Windows Support Forum

Dell's revised XPS 15 includes gorgeous Infinity display, Windows 10

Q: Dell's revised XPS 15 includes gorgeous Infinity display, Windows 10

Infinity displays are all the rage among notebook buyers these days. Dell's XPS 13 (2015) was an excellent example of what's possible when it launched earlier this year and now, they're bringing the gorgeous screen to its bigger brother. ...

Read more

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell's revised XPS 15 includes gorgeous Infinity display, Windows 10

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dell's revised XPS 15 includes gorgeous Infinity display, Windows 10

What's an Infinity screen?... Short answers please, I'm not interested enough to Google it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dells-revised-xps-15-includes-gorgeous-infinity-display-windows-10.213699/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hey My last post didn t help to solve my troubles so I ve re-written it for clarity in the hopes that someone can help me to make my Apple Studio Display and my laptop XP get along Here goes Specs Acer Inc VT KT KM Display adaptor S Graphics Twister K Driver date Driver version Chip name S -VIA Twister K mobile AMD Athlon post) Studio Display knocks Windows XP Apple out (revised XP GHz MB PC SO-DIMM RAM Windows XP SP ----- I just purchased a Windows XP knocks out Apple Studio Display (revised post) used quot Apple Studio Display CRT to replace my blurry quot beige monitor The monitor plugs into my Acer Aspire laptop which has a cracked and mostly unusable screen The Acer works fine with the beige generic monitor but freaks out when I plug in the Studio Display The Studio Display works okay with my Powerbook and I bought it from someone who used it with his Dell I can t figure out what is wrong It s this one http everymac com monitors a studio display html With the Apple monitor plugged in from boot-up the Acer logo and some of the initial boot text comes up on the CRT checking CDROM etc then the CRT goes black and makes a chirping noise with the green monitor light staying on as soon as Windows XP starts to load The CRT then goes into standby and XP loads up on the laptop s screen When I have the monitor plugged in and change the settings under quot Display Devices quot in the advanced options I can get something to happen but only briefly For the tab that should let me choose between CRT and LCD the CRT option can be clicked -- but then the CRT monitor makes a turning on noise the orange standby light turns green it chirps a couple of times then it goes back into standby and the CRT box becomes unchecked Changing the resolution doesn t help and the refresh rate is set at hz no other options Oddly on only one of the times I rebooted it did the ACER recognize the monitor as quot STUDIODISPLY quot or something like that Every other time it s been Default Monitor or Plug n Play monitor Why is it NOT recognizing it every time Since the text is displayed at start-up on the monitor until Windows begins to bootup I m guessing that Windows is sending the monitor the wrong kind of signal Also sometimes when the monitor is plugged in the display on the laptop s screen flashes between black and the desktop I have updated the S Graphics Driver to the latest version and Apple does not provide a driver for the Studio Display Please I ve been fiddling with this for days and this blurry monitor is killing my eyes Thanks nbsp

A:Windows XP knocks out Apple Studio Display (revised post)

Good morning seanps, it would appear you have a mismatch with display parameters.
Is that monitor suitable for normal Windows PC's?
I couldn't see any or specs info on it. (quickly)
Your symptom is indicative of an out of range problem which may well kill your monitor if you are not careful.

I would be inclined to consider getting another monitor.

Others might know positively.
Cheers, qldit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-knocks-out-apple-studio-display-revised-post.465277/
Relevancy 67.08%

How to install Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex 3040 MT with Windows 7 Pro preinstalled (includes Windows 10 Pro) ?
The system comes with a DVD labeled Windows 10 Pro x64 and reading "to be used on a system with an OS installed and to be used only to reinstall the operating system".

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19990677
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all I ordered the new Dell XPS a little while ago It s a great machine but there was an issue with a metallic rattling inside one of the speakers especially when playing high notes I got a replacement the sound is fine but the screen is different on that one It s the same type of screen same manufacturer LG but the colours brightness and white balance are off It s almost got a very subtle yellowish muddy tint that is warm The whites are not white any more and it does not seem as bright I had them side by side so I could compare and the difference is obvious I don t think there s anything wrong with the screen - but it does seem odd and I got a hunch that Dell have made some adjustments to the BIOS or the default colour profile Has anyone ele experienced this and is there a fix for this Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981876
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi Folks I hope you guys are doing well I recently upgraded from Dell Xps L x to nbsp Dell s flagship nbsp XPS Infinity Edge Notebook and I m happy with it nbsp So I used my old XPS with the power cord plugged in nbsp even after it reaches or until I see the fully charged notification by nbsp disabling my battery charging By that way I prevented my notebook from overcharging nbsp Until now my battery s health was good and nbsp I haven t faced any issues with my battery touch wood nbsp But with my new Notebook I couldn t able to see such thing to disable my battery I 15 disable Dell (9550) in How Edge Notebook? XPS charging Infinity 2016 battery to have the habit of working in my laptop with the power chord How to disable battery charging in Dell XPS 15 2016 (9550) Infinity Edge Notebook? plugged in But now nbsp It kinda worries me by doing that so nbsp may shorten my new nbsp notebook s nbsp battery life Does the new How to disable battery charging in Dell XPS 15 2016 (9550) Infinity Edge Notebook? XPS nbsp notebook comes with an automatic disable function to prevent from overcharging or Is there a way to disable it P s I had a Dell chat session with their expert He asked me to remove the power chord once the battery is fully charged nbsp Thanks nbsp Sibi

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19709154
Relevancy 56.33%

Do you like the suggested name for the next Windows: Windows Infinity?

A:Windows Infinity?

Hey John, how do we make this suggestion to Microsoft?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/331-windows-infinity.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

This beautiful image appeared in my lock screen. Anyone know where this photo was taken?
Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/45605-gorgeous-mystery-stairwell.html
Relevancy 55.47%

[Windows 7 Ultimate; Intel Quadcore 6600 2.4 GHz; Asus P5E Mainboard, 4GB RAM—via cable to BT Infinity router.]
Hello.

I have BT's Infinity Broadband, but something odd is happening with it—and BT say Windows 7 itself is the problem.

By way of comparison I have my little Samsung N210 Netbook (Windows 7 Starter edition) running directly beside (see the above specs) my desktop machine. The Netbook is connected wirelessly.

I use Advanced System Care Pro, BT Infinity Desktop Help, and CCleaner to keep both machines (otherwise) singing.

So. How come my little Netbook averages 25.4 Mb download speed—while my super-duper desktop averages only 4.79? Those being regularly indicative figures, that's an 81% difference.

Thinking I might have a defective cable, I tested the Netbook on it—and got 40Mb!

I've obviously got some settings seriously wrong somewhere, but I haven't got a clue what these might be.

Immessely frustrated.

Any insights?

Relevancy 55.47%

Today, I learned that Microsoft has announced a revision to 1 or more of its most recently released updates. I have noticed that previously released patches have been revised.
Revisions
• V1.0 (December 11, 2007): Bulletin published.

• V1.1 (December 12, 2007): Bulletin Revised to address rendering issues.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms07-069.mspx

Does this mean that subsequent to the update that was made available on 11 Dec 2007, a change to the update has been made?

If so, if one has already downloaded & installed the update, how does one obtain the latest update?

RF123

A:Revised Windows updates

I would imagine that if the revision affected those that had already installed the first version that the updated version would show up for installation in Windows Updates, though not necessarily immediately.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/revised-windows-updates.661863/
Relevancy 55.04%

I did a little revision of an old windows Can't revised in access folders 7, thread I posted two months ago Here it is revised I've added a lot more detail If no one can help me here do you know where I can get help for free I shouldn't have to pay anything simply to access my own files that I have every right to look at Can't access folders in windows 7, revised I once was in touch with some free Microsoft support from Microsoft via email for updating windows XP errors I was getting unfortunately I can't remember when I went to Well here it is I am getting an error when I try to access certain files on a drive in windows Professional The situation is this I have two computers One is a Dell Studio Desktop with Windows XP Professional and my second computer is a Windows Desktop I bought the desktop through a company called Cyberpower PC that was custom build for me On my Windows XP computer I decided I needed to wipe the hard drive clean- to get rid of some malware However before doing so as not to lose any data- I made a copy of the entire hard drive as an OMG image file on an external USB hard drive with a program called Laplink Disk Image What I am trying to do is access certain files on the image by connecting the hard drive to my Windows Computer mounting the OMG image and accessing it Specifically in this case the directory is mounted hard drive letter this varies but it is the mounted image Documents and Settings Sean I get the following error which I do NOT get when trying to access the directory with my Windows XP machine You don't currently have permission to access the folder- Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder After which I click continue I get a message saying You have been denied permission to access this folder- to gain access to this folder you will need to use the security tab I click the blue security tab link and at this web address I found some explanation as to why this happens and what to do Windows Access Denied Permission amp Ownership Since I want access to the entire hard drive I right click the mounted hard drive after clicking the windows button in the bottom left and clicking computer then I right choose the security tab Here There are different group and user names entries in that box I didn't create any of them they came with the computer They are Everyone CREATOR OWNER System Administrators Sean PC-Desktop Administrators Users Sean-PC Desktop Users The instructions say to click the advanced button but don't say which entry to choose So I click advanced under the everyone entry which brings me to the Advanced Security Settings for OS G I go the owner tab where it says Current Owner is Administrators Sean-PC-Desktop Adminstrators and it also says Change Owner to Sean Sean-PC Desktop Sean I click the edit button and I get the message You only have permission to view the current owner on OS G As far as the changing permission part of it is concerned Again there are group or user names entries in that box I do not know what account I am signed in under There are two when I start my system Administrator- which I will get to below and Sean I use the Sean account when I start my system When I select the Everyone entry and click edit it brings me to the Permissions for OS G with all of the group or usernames mentioned previously No matter which one I choose I can not click any of the boxes under allow or deny they simply do not respond to my clicks A suggestion tech support at Laplink suggested was that I could not change the ownership or permissions because I was not signed in under the hidden adminstator account The tech suggested in an online chat I enable it by doing what this website suggests Enable the Hidden Administrator Account on Windows or Vista But this does not solve the problem either After rebooting and logging on under the adminstrator account mounting the image and going to the security advanced then owner it also says the owner is Administrators Sean-PC-Desktop Admin... Read more

A:Can't access folders in windows 7, revised

when you try to take ownership of the folder / drive, choose the administrators group as I assume you are an administrator of your pc. Make sure you click the option at the bottom that says replace owner on subcontainers and objects.

