Windows Support Forum

RAM preventing boot

Q: RAM preventing boot

Hi all, my pc has been playing up for a while, it has gone through 3 CMOS batteries in the space of 5 months, but just now it has presented a new issue (could be related), with two sticks of RAM in, it posts and boots the os as normal... With 3 in, it will post and get through BIOS, but it starts loading OS and jumps back to BIOS again... Now with 4 sticks in, it wont even post... Are there any suggestions

My PC specs...
Penryn 1600SLI-110dB mobo
Intel quad core q6700
And (now only) 4gb ram

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: RAM preventing boot

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: RAM preventing boot

Try one stick at a time

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-preventing-boot.214773/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

I recently felt the urge to experiment with Linux and installed Ubuntu Mint and tried to set up dual booting.

However I seem to have only suceeded in preventing Windows booting at all. I cannot get into the recovery drive to undo my wrong doing.

How can I reset the windows boot manager without access to windows or recovery partitions?

Many thanks in advance from a frustrated fool!

A:Dual Boot Linux preventing Windows boot

Hi there
Try this -- although it says W7 the same mechanism works for W8 / W8.1

uninstall - Removing GRUB from windows system after uninstalling Ubuntu from Windows 7 - Ask Ubuntu

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49811-dual-boot-linux-preventing-windows-boot.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 running Vista, It has always worked like a champ.

Well last night and today I go to turn on the computer and it stays frozen at the BIOS Screen. It wont boot up beyond that. I disconnected all USB devices from the tower and it boots up just fine, and works if I plug them in once the computer is completely booted.

I restarted the computer again with just a USB keyboard plugged into the computer and same thing, freezes at the BIOS screen, wont start up or enter a boot menu or anything.

Please help!

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello My problem right now is that my computer is unable to boot in Windows Home Premium Every time i try to boot the windows flag will begin to form and specifically when the red and green dots touch for the BSoD preventing boot is first time it will restart or give me BSoD when automatic restart is disabled The BSoD error code is x b I CAN boot from Windows which is set up as a dual boot on the SAME DISK in a different partition I BSoD is preventing boot CAN access the windows recovery console both from the HARD DISK OR Windows SP DISK I have tried all troubleshooting methods suggested to me and found on the internet including Startup-repair Sometimes returns no error found Othertimes says unable to repair Problem is that quot startuprepair offline quot Chkdsk No errors found using r or f SFC SCANNOW Will not run using offline mode quot Could not perform requested operation quot Attempting to boot in any version of safe BSoD is preventing boot mode will load drivers down to CLASSPNP sys and automatically restart Evidently I didn't have dumps enabled from before How do i enable dumps without booting into the bad partition BSoD is preventing boot Something in the registry How do i fix this issue so that i can boot my system

A:BSoD is preventing boot

Code:
STOP 0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Usual causes: Hard drive, File system, Boot sequence errors, Device driver, Virus infection (in particular check the MBR)
Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using CrystalDiskInfo:CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
Make scans with the following:

-Kaspersky TDSSKillerAnti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
-ESET online scannerFree Online Virus Scanner | ESET
Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website:Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Hard drive test both short and long with: SeaTools for Windows
Also the DOS version of:SeaTools for DOS
SeaTools for DOS tutorial

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/270674-bsod-preventing-boot.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I was playing a game for a while when all of a sudden with no warning a BSOD flashes and the computer immediatly restarts Feeling slightly uneased I allowed the computer to boot normally but was met with another BSOD This Various boot preventing BSOD's one was titled quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot with a stop error beginning with x I then tried to do good old fashioned Safe Mode but what shown quot MEMORY MANAGEMENT Various BSOD's preventing boot quot with the stop error quot x A quot Last Known Various BSOD's preventing boot Good Config same as above Seeing the word quot memory quot I ran Memtest I had before I let it stop However when I googled these error messages people find that they have simple fixes but the fixes they speak of require a boot into the OS I now tried to boot it again and the new error is x E I cannot run startup repair I cannot go into safemode I can go into BIOS I m running Windows bit Crucial Rendtion DDR Core Duo E and Gigabyte GA -G M Should I just call it quits and RMA or does nayone haev any ideas nbsp

A:Various BSOD's preventing boot

Try a different graphics card. If the graphics in the game were intensive, especially, the card may have overheated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/various-bsods-preventing-boot.952615/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Problem is that the Monitor is preventing my PC from booting From cold start the PC stops mid boot at quot Check VRAM Monitor Boot Preventing quot on the LCD Poster Monitor Preventing Boot even a reset will not clear it However if I unplug the DVI cable from the monitor and reset the PC but not plug the monitor in the PC will boot and go into windows I know this because I can then plug the same monitor in Monitor Preventing Boot and its working fine until it either goes to sleep or is shut down and then the same thing happens Monitor Preventing Boot again I m on the third monitor now If I plug another monitor in I have no problems at all shut down fine restarts fine Ive tried different DVI cables and different GFX cards I just don t understand what or where the problem lies It can t be drivers because those aren t even loaded at the time the PC stops I ve re-flashed the BIOS till Im sure its near its end life Ive had the motherboard RMA s with no problems the memory been upgraded and passed memtest over hrs Ive run DMArk times and no lockups BSOD etc PSU is Watts and I have swapped that out for another Watt unit Any suggestions would be gratefully rec d DAve PC Specs below CPU E Ghz Mem GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR MB Asus Striker Formula Bios GFX Zotac Amp Edition GT mb x SLi OS Win bit Professional Retail Mon AMW X WPS quot x Mhz Cooling x mm fans nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-preventing-boot.897725/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,
I have two files whch I cannot delete. Namely Apache and MYSQL. They have been
erased in the registry and everywhere else. These files are located in Computer
Management in the Services folder. I see NO method of deleting them. I be very
grateful if you could tell me how to achieve this.
regards
Gerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/deleting-two-rogue-files-preventing-installation-which-are-preventing-reinstall.586393/
Relevancy 49.45%

Greetings Over the last few weeks I was getting some random stop errors at various times They became more frequent and now I cannot even start windows without a stop error I had begun troubleshooting both my sticks of RAM and both passed MemTest I haven t added any new hardware recently either I ve also checked my drive with SeaTools for DOS This is Seagate s HD Diagnositc tools which also works with Maxtor drives which is what I m dealing with I m stuck because I also get the stop error in Safe Mode which I have never had happen before However now that it crashes on boot it always gives the same error x D DRIVER CORRUPTED MMPOOL Also I m working on getting my drive to read a copy of UBCD Win which I still haven t sucessfully done And also I m working on getting SystemRescueCD to work I ve gotten further with that one in that it actually recognizes it as bootable but boot Partiular preventing BSOD freezes at various points while booting Does anyone have any advice on what I can try next I need to somehow access my drive and perform some more tests diagnostics on it but from outside Windows since it won t boot Many thanks I ll happily supply any more info that is needed nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Windows XP PC dedicated to a machine that is constantly sending data via a serial port to the PC When we power up preventing at boot device discovery the system the PC will sometimes think that the serial data coming in is a quot new device quot and installs it as a serial mouse When the boot process is complete the PC runs a program from the Startup folder When this program tries to open the serial port it is blocked by the quot serial mouse quot it thinks is there We have tried many things to prevent this problem Disabling the mouse in Device Manager works for a while but eventually XP decides preventing device discovery at boot there is something wrong and does things like disable the COM port We have tried disabling the Plug N Play services using MSCONFIG This does not seem to prevent the detection of the quot serial mouse quot on boot up We have a fixed preventing device discovery at boot set of hardware and software for this system that will never change So I d like to just disable all or serial device discovery on boot up How is this done on XP Thanks nbsp

A:preventing device discovery at boot

You've started this thread a week ago for the same issue. Why are you starting a new thread?

------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/preventing-device-discovery-at-boot.921647/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys I would like to thank you in advance for checking this out and possibly giving me some insight on what the problem might be System specs OS- Windows Vista Home Premium bit SP Motherboard- Gigabyte ga-ma gm-us h CPU- AMD Athlon x Black Edition ghz RAM- Crucial DDR PC - mhz GBx Dual Channel Video Card- Visiontek HD Radeon mb HDD - Western Digital SATA GB HDD - Seagate error preventing boot-up POST SATA GB PS- Thermaltake Purepower w About days ago I put the parts together correctly Fired up the system installed the listed OS and everything worked great Everything worked I installed the drivers from the cd's POST error preventing boot-up of the different components Today I thought I should update my OS It downloaded the new updates and during about mid way installing of the new updates the computer just shut off I didnt see the 'Windows is shutting down' or anything just went off I turned it back on and I got this error during post 'Verifying DMI Pool Data WARNING EES is turned off Please use EES application to turn it on again Press any key to continue' I press any key and it does nothing I can still get into BIOS I went in there and selected fail-safe default settings I still receive the same error I have no idea what 'EES' may be or what caused it POST error preventing boot-up There is nothing on my HDD that I need to salvage or anything Thank you for your time and insight

A:POST error preventing boot-up

You might have a hardware failure.
use this site to figure whats wrong.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000474.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/post-error-preventing-boot-up-351911.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Guys I have been spending the last days trying to reinstall the OS on my Area I had to take out the HDD and reformat it in another PC as I was getting a boot loop that would start right after the quot windows is loading files quot screen and then loop back to the Alienware boot screen So since then I put the HDD back in and unplugged all USB connections and everything besides the keyboard and monitor I was able to get to the OS installation screen and then at the end of the install the PC restarted and told me that windows has encountered an OS Boot preventing Loop installation error and gave me choices to restart in safe mode and on down the list but no attempt to repair It did ask me to put the disk back in and boot from the DVD drive which I Boot Loop preventing OS installation did but it never goes back to the installation So I then took out the battery on the motherboard and put it back also took out the GPU and put it back in I was then able to get back to the Windows installation screen but after the PC had to restart I ended up back in the same place with the Windows error and safe mode options none of which work So am I looking at an issue with the MIO by chance the MOBO battery maybe or what I m not sure why I m having these issues while just trying to reinstall Boot Loop preventing OS installation the OS on a clean drive Also could this be because I m using x GB RipjawsX RAM rather then the triple channel which I am getting today Can I just remove the memory and try to boot without it in Or is it possible this could be due to the MOBO battery starting to go I really need some help with this one I don t know what else to try really Any help would be greatly appreciated as always Thanks guys Alienware Area- A BIOS Alienware J M Core i G Skill RipjawsX Gx Samsung Spinpoint F GB TB MB cache hard drive POWER SUPPLY Alienware Watt Multi-GPU Approved ATI Radeon HD x Optical Lite-On X Dual-Layer Burner DVD RW Win home premium -bit nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

My computer is infected with the FBI ransom ware virus. I am following the protocol from bleepingcomputer.com which uses HitmanPro on a USB drive. The protocol calls for the system to be booted from the USB drive which has HitmanPro on it. The system uses F12 to access the boot menu which seems to work normally. I select the USB drive and on the following screen the number 1.  The protocol says that HitmanPro is supposed to start but it never does. The screen simply stays blank. Any help you can provide would help.

