Windows Support Forum

Cannon Scanner menu not in English

Q: Cannon Scanner menu not in English

Does anybody know how to change the language of a scanner. We had to uninstall everything last year when our computer got a virus and the technician cleaned our hard drive. I reinstalled the software for the scanner and definitely selected English as the language we wanted but both times I tried it it came out in French.

We have worked out what words mean clear, preview and scan in French but cannot use any of the fine tuning buttons as we don't know what they say.

The Scanner is a Canoscan N656U and the programme is Canoscan Version 1.02

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cannon Scanner menu not in English

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Cannon Scanner menu not in English

Use adda and remove to uninstall the scanner, then reinstall. That problem is not uncommon, but usually goes away. Use RegCleaner from to remove any remaining parts of the Scanner software, then reboot, then reinstall.
You might want to try downloading a later version of the Canoscan software.
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a Cannon PIXMA MP760 printer/scanner, the Windows Fax & Scan does not recognise this as a scanner
There is no help or support from the application
Is this a driver problem, if so how and where can you get the correct drivers to fix
Can anyone help

A:Cannon PIXMA MP760 printer/scanner not recognised as a scanner

If there is no Windows 8 driver, try with the one for Windows 7
Relevancy 68.37%

I live in cetral Africa and just bought a Canon Lido 25 scanner as it was the only one available here. However, it only came with OmniPage 4 and doesn't download into Word for OCR. Is there a way to make it work with Word, or will I have to buy a decent version of OmniPage to make it useful? I need it to work in both French and English and right now, it only uses OmniPage in English. Any ideas would be welcome.

A:OCR with a Cannon Lide 25 scanner

Is Word installed as part of an MS-Office package? If so, the installer for some versions of MS-Office (like 2003 that I use at work) has the option of installing scanning and OCR capabilities that can import into Word.

EDIT: In MS-Office 2003, the tools are called Microsoft Office Document Scanning and Microsoft Office Document Imaging.
Relevancy 67.94%

I used this driver on my previous computer with XP and it uses ScangearCS to scan without any problem.

I have Windows Vista now and the driver does not download form the manufacturer's disk neither could I download from the Website.

Can any one advise please.

A:Cannon 4200f scanner driver

I am pleased to let others know that I solved the problem by using Arc Soft Photo Studio 5.5 and scanned the document. It opened the Canon Scangearand scanned the document successfuly. Hope this might help somebody.
Relevancy 67.94%

Apparently Cannon do not have the appropriate drivers for download......any suggestions?

A:Cannon LIDE 50 scanner drivers for 8.1

Time to get a new scanner. Unless you want to run XP or Vista on a separate partition to just use that ancient scanner, that is going to be the only way to use it.

Call it Planned Obsolescence.
Relevancy 67.08%

I am trying to connect this scanner to a Windows XP machine. I need the driver for this scanner for WIN XP. Can anyone help me? I have tried the twain driver and it doesn't work. From seaching on the net, I have read where the driver for WIN 2000 will not work either. These are excellent scanners and nothing wrong with them. I see no need in having to buy new ones when these work great but can't seem to get them to work with Windows XP. Any advice??
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello All,
I think I saw a partial solution to my problem with the Cannon BJC 85 scanner feature on the Vista forums.
For some reason the scanner cartridge is not compatible with Vista o/s.
I was able to download the IS 12 scanner program partially onto my computer
using the Windows 98 mode as mentioned by the guest hgdffkhdf .
I also saw a posting by [email protected] about ISScan_v350.exe
as being a solution.

Could anyone give me more detailed instructions on how to make the scanner work on Vista o/s?
Relevancy 66.22%

I am using 32 bit Vista, and a Cannon MF3240, with an Axis print server. Printing works fine.

I can scan if I by pass the AXIS print server and connect directly to the MF3240 with a USB cable using a windows 7, 64 bit laptop. I think I can do the same with the Vista 32 bit, I think I did years ago but I forget. What I need is a solution to allow me to scan through the Axis print server so that I can remote scan through the net work. But I can not seem to get the laptop scanner software packages I have, or even the axis or cannon software to find the Cannon scanner. It finds it as a printer, but not as a scanner.

I am hoping to find something that can make it work through the network for scanning. Looking for some ideas.

Relevancy 59.34%

anyone know if i can change wmp 11 menu to another language?

A:english menu

Take your pick of language choice from the third selection box ...
Relevancy 56.76%

Cannon BJC-1000SP.
DOES NOT print the first page first if there is more than one page to print.
E.G. If two pages...Prints page two first..
If Three pages..Prints page 3 first then 2 then.....
HELP a poor Ole New Zealander who needs to print some more pictures of sheep for the bedroom wall so he can sleep tonight.

Relevancy 56.76%

As the title suggested, my start menu appear to be in chinese and I dont know how to change it back to english please help

A:Change language back to English on the start menu

1) Press Windows key+X+A. This will open administrative command prompt and type control.exe /name Microsoft.Language2) Language window pops out and tap on Add Language and follow on screen Instructions to download English Language and Install.3) On successful Updating to English Language. In Language window make sure to Select English Language to first position by tapping on Move up under Change your Language Preferences section.4) Restart the system to take changes effect.Hope this steps will helpful in resolving your query
Relevancy 50.74%

I was doing a crossword puzzle online and all of the sudden a couple of windows flashed across the screen and the language changed from all English to a mixed English and Arabic (I believe). The menu bar at top of screen is gone too. HELP!

A:Language on my computer changed from English to English and (I believe) Arabic

Press the Windows flag key + R and in the Run open field type: intl.cpl (press enter)
Check that the drop down box under “Format: English” is set to “Match Windows Display language (recommended)"

I would be a little leery that something malicious may have been installed on the computer to cause this unwanted change. You may want to update and run any AV and or anti-malware programs you may have installed.
Relevancy 49.88%

I live in belgium and naturally buy my hardware here. I don't, however, like to install my sotware in dutch as it's much easier to solve problems in english.
This means that I install an english windows 7 on my pc and I install english versions of software as wel.

