Windows Support Forum

How do I output sound through my ASUS Motherboard?

Q: How do I output sound through my ASUS Motherboard?

I've been having a rather irritating problem with my NVIDIA graphics card. Ever since I installed the card, it has been outputting sound through the card instead of through my onboard audio. Since I do not want to purchase an HDMI to DVI cable to play sound through my monitor, I was wondering how to redirect the audio to play through my motherboard so I can hear sound again. I have tried resetting BIOS settings, reinstalling all drivers for sound card, motherboard, and gpu, and I have poked around 100's of forums, and tried everything. I'm even considering buying a different brand of card because this stupid thing has created so many problems.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How do I output sound through my ASUS Motherboard?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How do I output sound through my ASUS Motherboard?

Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar. Select playback devices and see if you have an option other than HDMI. I have 4 HDMI ports in addition to Speakers and "Speakers" is the default device on my machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-output-sound-through-my-asus-motherboard.198828/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello members of Seven Forums Well I upgraded my laptop's operating system from Windows XP Professional to Windows Ultimate on November The experience was great except for frequent slowdowns but I guess I'll get used to it Going to the query I use a VoIP software called quot Teamspeak quot I plugged in my microphone and speak The people in the channel I'm in told me that they cannot hear me properly So while fixing my microphone I decided to test the microphone settings from the Teamspeak's sound capture settings It's positive I can hear myself but it's very very low I twisted the microphone jack to see if that will fix it Sound Low on Experiencing Output ASUS (Very) A8He but nothing happens I then traced that Experiencing (Very) Low Sound Output on ASUS A8He it is using my laptop's in-built microphone Meaning the microphone jack Experiencing (Very) Low Sound Output on ASUS A8He is not working I tried to use Experiencing (Very) Low Sound Output on ASUS A8He other microphone but it's still the same So as an alternative I used a USB sound device and the microphone worked However I don't want to use a USB soundcard I tried to resolve this problem by searching for solutions through Google but I don't find any results of a similar problem So I decided to download the driver of the laptop's sound card from the OEM website However there are no drivers for Windows so I used the available driver for Windows Vista The driver installed successfully and the microphone works again HOWEVER the sound output playback is veeerrryyy low I maximized the volume from the volume control and the headphone's volume but it's still the same Since I was annoyed I uninstalled the driver and the sound was back to normal I'm not sure if this is called by the driver because it's a Windows Vista driver although I can say that this laptop is old years old It is still working though Quote TL DR When using the default quot High Definition Audio Device quot no driver installed Sound output is excellent Microphone jack does not work Uses the laptop's built-in microphone When ASUS' sound driver is installed although it's a Vista driver Sound output is very low Microphone jack is working input volume is good built-in microphone is used when a microphone is not plugged in Does anyone know any solutions I'm thinking about modifying the driver file so it will install only the microphone but is that even possible Looking forward for your response Thanks

A:Experiencing (Very) Low Sound Output on ASUS A8He

The Vista driver is compatible with Windows 7. Basically, Windows 7 is just "Vista improved". The "High Definition Audio Codec" is the generic, basic function, Windows installed driver.

You can only have one driver installed. Two drivers installed, even if it were only one function, would conflict.

What is the actual sound chip? e.g. Realtek ALC888, IDT, etc? Depending on what you have there may be an alternate driver.

If you have the ASUS driver installed, uninstall any other sound driver (not just disable it) to avoid conflicts.

On a different subject, you only list Malwarebytes as your Antivirus. That is not an Antivirus program, its just for malware/spyware. If this is the case you need to install an Antivirus program. The free Microsoft Security Essentials is a good Antivirus program.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/330339-experiencing-very-low-sound-output-asus-a8he.html
Relevancy 70.52%

So im in a bit of trouble here with my computer
I was mucking around with my wireless adapter and for some reason took it out and plugged it back in while the computer was still on, and the metal bracket where the antenna plugs into touched my motherboard which caused my computer to reset itself.
The adapter is fine but now my computer has lost the ability to output sound. Ive tried all the jacks with my speaker system, and also with a set of headphones but nothing works. The volume control still shows that sound should be playing but theres no output.

Is there anything i can do here or did i screw up something on my motherboard permanently?

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I have a really weird thing going on I have a asus PG D motherboard I m not sure if it s the pro or the normal version but when I compare the pictures of the two motherboards on the Asus website with what mine looks like it looks like a P GD Pro motherboard So when I click on the downloads part of the page dedicated to that motherboard I look for the sound drivers for the onboard sound and the latest ones are very old like But the name of the drivers is Realtek ALC Audio Driver V beta for Windows have do, upgrade motherboard, if don't Can't sound I onboard sound I with Asus a bit XP So to find the latest Can't upgrade onboard sound with a Asus motherboard, if I do, I don't have sound I go on the Realtek website and find the latest drivers for the ALC I uninstall the old ones version and install the new ones version Reboot And then I have no sound When I try to read a audio file it makes the program crash etc So it s really weird since Realtek just says that not getting the drivers from the manufacturer will only cause me to loose the special tools and gadgets from the manufacturer Asus here but that s not a problem I just want to upgrade the drivers Either it s Asus that messed up or I m not getting the correct ones from the website Another weird thing is that inside Everest a program to get infos on my PC and what s in it it says my sound card is a quot Intel FB ICH - High Definition Audio Controller B- quot Also if I look the audio drivers on the asus website for the P GD motherboard the normal not the quot Pro quot version it givres the same name for the audio chipset quot ALC quot so it wouldn t really matter I guess Also i m french so please excuse my english Also being french I tried a website that is quite reliable but in french that scans your PC to see what you have and tells you what drivers you need and where to get them I tried that for the onboard sound and I get the same result no sound If anyone can help that would be great nbsp

A:Can't upgrade onboard sound with a Asus motherboard, if I do, I don't have sound

So it's really weird, since Realtek just says that not getting the drivers from the manufacturer will only cause me to loose the special tools and gadgets from the manufacturer (Asus here), but that's not a problem, I just want to upgrade the drivers.Click to expand...

Just use the ASUS ones, its very unlikely that there have been any updates for years.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-upgrade-onboard-sound-with-a-asus-motherboard-if-i-do-i-dont-have-sound.155028/
Relevancy 66.65%

i bought a asus A8v-VM SE motherboard and from the internet specs its supposed to have a realtek card onboard it however the computer isn't finding it does anyone know why and where i can find a driver for said sound device

A:asus motherboard but where the sound

Have you tried the Asus website?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard-but-where-the-sound.572239/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a PC clone with a ASUS P4S800 motherboard with integrated sound. I have tried to load drivers from the motherboard CD to download SoundMax. In system's hardware devices under Sound, Video and game controllers there is: Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Capture devices, Media Control devices, SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio with a yellow exclamation mark and Standard game port and Video Codecs.

I have uninstalled the Soundmax three time and everytime I re-install I get the yellow ! in a triangle and a warning saying it is corupt.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks, Sparkknock

Relevancy 65.36%

Recently bought and installed a ASUS P5kpl-am EPU motherboard and it's all working dandy apart from the sound. I installed the drivers from the official asus website for the board which is the VIA Audio codecs and software and it detects both my microphone and headphones but neither will work. What should I do?

Thanks

A:ASUS Motherboard - Detects headphones but no sound

Quote: Originally Posted by Jordyi

Recently bought and installed a ASUS P5kpl-am EPU motherboard and it's all working dandy apart from the sound. I installed the drivers from the official asus website for the board which is the VIA Audio codecs and software and it detects both my microphone and headphones but neither will work. What should I do?

Thanks

Have you tried downloading directly from Realtek?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/146105-asus-motherboard-detects-headphones-but-no-sound.html
Relevancy 65.36%

HI OS Version Microsoft R Windows R XP Professional x Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM off a while Sound Trouble motherboard after switches Asus Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB E Total - MB F Total - MB G Total - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A -EM Rev X x MS C CBJAU My pc has audio output panels one in the front and other in the back recently the back one stopped functioning but the front audio panel after i play anything after soem secs the audio Asus motherboard Sound switches off after a while Trouble goes off then its static for a while before it goes completely off i have to restart but then again the audio is the same secs of whatever im playing then it goes off i had reinstalled windows i had windows xp oses running on diff harddisks the second one i reformatted so that now its only one I downloaded the correct realtek drivers re-installed it on system the HD audio shows all proper but the sound same again Sumone help me pls is a prob with my hardware with my cabinet or my motherboard or with my os but then another insteresting thing th efirst few days the audio lasted some - mins when ever a blast or loud noise comes the audio goes off HELP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard-sound-switches-off-after-a-while-trouble.967960/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a PC clone with a ASUS P4S800 motherboard with integrated sound. I have tried to load drivers from the motherboard CD to download SoundMax. In system's hardware devices under Sound, Video and game controllers there is: Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Capture devices, Media Control devices, SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio with a yellow exclamation mark and Standard game port and Video Codecs.

I have uninstalled the Soundmax three time and everytime I re-installed, I would get the yellow ! in a triangle and a warning saying it is corrupt.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks, Sparkknock

Relevancy 65.36%

Hello to everyone i just buy this motherboard, that i can not install the sound card right beacuse is not working under Windows XP Pro. with service pack 1 and the original drives from Hp.

