Windows Support Forum

Microsoft Habu mouse troubles

Q: Microsoft Habu mouse troubles

My Microsoft Habu mouse freezes when at some game servers, I play mainly DFX and in some servers where plenty of action is going on, the "nice" mouse freezes for several seconds, about 5 to 10 seconds....specially if I swirl it.

My PC is home built with an Intel Q6750, 22 inches samsung lcd monitor, G 15 Logitech KB, 4 G memory Mushkin, GForce 280 Video card, nfORCE 780I MOBO,Thermaltake 750 PSU, several fans and a V1 cpu cooler. I run Windows XP Pro 32.

Any idea why this is happening, the driver version is 2.12 and firmware is 2.03 on the mouse. I am about to dump it to the garbage can, any suggestion about a real good and reliable mouse, cost is no issue...

Tks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Microsoft Habu mouse troubles

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Microsoft Habu mouse troubles

Go with a moderately priced Logitec gaming mouse

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-habu-mouse-troubles.123378/
Relevancy 97.61%

Hi all! First post to ask for help

My problem is with this Microsoft Habu Laser mouse. Almost every time I RESTART my computer and get to the desktop my mouse does not respond even the "restart button" at the bottom of the mouse does not help, all I can do is unplug the mouse and plug it back in and it works. This happens also sometimes when computer has been powered down for a while, not always but sometimes.

I even changed this mouse to new one when it had warranty left, but now it's over and not an option anymore.

It does not make a change if I install the Habu drivers and software from the CD or Microsoft's web page.

Is the problem in the mouse or is it some kind of a problem with my computer?

Thank you in advance !

A:Microsoft Habu mouse

Have you let the computer sit for a few minutes before unplugging? It might just be taking the computer a minute to read the mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/96250-microsoft-habu-mouse.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Just got a MS Habu mouse, as I wanted a razor tech mouse, but the MS one feels wonderful. I have put it into Vista, with all software, updated to latest driver, and installed the firmware update. The problem? Damn Vista wont recognise it. If I go to mouse in control panel, it shows nothing... I get awarning panel telling me I wont get full benefit until I installan MS mouse, when I get to the the mouse bit, it tells me I have a wireless 5000... doesnt even LIST a habu.
Any ideas how to fix this? I spend good money on a MS product, and it dont work.. damn you microsoft, damn you!!

Oh.. I checked th eMS site, under drivers for habu, they apparently dont have one, not even listed.
And yes, I AM teed off

A:Habu mouse- damn microsoft!!

Have you tried here
http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=84&nav=0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/habu-mouse-damn-microsoft.668756/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hey guys,
I'm dying to be able to install my drivers for this mouse, but no matter what i do i can't seem to get the drivers to work.

I've tried installing the drivers then connecting the mouse (as instructed in the instructions).

I've tried installing the drivers while the mouse is connected.

I've tried v1.0 of the drivers.

I've tried v2.0 of the drivers.

But none work. I can't even get the firmware on the mouse updated cause apparently when using the newer firmware the new drivers work with it fine.

Also my other problem is it double clicks when i single click, no matter how low the double click speed is set in my settings. Which is driving me insane.

Any help would be appreciated guys.

A:MS Habu USB gaming mouse

Try it on another pc and see how it reacts. Then get back and post results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-habu-usb-gaming-mouse.70184/
Relevancy 69.66%

when i plug mouse in everything works fine.But when i restart my computer it freezes up on the intro screen.So i unplug wireless mouse and plug wired mouse up and computer starts up fine. Help me please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-wireless-optical-mouse-2000-troubles-192884.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have just purchased a Logitech MX310 Optical Mouse and have installed it on my Sony laptop. For some reason, it will not recognize it. When I start up the laptop the light will be on the mouse and then once it completely boots up, the light goes off and the mouse doesn't work. I am running XP Professional. I also purchased a wireless mouse before, with the same problem. I'm sure it's something simple that I am missing!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 51.6%

i'm a newbie so i'm sorry if this is phrased incorrectly i have a dell dimension dimc - vista home premium - service pack - bit OS - HID compliant mouse i can be doing anything on my troubles having mouse pc and my mouse will stop working for no reason and then it will return i've unplugged it having mouse troubles and replugged it back in and sometimes that works and then sometimes it goes out completely and i have to reboot it to get it return i can see the pointer on the screen but it doesn't respond i asked a friend and they said that it might be the drivers so i checked for updates on my drivers and the pc tells me i'm up to having mouse troubles date the same thing is happening on my compaq windows XP pc it's very strange now i'm kinda pc illiterate so any help will have to be very detailed for me to be able to do it any help is greatly appreciated thank you

A:having mouse troubles

Hi Felinesrus,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

First, try swapping mice (using one that you know works) to see if the problem moves from one PC to another. This should help us determine if the problem is the mouse or the computer. If the problem moves with the mouse but the computer using the "good" mouse works fine, then it's almost certainly a problem with the mouse and it may need to be replaced (but we can continue checking if you prefer to rule out other possible though unlikely options before buying a new mouse). Are you saying you have two different mice on different computers exhibiting exactly the same problem? Swapping those mice won't necessarily help (but do so if you have access to no others to see what happens) - you really need a mouse that you know works to do this test properly.

Next, go to Dell and download the most recent driver, firmware, and/or software for your mouse (despite what the PC is telling you and even if they say they are the same versions) and install the updates to replace what is on the system. Sometimes there may be problems so small they aren't detected but still affect how things work. If you provide your Service Tag Code I'll help you find them - or you can do so yourself (with the code, it's pretty easy to find exactly what you need). I'm assuming it's the mouse that came with the computer. If it was bought separately, go to the mouse manufacturer's site instead to get the driver, firmware, and/or software for it.

If that doesn't work, do you know when this problem began? Try a System Restore to a point in time BEFORE the problem began. Here's the procedure: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76905-system-restore-how.html. Be sure to check the box to show more than 5 days of restore points. If the first attempt fails, then try an earlier point or two. NOTE: You will have to re-install any software and updates you installed between now and the restore point, but you can use Windows Update for the updates. Using only the keyboard without the mouse may make it a bit more difficult, but it can still be done.

If that doesn't work, try to boot into safe mode (repeatedly click the F8 key while booting and go to safe mode with networking).

Go to Start / All Programs / Accessories / Command prompt and right click on command prompt and click run as Administrator.

Type sfc /scannow and enter and let it run. It will scan and try to fix some of your system files. Hopefully it will complete with no corruption it could not repair (if there is such corruption post back here or try to analyze it to find the problem file(s) using http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928228. Try to attach the report (you may need to copy it to your desktop before it will permit you to attach it) here so we can see if they can be repaired with good copies from the installation disk (unless there are too many).

While in Command Prompt, type chkdsk /f /r and enter and let it run. It will want to schedule itself to run at the next restart. Answer yes and then reboot to run the program. It will scan and try to fix any corruption or bad sectors on your hard drive and mostly remove that as a potential cause.

If that doesn't work, then please post any error messages from the Event Viewer concerning the mouse (Start / Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Event Viewer). Here's how to use Event Viewer: http://www.petri.co.il/vista-event-viewer.htm. Look in the System section.

You may be infected with malware. Try to run anti-malware programs (in safe mode with networking if necessary). To fix this problem (if it is a problem) download, install, and run the following two programs: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php and http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html. You may also want to try the new, free Microsoft Security Essentials http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Microsoft-Security-Essentials-Download-131683.html (with the caveat that only ONE AV program can be installed and running... Read more

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285981-having-mouse-troubles.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Trying to help someone else with USB Mouse troubles. Problems began after installing a 4+1 port (4 external ports, one internal) USB card. The USB Mouse is randomly recognized, and sometimes freezes up.

Would appreciate some opinions on the following IRQ listing:
The following is their IRQ listing:

0 System timer
1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard
2 Programmable interrupt controller
3 (free)
4 Communications Port (COM2)
5 ES1868 Plug and Play AudioDrive (WDM)
6 Standard Floppy Disk Controller
7 EPSON Printer Port (LPT1)
8 System CMOS/real time clock
9 NEC USB Open Host Controller
9 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
9 Linksys LNE100TX(v5) Fast Ethernet Adapter
10 NEC USB Open Host Controller
10 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
11 NEC PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller
11 S3 ViRGE-DX/GX PCI (375/385)
11 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
12 Standard IDE/ESDI Hard Disk Controller
13 Numeric data processor
14 Primary IDE controller (dual fifo)
14 VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller
15 Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo)
15 VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller
Thanks for your help.

A:USB Mouse Troubles

The O/S in use would be helpful... Looks like W98, but how to be sure...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-mouse-troubles.163065/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am having problems with my mouse going to far to the right on my screen. It goes so far that I can't see the pointer when it goes to the right.

My wife tells me she needs this to play her sims. She needs the screen in sims to roll right but it will not work, don't know if this has anything to do with the mouse going off of the screen to the right.

Relevancy 51.6%

Mouse is giving me problems... when I right click to select something from the menu that pops up.. it doesnt pop up. Or anything else for that matter. Please help!

