solutions Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA BCP B BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Since new: Repeated "Recovered fr. Unexpected shutdown" Minidump - - dmp C Users Barbara AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Please let me know if you need any more info to help

A:Since new: Repeated "Recovered fr. Unexpected shutdown"

Quote: Originally Posted by abbychia

I bought a new Gateway? SX2802-03 with Windows 7 Home Premium in December. It has 6GB of DDR2 memory, and a 1TB hard drive, whether or not that's relevant. Since first setting it up I experience unexpected shutdowns whether or not it is being used or in sleep mode. (During use, the mouse will become very slow to respond, as though it doesn't process the movement, then it shuts down and restarts.) It was happening about every 3 days, now more frequently. I got a newer back up hard drive and new driver--no difference. I also downloaded and ran Uniblue's registry fix which supposedly found and fixed problems, but not this. I switched from my old favorite keyboard to the one supplied. All that and it seems worse--happening almost every day now. When I come in the mornings it's often had an 'unexpected shutdown' while sleeping. It doesn't seem to correspond to any particular program. I use BitDefender antivirus and no gaming.

It's always BCCode 124 and almost always BCP2 FFFFFA800... Recently BCP 3 and 4 have been showing up.
Here's the latest errors. I tried to attach the zip file, too, as instructed at the start of this forum but it's 160 MB compressed (the Memory.dmp file itself is nearly 160,000 KB) Solutions?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8007216028
BCP3: 00000000B2000040
BCP4: 0000000000000800
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\030910-20950-01.dmp
C:\Users\Barbara\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-10053546-0.sysdata.xml

Please let me know if you need any more info to help!

Hello Welcome to SF,

Its some hardware component that is causing the problem. Follow this document http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-what-try.html this should get you started

Good Luck,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/69698-since-new-repeated-recovered-fr-unexpected-shutdown.html
Relevancy 79.12%

So I keep getting this pop-up (Att 1), saying that I can't eject my HD b/c it's in use by other programs, close any applications, etc, etc. This is occurring frequently often but not in a consistent pattern.

[Edit: I'm not trying to eject the drive, and don't want to - it's my full-time data drive.]

I found the associated entries in Event Viewer (pasted below). Anyone got pointers on how to determine what is kicking this off?
- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp
[ Guid] {96F4A050-7E31-453C-88BE-9634F4E02139}

EventID 20011

Version 0

Level 4

Task 7006

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2013-08-03T22:47:42.924435000Z

EventRecordID 314529

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 152 [OP: svchost]
[ ThreadID] 7256

Channel System

Computer [OP: removed]

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- UserData

- INFO_VETO_EVENT

VetoDevice IDE\[OP: snipped for brevity]\4&28d29191&0&0.1.0

VetoName STORAGE\Volume\[OP: snipped for brevity]

VetoType 6

A:Repeated attempts to "Eject" my ultrabay HD

What hard drive are you trying to disconnect. I know it can't be B or C.

Also please do this Tutorial.

By Brink.
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/299792-repeated-attempts-eject-my-ultrabay-hd.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I noticed my PC was starting repeated main.exe - noise "bing" to make a repeated quot ping quot noise yesterday I eventually realised that it was happening after I touched the mouse r keyboard after an extended period of not touching them I also noted the noise was showing in my mixer tab as a system sound to be more exact main.exe - repeated "bing" noise it was the quot default beep quot playing quot windows main.exe - repeated "bing" noise ping quot main.exe - repeated "bing" noise I then did a check to find any programs running that i don t know and found main exe which is located at C Users Niall AppData Local Temp route I have no idea what it is so i stopped the process using task manager and deleted the lt route gt folder However the folder keeps returning I then ran a full SpyBotS amp D scan followed by AVG free and installed ZA which informed me that main exe was trying to connect to the internet i blocked it I have also used ccleaner to remove several startups done a clean and a reg fix I should point out that I am pretty good at this PC malarky so may have half solved it before running these scans and posting the results Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ACER MCP PV Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and EnabledClick to expand Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x GameTracker GTLite exe C Users Niall AppData Roaming LG Electronics svhost exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x n te n teHid exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x n te n teTra exe C Program Files x Last fm LastFM exe C Program Files x CheckPoint ZoneAlarm zatray exe C Users Niall AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Niall AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Niall AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Niall AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Niall AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Niall AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Niall Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Messenger Plus Live UK Toolbar - f - b- c - - b c - C Program Files x Messenger Plus Live UK prxtbMes dll R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll R - URLSearchHook no name - b b - db - -bdd -ac e f - no file R - URLSearchHook IMVU Inc Toolbar - b - - e-b b-ca bd ca - C Program Files x IMVU Inc prxtbIMVU ... Read more