I think this model is great how can I make or conected to my computer case i dont have the Manual,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p4sd-la-motherboard-sound-problem.318505/
Relevancy 64.5%

Edit pm Post Win7 64bit Sound: Asus Motherboard Realtek No is snap shots of all I have tinkered with or looked at You might be able to read this and skip to post Now back to the original message I have no sound My cpu is months old I have had extremely limited No Sound: Realtek Asus Motherboard Win7 64bit issues with the cpu since date of purchase I was watching a movie on Windows media player I never watched it before Windows Media Center crashed I rebooted and tried again WMC refused to play any videos or movies now My sound stopped working at this point Below is relevant information too much possibly It is almost as if the sound produced by 'software' has been muted blocked or turned off This No Sound: Realtek Asus Motherboard Win7 64bit cpu is the only media device in the home Windows media center crashed on about pm and we have been without sound since Please feel my pain The first categories might be the most relevant I am a No Sound: Realtek Asus Motherboard Win7 64bit computer noob Although I am a competent human What I have done Update drivers using the link for my ASUS motherboard I uninstalled drivers first Turned off and on Audio services - they are running Tried EVERY STINKING PORT why are there so many damn ports Verified speakers are turned on Checked in obvious locations for errors Checked devices Verified ALL wires are SNUG Restored to previous restore point Verified speakers are functional using MP player Cleaned cpu amp speakers Did my best to verify wires and stuff inside were working SPOKE with ASUS who said it was not the MoBo - said might be software CRIED SCREAMED KICKED Tried Realtek drivers Prayed Fiddled with the realtek HD audio manager settings - I do not understand many of them Changed play back quality filled sound turned effects off What is odd If I plug in a mic I can sing a tune through the speakers Windows Media Player will not run ANY DVDS or MP s However it will play streaming videos I captured from youtube If I use another player such as VLC or DIVx the movie plays perfect with NO SOUND When I attempt to play a test tone I receive the error quot Failed to play Test tone quot with the yellow exclamation point When I mute the speakers on off by pressing mute quickly I can hear that tiny click muffle you would expect to hear when you mute speakers The above must somehow be relevant no My computer is working WELL CEPT FOR DARN SOUND Realtek HD Manager Tower Speakers Checked Volume cranked Tried - all settings SOUND Speakers Realtek Hi Def Audio -Green Check Realtek nd Audio Headphones - Not Plugged in Nvidia HDMI - Not Plugged In Realtek Digitial OutPut Realtek Digital Audio - Ready MotherBoard Asus M n -d ASUSTeK Computer Inc System Information OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name DADDY-PC System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name System Type x -based PC Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD ASUS M N -D ACPI BIOS Revision SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Daddy-PC Administrator Time Zone US Eastern Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Component Services Windows Audio Started Automatic Local Service Windows Audio Endpoint Builder Started Automatic Local System Information I do not Understand but might be relevant Audio Codecs CODEC Manufacturer Description Status File Version Size Creation Date c windows system msg acm Microsoft Corporation OK C Windows system MSG ACM KB bytes PM c windows system imaadp acm Microsoft Corporation OK C Windows system IMAADP ACM KB bytes PM c windows system msgsm acm Microsoft Corporation OK C Wi... Read more

A:No Sound: Realtek Asus Motherboard Win7 64bit

Edit:
I was just told to try a repair install. Looking at the repair install info here I was told by the poster NOT to do this if a recovery did not work.
As I said I am so confident that something somewhere was deleted, removed, blocked, broke or corrupted with my internal software. This is not a hardware issue.

What are the important audio files that I should make sure still exist on my computer? In order for computers to play any audio files what .dll, .exe, .com files must exist in windows or on my computer? I want to verify they are there.

While I have been trouble shooting my issue I found this post:

Quote:
My Avast! program recognized Audiodg.exe as a malicious file and removed it. Since then, I have not been able to get sound on my system.
I have looked for a place to download and restore the Audiodg.exe file, but am unable to find it anywhere.
In my sound playback devices, when I try to 'test' my sound, I get an error "failed to play test tone". My audio drivers are all up to date."

This problem seems similar to mine as I had that Avast program and also recently found spyware. Is this something I should investigate - my computer deleting important audio files, these files becoming corrupt or accidental deletion of such files by me? If so which ones should I look for?

Even if I checked your solution I will check it again if you think I should. Even if you think it is not worth a mention - mention it!

I have cookies and sugar! All you need to do is stop by! I am in Indianapolis

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/57124-no-sound-realtek-asus-motherboard-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Solved: No motherboard channel/asus left on sound Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC P Z -V Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled I built this computer recently and I just hooked up a speaker system to it and I am getting no sound out of the left side I hooked up different sound systems and got the same results on both sets of speakers I have ran the Windows audio test and the onboard Realtek HD Audio Manager audio test and no sound is coming out of the left channel All drivers are updated and I guess you could say I m stuck Any suggestions would be a big help Music Solved: No sound on left channel/asus motherboard sounds pretty bad coming out of only side Thanks for taking the time to help nbsp

A:Solved: No sound on left channel/asus motherboard

Front panel, back panel, or both? If both, I'd suspect a hardware fault. If the motherboard is new, contact the seller or manufacturer and get an RMA to have it replaced.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sound-on-left-channel-asus-motherboard.1090559/
Relevancy 59.34%

GA- GPA-UD H rev GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM - GA- GPA-UD H rev Note Simultaneous Yamaha receiver sound HDMI - output output no Gigabyte to output for Gigabyte HDMI output to Yamaha receiver - no sound output DVI-D and HDMI is not Gigabyte HDMI output to Yamaha receiver - no sound output supported What I'm trying to do is output just my sound to the receiver via HDMI cable but still use the DVI to my monitor for video From the note above taken from the MB specs sounds like this is not possible This is new business to me and wondering Gigabyte HDMI output to Yamaha receiver - no sound output how others do this seems little information I can find I am ordering a HDMI to DVI cable so I can disconnect the DVI cable from the computer and instead run both video and sound through HDMI to the receiver then the video to the monitor Hoping this works If all fails then I am relegated to separate digital through S PDIF optical link to my receiver According to the experts this is less than ideal since now the multi-channel dolby and DTS signals can only be received via HDMI Wondering if I get a Blu-ray player for my computer how this is going to all work out Hoping that HDMI to DVI cable does the trick Anyone with experience with this kind of set-up and the aforementioned hardware greatly appreciated And Happy NEW YEAR

A:Gigabyte HDMI output to Yamaha receiver - no sound output

As you have a separate video card, its capabilities should determine how the video works, not the motherboard. The video is routed to the video card.

If you had some type of integrated Video on the motherboard then the motherboard's specs would apply. For example, I have an Intel i7 3770 CPU and this model has built in Intel HD4000 video which is routed to motherboard video connectors and thus the motherboard would determine how the video is distributed. However, I'm using a separate video card and thus that determines how video is distributed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/271681-gigabyte-hdmi-output-yamaha-receiver-no-sound-output.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello Just as a disclaimer this is the first time that I ve used this cite so I apologize in advance for any informalities or just overall dimwittedness So for starters I am even shows an No though to manager output sound headphones output Solved: - not a technologically illiterate person having been a computer user for the majority of my life My current set up is the Solved: No output to headphones - even though sound manager shows an output Levovo Y gaming laptop i ll include the specs below which is running windows So let me explain the situation to you I have an hdmi output to my monitor which is being used to transmit audio and video to my external speakers which are connected to the aux imput on my monitor So essentially i never both the intergrated speakers and touchscreen display on the laptop itself rather I use the audio output to my speakers and the video output to my monitor However Solved: No output to headphones - even though sound manager shows an output occasionally when I hop on skype or use spotify I feel the need to use my PC headphones which Solved: No output to headphones - even though sound manager shows an output are the razer kracken headset which has an integrated microphone and therefore is connected to one sole port on the laptop itself Basically when I choose to use the headphones as an audio output I go to the playback devices under sound management and change the default communications and default device to the newly-plugged in headphones which is listed under the playback devices as the standard quot SPEAKERS - REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE quot which I presume is the output for the laptop itself Previously upon changing these options the audio would then come out of the headphones as opposed to the speakers However in an attempt to clean my monitor today I merely unplugged the hdmi ac power cord and aux cord from the back of my monitor cleaned the device and plugged everything back into the monitor same as before Now however when I repeat the same steps listed above changing the sound options to the different default communications device and default device the playback devices lists the quot SPEAKERS - REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE quot as having a playback as indicated by the green volume bar differntiating itself however the sound does not come out in neither the speakers on the laptop itself the headphones or the external speakers connected to the monitor However when changing the playback device back to the alternative option the one used for output to my external speakers the output works just fine I m well aware that the issue is not my headphones they re still relatively new - months old and I have also tested this with two other headphones just to make sure Additionally I have researched alternative fixes to the problem such as going to computer management- gt services and applications- gt services- gt windows audio which seems to be the most frequently suggested course of action however this method of stopping starting and resetting the feature has still resulted in no change All of my computers drives are still up to date as I performed a recent windows update not before the issue arose however so that is likely not the issue and I have not downloaded any malicious programs on this computer If there was something that I missed that may be important in further explaining my problem feel free to let me know so that I might further elaborate and potentially help to find a resolution Thank everyone so much in advance as this is an issue which I would severely prefer to have roll over Lenovo Y s Specs although likely irrelevant to this discussion Intel i CPU HQ at GHz GeForce GTX M GPU GB RAM Windows OS TB HDD Internal GB SSD Internal ATTACHED PERIPHERALS Corsair K RGB Keyboard Two USB connections USB four-way splitter One USB connection Xbox Wireless Controller adapter One USB connection Razer Tiapan Wired mouse One USB connection Dell S L quot Monitor w HDMI VGA AUX and AC ... Read more

A:Solved: No output to headphones - even though sound manager shows an output

1 Welcome to Tech Support Guy
2 re your disclaimer - no need for any apologies, but your post is a little difficult to read, we would have been better with separation of the main points by paragraph spacing. However I think I have the situation
3. Lets start with the basic possible causes.
4. I do not know that monitor but the jack for the speakers is connected to the audio from HDMI input is it the 3.5mm just in case there is another jack socket
5. Please see screenshot and check levels
as if volume is right down there will of course be no sound
6. I cannot understand why the headphones are shown as the Realtek speakers they are I thought usually shown as second ouptut