Relevancy 51.6%

I am haveing trouble with my mouse. The problem is when I press my mouse button once it double clicks. It just started doing this a while ago it is really annoying when surfing the net and hit the back button and goes back twice. Can someone please help me out. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 51.6%

I just got a new laptop hp and im useing the mousepad as we speak Anyways i got Mouse troubles... a optical logitech mouse and i plugged it into the usb port in the back and it picks it up as new hardware but it say its a unknown device and the drivers are not installed for this device code I installed the drivers for the mouse off the logitech site and i still recieved the same problem I also went into the mouse properties then driver details and clicked update drivers then i get this message An error occured during the installation of the device The driver installation file for this device is missing a necssary entry This may be because the INF was written for Windows or later Contact your hardware vendor I contacted logitech tech support and the guy told me a few steps to follow to see if it fixed it and i had no luck I tried diffrent mouses and i had the same problem This is Mouse troubles... a brand new computer so maybe the USB drivers aren t up to date Keep in mind i plugged the mice into my desktop computer ghz P and it just worked when i plugged it in Please help me Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi! I' m having problems since last 1/2 weeks on my old laptop as the mouse started loosing the signal ( either producing the " USB plugged off " sound or just staying silent but behaving like it was removed ). My most used mouse is from Microsoft, but I tried another one from hp and have the same issue. After few or many seconds of inactivity it just comes back to life. Unplugging and putting back on the USB device sometimes refreshes the connection, sometimes has no effect. Of course I tried changing USB entrance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/mouse-troubles/td-p/5847428
Relevancy 51.6%

I am having trouble with a computer that sometimes does not recognize the mouse. It is a serial mouse and I have tried multiple mice, some work some dont. Sometimes it recognizes it then later after shutting down it wont. I am running win 95. Please help....

A:Mouse troubles

It could be the driver.
You said you tried multiple mice, didn't any of those come with floppy disk? Try installing it again.
Or go to control panel, system, device manager, click mouse and right click on mouse port(I'm not familiar with serial mouse, this part could be different) then property.
Under driver tab you will see update driver.
Click that, some more option and choose windows update.
TJ

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-troubles.33876/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am trying to help some people out with their computer. The new mouse will not get recognized by Windows 98. I get that message that is basically mouse won't work BLAH BLAH click to continuue without a mouse. This is a serial port mouse. I have tried everything that I can think of . I tried to install the software again. I tried to put a different mouse in. I tried to install another Com Port and put the mouse there. I tested the continuity of the serial port and examined the pins, allo f that is fine. Short of re-installing windows and replacing the serial port I am stumped. Any sugestions
Thank you in advance from the NEW guy

Jarlin

Relevancy 51.6%

I have the Kensington StudioMouse Graphite Optical Mouse i chose this particular mouse because I do graphic art and photo editing as my hobby I Mouse Troubles have had this particuar mouse for about a year now though from the start it has been glitchy The reason Mouse Troubles I am posting is to be sure this glitchiness is indeed the mouse and not something caused by my system This will help me decide wether Mouse Troubles i should buy a new mouse System Windows XP pro version service pack Computer AMD Athlon XP GHz MB Ram C drive used space GB Free space GB Whats happening When im in the middle of using this mouse it may suddenly Freeze up you hear the sound that says the USB device isnt recognized and then you soon hear the sound for new hardware found and the mouse works again over time online this will become more frequent with the amount of time frozen out weighing the amount of time using it it will get to a point where i have to unplug at the USB port wait a second and then plug back in sometimes even this will not unfreeze my mouse and will cause me to have to ctrl alt del for the task manager to get a reboot It does not matter which USB port I plug this in it will still do the same none of my other USB devices act this way so Im wondering if it is the mouse itself though this is a very good mouse and very well made maybe I was lucky enough to get a bad one LOL Any ideas for me before I have to go pay for yet another mouse Kind Regards DezertBLU nbsp

A:Mouse Troubles

Well, try with another mouse first. You don't have to buy some expensive one - a simple $5 USB rodent will do.

More things to do: update the system BIOS, update the motherboard drivers to their latest version. Update the mouse software (I'm sure such an exclusive thing came with some) to the latest version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-troubles.67107/
Relevancy 51.6%

So for the past few months the mice on my computer have been acting up. Each time is usually the wireless mouse has started skipping or stops registering anything for about 5 seconds in every 30 seconds. It has gotten very annoying and i'm not exactly sure why. I have a feeling it may be related to it being a cheep optical mouse and am considering getting a laser mouse soon. Though, the strangest thing about these problems is that the mice will be fine for a while (maybe up to 2 hours of constant use) then the above problems will show themselves (referring to each day and not first two hours after purchase).

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

I have also tried using different brands and USB ports and it still does the same thing.

I use windows 7 and have not had this problem on this computer before.

Relevancy 51.17%

I recently lost a hard drive. I replaced it and the power supply (which also failed). I did a fresh install of XP on my computer and now my optical mouse light stays on. It used to turn off. It has to be a software setting somewhere, I even installed the mouse software so the computer knows it is optical. It is hooked up on the ps2 port, as it always has been. I dislike leaving it on because I sleep it the same room, and also it will probably cause the mouse to die sooner than normal. Any help would be appreciated.

A:mouse light troubles

If the mouse has the option of connecting thru USB you may want to try that.

P.S: no software is required for basic mouse functions, sometimes the software can cause issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-light-troubles.278186/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I am Troubles Solved: Mouse >.< usually pretty good at pulling out my googler and solving most of Solved: Mouse Troubles >.< my techy problems even though I lack all things techy However this issue has me and my googler stumped I have a new toshiba satellite about months old now and I use an ONN wireless mouse with it well usually Yesterday while I was up and about doing grown-up things like dishes and laundry my lappy went into standby sleep mode When I I returned to my laptop I found that my mouse was no longer responding I checked the power yep still getting power - light was shining as brightly as expected I unplugged the usb part and plugged it back in nothing I pushed the connect button more times that was likely needed Still nothing just as a precaution I put in new batteries reset and still no action at all So Im scratching my head by that point and trying not to become overly annoyed A light goes off My desktop has a wireless mouse as well but I dont use it because the left mouse button is not very dependable now-a-days So I swap out the mice the old one works fine on the lappy aside from the non-working button but the new one also works beautifully on the desktop So Im not sure what the deal is next I put the new mouse back on my laptop uninstalled the driver unplugged it restarted the computer plugged it back in and let windows recognize it again Bam it worked For about whole minutes I m completely lost at this point the mouse isnt defective it works fine on the other pc the laptop usb ports aren t failing because other usb devices work on it fine The mouse gets power it shows up in the device manager the drivers are up to date and this was all caused by a random sleep mode Please help I need my mouse And Im blonde nbsp

A:Solved: Mouse Troubles >.<

I actually had a similar problem with a wireless mouse from Microsoft.

It seems like you've already gone through all the steps I did - reinstall drivers, new batteries, reconnect the USB receiver, and hit the "reconnect button."

Ultimately, I ended up purchasing a wireless mouse from Logitech because I couldn't get the Microsoft one to work anymore.

The only thing that you haven't listed that I could suggest is downloading the drivers directly from the manufacturer's website instead of letting Windows supply generic drivers for the mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mouse-troubles.1079504/
Relevancy 51.17%

A friend of mine has a Dell laptop that is messing up. when he starts typing his cursor/pointer goes to the start button automatically, when he tries to bring the cursor back up it starts floating around for a little while. Then it starts working fine, until he starts typing again. Any help would be great. Thanks

A:Mouse Pointer Troubles

He is running Windows XP SP 2 or 3, not sure.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-pointer-troubles-324929.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there,

It may be just a co-incidence, but last night I allowed the lastest windows patches to be installed and now I have fun with mouse related tasks. For example if I click on the speaker icondown next to the clock (standard screen layout), the volume then scrolls straight up to maximum with me touching it. The most annoying change is that when I try to print from the MS office button, the print control screen comes up as expected, but the number of copies scrolls up rapidly from 1 to hundreds.

I have also had trouble for a few days renaming files as when I select a file and do right mouse to rename and then click on the file name it opens the file rather than letting me do a rename.

I have Norton protection and ensure this is up to date.

Any ideas out there please!

Many thanks in anticipation

Regards,

Paul

A:Mouse troubles mainly after last Vista upgrade

Paul which mouse do you have? Is it a plug and play model or something with separate drivers?

If with separate drivers, you should be able to do a repair or uninstall and re-install it. You should also have device settings that you can regulate.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/223038-mouse-troubles-mainly-after-last-vista-upgrade.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I've got a wireless mouse (Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000) that has stopped working. The mouse itself works fine, but the USB receiver (Microsoft Notebook Receiver v2.0) doesn't seem to be connecting. When I plug it in, the light that indicates it's connected flashes briefly then goes off. I've tried changing the batteries, that doesn't have anything to do with it. Also, in the device manager under mice and other pointer devices, there's only one device. It's called "Alps Pointing-device for VAIO". My computer is a laptop, so I think it's the touch pad built into the laptop.

Finally, I've tested the receiver on other computers, with the same result. So it's definitely a problem on the mouse's end. Any ideas?

A:Wireless Optical Mouse Troubles

try re-installing the mouse and while you at it you might want to see if there are any updates to the drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-optical-mouse-troubles.932591/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all,

I'm not sure how to explain my troubles, I recently had to re:install Win2000 Pro on my IBM Clone PC. Once it installed, my Logitech Cordless Opitical Mouse driver will not load, rendering it's features of special buttons... "ikernal" not loading, or ikernal in use. What must I do to get the proper driver installed again?