Depending on the size of the image / old PC this could take a while

Take Ownership of a File or Folder

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-access-folders-in-windows-7-revised-695371.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Im running windows ultimate and when I try to install some programs i get the following error I assume because it is using the default windows installer software I cannot install some windows updates and programs because of this issue quot The Windows installer service could not be accessed This can occur if the windows installer is not correctly installed Contact your support personnel for assistance quot I have tried doing different methods on the internet such as registering and unregistering using cmd which does not work giving an error I have tried downloading the windows installer software but from what I can see the windows installer is the correct version for windows yet I can not find any where to download this including microsoft s site I tried installing and thought it was Windows Issue (revised) Installer worth a try but it says incorrect os Also don t know whether this is an issue to do with my corrupted windows installer or a security feature employed in windows to prevent people uneducatedly deleting required files But there is not installer folder in windows on the c disk and i have hidden folders off The only way I can access the folder is via typing it s address into run Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I have installed Handbrake 0.10.5 but my USB Infinity foot pedal won't advance the video at all. Is this a problem with the foot pedal, or Windows 10. I'm using Start-Stop Omniversal for my transcription software. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/infinity-foot-pedal-not-working-with-windows-10/637.html
Relevancy 53.75%

What is Apricity OS Break free with Apricity OS the operating Gorgeous Linux OS Arch First Its Release, on Based Stable Gets Apricity system with a customizable clean and easy setup Apps like ICE which creates site-specific browsers and Syncthing which makes remote file sharing easier than Gorgeous Apricity OS Gets Its First Stable Release, Based on Arch Linux ever enable a more productive lifestyle Prebuilt packages from the AUR along with the Pamac updater and Wine allow for the most up-to-date experience Finally the no-frills integration with the GNOME and Cinnamon environments keep your desktop looking beautiful leaving you everything you want and nothing you don t Apricity OS maintainer Alex Gajewski has proudly informed Softpedia about the availability of the first stable release of his gorgeous Arch Linux-based computer operating system Dubbed quot Aspen quot Apricity OS has been declared the first-ever stable release of the popular and beautifully designed GNU Linux distribution which is currently distributed in two flavors with the GNOME and Cinnamon desktop environments both supporting - and -bit hardware architectures Shipping with some of the latest software versions and a kernel from the Linux series Apricity OS Aspen features numerous improvements and new features compared to previous releases Among these we can mention full-disk encryption support using LUKS a more stable installer as well as better touchpad support Read more Gorgeous Apricity OS Gets Gorgeous Apricity OS Gets Its First Stable Release, Based on Arch Linux Its First Stable Release Based on Arch Linux nbsp

A:Gorgeous Apricity OS Gets Its First Stable Release, Based on Arch Linux

Looks really appealing to me.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/gorgeous-apricity-os-gets-its-first-stable-release-based-on-arch-linux.62141/
Relevancy 50.74%

Used auction computers have the hard drive missing, but the ad states
Includes Windows XP Professional OEM/COA
does this mean If I get another hard drive I can somehow get the XP Pro OS for free? If so what is the process?
thanks

A:Includes Windows XP Professional OEM/COA

You would need to find a copy of an XP Pro OEM CD to use with the Product Key on the COA sticker. The original PC manufacturer (if a major brand) may provide new disks for free or for a nominal fee. Or a computer shop should be able to burn a copy for you for not much more than the cost of the CD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/includes-windows-xp-professional-oem-coa-412664.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Does RTM include the ability to install different versions of Windows 7 or just Ultimate still?

I know that one DVD has all but that option was not normally available in the RC's.

Relevancy 50.31%

The other day, I went to the start menu, clicked "all apps". Then I noticed an app labeled "3D Builder", I open it up. Its for 3D printing.

Welcome to 2016 people...

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/windows-10-includes-3d-printer-software-277105/
Relevancy 49.45%

I Face a weird issue in dell E3330 Laptop that when its boot it don't show Dell Splash logo and BIOS windows display only show display after windows logging screen load.But all display showing in external display. I try following troubleshooting:-
1.I remove and refix LCD cable from both end  but problem not resolved.
2.update video driver,update latest BIOS,OS reinstall but same problem.
3.Then i remove CMOS battery and refix but problem not solved.
4.I replaced LCD Screen for this but problem remian same.
5.swap RAM,HDD but not solved.
6.Search on internet many time but not proper solution found
So can any body support me for this issue.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19995111
Relevancy 49.45%

Dear Dell Forum,Recently, I have upgraded from my windows 8.1 to windows 10. After I upgraded, I found blurred displays issue. I have done the following things to resolve my issue.
1. Updated all the latest drivers.2. Changed screen resolution to and fro3. Updated AMD Radeon HD 7700M series and Intel® HD Graphics 4000
For web browsers and File Explorers, I can see very clear display without any issue. But for installed software’s (for example Skype and some other installed applications), I have the blurred display problems. If I open “Device Manager”, I have the same issue. If I try to install any software, the pop-up box also blurry display.I think because of this issue, system start up takes longer time.I am researching this issue since more than a month. Please, can someone help me how to resolve this issue?
thanks in advance..!

A:Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520, blurred display after upgrading to windows 10

Can someone help me to fix this issue?
thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19652607
Relevancy 49.45%

Quote:
Windows 7 improvements. If you are a Windows 7 user, you should notice that we are shipping nicer application icons that work well with the new Windows 7 taskbar. These icons will also change when you are away or idle, so you can see your state right in the taskbar. Because AIM is so awesome, you should take the time to right click and pin AIM to the taskbar for easy access. Just right click on the AIM icon while it is running and click "Pin this program to taskbar".

Source and Download

A:AIM 7.1 Beta 1 includes Jumplist support for Windows 7

Cool. Was wondering when AOL was going to catch up with integration.

I'll stay with my Trillian though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/38217-aim-7-1-beta-1-includes-jumplist-support-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all I am running RHEL as XP host Display setting as in RHEL4 1555 with VMWare Dell for Windows Guest OS in Dell studio laptop using VMWare Work Station with Windows Display setting for VMWare RHEL4 with Windows XP as host in Dell 1555 XP SP as host OS in my Dell Studio model But I am not able to set the display properly in RHEL which can perfectly fit to the laptop screen so that I can get rid of the troublesome job of scrolling to view the full page I have at present chosen These options Hardware Monitor Type LCD panel X Video Card VESA driver generic Settings Resolution X Color Depth Millions of Colors I tried various other options But nothing else seems to be suitable Do I have to install some dedicated driver to get the resolution option of X which Display setting for VMWare RHEL4 with Windows XP as host in Dell 1555 is the Display resolution of my Host OS Windows XP Dell Studio Laptops use ATI Mobility Radeon HD Display Adapters for model Can you please suggest me which option should I choose in RHEl to get the X resolution option and get rid of this problem Thanks -pkd nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-setting-for-vmware-rhel4-with-windows-xp-as-host-in-dell-1555.927080/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I'm experiencing random freezes as usual... anyone help would be greatly appreciated!

PS - Had to uploda in two files because one file exceeded the 8MB limit. The two uploads are from the same gather but in two seperate files.

A:Random windows 8 freezes (includes crash dump)!

The only crash dump present is from 7/12/12. It was a 0x50 stop, not pointing to any specific driver.

Get rid of Symantec in safe mode with their special tool. It's the cause of all your problems.

Reboot and set Windows Defender and Windows Firewall services to automatic.

Could update your iPod software too, if newer is available:

iPodDrv iPodDrv.sys Fri Apr 10 00:07:40 2009 (49DEC60C)

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/8765-random-windows-8-freezes-includes-crash-dump.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have my system setup to where I try not to store anything on the C drive My E drive which is another separate drive is where I keep all of my user image. includes system C in Why? E Backup drive Windows + data and I have a few non-system related programs installed some portable some via an installer over there I have my Windows Backup includes C + E drive in system image. Why? iTunes folder configured to store on the E drive as well I also configured Windows Backup includes C + E drive in system image. Why? Windows to store my Favorites folder there The idea was to Windows Backup includes C + E drive in system image. Why? not have any data I care about on the C drive unless I couldn't put it on the E drive The problem I'm running into is that Windows Backup WBU wants to backup my C drive and my E drive And it doesn't give you a choice to not back it up But I don't want it to back up the E drive because I have another mechanism for backing that up I don't image it because it is very large and I have specific folders identified with precious data that I backup using other means I like to use WBU to make the system image of the C drive because it is convenient to use in a restoration because it is integrated with Windows Restore So yes I know I could just NOT use Windows Backup I've read numerous posts in here about people hating on WBU but I really want to keep using it So on my E drive there is a quot Program Files quot folder and a quot Program Files x quot folder that I manually created And as I alluded to earlier there is a Favorites folder that has the actual Windows icon so I believe the system truly knows it is there What I could use some help with is this is there a way to figure out what criteria WBU is REALLY using to determine when it is going to automatically bring other drives into the system image It can't simply be that it quot includes what is required for the system to run quot because I can completely remove the E drive and boot up just fine some of my apps will complain obviously about not finding their data unless quot system to run quot means all applications themselves can run correctly as well Maybe my real problem is not understanding what quot system to run quot means But I need to solve this and get WBU to only backup the C drive Any ideas

A:Windows Backup includes C + E drive in system image. Why?

frank479, welcome to the forums. Following the tutorial backup

step six should be where you choose only the c drive

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/288342-windows-backup-includes-c-e-drive-system-image-why.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I've recently quot inherited quot a laptop from my father who on a whim decided that the quot screen which Windows info) 7 Issue (includes Genuine diagnostic was essential in the previous purchase was now too Windows 7 Genuine Issue (includes diagnostic info) big and he needed something compact to travel Only problem is that he is dedicated to the cause of causing computer problems and now I've got this Genuine Error popping up I purchased the computer online for him with Windows and it has a Windows sticker on the bottom - it is a genuine copy There are no recovery disks of any kind who knows where they have been lost to available Here is the data Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code x FE Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - Windows 7 Genuine Issue (includes diagnostic info) - F HK-M P -W DQG Windows Product Key Hash Xs iQgVeo C sObJxS eu FuBPQ Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Windows 7 Genuine Issue (includes diagnostic info) Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID FF -CD F- E -B D - FB D A Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C windows system sppobjs dll Hr x File Mismatch C windows system sppc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C windows system sppcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C windows system sppwinob dll Hr x File Mismatch C windows system slc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C windows system slcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C windows system sppuinotify dll Hr x File Mismatch C windows system slui exe Hr x File Mismatch C windows system sppcomapi dll Hr x b File Mismatch C windows system sppcommdlg dll Hr x b File Mismatch C windows system sppsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C windows system drivers spsys sys Hr x File Mismatch C windows system drivers spldr sys Hr x File Mismatch C windows system systemcpl dll Hr x b File Mismatch C windows system user dll Hr x b Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt FF -CD F- E -B D - FB D A lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -W DQG lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt TOSHIBA lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Satellite P lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt TOSHIBA lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt B E FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt ... Read more

A:Windows 7 Genuine Issue (includes diagnostic info)

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers -

Installing the Intel Rapid Storage Drivers
try downloading and installing them from here - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=22194

(you want the iata_enu.exe download)

Once complete, please reboot twice, then post another MGADiag report.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/316372-windows-7-genuine-issue-includes-diagnostic-info.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there I bought a Dell Inspiron R- back in September and have been having this issue pretty much since I bought it from Amazon The computer is running Windows Bit Dell Freezes, Fix Display Static/System Can't to Dell Turns Laptop, GB RAM Intel Core i - M GHz I have Microsoft Security Essentials installed and run scans regularly Pretty much what happens is that the screen will turn to colored Dell Laptop, Display Turns to Static/System Freezes, Dell Can't Fix static and the Dell Laptop, Display Turns to Static/System Freezes, Dell Can't Fix computer will be unresponsive In order to make the machine usable again the power button must be held down and the computer restarted The odd thing about it is that it almost always happens when I am in the process of moving the laptop from one place to another For example moving the computer from my lap to the table next to me It has happened once or twice when I just touched the computer while it was on the table next to me A few times the screen just turned black Since it is still under warranty I called Dell support and they sent out a technician who didn t seem to do any sort of troubleshooting He replaced the motherboard and the LCD display This of course did not fix the problem so I called Dell again This time they had me send the computer to them They received and sent it out the very same day again it doesn t seem that they did any real troubleshooting When the same malfunction cropped up again I of course called Dell and they said that when they received the laptop there was some sort of cable inside that was quot loose quot so the connected this cable and sent it back to me Since the issue is intermittent it seems to me that they should have at least done a little more investigating to make sure that the computer was fixed before sending it out again As of right now the problem seems to be getting progressively worse It used to happen two to three times a week now it s two to three times a day So now they are sending out a technician to my house again this Friday this time to replace the LCD display again I really don t see the point of this since it didn t work the first time On my own I have tried to update the video driver which had no effect I also tried to update the BIOS but the system wouldn t let me since it said that I had the current version Does anyone have any idea what the cause of this is and how to fix it I am guessing that Dell is just giving me the run around until the warranty expires I asked them about a refund or a replacement computer of course they said no Also here s a horrible picture of what the screen looks like when this happens nbsp

A:Dell Laptop, Display Turns to Static/System Freezes, Dell Can't Fix

The technician Dell sent came to my house today. He replaced the motherboard (again), the LCD screen (again), and the hard drive. Fast forward five hours later, and guess what? The problem still hasn't been fixed. I just got off the phone with Dell support, of course their first suggestion was to send the computer in again and have them "fix" it. It took about an hour of going back and forth being on hold/arguing before they finally said they would "elevate" my case and and have someone call me on Monday to discuss it. I think I've given them plenty of chances to solve this, now I just want a replacement computer. Though with their track record, I'm not holding my breath. I'm even doubting that I'll get a phone call.

