Windows Support Forum

Could not connect to wifi through wireless but could with LAN ethernet

Q: Could not connect to wifi through wireless but could with LAN ethernet

Hello,
I really need help, please

So, 3 days ago I was connected to my wifi through wireless just fine
But now, whenever I try to connect, it says "unable to connect"
The signal is fine, the password is right, it would try "connecting" but ends up "unable to connect"
Been working fine all along and suddenly this occur

So, I tried to plug in the LAN cable and through the ethernet, it could connect fine!!

I have no idea why this is! PLEASE HELP!!

My computer: WINDOWS XP (32 bit/Home Edition/Version 2002/Service Pack 3)
Wireless: Intel PROSet/Wireless 14.3.1

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Could not connect to wifi through wireless but could with LAN ethernet

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Could not connect to wifi through wireless but could with LAN ethernet

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-connect-to-wifi-through-wireless-but-could-with-lan-ethernet.198992/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello please help me i have a problem with my Laptop that can't connect ethernet, can LAN, (wireless), USB Can't WIFI connect to my home wifi Another notebook can connect no problem handphone and ipod no problem only this laptop I've just bought the laptop day after that i dont know why become limited and then after i try many way from google become cannot connect to my wifi now already week I CAN CONNECT to my wifi if i bring the modem wifi really near with my laptop and sometimes limited Can't connect WIFI (wireless), ethernet, LAN, USB can sometimes 'connected' but really super slow connection internet i tried from my phone the internet connection good I have wifi in my home the Modem wifi and via USB connect to the ROuter TP-LINK I have tried the third wifi from another person which Can't connect WIFI (wireless), ethernet, LAN, USB can is same type with my modem wifi but still can connect I wonder why I have installed the latest drive in hp website tried changed previous driver re installed times whatever way i can find in google this is the last resort maybe These are the descriptions product HP -r tx windows pro WMC bit driver Ralink RT bgn Wi-Fi Adapter provider mediatek version driver date hardware ids PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS EC C amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS EC C PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC when I connected to ITEZA with superslow connection i tried the troubleshoot problems sometimes it says my connection of router is broken sometimes DNS sometimes nothing particular when Can't connect WIFI (wireless), ethernet, LAN, USB can i tried repairing the computer via quot F - gt boot CD- gt klik repair - gt troubleshoot- gt check conflict there is conflic which is quot net x sys quot if I am not mistaken and that is my driver so i unistall and change the drivers and still no solution Please can anyone help me I'd really appreciate it

A:Can't connect WIFI (wireless), ethernet, LAN, USB can

If this is a new, 1 week old laptop, I would contact tech support for help. You may have a defective wifi adapter. If it is defective, it should be covered under warranty.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62349-cant-connect-wifi-wireless-ethernet-lan-usb-can.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi guys - setting up computers in my new home and have got the wifi working fine with my BT connect wifi Router to Ethernet Cannot via BTHub3 but Wireless works - Home Hub router works for laptops mobile devices etc Have been trying to connect via Ethernet for a laptop and home pc for a faster more reliable connection but it doesn't seem to be working When plugged in the Network and Sharing Centre simply displays the loading blue circle with 'identifying' but no network access When clicking on the Local Area Connection Status both IPv and IPv connectivity state no network access but I can't seem to find Cannot connect via Ethernet to BTHub3 Wireless Router - but wifi works any hardware problems on the laptop The same issue occurs for other laptops at home and I know my laptop works with Ethernet at work Running ipconfig all shows that DHCP is enabled I checked this on the properties tab for the IPvs autoconfiguration is enabled I can add in a copy and paste of the whole ipconfig all if that's helpful - 'media disconnected' shows for Tunnel adapters but I don't really understand what they are If anyone could help at all I'd be really grateful

A:Cannot connect via Ethernet to BTHub3 Wireless Router - but wifi works

Could be that the router is only set to wifi.
go to your router setting page open it (192.168.0.1) check the settings there,
password is probably admin if you havn't changed it, please do change it if you havn't.

Or plan B reset the router

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/377034-cannot-connect-via-ethernet-bthub3-wireless-router-but-wifi-works.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 72.24%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi guys,
I have an issue I would like to resolve. I will try to be as clear and precised as possible.
I'm only allowed to one device to an internet. My laptop connects directly to internet WiFi. So the laptop (Windows 10) serves as a hotspot. But I have two other devices I want to connect. A PC (Windows 7) via Ethernet and a smartphone via WiFi.
Right now, I can either share the WiFi in laptop to the PC by bridging, or to smartphone via hospot, but NOT both at the same time. I want to connect both like this;

What should I do?

Thanks

A:I need to connect both Ethernet and WiFi to a Hotspot.

Originally Posted by wtenten

Hi guys,
I have an issue I would like to resolve. I will try to be as clear and precised as possible.
I'm only allowed to one device to an internet. My laptop connects directly to internet WiFi. So the laptop (Windows 10) serves as a hotspot. But I have two other devices I want to connect. A PC (Windows 7) via Ethernet and a smartphone via WiFi.
Right now, I can either share the WiFi in laptop to the PC by bridging, or to smartphone via hospot, but NOT both at the same time. I want to connect both like this;

What should I do?

Thanks

Your wifi is solved but for the ethernet part, you would need a wifi to ethernet adapter like this one.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47609-i-need-connect-both-ethernet-wifi-hotspot.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Greetings, for some reason, I have not been able to connect to modem, with hi speed internet, just wifi,can someone please help me with this. I have connected Samsung support  several times, they had said it was a driver, and after many attempts were able to update the driver, toredo tunneling , system worked for a short time, then reverted to wifi. Thanks to anyone who can help.
 Samsung NP300 Laptop
 4 gig mem, intel premium processor, Windows Home Premium version with SP1, 64 bit program

Thanks,
   Jim

A:Please help, can not connect to modem with ethernet , just wifi

What's your Ethernet setup? Modem to router to PC?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553133/please-help-can-not-connect-to-modem-with-ethernet-just-wifi/
Relevancy 69.23%

My problem started the day of the big cyber attack on the internet. Coincidence?

I am having the same problem as this poster

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629989/cant-connect-to-the-internet-via-wifi-but-can-with-cable/

I've tried everything mentioned in that thread to no avail.

I have Windows 7 - 64 bit.
Vaio vgn-z610y which is 7 yr old.

Went to Device manager.. First deleted, then I updated the  driver for Intel Wifi 5100 AGN.. Then I went to the Sony site and found another driver update.

I don't see a place in Bios.to enable wireless.

The Windows Mobility utility didn't fix the problem.

I don't know what else to try..The Netgear WNR1000 v4 router is new and wifi works on my tablet..

I've removed the battery from the laptop.

I don't have a restore point so maybe I have a virus? I've run Malwarebytes, , Awdcleaner, Avast, Tdsskiller,

Please HELP!

Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630521/cant-connect-to-wifi-but-can-use-ethernet-cable/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello- I am trying to troubleshoot a network connectivity issue for my Mom amp Dad's laptop It is an HP -bit running Windows Up until this morning it was able ethernet-can wifi Can't see connect networks or with to connect to wi-fi My mother was on the internet with no problems They have my-fi with AT amp T and my dad's laptop and tablet connect fine We have tried restarting the HPtaking the battery out uninstalling the wi-fi network adapter restarting and letting it reinstallforgetting the networkmanually adding the network back Can't connect with wifi or ethernet-can see networks in and nothing worked So I took the laptop back to my house and connected it directly into my router via Ethernet cable but to my surprise it showed connected but no internet connection I ran the troubleshooter and it Can't connect with wifi or ethernet-can see networks said that quot Ethernet quot doesn't have a valid IP config I restarted the laptop with the ethernet plugged in but it came back up with limited connectivity and the same error message I tried connecting to my wifi at my house and again it sees the various networks but will not connect I get a message when I hit the connect button that it is Checking network requirements but then after about - seconds it says Can't connect to this network All of the other laptops pc's tablets and phones are connecting just fine I used to work on a help desk about years ago but the only Windows experience I have is with their laptop so I am a complete idiot when comes to Windows and I'm very rusty when it comes to everything else so please be gentle I have gone thru the forums looking for the same issue and have found several similar either without a solution or the solution has not worked for me If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it Thanks- Sandi

A:Can't connect with wifi or ethernet-can see networks

-are all of the drivers for the adapter up to date?
-have you tried doing a full master reset on the router?

If your fathers internet is fine but the mothers is not it has to be with the adapter somehow. I have had adapters in the past that randomly start to quirk up and then randomly start working fine before it can be strange I know. How old is this adapter anyway? Most adapters ( with heavy use of course ) only lasts around six months to a year, with moderate use they generally do good for about up to about five years.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/49356-cant-connect-wifi-ethernet-can-see-networks.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello, I've been trying to connect my internet to the WIFI, but it keeps saying that I need to connect it to the Ethernet. My wifi button is orange, and even if i press it to airplane mode and back, it still is orange and not white. I tried to restart my computer a few times and it still won't connect saying there isn't any WIFI available. I'm using my sister's laptop and obviously the internet is working overall but just not my laptop. When I am at home in Madison, I use my laptop with ethernet, but when i'm at my parents house, i use the wifi and it usually works fine and connect right away but its not working right now.

A:Wifi not working, wants to connect to ethernet

Hello @NemoVang, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I came across your post about the WiFi issue, and wanted to help!  I understand that usually the notebook will connect, but not currently. To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:HP Customer Support - Products First, try reviewing the following steps, offered by community member @Great-Deku-Tree: First, we have a step by step guide to walk you through the troubleshooting process here: Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection A second option, is to try these steps:Powercycle the network:1. Shut down your notebook.2. Unplug the power to your router.3. Unplug the power to your modem.4. Wait at least 45 seconds.5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the dropdown in the upper-right corner of the document. Source: Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-not-working-wants-to-connect-to-ethernet/td-p/5666395
Relevancy 68.8%

This is a recent problem. My computer doesn't want to connect to the internet via ethernet, however it will connect via wireless to the same network. Other computers on this network connect to the internet just fine. Any help on this is sincerely appreciated.

A:Internet doesn't connect via Ethernet but does connect wireless Win7

Other computers on this network connect to the internet just fine. Click to expand...

