Windows Support Forum

LAN/Internet connection suddenly lost for New sessions

Q: LAN/Internet connection suddenly lost for New sessions

Hi everyone - I appreciate your helping in trying to resolve this I have a Dell connection for lost LAN/Internet suddenly sessions New Inspiron E running Windows XP SP that I ve had for two years I m running IE Explorer McAfee Security Center amp Wireless LAN/Internet connection suddenly lost for New sessions security I have had NO issues with my hard-wired or wired internet connections prior until about six weeks ago I use my PC for both work usage MS Office SAP etc and personal usage My issue is a follows I can be connected to a wireless LAN connection and have multiple things up and running SAP Internet streaming music etc I will go to open a new session in IE and the new session will give the typical error message you see when you are not connected to the internet While I get this error my other sessions continue to run without issue e g SAP streaming LAN/Internet connection suddenly lost for New sessions music etc If i try to refresh a page as an example though like the streaming music then that page stops working but my SAP system GUI connection will still operate without issue I have tried to disconnect my pc from the wireless connection and re-connect and it still doesn t work I occassionally get it to repair by hibernating my PC or putting into Standby mode but typically I have to reboot - then it works flawlessly again until it suddenly stops again If I step away from my PC for a while sometimes I come back and my whole internet connection isn t working I have only had this issue once on a wired LAN connection at the office - but i m typically connected wirelessly so that s when i ve seen it most I have installed Google Chrome in case it was an IE issue - but it appears to not be LAN/Internet connection suddenly lost for New sessions IE specific I ve tried to restore IE - but that doesn t seem to have solved it either This happens on more than my wireless network though - so i m pretty convinced it s an issue with my PC and not my network or wireless router The issue is that I don t know if it s a hardware issue or a software registry etc issue I ve run McAfee checks CCleaner SpyBot etc - and they are all clean Any ideas on where to start Even pointing me in the right direction of what to do to see what is operating correctly or incorrectly when the issue starts would be very helpful Sorry for the long email - but it s a weird issue to describe and investigate Any help is appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: LAN/Internet connection suddenly lost for New sessions

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: LAN/Internet connection suddenly lost for New sessions

Uninstall McAfee, run a registry cleaner and install Free AVAST or AVG and see if your connection troubles end

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-internet-connection-suddenly-lost-for-new-sessions.123685/
Relevancy 82.13%

I have an HP EliteBook 6930p with windows 7 installed and everything was working fine until i did a recent windows upgrade (might just be a coincidence) and i suddenly lost internet connection. My laptop picks up the router, shows full strength but i cannot connect to the internet wireless or Ethernet cable. I restored to a previous date and it worked fine, and all my other devices work fine (iPad, iPhone, other laptops). The trouble is when i connected to the internet again it up dated windows and i cant restore back to the original date anymore as it has gone from the list.
Thinking i might have picked up a virus along the way.

Any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 82.13%

I m completely riddled as to why this happened but the chain of events leading up to this is today I got a new modem router to connect to which I set up to lost suddenly Internet connection use successfully However what occurred afterwards was that some of my program that I used to be able to run on this computer suddenly don t work Some examples are League of Legends - Can not log into the game in client Steam - Can t connect to steam servers Some streams I used to go to - Giving me a out of reach error or can not connect to the streams at all Speedtest - Suddenly takes around seconds before the test even starts to run So far I ve Internet connection suddenly lost try resetting the internet explorer settings restarting computer multiple times reinstalling the programs switching to direct wired connection to the internet rather than wireless some commands on cmd as adminstrator netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset ipconfig flushdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew No luck on anything tried Note Firewall is off tried running the programs on Internet connection suddenly lost a fresh restart with no programs open nbsp

Relevancy 81.27%

DV6700US seems to have lost the wireless network connection. A sudden failure to print gave me a printer offline message. My iMac printed fine, then I realized my iMac could not see the laptop and the laptop could not see the iMac nor printer, but still has internet connection on the laptop. I now nothing about Windows 7. Please help.

A:suddenly lost printer connection but still have internet

Welcome to the forum.

It would help the experts if you posted more details about your set up, don't forget they can't see what you have so need as much information as possible to be able to help you.

Please give all details, make, model of the machines in question and how they all connect, with all the necessary details there will be someone who can help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243834-suddenly-lost-printer-connection-but-still-have-internet.html
Relevancy 80.41%

DV6700US HP Laptop seems to have lost the wireless network connection. A sudden failure to print gave me a printer offline message. My iMac printed fine, then I realized my iMac could not see the laptop and the laptop could not see the iMac nor printer, but still has internet connection on the laptop. I now nothing about Windows 7. iMace is ethernet connected. Please help.

Relevancy 80.41%

My family s main computer a -year-old Dell Inspiron desktop suddenly lost its internet connection today The computer is directly connected to a Medialink wireless router hooked up to the modem because the computer lacks wireless capability The router is working just fine as we still have our wireless network and can connect to the internet from every other device in the house The modem is working a bit obvious Network and Sharing Center claims to have connection lost Computer suddenly Solved: internet local connection but I m not so sure - I can t access Solved: Computer suddenly lost internet connection the router settings from a browser which I m sure I can do without an internet connection I take this to mean the computer can t communicate with the router so I tried swapping out the cable without luck I also tried using a different port on the router I still need to test the router ports by connecting my laptop to the router but I m guessing this Solved: Computer suddenly lost internet connection isn t the problem Could the problem be the computer s network card In the meantime I m trying to use a Medialink USB wireless adapter that I actually bought to use with an old Linux desktop It works fine with Linux and installed perfectly with Windows XP but for the life of me I can t get the driver to install with Vista This isn t exactly relevant to my original question but if anyone has experience with a similar issue advice would be greatly appreciated here as well Edit I did finally get the driver installed although it took no less than attempts Now to make it play nicely with McAfee Edit Just to confirm I tested the router with my laptop and the cable ports are working Since no network settings had been changed on the desktop computer I m still suspecting the network card but I d like someone to confirm my suspicions with some sort of test Edit I booted an Ubuntu Live CD to see if I could connect via ethernet and I can so it isn t the network card I d already looked at the network settings to see if anything caught my eye but I didn t notice that anything had changed Any ideas Are there any command prompt commands I can run to try to pinpoint the problem with the ethernet connection nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi and hope you can help I care for a senior citizen a few nights a week in lost hotspot connection my Suddenly a home without internet service and have been using my HP Presario Suddenly lost my hotspot connection CQ up until now to log onto an xfinitywifi Suddenly lost my hotspot connection hotspot through my own account I also have an HP Pavilion I can use but for some reason that laptop does not have as strong as signal as the Presario and the signal was not reliable But with the Presario I have had no problem logging on until now and the bars in my network listing are usually or strong One night recently I lost my connection and have not been able to log back on since The xfinitywifi has pretty much disappeared although it pops up every so often for a moment or two but only with one bar and also shows being out of range on my android Most of the other networks usually in the list were gone as well also just popping up here and there for a moment and only with one bar But a new listing appeared at the same time this happened and seems to be a strong one with to bars One other older network besides the new one seems to remain strong and both are netgear routers So my assumption is that this new network is somehow sending out signals that along with the other network are blocking me from picking up signals Knowing a little and very little about all this my fist thought was to change my channel However I could not figure out how to change the channel on an internal modem router Realtek in my laptop I tried downloading some programs to try and find out what was going on I didn t have much luck understanding them but with one program called Heatmapper I got some info about the other networks What I did find out was that the new network seems to have less of a mbps reading whatever that is than the other netgear that has been there but never caused any problems So my guess is that this new network and I have no idea where it is coming from is sending out wifi signals that along with the other older one are blocking this house from receiving the xfinitywifi hotspot signals I did check and the hotspot is still valid I did try tethering my phone signal but it is simply too slow to be able to do anything worthwhile I am miserable not having my internet while I m there through the night and hope there is a way I can somehow stop the signals from interfering with mine or do something to my computer that would allow me to again pick up strong signals again to log on play my games watch my videos etc I do have old routers a clear express hub and a netgear wnr v if either could help I can t afford too much so would appreciate if any solutions were economical Thank you so much in advance for your help amp amp nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

A couple days ago Wifi connection. lost. suddenly No I was online just watching YouTube videos and all of a sudden my wifi connection just Wifi suddenly lost. No connection. dropped I sat around and waited for it to reconnect but it didn't I disconnected and tried to reconnect but it told me it wasn't able to connect to the network Nobody else has this problem My mom sister brother and dad can all connect fine We have a brand new router that we just bought weeks ago My last wifi card burned out so I have a brand new Ralink wifi card Now I can see our wifi It's there but when I try to connect it takes forever then tells me it can't connect when I go to CMD and type ipconfig it says all media is disconnected When I go to my network connections there's a red X next to my Ethernet and wifi I've tried ipconfig renew release and I've tried pinging Google com and it said it could not contact host It also keeps telling me nothing can be done while media is disconnected I've done netsh resetting I've tried manually putting in my own IP address subnet router and DNS server I've rolled back to a previous recovery I've ran iobit and malwarebytes to check for any viruses I deleted all temp info in my appdata folders I went in to make my comp forget the connection and tried to reconnect I've uninstalled my network adapters restarted then updated I can connect through Ethernet cable but that's not possible in this house My dads the only one that does cause he still has a desktop Being connected through Ethernet I made sure EVERYTHING is updated Windows Iobit Driver Booster everything Yes there is a wall between me and the router but even holding my computer right next it doesn't let me connect and we've lived here for years It's never been a problem before I know everyone's gona laugh but I never made a recovery disk when I first got my laptop cause that was about years ago and I didn't know that was a thing And I had to go through a repair program about a year ago cause my mom ended up downloading a virus and didn't tell me after I got home from work that it was acting up So now 'resetting to factory defaults' doesn't work When I boot up in safe mode there is red X on my internet icon and my audio for some reason When I go into my network and Internet it says there's nothing to show I don't even see home group options or internet options All of this has been for simple questions Is there a way to fix this or am I stuck with a year old notepad Cause right now all I can do with it is play the few games I got on it listen to the music I have and type If anyone has suggestions please be detailed I know how to get to the basics such as device manager or changing adapter settings But it took me forever to figure out how to manually set my own IP cause people couldn't explain where to find the IPV folder I am on my phone right now cause it's the only means I have of looking up information and posting this If I forgot anything just let me know Gateway Laptop NE R U Windows Intel R Pentium R CPU B GHz GHz GB RAM -bit Operating System x -based processor Router NETGEAR N Wireless Dual Band Router

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/65490-wifi-suddenly-lost-no-connection.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a HP laptop which I bring to work and connects to our wireless office connection I have been using it for quite a while now and I even downloaded stuff using torrents on it Starting this week when I got to the office and tried to connect to the router it connects but couldn t browse any web site however pinging the sites was successful I tried release and the IP but it failed giving quot An error occurred while releasing interface Loopback Pseudo-Interface The system cannot find the file specified quot After i rebooted my laptop lost connection!!! all Suddenly network modem and router still the same thing However other guys are able to connect and browse the internet But then it got worse now it is able to see the connection but cannot connect to the router hence no IP Even if I connect on a LAN for another network it is unable to ping the gateway of that network What the hell is going on nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