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-output-to-headphones-even-though-sound-manager-shows-an-output.1146711/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello Just as a disclaimer this is the first time that I've used this cite so I apologize in advance for any informalities or just overall dimwittedness So for starters I am not a technologically illiterate person having been a computer user for the majority of my life My current set up is the Levovo Y gaming laptop i'll include the specs below which is running windows So let me explain the situation to you I have an hdmi output to my monitor which is being used to transmit audio and video to my external speakers which are connected to the aux imput on my monitor So essentially i never both the intergrated speakers and touchscreen display on the laptop itself rather I use the audio output to my speakers and the video output to my monitor However occasionally even output an output sound shows to though headphones No manager - when I hop on skype or use spotify I feel the need to use my PC headphones which are the razer kracken headset which has an integrated microphone No output to headphones - even though sound manager shows an output and therefore is connected to one sole port on the laptop itself Basically when I choose to use the headphones as an audio output I go to the playback devices under sound management and change the default communications and default device to the newly-plugged in headphones which is listed under the playback devices as the standard SPEAKERS - REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE which I presume is the output for the laptop itself Previously upon changing these options the audio would then come out of the headphones as opposed to the speakers However in an attempt to clean my monitor today I merely unplugged the hdmi ac power cord and aux cord from the back of my monitor cleaned the device and plugged everything back into the monitor same as before Now however when I repeat the same steps listed above changing the sound options to the different default communications device and default device the playback devices lists the SPEAKERS - REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE as having a playback as indicated by the green volume bar differntiating itself however the sound does not come out in neither the speakers on the laptop itself the headphones or the external speakers connected to the monitor However when changing the playback device back to the alternative option the one used for output to my external speakers the output works just fine I'm well aware that the issue is not my headphones they're still relatively new - months old and I have also tested this with two other headphones just to make sure Additionally I have researched alternative fixes to the problem such as going to computer management- gt services and applications- gt services- gt windows audio which seems to be the most frequently suggested course of action however this method of stopping starting and resetting the feature has still resulted in no change All of my computers drives are still up to date as I performed a recent windows update not before the issue arose however so that is likely not the issue and I have not downloaded any malicious programs on this computer If there was something that I missed that may be important in further explaining my problem feel free to let me know so that I might further elaborate and potentially help to find a resolution Thank everyone so much in advance as this is an issue which I would severely prefer to have roll over Lenovo Y 's Specs although likely irrelevant to this discussion Intel i CPU HQ at GHz GeForce GTX M GPU GB RAM Windows OS TB HDD Internal GB SSD Internal ATTACHED PERIPHERALS Corsair K RGB Keyboard Two USB connections USB four-way splitter One USB connection Xbox Wireless Controller adapter One USB connection Razer Tiapan Wired mouse One USB connection Dell S L Monitor w HDMI VGA AUX and AC outputs Logitech Z twin computer speakers connected to the aux input on the monitor HDMI splitter which is attached to the monitor I use my monitor for my PS PS my Y and other irrelevant thing... Read more

A:No output to headphones - even though sound manager shows an output

Welcome,
My speed in W8 is much less than my speed in W7 but I'm wondering what would happen if you were to do a cold boot with everything plugged in. In the past the system does an inventory of connected devices when it boots. Sometimes on a warm boot it reads the cached inventory. Maybe . . . .

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573488/no-output-to-headphones-even-though-sound-manager-shows-an-output/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am trying to reinstall xp sp Home edition on my older desk top computer as I wanted to upgrade the capacity of hard disk to GB and to eliminate various PC problems My old disk was only GB capacity Here are the specifications for my desk top Desktop is Mesh for which there is no support in the UK it ceased existing a long time ago in UK Mother Board Asus P R -VM Processor unit Intel Pentium chip IXP My old HD which I am replacing is PM - Maxtor Y PO GB capacity My new HD is Quickview Maxtor L PO GB capacity The installation reaches to the stage when it has to write the system files on to the hard disk and it fails The system BIOS recognises P4R800-VM Controller for Driver XP Re-installation Storage motherboard Mass Asus for motherboard the new disk as it is showing it as L PO in the BIOS I have gone through lots of forums and realise that mass storage device driver is not compatible with the new drive or is missing I have even tried to reinstall the system on to the old hard disk to see what happens but it still fails at the same place I do not have manufacturers disk of drivers for my desk top as it came only with recovery disk and no drivers disk I have found all the drivers chip set vga etc from Asus site but do Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation not know which driver is for mass storage Device there Or should it be from Intel site If so what the name would be Please help to get correct mass storage device driver on a floppy disk as I can only insert the driver in the installation process at RAID drivers insertion point I cannot clon old HD either as the drive is already formatted I was trying to reinstall the system first onto the old drive to correct the errors When that did not work I bought Quickview maxtor drive with higher capacity But still I cannot reinstall on the new drive I have an original XP SP Cd from another PC and I downloaded the installation programme on floppy disks from Microsoft site But even this combination does not install the system In this way the system tells me in the middle of the installation that the system cannot copy the file plugin ocx obviously this particular file is not available on the xp sp CD I have I don t know how to obtain it and from where In the end the system cann not copy the files on the hard drive and fails Sorry for the long post as I wanted to explain where I am at the moment in ths process Would be grateful for any advice in this matter nbsp

A:Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation

Almost a word for word copy & paste from THIS forum post made in 2014
@muckshifter the bus inspector should be along soon

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/mass-storage-controller-driver-for-asus-motherboard-p4r800-vm-motherboard-for-xp-re-installation.4069314/
Relevancy 53.32%

My M2N-SLI Deluxe motherboard has a built-in coaxial and TOSLINK S/PDIF audio out on it, but when I connect it to my 5.1 surround sound receiver it says PCM 48 and only does 2.1 audio. I have updated the SoundMax program for that audio system, but to no avail. I called ASUS technical support and the person I talked to said that I needed this, but I don't understand why, since I already have the ports on my motherboard, and that card adds them. I don't need to audio-out for each S/PDIF, but I just need 5.1 (or Dolby Digital) on the ones that I already have.

And I know this is not my receiver's problem, since it works properly on my Xbox 360's TOSLINK audio cable.

A:ASUS mobo S/PDIF output questions

The sound chip on the mainboard doesn't support Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect. In other words, it won't encode sound into a digital 5.1 stream.

You'll get DD/DTS 5.1 sound from DVD discs or other media that has the sound already encoded in that format, but not with games, for example.

One option could be something like AC3Filter, but I don't know how to use it (with games).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-s-pdif-output-questions.96261/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hii I recently bought a barebone and a few components to build my new PC however I cannot get any display output from the machine Here s how it is Processor fan spins green led on HDD s spin and CD - Asus Build Display Mystery New No Output Tray opens Ram Processor and New Asus Build - No Display Output Mystery Barebone have all been replaced New Asus Build - No Display Output Mystery at least once Machine has no speaker so I am unable to listen for beeps although I do plan on buying one soon I believe the bios is upto date which does support my processor rev g printed on mobo and on sticker I have tried onboard vga dvi and hdmi as well as a PCI graphics card along with several wires and monitors CMOS has been cleared several times And I HAVE connected the pin power plug I have also tried the setup with minimal components no HDD CD and no difference SPECS Processor AMD Athlon II X Barebone Asus V -M A E w psu Ram GB DDR Mhz x Note For a while the machine turned on but the front light did not and the processor fan span a little slow after lots of messing around both these issues now appear fine still no display output though Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am totally stumped Thanks Jay nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

hello im using windows 7 x64.

i have pluged a Graphic Card in my pc and it has a HDMI port and a VGA also.
But my monitor is VGA and i cant hear anything from Motherboards Audio Output device .
If i use MotherBoards VGA port i can hear from speakers.

when i use non board Graphic card no sound ,
tried to Change Playback Devices but its only 1 (Digital Audio HDMI)
I have installed/Uninstalled audio drivers ,still nothing...

please help

A:Motherboard output

Hi welcome to the forum

ok when you use the onboard vga sound works when using onboard in play back devices do the speakers show up? when you installed the graphics card which what graphic card did you put in? probably has an audio chip on the card. when the graphics card is installed go to bios and make sure audio is enabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/352070-motherboard-output.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

A few weeks ago my usb-ports and internet port stopped working suddenly, i solved this by using a usbhub connect to the front usb ports and i had to reinstall my internetport driver each time i started my pc.

Now since yesterday it became worse, now all the ports of my motherboard seem to stopped working, my front usbports are also down and even worse .. my dvi ports also stopped working so i can't even login to my pc anymore.

I tried resetting cmos by unplugging powercord and removing the battery ... but still nothing works ,i also tried resetting with the jumpers but also that didn't work Thx to this i'm in real bad situation as i need my files for school on this PC.

I would be so happy if my problem could be solved here.

thanks in advance,

A:Got no output from my motherboard at all, please help

Dont' know if this is hardware failure or not.

From an elevated command prompt type:

sfc /scannow

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/122054-got-no-output-my-motherboard-all-please-help.html
Relevancy 52.89%

It s the most suspicious sound output. card sound from coming Suspicious Solved: sound I ve ever heard It sounds exactly like fat felt tip marker making a quick check on paper It can also be compared to a rat sniff or a piece of paper being turned I wear headphones and can hear this noise occasionally for up to minutes It likes to happen at night when they are active humor me Because of the sneaky low volume discreet low down creepy stalky shifty Solved: Suspicious sound coming from sound card output. sound I am disposed to imagine that someone is looking through my files for credit information and they are unaware of these sounds from my sound card or they don t care about the sound because they are safe from being caught Sound like I m crazy Just paranoid I did say it makes me imagine The kind Solved: Suspicious sound coming from sound card output. of person I am is the same kind that will run system restore at a moment s notice for anything that looks suspicious or a NoScript violation Because that sound is clearly designed to resemble a sniffing rat doing something sneaky on my computer I tried to record the Solved: Suspicious sound coming from sound card output. output with Audacity but it had stopped before I had recorded anything My setup Windows XP Pro bit Service Pack Verizon High Speed Internet Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller LinkSys Router routing to a Windows laptop WPK-PSK TKIP Soundblaster Live Avast SUPERAntiSpyware NoScript Mozilla FireFox nbsp

A:Solved: Suspicious sound coming from sound card output.

It was that Windows XP search dog. When you ctrl + f to open the search side bar in a window there is an animated dog that seems innocuous. Every 15 minutes or so it will scratch itself and make that noise twice. As long as that search side bar is open, minimized or not, that noise will persist.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-suspicious-sound-coming-from-sound-card-output.1024638/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am getting a laptop. Right now I am deciding between regular "High Definition Audio 2.0" and a "ExpressCard Sound Blaster X-Fi Laptop Sound Card with Wireless Receiver Bundle". The latter is 134 dollars more. Would the latter make the output of sound better on external speakers. Say if you're a DJ, and you use the laptop, would the sound coming out of the speakers at those high volumes be much better if you have the better soundcard? Or does it not have any effect on the output sounds? Thanks!