Now, even though I do all this, I still get text in dutch both from the system and from software. For example, some error messages from windows itself are in dutch.

Can anyone explain to me how this is possible and how i can change it? It must have something to do with the hardware but when I install software in english, I expect it to be in English!

A:English installs on an english windows still in dutch

I don't think the hardware has anything to do with it. Question is whether you truely installed an English version. If that was an OEM installed Dutch Win7, then it is not part of the 5 language version (En, Fr, Ger, Span, JPN). You need a 5 language version installation disk to get full English. How did you actually install the "English version" - from what source.
Relevancy 49.88%

I have been trying to get Cortana to work on my SP3, unfortunately it is locked onto speech English UK, I have all latest windows downloads and all settings suite the Australian region except for speech which I cannot change.
Any help to change the speech would be most appreciated.
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello everyone my first post here i hope you can help My girlfriend has a new-ish laptop that came with Windows Home Premium and recently it had some issues The English, Force I Not It To Run English? Windows Can Installation In in issues have got worse and it turned out to be a stuffed drive out of warranty its basically stuffed I got a new HD and installed it but when i went digging for the Windows disc that came with it i couldn't find it Some googling tells me that this laptop does not come with any install discs seriously wtf only some manuals and other paper work There was however a recovery drive which i assume was a partition for re-installing windows and the rest of the included bloat ware Without a Windows disc we could not install it on the new drive so i downloaded an ISO on my machine and created a DVD but the idiot i am i downloaded it in the wrong language I didn't notice the NL at Windows Installation Not in English, Can I Force It To Run In English? the end of the file which im assuming is Netherlands Please excuse my language ignorance if im wrong I Windows Installation Not in English, Can I Force It To Run In English? know downloading software is wrong i dont need a lecture I'm just not going to pay for another copy of Windows because the scumbag laptop manufacturer wont even include a bloody install disc I have the product key of course luckily the sticker on the bottom of the laptop was still visible Sure i could download another ISO Windows Installation Not in English, Can I Force It To Run In English? but being bad once is enough for me and our net is pretty slow it took days to DL this copy Hope someone can help

A:Windows Installation Not in English, Can I Force It To Run In English?

I would download or borrow an English language Windows Seven DVD. Install it with no product key. You have 30 days to evaluate. Also you can extend that period several times. It's not illegal. See this tutorial:

By that time you should be able to determine you have everything working and can then find out what you need to do for activation to keep it permanently.
Relevancy 49.88%

How do I reset my computer to English?

A:My computer is not in English How do I change it back to English?

The following document may help you:
Install or change a display language
Windows 7 language packs are available for computers that are running Windows 7 Ultimate
or Windows 7 Enterprise

Best Regards
DalePlease remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?
Relevancy 49.02%

When I right click on a shortcut(.lnk) say in the start menu, my anti-virus program appears twice in the context menu because it wants to scan both the shortcut.lnk file and what its pointing too.

On my other pc the context menu only has the option to scan what the shorcut is pointing too so obviously something is different with my system. Anyone know what?

Relevancy 48.16%

whenever I download an english game and go to play it nothing is in english. This has been going on for a couple months. Don't know how to fix it. thank you

A:can't play english games in english

What is your default operating system language set to?

This would be found in Control panel in Regional settings.
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi there,
When choosing the Win 10 install I am given these options:
Select Language: English (United Kingdom), English (United States)

are there any major differences? apart from the obvious one - certain words are spelt differently...

Relevancy 44.29%

Does anybody knows the difference between Windows 8.1 English and Windows 8.1 English International distribution?

A:English vs English International

I haven't seen it listed that way.
Where are you seeing it listed like that?
In my MSDN, I can see the English-UK (en-GB), and the English (en-US) downloads:

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.

This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)
Relevancy 42.14%

I am trying to download video and audio from my dv camara to my computer using Windows movie maker.

I am able to get the video onto the computer ok, but the audio from the tape never seems to come out. I am using a Dazzle S video adapter that has audio inputs. I have tried using the headphome jack and the AV jack on the camara to get audio, but still no good.

Any suggestions?
Relevancy 41.71%

pls if someone can help me:
cannon IRC2380i i need to scan documents and send them to a specific folder which can be created in the panel, my question is how to create this folder on the panel of the scanner ?

A:cannon irc2380i

Closing duplicate thread too:

Please only start one thread per issue.
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone I use Windows XP Home Edition with service pack Celeron D Pentium I am trying to remove the driver for the Canon Fax-C MultiPass suite version from my computer since the machine doesn t work properly however everytime I go to un-install the driver a box problems Cannon comes up and tells me that I have to close the Multi-Pass on my tool bar and even though that is also closed out as well I still cannot get the driver to remove since the same box keeps appearing if I click yes the same box just reappears and if I click no then the uninstall doesn t complete and the wizard shuts down I hooked back up my old Epson Printer and I can t use that at this time either since the program from the Multi-Pass conflicts with the driver for the epson I hope that someone can help me with this issue Thank You In Advance Sincerely bright eyes nbsp

A:Cannon problems

If anyone can, I can...

Try deleting in safemode.
Relevancy 41.71%

iv lost the installation cd for my printer so cant re install it on my comp!
a. how do i now install it?
b. do i need to get a new cd if so how?
c. can i do it manually?

A:cannon mp600

Get the drivers on-line
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone just looking to buy a Cannon a300, and was wondering if its a half decent camera?

Relevancy 41.71%

pls if someone can help me:
cannon IRC2380i i need to scan documents and send them to a specific folder which can be created in the panel, my question is how to create this folder on the panel of the scanner ?