The wireless on HP Pavillion ZV worked fine until it stopped a few days ago Ipconfig shows media disconnected Pinging the router shows destination host unreachable I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the broadcom nic from device manager with no results Wireless zero config is on in services The wireless icon shows the router at It shows disconnected when trying to connect with the proper password as well as when encryption is disabled Windows firewall is turned off I used winsockfix Solved: wireless suddenly connection lost as well as netsh int ip reset rest log and netsh winsock reset catalog with no results I tried networking in safe mode and it said winsock errors I Solved: suddenly lost wireless connection used restore to go back Solved: suddenly lost wireless connection to when it worked but now it doesn t with same ipconfig media disconnected error The router works as my mother Solved: suddenly lost wireless connection who lives next door can get the internet wirelessly I bought a new wireless usb adapter disabled the onboard one and still get the media disconnected error The new adapter s utility picks up the router but can t connect I feel like I m missing something simple Please help thanks nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi and thanks in advance for any help I am - again! connection Connected can TV, it not working lost Laptop suddenly to then get very confused with my problem because I can not nail down where it comes from I lost the connection of my laptop named above to a Panasonic TX DTM TV The most confusing is that I had achieved a fully functional connection using a scart TV to S-Video laptop cable and I have been using it for a while Suddenly it stopped working and I can not get it to work again ever since I had not connected my laptop to TV in a while and when I tried to do it recently I realised the TV was not visible to my laptop although I had sorted this problem in the past When I had managed to get it working for the first time windows plug and play detected a new device TV monitor and automatically found and installed appropriate drivers So when I found out the TV was not recognised from my laptop I did again a search for new hardware windows detected it again but could not find any appropriate drivers As I could not find any drivers from various Panasonic support web-pages I decided to uninstall the quot Unidentified new hardware quot Connected Laptop to TV, then connection suddenly lost - can not get it working again! I was planning to upgrade to Connected Laptop to TV, then connection suddenly lost - can not get it working again! Windows so I hoped after my upgrade Windows Ultimate would Connected Laptop to TV, then connection suddenly lost - can not get it working again! detect the new hardware TV again and find the appropriate drivers My upgrade was smooth and posed no problems but checking for new hardware does not detect anything new now The only change between the last time I achieved the connection and when it stopped working was that I tried to address a conflict of my graphics card Mobile Intel R Graphics Chipset drivers with windows Vista resuming from sleep mode which made it freeze after resuming from sleep Vista detected this problem and suggested upgrading my drivers from Intel website After downloading the latest driver the problem was solved This is one possible cause why my TV connection stopped working but I am not sure there is any connection Another possibility would be a problem of incompatibility of the intel drivers with Windows but that not seens to be the case since Intel s latest drivers say they are appropriate with Windows Morever my problem started before doing the Windows upgrade so it started while I was using the same OS Vista with when I originally made the connection work Finally another possibility could be that the problem comes from the Intel drivers although they are the latest ones they might be somehow unable to achieve the connection Testing this hypothesis I noticed that Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows current version detects an additional display device when I connect the TV I have tried all options Single display dual display or extended desktop but nothing is projected on my TV When I use the extended desktop option which is the one I have been using before when the connection worked I notice that the only option for the additional display device is quot Notebook quot There should be an option to choose quot TV quot there but only quot Notebook quot is available amp his seems to be relevant to the cause of my problem but I don t know how to correct it As a conclusion My laptop is a Toshiba Satelite P current OS Windows ultimate Graphics Mobile Intel R with latest drivers installed Any recomedations are highly welcome as from my research in the web I did not come across any similar problem someone who had the Laptop to TV connection working suddenly losing it PS Except for the S-video my laptop has a VGA output and my TV has a RCA input except for the scart I could try using a relevant cable but I suspect the problem is not in the cable but the configuration Moreover I have read online that VGA to RCA cable might not work because of differences incompatibility of ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-laptop-to-tv-then-connection-suddenly-lost-can-not-get-it-working-again.890780/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello everyone and thanks in advance I ve had a problem for a couple of days and I ve been trying various fixes found on this forum and other websites as well -week old modem and house everything worked fine until a couple days ago when various lost sources Suddenly problems.... net different connection, citing everything stopped working for no reason We were out for the day came home and found that nothing worked anymore I can connect to Google Youtube only on one computer I ve tried the ComboFix and SUPERantispyware fixes to no avail and have also tried flushing the Suddenly lost net connection, various sources citing different problems.... DNS ipv ipv etc as well as restarted the modem router etc Weird thing is that our secondary laptop can connect to the internet through Wan Miniport PPPOE with a Suddenly lost net connection, various sources citing different problems.... wired connection straight into the modem but our primary one still can t We ve tried different routers with no change The wireless network still works but has no internet access So that would suggest that the modem suddenly turned bad but we can still connect most of the time on this secondary laptop with a cable Windows is showing this error when I diagnose the connection Error the modem or other connecting device has reported an error FYI I am in Japan using NTT Yahoo BB on fiber optic Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks a lot nbsp

A:Suddenly lost net connection, various sources citing different problems....

Sorry for the post, problem's been solved!

My buddy came over and worked on it for a bit. Apparently, after a week of using the network, the new DHCP settings kicked in, and both the router (which I guess can be a modem too?) and modem were both trying to control the DHCP, screwing everything up, or something. That's my translation based on my limited Japanese

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suddenly-lost-net-connection-various-sources-citing-different-problems.1088252/
Relevancy 64.07%

I m running a new month Win Pro install Has been like a rock since working out various wrinkles This AM suddenly no internet My wife s iPad still has internet at the far end of the house I have a nd my Suddenly internet! lost PC next Suddenly lost my internet! to the problem one I m prepping for Craigslist and it still has internet It s hardwired to the back of the Netgear router I power cycled the modem router anyway and it does not help Internet does go out universally about once month and the power cycle always does the trick I have a USB mini wifi adapter plugged into the front of the case to support my Chromcast Netflix With little fiddling I m suddenly back on line but with wifi only this is the case now as I type Running the Windows network quot fixit quot stuff is useless and says to quot call a friend for help quot But I m the one everyone else calls I take the working cat patch cord from the nd PC the one that s online and working and plug in into the back of the problem PC and it still says quot no connection to router quot I do the same with another spare known good patch cord nada What the I went into Device Mgr to check out my hardware but do not know which entry in the list is or should be active Can anyone look at the attached and tell me which one I should look at The first few say quot disconnected quot I m running the default drivers Windows loaded when I did the Win install which appear to have the same date stamp as the latest Win drivers from Asus I have an Asus Z M-Plus mobo Of course with MS doing upgrades whenever they want maybe they broke something last night I had no DVD drive visible on the nd Craigslist machine yesterday until I ran a regedit patch I found online and subsequently received the same patch on the MS forum I ve been using The drive worked fine booting from XP on that machine and of course worked fine during the initial Win install from an ISO disc Thanks for any guidance nbsp

A:Suddenly lost my internet!

Try this, with problem PC switched off remove Usb wireless device, connect ethernet cable if not already connected, power cycle the router, when router is back up and running switch on problem PC. Does it connect to Internet now ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suddenly-lost-my-internet.1155811/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi everyone Since my laptop have a corrupted main battery inserted and the electricity is always suddenly cut off all my work get Windows power can after shutdown? suddenly a recover I sessions all lost once the electricity is cut off As a result I have been thinking of a way avoiding losing the Windows data I can recover all Windows sessions after a suddenly power shutdown? and sessions done before and not saved When the electricity is cut off then all my work in Windows OS get lost However I come to see some applications like LibreOffice immediately saves the document open before cutting the electricity by locking it and then suggested for me an option of recovering the document edited and not saved yet before cutting the power supply once I opened that document again So I get to what I was doing before cutting the electricity My data was not lost on that document Also browsers can suggest that I can recovery my pages opened before disconnecting the power supply Restore pages Chrome didn't shut down correctly However do you think that there are some settings can be setup recover the same thing with Windows so to recover all what I was doing before cutting the power supply IF NOT DO YOU HAVE ANY ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION ESPECIALLY IF A NOTEBOOK HAS NO BATTERY INSERTED

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/382709-i-can-recover-all-windows-sessions-after-suddenly-power-shutdown.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I recently burned a multisession dvd using nero 6.The problem is that when I burned the second session the first session dissappeared although its physically there on the dvd. I know how to recover the lost session using a software called "Iso buster".

My question is it possible to recover the first session on the dvd and burn it back to the dvd so i can access it from windows explorer without having to use Iso buster.I want the lost session to be reburnt back on the dvd so I can access it like a normal "undeleted,active" session.

additional info: when I burned my dvd using nero 6 I selected "make data disk" (from nero start smart)."Allow files to be added later" (multi session disc) was checked and "Verify data on the disk" was unchecked in the burning settings.

A:Recovering lost sessions on a dvd

Talk about confusing:
is it possible to recover the first session on the dvd and burn it back to the dvd sClick to expand...

Then you say:
I dont want to burn the same data from the first session again on the dvd because that is wastage of space.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovering-lost-sessions-on-a-dvd.772894/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi Yesterday i was online as normal but today when i got home from school i had no connection at all Been searching for hours and trying everything to get it to work but no success at all The other computer in the house has connection and it works perfect on that computer Both of the computers are wired to a modem I have Windows Ultimate -bit on the computer that it doesnt work The same connection at my home has worked a year until today It says Unidentified network and when i do ipconfig it says IPv Adress Subnet Mask Default Gateway blank When Internet connection no Suddenly i try to ipconfig renew it says An error occured while renewing interface Local Area Connection unable to contact your DHCP server No operation can be performed on wireless network connection while it has its media disconnected Suddenly no Internet connection Also tried disable IPv - System Restore to yesterday Restarting modem and try Suddenly no Internet connection with other ports and the other cable downloading drivers for my network card please help me

A:Suddenly no Internet connection

Did you try ipconfig /release
and then ipconfig /renew

Some viruses can also wreak havoc, so scan away.

What if you reboot into safe mode with network connection?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114862-suddenly-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Evening All

I've had no previous connection issues since I installed 7 Pro a couple of weeks ago. Now suddenly it I'm unable to connect to the internet/ email
I can see the other PC's on our home network and they can connect to the net hence this email, All PC's are connected through a Belkin ADSL/2 wired router.

One thing I did notice was that this happened just after I removed a software app from my PC. I have used restore and rolled it back but still no luck

Since I'm new to 7 I don't even know where to start looking

A:Suddenly no internet connection

Hi.

You have a dns issue. Look for mdnsrepsonder.exe in the task manager and let us know if it's there. That would mean you have Bonjour service and we can tell you how to specifically remove it from the system.

Otherwise, if you set a static ip address with the following as your dns server, all will be well:

You could also try resetting the TCP/IP stack. From an elevated command prompt, copy and paste the following then hit enter:

netsh winsock reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/43954-suddenly-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I've been trying to fix this for around 3 hours now with no success. What I've found however is that 80% of services are stopped even though they are checked. I ran a full scan of malwarebytes to find 0 threats. When i am in msconfig all are checked and Load System Services and Startup Items are checked.

A:No internet connection suddenly

Other devices on the same LAN have connectivity?

