Windows Support Forum

Issue with Laptop Keyboard

Q: Issue with Laptop Keyboard

I'm having an issue with the keyboard for my Toshiba Satellite P775-S7320. Put plainly, keys have started triggering other keys, as if both keys were pressed at the same time. Nothing was spilled on the keyboard, but now, A and Tilde trigger one another, and the same for 1 and 2, Q and S, W and Tab, X and Capslock. The only exception to this is Z and \. Z will trigger \, but \ will not trigger Z. I've popped off the keys and cleaned them with compressed air, I've rebooted my computer several times, and am unsure of where to go from here.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Issue with Laptop Keyboard

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Issue with Laptop Keyboard

Try hitting the NUM LK/SCRN LK key

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-laptop-keyboard.199043/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all. I have already posted this once here. The topic had quite a few views and not a single reply. I'm giving this another try, as the problem persists and is not getting any better.

The keyboard on my Aurora m9700 is having some strange issues. I cannot figure if it is software or hardware related, either. At random intervals, the keyboard will cease function. But when I go into standby, then come out of standby the problem seems to be magically fixed! In fact, the problem just happened right after I finished typing the last sentence. I checked event manager, nothing changed. I had to go into standby and come out of it...

So please, is there anyone on here that can help me out? I have reformatted the computer since this started happening and nothing has changed, so I do not know what could possibly be causing this!

A:Weird keyboard laptop issue. Keyboard randomly stops functioning until I standby.

Just going to keep bumping this until I get a reply, or bet banned. Every thread has some form of reply...maybe I smell or something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-keyboard-laptop-issue-keyboard-randomly-stops-functioning-until-i-standby.879922/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a HP vt6200 Omnibook laptop with German Keyboard. Recently my internal harddisk crashed and I replaced with a new IDE disk. I installed Windows XP (English US) afresh. Also installed the necessary drivers downloaded from HP site. Now the german keyboard is not working. It types multiple characters & behaves erratically. When I connect an external US English Keyboard, it works perfect. I tried changing the language/keyboard settings. It didn’t work.

I donot want to use German anymore on that laptop. All I want to use is only English. Now I am unable to use the laptop keyboard at all. Pls help !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue-on-laptop-with-german-keyboard.782753/
Relevancy 56.33%

Have a Toshiba Satelitte A100 XP Pro SP3. When I start it normally, then it appears that the control key is being held down with any program. However, if I hold both control keys (left and right) during start-up, then the control key issue disappears. I have looked at Regional/Language settings, Accessibility options, check antivirus program (AVAST) and in the BIOS. Does anyone know why this would be happening. I have tried many suggestions such as hitting Ctlr + Fn + Alt. The laptop also has Alt Car and Verr. maj. (Cap Locks) keys

A:Keyboard issue laptop

Does the Ctrl key work OK?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401668/keyboard-issue-laptop/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey there, hope someone can help. I plug my MS Internet keyboard(Intellitype Pro 2.1) into my IBM Thinkpad into the port labeled w/ a mouse and it doesn't work. I've tried reinstalling the software. It just doesn't work. Help! Thanks!

A:Keyboard issue w/ laptop

Please purchase a USB keyboard (they work better with Laptops, because you can plug them in and take them out with the laptop on; with PS2 connection you cannot do this)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-issue-w-laptop.112436/
Relevancy 56.33%

Ive got a Toshiba Satellite A85-S107, and the keyboard is essentially dead, anytime I try to type, one of two things happen.

1. No charecters pop up

2. Random messed up looking charecters pop up and it'll keep going (as though im holding down a key)
Ive looked around in Control Panel < Keyboard, but nothing there works.

And I tried using my recovery CD for a full reformat...but...well...lets just say I had an issue with having to press F1 to continue...

I want to try everything possible to fix it myself before having to send it off or take it to a repair person...

A:Laptop Keyboard Issue

there is probably a ps/2 port on the back of the laptop, try plugging in a standard ps/2 keyboard and see it reads that. If not, a usb keyboard might work. A keyboard replacement is not a terribly difficult repair in most cases, but I would want to be sure that there is not something else wrong with it (bad mainboard, for example)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-issue.432431/
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently upgraded the memory in my fathers Laptop from the original 256Mb sim to a 2Gb sim. No problem there however the Return key and the Cursor keys seem to have stopped working even in the Bios.

I have removed the battery and held the power button in for 30secs thinking a reset of the Bios would fix the problem, no luck there they still do not function.

I have removed the keys and checked that nothing has been spilled on the keyboard, no problem there ether.

I have also checked internally to see if there was any damage to the ribbon cable. Seems fine.

To be honest I cant seem to locate the issue and was hoping someone could offer some additional support. Anybody any ideas?

Specs: Esystem EI 3101 laptop, Intel Celeron M430 1.73ghz CPU, 2Gb DDR2, Internal 256mb GFX card.

A:Laptop keyboard issue

Did you try re-installing the 256MB memory to see if the keyboard started working again?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard-issue.195455/
Relevancy 56.33%

My wife has recently spilled red wine on my Laptop. I immediately shut down to prevent as much caramelizing of the sugar as possible, removed the keyboard and cleaned the system as much as possible. I re-fitted the keyboard and decided to leave it overnight to help it dry out.

This morning i switched it on and it is playing up. The keyboard responds erratically, with some characters working and others not a all. Some perform functions they should not be doing.

However when i plug a USB wireless keyboard it responds perfectly. I am trying to understand if it down to a keyboard error or otherwise. I find it difficult to see why a simple pressure pad device would cause the problem, but on the other hand on the USB system, what interprets the ACSII characters.

Would replacing the keyboard solve my problems??? Cheers for any help given

Regards

Johno

A:Laptop Keyboard issue

Replacing the keyboard is probably your best bet . .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-issue.690446/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey so my samsung-np x e laptop had liquid damage to the keyboard Laptop issue keyboard rendering most of the keys inoperable I did not send it for repair instead I m using a USB keyboard right now It was Laptop keyboard issue fine for a while So here s the problem These few days whenever I start my laptop it boots into a quot Phoenix SecureCore Tiano Setup quot thing and for some reason my external keyboard would not respond for a period of time I d have to I know this is really bad sort of lightly smash the original keyboard and for some reason my external keyboard would work Also when I finally start using the laptop my external keyboard s left Control key would not work I know that my external keyboard is fully functional as I tested it on another PC Can anyone help me here Why do I always boot into the setup page and why does my external keyboard s control key not work on my laptop Is it because there s a stuck key somewhere and if that is the case is it possible for me to disable my built-in keyboard Finally what is your opinion on leaving the laptop in sleep mode overnight instead of shutting it down Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Hey people An xp-pro laptop I ve got was unused for ages whilst I kept forgetting to fit a new screen unit to it after the old one died Anyways long story short I fitted the new lcd last week and cleaned up any nasty stuff that got infected in the meantime Before I was done with that my keyboard decided to stop working grrrr laptop - pro xp keyboard issue Device manager says it is working connected etc I uninstalled the driver in case it was corrupted The Human Interface service had been stopped and switched to manual as well as a couple more I think these changes may have been the result of some sort of infection The hidserv dll file was missing from windows system folder as well I ve replaced that with a copy but the keyboard still won t work Cleaned the keyboard and the bus connector with a blow off tool and reconnected etc also Given the laptop keyboard issue - xp pro changes in the services registry could I still be dealing with the leftovers of a virus or is it more likely that my keyboard has gone to the motherboard in the sky R I P When I connect a number pad through a usb port it works fine but I ve not got a full usb keyboard to hand just now Are there any other service files or drivers etc that are relevant to getting the keyboard to work which the virus might have tinkered with Knowing these I could go in and correct any settings that may have been changed or alternatively any reputible free software tools to fix it Thanks for your help if indeed you can make any sense out of the gibberish above nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Dear Dell Team I am Balu Wankhade using dell laptop in office as well as at home From last month I am facing the issues in the keyboard nbsp I called the Dell service center on I got the service request number Details are as below nbsp Service Tag Number - H Express service tag number - Your Service Request number nbsp From last approx one month I am doing follow up with dell team through emails phone or facebook I received nice emails from different people in every week But till date there is no action or support from In My Issue Keyboard Laptop the dell team I observed that there is no system Issue In My Laptop Keyboard in the dell to support the customer no one related to my issues is working with responsibility Not bothered about the customers problems Escalation methods are not available on the website nbsp Non of the contact details email address provided on the net where we can register the complaints With faulty keyboard my laptop become difficult to use which is frustrating me Any member have the right information about the service support pl guide or email me on brwankhade gmail com nbsp Unhappy Customer nbsp Balu Wankhade

