Windows Support Forum

Can't get the music tp play on my Sylvania MP3

Q: Can't get the music tp play on my Sylvania MP3

I just purchased a MP3 from Sylvania model SMPK4066. I connected my player with USB to my computer. Using Windows Media Player 11 and the sync option I synchronized my player 100% complete. Now my player reads No Files but WMP shows all of my music was tranferred and I see Folders on my MP3 screen with artists names but no music is playing and it still says No FIles. I need someone to help me get this thing to play my music. Thank you very much to whomever figures this out.

Spanner0421

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't get the music tp play on my Sylvania MP3

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't get the music tp play on my Sylvania MP3

let;s try this for simple starters

Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32
Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, then Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy Paste into next post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-the-music-tp-play-on-my-sylvania-mp3.122213/
Relevancy 24.08%

Can't play 1080p HD video smoothly,it usually freezes and it becomes impossible to watch the video.I use vlc player but it still doesn't work.pc processor is Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz and RAM is 4.00GB(2.97GB useable), 32-bit OS,Windows 7 ultimate service pack 1.moreover,a hard drive of 24.4GB remains un-useable all the time.
so I need to know how can I solve this problem
do I need to add more RAM and get 64-bit OS?

A:Can't play 1080p HD video smoothly

Reset the router MTU to stop packet fragmentation.

usually in the section for the WAN side, you find the MTU setting defaulting to 1500.
reset it to 1492
save and reboot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-play-1080p-hd-video-smoothly.216512/
Relevancy 23.65%

I m writing this post because this was asked so many internal speakers together your Make external & laptop play times over but nobody seems to have come up with a good answer People suggested Make your laptop internal & external speakers play together some trials of paid programs but that Make your laptop internal & external speakers play together s not really an everyman solution I don t know on how many machines my workaround will work depends on the audio chip I m going to tell you how to do this in foobar My system is Win I think that this will work only if you see something like this in your Playback devices right-click windows audio icon amp select from menu to launch it So if the headphone output is not quot Ready quot when nothing is plugged into it you will maybe be able to use the HDMI output if you feel adventurous or for that matter any output that you have You possibly have no idea why I m talking about that but this will be clear after reading through the rest of my little manual ------------------- download amp install foobar here http www foobar org download play around with it of you don t know the player download amp install the latest ASIO ALL here http www asio all com leave all install options default download ASIO support for foobar http www foobar org components view foo out asio double-click it fb k will install it automatically go to foobar file- gt preferences- gt output- gt asio Check if asio all is visible at the top list You can use the x driver requires foobar restart Add a new channel mapping Don t change the name you won t need it anyway click quot configure quot ASIO ALL window will pop up Enable advanced settings bottom right now there s the icky tricky part Click the next to all and enable all the outputs that you like sometimes the HDMI output is also there What you really need is sth like quot internal speakers out quot and quot HpOut quot On my computer Dell Inspiron R it looks like this IF YOU CAN T SEE TWO OUTPUT DEVICES HERE YOU WILL PROBABLY NOT BE ABLE TO DO THIS Sorry everything depends on how your soundcard handles it maybe connecting the headphones will make it appear Try around Click quot cancel quot this was for other outputs to appear Click quot Add new quot Rename it to quot int ext quot or whatever Map lt channel name gt to the Left channel and lt channel name gt to Right you can play with that even build a faux surround with a bit of luck Play test signals if you re not sure where each channel should be On my machine it s like that Click OK Apply then restart fb k and go to file- gt preferences- gt output Select the output ASIO int ext Click OK Play your favorite piece of audio If you did everything correctly you should hear all the outputs together Meaning your internal speakers and the jack-connected headphones or speakers The sound will work ONLY fb k you will have to stop the music to use any other program that outputs sound ASIO overrides Windows output Most music files will work The method is transferable to any program that can support ASIO Leave some feedback if it worked for you Or if it didn t anything s good nbsp

A:Make your laptop internal & external speakers play together

Props to OP - I've found a somewhat related hassle-free solution for desktops with Realtek Audio.

In the settings, you can 'disable front jack detection'. Therefore, speakers connected to the rear panel won't stop when you plug something else in the front.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/make-your-laptop-internal-external-speakers-play-together.191124/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi all,
I am new to this forum..
To start, I had just bought an ASUS computer.. wanting to play games like borderlands 1, left for dead 2 etc. But, when I was very trilled waiting to start the games, both of them had blacked screen and forced shutdown my computer every time after the game has been launched!
I had done many researches in the net, changing the registry values in directx11, reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers (halfway black screen upon reinstalling), changing the compatibility to Windows 7, adding missing physxcudart_20 to the games...None of them works..T-T
Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Unable to install Nvidia driver and also to play games on Windows 8.1

I'd recommend to do the following:

Perform a clean install of Windows

Re-install Nvidia drivers
Download CPU-Z and GPU-Z (or any CPU and GPU monitoring software)
Monitor both while attempting to play games - check for temperature spikes.
Doing the above will help you rule out a lot of potential issues that are causing your problems. The clean windows install will get rid of any OS related issues. You never want to touch the windows registry unless you really have to, especially if you're not very well versed in the way it works. It can cause way more harm than good. With that said, the system crashes were probably due to a bad driver instillation and was causing a BSOD - most modern systems are set to restart / shutdown when this happens. You'll never know it happened unless you changed the configuration to stop the automatic shutdown. It could also be temperature related, if your CPU or GPU overheats, it'll typically trigger a system crash as well and result in the same BSOD sequence.

Let me know how it goes after you've tried what I've mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-nvidia-driver-and-also-to-play-games-on-windows-8-1.213781/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey guys im using my laptop to play minecraft and it overheats like 20+ times a day here is a screen shot of CoreTemp

A:Overheating when I play Minecraft

Try another program just to make sure the measurement is correct, I recommend RealTemp. Core temp is still a Release Candidate and could be glitchy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overheating-when-i-play-minecraft.191308/
Relevancy 23.65%

Okay so I've read the other threads and figure that...well...I figured nothing.

Audio sounds great. It's from my gigabyte motherboard, not from an expansion card. I have a jumper cable running from my mobo to my video card for the audio signal. When there is no audio playing on my computer, there is a sort of static buzz that has what seems like a specific rate to it... "blip blip____blip blip___blip blip"..... sort of like that

All inputs/recording settings have been disabled.

The only fix I have is to basically open an app (winamp) and have it play audio at 0% volume. It's kind of stupid and would prefer to not have to do this. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Buzzing when no sounds play over HDMI connection

I have a jumper cable running from my mobo to my video card for the audio signal.Click to expand...

That's the norm for HDMI. HUMMMMMM or other noise when no sound is being produced intentionally is usually a grounding or cable shielding problem.

To be honest, my laptop HDMI is iffy; by that I mean, a connection to the HDTV at home and at one auditorium is just fine, but at another location, I get hum all the time both with and without sound originating from the laptop - - using the same hdmi cable.

The laptop has a plastic case and of course can not be shielded and therefore subject to 'environmental' interference'

In normal audio circuits, a/c hum indicates poor or no shielding (ie grounding) OR
the leads on the audio cable are reverse - - the ground on the cable is wired (by mistake) to the audio hot lead (ie the input).

On your PC, make sure you have a grounded A/C power cord and the wall plate has an active ground connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buzzing-when-no-sounds-play-over-hdmi-connection.209553/
Relevancy 24.51%

As weird as this sounds, I was recording a video of the Blue Angels practicing using my smart phone & recording it by holding my smartphone "still" focused on my tower monitor. Once it was over, I clicked the video button to stop recording but it kept recording. I pushed it a few more times but it kept recording so I pushed the button to go to the desktop & it went to the desktop. After that I tried a few times to play it but it won't.
I saved it to My Documents & tried playing it there but it still won't.
I have recorded other videos same way & they've played fine. Any ideas? I even tried to change the properties from .MOV to VLC but still nothing I don't know if I can upload it here, but will try if need be.

A:Video won't play

This is absolutely insane. Why can I see the video on the flashdrive & in the foldrer(s) its in, but when I try to upload it here, its invisible? Yes, invisible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-wont-play.204223/
Relevancy 24.08%

Guys when I play ARMA II or any game.. there are purple squares on my screen. At first, it was manageable. It didn't affect how I played the game. But later on, it got worse and worse! To the point that my game crashes. But when I play Assassins Creed, if I alt+tab out the purple spots are gone but later on it crashes. Can anyone help me with my problem? By the way, I'm using an HP Pavilion dv5

A:Purple squares when I play a game

^^

in my opinion ur video card its about to blow up but u still can try update ur driver...
if not .. lower graphic on ur game

But listen other ppl opinions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/purple-squares-when-i-play-a-game.178740/
Relevancy 48.16%

I've got 2 of these little beasts... They both come up with a Windows CE screen displaying the incorrect time and date. There is a box where a password is asked for, but the customers passwords don't work. How do I clear this, or can I reload Windows CE fresh?

A:Sylvania netbook SYNET7WID

I trashed both of these...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sylvania-netbook-synet7wid.167907/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys, I am going on holiday in early June and am looking for a way to listen to music while I'm in the pool as I plan to spend a lot of time doing so.
The way I can see it is that I have two options:

Buy a waterproof case and waterproof headphones
buy a waterproof MP3 player all-in-one.
Obviously each option has it's flaws - otherwise I wouldn't be there.
Even if I buy a waterproof case how can I be sure that even though there is a waterproof case, where it contacts with waterproof earphones will be waterproof as 'waterproof' to some sellers just means rain-proof.
The problem with the all in ones like the Sony Waterproof Walkman is that they are very expensive for very little space, the 4GB alone being £50 and 8GB is £80.