More details needed.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47887-no-internet-connection-suddenly.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone I work in an office where we have a main desktop computer which is connected to the internet via a Time Warner modem The modem is connected by cable to a netgear wireless router and up until today there have been no problems connecting to the internet from internet connection network Wireless lost connection the laptops that use the wireless connection Today for no reason with no changes upgrades or anything different at all I am now getting the message that my laptop sees the wireless network but claims the network has no internet access not true I am able to connect to the internet from the desktop which is where I'm typing from So we have internet coming into the office and the desktop but suddenly the router isn't broadcasting the wireless signal any more Wireless network connection lost internet connection I ran windows network diagnostics several times and I've gotten different responses one said quot wireless connection doesn't have valid IP configuration quot another said quot the default gateway is not available quot and quot tourbleshooting couldn't identify the problem quot I'm reasonably computer savvy and I can follow instructions so does anyone have any ideas where I should start Many thanks Caroline

A:Wireless network connection lost internet connection

The first thing to try is to power everything off, Cable mode, router and computers. Then power them on again in sequence. Cable modem, router then computer. Let each device settle down before going on to the next.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118734-wireless-network-connection-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My internet has become 'dial-up' slow the last few days and I have no idea why.
I recently got a new modem, but aside from that everything is the same.

Occasionally, the connection will get lost entirely. I'll get a message saying that a network address can't be assigned (or something similar).

In the meantime, I'm using my wireless connection (which is fine) to get online.
But I do want to figure out why connecting directly to the router is acting weird.

Any help?

Relevancy 59.77%

I ve been using firefox over the past few days and sometimes my internet connection becomes blocked entirely I d like to get this cleared up as it seems like there could be something fairly wrong with my little compie Here are my logs Hijack This log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved cuts connection out suddenly Internet at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C WINDOWS zHotkey exe C Program Files CyberLink Internet connection suddenly cuts out PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray Internet connection suddenly cuts out exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Blue Internet connection suddenly cuts out Coat K Web Protection k filter exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files ZyDAS Technology Corporation ZyDAS g Utility ZDWlan exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgam exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Documents and Settings Owner YOUR- C CE Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Owner YOUR- C CE Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Owner YOUR- C CE My Documents Downloads w re lm exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Documents and Settings Owner YOUR- C CE My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gatewaybiz com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gatewaybiz com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www gateway com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run SunKistEM C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe O - HKLM Run CHotkey zHotkey exe O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp sttray exe O - HKLM Run IntelAudioStudio quot C Program Files Intel Audio Studio IntelAudioStudio exe quot BOOT O - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run HPUsageTracking C Program Files HP HP UT bin hppusg exe quot C Program Files HP HP UT quot O - HKLM Run hpbdfawep C Program Files HP Dfawep bin hpbdfawep exe O - H... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-suddenly-cuts-out.986421/
Relevancy 59.77%

And I don't know why? 1st I have a new computer then before its fine and I'm happy with the speed. Now like viewing stream videos or watching a movie it takes time to upload. what shall I do?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329218/suddenly-my-internet-connection-becomes-slow/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,

I am experiencing problems with my Lenovo Thinkpad R61 and Windows Vista.

Since yesterday my connection has been impossible to use. Subjectively I would say that every high latence request is being dropped. I have wonderful connection to my router and I can more or less browse servers in my country (ping latency < 30 ms). It is almost impossible to browse foreign servers. I am absolutely hopeless and don't know what to do.

I haven't done any system changes recently.

I have tried booting up live version of Linux and internet here works just fine. So I think this is not hardware problem but software (Windows?).

Although I have Lenovo, I don't use Access Connections, but native Windows client.

I have done full system scan on viruses, etc. and it is clean.

Thank you for your replies, I am really starting to be desperate.

Peter

A:Internet connection suddenly almost nonusable

What anti-virus software are you using?

I agree - no problems under Linux means it is Windows problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-connection-suddenly-almost-nonusable-526364.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have FIOS internet which slow connection suddenly internet has been very fast since I had it installed Suddenly it has suddenly slow internet connection slowed to a crawl and takes several seconds for pages to load Would someone way smarter than me please take a look at my logfile and tell me if there is anything suspicious Many many thanks suddenly slow internet connection Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes D WINDOWS System smss exeD WINDOWS system winlogon exeD WINDOWS system services exeD WINDOWS system lsass exeD WINDOWS system svchost exeD WINDOWS System svchost exeD WINDOWS system brsvc a exeD WINDOWS system brss a exeD WINDOWS system spoolsv exeD Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition mainserv exeD Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeD Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeD Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files CACI VPN Client cvpnd exeD Program Files Executive Software DiskeeperLite DKService exeD Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeD Program Files lotus notes ntmulti exeD WINDOWS system nvsvc exeD WINDOWS system HPZipm exeD PROGRA Dantz RETROS retrorun exeD PROGRA Dantz RETROS wdsvc exeD WINDOWS system svchost exeD WINDOWS Explorer EXED Program Files Brother ControlCenter brctrcen exeD WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXED WINDOWS system WDBtnMgr exeD Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeD Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeD Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeD WINDOWS system ctfmon exeD Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeD Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcWnd exeD Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exeD Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BIND Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfimon exeD Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeD Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition apcsystray exeD Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - D Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - D Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - D Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - D Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - D Program Files AskSBar bar bin ASKSBAR DLLO - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - D Program Files AskSBar bar bin ASKSBAR DLLO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE D WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run ControlCenter D Program Files Brother ControlCenter brctrcen exe autorunO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE D WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run WD Button Manager WDBtnMgr exeO - HKLM Run Installation Diagnostics quot D Program Files Brother Brmfl b Brinstck exe quot MFC- CN LAN O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot D Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Verizon Custom Uninstall Tracking D DOCUME Admin LOCALS Temp InstallHelper exe uninstalltrackingvendor VerizonO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot D Program Files Java jre bin jusc... Read more

A:suddenly slow internet connection

HelloApologize for the delay in response we get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following below so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)NextPlease do a scan with Kaspersky Online ScannerNote: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My ComputerThis will start the program and scan your system.The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.Once the scan is complete, click on View scan reportNow, click on the Save Report as button.Save the file to your desktop.Copy and paste that information in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174094/suddenly-slow-internet-connection/
Relevancy 59.77%

So Today, a few hours ago i decided i was going to clean things up a bit on the computer, so i ran raxco perfectdisk defragger, disk cleanup, ccleaner/ccleaner registry fix a couple of times and windows defrag. So after that, the computer was running amazingly fast, but the internet was suddenly really slow, and youtube videos especially are taking a very long staggering time to load up, when usually my internet connection is average, i have unlimited downloads on my contract so it cant be that and its the temporary internet files and cache either, just cleared it all. Any help would be much appreciated.

A:Suddenly Slow Internet Connection

Hi:Is this a wired or wireless connection?
May we see a speed test when slow ?
http://www.speedtest.net/
Boot up in safe mode with networking.Any change ?
Would not hurt to download and install current adapter driver from your pc makers web site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suddenly-slow-internet-connection.1022673/
Relevancy 59.77%

Win10, diagnostic message is:"one or more protocols is missing"
Running diagnostic as Administrator message is:" connection between access point, router or cable modem and Internet is broken"
What's going on , more importantly. How do I fix it?
Have tried winsock reset, clean reboot neither solved the problem.
Forum members make reference to ISO 1511 and others. What does ISO stand for. Pardon my ignorance.
Does any of this make sense to someone?

A:Internet connection suddenly broken

Forum members make reference to ISO 1511 and others. What does ISO stand for. Pardon my ignorance.
Does any of this make sense to someone?

Hey 2tone-

First, the ISO reference is for the Windows-10 bootable installation file. ISO is a file type used for disk imaging. You can download that same file, burn it to either a DVD or a flash drive, then reformat /reload your system. IE: Clean install if you wanted. See HERE. (Basically, you just need to download the most current release of the Win-10 . ISO file from a trusted source and get it onto a flash or DVD)

Connectivity issues can sometimes be tricky. I find that it's sometimes easier to work from the outside inwards. In-other-words, check the modem and router. Perhaps reset them by shutting Windows down and unplugging each for a minute or so, then re-connect them and re-boot. Sometimes the modem just needs to be reset (power cycled)

There's several other things to try, but perhaps it might be easier to just see if you can get this resolved, via System Restore.

b1rd

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35705-internet-connection-suddenly-broken.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi So yesterday I was transfering Suddenly (wired) no more connection internet movies from my external hard drive Since then my internet connection has been gone We have more machines desktop laptop both wired Suddenly no more internet connection (wired) and phones wireless who have perfect internet connections I tried another cable and reset my router but both didn't work The light on the ethernet adapter is steady orange So I guess I won't be a hardware failure I have run an anti-virus scan anti-malware scan DNS flush All of that didn't work It was very suddenly that the connection just got lost Any suggestions I've been looking around on google but didn't find a solution yet Grtz Update - Windows is showing my ethernet adapter which is named 'intel ethernet connection i -v' in device manager - I have tried deleting the ethernet adapter aswell as the network adapter without losing the driver and rebooted so windows could re-install It did but didn't work - Have tried reinstalling the drivers for the LAN adapter using the install-CD but it didn't make a difference - I have deleted Avast also to no avail

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/51651-suddenly-no-more-internet-connection-wired.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi folks I m pulling my hair out trying to fix this My Windows desktop is on a college dorm s wired connection It was working fine yesterday morning When I get home from work hours later it s an unidentified network with no internet connection I tried moving the cable into my roommate s Win laptop and I get the same thing Of particular annoyance is that I can t get the wifi to work either On any other device there are no problems aside from the slow speed I can hold a good minute or two of connection to the wifi with the desktop before I start getting quot we can internet suddenly & unidentified connection Ethernet no t reach this page quot errors from Explorer The wifi s not really reliable anyway I d just like to be able to submit my paper by Sunday evening when it s due Any ideas Ethernet connection suddenly unidentified & no internet Particularly for an ethernet fix A month ago when I called the dorm s tech support it was about the wifi my wall socket Ethernet connection suddenly unidentified & no internet wasn t opened up to their network They couldn t fix it so I asked them to open up the Ethernet as a patch fix It s been great until now nbsp

A:Ethernet connection suddenly unidentified & no internet

may we see an ipconfig /all please
when the PC is connected to the Ethernet socket
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC
You will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
If you do not have another PC
Do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries​
For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
Use Windows + X Keys together and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
Or Right click on the windows icon - bottom left hand side - A menu appears - choose Command Prompt (Admin)​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R
Now type CMD
Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy​Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-connection-suddenly-unidentified-no-internet.1167866/
Relevancy 59.34%

Fixed see connection 7 very suddenly Windows is internet slow final post I've been using Win for about months now and all has been going well until nights ago I noticed that my browsing speeds were very slow so I just assumed it was my network and went on about my business Tonight I fired it up and ran into the same thing I rank the Speakeasy speed Windows 7 internet connection is suddenly very slow test and my download speeds were only Windows 7 internet connection is suddenly very slow at kbps on a mpbs line I started doing some checking on my router modem etc and then I had the brilliant idea to run the same test Windows 7 internet connection is suddenly very slow on my laptop running Vista No problems there got a full mbps download So I think that rules out anything with my ISP modem router etc I've uninstalled and reinstalled my wireless network device drivers changed my auto tuning settings at the command line turned off the firewall on my pc closed all unnecessary processes there's not much on here fairly fresh install restarted held my breath tweaked settings on my network card but nothing seems to be improving This is consistent across Chrome and IE I've been reading through other posts about the same sort of issue but I haven't come across anything that works I don't have any AV software installed I like to live on the edge but I did run a spyware scan and it came up clean Any other ideas I run a small website business out of my house and it makes times pretty tough when it takes forever to connect to anything and then to upload any files I've wasted an entire evening trying to come up with a solution Any help is appreciated

A:Windows 7 internet connection is suddenly very slow

Other information that might be of use:
Intel i7 860 chip
8gb RAM
Plenty of disk space
802.11n Ralink PCI network card

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/59082-windows-7-internet-connection-suddenly-very-slow.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Wheter or not this is the right section to post this in I desperatly need some help Yesterday I was playing an online killed Windows my connection. suddenly 7 internet game minecraft but that doesn't really matter does it Sudenly my internet connection dropped away it doesn't even show the name of my router anymore The name of the router is Dupon What my first Windows 7 suddenly killed my internet connection. thought was restart the computer I did that and it I got a router incoming Dupon wich doesn't exist I restarted again and it became Dupon I unplugged the router and tried to solve the problems oon the Dupon network but it didn't work the same thing no internet acces still pops up The only thing I can do now is plug in an internet that works but it's not too handy I know it is the laptop because I have another one running XP and it has no trouble getting on the internet at all I would really really apreciate some help Thanks -Nick

A:Windows 7 suddenly killed my internet connection.

