Windows Support Forum

HD switching and subsequent RAID and BSOD failure

Q: HD switching and subsequent RAID and BSOD failure

This may well be the longest story of a failing computer you ve ever seen It started well over half a year ago and my Dell Dimension has been giving and and switching subsequent RAID failure BSOD HD me agony ever since Excuse me about all the detail in this I am clueless as to what the problem is so I included everything My computer use to give me grief by going to the dreaded BSOD on random occasions I was less computer literate at the time so I thought nothing of them A few months down the line an icon pops up and subsequently reappeared every other hour the HD switching and subsequent RAID and BSOD failure computer was on saying that there is a S M A R T event occurring on my Western Digital HD specs not important as you will see later I follow the icon to the Intel Storage Management system and it tells me that the HD is working fine I carry on gaming and general time wasting paying no attention to the S M A R T event the blue screens were still coming thick and fast My tolerance grew thin however and I started asking my computer-knowledgeable friends what on earth was going on - they simply said my computer was screwed and I had no chance in hell My computer also began to make a very disturbing noise it sounded like a loose fan case vibrating inside my computer so I simply blew into the fan vent at the right angle and intensity and the noise subsided for a few precious minutes pardon my ignorance What I didn t realise then that I have now is that the fan was part of the PSU no spec at hand sorry I decided to buy a new HD and see if the S M A R T events disappeared I bought a new SATA Hitachi HD rpm GB that seemed perfectly suitable my old WD HD was SATA also When I opened the computer and took out the old HD there were bubble-marks on the plastic cover - I presume that they were evidence of heat damage Ignoring this I did the following plugged the new HD into SATA port with my old one in SATA port turned it on in the BIOS booted the computer on USB CD Rom partitioned and formatted the new HD and installed Win XP I switched the old HD with the new HD so that the ports were now respectively and got the computer running After entering all the details to personalise the computer I tried to copy my old data across to my new HD I encountered a problem that caused copying to stop something about msfi line terminating - not the actual name but it had m but managed to get some important data across in small chunks as soon as I tried to copy it across in one go it got pissy I began to use the computer properly again for about or days when the BSODs came back again I decided hoping that it the easiest answer was the right one that I should remove the old HD I took it out sealed it in a plastic bag and turned it off in the BIOS I now have the new Hitachi HD in SATA port - hasn t been moved since the install I turn the computer on and it works a treat Few months down the line few days ago and I hit the series of random BSODs again This time the computer reboots and says that it has just recovered and I quote from a serious error I report it an option that came up and it comes up with a Microsoft website that says that there is a problem with my RAID controller Correct me if I m wrong but I thought that RAID was a configuration that dealt with multiple drives as a single drive I have one drive in there I followed a link to Intel Corporation website and tried to download the latest driver for the RAID controller It downloaded it tried to install but as soon as the bar hit a message pops up and says that my system doesn t meet the minimum system requirements after already entering Win XP as my OS I give up and decide to chill out after surfing for about mins I find that there is a Win XP service pack that I haven t downloaded I download it install it and everything is normal I say normal but what I mean is that five minutes later I am hit with another BSOD This time I uninstall the RAID controller reinstall and update the drivers all through the use of device manager I thought this would fix it but no I kept living with it for the next few days up till now and I have just been hit with consecutive BSODs in the space of mins of on time I decided that since I had no need for RAID that there was something wrong with the BIOS settings making it seem like that there was another HD or something I stumble across an option for driver configuration That gave me roughly the following options forgive me I am using my laptop as my computer is frozen trying to format a partition all will come clear RAID or AHCI RAID or ATA Combine PATA SATA I recognised the SATA and the RAID and thought that I could fix the problem by changing it to the combine option the factory default is the first one - RAID or AHCI It comes up with a message saying that it may cause the need to reinstall the OS I rummage around and after mins with the OS install disk in my hand I click save exit The computer reboots gets past the POST hits the Win XP loading screen and BSODS I reboot hit F to change the boot sequence to CDROM chose repair XP it finishes I reboot and it hasn t worked I figure that it needs to be a proper install so I try again all the previous steps but I hit install instead of repair It says that I already have that OS on that HD so I decide to partition another space to install it on there My computer is currently frozen on the formatting screen NTFS formatting after I partitioned - not the Quick option if you are wondering at One bit of information BIOS event logs state the error I experience when loading up the computer after changing to the Combine option in the BIOS is a Keyboard error I changed keyboard using the same PS slot and same error I didn t think it would fix it but it was worth a try Right Am I missing something glaringly obvious Am I doing something stupid How do I get re install an OS without installing two on the same HD Should I buy a new computer I m about to manually turn off my computer when it s formatting a partition so please feel free to flame me because of my stupidity in your following posts Thank-you for your patience and concentration nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HD switching and subsequent RAID and BSOD failure

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HD switching and subsequent RAID and BSOD failure

Try installing a new power supply before you give up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-switching-and-subsequent-raid-and-bsod-failure.122762/
Relevancy 83.42%

A BSOD appeared on my screen and windows failed to boot on all subsequent attempts. A fresh installation of Windows also didn't complete, because the BSOD shows up again.

Current OS: Windows 7 x86 Professional
Original OS: Windows Vista Home Premium x86
System: HP Pavilion dv2910tx (bought in November 2008)
Windows 7 installed 9-10 months ago.

The perfmon html and Windows NT6 BSOD jcgriff2 folder are attached in zip format below.

A:BSOD and subsequent failure to boot

Hello and Welcome !

Seems like Marvell Yukon Ethernet Controller is causing the System to crash. Uninstall and reinstall driver. First thing i would recommend to uninstall Kaspersky completely and use the Removal Tool use this guide Removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products

There are lot of old dated drivers please update them

Code:
xaudio.sys Wed Jul 11 02:57:55 2007
SCDEmu.SYS Tue Aug 07 05:45:06 2007
rixdptsk.sys Mon Jul 30 08:24:01 2007
rimsptsk.sys Mon Jul 30 07:12:56 2007
rimmptsk.sys Wed Aug 08 17:12:07 2007
HpqKbFiltr.sys Tue Jun 19 03:42:03 2007
HpqRemHid.sys Wed Jul 11 21:00:21 2007
HSX_CNXT.sys Wed Jun 20 23:58:20 2007
HSX_DPV.sys Wed Jun 20 23:59:51 2007
HSXHWAZL.sys Wed Jun 20 23:58:32 2007
btwaudio.sys Wed Sep 05 01:08:00 2007
btwavdt.sys Fri Jul 13 04:34:57 2007
btwrchid.sys Fri Jul 13 04:36:31 2007
ATSwpDrv.sys Wed Aug 29 01:17:32 2007
Apfiltr.sys Wed Apr 18 08:33:25 2007
netw5v32.sys Fri Aug 29 12:18:42 2008
klbg.sys Mon Dec 15 22:11:09 2008
iaStor.sys Fri Dec 05 02:04:07 2008
Bugcheck:

Code:
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: 85582690, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: 82f29ae0, Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: 86fabcc0, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for yk62x86.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for yk62x86.sys

DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3

IRP_ADDRESS: 86fabcc0

DEVICE_OBJECT: 87116028

DRIVER_OBJECT: 870e7e28

IMAGE_NAME: yk62x86.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 49a2b642

MODULE_NAME: yk62x86

FAULTING_MODULE: 923a8000 yk62x86

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 82e3f054 to 82edfd10

STACK_TEXT:
82f29a94 82e3f054 0000009f 00000003 85582690 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
82f29b00 82e3e8e8 82f29bac 00000000 82f36280 nt!PopCheckIrpWatchdog+0x1f5
82f29b38 82e6d04d 82f44a20 00000000 da836de5 nt!PopCheckForIdleness+0x73
82f29b7c 82e6cff1 82f2cd20 82f29ca8 00000001 nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x50
82f29c68 82e6ceae 82f2cd20 82f29ca8 00000000 nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0x101
82f29cdc 82e6b20e 000ab1b8 894b2d48 82f36280 nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x25c
82f29d20 82e6b038 00000000 0000000e 00000000 nt!KiRetireDpcList+0xcb
82f29d24 00000000 0000000e 00000000 00000000 nt!KiIdleLoop+0x38
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_IMAGE_yk62x86.sys

BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_IMAGE_yk62x86.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

eax=82f3a17c ebx=85c43002 ecx=000000a7 edx=00000000 esi=82f2cd20 edi=00000000
eip=82edfd10 esp=82f29a78 ebp=82f29a94 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
cs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00000202
nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e:
82edfd10 cc int 3
0: kd> lmvm yk62x86
start end module name
923a8000 923f8000 yk62x86 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: yk62x86.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\yk62x86.sys
Image name: yk62x86.sys
Timestamp: Mon Feb 23 20:14:18 2009 (49A2B642)
CheckSum: 0004E61C
ImageSize: 00050000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/111902-bsod-subsequent-failure-boot.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi all I would greatly bootups after freezing upon subsequent BSOD wake, minutes subsequent appreciate some help as I've hit a real roadblock My freshly built PC was working like a gem for about a month I left the computer on over a weekend BSOD upon wake, subsequent freezing minutes after subsequent bootups in BSOD upon wake, subsequent freezing minutes after subsequent bootups July when I was away only to come home to a blue screen Since then every time I would boot up Windows would completely freeze on me within minutes I wiped my drives and reinstalled the OS which seemed to work for a day or so but then it BSOD'd again Since then I've run memtest overnight with no errors tried running the computer with one stick of RAM out at a time and switched the SATA ports my drives were plugged in to Nothing has worked Just getting these tests done for this post required about five restarts Here's the requested info as per the sticky Let me know if you need anything else and thank you so much in advance Code OS - Windows bit Retail Original OS - Windows I built the computer in June Age of system hardware - Months Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS Yes Less than a month ago CPU - Intel Core i K Video Card Powercolor Radeon HD MotherBoard ASUS P P -M Pro Power Supply - brand amp wattage - Seasonic S II Bronze W System Manufacturer - I put it together

A:BSOD upon wake, subsequent freezing minutes after subsequent bootups

Just a bump after 48.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-upon-wake-subsequent-freezing-minutes-after-subsequent-bootups-598129.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,

I write this still traumatized by a battle with viruses which was finally resolved yesterday. (Closed Hijack This Forum Post here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...galgar-dy.html)

After doing a Repair Install, I installed Windows Updates, (successfully after MANY failed attempts), and tried to install IE7. Installation failed multiple times.

Now, IE6 gives me this message:

"Windows cannot find '(null)'. Make sure you typed the name correctly then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search."

I can open pages from sites and links INSIDE the browser window, (below the address bar, etc), but any clicking on buttons from the tool and navigation bars give me the pop-up with this error message, and another blank IE6 window.

thanks in advance for looking at my issue!

A:IE7 Installation Failure & Subsequent IE6 Error Messages

Hello

Try and download it from one of these three links then install it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx
https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...displaylang=en
http://www.download.com/Internet-Exp...-10595922.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-installation-failure-and-subsequent-ie6-error-messages-187430.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I just changed my disk setup from SATA HDD Primary OS Disk x SATA HDD Backup Disks in RAID TO SATA SSD Primary OS Disk SATA HDD Backup Disk No RAID Windows Start RAID/AHCI at SATA BSOD setting BIOS Switching causes Everything worked great no problem So since I don't have a RAID array anymore I decided that I could change my BIOS setting to AHCI instead of RAID I have a Gigabyte GA-P -DS R v mobo These are my steps Settings gt Integrated Peripherals gt quot SATA RAID AHCI Mode quot RAID -- gt Changed this setting to AHCI Reboot Windows Start screen shows up but as the color orbs are spinning into focus BSOD and immediate restart Repeated reboot several times same outcome Next Switching BIOS SATA RAID/AHCI setting causes BSOD at Windows Start Step Launch BIOS settings Integrated Peripherals gt quot Onboard SATA IDE Ctrl Mode quot RAID -- gt Changed this setting to AHCI Reboot Windows Start screen shows up but as the color orbs are spinning into focus BSOD and immediate restart Repeated reboot several times same outcome Switch both settings back to RAID reboot and Windows starts up just fine no issues What am I missing Why can't I set it to AHCI mode without BSODs

A:Switching BIOS SATA RAID/AHCI setting causes BSOD at Windows Start

This is a hard one. As I'm sure you know, there should be no difference (to Windows) for RAID vs AHCI. It is normally the same driver, and the same registry setting.

So here is my WAG: maybe you need to have all 3 hard drives connected to break the RAID and change to AHCI.

Once completed, you would then remove the extra drive. Hopefully you have not formatted or changed that drive at all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/221972-switching-bios-sata-raid-ahci-setting-causes-bsod-windows-start.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I ordered a 3620 with 2 hard drives configured for RAID 0. It has already shipped. I realize now that I made a mistake and should have ordered the RAID 1 configuration. I realize this will reduce my total drive capacity.
Also, I'm planning on adding a 3rd HDD that I do not wanted to be included in the RAID. Any help on switching RAID levels and adding the 3rd drive would be appreciated. I'm expecting the machine to arrive tomorrow.
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19997378
Relevancy 59.77%

I get a BSOD for the first boot of the day, however a reboot works, and if I restart the computer again it is also ok.

I thought it might be a memory problem but a memtest doesn't show any issues.

I have followed the BSOD instructions and have attached the zip.

This is my first post so hope I have done everything correctly.

Thanks for any help.

Richard

A:Chilly BSOD? Happens on first boot, subsequent ones are ok

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!

Code:
BugCheck A, {17, 2, 0, 82c98cb2}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiUnlinkWaitBlocks+b )
Code:
82d62bb8 82d62c14 nt!KiDoubleFaultStack+0x2c14
82d62bbc 82c9a8c0 nt!KeUpdateSystemTime+0x613
82d62bc0 8f6025d6*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for intelppm.sys
intelppm+0x15d6
82d62bc4 f210862c

Code:
BugCheck C5, {4, 2, 1, 82d29568}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for npf_devolo.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for npf_devolo.sys
Probably caused by : npf_devolo.sys ( npf_devolo+34a9 )

Code:
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 82e591c5, 9bc5f4f4, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avgmfx86.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgmfx86.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgmfx86.sys
Probably caused by : luafv.sys ( luafv!LuafvNormalizeNameComponentEx+bb )
Update your CPU driver.
Update WinPcap.
Uninstall AVG and install Microsoft Security Essentials for testing purposes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/387775-chilly-bsod-happens-first-boot-subsequent-ones-ok.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello all. I'm constantly coming with google/yahoo/misc. redirects linking me to random websites and occasionally websites saying that my computer is infected. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition SP3. I was searching on the internet for a comic to download during the time and came upon a questionable website. The BSOD occured after I tried to exclude a number of start up services and services using msconfig.