Does anyone have experience in the matter, anything they can recommend, preferably I'd like to use my phone in a case for my 32GB MicroSD card, but whatever works I guess.

Cheers guys.

A:How can I listen to music whilst swimming?

:big grin: My wife JUST purchase a waterproofed iPad Shuffle from waterfi.com

website is very descriptive and the device is AS Advertised - - she's very happy with it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-listen-to-music-whilst-swimming.201909/
Relevancy 23.65%

Guys plz help me..ma dad wont let me game..so I cnt upgrade ma pc..I myself cn afford a pci vga..cn it run latest games?

A:Can I play Black Ops 2 on a PCI card like Nvidia 6200?

If that's your graphics card, then the rest of the system must be ancient. I'm gonna go with 'NO'.

To test: download Steam and Team Fortress 2. Turn resolution and all settings to minimum. Does the game run acceptably?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-play-black-ops-2-on-a-pci-card-like-nvidia-6200.201428/
Relevancy 48.59%

When I play windows media player or any other mp3 player my pc begins to slow down a lot and mouse stutters and my internet webpage closes :/ any help please?

I've posted my IRQ

A:When I play music my PC starts to slow down and mouse stutters

What are your system specs?

Some possible solutions: Make sure Windows is up to date. Try updating your sound driver (post your system specs and I will show you how to).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-play-music-my-pc-starts-to-slow-down-and-mouse-stutters.200950/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have a Sapphire rhadeon 7850. It can run almost any game on highest quality. So I purchased Crysis the original off steam and attempted to run it at Very high settings. After about 10 mins the graphics card crashed. So I had to downgrade it to High. After about a day playing on high it begun to crash on high as well. I now can only run it on medium. Today it crashed while I was playing Planetside2 and it has never don't that before. And just a few minutes ago it crashed while I was playing saints row 3. I believe I have the latest drivers and I don't know exactly what to do in the amd catalyst. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any suggestions would be helpfull.

A:Radeon HD 7850 crashing when I play games

Try the following things:

Uninstall and go through a Clean Re-install of your graphics drivers.

Download HWmonitor or your choice of GPU tempreature monitoring tool and see what type of Temps you are getting while playing games. Overheating will definitely make a GPU crash. (If it is overheating, go ahead and thoroughly clean your GPU. )

What is the rest of your computer setup?
What resolution do you play these games at?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-7850-crashing-when-i-play-games.188944/
Relevancy 24.08%

I don t see a good spot to put this in the forums so this is where I am starting Issue Brand new Alienware Aurora-R Can t update or run Steam can t connect to play wizard can t connect to login server for DC Universe Online It isn t the firewall Norton My laptop did and still does work properly all around This desktop is connected via ethernet which could have something to do with it since it isn t wireless I am utterly stumped I ran many scans and found no answers Dell support Can't play any online games is via phones only and everyone knows how awesome their english is Ill Can't play any online games use them if I must Here is a dxdiag report ------------------ Can't play any online games System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name DESKTOP-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Alienware System Model Aurora-R BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS A DE amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Dell U HM Digital Monitor Model DELL U HM Monitor Id DELD Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- C - CF- C - CC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x A DE Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section ci ven de amp dev amp subsys a de Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YV x Fr... Read more

A:Can't play any online games

Someone on another site mentioned this:
"
Are either of you using NVidia onboard lan connections?

If so, have you disabled the now infamous checksum offloading?"

No idea how to checkf or this but that might help? I don't know.

One more thing:

It has these alienware programs too which might be doing something:

AlienAutopsy
Alien Command Center
AlienAdrenaline
AlienFusion
AlienFX Controller

Update:

I installed the game Rift and it plays as it should. I don't know why this is different than the previously stated programs, but apparently it is. Those programs still can't connect.

Also, I ran safe mode with networking and they couldn't connect in that either. At least, steam and wizard101 couldn't. DC Universe Online couldn't run withought the graphics card.

Anyone have any idea at all? I'm soooo bummed right now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-play-any-online-games.189671/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello so as the title suggests my game crashes whenever Every for game reason crashes play I no I play any game for like minutes Some games don t even start up When they crash the game freezes and im Every game I play crashes for no reason forced to start task manager and end the process to get back to the desktop my computer does NOT bluescreen The weird thing is my computer runs like its brand new Every game I play crashes for no reason when not playing games I can run many livestreams and render videos very quickly its just the Every game I play crashes for no reason games which crash Specs not included in profile Corsair TX w PSU Arctic cooling freezer for processor Here are some of the solutions I have tried so far to get my games to work again - Reset to factory settings - Malware scan - Virus scan - Registry clean - Stress test on hardware - MEMTEST - clean out inside pc - Validating game cache on steam Its not just steam games that crash its all games - Defragmented my HDD and SSD - Removed any overclocks If anyone has any other ideas please please get back to me ASAP some people have said to unplug the hardware and plug it back in but I didnt know if this was safe Any other ideas are greatly appreciated If you need more info just ask Regards Luke nbsp

A:Every game I play crashes for no reason

Check your CPU temps and voltages. Are you overclocking? You may need to set voltages directly, instead of 'auto'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/every-game-i-play-crashes-for-no-reason.194836/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys, I've recently ordered a new PC and it should be here in a week. I'm a gamer and I like to write music and will finally be able to record with my new system. I'm just lacking a sound card. So basically I'm looking for a card that will be awesome for gaming and music. Any suggestions out there? I know I will need a PCI-E card. I'm looking to spend $150-200. Any help would be much appreciated

A:Sound card for gaming and making music

This is probably the best one out there: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132010

That is the best of both worlds. There is a better card for gaming, but the Essence above is much better for creating music and phenomenal for gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-for-gaming-and-making-music.191256/
Relevancy 24.08%

So I have been looking for a laptop around £300 to 400 which can run Combat Arms smoothly, the website of the game says that it is recommended that your PC has the following: Windows XP SP3, Pentium 4 - 2.4GHz+, 1GB RAM, GeForce FX 5600 or better and 6GB HDD. I have found a laptop called Toshiba C855 which has: 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Intel Pentium dual core B950 processor, 2.10GHz processor speed, 5.3 hours of battery life, 1366 x 768 pixels and shared graphics. Will this be a 'good enough' laptop to run Combat Arms without lag? P.S I have been playing Combat Arms in the past year on an IBM Thinkpad which has been lagging nonstop and I'm getting sick of it

A:Looking for a £300-£400 to play Combat Arms

Worst case senario:

it might be slightly better if the CPU uses the 4000, but yes, it can run combat arms apparently.

Thats about it though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-%C2%A3300-%C2%A3400-to-play-combat-arms.188414/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hiya I ve recently bought a new laptop its a samsung core i with GB of RAM I ve purchased and installed kaspersky internet security and updated to google chrome thinking videos weren t playing coz the software wasnt upto date enough or whatever I am extremely computer illiterit though I ve tried a few things No clips on youtube or google will play for me they have sound though it is a little distorted but no picture colourful static dances about the video window instead of any logical forms and I m over it if anyone has any advice to swing me itd be greatly appreciated I tried playing a dvd in my cd drive and that played fine which made me figure that play My won't video laptop clips new the problem mustnt be with the computer itself but more likely with My new laptop won't play video clips the internet connection or possibly the rerouter I bought to plug into our modem hmm yeah problems problems not ideal help is most welcome nbsp

A:My new laptop won't play video clips

Have you installed flash player?

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

If you have it already, a reinstall might help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-new-laptop-wont-play-video-clips.187885/
Relevancy 24.08%

After watching videos of Arma 2 and DayZ on YouTube, I now want to play those games more than anything. Problem is I don't have a gaming computer or laptop. After looking into some options I feel like a laptop might be best for my needs, but my question is could a laptop run these games on high settings with still getting high fps and run smoothly? I barely know anything about computers so I could really use the help. I checked into some Alienware laptops, and was looking at the m17x. Would that be able to play this game with high fps?

A:Will this laptop play this game at high fps?

This link may help. - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M Review

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-laptop-play-this-game-at-high-fps.186298/
Relevancy 23.65%

I'm a gamer and its been years since I've needed to upgrade my computer to play a game, the game is Guild Wars 2. Need some help on updates I should get so this game can be playable to an extent that it is enjoyable!!! I am a college student so affordable would be nice!!

AMD Anthlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
2.00 GHz
Windows 7 Professional, 32-bit Operating System
3.00 GB RAM

Video Card- ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series

Any help would be great!!

A:Upgrade my computer to play Guild Wars 2

:/ where to start. If you're solely going for gaming, then first thing you should upgrade is your graphics card.
even then, don't expect a big jump in performance because the rest of your system will be slowing it down.
What sort of budget can we work with?
and would you possibly be up for giving your entire system a facelift? (CPU, mobo, RAM, etc)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-my-computer-to-play-guild-wars-2.185450/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello.
I have this new PC:
CPU: I-5 2500 (without the 'k') @ 3.3Ghz
GPU: ASUS GTX 580 direct cu II overclocked to 878 Mhz
Motherboard: Intel DH67CL
RAM: APACER 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 Mhz

I was trying to play Rome: Total War (a game made way back in 2004) at max settings and at 1600x900 resolution (which is the max resolution of my monitor) and I get an average framerate of 20 fps, often even lower. So I checked GPU usage during the game, turns out it never reached 20%. But when I lowered the graphics settings, the fps immediately jumped to 60. As far as I can tell from task manager, there seems to be high CPU usage during gaming, but it doesn't tell how much exactly. So does this mean higher graphics settings require faster CPU clocks and not just a faster GPU? Or does it just mean there's a stability problem with my PC that's affecting its performance?