Does anyone think that this is power supply related? Not the power cord itself (I've used two different cords), but whatever is inside that powers the system. Sorry, I'm not that computer savvy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-display-turns-to-static-system-freezes-dell-cant-fix.1091277/
Relevancy 48.59%

I want to switch between laptops onto a DELL E FPc Monitor which is VGA input a ? do Dell E6410 KVM get I monitor Laptop switch a How a on through to Dell display only nbsp The Laptops are a DELL E -VGA out only running Win nbsp nbsp and nbsp a DELL Inspiron series machine -HDMI output running Win I have tried to achieve this using a KVM switch the ATEN CS U non-powered It claims to be Win compliant When I connect it to the E s VGA port and then in to the Monitor it says no signal detected Subsequent research would suggest that even if I were to somehow get a display through the KVM switch it will be lost as soon as you switch to the How do I get a Dell E6410 Laptop to display on a Dell monitor through a KVM switch ? other laptop nbsp I have come to believe through research on the web that the E Laptop will only work with a VGA monitor being directly connected to its port or an alternative powered KVM Switch with so called Active-DDC whatever that is may also work nbsp Needless to say I have exhausted my tech knowledge on this one Can anyone offer further advice or recommend a solution Ed

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19985242
Relevancy 48.59%

I just bought a new Precision desktop.  In the description, it said that it came with Windows 7 but includes a Windows 10 pro license.  I'm not sure what that means. The computer is currently on Windows 7.  There is a disk included for Windows 10 but the disk is sealed and says it's already installed on my computer.  There are no instructions for what I'm supposed to do and I don't want to load this disk if there is something as simple as clicking a button somewhere to start the install.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19989091
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello Everyone,
I have Dell N5110 which had recently Display DIM issue.  I have contacted the local repair store, they've diagnosed and said it had issue display IO controller and needs to be changed.
They've replaced it and display was working fine for few weeks. After few weeks, I had my battery changed as it's health was in bizarre state after running diagnostic test and it prompted for replacing the battery. 
I have new battery installed and the display started flickering. The battery is original one as I have purchased it from dell store. I want some one to help me out in fixing this issue. 
I have installed Windows 10 recently, could that be a problem. If nothing can be fixed by troubleshooting, please help me out with nearest authorized service center so-that I can have the laptop checked once.
Thanks & Regards,
Rohit.P

A:Dell N5110 Display Flickers and DIM display

Attach an external monitor.  Does it display a good image, or also flicker.
You might also want to ask the shop that did the repair what a "digitial I/O controller" is -- it sounds like they simply dismissed you with a techno-babble term.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19991730
Relevancy 48.16%

Quote:

Forget the Windows Store. Microsoft is working on a Linux-style package management framework for Windows, and it?s included with Windows 10. It?s being tested with Chocolatey?s existing packages, and allows you to easily install desktop applications and other software.

This is huge news. If you?ve ever used Linux, you?ve probably wanted a package management system for the Windows desktop ever since. Now it?s finally arriving!

OneGet, a Package Management Framework for Windows

This package manager is called OneGet, and is shipping as part of PowerShell. In a blog post titled ? My little secret : Windows PowerShell OneGet? over at Technet, Microsoft?s Garret Serack explains:

Windows 10 Includes a Linux-Style Package Manager Named ?OneGet?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-includes-a-linux-style-package-manager-named-oneget-911986.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I posted this on dell community a few hours ago but i'm posting it here as well for more help http www dellcommunity inspirion 1525 a properly. start Includes vista up won't lot windows of detail com support read id ------------------------------------------------------------ Hours ago the notebook was working just fine but then then I told my brother to give it to me so I could run spybot search destroy I updated it and stuff Then ran check for problems No problems at all Then I went to immunize it said I had be on administrator which was weird to me inspirion 1525 windows vista won't start up properly. Includes a lot of detail so my brother said go to start menu and right click spybot to run as administrator Then immunize inspirion 1525 windows vista won't start up properly. Includes a lot of detail worked I closed it Nothing was open during the scan just to let you know Also when I left it idled there was nothing open I left it alone for a few minutes with the notebook open not closed I decided to close it and genlty place it on the couch at least thats what I remeber doing The notebook was still on not on stanby or anything just closed My brother opened it and he said it was black screen We pressed some keys to see if it would reappear normally but nothing worked ctrl alt dlt enter esc stuff like that but nothing worked just a black screen We dcided to restart the computer manually by holding down the start switch It seemed to have worked We saw the dell screen then went to the windows screen loading It stayed there for like minutes We decided to restart again It went past the dell screen then it went some other screen that said start window normally and another that said fix or run diagnosis or repair whatever I forget but it said recommended on it so I chose that one Eventually it lead to a blue screen that said ERROR CODE quot quot - Status Looked something like that Don't remember if it said anything else We couldn't do much after that except restart it again It went back to the screen that recommended or start it normally again This time we chose normally It came up with another error something with kernell dll not being found or something Then we restarted Then I said let's try f to run it in safe mode It wouldn't work Got stuck at the windows loading screen I think My brother said quot hey lets try that Dell media thing quot the button next to start shut down you know at top of the keyboard That was the most horrible idea ever It wouldn't load properly Came up with some other errors We restarted again We looked up some of the errors on my pc like error thing A couple of them said had some hardware issues some said hard drive was corrupt or something I tried booting it with the windows vista disc that came with the notebook Wouldn't work When it showed the Dell screen I pressed f then load with the cd dvd drive or what ever it's called It showed the windows whatever thingy loading bar in grey bars Then it loaded the Dell media stuff but not all the way Then it started the windows vista boot disc stuff A little window showed that said administrator asked for password stuff like that Pressed ok We thought it was loading but it wasn't It just stayed empty with the vista colors in the background and a white mouse that we could move but do nothing much with it We pressed esc ctrl alt dlt stuff like that but nothing worked Just stayed empty This we loaded up the Drivers and Utilities disc to see what would happen That one worked but it just asked to run some test and stuff I think I ran the system tree i think that's what it said but i dont remember it looked like something like that I forget scan I ran the scan Waited a while Eventually It said some error I forget what the error said but the error occured with sata or sta i forget what it said Asked if Yes or No or Retry the scan but I said screw it I exited all of it then it went to a dos screen didn't know how to get out of it so I just turned off the notebook Now i'm h... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/inspirion-1525-windows-vista-wont-start-up-properly-includes-a-lot-of-detail-260316.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Quote Microsoft surprised testers of Windows on Tuesday by launching build of its forthcoming operating system just a day after the screen includes photo-centric login Microsoft build Windows new, 10 10159 last update Gabe Aul an engineering general manager at Microsoft who serves as the public face of the Windows Insider Program announced in a blog post that the company released the new build to testers in the program s Fast ring Unlike yesterday s build the latest build doesn t bring that many new features Instead Microsoft Windows 10 build 10159 includes new, photo-centric login screen wrote Aul it s packed with more than bug fixes along with a mysterious very interesting change According to a report by Neowin the change in question is a redesign of the login screen that puts a user s photo front and center in a translucent pane over their desktop picture Microsoft Windows 10 build 10159 includes new, photo-centric login screen It s a marked difference from the previous iteration of the login screen which placed a user s photo to one side of their name Microsoft account email and password field Microsoft Windows build includes new photo-centric login screen Microsoft Windows 10 build 10159 includes new, photo-centric login screen PCWorld

A:Microsoft Windows 10 build 10159 includes new, photo-centric login screen

What I find strange is that a vast amount of time and money was spent on the new impressive login screen that few people bother to look at, whilst continuing with the flat, childish 2D Metro tiles.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/microsoft-windows-10-build-10159-includes-new-photo-centric-login-screen-1013226.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm getting BT infinity installed but theres a snag, my master socket is under laminate flooring. What will happen? Will the engineer have to create a new master socket or something? How much will this cost?

Relevancy 46.87%

This is my motherboard...old, i know. There is no driver support for this motherboard for a loooong time. My question is:
Can i install Win 7 without any problems on my pc?

A:DFI INfinity NF-M2

Guide to Building a HD HTPC - Page 7 - AVS Forum

Going by specs shown here, you should be alright using Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/35490-dfi-infinity-nf-m2.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, I've been having troubles with my PC related to a program called "2.2TB infinity." Whenever I try to start my computer, I'm sent to the usual start up menu for my CyberPower PC, then I'm taken to a different loading screen with the program 2.2TB infinity, and a message reading "press any key for boot menu" or something similar. I know the basics of what 2.2TB Infinity is from looking for a solution earlier, and that's what REALLY confuses me. I don't have any hard drives, just what's built into the computer already. I've read in an earlier thread where pressing F8 should take me to a different start up menu, but I got no response after trying that.

A:2.2 TB infinity?

Please post the exact model of CyberPower computer.
The computer might have an ssd hard rive. I also need to see the manual to get into the BIOS and post the steps for you to disable 2.2TB Infinity from running at startup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-2-tb-infinity.1151746/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello everyone,

I am needing to define the value for infinity in my MSVC++ 2008 RTL. However I cannot seem to be able to obtain the value for it nor define it:
Code:
#define INFINITY (1.0/0.0)
/*const*/ double _infinity = INFINITY;
This produces error C2099: initializer is not a constant which itself does not make sense considering 1.0/0.0 is, technically, a constant expression.

Does anyone know how I can define infinity in MSVC?

Thanks for any help

A:C - Infinity

There is a fcn for determining finite
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa246875(VS.60).aspx
I think it reacts to the already defined +INF, -INF and NaN returns
Have a look through float.h

There's also fpclass in float.h
http://www.johndcook.com/IEEE_exceptions_in_cpp.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-infinity.821319/
Relevancy 46.87%

and here's the new log Thanks again for all your help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS log - HJT Revised Ken system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exeC WINDOWS System cusrvc exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Motive motmon exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Revised HJT log - Ken Program Files QuickTime qttask Revised HJT log - Ken exeC WINDOWS System rundll exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS System rundll exeC WINDOWS System rundll exeC documents and settings default local settings temp p ljKY exeC Program Files CSBB CSV P exeC WINDOWS System INLOADER exeC WINDOWS System NWTRAY EXEC Program Files AutoUpdate AutoUpdate exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System actcui exeC PROGRA MESSEN msmsgs exeC Documents and Settings default Application Data smwu exeC WINDOWS System r ndll exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exeC Program Files Dell Solution Center Service exeC Program Files Sierra Imaging Image Expert IXApplet exeC Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exeC WINDOWS System Nnp d exeC WINDOWS System Ica BRVe exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC Program Files CxtPls CxtPls exeC Documents and Settings default Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar file C WINDOWS System SearchBar htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer Provided by Cox High Speed InternetR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant about blankR - URLSearchHook no name - EC D D- C - C D-BC -C D DA - no file O - BHO no name - SOFTWARE - no file O - BHO IE Agent - - - - - - C Program Files CSBB CSBB DLLO - BHO no name - BE- D - CEB-ADD -E A D - C Program Files CxtPls cxtpls dllO - BHO no name - F FB - AF - B-B BA- F F E - C DOCUME default LOCALS Temp ofnisys datO - BHO no name - D EA - E - b - - BD A E - C PROGRA INTERN inetkw dllO - BHO no name - B AA B-F - C - FD - C CBBCF - no file O - BHO no name - EE A E- - f -A A- D - C WINDOWS System stlb dllO - BHO no name - CF -B - DC - - F B B - C WINDOWS System xjw dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - FA A-C A - - C - AE AB - no file O - BHO no name - FFA -B - EA- - AF B C - C WINDOWS System xcpunt dll file missing O - BHO no name - - C- B - - D FEC A - C PROGRA COMMON WinTools WToolsB dll file missing O - BHO no name - DA F-A AA- CCF-A - E FD - C PROGRA COMMON WinTools WToolsT dll file missing O - BHO no name - C ABC-EB E- E -B C - A B CF - no file O - BHO no name - D FD - AF - A A-ABB - D C FD - C DOCUME default LOCALS Temp smwc datO - BHO Search Help - E EAEB -F B - C - FF- FAF D - C Documents and Settings default Local Settings Temp pln dllO - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar Search - EE A E- - f -A B- D - C WINDOWS System stlb dllO - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe AllUsersO - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Microsoft Works WkDetect exeO - HKLM Run MotiveMonitor C Program Files Motive motmon exeO - HKLM Run pImSf C documents and settings default local settings temp pImSf exeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run NCfVe ... Read more