All I've done is start up in Safe Mode with Networking and gone into msconfig and excluded all startup programs except for avgtray, atiptaxx, dumprep 0 -k, ctfmon. As for services, I've unchecked all that aren't Microsoft Services.

BSOD error is given as DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_oR_EQUAL
STOP: 0X000000D1 (0XE1DCA000, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0XEBD810AD5)

Thank you!

A:Search Engine Redirect/Hijack and Subsequent BSOD

Undo everything you did in MSConfig and see if it will boot back into Windows.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/249124/search-engine-redirecthijack-and-subsequent-bsod/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a raid on my system drive and the raid controller is built into the motherboard.

I'm considering getting a new motherboard and want to know what I have to do to make the transition? Does simply installing the new raid drivers into the existing OS prior to transfer do the trick? How do I prepare my existing opperating system for the transfer.

A:Help - Switching raid controllers

Yes transferring the drivers prior to switching systems would be the best thing to do. Also make sure the Chipset drivers are preinstalled Everything else you can do after the switch.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-switching-raid-controllers.58270/
Relevancy 57.19%

Here is the deal ... I have an intel entry level server moboard SE7210TP-1E and one of the usb onboard connectors is not working ... now this would not be a problem b/c i have more than enough USB ports, but the people around here are conserned that if a usb controler is not working on the motherboard then what else may be wrong with it.

While gettint the proper rma information from intel I had forgotton that i have a raid array ... now i know that the raid information is stored on the raid controler and it also brought up an interesting question ... will/can the raid array be reconized by the new (presumablly identical) raid card or will it be lost ... which leads me to wonder what would happen if the raid card dies instead of a harddrive?

Thanks in advance,
spacecracker

A:Switching raid controllers

Some RAID controllers save the array setup on the array and can reload it from there, but I couldn't guarantee that your board's does. USB ports dying is not uncommon, it does not signify the imminent death of the rest of the board, the ports are just a bit fragile.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switching-raid-controllers.362898/
Relevancy 57.19%

Okay so I have a Dell XPS 8300. I have an SSD with windows on it and then 1 TB of Seagate HDDs as "slaves". The slave is (was) a RAID 0 setup. One of the HDDs was making a high pitch sound so I disable RAID using ctrl i and figured out which one. So, the problem is, now that I know which HDD it is, I reconnected the other good HDD so I could still have a 500 gb slave, but windows will not recognize the HDD. The BIOS does, but Windows does not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Switching HDD from RAID to NON RAID

RAID 0 writes in stripes across the drives so if you remove 1, the volume is broken. You would have to make a copy of the contents of the "slaves" then either copy that to the single HDD or add another, set up the RAID and restore the backup.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19596428
Relevancy 56.76%

OK I'm stumped. Currently using Onboard RAID1 which is just a pair of 1TB SATA drives that boots into windows 8.1. SATA BIOS mode is set to RAID.

I need want to switch the onboard SATA mode to AHCI so I can boot to SSD, instead.

I'm sure some have tried this: If you just clone the RAID partition as it sits on to the SSD, it will not boot the SSD when the SATA Bios mode is set to AHCI.

So, besides a bare-metal reinstall, how do move my Win8.1 installation on to the SSD so that when its all done the SSD will boot into windows and the SATA Bios is in AHCI mode? I'm not opposed to purchasing software like Macrium or Acronis if any of those can do the job.

It seems like anyone using onboard RAID would have run into this problem after purchasing an SSD.

A:Migrating from RAID to SSD and switching to AHCI

If you wish, you could try:
Open Admin command prompt: bcdedit /set {current} safeboot minimal
Restart to BIOS and set to AHCIRestart. Windows will boot into safe mode and will update the driver.Open Admin command prompt: bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safebootShutdown the PC and disconnect 1 disk.Restart to boot Windows Normally.If goes well, use Macrium Reflect Free to clone your SSD.
Hope this helps !!!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/53429-migrating-raid-ssd-switching-ahci.html
Relevancy 56.33%

While dealing with another issue, I've been told that I should switch my SATA mode from RAID to AHCI. I do not have a RAID array and don't plan to. However, I've been told that I would need drivers for this, and I'm not sure if my Windows installation has them or not. I don't want to switch modes only to boot Windows and have it corrupted or god-knows-what. So could someone tell me if it's possible to just switch? Or should I check for drivers first?

A:Switching SATA Mode from RAID to AHCI

First of all, is it really currently set to RAID mode in the BIOS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/290194-switching-sata-mode-raid-ahci.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Dell workstation with a 500-GB RAID 1 array, using Intel Matrix Manager and running XP Pro. I want to replace the two physical drives in that array with a pair of 1-GB drives. My current drives have three partitions; I'd like the new drives to have the same content in the same partitions, but to enlarge two of the partitions slightly and make the third partition at least 400 GB.

How do I go about this?

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello everyone. I was fiddling with my BIOS settings and since I heard that RAID 0 was faster than AHCI mode I tried switching my AHCI to RAID. Upon doing so my pc had a BSOD during the windows 7 startup logo. I was just curious if this is because my SSD doesn't support being ran in RAID or is it because I need to reinstall my OS after switching to RAID? Thanks everyone

A:Switching from AHCI to RAID issue need advice

mrjgriffin said:

Hello everyone. I was fiddling with my BIOS settings and since I heard that RAID 0 was faster than AHCI mode I tried switching my AHCI to RAID. Upon doing so my pc had a BSOD during the windows 7 startup logo. I was just curious if this is because my SSD doesn't support being ran in RAID or is it because I need to reinstall my OS after switching to RAID? Thanks everyone Click to expand...

Bad choice. RAID requires its own format and thus the BSOD. You will be luck if reversing the action will correct it AND still have data on it.

btw: Even Microsoft says never use Raid-x for the boo drive :sigh:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/switching-from-ahci-to-raid-issue-need-advice.218423/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a functional Windows Server running on an ASUS P Q motherboard I have a boot drive two partitions on SATA which -- to Windows 2003 Boot Switching on Drive RAID is setup as quot IDE quot ie not quot RAID quot in the BIOS Now I want to install an identical drive on another of the SATA ports and establish a RAID mirror configuration I think I have a quot chicken amp egg quot problem When I set the BIOS to quot RAID quot then Windows blue screens quickly after starting to boot I am sure that it needs to load a RAID driver to boot from that drive However it needs to successfully boot to load the driver Is there a way for me to boot in the working mode quot IDE quot change the Windows driver to the RAID driver then re-boot successfully If not is my only option to re-install Windows in quot repair quot mode and have it load the drivers by using Windows 2003 -- Switching to RAID on Boot Drive quot F quot If I do this will I have to subsequently re-install anything that is already working Many many thanks in advance Craig nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-switching-to-raid-on-boot-drive.746245/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi All,

I have an Intel D975XBX motherboard which has 4 SATA ports that are on an Intel controller and 4 SATA ports that are Silicon Image. For some reason when my computer was built they connected my drives to the Silicon Image ports in a RAID0 configuration using a softraid instead of the intel hardware option. I would like to switch the drives to the Intel controller (the data transfer rate of the intel is 3 GB/s vs the silicon image which is 1.5 GB/s).

Can I do this without re-installing the OS?

Can I take a backup of my drive now, make the switch, setup the RAID0 partions (which wipes the drives), and then recover the backup?

Any advise is appreciated!

Thanks,

Kibosh

A:Switching RAID from Silicon Image to Intel on a D975XBX

You can do all of that with Norton Ghost. The only real problems I forsee are:

What are you going to store the backup image on? You can't store the image on a partition you're going to delete and then recover the image and you can't store the image on the same partition you're backingup.

You'll need to install the Intel RAID driver in your OS before you create the backup or when you do change disk controller cards and use the backup image to reinstall everything your computer will not boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/switching-raid-from-silicon-image-to-intel-on-a-d975xbx.86173/
Relevancy 53.75%

Specs IDE GB Master No Slave Drv IDE DVDRW Master DVDROM Slave ATA PCI card installed IDE GB Master GB Slave IDE empty both HD's after switching Failure Boot channels When I attempted to move the GB into the Slave position of IDE I Boot Failure after switching HD's lost everything and I mean everything The BIOS reconizes the GB and DVD s plus the ATA drv s at startup but after the boot device s are identified I get the error message quot Boot Failure - insert disk into drive A quot I have since tried different IDE cables no luck various different jumper settings for the GB and GB I have tried to re-ghost Boot Failure after switching HD's each drv in the master position of IDE from an clean image from the GB drv using Norton Ghost still the same error message The BIOS and the startup screen differ in two small area s in reference to the HD geometry everything is the same Boot Failure after switching HD's on both screens area except for LBA is ON inside the BIOS but not at bootup and the same for quot bit mode quot Would this having any effect on the boot failure I hate to think I damaged my MB when swapping drv s around but it is possible I m sure no I didnt ground myself either Looking for some suggestions ie replace CMOS battery is there a program that will scan my MB for errors on a floppy of course that works Will a reinstall for scratch do the trick please reply and thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-failure-after-switching-hds.412909/
Relevancy 53.32%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc RAID load RAID<input when on windows to tries driver no with BSOD system type= U CN B BJ Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Originally every - mos now every - wks during windows startup I get a blue screen quot A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer quot I disconnect power wait a couple of minutes and restart It restarts normally then I get quot The system BSOD when windows tries to load RAID driver on system with no RAID<input type= has recovered from a serious error - please tell Microsoft quot I send error report Windows error reporting responds quot Download and install driver for RAID controller from Intel website quot I follow the link and download iata env exe but when I try to run it I get quot BSOD when windows tries to load RAID driver on system with no RAID<input type= This computer BSOD when windows tries to load RAID driver on system with no RAID<input type= does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software quot This doesn t surprise me since I do not have a RAID controller on this system My question is - how do I stop Windows from looking for RAID drivers to load at startup There is no RAID controller listed in Device Manager so I can t disable it there This started some months after I upgraded some Intel drivers about yrs ago but I do not know what they were or how to un-upgrade them nbsp

A:BSOD when windows tries to load RAID driver on system with no RAID<input type=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-when-windows-tries-to-load-raid-driver-on-system-with-no-raid-input-type.1002624/
Relevancy 51.6%

HP m n HP direct info http h www hp com ewfrf wc amp cc us amp dlc en Possible RAID failure. HDD amp lc en amp jumpid reg R USEN Windows XP Media Center assumed patch but unknown x GB SATA HDDs in an unknown RAID configuration The computer is - years old This computer has recently stopped working properly Windows freezes up shortly after booting I tried using the windows XP CD to recover the data but it said something along the lines of HDD failure and gave me the following error Stop x b xf d xc x x I then attempted logging into windows recovery in safe modem and attempted Windows Recovery from a previous working date from two weeks ago It gave me the message that an attempt to write ove read-over memory failed refering to win k sys I didn t take note of the following error code I then just attempted to start windows normally but I got the Possible HDD RAID failure. same error with code x BE xBF x xB D BA x C Win k sys -address BF base at BF If you need any more information Possible HDD RAID failure. I d attempt to collect it The computer is currently running from a Ubuntu LIVE CD The computer also is not my own I can assume it s some type of HDD failure due to the age and use of no-name HDDs in RAID I don t know what informatio is stored on the HDDs so I don t intend to reformat unless needed I simply want to upgrade to Vista but I don t have a license to do this with at the moment and I d rather stay legit on a computer I don t own I can t get any information from the owner of the computer because she is currently hospitialized nbsp

A:Possible HDD RAID failure.

Did you hit F6 and use the RAID drivers when booting the XP CD? XP won't recognize the SATA drives in a RAID configuration by itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-hdd-raid-failure.819391/
Relevancy 51.6%

First of all I did not Please I Help! nothing and know failure 0 RAID back up important data I am dumb I know this I have learned a lesson Now This is whats up I have a RAID configuration and one of the drives isn t working I did the recovery console chkdsk r it said one or Please Help! RAID 0 failure and I know nothing more areas are unrecoverable Then I did chkdsk p and it said the same The biggest worry is can I recover the striped data It seems as if the drive malfunctioned but my data is still there right What can I do to get the data back What am I looking at for cost Are music photos videos particularly the wedding videos my wife is freaking about worth the effort to try and recover this info Any advice would be appreciated Please don t tell me what I have already learned which is don t be lazy and not back up data I should note THis all started from the big blue screen that said Unmountable Boot Volume nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-raid-0-failure-and-i-know-nothing.38123/
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently ran into a bit of trouble involving my Raid Drives Raid 0 Failure I have three hard-drives with GB drives Raid 0 Failure in a Raid array However after a restart the computer showed this during start-up Controller Bus Device F Function Ports Devices Port- Hard Disk ------------------------- lt Drive is controlled by the RAID BIOS gt Port- Hard Disk ------------------------- lt Drive is controlled by the RAID BIOS gt Port- No Device Detected Port- CDROM PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- Port- No Device Detected Port- No Device Detected Under the Intel Matrix Storage Manager It listed my RAID array as failed Name Level Strip Size Status Bootable Volume RAID Stripe KB GB Failed No and only listed two of my hard drives with green text You can see it does detect my missing drive but doesn t recognise it on Port- I checked the wiring and everyone works except for the missing drive After that either the window logo loads OR it gets to the safe mode selection resulting in a BSOD x B - xF E xc ------------- I tried going around in the BIOS and tweaking the settings and I only managed to startup with my backup drive on IDE However it still crashes on RAID mode even when I disconnected the other two drives Whilst I know that a Raid failure usually means all the data is unsalvageable but this happened after someone tried to wreck my desktop by uninstalling a few drivers This fits with the BSOD error code I was considering deleting and recreating my Raid array but it wouldn t solve the missing disk problem I want to ask if the Raid failure is due to one of the hard drives failing or corrupted or the result of the drivers being uninstalled If so is it possible to fix this Luckily I use my laptop when I go around so most of my data is backed up But it would be nice if I could get my hard drives working again Thanks alot if you can help nbsp

A:Raid 0 Failure

The issue is likely a corrupt partition table(PT) in the missing drive.

RAID-x creates its own PT and when corrupted, the drive is not accessible.

The first thing you will need to do is to reinstall the OS, which means reformatting.
Be sure to NOT USE the quick format method -- you need the entire disk to be low-level
formatting -- might as well do ALL the drives as you don't want to do this very often (or ever again).

Load the RAID drivers, but do not use RAID for the boot volume, just for the two data drives.