Help, Wogster.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ikernal-mouse-troubles-in-win2000.192800/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a desktop that has a Siemen Fujitsu wireless mouse and keyboard.

Recently we had a power failure.

In order to start the computer it needs a keyboard input.

But – the drivers are not loaded for it to accept the commands of a wireless keyboard.

Plugging in an ordinary keyboard doesn’t seem to help either.

Now what?

A:Wireless Mouse and Keyboard troubles

Plugging in a normal keyboard should work (are you sure that keyboard works on another machine)? If not, it could be a problem with the motherboard after the power failure....are you running a surge protector by chance? What happens when you attempt to start the computer? Any activity? Anything on the screen? Do you have a bios password set?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-mouse-and-keyboard-troubles.87734/
Relevancy 50.31%

Edit: I'm not using my computer right now. Due the the problem that I can use a mouse or keyboard on my main computer.

I'm not sure that this is in the right place, but here i go.
You see I was installing Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0, but then my keyboard stopped functioning, and so did the mouse. You see when i turned on the computer the boot screen is black. So when I tried another keyboard, my computer could boot, except the keyboard doesn't work. Neither does the mouse. I tried another keyboard and mouse. Nuthin. Please help.
The info i can provide about my computer is.
I run on XP Home Edition
I have Compaq Desktop.

Relevancy 50.31%

I've got a wireless mouse (Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000) that has stopped working. The mouse itself works fine, but the USB receiver (Microsoft Notebook Receiver v2.0) doesn't seem to be connecting. When I plug it in, the light that indicates it's connected flashes briefly then goes off. I've tried changing the batteries, that doesn't have anything to do with it. Also, in the device manager under mice and other pointer devices, there's only one device. It's called "Alps Pointing-device for VAIO". My computer is a laptop, so I think it's the touch pad built into the laptop.

Finally, I've tested the receiver on other computers, with the same result. So it's definitely a problem on the mouse's end. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-optical-mouse-troubles.932372/
Relevancy 50.31%

Is there a way to assign the ALT+TAB key combination to a mouse button in the Mouse & Keyboard Center?
I select the "Key Commands"-> "Key Combination" field but I can not find a way to enter a
TAB keystroke.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Assiging ALT+TAB to a mouse button with the Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center?

I changed the timing on the TAB press to 1 second. Still doesn't work.
Here is how it looks now:

I just remembered that we have seen this deficiency before.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-tms/switch-window-mouse-macro-no-longer-works-on/4921ad4e-93b8-4dea-8884-dda2ce642060 
Sorry for the confusion.

Robert Aldwinckle
---

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d0a5e241-00bc-49e7-9356-8459dc00e5a0/assiging-alttab-to-a-mouse-button-with-the-microsoft-mouse-amp-keyboard-center?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.31%

This is really starting to annoy the hell out of me I just picked up a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse the Notebook mouse to be exact for my home entertainment center I have my PC ran to a monitor and a inch Samsung LED LCD TV for watching movies etc The problem is the HDMI cord is run threw the wall so the PC is in another room so I cant use the normal mouse on the PC I bought a bluetooth mouse due to the increased range but I'm having nothing but with mouse. 5000 Notebook Bluetooth Microsoft Issues Mouse issues I have the Microsoft Bluetooth dongle btw didn't come with the mouse the mouse actually comes with no dongle Anyway it connects fine but if I stop using it for like an hour or whatever it disconnects and nothing I do will reconnect it unless I take my other mouse go into bluetooth devices delete it and readd it all over again WHY THE HELL does it keep doing this lol It's very annoying I sit down to watch a movie and discover I cant start it without first going into the other room and readding my mouse I'm well within range and I've tried moving the bluetooth mouse to the same room as the PC to use it with the PC and it still does the same thing Help

A:Issues with Bluetooth mouse. Microsoft Notebook Mouse 5000

Quote: Originally Posted by kdogg

This is really starting to annoy the hell out of me. I just picked up a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse, the Notebook 5000 mouse to be exact for my home entertainment center.

I have my PC ran to a monitor and a 55 inch Samsung LED LCD TV for watching movies etc. The problem is, the HDMI cord is run threw the wall so the PC is in another room so I cant use the normal mouse on the PC. I bought a bluetooth mouse due to the increased range but I'm having nothing but issues.

I have the Microsoft Bluetooth dongle btw, didn't come with the mouse, the mouse actually comes with no dongle.

Anyway it connects fine but if I stop using it for like an hour or whatever it disconnects and nothing I do will reconnect it unless I take my other mouse, go into bluetooth devices, delete it and readd it all over again.

WHY THE HELL does it keep doing this lol?

It's very annoying, I sit down to watch a movie and discover I cant start it without first going into the other room and readding my mouse.

I'm well within range and I've tried moving the bluetooth mouse to the same room as the PC to use it with the PC and it still does the same thing.

Help?

It's your dongle. I have the same mouse and it works absolutely fine. I'll bet you have the USB option set to power the dongle down when unused. How's the radio in the mouse supposed to wake up a sleeping dongle?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/107627-issues-bluetooth-mouse-microsoft-notebook-mouse-5000-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Lately I have been having an annoying problem with my wireless mouse. For some reason the pointer will lag, and be very sluggish and jumpy. I've had this mouse on this computer for about a year and I've had no problem. Out of nowhere this problem is happening. I've tried re installing drivers with no luck. I tried uninstalling intellipoint and re-installing it, but when I tried I got the BSOD, and then it completely disabled my mouse and keyboard so I had to use wired peripherals to go in to safe mode and do a system restore. Now everything is working again, except my mouse is still jumpy.

Thanks for any help.

A:Annoying mouse lag - Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500

Erratic behaviour from wireless peripherals, especially keyboards and/or mice, particularly where they were working correctly before, generally points to a dying battery in the peripheral. Have you tried replacing it? If it is rechargeable, it may no longer be holding charge and will also need replacing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/253795-annoying-mouse-lag-microsoft-wireless-mobile-mouse-3500-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I run on XP, Microsoft Office 2003, and internet explorer 6.0.

I have a previous thread on here that is somewhat related to this. I try to open Word, and it tells me that windows is trying to configure Office. Now, Word doesn't open when I let the configuration run free. I tried to repair Office in Add or remove Programs, but as the installer gets about halfway, I get a message saying, "Installation ended prematurely due to an error," and then another popup saying, "Fatal error during installation."

A:more Microsoft Office troubles

I do not know the solution to your problem. However, if it were me, I would completely remove Office manually and reinstall it. Here's how to remove it:
http://www.officearticles.com/misc/remove_microsoft_office_from_your_pc.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/more-microsoft-office-troubles.521778/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey there, I'm getting and error when trying to update to .Net framework 3.5 along with the family pack. The install just fails every time with windows update with the error code 643.
I currently have ONLY have 2.0 and 3.0 SP2 installed that i can't uninstall them at all. I can only Install .Net framework 2.0 it doesn't let me install 3.0.
I have tried so many methods but none of them seem to do anything, I've tried the utility installer cleaner and the Aaron's blog .Net framework remover.
I have the idea that if i uninstall 2.0 and 3.0 SP2 and then do a fresh install of 3.5 it will work, but i think you need 2.0 and 3.0 SP2 in order to install 3.5, if this is the case then why doesn't it work?

I'm running windows Vista Ultimate x32, 2GB ram, Nvidia 7900 GS if that helps.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-net-framework-troubles-369025.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys. I have windows updates set to manual. Yesterday i checked for updates  and found more that 10 important updates. I selected all for installing. I recieved two _80070103  error
messages for  "Microsoft - Pointing Drawing - Microsoft Hardware USB Mouse" and "Microsoft - Keyboard, Other hardware - Microsoft Hardware USB Keyboard" updates. I looked at update history and found out 8 similiar update failures !
 I have windows 8.1 and i use wireless keyboard and mouse.  Shall i just unistall that failed updates or it might affect my mouse and keyboard performance? Thank you!

A:microsoft - pointing drawing - microsoft hardware usb mouse download fail.

Hi Alona,
If you receive Windows Update error 80070103 while installing updates, you might be trying to install a driver that is already installed on your computer or a driver that might be less compatible than one you already have installed.