A:Do Sound Cards Effect The Output of Sound To External Speakers?

It affects the external output even more than the one from the integrated speakers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-sound-cards-effect-the-output-of-sound-to-external-speakers.840289/
Relevancy 52.46%

I HAVE Asus M4N68T-M I AM USING WINDOWS 7 I AM NOT GETTING SOUND I HAVE DONE EVERY TROUBLE I AM UNABLE TO FIND PROBLEM CAN SOME ONE HELP ME I HAVE UPLOAD PROBLEM PICS ON PHOTO BUCKET No Audio Output Device Is Installed Photos by azheruddin | Photobucket

A:Asus M4N68T-M NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED

When you instaled, did you install the ASUS motherboard chipset drivers and then the ASUS sound driver? If not, give that a try.

Also, is the sound enabled in the BIOS? check that first before installing the motherboard chipset drivers and the ASUS sound driver. That may be the problem as Windows, during the install, if the sound module is detected will at least install the generic, basic function, HD Audio Codec and from what I see that was not installed.

What is the model number of the ASUS motherboard? That would help, too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/287894-asus-m4n68t-m-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Title says it all. I need to wait at least five minutes to be able to hear anything on my laptop.. I can't hear songs nor play videos..

Help would really be appreciated.

A:No sound on start-up, Win8 needs time to output sound

For start up sound go to personalize>sounds>at bottom of box place a check for "Play Windows Startup sound. With a laptop you probably are using realtek HD sound driver... you could look in task manager and see if it is turned on at startup, also in event viewer>windows logs>system and look at the time when you booted and see if there are any audio errors.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/58799-no-sound-start-up-win8-needs-time-output-sound.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I get sound from the mic of course.but I would like to get sound straight from the sound card too when I want to.I don't know exact model,but it's a realtek HD on board sound card.Acer 5551 series laptop

A:How can I get sound output from sound card when streaming video?

Hello green,

You get sound from your microphone? I don't think I am understanding. Sound should come from your sound card. You plug the speakers into the back of the computer and into the sound card (green jack). The mic receives sound. My mic is USB so it doesn't use any jack other than the USB port, but if you use the sound card, it goes into the purple jack

Do you have the audio driver installed? This should be right: http://support.acer.com/product/defa...x?modelId=2192

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/205126-how-can-i-get-sound-output-sound-card-when-streaming-video.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey im getting into PC's building. My friend gave me a older computer he had lying around (without a CPU or heatsink). Just wanted to know if i could assess the bios without having the CPU in the motherboard. It does have a GPU built on the motherboard. It powers on and all the components start working but still doesn't output. Didn't know if there was a trick I didn't know about.

Thanks for your time.

A:Can my motherboard output video without its cpu

I wouldn't think that it would, but I'm not an expert at this.
I"d suggest asking over in the Internal Hardware forums:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/ 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615979/can-my-motherboard-output-video-without-its-cpu/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a pentium 4 asus motherboard sis661fx running windows xp and it outputs no signal to monitor or the usb mouse. When you turn it on it goes through the internal check of drives etc but does register keyboard or mouse and if you plug in a usb mouse it flashes for a second then goes out. It has a geoforce 4000 video card which I have taken out and reinserted without any change to situation as far as i can work out it may have started when I attempted to upgrade ram from 256mb to 1GB upsetting the system some how?
I checked the sis website for correct ram and other info about the system but I am at a loss as to what I have done and how to fix it
so I would appreciate any help.

Relevancy 52.46%

hi, i have got a motherboard( not sure what kind it is) and basically i have no video output from it. i have tried resetting the BIOS several times and used 2 monitors(one of which i know definitely works)

what might be up? what would i do?

much help would be appreciated, please if you can help then reply because sorry to sound over-exaggerating but it is quite urgent.

many thanks

4ndr3wk

Relevancy 52.46%

PC Asus CG the old motherboard that won't output video motherboard it came with didn t output any video-nor through the computer s graphics card Nvidia GT or the onboard video I just ordered a new motherboard That s not outputting video either here s a list of quot motherboard won't output video symptoms quot details was using HDMI VGA dual output for a quot HP monitor and a Vizio TV tested both the monitor and tv with different computers-worked tested the new mobo with a completely different monitor-no luck Computer boots up and the restarts no beeping I tried removing the RAM but it doesn t make a sound acknowledge anything tried pulling mobo battery for seconds didn t change normally computer would shut down if power button is hit soon after turning on This doesn t happen I have to hold it down for - seconds for it to shut down tried a different power supply If anyone has any advice I would really really appreciate it nbsp

A:motherboard won't output video

OEM PC's (ie: Dell, HP, etc.) require a power supply upgrade for addon video card usage. Size will depend upon your hardware specs. Min size would be 550W. And quality is more important than size. Corsair or Seasonic.

The reboots would seem to indicate a power issue (ie: low power output).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-wont-output-video.1002106/
Relevancy 52.46%

Has anyone connected an S/PDIF optical output from their computer to their home stereo receiver? If so, what kind of receiver do you have and what type of cable do you use?

Thanks!

A:S/PDIF output on motherboard

Optical cable from wal-mart $19.99
Harmon Kardon

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/s-pdif-output-on-motherboard.245169/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have bought Intel 630 Pentium 4 HT 2Mb L2 800MHz LGA775 prescott Processor, Kingstone 512 MB 400Mhz Ram, 40 Gb Seagate baracoda 7200RPM HDD, MSI 6600Gt NX6600Gt TD128E SLI pci-e. I have selected ASUS Motherboard P5RD1-V http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P5RD1-V&langs=01

I want to ask that does this mobo support EM64bit tecnology? Does this mobo support all my purchased items?

I have one more option
Buy ASUS P5RD1-V or Intel D915GAV ?
Intel Motherboard D915GAV http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/av/index.htm

Does D915GAV support both EM64T and Enhanced Intel speedstep technology?

A:Does ASUS P5RD1-V support EM64T? Buy ASUS P5RD1-V OR Intel D915GAV Motherboard?

Hmmm?

I'm not too sure about mixing up the nVidia cards in sli with
the ATIŪRADEON XPRESS 200
ULIŪM1573
I would research this board further.

The IntelŪ Desktop Board D915GAV on the other hand
seems to have what you've asked for:
EM64bit and sli and the Enhanced Intel speedstep...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-asus-p5rd1-v-support-em64t-buy-asus-p5rd1-v-or-intel-d915gav-motherboard.32360/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all. Just got a new computer. Vista 64, Asus Mobo p5q-e with soundmax. Trying to use digital output to my Sony reciever... no sound. I get sound using line out to R&L on receiver and have tested receiver digital in to make sure it works.

I downloaded latest Asus Soundmax drivers as well.

I set it as default as well.

Under windows/control panel/sound, it shows as stereo, no sound output with test.

I downloaded and installed vista codec (32 and 64), not that I thought it would help...lol

Anyone have this problem or have any suggestions?

Somersjr

A:Asus p5q-e mobo, vista64, soundmax, no digital output to receiver

hey..i also got new p5qe motherboard having the same issues...it just showin 2 speakers no digital output i am getting....plz help...if resolved

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/201655-asus-p5q-e-mobo-vista64-soundmax-no-digital-output-receiver.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Ok breakdown of the issue Moved in June my tower sat in the garage until Friday I opened the case and cleaned out the dust during this I removed the cpu heatsink and fan assembly as it was basically caked in dust making the fan useless Cleaned the old heat issue? output. No video Possible motherboard paste No video output. Possible motherboard issue? off the cpu and heatsink with isopropyl alcohol applied new paste electrically non conductive popped all the cards nvidia graphics soundblaster xfi ddr ram and a modem of some type The cpu heat sink fan also did not spin up in the nearby socket so I had to run the line to an auxiliary case fan jumper to get it running Let it all settle plugged it in and spun it up unfortunately it only stayed on for a minute no video Swapped out a known good hdd and a known good video card from an older machine still nvidia still running xp still no video output No video output. Possible motherboard issue? I ve checked the seating of the cards all good but along the way I found a new symptom No power comes from any of the usb ports I think its a shorted mother board but before I drop the cash and order one I d like a second opinion from someone more knowlegeable than I in the subject of computers I appreciate any and all input on the subject Brandonha nbsp

A:No video output. Possible motherboard issue?

The CPU heatsink fan should be connected to the CPU power connector on the motherboard. It should be labeled as such. If the motherboard doesn't detect the CPU fan connected to that connector, I believe it is supposed to shut down to avoid damage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-output-possible-motherboard-issue.151404/
Relevancy 51.17%

No video output on iGPU or GPU on Desktop. Motherboard not posting. GPU fan spins at 100%. I've tried removing all RAM sticks and tried each one by itself. I've removed all hard drives. I've reset GPU and tried without GPU. I feel like I've tried everything at this point. It's a new power supply. I've tried two other power supplies as well.

I can't get Dual BIOS to kick in, either (no switch on this board so I have to use the power cycling trick).

Gigabyte Z77MX-D3H
i7 3570k
AMD 6950 2GB
Silverstone 500W Strider PSU

A:No video output from motherboard/gpu. Gigabyte Z77MX-D3H

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Based purely on your description, it sounds like the motherboard has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-video-output-from-motherboard-gpu-gigabyte-z77mx-d3h.1156532/
Relevancy 50.74%

I No motherboard. disabling on driver Display output after video was having trouble installing the driver for a new graphics card so I deactivated the On-board Intel video driver System rebooted fine immediately after doing this and had the basic safe mode graphics display but still could not get the new driver to be recognized so as a desperate act of stupidity I deleted the On-board driver Now there is no video output what so ever nothing at all during boot even so finding it hard to repair windows or reinstall onboard video driver I have the original motherboard disks I ve tried safemode approach and also the quot wait till fully booted then using windows U to get the vocal screen reader but no approuches have worked I ve of course tried booting with windows disc motherboard disc and new video card driver disc Also tried different monitors and all the output plugs at back also tried taking graphics card out etc Any advice would be much appreciated Cheers Adam nbsp

A:No Display output after disabling video driver on motherboard.