A:Do you need higher CPU speed to play at higher graphics settings in games?

What power supply do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-you-need-higher-cpu-speed-to-play-at-higher-graphics-settings-in-games.183570/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have got fx 8150 processor and hd 6670 gpu but still can't run high end games like ME3 and crysis2....even deus ex human revolution stooped running after 6th level!!.......when I checked the requirements my configuration was more than suffice!...plaese any suggestions??....should I call up the manufacturer as its only a month old?

A:Got latest hardware but still can't play high end games like ME3 or Crysis 2

The 6670 is really a weak card for a game like Crysis 2... though it should fare a bit better with ME3. I think DEHR falls somewhere in the middle. Your GPU is your likely bottleneck on that system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-latest-hardware-but-still-cant-play-high-end-games-like-me3-or-crysis-2.183324/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi ,
My System Config is Dual core 2.66 GHZ , 2 GB DDR2 RAM ,
ATI RADEON HD 5450 1 GB DDR3 Graphics , 600 gb HDD,.
Win XP SP 3 Performance edition. Why does my FPS drop?
Generally system is fast for all other tasks. Installed Latest
GFX card drivers also. but in game if anyone comes in front
fps drops to 30 fps . Pls suggest a solution .. is this issue wid RAM ?

A:FPS drops while play Counter-Strike / Warcraft

You do know there is no such thing as a legitimate copy of Windows XP SP3 Performance Edition. Only goodness knows what's included on that install, but the obvious issue is your video card. It's slightly better than a on-board video chip. That card is the kind used for extending a desktop over 2 monitors or watching a blu-ray movie on an HD monitor, it isn't the kind you play games on and expect to get great frame rates. Your frame rates drop because your video card is struggling to draw everything in your line of sight. Your memory is fine for XP. I used to have 2 GB of memory when I was using XP, just make sure you have less than five programs running in the system tray at any time. My anti-virus, sound and video driver appear in the system tray, so you may want something similar to that too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-drops-while-play-counter-strike-warcraft.181818/
Relevancy 24.08%

I recently bought a 1TB external drive in the first month was the paradise of about three months here been hell ...

The problem is that the windows when i connect the disk, sometimes it correctly detects and installs the correct drivers, other times it detects wrong and installs other wrong drivers.
When you install the wrong windows drivers in Disk Manager says that is not present or does not detect the capacity, despite the indication that I have the the connected USB device. Another indicator light is always on the disc, rather than intermittently (indicating that it is accessing data) ...

To be even more difficult the drivers are registry keys ...

Have tested it on several PC with W7 and XP sp3 and the problem still occurs ...

Have I contacted the support of the disc but the impression I got is that understand of hardware even less than me ...

Can you help me please!!

A:Wrong plug-and-play drivers

OMG! what is the brand/make/model of the external drive in question?!? I have never heard of a known brand to do something like that unless the enclosure itself is hosed and/or beginning to fail. Post back & let me know, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wrong-plug-and-play-drivers.179651/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello Community,
I am trying to built two desktop computers, one I need for work and the other for play!!!
On the first computer what would be the essential parts (the PC would be used primary for data, I will be installing Microsoft word Excel?., My business program which includes images of my merchandise and maybe adobe Photoshop and acrobat. My budget is 300-400 without counting the operating system. With this budget can I built a stable and good working PC?
The second PC is going to be gaming type PC with bell and whistle, I will be using it primarily for editing movies video and music, my budget on that pc is 1500.00 without the operating system.

A:Building two PCs: one for work, one for play

This will get you started.
Out of interest why don't you just build one system for work and play? Or is it because they're going to be in 2 separate locations?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-two-pcs-one-for-work-one-for-play.180901/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi everybody, if I'm posting this in wrong category I'm so sorry! but I only got 2 days to choose if I want to buy this pc or not.
It has this info:

Acer aspire M3641
Intel® Core?2 Quad Processor Q6600 Series @ ( 4 x 2.4GHz )
Ram Memory : 4 GB ( 2 x 2GB)
HDD : 320 GB SATA
ZOTAC nvidia GeForce CUDA GT 430 - 1GB

So please whoever knows (for sure) if I can play "ALMOST" latest games.
example: GTA IV , Need for Speed: The Run , or assassin's creed 2 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 , Battlefield 3 or even GTA V

A:Can I play latest games in this PC?

For gaming, you will want a little more power in the graphics card.

I have a 20" monitor with 1600x900 for resolution and a GeForce GTS 450. I've noticed a little lag when playing at standard resolution (no anti-alias) on less demanding games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-play-latest-games-in-this-pc.180800/
Relevancy 49.02%

i have an sylvania mp3 it was workin fine before but now , it wont play my whole playlist , it will just play certain songs over and over . whats wrong with it?

A:Sylvania mp3

Hi relly6. Have you gone to Sylvania's webpage to see if they have a firmware update for your particular model?

Also, I strongly suggest you check out the forums at Anythingbutipod.com and check out their extensive forums. They may have information pertinent to your issue.

* Please keep us updated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sylvania-mp3.178710/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am looking at both the Radeon and the GTX Radeon http www newegg com Product Produ words amp cm mmc KNC-GoogleAdwords- -pe- -NA- -NA GTX http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E PLEASE FILL OUT THIS AWESOME FORM Q Will both none or only one of these games play this Will card graphics GTA? play GTA V at really good settings Q For example GTX vs is there really a reason difference in quality or is it just - cuz its NEW Q Please keep in consideration I ONLY want a new Will this graphics card play GTA? G card for one game GTA V I MUST HAVE IT So if it doesn t do the trick for GTA V when it s out late what will Keep it under please and also I will but a GC in - months price drops Oh yea almost forgot my current specs Quad core AMD A - each is GHz rated at GHz GB DDR RAM TB HDD Genuine Win Home Premium AMD Radeon HD D nbsp

A:Will this graphics card play GTA?

What are your system spec? Is your PSU big enough to power the card?

Q1 - No, medium-high at best
Q2 - yes and they are far from new
Q2.1 - for under $250 your not going to get very high settings at a great framerate. Keep in mind you want to play at 50-60+ fps for great gameplay. Of course you can run the game on ultra across the board on a 6850 but @ 12-20 fps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-graphics-card-play-gta.177786/
Relevancy 23.65%

So i just got this nice little HP mini 110 netbook and i have a copy of the sims 2 double deluxe game. It's able to run just fine as long as i only play the base game if i go unto the nightlife expansion it's a bit laggy. systemrequirements labs says that my netbook cannot run the game because it requires a T & L capable graphics card. My question is, would it harm my netbook in any way to play the game without the T & L graphics card? And also why would it say i cannot run it if i can? My netbook has a intel atom N455 Processor (1.66 Ghz), 320 gb hard drive, intel graphics accelerator 3150 with shared graphics memory.

I f someone could please answer me, im so hooked on sims 2 but don,t want to ruin my pc playing it

A:Safe to play without T and L capable video card if required?

No, it will not hurt the netbook

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/safe-to-play-without-t-and-l-capable-video-card-if-required.176577/
Relevancy 24.08%

Or dvd player? Like a wii? I want to grab a 1 tb external hd so I can bring my media with me and play it at my girls house.

A:If I buy a external USB HDD can I play movies off of it on a console?

yes you can. I do it on the 360 all the time. What I'm not sure about is if the Wii can recognize the whole 1TB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/if-i-buy-a-external-usb-hdd-can-i-play-movies-off-of-it-on-a-console.177011/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello fellow nerds of the internet I built myself a nice 6970 or unable to computer rate New HD play games system new computer yesterday I ghz windows bit gb ram New computer HD 6970 unable to rate system or play games etc but the video card is the ASUS AMD knock off aka HD Direct CU I have had absolutely no problems watching videos or any of the normal day to day running of the machine and am able to use the higher resolutions for my monitor except the moment I attempt to play a game the game crashes anti climatically revealing my desktop Whilst I am grateful for the lack of full system crashes I built my gaming computer for get this GAMING so I am a tad bit annoyed I also attempted to do a windows machine rating however that failed coming up with an error report The windows experience index for your computer could not be computed Could not measure video playback performance When I attempted to launch Star Wars The Old Republic I received the error report Error code incompatible system Please verify your system is compatible with this game When I attempted to launch Crysis I received the error report Unsupported Video Card ASUS EAH Series vender x x device x Continuing to run may lead to unexpected results of crashes DX Diagnosis ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name NYX-PC Operating System New computer HD 6970 unable to rate system or play games Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model Z XP-UD R BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ASUS EAH Series Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI display adapter x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS BC amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model W Monitor Id GSM B Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-C -B A C CA Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x BC Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag NICayman ci ven amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS A amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RTKVHD sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Realtek Digital ... Read more

A:New computer HD 6970 unable to rate system or play games

I suspect it's a power supply issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-hd-6970-unable-to-rate-system-or-play-games.176490/
Relevancy 24.08%

its brand new and its i i really need help with this because any download games dont work help ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name MITCHELLWONG Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model h - uk BIOS Ver CHG rom vCHG Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D computer I play cant my games on retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS A I cant play games on my computer B A amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model TOSHIBA-TV Monitor Id TSB Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- E -AEB FC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x A B A Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section ci ven de amp dev amp subsys a b a Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoP... Read more

A:I cant play games on my computer

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "games don't work"? Do they crash, freeze, or not even launch at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-play-games-on-my-computer.176477/
Relevancy 48.16%

Having dredged the internet, I came across this forum amongst the many with questions relating to cd drives working but dvd not etc, but my issue is slightly different, i think.