So, if you did not encounter any performance issue about mouse and keyboard before, you can hide these updates and don't install them again.
Best regards,Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact [email protected]
Niko Cheng
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/69751a1f-a0fd-4f5b-9c67-2e711db766c0/microsoft-pointing-drawing-microsoft-hardware-usb-mouse-download-fail?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I m really hoping someone here can help me My logitech corded optical mouse was working pretty well but it was a little slow so I decided to switch it out with a microsoft comfort optical mouse I XP, freeze! microsoft Mouse to from logitech switched mouse have another machine and both mice seem Mouse freeze! XP, switched from logitech to microsoft mouse to work perfectly there But on Mouse freeze! XP, switched from logitech to microsoft mouse my main machine they both lock up after a few minutes and the only thing that fixes it is rebooting I was highly suspecting it was a conflict between logitech and microsoft software at first I tried this http support microsoft com kb several times to clear the registry and start fresh But each time I ended up having to use system restore after I can clear everything out and then the USB hub is detected when I reboot but the mouse is not I check device manager and it says it has an HID compliant mouse and the mouse lights up like it has power but won t move at all Does anyone have any ideas Is there any more information I could give that would be helpful to troubleshoot Thanks so much Airmide nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freeze-xp-switched-from-logitech-to-microsoft-mouse.660795/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a new Windows 8 installation and used a different email address to do so. However, I get the following message:
Call us overprotective, but we need to verify that [email protected] is yours
Before you can continue, you need to check your inbox for a message from the Microsoft account team. Follow the instructions in the mail to finish setting up your account.
Use a different email address as your Microsoft account
We were unable to send you an email. Try again later.
It continues to say the last line above "We were unable to send you an email. Try again later." for the last 12 hours. If I try to use a different email address, I get the message that I am unable to change the email address. I am in a never ending loop with this, can you provide any assistance?
Regards,

Dave

A:Microsoft Account Verification Troubles

Go to Microsoft Support. If chat fails, then they will send you somewhere else, and by digging around you can find MS phone support yourself. Don't know where you are and, thus, if I have given you the right link.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/22789-microsoft-account-verification-troubles.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey all.
I just downloaded and installed money essentials. When I open the program, it says I need an update, and I click ok, and the text box comes back up telling me I need the update, I click ok, and it says that the download cannot be completed because the service is being used by another program.
I rebooted and tried to do it agin, but I got the same thing.
If someone can help me out, it is much appreciated...
TIA!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-money-essentials-troubles.666729/
Relevancy 49.45%

I may have mouse troubles related to a found trojan(assuming it isn't a false positive).Here is the thread on the mouse problem so you folks can see what has been happening...

Mouse Issues Causing Minor Irritations Help Needed

What i need to know is if any relation to what you've read in the above thread and the trojan found or if it's a false positive and i should forget about it.The folder the alleged trojan was found in is the game Patrician 3 which i bought from gog.com over a month ago.The mouse problems began yesterday when i turned on the computer.Again,the problems are mere irritations.The computer is functioning normally.Just the odd behavior as described in the above linked thread.

A:Help needed regarding a trojan found and possible relation to mouse troubles

It may be a false positive. You can do a scan with either Malwarebytes or with an online scanner like ESET or Kaspersky or all three. Kaspersky also has a file scanner you can use to test this file. If they all are negative, most likely you have a false positive. I am not using Avast, but I am sure there is a forum for it somewhere, where you can take this up, in case the other scanners fail to identify this file as a trojan.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/246083-help-needed-regarding-trojan-found-possible-relation-mouse-troubles.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I don t want to waste anyone s time here so let me see how I can make this as short and yet as informative as browser troubles Internet Explorer Microsoft possible This past Friday I finally gave in and downloaded and installed the new version of Yahoo instant messenger the stupid popup window Microsoft Internet Explorer browser troubles of theirs saying update was getting on my nerves so I gave in MISTAKE It installed and I went to go and instant message but was annoyed by the bannerads in the chats A nice friend of mine who I haven t talked to in a long time and forgotten the name of gave me a little program that would block the bannerads in the yahoo chatrooms GAH I loved that program Since I couldn t find that person again to request a copy again of that program I went onto google and tried hunting for a bannerad blocking program like the one I had used before Because I didn t exactally remember the name of the program I made the best guess I could picked a Yahoo bannerad blocking program I think it was called Messenger Ad Blocker or Ad Blocker from http pcwin com software Messenger Ad Blocker index- htm but I don t know for certainty I didn t exactally memorize the program s name downloaded and installed it The stupid program wouldn t open because it said several files dll Microsoft Internet Explorer browser troubles I believe if I remember correctly were missing and that the program couldn t be opened I was angry and removed that program from my pc Now unfortunately when I click a link to open in a new window when browsing a picture gallery or when I right click and Open Link In New Window a new browser window will open I thought that maybe the newly installed version of Yahoo had done this to my pc so I uninstalled that and reinstalled Yahoo im only to find out that the problem remained though of course I wasn t overly happy with Yahoo version to begin with gt lt blech At the top of the window it will read Microsoft Internet Exploror The page remains white and blank I have to click the stop button refresh button and THEN the link will open and the new page image will display on the newly opened page This is REALLY pissing me off because its a lot of extra work I don t want to bother with And for anyone who s curious I don t have many programs running on my pc Basically just because I only have running what I actually use My antivirus program my dsl connector Task Scheduler Winamp Volume Controls and MSN or Yahoo when I feel like being on either one of them though most times they are not active because I don t feel like talking on them or checking my mail with them Windows version IE Normal mode Compaq Computer Corporation GenuineIntel Pentium r II Processor MB RAM DSL enabled behind no firewalls Antivirus program enabled Please anyone who can help me get this straightened out and get my window-browsers-that-open-up-into-a-new-browser-window-open function back to normal I would really really REALLY appreciate it a lot Thanks in advance to anyone who helps and thank YOU for taking the time to read this even if you can t help nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone I ve been reading other posts and trying different things but I am unable to stop the pop-ups Also after my pc has been on for a short time the mouse reaction becomes very slow I have run Adaware and spybot with no improvements Here is my latest HT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS troubles, mouse poor Pop-up with coupled keyboard and response [Solved] SYSTEM SSDPSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON [Solved] Pop-up troubles, coupled with poor keyboard and mouse response FILES MICROSOFT SHARED VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB REALSCHED EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM BYCCLOAP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM CQBF EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM UNPV EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPZSTC EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPZSTATX EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXE C WINDOWS DESKTOP HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http ie loc searchurl amp q s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar file C WINDOWS SYSTEM SearchBar htm R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - DD-C E- -AF -DD C C - C WINDOWS TWAINTEC DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run TCASUTIEXE TCAUDIAG -off O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run xuuhnhwrdjt C WINDOWS SYSTEM byccloap exe O - HKLM Run Dsi C WINDOWS SYSTEM DP-HIM EXE O - HKLM Run QEKE T NG WG C WINDOWS SYSTEM QgpXq exe O - HKLM RunServices SSDPSRV C WINDOWS SYSTEM ssdpsrv exe O - HKLM RunServices ScriptBlocking quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Script Blocking SBServ exe quot -reg O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Extra button Real com HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console HKLM O - Extra button Dell Home HKCU O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www dellnet com O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - DPF F -B - -A -B BB A C - http a g akamai net apple com qt us win QuickTimeInstaller exe O - DPF - B- D - EAC- C D CF IPIX ActiveX Control - http www ipix com viewers ipixx cab O - DPF BCE A-DC B- -A - FDA DB D Info Class - http www blizzard com register war beta si cab O - DPF B CD - E - D - - A C Yahoo Audio Conferencing - http us chat yimg com us yimg com i chat applet v yacscom cab O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net housecall antivirus com housecall xscan cab O - DPF E E- B C- D - - BD D AV Class - http www pcpitstop com antivirus PCPAV CAB O - DPF A DA -D - B - - C CD DmiReader Class - http ftp us dell com fixes PROFILER CAB O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x ansi iuctl CAB O - DPF C E-CD - D -BBFB- A F D InstallShield Setup Player - http www onlineringman com install isetup cab O - DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - Shockwave ActiveX Control - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs director sw cab Thank you for any help in advance P S for a time I was getting a pop-up about the sasser worm but was never able to locate a virus with any online virus scans nbsp

A:[Solved] Pop-up troubles, coupled with poor keyboard and mouse response

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pop-up-troubles-coupled-with-poor-keyboard-and-mouse-response.233154/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Everyone - So I m turning to the forums to see if I cant fix the issues Antivirus Spyware/Malware Having with Microsoft troubles "fake" the I m currently having with my machine I m running WIN Having troubles with the "fake" Microsoft Antivirus Spyware/Malware XP Pro Version Srv Pack My Machine is an AMD Athlon Processor GHz GB of RAM I ve been getting hit lately with the quot fake quot Microsoft Antivirus crap and while doing some searching on the internet for help on how to remove it has led me to this site Well just tonight I spent my second night in about a week trying to clean it up So obviously it s not quot completely quot gone and just lingering around to piss me off I have currently been running the rkill application and then the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan both times this has happened Seems to work for a little bit but then well here I am again What has happened after tonight s episode is now when I m trying to run an application from my desktop I m getting a quot Run As quot window that s asking me quot Which user account do you want to use to run this program quot Some of my icons have also disappeared Could someone please give me some guidance on what I need to be doing Rather annoying as I m sure you haven t heard that before Many Thanks in advance Cheers

A:Having troubles with the "fake" Microsoft Antivirus Spyware/Malware

Hello and welcome.We need a deeper look. Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9 and not here,thanks.If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.Let me know if that went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/307992/having-troubles-with-the-fake-microsoft-antivirus-spywaremalware/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey everybody I ve been trying to figure this out for a while but just can t seem to get it to work right I have the Microsoft Office Access Developer Extensions which has a packaging wizard that is used to package up a Access database and include a runtime environment so users without access on their computer can use a database I have access on the computer in my office so I take the file I want to package and run the wizard creating a setup file for the database and runtime Now I go over Solved: Access Office Microsoft Developer Extensions 2003 Troubles to the server run the setup program and have it installed on the server I can run the database on Solved: Microsoft Office Access 2003 Developer Extensions Troubles the server fine I open it up it runs in runtime mode just as the package wizard said it should and I can do whatever I want The problem I am having is I try to create a share so that I can share this program with users on the network When I do this it just doesn t work right It is saying that it can Solved: Microsoft Office Access 2003 Developer Extensions Troubles t find the Solved: Microsoft Office Access 2003 Developer Extensions Troubles file quot C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop ifg agent database ifg agents modified mdb quot Any ideas on what is going on nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I just ran my Microsoft Windows Update a couple of days ago which included Microsoft - Keyboard - Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard (Mouse and Keyboard Center). I think this is the culprit causing my problems. Now both my mousepad on my laptop and my mouse are active at the same time and I am unable to uninstall or turn off the mousepad. I've tried uninstall two different ways and neither worked after restarting and shutting down as per instructions. It is driving me crazy because it is extremely hard to type as the cursor will jump on the page and insert my typed letters into the wrong place. I have to get it uninstalled! Typing this is a nightmare and I am not dragging my thumbs on the pad or touching it in anyway. Any suggestions?