Connected by etherent ?
Have you also tried the same cable and port with a different PC

It maybe a security suite blocking - do you have Norton , McAfee etc

post a ipconfig /all and ping tests when connected by ethernet cable only
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-doesnt-connect-via-ethernet-but-does-connect-wireless-win7.972841/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey guys I while to WIFI being able Can't to ethernet connect connect to m new to this forum and wasn t sure where to post this question but I decided to put it here as it seems to be where most people have had internet queries I m a bit perplexed at the moment For the last few days I ve been trying to somehow fix my internet problem I scoured other forums for similar questions and tried all the things they ve said and still had no luck so I ve run out of options and decided to Can't connect to ethernet while being able to connect to WIFI set up this Can't connect to ethernet while being able to connect to WIFI account and ask myself I have a virgin media super hub Recently the ethernet cable wouldn t connect I tried other ethernet cables to see if it was due to me breaking it and no luck Not sure if it s a coincidence or not but at the same time I also wasn t able to connect to the ghz supplied by the router So I m left with ghz wireless at the moment My friend also can t connect to the ghz on the router so it might be something to do with the router rather than my laptop but I m not sure what would have caused it in the last few days it s a new router hub too only about a month old I think generally you re supposed to post your ipconfig Which I ll post if asked I ve tried flushing the DNS ipconfig renew release etc So i m really stuck for ideas nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello all I changed my router access password and wireless WPA Pre-Shared key today by logging in at After that I realized that my wireless would still connect but it wouldn t load up webpages quickly or at all for that matter I tried to troubleshoot just based on the things I know to do e g flushdns winsock fix release renew wireless adapter properties changing the preferred and alternate DNS servers etc When I still was able to connect to wireless I ran troubleshooter It came back that it was properly configured by the DNS server was not responding I m writing this connect won't with Ethernet connect Wifi Can post with my ethernet Can connect with Ethernet Wifi won't connect cable in my computer because wireless won t even connect anymore It says RCA on the physical router but when Can connect with Ethernet Wifi won't connect I login it says quot Thomson quot Can someone help Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA NBWAA Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Every time I connect to my ethernet, windows 7 will NOT disable the wifi. Is it a driver issue or what?

A:Disable Wifi when connect via ethernet in windows 7

I don't think it's a driver issue, but just how windows works. Every laptop I've had does that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/216336-disable-wifi-when-connect-via-ethernet-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Does not connect or see any networks

A:My new hp envy does not connect to wifi or via ethernet cabl...

Hi, What is your Hp envy model 3165NGW ?  Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-new-hp-envy-does-not-connect-to-wifi-or-via-ethernet/td-p/5798196
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi So I decided to reformat my Toshiba laptop today I download the Windows Home Premiumm via wifi // Can't or ethernet Reformatted to connect Windows x bit ISO file from here I didn't upgrade just a reformat as the laptop was getting clouded in rubbish Download Official Windows SP ISO bit bit Reformatted Windows // Can't connect to wifi or via ethernet from Microsoft Booted from USB installation went went as expected After completion I can't find any networks it doesn't find any Wifi networks and even when I connect Ethernet cable from the router it doesn't detect it at all Now before reformatting both wifi and ethernet worked without problems and right now both wifi and that ethernet work with my desktop Because Reformatted Windows // Can't connect to wifi or via ethernet of that I can only guess it might be drivers missing so laptop can't find the networks But I am bit lost in which are missing if that is the problem at all The laptops name is Toshiba Sattelite Here is the screen from the network panel Any help possible Thanks in advance and Kind Regards

A:Reformatted Windows // Can't connect to wifi or via ethernet

Look in Change Adapter Settings, is your wifi adapter listed and enabled? If you see it and is enabled, try the troubleshooter...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/352763-reformatted-windows-cant-connect-wifi-via-ethernet.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Something strange happened This morning at my Dell laptop quot Wi-Fi quot changed from quot Wi-Fi quot to quot Wi-Fi quot and my Ethernet is now quot Ethernet quot Now I cannot connect to the Internet through Ethernet which is my only option where I am which is at home and the Wi-Fi networks that used to show up on the list because I am within range don t show up anymore I cannot even turn Wi Fi on since it is grayed out under quot Networks quot Specifically it now says quot Dell Wireless b g n GHZ quot on the Device Manager I tried to delete the from quot Wi-Fi quot on the Network Connections page but Laptop or connect Internet to ethernet Wifi with won't it says quot cannot rename this connection A connection with the name you specified already exists quot So the original Wi-Fi Laptop won't connect to Internet with ethernet or Wifi and Ethernet are still there somewhere but where Why did they disappear How can I get them back Here is some system information Windows edition Processor Intel Core i - U GHz GHz -bit operating system I restored my system to March but that didn t work Any help would be Laptop won't connect to Internet with ethernet or Wifi greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

So here I am sitting on my desktop Vista machine Acer Aspire M model being able to connect to my D-Link wifi router by ONLY using a Belkin wifi dongle I Connect dongle Only cable Can using ethernet WiFi & not via cannot get my machine to connect with an ethernet cable I have tried several different cable but still no joy When I go Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable to 'Network amp Sharing' centre in Vista I can see the Belkin Wifi connection which is obviously how I am being able to connect and type this but the wired connection just constantly says 'Unidentified' - Local Access Only Just to add some more info - I also went to the Command Prompt and typed in ipconfig renew and Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable after a few seconds got the follwing reply 'An error occurred while renewing interface Wired Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request timed out An error occured while releasing interface Loopback Pseudo-Interface The system cannot find the file specified Ethernet adaptor Wired Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link Local IPv Address f e ec b bd e Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default gateway fe ea c cff e Can anyone help me out here

A:Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable

....anybody?!?! Over 100 views and nobody has any idea on a possible fix?!

I also noticed a post further down which has had over 10,000 views and only 7 reponses...not holding out much hope....!!!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/298275-can-only-connect-using-wifi-dongle-not-via-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 68.37%

how to get these drivers? on windows developer preview i can get on the internet but when i load win 7 it just doesn't have the drivers? help?

A:Win 7 wont connect to Ethernet or detect wifi

Log onto W7 and screenshot device manager (showing missing drivers), and also network connection section.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188339-win-7-wont-connect-ethernet-detect-wifi.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello everyone I am having an issue I attempted installed zonealarm free a few days ago when I woke up I saw that it said the installation failed Yet still I saw zonealarm listed as a new program that was installed I also can unable to connect to the internet I changed the settings of zonealarm from high to medium but still no internet I uninstalled zonealarm and even used the clean exe zonealarm tool no internet I manually went ahead and removed via or connect ethernet wifi to internet to Unable as many zone Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet alarm components as possible but still no internet I have done various elevated command prompts net sh etc However for the reset one it always says reset failed Ip and Ip in a not connected state and all wifi networks say limited as well as Ethernet connections I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers Also I have no system restore points available When the issue Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet was first present my last restore point was Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet Office preview which I had installed two hours or so before zonealarm Zonealarm never had a restore point Since trying to troubleshoot this issue all my restore points have been erased I am going insane Can you guys please help me to figure out how to fix this Thanks in advance for your help Laptop Sony Vaio Flip OS Windows Professional Wireless Card Intel Wireless N

A:Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet

System Restore to before you installed Zonealarm.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/66161-unable-connect-internet-via-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I m having issues with or no ethernet using but can LAN connectivity via connect WiFi Limited my modem Anyways the problem started when I purchased a Linksys Wrt G Limited or no connectivity using LAN ethernet but can connect via WiFi router I was connecting to the internet using LAN ethernet okay I tried setting up a wifi connection in my home Limited or no connectivity using LAN ethernet but can connect via WiFi using the linksys wrt g router Everything was working fine until after two days when I suddenly can t connect to the internet on my linksys I tried to directly connect my modem through the ethernet to check if the problem was with my ISP LAN says limited or no connectivity I tried plugging the modem through my laptop I found out that my laptop can connect to the internet using ethernet so the problem was not with my ISP I had to reset my linksys router and set it up all over again Wifi connection was okay again After three days I can t get any connection again I tried directly connecting the modem again to my laptop to check but my laptop says limited or no connectivity I tried connecting directly to the ethernet on my PC it says limited or no connectivity again I tried resetting the Linksys router again and set up my connection again hoping against hope and miraculously I was able to connect Now there seems to be a problem with my LAN connections both on my PC and laptop and it seems that only my linksys router can communicate with my modem everytime I had to do a reset I tried reseting tcp stack etc But my LAN connection is still limited or no connectivity Any help would be appreciated BTW my modem is a motorola surfboard modem nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

I tired to allow my windows 7 laptop to print over the network, and after 3 hours gave up as nothing seemed to work. I must have done something because now i can not connect to WI FI at all or Ethernet.

It says on the system tray Not connected and below that connections available, and under wireless network connection it says it is connected to my wireless connection but i can not connect.

Please any help would be good, i have no Home group with, not sure if this is something i did, it's all a blur to me.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

A:Cannot not connect to WIFI or ethernet after trying to config network.

Have you tried plugging in an ethernet cable to your router directly to see if you connect?
Have you factory reset or power cycled your modem?
What configs did you change if any? Do you remember?