A:FBI ransomware preventing HitmanPro boot?

to BC forums, resolve14!
Let's give a Puppy (Linux) bootable USB a try to remove the ransomware files.
You need a clean computer and a USB pen/flash drive to make a bootable USB drive with Puppy.
Then, you can work from the USB pen/flash drive without having to install the Puppy Operating System.Part I:
Download > http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/puppy-5.6/
Select: slacko-5.6-PAE.iso
Save to the Desktop.
Also use the Universal USB Installer (UUI) to create a bootable USB drive with Puppy.
Download > http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/#button
Press the green button for the free download.
After the download is complete, connect a USB pen/flash drive (all files on the drive will be overwritten!) and open the UUI program.
In the Setup your Selections Page window, click the drop arrow by:
Step 1: Select a Linux Distribution
Use the drop arrow, scroll down, and select: Slacko Puppy
Step 2: Select your .iso > Click the Browse button.
Locate the slacko-5.6-PAE.iso file downloaded to the Desktop, and click: Open
Step 3: Select your USB Flash Drive Letter
Use the drop arrow, and select the drive letter of the USB pen drive you want to use for Puppy Linux.
Also check the following option: Format Drive (Erases Content)
(To make sure you are using the correct drive letter, go to Start > My Computer, and note the letter of the USB pen drive.)
Click: Create
The Universal USB Installer warns it will close all open windows, format the selected drive, and turn it into a bootable Puppy USB drive.
Click Yes to continue.
Click Close when you get to the Installation Complete window.
Use the Safe to Remove icon on the Taskbar to unplug the USB pen drive from the clean computer.Part II:
Now, make sure the ransomed computer is configured to boot from USB.
Plug the USB pen drive, and boot from it to use Puppy.Now in Puppy...
Once Puppy starts, a Personalize Settings prompt appears.
Select the time zone.
When the Internet Connection prompt appears, close it, for there is no need to establish a connection.
At the Puppy Desktop, click the Mount icon.
On the next prompt, select the Windows drive where you want to access files. You should be able to recognize it by its size.
Once the Windows drive is mounted, a screen showing its Folders/Files appears.
Find the Windows folder, and click on it.
Look for your Startup Folder which is located at the following path in XP:Documents and Settings\<username>\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Folder(Replace <username> with the appropriate name.)
Take note of the files (not folders) listed in the Startup folder.
When done, power-off by going to: Menu > Shutdown > Power-Off
Remove the USB pen drive.>> Please post in your reply the names of the files found in the Startup folder.Part III:
Another option is to use a Puppy CD.
A Windows application called BurnCDCC, burns ISO files to CD, and nothing else, so, if you wish to use it, you can't go wrong.
Download > http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/utilities.html
Make sure the problem computer is set to boot from a CD.
Place the newly created Puppy CD into the CD/DVD-drive of the problem computer, and boot from it.
Follow the instructions above starting at: Now in Puppy...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520092/fbi-ransomware-preventing-hitmanpro-boot/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, trying to fix my daughters laptop. Last night it locked up and displayed a page claiming to be from the Metropolitan Police, saying ' your pc has been locked due to one of the following reasons ... Blah Blah Blah' pay us ?100 and we'll unlock it.

Every time I boot up, it goes to the same page and if I hit F8 and attempt to boot up in safe-mode it gets to the starting windows bit and then shuts down and reboots normally, ending up at the same page ....

Any ideas please?

Laptop running Win 7 if that helps

A:Virus preventing safe boot

You will need a USB (Flash) pendrive.

For 32bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.
Downloading Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

For 64bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.
Downloading Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

Enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer.
As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account and click Next.
To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:Insert the installation disc.
Restart your computer.
If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
Click Repair your computer.
Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account an click Next.
On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt

Select Command Prompt
In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
The tool will start to run.
When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
Place a check next to List Drivers MD5 as well as the default check marks that are already there
Press Scan button.
FRST will let you know when the scan is complete and has written the FRST.txt to file, close out this message, then type the following into the search box:
services.exe
now press the search button
when the search is complete, search.txt will also be written to your USB
type exit and reboot the computer normally
please copy and paste both logs in your reply.(FRST.txt and Search.txt)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/virus-preventing-safe-boot-676186.html
Relevancy 48.59%

well i got things sorted but this become so popular so for all newbies here sometimes your protection may prevent u from booting into your windows so far sumantec can be pain why don t they - make easy uninstall - why they make your system a brick - why the hell u cannot remove them in safe mode - if u not a tech - u screwed cause your paid software prevents y from booting well y don t know that anyway ok i don t only system again boot antivirus Popular preventing refer to sumantec co nod - paid antivirus no free just trial - after few monts computer become brick - and no boot to windows - even block access Popular antivirus preventing system boot again to safe mode - so y need really harsh tech knowledge and hours working to get things back to normal again antivirus plays games It is not just sumantec and nod also AVG does that kaspersky etc and everyone will say why the hell did y visited that site etc ok now to the point quot Popular antivirus preventing system boot again windows xp loading bar endless load quot - nowhere i got answer like probably your antivirus is blocking your system when of the time he is the aggressor and u are the victim see ya just had a free time english no main language sorry nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/popular-antivirus-preventing-system-boot-again.1011928/
Relevancy 48.59%

Vista bit OS The system will not boot It keeps going in a loop over and over again When I use OEM vista disc that is genuine it system is starting? from No preventing Boot Patch runs thru the recovery repair process and says that a patch file is preventing the system from booting I have tried to restore but there is no restore point saved I have ran a Patch is preventing system from starting? No Boot few tools to try and fix but nothing has worked I have used the cmd exe utility to do the following chkdsk f r Everything is fine I have used bootrec exe to Fixmbr and also Fixboot I have also done the following bcdedit export C BCD Backup c cd boot attrib bcd -s -h -r ren c boot bcd bcd old bootrec RebuildBcd I have read on other boot loop issues and also went to the C Windows Winsxs and tried to delete pending xml and there is nothing there to delete I am able to access the log file that shows that last update being Windows Defender but shows successful I am not able to boot in safe mode or thru recovery I ran f-secure iso and ran but nothing was found malware etc I was able to install ubuntu via thumb drive to retrieve MY Documents but I really do not want to do a fresh install Any ideas on this one Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/patch-is-preventing-system-from-starting-no-boot.971290/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I decided to upgrade to Vista today from Windows Xp Rather than doing the upgrade process I decided to start off with a fresh format install Unfortunately after the first reboot in the Vista setup process where Vista attempts to load data from the HDD the system would just sit there after post as if the Vista From Boot XP Preventing Loader Vista's Installing loader couldn t properly detect the partition I currently don t have time to troubleshoot the Vista problem with my system so in desperation I have tried to go back to XP I am able to boot into Windows XP setup format the drive and copy over the beginning essential files However after the system reboots after the initial copy of the data XP is not capable of booting from the hard drive It just sits there and nothing happens this was not a problem before I tried to install Vista To check if a problem had occurred with the drive Vista's Boot Loader Preventing XP From Installing I installed Ubuntu Linux Ubuntu is able to boot from the drive without any problems However when Ubuntu loads grub it detects the following on the MBR Windows Vista Longhorn Loader The Vista loader appears to be preventing Windows XP from properly booting from the hard drive The drive is a Western Digital gb I have gbs set aside for Windows to boot from The rest of the drive is another partition with files I cannot afford to lose I hope someone can help me this has been a frustrating afternoon Thanks in advance for your time nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Greetings everyone Thanks in advance for any help Our PC has been showing erratic behavior including problems booting preventing boot (scvhost.exe) Trojan infection up MBAM is detecting svchost exe Trojan infection preventing boot (scvhost.exe) attempting to regularly hit various IP addresses Re-booting after the MBAM check does not fix the problem Here are the specs on the machine Dell XPS L X Intel Core i - M GB RAM bit system Windows Here is our MBAM log Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Trial www malwarebytes org Database version v Windows Service Pack x NTFS Internet Explorer Zeynep ZEYNEP-PC administrator Protection Enabled AM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Quick scan Scan options enabled Memory Startup Registry File System Heuristics Extra Heuristics Shuriken PUP PUM Scan options disabled P P Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s Memory Processes Detected C Windows svchost exe Trojan Agent - gt - gt Delete on reboot C Windows svchost exe Trojan Agent - gt - gt Delete on reboot Memory Modules Detected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Detected No malicious items detected Registry Values Detected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Detected No malicious items detected Folders Detected No malicious items detected Files Detected C Windows svchost exe Trojan Agent - gt Delete on reboot end nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

This is a strange problem Last night I wanted to put the computer to sleep as I always do at night The mouse was frozen and the keyboard Sleep function didn t work I thought a reboot would solve it but upon restarting the computer would not boot I went through the Repair Option Safe - nothing worked I decided to do a System Restore with an Acronis Backup image and that also failed to allow boot I thought I might have a bad hdd and was starting to shut down the comp to replace it so I unplugged the external drives and all of a sudden it worked after reboot I ran full Diagnostic test and hdds boot Solved: External preventing it is fine Any idea what could have caused this - BTW the hdds are now plugged in and everything is fine After I unplugged the hdds and rebooted my CPU went from a normal to - now back to normal Last thing after I rebooted last night I put the computer to Sleep only to have it wake up on its own - that problem is also corrected I am wondering if a component is starting to fail - hope not this comp is only months old Thanks Paul nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Everyone,

Would someone please tell me why my computer runs a file check on a drive each time the computer boots? I have 3 physical hard drives, C:, D:, E:, and each time the computer boots it checks the E: drive for errors. I have no scheduled tasks running, so how can I prevent the file check?

Thanks.

Byn

Relevancy 48.59%

This problem has been frustrating me for several days now and i'm in need of some help I'm attempting to dual boot Windows x with the Vistax i currently have installed on my Acer Aspire I have created a new simple volume partition of GB on my drive and have attempted to do a clean install on this drive using the Windows iso DVD I Boot Configuration - Preventing Problem Install HELP made The files are all extracted updates are installed and everything runs smoothly until after the system has restarted during the installation launching Windows where it attempts to quot finalize quot or quot complete quot installation The progress bar gradually makes its way towards completion when all of a sudden it tells me that quot Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration Installation cannot proceed quot I have read many forums offering advice on this error with no success for my problem I have attempted the registry fix with PartMgr which didn't need to be fixed in the first place and have also attempted installation Boot Configuration Problem Preventing Install - HELP with Norton Antivirus uninstalled Each with no success If anyone has any advice on how I can get this dual boot to work it would be much appreciated BC

A:Boot Configuration Problem Preventing Install - HELP

This is a guess but I just did a fresh install today and after updating two drivers and installing Live Mail and Avast, I had used 17.2GB. I know the min. requirements but I would try a 25-30GB partition and see if that works. That's the easiest thing I can think may work. Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/8555-boot-configuration-problem-preventing-install-help.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My Win2k system has started giving me an error that 'the file D:\winnt\system32\config\system.sav is missing or corrupted' when I try to boot. I never get to the desktop.

I've tried the Windows Installayion repair tool via booting from the CD, and it finishes doing its thing, but I still get the error.

Any idea on how I can fix this?

A:'corrupted' system.sav file preventing boot

system.sav is part of your registry, so it is pretty vital to your system, only thing i can say is copy system.sav from another computer and put it onto yours and hope it will boot enough to let you start backing up data and then do a re-install, because there are alot of settings and software specific settings in that file it isnt one you can just restore and go about your business.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/16311/corrupted-systemsav-file-preventing-boot/
Relevancy 48.59%

nbsp nbsp Evidently while trying to take advantage of the Windows Upgrade somehow some damage was done to a system is up return back to code: not to problem 0xc0000001 to able up order me laptop Toshiba with able didn't boot the and correctly, boot my Windows Error a being Windows after from preventing in 10 thoughts? 8.1. Any the download to upgrade am I file s from my old nbsp Windows OS pertaining to a missing or Error code: 0xc0000001 is preventing me from being able to boot up after a problem with the Windows 10 upgrade didn't download correctly, and I am not able to boot up my Toshiba laptop in order to return the system back to Windows 8.1. Any thoughts? damaged file nbsp windows system boot winload exe nbsp nbsp which in turn rewflects Error code: 0xc0000001 is preventing me from being able to boot up after a problem with the Windows 10 upgrade didn't download correctly, and I am not able to boot up my Toshiba laptop in order to return the system back to Windows 8.1. Any thoughts? an Error code nbsp xc nbsp At any rate as a result I am not able to boot up without an installation disc nor perform the requested quot Restart quot to continue with the Windows reinstallation because of this Error and missing file s and am at my wits end nbsp Please does anyone have any idea what my best course of action might be at this point as I have seeminglly tried everything that I could think of for the better part of two weeks now nbsp Last night a gal that lives a few doors down checked in on me because she hadn't seen me for those two weeks and was just pretty concerned about whether I was allright or not and she suggested that I take the laptop to an outside Technician but unfortunately I am a disabled nbsp U S Veteran and I just don't have alot of money to work with nbsp If someone could please help me with this litlle bit of a predicament I would surely appreciate it more than you could ever know nbsp Thank you nbsp And I Wish you Happy Holidays nbsp nbsp nbsp -Otto Pedersen

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d94da9ff-01ed-40ad-9fde-b9ea54f95ad2/error-code-0xc0000001-is-preventing-me-from-being-able-to-boot-up-after-a-problem-with-the-windows?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello So From Windows Loading. Preventing Boot File(s) Missing I was using my laptop a few weeks ago without the charger and it died on me When I went to turn it on the next day while it was plugged in I got this bootmgr error http i imgur com CMO qX jpg I got a startup repair disk on eBay which enabled me to try the Startup Repair tool SEVERAL times and it didn t work I ve also tried the bootrec fix the diskpart fix and bcdedit via command prompt Missing Boot File(s) Preventing Windows From Loading. and none of them worked I m including screencaps of those attempts http i imgur com Missing Boot File(s) Preventing Windows From Loading. MUpOKnX jpg http i imgur com OIhjhtF jpg http i imgur com i MKqdI jpg http i imgur com XNzgkBu jpg http i imgur com OyddI jpg The only thing I can figure is that I m completely missing the boot partition volume but Im not sure what to do Also Windows isn t listed on the System Recovery box that first pops up http i imgur com pISIhFc jpg and system restore doesn t even work http i imgur com dVhsR V jpg When I hit quot load drivers quot it lets me browse my system folder with a TON of system files and I have no idea what to select to load these drivers Thank you for any help nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I recently built a new PC, using a SSD for my OS. Deciding I needed more space for games I installed an old hard drive that used to have my OS on it. I removed both the Programs Files and the Windows file from the old hard drive using IOBit Unlocker, and shut down my computer with out a problem.