A:Microsoft - Keyboard - Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Update

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-keyboard-microsoft-usb-dual-receiver-wireless-keyboard-mouse-update.1089853/
Relevancy 43%

I am using a intelleye mouse and it hangs up and beep I have increased the packets an I have checked the port to make sure the mouse is plugged in?No its not a wireless mouse either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-mouse.217429/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have just bought a new mouse for my computer, its a microsoft optical wheel mouse. It seems to work fine on the desktop but when i get into a game such as CS it seems to freeze in places, particually when im aiming. It will move fine but when i try and aim at someone sometimes the mouse wont move as if its kinda frozen, its hard to explain but if any of you have any ideas why this might be would be very much appreciated!

A:Microsoft Mouse Problems

The "lag" you are referring to is fairly common in lower priced optical mice. what model do you have and what kind of surface are you using it on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-mouse-problems.41341/
Relevancy 42.57%

I cannot get my computer MS-XP,ComPAQ sr1110nx to see my new mouse. I have a wireless keyboard also and don't like the fingerpad to play games,
How can I get both to work? I had wireless mouse that worked fine before it didn't. For some reason it would not hold a charge and could not find anyone to sell me a new battery pak. (Gyration ULTRA GT)
Applebrandy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-mouse.863779/
Relevancy 42.57%

My mouse was working fine until I had Not Mouse Working Microsoft to move my pc around for painting after setting it all back up I think I put the USB for the receiver wireless mouse in a different USB slot than it was before - I had to install the software again Ever since then my mouse has been playing up it has Microsoft Mouse Not Working been lagging and not working for a few seconds I have since tried putting it in different USB slots but this seems to have made the problem worse Earlier today my mouse stopped working well the mouse is fine it just wont respond on my PC - I plugged it into a different USB slot and it worked again still with lags though Just a minute a go it packed in on the other USB slot and wont work on any of the others I think this may be due to conflicting drivers or something seeing as it s installed on loads of different USB ports I m probably wrong I don t know too much about these sort of things If anyone could help me on this as soon as possible it would be greatly appreciated my PC is currently useless without a mouse I had to navigate to this page on the keyboard bit of a mission I am using a Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer which uses the Microsoft Mouse software Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, my girlfriend bout a Microsoft wireless mouse: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000.
She seemed to like the mouse, and used it for about two weeks for her desktop.
One day, she called me crying, saying she burned her hand by the "melted" mouse receiver. So I went down to her room and saw the receiver all melted down on her HP desktop. I had to pull out the metal part of usb receiver by tweezers.
I am so mad! How can this happen? Seems like short circuit or something... I want to even sue microsoft .. at least to get a refund or replacement. Can anybody tell me what I should do? Thank you, Jeff

A:Microsoft Mouse Meltdown!

"Get on the horn to MS and let them hear about it!" would be one answer. Another if you have the receipt is return for refund at the store it purchased from. Obviously it was due to a manufacturer's defect that got out.

Typically MS is a software company where other companies are under contracts to manufacture the hardwares they sell. Aparently some QC slipped up and missed that one!

It's a shame seeing that one since generally their hard wired models are durable as well as the keyboards. I would advise trying to get the refund if not exchange for it however.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/150389-microsoft-mouse-meltdown.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I found a thread but in the process of joining tech support I lost it...I need assistance on making my microsoft cordless mouse work after changing the batteries....I tried to check in the hardware in control panel as suggested but can't find the device recognized...now I need to know how to replace the driver I guess??

A:Microsoft cordless mouse

Welcome to TSG!
If the batteries were dead, or out too long, the mouse will forget the channel it was using, and you just need to let them search again.
There should be a button on the transmitter (part connected to the PC) and another button on the Mouse (may be marked connect).
Press the button on the transmitter, then press the button on the mouse (you have 10-30 seconds to press the mouse button).
You might just need to press the button on the Mouse, so I'd try that first.

They will then scan the radio frequencies they use until they find each other and agree on what channel to use.

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-cordless-mouse.834850/
Relevancy 42.57%

Yesterday around pm EST my Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical USB mouse it started losing connection It has a light on it and it Mouse Microsoft Problems keeps going on and off Sometimes it makes the disconnect hardware and reconnect hardware sounds But right now i had to put in a back up mouse because every time i would touch the other mouse it would go off But even after a while the back up mouse starts to do the same thing I'm starting to think it is a Windows issue I just did a clean install of Windows on Tuesday June th and until yesterday it worked fine and it also worked fine before i clean installed I think it is a Windows issue because my webcam resets about every - minutes even though the software for it is installed as is its driver Microsoft Mouse Problems But when i installed Windows on Tuesday i did not install IntelliPoint I did this last night and it fixed my problem It has worked since then all the way up to about minutes ago At first it starts disconnecting for a split second maybe every two minutes but it quickly escalates to it going off for seconds every time i touch it I really need help because i need to have a Microsoft Mouse Problems mouse Any help at all is appreciated

A:Microsoft Mouse Problems

Quote: Originally Posted by jmixmaster

Yesterday around 10pm EST, my Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical USB mouse, it started losing connection. It has a light on it, and it keeps going on and off. Sometimes it makes the disconnect hardware and reconnect hardware sounds. But right now, i had to put in a back up mouse because every time i would touch the other mouse, it would go off. But even after a while, the back up mouse starts to do the same thing.

I'm starting to think it is a Windows 7 issue. I just did a clean install of Windows 7 on Tuesday (June 29th), and until yesterday, it worked fine, and it also worked fine before i clean installed. I think it is a Windows 7 issue, because my webcam resets about every 1-5 minutes, even though the software for it is installed, as is its driver. But, when i installed Windows 7 on Tuesday, i did not install IntelliPoint. I did this last night and it fixed my problem. It has worked since then, all the way up to about 45 minutes ago. At first, it starts disconnecting for a split second, maybe every two minutes, but it quickly escalates to it going off for 10 seconds every time i touch it.

I really need help because i need to have a mouse! Any help at all is appreciated!

I think you are right about it being 7 and not just the mouse since it affects your webcam.

Tell me more about your copy of 7 and where you got it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/95272-microsoft-mouse-problems.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a microsoft mouse 2.0A, it used to work ok but now when ever i move it it always jumps diagonally left really fast. This is very irritating as i like to click on things with my mouse and this makes it difficult to unless i am very quick. Any suggestions?

A:Microsoft Mouse problem

Go to device manager uninstall that device.reboot and reinstall the driver for that mouse. Maybe they have an update driver for it. Check connections also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-mouse-problem.400295/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi everyone, i'm a newbie here so hi!

I wondered if anyone could help me, I just bought a Microsoft wireless mouse for my ASUS notebook as I have it connected to my tv via hdmi and wanted to be able to browse the net and control other things from my sofa rather than sitting on the floor! (as the hd cable is v short)

If Im using the mouse, how would I get the onscreen keyboard to stay onscreen so I can type? my laptop is touchscreen and the keyboard only pops up when I tap the screen.....

think I might have wasted my money!

A:Wireless Microsoft Mouse

You'll have to bear with me as I don't have a touch screen device and therefore don't use the on-screen keyboards, however do any of the following ways help?

1) Right click on the Taskbar at the bottom of the desktop, then go to Toolbars > Touch Keyboard. That will put an icon in the Taskbar, which you can click to toggle the on-screen keyboard.