CDs seem to play ok, and so do DVDs, but I seem to have a problem with my laptop reading a disc with DS games on it that it used to read no problem. The discs can be used in my other half's laptop, so it is clearly a problem with my laptop.

I'd appreciate if anyone could advise where I can start to solve this problem

A:Music and video play on laptop CD/DVD drive but not data files

You need to have the CD/DVD drive replaced. Internal lasers fail in strange ways. The drives are not too expensive and they are easy to replace

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-and-video-play-on-laptop-cd-dvd-drive-but-not-data-files.175583/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey Guys sorry if i am posting in the wrong place that is actually what this topic is about i am having some issues with my computer taht are hard to explain other than it is pissing me off I can not play any games what so ever that include warcraft III Startcraft Age of Empires The Sims Empire earth and pretty much any other game i have I heard i may to update my play won't games My 530 Dell Inspiron graphics card Drivers Well honestly i am a bit of My Dell Inspiron 530 won't play games a lame when it comes to knowing anything tech wise about computers I can however tell you it is a Dell Inspiron OS Windows XP pro SP GB Hard drive GB RAM i am really unsure about other details if you have any idea what might My Dell Inspiron 530 won't play games be causing these issues please let me know Also if there is anymore info you need as i am sure there is because of my lack of knowledge with finding it let me know what it is i will try my hardest to list it here nbsp

A:My Dell Inspiron 530 won't play games

Do you have a graphics card? Not talking about intergrated. We will talk about graphics cards in a minute, Since the games your trying to play are kinda old, try runing as admin. For graphics cards, you have a intel intergrated(That sucks) and your computer and use PCI-E X16, post a topic on Audio/Video section of the forums. And how much PSU(Power Supply Unit) do you currently have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-inspiron-530-wont-play-games.175976/
Relevancy 23.65%

I recorded a program in HD60 on my Kodak Zx1. I watched a few minutes of the recording on a television, then stopped, planning to download it to my computer and edit it later. When I came back, the SD card read empty. I have no idea what happened.

I used Recuva on the SD card, and have come up with a few files, 2 of which appear to be my video - one is about 30 minutes long, the other, ten. But when I play the files,all I see is BLACK. The files are .mov files. I've tried to open the files in several programs, including Quicktime,but if they read at all, the screen comes up, the video is obviously playing ( the timer is moving), but there is nothing but black.

I'm hoping to much to be able to recover and play these files of my daughter singing. Can anyone help me?

A:Recovered video files play back all black

It may be time to get another video camera. Today's smart phones do a good job taking video shots

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovered-video-files-play-back-all-black.175293/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a Sony CDs, do? computer My play recognize can or I will what not Vaio with windows XP Professional I know it old to the best of my knowledge it up to date the cd driver is newer My computer will not play or recognize CDs, what can I do? approx yrs original would not open anymore the cd driver is an LG CD-RW CED- B Now when I put a cd into the cd drive the cd icon appears on the curser and you hear the disk move a little but My computer will not play or recognize CDs, what can I do? the only disk My computer will not play or recognize CDs, what can I do? it seem to want to play is one legit cd and this old burnt cd i have a pop up opens and ask what i want to do with the disk and then I play the cd on itunes It dosen t recognize older or newer legit cds and it won t play them When i go into my computer and click on the cd drive nothing shows up and it dose not give me the message to insert disk even when I don t have a disk in it I attempt the same thing on the dvd drive when there s a disk in the dvd drive it dose the same thing as in the cd drive and i click on the drive from my computer I seems to want to load something because it take a few second to go into the drive but then it gives a message to insert disk the message to insert disk to drive pop up quickly when there is no disk in the dvd drive I ve attempted several fixes deleted the Upperfilter and Lowerfilter updating driver what else can I do other that purchasing a new driver nbsp

A:My computer will not play or recognize CDs, what can I do?

You should be able to find a NEW replacement on eBay for $27 to $50 on a lucky day. They are not difficult to replace. You can never count on one that is used very much to last a long time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-will-not-play-or-recognize-cds-what-can-i-do.175038/
Relevancy 26.23%

As a part time DJ i spend a lot of time playing the same laptop a Recording music from music in the same order so i was thinking what if i Recording music from a laptop could just sit down and record the tracks that i play Recording music from a laptop directly into one Recording music from a laptop big MP and then it would save me having to load and cue each track I use a program called ClubDJ Pro its a twin deck system with a predefined playlist i can usually just load a playlist and tell it to cross fade during the last quot X quot seconds of the song X being a set time between and seconds However i find some songs have an extended silence at the end that can when i first played them mess up the auto cross fade facility and as anyone will tell you silence is deadly when your doing DJ ing So is there a program i can use to either record directly from my program or use another PC or laptop to record onto i assume i would use the earphone out on one to the Line In socket on the other PC Laptop and then record onto that It would be good as it then means i can use different mixes of my own nbsp

A:Recording music from a laptop

you might use WavePad Sound Editor to remove the trailing silence

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recording-music-from-a-laptop.174560/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi all I have a bit of a problem wondering if someone could help, I am running windows7 64 bit It's just coming up to a year old, I had this same problem when i uninstalled Norton but I called someone and they help me remove the key that was stopping the dvd rom from working, I Now am having the same problem scince I uninstalled avg and reinstalled it. I would do what I was told to before but I cannot remember what i have to do again :/ I know it is in regedit some where but not sure on where to go after, Any help or advice would be great thank you. It will play cds but not dvds :/
thanx in advance

A:DVD will not read DVDs or DVD software but will play CDs

Do you have a Windows Vista or 7 install disk? Or even a restore disk if its a branded PC. All of those should be DVDs, so see if you can boot the computer from that disk (you won't actually go through any of the install process, just see if it boots from the disk). This will ensure that your dvd laser didn't die. The laser for cd and dvd reading are different, so it is possible that one could die while the other is still good.

You may be exactly right with it being a registry thing, but if you have a bootable disk that is a dvd we can easily rule out a hardware issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-will-not-read-dvds-or-dvd-software-but-will-play-cds.174835/
Relevancy 25.8%

My speakers are Logitech Surround Speaker Z506 and motherboard gigabyte z68x-ud5-b3.

I havent got a soundcard but I'm wondering why i cant use 5.1? and what sort of plugins/codecs i need for it? it used to work for my old machine using realtek HD and all 5 speakers work but for some reason my newer machine doesnt work, anyone can help or lead me to find a solution?

A:Speakers not using 5.1 when watching/listening to movies/music

What media player are you using and does it support Dolby 5.1?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speakers-not-using-5-1-when-watching-listening-to-movies-music.174538/
Relevancy 23.65%

Here is what i have, right now i play Skyrim on Medium and want closer to Ultra as i can.

Figured i might need a bigger powersupply but clueless how to find one that will fit my dell case.

Figured my 2.40GHZ Quad core might be a bottle neck but have no clue.
I play mostly rpg games like Skyrim and WoW.
Looking for spend around $200.

Dell 420 XPS
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40 GHZ
Dell Motherboard OTP406
4 gig of Ram
Windows 7 32bit
Nvidia Geforce 9800GT (video card) PCI Express

Power supply 375

Monitor is 1680 x 1050

A:Need new video card for my Dell to play Skyrim

You have many problems with upgrading for a graphics card,
1. you have to find a low profile card
2. your power supply is very low and most new cards would be too powerful for it
3. you most likely will end any agreement you have for a warranty with dell

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-new-video-card-for-my-dell-to-play-skyrim.173532/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi i am new here and i'm glad i found this site,

i am terrible with computers and i need help for this game i want to play
the sims 2 ( i know its old) i downloaded it and a the message : failed 2 find directX9.0 compatible graphics adapters in the system .

i have no idea what it mean but ive been trying for a couple of hours to fix it please if anybody can help me step by step i would greatly appreciat it

A:Directx 9.0 compatible graphics adapters to play the Sims 2

hello Vanessa
can you tell me what is your graphics card name

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/directx-9-0-compatible-graphics-adapters-to-play-the-sims-2.173008/
Relevancy 24.51%

Vio lap top wont play cd can anyone help not technical so need a stage by stage help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-play-cd.172837/
Relevancy 24.08%

My 6 year old Medion 8820 has died (I think motherboard from the beeps), so I would like to upgrade my PC to meet the high system requirements for Black Ops.
Bear in mind that I am a 75 year old wargamer & silver surfer, who has only been inside my box to blow compressed air at the fans etc, & am utterly bamboozled at the technobabble you young wizz-kids use.
I need to do something to resurrect my Medion or buy a new PC, but should I forget about Black Ops on a PC & just get an Xbox instead. Any ideas?

A:Upgrade PC to play Black Ops

"should I forget about Black Ops on a PC & just get an Xbox instead"...