On my laptops...if it shows connections available but unable to connect resetting the modem usually fixes it up

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/250099-cannot-not-connect-wifi-ethernet-after-trying-config-network.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi folks Unable my connection to with Wifi Ethernet or through connect internet the machine is Samsung NP e a installed with windows bit Unable to connect with my internet connection by any means wifi or ethernet One of the senior member of this forum sent Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet me a link of Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet drivers I uploaded all the drivers again and again The Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet laptop has no error message in Control Panels except the D video adaptor which I think isn t related Here is the detail of Network Adaptors installed Bluetooth device personal area network Bluetooth device TDI protocol RFCOMM Realtek PCI GBE family controller Intel Centrino Wireless N Microsoft Virtual minport adaptor Microsoft Virtual minport adaptor I tried to connect via ethernet but it doesn t detect the cable I checked the same cable and router with other computer and its working Wifi networks are available tried to connect my network it asks for password and then gives the message window Windows could not connect to my network The wifi network is working with three other devices One more strange thing bluetooth is also not working although its drivers are showing no error but that I doesn t require at the moment Please help

A:Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet

again i will tell you to do the same thing i tell others in same situation. In addition to the driver downloads; try power cycling the modem and router. Unplug the power to both the modem and router and wait about a minute or so; then plug the modem back in first and let that fully boot; then plug the router back in and let that fully boot. Post back if that does not solve the issue; or mark this thread solved if it has.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/327564-unable-connect-my-internet-connection-through-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have recently bought a router, the Fritz.Box Home Server 1&1 VDSL. I have set it up via wifi and can connect to the internet without a problem.
However, I would like to connect my PC to the router via LAN.
When I put the LAN cable into my PC and the router, both my PC and my router react and tell me there is a connection but they do not recognize each other. The router says there is something in LAN1 and the PC says there is a LAN cable without a connection. I cannot access the router via LAN, only via wifi.
My PC uses the Killer Network 2200e driver, I tried removing it and then manually adding it again, it did not work. My IPv4 settings seem fine, too, I have no idea what to do now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/ethernet-wont-connect-to-router-wifi-works-fine-1103938.html
Relevancy 67.94%

So this might be pretty long but this is all that has wifi drivers/internet/ethernet port connect No to to happened so far So my laptop which is a HP DM it was fine nd No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi everything but it would shut itself off but i had it plugged in and everything then when i went to turn it bck on it said to put a recovery disc No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi so i went on my mom's laptop nd downloaded that nd burned it and used it It reinstalled Windows but when it would No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi boot up it would look like Windows but the log on screen nd home screen would look like Windows XP so i been downloading drivers since i dnt have most the stuff i need nd i got Areo nd it looks like Windows again but the clock nd those icons still look like XP like it shows a computer instead of wifi bars So problem is now that my internet button doesnt work for wifi nd there is no networks to connect too nd some drivers are missing which ive tried so many things nd not getting anywhere Idk what i did though but out of the times i was trying to download windows i finally got windows home premium up but it was all black nd said it was an ungenuine copy nd was on a temporary account nd everything would get deleted after logging off After i shut dwn it made me reinstall windows nd now ive tried to get bck to the black screen one but it just goes ito the XP looking one

A:No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. No idea where you Downloaded Windows from .. But it looks like a corrupt Install .. Your should start again .. Read the Link below and follow the Instructions step by step .. Every thing is in the Link you need to get the perfect Install including the Link for the Download ISO for Windows .. If you Post the exact Model Number of your Laptop ... I will find any Drivers that are missing after the Re-install .. Windows should find most of them if you run the Updates ..
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335432-no-drivers-internet-ethernet-port-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a slightly different setup so I'm hoping somebody might have some suggestions on what I can try.

I have Comcast Xfinity Internet and a Motorola SB6121 model - have all worked great for years no problems.

I have the modem in my garage with a wifi router and a router for various rooms in my house. My home computer is in an office and previously I had a wired connection that worked great.

I changed wifi router to a new Netgear and the internet connection from the modem is working, the wifi is working, but my home computers ethernet connection will no longer connect...

Any thoughts on what to try other than powering off and on model / routers / computer which I have tried?

Mike

A:Changed wifi router, now ethernet doesnt connect - Win 8.1

You can only have one router on your network. For extending coverage, you use Access Points

As for the Ethernet problem, go back and double check your connections to the router.

If you cascaded routers in what are called "Edge Routers". Changing your first router, without any changes on the others can be why you only have a connection to one router and not out to the Internet.

It is really easier to show someone what they did wrong, then explain on a forum.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70367-changed-wifi-router-now-ethernet-doesnt-connect-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi everyone
I have an Acer aspire one netbook, model D255 which operates on Windows 7.
Having trouble connecting to wifi connections. It worked fine initially, I tried turning the wifi switch on and off, it tells me that there are no wifi connections available, however everyone else Is able to connect via Wifi on their computers and myself without a problem on other devices.
On troubleshooting it's says - that an Ethernet cable is broken or not plugged in
properly, and is unable to fix the problem, as obviously I am not connected via any cable.
I looked in network and it says that the Ethernet cable is unplugged and does not show any available networks.
Urgent help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Relevancy 67.94%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 67.94%

Windows user with my card will wifi connect ethernet no longer connected; recommended Windows updates up wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect to date except as removed by system restore mentioned below Samsung NP P C laptop Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller A couple of weeks ago I noticed that I no longer had a wired connection on my laptop only the wifi For ages I've run with both connected wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect it prioritized the wire and I never had a problem but the wired connection dropped out and will not come back to life even if I disconnect from the wifi I spent a lot of time over the past few days doing online research didn't want to get too aggressive but here is what I have tried Give the ethernet card's MAC address a static IP on the gateway Actiontec router provided by Verizon Attempt to configure the IPv properties on the ethernet card to use the right default gateway and mask these have gone south as you'll see in my ipconfig dump below ipconfig release and renew - renew never completed New cable that was my first try New driver Fell back to old driver System Restore back to the beginning of the month The router is also new Verizon sent me a new one which I installed at the beginning of this week No improvement I have to admit that I didn't dig deep into these settings while using the old router because it was also dropping wifi a couple of times a day and so I thought it was just failing At first it would not recognize the cable but then I read somewhere to adjust the speed and duplex from Auto detect to just anything else in the list to see if one worked and when I chose gbps and full duplex the adapter woke up and I could see the light on the router come on for the connected port However it doesn't recognize the network how disloyal it's been using it for years I can now also see the computer listed on the router's page of network connections However the computer thinks this is an unknown public network with no connectivity Here is my ipconfig dump I made some notes in red and the bolded items strike me as WRONG Windows IP Configuration Host Name CarolineSamsung Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain actdsltmp Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection do not know what this is Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection I have a bluetooth device I sometimes use maybe this is that Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet HERE IS MY PROBLEM CHILD Connection-specific DNS Suffix should be something here yes Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -B -C - - C-AA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f a e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- -A -C -C - - -E -C -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi working rock solid so far Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain actdsltmp Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc c f e c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday June PM Lease Expires Thursday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- -A -C -C - - -E -C -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C BEA-B B- -AF - D B C FE don't know what these tunnel things are Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adap... Read more

A:wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect

Most likely you screwed something up either on the IP for the Ethernet card on your computer, or did it on your Gateway. Check out ezlan.net for further info how to do what you want to do.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67805-wifi-connected-ethernet-card-will-no-longer-connect.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have recently bought a router, the Fritz.Box Home Server 1&1 VDSL. I have set it up via wifi and can connect to the internet without a problem.
However, I would like to connect my PC to the router via LAN.
When I put the LAN cable into my PC and the router, both my PC and my router react and tell me there is a connection but they do not recognize each other. The router says there is something in LAN1 and the PC says there is a LAN cable without a connection. I cannot access the router via LAN, only via wifi.
My PC uses the Killer Network 2200e driver, I tried removing it and then manually adding it again, it did not work. My IPv4 settings seem fine, too, I have no idea what to do now.

A:Ethernet won't connect to router, wifi works fine

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/ethernet-wont-connect-to-router-wifi-works-fine-1103938.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I am a new member and have never ever posted before on any forum but am totally confused and lost here I know some about computers 2 directly Connect Help!! laptop wifi w/1 laptops w/ethernet and had both my laptops Help!! Connect 2 laptops directly w/ethernet w/1 laptop wifi connected for whole day before I made the mistake and turned them off at the end of the day now can t remember Help!! Connect 2 laptops directly w/ethernet w/1 laptop wifi how to get it to work again please how do I connect them directly together with a ethernet cable so that I am able to connect to the internet from both One is Windows Media xp and is built in wireless my other one is also xp but doesn t have built in wifi and I broke my netgear adapter so unable to connect We run off the internet wifi offered free from where we live so how do I solve this issue p s no modem or router available to use and I am homebound disabled can someone walk me through the steps of creating a network for home and whatever else I need to do to fix this Thanks nbsp

A:Help!! Connect 2 laptops directly w/ethernet w/1 laptop wifi

After connecting them together by ethernet enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) on the wireless connection that has internet access. You can probably also bridge the wireless and ethernet connections, but to say that I'm making the assumption that you are not restricted to only one IP address on your free Wi-Fi. I haven't given any more details, since I assume this will jog your memory of which you did yesterday.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-connect-2-laptops-directly-w-ethernet-w-1-laptop-wifi.964336/
Relevancy 67.94%

It started when my roommate could not connect her PS to the wireless network She went in and changed some of the numbers for our network and dabbled around with the IPs and such Afterwards she still could not connect the PS to the network and gave up she tells me changed it all back Other devices still connected just fine Three days later she tried again and one of our friends messed around with it and from what I was told had hit the reset button After that nothing connected and there was no wireless signal However we can still connect to the internet with an ethernet cable thats connected to the router but we are getting nothing as far as a wireless goes I tired unplugging everything and plugging it back in a certain sequence modem then router Ran the setup disc again to see if the software went wonky and just needed to be reinstalled It runs me through the setup but when it asks for the SSID and password it goes through the connection process then stops and asks me for signal) ethernet through wireless(no Can connect through cannot but wireless connect the SSID again Then it asks if everything is plugged in right so I checked to make sure there was nothing wrong with the wires everything looks cherry It then tries to connect again and just Can connect through ethernet but cannot connect through wireless(no wireless signal) takes me to a setup help hotline and tells me that it just wont connect to the wireless I tired to look up the IP address through Google search and I get one number I pinged it and got another diffrent number Neither of those when put into the Address bar will take me to a working site The router Can connect through ethernet but cannot connect through wireless(no wireless signal) is a Belkin N Model F K nbsp