2) From the start screen, type OSK, then click On-Screen Keyboard in the search results. This will launch an on-screen keyboard that will stay on screen until you close it.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/38332-wireless-microsoft-mouse.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I am having up Mouse Slowing Microsoft a problem with my Microsoft wireless optical mouse It doesn t capture items I click on most of the time I have tried to reload the driver and software but have had no success The Microsoft Mouse Slowing up keyboard appears to work fine Here is my Hi-jack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer Microsoft Mouse Slowing up v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PifSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Wireless-N PCI Adapter WLService exe C Program Files Wireless-N PCI Adapter WMP N exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PifSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO EWPBrowseObject Class - F E- - E - AAF- BC A A BE - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint EWPBrowseLoader dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Norton AntiVirus Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run RoxioEngineUtility quot C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared System EngUtil exe quot O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run CanonMyPrinter C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe logon O - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PifSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A AlertEng dll quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run PrintServer Diagnostic C Program Files Print S... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-mouse-slowing-up.807467/
Relevancy 42.14%

My Keyboard/Mouse 3000 isn't working correctly.  I can't reinstall without deleting the program.  If I delete the program, my mouse and keyboard won't work, so I cannot install the program again.  If I had ham, I'd have ham and eggs, if
I had eggs.  What's my move?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a9417fc2-41af-427b-8e36-75a29e7c38aa/microsoft-keyboardmouse-install?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 42.14%

Installed new key & mouse.Everything worked fine for couple of weeks. then key & mouse started freezing up about once an hour. Checked sending unit and now 2 lights showing instead of one. Installed new unit and single light is on and working good for a week, then started freezing again and 2 lights on the sender.Changed the sending unit with new one and after a period of thime same problem. Stumped !
IntelPentium4 3.20GHz 1.00GB of Ram, Win.XP Pro.
Kaspersky Pro Virus Scan.

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello everyone,

I've been having problems with two of my Wireless Arc Mice from MS. It only occurs when using this computer.

The problem is.. When I use my mouse, sometimes it'll just stop taking input (moving the cursor) and it will take a bit before it'll start taking input again.

Now, I know its not the mouse itself as it did this with my other Arc Mouse, and it doesn't happen when I'm booted Linux.

So.. anyone have any suggestions? I've tried just using the standard HID_Compliant Mouse driver, and the driver provided by Microsoft via IntelliPoint. No differences with either.

A:Microsoft Wireless Arc Mouse problems

same problem here. Mouse stutters and freezes and so on...
Unusable

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/85887-microsoft-wireless-arc-mouse-problems.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I dunno how else to explain it; the mouse doesnt't start right away. Activate?
I installed the drivers/software from the microsoft site, but when i re-boot my computer it takes maybe a full 2 minutes for my mouse to start working.

A:Microsoft Arc Mouse Doesn't 'Start' Right Away

Welcome

Go to device manager and make sure that the driver for the mouse is up to date and working properly.

Try another mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/88314-microsoft-arc-mouse-doesnt-start-right-away.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi guys n girls This is so annoying as it has happened before but I cannot remember how on earth I fixed it I have a Microsoft wireless mouse mobile mouse had it for years and it's worked fine except this issue once scrolling not Microsoft Mouse zooming before All of sudden tonight the mouse centre wheel starts zooming in and out instead of scrolling and left click is opening everything in a new window My trackpad on the laptop is working fine Sony Vaio laptop Win Home bit No software or hardware updates have happened nothing in particular happened I was scrolling through eBay and all of a sudden it stopped scrolling and started zooming My keys are fine the ctrl keys are not stuck down I have reset the mouse to default re-installed the mouse sworn at it threatened it with violence nothing still the same Oh and my trackpad is doing the same thing swiping it is zooming and when I try to left or right click it just freezes I Microsoft Mouse zooming not scrolling have Googled the issue and all I can see is people giving stupid responses like changing things in the registry which I am not going to entertain clearly this is something 'simple' that has happened so I am not going to mess up my laptop and start re-writing things on it Any help would be greatly appreciated I know it was something simple before but I really am so frustrated because I cannot remember what it was

A:Microsoft Mouse zooming not scrolling

Often Malware exhibits odd behavior, it's an easy thing to scan for.

AdwCleaner is a two step process. Scan then Clean

Step 1: Download and Scan

Click here to download AdwCleaner (author: Xplode)
>> save the application to your Desktop.
Right-click AdwCleaner.exe on your Desktop and select Run As Administrator to run the scanner with full privilege rights.
AdwCleaner is a standalone executable, there is no install.
Click on the Scan button.
>> AdwCleaner begins scanning your system. It might take some time to complete, be patient
When the scan has finished, click on the Report button
>> the AdwCleaner log: AdwCleaner[R#].txt is opened in your default Text editor.
[R#] gets incremented every time you run AdwCleaner - the highest number is the most recent.
Look through the log for any recognizable entries - don't worry about other details in the log.
Unitck any that you are certain about. Then clean the system

Click on the Scan button.
>> AdwCleaner begins scanning your system. It might take some time to complete.
>> You can review the objects that will be cleaned at this point of the process. Objects are grouped under the tabs. If there is something you KNOW should not be cleaned, untick the box [_] next to the object. Otherwise, go to the next step.
After the scan has finished... click on the Clean button.Answer OK to the "close all programs" prompt, then follow the onscreen prompts.
Answer OK to the "restart the computer" prompt to complete the removal process.
>> The AdwCleaner[S#].txt log is opened in your default Text editor when the machine has restarted.
[R#] gets incremented every time you run AdwCleaner - the highest number is the most recent.
Paste the entire AdwCleaner log in your next post.
AdwCleaner logs are located in the C:\AdwCleaner folder if you need to reference them again

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335434-microsoft-mouse-zooming-not-scrolling.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have just purchased a new laptop which came with windows vista basic. In addition I have purchased a Microsoft wireless laser 8000 mouse. For some reason I cant get the scroll wheel to work. I have ticked the enable vertical scrolling in the mouse properties but it still does not seem to be working. Can any one please help????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-mouse-scrolling-problems.632959/
Relevancy 42.14%

Strange, seeing this is a Microsoft branded mouse, BUT yet according to "Device Manager" it is showing the correct mouse, BUT also it is saying this mouse has NO buttons, nor the ability to double click. Went over to MSDN to record this event, but couldn't find a listing for Windows Developers preview...very STRANGE.

A:Microsoft USB mouse (scroll wheel)

uninstall the driver and reboot, tell us what you get...

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/3492-microsoft-usb-mouse-scroll-wheel.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My Bluetooth mouse is not working PC settings seems to see the mouse but cannot connect to the mouse It tries but the mouse willnot activate If the PC Settings screen says it sees the Bluetooth mouse but also says quot offline quot I remove it from the list Then I click on Microsoft Mouse 5000 Bluetooth the Bluetooth icon then click on quot add Bluetooth device quot This sends me to the PC Settings screen where I click on quot Add Device quot It looks and finds the Bluetooth mouse then tries to connect with it That process never completes It shows the device but indicates it is quot offline quot Has anyone had similar problems with the Bluetooth mouse or any other Bluetooth devices This is a bit of an issue for me because I have arthritic hands and it is Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000 easier for me to use a mouse than a trackpad or my fingers The laptop is an HP TouchSmart tm It has gB memory and a gB hard drive Running Windows Consumer Beta Build The mouse worked just fine under W Rick York

A:Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000

I use that mouse with my VAIO SR290 notebook and Windows 8.

Try removing any instance of the mouse from Devices and Printers (leftover from previous attempts). Then turn on the mouse, press the little button on the bottom to turn on "discovery" mode, then try to add the mouse again.

Best of luck to you!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/4764-microsoft-bluetooth-mouse-5000-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Is it unusual for a 3 month old wireless mouse to quit working?

I tried three different batteries and the light on the bottom still doesn't light up.

We hooked my son's mouse up and it works so I know it is not the pc.

I have already purchased another one as I didn't feel like going through the trouble of trying to return it to MS all for $39.99.

Relevancy 42.14%

I got the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse. Every 5 minutes it lags and the lagging lasts for 20 secs, which is annoying as hell. How do I fix this?

A:Microsoft Mouse Lags every 5 Minutes - How Do I Fix It?

Is it only that mouse? Are you using a mouse pad? Have you tried a different USB port?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/61078-microsoft-mouse-lags-every-5-minutes-how-do-i-fix.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Been awhile since I posted here Anyways I have a Microsoft optical mouse Link Its a plug and play never installed any software nor had any problems till now Depending on if I use it or let it sit idle it will turn off if you will If I start using it it will just turn off on me somewhere between - minutes If I take it out Microsoft Optical Problems Mouse of the usb port and plug it back in it works again If I let it sit idle it wont turn off Theres not cuts or anything wrong with the wiring as far as Microsoft Optical Mouse Problems I know I can move the wire around all I want and it wont go out I tried installing some drivers and updating them for the mouse no luck there I click on mouse properties and it says this device is working properly even when its turned off Soo any suggestions Maybe the usb ports are faulty or the mouse is losing power -Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,

Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 2000 (Keyboard + Mouse).

The wheel is a bit hard to press. Tilting is softer and easier.
Is it possible to change the tilt function (horizontal scroll) to middle-click?

I'd appreciate your help.

A:Changing functions in a Microsoft mouse

Have you installed your Microsoft mouse/keyboard program?
Have you checked using Windows 7 Updates for updates to the program?
The program should show you what functions your may change to your liking.
I don't believe that you can adjust how hard the wheel is to press.
I haven't used a 2000 M/S mouse in years so I just going by memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/383084-changing-functions-microsoft-mouse.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Does anyone else here use a wireless keyboard and mouse? My mouse died a couple days ago, so I was going to purchase a new wireless one. Well Bestbuy was sold out of every single wireless mouse except for the $90 ones. I looked over and saw this really nice looking Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse for only $60. I said, heck with it. I bought it, and I love it. Just thought I'd share my experience with you all. I bought the Microsoft "Basic Wireless Optical Desktop"

A:Microsoft Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

So does anyone else use a wireless keyboard/mouse?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-wireless-mouse-and-keyboard.9946/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have two identical monitors for one computer running Vista with two identical graphics cards. My arrow indicator jumps to the wrong monitor screen and is hard to return to the intended original monitor. Can the Microsoft Programmable Mouse, or other mouse, be programed with arrow indicator to left monitor/arrow indicator to right monitor switch? How? I have a Dell mouse now.