Xbox will be a better and cheaper option for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-pc-to-play-black-ops.172245/
Relevancy 24.51%

System Information ------------------ Time of this report any can't I games play PC Machine name SHYAMKUM- A Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer INTELR System Model AWRDACPI BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available I can't play any PC games Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag I can't play any PC games Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab The system is using the generic video driver Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer Direct D functionality not available You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Manufacturer Chip type DAC type Device Key Enum I can't play any PC games Display Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name vga dll Driver Version English DDI Version unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD vga sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-B - AAEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run nbsp

A:I can't play any PC games

It appears you haven't installed the driver for graphics card. Only the generic Windows driver seems to be installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-play-any-pc-games.172284/
Relevancy 24.08%

i have a green screen when i try to play videos and it just happened randomly, so it cant be becuse ive got the wrong drivers or the os or if i formated because ive had my laptop for about 10 months now and i havent changed anything on it yet its still got all the same stuff that came with it.

any help would be gratefull asap.

A:I have a green screen when I try to play videos

You could try updating video drivers.

Most likely it's your video drivers have you installed a new graphics card or anything like that, or how long have you had your graphics card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-a-green-screen-when-i-try-to-play-videos.171624/
Relevancy 25.8%

Looking for the best headphones for gaming and music... Noise canceling preferred so I can use them in a work environment also. Planning on spending no more than $100. Don't need a mic I can just use a separate one.
What do you guys think?
Thanks!

A:Choosing the best headphones? (gaming/music)

I'm considering using a few more dollars to get the Audio-Technica ATH-A700's, hmm what do you guys think.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choosing-the-best-headphones-gaming-music.171298/
Relevancy 24.08%

The CD I burned, the content is not available to play. Basically I can't play the Cd I just created

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-content-of-burned-cd-doesnt-play.169524/
Relevancy 24.08%

I was in China and bought a music cd and have been unable to play it here in the US. The book was labeled "German 24k cd". I am not sure if I just purchased a cd with nothing on it or if this type of cd doesn't work in the US. Help

A:Bought CDs in China, can't play them in the US

Foreign

Sorry, the CD from China is not a book, but a really nice box with 2 CDs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bought-cds-in-china-cant-play-them-in-the-us.168655/
Relevancy 24.08%

I cant play any games on my computer like rumble fighters and other mmorpg games I recently switched from windows xp to windows and before i switched i could play any game i downloaded So every time i start my game this standard vga adapter thing pops up http i photobucket com albums z sulfranc Untitled play downloaded games can't I png ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name JEFF-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL I can't play downloaded games CO LTD System Model MS- BIOS Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v PG I can't play downloaded games Processor n a Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting DPI percent System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Manufacturer Standard display types Chip type VIA K M nbsp

A:I can't play downloaded games

Try to update to the latest DirectX version and also check if that you graphic driver are installed. Also what graphic card you use? Standard VGA adapter is onboard cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-play-downloaded-games.168093/
Relevancy 24.08%

I cant play any games on my computer like rumble fighters and other mmorpg games. I recently switched from windows xp to windows 7 and before i switched i could play any game i downloaded. So every time i start my game this standard vga adapter thing pops up.
i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z357/sulfranc/Untitled.png

A:I cant play any games on my computer

if you could give us detailed specifications about your computer. We could solve this problem much smoother.
To do this, go into the start menu and type "dxdiag" without the quotes, and press enter. Then select yes to see if drivers are digitally signed. Finally, at the bottom you will see save all information and save it as a text document and attach it to your next post on techspot. We will find a lot of useful information through this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-play-any-games-on-my-computer.168054/
Relevancy 24.94%

DMA is enabled...

The sound is synced to the voices, but the music seems to be playing slowly. Like in slow motion.

Have tried playing with several different audio players... VLC (VLC default codecs) and k-lite codecs as well...

Any suggestions?

Thanks much..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/voices-fine-but-music-playing-in-slow-motion-during-dvd-playback.167687/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello i want to know if i can play Medal of honor without lag online

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz
3.5 GB Really 4 but on vista
GeForce 8400 GS
Btw on systemrequirementslab it says my video ram is 2.0gigs

on systemrequirementslab it says i cant play but i played in the beta perfectly
and i can play call of duty black ops on low no lag even though my vid card doesnt reach the reqirements

i dont mind playing the lowest possible graphics

A:Can I play Medal of Honor 2010 with GeForce 8400 GS?

You must be running Vista 32-bit. You need a 64-bit operating system to "see" 4GB or more of system RAM. With playing on-line games, your Internet speed is more important than your hardware. What type of Internet access do you have, DSL, Cable?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-play-medal-of-honor-2010-with-geforce-8400-gs.166552/
Relevancy 24.08%

wat should i do to connect them?
i m new in this field
plz hlp:wave:

A:How can I connect my PC with laptop to play Age of Empire 2?

So you want one person on the PC and one person on the laptop playing the game at the same time?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-connect-my-pc-with-laptop-to-play-age-of-empire-2.166132/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have an old Dell, Dimension 4500 and I wan't to put a AGP vid card that can handle Blu-Ray playback, I have a 250 watt power supply--can it be done? I love my old CPU and I don't want to send it to CPU heaven...
System Model DIM4500
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~2392 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. A04, 9/10/2002
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 115.42 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.40 GB

A:Want to play Blu-ray on my old comp -- can it be done?

I think that's a P4 2.4 - and it's very unlikely you'll ever be able to get that thing to properly play back a bluray disc. ALL the video processing would have to be offloaded to another card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-play-blu-ray-on-my-old-comp-can-it-be-done.164216/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello, My os is wxp sp3 and I am using infrarecorder to burn dvds from videos I downloaded using youtube downloader, but when I burn them to cd they will play on my computer but not on another dvd player like my norcent. Can anyone Help?

A:Burned DVDs won't play

Try burning the DVD's in an .iso format. You have probably selected the wrong format in InfraRecorder . Go over the options carefully. I burn all my DVD's in the .iso format. They play fine on all my DVD players and my computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burned-dvds-wont-play.165413/
Relevancy 21.07%

Greetings folks well I ve been giving this some thought and I think I may need to break down and buy myself a new video card for my old Dell Dimension c computer Now please mind that my computer was built back in the year with the cutting edge stuff that was make A new card, let's "you the call"! play video offered back in that year Now days my system is a dinosaur and probably could not handle all the top of the line video cards models A new video card, let's play "you make the call"! on the open market today For those who might require a complete system listing before being able to render advise please click the following link it s the spec s list my computer compliments of Dell http support dell com support edocs SYSTEMS dim C sm specs htm wp Also I will post some more information that my system is showing now for I ve made a slight modification with re-placing the original RAM that was MB s to Gig s of Patriot DDR RAM Here is the current stuff Intel R Graphics Media Accelerator Driver Report Report Date - Report Time hr mm ss - Driver Version - Operating System - Windows XP Professional Service Pack Default Language - English DirectX Version - Physical Memory - MB Minimum Graphics Memory - MB Maximum Graphics Memory - MB Graphics Memory in Use MB Processor - Intel Pentium H T MHZ Processor Speed - MHZ Vendor ID - Device A new video card, let's play "you make the call"! ID - Device Revision - Accelerator Information Accelerator in Use A new video card, let's play "you make the call"! - Intel R G Express Chipset Family Video BIOS - Current Graphics Mode - by True Color Hz As you can tell by reading the spec s from that hyperlink is that my system is PCI-e compatible It says both PCI-e cards at x speeds and the type that are x speeds are compatible Now here is the trick my system can only use video cards that are deemed or called low profile meaning they have to be the sort that are approx half the width of a normal card They can t be to tall with huge stuff on the top of them or they won t fit into the system Now it s time for you all to play quot you make the call quot go ahead and fire away and tell me which video card I should run with Give me the low down on what you feel would be a good card for my system Also in regards to price I have almost to play with here so all cards would have to be real close or under that budget amount I m open to anything Nvidia ATI Radeon and the like Also to get a feel for what I would want to do with a good video card that would be to play some fairly current to slightly old video game titles Titles like Call of Duty quot Modern Warfare quot and Unreal Tournament III and Never Winter Nights and so forth I would need something to play those games and games like them For right now I m stuck playing games on that MB video adapter like Half Life Quake III Arena Half Life Blue Shift and Opposing Force Dues Ex and Unreal Tournament So please folks any input would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:A new video card, let's play "you make the call"!

Your motherboard has a single PCIe X16 slot that will fit a medium sized PCIe X16 video card. The more on-board video memory the video card has, the better the video will be. 32-bit XP will not see the entire 4GB of system RAM. It will "see" about 3.5GB of RAM total

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-new-video-card-lets-play-you-make-the-call.164085/
Relevancy 23.65%

I recently reformatted my os because of a virus. Now DVD's won't fill up the screen when I go into the full screen mode. There is a bar at the top and bottom of the screen. It also does it when streaming video from the internet in full screen mode.

A:Windows Media Player 11 won't play fullscreen

I understand that you recently killed off your hard drive and re-installed an O.S. But after the O.S. installation was complete, did we make sure that all the required video drivers were installed as well? Also seeing that you posted that this is about Windows Media Player, did you also go to a couple web sites and snooped around for some (codec) packages? Also you might want to go into Windows video setting, via the (display) or (display icon) in your (control panel) and see what your video settings are and maybe make the required adjustments.

Just a thought..................good luck in your quest for the answer!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-media-player-11-wont-play-fullscreen.163860/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with vista and every time i try to play a song from my external hdd i get an error message that says "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set associations control panel.

A:Unable to play music from external HDD

This is the normal instruction for setting up a file association.

1. Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button, typing "default programs" and then clicking Default Programs in the pop up list.
2. Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
This opens a list of extensions.
3. Choose the extension of the files that you wish to open then click on change program button.
4. Select the program you wish to associate the file with and click Ok.