Now reinstall the OS and then deal with the initialization of the two other drives and recovering your data.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-failure.146654/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have(had) a raid 0 setup with two WD 200GB SE's. I boot up the other day to find out one of them is faulty. Please keep the back up flames down to a dull roar. I know I may have lost everything, but I don't feel like giving in so easily. Is there anything I could do to try to recover the data, how would you guys go about trying to salvage the unsalvagable? You suggestions are greatly appreciated.

A:RAID 0 Failure

You have a stripe over 2 disks, and now you have lost 1 disk, and you have no backup?

I don't fancy your chances.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-failure.14076/
Relevancy 51.6%

Here I stand before you awaiting chastisement for being a very thilly thothidge My RAID stripe has failed It was'nt meant to do that and no I 0 Failure RAID did not RAID 0 Failure back up all the important information gig of programs apps and irreplaceable downloads collected over the past months The pop-up menu reports such failure and as this was Intel Matrix Raid I am wondering if it is possible to rebuild the stripe There is no option in the menu to do this so does anyone have any clue as to how this may be achieved Feel absolutely free to give me a verbal 'butt kicking' as this stupidity deserves nothing less My Specs Asus P P- E Deluxe mb x mb Geil PC DDR Ram x Maxtor gig SATA drives y m nVidia fx xt gpu watt Antec True Power psu ghz P ghz Northwood If I can not rebuild the array RAID will not be reinstalled ever again or until such time as I have some external HDD for backup Either that or developing better housekeeping habits ie burning important info to CD So embarrassing Jon

A:RAID 0 Failure

One of the marvels of raid 0 when ones goes there both gone.
Most people misunder stand Raid and forget you still need to backup.
Do not feel lonely you are not the only one that is sitting in this postition.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/raid-0-failure-77845.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Failure RAID 10 I ve been running a RAID 10 Failure RAID array for over a year with no problems days ago I replaced my RAID 10 Failure Sapphire pro video card RAID 10 Failure with a Diamond HD card days later my RAID failed giving me an error message quot A RAID volume is degraded because of failed hard drives quot No data was lost I assumed that I had let some dust into the machine while changing the video cards so I replaced the offending drive The drive was rebuilt and worked well for day then gave me the same error message again involving the same Port number the exact same drive location Could it be something to do with the new video card e g extra heat I have chassis fans and the system CPU temp is never over degrees The involved drives weren t the closest ones to the new video card either I heard that the Intel Matrix Storage console has had problems with Vista and I recently upgraded to XP Pro SP - could this have been an issue I upgraded the drivers from my MB and the Intel Matrix Storage console to their latest version Thanks in advance Eli System Information Kit Installed Kit Install History Shell Version OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Version Service Pack Build System Name C D System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC System Model P W DH Deluxe Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc Language ENU Intel R RAID Technology Intel RAID Controller Intel R GR GH SATA RAID Controller Number of Serial ATA ports RAID Option ROM Version Driver Version RAID Plug-In Version Language Resource Version of the RAID Plug-In Create Volume Wizard Version Language Resource Version of the Create Volume Wizard Create Volume from Existing Hard Drive Wizard Version Language Resource Version of the Create Volume from Existing Hard Drive Wizard Modify Volume Wizard Version Language Resource Version of the Modify Volume Wizard Delete Volume Wizard Version Language Resource Version of the Delete Volume Wizard ISDI Library Version Event Monitor User Notification Tool Version Language Resource Version of the Event Monitor User Notification Tool Event Monitor Version Array Status No active migration s Hard Drive Write Cache Enabled Yes Size GB Free Space GB Number of Hard Drives Hard Drive Member WDC WD KS- MJB Hard Drive Member WDC WD AAKS- VSA Hard Drive Member WDC WD KS- MJB Hard Drive Member WDC WD KS- MJB Number of Volumes Volume Member Raid Raid Status Degraded System Volume Yes Volume Write-Back Cache Enabled No RAID Level RAID striping and mirroring Strip Size KB Size GB Number of Hard Drives Hard Drive Member WDC WD KS- MJB Hard Drive Member WDC WD AAKS- VSA Hard Drive Member WDC WD KS- MJB Hard Drive Member WDC WD KS- MJB Parent Array Array Hard Drive Usage Array member Status Normal Device Port Device Port Location Internal Current Serial ATA Transfer Mode Generation Model WDC WD KS- MJB Serial Number WD-WCANK Firmware C Native Command Queuing Support No Hard Drive Write Cache Enabled Yes Size GB Number of Volumes Volume Member Raid Parent Array Array Hard Drive Usage Array member Status Failed Device Port Device Port Location Internal Current Serial ATA Transfer Mode Generation Model WDC WD AAKS- VSA Serial Number WD-WMART Firmware B Native Command Queuing Support Yes Hard Drive Write Cache Enabled Yes Size GB Number of Volumes Volume Member Raid Parent Array Array Hard Drive Usage Array member Status Normal Device Port Device Port Location Internal Current Serial ATA Transfer Mode Generation Model WDC WD KS- MJB Serial Number WD-WCANK Firmware C Native Command Queuing Support No Hard Drive Write Cache Enabled Yes Size GB Number of Volumes Volume Member Raid Parent Array Array Hard Drive Usage Array member Status Normal Device Port Device Port Location Internal Current Serial ATA Transfer Mode Generation Model WDC WD KS- MJB Serial Number WD-WCANK Firmware C Native Command Queuing Support No Hard Drive Write Cache Enabled Yes Size GB Number of Volumes Volume Member Raid Parent Array ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-10-failure.715814/
Relevancy 50.74%

Since the first day I got my computer Alienware Area- I had issues with it and in the past year the problem has only been evolving its way around all my efforts My computer randomly Failure Raid Access freezes and I am forced to Raid Access Failure do a cold boot This will happen around once a month When I do the cold boot windows Xp will not boot Raid Access Failure stays at the windows is loading screen or it will freeze seconds after I log in Despite changing my motherboard and ram advised by Alienware the problem still occurs Now even when the computer runs there are times when on the bottom right of the screen pops up quot Raid Access Failure Access Failure Critical error on disk Samsung SP C Port SATA quot Sometimes it doesnt do anything sometimes it freezes the computer I ran a chkdsk r and the computer ran for mins constantly spammed by the raid error pop ups and froze I am starting to feel that the problem is one of my harddrives but a few months ago I broke the array and ran checks on each drive and they had no problems I am running out of ideas please help nbsp

A:Raid Access Failure

The Raid controller itself may be faulty or its driver.

Do you have the latest firmware/driver installed?

Have you tried to replace the cables?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-access-failure.676705/
Relevancy 50.74%

Sorry this is a long post but I have been trying to fix this probelm for weeks and have been repeatedly thwarted My original computer setup is a Shuttle AN R Motherboard A and SATA Seagate harddrives in a Raid array About two or three weeks failure? raid-0 SATA ago I was trying to plug a USB cable SATA raid-0 failure? into the back of the computer when it suddenly turned off No big deal maybe something got bumped and shut off I repeatedly tried to turn it back on and would get motherboard lights and the whirring of fans SATA raid-0 failure? but no POST beep or VGA display I swapped graphics cards and power supplies and still the motherboard wouldn t POST I figured my motherboard had died on me so I bought a K VXSE replacement motherboard I got home unpacked the motherboard plugged in my drives and booted it up The VIA SATA raid driver on the card was recognizing my two drives but not the Raid SATA raid-0 failure? array they were in Ok I guess It looks like I am going to need a raid controller made by Silicon Images like my last one so off to Newegg I go A few days later I have my new PCI SATA raid controller I plug it in boot up the computer and lo and behold not only does it recognize my drives but also the Raid Striping array that they are in I go into the bios select the striped array as my boot device save and restart the computer Upon booting I am getting Boot Media Failures I attribute this to Newegg sending me a card with the Sil controller rather than the Sil controller on my old motherboard However this thought is denied when checking the Silicon Images website where it says users of can easily migrate to Not wanting to deal with this any longer I return the VIA board and scour the internet to find my same old motherboard After finally finding a place that had one left in stock I immediatly order it and began waiting for it s arrival Now here I sit with an identical motherboard as my old one and my two raid drives After plugging in all the neccesary components I enter the BIOS and select SCSI as my primary boot device As the computer boots I see my raid controller is again showing both of my drives in a striped Raid array After the memory test I get the same message quot Book Media Failure Insert system disk and press enter to try again quot I also was getting a PXE- error but disabled the onboard LAN in the BIOS and that went away So basically what I m wondering is what my next step should be I would really like to be able to recover the data that is on those two drives Is there anything anyone would suggest to get these drives bootable I have thought I could boot to a bootable linux cd or possibly install Windows on an IDE drive and see if I can access the drives in windows Does it sound like these drives are just dead If there are any diagnostics I should run or if you have any suggestions at all please let me know as it would be be really appreciated Sorry for the long post and thanks for the help in advance Kelly nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys I was working on my PC when it has frozen so my RAID How failure? 0 recover from to only option was hard shut down after that my RAID disk array stopped working Now not only it doesn t work but my MB K N SLI fails to recognize even single drives when array is turned off on every SATA port except one So I though my only option is to connect my drives to another PC and try to recover my data that way I m searching the web and trying different approaches for days now It s nvidia quot fake raid quot I know I shouldn t have used it in a first place and software that I tried to recover it with is Diskinternals Raid- -raid and Diskinternals Raid Recovery Both recognize the stripe array but I do not see how I can recover any data from it It also reports some problems Here is log output Code Enumerating volumes WDC How to recover from RAID 0 failure? WD AAKS- A B Partition C Partition D Partition Partition Partition Partition Partition Partition Partition Hdd How to recover from RAID 0 failure? Serial number WD-WCASY Enumerating volumes WDC WD AALS- L B Partition Read Error The drive cannot find the sector requested Disk Sector Size bytes Partition Hdd Serial number WD-WMASY Enumerating volumes WDC WD AALS- L B Wrong block signature Magic Partition Hdd Serial number WD-WMASY Total time nVidia detect CheckSum Error nVidia detect CheckSum Error Create Raid params Name STRIPE T Type Stripe Base DiskCount SizeInSector SectorSize StripeSize Disk D Start Size Disk A Start Size Enumerating volumes STRIPE T Stripe RaidDevice Open Storage already open Partition RaidDevice Open Storage already open Partition RaidDevice Open Storage already open Partition RaidDevice Open Storage already open Partition RaidDevice Open Storage already open Partition STRIPE T raid storage TRaidDevice Open norm Create Raid params Name STRIPE T Type Stripe Base DiskCount SizeInSector SectorSize StripeSize Disk D Start Size Disk A Start Size Create Raid params Name STRIPE T Type Stripe Base DiskCount SizeInSector SectorSize StripeSize Disk D Start Size Disk A Start Size WDC WD AAKS- A B WDC WD AALS- L B WDC WD AALS- L B STRIPE T Stripe The filesystem is ext and linux swap for two partitions on the raid It there any way to diagnose the problem and try to fix it I also do not have enough free space to de-stripe it into image Is there any way to mount it Maybe under Linux too but I would have to set raid parameters manually or autodetect from HDD because the current MB doesn t support sw raid and both drives are connected as single ones Thanks nbsp

A:How to recover from RAID 0 failure?

RAID-0 is a nightmare in the situation. *IF* you had a backup the solution would be

install new HD (one or more)
create the array
restore the backup
As is, you might send the HDs to a commercial Data Recovery company and hand them your checking book, but short of that, I think you're S.O.L. (* Out of Luck)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-recover-from-raid-0-failure.131446/
Relevancy 50.74%

One of my HDs in my Raid 0 failed and now I'm trying to recover any data possible from it.

Any feedback is appreciated.

A:Recovery from Raid 0 failure

Be advised that data-recovery services generally charge per KB of data recovered. Also depending on WHAT kind of failure you have had... it COULD be almost impossible to recover.

You're looking at about $1500 (sometimes up to $5000) for data recovery. And RAID 0 is about the WORSE you can do. It's not even a "true" RAID since there is no "redundancy" involved - but it is called "0" for a reason.

If you don't have the money or the data is not worth thousands of dollars.... then its time to buy 2 320mb Maxtor or Seagate drives and set them up as RAID-1. if a drive fails, your data *IS* intact. You can even boot into Windows and use the system as normal until you replace the FAILED drive... RAID 1 is a bit slower than a single drive. A Performance RAID with protection is RAID-5... with does work best with 4 drives or more. I've built servers with such configs. Usually with a $150~500 SCSI RAID controller... and 15,000RPM Seagate Cheetas.

Sorry - but that's about all there is for this situation.

Use RAID 1... and warn others.

Here is a good article on RAID: http://techreport.com/reviews/2002q4/ideraid/index.x?pg=1

note: the article above is a bit out-dated as today's SATA-RAIDs come close to yesterday's SCSI drives... but the latest SCSI totally murder SATA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-from-raid-0-failure.551564/
Relevancy 50.74%

I m having a problem with a potentially failing RAID array and or disk drives Two weeks ago I was burning a DVD from files on the RAID array when the burn failed with a data read error The array subsequently displayed array RAID failure? the following characteristics Event Viewer showed a The device fasttrack did not respond within the timeout period error followed by a thousand simultaneous errors that said An error was detected on device harddisk during a paging operation The RAID drive and all directories were viewable in Windows Explorer No files within those directories could be read or written however and switching to thumbnail view would not show thumbs of images of any size The Disk Manager within Computer Management would not detect the RAID array After rebooting the array works as usual It has again failed during another DVD burning operation just today and again works after a reboot My configuration Athlon Gigabyte GA- VAXP Via onboard Promise RAID controller Win I have many drives in the system but only two in RAID They are IBM GB GXPs in RAID- Windows is on a non-RAID GB drive The system runs with something like uptime since when I bought it My questions How can I test the integrity RAID array failure? of an onboard RAID controller Is there an equivalent to SMART How can I test the two drives connected to the array Windows SMART utilities do not recognize the array as SMART-aware and because it initializes after the regular BIOS I can t check it before Windows boots Thank you for any help you can offer nbsp

A:RAID array failure?

Well, the best advice I can offer is to do a backup of any data on the RAID drives right now!

If you want to test the drives independently, you'll need to use the disk manufacturer's utility and configure the RAID controller to allow the drives to be used in a non-RAID environment. Obviously, this is best done when you have proper backups of what's on the drives!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-array-failure.428799/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys, I recently moved, had my PC boxed for about 2 weeks and didn't use it at all during this time. The PC worked great before and now after I set it up again it takes ages to start, I keep getting some RAID Access Failure issue and everything is extremely slow after this happens. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

I'm using Windows Vista 32bit

Here is a picture of the error:

A:RAID Access Failure?