When I came to start it up again I found that it doesn't boot past the windows loading icon, doesn't load system restore, or safe mode. After removing the hard drive it works fine! I have tried hot switching it while windows had already started but it doesn't install (althought it is detected, all the information is left empty in the device manager). I have tried different cables and SATA slots, I have tried booting just the SSD while the HDD is still installed, and I have tried changing the boot order. Help!

A:Samsung HD321KJ Dard Drive preventing boot

Quote: Originally Posted by HardrivesOfHell

IOBit Unlocker

First off I'd recommend this IObit Products - Uninstall Completely

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/374535-samsung-hd321kj-dard-drive-preventing-boot.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys Here is my tale of bewilderment - my computer was running fine last night when I switched off Now I switch on this morning and the computer freezes on windows startup - on the blue bar that moves accross windows preventing boot? hard Slave drive the screen when you see the windows splash image windows Slave hard drive preventing windows boot? k I m pretty sure nothing has changed between switching off last night and now I didn t update any drivers install anything etc etc The setup I have now has been running fine for the past month which is when I added this hard drive to my comp I m running Windows Seagate Barraccuda gb SATA HDD lots of other lovely components Any ideas as to where I should start trying to figure out what has happened would be appreciated I ran some stability checks to make sure the cpu motherboard are fine and it seems that they are since this is an overclocked computer it s easy to blame stuff on a CPU generating errors Thanks for any insight nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi nbsp For an unknown reason my guess is an update was automatically applied and automatically restarted my computer a that is to pending successful a update boot removing preventing How rebooted overnight and How to removing a pending update that is preventing a successful boot in the morning was stuck in a failed boot loop nbsp When trying to boot I get the message nbsp quot Preparing to configure windows quot quot Do not turn off your computer quot nbsp Then after a few seconds the computer reboots and does the same thing nbsp Safe mode yields the same result nbsp Using the F option to restore last known good configuration doesn't change anything nbsp I can boot into the recovery console nbsp I have tried running SFC SCANNOW in a command prompt in the recovery console and get the message nbsp quot There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete Restart Windows and run sfc again quot nbsp Restarting of course doesn't change anything nbsp So it seems something happened to an unfinished update and is still pending nbsp I think if I How to removing a pending update that is preventing a successful boot can remove this pending update I might be able to boot normally or at least run SFC and hopefully then boot normally nbsp nbsp Does anyone know what I should try to remove this pending update that appears to be preventing a successful boot nbsp Thanks

A:How to removing a pending update that is preventing a successful boot

Hello deuce_mn,
This is the command to run when booted offline at a recovery command prompt
dism.exe /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions
This is supposed to revert all pended updates, however if System Restore is not working, then there may be other issues as wellThanks, Darrell Gorter This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. VAMT - Volume Activation Management Tool - Download link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ec7156d2-2864-49ee-bfcb-777b898ad582&displaylang=en

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/48d20da9-0535-462f-b177-f30f48992203/how-to-removing-a-pending-update-that-is-preventing-a-successful-boot?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 48.16%

I don errors Multiple Windows preventing boot BSOD t what aspects of my system are relevant or even where to begin with the complicated crashes happening on my Multiple BSOD errors preventing Windows boot desktop I am running Vista bit with MSE on it MSE unexpectedly told me it was infected with a Trojan Win Hiloti gen D and then my pc immediately shut down When attempting to reboot windows failed to boot I rebooted in safemode repaired the infection with MSE cleared my temp files and registry with CCleaner and than ran a Spybot S amp D scan Everything checked out When I booted it up again I got a BSOD I think the first may have been something like a NVStor sys file causing the error I booted it up in safemode and tried to uninstall my nvidia driver I thin got a storport sys BSOD From then on I got BSODs instantly whenever I logged in and sometimes while logging in Multiple BSOD errors preventing Windows boot to windows errors like executive commands failed if parameter if parameter nvstor sys storport sys Sorry for the very vague descriptions of the errors but I am unable to get codes or logs or anything because I can t get into Multiple BSOD errors preventing Windows boot windows in any manner safe mode or not I am doubtful that it is a hardware issue because I already resat every card ran a memory diag and unplugged every hard drive except the one with vista on it I ve tried a lot of the recovery options on the vista recovery disc but none of them seem to work I really want to avoid formatting and then doing a clean install

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392434/multiple-bsod-errors-preventing-windows-boot/
Relevancy 48.16%

I returned to my virus boot normal into Windows? preventing unknown laptop to find several open Internet Explorer windows I never use IE and the computer frozen I did a hard reboot and have not been able to load normal Windows mode since The computer gives me the Windows loading splash screen and then kicks out to a screen asking me to choose either a safe mode or the last working configuration of Windows in normal mode Selecting the last known working configuration repeats the process but never loads normal mode unknown virus preventing boot into normal Windows? System restore points are unknown virus preventing boot into normal Windows? unavailable when I attempt to restore in safe mode I can boot into safe mode but I am unable to run Spybot or Malwarebytes anti-malware or any similar antivirus If I start an antivirus program I get an hourglass icon and then nothing happens Here's the DDS unknown virus preventing boot into normal Windows? log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by regehr at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional QNAN GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Network Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF FW ZoneAlarm Firewall disabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Java jre bin java exe C Program Files Internet Explorer Iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer Iexplore exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Documents and Settings regehr Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www cs utah edu regehr hot html uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com keyword s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dll BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll BHO PDF-XChange Viewer IE-Plugin c d eb -bbce- dae-acbb-d a d cb f - c program files tracker software pdf-xchange viewer pdf-viewer PDFXCviewIEPlugin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll TB B EAC - D - B E- B -A C A A - No File TB C B - - D - B - A CD F - No File EB Adobe PDF ec be- - c -a -beb d a b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings regehr local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exe mRun Apoint c program files apoint Apoint exe mRun Mouse Suite Daemon ICO EXE mRun ezShieldProtector for Px c windows system ezSP Px exe mRun HKSERV EXE c program files sony hotkey utility HKserv exe mRun VAIO Update quot c program files sony vaio update VAIOUpdt exe quot Stationary mRun VAIO Recovery c windows sonysys vaio recovery PartSeal exe mRun BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun ZoneAlarm Client quot c program files zone labs zonealarm zlclient exe quot mRun IntelZeroConfig quot c program fi... Read more

A:unknown virus preventing boot into normal Windows?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.My name is Syler, I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. Whilst I am helping you, I wouldbe grateful if you would note the following: Please do not run other tools or scans unless I ask you to and follow all the steps I give you, in order.
Copy and paste all logs requested in you reply, Do not attach them unless asked too.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask before you proceed with my instructions.
Please continue to work with me, until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
If I do not hear back from you within 5 days of my last post, then this topic will be closed.Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereNote: If you already have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, just update then run it.Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan (the scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient).When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply .Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.NextDownload random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Then please post back here with the following: MBAM log log.txt info.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/240230/unknown-virus-preventing-boot-into-normal-windows/
Relevancy 48.16%

Computer HP Pavilion DM successful problem boot hard preventing drive -se Beats Edition OS Windows Hi all Beginning last night I had some problems with my computer It would not boot up and when I started it the BIOS showed a ' F hard drive not exist' error I left it until this hard drive problem preventing successful boot morning and tried again Everything booted up and it hard drive problem preventing successful boot reached the Windows login screen -- I have automatic login enabled but the screen hard drive problem preventing successful boot freezes spinner indicator stops suddenly and the screen goes black It restarts again and sometimes I get the Win repair screen sometimes I get the F error again The inconsistency makes me think that something is screwed up hardware-wise but I'm not totally sure Apparently from reading online the problem could be the HDD I don't think this is the case or a poor cable connection most likely or a software problem Because I don't have recovery media for Windows I installed it on a USB drive I don't have with me I can't try a system refresh or restore but I'd rather avoid those if at all possible Do you all think that a good option might be to take it to a hardware repair place and have them check the cables for errors Or is this something I should try to fix by myself Thanks Andrew

A:hard drive problem preventing successful boot

Why do you think that this isn't the hard drive? IMO that'd be the first thing that I'd suspect.
Most HP's have hardware/hard drive diagnostics built in. Try pressing and holding the "Esc" key when you turn the system on - it should give the option to logon to the diagnostics.

If it is the hard drive, it may not work (as the diagnostic tests are loaded on the hard drive) - so you'll have to try booting to a hard drive diagnostic (such as those here: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure ) If you have trouble booting to a hard drive diagnostic, post back and we'll try to help you through that.

If the system is under a year old, it's likely still under warranty - so please ask (at the place where you purchased it) how to get repairs done under warranty. The warranty will cover hardware problems but not software problems (and they should be able to do the hard drive diagnostics there).

Good luck!

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/36391-hard-drive-problem-preventing-successful-boot.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everyone nbsp nbsp I recently purchased a PNY Geforce GT GB video card for my HP Pavilion p I upgraded the power supply to w to make sure I could handle it but I seem to be running into an issue and I am approaching this forum to confirm what I've researched and see if the options I've identified will help any nbsp A brief summary of my story so far nbsp My brother and I are trying to play the elder scrolls online The system requirements are nbsp http www geforce com games-applications pc-games elder-scrolls-online system-requirements nbsp So I thought that I would go buy a boot preventing up? card graphics version Bios graphics card at best buy that would work So I bought the PNY GeForce GT and then when Bios version preventing graphics card boot up? I thought the wasn t working because of the slot size which is dumb now in retrospect I think nbsp http www bestbuy com site pny-nvidia-geforce-gt- - gb-ddr -pci-express- - -graphics-card-black nbsp But to no avail my computer boots up and then stalls at the hp screen before beeping at me We read it has something to do with the Bios setting but we tried to find the display adapter closest we came was bus settings and eventually we came across this topic in the hp support forum which makes me think im screwed with that particular card nbsp http h www hp com t Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions PNY-NVIDIA-GeForce-GT- - GB-DD nbsp The guy on the forum gave the other guy some options but I have no idea if it ll work since he has a different computer Right now the leading candidate is the Asus radeon hd GB found at the below link nbsp http www microcenter com product Radeon HD Low Profile GB DDR PCIe x Video Card nbsp I know it s cheap but I don t even care my question is will it work at all or will I just have the same result nbsp If anyone can help that would be great if not I understand Thanks nbsp Nate nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Bios-version-preventing-graphics-card-boot-up/td-p/5673652
Relevancy 47.73%

I've been trying to get my computer back so that I can at least get some stuff on it I don't want lost for the past three days I was updating an nvidia graphics driver and it froze So I restarted my computer and things went down-hill from there Nothing I know to do which is more than the average person works So update boot driver Corrupted after files preventing OS failed most of and perhaps all of the quick fixes you all may suggest most likely have already been attempted at least once What I am experiencing now is a black screen with a gray bar on the top and bottom The top is titled Windows Boot Manager This is written in the gray bar The rest of the screen reads Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software Corrupted OS files preventing boot after failed driver update change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your windows installation disc and restart you computer Choose your language setting and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do Corrupted OS files preventing boot after failed driver update not have this Corrupted OS files preventing boot after failed driver update disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacture for assistance Status xc f Info The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible I am hoping someone can help me get make it so I can at least get some files off System restore or anything like that is out of the picture because I was planning on getting an external hard drive for backing up and haven't been able to yet Ironically payday is this Friday Anyway I've even tried using ubuntu and also putting the HDD in another computer Both ways it says that I can't get to it When trying through the other computer which has Windows xp it says it's corrupt and cannot be used and what not How the heck can I repair the OS install or whatever is corrupt enough so I can get some stuff off before I do another clean install Is it possible Please help -Wesley M P S My friend helped me try to do an error-checking on through the xp computer Did nothing Would it work on a Win computer

A:Corrupted OS files preventing boot after failed driver update

Did you try the suggested startup repair options with the windows 7 dvd/repair disc?