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993017
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello! I have an Asus 2-in-1. it turns into a tablet and into a laptop so it does have a keyboard. Someone cracked my screen about a year ago now, so I have turned off the touch-screen feature and the screen is still cracked. However, it is still a reallyyyyy crappy computer. So last night when my keyboard kept "detaching" frequently (according to the little sounds played) in an annoying manner, most of the time a message saying "The USB drive insert is not recognized" or something like that. Then it stopped accepting it all together. Now I cannot get past my lock screen or type anything. But what's weird is that it's not auto-rotating so it recognizes there's a keyboard attached, it just wont allow me to do anything on it. PLEASE HELP ME. Thanks!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/2-1-asus-laptop-keyboard-issue-4606022/
Relevancy 55.9%

i maybe in the wrong forum but my laptop keyboard is driving me nuts. got a 3 month old HP laptop with a synaptics built in mouse.

off and on the mouse would not work where i could scroll down a page using the wheel.

it got worse so i rolled back the driver. now it scrolls just fine but when i type things jump all over where i have been typing. it is like i hit something where it all of a sudden sends the cursor to an earlier point where i have been typing

i dont know if this is keyboard or mouse related. i could swear there is something that i adjusted long ago on the mouse to make it less sensetive to the touch but can not find it

Relevancy 55.9%

Greetings,

SO I have this compac laptop with a wonky keyboard.. Everything was working great... all of a sudden, some characters are being replaced. ie: LOL is now 363

Any ideas?

UPDATE: I can use the keyboard fine when I press and hold the Fn key. I do not want to do this anymore. lol

A:Compac Laptop keyboard issue

Have you turned the Numlock on? If yes then turn it off. The usual shortcut to Numlock is Fn + Numlock.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/249024/compac-laptop-keyboard-issue/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,
I attempted to use my laptop this morning with no avail. My keyboard will not respond, when clicking the icons on the home screen they open to the properties screen, and when I try to click on the control panel my computer doesn't repsond.
I tried to restart and the option flashes on the screen, but not long enough to actually click on it. I have shut down and started it back about four time this morning without any luck.
PLEASE HELP!

THanks,
Heather

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-icon-everything-issue.1081563/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I have an emachines m5405 laptop and the enter key is not working. I replaced the keyboard but still the enter key will not work. any ideas? thanks

Relevancy 55.04%

This is the second time I've bought a new laptop in 2 weeks, because my old Dell's hard drive crashed.  The first replacement HP wouldn't connect to Wifi and Geek Squad couldn't help from the store, so just traded out for this new one, and that problem is solved.  I'm not sure if my Win 10 is 32 bit or 64 bit, BTW, and don't know if it matters for this issue.  I was on my laptop last night and the keyboard kept acting wonky--slow response and I'd have to hit a key a few times to get the letter/number to type at times.  Also, even though I hit the numlock key, it wouldn't stay locked.  Please tell me this is a quick driver reset.  I really don't want to go back to Best Buy again. 

A:HP - 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop keyboard issue

Hi ,Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! I understand you are having an issue with the keyboard not responding. I will be glad to help you. Please download and install Synaptics TouchPad Driver.  I know this is for the touch pad, but sometime the touchpad can slow down the keyboard. As both are input devices. Here is a document for Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8). Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-15-6-quot-Touch-Screen-Laptop-keyboard-issue/td-p/5602689
Relevancy 55.04%

running win xp m140 on issue dell Keyboard laptop sp ie norton s systemworks and windows defender windows firewall also active a week and a half ago had a redirect from gmail to another site for a few hours then it went away thought it was a google problem i think keyboard started to act funny shortly after typing from a wireless keyboard that is not fully functional right now but it s what I have tried to use the laptop keyboard but everything i d typed before got deleted from this forum post the problem had been that the botton two rows come up together if I type a j the m comes up the f and the v come up together like that keyboard has been replaced twice by myself once by a dell Keyboard issue on dell m140 laptop tech who then also replaced the motherboard and the problem persists the motherboard becasue I thought the machine had run hot a bit when it seemed the fan Keyboard issue on dell m140 laptop did not go on last month fwiw i do understand most hardware stuff Keyboard issue on dell m140 laptop have built my own desktop and helped build many others and my husband is an it pro so he encouraged me to keep this machine and work on the software os for a keyboard fix before pulling the hard drive and sending it out in addition to the stuff i mentioned up top the nortons win firewall and defender i have run housecall from trend micro spybot adaware sdfix from safemode kapersky comes up with an infection after running all these the other things came up with tracking cookies that i had them just clean problem persists have all logs of stuff that s been run do not want to send this machine back to dell last time they had it for a keyboard spill --- a very minor one --- it was five weeks before i saw it and two weeks before they sent me the material to send the machine back it was merely a keyboard spill and it was last christmas help --- marylyn

A:Keyboard issue on dell m140 laptop

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/186236/keyboard-issue-on-dell-m140-laptop/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all hope you can / freezing ZS keyboard audigy laptop issue 2 help me problem is I have a Audigy ZS and laptop for some reason the keyboard refuses to respond after some time Im sure audigy 2 ZS / laptop keyboard freezing issue it s some kinda IRQ conflict as the keyboard internal works fine when the audigy 2 ZS / laptop keyboard freezing issue Soundcard is unplugged Heres some info that might be of use form sys inf Tried reinstalling many times also just tried disabling com ports and anything else Im not using i e modem infared onboard ac was disabled as well Why is so many things using the same IRQ when theres so many free PLease be gentle I don t really get this IRQ thing or how to change em thanks in advance -------------------- IRQ System timer OK IRQ PC AT Enhanced PS Keyboard -Key OK IRQ System CMOS real time clock OK IRQ ATI MOBILITY RADEON Series OK IRQ Intel R DB DBM USB Universal Host Controller - C OK IRQ Intel R DB DBM USB Universal Host Controller - C OK IRQ Realtek RTL Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC OK IRQ Texas Instruments PCI- CardBus Controller with UltraMedia OK IRQ Creative SB Audigy WDM OK IRQ Intel R DB DBM USB Universal Host Controller - C OK IRQ Intel R DB DBM USB Enhanced Host Controller - CD OK IRQ Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller OK IRQ Texas Instruments PCI- CardBus Controller with UltraMedia OK IRQ A QKDFY IDE Controller OK IRQ Synaptics PS Port Pointing Device OK IRQ Numeric data processor OK IRQ Primary IDE Channel OK IRQ Secondary IDE Channel OK nbsp

A:audigy 2 ZS / laptop keyboard freezing issue

Dual post
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/748173-creative-audigy-zs-laptop-keyboard.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audigy-2-zs-laptop-keyboard-freezing-issue.748170/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, A customer of mine has an HP laptop model 17-g113dxThe machine at first had Windows 10 but gave her many problems which unfortunately is common with that system.I reverted her to Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit and it was working at first but now she has this major issue with th keyboard. Everytime she types it skips and the cursor can bounce anywhere, hardly ever stays where she is typing.Basically she cant use the laptop because of this issue. Does anyone of the forum from HP or enthusiasts now of a fix to this issue? I have not found a solution yet. I dont know if the repeate rate of the keyboard needs to be changed or something else?Please I could really use some help here so if anyone has come across this issue before and was able to get a fix I would really appreciate it.Thank You, Victor