Welcome to TSG.
If you didn't previously told the computer to have dual display, meaning allowing an external monitor, it will be hard to do anything and you might have to install everything from the original disks, unless you have some kind of a networking already set up on that computer and you could access your files from the network to save your files

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-display-output-after-disabling-video-driver-on-motherboard.980116/
Relevancy 50.74%

Morning Evening Afternoon Who ever reads this I ve got a problem quot obviously quot I just got my hands onto a New Computer Output Problem] 970 AsRock Motherboard Pro3 R2.0 No [Audio something around a Week Ago it s meeting all my standarts for the Price But [Audio Problem] AsRock 970 Pro3 R2.0 Motherboard No Output My problem is that it seemingly doesn t output any sound The Motherboard comes with the Realtek High Definiton Audio Codec I ve got a Logitech G Headset which is basicly a quot plug and play quot headset which doesn t need any drivers to work Yes the headset does Function on other devices but when I plug it in either the front jacks or the ones in the back no audio is running through The Audio Manager showes that sound is running through the actuall device front or back jacks when for example I play a Video Song or Audio Test but nothing is coming out on my End I ve tried reinstalling the Realtek HD Driver from the Webside from the Disk that comes with the AsRock Motherboard and from Windows itself nothing worked Suprisingly it plays sound when i plug an LCD TV to it then it does seem to send the actuall audio through I m pretty much helpless and out-of-ideas by now Before any Responses fly in Yes I ve checked if everything is correctly plugged in inside the computer Thanks for every Helpful Soul that comes by in the Future Have a Good One nbsp

A:[Audio Problem] AsRock 970 Pro3 R2.0 Motherboard No Output

I just got my hands onto a New Computer something around a Week Ago, it's meeting all my standarts for the Price. But My problem is that it seemingly doesn't output any sound.Click to expand...

as a new machine without audio and all thats been tried to resolve the issue, i'd be thinking of getting in touch with the vendor and manufacturer.

audio should be available whether the machine required driver updates or not. but some obvious changes can sometimes be overlooked. also, sound would be emitted without a headset.

retracing the obvious to see if any setting has been inadvertently toggled. go to control panel and go through the menu settings to see if mute has been checked and keep the music playing so it will alert you if anything changes. go into windows sound settings and select default output as speakers

could try looking to see if your audio is enabled in Bios. make sure you have Realtek as your main audio device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-problem-asrock-970-pro3-r2-0-motherboard-no-output.1171701/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a motherboard that will boot into windows (I memorized how to get to notepad and print) and did that test and it prints, but I can't see anything on the monitor. I have tried different video cards and monitors but for whatever reason this board won't initialize video, no video card, ISA, PCI or AGP sends video to the monitor. I have tried different PSU's, ram and cpus but all end up with the same result unit beeps accesses the floppy and starts booting without video.

I'm not sure what the problem is, for now I'm declaring this thing dead unless something amazing happens. Any ideas? I think this must be a bios issue but I'm not sure if changing it would help, what kind of hardware failure could cause this? It would have to be VERY specific.

Cheers

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Firstly thanks for the forums and support I ve used this forum before searching problems finding solutions But alas this is the first time I ve not been able sound Sound Asus onboard MoBo - Solved: No to rectify my issue after searching on the forums My Spec AMD Phenom Quad core Asus m a deluxe GB ddr Corsair Dominator RAM nVidia GFX card Windows There is no sound coming from my computer There once was sound but the computer was dormant for months and I replaced the Power Supply and now there is no sound I Solved: No Sound - Asus MoBo onboard sound ve tried uninstalling reinstalling updating all Solved: No Sound - Asus MoBo onboard sound drivers I ve tried configuring my audio devices Currently there are listed Speakers RealTex HD Audio nd Output Digital Output RCA Optical and RealTek Digital Output When I play sound levels are shown going up and down indicating that the audio devices are aware of the sound but no matter what speakers I plug in I still don t get sound I ve tried different outputs of which were headphones all of which didn t work I have also tried accessing my PC remotely from my iPad through SplashTop which plays the sounds from the PC weirdly I don t know what to try now and would appreciate any help or input Thanks seikooc nbsp

A:Solved: No Sound - Asus MoBo onboard sound

I'd suspect a faulty audio chipset. The hardware being recognized and the drivers installing aren't an indication that the hardware is actually functional.

With that being said, try a different version of the RealTek drivers. Try using the latest version available from Asus. If those don't work, try the latest version directly from RealTek.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sound-asus-mobo-onboard-sound.1016075/
Relevancy 48.59%

i m using ASUS P4V533-MX motherboard.i want to know that is there hotkey on the startup(starting computer) to select the hard drives to boot the operating systems, without entering in the bios settings.
like i had intel D84GEBV2 motherboard and i used F10 key to access the option to boot form the available drives.

A:Help Regarding ASUS(motherboard)

F8 is what I think you are looking for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-regarding-asus-motherboard.334361/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a mesh pc withe above motherboard and running windows xp home. the pc crashed with a blue screen telling me it had shut down to prevent damage to my pc. i concluded that my problem was my hard drive so I bought a new one. while removing the old one I inadvertently pulled soma wires off the pins at the bottom rh side of the some next to the pc speaker connection. I have a green/white wire, the green is marked with a + and the white a - these are separate connectors. I cannot see where these should be connected. the other are two wires on one connector.orange and white, blue/white, and two grey wires. some have names where they should go but should they be connected horizontally or vertical.
Any help would be appreciated

Ian Matthews

A:asus a8n-e motherboard

ASUS_a8n-e Scroll to page 45, "System Panel Connector" I think that this is what your talking about.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-a8n-e-motherboard.572921/
Relevancy 48.59%

is there a better..

motherboard rather than asus? just curious...

A:is there a better motherboard than asus?

It's all a matter of opinion, there is no "better" motherboard. One company's board has several great features and other less great features, missing features etc that other companys board might make up for but yet have it's own flaws also.

You just have to figure out which board has the features that you need and can take advantage of for, also considering the price, compatibility, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-a-better-motherboard-than-asus.8852/
Relevancy 48.59%

Does anyone use the Asus P3C-E motherboard? Good, Bad, Other
wise? Need your comments, please Thanks

A:Asus Motherboard

There are plenty of reviews out there....Look it up on google.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard.62057/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Hoping you can help Bios Info Version Pentium R Duo Core CPU E s GHz Motherboard ASUS P Q SE Samsung SATA Madel HD LJ g I kept receiving Activation PopUps and MicroSoft set me up with a custom reload when no activation numbers showed Having the OldWindows ASUS P5Q SE Motherboard before and not liking the set up I decided to wipe the Sata and start fresh Spotmau is a program that I have used many times when I would like a harddrive cleaned -always thinking that a cleaned disc would be better than just writing over the top of the old Thing is I ve only ever used Spotmau in XP with No problems - Not Vista I used an old computer Motherboard ASUS P5Q SE just freshly loaded with XP and wiped the data and formatted the drive Not only did it wipe the hard drive but when I went to load Vista I found No Bios Receiving one long beep and short beeps I clearded the COSMOS and the Bios returned But when I went to load Vista it looks like the Drivers for SATA have been wiped as well I changed the Bios Boot loading around - cd drives - SATA Hardrive - No difference The message that I received - I did not write it down - but it mentioned No SATA Drives and asked for a floppy I have the floppy BUT no floppy drive I tried the mother board disc with No success I downloaded the SATA drives from the internet but when trying to reload Vista it doesn t seem to register them Thinking that the drives would be on the MoBo disc seems to say that it s not the SATA drives it relly wants The message I m receiving now when trying to load Visata is quot Windows cannot be installed to the hard disk space The partion contains one or more dynamic volumes that are not supported for installation quot I formatted the disc again - just incase - No luck When starting with just the Motherboard disc I receive the message quot Welcome to ASUS Motherboard Make A Disc Fort DOS Menu That s ALL I get from the MoBo disc And when trying to load The Vista OS I get to just after adding my activation code for the th time and it asks for the drivers Go through all the drivers on the disc as well as the MoBo disc and try the downloaded sata drives ALL again and the only message I get is quot Windows cannot be installed to the hard disk space The partion contains one or more dynamic volumes that are not supported for installation quot Any ideas I m just about pulling my hair out Hope to hera from you soon Thanks heaps Louise nbsp

A:Motherboard ASUS P5Q SE

OK.... So I found out that it's the motherboard... I tried a IDE harddrive with XP and.... NOTHING !! AARRGG !!

Goes through the BIOS fine... then just a blank screen...

I tried the XP disc... nothing

I tried a bootable disc... nothing

Just a blank black screen with a cursor flashing up top....

Can anyone help?

Do you think it's salvageable???

Louise

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-asus-p5q-se.142017/
Relevancy 48.59%

What's the BEST ASUS motherboard available for P4 3.4Ghz?

I've been looking at the Asus P4C800 Deluxe; it allows RAID to be used so that's a definite plus.

Thanks guys,

Hamster.

A:BEST ASUS Motherboard

the P4C800 is a nice board, i would get this if i were building an intel system, but im an amd guy so its all about the A7N8X-E for me. get the P4C800, its will be top end for a while, but its costly. if money is the problem, find a board with the i865PE chipset or equivalent. the IT7-MAX3 is an abit board that is also high end. i think its the IT7, but its the only MAX3 board abit has, take a looksie, because asus board tend to be more expensive, so shop around.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-asus-motherboard.12116/
Relevancy 48.59%

I sent my ASUS P5LD2 motherboard to ASUS for repair. This is what they said was wrong "bios error due to image crashed, relashed the bios and unit checked out fine. Can anyone tell me what this means?

A:ASUS Motherboard

ReFlashed the bios.
They have updated the BIOS firmware on the computer

Here's ALL your drivers (unknown OS at the moment)
And here's the current BIOS
Version 1903
Support new CPUs.
File Size 433.28 (KBytes)

or

Version 1904 2008/01/07 update
Description P5LD2 Latest Beta BIOS
File Size 433.37 (KBytes)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard.98299/
Relevancy 48.59%

how many vga on board asus p5gl-mx, p5s800 sis 661
plz answer emergently!