A:main.exe - repeated "bing" noise

folder in question

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/main-exe-repeated-bing-noise.1073570/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have recently purchased a custom made desktop PC After a few quot blue screen of death quot errors i decided to format my Windows OS because of the repeated instability aswell as "corrupted CRC errors source" and Repeated the CRC errors The CD drive could not read any of my OS CD s apart from my Windows XP CD so i decided Repeated CRC errors and "corrupted source" to install that instead Now i experienced the same instability on this format too and i also noticed that everytime i tried to install a game a Cyclic Redundancy check error kept popping up even after installing a fresh OS So naturally i assumed my HD had been fried by the crashes and got it replaced I just recieved it today and the CRC errors persist despite having replaced my hard drive I figured that my CD drive was the problem only i think the issue goes deeper than that I am completely unable to install mounted iso files that i have downloaded I recieve pretty much the same message quot the source or medium is corrupt quot each time I have checked for loose cables and they seem to be in pretty tight so if it is a hardware problem i am completely baffled as to why i cant even mount iso files Please help Kaya nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

hello, let's just get to the point, i had this problem recently where my pc can load windows, it keep looping
pc's on - booting - then "Windows Loading Files" - restart
it's infinite i don't know what to do, i don't have a cd rom, and i can't reinstall my windows from USB because every time i tried it says : "disk error" or "disk read error"
even after i burn it to USB correctly, tried this on other pc and USB can load just fine.
i'm thinking, it's something wrong with my boot system in System Reserved, is there anyway i can do to fix this?

A:"Windows Loading Files" infinite loop, Can't Boot USB "disk error"

Hi,

Have you tried changing the boot sequence inside the BIOS?

Normally pressing F2 or F12 on the computer will solve this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/366393-windows-loading-files-infinite-loop-cant-boot-usb-disk-error.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hope this query is in the right section -tried to use my LDS 1881 England Census CDs last night - but having problems with the Viewer.

I have V4 which up to now has worked perfectly - tried to re-install it
and I keep getting "Failed to extract file "Dll_ini" from binary table"
error message.

BUT no problems on my laptap which has the Viewer installed from the
same CD.

Have had a few problems with computer of late - it was in the workshop
3 weeks ago because of some corrupt Windows files - could that be the
problem?

Grateful for any advice, suggestions as to what to do!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-error-failed-to-extract-file-dll_ini-from-binary-table.354576/
Relevancy 79.12%