Hi Nick, Welcome to Seven Forums.
Try deleting your wireless networks.

Reboot then try to connect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/183980-windows-7-suddenly-killed-my-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 58.91%

guys i have a strange problem with my WiFi lately
yesterday the my laptop lost the connection to my WiFi modem and when i tried to search it my laptop not find any WiFi modem but the other device such as: my smartphone detect it normally. but after that, i tried windows troubleshooting and it found that "you've lost your internet connect" and suggest some way to solve this problem, i followed the instruction and voila, my internet connection appear again but next 4 hours, it's dead again, i went to troubleshooting and it worked fine again.
so guys please help me to solve this annoying problem...
thanks before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-lost-wifi-connection-and-cant-detect-wifi.1108989/
Relevancy 58.48%

Sorry for my bad english...
Before a week i upgrade my hdd from 300Gb to a newer at 500Gb and i add a 4 GB RAM , now totally i have 6GB Ram
I install Windows 7 Ultimate x64bit
I install all drivers properly but i have a problem , when i download files after some minutes the internet connection stop , windows responds slowly , and when i press the restart button from windows start menu takes much time to logout from logon page

A:Internet Connection Suddenly Stops When I Download Files

Quote: Originally Posted by xaralamposgr

Sorry for my bad english...
Before a week i upgrade my hdd from 300Gb to a newer at 500Gb and i add a 4 GB RAM , now totally i have 6GB Ram
I install Windows 7 Ultimate x64bit
I install all drivers properly but i have a problem , when i download files after some minutes the internet connection stop , windows responds slowly , and when i press the restart button from windows start menu takes much time to logout from logon page

What browser? What version? What programs are in your startup menu? In your system specs you list 2 different types of memory, Samsung & Kingston, is that correct or is there only one brand?

Please post back with the above information.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243891-internet-connection-suddenly-stops-when-i-download-files.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi my internet connection has become suddenly connection brand on Internet new computer slow so slow suddenly yesterday It's a month old computer on a month old linksys router I think it's a virus or malware but am not experienced enough to locate and remove them Anti-virus hasn't detected anything specific one file it did but could not remove it Here is my hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x eDSLoader exeC Program Files NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now BkupTray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Users HOME AppData Roaming Microsoft svchost exeC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC Windows System mobsync exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet connection suddenly slow on brand new computer HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW Internet connection suddenly slow on brand new computer a m aspire x R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW a m aspire x R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO ShowBarObj Class - A F B - A - AA - D - B B E - C Program Files Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x ActiveToolBand dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B E dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar Acer eDataSecurity Management - CBE B C- E - e-A DD- DB E - C Program Files Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x eDStoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Progr... Read more

A:Internet connection suddenly slow on brand new computer

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and Download and Execute filesI would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.Though the Trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of Trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?When Should I Format, How Should I ReinstallHowever, if you do not have the resources to reinstall your computer and would like me to attempt to clean it, I will be happy to do so.Should you have any questions, please feel free to ask.Please let us know what you have decided to do in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278845/internet-connection-suddenly-slow-on-brand-new-computer/
Relevancy 58.48%

Can someone help!

I turned on my Acer Aspire 3613 one morning and it wouldn't connect to the Internet through my wireless router. When I open Network Connections to refresh the Network List, I don't see any networks (despite the fact that before this, I was able to see my neighbours' networks. When I connect the laptop using a network cable, I can access the Internet without a problem and other wireless laptops are still able to connect to my wireless router. As everything worked fine until that point, I figured the wireless card went dead.

I installed a new Dynex wireless G external network card but still cannot connect to my wireless router either.

Any idea what could be wrong and how to fix?

Relevancy 58.48%

I'm having an unusual problem with my computer At random intervals I will lose my connection to the internet for several minutes Then it will come back like nothing happened When this happens the Windows Network amp Sharing Center shows that my connection is fine and when I run troubleshooters they don't find any problems even though I can't get online It's not the browser I try both Firefox and Chrome but neither will work when this issue crops up Some days it doesn't happen at all and some days it happens several times in one day My computer is running lose connection times Suddenly at random internet Windows and I am using a wired connection ethernet cable to connect to my router There are three other computers on the same network connected to the same router one wired two wireless and they don't have this problem I got this computer a few months ago to replace an Suddenly lose internet connection at random times old one and the old one connected with the same cable to the same router didn't have this problem either Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this Thanks in advance

A:Suddenly lose internet connection at random times

to Bleeping Computer Community sjnew

At random intervals I will lose my connection to the internet for several minutes.
My computer is running Windows 7, and I am using a wired connection (ethernet cable) to connect to my router.

The first thing to verify is if you loose internet connection is check the LAN port (led light) of the router from where your computer is connected. Or vice-versa, the LAN or Ethernet port of your desktop. There are signal lights indicator showing that it is connected (illuminating) or none if not. Try a different cable or reseat properly just in case also as a test.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585163/suddenly-lose-internet-connection-at-random-times/
Relevancy 58.48%

I am running Windows 7 - 64 bit on my laptop. I currently have Avast Internet Security installed and I have tried to uninstall the Avast software as I wish to change my antivirus software. I have tried uninstalling in safe mode using the Avast Clear utility. Unfortunately after using this utility the Avast program still remains on my hard drive in Program Files which I then have to delete manually. After doing so and restarting my computer I have no internet connection and the only way I can restore my internet connection is by copying the Avast program back into my Program Files. This is very frustrating and annoying and I would really appreciate it if someone could help me to resolve this problem so that I can remove Avast without losing my internet connection.

A:Solved: Internet connection lost when avast internet security uninstalled

moved to networking forum

This is the program you are using
Avast
http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear.exe
correct

How to uninstall avast and also use the removal utility here
http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=504

Have you also tried removing the program via control panel ?

and the only way I can restore my internet connection is by copying the Avast program back into my Program Files.Click to expand...

do you mean to just COPY or re-install ?

would you check the device manager and also provide an ipconfig /all when you have the problem
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

windows key and pause Key should open to allow device manager to be seen on laptops may need to use windows key + FN key + Pause Key
if not then

Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-lost-when-avast-internet-security-uninstalled.1050440/
Relevancy 58.05%

hi,
I have a PC with windows XP home and a sagem 330 usb broadband modem. The internet was fine until one day I waited as the arrow went from red to yellow to green as usual, clicked connect and it eventually timed out. I unplugged the modem but it crashed to restart. This happened again when I restarted the computer-I disabled antivirus and firewall to check but to no avail.

I have bought a wireless ethernet modem to replace the usb one as it is more reliable supposedly but I would still like to sort this problem!

Any ideas?
Thanks!

A:Suddenly internet connection fails - modem unplug crashes PC

"I have bought a wireless ethernet modem to replace the usb one as it is more reliable supposedly but I would still like to sort this problem!"...

Have you tried using/installing this modem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-internet-connection-fails-modem-unplug-crashes-pc.116885/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I ask Suddenly Connection on Wireless Windows 8 Working Internet Stopped that you please be patient with me as I am not very knowledgeable where computers are concerned So my wireless internet connection has been working completely fine on my Windows laptop up until a couple of days ago The wireless internet is working for all devices in my home except for the laptop I am currently typing this on my mobile phone When I try to diagnose the connection I get an error message that says quot Wi-Fi doesn t have a valid ip configuration quot I went into the Administrator Wireless Internet Connection Suddenly Stopped Working on Windows 8 Command Prompt and attempted an ipconfig renew as I have heard this solves the problem but I receive a message that says quot No operation can be performed Wireless Internet Connection Suddenly Stopped Working on Windows 8 on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected quot I Wireless Internet Connection Suddenly Stopped Working on Windows 8 have reset the computer but to no avail The internet connection icon on my taskbar shows me that I have a strong internet connection but when I mouse over it it says quot Unidentified Network No internet access quot I have also tried resetting the router Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Wireless Internet Connection Suddenly Stopped Working on Windows 8

The Local Area Connection would not interfere with the wireless as that's the Ethernet port. That message is normal.

Go into the Network and Sharing Center, then on the left side in the blue section choose change adapter settings.

Right click on the wireless network icon and choose properties.

Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 and click properties. Make sure both sections are selected for Automatically Obtain IP/DNS address. If you had to change them, click OK then Close. Go back to command prompt and type ipconfig/all and post teh results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connection-suddenly-stopped-working-on-windows-8.1109355/
Relevancy 56.76%

We have computers - mine with Windows and my wife s with Windows XP Both have paid subscriptions to Avast antivirus plus the freeware - Spybot S amp D and Sophos to clean up the browser cache and eliminate Lost Connection Internet what Avast misses Yesterday my wife recieved an Avast error message saying quot There are no more endpoints available quot It would not scan anymore so I called Avast for help They said this was due to a conflict with Spybot S amp D but they could fix the problem with Avast by uninstalling Spybot S amp D - and charging me for quot maintenance quot on their Avast software I declined this offer and uninstalled Avast on her computer only since it was no longer working Immediately after uninstalling Avast using Revo Uninstaller she lost internet connection I still have it on my computer I tried doing a reboot then tried a system restore - but she still had no internet connection Next I ran Spybot S amp D and Sophos to Internet Connection Lost check for viruses - there were none Since Spybot S amp D had supposedly caused the conflict with Avast I uninstalled that too Finally I called the ISP who had me check the Network icon in Control Panel - which shows that she is connected with data going in and out and no yellow flags yet for some reason we cannot connect to the internet using either Internet Explorer or Google Chrome They suggested I reboot the router we are hardwired in by cable - not wifi but that had no effect P S - I am not a computer wizard so please keep replies simple Any ideas nbsp

A:Internet Connection Lost

If that Teatimer thing (one of the Spybot Search and Destroy programs) is still running uninstall it also.

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-lost.1151458/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi there.
I've done something seriously wrong!
I have a broadand modem which is constantly connected. Whenever i log on to the computer i don;t have to connect to anything, just double click on internet explorer icon and away i go. If i want aol email i just double click on AOL, it connects after i have typed in user name etc....away i go

Today i got infected by derbiz or something. I removed the dialer and deleted everything. I went to:

Start/All Connections and i saw derbiz ISP there so i deleted it

WRONG MOVE

i can connect to aol fine, but now when i click on ie, i get a dial-up box saying to conect to AOL, which doesn;t work.