It may take several runs and will at least attempt to repair the partition table.

If you tried that already , then use the commands instead of auto startup repair - usually does the job.

If you have the disc and want further advice, post back.

If you don't have a 7dvd/repair disc , get one from here - the same bit version as your installed o/s ( torrent, but it's usually quick ):

Download Windows 7 System Recovery Discs ? The NeoSmart Files

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/140430-corrupted-os-files-preventing-boot-after-failed-driver-update.html
Relevancy 47.3%

The problem system worked well for many months until an insertion of a regular Lexar USB somehow caused a reboot but unknown to me with the BIOS reset SATA RAID had reverted to SATA AHCI and the boot locked up On reboot I checked BIOS found the change and reset back to RAID From then on I have been plagued with a BSOD Inaccessible Boot Device BSODibd The RAID drive has standard unfixable Inaccessible booting: Device Unusually preventing Boot BSOD partitions BIOS Unusually unfixable BSOD preventing booting: Inaccessible Boot Device boot MBR and a dual boot BCD Win Win I can t afford a complete re-install would take weeks to customize and activate everything and I have no idea when whether this might happen again So far I ve spent ages discovering that no one seems to have a real handle on this error What is not the problem or doesn t work -not a disk signature collision eg boot with clone active all h BCD signatures match and generalizing the BCD to boot doesn t work either -there are no hardware errors or partition errors and all data is accessible by WIN PE s -Recovery USB command and other options don t work startup repair automatic or manual SFC standard Bootrec BCDboot commands including rebuildBCD still cause BSODibd -MBR repair does nothing since the MBR and boot recs check out fine and I know the boot does access the BCD -Third party software like Easy Recovery Environment doesn t recognize the multi-partitions on the RAID and thinks it s a screwed up GPT so it was useless as were Dual Boot Repair Easy BCD and others which all claim success at what they do but still result in the BSODibd What I just discovered does work to give me the multi-boot selection screen even though it still leaves me high and dry with application installations and activations is replacing just the Windows registry hive not the Windows one with an older version What exactly could the boot process be referencing in the registry that could cause a BSODibd under these circumstances does anyone know

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/63386-unusually-unfixable-bsod-preventing-booting-inaccessible-boot-device.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I'm new to this site Lost With Probs, Worm.win32netbooster Login Fixing And Preventing Demands After Adapters Network M... (re)activation Boot Wireless and this is my Boot Probs, (re)activation Demands Preventing Login And Lost Wireless Network Adapters After Fixing Worm.win32netbooster With M... first post Hi and thanks for having me I love what you've done with the place -D I'm running XP with SP on a Toshiba Satellite Pro A laptop equipped for both wired and wireless net access the latter managed by Intel PROSet and ended up with this worm - unsurprising since I use P P software quite a lot About mins after it exploded onto my desktop - without a peep of Boot Probs, (re)activation Demands Preventing Login And Lost Wireless Network Adapters After Fixing Worm.win32netbooster With M... warning from my AVG freeware I might add - I disconnected Boot Probs, (re)activation Demands Preventing Login And Lost Wireless Network Adapters After Fixing Worm.win32netbooster With M... my external drives tried to sever the wireless net connection using IntelPROSet and when that didn't seem to respond I turned off the wireless adaptor using my machine's hardware switch I then went and fired up the house computer to look for help on the web and quickly found http www bleepingcomputer com forums t wormwin netbooster which helped me identify what had happened to my computer I turned my laptop back on reconnected to the web downloaded Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and continued exactly as Quietman 's post instructed As I removed all the selected objects I received the same Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will now enable Regedit pop-up Robttt had received and like him clicked OK I didn't delete anything in Quarantine I then rebooted my computer although unlike Robttt I don't think I purposely disconnected from the internet first and found my pc clock had returned the fake desktop icons were gone and I had access to my control panel again - i e all the infection-related changes I had previously noticed were back to normal I rescanned with MBAM which found one new object and I deleted that then rebooted again This is where my path seriously departs from Robttt's Upon rebooting there was my user account but instead of being able to click and login which I never have to do anyway - I never created a separate administrator account I got a pop-up telling me I wouldn't be able to log in unless I activated my copy of Windows which of course was done a year and a halp ago when the laptop was new I went through the process but the activation software couldn't connect to the internet so then I tried the automated phone option but that was stymied too most of the sticker with the authentification code that was on the base of my laptop rubbed off about months ago The only remaining option was to phone Toshiba CustServ so I put that aside til next business hous SO next I restarted and got into safe mode at which point an administration account appeared and I couldn't log into that so I logged in w out password as usual to my own user account I ran the MBAM scan again - all clear - and then decided to try and finish following Quietman 's suggestions to Robttt and download ATF Cleaner and SUPERAntiSpyware Free but found IE wasn't connecting to the web When I opened Intel PROSet it informed me that no wireless network adapters were installed I looked for some more advice on the web couldn't find much but tried in Add Remove programs selecting the Repair option for Intel PROSet That didn't work and there I shut down and went to bed Next day I found I was unable to boot up even into Safe Mode it just kept bringing me back to ordinary XP login and then informing me I'd have to activate windows to log in I called Toshiba and they were no help - best advice was to use my Windows recovery disc which is in a nonspecific box in a friend's house in Wales while I'm in Northern Ireland and reformat everything thereby losing everything on my hard drive GB Since most of it's rec... Read more

A:Boot Probs, (re)activation Demands Preventing Login And Lost Wireless Network Adapters After Fixing Worm.win32netbooster With M...

Sounds like you are getting this "activation message" because MalwareBytes deleted the oembios.dat file which was a false positive as reported here.If you can boot into safe mode, open MBAM, click on the quarantine tab and select to restore the oembios.dat file. If that does not work, report your issue to the MBAM developers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/165492/boot-probs-reactivation-demands-preventing-login-and-lost-wireless-network-adapters-after-fixing-wormwin32netbooster-with-mbam-on-xp-help/
Relevancy 43%

Got an HP Envy CTO loaded at the time Quad core Radeon HD M etc Well the other day the thing blue screened but froze Which ... hardware malfunction preventing boot. System hardware during that process and the graphics glitches during that screen Corruption and blocks appeared and System hardware malfunction preventing boot. Which hardware ... disappeared I was forced to shut it down during the blue screen as something big wasn't working during the crash dump process it stood at Upon restart the unit screen doesn't turn on and no noises are made like beeps indicating an issue The Bluray makes its usual prep sounds it does at every start up It sits with a blank screen that doesn't even appear to be powered on The only other indicator is the caps lock key flashes a few times and goes off then flashes a few times and goes off repeating this sitting there What part likely died on this sucker CPU Dram Motherboard Graphics card How can I trouble shoot it if it doesn't power on While it sits there various LEDs on the keyboard are on as said Caps lock flashing Power LED on I think the wireless LED is on too The HP envy light on the hood is also on nbsp Coming here for tips because I do self repair No warranty I will purchase the required part and self install like I always do for my laptops

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/System-hardware-malfunction-preventing-boot-Which-hardware/td-p/5702270
Relevancy 34.4%

My computer right now is being very annoying I can not seem to fix the problem at all It seems that about a week ago something turned off my computer amp s firewall without letting me know so I surfed the web completely exposed and picked up a lot of spyware or malware or viruses I downloaded Ad-Aware Spybot S amp D and I had AVG before this started Now I am going to list the errors that I get There are so many that I will probably miss a few On Mozilla Firefox Google redirects every link I click to a random sales search site On Mozilla Firefox I can NOT even view any pages that deal with getting viruses off ie this forum I am on a different computer and when I use IE I get this eMachines search thing saying that the site does not exist when I know it does I can not open notepad this makes a preventing done. from being Something anything is hijackthis log file impossible to post Atleast to my knowledge It always gives me a amp would Something is preventing anything from being done. you like to send an error report amp message And everything is slow no matter what I do Sometimes a little window pops up that gives me a countdown to shutdown It starts at seconds Disk defragmenter is unable to work I am on a different computer right now And I swear my computer has been fine for a while before this all started No viruses daily spyware and virus scans everything I took care o my computer the best I could EDIT OH Also I store a lot o my art work on my computer so wiping the harddrive is out of the question Is there any way that I can transfer my artwork to another computer And I would like to move all my music too Thank you Rob nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/something-is-preventing-anything-from-being-done.745587/
Relevancy 34.4%

hey all,
a few months ago you all helped me out bigtime...now i need some more assistance. this is what i have...

I use IE 6. with netzero high speed. somehow i believe i downloaded some spyware, or adware...i have my cookies disabled, my pop up filter is on, and i'm still getting pop up advertisements every new page i visit...so my question is,are there any free services i can use to scan my pc to check for these pains?

Relevancy 34.4%

Every time I click links contained in highlighted text I go through instead to an annoying pop up survey. The highlighted text shows as 'text enhanced'
http://bonus.playnwin.tv/template_16/step1.aspx
Theree doesn't seem to be a way of preventing this. Do you have any advice on how I can stop it?

A:Preventing pop ups

Hello Jaydee58 and welcome to Seven Forums.

Couple of things you could do. Delete your temp files, cookies, and browsing history.

Internet Explorer - Delete browsing history on exit

While you're in the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Security tab > Restricted Sites icon > Sites button and type in the www website address of any site you want to restrict. Close/OK your way back out of the dialog boxes.

You could also look into using a different browser (specifically, Firefox) and using a free add-on called NoScript.

NoScript - JavaScript/Java/Flash blocker for a safer Firefox experience! - what is it? - InformAction

There are other ad blockers available for IE but I'm not sure if any are free. Perhaps others will jump in with suggestions. I've been using AdMuncher for a couple of years with good success.

Ad Blocker: Ad Muncher

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/240030-preventing-pop-ups.html
Relevancy 33.97%

i use trend micro anti virus, just started using registryprot(i love it), and im reading up on spywareblaster right now (looks intresting)... what do you use? what do you suggest as the best & whats it the best at spyware, anti virus, preventing installation / spreading of infection / etc.

Relevancy 33.97%

Just retried to turn my laptop on as normal today and get the main screen as normal but when I click mouse, I get to next screen which says the error "this app is preventing shutdown", it also list my name and email/ windows account as normal but says my email is locked, and can't do anything else with my laptop, any suggestions how to rectify this, thanks

sorry if I posted this in wrong place

A:This app is preventing shutdown

Hi,

you might want to try this command ==> SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

It checks your system and fixes errors in Windows. Sometimes you must run it up to 3 times to fix everything.

Good luck with it!

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/21002-app-preventing-shutdown.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi guys Been a while since I ve had to be on here eek I think I might have a virus I use Windows XP I have a Gateway notebook with gig of RAM and Gig hd HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA AVG from Something updating preventing Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc Something preventing AVG from updating exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files DriveIcon DriveIcon exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Macrogaming SweetIM SweetIM exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX Something preventing AVG from updating COCIManager exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Common Files AOL Loader aolload exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Documents and Settings Lisa Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home sweetim com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home sweetim com R - URLSearchHook Live TV Toolbar - b a db -d a - -b b-f a cdf - C Program Files Live TV tbLiv dll R - URLSearchHook SweetIM For Internet Explorer - BC FFE -DE F- fa-B -AAD B F - C Program Files Macrogaming SweetIMBarForIE toolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SWEETIE - A AADCD- A - b f- F-E BB A E A - C PROGRA MACROG SWEETI toolbar dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Live TV Toolbar - b a db -d a - -b b-f a cdf - C Program Files Live TV tbLiv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - BHO ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker BHO - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files ZoneAlarmSB bar bin SPYBLOCK DLL O - Toolbar Live TV Toolbar - b a db -d a - -b b-f a cdf - C Program Files Live TV tbLiv dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar SweetIM For Internet Explorer - BC FFE -DE F- fa-B -AA... Read more

Relevancy 33.97%

I was just wondering if there is any way to prevent spyware without using programs or locking the registry. Is there settings that you can change in the Internet Options , Security or Advanced tab that can at least cut down spyware and malware being installed onto ones computer. If so I believe you should write a tech article with the Headline being Prevent Spyware/Malware the Natural Way. If you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

A:Preventing Spyware

Internet Properties - Security - Custom Level :Disable all ActiveXDisable File DownloadUnfortunately most of the spyware/adjunk takes advantage of holes in Internet Explorer, so the most natural way would be for Big Bill and Co. to recode the browser.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/936/preventing-spyware/
Relevancy 33.97%

ok.. so sometimes I get an 'this app is preventing shutdown' and before I can decide what to do.. it shuts off on its own.

any ideas?

doesnt appear to be causing any real problems.. and I'm sure the computer would complain if there were any..