A:Can connect through ethernet but cannot connect through wireless(no wireless signal)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-through-ethernet-but-cannot-connect-through-wireless-no-wireless-signal.1113489/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi everyone Been having this issue for months now and while I have a band-aid solution it doesn t or connect Cannot (automatically using Solved: Ethernet with WiFi obtain...) IPv4 work all the time I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X with Windows The wireless adapter is Lenovo b g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapter III The ethernet is Intel R LM Gigabit Network Connection and I also have an Android tethering thing set up PDANet Broadband Adapter The issue is this I ve been able to connect to WiFi with no problem for a while and then all of a sudden I keep on getting quot Limited Availability quot and Solved: Cannot connect with WiFi or Ethernet using IPv4 (automatically obtain...) can no longer get internet I had an IT friend look at my computer and he said that for some reason I can no longer Solved: Cannot connect with WiFi or Ethernet using IPv4 (automatically obtain...) obtain IP address automatically This applies to BOTH Wifi and Ethernet cable both at home and at any other router I log into friend s house coffee shopts etc Sometimes it works if I can guess the IP range of the router like the standard xxx but sometimes even with the right IP address manually input I still have limited connectivity with both WiFi and ethernet For some strange reason my PDA Net tethering works Other than just reinstalling my Windows again is there any other way I can get this to start obtaining IP addresses automatically again Oh also when I tried using quot netsh int ip reset reset log quot and quot netsh winsock reset catalog quot I get error messages like quot The requested operation requires elevation lt Run as administrator gt Resetting Interface failed quot Even though when I check my user profile I m set as an administrator Here is some information about my IP stuff Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description b g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapt er III Physical Address - - - - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description PdaNet Broadband Adapter Physical Address - - -BD- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R LM Gigabit Network Connecti on Physical Address - F- - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Bernie gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users gt ping Pinging with bytes of data PING transmit failed General failure PING transmit failed General failure PING transmit failed General failure PING transmit failed General failure Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Users Bernie gt netsh int ip reset reset log Reseting Global failed The requested operation requires elevation Run as administrator Reseting Interface failed The requested operation requires elevation Run as administrator Reseting Unicast Address failed The requested operation requires elevation Run as administrator Reseting Route failed The requested operation requires elevation Run as administrator There s no user specified settings to be reset nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot connect with WiFi or Ethernet using IPv4 (automatically obtain...)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-with-wifi-or-ethernet-using-ipv4-automatically-obtain.988235/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have been having a problem the Sony internet won't ethernet) or to (wifi Laptop connect Vaio for a few weeks now and nothing I ve done or come across seems to solve the issue Basically when I try and connect to my wifi netgear router I get a very strong signal but local only access amp an unidentified network I have my desktop amp more laptops running off this router so it can t be that After failing to connect to wifi I tried to use an ethernet connection to try and update my drivers in hope that would fix the wifi problem After plugging the ethernet Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) in I was in exactly the same position I kept getting Identifying appear in network connections which then turned to unidentified and wouldn t allow me to connect to Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) the internet either The laptop is about - years old I think so I did update the drivers but that didn t do anything either any help would be appreciated Thanks Forgot to Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) mention my os is vista nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a wireless modem and my connection was fine until I attempted to wirelessly connect my printer After that I can see my wireless connect connection with I connect, i can wireless my can ethernet but cannot see connection but every time I attempt to connect I get I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet this simple message saying cannot connect to this network I have reentered my network code but that didn t work Kinda new to this I can normally just play around until I get things straight but I ve been at this about days to no avail HELP Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Tyranny gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet Local I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ms comcast net Link-local IPv Address fe ad b db d IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ms comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ms comcast net Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e fb cd df Link-local IPv Address fe fb cd df Default Gateway C Users Tyranny gt nbsp

A:I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-can-see-my-wireless-connection-but-i-cannot-connect-can-connect-with-ethernet.1074661/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have just moved in to a basement apartment and can connect to via Cannot wireless via Solved: ethernet connect can but connect the internet with my wireless but not with the ethernet cord ran downstairs for me The other computers upstairs work fine on ethernet through the same router I do not understand what the problem could be here are my configs Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name Doug-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Solved: Cannot connect via ethernet but can connect via wireless Belkin Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - E- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Solved: Cannot connect via ethernet but can connect via wireless Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local Solved: Cannot connect via ethernet but can connect via wireless IPv Address fe d f a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January- - PM Lease Expires February- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - D- -DF- B- E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Generic Marvell Yukon E based Ether net Controller Physical Address - D- -DF- B- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - D- -DF- B- E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E D C- D A- - -A D br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot connect via ethernet but can connect via wireless

Could be a defective cable or NIC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-via-ethernet-but-can-connect-via-wireless.1034028/
Relevancy 66.65%

This is the idea, I have DVR for CCTV and I need to configure it for port forwarding, and since it has only LAN connection it is not possible to connect in pocket wifi, so i used to have a wireless router since it has a LAN connection. But I do not know how to do this connection as the wireless router to be a bridge in my pocket wifi to DVR, Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

A:How to connect pocket wifi to wireless router, to connect the dvr for cctv?

I'm not at all sure I understand. Are you trying to use the wireless router as a Wireless Bridge (to connect to the pocket wifi via wireless and the DVR via ethernet)? If so, does the router have wireless bridge (or AP Client) mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-pocket-wifi-to-wireless-router-to-connect-the-dvr-for-cctv.1140640/
Relevancy 66.22%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 66.22%

1.  Cleaned up virus/malware with MalwareBytes
2.  Rescan came up clean with MalwareBytes and AVG
3.  After cleanup, IE browser could not access google.com & yahoo.com, but could access any other website attempted
4.  Chrome browser had no issues with google.com & yahoo.com
5.  Host file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc) was clean
6.  Ran combofix
7.  IE issue was resolved, IE could now access google.com & yahoo.com
8.  Rebooted
9.  Now, PC unable to connect via Ethernet or WiFi

Prior to reboot, even with virus, the I had no issues with Ethernet or WiFi.

Latest Combofix log attached.

A:Unable to connect to Ethernet or WiFi after virus cleanup & ComboFix scan

Just wanted to update because problem is resolved.

I ended up restoring from restore point from yesterday and was able to avoid the issue this time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531402/unable-to-connect-to-ethernet-or-wifi-after-virus-cleanup-combofix-scan/
Relevancy 66.22%

Greetings!

I have an internet connection which is distributed through a wireless router. I use my laptop's (which also has a LAN adapter) WiFi to connect to that router. I have a PC too which only has LAN adapter but not the Wireless adapter.

Unfortunately I cannot wire my place as the router is in my housemate's room. I have network cables though to connect my PC and my laptop. Can I access Internet on my PC using connection between my laptop and PC and my laptop being connected to the Internet via WiFi?

I have DHCP enabled on my WiFi laptop. I am not sure what do I need to do and if I need to give static IP's to all the computers?

Thanks,
AJ
PS - I can access the router settings and I can change those settings unless it hampers my other house-mates to use the Internet.

A:Laptop (wifi Internet w/ethernet facility) connect to PC through CAT5 cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wifi-internet-w-ethernet-facility-connect-to-pc-through-cat5-cable.671427/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi. I cannot connect to my wireless internet, however I can connect when using my ethernet cable. I don't usually have problems connecting to wireless and my other roommates are using the wireless without trouble, so I believe it is my computer. Help! Thanks!

A:Can connect with ethernet but not wireless

Here is the support and driver downloads site for the Acer Aspire 4720Z laptop/notebook.

I suggest you add and save this site in your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can readily refer to it when needed.

You may need to reinstall or update the driver for the wireless device.

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-with-ethernet-but-not-wireless.1063626/
Relevancy 65.36%

Im sure this is something really simple but basically with my laptop i can connect to my router wirelessly fine but when connected via an ethernet cable web pages dont load although everything states its connected???
When you attempt to load a page the load bar starts to work in the bottom right hand corner to indicate its loading but doesnt go any further than halfway and never loads?
My security programme is ESET and have attempted disabling the personal firewall in the hope this may help but no joy.
Have tried another laptop connected up via ethernet cable and that laptop worked fine loading pages problem free??
To me this seems odd but could be relatively simple as it states connection, can be prooved to work fine on another laptop so it must be something on my laptop stopping it going any further??
Could anyone please lend some much needed advice pls? would be much appraciated
thanks
Paul

A:Can connect wireless but not via ethernet ?

Try these simple tests using the wired connection only with the wireless disconnected.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-wireless-but-not-via-ethernet.883365/
Relevancy 65.36%

My Operating system crashed yesterday and I had to reinstall it thus deleting everything off of my computer including my configuration for wireless internet I installed the wireless adapter Netgear WG v like I was supposed to I put the most up-to-date drivers for my computer to use the adapter as well as for the adapter to operate It detects signals just fine but when I put in my network s WPA passcode my adapter gets stuck in this loop of quot acquiring network address quot and then dropping it and quot acquiring network address quot again This baffles me because or wireless Can't connect ethernet to the code has worked on other machines Then when I tried to connect my computer via ethernet cable not only would my computer not connect to the internet it s not even showing ethernet connection as an option in my Network Connections I really have no idea what to do at this point Can anyone help me with this nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Dell Studio with Vista and Wifi capability I ve had the computer for a year and a half and I ve never ethernet wirelessly, connect Solved: Wifi working, suddenly but wont stopped works had a major problem with wireless connection before Any problem has been purely because of a low connection strength or because I was in a classroom I m a college student in which multiple people were trying to Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, wont connect wirelessly, but ethernet works connect at once Eventually it always worked I was home for the weekend and connected to my primary wireless connection and all of a sudden I lost connection and could not reconnect I tried restarting and shutting off both the computer and wireless router I tried resetting the wireless router I tried turning on and off the Wifi button on my computer Still cannot connect I plugged in an ethernet cable into my internet directly from the router and it runs fine that is how I am on the internet on my laptop at the moment I will not always have access to an ethernet cable when I go back to school later today and I have a project I need to research so I m kind of in a rush to get this figured out Also it s just so much easier connecting wireless and obviously I d like this fixed Anyway I read up on other people s similar problem and I don t know if I changed something or messed up but now whenever i click to view Wireless Connections the router for my house has a red x next to it and says quot The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network quot Even before it said that I could not connect And it used to have full signal strength It would say it can t connect and I could either view other connections and or try again or diagnose the problem If hit to view others I would try again to no avail If I hit diagnose it would say that there may be a problem with the wireless internet or something like that and then there would be three options two of them to plug in set up a LAN connection and a third to quot view troubleshooting for low wireless connections quot but I ve tried the last option before and all of those steps even though I know the connection is strength I know a little about computers but not a lot especially with internet connections If you need me to find out any information or post anything else that would help let me know Any help would be greatly appreciated I really need this fixed ASAP so please let me know Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, wont connect wirelessly, but ethernet works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-suddenly-stopped-working-wont-connect-wirelessly-but-ethernet-works.883599/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi There I recently moved house and got Virgin internet not wireless All Wifi ethernet Intel works and working, PC phones does. other with a new router modem I have an oldish laptop whose wireless has always worked Since setting everything up with the new router the wireless doesn t work When plugging in the ethernet cable everything is fine I know it isn t the router as I have a mac Intel Wifi not working, ethernet does. All other phones and PC wireless works and a bunch of iphones and ipads hooked up I have googled this to death and updated all the drivers of the laptop restarted the wifi card updated everything I could on this laptop and I still can t figure out why the wifi wont connect I hope that you can help Details are below Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU U GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire T Antivirus Sophos Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled Ip Config file Run without the Ethernet cable plugged in Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jo-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address - E- - -DC-EE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address - F- -B - E-FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E E -E D- F E- EE- E AF EBD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F F A- A - FB-ABE - AF E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Intel Wifi not working, ethernet does. All other phones and PC wireless works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-wifi-not-working-ethernet-does-all-other-phones-and-pc-wireless-works.1106926/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,
Can anyone help? I tried deleting and reinstalling the drivers, as well as netsh int ip rest and winsock. As well as making sure the LAN proxy box was unchecked. Nothing seems to work. It just tries and tries to connect with no packets going in.