A:Major Keyboard Issue With Laptop - Request Help

It may be that the touchpad is not disabled so as she types every unintentional tap on the touchpad is sending the cursor all over the place.  If this is the case, try these... You have 2 ways to stop the touchpad from working. 1) Disable the touchpad or2) Set it to toggle OFF/ON depending on whether it detects a mouse or not. Go to Settings> Devices> Mouse & Touchpad> Additional Mouse Options> Clickpad Settings- Use the Clickpad Disable button                But each shutdown/restart sends this back to ENABLE, so you need to set it every time you boot.or- Use the checkbox to toggle the touchpad OFF if it detects a mouse.               But each Windows Update resets this to the default, which is to be unchecked. The below method editing the registry doesn't change the touchpad settings, but it does stop the system from resetting it behind your back.  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-do-I-PERMANENTLY-set-the-cl...  Re: How do I PERMANENTLY set the clickpad to disable when using a mouse??09-18-2015 07:00 AM An important thing here is to make sure you don't change ANYTHING else(don't hit the delete key on anything) Ok, right click on start, then runtype: Regedithit return on your keyboard Yes, there is a LOT of stuff in here, but it is organized.you have the menu across the top, you want to hit edit, then findtype: DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgradeIf you look on the bottom of the regedit window, you will see the location, and it SHOULD say: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Install If it does, then on the right side(in the regedit window), you right-click on the DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade, and click modify.    Change it from a 1 to a 0.The logic here is the 1 means "yes", a 0 would mean no.   We do NOT want the user settings to be deleted on upgrade, so we modify the value.Once you make the change and hit 0, you can exit out, and that will fix the problem.    Note that you still need to tell the drivers to disable touchpad when an external pointing device is plugged in if you have not already done so.The advantage to doing this, rather than turning off the touchpad, is that you can unplug your mouse to travel, and you don't have to make changes ahead of time.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Major-Keyboard-Issue-With-Laptop-Request-Help/td-p/5805532
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey With Keyboard Games Issue Playing Laptop's While guys just three days ago I ordered a new-condition HP Issue With Laptop's Keyboard While Playing Games Pavilion Liquid Platinum laptop Since the beginning I've noticed that when playing different video games the arrow keys don't respond properly For example when playing a racing game the vehicle in the game may not turn if I press down on the left or right arrow keys If the vehicle does turn if I let go of the left or right arrow key the vehicle may still keep turning Also sometimes by only holding down the up arrow key to tell the vehicle in the game to move forward without letting go of the key at all the vehicle may start to decelerate as if I did let go of the up arrow key These problems don't only occur in just one game they happened in almost every game I have tried so far with some games responding better to the keyboard keys than others I am pretty new to using Windows so if anybody could give me some advice as to how I can resolve this problem I would greatly appreciate it Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/68536-issue-laptops-keyboard-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,
I own a Samsun laptop. It had always worked fine, until it fell while shutting down and presumably damaged the hard drive. Nevertheless, I reinstalled Windows and it ran perfectly well for a couple of months. Then, all of a sudden, it wouldn't even boot. A few light went up and a faint noise could be heard from the fan, but that was it. After severan tries, it finally booted, but now the keyboard just didn't respond. From then on it's been the same: most times it won't boot, and when it does, keyboard won't work. Sometimes it'll freeze at startup or crash when trying to activate the screen keyboard. What can I do? Is it fixable? Expensive? My warranty's still on time, though, and I'll give it a try tomorrow, but on the meantime any help would be appreciated.

A:Laptop double issue: booting and keyboard

You probably damaged the HDD and possibily the mother board. If your comfortable opening the laptop you might want to check that the keyboard ribbon is still seated properly, note this will probably void your warranty, so if you plan on using the warranty don't open up the laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-double-issue-booting-and-keyboard.1055364/
Relevancy 55.04%

My Asus F83Se laptop keyboard is having some problem and I can't figure out how to fix it.
The left arrow key is not working, while multiple other keys works but with additional 'left arrow key kept being pressed' problem.. For example, if I press z key button, z will be shown on screen but the cursor kept going left repeatedly.. and it won't stop until i press other normal functioning keys

keys with this problem: z x h j , . and up arrow

Keyboard wasn't spilled with any liquid..

Need help on this issue

A:Asus F83Se laptop keyboard issue

How to Reset a Keyboard

Bring up the keyboard settings dialog box. Double-click the "My Computer" icon on the desktop. Click the "Change a Setting" choice in the left column. In the window that appears, double-click the "Keyboard" icon. This dialog box handles all settings for your current keyboard. Another path to the control panel is to click the "Start" button at the bottom left of the screen. Roll the mouse pointer up to "Settings" and click "Control Panel."

Reset the character repeat settings. The speed of character repeat and the delay before repeating starts is adjustable with sliding level indicators. Click on the adjuster and hold your finger on the mouse button to drag the adjustment left or right.

Change the cursor blink rate. A faster blink helps to locate the cursor while moving it with the arrow keys. Change the blink rate by dragging the slide to the left or right for slower or faster.

Enable the keyboard to accommodate one-handed typing or foreign languages. Click on the "Input Locales" tab near the top of the dialog box. Click the "Add" button for choices of available languages. Click the "Properties" button for choices to include Dr. Dvorak?s keyboard layouts for two-handed typing or single-handed typing with either hand.

Identify and correct keyboard malfunctions. Click the "Hardware" tab on the dialog box. The current keyboard will be listed under devices. The functioning status of the keyboard is displayed, and a troubleshoot button is active for use anytime. Make a first attempt to resolve keyboard problems by clicking this button.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-f83se-laptop-keyboard-issue.165803/
Relevancy 54.61%

Ive got a problem with my laptop thats only started in the past couple of days an I'm not sure what it is or how to fix it :S, the problem is that i cant use the keys more than once without using the left click buton on the touch pad for example without left clicking the button such words as facebok michele helo an even deleting more than one leter wont work but if i write facebo click the left key i can continue with ok like facebook, its very frustrating hope you understand what i mean an hope someone can help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-laptop-keyboard-left-click-button.143139/
Relevancy 54.61%

Have an old asus laptop that i use very little. I noticed that when i type something ... nothing shows up.

I open up google. I type keyboard letters into google... nothing shows up. However when i click the letter F... it would seem to click on the top right corner where the 3 horizontal lines are located right under the X. The google chrome settings.

I then use my touchpad or regular mouse. When i try to click on anything like picture i have or video etc or icons on my desktop.. it would open up the properties. Does anyone know how do i fix this issue? Basically i cannot type any letter anywhere.

A:Laptop Keyboard Doesn't Work Very Strange Issue

Basically anything i click on does this... unless i click on start menu and then click on the program. Thus if i click on say avast or a program on desktop, it shows the properties of it. If i click on program using start menu... it does show up.

I scanned using malwarebytes. It did mention something trojan.something but i removed it. But this is using malwarebytes free. I have avast as well but doesnt detect anything.

Its definitely not number lock. I tried this.

The other thing that was strange was after a while... suddenly the mouse and touchpad it did click. But then when i shut the lid of my computer down then opened it up... have same issue. So same problem.

The thing though is i did recently go to certain sites where they have passwords for adult sites... and used it to log in etc. Could this be the cause of it? Thus i used a login and password from someone who posted free username/pass for an adult site.

heres another strange thing. When i click on tab... it would display all the windows i have opened in like a ruler... then each time i press tab... it would go to each window.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395896-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work-very-strange-issue.html
Relevancy 50.31%

So I plugged a mac keyboard into my pc laptop and now ....

Some of the keys in my laptop keyboard work and some end up typing something completely different than what they are.

Anyone know how to fix this? I googled for a solution and couldn't find any results

A:Solved: Plugged a keyboard into my laptop. Now my laptop keyboard doesn't work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-plugged-a-keyboard-into-my-laptop-now-my-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work.854159/
Relevancy 46.87%

ok so i m forced to use this onscreen keyboard because my keyboard suddenly stopped working tried switching it with another one i know works and had the same problem with it so keyboard the working...not the issue. that is keyboard quit that rules out the keyboard it s self as having the issue tried a sys restore same prob tried reinstalling windows still have the problem i have a driver for my texas instruments keyboard quit working...not the keyboard that is the issue. usb ports that is reading not successfully installed but i can t seem to find the driver it anywhere because they claim win installs it automatically but it obviously didn t i have tried switching usb ports tried pulling out the usb to the keyboard restarting then plugging back in and still have this issue can anyone please help ps not getting error messages and the keyboard claims quot this device is working properly quot Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor AMD Family keyboard quit working...not the keyboard that is the issue. Model Stepping Processor keyboard quit working...not the keyboard that is the issue. Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer EM SM EM PM Antivirus None nbsp

A:keyboard quit working...not the keyboard that is the issue.