Some SATA cables can become loose easily, and the move makes this a possibility.
Open the case and check all your connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-access-failure.776925/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I have posted about this problem before on this forum but unfortunately Failure. Raid Help! Access I was never able to solve it but just patch it up for a month or two at a time and now it has gotten even worse Since the first day I got my computer Alienware Area- I had issues with it and in the Raid Access Failure. Help! past year the problem has only been evolving its way around all my efforts My computer randomly freezes and I am forced to do a cold boot This will happen around once a month When I do the cold boot windows Xp will not boot stays at the windows is loading screen or it will freeze seconds after Raid Access Failure. Help! I log in Despite changing my motherboard and ram advised by Alienware the problem still occurs Now even when the computer runs there are times when on the bottom right of the screen pops up quot Raid Access Failure Access Failure Critical error on disk Samsung SP C Port SATA quot Sometimes it doesnt do anything sometimes it freezes the computer I ran a chkdsk r and the computer ran for mins constantly spammed by the raid error pop ups and froze I am starting to feel that the problem is one of my harddrives but a few months ago I broke the array and ran checks on each drive and they had no problems I am running out of ideas please help

A:Raid Access Failure. Help!

Well, the highest probability here is to take your computer at it's word. There is an issue with one of the hard drives, or at least the computer THINKS there is an issue with one of the hard drives. You should run tests on each of them to test. If they pass the tests, then replace the cables. I have been driven nuts before with a computer that had a similar issue, I kept looking at the hard drives, ram, etc, and all the while the issue was with a bad SATA cable. So replace the cables. Also be sure the RAM is ok. And finally, it could be a motherboard issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128026/raid-access-failure-help/
Relevancy 50.74%

Dear all

My question is that if i configure Raid 5 with 3 hard drives and if 2 of them fails
will it be possible to recover data Thanks.

A:Drives failure in Raid 5

Only if you have a backup. You cannot recover from HDD. If you add a 4th drive, and use one as a hot spare (if your system permits it), you can lose 2 drives and still be able to recover ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drives-failure-in-raid-5.1043528/
Relevancy 50.74%

Asus A8V-E Deluxe motherboard recently failed - installed 2nd hand replacement (identical board) and fired up.

Windows XP Pro SP2 now states "disk boot failure insert system disk & press enter".

Booted from "Ultimate Boot CD" which recognized all partitions C: to H: (2 x WD Sata drives in Raid 0 array) and seperate WD IDE drive.

Dumped precious data files to NAS - (brilliant product UBCD - even set up networking without touching drives) and I'm now ready to play.

Is it possible to get Windows running again without reinstalling ? If so ... how ?

Thanks for any advice

Mav_walrus

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/raid-boot-failure-229755.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Good morning everyone I don t have much experience or knowledge in the world of RAID arrays and I recently had a power surge that burned my NAS I have an Intel SS -E NAS box with TB drives set up in a RAID- It was running fine and having experienced a drive failure event due to my careless handling of the power cord failure RAID - NAS recovery? proved to me its ability to rebuild a drive from the other three Unfortunately a recent power surge literally burned the box I ve taken it in to get analyzed by some HDD repair amp recovery people but I have no frame of reference NAS RAID failure - recovery? for this Story is thus NAS RAID failure - recovery? After the surge I was able to login to the dashboard app of the box via my network It reported all drives as failed and provided no further information The repair guy is saying that of the drives are fine while the other have electronic mechanical failures in addition the RAID chip on the NAS box was fried Those three things have to be repaired in order to even begin drive rebuilding His quote for repair amp recovery was in the vicinity of My first question is whether or not this is a reasonable price My second pertains to the Parity structure of the RAID setup Because the system can lose out of drives and still retain data integrity is it possible to only repair one of my failed drives and rebuild with those three I m thinking that would bring the cost down And realistically what percentage of data am I likely to recover I d appreciate some help on this as I m completely in the dark about all of this Thanks nbsp

A:NAS RAID failure - recovery?

one hd is the parity drive; if it's gone - - so are you. sorry

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-raid-failure-recovery.148362/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Dell powervault 725 NAS server using a 4 drive raid array. I dropped a drive this morning. I have several questions.
1) Is there any way to disable the audible alarm while fixing the drive.
2) I put the new drive in and it does not seem to be rebuilding, how can I tell for sure.
3) I attempted to go into NAS Manager to try to do the process manually and I cannot get in. I get page not found when entering the server name or ip address. Do I have to do something to actually start NAS Manager running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-drive-failure.687957/
Relevancy 50.74%

Need help badly I have a Dell Dimension desktop running Windows XP with one GB RAID hard drive that is also my boot drive I turned it on the other day and got a blue screen at What now? DISK - RAID 0 to FAILURE do the bottom of which it said quot Dumping physical memory quot Everything happened very quickly and the next thing I know the computer had restarted Now all I get is the Dell screen followed by an Intel Accelerator black screen that displays the RAID status as FAILED Beneath that it lists hard drives as GB each and below that is a amp No Boot Disk amp message I don amp t want to spend RAID 0 DISK FAILURE - What to do now? for a RAID 0 DISK FAILURE - What to do now? data recovery service so my questions are what are the possible causes is this something I can diagnose and fix on my own what resources are there to help RAID 0 DISK FAILURE - What to do now? books on-line manuals etc is extra software required how do I even access the hard drive if it was also my boot drive and contains all of my software I amp m not exactly sure where to even start with this problem and any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-0-disk-failure-what-to-do-now.672147/
Relevancy 50.74%

My system crashed on bootup. I was booting off my RAID. All 3 disks say error. When I try to install Windows 7 and repair it won't let me load the nvidia drivers. The nvidia drivers are .exe installations. Does anyone know where I can download the normal nvidia drivers to install?

A:Windows 7 with Raid Failure

Maybe it's a hardware problem. Make sure all the connections are snug.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/104875-windows-7-raid-failure.html
Relevancy 50.31%

System - Asus K V motherboard Gb Ram Athlon processor Seagate Barracuda Sata gb HD Maxtor Gb IDE HD Maxtor gb IDE HD Hauppage WinTV Wireless Network Card GeForce AGP Graphics Card Creative DVD rewriter Hi all I have been running my system from my SATA Hard Drive which is configured as a single drive RAID The last couple of days XP has required an integrity check on boot and has been having a problem with a particular sector Anyway to cap it all yesterday when I switched on strange boot message about HAL dll not being found I finally figured out that my SATA drive is no longer being recognised in the BIOS FastTrak knows it s there but tells me that no RAID arrays are defined I ve ordered a duplicate drive am going to change to Raid if I can get the original drive back working and some recovery software but I can t get the drive to show up on a PEBuilder Boot disk nor in the BIOS a Recovering SATA from Raid Failure? I have gleaned from another thread that I may need to turn the RAID controller off first which Recovering from a SATA Raid Failure? I ll try tonight My main question is what happens if i tell fastTrak to build a new RAID array there appears to be no array to rebuild or delete Will that effectively kill all my data Advice greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Recovering from a SATA Raid Failure?

Hrm.. A very liberal use of the word "drive" here. Maybe try again using "drive" for a physical hard drive and "array" for the RAID set of two or more hard drives?

Single drive RAID0? What do you mean by that? RAID by definition means multiple hard drives.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovering-from-a-sata-raid-failure.71088/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi every one,
Trying to reinstall XP pro +media centre original disk 2002 version but upgraded to 5 nicely. Moved computer and it kept crashing on start up due to loose Ram. Now I cannot upgrade download patches etc. Well corrupted but no virus. My bios will not find hard drives (sataraid set up). But I can use computer and Office 2007 internet nice and fast . It is not safe to continue using like this but when I attempt to reinstall It says files are missing and eventually it stops. On re boot. I have to change from XP set up on boot to media centre or I get this message.
Stop:0X000007B (0XF78D2524,)xC0000034,0X00000000,0X00000000,) I don?t understand raid but is supposed to be linked to that according to help. Would an OEM of Vista correct this? Any help or suggestions please. I am demented!!!!
Chris

A:XP reinstall setup raid failure

Have you tried booting to the Windows CD, then running a Repair install?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-reinstall-setup-raid-failure.107241/
Relevancy 50.31%

So I got a message this morning saying my RAID is having a problem and I should go into the Fastbuild menu and see which drive is bad. Problem is, nothing in the fastbuild menus does anything to tell me which drive is having the problem. So how do I know which drive to pull?

Relevancy 50.31%

I'm trying to help a neighbor out. He has a brand new Dell computer running XP Home. It came with a 2nd raid drive. Now the machine won't boot because the 2nd drive has failed. Dell is sending him a new one. However Dell has requested that he pay them $300 to tell him how to get his data off the first drive.

1. Shouldn't he be able to boot without the mirrored disc not working?
2. Once he gets the second disc replaced shouldn't everything be fine?
3. Why does Dell try to extort money from good new customers?

Thanks,
Don

A:Dell Raid Problem/Failure

It depends on the raid level. I think if it is just raid 0 (Data striped across two drives) for speed then he has lost everything and might as well start over. So is he running mirrored or raid 0?

http://www.twincom.com/raid.html
So whats the model of the Dell system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-raid-problem-failure.425623/
Relevancy 50.31%

This is a repost of this thread nbsp http social technet microsoft com Forums en-US w itprogeneral thread a c -e - -a - a c e nbsp Per Technet being a subscriber guarantees me a response from a Microsoft Engineer within two business days but the previous thread was not answered satisfactorily and now Microsoft seems to be ignoring it nbsp Since my previous thread went unresolved and this is of critical importance I chose to repost this and get a real answer from Microsoft Having Software RAID notification of Windows no 7 RAID has failure? as a built-in option seems like a great idea Hard disks are notoriously Windows 7 has no notification of RAID failure? unreliable and they carry the most important part of our technological world our data Being able to easily build a software RAID from two cheap TB drives gives me so much piece of mind or does it nbsp I've noticed Windows 7 has no notification of RAID failure? my software RAID seems to be periodically losing sync This is worrisome maybe a drive is failing but not nearly as worrisome as HOW I noticed it For some reason after cruising along smoothly for several months with my RAID I decided to check on its status in Computer Management - gt Disk Management And oh nos there was my software RAID with a Failed Redundancy Error I had to quot Reactivate Disk quot and it started resynching I decided to check again every so often and everything was fine again for a while until I lost synch again nbsp Again my losing synch is not the point of this post My point is why was there NO NOTIFICATION of my synchronization loss I have NO IDEA how long my drives had lost synchronization before I stumbled upon that fact the first time What is the point of software RAID if Windows does not inform you that it has failed I could lose one drive go cruising along for months thinking I'm fine then lose the other drive and POW I'm left with nothing due to a false sense of security please no lectures on RAID being for reducing downtime and not for use as a backup solution - I KNOW nbsp I just had another loss of synchronization and I checked around to see if I had been notified anywhere else the Action Center seems like it could be a good candidate for this Finding nothing I've come here to post my concerns But in order to maintain my required level of uptime I need to KNOW when a drive has failed redundancy so I can correct the situation by replacing the drive or other Where is the notification that I am running on only one drive nbsp Update In the previous thread it was suggested I use the Windows Task Scheduler to make my own custom notification based on RAID failure events in the Event Viewer nbsp After investigating this unnecessarily obtuse but usable solution it was found that Windows does not generate any events for RAID synchronization failures nbsp This is astounding nbsp What I really want is graphical e-mail and event notification of a drive failure nbsp I will take just an event nbsp I find it amazing that the new quot Action Center quot thinks it is important enough to tell me that my Flash player has a problem but can't let me know that a drive is failing nbsp This seems like the perfect job for an OS notification system to warn you when the feces is about to impact the ventilator Update the disk in question ended up dying completely and was replaced under warranty with no problems and the machine is now happily cruising along with working and synchronized hard drives once again nbsp I would have never noticed I had a failed hard drive if I didn't check on my own

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5d3c3d5c-38ee-4a3d-9243-17712556eab8/windows-7-has-no-notification-of-raid-failure?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.31%

Good morning SevenForums long time no speak It's been a few years since I've posted on here just spent my time getting answers lurking In my latest PC build I have added a Hybrid RAID using x TB Seagate drives They have been running absolutely fine without any RAID Failure Hybrid after 5 cleaning issues until I removed them to clean dust from the computer case View image HDD I've plugged everything back in the same way it was and now two of the HDD's are not being recognised as part of the RAID windows amp BIOS sees them as healthy non-raid drives that need formatting There is absolutely no physical water damage to the drives - They were just unplugged and plugged back in same as the two still-working drives View image BIOS I'm sure there's a very simple fix to this but I've been Hybrid RAID 5 Failure after cleaning unable to Hybrid RAID 5 Failure after cleaning find it and data-recovery Hybrid RAID 5 Failure after cleaning specialists want an arm and my first born child What I've tried so far - Change SATA cables ports this has not made a difference - It seems the port they are plugged in to does not matter as the two working HDD's are recognised as 'Member Disk ' no matter where they're plugged in - Different power lead from PSU no difference Any troubleshooting guides whatsoever would be greatly appreciated

A:Hybrid RAID 5 Failure after cleaning

OK,my friend!

There are only two possibilities.

1. One or more drives have gone bad due to handling. (Static can kill the electronics in the HDD - the PCB in it.)

Without handling the drives, mark the HDDs as 1,2 3, and 4. Feeling your way through the Sata cables mark the SATA ports on the motherboard to which those are connected correctly. 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3 and 4 to 4

Now install Seatools for Windows and check each drive individually by disconnecting the other three drives at the motherboard SATA Ports.

If all the drives pass the Quick test and Extended Test, you have crossed one hurdle.

This would mean that you have connected the drives to wrong Sata ports.

How do you retrieve this situation?

There are twenty four ways you can connect your HDDs 1, 2, 3 and 4 to the SATA ports marked 1,2,3 and 4 on the motherboard. Do that one by one and check whether you get your RAID correct.
Your HDDs 1, 2, 3, 4 to mother board SATA ports 1234,1243,1324,1342,1423,1432,2134,2143,2314,2341,2413,2431,3124,3142,3214,3241,3412,3421,4123,4132, 4213,4231,4312,4321

One of this combinations should bring back your RAID5.