A:Revised HJT log - Ken

HiYou are running an outdated version of HijackThis.. Delete the copy you have and download the latest version of HijackThis!: Download here HJT 1.98.2. Save it on your Desktop. You will need now to unzip hijackthis.exe to a permanent folder, such as c:\hjt . This has to be done as HijackThis creates backups. You may need to use these backups.First create a new folder:A. Click My Computer icon on your desktopB. Click C: driveC. Click the File menu --> New --> Folder, a folder "New folder" will be created.D. Rename it HJTUnzip hijackthis.exe to the c:\HJT folder.Do not run hijackthis from your desktop or temp folder.Please download and run this new tool from Symantec:http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...moval.tool.htmlFollow Symantec's instructions for how to run it.When the removal process is finished you will find a log on your Desktop . Don't delete it. Please copy & paste the contents of the log as a reply to this post.Post please also a new HJT log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/5853/revised-hjt-log-ken/
Relevancy 46.44%

BSOD about 3 times a week for the past month and still frequently before that
recent one said hardware malfunction
im assuming its most likely a registry error

intermediate tech guy (currently getting A+ certified)

included is the minidump files in windows folder tied up in a zip file (some had to be excluded due to file size...the oldest ones were excluded)

advice please

Stats:
vista home premium servce pack 2
Dell Studio 540
intel core2 quad
8gb ram
64 bit

A:BSOD to infinity

Hi and welcome.
Latest 4 of 16 minidump files.

Probably caused by : nwifi.sys
NativeWiFi Miniport Driver - Microsoft.

Probably caused by : intelppm.sys
Processor Device Driver - Microsoft.

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys
Relates to ATI Radeon graphics driver.
Update the driver.

Probably caused by : memory_corruption
Run a Memory test.
http://www.memtest86.com/download.html
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Best to run a full scan from a Cd - on individual Ram sticks.
Download and burn the ISO to CD
Boot from that CD and run the memory test overnight or for at least 8 passes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-to-infinity.1046355/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a user who has noticed a Sword and Infinity symbol on his desktop. We are assuming that this is some sort of Spyware but I can't find any details. The icon has a hyperlink that is the word cobalt.<his password>.com
HELP!

A:Sword and Infinity

Run HijackThis and click Open the Misc Tools section
Click Open Uninstall Manager>>Save list and save the log to your Desktop
A list of programs will open in Notepad. Post the contents of the log here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sword-and-infinity.468416/
Relevancy 46.44%

hi here is my hijackthis log I hope someone can point out - Revised Log My Hijackthis a problem so i can fix it thanks Logfile My Hijackthis Log - Revised of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exeC Program Files ScreenPrint v ScreenPrint exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitdm exeC Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitnet exeC Program Files Common Files ABBYY FineReader Licensing PE NetworkLicenseServer exeC Program Files Common Files Seagate Schedule schedul exeC Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System StkASv K exeC WINDOWS system UAService exeC Program Files Microsoft Bootvis BootVis exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files HPQ SHARED HPQWMI exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system mmc exeC Program Files HijackThis abcdef exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Program Files Outlook Express msimn exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXEC Downloads HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title gt gt gt 'Full Speed' Enabled lt lt lt R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system Userinit exeO - BHO btorbit com - B - B - -B F -F B EFC - C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitcth dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO PimpFish Basic Toolbar Opcode Handler - C E - - B -A DB- C FB - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO ALOT Toolbar - AA BA - - dc - - AB FA AE - C Program Files alot bin alot dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - no file O - BHO FloatBar Class - B A -CDCE- C -B F- F B FC - C Program Files PimpFish FloatBar dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dllO - Toolbar ALOT Toolbar - AA BA - - dc - - AB FA AE - C Program Files alot bin alot dllO - Toolbar no name - E BACF - E - E - - D E - no fil... Read more

A:My Hijackthis Log - Revised

Hi snafubaby,I'm sorry we couldn't help you sooner but as you can see the forums are extremely busy and our volunteer helpers are at full capacity. I'm subscribed to this topic now and will help you with any malware issues you may have.Since it has been a while since you posted last and changes may have been made to your system please run HijackThis and post a new log in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/146259/my-hijackthis-log-revised/
Relevancy 46.44%

I m not sure if I posted this in the can't on 333fsb run revised right place so you will probly see this in to places allow me to revise my problem I have an nforce- board made by jetway with a radeon w ps and ddr mem the prob I was having was i coudn t run on front side bus with the memmory set to as well it would crash to desktop or freeze when i played a game now before the amd I had a can't run on 333fsb revised fsb and memory set to fsb and it worked great but not with new I have sense took out the ddr memory and put in ddr stick same problem will only run on memory settings i m stumped and i m no amateur could it be w power suply or the n-force- board i tried setting the memory setting lower to no avail Oh one last thing I can set the to fsb and the memory can run fine at ddr mode can't run on 333fsb revised Pleaaaaase help thanks nbsp

A:can't run on 333fsb revised

You may want to check if the CPU is supported by the mobo. Check the Jetway site for your specific mobo for FAQ's and BIOS updates.

It could be a heat ot power issue also. What are the CPU's temps at both speeds? You can check in the BIOS or through tteh use of a program like MainBoard Monitor which you can download by seacrhing on google. What make is the powersupply?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-run-on-333fsb-revised.181835/
Relevancy 46.44%

AMD OR INTEL witch is better and why?

Relevancy 46.44%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS File. HJT Log Revised system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system Tablet exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Revised HJT Log File. Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAAE EXEC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files SAGEM SAGEM F st - dslmon exeC WINDOWS system WTablet TabUserW exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Wallpapers from MSN wallpaper exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC DOCUME Terry LOCALS Temp c d dbcdb ef a d be a d b xshim exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files MSN Toolbar msntask exeC PROGRA AVG AVG aAvgApi exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Revised HJT Log File. Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk msn com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE Revised HJT Log File. B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO AVG Safe Search - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class - E FB- DD- F -B AC-B CAE F A - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dllO - Toolbar EPSON Web-To-Page - EE D F- B- - D-C B AAEBA D - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hideO - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus D Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAAE EXE P quot EPSON Stylus D Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus D quot O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUNO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader S... Read more

A:Revised HJT Log File.

Hello TerenceMWelcome to Bleeping Computer! Sorry about the delay. We're all volunteers here, and it's been very busy. If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic: Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log ? ? link And I'll be happy to look at it for you.I also need to see a different type of log from Hijackthis: Run Hijackthis.Click on "Open the Misc Tools section".Next click on "Open uninstall manager".Press the button 'save list'. It will open a Notepad file.Place the content of that file here in your next reply.Thanks, for your patience. Stelios

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177388/revised-hjt-log-file/
Relevancy 46.44%

I got a new Hijack Log---could someone please check it out and tell me if and what i might need to either Revised Hijack Log fix or delete---it sure would be appreciated---thanksLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLLC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tskC PROGRAM FILES NORTON INTERNET SECURITY NISUM EXEC WINDOWS EXPLORER EXEC WINDOWS TASKMON EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXEC PROGRAM FILES RFA RFAGENT EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXEC PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YPAGER EXEC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXEC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXEC PROGRAM FILES Revised Hijack Log INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC PROGRAM FILES Revised Hijack Log INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS DESKTOP HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www fmbbzolmklmomnfotnmqyxcu com sD U cFrbrO P htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com au R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page c WINDOWS SYSTEM OOBE BLANK HTMR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page c WINDOWS SYSTEM OOBE BLANK HTMO - BHO Yahoo Revised Hijack Log Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMPANION INSTALLS CPN YCOMP DLLO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCXO - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - BHO no name - C FD ED- C- - F-D F E ED D - C WINDOWS APPLICATION DATA SUPPORT GLOBAL ISO BOLDVIEW EXEO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMPANION INSTALLS CPN YCOMP DLLO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCXO - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exeO - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray ExeO - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrSchemeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMON EXEO - HKLM Run CriticalUpdate C WINDOWS SYSTEM wucrtupd exe -startupO - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorunO - HKLM Run rfagent C PROGRAM FILES RFA rfagent exeO - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run BtStart C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btstart exeO - HKLM RunServices Nisum C Program Files Norton Internet Security NISUM EXEO - HKLM RunServices ScriptBlocking quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Script Blocking SBServ exe quot -regO - Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEO - Extra context menu item Send To amp Bluetooth - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie ctx htmO - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YPAGER EXEO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YPAGER EXEO - Extra button btrez dll - - CCA CA-C - ef- - C D F - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie htmO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem btrez dll - - CCA CA-C - ef- - C D F - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie htmO - Plugin for spop C PROGRA INTERN Plugins NPDocBox dllO - DPF - F - BB - D -FA D F A AB YInstStarter Class - http us dl yimg com download yahoo com nst cabO - DPF Yahoo MahJong Solitaire - http download games yahoo com games clients y mjst x c... Read more

A:Revised Hijack Log

Hi rey910 and welcome to the BC forums. After reviewing your log I see a couple of items that require our attention. Please proceed with the following steps in order.Step #1Start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.fmbbzolmklmomnfotnmqyxcu.com/sD...U0cFrbrO9P.htmlR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...//www.yahoo.comO2 - BHO: (no name) - {C4FD40ED-757C-8556-392F-D5F8E2ED45D6} - C:\WINDOWS\APPLICATION DATA\SUPPORT GLOBAL ISO\BOLDVIEW.EXEO16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} - http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/nocache/funwe...up1.0.0.8-2.cabNow close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.Step #2 We need to make sure all hidden files are showing so please:Open My Computer.Select the View menu and click Folder Options.Select the View tab.In the Hidden files section select Show all files.Click OK.Find the following files/folders and delete them (don't worry if they are already gone):C:\WINDOWS\APPLICATION DATA\SUPPORT GLOBAL ISO\ <--folderWhile still in Safe mode follow these steps to clean out your temporary folders:This process will clean out your Temp files and your Temporary Internet Files. Please do both steps:Step 1:Delete Temp FilesTo clean out your temp files, click on Start and then Run, and type %temp% and press the OK button.This should open up the temp folder that your machine uses. Please delete all files that are found there. If you get an error when deleting a file, skip that file and delete all the others. If you had trouble deleting a file, reboot into Safe Mode and follow this step again. You should now be able to delete all the files.Do this same process for %windir%\temp.Step 2: Delete Temporary Internet FilesNow I want you to click Start then Settings then Control Panel. Double-click the Internet Options icon. At the General tab, which should be the first tab you are currently on. Click on the Delete Files button and put a checkmark in Delete offline content. Then press the OK button. This may take quite a while, so do not be alarmed with how long it takes. When it is done, your Temporary Internet Files will now be deleted.OK. Reboot your computer normally, start HijackThis and perform a new scan. Post your new log file back here as a relpy to this topic and I will review it.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14784/revised-hijack-log/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an infinity foot pedal DB9. I have used it before. I plugged in the foot pedal and then loaded express scribe then ran the controller wizard. The foot pedal is not working. I tried com3 and com4 but realized my printer is plugged into com4 so put the foot pedal on com3. In control panel the foot pedal is on serial R232 and set on com3 and still nothing. I went into Device Manager under ports and Com3 is not listed as being used. Why is my computer not recognizing the foot pedal. I am using Windows XP. I know this foot pedal works because it will work on another computer. I worked on this computer but then I unplugged it and have not used it for a few months. Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/infinity-foot-pedal.907705/
Relevancy 46.01%

Infinity Ward asked COD fans what they wanted in the new upcoming modern warfare 2 game , here are some of the sugestions thay came up with on IW's twiter site , seems everyone hates Trearch as much as me

Feature: 35 Modern Warfare 2 Random Requests - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

A:infinity ward and twiter

I am a Treyarch fan-boy.
just kidding. xD
I would like to see longer and more realistic single-player. That's It.
Movement to be slower, reloading time takes longer than 0.00001 secons...
And few other minor changes.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/219009-infinity-ward-twiter.html
Relevancy 46.01%

How do I switch my foot pedal to accept USB port or sownload something for this. I use a program called SpeechCat Scopist and for some reason since the last time I used the program when I hit f4 to bring up the foot pedal it will not work but I think it's because in the drop down menu of the foot pedal there is only IN-DB9 and IN-USB-1 needs to be in there and it isn't. Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/infinity-foot-pedal.691298/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello friends,

I need Sound and LAN Drivers of my Old HCL System. So please help me in this as early as possible.