Hello, Are any lights visible on the keyboard? If so, and your keyboard is not working, Try adjusting the connector for your keyboard and check the wiring, especially, if your connecting wire is in a stressed position.( i.e. bend
or crooked)
Let me know if this post is was helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-quit-working-not-the-keyboard-that-is-the-issue.1093342/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am using windows 8.1.
1. Go to Control Panel -> Keyboard -> Tab HardwareIn list Devices is null.
2. Go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Tab Hardware
In list Devices is null.
How to fix this error.
Thank you!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990117
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey guys!

I recently got a Casio keyboard, with a new MIDI cable.

I'm a music artist and I'm totally new with this 'keyboard-to-computer-via-MIDI' stuff.

I don't know how to connect my Casio Keyboard to my computer with a MIDI cable. I've mostly been using Mixcraft's music library, but I want to start something new with my new keyboard.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can connect my keyboard to my laptop via MIDI?

I've looked at other forum posts and contacted a few music artists..........they had nothing.

Please help!

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53665-midi-keyboard-connecting-casio-keyboard-lenovo-z51-laptop.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I had a problem with my laptop not Several laptop keyboard working keyboard - keys on problem not which is certain key on my keyboard is not functioning The weird is it happened without a reason because Several keys on laptop keyboard not working - not keyboard problem after I shutdown doing my work when I turn it on again I discovered my quot s quot quot d quot quot g quot quot h quot quot quot quot m quot quot left shift quot quot caps lock quot and quot quot key did not work at all I try taking the key off cleaning underneath but nothing seems to be working After that I try to use usb keyboard and it seems the key can be entered So I thought my hardware is the problem than I replace into the new one but still having the same problem I already waste my money buying new keyboard Does any one happen to know what sort of problem this is and how I would go about fixing it Is it related to the registry My laptop is Acer aspire G ram GB processor i GHz I hope someone can help me to solve this problem nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/several-keys-on-laptop-keyboard-not-working-not-keyboard-problem.181333/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey I am pretty desperate usb does fine not keyboard but keyboard works work with laptop now as I recently got a new Lenovo z laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard ideapad laptop which i think its months old only All of the sudden one day the shift laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard key started to automatically been pressed down as if its like its being 'possessed' in simple terms and it happened at random times After much forums some say hold shift key down for secs or x amount of secs disable sticky keys filter keys bounce keys or even continue press shift keys continuously etc etc Did all those disabled sticky keys bounch keys filter keys and now whenever i on my comp the shift key will automatically be pressed down so i have to hold the shift key for like - secs to disable it than it works fine and no more occurence However a new problem occurs now certain keys on the laptop is not working like the right shift key when the right shift key is pressed down none of the letters are being capital or none of the symbols are showing BUT the left shift key does the job Than the left shift key could not caps the letter z t y m and a few more but it works prefectly fine with other keys Now i am pretty sure its not a keyboard malfunction because without pressing caps all the keys are fine but only these certain keys wont be caps when the left shift key is pressed So i decided to use an external keyboard and everything works out fine right shift key is working left shift key caps those letters which could not be caps on the laptop So what is the problem actually and how to solve it is it a keyboard driver or software problem or hardware problem Novice here Ps now i know you guys would say send in for warranty but I'm now in Australia and unfortunately i bought this machine in malaysia and my international waranty wont work cause my model is not sold in Australia yea bloody stupid for calling international warranty thanks and hope you guys could somehow help out

A:laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard

The fact that a USB keyboard works fine when your built in one doesn't, proves that it is the keyboard itself (or connectors) that is damaged/defective, otherwise, if it were a software problem, the external keyboard would do the same.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548387/laptop-keyboard-does-not-work-but-works-fine-with-usb-keyboard/
Relevancy 45.15%

I want keyboard laptop all-in-one I into trackpad my and want turn keyboard an and mouse to to remove the monitor basically gut it and turn the keyboard and trackpad of my laptop into a keyboard with built-in mouse for my desktop It s an old laptop that I was I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse thinking about throwing away anyway so I might as well turn it into something useful look at attachment I want be able to connect that to my desktop with USB and be able to use I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse it as both keyboard and mouse have both I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse the keyboard and trackpad work My desktop is right next to my bed so I sometimes swing the monitor around and put the keyboard and mouse on the bed But it s damn hard to use a mouse when you have bedsheets and blankets and other stuff that s soft as a surface Also I can t have any compatibility problems it needs to work with all systems in my house that I may want to connect it to Mac OS Windows XP Vista and Linux Ubuntu and Fedora nbsp

A:I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse

would anyone happen to know, and can give me a step-by-step?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-turn-my-laptop-keyboard-and-trackpad-into-an-all-in-one-keyboard-and-mouse.785581/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I do a lot of typing at night time and the click of my keyoard's keys can be quite noticeable when there is pure silence. I have a Logitech K520 which isn't so loud but I would really love a keyboard that has the same type of keys as my Samsung laptop which are practically silent. Most laptops I've tried have similar keyboards in that the key doesn't travel far at all and there is no 'clicky' sounds either.

I have no idea what I would search for as I don't know what the style of keyboard is called. There are various names on the market, 'soft touch', 'quiet touch', 'low profile' etc etc but nothing that specifically identifies a laptop style.

I would just like a wireless laptop keyboard basically, even if it's the same size as a laptop keyboard but preferrably full sized.

Thanks very much for any advice

Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Dell M Laptop that has New different function like keys laptop (: Help! keyboard has old keyboard? layout, served me quite well for several years I just replaced the keyboard the other day and everything is working fine except that the new keyboard has a slightly different layout than the old keyboard did For example with the new keyboard all the F F F etc keys have function secondaries on them like multimedia brightness antennae toggle and so on My old keyboard New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: didnt have most of these and so when I attempt to use them on the new New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: keyboard they simply do not work In fact when I use function keys as if I still had my old keyboard installed the functions work which means it is the software interpretation of the keys that I need to change Does anybody know how I can fix this so that the keys of the new keyboard and functions match what the keys New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: actually say Another thing to add is that some of the new function keys on the new laptop such as antennae toggle were not on my last keyboard at all because they are softkeys on the case of my computer and I am not sure a function like that would be able to be added to the keyboard mapping at all but I m not sure Also I would prefer to not install third party software to accomplish this even if it means I need to delve into the registry manually Can anybody help nbsp

A:New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (:

You might try holding the 'fn' key while you tap the fnumber key.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-keyboard-has-different-layout-keys-function-like-old-keyboard-help.1042592/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

Everything was working fine. Suddenly, when I typed on the usb keyboard, nothing happened. So I put it in a different usb port on the laptop, and it still didn't work. So I tried the laptop's own keyboard and still nothing. I'm not sure what is going on. 

I tried deleting the keyboard driver from Device Manager but that did nothing. I tried searching for this problem but all the results seem to not apply to this specifically. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Also... I'm a n00b that knows very little about computers so bear with me

A:Laptop won't recognize keyboard OR external usb keyboard

When you deleted the keyboard driver for the laptop...did you reboot after doing so?

Does your BIOS call for USB  boot via USB device?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573633/laptop-wont-recognize-keyboard-or-external-usb-keyboard/
Relevancy 44.29%

My grandmother was in the middle of typing an email. When she hit the shift key to make a capital letter, a box about sticky keys came up, and now neither keyboard will work. She has restarted the computer, unplugged/re-plugged in the auxilary keyboard, (before, even with the auxilary keyboard plugged in, she could still use the laptop keyboard), pressing the scroll lock key didn't do anyting either.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Kirsten

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-auxilary-keyboard-not-working.829998/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, I have an old Time laptop (so getting any drivers/chipsets will be a pain) that I'm using as a Home Theatre PC under my TV. I can wake up from standby with its power button, but not from its keyboard. Also, I can't do this using my Microsoft Wireless Desktop Keyboard, connected via USB (laptop doesn't have any PS2 ports).

I want to be albe to keep the laptop lid closed at all times and placed above my VCR, so having to open it every time I want to wake from standby is not ideal.

I've looked at all the APM properties for m/board and keyb but nothing. The BIOS says nothing about power management either.