Finally please do us a favour by uploading any screenshots to the SevenForum servers and not a third party server.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/368293-hybrid-raid-5-failure-after-cleaning.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I can not find my original forum posts so here is a continuation regarding my computer problem After running Windows for RAID drive failure hard about one RAID hard drive failure week one of my hard drives has an error saying that port has degraded Is there something wrong with MAXTOR GB RAM SATA hard drives I bought of these from newegg for two of my RAID computers now hard drives have errors I bought new Western Digital for one computer and they are working great Do you think it is still RAID hard drive failure a memory problem or do I need to purchase two more Western Digital hard drives ADDITION The first time it failed I replaced port hard drive with a new Maxtor hard drive and is was approximately one week later it failed also I just had the RAM fixed by Kingston Technology Below is my original forum posts I have reformatted my computer and when I try to install Windows XP Prow I get to the part to agree or disagree to there license agreement F or disagree Esc and F does not work just Esc works Why does this happen I tried using a new keyboard and this did not help Thanks for your swift reply This computer and everything in it is fairly new RAID hard drive failure and the Windows CD appears to have nothing wrong with it I have DVD drives and both have the same results There is no flicking between options regarding this install it is either F or Esc I just thought of another thing my motherboard is a RAID system and requires an addition of a program on a floppy drive to install Does anyone know of the correct one to install here I have the one that comes from the manufacturer but when I use it the program stops and says that it can not find my hard drive and when I use the one I downloaded off the internet it has this F error Here is a good question since most new computers do not come with a floppy drive how can they install things like this without a floppy drive they are not that expensive Thank you for your help unlocking the F key worked I have another problem though Windows stopped installing at amp Installing Windows amp It came to Setup will complete in minuets but that minuets lasted forever What could be the problem Could it have something to do with my RAID floppy I am using F install RAID RAID BIOS V nbsp

A:RAID hard drive failure

ADDITION: The first time it failed I replaced port 1 hard drive with a new Maxtor hard drive and approximately one week later it failed also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-hard-drive-failure.583196/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Sony Vaio VGC-RA830G with RAID-0 (2x160MB drives); controller is HW Intel RAID controller. Problem: Power supply failed; repair cost from Sony is astronomical and there seem to be no after-market replacements (propietary PS, I guess).

My question: Assuming th edrives were undamaged when the PS blew, is there a way I can load the drives into a another system to recover the data (mia culpa - my backup plan, while robust, was not executed appropriately).

OS is Windows MCE 2005;
processor is Intel P4 550J (3.4E Ghz)
Chipset is Intel 915p

Relevancy 49.88%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU X GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb failure, Need progress immediate Raid inability and to step: next to help! Graphics Card Quadro M GB Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard CLEVO CO X Antivirus Bitdefender Update Feb Raid failure, and inability to progress to next step: Need immediate help! th pm I ve been booting to Windows PE a special version with lots of utilities and I ve twice backed up the RAID array and both have apparently failed The first I used ReclaiMe Free Raid Recovery and it made a copy of my recovered RAID array and I put it on a gb SATA drive but the drive image didn t boot correctly it was missing a windows logo when it booted and it had users Admin and my name but neither would boot right The admin would boot up but showed a blank desktop and failed completely The my name normally has a fingerprint access which was unavailable and wouldn t even accept characters into the password field It was a dead end The second I used DiskInternals Raid Recovery and it did a complicated raid analysis for me I think I did the right thing by taking a gb Raid array file and exporting it to a dsk file That was the size of my RAID array of disks -- it should have been everything Here s where things are complicated and where I m stuck -The dsk file was opened and all it said inside was that it had a file called STORAGE -I found programs that opened dsk files only worked WinImage and I used to to clone the entire dsk image to the SATA array This completed around hour ago --- but the raid array did not boot and the disk does not have any files on it After hours of data transfer and moving the dsk file to my Raid array My raid array currently says this GB -- Unallocated I am almost completely certain the dsk image was successful so what do I do now What do I do now with my dsk image transferred to the HDs in Raid -- how do I recover my file system and once again make it a bootable OS again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-failure-and-inability-to-progress-to-next-step-need-immediate-help.1143078/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi

I have two 500Gb SATA drives in a RAID 0 config set as my system drive 'C', and a 1TB SATA as a storage drive 'E'

Never had this problem until last night when I removed the storage drive. Tried the usual fixes with no luck, put the drive back in and the system boots normally.

The problem seems to be that I installed Windows on the RAID array while the storage drive was attached, and for some reason Windows decided to make 'E' the active partition.

Have attached a screenshot.

'E' also shows as System for some reason, even tho Windows is on 'C'.

What I want to know is can I fix this problem without reformatting/reinstalling, and what will potentially happen if I make the 'C' partition active? Dont really want to kill my machine right now!

All comments and advice appreicated.

A:Disk Boot Failure with RAID 0 Array

No problem. First, mark the Windows partition as active.

Partition - Mark as Active

Then, run a startup repair.

That should do the trick.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/79239-disk-boot-failure-raid-0-array.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a raid 0 setup and one of the two drives has failed. I cannot boot into the operating system ( win 7)
I realise that I have probably lost all my data but can I now do the following:
Remove the failed drive.
Set the remaining drive as non RAID and reinstall windows on it?
Thanks for any advice!

A:Solved: RAID failure of 1 drive - reuse the other?

Being as you were running a striped array the data is lost,
but the failure of one drive should not have caused a failure
with the other.
It should be fine to install windows to it.
Just make sure to set the controller in the bios so it is not
running raid anymore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-raid-failure-of-1-drive-reuse-the-other.1072251/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey so I have a problem with a RAID configuration on my computer Basically Windows won't boot and automatically launches the 'automatic repair' however it fails to repair the issue and so gives me the option of restarting or going to advanced options At the same time as this I've noticed that my RAID status has changed to 'verify' and whilst I'm aware you can resolve desync issues in the OS I have no idea how to resolve these issues if the OS won't boot at all I didn't change any settings or add or 1 status RAID 8.1 Win after failure Boot 'verify' remove hardware software but I have read that this is something that develops over time and people suggest verifying fairly regularly however I haven't verified my drives at all and I've have the raid setup for about months now So how do I solve this issue I tried changing my SATA mode for AHCI IDE and booting like that but windows still fails to launch I also attempted to resolve the issues using my windows disk but that also failed too Any ideas - thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53660-win-8-1-boot-failure-after-raid-1-status-verify.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I had a hard drive bearing failure on my Gateway desktop with two WD GB SATA hard drives set up for RAID- The computer is OEM in every way I replaced the failed unit with an identical part and per the instructions I reset the disks RAID HD boot failure Vista-no with after repair to non-RAID deleted RAID RAID HD failure with Vista-no boot after repair volume created a new RAID volume and now the RAID volume status is normal and bootable and the hard drives show RAID HD failure with Vista-no boot after repair as member disks When I try to run the Gateway System Recovery from my recovery disks I get a message that says no operating system is installed or partition corrupted I then hit R to perform a full system recovery which first sets up a recovery partition It appears to be progressing normally to this point The recovery continues through the Gateway logo and then I get a blue screen that says A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer It goes on to tell me to remove the hard drives and to make sure they are properly configured and terminated and then to run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption Does this sound like a Vista Home Premium bit problem or if not can anyone tell me how to run CHKDSK F when I can t boot

A:RAID HD failure with Vista-no boot after repair

Originally Posted by GHS

I had a hard drive bearing failure on my Gateway desktop with two WD 500GB SATA hard drives set up for RAID-0. The computer is OEM in every way. I replaced the failed unit with an identical part and per the instructions; I reset the disks to non-RAID; deleted RAID volume; created a new RAID volume and now the RAID volume status is ?normal? and ?bootable?, and the hard drives show as ?member disks?.

When I try to run the Gateway System Recovery from my recovery disks, I get a message that says no operating system is installed, or partition corrupted. I then hit ?R? to perform a full system recovery, which first sets up a recovery partition. It appears to be progressing normally to this point. The recovery continues through the Gateway logo and then I get a blue screen that says: ?A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.? It goes on to tell me to remove the hard drives and to make sure they are properly configured and terminated and then to run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption.

Does this sound like a Vista (Home Premium 32bit) problem, or if not, can anyone tell me how to run CHKDSK /F, when I can?t boot?

Hi GHS, Welcome to the Forum.

I need a few answers

Did the PC come with RAID installed?
Did it have a restore partition on the RAID HDD?
How many recovery discs do you have? and what size are they? are these CD's?

You say that you changed the damaged HDD as per instructions what instructions?
I doubt you can reach a command prompt, but just in case Type chkdsk /f /r
You might reach the screen with your backup discs See attached
I hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/223962-raid-hd-failure-vista-no-boot-after-repair.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I ve been slowly building my computer I had a Maxtor GB HD that failed and I lost some of Drive Hard 1 Question w/ Failure RAID my data To have data RAID 1 w/ Hard Drive Failure Question security I ordered Maxtor GB HD s and RAID 1 w/ Hard Drive Failure Question configured them for RAID Within only week I received a CRITICAL notification on one of my hard drives I unplugged one and the computer did not boot so I unplugged the other instead The computer booted so I believe I know which HD is the problem I went to Maxtor com and downloaded the drive checker Maxtor states by using this program I will erase my HD Ok I have the other one up and running The questions is Do I have to disconnect the other HD and plug in the bad one to run this program How can I be ABSOLUTELY SURE I m not running the test on the good one there by erasing all my data Does the Maxtor Hardrive need cooling They sure feel warm Any help would be appreciated This is my first time setting up a hard drive so go easy on the lingo I usually plug everything in and let a friend set it up Thanks in advance Processor AMD Athlon Socket CPU Motherboard A V Deluxe Memory DDRAM x MG GEL Cooling Freezer Videocard NVIDIA GeForce GT MG Soundcard Speakers Kilpsch Speakers Hard Disk s Maxtor GB SATA Raid Case MGE CAG-H sl atx W Comments on system Windows XP nbsp

A:RAID 1 w/ Hard Drive Failure Question

I took the plung... the program from maxtor worked and found some problems....then repaired them. I will reinstall it tonight. This story is done..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-1-w-hard-drive-failure-question.43165/
Relevancy 49.88%

HI all,

I have just purchased a duplicate drive to my maxtor 160gb sata driver, which I currently use on a single HDD base. I converted it to Dynamic from Basic, then rebooted while I attached my second disk to the motherboard via SATA cable.

I then went into (F6) SAta config, and set up a RAID 1 mirror solution, and then asked me to copy all data to the new disk, did so. After 40 mins completed, rebooted, now all that happends the Windows XP logo comes for 2 cycles then reboots and gets in to this cycle. I cannot even use them as single drives and successfully get into my OS.

I have tried to recover and reinstall, however when you goto reinstall all it says is that Windows is currently on the disk and cannot be reinstalled.

?

Any ideas on this problem....would really appreciate any help!

Thanks
Darren

A:RAID 1 XP Major failure....urgent help required:(:(

Why did you do that dynamic disk silliness? It is totally unneeded for hardware RAID..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-1-xp-major-failure-urgent-help-required.28616/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello All Please forgive me after RAID Recover failure? Stripe array 0 motherboard if this is an often discussed problem I searched briefly but didn t find answers I built my first system about years ago from a new Asus A N -SLI Deluxe Motherboard with an AMD Recover RAID 0 Stripe array after motherboard failure? A X Athalon processor I also installed western Digital GB SATA hard drives I configured the drives into a RAID Stripe array I installed Windows XP Home Edition currently upgraded to SP and the system worked pretty well with just few problems for a long time Last weekend I tried to Recover RAID 0 Stripe array after motherboard failure? start the system bit it failed the POST I decided to rebuild and upgrade the system I bought and installed an Intel DG ID motherboard and an Intel Q Core Quad processor along with GB of memory After setting up some BIOS options on the Recover RAID 0 Stripe array after motherboard failure? new system I entered the RAID set up utility but before I completed the RAID Volume setup the system warned me that completing the operation would erase all data on the existing drives so I escaped before completing the task I would like to know if there is a way to get the new system to boot from my existing hard drives or if it is possible to back up and restore the data from my existing dives nbsp

A:Recover RAID 0 Stripe array after motherboard failure?

raid reconstructor

there is a bart pe disc with raid reconstructor built in. i have used it to recover a raid 0 array before.

i have the ISO but i am not sure how to upload the image. it is 153mb. the other tool you need is getdataback. you have to either purchase it or find other means to use getdataback. if you google "bart pe raid reconstructor" you will be able to find the info you need.

if you have any ideas for me to get you the bartpe image i made, let me know and i will try to help.

ray

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recover-raid-0-stripe-array-after-motherboard-failure.122001/
Relevancy 48.59%

i own 2 pc's with abit kt7a raid - latest bios
i bought a MX4000 for 1 of those
the 1st time i tried i received the long/short/short bios beep codes, i reinserted the card again and it worked fine.

the next day ..... my pc gave me nothing else but the same beep codes.

i tried the card on my other kt7a pc, same problem...

the card works fine (!) on 2 of my older pentium3 systems (1 packard bell and 1 abit pc with BE-6 mobo).

I was thinking of a mobo problem but the card worked fine for 1 day on 1 pc...? clearing cmos doesnt help....

ps: i m not sure but a bought recently for the other kt7a a ati 9800, is being returned since it seemed to be DOA (only checked this on my two kt7a systems)

one system has a 300W psu so i rule that out too.

A:Geforce MX4000 and abit KT7A raid - boot failure

NEVER flash your BIOS unless you absolutely have to for your hardware to work. THe only reason bios updates are posted is because of newer hardware on the market, so never do that unless necessary. You most likely toasted the bios when you flashed it (because no mainboard has the latest bios when it is shipped) the bios is a touchy chip, dont screw with it. your bios is prolly doa, get a new chip or a new board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-mx4000-and-abit-kt7a-raid-boot-failure.12059/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I m wondering if anyone can shed light on this issue The system has x Tb drives to create the C system drive and x Tb drives to create the D storage drive both RAID running Windows I installed a SSD drive to the computer as well as a hot-swap caddy but to get enough SATA ports I had to move the x Tb drives to the caddy After this was done the computer was started up and showed the C and D intact I then used the provided software to install the 0 an drive drives of failure Raid one - is Array the with unknown pairing SSD drive and called it E Finally a fresh install of Windows was put on the SSD Now somehow the RAID array was upset The disk management shows and Unknown drive that adds up to Tb asking me to initialise it The D drive does not appear in My Computer When I run the Intel Disk Management software I could see another Unknown Disk with Gb which is now pairing with one of the Tb drives The entire system has been put back to the way it started to the best of my knowledge with all the drives attached to the original SATA ports the SSD and the other version of Windows removed but the strange Gb drive remains Does anyone have any solutions I have included a screenshot of the drives https www dropbox com s b cq o c x jpg Thanks Michael nbsp

A:Raid 0 Array failure - one of the drives is pairing with an unknown drive

You generally can't move RAID drives around if you wish to keep your data. They should also stay connected to the same SATA ports and in the same order. You may have the ports for the two 3TB drives reversed or on the wrong ports. You may have better luck determining which drive is the problem by using the pre-OS Intel RST RAID utility; it may tell you which drive is not being detected correctly. Also, bypass the hot swap caddies in case they are part of the problem.