If you have already done this try right clicking on the file and selecting open with then choose the player.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-play-music-from-external-hdd.162582/
Relevancy 23.65%

plzz anser my frend buy a the toshiba satellite a665-6081 win Processor*
Intel® Core? i3-370M Processor
Operating System*
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)*
Graphics Engine*
Mobile Intel® HD Graphics
Graphics Memory*
64MB-1696MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memor

Memory*
4GB DDR3 memory
Hard Drive*
500GB HDD (5400rpm)
Optical Drive*
DVD-SuperMulti (+/-R double layer) with Labelflash? driv
us game can play ????

A:The Toshiba Satellite a665-6081 can play PC games

no it cannot play modern games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-toshiba-satellite-a665-6081-can-play-pc-games.162124/
Relevancy 24.08%

hi techies ,
i would like to tell you know whether , will gta san andreas run on my new laptop comfortably . although the RAM is good but i doubt the processor
OK , here are the configurations

PROCESSOR: AMD athlon(tm) processor TF-20 1.60 GHZ
RAM: 3GB RAM
SYSTEM TYPE: 64-BIT
OPERATING SYSTEM:WINDOWS7 HOME PREMIUM
MANUFACTURER;ACER
ATI radeon hd3200 graphics up to 1408MB hyper memory
160 gb hdd

my main question is whether i will be run it on my processor ???

i tried to play crysis on my laptop but it was hanging

and if there is a problem then please specify that what should be upgraded .

thx in advance

A:Can I play GTA San Andreas with this configuration?

I doubt the processor and graphics could handle a "desent" San Andreas...You could still run it though i'd say.

Graphics upgrade wouldn't hurt though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-play-gta-san-andreas-with-this-configuration.161469/
Relevancy 25.37%

I purchased a refurbished HP blank DVD-R on music not 11 Windows Player will Media burn DC Core Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R Duo E GHz with a DVD -RW drive I am able to write music to a blank DVD-R using ImgBurn but Windows Media Player and will only write to a blank CD-R It will playback the DVD-R that I create on ImgBurn The DVD Device is HL-DT-ST Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R DVD RAM GH L The Operating System is XP Pro I had to purchase a DVD Decoder from Roxio in order to play a DVD movie in Windows Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R Media Player Is there something else that I need to purchase to write music on a blank DVD-R Or is there some setting that needs to be changed Someone suggested that WMP does not write to DVD-Rs but I have WMP on a PC with Vista and it writes to a blank DVD-R with no problem I wrote to the DVD-R on the Vista PC and I was able to read it on the XP Pro PC I just cannot write it on the XP Pro According to Microsoft WMP is supposed to write an audio file to a Data Disk nbsp

A:Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R

1. I would check current firmware version for the DVD and look for a firmware update
> Use Nero Infotool to see current drive info incl. firmversion and look if updates available

2. See if this might apply CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters

3. You might also try a DVD+R disc

/* EDIT */
Oh! i also just noticed you posted in the Introduce Yourself forum. Next time please post in the forum for topic

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-media-player-11-will-not-burn-music-on-blank-dvd-r.160814/
Relevancy 23.65%

Basically what the title is. What are your opinions and what would be the best card to buy?

A:What GPU would I need to play games maxed out on 1920x1080 resolution?

Are you looking for a single gpu or a SLI/Crossfire solution? Depends on what capabilities your motherboard has, power supply, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-gpu-would-i-need-to-play-games-maxed-out-on-1920x1080-resolution.160532/
Relevancy 47.3%

My buddy has a Sylvania mp3 model# smpk8854b. He came to me because when he plugs it in, it his computer can't even recognize that it's plugged in, he said he has tried on 3 other computers. So here I am with the same issue, my computer is uptodate on everything I can think of and it still wont do anything. I googled around and this problem seems to be happening alot, but with little variations, I downloaded the virtual CD that was suppose to come with it and as far as I can tell its junk as well, apparantly, a mp3 player that came out 2 years ago uses win98 material.

Anyway, any and all help is welcomed and I thanks in advance, theres a free dinner in it for me if I can get it working! lol

A:Major Sylvania sync issues

Anyone?

Been trying some more and havn't been able to come to any conclusion

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/major-sylvania-sync-issues.159271/
Relevancy 23.65%

For christmas i got a laptop and i have been having some problems with gaming. I know it is problably not ment to play these games but i was wondering if anyone could help me make it run faster (without lag)? It is a Compaq Presario CQ56-134CA.
It has,
3Gb of Memory
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M (i think this is the problem)
1309MB video memory
320GB Hard Drive

Thanks for your help.

A:How to make my laptop run faster to play 3D games like CS:S

you're probably going to have to turn the settings to as low as possible, and see what framerate you get. You can download FRAPS which can tell you the FPS. Then you can scale the settings until you get a frame rate that you're happy with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-make-my-laptop-run-faster-to-play-3d-games-like-cs-s.158952/
Relevancy 24.51%

Computer specs:NTEL CELERON D 3.06 GHZ,1gbRam,80 GB HD,Acer,im not sure what graphics card to get either thx for help if you help me guys.

A:Can I play games on my PC?

I guess the answer would be yes... but probably <5fps...

not really enough info for anyone to answer you. the model of the video card would really be helpful.

but I am guessing a celeron with only a gig of ram probably has a fairly unimpressive graphics card as well, unless its something you added later (assuming not though or youd know what it is).

and a celeron/1GB isnt a very powerful setup for gaming anyways, even with an awesome gpu...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-play-games-on-my-pc.157539/
Relevancy 24.08%

I checked the sounds section on the control panel, and the speakers work. However, there's no sound on winamp, windows media player, and no sound on YouTube. Restarted, shutdown and rebooted, installed latest updates, but still no sound. Winamp plays the mp3, but no sound. Using e-machines model # EL 1200 with Vista Home Basic. Sound, when working, gets distorted and there's acoustic shifts in locations, pitch, and depth. Checked with both browsers, and same problem.

A:MP3's won't play, no sound on YouTube

I'd try reinstalling the sound drivers but first uninstall them by first looking in Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the audio drivers you'll probably find listed in there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mp3s-wont-play-no-sound-on-youtube.157841/
Relevancy 23.65%

hey,
I have gateway DX4831-01e, and I was wandering what graphics card I should get in order to play in Ultra in 1600*900, if that's possible.

CPU : Intel Core i3 530 @ 2.93GHz
Motherboard : Gateway H57M01
Memory : DDR3 6GB

I'm sorry I'm not sure what power I have.
I was hoping to spend $100~130 at the most.
I live in the U.S.

Thanks a lot

A:Graphics card upgrade to play Starcraft II

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102865&cm_re=5750-_-14-102-865-_-Product

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-upgrade-to-play-starcraft-ii.156732/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi (budgeted) from music a Recommendations new recording building scratch computer for I would like to put together a computer with these software requirements in mind for reason record Intel P AMD Athlon XP at GHz or better multiple cores highly recommended GB RAM or more DVD drive GB free hard disk space Record may use up to GB cache disk space Windows XP SP Vista or later I currently have XP and would do Windows but I really don t care for Vista please don t figure in to the total and yes I will be getting a legal copy I would like to go the cheapest route Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music which I imagine would be building from scratch If I can stay under dollars that s Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music be best although spending a little more for a really nice system that will be good for a few years is favorable I found this as a starting point and would like to know the thoughts from the inside The only additional information I have is I have TB s that are waiting for a home Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music so I m not worried about storage and also the quieter the better as everything helps while recording Thank you very much in advance - Dinvex nbsp

A:Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music

You can do better with your budget. I recommend this:

AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - $57.99 + free shipping
GIGABYTE GA-MA74GM-S2 AM3\AM2+\AM2 AMD 740G mATX AMD Motherboard - $53.99 ($51.99 with M-Club discount) + variable shipping depending on location
OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit - $75.99 + $0.99 shipping
NZXT Beta EVO Chassis - CS-NT-BETA-EVO - $53.99 + free shipping
SeaSonic SS-300ET Bronze 300W ATX12V V2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - OEM - $39.99 + $8.57 shipping
ASUS Xonar DX PCI-E Sound Card - $79.99 ($59.99 after $20 MIR) + free shipping
Grand Total = ~$380, not considering rebates.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-building-a-new-budgeted-computer-from-scratch-for-recording-music.154550/
Relevancy 49.45%

i was watching some videos online and i tried to mute sounds from all the other stuff i was using at the tim and now i go back to my spotify and its says it cant play music because there is a problem with the sound card what do i do?

A:Spotify won't play music because of a problem with my sound?

Can you take a screen shot of the actual error message and post it? You might just have to re-install the sound card driver, but who knows you haven't given enough info yet to give you a good answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/spotify-wont-play-music-because-of-a-problem-with-my-sound.155625/
Relevancy 23.65%

Ok here we go, i got my laptop last year and i got a virus about 6 months ago. I had my laptop reset completely to factory settings. Before i got the virus and reset i could play: sims 3,democracy,fifa,call of duty, downloaded 3d games. Now i cant play any games hardly the screen goes black and it has an error on every single one then it says windows has stopped working

Info

Device:

name: SiS mirage 3 graphics
manufacturer: Silicon intergrated systems corp.
chip type: SiS672 series
DAC type: internal
Approx memory: 184mb
display mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60hz)
monitor: Generic Pnp monitor

Directx features:

directdraw: enabled
direct3d: enabled

Drivers:

Main driver: SISGRUMD.dll,SiSclone.dll,SiSfunc.dl
version: 8.14.0010.518 (english)
Date: 30/06/2010
WHQL logo'd: Yes
DDI version: 9Ex

please help me thanks i want to be able to play all the games i could before.