Running Win XP SP2

Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Laptop can't wake-up from Standby with own keyboard or USB keyboard

Hi

Were u able to do that before? Are u sure that your laptop is set to standby and not to sleep/hibernate mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cant-wake-up-from-standby-with-own-keyboard-or-usb-keyboard.722999/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi folks I've had success on this forum before and I'm hoping someone with more knowledge of IT than me can Cannot and in laptop to keyboard on-screen unresponsive keyboard ? W7 log no suggest Cannot log in to W7 laptop ? unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard a workaround solution Cannot log in to W7 laptop ? unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard to an issue I currently have with a Windows Home Premium laptop This is an old laptop that I only use from time to time but it still has a number of files and photos on it that I don't have saved elsewhere Last time I used the laptop it was acting as if the Ctrl key was being pressed every - seconds which made the keyboard difficult to use because it triggered shortcuts as I tried to type Ctrl O Ctrl S etc Because I don't use the laptop as my main machine I decided that I'd uninstall the keyboard driver from within the Control Panel and just use the on-screen keyboard going forward Following this I powered the machine on a couple of days ago and panicked when I discovered that I couldn't get the Ease of Access dialog box to display on the login screen to allow me to enable the on-screen keyboard It doesn't produce any kind of error it simply does nothing when the button located in the left-hand corner is clicked At this point I was still hopeful that I could get around the issue by connecting a standard USB keyboard but this is also completely unresponsive although it does appear to be getting power from the laptop because the Caps Lock indicator light is lit I've tried a few alternatives connecting the keyboard before powering up during the start up process and also at the log in screen Additionally in the hope that it would automatically install a driver in the background and eventually allow the keyboard to function I left the machine running for about minutes but still nothing So just to confirm the machine has only a single user account set up on it which is password protected I can't proceed past the log in screen at all the laptop's default keyboard is unresponsive Ease of Access OSK dialog box will not display and the standard USB keyboard I have here doesn't appear to be helping either I also considered trying the above in safe mode before realising that I couldn't even do that without a keyboard unless there's another way of accessing this that I'm not aware of Any ideas - Thanks

A:Cannot log in to W7 laptop – unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard

If you are just interested in recovering your data to save elsewhere you could purchase an external enclosure for about $8.00 at Newegg, remove the HDD from the laptop and install it in the external enclosure.  You can then attach it to another computer via a USB cable (which comes with the enclosure) and access your data to recover what you want.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591884/cannot-log-in-to-w7-laptop-unresponsive-keyboard-and-no-on-screen-keyboard/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I have a strange problem and I can't find solution on internet. My 2 years old son was watching cartoons on my Laptop, he got excited and start hitting buttons on the keyboard. Some letters and numbers stooped working even arrows too...no sure what to do?

I have restated the laptop took off battery and did so many things What should I do?
please help

Thanks for your help

A:Laptop Keyboard main keys not working on Acer laptop

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

It is not hard to replace the keyboard.

See these search results for pricing and "hot to" videos.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309462-laptop-keyboard-main-keys-not-working-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm thinking about taking and old laptop and retrofitting it with a mini motherboard to use as a server at my new apartment. I would like to use the keyboard and monitor on the laptop case to keep the overall size down but I can't find any reference as to how you connect standard motherboard connectors (video and PS2(keyboard)) to the connectors found on the laptop monitor and keyboard. If anyone knows where I can find these connectors or specs on how to make them I would really appreciate it. If the mod gets done it will probably be pretty impressive and I'll give you credit for your troubles. Thanks

A:Need help with adapters: VGA to laptop monitor & PS2 to laptop keyboard

You should look for a docking station for it. That will solve your problems. :hotouch:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-adapters-vga-to-laptop-monitor-ps2-to-laptop-keyboard.2207/
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm using another PC to post this, I was just on my PC on MSN, and all of a sudden the enter key didnt work, and if I tried to hold shift and press the : button, it just made a space.

If I just pressed the ; button on its own (without shift), it made a :

I restarted my PC, and when I turn it back on and it goes to the login screen... my password doesnt work.

Ive tried caps lock on and off, and holding shift on and off... none of the things work.... now I can't even logon to my PC

HELP PLZ

A:BIG Keyboard Issue

Booted Safe Mode and System Restored. Fixed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/big-keyboard-issue-360882.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a laptop that is a couple of years old.  The dash / underscore key is not working as of the other day.  Is there anything special I can do to test the keyboard, other than hitting all keys? Note:  The key does not feel out of the ordinary to the touch.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Keyboard-issue/td-p/5705041
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello, i have some problem with my keyboard, when i wanna type quotes " i have to press Shift+" two times to make it appear but while doing so it gets types twice like this ===> "" it does not get typed at the first instance but whn i press shift + " (2times) it gets typed.please help to resolve this issue

A:Keyboard Issue

Sounds like you have a sticky KB. Get a new one, they're low cost.

I just got a new Logitech Classic Keyboard 200 for a little over $15 w/tax from Office Depot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-issue-276720.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My son snuck on my laptop and when I get on it to type some letters are actually putting in numbers instead. Please help me

A:keyboard issue

First of all - welcome to BC !

Have you any idea what your son might have done when he 'snuck on' to your laptop - could he have split anything on it ?  I take it from the expression 'snuck on' that he probably isn't very old. Are there any signs of physical damage - such as being pounded with a hard toy ?

It would also help if you told us the make and model of the laptop.

Keyboards are reasonably robust, I have seen one which was being used by a retired joiner who typed like he was still driving six inch nails, but they are very vulnerable to spills. Post back.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567122/keyboard-issue/
Relevancy 40.85%

So, here's the thing.. A few hours ago a friend of mine came to check on my desktop computer for it had some problems. After he had gone I noticed that the keyboard was functioning weird. I think it's really a small problem and has something to do with the settings but I just haven't got a clue what to do. The problem is, the letters are all mixed up.
When I press 'a', 'b', 'c' the results are 'a', 'x', 'j'. 'D' becomes 'e', 'v' becomes 'k', 'w' becomes '.' etc.
Could someone please help me out?

A:An issue with keyboard

There`s a keyboard remapper HERE I`ve never used it,but it sounds promising.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/an-issue-with-keyboard.49824/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello Frnds! i have a strange issue and not sure if this is the right place to post this. But, anyways my keyboard doesnt work with a game (Blacklight Tango down). In the begining of the game it says "press enter to start" and when i press enter nothing happens, it just stays there. My Num lock key light is ON and it works with other games perfectly fine.

Please suggest.

There are two patches for this game, have you applied them?

Also are you running it on steam or from a disc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/145030-keyboard-issue.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I somehow got switched so the keys only print the second character on the right side of the keyboard. For example I press L and it types 3. How do I get out of this mode?

This thread has been solved. You should post a new thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue.574412/
Relevancy 40.85%

My keyboard always worked fine but now i can only use 2 keyboardbuttons at once, so hotkeys like Ctrl, Alt, Delete are impossible to do and also in games, its very annoying. Is there anyway to fix this?
2 weeks ago i could use more then 3 keys at once, so it should be fixable.
thanks in Advance
Yanniz

This seems strange.
This happend to me but only because I changed keyboards :S You could try messing about in the control pannel under keyboard settings but I can't promise anything.
Sorry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue.729778/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

I have a XMG gaming laptop (only approximately 6 months old). the keyboard just yesterday decided to start pressing random buttons, mainly the scroll lock keeps turning off and on also a few letters are repeating themselves. what can i do

Thanks

Jay

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/keyboard-issue-1150297.html
Relevancy 40.85%

When i type a i,a 5 is typed out,....when i type a letter p,...the * is typed.whats wrong?im using onscreen keyboard and it works but it suks.numbers lock not on

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue.893219/
Relevancy 40.85%

Dear HP Support, This is only an issue for gaming. Whenever I play first person shooter games, or games requiring me to press the keys W,A,S,D to move around, one of them remain in motion as if it were still being pressed down on. It acts like the sticky key feature. However, the sticky key feature isn't on. I would normally just have to tap it again to deactivate. The same problem doesn't affect typing. Looked at all of the keyboard properties and software updates, but nothing was wrong.  I am using the standard ps/2 keyboard. I just got this laptop just over a week ago amd theres no dirt or physical problem with the laptop. Any suggestions? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Keyboard-Issue/td-p/5684265
Relevancy 40.85%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+, x64 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1021 Mb
Graphics Card: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, 3 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 227239 MB, Free - 139745 MB; D: Total - 11232 MB, Free - 1544 MB;
Motherboard: OEM_MB, IVY8, 2.00, MS1C8BR52404987
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

while using the keyboard some keys dont always work, it seem to be random and the keys work in MSWorks but in facebook, etc there, i have replaced the keyboard but no different.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue.973396/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

My laptop facing some issue

Some arow keys are not working properly....

some times cursor moving to letft continuosly...some times it moves right.....sometimes top and some times botttom....

please help me

I am using windows 7

A:Keyboard issue

Quote: Originally Posted by jainpulickal

Hi,

My laptop facing some issue

Some arow keys are not working properly....

some times cursor moving to letft continuosly...some times it moves right.....sometimes top and some times botttom....

please help me

I am using windows 7

Hi jainpulickal,

Welcome to Sevenforums.