Model : HCL Infinity Pro BL - 1090

Thanking you.

A:Looking for Drivers for my Old HCL Infinity Pro BL 1090

As their website completely sucks. You may just want to verify the hardware model and versions in use and get the drivers directly from the manufacturer. You can use software such as SIW to gather all of your hardware information.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/looking-for-drivers-for-my-old-hcl-infinity-pro-bl-1090-a-407629.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Ok if you have the same motherboard as me (DFI infinity 865pe) pease can you post in here.

Also if you have any problems with your motherboard, or if you have any problems wiht your computer using this motherboard can you post in here.

I am trying to see if people have had problems with this motherboard, and i want to see if there is a pettern to this, it could help me very much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/who-has-the-same-motherboard-as-me-dfi-infinity-865pe.366893/
Relevancy 46.01%

My Wi-Fi connection to my BT Infiniy Hub keeps dropping out,yet my Tablet & mobile phone don't have any problem. Is there a setting I need to change,

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/My-Wi-Fi-connection-to-my-BT-Infinity-router-keeps-dropping-out/td-p/464927
Relevancy 46.01%

Modern Warfare 2 The sequal to COD 4 one of the best single player fps games i have ever played.........and ive played em all

Gamereactor TV

A:Infinity Ward are back!!

Oh yeah... that's what I'm talking about!!!

Not out until November though...

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/228908-infinity-ward-back.html
Relevancy 46.01%

HI i'm preaty new to building computers so, i'm having trouble with my aspire case i have all the wires hooked up correctly i think? on my mother board the lower right hand side were the pins are i'm not really sure how to hook them up. i checked my owners manual on my mother board (asus A7v8x) and the case manual . I got my power working the fans turn on but the mouse the key board and monitor WONT turn on every thing else works. Please can some one help me out by sending a pic or something.

A:Aspire X-Infinity Case I need help????

What exactly happens when you hit the power button?

Do you hear a beep from the motherboard?

Any signal at all going to your monitor?

Are there any lights lighting up on your keyboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/aspire-x-infinity-case-i-need-help.34637/
Relevancy 45.58%

NTLDR is compressed This has probabally been posted before but I can't find the thread and this problem is really pissing me off It's kind of urgent I cleaned out a few files in my admin folder what appeared to be extra users other than myself I am the only user admin username James Zagar computer name Ephraim I deleted something like Ephraim user and restarted my computer Well it booted but then started telling me that I had insfficient privelege to install and modify folders I attempted to recover my gateway computer with the provided recover disk and it stoped mid recover and told me it could not load a bunch of stuff I restarted and it prompted me to press F for recover and then immediatly told me that quot NTLDR is compressed press ctrl alt del to restart quot I can now fully recover but the os will not boot I have no floppy drive only universal card usb reader and a hard disk drive This was kind of a long explanation sorry but I need compressed is NTLDR (revised) help urgently

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ntldr-is-compressed-revised-198067.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello again everyone! I decided to get a better graphics card and an Intel CPU, but that meant cutting back on the other components. So here's my revised list:

Motherboard:
ASRock ConRoeXFire-eSATA2 LGA 775 Intel 945P ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Case:
Cooler Master Centurion 5 - Silver ATX Mid-Tower Case with Front USB, Firewire and Audio Ports

PSU:
Coolmax / CX-550B / Black / 550-Watt / ATX / 120mm Fan / SATA-Ready / 20/24-Pin

HDD:
Western Digital / Caviar SE / 160GB / 7200 / 8MB / SATA-300 / OEM / Hard Drive

RAM:
OCZ Dual Channel XTC 2048MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHz Gamer Memory

Graphics card:
GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB

CPU:
Intel Core2 Duo E4400 2.0GHz / 2MB Cache / 800MHz FSB / Conroe / OEM / Socket 775 / Processor

So... What do you think?

A:Revised new systems components - what do you think?

Can anyone tell me whether these parts will work together? I need help as this is the first system I've built!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/revised-new-systems-components-what-do-you-think.602613/
Relevancy 45.58%

I need help I dont know how to fix this problem I am having with my cpu I am running a Dell with Windows XP My ISP is Roadrunner Everything is running slowly or sluggish My Browser please I Virus/Malware?? revised help need freezes Internet Explorer Even with pop-up blocker set Virus/Malware?? I need help please revised at high and seeing very few pop-ups IE has been opening and dozens of tabs open one after another This just started within the last couple weeks Shut internet connection off and end task now to get IE to close I also get a pop up that says Warning your computer contains various signs of virus and malicious programs presence and then some ridiculous pop ups happen and I constantly get virus and spyware removal pop ups I appreciate any help or advice Thank You DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Barkley at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV The Shield Deluxe Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Program Files PCSecurityShield BitDefender vsserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files PCSecurityShield BitDefender bdagent exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Registry Mechanic RegMech exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files PCSecurityShield BitDefender seccenter exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Barkley Desktop dds pif Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search yahoo com search p searchTerms amp ei utf- amp fr b ie mSearch Page mStart Page hxxp www google com mSearch Bar hxxp red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sb sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll mWinlogon Userinit c windows system Userinit exe BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO NoExplorer - No File BHO c fd c-cb - b - - ef f e - c windows system CDDBControlRoxi dll BHO f d - - c b-b -a e c a a c - e a- b-b c - d f - c windows system etxyvs dll BHO d cb -c cd- c f-bfdc- b afbdc c - c windows system nnnOgfDw dll BHO f e - bdf- - ee -b c cf - c windows system qoMcbyVp dll BHO SingleInstance Class fdad da - a - fd - c - f ac - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll TB The Shield Deluxe Toolbar ffde - - f -b d-fc a f c - c program files pcsecurityshield bitdefender IEToolbar dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll TB B B -DF B- AC-BBE -BCC A B B - No File EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun RegistryMechanic c program files registry mechanic RegMech exe H mRun Symantec PIF AlertEng quot c program files common files symantec shared pif b e dd - - c -b f- f fca a pifsvc exe quot a m quot c program files common files symantec shared pif b e dd - - c -b f- f fca a AlertEng dll quot mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun BDAgent quot c program files pcsecurityshield bitdefender bdagent exe quot mRun BitDefender Antiphishing Helper quot c program files pcsecurityshield bitdefender IEShow exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun d a rundll exe quot c windows system kbrmwvfd dll quot b IE amp... Read more

A:Virus/Malware?? I need help please revised

Hello, swaguy34
Welcome to TSF

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .

We Need to Run ComboFix

Note to readers of this post other than the starter of this thread:
ComboFix is a VERY POWERFUL tool which should NOT BE USED without guidance of an expert.

If this tool helped you, please consider a donation to it's author:

How to run ComboFix:
Please download ComboFix from one of the following mirrors, and save it to your desktop.This is a mirror.
This is another mirror.
This is yet another mirror.

Disable any running Anti-Virus or Anti-Malware programs. This includes Firewalls, Anti-Virus, Spyware Scanners, etc. Any or all of them may interfere with the running of ComboFix.
Double click on your desktop.
Read and accept (Press Yes) to the disclaimer.
For Windows XP Systems: Install the Recovery Console:If you are using Windows XP and do not already have the Recovery Console installed, please ensure your internet connection is active (if possible), and press Yes. If for some reason your internet is not working, please press No. If you are not using Windows XP, you will not be prompted.
When prompted to accept the EULA, press OK.
Accept Microsoft's EULA (Press Yes).
When you are told that the RC is installed correctly, please press YES to continue scanning for malware.

ComboFix will run. Simply wait for it to finish.
When it finishes, ComboFix will produce a log. Please post that log in your next reply here :)

NOTE: If ComboFix will not run, please rename it to GlobRemover.exe and try again!

We need to scan for Rootkits with GMERPlease download GMER from one of the following mirrors:This is the Primary mirror
This is a Secondary mirror
This is a Secondary mirror

Close any and all open programs, as this process may crash your computer.
Unzip the downloaded file to your desktop.
Double click on your desktop.
Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
You may see this window. If you do, click No.

Click on and wait for the scan to finish.
If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
Push and save the logfile to your desktop.
Copy and Paste the contents of that file in your next post.

In your next reply, please include the following:ComboFix.txt
GMER's Log

BillyIII

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/virus-malware-i-need-help-please-revised-347830.html
Relevancy 45.58%

It seems that someone has access to my email password At first I Hacking Problem (revised) thought there was only a site error so I tried logging into my blog The same thing happened I recovered the password of my email and then did the same for my blog Hacking Problem (revised) The hacker didn't really tamper with my email or anything he she did empty my blog's inbox which though a pain isn't all that extreme Around half an hour later though my email's password was changed again I then changed my passwords again but using a different computer this Hacking Problem (revised) time The hacking has stopped so I believe that it's only my laptop that's affected Please help I really need my laptop back ASAP for school BTW I don't have an installation disk Hacking Problem (revised) or a boot disk for my infected computer Ah and if possible can I know how my laptop was hacked DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by r at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT - AV AVG Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF SP AVG Internet Security enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF SP Windows Defender enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF FW AVG Firewall enabled decf - - -b a-d d b Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system agrsmsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgfws exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgam exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows system PSIService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Toshiba TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER TNaviSrv exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TosCoSrv exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows System Drivers WTSRV EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files Toshiba FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows System WTClient exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Toshiba TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Users r AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exe C Program Files FireLion Softwares Anti Keyloggers sAntiKeyloggers exe C Program Files FireLion Softwares Anti Keyloggers AntiKeyloggers exe D dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com ph uURLSearc... Read more

A:Hacking Problem (revised)

Hello sorakusanagi,

If you still require assistance, establish an internet connection & perform an online scan with Firefox or Internet Explorer at Kaspersky Online Scanner

**Note**

To optimize scanning time and produce a more sensible report for review: Close any open programs
Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan.
Click Accept, when prompted to download and install the program files and database of malware definitions.Click Run at the Security prompt.
The program will then begin downloading and installing and will also update the database.
Please be patient as this can take several minutes.
Once the update is complete, click on My Computer under the green Scan bar to the left to start the scan.
Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected. It does not provide an option to clean/disinfect. We only require a report from it.
Do NOT be alarmed by what you see in the report. Many of the finds have likely been quarantined.
Click View scan report at the bottom.
Click the Save Report As... button.
Click the Save as Text button to save the file to your desktop so that you may post it in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/hacking-problem-revised-433007.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok Guys after reading through lots of reviews and also taking into consideration a lot of your valuable comments I've come up with the following spec that I am thinking of going for. Please let me know if this is OK.

Intel Core I5-750 (I thought about the I7 860 but on the price scale this is as far as i can push)

MSI P55 GD 65
1 TB Seagate SATA
2*2GB Kingston DDR3
Samsung P2350 24" Monitor
Samsung SATA 22x DVD RW
Logitech KB+Mouse
Powercolor ATI RAdeon HD 5850
Coolermaster cabinet
Cooler master 650W PSU (I thought about the corsair but its too expensive in this part of the world. Costs as much as a Gigabyte UD2 motherboard!!)