A:My laptop wont play games anymore

We need the model number and make of your laptop, as well as full system specs to help.
Although I can say right now, your integrated graphics sucks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-play-games-anymore.155366/
Relevancy 23.65%

I purchased a computer back in from CyberPower PC before I knew how to built them myself It s been running practically flawless since purchase up until recently The problem occurring could definitely be due to age but thought I should throw it up on here for some assistance Over the past couple days my computer has been randomly turning itself off during game play like the system has been unplugged About three times in Aion and once so far in Bad Company I thought it was due to overheating or dust or whatnot - so I ve cleaned up all the dust internally and set it up on a table leaflet so that it isn t sitting on carpet anymore After I gave it a thorough cleaning it worked perfect for about a day and a half and just recently went out on me again After it goes out it won t allow me to attempt to boot it back up for at least minutes Could this be due to overheating still I have never had an overheating issue or due to my psu going bad or getting old Also was concerned about my cpu chip and if it was overheating I also made sure driver s were updated all around had been having some graphical errors and everything seems to work perfect At one point I had SLI d cards in my computer but one of them seems to have burnt out My computer will no longer recognize it and if I make it the top card in my mobo it will blue screen with graphical errors so I removed it Been working off at video during game Computer play turning random fine since it s been removed Compy stats listed below Running Windows Vista -bit Coolermaster Cosmos Sport Case EVGA NForce I mobo Intel Quad Core Q Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX VR GB PC DDR x Computer turning off at random during video game play EVGA GeForce GT GB x PCI-E used to be two now only have one GB Sata-II RPM mb black Sony x DVD RW Apevia Warlock Series w PSU Any suggestions would be extremely helpful It s driving me insane nbsp

A:Computer turning off at random during video game play

Eh...why don't you check your temperatures?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turning-off-at-random-during-video-game-play.154189/
Relevancy 23.22%

I already made a topic earlier for advice on a graphics card but I return to you now with a new request I seek similar advice but now l have looking to Total Empire: upgrade smoothly play to Computer newb War an enlarged budget of about - dollars I will list the link of my last topic which will include all my stats http www techspot com vb topic - html I want to upgrade my computer enough so that it can Computer newb looking to upgrade to play Empire: Total War smoothly play the campaign battles Computer newb looking to upgrade to play Empire: Total War smoothly in Empire Total war smoothly and even with a little power left over or more http www systemrequirementslab com cyri analysis aspx This is the site I went to to check and apparentely my computer can t run Empire Total War What would I need to not only play the camapign in Empire Total War smoothly but also to play the battles smoothly Computer newb looking to upgrade to play Empire: Total War smoothly Which PSU graphics card would I need Within my budget are there other parts of my computer necessary to upgade such as RAM or maybe even the motherboard Particularly can and should I upgrade my Hard drive which is lacking at a mere GB and how much GB Thank you nbsp

A:Computer newb looking to upgrade to play Empire: Total War smoothly

Ok $300 can almost get you a new system. However, if you change the motherboard, you will have to re-install Windows; do you have a copy of Windows or will you need to buy one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-newb-looking-to-upgrade-to-play-empire-total-war-smoothly.153633/
Relevancy 23.65%

Right well other PSUs nicely won't play Slimline s3400f with HP I ve read some posts on here about Power Supply problems but haven t come across any with the same problem as mine - basically because it s in the morning and I m too tired to read through all of them Besides who would read them all anyway right Anyhoo here s my problem I have an HP Slimline pc model s in the title HP Slimline s3400f won't play nicely with other PSUs and for those of you who have owned SFF small form factor pc s you all know that they come with pint-sized PSU s Granted I am impressed by this tiny machine s will to live - by that I mean it is powering a ATI HD Radeon on a W PSU - I m lucky this thing is still kicking So in order to save this PSU a bit I ve wanted to upgrade to a higher powered unit I ve even bought an adapter for the main connector to accommodate this change I ve used a Corsair W PSU and also a hec Compucase HP D W PSU as upgrades to the tiny power unit BUT both have failed By failed I mean the Slimline shuts off shortly after powering on the system and sometimes it has issues even powering up the motherboard I suspect this because the optical drive spins up but the fans on the CPU and the Radeon GPU don t do anything sometimes Again both W PSU s stop working after the first day and when I go to plug back in the Slimline s W unit the system has no issue s what-so-ever So why am I putting myself through all of this Well as others have done I m trying to allow for more power to upgrade the video card A little voice in my head has finally chimed in and told me to leave the system the way it is and I m about to listen to it My reason for posting here is to see if anyone would happen to know why I m having these PSU problems For reference the motherboard model is M N -AR a mini-ITX board Its RAM is the standard GB that came with it The CPU has been upgraded to a Dual core Ghz Processor from a Ghz The GPU is the Radeon HD GB version with DVI and HDMI in LP mode The only other things the PSU powers directly is the DVD drive and the hard drive My thoughts for upgrades were to install an ATI HD Radeon hense the reason for the bigger PSU And to accommodate the physical change I was going to put all these parts into an Antec Six-hundred case and get a Card Reader to replace the one that s strictly fitted for the Slimline case But all that s hampered by the fact that no PSU upgrades will continue working on this tiny system All thoughts suggestions etc are welcomed Also if the guru s of the site need more info I can provide what you need to know and even get pics if that helps too Thanks in advance nbsp

A:HP Slimline s3400f won't play nicely with other PSUs

Really? No one has anything to share on this topic? I had hoped that in a couple days someone could shed some light on this problem, but a week's gone by and I got nothing?

That hurts guys.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-slimline-s3400f-wont-play-nicely-with-other-psus.148870/
Relevancy 24.08%

I recently switched from a laptop running Windows XP to one running Windows 7. On my XP laptop, I was able to burn DVDs (avi files) using Roxio and play them on a Marantz DVD player. When I burn the DVDs on my new laptop (also using Roxio), they will play on the laptop but not on the DVD player. I tried to burn the DVDs with and without "verify" but neither will play on the DVD player. I'm using the same type of DVDs, burning the same type of files, and using the same DVD player. The only thing that is different is my laptop. What do I need to do to make it work? Thanks for your help!

A:Burned DVD does not play on DVD player

You closing the session once complete? Sometimes I find some burning utilities set themselves as default to keep sessions open, so you can add more data later. It needs to be closed session before you can use it away from the computer.

Assuming everything is identical (as you've commented above) its the only thing I can think of.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burned-dvd-does-not-play-on-dvd-player.152336/
Relevancy 23.65%

About 3 days ago my laptop stopped playing videos online. some videos cause the browser to freeze, whilst some just dont work.
When i try and play a video off youtube it takes about 5 minutes, then starts playing. but when i try one off itv player or something it simply wont work.

i have had my computor checked for virus' and deleted everything like that. i have delete my browsing histroy/temporary internet files etc. and now i have run out of things to try!

i have a samsung r530 laptop, if that helps. and it isnt that old (only got it 5 months ago)

please can someone help me.
i am not that good with technological terms, so please can you explain it in simple terms

thank you so much for reading, and please can you help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-play-videos-online-anymore.151303/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi All
Was trying to burn a cd to play in my car, I have put them in mwa. formats but they will play but no sound comes out.I have got a cd that does play and checked properties on it and it says that its a cdfs file format, Now what format can I change the files into that will play in my car please?
Cheers Bill

A:CDfs? need file format to play in my car

If your car doesn't support MP3 or WMA formats, convert the files to .WAV first and then burn as an audio CD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cdfs-need-file-format-to-play-in-my-car.149464/
Relevancy 24.08%

the title says it all. my sound has no problem running. says its fine, the drivers are installed. everything. plays music, i can watch/listen to videos on the internet or downloaded to my comp. but whenever i start a game. esspecially AA3, AA2, Arma the audio will stop working throughtout THE WHOLE computer untill you restart it not just ingame. i've tryed waiting there but it wont come back until you reboot the system. then its fine again.

i've been trying to figure this out for a full day and havent got any sleep yet. i dunno what else to try. i use to have xp sp3 32bit but i uninstalled sp3 to sp2 because i have realtek and it's said realtek has a big problem with sp3. i'll upload the diax stuff or whatever. if there's anything else wrong tell me.

A:Sound works until I play games

here is an error msg when the audio isn't working and i go to trobleshoot on there. idk if it will help

DirectSound test results: Failure at step 19 (User verification of software): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-works-until-i-play-games.149422/
Relevancy 23.65%

I'm looking for a Windows laptop. I'm not looking to play Unreal 3 engine games at highest settings or Crysis or really anything new, the most important games are TF2 and CSS, and while people like to say how forgiving the Source engine is, I'd like to hear from someone who's certain of how the laptop will perform. I am in the U.S., linking to newegg is fine if that has the best price. Under $800 would be a good estimation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/college-laptop-good-price-able-to-play-games.149318/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi there, I wanted to know if it was possible to play a live web stream through VLC instead of watching it on the web browser. Reason why is because I go to Univision (spanish tv network) to watch the World Cup games live in HD but they're flash player is small and doesn't let me go full screen. Any info would be great, thanks.

A:Play a live webstream through VLC?

Can you use Windows Media Player instead?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/play-a-live-webstream-through-vlc.148436/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi - I hope someone can fill me in one this puzzle - my father's computer will play an audio file that is on the hard drive, such as wma file, but will not play other sounds:

will not play system sounds
will not play audio over the internet - I have tried both MS Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.