A:Can't connect to wireless or ethernet after scans

What scans are we talking about?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346519/cant-connect-to-wireless-or-ethernet-after-scans/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi i hope somebody can help, about a month back my internet was running really inconsistent (one minute running fine the next really slow), then the other day it just wouldn't connect, message read : "Internet Explorer cannot Display the WebPage" when i click Diagnose Connection Problems, it says DNS may be down. Also MSN Messanger wont connect either and the errors from the Diagnosis from that were the DNS, and Key Ports. The only way i can connect is via the ethernet cable, any idea what is the problem? Im sure it is some thing very simple but my computer skills are minimul. Thankyou for taking time to read this and hopefully help.

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,
I have a Toshiba Protege r835 running windows7 64bit. And I was using a westell 7500 router for a while. My wireless was working fine but the connecting wasnt so good to I decided to move the router closer to my computer. But when I unpluged it and plugged it back in closer to me, my laptop was no longer able to connect wirelessly to the router.
My cell phone can connect to the wireless just fine. And on my laptop, it shows it on the list of possible wireless networks to connect to. But when I try to connect to it, it take a long time and just ends up not connecting. My wireless in enabled. When I plug the ethernet in, it works fine.
I ran a virus scan, and came up with nothing also.

Any idea how to fix this problem?

A:Laptop cant connect wireless, only ethernet.

Good morning Takaaaa,

The first thing I would try is disabling your wireless and then re-enabling (this will reset the wireless card) - I would then try reconnecting. Does it actually let you connect but unable to use? or does it give you a message whilst trying to connect?

Any detailed information relating to error messages would help.

Regards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/303447-laptop-cant-connect-wireless-only-ethernet.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have hp g60 230us. The hard drive crashed so I installed a new one. Then I installed new vista ultimate 64 bit. I plugged into desktop's netgear router with ethernet and still wont connect to internet. When I go start/run/regedit in local services there is no wireless listing on bottom to enable. When I try to connect it says there is problem with Realtek Nic and only shows Broadband ppoev, something. T hought maybe I need drivers from hp to make everything work again but having trouble. Downloaded network to file then burned to dvd r on other laptop. Not sure how to load onto laptop in question (hpg60 230us). Also tried command prompt/ ipconfig. Nothing works and my son needs this for school please somebody help!!!

A:can't connect to internet via ethernet or wireless

lets see a device manager screen shot
when you installed vista - you also need to install all the drivers - chipset, audio, video, network etc
which as you say download from the HP website and then save on CD and copy across the the PC and install using the setup file or by double clicking on the file downloaded

Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-or-wireless.1020044/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello. I was recently incorrectly advised to reset my netgear modem/router combination after an outage in the area and since then have not been able to connect to the internet via wireless. I am, though, able to connect with an ethernet connection. I have tried to refresh the DNS, turn the router on and off, reboot my computer but nothing seems to be working. Please help!

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I m not Works Connect Won't Ethernet Wireless sure if this is in the right place but here goes Yesterday the wireless was going slow so I Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect accessed the router and changed the WPA Pre-Shared Key to something more complex and difficult to guess After that it would still connect to wireless but it wouldn t load pages quickly or at all Then it stopped connecting to my wireless network altogether I m writing this post with my Ethernet cable plugged in and it works perfectly fine I ran Windows troubleshooter while still able to connect to wireless Results were that the problem had something to do with Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect the DNS Server Since then I ve tried winsock fix flushdns ipconfig in cmd resetting the wireless WPA Pre-Shared Key back to the original changing the Preferred and Alternate DNS servers powering off my Thomson router I ve tried to cmd - ipconfig release renew but it says the media is disconnected and it can t perform that operation Any help would be great -Scott nbsp

A:Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect

How far is the computer from the router? Are there any walls,floors it has to go thru?
Personally, I'd stick with the ethernet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-works-wireless-wont-connect.193718/
Relevancy 64.5%

A couple of months ago my battery in my laptop stopped holding a charge. Ever since then I've had a lot of problems. The first was the USB drive would not recognize my mouse and the red light on the mouse would not even come on. Now I have 20 different yellow triangles on all of my drivers in driver manager and I can troubleshoot and fix all of them except for RRnetcap miniport 8. And even if I troubleshoot ill just have the same problem when I turn it off and on again. I have a new PSU in the laptop so that can't be the problem. I'm connected to my wireless network but it says no Internet acess. Please help! I'm posting this from my iPhone.

Relevancy 64.5%

My brother has called me for help Sadly I m the closest thing my family has to a computer tech - which ain t much Anyway let me start by saying that I won t be able to get to his house and give you his specs until tomorrow Still was hoping this might be an easy fix for some of you computer geniuses on this forum He has had repeated problems with his Internet on his laptop being slow and or okay; connect to dsl ethernet can't wireless Solved: not connecting He has dsl from a small rural phone company - no other options in his area His provider finally set him up with a static IP address and that helped for about six months Then he started having problems again a couple of weeks ago I went out and decided his wireless network adapter because it wouldn t work on my network either and when I plugged in a borrowed nic it worked fine So I set it up at his house configuring it to his wep wireless network Unfortunately while I was out of town the last few days he s his network began slowing down again still using the borrowed network adapter So he tried to Solved: wireless okay; can't connect ethernet to dsl connect directly into the dsl through the ethernet cord which he was able to do just fine Solved: wireless okay; can't connect ethernet to dsl before I switched the network adapters IT WOULDN T CONNECT I verified that he just unplugged the ethernet cord from the back of the router and plugged it into his laptop So the cord and the dsl modem are both working fine Therefore I m wondering if when I set up the wep on the borrowed nic if I might have disabled something I ve never seen a situation where a computer doesn t automatically recognize a lan connection from a direct ethernet cord Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi When I connect to my wireless the message quot acquiring network address ethernet connect and wireless internet the to by cannot both quot appears in taskbar However when I connect via the Ethernet the message quot limited or no connectivity quot quot you might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources This problem occurred because the cannot connect to the internet by both wireless and ethernet network did not assign a network address to the computer quot What I tried Disconnect the wire and wireless Turn off the DSL which is Linksys Reinstall the network adapter driver Renew the ip from the cmd but the message quot An error occurred while renewing interface local area connection An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket quot appear Using quot netsh winsock reset quot for cmd but message quot The following helper DLL cannot be loaded IFMON DLL The following command was not found winsock reset quot appear Edit the Winstock from the registry by using winsockfix and LSFix But none of these solutions worked and I cannot enable windows firewall that s why I thought it might be a malware or something Sorry I forgot to say I have Windows XP Professional version with Service Pack Thanks mly

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/221749/cannot-connect-to-the-internet-by-both-wireless-and-ethernet/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,
I had a hard drive that failed about a year ago, internet was working fine then. I have been running on an external hard drive since then & the internet is working without a problem, about a week ago I ran the chkdsk on the original hard drive and was able to access it once again. My problem now is that I can no longer access the internet it wont connect. It states that the media state is disconnected & when I do manage to get it connected it stays on acquiring network address. Any help to helping me solve this problem is appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346745/wireless-ethernet-networks-will-not-connect/
Relevancy 64.5%

System Info Gateway laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium SP Intel Wireless WiFi Link AGN Belkin N Please or Ethernet - Cannot Solved: via HELP! Wireless Connect router On after downloading an update for Norton Internet Security I received the following error message Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system As an administrator user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the Solved: Cannot Connect via Wireless or Ethernet - Please HELP! service didn t respond In order to get rid of this error message I performed a system restore back to prior to the Norton update I have tried the following with no success I restarted both router and modem checked settings on wireless adapter both router and adapter set up to as WPA -AES It keeps on stating it s connected to my network with Unidentified Network in front of my network name but I can t connect to IE or Firefox I also cannot connect via Ethernet when turning off the wireless button states Unidentified Network Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks John nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I have a Win Home Edition bit o s on a ethernet... I to the via cannot connect wireless internet and Help! Toshiba Satellite and cannot Help! I cannot connect to the internet via wireless and ethernet... connect to the internet via wireless or ethernet I have flushed the DNS renewed it and tried nearly every trick in the book to pick up the ip from my router which has several devices connected and are able to connect without a problem but not this laptop It was able to connect a couple of weeks ago at a friends via wireless though I am stumped I ran a not up to date virus data from Avast through system and it picked up a lot of adware and malware all under quarantine now but it would not run the malwarebytes because I cannot update the data I even tried the cameleon version no go because I am not connected I have a netgear router I prefer not to fuss with that as all my other devices are able to connect but this laptop The router has given it an ip type address with a subnet mask of Much appreciated of the help with this matter Thanking anyone now if they can have the time to help me Best Regards DA

A:Help! I cannot connect to the internet via wireless and ethernet...