A:this app is preventing shutdown

You could use Task Manager to identify the programs running right before shutdown. Then you could shut them down one by one before shutting down and, thereby, possibly eventually identifying the offending program. What's happening isn't a problem, maybe just a tad annoying.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/14201-app-preventing-shutdown.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Intro Something DNS preventing lookups I was doing some computer work for an elderly couple when the internet on that computer randomly stopped working Rather than having me fix it they simply bought a new computer Once I got the new one up and running they gave me the old one I m trying to get it set up so my step mother can have her own computer it s actually not too bad a computer The only problem left is the Something preventing DNS lookups internet problem Problem itself the problem persists on ethernet and wireless connections The computer shows itself as being connected without any problems but chrome firefox ie all show quot page not available quot messages They don t say dns problems specifically but I m pretty sure that is what I m looking at I can ping various ip addresses and google com without any losses I did a tracert and nslookup for without a problem I ve tried configuring the computer to opendns and Neither worked Disabling windows firewalls and the installed antivirus did nothing for me There are no proxies set up on the computer Antivirus malware scans come back clean At this point I really don t know what to do with it Had the people kept the install disks or backup drive on the computer I d have just restored the computer to factory settings Any ideas would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Something preventing DNS lookups

Have a look at \windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
get a command prompt (aka runas /user:administrator cmd and give the passwd)

run dir \windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and look at the size. if it is more than a kb, it has entries in it and can be suspect.
the required entry is LOCALHOST 127.0.0.1 and everything else is optional.

run attrib -r on the host file to make it r/w
echo "localhost 127.0.0.1" >\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
run attrib +r on the host file to protect it

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client" (yes, quotes are necessary)​
you should be able to access google.com even though your dns client is not running
if not, investigate the LSP (winsock stack)

you can restart dns using net start "dns client"
test your browser access again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/something-preventing-dns-lookups.204372/
Relevancy 33.97%

So AVG was recommended to me as an anti virus and I downloaded it which was a huge mistake I recently got some adware I hope this isn't the wrong section it. I've to virus, is and trying fix preventing got a from AVG me to post this in I apologize if it is which is particularly stubborn AVG said it removed it but did nothing so I tried adwCleaner and Malwarbytes which also did nothing I deleted those two and thought I deleted AVG but when I tried to download Kaspersky I've got a virus, and AVG is preventing me from trying to fix it. it essentially said AVG stopped me dfrom I've got a virus, and AVG is preventing me from trying to fix it. downloading so I went through my hidden files and when I clicked delete on avg in the local section it said I couldn't because I had it open in another program I have no clue which and have tried it on multiple occasions I tried to do a system restore and it said my anti-virus stopped it thanks AVG I forget the name of the adware that essentially downloaded itself but I think it had surf in the name it makes me unable t use chrome or firefox because every new page I go to I get a new popup Internet explorer doesn't have the popup issue but is about a tenth of the speed it was before What can I do Any help greatly appreciated I know you're very busy and I am glad there's a service like this available

A:I've got a virus, and AVG is preventing me from trying to fix it.

Hi Rwhie84 and welcome to BC.Please take note of the following:1. Please do not run any other tools unless instructed.2. Please don't install or uninstall anything unless asked.3. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean.4. If there's anything that you don't understand, please ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.5. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.We need to have a good look at your system in order to determine the exact problems.Note:There are both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool available. Please pick the version that matches your operating system's bit type.If you are unsure what you're system bit type is..... click Here for help.For x32 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to your Desktop.Double-click the downloaded icon to run the tool. Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As AdministratorWhen the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Make sure that Addition.txt is selected at the bottomPress Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please copy and paste it to your reply also.In your next reply, please submit:Both reports from FRSTThanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536676/ive-got-a-virus-and-avg-is-preventing-me-from-trying-to-fix-it/
Relevancy 33.97%

Has anyone seen the message "This app is preventing you from signing out" along with the app name as

CNWPTransportlmpl

Does anyone know if Windows tracks this information and where it would store it?

Thanks!

FYI - I tried using Google and Bing with no luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/13548-app-preventing-you-signing-out.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I seriously need to dust the inside of my computer, as well as perform some other routine maintenance. How can I dust the inside of it without causing an electrostatic discharge? Also is there any absolute and positive way to make sure you're grounded without using antistatic equipment? Lots of people say touching your case is enough, but I want to be extra careful because I canít afford any new equipment should I screw up.

Relevancy 33.97%

Is there a general rule that would apply to most pcs these days, like I know not to buy a hdd slower than 7200 rpms, but might it be smarter to install all windows files and programs on one hdd (lets say, 40 gb) and a 2nd drives for music, pictures and w/e. I thought maybe that would help in case I needed to reformat the windows drive, then I wouldn't have to even bother with my music drive. Or should I even consider RAID if I don't play modern games? I realize it's supposed to be more of backup, but anything I have that important is on a dvd already. I'm sorry if this was already disscussed (i searched to no aveil) but any help is appreciated!

A:Preventing a bottleneck with HDD...

I don't know about gen. rule apply
yes
while 1 drive is read, write for OS the other read write your data
thats how I can edit 2 movies and copy same time
there is a limit ,one limit is the ide bus or sata controller
using raid will increase some at cost of drive space
also great on re-installs
this is just an opinion on my part
some don't use a smaller drive they will just partition
some say it (partitions)does not work for them
todays hdd's cost about 50 cents usd a gb,but when you try and buy older stock smaller drives that will go up past 1.00 usd
its more what works for you

trend ,today too many people put egg's in 1 basket ,basket breaks lose all eggs
with the low cost of baskets this should not be the case
I guess most people see drive as static (no moving parts)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/preventing-a-bottleneck-with-hdd.83232/
Relevancy 33.97%

My sibling was browsing the internet on my adminstrator account and was kicked off by some sort of bug or virus. When i tried logging back into my account it shows a black screen with security options for firewalls and other things. If i attempt to change any settings nothing happens, and if i exit the screen it just shows the black background, no desktop or icons or anything. I was wondering if there is a way to delete my admin account from my siblings account, as his is unharmed. Or possibly a way to restart the account or wipe it, anything that will make it work again.

A:Bug or Virus Preventing Log On

Can you get in safe mode?
Safe Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/105914-bug-virus-preventing-log.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have two user accounts Jon and USER Whenever Jon What standby? is preventing is logged in the computer will not go into standby automatically after the preset minutes However when I log in under USER it will standby automatically Here is the HiJackThis log for Jon Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot What is preventing standby? mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C What is preventing standby? WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C Program Files Macrium Reflect ReflectService exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX DrvLsnr exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Wootalyzer woot exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL O - HKLM Run Smapp C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exe O - HKLM Run DrvLsnr C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX DrvLsnr exe O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM R... Read more

A:What is preventing standby?

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:31:52 PM, on 6/16/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe
C:\Program Files\Macrium\Reflect\ReflectService.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgnsx.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgcsrvx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\DrvLsnr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\KHAL2\KHALMNPR.EXE
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: AVG Security Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AVG Security Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Smapp] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DrvLsnr] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\DrvLsnr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-preventing-standby.835925/
Relevancy 33.97%

I posted this in the Vista forums and later realized there was a trojan that may be causing this problem Since I preventing trojan on? Possible log ve Possible trojan preventing log on? found a trojan I thought I would post in here too So I m working on a vista machine where user accounts both with administrative rights log off just after the log in initiates As soon as I click the user picture no passwords the screen shows quot Welcome quot with the blue circle In about - seconds it changes to quot Logging off quot then turns black for another - seconds and then I m back at the log in screen In safe mode I can log into the accounts no problem but not when I start normally When they brought the computer to me there was a rd account Administrator which they told me they had forgotten the password for I used Offline NT Possible trojan preventing log on? password and registry editor to remove the password for that account and I can log into that one just fine There was a th hidden account Admin that Offline NT showed I unlocked it and can log into that one normally as well Does anyone know what might be causing this or how I would correct it edit it also has a fake AV trojan on it the Windows Vista Recovery one edit Part of the trojan appears to be attached to the userinit exeedit This is what the log shows Infection c programdata gdujiwcdlsmla exe Registry HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer PhishingFilter- gt EnabledV HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center - gt AntiVirusDisableNotify HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center - gt FirewallDisableNotify HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center - gt UpdatesDisableNotify HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System - gt DisableTaskMgr HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System - gt DisableTaskMgr HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Associations- gt LowRiskFileTypes HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Attachments- gt SaveZoneInformation HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon- gt Userinit C Windows system Userinit exe HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Explorer - gt NoActiveDesktopChanges HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Explorer - gt NoSetActiveDesktop HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Desktop General- gt Wallpaper HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Desktop General- gt Wallpaper HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Desktop General- gt Wallpaper HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Download- gt CheckExeSignatures yes HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run- gt GDUjiwcDlsMLa Browser Cache

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403914/possible-trojan-preventing-log-on/
Relevancy 33.97%

I built a computer for a relative a few months back, and for a while things were running smoothly.

She just called me to let me know that her machine no longer makes it to the Windoze logo. Instead, after the post, she just gets a blank screen--no warnings, just nothing.

She tried to boot up to the XP CD, but it never makes it to the setup screen. It just hangs on checking the hardware configuration.

How do I diagnose this problem? Thanks.

A:What's preventing XP from loading?

The first thing I'd check is the ram. Most likely theres NO way your going to troubleshoot this over the phone, you need to get it infront of you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whats-preventing-xp-from-loading.205129/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi there
what i need to know is how can i make my pc never to sleep or stop it from going in some kinda mode that makes the pc cancel any running programs ?
Not talking about the plan settings (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings) i already have it on never sleep what im talking about it this i have a slow internet connection so once i downloaded 13Gb what i did was started the download and went to sleep then after 8 hours it didnt download more than 3gb with a error saying no connection so i had to stay by the pc to refresh it or move the mouse every couple hours so it dose not stop the download

And now waiting to download BF4 which is 30GB with a 500kb per sec

A:Preventing The Pc From Sleeping

Well, if you already set the option "N ever to sleep" it should be up all the time. Correct me if I am wrong, even if you lock your PC downloads should not be interrupted when sleep option is turned off. I will suggest to have a word with your ISP.

I too download files from Steam/Origin and keep my PC up all night and never had this issue.

check for virus/malwares in the meantime.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/309480-preventing-pc-sleeping.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I started doing the 4 step preliminary instructions and the Malwarebytes anti-malware has been initializing at the pre-scan operations step for 40 minutes. Is that normal, how long does that scan usually take?

A:Viruses preventing me from just about everything

Please, observe following rules:

Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
Never run more than one scan at a time.
Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

=================================

Try to run it from safe mode.
How to start Windows in Safe Mode

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/viruses-preventing-me-from-just-about-everything.208157/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello again and Merry Christmas!

I'm currently at war with IS 2010. I am a veteren of the AV 2009 war. I found that when a malicious site started AV 2009 on my machine I could prvent intrusion by using
cntrl>alt>delete, and end the process with the task manager. When doing this I could stop the intrusion. When I contracted IS 2010, it immediately disabled cntrl>alt>delete so I could not stop it. Is there some immediate measure one can take when the intrusion is detected? (for future reference).

Thanks again
John

A:preventing IS 2010, how?