I've been having some problems with my computer and I've always somehow managed to work my way around the issues spyware malware etc have created but lately it's been getting out of hand Some time ago I got a virus or something that made the entire tab under quot Processes quot dissapear So I could not see process-names in the task-manager I have re-installed XP but this problem persists I have been using a different application to monitor and handle processes The problem now is the constant pop-ups generated from this fake anti-virus program calling itself quot Anti Virus Pro quot or something It pops up with fake commercials and even attach itself into other explorer-windows while I view other pages As popups and messageboxes keep popping up I close them but after a while windows will open a messagebox telling me quot Buffer overrun detected in e Windows system explorer exe quot or windows explorer exe I don't remember really but you get the idea and explorer exe will be terminated sometimes taking some internet explorer windows along with it other times explorer exe just starts up again and all my windows remain I used to have Norton but was forced to remove it as it was sucking up all my CPU It rendered my computer and something++ fake a "Buffer Infected "Win overrun Spyware" - dialer or Anti error" useless as I mainly use it for gaming I've also experienced having the connection between me and my modem broken while beeing on the internet and I don't know if my computer actually is offline or if -I'm- just offline The LAN-connection won't detect my modem and I can't even find it by pinging it I have been trough Step without finding anything I could remove in control-panel The panda online search take hours if not days to finish as it slows down severly after a certain time I have tried acouple of times but before it finish a popup or an error will close the browser window EDIT I forgot to mention I have tried to follow acouple of solutions I saw you guys giving people Infected - "Win Anti Spyware" "Buffer overrun error" and a fake dialer or something++ with similiar problems Infected - "Win Anti Spyware" "Buffer overrun error" and a fake dialer or something++ as I had and searching for malware and stuff it did find some infected dll-files in my system folder and other windows-folders I deleted afew but something called nnommmll dll or something was attached to winlogon exe and therefore I couldn't delete it The other files came back after my computer crashed anyway though x x I'll now paste the logfile generated by dss exe ---------------------------------------------------- Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Per Killer on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Infected - "Win Anti Spyware" "Buffer overrun error" and a fake dialer or something++ Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Kontrollpunkt for system - - UTC - RP - Kontrollpunkt for system - - UTC - RP - Kontrollpunkt for system Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup System Drive E has GiB less than free -- HijackThis run as Per Killer exe ------------------------------------------ Unable to find log file not found running clone -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Running processes E WINDOWS system smss exe E WINDOWS system winlogon exe E WINDOWS system services exe E WINDOWS system lsass exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS system spoolsv exe E WINDOWS system CTSVCCDA EXE E WINDOWS system nvsvc exe E WINDOWS system PnkBstrA e... Read more

A:Infected - "Win Anti Spyware" "Buffer overrun error" and a fake dialer or something++

Hello and welcome to TSF

Please download ComboFix

Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop.

Close all browsers. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it will produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply.
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.

You are using an older version of HijackThis. Please do the following to download and install the latest version of HijackThis v2.0.2:

CLICK HERE to download the HijackThis Installer:Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Double-click on HJTInstall.exe to run the program.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
Accept the license agreement by clicking the "I Accept" button.
Click on the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click "Save log" to save the log file and then the log will open in Notepad.
Click on "Edit -> Select All" then click on "Edit -> Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and paste the log in your next reply.
Do NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet! Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

You may delete the older version once you have successfully downloaded and installed the latest version of HijackThis v2.0.2.

Expected logs:

Combofix.txt
HijackThis log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/infected-win-anti-spyware-buffer-overrun-error-and-a-fake-dialer-or-something-185695.html
Relevancy 78.69%

as described in the title when i boot my laptop http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E R i get the quot disk read error - gt press cntrl alt del to restart quot message I then tried to access the backup partition through f only to run into this error quot status xc e Info an unexpected I O error has occurred quot it seems that it I/O read f10 occured"at "a in startup error" and "unexpected disk error cant communicate with my hard drive I read a few other forum posts but didnt see anyone have the xc e error also Bios boot priorities are in order if that matters Is there a fix without having to "a disk read error occured"at startup and "unexpected I/O error" in f10 replace the entire HD and buy a new vista installation preinstalled w no disc in the box Im very reluctant to take it to a service center as i can very likely fix it myself with the help of the friendly people here of course only problem is im having a "a disk read error occured"at startup and "unexpected I/O error" in f10 little trouble finding my HD in this damn notebook heh ill figure that part out new to notebook repair Thanks in advance Danny edit found the HD doesnt look like it even uses a cable just plugs right into what i assume is the mb dont know if that helps just supplying what i can nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-disk-read-error-occured-at-startup-and-unexpected-i-o-error-in-f10.773506/
Relevancy 78.69%

How do I enable "Mount Disc Image to Drive <whatever>" with Nero 6 when right-clicking an image file in Windows Explorer? I know it can be done but I don't know how. I have both Nero imagedrives enabled. My friend has the exact same version of Nero that I do and he has it enabled, yet he doesn't know how he did it.