What have i done, how can i fix it, and would system restore work at all?>

David

Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys My desktop computer was fine until about a week ago I noticed that Firefox started really bogging down on websites that I frequent daily I usually cruise around them very quickly It got to the point where I had to try IE That seemed to work fine my Lost Internet Connection??? Mind you that I only had one webpage open with Firefox and tabs within it So fine now I'm using IE a browser I Lost my Internet Connection??? can't stand and then yesterday my Lost my Internet Connection??? entire internet connection stopped functioning it does show that the signal strength is excellent but it is not connected When I try to diagnose the problem it says quot Cannot diagnose the problem quot The router and modem are functioning because I have a laptop that connects to Lost my Internet Connection??? my network connection every time I can't get Norton Antivirus to scan the PC because it wants to do an update before it will scan I ran rkill exe and then malware bytes That found a few things but still no Internet connection I also ran Spybot Search amp Destroy Found some things but still no connection This is an I Asus P T Deluxe V with the I - cpu gb memory and Windows Pro -bit I'm not sure what the problem is but I feel like it's a virus because I sense it is slowly taking over processes as a virus would do Maybe a root-kit I don't know I do know I couldn't run combofix yet because I am running the -bit version of Windows Any ideas Thanks

A:Lost my Internet Connection???

Hello, please open a command prompt (Start->Run->CMD) and type "ipconfig /all" and show us the results please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/92315-lost-my-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I keep losing my internet connection when I try to visit www foxnews com Attached is my Hijack log Internet Help! Lost connection. Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Help! Lost Internet connection. C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Acronis TrueImage TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImage TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C WINDOWS system lxamsp exe Help! Lost Internet connection. C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files AnyDVD AnyDVDtray exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Spybot TeaTimer exe c Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot SDHelper dll file missing O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImage TrueImageMonitor exe O - HKLM Run AcronisTimounterMonitor C Program Files Acronis TrueImage TimounterMonitor exe O - HKLM Run Acronis Scheduler Service quot C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe quot O - HKLM Run lxamsp exe lxamsp exe... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-lost-internet-connection.943285/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have been trying to deal with a comp that has recently lost internet connection IT is hard wired to the router but the other comps on the network internet connection log (lost HJT still have internet Its like someone turned it off on the comp itself It gets used by a couple different people a day RIght before it lost the connection it was getting a BUNCH of popups which leads me to believe it might be virus related anyway so here i am with a log thanks Quote Logfile of Trend Micro HJT log (lost internet connection HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system HJT log (lost internet connection WinSys exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Microsoft HJT log (lost internet connection Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System msiexec exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www rr com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO IE to GetRight Helper - FF D- A - A-A EF- BA A E - C Program Files GetRight xx gr dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Common Files Viewpoint Toolbar Runtime IEViewBar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run OneCareUI quot C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run WinSys C WINDOWS system WinSys exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run updateMgr C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe AcRdB O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup E... Read more

A:HJT log (lost internet connection

did i not follow directions for posting? id really appreciate it if i could be pointed in the right direction of getting this fixed! thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hjt-log-lost-internet-connection-299899.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi you all,
I've got the following problem. On a PC with wifi internet connection all internet acces is lost. When i perform an nslookup it resolves just fine but i can't open any webpages with a error subscription for a DNS failure.
I've tried to flush all DNS records, renew the ip settings (DHCP), setting the pc back with recovery to a date that i know the connection worked fine, but nothing seems to work.
the connection is working becouse i've just downloaded windows 10......
I hope someone can help me resolve this isseu

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/364819c9-6f2d-4d18-9e35-27d8adb558aa/lost-internet-connection?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 56.76%

My operating system is Windows XP pro connected to a Linksys WET N bridge Bridge is connected to Comcast wireless router The issue is that computer seems to continuously lose connection because the MS Outlook keeps coming up amp quot lost connection amp quot then restores connection to server hosted by Microsoft The other issue is that I can access certain websites but not others I can ping the websites that I can t access through browsers I have another computer that is wireless connected to router with no issues as above So I don t believe it is an ISP issue or router issue I can see the problem computer on the router connected through the bridge I have Norton connection, lost Internet, utility on the computer and disabled the firewall and still same issues I ve set sites as safe sites etc and still same issues Below Internet, connection, lost is Internet, connection, lost info on system Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA-MA GT-UD H Antivirus Norton Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings mdrury gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name bigdaddy Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd fl comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd fl comcast net Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C-F - - - -CF Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday January P M Lease Expires Saturday January P M C Documents and Settings mdrury gt I appreciate anyone s help in resolving my issues thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

There are 3 PCs on my home network:

1/. Vista Ultimate 32 bit Intel Dual Core desktop - Ethernet connection
2/. XP Home laptop Intel Celeron laptop - devolo AV200 mains networked
3/. XP Home Athlon XP1900 desktop - Ethernet connection via USB to Ethernet adapter.

They run through a KCORP 108 G wireless router. Company now defunct but router ostensibly OK.

Pure Networks 'Network Magic' used.

Problem: Up until yesterday all 3 PCs connected to the internet and to the local network. This is a very long-standing and (so far) extremely stable set-up.

Since yesterday PC #3 has lost its internet connection whilst maintaining its local connection.

I've tried rebooting the router, disabling security options on the router, swapping over LAN connections on the router, swapping the LAN connection on PC #3 for a devolo link. Unfortunately the problem persists.

Has anyone got any ideas on what could be causing this? I can access all 3 PCs from each other!

Thanks in advance.

Steve

A:Internet connection lost on 1 PC

Check the firewall settings. I wish I could recall the specific problem with Zone Alarm that caused periodic disconnects from the internet. Flushing DNS temporarily restored the connection. Using the correct setting overcame the problem. I wish I could offer specifics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-lost-on-1-pc.108221/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all Though I have sality for a while internet my I connection lost now my internet connection was still on Now I can t log on to the internet any I lost my internet connection more It all started when I got this email with this attachment As soon as I downloaded and opened it the computer was shut down and restarted with no internet I scaned my computer using Avira rescue CD and this is the report PS After this scan I did a scan with my Avira antivirus to delete or at least quarantine them but nothing was found apparently this s Sality playing with me Anyway here s the report Avira Linux Version Copyright copy by Avira GmbH All rights reserved engine set VDF Version Scan start time Fri May configuration file etc avira scancl conf WARNING Error reading file media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp DGDiNNpY z part WARNING Unexpected end of file media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp q y rGkw nth part WARNING The files in archive are multiple volume media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp ezXmYh rar part WARNING The files in archive are multiple volume media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp KzZHOMWj rar part WARNING The files in archive are multiple volume media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp Yy sNqmF rar part WARNING Unexpected end of file media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp is-GRFL tmp item ztmp WARNING Error reading file media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp MDjqajAB exe part WARNING Unexpected end of file media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa My Documents ENGLISH IDIOMS QUEEN docx WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery AlexaToolbar zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery AlexaToolbar zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery AlexaToolbar zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery AlexaToolbar zip WARNING File is encryp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402121/i-lost-my-internet-connection/
Relevancy 56.76%

Ok this Connection Lost! Internet is what has happened- I have a linklsys wireless router for my host computer and my client computer has Internet Connection Lost! a linksys internet adapter now its not to do with the model of linksys or if its wireless G or B there both G My internet has been for around months and everything is fine now a couple of days ago on my client computer it wont pick up the inetrnet connection i dont know why it doesent come up with little picture in the bottom right corner of the screen showing it connecting or anything Im pretty sure the adapter is working because there is a little green light that glows up on it at the back by the way my adapter is a PCI card Now the problem basically is my client computer is not picking up the internet even though my router is turned on The only thing is before the client computer stopped working the internet connection like a couple of days before the internet connection stopped i resarted the routers default and changed about a bit to try and enable xbox live But it was still working after i changed the settings but if theres any ideas please post in im a high school student and need to finish homework Thanks Tom Wells-Day nbsp

A:Internet Connection Lost!

First. You do not have a problem with internet connectivity. You have a problem with wireless connectivity.

Connect to the router using an ethernet cable and look over the wireless settings. Update it to the latest firmware version.

On your computer uninstall and reinstall all your wireless drivers and software with their latest versions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-lost.35610/
Relevancy 56.76%

Was playing Everquest on my Sony Vaio when I went linkdead. I currently use the laptop with a wireless connection which is located out in the garage. Did some limited troubleshooting and found that "a network cable is unplugged". I checked the network connection and it does not see any local wireless networks in the area. My pc is having no such problems. I cant find any diagrams as to where my wireless adapter is on the computer to see if it shook loose. Any ideas??

A:Lost internet connection

Tell us more about what connection you have by brand and age. Any failure of the cable modem or telephone modem can produce the error message, A Network Cable is unplugged.
Best first step, is to unplug your cable modem or Ethernet connection, then insert a straigtened paperclip wire into the small hole on the back of the router/modem to reset it.
Then plug the connection back in with everything turned on, and reboot your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-internet-connection.77178/
Relevancy 56.76%

I puzzled this afternoon with making a new disk partition, and during this I booted up on a Partedmagic Linux CD.

However, when I booted up the machine normally via my harddisk, everything seemed normal, but no internet connection. I tried to repair via W7's build in help, but to no avail.

I then tested the network by plugging in a XP-box on the same ethernet cable (works fine), I re-booted the router and restarted my W7-box. But no internet!

Does the above ring a bell for anyone? I seem to be unable to get the connection back, and I simply don't know what to do to achieve this.

A:W7 lost internet connection

Can we get the specifications for your pc?

Hopefully it will be as simple as reinstalling your ethernet drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118569-w7-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have windows 7. A dynalink rta1025 v2 modem and the modem is plugged into a netcomm np204 thing in the wall. Yesterday my connection randomly dropped out and has not come back. I've tried restarting both the modem and the wall socket thing. I have online study to complete and need my Internet ASAP! I'm not very good with these things and any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 56.76%

For the past couple of weeks my internet connection has been failing 5 or 6 times a day. My ISP has been working to try to solve this problem but all their tweaking hasn't helped much. I have now noticed that the connection gets cut off when I click on a link to open a site in IE 8. I'm not that fast on the mouse or keyboard but the faster I click a link the more likely I seem to lose the connection. I really cannot see that this could be the cause but I have installed Chrome today and haven't yet lost the connection. Any one with a view on this I would be pleased to hear from!
Edit:
I should have said that I use a Billion ADSL+2 router

A:Internet connection lost when using IE 8

You could try reseting the settings using Microsoft 'Fix it'

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/112577-internet-connection-lost-when-using-ie-8-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

my service provider was forced out of business. so i have to go to a differant company to get dsl reconnected. is there any free dialo up providers.

if not i am using a stupid aol disk with the free 1045 hours. that i was going to cancel when i got my dsl. is there a way to use internet explorer also as i abhor the use of aol 9.0

Relevancy 56.76%

When I am on aol and try to download a movie clip I get knocked offline and a message comes up "AOL has encountered a error and needs to close" This happens alot and most of the time it happens as soon as I click the download button. Sometimes I dont even get the message it just knocks me offline but as I said it is generally when I try downloading. Please help I am going nuts with this