G'day DarkAngel5, and Welcome to BC Try re enabling your connection  with this :Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.Now check if the internet is working again.OR.....If you are using Windows 7..Download  Click Methen...Right click on winsockfix.bat    and then click on Run As Administrator

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584683/help-i-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-via-wireless-and-ethernet/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello

I have a dell inspiron 6400, and yesterday it suddenly was unable to connect to my wireless network. It has been randomly disconnecting from the network for a few weeks now, but I have just restarted my PC and it reconnects.

I can now only connect to my network via an ethernet cable.

Do I need to replace my network adapter? Do I need a new laptop? Is there a way I can fix it manually?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

A:Can't connect to a wireless network without an ethernet cable

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-connect-to-a-wireless-network-without-an-ethernet-cable-663997.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a cable modem that I can connect to successfully when using an ethernet cable from my wireless router however when I try to connect to the wireless network windows vista says it is unable to connect The wireless network Ethernet Cannot - connect OK connection wireless network is displayed in the list of available networks but the error message appear immediately If I run ipconfig all this is the results C gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kiah-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Cannot connect wireless network - Ethernet connection OK Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - D- - -F -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c b f daea Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday April AM Lease Expires Wednesday April AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - - - - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EC E - - BC - AF- D B br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A C- E - - - FD A br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f f fefd Pre erred Link-local IPv Address fe f f fefd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Let me start out by saying I am totally and completely not a computer geek I don't speek the language of the tekkies Won't Laptop Ethernet, to Wireless Connects Connect to I have an HP laptop and out of the blue it will just not connect to the internet wirelessly It will say connected but no internet access This happens and random times at least once a week and for exactly hours between a m one day to a m the next day I can connect via ethernet cable just fine My Laptop Connects to Ethernet, Won't Connect to Wireless phone and TV can connect wirelessly but not my internet My signal Laptop Connects to Ethernet, Won't Connect to Wireless strength is usually excellent when this happens so it's not that I'm too far away from the router I have tried resetting my router modem multiple times when this has happened to no avail I have factory restored my computer I have deleted my driver and reinstalled it Literally the only thing that has worked thus far is connecting to an ethernet cable I called my ISP and they said my router is fine and nothing is wrong with it Before you ask NO I don't have any monitoring software or any software that prevents the use of internet after a certain time Keep in mind that my computer is totally factory resetored totally clean nothing on it but what it came with Please help

A:Laptop Connects to Ethernet, Won't Connect to Wireless

Go to HP's website and download the latest wireless adapter directly. What does the driver date say on the current wireless driver? With out the actual make and model number of the laptop I cant verify the current driver date from HP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/240604-laptop-connects-ethernet-wont-connect-wireless.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all I m working on a laptop for a client today and have encountered an issue to ethernet Unable to connect wireless or network I haven t seen before Unable to connect to wireless network or ethernet It s an old Toshiba Satellite with XP SP The issue is that it is unable to get a network Unable to connect to wireless network or ethernet connection -- even when an ethernet cable is plugged in the network card still reports quot Network cable is unplugged quot and no wireless networks appear in the wireless networking list with Windows XP managing the wireless networking Occasionally repairing the wireless connection lets me at least see available networks but at that point I still can Unable to connect to wireless network or ethernet only connect to open networks and it never actually gets an IP address I ve run Spybot ComboFix and SDFix with no problems found I ve also used a couple shareware registry checkers and cleaned out some archaic invalid and corrupt entries No change Also confirmed all Toshiba drivers are up to date I ve disassembled and reassembled the laptop to confirm all connections are firm also solving a random shutdown problem caused by dust buildup around the heat sink One problem solved but still no progress on the networking issue I m suspecting a hardware problem due to some other issues random loss of USB periodic loss of trackpad and keyboard use at boot I d like to wipe the hard drive clean and reload everything from the original install media and document backups but the client is not open to that due to installed bootleg programs she d lose due to not having the original discs or license keys Any other ideas

A:Unable to connect to wireless network or ethernet

When someone asks for "help"....but then decides to tailor that request with ideas that impede attempts to determine/resolve "the problem"...I think it's time to punt and give the system back to them.If both the wireless and wired connections are dysfunctional, with no clues...I think it's logical to suspect hardware, especially so in terms of other problems revealed.Some users don't seem to realize...that those systems are warranteed for only a year...because they are not made with the intent of producing a system that will last the lifetime of the user.A clean install is about the only way that I know to truly get a fix on suspected hardware problems that don't involve RAM or hard drive. Especially so with a laptop, if one does not repair/troubleshoot system problems for a living (I don't).I would take a look in Event Viewer, just to ensure that there is nothing there that might help diagnose the situation.How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295242/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network-or-ethernet/
Relevancy 63.64%

Running Windows on Asus K I laptop I recently tried to ethernet or to wireless Unable connect Solved: to manually clean my laptop removing AVG CCleaner and a few other programs and files Bad idea And immediately I cannot connect to the internet via ethernet wired or wireless The laptop has worked for over a year on ethernet and at times I use wireless A separate laptop is connected via wireless so I am confident it is not the modem router or wireless which were all restarted The Windows Network Diagnostics says - There might be a problem with the driver for the Local Area Connection adapter - There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Solved: Unable to connect to ethernet or wireless Network Connection adapter Detail says Windows couldn t automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter Steps taken - Disabled and enabled Atheros Ethernet controller and Atheros Wireless Network Adapter - Reinstalled Atheros Ethernet Controller and Atheros Wireless Network Adapter drivers - Reset the TCP IP Winsock IPv and IPv and restarted - Restarted laptop modem and router many times I noticed you requested this from a different thread so I am adding it Running ipconfig all I get Windows IP Configuration Host Name Richard-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Tunnel adapter isatap eau wi charter com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Please help nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I was on here last night trying to get my laptop to connect to wireless internet. I'm still working on figuring that out with the person I bought the laptop from and I may end up purchasing a wireless card, but now my question is:

Can I connect to the internet right now by using an ethernet network cable plugged into my computer and into the D-link router which my desktop computer already accesses the internet from?

I plugged it in but nothing happened.

Relevancy 63.64%

I was wondering if it is possible to connect my printer (HP 6310xi) to my wireless router. Both have ethernet ports so I will be using my ethernet cable.

I wanted to do this mainly because originally my printer is connected to my desktop and I am using print share, but I'm getting rid of the desktop so the print share will be gone, and I still want to be able to print wirelessly from my laptop.

Thanks.

Relevancy 63.64%

My DELL INSPIRON 531S 64 BITS receives FIOS INTERNET only thru WIRELESS. but, SPEED is very low . The MÓDEM IS working perfectly according to Verizon. Coaxial Cable is inserted unto COMPUTER directly from MODEM but the Computer does not detect it. Please HELP to find a solution to this problem.
Thanks in advance....

A:Solved: Unable to connect thru ethernet, only wireless

What is "BIOS INTERNET"?

Coaxial Cable is inserted but the Computer does not detect it.Click to expand...

Inserted where? Please explain your network more completely.

Please HELP to find a solution to this problem.Click to expand...

Which problem? You mentioned one in the thread title and two in the post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-thru-ethernet-only-wireless.1153201/
Relevancy 63.64%

So I have been unable to use the internet on my labtop for months I have another labtop that works fine and a ipod touch that connects through wireless that works fine I replaced the wireless card itself so I was able to rule that out Please help me getting it working again This is what i get when i run ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Chad gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Chad-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - B- - B-A - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f ad df Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - B- - - -FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D -D D- - C - D C D br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - connect ethernet or wireless cable. to Cant through internet - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F C C - BA- CE- B- BFA br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D E- F C- D -A EC- A A C br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B FB C- B - A -A F -EBC br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F DE-A C- CC -AED -C D F br E D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F DFEB -A - A -A C- br CA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled Cant connect to internet through wireless or ethernet cable. No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BF D - E - E - - br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Alright so I have two Windows computers, my laptop being Vista and my home network computer which is connected directly to the router is XP and then there is a Mac but I don't think it would interfere.
So basically whenever I look at my connection it says it's connected to "Unidentified Network" (Then my router name) and it says the access is local only.
I don't know how this happened, I've been connected to the internet using this computer and router for almost a year now and I've changed nothing.
But maybe you guys could come up with some specific troubleshooting steps?
Oh yeah and neither ethernet or wireless connection is working.
Thanks guys.

Oh yeah and the connection only works if the laptop is in safe mode. ​

A:Laptop Won't Connect to Internet Through Ethernet or Wireless

Base Pc connected by ethrenet, local only, no internet.
Laptop, connected wireless, local only, no internet.
or
Laptop does not connect to internet by ethernet or wireless, but connect local only. Local connection in safe mode only. to

If both computers have no connection it sounds like router is working, but has lost connection to ISP.
Check these.
Is the router DSL light on.?
Can you access the router set up pages to check if it is getting a signal and also see if the setings are still the same. Run any diagnostics that the router may have.
Is this a modem/router with ISP line directly connected or do you have ISP line to modem to router?
If you have ISP line to modem to router, connect a computer directly to the modem and see if you are getting a signal from the ISP.
If no signal from ISP contact them.
Another thing you can try is to power cycle the router. Power off for about 20 seconds then turn back on.

If problem is only with laptop then we need to concentrate on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-through-ethernet-or-wireless.810002/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all,

I am trying to connect a cnc machine to a PC (win 7) with no wires.

The machine has the capability to see files on the PC when hard wired with an Ethernet cable. The machine is given the ip address and folder location (on the PC), and it looks at this folder from which files can be loaded into the machines memory.

I want to get rid of the Ethernet cable as it has to run across the workshop.

Can anyone tell me the best, easiest way to do this??
I figured using a wireless dongle or router in place of the hard wire. Not sure how to set this up?
Given the controller is not a windows pc does this change the way in which it must be set up?? As stated above, the machine can see the windows folder when hardwired.

Please help.

Thanks in Advance,

Charlie.

A:How to connect ethernet port of machine wireless to network

What do you have to start with? By this I mean does the cnc machine have Wi-Fi capability? If not, can you add it? Does the PC have Wi-Fi capability? Do you have a wireless router or wireless access point?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-ethernet-port-of-machine-wireless-to-network.1152152/
Relevancy 63.21%

I am able to connect hard wired to cable modem(ethernet) and at the same time to a wireless cable modem. Both are unique ip's, different cable feeds. Does anyone know if it's possible to take advantage of this to increase my throughput?