A:Microsoft Programable Mouse for Two Monitors

Hi and welcome to Vista Forums!

Can you tell us which graphics cards and how you have connected the monitors?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/241831-microsoft-programable-mouse-two-monitors.html
Relevancy 42.14%

our microsft usb mouse is not registering when we click on things sometimes, we can move the mouse and the sensor moves as well but when we click nothing happens, we have satellite broadband would this affect it ?

A:USB microsoft mouse not registering when clicking

Faulty mouse buttons is my guess. Try a different mouse, if that works okay my guess was right.

(Satellite b/b would not cause this)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-microsoft-mouse-not-registering-when-clicking.991544/
Relevancy 42.14%

I purchased a Microsoft wireless desktop 700 a few weeks back. After installing Windows 7 64 bit, I had some trouble getting the wireless desktop started. However, I got it working after a few restarts.

For a few weeks the hardware worked just fine. since yesterday (i.e. 20-Jun-10) the wireless mouse is not working properly. The problem is:

1. The left click does not work
2. The right click works
3. the movement of the mouse is detected by windows

This happened after I got a message saying the drivers did not work properly. I don't understand what went wrong.

Anyway, I tried looking for the necessary drivers for this hardware on windows 7. I am not able to find the same online. The wireless set did not come with any CDs.

Please help. I have a legal copy of Windows 7. Do I need to reinstall the drivers from this. Can someone please guide me as I am a rookie.

Thanks,

A:Problem with Microsoft Wireless Mouse 700

Try uninstalling the drivers in Device Manager. Then reboot, and let Windows automatically install drivers.

Can you test the mouse on another machine? That way, we can confirm it is not a hardware problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/92610-problem-microsoft-wireless-mouse-700-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have this great mouse and it works okay with the generic driver with Windows 7. However the software it came with lets you program the buttons and also see the power left in the batteries and the wireless strength.

If I install the software it came with the scrolling is not adjustable. It's way too slow. I can't deal with it because the scrolling is so slow but I want the extra capabilities the software has.

I have tried other USB ports for the signal-sender it comes with, replaced the batteries, cleaned the mouse, ect......

I think it has something to do with the software or maybe Windows 7. It works fine in Vista.

Has anyone seen this? Do you know what might fix it? All I need is to make it scroll faster. Is there something besides the registry I can do?
EDIT: HERE IS THE ANSWER FOR ANYONE HAVING THIS PROBLEM.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/windows7/support.mspx

A:Microsoft wireless mouse 5000

The Wireless Mouse 5000 is advertised as working on a wide variety of surfaces. Unfortunately, on every surface (rubber mouse pad, gel mouse pad, plain paper, desktop surface, etc.) the mouse will function normally for a while and then the pointer becomes sluggish and unpredictable. I initially installed the IntelliType 7.1 software that came with the mouse and tried the fix suggested by MS, which is to uninstall the 7.1 and install the 8.01 version of the software for Windows 7.

The mouse exhibts the same problems with version 8.01 as with 7.1.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/11014-microsoft-wireless-mouse-5000-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Strange, seeing this is a Microsoft branded mouse, BUT yet according to "Device Manager" it is showing the correct mouse, BUT also it is saying this mouse has NO buttons, nor the ability to double click. Went over to MSDN to record this event, but couldn't find a listing for this Developers preview...very STRANGE.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/3491-microsoft-usb-mouse-scroll-wheel.html
Relevancy 42.14%

When we use our wireless Microsoft mouse, it does not let our computer go on standby. CAn you tell me why this is? And what I can do about it? I love havi ng a wireless mouse.

A:No standby with wireless Microsoft mouse

Go onto your settings, ( sleep mode ) and adjust your wake up settings... GL

P.S. and Welcome to SevenForums...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/80740-no-standby-wireless-microsoft-mouse.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My laptops trackpad (all features) have stopped working.

Can someone help me resolve this issue?

I have a new powerbook and am running Windows 7 on a partitioned hard drive via bootcamp. Once I installed the Microsoft mouse the laptops hardware stopped working.

Previously (on past computers) both would work together, which is annoying but better than no trackpad. I unplugged the mouse from the USB port but the trackpad still does not work then. I uninstalled the mouse's driver and still the trackpad does not work.

I have been all through the control panel and devices but I cannot find what I am looking for.

All help is appreciated,
rand

A:I installed a Microsoft optical mouse, but...

The trackpad driver may need re-installing, that's all.
Check Device Manager for an error symbol against "Mice & other pointing devices".
If it shows an error then the driver needs re-installing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-installed-a-microsoft-optical-mouse-but-562853.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm just wondering if the desktop sets that MS do come with one Receiver for the Mouse and Keyboard, or one each?
I only ask, because i was going to buy them separatly, but I don't think that MS do a wireless keyboad thats not part of the set?

Relevancy 42.14%

Recently bought a MS mouse.

Have found that when I move the scroll wheel up or down more than really slowly
a little round icon appears with an up arrow and a down arrow. If the cursor is
above the icon, the page automatically scrolls upward without stopping, and the reverse for the cursor being below that icon. It starts without warning and always goes farther than I want and it goes so fast it's difficult, at best, to react to it before I'm way past what I want to see.

When I click, the thing goes away.

Any way to totally delete this annoying feature other than throwing the mouse away and
getting another Logitech?

Thanks!

A:Microsoft mouse scrolling so annoying

Wow I know that feeling. I had a MS mouse that did the same thing. Never could figure out how to stop it from doing that. I search over the internet and never found a answer. Even tried its support site. I ended up getting rid of it and going back to a Logitech.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-mouse-scrolling-so-annoying.197079/
Relevancy 42.14%

I just got a brand new Microsoft wireless mouse. It jumps around on most webpages. It does not seem to have any way to recharge? It's also very slow, and it's next to impossible to focus it on something I want to click on.

A:Microsoft wireless mouse jumps around Please help!

Normally these work with a battery. Try putting a fresh one in.

Then Enable hardware auto-updating via Windows Update (Steps 3 and 6)
then Check for UPdates, install all Important and Optional updates which might include a newer driver that may have failed to autoload when you plugged it in, or possible patches to make hardware work better.

The drivers in Win7 are pretty dated due to no SP2 and it may not be set to connect to Windows Update to check.

If that fails try a different surface - on a pad, notebook, piece of paper of different colors.

If this fails, does it work correctly in another PC?

Let us know how it goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/367807-microsoft-wireless-mouse-jumps-around-please-help.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I recently bought a microsoft optical laser mouse (USB) and quite recently it has begun switching itself off, sometimes for a few seconds, and other times requiring me to reboot before I can use it again. I have tried re-installing the drivers several times, but this has not changed anything.
(The drivers are the intellipoint software that came with the mouse)

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advance

A:Microsoft Optical Mouse Problem

I had a problem with the mouse quiting the same as you describe. Finally one day it just died for good. The mouse was faulty, do to a bad connection somewhere, microsoft replaced at no charge.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-optical-mouse-problem.34637/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi!

I have come upon a problem wherein my Microsoft Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard 1.1 (P/N
X801524-100) will not type (or for that matter, continue to register a button press) while I am moving any mouse. Note that the mouse need not be the Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2000 (P/N X806939-007) that came with it.

The same issue does not occur with the manufacturer-supplied PS/2 keyboard when used in conjunction with any of my mice.

The issue occurs on Windows Server 2008 R2 (obtained from DreamSpark), with IntelliType and IntelliPoint software/driver suits installed, and on Windows Vista, where the mouse/keyboard are merely recognized as HID-compliant mouse/keyboard.

This issue is driving me crazy, as I can not play any of my games (obviously) as they often require me to move my mouse and keyboard at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any help - if you need additional information, ask and I will add it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-use-microsoft-keyboard-while-moving-any-mouse.939318/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi
I would be very grateful for some help with the microsoft wireless mouse 3500.

I am running Vista 64 bit and have installed the intellipoint 8.2 driver.

The mouse takes quite a while to respond after startup and coming out of sleep mode. Usually about 30 seconds.

Is there a fix for this?

Look forward to a response

Regards, jess collie

A:Microsoft wireless mouse 3500

go to hardware and right click on the mouse, there will be able to set the mouse response time after waking etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-wireless-mouse-3500-a-702899.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have been having difficulties with my XP lately. The mouse does not seem to work now. I have tried to reinstall the software, but I cannot seem to without using the mouse. I am a little dead in the water here.
Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,
When my Windows 98 Second Edtion starts in the "Safe Mode", my Logitech mouse (First mouse,3 button) is driven by the Microsoft device driver. Can this driver be used to drive the mouse even in the normal mode by replacing the Logitech device drivers with it therein?

If yes, then can you please tell me the location and the file-name of the Microsoft device driver and how to replace the Logitech one with it?

Thank you.