Relevancy 41.71%

can anyone tell me how the two black inks work on this printer (canon ip3600) my large tank pgbk has run out I thiught this ink was for photographs but I have only been printing on normal paper the smaller tank bk is full how do I access it. Also can you have chipped ink tanks refilled?
please help

A:cannon ip3600

did you try reading the manual?

PIXMA iP3600 Photo Printer with win xp
[if you have a different os - then make the changes]

you can download the manual here:

NOTE: the manual downloads as an exe to install with the other software as an on-screen item
[so i didn't want to mess up my systems software]
Relevancy 41.71%

I have an Acer cpu with windows XP and internet explorer. I can upload my pics to the computer and view them but cannot send them via email. Thr browser does not recognize the address. I can't figure out how to solve the problem! Help please!

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi..i have a cannon ixus 500 digital cam...can i use this cam as a webcam??

A:Cannon Digital Cam

Check out the manual. As far as I think you cannot.
Relevancy 41.71%

We have a Cannon BJC 6000 printer and it is about five years old. The colours are all washed out and it doesn't print colours anything like what you see on the screen and everything looks washed out and muddy looking. The printer always seems to switch colours around as well. I use this computer partly for a business invoice. Any ideas of what is wrong? I've tried the internal cleaning and alignment of the printing heads and it has helped change the colour back to what it should be but it doesn't last long. I think the quality is still poor!

Maybe I should just buy a new printer! Any recommendations?

A:Cannon BJC 6000

Does the problem still occur with new cartridges?
Relevancy 41.71%

Ok, I am having a little problem. When I start up the computer, it loads up all the programs, but when it gets to the printer (Cannon Multipass C530) it completely freezes, and I have to start all over again. If I click control-alt and delete, and take out my monitr32 the computer finishes and allows me to complete the process. CAN ANYONE please tell me what in easy to understand terms, what is happening and second how can I fix this so I can use the printer. I would be forever grateful for any assistance.

A:Help in start up with Cannon

Hiya and welcome

Go to Run and type MSINFO32
On the left choose Software Enviroment, then Startup Programs. Copy/paste the list here.

Also, which version of Windows are you running?

Relevancy 41.71%

I booted my PC and it would not start, sighting an error with sfvfs02.sys being corrupt.

Ive tried system restore, no luck... any suggestions?

A:cannon start

What method did you use to do a system restore if you can't start the computer?

Were you able to boot to safe mode or safe mode with command prompt?

What is your operating system?
Relevancy 41.71%

i am gonna have a short cruise with my bf. wanna capture every unforgottable moments when travel. so, a decent camera is essential. actually i already own an Olympus FE-4020 14MP 4x Zoom Digital Camera. but i don't think it is qualified enough. i've searched a lot on line and found this Canon T1i 15MP DSLR . it has lots of favorable reviews, i have to say. kinda love it. but i am not sure it is really a good buy. quality? price? plz give me some suggestions. tks

Relevancy 41.71%

I am trying to download video and audio from my dv camara to my computer using Windows movie maker.

I am able to get the video onto the computer ok, but the audio from the tape never seems to come out. I am using a Dazzle S video adapter that has audio inputs. I have tried using the headphome jack and the AV jack on the camara to get audio, but still no good.

Any suggestions?
Relevancy 41.71%

I had posted here before about a cannon printer I brought the printer home to my place and wanted to try to get it printer Cannon to work on my computer I have a Dell running XP I hooked up the printer and installed the drivers and everything installed properly I recieve no error messages at all as I was before with the other computer The only thing is the printer still doesn t print It says it is but it does Cannon printer not I did buy a catridge but I bought the wrong one I didn t buy the BC- I bought the little one that needs the colour too to fit if you know what i mean so I m lost I m sure what to do Should i buy the new cartidge or assume that the printer is dead or not working properly My friend bought it from a thrift store i guess you can call it and i Cannon printer think that there might be something wrong woth the printer The cartirdge button that you are suppose to press when Cannon printer you install a cartidge doesn t work Any suggestions would be appreciated nbsp

A:Cannon printer

I would just get another printer. Those print cartridges are pretty expensive.
Relevancy 41.28%

Cannon Photostitch 3.1 will not launch. I receive this error:

Launcher.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because LTKRN70N.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.Click to expand...

Tried re-installing, but did not work. The installer reports that it is upgrading from an earlier version, but I do not have an earlier version on the system.

Tried to google for the problem, but drew a blank. Also searched my hard drive for the file, but only found files in the Internet Cache to do with my googling.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 41.28%

i have Cannon PowerShot Sd600 Digital Elph.

Can i use this camera as a webcamera? .. does anyone else have this camera.

and i have read the maual etc./.

A:Cannon Cmaera / webcam help !

Camera's aren't made to be used as webcams, well about but the cheapest anyway. I'm sure if a program that can turn a digital camera into a webcam exist google could find it.
Relevancy 41.28%

My issue seems to be on my end or the routers end The printer worked when we first brought it Cannon 560 MX Problems Wireless home easily setup and accessed with no problems We then had to move for months to a rental house while ours was repaired and once again the printer worked fine on that router Fast forward to about months ago and back on the original router Netgear wireless x b and g and it just won t be found by either my computer running Cannon MX 560 Wireless Problems W brand new or my mothers similar computer Both ran it perfectly before the move back but now i just can t find it At first the print spooler would shut down i ve fixed that problem I just want to print from it Here is what i ve done I ve installed uninstalled and reinstalled the basic package from cannon I ve checked drivers and other basic problems without any change I ve changed the router setup to see if its connection was a problem nope its connecting to the router fine Cannon MX 560 Wireless Problems i can see it in the routers quot connected devices quot tab I ve tried disabling firewall big nope Ran reg fixer nope Windows problem finder nope I ve already contacted Cannon about this but they just said quot Do process x and if that doesn t work it s not our fault and we cannot help you further quot I just want to get Cannon MX 560 Wireless Problems it back up and running without having to buy a new one Help Here s my TSG Sys Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc U A Antivirus Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus if that helps Oh and i tried it on another quot school quot computer and same problem nbsp

A:Cannon MX 560 Wireless Problems

See if changing the router's wireless channel solves the problem (since returning home, others in your street may be using the same channel, and if their signal is strong enough, it could be interfering with yours).