A:MOTHERBOARD asus

Why don't you look for yourself ?
Asus p5gl-mx
Asus p5s800

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-asus.43006/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a ASUS M A Motherboard I now have motherboard help M3A Asus a BIG problem that I need some advice on Surrounding the white CPU AMD Athlon socket is a black support ring screwed into the motherboard that the CPU fan heat-sink attaches to The metal clips on the fan heat-sink fit on Asus M3A motherboard help small tabs on the edge of the black ring to hold it down The black ring is plastic And because of this one of the plastic quot tabs quot that the metal CPU fan heat-sink clips onto broke off Because of this I can t hook clip the heat-sink to this support Asus M3A motherboard help ring I am trying to use epoxy to glue the tab back on but do not know if this will hold I contacted ASUS and they said the MB is not in stock anymore Does anyone know if I can just replace this black support ring I really don t want to replace the motherboard All I need is the small black ring that supports the heat-sink fan over the CPU Would anyone have this board and does not need this part I am up the creak without a paddle guys Any help Scott nbsp

A:Asus M3A motherboard help

Never mind.. found one here:

Never mind.. found one here: http://www.heatsinkfactory.com/retention-hardware.html :grinthumb:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m3a-motherboard-help.172728/
Relevancy 48.59%

Which is better Asus P4B-266, P4B-266-C, P4B-266-E, P4B-266-M, or P4B-266-SE? Which one has the most features?

best I can do is link you to a review, seems they liked it
http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardware/p4b266/default.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard.72566/
Relevancy 48.59%

I just purchased a new asus p4t motherboard and P4 1.4 GHz cpu. i just can't figrue out how to set the clock and multiplier dip switches. asus is no help. the cpu says 400 MHz FSB, but i really don't know what that means

i can choose from 100 to 150 on core speed and multi form 6.0 to 18.0. should i chose 100 with a 14 multiplier to get my 1.4 GHz?

Please Help with settings.

bill

A:asus P4T motherboard

100 x 14 is default

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p4t-motherboard.45623/
Relevancy 48.59%

hey guys, i just re-installed Windows XP SP3 on this machine running the A8N-E and i can't find the LAN driver or the general drivers anywhere. i came across this: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us but it doesn't have the full drivers or anything for the LAN to work.

i know there are sites out there that have the drivers, but these seem dodgy or illegimate with viruses. are there decent sites out there?

thanks

A:ASUS A8N-E Motherboard

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=DzbA8hgqchMBOVRz&templete=2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-a8n-e-motherboard.936752/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey First of all I would like to thank brindle for your help with the first problem I had I dl d the everest program and it worked great gave me all the info I was needing And help Getting my asus with motherboard I Getting help with my asus motherboard didn t know how to post the message to the thread here for others to see I m still a newbie to this forum thread thing and still trying to learn how to use Getting help with my asus motherboard it So please be patient with me Ok here is my situation I have found I have the asus P L -S motherboard With a Pentium II processor and LX AGPset I have all the specs I needed to get help but the asus website is not helping me I got this computer from a yard sale don t laugh its newer then the one I had And it was built by someone not a company I didn t get any manuals or install cds for the motherboard and graphics card and that is what I am needing in order to fix the bios and scsi things going on with this And I don t know what a socket is in reference to I see some of you know what it is and how to figure out what the number is for motherboards If I knew that maybe I could dl the bios and stuff I am needing to get the motherboard set up right any suggestions will be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I am trying to find out where the power switch wire , speaker wire, reset wire from the case connect to the ASUS 450/2 mhz motherboard. It may be a ASUS 800mhz motherboard--not sure--can not power it up--LOL. I am trying to build a computer from all my spare parts for a friend of mines little 5 year old to play his games on. There is a 20 pin (2 rows of 10) and behind it an row of 7 pins in the upper left corner of motherboard if the power supply connection is at the bottom of the board. The only markings on the motherboard is the name ASUS PSA

A:ASUS 450/2 motherboard

try http://www.elhvb.com/mobokive/archive/Asus/sock7/ali/p5a/p5a-106.pdf
will be similiar hopefully

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-450-2-motherboard.962129/
Relevancy 48.59%

ANYONE out there who has built a PC designed specifically for Home Media usage EG: movies, photos, etc ( not gaming) using a ASUS Intel motherboard 775, CPU E8400, P35, XP PRO, as I'm unsure which board might be the best all rounder.

thanks.

A:asus motherboard

Have you chosen the computer case you are going to use yet?

For a home media PC, the one defining factor is available "space". (meaning how large of a computer case are you going to use?)

A smaller case may limit you a Micro ATX or smaller MB, low-profile video/audio card or integrated video/audio, low profile CPU heatsink/fan, etc. A smaller case will also mean a lower power PSU which may also limit your choice of other parts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard.759096/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi, my partner has a m2ns/nvm/s motherboard and for some reason has lost the disk... obviously he didnt tell me this before formatting, i was wondering if anybody knew where to download the drivers for it, i have tried several myself, but they arnt correct, thanks.

mobo: m2ns/nvm/s (he needs, all the drivers)

A:asus motherboard

Asus support site?

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard.831589/
Relevancy 48.59%

Recently I purchased a Asus H-81 gamer and married it to 2x4 gb Cosair modules, a Celeron G1840 processor and a Seagate 500 gb SATA III Hdd and when Itried to load the XP system the computer said that the HDD was corrupted. what am I doing wrong, and how do I fix it??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard.1158299/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hopeing someone can help
Built my first box with above motherboard and found supplied cd not compatible with vista business 32bit. Searched ASUS website. Found that they have a listing for Vista. Dowloaded and installed. Everything working except for "device driver not installed" for simple PCI controller. Searched for more drivers but can't find one. Anyone else had same problem or can anyone suggest a solution. When I try to update the driver, vista cannot find a driver on the web, installation cd, or the folder that I have downloaded the new software too!!

Thanks

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I happened to have an old motherboard lying around, so I decided to make a computer out of it. The problem that arose was that I attached a 12v molex connector to two wires with another connector which leads to these pins that usually you would attach the case power and HDD Light and Power Light. When I did this I booted up and the board would not start. I know I did something wrong, that I fed it 12v, and possibly might have fired it. Any clue to how I could get it running again???

Here is the .pdf for the motherboard manual http://www.solorb.com/gsale/p2bf-103.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p2b-f-motherboard.66520/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,
Can anyone tell me whether the ASUS motherboard P4GL-MX based on Intel 845 GL chipset support Intel Celeron 1.7 GHz?

The company's web-page http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P4BGL-MX&langs=01
talks only about it supporting the Intel Pentium 4 with 256/512 KB L2 cache so i wondered whether it would support a Celeron with 128 KB L2 cache.

Thank you.

A:Regarding an ASUS motherboard

Yippers, it does support it.

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/regarding-an-asus-motherboard.159285/
Relevancy 48.59%

i just bought this motherboard from a a friend of mine, he does not remember when took the board out, what the sequence of the power led, power sw, reset sw, and the speaker leads went. this k7m is not the same like the others. everthing is different. what can i do. i need a little help if someone can help thank you.

Relevancy 48.59%

I just installed the ASUS board.
I'm getting an "i" in device manager for:
1) Ethernet Controller
2) PCI Simple Communications Controller
3) Unknown device

I have the DVD, but NOT sure where or if the drivers reside on this disk as No
Table of Contents is provides only directories with "obsure" names.
Windows Update cannot find a driver for the above.

Any help appreciated.

A:ASUS Motherboard H97 Plus

Hi Drivers are in the Link below ...
Motherboard - H97-PLUS - ASUS

Install the Lan Driver and the Chipset

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/354738-asus-motherboard-h97-plus.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys help motherboard ASUS I built my computer and I ASUS motherboard help ve always had a little trouble with it but today it just stopped working I turn it on and the fans start and the lights come on and all that good stuff but nothing happens Normally a voice comes on and tells me that quot system failed VGA test quot or quot system failed memory test quot and then I go and check on those things Now when I start it up I don t get a voice and the computer just runs but nothing happens I ve tried taking out the RAM and starting it up because normally it will just shut itself off if there s no RAM but not anymore I ve taken out the video card the RAM the HD and all three at the same time but the computer keeps on running instead of just shutting itself off or giving me an error message I know I have an ASUS motherboard but I don t know the exact model I can probably find out if that helps So any ideas on what s wrong I d really rather not pay some guy to fix my year old computer Thanks a bunch nbsp

A:ASUS motherboard help

It could be a motherboard problem. If it has told you that it failed both a VGA test and a RAM test, you can assume that it is not those components at fault. Do you have another motherboard to test in it?

You might also try testing the power supply, but I doubt that is the culprit.

Lastly, welcome to TechSpot! :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard-help.71577/
Relevancy 48.59%

Put in new Asus motherboard with Athlon Xp processor The hard drive I have was already loaded with Windows XP and worked perfectly with old motherboard and processor The new system Asus in new Put motherboard will not recognize the hard drive It will see it in Put in new Asus motherboard cmos but will not allow access to it Even if I try to boot from Windows XP cd it will go only as far as it begins to copy to hard drive and then it freezes up When I try to boot from the hard drive the system tries and then simply reboots comes up to the screen where it wants you to choose whether to start windows normally or safe mode Whatever option is chosen it tries and then automatically reboots back to the same screen What am I missing HW System Type Desktop Tower Operating System Windows XP Processor Type AMD Ammount of RAM MB Hard Drive Capacity GB Video Card Manufacturer ATI Internet Connection Speed k Monitor Size quot Printer Manufacturer Cannon Printer Type Ink Jet CD-ROM x Scanner Network Card Mbps nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi everyone.Could anyone point me in the direction of a diagram of an Asus P4S800 motherboard as I need to reinstall front USB and powerbutton wires from front of computer box to circuit board.

Long story of how they became diconnected.

p.s we have mislaid our manual.

Thanks.
Darren.