Cola, sc TWC-RR z29209

thank you

A:TWC both direct connect(ethernet) and wireless, same time diff ip's

Yes, but you'd need either a supported NIC (they are rare and expensive) or server software such as Windows 2003 Server. Client machines aren't designed for this.

courtney sends...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/twc-both-direct-connect-ethernet-and-wireless-same-time-diff-ips.638979/
Relevancy 63.21%

When I try and access the internet through any of the main browsers (I.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari) they tell me along the lines of 'unable to access the network' and 'this page can't be displayed' after taking a while attempting to load. I also cannot access it through any of my Windows 8 apps. I know it's not an issue with the home broadband itself and is something to do with my laptop as it is running fine both wirelessly and through using an Ethernet cable on all other devices. I would really appreciate some help with trying to fix this asap as I have spent a lot of time researching this issue and trying most things to resolve it without success, I also need to use the internet for loads of coursework over the summer hols and cannot afford to be taking it to a pricey IT technician. Please helppp

A:My laptop cannot connect to the internet, even though wireless and ethernet are working

Take a look at the file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts​there MUST be at least a line reading 127.0.0.1 LOCALHOST
but the question is there anything other than comments in it?
If so, leave the comments and the localhost line and delete everything else.

If you modify the hosts file, then you also need to

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-even-though-wireless-and-ethernet-are-working.195158/
Relevancy 63.21%

My family just gave me their old Mac desktop I wiped it clean and then tried to connect to the internet at my house desktop wireless to internet connect or Solved: Mac will not ethernet and it tells me I have invalid password for the wireless I also tried to connect it directly via ethernet cable that works and it will not connect I want to connect my Mac directly with ethernet All the other computers with internet work in my house so I know its not the internet I will post below my computer specs and internet specs which I got from my other windows PC Please help ive tried manually putting in the ISP and DNS and nothing works I am fairly computer savy but Im not to familiar with networking so please descriptive THANKS Computer Mac OS X Version GHz Intel Core Duo MHz Solved: Mac desktop will not connect to wireless or ethernet internet SDRAM Internet Specs Microsoft Windows Version Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Solved: Mac desktop will not connect to wireless or ethernet internet Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address D - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe eed db a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -FC-D - - - F-DC- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap gateway wire net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

I'm pretty much a novice at doing this networking stuff, so I would be glad if I could get some help. I want to directly wire the router into my computer and bought a ethernet cable. I connected the cable to my router and computer and it doesn't work. Do I need a driver..I have reformatted my computer before and have installed the ethernet card again(or at least I think I did). Anybody have step by step information to get this to work? If so, please do tell. Thanks!

A:Help! How do you connect(with ethernet) a Wireless-B Broadband Adapter to a computer?

Please clarify. So you don't want to use the wireless feature of your router but rather use one on the wired ethernet ports on the router correct? So you've connected an Ethernet cable between one of your routers available ports and the Ethernet card installed in your PC correct?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-how-do-you-connect-with-ethernet-a-wireless-b-broadband-adapter-to-a-computer.18509/
Relevancy 63.21%

i used to be able to access the internet directly via a direct ethernet connection but now my only option appears to be the wireless network connection i don't recall when exactly the local area connection connect works via but not ethernet connection cable can wireless disappeared but the wireless is too slow amp unreliable i really would appreciate any assistance figuring out how to connect to the internet directly again i'm running windows xp home edition version wireless connection works but can not connect via ethernet cable with service pack on a emachine desktop i have a netgear wireless pci adapter for wireless connection works but can not connect via ethernet cable the wireless i tested the cable on another pc so i know the cable amp the ethernet connection work when i plug teh cable into my pc shouldn't a local area connection option appear on my network connections i believe i used to wireless connection works but can not connect via ethernet cable be able to choose between wireless amp local are connection but not all i get is wireless network connection i ran ipconfig all this i what i got C Documents and Settings Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DA -Bloomfield Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List myhome westell com Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description NETGEAR WG g Wireless PCI A dapter Physical Address - - B- - C- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday October AM Lease Expires Thursday October A M any help would be appreciated dB

A:wireless connection works but can not connect via ethernet cable

I have no idea about your level of knowledge but I thought I'd let you know what I would do to investigate the problem....

Right click My Network places from the desktop or go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Communications, Network Connections.

Here you should see you LAN and Wireless Connections. Make sure the LAN connection is not disabled. Right click, properties, select Internet Protocol in the box and set everything to automatic; obtain IP and DNS automatically, assuming you have a DHCP server on the network. The router perhaps? If not then manually enter the IP, subnet mask (probably 255.255.255.0) and the gateway ip. Set the Primary DNS address to the same as the gateway again, assuming the router is configured to get it's DNS address from your ISP. Click Advanced and set Enable NetBIOS over TCIP in the WINS tab.

Also check in Device Manager that your Network Card (NIC) is available, enabled and working.

Once the ethernet cable is attached, you should at least be able to ipconfig and see the LAN connection. If you can try to ping the router:
ping 192.168.1.1
You should get 4 replies if all is well.
Then try to ping an external address:
ping www.google.co.uk
again, you should 4 replies.

I know this is fairly detailed help but that would be a good start to investigate your issue.

Good luck...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-connection-works-but-can-not-connect-via-ethernet-cable-422128.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Greetings,

I have a PC (windows 7) connected to my router (Buffalo AirStation WMBR-HP-GN) via Ethernet cable, while my laptop (Vista) and a 2nd PC (Vista) are using wireless. My Ethernet PC cannot see the laptop or the wireless PC in Network. Both the laptop and wireless PC can see and share with each other. If I use an Ethernet cable for the laptop, I can share with my Ethernet PC.

In short, I can share wireless to wireless, Ethernet to Ethernet, but not Wireless to Ethernet.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Cannot connect to my wireless laptop from my ethernet PC (vice versa)

Quote: Originally Posted by Eastwood001

Greetings,

I have a PC (windows 7) connected to my router (Buffalo AirStation WMBR-HP-GN) via Ethernet cable, while my laptop (Vista) and a 2nd PC (Vista) are using wireless. My Ethernet PC cannot see the laptop or the wireless PC in Network. Both the laptop and wireless PC can see and share with each other. If I use an Ethernet cable for the laptop, I can share with my Ethernet PC.

In short, I can share wireless to wireless, Ethernet to Ethernet, but not Wireless to Ethernet.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I would try resetting the router first as it's clearly a problem with the router.

If that doesn't work please post a screen shot of your ipconfig/all from both a wired and wireless machine and I'll see what's up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229020-cannot-connect-my-wireless-laptop-my-ethernet-pc-vice-versa.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Alright so I have two Windows computers, my laptop being Vista and my home network computer which is connected directly to the router is XP and then there is a Mac but I don't think it would interfere.
So basically whenever I look at my connection it says it's connected to "Unidentified Network" (Then my router name) and it says the access is local only.
I don't know how this happened, I've been connected to the internet using this computer and router for almost a year now and I've changed nothing.
But maybe you guys could come up with some specific troubleshooting steps?
Oh yeah and neither ethernet or wireless connection is working.
Thanks guys.

Oh yeah and the connection only works if the laptop is in safe mode.

A:Laptop Won't Connect to Home Computer Through Ethernet or Wireless

I think you're saying the network looks like

Code:

modem--WiFi.Router---wired.XP
|
+---- wired.Mac
|
+ ..... WiFi or Wired Vista laptop

The Mac and XP can use the Internet (can they share between them?)

Vista can not share (but can it use the internet?)

On vista try this
run->ipconfig /all >mytcp.txt​and attach \user\yourLogin/mytcp.txt to your follow-up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-computer-through-ethernet-or-wireless.124192/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello,

I am having problem connecting my laptop to the internet via ethernet cable.

I am typing this from a Mac desktop that is on the same connection - no router in use, just a cable modem.

I have tried 3 different laptops plugging in to the ethernet cable directly to the modem and all say the same thing - limited to no connectivity for the XP machines, and "Local access only" for the Vista machine.

It recognizes the ethernet cable, and it searches for connectivity but does not succeed.

What makes this weird is that the connection itself is live as evidenced by my ability to type on this desktop.

Please help!!

A:Solved: Can't connect laptop to internet via ethernet cable (wireless is ok)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-laptop-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable-wireless-is-ok.759881/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have just put a new hard drive in my laptop - a sony vaio
It will no longer connect to my university internet through a cable which I just plug into the wall. It has no issue finding wireless connections. I have tried changing the connection cable but it had no effect. In device manager under network adapters it lists: Atheros AR9285 Wirless Network Adapter and there are no warnings associated with that. Underneath in other devices it states that the Ethernet Controller has no driver installed. Is this related?
Any help much appreciated

A:Laptop won't connect to ethernet cable despite finding wireless connections

Hi Molly123, and welcome to TSG.

Molly123 said:

It will no longer connect to my university internet through a cable which I just plug into the wall.
Underneath in other devices it states that the Ethernet Controller has no driver installed.
Is this related?

A missing Ethernet driver will prevent the wired connection from working.
You can probably use your wireless connection to visit the support section of the the Sony web site and download the missing driver(s) and get instructions on how to install the downloaded driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-to-ethernet-cable-despite-finding-wireless-connections.1089095/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi great site idea I m having a strange issue regarding internet Moved country Ireland to Australia PC had never caused any issues before and was connected to net via a wireless adapter Moved to Australia set up PC everything seems fine apart from not being able to connect to Internet Wireless - when I plug wireless adapter into usb port toolbar displays Monitor with red x so i double click and to view network list but my network isn t available but my neighbors one shows up even though according to the status of wireless network connections adaptor is internet connect Solved: or Wireless wont to PC cable Ethernet via quot Not connected quot but my network is a very strong signal and am actually using it right now on Solved: PC wont connect to internet via Wireless or Ethernet cable my notebook to send this mail so adaptor s Solved: PC wont connect to internet via Wireless or Ethernet cable sees asnother network but not my network which is metre away Ethernet Cable - Plug in cable but nothing happens no change on toolbar nothing in Network Connections Tried internet with but doesn t work stumped Am I making a simple schoolboy error here Checked Device Manager and there is a yellow question mark at Other Devices opened that and inside yellow question mark and exclamation mark over quot other PCI Bridge quot and quot Video Controller VGA Compatible Any advise cant update any drivers as I cant get PC online obviously Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I've got a Dell Vostro 1500 notebook running Windows XP SP3 without any major problems. I access the internet using A modem connected to the router for wireless access.