Okay considering the coolermaster extreme power plus low efficiency I amgoing with the corsair
Coolermaster Hyper 212+

A:Revised System configuration

everything looks great but you wouldn't be able to go cross-fire with that PSU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/revised-system-configuration.142123/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am getting the following error message x referenced memory at x The memory could not read Click on OK to firefox.exe Problems (revised) terminate the program Also I keep getting re-directed to firefox.exe Problems (revised) add websites while on Firefox Gotta add that I have had some malware issues lately including the one that mimics the Windows XP Security Center Any ideas on how to fix will be most appreciated This was my initial post I have since reinstalled Mozilla and immediately got a re-direct to an ad sight Here is my HJT Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C firefox.exe Problems (revised) WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common firefox.exe Problems (revised) Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Spyware Terminator sp rsser exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files IObit IObit Security IS tray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files IObit IObit Security is exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run HitmanPro quot C Program Files Hitman Pro HitmanPro exe quot scan boot O - HKLM Run IObit Security quot C Program Files IObit IObit Security IS tray exe quot autostart O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Service Avira AntiVir Scheduler AntiVirSchedulerService - Avira GmbH - C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe O - Service Avira AntiVir Guard AntiVirService - Avira GmbH - C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe O - Service AOL Connectivity Service AOL ACS - AOL LLC - C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe O - Service AOL TopSpeed Monitor AOL TopSpeedMonitor - America Online Inc - C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe O - Service Canon Camera Access Library CCALib - Canon Inc - C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe O - Service Symantec Lic NetConnect service CLTNetCnService - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe file missing O - Service Google Update Service gupdate gupdate - Google Inc - C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service ZoneAlarm Toolbar IswSvc IswSvc - Check Point Software Technologies - C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exe O - Service Java Quick Starter JavaQuickStarterService - Sun Microsystems Inc - C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe O - Service McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager mcupdmgr exe - Unknown owner - C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdmgr exe file missing O - Service McAfee com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine MCVSRte - Unknown owner - c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe file missing O - Service Sony SPTI Service SPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SPTISRV exe O - Service Spyware Terminator Realtime Shield Service sp rssrv - Crawler com - C Program Files Spyware Terminator sp rsser exe O - Service SonicStage SCSI Service SSScsiSV - Sony Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SS... Read more

Relevancy 45.58%

Alright I last posted here looking for advice on input welcome build, Revised building a computer I just got home about a week ago and I m ready Revised build, input welcome to buy but before I buy I was hoping you guys could check out my new build It was recommended by a buddy but I kinda trust you guys here more than him If you could give me any input that would be appreciated Here s my old build Mobo ASRock Z Extreme LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Mobo CPU Intel Core i - K Ivy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I K RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Z Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL Q- GBZL GPU GIGABYTE GV-N OC- GD GeForce GTX GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Total Here s my new build Mobo ASUS SABERTOOTH Z LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel CPU Intel Core i - K Ivy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo LGA W Quad-Core RAM CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR GPU EVGA SuperClocked G-P - -KR GeForce GTX GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Here s the case hard drives PSU and other crap that I ve chosen Case Rosewill THOR V Gaming ATX PSU CORSAIR HX Series HX W ATX V SSD SAMSUNG Series MZ- PC B WW quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD HDD Western Digital WD Black WD FAEX TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Display Asus VE H Black quot Full HD HDMI LED Backlight LCD Monitor w Speakers OS Windows bit I wanna spend around and a link to my new build if you wanna see the specs Thanks nbsp

A:Revised build, input welcome

Regarding your link to your new build, you will have to make your wishlist public.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/revised-build-input-welcome.186467/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I have installed on my Windows XP SP machine - Revised W32/Autorun.worm.gen McAfee SecurityCenter Version VirusScan Version PersonFirewall Version All of which should be up to date and protecting my system Doesn't seem to be doing me a lot of good though with this W Autorun worm gen virus Put simply McAfee software seems to find and quot delete quot part of this worm when it installs itself as a user logs into windows McAfee doesn't however seem to delete the source or even the virus W32/Autorun.worm.gen - Revised itself and the McAfee virus scan tells me my system is clean of malware when I do a full system scan From what I have read this virus loads itself into any drive that auto loads to a system and it's doing exactly that I'm finding hidden quot System ex quot e files are being loaded on to my flask drives of which a windows user or McAfee can't delete so I load the infected flask drive to my mac and delete the virus there It's apparent to me that this virus has been patched to evade detection and deletion by McAfee and likely other virus software At this point I would like any advice that would help me location or resolve the source of this problem All input is appreciated Also this is a revised post from my original W Autorun worm gen post an admin can delete the original W Autorun worm gen post if they like DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Reactor at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated FW Webroot Internet Security Essentials disabled FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled Running Processes C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity WRConsumerService exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files GIGABYTE EnergySaver GSvr exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan McShield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ D Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc D Program Files NVIDIA Corporation System Update UpdateCenterService exe C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeper exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files lg fwupdate fwupdate exe C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe C Program Files Genie-Soft GBMHome GBMAgent exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe D Program Files TRENDnet MFP Server Control Center exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe D Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeperUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe D Program Files SlySoft Game Jackal GJ exe C WINDOWS TEMP rdl tmp C WINDOWS system rundll exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SSU EXE C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS mcvsshld exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe D Program Files TrippLite PowerAlert engine pa exe D Program Files TrippLite PowerAlert console pastatus exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C Documents and Settings Allen Dutra Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uInter... Read more

A:W32/Autorun.worm.gen - Revised

Hello Reactor89,

If you still require assistance, please run a new scan with dds.com and post a fresh dds.txt. We can then get started.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/w32-autorun-worm-gen-revised-338632.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Cods gonna be great, cods Graphics are amazing......
Whats the point, No custom mods, no Dedi Servers,
Forget Tak Realism, Obscurity,

FORGET MODS ALTOGETHER UNLESS WE CAN CHANGE THEIR MINDS>:

Even to all you Non pc gamers, help us out if you think its unfair.

Click the Link and read the petition........

Be one of many to rise up against Infinity Ward and thier Greedy Decision.

Thank you Neb.
Cod Name; SEPHIROTH

Oh yeah and Hitler is angry TOO

Relevancy 45.15%

Supossed to be running on XP Home Edition SP2. Mobo P4R800-VM Primary IDE Master WDC-WD800BB-00JHC0, Secondery Master Sony CD-RW CRX

BIOS 080009
Build Date 10.20.03
Processor INTEL PENTIUM 4 CPU 2.60GHz
Speed 2593 count ` memory 448mb the problem is as follows
TRAP 00000006 exception TR=0028 cr0=0000000011, cr2=00000000, cr3=000000000 GDT limit=03ff base=00017000 idt limit=07ff base=00017400 CS:eip=0008:08000000 ss:esp=0010:00061fec errcode=0000 flags=000100012 nocy nozr intdis down trapdis eax=0000110c ebx0003001d5 ecx=00001660 cdx=534d0030 ds-0010 es=0010 edi=00350000 exi=00051db6 ebp=00061ff0 cr0=00000011 fs=0030 gs=0000
i changed the hard drive to this present one as other one went wonky not sure what happened and y ? any help wud b gratefull cheers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-needed-infinity-mobo-p4r800-vm-221798.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Does anyone know if there is a what to export customer data (EMAIL,FAX NUMBERS, ACCOUNT NAME, etc) from UltraComm to Excel or Access? I am working off an older version of Infinity 5.1 i believe. I am trying to export the data to PI and cutting and pasting info is taking forever. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exporting-data-in-infinity-ultracomm.930897/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Guys, does anybody know where can I find driver of this webcam? infinity amp webcam iwb-2003

My friend bought me that webcam,but I lost the cd installer.so I can't use it. I really need webcam for my PC. If you know any links where I can download the installer of this webcam,that will definitely help me. Thank you! hope you can help me.

A:Infinity amp webcam iwb-2003 driver

Hi portaltreaf

Read through this thread and if you still can't find your driver, post the details on the thread so we can find it for you. http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic123880.html

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/infinity-amp-webcam-iwb-2003-driver.126117/
Relevancy 45.15%

Evening all,

I'm having one hell of a hard time trying to remove my scythe infinity.... and tips from fellow users? It's on socket 775 with the push pins... I've literally shredded my hands trying to twist the pins so I can pull them up.

-Ed

Relevancy 45.15%

Up until a few days ago I had no problems with my wireless internet connection.
Ihave Bt Infinity. I have two computers a desktop operating on Windows xp and a laptop.
There is no problem with the laptop and am getting download speeds around 38 to 40 Mbps
However on the desktop the download speed has dropped to 3 to 4 Mbps and the connection cuts off every ten or 15 minutes. The only way I can get it back is to unplug and reinstall my netgear adapter.
Any help on resolving this issue would be much appreciated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bt-infinity-slow-and-connecting-keeps-dropping-out.195141/
Relevancy 45.15%

At the moment I am on sky broadband. I had an Openreach engineer visit this week and he advised me that the cable connecting from the cabinet to my property, a distance of about 500 yards, seems faulty.
The reason for the diagnosis was that my adsl connection lost 1.5meg in speed from the cabinet to the property.
He told sky that they should have some underground work done but they wont do it so I am moving to BT infinity.
So, the question is, if the cable from cabinet to property is faulty for adsl broadband, will it have an adverse effect on BT infinity speeds?
Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 45.15%

I have an HP HDX premium notebook bit which I purchased in August ' It came with Vista but upgraded as soon as possible to Windows Ultimate free upgrade was part of the purchase deal I think it is OEM I had a problem in May of with the system not accepting windows updates and was directed to do a complete reinstall ie starting with the vista then the upgrade so I assume this is not the full retail version in - all (revised attachments) BSOD's 4 days w/ different 3 Other than this I have not had any serious problems till now However in the last few days I have gotten blue screens for no apparent reason I have attached the required information In addition here is what I have done to troubleshoot I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic from Administrative Tools and it indicated the memory had no problems I ran virus scans Malware Bytes and 3 BSOD's in 4 days - all different (revised w/ attachments) Kaspersky Anti-Virus Tool and no viruses were identified Recent new hardware a logictech m mouse weeks ago amp driver appears fine a new power cord purchased on ebay weeks ago but with the exact same model number as the original an old line conditioner - connected or days before first bsod hasn t been used in several years but appears to be functioning fine - but timing here correlates with bsod's Today I disconnected it Could any of these be causing the problem I am hoping someone can put all this information together to help me identify the probable cause of the blue screens Thanks for your help

A:3 BSOD's in 4 days - all different (revised w/ attachments)

Hi, chayden; welcome to the forum. I looked at you three most recent dumps. Each has a different error code and each indicates memory corruption. Thus you will have to troubleshoot by a process of elimination.

To begin this process, I recommend that you uninstall Kaspersky using this removal tool: Tool. Kaspersky is a known cause of BSOD's on some Win 7 systems. ONce your system is stable, you can try Kaspersky again; but I do not recommend doing so. Download and install Microsoft Security Essentials while you are troubleshooting and make sure Windows Firewall is turned on.

You have three outdated drivers loaded on your system. Two of them are quite obsolete. Outdated drivers can and do cause conflicts, memory corruption and BSOD's. Update or rename these drivers.

Quote:
enecir.sys Thu Sep 04 05:47:58 2008 - ENE Consumer IR Driver for eHome. OEM - none at http://www.ene.com.tw/en/index.asp. You can try to update this driver through the HP website. If there is no update availalbe, rename the driver. See note below.

HpqKbFiltr.sys Wed Apr 29 09:48:30 2009 - HP Quick Launch Buttons HpqKbFiltr Keyboard Filter driver. http://www.hp.com/#Support. Update ths driver.

MRESP50a64.SYS Sat Nov 19 03:14:28 2005 - NDIS Protocol kernel driver. I was unable to find manufacturer of this driver. Motive? It is way obsolete and is an XP driver. I suggest that you rename this driver and see what it breaks.

Note
Renaming drivers: Create a restore point. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers, locate the driver and rename it from .sys to .old. Reboot and the driver will not load. If you do not find the driver, do a search of your C: drive for the specific driver.