Please check the system under safe mode:

Safe Mode

Also, if possible kindly connect a USB keyboard and Mouse to the system to check the system.

Let us know the results of the same so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/294169-keyboard-issue.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I run a Windows 7 64bit service pack 1 with a wireless keyboard 3000. I find that the @ and " keys are vice versa. I have checked that my settings show me as running English UK and I have even tried the English International but I cannot manage it. Where am I going wrong?

First, see if the same problem occurs with another keyboard (wireless or not).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-issue-631188.html
Relevancy 40.85%

i posted this a while back but on the wrong forum, so hopefully somebody here might be able to shed some light on this issue

I have an acer aspire V11 touch laptop and about 2 weeks ago the keyboard stopped working properly. Whenever I try typing anything there is no output apart from when I try stroking multiple keys really quickly. However this results in a keyboard spasm and will continuously type out the same letter over and over again. The only way I can stop that is by holding down the esc key or the spacebar, and as soon as I let that go it continues!

I have tried pretty much everything in the control panel and settings, including trying to uninstall and reinstall it, as well as checking it wasn't anything to do with filter or sticky keys

Any help would be much appreciated, as using the touch screen keyboard takes so long to type everything!

Attach an external keyboard and post back if this does the same thing or works properly. (This will help determine if the problem is software or hardware).

Also have you turned the laptop on its side and cleaned the keyboard with canned air in case somethings are stuck under the keyboard causing problems?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/127928-keyboard-issue.html
Relevancy 40.85%

plEasE ExcUsE my gRammaR It thE IssUE IvE bEEn havIng Im RUnnIng WIndOWs sEvEn UltImatE thIRty tWo bIt i dId bUy thIs cOPy EvERytImE I tyPE Its as If thE shIFt kEys aRE stUck IvE tRIEd PlUggIng In a Usb kEybOaRd thE PROblEm Is stIll thERE alsO WhEn I clIck sOmEthIng WIth my mOUsE It hIghlIghts EvERythIng IvE WhEN I tyPE nUmbERs It lIkE Im hOldIng shIft fOR ExamPlE IvE EvEn PlUggEd UP a Usb mOUSE I stIll havE IssUEs WIth IT hIghlIghtIng EvERythIng I am cOnvIncEd Its malWaRE OF Issue ive everything keyboard tried sOmEsORt Im dEsPREtE PlEasE hElP mE Im RUnnIng hP WIndOWs sEvEn thIRty tWo bIt alsO IvE tRIEd tO REInstall bUt InOdER tO I havE tO keyboard Issue ive tried everything sEt thE bOOT PRIORITy vIa f EIght and thE kEy dOEsnt WORk PROPERly IvE Ran a vIRUs scan It cOmEs clEaR yEt thE PROblEm stIll cOnsIst WIth OthER haRdWaRE I attach tO thIs laPtOP Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Logitech Vid HD Vid exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files Logitech LWS Webcam Software CameraHelperShell exe C ProgramData A - EAB- AF -A - E B BE E WebStudio Install exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows explorer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system notepad exe C Users Administrator Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run Logitech Vid quot C Program Files Logitech Vid HD Vid exe quot -bootmode O - HKCU Run uTorrent quot C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe quot O - HKCU Run Web Studio Update Setup C Users Administrator AppData Local A - EAB- AF -A - E B BE E WebStudio Install exe updatesetup O - HKCU Run Web Studio Update Setup for All Users C ProgramData A - EAB- AF -A - E B BE E WebStudio Install exe updatesetup O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Google Sidewiki - res C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component GoogleToolbarDynamic mui en DF FAB E dll cmsidewiki html O - Extra button GetStyles - CD DD-ABCD- -DCAB- E E - no file O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem GetStyles - CD DD-ABCD- -DCAB- E E - no file O - Ext... Read more

A:keyboard Issue ive tried everything

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

We no longer use HijackThis as our initial analysis tool.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/keyboard-issue-ive-tried-everything-565143.html
Relevancy 40.85%

keyboard issue, please help

I have a major problem with my computer, my keyboard would not work, the num light came on but not the cap or the scroll and it simply would not work, so I tried several other keyboards on my computer and they all did the same thing, but worked fine on the other computer. I have a USB keyboard so I assumed the it was my ps2 port that was bad. I hooked up the USB keyboard and it worked fine for 1 day. Then it wouldnt work, except for the num light. I tried everything. For whatever reason it stated working again. Now, it is doing the same thing again, only the num light comes on. Any ideas?

Use canned air to clean out the PS/2 and USB ports... but it is likely the problme is in the motherboard, and will be expensive to repair. Consider upgrading the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-issue.74426/
Relevancy 40.85%

The situation actually started early September with Issue Keyboard I noticed something was wrong Whenever I tried to use one of the symbols by pressing shift and the number it does not respond to my touch Evenutally after Issue with Keyboard seconds to a minute after pressing the button Issue with Keyboard serveral times and pressing it hard it evenutally works Over the course of time to now I am just having issue with typing the numbers over the letter keys Even pressing the shift key both of them would be around a minute to three minutes As we are speaking now I am having an issue just getting the numbers to type nbsp I fear it may be an hardware thing because my warranty ran out back in August and money is an issue for me at the moment For the fact that it is an issue to log into my computer or using password with numbers and even typiing essays I have found this irratiable to getting any work done I was thinking of getting a new keyboard but I still don't like the fact this computer is just a year old but I am having to buy a keyboard for it I want to say it may be a softare related issue because if it was the key I think the backlight would be out as well but I am thinking it is either a keyboard related issue a software related one or I am not cleaning the keyboard correctly May I ask for assistance as this is making me worried that more issues have come into play nbsp Other than the keyboard related issue this is the only thing that is wrong with this computer I feel ashamed that I am a IT major and I do not know what the issue may be

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Issue-with-Keyboard/td-p/5799330
Relevancy 40.85%

I type c and I get 0qxc*. Help!

The maybe a vista or hardware issue but it certainly is not a networking issue which is why I have moved your post the vista forum for better support.

Usual solutions to try are:

reboot
disconnect and reconnect the keyboard
try a different keyboard

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-issue-656187.html
Relevancy 40.85%

It seems set to German or something cause when I type a quotation mark then o or u, it puts the umlaut. I checked keyboard and regional/lang settings and all is US english. What do?

There is a chance that someone individually mapped the keys.

Look in the Registry for any Scancode Map keys. See below for reference:

How To Disable Caps Lock Key in Windows XP and Vista « My Digital Life

If not, then you might wish to try to reinstall the US or other English keyboard.

How to change your keyboard layout

Microsoft also has a Fixit for detecting general keyboard problems:

Troubleshoot keyboard problems

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-issue-873618.html
Relevancy 40.85%

After a couple days after my computer being off, I turned it on as usual and keyboard was unresponsive. I troubleshot my laptop by uninstalling the keyboard driver and restarting the laptop with no success. I reset the computer to factory settings and nothing as well as updating the computer and keyboard driver. I'm able to type with an external keyboard. The mouse pad still works and that's pretty much it. The blacklight still flashes every time I turn on the laptop. I've had this laptop for about 1 year and 1/2 with minimal to moderate use. If anyone has a solution or any suggestions on fixing this problem, I gladly appreciate it. Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-Keyboard-Issue/td-p/3390416
Relevancy 40.85%

My friend has a brand new Toshiba Satellite laptop. None of the symbols appear correctly when depressing the shift key? She cannot even get a @ as this symbol comes up " when pressed using the shift key. Help please.