A:Enabling "Mount Image" from Right-Clicking Disc Image with Nero 6

Actually I'm wrong. I have Nero 7.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enabling-mount-image-from-right-clicking-disc-image-with-nero-6.457612/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a big problem here,
I have used my hard disk for 9month,
Yesterday when I watched movie on the half way,
My hard disk suddenly disfuntion,
And I thought my laptop problem due to always lagging so I restart my computer.
But after that I can't read my hard disk (WD)in my computer.
It can read in computer management there.

Ways I try:
1)I try to uninstall and reinstalled again,BUT it doesn't work.
2)I try to unchecked the hide folder and device at view.
3)I try to update the software BUT it still disfunction.
4)I try to use disk management and initialized it BUT there appeared CANNOT INITIALIZED Due to I/O device error.

Any solution for me ?

A:Hard Disk can't read in "my computer ", "initialized",I/O device error

The most usual cause is that the Hard Drive is beginning to fail. Back up your stuff. Go to the website of the manufacturer and test the drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335190-hard-disk-cant-read-my-computer-initialized-i-o-device-error.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Windows XP SP2

Ok, I tried some things in other threads but to no avail. But some threads are having my same problems. First this about:blank crap is always my home page even if I change it, as well as these porn links in my favorites list. I've run scans with 5 different virus/ adware scan programs but it doesn't fix it. However, it got even worse-- I can no longer open things like My Computer, My Documents or even Control Panel to try and uninstall software. When I try to open any folder my computer freezes temp. and I get the following message: "DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

PLEASE Somebody help me. I have hijack this, if that helps. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

A:Solved: I can't open anything "Dr. wtsn error" & I can't remove "blank: about" adware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-cant-open-anything-dr-wtsn-error-i-cant-remove-blank-about-adware.340831/
Relevancy 78.26%

I only get the BSOD when playing games not any specific game but any sometime i can go a whole week of playing games and have no BSOD at all and somedays minutes after a game is running it will BSOD everytime all day long When I try to Run any game like GW Or Inquisition my pc turns into Bluescreen with an error CRITICAL PROCESS DIED or KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR I ve already Updated all my drivers and reinstalled all my games also run chkdsk f and memtest with no problems This is the screen Also this is my dump config note that i have windows not Still it doesn t create any File or Folder and when the BSOD happens the blue screen say that its collecting info but it doesn t get off It s the same with the Inpage & Data "Critical Process Error" Died" "Kernel critical process died it just goes to the "Critical Process Died" & "Kernel Data Inpage Error" blue screen saying its collecting info but it also doesn t get off I m completely baffled with what to do as the blue screen view hasn t picked up anything and i cant find the dump files nbsp

A:"Critical Process Died" & "Kernel Data Inpage Error"

Hi BTW, welcome to the TSG Forums....

You may find this from the MS Community helpful. If Greek is easier to understand than this article then come back to this Forum and someone will help you.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-system/windows-81-bsod-kernel-data-inpage-error-and/b67ae41a-9228-4462-9c53-d1f5d115f784

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/critical-process-died-kernel-data-inpage-error.1142685/
Relevancy 78.26%

hi can u help me about instruction at "0x7c9100c8" referenced memory at "0x666f7260" it always appear every 4 hours and then my computer start counting for shutdown or restart. help please . . .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/instruction-at-0x7c9100c8-referenced-memory-at-0x666f7260-service-exe-error-519291.html