Soundcard is SoundMAX integrated digital audio, in an asus mb. Comp has been working fine for onver a year.

In "System," "Audio codecs" says "this device is working properly."

Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-via-web-browser-files-play-ok-on-hard-drive.146287/
Relevancy 23.65%

For some time now i ve had freeze hours after smooth of play Games a problem where after playing games for an extended period of time with no issue they will freeze and lock up my PC requiring a reboot The game will freeze sometimes loop the last sound playing and then cut to a solid Games freeze after hours of smooth play screen of colour that seems to be mostly random what colour it is Some information on my setup - Core Duo E overclocked from Ghz to Ghz with vcore - GB DDR Mhz at - - - - ATI GB vram and stock settings with latest drivers - Asus P B Deluxe ver Bios - W OCZ StealthxStream PSU - Windows -bit ultimate I ve ruled out overheating at least in any detetable way When gaming all temps report back green across the board I ve stress tested with Prime showing no errors It appears that the more graphically demmanding the game is the faster it freezes up I can run something like S T A L K E R Call of Pripyat high settings or the Bad Company Beta med settings on high for several hours but Bioshock high settings has frozen up within minutes of play I m really stumped by this problem it shows every indication of being a graphics overheat or if not that then an insufficient PSU but temps report fine and the PSU is rated for running an SLI setup without problems so a single high-end card shouldn t have it breaking a sweat Any help would be much appreciated I am open to any suggestions on how to pin this problem down Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Games freeze after hours of smooth play

--UPDATE--

I'm going to explore some other options in the meantime:
- Until now my motherboard voltages have been set to "Auto". This setting shortchanging on voltage could lead to instability but its difficult to believe that after years of using these settings without problems that something could be caused by it now.
- Run Memtest (though seems kind of useless after passing Prime95)
- Check for failing hard drives. This has caused issues in my system before and was fixed with replacement. Unfortunately high HDD wear is a continuing problem for a heavy user such as myself

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-freeze-after-hours-of-smooth-play.143119/
Relevancy 25.8%

Music visualizer for media players

Any one have any preferences or suggestions for a good one of these. I have had a look at WhiteCap but wondered what else there was out there that was as good or maybe even better?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-visualizer-for-media-players.146080/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a budget of 500-550. The purpose for this computer is for music production. Ill be using cu base 5, ill be using vsti such as east west, toon track superior drummer,trillian etc. (To give you guys more of a visual) Ill be running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Tomorrow ill look around for parts, prices, I just realize am better off of building my own unit.

As far as the mobo goes. I would like to get .....
500 gig hard drive
Graphics card. (I won't be doing any gaming, cheap one will be neat)
Motherboard (i need fire wire on it)
RAM (4-gigs) ddr2
Case (i need a case with good air flow)

Any suggestions , references....

A:Building Music Production Computer

Rock4MUSIC said:

I have a budget of 500-550. The purpose for this computer is for music production. Ill be using cu base 5, ill be using vsti such as east west, toon track superior drummer,trillian etc. (To give you guys more of a visual) Ill be running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Tomorrow ill look around for parts, prices, I just realize am better off of building my own unit.

As far as the mobo goes. I would like to get .....
500 gig hard drive
Graphics card. (I won't be doing any gaming, cheap one will be neat)
Motherboard (i need fire wire on it)
RAM (4-gigs) ddr2
Case (i need a case with good air flow)

Any suggestions , references....Click to expand...

I'm thinking that without gaming ambitions, the new Intel core i3 CPUs might meet your needs with their integrated graphics. These give pretty decent scores in
the Windows Experience Index, something like 4.9 for Areo, and 5.3 for business and gaming graphics. To the best of my knowledge, the matching H55/ H57 Intel chipset motherboards provide Fire Wire input.

You should first subscribe to Newegg's Email list, so you can grab your parts as they become available on sale.

Here is Intel's list of socket LGA1156 CPUs available at Newegg; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=2010340343 50001157 1051749233&name=LGA 1156

And the matching integrated graphics H55/ H57 boards in the Gigabyte brand; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...01314 1070549182 107173338&name=Intel H55/H57 Be sure to pick one with 4 memory sockets. (4 out or 5 do). I have this one; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128421

Please pay no attention to the bad reviews for this product, they were all written by imbeciles claiming, "high technical ability". I don't know squat about computers, and I had one of these systems up and running perfectly, with Windows 7 installed, in about 3 hours.

In fact, I'm hoping Newegg will offer "don't know squat" as a technical ability claim option. That way, I'll be able to check, "don't know squat", and report, "it works perfectly for me, 5 stars"!

Here is a test report done on a few of these boards at Techspot; http://www.techspot.com/review/259-intel-h55-motherboard-shootout/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-music-production-computer.145280/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a new-to-me desktop dell pentium windows xp pro SP dvd player tsst corp cdrwdvd ts-h no player music Dvd sound movie a cd, a with sound with has b also has samsung cd-rom sc- c software avast free malwarebytes spybot s d scan only spywareblaster currently off spywareguard currently off zonealarm free firewall hi techspot i am trying to solve another problem over Dvd player has sound with a music cd, no sound with a movie at bleeping computer having to do with streaming video on this computer i read about you--you were highly recommended for someone with a driver-related problem which this may be in trying to figure out my streaming video problem i tried out the cd player and the dvd player today for the first time the cd player works fine except sound is weak even at Dvd player has sound with a music cd, no sound with a movie top settings dvd player has pretty much the same sound as the cd player with a cd in it that is weakish sound When I put in a movie there is beautiful video but zero sound I tried a few different movies to make sure of the problerm other info default media player is wmp a former user seems to have used powerdvd i can play a movie using either wmp or powerdvd Neither have any sound i am happy to add new drivers etc but will need help Not sure if related to streaming video problem shuts down browsers explorer and firefox for you-tube and hulu as soon as video loads some short commercials ok video and sound appreciate ideas thanks wannabegeek nbsp

A:Dvd player has sound with a music cd, no sound with a movie

Sounds like you are missing some sound codecs, at the very least. Luckily Techspot can provide them for you...
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/615-klite-mega-codec-pack.html

Hope this solves your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-player-has-sound-with-a-music-cd-no-sound-with-a-movie.144849/
Relevancy 24.51%

When I play a video online its distorted. Sometimes it looks like pigments are scrambled or part of it will be black for a second or the whole picture will turn one color mostly green. What should I do? I have already uninstalled flash player and reinstalled updated version. Windows vista home basic. Internet Explorer 7

A:Videos don't play right

What are your computers specs? What operating system are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-dont-play-right.144828/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello. i have a ps1 with an rca cable. id like to play it and view it on my lcd monitor, my monitor only has a dvi-d plug-in on the back. I've read that rca is analog and dvi-d is digital so an adapter doesn't exist.

Would this work?
http://www.amazon.com/EasyCap-DC60-Capture-Adapter-Software/dp/B000Z4AQFU

If not please help me out.

A:Trying to play my PS1 and view it on my LCD monitor

Not sure if that's the right type of adapter since it's USB but I do know that you will need some kind of video converter box to use the game system. The PS1 doesn't support higher resolutions so it will probably look like garbage but I'm sure it's possible. Heck, the PS2 supported a max of 1080i and even that looked meh so good luck.

You could try using an RCA to VGA... something like this. Although a lot of those "converting" boxes/adapters are notorious for producing lousy output.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-play-my-ps1-and-view-it-on-my-lcd-monitor.144350/
Relevancy 24.08%

ok so i just fixed my dell demension 2400 and i download world of warcraft and it wont let me play it it keeds saying error what do i do

A:Why can't I play world of warcraft?

Possibly a better video card? What are the system specs? Things like amount of hard drive space and installed memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-cant-i-play-world-of-warcraft.143377/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello! everyone...
Well, I don't know much about computer networking. So I decided to take some tips and advises form the experts like you.
Can I connect my PC with another one simply using a Ethernet cable or Cat5 to play multi-player games like unreal tournament 3, crysis and many more.
If yes then describe the procedure step by step. I don't have an internet connection.
Thanks!!!

A:Need help to play Multiplayer Games

you will need a router, you can find one at walmart. and two Ethernet cables

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-to-play-multiplayer-games.143523/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello! everyone...
Well, I don't know much about computer networking. So I decided to take some tips and advises form the experts like you.
Can I connect my pc with another one simply using a Ethernet cable or Cat5 to play multiplayer games like uneal tournament 3, crysis and many more.
If yes then describe the procedure step by step. I don't have an internet connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-to-play-multiplayer-games.143522/
Relevancy 21.07%

my computer is put together from like a couple other computers but it runs internet and everything fine.
i just put a new graphics card in it but dont have the disk to install it.
when i have the card in the computer prior to turning on the computer the computer will turn on but nothing gets sent to the monitor unless the graphics card is out of the computer when i turn it on and put it in afterwards. the card gets power to it and everything but dont seem to be working.

if anyone can help me that would be super! i miss playing wow THANKS

A:WoW says "failed to find suitable display device exiting program" when I try to play

Hi

you answered your own question, you need the drivers for the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wow-says-failed-to-find-suitable-display-device-exiting-program-when-i-try-to-play.142247/
Relevancy 26.23%

My favorite music player is "Winamp Media Player"

1. Flash Music Player
2. sidebar music players
3. RealPlayer 10

What is your favorite music player?

A:Favorite music player?

i just use itunes, since most of the time I only want to have the music playing the bacground, i don't really care for the download options that it gives or the visualizer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/favorite-music-player.141715/