I've recently procured a 100 metre ethernet cable and decided to make use of it, but discovered that I couldn't connect to the internet while I was connected to the router (similar results with connecting directly to the modem itself). I've connected other Laptops to it, and seems to work perfectly, which indicates it's the computer.

What I've tried till now
Opened Device manager and checked if the network adapter was active. It wasn't for some reason, but i've just enabled it and it says that i'm connected but without any result.

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is!

Hoping someone on here can help!

Daytripper

A:[SOLVED] Cannot connect to Internet using Ethernet (Wireless works flawlessly)

In Device Manager, click "show hidden devices". There are hidden devices & drivers necessary for Internet connection. Check that they are working and not flagged.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cannot-connect-to-internet-using-ethernet-wireless-works-flawlessly-332553.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I have an Acer Aspire One that can connect to the internet able ethernet, connect Solved: inter wireless Can browse not connected but too via to via Solved: Can connect via ethernet, wireless connected too but not able to browse inter ethernet cable with no problems However when remove the ethernet cable and go wireless the wireless connection shows Status - quot Connected quot and Signal quot Solved: Can connect via ethernet, wireless connected too but not able to browse inter Excellent quot but I cannot browse to the internet I ve scoured several forums on the internet and tried several different things all to no Solved: Can connect via ethernet, wireless connected too but not able to browse inter avail I m not tecky and can t remember all the things I ve tried from looking on the internet but none have worked so far This is my system spec Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Atom TM CPU N GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Is anyone able to help me out For info there are other computers in our house that access the network over wireless and both work fine Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Can connect via ethernet, wireless connected too but not able to browse inter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-connect-via-ethernet-wireless-connected-too-but-not-able-to-browse-inter.1042654/
Relevancy 62.35%

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3766 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1755 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 597065 MB, Free - 490266 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire 5742
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Not Updated

Please help me, I don't know what to do.
My internet connection suddenly stopped working and I don't know how to fix it, I've restarted the computer and unplugged the modem, amongst other things, but nothing seems to be working.
The only way I can have internet connection is with the ethernet cable, but it doesn't work without...

A:Solved: Can only connect to internet with ethernet cable, does not work wireless

you have marked this - solved - has the problem been resolved now

if not
have you made sure the wireless is switched on - often there's a physical switch or a combination of the FN + one of the F keys to control the wireless

post an ipconfig /all and xirrus screen shot
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-only-connect-to-internet-with-ethernet-cable-does-not-work-wireless.1067146/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I know that this question via but connects Unable connect network, to wireless Ethernet Solved: to has been asked a lot on here but unfortunately none of the solutions helped Solved: Unable to connect to wireless network, but connects via Ethernet fix my problem Last week I was using my laptop when suddenly it disconnected from the internet I tried fixing it the next day and even though there were full bars it wouldn t connect to the network I restarted my router multiple times and nothing So after a fit of anger and messing with different settings on my computer I pretty much gave up For some reason I was able to connect to the internet or times over the past week for about - minutes before it would disconnect me for the rest of the day So I m honestly so stumped I thought maybe it might have just been my router but I m at my dad s house now and I m not able to connect to his network either He tried helping me fix my laptop and thinks I might need to go ahead an order a new wireless adapter but neither of us are that well with computers networking I m hooked up via Ethernet cord which seems to be working fine but my wireless is only able to read and not actually connect On occasion it will actually connect to the internet but when it does I can t actually access the internet I ve tried uninstalling my wireless adapter disabling enabling it a bunch of weird commands that I don t even know what they do probably shouldn t have messed with those stopping restarting services etc Anyways thank you so much for your time I really appreciate it ipconfig all with Ethernet unplugged Host Name Taylorrr-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -D - - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - -B - C- - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C FDC- D- E -A D-C CCCD A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap Belkin Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to connect to wireless network, but connects via Ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network-but-connects-via-ethernet.1063833/
Relevancy 61.92%

My method of communicating with the internet is via a wireless connection to a wireless router, etc.

When I connect a debug tool via the wired ethernet connection I lose the my internet connection.

I then have to diagnose the connection where a dialog box pops up to show which connection type, wired, or wireless. I have to select wireless and go from there.

Is there a way to override windows XP to only search for an internet connection via wireless? It is quite a nuiasance to have to go through the reconnect process once I plug the debug tool in...

A:When I connect Wired ethernet device I lose wireless internet access

No. The reverse would be true, and depending on the quality of your equipment and connections you could, but the normal case is what you are experiencing. Anyway to go wired first, then wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-connect-wired-ethernet-device-i-lose-wireless-internet-access.110900/
Relevancy 61.06%

Please help.. Can't connect to the wifi but using ethernet is working fine.. My phone could connect to the same wifi though
tried to backread some of the threads but didn't work on my laptop

A:Cannot "fully" connect to wifi but works fine on ethernet

Additional info. I am using Atheros AR5006EXS Wireless Network Adapter
and I did deleted the driver and it installed again automatically, but sadly it still doesn't work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-fully-connect-to-wifi-but-works-fine-on-ethernet.206650/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a new iPhone 4Gs. at work I noticed under available networks that there is one labeled 'Free Public WiFi' but when i try to access this i get no where. no error messages come up or request for password. Mainly I'm trying to use this wifi for FaceTime connect with the iphone. I am told that others try to access this network and can't get to the internet either.
What could be the problem? the strength is about 50% but even when I walk to an area that is supposedly FULL strength signal it won't work then either. the DHCP address is:169.254.106.123 subnet mask: 255.255.0.0

A:trying to connect to wireless WiFi network at work

Well, you most likely answered your own question. Others that try to connect can't either. I'd suggest that maybe that free public WiFi isn't working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-connect-to-wireless-wifi-network-at-work.932015/
Relevancy 61.06%

Since the last major windows 10 update, every time I log on I have to run the WIFI troubleshooter to reset the wireless adapter - does anyone know why?

A:Wireless adapter keeps failing to connect to my WIFI

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Since the last major windows 10 update, every time I log on I have to run the WIFI troubleshooter to reset the wireless adapter - does anyone know why? DO you made all following win10 updates?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441898-wireless-adapter-keeps-failing-connect-my-wifi.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I just reinstalled WIndows 7 Professional. I located all the drivers except for the wireless adapter, I can't connect WiFi, here's the card number. I searched and couldn't locate the driver. Thanks for any help.  PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8179&SUBSYS_804B103C&REV_01 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Driver for my Wireless Adapter, Can't Connect to WiFi

Hi: You need this driver... This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp72932.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Driver-for-my-Wireless-Adapter-Can-t-Connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5642313
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Here is the story of my long struggle with this except wireless all at connect Cannot to work network wifi issue I have a Lenovo T and installed Windows little over two months ago After the upgrade I started having trouble connecting to different wireless networks ATT Uverse at home Verizon Jetpack LE Verizon Pantech UML and wifi networks at Starbucks I can see the SSID but when I try to connect it it says quot verifying and connecting quot and errors out All these wireless networks work perfectly Cannot connect to all wireless network except wifi at work ok with rest of my devices Windows laptops MacBook Air Pro Tablets etc However my windows laptop is able to connect to the two wireless network Cannot connect to all wireless network except wifi at work at work one is Cannot connect to all wireless network except wifi at work internal and one public wifi for guests The only difference is our corporate wifi uses Radius servers for authentication where as rest of the wireless networks don't Here's what I have done troubleshooting this issue so far Completely wiped the drive and reinstall the OS Tried connecting to the wireless network with the default drivers and the same issue happened Downloaded the latest drives for the Intel Centrino Ultimate-N AGN from Intel's website and tried connecting to the wireless network Same error again Called Verizon to see if there was a problem on their end Reset the two Verizon G cards to factory settings updated firmware's and tried connecting Same error Called ATT and same steps and no luck Changed Wireless Authentication Type from quot WPA quot to quot WPA quot quot WEP quot and tried connecting Same thing again Disabled Wireless security Same error Renamed SSID Opened a support ticket with Microsoft and took Netmon logs once while connecting to problematic wireless network and once while connecting to wifi at work which works And one more netmon log from Windows Laptop connecting to the same wireless that has problems connecting on Windows laptop Compared the logs and all we found was there was no attempt packet transfer while connecting from Win device where as Win device shows Beacon response The log files in quot C Windows tracing quot on Win device do not get updated when I try to connect to the wireless network that I have problem connecting to Called Lenovo and replaced the Wireless NIC and still have the same problem After all these troubleshooting I have absolutely no clue what the issue and what I am supposed to do to troubleshoot this issue Please help if you have any suggestions

A:Cannot connect to all wireless network except wifi at work

FIPS enabled in 802.11 advanced settings?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28274-cannot-connect-all-wireless-network-except-wifi-work.html
Relevancy 60.2%

1st. I have a desktop and nearby there is wireless internet WiFi hotspot. Please I would like to know how can I connect it to the wireless internet WiFi? I am thinking of buying this: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/802-11n-150mbps-wifi-wlan-wireless-network-usb-adapter-53538

Apart from that adapter do I need something else?

2nd. Where the desktop is, I have no reception. I mean because my cellphone has no reception when it is in the same place where the desktop is. But when I put my cellphone in the window around 12 feet away, there is reception. So I am wondering if I can make a 12 feet long USB cable from the desktop to the window and with the Wifi/WLAN Wireless Network USB Adapter in the window.

Any suggestions and help?

Thanks

Relevancy 60.2%

When i go throw all the steps it is fine right up till it ask for my password when I give it and click ok it try to connect and then give me error message
help please

A:Can`t connect Nintendo Wii to wireless network with SBG6580 wifi

What does the error message say?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-t-connect-nintendo-wii-to-wireless-network-with-sbg6580-wifi.1075623/