Uninstall Kaspsersky and update or rename these three drivers. Reboot ans let's see how your system runs. Update us and let us know. If you get another BSOD, upload it and we will go from there.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c11000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e4ee50
Debug session time: Sun Dec 12 13:00:30.994 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:42:07.054
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {fffffa7ff5afffd8, 2, 1, fffff80002ca23a4}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUnlinkFreeOrZeroedPage+1ca )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa7ff5afffd8, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = wr... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/131409-3-bsods-4-days-all-different-revised-w-attachments.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I continued to try to register and was successful this time. I had a 2009 Acer which was registered on the Acer site. Now I have a new Acer and am unable to register it as the error message is returned that the serial number is invalid. I have tried all upercase alpha and all lowercase alpha and I have confirmed the number against the acer sticker on the shipping box. Suggestions?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/REVISED-Cannot-register-new-Aspire-V-15-quot-serial-number-is/td-p/446498
Relevancy 45.15%

I continued to try to register and was successful this time. I had a 2009 Acer which was registered on the Acer site. Now I have a new Acer and am unable to register it as the error message is returned that the serial number is invalid. I have tried all upercase alpha and all lowercase alpha and I have confirmed the number against the acer sticker on the shipping box. Suggestions?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Cannot-register-new-Aspire-V-15-quot-serial-number-is-invalid/td-p/446498
Relevancy 45.15%

Sorry for not reading the instructions properly I hope i have done it right this time Im having problems getting rid of this party poker pop up ive tried lots of differnet scans and have had no luck Ive ran the tests advised and here is the results DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Jon Hazelden at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate GMT AV Trend poker Revised for up pop Thread party Micro Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe Revised Thread for party poker pop up C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Revised Thread for party poker pop up System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system brsvc a exe C Windows system brss a exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files ASUS AASP aaCenter exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exe C Windows system AEADISRV EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files ASUS AI Suite AiNap AiNap exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation System Update UpdateCenterService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files bin nSvcAppFlt exe C Program Files bin nSvcIp exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil a exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Jon Hazelden Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live ... Read more

A:Revised Thread for party poker pop up

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Thanks for providing the required logs.

We will begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Note: Please make sure that your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications are re-enabled. A reboot should have done

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/revised-thread-for-party-poker-pop-up-349946.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I want to insert several Infinity symbols into an Excel spreadsheet, and read that to do so one must use "ALT" followed by 2, 3, 6, and then release the "ALT" key. As I remember it, Infinity looks like a figure 8 turned on its side, but when I carry out the above routine it comes up with a letter like this: ý
Can anyone assist me to find the correct Infinity symbol via my keyboard? (I am using Windows 7) Many thanks.

Relevancy 44.72%

I did as directed and saved HijackThis to a permanent file I want to warn you in advance I have tried a few registry cleaning progames as you will see on the log I will make whatever chages you recommend andwill do nothing further until I hear from you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Email: Logfile Up Follow Revised Previous To Explorer Follow Up To Previous Email: Revised Logfile v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Iomega System AppServices exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mclogsrv exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcupdmgr exec program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mctskshd exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcusrmgr exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WLService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WMP Gv exeC Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADService exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exec progra intern iexplore exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Arovax AntiSpyware arovaxantispyware exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Hijackthis perm HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO del icio us Toolbar Helper - AA AE - EF- EC- CA- D CD CCDB - C Program Files del icio us Internet Explorer Buttons dlcsIE dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - Toolbar del icio us - FE A - C- - F-C BC CB - C Program Files del icio us Internet Explorer Buttons dlcsIE dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run BHR C Program Files Zamaan's Software Browser Hijack Retaliator BHR exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeO - Global Startup KaBoom Popup Blocker lnk C Program Files Binnsware Inc KaBoom Popup Blocker IEAgent exeO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra button WeatherBug - AF CABAB- F - f -A -B D EF CB - C PROGRA AWS WEATHE Weather exe HKCU O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF ED - B- DA -BF -BE C EC Windows Live Safety Center Base Module - http cdn scan safety live com resource d lscbase cabO - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - Service McAfee E-mail Proxy Emproxy - McAfee Inc - C PROGRA COMMON McAfee EmProxy emproxy exeO - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exeO - Service IEAgentSvc - Binns and Company Software Inc - C Program Files Binnswa... Read more

A:Follow Up To Previous Email: Revised Logfile

Do not start new threads - stay with this thread and do fast replies to it and NOT a new thread!You did not post the log from fixwareout as I requested herehttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78113/ie-google-websearch-redirected-and-many-popups/You must follow our directions or things will no go smoothly============================You have done somethings to your log since the last post which makes it difficult to help you=====================Please Download NoLop to your desktop from http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/forum/index....tpmod;dl=item16 First close any other programs you have running as this will require a reboot? Double click NoLop.exe to run it? Now click the button labelled "Search and Destroy"<>? When scanning is finished you will be prompted to reboot only if infected, Click OK? Now click the "REBOOT" Button.? A Message should popup from NoLop. If not, double click the program again and it will finish Please Post the contents of C:\NoLop.log along with a fresh HijackThis log--If you receive an error, "mscomctl.ocx or one of its dependencies are not correctly registered," please download mscomctl.ocx to your system32 folder then rerun the program. -===================Download Superantispywarehttp://www.superantispyware.com/superantis...efreevspro.html Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.? It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes.? Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.? Click the Scanning Control tab.? Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:o Close browsers before scanningo Scan for tracking cookieso Terminate memory threats before quarantining.o Please leave the others unchecked.o Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.? On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.? On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.? On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.? Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.? After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.? Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.? It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.? To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.o Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.o It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).o Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.? Click close and close again to exit the program.? Please paste that information here for me with a new HijackThis log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78503/follow-up-to-previous-email-revised-logfile/
Relevancy 44.72%

My computer is satellite pro P60 PSA65E, it is not young but the bios is ver 1.90 dated released 03/04/2005
It seems odd that this would be the last version. Is it?
Gaston

A:Satellite Pro P60 PSA65E - BIOS not revised since 2005?

No. Why?

This is very old notebook model so there is no reason for BIOS update.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?85268-Satellite-Pro-P60-PSA65E-BIOS-not-revised-since-2005
Relevancy 44.72%

Sandy bridge boards have arrived back on the shelves relatively fast.
Newegg has 21 Sandy Bridge boards listed as of this posting.
Newegg.com - Computer Hardware,Motherboards,Intel Motherboards,LGA 1155

A:The revised Intel Sandy Bridge B3 boards are in.

Update:
Newegg has 30 Sandy Bridge B3 boards listed as of this posting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/149968-revised-intel-sandy-bridge-b3-boards.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Unchecked Buffer in DirectX Could Enable System Compromise (819696)

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/...in/MS03-030.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/revised-microsoft-security-bulletin-ms03-030.157947/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi!

So I have an "Infinity USB" (s/n:020019804) and an
"Infinity USB Phoenix compatible" (s/n:021042244).

I don't know if the serial number will help...but I included
it any way...

thx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-to-find-drivers-and-software-for-infinity-usb-chip-reader.141434/
Relevancy 44.29%

HP Pavillion dv9720us. About 6 years old. I've been running Windows 7 for about 2 years with minimal problems. I can't download the diagnostic tools because it crashes too quickly. We recently moved and switched to AT&T 6mg DSL. We had Comcast 20mb non-DSL cable before. I can connect to the wireless DSL just fine, but this must somehow be causing my BSOD issue. I took screenshots with my iphone that i will post all details from. THANKS!!

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

BCCode: d1
BCP1: 00000030
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 8D4488A5
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\010813-23821-01.dmp
C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-55629-0.sysdata.xml

A:BSOD reboots within 3 minutes x infinity. New DSL service. BCCode d1

As per Carrona.org, STOP 0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Usual causes: Device driver

For going any further, we need more information. Please post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/273608-bsod-reboots-within-3-minutes-x-infinity-new-dsl-service-bccode-d1.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Any one else faced with this prospect?
Yesterday I brought my new quad pro Windows Vista 64 machine home only to find out, it couldn't see any of the other computers on my network.

I've been using Windows XP print and file sharing up until now. It would connect all my machines including an iMac. The only exception was Fedora, a variant of Linux.

I was just wondering if any of you had experience connecting various OS's to a LAN. I don't want to do anything complicated, just print and file sharing.

I found this reference, but just wondered what any of the rest of you might be doing.

http://www.cnet.com.au/desktops/0,23...9289508,00.htm

Revised:
I search some more and found a simpler way to do this.
I just had to find out where to change the workgroup!

Here's the reference.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727037(TechNet.10).aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/revised-file-sharing-between-xp-vista-and-os-x-on-a-local-network.732062/
Relevancy 44.29%

My computer came with Windows no other software to my knowledge I then added various programs including Office I have in my backups from a previous computer some MS Publisher docs In an idle moment I attempted to open one of those documents and much to my surprise it opened it Publisher Doc settings in (Revised) Solved: Wrap current in what appears to be the current version of Publisher The doc has thumbnail images layered over text boxes and in the version I had it neatly wrapping the text around the Solved: Wrap settings in current Publisher Doc (Revised) image Like this http i photobucket com albums ag Albany Oz Freecycle Publisherquery zps b f e jpg However with the version that is somehow on my computer it has the text behind the image Inj quot Wrap Text quot quot In line with text quot gives me the text to the right of the image but only a single line level with the bottom of the image Like this http i photobucket com albums ag Albany Oz Freecycle Publisherquer y zpsa c jpg In the quot Wrap Text quot drop-down there is only one option other than quot In line with text quot that is not greyed out It is quot More layout options quot but none of them appear to help In comparing with Word the options quot Square quot quot Tight quot and quot Through quot all seem to work in Word but in Publisher while those options are present they are greyed out So the problem comes down too how can I make those options actionable Incidentally I ve tried on a friend s computer one with the latest Publisher installed and it also has those critical options greyed out The only similarity between the computers is the OS both W Is this problem solvable nbsp

A:Solved: Wrap settings in current Publisher Doc (Revised)

No answer from anyone, but I think I understand what happened, so reporting back in case someone else has the same query any time. It seems that, in converting a Publisher 2000 document, Publisher 365 can't handle a conversion of 'Wrap Text'. I've tried starting a completely new doc in 365 and all of the 'Wrap Text' options are available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wrap-settings-in-current-publisher-doc-revised.1142504/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I am trying out windows backup 7 System includes Windows non image system - Backup disk hoping at last that I won't need a rd party backup solution Windows 7 Backup - System image includes non system disk So far so bad My first problem is how ridicilously slow the backup is but this has been discussed at length elsewhere My second problem is the backup stalls when I try to backup a folder which I know has got various bits of malware in I am an IT pro and use the files in this folder for Windows 7 Backup - System image includes non system disk testing purposes OK fair enough I guess although I think the backup should handle this event a bit more elegantly So I've zipped and password protected the offending files to hide them from the AV security essentials by the way The final problem which I just can't understand is that when I try to create an image of my system drive backup wants to add my D drive which is purely a data drive to the image My D drive is huge and I don't want to include it in a system image I keep my system drive lean and mean for exactly this purpose but now I can't back it up because the total size of C and D drives combined exceed the capacity of my backup drive I know for a fact that the D drive has no consequence to the system boooting or operating I have disconnected it and windows boots up just fine In computer management the D Drive is not showing up as a system drive so why does windows think it is And why isn't there a power user mode wher I can choose exactly what I want in a system image I understand you're trying to make windows easy to use for the average Joe but this lack of functionality and in depth control feels more like a Mac than windows and I hate macs So can anyone shed any light as to why my D drive is being flagged as a system disk otherwise it's back to rd party solutions AGAIN Thanks

A:Windows 7 Backup - System image includes non system disk

I suggest you check your hard drive jumpers. There should be only one Active drive. If you disconnect the data partition the Active partition will be changed. We are not clear why the partition will be Active partition when you connect it.
You may open Disk Management, set the 100MB system served partition or your Windows partition as Active and check the result again.Arthur Xie - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b8e726fc-9f95-4416-9212-7e24b01a111c/windows-7-backup-system-image-includes-non-system-disk?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi Guys I have a REAL newbie question I ve tried reading a bunch of tutorials but they re a little over my head I think my question is pretty basic but Motherboard BIOS Drivers INCLUDES Update and Windows on M2A-VM? Update after Windows Update INCLUDES Motherboard Drivers and BIOS Update on M2A-VM? a couple hours research hopefully someone here would be kind enough to help I have an M A-VM motherboard and my system keeps freezing up no input from keyboard or mouse no ctl-alt-del nothing It freezes intermittently but never goes more than hours without freezing sometimes freezes in a few seconds with minutes being the average time it works before freezing Seems to freeze more often immediately when I m using the mouse than any other time but it will freeze on it s own just idling if you give it enough time I ve read a few things including updating bios and downloading the latest motherboard drivers My problem starts when I go to download the mobo drivers from this page ASUSTeK Computer Inc -Support- It lists driver updates there for my motherboard files found Qualified Vendor List BIOS BIOS History BIOS-Utilities Chipset AUDIO LAN Utilities Manual And apparently I m missing these Windows Updates Q - Important Q - Important Q - Critical Q - Important Q - Important Q - Moderate Question Do I download all Surely my machine can t need updates How do I know which ones to download and install Question Will a windows update select the appropriate motherboard drivers from this list or is that unrelated Question Will a windows update automatically select these particular updates for me or do I need to do anything manually to get them Question How do I update BIOS Which to choose there are listed above Is this something a professional should do or is it simple enough for a guy like me If anyone takes mercy on me and responds I ll be eternally grateful and I ll promise to help a lost soul in the future as repayment I ll take any help I can get Here are my specs Processor gigahertz AMD Athlon X Dual Core kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board ASUSTeK Computer INC M A-VM XX BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD ASUS M A-VM ACPI BIOS Revision Chipset Support AMD Socket AM Athlon Athlon FX Athlon X Sempron RAM Megabytes Usable Installed Memory OS Windows Professional build Thanks guys

A:Windows Update INCLUDES Motherboard Drivers and BIOS Update on M2A-VM?