Basically the only ways to prevent infection is to use a HOSTS file, have a registry change watcher (i.e Spybot's TeaTimer), use a program such as SpywareBlaster, have a strong firewall and anti-virus/spyware program with real time protection, and practice safe surfing habits.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/281306/preventing-is-2010-how/
Relevancy 33.97%

hi to all of the wonderful experts in here........my question is that

i have a xp and i have alot off friends comeover and use my pc i need a way to make them able to get on the internet and at the same time prevent them form

A. changing settings
B. downloading everything they can think of
C. view my documents and files

and thanx alot for ur help

Relevancy 33.54%

Well I m not sure if its a virus or not A few days ago I was surfing the web and out of nowhere files start downloading to my desktop and an icon in the tray popped up Preventing Scans Virus and said I had an infection Virus Preventing Scans and to click the balloon to get rid of it So I clicked it and nothing happened I tried running all my scanners but they all crash ewido finds critical object but it never gets Virus Preventing Scans the chance to delete them My anti-virus program System Suite Pro is fully updated and everything and it doesnt find anything Also Adaware crashes and same with Spyware Doctor needless to say I think something is wrong I think the only virus scanner that didn t crash was Trojan Guarder but it just said it removed virus and it doesnt say which one In addition to all my scanners not working it seems at the same time my task manager has been disabled when I right-click on the taskbar its greyed out same if I ctrl alt del Here is a copy of my HJT any suggestions Edit ---------------------------------------- I updated ewido and it found the following I typed these down before ewido crashed Infection Downloader Agent uj Process VM D Infection Downloader Agent uj Process VM F Infection Downloader Agent uj Process VM B Infection Downloader Agent uj Process VM E Infection Downloader Agent uj Process VM C Infection Downloader Agent uj Process VM B ------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AlienGUIse wbload exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System wdfmgr exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe C PROGRA GoGoData com GOGODA ADBUST EXE C Program Files GoGoData com GoGoData Toolbar GoGoTray exe C PROGRA VCOM SYSTEM MXTask exe C PROGRA VCOM SYSTEM mxtask exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe O - BHO GoGoData AdBuster - EB C - - AC-A B- F B - C PROGRA GoGoData com GOGODA TOMAHA DLL O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dll O - Toolbar GoGoData AdBuster - EB C - - AC-A B- F B - C PROGRA GoGoData com GOGODA TOMAHA DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Spyware Doctor - D D A- - D -A A - C B E E - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dll O - Extra button no name - B E BB - - CF- A B-F F B A E - C PROGRA GoGoData com GOGODA TOMAHA DLL O - Extra Tools menuitem GoGoData AdBuster - B E BB - - CF- A B-F F B A E - C PROGRA GoGoData com GOGODA TOMAHA DLL O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip D E -E - C D- - E D NameServer O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip BCEA -ADC - AD-A -BE C C D D NameServer O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip DDD AF-A - - CE - A A A B NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip D E -E - C D- - E D NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip D E -E - C D- - E... Read more

Relevancy 33.54%

I read a forum on here about how to prevent internet history from being deleted By Phantom listed below Hit deleting history preventing the Windows key R to open a Run box Type in regedit Navigate to the following registry key HKEY CURRENT USER Software Policies Microsoft Right-click on Microsoft select New gt Key Enter Internet Explorer Right-click on Internet Explorer select New gt Key Enter Control Panel Right-click on Control Panel select New gt DWORD Value In the right pane enter History Double-click on History to change the DWORD Value from to to enable the restriction If you want the restrictions to apply to all users navigate to the following registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Right-click on Internet Explorer and select New gt Key Enter Control Panel Right-click on Control Panel select New gt DWORD Value In the right pane enter History Double-click on History to change the DWORD Value from to to enable the restriction Reboot I did all of these things only for google chrome instead of internet explorer and it didnt work I have windows and was wondering if I need to do something different Also there is this incognito mode where you can view anything online and it wont show up in browsing history You can get to it just by pressing ctrl shift N Can I disable that as well nbsp

A:preventing history deleting

Also there is this incognito mode where you can view anything online and it wont show up in browsing history. You can get to it just by pressing ctrl shift N. Can I disable that as well?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/preventing-history-deleting.1105397/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hey im having troubles with messeger.. i have winds vista and a acer notebook and DEP is preventing me from using wind messeger.. i tried to install this patch:
http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/for...ords=&areaid=7
but i couldnt,when i try to install it a window pop up and tells that i already have a newer version of this programe..
i have read tons of post about this issue but none solved my problem..
this whole problem started after i made an upgrade of wins vista
there seems to be a problem with acer drivers and DEP
ill apreciate any help

A:DEP is preventing me from using Windows messeger

i found a patch called msnchathook.dll, i read it really works but i dont know how to install it.. i tried pasting it in the system32 folder but it didnt worked.. =( i dont know much bout this stuff so if anyone could help me about how to install a .dll i would really appreciate it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dep-is-preventing-me-from-using-windows-messeger-357352.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Please help! I have an xp Home Edition Computer on a wireless network with 3 user accounts. I want to prevent one user (child) from accessing and using one web site. ( AIM.com). I thought of uninstalling AOL Instant Messenger (AIM), but that would not totally resolve the problem. The child can still reconnect to the web and re-download the program again. How can I configure the xp computer to prevent such access and usage of AIM without affecting the privilages from the other users (Adults) to use the same IM? Thank you in advance for your help.

Mike A.

Relevancy 33.54%

After months of dealing with the horrible About blank page I came across a page with how to get rid of the dll file causing it someone told me to look at the source code view source in IE and look for something href with a lot of and stuff and copy and paste it dll files? Preventing Hijacking to http www simplelogic com Developer URLDecode asp to find the dll rename and Preventing Hijacking dll files? restart in safe mode to delete now i did that and it seemed to go away the next day or even several hours later there was a new different dll causing problems this cycle repeats no matter how many times I delete I have run ad-aware pro spybotsd CWshredder and i constantly run sygate firewall and ad-watch nothing stops it I have a Preventing Hijacking dll files? symantec antivirus corporate edition free from my university it detects the dll files but will not delete them It has gotten to the point where I keep a sheet of notebook paper in front of my monitor to write the dll name on in order to find and delete it its filling up a few include pomi dll anncao dll jnd dll klfch dll I doubt the names matter since Preventing Hijacking dll files? most are randomly generated but just in case Any way to prevent the dlls permanently and even when the files are gone IE will still return to about blank when attempting to reach certain pages

A:Preventing Hijacking dll files?

Howdy,

The bad guys are running faster than the tool programmers.

Please download HijackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Run a scan and save the log file. Get HijackThis Analyzer and save it to the same folder as the hijackthis.log file. Run HijackThis Analyzer and type in y if you agree. Open up the result.txt file created. Copy the whole result.txt log and post it in the forum. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/preventing-hijacking-dll-files-28978.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I think the app suspension feature as implemented pretty poorly without the option to disable this behaviour for select apps I'd like to use the apps but I apps suspended Preventing from being simply can't seeing that the main programs I use break when they're suspended Skype stops all contentions and will rarely give me message notification on Preventing apps from being suspended new conversation and while most types of downloads in Chrome will break including streams and sometimes even normal http downloads If I want to check on another app like Skype or my email I'd like to switch from Chrome and come back hoping my stream be complete or download still working Instead I have to juggle my apps around to make sure Chrome never leaves the screen for more than seconds or I'll have to start all over I wouldn't mind if Skype and Chrome were in the background using memory of the time I know this should be left to the developer to improve the background app functionality but for the time being is there any way I can prevent suspension

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/14349-preventing-apps-being-suspended.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I am using Firefox on my WinXp sp2 and when I try to open msn, I get a msn's blue screen but nothing else. When I shut spysweeper down msn opens just fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spysweeper-preventing-msn-from-loading.511877/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello It seems that my computer as been infected by a nasty virus malware since yesterday I have tried to eradicate it with ComboFix but it keeps resuming its activities The initial symptoms was no access to Web preventing malware Nasty in Chrome Error net ERR CONNECTION REFUSED Unknown error However I Nasty malware preventing had web access via IE and Firefox Also HTML content was not anymore displayed in Outlook images displaying red cross Then I could not install any new software seems like the access to Registry was blocked somehow I managed to install MBAM but it won t update it s days old signature file Even to start the GMER I had to go back to safe mode because it would not start Below are the following logs The last instance of ComboFix Sorry I did not know about this website and the rules when I ran ComboFix so I thought I would post the log for info The defogger log The HIJACK THIS log The DDS log plus the Attach The GMER log I had to run it in safe mode because in normal mode I have the error LoadDriver quot C Document and Settings Alex Locals Temp kwlorpod sys quot error xC The system cannot find the file specified Thanks in advance for your help Alex Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY TPHKLOAD exe C Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY TPHKSVC exe C WINDOWS system IPSSVC EXE C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C Program Files ThinkPad Utilities DOZESVC EXE C Program Files DU Meter DUMeterSvc exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY tposdsvc exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise EngineServer exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C WINDOWS system mfevtps exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files Nero Update NASvc exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Lenovo Zoom TpScrex exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c program files lenovo system update suservice exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrpservice exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrservice exe C PROGRA Lenovo NPDIRECT TPFNF SP exe C WINDOWS system igfxext exe C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe c Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery ADM IUService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler scheduler proxy exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files ThinkPad Utilities PWMDBSVC EXE C PROGRA THINKV PrdCtr LPMGR exe C Program Files ThinkVantage AMSG Amsg exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACTray exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACWLIcon exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Logger logmon exe C Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Progr... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nasty-malware-preventing.982925/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi all,
I just came back from vacation and we brought my wife?s laptop on the trip. All the airports and in the hotel we found a lot of unsecured networks. This computer showed all of them as limited and would not log on. All the secure networks are fine,but of cause, I don?t have the password. Luckily the hotel also had wired access. My question is: is windows 8 preventing me from logging on to unsecured networks? If so, where can I change the setting? I think it should be my choice to log on to anything that I want.
Thanks
Sven

A:is windows 8 preventing me from logging on

You can log on to anything you want,, not at all advised unless it's yours or someone you know.
Even then, keep in mind that any one can logon, and then access the Router if it is not secured, there by accessing your PC as well.
Also using it for illegal activity, which in some states I believe you can be held accountable for if your WIFI is not secured.

It's just a plain really dumb, and a very bad idea to logon to unsecured WIFI especially out in public ones,,
they can very easily be setup as man in the middle.

Anyway,
There is no setting that I know of that would prevent you from logging into an unsecured network in Win8.
Also, some may be unsecured, but setup as MAC Address blocked. Which is a good layer of protection on top of WPA2/AES
Even though MAC Addresses can be cloned, they have to get them first.

Also, no one can guarantee WIFI connectivity, it either works and lets you in or it doesn't, but it can't be guaranteed.

You can try the following to clean up WIFI profiles, there is no other way that I know of to do this.

netsh wlan show profile

netsh wlan delete profile "WIFI Profile NAME"

Delete the majority of them found, including your own and try connecting again.

Also see this thread for more info..... how to use unsecured wifi in windows 7 ? - Windows 7 Help Forums

Could be AntiVirus\Internet Security Suite is not allowing you to connect?

There are a large number of reasons this could be happening. None of which I think are Win8 itself.

On second thought, it could be the Windows Firewall is setup to not allow that.
I never connect to unsecure WIFI so I am not sure which setting it might be.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30631-windows-8-preventing-me-logging.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello all First let me say thank you for what you all do Second I'm sorry if the description of the problem is not ideal I'm helping my mother in-law and I wasn't around when this started She texted me saying she got a pop up on her machine saying along these lines Windows Firewall Infected BSOD I told her I would be home in a bit and would call her Well she decided she would save me the trouble and call the - number that the pop up displayed Yup I'm banging my head on the desk She said some guy AVG Infection Running Preventing From dialed into the PC and started a scan My father in-law told her that this probably wasn't a good idea and told her she should hang up By the time I got to the PC there was some remote support session in progress that I killed Firefox was now the default browser and homepage was Rescue by LogMeIn Now AVG won't run so I'm assuming something is preventing it from running Ran Malwarebit Anti-Malware and it didn't detect any threats So I'm following the instructions you provided Ran the Farbar tool and FRST log in below and the Addition file is attached Again THANK YOU Infection Preventing AVG From Running Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Rita Bailey administrator on RITABAILEY - - Running from C Users Rita Bailey Downloads Loaded Profiles Rita Bailey Available Profiles Rita Bailey Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Infection Preventing AVG From Running Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG AVG avgrsa exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe Lenovo C Windows System ibmpmsvc exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX officeclicktorun exe Diskeeper Corporation C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation ExpressCache ExpressCache exe Lenovo C Program Files x Lenovo RapidBoot HDD Accelerator FBService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL Jhi service exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility CamMute exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility TPKNRSVC exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility vcamsvc exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo VIRTSCRL lvvsst exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo VIRTSCRL virtscrl exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPHKSVC exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY tphkload exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY tpnumlkd exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY micmute exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxext exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System rundll exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY shtctky exe ELAN Microelectronics Corp C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exe ELAN Microelectronics Corp C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrlHelper exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe ELAN Microelectronics Corp C Program Files Elantech ETDIntelligent exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Lenovo C Windows System TpShocks exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility TpKnrres exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Ricoh co... Read more

A:Infection Preventing AVG From Running

Looks like the Addition file didn't attach to my original post. Sorry about that. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590379/infection-preventing-avg-from-running/
Relevancy 33.54%

Currently I am using a Franklin organizer I use the organizer to plan both my business and private life A record of all that I have done plan to do goals important dates appointments medical history financial information contacts - all in one place and all organized I am starting a company with four other men We will all be acquiring laptops with our own money but they will be considered ccompany assets I would like to put an organizer on my laptop that will do what is mentioned above Here is my delima One of the parteners is the son of what we all consider to be the main decision maker in the company The son is very good at what he does and through his current company has also gained extensive computer skills He has bragged to us about getting into co-workers computers Day Snooping Preventing Planner as well as the company main frame and accessing as well as devulging to us salaries reviews and other personal information that he has read How do I prevent privacy intrusion on my laptop Here is a list of the programs I currently considering Microsoft Outlook Microsoft One Note Click Tray Google Calendar If you suggestions as to how I can solve this delima or of a better free organizing program I would appreciate your input nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

When I shut down my computer, I get this thing that a program is preventing shutdown. It doesn't tell what's the name of the program, it only says that "This program is preventing shutdown".