To change your router's wireless channel you'll have to open the router's web-based configuration page & go into "wireless settings".

If that doesn't make any difference, try to reduce the distance between router and printer.
Relevancy 41.28%

I read that the cannon g6 does not use a usb port to upload pictures, what does it use? plus if anyone can give me their personal opinion about the camera I would appreciate it. And if anyone knows, would you recommend it over the nikon coolpix 8770? thanks

Relevancy 41.28%

So I walk into work and the boss peeps decided to swap ISP's on me.. Great. We went from a wireless radio system to DSL. Higher speeds? great! Setting everything back up? not so great. After about a half hour I got it all going again, except the old cannon printer. It is our only network printer that is not wireless, it connects directly to the router via Ethernet. Our new router absolutely REFUSES to see the cannon.

When getting a new printer is not an option, what will fix this?

A:New router is not seeing old cannon printer

Does your Printers's adapter is configured to getting 'ip address automatically'? if not so .. change it to automatic.. that might help.
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello all,

I have had this camera for numerous months now and love it. The only problem is that the pictures that are uploaded to my computer are huge. I have to pull the photo into firework and then change the image size into something better before I can put them on the net or really print them myself.

My question is, if I change the image quality that the camera takes will I be able to see a huge difference in the snap shot?

Is there another way around all of this?

Thanks guys,

A:Cannon Rebal Digital

If you have Windows XP there is a small program you can download. Go here:

You will find "ImageResizer.exe" down on the right hand side of the page.

This program when installed adds a very good basic image resize feature to your right click. Then all you have to do is pick one of a few size options it gives you. It keeps your origional file as it was and creates a smaller version with (small) added to the name.
Relevancy 41.28%

Howdy folks. Trying to help my 75 year old mom who lives 150 miles away..

She has one of those Cannon Digital SLR cameras. When she plugs in the memory chip into her computer, she says it automatically copies them over to a folder.. I do not know if it does or not. I would think that if shes using a card reader, it would not auto copy them..

Only if the memory chip is in the camera, and she plugs in the camera, would it auto copy. Am I correct in my understanding?

Also, if it did auto copy it, can anyone tell me what cannon's default folders are for windows 7 pro? Thanks.

A:Cannon SLR W7 default folders?

I don't think that it copies the pictures automatically into a folder unless she chose it by default. It could be placed in several different places in the computer but most likely it will be under the pictures file or the downloads folder. She needs to see when she plugs in the camera to what location are the pictures being transferred, but I believe they should still be in her memory card.
Relevancy 41.28%

My parents have this cannon mp620 wireless printer....It's been installed and working for awhile now....not sure how long. yesterday they printed from there laptop wirelessly and today they can't. They get error: printer not responding. This was the same thing that happened to there HP wireless printer. With that one I uninstalled and reinstalled a bunch of times to end up having the same error. Now the cannon is doing the same thing. What could be the root cause of this and how can I fix this?

A:cannon mp620 printer

It can be that the printer IP address is changing, and the change is not reflected in the printer port properties in the computer's printer properties. This can happen if the printer and computers are turned off overnight. The next day, when restarting the computers and printer, the router generates new IP addresses for each that are different from those assigned the previous day. The printer is now on a different IP address than expected from its port setting.

The easiest way to get around this problem is to set the printer IP address as static in the router. First, open the printer's properties in Devices and Printers Control panel, check the Ports tab, scroll down to the printer's port, select Configure Port and write down the current Printer IP Address. Then check the bottom or back panels of the printer for the Printer's MAC address and write this down.

Then, open the router's web setup page (192.168.X.Y - typed into the address bar of your browser - where X and Y are the octets for your router). Find the method of setting a Static IP address for a given MAC Address and enter the MAC address for the printer and its current IP Address that you found above. Be sure to save these settings.

You should be good to go.
Relevancy 41.28%

Power Shot A-20 by Cannon. I have d/l some pics in the past but now i keep getting "invalid page fault...DB_Interface.dll". I have deleted the program and reloaded twice to no avail. Any Ideas?

A:Cannon Power Shot A-20

Hiya and welcome

When do you get this error? Are you online or offline?

Which version of Windows are you using? Also, lets see which version of driver you have.

Control Panel | System. Device Manager. Look for the camera, rightclick and choose Properties. Driver tab.

Relevancy 41.28%

I am trying to network (hardwire) my Canon PIXMA MX870 and I can't get my son's laptop (Satellite L505D-S5983) to install the drivers from the printers disc. The install goes about half way and then error comes up and the disc prompts you to start over. The only thing I could find on the laptop is a windows update KB977074 that never installed and also fails every time my son tries to update. My sons laptop is running Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit. When I go to network I can see the cannon printer but it says memory and share but does not give any option to use as a printer. Is there a way to use w/o the drivers or any way to install the drivers? Thanks in advance for any help on getting the drivers installed on my son's laptop.

A:Cannon PIXMA MX870

Welcome to Seven Forums.
Have you tried the drivers from the Canon site?