A:Asus Motherboard help

Asus has a pretty good site, and these files are easy to find:
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?modelname=P4S800&SLanguage=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard-help.701868/
Relevancy 48.59%

My original Asus P5ND2-SLI Deluxe doesn't work anymore so I have to replace it. From the beginning I always had issues with the POST and would have to restart from the back of the computer. I'm looking for another MOBO that supports Intel Pentium 4 EE. Looking at other ASUS motherboards I read the same issues with booting. I'm obviously not alone with the previous problems. Does anyone have any other suggestions for good boards that are just solid and consistent? There seems to be a decent ABIT one. I guess I don't want to spend $200 or more on something that's going to give me the same problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I think the Asus boards arent completely solid until you buy p5n32 or better, if you pay 100 or so for a board of course not as good quality is put into it. I have the p5n32 sli premium. Its a champ.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard.71792/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a asus motherboard and am having some problems.
Does ASUS have a tech help department?
I have sent numerous e-mails to [email protected] with no reply.
I can not find a phone number for the USA either.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I have a ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe and i was wondering if a 20 pin PSU will be ok for it. For now it has an Athlon 64 3700+ 1MB L2 Cache and san diego core, 512 kingston PC3200 and a 2D 8mb PCI Matrox Mystique.

I just need it to run until I get a 24Pin PSU in about a month

Relevancy 48.59%

I recently bought an Asus A V-VM SE Motherboard It arrived today I quickly installed it into my case inserted the new AMD Athlon X dual core processor and heat sink I connected the cases wires for power button reset button HD LED PWR LED and Speaker to the motherboard I wanted to do a quick test the reason I got the new motherboard was because my old one died or at least I m hoping it did I plugged in the power cable to the PSU The green light of happiness turned on on my mobo So far so good I hit the Power button on my Case and nothing happens nothing at all I ve double checked to make sure the wiring is correct it is I ve swapped reset button with power button just in case Still didn t work I even wondered if the motherboard was too clever So I installed everything else into the motherboard RAM GPU all other cables etc Still Nothing Also got out my old PSU still workng and tried that The green light on the motherboard came on but still nothing worked through use of the power button Should I presume this motherboard is DOA or is there anything else someone might want to suggest that could help I ve tried to please. Asus DOA? Help Motherboard be as detailed as possible And any suggestions are welcome Thank You in advance nbsp

A:Asus Motherboard DOA? Help please.

What size is your power supply? You may just need a 450-500 watt power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard-doa-help-please.73627/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I'm a college student with a desktop computer. Whenever I come home, I leave my speakers at school.

I used to have Windows Vista. When I'd come home, I could listen to music without headphones or speakers. In other words, sound would come from my sound card.

I now have Windows 7, which will only play sound when I have headphones or speakers. How can I enable Windows to let sound play from my sound card when I don't have any other means of output?

A:Sound Output

Normally, desktops do not have speakers. If yours does, it's not the usual configuration on a desktop. Best to checkwith HP to see what you need to do, as you may need some special HP audio software to get it to work.

I've worked on several HP desktops and none of them had internal speakers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/72562-sound-output.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi im new here and just wanted ask about a problem i've been having since i got my new laptop. I got an ASUS M50SV with integrated Realtek HD ALC888S audio and the problem is in the speaker configuration, it only shows stereo. i cannot change it because its grayed out. The laptop also has S/PDIF output but the Realtek HD Audio Manager doesnt recognize it.

His an image

How did you get there?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/168915-sound-output.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have lenova 3000 n100 laptop with window 7 OS. There seems to be no sound output. The drivers are installed and the speaker icon on the desktop seems to be at 100%. Please let me know what am I supposed to do ?

A:Sound output

After a quick read it seems that lenova 3000 n100 can come with two different audio drivers.(realtek or soundmax) The solution is dependent on which driver you require.Have a quick read here it may help
http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-7-Discussion/Lenovo-3000-N100-windows-7-sound-driver/td-p/106778

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-output.949879/
Relevancy 48.59%

I just noticed today when I was going to listen to some MP s that my sound card makes a buzz on the output jack a really high buzz you can t hear anything but the buzz and a small echo of the music I m sure its in the output jack I also tryed hooking up my headphones to the card and I got that buzzing noise in the headphones too I didn t hot plug the speakers and theres nothing wrong with them I Sound Output have Sound Output been listening to them all day through my cd player so there has to be some hardware problem I messed around with the settings and nothing changed I have rebooted my computer several times and messed with the connection jacks to my amp and Sound Output still no change I just used the output jack the other day when watching a dvd and it worked fine The only thing that would effect the system that I ve done to my computer since I watched the dvd is that I ran windows disk defragmenter and I got an error lke seconds Sound Output after the screen saver came on I forgot to disable it I have windows AMD Duron MHZ processor mb of ram gig drive I ve gone through the hardware settings and nothing has changed in the sound card drivers nbsp

Hrumachis334
Usually when any piece of audio electronics has that irritating buzzing sound with faint music in background a physical ground is missing or a leak to ground has occurred.
You may have developed a problem in your audio card or with external connections.
Make sure all you physical connections to the card are good.
You may also want to remove the card from you PC and clean all the contacts on the card and reinsert.
After all above is tried you may want to remove the audio card from device manager and reinstall all your drivers.
If reinstalling and cleaning all contacts does not solve the problem you may have a defective card.
Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-output.47247/
Relevancy 48.59%

HI ....i have reently got a board installed HP d 530 . OS is installed as winows XP SP2 . system specs are intel P4 2.4 GHz , 1GB RAM , and Hp d 530 SFF . despite the latest driver from HP site( digital sound max intedrated audio) there is no sound out put from the PC .
when ever a sound file is run the bass and treble indicators move showing that sound driver is installed but no sound out put. Speakers were checked and verified to be serviceable and giving sound on other PCs. All the steps in windows help and supposrt ve been carried out . still No sound output . If anyone could help i ll be more then thankful .

regards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-output-from-hp-d-530.731037/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there ive recently put my Girlfriend's old PC back together and proceeded to install of No Sound Pc Output the driver's The problem is the PC is emitting so sound through the speaker's i visited the manufacturers website and downloaded Pc No Sound Output the drivers from there yet still no luck upon opening the Case i found a Cable labelled Speaker that was not connected to anything its the same kind of cable as PWR LED RESET SW etc however unlike the majority of PC's ive built it has no pins to insert the Speaker cable into there is a part on the Motherboard that says speaker however there's no pins built in to accomadate it the only other slot i could find that the Speaker cable could fit into was labelled SPDIF OUT but upon inserting the cable there nothing happens The motherboard has ports upon which an AV Jack for my speaker's can fit into pink green and blue im assumming its supposed to be green however i have tryed the other's also The MotherBoard is FOXCONN RC MA-RS OS WINDOWS XP SP CPU INTEL penium GHz RAM GB The sound card is built into the Motherboard Also upon entering Device manager there is no yellow checks at all Any help would be much appreciated thanks

A:Pc No Sound Output

The speaker inside the case is used to emit the POST beep to let you know the computer hardware has passed the test and can boot. It does not play sounds from Windows or your audio. The Green plug is the Speaker out for your computer.
Boot into Setup (Bios) and make sure the onboard Audio is Enabled. At bootup you should get the new hardware wizard. You may need to download the driver from the Motherboard manufacturer If you don't know the model # of the motherboard then download Speccy and it will tell you the info you need.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-no-sound-output-634468.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I have motherboard & USB Asus problem a ASUS P L-VM motherboard Specs are included in my profile A computer that I built a couple of months ago When ever I have my USB external DVD writer powered on when I boot up it is very slow to get past the Asus post and when I Asus motherboard & USB problem have my port Belkin USB hub on it will not boot into windows - just hangs on checking USB area in the post If I unplug them and reboot the computer will go though startup quickly I have the latest Bios update from ASUS for my MOB Asus motherboard & USB problem Also downloaded a update from ASUS for my MOB about MS KB USB fail to enter S patch file for Windows XP Was a registry file Entered it into the registry Do I need to go into the bios and set something different in the USB configuration I have the USB function - enabled Legacy USB support-Auto USB controller - enabled USB controller mode - HiSpeed Bios EHCI hand-off - enabled The setting recommended in the MOB guide or is it something else Hate to always have to start by USB devices after booting and remember to turn them off before rebooting Any help or information would be appreciated Nola UPDATE - Resolution In case anyone else has this problem this might help This was a problem with both ASUS motherboards P L-VM from the get go Had to change USB configuration settings in bios in order to get past post in the usb area when booting up with usb hubs plugged in Changed the USB controller mode Set mode from HiSpeed to Full speed and un-enabled Bois EHCI hand off Computer now boots fine with different usb hubs plugged in along with USB DVD writer nbsp

A:Asus motherboard & USB problem

Check the BIOS and disable Boot from other Device from your boot device options. Leave only a floppy (if you have one), hard drive and CD drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard-usb-problem.94785/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi A technician installed quot No IP quot software on our office computer so that we could access it when away from home Since then our computer A8V-DX Motherboard Asus dilemma kept crashing The tech said this was a coincidence as the program would not do that to the computer He thought maybe our HD was failing We ran a Maxtor utility but it could not find our HDDs It only detected the CDRom Asus A8V-DX Motherboard dilemma We brought our computer to the shop who ran some diagnostics and said that they thought that the motherboard was failing They told us it was no longer sold and that they would replace it with Gigabyte K NSC- I told them I only wanted Asus and this is where the dilemma begins They Asus A8V-DX Motherboard dilemma said they would have to return the board to Asus and we would probably have to wait two weeks to get it back As this is our only office computer this is not an option They said we could buy a new motherboard the A NE was suggested but we must then also buy a new video card - the ATIX was suggested They also said that we would have to reinstall everything even though it is backed up by Norton Ghost We only bought this in January and it Is still under warranty This motherboard was supposed to last a long long time - We don t want to go through the expense and time to reinstall everything I asked if we could borrow a compatible motherboard until the A V-DX one came back and they said they would try but could not guarantee that there would be no issues I would love to have feedback on this problem It is still working so we took it back home but a decision must be made soon Thanks Vivienne nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I have just wiped the hard drive / re built computer and need to reinstall the motherboard drivers but i have non, never came with the pc.
My PCI slots are not working and so i have no sound...