How do I find out what is it? I am scared if someone is hacking me.

Can any hacker see my webcam or my pictures without putting any malware or virus to my computer and without me doing anything so they can see me?

My computer is HP Pavilion 15 with Windows 8.1.

I live in Finland, so is any government or police really spying on me too just to see if I do any illegal things or not?

A:A program is preventing shutdown

Originally Posted by IloveSnape

When I shut down my computer, I get this thing that a program is preventing shutdown. It doesn't tell what's the name of the program, it only says that "This program is preventing shutdown".

How do I find out what is it? I am scared if someone is hacking me.

Can any hacker see my webcam or my pictures without putting any malware or virus to my computer and without me doing anything so they can see me?

My computer is HP Pavilion 15 with Windows 8.1.

I live in Finland, so is any government or police really spying on me too just to see if I do any illegal things or not?

Could be your antivirus running tasks. Open Task Manager to investigate.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/47326-program-preventing-shutdown.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello to all,

I'm not sure if this forum is the right place, but I would like to know if there is some kind of free software I can use to restrict childrn access to certain web pages. I would like to use some kind of software that is compatilbe with most of web browsers. For example if some page is forbidden to open with IE, it should also be forbidden in firefox or opera. I'd like to specify web pages and phrases that shouldn't be opened in a web browser.

What is your recommendation?
Do you have any advice?

Thanks

A:Preventing certain web pages from opening

Net Nanny seems pretty popular, also cyberpatrol

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/preventing-certain-web-pages-from-opening-381652.html
Relevancy 33.54%

When I launch MS Money it will not start. When I have Process Monitor running I can see it Money start and then it seems that something kills the process and the program never loads. I have recently scanned with Spybot and it got rid of a "Win32.AutoRun.tmp" and I also found "Trojan.crypt" and "Trojan.dropper" using IOBit's Malware Fighter. I suspect that there is a rootkit but I need you help to find it and kill it.

A:Something is preventing MS Money from opening

Hello and welcome. Let's run these and see what they say.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: Flush DNS Report IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size. List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScanHold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
ESET OnlineScanClick the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check Click the button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check and check Remove found threats Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnab... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424955/something-is-preventing-ms-money-from-opening/
Relevancy 33.54%

Referred here from http www bleepingcomputer com forums t ie-wont-open-web-pages OBI was Possible ip name Maleware resolution preventing instructed to post here with the DDS Logs below I can ping IP's but not names and IE wont open pages The following is the details from the previous posts followed by the DDS logs I am running Win XP Home service pack and I am Possible Maleware preventing ip name resolution connected to the internet via an external USB wireless adapter wire g In my task panel I am connected fine and I can even ping ip addresses from the command line But I did notice that I can NOT ping domain names For example I can ping fine yahoo but not www yahoo com or http www yahoo comWhen I bring up IE it will say that it cant display the web page or when I manually type in a web address it will say that the address is invalid I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wire wireless adapter and reset all values defaults and cleared cookies ect in IE Thanks BoUNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED DO NOT POST THIS LOG IF REQUESTED ZIP IT UP amp ATTACH ITDDS Ver - - Microsoft Windows XP Home EditionBoot Device Device HarddiskVolume Install Date PMSystem Uptime PM hours ago Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P B-LXProcessor Intel Pentium CPU MHz mPGA mhz Disk Partitions A is RemovableC is FIXED FAT - GiB total GiB free D is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free E is CDROM F is CDROM Disabled Device Manager Items Class GUID D E -E - CE-BFC - BE Description Net AdapterDevice ID V NIC F A B Manufacturer MicrosoftName Net AdapterPNP Device ID V NIC F A B Service NIC System Restore Points No restore point in system Installed Programs WIRE Wireless LAN - USB DriverActive DiskAdobe Acrobat Adobe Atmosphere Player for Acrobat and Adobe ReaderAdobe Download Manager Remove Only Adobe Flash Player ActiveXAdobe Photoshop ElementsAdobe Reader AnswerWorks RuntimeArcSoft PhotoBaseArcSoft PhotoStudio CA eTrust PestPatrolCamera WindowCanon Camera Window for ZoomBrowser EXCanon i DCanon PhotoRecordCanon Utilities Easy-PhotoPrintCanon Utilities PhotoStitch Canon Utilities ZoomBrowser EXCardRd CCScoreCheckIt DiagnosticsCheckIt DiagnosticsCobian Backup Corel ApplicationsCR Creative Jukebox DriverCreative MediaSourceCreative System InformationCreative Zen TouchCyberView X - SF v DigitalPrint DVC DriverDVDExpressDVgateEasy-WebPrintESSBrwrESSCDBKESScoreESSCTESSEMAILESSguiESShelpESSiniESSPCDESSPDockESSSONICESSTOOLSessvatgtessvcptESSvpahtESSvpotHighMAT Extension to Microsoft Windows XP CD Writing WizardHijackThis HLPIndexHLPPDOCKHLPSFOHotfix for Windows Internet Explorer KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB HP Memories DiscHP Photo and Imaging - Scanjet SeriesJava SDK SE v Kodak EasyShare softwareKSULyra Personal Audio Player RD Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareMedia Bar Memory Card UtilityMemory Stick FormatterMicrosoft NET Framework Microsoft NET Framework Hotfix KB Microsoft Data Access Components KB Microsoft IntelliPoint Microsoft IntelliType Pro Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIsMicrosoft National Language Support Downlevel APIsMicrosoft Office SoundsMicrosoft Office XP Media ContentMicrosoft Office XP ProfessionalMicrosoft Visual C RedistributableMicrosoft Windows Journal ViewerMotion JPEG Software DecoderMovieShaker Mozilla Firefox MSN Music AssistantMSXML SP KB MSXML SP KB MSXML SP KB Music Visualizer Library NotifierNVIDIA Windows XP Display DriversOffice Animation RuntimeOfotoXMIOmniPage Pro OpenMG Limited Patch - - - - OpenMG Secure Module OTtBPOTtBPSDKPalm DesktopPhotoPrinter ProPhotoStitchPicoPlayerPictureGear PKZIP Command Line for Windows PKZIP for Windows Presto ImageFolio Presto Mr PhotoPrint ServerQuickTimeRD Lyra Personal Audio Player ApplicationsRealJukeboxRealPlayer BasicRealProducer Basic Remove Hidden Data ToolRetrospect Samsung DVC Media Scan Manager Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training KB Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training KB Secur... Read more

A:Possible Maleware preventing ip name resolution

Please visit the following link and use the instructions there to post a ComboFix log as a reply to this topic:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixAfter running ComboFix, please post the ComboFix log as a reply to this

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225472/possible-maleware-preventing-ip-name-resolution/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi I want to stop my son accessing one of my drives on my pc which is always on because I use it for recording my cctv system. I don't want him to access my drives whilst its on how do I stop this as administrator?

A:preventing access to drive

Assuming each one uses different user accounts, you can do that simply by setting permissions, granting yourself full control over the whole drive, and nothing more, effectively denying access to everyone else.
Of course, that requires that your son NOT to be an administrator too, otherwise he would be able to lift the protection himself.

Alternatively, you may use programs like TrueCrypt to encrypt sensitive data on the drive so that nobody can read it. Just unmount the drive before leaving the computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/318146-preventing-access-drive.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello,

Is there something in W7, or might I need a separate program from somewhere, to prevent
usage of my desktop PC between certain hours ?

What's the best way, to do this, please ?

Thanks,
Bob

A:Preventing PC Usage Between Certain Hours: How ?

Use windows family safety.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...etting-kids-pc

Windows Essentials: Other Programs - Microsoft Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...fety=windows-7

http://winsupersite.com/windows-7/wi...-family-safety
Those links will give you all the information you need. It's very simple to set up, I just gave you multiple links so you have a good amount of information on what you can and cannot do before proceeding.
When you start the windows live essentials installer, choose select which products you want installed. If you only want family safety only choose that one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306488-preventing-pc-usage-between-certain-hours-how.html
Relevancy 33.54%

As 10 Preventing Windows download. a Win Home Premium user i can get the Win up-date for free I opted to reserve my up-date amp recently had the up-date icon automatically added to my PC taskbar on boot up I always have my up-dates set to ask me Preventing Windows 10 download. if i wanted to download them but the Win up-date starts on it's own I removed the KB up-date app which triggers the Win up-date but Win is still trying to download onto my PC without requesting my permission - is there any way that i can stop this I've deleted the KB app cancelled my Win up-date request re-set my up-date settings to request my permission amp it still Preventing Windows 10 download. goes on I really don't want Win at least just yet amp in reserving it i expected to have more control over if amp when i decided to download it It seems that isn't the way Win works - it's forced onto your PC whether you like it or not I just had a quick look in the Registry amp KB is there It makes me wonder that regardless of deleting the actual app in the Win up-dates whether it's presence in the Registry still triggers the download If that's the case then it's a pretty insidious way of doing things

A:Preventing Windows 10 download.

I have the same issue, I deleted that update and win 10 keeps trying to install itself.                                                                                                                                   

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585814/preventing-windows-10-download/
Relevancy 33.54%

every time i try to shut down the computer i get an error saying that the above is casusing the programme not to respond and prompting me to end manually. Does anyone know why this is happening. Running windows xp with sevice pack 2.

puffinstuff

A:jusched.exe preventing shut down of pc

jusched.exe is a process installed alongside Sun Microsystem's Java suite and checks for Java updates which involves usage of the Internet.

You can try reinstalling Java. Or check here for an update: http://java.sun.com/

If nothing works, try this:

Start>Run... type "msconfig" (without the"") and click ok

Go to the "startup" tab and uncheck anything to do with Java (I don't know exactly what thename will be). Click OK and restart (you'll still get an error this time)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/jusched-exe-preventing-shut-down-of-pc.655806/
Relevancy 33.54%

So I support a small network of users with basic things like getting connected to our network etc Unfortunately I don t support a lot of the higher end stuff like switch management and network security mainly working with the users I do get Preventing DNS Open Recursion these emails from upper authority about users who are being flagged for open dns recursion I have been able to test this on my end by running the NMAP tool It some cases though I cannot prevent this from happening A lot of the users have routers and usually it just needs to be updated to the latest firmware and then the user is good to go I have other cases where the user only plugs in Preventing Open DNS Recursion a laptop and all of their IP DNS settings are set to DHCP I have had them runs scans with MBAM and such not sure if a virus could cause this and still haven t been able to prevent this from happening They also aren t running any servers or anything on their computer I was wondering if anyone could provide some assistance on this I m not sure what else could cause open dns recursion but I m definitely missing something as I can t solve the problem I m not sure if knowing what service it is helps at all bind isc bind dnsmasq Also for some of the users the NMAP tool says that service was unrecognized and it lists a weird fingerprint and says if I know the service to submit it to some website Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

Sooooo i cant download google chrome or any other program that requires to connect to a server, Any idea how i can fix that? btw it works in safemode

A:Is My Firewall preventing me from downloading?

What 'firewall'?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/258494-my-firewall-preventing-me-downloading.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I'm trying to prevent a possibly infected external hard drive from running its autorun file on my system. The drive has not been connected to my computer yet.