I also concerned that you said to get enough ports you had to move the drives to a caddy, this caddy doesn't have it's own controller with a SATA multiplier does it? If so that's a huge mistake.

I hope you are of the significantly higher chance of unrecoverable data loss when running RAID-0.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-0-array-failure-one-of-the-drives-is-pairing-with-an-unknown-drive.1131202/
Relevancy 48.16%

I m weighing the Pro s and Con s of replacing my failing C drive with two drives RAID ed together Failure qustionable. rate Perf gain it? RAID doubled. worth I had planned to go the RAID- route but the more research I do the less of a good idea it sounds I m only looking at RAID variations that let me use ALL of my capacity rather than waste an entire drive for backup so RAID and RAID worth it? Perf gain qustionable. Failure rate doubled. are off the table RAID worth it? Perf gain qustionable. Failure rate doubled. my Mboard does not support That leaves RAID- and JBOD I hear varying reports that RAID- doesn t always result in performance gains and naturally by making two drives so interdependent if one fails they both fail essentially doubling your risk of catastrophic drive failure JBOD quot Just a Bunch Of Disks quot wouldn t result in any speed gain but wastes less space than partitioning the drives separately and if one fails you don t lose all your data So what are others out there using Any recommendations Performance issues Maybe I d be better off just not sing RAID at all nbsp

A:RAID worth it? Perf gain qustionable. Failure rate doubled.

You don't move to RAID to get performance gains, necessarily. You do it for security of your data.
There is always a risk to anything on a computer, but we have yet to see such a catastorphic drive failure in our shop, if things are installed correctly to begin with...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-worth-it-perf-gain-qustionable-failure-rate-doubled.77429/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there

Recently, I upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, but randomly, I get lots of BSODs, either Kernel Security Check Failure or Video TDR Failure igdkmd64.sys . However, these do not happen at the exact same time, ie when I log in, or boot up a certain programme (I think). They just occur out of the blue (no pun intended ).

Any help/advice/fixes would be super helpful, as I am completely lost

Attached is my bundle of files that were requested in this thread here; BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

PC Specs
CPU: Intel Core i7 4700MQ
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 + NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M
RAM: 16GB DDR3 Dual Channel memory @2394.3 MHz

A:BSOD - Kernel Security Check Failure + Video TDR Failure igdkmd64.sys

Are you using 361.43 version of nVidia driver ? If that is correct, rollback to 359.06 version and report back.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/35304-bsod-kernel-security-check-failure-video-tdr-failure-igdkmd64-sys.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I've been browsing the site and the internet for a sollution to my problem but can't seem te find it There are similar postings but they're always just a little different So that's why i posted the new thread Since a couple of days i've USBports down BSOD power Driver state failure /failure shutting when been experiencing troubles shutting down my PC and using my USB ports It BSOD Driver power state failure when shutting down /failure USBports started when i tried to log onto my work from home It failed and the IT guy from work told me to reinstall citrix reciever So I did and I was able to work from home After finishing and logging out to get back to my own PC I found that my USB portst didn't work anymore I tried rebooting but af minutes BSOD Driver power state failure when shutting down /failure USBports of quot shutting down quot I got a blue screen Driver Power State Failure with code f I did the following - tried system restore - it failed with different time stamps - update drivers - they were all up to date the system said - Malware Bytes CC Cleaner MS Essentials Hitman pro - Did them all had some minor stuff fixed that problem remained - SFC scannow - no problems - Memory check - no problems As it is now the only update I have left is the update to WIN However it has tried and failed during a few of the reboots so that doesn't seem to be and option After try all different kinds of things from a lot of posts I decided to refresh my windows install Did a lot of updating and still the problem remains Although I now found out that USB devices that are plugged in upon startup work Once I unplug en replug them they fail Hoping for you guys to be able to help me fix this I have managed to secure my recent files tnx for the cloud that weren't backed up yet So no real risk there of losing anything But would be great to not have to put it all back up So if a total clean sweep could be avoided that would be great There's a zip-file with my memorydumps attached Tnx for all your help in advance Robbert

A:BSOD Driver power state failure when shutting down /failure USBports

Are you still having BSOD problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378541-bsod-driver-power-state-failure-when-shutting-down-failure-usbports.html
Relevancy 47.73%

We're using a DatOptic (SBOX-R) External Disk Array (eSata).
Sil 4726 based.

This box is connected to the HP computer (HP Pavilion Elite d5000t ATX) via a FD 2 Port eSATA PCI-Express Adapter - SATAPCIE2 controller
DatOptic - Sbox-R 5 bay eStata Raid w/PM

The device is reporting that the failed disk was rebuilt to the hotswap drive we have installed.

There were two volumes created on the Raid and the second volume isn't even showing up in Windows Vista (64bit).

The first volume is being reported back to vista as RAW space.

I'm not sure if this is a configuration issue or if we just ended up buying something other then what we though we were buying..

I've searched for a few hours and can't seem to get any more info then what was provided in the .pdf's that came with the steelvine processor management software.

Thank You!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-sees-external-raid-array-as-only-raw-disk-after-drive-failure-rebuild.861236/
Relevancy 47.73%

So I have a pirated windows 8.1 which I have been using for more than a year now. Since the past one week my drivers ( especially the internet driver) keeps crashing and stops detecting any networks. Upon an attempted restart I get the Bsod for which I have attached the files ( All the minidumps.) I run a Dell 5521 R and have updated the drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled them too. Kindly help ASAP as I require my wifi urgently tomorrow.
Note: After restart the drivers get refreshed automatically and start working for sometime. And then the same issue. Please help.VATSAL-Tue_02_09_2016_101910_61.zip

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/73903-constant-bsod-failure-pci-sys-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 46.87%

First time posting blush Situation I have two hard drives main drive Seagate GB w windows xp and second drive WD TB blank Without backing up the main drive ops i went ahead and enabled RAID on both drives and created a RAID volume KB strip Size TB GB NOTE the RAID volume size is only showing the exact space of the TB excluding the GB drive After realizing that I needed to create a backup image of my main drive to use RAID with an existing drive I m left with the quot Operating System Not Found quot message RAID volume disks deleting to RAID non-RAID issue - restore Question If I Delete RAID Volume which is based on the size from the blank TB drive will both drives become available as non-RAID disks and keep the original data on the GB main drive and be able to run windows again I m using software RAID through Intel Matrix Storage Manager option ROM v I understood that quot Resetting the drives to Non-Raid quot will cause all data on the disk to be lost so this isn t the approach that RAID issue - deleting RAID volume to restore non-RAID disks I ll be taking til I find a solution to backup my data However from reading the quot Delete RAID Volume quot option it listed Deleting a volume will destroy the volume data on the drive s and cause any member disks to become available as non-RAID disks so knowing that the RAID Volume is blank then maybe trying this will be the answer When using the Microsoft Recovery Console in RAID mode attached w both drives logically there isn t any directories files found At the moment I m seeing if I can find any data in the MR Console with RAID disabled and accessing only the main drive Just wondering if Knoppix or Data recovery softwares can backup the data Thanks to anyone taking the time to read my post nbsp

A:RAID issue - deleting RAID volume to restore non-RAID disks

sadly, there's no way to do what you want without an existing backup.

Look at it this way;
A disk has a container ~ the partition.
The partition as a structure ~ the filesystem (eg NTFS, FAT32, RAID).
We put our data into the structure.

When we create backups, we are getting only the data itself (unless you use an image program like Ghost or Acronis where you get all three).

Deleting the RAID will give back the two independent HDs, but also breaks the structure so that the data becomes in accessible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-issue-deleting-raid-volume-to-restore-non-raid-disks.160717/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi nbsp PC HP Desktop h two 2TB drives Switching 1: drives RAID two 1TB for - t nbsp Intel Core i - CPU GHz nbsp GB RAM nbsp -bit OS nbsp Windows Home Premium This PC was custom built with two TB drives in a RAID array months ago one RAID 1: Switching two 1TB drives for two 2TB drives of the drives Port failedI purchased two nbsp Seagate TB Desktop HDD SATA Gb s MB Cache -Inch Internal Bare Drive ST DM I installed both of the new TB drives inside my PCNow my current setup is Port original TB drivePort new TB drive as redundancy mirror Port the other new TB drive as an unused SPARE see attached pic CURRENTLY nbsp My PC is making a horrible whirring RAID 1: Switching two 1TB drives for two 2TB drives sound and crashing spontaneously if I use more than of my Physical Memory as seen via Windows Task Manager QUESTION nbsp I want to make the other year old TB drive go away I wanna lose it and somehow ultimately just have two TB drives working at full capacity HOW DO I DO THIS note I not opposed to spending another on yet another TB drive as I understand I may have screwed up by making it the mirror of a TB and that I won't be able to access the other half of the space IF I'M WRONG ON THIS LET ME KNOW Any help would be greatly appreciated ab

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1c764adf-f022-45fa-94af-f8a778e268d1/raid-1-switching-two-1tb-drives-for-two-2tb-drives?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 46.44%

having win7 32b some wired problem.
at the morning the computer will not start like it no Electricity.
i`ve unpluging the power cord and it wasnt lit.
a few houre later the machine start with himself and work fine.
i made a restart and again it was not start. ive tried to reset the CMOS bat
but it wont help. also i notice that the system clock was working deleyed
and canot be sync.
any help?

A:Subsequent problems

Check the CMOS battery. It could be dead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/101574-subsequent-problems.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Easiest way to explain this is playing a game and is also when i noticed the problem If i press hold A it works if i press hold control either ones it works if i press hold A and then press hold control it works If i press hold control and then press hold A it ignores the A key completely If i crouch and then try to strafe i crouch but don t strafe to the left I ve tested two completley different keyboards press key subsequent being A and ignored. Control key and both get the same problem Corsair K and Saitek V I ve had a look in the keyboard options in Control key and subsequent A key press being ignored. CPL and they are correct English UK I m at a loss dxdiag info is below ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name LOUIS-PC Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win Control key and subsequent A key press being ignored. sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab The file aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll is not digitally signed which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft s Windows Hardware Quality Labs WHQL You may be able to get a WHQL logo d driver from the hardware manufacturer Sound Tab The file cthda sys is not digitally signed which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft s Windows Hardware Quality Labs WHQL You may be able to get a WHQL logo d driver from the hardware manufacturer Sound Tab The file vrtaucbl sys is not digitally signed which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft s Windows Hardware Quality Labs WHQL You may be able to get a WHQL logo d driver from the hardware manufacturer Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab The file cthda sys is not digitally signed which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft s Windows Hardware Quality Labs WHQL You may be able to get a WHQL logo d driver from the hardware manufacturer Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name AMD Radeon HD Series Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices Inc Chip type ATI display adapter x B DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV B amp SUBSYS B amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name BENQ XL T Digital Monitor Model BenQ XL T Monitor Id BNQ F Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d No WHQL Date Stamp None Device Identifier D B EE - F - CF-A - A BBEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x B SubSys ID x B Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag Hawaii ci ven amp dev b Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceT... Read more

A:Control key and subsequent A key press being ignored.

Guess everyone is as stumped as i am.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/control-key-and-subsequent-a-key-press-being-ignored.1136355/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello dear friends Recently I had a malwarebytes alert on a suspicious subsequent PUM.DNS and Trojan.DNSChanger outbound connection request from svchost exe Malwarebytes Anti-Malware had identified Trojan DNSChanger registry keys of them Having concluded the scan I have chosen to quarantine the thing but the problem persisted apparently After a research on internet I have downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit software which identified the same registry keys but suqsequently deleted them After a reboot Trojan.DNSChanger and subsequent PUM.DNS the problem persisted up until I did all of the above again but after that before connecting to internet I have set the DNS manually to I had no more alerts In the meantime the router of the network TPLINK was checked on my recommendation and the DNS IPs were corrected in it it seemed that the wrong DNS IPs came from there in the first place I note that there are several infected machines on the network beyond my control I have run a RogueKiller check today and have received a PUM DNS alert I read a lot about it and came accross this forum where several users have posted a similar problem I have followed the instructions of one of them and have run sequential checks with Farbar GWER and TDSKiller I attach the logs hereto I also attach the log of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware where the original Trojan DNSChanger registry keys are listed The MBAM scan shows the trojan registry keys again after all of the above Please advise Thanks a lot Best regards

A:Trojan.DNSChanger and subsequent PUM.DNS

By the way, I also attach the RogueKiller log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564175/trojandnschanger-and-subsequent-pumdns/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, I have BSOD everytime i switch on my PC..hope you guys can help analyze the dump files as attached. thank you

A:BSOD when first switching on PC

Hello greenlocal.

You need to do do some disc checks.
Update your SSD's Firmware (skip it, if it is not a SSD)
Re-seat the sata and power.
Run chkdsk /f/r, following the option two of the tutorial Disk Check
Seatool for dos: SeaTools | Seagate download
Burn it in a blank cd. boot from the CD, click on "Accept", wait for it to finish detecting the drives, then in the upper left corner select "Basic Tests", then select "Long Test" and let it run.
Try to make some space of C drive free, It is almost full occupied.

Free up the startup.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept the restart.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/267335-bsod-when-first-switching-pc.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi team,
Appreciate your help here, I do not really encounter BSOD when I am doing my things in the PC but usually everytime the next day after i first switch on my PC, i will have blue screen saying something like a software/hardware failed to load or something. FYI i always shut down my PC properly. i know this is insufficient info , how do i view the dump files and post it here for u guys to analyze?

Thanks.

A:BSOD when first switching on PC

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/267260-bsod-when-first-switching-pc.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there, my computer is a relatively new custom build and I have been getting a lot of BSODs recently. Any help is appreciated,

Thanks!