A:Microsoft device driver for mouse

You could just go to control panel and delete the drivers from the mouse then reboot to see if windows will pick it up and install its own drivers. You will need the cd for 98 and that is no guarantee that the drivers are even on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-device-driver-for-mouse.160173/
Relevancy 42.14%

This is my first experience with trying to use a bluetooth device, a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse, on my Dell X8500 running Win 7 SP1. I thought it would be simple but, boy, was I wrong. I went to Add a Device as instructed but the system didn't detect it. After trying the several things suggested by the system I finally took a look at Devices and Printers and fount the Bluetooth USB Host Controller had a yellow exclamation point with it. I found the following message for the Bluetooth LWFLT Device and the Virtual Bluetooth Device.

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)".

I had chased down one or two other avenues and got a message saying something like, "Windows update is not configured to download the driver."

Anyone have a way to get my Bluetooth mouse to be recognized?

Thank you very much.

Thank you.

A:Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse Not Detected

Quote: Originally Posted by jsquareg

This is my first experience with trying to use a bluetooth device, a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse, on my Dell X8500 running Win 7 SP1. I thought it would be simple but, boy, was I wrong. I went to Add a Device as instructed but the system didn't detect it. After trying the several things suggested by the system I finally took a look at Devices and Printers and fount the Bluetooth USB Host Controller had a yellow exclamation point with it. I found the following message for the Bluetooth LWFLT Device and the Virtual Bluetooth Device.

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)".

I had chased down one or two other avenues and got a message saying something like, "Windows update is not configured to download the driver."

Anyone have a way to get my Bluetooth mouse to be recognized?

Thank you very much.

Thank you.

Hi jsquareg,

Please let me know which bluetooth card is installed on the system. If it is bluetooth/wireless card then let us know the model of the same.

You would need to install bluetooth driver and application for the system. You can also check this video for updating the same on your own:

Updating Dell Drivers

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/310769-microsoft-bluetooth-mouse-not-detected.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi everyone. I have been having some problems with my mouse lately and I don't know if its the driver, the mouse itself, my memory, or something else but its been giving me some problems lately. The main problems are that when I try to highlight something it won't highlight it right. It'll not highlight where I want it to and it'll instead highlight something a line or two up instead of what I am trying to highlight. Also sometimes when I single click it goes through as a double click which can be really annoying. So, should I get a new mouse or is this likely something else that is wrong? This mouse is 4 years old so its probably about due for a new one.

Relevancy 42.14%

I have just bought the HP pavilion and a microsoft bluetood arc mouse. Love the mouse BUT it keeps turning off and you have to turn on and off to get it to work again. I have searched for answers with most saying it is a power saving option however there is no option on the mouse for power saving selection. If anyone could this would be great otherwise its going back to the shop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Microsoft-Bluetooth-Arc-Mouse-keeps-turning-off/td-p/5766921
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello. Can anyone help me? I also have a Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical. But now it's been having some problems recently. The red light inside keeps turning on and off mysteriously and I suddenly can't move the mouse pointer anymore until it turns on again. It does very frequently now. Does this mean that the optical mouse has already gone bad and I have to replace it with another one or is there a way I fix it? I tried installing the Intellipoint CD Software but that still didn't work. I plugged it into the PS/2 Port even though it is also USB compatible. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Charles

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-optical-wheel-mouse-and-usb.146353/
Relevancy 42.14%

I always have lag on my Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000 and Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 850. My keyboard has absolutely no lag at all. My mouse on the other hand, fails to meet up with where I'm trying to point. It's as if it's getting to where I point,
but then just freezes, then darts across the screen. I play a lot of fast pace action games, so this is a huge problem for me. The USB for the combo is in the front port of my computer, and it's about 2 feet from the keyboard and about 3 and a half feet from
the mouse. I'm running Windows 10, and all drivers are up to date. I put brand new batteries in the mouse, but it still lags. Please help me!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7dd67634-67a5-4022-b0e3-6c635229b919/microsoft-wireless-desktop-800-mouse-lag?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 42.14%

It took me several days to get my new Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse detected by my Dell XPS 8500 Win 7 PC but with the help of SanddeepP on this forum I finally got it to work. Now I wonder if it was worth it. I find the blue button on the left side, the one that brings up the start menu, to be very, very, annoying. Up pops the start menu whenever my thumb rests a little more than lightly on it. (Darn it, it just did it again.)

Does anyone know of a way to disable that button? Control Panel/Mouse offers no way.

Thank you very much.

A:Microsoft Sculpt Bluetooth Mouse

Quote: Originally Posted by jsquareg

It took me several days to get my new Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse detected by my Dell XPS 8500 Win 7 PC but with the help of SanddeepP on this forum I finally got it to work. Now I wonder if it was worth it. I find the blue button on the left side, the one that brings up the start menu, to be very, very, annoying. Up pops the start menu whenever my thumb rests a little more than lightly on it. (Darn it, it just did it again.)

Does anyone know of a way to disable that button? Control Panel/Mouse offers no way.

Thank you very much.

Hi jsquareg,

I understand it is causing more issues than when it was not working. Have you checked if in the mouse software has options to disable the button for opening the start menu.

Maybe it would take sometime for you to get used to the new mouse and it should get better by the time.

Please check the mouse software and let us know if you require further information.

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311330-microsoft-sculpt-bluetooth-mouse.html
Relevancy 42.14%

First Post,
New Computer user. I have installed a microsoft intellipoint wireless mouse and now have noticed that when I put the Dell 8400 in stand by I can click on the mouse and the computer does not come out of stand by. I talked to dell and they thought it was a video driver update that I had done. But while trying to solve the problem I reconnected the wired mouse and it worked fine? I then uninstalled and reinstalled the Microsoft Intellipoint software but no change. still will not bring computer out of stand by? This all started when I had to do a system restore because of other problems. Before that the mouse and stand by worked fine. Any suggestions or advice apprecieated. Thanks
Windows XP with SP2 is OS

A:Won,t come out of stand by with microsoft wiress mouse?

Well when the PC is in standby, the mouse disconnects as well, maybe you should use the keyboard to come out of standby.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/won-t-come-out-of-stand-by-with-microsoft-wiress-mouse.402428/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys Most of you might 8/8.1 this? Windows adressing Is lag. mouse Microsoft have heard about the mouse 'lag' that was introduced with Microsoft's new OS According to some analysts the lag Windows 8/8.1 mouse lag. Is Microsoft adressing this? is described as 'negative acceleration' This weird and unpredictable acceleration curve of the mouse makes it pretty much impossible to work with with the mouse as fast and as accurate as you would be used to on previous OS'es let alone play games at the same level There are several articles on the web concerning this Here are a few Windows introduces mouse lag that renders some games unplayable Games Geek com mouse lag in video games since updating to win - Microsoft Community Seeing as there are some MVP members on here i was wondering if any of you would happen to know if this issue is actually being adressed by Microsoft at the moment I know when i was MVP myself at my previous employee i did have some strings to pull with local microsoft contacts employees just to find out stuff like this but sadly for me i work for a different employer these days in a different sector so this is no longer the case for me

A:Windows 8/8.1 mouse lag. Is Microsoft adressing this?

You can shut it off - This issue came up recently, it has to be shut off from "PC Settings" but I forget exactly where.

Same thing, the guy could not press any keys while mouse was clicked. I'll dig it up and try to get the procedure to shut it off.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/34689-windows-8-8-1-mouse-lag-microsoft-adressing.html
Relevancy 42.14%

We had a wireless mouse on the computer that me daughter was using. She doesn't use it no more so I want to use the mouse. The problem I have is I cannot find the CD that came with it. Is there a way I can get this to work on my computer? Thanks for your time and help.

Danboy

Relevancy 42.14%

i have the usb attached, but my mouse is not working, could someone pls help out ASAP?

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I have Vista Home Pemium. I installed a Natural Wireless Laser 6000 mouse and Intellipoint 6.1. The mouse function is very erratic - it works well sometmes and other times you have to click a few times to get any response. Very frustrating.

Any solutions will be very welcome.

Pieter.

A:Microsoft Mouse/Vista/Intellipoint

First, because it is easy, check Device Manager and see if there are any flagged devices. Make sure to check "show hidden devices". Report any flags here.

If no flags, then you need to find out if this is hardware or software. The mouse could be bad, or there could be a problem with the software. Uninstall the software. The mouse should function as a basic PS/2 mouse without the software. I have a Logitech G7 (high-end gaming mouse) and I didn't bother to install the Logitech software. Works just fine.

Try using the mouse (with no software installed) on another computer. If the problem moves with the mouse, it's hardware. If not, software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-mouse-vista-intellipoint-198365.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I purchased a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 about 9 months ago. The batteries initially lasted about 6 months. I replaced them with newly purchased batterries and they lasted about a week. It now seems that I have to replace the batteries weekly and the mouse then works fine for about another week. I even went as far as buying new and fairly expensive Energizer Lithium batteries (non-rechargable) thinking that maybe they would last longer and, again, they lasted one week. Any idea why the life of the batteries went from 6 months to one week?

A:Microsoft Mouse Battery Life

Some wireless mice use a lot more juice when sitting on dark or reflective surfaces. Make sure your using a standard style mouse pad that doesn't have a lot of dark colors in it. Otherwise you may have an issue with the mouse itself. The battery should last about 6 months. I have the 3000 series mouse and my battery last about 4 months but I am a heavy PC user.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-mouse-battery-life.869491/