The motherboard i have is discussed all over the web in 1000's of sites but no one and i mean NO ONE gives the drivers or shows where to get them.

Asus said "we dont care speak to the computer makers" great help ..thanks ASUS remind me never to buy your products again !

Motherboard ASUS K8V-F 037
Any help would be great... . please ...

A:Asus motherboard drivers

Go to the link below. I put "Driver Downloads" into Google and found this neat service.
{redoak}

http://www.driverfiles.net/page,results,resultpage1.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard-drivers.624313/
Relevancy 48.16%

Buying a new motherboard from Asus might be a gamble at least with the P P D-E model Asus website list the motherboards' features at their web site ASUSTeK Computer Inc Here are some of the features Marvell SATA Gb s controller - x SATA Gb s ports gray NEC USB controller - x USB ports blue at back panel Expansion Slots - x PCIe x single at x On the surface it does sound good but once the board is fired up the above selected features are either on or off depending on the settings This is selectable deep in the BIOS under the quot IO Levelup quot function that have the following options Disabled USB SATA G motherboard... Asus P7P55D-E There's no USB and SATA G option and this is how each options work Disabled PCIe slot- x USB ports reduced to USB speed SATA G or SATA reduced to SATA USB PCIe slot- reduced to x USB ports are USB SATA G or SATA reduced to SATA SATA G PCIe slot- reduced to x USB reduced to USB speed SATA G or SATA is SATA Here's an image of the PCIe bus speed when the SATA G option has been selected iolevelup Asus jpg Isn't that lovely do I want x PCIe video card or speed up the Asus P7P55D-E motherboard... new SATA SSD drive While I am aware that I should've researched this motherboard more than I've done however it is also a false advertisement that Asus does at their website Just to put it mildly I am Asus P7P55D-E motherboard... also aware that there isn't much I can do at this point other than raise the issue of this type of marketing And just maybe some people reading this can learn from it

A:Asus P7P55D-E motherboard...

I had an Asus board several years ago that I had similar issues with. I never did like the board. However, it turned out to be a killer gaming board, which made my son very happy since he ended up with it.

Hard to say whether I'd want another one or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/133911-asus-p7p55d-e-motherboard.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Just got an ASUS P S motherboard P4S800 Motherboard ASUS and was getting ready to install XP pro and it would not recognize my CDROM Drive or the DVD Drive They were both on the secondary IDE channel I ASUS P4S800 Motherboard hooked them up to the primary IDE and there they were Did a little research and found if I disconnected the USB cable to the ASUS P4S800 Motherboard front of my ASUS P4S800 Motherboard case the Secondary IDE worked just fine Well I have been trying to find out if there is some kind of fix for this problem I haven t found one yet I am really dissappointed as I have been told that ASUS was a good product I mainly have used Gigabyte in the past Well if any one has found a solution to this problem please let me know Oh yea I called ASUS technical support and after minutes they told me that they would have to call me back and it would be less than an hour Well that was hours ago and they have two phone numbers so I m not sure what the problem is suspiciou DUMPY nbsp

A:ASUS P4S800 Motherboard

Welcome to Techspot!
When you made the connection for the front USB on the MB did you try to reverse the + /- data connectors , I had this problem on an Abit .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p4s800-motherboard.16544/
Relevancy 48.16%

I just got a Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard that I'm using with the recommended Kingmax 512 MB memory and an Athlon 64+ 3000+ processor. I can start it up if I reset the CMOS, but after that and adjusting settings in the BIOS it just goes black screen and shuts off shortly afterwards.

It says something about the VCore voltage being wrong. I really have no clue what I'm doing and am looking for the appropriate settings for the BIOS on this computer. Any help would be appreciated.

- Jeff

A:ASUS K8V Motherboard Problems

Really simple. When you're in BIOS, highligh "Load defaults...", press Enter. Save & exit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-k8v-motherboard-problems.18656/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey everyone,
I need to determine what my motherboard is ASAP. I'll give you everything I know about it, but I've been searching the web and haven't been able to find anything...

ASUS Brand, it came in a HP Pavilion
Pentium 4 (Not sure what slot)
4 DDR RAM Slots
1 PCI-E x16 Slot
3 PCI Slots
Orange/Yellow in colour.
RAM Slots are Blue, Red, Blue, Red

The reason I need to know is I have no idea how to configure my System Panel Connectors, as I am trying to fit the board into a new case.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Skutty.

A:Need to determine my ASUS motherboard

when did u buy it?
actually heres a better way of finding out..
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

download the little tool and u can find out a whole bunch about ur system.. mobo type, cpu type, ram, temperatures, etc...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-determine-my-asus-motherboard.40007/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hai,

I am using Asus B85M-G motherboard. please tell me the settings tutorial step by step.
Before i am intel user. this is the first time i purchase asus board. so i want to know about settings.

Thanks & Regards
Bala.

A:Asus motherboard b85m-g

I don't know exactly what settings you are referring to, but ASUS has one thing that is different than all other brands. If you need to get into Safe Mode. Most brands are F8, but with ASUS you need to boot and hit F5 and it brings you to a menu and then you hit F8 which goes to Safe Mode. You need to remember that because it is very hard to find on Google or other Search Engines.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/391896-asus-motherboard-b85m-g.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi everyone.
I have ASUSTek Computer INC. K8V-XE motherboard and I am considering buying a new hard drive. I wonder if a SATA II drive would be compatible with such motherboard?
Thank you for helping : )

Sorry for the silly mistake in the heading

A:Queston about ASUS K8V-XE motherboard

Yes. Here is the spec page.
http://asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=qhs3pLIVcQE9Z91s&templete=2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/queston-about-asus-k8v-xe-motherboard.887590/
Relevancy 48.16%

Has anyone out there used the Asus P5G43T-M PRO motherboard and if so, can you comment on it's OC'ing ability. A review on Newegg slams it as a very poor OC'er and not being able to go over a 350MHz clock. That's too fast anyway for my current chip (E6700) without a crash at stock Vcore, but I want room for growth if/when I upgrade in the future. Other than this potential gotcha, the board has everything I want (for my grandson's first build).

Thank in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p5g43t-m-pro-motherboard.903522/
Relevancy 48.16%

Asus K8V AMD Athlon 64
Seagate 200GB HD
2 - 512mb PC3200DDR
400 watt ATX Power Supplly
Windows XP

I tried to update the bios using ASUS EZ Flash update, followed user manual to download update to floppy, it read floppy, started erasing, and then failed to flash, then it did nothing. I tried to recover the bios using crashfree bios 2, i inserted my motherboard cd nothing happens, my monitor has no power from motherboard, screen is black. Can anyone help me i am a newbie, probably should not have done this.

A:Asus K8V Motherboard Dead

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

As far as I am aware there are only two possible solutions to your problem.

1 Ask the manufacturer of your mobo if they would be willing to supply you with a new bios chip.

2 Get a new mobo.

I`m sorry that I can`t give you any good news but there it is.

Regards and good luck Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-k8v-motherboard-dead.17284/
Relevancy 48.16%

Recently I upgraded to an ASUS A7V MB with an Athlon 850 chip. I selected "Jumper free" settings, and recently on bootup I have been getting a message sending me to the BIOS saying that my CPU Frequency settings are wrong. It has been set to "USer Define," CPU frequency 100 (It gives the option of setting it as high as 133, but I leave it at 100), and DRAM Freqency 133 (I have 256 MB of PC133).
The motherboard tech people only (wearily) say that this board "often does that." But it does it about every 3d or 4th boot.
I don't understand the multipliers, etc. Should the settings be changed? (I would have to change a jumper to "Jumper mode" to make any further changes.)
Thanks.

Relevancy 48.16%

I have an Asus P5QL VM DO montherboard in my homemade PC. This is an older system that I use for testing, so I put my Windows 8 install on it. Unfortunately, the Asus driver installation CD will not run in Win 8, and I am missing one driver which I am unable to locate anywhere. It is for the PCI Simpe Communications Controller.

A:Asus Motherboard Drivers CD won't run

Note after searching this forum I found that I could download the driver for the Intel Management Engine Interface for my mobo from Asus. I used the Win 7 64 version.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/19403-asus-motherboard-drivers-cd-wont-run.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all,
Im am putting together a machine for a friend to use whos machine died and cant afford a new rig right now. im putting together a 939 system for him from spare parts i have and would welcome any input on two motherboards im deciding between. one is a Asus A8N-LA, chipset GeForce 6150 LE
* Southbridge: nForce 430 (southbridge also called MCP51)
and the second is an Asus A8S-X-SE chipset 965-SL. I am wondering if one is superior, chipset,Bios,overclocking, reliability, northbridge etc. I know the A8N-LA has most bios features locked (HP saving me from myself) but if you have any experience with these, or an opinion I would love to here them.

Thanks

A:Asus Motherboard expert?

The A8S is an SiS chipset. SiS (Silicon Integrated Systems, incidentally) is absolute garbage. HP can't make an AMD based system worth the powder to blow it to hell. Every HP system built around AMD that I've ever seen or had the displeasure to work with is a dog.

However.. If you're forced to choose strictly between the two, the A8N is a better board. Personally I'd scrap both of them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard-expert.117986/
Relevancy 48.16%

Anyone know the fastest cpu this motherboard can handle?

A:sp97-v asus motherboard

Here's what Asus says about it:

Processor
Intel Socket 7 ZIF Socket for CPU
Intel Pentium Processor 75/90/100/120/133/150/166/200/233 MHz (P55C/P54C/P54CS)
AMD-K6 -PR166-233MHz
AMD-K5 -PR75-133MHz
IBM/Cyrix 6x86-PR166 ~ 6x86-PR233
IBM/Cyrix 166+

hope that helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sp97-v-asus-motherboard.41893/
Relevancy 48.16%

Need to know the multiplier specifics when installing this cpu onto this motherboard.

Cpu Frequency
Memory and bus frequencies
Thnx.

Relevancy 48.16%

ASUS P6T-SE or the G-B EX58-UD3R motherboard

A:Asus or Gigabyte motherboard

there both great boards the udr3 is crossfire and sli compatible with a bios update i recommend them both but im partial to gigabyte then asus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-or-gigabyte-motherboard.135793/