Some times they are more up to date and will install. Just select windows Seven Operating System and save to desktop.
Once you have what you need saved extract if needed then run the setup.exe files.Also make sure to set it as your default printer.
Let us know what happens
Relevancy 41.28%

I have an quot all in one quot MP160 Dies! Cannon printer scanner Cannon MP that I am running with Windows XP The Cannon is brand new and was only used a few Cannon MP160 Dies! times It totally died on me No sign of power in the unit The power strip is OK I have another printer plugged into the same strip there was no quot surge quot lighting storm or any other odd occurance I used it successfully just seconds before it died for no apparent reason I tried playing with the power cord wiggling it around unplugging and re-plugging to see if there was a short About the only thing I can think to do is try another power cord It seems really odd to me Has anyone had a similar experience or can you suggest anything to try I already tried plugging into another outlet hitting the quot reset quot button etc But I m open for suggestions Also I tried using my old quot VISIONEER quot scanner which worked fine with WIN but now with XP it says it wants the quot LPT Port SPP EPP enabled quot I believe that is just the standard printer port correct My second printer works fine so doesn t that prove that LPT already IS enabled The XP quot help quot is useless It refers to quot LPR quot but not quot LPT quot or just routes you to quot Wizard quot which asks you to pick from a list of brand names that does NOT include quot Visioneer quot P S I really really HATE Windows especially XP I m planning to convert to LINUX a s a p nbsp
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi! I am having a small issue with Cannon's ZoomBrowser program. I'm working on making movies with clips and pictures. I love the program, the way that it all works, but I ran into a small problem. Saving.

When I click save it says...
"The save failed due to decrease in available memory. Decrease the save image size, or reduce the number of images you are adding to the story board, and try to save again"

I decreased all of the images size, but it still didn't save. What is the issue with this program? I'm hoping you'll tell me there is just something small wrong that I can fix. It does this with about 10 pictures and 2 30 second video clips, so its not like I have lots of images/clips in it either.
Thank You!

Relevancy 41.28%

I have just bought a Canon MP370 (all in one).
However, I have problems on installing it.

My PC's OS is windows xp home edition version 2002.

It said it can't find usbprint.sys and usbscan.sys from the system when I plug the printer to my PC via USB.

I have tried downloading these 2 files from the Net and installed them but the PC still can't connect to the printer. I do not know what I should do.
Please help!
Thanks in advance!

A:How to connect Cannon MP370 to XP OS?

Hi and welcome.

I believe those files should be found on the XP Home install cd. However, most all in ones require the accompanying software installed first, THEN you plug the USB cord in.
Relevancy 41.28%

Problem printing anything and everything, did I mention it doesn't print at all.
I have this printer for over 3 years now, it ran smoothly the first year or so, but then it gave me this problem, it never prints anything. When I turn it on, it looks like everything will go fine but then it rolls-out some paper(s)...
Then after 5 seconds, the light turns to orange (error).
I have tried all the Windows troubleshooting. Checked all wires, connection, paper, driver, all is good.
I suppose it's the printer itself. Any ideas?

Relevancy 41.28%

I have a Cannon ip 4200 printer. Just upgraded to W-7 64 bit Home. Computer won't recognize it. Any detailed help would be greatly received. I say that because I'm 74 young

Thanks MM

A:Cannon printer driver

Go to the Canon website and download the latest driver:

Photo Inkjet Printers - Photo Inkjet Printers - PIXMA Pro Professional Inkjet Printers - PIXMA Corporate and Graphic Arts Printers - Photo Fun Projects - Photo Printer - PIXMA iP4200 - Canon USA Consumer Products
Relevancy 41.28%

I just got a used cannon BIC-4300 printer and after I hooked it up, there is a green blinking light on the front of the printer. What does this mean?

A:Cannon Bubble Jet Printer

Assuming you mean BJC-4300, go here to download a manual.
Relevancy 41.28%

After installing my windows on my laptop when I tried to install Microsoft Office 2007 installer showed a message that it cannot find the msvcr80.dll file in Office.en-us folder! But I clearly see that .dll file,right there!!!
Now what to do.Help me out please.

A:Cannon find msvcr80.dll

Some information about the problem here:
Msvcr80.dll - Msvcr80.dll Not Found Error - Missing Msvcr80.dll - Fix Msvcr80.dll

You could also run sfc scannow command:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Relevancy 41.28%

Can anyone give me advice please.

I h ave not used my Cannon Pixma MG4100 for a week,come to use it today and I have the message "printer not responding! on the computer screen.

A:Solved: Cannon printer

Check to see if it is plugged in and turned on. If it is on Standby bring it out of that state.

If it's supposed to be connected directly to the computer by USB check that the cable is connected. If it is a network printer see if you can ping it; see if it has a valid IP address.
Relevancy 41.28%

I have this Cannon Bubble Jet BJC-250 printer attached to a Gateway 486 computer and am having trouble with it's printing action. The problem is that when giving the command to print a document it starts printing, prints the top quarter of the page and stops. I have to follow the directions in the manual to eject the paper, but I can't find anything that adresses the fact that the printer will not print the entire page. I just put in a new ink cartridge, thinking that could be contributing to the problem, but the only help there is I can see what was printed on just the top of the page.

Genesis Design

Relevancy 41.28%

I have cannon printer BJC-3000.
It print nice for a year.
I replace before a week the black ink.
It printed nice for 2 Day's and then start some time to print out a blank paper.
I give it a clean command and it improve but still there are blank lines.
So now some time it print OK and some time the printing is not so clear.
This problem happen only with black text. the other color is working fine with no problem.

What can be done?

A:problem with cannon printer

You probably have a defective black cartridge. Try replacing it with one from another store (so you won't get one from the same batch).
Relevancy 41.28%

My printer quit working with Windows 10 installation. I thought it was my printer so I bought a new Cannon printer. It too does not work. I keep getting error message about printer driver not installed. Also got one about a printer spooler. I am not a computer
person. Tried all I know. Please help.
Also, my volume has disappeared. I HATE WINDOWS 10  HATE IT
Relevancy 41.28%

I registered to get help with my printer and after signing up I see no categories for printers.
Therefore I set this thread up...

If anyone can help I would appreciate it very much..

Well; here goes.

My Cannon S820 printer suddenly and for no reason is now printing partial documents.