A:BSOD when switching to TV

Hi, Nizzeh and welcome to Seven Forums. Unfortunately, your dump files are not telling me too much right now. Three of them showed this

Code:
igdkmd64
start end module name
fffff880`04afc000 fffff880`04f14000 igdkmd64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys
Image name: igdkmd64.sys
Timestamp: Mon Sep 16 19:08:54 2013 (52379D96)
CheckSum: 003FE60C
ImageSize: 00418000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
That is your Intel graphics adapter which you should first go to your motherboard's web site for your board and see if they have an updated driver later than the date above. also
Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specsthen

Open a elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346601-bsod-when-switching-tv.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I am the IT consultant doing work for a company and one of their Windows x PCs got infected with the Dropper Generic c MMI trojan AVG detected this and we were unable to initially remove it since it infected services exe It did clean out two incidences of Trojan horse Generic ANHA We ran the quot sfc scanfile c windows system services exe quot command and it appeared to fix this issue as AVG was no longer reporting the problem The next day the computer was reported to be quot unresponsive and sluggish quot The following day after that the user reported a browser hijack and couldn t use their browser without the redirect problems Now after running a Spybot S D scan it cleaned up a CouponBar infection The AVG resident shield this morning detected a Worm Generic CDLI infection and a registry key to this infected file and cleaned subsequent problems Dropper.Generic_c.MMI and both of these I have Dropper.Generic_c.MMI and subsequent problems disabled two quot Research quot IE addons and a quot Discuss quot IE addon Disabled and re-enabled System Restore I picked through everything in system startup and removed everything except the essential Attached are is the HJT log Please let me know if there is anything further I am missing Thank you in advance for any assistance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x KONICA MINOLTA FTP Utility KMFtp exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit DataProtect IntuitDataProtect exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBWebConnector QBWebConnector exe C Program Files x Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions QBW EXE C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit Sync IntuitSyncManager exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com USREL R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Tool... Read more

A:Dropper.Generic_c.MMI and subsequent problems

Hiya and welcome to Tech Support Guy
Download Security Check from here.
Save it to your Desktop.
Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediatly.

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition for Home Users
Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Home" button to leave the control center screen.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click Scan your computer.
On the left, select all fixed drives.
Click "Start Complete Scan" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "Continue".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "Remove Threats" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click View Scan Logs.
[*]Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
[*]If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
[*]Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
[*]Click Close to exit the program.
Please include the MBAM log, SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log and checkup.txt in your next reply

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dropper-generic_c-mmi-and-subsequent-problems.1059421/
Relevancy 45.15%

So I reinstalled windows XP on a machine today, but it was an old install cd and key.

The install of XP is VERY old and the key is verified to another machine for the time being.

Well, after trying to get some things updated, any time i non-safe boot it restarts at the end (or during, i guess) of loading all the programs.

It's presumably just the blaster worm or some other such, but I can't really do anything to wipe it.

Any easy suggestions?

A:XP reinstall and subsequent stability issue.

Since you cannot install xp with the same key on more than one machine, I am closing this thread. Please read the tsg rules regarding this issue before posting again. Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-reinstall-and-subsequent-stability-issue.576224/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all - I want to set up my computer so that my administrative User account is stored locally but all subsequent user accounts created are created on an external HD Many of the guides and tutorials which show how to do this involve HD External all Creating Users Subsequent on changing the registry which I believe will not allow me to diferentiate between my current admin account and all subsequently created user accounts I think this will mess with my locally stored user account I do NOT want my computer to go Creating all Subsequent Users on External HD looking for my administartive account on my external drive I was following this guide User Profiles - Relocate to Creating all Subsequent Users on External HD another Partition or Disk Until it got to the part where you needed your USB DVD with your Win installation media which I do not have Other guides on how to change the user location I think will permanently Creating all Subsequent Users on External HD change the location of ALL user files including the Administrator's which I want to keep locally on my machine Examples - How to Change User Profile Default Location in Windows Next of Windows How To Change User Profile Location in Windows without Registry Hack Next of Windows Finally - I want to be able to create the user accounts on the external drive directly and I do not want to create them locally and port them over as some other guides have shown I will be doing this process for dozens maybe 's of accounts over time and I do not want to go through the hassle of porting over every account I make If this is possible please let me know how to do it If it's impossible please let me know so I can stop looking for a way to do it

A:Creating all Subsequent Users on External HD

Run regedit as an administrator
Find the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
Modify ProfilesDirectory to whatever your external Drive is.

It works even on 8.1, and all your next user profiles will be directed there. Keep in mind that unlike under unix moving whole user profiles locations while possible, isn't recommended by microsoft and can break some updates. The recommended microsoft way is to only move the subfolders of user profiles (my documents, my images, my videos, etc...), but this involves doing what you don't want (create locally then move them).

More info from MS here : ProfilesDirectory

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36451-creating-all-subsequent-users-external-hd.html
Relevancy 45.15%

bought an alienware m17x r3 last september, when i received it i fitted a SSD (re installed windows) and another 4gb ram.

Spec:

7 x64 Ultimate (originally with premium)
SSD + Slave Hdd
gtx560m

Machine will bluescreen when left alone for periods of time, not over heating, not under strain.

I had a feeling it was GPu related when the machine was trying to switch between the nvidia gpu and the intel gpu but cant be sure, i have tried both the Dell recommended drivers and the Manufacturer drivers.

I have attached requested dump files + health checks.

The health check shows 3 bluetooth devices not installed correctly (the issue occurred before these and i think they are related to my wireless keyboard/mouse)

Any help much appreciated.

A:BSOD Possible GPU Switching related

105 views and no reply am i doomed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/204497-bsod-possible-gpu-switching-related.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey everyone my roommates laptop exploded with BSOD this past week and i cant pin point what it could be, he did have 2 antivirus programs at one point installed but i removed one of them but then the BSOD still kept happening. I included the zip files for you guys to look at and thanks for any input that could help solve this problem. lazertag7

A:BSOD after switching antivirus

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Reduce the start-up items, Antivirus software is basically whats required. Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Clean Startup in Windows 7
------------------------
Avast! can be a reason for bsods. Please remove it and use Microsoft Security Essentials & the Free version of Malwarebytes, update and make full scans separately: Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase
Help protect your PC with Microsoft Security Essentials
Malwarebytes Free

Note
Do not start the trial version of MalwareBytes

You may also take a look at: Good & Free System Security Combination
------------------------
Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible: Click on the
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow - read here
Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it - read here
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

BSOD BUGCHECK

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.18229.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130801-1533
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03610000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`038536d0
Debug session time: Tue Sep 17 04:00:30.335 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:21:22.210
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {403, fffff6800002ca78, a7e00001468da867, fffff6800002ba8a}

Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!SURFACE::bDeleteSurface+3c8 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.18229.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130801-1533
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0361c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0385f6d0
Debug session time: Tue Sep 17 02:42:44.005 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:46:08.879
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305304-bsod-after-switching-antivirus.html
Relevancy 45.15%

As the title stated When I want BSOD user switching when to switch from an admin BSOD when switching user account to another one either from the start panel or the log-on screen I often get a BSOD sometimes when I'm lucky I don't get it but most of the time I'm getting a BSOD after I click quot switch user quot I bought this Dell back in January which came with a Vista Home Premium x and I upgraded it in November to windows professional x I had been using the SP RC since the upgrade until last week when I uninstalled it and updated to SP this week I hadn't got any problem when I first installed Windows don't know when it started having the problem but it is certain that the problem started before I updated to SP BSOD when switching user this week No re-installation done I hope someone could kindly help me resolve the problem Thank you I have attached the zip file needed Regards shutdo EDIT minidump enabled updated zip file

A:BSOD when switching user

There are no minidump file within that zip file, can you follow these instructions and reupload your dump files: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/151640-bsod-when-switching-user.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I recently upgraded my computer. Since, I have had frequent BSOD episodes. They were very frequent and after doing some research, I went to look for my minidump files. Finding the folder empty, I backtracked and realized I had turned off page filing due to having a SSD. After turning that back on, the BSOD episodes have reduced to one every couple of days. Go figure...

Anyway, here's my info:

Attachment 234755

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did try driver verifier after reading that on another post. I unclicked all of Microsoft drivers as that post instructed. The result was a computer speed that reminded me of my first IBM 8086. I turned that off as fast as I could...

A:BSOD after switching motherboards

Your crash dumps are not showing any finite probable cause. In such a situation, it is better to enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/256204-bsod-after-switching-motherboards.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Computer remains stable in the first user selected after booting.
After switching to another user, BSOD happens after a few minutes, even when (apparently) no user programs are being run. Most recent case - switched user - a few minutes using Quicken 2004, program closed OK, when I looked at the screen after a few moments, BSOD.
I booted up, straight into Windows, system has been OK for 24 hours plus...
Advice will be welcome

A:BSOD after switching User

Hi Vaughan65.

Checked the crash dump, and it does not indicate anything specific.

As it is not causing any more problem, it might be considered as just a glitch and can be negleted for the time being. If the BSODs continue to occur, then take it seriously.

BTW, during last December some BSODs were caused by NetgearUDSMBus.sys, Netgear NetUSB MasterBus. Try to update it. Also update ASMedia XHCI Controller.

If the BSODs continue to occur, upload the crash dumps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322170-bsod-after-switching-user.html
Relevancy 45.15%

a few months ago I switched my laptop from vista to XP. I got all the appropriate drivers, and slipstreamed them into my installation disk. Everything went fine at first, then a few weeks after switching I began to blue screen. was only once a week or so, and wasnt a big deal at the time, so I didn't mind it. lately it has been happening 3-4 times a day. I am using Windows XP Pro SP3.
the stop code I get is:
STOP: 0x0000010D (0x00000002, 0x88EE8054, 0x00000000, 0x896A2E38)
I thought it might be that a critical driver might be out of date, but I checked them all, and they all seemed to be up to date..
Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

A:BSoD after switching from vista to XP

http://www.faultwire.com/solutions/fatal_e...rk+has+detectedhttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141725/keep-getting-bsods-happening-more-and-more-frequently/http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203313/windows-driver-framework-stop-error-bsod-fun/I suggest following the approach suggested by USASMA and posting results here.Help Diagnosing BSODs And Crashes (BC) - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225782/bsod-after-switching-from-vista-to-xp/
Relevancy 45.15%

I recently switched my vaio vgn-nr110e laptop from vista to xp. To do so, I had to manually install drivers, including from the sony esupport site (Intel? Graphics Media Accelerator Driver, Version 6.14.10.4847 for Microsoft? Windows? XP Operating System and Intel? Chipset Driver, Version 8.2.0.1012 for Microsoft? Windows? XP Operating System). Now, when I play Warcraft III (more specifically, DotA), I get a bsod. The technical information says:
STOP: 0x0000008e (0xC0000005, 0xAA469BEE, 0xA8ED171C, 0x00000000)

RtkHDAud.sys - Address AA469BEE base at AA3210000, Datestamp 4670ff4f

In addition, when I reboot I get a Microsoft Windows error message. The error signature says:
BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : A5BFDBEE BCP3 : A18D771C
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

and the error report content says:
C:\DOCUME~1\HYUNHW~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER99ed.dir00\Mini012509-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\HYUNHW~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER99ed.dir00\sysdata.xml

A:Could the bsod happen from switching to xp?

RtkHDAud.sysI think this is the driver for a Realtek sound card, so you could start by reinstalling it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/198163/could-the-bsod-happen-from-switching-to-xp/
Relevancy 44.72%

I ve been having and Blue Screen Slowdown Computer Subsequent a major Blue Screen and Subsequent Computer Slowdown technical issue with my netbook and am wondering if any of you have any helpful insight Thank you so much for reading Basic Specs Acer Aspire One AOA - Refurbished Netbook - Intel Atom amp Processor N GHz GB DDR Blue Screen and Subsequent Computer Slowdown GB HDD quot WSVGA Windows XP Home Yesterday I got the dreaded blue screen but the computer quickly restarted before I could jot down the specific issue Today I changed the settings so that if I get another blue screen the system does not automatically restart and I can jot down the issue Since then all aspects of the netbook i e startup browsing media etc have been running extremely slowly Up until yesterday I d had no issue with this netbook which I purchased refurbished from an online retailer about days ago Does anyone have any idea as to some helpful steps to get this back to normal Other info I am using around GB of my HD and have GB remaining they sent me a GB HD as opposed to GB Keeping in mind that my troubleshooting system knowledge is relatively minimal after reading up on the blue screen and evaluating my use of the netbook I think this could be one of many issues A few contenders I ve downloaded some files over the past weeks so viruses spyware could be the issue Virus and spyware scans have come up blank and some spyware has been found If there is any update I can let you know I switched from the -cell battery that came with the netbook to a -cell I purchased off of ebay about a week ago I read in a few spots that sometimes the -cell is detrimental to the BIOS Could that be the issue have in mind I also tried the -cell battery now but the computer was still running just as slow Any help to get this back to normal is hugely appreciated Thanks again P S I am now running Avast Avira Spybot Ad-Aware and Malwarebytes though not simultaneously to help diagnose If any of these are not recommended please let me know Cheers nbsp

A:Blue Screen and Subsequent Computer Slowdown

Have you tried doing a "system restore" to a prior date?

Start > run: msconfig > Launch System Restore and select a date a few days prior to the crash. These can be "undone" if not helpful.

-----------------------------

I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to c:\windows\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder. *this assumes 'c' is your boot drive, if it is not, subsitute accordingly
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

This might point us to a non Microsoft driver causing the error, if one exists for it.

If you do not see any minidumps, be sure you are not using any cache cleaner such as CCleaner. Also run sysdm.cpl and select Advanced > Startup and Recovery. Make sure "small memory dump" is the one chosen under "write debugging information" and the location should be %systemroot%\minidump

------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also try Clean Boot Troubleshooting >>

Run msconfig and select the "Services" tab. Check "Hide Microsoft Services" and then disable the rest. Also uncheck "load startup group" on the general page.
Now restart and test the issue at hand

If no problems, run msconfig and recheck half the disabled items on the Services tab. Test again. If the problem recurs, UNcheck half the items you just checked to narrow down the culprit.

If the problem didn't occur, check the other half, so all the Services are enabled -- proceed to do this on the startup tab as well.

Get the idea? You want to isolate the problem to a specific startup if possible.

Note: if you already have items unchecked under msconfig > startups and are in &#8220;selective&#8221; startup mode &#8211; you should note what these are before beginning. They will need to be de-selected again.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 << written for Vista but apples equally to XP

--------------------------------------------------------

Performance Troubleshooting questions (just answer those that you have not already)

PERFORMANCE QUESTIONS:

0 > when did the problem seem to be begin?
1 > is it very slow to boot up?
2 > do programs open slowly?
3 > does the same behavior occur both on and off the internet. Or with no connection at all?
4 > does it matter how long the system has been on, and does a restart improve things?

Slow performance issues can often be due to overheating, so if the system is faster after it has been shutdown for a while and then restarted -- that would be especially suspect. To check for possible problems here, shutdown, open the case and blow out any accumulated dust. Then turn it
on and check to see that the fan is working. Sometimes it helps to physically clean the fan.

If a laptop, check to see that the vent is clear of dust and verify the fan is working. Temps and fan speed can usually be monitored with SpeedFan (except on Dell desktops), a free utility.