Confirm language and keyboard settings in Regional settings in Control Panel are correct to your country

Or test with another Keyboard to confirm it is not a keyboard fault

You may need to confirm that your Bios revision is also correct, by going to your Toshiba support web page

If you suspect hardware fault please return under warranty

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-issue.125597/
Relevancy 40.85%

So I have a strange one for you today. About a week ago I booted up my Acer Aspire E13 ES1-311 running Windows 10 only to find I couldnt type my password. Slightly strange as I only used it the night before.So I've tried several things. Uninstalling programs I'd installed recently to see if they were conflicting. I've searched the Acer website for drivers but cannot see any keyboard ones listed for my model. I have however updated the Cipset drivers to no avail. I've used a restore point to when it worked. Nada.So the two strange things for me.1) The Fn keys still work. I can change the volume and brightness on the keyboard and all the other usual stuff.2) The full keyboard works in BIOS. I can enter BIOS and I can type everything. Only when I get to the Windows Log On does the keyboard become a spare part.So what else can I try?!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/ES1-311-Keyboard-issue/td-p/454322
Relevancy 40.85%

I've noticed that i can't seem to hold down shift (which is run or sprint in many games) and two keys at once like W+D to move diagonally. How can I fix this? Thanks.

you did not state your operating system.

tried to help from what i had. came up with the following. it is google and looks like it covers windows and mac.

http://www.google.com/search?source...05-06,GGLD:en&q=move+diagonally+with+keyboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue.336953/
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm working on a friends HP pavillion. I'm installing a new harddrive. When I reboot the keyboard lights come on for a split second then go off and I have no function after that. I can't hold down f1 to get to the bios or anything. He said he used a usb keyboard to get in unfortunately I don't have one. Is there any other way around this? Is this a bad connection or could it be something else. The keyboard works fine on my computer. Any help would be great!!

The keyboard in question works on your other system. Does that system's keyboard work on the system that has the non working keyboard. If so the problem is mostly likely with the port and a USB keyboard would be the easiest solution

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue.266539/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have Issue Keyboard an old Zboard keyboard from when Ideazon was still manufacturing distributing them Last night I spilled just a drop of Coca-Cola into the right-CTRL key from then on some keys when pressed would cause mutliple keys to be actuated For example pressing Keyboard Issue the G key would cause G R and to be actuated and H would cause H Y and Many keys are doing this and a couple keys just don t work This morning I opened it up and cleaned it out Being a smoker I had a lot of ash inside my keyboard which mixed with the cola I cleaned that all out wiped down the membranes and the domes and cleaned the main connections with isopropyl alcohol This did not fix the problem I ve spilled drinks into keyboard before sometimes the keyboard will flat out short circuit and never work again and sometimes it didn t hurt the keyboard at all This problem is unique to me Anyone know why it s having this problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue.1060281/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi guys I m having an that I was hoping I could get some assistance with I m having a problem with my Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate Keyboard where the characters and certain punctuation keys are not working I have read several threads on other keyboard Issues but it seems like those still don t quite apply For the sake of ease here are the facts My Computer is running on Windows The drivers for the keyboard are up to date From observation there does not appear to be an issue with the hardware itself The keyboard is clean ALL of the keys work without any issue including both shift keys EXCEPT when shift and an alpha numeric key are pressed together to try and get the symbol keys This leads me to suspect an issue with software The number keys that don t work with the shift keys are and It should be noted that and do in fact work to get and There is also an issue with getting a question mark the keyboard region settings are correct and it is not an issue with mismatched characters the characters are absent entirely when these keys are pressed Again all the number keys work as they Should when pressed to do both shift keys l am able to get capital letters without issue as well as certain punctuation marks I do not have the same issues with another keyboard I issue USB keyboard just wanted to know really why this keyboard would randomly begin to act differently as It had been perfectly fine beforehand Help guys This mystery USB keyboard issue is driving me up the wall nbsp

A:USB keyboard issue

From reading your description, I don't know why you have ruled out a hardware issue. The fact that the 5 and 6 keys work while others don't, and your statement that you are not having this problem with another keyboard both point to a hardware problem. Why would the 5 and 6 keys be the only keys working if there was a software issue?
The best test of course would be to use another identical keyboard and see what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-keyboard-issue.1116770/
Relevancy 40.85%

Morning Out There I have a User that has a very strange issue she has been complaining that she can't click her start button and the machine is acting a bit strangely. So i had her reboot into Safe Mode Install Malware Bytes and it found some stuff and i had her clean and reboot. Here is the issue once she reboots the machine normally the keyboard doesn't work @ all it only works in Safe Mode.

Did you try different keyboard?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413892/keyboard-issue/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all,

I have a peculiar issue, which developed today without a clear genesis.

My control button (left) is closing windows whenever it is used. So, if I press control and F, the window is automatically closed. My arrow buttons have simultaneously started acting oddly. The right arrow also closes its window, whilst the left one brings up the find function and occasionally the windows mobility centre. These key functions are causing issues in my browser and word, and a restart has not helped.

Any help would be much appreciated because I cant work out what the issue is,

Thanks,

Tim.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/400021-keyboard-issue.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello
My system a Dell Latitude runs on Windows XP and I cannot log into the computer via ctrl, alt, del.
Nothing happens when I press this. I connected an external keyboard and still nothing happens.
I can enter the BIOS screen via both keyboards and can select options in the BIOS screen. I have to hard start and hard power off the system and I cannot log in.

Can anyone help?

Press F12 at bootup and do the Dell Diagnostics.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-issue-608315.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

Recently on my TOSHIBA Satellite Pro C50 I've been experiencing an issue. Bare in mind it was working fine yesterday before I slept but had problems in the morning.

The keyboard is working fine, its the functioning. Most of the keys input a different character with the desired key.

Ex.

When i press "3" it inputs "d3" and when i press d it also inputs the same thing.
When i press "." it inputs ".9" and with "9".

I don't know why its doing this, so i wanted to ask if anyones got some ideas on this?

Shut it down and do a cold boot. How is the keyboard?
To troubleshoot hardware versus software, I usually attach a USB keyboard to see if the behavior is the same or different.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue.1151197/
Relevancy 40.85%

hello when ever i press the number six on my it will end up as - and when i press the number six above the keyboard it will be y and the number 5 will be t so what is wrong?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-issue/td-p/5658573
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there. Don't know if this is the right subforum.
I am often using the US international keyboard. To change certain letters you use the AltGr (right alt) key. For me, it is awkward to use this key. How can I reassign it to some other key? When you do a search on the internet, they say it is the same as using Ctrl Alt. Not for me. Of course, changing this key would be just for the US INt'l keyboard. Thank you for your tips.

Quote: Originally Posted by gallicbear

Hi there. Don't know if this is the right subforum.
I am often using the US international keyboard. To change certain letters you use the AltGr (right alt) key. For me, it is awkward to use this key. How can I reassign it to some other key? When you do a search on the internet, they say it is the same as using Ctrl Alt. Not for me. Of course, changing this key would be just for the US INt'l keyboard. Thank you for your tips.

There are several good key mapping apps on the net. They would do what you want

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/61377-keyboard-issue.html
Relevancy 40.85%

i have a hp wireless classic desktop keyboard and mouse combo,and the 5 multimedia control keys and 3 buttons for easy volume controls are not working.they stopped working today.please help me fix this problem.any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 40.85%

Suddenly our pc no longer accepts digits from our keyboard. We are using a pc with windows 7 and a gear head 2.4 Gig wireless keyboard and mouse. Batteries are good and the mouse performs all of its functions. The keyboard is the issue. Could my wife have pushed a button to accidentally locked it from entering digits?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue.1164075/
Relevancy 40.85%

I installed Windows 7 32 bit after wiping my wife's Japanese Dell laptop which had XP home verision on it. I had a big problem that turned out to have a simple solution. I had the number lock on so the keyboard was typing numbers where there should have been letters. Anyways. In order to overcome that obstacle I mistakenly reinstalled Win 7 2x and the last time was with English as the default language and English keyboard. Now my wife, who is Japanese, would like her keyboard to be on a Japanese layout but I cannot seem to get it right by adding the Japanese keyboard through the control panel and setting that to the default keyboard. Even deleted the English keyboard and the problem persists. Any ideas? Do I have to reinstall Windows again with Japanese as the default language and keyboard? Thanks.
-Sam

A:keyboard issue...

fixed, reinstalled windows again with Japanese and Japanese 106 keyboard as defaults.....

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/58213-keyboard-issue.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all,

I have a peculiar issue, which developed today without a clear genesis.