Some of the printing is also smaller, this is puzzling.

I tried deep cleaning the head, put new cartridges in and aligned the printer head...

The printer is only 3 years old .... please tell me that I won't have to buy another.....

Relevancy 41.28%

I bought a refill kit for my bottom of the line Cannon BJC 250. I spent $40.00 for the kit which refills the inkl wells 6 times versus the same price for a new cartridge. I can't get and RED. Is there someone who knows a way to fix this, or do I have to buy the new cartridge anyway? I've tried using a damp paper towel to disolve any crud that might be plugging the nozzle.

Saved a buck, still no luck: Bought new ink, pictures still stink. (boy that's BAD)
Relevancy 40.85%

I am migrating from an XP Pro system to Windows 7. The Cannon MP520 which has been working flawlessly in the XP 32 bit environment wasn't digging Windows 7 64 bit too much.

I figured out a way to load my preferred scanning software (scangear), however, the scanner kept stalling, even in 32-bit mode and I got the 2,155,0 error. Found the following thread which is now closed:

I just want to add that in my case, since the cable was working fine yesterday on another computer, I decided to just try another USB port. That solved the problem for me.

Relevancy 40.85%

Greetings all... I have what I feel is a simple problem... however, I am short on time... Have a friend with a Cannon Bubble Jet BJC 4400. Everytime she prints anything, it leaves a light streak of ink down one side of the page. She has installed brand new cartridges, no luck, no change... what a good way to check/clean her print heads? It has no options to Align Print Cartridges/ etc... thanks again

Relevancy 40.85%

I lost the installation disc so went to Cannon and downloaded the k1a8_ukx.exe file then unzipped the files to C:\\windows\temp. Now what? I looked in the temp files and don't know what to do now.

A:Cannon powershot A10 installation problem

try this. i also have a canon powershot digital camera different model tho.ive never had to use the disk with it if i even have one. just plug in the cord that came with the camera im assuming u have one and plug the other end into a usb port. u should see a notice that says found new hardware etc. then u should see i think scanner and camera wizard. just go from there. hope this helps u.
Relevancy 40.85%

OK, I'll admit I'm stupid! I was trying to get rid of unnecessary services to speed up my computer, and evidently turned off a service that allows my Canon camera EOS utility to download photos. I uninstalled then reinstalled the EOS, hoping it would automatically right itself, but it did not work.

Can you tell me which service to turn back on? thank you!
Relevancy 40.85%

The problem: The black ink does not print. The other colors do. The cartridge is a BJC color cartridge that holds three colors plus black. The ink "tank" has ink and does feed.
I think the Nozzle in the cartridge is plugged. Running the print head cleaning utility does not clear the nozzle. I am thinking of removing the ink tanks and immerse the head in alcohol and let it soak. Do you think that would clear the nozzle? What about the possibility the alcohol would ruin the cartridge? Has anyone solved this problem and if so how? Thank you for any help you can provide.
Relevancy 40.85%

I have above printer but Vista Home will not play fair. I'm new to this post and basically to the computer age so please bear with me. Purchased a new desk top and tried to load the software disc for my printer but was warned Vista had issues with it. I did not continue loading! I researched Microsoft and Cannon and found a downloadable driver at the Cannon website that would fix the problem so I downloaded it. I once again tried to load software disc for the printer and recieved a "new driver has already been installed." I'm guessing I need to uninstall original driver but I'm clueless on which driver it is and how to uninstall once I find it. Any help would be appreciated!
Relevancy 40.85%

Can't find much info on Cannon's site...and they don't have a support forum like HP ? Can't get my Cannon IP5000 to connect to my home wireless network...all other machines/PC's/laptops connect with no problem.

Cannon used to connect with old router (Netgear WGT640) but won't with my new Netgear WNR3500v1 router.

Anyone know of a Cannon specific forum and/or unofficial support group online where I can trouble shoot this printer with Win 7 Pro 32bit machine(s) & networks?

A:Can't get my Cannon printer to recgonize W7 Pro Network

If your PC and printer is individually connected to the router and prior router worked then it is likely to be

1. Wired to wireless LAN sharing for printer issues
2. LAN IP change ex 192.168.0.x to 192.168.1.x and any third party firewall on PC is refusing to connect.

One great way to check is to connect PC hardwired and if you are able to find the printer it's a wireless issue.
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this forum but I have a huge problem.
Recently I took pictures from my SLR cannon camera. They pictures were very important and business related.

When i put the card into my computer to transfer all the data, my driver (f) said it was not formatted and to format now. If i clicked yes, it would delete all my data. When I put the card back in my camera, it now says error.

I don't want to delete any of the data and neither do I want to pay for any software especially if it is an easy fix.

Is there anyway I can get my memory card up and running again?

A:Memory card error for Cannon

Unfortunately, it sounds as if the card has developed a fault and there is unlikely to be a way to correct it.

Other members might be able to add further suggestions.
Relevancy 40.85%

So here's what happened. I was using my computer, signed off to switch users. And when I tried to get back in I get an error message. "Windows cannot confirm that windows is registered on your system. Windows must register before you can sign on." That's not word for word because im not near my computer and am using a different one. But basically if I try to register online it cannot connect. Please help me. I was using it, signed off, and then a few seconds later I can't sign on. Id prefer to not have to call to register because I know something is wrong. I've been using this computer with this Windows XP Home Edition for years and ive never encountered anything like this. Also there was no error code or number associated with the message at all. Just words.

Thankyou for any help.
Relevancy 40.85%

I own a Cannon A60 and my roomate owns a Cannon A70. How do we install our software? I installed mine first and then she did, now neither camera programs work.....

Relevancy 40.85%

Hope I'm in the right category - this website is always so helpful - thanks to all of you !

Have a page of numbers in many columns and some lettering. When I scan it, comes out as a pdf file - needs to be jpg.