I downloaded 'Panda USB Vaccine' to prevent this on initial connection; but I'm still not sure if I can safely "double-click", transfer, or peek around inside the drive, without accidentally activating autorun in the process? That could totally defeat the purpose of the Panda program.

A:preventing autorun from executing?

Hello Curious Mew,

You can use the tutorial below to completely block autorun.inf files before connecting it.

Autorun.inf Files - Completely Block

Just be sure to scan the HDD before opening it.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/252525-preventing-autorun-executing.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi people, I want to back up photo's/files to an EHD, but I keep many of them on the PC as well.
Is there a way of not duplicating back up of the already saved files, or will I just have to sort and delete them manually?

TIA.

Relevancy 33.54%

My lap is lenovo y580 and i'm struggling how to solve the problem. I allways gettin' BsOD when pc trying to go sleep or hibernate. Win 7 x64. I've tried to reinstall lenovo energy managment but same thing. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advice.

A:What preventing my pc from Sleep/hibernate

I don't know your PC type, but if you have to much memory installed Hibernation won't work.
Some 4GB is the maximum supported size.

Some powersupplies don't support hibernation either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/286245-what-preventing-my-pc-sleep-hibernate.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a Mobile Mouse 3000 (XP).
All of a sudden, when I press "standby", a message says - The mouse is preventing the operation.
The box is checked in Mouse properties and in USB controllers as well.
This problem started today and I even did a rollback to when the problem was not there, but I still have the problem. I also updated the driver.
Any advice?
Thanks
Paul

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-preventing-standby.948041/
Relevancy 33.54%

How can we prevent an Arp Man in the middle attack

Relevancy 33.54%

It seems like a virus is preventing me from logging on to my computer. The computer starts just fine but upon turning on, the screen is just blank. I cannot access safe mode either. Just before I discovered this problem I had done a partial scan of my computer with MalwareBytes and removed the viruses I found. Upon this, I was asked to restart the computer. Please help! Thank you.

A:Virus preventing login?

You might have to boot from your operating system disk and run a repair. The virus could have affected the mbr.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/119549-virus-preventing-login.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi there tech friends.
I am running Mozilla Firefox latest version on a iMac. My question is are there any ways of preventing the downloading of files on a user account? The Internet Explorer had this feature, but I cant seem to find in within Firefox. I want to set this iMac so that the downloading of files if not possible.
Thanks for your help.

A:Firefox, preventing downloads

I use Firefox on a PC. But I am wondering just what kind of files you're referring to.. To the best of my knowledge, the user has to accept a download-it doesn't just 'happen'.

Are you trying to limit downloads for a specific user? Restrict some access?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-preventing-downloads.84819/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hey On my system i originaly had 'Windows bit' Installed how ever i needed Install. fail soon preventing HDD more ram in my pc which was over the amount in which bit can use HDD fail soon preventing Install. I noticed that i also had a bit of Windows install disk as well as a bit version so i tryed to upgrade to bit from and i refused to upgrade so i did a complete fresh install I formated my HDD and the tryed to install the bit version when i can across this First of it takes ages to get to the language select sreen from selecting boot disk Secondly when i do select the language and click install now it takes for ever on the 'Setup is Starting ' Screen 'Not sure but i dont think these took so long when i installed it about months ago ' now for the major issues these are the Partitions it made last time they are all free and have nothing on them now Imageshack - snapshot jpg When i select the biggest or anyone of these i get a warning message at the bottom and a text bit saying show details somthing like that and it displays this when i click it Imageshack - snapshot jpg now if i just ignor this and go on and install it displays like the image below for about - mins then Imageshack - snapshot jpg it displays this error Imageshack - snapshot jpg Now i came here as at the moment i dont have the money to go out and buy a new 'SATA HDD' so im looking to hope i can solve the issue PS these images actually were taken trying to install bit instead of bit how ever ive way the results are the same

A:HDD fail soon preventing Install.

Test your HD's using maker's diagnostic/repair full CD scan: Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

Next run chkdsk /r on all HD's from Win7 DVD Repair console command line.

Next zero the HD using DISKPART Clean All command, to get the cleanest possible slate: Boot DVD>Repair console>Recovery tools, open Command Line, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK # (for Windows 7 disk)
clean
create partition primary
select partition 1
assign letter=c:
active
format
exit

Now return to Install Now to Custom install to partition you have just created.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/94814-hdd-fail-soon-preventing-install.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Yesterday I downloaded a bunch of games and one had a trojan. I hit delete and it appeared that everything was running just fine. This morning when I turned my comp on it said that the "windows/system/config/system" or something like that is missing or corrupt.

I stuck in my xp pro origional cd and tried to hit "R" and also tried to reinstall but as soon as I try that it tells me that it cannot find drivers for any hard disks and it forces me to press f3 to restart. I've tried hitting f8 for safe mode and that doesn't work either I get the same message from before (config/system).

Does anyone have any idea if it's possible to save my comp?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/nasty-trojan-preventing-me-from-doing-anything-327580.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I have an interesting problem:

I want to use a trainer for a game I'm playing. It's the only one I've been able to find but my antivirus is saying there's a key logger imbedded in it or some other kind of spyware.

If I run the trainer from a sandbox program, will it prevent the spyware from infecting my system?

A:Preventing key logger from running

I'd just not run it at all to be on the safe side. Yes you probably can get away with it using a sandbox program but, why take the risk? I'm sure there are plenty more programs like it that aren't infected.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f112/preventing-key-logger-from-running-578671.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello all This is my first time posting here so thanks in advance for any help I am letting a friend barrow a laptop it is running Windows Pro This friend has a history of doing bad things specific app a Preventing being from uninstalled to computers so I would like to safe guard it best as possible while still giving them enough control so that the computer fits their needs My plan is to setup a standard user account for them to use regularly that being said I would like to allow them to install new software as needed so I plan to provide them with a password to a local admin account and tell them to never log in as the local admin but they can use the password to install software when prompted With that being said I would like to install TeamViewer or some other remote desktop app so that I can log in and trouble shoot any issues they have Multiple people children included may use this computer and I would like to password protect the remote desktop app so that it Preventing a specific app from being uninstalled can NOT be uninstalled even if they have Preventing a specific app from being uninstalled local admin rights is this possible Are there any remote desktop apps that have this feature built in If I can't password protect a specific app is it possible to restrict the ability to uninstall all programs but still allow a user to install new programs Thanks on ofak nd

A:Preventing a specific app from being uninstalled

Quote: Originally Posted by on3ofak1nd

Hello all,

This is my first time posting here so thanks in advance for any help!

I am letting a friend barrow a laptop... it is running Windows 7 Pro. This friend has a history of doing bad things to computers so I would like to safe guard it best as possible while still giving them enough control so that the computer fits their needs. My plan is to setup a standard user account for them to use regularly... that being said I would like to allow them to install new software as needed so I plan to provide them with a password to a local admin account and tell them to never log in as the local admin... but they can use the password to install software when prompted.

With that being said I would like to install TeamViewer or some other remote desktop app so that I can log in and trouble shoot any issues they have. Multiple people (children included) may use this computer and I would like to password protect the remote desktop app so that it can NOT be uninstalled even if they have local admin rights... is this possible? Are there any remote desktop apps that have this feature built in?

If I can't password protect a specific app, is it possible to restrict the ability to uninstall all programs but still allow a user to install new programs?

Thanks,
on3ofak1nd

The above should tell you all you need to know. Don't lend it to him.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/386643-preventing-specific-app-being-uninstalled.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Ok so i downloaded diablo 2 from a torrent and i unpacked it with 7-zip file manager and it has a list of all the game functions,info,sounds,etc. When i click on the install exe. it pops up with an error saying the program can't start because binkw32.dll is missing from your computer but the dll. file is in the sitting there in the file directory with everything else so i even re registered the dll.file to C:windows\system32 (the default system directory) using regsvr32 /s C:\windows\system32\binkw32.dll in C:windows\system32\cmd.exe which worked sucsefully but i am still getting this error

What i need to know is how to fix dll. file errors from screwing me every time I try to install a game. If anyone knows how to stop these errors permanently or temperately please tell me.

A:Installation errors preventing me from doing anything

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxbloodawgxX

Ok so i downloaded diablo 2 from a torrent and i unpacked it with 7-zip file manager and it has a list of all the game functions,info,sounds,etc. When i click on the install exe. it pops up with an error saying the program can't start because binkw32.dll is missing from your computer but the dll. file is in the sitting there in the file directory with everything else so i even re registered the dll.file to C:windows\system32 (the default system directory) using regsvr32 /s C:\windows\system32\binkw32.dll in C:windows\system32\cmd.exe which worked sucsefully but i am still getting this error

What i need to know is how to fix dll. file errors from screwing me every time I try to install a game. If anyone knows how to stop these errors permanently or temperately please tell me.

against the rules (2 or more)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installation-errors-preventing-me-from-doing-anything-545908.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello all, Im going to try and be as descriptive as I can here, because my problem is with something that most people dont have a problem with.

Basically, I like to use the right mouse click to always organize things by when they were modified. I ussually remember files easier that way. However, windows has this feature that while it may benefit some in my case its a big annoyance. WHenever I put a bunch of music files into a folder the option to arrange things by when they were modifed dissapears and is replaced with "Arrange by track number". If anyone knows how to prevent windows from automatically doing this I would appreciate it if you could tell me. :)

A:Preventing the annoying switch.

try itunes for your music library

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/preventing-the-annoying-switch-93474.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello I was an idiot and attempted to install something from a website I didn t know anything about As a result my computer has gone crazy I can t log into parts of gmail yahoo etc using preventing Solved: Internet! the from me Something is because I keep getting messages telling me to contact my administrator myself or scan my computer for viruses Solved: Something is preventing me from using the Internet! and Trojans I used spybot search and destroy and AVG and they catch tons of things but the removal process doesn t seem to work Also I get lots of popups and my google search results are definitely tampered with somehow or another My browser also crashes at random times Yuk Windows XP machine SP nothing too fancy Can someone help me Here s my hijackthis file I know that I have Covenant Eyes nmSvc exe on my computer so no need to ask about that one Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system PROMon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files CE nmSvc exe C WINDOWS System NMSSvc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data udinajkv exe C Program Files RssBandit RSSBandit exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Sound Station SNXUACP exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS TEMP exe C WINDOWS TEMP monlook exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Documents and Settings Ryan Lagola Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe O - HKLM Run PROMon exe PROMon exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NMSVC C Program Files CE nmSvc exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run runner C WINDOWS retadpu exe A B BBF B FB F B E B F AA EBD D C B F O - HKLM Run udinajkv exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data udinajkv exe O - HKLM Run Genuine rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system wjmvditw dll quot realset O - HKLM Run SManager smanager exe O - HKLM Run avp C WINDOWS TEMP exe O - HKLM Run CTDrive rundll exe C WINDOWS system drvxov dll startup O - HKLM Run smgr smgr exe O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - HKCU Run BitTorrent quot C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe quot --force start minimized O - HKCU Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run RssBandit quot C Program Files RssBandit RSSBandit exe quot -t O - HKCU Run Arma quot C PROGRA RACLE dvdplay exe quot -vt yazb O - Global Startup BTTray lnk O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Sound Station lnk C Program Files Sound Station SNXUACP exe O - Extra context menu item Send To amp Bluetooth - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie ctx htm O - Extra context menu item Subscribe in RSS Bandit - C Documents and Settings Ryan Lagola Application Data RssBandit iecontext subscribebandit htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Jav... Read more

Relevancy 33.54%

Hello all I can successfully create a VPN connection to my work network using the Windows client and can access the network locations at work However when I internet from Preventing tunneling VPN am connected to the VPN my internet seems to be tunneled through it This is evident Preventing VPN from tunneling internet due to a drop in download speed and Firefox starts to use OpenDNS Preventing VPN from tunneling internet for its address bar searches which is used on my work network Disconnecting from the VPN returns by internet speed back to normal and my Firefox address bar searches revert back to google Some searching on the internet has shown that if I can uncheck the quot Use default gateway on remote network quot box for the TCP IPv and TCP IPv items Preventing VPN from tunneling internet in the VPN connection properties this should prevent this from happening Although I have done this for both items I am still getting reduced internet speed albeit not as badly as before and OpenDNS pops up again Any ideas on how to solve this I am using Windows Ultimate -bit Thanks --Amr

A:Preventing VPN from tunneling internet

Sounds like you're running into a split tunneling problem.

What kind of VPN is it? When you set it up did you leave the type as "Automatic"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/57216-preventing-vpn-tunneling-internet.html