My control button (left) is closing windows whenever it is used. So, if I press control and F, the window is automatically closed. My arrow buttons have simultaneously started acting oddly. The right arrow also closes its window, whilst the left one brings up the find function and occasionally the windows mobility centre. These key functions are causing issues in my browser and word, and a restart has not helped.

Any help would be much appreciated because I cant work out what the issue is,

Thanks,

Tim.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400021-keyboard-issue.html
Relevancy 40.85%

When I use either WASD / Arrows in any game It moves me approx 2 seconds worth instead of just slightly.

I do not have this issue any other place and was wondering how I would go about fixing it?

I just recently installed UT2004 not sure if it had something to do with it

Thanks in advance

Noticed that when I hold cntrl i walk / move fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue.612009/
Relevancy 40.85%

I just reloaded my computer, I want to use my Microsoft natural PS2 keyboard. XP does not recognize it, I tried add new hardware N/G. I looked into the add hardware section but could not find anything relating to keyboards.

Phil

A:Ps2 Keyboard Issue

Did you install the software for it? Is this a USB keyboard with the PS/2 adapter on it?http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257729

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/145501/ps2-keyboard-issue/
Relevancy 40.85%

Keyboard Virus Hi I have just posted this in the virus section as well so hope im not breaking any rules I have an Eee Pc netbook windows xp dont use it much other than for web etc I think i have some sort of virus that is effecting the typing whenever i try and type anything the typing just starts automatiaclly and randomlly so i may be about to type the letter m for instance but then a sign will appear and continue even hitting the delete button may stop it but let go of the delete button and the typing continues and dosnt stop This was happening on the netbook keyboard so i tried using an external keyboard and for a few days the external keyboard was fine but if i tried to use the built in Keyboard issue keyboard the problem was still there Keyboard issue anyway the problem is now happening with the external keyboard as well so i cant do anything using the mouse is fine and as long as i dont touch the Keyboard issue keyboard all is fine then touch the Keyboard issue keyboard and the typing starts Im sure its not a sticky keyboard no interference from anothe keyboard or anything like that so the only thing i can think of is a virus of some sort ive ran my AVG and malware but nothing help Thanks nbsp

I have heard that hitting Ctrl+Num Lock will fix the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue.1013292/
Relevancy 40.85%

I don't really know how to put a topic title. Okay pictures first ...

My "Ctrl" button (seen in picture) is not getting the same pressed feeling as my other keys. Kind of like the feeling where you thought you pressed yet never press feeling. So I opened to see the below, and I do not know what is wrong (besides it being a little dirty). Should not be caused by the dirt as I see. Anyway I can fix this issue back?

Its worn out, replace the keyboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue.903054/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi

i have a dell latitude laptop and im having an issue with the keyboard. When i first turn on the laptop the keyboard works perfectly but after a minute or two the keys starting acting funny. When in a program like internet explorer pressing keys brings up different menu's eg pressing f opens the file tab and pressing h opens the history tab.
As i said when i first turn on the laptop it types and works perfectly. I have also tried plugging in a usb keyboard to the laptop but the same problem occurs.
Any idea's or suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
G

Ctrl

All of these things will happen if you accidently press control. Try to press Alt + Delete just to check if it is the control buttons. If the CAD menu comes up, then the control button(s) may need to be fixed or replaced.Check both keys for faulty attachment, as this hapens with dell keyboards, at least the ones at my school. You may need to actually replace the keyboard because of this proble. It may be wireing that is bare or just a bad contact in the button.

As for the second keyboard, if I am correct, if you press buttons on either keyboard, your computer should respond to both keyboards. So it could still be the onboard keyboard that is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-issue.106363/
Relevancy 40.85%

Need  your help...the keyboard only one side working. OS Windows 8.1 How can I regain  full keyboard. What  happened  ? I am using the  onscreen keyboard .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531777/having-issue-with-keyboard/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have rebooted my laptop still my few keyboard switches doesn't work

I have acer v5-379 with Windows 7 home premium 64bit

Thank you
Abhi

A:issue with keyboard

Abhi hello and welcome mate some system specs would be helpful System Info - See Your System Specs

Also look in Device Manager and open out Keyboards and see if there are any yellow triangles there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/331096-issue-keyboard.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello, I seem to have an odd keyboard problem with my Laptop Compaq presario CQ62 with Windows7. It simply won't work, not even to put password in. So I use the virtual keyboard to get in (via ease of access.) i go to device manager to see if there's a driver issue with keyboard, and I attempt to update the driver, it says I have the latest, so i completely uninstall it, and try to update it again, same message. The odd thing is when I attempt to go into BIOS, via F2 on start up, it lets me. And I can go through all BIOS settings via keyboard no problem. But as soon as I go back to Windows 7 the keyboard ceases to do nothing again. Stumped.. What do ya think? Thx in advance..

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I m not sure Issue Keyboard if this is the appropriate section for this sort of post I had a look Keyboard Issue through the different sections and couldn t really see any that seemed to fit my post but as my laptop has windows OS I decided to put it here If it s the wrong section I apologise and feel free to move this post My issue isn t with Windows itself though it s with the keyboard Earlier today I was watching a movie on my laptop I didn t spill anything on my laptop or do anything unusual to it and at that time I was barely even using my keyboard When I went to google something though I noticed my keyboard was starting to spaz out When I d try to type a sentence each word would be punctuated by random numbers that I wasn t even pressing Not sure if specific examples help but just in case Some notable issues with input at the moment are - Whenever I type w it is always preceded by a ie w w w - r is preceded by a - t is always followed by a - When I hit backspace it deletes the previous character but also inserts a - Pressing the left arrow key inputs a -Pressing the o key seems to trigger some sort of shortcut on word So yeah there are many other weird issues as well but the main problem seems to be with the top row of letters in particular The end result though is that when I try to type anything it pretty much looks like a pile of trash and my laptop is currently unusable I ve had to log onto my desktop to actually post here because it would have looked ridiculous if I typed on my laptop This is kinda stressful as I don t have the money for another computer and have essays and whatnot due The scariest part though Usually when I have any issue with pretty much anything in life technological or otherwise I can just google it and find a solution However this doesn t seem the case here While plenty of people have posted about keyboard issues around the net no one seems to have the exact issue I m currently experiencing and none of the solutions seem to work If anyone knows a way to fix it that would be amazing Things I ve already tried - Cleaning the keyboard drying it off although it wasn t even wet or dirty to begin with - Toggling num lock on and off trying fn shift num lk and pretty much any num lock combination you can think of - Rebooting the laptop several times - Different keystrokes combinations that were suggested online obviously none of them worked nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue.1168795/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,

I have a problem with the keyboard, it doesn't work when the "start windows normally" window pops on, but it works while the first window after the restart. After the start windows normally window it reboots and the whole thing starts again. Please help!

Hi and welcome to TSF your not quite clear on the issue since your booting and getting start windows normally that would indicate a problem with the machine caused it to shut down,please give more details on what is happening with the shut down

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-issue-645965.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series laptop about 2 yrs old running Win 10. 
Problem just started today. When I type in Win password, it's reading it as double characters and as all caps (even though the caps lock is off).  So a  PW of (for example) "Bob123" is being read as "[email protected]@##". The "caps lock" warning below the password box is not on.  PC has been restarted several times. Is there a function key or something I hit which needs to be reset? Maybe I should consider adding a external keyboard.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983318
Relevancy 40.85%

i currently have a cooler master quickfire tk and it just suddenly stopped working on my laptop it was working the day before. I tried it on my pc and it also didn't work could it be the usb cable to it or could it be the keyboard please help! I currently have a toshiba satellite p850 windows 7 ultimate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue.1123988/
Relevancy 40.85%

My keyboard types 0's when hitting the space bar but this DOES NOT occur when in safe mode. Have tried updating drivers, new 0keyboard (drivers don't load properly). 0Any ideas would be helpful.

Uninstall the keyboard, then restart the machine and have windows detect it and load the drivers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449613/keyboard-issue/
Relevancy 40.85%

I am having trouble with my mother's keyboard. There are no beeps, it just doesn't type. It only does this when logged in as one particular user on my computer. If I switch users, the keyboard works just fine.

The last thing she remembers changing before the keyboard quit working was the cursor speed. She is not sure what else she did. She rembers being prompted to accept something, but she has no idea what and she did accept it. Any suggestions? This is an XP system.