If I copy/paste the pdf - it stretches out over several pages rather than being on only the one page.

If I scan an object - it will come out as a picture file. . . .

Can someone please help that has more knowledge than I do ? Am sure it must be something simple !

Many thanks

Relevancy 40.85%

I can not get my computer to recognize my Cannon Optura 30 cam corder. I could not find any drivers that would help with this problem on the Cannon site. Any suggestions on getting my computer recognize the Optura 30?

A:Cannon Optura 30 on Windows 7 64bit

I have the same problem with an Canon Optura 40. Any one know anything about getting it to work? It seems it will function to capture live video but not pull anything off the tape...
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there,

I have been trying to get my MP560 to print. I get the error 'printer not responding". Or "A print job in the print queue is preventing other print jobs from printing". I clear the queue, but as soon as I try to print a page, I get this error.

Please help
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a Cannon MG2920 pixma printer that when I try to print I get a error printer is being used by another computer.

The printer is on a network using windows 10. When I reinstall the printer it prints ok for awhile. or if I shut it off and turn it back on.
All the drivers are current.
Relevancy 40.85%

I looked at the specs and they indicate this printer will function on W7 and W7 SP1 with no mention of W8.

Could it possibly work on W8.

A:Cannon PIXMA MG2220 Printer

I can't say for sure, but my guess would be yes. I have 2 older Canon Pixma printers - an iP4700 and an MP210 - and both worked fine in Windows 8 and work fine in 8.1.
Relevancy 40.85%

Have downloaded cannon ip400 driver for win7/64....aomwin11023.exe and this appears to have installed OK, but when I try to instal cannon software, get the message ''that it is for a 32bit platform only. process terminated''
I thought that 32 bit programs could be run on this version of win 7, is there a different installation procedure that should have been followed?

A:cannon ip4000 will not install win7/64

Can you print? what do you need the software for anyway???
Relevancy 40.85%

Sorry to barge in.
Our CANNON MX472 simply stopped printing TEXT.
For example, when I try to print an airplane ticket/itinerary,
it DOES print the square "box" template boxes which should contain
text/info. They are blank. Oddly, it prints the WIFI symbol (color)
and the ticket "locator record number" also in color.
This started out-of-the-blue.
It prints a page of C C M M Y Y color bars (no black ?) .
Any thoughts would be TREEEEEEMENDOUSLY appreciated.
Thanks for your time and trouble.
Relevancy 40.85%

I have bought HP 64 bit DOS laptop.  then installed windows 7 64 bit on it.Downloaded all relevant drivers from HP site through HP support software.But cannot install Cannon LBP2900 USB printer.As soon as I plug in the printer I get the message that the device connected to USB port has malfuntioned. Printer works on my other HP 64 bit laptop having windows 10. Please help  

A:Cannon USB printer not getting installed on hp 64 bit window...

phatak77 wrote:I have bought HP 64 bit DOS laptop.  then installed windows 7 64 bit on it.Downloaded all relevant drivers from HP site through HP support software.But cannot install Cannon LBP2900 USB printer.As soon as I plug in the printer I get the message that the device connected to USB port has malfuntioned. Printer works on my other HP 64 bit laptop having windows 10. Please help  Try downloading & installing the Canon driver for this device:
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all, new to this site but have found some of the info very helpful... I am having problems with some Cannon printer software removal. Ever since I have owned the printer (MPC200) i have had software problems. So I finally decided to concede and uninstall the software to start again as a plug and play installation. (its a USB connected printer). But..... when i go to remove programs in windows it gives the message Master An installation support file could not be installed The system cannot find the file specified Can anyone tell me what this means and how i might get rid of this bleeping software. I have tried the CCleaner system but this gives me the same message..... (I am running Windows XP Home SP2) I am very new at this sort of thing as you may have guessed...!!! //Mod edit: Spit away from old thread to receive current attention

A:Cannon Printer Software Removal

This appears to be a problem with this model of printer and WinXP SP2.See this article, it seems you need to get the updated driver, I couldn't find it from Cannon's website, there is a link to the driver on the bottom of this article. rule:Do not plug in printers when installing drivers until directed to during the install, unless instucted to before starting the install.A list of printer drivers that are included in Windows XP:;en-us;293360
Relevancy 40.85%

Will this black epson work to fill cannon inkjet printer cartridges?,158047.0.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all,

I'm in the hunt for a digital camera, nothing fancy but with performance quality. After extensive research I'm now down to 2 series:

Nikon CoolPix - 2100 or 3100
Cannon Powershot - a60 or a70

Which one of these 2 brands is the best choice in general?,
Which one of these 4 models in particular would you pick and why?

Your help is much appreciated.

A:Nikon CoolPix vs. Cannon Powershot

Of the ones you listed the Canon A70 is the best camera. Focus assist light and sound for memos and movies are just some of the features missing from the 3100. The A70 is a camera you can grow into a little more if you are interested in improving your skills.

But for the same price – just under $300 online – you can get a Minolta 414. All of the reviewers are saying it is an incredible deal right now. 4X optical zoom and 4Mp alone put it in the $400 category. It has an all metal body, excellent lens and more features than any of the cameras you listed. You might not ever need a 15 second exposure with noise reduction, but it is a great thing to have if you ever get interested in night shots. And if you are trying to nail a rugrat the continuous focus that focuses right up to shutter release rather than fix the focus as the release passes the halfway point will eliminate a lot of frustrations. You won’t understand what a great feature it is until you get something without it and find that your subject is blurred because they moved during the shutter delay. I have a 5Mp Oly that doesn’t have the continuous focus and absolutely hate taking images of anything in motion compared to using my other camera that has it. None of the cameras you listed have continuous focus.

Another feature I like on the Minolta is the B&W LCD on top of the camera. If your only way to get information is through the LCD you use more battery and can’t read it in bright sunlight. The cameras you listed are missing that. I had always taken it for granted, but my little camera without one is a constant irritation to me.