I have the same board on another pc.

You only need to download and install only that which would make your setup current.

You really only need to update the bios if you will be moving up to a newer processor that is not currently supported by the current bios or if the newer bios fixes a known problem.

You need the latest motherboard chipset driver. (I would install this first if you haven't already)

You need the latest LAN driver.

The audio driver you can either download from Asus or from RealTek.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/90093-windows-update-includes-motherboard-drivers-bios-update-m2a-vm.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello techies!

I am running windows 7 pro 32 bit, MS office 2007. I have gents using Olympus dictaphones which record as DSS files. I can't seem to get the DSS files to work with Express Scribe. It is the latest version on the web, I d/l it straight from the NCH website. any ideas? It's driving me crazy!

I have been to their web site and d/l something called dss.exe, dss.dll, and other dss "codecs", "plugins" etc from their website but still no joy.

Thank you in advance - you guys are great!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/express-scribe-dss-files-and-infinity-usb-foot-pedal-problems.1001500/
Relevancy 43.86%

Edit - CPU model revised for a porper CPU X nbsp it's st time come here but i need a quick answer to a question related date block about CPU for Qestion Z600 model) (Revised boot to CPU amp Memory supporting - nbsp I try to obtain a used Z workststion for editing projects originally nbsp fitted with DDR GB x nbsp E x Nvidia NVS x G HD x being offered by a seller nbsp Seller managed to sent me a photo capture part of the bios it writes boot block date c revision board nbsp My question is - nbsp is it possible to run dual X Westmere core Qestion about Z600 boot block date (Revised for CPU model) CPus using stock heatsinks kit No WG AA nbsp is it possible to run max GB x GB DDR - ECC Registered Ram nbsp Note that both Cpus and Ram will most likely obtain from after-market sellers other than designated HP distributers nbsp See attached jpeg for snap shot of system bios boot block date nbsp nbsp Kindly i need a quick reply or the Z offer will slip away fast nbsp Regards nbsp PM

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Qestion-about-Z600-boot-block-date-Revised-for-CPU-model/td-p/5682114
Relevancy 43.86%

Revised April to include new category of malware removal trainee New assistance April removal regarding rules Revised malware - 10, 2007 I just wanted to inform everyone of a change that has just been implemented regarding malware removal in order Revised April 10, 2007 - New rules regarding malware removal assistance to ensure that users receive the best quality assistance and to avoid any confusion Only members who are deemed qualified to remove malware may post to security related threads These members can be easily recognized by a gold shield or a blue shield indicating a trainee that will appear next to their user name A paragraph has also been added to the forum rules that reads as follows Log Analysis Malware Removal - In order to ensure that advice given to users is consistent and of the highest quality those who wish to assist with security related matters must first graduate from one of the malware boot camp training universities or be approved by the administration as already being qualified Those authorized to help with malware issues have a gold shield next to their name and authorized malware removal trainees have a blue shield next to their names Anyone wishing to participate in a training program should contact a Moderator for more information nbsp

A:Revised April 10, 2007 - New rules regarding malware removal assistance

The list of those who are qualified can be viewed at the following link.

http://forums.techguy.org/showgroups.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/revised-april-10-2007-new-rules-regarding-malware-removal-assistance.496737/
Relevancy 43.43%

Thanks in advance for your help it is very appreciated I accidentally accessed a video file that had a trojan in it I've tried combofix and sdfix exe previously and neither have worked I've tried avg spyware and virus Malwares spybot adaware and none of them detect or allow me to remove the infection Please Help I Do Not have boot disk however I have factory recovery install built into the board I think I can F a boot maybe I receive a popup every minutes from Trojan Infecting Revised HELP!? - Horse System Generic15.AVLU XP my svchost.exe AVG web shield alert stating quot threat detected quot File Name inst exe File Name C Windows temp kxdn tmp File Name C Windows temp whut tmp Threat Name Trojan Horse Generic AVLU Process Name C Windows system svchost exe Process Trojan Horse Generic15.AVLU svchost.exe Infecting my XP System - HELP!? Revised ID Instructions DDS as requested and attached logs DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Running Processes C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Sprint Mobile Broadband SMBAUtilSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin AskService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system dlcxcoms exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgam exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Webroot Washer WasherSvc exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer memcard exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files VIA VIAudioi EnvyADeck EnMixCPL exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files Common Files Nikon Monitor NkMonitor exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop Workspace dds scr C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localhost local uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com keyword s BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AskBar BHO f d - - d - c -aa e ed - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - ... Read more

A:Trojan Horse Generic15.AVLU svchost.exe Infecting my XP System - HELP!? Revised

Hi,

i see from your logs ComboFix was run, can you please post the log(s)

You can find them at C:\combofix.txt or C:\qoobox\combofix2.txt, C:\combofix.txt or C:\qoobox\combofix3.txt etc.

Thank-you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/trojan-horse-generic15-avlu-svchost-exe-infecting-my-xp-system-help-revised-433112.html
Relevancy 43.43%

4-14-2007

Dear Friends:

1) Trying to send Form data by E mail from our HTML Editor using URL "mailto:".

2) Internet Explorer program requested information about:
E mail address, ISP server type.
( we input incorrect information )

3) We got error message: Outlook Express message, The server does not support requested http: method Account. Protocal HTTP mail server response. Not implemented. Port 0 secure SSL No Error 0x800CCC3E

4) Trying to edit ( clear ) the stored incorrect information in the Browser.

5) Operating system is Window XP.

6) Your help is greately appreciated.

Dave Sato

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/revised-post-browsers-setting-of-email-address-isp-and-its-server-information-150783.html
Relevancy 43%

1:i got the pentium 4 prescott processor on my computer now, its ace, it dont shut down at the moment on stuff but i want to know if i need a specific bios update for my mobo, to get the pentium 4 prescott processor to work, i have the rev.b intel 865pe dfi infinity board.

2: in the bios whenever i try to save my settings i cant, i press F10 to try to save my settings and it says do you want to exit saving your settings, and its on yes, but when i press enter nothing happens,i cant even change yes from no, could this be due to needing a bios update?

A:bios issues involving pentium 4 prescott processor on dfi infinity mobo (I865pe)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-issues-involving-pentium-4-prescott-processor-on-dfi-infinity-mobo-i865pe.354368/
Relevancy 42.14%

hi I have dell studio with ATIHD XXX series graphic gone Dell display is 1558 card Recently i upgraded to window suddenly display drive not responding error start coming Then one day the video tdr error comes I have to restart into safe mode and delete ATI display drive and install microsoft basic display driver The system works After windows update the system again crashes most probably Dell 1558 display is gone due to latest ati driver installed The display is again gone and i connect to external display and uninstall the ati drivers and switch back to windows basic Dell 1558 display is gone driver Again ATI drivers comes and system crashes I reinstall windows and updated all the drivers The system works few day until windows update comes and system again crashes and display is gone The boot into safe mode and delete ati drivers and switch to basic driver But this time the display didn't return I have only external display I repeat the process several times removed ATI drives using driver fusion also Dell 1558 display is gone But display didn't come back So after a day so i tried to reinstall window using the external display But windows didn't install it crashes while installing the display driver Today i install windows it install successfully with vga drivers Still laptop display has not come back As soon as i install ati drivers either from windows update dell support or ATI webiste the system crashes with x atigmpag sys code even on external display I tested the lcd by pressing D button and then power button its working I even downgraded the bios from A to A Still of no use My laptop display is not coming back Please help me as the external monitor i use is not mine I have to get back my laptop screen back

A:Dell 1558 display is gone

You have a display on a external monitor but not the laptop monitor correct?
If you shine a flashlight across the screen sideways can you see an image?

Is this a Switchable video model Intel/ATI?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/dell-1558-display-is-gone-811970.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,
My laptop is Dell Inspiron 3543. Recently I have upgraded it to Windwos 10. Issue is, when I'm on battery, display brightness changes automatically when changing the desktop contents (Dell Intelligent Display).Earlier there was an applications called battery meter for earlier Windows versions. I solved it in Windows 8.1 using that application.
But here for Windows 10, nothing found similar. Is there anyone face this issue and solved it?Please reply and help me solve this issue.
Also I can't connect to the technical support section as well. Says service tag is wrong. Dell System Auto-detect detects my laptop fine. Don't know why ???
Thank you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19983338
Relevancy 42.14%

i have a used dell laptop c640 that is giving me display problems. During boot the display for the bios is one quarter the size of the screen, the whole picture is there but small fonts and display. In the bios i could'nt find an adjustment for video at all. I reinstalled XP and all through the installation the screen size was small. After it installed i could adjust the resolution to fit the screen, Now the screen is full size but the colors seem off, the icons are sharp and the fonts are good but the display somehow is bad. Does anyone know why the initial boot is small cause i think this is the root of my problem. i have flashed the bios but still have the same problem.

A:dell laptop display

I would guess you dont have the right xp drivers installed, or you need to change the screen resolution. Right click on the desktop, go to properties, and change the display to at least 16 bit color. You might also need to change the amount of memory allocated to the video in the bios, this would apply if the laptop uses main system memory for the display. If you dont have enough memory allocated, it can only display with fewer colors and it might also explain the tiny screen you get during setup. Try this page for dell display drivers:

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...s=dhs&SystemID=LAT_PNT_P4N_C640&os=WW1&osl=EN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-display.538682/
Relevancy 42.14%

My Dell Deminsion 4500's monitor died, I have another monitor but it won't work with my the dell as I think its even older than the Dell. It works fine while the window's(xp) is loading but once windows loads its all fuzz and unusable. Its obvious that the hardware is working and I'm figuring the solution will occur in DOS...? please help anyone

Thanks in Advance

A:Dell Display problem

try safe mode, and chaning the frequency\resolution in the display settings - i havnt come accross a monitor that wouldnt work with a dell yet! Some of the ones we have in work are easily 6-10 years old!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-display-problem.789257/
Relevancy 42.14%

My latitude E6510 has no display. I however hear windows coming up through the speaker, so I hook up external monitor and system comes up and is visible only on the external monitor. Thus, I assumed the display is defective and replaced the display. However, same problem, still display on laptop not working.

Any ideas appreciated.......

A:Dell E6510 No display

Hi welcome to the forum

shine a light into the display ddo you see an image? is this an led display or not if not did it come with a new inverter?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365793-dell-e6510-no-display.html