A:Lost connection with internet - AOL

Try uninstalling the AOL application totally and re-installing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-connection-with-internet-aol.661987/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I ve got a problem with connecting to the internet I ve tried a number of things I found on Lost Internet Connection this forum and none of them have Lost Internet Connection worked I ll describe what I Lost Internet Connection ve done so far and hopefully someone can help me pinpoint exactly where things are going wrong and what to do next about it Thanks in advance for your help and my apologies for such a long post My Local Area Connection says that I m connected at a speed of Mbps which is normal However I cannot access the internet at all I can t get online through Firefox or IE Other applications that rely on the internet like my desktop Weather Network application also cannot connect This is a constant situation I was in the middle of writing an email and when I clicked send I d lost my connection and have not regained it I should take a moment to explain our setup I live in a house with five other people The internet enters the house through one of their rooms There is a router in that room and cables from that router go to the rest of us We don t have wireless capability so everything described here is over the cable connection Unfortunately the guy who lives in the room with the router is currently on a five-week vacation so I don t have access to the router to reset it or double-check that my cable is actually attached I ve contacted the landlord about getting into his room to do so but I haven t yet heard back To my knowledge I m the only one who has been having trouble I am running Windows XP SP on an IBM Thinkpad I believe T When I ran ipconfig all it returned the following IP Rating Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers I attempted to ping myself the router and several external sites Someone on this forum had suggested to someone else a number of alternate IP addresses to try for their router so I tried those and a few random others as well Self of packets received loss Router Request timed out loss All external IP addresses including google facebook and local university sfu ca Request timed out loss All URLs www google com google com www google ca www yahoo com www sfu ca www facebook com quot Ping request could not find host lt URL gt Please check the name and try again quot No packets sent Request timed out loss of packets received loss I don t know who is but since my computer is I assume is another computer in our house I was able to ping in the evening but when I tried again in the early morning I got the same result as all the other addresses request timed out When I ran nbstat -n it returned the following Code Local Area Connection Node IpAddress ScopeId NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status ------------------------------------------- Thales lt gt Unique Registered MSHOME lt gt Group Registered Thales lt gt Unique Registered MSHOME lt E gt Group Registered MSHOME lt D gt Unique Registered MSBROWSE lt gt Group Registered Now for the things I ve already tried doing to fix it None of these had any effect that I could see I disabled Local Area Connections then re-enabled it I also used the quot Repair quot option on Local Area Connections I turned off Windows firewall and when that didn t have any effect I turned it back on Under Local Area Connections Properties Internet Protocol TCP IP Properties both options were set to automatic quot Obtain an IP address automatically quot and quot Obtain DNS server address automatically quot I tried setting those to manual both independently and together using both and for the DNS server address with as my IP address When that didn t work I set them both back to automatic I tried ipconfig release followed by ipconfig renew On release I immediately got a popup saying quot This connection has limited or no connectivity quot On renew I immediately got a popup saying quot Local Area Connections is now connected quot I still could not access the internet ipconfig a... Read more

Relevancy 56.76%

Internet connection is lost when idle. I have Vista and no router but have dsl. I have replaced the power supply and eathernet card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-internet-connection-350908.html
Relevancy 56.76%

hello folks, I'm pretty new at this game so please try not to blind me with science. I chose to replace my xp pro o/s with win 7 over last weekend on my main desktop PC and passed smoothly through the clean install process of win 7 ultimate. To my horror when the shiny new desktop was up and running I found that I could not connrct to my router, my ethernet adapter driver having apparently disappeared. I previously used Sis 900 but cannot find any driver for it. Are drivers available for this adapter or should I give up and buy a new card.

Any help much appreciated.

A:lost internet connection

Network cards are fairly cheap these days, so I would suggest replacing it with a Gigabit capable card.
Do a bit of research on the card you want to buy and see if it is Windows 7 compatible out of the box (can save you a lot of hassles later)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/82674-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My wife uses a second computer that is connected via a hard wire. My internet connection is through Comcast cable and my wifes receives the internet connection through a router. The router is a Trendnet TW 100. My wife downloads and lets others in her movie room download from her files. Once in a 24 hour period her computer loses the internet connection and disrupt either her download or upload. She has been told it is the router but I opened it and do not see any shut down instruction in it. Does anyone have an idea why this happens every 24 hours and how to fix it. Thank you for your help and ideas.

Relevancy 56.76%

I Have A Compaq 7550 Computer With Windows Xp. My Computer Is Verrrryyyy
Slow. I Tried To Install Mcaffie Antivirus, And Firewall And It Got To A Certain Point And Said There Was No Internet. I Called My Local Cable Company And They Referred Me To Microsoft Who Referred Me To Compaq
Who Charges For Any Question I Ask. My Computer Is About 5 Years Old. Any Suggestions?? Just To Let You Know, When I Was Trying To Install The Program It Said It Was Checking For Viruses First. It Took Over 3 Hours For It To Come Back And Say That It Was Ready To Install But There Was No Internet.

how are you connected to the interent ???
please provide as much detail as possible

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection.569744/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have PC System Windows XP home edition Version 2002 SP3 and I lost Internet access in the middle of downloading a new program.
I have a Motorola modem and modem is connected to the Netgear router. When I turn my desktop PC on which is connected to the router it shows the local connection is connected, but the Bridge Network cable is unplugged I have no idea what that is and if I need it to be connected to the internet.
I called the Comcast service and the lady assistant did not even know what the Bridge cable is and I do not know ether since Iím not that technical.
I do not know what I should do to get the connection back to the PC; another PC work just fine also is connected to the router.
Thank you

A:lost Internet connection

Ok, with my 12 years experience i don't even imagine what you put in mystic words "bridge cable"...
give us Start > Run > CMD [enter]
Ipconfig /all > ipconfig.txt
Attach resulted file, or copypaste here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection.1037780/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi A few days ago Comodo antivirus detected some Trojan and I deleted it I don't remember the name of the trojan but since then I can not connect to the internet I have followed your instructions and I'd be greatfull if I could get help in Internet lost connection how to sort this problem out DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Miguelukas at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV COMODO Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Outdated FW COMODO Firewall disabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Real Update OB realsched exe C Archivos de programa Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Archivos de programa COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jusched exe C Archivos de programa Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Archivos de programa COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jqs exe C Archivos de programa Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Archivos de programa Internet connection lost TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C WINDOWS system wbem Internet connection lost wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Documents and Settings Miguelukas Escritorio dds scr Pseudo HJT Report BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c archivos de programa archivos comunes adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO BitComet Helper f e - a- b a-bcaf- b bfdfea - c archivos de programa bitcomet tools BitCometBHO dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c archivos de programa java jre bin ssv dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c archivos de programa java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c archivos de programa java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll uRun CTFMON EXE c windows system ctfmon exe uRun ISUSPM quot c archivos de programa archivos comunes installshield updateservice ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler Internet connection lost mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c archivos de programa adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun TkBellExe quot c archivos de programa archivos comunes real update ob realsched exe quot -osboot mRun SoundMAXPnP c archivos de programa analog devices soundmax SMax PNP exe mRun SoundMAX c archivos de programa analog devices soundmax Smax exe tray mRun COMODO Internet Security quot c archivos de programa comodo comodo internet security cfp exe quot -h mRun QuickTime Task quot c archivos de programa quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun NeroFilterCheck c windows system NeroCheck exe mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c archivos de programa java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun THotkey c archivos de programa toshiba toshiba applet thotkey exe mRun Tvs c program files toshiba tvs TvsTray exe mRun BlackBerryAutoUpdate c archivos de programa archivos comunes research in motion auto update RIMAutoUpdate exe background mRun lt NO NAME gt mRun RoxWatchTray quot c archivos de programa archivos comunes roxio shared sharedcom RoxWatchTray exe quot dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE StartupFolder c docume alluse menini progra inicio ramasst lnk - c windows system RAMASST exe IE amp D amp escargue amp con BitComet - c archivos de programa bitcomet BitComet exe AddLink htm IE amp D amp escargue todo con BitComet - c archivos de programa bitcomet BitComet exe AddAllLink htm IE amp D amp escargue todos los v deos con BitComet - c archivos de programa bitcomet BitComet exe AddVideo htm I... Read more

Relevancy 56.76%

Am rewriting this as I lost the first draft attempting to navigate back from preview when I notice I am not to add images on this with the photo icon above At this point I can't get the computer to connect to internet The computer is a HP workstation xw x cpu GHZ MHZ core windows connection Internet Lost First issue a boot interruption with a message about the system clock F continued the boot and the clock time was right Comes up on start up now Second issue- a sight would not play video I closed it and opened- same Next some sights came up unavailable I primarily use chrome I tried firefox and explorer I tried checked my connection in the control panel seem connected ran trouble shooter which came back and comes back with unexpected error message- can't continue and error code x unplugged and replugged from modem same result I have unplugged backed up and now am asking for guidance and help This computer is wired to wireless router Other computers and phones work off this wirelessly thanks chris

A:Lost Internet connection

Hi,
Have you checked out your NIC? Latest drivers, etc? Does the vendor offer a diagnostic program for it? If you have a NIC that you can swap for the current one, see if that makes a difference.
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496594/lost-internet-connection/
Relevancy 56.76%

This is my first post Hope Lost Connection Internet it's up to snuff Reran with later version of Hijackthis--hope I got it rightMy wife was doing some research with Google clicked on a link and then was taken to a quot suspicious quot site whose URL began with quot The site looked like Google search results but not quite Now the next day it is impossible for her to connect to the Internet via any program IE Firefox Outlook When IE tries to repair or diagnose the connection it gets as far as quot Lost Internet Connection a problem with the winsock catalog quot Here's the Hijack this log It is a Dell running Windows XP Service Pack II Have run adaware spybot and AVG AVG had a false alarm on something called obsuscat Can you help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Lost Internet Connection S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system brsvc a exeC WINDOWS system brss a exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exeC PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Dantz Retrospect retrorun exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Documents and Settings Kandy Hirsch Desktop stinger exeE John HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msnbc msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO no name - B EB F- C- F-AC -FD E F - c windows system d d c dllO - BHO no name - E C - B- EFE-AC B- C AE D - C WINDOWS system adsndsq dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet WirelessO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe quot O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Ru... Read more

A:Lost Internet Connection

Hello energyguyoly,Welcome to Bleeping Computer 1. Download this file - combofix.exe2. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.3. When finished, it will produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply please, along with a new HijackThis log.Note:Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.How is it running now please?Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/120179/lost-internet-connection/
Relevancy 56.76%

my computer got infected yesterday with a few trojan viruses small J Agent AS Dyfica AA HT Log- connection! internet Lost i had one a month ago and you guys helped me get HT Log- Lost internet connection! rid of it so i m hoping you can help i ran ad aware and got rid of what i could then when i ran AVG it said that there aren t any viruses so i thought it was fixed but when i rebooted i found out that i ve completely lost my internet connection this happened the last time too what do i do to fix it thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Gold Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C COMPAQ ACCESS ENCOMPASS MONITOR EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG AVGSERV EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES SYNAPTICS SYNTP SYNTPLPR EXE C PROGRAM FILES SYNAPTICS SYNTP SYNTPENH EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ EASY ACCESS BUTTON SUPPORT CPQEAUI EXE C PROGRAM FILES ZIPCD DIRECTCD EXE C WINDOWS LOADQM EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB REALSCHED EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG AVGCC EXE C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS UPDATER EN-US MSNAPPAU EXE C PROGRAM FILES MSN MESSENGER MSNMSGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES NIKON NKVIEW NKVMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB RNATHCHK EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ EASY ACCESS BUTTON SUPPORT BTTNSERV EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ ON-SCREEN DISPLAY OSD EXE C MY DOCUMENTS HIJACK THIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search presario net scripts redirectors presario srchredir dll c c amp s search amp i enu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search presario net scripts redirectors presario srchredir dll c c amp s search amp i enu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search presario net scripts redirectors presario srchredir dll c c amp s search amp i enu R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search presario net scripts redirectors presario srchredir dll c c amp s search amp query s amp i enu O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS MSN TOOLBAR EN-US MSNTB DLL O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS ST EN-XU STMAIN DLL O - BHO Zedd Proj clsUnoOne - B B- FE- C D- F-BCA FC B - C WINDOWS SYSTEM AANTX DLL O - BHO ohb - D F F- AC - AB- B - C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WINB S DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C PROGRAM FILES CANON EASY-WEBPRINT TOOLBAND DLL O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS MSN TOOLBAR EN-US MSNTB DLL O - Toolbar Begin Search com Bar - FE - C- EFB-BDD - BE D C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WINB S DLL O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry c windows scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor c windows taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run EACLEAN C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support eaclean exe NORESTART O - HKLM Run Compaq Internet Setup C Compaq Internet InetWizard exe RUN O - HKLM Run CPQEASYACC quot C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ EASY ACCESS BUTTON SUPPORT Cpqeaui exe quot O - HKLM Run Adaptec DirectCD C PROGRA ZIPCD DIRECTCD EXE O - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA GRISOFT AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run msnappau quot c program files MSN Apps Updater en-us msnappau exe quot... Read more