All of the cameras you listed and the 414 use CF cards and AA batteries. None come with a charger, so you will have to invest in a charger and at least one set of NiMH batteries. They also come with too small a card for normal use – as do all digitals. The good news is that CF cards are very reasonable lately. Get a good brand – they don’t cost much more.

It is a mistake IMO to select the Mp size based current use. Those photos are your memories and you want them in as high a quality as possible. You can’t anticipate future needs or whether you might get that great shot you want blown up to put on the wall. The 414 is bigger than the A70 but you get a larger color LCD and the very handy small LCD on top – not to mention more zoom and pixels plus better features. If the size makes a big difference to you go with the A70.
Relevancy 40.85%

i am having problems with call of duty, medal of honor and tribes2. They all install fine and but when i try to start them the give me the message that cannont load openGL. What is that and what can i do to fix it? i am thinking it is a graphics setting but how do i change it when i cant even get in the game? all other games work fine and i have never had any other problems with any other games. so any suggestions would be helpful.

my specs
amd 64 3200+
768 mb ram
nvidia mx/mx 400

A:COD and MOH and Tribes2 cannon load openGL how to fix?

woah, deja vu.
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a Canon i900d ink jet printer. All of a sudden it stopped printing. When I print, a page gets fed into the printer and it sounds like it as printing, but as the page comes out, it is blank. I checked the ink cartridges and they don't seem empty. I ran the nozzle check, head cleaning, deep head cleaning and it still does the same, just prints blank pages.

Any ideas of any other things I can try? Or how I can fix this ?

Relevancy 40.85%

Having trouble networking win7 network printer. I can find the printer on the network, the drivers are loaded but when I try to print i get 'printer is offline'. Network is setup as homegroup.

A:Printer Issue Cannon MP500

HI I chceked its not a network printer its a usb printer so you need to install the printer in a single system then share it from that mashine and Change your network to workgroup in all your mashine . Turn off firewall setting on that mashine on which your printer install
Relevancy 40.42%

I need to install drivers for a Cannon Imagerunner 2200 in a computer with Windows XP. The original drivers are not tagged to XP and won't install. I can't seem to find the right drivers on Cannon's website. Does anyone know where I can find them?

A:Cannon Imagerunner 2200 Drivers for Windows XP

Found these using a Google search ...
Relevancy 40.42%

it says no compatability . and it scans and prints but wont print off the computor and ive just renewed the ink cartriges

A:Help my cannon pixima mg2460 wont print

It sounds like it could be a driver issue. Canon (Australia) has a list of supported driver downloads which include Vista:
Relevancy 40.42%

How do you print photos from iphoto album using the Canon MP600? I can print directly from the memory card in my camera,but have not figured out how to do it from iphoto.
As usual the manual does not help!
Relevancy 40.42%

I bought this for photo printing at New Egg. I think it was on sale but even now its only $74, but the damn cartridges for it (5 of them) are like $75 total (about $15 each). I'd be better off to keep buying a new printer!

What are you guy using for photo printing?

Any ideas or sites for cheaper cartridges or a photo printer that does a good job with cheaper cartridges?

A:Ink Cartridges for Cannon Pixma ip 4200--man, are they expensive!!!
Relevancy 40.42%

My printer is on - cables are attached, I can print from my Dell computer but when try to print from my laptop (Dell Inspiron) with windows 10 it just keep saying printer is off line.

A:cannon mx960 offline on dell inspiron

Follow Karl1 suggestion in this thread... Usermessage edited by XpUser
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi guys I'm a computer noob ? xD ahhas
i have like 3 assignments due this week.. and i need
some help, something stuffed up with my printer
Cannon Pixma MP150

it worked fine before i changed the ink catridge
but turns out i replaced it with a PG30 rather than a PG40
so i go back to the shop and buy a PG40.. Put it in
then the photocopier works fine YAY but....
when i want to print something off my computer tehres an error on my computer
wich says "canno't communicate with printer"
and on my the printer theres a number "1" on the Display screen
anyway to fix this ?? i really do need to fix it ASAP

please help i know its kind of long thanks for reading
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I hope someone can help me. (if I have used the wrong forum could someone let me know where to post this question)

I have edited footage taken on our digital canon dvd camera on the roxio mydvd for canon software supplied with the camera. I have successfully burned dvds.

I have now gone back into the project and when opening some of the footage have received the following message:

The software that's used to decode the media is not avaliable on this system. Installing the correct decoders for the files you are working on may help to correct the problem. - 47001.
I have this problem with nearly all the projects i have and am at a loss as I have not deleted anything that relates to it. (as far as I am aware)

I have tried to uninstal and then instal the software. this di not help.

Any suggestions?
Relevancy 40.42%

Copying or printing from PC error5200 shows on the printer screen. I have tried unpluggingprinter from power source and uplugging from computer and replugging both, it does nothelp! I can not find the user guide to my printer and have no idea what to try next. Helpappreciated. Thanks!

A:how do I fix Error 5200 on Cannon MX330 printer

A wee trawl via the dreaded Google brought these: entirely moved by this M$ link but perhaps read/consider nonetheless? one is a little simpler than most of the above - but it may work? you read them through/watch the Youtube video and then see what works for you?I used the string/search words:canon mx330 error 5200and it brought all of the above; likely there are a few more that may shed light n the problem if the above ideas don't resolve it?
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi, Can someone please help. My Cannon Pixma MP220 printer worked fine on vista, however when I swapped over to windows 8 preview I cannot get it to work (no response at all).

I thought it would be a simple case of downloading a new driver from Cannon support but they do not list any drivers for windows 8 .
Has anyone come across this as well.
Thanks for any help. Dom

Try Vista or Windows 7 driver. That solved my problem with my IP4500...