5 > if you do a ctrl-alt-del, do any processes show excess cpu usage, other than System Idle Process?

6 > If you open the Device Manager (run devmgmt.msc) and select the entry for IDE ATA/Atapi and select the Primary IDE > Advanced Settings, does it say the "current transfer mode" is Ultra DMA or PIO?

If it says PIO or even just DMA (rather than &#8220;ULTRA&#8221; DMA, first ensure "Use DMA if Available&#8221; is selected, then select the driver tab and uninstall the driver and reboot. Then check again.

Alternately you can run the script on this page >> http://winhlp.com/node/10

*note that the above... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-and-subsequent-computer-slowdown.861411/
Relevancy 44.72%

BIOS SET UP ERROR AND SUBSEQUENT LOSS OF CONNECTION TO PREVIOUSLY ADDED HARD DRIVE Connection Loss Hd up To Subsequent Bios Set 2nd Error, DURING SONY VAIO RECONFIGURATION Model SONY RB Pentium Windows XP MHz Following a power outage during which the computer was ran on generator power my SONY VAIO RB computer became bogged down in the opening VAIO screen when turned on and after about a minute and a half showed a DOS SETUP screen indicating Error and asked the operator to press F to access setup When pressing F the BIOS setup screen appeared showing the devices in the computer and setup options This included two Maxtor hard drives one that came with the computer and one added At this time all the devices worked once the boot up was completed including the second hard-drive added at the time of purchase The only problem was in the boot Bios Set up Error, Subsequent Connection Loss To 2nd Hd up process where the boot up time increased to minutes up from minute before the problem began and required that the quot Error quot screen be dealt with by pressing F to enter the BIOS setup then Escape and then choosing Exit and discard changes The computer then proceeded with the boot up to Windows XP In order to fix the error problem I tried the Windows restore function several times but the Setup Error screen on boot up persisted I realized that the restore function only deals with Windows XP problems not BIOS At that point I decided to do a full SONY VAIO reconfiguration I didn t think that there would be a problem because the procedure requires a couple of back up discs a DVD and a Start up CD However I did fear loss of Windows XP connection to the second or D hard drive The procedure turned to be a time consuming mistake because the reconfiguration loads old software that subsequently requires extensive updating of Windows XP and every other program including Internet Explorer After the reconfiguration new problems emerged The computer no longer recognized the second hard drive D During the SONY reconfiguration the software renamed the DVD RW drive D it was formerly E That left the D hard drive in limbo and totally inaccessible While the old Maxtor D drive is still quot connected quot and shown in the BIOS screen the one that shows the Error on boot up it is not shown on My Computer or any other new hardware Windows Installation Wizard screen or dialogue box I need to fix two things The quot Error quot set up screen that appears on boot up It may have been caused by the generator supplied electricity which also causes all the digital clocks in the house to advance at the rate of minutes every hours It seem the generator HZ frequency is different from the municipality I need to re-establish the Windows connection to the old Maxtor hard drive I looked up Error in Google Search and found that it is related to PS Memory adapter error according to PC Post error codes or to POST Error - I O PARITY DIAGS Error - Test Protect Mode type protect mode test According to Computer Craft Is there any info on this HELP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-set-up-error-subsequent-connection-loss-to-2nd-hd.658328/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi guys I recently attempted to burn a CD and found that none of my media programs including WMP Zune or VLC could recognize my drive as a burner Then with horror it dawned on me I played a store-bought CD recently Interpol s quot Antics quot I looked at the case to see the dreaded sticker burner subsequent and functionality... rootkit of Possible loss indicating the presence of a proprietary scheme in this case called quot opendisc quot not to be confused with the much less nefarious Linux-based open source project claiming to offer exclusive content but as usual only inflicting pain and suffering upon PC users I ve seen some confirmation on the net that this is definitely DRM and it could have caused my drive to be unusable as a burner On a side note this is yet another reminder of why music labels are losing money and my trust I buy the stupid CD and get punished for it because I m obviously a criminal in their eyes merely because I listen to music I would like help in removing this and it might very well be a rootkit or maybe something less obvious NOTE I am NOT using any advice to circumvent DRM for illegal purposes I just want my burner back from these pathetic hacks Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-rootkit-and-subsequent-loss-of-burner-functionality.653499/
Relevancy 44.72%

BIOS SET UP ERROR AND SUBSEQUENT LOSS OF CONNECTION TO PREVIOUSLY ADDED HARD DRIVE DURING SONY VAIO RECONFIGURATION Model SONY RB Pentium Windows XP MHz Following a power outage during which the computer was ran on generator power my SONY VAIO RB computer became bogged down in the opening VAIO screen when turned on and after about a minute and a half showed a DOS SETUP screen indicating Error and asked the operator to press F to access setup When pressing F the BIOS setup screen appeared showing the devices in the computer and setup options This included two Maxtor hard drives one that came with the computer and one added At this time all the devices Subsequent Set To Connection Loss Hd 2nd Error, Bios worked once the boot up was completed including the second hard-drive added at the time of purchase The only problem was in the boot up Bios Set Error, Subsequent Connection Loss To 2nd Hd process where the boot up time increased to minutes up from minute before the problem began and required that the quot Error quot Bios Set Error, Subsequent Connection Loss To 2nd Hd screen be dealt with by pressing F to enter the BIOS setup then Escape and then choosing Exit and discard changes The computer then proceeded with the boot up to Windows XP In order to fix the error problem I tried the Windows restore function several times but the Setup Error screen on boot up persisted I realized that the restore function only deals with Windows XP problems not BIOS At that point I decided to do a full SONY VAIO reconfiguration I didn t think that there would be a problem because the procedure requires a couple of back up discs a DVD and a Start up CD However I did fear loss of Windows XP connection to the second or D hard drive The procedure turned to be a time consuming mistake because the reconfiguration loads old software that subsequently requires extensive updating of Windows XP and every other program including Internet Explorer After the reconfiguration new problems emerged The computer no longer recognized the second hard drive D During the SONY reconfiguration the software renamed the DVD RW drive D it was formerly E That left the D hard drive in limbo and totally inaccessible While the old Maxtor D drive is still quot connected quot and shown in the BIOS screen the one that shows the Error on boot up it is not shown on My Computer or any other new hardware Windows Installation Wizard screen or dialogue box I need to fix two things The quot Error quot set up screen that appears on boot up It may have been caused by the generator supplied electricity which also causes all the digital clocks in the house to advance at the rate of minutes every hours It seem the generator HZ frequency is different from the municipality I need to re-establish the Windows connection to the old Maxtor hard drive I looked up Error in Google Search and found that it is related to PS Memory adapter error according to PC Post error codes or to POST Error - I O PARITY DIAGS Error - Test Protect Mode type protect mode test According to Computer Craft Is there any info on this HELP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-set-error-subsequent-connection-loss-to-2nd-hd.658327/
Relevancy 44.72%

My new download/upgrade from windows media player 9 to 10 completed, but the new copy of WMP hangs at my music library. When I try to reinstall it, it gives me the message that it couldn't complete the installation.

Any Ideas on how to get a working copy of WMP?

A:Upgrade from WMP 9 to 10 corrupted, subsequent reinstallations fail

Try totally uninstalling it and then downloading and running the stand alone installer
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...0/default.aspx

IF it still fails to install you may need to run the microsoft windows installer cleanup utility.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;290301
Run it and only cleanup the WMP installer files.

More info on its use here
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/MSICLEAN.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/upgrade-from-wmp-9-to-10-corrupted-subsequent-reinstallations-fail-73807.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone I DL a file and Norton Antivirus caught and crashed after detecting w spyboy worm I ve since run DB Fix twice Here is the output log for the first attempt SDFix Version Run by Administrator on Sat at PM Microsoft Windows XP Version Running From C SDFix Checking Services Restoring Default Security Values Restoring Default Hosts File Rebooting Checking Files Trojan Files Found C autorun inf subsequent to failures w32.spybot.worm remove - Deleted Removing Temp Files ADS Check Final Check catchme W K XP Vista - rootkit stealth malware detector by Gmer http www gmer net Rootkit scan - - Windows Service Pack NTFS scanning hidden processes scanning hidden services amp system hive disk error C WINDOWS system config w32.spybot.worm subsequent failures to remove system scanning hidden registry entries disk error C w32.spybot.worm subsequent failures to remove WINDOWS system config software disk error C Documents w32.spybot.worm subsequent failures to remove and Settings Owner ntuser dat scanning hidden files disk error C WINDOWS please note that you need administrator rights to perform deep scan Remaining Services Authorized Application Key Export HKEY LOCAL MACHINE system currentcontrolset services sharedaccess parameters firewallpolicy standardprofile authorizedapplications list quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabledxpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files TurboTax Business bit ttax exe quot quot C Program Files TurboTax Business bit ttax exe LocalSubNet Enabled TurboTax quot quot C Program Files TurboTax Business bit updatemgr exe quot quot C Program Files TurboTax Business bit updatemgr exe LocalSubNet Enabled TurboTax Update Manager quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe quot quot C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe Enabled iTunes quot quot C Program Files TurboTax Premier bit ttax exe quot quot C Program Files TurboTax Premier bit ttax exe LocalSubNet Enabled TurboTax quot quot C Program Files TurboTax Premier bit updatemgr exe quot quot C Program Files TurboTax Premier bit updatemgr exe LocalSubNet Enabled TurboTax Update Manager quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabledxpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe Enabled Windows Live Messenger quot quot C Program Files MSN Messenger livecall exe quot quot C Program Files MSN Messenger livecall exe Enabled Windows Live Messenger Phone quot quot C Program Files TurboTax Business bit ttax exe quot quot C Program Files TurboTax Business bit ttax exe LocalSubNet Enabled TurboTax quot quot C Program Files TurboTax Business bit updatemgr exe quot quot C Program Files TurboTax Business bit updatemgr exe LocalSubNet Enabled TurboTax Update Manager quot quot C Program Files TurboTax Premier bit ttax exe quot quot C Program Files TurboTax Premier bit ttax exe LocalSubNet Enabled TurboTax quot quot C Program Files TurboTax Premier bit updatemgr exe quot quot C Program Files TurboTax Premier bit updatemgr exe LocalSubNet Enabled TurboTax Update Manager quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE system currentcontrolset services sharedaccess parameters firewallpolicy domainprofile authorizedapplications list quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabledxpsp res dll - quot quot windir Network... Read more

Relevancy 44.72%

Hey all I m in need of some fairly major help Got myself into a bit of trouble here I downloaded a patch for a video game that didn t seem Subsequent Service.exe Problem Removal; Audio quite right but I ran it anyway stupid stupid me When I ran it Service.exe Removal; Subsequent Audio Problem an error of some kind popped up can t remember what it was now and norton internet security told me that an application quot service exe quot was trying to access the internet I immediately thought quot Virus quot and blocked it Upon searching the computer for the application I found it in the windows system directory I then searched the net for it an found that it was definitely a virus of some kind however norton antivirus didn t pick it up so I put service exe in quarantine I then went about removing it manually and I ran a hijackthis log Here Service.exe Removal; Subsequent Audio Problem it is you ll see the offending file in bold at the bottom - Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeD programs Norton Internet Security ISSVC exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeD programs Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeD programs NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeD programs hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeopleR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www sonypictures com digent games vaio jeopardy O - Hosts idenupdate motorola comO - BHO no name - DCA - B- B F- FF- B E BDB - C WINDOWS system HDBHO dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - D programs Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - D programs Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - D programs Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - D programs Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - d programs Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - D programs Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel presentO - Extra context menu item Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res D programs Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert link target to existing PDF - res D programs Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res D programs Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECaptureSelLinks htmlO - Extra context men... Read more

A:Service.exe Removal; Subsequent Audio Problem

Well nevermind (nervous laughter), I fixed it. The problem was somehow the "Windows Audio" service got disabled. Enabling it took care of it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/60220/serviceexe-removal;-subsequent-audio-problem/
Relevancy 44.72%

When you select to print, the print job goes thru' but Word stops responding.

However, I can then open another copy of Word and send another print job. The pages get printed but again the second copy of Word stops responding.

Then opening Notepad I can print from this without problem. Then opening Excel printing from here seems ok. By this time the second copy of Word allows me to close it. BUT the first copy is still on the screen NOT Responding.

During this process there are problems with screen redraw.
I have tried restarting and printing from Notepad. The first print job again hangs the Notepad application subsequent prints are ok.

Any Thoughts?
Carol

Relevancy 44.72%

A work friend has just told me she has a 34 page document and needs to change the text in the headers in three different "chunks" throughout the document. So, eg., the first 10 pages would read differently to the next 10 pages etc. in terms of what is typed into the headers.

We tried using section breaks and clicking Same as Previous on the H/F floating toolbar but it did not help.

Help would be appreciated.

Thank you - Julie

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,
I have been experiencing random BSOD crashes when switching users or logging out.
This happens about 1 out of 4 times.
What I have done so far:
Applied all Windows Updates.
Updated Video Drivers.
Updated some mother board drivers from Intel.
Run x86 memory scan - No errors
Run chkdisk - No errors.
Virus scan using MS Security Essentials. - No hits.
Malware scan using free Malware bytes. - No hits.
Remove all Cyberware software (I saw this in another post).

This particular BSOD has become a real problem because I am testing software that requires multiple account
types.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
-Paul

Relevancy 44.29%

OS - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 or Vista? Win7
? x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64
? What was the original installed OS on the system?
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? retail
? Approximate age of system (hardware) 1 year
? Approximate age of OS installation (if you know) 1 year
? Have you re-installed the OS? yes

? CPU - intel core i5 3570k
? Video Card - EVGA GTX 970
? MotherBoard (if NOT a laptop) - ASRock Z75 Pro3
? Power Supply - brand & wattage (if NOT a laptop) - Enermax 650

Laptop or Desktop? Desktop

Case: Corsair Carbide Series 330R Blackout Edition

Got the GTX 970 and had to upgrade to the 330R to fit it in. Twice now [i think both times, but i can't remember what i did the first time] i switched the fans from low to high and got a BSOD.

Thanks again TSF!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/switching-fans-to-high-bsod-1108978.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello all,
My system has started BSOD'ing when switching users. Normally I log on as an admin, but I want to create accounts for my kids with much lower rights, obviously. The system has been stable for a few years, but now that I've created the kids accounts, I see BSOD frequently when switching to one of their accounts.

I think I got all the info requested from the SF Diag tool attached.

Thanks for any assistance!

Martin

A:BSOD, only when switching user Win7 x64

Welcome
Apparantly and driver problem. Driver verifier may be able to tell us which one
Driver Verifier
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Windows 7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244070-bsod-only-when-switching-user-win7-x64.html