A:HT Log- Lost internet connection!

istsvc.exe is an advertising program by Integrated Search Technologies. This process monitors your browsing habits and distributes the data back to the author's servers for analysis. This also prompts advertising popups. This program is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately.
Author: Integrated Search Technologies

Spyware: Yes
Background Process: Yes
Uses Network: No
Hardware Related: No
I reckon you should get rid of that both in the Hijack log and by deleting the whole directory then running a registry cleaner.
Get rid of 09 as well, there's a file missing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ht-log-lost-internet-connection.280053/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, I have a Win XP computer on a network with all the network settings typed in rather than automatically picking up the IP address. So its set to the correct subnet and default gateway but its just not connecting to the internet.

I can ping the gateway and the other workstations, the Local Area Connection icon is showing up as connected, and the firewall is turned off. Can someone help?

Relevancy 56.76%

After "Cant access anti virus programs " yesterday was resolved , logged off. Today I connect to the internet and get the message for any page I try to open
"The page cannot be displayed" for ie and "connection was refused to whatever .com" using mozilla.
Sorry to annoy you again

Jamie

Download WinsockFix and unzip it. Then double-click on it to run it.

No problem.......

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/lost-internet-connection-25089.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Every time I leave my computer for a period of time. Or put it in the stand by mode. When I come back I have no internet connection. I have to restart my computer. Then everything works fine. I have a cable connection. Windows XP pro. No spyware, malware, virus. Just checked all of that.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
danz

A:internet lost connection

Check this setting.
Start> Run> type devmgmt.msc then hit OK.
Click the + beside Network adapters and right click on your adapter and select
Properties. On the Power Management tab, uncheck the box:
Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
then click OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-lost-connection.595149/
Relevancy 56.76%

I don't know if this is supposed to be malware related, but I'd like to check anyway. In fact, today I've got disconnected from the internet two times, once it said to restart the router, so I did, and got the connection back. Next time I've got an error message DNS server isn't responding and I'd like to fix the error so I don't lose it again.

FRST.txt   18.05KB
  17 downloads

Greetings santare and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met.Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please rerun FRST and make sure Addition.txt is checked. Run FRST at the end. Copy and paste both logs in your reply.In addition, please do this.===================================================AdwCleaner by Xplode - Delete Adware-------------------Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browserDouble click on AdwCleaner.exe, click Run, then select I agree if it appearsClick ScanOnce the scan has completed you will see Pending. Please check elements you don't want to remove above the progress barClick on CleaningConfirm the cleaning and rebooting of your computer by clicking OKYour computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restartCopy and paste the contents in your reply===================================================RogueKiller by Tigzy--------------------Download RogueKiller and save it to your desktopClose all running programsRight click on the icon and select Run as AdministratorFor Windows XP simply double click on the iconIf you receive a warning you are running a 32 bit version, ignore the warning and click Yes to continue anywarThe program will conduct a prescan and when finished you wlll see Prescan Finished. Please hit the scan buttonClick ScanIf, durin... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615265/lost-internet-connection/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I run Vista Home Premium HP a n and I am having trouble with losing internet connection Use to be worse but got updated modem from A T amp T Was - times a day now sometimes times a day Doesn't happen when I am working happens when I come back to the computer after being gone for a while A T amp T says it's not them it is my computer Event Viewer isn't Internet lost connection helpful or I don't know what to look for I am almost ready to go to Internet connection lost the Geeks at Best Buy Internet connection lost but wanted to give you people a shot I run the following programs for computer upkeep Advanced System Care CCCleaner cleaner and registry cleaner Threatfire once a week Easy Cleaner Toni Arts Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Spybot Search and Destroy AVG Free run every nite and have found no significant problems Have all the Windows updates Have had A T amp T for about Internet connection lost years and the problem is ongoing since then The new problem is having trouble with restart Going to Start and then using the restart from there hangs until I have to turn off the tower yeah I know bad thing This is recent maybe the last two weeks Sometimes works sometimes doesn't Downloaded Google Desktop and they wanted to restart the computer and there was no problem with that All help appreciated and if you need more info pls let me know TIA Brenda

A:Internet connection lost

After a week of repeated network drops, I found the following from MS:
" Vista 64 and routers
To resolve this issue, disable the DHCP BROADCAST flag in Windows Vista. To do this, follow these steps: Click Start, type regedit.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue. Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID} [this is the first numeric string startins with {90...

Right click on DhcpConnEnableBcastFlag, Modify, and set the value to 0 (numeric zero). I then rebooted.

I have not had a drop in 24 hours. Hope it continues. Found this at: support.microsoft.com/kb/928233 "This issue occurs because of a difference in design between Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). Specifically, in Windows XP SP2, the BROADCAST flag in DHCP discovery packets is set to 0 (disabled). In Windows Vista, the BROADCAST flag in DHCP discovery packets is not disabled. Therefore, some routers and some non-Microsoft DHCP servers cannot process the DHCP discovery packets."

OOPS... Did have one drop after the computer 'woke' up from a long winter's nap...several hours. The connection dropped. That might be yet another Vista issue -

"VISTA Sleep and Domain Network Drop Out problems". I am told there will be a fix in a coming service pack. The mouse is affected also. Fix or work around. We'll see...

My System Specs
You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ...

OS Vista x64

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/212690-internet-connection-lost.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My computer just recently got over a bad virus called defense center. i rid myself of it using malwarebytes, but now when i try to open internet explorer or any browser it says cannot connect. It lets me play games, such as world of warcraft, and even use the internet after a temporary fix i found (adding "--proxy-server= in the properties of google chrome), but this problem isnt fixed by that. Can i have some help with this?

I am using windows vista home basic. When i hit diagnose connection problems in internet explorer, it says "www.google.com" is not set up to establish a connection on port "world wide web service (HTTP)" with this computer. It won't let me view anything on the internet in any way except for google chrome and in games.

Hello,Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic342007.html you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/326339/lost-internet-connection/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am currently having a problem where I am losing my connection when idle. I am running Windows XP service pack 3. It just started thursday night. It says I am connected but when I try to load a page or anything it wont connect. I am running cable internet. The modem for the cable says everything is fine. My coonection on Pc says its connected. I am running a wireless router as well. I am currently running a Belkin wireless router I have tried two different routers same problem. I am able to connect wirelessly to the router. Just my wired PC wont connect. The only way to fix it i I have to restart the computer. I have AVG full anti-virus and firewall. That shows nothing neither does spybot or malware bytes. Have not installed any new programs for the conflict. Even tried a system restore and still nothing. Any help would be great. Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216690/internet-connection-lost/
Relevancy 56.76%

I was browsing one afternoon and suddently I was cut off from the internet world. I just cannot browse any longer. Everytime I go to the Internet, I get an error message - no connection to the server. I checked with the Provider and they say there is nothing wrong with my connection. Yes, I have checked that myself and there is nothing wrong with my connection. I thought maybe its the work of some worm - I did a thorough cleaning and found nothing suspicious.

The Provider even advised that I restore to a good day when I had no problem - May 01 I suggested. And, that was what I did - nothing work!

Can someone help me out. Many thanks

ooooooooooooooooo i like yer avater

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-internet-connection.51180/
Relevancy 56.76%

Just set up a brand new Acer 5733.

I have had no problems until yesterday when I suddenly lost Internet connection on a wireless connection.

I have checked everything, even down to connecting up a spare router. Still no connection.

As last resort I connected the laptop directly into the router, but still no luck.

It is on a 12 month guarantee, but I am wondering is it just a simple thing.

Addendum: Since writing this, the internet has returned as fast as it went. My other PC did not go down, so it was not an broadband issue.

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi. I have a compaq presario 2100 laptop running windows xp home with a built in wireless = HP WLan 54g w450 network card that was finding the internet okay and then it just stopped being able to access it. I can get a connection to my wireless network that drops off occaisionally but even when I am connected I cannot get on to the internet. I tried flushing the network by turning the access point the switch and the modem off and turning them all back on one at a time in the proper order. I have tried the repair network command and resetting the network connections. I have upgraded and installed service pack 3. Nothing seems to be working. can you help?

Relevancy 56.76%

I have lost my internet connection. The IE diagnosis window says windows cannot detect wired or wireless network cards on machine. It also says that no network adaptor is installed.
My internet connection has always worked fine. I have my cp hardwired to a lynksys broadband modem and lynksys wireless router for my laptop connection.
Any idea how this can be fixed or what may have happened to my connection?
My wireless connection to my laptop still works great.
Shagedorn

I would try a System Restore if anything changed recently that could cause the problem. The next easiest option is the WinSock Fix. You can download it here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4372.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-internet-connection-221757.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Our 2nd computer which is a network connection had a strange thing happen. Was on internet & my screen suddenly turned solid blue with error notification. Then a narrow white column appeared and said my computer had been infected. It gave a phone number I was to call & started verbally repeating a message not to turn off my computer & to call that phone number. I did try to call & it rang 10 times & I hung up. In desperation I turned it off. After a period of time I turned it back on & everything appeared up normal except my internet connection. I ran malware & spyware and they showed no problems. However, I still can't get connected to the internet. Can someone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection.1156373/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Guys

hope someone can help.....im running vista home premium 32bit and connected to the internet wirelessly...its been working fine for years....however the other day i unplugged the power supply and monitor cable to connect another pc to the monitor....and when i switched the 2 plugs back to my pc...the internet stopped working....it sometimes says its connected to local network but not inernet...and sometimes it doesnt even connect locally

anyone got an idea of what the problem maybe..i tried doing a system restore too but it didnt work, ive disconnected network adapter and tried that too still same issue

A:lost internet connection!

Welome to the forum.

What do you mean by the power supply? Just the cord?

What kind of wireless card do you have?

Double check all your cables are plugged in still. Its quite easy to accidently knock one out.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/295759-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all Well here is my question My computer will not recognize that it is connected to the internet Usually there is a light in the back of the computer where the ethernet cable plugs into the jack that lights up when it is connected It is no longer lighted up What happened is that when i turned on my computer yesterday Please HELP ME! connection internet Lost it came up with an error message one of the ones that says what the error is and you can choose if you want to send the error report to microsoft or not send it Anyway unfortunatly i Please HELP ME! Lost internet connection was not using my brain and i did not record the error message I get these a lot of the time when a program freezes Please HELP ME! Lost internet connection or something so i usually do not pay them a lot of mind I guess this time it was a wrong move because i do remember it saying something about quot TCP IP quot and when i clicked it closed the computer was not recognizing the internet connection Because I remember seeing the TCP IP in the error message im pretty sure that error had something to do with why its not working anymore Anyway I have tried everything its not the modem its not the netword card driver its not roadrunner isp and its not the cable cord or the network card cause i even when out and bought a new network card just to try it out but that didnt work either So to end this super long question are there any other suggestion as to what i can try I was thinking i might just have to rebuild but i really dont want to do that someone suggested i try a repair disk but i dont have one and someone else suggested installing the isp software again Or is there any way that I can retrieve the error message that was sent to me like is there a log where these are stored that might help anyway sorry this was so long but if you can offer any suggestions i would be grateful thanks Lily nbsp

A:Please HELP ME! Lost internet connection

If there is a reset button on the router/modem try it. If not unplug it for a minute and reset it that way. And if youpost your computer specs it might help - I take it your not using XP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-lost-internet-connection.360998/
Relevancy 56.76%

Within these few day, my computer kept losing connection to the internet. I was able to be online for 1 hour and all of sudden it would disconnected for no reasons, and I've to wait one day to be able to get back online again. I've a home network at home, my cox cable modem is connected to my router which is connected to my computer. Everything seems working properly, I have no idea what's causing all this! Any help or suggestion would be grateful, thank you.

A:I lost internet connection, Please help!

Next time that happens you need to call Cox cable and see if their network is down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-lost-internet-connection-please-help.93327/
Relevancy 56.76%

It happened yesterday. Finally changed the cat5 cable and that seemed to fix the problem. Now it's back again intermittently. I even directly connected the computer to the DSL and still no connection. The two other computers at this location run fine and and are running wirelessly. I don't know what to check anymore. Can anyone please give me a clue as to what to check? I am running Win2K sp2 on a Dell Dimension 4400.

Relevancy 56.76%

Cannot log onto internet with wireless router. Plugged it in manually, still can't connect:. Have tried a couple of things (hopefully didn't make matters worse). HELP!

Relevancy 56.76%

Have a friends computer and am fighting with it right now. The computer says I do have both wireless and wired network connection but I am unable to connect to the internet. I downloaded malwarebytes and installed it but was not able to update it as the internet is not working for me right now. I did a quick scan and that got rid of 43 problems but I am still unable to connect to the internet. As I write this, I am running a full scan to see if that will help.

Any suggestions on your side?

Appreciate any help,
Jeff

Hi,After performing these scans, enter the results in your next post and also update me on the status of the PC.Note: You may have to perform some or all of the following in Safe Mode With Networking, depending on if you have internet access while in the normal Windows environment.================================================================================Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.================================================================================Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use SUPERAntiSpyware to scan and remove malware from your computer Guide.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all other options as they are set):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the Control Center screen.Back on the main screen, under "Select Scan Type" check the box for Complete Scan.If your computer is badly infected, be sure to check the box next to Enable Rescue Scan (Highly Infected Systems ONLY).Click the Scan your computer... button.After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the scan log after reboot, launch SUPERAntiSpyware again.Click the View Scan Logs button at the bottom. This will open the Scanner Logs Window.Click on the log to highlight it and then click on View Selected Log to open it.Copy and paste the scan log results in your next reply.-- Some types of malware will disable security tools. If SUPERAntiSpyware will not install, please refer to these instructions for using the SUPERAntiSpyware Installer. If SUPERAntiSpyware is already installed but will not run, then follow the instructions for using RUNSAS.EXE to launch the program. ================================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.D... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446760/lost-internet-connection/
Relevancy 56.76%

Using Aspire XC-605 wirh Win 10. Internet connection (both LAN and Wifi) was suddenly lost. The computer recognizes DSL modem but claims no internet connection. The modem works fine with my two laptops. I've updated LAN and wlan drivers, no help. Windows says no technical faults found.

A:Internet connection lost

And, I tried my 4G modem too. Same result: modem found and connected, no interet.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Internet-connection-lost/td-p/430380/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 56.76%

Operating system Vista I don't think I have the service packs Browser Firefox - latest version I have avast antivirus I went to nbc com for the first time last night to watch a video off it It required connection internet Lost I install a plug-in named PMBInstNBC exe in order to watch a video I started watching Lost internet connection the video and it worked but then I went to change the settings on it and it locked up So I restarted it and it came up with the quot unable to locate server quot error message for when your internet is disconnected I closed the window and opened a new one and it gave the same error message I restarted my computer a number of times and shut down and restarted and it still did not not connect I tried a windows update and that would not connect either I tried using internet explorer and that was not able to access the internet either I disconnected my wife's computer from the router and connected it directly to the service provider modem or whatever it is called that the router plugs into and it worked fine I have not tried to connect my computer directly to the modem to see if it is the router yet but has anyone experienced anything like that

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-internet-connection-472467.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Lost Internet connection- Diagnostics state quot has detected a problwm with the Winsock provider catalog quot FSS scan results any help appreciated- thanks Farbar Service Scanner Ran by Hank administrator on - - at Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Dnscache Service is not running Checking service configuration The start Lost Pro connection -XP Internet type of Dnscache service is OK The ImagePath of Dnscache service is OK The ServiceDll of Dnscache Lost Internet connection -XP Pro service is OK Dhcp Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Dhcp service is OK The ImagePath of Dhcp service is OK The ServiceDll of Dhcp service is OK Tcpip Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Tcpip service is OK The ImagePath Lost Internet connection -XP Pro of Tcpip service is OK IpSec Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of IpSec service is OK The ImagePath of IpSec service is OK Connection Status Localhost is blocked There is no connection to network Attempt to access Google IP returned error Other errors Attempt to access Yahoo Lost Internet connection -XP Pro IP returend error Other errors Windows Firewall sharedaccess Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of sharedaccess service is OK The ImagePath of sharedaccess service is OK The ServiceDll of sharedaccess service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile quot EnableFirewall quot DWORD System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Security Center Windows Update File Check C WINDOWS system dhcpcsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system Drivers afd sys gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system Drivers netbt sys gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system Drivers tcpip sys gt MD is legit Attention C WINDOWS system Drivers ipsec sys is missing C WINDOWS system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system ipnathlp dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system netman dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system srsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system Drivers sr sys gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system wscsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system wuauserv dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system qmgr dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system es dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system cryptsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system svchost exe gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system rpcss dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system services exe gt MD is legit Extra List Gpc IPSec NetBT PSched Tcpip x IpSec Tag value is correct End of log

A:Lost Internet connection -XP Pro

Launch the Farbar scanner again and typeipsec.sys in the BOXClick on search filesPost the generated log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435590/lost-internet-connection-xp-pro/
Relevancy 56.76%

hi i need help,

i lost internet connection a few days back, i connect to my wireless through a rt73 usb wlan key, the strange thing is that i pick up the signal but it just stays in recognizing network + the options like network detection, shared files, share public access file are blocked .
ihave vista business installed and use kaspersky internet security 2009

if anyone can help please do so

Hi and welcome. I've split you off from the thread where you posted in Vista. You should always start your own thread for your particular problem.

Is this your network that you are trying to connect to?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection.722514/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all yesterday I upgraded my laptop lenovo y to windows At first it all connection internet to Lost seemed to be going well but when I first Lost connection to internet restarted I got the driver irql not less or equal error because I hadn t uninstalled my eset antivirus software I deleted the eset SYS file and it started up fine The internet was working fine etc I then uninstalled eset and as soon as I did that the internet stopped connecting It Lost connection to internet shows that I am connect to the WiFi but I cant connect to tthe internet or the router using Also when I go into network and sharing centre it says I am not connected to any networks and in ipconfig -all it only shows Ethernet adapter Bluetooth network connection I have tried complete internet repair and netsh int ip reset in cmd Nothing seems to work Please help I live in a remote area so taking it to a repair shop is out of the question Cheers Hugh nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi. Just joined this forum, so go easy on me ...

I use PuttyCM and generally love it, but there is one behavior that I would like to avoid, or work around, if possible.

Often I open multiple, concurrent PuttyCM sessions to the same target server. For instance, i might be running a long command/tool in 1 session, and doing other things on the same server, in the other session.

What i find is... Only 1 log file is created for both sessions, and the output from both of these sessions is merged together.

This makes it very difficult to follow the sequence of commands in a particular session, if I'm trying to reconstruct what I did, and why it didn't work.

I looked under Tools/Options, but did not find a way to change this behavior.

Any ideas out there?

Thx all,
feenyman99

A:Putty Connection Mgr - Separate Logs for Concurrent Sessions

Hello and Welcome to TSF! I believe this is unix or Linux based which you will have to go to the Alternative Computing/linux portion of TSF.

I will move this thread there if the Linux admins and mods agree.

Please do not recreate a new thread regarding the same issue in the linux support forum unless told other wise by an admin or moderator.

BTW this is Microsoft Support.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/putty-connection-mgr-separate-logs-for-concurrent-sessions-886698.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello I was trying to browse the internet earlier and I randomly just lost my internet connection My homepage loaded up just fine but then I tried to go to connection Randomly lost internet another site It was taking a while to load After about a minute a page finally came up that said quot Server not Randomly lost internet connection found Randomly lost internet connection quot I use firefox Randomly lost internet connection I can t get on any websites now and I can t get internet on any of my wireless devices either When I right clicked my network icon on the toolbar and clicked on diagnose and repair it said quot There may be a problem with the DNS Windows attempted to find the well known host www microsoft com using dns The server responded that the name was unknown quot I have Windows Vista Now I have no idea what I could have done I didn t do anything out of the normal just tried to go to a website that I frequently visit with no problems and this happened This is what I get when I type ipconfig all in cmd prompt I am on a laptop not connected to the same network so I have to type this out There may be some mistakes but I ll try to make sure there aren t C Users user gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name user-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Controller Physical Address - - B- -C -FB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b ec f f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D-CA- - - - - B- -C -FB Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Psuedo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap digis net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description T Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And when I ping yahoo my homepage C Users user gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again Any help is appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all,

I have this problem posted in the Malware Removal forum, but I also wanted to have this problem looked at from a different perspective...

The scenario is this: I have two computers set up on a wireless network; my laptop (which I'm on now) and my dad's PC. The problem is that his computer cannot connect to the Internet. It can connect to the network fine, we can see each other's computers, share resources etc, but he can't get much further than that. Mine, however, is working fine.

I have checked the settings on the router, as well, just in case some level of filtering or firewall setting was restricting access, but everything is normal.

Is there anything I could be overlooking? What else could cause this?

Thank you in advanced.

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys

Have come across a problem with a wireless network. I have a zyxel prestige 600 wireless router connected to a desktop pc. The internet work fine on this machine however the laptop i have connected to the wireless network will not access the internet. Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul

A:lost laptop internet connection

Did this configuration ever work?
Two things come to mind.Firewall and encryption.Disable both(disable firewall on the desktop and the laptop, and disable encryption on the router)) and see if you can connect.Just for a sanity check,make sure that you do not have more than one firewall active.
What antivirus do you have running?
Also can you ping the router from the laptop?
There are some areas that will probably need to be looked at but let's try the obvious first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-laptop-internet-connection.592968/